PDA

View Full Version : Bala's epic - Paradesi (பரதேசி) - Adharvaa Dhansika Vedhika - GV Prakash

Pages : [1] 2

Siv.S
22nd November 2011, 07:33 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/equtrc.jpg

Ace director Bala is now in pre-production work of his new film.

The film tentatively titled Eriyum Thanal will have the comparatively new Atharva, son of late actor Murali as the hero.

Bala who usually pens his own scripts has been inspired to make this film based on a Malayalam novel. The story, according to reports, is based on a family and the turmoil they undergo due to a freaked out son amongst them. Atharva will play the vexed son.

This would also be the first time that Bala is spinning a story around a family. The national award winning director is at the moment busy with the pre-production works concerned with this film, the shooting for which is touted to begin during December. There are also reports doing rounds that the director is on the look out for characters who would get to play Atharvaa's parents in the film.

Yet another first in this film would be the teaming of Bala with GV Prakash, the latter who would be setting the tunes for 'Eriyum Thanal.' The director is also believed to have revealed that he is planning to wrap this project within six months.

NOV
22nd November 2011, 07:46 PM
Yet another first in this film would be the teaming of Bala with GV Prakash, the latter who would be setting the tunes for 'Eriyum Thanal.' The director is also believed to have revealed that he is planning to wrap this project within six months. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Parthyy
22nd November 2011, 09:27 PM
siva,
confirmed ah? vishal oda balannu news vanthathu...

Balaji.r
22nd November 2011, 09:34 PM
Thats after Eriyum Thanal

Parthyy
22nd November 2011, 10:05 PM
ok ...

balaajee
23rd November 2011, 12:56 PM
I pray for Atharva to turn his efforts fruitful like Vikram, Suriya & unlike Arya & Vishal.

NOV
23rd November 2011, 02:27 PM
Whats wrong with Arya?
NK is Bala's best film to date!

balaajee
23rd November 2011, 04:01 PM
Whats wrong with Arya?

Its my personal opinion that NK didn't brought best/most out of ARYA (spend years with bear & slimming, Skin tone changing), as movie focused more on disabled people.
More over to demolish a begger leader, i don't think a person to come from KASI all the way, for that it’s enough to have local RAMARAAJAN

Cinemarasigan
23rd November 2011, 04:58 PM
Good news.. Surprised at the Hero Selection..

Atharva-ku adicchadhu lucku..

balaajee
19th December 2011, 11:48 AM
BALA is BALA- Given a Cap to Adarva to hide his hair getup.

VinodKumar's
19th December 2011, 11:58 AM
Whats wrong with Arya?

End result thaan matter. For Vikram and Surya Bala movies were life time turning point in their careers aana ivanga rendu perukum appdi yethum nadakala. Quality + Quantity stays long.

lydayaxobia493
21st April 2012, 03:11 PM
Title change pannungappa... Bala's Paradesi....:fatigue:

mexicomeat
21st April 2012, 07:08 PM
Good news.. Surprised at the Hero Selection..

Atharva-ku adicchadhu lucku..

read somewhere that murali was bala's first choice to play the chithan character in pihamagan. but for some unknown reasons it did not happen.

he promised murali that he would give him a role in future - maybe thats why adarva got the role.

leosimha
21st April 2012, 08:14 PM
Whats wrong with Arya?

NK might be a good movie....but Arya..was he not overacting?

Movie Cop
23rd April 2012, 12:36 PM
NK might be a good movie....but Arya..was he not overacting?
IMO, NK padathule Arya've (I mean his character) thevai illeng :lol2:

That aghori stunt from Bala stood out like a sore thumb w/o any contribution to the movie. :sigh: It looked like Bala used him as an excuse to "pOttuthallufy" thandavan in the end, ambuthuthen...

In fact, when I watched NK, I felt like - "documentary ellam nalla thein irukku, anna idhellam ippo en enga kitta solreenga"? (as in what's the point kinda feeling).

To me, Slumdock touching a bit on the same underlying subject as NK was better both in terms of screen-play intellisense and entertainment.

rsubras
23rd April 2012, 02:08 PM
read somewhere that murali was bala's first choice to play the chithan character in pihamagan. but for some unknown reasons it did not happen.

he promised murali that he would give him a role in future - maybe thats why adarva got the role.

Vikram kooda fight karanama Murali was booked and then samathanam aachu kelvi pattaen,

appadiye pithamagan la murali ya pottirunthaalum Surya role ku than pottiruppanga ninaikkaren, Surya would have turned Chiththan in that case..... of course ithu imo... bala's pov epadi irunthirukkumo......... murali as chiththan !!!

jaiganes
23rd April 2012, 08:08 PM
IMO, NK padathule Arya've (I mean his character) thevai illeng :lol2:

That aghori stunt from Bala stood out like a sore thumb w/o any contribution to the movie. :sigh: It looked like Bala used him as an excuse to "pOttuthallufy" thandavan in the end, ambuthuthen...

In fact, when I watched NK, I felt like - "documentary ellam nalla thein irukku, anna idhellam ippo en enga kitta solreenga"? (as in what's the point kinda feeling).

To me, Slumdock touching a bit on the same underlying subject as NK was better both in terms of screen-play intellisense and entertainment.
ranagaLathulayum oru GiLu GiLuppu.. mm? nadakkattum

ajaybaskar
23rd April 2012, 08:18 PM
Ramarajan was the first choice to play Saravanan's character in Nandha. JFYI.

PARAMASHIVAN
23rd April 2012, 08:28 PM

Ishwara ,

Nalla vElai thapinOm !

MADDY
24th April 2012, 10:18 AM

same feeling......

and this title can be easily misunderstood for some sort of early morning medical condition afflicted due to eating over-spiced dinner.....

Bala (Karthik)
24th April 2012, 10:27 AM
Slumdock-a nonsense!

mEddy :lol:
In our cirkkuzh, we use "Keezhvaanam Sivakkum"

groucho070
24th April 2012, 10:57 AM
:rotfl: memories of that NT film won't be the same again :lol:

ajaybaskar
24th April 2012, 11:00 AM
:rotfl: :rotfl2:

Siv.S
24th April 2012, 11:03 AM
Maddy,B(K) :rotfl2:

MADDY
24th April 2012, 11:59 AM
mEddy :lol:
In our cirkkuzh, we use "Keezhvaanam Sivakkum"

same in our cirkuzh too :lol:

rsubras
24th April 2012, 12:58 PM

he wouldnt have agreed as his desire is to create a record in TFM that no other actor holds, "acting as a hero in all his movies"

balaajee
24th April 2012, 03:51 PM
he wouldnt have agreed as his desire is to create a record in TFM that no other actor holds, "acting as a hero in all his movies"

Yes had confirmed the same in an weekly magazine.

NOV
8th August 2012, 05:56 PM
Directed by Bala
Produced by Prasad V. Potluri
Written by Nanjilnadan
Based on Eriyum Thanal
Starring Adharvaa
Dhansika
Vedhika
Uma Riyaz Khan
Music by G. V. Prakash Kumar
Cinematography Chezhiyan
Editing by Kishore Te.
Studio PVP Cinema
Release date(s) October 2012

http://tbozzmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/paradesi.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/386920_10151085027349295_1001822146_n.jpg

NOV
8th August 2012, 05:59 PM
The Audio Launch and trailer release of PARADESI movie is being planned for the 19th of September in London (VC day)

Bala, who has helmed hits like Sethu, Nandha, Pithamagan, Naan Kadavul and Avan Ivan, brings to film patrons his new film titled Paradesi. The film promises an unusual script in keeping with his usual style.

Paradesi is based on certain real life experiences that occurred in the 1930s pre-independence India. Atharvaa Murali plays the protagonist, while Vedhika C Kumar and Dhansika are the leading ladies in the film.

Music is by GV Prakash, cinematography by Chezhiyan, dialogues are by Nanjil Nadan and editing by Kishore. Paradesi has been shot back-to-back in Salur and Manamadurai in Sivagangai district, in parts of Kerala- Munnar and Talaiyar and the forest areas of Kannakarai in Theni district.

The film is slated for a release in Tamil and Telugu in October.
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/preview/16102.html

P_R
8th August 2012, 06:07 PM
mangaLagaramAna pEru. Ladiesku romba pudikkum.

Parthyy
8th August 2012, 06:10 PM
hmm london,singapore malaysia nadakattum
Gvp muziq ...period movie??
Why do i feel illaiyaraja would have been great choice considering his movies wit bala..
Anyhow premise looks interesting

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
8th August 2012, 06:12 PM
கதாநாயகனை பிச்சை எடுக்க விட்டு நல்லா பிச்சை எடுத்தா, படத்துக்கு செலெக்ட் செய்யுறது. இதே மாதிரி ஒரு நாள். நீ தூக்கு போட்டு தொங்கணும். செத்தப்புரம்(?) தத்த்ரூபமா நடிச்சா உன் பொணத்தை வெச்சி படமெடுத்து உன்னை விஸ்வரூபமா ஆக்கி காட்டுறேன்

நாயகன் டு பாலா:- சார் நீங்க தத்ரூபமா இந்த ரேப் காட்சிகள் லாம் எடுக்குறதில்லையா?!?

SoftSword
8th August 2012, 06:19 PM
full support to bala as usual :thumbsup:
avan-ivan sodhappunadhukku idhula full force'a varanum...

jus wonderin how this adharva will do...
andha IT guy movie padatthulayae vesamlaam pOttu over mokkai... paappom...

btw, nice title..

Nerd
8th August 2012, 06:20 PM
-Unsahikkable Avan Ivan
-Association with the super singer gumbal
-Choosing GV (He once mentioned Rahman meesic will not work for his films (!))

Unselected. Hope the movie and the music surprise me :-)

kid-glove
8th August 2012, 06:22 PM
Casting unknowns seems to suggest a pre-AI universe, though?

Prabo
GVP music'kukellaam ethukku London, appadiyae theruvOramaa panthal pOttu release panna pOthaathaa?

NOV
mangaLagaramAna pEru. Ladiesku romba pudikkum.
paradEsi original meaning is indeed good.... has been made to mean derogatory like deiva adiyaal

P_R
8th August 2012, 06:23 PM
super singer?

jaiganes
8th August 2012, 06:23 PM
no comments..
but nanjil naadan on the writer side - hope springs eternal..

P_R
8th August 2012, 06:25 PM
I know NOV.
Just ribbing at Bala's choice of title overlapping with his penchant for thalai seevaadha heros.

NOV
8th August 2012, 06:25 PM
One of the main things I will be looking forward to is GV Prakash music.... the wonder-boy of music and about the only MD who provides listenable songs now.

Nerd
8th August 2012, 06:30 PM
super singer?

He confessed at Super Singer that he is a huge fan / no sooting when super singer is going on etc., during Avan Ivan promotions. Also cast that dhaadi thaaththaa of Super Singer..

kid-glove
8th August 2012, 06:33 PM
Yeah,, made me cringe too..

P_R
8th August 2012, 06:33 PM
Oh...naansens :x Respett-la paththu point drop immediat.
I thought that trainer guy was a jab at them. (Cracks me up that his name in the movie is Srikanth - Sreegaandhu..:rotfl:)
ivar crime rate koodikittE pOgudhu. ennai poruththa varaikkum indha padam 'make-or-break' aayirumnu ninaikkiREn.

kid-glove
8th August 2012, 06:34 PM
We are also waiting for Katradhu Thamizh guy's next film sir. :twisted:

And Viswa... :shaking:

Parthyy
8th August 2012, 06:35 PM
GVP music'kukellaam ethukku London, appadiyae theruvOramaa panthal pOttu release panna pOthaathaa?

:rotfl2: athu enna boy kasaappu kadai thirappu vilaava

balaajee
8th August 2012, 06:43 PM
There was already a thread for this movie, i guess in diff name as eriyum thanal

NOV
8th August 2012, 06:51 PM
There was already a thread for the is movie i guess in diff name as eriyum thanal
Thanks balaajee... merge panniduvOm :D

AravindMano
9th August 2012, 06:27 AM
Important koschin I have - Is Pooja Umashankar acting this film or not?

Siv.S
9th August 2012, 11:09 AM
Gvp muziq ...period movie??
How can you forget Vaamma Doraiamma? :lol2:

Siv.S
9th August 2012, 11:44 AM
http://www.mayyam.com/talk/attachment.php?attachmentid=1661&d=1344492866

kid-glove
9th August 2012, 11:50 AM
Backdrop looks tasty..

SoftSword
9th August 2012, 04:04 PM
btw, already epic?

Mahen
13th August 2012, 06:07 PM
G V Prakash Kumar is all thrilled, since he has completed composing music for 'Paradesi'. Since this is the first time for him to work with director Bala, the young composer is eagerly waiting for the reaction from the audience.

"Paradesi music is totally different from what I have done so far. I have attempted something unique. And I can call it as world music," says Prakash.

