PDA

View Full Version : Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

balaajee
8th October 2014, 05:55 PM
Jeeva would have been good ...
he took YAAN over Madras.....

ecureuhapis
8th October 2014, 07:04 PM
sarabham - worstu hero naren is miscast (can't here clearly what he says most of the times). ok thriller but very predictable
thegidi - good, very pacy screenplay. worstu heroine
arima nambi - ok, film picks up pace after initial date and never drops. worst climax

HonestRaj
8th October 2014, 09:04 PM
kadhai thiraikathai vasanam iyakkam
- parthiban has put a lot of thinking in each scenes :clap:
- dialogues are very good & has parthiban's touch all over
- Thambi Ramayya.. probably the first film i feel good in watching him
- heroine reminds a lot of nayanthara

hattori_hanzo
8th October 2014, 11:48 PM
sarabham - worstu hero naren is miscast (can't here clearly what he says most of the times). ok thriller but very predictable
thegidi - good, very pacy screenplay. worstu heroine
arima nambi - ok, film picks up pace after initial date and never drops. worst climax

+1 for bolded part

Cinefan
9th October 2014, 01:43 PM
Nee Thaane En Pon vasantham : IMO,Gautham's most real love story.I only knew that the plot involved the lead pair breaking up and getting back over three different stages of their life.Had no idea how it ended and knew it tanked at the BO and got a lot of flak.

Made no difference to me as the film was engaging and in the end I was pushing both to get together.

Music was fantastic and though it been a couple of months since I saw the film(on Jaya TV,Aug 16th),Muthal Murai esp has refused to get out of my head.

Samantha was gorgeous esp in the school episode.Lovely voice dubbed for her.Who is it ??

Jeeva was slightly underwhelming,strongly feel Nani would have done a better job in the telugu version.

Saivam : Last week on Star Vijay.Lovely little film.Again very real and got me involved right away.All round good performances and the children,thankfully came across as children and not 'Gyan' spewing,irritating adults.

Thegidi : Last week on Star Vijay.Very impressive esp with the actors.Ashok Selvan,his friend particularly were very natural.Am sure,these guys are trained well.Liked the heroine too esp her big eyes :) The way it ended,Part 2 on the cards,I would be interested

Aadhalal Kadhal Saiveer : Last week on Star Vijay. The climax is the film.Am sure any teenage couple going around will think 1000 times before crossing the line if they have seen the film.Again the director created a very real ambience and succeeded in giving the impression that the events are happening in real time.

Only gripe is that,it would have been better if the film had started with the premise that the lead pair are already going around keeping the friends/family in the dark.The way they got together was too quick and unconvincing.

Also,the guy who played the lead looked very awkward on screen,some body trained would have looked better.

Avadi to America
9th October 2014, 07:10 PM
Nee Thaane En Pon vasantham : IMO,Gautham's most real love story.I only knew that the plot involved the lead pair breaking up and getting back over three different stages of their life.Had no idea how it ended and knew it tanked at the BO and got a lot of flak.

Made no difference to me as the film was engaging and in the end I was pushing both to get together.

Music was fantastic and though it been a couple of months since I saw the film(on Jaya TV,Aug 16th),Muthal Murai esp has refused to get out of my head.

Samantha was gorgeous esp in the school episode.Lovely voice dubbed for her.Who is it ??

Jeeva was slightly underwhelming,strongly feel Nani would have done a better job in the telugu version.

Saivam : Last week on Star Vijay.Lovely little film.Again very real and got me involved right away.All round good performances and the children,thankfully came across as children and not 'Gyan' spewing,irritating adults.

Thegidi : Last week on Star Vijay.Very impressive esp with the actors.Ashok Selvan,his friend particularly were very natural.Am sure,these guys are trained well.Liked the heroine too esp her big eyes :) The way it ended,Part 2 on the cards,I would be interested

Aadhalal Kadhal Saiveer : Last week on Star Vijay. The climax is the film.Am sure any teenage couple going around will think 1000 times before crossing the line if they have seen the film.Again the director created a very real ambience and succeeded in giving the impression that the events are happening in real time.

Only gripe is that,it would have been better if the film had started with the premise that the lead pair are already going around keeping the friends/family in the dark.The way they got together was too quick and unconvincing.

Also,the guy who played the lead looked very awkward on screen,some body trained would have looked better.

Thegidi has all ingredients to be subtle and intelligent thriller.... Ashok selvan role of private detective can be used in the future films to make sequels.... i am happy that small budget unknown movies are doing good comparing big budget craps. I still keep listening the songs.... Title song clearly exhibits the genre of the movie.....

hattori_hanzo
9th October 2014, 11:05 PM
DELETED SCENES FROM JIGARTHANDA and SATHURANGA VETTAI

Sidharth's voice and acting looks better in these scenes (Facebook like potten :rotfl2:)
Never knew Ambika dubs for herself. I thought her Tamil is as bad as her sister's.
Wonder why these scenes are removed. Maybe to reduce the number of smoking scenes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYPk2CsaG68
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KRWYgQyDlA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc-qUcULdsI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcOQuNXTuuQ

k_vanan
10th October 2014, 07:41 AM
kadhai thiraikathai vasanam iyakkam
- parthiban has put a lot of thinking in each scenes :clap:
- dialogues are very good & has parthiban's touch all over
- Thambi Ramayya.. probably the first film i feel good in watching him
- heroine reminds a lot of nayanthara

Parthian dialogue & all the new star cast the best. I will rate one of the best movie in 2014 so far :)

HonestRaj
10th October 2014, 10:29 PM
sigaram thodu
- i liked it..
- vikram prabhu gets one more decent script in action genre
- karate villain .. shihan hussaini kaalathu technique.. more recently mugamoodi naren
- comedy by sathish & erode mahesh.. okay..
- overall a neatly scripted action film

HonestRaj
10th October 2014, 10:43 PM

samantha .. own voice... dubbed herself

very realistic love story.. namakku experience illai.. irundhalum andha feel tharudhu..

naan Ilaiyaraaja rasigan.. adhan pidikkudhunu solren appadine Vinnai thandi varuvaya fans solluvanga.. adhukku onnum panna mudiyadhu

HonestRaj
10th October 2014, 10:44 PM
Aadhalal Kadhal Saiveer : Last week on Star Vijay. The climax is the film.Am sure any teenage couple going around will think 1000 times before crossing the line if they have seen the film.

ippa ellam pasangalum ponnungalum pala adukku protection'odathan kalam kaangirargal..

interz
10th October 2014, 11:16 PM
Aranmanai - nothing new yet worth watching

If the intension was to make u laugh throughout the movie it works, even the horror scenes are very comical. Very good comeback for Santhanam in the movie, esp the headbanging scene was hilarious. Hansika has some scoop in the movie, so did Andrea her face is just perfect in horror movies. Lakshmi Rai was mainly in the movie for the glamour part, whish was like in milliseconds, so wasted. Vinay can smile all the way to the bank, without delivering noteworthy performance. Sundar C. literally steals the show after his entry, he is here there and everywhere, glad he wasnt in the flashback too. Kovai Sarala, Manobala, that little scary girl, etc. good job.

Major minus are the songs and BGM, and graphics. Esp graphics in climax romba sothappifying.

Sundar C's is just better as director (hattrick hits: Kalakalappu, Theeya Velai Seyyanum kumaru & Aranmanai) than actor.

mappi
10th October 2014, 11:31 PM
Burma [(2014 : Tamil : 1h40m : Crime (Comedy, Thriller)]
Written & Directed by Dharanidharan
Music by Sudharshan M Kumar

Banner : Square Stone Films

Starring : Michael & Reshmi, Sampath & Atul extended cameos, & others

Paramanandan (Or Parma or Burma) is not only a car theif, but an excellent con artist too, who just woos the cars to follow him. His love interest joins him, well, as the trend demands - young Indian couples living together without obtaining a social license. Seth, Burma's employer, gives him a lifetime job, to highjack 28 cars. The 28th car theft gets interesting for us, but for Burma, it becomes a headache, where the stealing part is just like taking away a candy from a kid but the secrets the car holds becomes a nightmare for him. Adding Freedy's claws to this nightmare, is when it gets stolen from him while on his way to the depository. Everyone involved with 'this car' wants to get it back badly, putting Burma as a puppet in this uncontrolable suituation where he has to race with time and speed up to recover the car, else lose everything in his posession.

Burma-the film, is solid in its artistic naration and flow of events, where the twists are not a surprise element but a part of the play itself. The proceedings are so crooked, just like the lanes, that it crosses with so many intervened characters, which at first are very scattered, but turns out to be the beads joint in the same wire. If you allow yourself to note closely, each character is like an automobile on a highway, advancing towards its destination. When their paths cross, the highway becomes a hellway. Its not about speed, but skill is what Dharanidharan wishes to convey thru his fabulous story telling technic.

The thefts are quite cunning which sprinkles the needed satire. Loved the way how the 27 car thefts were rapidly shown, accompanied by an excellent BGM called Seizing Mania. It was like viewing a family album. Performence wise, the task was not so simple, but each one managed to do their part right, some new mannerisms and dialogues do make each character impressive. And here is yet another heroine, Reshmi, who goes into my list to look out for. The potrayal of the villan (well the evil amoung the bad) was interesting, the needed darkness to the tale, with a top notch violin BGM intro. Anyone know who this artist Kani Kasruti is, please ? Sampath, the only known face apart from Atul Kulkarni, both doing an extended cameos, breeze through with their elegence. Especially how Sampath mocks at Burma when he comes to seek his aide (well something in that context). He gets a song too, which was quite funny.

For a newbie MD, Sudharshan, it is indeed a flashy job. Use of Electro-Techno sounds for a story with machinery as a theme was brilliant. Hats off Sudharshan. He has sucessfully given different flavours throughout the movie. Add in all the characters being negative, he has sucessfully supported each suituation with variety. The climax BGM and its positioning (again Seizing Mania) had put a broad smile on my face. Also the theme "Kings of Garage" made me whistle "Thala Pola Varuma". A catchy tune following the whole episode of the car theft at the parking lot of a cinema hall - the discussion of the bosses, misunderstanding, theft and Sampath becoming the prey of the suituation - was very well done. The needed humour was excellently brought out.

A spl mention to the deco which mingles perfectly with the scenes. The colorful costumes are an added plus to set in the right mood. Cinematography by Yuva is bright, like the head lights, searching and not missing to capture every detail. Dialouges were good too. Editing gives the needed adrenaline pumping.

Talking about everyone being bad in this movie, I consider it as an bold attempt. I think even Mankatha or Soodhu Kavum had atleast one positive character each. Here, its all about bad people in worst (unimaginable) suituations. But the film gets well into these kind of experimental genres. Hats off Dharanidharan for accepting it as a challenge and coming out colorfully, just like the film.

Burma - Cocktail of Chaos

mappi
10th October 2014, 11:41 PM
Aranmanai

he is here there and everywhere, glad he wasnt in the flashback too.

That was funny (LoL)

k_vanan
11th October 2014, 06:50 AM
Good to read your review mappi :clap: unggal sevai thodaranum :)

interz
12th October 2014, 07:27 PM
Thirumathi Thamizh - thirai kaaviyam

Nayagan Rajakumaran, intha thiraipadathil nadicha nadippukku oscar award pathathu. Muthal kaatchiyilurintha iruthi kaatchi varai narambu thudikkum varai nadithirukkar. Ippadathil avar MGR, Rajini compare panni kaattuvathil therigirathu avar nadippu thiramai. Kaathal kaatchigalil pengalin manathai kollai adikkum Rajakumaran, raathirigalil pengal thoonga vidaamal thollai seivaar. Devayani intha thirai padam eduthu release panni kuvitha vasoolai vaithu Dubaiyil veedu kattuvathaaga thagaval kidaithathu, arumai arumai. Intha padathil iru avatharam eduthu Devayani, vakkeela vanthu pesum vasanangal, Kalaignar ezhuthum ellarukkum puriyura kavithaigal pola kaathukkul inithathu. Keerthi Chawla, than thirai payanathil utcham ethuvendral Thirumathi Thamizh endru kooruvathil oru thavarum illai. Vendram endru vilagiyavarai thurathi thurathi kaathalippathu thamil cinemavil ithu varan naan paarka villai.

Comedy endraal siruppu mattum alla sindhikka vaikkavaum seyyum endru utharanamaa varum kaatchigal ellam arumai. Ramesh Kanna, Prithuviraj, Malaysia Vasudevan, Madhan bob, Chittu Babu, Fathima Babu mattum pala nadigarlukku intha thirai padathil naditha thirupthi veru oru padathil kidaikkaathu endru kattayama sollalaam.

SA Rajkumar sontha kuralil paadiya paadalgal migha eruma.... arumai. Radio stations Thirumathi Thamizh paadalgal podamal indru moodiyathaaga thagaval arinthaen.

Kattaya Kalyanathai nirutha amaitha intha padam, Rajakumaran & Devayani engayo kondu poi vittathu, endru iruthiyaaga solla virumbugiraen.

Anban
13th October 2014, 11:45 AM
Thirumathi Thamizh - thirai kaaviyam

Nayagan Rajakumaran, intha thiraipadathil nadicha nadippukku oscar award pathathu. Muthal kaatchiyilurintha iruthi kaatchi varai narambu thudikkum varai nadithirukkar. Ippadathil avar MGR, Rajini compare panni kaattuvathil therigirathu avar nadippu thiramai. Kaathal kaatchigalil pengalin manathai kollai adikkum Rajakumaran, raathirigalil pengal thoonga vidaamal thollai seivaar. Devayani intha thirai padam eduthu release panni kuvitha vasoolai vaithu Dubaiyil veedu kattuvathaaga thagaval kidaithathu, arumai arumai. Intha padathil iru avatharam eduthu Devayani, vakkeela vanthu pesum vasanangal, Kalaignar ezhuthum ellarukkum puriyura kavithaigal pola kaathukkul inithathu. Keerthi Chawla, than thirai payanathil utcham ethuvendral Thirumathi Thamizh endru kooruvathil oru thavarum illai. Vendram endru vilagiyavarai thurathi thurathi kaathalippathu thamil cinemavil ithu varan naan paarka villai.

Comedy endraal siruppu mattum alla sindhikka vaikkavaum seyyum endru utharanamaa varum kaatchigal ellam arumai. Ramesh Kanna, Prithuviraj, Malaysia Vasudevan, Madhan bob, Chittu Babu, Fathima Babu mattum pala nadigarlukku intha thirai padathil naditha thirupthi veru oru padathil kidaikkaathu endru kattayama sollalaam.

SA Rajkumar sontha kuralil paadiya paadalgal migha eruma.... arumai. Radio stations Thirumathi Thamizh paadalgal podamal indru moodiyathaaga thagaval arinthaen.

Kattaya Kalyanathai nirutha amaitha intha padam, Rajakumaran & Devayani engayo kondu poi vittathu, endru iruthiyaaga solla virumbugiraen. eppaa raasa, unnoda porumaikki alavillaiyaa ?? enge paa intha padatha paatha ?

JamesFague
13th October 2014, 12:07 PM
Enga partha Enna. Ivarkku oru kovile katta vendiyathu than.

VinodKumar's
13th October 2014, 01:13 PM
Muthal kaatchiyilurintha iruthi kaatchi varai narambu thudikkum varai nadithirukkar.

Interz, aarambitchutomgaradhukaaga ellathaiyum mudikanumngara avasiyam illa. Sila edathula aarambamae mudiva irukaradhu thaan manasukkum udalukkum nalladhu.

Siv.S
13th October 2014, 01:49 PM
ippa ellam pasangalum ponnungalum pala adukku protection'odathan kalam kaangirargal..
Bengaluru life-aa? :lol2:

interz
13th October 2014, 02:55 PM
Saw Thirumathi Thamiz online. I like to watch all kinds of movies, not just big star movies. Its our individual taste. Lets be different.

VinodKumar's
13th October 2014, 03:06 PM
Interz, It was just for fun. No offense on your taste.

balaajee
13th October 2014, 03:28 PM
3 movies with same Story, Treatment....with in a year...

Unnodu Oru Naal - 2013
ner ethir - 2014
Kabadam - 2014

Do any foreign movie inspired them?? Do share if anyone aware....

ajaybaskar
13th October 2014, 05:14 PM
Yes. A film called 'Across the hall'

mexicomeat
13th October 2014, 05:20 PM
Saw Thirumathi Thamiz online. I like to watch all kinds of movies, not just big star movies. Its our individual taste. Lets be different.
Me and my friends watched "thai thangai paasam" first day first show - unforgettable experience. semma comedy.

balaajee
13th October 2014, 05:48 PM
Thanks for the replay
Thanks for the reply

Anban
13th October 2014, 06:56 PM
absolutely no offence on your taste .. IMHO, you have been the most consistent hubber ever ... your kolgai is rock solid and dependable.
this movie didnt get a theatrical release actually.. Rajakumaran did paste posters and celebrate some 100 days function, but not even a show anywhere.. thats why i was surprised ..

ajaybaskar
13th October 2014, 07:11 PM
அந்தப் படத்தோட நூறாவது நாள் விழாவில்தான் ஒரே மாலையை வாங்கி எல்லா சிறப்பு விருந்தினர்களுக்கும் ராஜகுமாரன் போட்டார். பாவம் பட்ஜெட்ல ரொம்ப பெரிய துண்டு விழுந்திருச்சு போல.

paranitharan
13th October 2014, 07:27 PM
samantha .. own voice... dubbed herself

very realistic love story.. namakku experience illai.. irundhalum andha feel tharudhu..

naan Ilaiyaraaja rasigan.. adhan pidikkudhunu solren appadine Vinnai thandi varuvaya fans solluvanga.. adhukku onnum panna mudiyadhu

poruthaar boomi aazhwar. yes solla vaikkira varaikkum thaan nalla povum, appuram than experience aavurathu

Seen it only a week before and I liked it more than VTV despite Jeeva's presence.

HonestRaj
15th October 2014, 01:03 AM
Bengaluru life-aa? :lol2:

namakku yedhuyya life-u..
ippa varra pasangalai sonnen

selvakumar
15th October 2014, 06:01 AM
Nee varuvai ena - despite above ordinary dialogues, Thala lifts the scenes with his charm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NOV
15th October 2014, 07:57 AM
paataali - sarath kumar is having very high fever. his medicine gets washed away. so deivanai offers herself and becomes pregnant.

:rotfl: fever irundhaa idhellaam nadakkumaa? :rotfl: KS Ravikumar :rotfl:

VinodKumar's
15th October 2014, 08:01 AM
kulir kaaichaal..

ajaybaskar
15th October 2014, 09:02 AM
This is one thing I have watched in many tamil films. Like cancer oru kodiya vyathi thing.

NOV
15th October 2014, 09:15 AM
Something similar in Sivakamiyin Selvan but more sensible. Vanisri will get wet in the rain and will be shivering in the snow. Sivaji will embrace her to share body warmth.
At least not illogical.
I too have seen friends getting wet, but it never happened in my life. :)

VinodKumar's
15th October 2014, 10:34 AM
In Priyamanavalae also .. Simran Vijay-ku appdi thaan kaichala guna paduthuvaanga :noteeth: ...

And that vengayam vacha kaaichal varum ... kaichalayae gilu gilupuku use pannadhu namma oor kaarangala thaan irrukum ;).

hattori_hanzo
15th October 2014, 10:40 AM
Kaichal leads to kattipudi in Aayirathil Oruvan (2010) too.

balaajee
15th October 2014, 11:30 AM
paataali - sarath kumar is having very high fever. his medicine gets washed away. so deivanai offers herself and becomes pregnant.

:rotfl: fever irundhaa idhellaam nadakkumaa? :rotfl: KS Ravikumar :rotfl:
Immunity is increased by sex...

mexicomeat
15th October 2014, 02:09 PM
a similar scene appeared in Shoba chandrasekhar's innisai mazhai movie as well.

the scene is followed by a song with the following lyrics

male: adi netriravu nadanthathu inna nee arivaayo..
female: indha poo charathil then eduthaai nee marandhaayo..

VinodKumar's
15th October 2014, 02:43 PM
a similar scene appeared in Shoba chandrasekhar's innisai mazhai movie as well.

the scene is followed by a song with the following lyrics

male: adi netriravu nadanthathu inna nee arivaayo..
female: indha poo charathil then eduthaai nee marandhaayo..

:rotfl: ...

Murali Srinivas
15th October 2014, 07:07 PM
Something similar in Sivakamiyin Selvan but more sensible. Vanisri will get wet in the rain and will be shivering in the snow. Sivaji will embrace her to share body warmth.
At least not illogical.
I too have seen friends getting wet, but it never happened in my life. :)

Dear NOV,

It is not Sivakamiyin Selvan. The scene what you are quoting is from Utthaman which was again a remake of Hindi "Aa Gale Lag Jaa".

Regards

NOV
15th October 2014, 07:22 PM
Thanks Murali.
Chinna confusion with ethanai azhagu song. :)

ajaybaskar
15th October 2014, 07:37 PM
Two encyclopedias conversing

NOV
15th October 2014, 07:38 PM
That's an insult to Murali. :(

interz
16th October 2014, 12:08 AM
1 Nenokaddine (with eng subs)
- The best movie by Mahesh Babu. It was presented in a different way than usual. Thrilling and mysterious from beginning till end. Its just a pity this movie didnt do well in box office, when a guy finally tries something different than the usual commercial flick.

Prema Katha Chitram (with eng subs)
- Hilarious movie. Another horror comedy (mostly comedy) Nanditha is so perfect for the role, she should have acted in tamil (Darling, upcoming movie with GVP) too. Its a pity the songs are ruining these kind of movies.

selvakumar
17th October 2014, 05:08 AM
Indru Poi Naalai Vaa - the BGM in the climax when Bagyaraj enters the house with all shopping materials and looks at Radhika is amazing.

k_vanan
19th October 2014, 06:37 PM
Watch few movie last 2 month.... here the list which impress me :)

Best : KAthai Tiraikathai Vasanam Direction & Burma
Entertaining: VIP & Araamanai
Average: Jigarthanda & madras
Overhype/below average : Jeeva
Worst: Rummy

HonestRaj
19th October 2014, 09:36 PM
Aranmanai
- comedy saves
- santhanam rocks
- more like a telugu dubbing & unimaginable level of amateur graphics

HonestRaj
19th October 2014, 09:42 PM
Only one thing made me want for more. Manobala as the Mapillai of the Aranmanai. His episodes were quite funny, but very short. They should have thought about including more incidents with him, rather than a song sequence for Santhanam. When Vinay is taken to the hospital, Manobala offer his share of help by proposing to bring in a 'Mattu-Vandi'. That made me laugh quite uncontrollably.

:lol:

i too laughed for most of comedy scenes..
burma bommai - kovai sarala..

HonestRaj
21st October 2014, 08:15 PM
Madras
- liked it
- interesting.. but, few twists are predictable
- Karthi does well... somehow i could not think anyone else for his role.. Dhanush, Jeeva or anyone..

uruzalari
22nd October 2014, 08:18 PM
Poojai - :banghead:

Mahen
22nd October 2014, 09:00 PM
Kathi..liked it..a message laden film just like ramana..chop off samantha and the songs, movie would have rocked..Vijay did well and thanfully no over the top acting...

balaajee
22nd October 2014, 09:08 PM
Kathi..liked it..a message laden film just like ramana..chop off samantha and the songs, movie would have rocked..Vijay did well and thanfully no over the top acting...

Your (re)view is perfect from visvaroopam - kathi...

pavalamani pragasam
25th October 2014, 12:53 PM
Watched CD of aranmanai day before yesterday. Least impressed! So so. Artificial throughout-setting and all. Not convincing.
Watched CD of sikaram thodu today. Simply superb. A healthy, entertaining fare. Loooooong since I watched a good movie like this. For long I had been listening to the songs in fm radio with satisfaction. My children were right in telling me I shall like this movie.

HonestRaj
25th October 2014, 01:15 PM
salim
- okay for one time watching
- nothing interesting for repeat view

interz
26th October 2014, 02:00 AM
Poojai - Saamy, still best

Usual Hari fare, Villain is so weak portrayed, it gets uninteresting. Everything works in favour of hero throughout the movie. Between the fights comedy are supposed to make u laugh, but all the time jokes fall flat. I said Vishals physique was apt for action movies in another review, which is verified again here. In the movie he fights more than he talks. Shruthi has been very glamourous in telugu, but she has no scope acting in the movie, she is following the hero around like a little puppy. Whole movie looks more telugu than tamil. Large family, 30-50 baddies in each fights, they got beaten up so much, some landed in kerala state, more songs in foreign nations than in India. Not the worst movie this year, but below average.

Advice, buy and use ear plugs while watching the movie.

pavalamani pragasam
26th October 2014, 03:54 PM
Watched CD of kaththi. Not being a Vijay fan and after reading TOI review(found out later how biased it was!) started watching the movie with not much interest. But was pleasantly surprised to find the movie simply superb! The speech at the press meet was awesome! More of such movies might check the growing evils in the country.

HonestRaj
26th October 2014, 04:39 PM
Amarakaaviyam
- after watching the film i googled to find more about this.. does anyone know more about the real happening of this story?
- story happens in ooty - 1988 .. 25 yrs ago.. wiki says it is based on "based on a real life incident of Ranson Frank from Chennai"
- scene setting, cinematography, background.. beautiful.. reason: directed by cinematographer.. Jeeva Shankar, assistant to late Jeeva
- since it is set in 1988.. some IR songs in background & hero is shown as kamal fan & "sathya" film has some effect on him (using ring in hand & beating couple of boys)
- director tried something like Panneer puspangal..
- instead of a beautiful love story, it turned out to be story about love trauma

- hero reminds me Arya in some scenes where he just stands like a wood.. from wiki: he is Arya's brother
- heroine.. too old for a 12th std girl's role.. nevertheless, she is beautiful.. kerala soil.. Mia George :)

http://photos.filmibeat.com/ph-big/2014/07/amara-kaaviyam_140429981280.jpg

VinodKumar's
26th October 2014, 04:43 PM
Pavalamani, why CD ?

Siv.S
26th October 2014, 05:47 PM
Poriyalan - Watchable.. better thriller than Udhayam NH... another civil engineer movie with more realistic narration than VIP, manimaaran is from Vetrimaaran camp..
i remember watching Vetrimaaran introducing all his associate directors in the stage of Aadukalam success celebration.. all of them directed movies. Naan rajava Pogiren, Udhayam Nh4, Ethirneechal ( Velraj was the cameraman for all ) one more guy but forgot the movie name... no one succeeded like velraj ( Except Ethirneechal to some extend) i consider him also from Vetrimaaran camp ;)

pavalamani pragasam
26th October 2014, 10:13 PM
Pavalamani, why CD ?

Actually not CD, rather downloaded from the net by my children. We prefer to pack as much fun as we can when family members meet for short periods in the place of any one of us. Can't afford to waste precious time visiting theatres; we can do many activities in the hall simultaneously. Viewing the movie in the theatre may reward the cine industry with income- somehow not feeling guilty enough to rob already very rich cine people of a few bucks!!!

pavalamani pragasam
26th October 2014, 10:20 PM
My movie-watching spree continues: watched poojai in the afternoon. It was too lengthy with an overdose of adithadi fitting Vishal's bill. A crowd of actors and intricate plot were a confusing for me. To be fair the movie is neither commendable nor condemnable. Soori's comedy was ok.
Next movie shortlisted by our kids for our viewing was thekidi. A real, good, brainy thriller liked by me.

rachel
27th October 2014, 05:59 AM
Actually not CD, rather downloaded from the net by my children. We prefer to pack as much fun as we can when family members meet for short periods in the place of any one of us. Can't afford to waste precious time visiting theatres; we can do many activities in the hall simultaneously. Viewing the movie in the theatre may reward the cine industry with income- somehow not feeling guilty enough to rob already very rich cine people of a few bucks!!!

good reply pavalamani akka :thumbsup:

some vijay fans are getting annoyed because i watched 'kaththi' online.

they should know all profits from 'kaththi' go into the pockets of LYCA. rich people getting more rich.....our fans encouraging it...missing the whole point of the film's message in the process..........

it would be a good gesture if LYCA donates atleast 1 % of their profit to those suffering poor farmers...and vijay and his fan clubs can also give some money to those farmers...

but nobody will do that :lol2: ....ellamae 'double standards' than...the whole world work like that...

Mr.GreyShirt
27th October 2014, 07:46 AM

they should know all profits from 'kaththi' go into the pockets of LYCA. rich people getting more rich.....our fans encouraging it...missing the whole point of the film's message in the process..........

it would be a good gesture if LYCA donates atleast 1 % of their profit to those suffering poor farmers...and vijay and his fan clubs can also give some money to those farmers...

but nobody will do that :lol2: ....ellamae 'double standards' than...the whole world work like that...

Then please watch every movie online and donate that amount to the poor.

Mahen
27th October 2014, 11:07 AM
What a stupid justification rachel...

selvamohankumar
27th October 2014, 11:10 AM

Sema comedy ninga epavumae

pavalamani pragasam
27th October 2014, 01:18 PM
Watched sarabam. Twisttunna twisttu appadi oru twisttu! Thalai suththuthu. I am awed by the potential of the human brain for criminality born out of greed and other vices. நிஜமாவே அரண்டுவிட்டேன், மிரண்டுவிட்டேன்! அதை விட படம் முழுக்க தம், தண்ணி, போதை! உவ்வ்வ்வவே! குமட்டிவிட்டது. To give the devil its due, a well-crafted movie with a very clever plot, gripping till the end.

elsaen11
27th October 2014, 02:48 PM

Watch all ajith movies online and help the poors :clap:

Btw everyone knows which hero is good in helping poors...

yellow
27th October 2014, 03:16 PM
Watched Poojai movie , liked the movie .
I always like all Hari movies , because i am a masala movie fan.
Highlight of the movie is action and soori comedy (++1) , nice timing jokes and good act of him :).

selvakumar
27th October 2014, 04:15 PM
Btw everyone knows which hero is good in helping poors...

:rotfl: this is hilarious.

elsaen11
27th October 2014, 04:22 PM
:rotfl: this is hilarious.

Yeah... Iphone6 was very hilarious and vivek's response was indeed out of the world :lol2:

selvakumar
27th October 2014, 07:12 PM
Yeah... Iphone6 was very hilarious and vivek's response was indeed out of the world :lol2:

I have seen clowns who can give Vivek a run for the money in this forum since 2005. And have seen better jokes than iphone. Including lakhs for killing a fan :)

elsaen11
27th October 2014, 07:14 PM
Killing a fan? That's so funny... How abt real killing of producers n distributors

paranitharan
27th October 2014, 07:25 PM
Killing a fan? That's so funny... How abt real killing of producers n distributors

how about fans committing suicide?

19thmay
27th October 2014, 11:43 PM

i too laughed for most of comedy scenes..
burma bommai - kovai sarala..

:rotfl: Manobala - Kovai Sarala ...

19thmay
27th October 2014, 11:44 PM
Kathi - Second half top notch ... VJ take a bow! Never expected VJ to act on this script especially after Thuppaki's success. He acted so easily.
First half.. especially first one hour or so was boring. But later it was crisp and neat. Loved the press scene! Overall kudos to ARM, VJ and Anirudh for rocking BGM's.

Btw : Coin fight reminded Winner Vadivelu's biscuit timing comedy :lol2:

selvakumar
28th October 2014, 06:27 AM
Killing producers LOL.. Where is GV? ;)

pavalamani pragasam
28th October 2014, 02:03 PM
On my sister's recommendation(all my kith and kin are abetting/plotting to make me continue my movie-watching spree!!!) I watched salim. Sitting dumbfounded after watching it! What a great movie! I have become a fan of Vijay Antony! Awesome! There is vast improvement, in naan I felt a nerudal. But salim is superb, spotless! :clap::clap::clap: Waiting for the sequel!

leosimha
28th October 2014, 02:58 PM
On my sister's recommendation(all my kith and kin are abetting/plotting to make me continue my movie-watching spree!!!) I watched salim. Sitting dumbfounded after watching it! What a great movie! I have become a fan of Vijay Antony! Awesome! There is vast imprin naan I felt a nerudal. But salim is superb, spotless! :clap::clap::clap: Waiting for the sequel!

is salim really a good movie. salim is the sequel of naan, right? so another sequel to salim...hmm...

mappi
28th October 2014, 03:43 PM
Vasu, the boss.

Whenever I visit my friends, at several living room I find a lot of items scattered around at strategic corners, like a standing ceremic couple, or a bird trying to fly or an elephant in its 'not-so-usual' position, a galoping horse, etc. When asked, I usually get "decoration" as a reply. Hari does a similiar kind of setup in his latest film Poojai, where a truck load of artists join hands to provide an joint family ambience, but their major purpose is to put a smiling face in their dazzling "cultural" wear. Some get the benefit of uttering a word or two, alas the others take hold of a pillar and try to imitate it by standing next to it.

Poojai, Vishal playing a role named Vasu, is an 'Action Drama' which narrates the events happening around a span of few years in an young man's life where he has to battle with the evil that engulfs as the dark clouds over his family tree. Vasu is valiant, where his speech sparks summerised well by his slaps which makes his actions beleivable, well to an extent.

The major highlight of this movie is the Villan, played by Mukesh Tiwari. Eventhough he hangs around as a 'villan-next-door', his integration in the story is quite natural. Its kind of reverse in the sense its usually couple of villans for a hero, but here its a villan for couple of heroes. There are two tracks parallely running in lightening speed, one, which talks about Vasu & his Family laurels, while the next occupies an entirely different form which takes place in a town. The menancing man interviens in both the suituations, making Vasu look like he is fighting against two different opponents. Joining hands, is the stunt coordination which distinguishes the area of the fight sequences, finally providing a signature ending by introducing a saw shotgun during the climax.

Hari also uses a couple of dazzling dames, where Andrea short lives in a song, but Shruthi takes forward her mission. The mission clues are strictly based on the costumes they should wear. Vishal as Vasu is rapid fire. He has frags for fists. Anyone crossing his path just gets exploded. He is supported during the suspense portions by Sathyaraj, who seems to walk in with a group and immediately make a u-turn and fade away with his group. But how these 2 men are pictured by Hari gives a belivable larger than life looks. Other artists like Radhika & Jaya Prakash get their brief moments to shine, but for the rest, its like a walk in the park where one spots a bird which the other misses to see.

Songs, the favorite part of our Tamil films, are anything but hummable. Hari again digs his side bag and takes out his well rehearsed song setups where there is an heroic 'intro-song' which sounds more like the 'beer' song from Samy. Then, there is a 'kuthu-pattu' exactly when the couple's eyes meet and the lyrics are those propositions that contradicts the values that Hari discusses in this movie. A pictorisation of a song in a foreign location gives us a clue that Hari watches foreigns films too like "Les Poupées russes (Russion Doll)".

YSR seems to have come out with sounds that he had heard across in crowded stations. The background score completely gels with the proceeding, the music as noisy as the visuals. But still he manages to find loop holes in Hari's naration and embeds some fabulous YSR styled musical pieces here and there, notably during few 'family reunion moments'. The irony is the choice of score he took for Shruthi, well, Hari intended to make a connection here, which short-circuited.

The team Hari, both filming and processing, has used some fantastic technics to keep up with the pace and intelligently show us something that we already know. That increases the interest to see the proceedings. Another highlight of the movie is Soori. The comedy works inbetween all the heavy proceeding and never compramises the blast Hari intended to bring in. They have tried a bit "Goundamani-Senthil Combo" which works great, if you strictly agree not to draw a comparison. I perfectly enjoyed his english, his spontenous replies - "Gents finger" when asked to give the english name for "Sundakai" - and toping them all, the 'Drunk Soori vs Sage Soori' moments.

Poojai can be watched without any hinderence, as Hari takes care to get you hooked with his trade-mark naration. There are enough elements to get you entertained for its runtime, cleanly & clearly covering all the aspects, those which are throughly enjoyed by native audiences, be it romance or sentiment or action blocks or comedy.

Film : Poojai
Released Date : 22nd day of October 2014
Runtime : 2 hours 40 minutes (approx)
Written and Directed by Hari
Starring : Vishal, Shruthi Hassan & Others
Music : Yuvan shankar Raja
Cinematography : Priyan
Edited : V. T. Vijayan
Production Banner : Vishal Film Factory
Distribution Banner : Vendhar Movies

interz
28th October 2014, 03:52 PM
How long can this Hari keep his usual formula running?

There is no thrill in a movie, when everything happens in favor of the hero. I cant tell about Kovil havent seen it, but all the other movies have same pattern .larger than life hero, and very weak villain, they might shout louder than hero, but in each battles hero wins. To me its like playing a computer game with cheat codes, you will win no matter what.

balaajee
28th October 2014, 04:09 PM
How long can this Hari keep his usual formula running?

There is no thrill in a movie, when everything happens in favor of the hero. I cant tell about Kovil havent seen it, but all the other movies have same pattern .larger than life hero, and very weak villain, they might shout louder than hero, but in each battles hero wins. To me its like playing a computer game with cheat codes, you will win no matter what.

Thamizh 2002 & Seval 2008 are also diff...

pavalamani pragasam
28th October 2014, 04:44 PM
Watched burma on a niece's recommendation. Not much impressed. Bunches of cheats, frauds and greedy charlatans doing shady business leaves me unmoved however well the plot is interwoven.

pavalamani pragasam
28th October 2014, 10:03 PM
On sil's recommendation watched moodar koodam. It left me in a state of confusion! The movie is made in an amateurish manner-the mun kathai bits etc. Something is wrong with the audio, the rendering of the dialogue: even with utmost straining I could not make out the dialogue most of the time. It is a noble attempt to demonstrate the good side of the people considered the scum of the society and the ugly side of the so-called cream of the society. A lot of golden truths, precious values are mouthed by the characters. On the one hand it deals with a clear, serious plot; then on the other hand very silly dialogues and incidents are included. So kenathanam niraintha oru karuthulla padam!

Murali Srinivas
28th October 2014, 10:09 PM
Mappi, Do you have the online link to download this movie?

Karthik@CR,

As mappi had said Raktha Thilagam is there in You tube and here is the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtzUEfMZtHM

Decent print. Check if you had not already done.

Regards

pavalamani pragasam
29th October 2014, 01:59 PM
megha recommended by my sil failed to get my appreciation! The star who did the role of the powerful hero of a good thriller was a bad choice- he looked like a dhadhi! Again my personal taste idiosyncrasy did not like the double-dimple pappilimaas face of the heroine. She slightly resembles dead Soundarya(single dimple) whom I admired! I am afraid I'm cloyed by this overdose of movies reeking in wickedness, city lifestyles, bold behaviour of modern youth etc. With one more movie my movie-watching marathon shall fortunately come to an end for the time being!

pavalamani pragasam
29th October 2014, 05:13 PM
Tremendously enjoyed watching aadaama jeyichomadaa. Not knowing abc of cricket was no hindrance to enjoying this hilarious movie. All the characters have done well. Special mention must be made about Ravikumar, Simha and the star who did the role of Panneer. The curtains fall down for now.

mappi
29th October 2014, 06:12 PM
Pavalamani Pragasam,

Thats quite an immpressive line-up of movies that you have watched. Hats off.

Just few notes from my end :

Moodar Koodam / Burma / Megha

I address them as a 'new-age' cinema, where young and enthusiatic directors come up with 'original' ideas to show their alternate understanding of the craft. Ofcoarse they do embed a few points they were inspired from, but on the whole their projection is quite laudable. But, it gets its share of normative views, just because they are 'usually' different.

Making it short : These movies are character driven with a thin line as a story which uses immense symbolism and demands a lot of concentration. Thus, eventhough being a work of class, falls flat with the sentiment a regualar audience would get, but nevertheless everyone finish it off by saying it was "OK".

Salim - I recomend to you the movie 'Aal'. Quite a strange little movie, for those who have not watched the original(s).

Sarabham / Thegedi - In the same line, Dammal Dumeel, just that this film is more colorful and even more fun to watch.

Poojai - Hari, expect the least, reap the best while its still on ... LoL.

Aranmanai - Had an immense expectation for this film, then settled down only for some funny moments.

Aadaama Jeyichomadaa - Kind of interestingly funny movie too, myself and Interz talked about this movie a while back.

There is another movie that I feel may interest you : 'Naan Nee Nizhal'. Thought the team has come out with some extrodinary idea - like during the chat sessions - and they did manage to keep the suspense intact for a while. If they have tightened the characterisation revolving around the story, this movie would have been more riveting.

pavalamani pragasam
30th October 2014, 10:18 AM
Thanks, mappi! I've noted down your recommendations. Let me try them when I visit my sons' homes next time. Now I'm back to square one- and my facebook games!

A.ANAND
30th October 2014, 12:02 PM
yaan + poojai -therimass mokka..

balaajee
30th October 2014, 12:08 PM
yaan + poojai -therimass mokka..
Yaan didn't had any Mass/build up Scene...

HonestRaj
1st November 2014, 02:41 PM
Viewing the movie in the theatre may reward the cine industry with income- somehow not feeling guilty enough to rob already very rich cine people of a few bucks!!!

idhula ellam guilty feeling'eh varakkoodadhu..
naama ellam robin hood madhiri..
thirudan kitta irundhu thiruduna thappe illai... kaththi blue print idea copy adichadha 2 naalaikku munnadi than parthen.. this is just an example..
ippo palarum world cinema parkkuranga.. adhai ellorum theater'la poya parkkuranga.. illaiye
theater'ku kaasu tharradhukku badhil internet service provider'ku kasu tharroam..

appadi ellorum senja cinema thozhil azhinjudum'nu solvanga.. azhinjuttu pogattum..
seyyura thozhil edhuva irundhalum tax kattanum..
namakku ellam tax pidichadhu pogathan sambalame kaiku varudhu..
oru kadaila endha porul vangunalum.. hotel'la sapida ponalum.. ippadi ellathulayum tax..
cinema'vukku edhuku tax exemption'nu enakku innum puriyalai..
actualla.. high budget padam'na tax double pannanum

HonestRaj
1st November 2014, 09:05 PM
Aadama jeichomada
rombha comedy'nu solla mudiyadhu.. oru alavukku sirikkumpadiyave irundhadhu

balaajee
1st November 2014, 09:52 PM
kaththi blue print idea copy adichadha 2 naalaikku munnadi than parthen..
Movie name pls...

paranitharan
1st November 2014, 10:26 PM
idhula ellam guilty feeling'eh varakkoodadhu..
naama ellam robin hood madhiri..
thirudan kitta irundhu thiruduna thappe illai... kaththi blue print idea copy adichadha 2 naalaikku munnadi than parthen.. this is just an example..
ippo palarum world cinema parkkuranga.. adhai ellorum theater'la poya parkkuranga.. illaiye
theater'ku kaasu tharradhukku badhil internet service provider'ku kasu tharroam..

appadi ellorum senja cinema thozhil azhinjudum'nu solvanga.. azhinjuttu pogattum..
seyyura thozhil edhuva irundhalum tax kattanum..
namakku ellam tax pidichadhu pogathan sambalame kaiku varudhu..
oru kadaila endha porul vangunalum.. hotel'la sapida ponalum.. ippadi ellathulayum tax..
cinema'vukku edhuku tax exemption'nu enakku innum puriyalai..
actualla.. high budget padam'na tax double pannanum

aamothikkiren. nalla cinema edukiraar theatre poyi supoort pannanumaam. ithai vida mukkiyamaana nalla visayam ondum illae pola. tax ku kuuda protest pannaanga vetkam illama. nalla manithargalaa vaazhnthu kaattattum appuram nalla cinema edukkalaam, supportum pannalaam.

Arragesh
1st November 2014, 10:38 PM
I agree with Honest Raj
I don't think any movie should be given tax free.
They are already earning in crore but they don't pay tax but we will have to pay tax for each and everything . Completely unfair

ajaybaskar
1st November 2014, 10:50 PM
This ET exemption should actually benefit the viewers. The ticket rate has to be slashed but no theatre does it. They get the benefit. At least Chennai theatres have an upper slab of 120 Rs. Outside Chennai, theatres can charge whatever they want for the first 14 days. Movies of the big 5 get rates above 200 Rs. For example, Kaththi ticket rate is 200 Rs in Tirunelveli. This tax exemption will help them to maximize their profits.

uruzalari
1st November 2014, 10:50 PM
When we do something and say the reason is 'Mr.X' is doing this and hence there is no wrong in me doing it, we lose the right to point our fingers at 'Mr.X' anymore. Then even 'Mr.X' will have his side of the story putting the blame on someone else.

thirudan kitta irundhu thiruduna thappe illai - if only the thirudan is affected it is probably all right. But maybe that is not the case over here. A better way to protest would be to stop watching movies rather than supporting the pirated versions.

selvakumar
2nd November 2014, 12:16 AM
Copying linked in profile
Copying software
Using unlicensed software
Copying someone else story
Copying scenes from other movies
Copying acing style of another actor

All are part of our culture. It is difficult to eliminate piracy. No one is interested these days to spend a fortune for a movie. Internet connection is readily available.! Thiruttuvcd is an old form.

NOV
2nd November 2014, 05:34 AM
When we do something and say the reason is 'Mr.X' is doing this and hence there is no wrong in me doing it, we lose the right to point our fingers at 'Mr.X' anymore. Then even 'Mr.X' will have his side of the story putting the blame on someone else.

thirudan kitta irundhu thiruduna thappe illai - if only the thirudan is affected it is probably all right. But maybe that is not the case over here. A better way to protest would be to stop watching movies rather than supporting the pirated versions.
You are the lone sane voice.
Watching an illicit copy and then claiming moral high ground is utterly contemptible.

rsubras
2nd November 2014, 03:54 PM
You are the lone sane voice.
Watching an illicit copy and then claiming moral high ground is utterly contemptible.

+1, Watching an illicit copy is one's personal choice but trying to defend it / justify it is a crime... bus ticket fares lam ethittanga...so as a protest i will travel without ticket nu solraa mathiri irukku

VinodKumar's
2nd November 2014, 05:41 PM
Avan thappu pannuraan naanum pannuraen !!! ithukkum padikaama kaasukku, jaathikku vote poduravanukkum oru vidhiyasamum illai ...avanavadhu ariyaamayil seiuraan ...Facebook-um osingaradhunaala thaana puratchi karama status poduriga :notworthy:

selvakumar
2nd November 2014, 10:41 PM
+1, Watching an illicit copy is one's personal choice but trying to defend it / justify it is a crime... bus ticket fares lam ethittanga...so as a protest i will travel without ticket nu solraa mathiri irukku

:roll; i don't think Nov meant that. Watching is punishable. I can say it is my personal choice to steal and not defend it.

19thmay
2nd November 2014, 11:33 PM
Poojai - What ya movie!

"pOi kayya vetura" - Radhika ...
"Nee avan kayya vetuna peragu thaan engalala saapda mudinjuchu" - Kousalya....
"Nee avan thalaya vettitu 10 varusham jail-ku poirukanum" - Renuka ....
"avana edhavadhu pannuda .. chinna pullaingallukellam bayatha kaatitaan" - Shruthi Hassan

Bharathi kanda pudhumai pengal :clap:

Villain - "Nalla appanuku porandha unakke ivvlo irukuna...enga thatha poruki...ennoda appa mollamaari...enakku evvvlo irukum" :rotfl:

Hari + Vishal terror kootani ... mudiyalaaaa

hattori_hanzo
3rd November 2014, 12:31 AM
ROFL moments! Idhula paathinganna Hari oru kudumba director. B,C center makkal kondaadum iyakkunar.

"Nalla appanuku porandha unakke"
"Soattha thaan thinguriya illa..."
"Nee oru appanukku thaan porandhavannaa"

Idhellaam Sarvasaadharanama ellaa padathulayum varum Thamizhar kalacharathil ooriya varigal. Romba perumaiya irukku.

hattori_hanzo
3rd November 2014, 04:26 AM
Not sure if this was shared before. Kudos to Vishal for handling this situation calmly without resorting to abuses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfadN2Jwc04&feature=youtu.be

rsubras
3rd November 2014, 11:35 AM
:roll; i don't think Nov meant that. Watching is punishable. I can say it is my personal choice to steal and not defend it.

+1 nov message ku mattum than..appuram sonnathu ennudaiya individual opinion :) i did not want to equate watching a movie in CD / internet to Steal ...........

HonestRaj
3rd November 2014, 09:01 PM
நீங்கள் அத்தனை பேரும்
உத்தமர் தானா சொல்லுங்கள் – உங்கள்
ஆசை நெஞ்சைத்
தொட்டுப் பார்த்துக் கொள்ளுங்கள்

Neengal Athanai perum uthamarthana sollungal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oD7J1WRwVU

later I will post more about this.. ippodhaikku indha song mattum parthu kaetukkondu irungal

paranitharan
3rd November 2014, 09:38 PM
நீங்கள் அத்தனை பேரும்
ஆசை நெஞ்சைத்

Neengal Athanai perum uthamarthana sollungal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oD7J1WRwVU

later I will post more about this.. ippodhaikku indha song mattum parthu kaetukkondu irungal

uruzalari
3rd November 2014, 10:19 PM
Nerungi Vaa Muthamidathey - Interesting story. Should have actually worked better with little more pace and thriller like treatment. Was more of a patient and pleasant journey. Interesting to see a woman director coming up with a road film. The backstories of the main characters was narrated beautifully.

HonestRaj
4th November 2014, 12:09 AM
Facebook-um osingaradhunaala thaana puratchi karama status poduriga :notworthy:

orkut'um osi..facebook'um.. appuram orkut mattum yaen kadaiyai sathittanga.. edhirpartha varumanam varalai.. adhan..
zukerberg onnum dharma sathiram nadathalai.. ellorukkum osi wall kuduthu status podunga'nu solradhukku.. ellam business..

Facebook is not free
The economics of much of the Internet is built on two valuable commodities: your time, and your content
http://www.computerworld.com/article/2499036/web-apps/facebook-is-not-free.html

HonestRaj
4th November 2014, 01:01 AM
sila nerangalla nan edhuvum post panradhillai.. appadi edhavadhu panna.. reply after reply panra madhiri ennoda post amanjududhu...

lets come to the point...
i stick only to cinema..
i'm not getting into the detail of we people forging a rent receipt or a travel bill or a medical bill to get away with few hundreds or thousands in paying tax..
or about people using pirated windows OS / any software (or) a illegal downloaded e-book (or) a latest EA sports game.. etc. (or) watching a sport (eg: cricket, football) through some online illegal stream

ps: we people mentioned here include the sane people who don't watch pirated movies :p

-------------
category 1:
i know many ARR fans buy original audio cd to enjoy the fullest extent of ARR's music.. i know they listen to IR's new songs also just to confirm IR is not upto the mark of ARR.. do u guys think all those ARR fans buy original audio cd of IR's music & listen.. certainly NO.. if yes then IR will also be competing with ARR in audio market.. they just do it by download - listen - delete..
so, u sane people think it is legal to download only audio.. since it is not a complete movie like others do?
-------------
category 2:
lanjam vanguradhum thappu - lanjam kudukkuradhum thappu... thiruduvadhum - thirutukku thunai povadhum thavaru.. agree?
padam thiruttu vcd / internet'la download senju parkkuradhum thappu... adhe madhiri... oru padathai black'la ticket vangi parkkuradhum thappu (supporting black market).. avlo nyayam pesura aala irundha counter'la ticket illainadhum thirumba veetukku poyittu ticket irukkura innoru show'ku vandhu parkkanum..

inge black ticket'nu oru thread aarambichu post panna sonna.. MGR Sivaji'la irundhu Ajith Vijay varaikkum ellorudaya rasigargalum avangaludaya black ticket sarithira sadhanaigalai list pannuvanga..
-------------
category 3:
now a days broad band connections give huge data to download per month that too in great speed.. do u think, people use these high data connection just to access gmails & facebook & linked in & read google news... u won't even use 5 gb per month in that case.. all those world movies are watched in this way
-------------
if someone doesn't fall under category 1, 2 & 3 --> they can talk against people who watch tamil movies by other ways..
even those who fall under category 1,2 & 3 will have their own defending reason to do so ..

i watched kaththi in theater.. if similar opportunities occur, i planned to watch ennai arindhal, i, linga & viswaroopam 2 in theaters.. rest all.. as usual..
------------
ps1: illai neenga thappa purinjurukeenga.. nan appadi illai.. anniyan ambi madhiri nan oru rules ramanujam.. appadinu sonna.. adhai namba nan thayaara illai.. vazhkkaila engaiyavadhu eppavavadhu oru muraiyavadhu lanjam (or anbalippu) kuduthurupeenga.. poyi tholaiyudhu.. vaera enna panna mudiyum'nu manasula thittikittavadhu..

tired aagitten :fatigue:

once again watch nadigar thilagam's

நீங்கள் அத்தனை பேரும்
ஆசை நெஞ்சைத்

HonestRaj
4th November 2014, 01:10 AM
read above post in puratchi kalaignar'in captain prabhakaran - court scene mode :p

HonestRaj
4th November 2014, 01:14 AM
ippa inge prachanaiye aranmanai / sigaram thodu CD ellam illai..
100 kodiyai thandiya kaththi vasoolil sila nooru izhapeedu.. idhu oru sakkaram.. aduthu periya padam varumpodhu avanga fans indha pakkam vandhuruvanga.. ivanga andha pakkam poyiduvanga.. maaramal iruppadhu naama mattumdhan

NOV
4th November 2014, 07:05 AM
You have misunderstood my comment Karthik.
My issue was with people watching an illicit version of a now-running movie and proudly proclaiming it, and justifying their deed. That is pathetic.

100 kodiyai thandiya kaththi vasoolil sila nooru izhapeedu.. Wrong.
One vote cannot change anything, so I shall not bother voting.... what is the difference?
Walmart makes billions every year, so I shall take a bunch of grapes when no one is looking?

Avadi to America
4th November 2014, 09:16 AM
You have misunderstood my comment Karthik.
My issue was with people watching an illicit version of a now-running movie and proudly proclaiming it, and justifying their deed. That is pathetic.

Wrong.
One vote cannot change anything, so I shall not bother voting.... what is the difference?
Walmart makes billions every year, so I shall take a bunch of grapes when no one is looking?

naan walmart poi rendu grape taste pannittu thaan vanguren....

rachel
4th November 2014, 01:07 PM
watched 'gone girl' yesterday. ben affleck as an unfaithful husband and rosamund pike as a weird, twisted wife and complimenting each other as 'Bit**' and 'as*ho**'.

it was a good thriller movie to watch :thumbsup:

ajaybaskar
4th November 2014, 01:32 PM
Honest,

Nobody is bothered about someone watching the movie online. All I say is that why do YOU (means not you) want to advertise in public that you watched the movie online while the film is still running in theatres? Its just a polished way of saying 'The torrents are available for download'. Rather you can share the links straightaway so that people don't have to waste time in searching for it.

rachel
4th November 2014, 01:37 PM
what ? i watched it in the theatre :twisted:

ajaybaskar
4th November 2014, 01:45 PM
Rachel,

My reply was to the post of Honest Raj. Since Gone Girl is an Ajith movie, I knew you would watch it in theatre. Chill. :)

selvakumar
4th November 2014, 11:26 PM
So bottom line is steal or watch pirated version but don't advertise it :lol: :p

leosimha
5th November 2014, 12:33 AM
Rachel,

My reply was to the post of Honest Raj. Since Gone Girl is an Ajith movie, I knew you would watch it in theatre. Chill. :)

:lol: :rotfl: AB...I know you are smart and you always try to act smart.... :)

NOV
5th November 2014, 06:06 AM
So bottom line is steal or watch pirated version but don't advertise it :lol: :ppannuradhe thiruttu, idhula perumai vereiyaa? :p

selvakumar
5th November 2014, 06:12 AM
pannuradhe thiruttu, idhula perumai vereiyaa? :p

So, publicity illama thirudanum. Correct thaan :)

NOV
5th November 2014, 06:14 AM
So, publicity illama thirudanum. Correct thaan :)vadivelu thOththaar :sigh2:

selvakumar
5th November 2014, 06:17 AM
vadivelu thOththaar :sigh2:

Ada.. I am just summarizing the weird posts and their different meanings Nov. :)

ajaybaskar
5th November 2014, 07:25 AM
:lol: :rotfl: AB...I know you are smart and you always try to act smart.... :)
LOL. Rachel, in an earlier post, said that she would watch only couple of movies in theatre and that too only Ajith movies. So I presumed Gone Girl had Ajith in the cast. :wink:

selvakumar
5th November 2014, 11:09 AM
I think that post and dig will be valid if Thala is in Hollywood. Anyway, I wish that day won't be far.

Cinemarasigan
5th November 2014, 04:11 PM
Rachel,

i could not control in the :lol: in the office...

NOV
5th November 2014, 05:48 PM
Kaththi - decent movie. Refreshing change from non-stop masala movies from Vijay. Better double action when compared to ATM, but room for improvement. Body language needs to be totally different. Vijay also needs to improve on crying scenes. Anirudh's music was all noise. Bring back GKV for melodies please. And please, enough of NI villains. Our villains are so much better. :)

ajaybaskar
5th November 2014, 05:56 PM
Thanks bro. But GKV?

rsubras
5th November 2014, 06:28 PM
avaroda favorite GVP nu solla vanthavaru konjam sarukki thannoda kaalathu G.K.Venkatesh ah sollitaar nu ninaikkaren :)..........

elsaen11
5th November 2014, 06:31 PM
avaroda favorite GVP nu solla vanthavaru konjam sarukki thannoda kaalathu G.K.Venkatesh ah sollitaar nu ninaikkaren :)..........
Aanalum umaku nakkaluya :lol:

rsubras
5th November 2014, 06:32 PM
ATM was a good plot executed terribly...... the director was probably too scared of Vijay's star value and Vijay fans................ even for the negative role, director would have just beaten the bush rather than portraying him as a wicked, money minded guy............ some one established like Shankar or ARM who do not hesitate bringing a star out of his comfort zone would have made wonders with that story and with Vijay's character......

ajaybaskar
5th November 2014, 06:37 PM
True. When I heard the plot, I was very impressed. Songs were good too. So went to the film with some expectation and since I didn't get the tickets inside city, I went all the way to Mayajaal in the bike with my wife. Think of my situation all the way back home. :(

Mahen
5th November 2014, 07:15 PM
ippo kuda shreya Vijay-ya advise panra scene nyabagathuku varuthu..wattay climax

Cinemarasigan
6th November 2014, 02:22 PM
ATM songs are good. Somehow I could not watch till climax..

HonestRaj
7th November 2014, 09:51 PM
pakkathu thread'la arumaiyana discussions poyittu irukku..
nanum oru bottom line add pannittu idhai close pannidaren...

So bottom line is steal or watch pirated version but don't advertise it :lol: :p

:exactly:

bottom line..
1. ellorume inge thirudangathan
2. enna venumnalum pannunga aana inge adhai solladheenga..
3. adhe madhiri.. yaravadhu padam parthachunnu sonna.. padam eppadinu mattum kelunga.. adhai vituttu endha theater, evlo kootam, tkt scan copy'nu kaetu uyir edukka koodadhu :lol2:

thats all your aanur..

rachel
8th November 2014, 06:27 AM
salim

- nice movie, great acting by vijay anthony as a doctor and a good man,

and the things happen in his life and that make him do some dangerous stuff..
and the climax was good too..

enjoyed it...

ajaybaskar
8th November 2014, 08:43 AM
Aadama Jeichchomada

Except for few scenes, the film tests our patience. Our moderator hubber LM recommended a comedy film 99, which was based on the same theme - Betting in cricket. Wish Badri had watched the movie before making this one.

VinodKumar's
8th November 2014, 11:03 AM
pakkathu thread'la arumaiyana discussions poyittu irukku..
nanum oru bottom line add pannittu idhai close pannidaren...

bottom line..
1. ellorume inge thirudangathan
2. enna venumnalum pannunga aana inge adhai solladheenga..
3. adhe madhiri.. yaravadhu padam parthachunnu sonna.. padam eppadinu mattum kelunga.. adhai vituttu endha theater, evlo kootam, tkt scan copy'nu kaetu uyir edukka koodadhu :lol2:

thats all your aanur..
Honest, you still don't get the point ...bottom line is pirated version paarunga , aana adha nyayapaduthathinga !!! That too when you put up a point cinema kaaranga mattum olunga adhunaala naa aapdi thaan pannuvaen doesn't make any sense.

A dialogue from nimirndhu nil - avan thappu pannuraan Ivan thappu pannuraanutu naama thappu pannitu irrukkkom.

otedoric
8th November 2014, 12:22 PM
Honest, you still don't get the point ...bottom line is pirated version paarunga , aana adha nyayapaduthathinga !!! That too when you put up a point cinema kaaranga mattum olunga adhunaala naa aapdi thaan pannuvaen doesn't make any sense.

A dialogue from nimirndhu nil - avan thappu pannuraan Ivan thappu pannuraanutu naama thappu pannitu irrukkkom.

If many complaints against Cine field boycotting cinemas at any mode will be a better solution,
which is almost inevitable....

kailaasanaadhana murugana kaNNaala
paakka thaan mudiyumaa kooRu
ambaththanju kaasu nee
kuduththuttaa thannaala
kadavuLa paakkalaam paaru
kaaththavaraayan madhura veeran
therayila dhaanae purinjirukku
Gandhi-ya kooda padaththila dhaanae
innaikku desam therinjirukku
ada pasi thookkam marandhaachchu
pazhasellaam marandhaachchu
kottagam vaLandha piragu
naattula kuththam koranjirukku

harichandran naadagam paaththu thaan
Gandhiyum saththiyaththa nambinaar angae
kisu kisu pOttu
kaeLvi badhil pOttu
paththirikka vandhaa laabamunga
vaazhkkaikku ingae
vadikaal vaeNum
cinema oNNae pOdhumunga
ada pagal ellaam ozhaichcheenga
iravellaam sirichcheenga

India/TN without CINEMA --- can't imagine
Govt may get benefitted with TASMAC SALES even getting higher..........

HonestRaj
8th November 2014, 01:13 PM
okay.. 1 last short try..

aana adha nyayapaduthathinga !!!
hmm..
nan idhai nyayamnu sollalai... guilty feeling varra alavukku onnum avlo periya thappu illainu'than solren..

podhum.. idhukku reply panna periya post podavendi irukkum...
neyar viruppam irundha sollunga.. post panren.. namma post ellam puratchi kalaignar court scene madhiri than irukkum...

hope everyone accepts that "naama" includes me, you, all those who read these, everyone out of this hub..
thats my point..
i stress this because when someone reads last 2 pages will think few are wrong doers & majority are against that.. :mrgreen:

omega
8th November 2014, 05:50 PM
Though it is not correct, our generation (40+) have a feeling that we have already paid our dues (if not more) up till 2000.
Before internet & VCD piracy days (upto mid 90s') none of the theatres in our area (Tuticorin) will sell tickets for face value. I used to watch almost 70% of the movies in theatres (when there were no other avenue for entertainment) but have to pay a minimum 10 times the face value on average. They will issue a ticket that has a face value of Rs. 3.20 but we have to pay Rs 30/ for regular & Rs 50/ for balcony (face value 4.50). This is not even for big star movies. You have to pay this much even to watch Ramki-Nirosha pairing in silver screen. For big star movies it would double this.

Even now I like to watch big star movies in theatre expecially Rajini & Kamal. Offcourse I watch selectively Ajith, Vijay, Surya movies also in theatres on release weekends here in US, but every other movie only after a good print is available online.

I am no way trying to justify any of these, but thats the thought process.

JamesFague
8th November 2014, 08:00 PM
Megha

Salim

Poriyalan

The above 3 movies are certainly a decent movies and somewhat not clicked in the box office except Salim.

uruzalari
8th November 2014, 08:53 PM
Oru oorla Rendu Raja and Jai Hind 2 ----

The central plot of both and 1 or 2 important scenes as well have similarity to Kaththi. Like in Kaththi the antagonists in both these films are businessmen. Jai Hind 2 had a few noteworthy action sequences with Arjun at his agile best. The good thing about OORR was Imman's songs. Apart from these both films tested my patience.

ajaybaskar
8th November 2014, 08:59 PM
Your username is truly befitting. :)

rsubras
8th November 2014, 11:13 PM
7th sense in TV, a very good and exceptional plot let down by some bad screenplay, ARM probably got complacent after getting a novel theme. I believe had they not overused the hypnotic skills of the villain and Shruthi ya Chinese govt eh kuri vaikkara mathiri build up kaatama irunthiruntha it would have been a very good movie. Ancient beliefs, Tamil culture pathi lam some pullaripps scene were there

interz
9th November 2014, 11:21 PM
Jai Hind 2

The message of the movie is good, make it possible to all kids to have same opportunities to study in india.

Seen the movie had to nod to previous review about the movie. There are some similarities between Kaththi and Jai Hind 2. Both movies had sentimental scenes that made you support the poor people and their struggles. Both movies gave less importance to heroines. Just to add more salt to the wound there are two heroines. I dont get the 2 heroine sentiment with Arjun, he had 2 heroines in most of his directional ventures. In Jai hind comedy was great and made you laugh, in Jai Hind 2, it makes you tear down the stuffing in the couch. Actionwise there are very few to match his skills, action king's fight scenes are super. Rahul Dev surprises in the movie. This is a movie made with good intentions but only executed half good.

Arjun Janya is one of my fav MDs in Kannada, but he dissapoints a lot in the movie. He has overused the dubstep genre, Skrillex said "dude chill with dubstep and try some other styles too".

Jai Hind 2 is 1/3 Kaththi, 1/3 Gentleman, 1/3 mish mash.

mappi
10th November 2014, 11:04 PM
Tour of Characters

Its rare, rather quite exceptional, to see a woman director coming up with a film. I am always on the look out for their ventures to see their alternate understanding and the importance they give to the craft. Soundarya Ashwin did an excellent job by introducing a new technology in feature films to our industry through her debut film Kochadaiyaan. Anjana Ali Khan's ‘Veppam’ had realism, romance and rowdyism in the right mix. Aishwarya Dhanush did a tremendous job in jotting a couple's life between their teenage to adulthood in her film “3”. Sri Priya, eventhough a remake, ‘Malani’ was indeed an attempt worth mentioning, just for the theme it handled. And I sincerely hope JS Nandhini gets in term with the production house and get started with her project "Kolai Nokku Paarvai"; the title itself is quite outstanding.

Good signs are ahead for female creative heads, with the motivations aptly given by Lakshmy Ramakrishnan, who has sucessfully released her 2nd film Nerungi Vaa Muthamidathe (English : Kiss me if you can ... !).

Nerungi Vaa Muthamidathe is a Social Drama disguised as a Road Film, which makes the coupling quite compelling. It has its share of suspense and sentiments that draws your attention completely. Add in the apt music score by Medley Blues, the film swiftly changes tracks from mystery to romance to action. With an awesome cast, each one hand picked for the character they play, the movie is engaging.

Chandru, is a sort of a 'family-rebel', who does not allow himself to integrate with his rich family but decides to drive a truck for the local politician, Kaleeshwaran. Admits the petrol crisis hitting the nation hard, Chandru accepts to deliver some important goods, accepting it as a challenge in such a situation where danger is written all over. On the way to his destination, he meets certain people, mingling with them opens up an avenue of new thoughts that he starts to question the intentions of Kaleeshwaran. And to his awesome surprise, he realises being tricked, and now its payback time.

Each movie has a particular scene that starts growing in you and when its at the very beginning, your interest grows as the movie unfolds. One such scene that comes early in the film which assured me that I am going to watch a nice movie is the way AL Azhagappan is shown adjesant to a "laughing" budha idol. This particular scene explains a lot by itself - the business he is running and how he is minting money - apart from his striking resemblance with the idol itself. Numerous such scenes are there in this film, which crisply advance the film, registering all the minute details clearly. Cinematographer Vinod Bharathi has danced quite elegantly to the rhythm of the director.

Lakshmy Ramakrishnan's earlier film 'Aarohanam' was a neat attempt (if you agree to overlook the "Aunties-Meeting-Climax"), and she had provided an in-depth vision over a secret disorder that is often overlooked. Mixing it with suspense was top notch. She tries something similar here too, loading here 2nd film with loads of mystery. Each character is mysterious until their back story unfolds. The believable flash backs, mostly narrated through songs or efficient dialogues and silences, paints the needed colour to the story. The assembly of the story was neatly done, where all the bits and pieces are put together with an effective editing by Sabu Joseph.

The major point – ‘I am still thinking, how wonderful it would have been if …’ - are the elaboration of the characters. They were established at the right time at the right moments, but they don't quite stick. They move about like puppets, with whom getting connected is quite impossible. Tightening them or taking much time to talk more about them would have been more intriguing. For eg., the runaway couple's story was well narrated, but lacks the emotion in the end. Similarly Pia's back story, quite riveting, gets diluted somewhere on the road. Moreover, we don't get to know Shabeer at all. The underlining point is that awesome characters, but quite overlooked while talking about them.

Nerungi Vaa Muthamidathe is not an bold attempt as I would have excepted from a female director nor it's something that’s unique. But making a regular film in such a way is a beauty that speaks for itself and the film got its needed shine from the woman director Lakshmy Ramakrishnan. Hats off.

Nerungi Vaa Muthamidathe - Right turn, wrong gear.

Film : Nerungi Vaa Muthamidathe
Released Date : 31st day of October 2014
Runtime : 2 hours (approx)
Written and Directed by Lakshmy Ramakrishnan
Starring : Shabeer, Pia, 'Thambi' Ramaiah, A. L. Azhagappan, Lakshmy Ramakrishnan, Ambika & Others
Music : Medley Blues
Cinematography : Vinod Bharathi
Edited : Sabu Joseph
Production & Distribution Banner : AVA Productions [A.V.Anoop]

interz
11th November 2014, 12:58 AM
Oru Oorla renda Raja - poyaa.

Remake kannan fails with original script, that is a big blow. His last remake failed too.

Oru padatha overaa promote panninaa padam mokkai endru arthamo?

rachel
11th November 2014, 05:26 AM
watched 'jigarthanda' yesterday after reading illaya thalapathy's twitter chat the other day.
enjoyed it...
+plus
it was different from the usual love, romance or revenge stories.
great acting by siddarth and actor simha.
the last time i saw siddharth he was singing 'egiri kudhiththaen vaanam idithadhu
paadhangal irandhum paravaiyaanadhu' and still he looked the same.
and he was only the pretty face among those ugly looking gangsters in the film.

laxmi menon came in just for a few minutes but she never failed to impress me...thumbs up for that..

so many twists and turns..
the thing i'm most surprised was that the film started out as a gangster film and in the 2 nd part it turned into a comedy film.

minus
felt a bit lengthy
the main villain and his men didn't get the punishment for their crimes.
i thought siddharth should have shot him dead or simha should have died in police encounter as shown in the movie...
and i didn't like them using 'A.kumar" as the film title.

mappi
11th November 2014, 06:18 PM
watched 'jigarthanda' yesterday

"felt a bit lengthy"
Many films do that. Basically it happens when the movie shifts from a genre to another. It happens to me often during the "romance episodes" where I can notice myself seeing elsewhere than the screen. Its natural to feel that way, rather than abruptly stating someone's work to be trimmed by approx. 10 minutes - that would have been funny. I appreciate your choice of words.

"the main villain and his men didn't get the punishment for their crimes."
The movie is not about crime & punishment, so its normal to see the alternate ending. Moreover it assosiates itself with the reality as though the crimes still continue. Otherway put, their crime never was caught to be punished.

"i thought siddharth should have shot him dead or simha should have died in police encounter as shown in the movie"
Again, the basic knot is not revenge or good vs evil, eventhough it touches a bit survival & instincts. The climax is a show on the phase character. I am sure you would have noted - the "thappan kuthu" magically turns into "Applauds" and au milleu is Simha. This brief moment allows you to narrate the whole story once again and make the right connections, which should obviously lead you to the gunpoint climax.

"and i didn't like them using 'A.kumar" as the film title."
No comments.

mappi
11th November 2014, 07:35 PM
A old-schooler's delight

If you accept that Arjun is finding it hard to cope up with modern cinema and watch his new film Jaihind2, you are sure for a great ride. As a director, Arjun has tired a narration quite similar to Vanam (I am sure most of you are well versed in Foreign films and other language films, so I leave it to you to capt the source of this idea). He takes 5 characters and threads them together with another single character. He then conveniently uses each character at his will to narrate his story, keeping couple of them for some thrilling action blocks. Then he webs them together to prove his point which is already made.

Abhimanyu, a Karate teacher, draws the attention of the nation with his idea to nationalise the education system. Ofcoarse that does not go well with the concerned bureau of private school front runners, who obviously plot to eliminate Abhimanyu. Thus the cause is known, we get to see the effect of touching a man named Abhimanyu.

Action thrills follows the movie at regular intervals which are quite well choreographed and presented by Arjun & Team. Arjun is one amoung the rare film makers who still assosiate scenes - for eg. the villan & the court hearing was top notch. Similarly, the whole jail sequence was interesting, how jumbled the presentation was, but still quite neat. BGM works as a church bell, indicating its presence then and there. Camera works were gladly used to potray different stunt sequences uniquely. And editing mounts the needed curiosity.

The performence is what takes the film so close to being under a grade. Eventhough few artists try to convey something, the over streched scenes of an already known fact breaks their skills in the middle. Arjun uses his usual trade mark expressions and dialogue deliveries which is good to watch. Apart from that, none take care of anything that could have potentially upgraded the film.

The twitter/facebook generation has nothing to do with this movie, as neither this movie has any names that they know nor their one liners include the struggle of a film maker to potray a character in different angles in the same scene. Thus they may settle down to make fun of this movie, one thing they are very good at these days. The film will also not attract any "package" based website/tube rewiewers too. But for a person who has a taste for films, has seen quite a variety of them, and moreover knows who Arjun is, Jaihind 2 is sure to garnish their interest. Arjun takes enough care to keep you engaged throughout its runtime.

Jaihind 2 - Hail Polish

Film : Jaihind 2
Released Date : 7th day of November 2014
Runtime : 2 hours 30 mins (approx)
Written and Directed by Arjun (Dialogues by G. K. Gopinath)
Starring : Arjun & Team
Music : Arjun Janya
Cinematography : HC Venugopal
Edited : Kay Kay
Production & Distribution Banner : Sri Ram Films Internationals [Arjun]

rachel
12th November 2014, 04:18 AM
"felt a bit lengthy"
Many films do that. Basically it happens when the movie shifts from a genre to another. It happens to me often during the "romance episodes" where I can notice myself seeing elsewhere than the screen. Its natural to feel that way, rather than abruptly stating someone's work to be trimmed by approx. 10 minutes - that would have been funny. I appreciate your choice of words.

"the main villain and his men didn't get the punishment for their crimes."
The movie is not about crime & punishment, so its normal to see the alternate ending. Moreover it assosiates itself with the reality as though the crimes still continue. Otherway put, their crime never was caught to be punished.

"i thought siddharth should have shot him dead or simha should have died in police encounter as shown in the movie"
Again, the basic knot is not revenge or good vs evil, eventhough it touches a bit survival & instincts. The climax is a show on the phase character. I am sure you would have noted - the "thappan kuthu" magically turns into "Applauds" and au milleu is Simha. This brief moment allows you to narrate the whole story once again and make the right connections, which should obviously lead you to the gunpoint climax.

"and i didn't like them using 'A.kumar" as the film title."
No comments.

i agree with some of your comments ....

uruzalari
14th November 2014, 10:54 PM
Thirudan Police - Neat entertainer. Routine revenge story but with an unexpected treatment involving humour.

A.ANAND
15th November 2014, 03:59 PM
sathurangga vettai

therimass!! padam alla paadam..i give 1 rank for this film..

hats off to the team n nattu's unblievable performence..

interz
15th November 2014, 09:51 PM
Sathuranga vettai - surprisingly good.

All credit to H. Vinoth for making making a movie that KO you. debutant movie directors in tamil cinema have guts to make different attempts, and thankfully some producers are willing to invest money in such kind of movies. This is the kind of movie that makes Kollywood look better than Mollywood, Tollywood, Bollywood. I am eagerly looking forward to H. Vinoths next movie.

uruzalari
15th November 2014, 11:20 PM
Appuchi Gramam - Nice effort. Sci fi is actually the backdrop and the film focuses more on the characters in the village.

mappi
17th November 2014, 12:17 AM
A perfect morality tale.

http://www.iflickz.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/thirudan-police-review.jpg

Good vs Evil is the ground where many film makers starts their parade. Caarthick Raju (another Karthik in the camp with a capital 'c') enters the same ground, but with a different foot wear. He marches plotting a story with a cop background but explores an individual distinguishing the self within himself. The war he wages is on the morality grounds, where he digs open the good inside himself.

Vishwa, a youth, who does not need an introduction, but I will say it anyway - a jobless young man who gets fired by his dad, like a doctor's prescribed medicine 'morning-midday-and-night' and who has a mom who is quite keen in firing mustards than correcting the attitude of her son. Singaram, the father, is a Police Head Constable (HPC) who not only fails to convince his son, but his death shatters his own dreams of seeing Vishwa as a high grade Police Officer. The demise of Singaram, opens a new door for Vishwa where he walks in as the new HPC. Glad to get an attractive posting, soon Vishwa realises that its nothing but a petty job masked inside a valued profile. He, then, realises the efforts and pain of his father's long carrier, and decides to compensate it by bringing the culprit responsible for his father's death before justice. But what shocks him is not the murder crime, but the conspiracy behind it. Vishwa is now all by himself to root out the sinners.

Dinesh, as a convincing Vishwa, puts out a tremendous performance. He weeps, laughs, romances etc.,etc., just within passing seconds. Esp. after the pre-interval song, he just communicates with his wide open eyes, where moments before he was weeping. Lots and lots of such fabulous performances by Dinesh is scattered throughout the movie. Bala Saravanan supports him quite well, but is a bit mono-toned. Can be labeled 'City-Soori', but his spontaneous replies makes every scene realistic. Rajendran continues his 'menacing-comedy' works in this film too. He is just awesome. Pairing equally with him is John Vijay. I have already mentioned it, mentioning it again, you are too good man. Wish to see you in more films. The funniest scene is when Bala addresses to John and says "Irandam Ullagam Anushka mariya irruke". Iyshwarya Rajesh is nice, reminded me of my favourite Nandita. The 3 major artists - Rajesh, Naren & Muthuraman - give abundance in their supporting roles.

My favourite song "Moodupanikkul" was excellent. I would say the whole movie was a bit experimental, where YSR seems to be involved in suspense BGM during serious situation, where the scenes were made to provoke laughter. Quite cunning in their attempt and both YSR & Caarthick have emerged successful. The romance was kept under check and YSR used the best of it. Vijay Sethupathy dances for a song “Thala-Deepawali” style and we get to see Arul Doss too.

Cinematography by Siddharth was plesant and clear. The whole setup was live, be it a tea shop corner or residential area, all details have been well captured. Dialogues were superb. Actually, what makes it interesting is that the person who speaks, sometimes is not in the visual plan, but we hear his voice. That adds the needed provocations to giggle.

Hats off to SPB Charan, for giving yet another opportunity and for identifing a talent like Caarthick Raju. Caarthick Raju shines a lot as a director. The best was how he makes a spoof of his own preachy tale. He puts the audience in the place of the listener, and exactly make them her what they would say as a reply. At the same time, he uses Vishwa to extend his agonies of missing his father. Even towards the end, the speech by Naren, is comically interpreted by John Vijay "Pesiya Koldranungo". So he does a dual job at the same moment, which I suppose will be the main aspect for the success of this film. Moreover, he ended the movie quite crisply without dragging it too much. Plus he creates the needed ambience during the end credits. Hats off Caarthick.

Aptly titled, Thirudan Police, coolly picks up its place in the tiny line of trend setters.

Thirudan Police - Son Father

Film : Thirudan Police
Released Date : 14th day of November 2014
Runtime : 2 hours 15 mins (approx)
Written and Directed by Caarthick Raju
Starring : Dinesh, Iyshwarya, Rajesh, Bala Saravanan, Rajendran, John Vijay, Naren, Muthuraman & Others
Music : YSR
Cinematography : Siddarth
Edited : Praveen & Srikant
Production & Distribution Banner : [SPB Charan] Capital Film Works & Kenanya Films

interz
17th November 2014, 02:06 AM
Thirudan Police - preachy and sentimental.

What worked in the movie: comedy, BGM, narens character, john vijay, rajendran, bala saravanan
What didnt work in the movie: attakathi dinesh, aishwarya rajesh, romance, plot is same and is not new, feels like watching Sigaram Thodu within few months.

To the director: watch lot of movies and try to think of a subject which hasnt been reused times and times again.

Dinesh84
17th November 2014, 01:34 PM
ThirudanPolice - neatly done. The film was not boring at any point for me. all the comedy portions worked well. but could have avoided some cliché dialogues.
I am seeing few people bash this movie just because the hero sings/watches Veeram songs (memes are created :shock: ).

Nasc
17th November 2014, 02:59 PM
Thirudan Police - preachy and sentimental.

What worked in the movie: comedy, BGM, narens character, john vijay, rajendran, bala saravanan
What didnt work in the movie: attakathi dinesh, aishwarya rajesh, romance, plot is same and is not new, feels like watching Sigaram Thodu within few months.

To the director: watch lot of movies and try to think of a subject which hasnt been reused times and times again.

rombha easy ya solitinga....intha range la poi thaan..directors are now starting to think of all the list of phobia's , syndromes , disorders etc and make it as first time ever a bi polar, first time ever something else nu :(

update - sorry ithu ana soliye aganum....ithey kostins experienced directors / actors ta ketta oru paya minja maattan...atha vitutu pavom new comers...

ajaybaskar
22nd November 2014, 01:20 AM
Naaigal Jaakkiradhai

Despite all the flaws in the film, Idoh - The dog carries the film on its shoulders (??). A welcome change from the usual mass and comedy entertainers. Not many films have spoken about canines in the recent past and this film manages to do that to some extent.

Sibiraj plays second fiddle to Idoh. And he is also gracious enough to make his name appear after Idoh's in the opening credits. Dharan Kumar's bgm was apt.

On the downside, the villain was too comical. Instead of chosing a menacing artist, they've settled for Balaji, who evokes only laughter and not fear. And there were no reasons behind his crimes.

A 120 minute duration helps the movie to look racy and if you are a dog lover, you can give it a try.

hattori_hanzo
22nd November 2014, 04:06 AM
Naaigal Jaakkiradhai

Instead of chosing a menacing artist, they've settled for Balaji, who evokes only laughter and not fear.

Which 1? RJ Balaji, Sutta Kadhai Balaji or the TV serial comedian Balaji?

ajaybaskar
22nd November 2014, 09:56 AM
Sutta Kadhai I have not seen. But since its not the other two, I guess he is the one. He is also an RJ and has acted in Nanban and Madarasapattinam.

interz
22nd November 2014, 07:53 PM
Naaigal Jaakkirathai - canine movie sans Ramanarayanan style

This movie had many elements in the movie that could make it very interesting. One of the element is suspense which they could have revaeled near climax. The element that works in the movie is the dog. First half was very funny. 2nd half very serious. Lesson to star kids: take risks. Sibiraj is no hero material, but in movies with good narration and screenplay he can pull it off. Arundhathi looks like next door girl and made her part well. Villains character could have been more vile, he seem more "buried" than alive.

Dharan K. is another highlight in the movie. His BGM is very good and I like the song doggy style.

The director made me courious about Naanayam, after watching this movie. Well done Shakthi Soundarajan

mappi
23rd November 2014, 08:09 PM
Vanmam [2014 : Tamil : Drama]
Written & Directed by Jai Krishan

Starring : Vijay Sethupathi & Kreeshna

Chelladurai & Radha come as a wholesome package marked 'friendship'. They are the twix, where one side is chocolate coated, who has a love affair and the other caramel coated, who is just sticking out there for no particular reason. When this twix gets seperated, due to a murder they commit, they are no more a package but stand their own grounds evaluating the suituation according to the guilt the murder had provoked inside them. It leads them to the grand finale inside the twix factory itself where they discover several truth of how a bond is made.

While watching this movie, I had a huge expectation, thats the main reason for my disappointment too. Jai Krishna had solid characters and he churns the events to his best to move his story. Vanmam glitters with suspense, but the glow goes missing completely somewhere in the first half itself. What I was expecting after witnessing a spectacular sub-plot is - Chelladurai, the weak, taking the valliant Radha. Actually the story gets there, but without the presence of neither Radha nor Chelladurai. They both go missing and the dual is cemented with sentiments, where in each corner you see some one crying or screaming or swearing. So the darkness in a relationship is furthur more shadowed, eventhough the premisis was quite gripping.

You can ask why Vijay Sethupathi is in this film ! But he does make a certain mark with his performence. Another gentle actor who uses his eyes to promote an emotion in split seconds. Kreshna looks quite distracted. He is always a second ahead of others and even a sharp editing could not correct it. Sunaina, not my kind of girl, wears some gorgeous looking sarees. Rest of the cast, esp., the police officials or the father-in-law or main side-kicks have given some realistic performence.

Few aspects in the film motivated me to talk about this film, the main one being the accent. Simply loved it. Actually, the 1st 15-20 minutes, I could hardly follow what they were saying, then it grew inside me. The choice of words in various dialouges were so sweet to hear. Think all the participants did a tremendrous job while using this accent. The film also is made in a perfect way, in and around the lifestyle of a village/town, an aspects that interests me a lot and thought that Vanmam nicely captured the lovely things that I would look for. (Saw Appuchi Gramam - Fantastic film, will talk about it later). Editing & fight sequences were note worthy. Thaman left out the rusty feel with his songs, but his suspense BGM were good, also at few places where sentimental bits were running.

Jai Krishna knew that the point that holds his film is the naration as the story and incidents are not rare. So he cleverly crafts few characters, revolves several events around them, where he partially captured my interest. But it becomes a disaster when the characters become so weak and the events that tie them gets diluted. He springs back with an awesome climax, but by this time I was loaded with disappointed, actually not willing to appreciate the attempt.

Vanmam - Circumstantial Victims

ajaybaskar
23rd November 2014, 08:28 PM
Interz,

Naanayam is a decent watch. Though inspired by The Bank Job, Shakthi localized it well.

Mahen
24th November 2014, 07:12 PM
Madras - one of the top 5 films for this year..very engaging screenplay..karthi and co did well..two lovely songs towards the end..heroine :sigh2: no chance of moving into the big league..

Jigarthanda - very good until the last 20mins..the transformation from a gangster to comedy piece didnt work for me..complete disappointment..the were some :rotfl: scenes

Vennira Iravugal - malaysian film..watched for the heck of it..ended up liking it..nothing new story wise but screenplay was quite good..and it was refreshing to see Myanmar..heroine was quite pretty and slim :shock:

mappi
24th November 2014, 10:57 PM
Vennira Iravugal - malaysian film..

Will watch it tonight.

mappi
28th November 2014, 06:15 PM
Vennira Iravugal - malaysian film..watched for the heck of it..ended up liking it..nothing new story wise but screenplay was quite good..and it was refreshing to see Myanmar..heroine was quite pretty and slim :shock:

Not a bad film. The "Malaysian Film Tag" permitted me to complete watching it, as I have not watched many Malaysian movies. Found the intial parts of the movie, esp. at the airport quite well made. But - as I don't know any of the actors, the female lead - her featuring voice and her narrative voice are so different. Was it the same person who dubbed them ? Her featuring voice and slang was something new to me, where as her narrative voice was very good. The long haired hero ... well its a nice attempt with whatever they had, and a story of relationship has been well delivered. Also, the romance angle was quite matured, that sticks to it till the end.

Vennira Iravugal - Nicely Painted

rsubras
28th November 2014, 09:39 PM
so many positive reviews about Kaaviya Thalaivan........... no reviews in mayyam yet............ Rahman's fans innum paarkaliya :) Am planning to watch tommo

Mahen
30th November 2014, 06:22 AM
Not a bad film. The "Malaysian Film Tag" permitted me to complete watching it, as I have not watched many Malaysian movies. Found the intial parts of the movie, esp. at the airport quite well made. But - as I don't know any of the actors, the female lead - her featuring voice and her narrative voice are so different. Was it the same person who dubbed them ? Her featuring voice and slang was something new to me, where as her narrative voice was very good. The long haired hero ... well its a nice attempt with whatever they had, and a story of relationship has been well delivered. Also, the romance angle was quite matured, that sticks to it till the end.

Vennira Iravugal - Nicely Painted

not sure if its her own voice or not..

Mahen
30th November 2014, 06:30 AM
Kaaviya thalaivan - average stuff from Vasanthabalan..casting sidharth was mistake imo..songs were brilliant and bgm was good..but not in the same league as iruvar..

NOV
30th November 2014, 08:16 AM
Kaaviya Thalaivan - not much of a Kaaviyam

What could have been a master-piece, is let down by poor casting and a weak storyline. It started out well on the premise of the love story between SG Kittappa and KB Sundarambal.

In real life, Kittappa was already a married man when he fell in love with KBS but that did not stop him from getting married to her when he was 21, and she 19. Kittappa was a wife-beater and an alcoholic and their only child didn't survive beyond a few weeks. Soon she left him and shortly, at the age of 27, Kittappa died. KBS travelled to his village, paid off all his debts and immersed his remains at Varanasi. Since his death, she clad herself in white cotton. She appeared in some movies after that and was active in politics. While alive, the couple were also active in freedom movements.

Such is the illustrious background to the story chosen by Vasantha Balan, who is known to take an incident and spin a whole story around it, very successfully.
SG Kittappa became Kaaliyappa while KB Sundarambal became Vadivambal in his story. While in real life it was KBS who began her career by singing in trains, here VB made Kittappa the train beggar-singer. Pritiviraj is introduced as Gomathi Nayagam - the antagonist of the story.

None of them made justice to the characters they played. Siddharth's Kaaliyappa was more cartoonish than a drama artiste while Prithviraj was hardly the menacing, scheming, evil brother. Unfortunately Vedika as Vadivambal, had almost nothing much to do. Sad.
In fact, the only brilliance in drama portraying was done by Ponvannan, who was miles ahead and completely outshone the leads.
Thank God for Thambi Ramaiyah too, who made the film bearable to watch.
The biggest joke - which had the audience laughing - was when Prithviraj's acting as Karnan was praised by Ramaiyah as having seen the real Karnan. Oh God, do this people even have a conscience?
The paper thin story was draggy and after the stops and bumps, it was only interval time.

The title card and the accompanying music promised a lot, but none of them lived up to it.

Kaaviya Thalaivan - average fare.

Watch life story of KB Sundarambal here, and understand why I feel shortchanged.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dKCGYixn_o#t=344

Arragesh
30th November 2014, 10:21 AM
Watched Kavyathalaivan
I agree with every single line of what Mahen and Nov said

Subject taken by Vasanthabalan is Fantastic but should have concentrated just on drama culture and how it was acted as trigger points independence struggle down south
Instead vasanth took tiff of prithvi on siddharth which is beaten to death that is why we feel 1st half is lot better

selvakumar
30th November 2014, 10:43 AM
Oru Oorla Rendu Raja - nalla thaanae irukku. Time pass

selvakumar
30th November 2014, 10:44 AM
Liked all the songs. Inman is in good form.

Mr.GreyShirt
2nd December 2014, 03:44 AM
Madras - Started off extremely well but the finishing was just meh...

balaajee
2nd December 2014, 07:05 AM
Posted Yesterday, 11:34 AM

http://static.moviecrow.com/marquee/lakshmy-slams-kaaviya-thalaivan-and-thirudan-police/50745_thumb_665.jpg

Actor, director and reality show host Lakshmy Ramakrishnan had directed Aarohanam and recently released Nerungi Vaa Muthamidathey(NVM). After the failure of NVM's and prompt removal from screen just after a week, Lakshmy has been dishing out open criticism about recently released movies such as Thirudan Police and Kaaviya Thalaivan.

"Kaaviya Thalaivan" puts Lakshmy to sleep

Watched a film that put me to sleep! Wish such super talented actors, director offered us something new! aracha mavayee, arachuttangka... I wonder how a popular film critic on Twitter praised the film! Went to watch it because of his review...Disappointed once again!

"Thirudan Police" is "unsahikkable"

Love sequence for the sake of it, heroine has no purpose than walking up and down the street, to be spotted by hero. Irritating gestures by hero, influence of previous film. No consistency or reason for hero's behaviour! Attitude change happens overnight. Maha-boring duet, purposeless item number, bad portrayal of villain's wife, cliched hero's mother, could not retain interest after all this. Hero's friend character was equally boring, same style as his previous films, and rowdy's brother intolerable. All women are almost dumb. Movie is unsahikkable and kiddish.

Director Lakshmy may be speaking her mind. In the case of Kaaviya Thalaivan, it is believed that she was taking a shot at a noted Tamil film tracker with maximum number of twitter followers. Between personal egos, the victim happened to be Kaaviya Thalaivan, which needs all the support it can garner to survive at the Box Office this week. Lakshmy's earlier criticism about Thirudan Police was believed to have been triggered because of "Thirudan Police" grabbing most of the screens from "Nerungi vaa muthamidadhey" a few weeks ago.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1WHCf1CUAA4RS1.jpg

Lakshmy had announced that she will write about every film I watch, whether good or bad. It is her right as audience paying 120 Rupees to watch a film. Shouldn't she take cues from colleagues in the industry who were magnanimous in showering encouraging words after watching Aarohanam, despite a number of amateurish scenes. If Lakshmy continues to throw stones from inside the proverbial glass house, won't it create so much bad-will in the industry that the producers, technicians and cast may decide to stay away from booking her for new movies? One thing that is clear is nothing good is expected to come out of all this.

interz
2nd December 2014, 03:38 PM
Is it better Lakshmi R lies, and say the movie is good? This is one of the bad things about cinema, the glorification and the fake respect, that people shows sometimes is disgusting. I hate when cine celebrities praise a stupid a movie. There is no need to act like being in a nursery any more. Just tell it straight forward.

I would never watch a movie like Kaaviya thalaivan. It sounds to boring to average viewer like me. Movies like Kaaviya Thalaivan, Cuckoo, Thangameengal, Oonaayum Aattukuttiyum sounds good on paper, but these movies will test the patience of the common viewer.

balaajee
2nd December 2014, 04:29 PM
Is it better Lakshmi R lies, and say the movie is good? This is one of the bad things about cinema, the glorification and the fake respect, that people shows sometimes is disgusting. I hate when cine celebrities praise a stupid a movie. There is no need to act like being in a nursery any more. Just tell it straight forward.

I would never watch a movie like Kaaviya thalaivan. It sounds to boring to average viewer like me. Movies like Kaaviya Thalaivan, Cuckoo, Thangameengal, Oonaayum Aattukuttiyum sounds good on paper, but these movies will test the patience of the common viewer.

haven't watched, kaaviya Thalaivan...but Oonaayum Aattukuttiyum was a single chase from beginning to end & it didn't even had a flashback portion..i felt it was FAST & ENGAGING...

interz
3rd December 2014, 06:14 PM
Arima Nambi - Watch it thambi.

Definately worth the watch. This is one of the movie where Vikram Prabhu impressed me. I thought Priya Anand were gonna be rescued at the end (watched too many cilcheed cinema),thankfully she has screen time in whole 2nd half. Kamalhaasans "little brother" JD Chakravarthy done a neat job too as the villain. This movie has no comedy, which werent needed either, but it had songs, that weren't needed either. Sorry Drums Sivamani, your debute is far from impressive. Anand Shankar deserves a pat for making this racy edge of the seat thriller.

ajaybaskar
6th December 2014, 01:11 AM
Ra

A very decent attempt. Only wish the second half was as engaging as the first half. But still, I will recommend it for the genre that has been rarely touched in TFI.

Mr.GreyShirt
8th December 2014, 07:47 AM
Watched Aarambam again and realized I still do hate this movie. An ex anti-terrorist member is trying to expose a scam of faulty bulletproof jacket which resulted in the death of his partner and many of his squad members by killing 100's of police officers and terrorizing innocent civilians including a baby.... Oh and even after attempting to cold-bloodedly murder Arya's girlfriend, Arya still wants to help him because you know, underneath all that he is still a good person...:facepalm:

Anban
9th December 2014, 12:09 AM
Manasaatchi illaama review pannaatheenga .. though the execution was not top notch, kaaviya thalaivan is a very laudable effort. I enjoyed the movie. Second half was very gripping. Acting was excellent. It does falter as a period movie. But excels in parts. For a Tamil movie, it is a must watch.

the movie might seem to be "modern" for a period movie .. but some elderly people are over influenced by the "kaanatha kaanagatheyy" stereotypes .. this is a fiction .. nothing to do with real life figures, though there might be some inspirations .. casting is good .. music is good.. bgm was unnoticed - blend well with the scenes .. for the first time ever, ARR has helped a movie that otherwise could have gone unnoticed..

must appreciate siddarth for pulling through such a project.. Prithviraaj and Nasser were excellent .. vasantha balan is trying .. this is much better than Aravaan, which was over amateurish .. we have to encourage such directors .. not everyone is well read and researched like Kamal .. i guess vasantha balan lacks the literary and technical support in his circle .. athellaam irunthuchunaa, he will do much better ..

"sudraa drohi .. sudraa drohi .. " was a brilliant scene.. the climax scene between siddarth and prithvi was also good.. the end was unconvincing ..

Siv.S
9th December 2014, 04:43 PM
+1 Anban, with such a backdrops and a predictable story line what vasantha balan succeeded was no irritating presentation throughout, IMO (say a irritating experiment like Irandam ulagam) There are lot of could have been better scenes though

He didn't achieved to translate on screen to audience that how prestigious the ராஜாபாட் was for drama artists, the emotion is missed, i understand that he tried to avoid lengthy drama scenes, at the least he should have kept one full drama scene in the starting, Alli arjuna song was tailor made for that... the song explains a story, disappointed that he didn't used that song fully, mostly the "completeness" and "clarity" is missing in many scenes other wise a pleasant watch thoroughly

ARR :bow: :bow: :bow: Prthviraj :thumbsup:

SoftSword
9th December 2014, 05:11 PM
watched KT and liked it..
not an AhA OhO stuff... aarppaattam illaama fluenta irundhadhu...
I expected more drama as well and as siva said the alli arjuna shd have been dealt as a drama completely..
the yarumilla song was a bit misplaced, could have been placed some 10 mins after.. after when vadivu unites with kaali.. perhaps the VB knows what he was doing..
did not concentrate entirely on the BGM.. but could notice some nice cues... I liked the way that it was not overpowering the scenes..
a win for VB maybe.. not sure how the movie will fare financially... flop to below average I suppose..

SoftSword
9th December 2014, 05:16 PM
btw, who the accident aana ambassador mouth keroine..?
even VB could not tolerate her and killed her halfway..

ajaybaskar
9th December 2014, 05:39 PM
Anaika Soti, an RGV find.

Mahen
9th December 2014, 05:46 PM
:lol: yeah she looked weird..btw welcome back softy.. :D

SoftSword
9th December 2014, 08:33 PM
hi mahen..
any updates on tammu?
as you know well, my dear sammu has become a vaazhndhu ketta jameendhaar..

ajaybaskar
9th December 2014, 08:37 PM
Tammu doing a Rajesh M film with Arya

rsubras
10th December 2014, 03:40 PM
enakkenammo KT padathulaye (female ppl la) Anaika soti mattum than good casting maathiri irunthathu.... 1920s heroine look...

and @ anban - kaayatha kaanagathe lam expect pannale..... (though i have to admit i got spoiled by many of the drama scenes in Sivaji sir films)..... but Siddharth RDB (Rang de basanti) la convincing ah iruntha alavukku kooda ithula illa...though that is kind of understandable..... I think that character required a different kind of personality.....

interz
11th December 2014, 01:34 AM
Transformers - Age of Extinction (on blu ray)

Do I give an F about the story is waferthin? No
Do I like the explosions and action? Hell Yes.
Would I watch the movie again? Duh, no doubt.

I heard rumour about Transformers 5, not sure, but hope it will happen.

Bipolar
11th December 2014, 04:27 AM

...This is one of the bad things about cinema, the glorification and the fake respect, that people shows sometimes is disgusting. I hate when cine celebrities praise a stupid a movie...

Hey! Be careful!

If we all followed the same principle, 95% of Kollywood's directors, actors, etc. would be totally unemployed...

interz
19th December 2014, 01:30 AM
Guardians of the galaxy - Kick*** movie of the year.

Watched the movie on bluray very apt quality for this kind of movie. The major plusses for the movie are action, graphics, music and comedy. Good to see Marvel take a comical dig at superheroes. There are many unfamiliar names in the movie, I do recognize: Glenn Close, John C Reilly, Bautista and the girl from avatar poor her, she is beautiful in real. Ratchet and Groot were my favourite characters in the movie. I cant wait till they will release Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

Mr.GreyShirt
19th December 2014, 03:54 AM
Gone Girl - Best movie I have seen this year. Such amazing acting. Yes, even Tyler Perry did a great job. It is a very long movie but the screenplay is so well written you don't feel bored at all. This is a must watch for anyone looking for something different.

k_vanan
19th December 2014, 04:37 PM
Pisasu- one of the best horror movie but look like myskin borow story from some short films :)

But screenplay & BGM make this 2 hour movie with right mix of shocking, comedy, sentimental & twist :thumbsup:

Cinemarasigan
19th December 2014, 05:01 PM
Pisasu- one of the best horror movie but look like myskin borow story from some short films :)

But screenplay & BGM make this 2 hour movie with right mix of shocking, comedy, sentimental & twist :thumbsup:

Thanks for the review K_V. Looking forward to watch this one..

thala
20th December 2014, 02:57 AM
Watched a french film called "Serial (Bad) Weddings" - superb comedy film...it's a runaway smash hit here in europe.
Watched back to back "Gone girl" and "Prisoners" - both very good made films. The latter is a bit more dark and intense.
This year the tamil movies I enjoyed most: VIP, Veeram, Naan sigappu manidhan (except flashback), Thegidi, Arima Nambi and Jigarthanda. But 2015 line up of movies are :smokesmirk:

mappi
20th December 2014, 03:06 AM
Thala,

I didn't know that some are interested in French Comedies - the Original title is 'Qu'est-ce qu'on a fait au Bon Dieu'. Its an expression (French language has loads and loads of expressions that suit the suituation, but difficult to translate as it will loose its intended meaning). Close I can get is - "What did we do to deserve this, my lord or god". Now you can relate it with the parents and their .... LoL. I don't know how the translated version seemed, but the original one was hillarious.

For English thriller this year, try to watch Nightcrawler. Should revive the Hollywood thread, soon.

Mr.GreyShirt
20th December 2014, 04:08 AM
For English thriller this year, try to watch Nightcrawler. Should revive the Hollywood thread, soon.

I second that.

faithiu11
21st December 2014, 07:34 AM
Pk-masterpiece...must watch..aausual aamir is brilliant..anushka is good...the feel hirani movies gives are unmatchable....dont miss it...gonna watch it again

Nasc
21st December 2014, 11:31 AM
Guardians of the galaxy - Kick*** movie of the year.

Watched the movie on bluray very apt quality for this kind of movie. The major plusses for the movie are action, graphics, music and comedy. Good to see Marvel take a comical dig at superheroes. There are many unfamiliar names in the movie, I do recognize: Glenn Close, John C Reilly, Bautista and the girl from avatar poor her, she is beautiful in real. Ratchet and Groot were my favourite characters in the movie. I cant wait till they will release Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

chris pratt the lead actor ..was a small time tv actor in parks n recreation series - hit the jack pot with this one n the lego movie

interz
21st December 2014, 11:09 PM
X-men: Days of future past.

Wouldnt rank it as the best X Men movies, but it is very well made visually. X men 2 is still my favourite. Hugh Jackman still kick *** as the Wolverine in this movie. I think Rebecca Romijn Stamos pulled it off better as Mystique than Jennifer Lawrence. I dont know why they use Jennifer Lawrence. Nevertheless there is another X men movie looking forward to called X men: the Apocalypse. :-)

19thmay
22nd December 2014, 08:51 AM
Pisasu - Liked it! Its a sentiment ghost but the way the movie presented was too good. The twist in the climax was nice. :thumbsup:

Who is the music director? I love that song and all those terrific BGM's.. typical Mysskin's ...

You can definitely watch it

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
25th December 2014, 10:46 PM
Meaghamann - Superb ! Thirumeni Sir :bow: Drags here and there... But still refreshing to see :)

k_vanan
26th December 2014, 04:07 AM
Kayal- above average movie but compare to PS last 2 movie.. I will rate this is the best :)

As usual PS trade mark songs & visual :bow:

mexicomeat
26th December 2014, 06:33 AM
Watched four films

Pk: excellent
Pisasu: excellent
Naigal jakirathai: kodumai
Dumb dumber 2: kodumai

uruzalari
27th December 2014, 07:07 PM
Meaghamann - Liked it. Intense Action film. Felt a bit unsatisfied with the climax. The torture scene was disturbing and I do not realize how this film did not get an A certificate when films like Billa 2 did.

Kayal - Liked it. Specially the first half with all the humour. The love story itself was not very convincing. Of all the Christmas releases I liked this a bit more.

Vellakara Durai - Did not enjoy one bit. I did like parts of Manam Kothi Paravai and some of the comedy in Desingu Raja. But this was a big bore for me. But everyone around me was laughing heartily and I was wondering whether the comedy standards have hit that low or whether I had lost taste for this type of comedy.

Kappal - Liked it. Decent comedy film. A bit too lengthy and the longest of the 4 movies. Some of the comedy rocked.Felt could have been better with more consistency.

A.ANAND
27th December 2014, 08:44 PM
Movie buff sir,bit pada renjekku bittu bitta rasichirikeenga pola..ethukkum kayalla paatu veppom...imman songs ellam pinni irukappla...yen aala paakka poraren song..raja rahman level...

Mahen
28th December 2014, 11:22 AM
Meghamann - not as good as Thdaiyara Thaaka but its stilll worth a watch..magizh thirumeni can be promoted into the big league.. :thumbsup: time to get call sheet of vijay/ajit..
i wonder why producers are stupid these days..3 films released this week clashing with each other..out of 3, one will be a decent hit and the rest average/flop..

interz
28th December 2014, 07:14 PM
Vellakaara Durai- Director Ezhils usual grinder mix

Director Ezhil is like director Hari. He refuses to come out of his comfort zone and try something new. The movie deal with usual for no good guy falling in love with girl who is engaged to Villain, and how the hero gets the girl in the end. Since the movie lacks logic directors added several twists as he wished to justify some scenes. Is there anything good about the movie at all? yes, running time is just 2.10 mins.

Vikram Prabhu: wrong cast, Sri Divya: type cast, Soori: the scapegoat cast. john vijay: sirippu villain cast
D.Imaan: all songs are dissapointing but bgm OK.

I am suprised to read this movie is the winner of Xmas releases, please tell me this is a joke.

ajaybaskar
29th December 2014, 01:55 PM
Meagamann

Finally a director has shown some guts to do a raw action movie in Tamil without any commercial compromises, except for the inclusion of a heroine. The violence is on the higher side but the story demands it and it looks completely justified.

Arya finally gets an action hero avatar and he makes most of the opportunity.

Hansika was needless in an otherwise gripping story. Scenes involving her slows down the tempo.

Music,cinematography are apt and Magilzh Thirumeni lives upto the promise that he showed in TT.

A.ANAND
29th December 2014, 09:37 PM
Watched maan karate in astro vellithirai just now..worst movie..intha padathuukku munnadi linga ellam theiva level..athuvum villan kitta siva vaayilaye methi vaangararu parungga..wow..watta perpamance..villan kaala pudichikittu power star renjikku"dei en pondadiya thirippi kodutudura"innu kathararu parungga.. climax semma kuuttu..hansika visil adikkaranga parungga..close upla antha mogaraya paatha neen setta...athuvum visil adichituu verala vaayila inthu edukura moment,ennamo burger sappittu virala sappi edukira mathiri..ceh..siva intha levellkukku innum rendu padam panna,palayabadi siricha pochuthan...

k_vanan
30th December 2014, 03:22 AM
Watched maan karate in astro vellithirai just now..worst movie..intha padathuukku munnadi linga ellam theiva level..athuvum villan kitta siva vaayilaye methi vaangararu parungga..wow..watta perpamance..villan kaala pudichikittu power star renjikku"dei en pondadiya thirippi kodutudura"innu kathararu parungga.. climax semma kuuttu..hansika visil adikkaranga parungga..close upla antha mogaraya paatha neen setta...athuvum visil adichituu verala vaayila inthu edukura moment,ennamo burger sappittu virala sappi edukira mathiri..ceh..siva intha levellkukku innum rendu padam panna,palayabadi siricha pochuthan...

:lol: sema hit nenaichu nanum record panni 4-5 muyarchi pannen but innum climax varaikum poga mudiyala :)

A.ANAND
31st December 2014, 01:20 PM
K_Vanan sir,i recomend boxoffice channel-la 'pattaya kelappanum'movie paarungga..soori yoda comedy..paaahh..pinnitaru!!!

very gud time pass movie...

k_vanan
31st December 2014, 06:21 PM
K_Vanan sir,i recomend boxoffice channel-la 'pattaya kelappanum'movie paarungga..soori yoda comedy..paaahh..pinnitaru!!!

very gud time pass movie...

Now days can't stand with his comedy... Very repeatative & boring but Watch few comedy clipping from PKP with muthu kaalai really entertaining. Will watch :)

interz
31st December 2014, 08:08 PM
Kappal - need to repaired.

Movie is about a guy and his friends, how friendship ruins love and how friendship unites love.

Works/not to be fixed: some comedy scenes in 2nd half, a movie you dont have to watch with the family (it has become a cliche that u have make movies that whole family can sit and enjoy), creative idea with bad word battle.

Needs to be fixed: length of the movie, screenplay with too many stupid scenes, VTV ganesh is annoying as hell, introduction scenes with childhood memories are too lenghty, bgm songs very poor, few annoying characters, esp the spoiled son who is obsessed with the heroine, police as usual corrupt and violent.

Even though movie is a dissapointment overall, the comedy parts very pretty hilarious, nonstop laugh during those scenes. The director should have worked more on the screenplay and made it less long but with more gripping.

srimal
1st January 2015, 10:45 PM
Meagamann - a very serious action movie... konjam violent.. but I liked it a lot :)

I was surprised to see so many girls in theatre today !! If you can tolerate Hansika, the heroine portions are not so bad.. I felt it was very well made - the low profile release may be due to high violence quotient , but there are a few smile-worthy moments too ..

They still showed the old trailer of Yennai arinthal... and a new one for I

NOV
2nd January 2015, 12:12 AM
Meegaman meaning Captain (of a ship) - a powerful proof of what our directors are capable of, if they are not limited by demands of heroism. Thank god the film was not made with any top heroes, thus what we get is an uncompromised action movie. Felt like watching a hollywood movie. The only compromise was Hansika... :sigh2: but she appears for less than 20 mins. :bow:

Mr.GreyShirt
2nd January 2015, 06:54 AM
I felt meegaman was a little slow at times outside of romance portion. Other than that it was really good. I thought Arya wasn't the best choice for the lead. Something about him as an action hero that doesn't work. It is just my opinion though.

ajaybaskar
2nd January 2015, 09:50 AM
Meegaman meaning Captain (of a ship) - a powerful proof of what our directors are capable of, if they are not limited by demands of heroism. Thank god the film was not made with any top heroes, thus what we get is an uncompromised action movie. Felt like watching a hollywood movie. The only compromise was Hansika... :sigh2: but she appears for less than 20 mins. [emoji144]
True. Hansika being the only compromise.

But if some mass hero had done the film without any additional buildups, it would've done wonders at the BO. Arya looks muscular, tall,etc. But a mass hero has to show the right emotions in his face. Even someone like Dhanush, in spite of being puny, emotes well in such films. Example is the hospital scene in Polladhavan.

balaajee
2nd January 2015, 11:42 AM
True. Hansika being the only compromise.

But if some mass hero had done the film without any additional buildups, it would've done wonders at the BO. Arya looks muscular, tall,etc. But a mass hero has to show the right emotions in his face. Even someone like Dhanush, in spite of being puny, emotes well in such films. Example is the hospital scene in Polladhavan.

+1
one

Mahen
2nd January 2015, 11:48 AM
Agree that magizh thirumeni needs big heros for his films..his efforts will be wasted..

balaajee
2nd January 2015, 11:52 AM
Mahen

Your forecast is happeningபொங்கல் ரேசிலிருந்து விலகும் படங்கள்!
ஜனவரி 14, 2015ல் பொங்கல் சிறப்பாக அஜித்தின் ‘என்னை அறிந்தால்’, விக்ரமின் ‘ஐ’, விஷாலின் ‘ஆம்பள’, கார்த்தியின் ‘கொம்பன்’, மற்றும் சிவகார்த்திகேயனின் ‘காக்கி சட்டை’ வெளியாகும் என தகவல்கள் வெளியானது குறிப்பிடத்தக்கது.
ஐந்து படங்கள் ரிலீஸ் ஆகும் என எதிர்பார்க்கப்பட்ட நிலையில் தற்போது ‘என்னை அறிந்தால்’ ரிலீஸ் ஜனவரி 29 என மாற்றப்பாட்டுள்ளது.
தற்போது ‘கொம்பன்’, மற்றும் ‘காக்கி சட்டை’ உள்ளிட்ட படங்களும் பிப்ரவரியில் எனவும் மேலும் உறுதியான தேதிகள் அறிவிக்கப்படாமலும் இருந்து வருகின்றன.
http://cinema.vikatan.com/uploaded/pongal_2.jpg
இந்நிலையில் பொங்கல் ரேசில் இந்த வருடம் 'ஐ’ படமும் ‘விஷாலின் ‘ஆம்பள’ இரண்டும் மட்டுமே வெளியாகும் என இப்போதைக்கும் உறுதியாகியுள்ளது. இதற்கு ஒரே காரணம் தியேட்டர் மற்றும் ஓபனிங் டே கலெக்*ஷன் என்ற வழக்கம் தான்.
ஒருவேளை ‘ஐ’ , மற்றும் ‘என்னை அறிந்தால்’ இரண்டும் வெளியானால் சிறு படங்களுக்கு தியேட்டர்கள் கிடைப்பது அரிது, அப்படியே மற்ற படங்கள் ஒதுங்கி கொண்டாலும் இவ்விரு பெரும் படங்களும் ஓபனிங் கலெக்*ஷன் பார்ப்பதும் சற்று சிரமம் ஆகிவிடும்.
இதனால் இப்போதைக்கு பொங்கல் ரிலீஸ் ரேசில் இரு படங்கள் மட்டுமே இருக்கும் என எதிர்பார்க்கப்படுகிறது.

Mahen
2nd January 2015, 07:01 PM
Ellame mind games thaan..expected that..i told that YA will never clash with I but some fans were super confident that both biggies will clash thinking that tamil cinema has damn huge market and one man can actually go against market dynamics etc..i am quite surprised how some have changed their opinion after YA was officially postponed.. :lol2: btw ajit and vijay fans, regarding jilla vs veeram, no matter how hard you guys try..both were passed off as average in the BO..if both were released separately, things would have been different..

NOV
2nd January 2015, 07:21 PM
But if some mass hero had done the film without any additional buildups, it would've done wonders at the BO. Arya looks muscular, tall,etc. But a mass hero has to show the right emotions in his face.I disagree. As we speak Tamil film industry is evolving. As much as you may hate it, I am seeing the dying days of heroism as we know it.
Having said that, I still maintain that using a non-mass actor was a brilliant move. Compromises would be made whether you like it or not and eventually you will be seeing the mass hero on screen, not Shiva the character.

Low profile movies have already entrenched in our industry and it's just a matter of time before they take the lead.

Mahen
2nd January 2015, 07:28 PM
I disagree. As we speak Tamil film industry is evolving. As much as you may hate it, I am seeing the dying days of heroism as we know it.
Having said that, I still maintain that using a non-mass actor was a brilliant move. Compromises would be made whether you like it or not and eventually you will be seeing the mass hero on screen, not Shiva the character.

Low profile movies have already entrenched in our industry and it's just a matter of time before they take the lead.

Ajay is correct nov..commercial films like TT and Meghaman needs a big hero..TT went unnoticed and now MEghaman will share the same fate..low profile offbeat films cant be compared to commercial films

NOV
2nd January 2015, 07:53 PM
TT was the talk of town Mahen. I don't know where you live. :P

Just mark my words on the rise of low profile movies.... :boo:

paranitharan
2nd January 2015, 09:32 PM
Ellame mind games thaan..expected that..i told that YA will never clash with I but some fans were super confident that both biggies will clash thinking that tamil cinema has damn huge market and one man can actually go against market dynamics etc..i am quite surprised how some have changed their opinion after YA was officially postponed.. :lol2: btw ajit and vijay fans, regarding jilla vs veeram, no matter how hard you guys try..both were passed off as average in the BO..if both were released separately, things would have been different..

We had a clash last year and we won. The reason why YA had to be delayed is because shooting was done a few days back and the film is not ready yet. If both I and YA clash, it will affect I which needs a good run to recover the cost. I was promoted as Pongal rrlease and they preponed it for the reason that they needed an uninterupted run at least for a few days. If YA was released a few days before I, I team will be in trouble

faithiu11
2nd January 2015, 09:46 PM
Ellame mind games thaan..expected that..i told that YA will never clash with I but some fans were super confident that both biggies will clash thinking that tamil cinema has damn huge market and one man can actually go against market dynamics etc..i am quite surprised how some have changed their opinion after YA was officially postponed.. :lol2: btw ajit and vijay fans, regarding jilla vs veeram, no matter how hard you guys try..both were passed off as average in the BO..if both were released separately, things would have been different..+1...have to accept the fact and move on(reg jilla/veeram)

selvamohankumar
2nd January 2015, 09:58 PM
We had a clash last year and we won. The reason why YA had to be delayed is because shooting was done a few days back and the film is not ready yet. If both I and YA clash, it will affect I which needs a good run to recover the cost. I was promoted as Pongal rrlease and they preponed it for the reason that they needed an uninterupted run at least for a few days. If YA was released a few days before I, I team will be in trouble

Ha ha.. YA was postponed to save I.. Cool..

faithiu11
2nd January 2015, 09:59 PM

Just mark my words on the rise of low profile movies.... :boo:arun vijay did a fantastic job and it was a decent hit too but wasn't marketed well...wenever i watch it I think it was a tailor made script for vijay....

paranitharan
2nd January 2015, 10:20 PM
Ha ha.. YA was postponed to save I.. Cool..

wish you could read a post that was written in english

ajaybaskar
2nd January 2015, 10:34 PM

NOV bro,

TT was a well made action film which won rave reviews. But it was not a roaring BO success. Someone like Arun Vijay has a very limited market or no market. Imagine this film or Meagamann done by any of the Big 3. Sureshot BB I would say. Yes, we may see only those mass heroes on screen and not Selvam, the driver or Shiva, the undercover agent. But definitely the producers, distributors and theatre owners would be smiling all the way to the bank.

Meagamann, in spite of all these positive reviews, has not been termed as the pick of the Christmas releases by the trade. Its the Vikram Prabhu movie which has been declared the winner. A mass hero as lead would've ensured Meagamann releasing without any competition.

A.ANAND
2nd January 2015, 10:44 PM
Makkal theerpe magesan theerppu..sarakku iruntha audinceikku pidichiruntha avangalle hit aakiduvaanga...YA vantha I ikku vettu..I vantha YA ikku vettu..muttalthana maana vaatham..superstara irunthallum ulaga nayagana irunthallum makkal rejeck pannita oru bookkum panna mudyathu..

ajaybaskar
2nd January 2015, 10:45 PM
And regarding market dynamics, nothing has changed much. Small movies, movies by Naalaiya iyakkunargal getting attention is a welcome change. But that doesnt and will not affect the business done by mass hero movies. Both are mutually exclusive.

For mass hero films, the heroes ensure that they pull the crowd to the halls for the first few days and then the WOM takes care of the sustaining. Best examples are Anjaan and Kaththi. Both films were sold out in the first weekend purely on the merits of the actors and directors. And since Kaththi got better WOM, the crowd kept coming for a while but Anjaan toppled from the immediate Monday.

CEDYBLUE
2nd January 2015, 11:36 PM

That's possibly the best explanation.

All 3 movies claimed a Pongal release until as late as the 31st of December, 2014. Everyday print and electronic advertisements were a proof to this. Eventually one backed out. Hard to believe that the makers were claiming a pongal release, barely 15 days before the festival, having not completed the movie.

Arragesh
3rd January 2015, 12:43 AM
Yep there was a belief that YA will release right on Pongal when teaser released on Dec 4 with news that 1st editing in process and only a week of patch work is left to complete. But shoot continued till last week of Dec and there is a delay in Audio release and movie is yet to be censored. Considering all these we can assume that last schedule is main reason for postponement.

But they would have definitely considered clash and market divisions.

To me Clash between biggies is not good for TFI anytime.I had this same position when there was touted clash between Kaththi and I too.
Please. See:
Postponing release doesn't mean fear. After all it is just business.

Arragesh
3rd January 2015, 12:46 AM
I personally expected YA during pongal even 1 week before or after would have been good.

I have already planned my leaves during that time.[emoji20]

Nevertheless I can enjoy I and Ambala

Dilbert
3rd January 2015, 03:24 AM
Meegaman meaning Captain (of a ship) - a powerful proof of what our directors are capable of, if they are not limited by demands of heroism. Thank god the film was not made with any top heroes, thus what we get is an uncompromised action movie. Felt like watching a hollywood movie. The only compromise was Hansika... :sigh2: but she appears for less than 20 mins. :bow:

So 2005 Bollywood recycled material !! But for Damil Audiences this is New ya I agree !! It is "OK" Movie,

I Would like to recommend you watching "Sarkar" If you have not watched it already. or Ab tak chappan (My Fav hero's movie ya)

interz
3rd January 2015, 04:12 AM
Pisasu - tribute to ghosts

A very good movie about ghosts, in this year that has been dominated by ghost movies. I used to wonder what if Mysskin made a movie about ghosts, how scary it would be like, but i didnt expect a reverse take on ghost movies. The cast is very good, Naga, Prayaga and Radharavi are convincing in their roles. As usual silence speaks more in his movies than sounds, and the camera work is great as usual in Mysskin movies. A major pillar of the movie is BGM and the song sung by Uthara (unni krishnans daughter) by Arrol Correlli. Esp the violin solo in climax was very touching.

Mahen
3rd January 2015, 05:54 AM
And regarding market dynamics, nothing has changed much. Small movies, movies by Naalaiya iyakkunargal getting attention is a welcome change. But that doesnt and will not affect the business done by mass hero movies. Both are mutually exclusive.

For mass hero films, the heroes ensure that they pull the crowd to the halls for the first few days and then the WOM takes care of the sustaining. Best examples are Anjaan and Kaththi. Both films were sold out in the first weekend purely on the merits of the actors and directors. And since Kaththi got better WOM, the crowd kept coming for a while but Anjaan toppled from the immediate Monday.

superb explanation..

Novji inthan unmai..that 'rise of small films' is only within its market..big actors have the pull factor and you have to accept that..

Mahen
3rd January 2015, 06:21 AM
I personally expected YA during pongal even 1 week before or after would have been good.

I have already planned my leaves during that time.[emoji20]

Nevertheless I can enjoy I and Ambala
i admire Vishal :lol2: evalo adi vaganalum, steady-ya irukan..even after consistently delivering flops after flops, he still wants his films to clash with the big ones

Dilbert
3rd January 2015, 06:33 AM
i admire Vishal :lol2: evalo adi vaganalum, steady-ya irukan..even after consistently delivering flops after flops, he still wants his films to clash with the big ones

HE has strong one (I mean financial background) mahen garu! Question unga vettu naaikku kudea oru Hub ID unda? I really miss following that naughty fellow, How is he doing ?

selvakumar
3rd January 2015, 07:12 AM

At last a sensible post. Better than holy cows and purported neutrals.

selvakumar
3rd January 2015, 07:14 AM

Nov,

I am going to quote this and keep it. You mentioned this to me in 2006/2007. Seven years have passed. Let us meet with the same quote in 2021. :)