PDA

View Full Version : Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

rsubras
10th December 2012, 03:29 PM
Pizza - watched for the first time yesterday amidst raising expectations from many positive reviews and feedbacks.... didnt quite like it.... may be coz of the expectation level......... watever i predicted would happen next was happening......... AFAIC I would rate Yaavarum nalam a much more intelligent, suave thriller than this....... in terms of the BGM, screen play etc.... may be if i watch this movie the 2nd time i could find a few nuances in this movie also........

Scale
12th December 2012, 12:17 PM
3 pretty good debut by Aiswariya!! IInd half could have been better. The biggest mistake she did is to cast Dhanush and he is no match to Shruthi. Anyone with a fair/tall complexion with bipolar syndrome made to underplay could have done wonders to this film.

Shruthi did a wonderful job & so Anirudh on songs and BGM :clap:

SoftSword
12th December 2012, 03:49 PM
bipolar syndrome -> fair/tall complexion... adaa adaa adaa!! :notworthy:
i think krithik rosam should hav done it!

Scale
12th December 2012, 04:49 PM
Yeah!! you are right Aishwariya should have done it in bollywood with Ranbir kapoor (HR has become old) by cutting short into 2 stages of life college love and post-marriage complications. Understandably a deadlock compromise Dhanush was frightening me with his PP/ME antics :banghead: during the crux of the story.

SoftSword
12th December 2012, 04:58 PM
if i can ask... which are the movies in which u like dhanush's acting/antics?

Scale
13th December 2012, 10:17 AM
The one and only Aadukalam.

mappi
22nd December 2012, 03:12 AM
Dreed
Directed by Pete Travis
Produced by Alex Garland, Andrew MacDonald, Allon Reich
Written by Alex Garland
Music by Paul Leonard-Morgan

Starring
Karl Urban as Judge Dredd
Olivia Thirlby as Judge Cassandra Anderson:
Lena Headey as Ma-Ma (Madelaine Madrigal):
Side kicks getting head shots, burnt, falling from rooftops

Based on Judge Dredd by John Wagner & Carlos Ezquerra
ATTN : Not a remake of Stallone's Judge Dreed
Rated R for violence

RAID sans kung-fu.
For those who have not watched Raid, here is a bref overview of Dreed :
Future America, choas, gang wars, crime, all violent things humans could come up with.
Law is been adapted to this enviornment : You got Judges. They are constables + SI + CI + ACP + Judges.
If they find you guilty, they kill you. Law Name : No court room.
Dreed is a sincere and valliant Judge, and you guessed it, he is called Judge Dreed.
He is in the process of Evaluating a Rookie Anderson ( a petite blonde), when he gets a crime call.
Crime : 3 ppl thrown from the 200th floor in a residential appartments.
Dreed comes, investigates, catches the criminal. But the building is run my MaMa, a lady gangster dealing drugs. She shuts down the building and openly asks anyone to kill the judges or no one leaves the building.
How the judges Come out of this mess, forms the rest of the killings.

Thoroughly enjoyed it. Good stunts, gun fights, Baba style countdowns & punch dialogues. A bit too much of violence and blood. A movie to have used the most different arms and weapons. The movies races with Rambo 4, and its tough to determine the winner.

Dreed : Hardcore Spectacle.

selvakumar
23rd December 2012, 09:14 AM
Teen Maar - Everyone have acted well. But it is slow and tests your patience at times. Pawan Kalyan as usual had done well. Trisha too is good. Very different Telugu film.

They haven't given any respect for Thaali sentiment and that is a pleasant surprise. New age telugu cinema. kandippa paarkalam.. :thumbsup:

ajaybaskar
23rd December 2012, 01:28 PM
Selva,

If time permits, watch 'Love Aaj Kal'

MADDY
23rd December 2012, 02:03 PM
Selva,

If time permits, watch 'Love Aaj Kal'

oh appadi......

NKPK - was nice fun movie....with its digital film making and lowered costs - the creators have short circuited the whole circle of distributors dictating the content of the movie.....it was meandering along with repeatedly same situations alright but it was funny.......amateurish acting, not so razor sharp dialogues, no well defined characters, over cooked similar plot points, recursiveness, no new screenwriting method, disappointing usage of short term memory in the movie (u had so many permutations to make it more interesting) but having said it all since it was based on a real incident, couldnt complain much......forgetting the cinematic points, i thought it was a pretty good visual documentation

mappi
23rd December 2012, 05:01 PM
Argo
Directed by Ben Affleck
Produced by Ben Affleck, George Clooney & Grant Heslov
Screenplay by Chris Terrio
Music by Alexandre Desplat
Cinematography Rodrigo Prieto

Starring
Ben Affleck as Tony Mendez
Bryan Cranston as Jack O'Donnell
Alan Arkin as Lester Siegel
John Goodman as John Chambers
6 Us Embassy officals
Bunch of Iranians
Others

Based on :
The Master of Disguise by Antonio J. Mendez
The Great Escape by Joshuah Bearman

Events happening after the attack of U.S. embassy in Tehran on November 4, 1979. The film concentrates on the extration of 6 escaped officials from Iran and not the hostage suituation inside the Embassy.

What is Argo ?
I don't Know
You don't Know ?
It means, ar-GO FàçK YOURSELF

No time wasted, Crip intro on Iranian (Persian) Cilivisation, Political heat, US embassy take over and Tony Mendes, a CIA tech op, is assigned to extract the 6 escaped officials from Iran, with limited option as their escape has been tracked by Iranians and they want them dead. All possibilities closed down, Tony comes up with a best Bad Idea, extracting them from Iran in the dusguise of Film Technicians. Approved, you got a Hollywood Film Argo, produced by CIA. With the help of a makeup artist and producer, Tony, within few days, mounts all the reliable documents to make ARGO an on going sci-fi Hollywood movie which has Iran as backdrop. He then travels to Iran as a film producer, fakes Passport for the 6 ppl as though they are the films director, script writer etc., trains them to get pass the security.
Whether they sucessfully leave Iran is told in a edge of seat thiller manner.

Firstly, this movie is a lesson showing how you make thrillers eventhough the viewer know whats going to happen. Eventhough quite dramatic, the Airport scenes were heart pounding. Secondly is the casting. Never seen a movie with so much effective casting (not comparing to the real life people). Each role has a man or woman playing it as though they are real. Thirdly, Direction : We got a story and a well written script. Now how do we execute it. See Argo. The tone of the movie, be it the color or music or sets take you back to the late 70s. Much attention was given to these details and they have come out sucessfully. Finally the dialogues and some very well made scenes like :

- Intro + Tehran suituation
- CIA meeting on the suituation
- Meeting with WGA (Writers Guild of America)
- Faking ARGO
- On going Film Rehersal compared with Iranians claims
- Airport scences
(to name a few)

Another thing worth mentioning is how the film maker draws and keeps your attention throughout. Long dialogues (coined as boring moments) cuts with a loud sound of a type writer or beaking windows or car honks. By this you are alerted and brought back to the proceedings and made to follow the story with much needed attention.

I personaly dont know what really happened. Heard it through documentaries. But in this movie the suituation and the escape were bit exagurated. I tell this to people who search for what happened and how it is shown in the movie. Its dramatised to the core to present it as a Thriller. And I stoped looking for accuracy. This film also has some flaws, but it could be noticed only by people who are looking for it.

Why this movie attracted me so much to say I calling it one of the best films I have watched in a decade because it easily connected me to it. To give you an ex :

If you want to sell a work (lie) Press will sell it for you !

Argo - A must watch

NOV
23rd December 2012, 07:25 PM
wanted to watch Kumki, but it was full house :shock: and therefore ended up watching Neethane En Ponvasantham

Not that bad as widely reported. Can watch once if not tired (so that you dont sleep in the hall :D )

Movie was generally artificial and sometimes the acting was plastic. The ending is totally unrealistic. And finishes with a Goundamani-Senthil joke :sigh2:
Samantha is mostly azhu moonju, and while Santhanam does provide relief, its few and far between.
Too many songs and after a point it becomes irritating. Dei, idlikku saambaaraa illa saambaarukku idliyaa :lol2:
Maybe becos there is NO story that Menon had to fill 2.5 hours with songs.
The only good song, mudhan murai was practically molested and destroyed by Menon :hammer:
BGM was atrocious at many places. The clashing of cymbals at every "shocking" moment is soooo outdated and juvenile. :roll:
The best part of the movie is the spoof on VTV :rotfl:
And why must every character in his movies say "what" (which they pronounce as vote!)

Can watch once, if you really have nothing better to do.
Probably the worst of Gautam. (tho his worst is still bearable speaks volumes)

Scale
23rd December 2012, 10:04 PM
:lol:

Scale
23rd December 2012, 10:16 PM
Looking forward to your kumki review merely for the songs

sundarapandian in parts - thaadikaaran alambal thaanga mudiyalaye :mad:

hattori_hanzo
24th December 2012, 12:25 AM
Looper (2012) - Disappointing :-(

Read several positive reviews in sites like RT before actually watching it. I seriously cant understand how such a bad movie is praised by one and all(And a movie like Primal Fear is rated very low in these sites). There's absolutely nothing new in it. The scenes in the 2nd half, we've already seen them all in X-Men & Terminator 2. Gordon Lewitt has no screen presence and the one who has it, Bruce Willis is wasted. And the villain's character looked like an M.N.Nambiar operating out of his den with a bunch of henchmen.

Hollywood critics's movie ratings - Onnum Puriyala Solla Theriyala... :hammer:

HonestRaj
25th December 2012, 03:15 PM
Naduvula Konjam Pakkaththa Kanum
liked it.. but i feel the film needs little bit of editing.. atleast 20 to 25 mins of cut..
not a full length comedy.. had few sentimental scenes..
but LOL scenes were really good.. medulla oblongata, cerebrum, cerebellum, depression, oppression, kaadhalngradhu aal manasula adicha aani.. & lot more..
clash between bajji & bags was :lol:
2 1/2 hrs film with no songs except the title song & no fight.. it may test your patience.. may be in the last 30 mins
nice to see some new concept / one or two liners are made into a story breaking out from normal film making..
i read pizza is remade into kannada & recently they released subramanyapuram's remake.. it will be nice if big heroes also come out of remake mode & encourage new concepts & start working with "naalaiya iyakkunar" kind of directors

HonestRaj
25th December 2012, 03:20 PM
Poda Podi
- didn't liked it
- parkka aarambichutten.. mudichuduvom'nu ore karanathukkaga parthen..
- songs edhuvum mindla ottalai..
- very easy to forget these kind of films after a year or so..

NOV
25th December 2012, 08:12 PM
English Vinglish

Slow moving and at times reminds one of Mind Your Language series.
Everytime I looked at SriDevi's nose, it reminded me of Michael Jackson :sigh2:
Bad week of noses (the other being Kumki)

Once paarkkalaam

Cinemarasigan
26th December 2012, 01:04 PM
Naduvula Konjam Pakkaththa Kanum
liked it.. but i feel the film needs little bit of editing.. atleast 20 to 25 mins of cut..
not a full length comedy.. had few sentimental scenes..
but LOL scenes were really good.. medulla oblongata, cerebrum, cerebellum, depression, oppression, kaadhalngradhu aal manasula adicha aani.. & lot more..
clash between bajji & bags was :lol:
2 1/2 hrs film with no songs except the title song & no fight.. it may test your patience.. may be in the last 30 mins
nice to see some new concept / one or two liners are made into a story breaking out from normal film making..
i read pizza is remade into kannada & recently they released subramanyapuram's remake.. it will be nice if big heroes also come out of remake mode & encourage new concepts & start working with "naalaiya iyakkunar" kind of directors

I also watched this movie yesterday,,, Liked it too

lot of LOL Moments..

More like a stage Drama... not much of outdoor scenes.

Movie evolves around 4 friends and there are some 15 odd actors. Home, Hospital and Kalyana mandapam are the locations..

Considering the limited scope and budget, the movie is made well. :clap: worth a watch..

mappi
26th December 2012, 05:47 PM
Dabangg 2

Chulbul Pandey :
- gets transfered to Kanpur
- moves with his step-father-brother, wife to new location
- Dances with Munni and Kareena
- Fools his dad by talking as a girl on his mobile phone
- confronts Baccha Bhai - local goon / wanna be politician
- Throws bad guys in the air
- Shows 6 six pack in the end before becoming victorious

If you did not get these, Watch Dabangg 1.

Whats makes the movie click are the suituations. Each and every confronting scenes were well worked before and they come in the right moments making the watch so so interesting. Salman as Chulbul Pandey sells the same pot pourri, where as his brother, the director, cleverly took gun slinging shots from Max Payne Video Game series. Apart from such things there is nothing else to talk about. Rest the Media will take care to give it fancy figures just to make sure that Bollywood churns the best films in India.

Chulbul Pandey - Mental Harry lost in the city.

mappi
26th December 2012, 06:00 PM
Daruvu - Telugu Movie *Ravi Teja, Tapsee directed By "Siruthai" Siva

Don't Ask ! If this is the 2013 movie with Ajith, we can start digging now.

OK. Let me not be rude with film makers :
A good guy in wrong shoes - usually affected to the now emerging MASS factor - falls in love with a girl who is already booked by a Local Don. Here I tell you the names : Bullet Raja Vs Habour Babu. Things do turn out bad for Raja, not only beacause of Habour Babu, but due to political heat in the Yamaloka. Yes, you read it right. Chitragupta who does not like the sucessor and his new boss Yama (Ilayathilakam Prabu), conspires in bringing Raja to Yamaloka so that Yama gets a stiff time. As predicated, Raja dies - turns hell into hell - then - gets into a body of a local politician Ravi. So now, he confronts not only Raja's enemy but Ravi's too, with an unusual Climax - Death-Save counting system, a new deployment in Yamaloka.

One thing note worthing is - pretty girls all around in this film.
Tapsee dance chumma adurthu. Ravi Deja as usual seen with his grin. Siva is Load but not clear.

Prediction : See Duravu if you want to get a glimpse of Siva-Ajith movie. (Hope its not true, keeping fingers crossed)

hattori_hanzo
26th December 2012, 08:51 PM
AP-lo only paasibil. I dont think Ajith would star in the Tamil remake. We have had some disastrous remakes of Telugu Yamaloka hits in the past - Adhisiya Piravi, Lucky Man and an old NT movie Yamanukku Yaman (I think it flopped, not sure). And recently Vadivelu's Indhralogathil Naa Azhagappan.

Saw some posters of the dubbed version, Bullet Raja with Prabhu in Yaman get-up.

venkkiram
27th December 2012, 07:57 PM
From Era.Murugan's FB page : இருந்தாலும் இறந்தாலும் இந்தி நடிகராகத்தான் இருக்கணும். ராஜேஷ் கன்னாவுக்கு பத்மவிபூஷன் விருதாம்!

நெஞ்சைத் தொட்டுச் சொல்லுங்க, அவர் எந்தப் படத்திலே ‘நடிச்சிருக்கார்’? ஆனந்த் படத்திலே நல்ல கதை, அமிதாப்போட அமைதியான நடிப்பு, ரிஷிகேஷ்தாவின் இயக்கம் இதெல்லாம் சேர்ந்து ராஜேஷை நடிகராக்கிக் காட்டியது. மற்றபடி?

இங்கே தமிழ்லே ஒருத்தர் வாழ்க்கையையே நாடகம், திரைப்படம்னு செலவிட்டார். கப்பலோட்டிய தமிழனா, கட்டபொம்மனா, திருப்பூர் குமரனா, வாஞ்சிநாதனா இன்னும் எத்தனை எத்தனை கதாபாத்திரங்கள் அந்த விழுப்புரம் சின்னையா கணேசன் செய்து நம்மை மெய்மறக்கச் செய்தார்!

அவருக்கு பத்மஸ்ரீ பட்டத்தோட டாட்டா காட்டிட்டாங்க டில்லியில். ராஜேஷ் கன்னா, வெங்காயம், வெள்ளைப் பூண்டுக்கெல்லாம் பத்மவிபூஷனாம்..வெட்கக்கேடு

venkkiram
28th December 2012, 09:05 PM
சென்னையில் நடந்த சர்வதேச திரைப்பட விழாவில் வெளியில் தெரியாமல் மறைக்கப் பட்ட அசிங்கங்கள் – அகில இந்தியாவே காறி துப்பிய அவலம்!! =பிரத்யேக ரிப்போர்ட் by ரவி நாக ராஜன்!

http://www.aanthaireporter.com/?p=17861

rsubras
31st December 2012, 11:45 AM
From Era.Murugan's FB page : இருந்தாலும் இறந்தாலும் இந்தி நடிகராகத்தான் இருக்கணும். ராஜேஷ் கன்னாவுக்கு பத்மவிபூஷன் விருதாம்!

நெஞ்சைத் தொட்டுச் சொல்லுங்க, அவர் எந்தப் படத்திலே ‘நடிச்சிருக்கார்’? ஆனந்த் படத்திலே நல்ல கதை, அமிதாப்போட அமைதியான நடிப்பு, ரிஷிகேஷ்தாவின் இயக்கம் இதெல்லாம் சேர்ந்து ராஜேஷை நடிகராக்கிக் காட்டியது. மற்றபடி?

இங்கே தமிழ்லே ஒருத்தர் வாழ்க்கையையே நாடகம், திரைப்படம்னு செலவிட்டார். கப்பலோட்டிய தமிழனா, கட்டபொம்மனா, திருப்பூர் குமரனா, வாஞ்சிநாதனா இன்னும் எத்தனை எத்தனை கதாபாத்திரங்கள் அந்த விழுப்புரம் சின்னையா கணேசன் செய்து நம்மை மெய்மறக்கச் செய்தார்!

அவருக்கு பத்மஸ்ரீ பட்டத்தோட டாட்டா காட்டிட்டாங்க டில்லியில். ராஜேஷ் கன்னா, வெங்காயம், வெள்ளைப் பூண்டுக்கெல்லாம் பத்மவிபூஷனாம்..வெட்கக்கேடு

I believe....Sivaji is not an actor to be conferred awards, but a legend on whose name awards should be conferred on actors......

rsubras
31st December 2012, 11:47 AM
AP-lo only paasibil. I dont think Ajith would star in the Tamil remake. We have had some disastrous remakes of Telugu Yamaloka hits in the past - Adhisiya Piravi, Lucky Man and an old NT movie Yamanukku Yaman (I think it flopped, not sure). And recently Vadivelu's Indhralogathil Naa Azhagappan.

Saw some posters of the dubbed version, Bullet Raja with Prabhu in Yaman get-up.

Athisaya Piravi - Kaathula Poo ngra S.Ve.Shekar drama maathiri la irunthathu?

balaajee
31st December 2012, 11:57 AM
I believe....Sivaji is not an actor to be conferred awards, but a legend on whose name awards should be conferred on actors......

U R optimistic!

MADDY
31st December 2012, 12:08 PM

:thumbsup: if only he was a mahrashtrian or bengali, it would have been already done......

hattori_hanzo
31st December 2012, 01:52 PM
Athisaya Piravi - Kaathula Poo ngra S.Ve.Shekar drama maathiri la irunthathu?

Kadhula poo enakku sariya nyabagam illa. But Athisaya Piravi is a remake of Yamudiki Mogudu(1988).

hattori_hanzo
4th January 2013, 06:21 PM
Watched parts of the classic Tenali Raman, starring Sivaji Ganesan in the title role and N.T.Rama Rao(looks very good..and I never knew he spoke Tamil so fluently) as Emperor Krishna Deva Raya, in KTV last week. The movie comprises of many small episodes and I could watch just 3 of them. They were are very entertaining and fast-paced, unlike many other yesteryear Raja-Rani movies.

Krishna Deva Raya's aranmanai josiyar, who is a Mughal spy hatches a plan to deceive the king. He warns that the king might lose his life as well as the war against Mughals if he starts attacking now and asks him to postpone it. But the Mughals (secretly) are at the gates, already prepared to strike any moment. Tenali Raman, disguised as a Malayala Namboodiri (NT's acting, accent and body language is remarkable here) asks the josiyar, "What does your astrology say about your own life span?" for which the josiyar replies, "I will lead a healthy life as long as 72 years". Tenali Raman issues a command and a soldier kills the josiyar at once, just to prove that he is a fake.

The same sequence was seen several years later, in Manivannan's Amaidhi Padai.

MADDY
5th January 2013, 11:39 AM
Alien (1979)

masterpiece........eppadi dhaan yosikkrangalo

selvakumar
6th January 2013, 08:32 AM
Nippu, Mirappakkai.. Ravi teja is good in both films. template masala..

venkkiram
6th January 2013, 12:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUHBVmglh98

எனக்குத் தெரிந்து ஒரு படைப்பு பலதரப் பட்டவர்களால் (எழுத்தாளர்கள், விமர்சகர்கள்) ஒரே இடத்தில் உரையாடப்பட்டது நந்தலாலாவிற்கு மட்டும்தான்.

:notworthy:

ajaybaskar
7th January 2013, 01:52 PM
Zero Dark Thirty

While the film was touted to be the OBL assassination episode, it actually is about the search for the man. It claims that without Maya's (Chastain) intelligence and determination, OBL would've never been found.

Other Oscar contenders have to be extremely good to prevent ZDT from bagging the golden statuette.

mappi
7th January 2013, 04:00 PM
DJANGO (D silent) Unchained
Written and Directed by Quentin Tarantino

Starring
Jamie Foxx
Christoph Waltz
Leonardo DiCaprio
Samuel L. Jackson
Some black Salves &Their filthy masters, Outlaws and horses

Running time 2h45 mins

America during slave trade - outlaws & bounty hunters - lawless country side - plantation Zamindhars are the main points on which the film is constructed on. A bounty hunter Dr. Schultz (Christoph Waltz) escapes a slave Django (Jamie Foxx) to track down 3 brothers who are in Wanted Dead or Alive Category. Along with Django he hunts them, but in the course of time Schultz forms a friendly affection towards Django. Django is a sad man who lost his wife, but Schultz assures him that if he had not seen her dead, then she would be caught in the salve trade. Schultz proposes him to help him hunt outlaws and in return he will help him find his wife. At a stage, they reach Mississippi which is famous for "plantation" and they get a clue where Django's wife might be - With an arogant Zamindhar Calvin Candie (Leonardo DiCaprio). They hatch a plan to trick him and get Django's wife back. Upon their arrival they are welcomed by a curious eyed Stephen (Samuel L. Jackson). Whether they find Django's wife Dead or Alive forms the rest of the story.

I liked the way the film progresses - Django and Schutlz & outlaws - Calvin Candie Entry - menancing Stephan - Escape - Revenge - Climax. Its like reading a book or going thru a graphic novel. A tick to Naration.

Story - agony of a man who has lost his wife in a wrong place at a wrong time and his adventures in search of her. A tick to Execution

Performance - Christoph Waltz & Leonardo DiCaprio shine out. Jamie Fox as the nigger on a horse is bad a$$. Samuel L. Jackson, should I tell about him ? A tick to Casting

BGM : As usual Tarantino picks up the nostalgic themes and songs. Tick to RR [you hear Sadle noise, leather gloves noise etc which put you really au milleu the scene)

Run time : Trust me, even after 2h45 mins, you will want more. Tick to entertainement.

Not because its a Tarantino' movie I recomend it, but because I enjoyed this movie. MUST WATCH

PS. Note the Cameo of Franco Nero [remember the real Django ...] & the funny Tarantino's end.

-EDIT-
Warning : For those who have not seen or liked exploitation movie, this movie has got some violent (less gore scenes)

NOV
7th January 2013, 04:54 PM
Thiruthani... 15 mins... adhukkappuram mudiyala :cry:

mappi
7th January 2013, 05:32 PM
Thiruthani... 15 mins... adhukkappuram mudiyala :cry:

Oh ! .. you missed the highlight of the film : cameo by Perasu & TR-Simbu-Vambu punch !

NOV
7th January 2013, 05:50 PM
Oh ! .. you missed the highlight of the film : cameo by Perasu & TR-Simbu-Vambu punch !kandippaa paarkkanumaa? :cry2:

mappi
7th January 2013, 05:57 PM
kandippaa paarkkanumaa? :cry2:

lol
... if you have seen my review, it would have saved your 15 mins ...

http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?10060-Chinna-Thalapathy-quot-Bharath-quot-is-back&p=970189&viewfull=1#post970189

NOV
7th January 2013, 06:00 PM
Appappa ...
muzhu padaththaiyum paathengalaa?
ungalukku award koduththE aaganum :yes:

mappi
7th January 2013, 06:31 PM
muzhu padaththaiyum paathengalaa? ungalukku award koduththE aaganum :yes:

Mika Nandri.

mappi
7th January 2013, 07:09 PM
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey aka Lord of the rings Part 0
Based on "The Hobbit" by J. R. R. Tolkien
Directed by Peter Jackson [Screen Play : Guillermo del Toro (a name to note for those who do not know him)]

Filmed in 3D - runtime 3 hours

Cast
A main Hobbit and some other hobbits
Tall man with white beard
10+ Dwarfs
Bizzare creatures and monsters
A dragon

An adventure tale of Bagins (Frodo's Uncle) about 50 years prior of Lord of the rings. Yes - its about how he got the ring ! What ring ? Watch LOTR. So, When a kingdom of dwarfs is attacked and taken by a dragon, the survivor Prince Thorin vows to take back his kingdom. For this he assembles 12 other dwarfs each one skilled in an art of war. They all know Gandalf. Gandalf tricks Bagins to come with them to the mountains to take down the dragon. Why an hobbit, because the dragon could not get his scent. So they all go, cross forests, get trapped, chased, lost & found and at one point they get trapped in Misty mountains when 2 gaint mountains were fighting. Here there are Goblins - deformed creatures. Bagins escapes them as they could not smell him out but the rest of the dwarfs get caught. Here is the important part : A fall takes bagins to the under under under (yes you have read it right, I said 3 under and not a typing mistake) of misty mountains where he meets Gollum. Gollum looses his ring accidently, which Bagins take. He then uses the ring to escape from Gollum who is last seen screaming and crying in his pathetic hole, while Bagins joins the other dwarfs and flees of the Misty Mountains. Then you have the climax with a gaint on a wolf - an unsettled score between the gaint and Thorin. Then they all, with the help of Huge birds come to a spot where they see the Dwarf's Lonely mountain - their destination. The film ends here, but the journey of the Hobit will continue in the next 2 parts.

Firstly - 3hrs of 3D was too much. Most of us got out with Headaches and dizzyness, eventhough the 3D effects in the movie was spectacular.

Nothing quite new here - just enhanced Special effects. If you are not a fan of Fantasy films (like me), you start to wonder where the movie is going or you will be ready to take a helicopter and get the guys to their destination ASAP. Some moments were really testing my patience.

Action - Most of the encounters looked Gamish. I think the recent PS3 games have much better presentation than this movie. In the movie it looks like LOTR video game.

Only thing that got my attention was - meeting with Gollum and it was nicely done. They have done a lot of experiment on Gollum and has some extra-ordinary effects on the face expression. I recomend all to watch the Gollum episode if possible.

The movie is strictly for
- Fantasy movie lovers
- readers of J. R. R. Tolkien
- LOTR followers
- the one who projects it in the theatre.

And dont forget to take your amurthangan with you.

interz
7th January 2013, 07:35 PM
Dammu (telugu) - not good

This movie must be sequel to Brindavanam. The only difference is the dose of violence. JR. NTR. didnt improve his acting but only in dance and fighting. Brindavanam had Kajal and Samantha. Dammu has Trisha and Karthika. Same comedians doing some non laughable comedy. Songs are looking colorful and grand. Theres no doubt that Tollywood is bigger than Kollywood. I hope Jr. Ntr. will try out something new than the repeat formula. Ask my idol if it works.

mappi
7th January 2013, 08:33 PM
Dammu (telugu) - not good

Brindhavanam > Dammu > Sakthi

Dammu Highlight : Nasser's Mustache, lion statues, guys running around with Aruval
Shakthi Highlight : Interval block Sakthi becoming human transformers - even Michael Bay wouldn't have thought it, Climax-la Prabhu & Parakum fight
Brindhavanam : Family, family & family nudula Prakash Raj

venkkiram
8th January 2013, 11:13 AM
நடுவுல கொஞ்சம் பக்கத்த காணோம்.. சிறப்பான அம்சங்கள் நிறைந்த படைப்பு. எனக்கு நிறைவை அளித்த ஒன்று..

பாலாஜி தரணீதரன் :notworthy: மொதோ படத்திலேயே பெரிய நம்பிக்கைத் தூணை ஊன்றியிருக்கிறார். வாழ்த்துக்கள். கிளாசிக் வகையினுள் சம்மணமிட்டு அமர்கிறது படைப்பு.

*** டைட்டில் பாடலிலேயே ஒவ்வொரு கதாபாத்திரத்தின் குணநலன்களை பட்டியல் போட்டு ஆரம்பிக்கும் விதத்திலிருந்து.. படத்தின் கடைசிக் காட்சி வரை.. "வித்யாசமா பண்றேன்! வித்யாசமா பண்றேன்!"னு திரிஞ்சிகிட்டு இருக்கிற கோடம்பாக்க இயக்குனர்கள் இந்தப் படத்தை ஒரு வகுப்புப் பாடமாக எண்ணி நிறைய கத்துக்கணும்.

interz
9th January 2013, 12:25 AM
Julayi - a better telugu movie

A well presented movie that works in telugu, would not click well with tamil audience. Allu arjun is stylish indeed throughout he movie, deservingly called stylish star among fans. Ileana doesnt have much to do than play "like/not like" games with hero, but she plays a crucial part near interval. All the comedians done good job on comedy department. Sonu Sood, and the mute girl are convincing as reall bad guy/girl. Songs by DSP are catchy, dance is good, kudos to choreographers.

The only minus is the end when he reforms into a good guy who listen to parents, old movie stereotype formula that is tiring.

mappi
9th January 2013, 02:02 AM
Julayi - a better telugu movie

I do not wish to pull you into an argument bringing in the similarities of this Trivikram movie and one of your favorite movies of 2012. No suprise that you gave a favorable review for this movie. I watched it for Rajendra Prasad, and was disappointed how his comic abilities were misused. Other than that this movie stays in the bin for me. And for Allu Arjun and his "stylish star" title, no comments too as there would be a "AA veriyan" hidden here.

I get what you said about Illeana, but were you serious about the interval block ? Again I got to bring in Michael Bay. Another nethi adi to him by our film makers.

Nice that someone is watching & posting their take on Telugu movies.

NOV
10th January 2013, 06:58 PM
3 on TV now
Just realised something

Take a glass of milk = A
Take half glass of A mix equal amount of water = B
Take half glass of B and mix equal amount of water = C

A = Mayakkam Enna
B = 3
C = Neethaane En Pon vasantham

RC
11th January 2013, 07:17 AM
NOV - mixing paththi-laam pEsa aarambicchuttInga?

NOV
11th January 2013, 08:02 AM
paal thaanE :p

ajaybaskar
12th January 2013, 09:14 PM
Kanna Laddu Thinna Aasaiyaa?

Probably the 2nd worst remake of a classic after Maappillai. Santhanam evokes a few laughs but mostly a rehash of his earlier jokes. Powerstar is irritating to the core. In fact, because of him the film falls flat. If you love IPNV, better stay away.

HonestRaj
12th January 2013, 10:05 PM

Probably the 2nd worst remake of a classic after Maappillai. Santhanam evokes a few laughs but mostly a rehash of his earlier jokes. Powerstar is irritating to the core. In fact, because of him the film falls flat. If you love IPNV, better stay away.

if u love'ah.. enna kelvi idhu.. classic.. first half each & every scene, every dialogue is a classic..
recently i was discussing about the scene - vengudu proposing to radhika.. explaining her about Jayakanthan's novel.. :lol:
i never stayed away from praising Baghyaraj, both in this forum & outside to my friends..

venkkiram
13th January 2013, 10:54 PM
The Bicycle Thief - படத்தைப் பார்த்து ரசித்த எண்ணற்ற மனிதர்களின் வரிசையில் நானும் கலந்துவிட்டேன். படைப்பாளியின் காலில் விழுகிறேன்.. :notworthy:

Scale
14th January 2013, 08:54 PM
The Bicycle Thief - படத்தைப் பார்த்து ரசித்த எண்ணற்ற மனிதர்களின் வரிசையில் நானும் கலந்துவிட்டேன். படைப்பாளியின் காலில் விழுகிறேன்.. :notworthy:

I suggest you to watch "Beijing bicycle" right away. You'll come to know how much Vetrimaran (kaalla vizhundhadhu avar dhaan) draws inspiration in his Polladhavan from that young boy in job,stolen bike,in search of it, romance, family father-son scuffle, Fuse-Lee's six-pack!! told from a different, unimaginable perspective.

A Must watch!

ajaybaskar
15th January 2013, 02:36 AM
Nagavalli/Chandramukhi 2

If Chandramukhi was an example of how to make a bad remake, Nagavalli is a perfect example of making a bad sequel. Glad that Rajnikanth didn't opt for making the movie in Tamil.

RC
15th January 2013, 08:16 AM
Scale - This one is for you....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syTVLvjQ6hU

RC
15th January 2013, 08:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_FgwD5A_Yo

venkkiram
15th January 2013, 09:00 AM
Scale - This one is for you....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syTVLvjQ6hU

Thanks RC.

venkkiram
15th January 2013, 09:02 AM
I suggest you to watch "Beijing bicycle" right away. You'll come to know how much Vetrimaran (kaalla vizhundhadhu avar dhaan) draws inspiration in his Polladhavan from that young boy in job,stolen bike,in search of it, romance, family father-son scuffle, Fuse-Lee's six-pack!! told from a different, unimaginable perspective.

A Must watch! Thanks Scale. Will do.

venkkiram
15th January 2013, 09:07 AM
The Bicycle Thief: சின்னச் சின்ன வைரங்கள் படம் முழுவதும் புதைக்கப்பட்டுள்ளது.

பானை சோற்றில் ஒரு பதம்: சுறுசுறுப்பாக முதல் நாள் வேலைக்கு புறப்படும் அன்டோனியோவைப் பார்த்து மனைவி சொல்லுவாள்: "இந்த உடையில் நீங்கள் ஒரு காவலர் போலவே இருக்கிங்க!". எஞ்சி வரும் படக் காட்சிகள் முழுவதும் அன்டோனியோ ஒரு காவலர் போலவே தனது சைக்கிளை தேடிக்கொண்டிருப்பான்..

படக் காட்சிகளை ஒவ்வொரு முறை அசைபோடும் போதும், வெவ்வெறு தரிசனங்களை அள்ளித் தெளிக்கிறது. கருத்துருவகங்களும் கவியுருவகங்களும் நிறைந்த படைப்பு!

ajithfederer
15th January 2013, 10:21 AM
Happy For Jessica Chastain who took the GG's yesterday. Knew she belonged in the big leagues[/url] while watching her as the Mom in "The Tree of Life". BTW, Where did you see this film?.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_ePEq-ZMec]

Zero Dark Thirty

While the film was touted to be the OBL assassination episode, it actually is about the search for the man. It claims that without Maya's (Chastain) intelligence and determination, OBL would've never been found.

Other Oscar contenders have to be extremely good to prevent ZDT from bagging the golden statuette.

ajaybaskar
15th January 2013, 10:42 AM
DVD bro. The print was pretty good.

ajithfederer
15th January 2013, 11:21 AM
Ok. Thanks.

mexicomeat
15th January 2013, 01:54 PM

Probably the 2nd worst remake of a classic after Maappillai. .
thillu mullu remake is on its way

joe
15th January 2013, 02:01 PM
மதுபானக்கடை - easily best of 2013 , IMO

கதைக்களம் ஈரோட்டில் இருந்தாலும் ஆல்கஹால் மணியாக வருபவரின் உருவமும் பேச்சும் எங்கள் ஊரையே சுற்றி வர , யாரென்று தேடிப்பார்த்தால் அவர் தான் கவிஞர் என்.டி.ராஜ்குமார் -ம் .. செம பெர்பார்மன்ஸ்!

hattori_hanzo
15th January 2013, 02:26 PM

கதைக்களம் ஈரோட்டில் இருந்தாலும் ஆல்கஹால் மணியாக வருபவரின் உருவமும் பேச்சும் எங்கள் ஊரையே சுற்றி வர , யாரென்று தேடிப்பார்த்தால் அவர் தான் கவிஞர் என்.டி.ராஜ்குமார் -ம் .. செம பெர்பார்மன்ஸ்!

Padam vandhu poyi aaru maasam aache :confused2:

joe
15th January 2013, 02:51 PM
ha ha..sorry 2012 ..naan ippa theen paakkuren :)

hattori_hanzo
15th January 2013, 03:56 PM
ha ha..sorry 2012 ..naan ippa theen paakkuren :)

:-)

Joe, any idea which theatres in SG are releasing Vishwa? Is the release date 25th? TV'la ads edhaavadhu podraangala?

HonestRaj
15th January 2013, 04:01 PM

joe, idhai neenga parthurupeengannu ninaikkiren..

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x273/karuppu_kudhirai/vlcsnap-2012-08-20-15h09m32s238.png

joe
15th January 2013, 04:15 PM
Honest,
Yes. I saw that ..That is the base line ..But Rajkumar's appearance and slang are different from others ..he looks very familiar to me ..then found he is from Nagercoil.

Scale
15th January 2013, 11:30 PM
Maattrraann - kodumai!!

HJ Ukvaniyala oosi potrukaanga (Musica Musica....)

Scale
15th January 2013, 11:58 PM
That song is a classic example of filching their grandeur stuff and ending up disastrously. rombha try panniruppaapla Naani Koni OTOH is chic & romantic :musicsmile:

Scale
17th January 2013, 12:27 AM
Watching Barfi! I know lot of scenes are lifted but I am seeing an actor par excellence,sensually handsome after 25 years could imitate to the utmost perfection even better than KH.

Ranbir Kapoor pindrada :notworthy: a deaf and mute character uplifted by his sheer comic sense & screen presence.

Ravi Varman cinematography every shot is aesthetically done and a research material! Felt like watching completely a Foreign film (French)!

Pritam lovely songs picture shuru to Uff is dil kya karoon so far :musicsmile:

ajaybaskar
17th January 2013, 01:17 AM
I liked his performance too

mappi
18th January 2013, 05:29 PM
Naayak (meaning Hero) Telugu Movie

Taking the words of MovieBuff, this movie makes Alex Pandian look like a Classic. As much as I understood (no language problem, but naration problem), its about a Mega Power youngster with a funny name, Cherry, who tricks a don just to fall in love with the don's Sister. When the don comes to know about it, he goes to kill him but witnesses him killing the Commisioner of Police. Then I dont know, suddenly there is a Kumba Mela and Cherry is worshiping Shiva, while CBI have tracked him down and circle to Arrest him. At that time a Cherry look alike comes sworing from the temple lake with a Trisul and attacks the minister but gets arrested. Much awaited Interval ! So, this guy who came from the water got a funny name too Siddharth Naayak (thus the title), who lives in the Telugu speaking Indain state Culcata. He beomes a don in just 5 minutes. His enemies being all the political power united. His strength, the hand kissing local people. Naayak gets tricked by the politicians and CM's murder is put on his head, gets stabed, thrown in Ganges after a sidekick annouces that he is dead, but he opens his eyes in the water ... altogether wow ! Cherry deceided to help him just like that and goes with family to Culcata to help him. What happens when the 2 identical people come together to take down the evil from the society forms the rest of the ... whatever it is.

CBI officer goes around with his shoulder gun holster ! He has no clue of the existance of a Don in Culcata, that he is proud to have tracked a guy who resembles the No-Clue-what-So-Ever Don !
2 heroines - Miss Milk and Miss Sweet - They were not even used for what they were roped in !
Mega Power Star Ram Cheran - oh boy ! does he really think he is what he is ? Dumb !
VV Vinayak : Remake the movies that you had earlier made, that could still fetch some response.
S. Thaman : please stick with Mahesh Babu, he has style & class, and you have a lot of scope while working with him.
Stunts : Matirx Like Hero Entry, Throwing sidekicks like they were cotton sacks ...

And did I mention that Cherry's Uncle name is Jilebi !?!

Naayak - torture.

selvakumar
20th January 2013, 12:44 PM
Jab Tak Hai Jaan - Very good. Though it is a typical SRK film with triangle love story, they have handled it in a totally different way. Everyone have done well. Liked the songs and the camera work and choreography was top notch.

ajaybaskar
20th January 2013, 01:46 PM
It was indeed good. :)

MADDY
21st January 2013, 08:25 AM
appadiya? i feared it would be unsittable :-)

joe
21st January 2013, 10:07 AM
நீ தானே என் பொன் வசந்தம்

அவ்வளவு மோசமில்லையே ..ஓசியில பார்த்ததாலா ? அல்லது விமர்சனப்பார்வை குறைந்துவிட்டதா ? :)

selvakumar
21st January 2013, 10:30 AM
What a pleasing feel good movie after long time.. Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu (SVSC).. Arguably one of the best movies in that it was simple, down to earth except few minor flaws here & there. PrakashRaj is a legend & it's apt that he is shown as son of late S.V.Ranga Rao in this movies. Our era's Ranga Rao is Prakash Raj. Will watch it again

:clap: :clap: :clap:

selvakumar
21st January 2013, 10:32 AM
appadiya? i feared it would be unsittable :-)
The movie will shock a normal Indian since it shakes the very foundation of marriage, relationships etc. No wonder people didn't like it. More of a culture thing and that is the main strength of the movie. Lot of cliched scenes but you will like it. I didn't knew music was by A.R.Rahman.

balaajee
21st January 2013, 03:11 PM
Watching Barfi! I know lot of scenes are lifted but I am seeing an actor par excellence,sensually handsome after 25 years could imitate to the utmost perfection even better than KH.

Ranbir Kapoor pindrada :notworthy: a deaf and mute character uplifted by his sheer comic sense & screen presence.

Ravi Varman cinematography every shot is aesthetically done and a research material! Felt like watching completely a Foreign film (French)!

Pritam lovely songs picture shuru to Uff is dil kya karoon so far :musicsmile:

'Barfi!' leads Filmfare awards with 6 wins (http://www.ptinews.com/news/3316179_-Barfi---leads-Filmfare-awards-with-6-wins)- Press Trust of India

ajithfederer
21st January 2013, 07:08 PM
Venkatesh - Peddodu
Mahesh - Chinnodu.

Simple-aa vechutaanga. Seeing this Wednesday.

Must be relieving to see Mahesh do something other than what he has been doing. Telugu Ind, playing to their strengths. :)

What a pleasing feel good movie after long time.. Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu (SVSC).. Arguably one of the best movies in that it was simple, down to earth except few minor flaws here & there. PrakashRaj is a legend & it's apt that he is shown as son of late S.V.Ranga Rao in this movies. Our era's Ranga Rao is Prakash Raj. Will watch it again

:clap: :clap: :clap:

selvakumar
23rd January 2013, 12:10 PM
Venkatesh - Peddodu
Mahesh - Chinnodu.

Simple-aa vechutaanga. Seeing this Wednesday.

Must be relieving to see Mahesh do something other than what he has been doing. Telugu Ind, playing to their strengths. :)

Yes. Infact, both of them don't have any fight scenes. Film is more like Murari. He looked great and performed well in romantic scenes.

NOV
23rd January 2013, 01:47 PM
Yaarum thamizh padam paarkiradhillaiyyaa?

srimal
23rd January 2013, 04:00 PM
SVSC - nalla padam - feel good !! naan 3 times parthaen :)

idha tamil remake panna ... with whom would they try ???

balaajee
23rd January 2013, 05:42 PM
SVSC - nalla padam - feel good !! naan 3 times parthaen :)

idha tamil remake panna ... with whom would they try ???

Chiyaan & STR

balaajee
23rd January 2013, 06:17 PM
Naayak (meaning Hero) Telugu Movie

Taking the words of MovieBuff, this movie makes Alex Pandian look like a Classic. As much as I understood (no language problem, but naration problem), its about a Mega Power youngster with a funny name, Cherry, who tricks a don just to fall in love with the don's Sister. When the don comes to know about it, he goes to kill him but witnesses him killing the Commisioner of Police. Then I dont know, suddenly there is a Kumba Mela and Cherry is worshiping Shiva, while CBI have tracked him down and circle to Arrest him. At that time a Cherry look alike comes sworing from the temple lake with a Trisul and attacks the minister but gets arrested. Much awaited Interval ! So, this guy who came from the water got a funny name too Siddharth Naayak (thus the title), who lives in the Telugu speaking Indain state Culcata. He beomes a don in just 5 minutes. His enemies being all the political power united. His strength, the hand kissing local people. Naayak gets tricked by the politicians and CM's murder is put on his head, gets stabed, thrown in Ganges after a sidekick annouces that he is dead, but he opens his eyes in the water ... altogether wow ! Cherry deceided to help him just like that and goes with family to Culcata to help him. What happens when the 2 identical people come together to take down the evil from the society forms the rest of the ... whatever it is.

CBI officer goes around with his shoulder gun holster ! He has no clue of the existance of a Don in Culcata, that he is proud to have tracked a guy who resembles the No-Clue-what-So-Ever Don !
2 heroines - Miss Milk and Miss Sweet - They were not even used for what they were roped in !
Mega Power Star Ram Cheran - oh boy ! does he really think he is what he is ? Dumb !
VV Vinayak : Remake the movies that you had earlier made, that could still fetch some response.
S. Thaman : please stick with Mahesh Babu, he has style & class, and you have a lot of scope while working with him.
Stunts : Matirx Like Hero Entry, Throwing sidekicks like they were cotton sacks ...

And did I mention that Cherry's Uncle name is Jilebi !?!

Naayak - torture.

Nayak success celebration on plane

srimal
23rd January 2013, 06:23 PM
Chiyaan & STR

nkpk style la sollanumna - "pppah "

srimal
23rd January 2013, 06:24 PM
Nayak success celebration on plane

ivanga kadamai unarchikku oru alavae illama pochu :D

srimal
23rd January 2013, 06:25 PM

recentaa low budget movies edhum release agala .. adhaan !

MADDY
25th January 2013, 04:52 PM
Teree Sang (2009)

Incredibly cute characters and storyline

mappi
25th January 2013, 04:55 PM

Ullein Aiyya !

Of late was thinking about actor Ramki and Thakkali C Seenivasan. These guys had given some different genre films to TFI.
(What happened to them ? Are they still active in TFI ?)

So I watched :

Karrupu Roja & Inaindha Kaigal - kudos to Abavanan & team.
Inaindha Kaigal - completely forgot the climax. Did not recollect that *spoilers*. And ofcoarse the Ramki plot was lifted from Frederick Forsyth novel The Odessa File

Nallaya Manithan & Adhisaya Manithan (back to back) - Enjoyed them thoroughly. Ajay Rathnam ... LoL

Aatma - until climax OK, Climax was ... well ... !

balaajee
25th January 2013, 05:27 PM
Ullein Aiyya !

Of late was thinking about actor Ramki and Thakkali C Seenivasan. These guys had given some different genre films to TFI.
(What happened to them ? Are they still active in TFI ?)

So I watched :

Karrupu Roja & Inaindha Kaigal - kudos to Abavanan & team.
Inaindha Kaigal - completely forgot the climax. Did not recollect that *spoilers*. And ofcoarse the Ramki plot was lifted from Frederick Forsyth novel The Odessa File

Nallaya Manithan & Adhisaya Manithan (back to back) - Enjoyed them thoroughly. Ajay Rathnam ... LoL

Aatma - until climax OK, Climax was ... well ... !

Prathap K. Pothan last nearly 30lacks in that move...

mappi
25th January 2013, 06:55 PM
Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu => Mega Serial. I usually like Anjali, but she was a bit annoying in this movie. Like many said, a total all in all Family Padam - Hum apke hain koin Range. Personaly did not get drawn into the movie eventhough there were smiling moments then and there. Mahesh did a decent job (but for us seeing him like this give a feeling that he is out of place ... LoL) The rest of the 1 km long characters list are good too.
Recomend it just for its softness.

mappi
25th January 2013, 06:57 PM
Chiyaan & STR

//

Think the question was for characters played by Venkatesh & Mahesh and not Prakash Raj & Mahesh.

//

mappi
26th January 2013, 04:17 AM
RGV 26/11 Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20v_DINmWXo

[Those Interested : There is first 7 minutes on YouTube]

As usual RGV pulls my attention with his camera angles. Watch the opening "SUN" scene of the 7 minutes video ... Waiting to see how Mani Ratnam will potray his Kadal.

And Nana ... cheers !

k_vanan
26th January 2013, 04:34 PM
NKPK ..... superb movie :bow:

2012- attakathi, NKPK, saatai, pizza, KSY & thadayara taaka. Hope this small budget movie success continue this year too :-)

RC
26th January 2013, 07:59 PM
For those who are interested, aaraNya kaaNdam (seems to be a DVD print, not sure) is available in einthusan.com. I remember a conversation a while ago on wanting to see this (PR, venkiram and others).

ajaybaskar
26th January 2013, 09:28 PM
I think it's a DTH rip.

Arvind Srinivasan
26th January 2013, 10:22 PM
//

Think the question was for characters played by Venkatesh & Mahesh and not Prakash Raj & Mahesh.

//

Venkatesh is elder to both Vikram and Prakash Raj, mappi. And Vikram doesn't look old at all. Sample this

http://static.ibnlive.in.com/pix/slideshow/01-2013/david--vikram/david-12-jan-15.jpg

Doing this in Tamil will be a disaster though

mappi
27th January 2013, 12:12 AM
Venkatesh is elder to both Vikram and Prakash Raj, mappi. And Vikram doesn't look old at all.

LoL, that was for a joke wrt to the recent "I" photos .. appologies if I had offened you.

Doing this in Tamil will be a disaster though

Agree, but vidamantanga !

Scale
27th January 2013, 12:20 AM
For those who are interested, aaraNya kaaNdam (seems to be a DVD print, not sure) is available in einthusan.com. I remember a conversation a while ago on wanting to see this (PR, venkiram and others).

Its not working. Can you please provide me the link by pm would like to watch it. TIA!

mappi
27th January 2013, 12:31 AM
Hi Scale, check pm pls.

Thanks RC

Those interested : A decent copy, but still a bit blurr. Audio is good, with Kara Kara noise. Video : 5/10 Audio 6/10. Watchable.

Just finished zapping my favorite scenes ...

"Yenna Dok Aitingala !" - chance-say illa

Sappa : Nan yellam Pannuvein
Sidekicks : Ennada Pannuve ?
Sappa : Ithu !

Really funny.

Checkpost thandrathukulla Pasupathi-ye potrunga - Epic

Arvind Srinivasan
27th January 2013, 01:29 PM
LoL, that was for a joke wrt to the recent "I" photos .. appologies if I had offened you.

Offend lan illenga...I just thought you meant that seriously...

ajaybaskar
27th January 2013, 03:19 PM
Hi Scale, check pm pls.

Thanks RC

Those interested : A decent copy, but still a bit blurr. Audio is good, with Kara Kara noise. Video : 5/10 Audio 6/10. Watchable.

Just finished zapping my favorite scenes ...

"Yenna Dok Aitingala !" - chance-say illa

Sappa : Nan yellam Pannuvein
Sidekicks : Ennada Pannuve ?
Sappa : Ithu !

Really funny.

Checkpost thandrathukulla Pasupathi-ye potrunga - Epic

Immediately after the 'Enna, dokku ayitteengala?', Yuvan plucks a string. One instance where a sound elevates the impact.

The mexican standoff is my favourite too.

Tarantino+Guy Ritchie = TK. AK is the best movie of the decade.

ajaybaskar
27th January 2013, 07:11 PM
The Piano Teacher

Highly intense, hard hitting piece of work. With the creative liberty we have, we would never make such a movie in zillion years. Not for the weak hearted though.

Isabelle Huppert - Class apart :clap:

RC
27th January 2013, 11:58 PM
Scale - Sorry I did not notice your post. Hope you are all set.

Scale
28th January 2013, 12:33 AM
RC & Mappi,

The requested file does not exist :(

RC
28th January 2013, 12:53 AM
PM paarungO!

selvakumar
28th January 2013, 03:26 AM
The Piano Teacher

Highly intense, hard hitting piece of work. With the creative liberty we have, we would never make such a movie in zillion years. Not for the weak hearted though.

Isabelle Huppert - Class apart :clap:
I have lot of problems with this incest film including the depiction of the romance. Classic P o r ... films have achieved this in the 80s itself. One example is the performance by K.P in her adult films. So, this is nothing new. It is just that IH won an award and others have to live with the adult film industry title. :)

mappi
28th January 2013, 05:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLIs-4oM3m4

ajaybaskar
29th January 2013, 02:54 AM
Sinister

Well and truly spine chilling. Recommended for horror movie buffs.

mappi
29th January 2013, 03:48 AM
Immediately after the 'Enna, dokku ayitteengala?', Yuvan plucks a string. One instance where a sound elevates the impact.

The mexican standoff is my favourite too.

Tarantino+Guy Ritchie = TK. AK is the best movie of the decade.

True. Jackie Brown Type ending, Rugged atmosphere, crisp dialogues, extended shots, character circling around one objective etc., Class ¨presentation by TK. Easily one of the best in its genre.

Finished watching it just now. This DTH version is a high censored version. Some scences shown in the teaser and trailer are not present, and the final fight is just 30 sec or so ! All blood is blurred + Like Road Runner there are so many Beep Beep ... LoL

interz
29th January 2013, 06:46 PM
Rebel (telugu) - not causing the revolution.

A very dissapointing movie from Prabhas. Tamanna had not much to do that flash her navel in 1sty half and appear before song and in songs in 2nd half. It worse with Deeksha Seth. She was barely in the movie. Raghava Lawrence must have had the focus and dance and fights, rather than the screenplay and story.

When I look at the posters of Mirchi (Prabhas upcoming movie) it doesnt seem he has learned the lesson abt being versatile than monotonous.

balaajee
30th January 2013, 11:16 AM
Rebel (telugu) - not causing the revolution.

A very dissapointing movie from Prabhas. Tamanna had not much to do that flash her navel in 1sty half and appear before song and in songs in 2nd half. It worse with Deeksha Seth. She was barely in the movie. Raghava Lawrence must have had the focus and dance and fights, rather than the screenplay and story.

When I look at the posters of Mirchi (Prabhas upcoming movie) it doesnt seem he has learned the lesson abt being versatile than monotonous.

Movie runs 2:50mins...but it looks tooooo long....pain to watch....

MADDY
30th January 2013, 11:45 AM
Tron 1982

absolutely delightful.....the thought of the mid 70s and 80s people that computer is something that can take over mankind is awesome to watch and feel.......30yrs later, we know computer is a boring, assembly line machine which can do only things that we tell them to do.....heuristic algorithms ellam too much complex and if im not wrong we are not going in that direction at all......even lot of sci-fi classics depicted hovercrafts to take over, but we know its not feasible, and the famous video phones from space odyssey to "total recall" - is not at all in use now.......hence these sci-fi movies between 60 to 80s are real document of such "could be" inventions.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3efV2wqEjEY

Scale
30th January 2013, 01:02 PM
Aaranya Kaandam – Finally!! Lots of Guy Ritchie influences tho but a fresh and path-breaking attempt in TF’s. :clap: :clap: TKKR shines enormously in spite of unnecessary long chase,terribly boring and several sleep-inducing scenes

Jackie Shroff can’t even imagine such a transformation in his life-time entha oru alattalum illama he gives his career best performance. Ffrom the gruesome close-up ad to rib-tickling old fart dance :lol: tose little emotions he freaks out casually :notworthy:

Kalaian – What a find!! So much depth to this funny and remorseful character’s nature of portraying life’s ups and down as it is.. from zameendar to pacha lungi-grey jibba :lol: :rofl: :clap: However a movie may be technically shot and presented these are the roles that makes it intriguing and such dwelling characters will live forever in my memory. It evokes lot of interest to watch it again and to get hold of those epic lines. Great to have MM “Sammy enakkoru…” like role on board a given the maximum required screen space.

Ravikrishna as usual in his worst. For a better diminution next time play Mario games not more than level 1 and make sure you shave your head. I can’t tolerate that hair flipping on forehead anymore.

Yasmin Ponappa - Till climax I was recalling the same dialog from “Jab Tak We Met” remake “nee eppavume ippadithaana illai sappa irukkumbothu mattum thaana…“ Totally unexpected twist and the final “English dialoq” does ring a bell to her well educated past and JS fondness to learn English.

Yuvan's BGM : Throughout the movie you will hear lot of 70-80’s TF disco chartbusters but suddenly I was surprised to hear “Jai Ho” Sukhwinder hindi part ?? For such a gangster theme but milieu rightly set Yuvan has completely gone berserk with his western influences he should have shown some sense of localization at least to the kalaian (Father) & Son (Kodukkapuli) warmheartedness. Nevertheless the themes are good in its own.

Scale
30th January 2013, 01:30 PM
Thanks to RC/mappi all your efforts in sharing this film have resulted in vain (don't know why?) but I chose to download from other source. Lots of mute sounds :curse: and the quality of rip is very poor. I would love to watch it in DVD director's uncut version if its released.

ajaybaskar
30th January 2013, 01:37 PM
Flight

Washington lives up to his reputation. Pretty good drama. Liked it.

mappi
30th January 2013, 05:38 PM
Glad that you watched the movie / more glad that you like it.

Aaranya Kaandam – Finally!! Lots of Guy Ritchie influences
Can't deny that. But its reverse also. For ex: eventhough I cannot backup this, RocknRolla chase scene is a sure lift from BlackFriday Chase scene.

Aaranya Kaandam
Ravikrishna as usual in his worst. For a better diminution next time play Mario games not more than level 1 and make sure you shave your head. I can’t tolerate that hair flipping on forehead anymore.

Have watched several times, each time taking time to analyse the forte in the script, I feel that Ravikrishna's character Sappa was potrayed in a irritating manner - be it the voice, his hair style, even his sandals, his mannerism, his questions ... etc., your intolerence towards this character is the victory to the creator. Why was this character carved like that - Simply not to become the light of sympathy and overshwadow Subbu's character towards the climax. The climax is meant for Subbu and the fate of Sappa should not be a road block in the viewers mind eventhough Sappa's fate was pathetic.

I did not want to mention this Movie in the VR thread and depress KH fans more. But there are art works those which suffered and are sufering. AR is one such work and in the process we lost a creative talent TK *sigh*

mappi
30th January 2013, 05:41 PM
Flight

Washington lives up to his reputation. Pretty good drama. Liked it.

Did not get sucked by the trailer. Waiting for Sony to put it in PS3 movie catalogue.

mappi
30th January 2013, 05:44 PM
I would love to watch it in DVD director's uncut version if its released.

Someone correct me if I am wrong : I think the Indian censor certificate is for both screening in public and private.
So their won't be an Uncut version on DVD. All you get is the same "beeped-blurred version" but this time with quality image and sound on DVD

mappi
30th January 2013, 06:08 PM
Interz, Balaajee : Same blood

http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?9870-Film-Documentary-Recently-watched-amp-worthy-of-some-discussion&p=963543&viewfull=1#post963543

interz
31st January 2013, 04:09 AM
Cameraman Ganga Tho Rambabu(telugu) - ready for action

A well done movie by Puri Jagannadh, the movie never loses the plot. The subject isnt new but it is showing the real picture abt the politics and media. The main strenght is Pawan Kalyan as the rebelistic man, who doesnt put up with social injustice. Tamannah has a more meaty role in the movie, and this is one of her better moviees in telugu. Gabriella looks really really sexy in the scenes, and has a vital role in the movie. Comedy scenes between Ali&Pawan Kalyan and between Brammanandham& Pawan Kalyan are laughable.

Manisharma did well on bgm and "extraordinary " is a superb song.

Hats off to Puri Jagannadh to make a commercial movie that dealt with media and politics.

interz
2nd February 2013, 07:11 PM
Vavval Pasanga (2012) - melodrama

Not bad movie, watchable once. Best part was the climax.

selvakumar
3rd February 2013, 09:10 AM
Parker - OK movie.. Can watch it for JLO bikini scene.. So so.. Nothing memorable other than that.

Aaranya kaandam - couldnt go past 25 mins. blade.. ll give this a miss

ajaybaskar
3rd February 2013, 09:50 AM
Selva,

What you watched is a chopped version. You shudve watched it in a theatre. You would've loved it.

HonestRaj
3rd February 2013, 05:55 PM
KANNA LADDU THINNA AASAIYA

- apart from very few dialogues from Santhanam & Power star.. its a pain to watch
- i would rate it 3rd from the bottom.. last 2 is OKOK & THAMIZH PADAM
- one positive from KLTA is the heroine.. good wood..
- at present, the directors are not thinking beyond spoof for comedy films.. choose some famous song / sequence from old films.. recreate scenes like lollu sabha & sell it as a comedy..
- vazhga vaLamudam for those who like & believe these films as comedy films.. even the likes of Thangamani Rangamani, Sagadevan Mahadevan are far far better than these films..

NOV
3rd February 2013, 07:07 PM
actually I watched IPNV after watching KLTA
IPNV appeared so dry :oops: :yessir:

HonestRaj
3rd February 2013, 08:17 PM
& Santhanam thinks that he needs to say a counter dialogue for every dialogue uttered by every other character in the scene.. few evokes laughter.. but not all..

actually I watched IPNV after watching KLTA
IPNV appeared so dry :oops: :yessir:

:lol: summa adichu vidadheenga.. IPNV parthennu..

* yek ghaav mein
* 4 kallu.. sarru sarru..
* paatti - hindi pandit scenes..
* puppy - pazhani mama scene
* kolusu scene
* pant shirt kudukuduppaikaran scene
* love proposing thru jayakanthan novel..

original / inspired.. 30 years'ku appuramum innum relate panni rasichu sirikkira madhiri amainja padam adhu..

Gounder dialogue: ethayO pudingada.. idhai vidunga.. // yarukku edhu pudikkudho adhai rasinga.. //

inraiya thedhiyila ozhunga oru full length comedy padam edukka endha directorum illai.. unintentional comedy than neraya irukku

HonestRaj
3rd February 2013, 08:20 PM
so, i'm ending the day with SAMAR.. 3rd one for the day..

- interesting, good enough to see once

RC
3rd February 2013, 10:36 PM
Watched KLTA. sema kadi padam!

selvakumar
5th February 2013, 09:43 AM
Selva,

What you watched is a chopped version. You shudve watched it in a theatre. You would've loved it.

oh.. Was it chopped way too much beyond recognition? Whatever I saw in the first 25 mins was boring and uninspiring. Do we have the uncut version online?

selvakumar
5th February 2013, 09:44 AM
Gangster Squad - :clap: :clap: Sean Penn :thumbsup: Mirattal pa..... What a movie.........

NOV
5th February 2013, 09:49 AM
:lol: summa adichu vidadheenga.. IPNV parthennu..

:shock:
:hammer: :hammer:

adichu vida enna irukku? out of curiosity I watched the movie again (I have a collection of Bakiaraj movies).
Certain parts were very good - hindi vasanam... kudukuduppu kaaran, but mostly it was dry....
2nd half was drawn out, serious and not funny at all :roll:

selvakumar
5th February 2013, 10:05 AM
Kind of agree with Nov. IPNV is not the best of Bagyaraj. You can't watch it again & again. Even Pownu Pownu and the film he acted with Silk Smitha are watchable many times. IPNV was just OK.

MADDY
5th February 2013, 10:58 AM
KLTA sema mokkai........santhanam sparkles but power star as a setup piece and shaking his hips for everything - sabba

VR, just as much mokkai.....

Scale
5th February 2013, 12:28 PM
Murugadass's Thuppaki - In summary: ears ringing, jaw fractured, three ribs cracked, four broken, diaphragm haemmorraging. Physical recovery: six weeks. Full psychological recovery: six months.

In such a trauma, I wonder if the bunch of army bozos (song) idea also had some Rise of the Planet of Apes cell/play zone effect.

HonestRaj
5th February 2013, 07:55 PM
2nd half was drawn out, serious and not funny at all :roll:

yes..
i guess u know the story of its making..
Baghyaraj had half of the screenplay developed.. then he had no idea how to take it further.. [told by director GM Kumar in one of the interview]
then the team came up with that boring 2nd half..

1st half is definetly classic & can be watched again & again..

to name a free flowing comedy that can be watched again & again.. i will say, Chinna Veedu

venkkiram
6th February 2013, 03:56 AM
VR, just as much mokkai..... Just noticed. Vishwaroopam???

Cinefan
6th February 2013, 11:04 AM
Just noticed. Vishwaroopam???

I noticed yesterday.Think he refers to that.

His wish if he doesn't want to elaborate in the relevant thread :)

Anban
6th February 2013, 11:49 AM
Just noticed. Vishwaroopam??? Gautham Menon and Dhanush-movies boycott panrathukku ivanga reasons neenga kekkanumey.. Maddy and Ramakrishnaa.. review fix pannittu thaan ivanga padam paakka povaanga.. Review ellaam solely based on loyalty of the artist in Q towards ARR

preethamm
6th February 2013, 12:35 PM
essay on easily mani's worst ever movie vr just as mokkai and reasons for defending jj's ocean sized ego taking on kamal :rotfl:

selvakumar
6th February 2013, 12:47 PM
Mani movie review OK
VR - mokkai OK
Defending JJ - Ithula poonai kutty veliya vanthiduchi :lol2:

Ramakrishna
6th February 2013, 12:57 PM
Gautham Menon and Dhanush-movies boycott panrathukku ivanga reasons neenga kekkanumey.. Maddy and Ramakrishnaa.. review fix pannittu thaan ivanga padam paakka povaanga.. Review ellaam solely based on loyalty of the artist in Q towards ARR

Chumma thamaas pannaatheenga baas.... Neenga ellaam padam paakkaamaiye review podra case...neenga ellaam pesa koodaathu.

Anban
6th February 2013, 02:08 PM
Chumma thamaas pannaatheenga baas.... Neenga ellaam padam paakkaamaiye review podra case...neenga ellaam pesa koodaathu. thats a baseless allegation..

Ramakrishna
6th February 2013, 02:13 PM
thats a baseless allegation..

neenga pannathu mattum enna sir?

Naa VR padam pudikkalenu sonna review fix pannittu padam paarthathaa arthamaa.

Going by your logic, I should have praised Kadal.

Also, there is a recent video in which Kamal had called ARR a genius. So, according to your logic, I should have given a positive review for VR.

Anban
6th February 2013, 02:28 PM
neenga pannathu mattum enna sir?

Naa VR padam pudikkalenu sonna review fix pannittu padam paarthathaa arthamaa.

Going by your logic, I should have praised Kadal.

Also, there is a recent video in which Kamal had called ARR a genius. So, according to your logic, I should have given a positive review for VR.
Ilayaraja pathi unmaya oruthan paaraattinaa thaan ungalaukku pudikkaathe thambi..

Ramakrishna
6th February 2013, 02:44 PM
Ilayaraja pathi unmaya oruthan paaraattinaa thaan ungalaukku pudikkaathe thambi..

Ilayarajava paaraattinathula enakku oru prachanai illaye. But, ARR-a degrade panra maathiri irunthathuthaan enakku prachanai. ( I guess you are talking abt GM)

Anyway, athukkum VR pathi sonnathukkum enna sambantham?

Also, ithula Dhanush engernthu vanthaaru?

mappi
6th February 2013, 06:23 PM
Gangster Squad
Directed by Ruben Fleischer
Based on Tales from the Gangster Squad by Paul Lieberman [Have not read it]
Banner : Village Roadshow Pictures

Starring : Sean Penn, Ryan Gosling, Josh Brolini, Emma stone, other members of the squad, a bunch of Policemen and gangster.

Mickey Cohen (Sean Penn) is a upcomming and menancing gangster who threatens the future of Los Angeles post world war 2. The police could not control his rise. John (ex-military-now-in-lapd) is an upright Police officer. All his attempts to roundup Cohen and his men go up in vain as Cohen owns the law. At this time, his retiring superior, who wants to clean the state, asks John to do whatever he could to put away Cohen and his buisness. Thus Gangster Squad is formed by John - John, 2 of his military collegues, 1 other police officer, an ex-gangster and his partner. The objective is to attack all the underworld activities and make Cohen helpless. They go on with an attacking spree, finaly confronting Cohen and brining him to justice (and in between taking in all the emotional dramas usually taken in these kind of Cop-Gangster episodes)

However you look at it, there is nothing at all in the movie. It looks like a reply to Singam Hindi remake. The action is good though. Sean Pean is as-usual-best performance.

Gangster Squad - American Masala served with Fork and Knife.

mappi
6th February 2013, 07:00 PM
Gangster Squad - :clap: :clap: Sean Penn :thumbsup: Mirattal pa..... What a movie.........

Glad that someone has watched this movie here.

I liked
- the fight sequence during the prison break, where the electricity is off - all is dark - but when guns fire there is a 1/2 second flash.
- Sean penn "Kuthu Parota" act towards the end
- Emma stone

But there was a huge influence of Untouchables throughout the movie, which makes you fell a bit let down. Also I felt that the scenes were not engaging due to dull act. And the car chase was a big joke, but well filmed.

MADDY
8th February 2013, 10:47 AM
Ilayarajava paaraattinathula enakku oru prachanai illaye. But, ARR-a degrade panra maathiri irunthathuthaan enakku prachanai. ( I guess you are talking abt GM)

Anyway, athukkum VR pathi sonnathukkum enna sambantham?

Also, ithula Dhanush engernthu vanthaaru?

he is talking abt me - i still have aversion to Dhanush coming as the handsome hunk downing north indian beauties with his charm.......i find that incongruous - maybe Anban and all do not have issue with it.....i dont have problems with his aadukalam or polladhavan......

reg GVM, obviously, we have artifacts to prove he is a silly liar.......i think even when he was associated with AR, there were criticisms on his contradictions......his praise on IR is not new but when he is trying to degrade others with his sillly attitude, he gets beaten.....infact, i have never called him names like peter or anything - only Anban and co used to call him peter etc and later acknowledged him as sir, sire etc......thats all understandable - all Anban is doing is throwing stones sitting in glass house......

MADDY
8th February 2013, 10:50 AM
Review ellaam solely based on loyalty of the artist in Q towards ARR

yen neenga when shankar called Shivaji as his biggest hit of career forgetting Indian - u didnt get pissed and isnt that the big reason to boycott his movies?? infact the entire maniratnam hatred is because of his professional problems with IR and one more reason......dhanu, abirmai ramanathan, aamir khan etc indha madhiri ethhana pera, kamal-kkaaga ignore panreenga?? glass house , stone throwing

and yea, who can forget ur beauty of equations all AR fans=peter=north india support=hindi movie fans whereas kamal fans=IR fans=rooted people=sensible people=wont watch hindi movies.......do u realise u r living in a dystopian world?

MADDY
8th February 2013, 10:53 AM
I noticed yesterday.Think he refers to that.

His wish if he doesn't want to elaborate in the relevant thread

if u see above comments - its because of the very reason, i didnt post in VR thread to avoid any unwanted discussions......

Cinefan
8th February 2013, 11:03 AM
if u see above comments - its because of the very reason, i didnt post in VR thread to avoid any unwanted discussions......

Disagree.A problem with few should not desist anybody to post an opinion.

Understand what you are coming to,we all do this.Better option would have been to not even post that line and act as if you have not watched at all.

When you say mokkai,better go the whole hog and xplain why you say so.

MADDY
8th February 2013, 11:20 AM
Better option would have been to not even post that line and act as if you have not watched at all.

When you say mokkai,better go the whole hog and xplain why you say so.

honestly, i dont feel like explaining........and even if i explain, its of no use, it would be attributed to me being Mani, AR fan.....i posted here because i want it to come across as incidental and not intentional.......and normally, i do post here , there is small group here who want to know people's opinion on various movies.....like im waiting for selva to watch kadal and give his opinion here - it would be fun on how he reacts :-)

mappi
8th February 2013, 04:03 PM
there is small group here who want to know people's opinion on various movies.....

I welcome your comment.

balaajee
8th February 2013, 04:50 PM
I welcome your comment.
I too welcome the same...

MADDY
8th February 2013, 05:33 PM
I welcome your comment.

yeah, i do keep watching this space for comments on movies :-)

ajaybaskar
8th February 2013, 05:55 PM
Maattraan again in a bus. I could hear Pokkiri BGM in many places. I don't remember any such thing when I watched the movie in the theatre. Unable to stand HJ's BGM, did Lotus Fivestar replace it?

A.ANAND
9th February 2013, 01:50 PM
varumaiyin niram sivappu watched in vellithirai 2days back in astro.migai illa ,aarpaatam illa,yatharthamana kamal-lin arputha nadippu!awesome!!!ippadi oru nadippa inimel avar kitta irunthu ethir paakka vaippe illa pola!

selvakumar
10th February 2013, 10:35 AM
honestly, i dont feel like explaining........and even if i explain, its of no use, it would be attributed to me being Mani, AR fan.....i posted here because i want it to come across as incidental and not intentional.......and normally, i do post here , there is small group here who want to know people's opinion on various movies.....like im waiting for selva to watch kadal and give his opinion here - it would be fun on how he reacts :-)
Fun :P
Not sure about others. I love reading your views on movies though I can understand your reviews on kamal movies. All of us are designed that way and no one is an exception including me. Maddy - Have you seen telugu movies of late? You should consider it :)

selvakumar
10th February 2013, 10:41 AM
Son of Sardhar - What a rape of the original telugu movie? They have added way too masala with all leading stars in bollywood and have changed the hero's character to suit Ajay Devgan. Bollywood adding masala to a telugu(??) original.. You would have expected the reverse but no.. That is the last thing you would want to hear. Salman Khan appears as Pathan and his guest appearance is good.. and Devgan praises Sardars and in most of the places the movie makes fun of sardars. Juhi Chawla looks cute even at this age and to me she looks better than heroine Sonakshi. Didn't expect Sanjay Dutt to play this role. But he was good in parts. I would love to see Maryadha ramanna in tamil with Sandhanam or Parotta Suri as the hero. :)

Thalaivaa - :thumbsup: What a movie.. Chancey illa..I really liked the climax in the court. Though this movie has obscene and vulgar moments with Sangavi showing her curves to impress the hero, the screenplay makes it watchable.

Siv.S
10th February 2013, 12:17 PM
Maattraan again in a bus. I could hear Pokkiri BGM in many places. I don't remember any such thing when I watched the movie in the theatre. Unable to stand HJ's BGM, did Lotus Fivestar replace it?
BTW,Pokkiri BGM itself a rip off from enemy at the gates,BGM for sniper Jude law.

ajithfederer
10th February 2013, 12:26 PM
:lol:

ajaybaskar
10th February 2013, 12:41 PM
Idhu veraya? You too Manisharma? :)

Ramakrishna
10th February 2013, 06:01 PM
Idhu veraya? You too Manisharma? :)

You should have seen Athithi. It has BGM pieces from WOHE.

Roshan
10th February 2013, 06:19 PM
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - Beautiful movie ! And realised that Munnabhai /Vasoolrajah MBBS are heavily influenced by this movie.

Balaji.r
10th February 2013, 06:26 PM
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - Beautiful movie ! And realised that Munnabhai /Vasoolrajah MBBS are heavily influenced by this movie.

No, Munnbhai is inspired from patch adam.

Manasukkul mathappu and Thalavattam are from one one flew over cuckoo`s nest

Roshan
10th February 2013, 06:44 PM
No, Munnbhai is inspired from patch adam.

I have not seen Patch Adam but I could see a lot of similarities with Munnabhai, including the characterisations of the the two lead characters and the underlying message even though the emotional and humane aspect were a bit high in the Indian version. Both lead characters did very well. The nurse role was played with utmost subtlety and the question 'neenga nallavaraa kettavara' kept popping up on my mind through out the movie, until she deals with that 'stammering' patient in the end.

Mahen
10th February 2013, 11:05 PM
ABCD...Prabhu devaji you are the best dancer in india..period.. :bow: Watched in delhi and i must say hes famous in north..Bollywood choreographers :bow: climax ellam wow..puts shankar's so called bramandam to shame..Seriously intha shobi,kalyan,brinda etc should pack their bags and leave the industry..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmteuDYp9oE

paranitharan
11th February 2013, 04:35 AM
Most over-rated dancer. Same material recycled again and again. Find Larence better and more graceful.

A.ANAND
11th February 2013, 09:46 AM
no doubt, PD is a good dancer but worst choreographers![IMHO]koranggu settai-than athigam irukkum.oru alagana dance simple step movement avar dance-la paakarathu romba kastham..

A.ANAND
11th February 2013, 11:59 AM
Just finish watched vishwaroopam from oneline!

my review!!

'ithukkuthan evalo buildup-pa??'very sad!!!OMG!!!kamalakaasan nadippukku mattum-than paaka mudiyum!

Cinefan
11th February 2013, 06:16 PM
Nobody's watched Special 26 still?

Liked the Director's 'A Wednesday',want to know is this as good.

NOV
11th February 2013, 06:41 PM
Virumandi - easily one of the best of last decade. Only competition will be Hey Ram.

Balaji.r
11th February 2013, 06:46 PM

my review!!

'ithukkuthan evalo buildup-pa??'very sad!!!OMG!!!kamalakaasan nadippukku mattum-than paaka mudiyum!

parra, kalaikararam. enna panrathu saar ellarum mutta pasanga, intha padatha poi hit aakitanga. :banghead:

Balaji.r
11th February 2013, 06:46 PM
Virumandi - easily one of the best of last decade. Only competition will be Hey Ram.

Easily the best intro of KH after Devar Magan. One of the best movie.

preethamm
11th February 2013, 07:26 PM

my review!!

kadal release lu irunthae unga oovvoru posttum thanjore kalvettu thaan

ajithfederer
11th February 2013, 09:41 PM
SVSC - Not Half bad/Good. Not much melodrama which is very good. I Mayyyyy/ June watch it again. Telugu industry playing it to their strengths. Relieved to watch Mahesh in non-action stuff. I liked how they show one - way/round about communication in the film between the family members. Yours Truly here is a living example of being such a communicator half my life.

Sam 8-). Looks like a chinna paapa Wonlyyy. :bow: Lincoln this Wednesday.

selvakumar
12th February 2013, 10:20 AM
SVSC - Not Half bad/Good. Not much melodrama which is very good. I Mayyyyy/ June watch it again. Telugu industry playing it to their strengths. Relieved to watch Mahesh in non-action stuff. I liked how they show one - way/round about communication in the film between the family members. Yours Truly here is a living example of being such a communicator half my life.

Sam 8-). Looks like a chinna paapa Wonlyyy. :bow: Lincoln this Wednesday.

You must explain what do you mean by "Not half bad/good". :P
I also liked the one way communication among the family members. Venkatesh portrayed it well. Stanleykkum Anjali irukaangala :lol2:

A.ANAND
12th February 2013, 10:22 AM
parra, kalaikararam. enna panrathu saar ellarum mutta pasanga, intha padatha poi hit aakitanga. :banghead:

ippavavathu purinjathukku mikka nandri!enggage sonna kekkaraingga???ha..ha..!

balaajee
12th February 2013, 05:26 PM
Son of Sardhar - What a rape of the original telugu movie? They have added way too masala with all leading stars in bollywood and have changed the hero's character to suit Ajay Devgan. Bollywood adding masala to a telugu(??) original.. You would have expected the reverse but no.. That is the last thing you would want to hear. Salman Khan appears as Pathan and his guest appearance is good.. and Devgan praises Sardars and in most of the places the movie makes fun of sardars. Juhi Chawla looks cute even at this age and to me she looks better than heroine Sonakshi. Didn't expect Sanjay Dutt to play this role. But he was good in parts. I would love to see Maryadha ramanna in tamil with Sandhanam or Parotta Suri as the hero. :)

Thalaivaa - :thumbsup: What a movie.. Chancey illa..I really liked the climax in the court. Though this movie has obscene and vulgar moments with Sangavi showing her curves to impress the hero, the screenplay makes it watchable.

Sonakshi Sinha demands '5 crore' for Telugu film (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Sonakshi-Sinha-demands-5-crore-for-Telugu-film/articleshow/18464703.cms)- Times of India

Parthyy
12th February 2013, 06:06 PM
:irked: sonakshi..arggg..how come she is surviving in north with face like a NH47..5 kodiyaa..5 rubees kooda worth illa

ajaybaskar
12th February 2013, 08:48 PM
Eesan

A very good crime thriller. Reading a few negative reviews, I gave this film a miss and now regretting it.

//Star Vijay Hitz telecasts new movies every three hours//

Mahen
12th February 2013, 08:57 PM
agreed..Eesan was not bad..plot was similar to yudham sei

joe
12th February 2013, 09:03 PM
which movie ?

Ramakrishna
12th February 2013, 09:35 PM
which movie ?

Same question here.

Vijay's next movie is named Thalaiva it seems. But, how did Selva get to watch it even before its release?

Roshan
12th February 2013, 10:55 PM
Eesan

A very good crime thriller. Reading a few negative reviews, I gave this film a miss and now regretting it.

//Star Vijay Hitz telecasts new movies every three hours//

Eesan is very much watchable.

balaajee
13th February 2013, 10:21 AM
Same question here.

Vijay's next movie is named Thalaiva it seems. But, how did Selva get to watch it even before its release?

before its shooting wrap up....

selvakumar
13th February 2013, 12:43 PM
Same question here.

Joe, Rama and Balajee,

I watched the movie from the below link. It is available in youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DF1IG-aUruI

mappi
13th February 2013, 05:27 PM
Parker
Directed by Taylor Hackford
Based on Flashfire by Donald E. Westlake [wonderful series]

Starring : Jason Statham as Parker, Jennifer Lopez as Leslie Rogers, few theives, others getting shot.

Parker is a theif. After a fine heist, he is double crossed by his team members and is left for dead. After being rescued by a famer family and with the help of a Realestate agent Leslie, he tracks his ex-team members to teach them a lesson or two.

Not much action in the film. The film goes forward with many problems. There are couple of major ones, other than the plot-holes, one being either the director or Jason Statham have not clearly understood character Parker (those who have read the novels will make out what I am saying), secondly many characters come and go, some even disappear, only left are Statham and Lopez. But some scenes do capture our interest.

Statham gives his usual macho performance - same, same & same. But it is Lopez who made me say "This lady can act". She is brilliant as a failed and depressed realestate agent. She shines in the scene when she offers her help to Statham.

Parker - for fans and to kill time.

joe
13th February 2013, 05:41 PM
Joe, Rama and Balajee,

I watched the movie from the below link. It is available in youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DF1IG-aUruI

:rotfl: Nakkal Jaasthiyaayiduchu :)

ajaybaskar
13th February 2013, 10:43 PM
Mama

A genuine horror flick which thrills you most of the time. Climax was a bit let down.

mappi
14th February 2013, 01:00 AM
Mama

A genuine horror flick which thrills you most of the time. Climax was a bit let down.

Its under Guillermo del Toro [whom I highlighted in my Hobbit review] executive production. Awaiting the movie here, think its a May release.
I see that you are watching a bit of horror flicks these days. Did watch Sinister and Possession. Was not impressed with either, so did not post a comment. But Sinister, as you had mentioned, had 2 or 3 jumpy-moments whereas Possesion was dry.

Forth comming (for summer 2013) : Evil Dead & Poltergeist.
[Evil dead is the movie I was scared when I was kid, had a good laugh with my friends in my teens and later judged it to be cult & classic]

ajaybaskar
14th February 2013, 06:38 AM
Same here with Evil Dead. It scared the s#!t out of me when I watched it in the 90s. Now it's as funny as Hangover or a Due Date.

Poltergeist wasn't scary. Lets see if the new version is.

NOV
14th February 2013, 07:49 AM
Evil Dead gave me a severe headache after watching it... and it was on video tape those days.
Extremely scary film... that I dared not re visit again!

selvakumar
14th February 2013, 09:40 AM
:rotfl: Nakkal Jaasthiyaayiduchu :)
Started with Sundara Pandiyan. :lol: Intha padatha kalla kurunthagadu site la paarthapaa, Vivek kanda kanavu nana vaayiduchunnu thonuchu.. [film available online while shooting is in progress]. etho nammala mudinjathu :wink:

selvakumar
14th February 2013, 09:40 AM
Agree with people on Evil Dead. I saw both the parts when I was kid and had to watch dozen other spiritual movies to erase the impact.

ajithfederer
14th February 2013, 09:54 PM
Anjali-um illa Panjali-um illa :)

Even if one doesn't wish to communicate something to a particular person in a family(who gets angry at the drop of the hat ala Venkatesh in the film) they will be pushed/pleaded to do so by his/her family. This routine happens often in families which I have seen. I thought the film brought out that well. Mahesh even says something like why don't you tell it to him which makes his mother angry. :)

You must explain what do you mean by "Not half bad/good". :P
I also liked the one way communication among the family members. Venkatesh portrayed it well. Stanleykkum Anjali irukaangala :lol2:

MADDY
15th February 2013, 11:37 AM
Evil Dead ellam cult classic dhaan......how many low budget movies do we get with such linear narration nowadays.....

infact 1980s is a treasure of lot of B grade sci-fi, horror stock and we have towering movies like blade runner, shining too.......i think much like tamil movies, 80s was golden era for hollywood too....

MADDY
15th February 2013, 11:39 AM
saw a movie Dune 1984, it was repulsive at places and a failed film trying to get out of novel......but scenes were really other worldly....nothing ever seen like that before........

rsubras
15th February 2013, 06:53 PM
Evil Dead ellam cult classic dhaan......how many low budget movies do we get with such linear narration nowadays.....

infact 1980s is a treasure of lot of B grade sci-fi, horror stock and we have towering movies like blade runner, shining too.......i think much like tamil movies, 80s was golden era for hollywood too....

neenga teens la paartha padam ngrathunala you would have find it more enjoyable (ethaiyum aarayama anubavikkara vayasu) and so felt like that

k_vanan
16th February 2013, 06:06 AM
Neerparavai... One of the best movie 2012 :-)

Pesama intha padathuku KADAL-nu title vetchirukellam

MADDY
16th February 2013, 09:19 AM
neenga teens la paartha padam ngrathunala you would have find it more enjoyable (ethaiyum aarayama anubavikkara vayasu) and so felt like that

not really, im catching them now infact......the era of manual special effects combined with early days CG was pretty good......

Roshan
16th February 2013, 12:19 PM
Watched 'Taxi Driver' (De Niro flick) - I don't get the hype surrounding this movie.

19thmay
16th February 2013, 02:13 PM
Neerparavai... One of the best movie 2012 :-)

Pesama intha padathuku KADAL-nu title vetchirukellam

Enna thaan vayasaanalum Sunaina eppdi Nandita Das aaga mudiyum? :???:

Yes ok movie, climax was not convincing.

uruzalari
16th February 2013, 03:50 PM
Enna thaan vayasaanalum Sunaina eppdi Nandita Das aaga mudiyum? :???:

Yes ok movie, climax was not convincing.

That was may be a slight compromise.... The director had said in some interviews that he cast her because he wanted the movie to be noticed by people outside TN.....and to know the plight of fishermen...... For that he needed a nationally known face ......

Titanic la Rose um appadi thaane :)

mappi
16th February 2013, 03:58 PM
Watched 'Taxi Driver' (De Niro flick) - I don't get the hype surrounding this movie.

I would not call it it a hype. Its first of it kind movie to showcase the street horrors + the mental status of a ex-soldier + the charcters detachement with the soceity + how he cures himself with his violent thought by taking the role of vigilantie. Robert de Niro as Travis Bickle was real and thru his performance proved how much he had understood the depth in his role. Jodie Fosters character was a big slap on the soceity. There are much more including the brothel sequences towards the end.

So this movie was welcomed by the audience, critics as well as got some good reviews. Try to watch the movie again after seeing some interviews and analyses by people involved. You will find the difference.

selvakumar
17th February 2013, 07:13 AM
Wasabi - :clap: :clap: Original of Jaggubhai. KSR had copied this 98%. Goundamani character was really good and by casting goundamani he had spoiled it. Hero gethu :clap:

Scale
19th February 2013, 01:31 AM
Mumbai Hpress : ippadiye natha maathiri voorna innum ondra naal aavum pola :twisted:

Where is the Vs thread? ......

Now I know the reason how a crap like CM can have a record breaking run. Nothing to confuse with the himalayan box office pull of S* otherwise a deadlock. In such a scenario and in the absence of power stars not so fan of these two + family wave might have stormed into any little superstar films and made a hit. Is that Sachien? All blame goes to MX and how much of Crazy mohan is missed here!

These are the very very few albums that mark the presence of IR in 00's (what is the purpose of jazzy score) has no relevance to the script. Now wait... That Ramanarayan trained C3 crane operator has subtle relevance to the opening song amazing :notworthy: I can safely say now Thenali chi..kazhudhai Soundramukhi have better songs that MHpress. idha indie le vera :rotfl:

Death Note
19th February 2013, 03:25 AM
Rhythm(Arjun,Meena,Jyothika etc)
Watching this film again after some time. Apart from the ayo pathikithu song(did not see a need for it in the film),really enjoyed the movie. Liked the comedy between Arjun and Mannivanan especially "unga kaala konjum kattunga sir" jokes. AR Rahman's music and bgm :bow:

Dinesh84
19th February 2013, 10:47 AM
Saraswathi Sabatham on youtube..
Wat a Beautiful songs.. TMS, Susheela and KV Mahadevan :bow:
Nagesh and Manoramma were extremely funny..
apart from that the movie was a head ache..

ajaybaskar
19th February 2013, 11:00 AM
Enna sir, six adikkira madhiriye poyi kadaisila dokku vachutteenga? :)

Dinesh84
19th February 2013, 12:34 PM
illingo.. Film was good till character establishment. But over a point of time, the content was redundant and thus the feeling :)

balaajee
19th February 2013, 12:46 PM
Saraswathi Sabatham on youtube..
Wat a Beautiful songs.. TMS, Susheela and KV Mahadevan :bow:
Nagesh and Manoramma were extremely funny..
apart from that the movie was a head ache..

U missed the lead characters...Sivaji Ganesan and Savitri., Devika, Padmini, K. R. Vijaya, Gemini Ganesan........

mappi
21st February 2013, 04:36 PM
Wasabi - :clap: :clap: Original of Jaggubhai. KSR had copied this 98%. Goundamani character was really good and by casting goundamani he had spoiled it. Hero gethu :clap:

Wasabi hero is Jean Reno (Léon, Visitor, Godzilla & some excellent French thrillers). Wasabi is written by Luc Besson (5th element, taxi series, transporteur series ... etc.) They both are quite famous in Europe and hollywood.
The french version is much more funnier than the english as the essence of the jokes were missed in the translation.
Wasabi is a plant quite spicy like the mustard.

I recommend you to watch Les rivières pourpres I & II. [In english Crimson River]

Pras
21st February 2013, 06:25 PM
Wasabi hero is Jean Reno (Léon, Visitor, Godzilla & some excellent French thrillers). Wasabi is written by Luc Besson (5th element, taxi series, transporteur series ... etc.) They both are quite famous in Europe and hollywood.
The french version is much more funnier than the english as the essence of the jokes were missed in the translation.
Wasabi is a plant quite spicy like the mustard.

I recommend you to watch Les rivières pourpres I & II. [In english Crimson River]

hi mappi,

"Les rivières pourpres" is actually a novel, don't know if you read it ? ... if not read the book, 10 times better than the movie (even if the movie was good in parts)
And for Jean Reno, recently i watched "Comme un chef" with him and Mickael Young in lead ... quite a good "french style" movie ...

mappi
21st February 2013, 06:41 PM
Hi Pras,

No I have not read the novel. Vincent Cassel (Sur mes lèvres (Read my lips) with Emmanuelle Devos - I always wanted this movie to be remade in Tamil with Ajith & Simran in the lead - too late for Simran, but Ajith is still on my cards) & Jean Reno are in my good books for their performences. Mickael Young ... rien à dire.

And I did not see Comme un Chef. Soon they will put it on TF1 ..

mappi
21st February 2013, 07:02 PM
Inescapable [A Canadian Telefilm production]
Release Year - 2012
Written & Directed by Ruba Nadda (Candian (F) Film maker)

Starring : Alexander Siddig, Marisa Tomei, Oshua Jackson & Others

There are so many negative reviews floating around this film amoung the few people who have watched it. I enjoyed this movie especially the integration of Drama and Thriller into one. Eventhough the Plot is similar to Taken and keeping in mind the production/cast/Banner value of Taken, Inescapable is a good work which deserves a mark.

Adib is a computer guy working in Canada, quite normal with with his wife and 2 daughters. He learns that his elder daughter goes missing in Syria, but he was not even aware that she is been to Syria. For him she is somewhere else taking photographs. He makes some quick calls and lands up mysteriously in Damascus where he is invited by Fathima. They know each other. Who are they ? Who is Abid ? Is his daughter going missing is a coincidence or was she kidnapped for his past ? The answers to these questions are relevied little by little as Abid advances in the search of his daughter.

Firstly its a intense drama (less or no action atall - depends on how you define action), interesting and fast paced. Eventhough predictable at many places, when the true plot is releived, it comes as a surprise - but there are no twists. Its all about how you play each other with an information and how it could be effieciently used to escape any fatal suituations.

The problem I had with the movie is the accent. After about 20 minutes, I started watching it with Subtitles In English. It helped. Actors were good, but the accent took away the depth in their play.

Inescapable - a jewel from Canada.

Pras
21st February 2013, 07:40 PM
mappi,

speaking about french movies, i need to mention "intouchables" here ... watched few months back ... excellent, no other words !

mappi
22nd February 2013, 12:59 AM
Intouchables : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1675434/?ref_=fn_al_tt_3
- true story of 2 people living today (a quadriplegic (paralysed) author and his aide)
- For cinema, the real characters were modifed to - a richman and his aide
- 2nd most sucessful film in current french cinema
- Omar Sy won golden globe + ceasar under best actor category for the role as the aide
- Chris Tucker is rumoured to play the aide in the hollywood remake

hattori_hanzo
22nd February 2013, 08:51 AM
Has anyone seen Haridas? Nalla padam solraanga, do we have a thread?

balaajee
22nd February 2013, 11:27 AM
koli koovuthu 2013- Not a bad movie.........watchable. Same old tale of poor hero-rich heroine...

balaajee
22nd February 2013, 11:32 AM
dina

dhina thandhi have also priased the movie a lot.. its releasing today.......

balaajee
22nd February 2013, 12:33 PM

Haridas is a do-or-die film for me: Kumaravelan

Director GNR Kumaravelan has already received the best compliment he can ever get for his upcoming film, Haridas. His father, veteran director GN Rangarajan, was speechless when he saw the film.
Recalling the moment, GNR says, "My dad is my first critic. He had pin-pointed several flaws in my earlier ventures. But when he saw this film at a private screening, he became emotional. He called my sister and told her that his son has succeeded. When my sister told me his comments, I knew I would never receive another compliment as genuine as this."
Starring Kishore, Sneha and master Prithviraj in the lead, the film's being produced Dr V Ramadoss under Dr V Ram Productions Pvt Ltd banner. GNR has written the script, and has penned the dialogues along with Venkatesan.
"The story is about the relationship between a father and his autistic son. I was inspired by the story of a young boy I know personally and was touched by the relationship he shares with his parents. They do not sympathise with him; instead, they motivate him to take up challenges and lead a normal life."
Talking about his actors, GNR says, "I had fixed Kishore and Sneha for the lead roles right from the beginning because they are seasoned artists. I had an excellent team — Vijay Antony, Randy, Raja Mohammad, and encouraging producers who believed in my script, and stood by me. Haridas is a do-ordie film for me, and I think I've done it this time!"

HonestRaj
22nd February 2013, 08:53 PM
dina

dhina thandhi have also priased the movie a lot.. its releasing today.......

dhina thandhi will praise all films.. don't take their reviews seriously

Mahen
23rd February 2013, 03:59 PM
very sumaar movie..didnt have the patience to wait till the climax, left the hall before the climax :) tuwist iruntha, pm pannuga anyone :) nannseense sify :evil:

uruzalari
23rd February 2013, 04:44 PM

Very good film !!!

Not suitable if you are looking for some time pass entertainment.....

NOV
23rd February 2013, 04:46 PM
Batsha on sun tv
Enjoyable take it easy movie.
2nd half when the bombay don is revealed a lot of rotfl moments.
Bomb behind vinayagar silai :rotfl3:

HonestRaj
23rd February 2013, 10:47 PM
Batsha on sun tv
Enjoyable take it easy movie.
2nd half when the bombay don is revealed a lot of rotfl moments.
Bomb behind vinayagar silai :rotfl3:

:exactly:
thats one of the reason why ANNAMALAI easily beats Basha & is malai of all mass films by Rajini...
malai da.. annamalai.... [thenisai bgm]

hattori_hanzo
23rd February 2013, 11:34 PM
thats one of the reason why ANNAMALAI easily beats Basha & is malai of all mass films by Rajini...
malai da.. annamalai.... [thenisai bgm]

Exactly. For me Annamalai > Other RK movies > Baasha. Baasha's major + is, it had Raghuvaran. OTOH Annamalai's villians were weak. But the scene where RK challenges Vinu Chakravarthy :clap: . I never felt emotional while watching Baasha but was moved by the house demolition scene in Annamalai.

selvakumar
25th February 2013, 01:26 AM
Baasha is a very good film. Annamalai is good too. I liked Baasha. Both Raghuvaran and Rajini were terrific

selvakumar
25th February 2013, 12:38 PM
Dabaang 2 - :lol: Salman khan is good as usual. It is exactly like the first Dabaang and that's the problem. Prakash Raj looks good as usual as villain. Average.

Nenu Naa Rakshasi (telugu) - Puri Jagannathukku sarakku lethu.. Film is incredibly stupid. Heroine shoots controversial videos and posts on youtube. Police asks hero (who says he is a software engineer) on whether he can trace the youtube account!! Instead of stopping here, Hero says it is not possible as it is a public domain (? ). Logic suthama illa padathula.. Ali is irritating with his obscene comedies. Waste movie.

ecureuhapis
26th February 2013, 12:39 AM
Exactly. For me Annamalai > Other RK movies > Baasha. Baasha's major + is, it had Raghuvaran. OTOH Annamalai's villians were weak. But the scene where RK challenges Vinu Chakravarthy :clap: . I never felt emotional while watching Baasha but was moved by the house demolition scene in Annamalai.

sivaji-thanga jeipparu.

annamalai had so many good characters like nizhalgal ravi w/ laugh & vinuchakra, baadshah was pretty much rajni & raghuvaran (who comes for about 15 mins). Sivaji otoh was extremely entertaining from start to finish, one of the most enjoyable movies of last 2 decades.

LihDacRurdy
26th February 2013, 10:09 PM
Im surprised none of you mentioned Vazhakku en 18/9 here it seems to be the talk of the town.

like a documantry.... worth

LihDacRurdy
26th February 2013, 10:15 PM
Baasha is a very good film. Annamalai is good too. I liked Baasha. Both Raghuvaran and Rajini were terrific

for me Arunachalam is one steP ahead frm annamalai

LihDacRurdy
26th February 2013, 10:18 PM
any chance for remake? Osthi pakalana sollunga

balaajee
27th February 2013, 01:27 PM

kumudam have given Nandru

Mahen
27th February 2013, 08:13 PM
Kai Po Che :bow: one of the best hindi films in recent times

MADDY
27th February 2013, 10:25 PM
A Wednesday

what precision in dialogues and camera shots.....the parting shot before shah tells his name, conversation between him and kher - absolutely pwned the point......its looks even so better after an apology of remake in UPO.....

balaajee
1st March 2013, 04:20 PM

ஆனந்த விகடன்: 45 Marks

MADDY
8th March 2013, 02:40 PM
Karuthamma-people numbed by poverty, dont care abt. ethics around female rights.poverty displayed is so stark that it hits you badly.classic from bharathiraja

porale ponnuthaai, surely among top 10 pallavis composed by thalaivar.......

pavalamani pragasam
9th March 2013, 08:38 AM
Why such a build-up about the 'ghost' movie Pizza? Not at all scary to me(I look out for logic and refuse to be booed away!). It was a movie about first-rate crime!

'naan ee' was absolutely enjoyable. The child in me is always fond of fairy tales and such vittalaacharya movies!

venkkiram
12th March 2013, 07:57 AM
‘Schindler’s List’is the greatest contribution I have made to motion picture: Steven Spielberg

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/news-by-industry/media/entertainment-/entertainment/Schindlers-List-my-best-work-says-iconic-director-Steven-Spielberg/articleshow/18917346.cms

Anban
12th March 2013, 03:09 PM
Why such a build-up about the 'ghost' movie Pizza? Not at all scary to me(I look out for logic and refuse to be booed away!). It was a movie about first-rate crime!

'naan ee' was absolutely enjoyable. The child in me is always fond of fairy tales and such vittalaacharya movies! exactly !! agree totally on both movies..

LihDacRurdy
12th March 2013, 10:50 PM
Kai Po Che :bow: one of the best hindi films in recent times

yes my friend also told this..... whats the story ? can u reveal

venkkiram
14th March 2013, 07:08 AM
பாலிவுட் படங்கள் பார்த்திருக்கிறீர்களா? spielberg: அவ்வளவாக இல்லை. சில படங்கள் பார்த்திருக்கிறேன். நிறைய படங்களின் க்ளிப்களைப் பார்த்துள்ளேன். சுவாரஸ்யமாக இருக்கும். குறிப்பாக சத்யஜித் ரே, ராஜ் கபூர் படங்கள். ஆவாரா எனக்கு ரொம்பப் பிடிக்கும். சமீபத்தில் என்றால், 3 இடியட்ஸ். நான் பார்த்தவற்றில் பெஸ்ட்.

Read more at: http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/news/2013/03/spielberg-rates-3-idiots-is-the-best-of-his-bollywood-171452.html#slide101745

HonestRaj
14th March 2013, 10:18 PM

'naan ee' was absolutely enjoyable. The child in me is always fond of fairy tales and such vittalaacharya movies!