PDA

View Full Version : Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

balaajee
5th August 2013, 11:17 AM
Revisited Arya 2

it s one of fav. telugu films which can be watched in multiple times @ any time...
asaalt acting by allu arjun nd gorgeous kajal nd superb screenplay nd dialogues which made the film multiple time watchable...

You missed the MUSIC...

Brianengab
5th August 2013, 01:45 PM
You missed the MUSIC...

ya of course music too... my fav. songs r Uppenantha wit stylish dance by allu nd Karige Loga.. :)

mappi
5th August 2013, 01:47 PM
Then strange things happen - the dog dies first :rant:

LoL.
I am yet to watch the movie, and I understand what you are coming to say.
If its Paranomal Activity or Insidious - yes.
But after having gone thru some Warren files + sleeping with the lights on after watching Entity, I thought this film would bring back the "long-lost-scares" in Horror movies.
I will let you (all) know when I watch it by the end of this month.

SoftSword
5th August 2013, 02:30 PM
Theeya Velai seyyanum Kumaaru

- sundar C kalakkittar :clap:
- consecutive (kalakalappu & tvsk) good humour films when directors could not sustain full length comedy..
- nice timepass film
- sundar c credits a bunch of people as "screenplay team" .. Nalan Kumarasamy is one among them..
- hansika summa moththu moththunu irukka..
- sam.. you beauty..
- end credit song.. nice to show Kushboo & hansika.. both look alike..
- after Kalakalappu... good one from Santhanam.. unless he teams with good directors.. he is not performing well..

yov... kushbu and hansika in the same scale??
kushboo ellaam vayasula whatta beauty...
hansika is just like the lays chips packet...

Cinemarasigan
5th August 2013, 02:40 PM

:lol:

OK OK-la indha ammani OK thaan... Charming konjam konjamaa koranjuttE varudhu...

mappi
5th August 2013, 02:43 PM

LoL

naan mcdo muffins sonna, yeppadi ipadi lam - ini varum kalangalil, lays packet-a sirikama open pandrathu koncham kashtam.

balaajee
5th August 2013, 04:36 PM

At this age also she can Woo the Senior most politician of TN...

Cinemarasigan
5th August 2013, 05:49 PM
At this age also she can Woo the Senior most politician of TN...

:lol: kisu kisu thread-la idha patthi yaaraavadhu full detail-oda ezhudhina nallaa irukkum..

mappi
5th August 2013, 06:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCCVVgtI5xU

hattori_hanzo
5th August 2013, 08:32 PM
Peeping Tom (1960)

A movie which I wanted to watch for a long time but couldn't till now. Critics tore apart the film upon release, resulting in financial loss which, sadly destroyed the career of its director and lead actor but went on to become a cult classic in later years. The story is a bit similar to Hitchcock's Psycho (which was released just few months after this one but was both a critical and commercial success!)
Peeping Tom was ahead of its times. I somehow found it more complete than Hitchcock's film. In the sense, you get to see and feel his fear and know the reason behind his weird acts. Whereas in Psycho, the viewers have to imagine what might have happened to the killer when he was a child. Neat thriller!

HonestRaj
5th August 2013, 11:48 PM

rendu peru face'ayum morphing pannumpodhu ore madhiri irukkunu sonnen..

engalukku mattum chinna vayasu kushboo'va theriyadhakkum...
kudhboo'voda 7th std photo kumudhathula vandhadhu innum en kannulaye nikkudhu...
beach manal'la padutha menikka innoru photo'vum nyabagathulaye irukku...

Nadigan / my dear marthandan poanra padangal ellam style'na.. Engitta modhadhe... amsam..
koyil kattunadhula thappae illai

Brianengab
6th August 2013, 12:22 PM
Gippi (Hindi)..

one time watchable movie.. story of a overweight gal who s facing prob. in school nd hw she overcome wit tat...

My rating - 2.5/5

preethamm
6th August 2013, 04:48 PM
like cosmo-reviewer including rating for all languages hmm

Brianengab
6th August 2013, 04:58 PM
is ther any prob for u ?

balaajee
8th August 2013, 11:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCCVVgtI5xU
Hrithik Roshan's Krissh 3 trailer crosses 3 million mark on YouTube in just two ... (http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/1871281/report-krissh-3-trailer-crosse-3-million-mark-on-youtube-in-just-two-days)- Daily News & Analysis

19thmay
8th August 2013, 06:26 PM
Pattathu Yaanai - In what way this title is related to the movie?

Btw very average movie..Yet another (innoncent guy - incident - killer) + yet another (Heroine - Villain likes her - Hero saves her) + yet another (Santhanam's mokka humor - few one liners by the sidekicks). Vishal nothing new, Arjun's daughter-a paathu hero, villain rendu perum mattum thaan jollu viduraanga. And another movie in which Heroine was shown as a +2 student.

ajaybaskar
8th August 2013, 07:24 PM
டைட்டில் வச்சதுக்கப்புறம்தான் கதையை முடிவு பண்ணதா சொன்னாங்க.

NOV
8th August 2013, 08:21 PM
NERAM - What a lovely film. Try not to miss it. :thumbsup:
Wonder what happens to the machaan in the end. ...

ajaybaskar
8th August 2013, 08:32 PM
Machaan runs away after the auto meets with an accident na?

NOV
8th August 2013, 08:33 PM
Yes Ajay.
But what happens to his demand for 50 laksham? :evil:

mappi
8th August 2013, 08:57 PM
After rescuing his girl friend and while walking away from the car he gets a call - its from his "runaway-machan" to whom he confirms that he got the money thru his friends.
Then the "motta-madi" scene starts.

k_vanan
8th August 2013, 09:00 PM
Yes Ajay.

50lakh or 50thousand :?

Everything is ok (story, screenplay, music & acting) but comedy dialog nalla pannirukullam IMO :) this is what soodhu kavvum achive big success. Nevertheless movie :thumbsup:

Nasser... Osome :rotfl3:

NOV
8th August 2013, 09:06 PM
Really mappi? I thought it was from his friend.
Machaanukku aappu illaiyaa? :twisted:

Saravanan, I enjoyed the movie very much. Definitely one of the better releases this year.
Hero eas good too.

mappi
8th August 2013, 09:06 PM
50 thousand before that evening.

BM
8th August 2013, 09:07 PM

Its 50 aayiram. Climaxla machan ku phone panni panam arrange paniyaachinu solluvaane :huh:

mappi
8th August 2013, 09:11 PM
NoV, he tells hello "Machan" + "ippo than friends thandanga" => so I do not think its "one of his friends" or his friend John.

NOV
8th August 2013, 09:14 PM
So sad :(

mappi
8th August 2013, 09:19 PM
LoL Nov ...
Here is what I thought about the film : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?9870-Film-Documentary-Recently-watched-amp-worthy-of-some-discussion&p=1045336&viewfull=1#post1045336

[I had said : Neram had to satisfy the cultural, social and general mentality of a specific group, thus often going stray]

NOV
8th August 2013, 09:27 PM
Wow mappi. Nice review. Yes. ... I was thinking of soodhu Kavvum competition too.
What a year it has been!

SoftSword
9th August 2013, 03:45 PM
TVSK - sundar C maintains his consistency in giving OK movies.. he does not soar or dip a bit from this benchmark which he has set for himself..

i wish the IT fundamentalists join hands to stop a movie from releasing for showing them in bad light always :)

HonestRaj
9th August 2013, 04:57 PM
TVSK - sundar C maintains his consistency in giving OK movies.. he does not soar or dip a bit from this benchmark which he has set for himself..

:exactly:

BM
9th August 2013, 09:02 PM
Chennai Express - Entertaining for the most part (in fact till climax fight). Climax is a bit meh. Worth watching.

mappi
9th August 2013, 10:49 PM
clean "sweep" release in France :

http://bollycine.fr/images/poster-dates.jpg

Red Chillies Entertainments yet again proves its forte in "dynamics-in-economic".

Watching it tomorrow @16h30. All depends how the movie opens - hilarious mode or mockery mood. Accordingly have to settle down !

Dilbert
9th August 2013, 11:50 PM

Red Chillies Entertainments yet again proves its forte in "dynamics-in-economic".

Watching it tomorrow @16h30. All depends how the movie opens - hilarious mode or mockery mood. Accordingly have to settle down !

Don't worry you will enjoy it ! he has ridiculed every south indian (lungi) movie possible. With Truthraj,Delhi ganesh, and gang it feels like watching some south indian movie.

Madarasi Hindi all the way !!

mexicomeat
10th August 2013, 05:52 AM
a perfect script for the next bala movie :D

http://www.techsatish.net/2013/08/blog-post_8209.html

வியட்நாம் போரின் போது காணாமல் போன 42 வயது தந்தையும் அவரது 1 வயது மகனும், 40 ஆண்டுகளின் பின் மத்திய வியட்நாம் காட்டில் கண்டுபிடிக்கப்பட்டுள்ளனர். இப்போது தந்தையின் வயது 82. மகனின் வயது 41.

1973ம் ஆண்டு வியட்நாம் போரின் போது இவர்களின் வீட்டில் வெடித்த குண்டால் இவரது மனைவியும் குடும்பத்தாரும் பலியாக, தன் 1 வயது மகனைத் தூக்கிக் கொண்டு இவர் காட்டினுள் ஓடியிருந்தார்.
காட்டினுள்ளே நீண்ட தூரம் பயணித்துச் சென்ற சிலர் இவர்களது மரவீட்டை கண்டு, அதிகாரிகளிற்கு அறிவித்த பின்னர் இவர்கள் மீட்கப்பட்டுள்ளனர்.

காட்டின் நடுவே சிறிய அளவு சோளம் வளர்த்தும் பழங்கள் மற்றும் வேர்களை உண்டும் இவர்கள் இவ்வளவு காலமும் உயிர்வாழ்ந்துள்ளனர்.

மரப்பட்டையால் ஆன உடையை அணிந்திருந்த மகனிற்கு வெளியுலகோடு தொடர்புகொள்ளும் அளவிற்கு எந்த மொழியும் தெரியவில்லை. ஓரிரு சொற்களே தெரிந்திருக்கிறது. தந்தையும் நீண்டகாலம் யாருடனும் பேசாது இருந்தமையால், பேசுவதை பெரிதளவு மறந்து விட்டார்.

uruzalari
10th August 2013, 07:13 PM
Saw 555 ...quite a decent thriller ..... definitely watchable

mappi
12th August 2013, 01:26 AM
For "old school" guys : Statham in the cast could have done 'more' wonders, but I am just as fine as it could be with Escape Plan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM8T963JFgE

Looking forward for this film

balaajee
12th August 2013, 11:19 AM

http://bollycine.fr/images/poster-dates.jpg

'Chennai Express' smashes all records, earns Rs 100 crore in its opening weekend (http://ibnlive.in.com/news/chennai-express-smashes-all-records-earns-rs-100-crore-in-its-opening-weekend/413569-8-66.html) - IBNLive

Cinemarasigan
12th August 2013, 11:27 AM
'Chennai Express' smashes all records, earns Rs 100 crore in its opening weekend (http://ibnlive.in.com/news/chennai-express-smashes-all-records-earns-rs-100-crore-in-its-opening-weekend/413569-8-66.html) - IBNLive

Looks like this film created record at the Chennai Box office as well for Hindi films..

mappi
12th August 2013, 01:37 PM
Chennai Express : "Hillariously-funny" (irrespective to all the anti-lungi song posts, including mine)

I watched the movie with a very light head, so failed to notice anything big, esp. on Salman. Think SRK played it safe, but still took a dig on Bollywood remaking south film, on the whole laughing at Salman. Saif Ali Khan and Amir Khan references cannot be missied. The major spoof is on his own films. What rests is basically the Telugu Film industry under TFI backdrop. Singam Ka Kasam was a line which made be laugh a bit louder ... LoL. There were 3-4 moments which got pricky for me, but if ou don't pay attention it will get passed.

The highlight is Deepika Padukone : how contrast and unbeleivable that she reminded me of Parthiban. Remember "Good Morning" !

Detail review only after Thalaiva Release in TN. (my (kind of) support for Thalaiva and his fans)

srimal
12th August 2013, 02:32 PM
Rajapalayam Shanti mini is showing Chennai express... enga oorla hindi padam releaseaa.... was stunned..!!!

movie is good.. predictable storyline and nothing sensational about the script... but trailer vida padam nalla thaan irukku :)

deepika is too good.. indha ponnu oru tamil padam senja nalla irukkum :) SRK - romba vayasu theridu, but he did well.. i think credit should go to director... Sathyaraj good a huge applause/whistles on entry ... ennamma kannu and all that :D

the movie had some rofl moments.. sentiment ellam not so great.. i dint find the songs so memorable - but cinematography and situational comedy nalla irundhadhu..good timepass... atlast a good entertainer for SRK !!!

still cant get over it... oorla hindi padam first day evening show pathrukkaen !!

Cinemarasigan
12th August 2013, 02:41 PM
Rajapalayam Shanti mini is showing Chennai express... enga oorla hindi padam releaseaa.... was stunned..!!!

deepika is too good.. indha ponnu oru tamil padam senja nalla irukkum :)

She is acting in Kochadaiyann right...

Dinesh84
12th August 2013, 03:19 PM
Sonna Puriyadhu, another mokkai in the name of comedy. I am beginning to hate this Siva guy :x

mappi
12th August 2013, 03:24 PM
The Mahabaratham ringtone was one of the saving aspect of Sonna Puriyadhu. I enjoyed the Hi-Tech Patti Character :

Venna oru ponna like panni, share pannein
Patti !
Facebook-la sonein-da

She is a fan of Lady Gaga ... LoL

balaajee
12th August 2013, 03:25 PM
Sonna Puriyadhu, another mokkai in the name of comedy. I am beginning to hate this Siva guy :x

Agila Ulaga Superstar

HonestRaj
14th August 2013, 07:56 PM
Annakkodi

:sigh2:

25 years back vandhurukkavendiya padam.. & BR's way of showing luv scenes.. another :sigh2:
directorey.. retire aagidunga..

19thmay
14th August 2013, 11:26 PM
What is the last big hit for Bharathiraja?

mappi
14th August 2013, 11:32 PM
I do not know about hit, but his last venture was pretty decent - Bommalattam

Annakodi - Kozhi katha solla arambikum podhey ninachein ... and not an out of the box BR materiel, I will stick with HonestRaj's lines "25 years back vandhurukkavendiya padam"

19thmay
14th August 2013, 11:41 PM
Naan jacket podadha Karthika photo paakum podhey mild-a doubt aanen.

Btw his last hit was Kizhaku Seemayile?

HonestRaj
15th August 2013, 12:02 AM
& "Karuththamma" had 100 day run.. may be in very less no. of theaters

mappi
15th August 2013, 12:09 AM
Both the movies Kizhaku Seemayile & Karuthamma were wonderful, esp. the characters, the depth, the subject on hand
And in KS, Rradhika was formidable (it was like she still remebered the "BR-slap" ... LoL)
Karuthamma with the "Disco-style-song" took away the spirit, and it took a while to get back in, but the end-product is worth mentioning

Avadi to America
15th August 2013, 12:10 AM
Naan jacket podadha Karthika photo paakum podhey mild-a doubt aanen.

must be the genuine hit.... Bharthirajalam mothalla pechai korakunum....he still thinks he makes good movies as he did in 70's and 80's.....After early 90s, he lost knack of story telling could be due to loss of writer R.selvaraj.

mappi
15th August 2013, 12:19 AM
Well if you ask me, I would blame it on his urge to bring in his son Manoj (during late 90s). Even then, he managed to bring in "award-winning" materiales. Then after a break and silently complaining about the medicore movies coming out he did 2 thrillers where he still showed his grip.

And now, he wishes to bring back the artistic naration like showing moon and flowers. Well ... that explains quite a lot !

HonestRaj
15th August 2013, 12:34 AM
during mid-90's "pasumponn" was highly expected film.. i think it did only average business

HonestRaj
15th August 2013, 01:55 AM
watching last 1/2 hr of "sabapathy" in murasu channel...

earlier i thought it was filmed in early 50's or late 40's after independence.. but a dialogue in the movie made me to google for its release date..

the dialogue goes like this..

heroine asks the time period of world war & the hero answers.. it started on 1938 (something around this year) & it is still going on.. heroine clarifies that she asked about first world war & not the 2nd ..

film released in 1941... directed by AVM chettiar..

planning to download this film from youtube..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgoinPyfgDs

http://www.hindu.com/cp/2008/05/23/stories/2008052350351600.htm

Sabapathy 1941

T. R. Ramachandran, Kali N. Ratnam, K. Sarangapani, R. Padma, C. T. Rajakantham, P. R., Mangalam, Hiranaiah

http://www.hindu.com/cp/2008/05/23/images/2008052350351601.jpg
hilarious SabapathyHandy Andy is one of the popular comical characters of English literature created by Samuel Lover . He had the knack of doing everything wrong! Tamil theatreperson, Pammal Sambandam Mudaliar, wrote several `farces', built around a `Handy Andy-ish' servant Sabapathy, the `Man Friday' of a notso- bright young man by the same name. Such farces were enacted by Sambandam Mudliar with his troupe, Suguna Vilas Sabha, and proved popular. A. T. Krishnaswamy, the neglected but talented writerdirector- producer (Arivali, Vidyapathi, Manam Oru Kurangu) suggested to AV. Meiyappan, with whom he was working in Pragathi Pictures, to make a comedy built around Sabapathy.Those were days of the Second World War. Life was grim and so, people loved a good laugh. AVM agreed, and A. T. Krishnaswamy wrote the film, based on Mudaliar's farces. T.R. Ramachandran, who was with Pragathi on a princely salary of Rs. 35 per month, was cast as hero, while comedian and character artiste Kali N. Ratnam played Handy Andy. `Lux Soap' beauty R. Padma played the hero's educated wife, who teaches her husband English. The slim and saucy Rajakantham played the Man Friday's heartthrob. Another noted comedian of the day, K. Sarangapani, played a Tamil ragged by his students. During that period, Tamil teachers were the butt of jokes because they were considered inferior to those who taught English! For the first time, AVM's name appeared as director in the credits, along with A. T. Krishnaswamy, though the film was written and directed by the latter. Padma was active in Tamil cinema during the 1940's, but never made it to the top; she is barely remembered today.But Rajakantham made it as comedienne with Kali N. Ratnam and the pair was only next in fame to the legendary N. S. Krishnan and T. A. Mathuram. Contrived humour, jokes built around wrong usage of English, and those making fun of Tamil teachers - this was Sabapathy. However, moviegoers lapped it up, making it a big success. T. R. Ramachandran achieved star status with this film and was mentioned in the same breath as N. S. Krishnan. For a while, even MGR called himself `M. G. Ramachandar' to be different!Sabapathy placed AVM firmly on the ladder of success, and he was well on his way to becoming a movie mogul. It also brought A. T. Krishnaswamy into prominence as a talented director and comedy writer.Produced at around Rs. 40,000, Sabapathy was a boxoffice success. It is often screened on Tamil TV channels and quite familiar to folks even today, 60-plus years after it was made.Remembered for : The comedy sequences of T. R. Ramachandran, Kali N. Ratnam and Sarangapani.

uruzalari
15th August 2013, 12:49 PM
Aadhalal Kadhal Seiveer - Brilliant. Suseentharan is back after the Rajapaatai debacle. Definitely a must watch.

SoftSword
15th August 2013, 02:22 PM
happenned to see a few scenes from annakkodi in a friends place... a scripted disaster it looked like where u cant find even a single 5min interesting clip... 25 years munna idhu vandhirundhaa BR career appove mannoda poyirukkum... along with the poor music... BR epic fail.

HonestRaj
15th August 2013, 04:37 PM
saw first 15 to 20 mins of "policegiri" (colors channel)
pathetic remake of "SAAMY" by KS Ravikumar

balaajee
16th August 2013, 02:08 PM
saw first 15 to 20 mins of "policegiri" (colors channel)
pathetic remake of "SAAMY" by KS Ravikumar
KS Ravikuamar made a Cameo..

balaajee
16th August 2013, 02:09 PM
happenned to see a few scenes from annakkodi in a friends place... a scripted disaster it looked like where u cant find even a single 5min interesting clip... 25 years munna idhu vandhirundhaa BR career appove mannoda poyirukkum... along with the poor music... BR epic fail.

Very true...

balaajee
16th August 2013, 02:11 PM
Looks like this film created record at the Chennai Box office as well for Hindi films..

Chennai Express sets new records, crosses Rs 150 crore mark (http://www.indianexpress.com/news/chennai-express-sets-new-records-crosses-rs-150-crore-mark/1156087/)- Indian Express

narayanan
16th August 2013, 03:01 PM
Pooveli - had the pleasure to watch it in the weekend after a friend recommended it. It didn't take long to realize what movie it was based on. I've dissed Reeves in the orginial. But Karthick. What an actor. He had me hooked right from the beginning. The boundaries he consciously draws in the beginning when they are just friends, the mixed emotions that graces his face when the boundaries begin to blur, the subtle gestures and body language he shows when it becomes clear he is slowly falling for her.. It was karthicks show all the way. Seriously what an under appreciated actor. Even though the movie goes quite melodramatic at places, his character remains consistently calm and collected. There aren't many tamil movies that's tried to realistically explore the fragile human emotions. Just for the attempt, I applaud the director. Kausalya was a pleasant surprise. Never appreciated her as an actress much before this performance. Well, that is going to change. Pooveli- better than the walk in the hell I was expecting it was going to be. Unlike the original this was a walk in the park.

Never knew Pooveli was a remake, its one of the Karthik movies I liked when he is normally trying to overact. He did underplay quite a bit for this movie. One other Karthik movie worth seeing is Kann Simittum Neram.

Rhythm falls somewhat on the same genre did a much better job due to the fact that it concentrated much more on the central characters than Pooveli did and more so it had a much more complex relationship to deal with.
---

Singam - II - Second half semma pEthal.

first half'e pethal dhaan. The only reason Singam even worked is largely due to Prakashraj and he had a lot better role there.

Surya is wasting his career acting in Hari's movies.
----

Barathi, Kamaraj madhiri padangal parkkumpodhu andha kaalakattathukke kodu poyiduvanga..
Iruvar appadi theriyalai... MGR's life eduthu adhula kalaignar portion'i mix panni.. highlighted events mattum oru melottama kanbichurukkaru.. change in screenplay.. i didn't like moving away from the actual happening..

The movie was way ahead of its time and featuring most of the people who are alive and who have the influince to change the final product you see. From what I heard at that time, the movie was heavily censored and half the movie didn't make it to the silver screen. If not anything, it would the only movie to show MGR in not so great light.

Pasumpon?

littlemaster1982
16th August 2013, 06:21 PM
Narayanan :shock: After a loooong time!! Eppadi irukkeenga :)

balaajee
18th August 2013, 08:57 AM
]Aadhalal Kadhal Seiveer[/B] - Brilliant. Suseentharan is back after the Rajapaatai debacle. Definitely a must watch.

Movie have some flavor movie Rattinam.... Hatsoff Suseentharan...Tears @ end of movie...

Roshan
18th August 2013, 12:19 PM
Singam 2 - had to keep adjusting the volume through out the movie.. too noisy and too messy. Surya was a waste. In some non action scenes he was trying to do an Aamir Khan. Waste movie !

ajaybaskar
19th August 2013, 05:56 AM
Balajee,

Why not open a separate thread for AKS and post the reviews there? :)

NOV
19th August 2013, 06:36 AM
agreed Ajay... will do the honors....

Cinefan
19th August 2013, 12:19 PM
Aashiqui 2 & Aurangzeb back to back on Sony- August 15th

At 38 years of age,thought I will not be able to relate to a love story but Aashiqui 2 proved me wrong.Was hooked to the relationship between RJ & Aarohi.There is something about the directors coming from the Mahesh Bhatt school,they explore the darker side of human emotions very well.

A thought came that if RJ really wanted to change why did he not get admitted and then realized that the conflict was essentially that-addiction to the bottle and the affection for Aarohi and the climax comes as he is unable to choose one.

Better performers in the lead roles would have had a higher impact.Aditya Roy Kapoor was awkward in some scenes but had his moments too but Shraddha Kapoor has some serious work to do.Playing characters like this require much more than a pretty face.

The music was smashing,after a long time liked an album as a whole.

Aurangzeb : Was looking forward to this when I came to know it was directed by Atul Sabharwal whose drug drama on Star +,Powder,I was a fan of.

A very character driven movie,no frills,very engaging,logical,interesting twists&turns,an ensemble cast and all playing their roles well though Arjun Kapoor could have done better.

Special mention about Prithviraj & his Hindi.

mappi
19th August 2013, 01:51 PM
I think I will skip Aashiqui 2 (This kind of tales make me feel like I am chained before the screen)

I was considering watching Aurnagzeb, but after watching Arjun Kapoor in Ishaqzaade, I backed off. Maybe I will try to get a moment to watch it for Prithviraj.

mappi
19th August 2013, 02:28 PM
Peeping Tom (1960)

A movie which I wanted to watch for a long time but couldn't till now. Critics tore apart the film upon release, resulting in financial loss which, sadly destroyed the career of its director and lead actor but went on to become a cult classic in later years. The story is a bit similar to Hitchcock's Psycho (which was released just few months after this one but was both a critical and commercial success!)
Peeping Tom was ahead of its times. I somehow found it more complete than Hitchcock's film. In the sense, you get to see and feel his fear and know the reason behind his weird acts. Whereas in Psycho, the viewers have to imagine what might have happened to the killer when he was a child. Neat thriller!

Thanks for bringing in Peeping Tom. Its a kind of movie that wishes to stay in your mind without your permission after viewing it. Making audience to be judgemental was quite naturally executed in the movie.

In comparison with Psycho :

Similarities : Slasher killings, First person POV, violence, voyeurism, parental connection to the mindset of the killer, follow the killer (I mean there is crime but no mystry and the suspense is the same except - see point 5)

Opposites :
1/ Peeping Tom was processed in color, whereas Psycho went for grey alone; This made Peeping tom a hand higher than Psycho merely due to the natural blood color

2/ Psycho is an american exagarated version of violence, while Peeping Tom is dramatical horror from England

3/ POV - Peeping tom gives the idea of the killer ; while Psycho shows the agony of the one getting killed. This made Psycho a inch better than Peeping tom merely for the experience of horror on screen

4/ Violence in psycho makes you unconfortable (thats the motive anyway, close your eyes but keep your ears open ... LoL), but Peeping Tom shows a killer at work making it more relative.

5/ Where Psycho completely smashes Peeping Tom, we can say a knock-out, is the twist towards the end. Peeping tom stayed true to the story by slowly introducing the psychic nature of the killer, eventhough Psycho follows the same pattern, the twist really twisted the audience.

6/ Last but not least, the sympathy quotient : Peeping Tom beats Psycho by a mile. The argument is not on "what sympathy you can have on a killer". Its the way its projected, where by the end the killer tends to take a place in our judgement, which you cannot escape to make in either of the films.

There are certainly many more points to talk about notably camera works, scripting, characters, performence, on screen design, music, direction, stunts etc., but they will become too technical for any general audience.

Peeping Tom Vs Psycho : As hattori_hanzo pointed out, Peeping Tom clearly takes the horror artistic chair, while Psycho even though closer, settles down with BO sucess.

mappi
19th August 2013, 02:37 PM
watching last 1/2 hr of "sabapathy" in murasu channel...

Thanks for the brief tit-bits on the movie. That helped a lot while watching the movie.
Thought that I cannot make it through the whole movie, but once I played it (the youtube video/sound quality is amazing for a 1941 film) in just 5 mins into the film i was already relaxing and enjoying the unintentional comedies and their delivery (timing).
Sarangapani is a gem. All the harrasements he undergoes is quite funny, espicially while reading the answer paper ... LoL

By the end, eventhough it becomes quite preachy and other stuffs (incomprehensible for our generation), the movie at no point shift from the humour.
Had a quite good feel of having watched an excellent film.

Sabapathy : Comedy-pathy

balaajee
19th August 2013, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the brief tit-bits on the movie. That helped a lot while watching the movie.
Thought that I cannot make it through the whole movie, but once I played it (the youtube video/sound quality is amazing for a 1941 film) in just 5 mins into the film i was already relaxing and enjoying the unintentional comedies and their delivery (timing).
Sarangapani is a gem. All the harrasements he undergoes is quite funny, espicially while reading the answer paper ... LoL

By the end, eventhough it becomes quite preachy and other stuffs (incomprehensible for our generation), the movie at no point shift from the humour.

Had you smelled "navarasa nayagan karthik" in "T. R. Ramachandran" acting?

mappi
19th August 2013, 03:19 PM
Well, as you have said it now, I can recollect the body jerks being a bit similar. I also think the lip movements while not uttering the words had an impact on Karthik (and your comment has a big influence on me to say these line).

