PDA

View Full Version : Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

jaiganes
29th June 2012, 11:41 PM
Hello cemetery-mate, Airbender paarthuttu enna diction correction vENdi irukku ?
aaviyaanaalum vettuven!!

jaiganes
29th June 2012, 11:42 PM
cemetery-mate, fellow-corpse, ghost-colleage.... :lol:

nammallaam ore kuzhikkuLLa dhaan irukkam.

SoftSword
30th June 2012, 12:51 AM
Nerd-ar :evil: Rest in peace.

yaeppaa... indha kumbudu pOdradha nee vidamaattiyaa??

AravindMano
30th June 2012, 03:15 AM
hai kid how r u asl hai frm anthr corpse simran fan am buhbye

kid-glove
30th June 2012, 03:20 AM
Only Groucho is the sane man here.

NOV
30th June 2012, 09:10 AM
:rotfl: at posts above

:thumbsup: all could get together and write a jolly screenplay ;)

ajaybaskar
30th June 2012, 09:31 AM
Was forced to watch Osthe last night while travelling by bus. From the morning I am humming the old MGR number - Naan seththu pizhachavandaa...

P_R
30th June 2012, 10:37 AM
hai kid how r u asl hai frm anthr corpse simran fan am buhbye :rotfl:

raghavendran
30th June 2012, 12:29 PM
And Dhanus thambi :shock: Like to quote two scenes:

-His expressions, making a decision within himself, resorting to the last weapon in his armory - "You are like my sister"
-The body language when caught red-handed hugging Yamini - reducing himself to something extremely insignificant and accepting the slap with all the heart.

engEyO pOitteenga thambi :bow:and the scene where he meets the photographer when his pic appeared in the magazine...the way he says "help pannunga sir"... brilliant...:clap:

Roshan
30th June 2012, 12:51 PM
Was forced to watch Osthe last night while travelling by bus. From the morning I am humming the old MGR number - Naan seththu pizhachavandaa

:lol:

app_engine
2nd July 2012, 01:16 AM
One of the thunbams of reading the hub's TF forum is getting influenced to watch movies like 'kala kalappu' :-(

To put it mildly, below-average!

The day is not far off when Santhanam will be rated as 'the most unfunny yet successful comedian' in this hub!

jaiganes
2nd July 2012, 02:42 AM
One of the thunbams of reading the hub's TF forum is getting influenced to watch movies like 'kala kalappu' :-(

To put it mildly, below-average!

The day is not far off when Santhanam will be rated as 'the most unfunny yet successful comedian' in this hub!

neengalum ennaya setha karuththuLLavannu solla poreehaLA?
oththa karuthudayavargaLaaga irundhom - inimael Naan seththa karuththuLLavanaaitten.

app_engine
2nd July 2012, 04:12 AM
chEchchE - apdiyellAm illeenga jai!

enakku this movie not ok - avvaLavE :-)

(When the 'thamizh padam' hero is the most enjoyable part of a movie, how can it be good? :oops:)

Nerd
2nd July 2012, 08:47 PM
App-E, given your *liking* for Shiva, you should not have even watched this film.

And IIRC everyone in the hub were highly appreciative of Shiva, whom you seem to detest the most. Not your cup of tea, sir :-) Why put the blame on hub?!

app_engine
2nd July 2012, 09:01 PM
Nerd,
periya periya word ellAm ("detest") use paNreenga :oops:

I thoroughly enjoyed Siva in kalakalappu (though I didn't like his "comedy" in thamizh padam). He & his girl are the saving grace / reason for me to complete the movie :-)

OTOH, Sundar C had essentially done a "the end" to Anjali :-( pAvam.

Status quo for Vimal.

Actually, the first half can be called ok. It was after the entry of Santhanam that it became so irritable :-( And the "last 20 min" that many raved here was a torture.

app_engine
2nd July 2012, 09:04 PM
Ofcourse, I liked the 'maNdu' character who says 'eppadi catch pidichchAn pAththiyA' :lol2:

venkkiram
2nd July 2012, 09:05 PM
பருத்தி வீரன் - மூன்றாவது முறையாக.

காட்சிக்கு காட்சி (பல) - இப்பவும் உயிர்ப்பா இருக்கு. வீட்டில் கழுவத்தேவனும் முத்தழகும் ஒண்டிக்கு ஒண்டி வாக்குவாதத்தில் ஈடுபடும் காட்சி - அடித்துக்கொண்டே உரையாடுவது.. ஒவ்வொரு கணமும் மெய்சிலிர்க்குது.. சண்டையின் கடைசியாய் முத்தழகு வேக வேகமாக சாப்பிடுவது.. பொன்வண்ணன் - ப்ரியாமணி இரண்டு பேருமே வாழ்ந்திருக்கிறார்கள். எப்படி இந்தக் காட்சியை மனதில் ஓடவிட்டு, சரிபார்த்து..சரிபார்த்து.. அதை அப்படியே காட்சியாக்கி.. அமீர்... :notworthy: எப்போ இன்னொரு விருந்து இதுபோல தரப்போறிங்க. இதுவரை நாம் மற்ற படங்களில் பார்த்திராத காட்சிகளின் தொகுப்பு என்றே சொல்லிடலாம் பருத்தி வீரனை.

பருத்தி வீரன், செவ்வாழை, டக்லஸ், பொணந்தின்னி (குரல் மொழி) - ஒவ்வொரு பாத்திரமும் அழியா வரம் பெற்றவை.

app_engine
2nd July 2012, 09:45 PM
If one compares the 'kalakalappu' with another movie of similar genre in recent times - 'kaLavANi' - they can see where I'm coming from.

I repeat, Santhanam is the biggest negative for kalakalappu :-(

Once again, I don't "detest" him - as I really liked him in deivaththirumakaL. (I think that's the only movie where I liked him as a comedian...i.e. other than Simbu Devan's "aRai eN XXXil kAdavuL" -there he was tolerable in an intolerable movie)

P_R
2nd July 2012, 10:30 PM
"aRai eN XXXil kAdavuL"
:rotfl3:

SoftSword
2nd July 2012, 10:32 PM
baed boy peeyar.

Nerd
2nd July 2012, 10:50 PM
If one compares the 'kalakalappu' with another movie of similar genre in recent times - 'kaLavANi' - they can see where I'm coming from.

inga dhaan neenga thappu pannitteenga. Kalavaani aLavukku arumaiyaana padam-nu (forget the laughs) yaarum sonnadhaa theriyalai. Kalakalappu should be compared only to mindless comedy films like OKOK/BEB etc. And as I said earliear as a film, KKP > BEB but for pure laughs BEB > KKP. Arya is such a natural :-)

baed boy peeyar.P_R adhukkuththaan sirichchaaraa.. I was wondering..

app_engine
2nd July 2012, 11:09 PM
Nerd,
I remember reading hub comments telling Sundar C is back to 'uLLaththai aLLiththA' form...MMKR mAdhiri sirippu etc :oops:

In any case, VKK / kaLavANi kind of films had me in splits without an "official" "renowned" comedian there. Not that I dislike an exclusive comedian - I do enjoy a lot of Vadivel / Vivek stuff (uthama puthiran was a good one by Vivek in recent times). But Santhanam gets on my nerves most of the time :-(

(Yes, BEB had some laughter moments thanks to Arya...the movie itself looked like a "poor man's Lalettan-Srinivasan" stuff. Nayanthara acted well too. Santhanam unselected in that also.)

I may not go near OKOK :soodu kaNda poonai effect:

venkkiram
2nd July 2012, 11:15 PM
But Santhanam gets on my nerves most of the time :-(
மருத்துவத்தில் இதற்கென்றே ஒரு பெயர் -- "இந்தக் கால இளைஞர்களின் ரசனையிலிருந்து வேறுபடுதல்"

hattori_hanzo
2nd July 2012, 11:50 PM
Actually, the first half can be called ok. It was after the entry of Santhanam that it became so irritable :-( And the "last 20 min" that many raved here was a torture.

Last 20 mins neraya per mokkainnu thaan post pannirundhaanga. I'm probably the only other person who felt the 1st half of Kalakalappu (KKP :rotfl:) was better than the 2nd. There few scenes I liked in the 2nd half like Santhanam's first few scenes, Amitabh Mama.

"aRai eN XXXil kAdavuL"

Idhu 'Sathyananda' padathin Tag line ah?

easygoer
3rd July 2012, 12:13 AM
Excellent short film"dharmam"... This was shown in kalaignar tv's naalaiya iyakumar program....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPZTjdzS1-s

Praabhu solomon was very much impressed with this short film director "ashwin" after watching this film. prabhu said he will produce main stream movie under ashwin's direction if he has any story available...

NOV
3rd July 2012, 06:58 AM
its evident that watching a movie alone thru the net and watching it in a cinema hall with 100s of ppl is vastly different... kakalappu is one movie that needs the crowd. 2nd time 3rd time ellaam avvalavaa rasikka mudiyaadhu...

one movie that I enjoyed in cinema and later again and again in tv is ........ kanchana .... :D ... even now I burst out :rotfl3: thinking of the scenes.

faithiu11
3rd July 2012, 07:02 AM
its evident that watching a movie alone thru the net and watching it in a cinema hall with 100s of ppl is vastly different... kakalappu is one movie that needs the crowd. 2nd time 3rd time ellaam avvalavaa rasikka mudiyaadhu...

one movie that I enjoyed in cinema and later again and again in tv is ........ kanchana .... :D ... even now I burst out :rotfl3: thinking of the scenes.
wats tat movie

NOV
3rd July 2012, 07:06 AM
wats tat moviehighlight and see... konjamaavadhu vElai seyyanum illaiyaa :devil:

faithiu11
3rd July 2012, 07:25 AM
highlight and see... konjamaavadhu vElai seyyanum illaiyaa :devil:
seen it n number of times still dint feel bore

KlamRoyA
3rd July 2012, 09:47 AM
Manan kothi paravai...

Decent movie.. anga anga logic idikkuthu.. mathapadai nalla Time-pass movie..
Comedy is too gud.. especially Singam puli (nalla director, paavam comedian aakkittaanga)..

Singam puli, "Antha kaala kathal example kku, Ambikapathi maayavathi :rotfl3:..

Sivak mattum konjam vellaiya iruntha, adutha 'madhavan' nu sollalam... nalla nadikka varuthu (thx. to vijay tv)...

'Logic' illatha idangal :

1. Sister ai thedama, ava aNNan, singam puli group'oda thanni adikkirathu..
2. Sivak thevai illama, heroine aNNan kitta poi maattrathu (in kerala)...
3. climax, romba 'sappu' nu mudinju potchu (ithe climax ethanai padathula thaan paarkkriathu)

sivak & heroine romance scenes nalla irukku.. heroine s luking gud..
oru scene enai romba feel aakkitchu..
After engagement of the heroine, Sivak to heroine, "Ennai kalyanam pannikkiriya"... Heroine to sivak, "ean da..engagement mudinja appuram soldra"... :( very cute...

Thoroughly enjoyed the movie.. definitely i wil see tis movie again..

(PS : Padathula thaan intha mathiri heroine kadathura scene 'work-out' aagum... Real life la.. hmm hmm..:???:)

raajarasigan
3rd July 2012, 11:17 AM
(uthama puthiran was a good one by Vivek in recent times):shock:

Siv.S
3rd July 2012, 11:51 AM
rr Why :shock: ??

+1 app_engine,Even i liked him in Uthamaputhiran,his reactions to Dhanush were hilarious,i think the only good attempt by Vivek in recent times.

directhit
3rd July 2012, 11:54 AM
that was Vivek just being a VV clone.. Kalakalappu average padam, Jai dhan juice kku aasapattu MMKR level irukkunu bit pottaar..

ajithfederer
3rd July 2012, 11:57 AM
App_?? I am one of the guys who liked Kalakalappu. When i said i laughed the hardest in recent times i really did that in theatre. The audience enjoyed it. Adhellam 2nd matter but why do you take my/others opinion seriously and blame it on the hub here?? :huh:.

raajarasigan
3rd July 2012, 11:57 AM
Siva, I have not watched the whole movie but saw the comedy clips... not impressed much.. in fact, Dhanush was better than Vivek in those scenes..

ajithfederer
3rd July 2012, 11:58 AM
If Vivek was good in UP then all credit to Brahmanandamfrom the original Telugu film.

Siv.S
3rd July 2012, 12:03 PM
that was Vivek just being a VV clone....
Athu Padikkathvan Illaiyo :roll: Its Brammanandam's material.. he was hilarious too..

Siv.S
3rd July 2012, 12:06 PM
Siva, I have not watched the whole movie but saw the comedy clips... not impressed much.. in fact, Dhanush was better than Vivek in those scenes..
Oru Velai padathai full-aa paatha antha flow-la sirippu varum pola ;)

Cinemarasigan
3rd July 2012, 12:45 PM
Oru Velai padathai full-aa paatha antha flow-la sirippu varum pola ;)

yes. when I watched these as part of comedy clips, I didn't like it. Later when I watched this movie I felt it is good...

directhit
3rd July 2012, 01:38 PM
Athu Padikkathvan Illaiyo :roll: Its Brammanandam's material.. he was hilarious too.. ah confees :oops: yes remember this one, was very good :thumbsup:

NOV
3rd July 2012, 05:13 PM
rr Why :shock: ??

+1 app_engine,Even i liked him in Uthamaputhiran,his reactions to Dhanush were hilarious,i think the only good attempt by Vivek in recent times.+2
definitely :rotfl3:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
3rd July 2012, 09:14 PM
92.7 BIG FM's BEST OF TAKE IT EASY WITH BALAJI - TAMIL CINEMA - JAN MUDHAL JUNE VARAI !!!!

http://soundcloud.com/balajipatturaj/92-7-big-fms-best-of-take-8

directhit
3rd July 2012, 09:47 PM
92.7 BIG FM's BEST OF TAKE IT EASY WITH BALAJI - TAMIL CINEMA - JAN MUDHAL JUNE VARAI !!!!

http://soundcloud.com/balajipatturaj/92-7-big-fms-best-of-take-8 short name suppi :rotfl: :rotfl2:

groucho070
4th July 2012, 01:25 PM
Villain.

Finally. Good entertainment. Ajith was good in both roles.

P_R
4th July 2012, 01:36 PM
Villain.
Finally. Good entertainment. Ajith was good in both roles.
Grouch, I can hear dogs howling as the grim reaper, scythe,cloak and all, trudges towards you.

groucho070
4th July 2012, 02:34 PM
:smile: vanthA, chess vilayattukku koopiduvEn. (or a game of gin rummy ala Konigsberg's short story).

aftrAll K.S. Ravikumar padam, remba serious-A treat pannapdAthu...

app_engine
5th July 2012, 10:55 AM
eesan...

angangE konjam thoyvu irundhAlum, nice masAlA!

I'm wondering how it would have turned out if Sasikumar himself played the Sangaiah role...

Pass marks, without question!

app_engine
5th July 2012, 10:56 AM
eesan...

viralai vidu, vAndhi varum

:rotfl:

19thmay
5th July 2012, 07:39 PM
rr Why : ??

+1 app_engine,Even i liked him in Uthamaputhiran,his reactions to Dhanush were hilarious,i think the only good attempt by Vivek in recent times.

+1 for Vivek.

Vivek asks :"evvlo poda pora" to a man in a bank and that guy replies"noothi oru rooba sir" ...
Vivek : Enna bank-ku moi vaikka poriya :lol:

He asks Dhanush
Vivek: "Enna padichirukka?"
Dhanush :"Needhi, Nerma..."
Vivek :"Yen! Sathyam, Dharmam ellam arrears vachrukia?" :rotfl: :thumbsup:

The way he turns casual after getting back the lost money from Dhanush was super.

app_engine
5th July 2012, 07:52 PM
I think eesan was commercially a flop. The major mistake by Sasikumar was "not using familiar faces" on-screen for a masAlA.

His earlier movies (Subramanyapuram as director / nAdOdikaL as producer) didn't need familiar faces because both had some novelty in the storyline (i.e. to TF watchers) and not just the presentation layer.

OTOH, eesan has nothing new in the storyline (age old pazhivAngal business), though the presentation layer is slightly different from the standard masAlA template.

Being a revenge masAlA, the movie could have been a big hit if Sasikumar used stars who are familiar to the masses. Even his face has become familiar (post subramaniapuram / nadOdikaL) and that's why I wondered how it would have fared had he done the cop role.

vithagan
5th July 2012, 08:10 PM
Leelai - Decent movie!

Weekend la relaxeda enna padam paarkalamnu thedravangalukku Highly Recommended.
Sathanam comedy mokkai.. songs sumaar. Mathapadi enjoyed it. :thumbsup:

jaiganes
5th July 2012, 08:15 PM
I think eesan was commercially a flop. The major mistake by Sasikumar was "not using familiar faces" on-screen for a masAlA.

His earlier movies (Subramanyapuram as director / nAdOdikaL as producer) didn't need familiar faces because both had some novelty in the storyline (i.e. to TF watchers) and not just the presentation layer.

OTOH, eesan has nothing new in the storyline (age old pazhivAngal business), though the presentation layer is slightly different from the standard masAlA template.

Being a revenge masAlA, the movie could have been a big hit if Sasikumar used stars who are familiar to the masses. Even his face has become familiar (post subramaniapuram / nadOdikaL) and that's why I wondered how it would have fared had he done the cop role.
I thought that Samuththirakani was picture perfect for this role. The boy was a cracker (wasnt he?).
I liked the movie and wished it could be a little short. the early on meandering take on night life of chennai was tad too long - if you wanted a crisper plot surrounding misdeeds of "sons of big shots" - get hold of kannada movie "Accident" directed by shankar nag - that one nailed it..

app_engine
5th July 2012, 08:36 PM
I thought that Samuththirakani was picture perfect for this role. The boy was a cracker (wasnt he?).

Yes, I definitely agree! Just speculated on the possibility of better reception with some familiar hero (for e.g. it was not unusual to see Mammotty doing this kind of roles in MF every now and then...and those were received very well by the audience ; I'm not sure if the reception would have been same with a start-up actor)

Also agree on the thoyvu (due to the length) in the initial scenes which was possibly the main reason for the failure. However, looking from Sasikumar's viewpoint, those were the "new" things in the movie (well, "attempted novelty" that failed this time)...

Prabo
5th July 2012, 08:36 PM
There were lot of confusions w.r.t Eesan making. Initially, Sasikumar said the movie is about city life and a 50 year old will don the protogonist role. Vikram the producer then backed out from the project midway and Sasikumar himself produced it. First half city life was sothapal, but second half revenge part wasn't that bad. Intrestingly, Yutham Sei which was quite slimilar to Eesan second half did well.....

Nerd
5th July 2012, 08:47 PM
App, bad example. Samu is as well known as Sasi if not better. In fact Samu has more TV appearances than Sasi. He is seen in pretty much every other Vijay TV show.

And definitely thats not the reason for the film not doing well. Poor material and boringly presented. I remember liking the first half > 2nd. Have to search for my old post :oops:

littlemaster1982
5th July 2012, 09:16 PM
And definitely thats not the reason for the film not doing well. Poor material and boringly presented. I remember liking the first half > 2nd. Have to search for my old post :oops:

Saw it yesterday. Below Average.

The film needs so many scenes to establish the characters and meanders in all possible directions in the first one hour or so and none of these scenes is of any importance in the second half. I would have started the film with Vaibhav's murder. His louuu track and the louuer's daddy (Vijay Mallya!) Vs his daddy track etc. Absolutely unnecessary. The film would have been a lot better (only relatively) if it were only two hours long. One hour of wasted footage, most in the first half.

Actually, I liked the first half better since it was not boring and was intriguing at least. But the second half completely spoiled everything as in all the open threads / subplots in the first half were not connected at all. Poorly acted too. Deivam's assistant was good though.

There were flashes of brilliance in the writing: For example - The naming - Needhirajan, DheivamE (As observed by BRangan), and dheivam snobbishly dismissing a velayutham (kaiyezhuthu pOda sonnaa oru thuNaikkaal extra pOdra) :lol: and Abhinaya's dad character was well written but I had no idea what was happening in the village thiruvizhaa. Unnecessary again, the flashback could have been crisper.

And Sasi the director shines in a few scenes too. For example, the scene in which Sangaiyaa makes Dheivam's assistant to puke, the camera getting obstructed by Sangaiyya's rolling chair. Neat.

Here you go :)

app_engine
5th July 2012, 09:34 PM
if you wanted a crisper plot surrounding misdeeds of "sons of big shots"

There had been a few in MF during the 80's...if we strip the songs, eesan would have been like one of them.

BTW, I didn't FF that seashore song - surprisingly good!
(Watched the movie alone, no kids :wink:)

Prabo, while the flash back / revenge portion was presented ok, one gets a 'idhu mAthiri eththanai pAththAchchu' feel...under such conditions, what if the cop role was done by, say, Vikram? :wink:

app_engine
5th July 2012, 09:41 PM
Nerd,
ok, since I'm not close to TV shows, I didn't know he's so popular :-)

Totally agree to the meandering part. However, like you said, that kept the interest alive with 'ennamO vithyAsamA varappOdhu' feel.

However, once the revenge masAlA started, chappunnu pOchchu...

Nerd
5th July 2012, 10:22 PM
Thanks LM, not as embarrassing as few other 'old' posts :oops:

Nerd
6th July 2012, 07:56 PM
MaamEn magaL - Upto the reel andhupOchu scene, adhukkappuRam zimbly waste, so stopped. indha aLavukku kooda ippO irukka commercial padam illeeng. Even the ponnambalam fight etc, easy-aa flow aagudhu..

Annan operates on a completely different plane and what a funny!! One of his bests ever. The most crucial / important moment of the film is the reel andhupOchu scene. Intense moments and guess what, its aNNan's solo for 2 full minutes!! Everybody, the important players of the scene, wait from him to stop talking and then come to the point. :clap:

P_R
6th July 2012, 08:03 PM
Opening frame is aNNan

After reel andhu pOchchu it loses tempo/steam etc. But GM-MV have their moments (nanRi sollu, OrOn oNNu...)

HonestRaj
6th July 2012, 08:51 PM
MaamEn magaL - Upto the reel andhupOchu scene, adhukkappuRam zimbly waste, so stopped. indha aLavukku kooda ippO irukka commercial padam illeeng.

idhaithanga nan thirumbha thirumbha inge sollikittu irukken... each one had their own style in 80's..
now, everyone does the same kind of film - style of acting repeatedly... endha padathula yaru nadichalum onnum periya vithyasam vara poradhillai.. onnu rendu padangalai thavirthu

app_engine
7th July 2012, 07:34 PM
idhaithanga nan thirumbha thirumbha inge sollikittu irukken...

ippO venkkiram vandhu ungaLukku enna 'medical condition'nu pEr solluvAr :wink:

venkkiram
7th July 2012, 07:55 PM
ippO venkkiram vandhu ungaLukku enna 'medical condition'nu pEr solluvAr :wink: அது எனக்கும் இருக்குங்க.. ஆனால் நகைச்சுவையில் அல்ல..இசையில்.. ஒரு வருடத்தில பிடித்தவை எனப் பார்த்தால் (யுவன்+ஜிவிபி+ஹாரிஸ்+தமன்+இமான்+விஜய் ஆண்டனி+கே+ஜோஷ்வா+கிப்ரான்) மிஞ்சி போனா பத்து பாடல்கள் கூட தேற மாட்டேங்குது.

HonestRaj
7th July 2012, 11:01 PM
அது எனக்கும் இருக்குங்க.. ஆனால் நகைச்சுவையில் அல்ல..இசையில்.. ஒரு வருடத்தில பிடித்தவை எனப் பார்த்தால் (யுவன்+ஜிவிபி+ஹாரிஸ்+தமன்+இமான்+விஜய் ஆண்டனி+கே+ஜோஷ்வா+கிப்ரான்) மிஞ்சி போனா பத்து பாடல்கள் கூட தேற மாட்டேங்குது.

nan comedy paththi sollalai.. lead actors paththi sonnen..

leaving Rajini, Kamal.. the variety given by Vijayakanth, Prabhu, Sathyaraj, karthik, Mohan etc. & you can't imagine other actor in another one's film..

NOV
8th July 2012, 07:05 AM
he variety given by Vijayakanth, Prabhu, Sathyaraj, karthik, Mohan etc. & you can't imagine other actor in another one's film..theriyaama thaan kEtkkirEn, appadi enna variety koduththutaanga... every single movie of thiers (Barring Karthik slightly) has their same characters... :roll:

HonestRaj
8th July 2012, 08:42 AM
theriyaama thaan kEtkkirEn, appadi enna variety koduththutaanga... every single movie of thiers (Barring Karthik slightly) has their same characters... :roll:

chinnathambi'la sathyaraj'i veikka mudiyadhu - amaidhipadai'la vijayakanth nadikka mudiyadhu - chinna gounder'la prabhu'va veikka mudiyadhu... Mounaragam.. karthik thavira yarayum ninaichu parkka mudiyadhu..
they might have acted in similar characters through out their career.. but within themselves there is clear difference.. this is what i'm meaning... even for some commercial films like Mydear marthandan / MakkaL en pakkam they were tailor made for those heroes

ippa varra edhartha cinema thavirthu.. commercial padangalla yaru venumnalum nadikkalam (rombha sila padangalai thavirthu).. Thadayara Thakka is one example.. & all those vada sennai attempts are another example..

NOV
8th July 2012, 08:44 AM
they might have acted in similar characters through out their career.. but within themselves there is clear difference.. this is what i'm meaning... ok, I understand what you mean.... but if you talk about masala (commercial?) movies, anyone can act in that right?

HonestRaj
8th July 2012, 08:56 AM
even in the 80's masala films.. we don't see Karthik has acted in a Rajini kind of film (or) vijayakanth tried to imitate Nayagan Kamal in Chinna Gounder..

& "for some commercial films like Mydear marthandan / MakkaL en pakkam they were tailor made for those heroes" - while watching those, they perform such that they make us feel that they can only justify that character..
i don't think anyone will say.. Prabhu & Karthik's characters should be swapped in Agni N (or) Prabhu & SR in "Paalaivana RojakkaL" etc.

until couple of years back Bharath & vishal trying to copy Vijay [now they are not in the scene], if you see Srikanth in April Madhathil he tried to imitate "vaali" Ajith, & now the latest casualty Arun Vijay.. not just because of Thadayara T.. even Malai Malai, Manja Velu are definitely not his type.. i feel he can do some soft roles like Iyarkai

NOV
8th July 2012, 09:05 AM
on the contrary, I think Arun Vijay fits into the toughie role more than the so called mass heroes :p

Balaji.r
8th July 2012, 09:12 AM
whattodo; padam theatre-a vittu oduthu, theatre-la oda maatenguthu

groucho070
9th July 2012, 09:13 AM
Opening frame is aNNanGrabs a fellow by the hair and says, "enada moonji ithu, enna moonja ithu pO!!" Again, wtf moment only aNNan possible :lol:

P_R
9th July 2012, 09:21 AM
kAttukkuLLE ...(coy expression) kannipoNNu :lol:

KlamRoyA
9th July 2012, 10:18 AM
yesterday watched 2 movies in my room..

1. Thadaiyara Thaakka :

Gud movie.. screenplay is also gud.. Arun vijay did his job gud.. bt his 'bad raasi' , padam flop nu niniakkiren...

2. Raattinam :

Same story of 'Kaadhal' .. bt padam nalla irukku... keeroine nalla vellaiya 'hansika' maathiri irukka...
rendu perum sethuruvaangalonu ninaichen.. jodi exchange aayidutchu...
intha padam thaan GVM stage'la pugalzhthaaru...
movie is nt bad at all.. oru thaba paarkkalam...

19thmay
9th July 2012, 02:38 PM
indha aLavukku kooda ippO irukka commercial padam illeeng. Even the ponnambalam fight etc, easy-aa flow aagudhu..

idhaithanga nan thirumbha thirumbha inge sollikittu irukken... each one had their own style in 80's..
now, everyone does the same kind of film - style of acting repeatedly... endha padathula yaru nadichalum onnum periya vithyasam vara poradhillai.. onnu rendu padangalai thavirthu

Unma thaan. I agree with you.But idhu thaan generation gap pola? As like our elders stick with Shivaji,MGR etc?

groucho070
12th July 2012, 08:22 AM
Vigneshwar.

Liked it then, liked it now.
Karthik shines.
Radha Ravi, classy.
Kushboo (own voice?).
No songs. Very fast paced.
Smart for its time (suttufy climax bad guy killing from Diamonds are Forever).

Written and directed by R. Raghu. What happened to him?

littlemaster1982
12th July 2012, 08:57 AM
Woww, indha padatthai patthi orutthar pesaradhai ippadhaan kekkaren :D It was my favorite then too.

Raghu directed two more films, Kattapanchayathu and Chinna Kannamma. Hope you know that he is VKR's son.

groucho070
12th July 2012, 09:22 AM
Thanks for info LM, I didn't know he was the great VKR's son.

Whatever happened to that Karthik, he was in full command, action-A irunthAlum sari, romance, pathos, superb!!!

raajarasigan
12th July 2012, 10:57 AM
Vigneshwar.
Kushboo (own voice?).
No songs. Very fast paced.
yes, kushboo's own voice... No songs :confused: kushboo booz paNNittu pAdRa mAdhiri oru pAttu irukkunnu nenaikkarEn..

groucho070
12th July 2012, 11:16 AM
This time I started watching when both Karthik and Radha Ravi are at the airport waiting the latter's brother. Might have missed her song. By the way, her own voice nallA thAnE irukku. Did well in the crying scene...

Plum
12th July 2012, 11:40 PM
RR - ivLO dhooram vandhuttEn,. unga sandhEgathai theerkkAma pOnA mahA pAavamm. aayiram poRkAsugaLai nakkeranai consult paNNAma parcel paNNi veinga:

That song is "Ramya Rum-mu gimmu pOdalAmA"

AravindMano
13th July 2012, 08:05 AM
Billa 2. One of the most ridiculous films ever. :notworthy: Not even a single scene, I mean a *single* *scene*, has some thought gone into it. One of the most ridiculous rescue sequence, song sequence, foreen episode - the list is endless. Ajith's non-performance is extremely baffling. Chakri Toleti, OUT forever, thank you.

SPOILER The film is so honest that it kills off a large number of characters during the final reels for us. I was supremely delighted. END OF SPOILER

aceqoxim
13th July 2012, 05:16 PM
Watched Billa-2. AK- It's okay to act in romance/drama/comedy once in a while. I miss the eh hey hey keechu kiliye Ajit, wake me up when that guy comes back.

raajarasigan
13th July 2012, 05:23 PM
RR - ivLO dhooram vandhuttEn,. unga sandhEgathai theerkkAma pOnA mahA pAavamm. aayiram poRkAsugaLai nakkeranai consult paNNAma parcel paNNi veinga:

That song is "Ramya Rum-mu gimmu pOdalAmA"just now saw this post.. :oops: ithukkuthAn neenga inga veNUm'garen... :wink:

app_engine
13th July 2012, 10:39 PM
mouna guru

Started a few days back & daily oru 10 min / 15 min -nu pOyittirukku.

innum mudikkalai, just idaivELai crossed...(In any case, it is not like a movie but more like a TV nAdakam, so indha mAthiri dhAn pAkka mudiyum)

avvaLavA pidikkalainnAlum vidavum mudiyalai :lol2:

Saai
13th July 2012, 10:39 PM
Billa 2

Kadugalavu kooda moolaya use pannama screenplay eludhirukainga. Movie has so many inspirations from scarface -very good choice for a prequel. Hero gets a risky ladder once in a while to move up the ranks. Fine!..but how he does it.

One sample: Billa has to escape with a huge weapon shipment from an army base. how he does it? perusa onnumilla..nera lorrila poyi oru right turn! Chakri :clap: neenga nalla varuveenga thambi

Every ten minutes pettiya mathurainga -roadla, boatla, mosque munaadi! sari paraallaa vitudalaam. sammandhame illama oru nooru pera sutrupainga. heroyini - arumaya kadhapathiram

Positives:

Figures -shabbaaa... 120 rupees perfect returns. madhura ponnu paatlaam close up vechu kalakitainga ..biutipul.
Yuvan - Good in BGM and a couple of songs were really good
Cinematography - slick
Ajith was good in parts...

P_R
13th July 2012, 10:47 PM
:rotfl:

kid-glove
13th July 2012, 10:52 PM
Don't roll around, haters. Phoenix will rise.

smaiitm
13th July 2012, 10:56 PM
BILLA 2

Outstanding: Camera / Cinematography by RD Rajasekhar. Hats off!
Very Good: Black and White Collage Song. Found it extremely different and great visual treat.
Good: Ajith's action sequences as those of Vidyut. Slick and mean. None of the flying birds variety of fights. Refreshing. Though some are very violent. Example, the cop /security fellow getting killed while being straddled. Certainly not for family audience.
Average: Music / RR / BGM - Music was loud and used to fill the glaring shortfalls in the movie and that gets us to,
Poor: Story / Screenplay. This lets Ajith down badly. Give him something like Mankatha. Need to see him smile and do the things he does well.

HonestRaj
13th July 2012, 11:18 PM
saai..

first few lines of review :lol:

Bala (Karthik)
15th July 2012, 12:50 AM
Billa 2 - Mudiyala!...

Aandavar edhukku Chakri kooda ellaam friendship vechirukkaaru? :shaking:

selvakumar
15th July 2012, 01:10 AM
Bala - enga paartheenga? % occupancy?

Bala (Karthik)
15th July 2012, 01:16 AM
Inga Golden Village, Tampines - not sure if any Tamil movie was released here after Eldhiran. Around 70% full, midnight show (two midnight shows vechirukkaanga)

selvakumar
15th July 2012, 01:17 AM
oh! :) Thanks Bala.

app_engine
15th July 2012, 03:27 AM
mouna guru

Started a few days back & daily oru 10 min / 15 min -nu pOyittirukku.

innum mudikkalai, just idaivELai crossed...(In any case, it is not like a movie but more like a TV nAdakam, so indha mAthiri dhAn pAkka mudiyum)

avvaLavA pidikkalainnAlum vidavum mudiyalai :lol2:

Completed...considering the crew & cast, and with the TV nAdakam benchmark, pass marks can be given!

Thirumaran
15th July 2012, 12:30 PM
பில்லா 2::

பண்டிதர்கள், பண்டிதர்களாக நினைத்து கொண்டிருப்பவர்கள், பண்டிதர்களாக விடா முயற்சி செய்து கொண்டிருப்பவர்கள் இந்த படத்தை தவிர்க்கலாம்.

yaaro :: அப்ப மத்தவங்க இந்த படம் பார்க்கலாமா..

:naayagan_cry: (chinni Jeyanth's mimicry voice)

kid-glove
15th July 2012, 12:37 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl2:

Sid_316
15th July 2012, 12:53 PM
Some of the above posts :lol2:

Siv.S
15th July 2012, 12:55 PM
Nothing related to Billa2 reviews

A pandit wannabe is the one who tries to brand others as pandits and thinks that their views alone are worthwhile,with no respect to other views. ;)

NOV
15th July 2012, 12:58 PM
A pandit wannabe is the one who tries to brand others as pandits and thinks that their views alone are worthwhile,with no respect to other views. ;) +1 :)

kid-glove
15th July 2012, 01:32 PM

A pandit wannabe is the one who tries to brand others as pandits and thinks that their views alone are worthwhile,with no respect to other views. ;)

Well said, adhukku thaan naan yaarayum serious-a edhukkuradhE illai. Oh wait...

ajaybaskar
15th July 2012, 03:23 PM
Ctrl C, Ctrl V of Sid_316's last post.

BM
20th July 2012, 06:15 PM
The Dark Knight Rises - It will be the weakest in Nolan's filmography. Nevertheless i liked the movie.

P_R
20th July 2012, 06:30 PM
Insomnia pArththirukkeengaLA?

BM
20th July 2012, 06:45 PM
avarOda ellA padamum pAthu irukEnga.

P_R
20th July 2012, 07:28 PM
adhai vida idhu mOsAmndreengaLA :-(

BM
20th July 2012, 07:48 PM
Naan, "Director+Writer" ngratha manasula vechi sonnenga. Inception ellam paathutu, ithu enakku konjam disappointment thaan.

P_R
20th July 2012, 07:50 PM
Of course. Inception ellAm untoppable.

Nerd
20th July 2012, 07:54 PM
Karakattakkaaran (First two hours) - Brilliant comedy scenes, unimaginably awesome music and a decent screenplay to boot. No wonder the film shattered so many records. Senthil was superb in the film. Almost as good as aNNan. This dialogue caught my notice yesterday:

After the fight just before the pOtti song. (Surely not funny while you read this)
S: vaanga ellaarum kaiyai kaalai kazhuvittu coffee saappidalaam
G: coffee saappidappORathu vaai adhukku edhukkudaa kaiyai kaalai kazhuvanum :rotfl3:

And every single attempt of Senthil to steal something to eat and how aNNan evades it is :rotfl: Even the *kick* to prevent Senthil from drinking the milk was on perfect timing.

app_engine
20th July 2012, 07:59 PM

telephonil 'mute' button kaNdupidichchavan vAzhka!
(Otherwise I don't know how many people I would have driven mad during conf calls)

Anban
20th July 2012, 08:02 PM
adhai vida idhu mOsAmndreengaLA :-(

Interesting till interval .. brilliant lines .. nothing spectacular though ..

joe
20th July 2012, 08:05 PM
Kalakalappu - sumaar .
As usual differ with many , Vimal better than siva ..But best is Ilavarasu .

Nerd
20th July 2012, 08:09 PM
And my favorite Senthil line from Karakattakkaaran comes when they leave the town after the first performance

Sh Su: Thambi, paaththu medhuvaa pOnagappaa..
S: neenga sonnaalum sollaattiyum idhu appadi thaan pOvum :rotfl3: :rotfl:

SoftSword
20th July 2012, 08:13 PM
annae perichambalau....

chinnavayasula enga maama veettu dagadaga ambassadorla porappo adikkadi solradhu...

ajaybaskar
20th July 2012, 08:52 PM
The Dark Knight Rises

A perfect completion of the trilogy. Bane is not menacing as the Joker but I have no regrets. Needless to say Zimmer deserves major credit.

venkkiram
20th July 2012, 09:10 PM
The Dark Knight Rises

A perfect completion of the trilogy.

GF-கப்போலா, LOTR-ஜாக்சன் வரிசையில் நோலனும் வரலாற்றில் இடம்பெறுவாரா? Great.

SoftSword
20th July 2012, 09:17 PM
GF - LOTR on the same lines?? :evil:

P_R
20th July 2012, 09:31 PM
லொட்ர் அவ்ளோ பெரிய தில்லாலங்கடியா?

ajaybaskar
20th July 2012, 09:40 PM
LOTRah? ADhu ellam kooda listla irukkaa? :roll:

venkkiram
20th July 2012, 09:43 PM
எனது இதுவரையிலான படம் பார்த்த அனுபவங்களில் மூன்று பாகங்களுமே ஒன்னோட ஒன்று சற்றும் விட்டுக்கொடுக்காமல் இருப்பது "லொட்ர்" மட்டும்தான்.

venkkiram
20th July 2012, 09:46 PM
GF - LOTR on the same lines?? :evil: உடனே தலை முதல் பாதம் வரை ஒப்பிடுறதா? I meant in the context of Trilogy.

Anban
20th July 2012, 09:50 PM
The dark knight rises ...

Hope for a good finish .. gets fulfilled .. satisfying

SoftSword
20th July 2012, 10:08 PM
உடனே தலை முதல் பாதம் வரை ஒப்பிடுறதா? I meant in the context of Trilogy.

oh apdina ok...
allergic to maaruvesam/rubber makeup/allien look etc so...

Plum
20th July 2012, 10:23 PM
allergic to mAruvEsham
vAlpArai varadhan? :)

Nerd
20th July 2012, 11:08 PM
LOTR - Saw the 2nd part in Sippy, Trichy without knowing anything about the film. The name was two towers(?) so I thought this was related to 9/11. For a few minutes I was not sure if it was because of my *state* that I saw trees walking and talking to each other :oops:

Anyway one of those films which I have been meaning to watch with an open mind.

SoftSword
21st July 2012, 02:01 AM
vAlpArai varadhan? :)

varadhan only one eye covered no... accepted varadhan, balram naidu etc...
i mean not too much rubber... infact indian thaattha too accepted to some extent...
but lotr... too much rubber, swellings on face head etc., sorry rejetted....

SoftSword
21st July 2012, 02:02 AM
LOTR - Saw the 2nd part in Sippy, Trichy without knowing anything about the film. The name was two towers(?) so I thought this was related to 9/11. For a few minutes I was not sure if it was because of my *state* that I saw trees walking and talking to each other :oops:

Anyway one of those films which I have been meaning to watch with an open mind.

state - lol...
meaning to watch with open mind?

Nerd
21st July 2012, 02:12 AM
adhaavadhu, fantasies can be fun, can watch to silaakichufy how imaginative the films are etc., Pan's Labyrinth is among the few fantasy films I have seen. That was a good one.

I used to hate animation films too, but don't mind them at all now.

Roshan
21st July 2012, 03:26 AM

Sooperabbu :thumbsup: :notworthy: :lol2: ( the last icon is for the 'wannabe pandits' )

Roshan
21st July 2012, 03:32 AM
Watched "Kanchana' on the flight from Dublin to Dubai. Kovai Sarala at her best once again. She single handedly pulls off the 1st half. Decent performances from others except Lakshmi Rai. She was an unnecessary fitting. A good comedy entertainer though I heard it was advertised as a horror flick.

BM
21st July 2012, 07:45 AM
The Dark Knight Rises - It will be the weakest in Nolan's filmography. Nevertheless i liked the movie.

In the Stock market hijack sequence, when i was eagerly waiting for how Nolan made them to escape from the surrounded police force, SWAT team ect, the way he executed it remainded me chakri toleti. Batman vs Bane fight sequences, twist in the tale (which made the Bane role weak), bomb diffusion scene, again a twist after that (this time anybody can guess that), ellame highly unlikely Nolan. Except for happy ending, enakku disappointing thaan.

directhit
21st July 2012, 08:54 AM
Dark Knight Rises - sky high expectations perhaps cost me dear.. Bane's mask made some of his dialogues less comprehensible for me :( One of the things i look forward to in a Nolan movie is dialogues and somehow Rises didnt satisfy me there.. agree with BM on one of the twists making Bane's role weak. Hathway was good, and so was Bale. Tom Hardy was good in some scenes, but comparing him with Heath is what brings him and Rises movie down, perhaps I shouldnt have rewatched Dark Knight the day before ;)

joe
21st July 2012, 10:39 PM
Naan Eee - Brilliant :clap:

Rajamouli :clap: Sudeep :notworthy:

joe
22nd July 2012, 04:26 PM
Passenger (Malayalam)
- Nice screenplay ,Nice movie

19thmay
22nd July 2012, 08:32 PM
Naan Eee - Brilliant :clap:

Rajamouli :clap: Sudeep :notworthy:

Yes it was unexpected. I went to theater reluctantly but complete entertainment package.

joe
22nd July 2012, 08:52 PM
complete entertainment package.
ஈ திரையில் தோன்றைய நிமிடத்திலிருந்து இறுதிவரை பொழுதுபோக்குக்கு பாடமே நடத்தியிருக்கிறார்கள்.

app_engine
23rd July 2012, 08:29 AM
salangai oli

brilliant!

vERa enna solla :-)

Bala (Karthik)
23rd July 2012, 08:46 AM
Joe
Naan E nammoorla odutha?

joe
23rd July 2012, 09:31 AM
Joe
Naan E nammoorla odutha?

Yes , Rex Screen 3 , Saturday parthen

Cinemarasigan
23rd July 2012, 10:38 AM
salangai oli

brilliant!

vERa enna solla :-)

Niraya Sollalaam...

Kamalin migaiyillAdha nadippu, attahaasamaana nadanam.. arpudhamaana azhagu...

Jayapradha - what a divine beauty... IMO there is no heroine in Indian cinema could have done this role aptly... :bow:

Excellent Songs & Music.. Supeb Direction by Vishwanath!! :bow:

Once in a lifetime kind of movie this is for all the people involved..

smaiitm
23rd July 2012, 10:56 AM
Saw Kamal's Mumbai Express for the first time yesterday. Pasupathy, Nasser and even Vyapuri are great. Kamal is brilliant, except that the accent seems forced and misplaced. Manisha looks beautiful! Enjoyable movie, though it seems to drag a bit in the second half. Wondering how I missed it during its release.

ajaybaskar
23rd July 2012, 11:22 AM
May Madham on K TV

One doubt. Which year did GV die?

littlemaster1982
23rd July 2012, 11:41 AM
May Madham on K TV

Around 2002 I think. Sokkathangam was his last production, right?

Prabo
23rd July 2012, 03:52 PM
May Madham on K TV

2003 I think. After Thamizhan disaster, Sokkathangam which I remember was 2003 pongal release too didn't help him....

kid-glove
23rd July 2012, 03:57 PM
Wondering how I missed it during its release.
Shanti theAter operator neenga thaana?

Thirumaran
23rd July 2012, 04:03 PM
May Madham on K TV

ennamo solla vareengannu theriyuthu.. direct aa sollunga ajay :yes: ethukku suththi valaichchu :wink:

hattori_hanzo
23rd July 2012, 04:35 PM
He produced another dud, 'Aei Nee Romba Azhaga Irukke'

smaiitm
24th July 2012, 12:47 AM
Continuing with films of Kamal that I missed seeing... Manmadhan Ambu - Excellent First half, drags big time in the second. Kamal comes up with a performance that is quite authentic, though he seems uncomfortable holding to a specific accent through the movie. It was great to see Trisha do her part without the overboard histrionics that seem quite common in some of her roles in Telugu cinema. Madhavan is a big bore with not so required screen presence. Some very sensitive scenes..where Kamal talks about missing his wife, for example. Some sequences seemed to have been included in a not so effective sequence. Wish his reminiscences with his wife came before the scenes where he talks about how he misses her. My opinion, of course.

app_engine
24th July 2012, 02:58 AM
Whenever I watched salangai oli previously, the climax scene in which KH acknowledges audience applause gave me some nerudal (very low though).

However, this time it didn't. Possibly because of a post in the SPB-IR page by V_Sji. Let me try to dwell on that aspect.

Unlike similar classics of its past (thillAnA mOganAmbAL, sankarAbharaNam) or the later ones (sindhu bhairavi, vAnaprastham), salangai oli's artist suffers from a unique situation all his life.

i.e. Unlike all those artists, he never gets to perform on ANY stage :shock: That's such a stark contrast!

He dances drunk in the newspaper office (pancha boothangaLum muka vadivAkum), as an assistant to a drunk movie guy during rehearsals for the hero (vAn pOlE vaNNam koNdu), dances in a temple (in front of Ganesh, after the film field experience), in the kalyANa maNdapa kitchen (bala kanaga), in a hillside jungle / in front of dying mum in her kudisai (nAdha vinOdhangaL), in the guest house near kiNaRu (thakida thadhimi) and finally in the hospital (vEdham).

Despite being an artist of great calibre & immense potential, never got name / fame / money. More importantly, never got to dance on a stage in front of a big audience! Very unique in a movie about a classical artist in the IF context, in my siRRaRivu :-)

And, he did miss out one of the top opportunities of being on the same stage with some of the top performers of the country! (Ofcourse he loses another equally important thing, the sweet beautiful life partner :oops: That way, thillAnA / sindhu / vAnaprastham guys are not that unfortunate :wink:)

That's why, sitting in a wheel-chair, on-stage in front of a crowd for the first time, he is overcome with emotions -"intha nilaiyil dhan nAn mEdai ERuvadhu sAththiyamO" -and doesn't mind acknowledging the applause (without any show of "sabhai vaNakkam / praNAmam" etc but encouraging the audience with upward palm movements).

K Viswanath, :thumbsup:

selvakumar
25th July 2012, 10:02 PM
Dark Night Rises - Pretty bad. Intha padam ethukku eduthaanunga. The advantage with the previous version is the screenplay. Till the end you don't know who is the bad guy. Suspense nalla irunthathu.

batman 3 - dull, linear and funny movie inspired from tamil masalas. Hero worrying about his love> People want him back > Hero comes > gets his name. Ithukku melana captain films are better. Antha atom bomb climax :) ROTFL

I saw the movie in Bala GAnesh Sivakasi :P For the first 20 mins, no audio. Sema ragalai. AFter that, they screened the movies from the beginning again. padam pudikkatha audience.. theater karana sema kalai :lol:

BTB, Naan E doing well :thumbsup: in Sivakasi. :clap: Couldn't get tickets for both Billa & Naan E.

selvakumar
25th July 2012, 10:03 PM
And Christian Bale ah paarka motha scene la MIKE MOHAN maathiriyae irunthathu.. :lol2:

SoftSword
25th July 2012, 10:07 PM
honest.... selvaa koopidraar...

P_R
25th July 2012, 10:14 PM
naan E :clap:

Nerd
25th July 2012, 10:32 PM
naan E :clap:
I also liked whatever I saw on TV :oops: Wildly imaginative. Have to catch the film soon. Lotus DVD eppa releaseO..

P_R
25th July 2012, 10:39 PM
First hour or so is kinda kadi.
Once the fly appear the film kinda holds it own. Except for a couple of dull or thistoomuch stretches, the film kinda holds its own.
It is just one gig after another till the end. Tom and Jerry marathonA pAkkura maadhiri irunch. sila pErukku idhu overdose-A irukkalaam.

But idhu pOnRa kalai muyarchigaLai ookkappaduththiyE aagaNum.
namma paththirikaihal, sangarji mokkai kosu scene-ku ellAm kodai pudicchAnga.

kid-glove
25th July 2012, 10:57 PM
Trailer parthu sonnEnE. Oracle of Forumhub.

HonestRaj
25th July 2012, 10:59 PM
Tom and Jerry marathonA pAkkura maadhiri irunch.

:)

// Tom & Jerry // -- i too posted the same..

Movie Cop
25th July 2012, 10:59 PM
Kalakalappu @ Masala Cafe

Padam is OK. Was able to finish off the movie in one sitting. So, appalling is the Tamil comedy movies of recent times, that this one looks fine to me.

Far better than the overrated BEB and the "soora mokkai" OKOK.

Kalavani thambi is ok but in several places his accented low tone makes him sound perilously close to effeminate. :oops:
Michi Siva is disappointing. For Anjali, it’s an “Engeyum Eppodum” refeat during first half and she does it well… The surprise package is from “Mokkai Mannan” Santhanam. For a change, Santham has a positive effect on the movie… :lol2:

SoftSword
26th July 2012, 08:46 PM
watched avargal last nite.. very gripping with twist after twists... (first time watching)
can only think abt the director in every scene, dialogue, thinking, approach.. KB topclass :clap:

venkkiram
26th July 2012, 08:50 PM
watched avargal last nite.. very gripping with twist after twists... (first time watching)
can only think abt the director in every scene, dialogue, thinking, approach.. KB topclass :clap:

"A working women putting her kid in a daycare center" - இந்தக் காலத்துக்கும் ஏற்றார்போல அப்போதே அதே காட்சிப் படுத்தியிருக்கிறார் பாருங்கள்! தீர்க்க தரிசி அவர்! :notworthy:

Nerd
26th July 2012, 10:04 PM

:twisted: innum idhu maadhiri eththanai?

SoftSword
26th July 2012, 10:10 PM
hav seen in parts :oops: but never got a nice print...
day before watched un kannil neer vazhindhaal after someone here spoke abt that movie... not so good... only was good in parts...

Plum
26th July 2012, 10:12 PM
Nerd, have you seen phool panaynagara?

Nerd
26th July 2012, 10:20 PM
panaynagara :lol: Yes seen it. Rajini police - gets killed.

SoftSword
26th July 2012, 10:22 PM
Nerd, have you seen phool panaynagara?

sounds like babu-ganesan joke....

tamizharasan
26th July 2012, 10:23 PM
now let me start.
Watched nayagan last nite (first time). I think Kamal did a good job considering the situation he was in during those times. Definitely one of the best movies released during 1987 deepavali.

venkkiram
26th July 2012, 10:56 PM
now let me start.
Watched nayagan last nite (first time). I think Kamal did a good job considering the situation he was in during those times. Definitely one of the best movies released during 1987 deepavali. நீங்க சொல்றத பார்த்தா, அந்த அளவுக்கு வேறு சில சிறப்பான படங்கள் அந்த தீபாவளி நேரத்தில் வந்ததாக தோன்றுகிறதே? அவைகளின் பெயர்களையும் குறிப்பிடுங்கள்.

tamizharasan
26th July 2012, 11:58 PM
நீங்க சொல்றத பார்த்தா, அந்த அளவுக்கு வேறு சில சிறப்பான படங்கள் அந்த தீபாவளி நேரத்தில் வந்ததாக தோன்றுகிறதே? அவைகளின் பெயர்களையும் குறிப்பிடுங்கள்.
I need to first watch them before I comment about them.

HonestRaj
29th July 2012, 05:17 PM
SRI RAMA RAJJIYAM

- good, can be watched once, lengthy - 2 hrs 40 mins
- started well.. but lot of 2 min songs after certain point.. i was bored at that
- one thing to say.. Chinmayi's voice for nayanthara stands out... her voice is not sync's well with good looking heroines.. whenever i hear it.. chinmayi's face comes to my mind.. similar to the dubbing of Deepa Venkat...
- otherwise, a good film & you will know the story of Ramar-Seethai...

joe
29th July 2012, 08:08 PM
Watched 'Karnan' @Golden Digital , Singapore with my Son .
As NOV mentioned first 15 mins are shaky ,then it is very clear .

Noted few points

- My son (now 6+ ) liked the movie very much ..Infact I noticed that He wiped his tears when Karnan got arrows
- Though I watched many times (Theatres , TV, DVD) ,I felt that current audience should have felt bit impatience for few songs ,which they may not familiar with ..especially the song on valaikappu .
- There were only about 100 people in theatre and i noticed most of them are not local Singaporeans ,but singapore residents from India , most should have seen the movie with theatre experience before ..This opertunity of watching a old NT movie in theatre should be better utilised by local singaporeans , who would have never get such opertunity ,but sadly it is missing . I assume many didn't even know Karnan is screened .
- For the first time ,I have seen very old ladies (should be in 80's) were brought by their families ..they were seen so happy when returning back .

Regarding the movie and NT , Goosebumps in many places especially in last 30 mins .. None like him before and after him.

