PDA

View Full Version : Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

NOV
24th September 2012, 06:57 AM
What is the name of the girl who comes as Sasikumar's sister in the movie. she lookes goodAbinaya.... she is speech & hearing impaired, btw.
also acted in eesan
she won a few awards for her role in nadodigal

selvakumar
24th September 2012, 08:25 AM
Abinaya.... she is speech & hearing impaired, btw.
also acted in eesan
she won a few awards for her role in nadodigal
:shock: !! namba mudiyala :(

NOV
24th September 2012, 08:27 AM
gandhi seththutaaraa range la irukku... :D
I think most TF fans know all these :lol:

selvakumar
24th September 2012, 08:31 AM
I was wandering in our neighbour's land [telugu]. Though I watched most of the tamil movies, I lost my GK on TF news :D
Also, I am forgetting lot of things these days. At times, I feel as if I have posted something but they are not at all there in the particular thread.

Senareb
24th September 2012, 03:27 PM
Eppadi manasukkul Vanthaai :

I watched tis unexpected movie.. bt it satisfied me...
story is same as 'Naan'..
Onnum illaathavan panakkara ponnai love panni life'la settle aaran...athukkaaga rendu moonu kolai pandran...
padam sumaarthaan..bt time pass'kkaga paarkkalam...

ange inge logic illai...irunthaalum parava illa...paarkkalam..

SoftSword
24th September 2012, 07:30 PM
watched sundarapandiyan...

Nerd
24th September 2012, 09:36 PM
watched sundarapandiyan...

And ?

SoftSword
24th September 2012, 09:42 PM
adhukku mela solradhukku pudhusaa onnum illa...

ajaybaskar
24th September 2012, 09:42 PM
SS: Adhan Next'nu sollittene?

SoftSword
24th September 2012, 09:50 PM
SS: Adhan Next'nu sollittene?

:roll:

ajaybaskar
24th September 2012, 09:54 PM
Giri pada Veerabaagu apdithaan solvaaru. 3 qualities to impress a woman. Paathadhillaiya?

SoftSword
24th September 2012, 09:56 PM
ah ok ok... it was for nerd and i thot it was for me, a reply in wrong thread... my apols... :)

jaiganes
24th September 2012, 11:57 PM
Raajapaattai on SunTV -
If you reject the question "Is it Suseendhran movie?", and see it as a simple
self deprecating masala movie - it is quite funny and enjoyable with some nicely shot fight sequences (not classical get Mr.P_R to write about it kind).
Liked the funny thing going between Vikram and the "adiyaal"(the guy who comes in 'thadayara thaakka') who is scared of him.
Otherwise nice timepass to see on an empty sunday..

hattori_hanzo
26th September 2012, 07:59 AM
Kadavul Amaithu Vaitha Medai? :roll: Ippidi oru padamaa?

http://static.moviecrow.com/marquee/rajni-and-kamals-kadavul-amaithu-vaitha-medai/8305_thumb_665.jpg

ajaybaskar
26th September 2012, 10:30 AM
Hattori,

Aval Oru Thodarkadhai was remade in Telugu as Anthuleni Katha. Rajni enacted the role of Jaiganesh. Now Anthuleni Katha has been dubbed in Tamil and released as Kadavul Amaithu Vaitha Medai, the opening liner of a song from the original AOT.

app_engine
26th September 2012, 11:16 AM
Bama vijayam!

Hilarious...sirichchu sirichchu vayiRRu vali!

:clap:

hattori_hanzo
26th September 2012, 11:42 AM
Hattori,

Aval Oru Thodarkadhai was remade in Telugu as Anthuleni Katha. Rajni enacted the role of Jaiganesh. Now Anthuleni Katha has been dubbed in Tamil and released as Kadavul Amaithu Vaitha Medai, the opening liner of a song from the original AOT.

Oho. Thanks Ajay. In Anthuleni Katha, Kamal did not play the same role which he did in Aval Oru Thodarkadhai right?

Senareb
26th September 2012, 12:14 PM
hattori..see here http://cinema.dinamalar.com/tamil-news/8397/cinema/Kollywood/Rajinis-telugu-movie-to-be-dubbed-after-36-years-in-tamil.htm

Kamal did not play the same role which he did in Aval Oru Thodarkadhai right?

Yes..kamal played the same role in both version..
Rajini played the role of Jai ganesh in telugu...

hattori_hanzo
26th September 2012, 02:29 PM
lmkbabu, In AOT, some Gokulnath played the role done by Kamal in AK.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthuleni_Katha

Anthuleni Katha (Telugu: అంతులేని కథ; English:Story Without Ending) is a 1976 Telugu film directed by K. Balachander. The film is a remake of the 1974 Tamil film Aval Oru Thodar Kathai. This is Jayaprada's first starring role and is considered to be one of her best films. This was also Rajnikanth's first major role. Kamal Hassan played an extended cameo. This film was shot in black-and-white.

Plot : Saritha (Jayaprada) is a working woman in a middle-class family........ She eventually accepts a marriage proposal of her boss (Kamal Hassan),

Original and Remakes : The film is a remake of Tamil super hit film Aval Oru Thodar Kathai (1974), also directed by K. Balachander. It was also shot on black & white film. Sujata played the role of Jayaprada, Jai Ganesh did the role of Rajnikanth, Kamal Haasan played the role of Narayana Rao

Senareb
26th September 2012, 03:37 PM
lmkbabu, In AOT, some Gokulnath played the role done by Kamal in AK.

oh...got it..jus wiki'ing....

app_engine
26th September 2012, 11:03 PM
Bama vijayam, like many other KB films, was ofcourse preachy.

However, one does not feel it because of the terrific humor - proves clearly that if you want someone to receive a "message", convey it with a lot of humor!

Balaiah! What a performance (ofcourse every actor did well)!

The way he delivers "message" (which kind of forms the theme of MANY movies) in the end is lovely.

And the theme itself is quite catchy: "schools teach lessons for tests ; but in life, the tests teach lessons" :clap:

groucho070
27th September 2012, 08:03 AM
Dharma Yuttham.

When Rajini heartily endorses Sigappu Rojakkal, my mind started wandering. I mean, look at this movie, it is also about childhood trauma of some sorts except Rajini becomes werewolf with less hair. It's directed by R.C Sakti, a good friend of Kamal's. So, Kamal has a hand in the plot of this movie? Hmm? Or was it originally written with Kamal in mind, but when he bailed out, RCS totally masalafied it (Robert Monteiro :lol2:) when Rajini was on board.

ajaybaskar
28th September 2012, 06:25 PM
Revisited Dhaam Dhoom and Ghajini in 3 hours. Only difference: Vikram assumed the role of Surya and Jayam Ravi and Anushka in Asin's shoes.

NOV
28th September 2012, 06:45 PM
Charulatha

pity that Priyamanly cannot act, given that this is one of the rare heroine-subject movies
I was thinking that among current actresses, Nayantara would have done a fine job.

its a ghost story - the opening slide states that clearly, so no giving away of plot :D
based on a korean true story, with many korean technicians

scary moments are far and quite rare. but watchable. fairly ok, until the last helocoptering violins scene :lol2:
no way comparable to kanchana

songs are by sundar babu, but all sound telugu dubbed :confused2: but locations are in TN
bgm is scary enough ;)

I dont think you will enjoy this very much in small screens, so watch it in the cinema if you want.

interz
29th September 2012, 11:03 PM
Thadaiyara Thaakka - worth a watch

Except from the bloody scenes, its pretty intens and gripping. I was satisfied except from the ending (last scene during credit titles). Arun Vijay suits this movie perfect. Hi's acting gets better n better. Mamta is pretty hot as usual, she has some scope to perform as well. Krishnavamsi is really irritatingly good as the villain.

Thamans BGM is a big plus for thrillers, songs are so so.

Hope to see yet another movie from Magizh Thirumeni, this guy impressed me with this movie.

ajaybaskar
30th September 2012, 12:14 AM
People Like Us

Bluray rip is out and i watched it for only one reason and was very much prepared for any kinda s&@%. After all, I belong to a group which watches Sakkarakatti in theatre. But to my surprise, the film was more than watchable. The score was not over the top and it complimented the movie well. Wish the film had done better biz @ BO.

app_engine
30th September 2012, 11:43 AM
vEttai (Madhavan / Arya / Lingusamy)

Regular kAra masAlA as per Lingusamy standards :-)

Also some vayiRu valikka vaikkum comedy (that seems to come effortlessly to this Arya fellow) :-)

app_engine
30th September 2012, 11:51 AM
Madhavan : 'enakkE shutter-A' :lol:

selvakumar
30th September 2012, 12:06 PM
டாம் 999
ஒரு அழுத்தமான காதல் கதை, உணர்வு பூர்வமான நட்பு, கேரளா ஆயுர்வேதம், ஜோதிடம், அரசியல், சுற்று சூழல் என்று கலந்து கட்டி அடித்திருக்கும் படம். வினையின் அப்பாவாக வரும் ரஜித் கபூர் தன்னுடைய அழுத்தமான நடிப்பின் மூலம் முழுப்படத்தையும் தாங்கி நிற்கிறார். திலகன் நடிப்பதாக இருந்து அம்மா (நம்ம அம்மா ஜெயலலிதா அல்ல) வுடன், ஏற்பட்ட பிரச்சனையல் நடிக்காமல் போன படம் . இந்த படம் முல்லை பெரியாருக்கு எதிரான படமா ? - ஆமாம் + இல்லை. ஒரு நல்ல படத்தில், இயக்குனர் மிக சாமர்த்தியமான மற்றும் செயற்கையான சின்னஞ்சிறு இடைசெருகல்களின் மூலமாக அதற்கு எதிரான பிரசாரத்தை சாமர்த்தியமாக செய்துள்ளார். இறுதி வரை இது எதிரானதா, ஆதரவானதவென ஒரு சராசரி ரசிகனால் விளங்கிக்கொள்ள முடியாத படி திரைக்கதை.

படத்தின் கதை : ஒரு வெள்ளையரால் ஒரு புதிய அணை ஊர் மக்களின் நலத்திற்காக கட்டப்படுகிறது. ஏற்கனவே 100 ஆண்டுகள் தாண்டி இருக்கும் ஒரு அணைக்கு பதிலாக ! புதிய ஆணை மற்றும் பழைய ஆணை இரண்டும் என்ன ஆகிறது எனபது தான் கதை. வினை நடித்திருக்கும் ஒரு நல்ல படம். ஒளிப்பதிவு அருமை. நடிகர்கள் அனைவருமே சிறப்பாக நடித்துள்ளனர். இறுதி கட்சிகளில் வரும் கிராபிக்ஸ் மிகவும் அருமை. கதை பழைய கதை தான். இருப்பினும் ஒரு முறை பார்க்கலாம்.

Off Topic : The director's documentary (anti-Mullai Periyar documentary) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS0PwCmjIt4

Senareb
30th September 2012, 12:11 PM
HEROINE..

liked the movie..more or less same story of 'Dirty pictures'..
Rising & falling nd againg rising of stardom..tats the story...
namma Nayanthara story maathiri konjam irukku..:tongueout:
kareena acting gud...mukkaal padam she is only crying..

Maalai pozhuthin mayakkathile :

2 hrs waste...15 min'ls padam bore...
ena pandrathu..download panna ore 'reason'kkaaga paarthen..total waste...
mothame 7 characters' thaan...budget 10 lakhs kooda thaandi irukkathu..
full story oru 'coffee shop'la nadakkuthu..romba porumai sothichittaanga...
paiyan,ponnu nalla irukkaanga..bt padam'thaan romba mokkai..

NOV
30th September 2012, 04:45 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-IBbhUO4m7Ac/TwwxP-BWVwI/AAAAAAAACfo/3vLPR52BXdM/s1600/Kondan+Koduthan+Movie+Posters.jpg

couldn't watch more than 20 mins.
sorry, no review...

HonestRaj
30th September 2012, 05:49 PM
EK THA TIGER

- once parkkalam.. 2nd half konjam bore..
- hollywood - kollywood - tollywood - raw - isi - india - pakistan... masala kalandha padam
- Katz.. super!!!
- Thamiz'la remake panna.. Ajith is the only choice available, imo.. Reason: character needs.. talk less - more style.. Ajith fits the bill
- Anuskha can do the role of Katz..

ecureuhapis
30th September 2012, 07:44 PM
yutham sei.. ygm was hilarious (unintentionally of course).. him channelling Jason Voorhees w/ machete at the climax was such a sight..

& screenplay apdiye Eesan xerox.. entha movie mothalla vanthuchu?

HonestRaj
30th September 2012, 08:16 PM
Yutham sei was released first.. before eesan

ajaybaskar
30th September 2012, 08:23 PM
Aan Paavam

What a movie!!! VKR's best of all his movies i've watched. Very casual - the pre climax scene where he invites his younger brother for his son's marriage alone is enuf. The scenes were well written and I don't know if current directors/writers can manage half a good product. The scene in which Seetha's liking for Pandian is showcased with that height match technique.. Neenga palaiya Pandiarajanaa varanum sir..

19thmay
30th September 2012, 08:33 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-IBbhUO4m7Ac/TwwxP-BWVwI/AAAAAAAACfo/3vLPR52BXdM/s1600/Kondan+Koduthan+Movie+Posters.jpg

couldn't watch more than 20 mins.
sorry, no review...

couldn't watch Ilavarasu more than a second like this

Senareb
1st October 2012, 01:24 PM
ISHQ (Telugu) :

Nithya menon'kkaaga download panni paarthen...it didnt disappoint me..
Typical telugu movie..gud entertainment...after the interval there is a twist which keeps the movie interesting..
Nithya menon is luking gorgeous..pity she has not chance in kollywood..:twisted:
Hero engeyo paartha maathiri irukke'nu wiki'ing panni paarthen...
his debut movie was jayam (telugu).. immediately my mind strike his face...wt a face change (jayam to ishq)..

if u want to see a gud romantic movie, i wil recommend tis movie...

Nerd
1st October 2012, 06:40 PM
Ramana - Sun TV. The only thing which has aged well is Raaja's score. Must have seen that hospital scene > 100 times during the time of release, but after it's over, all the doctors line katti ninnufying to listen to Vijayakanth's advice and thalai kuninjifying uniformly :lol2: I caught so many such unintended LOL moments.

But the film is still a decent watch, captain has done quite well.

mappi
2nd October 2012, 02:27 PM
OMG - Oh My God (Hindi)
Funny and interesting film which takes hard on Idol worship and (so called) God Men. The fantastic thing is the naration. Eventhough you could feel it to be preachy at places or you wont agree (depends on your belief on relegion) the naration holds you tight by feeding you with scenes in such a way that you dont bother to get into details. But yes, it provokes many debats, but I dont think the team really bothers about it. They have justified their view "Be free from fear. Have faith in Devine" through this film.

(Act of God Clause : I do not know whether this clause is imaginary or real. Could anyone confirm whether this clause is included in the insurance taken in India.)

An atheist, funny that he is into selling Hindu God Idols, curses God a lot. God reacts by putting his shop down thru earthquake. The insurance company does not pay him saying its "Act of God" where any destruction by God will not be covered. Angry Atheist takes God to court by sending legal notices to all the god men who say they are representatives of God. He pleads to the court that either the temple or the insurance company pays him with some logical points, including the points from holy books. Suprisingly God decends to help him thru his fight. The reason - some spiritual thoughts are shared by God - you will understand while watching the movie. Towards the ends, he becomes a victim of what he was fighting for - the God men make him GoD !

Paresh Rawal as an atheist, Mithun Chakraborthy as a God Man and Akshay Kumar as God => have excelled in their roles.

Plus :
Double Plus - Due credits are given to the original creators of the plot
- Akshay Kumar "Ghost Rider" type entry.
- Paresh Rawal
- Dialogues : Some good one
God Man : Here people dont LOVE god, they FEAR God
Paresh : Temples are malls now a days
God Man : We hold the COPYRIGHT on GOD (that was really funny)
GOD : (looking at idols on the street) I am everywhere except in the hearts of the people

Minus
- Too much shouting in the court
- Trying to justify an atheist point of view (depends on your beleif though)
- Make up, costumes & sets

A (very) good time pass.

mexicomeat
2nd October 2012, 03:01 PM
OMG - Oh My God (Hindi)
Funny and interesting film
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_Who_Sued_God

mappi
2nd October 2012, 03:11 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_Who_Sued_God

yes

OMG - Oh My God (Hindi)
Plus :
Double Plus - Due credits are given to the original creators of the plot.
Full Credits given to :

This Film is based on Hindi play "Kishan vs Kanhaiya"
Based on the original view Films Production "The man who sued God"
Directed by Mark Joffe (original writer) and Written by John Clarke
Executve Producers - Bnen Abel and Mark Joffe

HonestRaj
2nd October 2012, 04:14 PM
Aan Paavam

What a movie!!! VKR's best of all his movies i've watched. Very casual - the pre climax scene where he invites his younger brother for his son's marriage alone is enuf. The scenes were well written and I don't know if current directors/writers can manage half a good product. The scene in which Seetha's liking for Pandian is showcased with that height match technique.. Neenga palaiya Pandiarajanaa varanum sir..

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/199593_423345691057784_31658240_n.jpg

app_engine
3rd October 2012, 10:02 AM
The famous Kamal-Ambika scene that comes AFTER 'nilA kAyudhu' in SKV (the 'kuLuru vittuppOchchu' scene) :-)

What a lovely BGM :wink:

ajaybaskar
3rd October 2012, 11:00 AM
Saattai

What i liked about the film: It was not too preachy, Samuthirakkani's acting
What i didnt like: All others

Nerd
3rd October 2012, 07:42 PM
The famous Kamal-Ambika scene that comes AFTER 'nilA kAyudhu' in SKV (the 'kuLuru vittuppOchchu' scene) :-)

What a lovely BGM :wink:
Link?

app_engine
3rd October 2012, 08:58 PM
Link?

youtube has SKV full movie (also as parts and this comes in the penultimate part I think)...I was just jumping thru the KH-Ambika parts from the full movie link yesterday :oops:

app_engine
3rd October 2012, 09:01 PM
Don't expect extra-special BGM like the silukku portions of moonRAm piRai...SKV's KH-chEchi portions are basically variances of the famous songs (iLamai idhO idhO / nilA kAyudhu / katta vaNdi etc) but rAsA has some playful kuRumbu methods there...

NOV
4th October 2012, 04:56 PM
http://img.indiaglitz.com/tamil/news/raattinam18512_fri.jpg

Raattinam is a little known movie released early this year. Comprising new actors and technicians, I wouldnt have known abt the movie if not for our local TV channel.
Usual teenage/college love story, but very naturally portrayed. Actor was chosen from Facebook it seems :shock: but he has done a convincing job. However the same cannot be said of the lead actress.
Anyway, the twist in the end is absolutely lovely and a shocking moment for many - for its total closeness to reality.
Do try to watch, if you can.

HonestRaj
4th October 2012, 09:01 PM
Nov..
the actor who plays the role of hero's elder brother is the director of the film..

Raattinam
Do try to watch, if you can.

already done & gave a +ve opinion here :)

vithagan
4th October 2012, 09:11 PM
Nov..
the actor who plays the role of hero's elder brother is the director of the film..

already done & gave a +ve opinion here :)

And Hero is the Assistant Direcor

ajaybaskar
4th October 2012, 09:31 PM
The Cabin in the Woods

Horror movie. Story by Joss Whedon, the man who directed 'The Avengers'. Impressive IMDB rating. Critics' pick. Chris Hemsworth is part of the cast.

Nothing of the above stopped my snoring..

app_engine
4th October 2012, 09:42 PM
MY
BIG
FAT
GREEK
WEDDING

Second time!

Many scenes I did :rotfl: again!

Couldn't believe that I had tears in the last couple of scenes! (That father character is one of the most memorable characters watched ever in movies..."There are only two types of people - GREEK and those who wish they were GREEK")

This time it was my own DVD but watching it yesterday reminded me of my first watch when a co-worker of Greek origin gave me her DVD and encouraged to watch it. (Her own lifestory has a lot of similarities to the movie - parents moved from Greece, owned a restaurant at some point of time, big family in the metro Detroit area, college educated, embarassed about Greek food during school days but dying for it after growing up, was dating a non-greek white professional while in our team...she married him later in the same style as in the movie, in Greek church, feeling guilty about the expensive gifts from her parents...)

NOV
5th October 2012, 06:30 AM
the actor who plays the role of hero's elder brother is the director of the film..figures.... not memorable acting :lol:

already done & gave a +ve opinion here :)link pls :)

And Hero is the Assistant Direcor... of this movie?
I know that he has done some short films

app_engine
5th October 2012, 07:52 AM
kalyANa rAman
(Kamal / Sridevi / GN Rangarajan / Panju A / IR - 70's blackbuster hit)

Big bore :-(

Only two scenes were enjoyable in the whole movie - one when both KH meet for the first time :thumbsup:

The other one is a song - SJ's classic "ninaiththAl inikkum" with Sridevi on-screen.

Rest of the movie is avoidable...

Anban
5th October 2012, 01:34 PM
kalyANa rAman
(Kamal / Sridevi / GN Rangarajan / Panju A / IR - 70's blackbuster hit)

Big bore :-(

Only two scenes were enjoyable in the whole movie - one when both KH meet for the first time :thumbsup:

The other one is a song - SJ's classic "ninaiththAl inikkum" with Sridevi on-screen.

Rest of the movie is avoidable...

Why are you posting in a way that makes me pick up a fight with you every time?

This movie is a great entertainer and Kamal totally rocks as Kalyaanam .. music is heavenly ..

SoftSword
5th October 2012, 05:02 PM
be careful app..

app_engine
5th October 2012, 08:44 PM
Why are you posting in a way that makes me pick up a fight with you every time?

myopia...(or something similar)

Look at this post in this very thread on a movie by the same gumbal (KH-SD-GNR-IR):
http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?9870-Film-Documentary-Recently-watched-amp-worthy-of-some-discussion&p=921297&viewfull=1#post921297

Or, this:
http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?9969-கமல-quot-ஹாஸ்யன்-quot&p=923729&viewfull=1#post923729

HonestRaj
5th October 2012, 09:10 PM
NOV..

http://www.mayyam.com/talk/printthread.php?t=9870&pp=10&page=56

RAATTINAM

- almost same story like "Kaadhal".. but the ending has some very important message
- the consequences of love.. love between a 12th std girl [minor girl] & a boy [not told about his educational background]
- when i thought the director has slightly modified the ending of Kaadhal.. there was a twist..
- the ending is what mostly happens in reality & only after reading the end card texts i realised director has conveyed the message... a very important one
- i wish school students esp. girls watch this film..

- songs onnu rendu nalla irundha madhiri irundhadhu.. eppadiyum adhai ellam ketkaporadhillai
- no separate comedy track is a plus
- screenplay was interesting till the end
- hero - heroine vera yaravadhu.. innum better'ah select pannirkkalaam... heroine konjam gundaa.. poosunapla irundhadhu.. oru sayalla Bhumikha madhiri irundhadhu.. director adhai parthu select pannittarO..
- most characters show yedhartha acting.. good & not forced edhartham [idhu ennanu ketkadheenga.. vera padathula partha solren]
- story location: Tuticorin
- i found it artificial when most of the characters end their sentences with a "lE" .. i have my college mate from Tuticorin.. never seen him using "lE" & i know one more person from Thiruchendur.. i can identify their accent.. but found this "lE" usage more like vijay using "nnA"
- one more girl was shown for some 4 to 5 scenes.. i felt she was more beautiful than the heroine..
- indha padathula kanbikkira love'la ellam enakku udanpaadu illai i.e., school love, college love... but i have seen love in college successfully transforming into marriage [college classmate].. this % is very very min...

Nerd
5th October 2012, 09:15 PM
Rangar blasts thaaNdavam :clap:
http://baradwajrangan.wordpress.com/2012/10/05/lights-camera-conversation-an-unseeing-hero-an-unimpressed-audience/

jaiganes
6th October 2012, 01:25 AM
Rangar blasts thaaNdavam :clap:
http://baradwajrangan.wordpress.com/2012/10/05/lights-camera-conversation-an-unseeing-hero-an-unimpressed-audience/
unnecessary vigor to beat a dead snake to its 5th death.
kozandhai kooda thaandavam oru dhandavamnu therinju odhungi irukku - indha manushana yaaru poaye paakka sonna. naanum jism -4 pathuttu indha indhi padangaLe ippdi dhaannu bost podavaa? oorarinja unmai edho 5% padam dhaan thaerum adhula bollywood kollywoodunnu pirichu maenju sanda vera..

mappi
6th October 2012, 04:45 AM
The Bourne Legacy : James Bond on medication comes to know that there are no more pills ...

NOV
6th October 2012, 07:21 AM
NOV..

http://www.mayyam.com/talk/printthread.php?t=9870&pp=10&page=56thanks
I think the hero did a good job...

Senareb
6th October 2012, 10:03 AM
MIB 3...

Revisited again...wt a movie..thoroughly enjoyed...
Will smith characterization & sense of humour :clap:
'Time machine' pathina padam'naale oru kuzhappam irukkum...
bt intha padathula, apdi illa...neat screenplay...

The selection of young nd old Will smith partner is gud...same face selecion...
first rendu perum onnuthaan ninaichen...appuram'thaan therinjathu, rendu perum vera vera'nu...

koduramaana villain..sometime comedian'na irukkaan...
Graphics work is fantastic...

worth to watch..

joe
6th October 2012, 05:54 PM
Saatai :clap:
100 times better than much acclaimed Pasanga .