But most adorable one by T.R Ramachandran was the way he rolls his eyes.

Cinemarasigan
19th August 2013, 07:00 PM

Thanks for the review, planning to watch some time this week..

mappi
20th August 2013, 08:55 PM
Chennai Express (Hindi : 2013 : 2h20m)

Directed by Rohit Shetty

Banners : Red Chillies Entertainment & UTV Motion Pictures

Starring : Shahrukh Khan & Deepika Padukone ; Cameos by Satyaraj, Priyamani (for 1 song), Delhi Ganesh & a bunch of TFI stunt and Tamil TV Serial artists

Here is Rahul, happily complaining about his life at the age of 40. One point he makes quite clear is that he is still on a lookout for a "girl" to share his life (to chorus with him the complains, I believe). Upon his grandpa's death and on the insistence by his grandma to take the 'holy" ashes and wash it out in Rameswaram, Rahul pick up his "back-bag" and sets of to finish the mission. On the way his helping attempt to save a "girl" Meenalochni back fires. She is actually a runaway (marriage-dislike-case), but our innocent Rahul got her on Chennai Express heading back to her village. It so happens that he is now chained with her as Meenalochni using the fact that Rahul does not speak Tamil, plays a pun on him by announcing to everyone that she is in love with him. Unknowingly Rahul becomes the victim not only with her father but with her arranged-fiancé too. Now it’s up to Rahul to handle everyone with his limited language knowledge and break off from the chains of Meenalochni. Can he do that or will he save Meenalochni from her father's arranged-fiancé. Oh! and don't forget the main episode - Holy ashes.

This movie received more than the attention needed. While watching the movie, I did not get a depression or sadness even though the initial views shared by few of us were pointing towards this direction. Of course there were few prickly moments, but they were not quite mischievous. At least for me. Chennai Express is basically a fun movie, and it sincerely sticks to that. Now, to the "Lungi Song" dislikes - I cannot understand why this much outrage for this song (a cheap song which not even our Johnson & Johnson ear buds would pay attention to). It’s just an individual film maker’s observation towards a dress code worn in another part of his own country. I won't call it a healthy example, but I would rest not talking about the song atall.

Coming back to the movie, the lousy jokes in the beginning make you move and start thinking whether Chennai Express was a good choice for a Saturday Evening Movies. That’s until SRK forgets his phone on the train, from here the ride is fun with all the characters. But it stops abruptly towards the end somewhere, where you start to sweat out. The preachy dialogues towards the climax should not be subjected to SRK or Rohit Shetty alone, but to Satyaraj also. He stood there as our symbol being dumb. I think instead of holding Deepika's hand, if he was holding a mike, then he could have uttered something. The film seems to be over the top colorful but just pleasant to watch it. Most of the locations have come out quite well. There is nothing to remember about "music" in the movie, even though you tend to hear some funny noises here and there.

SRK was full of energy. He almost occupies each frame. He never gets tired and hits us with his crooked smiles whenever he can. But still be brays!
Deepika, for any (normal) man, Deepika is the screen stealer. She does not allow you to look away and entirely dominated SRK whenever they are together. At least I did not take my eyes off her.
Rohit Shetty : He had spent enormous time and energy to get into the roots of the entertainers churned out of TFI. His visual sense of humour is improving quite rapidly. Even though the writers have given some funny liners, the way he had shot the scenes along with SRK's comical-performance tickles you all day long.

Chennai Express has not taken scenes and ideas from south movies. What they have done is made an idly batter just by filling the drum with the hand soaked from various south Indian films. There are so many mismatches which just add the humor quotient. That includes the makeup too. But that’s just the back drop. The main is basically on many Hindi movies, notably SRK's own. I think I can come up with some reasons to it:

1/ His earlier 3 movies were not received will by the critics. That did not go well with him. So he made rehash of his own movies making them as irreal as possible. Now the critics don't have a say, but are cornered as those were the scenes they were laureling about till date.

2/ SRK was always obsessed with TFI. His immediate rival in the international market are Tamil Films. He has a marge now, as his marketing is not only quite good but strategical too. Sorry to say that, our distributers like Ayngaran don't even send poster to the theatres. That’s our strategy! But we are seeing improvement and once skills are learnt, we are sure to take over Bollywood in international market too.

3/ SRK also have an attitude that the movies made down south are not in par with Bollywood. And he cannot actually take in the tremendous success our scripts are bringing in Bollywood. So from his end he shows what he thinks about our films. That would stay there and cannot go beyond, as our scripts and actors are much superior to them.

To give a hint : the grandpa and the chair are quite similar to Amitab and his chair in AKS. Likewise there are some many funny symbols all around the film, if you note it, you will have a good time. Chennai Express, apart from bringing out its silliness from time to time, can be enjoyed thoroughly if you have an appetite for humor.

Chennai Express : Siripu Rail

Cinemarasigan
21st August 2013, 12:55 PM
Wathched the Blu-Ray version of Thuppakki yesterday..

Enjoyed it..Did not feel that I am watching it second time.. ARM's script suits Vijay very well.. The villain Vidyut is a nice selection.

Cameo of Jayaram is a plus and comedy scenes are rightly mixed..

ARM - Vijay can think of doing a movie again..

balaajee
21st August 2013, 04:37 PM
Chennai Express sets new records, crosses Rs 150 crore mark (http://www.indianexpress.com/news/chennai-express-sets-new-records-crosses-rs-150-crore-mark/1156087/)- Indian Express

Chennai Express grosses over Rs 314 crore worldwide in just 10 days (http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/chennai-express-grosses-over-rs-314-crore-worldwide-india-today/1/300371.html)- India Today

Cinemarasigan
21st August 2013, 04:45 PM
Chennai Express grosses over Rs 314 crore worldwide in just 10 days (http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/chennai-express-grosses-over-rs-314-crore-worldwide-india-today/1/300371.html)- India Today

:shock: indha average padam-laam ivvalavu collect pannudhaa.. kodumai...

19thmay
22nd August 2013, 01:47 PM
555 - It was ok till the villain introduction adhukappuram "kolangal... kolangal" thaan! :fatigue:
Bharath why 8 packs for this story? But :bow: for the hardwork. He was good, not sure whether he can pick it up from here. Makku heroine was good too.

SoftSword
22nd August 2013, 03:06 PM
yes 555 was good in parts..
tripped in love with Miruthika... i reserve the right to open a thread and becoming thalaivar/seyalalar/thozhar/owner... all 10 steps back..

Brianengab
22nd August 2013, 03:29 PM
Do you follow hindi or you watch it with subtitles ? If you know Hindi please try to watch and let me know how you felt about the humour in GO GOA GONE.

finally watched it... i really liked the movie very much.. 2 lines story s thoroughly executed in 1 3/4 hrs..
i think it s the first zombi/scary (nt horror) movie made in indian cinema...
after watch the movie, i feel it s scary movie or comedy movie... lol..
bt oru time'la chumma zombies kaamichitte irukkumpthu , :sigh: aayiduthu...bt worth to watch..
it s surprise to c saif as mafioso..

My rating - 3.5/5... Definitively one of the best movies in the year.. :)

Dilbert
25th August 2013, 04:22 AM
MADRAS CAFE ( nothing to do with Madrasi's drinking filter coffee) it a CAFE FU FU KAPPI place in London where a really really far fetched conspiracy gets hatched to destabilize India and Conflict in SL was used as weapon BY WESTERN POWERS MA (including Austin Powers Ho Behave!!) . Its a cheap lift of Paul Greengrass movies like Green Zone, Bourne series and others..
really really not sure why so much hungama for this movie , which would have failed anyways. As another hubber pointed out , Tamil Nadu- is the best place to market ANYTHING.

If possible Avoid watching this movie in Theater !

As a movie goer it was a comedy movie to see Madurai Police Singams , in Mumbai Police attire :sigh2:

Mr.Abragam forget about doing research on Movie's Factual substances, you can't even create a decent backdrops for your scenes??

John Abragam and Rising Sun Production :notworthy:

NOV
25th August 2013, 06:25 PM
DESINGU RAJA - mindless silly fun.... so stupid that its so funny :rotfl:
Dont watch it ... more than once :rotfl2:

HonestRaj
25th August 2013, 07:49 PM
PATTATHTHU YAANAI

Santhanam :rotfl3:
mylsamy :lol:

Cinemarasigan
26th August 2013, 11:54 AM
PATTATHTHU YAANAI

Santhanam :rotfl3:
mylsamy :lol:

idhellam OK, padam eppdi?

balaajee
26th August 2013, 12:08 PM

Worst of Boopathy Pandian...

Brianengab
26th August 2013, 12:10 PM
Sonna Puriyaathu..

Wt s the new thing the movie coming to say... Version 2 of Dum (3)... oru thadava kooda paakka mudiyathu.. naan parthutten... :sigh:

My rating - 2/5

narayanan
26th August 2013, 07:31 PM
Sonna Puriyaathu..
oru thadava kooda paakka mudiyathu.. naan parthutten... :sigh:

My rating - 2/5
They've warned you by the title itself. Neenga dhaan purinjukkanumnu aasapatteenga :-P

HonestRaj
27th August 2013, 12:29 AM

"malaikoattai" rehash..
must watch for Santhanam.. 1st half dominated by Santhanam..
after a long time i laughed my heart out for most of his scenes...

Brianengab
27th August 2013, 02:50 PM
They've warned you by the title itself. Neenga dhaan purinjukkanumnu aasapatteenga :-P

chumma paarkkirathu kaasa panama... bt i wont forget the movie '9la guru'... :twisted: kodumaiyaana movie...

balaajee
27th August 2013, 02:57 PM
chumma paarkkirathu kaasa panama... bt i wont forget the movie '9la guru'... :twisted: kodumaiyaana movie...

Movie ended with to be continued.....

Brianengab
27th August 2013, 03:03 PM
Movie ended with to be continued.....

Warning for those who watched.. :lol:

interz
29th August 2013, 06:48 PM
Baadshah - JR. Ntr's predictable movie.

Its plain old revenge as we know it. Hero kills the villain due to loss in family and marries a girl who has a nutty family.

The movie was worth watching for comedy by Bramanandham. He steals the show in 2nd half. 1st half was very ordinary. Inception/Aarambam comedy was hilarious.

Kajal was bubbly in 1st half and reduced to d cameo appearance in 2nd half. She looked more pale than white female dancers IMO in all the songs. I wonder if the director doesnt like desi girls... No female desi dancers in the songs, I noticed with interest.

Another thing that made me watch the movie was the dance by JR Ntr. Only Allu Arjun can dance equally good as JR Ntr in South India.

ajaybaskar
29th August 2013, 11:16 PM
Desingu Raja

'Leave your brains at home' kind of movie.. Worth a watch, thanks to Soori,Singam Puli and Ravi Maria/Vinu Chakravarthy's gangnam dance.

uruzalari
30th August 2013, 07:25 PM
Thanga Meengal - Another sincere attempt but it was too melodramatic for me, especially the second half.

Brianengab
31st August 2013, 12:09 PM
D-Day

A perfect spy thriller film by nikhil advani..The perfect execution of the plan to catch rishi kapoor in the pre-climax scene made the film worthy...i lik irfan khan character.. gud selection..shruthi character s no need in the story though gud acting.. The first 30 mins nd pre-climax scenes r :thumbsup:..Huma qureshi s luking lik namitha :oops:.. Nasser nd arjun also did gud job.. especially nasser expression when helpless to catch rishi :thumbsup:

My rating - 3/5... Must watch

interz
31st August 2013, 11:40 PM
Iron Man 3 (on dvd)

Another action movie on par with Avengers, Thor, and other Superhero movies. Robert Downey Jr. is stunning again with his comic remarks as well as action. The time moved pretty fast, those 125 minutes felt like 5 minutes. I am not sure if they will make Iron Man 4, there was no indication of that IMO. Although I am looking forward to watch Iron Man again in Avengers 2.

interz
1st September 2013, 06:16 PM
Desingu Raja - royal flop.

Except D. Imaans songs nothing good about the movie esp Ammadi, Pom pom, Oru ora ora parvai are top notch. This movie is on par with Manam kothi paravai, KBKR.

Dilbert
1st September 2013, 10:40 PM
Desingu Raja - royal flop.

Except D. Imaans songs nothing good about the movie esp Ammadi, Pom pom, Oru ora ora parvai are top notch. This movie is on par with Manam kothi paravai, KBKR.

Floppa?? whats wrong with Tamil audiences these days. It was much refreshing comedy experience for me atleast. Laughed my heart out after really really long time.

Don't you think , it was way better than seeing our superstar(s) making Gay-ish gestures in the name of separate comedy track !

interz
2nd September 2013, 02:10 AM
Glad you enjoyed it. I couldnt enjoy this movie. Two rival cities, and the fairest guy and the fairest girl falls in love and they will unite at the end after some romance fight sorrow and climax.

One thing that bothers me a lot lately in the movies: Why do dons and their henchmen always wear white shirts in most movies? Oru vellai shirtukku advertise pannurathukku limit illaiya?

Brianengab
2nd September 2013, 11:54 AM
Prema katha chitram (Telugu)

Horror cum comedy script..i thoroughly enjoyed the film..4 people (3 men + 1 gal) decided to suicide due to their respective live failures..they r decided to go to a bungalow to satisfy their wish (suicide)..2 of them s planned to postpone their suicide plan for 3 days in order to impress the hero to fall in luv wit heroine..the plan s work out nd wt s happening @ the end of 3rd day s crux of the story..

a ghost enters heroine body whenever hero s touching/hugging her..who s tat ghost nd wt s her desire s the climax scene..

already heard story in the past bt the way the making made worthy
though ther s no star power in the movie, pleasant to watch the movie..I came to knw tat hero s the cousin of mahesh babu..heroine s very charming..

My rating - 3/5… Must watch for ghost movie luvers..

mappi
2nd September 2013, 03:07 PM
I like 'Pei Padams'. Will try to watch this movie - Prema Katha Chitram & thanks for the infos.

Brianengab
2nd September 2013, 03:13 PM
ya u wil lik the movie mappi... ghost wil cum only before interval... til nw, sum entertainment here nd there...
after interval, the movie s engaged to pleasant watch.. sum fun/comedy moments s also there..
u cn watch.. wont disappoint u.. :)

SoftSword
2nd September 2013, 06:10 PM
desingu raja - borefest
vimal has already past his expiry date...