The musician adds: "Each time when I work with a top director, I learn a lot and I grow as a music composer. I must say working with Bala was a great and nice experience."

The audio of 'Paradesi' will be launched in London on September 19. Atharvaa Murali plays the protagonist, while Vedhika and Dhanshikaa are the leading ladies in the film.

The movie is based on certain real life experiences that occurred in the 1930s pre-independence India.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
13th August 2012, 06:41 PM
btw, already epic?

as of now its just a pic!

NOV
13th August 2012, 06:52 PM
hero heroinekku enna poruththam... atharva vEdhaa....

balaajee
14th August 2012, 10:21 AM
hero heroinekku enna poruththam... atharva vEdhaa....

Bala..

rangan_08
14th August 2012, 08:39 PM
Backdrop looks tasty..

Kudai pidikkiravarukkuthan vali theriyum.

Btw, i feel "Paradesi " is a term that has long since become obsolete....even tamil film comedians don't use them anymore.

HonestRaj
15th August 2012, 11:25 PM
traveller?

october release nu advt parthen..

jaiganes
15th August 2012, 11:43 PM
Kudai pidikkiravarukkuthan vali theriyum.

Btw, i feel "Paradesi " is a term that has long since become obsolete....even tamil film comedians don't use them anymore.
It is a period film. hence the title.

app_engine
16th August 2012, 12:03 AM
paradesi simply means temporary resident / alien in vadamozhi...nAdOdi...(all Indians abroad all called in the net in a short form of this, as 'dEsi' :lol:) How can it become obsolete?

balaajee
17th August 2012, 04:02 PM
Paradesi @ Thandavam Audio Launch

http://www.mayyam.com/talk/attachment.php?attachmentid=1691&d=1345199539

HonestRaj
17th August 2012, 06:28 PM
:rotfl2: athu enna boy kasaappu kadai thirappu vilaava

appadiye kari kadai bhai'yai kooptu vandhu ninnukkOri varanum paada vechudalam

HonestRaj
17th August 2012, 06:28 PM
Paradesi @ Thandavam Audio Launch

idhu get-up change ah?

mexicomeat
18th August 2012, 09:18 AM
idhu get-up change ah?
shooting is over

NOV
25th August 2012, 08:31 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/561978_437270659645189_1408095274_n.jpg

Senareb
25th August 2012, 12:42 PM
Stills'na payangaram...:notworthy:

Luking fwd..

Senareb
27th August 2012, 01:44 PM
http://www.accesskollywood.com/photo-galleries/paradesi-movie-new-look-posters/images/paradesi-movie-new-look-posters02.jpg

http://www.accesskollywood.com/photo-galleries/paradesi-movie-new-look-posters/images/paradesi-movie-new-look-posters01.jpg

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
10th October 2012, 01:39 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A41EGJ5CcAAIIkU.jpg:large

HonestRaj
11th October 2012, 09:24 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/261969_426436877415332_1806171128_n.jpg

HonestRaj
11th October 2012, 09:36 AM
http://www.thamizhthirai.com/wp-content/gallery/paradesi-first-look/paradesi_first_look_exclusive_stills_01_0.jpg

NOV
11th October 2012, 09:37 AM
what a changeover mama! :shock:

HonestRaj
11th October 2012, 09:39 AM
http://www.thamizhthirai.com/wp-content/gallery/paradesi-first-look/paradesi_first_look_exclusive_stills_03.jpg

Senareb
11th October 2012, 10:32 AM
'Naan kadavul'ai vida kodurama irukkum poliye... :lol2:

HonestRaj
11th October 2012, 11:12 AM
it might be like Peranmai Jayam Ravi's village portions

A.ANAND
11th October 2012, 11:28 AM
'Naan kadavul'ai vida kodurama irukkum poliye... :lol2:

ha..ha...good 1.bala avarudaya ulagathila irunthu veliya varakudathunnu uruthiya irukaru!

balaajee
11th October 2012, 11:34 AM
The look is similar to SURIYA's DAD in roja poo ravikaikari

HonestRaj
11th October 2012, 11:36 AM
ha..ha...good 1.bala avarudaya ulagathila irunthu veliya varakudathunnu uruthiya irukaru!

apapdiyum oru ulagam irukku.. angeyum makkaL irukkangannu ellorum therinjukattume..

Senareb
11th October 2012, 11:42 AM
apapdiyum oru ulagam irukku.. angeyum makkaL irukkangannu ellorum therinjukattume..

athai rendu moonu padathula kaamitcha pothatha....
ella padathileyum kaamikkanuma :huh:

'Naan kadavul' is ok...v were lived ther when v watched tat movie.. wonderful creation... nothing blame..
bt 'Avan-ivan' get-up'na too much...antha padathukku'na antha get-up'ae thevaiye illa...
after all, vishal's hard work is vanished nw...:(

A.ANAND
11th October 2012, 11:49 AM
athai rendu moonu padathula kaamitcha pothatha....
ella padathileyum kaamikkanuma :huh:

'Naan kadavul' is ok...v were lived ther when v watched tat movie.. wonderful creation... nothing blame..
bt 'Avan-ivan' get-up'na too much...antha padathukku'na antha get-up'ae thevaiye illa...
after all, vishal's hard work is vanished nw...:(

Agree!ennaku ennamo vishal n arya vedam in avan ivan moviela paakarapo ramanarayanan padathila vara vanavilaggugal nyabagam than varathu!nalla koranggu settai!!

A.ANAND
11th October 2012, 11:52 AM

atha vida kodumaiyana appataker ellam ingga irukangale..athayum kattalame!

Nasc
11th October 2012, 01:37 PM
atha vida kodumaiyana appataker ellam ingga irukangale..athayum kattalame!

ovvoru ponnuku ovvoru feeling...athu mari ovvoru directorku ovvoru comfort zone..

example namma Mani sir !forte in brining out nuances of human relation / emotions - especially(:lol2:) the whole plot revolving around this emotional up/downu/leftu/rightu center happening between the lead characters !!
pallavi anu pallavi( hero and a married woman) arambichu pagal nilavu , idayakoil , mounaragam, anjali ,thiruda thiruda, ,thalabathy,uyire,alaipayuthey..etc etc till raavanan varaikum athu thaney sir edukurar.

logic righta!!!elambingaley:yessir:

rsubras
12th October 2012, 12:08 PM
title kum atharva get up kum paartha chinna thambi la vara "enakku kalyanam enakku kalyanam" character than nyabagathukkku varuthu

ecureuhapis
13th October 2012, 01:47 AM
http://www.thamizhthirai.com/wp-content/gallery/paradesi-first-look/paradesi_first_look_exclusive_stills_03.jpg

senthil-ai copy adichitanunga..

http://www.extramirchi.com/gallery/albums/south/actors/senthil/Senthil03.jpg

balaajee
16th October 2012, 10:29 AM

Cinemarasigan
16th October 2012, 12:36 PM
Stills ellAm super-ah irukku, we can expect another master piece from Bala.. :thumbsup:

NOV
16th October 2012, 05:24 PM
http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/374101_515314578496609_775198644_n.jpg

balaajee
8th November 2012, 10:41 AM
'அவன் இவன்' படத்தினைத் தொடர்ந்து பாலா இயக்கத்தில் உருவாகி இருக்கும் படம் 'பரதேசி'. அதர்வா, வேதிகா, தன்ஷிகா மற்றும் பலர் நடித்து இருக்கும் இப்படத்திற்கு ஜி.வி.பிரகாஷ் இசையமைத்து இருக்கிறார்.

இப்படத்தின் இறுதி பாடலை ஏர்டெல் சூப்பர் சிங்கர் ஜுனியர் இறுதிகட்டம் வரை வந்த ப்ரகதி பாடி இருக்கிறார். இப்படத்தின் அனைத்து பாடல்களையும் முடித்து கொடுத்துவிட்டார் ஜி.வி.பிரகாஷ்.

'பரதேசி' படப்பிடிப்பு முடிந்து விட்டது. பாடல்கள் அனைத்துமே montage காட்சிகள் தான் என்பதால், பாலா அவை படத்தில் எப்படி இருக்க வேண்டும் என்பதை முடிவு செய்து அதற்கும் படப்பிடிப்பை முடித்து விட்டார்.

இப்படத்தின் இசை வெளியீட்டு விழா முதலில் லண்டனில் நடைபெறுவதாக இருந்தது. ஆனால் தற்போது திட்டம் மாற்றப்பட்டு, நவம்பர் 21ம் தேதி சென்னையில் நடைபெற இருக்கிறது.

கிறிஸ்துமஸ் விடுமுறை தினங்களை கணக்கில் கொண்டு படத்தினை டிசம்பர் 21ம் தேதி படத்தினை வெளியிட இருக்கிறார்கள்.

'கொசுறு' கபாலி : " நான் மொத நாள் மொத ஷோ போயிருவேன்! "- vikatan

NOV
21st November 2012, 06:22 PM
http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/8776_10151258975689295_1633547602_n.jpg
http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/396630_10151258972214295_490134459_n.jpg
http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/68487_10151258972259295_1347851431_n.jpg
http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/254954_10151258972029295_1323201313_n.jpg
http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/302894_10151258972309295_1238571006_n.jpg
http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/198307_10151258978419295_1245083063_n.jpg
http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/18282_10151258972104295_200086130_n.jpg

satissh_r
21st November 2012, 07:47 PM
Only 3 songs? I presume the pics are from the cd layout, nicely done

Anban
21st November 2012, 08:06 PM
film rejected.. songs rejected..

gvp, some SSJ irritant.. totally rejected...

venkkiram
21st November 2012, 08:52 PM
More than the music from GVP, I am looking forward to see how the chemistry between the director and lyricist. Am very positive on this collaboration.

NOV
22nd November 2012, 06:04 AM
gvp, some SSJ irritant.. totally rejected...I hope this movie does as well as Viswaroopam :poke:

NOV
22nd November 2012, 07:25 PM
http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/254981_286627058107547_892040325_n.jpg

mexicomeat
23rd November 2012, 01:18 PM
is the hero playing a tribal?

Sunil_M88
23rd November 2012, 07:13 PM
Adharvaa looks similar to Madhavan in the above pic

mexicomeat
24th November 2012, 04:27 AM
http://moviegalleri.net/wp-content/gallery/paradesi-movie-stills/bala_in_paradesi_movie_stills_adharvaa_murali_50f5 b64.jpg

ecureuhapis
24th November 2012, 11:24 AM

gvp, some SSJ irritant.. totally rejected...

:exactly:

satissh_r
25th November 2012, 10:20 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV4oEP4QUY8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

NOV
25th November 2012, 10:28 AM
1939! Period movie like madrasapattinam. No wonder Bala has complete confidence in GVP. :clap:

venkkiram
25th November 2012, 10:35 AM
:notworthy: making!

B.a.l.a.

Parthyy
25th November 2012, 11:14 AM
wow schlinder's list pola irukumoe

arulraj
25th November 2012, 12:03 PM
looks like sudesi APOCOLYPTO ....this time we can expect emotional drama instead of pshyco ...:???:

Parthyy
25th November 2012, 12:23 PM
as usual bala morbidity ennaathu apocalypto va pshyco??

VinodKumar's
25th November 2012, 03:04 PM
GVP meesic irukarathunaala padam kandipa hit aagirum :lol2:.

Mahen
25th November 2012, 03:06 PM
bgm impressive..we dont meed IR anymore :lol2:

VinodKumar's
25th November 2012, 03:07 PM
as usual bala morbidity ennaathu apocalypto va pshyco??

appocalypto pshyco va iruntha eppdi irrukum ;). Sethu Pithamagan maari iruntha nallarukum.

Anban
25th November 2012, 03:07 PM
hopeless people ..

can easily predict the story and almost the screenplay also.. Bala, please prove me wrong ..

VinodKumar's
25th November 2012, 03:12 PM
bgm impressive..we dont meed IR anymore :lol2:

Songs are going to be the classic we ever heard so we dont need ARR also anymore :noteeth:.

Parthyy
25th November 2012, 03:22 PM
Songs are going to be the classic we ever heard so we dont need ARR also anymore :noteeth:.no public

bgm impressive..we dont meed IR anymore

Troy, theme during Hector death ..ulta :lol2: pasanga sema fast..

NOV
25th November 2012, 05:14 PM
karthi, story is not so important as the screenplay. looks like a movie on exploitation - plenty of scope.
Bala is easily the best (meaning original) :thumbsup:

Hope GVP delivers a good album; this year has been quite barren. :sigh2:

Anban
25th November 2012, 05:20 PM
I am worried about the predictability of the screenplay .. :(

also, GVP :( .. he is the fakiest MD out there..

GVP is the AL Vijay of the music industry in TN ..

