Page 52 of 121 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: || Slumdog Millionaire | Danny Boyle | Dev Patel ||

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    watched the movie for the 8th time never felt bored at any scene. music ofcourse like any of his songs, its gettin better n better. bgm is awesome.

Post Thanks / Like
    video of Rahman receiving the award from CCA:

http://www.vh1.com/video/play.jhtml?...193&vid=330087

For India...

(Enjoy)

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Golden globes major social event for HWood. It is inside circle. So, I think only Best Director guaranteed. But, Rahman is poster child for Indian music, so he can get Best Composer despite the not so Jai Ho Ho song. (Rahman, please get more spontaniety and thump in your songs for Hollywood when you get there. "Juzt Beat it, Just do the beat it, pal.) Best movie will be a battle between Dark K or SlumD or Milk( either way it is Indianish winner - (Dark (Night Shyamalan)), Slum and Holy Cow. So, don't be disappointed. It is India's Golden Earlobes plus Olden Globes, something like that..... Since GG is about $$ marketing, and DK made money, they might like to make SM some money. Let us see. So, there is a possibility for 3 awards. Screenplay would be thrown because of the originality of it and indirect kudos to Swarup for his contribution. Oscar's is difficult to say, but it the biggest social for Hollywood, just a few Indians won't make a summer for them! So, let us hope Rahman and Danny Boyle make it atleast. They are very special human beings. and Good luck, slums (aah, a bye product of the glorious caste system of India is now making a name. Every dog has his day - cannot get better than this!)

Moderator Diamond Hubber littlemaster1982's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Natha1279,

Why are you so negative about SDM and awards? Not able to stomach the fact that ARR is getting recognition?

Geez!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    " so he can get Best Composer despite the not so Jai Ho Ho song."

No, I don't think one gets best composer for the song (I found it okay, but I have a genuine weakness for the score). It'd be well deserved if he is nominated.

Regardless of what one thinks of such awards, you're tempted of supporting your favorites.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rahman's Slumdog Millionaire song goes to Oscars
    Friday, January 09, 2009 11:12 [IST]

A. R Rahman lost a dear friend and sound recordist H Sridhar days after 26/11. It has left the musical maestro shaken but not devastated. Without telling a soul, he left for the US to submit his Hindi song 'Jai Ho' from Slumdog Millionaire at the Oscars.. a song that actually belonged to Subhash Ghai!

The song has already been nominated for the 'New York Critics Choice Award', and the soundtrack has fetched Rahman the 'Los Angeles Critics Choice Award' for the best score. The soundtrack has just received a Golden Globe Nomination and the song is a hot favourite at the Oscars.

And to think that the song belonged to Subhash Ghai in Yuvvraaj. It's not just the 'Choli Ke Peeche Kya Hai' song that Subhash Ghai allowed the British director Danny Boyle and A. R. Rahman to use in Slumdog Millionaire. It now comes to light that Ghai also gave away an entire original song from his own Yuvvraaj to Slumdog Millionaire.

How did this bewildering barter of creativity happen? Says the song's writer Gulzar, "I had written a song called 'Aaja Aaja Shamiane Ke Taley, Zari Wale Neele Aasman Ke Taley' for Subhash Ghai's Yuvvraaj. But then for some reason Subhash felt he didn't need that song in the film. So Rahman suggested that we use the track in Slumdog Millionaire because it fitted perfectly. We asked Subhash and he readily agreed. I must say it was very generous of him. It's my first international project."

Subhash Ghai brushes off the compliment. "There's nothing generous about it. Give and take is an integral part of any creative field. Look at M F Husain Saab's generosity. He called me up all the way from Dubai to say he loved Yuvvraaj. After the battering that it got, his words came as balm to my soul, especially when Husain Saab said he saw the film twice and liked it even better the second time. I happily gave the 'Aaja Aaja' song to Rahman when he said that it was needed for Danny Boyle's film. I felt the song was slightly too soft and subtle for the aggressive character (Zayed Khan). I'm glad they could use it."

And now the song that Subhash Ghai so generously handed over to another film is being submitted for the Oscars. 'Aaja Aaja Shamiane Ke Taley' is being entered in for the Best Song Category at the Oscars.

Any regrets for giving over the song? "None at all. Every film and every song has its own destiny. That song was meant to be in Slumdog Millionaire. I'm just happy that a Hindi song is being noticed heard and hummed in the US by non-NRI audiences," says Ghai.

Speaking from the US, Rahman says, "I'm here for work. But I've to say the sudden death of my friend and my permanent sound recordist H Sridhar (who died of a cardiac arrest on December 1) has been a big blow for me. He was a close friend and professional associate for twenty years. He was not just a sound recordist but also a fantastic keyboards player. He revolutionalized sound recording. I am shattered? It's a personal and professional loss. But life goes on. It has to."

Source : IndiaFM
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some of the tweets of people around the globe showering praises on SDM Music!

melcaylo: saw Slumdog Millionaire and now I want to be in an Indian music video.

tecarmona: just bought the slumdog millionaire soundtrack on itunes. i don't know which i like better, the movie or the music. (both are awesome.)

billstaples: Do films make me buy music.. Slumdog Millionaire made me go A-HA

nakedsushi: Thanks to Slumdog Millionaire, I've been listening to Indian music at work for 3 days straight.

aloha_pineapple: I REALLY want the Slumdog Millionaire soundtrack. I can't stop thinking about the music.

MikeWright101: Today's Top Tune from KCRW: A.R. Rahman's 'Latika's Theme' from Slumdog Millionaire

Atomicow: i havent seen slumdog millionaire, but working at a theater i get to see/hear the end credits alot - and the music is wild, to say the least

waffles: Slumdog Millionaire is a fantastic movie, in every sense. I especially loved the music.

unworn: @typefiend love Rehman! have owned the "Dil Se" album in tape, cd, mp3, m4a form over the years! loved Slumdog Millionaire' s music too...

lelandyoung: Slumdog Millionaire is superbly shot and acted. Blown away by the music, the wide, colorful vistas and the vivid, gripping storytelling.

CaitlinV3NUS: finally finished Slumdog Millionaire. ridiculously good. thanks @Chanathan Extra points for the great music too.
    sambert: Slumdog Millionaire, awesome movie, awesome music!

jonmyers: Suzi and I saw Slumdog Millionaire. Amazing, strong film. Great music.

johncaswell: OK so I now have to see Slumdog Millionaire! ...the music sounds great too...

IndieFlix: Saw Slumdog Millionaire Theatre was packed & hot. It felt like India. Masterfully crafted Brilliantly cast Music A+ Be sure to watch credits

nagyman: Slumdog Millionaire. ..Great music, great picture, well told story. Must see.

gonomad: late night blogging about Slumdog Millionaire, a wonderful movie we saw tonight. The music and the sound effects and the story--powerful

Jasperblu: People, if you haven't seen "Slumdog Millionaire" yet... RUN don't walk to the theater. Best movie, love story, music, scenery, etc. ever!!!

shaig: slumdog millionaire was a good movie, despite all the hype I did enjoy it, music was great!

vigilanteweb: 'Slumdog Millionaire' was all that was promised. Great story, great acting and great music.

charliepark: ... follow-up: Saw Slumdog Millionaire last night. VERY good. The music was excellent. Also: vision of poverty was sobering and humiliating.
    Oglio: can't say enuff good things about Slumdog Millionaire (great music as well!)

timjahn: Slumdog Millionaire was amazing! I highly recommend to all. Fantastic visuals, music, and story!

Omega13: Just saw Slumdog Millionaire. It was really entertaining, kinetic, and moving. Great Music. Must buy soundtrack tomorrow.

murphysean: Slumdog Millionaire has got to be Best Picture - what a film. Great music too!

craftivista: Starting off year with new music, both old (Wiley, Lady Sovereign, Bjork) and new (Slumdog Millionaire sndtrk)

adelime: I'm loving the soundtrack to Slumdog Millionaire. The film was great, and the music is beautiful.

SarahSiegel: Feeling inspired by "Slumdog Millionaire" - what a clever way of raising poverty-consciousne ss; what amazing music; what fantastic acting!

altan321: Slumdog Millionaire Wow! Great music, unique narrative structure, magical realism.

brendee: @debontherocks Totally agree about Slumdog Millionaire! Loved every second of it. The music is awesome too!

msjohnston: "Slumdog Millionaire" - once again a film that makes me want to go to India. It was terrifying and mesmerizing and the music - WOW!

bradley8424: Indian people playing loud Indian music outside. It's not M.I.A. and it's not from Slumdog Millionaire so it's deff not OK.

dgtlpapercuts: Slumdog Millionaire was fabulous: cinematography, story, acting, music. Now India food for dinner

pachecod: @lafinguy I'm downloading a bunch of Bollywood music after seeing Slumdog Millionaire. Great movie! See it.

lilchick: Just saw Slumdog Millionaire - awesome flick! Screenplay was super tight, and the music was brilliant. They included MIA even.

3pmusic: Slumdog Millionaire was incredible. Danny Boyle is just a fantastic director. Great story. Great actors. Brilliant music. Fav of 2008

wesfisher: Just saw Slumdog Millionaire. The music & sound editing were great. The child actors did an excellent job. Cinematography was pretty cool...

neiljholland: Saw Slumdog Millionaire Fri night. Highly recommend it but be ready to hang around for a little bollywood music video at the end.

JoshuaSH: Rocking out to the soundtrack to "Slumdog Millionaire. " Freaking awesome music from a great movie!

sejdb: I am amazed by Slumdog Millionaire, the night and the music. What Fred Astaire said- let's dance!

Paul_Lemberg: Just saw Slumdog Millionaire. Easily the best movie of the year. Best music, too.

unworn: Slumdog Millionaire was amazing. Great story, beautiful shots and perfect music.
    hutchins: Thought Slumdog Millionaire was great but the "music video" during the credits was so out of place and unnecessary

source:
    arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by littlemaster1982
    Natha1279,

Why are you so negative about SDM and awards? Not able to stomach the fact that ARR is getting recognition?

Geez!!!
    LM, i'm shocked that u r questioning such people - they have chronic medical problems we musnt make fun of them however funny they are

back to topic - again the freaking tamil newspapers havent reported it........

thalaivar needs to win oscars romba tension-a irukku
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Post Thanks / Like
    he will win as the odds favour him... But I read an article yesterday stating that Golden Globe winners dont get Oscars and vice versa..Is that true?

- Bernard Shaw