Thread: Which non-indian film u saw recently has made u post here???

Hybrid View

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Skif (2018, Russian)
    Written & directed by Rustam Mosafir

I very much looked forward for the russian film Legend of Kolovrat (2017), but it turned out to be another "300" like, with over the top effects that diluted the real heroism, I mean the barbaric sub-text these type of movies tried to carry with them.

I was also expecting for Rustam Mosafir's Skif (working title in english "The Scythian" & European Blu-ray title "Rage"); finally, watched the movie this weekend. The film is wonderful, as I would ask for, with blood and gore forming the artistique backbone to the story. The narration was cool, with 2 principle characters trying to get along and other supporting characters playing along for them; and others with beasty masks and bizare face packs. The costumes and makeup were outstanding, ..., and last but not least, the action were realistic and original with some cool weapons that inflict bad cuts and smooth slices.

If I am not wrong, the spl. effects were used only thrice, in three action/dramatic sequences, the rest were constructed with outstanding use of editing techniques. The heroism was well captured by the lead actors, esp. the final scenes is superb. Its amazing how close they have come to potray reality in an epic-fantasy film. I watch such films for their epic music too. Skif has some original celtic techno musical pieces.

Viewers discretion is adviced. Available on VOD as well as on Blu-Ray in Europe (with French Subtitles). I have no idea about the rest of the world.

Skif - Brutal
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement