PDA

View Full Version : Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

venkkiram
28th May 2013, 06:10 PM
As mappi said, comparing MP with Barfi does not make sense. MP narrates more on one sided love. Here both are innocent. If we want to compare, then ithu oru kaathal kathai - barfi combination is valid.

SoftSword
28th May 2013, 06:14 PM
barfi... again ranvir was brilliant...
but priyanka, a bit overdid... only a bit...
welcome movie from bollywood though!

littlemaster1982
28th May 2013, 10:07 PM
was very impressed with the dialogues mainly... the tamil is exactly as spoken by the ppl in bangalore... no movie has captured this so well before...

I liked it too. Minister asking the policeman - "Innum enga baashai katthukkalaiya", PG culture etc. The creators have done their homework :thumbsup:

HonestRaj
28th May 2013, 11:31 PM
& after listening to all these gana singers.. gana ulaganathan, gana bala [in uthayam nh4] .. i feel Sabesh & Deva are the best.. no one can beat them in this..

HonestRaj
28th May 2013, 11:33 PM
Ethir neechal
- again, one time watchable film..
- Priya Anand.. beautiful..

nickraman
29th May 2013, 04:37 AM
Udhayam NH4 was more Ghilli in Kannada. Didn't understand the hype surrounding the movie. Dialogues were unclear at places and moreover, this Siddarth seems to be pulling a Suriya in giving performances. His attempt at pulling off a "tamil-medium" student is unconvincing. GVP songs are ok. One-time watch.

hattori_hanzo
29th May 2013, 12:44 PM
oh! I did not pay much attention. Isn't 'The Talented Mr.Ripley' something to do with inheriting a fortune (I remember it vaguely) ? I will try to rent it this evening.

Yeah the story and plot are exactly the same in both movies but I like Naan too. There are some minor differences though. In TTMR, Jude Law and Matt Damon are shown to have a gay relationship but in Naan they are just room mates. The change of religion is not there in the original and Matt Damon is shown as a weird guy who stammers.

Cinemarasigan
29th May 2013, 01:09 PM
Barfi is one beautiful movie. Ranbir and Priyanka lived up through the characters. The climax scenes though copied from Notebook suited very well to the plot. What a mindblowing performances from lead characters! Cinemotography is par excellence. It sets up the mood and tone and it travels through these disabled personalities.

The Cinemotogrpher Ravi Varman was Kamal's favourite, worked with him for Vettaiyadu vilayadu and Dasa...

SoftSword
29th May 2013, 03:00 PM
& after listening to all these gana singers.. gana ulaganathan, gana bala [in uthayam nh4] .. i feel Sabesh & Deva are the best.. no one can beat them in this..

sOkka sonna thala!

SoftSword
29th May 2013, 03:02 PM
Udhayam NH4 was more Ghilli in Kannada. Didn't understand the hype surrounding the movie. Dialogues were unclear at places and moreover, this Siddarth seems to be pulling a Suriya in giving performances. His attempt at pulling off a "tamil-medium" student is unconvincing. GVP songs are ok. One-time watch.

siddharth was annoying, would have been a disaster if not for the screenplay and the setting..

mappi
29th May 2013, 08:58 PM
Yeah the story and plot are exactly the same in both movies but I like Naan too. There are some minor differences though. In TTMR, Jude Law and Matt Damon are shown to have a gay relationship but in Naan they are just room mates. The change of religion is not there in the original and Matt Damon is shown as a weird guy who stammers.

Just finished watching The Talented Mr. Ripley (TTMR). The "indentity theft" + major characters have been sucked into Naan. But Naan choose to have a different story construction.

TTMR : Jude and Matt don't have a sexual relationship eventhough Ripley is a gay. Jude just provokes him in the lines of teasing him but Matt mis-interprets it to have attracted Dickie.

Eventhough Naan is a good movie, it still misses the variation that TTMR brought out. On the other hand, everyone around Ripley were not all "talented", but Naan was a bit belivable. TTMR celeverly puts the film in 1950s Italy so less questions are asked on the investigation as FBI is not involved...LoL, but Naan was bold enough to face it in the current time.

Thanks Hattori Hanzo for pointing it out.

mappi
30th May 2013, 01:49 PM
Policegiri (Hindi) Trailer
KS Ravikumar with Sanjay Dutt, Prakash Raj & flying cars ... mind it ! [Rajendra Prasad would be laughing out load]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0YLi2YyIXk

Well ... anyway all the best to the team.

Cinemarasigan
30th May 2013, 03:12 PM
"saami" kitta irundha speed Dutt kitta illa.

Brianengab
31st May 2013, 02:56 PM
mappi...did u watch Jolly llb and Kai po che ??

HonestRaj
1st June 2013, 12:45 AM
"saami" kitta irundha speed Dutt kitta illa.

vayasayiduthu..
hindi singam / dabangg 2 madhiriye irukku... prakashraj.. stereotype performance..
perumal pichai annachi was good in saamy

HonestRaj
1st June 2013, 02:02 PM
yethir kaatru
- karthik, kanaka, vkr, anandaraj
- music - IR
- i remember this film released at the time of Sathriyan release & the only thing i remember is karthik in white & white with a sun glass.. & the yethir kaatru title font
so i downloaded from youtube & saw this..
- ok type story.. thriller..
- poor execution / direction spoiled the film
- a better starcast would have made it a good film

mexicomeat
2nd June 2013, 05:51 PM
i am planning to download the 80s movie -- angalai nambathe... is it worth wortching?

mexicomeat
2nd June 2013, 05:55 PM
poor execution / direction spoiled the film
- a better starcast would have made it a good film
there are several movies that imho would have done a lot better with a different director

just to name a few...

citizen - shankar
baba - Singeetam Srinivasa Rao

RC
2nd June 2013, 06:30 PM
mexicomeat - aaNgaLai nambaadhE directed by AlexPandian ( I think he had directed a movie or few as Thirumurugan or something else) had Pandian, AlexPandian, Rekha in the lead. The only highlight of the movie, as I remember it, is the song kaathal kaayangaLE by KJY & MV. padam paaththutu sollunga.

ajaybaskar
2nd June 2013, 06:45 PM
Edhirkaatru was a remake of Artham, a Malayalam movie.

HonestRaj
2nd June 2013, 11:00 PM
Edhirkaatru was a remake of Artham, a Malayalam movie.

from wiki:

Based on
Ethir Kaatru by
Subha (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subha_(writers))

mappi
3rd June 2013, 02:39 PM
mappi...did u watch Jolly llb and Kai po che ??

No not yet.

mappi
3rd June 2013, 03:37 PM
Honey Bee [Malayalam] Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhx8K-QzBEk

(Padam peru "Nanthan Mukesh" -nu vachi irrukalam). Anway you got a very good dubstep mix + Bob Marley "Ganja" song. I will watch this movie, its funny.

19thmay
4th June 2013, 01:37 PM
Nagaraja Chozhan - Thumbs down in all departments. Sathyaraj - Manivannan dialogues are ok to an extent, nothing like part 1. Mu.Ka and Vj are targeted. There are plenty of good and bad characters in this story, Raghu Manivannan is confusing. We have cop Sathyaraj, Seeman as well.

Masaani - :lol2:

mappi
4th June 2013, 02:38 PM
Masaani - :lol2:

Best moments :
- Ghosts singing Why this Kolaveri
- Shadow lighting cigrette
- The priest changing into a white-eyed-evil
- Manobala, street lights & Cycle
- Hero's friend, tea & bun
- Roja & ghosts in the climax
- Ramki Running & slaping villans sherlock style
- much more

By the way, I wanted to know what does the name Masani mean & this is what I could gather :
Origin : African
Type : Normaly named after a male child
Meaning : Gap toothed

If anyone can share some light on how a (backward-caste) lady in a south-indian remote village got this name, would be appreciated.

mexicomeat
4th June 2013, 02:59 PM
masani is a tamil word derived from 'mayana sayani' (which means one who sleeps in the graveyard)
there is a masani amman temple in pollachi

mappi
4th June 2013, 03:13 PM
masani is a tamil word derived from 'mayana sayani' (which means one who sleeps in the graveyard)
there is a masani amman temple in pollachi

Interesting. Thanks Mexicomeat.

Off topic (not related to cinema) : But I feel a bit bizzare how a female (in general, who is not allowed into the grave yards) is named as one who sleeps in the graveyard. Any story behind Masani Amman at pollachi ?

mappi
4th June 2013, 03:34 PM
Offtopic : OK, got it thru Wiki (authenticity to be verified)
"
Maasani Amman Thirukoil – Anaimalai Lord Gowrishankarar temple is situated at Bg Farm, Anamalai. This temple is dedicated to Goddess Gowriamman; the idol was found during ploughing the fields in 1995. It has been ascertained by veteran Ganpathi Stapathi that the statue is intact and belongs to the Chola age. A new temple has been erected by Ganapathi Stapathi in 2004.

Legend tells of the origin of this temple. Anaimalai, a place near Pollachi, was earlier ruled by a king called Naanan. He had a very special mango tree in his farm on the Aaliyar riverside, which he was very fond of. He was so particular that nobody was allowed to use neither its mangoes nor its leaves. Once, a group of girls were having their bath in the Aaliyar river and saw a mango floating on the river which belonged to this mango tree. In anxiety, one of the girls picked the mango and ate it; even after several pleadings made by her father, the king sentenced her to death. After some time, the villagers in that particular area made a female figure in lying state in remembrance of the innocent girl on the graveyard sand and started worshipping her. In due course, she was worshipped by the name "Maasani". Later Kozhinkhosargal defeated king Naanan and destroyed that particular mango tree.

It is believed that Lord Rama on his way in search of Seetha, was absorbed by the power of this temple, stopped here and performed meditation, adding glory to this temple
"

Conclusion : Maasani is indeed a name given to girls as illustrated above.

END

mexicomeat
4th June 2013, 03:59 PM
mappi -- here is the history
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.376849845745631.83012.156730471090904&type=3

19thmay
4th June 2013, 04:54 PM
Best moments :
- Ghosts singing Why this Kolaveri
- Shadow lighting cigrette
- The priest changing into a white-eyed-evil
- Manobala, street lights & Cycle
- Hero's friend, tea & bun
- Roja & ghosts in the climax
- Ramki Running & slaping villans sherlock style
- much more

:???:

NOV
4th June 2013, 06:12 PM
Kutty Puli - typical mass movie but without much insulttothebrain moments.
Lots of 80s songs re used.
Malaysians can feel proud of the 90s akka maga song :lol:
One can see a completely different sasikumar in the 2nd half.
Romance half action half sprinkled with lavish amount of comedy.

Siv.S
4th June 2013, 07:19 PM
:???:
:rotfl: there is a movie called masani it seems...wait,then what did u meant masaani there ? :roll:

mappi
4th June 2013, 09:02 PM
19thmay, there seems to be a confusion -
If :
- I mistook Masaani for the movie - its good as Mexicomeat gave some good information, thanks to him.
- its the movie Masaani, then what I said were the scenes when I really had some good laughs.

Waiting with Siv.S to actually know : "then what did u mean by masaani there !"

(LOL inbetween)

mappi
4th June 2013, 09:13 PM
Nov, actually I was not impressed by the movie (thats why did not post a detail review). First of all the romance part (how pricky I am, oh my god), mentioning the out stretched arms is enough ! I cannot consider it as a spoof (as Sasikumar is quite clever in putting such scenes) as it is the part of the naration which shows his tranformation. Secondly the 80's song - What Sasikumar did in Subramaniyapuram was logical (happens to be a "sound service shop"), but here its quite forced, and followed by the duets of present time just took away the impact, leave alone the choice of songs. [Omitting Mom/Son sentiment]. Comedy front I was a bit OK with the humours embedded within the characters.

Rest are, Sasikumar's "unexpected-decesion-making-techniques" are quite impressive, nice silambattam show, remarkable "voilence-minus-gore" action scenes and an appreciable ending

Kutti Puli : wild but still its a cat.

HonestRaj
4th June 2013, 10:09 PM
Offtopic : OK, got it thru Wiki (authenticity to be verified)
"
Maasani Amman Thirukoil
the villagers in that particular area made a female figure in lying state in remembrance of the innocent girl on the graveyard sand and started worshipping her. In due course, she was worshipped by the name "Maasani".

Conclusion : Maasani is indeed a name given to girls as illustrated above.

END

http://img1.dinamalar.com/KovilImages/GalleryThumb/G_T4_710.jpg

Avadi to America
4th June 2013, 10:19 PM
"masanai kollai" onnu irruku..... yarrukavathu theriyuma...

NOV
5th June 2013, 07:21 AM
Nov, actually I was not impressed by the movie (thats why did not post a detail review). where is your review mappi?
I went to see the movie after hearing that its rocking in the cinemas... I am not surprised now :)
btw, its not sasikumar's direction, he is only the actor here.
and I agree with you on the choice of songs - pathetic.... sevvandhi poo mudicha chinnakkaa for the love scene? :banghead: A raamanin mohanam jaanaki mandhiram would have worked.
I liked the ninaithaale inikkum song sequences... its supposed to be light ;)

where did you watch? in cinema?

19thmay
5th June 2013, 10:15 AM
19thmay, there seems to be a confusion -
If :
- I mistook Masaani for the movie - its good as Mexicomeat gave some good information, thanks to him.
- its the movie Masaani, then what I said were the scenes when I really had some good laughs.

Waiting with Siv.S to actually know : "then what did u mean by masaani there !"

(LOL inbetween)

Oh I meant the movie there. But initially I was confused as I thought you actually praised those scenes. If you had a laugh, then its fine for me :lol:

Siv - Eppo Chennai vara?

NOV
5th June 2013, 10:36 AM
Nikkil Murugan ‏@onlynikil now
The 2A..Audience & Andavan helped MSK (M.Sasikumar) film Kuttipuli a massive hit...The Roaring Continues in weekdays

balaajee
5th June 2013, 11:49 AM
Nikkil Murugan ‏@onlynikil now
The 2A..Audience & Andavan helped MSK (M.Sasikumar) film Kuttipuli a massive hit...The Roaring Continues in weekdays

It Roars well @ sivakasi palaniandavar theater

ajaybaskar
5th June 2013, 12:02 PM
Jack Reacher

A standard murder mystery film which is engaging as most Tom Cruise action movies are. Rosamund was a let down.

mappi
5th June 2013, 02:39 PM
"masanai kollai" onnu irruku..... yarrukavathu theriyuma...

What is it, I dont know ?
dhigila irrukuma ?

ajipdhej
5th June 2013, 02:44 PM
What is it, I dont know ?
dhigila irrukuma ?

I remember this is something which ll be done @ graveyard .It is some pooja where people ll give blood of their own...and as usual many sacrifies.... donno reasons..

mappi
5th June 2013, 02:45 PM
Oh I meant the movie there. But initially I was confused as I thought you actually praised those scenes. If you had a laugh, then its fine for me :lol: ?

Yeah, and if you note, those are the scenes that are supposed to be scary. Got back Evil Dead nostalgie - Powdered face - red lipstick - white pupils with a centre black dot = Evil ... LoL. when the priest turned, I was like already rolling ... LoL.
But jokes apart : I felt it an attempt worth mentioning. There was something new to the story line, atleast I did not guess it. Seeing the team behind this venture, I do give favorable remarks. Could have handled it a bit more intense, though. By the way, it was a joy to watch Ramki's smile and hear his voice.

Masaani : Scaringly funny.

mappi
5th June 2013, 02:52 PM
where is your review mappi?

Nov, I did not post a review, as I was not convinced with the movie. I pointed out Sasikumar for accepting the lines and stand before the camera, when he himself has directed many such scenes. Glad to hear that the movie is performing good.

mappi
5th June 2013, 02:55 PM
Jack Reacher

A standard murder mystery film which is engaging as most Tom Cruise action movies are. Rosamund was a let down.

Better than Obivilion though. But the problem with Tom Cruise these days is that he wants to make his movies look intelligent. Thats where his movies fail.

ajaybaskar
5th June 2013, 11:19 PM
The Hangover 3

Quite different from the first two parts. But funny nevertheless.

Brianengab
5th June 2013, 11:58 PM
Celluloid (Malayalam)....wt a movie... :clap:

consistant performance by prithivi...

i wil say it wil be one of d decade's best moviez...

Story abt Life of The father of Malayalam cinema..J.C.Daniel..

most of the scenes r heart touchable 1...

In one scene, tamil actor P.U.Chinnappa s showing as a cheater to JCD...

My rating - 4.5/5.... Dont miss it...must watch movie...:)

faithiu11
6th June 2013, 07:10 AM
kuttipuli - torture

Anban
6th June 2013, 10:30 AM
kuttipuli paththi Selvakumar enna solraaru ?? i am not going to watch the movie.. interested on selva's comment only..

mappi
6th June 2013, 02:49 PM
The Hangover 3

Releasing here on 19/06. Have not seen part 1 and 2, and would skip 3 too but if and only if I am not projecting it.

Interesting line up for this month : Looking forward for -

- Sugar Man (documentary on Rogriguez) [Not sure how many of you are interested in watchin documentary, but if you are a music fan like me, this is a must watch)

- Gatsby (Hollywood Vijay Sethupathy ... LoL)

- Star Trek : Into the Darkness (If you have time watch part 1 - it is surprisingly amazing and the Part 2 trailer is impressive)

- Une vie simple (Simple Life) - ATTN : Drama - but a beautiful story and characters starring Andy Lau

- L'attentat (The Attack) by Ziad Doueiri (Arabian)

And I am not going to mention Nolan's Superman ... no .. no ... no .. not to see Superman cry ! But still, Amy Adams is pretty and should see if Zach can save Superman from Nolan's clutch.

balaajee
6th June 2013, 03:34 PM
Releasing here on 19/06. Have not seen part 1 and 2, and would skip 3 too but if and only if I am not projecting it.

Interesting line up for this month : Looking forward for -

- Sugar Man (documentary on Rogriguez) [Not sure how many of you are interested in watchin documentary, but if you are a music fan like me, this is a must watch)

- Gatsby (Hollywood Vijay Sethupathy ... LoL)

- Star Trek : Into the Darkness (If you have time watch part 1 - it is surprisingly amazing and the Part 2 trailer is impressive)

- Une vie simple (Simple Life) - ATTN : Drama - but a beautiful story and characters starring Andy Lau

- L'attentat (The Attack) by Ziad Doueiri (Arabian)

And I am not going to mention Nolan's Superman ... no .. no ... no .. not to see Superman cry ! But still, Amy Adams is pretty and should see if Zach can save Superman from Nolan's clutch.

Watch The Hangover 1 is a FUN Ride(onbathula guru starts like this movie)Hangover 2 is not upto Hangover 2 it like average rip off of Hangover 1Star Trek : Into the Darkness, its an average movie( went with huge expecation to experience the movie in IMAX)

balaajee
6th June 2013, 05:28 PM
குட்டிப் புலி
அ (javascript:;) அ (javascript:;)
தகராறையே வரலாறாகக்கொண்ட 'குட்டிப் புலி’!
ஊருக்காக உயிரையே கொடுக்கும் சண்டியர் லால், அவரின் லேட்டஸ்ட் வெர்ஷன் மகன் சசிகுமார், மகனைத் திருத்த நினைக்கும் அம்மா சரண்யா, சசியைக் காதலிக்கும் லட்சுமி மேனன், இவர்களைச் சுற்றி முறைப்பும் விறைப்புமான வில்லன்கள். நிறையச் சத்தம், நிறைய யுத்தம்... இதுவே குட்டிப்புலி!
சங்கு அறுக்கும் மற்றுமொரு 'சசிகுமார் ஸ்டைல்’ படம். அதில் அம்மா சென்டிமென்ட் மசாலாவை அழுத்தமாகக் கலக்கி, பெண்களின் பெருமை பேச முயற்சித்திருக்கிறார் அறிமுக இயக்குநர் முத்தையா. ஆனால், படம் நெடுகப் பல காட்சிகள் இதற்கு முன் வந்த பல 'தகராறு’ படங்களைத் தாறுமாறாக நினைவுபடுத்திச் செல்கின்றனவே?
பில்டப் ஓப்பனிங், உச்ச டெஸிபல் ஹீரோயிசம், பஞ்ச் வசனங்கள் என சசிகுமார் 'புதிதாக’ ஒன்றை முயற்சித்திருக்கிறார். ஆனால், யாரை எதற்காக அடிக்கிறார், அவருடைய லட்சியம் என்ன என்று படத்தில் எந்த டீடெய்லும் இல்லாததால், புலியின் உறுமலில் வீரியம் இல்லை. 'லட்சுமி மேனனைக் காதலிக்காதே’ என்று எச்சரிப்பதற்காகத்தான் வில்லன், சசியைக் கூப்பிடுகிறான். ஆனால், அவனைப் பேச விடாமல் வாலன்டியராக வம்பிழுத்து,
அடிதடி நடத்திப் பிரச்னையைப் பெரிதாக்குகிறார் சசிகுமார். இதில் யார் வில்லன்?
கன்னி தோன்றி காதல் தோன்றாக் காலத்தே முன்தோன்றிய 'நல்ல ரவுடியைக் காதலிக்கும் அமைதிப் பெண்’ கேரக்டர் லட்சுமி மேனனுக்கு. என்னத்தைச் சொல்ல..?

மகனுக்காக வீடு வீடாகச் சென்று மடிப்பிச்சை எடுப்பது, சசிகுமார் திருமணத்துக்குச் சம்மதித்ததும் சந்தோஷமும் கொண்டாட்டமுமாகத் தோழியிடம் பேசுவது என சரண்யா 'அக்மார்க் அம்மா’வாக அசத்தியிருக்கிறார். தமிழ்நாட்டில் 'அம்மா’ என்றால் 'அவர்’ நினைவுவருவதுபோல, தமிழ் சினிமாவில் 'அம்மா’ என்றால் சுங்குடிச் சேலையுடன் சரண்யா நினைவுக்கு வருவது... நமக்கும் அவருக்கும் நல்லதா... கெட்டதா? சிவந்த விழிகளும், கலைந்த தலையும், திமுதிமு உடம்புமாக அப்படியே 'அட்டாக் பாண்டி’யை நினைவுபடுத்துகிறார் வில்லன் ராஜசிம்மன்.http://cdnw.vikatan.com/av/2013/06/mgqwyz/images/p14.jpgவழக்கமாக சசிகுமார் படங்களில் காமெடி பேக்கேஜ் பக்காவாக இருக்கும். ஆனால், இந்தப் படத்தில் வளமான காமெடிக் கும் பஞ்சம். வேலைவெட்டி இல்லாத நான்கு கேரக்டர்கள் வளவளவெனப் பேசிக்கொண்டே இருப்பது... வெயிலில் வெந்நீர் குடிப்பதுபோல வெறி ஏற்றுகிறது!
வன்முறையால் வாழ்க்கை பாதிக்கப்பட்டு, வன்முறையை அப்படி வெறுக்கும் சரண்யா, கடைசிக் காட்சியில் அந்த முடிவை எடுக்கும் இடம் மட்டுமே திக்... திடுக்! ஆனால், சசிகுமார் கதாபாத்திரத்தின் மீது நமக்கு அழுத்தமான ஈர்ப்பு இல்லாததால், சரண்யாவின் அந்த முடிவு தேவையான சுரீர் விளைவைக் கொடுக்காமல் வேடிக்கையாக க்ராஸ் செய்கிறது. ஜிப்ரானின் இசையில் 'காத்து காத்து’ மட்டும் கேட்கிற ரகம். ஆனால், படத்தில் பின்னணி இசை தேவைப்படும் சந்தர்ப்பங்களில் இளையராஜா மெலடிகளால் நிரப்பியிருப்பது... நியாயமாரே?
'ஆம்பளை கெட்டா, வாழ்க்கைதான் போச்சு... பொம்பளை கெட்டா, வம்சமே போச்சு!’, 'நீ ஆம்பளைனு நிரூபிக்கவும் ஒரு பொம்பளைதாண்டா வேணும்!’ - டைரக்டர் சார்... நாம எந்த ஜெனரேஷன்ல இருக்கோம்? பெண்கள் விண்வெளிக்கும், நீர்மூழ்கிக் கப்பல் பணிக்கும் செல்லும் ஜெனரேஷன் இது! இந்தக் காலத்தில் இப்படியரு பிற்போக்குப் பார்வை தேவைதானா?
சாதி அடையாளங்கள் இல்லாமல் பார்த்தாலே, ஒவ்வோர் அம்மாவும் தன் பிள்ளைகளைக் காக்கும் வீராங்கனைதான். ஆனால், படத்தின் பல காட்சிகள் ஒரு குறிப்பிட்ட சாதிப் பெருமையையும் வீரத்தையுமே தூக்கிப் பிடிக்கிறதே... ஏன் சார்?
குண்டுச்சட்டியில் குதிரைக்குப் பதில்... புலி!

mappi
6th June 2013, 05:43 PM
Watch The Hangover 1 is a FUN Ride(onbathula guru starts like this movie)Hangover 2 is not upto Hangover 2 it like average rip off of Hangover 1Star Trek : Into the Darkness, its an average movie( went with huge expecation to experience the movie in IMAX)

Well, thanks for your sugestion, but still American comedy does not suit me : simple I do not understand it ! "They are in their own world" kind of thought. Anyway, will try to watch it (included in the long list of "pending-must-watch-movies"

And for star trek, It always takes me to my kid days Sunday 11am. Just after that in our amusement "star-trek-in-chennai", I played the role of McCoy ... LoL ... And I was the one who ends up in trouble and the other 2 to 4 guys come to my rescue by fighting the "coconut-leaf-claded-monsters" ... funny but quite a cute memory. So I will watch Star Trek, and thanks for your remake, I will be vigilant while watching it.

hattori_hanzo
6th June 2013, 10:13 PM
mappi, Hangover 1 is not too America-specific. Quite entertaining. There's nothing much to understand there and you'll love it.

Hollywood Vijay Sethupathi - if you are talking about Leo, +1. Shutter Island, Inception, Django, Departed. Enna oru variety!

Have you seen 13 Tzameti?

hattori_hanzo
6th June 2013, 11:24 PM
Nagaraja Chozhan M.A, M.L.A

Looks more like the work of a debutant director. The movie is just OK in parts with some funny sequences, which can be watched separately in comedy channels.

+ Amaavasai, Mani scenes (though it gets monotonous after some time)
+ Sathyaraj, as Amaavasai looks super fit and his timing is equally good.
+ 'Edhir Katchi Thalaivar' scene.
+ Pretty young new faces. The girls have more screen time than what they can expect in such movies.
+ The messages which the director wanted to convey - Afforestation, brutal killing of natives, corruption.
+ Seeman's speech about deforestation, quarrying.

- The entire Aadhivasis-Inapporaattam-mass uprising scenes were badly executed.
- Too many Sathyaraj-Mani scenes. In Amaithippadai, the focus was on Amaavasai and his rise to power, by cleverly vanquishing his rivals, one among which was Mani. but Here in every alternate scene, he is shown talking to Mani, as if he doesn't have anything else to do.
- Mani looks too fat and tired, which he himself accepts in few scenes. His words lack clarity and fall under the 'vazha vazha kozha kozha' kind.
- CBI Sathyaraj, Raghu Manivannan were unnecessary.

balaajee
7th June 2013, 10:26 AM
Well, thanks for your sugestion, but still American comedy does not suit me : simple I do not understand it ! "They are in their own world" kind of thought. Anyway, will try to watch it (included in the long list of "pending-must-watch-movies"

And for star trek, It always takes me to my kid days Sunday 11am. Just after that in our amusement "star-trek-in-chennai", I played the role of McCoy ... LoL ... And I was the one who ends up in trouble and the other 2 to 4 guys come to my rescue by fighting the "coconut-leaf-claded-monsters" ... funny but quite a cute memory. So I will watch Star Trek, and thanks for your remake, I will be vigilant while watching it.

It seems they(star trek creators) haven't grown....

mappi
7th June 2013, 01:58 PM
mappi, Hangover 1 is not too America-specific. Quite entertaining. There's nothing much to understand there and you'll love it.

By telling "understand" I meant that I could not relate with the humour. For that, some of Vivek's comedy does the same to me. For ex : the concepts that he takes (like religion or real estate) I begin to ask whats the whole thing is all about. Similarly the American comedy makes me wonder whether we are in the same planet. I do not have anything against it, just that I get tired after the movie ... LoL. When the movie got released, few of my friends here sugested to watch the movie, saying that its quite funny. I will watch it.

Hollywood Vijay Sethupathi - if you are talking about Leo, +1. Shutter Island, Inception, Django, Departed. Enna oru variety!

Oh Yeah.
[And I would add Blood Diamond to the list]

Talking about Shutter Island, there are 2 thing I wish to say :

1. If you want to check the contrast of your new generation TV or your home Theatre equiped with Blu-ray which is projecting from about 4 metres - you got to test it with Shutter Island Blu-ray. Black, grey and smoke seen without pixel and the embedded color of the skin is intact, you can be proud of your equipement.

2. For those who have not watched shutter Island, please do yourself a favour and watch it. For readers, Dennis Lehane should be in your list. And this movie is an exemple of open ending and its twisted. I deduced 3 conclusions from the climax. Rest to discuss with people who are interested.

Have you seen 13 Tzameti?

Yes.

For people who have not watched it, do not read reviews or watch the trailer. Just play the movie and take the journey. The tense moments, check your pressure ! If you speak french, its an added plus.

Hattori_Hanzo : did you draw a comparison with the Referee & NKPK "innachi" ? I found that the Referee in '13' had the same lines to say about 4 to 5 times but in different suituations and how he brings the impact is formidable. People can ask me why : simple there is no BGM at all.

hattori_hanzo
7th June 2013, 02:59 PM
By telling "understand" I meant that I could not relate with the humour. For that, some of Vivek's comedy does the same to me. For ex : the concepts that he takes (like religion or real estate) I begin to ask whats the whole thing is all about. Similarly the American comedy makes me wonder whether we are in the same planet. I do not have anything against it, just that I get tired after the movie ... LoL. When the movie got released, few of my friends here sugested to watch the movie, saying that its quite funny. I will watch it.

I get what you mean. I have this issue with many of American TV shows. 'Friends', 'Frasier' and other such sitcoms. Say, a Scary Movie is of that kind. You need to know a lot about their horror films to relate to the humor. Jerry Maguire too, though not a comedy. Vivek's comedies are generally chennai-centric. Just like how Cho or SS Chandran used to make fun of the political happenings during their period. I've often enjoyed Vivek's real-estate, vaasthu, cut-outs kind of jokes. I find many of Vadivelu's jokes painful. Of course there are many exceptions like Thalainagaram, Telex Pandian but the most of his jokes shown on TV Channels involve VV getting beaten or bitten by his allakai, teakadai-mate or taken for a ride by some over enthusiastic kid. I not only found them unfunny but never understood what makes everyone around me in a saloon/hotel/bar laugh out loud.

did you draw a comparison with the Referee & NKPK "innachi" ? I found that the Referee in '13' had the same lines to say about 4 to 5 times but in different suituations and how he brings the impact is formidable. People can ask me why : simple there is no BGM at all.

Never even thought of that. But yeah, solid impact. Why are these Hollywood directors so obsessed with unjust endings? Watched Dread, Funny Games, Irreversible, 13 Tzameti. They seem to be hell bent on letting the evil to triumph over the good.

mappi
7th June 2013, 03:50 PM
Why are these Hollywood directors so obsessed with unjust endings? Watched Dread, Funny Games, Irreversible, 13 Tzameti. They seem to be hell bent on letting the evil to triumph over the good.

Most of the movies that come from Europe have no mercy. They show what really could happen to you, rather than a kidnapped girl in the trunk of the car geting rescued. For that the Autralian authors and film makers present their work in a way that the whole hand enters your mouth and churn yours stomach. Its just not gore that we are talking about, take 13, its the terror. Dread is 1/2 european as its Braker's short-story (Clive is from England - author of Hellraiser]

Coming to Hollywood, its buisness more than art. You keep the evil, you get upto 10 parts, and then you resell it to make another 10 (the first 5 being remakes). 13 hollywood version was like a kids-game. But in Funny Games Niomi Watts was just too good, and I am talking only about her prettiness. [The bug has bitten us too ... does Adhi Bagavan ring a bell ...]

Its sad that Irreversible and Malena were considered to be "sex-oriented-material". Monica Belluchi in both the films was terrific, and having albert dupont in the cast is the cream. The sub way scene shows the agony of all the women physically illtreated just for few minutes of "what-ever" pleasure and Vincent Castle's vengence-performence is worth noting.

Funny Games - Austrian (Remade under same name)
Irreversible - French
13 Tzameti - Gorgian (Remande as 13)
Dread - US (adapted from a UK author)
Malena - Italian

Mahen
8th June 2013, 08:59 AM
Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani - typical stuff from Johar's house..great music and visuals saved the film..Why arent the northies bored of this kinda of films? Lets see how Ranjha(something more realistic than YJHD) fares..

Siv.S
8th June 2013, 05:00 PM
Mumbai Police – How Malayalam film makers can come up with so many investigation thrillers? And most of them succeeded, Mumbai police is no exception, a well scripted crime-who done it-suspense-mystery-thriller ;) with great performances everywhere . There was a crime, and in the very first frame the cop (PrthviRaj ) was about to reveal the culprit to someone in the phone while driving and he met an accident and loses his memory, now he needs to start fresh investigation,yes the same old amnesia plot but with an interesting story and totally a gripping screenplay. Prithviraj gives an outstanding performance, :bow:,never expected such a performance from him,he underplayed it very well, a fiery cop before losing the memory and a softened one later who doesn’t know anyone. Suspense-Mystery lovers Go for it, recommended. :thumbsup:

ajaybaskar
8th June 2013, 05:24 PM
Is this the film in which Prithvi acted as a gay?

Siv.S
8th June 2013, 05:42 PM
Is this the film in which Prithvi ........... ?
Paathacha?? I intentionally avoided to mention that :) better delete that.

NOV
8th June 2013, 08:21 PM
AFTER EARTH - an overwhelming experience not to be missed. See it in the cinema! A father-son bonding adventure brought to life by Will Smith and Jaden Smith. Night Shyamalan's direction is awesome and spellbinding.

Incidentally, how many people know that Night Shyamalan is a Tamil and the M in his name stands for Manoj? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKIXQdv4G7o

Mahen
8th June 2013, 08:32 PM
sure nov? padam mokkaiyam kelvi patten.. :)
Btw, hes half tamil i think..Manoj is ok..middle name thaan konjam :lol2:

NOV
8th June 2013, 08:50 PM
definitely not mokkai :argh:
I dont care for reviews... padam kandippaa paarkkalaam... adhuvum cinemala mattum

as for shyamalan, this is how its listed in hollywood

Nicknames
Manoj Nelliyattu Shyamalan
Shyamalan, M. Night
Manoj Night Shyamalan
Manoj Shyamalan
Ethnicity: Tamil
Indian American
Tamil American
Date of Birth: Aug 6, 1970
Nationality: United States of America
Height : 1.8 m
Profession:
Film Producer
Film Director
Actor
Writer

hattori_hanzo
9th June 2013, 09:41 AM
Most of the movies that come from Europe have no mercy. They show what really could happen to you, rather than a kidnapped girl in the trunk of the car geting rescued. For that the Autralian authors and film makers present their work in a way that the whole hand enters your mouth and churn yours stomach. Its just not gore that we are talking about, take 13, its the terror. Dread is 1/2 european as its Braker's short-story (Clive is from England - author of Hellraiser]

Coming to Hollywood, its buisness more than art. You keep the evil, you get upto 10 parts, and then you resell it to make another 10 (the first 5 being remakes). 13 hollywood version was like a kids-game. But in Funny Games Niomi Watts was just too good, and I am talking only about her prettiness. [The bug has bitten us too ... does Adhi Bagavan ring a bell ...]

Its sad that Irreversible and Malena were considered to be "sex-oriented-material". Monica Belluchi in both the films was terrific, and having albert dupont in the cast is the cream. The sub way scene shows the agony of all the women physically illtreated just for few minutes of "what-ever" pleasure and Vincent Castle's vengence-performence is worth noting.

Funny Games - Austrian (Remade under same name)
Irreversible - French
13 Tzameti - Gorgian (Remande as 13)
Dread - US (adapted from a UK author)
Malena - Italian

mappi, yeah I shouldnt have written 'hollywood' - my bad. what an analysis :bow: i'll try to watch Malena. I've seen a friend of mine having the subway scene from Irreversible on his mobile, considering it a "sex-oriented-material". Disgusting. Just like watching Mahanadhi for the Sonagachi sequence. But again Irreversible has an unjust and unconvincing ending. The one who commits the crime escapes unharmed and his accomplice who wasn't there around when the entire thing happened is beaten to death.

19thmay
9th June 2013, 01:22 PM
Udhayam NH4 - Nice entertainer may be they should have truncated few scenes in the climax. Heroine is the one who acted as Simbhu's pair in Vaanam?

mappi
9th June 2013, 09:46 PM
The Great Gatsby (English : 2013 : 2h22m)
Screenplay, Direction & Produced by Baz Luhrmann (earlier attempt : Australia with Hugh Hugh Jackman and Nicole Kidman)

Format : 2D & 3D

Based on The Great Gatsby (1925) novel by F. Scott Fitzgerald
[Also a remake of 3 earlier adaptions of the same name notably the 1974 Robert Redford Starrer)

Music : Craig Armstrong
Cinematography : Simon Duggan

Banner : A bunch of American production companies !

Starring : Leonardo DiCaprio, Tobey Maguire, Carey Mulligan, Joel Edgerton, Isla Fisher, Jason Clarke & Amitab Bachan (for reasons known only to him)

Nick Carraway is everything that he should not be - alcoholic, depressive .. bla bla bla .. - and he is seeing a psy. What he narrates to his doc is about Jay Gatsby, the person who had greater influence on him. Unable to continue and by the advice of the psy, he starts writing his experience with Gatsby. Thus, we are taken along by Nick through his (non-stop) narratives how he meet and got along with Gatsby. Year 1922, when NYC is flourishing, many young talents flocked into the city, as did Nick. He rents a house in one of the rich island, and his neighbour is Gatsby, a mysterious man - both his identity & how he became rich. Gatsby has a funny hobby though, he invites people to his house and they party. On one such occasion, Nick is invited at Gatsby, and he finally meets him and he puts (rather we put) a face to the long talked about Gatsby. So Nick gets quite closer to Gatsby just by admiring his style, attitude, this and that. One of Nick's family member, Daisy, lives just opposite to his island and she is married to Tom (a born rich). Tom goes a step further and introduces Nick his otherside of life - alcohol, sex & violence. When suituations are well settled this way, Gatsby requests Nick to invite Daisy at Nick's so that he can have a chat with her ! And so, slowly we, along with nick, uncover the mystery behind Gatsby, his wealth, his profession, his motive, his love and all the rest who are associated with him and what he can do to keep them happy and from trouble.

Luhrmann has given eveything he had on this movie, and I would say its quite excessive. Eveything is 100 times bigger than the max limit. Decors, costumes, landscape, alcohol, women ... eveything ! So during its long run, you keep on holding to yourself at the same time taking in what all Luhrmann wishes rather wants us to see. The parties are a ditto of South American Carinivals, Moulin Rouge, Russian Circus & what not, except American. Dont give me that "imagination" word, this movie is all wrong. The screen play does not have much to talk about, so a quick editing, loud music (Hip-Hop, you got to be kidding me) and contrast colors does the magic in getting the movie forward. Whether the film gets awrards or not, its sure to get nominated atleast for costumes & decors.

And the romance - the thing is about romance, but where is it ! I could not for a matter of a second mind for anything that is happening to any character. The dense relationships are either omited or shown breifly and more time is shown on traveling. Yeah, from the island to NYC, it takes a while, we know that. That does not mean that we have to watch the whole journey each time !

Tobey as Nick gives his "melting" performance whenever he sees Gatsby. At several suituations, I was thinking when he is going to tear his shirt and start swinging his web. Thats how his performence is. His voice is so sad when he narrates it to the doc, but once he starts to write, his voice is motivated, energetic and joyful. Ain't it the same story about Gatsby, then why this variation ! Joel Edgerton as Tom and Jason Clarke as the mechanic have lived-up to their roles. Joel along with Leonardo has given an epic performance. Carey as Daisy is often seen having a hangover or sobbing. Amitab comes for a scence with a mix of Devar Magan and 23rd Pulikesi mustaches. His suncken eyes and deep voice scared Tobey for sure, but Tobey managed it somehow.

Leonardo - and he is the man who stole the show. His presence just sparkles more au milieu the already sparkling screen. His heated expressions on the most joyful suituation is a must to be noted. Joel along with him give a spectacular performence that you just sit scared at the yellings and screamings and just want it to end. Thats the impact they produce. This side Leonarod is talking charmingly to his firends, turns, the other side he mentions his housekeeper firmly that the matters could wait. He is laughing and thinks he has the suituation under control, but the mini-second later he charges as bull (there is one such scene in Django also). He has put in everything too on a positive note, but thanks to Luhrmann "over-gliterness" that eats away his hard work.

For those interested in watching this movie, please go for 2D. The hugeness of special effects and colors could make you sick. But there are people who get well with 3D, for them this movie would be a spectacle on 3D

The Great Gatsby : Overblown

Brianengab
10th June 2013, 10:59 AM
watched Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani in cinema...
gud entertainment nd time pass movie..intha maathiri padam'na BO'la135 cr (nd still) collect pannumpothu konjam jealousy'ya irukku...

simple story...trip to manali...deepika fallng luv wit ranbir...bt before telling her luv to him, ranbir decided to chicago for his job... after 8 yrs, they all r meeting together for their frnd (kalki kochein) marriage... again peeling of deepika wit ranbir..tis time ranbir decided to stay wit her..happy ending....

kai po che, gangs of wosseypur, talaash maathiri films release aara nerathula, intha maathiri oru mokka kathai...

bt music is gud...nd also cinematography.. not worth to watch in theatre..

balaajee
10th June 2013, 11:43 AM
Udhayam NH4 - Nice entertainer may be they should have truncated few scenes in the climax. Heroine is the one who acted as Simbhu's pair in Vaanam?

NO...

Brianengab
10th June 2013, 01:31 PM
watched 4 films in room nd Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani in theatre in weekend..

1. Commando (Hindi)...

- Gilli story.. saving gal frm villain wit sum superb stunt by Vidyut (Billa & Thuppakki villain)..
- Time pass movie..

My rating - 2/5..

2. Ek thi Dhaayan..

- Super suspense-thriller movie.. Witch story..
- Twist in climax is gud engagng to watch..

My rating - 3.5/5...

3. Aasiqui 2

- Sweet romance-Musical drama...
- Story of a drunkard-yesteryear fame male singer & Famous female singer..
- 1st half is ok & 2nd half is very slow.. bt cn be watched..

My rating - 3/5..

4. Ninnem Kollum Njaanum Chavum (Malayalam)...

- comedy movie..3 frnds.. 2 stories.. time pass movie..

My rating - 2.5/5

Anban
10th June 2013, 01:59 PM
neenga thala rasigan-aa?? illa hindi padam rasiganaa??
this is tamil films section ..

Brianengab
10th June 2013, 02:03 PM
anaithirkkum rasigan...

ajaybaskar
11th June 2013, 08:04 AM
Now you see me

Enjoyed it very much. Not a single boring moment. Few questions on logic will arise after you come out of the hall but will that bother you if you are thoroughly entertained for 2 hrs?

Brianengab
11th June 2013, 12:34 PM
Naan Raajavaaga pogiren...

Really a gud movie..mokkaiya irukkum'nu thaan ninaichu paarthen.. a gud suspense movie cum unexpected climax..
Naghul did his best in his role.. heroine is luking gud...

My rating - 3/5...

Brianengab
12th June 2013, 09:44 AM
Now you see me

Enjoyed it very much. Not a single boring moment. Few questions on logic will arise after you come out of the hall but will that bother you if you are thoroughly entertained for 2 hrs?

heard tat the plot of the movie s same as mankatha / Italian Job... is it ?

ajaybaskar
12th June 2013, 10:57 AM
A big NO.

BM
12th June 2013, 12:27 PM
Ivanga rendu perum Mankatha maathiri irukunu solraanga.

Sreedhar Pillai ‏@sri50 15h
@dirvenkatprabhu @SudhishKamath The story concept and ending is the same as #Mankatha. May b Louis Leterrier the director has seen ur film?

Sudhish Kamath ‏@SudhishKamath 8 Jun
@dirvenkatprabhu Saw Now You See Me? Same ending as Mangaatha. Hahaha!

mappi
12th June 2013, 01:44 PM
Now you have piqued my interest : Now you see me
[And thanks for giving away the ending ... LoL]

Its releasing here only on 31/07/2013 under the french title "Insaisissables"
Will let you know once I have watched it.

hattori_hanzo
12th June 2013, 02:05 PM

Its releasing here only on 31/07/2013 under the french title "Insaisissables"
Will let you know once I have watched it.

mappi, did u find the similarity between Soodhu Kavvum and Shaitan?

- Son/Daughter of a big shot, along with a group of wastrels, stages his/her own kidnap to demand money from his/her dad
- One of group members suffers from some weird mental issue.
- Their plan goes awry and gets more attention from the media than they expect
- A tough, no-nonsense cop is assigned to track them down.

mappi
12th June 2013, 02:24 PM
Hattori Hanzo, yes, for the cop.
I would say characterisation was similar, but the treatements were completely different.

For the kidnapping (and plan going awry), I did not go into detail, as there are much more movies with the same suituations, but each had a different story line. In Soodhu Kavvum its an accident kidnapp where the victim plans the futher proceedings. In Shaitan, its the "victim" who volenteers right from the begining.

For the mental issue, the guys in shaitan were really crooked. But in soodhu kavvum except for Das, the rest are just naive which in no way projects an illness but them being silly in the most dangerous suituations (the closest comparison that I can get to is "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels").

Finally, again the treatement - Shaitan really took it too serious, while soodhu kavvum was on a lighter side.

Shaitan
Plot: woman centric, staged kidnaping and its aftermaths
Subplot : mental illness, characters have different take on the same suituation which turns the suituation around

Soodhu Kavvum
Plot : amature kidnaping team, kidnapped victim favoring the kidnappers
Subplot : politics, characters unite to handle the suituation is the best silly way possible

hattori_hanzo
12th June 2013, 02:54 PM
Yeah the treatment was completely different and lighter in SK. Its just the entry of media, and later Bramma that made me think about Shaitan. And Lock, Stock is lying in my to-watch queue for some time, now.

mappi
12th June 2013, 03:03 PM
Going further on the cop angle, there are far more similariteis with the fictional characters, notable the detectives and cops of authors like Michel Connelly, Lee child, Henning Mankell or John Stanford. They are either depressive, alcoholic or suffering form a post trauma. And there are movies where the retired or fired cops are called into action.

Taking a lousy exemple, in Patricia Cornwell Kay scarpetta (sick) series, Kay is an alcoholic, that does not mean that Jaya Prakash's character in Myshkin's Yudham Sei is influenced from it, unless and otherwise Myshkin comes out and tells us (for that no TFI film maker is going to come out and explain his creation - rather would beat around the bush talking about the hero being humble, timely, professional, "like-a-brother" ... bla bla bla)

[On a side note : I am stuck with the Kay series just because I had started it. Please dont do the same mistake]

mappi
12th June 2013, 03:13 PM
And Lock, Stock is lying in my to-watch queue for some time, now.

On any given day I would recommend Guy Ritchie and Tarantino films.
[Got to get hold of their "personel" music playlist ... LoL]

You will be stuck with the word "mate" for a while after watching Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels ... LoL. Statham accent is too good.

Siv.S
12th June 2013, 05:50 PM

:lol: +1

Went to watch this movie but ended up watching F&F6,thanks to my friends.. no regrets about F&F6 but now thinking that i should have watched this after reading the spoiler here :x

mappi
12th June 2013, 06:36 PM
LoL ...
and F&F6 its was quite funny that they took the charcters of the series seriously and bringing in "emotions". I was like - did anyone follow these characters or would they even mind what happened to them ! We have come to see the cars doing the ballet, and there, its not a disappointment at all, keeping in mind the "mind-blowing"
1. Van deisel saving the girl on the highway
2. miraculous but true escape towards the climax.
(and thats not be taken on serious note)

Idhula twist vera !

Rock did give a hefty entry and the jail scene was quite funny, but later all his oneliners were like the hole on a "medhu vedai"

Fast & Furious 6 : Fast but makes you furious.

ajaybaskar
14th June 2013, 12:54 PM
SVSC

A film which shud've had Sivaji and Gemini as the two brothers. A pre 70 sentimental drama which tests patience. Not sure what made AP people celebrate this film. At one point of time, i started to wonder whether they are brothers or lovers. MJM's music was noteworthy. Nothing else got registered in my mind.

mappi
14th June 2013, 02:39 PM
SVSC
i started to wonder whether they are brothers or lovers.

LoL
Yet another take on the movie, and I was under the same impression with the proceedings in the film. Their "chemistry" really worked magic ... LoL

mappi
14th June 2013, 02:51 PM
Now you see me

Mélanie Laurent & Jose Garcia are reputed french actors.

Jose Garcia started as as a "comedian" on TV, and established himself quite well in movies. He is a perfect mix of comedy and character. When I watch certain tamil short films there are artists whose performence resembles a lot with him, notably Kali, eventhough they both do not know the others existence. Pick any movie of his, and I am sure you will enjoy them.

Mélanie Laurent is MY favorite actress. How Nargis is for many, Mélanie is for me. She is everything that a film maker (and others) can dream of. Actress may claim that they do not use glycerine, but its always moving to see Mélaine cry or weep on screen (eventhough its quite cruel to say so). She can turn at any given moment from joy to agony with laughter, pain and tears included. She suits well with or without makeup, especially without the "red paint" on the lips. She has natural colors too. Well I stop here ...
Highlight : the restaurant scene in Inglorious Bastards (well for that I should start from the begining when she is seen running). I let you watch her other movies.

As said, will be watching this movie on 31/07. Wondering how much screen space she has got, keeping in mind its a hollywood film !

SoftSword
14th June 2013, 04:09 PM
SVSC

A film which shud've had Sivaji and Gemini as the two brothers. A pre 70 sentimental drama which tests patience. Not sure what made AP people celebrate this film. At one point of time, i started to wonder whether they are brothers or lovers. MJM's music was noteworthy. Nothing else got registered in my mind.

exactly... idhellaam 10 varusatthukku minnaadi vikraman innum rasikkiramaadhiri kaattittaar kinda feel...
venkatesh was a bit artificial in that role... and prakashraj was faking a bit...
time pass.. but adhukku mela solradhukku onnum illa...

HonestRaj
14th June 2013, 10:35 PM
GOURAVAM - radha mohan / prakashraj

- oru vatti paarkkalam... will test your patience
- supposed to be humour dialogues in this film can compete with 3 paer 3 kaadhal dialogues.. adi matta rangekku mokkaiya ezhudhirukkanga..

NOV
15th June 2013, 04:54 PM
Man of Steel
If your idea of the perfect Superman is Christopher Reeves who goes as Clark Kent in normal life wearing specs and looking "completely different" from Superman, and who goes into the phone booth to "change" then this movie is not for you!
Remember this is Nolan's take on Superman, so expect a lot of darkness. He turns the story turvy and presents a completely different take.

Man of Steel made $21 million from its late Thursday and midnight showings. This marks Warner Bros. third highest midnight opening, just behind Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2 and The Dark Knight Rises. It is also the biggest advance night/midnight debut for a non sequel.

mappi
15th June 2013, 05:11 PM
Man of Steel
Remember this is Nolan's take on Superman, so expect a lot of darkness. He turns the story turvy and presents a completely different take.

Hope audiences dont take this "take" seriously and start considering the real Hanuman of Hollywood. I wish they do not give importance as they gave to Batman. I was crying load shouting that its all wrong when everyone was calling Nolan's Batman was a master-piece.

Will be watching the 3D version next Friday.

mappi
15th June 2013, 05:11 PM
Star Trek : Introduction

Somewhere in the very far future, the government is named as United Federation of Planets or "The Federation". Its job is to govern (what US is doing now), but just that their perimeter has enlarged to planetary administration. Under them are Starfleet (something like FBI) to help them stabilise peace which includes exploration of new planets and reserach. The Federation has enemies and alies, mostly non-human (as we are talking about other planets whose inhabitants are mostly Aliens). Allies work and help The federation in R&D.

Star trek is about an exploration team consisting of about 10 plus important commandant and a handful of crew members, whose prime goal is patroling in the space on a space ship - USS Enterprise NCC-1701 (commanly known as Enterprise) - and at the same time look for more life, in other words look for adventure. The team consists of :

James T. Kirk : The captain, you know that cool guy who is often seen having fun and at a point of time realises his duties and saves the world.

Spock : Mister Spock is half human and Half Vulcan (oh! don't worry about Vulcan - its just another planet and the Vulcans are the first aliens to assit The Federation). He has certain abilities far from human understanding.

Leonard "Bones" McCoy : Its me, I mean, the Doc of the Ship. Just a curious fellow who does not leave anything for chance. "Eveything has a motive and reason for existence" kind of freek.

[So mainly the adventures are handled by these 3 and they have a very special bond and energy between them]

Montgomery "Scotty" Scott : Engineer. Just like anyother intelligent man, he is a bit at lose of usual human behaviour. Usually he comes in handy to debloc a suituation.

Hikaru Sulu : By the name you know his origins and he is the first in command, simply put, the pilot of the ship USS Enterprise - NCC-1701.

Nyota Uhura : She is the communication officier and a former student of Mister Spock. Side Role : love interest of Mister Spock and she got numerous problem with Mister Spock's reaction towards human Love. Her "mysterious" name is most of the time the centre of humour.

[And we got some friendly Aliens on the ship too. You will identify them when they are on screen - just dont get scared, as mentioned they are friendly. Highlight : Scotty has an alien assitant called Keenser. This alien is fun for any kid. And he also has some special place in the series.]

This special set of commandants use some advanced technology (as guessed) to explore the space, one of them being a transportation method using a machine called Transporter. It basically teleports them to almost anywhere in the time zone but "conditions apply".

And each person is seen on specific colored uniforms. Don't worry about it, its just a color for a rank. You can easily follow it while watching the series or movie.

Now the Villans : There are a bunch, but the mostly deadly is Khan Noonien Singh. He is an Indian (yes you read it right!) and genetically modifed into a super-human-alien. Now he wants to take the planetary world with a bunch of sidekicks. Ofcoarse The Federation wants to stop him (if not them, who else) notably our NCC-1701 captain and his crew. Then you got a handful of villans - Roomulans, Gray, Kira (there is a sweet episode with Spock), Dukat etc.

So if you know these details, Star trek is quite easy to follow. Its mainly an adventure + the emotions between main characters + an episode where one of the characters is given importance so that we know more about them. And ofcoarse there are so many alien planets out there, but the fearful one is Qunos (or Kronos). They are as powerful as The Federation, just that they do not share the same (political) vision (Does Russia ring a bell)

With this intro, you are all set to watch and enjoy Star Trek : Into the darkeness (2013). Watching Star Trek (2009) helps you to identify the Actors, but none of the these 2 movies have anything informative for 1st time viewers. Thats why I deceided to give you the intro for those who do not know what Star Trek is. Without the basic knowledge you cannot appreciate the film, and after knowing if you still dont like it, then Star Trek is not in your syllabus covered by "Konark fantasy guide".

mappi
15th June 2013, 05:12 PM
Star Trek : Into the Darkness (English : 2013 : 2h22m)
Produced & Directed by Jeffrey Jacob Abrams

Music : Michael Giacchino
Visual Effects : Industrial Light & Magic

Banner : Bad Robot Productions

Starring :
Chris Pine as Captain Krik
Zachary Quinto as Mister Spock
Zoe Saldana as Nyota Uhura
Karl Urban as Mccoy
Simon Pegg as Scott
John Cho as Hikaru Sulu
Benedict Cumberbatch as Khan
Peter Weller as Marcus
Alice Sophia Eve as Dr. Carol Marcus [They should have kept her hair long - no worries - she is as gorgeous as she should be)

After an miraculous escape from a primitive planet, and on the run saving the planet from a deadly Volcanic disaster, Captain Krik is before his Admiral Pike not in a so good position. Mister Spock had given the true version of the intervention, which is everything else than the report of the Captain, resulting in Krik loosing his ship Enterprise and his crew, including Spock as his second in command. While bar episodes follow, there is a blast in one of the archives of The Federation in London. So all the "who-is-who" of The Federation are assembled in the Headquaters to analyse the suituation. Its when a suprise attack is launched, killing a few, which included the Admiral Pike whom Krik considers as a Father Figure. As guessed, Krik starts his vengenceful journey to track down the killer, Khan, admist the revolt from his team members recollecting him that they are not a war-ship but an exploring one. After quite hard decesions and firmity, Krik sets off in search of Khan to Kronos, the last possible location of the most wanted Khan. There is a problem, Kronos is the enemy planet, but Krik lands there, just to be suprised to see Khan helping him out and volunteerly surrendering. When they are on the Enterprise, Krik learns quite shocking things from Khan. After a while Enterprise comes into a suprise attack. With the Khan's help, which is unavoidable, Krik has to encounter this mysterious attacking ship inorder to save his ship and crew. Whats Khan's motive, who is he, who is attacking the Enterprise - takes Krik and his team into an adventure which ends him in the releams of darkness where truth is anything but plesant. Meantime Mister Spock takes the command of the ship and with one of his ability contacts his future self just to learn that Khan is not to be trusted and Spock will defeat Khan, but by paying a HUGE price.

J.J. Abrams, once again re-invented Star Trek, taking much care not to spoil the original and most importantly not attmpting to give the version of his. As usual, the dialogues and the relationship between the principle character are funny and real. Another highlight is that they have also kept the same sounds those which were used in the classic-cult series. Comparing with the 1st, Abrams has opted for more grandeur and destructions for this sequel. Killing Pike was the limit to show that the title says "Darkness". Eventhough, not sure if I could have seen it comming, it did not disappoint me as Pike is a less talked about character.

The visual effects is anything but real, at the same time magnificent to watch. There are quite a lot thrilling moments, notably entering into the "mysterious" ship, which looks promising. The music-trick used to wake you up, is used in this movie too, and the bgm score is just wonderful. I do not know how many of you stay while the credits roll, the music is too good there. Eventhough dark at many parts, the cinematography is top notch. 3D is not top, and I am yet to see it on 2D (will be watching it towmorrow). Not being a BIG fan of 3D, I would easily say to watch the 2D version.

Chirs Pine and Zachary Quinto continue their explosive performences in this movie too. When Chris remains that "what-am-I-going-to-do" guy, its Zachary who comes out of his Vulcan side and turns human making your eyes widen. And that followed by a chase puts your nails between your teeth. Simon Pegg does what he is best at - casually saying or doing the most funniest thing. As mentioned above, Alice was a bit disappointment to me. Her scenes were quite rushed and to add, you just got to see her full "potrait" for just a second. Just her torso is on screen, eventhough she was wearing those "blue-minis". Karl Urban projects well the "panicking-doc". Another worth noting performence was Benedict. But they could have fine tuned his action scenes to show how menancing he could be rather than just a brawl.

I agree that there are many plot holes and "he-could-have-just-done-this" kind of suituations. For those who would like to pin-point that, here is my reply - It would be like taking the Hardy Boys series that you had read while you were 15 and reviewing it when you have turned 40. You got a give a break to yourself when it comes to Fantasy Re-invention. Ofcoarse the sci-fi movies of the 70's look silly now, but still considered a cult. For that Avatar is the most dumbest movies ever made. The point is the motive behind the film makers - sticking to the original and presenting it in an agreeable way to the present audience. Here they have more than suceeded. And then there is this comparison with Star Wars - come on, try to understand each movie rather than making visual comparisons.

Star Trek-Into the Darkness : Comes out BRIGHT

BM
16th June 2013, 12:12 AM
Man Of Steel - Except for the climax CG fights, loved the movie.

Theeya Velai Seyyanum Kumaru - Total laugh riot, especially 2nd half. Typical Sundar's comedy movie.

HonestRaj
16th June 2013, 06:09 PM
Nagaraja chozhan MA MLA
- rehash of version 1
- struggling performance by Mani.. but chozhan SR still looks good enough..
- mani wants to make this film as a social awareness film...
- senthamizhan, as usual unintentional fun...
- nothing much to say.. but the end credit Amaidhipadai clippings with IR bgm :bow: :clap:
- better, live with the original.. forget this one.....

- RIP, Manivannan!!!!

- i'm the one who always praised his films & his directorial skills in this hub.. & when 80's films have become outdated, i always enjoyed his films in multiple visits.. the most enjoyable were the one's with SR & Annan Gounder... few to mention,

* Jallikattu.. hey raaja.. NT & SR :bow: top notch pair..
* Pudhu manidhan... classic kabali & ravusu rasappan.. one of my all time GM favourite..
* vazhkkai chakkaram
* vidinja kalyanam
* mudhal vasantham
* gopurangal saaivadhillai..... vinu chakravarthy, mohan :lol:
* captain's 100th day .. with IR's extra ordinary bgm
* with lesser hero, he makes some engaging films.. one that comes to my mind is Goverment mapillai (?) - anadaraj is the hero

& top of all AMAIDHIPADAI ....

& just as an actor.. so many memorable roles.. i like him in comic-villain roles (periya idathu mapillai, thaimaman) but not in serious character roles.. something he did in Red..

& here it is, a ROFL piece from Annan, Manivannan & Sathyaraj from Maman Magal..

kabhi kabhi mera dhillu mein.. kayaal hei

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH2iwdIu6xY

- RIP, Manivannan!!!!

- no one can be a match for him!!!

mappi
17th June 2013, 03:05 PM
- i'm the one who always praised his films & his directorial skills in this hub.. & when 80's films have become outdated, i always enjoyed his films in multiple visits

Same here. But I have not watched all his directorials, think missed about 10 or so. Planning to dedicate a week for "Manivannan Films". Making a list / find the movie, then get set ... GO.

kabhi kabhi mera dhillu mein.. kayaal hei]

Aii Dadi, Yenna !
Kabhi.
Yenna Kabhi !
Mera Dilll ...

NOV
17th June 2013, 05:12 PM
Planning to dedicate a week for "Manivannan Films". Making a list / find the movie, then get set ... GO.http://spicyonion.com/director/manivannan-movies-list/

mappi
17th June 2013, 06:09 PM
Thanks NOV.
First in the list would be Vidinja Kalyaanam & Muthal Vasantham. I usually confuse with these 2 movies.

Not seen : Andan Adimai, Ambigai Neril Vanthaal, Jothi, Anbin Mugavari, Kuvaa Kuvaa Vaaththukkal, Thozhar Pandian,

Can't remember : January 1, Theertha Karayinele, Veerappadhakkam, Government Mappillai, Ullathil Nalla Ullam

Anyway, even the titles are too good - Sandhana Kaatru, Therkku Theru Matchan, Puyal Paadum Paatu, Paalaivana Rojakal, Vidinja Kalyaanam ...

ajaybaskar
17th June 2013, 10:54 PM
TVSK

Typical Sundar C film. Enjoyed it with its limitations. Much better than his previous film. Santhanam was good too.

Brianengab
18th June 2013, 11:52 AM
Watched 'Thillu mullu' in theatre..No need to compare wit the original..compare panna, epdiyum intha padathai 'nalla ilai'nu thaan solvaanga..
compare pannama paartha, nalla entertainment movie paartha thirupthi irukkum.. especially last 20 mins. (Santhanam portion) is laugh riot.. :)
Siva s ok... as usual Prakashraj rocks :thumbsup:.. heroine s luking lik katrina kaif...i watched heroine's 1st film (malayalam)..athula adakkama iruntha ponnai, ithula glamour role.. Kovai sarala did her role gud.. bt epovume naakkula vel kuthittu irukkirathu (in front of prakash) is not logic..

My rating - 3/5...

Naagaraja cholan..

Nothing much to say..casting nd story is gud..bt screenplay is too weak..young sathyaraj character is totally waste nd forced climax..
bt naagarajan nd mani rocks.. mani dialogues nd slang :thumbsup:

My rating - 2.5/5..

NOV
19th June 2013, 09:16 AM
Watched two 1979 releases recently:
Kanni Paruvathile - which was a blockbuster then
Ponnu Oorukku Pudhusu

Both films dealt about sex, albeit illicit ones - a theme very popular during those times.
In Kanni Paruvathile Vadivukkarasi is married to an impotent Rajesh and in a moment of weakness she forgets herself with K. Bhagyaraj. Who then sees a window of opportunity open. Pattu vanna rosaavaam is the sad song of the impotent husband. :)

In Ponnu Oorukku Pudhusu, Shoba enters a village with 999 people as a Birth Control Consultant. Legend has it that the 1000th person in the village will die. The extremely sex song, Orampo (banned in both India and Malaysia) appears in this movie. Sudhakar "only" rides Shoba's bicycle in this song. :lol2:
Again there is illicit sex, suspicions and gossip. And the usual twist in the end.

mappi
19th June 2013, 11:33 PM
Waar (Pakistani movie) trailer

Ladies and gentlemen, I invite Ajith and YSR fans to reply if you want to know what this trailer is doing here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HBjWcFV_ZY

BM
20th June 2013, 12:39 PM
Waar (Pakistani movie) trailer

Ladies and gentlemen, I invite Ajith and YSR fans to reply if you want to know what this trailer is doing here.

:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8kDlHS5PFU

ArulprakasH
20th June 2013, 01:21 PM
^^^

What is there in the video?

BM
20th June 2013, 01:45 PM
^^^

What is there in the video?

Billa theme. Mappi's Pak movie trailer bgm has some resemblance.

ArulprakasH
20th June 2013, 02:31 PM
Ok ok.. Thanks BM.. :)

mappi
20th June 2013, 05:31 PM
Ponnu Oorukku Pudhusu,
The extremely sex song, Orampo (banned in both India and Malaysia) appears in this movie.

Need some help here.

Yesterday evening I listened to the song many times. There is a saying that with the result constructing the theory is quite easy. But this song broke that. However and whichever angle I put the lyrics, I cannot come up with anything that needed a Ban, except if I am missing the whole point.

Could you please tell it to me ? (if its quite offensive and provocative, PM me)

And rest assured that I am +18 and absolutely Rated R ... LoL

NOV
20th June 2013, 05:45 PM
ரோட்ல எல்லாம் மேடு ரொம்ப இருக்கு
ஏத்தி விடுங்க நல்ல தூக்கி விடுங்க
ஏறினா பின்னே எனக்கு பின்னே நீங்க வர வேணும்
பலமாக தள்ளாதீங்க
தள்ளாதீங்க தள்ளாதீங்க
குறுக்கால போகாதீங்க
போகாதீங்க போகாதீங்க
இனிக்கும் அச்சு வெள்ளம் எள்ளு புண்ணாக்கும்
எடுத்துவாரேன் பத்தாட்டி நான் இன்னும் தாரேன்

ருக்குமணிய பின்னால உக்கார வச்சு
மருதை டவுன் எல்லாம் அழகா சுத்தி வருவேன்
கேக்குறதெல்லாம் வாங்கி தருவேன் ஆசைப்படி நானே
குஷியான சவாரிதான்
நல்லா தள்ளு நல்லா தள்ளு
கொண்டாட்டம் சந்தோஷம்தான்
நல்ல சொல்லு நல்ல சொல்லு
கிழக்க போகும் ரயில கூட முந்தி வருவேன்
பந்தையம் வப்பேன் எல்லோரையும் கூட்டி வருவேன் டோய்

mappi
20th June 2013, 05:57 PM
Well, thanks Nov.

Not wishing to bring this song as a huge topic here, I end it just by saying that :
yes I did note some provocative (as said localy double meaning), but its quite far fetched. There are more non-hidden "meaningful" songs becoming smashing hits.

Just was wondering what would have caused someone to ban a song on these lines (I was sooo small @1979 - just learnt this "matter" here thru you).

And I always liked this song.

END

NOV
20th June 2013, 06:14 PM
theres a lot of history behind this song... it was a huge hit, despite its ban. guys were also using this song to tease girls. lol:
TMS while in sri lanka, mentioned that the ppl behind the song would one day be oramfied by thamizh makkal. IR then ignored TMS completely and it was almost 10 years before TMS sang in IR music.

19thmay
20th June 2013, 07:13 PM
Tiny Tiger - Dhaadiwala indha padathukku eppdi othukitaar-nu therila! NKPK, Soodhu Kavvum-nu newbies 4th gear-la egirutuirukura kaalathula arudha kaalathu rajkiran kind of movie with typical mother centiment, love, ooruku uzhaikira nallavan .... :fatigue:

hattori_hanzo
21st June 2013, 10:58 AM
Two movies were released last week and both are doing well - Theeya Velai Seyyanum Kumaaru and Thillu Mullu.
But one strange coincidence is that the two movies released on the same day are remakes of Amol Palekar hits. Everyone knows Thillu Mullu is a remake of KB's Thillu Mullu, which in turn was remade from the hindi movie, Gol Mal starring Amol Palekar.
TVSK is also a remake of one of Amol Palekar's best comedy hits, Choti Si Baat (1975)

mexicomeat
22nd June 2013, 08:29 PM
according to wikipedia, mohan has played negative roles in Vithi, Nooravathu Naal, Nan Ungal Rasigan and December Pookal

i have not seen the last 2 movies - are they any good?

RC
22nd June 2013, 09:15 PM
December pookkal is watchable one... azhagaaga siriththadhu andha nilavu, indha veNNilaa pOnRa iniya paadalgal niRaindha padam!

ecureuhapis
23rd June 2013, 03:04 AM
Mumbai XPress - First half is actually quite funny, but 2nd half was huge let-down.

19thmay
23rd June 2013, 03:02 PM
TVSK - Nice movie with plenty of :lol: scenes. Liked Santhanam after BEB, in fact his role is yet another thala thalapathy but certain dialogues, analogy made me to :rotfl: especially Nagoor biriyani. Siddharth did his role.

Sundar C is the current best comedy director :thumbsup:

19thmay
23rd June 2013, 03:03 PM
December pookkal is watchable one... azhagaaga siriththadhu andha nilavu, indha veNNilaa pOnRa iniya paadalgal niRaindha padam!

Though the flow of the movie was good, the reason for all the murders was semma mokka!

Brianengab
23rd June 2013, 03:20 PM
Revisited Pudhupettai on jaya tv last nit...

தனுஷ் வாழ்ந்திருக்காயா... :clap:

HonestRaj
23rd June 2013, 05:14 PM
sometime back watched KADHALA KADHALA...
- still i don't get why this film is rated high above other good comedies by kamal fans
- after an hour or so, i was just wait for the film to end... fast forwarded the climax chase
- kaasu mela .. is the only plus from the film

NOV
23rd June 2013, 05:14 PM
7G Rainbow Colony - have avoided all these while because of the :rant: hero... but decided to give it a go becos of Selvaraghavan.... what to say :thumbsup:

HonestRaj
23rd June 2013, 05:17 PM
GUNA
- watched first time..
- watched with huge expectations..
- 1st half was very good.. last 30 mins was a let down
- Roshini car drive panni kamal'i idikkiradhum adutha scene'la car mela yerradhum :clap:

Mahen
23rd June 2013, 07:24 PM
Ranjhna..superb first half..2nd half sutham..maybe i was expecting a VTV kinda of film..,i dont quite understand what Sonam was trying to do..she never loved dhanush till the end? :roll:

SoftSword
24th June 2013, 02:54 PM
sometime back watched KADHALA KADHALA...
- still i don't get why this film is rated high above other good comedies by kamal fans
- after an hour or so, i was just wait for the film to end... fast forwarded the climax chase
- kaasu mela .. is the only plus from the film

rated high?? enga? yaru?

SoftSword
24th June 2013, 02:55 PM
GUNA
- watched first time..
- watched with huge expectations..
- 1st half was very good.. last 30 mins was a let down
- Roshini car drive panni kamal'i idikkiradhum adutha scene'la car mela yerradhum :clap:

yov... first time ah??

Brianengab
24th June 2013, 04:42 PM
Naayak (Telugu)..

Action+comey+romance=A1 masala movie..

My rating - 3/5..

HonestRaj
24th June 2013, 09:28 PM
yov... first time ah??
First time fully... earlier konjam konjam

HonestRaj
24th June 2013, 09:31 PM
rated high?? enga? yaru?
Ingethan.. kamal comedies discussionla idhaiyum serthuppanga

hattori_hanzo
24th June 2013, 10:43 PM
Falooda, Ezhavu, Roberts-son, Vikadananda scenes ellaam pramaadhama irukkum. First half was very enjoyable. Poga poga ellaa charactersum orey edathula kuvinju naadagam feel vandhidum. Last half an hour went downhill and the only other KH movie which had a similar pattern was MMA. Apperpatta Kadhala Kadhalavayum Hindi'a "Housefull"-nu remake panni sambaadhichuttaanga.

venkkiram
25th June 2013, 08:13 AM
Ingethan.. kamal comedies discussionla idhaiyum serthuppanga KK, ME were all dry lands. I remember AV still gave 41 marks for KK. Such was their biased state. KK was like a Tajmahal of BR. An wonderful opportunity got wasted by poor plot-screenplay-execution in spite of having talented resources.

NOV
25th June 2013, 08:36 AM
1. pon ondru kanden pen angu illai

2. naan kaviignanum illai

3. annan kaattiya vazhiyammaa

4. nallavan enakku naane nallavan

5. ohoho manidhargale

6. than nilavu thenirukka

:clap: :clap: :clap:

what more can one want from a film?

one line from the song annan kaattiya vazhiyammaa is enough to summarise the whole plot.... therinthe kedupathu pagaiyaagum theriyamal keduppathu uravaagum :clap:

SoftSword
25th June 2013, 02:44 PM
Ingethan.. kamal comedies discussionla idhaiyum serthuppanga

ok ok.. i thot it was only termed as an average and have not seen K fans taking too much credit for this...
i personally enjoyed this movie...
this movie was released on the next day to vijay's ninaitthen vandhaai released...
school time... both the movies, we bunked the summer classes and went in the morning, could not get tickets for morning show and watched afternoon show... i could enjoy it with the gang... still i would call it an average movie... everytime this movie invokes those memories and the way we danced for kasumelae...

Brianengab
25th June 2013, 02:57 PM
Neram...

Pakka script..Casting nd story :clap:... The innocent pagalavan (Soodhu kavvum) did the vatti raja role s quite different nd did his best..
as expected, nazria s gorgeous on screen..hero s too ok..i watched hero's malayala film 'Thathayathin maryathu' & 'Chapter' already..so he s nt new to me..
film s nt boring though the screenplay s slow..wonder y tis film s nt picked in BO...
Cameo role Nasser :lol: :bow:..The build up before Nasser start to singing :rotfl::rotfl:...
Each nd every incidents/problems s co-related nd solved wit unexpected pagalavan death..
U cn speand ur 'Neram' definitely to watch tis 'Neram' :-D

My rating - 3.5/5..

Brianengab
26th June 2013, 05:04 PM
watched the movie last nit show..v can give the current generation 'Navarasa naayagan' pattam to Dhanush... wt a actor he is..:clap:.. he s showing lot of expressions nd emotions for each scenes...

actually, tis story doesnt require much acting scope..bt dhanush pinni irukkaapla...ther r no. of scenes i cn say..
i list out sum few here..

1. the scene before sonam nd abhay wedding..
2. dialogue expression after hugging sonam ... :bow:
3. crying in front of abhay funeral
4. expressions during piya milenge song
5. asaalt smiling every time sonam slapping him...etc.,etc...

no other actor cn justice dhanush role... he proved he cn act even in a commerical movie..

Coming to story, movie s gud entertainment...i cnt believe dhanush doesnt knw hindi before the movie launch.. perfection in every dialogue deliveries.. :bow:
last 15 mins. s only boring nd sonam also did her role gud..

All songs r situation songs.. all songs r ther except Nazar laaye song.. :-|

My rating - 3.5/5.... If 2nd half s much better, i cn giv 4.5/5...

interz
26th June 2013, 06:18 PM
Sarocharu (telugu w/ eng subtitles) - average but watchable once.

Another story that as a "imagine" heroine like in Vaali, Vandhan Vendran. Kajal agarwal and Richa Gangopathi has little more scope than usual telugu heroines. Raviteja is being less goofy which doesnt work for me. I hope to see a raviteja in his best again in a good movie.

Avadi to America
26th June 2013, 07:46 PM
1. pon ondru kanden pen angu illai

2. naan kaviignanum illai

3. annan kaattiya vazhiyammaa

4. nallavan enakku naane nallavan

5. ohoho manidhargale

6. than nilavu thenirukka

:clap: :clap: :clap:

what more can one want from a film?

one line from the song annan kaattiya vazhiyammaa is enough to summarise the whole plot.... therinthe kedupathu pagaiyaagum theriyamal keduppathu uravaagum :clap:

Excellent songs from Padithaal mattum pothumma... watched this movie in theater when i was a kid...

HonestRaj
26th June 2013, 08:54 PM
SVSC

same here..
padathula oru twistum illai onnum illai..

something to differentiate brothers..

venkatesh style: kaiyai pinnadi kondu poyi shirt collar'i oru 2 inch thooki viduvaru
mahesh babu style: tuck in panna shirt eduthu veliye viduvaru..

it looks like Anjali reduced her weight.. munnai vida idhula konjam slim ah irundha madhiri irukku

ajaybaskar
26th June 2013, 11:50 PM
Raanjhanaa

Havent seen any of Aanand L Rai's previous movie. Went to the movie for ARR and Dhanush. They have carried the movie on their shoulders. Dhanush couldn't have dreamt of a better Bollywood debut. Credit to the director for giving him a role which fits him to a T.

The first half moves at rapid pace while the second half is bit dragging because of the complete change of milieu. But it can be pardoned as it forms the base for the climax.

ARR, with complete freedom, can do wonders to a film. Raanjhanaa is one perfect example. All songs have been used perfectly. Nazar Laye is used too. BGM was apt.

SoftSword
27th June 2013, 02:57 PM
Raanjhanaa

Havent seen any of Aanand L Rai's previous movie. Went to the movie for ARR and Dhanush. They have carried the movie on their shoulders. Dhanush couldn't have dreamt of a better Bollywood debut. Credit to the director for giving him a role which fits him to a T.

The first half moves at rapid pace while the second half is bit dragging because of the complete change of milieu. But it can be pardoned as it forms the base for the climax.

ARR, with complete freedom, can do wonders to a film. Raanjhanaa is one perfect example. All songs have been used perfectly. Nazar Laye is used too. BGM was apt.

idhu... idhukkaagatthaan...

mappi
29th June 2013, 04:13 PM
Anyone remember or is a fan of Gaint Robot !
I was / am a huge fan of the series telecasted on DD. The theme music still rings in my ears, and how I used to take off just after an episode humming this theme brings back the golden days as a kid.

Here is an episode : (Johnny Sokko, Monster eating bullet, firing it back & Gargoyle ... LoL (now))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6TZEsgpBgU

Now Warner Brothers and Del Toro bring back the classic (ofcoarse twisted American version) as Pacific Rim. Not to be missed :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5guMumPFBag

mappi
29th June 2013, 05:40 PM
Man of Steel [2013 : English : 2h20]

Directed by Zack Snyder
Produced by Christopher Nolan & friends
Adapted from : Known only to Zack & Nolan

Spl Effects : Weta Digital, MPC, and Double Negative
Music : (sleepy) Hans Zimmer

Banner : Warner Bros. Pictures

Starring : Henry Cavill & Amy Adams (others you can skip or look for their photos on internet)

Man of Steel Post Part 1 :

Summersing Superman Intro : Planet Krypton is dying - Zod the mad general wants to take it back and give it a chance with a funny rebirth system - EL (biological father of Kal aka Superman on earth) wants a more diplomatic (rather democratic) solution - Zod ends up fighting El, killing him ofcoarse - Lara (the mother) quickly launches the super-baby to earth - Zod gets arrested & sent to the space prison.

Summersing Superman as Young Clark : On earth, the Kents raise Kal as Clarke - Clarke is lost as he is not able to understand whats happening to him - The kents guide him to control his emotions (powers) - Clarke saves his classmates - Appa Kent shows the vessel in which Kent Jr. arrived - Clarke goes in search of his true identity saving people all the way.

Summerising Man of Steel : Clarke finds a space ship - Finds his cape - Agrees to be annonymous - goes too close to Lane's lips each time but not kiss her, no, not yet, not now - Zod escapes, comes to earth, wants Superman - Superman fights Zod and his sidekicks - Victory - And now Superman kisses Louis Lane.

You got all in there, anything missed is merely my ignorence and absolutely not the film-maker's fault.

The very first thought I got while the end credits were rolling, was whether Zack would acknowledge Mani Rathnam. The sun, the glow and Superman's "Lighted face" is a super-dooper lift from Thalapathy (Thalaivar and the glow - miss those days). That said, the movie is anything but engaging, eventhough it has some exciting but repeatitive grande finale with all sorts of noise, boom & blast. The intros are quite fast, and the movie quickly swifts from an angle to another gaining all our attention, until Clarke discovers his "underware-less" Cape. From there it goes not only downhill, but digs itself further more to the core of the earth and gets burnt before anyone can bury it. The Visuals, the machines, the specifications and attention given to minute details are all praise and note worthy. These guys are good on paper-work when it comes to technical details. Jumping straight on to the cast - as mentioned sometime back, Amy Adams is quite pretty. Its only while driving back I was wondering whether she blinked in the movie (LoL). Henry Cavill, his broad shoulder says it all. Apt as superman and lost as Kent, he gives a "not-so-engaging" but interesting performence. Rest of the cast (Michael Shannon or Kevin Costner or Laurence Fishburne or Russell Crowe) are there to pull people in by mentioning their names on the poster. And Diane Lane, my (once upon a time) favorite actress, she is more like the step-sister to "Indian" Sukanya.

As usual to show a difference and put their stamp on a comic-book movie, What the film makers concentrated much was on the narrative physics, ending up in making a "no-superman-returns" but Superman-Reboot. The whole premisis has changed (constantly adressing superman as an alien), and as Nohlan always tries to sprinkle political messages [Remember : our Dark Knight is Bush], Man of Steel is no exception to it, refering to "alien" Superman to the current president of US. Oh boy! should I mention the destruction the Steel Man makes. He does more than he was asked for, rather more than he can actually do. On the otherhand, Zack relies on godly and spiritual messages in his movies. Here suiting to the dialogue, Kal glides of the ship with his arms streched (ofcoarse a "glow" around his head - thanks Sun) as soon as its announced that he will be the god to the humans. There is much more to this political-jesus angle, but much of the audiences are really not bothered, thus no discussion about it unless asked for. Just as a Nota Bene 1 & 2 - immigration & Superman not saving US alone but going global - are 2 things that cannot be over-looked by any viewer.

mappi
29th June 2013, 05:41 PM
Man of Steel Post Part 2 :

The writers have "modified" the superman basic tutoriols much intelligently. Actually El tells Kal not to use his super powers that will affect the Humans and Kent tells clark that he is on earth for a reason. In the reboot, El wants Kal to assure that Human do not destroy the earth as the Kyptonians did with Krypton and his being on earth is for that reason, whereas Kent tells clark not to use his superpower to help and destruct the balance. These changes are welcoming and fits the REBOOT. But all the Louis Lane (and for the records Louis is not the 1st grilfriend of Superman, its Lana Lang) & other encounters are ALL WRONG. Why all wrong because they mixed up eveything just to make a Global Franchaise out of it and escape with all the sequels they are going to produce. The main gap in superman Movies is because they did not know how to carry the series forward just with Superman versus Zod and Superman versus Luther [Guys, there are so many other super-villans that Man of Steel can fight]. But again they took the same villan-thing, analysed the failure of Superman Returns, scripted some brutal murders, used the selling-buying-reselling of DC efficiently and made Man of Steel.

One point I want to make it very clear and firm, I am all in for modifications / changes etc., But it comes with an enormous price and when paid back properly I am all happy. What disturbs me is Superman's attitude towards the end. Listen, the motive for comics and producing super-hero (& villans) is to show the difference between the Good & Evil amoung us. Good fights evil and its evil ways, and always trumps victorious not by killing it but putting it away [Even today in the TFI the cops are obligatory just before the end credits]. The principle is that Good never KILLS, if it does so, its no more considered GOOD. Superman has killed (but never Louis Lane ... I was LoL when she was credited for killing a "Phantom Zone villain"), so superman has killed but never coldly. Zod does die in the hands of Superman, but not this early and certainly not this way. Actually he puts Zod and his side-kicks in the mirror and toggles them into the "Pocket universe", and its only after Zod had merely suceeded in erasing the earth and was overpowered, Superman uses his "multi-colored" Krytonite to depower him and finally puts an end to Zod when he announces that "I will be back, even more powerful" (For records other couple of killings are credited as accidents). And Superman is there to save, not to provoke thousands of death. This film is a gory massacre of Humans than Superman saving the day. But still he has a good eye on Lane and catches her each time she falls !

Another thing is the trade mark of imagination. Where is the Red underware ? Else he looks like Spider-man having a very bad dream. And the glowing Red and Green Kyptonite ! (was dumbly replaced by a Black Key of a sort). Where is Zod's (huge voice) "Kneel before Zod" line? Man of Steel is a perfect exemple of what you get when your research is Half-Baked. Hope they don't omit the "telephone-booth-take-offs" in thier sequel. I can carry-on for pages, but I stop here keeping in mind, its a Tamil Film Discussion Forum.

Man of Steel : SapaMan

NB 3 : The movie was converted to 3D in Post-production and was never shot in 3D. The 3D is more forced than sweet. The 2D is just perfect. As usual, choice is yours, but watch it in a 7.1 dolby equiped cinema halls, to get the maximum from the flying machines and sleaths. Interestingly they have mixed 4 different sounds when Superman takes off ... Ok Ok, I stop here ... LoL.

HonestRaj
29th June 2013, 07:22 PM
NERAM
- another extended short film stuff
- goes along with the recent trend..
- little incident - less characters - comedy for most part but not as a track - kind of good music - beautiful cinematography - earlier few years back, it was fast cuts & zoom in zoom out camera.. but now it is slow motion trend...
- vazhakkam pola.. oru vaatti parkkalam..
- Nasser's cameo :clap: :lol: cd writing, ausom ausom.. :lol:

http://mimg.sulekha.com/tamil/neram/stills/neram-film-050.jpg

Brianengab
29th June 2013, 09:59 PM
- Nasser's cameo :clap: :lol: cd writing, ausom ausom.. :lol:

athe...athe... :rotfl::rotfl:

and before nasser start to sing...allakkai (without patience) to hero, "thambi...thambiyai aditcha auto number paarthiya"... :rotfl:

mappi
29th June 2013, 11:21 PM
Thala_rasigan, I wanted to ask you this morning but forgot. Is the DVD of Neeram available ? Like to get a copy of the film.

Wonderful narration, sad it did not make it big. Fine, no problem, Alfonse name sits in the dictionary where the word Talent is defined.
I am all support for him, his team & their future projects.

Brianengab
30th June 2013, 11:19 AM
mappi...

its already out..u cn check wit uyirvani link... :)

HonestRaj
30th June 2013, 06:34 PM
SATHILEELAVATHI :rotfl3: :rotfl3:

- had a hearty laugh for 2+ hrs...
- dialogues are good & humor is spontaneous
- Ramesh Aravind has done very well..

rsubras
30th June 2013, 06:43 PM
SATHILEELAVATHI :rotfl3: :rotfl3:

- had a hearty laugh for 2+ hrs...
- dialogues are good & humor is spontaneous
- Ramesh Aravind has done very well..

take out scenes involving Kamal and the film is a bore...

hattori_hanzo
30th June 2013, 09:00 PM
Anyone remember or is a fan of Gaint Robot !
I was / am a huge fan of the series telecasted on DD. The theme music still rings in my ears, and how I used to take off just after an episode humming this theme brings back the golden days as a kid.

+1. It was telecasted on Sunday afternoons right? Never missed a single show. Used to even cry when Giant Robot got thrashed by the monsters. Downloaded one of the episodes few months back to revisit the classic. 5-mins mela paakka mudiyala :-) Giant Robot dhaan Pacific Rim'a? Thanks for the info!

hattori_hanzo
30th June 2013, 09:02 PM
Take out KH scenes and SL = Rettai Vaal Kuruvi. If you make it a bit more serious, SL = RVK = Marupadiyum.

19thmay
30th June 2013, 10:11 PM
^ :lol: How true!!

Btw .. Last movie - Thillu Mullu 2013. It started like old one and what a horrible movie making. They made like a spoof initially but failed miserably, check the interview scene :banghead: how classic it was in Rajini’s version. Later, they altered the original story a bit . Siva was good here and there. Prakash Raj can't match Thengai but he was ok.

Question to director and producer, thillu mullu humour sequences works even in 2013, why did you choose this?

interz
1st July 2013, 03:04 PM
The Happening - the bizarre movie

Weird movie my Shyamalan. It might have been scary if I saw it on theatre. Well acted by Mark wahlberg and Zoey Deschanel though. I must start not relying on the ratings of the movie. Got fooled by the ratings for this one.

SoftSword
1st July 2013, 03:58 PM
neram sari illa...
25 min shortfilm rolla podalangaa maadhiri thongavittu adila kallukatti neettirukkaanga...

HonestRaj
1st July 2013, 09:21 PM
neram sari illa...
25 min shortfilm rolla podalangaa maadhiri thongavittu adila kallukatti neettirukkaanga...

NERAM
- another extended short film stuff
- goes along with the recent trend..

venkkiram
1st July 2013, 09:44 PM
neram sari illa...
Same can be said for many full length films from the past.. to name a few anjali, poove unakkaaga :)

mappi
1st July 2013, 11:53 PM
+1. It was telecasted on Sunday afternoons right?

Yes, Sponsored by "I Love You Rasna" (with the "la la la" Lyril soap ad inbetween)
Plus you have "friendly neighbourhood spiderman" and Vikram Aur Vedhal.
80's weekends' was fun on DD, espicially for kids.

mappi
2nd July 2013, 12:16 AM
[QUOTE=interz;1057214]The Happening - the bizarre movieQUOTE]

"Kathala" Manoj "Rathirila" Shyamalan movies rest between the genres. They are haunting more than thrilling or scary, sometimes there would be jumping moments, but his motive is to haunt you. Thats where many fail to recognise and appreciate his work. Take Happening : while you are watching it or after watching it, just to have a seed of thought that what happens if the trees deceide to send carbon dioxide instead of oxygen permanantly is haunting ? We dont give a thought about it until we not only realise but recognise that its from the trees that we breathe. Once this seed is planted, it starts to haunt you forever.

Similarly, We have read about monsters in fairy tales and have been scared. Just imagine if its a parrallel world and through a portal that monster come to your bedroom for real. Just imagine how you would feel if you come to know after 1h30 mins that you were in an ascensor talking and reacting to someone who was realy dead ! Thats haunting, some really weird stuff and bringing it on screen is purley through naration skills.

Talking about rating, I second you. Take for exemple Redemption, the latest by Jason Statham (Hummingbird in UK and Crazy Joe in France). Its Drama (ofcoarse you have 10 secs of "bone-breaking" from time to time). The critics simply thrashed the movie by saying that Statham is getting better as an actor. They completely missed the core. There is a scene in the alley, a conversation between a nun and Statham, that summerises the movie. You live in Europe and I suppose you are aware of the state its in. Watch this movie, and let me know what you think.

SoftSword
2nd July 2013, 03:32 PM
Same can be said for many full length films from the past.. to name a few anjali, poove unakkaaga :)

venki... we are talking about neram... and i think u can very well talk about without bring any other movie into conversation... poove unakkaga et all.. i dont even remember the scenes now... same for anjali too... maybe they were also like how u say... but does that mean neram can be that way?

Brianengab
4th July 2013, 09:26 AM
Aurangzeb (Hindi)..

Gud story..wel executed wit screenplay.. bt sumthing s missing in characterization.. Prithiviraj s in his best :thumbsup:..
Rishi kapoor s as villain after seeing comic roles in so many recent films...villain character s well suited for rishi than comic roles...

My rating - 3/5...

mappi
4th July 2013, 05:32 PM
After Earth (English : 2013 : 1h40m)

Directed by M. Night Shyamalan (screenplay credits too)
Written (note this) & Produced by Will Smith
Cinematography by Peter Suschitzky
Music by James Newton Howard

Banner Columbia pictures

Starring : Smith Sr. & Jr., space crew, Garudar, Baboons and plants

Once again (making us feel guilty), the human have destroyed Planet Earth, but the Americans have found another Planet Nova Prime and migrated there (Attn: From here Americans are called Humans). There is a problem, in Nova Prime also "We are not alone" - the initial habitants, the aleins, constantly attack and kill humans, resulting in Nova Prime humans creating their proper SWAT team - The Rangers. The rangers are trained and have mastered to over come fear. Did I say that the aliens are blind and can recognise you with the smell of your own fear ? So Rangers are invisible to these Aliens and kill them just by standing under their feet. As expected, Smith Sr. is the ultimate Ranger, and Jr. Smith is taking the training to become one. (I really can't remember any of the character names - they are all weird, so please bare with me while adressing them with their family names). On the day when papa Smith comes home, Jr. has some bad news for him - he failed to become a Ranger. Smith Sr. then relaises that his son needs a father more than anything to be sucessful (thanks to Mrs. Smith), he takes his son along with him for a small operation. Unfortunately, their space ship gets into a "whatever" storm and crashes, the Smiths being the only surviors. 2nd Problem : The communicating device is broken and another one is in the tail of the ship which broke free and is anywhere out there, but near. 3rd Problem : Papa Smith broke his leg. So its upto the Jr. to take up the task to find this device, contact Nova Prime and get help. With the guidence of Papa, the son embarks the journey to get the communicating device, knowing well the dangers those awaits him on the ex-planet of Humans, Earth.

I was suprised to discover Will Smith being credited for the story. After Earth has few other plesant suprises. Firstly its straight forward - a sci-fi which you can understand, follow, relate to, without any assistance in your 1st view. The film never projects to be intelligent or talks much about science and wierd definitions. Secondly, the wonderful thing about this movie is how beautifully they have shown Earth. Its been a decade that all these films based on the future shows Earth in very pathetic state or the destruction of it is magnific. The film makers have made it a point to show Earth breezy and greeny. Thirdly, they kept a check on monster and creatures. They just show up where they have to, rather than every 5 mins and the main character running and jumping above it in slow-mo. For such reasons, the film is a BIG welcome.

M. Night's screenplay is quite engaging and the story is well conceived eventhough its not anything new. The problem arises when you try to disect the film. The most annoying one is the continuity. They start with ruined earth, jump to Nova Prime, jump to Space Ship, jump back to Earth and all of a sudden talk about revelations. I mean that nothing was elaborated. That rises a lot of questions, resulting in many plot holes and a confusious state while you walk out. Apart from that, those who not are quite keen in looking through a film, would certainly enjoy the film as much as I did.

Talking about the Smiths, firtsly for major part of the films, you see only the 2 Smiths. For that a special pat for Will Smith to write a story where he can give his son a boost during performence. First Sr. : Will Smith is as charmismatic as he was. He grips your attention and leaves it only towards the end. He plays most of the part by rolling his eyes, which emotes the fearless father's care for his son. Thats something very difficult to imagine, when you know that your son is out there all by his own but you are fearless. One thing I did not understand was why He was pulling in his upper Jaw and pushing out his lower one all the time ! Mannerism of his character or he has developed that habit ! Now Jade Smith : I have what Santhanam has to say : "nee-lam Nalla Varuva da". This kid is as charming as his father (but puts up a bit of arogant act rather than panic). He cries swiftly and regains himself the next moment and that comming from a kid is quite astonishing. They have also given enough scope for his atheletic talents. You can make out that there were no rope pull-stunts, but ofcoarse a rope for security, while Jade does some daring "cliff-hanging".

Finally, the sound is quite ordinary that its extra-ordinary. They have mixed it quite well, and kept it too soft just to suit the ambience and let us take in the beatiful Earth. Same goes with special effects too, eventhough few parts really look like Special Effects .. LoL. Mr. Night has taken our mytholigical and folklore plants, creatures and monster and wondefully masked in his worK. Thats quite welcoming as anyone looking to know what its actually, they will be lead back to our Puranas. Thanks Manoj.

After Earth : After Beautiful before wonderful.

ajaybaskar
4th July 2013, 11:53 PM
World War Z

Never been a fan of zombie movies and went to this movie by chance and not by choice. But it my exceeded expectations and the 3D was wonderful.

mappi
4th July 2013, 11:59 PM
World War Z

Releasing here on 17/07, will be watching it on 19/07.
In the trailer, it was a horror to watch the rope or pyramid of humans falling down while climbing that big Wall.
Didn't know that its about Zombies, thought its yet another End of Earth movie.

Brianengab
8th July 2013, 11:00 AM
Swamy ra ra (Telugu)..

Fantastic movie...Superb screenplay.. nt a single boring moment..

Climax s top-notch...

Neram + Settai + Soodhu Kavvum = Swamy ra ra..

Swathy s gorgeous in tis movie..

My rating - 4/5... Must watch move..otherwis it wil be a gr8 MISS...

mappi
8th July 2013, 03:49 PM
Neram + Settai + Soodhu Kavvum = Swamy ra ra..

Really !
Will try to watch it (soon).

Brianengab
8th July 2013, 04:58 PM
Yes mappi..the plot/screenplay of the above 3 movies s same here nd there wit tis movie (Swamy ra ra) ..

1. As Neram movie, the movie story s happeneing in a day (in Swamy ra ra-post interval) nd it s all abt a gang nd money/idol exchange frm one hand to another hand...

2. As settai movie, the idol (in Swamy ra ra) /diamonds (in settai) s selling in very low price than its real worth to villain/jewellery store and get trying to back it due to his GF s in villain custody..

3. As soodhu kavvum, the technique they r using s unique..in SK, they r doing kadathal wit sum interesting techniques......bt in tis movie (Swamy ra ra), they r doing pick pocket wit sum innovative ideas ...nd 4 people r doing tis in both the movies...

definitely u wil feel sumthing fresh/relaxation in ur mind after watching tis movie..i sure.. :)

interz
9th July 2013, 03:36 PM
Avatar - one of the best movies.

I was really sceptical about this movie before watching because I was expecting it to be a boring "artish" movie. But the 162 minutes were well spent watching this movie. To be honest i would have been off work few days if the movie ended sad, so I am glad it had a happy ending. The stroy is pretty simple. The good vs bad, machine vs nature, american aggresivity vs humanity, hope against delusion, faith vs disbelief and so on.

All characters were convincing in their part. Graphics is the main strenght of the movie. Without those awesome graphics it could have ended up like a movie about african tribe vs emperors. James Cameron made a movie ill never forget in my life.

NOV
9th July 2013, 05:16 PM
checking the calendar :boo:

mappi
10th July 2013, 03:53 PM
Evil Dead (English : 2013 : 1h30m)
[Based on 1981 Evil Dead - Remake or sequel : read on]

Directed by Fede Alvarez (hails from Uruguay)
Produced by Sam Raimi (Creator of Evil Dead), Bruce Campbell (Hero of Sam Raimi's Evil Dead Series (character name Ash), Robert Tapert (Producer of Sam Raimi's Evil Dead series)

Writer : Rodo Sayagues
Music : Roque Banos (Spanish Music director)
Cinematography : Aaron Morton
Concept Art : Santiago Vecino (Uruguayan)

Banner : Ghost House Pictures

Starring : Jane Levy & Shiloh Fernandez, their 3 friends, sharp lame cutter, chainsaw, nail gun, crow bar, machete, an evil and its favorite book.

Just as in the fairy tales starting line "Once upon a time", its mandatory for a bunch of teens to get lost in the woods in a "Slasher-Horror" movie. Evil Dead is no exception, where 5 young people come together to spend some time in an abandoned “cabin in the woods”. The cabin belongs to the parents of Mia and David, and their other 3 friends have come to help Mia to cope up with her drug addiction. Mia just can't adopt the environment, which the rest find as her hallucination. But quickly they find themselves in the basement before a mysterious book with a bizarre cover on it. After a brief "teenage" debate, they decide to leave the book behind, but our curious Eric takes it to his room and opens it. Same time, Mia's hysteria reaches newer heights. Eric by this time has read the lines from the book which should not be read (clue : marked quite clearly in uppercase English with red ink which Eric failed to decipher) [and if you had paid attention you could see Harry Potter behind the windows yelling that those are his lines]. Mia panics and drives away, just to see creepy images calling out her name, the distractions resulting in an accident. All by herself in the dark creepy forest, she runs until the moment the evil decides to be mischievous with her. David & co find her, but she signals immediately that "there is something with them in the cabin". Ignoring her statement, the 4 try to keep cool but soon they have to confront the "unknown" by destroying themselves physically as minutes pass by. We know that its evil, but what its capable of is what Evil Dead is all about.

Finally the Blu-ray is out, with all the bonus material. The wait was long, but the movie was quite satisfactory. Firstly, however you read it, it’s still Rated (quite) R - for gore and language. It’s not the normal 'Friday-night-pop-corn-sofa' movie. Everyone seems to cut their arms in one way or the other - luckily they had only 2 - just imagine if an octopus was casted, the gore would have instantly multiplied by 8 !

Fede Alvarez had understood what are the expectations. Along with the writer his major task is to satisfy the "Daddies" (who were kids when Evil Dead hit the screen for the first time) as well the teen kids today. In that they have largely succeeded. As I had mentioned before (Superman Review), Remakes / Adaptation comes with a price. They have kept the concept and characters intact, but changed the look thru their presentation. It’s quite appealing. [Another example of a remake that worked is Billa Vs Don - In Billa they kept everything as it is, just their presentation - concentration on costumes - did the magic, whereas SRK over shadowed Amitab's Don, which back fired very badly]

Talking about Remake - I personally felt that the 2013 version cannot be considered as a Remake. It’s between a remake and a sequel (say Evil Dead 4). The characters and few classic scenes were re-invented, but the total exercise is something new. They also tried to make it look logical (where they failed miserably) and added some story-content to it (which goes unnoticed once the slashing begin). They gave an entirely different (wonderful) climax. I really liked the climax - the grounds on which it was made was kind of anything but lame. But the evil looked a badly combed pre-teen who just escaped from the clutches of her advisory father and is now hunting anyone who advices her !

The major highlight of the movie are the special effects / make up. Less CGI was used, and they followed the techniques used by Sam Raimi in 1981 while filming the original. It’s amazing to see some "horrible" slicing, I will not go in detail (not for spoilers, but it’s quite disturbing) - knowing that the bathroom and basement slicing are not CGI, Fede Alvarez really needs some appreciations. Music, camera work, stunts, creepy environment are noteworthy.

The major problem with the movie are the development of the character. It’s like narrating a picture-story - here you see him and there she is - kind of thing. Except Jane who acted as Mia, the rest utter few lines just for the sake of it. There is a particular scene where Jane gets quite close to David (Shiloh), and while talking she rolls her eyes to the corners as though re-checking as well as projecting the fear - she manages to do that with one eye as the other is covered by her hair. They did try to be intelligent, but failed to note that no intelligence is necessary for Evil Dead. You say Evil Dead, then Skeletons army is so believable. They have also put an enormous amount of blood in the movie and of course a lot of "seat-tearing-with-nails" movements.

Comparison : 2013 Evil dead did match with the original with some exceptions. The slapstick comedy is missing, but you do find it here and there. The original did not take neither the movie nor the audience seriously - But the new version went all the way to be serious which turns to be quite heavy. As in the original, all the "evil" scenes are extended. Usually, in a Horror movie, you do not tend to see the "ghost" at all. You are just been scared with the sound of tins rolling. Its Evil Dead that re-wrote that with their out-of-the-box make-up effects and showed all nasty things done by the evil. [Exorcist did that in a more haunting manner, which Evil Dead did pay respect to]. And then there is less running around and screaming in the new version, which was quite cool in the original. The most famous scene - say Evil Dead, the first thing comes to your mind is the "penetration" scene. The new version does manage to boost it up with more shocking visuals. Another scene is the evil POV of the forest. There is much more, but I allow you to discover it thru the commentaries by 2 film makers, generations apart.

Evil Dead : Blood Bath

interz
11th July 2013, 04:40 PM
Kedi Billa Killadi Ranga - sentiment serial stuff

None of the characters seem sympathic in the movie. Heroes are dabbas, heroines are big mouthed and arrogant. Thh fathers does nothing but talk bad about the young ones. Parotta Suri was more annoying than funny in the movie IMO. The father son sentiment is something we seen from the black white movies till now. I will think twice before watching a Pandiraj movie again.

balaajee
11th July 2013, 05:05 PM
Kedi Billa Killadi Ranga - sentiment serial stuff

None of the characters seem sympathic in the movie. Heroes are dabbas, heroines are big mouthed and arrogant. Thh fathers does nothing but talk bad about the young ones. Parotta Suri was more annoying than funny in the movie IMO. The father son sentiment is something we seen from the black white movies till now. I will think twice before watching a Pandiraj movie again.

'பசங்க', 'மெரினா' படங்களின் இயக்குநர் பாண்டிராஜ் இயக்கத்தில் சிம்பு நடிக்கப் போவதாக தகவல் வெளியாகி உள்ளது.

'பசங்க' படம் மூலம் தமிழுக்கு அறிமுகமானவர் பாண்டிராஜ். இந்தப் படம் இரண்டு தேசிய விருதுகளை பெற்றுத் தந்தது.

பின்னர், 'மெரினா', 'வம்சம்', 'கேடி பில்லா கில்லாடி ரங்கா' போன்ற படங்களை இயக்கி உள்ளார். சில மாதங்களுக்கு முன்பு வெளியான 'கேடி பில்லா கில்லாடி ரங்கா' சூப்பர் ஹிட்டானது.

அதைத் தொடர்ந்து தனுஷிடம் கால்ஷீட் கேட்டிருந்தார் பாண்டிராஜ். ஆனால், இந்தியில் தனுஷ் நடித்த 'ராஞ்ஹெனா' சூப்பர் ஹிட்டாகி இருப்பதால், அடுத்தும் இந்திப் படத்தில் நடிக்கப் போகிறார் தனுஷ். அதனால் பாண்டிராஜுக்கு கால்ஷீட் இல்லையென்று சொல்லிவிட்டார்.

இதனால் கடுப்பான பாண்டிராஜ், தனுஷின் போட்டியாக சொல்லப்படும் சிம்புவைச் சந்தித்து கதை சொல்லி இருக்கிறார். அவர் சொன்ன கதையில் மகிழ்ந்த சிம்பு, தான் நடிப்பதாக ஓ.கே. சொல்லிவிட்டாராம்.

கூடுதல் போனஸாக சிம்புவே இந்தப் படத்தை தயாரிக்கப் போகிறாராம். சிம்புவின் தம்பி குறளரசன் இந்தப் படத்தின் மூலம் இசை அமைப்பாளராக அறிமுகமாகிறார். - vikatan

HonestRaj
11th July 2013, 11:31 PM
IRUVAR

- onnum avlo pramadhama ellam illai..
- school drama scenes madhiri irundhuchu..
- artificial, no life in the making..

Brianengab
12th July 2013, 09:46 AM
IRUVAR

:shock: :shock:

SoftSword
12th July 2013, 03:02 PM
IRUVAR

hoo-Ah!

mappi
12th July 2013, 04:04 PM
Swamy ra ra (Telugu)...

It turns out to be a "Kamedi Kadhambham". Too many visible lifts, eventhough quoting "I steal from many films" does not justify it. But still they have done a good job - example masking the coversation between Travolta and Jackson from Pulp fiction into a discussion about silk, which was extremely funny - Prahas and Silk ... LoL. There are many such flirting dialogues which are amusing. Eventhough they have taken all "best-enjoyed-scenes" from previous films (includes RGV films too), the script has to be tightened a lot more. Many lags and scenes are streched beyond propostion and put in the déjà-vu with them, it slowly decreases the momentum. All the "orignal" scenes were well made - editing + music, but for the rest editing & music were quite dull.

Its positive that how TFI has influenced this young film maker. Good sign. But the film maker got to follow what they did : discussion. It happens to be a one man show and no one stopped him. As a reference material :

Neram : Lettre to Elise : When you pick up a known song thats how you have to dress it - In Swamy Ra Ra, with reference to the Villan Theme which is "I am a Man" Black Strobe version (Original was by Bo Diddley) used in Rock n Rolla

Soodhu Kavum : Theme / Mama Trouser : The theme bgm must be a joyful momentum & during the "link" (watch the movie to know it - its excellent) a song like Mama trouser would be apt to pump up the ... "spolier" (and if you watch the movie, keep an eye on the character's foot-wear during this "spoiler")

Valiba Romeokal : Short film : Eventhough there is nothing much, thats how you have to implement the suspense (catch the music also) - suggested to be used while the "spoiler" moves between hands.

Anyway a very natural attempt, and BIG welcome in T(elugu)FI.

Brains or popcorn - I choose popcorn and enjoyed the movie throughly. Thanks to Thala_Rasigan for recomending this movie.

Brianengab
12th July 2013, 10:03 PM
mappi..

Glad tat u liked the movie..:)

as u said, sum of the scenes s lifted frm other films..bt tat wont reduce our interest to watch.. Complete entertainment movie...

HonestRaj
13th July 2013, 02:51 PM
hoo-Ah!

enakku avlova pidikkalai...
Barathi, Kamaraj madhiri padangal parkkumpodhu andha kaalakattathukke kodu poyiduvanga..
Iruvar appadi theriyalai... MGR's life eduthu adhula kalaignar portion'i mix panni.. highlighted events mattum oru melottama kanbichurukkaru.. change in screenplay.. i didn't like moving away from the actual happening..
MGR-Kalaignar life history ellam vast subject..
dialogues ellam avlo sirappa illai..
music, camera & artwork.. thats all about a Maniratnam film of late..

HonestRaj
13th July 2013, 02:58 PM
KURUDHIPUNAL

- pramaadham..
- as usual, kamal gives more than what audience expects... a stuntless action film.. not sure about the film's success.. have seen a couple of 100 days poster.. released along with Muthu :mrgreen:
- loved the dialogues.. Kamal :clap:
- scenes between Kamal & Gowthami.. & the dialgoue about muththam.. i think its kind of new those days..
- revisiting Kamal's work is always a pleasure..

HonestRaj
14th July 2013, 01:08 AM
KUTTI PULI

- sasikumar is like K Baghyaraj of 80's.. fits well into the story..
- film is engaging from start to end..
- sasikumar has good screen presence.. comedy, action ellam nallave panrar
- liked the love comedy from boys.. nalla pannirukkanga
- stunt choreography is good.. Dileep Subbarayan'i ini note pannanum

faithiu11
14th July 2013, 07:36 AM
KUTTI PULI

honest sir unga tastae puringikavae mudiyala..yentha line ku shocking smiley podrathunu theriyala

ajaybaskar
14th July 2013, 09:27 AM
MGR-Karuna relationship was just an inspiration for Iruvar. The movie was meant to be a tale of two individuals with entirely different thought processes coming together, growing together and separating because of ego,their political aspirations but still having the affection, deep down. If Mani were to make a historical movie on MGR and MuKa he could've made the title as MGR-MuKa just like Gandhi or Kamaraj or Bharathi.

uruzalari
14th July 2013, 09:36 AM
MGR-Karuna relationship was just an inspiration for Iruvar. The movie was meant to be a tale of two individuals with entirely different thought processes coming together, growing together and separating because of ego,their political aspirations but still having the affection, deep down. If Mani were to make a historical movie on MGR and MuKa he could've made the title as MGR-MuKa just like Gandhi or Kamaraj or Bharathi.

I do not think that is so easy. At the max he could have made it on a single person either MGR/Muka. When you have both on board it would create oppositions from both sides depending on the side that Mani took or the side that people assumed him to have taken.

HonestRaj
14th July 2013, 12:10 PM
honest sir unga tastae puringikavae mudiyala..yentha line ku shocking smiley podrathunu theriyala

sila padangal parkkumpodhu paadhiyilaye quit pannidalamanu thonum.. sila padangal kadaisi varaikkum parthudanumnu thona veikkum.. appadipattadhu sasikumar padangal...
nalla panrarunu sonna oru acceptable level..
rajini kamal ellam irukkumpodhu eppadi baghyaraj avarukkunu oru style vechurundharu.. appadi consitent'ah panraru sasikumar.. sundharapandiyan kooda parkkumpadiyathan irundhadhu

HonestRaj
14th July 2013, 12:28 PM

i think at the time of release & even now, people see this film as a documentary of MGR-Karuna...
it is quite obvious that most of the scenes are directly taken from their life happenings.. Mani changed some of the controversial incidents to avoid any opposition.. like Anna (Nasser) not becoming CM..
Mani tried to fit a lot of incidents.. if it is about MGR alone, it would be better.. as the film starts with MGR working as a drama artist & ends with his death.. since Mani wanted Karuna's role.. he has to show his personal life (tabu & their daughter).. & since we all know the life events of his inspiration (MGR, Karuna).. i'm disappointed for not getting to see a lot more happenings..

19thmay
14th July 2013, 09:54 PM
Ambikapathy - Movie was ok till the death of that Punjabi, adhukappuram as like Gounder in a Sathyaraj movie(1/4 Govindhan)
" ippdi oru izhuva aagave aagadhu". Dhanush acting ellam top class so as Sonam Kapoor...

raajarasigan
15th July 2013, 11:22 AM
KURUDHIPUNALnot sure about the film's success.. have seen a couple of 100 days poster.. released along with Muthu :mrgreen:it was a flop...

Cinemarasigan
15th July 2013, 11:40 AM
it was a flop...

More than Break-even film I think... Remember 100 Days poster in Coimbatore..

iyzecota
15th July 2013, 11:45 AM
it was a flop...

Wrong Information....
Kuruthipunal was a blockbuster and completed 175-days run at the box office.

mexicomeat
15th July 2013, 06:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58LqSMeq2nk

raajarasigan
15th July 2013, 06:45 PM
as well as I know, KP was a flop.. I watched this in the first week during its release.. Family audience did not like it at all... even the word of mouth was not that good though I liked it... when revisited later, I started admiring 'Kamalism' especially in the dialogues... :-)

hattori_hanzo
15th July 2013, 08:11 PM
as well as I know, KP was a flop.. I watched this in the first week during its release.. Family audience did not like it at all... even the word of mouth was not that good though I liked it... when revisited later, I started admiring 'Kamalism' especially in the dialogues... :-)

RR, Kurudhippunal might have underperformed in C centers but it had a very good run in Chennai and suburbs. It ran for 80+ days in AVM Rajeshwari and 60+ days in Tambaram Vetri/Vidya(Muthu ran for 88 days here). If I am not wrong, the movie celebrated 100 days in Devi complex. Muthu, of course was a bigger hit as it was a complete masala entertainer and had everything which KP did not, yet the difference in BO performance was not as big as Chandramukhi-Mumbai Express or Thevar Magan-Pandian. Moreover the budget of KP must have been half of Muthu (Home production, relatively new Director, MD, smaller star cast, lesser sets). I watched on the 5th day, by paying 150 for a ticket.

SoftSword
15th July 2013, 08:13 PM
dialogues ellam avlo sirappa illai..
music, camera & artwork.. thats all about a Maniratnam film of late..

yov... 15 yrs old political movie'a paatthutu of late'nu MR'a conclude panringa..
imo, iruvar was classic... scenes, the tension, turn of events, performance, music etc.,

Avadi to America
15th July 2013, 08:38 PM
KUTTI PULI

payapulla... ivan padam ennaku pudichu poiduchu....i think i saw all his movies... recently watched kutti puli, porali, sundarapandian

raajarasigan
16th July 2013, 12:03 AM
RR, Kurudhippunal might have underperformed in C centers but it had a very good run in Chennai and suburbs. It ran for 80+ days in AVM Rajeshwari and 60+ days in Tambaram Vetri/Vidya(Muthu ran for 88 days here). If I am not wrong, the movie celebrated 100 days in Devi complex. Muthu, of course was a bigger hit as it was a complete masala entertainer and had everything which KP did not, yet the difference in BO performance was not as big as Chandramukhi-Mumbai Express or Thevar Magan-Pandian. Moreover the budget of KP must have been half of Muthu (Home production, relatively new Director, MD, smaller star cast, lesser sets). I watched on the 5th day, by paying 150 for a ticket.:oops: yes, it should have been a low budget movie. Hit'na sandhosham than... :) as you said, for C center, it was too much to chew... :neutral:

Brianengab
16th July 2013, 03:21 PM
Immanuel (Malayalam)

Gud movie... A Salesman's life in a company s well shown.. Mammooty justified his character in a gr8 manner.. :thumbsup:

My rating - 3.5/5...Must watch movie..

Shootout at wadala

Another real gangster story.. worth to watch if u lik gangster/Serious dramas..

My rating - 2.5/5...

Kuttipuli

I dont knw wt the exact plot of the story.. wt the dir. s trying to convey... nothing ...

My rating - 2/5...

Midnight's Children (Eng)

Worth to watch if u r a fan of slow-screenplay-but-standard-movie...

My rating - 3/5...

interz
16th July 2013, 11:51 PM
Predator - jungle fever

Really great movie with Arnold S. I wonder how predator would have been if it took place in a city.

I think there is is a similar tamil movie. I cant remember the tamil movie title though, I hope someone remembers it.

vithagan
17th July 2013, 01:14 AM
Predator - jungle fever

Really great movie with Arnold S. I wonder how predator would have been if it took place in a city.

I think there is is a similar tamil movie. I cant remember the tamil movie title though, I hope someone remembers it.

Asuran ??

ecureuhapis
17th July 2013, 01:54 AM
Predator - jungle fever

whole movie is in youtube (asuran), featuring enemy of acting arunpandiyan

bad movie, with the alien resembling the prototype predator in red suit.

interz
17th July 2013, 02:48 AM
Ty.

Yes its Asuran. I was wondering if it was Jeyhind, they were in mission in jungle to attack gerillas as well.

balaajee
17th July 2013, 10:53 AM
Predator - jungle fever

Predator 2 movie revolves around city- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predator_2

Anban
17th July 2013, 12:12 PM
KURUDHIPUNAL

- pramaadham..
- as usual, kamal gives more than what audience expects... a stuntless action film.. not sure about the film's success.. have seen a couple of 100 days poster.. released along with Muthu :mrgreen:
- loved the dialogues.. Kamal :clap:
- scenes between Kamal & Gowthami.. & the dialgoue about muththam.. i think its kind of new those days..
- revisiting Kamal's work is always a pleasure..
it was a good commercial success .. its success was even celebrated as a function together with the successes of Magalir Mattum (one more rajkamal movie.. senior fans will know) .. just bcos one is not able to watch the songs on tv, it doesnt mean its not a success..

I distinctly remember some instances of school students speaking highly about this movie.. i was then thinking (enna padam da ithu .. namma kelvi pattadey illaye.. obvious family audience outside cities snubbed it) ..

Avadi to America
17th July 2013, 04:34 PM
I remember watching this movie in ambattur rakki theater.

19thmay
18th July 2013, 04:38 PM
Singam - II - Second half semma pEthal. Hari neraya uttalakadi adichu. nimithi, midhichu, kathi eppdiyo kadhaya mudichitar. I think they are planning for Part III.

First half is good. Surya single man army... great performance. Anushka as usual ... Mukkal vaasi padathula heroine-ku schpol uniform pottu azhagu paakura Hari...idhula Hansika-va andha angle-a paathrukaar...

Again a muslim has been shown as a villain not a terrorist though, adha balance panna christian and hindu villains-um irukaanga...additional-la main villain africa-la irundhu... :clap:

Naai vaal-la engga ponaalum nimirtha mudiyadhundra pazha mozhiku yerpa Hari South Africa padam pidichaalum angayum car ellam parandhu varudhu.

chinna chinna games between Surya and Villains are good... Overall if you like masala movies oru dhaba paakalam

NOV
18th July 2013, 05:25 PM
Yaarada Mahesh?

A very rare Adult film in Tamil.
Lots of never-before-heard in Tamil films words, like condoms, etc and profanities. Double entrendes abound.
Definitely not for family viewing.
Interesting film, if you are into these kind of things. :lol:

HonestRaj
18th July 2013, 10:04 PM
its success was even celebrated as a function together with the successes of Magalir Mattum (one more rajkamal movie.. senior fans will know)

sathileelavathy

venkkiram
19th July 2013, 12:04 AM
Watched MMKR last week.

Not a strong Plot and sequences. This time I controlled myself to sit and watch the entire climax episode and felt nothing special about it. Four things impressed me 1) Madhana Gopal - His dialogue and body language. 2) Avinashi - The only character who consistently entertained right from start to end in comedy. The scene where he(from Bangalore) talking over the phone to Madhan(visited Chennai for this temporary stay) and update the status as a rhyme.. absolute funny! 3) Music (Liked the title song for its story telling.. what a creation! Hats Off for the music and lyrics) In fact this one song raised the expectations a sky high before the movie unfolds. 4) technical aspects. Showing different Kamal images in a single frame with Mirrors.

I consider Avvai Shanmugi (complete) >>> MMKR (an attempt)

Spying scenes by two guys were padu/soora mokkai. The same screen play writer delivered wonderful spying scenes in Vishwaroopam. That's the real Vishwaroopam in Kamal.

Arvind Srinivasan
19th July 2013, 12:44 AM
Venkikiram,

If there is a single film that talks about the genius of Kamal, the script writer it is MMKR. I dont think its fair to belittle his effort in the movie. MMKR was Kamal's first dabble with the chaos theory, not Dasa and it was a better success as a film.

venkkiram
19th July 2013, 01:20 AM
Venkikiram,

If there is a single film that talks about the genius of Kamal, the script writer it is MMKR. I dont think its fair to belittle his effort in the movie. MMKR was Kamal's first dabble with the chaos theory, not Dasa and it was a better success as a film.

I am not completely rejecting MMKR. All I say is, MMKR was an attempt and never be a complete/classic one in my dictionary. Many of the jokes from Kamal characters are unfunny. Say for example while Raju (firefighter) driving crazy the car with broken brake, he replied to VAM "pidikkalanga" and VAM says to that "ungkalukku pidichcha enna pidikkalanna ennangka, car brake-a podunga". Compared to MMKR, Avvai Shanmugi to me works very well even after many revisits.

Arvind Srinivasan
19th July 2013, 09:10 AM
I didnt find the jokes to be unfunny at all. Rather I found most of them to be quite natural at the same time very comical. Etho oru onnu rendu example edithikittu athu unfunny sonna, how can it mean for the entire movie. IMHO that particular dialougue from VRM was never meant to be funny. The scene leads to a howlarious situation where the arm break is thrown out of the car by Bhim. Also I feel comparing Kamal's other comedies with this will not work. PT, AvS might be better comedies ( I beg to differ on that as well), but MMKR is a better movie.

Anban
19th July 2013, 11:07 AM
I didnt find the jokes to be unfunny at all. Rather I found most of them to be quite natural at the same time very comical. Etho oru onnu rendu example edithikittu athu unfunny sonna, how can it mean for the entire movie. IMHO that particular dialougue from VRM was never meant to be funny. The scene leads to a howlarious situation where the arm break is thrown out of the car by Bhim. Also I feel comparing Kamal's other comedies with this will not work. PT, AvS might be better comedies ( I beg to differ on that as well), but MMKR is a better movie.
yes.. panchathanthiram and Avvai Shanmugis are much better comedies.. laugh riots.. MMKR is a hilarious drama .. MMKR is a much better movie .. its not a laugh riot type comedy movie..

HonestRaj
19th July 2013, 06:25 PM
5 tricks.. ellam kadhala kadhala type mokkai comedy...
ovvoru dialogu'm comedy'ah irukkanumnu ezhudhina madhiri thinikkapatta humour..
simran + ramya poatti dance - climax manivannan kidnap episode.. & on top of that... inserted sentimental performance time for Kamal - hospital - 4 language scene.. "yov pOdhum padatha mudichu vidungayya" for me..

MMKR ellam free flowing humour... venkiram Raju character dialogue paththi solraru.. andha character'eh mokkai joke adikkira character'than.. his interaction with pattani (badani?), neenga mattum kammi nauttyah.. ellam naama podhuva adikkira mokkai comedies.. very enjoyable...

mappi
19th July 2013, 06:26 PM
I consider Avvai Shanmugi (complete) >>> MMKR (an attempt)

I beg to differ, still respecting your choice.

For me its exactly the opposite. Cutting things short :

Avvai Shanmugi : The broad shoulders of Chachi did not go well with me, but I thouroughly enjoyed Delhi Ganesh / Manivannan and few Chachi's gimmicks and stunts.

MMMR : Quite a clever movie, and the homour was inside the script itself and thats something very hard to reproduce. I can't go ahead and say its unique as it has its own limitations (those which you have visibly noted). And I entriely agree with you on the title song - another exemple of sucessful unification of an idea, imagination, narration, lyrics, music, screen-writing & direction (and may be a few more that I would have missed)

mappi
19th July 2013, 06:30 PM
simran + ramya poatti dance - climax manivannan kidnap episode.. & on top of that... inserted sentimental performance time for Kamal - hospital - 4 language scene.. "yov pOdhum padatha mudichu vidungayya" for me...

LoL.

Yannai-kum adi saru-kum.

venkkiram
19th July 2013, 07:37 PM
I beg to differ, still respecting your choice.

For me its exactly the opposite. Cutting things short :

Avvai Shanmugi : The broad shoulders of Chachi did not go well with me, but I thouroughly enjoyed Delhi Ganesh / Manivannan and few Chachi's gimmicks and stunts.

MMMR : Quite a clever movie, and the homour was inside the script itself and thats something very hard to reproduce. I can't go ahead and say its unique as it has its own limitations (those which you have visibly noted). And I entriely agree with you on the title song - another exemple of sucessful unification of an idea, imagination, narration, lyrics, music, screen-writing & direction (and may be a few more that I would have missed)

Pandiyan , Avvai Shanmughi, Vishwanathan Iyer, Mudaliyar, Joseph, Sethurama Iyer and Basha >>>> Madhana Gopal, Avinashi, Kameshwaran, Thiripurasundari, Palakkad Mani Iyer. The story telling in AV was crystal clear and the characters been set with much defined boundaries. Casting of AS enhanced the movie watching experience. MMKR works in parts. But not as a full stretch movie.

venkkiram
19th July 2013, 07:41 PM
MMKR ellam free flowing humour... venkiram Raju character dialogue paththi solraru.. andha character'eh mokkai joke adikkira character'than.. his interaction with pattani (badani?), neenga mattum kammi nauttyah.. ellam naama podhuva adikkira mokkai comedies.. very enjoyable... To me, Raju and Michael characters - weak characters and took away completely the interest from the screen play.

mappi
19th July 2013, 07:51 PM
Just that, I still enjoy the Thiripurasundari - "Thirupu" comedy ... LoL.

I felt Madan being an absolute nut in the movie but liked :
Raju (and his fireman dance + romance with Kushpoo)
Mickel & Santhana Barathi during the escape
And ofcoarse Kameswaran (even though the fish joke was pricky, its is still enjoyable)

Arvind Srinivasan
19th July 2013, 09:07 PM
Pandiyan , Avvai Shanmughi, Vishwanathan Iyer, Mudaliyar, Joseph, Sethurama Iyer and Basha >>>> Madhana Gopal, Avinashi, Kameshwaran, Thiripurasundari, Palakkad Mani Iyer. The story telling in AV was crystal clear and the characters been set with much defined boundaries. Casting of AS enhanced the movie watching experience. MMKR works in parts. But not as a full stretch movie.

MMKR actually stands testimony to this. All the characters from the 4 kamals to Varadhu kutty were beautifully fleshed out and not even one was out of sync. To think of plot points for each character and to excecute it across a 2 hour 47 minute film and to actually make it work on screen. Common Venki, it is a monumental effort and to dub it as just working in parts doesn't do justice at all. IMHO if there is a film that stamps Kamal's authority as a script writer, its MMKR. Take a look at this.
http://gradwolf.wordpress.com/2011/01/19/jaane-bhi-do-yaaro-why-michael-madana-kama-rajan-needs-a-monograph/

Especially in the second half, on one hand you have Madan plotting the swap with Raju for his covert plans and on the other, Avinashi sends in Kameshwaran to retrieve his cash from Madan’s safe. Now we get all the laughs from these two individuals from their own predicament of playing someone else. One does it for passion and money while the other is coerced and ends up being a reluctant performer. Therefore, they both become the foil in the grand scheme of things. Kundan mentions how your scene can fall flat if your foil is not working. And that’s why – ask anyone – Kameshwaran and Raju are the breakout characters of MMKR.

In a subtext laden film, here is something that has been spotted and revered by millions of fans – when Raju gets the confirmation that the guest house is free, Avinashi instructs the housekeeper to take them to the guest house. And then Raju asks him,” Indha Arumugam ogay dhane?! Dubakoorunga namba mudiyadhu, naa ootla illadha nerathla ootaye vadagai uttu sambadhichuvanga Anbe Vaa mathiri” And he says this to Nagesh, who played that exact character in Anbe Vaa! What follows is even funnier – “onnaku theriyadha vishayam kooda indha veeta pathi ennaku theriyun ya, oruthan 25 latcha rooba lautrukan!” Raju keeps trying to get ahead of his newly accepted role, that of Madhangopal, and ends up talking about Avinashi(Nagesh) to Avinashi himself! And says,”Seri onnanda solli enna prayojanam.” How do you think of something like that? Nagesh portrays that character, but is the subtext a coincidence or something that they really hit upon? Or that instance where Raju and Madan are standing in front of the mirror still reeling under the astonishment of bumping into each other, and ask Bheem,”Epdi enga double action?”, to which Bheem remarks,”Ennaku naalu theriyuthu boss“. That scene is a masterstroke

Arvind Srinivasan
19th July 2013, 09:10 PM
And there has been an extensive discussion on Kamal's post 90s comedies by fellow hubber themselves.

http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?7666-KamalHassan-s-post-90-s-Comedies

rsubras
19th July 2013, 09:51 PM
you talk of every films and leave out PKS my personal Kamal favorite. This film portrays the most innocent of characters (and genuine not being too filmy) that Kamal has ever played and Kamal's character was soooo lovely........... Esp in that post interval scene when Simran out of frustration says "unnna paartha enakku kaathal varalaiyya" kamal instantly replies "ennn" with a appaviest and so ayyo paavam expression

mappi
19th July 2013, 10:25 PM
MMKR actually stands testimony to this. All the characters from the 4 kamals to Varadhu kutty were beautifully fleshed out and not even one was out of sync. To think of plot points for each character and to excecute it across a 2 hour 47 minute film and to actually make it work on screen. Common Venki, it is a monumental effort and to dub it as just working in parts doesn't do justice at all. IMHO if there is a film that stamps Kamal's authority as a script writer, its MMKR.

I second Arvind Srinivasan and am in accord esp. with the part where he talks about 2h47m.

mappi
19th July 2013, 10:35 PM
you talk of every films and leave out PKS

PKS : after "Hybrid-Papali" - "Don't put word in my mouth-u" ... LoL

PKS : Aan Singam explanation ... "tistribute" .. LoL

His slang is as good as charming but just like HonestRaj pointed out with 5tantras, the movie sinks towards the end, but its absolutely fine with me.
An Anytime Watch [and add Simran to it, changes Anytime to Must].

Arvind Srinivasan
19th July 2013, 11:33 PM
Even in a comic caper like PKS, there is room for some real emotional moments. You could actually feel Kamal's angst and sadness when he tries to explain to his grandfather that the girl had rejected her..."antha ponnukku enna pudikala thaatha" and "aah kuthu kuthu....antha ponnu en nenjula kuthinaa nee en kaiyla kuthu" are all gems. Not overt but very natural. But still overall as a movie is only slightly better than Kadhala kadhala.

Avadi to America
19th July 2013, 11:57 PM
For me PKS>>>>>>5tricks. PKS has a repeat value unlike 5tricks....

venkkiram
20th July 2013, 02:47 AM
நன்றி Arvind. நீங்க கொடுத்த மை.ம.கா.ராஜன் பற்றிய மையத்தின் பழைய திரியின் பக்கங்களை மீண்டும் ஒரு வாசிப்பு விட்டேன். மனதில் ஒரு சிறு அசைவும் இல்லை. மறுபடியும் மறுபடியும் சொல்கிறேன். மை.ம.கா.ராஜன் - ஒரு முயற்சியே. நான் முன்னமே சொன்னதுபோல, மை.ம.கா.ராஜன் - அங்கங்கே ஆஹா என வியக்க வைக்கும் காட்சிகள். மதன், காமேஸ்வரன் & சொந்த பந்தங்கள், அவினாஷி - இவைகள்தான் சிறப்பு. கதையே பெரிதளவில் பிரமிக்கிற அளவுக்கு இல்லை என்பதே அதன் அடிப்படை ஓட்டை. கமலின் அப்பா, அப்பாவின் சகோதரர், அவருக்கு மகனான நாசர், மதனை வீழ்த்த நாசர் வைக்கும் அடியாட்கள் என்ற அந்த அத்தியாயமே படு மொக்கை. இப்படியெல்லாம் இருக்கும் பட்சத்தில் படம் என்னை நொடிக்கு நொடி குஷிப் படுத்துகிறது, பார்வையை அங்கங்கே திருப்பாமல் ஓரிடத்தில் குவிக்கிறது என்பதெல்லாம் அதீதம். ராஜனும்(பண்டிதர்கள் அந்தத் திரியில் புகழ்ந்தாலும்) மைக்கேலும் வேஸ்ட் போலவே தோன்றுகிறது. இதுல ஜவ்வு போன்ற அரைமணிநேர க்ளைமாக்ஸ் காட்சி வேறு! பாவம்! அவரும் அந்த அரைமணி நேரத்தில் ஒரே சட்டகத்தில் ஒன்றுக்கு மேற்பட்ட கமல் வரும்போதெல்லாம் டூப் போட்டு படாத பாடு படுகிறார். அங்கே நிலைகொள்ளாமல் அங்கேயும் இங்கேயும் ஆடுவது அந்த மரவீடு மட்டுமல்ல.. கமல் என்ற திரைக்கதையாளரும்தான். முயற்சியை க்ளாசிக் என வகைப்படுத்துவது எல்லாம் க்ரெஸி. பண்டிதர்கள் ஒவ்வொரு வரிக்கும் ஆஹா ஓஹோ என புகழாரம் செய்யும் அதே வேளையில் நானும் எதிர்புறத்தில் சொல்லலாம். குணநலன்களை சீராக கட்டமைப்பது கமலுக்கு கைகூடவில்லை. சுந்தரி நீயும் பாடல் கற்பனை என்றாலும் காமேஸ்வரனின் குணங்கள் சுத்தமாக அதில் தென்படவில்லை. மனோரமா - ரூபிணி அத்தியாயம் சுத்தம். அந்த ரெண்டு பேரும் எதுக்கு இருக்காங்க படத்துல என்ற எண்ணமே படம் முழுசும் ஓங்கியிருக்கும். இதையெல்லாம் வைத்து ஒப்பிடுகையில் அவ்வை சண்முகி எல்லாவிஷயத்திலும் திருப்தி படுத்துகிற படைப்பு. நகைச்சுவையில் பல ரசங்கள் இருக்கின்றன என்பதை பல திரைப்படங்கள் மூலம் நாமும் கண்டுகளித்து வருகிறோம்... இதில் மை.ம.கா.ராஜன் படத்தில் இடம்பெற்ற பெரும்பாலான வார்த்தை ஜால நகைச்சுவை என்னை சிரிப்பு மூட்டுவதில்லை.

rsubras
20th July 2013, 05:24 PM
@Venki: anniku avarukku iruntha limitation la situtation la, oru template la iyangittu iruntha cinema trend la avar thannoda muzhu thiramaya kaatirukkarae..athai neenga paarkanum :) in avvai shanmugi whereas, there is only one primary focus, full concentration athula panrathu easy... .intha maathiri multi starrer la balance panrathu romba kashtam.........

HonestRaj
21st July 2013, 05:40 PM
NANDU
- sema mokkai padam
- disappointed from Mahendran
- "aLLi thandha bhoomi" song is the only refreshing part from the film
- pathetic hero ... Ashwini is the heroine
- liked few scenes of VAM & Samikannu

HonestRaj
21st July 2013, 06:05 PM
IDHAYATHAI THIRUDADHEY

- first thing i liked from this is photography, lighting... if it was in digital, result would be very good.. PC Sriram :clap: :bow:
- Isaignani..... songs & bgm :bow:
- oru neat, enjoyable love story aakkirukkalam... sila pala idangalla pisiru adikkudhu..
- comedy track (disco shanthi?), graveyard scenes ellam testing the patience.. Maniratnam always had something like this right from pagal nilavu, agni N etc.
- Nagarjuna was good & energetic.. but heroine.. didn't like her.. Amala might have been perfect for the role...
- later googled to find the heroine Girija shettar was UK born & she left the field after some 4 or 5 films..
- where the film is shot? ooty or kodaikkanal?

aceqoxim
22nd July 2013, 01:16 AM
Pooveli - had the pleasure to watch it in the weekend after a friend recommended it. It didn't take long to realize what movie it was based on. I've dissed Reeves in the orginial. But Karthick. What an actor. He had me hooked right from the beginning. The boundaries he consciously draws in the beginning when they are just friends, the mixed emotions that graces his face when the boundaries begin to blur, the subtle gestures and body language he shows when it becomes clear he is slowly falling for her.. It was karthicks show all the way. Seriously what an under appreciated actor. Even though the movie goes quite melodramatic at places, his character remains consistently calm and collected. There aren't many tamil movies that's tried to realistically explore the fragile human emotions. Just for the attempt, I applaud the director. Kausalya was a pleasant surprise. Never appreciated her as an actress much before this performance. Well, that is going to change. Pooveli- better than the walk in the hell I was expecting it was going to be. Unlike the original this was a walk in the park.

Brianengab
23rd July 2013, 10:20 AM
Did you watch Jr NTR's Baadshah ?

watched it.. onnum soldra maathiri ila..typical telugu movie... hav fun here nd there...

first scene ---> ordinary man ---> flash back he s don ----> killing all his enemies---> duet wit kajal--> comedy wit Brahmanandam ---> Subham

innum ethanai padam ipdi... :oops: bt u cn watch if u hav time to hav fun...

My rating - 2.5/5..

Brianengab
24th July 2013, 02:54 PM
Ramaiya Vastavaiya (Hindi)...

:clap:

as v all knw tat it s the remake of Nuvvostanante Nenoddantana aka unakkum enakkum...still the movie is enjoyable to watch as a fresh movie..the new hero s charming as so shruthi... sonu sood s perfect in bro character...

IMO, by comparing, Ramaiya Vastavaiya > unakkum enakkum.. Shruthi >> Trisha... Jayam ravi > Girish...
All songs r pleasant to listen.. especially i mad on, 'Jeene laga hoon'...

My rating - 3.5/5...

ecureuhapis
25th July 2013, 12:45 AM
ethir katru (thanks youtube for some randomest movies ever).

is this the only movie with no solo dance song for anand babu?

ajaybaskar
26th July 2013, 11:46 PM
பட்டத்து யானை

வழக்கமான விஷால் ப்ராண்ட் 'நானும் மதுரக்காரந்தாண்டா' ஆக்‌ஷன். விஷால் நல்லா அடிச்சுருக்காரு. சந்தானம் நல்லா கடிச்சுருக்காரு. அர்ஜுன் பொண்ணை விட அர்ஜூனே அழகா இருக்காரு. என்ன ஒண்ணு, ராதா மகள்களை பாக்குறதுக்கு இந்த பொண்ணை தாராளமா பார்க்கலாம்.

திமிரு,மலைக்கோட்டை,சண்டக்கோழில இருந்து கொஞ்சம் கொஞ்சம் உருவி பூபதி பாண்டியன் ஒரு படமே எடுத்திருக்கார். ஒரு தடவை பார்க்கலாம்.

joe
27th July 2013, 10:38 PM
ஒரு தடவை பார்க்கலாம்.
எதுல ? தியேட்டர்லயா ? ஓசிலயா?
ஆமா ! விஷால் படத்தை வழக்கமா நீங்க எத்தனை தடவை பார்ப்பீங்க?

gane14
28th July 2013, 08:42 AM
Joe,

Thanks to your siggy, Enjoyed it watching, Srikanth :2thumbsup:

interz
28th July 2013, 07:36 PM
Sonna Puriyathu - lullaby for sleepless ppl

A really boring movie, that moves in snail speed. Some of scenes reminds me of tamil padam (the visit to the village). "mirchi" Siva is being the usual himself his usuan one liners.

Kadasi Padathila thillu mullu panni asathittu , intha padathila kallu maathiri thirinchi samalikka paarkuran intha Siva. Ushaara iru Siva, illatti kadasila Premji maathiri Venkat Prabu padathila mattum nadikkura vaajpu kidaikkum.

Vasundra (Vattaram, Peranmai, Jeyam Kondaan) fame did fairly well.

I think the director of the movie will have hard time convincing producers to invest in his next movie considering this movie.

HonestRaj
4th August 2013, 01:09 AM
Thillu Mullu

- not too bad.. thanks to Siva.. ivana parthale enakku sirippu vandhududhu
- few dialogues were really good & humorous
- Prakshraj.. ok..
- santhanam.. unfunny.. dei.. nee ini enna pannunalum nan sirikkamattenda..
- title song, MSV+Yuvan+rapper.. :clap:

joe
4th August 2013, 01:12 AM
Thillu Mullu

- not too bad.. thanks to Siva.. ivana parthale enakku sirippu vandhududhu
- few dialogues were really good & humorous
:shock:

HonestRaj
4th August 2013, 01:17 AM
i did not compared with the classic original.. i tried to see this as a new film..
i like Siva's dialogue modulation.. liked him in Kalakalappu too

HonestRaj
4th August 2013, 01:17 AM
Ambikapathy

mokkai padam..

mappi
4th August 2013, 03:27 AM
Neerparavai [Tamil : 2012 : 2h15m]
Written & Directed by Seenu Ramasamy
Produced by Udhayanidhi Stalin
Music : N. R. Raghunanthan
Cinematography : Balasubramaniem
Banner : Red Giant Movies

Starring : Vishnu, Sunaina, Nandita Das, Saranya Ponvannan, Ram - others in extended cameo : Samuthirakani, Thambi Ramaiah, Azhagam Perumal, Vadivukarasi, Aruldass

Financial "maddened" son menaces his mother to sell their "heritage" seashore house, to which his mother is always deaf to. That night the young couple after "window-watching" the mother, discover a mysterious tomb under which a skeleton is dug open. Enters the crime police suspecting the mother as the killer of her husband, thus taking her under their custody for questioning. What the mother revels is an astonishing tale of an aimless young man who underwent several character changes and crossed all hurdles to prove the abusing society of fishermen how efficient he could be. But the uncertainty of coming back from fishing in a fisherman's life slaps their faces with reality, and this time the nature does not have a role in it. What really happened and who are responsible to harm the calmness of fishermen lives is narrated in a much appealing manner.

Neerparavai is a beautiful story narrated in a poetical way taking much care not to be preachy or prickly but to deliver what exactly it intends to. Being always favourable to "doc-dramas", there is no surprise that Neerparavai held my attention for its entire runtime. But again not all audience would like this format. If this fact that its a doc-drama is accepted and anyone is prepared to watch the movie, I am sure by the end ‘that anyone’ would either fall in love with the film or at least be dumb folded with the last dialogue of the movie. In any case its a good sign that you have accepted to walk along with the film maker Seenu Ramasamy.

Seenu Ramasamy has done a neat job. Right from picking up the theme till the final product his grip could be felt. He cleverly repeats the initial life of the lead character many times for the first hour or so, and prepares us to witness the characters second innings in life. This is where he wins as we are taken around the same environment but this time under a different mood. So the viewer-ship is not balanced which immediately gains momentum. The picturisation is worth mentioning. The visuals does not fatigue you even though they are in and around the same place. The camera positioning takes care of it. Music/bgm does not cry for any attention. Its simple yet efficient. This is the point that came to my mind when I was watching the movie - simple but efficient. Editing has served well to fill in the gaps in the narration and play with visuals to retain the continuity. Again a simple technique. Dialogues need special attention, as at some place its the dialogues that keeps us engaged. The art work is good - the seashore houses, the workshop, teashop etc., brings in an authentic feel. The technical team is strong and they all understood the project and worked hand in hand, Neerparavai is a perfect exemple.

Vishnu as an alcoholic, then a lover boy, then a reformed man, then an able fisherman tries to bring in some differences and ends up giving a pretty decent performance. Sunaina is good when she stands like a statue and stares at the proceeding. Her face brings the calmness asked for. And she was fitting in the costume. But for the rest, I did not see her quite appealing, yet her performance is quite note worthy. Saranya does her role without any assistance as though she is "born-for-that-actress". But still the déjà vu kind of acting pulls down the anxiety in the role that she wishes to deliver. Among these characters that you see quite often, its Ram, as Vishnu's father, who emerges distinct. He has given a classy performance. The rest established actors have given their best - Samuthirakani as ‘Bhai the boatmaker’, Thambi Ramaiah as ‘the drunken master’, Azhagam Perumal as ‘the church daddy’, Vadivukarasi as ‘the associate of Vijay Mallya’, Aruldass as "i-am-not-the-villan" co-fisherman - all outshine each other in their performances. Nanditha Das as ‘the mother’ - whoever gave voice for her needs a pat - the last line is what breaks the movie from becoming normal to mastery.

[Question : Who is the actress who plays the sister to the salt merchant ? What a gorgeous (round) face and expressive eyes she has ! ]

I did not look into the nominations or the awards this film will or had won. But yes, its an award winning material as it shows purely the candid life of a community. It takes into account all the petty things like carrying the fishes, netting, security call, market, etc., as it should be. Secondly the theme and the dialogues used to register it. Thirdly some performances are top notch. Fourthly the religious integrity - the boat baptizing scene was well made. The attention given to filming such sensible issues, be it territorial problems or communal ones makes the movie mature. Finally the technical aspects are great especially Cinematography & art-works. I am a "city-boy" so I do not know the village lifestyle or that of the fishermen community. I believe Neerparavai and I felt it was truthful. For ex: there is a church panchayat scene - an excellent scene - it takes place about 25 years before - was it really like that near coastal areas ? Anyway for the truthfulness, appreciation is important, so Neerparavai should be recognised.

That does not mean that the movie does not have any flaws. Many characters come and go. Who are they, why are they there is as mysterious as finding out where the movie is going during the first hour. There are songs that interrupt your concentration. Several scenes, including a fight scene, are stretched in a way to make a stretching race-game with a chewing gum. Somewhere in the romance proceeding I was lost and could not breathe in the emotions of Sunina or Nandita Das (and thats on a personnel note). Few others are listed on my notepad, but there is no point in bringing them all in here just for the sake of it.

Neerparavai : Soulful

PS : Thanks NOV for recommending this movie.

NOV
4th August 2013, 07:46 AM
whoa! :shock: what an amazing review :clap:
I am glad you enjoyed the film as much as I did. :bow:

venkkiram
4th August 2013, 10:18 AM
Turbo

David Soren , DreamWorks Animation :notworthy:

எப்படித்தான் இதுபோன்ற கனவுகளுக்கு வடிவம் கொடுக்கிறார்களோ! பல காட்சிகள் கவித்துவம் நிறைந்ததா இருக்கு. ஒவ்வொரு நொடிக்கான உழைப்பு கொஞ்ச நஞ்சமல்ல.. செதுக்கியிருக்கிறார்கள். கார் ச்சேஸ் சிறப்பான முறையில் படமாக்கப்பட்டிருக்கிறது. 3D-ல் பார்ப்பதே ஒரு தனி சுகம்.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b9/Turbo_%28film%29_poster.jpg

NOV
4th August 2013, 05:04 PM
The Conjuring - much ado about nothing.
Pizza and Kanchana are better thrillers :lol2:

HonestRaj
4th August 2013, 06:34 PM
Theeya Velai seyyanum Kumaaru

- sundar C kalakkittar :clap:
- consecutive (kalakalappu & tvsk) good humour films when directors could not sustain full length comedy..
- nice timepass film
- sundar c credits a bunch of people as "screenplay team" .. Nalan Kumarasamy is one among them..
- hansika summa moththu moththunu irukka..
- sam.. you beauty..
- end credit song.. nice to show Kushboo & hansika.. both look alike..
- after Kalakalappu... good one from Santhanam.. unless he teams with good directors.. he is not performing well..

mappi
4th August 2013, 10:13 PM
The Conjuring - much ado about nothing.
Pizza and Kanchana are better thrillers :lol2:

Yenna Nov ipadi sollitinga. Had hopes on this film. Add the Warrens to it, thrills and scares are guaranteed. I am a fan of The Amityville Horror and The Haunting in Connecticut, 2 true cases from Warren files. I had put this movie on the same scale ...

Releasing here on 21/08.

gane14
4th August 2013, 11:50 PM
The Conjuring, Good One...

NOV
5th August 2013, 05:10 AM
Mappi, it's not a bad film. Maybe it's just me.
The same old tired story of old bungalow with new occupants (man wife & 5 daughters)
Then strange things happen - the dog dies first :rant:
:sigh2:

Yes it's based on a true story but doesn't appear in the ordinary annals because it's so horrifying.

But in reality it's more build up than actual terror. One hour of bleh and remaining minutes of action and even they don't raise your bp.

It's not a bad movie but nothing like how it's been hyped up for.

Brianengab
5th August 2013, 10:51 AM
Revisited Arya 2

it s one of fav. telugu films which can be watched in multiple times @ any time...
asaalt acting by allu arjun nd gorgeous kajal nd superb screenplay nd dialogues which made the film multiple time watchable...