Raajjaa
2nd September 2013, 06:19 PM
போன சனிக்கிழமை நாயகன் படத்தை k டிவியில் ஒளி பரப்பினார்கள்.

எத்தனையோ தடவை பார்த்தாச்சு. இருந்தாலும் புதியதாக பார்ப்பது போல் உடம்பெல்லாம் புல்லரிக்கிறது.

குறைந்தது 100 வயது வரையாவது நடித்து எங்களை சந்தோசப் படுத்தணும்மையா.

balaajee
2nd September 2013, 07:20 PM
desingu raja - borefest

very true.

Dilbert
3rd September 2013, 04:52 AM
ya u wil lik the movie mappi... ghost wil cum only before interval... til nw, sum entertainment here nd there...
after interval, the movie s engaged to pleasant watch.. sum fun/comedy moments s also there..
u cn watch.. wont disappoint u.. :)

Ghost really cums after Interval ? :shock: Sutham

Dilbert
3rd September 2013, 04:55 AM
desingu raja - borefest

for me highlight was running commentary of that fat guy eating his lunch !! I lost it :rotfl2: therupee kari kulambu keakaran boss !!.

interz
5th September 2013, 04:57 PM
Shadow (telugu) - Lost in darkness.

This has to be worst Venkatesh movie I seen ever. Story was poor and predictable. The story reminded me a little of Aadhi. In Aadhi, Trisha was on mission to kill the ones who killed her family. Tapsee was in the movie and showed more skin than acting capabilities. I hope for her career she will choose better scripts. Otherwise she will be another Freeyamani, who doesnt get a footheld in any cinefields.

The director took the easy route and didnt try any fresh ideas. He was probably hoping Venkatesh had stardom enough to make this a success.

When will directors learn no matter how big the star is a good screenplay and story is the key to success?

balaajee
5th September 2013, 05:14 PM
Shadow (telugu) - Lost in darkness.

This has to be worst Venkatesh movie I seen ever. Story was poor and predictable. The story reminded me a little of Aadhi. In Aadhi, Trisha was on mission to kill the ones who killed her family. Tapsee was in the movie and showed more skin than acting capabilities. I hope for her career she will choose better scripts. Otherwise she will be another Freeyamani, who doesnt get a footheld in any cinefields.

The director took the easy route and didnt try any fresh ideas. He was probably hoping Venkatesh had stardom enough to make this a success.

When will directors learn no matter how big the star is a good screenplay and story is the key to success?

Adhi is remake of a telugu movie- "Athanokkade"

HonestRaj
5th September 2013, 10:29 PM
SONNA PURIYADHU
- aarambathula OK level'la irundhadhu... poga poga mokkai aakittanga

balaajee
6th September 2013, 10:39 AM
SONNA PURIYADHU

Where u ok with first 5mins- that north indian party scene?

uruzalari
6th September 2013, 04:58 PM
Varuthapadadha Vaalibar Sangam - A decent time pass from debutant Ponram. Going by the response in the theater it is another hit for Sivakarthikeyan

Parthyy
6th September 2013, 05:40 PM
SONNA PURIYADHU

Aww...It found it genuinely funny except that last 30 minutes drag

HonestRaj
7th September 2013, 10:43 PM
Where u ok with first 5mins- that north indian party scene?

rosa hei dhil me rosa hei :lol:
I like Siva's way of lazy acting,dialogue delivery.. he is much better than the likes of sivakarthikeyan in bringing out the humour..
i was ok with the film

ecureuhapis
7th September 2013, 11:48 PM
jallikattu - good entertainment. must be during sathyaraj's peak. movie is all about him even with sivaji being there. normal revenge drama with the genius addition of sathyaraj's old character roles.

NOV
8th September 2013, 07:47 AM
Ambikapathy

Skinny Danush's name in the film is Gundan :rotfl:
Romantic movie turns into political movie ... :roll:
some surprises, but the scenes do not sync - is this how typical hindi cinema is? Which means Tamil cinema is miles ahead of Hindi cinema :boo:
OK for one time watch... strictly for Danush

Mahen
8th September 2013, 07:54 AM
Example of scenes that do not sync?..many dialogues were muted :evil: not sure if its astro or originally muted..hindi ellam mute illai

NOV
8th September 2013, 08:03 AM
it was astro - our super sensitive astro muted all Islamic phrases :roll:

HonestRaj
8th September 2013, 09:58 AM
Ambikapathy

his name is "kundhan"

ajaybaskar
8th September 2013, 10:02 AM
Varuthappadatha Vaalibar Sangam

Probably the first SivaK movie I enjoyed watching. SivaK,Soori,Sathyaraj stole the show. Worth a watch..

mappi
8th September 2013, 12:08 PM
not sure if its astro or originally muted..hindi ellam mute illai

it was astro - our super sensitive astro muted all Islamic phrases :roll:

What is astro, please ? and how is it related to "mutes" ?
(I have not watched this movie, will skip it)

Tamil cinema is miles ahead of Hindi cinema

I second that

balaajee
8th September 2013, 12:26 PM

Probably the first SivaK movie I enjoyed watching. SivaK,Soori,Sathyaraj stole the show. Worth a watch..

sivakarthikeyan have improved a lot....Can't think of a substitute for his role...

balaajee
8th September 2013, 12:31 PM
Ambikapathy

Romantic movie turns into political movie ... :roll:
some surprises, but the scenes do not sync - is this how typical hindi cinema is? Which means Tamil cinema is miles ahead of Hindi cinema :boo:
OK for one time watch... strictly for Danush

Just by serving Tea to all he becomes a leader??????

NOV
8th September 2013, 04:58 PM
What is astro, please ? and how is it related to "mutes" ?Astro is our Malaysian satellite operator. It is showing Ambikapathy in its pay tv :lol:

Just by serving Tea to all he becomes a leader??????:lol:
how did the film do in north and south?

Mahen
8th September 2013, 05:10 PM
super hit..crossed> 100c

VinodKumar's
8th September 2013, 05:16 PM

I couldn't enjoy the movie. Here and there comedies were good.

Ippolam 2hrs lollusabha + 5 songs = Comedy padam nu aagiruchu ... Heroine first padathuku nalla pannirunthuchu ... Soori Vadivelu road-ku kodu potukittu irukaapala ... Satyaraj was good ...

Brianengab
8th September 2013, 05:26 PM
super hit..crossed> 100c

worldwide collection s 100 cr.. india bo colleciton s around 60 cr :)

interz
8th September 2013, 07:14 PM
Varuthapadatha valibar sangam - varuthapadamal paarkalam

Another light comedy movie a la MKP, KBKR. Watchable untill climax. The climax was pretty silly. All the build up in the movie leading to a silly climax is a major minus.

Sivakarthikeyan didnt let down, and didnt impress either. Parotta Soori and Sivakarthikyan has good chemistry. The intro scenes of valibar scenes were pretty funny.

Sri Divya reminds me too much of Regina in KBKR. I hope this is her only tamil movie. Too many ordinary looking girls as heroines is too much to handle.

D. Imman is rocking once again. Im not saying this because he is composing music and songs in Jilla. All songs in this movie are pretty catchy. My favourite is still "Ootha color ribbon".

I hope this is another hit movie for Sivakarthikeyan. Its not often Tv star can make it big in Cinema industry. I hope he will break that barrier.

HonestRaj
8th September 2013, 08:26 PM
Ippolam 2hrs lollusabha + 5 songs = Comedy padam nu aagiruchu ...

yes.. very sad state..& i'm not even remembering the comedies of recent times.. it becomes like see & forget...

rsubras
9th September 2013, 03:46 PM
Its not often Tv star can make it big in Cinema industry. I hope he will break that barrier.

Maddy was a TV anchor before Alaipayuthe... Santhanam's roots are very well known....... Vivek made it big in movies after making a mark in TV serials, D.Imman serials ku music pottathula hit aagi Cinema vanthavar..... ippadi niraya sollalam

uruzalari
13th September 2013, 05:31 PM
Moodar koodam - Very different film.... On the lines of Neram ...

aceqoxim
15th September 2013, 04:03 AM
Watched Sonna puriyathu. Don't know what's it about Shiva but he tickles my funny bone. Loved the twist. Post interval drags a bit but it's definitely watchable.

Now VVS on the other hand, was a borefest. It's sad to see what passes as comedy these days (Please refer azhaguraja trailer) Shiva disappoints again after a horrible KBKR and an average ethirneechal. Suri was the saving grace.

HonestRaj
15th September 2013, 01:46 PM
Watched Sonna puriyathu. Don't know what's it about Shiva but he tickles my funny bone. Loved the twist. Post interval drags a bit but it's definitely watchable.

Now VVS on the other hand, was a borefest. It's sad to see what passes as comedy these days (Please refer azhaguraja trailer) Shiva disappoints again after a horrible KBKR and an average ethirneechal. Suri was the saving grace.

i think we both share same kind of taste...
had same experience for sonna puriyathu & siva's humour...

haven't seen VVS... but sivak is a big bore for me...

Mahen
20th September 2013, 02:54 PM
6 - semi mokkai..Director made some good films before such as mugavari/nepali, so konjam expectation irunthuchi..Story is abt a 6 year old being kidnapped by a child kidnapping gumbal..Father goes all over INdia to look for him..In btw unnecessary getup change for god knows what reason (national award?)..If Shaam shaved his facial hair maybe his son could have recognised him in the climax :lol2: Shaam is good looking and should do breezy roles..FAther role ellam no way..

uruzalari
20th September 2013, 02:58 PM
Ya ya - I felt 'No No' at many places while watching the movie.....

balaajee
20th September 2013, 03:56 PM
6 - semi mokkai..Director made some good films before such as mugavari/nepali, so konjam expectation irunthuchi..Story is abt a 6 year old being kidnapped by a child kidnapping gumbal..Father goes all over INdia to look for him..In btw unnecessary getup change for god knows what reason (national award?)..If Shaam shaved his facial hair maybe his son could have recognised him in the climax :lol2: Shaam is good looking and should do breezy roles..FAther role ellam no way..

Ya ya - I felt 'No No' at many places while watching the movie.....

6 & Ya Ya looks bad week...hope Atlee & Myskin saves their show next week....

PARAMASHIVAN
20th September 2013, 04:01 PM
Varuthapadatha vaalibar sangam is a laugh riot !!

balaajee
20th September 2013, 04:09 PM
மூடர்கூடம் - சினிமா விமர்சனம்முட்டாள் திருடர்கள் கூடினால்... அது 'மூடர்கூடம்!’
வேலை இல்லாத, அடுத்த வேளை உணவுக்கு வழி இல்லாத நான்கு 'திடீர் நண்பர்கள்’ முதல் முறையாகக் கொள்ளையடிக்கச் சென்றபோது, என்ன நடந்தது என்பதே கதை!
தமிழில் மிக அரிதான 'ப்ளாக் ஹியூமர்’ சினிமாவை தன் அறிமுகப் படைப்பாக இயக்கி, அதில் ஃப்ரேமுக்கு ஃப்ரேம் சிந்திக்கவைக்கும் சிரிப்பு வசனங்களைப் புதைத்து அட்டகாசப் படுத்திய இயக்குநர் நவீன், 'நம்பிக்கை இயக்குநர்கள்’ பட்டியலில் இடம் பிடிக்கிறார்!
சார்லி சாப்ளினின் மௌனப் படப் பாணி கதை சொல்லல், ஒவ்வொரு கதாபாத்திரத்தையும் அதன் பிரத்யேக இயல்பை வைத்தே ஈர்க்கச்செய்தது, நாய்க்கும் பொம்மைக்கும்கூட 'முன்கதைச் சுருக்கம்’ வைத்தது, தீவிர நாடக பாணியை சிரிப்பு சினிமாவில் சேர்த்தது, 'இன்னார் ஹீரோ... இன்னார் வில்லன்’ என்று சொல்ல முடியாமல் ஒவ்வொருவர் மீதும் கதையின் கனத்தை ஏற்றியது, தன்னைக் கடத்தியவன் மீதே கனிவுகொள்ளும் 'ஸ்டாக்ஹோம் சிண்ட்ரோம்’ விளைவை ஓர் அறியாப் பருவ சிறுமி மனதில் விதைத்தது... கலகலக் கலக்கல் மூடர் படை!

http://cdnw.vikatan.com/av/2013/09/zwyzju/images/p10.jpgநான்கு மூடர்களில் அதிகம் கவர்கிறார் சென்றாயன். தனக்கிடப்பட்ட ஒவ்வொரு அசைன்மென்ட்டையும் சொதப்பிவிட்டு கெத்துப் பார்வை காட்டுவதும், ஓவியாவிடம் உருகி வழிவதுமாக தியேட்டரை அதிர வைக்கிறார். புத்திசாலி முட்டாளாக இயக்குநர் நவீன். திருட்டு அசைன்மென்ட்டில் ஆரம்பம் முதலே நண்பர்கள் சொதப்ப, கோபத்தை அடக்கிக்கொண்டு, 'அப்ப ட்ரை பண்ணுங்க சென்றாயன்... எடுத்தவுடனே தெரியாதுனு சொல்லாதீங்க’ என்று லாஜிக் வகுப்பு எடுக்கும் இடங்களில் ஜொலிக்கிறார்.
வினோதமான ரப்பர் உடையுடன், 'காரணம் உணர்வுப்பூர்வமா இருந்தா, எவ்வளவு சின்ன வேலையா இருந்தாலும் செய்வேன். ஏன்னா, இதுவும் என் ஜாப் எத்திக்ஸ்’ எனும் பாபி தேஜாய், 'என்னைப் பார்த்தா ஒரு சாயல்ல ரஜினி மாதிரி இருக்கு... இன்னொரு சாயல்ல கமல் மாதிரி இருக்கு... ஏதாவது ஒரு சாயல்ல முட்டாள் மாதிரி இருக்கா?’ என்று 'தமிழ் பேசும்’ வட இந்திய தாதா, 'அப்பா குளிச்சுட்டு இருக்காங்க... நீங்க வரும்போது எனக்கு ஐஸ்க்ரீம், சாக்லேட், பூரி... அப்புறம்...’ என்று போனில் குழையும் குழந்தை ரிந்தியா சிவபாலன், அத்தனை பேரையும் அதட்டும் நவீனையே, பதறச்செய்யும் 'திடுக்’ பார்வைகளை வீசும் மானசா மது, 'என்னை நம்பிக் குடுத்த முதல் பொறுப்பு இது. நான் இதை ஒழுங்கா முடிக்கணும்’ என்று சூளுரைக்கும் சதீஷ், ஏக உதார்விட்டு பிறகு உச்சாவிடும் ஆட்டோ குமார் சஞ்சீவி என ஒவ்வொரு கதாபாத்திரமும் செம!
'என்னது, சின்னக் கஞ்சாப் பொட்டலம் 400 ரூபாயா? இந்த நாட்டுல இதைத் தட்டிக்கேக்க யாருமே இல்லையா?’,'எடுக்கிறவன் மட்டுமில்லை... எடுக்கவிடாமத் தடுக்கிறவனும் திருடன் தான்’, 'தமிழ் தெரியாத இங்கிலீஷ்காரன்கிட்ட தமிழ்ல பேசக் கூடாதுன்னு தெரிஞ்ச உனக்கு, இங்கிலீஷ் தெரியாத பச்சைத் தமிழன்கிட்ட இங்கிலீஷ் பேசக் கூடாதுன்னு ஏன்டா தெரியலை?’, 'மொழிப்பற்று நல்ல விஷயம்தான். ஆனா, அதைப் பத்திப் பேச இதுவா நேரம்?’, 'ஒண்ணுக்கைக்கூட கன்ட்ரோல் பண்ணத் தெரியாதவன், ஒரு ஏரியாவையே எப்படிடா கன்ட்ரோல் பண்ணுவான்?’, 'சுடுறதுக்குத்தான்டா துப்பாக்கி வேணும். சுட மாட்டேன்னு சொல்றதுக்குக்கூடவா துப்பாக்கி வேணும்?’, 'இப்போ உங்களை யாரும் ஹீரோன்னு சொன்னாங்களா பாஸ்?’, 'வழி நம்ம முன்னாடிதான் இருக்கு... நாமதான் நடக்கணும்!’ - ஒரே வரியில் சிரிக்கவைத்தாலும், பல இடங்களில் பளிச் சிந்தனைகளைப் புதைத்திருக்கும் நவீனின் வசனமே படத்தின் நாயகன்!

http://cdnw.vikatan.com/av/2013/09/zwyzju/images/p10h.jpgஜெயப்பிரகாஷின் மகன் அடிவாங்குவதை காமெடியாக்கி, சட்டென ஒரு திருப்பத்தில் அவன் மேல் பரிதாபம் கொள்ளச் செய்யும் அத்தியாயம், மாயக் கிளியில் புதைந்திருக்கும் அரக்கனின் உயிர் போல, தட்டிக்கொண்டிருக்கும் பந்தில் ஒளிந்திருக்கும் வாழ்க்கை, சர்க்கரை நோயாளி அடியாள், ஏழை - பணக்காரன் வித்தியாசத்தின் ஊற்றுக்கண் எனப் போகிறபோக்கில் பல கதைகள் பேசிச் செல்கிறது திரைக்கதை!
ஒவ்வொரு 'முன்கதைச் சுருக்கமும்’ சுவாரஸ்யம்தான். ஆனால், அதற்காக கடைசிக் காட்சி வரை அவற்றை அடுக்கிக்கொண்டே இருக்க வேண்டுமா? 'நியூ லைன் சினிமா’ முயற்சியில், 'சிக்-கிக்’ ஓவியா கதாபாத்திரம்... கமர்ஷியல் திணிப்பு.
ஒரே கூடத்தில் நடக்கும் கதையை உற்சாகமாகக் கண்களுக்குக் கடத்துகிறது டோனி சானின் ஒளிப்பதிவு. நடராஜன் சங்கரனின் பின்னணி இசை, பெட்டர் ஸ்கோர்!
படத்தின் இறுதி வரை கோலிவுட் இலக்கணத்தில் சிக்காமல் பயணிக்கும் படம், கடைசியில் ஆபரேஷனுக்கு உதவி, பொம்மையில் வைரம் எனப் பழகிய பாதைக்கே திரும்புகிறது.
தன் அழுக்குச் சட்டையைக்கூட கழற்றிக் கொடுக்கும் எளிய மனிதர்களின் அன்பைப் பேசுவதில் டிஸ்டிங்ஷனில் தேர்வாகிறார்கள் மூடர்கள்!

ajipdhej
20th September 2013, 04:33 PM
" Varuthapadatha vaalibar sangam is a laugh riot !! ......"

INHO , yes I agree with you , especially the dialogue delivery of sathyaraj, though his portion is little .

19thmay
20th September 2013, 05:37 PM
Moodarkoodam 50 marks-a? :-o ... let me watch it this weekend.

NOV
20th September 2013, 05:44 PM
I found VVS over rated. Laughs here and there but not exactly rotfl
Sivakarthikeyan remains a cardboard and cannot become a real hero :roll: Soori was much better as a comedian. Sathyaraj continues being a caricature (carried from Nanban days)
Only the heroines are worth watching :lol2:

but oodhaa.... is too catchy and addictive.... meow

19thmay
20th September 2013, 05:48 PM
Why no one is spelling it as oodha? 't' venaamey! :devil:

NOV
20th September 2013, 06:03 PM
ok :)

Hey purple ribbon lady, tell me who's your daddy...

CEDYBLUE
20th September 2013, 06:09 PM
I found VVS over rated. Laughs here and there but not exactly rotfl
Sivakarthikeyan remains a cardboard and cannot become a real hero :roll: Soori was much better as a comedian. Sathyaraj continues being a caricature (carried from Nanban days)
Only the heroines are worth watching :lol2:

but oodhaa.... is too catchy and addictive.... meow

+1
Found it to be boring expect for a few one-liners.

mappi
20th September 2013, 06:12 PM
Hey purple ribbon lady, tell me who's your daddy...

I don't know why, my mind mixed these lyrics in Shaggy's Hey sexy lady ... LoL

NOV
20th September 2013, 06:17 PM
I don't know why, my mind mixed these lyrics in Shaggy's Hey sexy lady ... LoL
luckily not gangnam :hahaha:

19thmay
20th September 2013, 06:30 PM
NOV - You are right, heroine is beautiful!!

NOV
20th September 2013, 06:42 PM
NOV - You are right, heroine is beautiful!!heroines ;)

mappi
20th September 2013, 07:07 PM
Name please ... Sridivya is 1 who is the other ?

NOV
20th September 2013, 07:16 PM
Name please ... Sridivya is 1 who is the other ?she acted as heroine in Desingu Raja and oru saayalla looks like Silk Smitha :)

mappi
20th September 2013, 07:30 PM
We are on the same wagon Novji and 19thmayji.

Dilbert
21st September 2013, 07:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX_H9PjlaZs

sanskrit !! :notworthy:

uruzalari
21st September 2013, 05:36 PM
6 - Liked the film ...... was engaging...... tremendous physical strain put in by Shaam .....

k_vanan
21st September 2013, 08:40 PM
Ethir neechal.. don't know why so much build-up for this stupid movie by dhanush :sigh2:

HonestRaj
21st September 2013, 09:40 PM
Desingu Raja

- mokkai padam
- couple of songs were good to listen
- parotta suri ... takes the route of santhanam... santhanam copies gounder.. soori copies vadivelu

gane14
21st September 2013, 09:54 PM
Desingu Raja

- mokkai padam
- couple of songs were good to listen
- parotta suri ... takes the route of santhanam... santhanam copies gounder.. soori copies vadivelu

same thoughts, and the way the ended the movie :banghead:

HonestRaj
22nd September 2013, 07:06 PM
Aadhalal Kaadhal Seiveer

- first 10mins or so is very oridnary.. then story picks speed...
- good thing is, film is just 1 & 1/2 hrs length..
- can be considered as a prequel to Puthiya Padhai
- nothing is going to change even after these kind of films

HonestRaj
22nd September 2013, 07:07 PM
same thoughts, and the way the ended the movie :banghead:

its time to forget a director called as Ezhil

NOV
22nd September 2013, 07:31 PM
I think Desingu Raja was fun. :p

mappi
22nd September 2013, 07:56 PM
antha smiley pinnadi enna oligikittu irruku-nu therium Nov. Aduthathu fruit market-thaan world's 8th wonder-nu solluvinga-num theriyum.
Vinu Chakravarthi Gangnam Style was a killer.

balaajee
22nd September 2013, 07:58 PM
I think Desingu Raja was fun. :p

Opinion Differs....

elsaen11
22nd September 2013, 08:58 PM
Ya Ya : Ada poya :angry: worstttt to d core. STOP SHITTING IN THIS COMEDY GENRE.

smaiitm
22nd September 2013, 10:05 PM
Watched Modhi Velyadu:
Liked it overall. Kajal Agarwal is quite a package in this movie. Two nice songs.

interz
23rd September 2013, 12:26 AM
Ya Ya - Po Yaa

I could find some entertaining moments in the movie. But wholly the movie dissapoints but not as much as Sonna Puriyathu. Mirchi Shiva seem to have same voice modulation througout the movie, I cant tell when he is happy, sad, funny, serious etc. Santhanam is witty as usual. I wish he tried some different type of comedy though. Dhansika is hot, she doesnt act very much though. Throughout the movie I felt like it watching a Rajesh movie. Then I found out later after watching the movie director rajasekhar has been working for director Rajesh. Now the movie made perfect sense. Less story, more comedy, but in the long run it will not work.

This movie is not the worst movie of the year. The worst movie in 2013 is still Onbathila Guru!

NOV
24th September 2013, 12:04 PM
Ya Ya - what a pathetic excuse for a movie.
Endha thairiyatthula padam edukkuraanunga :argh:
Definitely the worst movie of the year.
And I am not going to watch Siva's movie again. Ever.

Cinemarasigan
24th September 2013, 12:49 PM
மூடர்கூடம் - சினிமா விமர்சனம்முட்டாள் திருடர்கள் கூடினால்... அது 'மூடர்கூடம்!’
வேலை இல்லாத, அடுத்த வேளை உணவுக்கு வழி இல்லாத நான்கு 'திடீர் நண்பர்கள்’ முதல் முறையாகக் கொள்ளையடிக்கச் சென்றபோது, என்ன நடந்தது என்பதே கதை!
தமிழில் மிக அரிதான 'ப்ளாக் ஹியூமர்’ சினிமாவை தன் அறிமுகப் படைப்பாக இயக்கி, அதில் ஃப்ரேமுக்கு ஃப்ரேம் சிந்திக்கவைக்கும் சிரிப்பு வசனங்களைப் புதைத்து அட்டகாசப் படுத்திய இயக்குநர் நவீன், 'நம்பிக்கை இயக்குநர்கள்’ பட்டியலில் இடம் பிடிக்கிறார்!
சார்லி சாப்ளினின் மௌனப் படப் பாணி கதை சொல்லல், ஒவ்வொரு கதாபாத்திரத்தையும் அதன் பிரத்யேக இயல்பை வைத்தே ஈர்க்கச்செய்தது, நாய்க்கும் பொம்மைக்கும்கூட 'முன்கதைச் சுருக்கம்’ வைத்தது, தீவிர நாடக பாணியை சிரிப்பு சினிமாவில் சேர்த்தது, 'இன்னார் ஹீரோ... இன்னார் வில்லன்’ என்று சொல்ல முடியாமல் ஒவ்வொருவர் மீதும் கதையின் கனத்தை ஏற்றியது, தன்னைக் கடத்தியவன் மீதே கனிவுகொள்ளும் 'ஸ்டாக்ஹோம் சிண்ட்ரோம்’ விளைவை ஓர் அறியாப் பருவ சிறுமி மனதில் விதைத்தது... கலகலக் கலக்கல் மூடர் படை!

http://cdnw.vikatan.com/av/2013/09/zwyzju/images/p10.jpgநான்கு மூடர்களில் அதிகம் கவர்கிறார் சென்றாயன். தனக்கிடப்பட்ட ஒவ்வொரு அசைன்மென்ட்டையும் சொதப்பிவிட்டு கெத்துப் பார்வை காட்டுவதும், ஓவியாவிடம் உருகி வழிவதுமாக தியேட்டரை அதிர வைக்கிறார். புத்திசாலி முட்டாளாக இயக்குநர் நவீன். திருட்டு அசைன்மென்ட்டில் ஆரம்பம் முதலே நண்பர்கள் சொதப்ப, கோபத்தை அடக்கிக்கொண்டு, 'அப்ப ட்ரை பண்ணுங்க சென்றாயன்... எடுத்தவுடனே தெரியாதுனு சொல்லாதீங்க’ என்று லாஜிக் வகுப்பு எடுக்கும் இடங்களில் ஜொலிக்கிறார்.
வினோதமான ரப்பர் உடையுடன், 'காரணம் உணர்வுப்பூர்வமா இருந்தா, எவ்வளவு சின்ன வேலையா இருந்தாலும் செய்வேன். ஏன்னா, இதுவும் என் ஜாப் எத்திக்ஸ்’ எனும் பாபி தேஜாய், 'என்னைப் பார்த்தா ஒரு சாயல்ல ரஜினி மாதிரி இருக்கு... இன்னொரு சாயல்ல கமல் மாதிரி இருக்கு... ஏதாவது ஒரு சாயல்ல முட்டாள் மாதிரி இருக்கா?’ என்று 'தமிழ் பேசும்’ வட இந்திய தாதா, 'அப்பா குளிச்சுட்டு இருக்காங்க... நீங்க வரும்போது எனக்கு ஐஸ்க்ரீம், சாக்லேட், பூரி... அப்புறம்...’ என்று போனில் குழையும் குழந்தை ரிந்தியா சிவபாலன், அத்தனை பேரையும் அதட்டும் நவீனையே, பதறச்செய்யும் 'திடுக்’ பார்வைகளை வீசும் மானசா மது, 'என்னை நம்பிக் குடுத்த முதல் பொறுப்பு இது. நான் இதை ஒழுங்கா முடிக்கணும்’ என்று சூளுரைக்கும் சதீஷ், ஏக உதார்விட்டு பிறகு உச்சாவிடும் ஆட்டோ குமார் சஞ்சீவி என ஒவ்வொரு கதாபாத்திரமும் செம!
'என்னது, சின்னக் கஞ்சாப் பொட்டலம் 400 ரூபாயா? இந்த நாட்டுல இதைத் தட்டிக்கேக்க யாருமே இல்லையா?’,'எடுக்கிறவன் மட்டுமில்லை... எடுக்கவிடாமத் தடுக்கிறவனும் திருடன் தான்’, 'தமிழ் தெரியாத இங்கிலீஷ்காரன்கிட்ட தமிழ்ல பேசக் கூடாதுன்னு தெரிஞ்ச உனக்கு, இங்கிலீஷ் தெரியாத பச்சைத் தமிழன்கிட்ட இங்கிலீஷ் பேசக் கூடாதுன்னு ஏன்டா தெரியலை?’, 'மொழிப்பற்று நல்ல விஷயம்தான். ஆனா, அதைப் பத்திப் பேச இதுவா நேரம்?’, 'ஒண்ணுக்கைக்கூட கன்ட்ரோல் பண்ணத் தெரியாதவன், ஒரு ஏரியாவையே எப்படிடா கன்ட்ரோல் பண்ணுவான்?’, 'சுடுறதுக்குத்தான்டா துப்பாக்கி வேணும். சுட மாட்டேன்னு சொல்றதுக்குக்கூடவா துப்பாக்கி வேணும்?’, 'இப்போ உங்களை யாரும் ஹீரோன்னு சொன்னாங்களா பாஸ்?’, 'வழி நம்ம முன்னாடிதான் இருக்கு... நாமதான் நடக்கணும்!’ - ஒரே வரியில் சிரிக்கவைத்தாலும், பல இடங்களில் பளிச் சிந்தனைகளைப் புதைத்திருக்கும் நவீனின் வசனமே படத்தின் நாயகன்!

