PDA

View Full Version : Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Senareb
7th September 2012, 03:16 PM
Padaiyappaaaaaaa :smokesmirk:

Senareb
7th September 2012, 03:18 PM
MGR too did.

MGR died in 1987... ARR entered to TFI in 1992... :rotfl:

raajarasigan
7th September 2012, 03:50 PM
MG(R)avichandran was mottai boss Rajini's character name in Sivaji...

raghavendran
8th September 2012, 09:53 PM
Mounaguru on Suntv

very good thriller...another noteworthy film in 2011...really feel i missed watching it in theatre..

ajaybaskar
8th September 2012, 09:55 PM
Oh god.. Wanted to watch the film again but missed it. :(

raghavendran
8th September 2012, 10:06 PM
Oh god.. Wanted to watch the film again but missed it. :(romba nalla irunch..theatrela parthingala?

ajaybaskar
8th September 2012, 10:13 PM
Yes.. I did. :)

Heard that Santhakumar has committed his next project with Studio Green.

raghavendran
8th September 2012, 10:21 PM
oh thats good..seemed in control throughout the film....is it with one of the Bros?..

and any news on T.Kumararaja?...edachu commit ayirkara?...innoru vaippu kudukalam..:neutral:

ajaybaskar
8th September 2012, 10:35 PM
Either Karthi or Jiiva will be the hero in Santhakumar's film.

TK's next movie is for Y Not studios. Cast to be finalised. Scripting on

HonestRaj
9th September 2012, 05:55 PM
NAAN

- exceeds expectation
- screenplay is very good.. writer has not added a single unwanted scene.. i don't know whether it is copied or not
- ending is not so convincing
- other than this... let us see whether the director maintains the consistency
- gone through the discussions in previous pages..
- comparing with Mugamoodi.. here we are into the film right from the begining expecting what next..
- but in Mugamoodi.. director tests my patience.. imo, first 1/2 hr is very important time period in a film.. make or break the interest in watching the film.. even after 1/2 hr (in a run time of 2 1/2 hr.. means 20% of runtime) nothing interesting happened.. & he was not into the serious story telling.. so, after that whatever director did are funny for me...

NOV
9th September 2012, 05:57 PM
I can relate with you Karthik... best part is I watched Naan at 6pm and Mugamoodi at 9pm, on the same day :lol:

kameshratnam
10th September 2012, 01:06 PM
Watched Lorry Driver Rajakannu :

Nadigar thilagam who has spoken so much of powerful and meaningful dialogies

He sees sripriya and says Vada nalla irukkuma.... bring 2 idilis and one vada

He also asks her if she does not want to become a mother and b**** feed her baby

Once i really banged my head on my pillow

kid-glove
10th September 2012, 01:19 PM
Naan
- No side dish.
- 45 minutes of stuffing, before and after intermission
- crime with punishment.. then crime without punishment. With a correction facility in between. Lot of possibilities in exploring more, but ultimately it's the kind of 'guilt trip' without feeling the guilt. Making up one's own mind to lead on living. If so, why the sequence where he says he'd use up death of bhai's son to look after paralysed bhai? And what kind of parlour trick is that? Apparently now this boy travels faster than fax machine..
- I wonder how Honest could laugh at Naazar's NWSE but could take in this poor excuse of 'investigation'. AS Janagaraj could have craked this case.
- In age of facebook, twitter, instant TV, and newspaper, athuvum upper class 'family friends'. If the film didn't bother so much about plausibility, I would be able to see past it.
- Direction, much like lead protagonist, is a blank impersonal slate but functional. You have to fill in.
- Towel uruvi, khitan check.. Most clever writing of all. Also oddly, laugh worthy.

SoftSword
10th September 2012, 02:52 PM
and any news on T.Kumararaja?...edachu commit ayirkara?...innoru vaippu kudukalam..:neutral:

yaen modho vaaippa sariyaa use pannikkalayaa??

groucho070
10th September 2012, 03:29 PM
Watched Lorry Driver Rajakannu :Mate, why this poison test? verum pillow banging thAnA, cheh! :smile:

NOV
10th September 2012, 04:40 PM
Good news for those missed it: Naan has been re-released in some cinemas in Malaysia... those who missed it, now is your chance. :D

kid-glove
10th September 2012, 04:55 PM
It should be a BO success for its budget. It's very much in ballpark of plausibles who are easily taken in to illusion of plausibility.. Also, it has no meaningful ideology for audience to be repulsed by..

raghavendran
10th September 2012, 05:25 PM
yaen modho vaaippa sariyaa use pannikkalayaa??namma oorla first padam BO hit aaganum..illena kashtamdhan even if the movie is critically acclaimed..take the case of Katradhu thamizh Raam..first padam vandhu 5-6 yrs aachu..adutha padam innum veli varala..

personally i loved AK like everyone else..aana oru dvd releasukku kuda charan kitta kaasu illa..thats the problem

SoftSword
10th September 2012, 05:30 PM
vaasthavam dhaan...
but being the director he is, aduttha padamum avloperiya BO success'a irukka vaaippu kuraivu..

P_R
10th September 2012, 05:40 PM
.. Also, it has no meaningful ideology for audience to be repulsed by..
:lol:

HonestRaj
10th September 2012, 07:05 PM
Naan

- I wonder how Honest could laugh at Naazar's NWSE but could take in this poor excuse of 'investigation'. AS Janagaraj could have craked this case.

NAAN

- ending is not so convincing

:) ...

HonestRaj
10th September 2012, 07:09 PM
chinnadha oru question.. rombha periya discussion'ku kondupoga vendam..
idhe Mugamoodi'la jeeva'ku badhil Vijay nadichurundha.. jeeva oda performance'i appadiye match panraru vijay.. endha change'ume illai.. namma makkaL reaction ennava irukkum..

Senareb
10th September 2012, 07:15 PM
to aanastu : patha vachittiye paratta...:rotfl:

SoftSword
10th September 2012, 07:17 PM
idhe Mugamoodi'la jeeva'ku badhil Vijay nadichurundha.. jeeva oda performance'i appadiye match panraru vijay.. endha change'ume illai.. namma makkaL reaction ennava irukkum..

reaction ellaam irukkaadhu... only action...

kid-glove
10th September 2012, 07:21 PM
Mysskin padathulla evan nadicha ennangrEn

SoftSword
10th September 2012, 07:35 PM
neenga solradhu output... avar kaettadhu reception(BO)...

kid-glove
10th September 2012, 07:38 PM
Makkal reaction'lam oru madhiri twisted'a irukkum.

uruzalari
10th September 2012, 08:00 PM

Box office opening would have been tremendous... But the dissapointment would have been definitely more..... It looked as if jeeva itself did not have enough screenpresence in the second half if you ignore the portions in his Mugamoodi garb.....

SoftSword
10th September 2012, 08:05 PM
velayudham too was a bit superheroish no?
ajay/vinodh maedaikku varavum...

HonestRaj
10th September 2012, 08:46 PM
box office paththi yarunga pesuna..

HonestRaj
10th September 2012, 08:48 PM
velayudham too was a bit superheroish no?
ajay/vinodh maedaikku varavum...

last song threadla post pannanga.. idhai parthurukka mattangala :)

app_engine
10th September 2012, 08:50 PM
bAwarchi (1972, Hrishikesh Mukherjee / Rajesh Khanna / Jaya B / AB as narrator)

-sweet movie, didn't FF even the really long song (the only "thoyvu" part in the movie)
-both RK & JB are adorable
-music is top class, immensely enjoyable (Madan Mohan)
-will watch again with family (possibly more than once)
-want to check out more movies of this Hrishikesh :-)

V_S
10th September 2012, 08:59 PM
Very good App.:thumbsup: Madan Mohan always the best. I too am a big favorite of Hrishikesh Mukherjee movies right from his Asli-Naqli to Bawarchi, Anand, Abhimaan, Chupke Chupke to Golmaal. Same way another director whose movie I like is Basu Chatterjee (chitchor, chotti si baat, baton baton mein and many more). Very entertaining movies of 70s. Yes most of their films had excellent music.

kameshratnam
10th September 2012, 11:13 PM
Mate, why this poison test? verum pillow banging thAnA, cheh! :smile:

It was a poison test. For that matter the following films should be avoided by one and all but they can be seen for whole hearted laughing purposes

Vetriku Oruvan - Sivaji a college boy - His actual age during that movie would have been 50 plus and major sundararajan would act as his father -

thirisoolam - SUMATHEEEEEEEEEEE ROFL MAX

Hilter Umanath

BEST OF ALL - EXAM Ku time aachu and it had a so called comedian Y G M ....

Movie Cop
10th September 2012, 11:53 PM
Billa 2 on youteep! :oops:

Watched like ~ 65-70 min of the movie. So far not bad, the movie is OK. It is more like a history channel documentary of the rise of David Billa.

So far, movie operates at the fast forward mode and the narration style is focussed only on the bottom line of the events rather than focussing on the leadup/staging side of things (which is usually the fluff/meat that adds up in other movies however good or bad it is). Ajith's "I'm just going to maintain my poker face" makes him look more Jason Bourne-ish whose only goal is survival. That poker face also adds to the intensity of the stinging onliners that comes out (every now and then) out of Ajith's mouth.

60-70 nimutes of the movie remba quick-uhh thaan pochu... Will probably continee today or tomorrow to wrap up the remaining. The only (albeit major) complaint I've so far is that the movie is too simplistic (i.e. no big supsense or thrill or twists so far).

kid-glove
11th September 2012, 02:21 AM
Mounaguru

- Plot-based thriller far far superiorly made with semblance of directorial voice, than an empty suspense film like Naan which introduces a whole lot of characters who have access to the truth (but in a compromised way), but could not put together.. Here, the truth is well known among the lot, but it's bleak enough to suspect this truth from being made in to a readily accessible entity, as if this is ever possible.. It treats it with nihilistic self-induced silence of the title and the character. A whole new vantage point that might be much closer to the 'real' truth
- This might be my favourite passive non-acting performance for a while now. Well cast for the role. That extra notch above Vijay Anthony, despite slight resemblance to Jithan Ramesh, he actually has that early Ajith look + soft pitch in the voice that works for roles like this..

groucho070
11th September 2012, 06:09 AM
Penmani Aval Kanmani

Visu and Prathap = hilarious. Don't remember liking it back then, but now it works very well. They should have done sequel. Same Prathap appeared as Dhanush's father in Padikathavan.

gaddeswarup
11th September 2012, 07:12 AM
1968 documentary on film and dance in Madras. Some of the commentary is politically incorrect but Malle seems eager to explore and record his initial reactions without fear. He seems to find people on the street better looking than some of the actors. Here is the first part, the next two are more about dance with some derogatory comments about foreigners learning bharatantayam.Worth a look I think
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JB_Mqm1tV8&feature=bf_next&list=UUwZe40roJacf6xx9dRLuEeg
The next two are uploaded by the same person and easy to find clicking on the uploader's name.

jaiganes
11th September 2012, 07:55 AM
Mounaguru

- Plot-based thriller far far superiorly made with semblance of directorial voice, than an empty suspense film like Naan which introduces a whole lot of characters who have access to the truth (but in a compromised way), but could not put together.. Here, the truth is well known among the lot, but it's bleak enough to suspect this truth from being made in to a readily accessible entity, as if this is ever possible.. It treats it with nihilistic self-induced silence of the title and the character. A whole new vantage point that might be much closer to the 'real' truth
- This might be my favourite passive non-acting performance for a while now. Well cast for the role. That extra notch above Vijay Anthony, despite slight resemblance to Jithan Ramesh, he actually has that early Ajith look + soft pitch in the voice that works for roles like this..
join me in the minority of 'udhayanidhi' likers in hub...
This movie has that 'Coen' brothers style of 'good plans gone awry' dark comedy executed with surprising panache for kozhikattai.

ecureuhapis
11th September 2012, 09:18 AM
This movie has that 'Coen' brothers style of 'good plans gone awry' dark comedy executed with surprising panache for kozhikattai.

arulnithi.

selvakumar
11th September 2012, 10:26 AM
Penmani Aval Kanmani

Visu and Prathap = hilarious. Don't remember liking it back then, but now it works very well. They should have done sequel. Same Prathap appeared as Dhanush's father in Padikathavan.
:thumbsup: Good movie. Vishu and Prathap - :lol: Too good..Don't remember his role in Padikkathavan.

kid-glove
11th September 2012, 12:04 PM

Liker'lam ileenga, indha role'ku correct'a porundhura type

Yeah even I was trying to think that way, but there wasn't the dark grey humour

And of course pregnant investigator. Can I also say this is much more deserving of Coenesque than Kahaani.

Ensemble cast were again good casting.

groucho070
11th September 2012, 12:10 PM
:thumbsup: Good movie. Vishu and Prathap - :lol: Too good..Don't remember his role in Padikkathavan.There he's frustrated with his father. Here he is frustrated with son, similar acting (is Padikadhavan Telugu remake?). The scene where he is chased away by his father at old folks home is a riot!!!

Siv.S
11th September 2012, 12:36 PM
Naan - good and gripping till interval,then after its a pointless movie....

P_R
11th September 2012, 12:39 PM
Saw first hour or so of mounaguru. nallArunch.
Nesst trip pfullA paarthuraNum.

P_R
11th September 2012, 12:41 PM
arulnithi.

VENKIRAJA
11th September 2012, 01:21 PM
Saw first hour or so of mounaguru. nallArunch.
Nesst trip pfullA paarthuraNum.

Equanimar Fargo-MG pathi romba vivarama pesikittu irundhaaru. Gavanicheera? I expected you to barge in there. Mm. Paath seinga.

inazerowmo
11th September 2012, 01:37 PM
Penmani Aval Kanmani
Visu and Prathap = hilarious. Don't remember liking it back then, but now it works very well. I felt the same, groucho. The movie was simply hilarious!

kid-glove
11th September 2012, 01:39 PM
Equa pesuna Link irukka?

P_R
11th September 2012, 02:29 PM
pArthEn..aanaa Mounaguru pAkkalainRadhaala feecher-la joind paNNikkilaamnu vittuttEn.

kid-glove
11th September 2012, 02:37 PM
There is NO Fargo in MG. Would be disappointed if Equa said so..

kid-glove
11th September 2012, 02:40 PM
There's no Fargo in Kahaani either, you have something of Coenesque semblances in plot & characters of MG more than Kahaani, but these are very superficial & doesn't matter. However, I seem to remember Jai's comment in BR blog and now here as well, alluding towards Coen. Would like to know in what way, other than glacial inspirations?

P_R
11th September 2012, 03:25 PM
avar solluvArA. kooda pEsittu irundhavar konjam 'adhulErndhu dhaan idhu vandhudhu' type.
ivar maRuththu pEsikittu irundhaar. Link kidaikka mAttikki. avarE vandhu eduththu tharuvaar.

Bala (Karthik)
11th September 2012, 04:50 PM
There is NO Fargo in MG. Would be disappointed if Equa said so..
Equa said the same (no Fargo) IIRC

kid-glove
11th September 2012, 04:53 PM
Ah okay. The way Venki put it across, I thought Equa linked it..

Btw, following Naan, Mounaguru... Attakathi tonight. Manja boots tomorrow. GoW day after..

VENKIRAJA
11th September 2012, 06:15 PM
Ah okay. The way Venki put it across, I thought Equa linked it..
Illa illa.. I felt Equa was the lone crusader fighting the cause.
Since I didn't observe Fargo deep enough, I couldn't argue loudly. Illeenna dhum kattirukalaam.
Knowing P_R's love for Fargo, I was anticipating him.

kid-glove
11th September 2012, 06:40 PM
Having watched both the films, I'm astounded how it's even compared beyond the superficial parallel(s). Kahaani, even worse. If we ever use an investigative pregnant woman, it gets compared to Fargo, however meaningless.

Nerd
11th September 2012, 06:43 PM
But you can't deny that the makers of mounaguru had Fargo in mind while casting the investigative officer as a pregnant woman. It should not be compared, we can just take it as kind of a tribute, like how Vetrimaaran paid tribute to cache for that slitting the throat scene.

jaiganes
11th September 2012, 10:51 PM
But you can't deny that the makers of mounaguru had Fargo in mind while casting the investigative officer as a pregnant woman. It should not be compared, we can just take it as kind of a tribute, like how Vetrimaaran paid tribute to cache for that slitting the throat scene.

not just that, plot point similarities like a 'group' trying to take advantage of an accident leading to 'consequences' beyond their control and things spiralling into a FUBAR - I can only think of Coen brothers
who have done that repeatedly and consistently well on the screen. Here the antagonist's plans derail not due to regular 'hero' standing up to a cause, but by pure 'chance' and whimsical collaborators. From that regard there are
some tangential and derivative nods to the duo's work. The other track that tracks hero's life is nothing coen about it...

jaiganes
11th September 2012, 10:52 PM

also why 'uma riaz' if not for the striking facial similarity to 'Frances McDormand' - having said that, she was 199% apt for the role than any other female in kozhi kattai.

kid-glove
11th September 2012, 11:27 PM
Thanks guys, but these are all broad similarities, right?

That pregnancy detail actually didn't matter at all, on any level. But it does seem like the extra bit of detail was merely added to help create some kind of investment in that character being in charge of investigation. But again, it doesn't rise beyond the cosmetic touch because Uma isn't involved directly here and she's not going to be under danger. There's also the dialogue where Vijay Anthony warns Selvam how she's quite good at picking up the scent and to be wary of her..

I get the comparison with things FUBAR, but this is all generic to films of this genre. The lack of trust, incompetence and in-fights.

Again, it's about "how" it breaks out and how things go balls up. With the writer/filmmaker necessarily wanting to explore the thematic and dramatic possibilities.

Take up that dinner sequence in Fargo, that's a hugely important sequence. Here, the closest to that pivotal moment is with Selvam's trepidation that arouses her to suspect and she immediately follows up with coffee shop despite having chartered it to Selvam. But again, here lies the difference in doing it more plot based, while Fargo is more intimately tied to its gender politics. There were much more of parallels with different characters, all with thematic weight, right? Here, I believe it's the bleakness of the truth from truly ever breaking out, or being made in to a readily accessible entity, as if this is ever possible.. Nihilistic muteness of 'truth', therefore the protagonist truly deserving of being the 'hero', made it work. Now, if we were to dig out gender-based Coenesque study, we have to stretch to contrast the male characters here, & link the call girl and the pregnant cop, especially when these characters are less defined & their situations not particularly underlined in the visual/narrative level. Unlike Fargo, with both Mcdormand and William Macy's relationships etched, here we don't even know Uma's familial background. Also, we only have Vijay Anthony's manchild here. Male characters in Fargo(or BAR) are all spectral variations of the male, with inherent weakness of the gender. There's no such study in MG.

app_engine
12th September 2012, 07:15 AM
maRupadiyum
(Balu Mahendra / Revathy / nizhaLgaL Ravi / Aravindasamy / Rohini, rAsA music)

:thumbsup:

kid-glove
12th September 2012, 03:31 PM
One of my great regrets is to have watched it in unimpressionable age. BR's PP with Revathi-Pandian wasn't ideal either. In fact, the period (mid-80's to early 90's with Nizhalgaal ravi, Raghuvaran and so on) got little too populated with husband stereotypes.

Years later, I got to see Arth and was impressed. Might want to revisit Marupadiyum again.

equanimus
12th September 2012, 08:57 PM
That மௌனகுரு-Fargo discussion (started off with @orupakkam and @venkiraja and I kinda barged in) was quite long. The last 3 twitlonger posts are the ones referred to here, but they may not make sense without some of the earlier tweets, so reproducing them (after putting together disjointed tweets) too here...

@orupakkam: They tried making it in Tamil as மௌனகுரு which is decent attempt. But it lacks the nuances of orig.

@venkiraja: Mounaguru has nuances of its own. Uma Riaz's character paid some tribute. Nothing more.

@equanimus: [If I may barge in] Yeah, nothing at all borrowed from Fargo. Very unfair to even say they tried making it.

@orupakkam: >Nothing at all< I beg to disagree. Lets move on :-) It is definitely not a scene-by-scene attempt. But the inspiration is glaring to ignore. If you had read Thi Ja's 'Akbar Sasthri', then you may feel Sujatha's 'Vimanam' has a striking resembl. to former

@equanimus: There's an obvious nod to Fargo with Uma Riyaz's pregnant police woman character. But what is borrowed? Mounaguru is serious throughout with a Kireedam type story with the hero's situation spiraling from bad to worse. Tonally very different from Fargo which is much more dry and deadpan. Honestly, I don't see any similarity.

@orupakkam: The parallel thread where the group of police met with the road acc. and got hold of huge cash, which triggers a series of crime and the prostitute link helps the investigation to track down shares the same pattern of story telling from the former. Though, discussing about Fargo made me think about Mounaguru, I did not mean it was a complete remake. :-)

@equanimus: But these aren't common plot points in any sense! The road accident is the start point here, the prostitute's role is much more important (in Fargo it's a mere detail!) and so on. The premise of a stash of cash, parallel threads connected etc. are Hollywood/indie cinema influences no doubt but there's no Fargo IMO.

@orupakkam: http://t.co/EsqBQSSC

@equanimus: http://t.co/QtXLc6LP

@orupakkam: http://t.co/EEupLe9H

kid-glove
12th September 2012, 10:11 PM
Thanks equa. Orupakkam's reductive views are what I deeply resist.

Plum
12th September 2012, 10:31 PM
indha discussion epdi pOyirukkunnA....

@orupakkan: Fargo remake fail #mounaguru (watches over left and right - Ahn evanum vevaram therinjavan illai. post paNNiralAm
@venkiraja: Eh? epdi?
@orupakkan:Ahn adhellAm apdi thAn ivanai samALichuralAm
@equa: may i Come in
@orupakkan: (AhA! vandhuttAnyA vandhuttAnyA ivanai samALikka mudiyAdhu surrender dhAn)
he he Let's move on...
@equa: dei, namma innum pEsavE ArambikkalaidA idhai paththi, dhukkuLLa enna move-on?

Clear case of vethu vEttu speaking above station in the firm belief that there is nobody around to question them or evne if there are, those real vevaram therinjavans are polite enough for these vetis to obfuscate and make it seem like they are talking equally to the vevarma therinjavan.

SoftSword
12th September 2012, 10:36 PM
oneside is a hubber by any chance?

equanimus
12th September 2012, 10:43 PM
Plum, அப்படில்லாம் நடக்கல. Please do not presume things, and he's not around to respond to you. And in any case, I was the one who entered into the conversation (as I am generally curious about how such things gets formulated and propagated). He was just talking to someone on twitter about something.

Plum
12th September 2012, 10:47 PM
Equa - I just foun dthe "Lets move on" even before the discussion started in real terms ,funny. And that too, the moment you entered. It seemed like throwing in the towel right away to me. Even now, reading it in sequence, it seems to me that he was making it up as he went. I can recognise the symptoms.

P_R
12th September 2012, 10:49 PM
VantaaryA map pOduravaru :lol2: enakkum sErththu pOduyyA.

equanimus
12th September 2012, 11:01 PM
Plum,
Firstly (I wanted to emphasize this in the first post itself but thought I shouldn't take myself too seriously!), it's just some of the tweets that I've put together (i.e. combined) here just to give the right context for the twitlonger posts. In the process, I've also strung together tweets that were in reply to different tweets. "Let's move on" was in reply to my tweet and the subsequent line was actually in reply to @venkiraja who had then (after he said, "I beg to disagree.") asked if he could elaborate further on the traces of similarity. I've put together some of them. Time illai-nnA "let's move on"-nu dhAn solluvAnga.

idhukku pEsAma nAn as usual verbatim quote-E paNNirukkalAm (with links). konjam relevance pAththu ippadi Ayiruchchu.

kid-glove
12th September 2012, 11:11 PM

Someone has to do it. :noteeth:

Flu,
:clap: :lol:

Plum
12th September 2012, 11:20 PM
Equa, cler me about this - appuRam badhil solREn

That "Let's move on" came immediately after you said "May I come in" - correct or wrong?

P_R
12th September 2012, 11:30 PM
Someone has to do it. :noteeth:

summAvE naan kaattu kaattu nu kaattuvEn...

app_engine
12th September 2012, 11:35 PM
நேற்று மறுபடியும் பார்த்தேன்...

இன்று பாலு மகேந்திரா (http://filmmakerbalumahendra.blogspot.com/2012/09/blog-post.html) பிளாக் பார்த்தேன்...

kid-glove
13th September 2012, 04:23 AM
Attakathi

- Seamless performances & well controlled mood/tone makes it one of the rare functioning plot-less 'hang out' flicks in TFI..
- Nice musical choices to get 'attakathi' tone without a pitch high or less
- Got the changeover of youth of that period well. The early Alaipayuthey/Ajith-Vijay, then the brief interlude of Gilli/Mounam Pesudhey 'geththu' attempts, then once again, undoing it back to that.
- The film is concious of its tribute(s) to Vijay from predominant 'lous' phase to Gilli, with lyrics, posters or what have you. The ending however is the kind of swipe at 'Shahjahan' I would gladly welcome.. About time too.
- For once, woman not functioning for the male protagonist. Nor is it reduced in to a Mounam PesiyadhE. One of life's big mystery is how post-2000 TFI reward characters like Surya's, rugged behaviour where they're quick to insult and look down.. behave like they're 'so geththu' (without being truly challenged or punctured, with convenience by filmmakers).. behave in a 'arrogant' way.. More likely to turn off women for meaningful relationships.
- A consensual fling in the bus sets a false guilt trap, without having to sermonize or censure that heavily, public indecency aside, it doesn't really make or break things
- For most part, nice set-ups of the period.. except Share Auto (was it a concept of 2000-02 Chennai/Kancheepuram/Chengalpet villages)
- The detailing of the early 00 phase with no Cell phones or head phones, when people actually had to look up, see each other, hear each other out, crack jokes, the songs to get through the elaborate journey and general mundaneness of life. from having to be forced into watching TV shows when women get to swear at the conniving Male twunts. Then the college phase, share auto & then cell phones were OK. (2002 still early, but we had that Reliance 500 offer break out on a mass scale)
- They've been careful to turn on its head, the domestic violence of Kalavaani (which might be more honest but was it right, I'll leave it you), they get the mother of the girl to lash out the broomstick, and the male lead's mother here is pretty much the head of the household. Btw the husband's a riot without being out of ordinary.

groucho070
13th September 2012, 07:00 AM
Nettrikann again on TV. Our station seem to love this movie.

Alasavendiyathu alasiyAchu. By the by, there was actually one disturbing scene. In the college. Professor would be lecturing, look at Rajini. He'd stare at him like he wants to rape the professor. And when the girl shows her palm to him, showing her interest in him, he glowers at her. What does that suggest to you eh?

kid-glove
13th September 2012, 10:30 AM
Is the professor he or she?

groucho070
13th September 2012, 10:39 AM
He, Anumanthu I think.

Acting went wrong. Supposed to be "paying attention".

groucho070
13th September 2012, 10:42 AM
18.50 onwards

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_a8Q5U1aCY8&feature=watch-now-button&wide=1

kid-glove
13th September 2012, 10:44 AM
So Rajini is a sex predator like Michael Fassbender in Shame, animalistic enough to look past the type of sex. Not to be confused with bi.

groucho070
13th September 2012, 10:51 AM
He won't even touch her when he had the opportunity. His father is a chronic womaniser; imagine what it does to his childhood, and how subsequently it affected his own sexual preference and the need to conform to the social norms where he accepts her but never touches her. KB/Visu, what are you trying to say man?

Bala (Karthik)
13th September 2012, 10:55 AM
KB/Visu, what are you trying to say man?
"Oorukku ubadhesam" paathirukkela? pona vaaram sila kaatchigal paathen. Enna puratchi, Enna liberation. What ya climax :clap: :lol2:

groucho070
13th September 2012, 10:58 AM
Young time pArthathu. Can't remember. But Visu movies always welcome.

Dinesh84
13th September 2012, 10:58 AM
Is the professor he or she?

maru vesathula vanthu post panrengala kg_2?

kid-glove
13th September 2012, 11:09 AM
I didn't see the clip. So it's young Rajini involved in this sequence, not the dad, the sex predator.

Btw, that aspect of womanizing dad-traumatized son being rendered confused or asexual in a way, yet to stand for monogamy and chastity, didn't seem well explored there. SPM not quite cut out for that.

kid-glove
13th September 2012, 11:17 AM
Groucho,
Saw the clip. That's Rajini trying hard to look like studious. As a drop out, I'm assuming Rajini must have dreaded the part of being a good student more than part of being a womanizer.

Neenga vera... professor'a rape panra madhiri ellam illai.. Naan vEra ennanavO karpanai pannikuttu irundhEn. Eppo Father RAjini professor + woman opening her palm sequence'lam varum'nu.