Nerd
29th July 2012, 09:31 PM
SRI RAMA RAJJIYAM

- good, can be watched once, lengthy - 2 hrs 40 mins
- started well.. but lot of 2 min songs after certain point.. i was bored at that
- one thing to say.. Chinmayi's voice for nayanthara stands out... her voice is not sync's well with good looking heroines.. whenever i hear it.. chinmayi's face comes to my mind.. similar to the dubbing of Deepa Venkat...
- otherwise, a good film & you will know the story of Ramar-Seethai...
D/L panni oru maasam aachchu. Chinmayi is the single reason which has been putting me off. As for the songs go, I like a few songs from the original Telugu version (SPB/ShreyaG). Anyway eppadiyaavadhu muyaRchi senju paaththuranum.

Murali Srinivas
29th July 2012, 09:38 PM
Nerd,

Have they released Karnan in your place? Any plans to watch?

For that matter, app_e do you have a chance?

Bala?

Regards

Plum
29th July 2012, 09:44 PM
Aanestu - nice to know youngsters could connect to a movie made by a 80 year old man :)

Nerd - neRaiya handicap kodukkaNum. 80 vayasu director. Some poor performances(esp by the children playing key characters), Ramayan 80's style graphics...irundhAlum idhaiyelLAm patch paNNi pOda IR iruppadhAl, IR fans like you will not be disappointed.

Nerd
29th July 2012, 09:47 PM
Murali sir, unfortunately no. I live in Kentucky and we don't have so many Tamils living here. Even when it comes to new films, only very few release. Most films release in Indianapolis (2.5 hrs drive) or Cincinnati (1.5 hrs drive) but Karnan has not been released at both the places.

Plum - I still haven't read your posts about the film. But they have been bookmarked. Will read them after I watch the film.

Bala (Karthik)
29th July 2012, 10:41 PM
Murali Sir
Was supposed to join Joe today but couldn't make it, unfortunately.

Joe
I expected this 100% - the fact that only expats came to see the movie. Why is this surprising?
Well, Saguni 4 show oditrukku :banghead:

interz
30th July 2012, 02:05 AM
Manam kothi paravai - watchable once.

I had doubts whether I could overcome watching Sivakarthikeyan as male lead. But its good to see he is in the field where he can be compared to the stars he makes fun of. I think this role was tailor made for Vimal. Director Ezhil took a big chance using a TV comedian as a male lead in movie but it paid off. Sivakarthikeyan fits as the useless son who gives dad more grey hairs on the head.

Heroine is very stereotype, she reminds a lot of the female lead in Milaga (which no one else watched). As usual playing hard to get despite the love she has for the male lead.

Biggest plusses are comedy and songs. Singamuthu and the bearded guy I saw in Velayutham, Sreenath, Chams and villain brother makes it enjoyable when the movie is getting a tad boring.
D Imaan is very good at moment, all songs are suits the mood of the movie.

Kudos to Ezhil to make a simple and neat village based movie.

app_engine
30th July 2012, 07:59 AM
Murali sir,
I haven't seen any KarNan ad in miindia.com (or in Indian stores)...probably not in Detroit area :oops:

jaiganes
30th July 2012, 09:58 AM
Aanestu - nice to know youngsters could connect to a movie made by a 80 year old man :)

Nerd - neRaiya handicap kodukkaNum. 80 vayasu director. Some poor performances(esp by the children playing key characters), Ramayan 80's style graphics...irundhAlum idhaiyelLAm patch paNNi pOda IR iruppadhAl, IR fans like you will not be disappointed.
i saw it finally. surprisingly the biggest takeaway from the movie
is balakrishna's performance, despite all the blue makeup. The movie
could well have been stripped of all songs and mythological backdrop
and released in the 80s. However releasing in this day and age,
it gives a pleasant memory of touching family dramas of the 70s
and scores because of the mythology. Emotionally couldnt stop
shedding a drop of tear or two when sita returns to bhoo devi
and rama calling out desperately. while ramayana is an epic,
uttara ramayana makes it a human epic. kudos to everyone
who were in this movie and specially to bapu to have such a
clarity of vision.

Plum
30th July 2012, 05:32 PM
Jai - bapu himself has made uttara ramayana twice before I believe. Not to mention several social movies wherein he made references from this story. I will take the point on NBK - he did surprise, but not so much considering his genes and that he has previous in mythologicals. He made his debut in one(as Abhimanyu I think). But he still mangled up his dialogue delivery which was too hurried(typical of him). I'll also confess tears at the last event - I guess that is where the IR effect comes in. I am fairly sure I wouldn't have been as moved without the BGM. :facepalm: at git clove and F_R for their advocacy of less importance to BGM. Music illaina padam edukkaRadhaiyE nippAttungadA! (I might change my mind if more movies like aadukalam happen - appealing despite the music)

P_R
30th July 2012, 05:51 PM
JI'll also confess tears at the last event adada...kallukkuL eeram.

:facepalm: at git clove and F_R for their advocacy of less importance to BGM. yOv, ennamO meesicE irukkappadaadhunnu solRa maadhiri. nalla padaththula enhance paNNumnum solliyAchchu.
dabbA padaththai ellAm BGM-E thookki niRuththumnu ellAm solRadhukku mattum dhaan :roll:

I might change my mind if more movies like aadukalam happen - appealing despite the music aduththu, idhai paththi 2022-la pEsuvOm.

SoftSword
30th July 2012, 05:53 PM
2002'la enna pesinom?

jaiganes
30th July 2012, 06:06 PM
Jai - bapu himself has made uttara ramayana twice before I believe. Not to mention several social movies wherein he made references from this story. I will take the point on NBK - he did surprise, but not so much considering his genes and that he has previous in mythologicals. He made his debut in one(as Abhimanyu I think). But he still mangled up his dialogue delivery which was too hurried(typical of him). I'll also confess tears at the last event - I guess that is where the IR effect comes in. I am fairly sure I wouldn't have been as moved without the BGM. :facepalm: at git clove and F_R for their advocacy of less importance to BGM. Music illaina padam edukkaRadhaiyE nippAttungadA! (I might change my mind if more movies like aadukalam happen - appealing despite the music)
as far as dialaak delivery - have no complaints as it was wonderfully emotive SPB whose voice I heard - oru paatukke sokkarome - padam pooravum koral kaettaa?
wow...
Now coming to dialogues - piraisoodan has done a great job - sometimes he chooses to use the original sanskrit word as is and sometimes he gives lip sync a damn and translates - effect is that with music and sound track - the movie really crosses chittoor border and eases into thamizh nadu territory.
special mention to whoever did art direction - andha kaalaththu bala mithra, ambuli maama paintings 3D la paartha effect and that is another clincer for this movie - to see it in big screen is a bhagyam to eyes and I envy those who did.
nayanthara - this is the role of your lifetime and thank GOD you realised and GOD helped you by opening your eyes to the bearded monkey you were about to live with - aanmeegamaa kokkaa?

SoftSword
30th July 2012, 06:12 PM
jai... seethaikku vakkaalattha..
btw, is it tamil dubbed and released? maha-B, rama-N'la ellaam very interest...

Cinemarasigan
30th July 2012, 07:02 PM
Tamil Dubbing is released in US also?

jaiganes
30th July 2012, 08:25 PM
Tamil Dubbing is released in US also?
nope nope - torrent - DVD 5 print.. kannula oththikkalaam.
One downside is that my daughter was crushed to see Seetha and Rama separated - went to bed saying "husband and wife should stay together"..
I kept telling her "Naanga mattum illainnaa sonnOm?"

jaiganes
30th July 2012, 08:27 PM
jai... seethaikku vakkaalattha..
btw, is it tamil dubbed and released? maha-B, rama-N'la ellaam very interest...
If there was any character who always had the vakkalath in this story - it is sita - right from confused feminists to
pseudo atheistic dravidian politico s*** balls who had no care for religious mythology.
This movie presents Rama's case and how hard it is to balance public expectations of rulers and personal life - KalaignarG take a
note here...

SoftSword
30th July 2012, 08:31 PM
jai, link plis. no, not in pm.

jaiganes
30th July 2012, 08:43 PM
jai, link plis. no, not in pm.

lifecomeyou (or) lifesaraswathi endla .com poattukanum sariya? - hope you get it.

SoftSword
30th July 2012, 09:07 PM
ok thanks.

Parthyy
30th July 2012, 10:34 PM
Ice Age4-Continental Drift Fantabulous experience :clap: better than previous 3 versions

littlemaster1982
30th July 2012, 10:45 PM
Ice Age4-Continental Drift Fantabulous experience :clap: better than previous 3 versions

Nijamaadhan solreengala :roll: I found it quite tedious with bucket load of characters serving no purpose. First one is still the best, IMO.

ajithfederer
30th July 2012, 11:12 PM
+1. Quite an watchable film.

Manam kothi paravai - watchable once.

I had doubts whether I could overcome watching Sivakarthikeyan as male lead. But its good to see he is in the field where he can be compared to the stars he makes fun of. I think this role was tailor made for Vimal. Director Ezhil took a big chance using a TV comedian as a male lead in movie but it paid off. Sivakarthikeyan fits as the useless son who gives dad more grey hairs on the head.

Heroine is very stereotype, she reminds a lot of the female lead in Milaga (which no one else watched). As usual playing hard to get despite the love she has for the male lead.

Biggest plusses are comedy and songs. Singamuthu and the bearded guy I saw in Velayutham, Sreenath, Chams and villain brother makes it enjoyable when the movie is getting a tad boring.
D Imaan is very good at moment, all songs are suits the mood of the movie.

Kudos to Ezhil to make a simple and neat village based movie.

Parthyy
30th July 2012, 11:17 PM
Nijamaadhan solreengala :roll: I found it quite tedious with bucket load of characters serving no purpose. First one is still the best, IMO.

Felt movie filled with lot of actions than previous ,also 3D experiece was awesome and some witty onelines were really hilarious.Btw watched wit cousin,bunch of kids,atmosphere was full of shouts,laughs making alltogether different * experience * may be due to that i felt this one more entertaining than previous

HonestRaj
30th July 2012, 11:34 PM
as far as dialaak delivery - have no complaints as it was wonderfully emotive SPB whose voice I heard - oru paatukke sokkarome - padam pooravum koral kaettaa?
wow...
Now coming to dialogues - piraisoodan has done a great job - sometimes he chooses to use the original sanskrit word as is and sometimes he gives lip sync a damn and translates - effect is that with music and sound track - the movie really crosses chittoor border and eases into thamizh nadu territory.
special mention to whoever did art direction - andha kaalaththu bala mithra, ambuli maama paintings 3D la paartha effect and that is another clincer for this movie - to see it in big screen is a bhagyam to eyes and I envy those who did.
nayanthara - this is the role of your lifetime and thank GOD you realised and GOD helped you by opening your eyes to the bearded monkey you were about to live with - aanmeegamaa kokkaa?

yes, Piraisoodan's dialogues & lyrics were good..
didn't felt like watching a dubbing film

Art direction.. i thought most of the sets are graphics similar to "Magadheera" flashback..

soft.. print summa paLingu madhiri irundhadhu.. 700 mb thaan

jaiganes
30th July 2012, 11:35 PM
Felt movie filled with lot of actions than previous ,also 3D experiece was awesome and some witty onelines were really hilarious.Btw watched wit cousin,bunch of kids,atmosphere was full of shouts,laughs making alltogether different * experience * may be due to that i felt this one more entertaining than previous
idhu ellaarukkum nadakkaradhu dhaan. aanaa indha kittu adhayellaam purinjukuraara? hmhoom. welcome to the club of Dead Opinion Carriers...

jaiganes
30th July 2012, 11:36 PM
yes, Piraisoodan's dialogues & lyrics were good..
didn't felt like watching a dubbing film

Art direction.. i thought most of the sets are graphics similar to "Magadheera" flashback..

soft.. print summa paLingu madhiri irundhadhu.. 700 mb thaan
he's gonna get a 4GB print aanestu - ungaLai padam paathuttu verupethuvaar..

kid-glove
30th July 2012, 11:38 PM
700mb thamizh films-kE yosippEn, telugu dub vEra. Idhulla vera BGM kaaga padam pakkanum-ndrainga..