Anban
25th November 2012, 05:21 PM
no public

Troy, theme during Hector death ..ulta :lol2: pasanga sema fast.. Bala vera Hollywood movies paakka maattaaru.. GVP summaa pugunthu vilaiyaadiruppaan..

NOV
25th November 2012, 05:29 PM
I am pretty sure that Bala has better judgement and I am confident that GVP will deliver the goods. I can't see anyone else doing the music for the period film since Bala doesnt want ARR.

You should watch/hear with an open mind. But if you can't, might as well be honest about it.

as for all the nonsense about copied stuff, haters will always be haters... idhellaam paarththaa thozhil panna mudiyaadhu

ajaybaskar
25th November 2012, 05:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKnlOhRocoE

Mahen
25th November 2012, 05:36 PM
Troy MD gv thaane.. :lol2:...

Anban
25th November 2012, 05:48 PM
now dont know how many GVP is going to abuse in Twitter for pinpointing this one..

venkkiram
25th November 2012, 07:38 PM
Bala vera Hollywood movies paakka maattaaru.. GVP summaa pugunthu vilaiyaadiruppaan.. :rotfl:

Sunil_M88
25th November 2012, 07:41 PM
Mirugam

http://soundcloud.com/sevanthi-exclusive/mirugam-paradesi-gv-pragathi

venkkiram
25th November 2012, 07:47 PM
Mirugam

http://soundcloud.com/sevanthi-exclusive/mirugam-paradesi-gv-pragathi

:clap:

mappi
25th November 2012, 11:04 PM
Please do not mistake me with the following comment as I would be using many caste related words. My point is not to eloborate anything in relation to caste.

Going by Red Tea written by Paul Harris Daniel (published by Higginbothams, 1969), the film may potray the real suffering of tea plantation workers in southern India. It may be about Adi Dravidans from Erode and Palani. And ofcoarse they were considered (at that period) to be untochables (like in the Trailer the lead man is an announcer, making him a Parayar - one who delivers message).
The newcommers to the Tea plantation are mishandled and mistreated by the upper caste, who were also the side kicks to the English. Here is where the Hero and his family suffer.
The story may revolve around characters like Karupan, Appavoo, Johnson, Chetiyar, Kodangi, mayandi, velayan, etc.,
Possible Locations : Pollachi, Tinevelly (thats how it was called then), South Tranvancore, Valparrai, etc.,
It was the period where Malaria was mortal (the lady falling down could be related to this)
Now the interesting thing would be the treatment of Bala with the various issues - salvery, untouchables, Upper caste domination, poor medical facility, English rule, drought, etc.,
And ofcoarse, jungle would be an important location in the movie.

I may be wrong !

Nasc
26th November 2012, 03:52 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV4oEP4QUY8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

please dont bring down the discussion just to the music. agreed it is an important entity but the discussion here is completely tilting on that aspect alone.

camera work is amazing..bringing the morbid state of affairs back then clear as crystal,the premise isnt new but the narration is bound to be with bala behind the mantle
this is a bala film guys period. bgm/songs for sure arent going to be an usp like in a naan kadavul or pithamagan - we just have to get used to it in coming days

Sunil_M88
26th November 2012, 05:45 AM
My order of preference

Avatha Paiyan - Not only is this the best song of the album, it might possibly be GVPs best composition till date. A typical GVP number which doesn't evoke any other composers touch. This "Yasin" guy sounds like GVP in certain places.

Senneer Thaana - Couldn't come out this song for a while and I wonder how Ilaiyaraaja fans will react to this number?

Or mirugam - It is classically very rich, however I think Hariharan would have been a better choice.

Thannai Thaane - Another typical GVP folk number which is so sweet, that you feel the song is too short and you want more.

Sengaade - Minus the orchestration, this song has nothing new to offer. The beat is slower version of what YSR has recently been churning out i.e. Idhayam and Yavum Poithana but it still has a repeat value thanks to the might impressive orchestration.

Overall 4.5/5 :clap:

NOV
26th November 2012, 06:52 AM
Music is NEVER the USP for Bala's films... let it be Naan Kadavul, Nandha or Paradesi - its fans who make a big deal of them.
Having said that, the best song so far for a Bala film, is Yuvan's Mun paniyaa... :bow:

NOV
26th November 2012, 06:53 AM
http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/291711_335834433190742_1711110071_n.jpg

Sunil_M88
26th November 2012, 06:58 AM
I've uploaded all songs on youtube

Click on link to visit playlist http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQnf1EsWCnZqnTTOyNLVhT56s2rZ6mPbK&feature=edit_ok

Sunil_M88
26th November 2012, 07:01 AM
Avatha Paiyan

I don't fee like coming out of this song! :musicsmile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO6b8fXCUps

NOV
26th November 2012, 07:04 AM
Thanks Sunil... will have to go back home to listen. :)

directhit
26th November 2012, 08:09 AM
apapdiyum oru ulagam irukku.. angeyum makkaL irukkangannu ellorum therinjukattume.. :thumbsup:

balaajee
26th November 2012, 10:32 AM
Bala's Vedika

rsubras
26th November 2012, 10:56 AM
Music is NEVER the USP for Bala's films... let it be Naan Kadavul, Nandha or Paradesi - its fans who make a big deal of them.
Having said that, the best song so far for a Bala film, is Yuvan's Mun paniyaa... :bow:

may be thatz your opinion NOV, but I believe, BGMs provided the intended impact for Pithamagan, Sethu or a Naan Kadavul and Songs in a way complimented them.. Bala also includes one or two popular songs then and there to provide some respite for the audience from the hard hitting themes. (like a maalai en vethanai kootuthadi and kaana karunguyile from Sethu, munpaniya from Nandha, the assorted song and Ilangkaathu veesuthe in Pithamagan).. that you are able to say that Music is not the USP is in a way a success for both the film maker and the composer........ antha alavukku I feel the music, main film oda pinni pinainjirukku :)

Nasc
26th November 2012, 11:11 AM

agreed mun paniya defn. is one of the best songs or arguably the best bala's song. now there is always the possibility of something like that to happen any time a master craftsman is at work( i mean bala)
but sila vishayathuku vayasum anubavamum mukiyam.....scoring music for bala's movies is as such..either hv ur experience/exposure take control or just deliver by improvising on what the director asks / dictates - so u cant go wrong on working with directors such as him.

Nasc
26th November 2012, 11:13 AM
may be thatz your opinion NOV, but I believe, BGMs provided the intended impact for Pithamagan, Sethu or a Naan Kadavul and Songs in a way complimented them.. Bala also includes one or two popular songs then and there to provide some respite for the audience from the hard hitting themes. (like a maalai en vethanai kootuthadi and kaana karunguyile from Sethu, munpaniya from Nandha, the assorted song and Ilangkaathu veesuthe in Pithamagan).. that you are able to say that Music is not the USP is in a way a success for both the film maker and the composer........ antha alavukku I feel the music, main film oda pinni pinainjirukku :)
exactly - the same old concept of the bgm is at its best when u dont see it stand out or being extrodinary or great

rsubras
26th November 2012, 11:25 AM
may be next Bala film ku HJ ah music poda sonna, the role played by music in Bala's previous films pathi namma ellorukkum puriyum nu ninaikaren...... :)

NOV
26th November 2012, 01:11 PM
may be thatz your opinion NOV, everything is dear Subra, including your post :lol:

may be next Bala film ku HJ ah music poda sonna, I guess that will not happen. He has gone on record to say ARR is not for him, why would he take a replica?
Which brings me precisely to my next point.

exactly - the same old concept of the bgm is at its best when u dont see it stand out or being extrodinary or great
Agreed. Quite evidently Bala thinks GV Prakash can do justice to his film. Who are we to argue with him? :lol2:

Siv.S
26th November 2012, 02:49 PM
அவன் இவன்' படத்திற்கு பிறகு பாலா இயக்கத்தில் வெளிவர இருக்கும் படம் 'பரதேசி'. அதர்வா, தன்ஷிகா, வேதிகா மற்றும் பலர் நடித்து இருக்கும் 'பரதேசி' படத்தின் இசை வெளியீட்டு விழா சென்னையில் நவம்பர் 25ம் தேதி நடைபெற்றது. பாலு மகேந்திரா இசையை வெளியிட சூர்யா, விக்ரம் இருவரும் இணைந்து பெற்றுக் கொண்டார்கள்.

சுதந்திரத்திற்கு முன்னர் ஆங்கிலேயர் காலத்தில் தேயிலை தொழிலாளர்களின் வாழ்வியல் பிரச்னைகளை மையப்படுத்தி 1940-களில் நடக்கும் கதை இது.

இசை வெளியீட்டு விழாவைத் தொடர்ந்து, படக்குழுவினரின் பத்திரிகையாளர் சந்திப்பு நடைபெற்றது. அதர்வா, வேதிகா என படத்தில் பணியாற்றிய பிரபலங்கள் பேசியவுடன் பாலாவை பேச அழைத்தார்கள்.

பாலா சந்தோஷ மூடில் இருந்தார் போலும். அவரது பேச்சில் அவ்வளவு சுவாரஸ்யம். பேச ஆரம்பிக்கும் போதே " உங்கள் எல்லாருக்கும் தெரியும், எனக்கு கோர்வையா பேசத் தெரியாது. நீங்க கேள்வி கேளுங்க நான் பதில் சொல்றேன் " என்றார். அதற்கு பிறகு நடைபெற்ற கேள்வி - பதில் அப்படியே...

"அது என்ன சென்டிமென்ட் பார்க்காம அபசகுனமா 'பரதேசி'ன்னு வைச்சுருக்கீங்க…"

பாலா: நான் தான் சென்டிமென்ட்லாம் பார்க்க மாட்டேன்னு தெரியும்ல... பிழைப்பிற்காக ஊர் விட்டு ஊர் போறவங்களைப் பத்தின படம்.. அதான் 'பரதேசி'ன்னு பேர் வெச்சேன்..

"உங்கள் படத்தில் நடித்த நடிகர்களிலேயே சிறந்த நடிகர் விக்ரமா, சூர்யாவா, ஆர்யாவா அல்லது அதர்வாவா..?"

பாலா: ஏன் விஷால விட்டுட்டீங்க..? நீங்க என்ன வேணுமானாலும் போட்டுங்கங்க.. ஆனா இவங்க எல்லாத்தையும் விட நான் தான் நல்ல நடிகன். ரொம்ப நல்லவன் மாதிரியே நடிக்கிறேன்ல.

"உங்கள் படத்தில் நடித்த நாயகர்கள் பெரிய ஆளாக ஆகிவிடுகிறார்கள். ஆனால் நாயகிகள் வெற்றிபெறுவதில்லையே..!"

பாலா: ம்ம்ம்ம்ம்.. என்ன சொல்றது.. சங்கீதா பிரமாதமா வந்திருக்காளே... அவள சும்மா சொல்லக் கூடாது.. 'பிதாமகன்' படத்துக்கு பிறகும் பிரமாதமா பண்ணிட்டாளே.. லைலா நீங்களே பட்டைய கட்டி விட்டூட்டீங்க.. எனக்கு அவளுக்கும் லவ்வுனு.. நிச்சயமா இவங்க ரெண்டு பேரும் (வேதிகா, தன்ஷிகா) BRIGHTஆ வருவதற்கு 100% வாய்ப்பு இருக்கும்.

"இந்தப் படத்தில் யாருக்கு விருது கிடைக்கும்..?"

பாலா: என்கிட்ட கேட்டா நான் எல்லாருக்கும் கிடைக்கணும் தான் சொல்லுவேன்.. என் படம் இல்லயா இது.. ஆசைப்படலாம் ஆனால் என்ன நடக்குனு பார்ப்போம்..

"நாவல்களையே தொடர்ந்து படமாக்குவது ஏன்…?"

பாலா: இது முழுக்க முழுக்க உண்மைக் கதைன்னு சொல்ல முடியாது. அதில் கொஞ்சம் என் கற்பனையும் கலந்து இருக்கிறேன். நாவல்களை படமாக்குவது கொஞ்சம் ஈசியாக இருக்கு. புதுசுபுதுசா யோசிக்கிறத விட, ஏதோ படிச்சதல இருந்து எடுக்குறதுங்கிறது ஈசியா இருக்கு.

"பரதேசி பாத்திரத்திற்கு அதர்வாவை ஏன் தேர்ந்தெடுத்தீர்கள்..?"

பாலா: ஏன் அவன பாத்தா ஹீரோ மாதிரி தெரியலயா.. எனக்கு அது தேவைப்பட்டது. ரெண்டாவது எனக்கு அது கடமையும் கூட..

"பாலா அப்பா ஆன பிறகு ஏதேனும் மாற்றம்..?"

பாலா: முன்னாடி TOO MUCH VIOLENCE இருந்தது. இப்போ ரொம்ப SOFT ஆயிட்டேன்.

"இளையராஜாவை விட்டுவிட்டு ஜீவியை தேர்ந்தெடுக்க என்ன காரணம்.."