Roshan
6th October 2012, 08:34 PM
Mouna Guru - A decent crime thriller with a gripping screenplay (I had plans to watch only the 1st half on Thursday and the 2nd half on Friday, due to time constraints, but ended up watching the whole movie in one go). The hero guy's performance was alright until he kidnaps the constable but nothing to complain. I expected, his girl being a medical student would help bring a twist to the story but that character was wasted in the end. Uma Riyaz did a very good job (she is a natural performer and looks versatile too). Thaman's BGM is something worth mentioning. Was apt and not intrusive. Overall a much better crime thriller, compared to the over hyped, look-at-me-I-am-trying-to-be-different, 'Yudham Sei.

GSV
7th October 2012, 12:11 AM
Watched Charulatha and Attakathi..

Charulatha.. Very bad.. they wanted to release before maatraan it seems.. Pathetic movie overall..

Attakathi.

Liked the movie.. never bored at all.. Screenplay, actors and music were good.. Hero was totally apt for the character and did extremely well.. Nalla varuvaan payan..
Romba enjoy panni paathen.. Director :clap:

selvakumar
7th October 2012, 04:01 AM
Gangs of Wasseypur 1 & 2

Murder, revenge, murder, revenge, Murder, revenge, murder, revenge, Murder, revenge, murder, revenge, Murder, revenge, murder, revenge, Murder, revenge, murder, revenge, Murder, revenge, murder, revenge, Murder, revenge, murder, revenge........................................... ...........Murder, revenge, murder, revenge.. :yawwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnn:

Mahen
7th October 2012, 05:04 PM
MPM..crap film..but the movie was shot in sync sound :clap: dubbing oliga

interz
8th October 2012, 03:23 AM
Charulatha - ugh

too many flashbacks and poor special FX, and screenplay is poorly done.

waste of 2 hours, but better than waste week on reading a bad book.

selvakumar
8th October 2012, 08:06 AM
Mr Perfect - :clap: :clap:
Liked the movie very much. Though it had few nenjai nakkum moments, it was good overall. Very good performance from Prabhas and Kajal. Kajal Agarwal tries to imitate Kajal in few scenes but overall good performance from her. IF you like Santhosh Subramanian kind of movies, this one is for you. Message of the movie is about adjusting for others in life. Well shown in the movie :thumbsup:

@Director Raja - Sir, itha innum copy pannama irukeenga. Seekiram unga thambikku oru break kodunga itha vachi :lol2:

mappi
8th October 2012, 04:08 PM
Rebel (Telugu Movie)
Staring Prabhas (Mr. Perfect, Chatrapahti), Tamana, other usual Telugu face.
Reminds you of 42nd Street Grindhouse movie showcase. The much talked about interval block fight scene brought tears to my eyes.
Everyone wears sunglasses anywhere they are, really : in dark lit clubs, in their salon, during night etc.
Just like in exploitation movies, Tamana is well exposed. Its looks like whenever she is on, the camera man left for tea angling the camera just below here chest.
Usually Prabhas movies have some good stunts, here its Villathi Villan Remastered.
You can be very glad that you have skipped this movie.
Ha ! Story : Don Dad killed, Don Son takes revenge, Tamanas Navel, European Girls jumping around, Shouting, shotguns doing sniper jobs ... more more more

mappi
8th October 2012, 04:14 PM
Sattai
A preachy tale on how a school should be run. Not interesting, but quite well documentated. After watching it, I felt some episodes must be converted into short films and showed to students (+ teachers).
Thambi Ramaya was a let down, but Samudara Kani does a decent job. The girl acting in the school girl charater tops them all. Rest are some forgetable characters.

You wont regret watching it.

NOV
8th October 2012, 07:09 PM
watched parts of Maalai Pozhuthin Mayakkathile

not usual fare and many will not bother to watch... need to watch whole movie

interz
8th October 2012, 08:23 PM
English Vinglish - snorkinglish

A really boring movie. Thought it would be a funny movie. The director could have got more out of this subject. The songs werent necessary either, it slows down movie even more. Comeback movie for Sridevi, and a 2 hours of sleep for me.

joe
8th October 2012, 09:25 PM
English Vinglish.
Trailor paarthale maRana mokkai-nnu therinju pochu .

ajaybaskar
8th October 2012, 09:46 PM
Joe Anne,

The movie is slow moving. But if you have the patience to sit through you will enjoy it. I did. :)

venkkiram
8th October 2012, 10:07 PM
Kahaani!

Very Good!

Casting, Editing , Camera, BGM, Screenplay - top notching performance made watching gripping.

Wiki says "Budget 8 crores and Box Office 104 crores!" Very happy about this result!

HonestRaj
10th October 2012, 12:49 AM
Saattai

What i liked about the film: It was not too preachy, Samuthirakkani's acting
What i didnt like: All others

idhuthan "sahayane" padama...

padam parthachu..

oru murai parkkalam..

mappi
10th October 2012, 01:33 AM
Taken 2
A breezy thriller which moves quite in a way you want it too. No suprises at all.
Smart CIA dad takes his now grown up daughter + now depressed ex-wife to Isthanbul.
The Mafia Family - the suffering ones of those our Dad killed in Taken 1, plot to kidnap his family.
Dad to Daughter : Listen to me carefuly, me and your mom are kidnaped, they will come for you ... now you jump from the balcony and throw grenades all over the city so that I can tell you where I am.
Daughter Rescues Dad => Dad rescues Ex-Wife => All have milkshake

As usual comparison with part 1 : This film stands good, but the charm is missing. You seem to be laughing at what the dad and daughter do, rather than how you felt so gripped while watching part 1. But still there are some quite good oneliners that you may enjoy in this film too.

A clean film to watch during a rainy afternoon.

groucho070
10th October 2012, 06:32 AM
Awaara

After experiencing NT's feast, Raj Kapoor feels like plain rice porridge with salt.

app_engine
10th October 2012, 07:18 AM
mundhAnai mudichchu! (not first time, may be 3rd or 4th time, but after those college days - it's a "A" certified padam)

If some songs and fights are removed, what a fantastic movie!

Oorvashi, :thumbsup:
I don't think many others have done such a phenomenal job in their intro movies!

app_engine
12th October 2012, 11:21 AM
deiva magan - Sivaji excelling in all 3 roles and almost all scenes of "Kannan" are fantastic!
(Otherwise so-so film, too lengthy)

app_engine
12th October 2012, 11:24 AM
balE pANdiyA - another 3 Sivaji film - again, fantastic performance by NT! But, in a film that's boring for most part.
(BTW, quite a few similarities with MMKR - if we add Balaji, there are 4 "hero" characters also :lol2:)

groucho070
12th October 2012, 11:59 AM
app!!!!! ennathu? Don't tell me you haven't watched them before? Deiva Magan, lenghty-a? Bale PandiyA boring for most part-A? :shock: :neutral: :roll: Never mind, we are all different :smokesmile:

balaajee
12th October 2012, 04:24 PM
balE pANdiyA is one of the best comedy movie in TFI.

app_engine
12th October 2012, 06:01 PM
app!!!!! ennathu? Don't tell me you haven't watched them before?

Both films first-time watchnga :oops:

balE pANdiyA - songs are classics...reNdu nALA 'aththikkAi' playing in mind non-stop :-)

app_engine
12th October 2012, 06:03 PM
balE pANdiyA is one of the best comedy movie in TFI.

Based on "general hub opinions" (like this one of yours), me too expected to have a nice laugh but got disappointed :-(

Except one or two places, sirippE varalai...adhilum Balaji scenes were torture...(Could have used Balaiah instead - or Nagesh)

interz
13th October 2012, 02:48 AM
Untraceable - well made thriller

A gripping thriller starring Diane Lane. The movie is about an internetkiller who has a website and kills people live on that site. And of course FBI is chasing this guy and try to stop his as fast as possible. What struck me is the last comment on the copmuter in climax scene in the movie that said: How can I download the vid?

app_engine
13th October 2012, 10:12 AM
chithram (Lal / Ranjani / Poornam / Nedumudi / Lizzy / Srinivasan...directed by Priyadharshan)

Lost count how many times I watched this movie (max # of times watched by me in theater, for any movie )...

vizhundhu vizhundhu sirichchu / uNarchchi vasappattu / bramichchu / rasichchu / anubavichchu...almost all dialogs & BGM manappAdam...what a film!

MADDY
13th October 2012, 03:47 PM
Aaranya Kaandam.....is this the best tamil movie ever made?? atleast for Noir genre, its simply the best........."best thing abt being a woman is its a men's world" - those are firsts in tamil movies i suppose.....also not a single scene playing to the gallery like medley music/dance amongst poor/handicapped/mentally desolate/one-eyed artistes, beggars or tasmac philosophy song or any of pudhumai endra peyaril kodumai, vanmai, penmai, kan-mai, yadartha-padartha-siddhantham........

the chase scene just after interval shot is just explosion of a new wave cinema.......

k_vanan
13th October 2012, 04:12 PM
Aaranya Kaandam.....is this the best tamil movie ever made?? atleast for Noir genre, its simply the best........."best thing abt being a woman is its a men's world" - those are firsts in tamil movies i suppose.....also not a single scene playing to the gallery like medley music/dance amongst poor/handicapped/mentally desolate/one-eyed artistes, beggars or tasmac philosophy song or any of pudhumai endra peyaril kodumai, vanmai, penmai, kan-mai, yadartha-padartha-siddhantham........

the chase scene just after interval shot is just explosion of a new wave cinema.......

Exactly :2thumbsup:

Waiting for DVD out soon :-(

Parthyy
13th October 2012, 06:31 PM
happened to watch a crap called rebel in half hour FF mode this Tamanna was smoking hottttttt

HonestRaj
13th October 2012, 08:41 PM
yesterday watched parts of GABBAR SINGH in a bus travel..
Pawan kalyan looked like a full time joker..
now OSTHI is a far better film..

aceqoxim
13th October 2012, 09:19 PM
I think i pulled a sensitive nerve when I made that comment on myskin being over rated. Ivlo periya methaigal irunthuma i was trying to say that myskin and tarantino are similiar not in their story telling but in fact how they use camera as a tool in story telling-rathu puriyala.

etho en observation, enakku thonathu sonnen. Mathabadi naan evlo periya genius paar, naan mattumthan nolan lynch tarantino perlam use pannuven ivan yaaru panrathuku appadinu ninaichellam post pannala. Purinja sari. :smile2:

app_engine
14th October 2012, 09:21 AM
kAsE dhAn kadavuLadA (Muthuraman / Lakshmi / Sirikanth / thEngAi / Manorama)

From childhood watch in theater, I only remember the "trick-filled-song" mellappEsungaL piRar kEtkakkoodAdhu...

That way, though this is technically the second time, it's almost like first-time:-)

What a fun-ride!

Lot of :lol: moments!

The radio announcement prior to mellappEsungaL lists "virumbikkEtta nEyarkaL"...and one of them is "Palakkad M S Viswanathan" :-)

selvakumar
14th October 2012, 11:55 AM
App, Looks like you have lot of free time. Pazhaya padam thedi pudichu paarpeenga pola

app_engine
14th October 2012, 06:38 PM
App, Looks like you have lot of free time. Pazhaya padam thedi pudichu paarpeenga pola

2 more weeks until wife comes back from India...moreover, some of these films were marked for watch during this "vacation" :-)

VENKIRAJA
14th October 2012, 06:53 PM

nalla print irukkungala? PM pliss

HonestRaj
16th October 2012, 01:19 AM
VEEDU
- watching it after very looong time.. don't remember anything from my previous watch...
- liked it very much.. could have been a happy ending
- film is more like a poetry.. & it is the reality of 80's
- though i was living in most part of the 80's.. i don't remember much.. but i love the 80's world more than 90's & 00's.. here BM takes us through the streets, in the bus, canteen, office etc. set in the later part of 80's (1987-88)
- IR's bgm.. lovely
- liked BM's camera work & the way he expresses the emotions in visual.. :bow: less dialogues
- compared to these kind of films.. present day zig-zag camera works & fast cut edited films are kuppai..
- now life has come a full cycle.. present day need is also building/buying a apartment / house & the prices are soooo high.. in the film they build a house estimated for 1.25 lacs.. & now it is almost 40 to 50 times more.. & they sell a ground for 35000 Rs. :)

youtube links for the interested..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK9lQMPQmFI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z7zo8tb8aQ

mappi
16th October 2012, 02:14 AM
VEEDU

EXCELLENT. Watched/will watch it several times. Each watch is a new lesson to me. You can say its an encyclopedia of film making. Indha madri lam cinema ippo eduka yarum illa. BM visuals are always a treat. I think you are aware the BGM is from "How to Name it" album of IR.

12:06 - How to Name it
24:51 - I met Bach in my house (@ 2:28 into the composition)
31:00 - Do anything (starting bit)
39:19 - How to name it
50:00 - Do anything
01:13:15 - Don't Compare
01:29:43 - How to Name it
01:34:24 - How to Name it
01:36:20 - Do anything
01:40:01 - Unknown (sounds like "You cannot be free")

Even now when I visit India, this music "Do Anything" automatically plays inside me whenever I see half finished red brick houses. Thats the impact this film has on me.

My Special Respects to the Old Man Character (M.A. Chokkalinga Bhagavathar).

Got it on VHS. (If I get a chance I will screen this movie officially).

Senareb
16th October 2012, 02:00 PM
Charulatha..

Nod bad at all..oru thadava paarkkalam...
ellam pulitcha story'thaanaalum priyamani'kkaaga paarkkalam...
climax'la unexpected twist :???:..Saranya's acting is wasted in tis film... :(
comedy engira paer'la antha kundan pandra attoozhiyam thaanga mudiyala..sema mokkai.. :twisted:

padathu'la rendu moonu scenes thavira payapadra alavukku onnum illa...
unlik 'maattran', CG work is gud in tis film...:)

app_engine
16th October 2012, 05:30 PM
Started Murphy radio that I got from Indian stores (BARFI)...stopped after the Murphy radio scene because of drowsiness, nAlAikku mella innoru try paNNanum...

HonestRaj
16th October 2012, 11:16 PM
1 hour of RAAJAPAARVAI.. first time watching.. nalla irukku..
will complete the 2nd half tomorrow

app_engine
17th October 2012, 07:26 AM
VEEDU

First of all, mikka nanRi HR!

I should have waited a couple of weeks before watching this (supportkku / kooda azhuga oru AL pakkaththula irundhirukkum)...emotions thAnga mudiyala...kaNNeer like river, kEval ellAm...

So nostaligic!

Ofcourse, personal memories of 'veettaik kattippArththa anubhavam'.

But more than that, splendid film making by BM!

One of the best ever in TF!

Add lovely performances by the artists! And the ever-emotional HTNI pieces!

BM should have made it in Malayalam - it would have been a tremendous commercial success as well! I think even in Thamizh, it won some awards, got some recognition - but don't think it made any money in screening :-(

Siv.S
18th October 2012, 01:06 PM
Run Baby Run - :thumbsup: Media industry as its background,the war between the channels ... gripping comedy thriller.. the script is weak towards the end but Mohanlal's lovely performance as a cameraman make its a entertaining film. Rd Rajesekar had done a good job too :clap: worth a watch :thumbsup:

NOV
18th October 2012, 04:57 PM
started to watch panithuli (starring ganesh venkatraman) couldnt go past 1st 10 mins... :banghead:

Mahen
18th October 2012, 05:12 PM
looks like a cheapo film..wonder why he acted in it... :sigh2:

NOV
18th October 2012, 05:15 PM
its not like he has many offers :lol:

mappi
20th October 2012, 11:32 PM
Aiyyaa : Hindi Movie (Rani Mukerji, Pritiviraj (Malayalam) and others

Aiyyaa translate into AiYYOO during and after the watch.
The story revolves around Meenakshi, who travels between dream and reality (Also she depends on her nose to track her lover). Her parents want her married, to which she does not have much objection but still perfers to get married to a man whom she loves. She gets a job in "what so ever" college in a "what so ever" department. There with her sniffing skills she finds her man - Surya (aptly named as he comes topless, I mean shirtless). But this man is a mystery to her, and she follows him everywhere (even to the men's room) to know more about him. Meanwhile, her marriage gets fixed and on the day of her betrothal she evades to find Surya. Whether she enters the wedlock with the arranged groom or she follows her dream forms the climax, I mean in the last 45 mins.

The movie is the result of "Whats happens if each heroine follows the route of Vidhya Balan (Dirty Picture). Rani costumes/expression/moves in 2 song sequence would make Silk or Jayamalini shy.

+ None

- ALL

AravindMano
21st October 2012, 03:21 AM
Leelai. Liked.

There is a severe logical flow that destroys the whole film but somehow I was never bothered about it. Predictable but neat. Liked the third act - just how the director resolves the problem. Karthik is not a flirt part of it - Yeah, there was many girls in his life but that is how it happens - I was impressed how simple it was all. (Others might think it is convenient).

Two songs were very nice too.

AravindMano
21st October 2012, 03:27 AM
And Santhanam is on his way to become one of the unfunniest comedians of TFM.

selvakumar
21st October 2012, 06:55 AM
Attakathi - OK. Looked as if it was shot entirely in the outskirts of Chennai. Everyone have acted well. Attakathi - route thala - attakathi.. Final touch nalla irunthuchu :lol:

selvakumar
21st October 2012, 06:56 AM
It was also like watching another version of Kaadhalil Sothappuvathu eppadi. But heroine was really beautiful unlike KSY.

MADDY
21st October 2012, 11:41 AM
It was also like watching another version of Kaadhalil Sothappuvathu eppadi. But heroine was really beautiful unlike KSY.

hahah yea, Amala paul looked smug in KSY......

selvakumar
21st October 2012, 11:51 AM
hahah yea, Amala paul looked smug in KSY......
She is looking like that ever since we came to know about her. :P

selvakumar
21st October 2012, 11:58 AM
Sundara Pandiyan - OK masala. A remake of Enga Veetu Pillai. Karthik as usual good in comedy. Swathi looked OK. But heera super. Antha swimming pool scene, cop ah vara scene ellam heera super.

Vadivelu is another + for this film. :D

Oru scene la poosari karthik-u Pei otta varaar..

Poosari to Karthik : Yaar Nee
Poosari to Karthik : Nee Yaar
Vadivelu to Poosari : Ada moodevi, rendum onnu thaanda. :rotfl:

Nasc
21st October 2012, 12:07 PM
Started Murphy radio that I got from Indian stores (BARFI)...stopped after the Murphy radio scene because of drowsiness, nAlAikku mella innoru try paNNanum...
:fatigue: mudinchsa
vara vara..lifetime mokka drama's kooda navata mudiyin...gindhi pics/lifestyle in movies rombha unrelated agiduchu

A.ANAND
21st October 2012, 04:24 PM
And Santhanam is on his way to become one of the unfunniest comedians of TFM.

agree!vara irukkum half dozen padathulayum hero-vukku allakaiya abaayam kudiya viraivil therinjidum!but one of the unfunniest comedian forever in tfm is karunas!

joe
21st October 2012, 04:40 PM
Naan .. gripping and interesting .

HonestRaj
21st October 2012, 08:05 PM
Sundara Pandiyan - OK masala. A remake of Enga Veetu Pillai. Karthik as usual good in comedy. Swathi looked OK. But heera super. Antha swimming pool scene, cop ah vara scene ellam heera super.

Vadivelu is another + for this film. :D

Oru scene la poosari karthik-u Pei otta varaar..

Poosari to Karthik : Yaar Nee
Poosari to Karthik : Nee Yaar
Vadivelu to Poosari : Ada moodevi, rendum onnu thaanda. :rotfl:

padathoda title ennanga?

Sundara Pandiyan?

selvakumar
21st October 2012, 10:02 PM
padathoda title ennanga?

Sundara Pandiyan?

Yes. Sundara Pandiyan thaan :) 1998 film. When I was searching for 2012 Sundara Pandiyan online, I got this one. Nice time pass film. Sasi Kumar has re-used the title just after 14 years. But Karthik doesn't have market now. So, no issues from their side. I haven't seen this film before. So, it was like watching a new Karthik film :lol:

selvakumar
22nd October 2012, 09:42 AM
Seven Psychopaths - Graphic. Not for kids. Violence, nudity, vulgar language dominate throughout the movie. The way Sam Rockwell mocks at Mahatma Gandhi's "eye for eye is not the solution" is hilarious :rotfl: I liked the small twists here and there. That Vietnamese monk (psycho No.4?) and how Christopher Walken modifies that in the end is too good. Sam RockWell and Christopher Walken have acted really well. Both were too good. Colin F was a dummy piece. :D

I would LOVE to see Thala in a role like Sam Rockwell's role in this movie. But he done it somewhat similar in Billa2 though not entirely :)
AMC looks like UK Cineworld but with better seats.

HonestRaj
22nd October 2012, 08:15 PM
RAAJAPAARVAI
- A film by HAAZAN Brothers ... shown in the end card
- title card doesn't say who worked for which part.. only the names start rolling one after the other.. so i guess Singeetham srinivasarao is the director
- andhi mazhai - azhago azhagu & one bit song for blind people were good
- "andhi mazhai" camera work is good
- Kamal.. kannu theriyama nadikkiradhu mattume nalla nadippunu solla mudiyadhu.. idhai vida nallave pala masala padangalla nadichirukkar.. inge just vandhu pora velaithan
- Madhavi.... no words to describe her beauty.. super :bow: bikini shot in andhi mazhai song is a bonus for eyes :p
- YGM.. for once, he was funny.. to an extent
- unintentionally hilarious... delli ganesh.. comes as madhavi's brother
- Madhavi's family characters are more like caricatures.. who are they? that grandma is thalapathy grandma.. father & grandfather roles.. don't know who are they..

- climax is VTV opening scene, almost
- drunk kamal with ygm in front of madhavi's house.. same repeat in Thaimaman (GM & SR)

- finally, not an extraordinary film to rave about.. one time watch for me

RC
22nd October 2012, 09:48 PM
Honest - Grandfather is Director LV Prasad.. appa is Chandrahasan (? padam paaththu romba naaL aachchu... so not sure).
Climax is from Dustin Hoffman movie (Graduate-aa?)

HonestRaj
22nd October 2012, 11:55 PM
Thanks RC..
andha character ellam yedho doordharsan drama character rangeku irundhadhu...
film is worthless to have a copy.. so deleted the file after watching

Parthyy
23rd October 2012, 11:25 PM
Dheena- nostalgia,all songs,humour, massdialogues,one of best mass movies ,Ajith's energy superb

ajaybaskar
23rd October 2012, 11:31 PM
Mayakkam Enna

Liked it even more after watching. Never knew there was a post credits scene. Good one.

Dheena

One rare instance where both Ajith's and Vijay's films released together became superhits. I watched both the movies FDFS and came out happily. Parthyy coined out the exact word - NOSTALGIA

ajaybaskar
23rd October 2012, 11:32 PM
Mariyadhai

Started. Stopped

selvakumar
24th October 2012, 08:42 AM
Dheena- nostalgia,all songs,humour, massdialogues,one of best mass movies ,Ajith's energy superb
The "AD" for the movie. "Pongalukku Ready ah" with thala having the match stick in his mouth with that rowdy look :clap:
Yuvan won against his Dad comfortably :thumbsup:

raghavendran
24th October 2012, 08:52 AM
Vazhakku En 18/9
good effort....heavily dependant on the climax which was very effective though..the duration(2 hrs?) is the major plus..looked like they used hidden camera throughout.

Dheena
as Ajay anna said..i remember friends and dheena releasing on pongal day..sun tv top 10,super 10 paatha nyabagam...songs were,are a rage..its been 12 yrs..boyhood memories were back

ajaybaskar
24th October 2012, 09:16 AM
There was a 2 day gap. Friends on Jan 12th and Dheena on 14th IIRC.

Siv.S
24th October 2012, 02:03 PM
There was a 2 day gap. Friends on Jan 12th and Dheena on 14th IIRC.
Yes.. Friends on Friday.. Dheena on Pongal day :) Rajesh&Thangam ;)

MADDY
24th October 2012, 02:16 PM
Blade runner (1982) (director cut)

konjam blade dhaan.........expected a sci-fi but turned out to be a philosophical film

ajaybaskar
24th October 2012, 03:01 PM
Angaadi Theru

Watched it till the Soundarapandi-Selvarani episode. As I posted during the release, this was more touching and effective than the main plot.

jaiganes
25th October 2012, 09:37 AM
Blade runner (1982) (director cut)

konjam blade dhaan.........expected a sci-fi but turned out to be a philosophical film
oh yeah - that was the deception required to get to the "Do Androids dream of Electric Sheep" - The climax ranks among one of the
best sci fi climaxes - Match that Mr.Nolan.
And the ambiance and mis-en-scene - typical Philip Dick world meticulously recreated - only sections of Minority Report achieve the same level of success.
A Must watch movie for all scifi fans and particularly Ridley Scott fans - The anti corporation tone we saw in Alien was a complete match here in this movie too.

P_R
25th October 2012, 10:19 AM
Watched parts of Tintin yday on TV.
Not bad I say. I didn't watch it in the theatres because I heard they changed and mixed stories a lot.
Now I think I will watch it fully once.

NOV
25th October 2012, 10:23 AM
tintin was one of the most enjoyable movies of last year :)

P_R
25th October 2012, 10:38 AM
Yeah I heard the plot changes from my friends. Crab with Golden Claws, mixed with Unicorn, Sakharine made Rackham's descendent - and a mix and match of Unicorn and RRT. So was slightly skeptical. Yday I saw and it was quite engaging.

MADDY
25th October 2012, 07:47 PM
oh yeah - that was the deception required to get to the "Do Androids dream of Electric Sheep" - The climax ranks among one of the
best sci fi climaxes - Match that Mr.Nolan.
And the ambiance and mis-en-scene - typical Philip Dick world meticulously recreated - only sections of Minority Report achieve the same level of success.
A Must watch movie for all scifi fans and particularly Ridley Scott fans - The anti corporation tone we saw in Alien was a complete match here in this movie too.

yes, the line - "my emotions are like tears in the rain" and "you are supposed to be the good man" - though like a tamil movie dialogue, but was a bouncer given its from the machine :bow: ......infact i watched this movie because it topped 2001:A Space odyssey in most sci-fi movies list and esp the ones rated by scientists themselves.........yeah, it is indeed a cult classic for this genre - the director had built a convincing alternate world unlike the "similar to reality" blue world of Avatar.......the cramped up, dirty streets overflowing with people of chinese race was such a naughty point made by the director :lol: .......

i had problems with pacing of the movie, in the sense, it didnt ponder on the visuals for long enough to admire it......2001 was a classic case of "forget writing, just watch it" with its breathtaking visuals - BR didnt manage to do it......bourne series kinda action scenes occupied lot of space......but yea, it was layered much more than 2001 - whether the tyrell corporation had plan to replace humans wholly with replicants, was Deckard himself a replicant, what it takes to be human etc.....

it simply lacked the dazzle of 2001 like the space hostess walking around 360 degree to enter the astronauts room thats upside down - nenachhale pullarips.........maybe i started it with wrong perspective :-)

interz
26th October 2012, 09:45 PM
Thiruthani - less said the better

Following the route of Ovvaru Figarum Thevai Machan. Oru figarukkaga 2 mani padam parthu tholachachu.

Sunaina sema hot intha padathula.
Summa sollakoodathu Bharath Arnold'ukke aappu vaikkuraan. Gym body vachukittu ovvru rowdiyaiyum blade vachu trim panni azhikkuran.
Vazhakkaa oru special punch dialogue irukkum padathila, aana intha padathula athu missing.

Thirupachi, Sivakasi, Thirupathi ok, but afterwards movies from perarasu have been poor.

vithagan
28th October 2012, 12:42 AM
Attakathi - Mokka Kathi..:banghead:

Siv.S
28th October 2012, 01:53 PM
Skyfall- Good.it has its moments but guess i expected lot..bit of disappointment... the main reason is,more than a bond its M takes the centre stage of the movie...and the director tried like Nolan's way of treatment but it is just an attempt.The intro was terrific,watched the action scene in that same Istanbul roof location in Taken 2.

MADDY
29th October 2012, 09:56 PM
i was wondering where did i see the same review, i think its from ur facebook pprofile as well :D ......wats ur take, deserve to be watched in big screen?

anyways watching pounu pounudhaan.........though its thematically cliched - chinna vayasula odi pona payyan coming back* etc but the way Bhagyaraj unfolds the story is a delight.........the poignancy in dialogues, screenplay and his unique take on normal things - waare waah........genius saar indha aalu.........for all its banalities in production values, performances, sentiments and some convinient plot points, it was sheer joy to be taken for a ride by bhagyaraj through his unique narration.....

*wondering how many movies before this movie had this storyline.....

Siv.S
30th October 2012, 12:44 PM
i was wondering where did i see the same review, i think its from ur facebook pprofile as well :D ......wats ur take, deserve to be watched in big screen?

Yes yes.... go for it.

P_R
30th October 2012, 12:54 PM
He gives Bakya for free (product placement) :lol: and loses the ticket in it.
Station Master: nee ellAm Kashmirai kAppAththi... :lol:

Ramakrishna
31st October 2012, 12:59 PM
Saw Mankatha for the first time yesterday.

Very Entertaining.

Ajith was brilliant. One of the best performances of a villain played by a hero. Easily beats his own vaali and varalaaru. Naan E Sudeep ellaam onnumey illa.

But, its the music which takes the movie forward. Mindblowing. I am still humming some of the BGM tunes. Yuvan could do wonders to a movie like Thuppaaki.

k_vanan
31st October 2012, 02:03 PM
Saw Mankatha for the first time yesterday.

Very Entertaining.

Ajith was brilliant. One of the best performances of a villain played by a hero. Easily beats his own vaali and varalaaru. Naan E Sudeep ellaam onnumey illa.

But, its the music which takes the movie forward. Mindblowing. I am still humming some of the BGM tunes. Yuvan could do wonders to a movie like Thuppaaki.

True :exactly:

HonestRaj
31st October 2012, 10:45 PM
Yuvan could do wonders to a movie like Thuppaaki.

idhaithan nan annaikke sonnen...

selvakumar
1st November 2012, 11:05 AM

anyways watching pounu pounudhaan.........though its thematically cliched - chinna vayasula odi pona payyan coming back* etc but the way Bhagyaraj unfolds the story is a delight.........the poignancy in dialogues, screenplay and his unique take on normal things - waare waah........genius saar indha aalu.........for all its banalities in production values, performances, sentiments and some convinient plot points, it was sheer joy to be taken for a ride by bhagyaraj through his unique narration.....

*wondering how many movies before this movie had this storyline.....

I love watching bagyaraj and pandiyarajan films. More than Bharathiraja films, these guys are so entertaining. I thought of watching this film online now. Looks like it is available on netflix. Copyright sattam paanjirum pola :lol:

HonestRaj
13th November 2012, 10:24 PM
watching AYYA..
- evvalavu murai parthalum bore adikkiradhillai..
- Hari's screenplay is impressive..
- one of the best for kumar.. sarath kumar

HonestRaj
14th November 2012, 05:38 PM
yesterday night.. 11 pm to 2 am..
KAADHAL MANNAN .. in KTV

- absolutely delightful to see that Ajith
- everything was placed neatly in the film.. not a single dull moment..
- everyone did a neat job.. Vivek & MSV.. special :clap:
- even the heroine was good..
- dialogues are very well written... liked the word plays
- songs & lyrics.. :bow:
- vivek is associate director..
- easily the best from Sharan [this is the spelling he uses]
- the ending is similar to another venkateswaralayam - saran combo.. Amarkalam.. i mean the style.. the lead pair will succeed in love & they start walking in the road.. end credits will be shown
- Saran - one of my fav. director.. he had a style.. different from those worked in 90's.. sad to see him now running out of ideas

hattori_hanzo
14th November 2012, 06:23 PM

The two are not in good terms, probably something happened during the shoot. This was their first & last movie together. Vivek's relationship with Hari too wasn't too good after Saamy (till Singam)

HonestRaj
14th November 2012, 06:42 PM
The two are not in good terms, probably something happened during the shoot.

may be too much of interference from Vivek.. being a senior in the industry

Roshan
14th November 2012, 06:53 PM
KAADHAL MANNAN .. in KTV

- the ending is similar to another venkateswaralayam - saran combo.. Amarkalam.. i mean the style.. the lead pair will succeed in love & they start walking in the road.. end credits will be shown
- Saran - one of my fav. director.. he had a style.. different from those worked in 90's.. sad to see him now running out of ideas

Vivek and MSV together were superb ! I like the scene where Vivek confronts Ajith regarding his love for an already engaged girl. The discussions get heated up and Ajith would slap Vivek when Vivek says "tharaila kaala vaingadaa'', but immediately after the slap when we expect Vivek to get even more serious, he would say 'Ah ! tharaila kaala vekka sonnaa kannathula kaiyya vechuttaan" - superb timing :lol: One of the best by Vivek !

Roshan
14th November 2012, 06:56 PM
Another scene, Vivek would appear in herione's friend's dream and she would suddenly wake up as if she had a nightmare. Heroine would ask "ennadi?" and she would respond "ketta kanavu" :lol: and then the heroine would say "thalaikku pakkathula seruppa vechuttu thoongu" :rotfl:

rsubras
15th November 2012, 02:41 PM
KAADHAL MANNAN .. in KTV

yes...the best film from Saran.....no doubt about that........ the beauty of this film is.......... a film with wafer thin story and lots of scenes with no logic...yet you never feel that while watching the movie..such is the screenplay and the freshness in the way it was directed....... one of my favorite movies

ajaybaskar
15th November 2012, 11:12 PM
My most fav movie of Ajith till date. It didn't get the success it deserved. I rate it better than Amarkkalam.

aceqoxim
16th November 2012, 07:03 AM
I know I'm going to get a lot of shite for saying this, but one of my favourite ajith movie is citizen. I cant still get my finger on why I like it.

On a side note I think it's partially due to the mass grave digging up scenes and lots of other factors that both awed and terrified me as I was merely a child during the release of the movie.

rsubras
16th November 2012, 12:25 PM
my most fav Ajith film is Varalaru........ first half sappaiya irunthalum antha Sivasankar - villain son oda duel la padam soodu pidikkum...it was an awesome scene and Ajith's (esp Sivasankar's) mannerism, style, charisma anga dhool kilappum...... risky role for playing an effeminate character but Ajith pulled it off with tremendous ease. Another aspect I liked in this movie...was ARR's BGM (villain son wielding a knife to kill his father, villain son's theme, Sivasankar's Marriage when he comes down in steps etc.,) and Innisai song...A good entertainer....if only K.S.Ravikumar invested some more in Graphics, Visuals, Editing (except when he directed Kamal, many of KSR's movies suffered from very poor editing / CG) and marketing, it would have been a much more bigger hit than it actually was

Parthyy
16th November 2012, 03:54 PM
in my college days people use to say trailer completed jubilees extended extended finaly on oct 21 2006

SoftSword
16th November 2012, 05:42 PM
apdinaa??

rsubras
16th November 2012, 06:02 PM
apdinaa??

GodFather sound track was released in the month of February 2006, the film's trailor was released (or leaked???) in the net somewhere in the end of Feb 2006 but then the film was in cans until 9 months later for that year's Diwali when it re-incarnated as Varalaru (KSR who initially mocked at protests for Tamil films to be titled in tamil by remarking "GodFather ah ThagappanSami nu maathuna nallava irukkum" later got lured (or forced by producer) at the tax exemption for Tamil titles) ... ithai than avar trailer ah jubilee kondaadichu aana padam varaleengalae nu kindal ah sonnar.....

SoftSword
16th November 2012, 06:05 PM
ya ya adhu nyabagam irukku...
the ilamai track was beaten to death those days during the trips...
watta blast it was.. summa adhirum...

aceqoxim
18th November 2012, 05:17 AM
Wathed ABoorva Ragangal. Kamal, Srividya :notworthy: This is the first KB film I've watched and man has he casually broken all rules of the then tamil culture or what? Amazing.

mappi
19th November 2012, 01:02 AM
Son of Sardar
Starring : Ajay Devgan, Juhi Chawla, Sanjay Dutt, Sonakshi Sinha, Salman Khan (Special Apearence)
Directed by Ashwni Dhir

Based on Rajamouli's Maryada Ramanna Telugu movie. Jassi is the Son of Sardhar, that Sardar who killed the Dad Sardar of Billu. Billu and his brothers seek revenge and vow to kill the Son of Sardar. Jassi comes to the village after 25 years to sell his father's land hoping that time would have shed down the enemity. But no, to his surprise the Billu Sardar & co still are looking for him. Accidently Billu invites Jassie to his house not knowing his real identity. When he comes to know who Jassie is, he is helpless as in his family tradtion Guests are conseidered to be God Sent and should be treated with kindness. Billu waits for the moment for Jassie to get out of his house, but Jassie knowing this weakness outwits Billu by not steping out of his house. How Jassie tackles Billu forms the rest of the story, humoriously told.
+
Ajay Devgan, Juhi Chawla, Sanjay Dutt : Comedy timing (Kamal/Crazy Mohan movie style). Special mention to Sanjay Dutt - The scenes where he gets angry that Ajay is still in his house and then tries to calm down are really funny.

Dialogues : Good Sardar jokes all through the films.

Stunts : Brainless stunts but looks interesting and comical on screen. Goes well with the ambience.

Scenes
= when Billu's Brother chases to kill Jassi.
= where Jassi tries to escape
= where Billu's side kicks waits for Jassie to come out
= the train sequence
= many more ...

-
Towards the ends the story shifts to Hindi Style Romance. Sudden emotion drops your interest meter.
Songs and Load BGM
Overdose of illogical scences/stunts.

Overall a very good entertainer if you agree not to look for any intelligent stuff in movie. What Bol Bachan failed to do, Son of Sardar acomplishes it.

SoftSword
19th November 2012, 04:59 PM
watched OMG!!
sensible and much needed... :claps:

ajaybaskar
19th November 2012, 05:56 PM
Yeah.. I liked it too, except for that 'naadaga' feel. Rumour is that Aishwarya Dhanush is soon going to remake it in tamil with her father in Akshay's role.

SoftSword
19th November 2012, 05:58 PM
not so meaty role...
the paresh rawal role is worth it...

HonestRaj
19th November 2012, 10:07 PM
English Vinglish ..... in Hindi..
- nalla irundhadhu..
- must watch for husband & children of middle aged indian housewife

Dammy R
19th November 2012, 10:15 PM
not so meaty role...
the paresh rawal role is worth it...

I liked it too..as for the tamil version, I guess the message that the movie intends to give will reach the audiences better if Rajini plays Akshay's role...(purely my opinion)

venkkiram
23rd November 2012, 11:50 PM
Oh My God!

20 Crore movie earned 80 Crore so far.

:notworthy: Actor Paresh Rawal, Director Umesh Shukla, Producers Ashvini Yardi, Akshay Kumar, Paresh Rawal

Youtube has this movie both Hindi only and Hindi with English Subtitle versions. Do watch it.

hattori_hanzo
24th November 2012, 07:57 PM
Its quite embarassing to realize that one's taste differs from the majority of, not only hub members, but also the general moviegoers. I found SAGUNI watchable :ashamed:
A friend of mine went for FDFS. Unfortunately, I happened to be the Bali Aadu - first person whom he met on his way back home, to vent out his frustration. Idhellaam oru padamannu painju nimisham kaari thuppittaan. His wife was apparently pissed off by the tasmac song, urine and double meaning lines. Idhungallaam 'Delhi Belly' paatha enna sollumo?

Im still wondering why I don't find any reason to dislike it. Maybe due to the fact that I watched it in 3 installments over a period of 20 days, or maybe I had expected a worser movie. I agree, the story is unbelievable, screenplay is flawed, every scene is cliched and politicians are made to look like jokers. But it can still be considered a 'once paakalaam' kind of movie without much melodrama. The first half hour has some hilarious scenes involving Karthi & Santhanam. Karthi's acting is good in few scenes, particularly when he speaks to Roja in the airport and when he meets the CM outside his house. Though he looks good in the last scene, I find him a bit shapeless in tight pants.
The interval punch raises expectations. After a really long time, I found Nasser apt for the role of Beedi Samiyaar. Note his voice modulation when Karthi meets him on the dias. After that I expected the movie to fall flat and it did, but without any dull moments. Yeah the 80's movie stamp was there throughout, but so did Siruthai. I found it difficult to complete watching Siruthai's marana mokkai 2nd half. Those bombing scenes with Santhanam and the annoying antagonist were too silly. Adha vida Saguni mosam illaye :roll:

Yet to watch the other DisaSTARs this year - Billa2, Thandavam and Maattrraan. Hope I dont like them.

NOV
24th November 2012, 08:55 PM
Mirattal... 1st half is enjoyable... 2nd half :fatigue:
Can watch for Prabhu's sake...

joe
24th November 2012, 11:02 PM
Watched Pithamagan on TV again

Bala .. I love you .

mappi
25th November 2012, 12:54 AM
Skyfall
Actors : Daniel Craig, Judi Dench
Music : Thomas Newman
Directd By : Sam Mendes
Produced by : Michael G. Wilson, Barbara Broccoli
Banner : Eon Productions & Danjaq LLC

After announcing the death of James Bond, aging M has to defend her post and ideology against the newly elected ministry. She refuses to to step down, until she finds out who were behind the bombing of the MI6 building that killed several agents. Following the bombing, the threat of exposing agents in undercover operation menaces M. To her relief, Bond returns. He did survive but used "his death" as a retirement. He then embarks into a journey where he not only finds out who is behind these acts against MI6, but digs open the past and puts M's Life in danger by doing so. To save M from a not so normal villan, Bond makes a perfect plan to pull the villan to him by hiding M in his childhodd house "Skyfall". What happens in skyfall forms the climax and gives ways for Bond to return.

First thing first : I did not like Skyfall.
You should not tamper with legendry Characters. The movie clearly shows that the director had an intimate relationship with Nolan. Nolan destroyed Batman, now Bond enters into the dark drama episodes. If the argument is that they are making the movie for the current generation, to give them something new - they should not forget the past generation is still alive. For the current generation make movies like Twilight Saga - no questions asked, but why touch Bond or batty - they both were and are my favorite.

We have not come to see James Bond running around, but see him using his gadgets. We have not come to see James bond talking, but see him romancing.... and where is the theme music, goddammit.

But still the opening action sequence, title song and the villan were good.

It looks like a Van Damme or Chuck Norris film where they come back from retirement just because their Colonel is in danger. Showing James bond leading a Rambo Kind of life ridicules more the "50 years" character.

I storngly suggest these guys start up reading Ian Fleming Bond Series, or for that matter Nick Carter series. They would get an idea how great these guys are !

For people who consider Nolan as the best director on Earth. And for true bond fans : see it as you dont have a choice.

ajaybaskar
25th November 2012, 12:59 AM
Savages

Directed by Oliver Stone. Nothing else to mention..

HonestRaj
25th November 2012, 01:37 AM
PIZZA
- one time watch
- no repeat value
- after a point pEi bangalow episode was boring
- heroine reminds me kuththu Ramya

mappi
25th November 2012, 01:58 AM
HonestRaj, there is a thread for Pizza Movie :
http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?10107-Pizza-Hot-Spicy-Delicious-amp-Creepy

- one time watch
- no repeat value

I already watched it Thrice, just for the Hero and naration. Will get the DVD or Bluray

- after a point pEi bangalow episode was boring
- heroine reminds me kuththu Ramya

Agreed

HonestRaj
25th November 2012, 02:23 AM
once the suspense is revealed film requires something special to make us watch again...
i don't find anything like that..
few scenes were good.. like the start & end (this one i guessed).. lot of twists.. but somehow i may not be interested to watch it again

ajaybaskar
25th November 2012, 02:49 AM
Honest,

I don't know where you watched it. But some films deserve to be watched in theatres for the optimum effect. Pizza is one such movie.

mappi
25th November 2012, 03:41 AM
once the suspense is revealed film requires something special to make us watch again...
i don't find anything like that..
few scenes were good.. like the start & end (this one i guessed).. lot of twists.. but somehow i may not be interested to watch it again

For those interested in going beyond viewership, search for content and material in the movies. Once in a while there comes a movie which is worth discussing, debating, observing & learning. For this you got to view the movie several times. Show it to several people with same interest and collect their views - language is not a barrier [I have watched movies without sound - best way to analyse and critic a film work]. Its interesting. Eventhough you can't make a movie, you can always learn.

Here is a list of movies released in 2012 those which have captured my attention. Several of us [me being the only Indian/tamilan] saw many 2012 movies including Aravan, Billa 2, Maattrran. Billa 2 was our unanimous pick for this years best film making technics in Tamil Cinema so far.

Film : why

Ambuli : concept, setting, costumes, performence

Muppozhudhum Un Karpanaigal : How a movie should not be made

Aravaan : reason out why it failed

Kazhugu : character developement, naration, atmosphere

Billa 2 : sreenplay, tone, dialogues, camera work

Maattrraan : special effects - notably the interval fight which seems to have bored many. This is technically a brilliant movie, many missed to appriciate it.

Pizza : performance, naration, lighting, sound, camera work - pros and cons

Thiruthani : just kidding ... got ya !

Ammavin Kaipesi : backdrop, photography

Eagerly waiting for Vishwaroopam. Kamal never disappoints me and there would be so many interesting bits to watchout for.

Parthyy
25th November 2012, 05:02 AM
Billa2 Title Credits one of the bestest everest

Cinefan
25th November 2012, 04:59 PM
Magalir Mattum on Kalaignar now,Urvashi-only she possible.

smaiitm
26th November 2012, 02:01 AM
Claude Lelouch's, C'était un Rendez vous - The greatest and probably the most controversial piece of street car racing film - A car driving through an early morning Paris.

The original video
http://goo.gl/oRDap

Wiki:
http://goo.gl/z61Sf

A small commentary:
http://goo.gl/jckAm

ajaybaskar
26th November 2012, 02:56 AM
Ordinary (Malayalam)

The film is soon to be remade as Jannal Oram in Tamil. A cliche driven feel good drama. Nothing extra ORDINARY.

directhit
26th November 2012, 07:51 AM
watched OMG!!
sensible and much needed... :claps: yeah lovely film :bow: but same 1000 periyars kadhai thaan :lol2:

ajaybaskar
26th November 2012, 06:54 PM
Iruvar

The dialogues certainly the biggest minus. But many sequences - well supported by Lalettan and ARR - did impress. It's quite sad that the film lost to a mediocre/bad film in the Pongal race.

venkkiram
26th November 2012, 07:11 PM
Iruvar

The dialogues certainly the biggest minus. But many sequences - well supported by Lalettan and ARR - did impress. It's quite sad that the film lost to a mediocre/bad film in the Pongal race.
Which was that mediocre/bad film? Iruvar seems to be a half baked approach to me. Mani gave much importance to not-so-important events of Dravidian politics and diluted the essence. A good opprtunity got wasted.

SoftSword
26th November 2012, 07:38 PM
i thots its a brilliantly made movie!
based on venkis yardstick, could not imagine how it would have been if itws fullybaked..

venkkiram
26th November 2012, 07:53 PM
Softie, please educate me what was the theme of Iruvar and how the screen play and songs helped to achieve that.

SoftSword
26th November 2012, 08:01 PM
venki...
no cross questions.. enakku therivaa pesinaa kaekka theriyum... aana serivaa pesa theriyaadhu...
apram i did not pass any comment on ur opinion... naan aaha-OhO'nu nenachadhae half baked'naa, innum full baked product enna range'la irundhirukkumnu josichu paathaen...
adhukkulla educate'nu periya vaartthai ellaam...

Education makes one think narrow!

Mahen
26th November 2012, 08:07 PM
IRuvar is Mani's best..period

faithiu11
26th November 2012, 08:10 PM
watched life of pi yesterday..good movie ,great visuals..cant believe tiger is animated..its stunning but absolutely ridiculous to compare it with avatar

SoftSword
26th November 2012, 08:14 PM
trailer'layae konjam colour tone contrastinga irundhuchae... i could easily make out it was an animated one... the scene when he lifts that cover to see the tiger inside, whr the tiger appears bright while the surrounding is pitch dark.. oru vaelai trailerla apdi therinchO..

faithiu11
26th November 2012, 08:22 PM
ya if u see the full movie its difficult to find it...

rsubras
26th November 2012, 11:39 PM
IRuvar is Mani's best..period

Iruvar would have been Mani's best if he had the freedom he wanted......... kannathil muthamittal should be the best in my very humble opinion...

hattori_hanzo
28th November 2012, 02:03 AM
Maattrraan - Goyyale, never seen such a bad 2nd half. Somehow, reminded me of Kamal's Ullasa Paravaigal. The first half was quite interesting though. Post interval, chancey illa. The last 15 mins had some ROTFL moments.

directhit
28th November 2012, 08:43 AM
Barfi :bow: Ranbir :thumbsup:

ajaybaskar
28th November 2012, 08:58 AM
Venkki,

As softy pointed out, Mani has tried his best with whatever freedom he enjoys in our country. And before releasing Iruvar, he had to screen it to many politicians, cut a few sequences. Whatever we see is the chopped version. Even last week,producer Kovaithambi had given a statement that he had raised his voice against Mani for showing Dravidian movement in bad light. Ordinary Kovaithambiye ippadinna periya periya thalaingallam enna pannirukkum?

Mediocre/bad film: Minsara Kanavu

selvakumar
28th November 2012, 10:13 AM
Maattrraan - Goyyale, never seen such a bad 2nd half. Somehow, reminded me of Kamal's Ullasa Paravaigal. The first half was quite interesting though. Post interval, chancey illa. The last 15 mins had some ROTFL moments.

It was lengthy and more than story, direction etc we should blame the editor. How can someone edit a film like this? I liked the film if you can fast fwd some redundant fight scenes, lengthy sequences in the 2nd half etc). Amazing production values, camera and CG work. Didn't find Surya's performance impressive. Was pretty much a cocktail of Vaaranam aayiram and ayan. Music and BGM sutham. I liked the concept. Director must have seen lot of steroid cow videos in youtube :lol:

joe
28th November 2012, 12:41 PM
Iruvar seems to be a half baked approach to me.
:shock: I never thought I will agree with venkkiram one day :lol:

paranitharan
28th November 2012, 01:22 PM
Mani's films have always been pretentious and lacking in depth. The other night watched thalapathy and puthupettai and found puthupettai superior.

rsubras
28th November 2012, 02:19 PM
Sometimes beauty of a film is not in its depth or the amount of details revealed but in leaving some of the things to the viewer themselves and make him / her concieve the entire scene on their own........

paranitharan
28th November 2012, 02:53 PM
Yes there are some films but thalabathy isn't one of them.

mappi
28th November 2012, 02:56 PM
Yes there are some films but thalabathy isn't one of them.