Have tol watch it next time it's on TV.

groucho070
13th September 2012, 11:26 AM
Haha, enakku appadi tonichi.

Well, education fetish is involved, father sleeps with his violin teacher. Yeah, you got to watch it. Love to know your take on Daddy Rajini's performance.

ajaybaskar
13th September 2012, 11:27 AM
Groucho,

Woman opening palm is Menaka, right? No wonder in Rajni not interested.

groucho070
13th September 2012, 11:42 AM
:lol: Yeah, it's her.

SoftSword
13th September 2012, 04:22 PM
yov yov... ungala ellaam...

Sid_316
13th September 2012, 10:11 PM
Whattey discussion :clap: :lol:

Arvind Srinivasan
13th September 2012, 11:25 PM
yov yov... ungala ellaam...

:rotfl:....

app_engine
13th September 2012, 11:31 PM
Parts of 'dharmaththin thalaivan'...

Quite entertaining, even after many years :-)

kid-glove
14th September 2012, 12:03 AM
After absent minded Rajini dies, it's not quite entertaining.

app_engine
14th September 2012, 12:17 AM
After absent minded Rajini dies, it's not quite entertaining.

Watched pAthi only :-)

Yes, I remember the later part being a masAlA...I was basically thrilled to see the 80's Bangalore on-screen....lot of nostalgia :-)

kid-glove
14th September 2012, 12:22 AM
I don't mind masala, I like it when it's done well.

app_engine
14th September 2012, 09:29 AM
ok, watched a garam masAlA...

Captain Prabhakaran...lengthy but impressive!

19thmay
14th September 2012, 10:24 AM
Boss E Baskaran - After watching OK OK this movie is like a classic. Apart from Santhanam- Arya and Nayanthara :clap: , Panchu Subbu, that VJ sister, Chitra Lakshmanan all equally played their part unlike OKOK. Special credit to Nayanthara, her facial expressions in the first half, dialogue delivery :bow:

19thmay
14th September 2012, 10:25 AM
Honestly I didn like BEB when I watched it for the first time, now I am getting addicted.

SoftSword
14th September 2012, 03:02 PM
Honestly I didn like BEB when I watched it for the first time, now I am getting addicted.

++
anytime...

(bala inga illayae...)

groucho070
14th September 2012, 03:19 PM
Take out Arya, the movie sucks. Arya's indifference to his friends' suffering, the stupid arrogance, the universe revolves around me attitude actually makes him a lot funnier from our perspective. Santhanam is just recycling annan's long-suffering-friend of SR shtick. Having said that, Santhanam still did a good job. Revisitable movie anytime (now for me, I don't remember what was my initial comment). As for Nayanthara, always in my good book.

P_R
14th September 2012, 03:23 PM
:x yuvar all under arrest

soora mokkai

Parthyy
14th September 2012, 03:29 PM
true.without arya movie is waste..BEB is kaaviyam..anytime mindless fun..

SoftSword
14th September 2012, 03:36 PM
yov... a movie works in its combination no?
apram enna without him, without her...

groucho070
14th September 2012, 03:50 PM
Irukku boss, pala examples. Just think of all your favourites and some of the films that'd suck without them. You still revisit them because of them, illayA? A central figure must make it work, whether it's the hero, or heroine, or the comedian, or the composer, or the caterer...someone!

edit. films like pattakatti bhairavan, nAnum oru tozhilAli and pAyum puli are exempted from this argument. They should burn in hell!!!!!

Parthyy
14th September 2012, 03:53 PM
^^yes nayan,santhanam would have done parts well but if you imagine simbu,jeeva etc in place of arya..will be epic disaster
groucho nailed it correctly stupid arrogance
delly belly remake arya casted for imran khan is damn perfect sure wil be laugh riot like oram po,beb...

kid-glove
14th September 2012, 04:05 PM
delly belly remake arya casted for imran khan is damn perfect sure wil be laugh riot like oram po,beb...

Delly belly worked not because of Imran, but for the new faces in the cast, and Vijay Raaz. With Nazar playing VR's character, Santhanam going to carry over his interjecting comedy here, which wasn't really a facet of the original film. Original film had lions share of toilet humor and worked more for non-verbal aspect of it.

SoftSword
14th September 2012, 04:07 PM
Delly belly worked not because of Imran, but for the new faces in the cast, and Vijay Raaz. With Nazar playing VR's character, Santhanam going to carry over his interjecting comedy here, which wasn't really a facet of the original film. Original film had lions share of toilet humor and worked more for non-verbal aspect of it.

ya, shit works..

kid-glove
14th September 2012, 04:11 PM
Plus cockroaches (opening credits had its LOL's in crowd), and falling ceiling..

SoftSword
14th September 2012, 04:13 PM
just wondering what would be the tamil version of bose d k...

Parthyy
14th September 2012, 04:52 PM

Agreed i said for that role in tamil arya is perfect.not sure how better nazar gonna do vijay raaz

SoftSword
14th September 2012, 06:10 PM
nazar is that pepper nosed guy from avathaaram??

littlemaster1982
14th September 2012, 06:20 PM

soora mokkai

I too don't get how BEB gets "aaha, oho" from everyone. Had mild smiles in few scenes. Avlodhan :|

SoftSword
14th September 2012, 06:24 PM
I too don't get how BEB gets "aaha, oho" from everyone. Had mild smiles in few scenes. Avlodhan :|

thats how it was for me in my first time watch...

Bala (Karthik)
14th September 2012, 08:18 PM

soora mokkai
:yes:

Bala (Karthik)
14th September 2012, 08:18 PM
Delhi Belly in TN, vaaippe illai whatsoeva

SoftSword
14th September 2012, 08:27 PM
:yes:

Nerd
14th September 2012, 08:53 PM
BEB - 1st half funny, YES. Mainly because of Arya (and Santhanam chemistry). 2nd half mostly torchal.

DB - I dint really like it. It was not as great as it was made out to be. It was an OKish film. And Arya >>>>>> Imran anyway. But I would not pay to watch this remake.

kid-glove
14th September 2012, 09:06 PM
DB is not great, but it's a fun watch which clearly works in ways that TFI humour does not (unless we go as far back to Pushpak? Which is a Bangalore Belly and far superior to not stay with lavatory laughs). As B(K) put it, it's not cut out for TN. It does seem made for Delhi. Hinglish dialogues with good representation of bachelor life in our national capital. It's wickedly funny without being underlined and stressed. Somehow this will all be played out loud with the given cast. The pacing, tone and mood of DB will be missed. Even if you don't laugh out loud, you've got a film to be experienced. So much so one is making contorted faces at shitastic puns.

ajaybaskar
14th September 2012, 09:58 PM
Sundarapandian

Good time pass movie. predictable storyline but the presentation was good.

Sasi comes out of Madurai. This time it is Usilampatti.

Plum
14th September 2012, 10:26 PM
indha padaththa First dayvA? Ratchagan 17 muRai pArthadhula adhisayamE illai!
(4 maasam Achu indha matter paththi pEsi - it's high time...)

srimal
15th September 2012, 01:17 AM
sundarapandian padathukku yen thaniya thread illai ?? Sashikumar actingku ivlo fans irukkanganu innaiku s2 theyagaraja-la therinjadhu...

movie is in his usual style.. but good timepass... heroine yaaru ?? she is cute and can act :)

matha actors yaarnu names therla - but cast was really good... direction and editing was good too...
songs romba pramadhama illainu audio release appo ninaichaen - but padathoda flow affect pannama pochu - very nice to hear original madurai-theni slang on screen... !!

Anban
15th September 2012, 02:05 AM
Sundarapandian ...

The movie is full of unnecessary buildups ..

Characterisation was very very cliched in many cases .. it is fairly gripping .. the climax is well taken ..

I didn't like it in totality ..

ajaybaskar
15th September 2012, 02:16 AM
I had no idea of watching the movie. But last night I got some good reviews from people who watched the preview. Hence watched. Not disappointed at all. :)

kid-glove
15th September 2012, 02:39 AM
Think I will download it.

Just like how I read some comment on "Eppadi Manasukkul Vanthai" being a better adaptation of Talented Mr.Ripley than "Naan". So I have it on my desktop. Print's not so good. Lotus DVD RIP, my ____.

app_engine
15th September 2012, 06:29 AM
Anand (Rajesh Khanna, Amitabh, Hrishikesh Mukherjee direction, Salilda music)

Different movie...songs are nice but speed breakers... the wonderful female solo got reused by the MD in BM's azhiyAdha kOlangaL (nAn eNNum pozhudhu)...

Strictly one-time watch...(supposedly a super hit those days, AB's first film may be)

Senareb
15th September 2012, 08:15 AM
BARFI...Speechless !!!

wt a movie yaar... Another national award is on the way for Priyanka...

Priyanka paarkka've paavama irukku... natural acting...

nd Ranbir-such a charming..paiyan 'Rockstar' padam appuram acting'la sema improvementuuu....

Anurag.. thx. for giving such a wonderful moments... :bow:

am sure i wil watch at least 4 times in theatre....

Anban
15th September 2012, 08:24 AM
Hindi oliga ..

NOV
15th September 2012, 08:33 AM
Hindi oliga ..
planning to watch pagaan today :think:

Senareb
15th September 2012, 08:37 AM
Hindi oliga ..

u cant say tis after seeing' Barfi'....

pls. watch...

jaiganes
15th September 2012, 10:45 AM
watching 'digambara saamiyar' in jaya movies - move aside S.Balachander fans - your challenge is 'T.R.Sundaram' the director of this movie..
screenplay magic. and nambiyar and chakrapaani's performances are apt. need to revisit the movie - dialogues are very modern... revisit pannanum...

geno
15th September 2012, 10:58 AM
watching 'digambara saamiyar' in jaya movies - move aside S.Balachander fans - your challenge is 'T.R.Sundaram' the director of this movie..
screenplay magic. and nambiyar and chakrapaani's performances are apt. need to revisit the movie - dialogues are very modern... revisit pannanum...

Esp. the scenes where the Judge played by MG chakrabani "ottifies" the "arasanga tharappu vakkeel" D. Balasubramanian, on the advice of Digambara samiyar(nambiar)!.
The breaking down of the evi llawyer, using CIA inspired techniques......that was interesting.

Anban
15th September 2012, 11:01 AM

pls. watch...

Tell that in Hindi flims section .. not in Tamil movies section ..

I will never support Hindi or Hindi cinema ..

geno
15th September 2012, 11:09 AM
<signature>

perhaps, it should have been like this?:

நேற்று முன்னிரவில் உன் நித்திலப் பூமடியில், காற்று நுழைவது போல் - உயிர் கலந்து களித்திருந்தேன்....
இன்று வெண்ணிலவில் அந்த ஈர நினைவில் கன்று தவிப்பது போல்... மனம் கலங்கிப் புலம்புகிறேன்....
கூந்தல் நெளிவில் எழில் கோலச் சரிவில்... கர்வம் அழிந்ததடி.. என் கர்வம் அழிந்ததடி..

geno
15th September 2012, 11:11 AM

pls. watch...

Perhaps you are discounting the possibility that we might actually watch Barfi, like it and still say "Hindhi ozhiga"?

Senareb
15th September 2012, 11:27 AM
perhaps, it should have been like this?:

நேற்று முன்னிரவில் உன் நித்திலப் பூமடியில், காற்று நுழைவது போல் - உயிர் கலந்து களித்திருந்தேன்....
இன்று வெண்ணிலவில் அந்த ஈர நினைவில் கன்று தவிப்பது போல்... மனம் கலங்கிப் புலம்புகிறேன்....
கூந்தல் நெளிவில் எழில் கோலச் சரிவில்... கர்வம் அழிந்ததடி.. என் கர்வம் அழிந்ததடி..

thank u for highlighting... actually i typed it in tis link (http://www.google.com/transliterate)...
My eyes dint go back after type in english.. typo error... :)

nd its காற்று நுழைவதேனோ bt not காற்று நுழைவது போல்...

nd also its கன்று தவிப்பதேனோ bt not கன்று தவிப்பது போல்..

hope am correct...:)

Senareb
15th September 2012, 11:34 AM
Perhaps you are discounting the possibility that we might actually watch Barfi, like it and still say "Hindhi ozhiga"?

naan intha vilaiyaattukku varala... :yessir:

selvakumar
15th September 2012, 11:56 AM
desamuduru - :rotfl: Puri J's worst film ever. Fight ellam sema comedy. Naama telugu villains ah stereotype pannura maathiri, ivanungalum tamil villainnah oru vetti sattai, viboothi, lady's na pattu podavai + kunguman purinji vachirukkira arivu :clap:

But Hansika super pa :P esp in that Sanyasini dress. Telugu cinema imagination vaazhga.

ajaybaskar
15th September 2012, 12:01 PM
She was lean and good looking then..

MADDY
15th September 2012, 12:05 PM
Bollywood,
Hindi cinema,
hindi language,
hindi speaking common man,
hindi speaking ignorant people who think hindi is universal,
hindi speaking racist tards,

are all different things............pls dont confuse by putting all of the above in one umbrella........posting abt hindi films in tamil films section is nothing wrong, IMO......

selvakumar
15th September 2012, 12:13 PM
She was lean and good looking then..
Yes. She looked great in the first song. Ippo Namitha levelngirathu vera vishayam.

kid-glove
15th September 2012, 03:56 PM
Bhuavana oru kelvi kuri

- Late 70's TFI is peerless in inversion of screen registry
- Sivakumar's clean slate obviously helps build the false facade to get to his means, in a way, his shortcomings as an actor to suggest mean streak might have worked in him having some human dimensions despite his persuasion, both woman and money
- Rajini's subdued presence alone is enough to subvert his negative screen persona, the whole selfless streak seems convincing. But this again, is a man who has lost his woman and trying to reclaim/erase it, with this bit of martyrdom, the illusion of giving his life a meaning, seems OK
- Women far from being KB type i.e sacrificial machinations at play end up feeling empowered. It is okay to suggest it's all societal, familial and monetary pressures, but it's how the two letter acronymed filmmaker perversely repeats this theme without much nuance, sensitivity and fragility (Melodrama for all senses and purposes as immediate "consequence" of harmony, not a "comeuppance" as it's usually suggested, I'd accept the latter if it gives me other payoffs, which some KB films do) that gets my goat
- YGM's role. The economy helps.. mokkai pOdama sethu tholainjan. One nice bit of dialogue which closes with 'kaaranam illama dhaadi valartha.. Hippie'. I'd be amazed if it came off him..

Plum
15th September 2012, 03:57 PM
Anand (Rajesh Khanna, Amitabh, Hrishikesh Mukherjee direction, Salilda music)

Different movie...songs are nice but speed breakers... the wonderful female solo got reused by the MD in BM's azhiyAdha kOlangaL (nAn eNNum pozhudhu)...

Strictly one-time watch...(supposedly a super hit those days, AB's first film may be)

idhai reNdAvadhu dhadavai pArthuttu appO bore adichudhunA sollaNum. One of my all time favourites - evLo muRai vENA pAppEn. Lovely. That Amit-ji was worth watching - avar range adhu dhAn but andh rangela Kinggu - but they reduced him to a clown in bollywood (including the sheshappa iyer new age muyaRchchis)

Those songs are worth being placed as speed breaker. The Bengali original of Kahin Door (Amoy prashna kore) sung by Hemant Kumar(as against Mookkesh in indhi) is a collector's item.

Plum
15th September 2012, 03:59 PM
It wasnt Amit-ji's first padam. He did bit roles in other movies (Including Sunjay Dutt's father's Reshma Aur Shera, Saat Hindustani, Mehmood's Bombay to Goa,not to mention flop ventures as villain like Parwana, before the intense roles here and Namak Haram gave him an address, and then Zanjeer/Deewar catapulted him to Bollywood glory)

ajaybaskar
15th September 2012, 04:03 PM
Bhuavana oru kelvi kuri

Polimer?

kid-glove
15th September 2012, 04:14 PM
Yeah. Still going on..

Have to say, the conversation between Sumitra and Rajini in context of giving away of the child is done well.

'Naan yaaru'. Fragility... and therefore of more human dimensions than merely sacrificial. Sivakumar comparing the tidal waves to his situation, when it easily fits in to the reclaiming 'move' of Rajini in assuming this relationship subconsciously, but on outset, nalla kuththi kaatturaar, thavikkuraar kuda.. Indha SPM enga pOnaaru?

P_R
15th September 2012, 05:03 PM
Last Lear naa paarththa varaikkin OraLavu sumArA nallAvE irunchch.

HonestRaj
15th September 2012, 07:59 PM
ok, watched a garam masAlA...

Captain Prabhakaran...lengthy but impressive!

innum konjam detail'ah post pannalame..

atleast IR music paththi sollalame :)

HonestRaj
15th September 2012, 08:03 PM
Boss E Baskaran - After watching OK OK this movie is like a classic. Apart from Santhanam- Arya and Nayanthara :clap: , Panchu Subbu, that VJ sister, Chitra Lakshmanan all equally played their part unlike OKOK. Special credit to Nayanthara, her facial expressions in the first half, dialogue delivery :bow:

that time i nominated & voted for Nayanthara in hub awards..
why there are no hub awards these days :?:

Anban
15th September 2012, 09:12 PM
Bollywood,
Hindi cinema,
hindi language,
hindi speaking common man,
hindi speaking ignorant people who think hindi is universal,
hindi speaking racist tards,

are all different things............pls dont confuse by putting all of the above in one umbrella........posting abt hindi films in tamil films section is nothing wrong, IMO......

I don't have the luxury of saying that ARR fans support Hindi cinema .. app sir kooda appidi thaan panraaru ..

Tamils supporting Hindi cinema is indirect support/boost to the other categories listed by you ..

HonestRaj
15th September 2012, 09:22 PM
Attakaththi
- first half.. different locales, set up.. quite intersting..
- second half.. after few mins.. this thought came to my mind.. "innum padam evvalavu neram irukku"..
- at the max.. one time watchable..
- liked the first song.. "aadi - aavani - dhavani"

kid-glove
16th September 2012, 02:54 AM
Think I will download it.

Just like how I read some comment on "Eppadi Manasukkul Vanthai" being a better adaptation of Talented Mr.Ripley than "Naan". So I have it on my desktop. Print's not so good. Lotus DVD RIP, my ____.

Finished it in 40 minutes by doing shift + right arrow.. On outset, seems better adaptation, but mathapadi ellamE comedy'a irukku.. I'd take non-acting of VA to this lead guy. I'd also do without love if it's going to give me a migraine like here. All the fight sequences, esp. the final one with Seeman'lam :rotfl:

Plum
16th September 2012, 06:43 AM
Git - ippO ellA tamizh padathaiyum pArthE AgaNumnu enna kattAyamA? Go easy man, Preserve yourself for better ones. Dont burn out now - eh - on run of the mill stuff.

Mahen
16th September 2012, 10:54 AM
I don't have the luxury of saying that ARR fans support Hindi cinema .. app sir kooda appidi thaan panraaru ..

Tamils supporting Hindi cinema is indirect support/boost to the other categories listed by you ..
Terrified..mortified.. petrified.. stupefied by your post..

P_R
16th September 2012, 11:26 AM
:lol: hayyo hayyo

HonestRaj
16th September 2012, 12:16 PM
sindhu bhairavi - in Raj tv.. is going on..
padamum nallathan irukkum
sivakumar nallathan nadichurukkar.. aana hub'la indha padathaiyum sivakumar acting'iyum kindal panreenga..
nalla illainu naama feel panra padatha paaratti pesureenga.. indha hub makkaLai purinjukkave mudiyalai...

ennaiku nan oru padathai nalla irukkunu solli - almost ellorume nalla illainu solreengalo & viceversa.. indha hub'la irundhu nan quit panna neram vandhuduchunu artham.. adhu epponu parppom

ajaybaskar
16th September 2012, 12:18 PM
What's wrong in Tamilians watching or supporting Hindi cinema? Havent we done that from the Aradhana days? Except for a few crores to their revenue, what other benefit Hindi cinema producers are going to get from TN market? In fact, TN contributes a very meagre amount of revenue.

ARR fans supporting Hindi cinema.. :rotfl: As if he is the only composer from TN who is composing in Hindi.

Plum
16th September 2012, 12:37 PM
Anbar - enna idhu sinna puLLA thanamA? indhi edhirppu thEvai dhAn adhukkunnu ipdiyA?

Gaanest Raaj - "sangeetha mEdaiya" - stand erect sidways, bob head up and down, eyes bob side ways "sAkkadaiyAkka pAkkuRiyA?". #epicfail

kid-glove
16th September 2012, 12:46 PM
Git - ippO ellA tamizh padathaiyum pArthE AgaNumnu enna kattAyamA? Go easy man, Preserve yourself for better ones. Dont burn out now - eh - on run of the mill stuff.
No, this is the period where I watch Indian films, year end for Hollywood screeners. Btw innum Fatso, GoW rendu irukkE..

kid-glove
16th September 2012, 12:48 PM
kudavE TV series. With football thrown in to the mix. Life seems much more lived.

app_engine
16th September 2012, 10:06 PM
pattiyal
:shock:

ivLo violence-A, and this movie was a hit in TN?

(BTW, the girls did a nice job)

Parthyy
16th September 2012, 10:15 PM
yup hit and pattiyal very good

Plum
16th September 2012, 10:35 PM
app - En violence irundhA TN-la hit AgAdhunnu expect paNdrIngaLA?

app_engine
16th September 2012, 10:45 PM
app - En violence irundhA TN-la hit AgAdhunnu expect paNdrIngaLA?

Actually mostly "mindless" violence, that's why surprise.
(Typically they connect violence with some sentiments to excite movie-watching public, but this movie is all about 'cold blooded kolai for kooli').

V_S
17th September 2012, 06:56 AM
I hate that movie. :twisted:

ajaybaskar
17th September 2012, 07:24 AM
Me too.. Worst of Vishnuvardhan. Haven't watched Sarvam though.

Plum
17th September 2012, 08:14 AM
Mindless Violence - whole point of the movie, no? padam-E adhu dhAn saar(not in the "dont drink and drive", "dont use mobile phone and simultaneously drive" messagey tone). nallA thAnE irunch - probably, the last endearing performance from Bharath. (copied almost scene by scene engiRa allegations apart)

Mahen
17th September 2012, 10:12 AM
Me too.. Worst of Vishnuvardhan. Haven't watched Sarvam though.
pattiyal was ok..sarvam thaan mokkai padam

mexicomeat
17th September 2012, 02:11 PM
when u combine two or more unrelated words, you come up with a catchy phrase.

saltbush, silverhorse and my user name are some examples of this.

recently i came across this song - amazing music, nicely sung by yuvan.

however the lyrics seem to be a soup made up of colourful words that make no meaning whatsoever.

lyrics:

Vennira Iravugal Kadhalin Mounangal, Angelo varnangal
Nam Kadhal regaigal thaane
I have a dream
Kadal kadhal aaguma
Nilam anbal pookuma
Rome-in salaigal
Kadhalai seruma

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpZv4xFGvW0

Nerd
17th September 2012, 11:43 PM
Mindless Violence - whole point of the movie, no? padam-E adhu dhAn saar(not in the "dont drink and drive", "dont use mobile phone and simultaneously drive" messagey tone). nallA thAnE irunch - probably, the last endearing performance from Bharath. (copied almost scene by scene engiRa allegations apart)
Yeah, best of vishnu by miles.

Nerd
18th September 2012, 05:37 AM
Naan - Awful film. Poor excuse for a thriller with cheap thrills. Bad writinf, horrible acting and unbearable BGM. Indha padathukku support and idhu hit. And Yudhdham Sei received negative reviews. Kashtam.

app_engine
18th September 2012, 06:10 AM
hEy Ram...

Second half is phenomenal. First half is admirable for the details but it unfortunately increased the length of the movie.

Since I watched in 2 sittings, could enjoy it but in theater it's possible people became impatient with the first half. It's a phenomenal effort, however...what details :shock:

Had the whole first half got shortened to 20 min, it would have been a big success, IMHO.

groucho070
18th September 2012, 07:38 AM
Some revisits over the long weekend.

Pammal K. Sambandhan
Still laughing my ass off; but this time I paid attention to Kamal's performance. What conviction! There is zero Kamal in PKS. He's not playing it for laugh, but totally convinced of who he is; his policies and how he changes (or humanises himself from the rigid hanuman baktar) is a treat to watch. I see NT's Muradhan Muthu in many place (watch how he describes what he can do to Yugi Sethu in the textile shop, pure NT). Can revisit anytime (it turned up again later in comedy channel and was still laughing)

Poova Talaiya

I suppose inspiration for the likes of V. Sekhar, Ramanarayanan, TPG. Also, Rajini's Mappila. Jai Shankar is fun; Gemini too, surprisingly. There was a jarring moment when the two female leads do a song at the waterfall, can easily be misinterpreted today.

PattukOttai Periyappa.

Lovely film. This time more for laughs. Chinni Jayanth part especially. Visu rulz....

Senareb
18th September 2012, 09:24 AM
watched 'Businessman'... usual masala movie..maheshbabu acting is same as all his movies..nothing different...
climax vera maathiri irukkum ninaichen..last'la mahesh police'nu kaamitchu ella rowdy'um thookkiruvaar'nu paarthen...bt no twist..
kaajal... telugu'la mattum ean intha thaaralamo... usually i wil fwd songs while watching movies..
bt intha padam paarkkumpothu 'sila' paattai paarkkumpothu fwd panna thonala bcos of kajal..:mrgreen:

'pokkiri' compare pannumpothu intha padam better... intha padathukka ivlo filmfare award koduthaanga...:irked:

selvakumar
18th September 2012, 09:30 AM
kaajal... telugu'la mattum ean intha thaaralamo... usually i wil fwd the songs while watching movies..
bt intha padam paarkkumpothu 'sila' paattai paarkkumpothu fwd panna thonala bcos of kajal..:mrgreen:
Athey.. Athey.. She was hot and sexy in all the songs. :mrgreen: "Raa osthaara" and innoru maja song layum thaaraalam. Padam comedy :)

Senareb
18th September 2012, 09:50 AM
lip to lip vera... :sigh2: (at the end of osthaara song)

selvakumar
18th September 2012, 09:56 AM
Ithukku ethukku SIGH podureenga..

Santhosa padungayya (salamon pappayya)

Senareb
18th September 2012, 10:00 AM
tat sigh smiley is for surya nd karthi for 'namakku illama potche'... :lol:

SoftSword
18th September 2012, 07:59 PM
yes, pattiyal... best of vishnu, followed by AA..
those are the roles which best suit arya...

ajaybaskar
18th September 2012, 08:24 PM
Barfi

Ranbir steals the show. This guy has got talent. :clap:

app_engine
18th September 2012, 08:30 PM
HR - the costume of SRK -:lol:

May be authentic but very funny, India Coffee House waiter mAdhiri oru costume, adhuvum veettula irukkumpOthu...

Senareb
19th September 2012, 08:16 AM
//dig- selva.. 'Dookodu' dvdrip wit subtitle link iruntha anuppiringala...i ct get anywhere...
thx. in advance..

selvakumar
19th September 2012, 08:58 AM
Babu - Same here. I saw that in Youtube few months back. Now, it is not displayed in the search results. Few links available have DVD Movie but not with subtitles :)

Senareb
19th September 2012, 09:01 AM
subtitle ilana puriyurathu kastam thaan.. anyway thx. selva..:)

ajaybaskar
19th September 2012, 07:57 PM
Lmk,

Check Uyirvani. I got it from there and it had subs.

Mahen
19th September 2012, 08:31 PM
Barfi

Ranbir steals the show. This guy has got talent. :clap:
talent maybe iruku but he was not impressive at all in Barfi..priyanka athuku mela..both were trying really hard..

Senareb
19th September 2012, 10:12 PM
Lmk,

Check Uyirvani. I got it from there and it had subs.

i got it wit subtitle ajay...thx. a lot ajay...:notworthy:
nw downloading..:cheer:

P_R
20th September 2012, 12:07 AM
3 - pretty good
Dhanush you beauty! Best actor around!
Surudhi - looks about 40 years old. But not bad.
That friend guy did well I say as did Prabhu in the 1-2 scenes he had.

I didnt catch much of the first half. So I guess I didn't have the problem many felt about the abrupt transition.
Impressed with aishwarya.
Once again - Dhanush :clap:
He has earned the right to be arrogant now. Andha rangeku pOyittAn payyan.

P_R
20th September 2012, 12:09 AM
Rajini seyyaama vittadhai ellAm ivan seyyaNum. Keep it up.

P_R
20th September 2012, 12:11 AM
18/9
Very good.
Unlike kaadhal subtle-A, consistently engaging-A illai.
But vidhyAsam, silapala moments ellAm vachchu pArthA pretty good

vaazhga Vijay TV

app_engine
20th September 2012, 12:12 AM
That friend guy did well...I didnt catch much of the first half.

Hope you didn't mean the TV anchor guy who comes as the friend in H1.

Yes, the friend in H2 has done a nice job!

kid-glove
20th September 2012, 12:14 AM
Neraiya sundal kozhukattai oda padam partha ippadi thaan..

Nerd
20th September 2012, 12:22 AM
Neraiya sundal kozhukattai oda padam partha ippadi thaan..
which? 2 or 3?

HonestRaj
20th September 2012, 12:25 AM
which? 2 or 3?

18/9 = 2..

Nerd
20th September 2012, 12:27 AM
adhaiththaan naanum mean panninEn, I wanted to know which one he is referring to specifically among those two.

kid-glove
20th September 2012, 12:38 AM
3 Pretty good, V En 18/19 Very Good.

RendumE thaan...

P_R
20th September 2012, 12:39 AM
App, H2
Btw BGM kooda nallArunch.

k-g edhai thitreer?

P_R
20th September 2012, 12:42 AM
Surudhiyai classy, beety-nu sonnavan ellAm kai thookkiRu.
Thambi dhaan handsomeA irundhaapla. I don't get why he needs to keep makin these self deprecating jokes anymore.

kid-glove
20th September 2012, 12:46 AM
Tamanaah dhaan handsome, wanna bet?

app_engine
20th September 2012, 12:52 AM
Btw BGM kooda nallArunch.

Ofcourse, yes! paiyan nallA varuvAnnu Avaludan edhir pArkkiREn (kiss business notwithstanding) :-)

SoftSword
20th September 2012, 03:16 AM
PR, vayitthula beer'a vaarttheenga...
padam arumayaa irunchu'u naan orutthan mattumdhaan koovittu irundhaen...
nice direction..
balar'um i never felt engaging'nu kaiya virichittaar...

first half'um indrestingaa dhaan irukkum...

Plum
20th September 2012, 08:57 AM
Vinayakar chathurthi annikku poojaikappuram dhaan moon-ai paarkanumaam. Adhanaala 2nd half of 3 only see. No major opinion except that surudhi paappaa unseletted. But still, an antidote to jodhiga inspired bubbly heroine types so adhukkaaga mannikkalaam.

Vazhakku EN - velai paLu kAraNamAga only last few moments. Rangan kObapatta aLavukku besant-nagar-caricature-as-villain irundhA mAdhiri theriyalaiyE :huh:

raghavendran
20th September 2012, 09:08 AM
Dhanush in 3 :clap:...expectation from this guy is increasing..nalla varuveenga thambi

Senareb
20th September 2012, 09:25 AM
ellarum ipo thaan '3' padam paartha maathiri dhanush'ai pugalringa... ;-)
theatre'la paarkkaliya ? :huh:

Plum
20th September 2012, 09:49 AM
Moonface and nadigar thilagam, the former almost fully. Unintentional laughs abound in moonface - and I am not talking EKSI; Prabhu is infact the most dignified presemce in the film - but atleast it is not vapid and an excess in nothingness as Maratha Warrior King.

kid-glove
20th September 2012, 09:51 AM
sathyama onnumE purila, Flu..

NOV
20th September 2012, 09:53 AM
moonface = chandramukhi
nadigar thilagam/Maratha Warrior King = sivaji

kisu-kisu affected :lol:

kid-glove
20th September 2012, 10:01 AM
Thanks. :lol:

Thankfully I had to work, missed these god awful to mediocre films on TV.

kid-glove
20th September 2012, 10:03 AM
Managed to watch "Young Adult" though on laptop while working.

NOV
20th September 2012, 10:08 AM
I can watch chandramukhi again (attracted a lot of non-Indian audience in Malaysia) ... but Sivaji is about the worst of Shankar's films... soon 3D version coming :lol:

NOV
20th September 2012, 05:48 PM
http://ibnlive.in.com/news/barfi-vs-hollywood-homage-inspired-or-copied/293100-8-66.html

So much for fantastic-hindi-movies-putting-thamizh-movies-to-shame :lol:

Mahen
20th September 2012, 06:06 PM
not surprised..so many scenes i had the thought 'anurag basu level ellam eppadi intha mathiri scenes conceive pannan' :lol:

Anban
20th September 2012, 06:24 PM
hindi padam paathaa "cool"-nu oru muttaal koottam suthikittu alaiyuthu .. enna panrathu.. maanam ketta pasanga...

Mahen
20th September 2012, 06:27 PM
:lol: but at the same time :banghead:

P_R
20th September 2012, 06:33 PM
ShabbA!
ivar dhaan maanathukku depot. nalla padamE vandhaalum Hindi-la pAkkAdha koLgai veeran. thaNNeeril irukkum meen..

naan barpi innum pArkkalai. But kattAyam ticket edukkaNum.

Two stories in Anurag Basu's Life in a Metro were from Apartment and Affair to Remember.
remba azhagA senjuruppApla. The latter was a lovely tribute actually. I hope he's done something like that.

idhukku mEla thilagar pEsuvaar.

kid-glove
20th September 2012, 06:41 PM
Anbar kitta lam pEsi jeikka mudiyadhungO..

And Anbar isn't really interested about 'copying'. Avar lam kapi nalla irundha kudipaaru.. Aana kapi thani, paal, tumbler ellam Thamizh'a irukkanum..

Nerd
20th September 2012, 06:45 PM
hindi padam paathaa "cool"-nu oru muttaal koottam suthikittu alaiyuthu ..
actually idhukku naan +1 pOduvEn.

Don't agree with his outright dismissal of Hindi films and bracketing all Hindi film watchers under one umbrella..

Senareb
20th September 2012, 06:50 PM
niraiya hindi padam'na tamil'la remake panni irukkangale..athukku ena soldringa.. ?

kid-glove
20th September 2012, 06:51 PM
Don't care about R&D work, none of this suggests if it functions as a whole or not. From the trailer, I'm unable to judge. I'd have to watch the film and then see for it myself.

There are two kinds of reaction..

a) Anything warm, soppy & comforting immediately translating as a masterpiece or masterful performance. Like Black, TZP, 3I, Guzaarish, Paa.. now this

b) Indhiyan nalla padam edukka mudiyaadhu..ellamE copy!

b) is a reaction to a) perhaps.

Anban
20th September 2012, 07:21 PM
enna category-nu clear-a specify panniyaachu.. neengalum antha category-aa saami ?

kid-glove
20th September 2012, 07:44 PM
Naan rendu category'layum illa.. neeyum illa. Unakku category'lam pOda mudiyumma?

ajaybaskar
21st September 2012, 11:11 PM
Ice Age 4

Slowly it's getting predictable. They can put a full stop to the franchise.

The Dictator

Funny in parts. Wondering how Edward Norton and Megan Fox agreed to do that cameos. Dhilluthaan..

geno
21st September 2012, 11:37 PM
"Woman of Straw" on TV. Sean Connery in a negative role is excellent and understated. Gina L as Maria Marcello gets the meaty role however. She had to walk a pretty tightrope between displaying her aversion to the monstruous charles richmond, later turning in to genuine affection , and her attraction towards sean's Anthony character and the Passion she wants to show by being "Fair" to both Uncle and the nephew....phew! And when she realises Anthony's treachery and breaks down, she is so credible.

geno
22nd September 2012, 09:02 AM
Oh! :)

Well, i saw some scenes of Gangs of Wasseypur and happened to read this interview by Anurag Kashyap:

I breathe because of Tamil Cinema: Anurag Kashyap

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2011-12-26/news-interviews/30558322_1_yellow-boots-anurag-kashyap-film

The celebrated filmmaker of Dev D and That Girl in Yellow Boots, hailed as a poster boy of the Indian New Wave Cinema, made absolutely no bones about how instrumental Tamil films have been in shaping his evolution as a director.

So much so that the opening credits of his forthcoming film, Gangs of Wasseypur, pays homage to the 'Madurai Triumvirate of Bala, Ameer and Sasikumar.' The amicable auteur beamed with cheer as he opened up about his fixation with Kollywood films.

"Chennai is the birthplace of a new language in cinema. The audiences here are the most evolved moviegoers to be found anywhere in India. I remember the first time I saw Bala's film Sethu, starring Vikram. I knew something had been set off in me as I watched the movie unfold. My obsession with films from this region continued with Kaadhal Kondein, Paruthiveeran and Subramaniapuram among others. No one has filmed Banaras the way it's been captured in Naan Kadavul," says Anurag, who has lived in those parts during his formative years.

He adds, "These films have formed an indelible impression on my mind and they inspired me to go back to my roots." The director's ravenous appetite for films comes forth as he confesses to watching Azhagar Samiyin Kuthirai and Kalavani without English subtitles.

Ask him about the one Tamil film that took his breath away and pat comes his answer, "No two ways about it - Aaranya Kaandam (AK). I was literally blown away by what Kumararaja did with his film. It's become such a rage in Mumbai's film circuit. Bejoy Nambiar, the director of Shaitan was inspired by the feature and we used to have marathons of viewing AK in our office. The staff would be rolling on the floors laughing at the scalpelsharp one-liners and dialogues while I'd be prodding them to tell me the meaning of the lines. I even have an uncut version of the film."

Balu Mahendra's proteges have made him proud and shown the world what an auteur he is, and who represents thamizh kalai, thirai and padaippu!

app_engine
22nd September 2012, 09:46 AM
nAduvAzhikaL (Mohanlal / Roobini, directed by Joshy)...somehow missed to see this in theater those days...mukkAl vAsi quite interesting!

