PDA

View Full Version : Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16

NOV
3rd January 2015, 07:21 AM
So 2005 Bollywood recycled material !! But for Damil Audiences this is New ya I agree !! It is "OK" Movie,

I Would like to recommend you watching "Sarkar" If you have not watched it already. or Ab tak chappan (My Fav hero's movie ya)You would be the last person I'd take a recommendation from.
Which brings me to this doubt... if you have such a low opinion of Tamil movies, why even bother watching?

NOV
3rd January 2015, 07:32 AM
TT was a well made action film which won rave reviews. But it was not a roaring BO success. Really, is BO our concern? As an audience, I am only concerned about the quality of each movie. Let the producers and distributors worry about BO.

And looking at the BO results over the past few months, I see them as mere ego-massage which does not reflect the truth.
None of the BO figures are reliable and depends entirely on who is reporting them.

Yes, we may see only those mass heroes on screen and not Selvam, the driver or Shiva, the undercover agent.
This is EXACTLY why I don't want any of the current top heroes to do these kind of movies.
Let's take an example - Sivaji, the best actor then and forever.
Sivaji in the late 60s was already an established super-star, but guess what... when he acted in a movie, you don't see him but only the character. The best example is Gouravam - he plays dual role - you do not see two Sivajis. What you see are two Barristers - it was a movie about these two characters. The mind boggles to recall that basically it was just a Sivaji vs Sivaji show!
This, I find lacking in all current top heroes.

And regarding market dynamics, nothing has changed much. Small movies, movies by Naalaiya iyakkunargal getting attention is a welcome change. But that doesnt and will not affect the business done by mass hero movies. Both are mutually exclusive. A lot has changed.
Success of movies no longer depends on stars - we have seen how movies by top stars have flopped at the BO.
Success of movies depends entirely on stories and how it's told - that is why movies without any star value have gone on to become huge hits.

faithiu11
3rd January 2015, 07:32 AM
Bollywood itself running in Tamil /Telugu remakes...

NOV
3rd January 2015, 07:39 AM
Novji inthan unmai..that 'rise of small films' is only within its market..big actors have the pull factor and you have to accept that..Explain the BO of Kochadaiyan and Linga, in spite of the presence of huge stars like Rajni and ARR. 8-)

I am going to quote this and keep it. You mentioned this to me in 2006/2007. Seven years have passed. Let us meet with the same:thumbsup:
Since 2007, small films have risen tremendously. From no-hope to blockbusters.
Since 2007, mediocre films by top stars have flopped at the BO

Patience brother.... things cannot change overnight. :)

Dilbert
3rd January 2015, 07:45 AM
You would be the last person I'd take a recommendation from.
Which brings me to this doubt... if you have such a low opinion of Tamil movies, why even bother watching?

lastoo firstoo !! low opinionoo high opinionoo. There is no harm in trying something good when even your enemy recommends it!! cheers happy new year ya can you try to be little less sourpuss in 2015 please Sir Nov..

selvakumar
3rd January 2015, 07:55 AM
Explain the BO of Kochadaiyan and Linga, in spite of the presence of huge stars like Rajni and ARR. 8-)

:thumbsup:
Since 2007, small films have risen tremendously. From no-hope to blockbusters.
Since 2007, mediocre films by top stars have flopped at the BO

Patience brother.... things cannot change overnight. :)

Nov,

Even before 2007, small films had the same advantage. It is not new. Infact, they had more advantage since no of people going to theaters was high then. More than me, you should be patient for years. I am not questioning your wish but how things works practically. Only popular factors bring audience to theaters in overseas. Otherwise, small movies would have got released quite often compared to regular movies.

Having said that, no one can save a bad movie. But a good movie can be lifted to great heights. Had someone else acted in Gowravam, I don't think it would have achieved the same BO success.

P:s: Shivaji showing as a character in his movies is a very subjective opinion. You can say he was better than others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

selvakumar
3rd January 2015, 08:32 AM
Leo, Mahen isn't a fan of the other side. He is a holy cow. Delete that post.

faithiu11
3rd January 2015, 08:40 AM
Fate of hub...people who claims himself ajith or vijay fan unwantedly pull down vijay/ajith in their post....genuine vijay/ajith fans react to tat and fight starts....this becomes regular in hub

faithiu11
3rd January 2015, 08:44 AM
Wat I feel is people who starting it should be a fan of some other actors(not vj/aj)who enjoys people bashing and trolling vj/aj

vithagan
3rd January 2015, 09:39 AM
Just watched Kayal Online( HD quality thru Tentkotta.com) in my home theater..
Stunning Visuals, Nice Music, Engaging screenplay(second half little dragging) made this movie a memorable watch!!

ArulprakasH
3rd January 2015, 11:05 AM
Ellame mind games thaan..expected that..i told that YA will never clash with I but some fans were super confident that both biggies will clash thinking that tamil cinema has damn huge market and one man can actually go against market dynamics etc..i am quite surprised how some have changed their opinion after YA was officially postponed.. :lol2: btw ajit and vijay fans, regarding jilla vs veeram, no matter how hard you guys try..both were passed off as average in the BO..if both were released separately, things would have been different..
Mahen... Ascaar played it when YA announced for pongal by releasing a promo with all multiplex screens... But even after that YA team proceeded with their plans as teaser and single release... some theaters and Ayngaran have confirmed about pongal release multiple times... But when YA shooting didn't complete on time they stepped back... On the other hand big budgeted Ai completed two months back and waiting for release... They need a good number of screens and fine run to book profits... They are using this chance...

Mahen
3rd January 2015, 12:28 PM
Really, is BO our concern? As an audience, I am only concerned about the quality of each movie. Let the producers and distributors worry about BO.
:confused2: so u expect producers of TT and Meghaman to continue with the trend and to only suit your taste? small films are all about ROI..they can never rake in the moolah..all the small films that you loved, have they collected >30c? I dont thinksoo...it means it never reached the masses..your 'rise of small films' claim is only within a certain area..

to sum up, we need big heroes but they have to selective on their projects..What Ajay and myself are trying to say is not big heroes = guaranteed success..but big heroes have the pull factor and can actually make good movies more successful in terms of collection

Mahen
3rd January 2015, 12:30 PM
Leo, Mahen isn't a fan of the other side. He is a holy cow. Delete that post.

:shaking:

Mahen
3rd January 2015, 12:33 PM
Mahen... Ascaar played it when YA announced for pongal by releasing a promo with all multiplex screens... But even after that YA team proceeded with their plans as teaser and single release... some theaters and Ayngaran have confirmed about pongal release multiple times... But when YA shooting didn't complete on time they stepped back... On the other hand big budgeted Ai completed two months back and waiting for release... They need a good number of screens and fine run to book profits... They are using this chance...

AFAIk, I got delayed because of ARR..it was supposed to be a Christmas release but im not sure what happened..

Dilbert
4th January 2015, 01:38 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hki-3rEy3M

who Ever cares to know what A Quality movie will look / feel like !!... Pl don't bring some play cards to save Tamil water here !! all are Bhai Bhai... bye bye

paranitharan
4th January 2015, 01:49 AM

Then I backed out of Pongal race and preponed the release date ;). While YA was not finished yet so had to be delayed. According to the logic of logiclist, they should have released the portions that are ready on pongal day and the rest on Jan 29 :p

A.ANAND
4th January 2015, 02:13 PM
Now watching kreedam in kalaignar tv now..

k_vanan
4th January 2015, 06:28 PM
Watched MR's masterpiece 'IRUVAR' recorded from vinmeen HD. First time listen this movies RR & songs in 5.1 sound.. Mindblowing. ARR+MR :bow:

Hope vinmeen HD bring more 80's & 90's movie mastering 5.1 channel sound :thumbsup:

hattori_hanzo
7th January 2015, 03:57 AM
Watching Hari's Poojai. Truly a mindblowing experience, I say!

Hari brings in every single cliched sequence from TFI, multiplies its effect by a 100 and makes a movie out of it. Lets take an example. We've seen movies in which a supporting character, or say 2 or 3 characters get introduced in a single scene. Hari makes it a dozen.
The stuntmen hit by a mass hero usually fly few feet vertically or horizontally eventually hitting a cart or a nearby vehicle, damaging its windshield. But those who get kicked by Vishal in Poojai not only do all the afore-mentioned acrobatics but also fall down, then bounce up, only to be kicked,carried or collected by him again. There are some scenes in which Vishal even rotates in the air, looking like a whirlwind, making Singampola from Dhool look believable. whoa!

They have paid a tribute to Kamal by introducing Shruthi Hassan with 'Kallai Mattum Kandal' played as her wake-up alarm. In TFI there is a vazhakkam. If Sivaji's name is mentioned or if he is credited/praised or if his name/movie is used, it must be immediately followed by a reference to MGR. Illena saami kanna kuthum. But the vice-versa is not always applicable. Thats why upright cops are compared with not only Thangappadhakkam Sivaji but also the not-as-famous-as-TP 'En Kadamai' MGR too. The same tradition applies to Kamal and Rajini. So the scene which follows Shruthi's intro is Suri's intro - we see him dance to Rajini's Adhiradi Karan.

Whenever Shruthi is shown, Kallai Mattum Kandal BGM is played. I was wondering why the music is getting so repetitive. Then came the shock - The first duet featuring the lead pair has the same tune as Kallai Mattum Kandal and it was this music which was played as BGM. Yaaruppa meesikki?

2 places where director has done something differently.
1) The gutty director has used Andrea for an item(?) song, which only works against the purpose of adding oomph to a kuthu.
2) About a decade back we saw some heroes working 24X7 to help lovers show middle finger to their parents and elope. Probably post-Nadodigal, they listen patiently to hero's advice about parents's sacrifices and get back home happily. Families are so important for Hari!

I've reached only the interval block. I think I saw Puratchi Thamizhan among the crowd...Yes - the one who asked "Ivanga Drums vasikka namma Bums dhaan kedachidha?" From what I saw till now Pandi,Google Earth and Raghuvaran's close-up photo have been given more screen time than Sathyaraj.

Hope the 2nd half is equally entertaining :-)

selvakumar
7th January 2015, 04:00 AM
God - Save is from Shruthi Hassan Please. She can be our next Disco Shanti or Jyoti Lakshmi

leosimha
7th January 2015, 11:11 AM
oh...Shruthi in the range of Disco Shanthi and Jyothi Lakshmi? what about Silk Smitha?

hope Shruthi concentrates and exhibits her acting skills too while being glamourous parallelly

mappi
10th January 2015, 04:55 PM
Top 5 Duels

5/ Singam

Double Duel in less than 3 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX7zB_jhRjI

4/ Manakara Kaval

Vijayakanth always delivers as a Police

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80frTFKG8nE

3/ Billa II

David Billa va thappa edapottuta ... yen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEEPrk1Unek

2/ Kuruthipunal

Unga vellaiya neenga parunga, yen vellai naan pakurein

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kitd1bzKnvM

1/Basaha

... Vaikatum ... Pannatum ... Pootum ... hey hey hey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9d74fFqED0

selvakumar
14th January 2015, 08:56 AM
VIP - படிக்காம, பல அரியர் வச்சு, தம்மு தண்ணி அடிச்சி வீட்டில் கஷ்டப்படும் பல்லாயிரக்கணக்கான இளைஞர்கள் வேலைக்குப்போக அவங்க அம்மா எல்லாம் உயிர்த்தியாகம் பண்ணனும். அருமையான சமூகக் கருத்து. If you can ignore this to view cinema as just entertainment, this is a good time pass film over acted by film industry's Amul Baby dhanush (who would be no where in film industry without his father)

joe
14th January 2015, 09:12 AM
dhanush (who would be no where in film industry without his father)

அவர் அப்பா இல்லாம அவர் பிறந்திருக்க மாட்டார் என்ற வகையில இதை ஒத்துக்கலாம் :lol:

selvakumar
14th January 2015, 09:13 AM
அவர் அப்பா இல்லாம அவர் பிறந்திருக்க மாட்டார் என்ற வகையில இதை ஒத்துக்கலாம் :lol:

Ok. Let me rephrase it to please the audience and to be diplomatic.

"Amul baby Dhanush who wouldn't be in film industry without his father"

selvakumar
14th January 2015, 09:15 AM
I was just laughing like anything when he delivers dialogue on how he came up with a job without his father's help. I just imagined someone who entered film industry with all sufferings speaking the same dialogue against Amul baby dhanush

faithiu11
14th January 2015, 09:41 AM
Magazine published a article tat dhanush not getting same recognition in rajni house as same as ashwin(soundarya husband who is a builder)..so in tat angry dhanush attacked him in the movie by made a characterisation similar lik ashwin And attacked him in dialogues....after seen the movie soundarya got upset and problem came between soundarya and aishwarya....finally rajni interfered and convinced both daughters

selvakumar
14th January 2015, 10:42 AM
Oh.. Ithu verya. :lol: thanks Praboo. Not sure how far it is true.

ArulprakasH
14th January 2015, 11:08 AM
Selva.. I guess it was Nakeeran's cover story...

balaajee
14th January 2015, 12:05 PM
Selva.. I guess it was Nakeeran's cover story...

They are good @ it..

ArulprakasH
14th January 2015, 12:41 PM
Yea... Karpanai kuthirai odaathu parakkum...

ajaybaskar
14th January 2015, 12:45 PM
AP,

But this news was reported in Vikatan and Reporter as well. Dont know if they too copied from Nakkeeran

uruzalari
15th January 2015, 03:04 PM
Aambala - Harmless fun. A formula film that does not take itself very seriously and provides decent fun.

balaajee
15th January 2015, 05:28 PM
Aambala - Harmless fun. A formula film that does not take itself very seriously and provides decent fun.

How do u manage to watch this many movies in theater? it takes time for me to enter theater if my previous watching was painful...

uruzalari
15th January 2015, 06:47 PM
How do u manage to watch this many movies in theater? it takes time for me to enter theater if my previous watching was painful...

Sort of addiction :)

ajaybaskar
15th January 2015, 08:11 PM
Lol. That explains ur username

uruzalari
15th January 2015, 08:49 PM
Darling - Quite funny and watchable. Mass heroes have tough competition. Saw both I and Aambala. But the cheers that welcomed Mr.Ghost Gopal Varma was the maximum :) He has very limited screen time though. I have not seen the original Prema Katha Chitthram. Crisp film at just over 2 hrs. But still could have done away with the songs.

NOV
16th January 2015, 08:31 AM
Naaigal Jaakirathai.... on Sun TV now (Malaysia time 11am)

NOV
16th January 2015, 10:59 AM
Naaigal Jaakirathai.... on Sun TV now (Malaysia time 11am)
One of the boringest "thrillers" ever made in Tamil.
:fatigue:

cm123
16th January 2015, 11:02 AM
Darling, Ghost Gopal Varma (Rajendiran) 10 min performance was laugh riot.

cm123
16th January 2015, 11:04 AM
GGV to Ghost in Skype from US: I am waiting.

A.ANAND
16th January 2015, 02:35 PM
kaviya thalaivan

5 nimisathukku mela intha padatha paakave mudiyala...intha padathukku potta budget thirumba vanthathuna,producer nichayam ARR kaila viluthuthan kumbadanum..

NOV
16th January 2015, 06:01 PM
I - a Shankar extravaganza - everything you would expect and more!

It's not Oscar material but sheer entertainment. Just relax and forget yourself in the visual enchantment. Story wise it's Shankar's version of the Beauty and the Beast. But it's not dark or dry. Not a boring moment.

Expect captivating sceneries, colorful costumes, real good CGI, excellent song picturisations and eye candy beyond your wildest imagination. ;)
Watch only on the big screen to enjoy every amazing scene.

I - naan merasalaayitten!

ajaybaskar
16th January 2015, 06:32 PM
Glad that u managed to take notice of other aspects too... :wink:

interz
18th January 2015, 05:06 PM
Darling - stand by me

Another horror comedy, I saw Prema Katha Chitram last year, so the scenes werent surprising. The movie is watchable because of Karunas, Bala saravanan and Rajendran. It relies heavily on comedy portion. The preacher scene, the the seance scenes are worth mentioning. GVP did ok job, but he fails big time when the hero get scared for the first time, in telugu it was superb done by the debutant actor. I still feel it would be better if they went for Nandita ( Prema Katha Chitram) instead of Nikki Gilrani, who did ok job too. Songs were pleasant for a change in a ghost movie, which rarely happens, kudos to GVP, same with BGM.

Sam Anton can be relieved to deliver a family entertainer horror comedy, the real test for him is whether he can do original movie.

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
18th January 2015, 06:01 PM
Darling - Okayish ! 2 scenes which pulled the roof down = Press Meet Scene & Ghost Gopal Varma........ :rotfl:

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
18th January 2015, 06:04 PM
Darling - Plus I don't think you can take Kids to this film... It's got few scenes that won't go well with fam viewing !

easygoer
18th January 2015, 07:41 PM
Saw Kaaviya thalaivan . The movie is good in bits and pieces and definitely great patience is needed to sit through 2.30 hrs.

What works for the movie?
1. Sets, Costumes, eye-catching Cinematography creates a authentic feel.
2. Fine performance from Nasser, Prithiviraj and Siddharth
3. A R Rahman's music that truly takes us to the time period of the movie
4. Realistic characterization of Nasser, Prithiviraj and Siddharth

What does not work?
1. Dull screenplay. Though the story provides a great premise, director failed to create an engaging tale. There is no interesting moments
2. Slow narration. Throughout the course of the movie, I was checking my watch many times
3. I feel Siddharth lacks the charisma to perform such a character
4. Sudden introduction of independent movement. I don't understand why such scenes are needed for the movie which deals with the human emotions of jealousy, friendship, reverence etc.,

Overall, though there are many things working for the movie, Vasanthabalan failed to capitalize it because of the sluggish screenplay

joe
18th January 2015, 08:48 PM
I - a Shankar extravaganza - everything you would expect and more!

It's not Oscar material but sheer entertainment. Just relax and forget yourself in the visual enchantment. Story wise it's Shankar's version of the Beauty and the Beast. But it's not dark or dry. Not a boring moment.

Expect captivating sceneries, colorful costumes, real good CGI, excellent song picturisations and eye candy beyond your wildest imagination. ;)
Watch only on the big screen to enjoy every amazing scene.

Agreed .. watched today , worth a watch , especially for Vikram and PC Sriram .. I don't expect any serious from shakar , so i don't get disappointed.

interz
19th January 2015, 03:55 PM
Aambala - no brainer entertainer.

The movie seems like Poojai part II. Vishal is the hero of the movie and everything turns in favour for him, he romance, he fights, he reunite the family and wins back his love. Hansika is in the movie for one reason: Glamour. Sundar C, has found his lucky mascot after Rambha. The other two heroines (Madhurima: the hot one, Dimple Chopade: not that hot one) has very little to do than show their faces in few scenes. Sundar C has found his new fav comedian in Santhanam, but I still feel most of the comedy scenes in recent Sundar C. movies has Vadivelu trademark all over it. He would have made more impact. Satheesh evokes laughter here n there too. Pradeep Rawat plays the villain, but seems more comical throughout the movie.

HH Tamizha has provided some good songs, and people consider him a competitor to Anirudh. If u consider how many songs HH Tamizha sung himself in the movie, then yes he is Anirudhs competitor. BGM was pretty noisy, he definately needs to improve on BGM.

Sundar C. made a movie that is expected of him: simple story, comedy, glamour, no logic, many twists. Despite many negative things, the comedy portions made me watch he whole movie.

ajaybaskar
22nd January 2015, 11:10 AM
Aambala

Its a mindless masala which is less on the comedy quotient which we expect from a Sundar C film. A formulaic film with scenes that goes as predicted right from the start.

Vishal has nothing special to do except beating up rowdies, watching Hansika from the back and uttering punch dialogues at Sarath Kumar, his real life opponent.

Santhanam disappoints this time in a Sundar C film. He has a limited role too.

Music was not bad for a newcomer. Pazhagikkalaam drew some good whistles, thanks to the repeated telecast of the song in music channels.

Overall, its a time pass movie when u know what to expect from a Sundar C film. I found it better than Vishal's previous film Poojai.

interz
23rd January 2015, 02:12 AM
Aagadu - I enjoy Mahesh Babu movies mostly, but this seems like Mahesh Babu version of Gabbar Singh, very dissapointed after watching it.

Race Gurram - Allu Arjun is best dancing actor in south no doubt, among top heroines Shruthi Haasan is most glamourous no doubt, I enjoyed the songs more than the movie. Good job by Thaman S. (I am pretty sure director Sundar C. has seen Brammanandams entry in 2nd half as Kill Bill Paandey and made similar entry for Santhanam in Aambala )

Loukyam - Gopichands (Andhravin Vellai Vishal) very average movie. This is like telugu version of a Hari movie, where everything happens in favour of the hero from beginning till end.

BM
23rd January 2015, 07:18 PM
Baby - Awesome seat edge thriller.

uruzalari
23rd January 2015, 08:12 PM
Baby - Awesome seat edge thriller.

Are they showing subtitles?

BM
23rd January 2015, 08:27 PM
Are they showing subtitles?

No subtitles.

k_vanan
24th January 2015, 05:21 AM
Watched Lingaa at astro best HD- Surprisingly good entertainment movie

+Super star super energetic performance at this age
+comedy
+sonakshi
+BGM by ARR
+dialogue
+cinematography & CG work

-definitely average songs
-mindless climax & fights

No boring moment in movie & santhanam is best comedy pair for SS compare to Vivek & senthil :)

LINGAA > SIVAJI > PADAYAPPA

A.ANAND
25th January 2015, 08:22 PM
Sutta kathai watched in vinmeen astro.
Kovam vara mathiri oru comedy movie.

balaajee
25th January 2015, 09:20 PM
Sutta kathai watched in vinmeen astro.
Kovam vara mathiri oru comedy movie.

very true...

uruzalari
25th January 2015, 09:22 PM
Baby (Hindi) - Semma gripping. Full movie seemed like one long climax. Neeraj Pandey has now got 3/3

Dilbert
26th January 2015, 06:18 AM
Baby (Hindi) - Semma gripping. Full movie seemed like one long climax. Neeraj Pandey has now got 3/3

Couldn't agree more , it was like if Zero Dark thirty and Argo decides to have a Baby this would have been the movie. And also Bourne would be the baby's god father.

After long time AK was tolerable to watch. Though it was a over the top masala flick, one will feel Bollywood is seriously moving towards global standards :clap: very sleek effort indeed.

interz
28th January 2015, 07:45 PM
leader (telugu - on youtube with subtitles)

one of the better telugu movies. it has gripping story, is well narrated, and finishes with a good message.

mappi
29th January 2015, 04:33 PM
Top 5 Climax Fights - Part 1

[Attn : Spoliers Ahead & Few clips/portions are for restricted viewership]

5/ Action King Arjun Kick Fight in Jai Hind 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZgqACi-TeQ

4/ Vishal Malaokottai Rain Fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=synCGvk8vUU

3/ Polladhavan Danush Nerambu Fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7H9R9TZppNw

2/ Vikram Dhool Fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkSG6dtpUcY

1/ Karthi Naan Mahan Alla Beach Fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecigNM7OYZw

mappi
29th January 2015, 05:39 PM
Top 5 Climax Fights - Part 2

[Attn : Spoliers Ahead & Few clips/portions are for restricted viewership]

5/ Chatriyan is Immortal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6AhR8UjYjo

4/ Amaran vs Andavaperumal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfIbL5JEH-I

3/ Ji Leg-Chase Climax

(No Audio - Shout at Youtube)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1PUxrZBxJA

2/ Kurudhi Punal Bloody Buddies Rolling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_CnJEsnDiY

1/ Kalivardhan ... Yen Maniyana Konutiye Da ... BANG !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSkHvS1NO9M

mappi
29th January 2015, 05:59 PM
Tribute : Karnan Climax

God Punch : Yen Seyal Vidhi Mari Amaiyuma

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K9UgFkelyA

faithiu11
29th January 2015, 06:16 PM
Watched darling big bore except ghost gopal varma scenes....
aambala not up to sundarc previous movies can watch once in DVD or by download print...surprising how these two movies doing well and sad people comedy sense getting lower....goundar comedy yellam ippa parthalum sema

faithiu11
29th January 2015, 06:18 PM
Tribute : Karnan Climax

God Punch : Yen Seyal Vidhi Mari Amaiyuma

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K9UgFkelyAwat a song.. Great acting by nadigar thilagam(yenna gambiram) and ntr

mappi
29th January 2015, 07:27 PM
Senchottru Kadan Theerkka, Saeraatha Idam Sernthu
Vanjathil Veezhnthaayada Karnaa, Vanjagan Kannanadaa
Karnaa, Mannithu Arulvaayadaa

Krishna plays a double role here, it has been always such a way for him as none is an enemy as is a firend. But Karna's case is particular. He adores Karna. He seems like watching into a mirror whenever Karna is before him. He secretly wishes to be him, that moment when the creator is fasinated by his own creation. When the war horns are about to be blown, Krishna tries one last chance of negociations. At the throne of the Kauravas, his measures are not heard. Krishna looks at Karna and says "Karnan veerathai naan kandathu illai aanal kettadhu undu". Watch that seen to unfold, you will realise the relationship between Karna and Krishna. A tip is already given there. A lovely and memorable scene.