http://cdnw.vikatan.com/av/2013/09/zwyzju/images/p10h.jpgஜெயப்பிரகாஷின் மகன் அடிவாங்குவதை காமெடியாக்கி, சட்டென ஒரு திருப்பத்தில் அவன் மேல் பரிதாபம் கொள்ளச் செய்யும் அத்தியாயம், மாயக் கிளியில் புதைந்திருக்கும் அரக்கனின் உயிர் போல, தட்டிக்கொண்டிருக்கும் பந்தில் ஒளிந்திருக்கும் வாழ்க்கை, சர்க்கரை நோயாளி அடியாள், ஏழை - பணக்காரன் வித்தியாசத்தின் ஊற்றுக்கண் எனப் போகிறபோக்கில் பல கதைகள் பேசிச் செல்கிறது திரைக்கதை!
ஒவ்வொரு 'முன்கதைச் சுருக்கமும்’ சுவாரஸ்யம்தான். ஆனால், அதற்காக கடைசிக் காட்சி வரை அவற்றை அடுக்கிக்கொண்டே இருக்க வேண்டுமா? 'நியூ லைன் சினிமா’ முயற்சியில், 'சிக்-கிக்’ ஓவியா கதாபாத்திரம்... கமர்ஷியல் திணிப்பு.
ஒரே கூடத்தில் நடக்கும் கதையை உற்சாகமாகக் கண்களுக்குக் கடத்துகிறது டோனி சானின் ஒளிப்பதிவு. நடராஜன் சங்கரனின் பின்னணி இசை, பெட்டர் ஸ்கோர்!
படத்தின் இறுதி வரை கோலிவுட் இலக்கணத்தில் சிக்காமல் பயணிக்கும் படம், கடைசியில் ஆபரேஷனுக்கு உதவி, பொம்மையில் வைரம் எனப் பழகிய பாதைக்கே திரும்புகிறது.
தன் அழுக்குச் சட்டையைக்கூட கழற்றிக் கொடுக்கும் எளிய மனிதர்களின் அன்பைப் பேசுவதில் டிஸ்டிங்ஷனில் தேர்வாகிறார்கள் மூடர்கள்!

50 Marks !!!! seekkiram paatthudanum..

IvvaLavu nalla padatthukku hub-la yaarum oru thread aarambillalayaa?

Cinemarasigan
24th September 2013, 12:57 PM
Ya Ya - what a pathetic excuse for a movie.
Endha thairiyatthula padam edukkuraanunga :argh:
Definitely the worst movie of the year.
And I am not going to watch Siva's movie again. Ever.

ANNE, neenga konjam late... trailers partthuttE naangallaam ivan padam paakka koodaathu-nu mudivu senjuttOamla... :D

19thmay
24th September 2013, 02:24 PM
Moodarkoodam - Brilliant!! :thumbsup: Movie of the year to me.

19thmay
24th September 2013, 02:26 PM
Shiva has given back to back to back mokkai movies ( Thillu Mullu, Sonna Puriyadhu, YaYa). I will add Tamizhpadam also. Only good movie IMO is KalaKalappu.

Brianengab
24th September 2013, 02:32 PM
Thillu mullu nd Tamizpadam r sumwat watchable movies.. :)

Cinemarasigan
24th September 2013, 03:13 PM
Shiva has given back to back to back mokkai movies ( Thillu Mullu, Sonna Puriyadhu, YaYa). I will add Tamizhpadam also. Only good movie IMO is KalaKalappu.

Yes, Sundar used him properly...

mexicomeat
24th September 2013, 03:41 PM
watched moodar koodam

negatives;
- unnecessary flashbacks which add no value to the movie
- songs
- hero delivers many thathuvam dialogues which are unnecessary to a dark comedy movie

positives;
- every thing else

in the same league or better than soodhu kavvum

watched thanga meengal

- started nicely like a balu mahendra movie, although i must say that balu would have cast ramya krishna or namitha or someone similar for the evita teacher role and would have added a gilma song
- the plot involving kerala and the rainmaker is unnecessary and moves further away from reality. may be the idea to include kerala came from the producer mr. menon
- there was something missing in the movie, i cannot point what, it could have been a much better movie

NOV
24th September 2013, 05:01 PM
Shiva has given back to back to back mokkai movies ( Thillu Mullu, Sonna Puriyadhu, YaYa). I will add Tamizhpadam also. Only good movie IMO is KalaKalappu.:yes: :exactly: and he is riding on it now :sigh2:

now watching annakodiyum kodiveeranum.... :boo:

Avadi to America
24th September 2013, 06:59 PM
:yes: :exactly: and he is riding on it now :sigh2:

now watching annakodiyum kodiveeranum.... :boo:

Enna thairiyum ungalluku...

NOV
24th September 2013, 07:21 PM
Enna thairiyum ungalluku...its not that bad :lol:
a bit slow, and a bit of araicha maavu...

HonestRaj
24th September 2013, 10:14 PM
laughriot
A riot of laughter (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=laughter); something hilarious.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=laugh%20riot

//

yenda comedy padam edukkurennu solli blade podureenga.......
varutha padaadha vaalibar sangam partha kaduppil post seigiren..
sivakarthikeyan....... totally unselected..... tortures of india......

idha laugh riot'nu sonna makkalukkellam oru kodi namaskaaram

gane14
25th September 2013, 12:03 AM
laughriot
A riot of laughter (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=laughter); something hilarious.

//

KLTA, KBKR, DR, VVS :-D

[Excluding the kaaviyams from Siva (Had enough from Tamizh Padam itself, started totally avoiding him)]

19thmay
25th September 2013, 10:41 AM
watched moodar koodam

negatives;
- unnecessary flashbacks which add no value to the movie

I loved the flashbacks :lol:

Dinesh84
25th September 2013, 11:25 AM
laughriot

//

:lol: same thougt.

But Desinguraja konjam comedy ah irunch apart from the stupid climox

Cinemarasigan
25th September 2013, 05:19 PM
Kalavani & Kalakalappu... indha rendu padattha thavira vera endha padatthulayum Vimal ozhungaa nadicha maadhiri enakku thoanala... orE maadhri dialog delivery, kaduppaa varudhu...

one more thing, based on the situation the viewer is in, sometime he may like that particular movie..

In the recent times most of the so called "comedy movies" are liked by some and disliked by some. But somehow these movies are breaking even for the producers. So these kind of tortures are going to continue.. :lol:

uruzalari
25th September 2013, 05:24 PM
one more thing, based on the situation the viewer is in, sometime he may like that particular movie..

In the recent times most of the so called "comedy movies" are liked by some and disliked by some. But somehow these movies are breaking even for the producers. So these kind of tortures are going to continue.. :lol:

Strongly believe that Nayyandi will be a genuinely funny movie.

NOV
25th September 2013, 05:35 PM
one more thing, based on the situation the viewer is in, sometime he may like that particular movie.. Quite apt Karthi
I watched Desingu Raja in a decently full hall and everyone was laughing away... which is very contagious

rsubras
25th September 2013, 06:02 PM
Kalavani & Kalakalappu... indha rendu padattha thavira vera endha padatthulayum Vimal ozhungaa nadicha maadhiri enakku thoanala... orE maadhri dialog delivery, kaduppaa varudhu...

in my opinion, you should have taken off kalakalappu and added Pasanga, Eththan et.al

NOV
25th September 2013, 06:16 PM
in my opinion, you should have taken off kalakalappu and added Pasanga, Eththan et.al:shock: :omg:

this whole comedy season began solely because of the huge success of kalakalappu :roll:

Cinemarasigan
25th September 2013, 06:32 PM
:shock: :omg:

this whole comedy season began solely because of the huge success of kalakalappu :roll:

Yes... that helped Vimal and Shiva to get more movies.. more small producers started investing in TFI

Cinemarasigan
25th September 2013, 06:37 PM
Strongly believe that Nayyandi will be a genuinely funny movie.

Hope so.. Danush and Sargunam brand comedy should be different as per the title - Nayyaandi..

NOV
25th September 2013, 06:43 PM
Santhanam is wearing himself out...

balaajee
26th September 2013, 11:22 AM
]6 - Liked the film [/B]...... was engaging...... tremendous physical strain put in by Shaam .....

kumudam review Nandru...

Cinemarasigan
26th September 2013, 11:32 AM

Cinemarasigan
26th September 2013, 11:34 AM
kumudam review Nandru...

first moodar koodam, ippO "6" , nalla padangaLum varudhu pOla... expecting raja rani also to be good.

Brianengab
26th September 2013, 11:38 AM
The nxt coming 15 days... jolly jolly... :)

Tomo.

1. Onaayum Aattukkuttiyum
2. Raja rani

Oct 2

3. IAB

Oct 11

4. Naiyaandi
5. Vanakkam Chennai

rsubras
26th September 2013, 12:09 PM

ithaiyum neenga rendu varushama solreenga ninaikkaren...appadi enna ungalukku avar mela oru veruppu... he is good and does enjoyable stuffs in more than 50% of his movies... anyway every comedian once they reach their zenith wears out and then lose their sheen..we will know that once he gets loud and tries hard or some other comedian becomes the toast of producers / directors..... not sure if it is happening right now

Cinemarasigan
26th September 2013, 12:25 PM
ithaiyum neenga rendu varushama solreenga ninaikkaren...appadi enna ungalukku avar mela oru veruppu... he is good and does enjoyable stuffs in more than 50% of his movies... anyway every comedian once they reach their zenith wears out and then lose their sheen..we will know that once he gets loud and tries hard or some other comedian becomes the toast of producers / directors..... not sure if it is happening right now

Santhanam is able to survive since there is a lack of competition...

19thmay
26th September 2013, 01:41 PM
Exactly Cinemarasigan, of late ellamey mokka comedies-a varudhu... Santhanam generally a torture except few.

VV-ku apparam no one is best so far.

rsubras
26th September 2013, 02:24 PM
VV -> VadiVelu? Vadivelu was great in Winner (good previously as well in movies such as Friends, but was grossly inconsistent and established with Winner), cemented his position with several good movies but eventually I felt he started playing characters that self denigrated too much getting worse with each movies.. Pokkiri, marudhamalai, villu et.al............ I don't know for others... but enakku pidikkale :), having said that, I would say Aadhavan is his most recent good movie (and may be Kavalan as well)

mappi
26th September 2013, 02:49 PM
I always admired the body language of VV (closes in with Nagesh a lot) + all his 'innocent' expressions in most uncommon situations. I don't know the movie name - he plays a thief and is about to carryout his 100th loot, and his sidekicks put posters all around the town ... LoL. he gets caught and that whole episode is funny.
Like wise there are many such things : another one where he comes across bloody people who say train ran over them or they jumped from the flight .. LoL

ajaybaskar
26th September 2013, 02:55 PM
I don't know the movie name - he plays a thief and is about to carryout his 100th loot, and his sidekicks put posters all around the town ... LoL. he gets caught and that whole episode is funny.
LoL

Nagaram Marupakkam

Cinemarasigan
26th September 2013, 03:00 PM
I always admired the body language of VV (closes in with Nagesh a lot) + all his 'innocent' expressions in most uncommon situations. I don't know the movie name - he plays a thief and is about to carryout his 100th loot, and his sidekicks put posters all around the town ... LoL. he gets caught and that whole episode is funny.
Like wise there are many such things : another one where he comes across bloody people who say train ran over them or they jumped from the flight .. LoL

100th Thiruttu was in Nagaram Marupakkam... really :lol: able...
Vadivel comedy was definitely better than Santhanam's.

Brianengab
26th September 2013, 03:03 PM
Vadivel comedy was definitely better than Santhanam's.

it s the comparision lik 'malai' wit 'madu'...

mappi
26th September 2013, 03:03 PM
Oh, OK, thanks ajaybaskar / CR.
Just to finish : His appearance in city subjects attracted me the least. I loved almost all his performances in village/town subjects + most of the character names he gets are funny + the 1st half of Pulikesi was hilarious - Everyone running around calling him Manna ... LoL

Talking about Santhanam : I liked his comic-role as KattuPoochi

rsubras
26th September 2013, 03:08 PM
Santhanam type of comedies vera range..athai en vadivelu kooda compare pannanum...just coz Santhanam imitates GM in certain aspects of his comedy, ippadi ottu mothama avara keezha thalli vittuda koodathu :)

mappi
26th September 2013, 03:20 PM
Its true that Santhanam follows the foot steps of GM, keeping that aside : he usually does Cringe or Insult type comedies. The problem is that he is comfortable in doing that, rather quite successful, but he continues to do so. I don't know why, but his background on Spoof may be a big reason. And he can be very good in stand-up comedies with his quite quick presence of mind and timing. The others, notably VV or GM have done almost all genres of comedies. So for some people (including me) don't find his one-liners as a whole tickler. One such lines here and there are good, but not talk worthy. Take Vivek, his Sitcoms and observational comedies are quite wonderful both in theme and its reproduction on screen. Santhanam tries a bit on that, but often falls in framing the hero or a tool for love.

So basically, Santhanam is not that bad, but there is only few things to talk about. He still got time, who knows he can come up with some other genres those which are really funny.