(Shyam BGM mahA kodumai, much like New Delhi and other Joshy movies) :-(

Senareb
22nd September 2012, 09:52 AM
Watched Dookudu...

story is ok bt extraordinary screenplay...i dint get bore even a single scene...
10%luv+40%comedy+25% action+25% senti...all r properly mixed without overdose...
usually i dont lik Brahmanandha comedies...bt in tis movie, he made me as his fan...comedies'na movie'la nalla eduthirukkanga...
Reality show:rotfl3:... Brahmananda nd another comedian (future hero:rotfl:) nt only did comedy bt also they r part of the story..
tats engaging the screenplay which did nt get bore me...

samanatha...as usual, telugu'la mattum thaaralam :twisted:...aanastu intha padam paartha, raththam kothichiduvaar :???:...
lip to lip vera...aanastu, pls note tis...chellathai, telugu'la nadikka venam sollunga (via twitter :lol2:)..

Prakashraj is the only actor who is doing important role in all south indian movies...only PR is fossible :thumbsup:...
Nasser intha padathula, comedy role (sirippu police) koduthuttaanga.. :oops:
movie is running almost 3 hrs..bt time ponathe therila.. athu'thaan nalla movie'kku thevai...
it is usual masala movie thaan...bt worth to watch to kill ur time..:)

(PS : once again thx. to ajay for giving the link..:) )

selvakumar
22nd September 2012, 10:53 AM
The name of the other comedian in Dookudu is "M.S.Narayana".Dookudu lengthy padam than. Interval varum pothu naan appadiyae shock aayittaen. Actual ah 2 part ah vanthirukka vendiya padam. But as you mentioned, it wasn't boring at all. Brahmi :notworthy: Atuvum antha face reaction koduppar oru scene la. Chancey illa!

MADDY
22nd September 2012, 11:29 AM
last film i watched "where did my posts go?" :razz:

though the film initially promised some action with fiery discussions and view into how external factors decide cinema fanaticism, it later collapsed into a pretty mundane film..........the protagonists MODs just went through the motions and erased the uneasy questions raised by the antagonists without offering any explanation.......probably that was the right thing to do but sometimes, we miss some important things under the framework of right and wrong.....

geno
22nd September 2012, 11:37 AM
last film i watched "where did my posts go?" :razz:

though the film initially promised some action with fiery discussions and view into how external factors decide cinema fanaticism, it later collapsed into a pretty mundane film..........the protagonists MODs just went through the motions and erased the uneasy questions raised by the antagonists without offering any explanation.......probably that was the right thing to do but sometimes, we miss some important things under the framework of right and wrong.....

idhukkum vaan kozhikaLukkum ethaavathu thodarbu irukkumO? :razz:

selvakumar
22nd September 2012, 11:40 AM
Maddy - PM please !

HonestRaj
22nd September 2012, 07:20 PM
@lmkbabu (http://www.mayyam.com/talk/member.php?201707-lmkbabu)
long back i've seen Dookudu.. in just okay print (with subtitles).. appo ellam edhuvum thonalai :p
now i've downloaded the video of all the songs.. & i remember samantha's role apart from songs is very minimal..

HonestRaj
22nd September 2012, 07:24 PM
saw first few mins of Kanden Kadhalai.. Bharatha & Tamannah.. :lol:

selvakumar
22nd September 2012, 10:45 PM
saw first few mins of Kanden Kadhalai.. Bharatha & Tamannah.. :lol:
Hindi Original was much better. Bharath ah S.Kapoor ah imagine kooda panna mudiyala. He just tried to imitate him. Tamanna - OK

Parthyy
22nd September 2012, 11:05 PM
currently watching sattai secondhalf wit friends bommanalli bangalore.after fírst half we tried to leave -theatre guys locked the door- torture the film is

HonestRaj
22nd September 2012, 11:30 PM
RATHTHAKANNEER
- watched only the portions of MR Radha..
- MR Radha - true legend.. :bow:
- inspiration for nakkal nayyandi humour.. vazhvaadharam for vivek.. should be the inspiration for Annan Gounder
- there was chandrababu too.. indha Nagesh panra rubber madhiri valainju nelinju comedy ellam summa assalt'ah panraru ivaru.. i think he is senior to Nagesh
- ovvoru vasanamum superb.. :clap:
- i mistook it from MR Radha himself.. but.. story-dialogues: Thiruvarur K Thangarasu
- searched one scene where he explains about "kalai sevai" to SSR.. can't find in youtube
- also it was very funny to read the youtube comments for upendra's kannada remake.. few said upendra is better tham MR Radha :rotfl2:

- i saw the below scene last week & this one inspired me to watch the full movie..
- i watched this along with my mother.. & i was :rotfl: for this scene..

ippadi ovvoruthar moochukku kalyanam panna en moochu enna aaguradhu :rotfl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCEyC7XxXPQ

full movie for the interested...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L69HJQ8RlGU

Senareb
22nd September 2012, 11:50 PM
Today i watched 3 movies back to back...

1. Ek tha tiger

first half is very sothappal...second half is gud...katrina..chumma mmm...being salman fan, i lik the movie very much...
salman nd katrirna romance scene'ai innum konjam impress pandra maathiri vachchirukkalam...bt nt bad..
salman has sumwat young luking..oru thaba paarkkalam..

2. Kya cool hai hum

usual comedy movie frm ritesh deshmukh...nthing special to appreciate..ithuvum oru thaba paarkkalam..

3. Joker

The only gud thing for tis movie is 1.30 hrs running time...intha maathiri mokkai padam nadikka akshay'kku epdi manasu vanthutchu...
Guys, if anybody is willing to watch tis movie, pls avoid it..its my kind request...:lol2:

Plum
23rd September 2012, 08:42 AM
theatre guys locked the door

:shock: :lol:

app_engine
23rd September 2012, 08:47 AM
nanRi, HR for the blood tear link :-)

Very funny in parts...ofcourse, ultra mikaippaduththal for most part...interesting watch anyways!

Music - C S Jayaraman (orchestra : Viswanathan-Ramamoorthy "party" :lol2:)

Plum
23rd September 2012, 08:51 AM
MSV might have scored many movies for which they are credited as "Assistants" or "Orchestra party" (esp if the MD is SMS, CRS). I learnt yesterday that the ultra-famolus "Oh Devdas" was by MSV, not CRS.(Thanks to Mandhodu Mano).

Mano: (pugazhchifies MSV left right centre - but in the non-musically aware "ordinary listener" type migai pugazhchi aNi)
MSV: konjam adakki vAsikkaRayA?

Mahen
23rd September 2012, 02:44 PM
Heroine - average..expected more from Madhur but konjam sothapitaru..Fashion was good but intha padam was so full of cliches...Kareena did well but NA ellam konjam kastham due to the poor script..And excessive skin show konjam avoid pannirukalam..Good to see so many heroine oriented films in bollywood...
You blaady chauvinistic tamil directors/actors, wake up i say.. :evil: If a film doesnt need a heroine, dont force them into the script..

NOV
23rd September 2012, 05:33 PM
Aadukkalam (on vellithirai) - easily one of the best movies of recent times - excellent acting all round, perfect songs and BGM, flawless direction and to top it all, original too. :bow:

Anban
23rd September 2012, 06:22 PM
Aadukkalam (on vellithirai) - easily one of the best movies of recent times - excellent acting all round, perfect songs and BGM, flawless direction and to top it all, original too. :bow:
perfect BGM -aa .. :shock:

NOV
23rd September 2012, 06:27 PM
yes karthi... unobtrusive, without shouting for attention, rather complementary

Anban
23rd September 2012, 06:37 PM
totally out of place .. has no connection with the locality/feel of the movie.. extremely wannabe peter stuff..

NOV
23rd September 2012, 06:42 PM
It worked perfectly fine for me. :)

ajaybaskar
23rd September 2012, 07:37 PM
Unnai Ninaithu

Saw bits and pieces yesterday. But had the liberty of changing the channel at least. Today the same film in the bus while travelling to Tanjore. Person next to me was enjoying the comedy of Charlie & co like anything - laughing as if it was his last trip and every now and then he was checking if I was laughing too. Seeing me sitting as if constipated, he started explaining the same scene again. Kodooram!!

srimal
23rd September 2012, 08:07 PM
charulatha - wiki la "Alone" movie story padichittu aasaiya padam pakka pona...enda ponomnu achu :(
koodiya viraivil tv la varum podhu pathukkonga... download panni pakkanumnu adam pidikkaravanga.. thai original pathukkonga...

Barfi was nice... i liked illeana's character - romba thinaa irukka- but she acted well... Ranbhir kooda :)
anaalum oscar range ellam illai !!

selvakumar
24th September 2012, 01:56 AM
Nadodigal - Liked it very much except the last 10 mins. Again, they way they have shown "Rajapalayam", "Namakkal" etc is good and quite natural. Film was lengthy but good acting from everyone and the screenplay didn't make feel bored at any point. But just when you think that the film is going to be over, the next phase starts. Director could have avoided that "pause" in the middle for every phase of the movie. As I mentioned, Sasi Kumar and Samuthirakkani kind of directors are introducing a new but slightly different trend in tamil movies.

Positives
+ Acting from everyone [though Sasikumar overacted in some places]
+ Screenplay
+ Setting
+ Heroines - What is the name of the girl who comes as Sasikumar's sister in the movie. she lookes good]
+ Dialogues [except some nenjai nakkum over the top dialogues]

Negatives
- Pause between every phase of the screenplay
- Climax :hammer: Could have been better
- Konjam Andhra vaadai towards the en

selvakumar
24th September 2012, 06:52 AM
Jore - Sathyaraj - good :thumbsup: . Mathathellam time pass. Vadivelu joke -uvvae.

Thambikku entha ooru - First half was good. Kaadhalin dheepam :clap: