Page 72 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

Thread: || Raavan(an) | Mani Ratnam | Vikram | Abhishek Bachchan ||

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mirth
    And I don't like the lyrics being squeezed in (the yaar kaattu sirukki line); it instantly sticks out like a sore thumb
    u hit nail on head - it was really squashing/smashing of words stretching the sandhams......

hindi ravan is miles ahead with gulzar handling the fitting part much better......but poetry has never been a problem with neother gulzar nor VM anyday
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Raavan songs

Guys

At the risk of flaming here, I have to respectfully say that I am not impressed at all with Raavan songs. I go by music and tunes more than the lyrics - so Raavanan would fall in the same category.

I personally think this is the weakest contribution from the ARR-Mani Rathnam combine.

Other than Behne De and Beera, the songs are not inspiring at all and sound very situational.
    Ranjha ranjha sounds like an 80s Lakshmikant-Pyarelal duet.

Let us call a spade a spade and point out that the Emperor, this time, has no clothes!

Emperor ARR has had his moment of glory and his reign is now over 18 years! It is probably time to abdicate - I do not know who the next superstar is; there probably is none.

By his own standards, ARR is not upto the mark. I do not think I can listen to the other songs in Raavan in 2 or 3 years time.

I am sorry.

Sunny G
    A disappointed fan of ARR

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sunny,

There is one post of yours in the VTV thread. It goes like this.. 'Every album of ARR has recieved negative criticism in the first few weeks. Then, people change their mind'.

Hope that's the same case here. Wait and watch, buddy!
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I see many people are joining me in the dissapointment of ARR's latest offering.

The Tamil version is especially weak. Is anyone else wondering how the Kodu Potta song will fit in the same visual situation of the film?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Scale's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    //A disappointed fan of ARR//

Hardly until next release.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Yathu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Raavan songs

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyg
    I have to respectfully say that I am not impressed at all with Raavan songs.
    Other than Behne De and Beera, the songs are not inspiring at all
    Not impressed at all but you like behne de and beera. Hmmm.

Emperor ARR has had his moment of glory and his reign is now over 18 years! It is probably time to abdicate - I do not know who the next superstar is; there probably is none.
    One not so good album (in YOUR honest opinion) & its time for ARR to pack his bags? What exactly do you want from an ARR album?

Experimentation & innovation come at a cost - unfamiliarity. If you'd like something that makes for easier listening* there's plenty of other MDs who deliver the goods. ARRs music is evolving into a free flowing art form. It needs to be approached with an open mind.

*not that ARRs music can't be easy listening!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Raavan songs

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyg
    Guys

At the risk of flaming here, I have to respectfully say that I am not impressed at all with Raavan songs. I go by music and tunes more than the lyrics - so Raavanan would fall in the same category.

I personally think this is the weakest contribution from the ARR-Mani Rathnam combine.

Other than Behne De and Beera, the songs are not inspiring at all and sound very situational.
    Ranjha ranjha sounds like an 80s Lakshmikant-Pyarelal duet.

Let us call a spade a spade and point out that the Emperor, this time, has no clothes!

By his own standards, ARR is not upto the mark. I do not think I can listen to the other songs in Raavan in 2 or 3 years time.

I am sorry.

Sunny G
    A disappointed fan of ARR
    ella arr album-mum disappointing-than ivarukku!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar
    Sunny,

There is one post of yours in the VTV thread. It goes like this.. 'Every album of ARR has recieved negative criticism in the first few weeks. Then, people change their mind'.

sunny,neenga kora mattum sollathan intha thread-ikku varuveenggala, arr album ithuvarai praise panni ithuvaraikum naan padichathey illa!ithala arr fan vera!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by A.ANAND
    Sunny,

sunny,neenga kora mattum sollathan intha thread-ikku varuveenggala, arr album ithuvarai praise panni ithuvaraikum naan padichathey illa!ithala arr fan vera!
    so what ,let him tell that ........we keep telling that ARR album is great always
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDY
    Quote Originally Posted by A.ANAND
    Sunny,

so what ,let him tell that ........we keep telling that ARR album is great always
    konjamavathu manasatchi vendama sir?illichavaya inna athu arr fans innu enggavathu otti vechirukanggala?half baked album-ma kuda great innu sollra group illa naama!arr fans 'verupetanum' inne sabatham eduthukkittu ingga vanthu tuppitu poravanggala enna sollarengga!

Page 72 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast