Thread: Chevalier Dr. Kamal Haasanin Mayyam - Part 9

Hybrid View

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure if folks are viewing this forum anymore but if the teaser is anything to go by, we can expect some amazing stuff:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber Bipolar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Adox View Post
    Not sure if folks are viewing this forum anymore but if the teaser is anything to go by, we can expect some amazing stuff:

• Starring: Kamal Haasan, Fahadh Faasil, Vijay Sethupathi, Gayathrie Shankar, Narain
    • Story: A mysterious gang of vigilantes seems to be targeting 'corrupt' officials. Who are they? What are their motives? Amar (played by Fahadh Faasil), who is a member of a secret intelligence unit, is asked to find out.
    • 3 out of 5
    • An action film - plenty of action scenes - if you like that sort of thing, you will enjoy the film.
    • For me, this was the first time since the pandemic that I went to watch a film in a theatre, so that was nice.
    • But I felt it didn't match the hype. Usually Kamal Haasan films are a little 'different', e.g., Indhiyan, Kuruthi Punal, Dasaavathaaram, Aalavandhaan, etc. - whether good or bad, he usually presents something 'different', but this film was just like any other 'masala' film, with the punch dialogues and 'sentiment' scenes. I felt it seemed more like a Rajinikanth film than a Kamal Haasan film.
    • Kamal Haasan gives his usual style of performance, he has enough scenes to perform his usual dramatic style. Fahadh Faasil gives a good performance, Vijay Sethupathi's performance was a little disappointing.
    • There were some references to other films by the same actors, which was a nice touch.
    • So overall, not a bad film, but I felt it didn't match the hype.

"The best form is no form." - Bruce Lee