Alas, everything has an end and what more painful is to know that the end has arrived. Krishna sees his own blood oozing out infront of him, the result of the 6 sides of the dice he had roled to make Arjuna capable of winning. He beautifully explains it to Arjuna, that Arjuna being guilty is foolish as 6 people before him had already killed Karna. That is an epic moment where the whole character of Karna gets projected - Karna had been fighting 6 enemies all along and Arjuna was just his full stop. Similarly, when the Mother of Righteousness pleeds and curses Krishna, he does not confront her, but convinces here that its all part of the game, His Game.

But only in this song you will see the other side of Krishna - the confession - God to Many, I bow before you and ask Pardon - how blessed Karna's death could be, what else a soul can ask for.

Karnan - A man who lives through his own death.

interz
2nd February 2015, 06:01 PM
KILLaadi - kolluraandi

Candidate for worst movie in 2015.

k_vanan
2nd February 2015, 08:13 PM
Darling-stupid, nonsense

But ghost gopal (rajendran) :lol2:

interz
3rd February 2015, 08:26 PM
Into the storm - eye focus

I was blown away watching this. The plot is simple, but the visuals were great. As usual rotten tomatoes gave the movie poor reviews, I give a rat about that, what matters to me is entertainment! entertainment! entertainment!

irir123
4th February 2015, 03:26 AM
Into the storm - eye focus

I was blown away watching this. The plot is simple, but the visuals were great. As usual rotten tomatoes gave the movie poor reviews, I give a rat about that, what matters to me is entertainment! entertainment! entertainment!

what it lacked in plot, it made up with visuals - RT is a consensus from different reviews - most critics give a unanimous importance to the plotline rather than CGI

ajaybaskar
5th February 2015, 03:49 PM
Yennai Arinthaal

Hari should learn a thing or two from Gautham on how to make a cop film without high decibel screams and flying Sumos. GVM is back, well and truly. :clap

Ajith has a role which suits his age and personality. He underplays throughout the film and it complements the film. Both heroines have played their roles well but Trisha stands out, thanks to the poetically written love track.

Arun Vijay didn't impress me much like what is projected in the media. Just ok, except that split screen sequence in the second half.

Songs were good on screen. Bgm was kinda loud and passable.

On the downside, the film takes some time to settle. But once it does, it moves with a good pace. Overall, GVM has done no harm to his reputation and I would place YA as his second best cop film after VV.

P.S: My mindvoice when I was walking out of the hall - இந்த அஜித் ஃபேன்ஸ் படம் சுமாரா இருந்தாலே சூப்பரும்பானுங்க.. :)

faithiu11
5th February 2015, 05:34 PM
Watched yennai arinthal...pretty average stuff from gvm..really disappointed..nowhere near to kk or vv..ajith did his part well...detailed review later

interz
5th February 2015, 07:38 PM
Isai - Sa re ga ma pa tha ni, intha padathai nee gavani

I didnt expect isai to be a thriller, it was a surprising movie, with very good acting y SJ Surya and Sathyaraj and Savithri. If you have seen the truman show with Jim Carrey you might get de ja vu watching this movie. Another notable plus in the movie is Ganja Karuppu, his scenes with Sathyaraj were well executed.

Camera work is great, esp Atho Vaanile, Nee Poiyyaa? I like the songs, but I still feel this movie would have been more special if ARR composed the songs for the movie.

The gilma silphonsi scenes are nothing compared to hollywood movies, its censors job to deal with it, they could have asked SJ Surya to cut those scenes. thers lot of comedy in the movie too, esp Raju Sundaram scenes made me lol.

Overall I enjoyed the movie, the climax twist is totally unexpected. Welcome back to kollywood SJ Surya.

Mahen
5th February 2015, 08:26 PM
Yennai arinthal- not the best of gm and one of the better films of ajit compared to his recent releases..ya lacks the grip like wat kaaka kaaka and vetaiyadu vilaiyadu had..but its still worth a watch..ajit and trisha were impressive.. Arun was just ok..

uruzalari
6th February 2015, 12:03 AM
Yennai Arindhaal....

A thin line separating good and bad. But the line is quite thick in YA as you prefer to stand on it without making a call whether the film is good or bad. Neatly made? Yes. Good intentions? Yes. Entertaining? That remains a question mark. Well all movies need not be entertaining. The graph of YA is gradual and never dips to a negative value. But the peaks in the graph never really soar great heights and remain minor momentary highs.

interz
6th February 2015, 06:23 PM
Yennai Arinthaal - a mental perspective

Q: Padam eppudi irukku?
Mental 1: Nallarukkupaa, 3 mani neram nalla thoonginenla.

Q: Ajiths performance?
Mental 2: Nallathaan pannirukkaru, athuvum preethi jhangiyaani oda nalla pannirukkaaru... sorrryppa ora thalamayir cuttu, red ennu nachuputten

Q: Trisha? Anuska?
Mental 3: Yow GVP pola enna kulappaatha, Trisha illatti Nayanthara ennu namma darling paiyan confuse aayi irukkaan. Ivanga padathila vanthathe 20 nimisham, appearancu cameo, aana vaangurathu kodiya?

Comedy scenes?
Mental 4: evvalavo humour sense ulla engalaiya vivek sirikka vakkalana, eppudi mattavangala sirikka vaippaar?

Q:ArunVijay/villain?
Mental 5: Kathuraan, Thitturaan, Saaguraan, aana hero vida villaana bayam kaatturan. Appakku pilla thappa purakkala.

Q: Camera?
Mental 6: Cheese

Q: How are songs?
Mental 7: Manisharma supera tune potturukka, ...Maambala Maambalam...slowa pottu puttaru ... athanyaa Athaaru Uthaaru... yaaru Harris Jeyaraja meesic? Avarkitta BGM pannekka vayiru kolara ennu ketkanum...appadiye vayiru pirattura meethiri meesic...

Q: Gautham Vaasudev menon?
Mental 8: Neeyavathu oru padam mudichu release panniputtiye, naattila sila pasanga 2-3 varusham 4-5 padam thodangi onnumma release aagalango.

If i wasnt mentally ill my words would have been: it is a above average movie, worth watching.

vithagan
7th February 2015, 01:09 AM
Yennai Arinthaal - First half slow & bore , second half engaging.
Realistic cop story & NIL heroism - I liked this aspect of YA, but GVM should stop making cop films in future.. many scenes are repetitive from Kakkha kakkha and Vettaiyadu vilayadu.. same with Harris rerecording..
Biggest disadvantage of YA is no twist & turns!!
Saving Grace is Ajith in his underplayed role..

One time watch!!

interz
7th February 2015, 03:56 PM
Pulanvisaranai 2 - kankalukku sothanai.

Candidate 2 for worst movie of 2015 is found.

Mr.GreyShirt
7th February 2015, 07:25 PM
Yennai Arindhal - Movie was all over the place in the first half. It couldn't stick to one plot. I was so lost in the first half an hour of the movie. Most of it is due to poor editing. Where the first half was nothing but expositions, the second half is where it picks up its pace and the story. GVM can only write one type of cop. Ajith's character is the exact same as Kamal's in VV and Surya's in KK. There was no personality to the character. Only thing going for it was the Ajith's charm. Like vithagan said, if you have seen GVM's previous cop films then you can easily guess what the next scene is going to be. Not that you can't predict it without seeing them either.

I have always had a problem with GVM's writting. He tries so hard to keep the characters and dialogues grounded it comes out so artificial. Some of the dialogues were so poetic; no one in real life talks like that and the characters were so grounded no one is given a standout personality. Only Ajith's natural charm induces some personality
into his character.

I really can't tell if it is a good movie or a bad one. It really didn't invoke any kind of emotion. It is just another GVM movie.

And GVM, please stop narrating every scene in the movie. We know what is going on without you constantly telling us what is going on. We are not that stupid.

paranitharan
7th February 2015, 08:25 PM
Yennai Arinthaal - a mental perspective

Q: Padam eppudi irukku?
Mental 1: Nallarukkupaa, 3 mani neram nalla thoonginenla.

Q: Ajiths performance?
Mental 2: Nallathaan pannirukkaru, athuvum preethi jhangiyaani oda nalla pannirukkaaru... sorrryppa ora thalamayir cuttu, red ennu nachuputten

Q: Trisha? Anuska?
Mental 3: Yow GVP pola enna kulappaatha, Trisha illatti Nayanthara ennu namma darling paiyan confuse aayi irukkaan. Ivanga padathila vanthathe 20 nimisham, appearancu cameo, aana vaangurathu kodiya?

Comedy scenes?
Mental 4: evvalavo humour sense ulla engalaiya vivek sirikka vakkalana, eppudi mattavangala sirikka vaippaar?

Q:ArunVijay/villain?
Mental 5: Kathuraan, Thitturaan, Saaguraan, aana hero vida villaana bayam kaatturan. Appakku pilla thappa purakkala.

Q: Camera?
Mental 6: Cheese

Q: How are songs?
Mental 7: Manisharma supera tune potturukka, ...Maambala Maambalam...slowa pottu puttaru ... athanyaa Athaaru Uthaaru... yaaru Harris Jeyaraja meesic? Avarkitta BGM pannekka vayiru kolara ennu ketkanum...appadiye vayiru pirattura meethiri meesic...

Q: Gautham Vaasudev menon?
Mental 8: Neeyavathu oru padam mudichu release panniputtiye, naattila sila pasanga 2-3 varusham 4-5 padam thodangi onnumma release aagalango.

If i wasnt mentally ill my words would have been: it is a above average movie, worth watching.

enna friends kuuda discussionaa? right wokay ;)

m_23_bayarea
7th February 2015, 09:17 PM
Ennai Arinthaal: Watched it after huge expectations and major build-up in my own mind - thanks to Gowtham Menon, Ajith, and Harris coming together, and that too for a cop movie! Truly enjoyed it! Not sure if a Gowtham cop movie can ever go wrong. This one unlike KK or VV focuses more on human emotions and relationships - friendship, love, and fatherhood. The 3rd one stood out the most for me personally! Kudos to Ajith, a big star forgetting all his image, hype, and hoopla, and surrendering himself to a good movie and director, and just focusing on his acting! 2 thumbs up!! Will have to watch it a few more times to analyze it more... :)

Siv.S
7th February 2015, 09:38 PM
Movie buff :thumbsup: liked your choosen words :)
m_23_bayarea bro welcome back :) glad that you liked YA. .

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
8th February 2015, 10:31 AM
Isai - One Heck of a Movie :bow: The film has it's slow moments but gets gripping as it proceeds :)
Welcome Back SJ

A.ANAND
9th February 2015, 01:15 PM
YENNAI ARINTHAL-sudum ayutham

mixed wit kaaka kaaka n vettayadu vilayadu...palaya maava epadi kinndarathu innu, gvm ikku sariya varala..

namma 'aruva jeep antharathila parakkum' pugal dir hari kitta kodutha pirichi menjiruparu..

only ajith-acting than periya balam...kaatu kattal arun vijay rejected!!villana appadi enna special-la panni irukarunnu theriyala..thuppaki eduthu satha yaaraiyachum suttu kitte irukangga..yaaravathu setthu kitte irukanunga..'indian sames cameramen' pugal gvm sothappi vechirukappala..below average..

m_23_bayarea
14th February 2015, 05:37 AM
PK - pretty ordinary! They surely get their point across on God and religion with all their questions though. The climax (TV show scene) was pretty dramatic and hard to believe! Really surprised to see the hype, hoopla, and the BO collections of this movie!!

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
14th February 2015, 09:18 PM
Good to see Heroines sharing as much screen space as Heroes in recent films which i watched - I, Isai, Anegan ! Not only their presence but also their characters have been etched very nicely.... :)

interz
15th February 2015, 02:28 AM
Angusam - disastrous

It is a perfect movie where the intention about social message is good, but the result is a disaster. The movie is about RTI. But the director seem to have a calculation about how a movie should be: a jobless guy, loser friends, duet partner (heroine), corrupt police & politicians. Whole 1st half is about love. Love shadows the real subject in many movies, which makes movies look less convincing, get to the matter peter!

One positive thing about the movie is i learned something about RTI. I tried to read up on RTI, on paper it seem like a good move, but there are lot of exceptions in RTI, that makes RTI look less convincing. Nevertheless it is an attempt to give more rights to indian citizens and fight corruption.

m_23_bayarea
15th February 2015, 07:38 AM
Happy New Year - Pure fun! :)

A.ANAND
15th February 2015, 02:23 PM
anegan - watched in federal yesterday mitnit..40% full.. mass masala entertainer..K.V Anand movie ikku remote control sevai thevai-ye illa...

sema fast...dhanush-ikku itha role ellam cumma 'cuving gam' thinnu thuppara mathiri..boring illama katha sollarathu-la KVA killadi..good time passing movie..ellam okthan but etho onnu missing mathiri thonuth!!theater-la ukkanthathum therila elunthathum theriyala..

plus

fresh story,danush,karthik,HJ songs..

hats off to kv anand..

srimal
15th February 2015, 03:34 PM
Manidha kadhal alla - eppadi irukku ?? any idea.... i saw the ads on tv yesterday and wondered if it was some kind of twilight-ish theme :D

k_vanan
15th February 2015, 08:04 PM
anegan - watched in federal yesterday mitnit..40% full.. mass masala entertainer..K.V Anand movie ikku remote control sevai thevai-ye illa...

sema fast...dhanush-ikku itha role ellam cumma 'cuving gam' thinnu thuppara mathiri..boring illama katha sollarathu-la KVA killadi..good time passing movie..ellam okthan but etho onnu missing mathiri thonuth!!theater-la ukkanthathum therila elunthathum theriyala..

plus

fresh story,danush,karthik,HJ songs..

hats off to kv anand..

How is theatre condition after refurbish :) hope no more cockroaches & rat :(

NOV
15th February 2015, 08:15 PM
How is theatre condition after refurbish :) hope no more cockroaches & rat :(How is the price?

At Summit - its 10-11 bucks. On Wednesdays, only 7 bucks
- fantastic seating & sound system!

A.ANAND
15th February 2015, 08:18 PM
Ha ha.superb renovation.. Enna onnu out site mattum not allowed. Wife oru mootta renjukku norukku theeniya alli Kittu vanthangga..kenji kuttadiyum onnum nadakala.Selma strittu..state p.j also OK than..isai n yennai arinthal anggathan pathen..

A.ANAND
15th February 2015, 08:34 PM
RM 13 innu nenakiren..nettu konjam late.rm50 koduten..avasarathila balance sa kuda kanakku pannala..

littlemaster1982
15th February 2015, 08:42 PM
Yennai Arindhal - Movie was all over the place in the first half. It couldn't stick to one plot. I was so lost in the first half an hour of the movie. Most of it is due to poor editing. Where the first half was nothing but expositions, the second half is where it picks up its pace and the story. GVM can only write one type of cop. Ajith's character is the exact same as Kamal's in VV and Surya's in KK. There was no personality to the character. Only thing going for it was the Ajith's charm. Like vithagan said, if you have seen GVM's previous cop films then you can easily guess what the next scene is going to be. Not that you can't predict it without seeing them either.

I have always had a problem with GVM's writting. He tries so hard to keep the characters and dialogues grounded it comes out so artificial. Some of the dialogues were so poetic; no one in real life talks like that and the characters were so grounded no one is given a standout personality. Only Ajith's natural charm induces some personality
into his character.

I really can't tell if it is a good movie or a bad one. It really didn't invoke any kind of emotion. It is just another GVM movie.

And GVM, please stop narrating every scene in the movie. We know what is going on without you constantly telling us what is going on. We are not that stupid.

Our hubber Honest Raj said these exact words in his review. I agree with rest of your points as well. I've always disliked how the character's speak in GVM's films. Not just the words, but the way they speak with all those pauses. It was too much in YA too. And, HJ should be banned from doing re-recording.

Anban
16th February 2015, 01:11 AM
Hahaha this is what happens when any director repeats his style over and over again. It put offs people. I found many discussing in the theatre during the interval, that this movie is a copy of VV..
"Intha director ippidiyaa copy adippaan " - back seat la oru aunty comment.. [emoji38]

Howardgrb
16th February 2015, 06:37 PM
Also, there were just too many plot holes.. Overall i thought it is not a bad film because it was not boring.. But i am not sure if i will hold the same opinion if i see it again..

arulraj
17th February 2015, 08:53 AM
In my view IPS character should be aggressive instead of charm... trisha is good where jothika is wasted sorry anuska. YA is a wrong composition of KK,VV and VA........:smokesmirk:

paranitharan
18th February 2015, 10:29 AM
Yennai Arinthal is the best tamil movie released from a day before deepavali to now. I am probably buying the dvd when it is out.

Mahen
21st February 2015, 10:13 AM
Neethane En ponvasantham..kinda like the film now :oops: not sure why i hated the film at that point of time..the problems varun and nithya faced are quite realistic..IR was also in top form.GM should have made this film much later..not immediately after VTV

leosimha
21st February 2015, 10:36 AM
Neethane En ponvasantham..kinda like the film now :oops: not sure why i hated the film at that point of time..the problems varun and nithya faced are quite realistic..IR was also in top form.GM should have made this film much later..not immediately after VTV

you hated the movie because it was dragging and slow...you wanted a fast screenplay... :) though both jeeva and samantha did a good job guess some other actor other than jeeva could have done better and samantha could have portrayed her egoistic attitude still better...but gvm chosen not to overdo it...

leosimha
21st February 2015, 10:43 AM
Hahaha this is what happens when any director repeats his style over and over again. It put offs people. I found many discussing in the theatre during the interval, that this movie is a copy of VV..
"Intha director ippidiyaa copy adippaan " - back seat la oru aunty comment.. [emoji38]

the problem with GVM is he is hell bent on one impression formed about police characters which can't be changed and also the father-son or father-daughter bonding portrayal is so gvm formula...guess he wants to show some parts from his real life...

but we can't say YA is a copy of VV because YA is more of father-daughter bonding, a gentleman romancing a divorced lady who is a mother to a 2 year old daughter laced with a very thin plot relating to human trafficking and organ trading with ajith's machoism....ajith wanted to work with gvm's vision of movie making...and YA is one of those film.. :)

interz
21st February 2015, 06:57 PM
Sandamarutham - what is Ophaleseca?

3rd worst movie of 2015 is found. It seems like mass movie directors run out of "sarakku" after few movies. I did enjoy his Kuthu, Malai Malai, Maanja Velu. Sarathukumar and overaction is not a good mix. The villain character was too far out, and comical than threatening. Meera Nandan and Oviya gets some duets with Sarathkumar but nothing more. Most annoying part of the movie is comedy, too many comedians, and none of them could make me laugh. James Vasanthan songs are pretty bad, and BGM not racy enough. To ignore this movie totally is the best thing you can do for the cinema industry in tamil nadu.

uruzalari
21st February 2015, 08:51 PM
Anegan - liked it. For me it looked like it all got all the difficult things right. Logic and magic ...both were perfect to make it entertaining. But missed small things including Dhanush's atrocious wig at places.

Tamizhuku Enn Ondrai Azhuthavum - Thoroughly enjoyed the film. Sad to see few average reviews for the film. It needs to be appreciated. A film where you do not see the typical filmi hero even in a single scene. Despite being offbeat it was entertaining throughout with humour being the highlight.

Sandamarutham - Had very very very low expectations when I went in. Realized even that level was too high for the movie.

joe
21st February 2015, 09:18 PM
Anegan .. OK movie.
Couldn't understand the hype on that song Danga Maari :lol:
Some visuals are stunning .. I have been to the Pagoda and some places shown in the movie in Myanmar.

m_23_bayarea
22nd February 2015, 04:25 AM
Watched 2 movies this week:

(1) I - Good!

(2) Anegan - Awesome!! :)

interz
22nd February 2015, 10:14 PM
Tamilukku En 1 aluthavum

Kudos to the director for making an interesting movie, with a different plot. The movie is just 2 hours and 7 mins long and gets very interesting in 2nd half. Another good treat in february, I think this month has proved to be a good month for cineindustry.

+:
The movie plot it interesting,
very apt cast (Nakul, Aishwarya Dutta, Bindu Madhavi, Urvashi, Manobala etc)
Thaman S. songs are good.

-:
Could have made the movie more serious
The cab driver didnt notice the van was following him for long time
Attakathi Dinesh (same stone face expression throughout the movie)

NOV
23rd February 2015, 06:55 AM
What a laugh riot this movie was.... incredibly funny one-liners and excellent comics with perfect timing.
Don't miss!

http://tamilgun.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Aadama-Jaichomada.jpg

George Thomas
23rd February 2015, 10:08 AM
Tamizhuku Enn Ondrai Azhuthavum - Thoroughly enjoyed the film. Sad to see few average reviews for the film. It needs to be appreciated. A film where you do not see the typical filmi hero even in a single scene. Despite being offbeat it was entertaining throughout with humour being the highlight.
+1 enjoyed this movie a lot. Another good thing is no unnecessary songs to hinder the tension being created ..

balaajee
27th February 2015, 11:23 AM
Sandamarutham - what is Ophaleseca?

3rd worst movie of 2015 is found. It seems like mass movie directors run out of "sarakku" after few movies. I did enjoy his Kuthu, Malai Malai, Maanja Velu. Sarathukumar and overaction is not a good mix. The villain character was too far out, and comical than threatening. Meera Nandan and Oviya gets some duets with Sarathkumar but nothing more. Most annoying part of the movie is comedy, too many comedians, and none of them could make me laugh. James Vasanthan songs are pretty bad, and BGM not racy enough. To ignore this movie totally is the best thing you can do for the cinema industry in tamil nadu.

’சண்டமாருதம்’ வெற்றிக்கொண்டாட்டம் - ஆல்பம்!

http://cinema.vikatan.com/articles/news/24/9033

uruzalari
27th February 2015, 05:00 PM
Kaaki Sattai - Romba sumaar. Neither entertains nor bores.

balaajee
27th February 2015, 05:33 PM
Kaaki Sattai - Romba sumaar. Neither entertains nor bores.
< Maan karate correct???

uruzalari
27th February 2015, 09:07 PM
< Maan karate correct???

For me yes. I liked Maan karate.

ajaybaskar
28th February 2015, 12:24 AM
Kaaki Sattai

A film which started promisingly but ended up an average fare. SiKa is comfortable doing the carefree guy but struggles to fit in as a mass hero. May be he will improve in the future

Imaan annachi was good and was refreshing compared to Soori or Satheesh who often accompany SiKa

Why Vijay Raaz in such an ordinary role? A Dev Gill or Abhimanyu Singh would've been more than enough.

Organ trade is an interesting concept and why the director made mockery of it with some silly and uninteresting scenes, God only knows.

The film, I felt was quite better than Maan Karate. But there is nothing to exclaim about.

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
2nd March 2015, 01:03 AM
Press 1 For Tamizh - Awesome :) :) Biggest plus for the film is Red Giant Movies. They ensured that the film gets adequate release !!! Film released today in Thiruvarur after nearly 1 Week (Atleast they released) despite biggies :) :) A must have movie in collection.

interz
2nd March 2015, 02:24 AM
Kaaki Sattai - does not capture.

The movie has not met my expectations. The only highlight abt the movie is Sivakarthikeyan. Kudos for his effort in the movie He is improving movie by movie, but he ought to choose the scripts with utter most care. Furthermore I suggest him to work with directors he hasnt worked with before. He is the "familyfriendly star" and has reached many households via tv. Sridivya is a miscast IMO the girl lacks the sparkle in the movie, she seem like a typecast for village movies and not urban movies. Imaan Annachi is another comedian like Kancha Karuppu, he might have a funny voice, but he is not funny.

Anirudhs songs are dissapointing for the first time, he saves his name by giving a superb BGM.

Durai S. is to be blamed for a movie that should have been much better.

rsubras
2nd March 2015, 06:46 AM
Organ trade is an interesting concept and why the director made mockery of it with some silly and uninteresting scenes, God only knows.

depends on individuals' way of portraying things.... Remember Mr.Romeo :) ?

ajaybaskar
5th March 2015, 09:13 PM
Enakkul Oruvan

A faithful remake of Lucia. But since most cinema loving people would've watched Lucia, I wonder how this film would perform in Tamil, considering the lack of commercial elements. However, kudos to Pawan Kumar for making a Nolanesque film in India and to Siddharth and Prasad for remaking it.

uruzalari
6th March 2015, 09:19 PM
Enakkul Oruvan

A faithful remake of Lucia. But since most cinema loving people would've watched Lucia, I wonder how this film would perform in Tamil, considering the lack of commercial elements. However, kudos to Pawan Kumar for making a Nolanesque film in India and to Siddharth and Prasad for remaking it.

A doubt to those who have seen both the versions.

As I have seen the original I was aware of the climax.The dark skin tone given to Siddharth to give variation between the two roles. Would it not give away the climax as the Siddharth shown in the Hospital right at the begining is the fairer one? Thought this is huge give away. Not sure if they missed it or let it go purposefully.

ajaybaskar
6th March 2015, 09:32 PM
Yes. Thats true. But many wouldn't watch that closely.

19thmay
8th March 2015, 12:48 PM
Enakkul Oruvan ...