HonestRaj
30th July 2012, 11:40 PM
podhumunga..
700 mb'eh namakku thaaralam..
kuppai padamnu enakke thonina... adhaiyum parkkanumnu thonina.. 350 mb, 500 mb'la ellam parthurukken..

Rowthiran is one of that kind..

jaiganes
31st July 2012, 02:30 AM
700mb thamizh films-kE yosippEn, telugu dub vEra. Idhulla vera BGM kaaga padam pakkanum-ndrainga..
dhodaa...
verum BGM illai kannu - art worku aiga keedhu ba. adhukkosaram paarunnu sonnaen..

groucho070
31st July 2012, 06:39 AM
Manmadhan Ambu.

Getting better with each viewing. Powerful dialogues (non-comic ones). NeelavAnam very appealing.

jaiganes
31st July 2012, 09:09 AM
Manmadhan Ambu.

Getting better with each viewing. Powerful dialogues (non-comic ones). NeelavAnam very appealing.
oru viewingukke, theatre doorukku "ready steady 123 " kanakkaa odi vandhom. inorukkaavaa? Bavabayaharam...
Grouch - years of watching crappy 70s and 80s movie have made you senile - your opinion on movies are on ventilatorto me.

venkkiram
31st July 2012, 09:24 AM
Manmadhan Ambu.

கொஞ்ச வருடங்களில் கிளாசிக் லிஸ்டில் இதுவும் சேர்த்துவிடும். What a performance from Sangeetha! We also tried the "foot finger shaking" trick to our elder son at home recently. திருட்டுப்பய! வசமா மாட்டிகிட்டான்!

Bala (Karthik)
31st July 2012, 09:32 AM
Manmadhan Ambu.

:thumbsup: Well, i've reached the point of saturation. Remba vaatti paathutten, inime thaangaradhu kashtam but for those who liked it, definitely worth revisiting.
P.S: Inga channel (DVD also) kavidhai cut. Before the release, i didn't want the kavidhai to be included in the film. Aana first time theater la paakumbodhu pullarippu, poorippu, appalappoo. Second time theater-layum nalla andhar. Never got to see it after that :(

groucho070
31st July 2012, 09:47 AM
Jai, ennoda views ellam seriousA edutukka koodathu. See my username, its not Nolan070

Venkirram, waiting for my son to grow up. Don't agree on Sangeetha.

Bala, "appalapoo" :lol: They cut out the poem from this (TV) version too. Wife says Kamal looks the best here :roll:

SoftSword
31st July 2012, 02:27 PM
கொஞ்ச வருடங்களில் கிளாசிக் லிஸ்டில் இதுவும் சேர்த்துவிடும். What a performance from Sangeetha! We also tried the "foot finger shaking" trick to our elder son at home recently. திருட்டுப்பய! வசமா மாட்டிகிட்டான்!

venki,
make sure ur son does not watch the movie, otherwise he would trick u...

its very nice in every watch but i would stop when the aalmaaraattam drama starts...
maddy is :thumbsup:

aceqoxim
1st August 2012, 05:42 AM
Watched 'oncemore'. Loved NT in it more than VJ. Such cheekiness and charm, I was floored. I need to watch more of his movies, but getting links has been a nightmare.

SoftSword
2nd August 2012, 06:20 AM
leelai - interesting and very gripping..
the performances of the leads were also apt...
nice to see such small movies with realistic plots...

Mahen
2nd August 2012, 10:37 AM
leelai - interesting and very gripping..
the performances of the leads were also apt...
nice to see such small movies with realistic plots...

:shock: the last 20 mins was test of patience..and realistic? :roll:

SoftSword
2nd August 2012, 03:15 PM
:shock: the last 20 mins was test of patience..and realistic? :roll:

it worked for me mahen.. maybe cos i watched it sans any expectation or much to do...
i enjoyed every move and trick of him...
realistic... yes... figure correct panradhu normal life'la nadakkara visayam dhanae... realistic'naa azhukku makeup, kizhinja sattai, madhurai flashback ellam venumaa enna? nambara madhiri characters, nambara maadhiryaana sequences.. wat else u want?

NOV
2nd August 2012, 06:12 PM
wat else u want?I want to believe that the girl did not know who was who when she was speaking to both her friend and enemy (she doesnt know they are the same person)

I mean, being intelligent and all she would have recognised that both the voice were the same, no?

SoftSword
2nd August 2012, 06:23 PM
you are right nov... she shd have, but she did not..

Mahen
2nd August 2012, 06:35 PM
thats a major flaw SS :lol2: karthik/sundar konjam kuda voice change pannalei..btw, movie was not bad..last 20 mins thaan konjam drag pannitanga..songs were quite good too..hero heroine :thumbsup:

SoftSword
2nd August 2012, 09:32 PM
thats a major flaw SS :lol2: karthik/sundar konjam kuda voice change pannalei..btw, movie was not bad..last 20 mins thaan konjam drag pannitanga..songs were quite good too..hero heroine :thumbsup:

yes i agree mahen :lol2:
songs ellaam forward... porumai illa :oops:
but i agree they were not bad...

app_engine
5th August 2012, 06:38 AM
vazhakku eN...dhiNdukkal kArar director...

oru thadavai pArkkalAm...ok but not great...

app_engine
5th August 2012, 06:51 AM
Having said that overall, the "encounter" scene is one of the best in TF!

spoiler begins
I meant the sweet-revenge scene
spoiler ends

ajaybaskar
5th August 2012, 09:01 AM
Manankothi Paravai.

Sivakarthikeyan is definitely not a hero material. Barring that, the film was watchable.

app_engine
5th August 2012, 10:59 AM
Stumbled upon this link & started watching...couldn't stop...sweet movie (meeNdum kOkilA, first time watch):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ8BRvgj_k8&feature=related

mexicomeat
5th August 2012, 03:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbtj9HlK-rM

app_engine
5th August 2012, 06:07 PM
Stumbled upon this link & started watching...couldn't stop...sweet movie (meeNdum kOkilA, first time watch):

Per this listtu (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filmfare_Award_for_Best_Actress_%E2%80%93_Tamil), Sridevi got TN SA for the kOki role it seems. Award-worthy or not, it was thoroughly enjoyable. And, she makes it appear so easy :-)

app_engine
5th August 2012, 07:16 PM
Sivakarthikeyan is definitely not a hero material.

I assume it's the guy who acts as school mate of Dhanush in 3. If so, he is definitely not any kind of cinema material. Should stop with TV anchoring.

SoftSword
5th August 2012, 07:19 PM
agree with ajay and not app..

app_engine
5th August 2012, 07:21 PM
agree with ajay and not app..

cine field has enough 'alavalAthi' fellows from TV (another e.g. santhAnam)...let's not encourage this :wink:

app_engine
5th August 2012, 07:29 PM
sevuththukku veLLai adikkiRa ALungaLai (automatikkA, with no other qual) car-kku paint adikka vaikkiRa vElaiyai niRuththa sollaNum...

SoftSword
5th August 2012, 07:44 PM
adhu kooda paravaala similar profession... saanai pudikkiravanai kootti vandhu car'kku paint adikka vekkiraangalae... adhukku enna solringa?

interz
5th August 2012, 07:51 PM
Sivakarthikeyan has a good support and lots of fans. Read comments for most Sivakarthikeyan vids on youtube. He is very funny on TV shows be it Kalakka Povathu Yaaru, Kings of Comedy, Jodi no. 1, Super singer, Adhu Idhu Edhu. He just quitted the show Adhu Idhu Edhu to focus on cinema.

He might not be hero material, but has great potential in comedy. Compared to current comedians he is among top comedians IMO. Furthermove he is like a mascot of Vijay TV, Vijay TV wouldnt hesitate to produce a movie with Sivakarthikeyan as lead.

Anban
5th August 2012, 08:05 PM
I assume it's the guy who acts as school mate of Dhanush in 3. If so, he is definitely not any kind of cinema material. Should stop with TV anchoring.

Agreed totally ..

ajaybaskar
5th August 2012, 09:28 PM
Interz,

My cousin who is a +1 student says that, in her school, Sivakarthikeyan has more female fans than the top ranked heroes.

Roshan
5th August 2012, 09:37 PM
Manankothi Paravai.

Sivakarthikeyan is definitely not a hero material. Barring that, the film was watchable.

Of course ! I think someone is misleading him with hero dreams. He can easily become a good comedian.

selvakumar
5th August 2012, 10:16 PM
I agree with Ajay and App!. Siva.K has more fans among the serial watching family audience. His reach is definitely good and haven't seen close relatives missing a single episode of A.I.E. But he hasn't impressed me with his acting(?) as well as his comedy(?!). 3 was mokkai. He has to realize that acting is different from compering

app_engine
6th August 2012, 02:14 AM
BTW, I didn't mean to say "he should stop as he'll never become one" :oops: (muyaRchi thiruvinaiyAkkum, veLLaththanaiya malar neettam etc applies to everyone, including this brilliant young man)

What I simply don't understand is the "logic" that 'if someone is great on TV, he has to be automatically good on cinema'. That seems to be the problem with him (or those who promote him). One has to think / work in terms of cinema to be good there.

Unfortunately, in TF field, it's great time for mediocre artists. If Santhanam is celebrated as #1 comedian today, why not this boy #1 tomorrow...

app_engine
6th August 2012, 02:16 AM
adhu kooda paravaala similar profession... saanai pudikkiravanai kootti vandhu car'kku paint adikka vekkiraangalae... adhukku enna solringa?

Actually I wanted to post as 'veLLai adikkiRavan oil painting paNNinA'...but considering the current standards of TF (per jAmbavAns, 'vazhakku eN' is the best thing to happen in TF since decades :lol:), reduced the expectations to car painting :wink:

app_engine
6th August 2012, 08:58 PM
Watched 'antha nAL' (NT / Pandari bai) last night. Nice film. This is possibly the first case of me watching a movie on an urgent basis simply to read a post in the hub :-)

(Refer Plum's post in the NT thread (http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?9891-Nadigar-Thilagam-Sivaji-Ganesan-Part-10&p=921379&viewfull=1#post921379) )

preethamm
6th August 2012, 09:49 PM
Vikram - The Big Budget Survivor
Celebrities have always inspired people and Chiyaan Vikram is one of those charismatic personalities who is that heartthrob of millions of people across the world because of his charming personality. There is more money put on Chiyaan Vikram than any other Kollywood star at the moment. Nearly Rs 125 to Rs 135 Crore is riding on Vikram who is acting in two biggies at the moment- AL Vijay’s Thaandavam and Shankar’s I. Vikram is playing solo hero in both these films. Thaandavam is an action thriller directed by AL Vijay and has Vikram, Santhanam, Jagapati Babu, Anushka,Amy Jackson, and Lakshmi Rai . It is produced by UTV Motion Pictures with music by GV Prakash and has been extensively shot in London by ace cinematographer Nirav Shah. The internal valuation UTV would have put on Thaandavam would be around Rs 50 to Rs 55 Crore. Vikram is again playing solo hero in showman of south cinema Shankar’s I. Remember Shankar always make big-budget fantasy movies, with A team of technicians. I has Vikram, Amy Jackson, yet to be cast Bollyhood heroine, Malayalam actor Suresh Gopi, Ramkumar Ganesan and Santhanam in the cast. The film has music by Oscar winner AR Rahman and camera is by the wizard PC Sreeram. It is going to be shot extensively in never before seen locations in China and is produced by the leading producer Aascar Ravichandran. Aascar Ravi has earmarked a budget of Rs 75 to Rs 85 Crores on the film. Vikram’s last release Rajapattai may have failed at the box-office, but it has not affected his ratings in any way. His previous release Deivathirumagal got him awards and box-office success. Now Thaandavam is being marketed directly by UTV, which has a huge distribution network in TN. Thaanndavam Telugu dubbing (Sivathaandavam) has gone for a good price and Kerala and Karnataka deal is almost sealed. Aascar Ravichandran always markets the films he produces and with I he is going national. Aascar Films will directly release I in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi markets in the summer of 2013. Vikram is today one of the highest paid actors in the industry. He is rumoured to have been paid Rs 13 Cr for Thaandavam while he has signed for I at a new record Rs 15 Cr! The buzz on Thaandavam scheduled to release in September is positive. All that Vikram needs is a good script the rest he has in abundance- star power and an actor of substance. Vikram is definitely on a roll.

HonestRaj
6th August 2012, 11:04 PM

+ ___ [fill this with 1 to .... whatever count needed for a absolute majority]

groucho070
9th August 2012, 07:14 AM
Aval AppadithAn....

Half of it. Very uneven. Kamal feels he is in a new wave French philim. Sripriya gets even for not getting Sujatha's role in KB films. Rajini knows he is not in a Mahendran film. Some parts very brilliant, some very dull. Wife got bored so I guess I need to continue when she's not around. By the way, in light of the Kisu Kisu thread, I feel this is perhaps the rawest Rajini gets in playing himself, no?

Mahen
9th August 2012, 07:21 AM
oh la la..what a *hitty movie..antha hero bleedy nansens..

app_engine
9th August 2012, 08:15 AM
MB-MBBS :-) (i.e., the original & firsttu).

Fantastic!

Especially cirkkit!

MADDY
9th August 2012, 10:53 AM
kizhakke pogum rail - some scenes......laugh riot, my wife was laughing out so much that my 1yr old son too joined in :oops: .........bharathiraja movies just do not age.....

looking back, Mani's movies stand out like gems even now - infact, the only tamil mainstream director who consistently maintains a good standard throughout the movie is mani........others ellam strictly brilliance-followedby-ordinary dhaan......

app_engine
11th August 2012, 09:32 AM
annakkiLi, first time :-)

Easily puts most grAmaththu movies after that into shame (including many BR ones :oops:)!

Though the later part feels a little lengthy (with some thoyvu), overall it's reasonably paced.

Especially the first one hour is quite crisp - simply flies :clap:

Sujatha :clap: :thumbsup: Strongly nominate for the pre-80's heroine runner-up (i.e. second to Savithri).

IR (aRimukam'nu title) - sollavE vENam - BGM too is kalakkal!
(The 'Ayiram malarkaLE' guitar comes briefly as BGM for one meen pidi scene...)

Devaraj-Mohan, pidinga oru - illa reNdu - poongoththu!

Plum
11th August 2012, 10:18 AM
Happened to wake up at 4AM unexpectedly and settled for Indru Nee Naalai Naan, Directed by "Major", as he credits himself in the titles. Remember vividly from Doordarshan days - what I remember is some decent songs, some funny business between Sivagumar and Latchumi, and vaguely understandable adultery. Remember LOL mostly - even at that age, Sivakumar's LOL potential was well recognised and appreciated. Man's a (unintentional) LOL legend.

Watching it again, there's a decent semblance of a knot and potential in the theme and screenplay(by "Major" himself). Theme and the screenplay is quite bold. Right from the moment Sivagumaar(in an awful performance) sizes up Lakshmi, ostensibly as a prospective bride for his foster brother Jaishankar to the frustrated momens of Lakshmi neglected by husband Jai for long stretches of the movie(Jai in a subtle performance hints at impotence brilliantly, and even the screenplay-dialogues catch this aspect very very well without being explicit), and the eventual bursting of the dam of feelings between Lakshmi and Sivagumaar on a cliched rainy night post Jai's death.

The film is bold even for now wherein we would refuse to acknowledge the dynamics of the aNNi-kozhundhan relationship as dictated by the circumstances of this story.
Lakshmi, tailormade for the role, is very good and Jaishankar, in an insignificant role, does exactly what the role requires in a subtle performance that is sure to miss appreciation for the weight it adds to the story.
But Sivagumaar, central to the movie, destroys it all with a laughable performance right down to the climax, which is chillingly individualistic without bowing to the stndard issue "living for the children", which is what I expected even in this viewing, having forgotten the individualistic decision of Lakshmi, betrayed by fate all her life, takes, steadfastly refusing to embrace the noble, idealistic, "bringing up sivagumaar's children with Sulakshana" kind of climax a standard issue tamil film even of these times is expected to give.

Coupled with all these dynamics, and the dynamic of Jai being busy with all his party activities, the partymen-Jai relationship and screenplay contrivances all point to a Kerala influence.

I remember the titles said "kadhai - T A Balan". Sounds like a Malayalam original to me.

I am sure the Malayalam original with any competent Mallu lead actor would be a brilliant mine of subtext.

Lastly, the reason I sat through this till 7AM - ofcourse, Raja dispenses this unworthy vehicle with backbone-enabling songs and BGM, firmly keeping the film from collapsing right until the climax when Sivagumaar finally collapses the film after 3 hrs of single handed effort, with his "innaikkkkuuaaau neeeeeee naaaaaaalaikku naan".

The songs are situational and sit well on the movie - mottu vitta mullai chedi captures several dynamics from Sulakshana's freshly blossomed pregnancy celebration, Lakshmi fighting her feelings of happines for friend sulakshana and Sivagumaar(whom she had mistaken for her bridegroom in her pelli choopulu earlier), Jai very subtly excusing himself from the scene when Lakshmi, in the second stanza talks about her vaaliba vayasu feelings remaining unrequited.

Thaazhamboove kannurangu is a racy thaalattu(ivlo forceA paadina kozhandhai epdi thoongum) but the kozhandhai in question faces a life full of such forceful events destined to end in tragedy so perhaps it is apt.

Kaangeyam kaalaigale is suitably rumbunctious.

And then of course, the coup de grace of the movie - Pon Vaanam Panneer thoovudhu, the one reason why I kept awake till the end of the movie.

adhu sari, why this big a write up for this movie? I am just feeling generous and more importantly, speculating that there is a malayalam original. Can anyone point out? Would make a good movie with a better perfomer in place of Sivakumar, and a better director than "major" - Mammootty and Sethumadhavan perhaps?

app_engine
11th August 2012, 10:37 AM
I remember the titles said "kadhai - T A Balan". Sounds like a Malayalam original to me.

illeenga :-)

Kumudam publications started a new mag called 'mAlai mathi' and started releasing 'idhu varai vandhirAdha pudhiya novel's. Some of the initial ones were fantastic and 'inRu nee nALai nAn' happened to be one of them. I read some of those novels chudachchuda during school days - summer holidays.

Couple other noteworthy ones from mAlai mathi :
-Anuradha Ramanan's "araLippoo mEl Asai vaiththu" (lot of similarities with Sindhu Bhairavi story, instead of singer doctor there).
-Sujatha's "edhaiyum oru muRai" & "maRupadiyum Ganesh"

app_engine
11th August 2012, 10:51 AM
Some more info from old tfmpage (http://tfmpage.com/forum/12185.20880.03.21.22.html)

From: Cinema Virumbi (@ 210.210.43.113) on: Sun Sep 29 12:24:43 EDT 2002

Friends,

A few months back, one Mr Veerayya, a veteran
production organiser in TF industry, had written his 'malarum ninaivugaL' in
ThugLak. He had written about ' indRu nee naalai naan!'. It was written by CA
Balan (of 'thookku mara nizhalil'novel fame). One scene was shot with a bearded
Sivakumar in jail, holding his child! The senior police officer in charge of the
jail requested that his own child be taken in the film! The child cried like
hell , scared at Sivakumar's 'dhaadi, meesai'!

The film was a family
production of Major and this particular song, I think, was directed by Major
himself.

app_engine
11th August 2012, 11:03 AM
More authenticity to my posts above : Look at #1088 of the following list (inRu nee nALai nAn) :

http://tamilelibrary.org/biblio/list_novels.php

இன்று நீ, நாளை நான்
பாலன், சி.ஏ
சென்னை
மாலைமதி
106ப

app_engine
11th August 2012, 11:05 AM
Cable Sankar review of INNN :
http://www.cablesankaronline.com/2010/07/5.html

ஒரு படத்தில் எல்லா பாடல்களும் அருமையாக வந்திருந்து பெரிதாய் பேசப்படாத படம்
பற்றிசொன்னோமானால் அதில் “இன்று நீ.. நாளை நான்” படத்தை சொல்லலாம். சி.ஏ.பாலன்
என்கிற எழுத்தாளர் மாலைமதியில் எழுதிய நாவலை, மேஜர் சுந்தர்ராஜன் இயக்கினார்.

San_K
11th August 2012, 12:06 PM
Ennathu Major Sundarrajan iyakkiya padama?

Plum
11th August 2012, 03:01 PM
Ofcourse, it is undisputable fact that Major Directed movies. Majod padanaLai iyakkiyadhu maRukka mudiyAdha uNmai

Not just this one - the phenomenal That One Minute is also by "Major"

Plum
12th August 2012, 02:26 PM
App thanks for the dope on INNN. indha padathukku ivLO discussionE adhigam. NiruthippOm

ajaybaskar
12th August 2012, 03:07 PM
Sachien

For anyone who wants to see Vijay, the actor.

19thmay
12th August 2012, 03:28 PM
How is Madhubanakadai? Hearing good reviews....

abhi_d
12th August 2012, 03:31 PM
Sachien - My all time favorite movie. Vijay at his best.

Ajay I agree to an extent but there are other movies like Shajahan (especially pre climax register office scene), Priyamudan (negative role), Kannukul nilavu, etc where we can see VIJAY THE ACTOR.