Citizen Kane is considered by many as the greatest film of all time, and I could see why, because the story, acting, music, and everything else is just so perfectly done and is just so incredible that its hard to believe that one man created this masterpiece. The plot is the best part, it tells the tragic and sad life of one man who wanted love but had none to give, and it just follows his mysterious life step by step an never tries to be boring and it never forgets what the point of the story is, possibly the greatest screenplay ever. Orson Wells is remembered for mostly one thing in his life, acting and directing the most critically acclaimed film in the history of cinema, and he pulls both off with flying colors in ways I cannot describe. The cinematography of the film is also incredible, its like every scene was on the perfect spot for the film. Citizen Kane is not my favorite movie of all time, but if a friend of mine came up to me and asked me "Is Citizen Kane the greatest film of all time?". I would ony respond with "yes, its not my favorite film but it is the best film."

August 15, 2011

Interesting review by one of the vistors of rottentomatoes.