Goundamani to Prabhu in Mydear marthandan

Goundamani : Ohoooo
Chinni Jayanth : ahhhaaannnn...
Goundamani : Enna ahhhaannn? unakenna purinjuducha? naane puriyazma kozhambi iruken... :lol2:

k_vanan
8th March 2015, 05:41 PM
JK Enum Nanbanin Vaalkai- not bad either good but luckily cheran decide to release home video DVD. look like telemovie

balaajee
8th March 2015, 06:15 PM
Enakkul Oruvan

felt Orginal was far better...they could have dubbed the movie & checked their luck...

easygoer
8th March 2015, 09:13 PM
JK Enum Nanbanin Vaalkai - Definitely one time watchable flick. The movie has a feel good factor and sure induces positivity. What the movie lacks is impressive writing. The core intent being how the outside events change the inner mindset of a person which in turn triggers a behaviour that leaves a positive impact on everyone who comes in contact with that person. The outside events that calls for change could have been better and the inner mindset could have been well communicated. Both cinematography and GVP's BGM get's along very well with the flow of the movie. The performances and songs are just passable. The script lacks logic at various instances and also has many of the brand TFM cliches which could have been avoided.

Thumb's up to cheran for his intent to make a movie with good message but a solid script could have elevated it to another level.

A.ANAND
9th March 2015, 12:21 PM
oonayum aattukuttiyum watched in vinmeen HD yesterday

mishykin maybe a good writter but very very bad director...better ivaru script writing-oda stopped panni kittu avaru ass.director-a vechi direct panna makkalukku perum punniyama irukkum...mosama director..

PARAMASHIVAN
9th March 2015, 03:24 PM
Enakkul Oruvan, what a film ! :clap: well worth a watch, Sidharth best performance till date, heroine is refreshing and very expressive! BGM was excellent, if the songs were "omitted" it would have been even more better.

mappi
9th March 2015, 06:58 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/10431441_969968809703108_3492353091158153961_n.jpg ?oh=b606de288c3d01689806994cef52e391&oe=557FBBD4&__gda__=1438354660_5e9758b22d20a2a128e306bd9337626 5

Movie Buff / Ajay,

Eventhough what you have mentioned is right, coming at the very front of the film, I do not think it would make an enormous attentive impact on viewers. Even in Lucia, the guy in coma has trimmed beard as the Hero, and the Theatre worker is a bit toned down.

But I agree with what you have pointed out, I beleive it was nothing purpouseful, but thats how they wished to start the travel of the 3 plots.

19thmay,

The movie is based on a a 16th century poem by Kanakadasa. Also spins around a Chinese philosophy by Zhuang Zhou (also known as Zhuangzi) on Lucid Dreaming. Once Zhuangzi dreamed that he was a butterfly, upon waking he was disturbed by a thought as to whether it was a butterfly still dreaming that it is Zhuangzi. The Kanada movie opens with the extracts from the poem by Kanakadasa.

Here is a English translation (thanks to the annonymous translator from internet) :

Are you within illusion? or illusion is within you?
Are you into the body? Or is the body part of you?

Is space within the house? Or the house within space?
Or are both space and the house within the seeing eye?
Is the eye within the mind? Or the mind within the eye?
Or are both the eye and the mind within you?

Does sweetness lie in sugar, or sugar in sweetness?
Or do both sweetness and sugar lie in the tongue?
Is the tongue within the mind? Or the mind within the tongue?
Or are both the tongue and the mind within you?

Does fragrance lie in the flower? Or the flower in fragrance?
Or do both the flower and fragrance lie in the nostrils?
I cannot say, O Lord Adikeshava of Kaginele,
O! peerless one, are all things within you alone ?

Hope this helps to see the 3 tracks on which the movie runs and finally approaches to say that its past and present with a dream inside of a Single person.

Balaajee,

What I promised to you, that I will tell you once Ennakul Oruvan Releases :

The problem with Lucia are the characters who start to wander aimlessly in the later part of the film. You could see there is no development in them and they start looking like walking dead. After a point of time, I mean once the registrations are made and the tracks starts to move parrallely, you start to see the same pattern in the dream sequences. It goes like a flow chart - you know that rhombus box where you put Yes/No redirections. I felt Pawan lacked a bit to forward it convincingly. Also the climax, suddenly Lucia, that was confusing everyone for the past 2 hours, becomes the magical reason and bringing back the Hero was not convincing either. Strictly speaking on the heavy content the initial part of the movie promised.

Comparing it to Lucia, Ennakum Oruvan (EO) got the naration style forward. They are not narating the story, but moving the narration using plot points. Like in Pulp Fiction, the story told in plot wise narration. It was too good in EO too. Casting was perfect, songs (Yeandi was cool), BMG, performence etc., good in EO. Where it could not match Lucia is in its texture. The candid style in Lucia worked big time for me, but EO took the normal route where you see 'artists acting'.

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
10th March 2015, 12:59 AM
EO - Nice Attempt but didn't work out well for me ! Sole saving grace Sidarth and Yendi Ippadi Song !!! Wow.... Enna Ponnu Da !

hattori_hanzo
10th March 2015, 07:12 AM
oonayum aattukuttiyum watched in vinmeen HD yesterday

mishykin maybe a good writter but very very bad director...better ivaru script writing-oda stopped panni kittu avaru ass.director-a vechi direct panna makkalukku perum punniyama irukkum...mosama director..

:-( Watched OA for the 2nd time last week and liked it a lot. Except for some really bad scenes (like those involving villian and his henchmen), most part of the movie was quite compelling.

hattori_hanzo
10th March 2015, 07:15 AM
Pisaasu. Being a fan of Mysskin's earlier works, particularly Anjaadhe, Yudham Sei and OA and after reading some good reviews I expected a lot from this movie. Quite a disappointment. I found it to be a mix of Anandhapurathu Veedu, Eeram and The Machinist. I wonder how Pisaasu became a BO success and but OA did not.

hattori_hanzo
10th March 2015, 07:18 AM
Anegan - Padathula oatta irundha paravailla, padame oattaiya irundha?? Kodumai. Can watch it only for Navarasa Nayagan who simply steals the show whenever he is around. Dhanush is wasted in all 3 (or 4?) roles.

selvakumar
10th March 2015, 10:25 AM
Hattori - you might have earned the wrath of Anegan fans in the hub.

mappi
10th March 2015, 03:02 PM
Yendi Ippadi Song !!! Wow.... Enna Ponnu Da !

Yes. The song was one of the coolest moments in the Film. I had been listening to the album for a long time, and still Yendi & Poo Avizhum Pozhudhil are still in my playlist. The beauty is the opening of the songs are part of the narrative. The events pass and at a moment the opening serves a BGM and then the song continues. I felt this quite amazing, as you know that you favourite song is going to be played.

Yendi from Ennakum Oruvan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePwiT-RH2NY

mappi
10th March 2015, 03:22 PM
Anegan - Padathula oatta irundha paravailla, padame oattaiya irundha?? Kodumai. Dhanush is wasted in all 3 (or 4?) roles.

But there is one loose thread and if you catch it, the film can suddenly become fabulous. Only one person on internet (I came across) spoke about it. As I did not like the film, I kept away from the thread. I saw it again recently on DVD (for 'the heroine' purpose) and found that the idea was great, but KVA, just like any other 'Ad film maker turned feature film maker' concentrated more on detailing, taking much time and at the end trying to wrap it up too fast. A kind of Mariyan Syndrome. No questions on the visuals, they all were amazing. But why Danush ? a miscast !

Anyway, the loose thread I am talking about is - there was never a reincarnation at all. The present Couple is just a co-incident (which I don't buy, and thats entirely a different issue, something I have to deal with myself). The other stories are fabricated by Madhu, thanks to whatever pills she is made to take by Karthik, her employer, who develops 'stoneage' video games. The purpose of the pills is to stimulate the imagination of the developers, then he sends them for a psycho analysis termed 'stress relief', gets the story from the psy and develops his games.

Madhu gets stimulated more than the actual capacity. She reads a book on Burma, and thus the Burma story. When she was a teenager, she meets Kalyani's father is the Rehab, and thus Kali story. But when she meets Ashwin, its like a dream come true for her, and she starts to confuse herself between imagination & reality. Karthik's facemask gets town by the hands of "twist" and the movie ends coupling all the ending of the couples imagined by Madhu (thats why KVA makes a point to show her then & there when Ashwin fights Karthik during climax).

Now, if you agree, watch the movie again, and you will get a different picture. But KVA does not communicate it properly to us, there lies the 'oatta' you are talking about.

NOV
10th March 2015, 05:08 PM
Karthik, not every viewer needs a Gautam-Menon's-hold-my-hand-I'll-tell-you-the-story approach.
Watching it the first time itself, many of us understood the layers in the film.

mappi
10th March 2015, 05:32 PM
NOV,

Not in an explanatory tone, but just to point out that the 'oattai' in question should not be confused with the capabilities of Madhu to decipher an information. Obviously, there will be continuity problem as she is narrating junk as reality. If beyond this, a viewer still thinks that there is 'oattai', its basicially his/her dislikeness towards the film and not an argument. Just wanted to make that clear.

And no offense intended to other spectateurs (I should have avoided "only one person" sentence, next time will be more careful).

NOV
10th March 2015, 06:14 PM
cheers Karthik :)

Anban
10th March 2015, 09:03 PM
well said Nov ..

we have to ban this Essay writing competition ..

faithiu11
10th March 2015, 09:13 PM
well said Nov ..

we have to ban this Essay writing competition ..

Lol...anegan is a good attempt and a good film too

hattori_hanzo
11th March 2015, 06:37 AM
Thats a good explanation mappi. I did understand it in the first viewing but did not find anything impressive in the way these 'layers' were depicted. Just to show that she started hallucinating after reading a book on Burma, KVA made 30 mins of beaten-to-death love story shot in Burma, which doesn't have anything to do with the 2 other stories that follow? He could have cut it short like Ilamaran segment. The only reason why this was shown is probably to make us suspect Radhakrishnan, for most part of the movie.
Heroine consults a psychiatrist --> explains her dreams which are actually fabricated, based on what she heard and read --> Karthik get the inputs from the doc and makes video games which sell across the world --> Still heroine/her friends, relatives never come to know that the games are based on her life/lives???

And these employees take energy shots, prescribed by in-house doctor!!!

selvakumar
11th March 2015, 10:33 AM
KvA seems to have been obsessed with drugs since maatraan.

selvakumar
11th March 2015, 10:36 AM
Problem with Anegan is that the movie is not cohesive and had become a bits and pieces film.

balaajee
11th March 2015, 12:14 PM
Problem with Anegan is that the movie is not cohesive and had become a bits and pieces film.

But its praised as best masala movie... a lesson for other commercial Directors.....

selvakumar
11th March 2015, 12:31 PM
But its praised as best masala movie... a lesson for other commercial Directors.....

Are you making a statement yourself or quoting others in that post?....

balaajee
11th March 2015, 03:03 PM
Are you making a statement yourself or quoting others in that post?....

quoting others...

easygoer
11th March 2015, 10:09 PM
I think following could be the explanation for few of the questions discussed above

1. Karthik strategy to create video games is very simple
a. Use a drug to stimulate the brain and people would come up with fresh ideas.
b. Send the employees to a psychiatrist in the name of stress reduction , so that psychiatrist can put people in hypnotic state where they
will speak a lot of stories. Those stories will be recorded and given to Karthik using which he will come up with new game concepts.
In case, if employee A comes up with a story, Karthik will make sure, it is been develped by some other employees of different units so
that employee A would be unaware. (If I remember, Jagan will tell to danush that these games are developed at Bangalore unit and he
will add a point saying that they are doing under world business as well)

2. From the standpoint of Madhumitha, She has been put on hypnotic state and the general fact is many people when placed on hypnotic state
used to quote lot of past birth stories. Some section of people beleive that the stories are true and other section believe mind just comes
up with some stories based on some internal association between different areas of the brain. Madhumitha belongs to the former section.
a. K V Anand’s intention here is to just state the mindset of Madhumitha and he has left the judgement to the audience. Audience can either
decide it’s past birth or they can just consider it as an imaginary story.

I do have some questions regarding the story

1.If madhumitha could remember the inspector and his mark on the face, then 100 percent, she must have identified karthik as well but she didn’t, why?
2.Madhumitha clearly believes, her uncle was the one responsible for their death in burma, but still her reactions towards her uncle doesn’t signify any extreme emotions such as enemity, hatred, irritation etc., why?
3.The intentions of Ashish vidarti is clearly not known. Whether he is in favour of karthik or against him?

ajaybaskar
11th March 2015, 11:03 PM
1.Madhu remembers the inspector and his scar because she saw his face in Thalaivasal Vijay's paintings. And the face of the inspector hasn't changed much over the time except the grey hair. Also, the scar is still there. Karthik has grown a french beard and lives with his second name Kiran. So may be she failed to identify him.

2.She does show some kinda hatred towards her uncle. Often she asks him about the expenses. She cant explicitly show her enemity because of the confused state she is in and people around her may think bad of her.