(to make it clear : cringe, insult, spoof, sitcom, observational etc. are different kind of comedies and nothing to do with its dictionary meanings)

Cinemarasigan
26th September 2013, 03:27 PM
Santhanam type of comedies vera range..athai en vadivelu kooda compare pannanum...just coz Santhanam imitates GM in certain aspects of his comedy, ippadi ottu mothama avara keezha thalli vittuda koodathu :)

Subras, Comparison came in later..

Overall I feel that he does not have the stuff to go a long way.

Whenever he worked with good directors like Sundar C or Rajesh he performed well. May be If he limits himself to lesser movies and work with good directors, he may be able to sustain for some more time.

Cinemarasigan
26th September 2013, 03:30 PM
(to make it clear : cringe, insult, spoof, sitcom, observational etc. are different kind of comedies and nothing to do with its dictionary meanings)

rsubras
26th September 2013, 03:32 PM
true..the day he stretches that cringe / insult type of comedies and it is felt as overdose, he will lose that sheen around him......... not sure if he can do the old / middle age comic role like a vadivelu / GM / Senthil can quite comfortably do (vivek did it well in Uthamaputhiran) .... otherwise he could end up as a chinni jayanth :)

mappi
26th September 2013, 03:36 PM
CR, sollidrathu nallathu - All threads-la ippo irukura "Yenna Kaiya Pudichi Ezhuthiya" trend-la, namba thaan nambaloda sekuriti-a pathukonam.
Antha "Insult"-ngra varthaya parthutu yerna offend avakudathu illaya !

NOV
26th September 2013, 04:26 PM
ithaiyum neenga rendu varushama solreenga ninaikkaren...appadi enna ungalukku avar mela oru veruppu... veruppu kolla avar en maamano machano illaiyE :)
I did begin to enjoy his stuff, but now every movie seems to have a mandatory role for him (even Naan E) and that is why I said he is wearing himself out. anyway best of luck to him.. kaatrulla pOdhE thootrikollattum

as for Vadivelu, he doesn't have to do anything - all he has to do is come on stage and stand. People will roar with laughter.
Have you wondered why VV alone has created so many clones which no other comedian has ever done?

SoftSword
26th September 2013, 04:42 PM
its not that bad :lol:
a bit slow, and a bit of araicha maavu...

deserves to be in thanjore kalvet thread... :)

Brianengab
30th September 2013, 05:17 PM
Lootera

another beautifully depicted luv story after Aasiqui 2.. ranveer nd sonakshi at their best acting.. first half s ok.. bt second half s very dragged.. one time watchable movie..

My rating - 3/5

Aadhalal Kadhal Seiveer

The climax made the movie worth to watch.. 1 nd half hrs s plus of the movie.. BGM s awesome.. a gr8 come back of Suseendran frm raajapaattai

My rating - 3/5

Desingu raja

except the funny climax, the movie/comedy s worked for me.. Music & BGM r the major strength of the movie.. old wine story bt cn be watched once.

My rating - 2.5/5..

VVS

laugh riot especially timing dialogues.. Sivak became the nxt door boy for each passing movie.. Soori nd sathyaraj performance s also gud..

My rating - 2.5/5

Brianengab
5th October 2013, 05:16 PM
A good road (Gujarati)

watched tis movie only to knw the reason for the selection of academy award best film official entry frm india..
bt after i watch the movie, i cnt find a single reason y tis movie was selected for the nomination..
Vishwaroopam s way ahead better than tis movie..

very disappointed.. :(

rsubras
5th October 2013, 07:27 PM
Thalaiva

What a waste of an opportunity for A.L.Vijay..........his strength is not a masala / thrill film as is proved with this and previous outing..I suppose he could rather stick to his strength of emotional / love based subjects...... first half was the only saving grace with an youthful vijay and santhanam providing the relief. many scenes inspired from nayagan / devar magan et.al looks bad imo....... and not a good sight to see Vijay in it....... Guess Law of averages caught up with vijay with a bad story / director selection after being watchful and selective in his recent movies... and Amala Paul.........somehow only young girls look good pair for Vijay, prettier girls when they start looking older does not look a good match (asin in kavalan, trisha in kuruvi, etc.,) amala paul has started to look older in this film and a bad choice for VJ's pair...may be a deivatirumagal or kadhalil sodhappuvathi eppadi Amala paul could hve looked better

HonestRaj
5th October 2013, 09:12 PM
ThangameengaL
- good one
- little girl is cute & expressive.. acted very well.. & her friend nithyashree is also good
- to be frank, getting into child's virtual world & living with her.. this kind of story cannot be practically possible... i'm not experienced in this.. but just a thought..

HonestRaj
5th October 2013, 09:15 PM
6 Candles
- ok film... one time watch..
- nothing is there in this film for Sham to risk with realistic new get-ups.. just like that make-up poattu nadichurukkalam

uruzalari
9th October 2013, 12:15 AM
Director Ram about VVS at about 4:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JPxuiGxLSA

19thmay
10th October 2013, 01:08 PM
Varutha Padadha Vaalibar Sangam - When I was studying UG ~15 years back, there was a gang in my college who always presents hilarious stage plays / mime (Without pulling out songs, scenes from movies) etc in the college functions - Avunga podura dramas-la irukura humor, 10% kooda VVS-la illa.

HonestRaj
10th October 2013, 11:53 PM
Varutha Padadha Vaalibar Sangam - When I was studying UG ~15 years back, there was a gang in my college who always presents hilarious stage plays / mime (Without pulling out songs, scenes from movies) etc in the college functions - Avunga podura dramas-la irukura humor, 10% kooda VVS-la illa.

VVS - kaattu mokkai

19thmay
11th October 2013, 11:13 PM
Raja, Raani .... 9 :clap: rest semma blunt! Shabba ... Kalyanathuku munnadi kudicha love failure, Kalyanathukku apparam kudicha life-y failure should be one of the worst dialogue in TFI history...

selvakumar
12th October 2013, 01:00 PM
Out of all the films released this year, Designu Raja and VVS were good. Mariyaan - Mokkai.. EKSI.. Latest addition to this list is Raja Rani.

Mahen
13th October 2013, 08:34 AM
Adhalal Kadhal Seiveer :bow: brilliant film..wonder how i missed this film earlier

joe
13th October 2013, 08:43 AM
Out of all the films released this year, Designu Raja and VVS were good. Mariyaan - Mokkai.. EKSI.. Latest addition to this list is Raja Rani.

Though I like Sivakarthikeyan , I didn't continue the second half of VVS . Same goes with Mariyan .. Though I like Danush , Mariyan first half-ye pakka mudiyala.

balaajee
13th October 2013, 09:13 AM
Though I like Sivakarthikeyan , I didn't continue the second half of VVS . Same goes with Mariyan .. Though I like Danush , Mariyan first half-ye pakka mudiyala.

i respect your forecasting...

interz
13th October 2013, 06:58 PM
Vanakkam Chennai - few haha momens and too lengthy

Compared to other Mirchi Shiva movies this year, this movie is a better choice by him. Priya Anand has more scope to show her acting skills, and didnt waste it. I particularly enjoyed her fight sequence. Santhanam has abt same amount of scenes in the movie as a regular heroin in commercial movie. He got seriously wasted. London maplai?? Come on, how many times do they get engaged to London, America maplai. why not a maplai in Russia?

The only saving grace are Anirudhs song, the hype about him is not just jalra. He got talent, and makes some peppy youthful tunes.

Kiruthiga Udhayanidhi, made a simple debut, she didnt risk very much, opting for a romantic comedy. I hope she will try make a more risky movie. Forget about getting a clean U and tax Excemption, when the "Mom" rules tamilnadu.

mappi
14th October 2013, 03:26 PM
Vanakkam Chennai - few haha momens and too lengthy

Did you notice the usage of the color red in about 95% of the scenes. The rest 5%, yellow occupies. Not in the tone, but a material in the respective scenes either in the backdrop or with the materials the characters are carrying. Its quite rare, or its been a while that I notice something like that, but these colors were craving for attention.

About BGM - yeah, it was catchy, but wasn't the BGM almost the many different version of the song cover using various instruments available - I mean available on a synthesizer ?

Spl mention to Priya Anand. She was ravishing, thanks to her costumes and her dedicated feminine structure. I picked up several emotions & movements in her facial expressions for a single given sentiment. Nice performer, reminded me of Pooja Kumar.

uruzalari
14th October 2013, 03:35 PM
Did you notice the usage of the color red in about 95% of the scenes. The rest 5%, yellow occupies. Not in the tone, but a material in the respective scenes either in the backdrop or with the materials the characters are carrying. Its quite rare, or its been a while that I notice something like that, but these colors were craving for attention.

About BGM - yeah, it was catchy, but wasn't the BGM almost the many different version of the song cover using various instruments available - I mean available on a synthesizer ?

Spl mention to Priya Anand. She was ravishing, thanks to her costumes and her dedicated feminine structure. I picked up several emotions & movements in her facial expressions for a single given sentiment. Nice performer, reminded me of Pooja Kumar.

Your impression about the movie as a whole and the debutant director pls?

mappi
14th October 2013, 04:36 PM
Well there is nothing much to talk about the story as such, Kiruthiga Udhayanidhi has give a scoop of ice over a salad of fruits that we already have tasted. Neither the cup is new, but its the light-hearten scenes that carry the movie forward. She had tried to script the comedy, but the outcome does not stick to the story but runs as a separate track just like in all the humor based movies those which have taken the TFI by storm. You cannot say she has come out neatly, but she has somehow succeeded in giving an entertainer that needs couple of more Popcorn bags to complete watching it.

Taking the candid life of a couple as shown in TFI in the recent films like Raja Rani or VC, I still favour Poda Podi's depiction (felt it was beleivable), in VC, it was so unreal. For the rest, interz has more or less summerised the movie & its proceedings and I stick to it.

The fist impression that I got after going thru the climax is that the movie basically can do wonders in Bollywood. Typical scenario, and you have a role for Junior Bachan as the cherry on the ice. The whole setup of a stranger boy/girl living in the same apartment suits better the North Indians with the new heart throbs Ranbir and Deepika [but my choice will always be SRK & Rani ... LoL). And Senior Bachan as the house owner is like adding nuts to the scoop.

I had a similar thought after the viewing the wonderful climax in Naiyandi. A typical Telugu modeled story. Add Ram Pothineni, keep Nazriya, Brahmanandam & Ali as brothers, Venu Madav & Sunil as friends, Krishna Bhagavan as the Potti Kadai Uncle and finally Raghu Babu as the side kick to the Nazriaya's father. Villan = Bollywood import ! Just saying ...

uruzalari
14th October 2013, 04:45 PM
I had a similar thought after the viewing the wonderful climax in Naiyandi.

Nayyandi thread la dont want to hurt nu sollitu inga ippadi sollitingale

mappi
14th October 2013, 05:03 PM
Caught me ! epadi thapikarthu ... hein ! wonderful-nu thaney sonnein ! wonderful as in making you wonder fully nu eduthuka kudathu.
LoL

uruzalari
14th October 2013, 05:21 PM
Caught me ! epadi thapikarthu ... hein ! wonderful-nu thaney sonnein ! wonderful as in making you wonder fully nu eduthuka kudathu.
LoL

Since I have seen the film vera entha meaning um ennaala yosikka kooda mudiyala :-D

venkkiram
14th October 2013, 06:28 PM
Liked VVS a lot. Very nicely packaged. Siva, Soori, Satyaraaj and the lead female character performed well. Especially the chemistry between lead characters are very vibrant. Totally a feel good movie and cinematography did a commendable job. So colorful images and the close up shots elevating the emotions. Imman did a good job in bgm and the songs and rhythms are good. He is constantly trying something and thats really a welcome sign. PonRam has done a neat execution by keeping all commercial factors in mind.

uruzalari
18th October 2013, 08:01 PM
Mani Ratnam is mighty impressed with the 'Fools Gathering'

http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-cinema-news-13/mani-ratnam-had-a-special-screening-of-moodar-koodam-and-was-really-impressed.html

interz
20th October 2013, 06:33 PM
Moodar Koodam - different movie

This movie is about 4 robbers, that you end up sympathize with. There are several characters in the movie, and many bit songs too explain each characters. All characters were convincing in their parts.

The movie kind started of slow and took its time to explain the situation, and the most of the movie happens in one room, which could make a viewer bored. This movie reminds me of a movie I saw in 90's Golmal(tamil), although this movie has a little different plot.

One thing that i noticed about the actor and director Naveen is his voice is similar to Vishal.

I hope this movie was a profitable movie, because tamilmoviegoers deserve different kind of movies. Not just commercial movies with big heroes, or rural movies with less known actors, or a movie with a social message or comedy movies. Every genres has to be tried in cinema.

joe
20th October 2013, 09:55 PM
Moodar Koodam - Another pretending nonsense .

இதை பலரும் சிலாகித்து சொன்னதால் பெரும் எதிர்பார்ர்ப்போடு பார்த்தேன் . சுத்த மொக்கை . அதிலும் அந்த 4 பேரில் தலைவன் போல இருப்பவன் சீரியசாக பேசுவதெலாம் அப்படியே ஓங்கி அறையலாம் போலிருந்தது .

இதைத் தான் வித்தியாசம் என்ற பெயரில் கொண்டாடுவார்களென்றால் ..அய்யகோ.

interz
20th October 2013, 10:52 PM
Its a movie about fools gathering , did you expect marlon brando performane in the movie?

joe
20th October 2013, 10:55 PM
Its a movie about fools gathering , did you expect marlon brando performane in the movie?

I don't like your tone of asking this let alone the question is irrelevant

paranitharan
20th October 2013, 11:24 PM

Regardless of the sigificance of the characters, you will want great performance. At least a convincing one.

interz
20th October 2013, 11:28 PM
Moodar Koodam - Another pretending nonsense .
இதைத் தான் வித்தியாசம் என்ற பெயரில் கொண்டாடுவார்களென்றால் ..அய்யகோ.

If Moodar Koodam isnt a different movie, what is a different movie?

mappi
24th October 2013, 02:45 AM
Moodar Koodam (Tamil : 2013 : 2h15m)
Written & Directed by Naveen
Produced by Pandiraj
Music by Natarajan Sankaran
Cinematography by Tony Chan
Editing by Athiyappan Siva

Banner : Pasanga Productions

Starring Naveen, Jayaprakash, Senrayan, Rajaj, Kuberan, Oviya & others

Feeling cheated & disheartened by the way he was treated by his rich uncle & family, Vellaisami (White) plots to rob them by teaming up with 3 "a-minute-before-met" friends. These 3 too have similar "cheated" feelings after undergoing several hurdles in their respective lives. Rather than giving it all up, their motive is to quench their anger by using this robbery as the holy water. But fate, as usual, has a Pandora box full of surprises for them. As soon as they are all set, they find that White's uncle family are still home, then, after subduing them, they have various visitors becoming hurdles for their operation. Even though they tackle these situations by ending up increasing the hostage count, the truth behind why they did not find a single penny in the house, comes as a big blow. And there is more to that, as they are quickly becoming the most wanted by international & local mafia gangs, not to mention the local Police too. Not having so many backup plans, nor, an intelligent approach to the robbery plan, how these 4 escape this situation as well as how all the various characters that crossed their life are stuck with the situation created by these 4 are handled quite hilariously in Moodar Koodam.

Well, well, what did I just watch ! A fabulous narrative styled movie. Of coarse all Guy Ritchie's movie haters calling it "half-baked narration with roadside-actors" will trash this movie - but for the rest its a jewel that automatically takes its highest place in their collection under favourite movie. All kinds of genres and sub genres are talked about these days, notably - black comedy, neo-noir, noir, light comedy but they have mostly given us only "bulb" comedy so far. So lets not categorise this movie, but just sit and enjoy it.

This film seems to be simple, but no. First lets see why its simple. Its filmed such a way that you are an eye overlooking the happening. Now that does not mean its realistic, its just the ambience that Naveen has created, moreover, presented. Take the bar discussion scene for instance - here you have to note the RR too - a wonderful work by Natarajan Sankaran. When each character talks you hear the noise from their POV - for instance a song playing, bottle noises, plat noises and other miscellaneous kitchen sounds. Where the speaker is facing, that’s the sound that you hear. And with the circular camera movement, puts you globally through the scene. Likewise, each scene and the way the shots are kept certainly has a POV version imbedded in it. Naveen scored high in his narration format where he has indexed all the needed story telling and added them between necessary scenes, filling up the whole presentation as a single block. The last sentence is not complicated, here is how you read it - you have 4 main characters and their stories - now the audience have to be educated with all the basic fives Ws - why, who, what, when & which - so during the hostage handling, Naveen has created situations that permits him to tell the part of their story (funny thing is that even a Dog has a story). So several short-stories are woven into a grand motion picture.

Secondly its not simple because - bringing in a social concept in the story flow. For instance, the part where the 2 don's exchange flame to light up their cigarette is a high indication of Smoking Kills (even though everyone in the movie smokes but after this scene its no smoking movie). Towards the end of the same scene where the bloody cigarette bud with falling ash is shown, its another indication if you have still not got it. Similarly, you have psychological angle on the treatment shown towards kids, harassment and discrimination in the educational system, medical, mixed marriage (In lotus 5 star DVD, this portion is not there - you can see it on Youtube - I mean the whole song Kannodu Kangal), social discrimination etc. And then there is answers to all this shown parallelly. Oviya's marriage happening in front of the punished parents etc. There are more like “ipod-fixed-kids”, animals “breeding-selling”, junk food, supremacy, globalisation, capitalism, culture, exploitation - well you name it and its there.

Again Naveen has to be appreciated for the characters he has created. Also for the wonderful team he has assembled for filming the movie. On the backstage Nararajan Sankaran takes all the limelight. Wish not talk about it here as I have already spoken about him in the Music review. A joy to watch all you favourite score in bits and pieces in the movie. A very Prompt attempt by the team which includes the camera & editing works.

On the performance front, everyone has lived the character. Can't really say who stole the show even though Senrayan, Jayaprakash, the Mafia don, 2nd daughter of Jayaprakash comes to our mind. Senrayan’s funny faces, Jayaprakash’s sunken mischievous eyes, Oviya's irritation, little girl answering the phone - there are so many to watch out for.

Naveen has tried to give an intelligent movie - the problem is that he had scripted it intelligently, but the story is not that much appealing. The weakness lies basically on the motives behind each character as it was rather rushed or not elaborated. The whole Chaos theory situation was clumsy and also a bit rushed. Apologies for the comparison - in the recent movie Itharku Thaane Aasai Pattai Balakumara, the whole plot revolves around several character and each character is a piece and in the end they are all stuck in one way or the other making it a complete picture – just like in a picture puzzle. But in Moodar Koodam, they are quite forced as though the story has/had to be finished that way. The dialogues gets passed, esp. how the colloquial phrases are mistook in serious situations - gives a Crazy Mohan touch, but not largely successful, but still enjoyable. Humour too is also quite European. For example, Senrayan getting monkey caps for face masks or Vellaisami being called White are quite a bit of laughable movements, but how much it was enjoyed is a big doubt. The song for the dog and the doll were excellent - again how many understood the impact is a big question. So Naveen felt that he is responsible to put it up, but where he failed is in choosing the right audience.

Moodar Koodam : Fun Ride

Dilbert
24th October 2013, 07:53 AM
Moodar Koodam (Tamil : 2013 : 2h15m)
Written & Directed by Naveen
Produced by Pandiraj
Music by Natarajan Sankaran
Cinematography by Tony Chan
Editing by Athiyappan Siva

Banner : Pasanga Productions

Starring Naveen, Jayaprakash, Senrayan, Rajaj, Kuberan, Oviya & others

Feeling cheated & disheartened by the way he was treated by his rich uncle & family, Vellaisami (White) plots to rob them by teaming up with 3 "a-minute-before-met" friends. These 3 too have similar "cheated" feelings after undergoing several hurdles in their respective lives. Rather than giving it all up, their motive is to quench their anger by using this robbery as the holy water. But fate, as usual, has a Pandora box full of surprises for them. As soon as they are all set, they find that White's uncle family are still home, then, after subduing them, they have various visitors becoming hurdles for their operation. Even though they tackle these situations by ending up increasing the hostage count, the truth behind why they did not find a single penny in the house, comes as a big blow. And there is more to that, as they are quickly becoming the most wanted by international & local mafia gangs, not to mention the local Police too. Not having so many backup plans, nor, an intelligent approach to the robbery plan, how these 4 escape this situation as well as how all the various characters that crossed their life are stuck with the situation created by these 4 are handled quite hilariously in Moodar Koodam.

Well, well, what did I just watch ! A fabulous narrative styled movie. Of coarse all Guy Ritchie's movie haters calling it "half-baked narration with roadside-actors" will trash this movie - but for the rest its a jewel that automatically takes its highest place in their collection under favourite movie. All kinds of genres and sub genres are talked about these days, notably - black comedy, neo-noir, noir, light comedy but they have mostly given us only "bulb" comedy so far. So lets not categorise this movie, but just sit and enjoy it.

This film seems to be simple, but no. First lets see why its simple. Its filmed such a way that you are an eye overlooking the happening. Now that does not mean its realistic, its just the ambience that Naveen has created, moreover, presented. Take the bar discussion scene for instance - here you have to note the RR too - a wonderful work by Natarajan Sankaran. When each character talks you hear the noise from their POV - for instance a song playing, bottle noises, plat noises and other miscellaneous kitchen sounds. Where the speaker is facing, that’s the sound that you hear. And with the circular camera movement, puts you globally through the scene. Likewise, each scene and the way the shots are kept certainly has a POV version imbedded in it. Naveen scored high in his narration format where he has indexed all the needed story telling and added them between necessary scenes, filling up the whole presentation as a single block. The last sentence is not complicated, here is how you read it - you have 4 main characters and their stories - now the audience have to be educated with all the basic fives Ws - why, who, what, when & which - so during the hostage handling, Naveen has created situations that permits him to tell the part of their story (funny thing is that even a Dog has a story). So several short-stories are woven into a grand motion picture.

Secondly its not simple because - bringing in a social concept in the story flow. For instance, the part where the 2 don's exchange flame to light up their cigarette is a high indication of Smoking Kills (even though everyone in the movie smokes but after this scene its no smoking movie). Towards the end of the same scene where the bloody cigarette bud with falling ash is shown, its another indication if you have still not got it. Similarly, you have psychological angle on the treatment shown towards kids, harassment and discrimination in the educational system, medical, mixed marriage (In lotus 5 star DVD, this portion is not there - you can see it on Youtube - I mean the whole song Kannodu Kangal), social discrimination etc. And then there is answers to all this shown parallelly. Oviya's marriage happening in front of the punished parents etc. There are more like “ipod-fixed-kids”, animals “breeding-selling”, junk food, supremacy, globalisation, capitalism, culture, exploitation - well you name it and its there.

Again Naveen has to be appreciated for the characters he has created. Also for the wonderful team he has assembled for filming the movie. On the backstage Nararajan Sankaran takes all the limelight. Wish not talk about it here as I have already spoken about him in the Music review. A joy to watch all you favourite score in bits and pieces in the movie. A very Prompt attempt by the team which includes the camera & editing works.

On the performance front, everyone has lived the character. Can't really say who stole the show even though Senrayan, Jayaprakash, the Mafia don, 2nd daughter of Jayaprakash comes to our mind. Senrayan’s funny faces, Jayaprakash’s sunken mischievous eyes, Oviya's irritation, little girl answering the phone - there are so many to watch out for.

Naveen has tried to give an intelligent movie - the problem is that he had scripted it intelligently, but the story is not that much appealing. The weakness lies basically on the motives behind each character as it was rather rushed or not elaborated. The whole Chaos theory situation was clumsy and also a bit rushed. Apologies for the comparison - in the recent movie Itharku Thaane Aasai Pattai Balakumara, the whole plot revolves around several character and each character is a piece and in the end they are all stuck in one way or the other making it a complete picture – just like in a picture puzzle. But in Moodar Koodam, they are quite forced as though the story has/had to be finished that way. The dialogues gets passed, esp. how the colloquial phrases are mistook in serious situations - gives a Crazy Mohan touch, but not largely successful, but still enjoyable. Humour too is also quite European. For example, Senrayan getting monkey caps for face masks or Vellaisami being called White are quite a bit of laughable movements, but how much it was enjoyed is a big doubt. The song for the dog and the doll were excellent - again how many understood the impact is a big question. So Naveen felt that he is responsible to put it up, but where he failed is in choosing the right audience.

Moodar Koodam : Fun Ride

Mappi , This line alone would have sufficed as the review for this movie. Some actors over did their part.

balaajee
24th October 2013, 11:18 AM
Written & Directed & produced - Naveen......kudos to debutant director:clap: , tried a lot with his own money....

uruzalari
24th October 2013, 03:26 PM
Shankar about Moodar Koodam.....

http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-cinema-news-13/shankar-is-really-impressed-with-director-naveens-recent-moodar-koodam.html

mappi
24th October 2013, 05:59 PM
Some actors over did their part.

Basically you cannot summarize a movie of this magnitude. The major plus of the movie is that it has lot of flavors which are packaged efficiently. Where it supposedly falls flat is the story on hand. For instance, Soodhu Kavum and MK have lot of similarities towards story, plot & sub-plots. But where SK wins is it stuck to its one-liner, where as MK did an unnecessary stretching. Naveen wanted to give an extra concentrated film, and its here the problem starts. But MK does over takes SK in the parts where parallels are drawn between characters. For example, the 2nd daughter and Senrayan are parallels - Infatuation + he gives his shirt, she gives her doll. Similarly Kuberan and the kid, the theif and Oviya's Lover (fake projection about themselves), Jayaprakash and Auto Kumar (supremacy) so on and so forth. So to establish these complex characterization, Naveen took small steps carefully and came out quite successful. But it has its downside also, where you tend not to clearly follow the character's behaviors and attitude making you feel its an overdose or overwork.

In any which way you look at it - half glass empty or half glass of water - this movie clearly quenches the few long awaiting people to see a quite different attempt (strictly wrt TFI). For me, I am glad that I got yet another toy to play with. I am eagerly waiting for Naveen's next film.

uruzalari
25th October 2013, 06:12 PM
Sutta Kathai - Disapointing :( . Expected it to be much better after seeing the trailer

mappi
25th October 2013, 06:35 PM
When I watched the trailer, the Thai movie "Tears of the Black Tiger" came to my mind. Thought Sutta Kathai would be a parody and quite hilarious. And indeed the trailer was appealing.

uruzalari
25th October 2013, 06:40 PM
When I watched the trailer, the Thai movie "Tears of the Black Tiger" came to my mind. Thought Sutta Kathai would be a parody and quite hilarious. And indeed the trailer was appealing.

It is sort of a parody ..... but I was not laughing for most of the intended jokes

NOV
25th October 2013, 06:43 PM
Sreedhar Pillai ‏
#SuttaKadhai – 2.25/5. Nothing much 2 laugh about, jokes fall flat.Best part is opening animated comic strip titles and only 105 minutes. The trouble Subbu has tried 2 translate 80’s pulp crime comic books 2 big screen,somewhere he is lost in translation.

mappi
26th October 2013, 05:41 AM
For "old school" guys : Statham in the cast could have done 'more' wonders, but I am just as fine as it could be with Escape Plan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM8T963JFgE

Looking forward for this film

If you are tired of fake - "graphics" super-hero or "over-flowing-brainy" sci-fi or "punch-less" action or "dumb" thriller - movies, Escape Plan is just for you. Arnie/Sly are back at business. Whats important is that you get the long lost old-school heroism.

Escape Plan : Sensationally Entertaining

ajaybaskar
26th October 2013, 10:42 AM
Gone Baby Gone

Excellent. Kept me engrossed throughout. These days I have developed a habit of watching a movie in parts. But GBG made me to watch it in one stretch.

mappi
26th October 2013, 03:04 PM
Yes, Gone Baby Gone is an excellent film. It has all the class to be celebrated as one of the best in the beginning decade of the millennium. Its Ben Affleck's debut and the whole sub-plots which get major importance as the story progresses gets you hooked. His other movie Town was great but dragged a bit while establishing the emotions of the main characters. And then came Argo, I had talked about it, another not to be missed film.

Dennis Lehane is my favorite crime-suspense novelist. His stories mainly happens in Boston and how he takes you for a ride is magically. Even though many may argue that Mystic River is one of best adaptation of his novel, I always stick to Shutter Island. If you are a "Crime-mystry-suspense" story lovers, he is the author for you.

Dilbert
27th October 2013, 04:52 AM
I saw 2 movies this week,

machete kills and second one Telugu Nagarjuna Movie "Bhai" . You won't believe both were So similar (I would say 90% aligned with each other). Interesting part was first one is consider as "American comedy exploitation action movie" and later is considered as " Indian Mass Entertainer". You can't get better visual reality check as to how backward Indian Cinema is and how far we need to travel to provide a global entertainer.