Paranitharan, apart from story, dialogues, usual gimmicks on screen like emotion, love ... etc ... what else did you note in Thalapathy before coming to this conclusion ?

mappi
28th November 2012, 03:06 PM
For me Iruvar was not badly made. It had its moments.
I can pass the dialogues : the last ones from Prakash Raj is a highlight, the crispness in emoting rivalry ... etc ...
Where the film failed : the films jumps back and forth from Biography to fiction ; sharp characters come and go in a wink of an eye ; could not maintain the tempo and finally - excuses if I offend someone with this statement - Aishwarya Rai in Dual role was a big joke. She did not have the capacity & physique to play such a powerful role that turns and spins the story as well as 1 of the main characters.

And technically he had used diffrent tint for different suituations [grey, green and blue respectively]. The sudden switch of visuals was a bit tiring to a normal viewers. And too many close ups and the heads look magnified on screen. According to me its normal, it shows gradually the growth and fall of the main characters and the close up act to capture it. But for normal viewership its bizzare.

All together, one will enjoy Iruvar if no comparison is made between reel and real. But the comparison seed is already planted, thus provoking so many differences and critisims. For me Iruvar comes under the category Good Cinema, for rest its viewers choice.

hattori_hanzo
28th November 2012, 03:10 PM
It was lengthy and more than story, direction etc we should blame the editor. How can someone edit a film like this? I liked the film if you can fast fwd some redundant fight scenes, lengthy sequences in the 2nd half etc). Amazing production values, camera and CG work. Didn't find Surya's performance impressive. Was pretty much a cocktail of Vaaranam aayiram and ayan. Music and BGM sutham. I liked the concept. Director must have seen lot of steroid cow videos in youtube :lol:

Selva, I agree with most of ur points. I found the entire Ukvania(?) portions unnecessary. How many scenes can an editor remove? In this 2.45 hrs movie, once u have seen the first hour, you get to know who the villain is and what his motif is. After that, nothing holds the interest of the viewer. The story writer should have revealed the suspense much later and made it short. Suriya travels to USSR only to find why the food inspectors did not find anything wrong with Energion. It would have been interesting if that trip lead him to something else, say a bigger villain or a more intriguing conspiracy - not back to his dad. KV Anand has tried to fit in too much funda into one movie which did not work - genetic research, athletes getting drugged, mass food poisoning, corporate wars, import-export policies. As if he suddenly realised that the story is going somewhere, he brings the protagonist back to India & the last 10 mins looks like a fast-forwarded version. Gujarat scenes, Surendra Lodi, climax dialogue were all unintentional ROFL scenes.

I liked the concept too and Im sure a good amount of research and hard work has gone into making, but the end product is bad. CG was good in some places(especially in Theeye Theeye song) but shoddy in some scenes too. We can easily make out Vimalan's extra-fitting head in several scenes.

mappi
28th November 2012, 03:39 PM
We can easily make out Vimalan's extra-fitting head in several scenes.

... lol ...

Saai
28th November 2012, 03:42 PM
Iruvar half-baked in what sense? Its not a political movie. The movie does not deal with Dravidian politics and its ideologies. Its about two people, their friendship, their love life and most importantly their struggle for power. All other political characters etc are just used as a milieu. If not for anything else, the movie is a must-watch for Mohan Lal and AR Rahman.

Anban
28th November 2012, 04:49 PM
Iruvar is not even half baked ..

NOV
28th November 2012, 05:27 PM
.. its fully baked.

Cinefan
28th November 2012, 06:21 PM
Surendra Lodi

Pun on Narendra Modi,villian-a, :shabba:

rsubras
28th November 2012, 11:08 PM
Iruvar should have been made in Hindi with all the freedom that Mani would have wanted to film the movie........ It was a great theme, he had the best things in his disposal, one thing that was not there was the degree of freedom that such a script demands...

hattori_hanzo
28th November 2012, 11:14 PM
Pun on Narendra Modi,villian-a, :shabba:

No, he's not the villain. In the climax, 'Lodi' starts some development project in Gujarat and seeks Ramachandran (Suriya's dad)'s help, without knowing the secrets behind Ramachandran's success.

venkkiram
29th November 2012, 03:25 AM
BR on Iruvar movie (என்னவொரு புரிதலோ?)

http://www.india-seminar.com/2004/535/535%20baradwaj%20rangan.htm

இவரைப் போய் எப்படி சிறந்த விமர்சகர்னு ஊர் சொல்லுது?

மன்னிக்கவும்.. மணியின் படங்களில் இருவரைப் பொறுத்தவரை என் நிலைப்பாடு முதல் முறை பார்த்தபோதும் சரி, மீண்டும் பல முறை பார்த்த போதும் மாறவேயில்லை. இசை, ஒளிப்பதிவு எல்லா மேட்டரும் சிறப்பா நல்லாத்தான் இருக்கு. ஆனால் திரைக்கதை-வசனம்-இயக்கம் என ஒட்டுமொத்தவைகளிலும் மணி சொதப்பிய ஒரு படமாக பார்க்கிறேன்.

Roshan
29th November 2012, 02:34 PM
Iruvar half-baked in what sense? Its not a political movie. The movie does not deal with Dravidian politics and its ideologies. Its about two people, their friendship, their love life and most importantly their struggle for power. All other political characters etc are just used as a milieu. If not for anything else, the movie is a must-watch for Mohan Lal and AR Rahman.

Correct !!

mappi
29th November 2012, 03:13 PM
Chinese Zodiac - A Jackie Chan film
Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnvXSDhaU1M

ajaybaskar
29th November 2012, 06:04 PM
Talaash

The film switches into various sub genres of thriller - psychological,investigation and one more, which cannot be revealed since its a spoiler. The credits start with the late night life of Mumbai and prepares us for a journey into the other side of the colorful city. The film travels in its own pace only to unfold beautifully later on.

This is not a life time role for Aamir. For an actor of his calibre, the role of Surjan is just a cakewalk. The leading ladies have better roles to play. So does Siddiqui, who grabbed attention in Kahaani. Dialogues by Farhan Akthar and additional dialogues by Anurag Kashyap (I could pick out his contributions easily).

Talaash may not appeal to the masses like 3I or Ghajini, given its pace. But it is recommended for its dark theme and the suspense factor. For me, it is the best bollywood film of this year.

joe
29th November 2012, 06:30 PM
Iruvar half-baked in what sense? Its not a political movie. The movie does not deal with Dravidian politics and its ideologies. Its about two people, their friendship, their love life and most importantly their struggle for power.
ஓ! அது எம்.ஜி.ஆர் - கருணாநிதியை குறிக்கிறது என பார்த்தவர்கள் எல்லாம் முட்டாள்கள் தான் ..ஒத்துக்கிறேன்.

Cinemarasigan
29th November 2012, 06:31 PM
Talaash

The film switches into various sub genres of thriller - psychological,investigation and one more, which cannot be revealed since its a spoiler. The credits start with the late night life of Mumbai and prepares us for a journey into the other side of the colorful city. The film travels in its own pace only to unfold beautifully later on.

This is not a life time role for Aamir. For an actor of his calibre, the role of Surjan is just a cakewalk. The leading ladies have better roles to play. So does Siddiqui, who grabbed attention in Kahaani. Dialogues by Farhan Akthar and additional dialogues by Anurag Kashyap (I could pick out his contributions easily).

Talaash may not appeal to the masses like 3I or Ghajini, given its pace. But it is recommended for its dark theme and the suspense factor. For me, it is the best bollywood film of this year.

Ennayyaa idhu,, NaLaikku thaan release.. adhukkuLLa padattha pAtthuttu revu pOttutteer... remba advanced-nga..

rsubras
29th November 2012, 06:49 PM
ஓ! அது எம்.ஜி.ஆர் - கருணாநிதியை குறிக்கிறது என பார்த்தவர்கள் எல்லாம் முட்டாள்கள் தான் ..ஒத்துக்கிறேன்.

athu appadi illeenga sir.......... reel scenes kum real life kum scene by scene compare panni compare panni naama paarkumbothu, enna ithu, niraya vishayangala intha aal sollamalaye illa paathilaye vittutar nu ninaikkumbothu than film oru half baked attempt nu ninaikka thonum...... appadi illama...potrayal of two contrasting characters and their political paths intha maathiri paarkuravangalukku padam pidichirukkalam..athai than Saai solraar nu ninaikaren

joe
29th November 2012, 07:15 PM
athu appadi illeenga sir.......... reel scenes kum real life kum scene by scene compare panni compare panni naama paarkumbothu, enna ithu, niraya vishayangala intha aal sollamalaye illa paathilaye vittutar nu ninaikkumbothu than film oru half baked attempt nu ninaikka thonum...... appadi illama...potrayal of two contrasting characters and their political paths intha maathiri paarkuravangalukku padam pidichirukkalam..athai than Saai solraar nu ninaikaren

அதையே தான் வளைச்சு வளைச்சு சொல்லுறீங்க .. படம் வந்த போது ஆர்வமா முதல் நாள் போய் பார்த்தவன் நான் .அப்போது என்ன சொல்லப்பட்டது என்பது அப்போது பார்த்தவர்களுக்கு தெரியும் .. இப்போது நீங்கள் அதை கலைப்படைப்பு என கலைக்கண்ணோட்டத்தோடு பார்ப்பதில் எனக்கொன்றும் இல்லை .அதற்காக அதை வெறும் இரு பாத்திரங்களாக பார்க்க வேண்டும் என தத்துவமெல்லாம் பேசினால் கொஞ்சம் சிரிப்பா வருது ..பாமரனா இருந்தாலும் எங்களுக்கும் கொஞ்சம் கலையெல்லாம் தெரியுமப்பா :)

rsubras
29th November 2012, 07:18 PM
அதையே தான் வளைச்சு வளைச்சு சொல்லுறீங்க .. படம் வந்த போது ஆர்வமா முதல் நாள் போய் பார்த்தவன் நான் .அப்போது என்ன சொல்லப்பட்டது என்பது அப்போது பார்த்தவர்களுக்கு தெரியும் .. இப்போது நீங்கள் அதை கலைப்படைப்பு என கலைக்கண்ணோட்டத்தோடு பார்ப்பதில் எனக்கொன்றும் இல்லை .அதற்காக அதை வெறும் இரு பாத்திரங்களாக பார்க்க வேண்டும் என தத்துவமெல்லாம் பேசினால் கொஞ்சம் சிரிப்பா வருது ..பாமரனா இருந்தாலும் எங்களுக்கும் கொஞ்சம் கலையெல்லாம் தெரியுமப்பா :)

haha...athukku sollala joe...... naanum ippadi compare panni compare panni paarthavanthan........ athunalathan athai enjoy panna mudiyalayo nu ippa thonuthu..... may be intha dravidian history pathi theriyathavanga, compare pannama paarthavangalukku padam pidikkumo ennavo........... like how Guru appealed to me......... without digging too much into whether this really happened..and who is this character etc., etc.,

rsubras
29th November 2012, 07:22 PM
and also the tremendous hype that was created before the film was released... MGR karunanidhi pathi padam edukkarangalam pa... sarath kumar no sonnaram..sathyaraj no sonnaram......... mohanlal than MGR ahm , ulaga azhagi than jayalalitha vaam nu egappatta expectations ah egira vittutaanga...so each own came up with their own set of expectations from whatever little they knew of the parties' and the stalwarts' history

joe
29th November 2012, 07:32 PM
rsubras,
Agree with you ..Even I feel it was technically good and some great performances .But I felt the plot is not mani's cup of tea OR may be this kind of movie is not my cup of tea :)

mappi
29th November 2012, 08:42 PM
Anyone watched Naduvula Konjam Pakkatha Kaanom ? Reading some good feedbacks.
[Is there a thread for this movie ?]

SoftSword
29th November 2012, 09:34 PM
is it released already? not friday yet...

mappi
29th November 2012, 09:39 PM
Thats what I was wondering - official release date is 30th Nov, but there are reviews floating on internet. Thought someone would have watched the preview.

srimal
1st December 2012, 01:22 AM
watched NKPK @mayajaal today... good clean entertainment and there quite a few rofl moments..... interesting experience....

as usual there were hoots and catcalls initially - but it all simmered down.... vijay sethupathy and co - good acting... screenplay is good too - so many ennachu dialogs but u still never feel irritated... nalla cover pannirundhanga... i dint miss the songs but innum konjam edit pannirukkalam - enga nu thaan solla therla

good movie - you can watch once !!

NOV
1st December 2012, 06:55 AM
http://www.filmoria.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Life-of-Pi-3D-poster.jpg

Fantastic movie with deep message. Several Oscar worthy stuff. Ang Lee deserves to be praised.
Couple of things tho: No Tamil has Patel as a surname and neither do Tamils call thier uncle Mamaji :)
Message of movie: You choose to believe/accept whatever appeals to your mind & intellect. And so you find God in your own way.

srimal
1st December 2012, 10:22 PM
great movie....ippo thaan parthaen....:)

vasantha maaligai poster vandhathae... notice pannengala ?!

interz
2nd December 2012, 06:45 PM
The dark knight rises - but not so well

Certainly didnt live up to the expectations I had for the last Batman movie from Christopher Nolan. The movie got really preachy and tried to teach the viewer morale lessons which I really hate. The movie got interesting after 1 hour and 26 minutes. As usual the graphichs and sfx great, but the BGM wasnt that intense like in previous movies. the star cast did their jobs well , esp Joseph Gordo-Lewitt. The end hints there might be a Robin movie on the way...maybe...

NOV
2nd December 2012, 06:48 PM
vasantha maaligai poster vandhathae... notice pannengala ?!illaiyE :shock: miss pannitten..
but kandippaa rendavathu thadavai paarppEn...

Mahen
2nd December 2012, 07:16 PM
Pizza :banghead: W.. moment when the climax was revealed..kudutha buildup and climax samanthame illai..intha mokkai padathuku avlo fans..:shock:

NOV
2nd December 2012, 07:35 PM
stop your addiction to mass and masala movies mahen :lol2:

Mahen
2nd December 2012, 07:40 PM
ya, like SKyfall :)

venkkiram
3rd December 2012, 09:47 AM
Life of PI-Charu Nivedita

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRisL3m1Gao&feature=youtu.be

Nasc
3rd December 2012, 12:22 PM
Life of PI-Charu Nivedita

madras eyea irukumo??more over tamil dubbed version parthurupaaro...tamil movieye thaangrarey...

+ english to tamil translationla niraya scenesa thappa purinjukitaaru

my take on the movie -
visually engaging nevertheless drags a little. first time seen ppl leaving the hall in amc.pretty much 14 of the 20 odd ppl who were in the movie hall left in the middle.

mappi
3rd December 2012, 06:04 PM
Talaash
Written & Directed by Reema Kagti
Produced by : Ritesh Sidhwani, Aamir Khan, Farhan Akhtar
Starring : Aamir Khan, Rani Mukerji, Kareena Kapoor
Music by Ram Sampath

Make one thing straight - this movie is neither a thriller nor a suspence, but a dark drama to find ones innerself - Talaash (meaning Search). This movie has more spiritual side than mystery. But where it fails is when it tries to assmeble the 2. Not in comparison, but remember Baba, how the spiritual message was overtaken by gimmicks ! Those who have read Paramhansa Yogananda & Swami Rama spiritual books would understand what I mean.

That said, Talaash is about a police officier; Surjan, investigating a high profile death - death of a Cinema Hero. The victim's car had broken the pavement and fallen into the sea, in which he is found dead by drowning. Surjan starts by deducing the facts and retracking the events that happened that night in the victim's life and comes to a conclusion that motive driven murder can't be ruled out. His entire team brigns up various motive like black mail, jealousy etc., and look for pieces to the puzzle. Eventhough Surjan's professional life is bright, his social life is a disaster. He lives with a guilt of killing his son - his son dies during a picnic trip, drowning due to ill attention from Surjan. This guilt drives him away to hold any personel relationship, including with his wife. They both live togehter as strangers.

As a glue to his personal and professional life, he comes in contact with a prostitute who not only guides him to the pieces of the murder puzzle, but also re-assures him and shows him the path to shed down his depression. Again, as a police officier he shines in the getting close to solving the case, but her intervention creates a huge distance between him and his wife as she thinks he has an affair.

How he manages to overcome these hurdles forms the rest of the story. Interestingly at the end, his 2 life gets interchaged on what he finds out - himself.

The film starts quite promisingly (in the likes of subramaniyapuram title cards), until the father angle to the story is brought up. Here starts a very hard hitting sadening drama - crying involved - that start to test your patience. Just while the tempo is regained with the investigation, again emotion come as a big speed breaker. No interesting techniques are used to solve the crime - another point that takes the viewers away from the proceedings. Calculations and facts are drawn like a 8 years doing mathematics. But true, thats not important though, as the writter uses the murder to bringout the darkness of the main character.

Actors do a good job, but after a while their long stiff faces tire you. Amir shines more as a depressed dad than an investigating police officier. Some menancing dialogues looks funny when he says it.

Another failure is the knot that the writer tries to put relating the 2 deaths by drowning and the main character - how Surjan overcomes 1 by solving the other. Reema Kagti has partially suceeded but how much the message has been passed to the viewers is the big question.

If you are into some dark emotional drama, where you as a viewer make judgements on the proceedings, go for it. Others please dont come back and complain.

Ps : The twist in the tamil movie which shares the same kind of twist is unpredictable than the twist in Talaash (If I say it, it would be spoilers). Its a disappointment for those looking for "twists".

mappi
3rd December 2012, 07:38 PM
Looper
Written & Directed by Rian Johnson
Starring : Bruce Willis, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Emily Blunt, Paul Dano, Noah Segan, Piper Perabo, Jeff Daniels
Music by Nathan Johnson

Sometime in the future, say 2040s, Joe is a hired killer defined as Looper. His contrat is to kill a person who would appear in a defined place at the said time. The package is actually from future, sent thru time travel by the far future mafia. By this killing, the victims death cannot be tracked in his time, as he actually dies in the past where his existance is unknown ... something like that.
But the mafia who operates these killing have a rule - the looper of a given period cannot deny the contrat to kill his futre-self., ie, 30 years from his retirement as lopper, he is sent back to get killed by himself ... !

So at a point, Joe finds himself in a position to kill his future self, Willis. Greedy Joe takes the shot, but deperate Willis escapes. Willis wants to get back in time to save his wife who was killed during his kidnap, but Joe wants him dead, finish his contract, make money and lead a life in France. Whereas, the reality is that he goes to China, gets married to a chinese, becomes Willis and comes back in time to get killed by himself.

When Willis, comes to the past, he brought with him 3 addresses, the address of the person who actually found this system. During this period, that person is a kid. Looking for Willis, Joe ends up in the right address, and wants to save the kid from bad Willis who wants to kill the kid so that neither he would not be in this position nor his wife would have died. Meanwhile Willis, kills 1 kid, finds out who the other is (twist) and comes to kill the 3rd.

Joe and Willis - who wins - how you win yourself - this and that - follows in the lines of Harrison Ford's Witness and torn novel pages of Stephen King.

The concept is very good, freash. The execution degrades as the movie advances. Towards the end you end up watching it keeping in mind you have paid to watch it.

Watch it for a completely different attempt, but lacks entertainement.

NOV
3rd December 2012, 07:49 PM
http://static.moviecrow.com/marquee/naduvula-konjam-pakkatha-kaanom-nkpk-release-date/9270_thumb_665.jpg

Almost 3 hours of story with no songs (there is a title song and there is a song during intermission)
Prem Kumar (Vijay Sethupathi) is all set to get married to his lover Dhanalakshmi (Gayathri). A day before his wedding, Prem decides to try his hand at playing cricket with his friends - Bagavathi (Bagavathi Perumal), Balaji (Rajkumar) and Saras (Vigneswaran). The game gets little serious and Prem in a bid to catch a ball falls down only to get injured in his head. He quickly gets back on his toes as the injury is no serious. But soon after the match, the friends are in for a shock. Prem forgets a few days of his life and develops short term memory loss wherein, he remembers his life till college and recognises his friends, but clueless about his marriage. Fearing troubles, the friends take him to a doctor, who says that he will recover anytime. So the friends plan to keep him in their company, enact all drama till he ties the wedding knot, with a hope that he would get back his memory.

Can see once for Vijay Sethupathi's acting...

mappi
3rd December 2012, 09:52 PM
Telugu Movie Trailer - Krishnam Vande Jagadgurum
Starring : Rana, Nayanthara (Itam songu by Sameera Reddy)
Written & Directed by Krish (Vanam movie director)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hI49p9eIC8

Read some good reviews about the movie.

directhit
4th December 2012, 08:33 AM
Talaash - why Aamir for this movie!? even Emran wud hv done it... guess my expectation was sky high :? just an ok movie..

VENKIRAJA
4th December 2012, 08:56 AM
Didn't find Surya's performance impressive. Was pretty much a cocktail of Vaaranam aayiram and ayan.
He has been doing only this the entire brightside of his career!

selvakumar
4th December 2012, 10:08 AM
Telugu Movie Trailer - Krishnam Vande Jagadgurum
Starring : Rana, Nayanthara (Itam songu by Sameera Reddy)
Written & Directed by Krish (Vanam movie director)

Read some good reviews about the movie.

Nayan looks great :slurp: . Trailer is good as well.

selvakumar
4th December 2012, 10:09 AM
He has been doing only this the entire brightside of his career!

:notthatway:

NOV
5th December 2012, 07:34 PM
http://posters.kollytalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Neerparavai-After-Release-Poster.png

Truly heart-warming story with a startling beginning. Story is told of a fisherman community with subtle references made to fisherman being shot to death, Tamil refugees from SriLanka, terrorism and other current issues.

Arulappasamy (Vishnu) is a young man who is an alcoholic and wastrel who is a constant embarrassment for his hardworking parents. Esther (Sunaina) is an orphan girl who is adopted by a nun and she stays in the church. Arulappan slowly gets attracted to Esther and his love for her, changes him. He gives up drinking and wants to work so that he can marry Esther. But the local fishermen do not allow him to go into the sea. The young man due to his determination buys a boat , marries his love and life is all rosy, till fate intervenes.

The entire movie was realistic, except for the conclusion. Well, maybe it can happen to some ppl.

DO NOT MISS!

Cinemarasigan
5th December 2012, 08:00 PM
Thanks Nov for the revu... mostly watching this weekend..

NOV
5th December 2012, 08:11 PM
watch with the family karthi... for the first time I saw alcoholism being shown on screen :clap:

the movie has many known faces like Nandita Das, Samuthirakani, Saranya Ponvannan, "Poo" Ram, Azhagam Perumal, Thambi Ramaiah, Vadivukkarasi and Pandi.

mappi
6th December 2012, 04:05 PM
In between Something Missing

Written & Directed by Balaji Tharaneetharan
Produced by V. S. Rajkumar
Music by Ved Shankar (Soundtrack) & Siddarth Vippin ( BGM score)

Cast
Vijay Sethupathi as Prem Kumar
Gayathri as Dhanalakshmi
Rajkumar as Balaji
Vigneswaran as Saras
Bagavathi Perumal as Bagavathi
Spl mention to that Barber & Doctor characters

Even in the promos + interveiws, the plot is releived. So nothing to say about its story. It revolves around 3 characters and the events happening after the temporary memory loss of 4th character. How the 3 friends struggle to continue to build the dream of thier victimed friend - getting him married to the girl he loves - while he is in the state of memory loss.

The opening song introduces us, with some impressing visuals, the characters of the film. In just 10 minutes you know who is who and whats their attitude/behavior. Then for the next 20+ minutes, the movie is taken in a canid way to establish the ground for the next 2+ hours. Until here its quite engaging. The initial moments when Prem suffers temprory memory loss, are funny. Then its gets repeative even though the Director tries to juggles with different scenes and suituations. A spl mention to the word 'Innachi" - the director has briliantly used this word in the suituations to highlight the memory loss happening in Prem.

'Yawning moments' cannot be dismissed. The long Reception and Marriage episodes make you fell that you have assisted - time wise - to these events. But still with some excellent acting, they do make us gigle here and there, but fail to capture our total attention.

Saras, Balaji & Baks are the main pillars to the movie, cemented well by Prem. As events unfold right before us, we are engaged merely by the seriousness shown by these characters. The sadness of the suituation is enacted very well by the 3. Close up shots bring up the emotion quite well on screen. Spl mention the the director to have chosen 4 to 5 events in total and move the story.

Prem has done extremely good supporting act, provking the excellant expressions from the other 3. Its quite difficult to be in all the scenes and still be engaged to the suituation. His physical moments is the code for the others reaction. If he fails, the domino would fall. Another thing is him uttering repeative dialogues. "n" number of times he tell the same lines with the same expression everytime. A very good performer.

The climax started of well, but again, it takes too long to settle down. And during the end credits, showing the real life friends on whom this story is developed, makes us easily link back to the movie and the reality.

A very good attempt from the team. Humour is everywhere.

You will certainly enjoy the movie and it will remind you of your "Set-tu" days.