3.Ashish wants to catch the real killer and hence he even hides the finger so that the killer doesn't get alerted knowing about it.

hattori_hanzo
12th March 2015, 12:56 AM
1.Madhu remembers the inspector and his scar because she saw his face in Thalaivasal Vijay's paintings. And the face of the inspector hasn't changed much over the time except the grey hair. Also, the scar is still there. Karthik has grown a french beard and lives with his second name Kiran. So may be she failed to identify him.

easy & AB, IIRC the paint on Karthik's face has fallen off, making it a distorted image

k_vanan
16th March 2015, 07:05 AM
PK- thinking how this boring movie can be big blockbuster :(

interz
17th March 2015, 03:46 AM
En Vazhi Thani Vazhi - very bad movie

Gatham Gatham - bad movie

Pinkurippu: Both movie titles are dialogues said by Superstar, in Padaiyappa and Baba. Shame on industry to misuse titles to make such crappy movies.

mexicomeat
17th March 2015, 06:22 AM
ivanukku thannila gandam - nice comedy movie, worth watching once if you liked kalakalappu and similar comedy movies.

Nasc
17th March 2015, 08:03 AM
En Vazhi Thani Vazhi - very bad movie

Gatham Gatham - bad movie

Pinkurippu: Both movie titles are dialogues said by Superstar, in Padaiyappa and Baba. Shame on industry to misuse titles to make such crappy movies.

very true..not a good trend...

hopefully ok kanmani phrase used by kamal in guna n singarevelan.becomes a hit movie ...n they don't flounder it

interz
21st March 2015, 08:56 PM
Ivanukku Thanilla Gandam - dont drink, dont blabber.

A hangover type movie. Dialogues are the only thing thats good abt the movie, its laced with witty dialogues throughout the movie. Humour only cant save a movie, it needs a gripping screenplay too, in that part the director failed.

easygoer
22nd March 2015, 10:00 PM
Thamilku en onrai aluthavum - Pretty decent watchable entertainer.

1. Director's intention to try a new concept.
2. Decent screenplay that does not get us bored.
3. Simple humour sprinkled throughout the movie.
4. Few edge of the seat moments.
5. Sarcastic dialogues about today's engineering students.
6. Performance of Manobala, Sathish and a thief.
7. Bindhu madhavi was too good.

Dislikes
1. Too much of science which gives a feel of being in a class room.
2. Not big emotional appeal.
3. Unintentional comedies where a CEO and VP of a big MNC standing on the top floor of a building in a area called 'otteri' and get amazed at what Nakul does.

interz
22nd March 2015, 11:26 PM
Romba Nallavanda Nee - Saravanaa, uruppadiya varuvaana?

A Venkatesh 3rd release withing few months, all his movies released this year have one thing in common: They suck. I think in these days where distributors are being such weepers movies like these makes them cry rivers.

interz
24th March 2015, 08:41 PM
Uyyala Jampala (telugu)/with eng subs
Village based rom comedy. Very good indeed, the debute heroine Avika Gor is a fresh breathe of air, she did xcellent job.

Gopala Gopala (telugu)/ with eng subs
Remake of Oh My God (hindi) which again was a remake of The man who sued god (australian). I would love to see this movie dubbed/remade in tamil, IMO
it doesnt make fun of religions, but it points out how some people use peoples fear to earn money for their own benefit, and question the acts people do in name of god. venkatesh and pawan kalyan are very apt for the roles, venkatesh is under playing, and pawan kalyans charisma on screen works big time.

balaajee
29th March 2015, 07:20 PM
Valiyavan - PAIN

Arragesh
29th March 2015, 10:42 PM
Valiyavan - Vali avan

NOV
2nd April 2015, 07:25 PM
Nanbenda - bore fest. Without Rajesh, even Santhanam cannot save the movie.
I fell asleep in spite of Harris Jeyraj's loud music.

Russellpvs
3rd April 2015, 10:12 PM
Furious 7 - Extreme actions, but few scenes felt like Indian muvi. Dedicated to Paul Walker

Arragesh
5th April 2015, 12:29 AM
Watched JK ennum nanbanin vaazhkai today via C2H DVD
Actually I quite liked it - though some portions are overdone the concept that Cheran wants to deliver is quite interesting.
Till the time I watched the movie I don't know the fact that no one actually seen a bird dieing even other birds.

Felt a tad slow and a little wobble in screenplay here and there but watching at home made me over look that.

Thanks to Cheran we can now have cheap family get together.

Is C2H went profitable for everyone involved? Was talking with local shop keeper he said it is dull. Thought this is fantastic idea god only knows why it's not a success.

ajaybaskar
5th April 2015, 12:34 AM
C2H was not profitable but that was expected since the film didnt have any saleable name except Cheran. Also the rips were available right from the day of the DVD release while they actually claimed it to be piracy proof.

I too liked the film to some extent. But i felt there were too many deaths in the movie which really took of the impact that the director meant to create. However, credit to Cheran for making yet another 'positive' film

k_vanan
5th April 2015, 04:59 AM
Damn Fast7... High voltage action :)

Paul Walker :(

interz
5th April 2015, 05:20 PM
Nanbenda - utter crap

........ (fill in any bad words)

NOV
6th April 2015, 07:30 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/11136729_800750060016172_4182235953877113760_n.jpg ?oh=11b167c53067da87b33d5cd4821db31a&oe=55A5118A&__gda__=1438017878_f3692a34a0b08b2242b5a601f601653 2

balaajee
6th April 2015, 12:43 PM
Read a gossip in a weekly before the release of YA & KS, both had same plot...no smoke without fire...
Human Organ Trading....
But YA had it as a part of its movie.
kakki sattai had it as Major part - But this concept was served far better & interesting in Pulan Visaranai in 1990.

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
6th April 2015, 01:59 PM
Nanbenda - Nalla Illada !

balaajee
6th April 2015, 02:03 PM
Nanbenda - Nalla Illada !

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/11136729_800750060016172_4182235953877113760_n.jpg ?oh=11b167c53067da87b33d5cd4821db31a&oe=55A5118A&__gda__=1438017878_f3692a34a0b08b2242b5a601f601653 2

Nanbenda - utter crap

........ (fill in any bad words)

Nanbenda - bore fest. Without Rajesh, even Santhanam cannot save the movie.
I fell asleep in spite of Harris Jeyraj's loud music.

unanimous opinion..

Mahen
6th April 2015, 07:33 PM
Heard tammu dubbed for herself..have to watch :)

Avadi to America
6th April 2015, 09:06 PM
unanimous opinion..

Naan Kooda vidama rendu serial parthuttu irruken.... Aandal Azhagar and kalyanam muthal kathal varai...

balaajee
7th April 2015, 10:47 AM
Naan Kooda vidama rendu serial parthuttu irruken.... Aandal Azhagar and kalyanam muthal kathal varai...

its a remake of hindi serial..Ye Hai Mohabbatein

Avadi to America
7th April 2015, 08:13 PM
its a remake of hindi serial..Ye Hai Mohabbatein

really!.... i do not know this...

thala
9th April 2015, 08:09 PM
I assume it's the guy who acts as school mate of Dhanush in 3. If so, he is definitely not any kind of cinema material. Should stop with TV anchoring.

asinga pathan aatokaran

interz
15th April 2015, 06:51 PM
Govindudu Andarivadele (telugu w/ eng subs)

Neat family entertainer. A feel good movie to be enjoyed.

Murali Srinivas
16th April 2015, 06:31 PM
100 Days of Love [Malayalam]

Sort of a precursor to OK Kanmani? May or may not be as the Mani Ratnam film is yet to unfold on screen. The fact that the lead pair is the same must be evoking such thoughts though they had shared screen space together in Ustadh Hotel itself.

Though the knot in the story might not be fresh (we having seen it in Kadhal Mannan itself way back in 1998) the film keeps you interested till the end because of its treatment. The happenings over a period of 100 days time is told through a narration which at times is accentuated by means of voice over done by the protagonist himself.

The initial sequences of the accidental meeting between the lead pair that takes place on a rainy night, the old SLR camera left behind by the girl, the guy developing the negative loaded in the camera, the obscure images that come out, he unable to make anything out of the random shots of herself in hard to find places in the city, his relentless pursuit of the girl and the anti climax ending of the chase are told with humour lased on it.

Dulquer – this guy is growing in stature. He is such a natural that it is hard not to like him even for a staunch critic. He effortlessly sails through the film. Nithya Menon as the girl for whom Dulquer falls is all charm and her own voice adds to the attraction. The stout guy who comes as Dulquer’s friend is quite good.

Jenuse Mohammed the son of veteran director Kamal had made a significant directorial debut and his writing shows promise. The story completely set in Bangalore suits the milieu well.

That films like this with fresh breath of air are welcomed across states is evidenced by it’s BO success both in Kerala and here in TN. Trends are definitely changing.

Regards

mappi
17th April 2015, 06:50 PM
Kanchana is Back, Sirappu Munnottam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOi3Q_aqjt0

NOV
17th April 2015, 08:10 PM
Okay... can watch once... not as good as Kanchana 1
Horror & comedy 50% of Kanchana
Story not as convincing and impactful as Kanchana
The last 15 mins... pure waste... you can leave. 😅

Mahen
18th April 2015, 07:12 AM
Nov why Kancana first? :shock:

NOV
18th April 2015, 07:26 AM
Nov why Kancana first? :shock:why not? I loved Kanchana...!
anyway, someone booked me 2 weeks ago for this movie. :lol:

OK Kanmani this weekend.... :boo:

NOV
18th April 2015, 07:46 PM
Oh Kadhal Kanmani is a TERRIBLE film and should be avoided at all costs.
In fact it should come with a warning!

Imagine I - a seasoned man having gone through everything - feel like wanting to fall in love all over again, as I was watching the movie! ��
It's a love story like you've never seen before - everything appears fresh. Amazing acting by the leads and all supporting casts.

The first half breezes past shockingly fast. Awesome screenplay. There is humour touches everywhere and Maniratnam takes us through what appears to be clichés, with surprises.

Everyone who was, is and will be, in love - don't miss this movie.

Muni vs. Mani? Who is Muni? Hehe
Sigh..... I want to fall in love again.....

Mahen
19th April 2015, 06:35 AM
Oh Kadhal Kanmani is a TERRIBLE film and should be avoided at all costs.
In fact it should come with a warning!

Imagine I - a seasoned man having gone through everything - feel like wanting to fall in love all over again, as I was watching the movie! ��
It's a love story like you've never seen before - everything appears fresh. Amazing acting by the leads and all supporting casts.

The first half breezes past shockingly fast. Awesome screenplay. There is humour touches everywhere and Maniratnam takes us through what appears to be clichés, with surprises.

Everyone who was, is and will be, in love - don't miss this movie.

Muni vs. Mani? Who is Muni? Hehe
Sigh..... I want to fall in love again.....
:lol:..

mappi
20th April 2015, 01:07 PM
Kanchana 2 : Here Sillata Pillata song was not present. The intro of Lawrence was - watching a horror film with other kids (just after a dapper claded 'baby' Lawrence). Was this song present in the version you saw ?

But a remix version of Sillata Pillata was playing during the end title cards.

interz
20th April 2015, 04:55 PM
Sagaptham - Oh My Atheist

Usually I would review a movie after watching it, but this movie has made me speechless.

NOV
22nd April 2015, 06:12 PM
OK Kanmani vs Kanchana

https://scontent-kul.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/11182119_875396342522576_5201280454920315531_n.jpg ?oh=eb08d720bef5c5aa97c7e1c40e9b396a&oe=559C78F8

littlemaster1982
22nd April 2015, 08:09 PM
Rajathanthiram - A tamil film I really liked after a long time :thumbsup: Though I could predict few scenes, it didn't take anything away from the movie watching experience. A heist film done right in Tamil, which is a rarity. Now I regret not watching this film in theater.

mappi
23rd April 2015, 06:07 PM
(Muni 3) Kanchana 2 [2015 : Tamil : Horror (Comedy, Melodrama) : 2h30m (the version I saw)]

Written & Directed by Raghava Lawrence

Respects : Editor Kishore Te

Staring : Kovai Sarala, Raghava Lawrence, Tapsee & others

Friendly neighbourhood of ghosts

Muni 3 - Ganga [which should have been its real title] was released under the title Kanchana 2 (M3K2) by Sun Pictures, produced by Raghavendra Productions. One of the finest dance choreographers in TFI turned film makers, Raghava Lawrence, writes & directs M3K2, an all new episode in his Muni Series. M3K2 potrays a much experienced Lawrence, where the approach to his story is fasinating and gains an upgrade in humour, as well as depicting the paranomal effects. Moreover M3K2 goes old-school by using tradional thrills 'makeup-lightup-shoot-cut' to provide the needed jump scares. The story chosen by Lawrence this time is quite interesting too.

A handful of souls loiter in & around a beach house. Between shattered dreams, deception & revenge they wait in the corner for that lucky person who can give them a purpose. When the occasion arrives, they do not hesitate to take up their new identity and prepare to snatch back what once belonged to them. Our 'ghost-friendly' hero, Raghava, is appointed as a camera man to assit a shooting team lead by director Nandhini, to film a documentary in and around this beach house. Nandhini draws the attention of the wandering spirits, which inturn jumps onto Raghava. Yet again, Raghava becomes the chariot of the souls to fight againt the most cruel men still circling on the face of the earth and this time he goes a step further by destroying the Evil's 'evil-plans'.