பாலா: ம்ம்ம்... அதானே... எதிர்பார்த்தேன். என்னன்னா ஒரு பெரிய COMPLAINT இருக்கு.. விக்ரம வைச்சு பண்றீங்க.. அப்புறம் சூர்யாவ வைச்சு பண்றீங்க.. அப்புறம் விக்ரம் - சூர்யாவை வைச்சு பண்றீங்க.. அப்புறம் ஆர்யா வைச்சு.. அப்புறம் ஆர்யா- விஷாலை வைச்சு.. இப்படினு ஒரு COMPLAINT.. ஏதாவது ஒரு புது டீம் கூட WORK பண்ணுங்களேன்னு உங்கள மாதிரி ஆட்கள் எழுதுனதுனாலதான் நான் இந்த ஒரு முயற்சி எடுக்குறேன்.. இதையே கேள்வியா கேட்டா இது தான் பதில்..

" கலரா இருக்கும் நடிகைகளை எல்லாம் கருப்பாக மேக்கப் போட்டு அழுக்காக்கி காட்டுறதுக்கு... கருப்பாக இருக்குற நடிகைகளை நடிக்க வைக்கலாமே.."

பாலா : சிகப்பா இருக்காங்கனு சொல்லுங்க.. அழகா இருக்காங்கனு சொல்றது எல்லாம்... அது என்னன்னா, கருப்பா இருக்குற பொண்ணுங்களையும் நடிக்க வைச்சுருக்கேன்.. ருத்திவகா அப்படின்னு ஒரு பொண்ண அறிமுகப்படுத்தி இருக்கேன்.. எனக்கு இந்த BOMBAY ARTIST, SOUTH INDIAN ARTIST அப்படி எல்லாம் நம்பிக்கை கிடையாது. எல்லாரும் INDIANS அவ்வளவு தான்.

"நீங்க ஏன் ஹீரோவாக நடிக்க மாட்டுங்கிறீங்க..?"

பாலா : இந்த கேள்விய கேக்குற அப்ப உங்களுக்கு சிரிப்பு வரல..

"அதர்வா கெட்டப்பல நீங்க நடிக்கலாமே அதான் கேட்டேன்.."

பாலா : அந்த கொடுமை எல்லாம் நான் அனுபவிக்க தயாரா இல்ல..

"இசை எப்படி இருக்கிறது…? எப்படி இசையை வாங்கினீர்கள்..?"

பாலா: நானும் அதிகமா பேசமாட்டேன்.. அவனும் பேச மாட்டேங்கறான்.. எனக்கு SONG வேணும்னா SITUATIONஆ சொல்லி புரியவைச்சு வாங்கணும். சொல்றதுக்கு எனக்கு வராது. அதனால நான் என்ன பண்ணினேன்.. ஷுட் பண்ணிட்டேன். அதற்கு பிறகு PICTUREஆ பாருங்க.. அதுக்கப்புறம் பாட்டு கொடுங்கனு சொன்னேன். அதனாலதானோ என்னவோ பாட்டு நல்லா வந்திருக்கு..

"பெரிய ஹீரோக்கள் எல்லாம் உங்கள் படத்தில் நடிக்க ஆசைப்படுறாங்க.. ஆனா பயப்படுறாங்க.. ஏன்?"

பாலா : வேற என்ன.. இந்த மாதிரி முடியகிடிய வெட்டிடுவான்னு தான்..

"உங்களது 'அவன் இவன்' படத்திற்கு பல்வேறு விமர்சனங்கள் எழுந்ததே.."

பாலா: ஆமா… விமர்சனங்களை ஏத்துக்கறேன்.. அதே சமயம், பொருளாதார ரீதியா எல்லாரையும் திருப்திப்படுத்தின படம் அது.. மத்த படங்கள் எல்லாம் திருப்தி படுத்தலயான்னு கேப்பீங்க.. மத்த படங்கள் திருப்திபடுத்துச்சு.. இது கொஞ்சம் அதிகம்.

" வைரமுத்துவிடம் பணியாற்றிய அனுபவம்..? "

பாலா: சரி இது தான் கடைசி Questionஆ வைச்சுக்கிட்டு ஒரு சுவாரசியமான விஷயத்தை மட்டும் சொல்லிடறேன்.. அது கொஞ்சம் நீங்க சிரிக்கறத்துகாக தான்.. வேறு யாரையும் HURT பண்றதுக்காக எல்லாம் அல்ல.. அவருக்கும் (வைரமுத்து) பாடல்கள் எடுத்து போட்டு காண்பிச்சேன்.. பாடல் வரிகள் இப்படி வேணும்னு கேட்டேன்.. மூணு நாள்ல எழுதிட்டாரு.. எழுதிட்டு கூப்பிட்டு அனுப்பிச்சாரு.. போயிருந்தேன்.. படிக்கக்கூட இல்ல.. File-அ கொடுக்குறத்துக்கு முன்னாடியே File-அ தூக்கிப் போட்டு " இதை என்னோட ரத்தத்துல எழுதிருக்கேன்.. எதுவும் மாத்துக்கூடாது" அப்படின்னாரு.. நான் நினைச்சேன்... ஏன் பேனால மை ஏதாவது தீர்ந்து போச்சா.. ஏன் ரத்தத்துல எழுதணும் அப்படினு.. உள்ளுக்குள்ள ஒரு நகைச்சுவை இருக்கும் இல்லயா.. என்னோட SOUTH SIDE கொஞ்சம் நக்கல் பிடிச்ச ஆளுங்க.. மனசுக்குள்ள நக்கல் பண்ணிக்கிட்டே படிச்சு பாத்தேன்.. உண்மையில ரத்தத்துல எழுதி இருந்தார். அது எல்லாம் அவ்ளோ பிரமாதமான வரிகள்... பாட்டை எல்லாம் கேட்டுப் பாத்துட்டு நீங்க உங்க விமர்சனத்த முன்வைங்க

http://cinema.vikatan.com/articles/news/27/266

NOV
26th November 2012, 04:49 PM
Bala's interviews are always fun to read. :)

When is the movie releasing?

faithiu11
26th November 2012, 04:53 PM
Bala's interviews are always fun to read. :)

When is the movie releasing?As of now dec21

NOV
26th November 2012, 04:58 PM
Thanks Praboo.
Just listening to the songs... quite impressive :)

Mahen
26th November 2012, 05:04 PM
Woah avtha paiyya :bow: GVP :bow:

mappi
26th November 2012, 06:06 PM
Avatha Paiyan

Good Song, but wonder how it will fit to the tone and the mood of the film.
For me, it seems incoherent.

Listening to the rest of the songs, will let you know once have listened enough

NOV
26th November 2012, 06:19 PM
Gangai Amaran song is too depressing... anyway I dont like his voice :roll:

venkkiram
26th November 2012, 07:31 PM
Cinemotography is simply a top notching performance. Hope Bala's paradesi will travel around world for various film festivals.

joe
26th November 2012, 10:50 PM
As usual I won't miss Bala movie in theatre ..good or bad ..kadamai maathiri :)

NOV
27th November 2012, 08:37 AM
There is no bad... maybe A-I was not as good as his previous movies, thats all

He is his own benchmark :p

A.ANAND
27th November 2012, 02:21 PM
trailer very very impressived..anegama bala iyyakiya padangalil irunthu, intha padam maarupatthaga irukkum pola thonuthu!

nichayam oscar-rukku nomanation pannalam..seriusly!Cinemotography amarkalam.superb editing to!kudos to bala!

mappi
27th November 2012, 03:35 PM
A novel by Chris Kuzneski "Plantation" speaks about horrors of plantation (salve) workers. A tit-bit episode explains how the word "Hearing Post" came into place - When a slave misbehaves, he is punished by attaching him to a post (by nailing his ears to the post), just before his "cabin", so that he and his family could see each other. The cold weather and pain makes him pull off, thus leaving his ear still attached to the post. Thus comes the name Hearing Post (as a ear is attached to the post). Similar "posts" were found all over the Plantation / opposite to each cabin with ears still hanging - just to avert the salves whats in store for them if they misbehave.

Wonder what horrors Bala is going to unleash in Paradesi. And hope the Censor board does not mess up with the visuals. Aleast allow Uncut Director version for the screening in Cannes.

[Cannes - No official annoucement has been made yet. I am confident Paradesi will find a place, maybe not in the selection, but for the celebration of 100 years of Indian Cinema. 2013, Cannes celebrates 100 Years of Indian Cinema. As of this date the list of movie to be screened is not yet announced. For Info : Cannes Film Festival takes place from May 15th to 26th every year. It enters its 66th year in 2013.]

(Greedy : It would be awesome if they pay homage to Bala and screen ALL his films)

mappi
27th November 2012, 03:43 PM
An Amusing Press Meet. Point to be noted :
After watching the movie, drinking tea will not be the same experience - Bala.

mappi
27th November 2012, 04:09 PM
Paradesi Music Box

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-am-dcQaDIk

mappi
27th November 2012, 04:46 PM
Thanai Thane : The hallelujah bit + "Mariyatha" beats for "Yesu" lyrics + amen amen => sinks in quite well.
Though the opening sounds like "Nattu Saraku", the 2nd half tempo reminds Pithamagan's Parody song.

Altogether a well sung song with catchy beats & a good concept.

NOV
27th November 2012, 06:23 PM
I can see that you are very excited :)
Very deservingly so :bow:

mappi
28th November 2012, 03:47 PM
Yes Nov. Also an intention to pull people inside and have a healthy discussion. By that I can learn from others view and ofcoarse share / correct mine. Bala's movie always gets best and worst criticisme. And I am all ears !

mappi
28th November 2012, 03:54 PM
Oru Mirugam
The song bounces on you with some very hard hitting lyrics and suceeds a bit to sink inside.
A duet of agony is well delivered by the singers. choice of instrument deserves a spl mention.
but at times the instrumental sounds like a distant cousin to "oru 1000 yanai" song

NOV
28th November 2012, 05:18 PM
for me, my favouritest bala movie has to be naan kadavul... I wish I can get the director's cut :(

mappi
28th November 2012, 06:23 PM
My favorite would be Pitha Magan. Why not Naan Kadavul : as the movie advances, I found the episodes of poverty a bit repetitive + chewing gummish.

balaajee
29th November 2012, 12:52 PM
Anurag Kashyap,has signed music composer GV Prakash Kumar for Ugly(movie name).

mappi
14th December 2012, 07:05 PM
Any news on Release date ?

The shows in France for 21/12/2012 are cancelled with a note that the release is pushed to Pongal 2013.

Is it the same case for the release in Chennai or South India ?

gurusaravanan
21st December 2012, 10:01 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-tl3bX4GTY

stULana
21st December 2012, 10:19 PM
Naalu (4) National Award parcel ;-)

Funny comment, but very true.

balaajee
11th February 2013, 01:00 PM
Anurag Kashyap plans to release Tamil film in north India

Filmmaker Anurag Kashyap, who recently lauded Tamil period-drama " Paradesi", about affliction of tea plantation workers in southern India, after watching it at a private screening, now wants to promote the film in the northern region of the country.
Set in pre-independent India, "Paradesi", based on Paul Harris Daniel's English novel "Red Tea", has been directed by Bala Pazhanisaamy.
It was originally scheduled to release in December last year, but was later called off. Now, it is coming out Friday.
"Anurag Kashyap wants to release the film ('Paradesi') with English and Hindi subtitles in central and north India through his company Phantom Films Pvt Ltd," said a statement.
"Just saw Bala's 'Paradesi'. Absolutely blown by it. His best yet," Kashyap, who has himself directed successful films like "Dev D" and "Gangs of Wasseypur", tweeted recently.
The film stars Adharvaa Murali, Vedhika Kumar, Dhansika and Uma Riyaz Khan.
G.V. Prakash Kumar has composed the music for the film, which has cinematography by Chezhiyan.
Meanwhile, Kashyap is busy wrapping up his upcoming films "Ugly" and "Bombay Talkies".

balaajee
26th February 2013, 10:23 AM
Bala's Paradesi to hit screens on March 15!

Bala's much-awaited Paradesi will finally be hitting screens on March 15! The film features Atharva, Dhansika and Vedhika in the lead roles. The film is touted to take Atharva a notch higher in the industry.

The story of the film is based on real life incidents that took place before independence in the 1930s and is inspired from the novel Red Tea, written by Paul Harris Daniel. The movie trailer had got 1.8 lakh views in Youtube with in 24 hours it was released online.

Paradesi has come out clean from the censors with a 'U' certificate. Music has been composed by GV Prakash and lyrics penned by Vairamuthu, who is associating with Bala for the first time. Paradesi has been produced by Bala himself under B Studios.

hattori_hanzo
12th March 2013, 10:53 PM
The Teaser - Saw some tweets in which ppl expressed their shock after seeing the way Bala treats his actors.

karthik subbaraj ‏@karthiksubbaraj
Heard it's a film made about(?) Human slaves.But the making looks more scarier!!

Udhay ‏@Udhaystalin
I decided not 2 watch the reality muvi! I shud b building temples for @rajeshmdirector sir nd S.R.Prabhakaran sir!

Balaji Mohan ‏@directormbalaji
#Paradesi 'reality' teaser sets a bad example to young future filmmakers who consider Bala sir as an idol. This isnt the way to make films.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nWd2tpGgKM

hattori_hanzo
12th March 2013, 11:00 PM
Many more tweets against the teaser. And now this:-

http://tamiltalkies.net/cini-news/673-balas-paradesi-faces-problem

PARAMASHIVAN
12th March 2013, 11:03 PM
It is shocking indeed. I understand he wanted to get the "real" reaction for the scenes from his actors, but treating them like this is extremley bad!

nickraman
12th March 2013, 11:15 PM
Heard it's a film made about(?) Human slaves.But the making looks more scarier!!
Pppaaaaah!

Udhay ‏@Udhaystalin
I decided not 2 watch the reality muvi! I shud b building temples for @rajeshmdirector sir nd S.R.Prabhakaran sir!
Mudhalla Nadippu nalla kathunga.

Bala sir, plz rope in powerstar. Better yet, make these gindikar people go through your method of acting..:D

HonestRaj
12th March 2013, 11:42 PM
I don't see Bala really does this.. at the end where it is shown like he beats the girl with a stick.. he actually hits the ground..
i think its all about marketing gimmick to release this kind of a teaser

VinodKumar's
13th March 2013, 01:10 AM
I don't see Bala really does this.. at the end where it is shown like he beats the girl with a stick.. he actually hits the ground..
i think its all about marketing gimmick to release this kind of a teaser

I do think so.

dell_gt
13th March 2013, 06:36 AM
this is scary

venkkiram
13th March 2013, 08:59 AM
i think its all about marketing gimmick to release this kind of a teaser Nope.. watch it until you see the girl's turban shaking because of the hit (0.40)

venkkiram
13th March 2013, 09:03 AM
வன்மத்தின் காதலன் பாலா.. எதையெல்லாம் எப்படிப் படமெடுக்கணும் என்ற இலக்கணம் தெரியா ஒரு இயக்குனர். நோயுற்ற தன்மைக்கு, மனித வதைக்கு வழக்கு தொடுக்கலாம்.

ajaybaskar
13th March 2013, 09:29 AM
I don't think Bala would've gone to this extent. It's a publicity gimmick. There are artificial canes used in shooting which hardly gives any pain.

dell_gt
13th March 2013, 10:09 AM
I don't think Bala would've gone to this extent. It's a publicity gimmick. There are artificial canes used in shooting which hardly gives any pain.

but how about the kicking scene

VinodKumar's
13th March 2013, 11:44 AM
There is no necessity for actors to get beaten like this and act in his movie ... ippdilam adicha adutha naal paathi peru thaan shooting ku varuvaanga. Twitter samuthayam as usual over reaction :lol:.

Was this teaser released by Bala and his team ? Oru vela avanga thappu panniruntha avangalae vidivaangala.

Cinemarasigan
13th March 2013, 12:55 PM
The Teaser - Saw some tweets in which ppl expressed their shock after seeing the way Bala treats his actors.

Udhay ‏@Udhaystalin

Balaji Mohan ‏@directormbalaji
#Paradesi 'reality' teaser sets a bad example to young future filmmakers who consider Bala sir as an idol. This isnt the way to make films.

பார்க்கவே பயமா இருக்கு. பாலா இந்த அளவுக்கு கொடுமையாக நடிகர்களை நடத்துகிறாரா? ஐயோ சாமி.. எப்படி நடிகர்கள் ஒத்துக்கொள்கிறார்கள் என்பது புரியவில்லை..

Cinemarasigan
13th March 2013, 01:01 PM
There is no necessity for actors to get beaten like this and act in his movie ... ippdilam adicha adutha naal paathi peru thaan shooting ku varuvaanga. Twitter samuthayam as usual over reaction :lol:.

Was this teaser released by Bala and his team ? Oru vela avanga thappu panniruntha avangalae vidivaangala.

it is released by Bala's team only. Even after these reactions from different people, there is no reaction from Bala & Co. They clearly mentioned as Reality teaser...

yoyisohuni
13th March 2013, 01:33 PM
The inside truth behind the Paradesi reality video
Mar 13, 2013

Ever since the ‘Reality in the making of Paradesi’ video was released online yesterday evening, the social media space has been buzzing with negative feedback about this video. It is truly disturbing to see director Bala brutally spanking and kicking the cast members just to get the right shot on camera. What was even more shocking was the sort of devilish laugh that Bala would put on his face towards the end of the video.

http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-cinema-news-10/the-inside-truth-behind-the-paradesi-reality-video-bala-paradesi-13-03-13.html

SoftSword
13th March 2013, 04:13 PM
i think he was demonstrating how he wants the scenes to be so that the actors do the same in the scenes.. also looks like its all dummy props and canes he is using... havent we seen enuf real kicking scenes in the movies since the 80s? did u guys think its all CG??

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
15th March 2013, 03:32 AM
http://www.tamilcinema.com/cinenews/hotnews/2013/mar/140313a.asp

பாலாவின் பரதேசி வீடியோ உலகம் முழுக்க வாழும் தமிழ்சினிமா ரசிகர்களை அதிர்ச்சியுற வைத்திருக்கிறது. இது குறித்த எதிரும் புதிருமான விமர்சனங்களும் கூடவே கிளம்ப, நினைத்ததை சாதித்துவிட்ட திருப்தியில் இருக்கிறார் பாலா. படம் ரிலீசாவதற்கு இரண்டு நாட்களுக்கு முன் இப்படியொரு ட்ரெய்லரை வெளியிட என்ன காரணம்?அதை பற்றி பிறகு பார்ப்போம். எதிரும் புதிருமான விமர்சனங்கள் என்றோமே, முதலில் எதிர் விமர்சனத்தை பார்க்கலாம். சினிமாவுலகை சேர்ந்த பலருமே இந்த 'மாட்டு அடி' வீடியோவை பார்த்துவிட்டு 'நாசமா போக' என்று சபித்துக் கொண்டிருக்கிறார்கள் பாலாவை. உலகம் முழுக்க ரசிகர்கள் மத்தியில் கிளம்பிய நெகட்டிவ் வைபிரேஷன்கள் பாலாவுக்கு என்ன மாதிரியான ரிசல்ட்டை கொடுக்கப் போகிறதோ? அது ஒருபுறம் இருக்கட்டும்.மனித உரிமை ஆர்வலரும் சமூக சிந்தனையாளருமான அ.மார்க்சை தொடர்பு கொண்டாராம் காமெடி நடிகர் மனோபாலா. 'சார்... எவ்வளவோ விஷயங்களுக்காக போராடுறீங்க. இப்படி மாட்டை அடிப்பது மாதிரி எங்களை போன்ற நடிகர்களை அடிச்சு நொறுக்குறாரு பாலா. என்னதான் நடிப்பு சொல்லிக் கொடுக்க நினைச்சாலும் அதுக்காக இப்படியா? இந்த விஷயத்தை மனித உரிமை கமிஷனுக்கு நீங்க எடுத்துச் செல்லலாமே' என்றாராம். நிஜத்தில் இதே மாதிரி அடியை 'பிதாமகன்' படத்திலும் வாங்கியிருக்கிறாராம் மனோபாலா.

ஆனால் ஆதரவான கருத்தை தெரிவித்திருக்கிறார் சிம்பு. சினிமாவில் ஆக்ஷன் காட்சிகளுக்குபயன்படுத்தப்படும் ஆபத்தில்லாத குச்சியைதான் பாலா பயன்படுத்தியிருக்கிறார். அதில் அடித்தால் யாருக்கும் வலிக்காது. சினிமாவில் இத்தனை ஆண்டு காலம் அனுபவம் உள்ள பலரும் கூட பாலாவை புரிந்து கொள்ளாமல் கரித்துக் கொட்டுவதுதான் ஆச்சர்யம் என்கிறார் சிம்பு.இந்த வீடியோவை இந்த நேரத்தில் வெளியிட்டு பரபரப்பை கிளப்ப என்ன காரணம்? படத்தை வாங்கியிருக்கும் நிறுவனம் பேரதிர்ச்சியை சந்தித்திருக்கிறதாம். பிதாமகன் படத்திற்கு பிறகு பாலா இயக்கிய எந்த படமும் ஓடவில்லை. இதை மனதில் வைத்துக் கொண்டு எந்த விநியோகஸ்தரும், தியேட்டர்காரர்களும் பரதேசி விஷயத்தில் ஆர்வம் காட்டவில்லையாம். முதல் மூன்று நாட்கள் கலெக்ஷனை நிரப்பினால் போதும் என்பதற்காக கூட இப்படியொரு யுக்தியை பாலா கையாண்டிருக்கலாம் என்கிறார்கள்.இந்த 'மாட்டு அடி' வீடியோவில் கடைசியாக ஒரு சிரிப்பு சிரிப்பார் பாலா. 'நினைச்சதை சாதிச்சிட்டேன். அட பைத்தியக்கார பயலுகளா' என்பது போலவே இருக்கிறதல்லவா அந்த சிரிப்பு?

Avadi to America
15th March 2013, 07:26 AM
nalaiku 6.45 show poidavenditathu thaan....

venkkiram
15th March 2013, 08:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=E6YgCLmd6pQ

:clap: Making.பாலாவிடம் ஒரு விஷயம் பிடிக்குது. ஆரம்பத்துல பட்டாசு விட்டு பிறகு விஷயம் இல்லாம நமத்துப் போன படங்களைத் தராமல் இட்டாலக்குடி ராசா போன்ற சிறுகதைகளைப் படித்து உள்வாங்கி பரதேசி எடுக்கிறார். அமீர் போன்ற ஆட்கள் பாலாவிடமிருந்து நிறைய கற்றுக்கொள்ளனும்.

பாடல், பின்னணி இசை சோடை போகவில்லை. நல்லா செய்திருக்காப்ல பிரகாஷ் தம்பி! :clap: கங்கை அமரனை பாட வைத்ததற்காகவே ஒரு கைகுலுக்கல்.

vidyasakaran
15th March 2013, 10:41 AM
பரதேசி - திரைவிமர்சனம்

பாலா எடுத்ததிலயே மிகச்சிறந்த படம் இதுதான். பாலாவிற்கு மற்றும் ஒரு மைல்கல், இந்த பரதேசி. பாலாவிற்கு மற்றுமொரு மணிமகுடம்.
தமிழ் சினிமாவில் மகேந்திரன் விட்டு போன இடத்தை பாலாவால் மட்டுமே நிரப்ப முடியும். தமிழ் சினிமாவின் மிகச்சிறந்த மூன்று படங்களில் இந்த படம் கண்டிப்பாக இடம் பிடிக்கும்.

http://dohatalkies.blogspot.in/2013/03/blog-post.html

uruzalari
15th March 2013, 02:32 PM
The movie is brilliant... Truly International....... Most of the story telling is visual in nature...

SoftSword
15th March 2013, 06:40 PM
excited to see the positive reviews...!!

Cinemarasigan
15th March 2013, 07:48 PM
excited to see the positive reviews...!!

mee too.. unga oorla release aagirukkaa?

SoftSword
15th March 2013, 08:11 PM
yes...
will be watching it in the coming week...

Chikatiloan
15th March 2013, 10:04 PM
yes...
will be watching it in the coming week...

பரதேசி படம் பார்த்துவிட்டேன் : Bala's Epic

“நியாயமாரே”!! பாலா அவர்களே இப்படி நெஞ்சை உருக்கும் வகையில் படத்தை எடுப்பது “நியாயமாரே” ..

What a movie!! For me Paradesi is bala's best movie till date and as usual a hard-hitting movie which will be in my mind for atleast 2 days..ho ho..what a climax and only bala can think of such climax? Few can predict the climax but even then the direction/acting in climax scene is heart breaking..

படம் இன்னும் கொஞ்ச நேரம் ஓடிருந்தால் மனம் தாங்கிருக்காது அரங்கை விட்டு வெளியே வந்திருப்பேன்..நல்ல வேலை படத்தை 2.10 மணி நேரத்தில் முடித்து விட்டான்...இதுக்கே உட்கார்ந்து படம் பாக்க முடியலை ஆனால் பாக்கணும்..அதான் பாலா..

பாலா படம் பாலா படம் தான்.

Arvind Srinivasan
15th March 2013, 10:28 PM
So many positive reviews...Gotta watch this for sure....

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
15th March 2013, 10:37 PM
Not even 4 reviews, leave alone positive or negative, where did u guyd read that so many?! post them pls!

Chikatiloan
15th March 2013, 10:47 PM
Not even 4 reviews, leave alone positive or negative, where did u guyd read that so many?! post them pls!

But sakala i watched the movie in malaysia..mixed feelings in theaters but for me its Bala's best movie so far..back to back good directorial movies i watched this year..First Vishwaroopam now paradesi..TFI will be in top of the world if the movies are director centric than hero centric

Arvind Srinivasan
15th March 2013, 11:54 PM
http://www.rediff.com/movies/review/south-review-paradesi-is-exceptional/20130315.htm

http://www.sify.com/movies/paradesi-review-tamil-15023190.html

http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies/paradesi/paradesi-review.html

SoftSword
16th March 2013, 12:30 AM
three guys posted reviews so far and all of them positive... what else one needs sakala?

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
16th March 2013, 12:37 AM
இல்லீங் பொதுவா ரெவ்யூ போடுற ரீடிஃப் சிஃபி போன்றவை எதுவும் இன்னும் வரலையே, அதான் சுட்டி போடுங்கன்னேன்!

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
16th March 2013, 01:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4eoYvTUCBs

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
16th March 2013, 01:43 AM
Has spoilers but must read

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/lajp5a

venkkiram
16th March 2013, 02:19 AM
படத்தை பார்த்துவிட்டு வெளியே வந்தால் நம்மால் டீ சாப்பிடவே தோன்றாது என்றெல்லாம் சொல்லியிருந்தார்கள். எனக்கென்னவோ அப்படியெல்லாம் தோன்றவில்லை. இன்று மட்டும் மூன்று டீ குடித்துவிட்டேன்.

- கேபிள் சங்கர்

:rotfl:

Avadi to America
16th March 2013, 02:26 AM
Has spoilers but must read

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/lajp5a

enna sakala over time work pandra mathiri theriyuthu....

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
16th March 2013, 02:29 AM
Me the post only 4 ya! I like his writing style thatswhy posted that twitlonger. Had asked to write abt Roopam too! (still knowing he will write mostly -ves only!) will post once he writes

svaisn
16th March 2013, 02:49 AM
இல்லீங் பொதுவா ரெவ்யூ போடுற ரீடிஃப் சிஃபி போன்றவை எதுவும் இன்னும் வரலையே, அதான் சுட்டி போடுங்கன்னேன்!

Rediff.com » Movies » Review: Paradesi is exceptional
Review: Paradesi is exceptional
4 Stars...

Behindwoods..
Verdict: A hard hitting realistic tale well told!

Ellarume nalla erviews than...
Planning to watch tonight..

Avadi to America
16th March 2013, 07:11 AM
Padam parthachu kadamai mudinjiduchu......ennaku Padam pudichi iruku...

venkkiram
16th March 2013, 07:59 AM
Inside theater. Intermission. So far Kodumai. Seriously. Artificial. There is a small episode that brings the ittalakudi raasa short story. I could not receive not even 10% of story in screen. There is no uniformity in dialogue delivery. Waiting for more shocks from Bala. Music. Withdraw all my praises on GVP. Thambi romba unarchivasappattu score panniyirukkaaar. Now I really want to watch this film by muting. First off ended. Still no character establishment illai from main characters. Suththam.

venkkiram
16th March 2013, 08:57 AM
Nalla padamnu reviews solli vanthuttene! Ippa naan enna seyya! Ippa naan enna seyya!!

thamiz
16th March 2013, 09:14 AM
Nalla padamnu reviews solli vanthuttene! Ippa naan enna seyya! Ippa naan enna seyya!!

என்ன பிரச்சினைனு தெரியலை உமக்கு!
வீம்புக்குனு இந்தப் படத்தை மட்டம் தட்டிக்கிட்டு திரிகிறீர்- நீரும், சகலாவும்!

என்ன செய்யனா..

இந்த திரிப் பக்கம் வராமல் எங்கேயாவது சுருண்டு படுத்துக்கோங்க! நீங்க நல்லாயிருப்பீங்க!

thamiz
16th March 2013, 09:16 AM
http://www.rediff.com/movies/review/south-review-paradesi-is-exceptional/20130315.htm

http://www.sify.com/movies/paradesi-review-tamil-15023190.html

http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies/paradesi/paradesi-review.html

Not only these people, எல்லோரும் இந்தப் படத்தை ரொம்ப நல்லாயிருக்குனு சொல்றாங்க!!!

Bala seems to have WON already!!!

venkkiram
16th March 2013, 09:17 AM
The moment "A film by Bala" came, When I was ready to run, was hearing few claps! I literally said to crowd 'paarRa' !

venkkiram
16th March 2013, 10:00 AM
வழக்கம் போல துணைப்பாத்திரங்கள் மட்டுமே மனதில் நிற்கிறது. ராசாவின் பாட்டியாக வரும் பெண்மணி, தன்ஷிகா மட்டுமே ஆறுதல்..

இசை நாராசம்! விருது கிடைத்தாலும் ஆச்சர்யப்படுவதற்கில்லை. மூச்சு விடாமல் கருவிகளும் குரல்களும் சதா சத்தம் போட்டவண்ணம் இருக்கிறது.

Cinefan
16th March 2013, 11:36 AM
It's been more than a decade since I saw a Bala film-Nandha in 2001 and PM in 2003.

Personally I felt a lack of connect with the characters in both the films.Surya's mom's character in Nandha was irritating and the feeling in the climax was exactly how I felt for Mythili En kaadhali,was willing the lead character to die so that the film ends.

As for PM,Vikram did not deserve a NA,very artificial acting.There have been other howlers like NA for Anil Kapoor for Pukar and Saif for Hum Tum and so this award has lost it's value but still.

Same lack of connect with this film's characters too-Vikram,Surya,Sangitha,Laila(where is she now?).

Between PM and PD,he has made only NK and AI,right? have seen bits of both on TV,whatever I watched did not tempt me to see it in full.

Have written this before too,strictly IMO,Bala's guru Balu Mahendra made films where the audience invested in the happenings on screen,with Bala,there is always an aloofness.

Connect-e illama eppadi rasikka mudiyum?

All the glowing reviews are tempting me to watch this,but bayama irukku,I watch very very less movies on the big screen,don't want to get irritated watching something.

Chikatiloan
16th March 2013, 12:03 PM
It's been more than a decade since I saw a Bala film-Nandha in 2001 and PM in 2003.

Personally I felt a lack of connect with the characters in both the films.Surya's mom's character in Nandha was irritating and the feeling in the climax was exactly how I felt for Mythili En kaadhali,was willing the lead character to die so that the film ends.

As for PM,Vikram did not deserve a NA,very artificial acting.There have been other howlers like NA for Anil Kapoor for Pukar and Saif for Hum Tum and so this award has lost it's value but still.

Same lack of connect with this film's characters too-Vikram,Surya,Sangitha,Laila(where is she now?).

Between PM and PD,he has made only NK and AI,right? have seen bits of both on TV,whatever I watched did not tempt me to see it in full.

Have written this before too,strictly IMO,Bala's guru Balu Mahendra made films where the audience invested in the happenings on screen,with Bala,there is always an aloofness.

Connect-e illama eppadi rasikka mudiyum?

All the glowing reviews are tempting me to watch this,but bayama irukku,I watch very very less movies on the big screen,don't want to get irritated watching something.
Dont know why so many negative reviews about Bala & his movies..apart from Avan Ivan all other movies are good and maintaining his standard..take last few movies of good directors - maniratnam's raavan,kadal,ameer's AB,myskin's mugamoodi,the list goes on and all fall flat..but paradesi is an usual Bala's hard-hitting movie..the comment about pithamagan,naan kadavul and nandha were too much for the taking and bala is known for realistic, dark and disturbing depictions of the working class on celluloid screen which he has achieved quite easily in all of the movies except Avan Ivan..if you want to know the connectivity between Vikram-sangeetha-surya-laila then plz watch the movie again..nothing is artificial there..Vikram-Surya connected after few jail incidents..surya-laila connected as usual with many love pairs "first oodal then kaaadhal"..vikram-sangeetha connected because both of them are Anaathai and no-one to look after them so they made their choice,,even then sangeetha beats vikram in climax portion for not being affectionate..
Bala is a unique director who has his own limitations and doing extremely well within his limitations but let not pull him down becoz of that limitations..afterall every human being has limitations..

VinodKumar's
16th March 2013, 12:05 PM
Watched it yesterday. Padam paathu mudichitu veetuku vantha piragu athu oru padam maari nyabagam illai. appdiyae athu koodavae namalum poitu vantha maari irunthuchu. Except Vedhika ellorum nalla pannirukaanga...Orae oru paatula la mattum IR irunthuruntha nallarunthurukumnu thonuchu mathapadi GVP nalla pannirunthaapla... did not feel bore anywhere ... orae oru edathula Bala trolled a community vazhakku yethu poduvaangalanu therla ....

Bala avaroda home ground la gummunu velandutaar :thumbsup:

VinodKumar's
16th March 2013, 12:06 PM
இசை நாராசம்! விருது கிடைத்தாலும் ஆச்சர்யப்படுவதற்கில்லை. மூச்சு விடாமல் கருவிகளும் குரல்களும் சதா சத்தம் போட்டவண்ணம் இருக்கிறது.

bayam :rotfl:.

Anban
16th March 2013, 02:04 PM
yes yes.. GVP-kkaaga mattum thaan padam paakka poga viruppam illai..

Cinefan
16th March 2013, 03:35 PM
USV,
you have not understood my comment.I said in PM also,I could not make an emotional connect with the lead characters.

Let the discussions about this movie go on,all the +ve reviews are actually tempting me to give this a try.

Anban
16th March 2013, 03:46 PM
first half ange inge comedy vatchaangannaa mattum naan tensan aayiduven saami ..

sharav
16th March 2013, 09:00 PM
வழக்கம் போல துணைப்பாத்திரங்கள் மட்டுமே மனதில் நிற்கிறது. ராசாவின் பாட்டியாக வரும் பெண்மணி, தன்ஷிகா மட்டுமே ஆறுதல்..

completely agree with you

venkkiram
16th March 2013, 09:12 PM
ஒரு விஷயத்தை எப்படி திரையில் காண்பிக்கணும் என்ற திரைக்கலையே பாலாவுக்கு முற்றிலுமாக வற்றிப்போய் விட்டதா எனத் தோணுது பல நேரங்களில் இப்படத்தில். ராஜாவுடன் பல படங்களில் இணைந்தபிறகும் பின்னணி இசையை எப்படி பயன்படுத்தணும் என்ற அடிப்படை கூட தெரியவில்லை. ஆங்கிலேயர் தங்கியிருக்கும் ஒரு வீட்டிற்கு முன்னால் கார் ஒன்று வந்து நிற்பதாக ஒரு காட்சி இரண்டாம் பாகத்தில். ரொம்ப முக்கியமேயில்லாத இந்தக் காட்சி எனக்கு ஏன் ஞாபகத்தில் இருக்கிறது என்றால் அந்த சில கணங்கள் மட்டும் இசையற்று மௌனமாக.

venkkiram
16th March 2013, 10:02 PM
இந்த பாலச்சந்தர் தனம், பாலுமகேந்திரா தனம், பாரதிராஜா தனம், விசுத் தனம், பாக்யராஜ் தனம், மணிரத்னத் தனம், சேரன் தனம், மிஷ்கின் தனம் இப்படி பல தனங்களைக் கூட ரசித்து/சகித்து மீண்டு வந்துவிடலாம் போல..ஆனால் இந்தப் பாலாத் தனம் சினிமாவிற்கு ஆரோக்யமற்ற, அலர்ஜியான ஒன்று என நினைக்கிறென்.

venkkiram
16th March 2013, 10:07 PM
இந்த திரிப் பக்கம் வராமல் எங்கேயாவது சுருண்டு படுத்துக்கோங்க! நீங்க நல்லாயிருப்பீங்க! நன்றி உங்களின் பொன்னான அறிவுரைகளுக்கு.

venkkiram
16th March 2013, 10:10 PM

completely agree with you

ஒருவரைக் குறிப்பிட மறந்துவிட்டேன்.. விக்ரமாதித்யன். படம் முழுவதும் வியாபித்திருந்தால் சிறப்பாக பேசப்பட்டிருக்கும். பாவம்.. நிகழ மறுத்த அற்புதம்.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
16th March 2013, 10:19 PM
அப்படி பெருசா டேமேஜிங்கா நான் என்னப்பா சொல்லிட்டேன், செஞ்சிட்டேன்?! எதுக்குப்பா என்னை ரவுண்டு கட்றீங்க?!? பிரிலையே....

VinodKumar's
16th March 2013, 11:14 PM
Venki neenga kaamikira verupu power star nadicha aanadha thollai-ku kooda evanum kaamichiruka maataan .. to be frank ivalo naal ungala therinjavangara murai la solluraen over animated/artificial ah irruku :(.

venkkiram
16th March 2013, 11:31 PM
Venki neenga kaamikira verupu power star nadicha aanadha thollai-ku kooda evanum kaamichiruka maataan .. to be frank ivalo naal ungala therinjavangara murai la solluraen over animated/artificial ah irruku :(. நன்றி வினோத்! இது என் கருத்துக்களைப் பதிவிடுவதற்கு முன்பாகவே எதிர்பார்த்த விஷயம்தான். இது எதோ ராஜாவுடன் பாலா சேர்ந்து பணியாற்றவில்லை என்ற ஆதங்கத்தில் சொல்லவில்லை. ஒரு சராசரி இயக்குனரிடமிருந்து நான் எதிர்பார்ப்பதுதான்.

ஒரு பெரிய லாங் ஷாட்டில் நூறு இருநூறு ஆட்களை நடக்கவிட்டு பதிவு செய்தாலே ஆஹா-கேமரா உலகத்தரத்தில் இருக்கிறது என்ற க்ளிஷேக்கள் நிறைந்து வருகிற காலம் இது.

தியேட்டருக்கு போகையில் டி.ராஜேந்தர் இசையமைத்தப் 80's பாடல்கள் கேட்டுக்கொண்டே போனேன்... ஒரு சீராக இல்லாமல் அவர் மனம்போன போக்கில் பின்னணி இசையமைத்து பாடலின் அமைப்பையே முடிந்தவரை சிதைத்திருக்கிறார் என்ற உண்மைகளை அசை போட்டுக்கொண்டே. படம் முடிந்து திரும்புகையில் டி.ராஜேந்தர் இருந்த இடத்தில் பாலா.

Chikatiloan
16th March 2013, 11:36 PM
இந்த பாலச்சந்தர் தனம், பாலுமகேந்திரா தனம், பாரதிராஜா தனம், விசுத் தனம், பாக்யராஜ் தனம், மணிரத்னத் தனம், சேரன் தனம், மிஷ்கின் தனம் இப்படி பல தனங்களைக் கூட ரசித்து/சகித்து மீண்டு வந்துவிடலாம் போல..ஆனால் இந்தப் பாலாத் தனம் சினிமாவிற்கு ஆரோக்யமற்ற, அலர்ஜியான ஒன்று என நினைக்கிறென்.

For you its alergy but for many its brilliant..many people liked paradesi and reviews by rediff,sify,behindwoods,ibn,etc were very positive,many gave 4 stars..in behindwoods paradesi review comments section many people mentioned positive comments..that tells the story..really i am seeing more negative comments in the page where i expected to be positive..is the movie really bad? i dont think so and even many fans,reviews,twitters are very good but in the hub its far too negative..i should have never come to this page..constructive criticism is always welcome but its really disgusting to find many negative comments filling the page by same person..

raagadevan
17th March 2013, 07:06 AM
Paradesi: Tea and no sympathy

"Bala is so often described as "dark," "disturbing" and with other qualifiers of this ilk that we forget sometimes how funny he can be, in that twisted and macabre way of his."

http://www.thehindu.com/features/cinema/cinema-reviews/paradesi-tea-and-no-sympathy/article4515862.ece?homepage=true

MADDY
17th March 2013, 11:07 AM
yes yes.. GVP-kkaaga mattum thaan padam paakka poga viruppam illai..

yea, hope someone say this to the makers directly.....btw, anyone knows why did he move out of IR family?? he shut himself opportunities to work with the other master when he said "AR's music wont suit my movies".........

btw, another dark movie with heavy subjects, disconnected characters with central theme on exploitation - another round of appreciations for bala from critics and another NAward etc.......

ajaybaskar
17th March 2013, 11:35 AM
Not sure why moved out of IR family. But I see him working with Vairamuthu for the first time.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
17th March 2013, 01:15 PM
Internal birdie chirps that Raja did music for his films almost free, and once he learnt it won't happen anymore, he decided to move out, as there is no more free lunch. Not sure why he left yuvan.

lydayaxobia518
17th March 2013, 03:12 PM
Sakala u seem biased against the maker rather than the movie.Ur posts drip with contempt even tho u haven't watched PD yet.I am a big KH fan and I am a little shocked how my fellow KH fans react to other artistes movies.Please watch the movie and give balanced view.As for the other negative comments here they are too churlish to deserve reply.

ajaybaskar
17th March 2013, 03:33 PM
Sakala,

And he got GVP's music for free? AFAIK, he charges more than U1 and IR.

cokepepsi
17th March 2013, 04:00 PM
atharvavukku nalla edhirgaalam irupaathu urudhi. nadipu chanceless. A rising star.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
17th March 2013, 04:15 PM
Ajay, don't you know, some directors like Maniratnam and to certain extent, Bala, always will pay less, citing reasons like budget, and also like its a good offer for the star etc.. Of course Bala cannot say about good offer etc to Raja :lol: but there had bees some kinda consessions, late payments, relaxations for Bala and it seems, during AvanIvan itself it seems he approached Raja and this was told(no more concessions etc,) and also raja expressed his dislike in taking up too violent themes, during Nan Kadavul itself. So naturally bala cannot go to Raja for this film. By going to GVP he distanced himself from Yuvan too and now he is an outsider mostly.

Who knows GVP also wud have ben paid less.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
17th March 2013, 04:16 PM
Sakala u seem biased against the maker rather than the movie.Ur posts drip with contempt even tho u haven't watched PD yet.I am a big KH fan and I am a little shocked how my fellow KH fans react to other artistes movies.Please watch the movie and give balanced view.As for the other negative comments here they are too churlish to deserve reply.

Generally i don't like Bala Films much, and even said so during Avan Ivan too, in hub. I wonder why u r clubbing my tastes wrt Kamal and Bala.

HonestRaj
17th March 2013, 06:35 PM
like Myskin's Onayum- Aatukuttiyum (after Nandhalala issues)...... i like to see Bala going for IR in his next film.. hope it happens..

Avadi to America
17th March 2013, 07:40 PM
IMO, bala is probably the best direector Tamil cinema produced since 2000. He had touched the subject that no one would really think of it or dare to do it. Here people start commenting movie before watching it. People with prejudiced opinion can not bring constructive criticism.

Chikatiloan
17th March 2013, 07:41 PM
Eego,rift,difference of opinions is quite normal in TFI..Rift between Maniratnam-Ilaiyaraja,GVM-Harish jeyaraj,Selva raghavan-Yuvan,etc happened in TFI..When it comes to bala films I don't think its bala's decision to pay Ilaiyaraja or not since Ilaiyaraja is already a god in TFI and no one can take decisions about Ilaiyaraja's work..It would have been Ilaiyaraja's decision to cut down the salary citing budget reasons..And I guess bala still respects ilaiyaraja a lot and he would have gone with GVP just for a change since Ilaiyaraja don't want to take another heavy dark subjects..Its not necessary to respect entire ilaiayaraja family like yuvan just because u love Ilaiyaraja..Ex. Kamalhaasan is a gr8Ilaiyaraja rasigan but I don't think its necessary for him to give the same respect to yuvan and infact he never gave a chance to yuvan and that shows the opinions...
If Ilaiayaraja is not interested in doing bala heavy subjects then bala can choose music directors of his choice because he hugely respects Ilaiyaraja only & not yuvan,etc... Some don't like bala films like sakala and that's fine because of the expectation level/taste they have and its not necessary for kamalhaasan fans to like Bala films..how can one decide that? At the same time one shouldn't blame/criticize bala and his films just because he didn't choose Ilaiyaraja or Yuvan or ARR as music directors..

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
17th March 2013, 07:52 PM
USV & Others, I already asked what wrong did i say in this thread. Also i have never said anything bad about the film, and also won't say since i won't watch this film. Again thats not becos of any foolish arrogance that i dislike bala et all. I very rarely watch movies, even thiruttu vcds. I am not a ardent movie fan at all! If i watch akamal film itself, i won't be able to grasp ALL of its intricacies. Just that i enjoy watching kamal film again and again, AFTER i have learnt the intricacies and inner beauties are being explained by the other fans. I am an reluctant movie watcher!

Having said all that, i actually can very well understand how happy a Bala fan will feel about a Bala film, i can easily wear that shoe and understand it very easily. Had done that too, in parts! Just that now, i am somewhat getting away from dark themes. If directors like bala gets commercial success too, along with critical praise, i am very happy. Movie industry shud be built of these kind of directors only and not the likes of perarasu etc

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
17th March 2013, 07:54 PM
Again, i never worried about Bala getting away from raja, and whoever be the reason for it. Even if Raja had scored this film, i still wud have not watched the film, by now. May be atleast after 6 months...

Chikatiloan
17th March 2013, 08:09 PM
USV & Others, I already asked what wrong did i say in this thread. Also i have never said anything bad about the film, and also won't say since i won't watch this film. Again thats not becos of any foolish arrogance that i dislike bala et all. I very rarely watch movies, even thiruttu vcds. I am not a ardent movie fan at all! If i watch akamal film itself, i won't be able to grasp ALL of its intricacies. Just that i enjoy watching kamal film again and again, AFTER i have learnt the intricacies and inner beauties are being explained by the other fans. I am an reluctant movie watcher!

Having said all that, i actually can very well understand how happy a Bala fan will feel about a Bala film, i can easily wear that shoe and understand it very easily. Had done that too, in parts! Just that now, i am somewhat getting away from dark themes. If directors like bala gets commercial success too, along with critical praise, i am very happy. Movie industry shud be built of these kind of directors only and not the likes of perarasu etc

Sakala, I didn't say anything wrong about you..infact I said its not necessary for kamal fans to like bala films which I points to Sridhar..All I said to others is don't criticize bala for not choosing ilaiyara/yuvan as MD which I can sense the anger in this hub..Here I went along with 7 people 2 don't like the movie,3 person said ok and 2 others felt very good/best of bala..so when it comes to bala films opinions differs as he always do dark films

lydayaxobia518
17th March 2013, 09:18 PM
USV, May be i didn't convey my opinion well in my post.I absolutely have no issues about KH fans not liking Bala's movies.I was pained AT THE WAY a well respected director is being derided here.Comparing TR's music with Bala's films,Raja refusing to give 'concessions' any more to Bala...... Felt not fair at all.On the VR thread when some gave negative views they were asked to keep off the thread if they dont like the movie.But i wont ask Bala baiters to keep off this thread because i firmly believe in one thing that was talked constantly throughout The VR controversy. Freedom of expression.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
17th March 2013, 09:41 PM
Chengayan, the way you are merging VR dislike with PD dislike is not working. Also about bala getting concessions and delayed payments, its not a lie. It was said by a popular writer that Bala had 14Cr debt and did AvanIvan only for settling that. Even Vishal and Arya took cuts in the pay, it was said.

Sunil_M88
17th March 2013, 09:41 PM
he shut himself opportunities to work with the other master when he said "AR's music wont suit my movies"

:rotfl: I wonder how he came to such a Stupid conclusion!

easygoer
17th March 2013, 09:46 PM
(1) It starts as a normal commercial movie. You can find cliche characterizations... Hero is an innocent guy... Heroine is a playful girl and do all galatta's with hero... Hero's mother always chides the hero but having great affection on him. Standard and Industry accepted dialogues like britishers speaking high about gandhi
(2) The movie also has Bala's cliches like the actors going for a complete makeover... Intense scenes and a diabolical villan... Fair share of bad words...The lead actors have their own story but the backdrop on which their story happens leaves a deep impact than the former story

Inspite of all these, what makes the movie unique is the theme what Bala touched. I don't know how many have the guts to make a movie like this. No movie has depicted the British exploitation, slavery and most importantly the christian conversion like this one.The screenplay is coherant and is well paced and there is no boring moments at all. Bala easily suceeds in making the audience to have an emotional bondage with the characters. Both the cinematographer and the musician has helped bala to create an authentic and realistic feel. surely I would rate this as one of the most gut wrenching movie I have ever seen... Kudos and big salute to Bala

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
17th March 2013, 09:48 PM
Ippa OK vaa?!? :lol: :)

http://www.facebook.com/icarusprakash/posts/10151362735048403

Icarus Prakash (http://www.facebook.com/icarusprakash)
பரதேசி

First things first.

இந்த மாதிரி படங்களை எல்லாம், அசாமி, ஒடியா, கன்னடம் , மலையாளத்தில் எடுத்தால் படத்தை தேசிய விருதுக்கு நாமினேட் செய்து, அந்த இயக்குனரை தலைமேல் தூக்கி வைத்துக் கொண்டாடி , மெய்னஸ்ட்ரீமில் இருந்து சுத்தமாக ஒதுக்கி வைத்து, பாக்கெட்டில் அஞ்சு ரூபா கூட இல்லாமல் சாக அடித்துப் பின்னர் ஒன்றுக்கும் உதவாத தாதாசாகிப் பால்கே விருது கொடுப்பதுதான் மரபு.

ஆனால், பாலா, பரதேசியைச் சொந்தமாகத் தயாரித்து, நல்ல லாபத்துக்கு விற்று அதிலிருந்து போயஸ் கார்டனில் ஒரு பங்களாவும் வாங்கியிருக்கிறாராம். இப்படிப்பட்ட பாலாவைத் தமிழ் ரசிகர்களாகிய நாம், கோலிவுட்டின் most wanted இயக்குனராக ஒரு பெடஸ்டலில் உட்கார்த்தி வைத்திருக்கிறோம்.

சந்தோஷம். We are on the right track.

பார்த்துத்தான் விடுவோமே என்று தியேட்டர் போனால், ஸ்டல்லா மாரீஸ் கல்லூரி கல்சுரல்ஸ் போல, தியேட்டர் முழுக்க கொத்துக் கொத்தாக இளசுகள்.

வழக்கமாக மணிரத்னம் , கௌதம் மேனன் , ரன்பீர்கபூர் படங்கள் மட்டுமே பார்க்கக் கிளம்பும் இந்த இளைஞர் / இளைஞிகள் கூட்டம், பாட்டு, ஆக்*ஷன், சந்தானம், பவர்ஸ்டார் போன்ற சைட்டிஷ்கள் எதுவும் இல்லாத இந்த 'மரண மொக்கை' க்கு அட்வான்ஸ் புக்கிங் செய்து வந்ததோடு மட்டுமல்லாமல், வெண்திரையில் காட்சிகள் தோன்றித் தோன்றி மறையும் பொழுது, கீச் மூச் என்ற எந்தச் சத்தமும் இல்லாமல், சீட்டிலே பேயறைந்தாற்போல உறைந்து கிடப்பது, தமிழ்நாட்டில் மட்டுமே நிகழக்கூடிய ஒரு அற்புதம்.

இதெல்லாம் சாதாரண மேட்டர் தானே என்பது போல, பல நுட்பமான மேட்டர்களை அசால்ட்டாகச் செய்து கடந்து போகிறார் பாலா.

படத்தின் மிகப் பெரிய ப்ளஸ், வண்டி வண்டியாக வியாக்கியானங்கள் எழுதிக் குமிக்கும் அல்டாப்புப் பேர்வழிகளை எல்லாம் கழட்டி விட்டு, மண்மணம் கமழும் நாஞ்சில் நாடனைத் துணைக்குச் சேர்த்துக் கொண்டதாகும். சிறிது திசை திரும்பியிருந்தாலும் ஒரு மொக்கையான டாகுமெண்டரியாகப் போய்விட்டிருக்கக் கூடிய சித்திரத்தை நாஞ்சிலாரின் வசனங்கள் கவித்துவம் மிக்க படைப்பாக்குகிறது.

நிதானமாக உட்கார்ந்து யோசிக்கும் பொழுது நிறைய குறைகள் தென்படுகின்றன. ஆனால், அதெல்லாம் பிறகு.

ரசிகனாகப்பட்டவன், இது போன்ற ஒரு அற்புதக் கணத்தைக் அனுபவித்துக் கொண்டாடவேண்டும். மனசு புண்பட்டவர்கள் எல்லாம் ஒருவாரம் கழித்துக் கேஸ் போட்டுக்கொள்ளுங்கள். நானும் வருகிறேன், ஒத்து ஊத.

arulraj
17th March 2013, 10:10 PM
Saw the movie ; in my view bala is not required to direct this movie ; i agree this is raw pathetic movie but there should be some screen play... this is just a one liner also one direction movie which is rarely engaging audience ....story also inspired from RED TEA novel. What is bala has done in this movie....nothing.... Finally i am the paradesi becoz of seeing this movie.

lydayaxobia518
17th March 2013, 10:15 PM
Clubbing the VR dislike and PD dislike not working?? touchy!:)
BTW i saw the movie along with my son and his friend.Surprisingly both the youngsters liked it!

lydayaxobia518
17th March 2013, 10:30 PM
http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2013-03-16/news-interviews/37766893_1_bala-s-paradesi-bala-s-paradesi-kollywood

thamiz
17th March 2013, 11:01 PM
USV & Others, I already asked what wrong did i say in this thread.

EVERYTHING!

All you and Venkiraam do is bringing down this movie ON PURPOSE!

But you guys look like clowns because NOBODY agrrees with the nonsense you guys are talking about. Let it be professional reviewers or general hubbers!

We also wonder what the heck is wrong with you two!

It is all because of "you-know-what"! :lol:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
17th March 2013, 11:14 PM
மேட்டம், பெட்டர் லக் நெக்ஸ்ட் டயௌ! ;)

kalyan
18th March 2013, 12:57 AM
+1 to Sakala
+1 to Venkkiram regarding their views on Bala's movies. I have just seen Sethu and Pithamagan. Liked Sethu a lot in those days......till I watched Pithamagan. Pithamagan was unrealistic/illogical cinema masquerading as realism and havent bothered to watch any of Bala's movies since then.... wudnt watch Paradesi either.

Any day I would rate Vazhakku en 18/9 or Azhagarsamyin kudhirai much higher than Pithamagan.

venkkiram
18th March 2013, 07:19 AM
ஓ செங்காடே சிறுகரடே போய்வரவா
ஓ காடுகளே கள்ளிகளே போய்வரவா

சுடுசுடு காடு விட்டு,
போகிற பொணங்க போல
சனசன சனங்களெல்லாம்,
போகுது பாதை மேல

உள்ளூரில் காக்கா குருவி இற தேடுதே ஓ
பசியோடு மனுசக்கூட்டம் வெளியேறுதே

பொத்தக் கள்ளியும் முள்ளுத் தச்சதும்
பொத்து ஒழுகுமே பாலு
காலங்காலமா அழுது தீத்துட்டோம்
கண்ணில் இல்லையே நீரு
வாட்டும் பஞ்சத்தில் கொக்குக் காலைப்போல்
வத்திப்போச்சய்யா வாழ்வு
கூட்டம் கூட்டமா வாழப்போகிறோம்
கூட வருகுதே சாவு

வெளையாத காட்டவிட்டு
வெளையாண்ட வீட்டவிட்டு
வெள்ளந்தியா வெகுளிச்சனம்
வெளியேறுதே.. ஓ...
வாழ்வோடு கொண்டு விடுமோ
சாவோடு கொண்டு விடுமோ
போகும் தெசை சொல்லாமலே
வழி நீளுதே
உயிரோடு வாழ்வது கூட சிறு துன்பமே ஓ
வயிறோடு வாழ்வது தானே பெருந்துன்பமே
பொல்லாத விதியும் அழைக்கப்
போறோமே பஞ்சம் பொழைக்க
யார் மீள்வதோ?
யார் வாழ்வதோ?
யார் கண்டது?

பாலம் பாலமா வெடிச்சுக்கெடக்குதே
பாடுபட்டவன் பூமி
வெடிச்ச பூமியில் பொதைக்கப் பாக்குதே
கேடு கெட்டவன் சாமி
புளியங்கொட்டைய அவிச்சுத் திண்ணுதான்
பொழச்சுக் கெடக்குது மேனி
பஞ்சம் பொழைக்கவும் பசியத்தீக்கவும்
பச்ச பூமியக் காமி

காலோடு சரள கிழிக்க
கண்ணோடு புழுதி அடிக்க
ஊர் தாண்டியே ஊர் தேடியே
ஊர் போகுதே
கருவேலங்காடு கடந்து
கல்லூத்து மேடு கடந்து
ஊர்சேரலாம் உசுர் சேருமா
வழியில்லையே..
கங்காணி பேச்ச நம்பி சனம் போகுதே ஓ...
நண்டுகள கூட்டிக்கொண்டு நரிபோகுதே
உடல் மட்டும் முதலீடாக
ஒரு நூறு சனம் போறாக
உயிர் மீளுமோ?
உடல் மீளுமோ?
யார் கண்டது?

பொத்து ஒழுகுமே பாலு
கண்ணில் இல்லையே நீரு
வாட்டும் பஞ்சத்தில் கொக்கு காலைப்போல்
வத்திப்போச்சய்யா வாழ்வு
கூட வருகுதே சாவு!

சுடுசுடு காடு விட்டு
போகிற பொணங்க போல
சனசன சனங்களெல்லாம்
போகுது பாதை மேல
உள்ளூரில் காக்கா குருவி
இற தேடுதே... ஓ
பசியோடு மனுசக்கூட்டம்
வெளியேறுதே..!

பொத்து ஒழுகுமே பாலு
கண்ணில் இல்லையே நீரு
வாட்டும் பஞ்சத்தில் கொக்கு காலைப்போல்
வத்திப்போச்சய்யா வாழ்வு
கூட வருகுதே சாவு

பாடல், வரிகள் எல்லாம் படத்தை சுத்தமாக மறந்துவிட்டு கேட்டால் மட்டுமே ரசிக்க முடியும். ஏனெனில் படத்தில் பாடல் வரும் சூழ்நிலைக்கு பொருத்தம் சுத்தமாக இல்லை. அதுவரை காட்சிப்படுத்தப் பட்ட சாலூர் கிராம மக்கள் பஞ்சத்தில் வாடுவதாக தோன்றவில்லை. எல்லோரையும் போல கேலிகள், கொண்டாட்டாமாக வாழ்க்கையை ரசித்து அனுபவித்துக் கொண்டிருக்கிறார்கள். அப்படியிருக்க இப்பாடலில் வைரமுத்துவின் வரிகள் நீலிக்கண்ணீர் வடிப்பது போல. முழுவதும் ஈழ மக்களின் அல்லல்களை காட்டும் படமாக இல்லையென்றாலும் "விடை கொடு எங்கள் நாடே" பாடல் வரிகள், பாடல் இடம்பெறும் சூழ்நிலைக்கு கொஞ்சமாவது பொருந்தி வரும். கங்காணி கெட்டவன் என்றாலும் பாடல் இடம்பெறும் நேரத்தில் அவரை நம்பிப்போகும் மக்களுக்கு அவர் நல்லவராகவே தென்படுகிறார். அப்படியிருக்க யாருக்கு இப்படிப்பட்ட வரிகள் எல்லாம்? பார்வையாளர்களுக்கு கிண்டி கிண்டி தருகிறாரா? குழந்தையாக தவழத் தொடங்கி இன்று கொஞ்ச தூரம் நடக்கப் பழகியிருக்கிறோம் திரை இயக்கத்தில். மறுபடியும் குழந்தைப் பருவத்திற்கு கங்காணி போலவே அழைத்துச் செல்கிறார் பாலா. இதுவும் ஒருவகையில் உணர்ச்சி சுரண்டலே. பரதேசியை விட பால்ய வயதில் நான் பார்த்த நல்லதங்காள் நாடக இயக்கம் பல மடங்கு மேன்மையாக இருந்தது.

Chikatiloan
18th March 2013, 07:58 AM
Good paradesi getting rave reviews

Critical Reception

Paradesi opened to highly positive critical acclaim. S Saraswathi of Rediff rated it 4/5, saying "Pardesi's lifelike characters draw you into their lives with their realistic performances" and concluded, "Bala’s Paradesi stays with you long after you walk out of the theatre. In fact you need a few minutes to reorient yourself back to the present, Bala captivates with his authentic script, unadorned visuals and down-to-earth characters. A must-watch." Sify said, "Paradesi is definitively a classic with grace and power. Hats off to Bala for taking the road less traveled, and that makes all the difference" and gave the verdict "Brilliant". One India stated, "Paradesi is a brilliant made movie but the lack of commercial elements will not guarantee the success. Nonetheless, the film will be loved by Bala's fans!" Kanchana Devi of TruthDive rated the film 4/5 and said, "Paradesi is surely yet another landmark film of director Bala and would receive tremendous appreciation from filmmakers and critics." Nandini Ramnath of Livemint said, "During Paradesi’s most heightened moments, it appears as though Bala is single-handedly trying to undo that cinematic legacy." and concluded, "Paradesi clocks a crisp 120 minutes– not enough to replicate the richness of Pithamagan and Avan Ivan, and not enough to accommodate new ideas on age-old forms of exploitation.". MovieCrow rated it 4 out of 5 and appreciated the movie for its boldness and Bala's uncompromising vision.

ajaybaskar
18th March 2013, 09:30 AM
At the end of the year, Paradesi will be among the best films of the year. Not that it's without flaws but they are negligible. Bala sticks to his strengths and is very well within his comfort zone.

All the lead characters have played their parts well and my pick is Dhanshika. Surprisingly, GVP's songs and bgm were good. I believe he was subjected to the reality teaser treatment. All said, this should be at the top of his résumé. Chezhiyan's cinematography was another high point. The b/w tone worked very well.

Paradesi is a must watch.