A person like myself, who adores 'larger-than-life' reel image, 'electrifying-screen-burning' events, long dialogues that are more devastating than real punches, exploitation movie style set-up, awesome 'slo-mos' etc., M3K2 is a best dish on the card. During the climax, Mottai Shiva removes a Trisul and walks in slo-mo, dragging it towards the Evil he is fighting , all the time encircled by tiny lightenings. That's a perfect exemple on how thundering M3K2 was for me. As in its predecessors, the side-story is excellent. Muni was an helpless father watching his own daughter's creul murder, and Kanchana becomes a victim of greed, in M3K2, Ganga gains the wrath of a malevolent man. Ganga is a dynamic girl, even being physically challenged she just rolls on. Lawrence has briliantly narrated the Ganga story by not gaining sympathy but by using the weakness as a forte. And then there is Motta Shiva who enters and leaves with a mark.

Technically, the movie is briliantly shot. There is movement everywhere and in everything. Editing was crisp with some fine technics that elevates the continuity. Background score was loud, but was not disturbing either. Liked all the songs, even though could not get a chance to see opening song. Sandi Muni was awesome, a cracking opener for the Climax Fight. Viveka is very good in penning for such (genre) songs. Moda Moda is a 'funny explosive' - "ithu entertainment pei, adikathu" was received with a roar of laughter. Talking about laughter, the ACT1 & a good part of ACT2 had some fantastic humour. Kovai Sarala was at her best, no, Kovai Sarala is the best. Sriman gets trapped with a ghost in his room, rest is to be seen. A fabulous star cast including Manobala & Mayilsamy makes the entire screaming suituation screamingly funny, esp. the one where Tapsee gets scared and announces there is a Pei, you got to see the folks falling on each other - incredibly funny. Tapsee is a surprise, a satisfaction of having watched the most prettiest Ghost on screen. The Beach scene was terrific. And yes, yet another movie Rajendran stays for a 'wink-time'.

The ACT3 is where Ganga story begins, and takes a quite serious route with a huge share of bloodshed & 'Sword-Kathakallis'. The movie slowly creeps towards a Mortal Kombat between two greater Evils. Comparision is unevitable, but we have to be proud that we have a proper series up and sucessfully running. For that Muni Series gets a place in my collection. When Muni dealt more about possessed Raghava and his collaboration with Ghost, Kanchana talked about the impact of Raghava's family members over spirit possession and travels a lot with the symptoms. M3K2 takes a different route, where Raghava's purpose is triggered by Ganga through another medium. And thats why M3K2 is completely different in the series. M3K2 also gets an upgrade with number of ghosts multipled by 2. At a point of time the Ghosts occupy the entire momentum. Muni had Raj Kiran, Kanchana had Sarath Kumar and Ganga has Nithya Menon. Lawrence did not appoint anyone else for Motta Shiva and take away the charm of Ganga. Eventhough Nithya Menon did not or cannot bring the vibes sent by Raj Kiran or Sarath Kumar, but still she finds an unforgetable place in the Series.

Andam Athil Kandam Pala Kandam Athil Pindam Pala Anjaamalae Vanjam Theer
Hara Hara Hara Hara Hara

Muni 3 - Mersal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTLmBVnzEWE

interz
25th April 2015, 10:54 PM
Kanchana 2 (Muni 3)

Horror comedy started with Chandramukhi starring Rajinikanth IMO, who can forget the epic dialogue "enna kodumai saravanan?". R Lawrence re used comedy&horror in his movie and gets away with it. While Kanchana 1 was had more comedy content this movie has more horror. It has become a cliche to say 1st half is best and second half is so so, but that is the truth about this movie. 1st half had lots of comedy, edge of the seat moments and great ending, 2nd half has too many repeated scenes of ghost slapping the cast. The flashback is cruel and so 90ish, climax is not good, too much graphics ruining it all.

About performances, the females in the movies did good job: Tapsee, Nithya M, Kovai Sarala, Renuka. Tapsee fits so well as a ghost or a divine goddess character, her face is very apt for such roles. Among the males Sriman acts best followed by Jayaprakash and then Lawrence on 3rd spot. R Lawrence might have started a new trend, ghosts talking punch dialogues, that is pakka mass.

Music is loud but spooky too,for the latter part good job Thaman S. The melody song is great, well composed by Leon James (from camp Anirudh).

The movie is a emotional rollercoaster, like having midage crisis, if you can handle it watch it.

mappi
27th April 2015, 02:10 PM
Ooru Vittu Ooru Vandhu (1990), Ramarajan starrer directed by Gangai Amaran preceeds Chandramukhi. Goundamani plays an exorcist and Senthil his apprenti. When Ramarajan's wife Gauthami gets possessed by a foreign ghost, the team goes to Singapore to unearth the secrets. There, its not only the language a problem, but everything that crosses the path of our Rural Heroes.

A hillarious film with wonderful music, can watch it even now.

mappi
27th April 2015, 02:21 PM
R Lawrence re used comedy&horror in his movie and gets away with it.

Yes, but in another sense. The opening of the film is a ditto of Wes Craven's Scream where 'Stab-the Killer' gets introduced. It has nothing to do with the movie's plot.
Lawrence uses a similar set-up in Kanchana 2 and dilutes it as a dream in 'mise en abyme' style.

NOV
27th April 2015, 05:13 PM
He just remade Kanchana with the same characters, same actors, same story, same climax - and called it Kanchana 2

ajaybaskar
27th April 2015, 06:50 PM
Kanchana 2 - I dont really understand what the noise is all about. Kanchana was way better than this in terms of thrill and comedy. Like NOV said, he just remade Kanchana with few more ghost characters, gay comedy. And i sincerely hope no other director shows killing of a child on screen.

Mr.GreyShirt
27th April 2015, 07:05 PM
Kanchana 2 - I dont really understand what the noise is all about. Kanchana was way better than this in terms of thrill and comedy. Like NOV said, he just remade Kanchana with few more ghost characters, gay comedy. And i sincerely hope no other director shows killing of a child on screen.

What's wrong with showing killing of a child in a movie? Directors should be allowed to do what they want on screen.

interz
27th April 2015, 07:22 PM
Of course such scenes might not escape the cut from the censors, futhermore some ppl outside cinema world are waiting for the smallest opportunity to sue the moviemakers and help marketing the movie.

mexicomeat
1st May 2015, 09:33 PM
Rajathanthiram - A tamil film I really liked after a long time :thumbsup: Though I could predict few scenes, it didn't take anything away from the movie watching experience. A heist film done right in Tamil, which is a rarity. Now I regret not watching this film in theater.
I saw the movie trailer few months back and I was not impressed. However, after reading your review, I decided to watch the movie.

Absolutely loved it. Highly recommended!

littlemaster1982
1st May 2015, 10:39 PM
I saw the movie trailer few months back and I was not impressed. However, after reading your review, I decided to watch the movie.

Absolutely loved it. Highly recommended!
:twothumbsup: I wish more people watch this movie and the director gets his due recognition.

madhus369
2nd May 2015, 12:42 AM
Thanks for the recommendation... will watch it this weekend...

GSV
2nd May 2015, 07:44 AM
Liked all 3 guys performances.. Special note on hero's friend character with one liners and his body language.. Sema [emoji106]

ajaybaskar
2nd May 2015, 10:42 AM
I found his actions totally annoying. [emoji3] He is Darbuka Siva, an RJ

GSV
2nd May 2015, 11:48 AM
Ovvorutharukum Oru feeling ajay.. [emoji4]

ajaybaskar
2nd May 2015, 11:57 AM
Adhu unmaithaan :)

selvakumar
2nd May 2015, 07:40 PM
Thunai Muthalvar - nice time pass Bagyaraj movie. Liked it. Bagyaraj has his trademark adult only scenes here and there :lol:

interz
4th May 2015, 03:34 PM
Komban - enjoyable to a point

I doubt any one else could carry a role like this than Karthi, he was pretty convincing as the angry village man who defends his ideals and how he transforms throughout in the movie. Lakshmi menon's hit ratio is more scary than mass movie actors, I think Naan Sivappu Manithan is her only average movie. Rajkiran could sleepwalk through roles like these. Last year he acted in hit movie Manja Pai, peran thaatha sentiment movie, this year its maamanaar marumagan.

Comedy is overshadowed by sentiment in the movie, it would be more apt to call Thambi Raamaiya and Karunaas character artists than comedians in the movie.

GVPs songs are nice and hummable.

The only minus about the movie that bothers me is there is either a fight or song each 10th minute, its a burden for director who feels pressured to still use songs as fill in, I dont think songs in movies are necessary anymore, even on dvds many ppl skips songs at home.

vithagan
10th May 2015, 01:03 AM
Chennai ungalai anbudan varaverkiradhu - utter CRAP...

Chennai Ungalai Anbudan Varaverkirathu is an Amusing Movie After Nayagan – Director Bharathiraja

:banghead:

GSV
10th May 2015, 09:30 AM
^^ direction was very amateurish...
But Movie s watchable...its like true story...must appreciate director for showing how some people react to situation... he was true to the content and written happening/happened things in chennai for non-chennaites..
Padathula konjam unmai irundhuchu s what I felt..

rsubras
10th May 2015, 02:39 PM
Chennai ungalai anbudan varaverkiradhu - utter CRAP...

Chennai Ungalai Anbudan Varaverkirathu is an Amusing Movie After Nayagan – Director Bharathiraja

:banghead:

probably avar J.K.Ritheesh nadicha nayagan ah sollirupparu boss....

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
10th May 2015, 03:58 PM
:rotfl:

Nasc
11th May 2015, 12:58 PM

:rotfl2:

Cinemarasigan
11th May 2015, 01:55 PM

:lol: good one Subras

interz
11th May 2015, 04:55 PM
India-Pakistan - comedy galatta.

The movie relies heavily on comedy and succeeds. Vijay Anthony took a chance with a genre that seemed unfamiliar to him considering his previous movies, but it paid off for him to try this. Sushma Raj is very apt for this role, this is a great debute for her. The scenes with dogs and her are hilarious. After being unfunny in Sagaptham, Jagan did better in this movie, along with that boy from Golisoda, MS Baskar Pasupathy and Oorvasi (cameo appearance). I am glad the way Vijay-Shalini starrer Kathalukku Mariyathai was used and in the end making ppl respect love.

I was dissapointed about the visuals in the songs, some of them were hummable.

All in all, it was great to watch a full comedy movie which everybody can enjoy.

mappi
11th May 2015, 06:44 PM
Manobala va vittuteengaley ! Showroom comedy + Tom Cruise landing. Also Kali : Kapi Podu. Pal illaye.

Hillarious film. A lot like a C Sundar Comedy films where the entire star cast end up being funny. Kathalukku Mariyathai CD + Copy vachi last 15 minutes semaya panni irrupanga.

NOV
12th May 2015, 06:16 PM
Just finished watching Thamizhukku Enn 1-ai Azhuththavum

The movie has nothing to do with the title - basically the plot revolves around engineering.
But I like the fact that TF is moving to varied genres.

:bow: :bow: :bow:

interz
13th May 2015, 03:22 AM
Manobala va vittuteengaley ! Showroom comedy + Tom Cruise landing. Also Kali : Kapi Podu. Pal illaye.

Hillarious film. A lot like a C Sundar Comedy films where the entire star cast end up being funny. Kathalukku Mariyathai CD + Copy vachi last 15 minutes semaya panni irrupanga.

Agree. How could I miss mentioning him, he is in almost all movies these days.

The movie is carrying mixed reviews, but I think its doing good business though.

mappi
14th May 2015, 01:05 AM
Vijay Antony had the same face and same reaction with the same voice but in all the 3 films it clicked for me. The 1st 2 films it was kind of gelled with his character. And in IndPak, its kind of silently-funny, esp., during the later half of the film. His irritation at the Mall, and most importantly during the climax when Pasupathi does what should not be done and feels proud.

I think Ullathai Allitha was a late pick, and when it picked up it went unstoppable. Its been 20 years now and another film like Ullathai Allitha is difficult to come along but IndPak certainly lives up to certain level and it has got a great technical team too. When I was driving back, I was thinking how wonderful it would have been if GM was present in the cast, then settled saying that I usually ask for more.

India Pakistan - Laughter Zone

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
14th May 2015, 08:52 AM
India Pakistan - Rib Tickling :) :) :) Laughed Hell Ya.... Most funny scene - Climax Kidnap Saving Scene..... MS Bhaskar...

mexicomeat
16th May 2015, 07:04 PM
watched india pakistan. nice funny movie - espcially ms bhaskar, pasypathi and manobala performances are too good.

started watching enakkul oruvan. switched it off within 15 minutes. couldn't stand siddharth. he doesn't fit in this movie (or any movie for that matter).

easygoer
16th May 2015, 10:21 PM
Vai Raja Vai - Quite entertaining when you leave the thinking brain at home. When you start thinking and asking questions, the concept of the movie itself become illogical. The concept of casino gambling is new to the tamil audience and the movie run time of less than 2 hrs is an advantage. Vivek is really good with sharp one liners. Daniel balaji does his part really well. Gautham Karthik did not act even in a single frame. From the scene 1 till the end, irrespective of the scenes, his face expression remains the same. Priya anand has nothing to do except playing the lover of gautham. yuvan's bgm is really good after a long time.

Had Aishwarya focussed on the logical part of the script, the movie would have made an impact...

rajeshkrv
16th May 2015, 11:29 PM
Just finished watching Thamizhukku Enn 1-ai Azhuththavum

The movie has nothing to do with the title - basically the plot revolves around engineering.
But I like the fact that TF is moving to varied genres.

:bow: :bow: :bow:

yes very innovative movie after a long time and only 1 song.. very well made..

venkkiram
16th May 2015, 11:41 PM
watched india pakistan. nice funny movie - espcially ms bhaskar, pasypathi and manobala performances are too good.

started watching enakkul oruvan. switched it off within 15 minutes. couldn't stand siddharth. he doesn't fit in this movie (or any movie for that matter).

:rotfl:

balaajee
17th May 2015, 12:10 AM
புறம்போக்கு என்கிற பொதுவுடைமை - Interesting & Great effort...Kudos to Dir & team:notworthy:

A.ANAND
17th May 2015, 01:31 PM
watched porambokku yesterday...just ok for me..thelivana screnplay missing!!!alutham illa....ennathan sollavarangga puriyala..but good perfomence by vijay s n arya...but climax vijay loosa porathellam ovarubba..ennoru kodiya naubavan kartika nair..sonava kuda appadi ippadi iinu ora kannala parthiralam pola..but karthikava shabba...

mappi
17th May 2015, 02:48 PM
Purampokku Engira Podhuvudamai [2015 : Tamil : Drama (Prison, Action) : 2h45m ]
Written & directed by S. P. Jananathan

Does a fair trial necessarily amount to a fair outcome ?

An intense drama on reality about 3 men having a meeting over the table of Death. Rarely a film picks up such characters and explores it. Jananathan has convincingly narrated us his tale of justice, order & realisations. The technical aspects of the film is top notch, esp. the train sequence. Rest is pure drama, depicting the agony of individuals, various individuals. The film does not grow preachy, but it has its moments over political streams, which I will not be speaking about as it does not interest me. Just the story - the touch so sacred but quite poisonous.

The Imperator
Festina lente (Hasten slowly).
- Augustus

Mecaulay is an officier who is deadly as he is a contridiction with his self and profession. Professionaly he is a courtesan of justice and delivers what is demanded, at the same time he shows courtesy to the prisoners, infact he rates his work place as an intellectual den. This operation marks him dutiful, where he prepares himself to see through it until its end. He plans, alters plans and finally plans a plan. He is cunning, he has got the power, and he goes by the rule. Not that he walks by your side that he is a friend, but he is certainly not your enemy.

Mecaulay gets the orders to carryout the execution of a convict under his command, no excuses accepted. He secures the place holding the convict, finds the executioner, prepares the execution and waits prudently for the D-Day.

The Anarchist
Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember.
- Alan Moore (V for Vendetta)

And you spot Guy Fawkes mask beside the gang hacking the prison security system. The prison holds Bala, a furious commander of the people running a parallel government. He seems to be wondering "If the supreme court has ordered to distibute the unused grains to the poor and if I execute it, a special court declares me guilty". There, he gives a real picture of his intentions. Bala is convicted for treason and held in this jail for the next 27 days before he will be hanged to death.

Bala is fearless and fierceful. He wishes to be a martyr (It is the cause, not the death, that makes the martyr), but at the same time if opputunity allingns with his life-line, he will escape to extend his service to the common man.

The Hangman
Every guilty person is his own Hangman.
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca

The protocol dictates certain criterias to appoint the man who could execute the capital punishment. The Hangman has knowledge to this process which inturn abides the measures under which the convict is to be hanged which are set by the court of law. Yamalingam (the writer tries to say something here, catch it), is a sucessor to The Hangman legion, his father been an official exectioner. We could hear his mother saying that she had no clue about the profession of his father, another reference taken from Jerry Givens - "For many years, even his own family did not know the truth about his job."

Yamalingam suffers from 'post-traumatic-whatever', after he had witnessed/carried out an execution. He is an alcoholic and just refuses to carry out the job. There are very few films that talk about the state of The Hangman. Another wonderful (Art-House) film (you can watch it if you are interested) is 'The Hangman' starring Om Puri.

The Execution
The fear o' hell's a hangman's whip to haud the wretch in order;
But where ye feel your honor grip, let that aye be your border.
- Robert Burns

The stage is set. Three men, unknown to each other are spun together now. The dice of life have stoped rolling. The numbers will deceide their actions. Tricked, Yamalingam waits to pull the lever, knowing well that the convict will not meet death by his hands. Setter, Mecaulay waits to see the dominos fall. Convicted, Bala awaits redemption. Caught between them is Kuyil, an assosiate of Bala, who master-plans and organises the escape of Bala.

Tik toc tik toc.

Purampokku Engira Podhuvudamai - 'Triple'-dealing

balaajee
19th May 2015, 12:00 PM
சென்னை பாக்ஸ் ஆபிஸ் - முதலிடத்தில் புறம்போக்கு என்னும் பொதுவுடமை

http://media.webdunia.com/_media/ta/img/article/2015-05/18/full/1431957636-3977.jpg

சென்ற வாரம் வெளியான இப்படம் முதல் மூன்று தினங்களில் 69.70 லட்சங்களை வசூலித்து முதலிடத்தை பிடித்துள்ளது.

A.ANAND
19th May 2015, 02:29 PM
JAI HO A FILM ON A R RAHMAN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skqcVDd3c2k#t=67

isayin eega iraivan...

mexicomeat
23rd May 2015, 07:04 AM
watched ok kanmani last night.

wife and kids felt bored and walked out within 30 minutes. Depsite prakash raj's excellent acting and ARR's awesome music, I was struggling to sit and watch the full movie.

I could easily name at least a dozen movies released in the last 12 months that were much better than this movie. highly over rated.

as far the heroine, well... she is short, fat, has a beer tummy and has caterpillar eyebrows.... she could give tulsi nair a stiff competition for the ugliest heroine in the industry.

Mahen
23rd May 2015, 09:04 AM
shes fat..yes..but shes not ugly..shes sweet looking..much better than lakshmi menon, karthika etc

uruzalari
23rd May 2015, 11:00 AM
Demonte Colony - Arulnithi's interesting choices continue. Run time of less than 2 hours and pretty engaging. No commercial compulsions. No heroine infact!!! The film did not scare me much. Technically well made and crisp film.

NOV
23rd May 2015, 05:40 PM
Go here for discussion on 16 Vayathinile

http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?11443-16-Vayathinile

ajaybaskar
23rd May 2015, 06:02 PM
Vai Raja Vai

Not bad as expected but plenty of loop holes throughout. Its kinda funny to see the hero being able to predict future as if he has an on/off switch to the ESP.

venkkiram
24th May 2015, 09:50 AM
Go here for discussion on 16 Vayathinile

http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?11443-16-Vayathinile

Why you restricted "16 Vayathinile" movie discussions into songs? The reason I posted here initially wads to see how others write about 16 vayathinile as a movie comparing the opinions of Gopal. Just because someone diverted the topic to songs, the whole posts need not be hijacked to IR section. The music is the biggest asset of 16 Vayathinile. But still, there are lot of more aspects one can praise about that movie. That's the point.

Karikalen
25th May 2015, 05:07 AM
Movie about the life of a Sri Lankan Tamil warrior 'Dheepan' wins at Cannes.

http://deadline.com/2015/05/cannes-film-festival-winners-2015-palme-dor-live-1201432319/#

Karikalen
25th May 2015, 05:19 AM
The review of Dheepan by the Independent in London

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/reviews/dheepan-film-review-palme-dor-goes-to-radical-and-astonishing-film-that-turns-conventional-thinking-about-immigrants-on-its-head-10273801.html

Karikalen
25th May 2015, 05:33 AM
At least at Cannes you get to see a dark skinned Indian beauty: the female lead of Dheepan

http://www.highheelconfidential.com/kalieswari-sreenivasan-at-dheepan-screening-photocall-at-cannes-2015/

VinodKumar's
25th May 2015, 11:19 AM
India Pakistan - Good time pass comedy movie. Though Vijay Antony's acting was a let down I could't imagine any other hero in this movie (Yena padathula comedy thavira onnumae illa ;) ).

M S Baskar, Pasupathy and Manobala were good. As usual Jagan was irritating with his high pitch voice in the name of comedy.

Mr.GreyShirt
25th May 2015, 05:10 PM
Vai Raja Vai - Aishwarya can come up with interesting concepts but when it comes to executing it she fails miserably.

NOV
25th May 2015, 06:21 PM
Demonte Colony
Yet another horror film
It's getting more and more difficult to scare people.
Only consider if you are seriously into horror movies.

Mr.GreyShirt
25th May 2015, 07:44 PM
Demonte Colony
Yet another horror film
It's getting more and more difficult to scare people.
Only consider if you are seriously into horror movies.

Is there even a good horror movie in Tamil cinema? I a a person who avoids any horror movies because they frighten me but I have watched almost all tamil horror films and none even came close to make me shiver.

NOV
25th May 2015, 08:20 PM
watched almost all tamil horror films and none even came close to make me shiver.Kanchana was more scary for me than the conjuring :frightened: :frightened: :frightened:

ajaybaskar
25th May 2015, 11:39 PM
DeMonte Colony

Finally one intelligent horror film after 13B. The real film starts only 10 minutes before interval and from there on, it was one hell of a ride. The first 40 minutes was just a 'கோடிட்ட இடத்தை நிரப்புக'. Credit to Ajay Gnanamuthu for making a film which is an answer to films like 4Bia or Oculus and to Arulnidhi for selecting different scripts unlike his cousin Udhayanidhi

On the downside, the score was kinda noisy.

It is not that kind of film which will chill your spine by showing a haunted house with free roaming spirits inside but one which can infuse a fear in you when ur at your own house.

VinodKumar's
26th May 2015, 10:06 AM
Kanchana was more scary for me than the conjuring :frightened: :frightened: :frightened:

Was Kanchana scary ? :shock:. I watch Kanchana (Muni 2) once in a while for the comedies (kovail sarala and Lawerence) in the movie. It never scared me.

ajaybaskar
28th May 2015, 10:27 PM
Masss

Lower your expectations or dont have any...

Srimannarayanan
28th May 2015, 11:19 PM
Masss

Lower your expectations or dont have any...

Is Mass better than Anjaan?

ajaybaskar
28th May 2015, 11:26 PM
I would rate Anjaan better. Here the plot was decent but the execution was so amateurish and was not gripping. You can guess most of the so called twists. Positives: Nayan and Yuvan's bgm.

Srimannarayanan
29th May 2015, 12:20 AM
I would rate Anjaan better. Here the plot was decent but the execution was so amateurish and was not gripping. You can guess most of the so called twists. Positives: Nayan and Yuvan's bgm.

Thanks Ajay

k_vanan
29th May 2015, 06:05 AM

So another flop for Surya & VP :thumbsup: :)

Adaki vaasingguda :lol2:

NOV
29th May 2015, 07:22 AM
Not so fast Saravanan.... three of my friends saw it last night and all three said they enjoyed the movie.

You cannot decide based on the opinion of a natural-born suriya hater. :p

k_vanan
29th May 2015, 08:24 AM
Not so fast Saravanan.... three of my friends saw it last night and all three said they enjoyed the movie.

You cannot decide based on the opinion of a natural-born suriya hater. :p :rotfl:

k_vanan
29th May 2015, 08:49 AM
Normally fair review from Ajay.. always follows NOV, Mahen, Interz, Moviebuff, Ajay & Mappi genuine feedback/review here :)

NOV
29th May 2015, 09:36 AM
I have my doubts when it comes to suriya... otherwise he is dependable. ;)

ajaybaskar
29th May 2015, 09:53 AM
You cannot decide based on the opinion of a natural-born suriya hater. :p

[emoji23] This is too much. If I were to diss this film just because I don't like Suriya, I wouldn't have praised Anjaan (Not here but in Anjaan thread a few days after its release). I found that film decent

And Vanan, I guess VP has targeted kids this time, may be because it is vacation time. It didn't work out for me as I am a fully grown adult now. [emoji6]