PDA

View Full Version : Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16

HonestRaj
29th May 2014, 10:33 PM
Great songs though. My favourite is the song by the three jaambavaans.

I didn't concentrate much on songs.. but i remember one by TR Mahalingam & Seerkazhi Govindaraj... who is the third one?

VinodKumar's
30th May 2014, 01:25 AM
Yamirukka Bayamaen . Genuine comedy movie after Kalakalapu barring few double meaning dialogues ....

NOV
30th May 2014, 05:03 AM
I didn't concentrate much on songs.. but i remember one by TR Mahalingam & Seerkazhi Govindaraj... who is the third one?

S. Varalakshmi.

http://youtu.be/V5Vd-rmlivA

Arvind Srinivasan
30th May 2014, 06:16 AM
^ Awe inspiring song with an equally enviable ensemble of singers....:bow:

ajaybaskar
30th May 2014, 11:36 AM
Manam (Telugu)

Barring a few cliches, the film is genuinely good. This Vikram Kumar is a promising guy if you remove Alai from his track record. Nagarjuna is growing younger by the day.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

NOV
30th May 2014, 05:20 PM
^ Awe inspiring song with an equally enviable ensemble of singers....:bow:petite seergazhi drowns out others completely when singing together. :)

uruzalari
31st May 2014, 06:48 PM
Poovarasan PeePee .....Loved the film. Hope it gets the attention it deserves

HonestRaj
1st June 2014, 11:16 AM
Naan Sigappu Manithan (Vishal)
not bad, watchable once
now vishal starts selecting underplayed action scripts & this suits him better

HonestRaj
1st June 2014, 11:19 AM
vaai moodi pesavum
- a different try by the director
- boring film
- spoofs or jokes are "sirippe varalai" type
- director is still in the short film syndrome
- Nazriya :)

k_vanan
1st June 2014, 02:58 PM
vaai moodi pesavum
- a different try by the director
- boring film
- spoofs or jokes are "sirippe varalai" type
- Nazriya :)

Very clean movie but yes siripu varalai.. Robo shanker too much irritating.

rachel
5th June 2014, 03:44 PM
i just finished watching 'yaarmirukka bayamey'. it was scary and at the same time it was funny too.unbelievable story though.usual haunted house and ghost,

but enjoyable,scary music made me jump with terror every time i heard it.

VinodKumar's
5th June 2014, 03:53 PM
vaai moodi pesavum

same pinch.

hattori_hanzo
5th June 2014, 10:48 PM
Naan Sigappu Manidhan (2014)

Fairly interesting revenge story. For Adults only! Rape+Violence+Revenge are what brings it closer to Rajini,SAC's NSM (1985). Otherwise it looks more like Pandiyanadu-2. Only thing that differentiates this movie from regular revenge drama is narcolepsy. Yet another disorder for producers to make money. But both the director & Vishal have made sure audience doesnt get bored watching the lead man fall each time.
Vishal is getting better in each film. Remarkable improvement in emotions and dialogue delivery. Its nice to see him play the angry young naive man again, after Samar and Pandiyanadu. Jayaprakash's wish and the way his daughter fulfill's it are weird. Even the twists in the 2nd half are somewhat believable, when compared to this. Villains who are menacing in the beginning get weaker as the film progresses. Addition of the main weak villian, in the second doesnt help. Climax is somewhat similar to Sundarapandian.

mappi
6th June 2014, 04:00 PM
Poovarasan PeePee .....Loved the film. Hope it gets the attention it deserves

Liked the movie too. But was a bit let down the way the film wanders here, there & everywhere and again trying to get back on track. Felt that it lost its charm by doing so. The film had an interesting opening, a kind of Enid Blyton-ish mystery, only here the crime is a bit nasty. The 3 lead kid artisit did a great job, well all the kids who participated in the movie did a great job. The music is the main element that grips you with the visuals. I noted 2 extrodinary pieces - one while they help the Iron-Man to drop the clothes, second while a character is tied up and tortured (non-violently though). There were so many wonderful BGM throughout the movie. The music is by Aruldev (www.aruldev.com). Hope he gets recognised.

Where the film stammers is with the triangular love and 2 episodes on friendship breaks. They were quite stretched and long. All the mystry parts were engaging. They could have avoided the gore towards the end. Until then the film was neat, and thanks to Goli Soda, the film makers are motivated to include such scenes in films invloving kids. The Sathukku Bootham & Communinal Riot were funny. Also I liked the whole idea behind the Radio and the day to day limitless items that can be transformed to better use by simply applying a bit of science to them. Casting was great, eventhough Kali was not seen much. Basically I would have loved to see the kids VS Bad Guys, what they do parallely - kids trying to unearth the mystry while the bad guys trying to keep the mystry buried. It would have been more fun.

Poovarasan PeePee : Pasionate PeePee

uruzalari
7th June 2014, 10:18 AM
Manjapai - Turned out exactly like what I had expected it to be. Somehow liked it despite melodramas, cliches and the 90s feel. Rajkiran's performance was superlative.

Un Samayal Arayil - Looks classy and all but was uninteresting for the most part. Worked in parts part for me.

balaajee
9th June 2014, 12:28 PM
Manjapai - Turned out exactly like what I had expected it to be. Somehow liked it despite melodramas, cliches and the 90s feel. Rajkiran's performance was superlative.

Un Samayal Arayil - Looks classy and all but was uninteresting for the most part. Worked in parts part for me.

but other than Rajkiran part rest were some what irritating especially VIMAL...Wedding/funeral same dialogue delivery....

Russellyhd
9th June 2014, 05:23 PM
watched 'Tamil padam' on another day.. got to knw tat actor satheesh was introduced in tis film :) ..

NOV
11th June 2014, 06:57 PM
Manja Pai - a movie made to tug at your heart-strings with all the usual cliches. Full exploitatation of Raj Kiran, who acts flawlessly, and is the only worthwhile factor in the movie.
Vimal is a total waste of an actor and I think even Vishal would have done better. Heroine is ugly, but being Vimal's favourite, manages to get the role again.
First half hour is sheer torture until Raj Kiran steps into Chennai, literally with a bang. From them on its just his and his alone, show.
May impress today's generation, but people like us have been there, seen it all. :)

Watch for Rajkiran, but be prepared for a cliched, boring climax.

Cinemarasigan
11th June 2014, 07:09 PM
Manja Pai -

Heroine is ugly, but being Vimal's favourite, manages to get the role again.

You mean to say Lakshmi Menon is ugly? Thought she is tolerable...
not heard anything about her being favourite of Vimal...

NOV
11th June 2014, 07:29 PM
You mean to say Lakshmi Menon is ugly? Thought she is tolerable...
not heard anything about her being favourite of Vimal...oh no Karthik..... you must keep yourself more well-informed. :)

ajaybaskar
11th June 2014, 09:25 PM
Vimal linked with Lakshmi Menon? News to me. He was linked with Oviya and Bindhu Madhavi. Lakshmi menon was linked with Vishal.

Russellyhd
12th June 2014, 09:39 AM
Vimal linked with Lakshmi Menon? News to me. He was linked with Oviya and Bindhu Madhavi. Lakshmi menon was linked with Vishal.

lakshmi menon was linked wit sasikumar also

Cinemarasigan
12th June 2014, 10:05 AM

Yeah... I think Nov Annan got confused between Vimal and Vishal...

ilekani
12th June 2014, 01:01 PM
oh no Karthik..... you must keep yourself more well-informed. :)

Perhaps he considers it beneath his dignity as a grown man.

NOV
12th June 2014, 05:57 PM
Yeah... I think Nov Annan got confused between Vimal and Vishal...Yes sorry, thavaritten :)

hattori_hanzo
14th June 2014, 04:52 AM
Naan Dhaan Bala released today. Reviews are fairly good & Vivek's performance is appreciated by critics.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/naan-than-bala-tamil-movie-review-18330
http://www.moviecrow.com/News/4576/naan-thaan-bala-review
http://www.onlykollywood.com/naan-than-bala-movie-review/

19thmay
16th June 2014, 10:35 AM
Mundasupatti - Yaarum indha padam innum pakalaya... dont miss it! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :lol:

balaajee
16th June 2014, 01:46 PM
Mundasupatti - Yaarum indha padam innum pakalaya... dont miss it! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :lol:

முண்டாசுப்பட்டிக்கு கிடைத்த ரஜினியின் பாராட்டு! (http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/news/rajini-praises-mundasupatti-203554.html)

uruzalari
16th June 2014, 02:52 PM

Saw it and liked it...... Konjam dragging at times......but interval and climax really good.

mappi
19th June 2014, 07:20 PM
Mundasupatti [2014 : Tamil : 2h20m : Humour (Rom-Com, Fantasy)]
Written & Directed by Ram Kumar
Adopted from a short film of the same name filmed by Ram for Nallaya Iyakunar Season 2

Produced By C.V. Kumar (you are awesome man)
Music : Sean Roldan
Cinematography : P.V.Sankar
Editing : Leo John Paul

Banner : Thirukumaran Entertainment

Starring : Vishnu, Kaali, Ramdoss, Nandita & others along with Anand Raj

Mundasupattians suffers from photogophobia, simply put fear of having their picture taken. Apart from that, Mundasupatti has a middle name - Superstition. The fear & superstition gathered from few events during the post-independence time was passed on from generation to generation until the present day, year 1982. The villagers beloved God Vana Muni turns to be a certain big value, which the Komalapatti Jameen eyes upon; he also accounts to a few failed thieving attempts. Gopi and his assistant Azhagumani hold a still photo studio in a nearby town. They are hired by the Mundasupattians to take the final snap of their village leader who is on his death bed. A bit reluctant and impatient in the beginning, Gopi decides to stay in the village until the D-Day(read Death Day) arrives, the main reason being Kalaivani, the 'house-girl' with whom he had gained a ‘love-at-first-sight’ jackpot. An unexpected photo-shoot-incident, put them as prisoners in the village. Even though under ‘village-arrest’, Gopi seems to be happi, as he could be close to Kalalivani. But his joy short lives when Kalaivani's marriage is arranged to another localer. Gopi & Azhagu, taking the advantage of the superstitious villagers, plot to move the ‘God-idol’ from the temple to stop the marriage. The successful duo can be proud as the marriage gets staled, but their gladness sinks when the misplaced idol disappears. When the villagers come to know their ‘evil-plan’ for love, all diapers explode into an amazing finale which would surely stretch your lips from ear-to-ear.

The films main forte are the well sketched characters. The dialogues and the speechless moments are well co-ordinated which provokes laughter at a steady mileage. All the villagers are newbies that makes the whole village set-up and their behaviour quite believable. Even though so many things happen in the movie, the film advances only with 3 characters which is not only neat, but are hilarious too - Gopi played by Vishnu, Azhagumani essayed by Kaali and Romdoss as Muniskanth [extrodinary performence by Ramdoss]. The slapstick comedy works out well - whether its during romance or a chase or a life & death situation, they have executed it with items on the foreground. With that try, they have succeeded a lot - most credits goes to the director and the rest should be shared with the artists.

I enjoyed all the branches in the story :

- Post independence photogophobia
- Vana Muni Episode
- Mundasupatti Village events - festival & Photo session
- Komalapatti Jamen Cat story
- Muniskanth
- Crime plot by a villager to kill his wife => this one was hillarious
- The Poojari Story
- Theft of Vana Muni
- Climax => LoL
- End Credits

Vishnu, Kaali and Nandita have done an impressive job. Nandita was pretty and all her expressions are solid, esp. rolling the eyes and moving the lips at the same time. It was amazing to watch her do that. Kaali was more energetic than Vishnu. His timing and measured dialogue delivery increases the tickles by few counts. The best part is, he travels along with Vishnu, and his presence is at its fullest, excellent role. Vishnu, I have not seen him around for a while, transforms to Gopi-the photographer. There are few chances for him to perform and he uses them quite well. Ramdoss is the show stealer. His voice and his body language are interesting to note. The village & town market set-ups are good. The scenery is pleasant, and adding it with white villagers attire draws in the needed beauty. The Bike gets a special mention along with the kid who acts as Nandita's Brother. Anand Raj does a comeo as the Jameen. He is still in form - its quite nice to watch him again. The side Kicks were funny. Costumes were great.

The film did not give me ample time and space to get the music. There were so many things occupying a scene, that music became a part of it. Out of few moments where I had a chance to hear the melody, I could say that Sean Roldan had modernised the sounds of the 80's. It was like how ARR gave modernity to the village backdrop and IR stayed authentic. Sean Roldan's work in Mundasupatti is somewhere in the middle and was amazing. Sometime back I had posted a song sung & composed by Sean Roldan - "Mayakura Poovasam". The songs sound more like its accompaniment. But the BGM score is entirely different from "Close the Mouth and Talk". The theme-music is naughty and teasing and is played at catchy intervals which is just awesome. Another promising and original composer that I am placing after my favourite musician Santosh Narayanan.

Even though the casting is apt, I felt that few more prominent faces and artists could have elevated the movie. For ex: Arul Das as the guy who lives outside the village or the artist who says "Karuppan Kusumban, 1/4 Kekuran" from VPVS as the villager who wants to get rid of his wife ... so on so forth. They could have nailed themselves into the role. There are few scenes that are dragged without purpose and many silent moments which take away the interest then and there. And yes, short-film syndrome can be felt in this feature film also. Too much precision tests one's patience at times. Should have avoided the Sherlock Holmes styled Slo-Mo Jameen escape attempt, puts a mark on the so far original attempt. Following Rummy, the ‘death-house’ humour does not click, but the song was funny though.

Ram Kumar has organised a field trip of humour in and around a fabulous village called Mundasupatti, don't miss it.

Mundasupatti - Magicube

uruzalari
19th June 2014, 10:43 PM
Vadacurry - was watchable .... most of RJ Balaji's so called jokes in the first half did not entertain me .....second half was slightly better

mappi
20th June 2014, 02:22 AM
Naan Dhaan Bala released today. Reviews are fairly good & Vivek's performance is appreciated by critics.

Nothing much to say about the movie, some may like it.
IMO : Vivek, Vadivelu & Santhanam fail to hold your attention with their movies released this year. Waiting for 49-O.

mappi
23rd June 2014, 04:26 AM
Vadacurry [2014 : Tamil : 2H15m : Thriller (Mystery, Suspense, Drama)]
Written & Directed by Saravana Rajan
Music : Vivek Shiva & Mervin Solomon (YSR credited for a song)

Banner : Meeka Entertainment

Starring : Jai, Swathi, RJ Balaji, Ajay Raj, Kasthuri, Arul Doss & others, along with Venkat Prabhu

Satish life is miserable. Surrounded by friends and family who don't take him seriously, but thats all he has got, along with another item, his mobile phone, an outdated model. Even the mobile phone is not quite nice wtih him, it puts him into ‘noisy’ trouble here and there. Not able to afford a fancy phone, Satish has one more worry to be depressed, when an ultimate page tuner happens - he comes across a stranded i-Phone. Hesitant but later, he keeps the phone from himself and enjoys the radical changes it brings in his life, until he is taken over by guilt. He decides to return the phone to its owner and makes that one call, which not only changes his life upside down but washes away all his hopes when one by one his dear and near are pushed towards danger.

The film is not as serious as it should be. Its just a light hearted thriller, where the whole spin in life is taken for granted and presented in a jovial way. It does not stop ticking, even after long romance episodes and its intervention when the movie tries to convert itself to suspense. The mystery is well guarded and there are few interesting moments in the film that can put you in alert mode. The plot is a bit similar to "Yenamo Nadakuthu". When Yenamo Nadakuthu was a bit dry, Vadacurry removes the draughtiness through humour, which certainly makes a mark at several places.

Jai was super. He has got a whole big stunt sequence all for himself, and he does it thoroughly. He is sharp and active throughout the movie. But at places he reminds a lot "Raja Rani - Surya". Swathi does a IAPBK, and can be quite irritating. But along with the situation in which Jai puts himself, her irritation gets funny, pathetic guy ! RJ Balaji sweeps his dialogues in a single motion. His fast delivery and few of his naughty actions are sure laughter. Aruldoss, Kasthuri & "Pey Babu" do an impressive extended cameos. Venkat Prabu shows his face here and there and makes it a point to scold Jai. Ajay Raj gets a gripping role and he plays it well. I liked his accent.

Even though the Saw Movie theme was rehashed during the “Jai meeting the i-Phone” episode, the rest of the BGM were wonderful. Catchy, at the same time elevating the humour in each scene was quite brilliant. Moodar Koodam had a single for a dog, Vadacurry got a song for the i-Phone. A well made song, where the contacts become zombies chasing Jai along with the game villans. That’s my favourite song in the album, and the visuals make sense to the lyrics that I had been wondering since I listened to it the 1st time : "Ullangaiyil Ennaivaithu Ulagai vella ninaithaaye" - a direct menace from a phone ! The rest of the songs were catchy, with a song by Gana Bala which introduces us to everyone in the film. Editing and Camera works get a special mention.

The film tries to search itself, which lands as a big drawback. Even though the editing was crisp, the movie runs forward and backward as though the gear box is jammed, before finding a way, any way, to advance. There are a lot of distractions that cut down shiftiness of the film. Few characters were annoying at places, esp. the villain does not do justice to the 2H suspense when it was torn apart. It was as though the aspect itself is a big joke, just like the movie, I would never know. Apart form few other hic-ups, the movie is thoroughly enjoyable, Jai nails it this time.

For the title, if anyone who is wondering how its related to the movie, check the spoilers if you have watched the movie :

Vadacurry is a dish normally made out of the remaining previous day's masal-vadais in Udipi Hotels. Similarly, these guys are stealing and making "Poli" Medicine from an expired lot.

Would be glad if Jai gets a decent hit through this film, followed by "Thirumanam-Nikha".

Vadacurry : Thirudathey Papa Thirudathey

mappi
26th June 2014, 01:30 PM
BCOOLSTUDIO presents Nattamai (Facebook Version)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m85p2SfhMuc

NOV
26th June 2014, 06:23 PM
:rotfl:

Cinemarasigan
26th June 2014, 06:31 PM
^ Hilarious...:lol:

mappi
30th June 2014, 07:43 PM
(MY) Top 5 Intros in Tamil Cinema

N°5
Avan Ivan Vishal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad1swIKjnxA

N°4
Ravanan Vikram

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRCbeV1kfVw

N°3
Vettaiyadu Villaiadu Kamal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASVVA1gYleU

N°3
Mankatha Ajith

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU38erRgEiU

N°2
Sathriyan Vijayakanth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdYpeTVKP8s

N°1

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/mMmwsLg6hPqwp5uZSIdtKIe2Fa8RUiOKBDGxHw6ntY6LBnhKC4 RYDPyV1xogH1tOyW2-fHrec1fhzFpgW9cz=w426-h240-n

mappi
30th June 2014, 07:44 PM
(MY) Top 5 Awesome 'Transformation' Scenes in Tamil Cinema

N°5
Villan => Elloram pottu Adikiranga Sir.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB1-QG98Dz0

N°4
Amaithi Padai => Mani thaney un Peru.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=606xxLIiF1o

N°3
Annamalai => Intha Naal Un Calender-la kurichi vachi ko

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shw42F7-78c

N°2
Vishwaroopam => Pray Panna vidunga, please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDlQDNb669g

N°1
Basha => Ullay Pooooo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVUqeFssESo

mappi
30th June 2014, 07:45 PM
(MY) Top 5 EPIC scenes in Tamil Cinema

N°5
Inaitha Kaigal aka Hanging Dragons

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFejGLsXWes

N°4
Nan Kadavul aka Janma Karma

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6IstUG6BLQ

N°3
Mankatha aka King Maker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0kEOv1KOso

N°2
Oru Kaithiyin Dairy aka My Son
(Spoiler alert)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2kLjfxhFpQ

N°1
Annamali aka MalaDA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK-i_FAcpoY

mexicomeat
1st July 2014, 02:46 PM
will.i.am worked with our a.r.rehman to produce this english version of urvasi urvasi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuM7hObGjWI

HonestRaj
2nd July 2014, 01:49 AM
Nee nege en anbe
- weak screenplay compared to Kahani
- highlight of kahani is a pregnant lady coming in search of her missing husband.. the very essence of this is missing in NEEA
- forced scenes of kaali madha .. it was very natural in kahani since it happens in kolkata
- overall.. just another film

HonestRaj
2nd July 2014, 01:52 AM
poovarasam pe pe..
- very good attempt by the director
- must watch for school kids

hattori_hanzo
2nd July 2014, 02:53 AM
wow..Urvasi, after all these years...thanks mexicomeat! From 2:53 onwards its exactly the same.

mappi
7th July 2014, 04:25 AM
Arima Nambi [2014 : Tamil : 2h30m : Action-Thriller(Suspense, Crime, Social)]
Written & Directed by Anand Shankar
Music : Sivamani
Cinematography : R.D.Rajasekhar
Edited : Bhuvan Srinivasan

Banner : Kalaipuli Films International

Starring : Vikram Prabhu, Priya Anand, Chakravarthy, MS Bhasker, Arul Doss, 'Karuppan Kusmban', Yog Japee & others.

Arjun's life takes a wrong turn when his blind date transforms into a crime night. He closes in almost towards death while trying to stop his company, Annamika, from being kidnapped by the "mystry-men". The emotional momentum drives him to get her back, which only turns more disastrous. Gaining confidence from "nothing-is-lost-yet" syndrome, he pursues his search for Annamika. What he unearths in the process of escaping her takes a crooked deviation from the initial wrong turn, which almost puts the entire national security behind him. A detailed 'rat-hunt' is run by the efficient police department leading him into the corner of no escape. Now its upto his wits energized by his guts to retaliate sending a strong signal to his trackers that they are not trapping a rodent, but an Arima (Nambi).

Priceless film, just awesome. Anand Shankar has given us a raw Action-Thriller which is convincing. The neat presentaion without over stretching scenes, be it action or romance, is the major highlight of the film. The movie gets fixed to its objective right from the word go, and does not fluctuate at any point of time. An easy to follow execution not only pushes our interests but holds our attention throughout its runtime, well, if you agree to surrender yourself and accept the 'over-the-top' technology usage in the film. Quite a mature take and an unique presentation style - they use the word 'Convoy', how perfect it is. At lot of places I got the same interest that I had while watching the Bourne Series. Dialogues are top notch esp., the conversations between couples are quite authentic. Hats off to the whole team.

Vikram Prabhu is just getting better and better. What he missed in Kumki he covered it in AVM, and now he has filled the gap he had left thru Arima Nambi. Eventhough the first few minutes he is like "height sir-tight sir", when the film picks up, he becomes "height sir-weight sir". He has put in a lot of energy and spontaneity in this film. He just does mind to fall down, get up, run, fall down, jump - a lot of physical effort has been put by him, that makes the character beleivable. But still he has got a long way to go, for instant he has to again check on his delivery and voice modulation. He seems to be quite mono toned. Many places his expressions does not suit his voice. Moreover eventhough he looks tough enough he is not yet capable of bringing it on screen, he looks too soft. Other than that he is awesome. And he got to get his face familiar by atleast doing a couple of movies par year, then he is sure to reach places.

The main element that got me hooked to the movie is that there are some pretty ladies in the film. On top of it, there is a gorgeous belly dance. See its not vulgour, its quite elegant and plesant to see dazzling dames breezing around. Puts a natural color to the scenes. Not much to say about Priya Anand though, except her presence is quite attractive, but she should have put more efforts on performence too. Her close-ups are hicups. I don't know why I confuse her with Pooja Kumar, another awesome lady.

The second element is the casting, a very apt one. Chakravarthy crosses the scenes just with his eyes. MS Bhaker has an awesome cameo - he does a stealth and sneak neck snap. Arul Doss as the local goon was menancing at the same time funny. He actually nails such roles. "Karuppan Kusumban" appears in few scenes and he is just amazing. Yog Japee gives a neat entry at the needed moment, but the way his character is designed does not meet our expectation. He seems to be doing a Unnaipol Oruvan Mohan Lal and this time too gets shot. There is this new guy who comes as a prime side-kick, thought he had a good menancing presence and he carried himself quite well.

Thirdly its the stunt sequences. They were crisp and blow the flame to get the temperature mounting. There is a wonderful alley chase sequence, and the location was great. A bit similar to ... well never mind. Then there is an interesting 'lodge' fight sequence inside trapped corridors and closed kitchen space. All these parts had some extrodinary camera work and editing which maintains the flow. The team has put enormous effort to perfect things, and its quite visible. Finally, its the music, esp. the BGM. Felt it was working so well with the sequences and helped a lot to elevate our interest. The minute and detailed sounds were not missed during the action blocks which puts a realism label onto them. I liked the Belly Dance song.

The last half an hour or so makes you think whether you are watching the events happening in Chennai. Namba valarantha Chennai-ya idhu! It gets transformed into a technology hub and all the tracking system and devices along with thier explantions brings you fingers directly to your chin. Several things happen so fast which allows your eyes to meet the nose. Personally I felt that they could have avoided battering women. There is exactly a scene which I detest - a kick in the stomach. They could have handled it softly just like the murder in the server room. Anyway, everyone gets their pick of violence in films. Apart from few flaws and "battery-downed-toy" moments, Arima Nambi is quite an interesting watch.

Arima Nambi - Pouncing Puma

uruzalari
7th July 2014, 09:39 AM
Mappi,

I enjoyed the film. A doubt....

spoilerr ##

what was the thing about Goa at the start. Did Priya Anand lie to her dad that she will be going to Goa. Or does he know what happened and to avoid the police is he telling that she is off to Goa for a vacation.

spoiler##

littlemaster1982
7th July 2014, 12:00 PM
^^ You can actually hide the spoilers using spoiler tag - [ spoiler]Spoiler[ /spoiler]. Remove the spaces, of course :)

VinodKumar's
7th July 2014, 12:14 PM
Arima Nambi - Cliche but racy screenplay makes it good.

mappi
7th July 2014, 12:26 PM
Arima Nambi : Reply to Movie Buff and others who have watched the film -

The Goa vacation reporting is a staged setup planned & executed by the kidnappers.

When Arjun flees from the kidnappers, they quickly activate Plan B, which includes wiping out all the traces/evidences of the crime, keeping in mind the predictable moves of Arjun :

- Her father was already informed about the kidnaping. Actually there were additional guys with her father in the living room even before everyone arrives to the ECR bunglow. He was thretened to inform so. So the Goa vacation was a cover up planned by the kidnappers.

- The appts gets cleansed, thanks to the inspector for buying them time by leisurely introgating Arjun at the police station.

- The watchman bribed or forced to come in terms with them.

- Video surveilence camera footage is tampered

And the inspector keeps a thrid eye over all this, while monitoring the moments of Arjun by taping his cell phone.

Actually in the 2nd half Arjun does the same/similar moves. He instructs Annamika to make false intentional call, he makes himself predictable to divert the police, he bribes few innocent people as a prey for the chasing cops & finally crossing playing with the actually transmission camera over the cell phone transmission to make the Minister confess.

Arragesh
7th July 2014, 01:45 PM
Watched Saivam last night

Felt like Vikraman is director of this movie :P

I enjoyed the message that they want to convey and Family feel.At a point even we feel like to be part of that family.
Nasser :Bow: whattey body language this character deserves special mention in his career

one line: Watch it if you enjoy family drama

NOV
9th July 2014, 05:19 PM
Simbhudevan sits on the panel of judges in the programme Naalaya Iyakkunar and passes all kinds of comments on directing a film.

And then he directs a film-for-the-garbage-can called Oru Kanniyum Moonu Kalavaaniyum. :banghead:
Easily the worst movie of the year. No saving grace.

VinodKumar's
9th July 2014, 06:38 PM
Simbhudevan sits on the panel of judges in the programme Naalaya Iyakkunar

He is not now.

CEDYBLUE
11th July 2014, 06:13 PM
Arima Nambi

Very good watch. Thrilling right through. Kudos to Anand Shankar for a solid first movie.

Looks like Vikram Prabhu is really starting to find his footing in Tamil Cinema. After looking quite woody in IVM, he is at his flamboyant best in AN. He looks equally menacing and intense in serious scenes too..

Apart from Anand Shankar's solid debut, Vikram Prabhu's assured screen presence is another good takeaway from this movie. Vikram Prabhu looks good for more.

Always loved watching fast-thrillers and will surely find time to watch AN one more time atleast :)

There is one certain, TFU Mannan who gave a pretty bad review for AN and special thanks to him, went with pretty low expectations and got my money's worth.

ajaybaskar
11th July 2014, 06:51 PM
Lol. Even I rely on his reviews these days. :)

Anban
21st July 2014, 12:24 PM
Sathuranga Vettai.. saw a movie in the theatre after a very very long break .. good movie.. excellent acting and casting .. good time pass ..

VinodKumar's
21st July 2014, 12:50 PM
Sathuranga Vettai.. saw a movie in the theatre after a very very long break .. good movie.. excellent acting and casting .. good time pass ..

Super - Paathura vendiyadhu thaan. Nammaku andha Nutty paiya nadipu mela oru kannu :).

ajaybaskar
21st July 2014, 01:25 PM
Nutty namma paya,Vinod

VinodKumar's
21st July 2014, 01:57 PM
Yeah :).

Arragesh
21st July 2014, 02:14 PM
Watched Arima nambi last night

Nice thriller but didn't like much especially in 2nd half where movie was moving towards climax it almost lost grip obviously climax is copied from rudra(bagyaraj movie) looks this director has effect of his master who also writes excellent stories and makes amateur climax

Have to appreciate directors intention to dive into the story than beating around Bush

Verdict - Nice watch

Sent from my LT22i using Tapatalk

balaajee
22nd July 2014, 03:02 PM
Arima Nambi

• Kudos to debutant director Anand Shankar
• Stylish movie with not much peter
• Apt role for VIKRAM PRABHU - " I have nothing to loose"
• Remains of Clint Eastwood movie
• Could have easily chopped 2songs, though visuals was GREAT...
• :clap: for matching HERO - HEROINE height difference...

Anand Shankar :clap:

Anban
22nd July 2014, 03:53 PM
actually guys.. Nutty totally rocked in that movie .. i am so surprised to see that he is a very famous cameraman ... he is a great orator .. ulloor Obama thaan ..

balaajee
22nd July 2014, 04:14 PM
actually guys.. Nutty totally rocked in that movie .. i am so surprised to see that he is a very famous cameraman ... he is a great orator .. ulloor Obama thaan ..

Everywhere Positive talk about NUTTY....

hattori_hanzo
22nd July 2014, 11:09 PM
Nutty (Natarajan Subramaniam) is well known in Bollywood too. In the promo of one of his earlier movies (Milaga or some other), actors from Bollywood including Ajay Devgan spoke few words about him.

VinodKumar's
23rd July 2014, 12:05 AM
Actually he is well known in Bollywood only. Ippo thaan namma ooru pakkam reach aagirukkaru.

hattori_hanzo
23rd July 2014, 12:19 AM
Actually he is well known in Bollywood only. Ippo thaan namma ooru pakkam reach aagirukkaru.

True, he did few Tamil movies in the past which did not work out, like one with Ajith's machaan Richard about 7-8 years back. Cant recollect the name now.

HonestRaj
23rd July 2014, 01:01 AM
that film is "naaLai"

VinodKumar's
23rd July 2014, 11:46 AM
I meant as a cinematographer. His only movie in Tamil as cinematographer is Youth. He was supposed to do Jilla but opted out at last moment due to dates problem.

uruzalari
24th July 2014, 11:35 PM
Thirumanam ENum Nikkah - Full of negative reviews at most places. I kind off liked it except for the initial few minutes and climax.

balaajee
25th July 2014, 12:15 PM
ஆனந்த விகடன் (http://www.vikatan.com/anandavikatan&) - given 52 MARKS.........Sathuranga Vettai

balaajee
25th July 2014, 03:27 PM
சதுரங்க வேட்டை - சினிமா விமர்சனம்
''பணம் இருந்தா என்ன வேணும்னாலும் பண்ணலாம்னா, அந்தப் பணத்தைச் சம்பாதிக்க நான் ஏன் என்ன வேணும்னாலும் பண்ணக் கூடாது?’ என்று திட்டமிடும் ஒருவனின் 'சதுரங்க வேட்டை’ வியூகங்கள்!
சமூகத்தால் விரட்டப்படும் சிறுவன், அதே சமூகத்தை ஏமாற்றும் கிரிமினலாக உருவாகும் ஒன்ஸ்மோர் ஒன்லைன்தான். ஆனால், அதில் தமிழகத்தின் 'வொயிட் காலர் ஃப்ராடு’களைப் புட்டுப் புட்டு வைத்திருக்கும் டீட்டெய்லிங்... அசத்தல்!

http://www.vikatan.com/av/2014/07/mzniod/images/p8a.jpgமண்ணுள்ளிப் பாம்பு, மல்ட்டி லெவல் மார்க்கெட்டிங், ஈமு கோழி, இரிடியம் கோபுரம்... என்று செய்திகளில் கடந்துபோன சம்பவங்கள்தான். அந்த மோசடிகளையே கதைக் களமாக்கி, செஸ் காய் நகர்த்தல் ட்ரீட்மென்ட்டில் திரைக்கதை அமைத்து, இறுதியில் அன்பின் பெருவெளிச்சத்தைப் பாய்ச்சியிருக்கிறார் அறிமுக இயக்குநர் ஹெச்.வினோத். ஒரு மனிதனின் பணத் தேவை எப்படி ஒருவனை ஏமாற்றுபவனாகவும், மற்றவனை ஏமாறுபவனாகவும் மாற்றுகிறது, பேராசைப் பேர்வழிகளை மோசடி மன்னர்கள் எப்படி சைக்காலஜி தூண்டில் வீசி கவிழ்க்கிறார்கள், ஏமாற்றி அபகரித்த பணம் எப்படி நிம்மதியை ஆக்கிரமிக்கிறது என்று 'கேண்டிட் சினிமா’வாக சொன்ன விதம்... பளீர் பொளேர்!
ஹீரோ நட்ராஜுக்கு பணமே பிரதானம். மண்ணுள்ளிப் பாம்பை மருத்துவக் குணம்கொண்டது என்று சொல்லி விற்பது, கேன்சரைக் குணப்படுத்தும் 'அமெரிக்க ஏரி’ நீரை விற்பது, ஈமு கோழி மூலம் கோடிகள் அள்ளலாம் என்று வலை விரிப்பது எனத் தில்லுமுல்லு தகிடுதத்தங்கள் செய்கிறார். எதிர்பாராத ஒரு திருப்பத்தில், தன்னால் ஏமாற்றப்பட்டவர்களுக்குப் பதில் சொல்லியாக வேண்டிய நிர்பந்தத்தில் சிக்கிக்கொள்கிறார் நட்ராஜ். தன் கர்ப்பிணி மனைவி பிணையில் இருக்க, அதுவரையிலான ஃப்ராடுத்தனங்களை மிஞ்சும் மெகா மோசடியைத் திட்டமிடுகிறார். அதில் திடீர் சிக்கல். வில்லன்களிடம் இருந்து நட்ராஜ் மீண்டாரா... மனைவியின் நிலை என்ன... திக்திக் செக்மேட்!
மது, சூது, கள்ளம், கபடம்... என சதா சர்வகாலமும் நெகட்டிவ் வைப்ரேஷன்களுக்கு இடையே, பாசிட்டிவ் அணுகுமுறையோடு நீந்தும் காந்தி பாபு கேரக்டருக்கு, நட்டி செம ஃபிட். கரன்சிகளைப் பார்த்ததும் படபடக்கும் கண்கள், வெளுக்கும் போலீஸிடம் கள்ள மௌனம், பாசம் காட்டும் போலீஸிடம் துள்ளல் வன்மம், காதலின் பிரியம், பிரிவின் துயரம்... என வளமான வார்ப்பு. அதிலும் பதமாக ஆரம்பித்து படபடவென அதிர்வு கூட்டி பாயும் புலியின் சீற்றம் சேர்த்து எதிராளியைச் சிலிர்க்கச்செய்யும் அந்த ஆன்மிக லெக்சர்... செமத்தியான சிக்ஸர். கணக்கில் இதுதான் உங்கள் முதல் சினிமா நட்டி!
http://www.vikatan.com/av/2014/07/mzniod/images/p8.jpgபடத்தின் பெரும் பலமும் பெரும் பங்குக் கைதட்டலும் குவிப்பவை... வசனங்களே! 'உலகத்துல எல்லாமே இருந்தும், உங்களுக்குனு எதுவுமே இல்லைனு இருந்திருக்கீங்களா?’, 'நாளைக்குச் சம்பாதிக்க முடியாதுனு நினைக்கிறவன்தான் சேர்த்துவைப்பான். நான் ஏன் சேர்த்துவைக்கணும்?’, 'குற்றவுணர்ச்சி இல்லாம செய்யுற எதுவுமே தப்பில்லை’, 'நான் யாரையும் ஏமாத்தலை, ஏமாறத் தயாரா இருந்தவங்களுக்கு ஒரு வாய்ப்பு தந்தேன்’, 'உன்னை ஒருத்தன் ஏமாத்தினா, அவனை எதிரியா நினைக்காதே... ஏன்னா, ஒரு வகையில அவன் உனக்கு குரு’, 'அஞ்சு வருஷத்துல தமிழ்நாட்டை சிங்கப்பூரா மாத்திடுவேன்னு சொல்லி ஓட்டு வாங்குறாங்க. ஆனா, தமிழ்நாடு தமிழ்நாடாதான் அப்படியே இருக்கு. இது ஏமாத்து இல்லையா?’, 'ஒவ்வொரு பொய்லயும் கொஞ்சம் உண்மை கலந்திருக்கணும்’, 'நாமல்லாம் முதலாளி ஆக விரும்புற கம்யூனிஸ்ட்’, 'உனக்கு மட்டும் புரிஞ்சிட்டா, நான் வேற ஐடியா யோசிக்கணும்?’... படீர் படீர் என வெடிக்கிறது ஒவ்வொரு துண்டு வசனமும். ஒவ்வொன்றிலும் அவ்வளவு அரசியல்! இடையிடையே, 'பாம்புக்கு 200 மொழி தெரியும்’, 'இளைய தளபதி விஜய்னு பேர் வைப்போமா?’, 'மதுரைக்காரன் என்னைக்குடா கட்டிங்கோட நிறுத்தியிருக்கான்?’ என்று எளிய இனிய நகைச்சுவையும் உண்டு.
கிடைத்த கொஞ்சூண்டு இடத்திலும் அழுத்த முத்திரை பதிக்கிறார் இஷாரா. பெரிய விழிகள், பெரிய கன்னம், மருண்ட பார்வை... என்று முகமொழியிலேயே உணர்வுகளைக் கடத்திவிடுகிறார். தமிழ்த் திரைக்கு ஒரு புது ராணி!
'மொழிப் பற்றோடு’ கட்டப்பஞ்சாயத்து செய்யும் 'சுத்தத் தமிழ்’ வில்லன், 'சிவப்பு நாடா’ நீதிமன்ற நிலுவைகள் ஒரு குற்றத்தைப் பிசுபிசுக்கச் செய்யும் உண்மை, அரசாங்க வளத்தை சூறையாடும் அசகாயத் தொழிலதிபர்கள், பாம்புக்காக மௌன விரதம் இருக்கும் பணத்தாசை வியாபாரி, 'பாதி விலையில் தங்கம்’ என்றதும் 'ஜோஜோ’வெனக் கிளம்பிவரும் 'மாட்டு மந்தை’ மக்கள் என... படத்தின் ஒவ்வொரு நிகழ்விலும் கதாபாத்திரத்திலும் அத்தனை அசல்... அத்தனை அசத்தல்!
அறிமுகத் தோரணைகளுக்குப் பிறகு நட்ராஜிடம் ஒவ்வொரு கேரக்டரும் எப்படியும் ஏமாந்துவிடுவார்கள் என்று யூகிக்க முடிகிறது. ஆனாலும், அது எப்படி என்பதில் கடைசித் திருப்பம் வரை சுவாரஸ்யம் சேர்த்து 'லப்டப்’ எகிறவைத்திருக்கிறது ஸ்மார்ட் ஸ்கிரீன்ப்ளே! பிரமாண்ட செட் இல்லை, அசத்தல் லொகேஷன்கள் இல்லை, பழகிய முகங்கள் இல்லை... ஆனாலும் விதவித ஆங்கிள்களில், வித்தியாச வியூக்களில் கண்களை நிறைக்கிறது K.G.வெங்கடேஷின் ஒளிப்பதிவு.
மூளையை மழுங்கடிக்கும் எம்.எல்.எம் பாலீஷ் பேச்சுகள், ஆன்மிக மந்திரங்களின் போலித்தனம், கும்பலாக ஏமாற ஆள் சேர்ப்பது அல்லது கும்பல் இருந்தால் ஏமாறத் தயாராக இருப்பது, மதுரை கிரானைட்ஸ் அதிபரின் ஆட்டம்... எனச் செய்திகளும் சைக்காலஜியுமாகப் படம் நெடுக உண்மையின் அரசியல்.
http://www.vikatan.com/av/2014/07/mzniod/images/p8b.jpgஷான் ரால்டனின் பின்னணி இசை... சேஸிங் ரேஸிங். படத்தின் பின்பாதியைப் பெருமளவு நிரப்பும் நட்டி - இஷாரா காதல் காட்சிகள், ஈரமும் ஈர்ப்புமாகப் பதிவாக்கி இருக்கலாம்.
ஏமாறியவனைப் போலவே, ஏமாற்றுபவனும் நிம்மதியாக இருக்க மாட்டான் என்று புரிய வைத்த, 'அன்பே சிறந்த ஆயுதம்’ என வலியுறுத்திய, 'மோசடிகளில் இருந்து உஷாரா இருங்கப்பா’ என்று விழிப்பு உணர்வு ஏற்படுத்திய... பல தளங்களில் இயங்கியிருக்கும் இந்த சினிமா, தமிழ்ச் சூழலுக்கு மிக முக்கியமான பதிவு.
சினிமாவின் பேசுபொருளை அடுத்த தளத்துக்கு அழைத்துச் சென்றிருக்கும் செம வேட்டை!

HonestRaj
26th July 2014, 05:18 PM
vadacurry
waste..
1 hr TV serial material.. just like kalaignar tv's saturday night serials of Rajeshkumar

HonestRaj
26th July 2014, 05:20 PM
un samaiyalaraiyil
clean entertainer
feel good film
title song :slurp:

HonestRaj
28th July 2014, 08:34 PM
saivam
- okay movie.. i think, the first original movie from AL Vijay
- little dramatic
- heroine.. beautiful ... < oru perumoochu emoticon add pannunga >

hattori_hanzo
1st August 2014, 01:26 AM
Yaar Nee? (1966)

https://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/862090526.png?1406832750

After watching numerous conjurings, possessions and paranormal activities, a classic Tamil horror movie proved to be a refreshing change. A very spooky and gripping tale sans cheap thrills, CGI or loud music. The film works mainly because of its eerie music, face expressions of lead actors and sets which would haunt you. If only the songs and comedy sequences were removed, it would have been much better. I had to fast forward many such scenes.

+ A very different and engaging plot which gradually unfolds but get revealed only in the last minute (Its a remake of Woh Kaun Thi)
+ A Handsome Jaishankar, dressed in elegant formals, throughout. His expressions make us feel his fear. His portrayal of a brave and confident doctor in the beginning, in contrast to the completely shaken person in the finale, is good.
+ Never seen Jayalalitha so slim in any other movie. With dead pan expressions, she suits the role perfectly.
+ P.S. Veerappa, the producer appears in a cameo and resolves the mystery in the final sequences quite similar to Christie's Poirot.
+ Awesome BGM and sound effects help in building the tension
+ Introduction of several characters to deceive you.

- Comedy track - Veerappan (who later wrote dialogues for many popular Goundamani-Senthil comedies including Udhaya Geetham) appears as a Nagesh look-alike along with Manorama. Though he tries his best to imitate Nagesh, the sequences fall flat - and there are too many of them to test your patience.
- Songs - Except the haunting melody, "Naane Varuven", there is absolutely no necessity to sit through the other songs.
- Its a slow paced movie and might not work for those seeking twists every now and then.
- The second half is stretched & they could have avoided repeating some scenes.
- Some loopholes in logic. And cliched scenes.

balaajee
1st August 2014, 02:43 PM
Anyone Tasted Jigarthanda ?

BM
1st August 2014, 03:44 PM
Jigarthanda, laugh riot :rotfl:

uruzalari
1st August 2014, 05:04 PM
Anyone Tasted Jigarthanda ?

The taste is truly unique....loved it.....

Ramkumar86
1st August 2014, 05:07 PM
Able to see this film with family [Genre is musical gangster]? Thought of going with my parents.

balaajee
1st August 2014, 05:12 PM
The taste is truly unique....loved it.....
Thank you

VinodKumar's
2nd August 2014, 02:53 AM
Jigarthanda - good first half.. Would have been great if second half was also in the same line... Mokka climax..kadaisila idhu gangster movie ah nu doubt vandhuruchu

VinodKumar's
2nd August 2014, 02:57 AM
Pudhupettai is still the latest good gangster movie.

HonestRaj
2nd August 2014, 11:14 PM
Pudhupettai is still the latest good gangster movie.today i saw last 20 mins in Jaya TV.. superb..

ArulprakasH
3rd August 2014, 01:29 AM
Jigarthanda... Easily gets into my favourite list... Karthik and team :claps:

selvamohankumar
3rd August 2014, 09:51 AM
Sathuranga vettai was clean and good.. Naty was pretty good.. Director worked on details to impress..

balaajee
3rd August 2014, 05:52 PM
today i saw last 20 mins in Jaya TV.. superb.. I miss that Dir now

selvamohankumar
4th August 2014, 05:45 AM
Watch Athithi, enough twist and turns to keep u engaged.. watch it at home.. Good attempt..

mappi
4th August 2014, 01:46 PM
Yeah, Athithi is a decent film. Failed casting, bad dialogue exchange and over the top brainy villan disconnects us.
Nevertheless, a welcome genre in TFI and indeed does not disappoint.

A buisness man and his wife are picked by an individual on their vacation trip and slowly the individual manipulates them by taking away anything that belongs to them. When the couple are stranded on the street, its time to retaliate not only to bring back what they lost, but also to find out who and what are the motives of this individual. When they find out, it makes what they lost before as mere toys, as truth can strangle you, taking away the last brethe you have earned and leaving you no less than a corpse.

Adopted from a malayalam cinema "Cocktail", Nandha, Ananya and Nikesh Ram play the principle characters in Athithi directed by Bharathan & team.

Athithi : Nitty-Gritty

ajaybaskar
4th August 2014, 02:08 PM
Both the films were suttufied from 'Butterfly on a wheel'

mappi
4th August 2014, 02:54 PM
Watched Jigarthanda yesterday. It had a small release here and the main release is planned for November (can't pick up the strategy here, anyway ...)

The film was just fabulous. And yes its a great gangster film, if you get the last sentence uttered by the 'upcoming hero'. The likeness over other such/similar films can play a dual role : it can blind one eye, and does not allow the other to appreciate its vision. The film briliantly steps in and out of reality, and is a great boon for movie buffs. There is a pattern in the naration, like it goes steep and when at a point it just pulleys you up. There are several such instances making us experience a "bungee jumping" while watching the film. And some very fine touches everywhere. The casting and the way the drama is produced and unfolds are what that clicks.

An indie-shortfilm maker, Karthik, without any flimy support, dreams to make it big in the film industry, as he is under an impression that talent is what that sells. He is invited by a producer to do a film under his reputed banner, but Karthik's beleif gets shattered when he learns that there are fixed rules that cannot be fixed in this industry. Upon the order of the producer to make a gangster type film with blood & gore, Karthik still wishes to do it in his own way by getting ready an different gangster film. So he travels to Madurai to follow a local goon who is known to be quite violent and merciless. By closely watching the activities of the goon, Karthik, scripts his new gangster film until a moment he is taken by suprise when the goon himself is ready to tell him all the instances that happened in his 'life as a goon', which could make the script even more deadiler and close to reality. Sweet moments in life always are short lived, proved yet again thru Karthik's life, his dream races with Jack & Jill to stumble down the hill when the goon orders him to make the movie only and if only the goon himself is the hero of the film. Thus begins the ACT3, where Karthik masterly makes a never seen before gangster film with the goon as the hero. The aftermaths of the movie release rounds everyone up to a slaping climax, an end quite smashing.

Simha and Siddarth play the dual perfectly. Its Simha as Sethu captures the first half, where Siddarth as Karthik, is just a roaming kite. Their role gets revered in the second half where Karthik takes the batton and Sethu shows his back. Even thier expressions get reversed, like how the agony of a film maker turns to become a hot pot and the ruthless goon becomes 'price-less'. And in both cases, these two artists have performed more than well, esp. during the theatre scene where one is outside and the other is inside. Seeing them giving simultaneous facial movements is a pure joy to watch. Hugging them in the line is Karunakaran. He is the bangle vendor in Madhurai city, as no one would beleive that his attire was altered for filming purpose. I found 'the ghost' & 'sliting the throat' suituations funny. Ambika & Miss Menon do an extended cameo where Miss Menon becomes crucial at a point but Ambika Fades away. Sangili Murugan's back story was warm, a mind voice of anyone dreaming to make a film, not for name or fame, but just a film of their own. And then there is this 'suprise-man', who suprises as the name I have given to him.

Technically the whole crew is brilliant. Santosh gives some astonishing musical pieces throughout the movie that makes you get easily involved in the film. You can find it out just in the opening scene how he had recorded the Malarthum Malaratha song - heard from outside, then from inside. Proves the enormous team work they had put it. Locations, visuals, colors, costumes, scene changes & everything is quite up to the mark. The film teases you with all the known sutituations and masterly cons you with a different output, making it a "different ganster movie" as promised by the film maker Karthik Subbaraj.

Try the grasp all the good moments in the film and its making, I am sure you will not have time to dig into other exisiting negative aspects.

Jigarthanda : Pin (in) the banana

NOV
4th August 2014, 05:36 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-wbXI-KnW128/UvYLCJipYbI/AAAAAAAAjBo/bNlr-Nlh8nE/s1600/Siddharth's+Jigarthanda+First+Look+Posters+(1).jpg

Kartik Subbaraj's Jigarthanda arrives with a lot of expectations, especially after the iconic Pizza.
In fact, he uses the same technique of story-telling here. A whole build-up and the last 10 min twist.
I actually prefered the second half rather than the first.

The hero and heroine of Jigarthanda are Simha and Sidharth, respectively. Hate-the-sight-of-her LM makes yet another appearance. Thankfully, her part in the whole movie hardly exceeds 15 mins. Simha roars while Sidharth meows. Perhaps Kartik should have taken his own advice and used an appropriate actor for the lead role. Sidharth is so unconvincing, and when he acts "local" its side-splitting. :)

Vijay Sethupathi does a cameo. And what a brilliant performance! Perhaps Vijay Sethupathi would have been the ideal lead?

Thankfully there is only one song, and two other quarter ... songs. Santhosh's BGM, as always, is good.

I wonder who did the English sub-titling - using swear words is NOT acceptable!

I am confused - is it a good movie or not? Normally, I will judge by how I feel at the end of the movie - if I feel that I want to watch again, its a good movie. If not, it's not. Perhaps I will watch a second time when it plays on TV soon.....

mappi
4th August 2014, 06:03 PM
An easy chance to note the performence of Siddrath can be found during his intro and his last appearence in the film. Both similar close up shots. If you have noted the variation, then Siddarth takes home the medal.

Forgot to mention, stay during the end credits and depending on the cinema hall you are in, you can see, yes not feel but see the vibration!

And NOV, is that your review ?

NOV
4th August 2014, 06:10 PM
And NOV, is that your review ?Yes it is Karthik. IMO Sidharth spoiled what could have been a great movie.
He should confine himself to romantic roles.
Just imagine Vijay Sethupathi in the lead! He would have given the entire movie a different dimension!

VinodKumar's
4th August 2014, 06:16 PM
The role Vijay Sethupathi has done in the movie is much better than Sid's role. There is no scope for hero in this movie. Actually Simha's role should be taken as lead role.

NOV
4th August 2014, 06:19 PM
The role Vijay Sethupathi has done in the movie is much better than Sid's role. Actually Simha's role should be taken as lead role.I agree 100% with both your statements. :D

mappi
4th August 2014, 06:41 PM
Oh OK NOV.

Well Vijay Sethupathy name was kicking inside me right from the time the movie was announced until I watched the end credits through. But we can settle down with his wonderful cameo - the Bus Foot Board Scene was top notch, along with his lower charming tone "Nalla Irruku Sir"

There is no question about your likeness here. All emotions and connections are welcome, thats the real victory for a film and a valuble accolode for a film maker. The major question that rises here is Sethu Vs Karthik character. Let me not go in detail, but will give another chance to role the movie once again. It was never about Sethu, it was always about Karthik. The last scene is where we learn it - A speechless kid becomes the only spoken one. The movie illustrates how that happened. That is why it becomes a great gangster flick showing the actuality as the body and the mafia following it everywhere as a shadow.

I felt the casting is perfect as Karthik character should be underplayed, beautifully done by Siddarth (and this is the 2nd film out of his 11 films that I have watched, so I am not anywhere near his fanbase compound). Just letting you know what I picked up from the film. I watched the film for the trio - Karthik, Simha & Santosh - and was plesantly surprised to have found the 4th head too.

uruzalari
4th August 2014, 07:07 PM
Actually Vijay Sethupathy was supposed to do Simha's role originally.

NOV
4th August 2014, 07:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxZ3FIpoc_o

Mahen
4th August 2014, 07:39 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-wbXI-KnW128/UvYLCJipYbI/AAAAAAAAjBo/bNlr-Nlh8nE/s1600/Siddharth's+Jigarthanda+First+Look+Posters+(1).jpg

Kartik Subbaraj's Jigarthanda arrives with a lot of expectations, especially after the iconic Pizza.
In fact, he uses the same technique of story-telling here. A whole build-up and the last 10 min twist.
I actually prefered the second half rather than the first.

The hero and heroine of Jigarthanda are Simha and Sidharth, respectively. Hate-the-sight-of-her LM makes yet another appearance. Thankfully, her part in the whole movie hardly exceeds 15 mins. Simha roars while Sidharth meows. Perhaps Kartik should have taken his own advice and used an appropriate actor for the lead role. Sidharth is so unconvincing, and when he acts "local" its side-splitting. :)

Vijay Sethupathi does a cameo. And what a brilliant performance! Perhaps Vijay Sethupathi would have been the ideal lead?

Thankfully there is only one song, and two other quarter ... songs. Santhosh's BGM, as always, is good.

I wonder who did the English sub-titling - using swear words is NOT acceptable!

I am confused - is it a good movie or not? Normally, I will judge by how I feel at the end of the movie - if I feel that I want to watch again, its a good movie. If not, it's not. Perhaps I will watch a second time when it plays on TV soon.....

I fail to understand why LM keeps getting offers :evil:

NOV
4th August 2014, 07:41 PM
I fail to understand why LM keeps getting offers :evil:I was thinking about it too, on the way back. Could surmise only one reason... she is paying to be featured...

Mahen
4th August 2014, 07:43 PM
:lol:....but i always thought shes yuvar type :yessir:

NOV
4th August 2014, 07:51 PM
but i always thought shes yuvar type :o
:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
:rant: :rant: :rant:

VinodKumar's
4th August 2014, 10:59 PM
I fail to understand why LM keeps getting offers :evil:

Lakshmi Menon-nu sollungalaen ... NOV post ah padikirappa yedhukkuda Master ah inga ilukuraaru nu nenachi rendu vaati padika vendi irundhuchu.

She is getting offers because she acts well and lucky heroine !!! Above all I like her :noteeth:.

HonestRaj
4th August 2014, 11:42 PM
She is getting offers because she acts well and lucky heroine !!! Above all I like her :noteeth:.

i think most of her films are profitable

VinodKumar's
4th August 2014, 11:45 PM
Yes even manjappai did decent business

mappi
5th August 2014, 02:19 PM
Au contraire to the below film still, this scene is not at all funny in the film Jigarthanda :

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-6xzSKlk6tRg/U94IkRwLvlI/AAAAAAAAAxE/FpZOKznQJNw/w640-h400-p-k/vlcsnap-2014-08-03-15h18m39s90.jpg

VinodKumar's
5th August 2014, 03:43 PM
Is this not that idly scene ? If yes, i did see audience were laughing throughout the sequence.

Idly venuma, nee solla venam naanae kandu pudichikiraen,sanda potukituirukaanunga kuthuraha vuttutu,Annae naa pannuranae,Siripoli ....

mappi
5th August 2014, 04:18 PM
Yeah, the black humour is excellent. And Simha gives some exellent performence handling the captive, Ambika & his thugs at the same time.
But the captive's fate is what that is not funny.

VinodKumar's
5th August 2014, 04:55 PM
Yeah but the fun was on/around the captive ...he was the focused object in that scene ..

mappi
5th August 2014, 05:04 PM
Yes. Just like the cops doing a GoodCop/BadCop act, they do a MadGoon/PsychoGoon before him. He sits and watches like 'awww'

LoL, just a scene before he shouts "Vangada unga Sethu-va allikitu ponga" ... then during the captivity, he confess to tell everything, but Sethu orders to shut his mouth as he does not want to hear them NOW ...

... Monster Gangster

balaajee
6th August 2014, 01:37 PM
Athithi - TAMIL MOVIE 2014

Moral of the movie- "Want to hook up with someone's wife, do know her husband first"

HonestRaj
9th August 2014, 07:03 PM
Athithi - TAMIL MOVIE 2014

Moral of the movie- "Want to hook up with someone's wife, do know her husband first"

waste film...
another 1 hr serial material dragged for 2 hrs...
in magazines there will be 1 page stories with a twist at the end.. these days most directors are not thinking more than this to make the scenes interesting..
if they want a last 15 min twist, then they should have interesting & engaging first 2 hrs.. instead they keep on dragging making the audience restless

pavalamani pragasam
9th August 2014, 10:06 PM
Watched jikarthanda in the theatre today. The plot is developed in an interesting manner. The mockery of the cinema making and the harsh realities of the industry are enjoyable as also the sustained humour. Fondly recognised all the shooting spots of my city!

joe
10th August 2014, 12:08 AM
Watched 2 Movies

Arima Nampi - Well made , Entertaining .

Velai illa pattathari - Average . இந்த படமெல்லாம் மாபெரும் வெற்றி பெறுதுண்ணா தமிழ் சினிமாவில் எதோ ஒரு பஞ்சம் நிலவுவதாகே தெரிகிறது .

VinodKumar's
10th August 2014, 01:11 AM
Joe, Nov said he can see Sivaji in Dhanush. What's ur take on that?

selvamohankumar
10th August 2014, 01:49 AM

Pathavachitingalae Vinod

hattori_hanzo
10th August 2014, 02:50 AM
Pathavachitingalae Vinod

Lol.

Appa kitta thittu vaangum Odhavakkara in 25/25 movies. Not even Nirandhara Union Leader/Oonam/Uyir Thyagi Chandrasekhar or 'Dipparmentukke Avamanam' V.Gopalakrishnan come close to that.
Please don't compare NT with him :-)

NOV
10th August 2014, 05:13 AM
:rotfl:
I meant that he did what Sivaji did in one scene in Parasakthi.

It doesn't matter what others say, but Danush is very talented.

hattori_hanzo
10th August 2014, 07:01 AM
Danush is very talented.

No doubt about it. He can elevate even an otherwise ordinary movie like '3' with his acting. +1 for his his subtle facial expressions.
Lack of versatility, copying mamanar's dialogue delivery and attempt to woo front bench mahajanagal by picking up these Odhavakkarai characters in every movie is what I don't like in him.
Still, a lot better than his peers.

NOV
10th August 2014, 07:28 AM
Of course, he is a limited-role actor. Guess he knows his limitations and acts accordingly. I don't agree with maamanar copy. :p

joe
10th August 2014, 07:39 AM
தனுசு திறமையாளர் என்பதால் தானே படமே பார்க்கிறேன் . இல்லையென்றால் பார்த்திருக்கவே மாட்டேன் .ஆனால் எதோ புதுசா இருக்கும்ன்னு பார்த்தா ஏற்கனவே தனுஷ் படங்களில் பார்த்த காட்சிகளைத் தான் திரும்ப பார்ப்பது போலிருந்தது . இல்லாத ஊருக்கு இலுப்பைபூ சர்க்கரை என்பது போல வேறு படங்கள் இல்லாததால் இது ஹிட் ஆயிருக்கிறது என தெரிகிறது

selvakumar
10th August 2014, 09:03 AM
Chennai 28 - thanks to Sun tv. Siva rocks.

selvakumar
10th August 2014, 09:09 AM
Original Mappillai - Somehow felt it to be quite boring. Except for Rajini. Amala and Chiru, nothing great.

Wilderness (tamil dubbed) - hmm.. Etho time pass

balaajee
10th August 2014, 09:42 AM
Original Mappillai - Somehow felt it to be quite boring. Except for Rajini. Amala and Chiru, nothing great.

Wilderness (tamil dubbed) - hmm.. Etho time pass watch his son in laws' mappillai you will love this more...

HonestRaj
10th August 2014, 10:26 AM
தனுசு திறமையாளர் என்பதால் தானே படமே பார்க்கிறேன் . இல்லையென்றால் பார்த்திருக்கவே மாட்டேன் .ஆனால் எதோ புதுசா இருக்கும்ன்னு பார்த்தா ஏற்கனவே தனுஷ் படங்களில் பார்த்த காட்சிகளைத் தான் திரும்ப பார்ப்பது போலிருந்தது . இல்லாத ஊருக்கு இலுப்பைபூ சர்க்கரை என்பது போல வேறு படங்கள் இல்லாததால் இது ஹிட் ஆயிருக்கிறது என தெரிகிறது

100% :exactly:

HonestRaj
10th August 2014, 10:27 AM
No doubt about it. He can elevate even an otherwise ordinary movie like '3' with his acting. +1 for his his subtle facial expressions.
Lack of versatility, copying mamanar's dialogue delivery and attempt to woo front bench mahajanagal by picking up these Odhavakkarai characters in every movie is what I don't like in him.
Still, a lot better than his peers.

100% :exactly:

HonestRaj
10th August 2014, 10:28 AM
single take lengthy dialogue.. thalaivasal vijay kooda gokulathil seethai padathula pannuvapla... :mrgreen:

rachel
12th August 2014, 12:53 PM

that's what i felt when watching vip, not bad, but there is nothing new.. dhanush's done a very good job though and the movie tells a very good message

Avadi to America
12th August 2014, 09:25 PM
Watched raanjhanaa yesterday.
Dhanush is extremely good for the character and his hindi diction is convincing....though he has done such characters in tamil but still quite relishing. This guy is one we can look for among his peers.

I did not like much the VIP movie... but my wife liked it....

so far my pick of the year movie is JIGARTHANDA as SIMHA.

Planning to watch ANJAAN this week.... lingusamy enna kodumai panni irrukarooo

balaajee
13th August 2014, 10:59 AM
"irukku aana illa"- Ghost in search of identity, no sympathy flashback for Ghost, No white powder/ugly makeup of Ghost, instant whole movie Ghost looks fresh with full(over) makeup with good hairstyle. One liner of movie story is good but execution is really bad. Watch @ ur risk..

rsubras
13th August 2014, 04:59 PM
watch his son in laws' mappillai you will love this more...

absolutely....compared with the marana mokkai mappillai-2012, the original mappillai is a classic in more than one way.....apart from Rajinikanth, Srividhya was too good and it was pathetic to see the way Manisha was casted in the remake one........

VinodKumar's
22nd August 2014, 03:56 PM
KTVI - A film with story. Kadhai lam irruku ... illaenu parthiban yemathitaaru :twisted:. Once watchable movie .. That inner film part is good. Kasa kasa nu irundha maari irundhuchu but eppovum bore adicha maari illa .. that's the plus in the movie. Velila varappa padatha scene by scene solla sonna solluradhu kastam - adhuum oru plus.

Raju Bhai - "Vijay fans thaan indha padatha nallalaenu solluraanga / padam nallalaenu sonnavangalam Vijay fansu" appdinu padam pudichavangalam feel panni kova paduraadhaala , No comments.

ajaybaskar
22nd August 2014, 04:13 PM
அஞ்சான் படம் நல்லா இல்லைன்னு சொன்னவங்க எல்லாம் விஜய் ரசிகர்கள்னா, தமிழ்நாட்டுல விஜய் ரசிகர்கள் எண்ணிக்கை அதிகமாயிடுச்சுன்னு சந்தோஷப்பட்டுக்க வேண்டியதுதான் :)

CEDYBLUE
22nd August 2014, 04:17 PM
Super Ajay :). It is sad that it is Vijay fans who are always at fault.

VinodKumar's
22nd August 2014, 04:47 PM
அஞ்சான் படம் நல்லா இல்லைன்னு சொன்னவங்க எல்லாம் விஜய் ரசிகர்கள்னா, தமிழ்நாட்டுல விஜய் ரசிகர்கள் எண்ணிக்கை அதிகமாயிடுச்சுன்னு சந்தோஷப்பட்டுக்க வேண்டியதுதான் :)

Kootam kattukadangama poirumaenu paatahen ;).

Adox
23rd August 2014, 04:01 AM

Initially both V&A fans (some of them) were stomping on the movie rejoicing posting bad media reviews ... some still not happy with its BO results. Of course we did hear from the moderates later for unbiased reviews :)

ajaybaskar
23rd August 2014, 10:06 AM
இன்று சென்னையின் எல்லா திரையரங்குகளிலும் எல்லா காட்சிகளுக்கும் அஞ்சான் டிக்கெட் கிடைக்கிறதே, அதற்கும் விஜய் ரசிகர்கள்தான் காரணமா?

CEDYBLUE
23rd August 2014, 10:49 AM
Initially both V&A fans (some of them) were stomping on the movie rejoicing posting bad media reviews ... some still not happy with its BO results. Of course we did hear from the moderates later for unbiased reviews :)

Sorry to press this a little further. Was there any different view-point or review for Anjaan? All the reviews that I had come across had the same notion.

CEDYBLUE
23rd August 2014, 11:02 AM
Abirami just has 4 shows for Anjaan. 2nd Weekend. Similar scenario in most theaters/multiplexes and it looks like you can walk into any show. Having followed closely the pongal biggies and how they sustained interest for many weekends, its quite clear where Anjaan is heading towards.

paranitharan
23rd August 2014, 12:06 PM
Padam flop'na avanga fans kaaranam, padam banned na ivanga fans kaaranamnu blade podrathe velaya pochu. Padam flop aavurathukkum neenga thaan kaaranam. Ban aavurathukkum neenga thaan kaaranam. Grow mustache and take responsibility.

Adox
23rd August 2014, 05:03 PM
Sorry to press this a little further. Was there any different view-point or review for Anjaan? All the reviews that I had come across had the same notion.

I meant some reviews from moderate(not biased) folks on here - not the media ones. They didnt trash the movie as bad including yourself I think ..

Adox
23rd August 2014, 05:07 PM
Initial collections were sky high but some reviews did mention that bad wom will curtail its momentum. I wonder what the break even costs will be.

HonestRaj
23rd August 2014, 11:04 PM
manja pai
- okay drama
- kind of vikraman film

HonestRaj
23rd August 2014, 11:19 PM
Sathuranga Vettai
- very nice
- little expected scenes... but most of the scenes are refreshing..
- ilaya thalapathy vijay thaakkapattara :lol:
- endha oru poilayum konjam unmai kalandhirukkanum - explanation scene was :clap:

HonestRaj
23rd August 2014, 11:41 PM
kochadaiyaan
- idhu oru kadhaiyaa.. adhula climax annan varra madhiri sequel'ku oru twistu...
- oru sila dialogue nalla irundhadhu.. maththapadi.. waste'uba

HonestRaj
23rd August 2014, 11:49 PM
Mundasupatti
- okay time pass
- vishnu .. this guy has good screen presence.. does adequate job on screen..
- raasa maharaasa song .. listening a lot recently

HonestRaj
23rd August 2014, 11:54 PM
Arima Nambi

- good one..
- but i think later half mall scene is inspired from some english film (bourne identity?) not remembering the exact film..
- vikram prabhu gets good script & decent directors... but not able to get a major break..

HonestRaj
23rd August 2014, 11:55 PM
un samaiyal araiyil
- nitchayama parkkalam
- title song :slurp:

ajaybaskar
23rd August 2014, 11:59 PM
Don't know about the mall scene but the climax of Arima Nambi was lifted straightaway from the TV series 24, season 5, Episode no. 24

HonestRaj
24th August 2014, 12:08 AM
this one.. inspired & changed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUd5RPVDjPY

mappi
24th August 2014, 04:36 AM
Sarabham [2014 : Tamil : Thriller]
Written & Directed by Arun Mohan

Music : Naveen Chandra, Salony Luthra, Aadukalam Naren

Vikram, who got an awesome ringtone on his mobile, is an ambitious Architect, but his ambition is not on his profession but on finding easy routes to make sweatless money. When his dream project is rejected by his client, a number uno construction firm, Vikram wants to avenge the Buisness man just to quench his anger. That night, an unitentional meeting helps him to beat and con the Buisness Man, but his sucess does not live past that night. Soon he is slaped with unbeatable truth and victimized by deception, Vikram getting over with 'that night' becomes endless.

Sarabham reinvents Newton's law - For every evil there is a more greater and opposite evil. CV Kumar embeddes yet another gem in his production ring. Hats off. Arun Mohan has nicely pulled off a thriller which is adequate in providing something to look out for in the film. Britto Michael's BGM score is what projects the scenes giving it the necessary tension and mounting the movie to an interesting watch. Songs (Pudhidhai Oru Iravu, Bodhayil Pathai Marum & Neram) come at prominent places and they are quite effective. He has added a terrificing piece towards the climax which pumps up the revelation sequence.

Naveen Chandra as Vikram performs to an extent. He still needs to be sponteneous but certain places he does show some signs of having rehersed the scenes. He should concentrate on tightening his delivery, neverthless another promising new face for TFI. Salony Luthra is sublime. She breezes away in her role. Aadukalam Naren, every next film becomes his best performence. His tiny crooked smile talks for itself. So these are the 3 characters that take part in the majority of the film, and the crowd, I mean the rest of the artists are just by-standers in a handful of scenes. Arun Mohan has done a good job with rolling the story with just these 3 characters and providing yet another cost effective production for CV Kumar.

The film could not sustain the momentum. Trying to juggles with the backstory now and then makes it lethargic. For instance Arun Mohan, suddenly tries to spoon feed us (I suppose its very much needed these days as audience seem to worry about something thats not shown to them). Here are the places where the movie lags a lot, eventhough with an efficient editing they do tie up the loose ends. Other than such tiny cracks, the film works big time and is sure to surprise many.

Sarabham : Twist o Twist

HonestRaj
24th August 2014, 08:49 AM
Mundasupatti
- okay time pass
- vishnu .. this guy has good screen presence.. does adequate job on screen..
- raasa maharaasa song .. listening a lot recently

other songs also good.. have shades of IRs 80's songs..
- Kadhal Kanave
- Idhu Enna (sounds similar to neer paravai song)
- ambalai singam (hero song)

for a change mundasupatti they show FDFS of kamal film (sakalakala vallavan).. usually it will be murattukalai or some other Rajini film

littlemaster1982
24th August 2014, 09:42 AM
Arima Nambi

- good one..
- but i think later half mall scene is inspired from some english film (bourne identity?) not remembering the exact film..

The rooftop chase is inspired from Bourne Ultimatum too.

littlemaster1982
24th August 2014, 09:46 AM
Sarabham reinvents Newton's law - For every evil there is a more greater and opposite evil. CV Kumar embeddes yet another gem in his production ring. Hats off.

(I will update this post tomorrow)

Haven't seen Sarabham, but heard it's lifted from Japanese movie called Game (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0431077/).

mappi
24th August 2014, 02:51 PM
Yes, Sarabham is based on the Japanese film GAME. The initial parts including the hair do of Salony Luthra, escape to Australia, etc., are lifted. But as Sarabham advances it takes another route that is left open by its original.

Arima Nambi tries to be a clone of Bourne Identity, even the character Arjun Krishna has a "recalling the events" problem. As pointed earlier, even Yog Japee dialogue is translated to tamil from BI : " I want to know what he's going to think before he does."

And there is a lot, lets just leave it here. LoL. Nevertheless Arima Nambi is a good movie.

mappi
24th August 2014, 03:09 PM
Honest ji,

manja pai - Chandran theatre-la Vikraman Padam Partha Nyabagam ennaku vanthuchi.

Sathuranga Vettai - Ultimate con film, but found it lagging a lot. The Seth Heist was funny.

kochadaiyaan - "waste'uba", please theerpa mathi sollunga ji.

Mundasupatti / Arima Nambi - Ditto

un samaiyal araiyil - Title song indeed delicious, but Prakash Raj "too much of over"

I recomend Ra Parthiban's KTVI. Full form-la irruka pola. Certain dialogues pinni pedal eduthu irrukaru. Once you watch it, I will contact you thru PM, open-la vendam. LoL.

gane14
24th August 2014, 09:29 PM
VIP - Liked It.

Liked the 1st half much than the second half.

Dhanush performance asusual :thumbsup:

Amala paul fits role well as a next door girl.

Anirudh BGM - :clap:

Aanalum BPO, Fresher, 1st month salary 50000 nu oru gunda pottangalae adhudhan konjam thanga mudiala :-D

VinodKumar's
24th August 2014, 10:52 PM
VIP - Liked It.
Aanalum BPO, Fresher, 1st month salary 50000 nu oru gunda pottangalae adhudhan konjam thanga mudiala :-D

Exactly. Dhanush brother salary was in lakhs. These things send wrong messages to public. Cinemakaarangalam indha panakkara pasanga IT job la irundhutu podura aatatha paathutu thappu kanakku potukuraanga :twisted:.

gane14
24th August 2014, 11:55 PM
Exactly. Dhanush brother salary was in lakhs. These things send wrong messages to public. Cinemakaarangalam indha panakkara pasanga IT job la irundhutu podura aatatha paathutu thappu kanakku potukuraanga :twisted:.

Exactly my thoughts Vinod, this sends a wrong signal to public about IT/ITES employment and salary which is actually exactly the opposite in most cases.

rsubras
25th August 2014, 02:44 PM
VIP - Liked It.

Liked the 1st half much than the second half.

Dhanush performance asusual :thumbsup:

Amala paul fits role well as a next door girl.

Anirudh BGM - :clap:

TFM industry laye IT field, BPO ppl mela oru gaandu la than irukkanga nu ninaikkaren..not just this movie...but also in Katrathu Thamizh, Arai en 305-il kadavul etc.,

HonestRaj
25th August 2014, 11:40 PM
kochadaiyaan - "waste'uba", please theerpa mathi sollunga ji.

neengale sollunga mapp's.. indha kadhai enna avlo super kadhaiya?
andha kadal fight mattum nalla irundha madhiri irundhadhu..

indha padathukku edhukku Nagesh?

mappi
26th August 2014, 12:33 AM
Ji,

Athan naan appave solliteney, story-screenplay-lam koncham sodapal-nu. But many liked the story, and did not like the animation.
Nagesh is just an angle to show their grip on MoCap. Grip semma ila ! (LoL)

Still Waste allavuku padam illa. Rajini nalla thokivitta pola + Large Screen 3D-la nallave irundhichi.

hattori_hanzo
30th August 2014, 12:04 AM
for a change mundasupatti they show FDFS of kamal film (sakalakala vallavan).. usually it will be murattukalai or some other Rajini film

நன்றி. இந்த ஒரு வரிக்காகவே படத்தை பாத்தேன். கமலஹாசன் ரசிகர்கள் கண்டிப்பாக பார்க்கவேண்டிய காட்சி.
- அது மட்டும் இல்லாமல் Hollywood photo studio வில் ஒவ்வொரு முறை முனிஸ்காந்த் வரும்பொழுதும் அவருக்கு பின் தெரிவது கமலின் பெரிய size சிகப்பு ரோஜாக்கள் still.

- ஆரம்ப காட்சியில் கமல் படம் வெளியீடு என்று சொல்லாமல் "தலைவர்" படம் என்று சொல்வது அற்புதம்.

- தியேட்டரில் "இளமை இதோ இதோ" பாடலின் பொழுது விசில், அலப்பரை

மற்றபடி படம் ஓரளவுக்கு நன்றாக இருந்தது. ஒரு ஹீரோ, அவருடன் வலுக்கட்டாயமாக வந்து மாட்டிகொள்ளும் நண்பன், காதல், முறை மாமன் என்று பல முறை பார்த்த கதை தான். காதல் கட்சிகள், பாடல்கள் அனாவசியம். குறும்படத்தை முழு நீள படம் ஆக்குவதற்காக இவை அனைத்தையும் சேர்த்திருக்கிறார்கள். ஒரு அரை மணி நேரம் சுருக்கி இருக்கலாம்.
முனிஸ்காந்த் - ஆரம்பத்தில் மொக்கை போடுவாரோ என்று பயந்தேன் ஆனால் படத்தில் Highlight இவர்தான். இரண்டு வேடங்களில் கலக்கியிருக்கிறார்.

படத்தை 1982 கதையாக படமாகியிருக்கிரார்கள். சகல கலா வல்லவன் ரிலீஸ், Bell bottoms pant, அடர்த்தியான முடி, மீசை போன்ற வழக்கமானவற்றை தவிர 1980 களில் நடந்த வேறு எந்த சம்பவமும் சொல்லப்படுவதோ காட்டப்படுவதோ இல்லை. ரொம்பவும் Safe ஆகா தான் படம் எடுத்திருக்கிறார்கள்.

ஆனந்தராஜிற்கு பெருசாக காமெடி வராது என்றாலும் பூனை ஜாமீன் காட்சிகள் நன்றாக அமைந்துள்ளது.

ஆனால் சாமியார்-மீசைக்காரர் sequences ultimate!

mappi
30th August 2014, 06:59 PM
Salim [2014 : Tamil : 2Hh20m : Social (Drama, Thriller)]
Written & Directed by N. V. Nirmal Kumar starring Vijay Antony

"The Concerned Common Man" (from A Wednesday) gets his name, and the movie takes the larger shades from "D-Fens" Foster (Falling Down). Well, to be precise, Salim, a dutiful doctor, when pushed brutally in the day-to-day social life and its philosophies, including his broken relationship, takes a night's stand to set atleast one thing right, very well knowing that his doom will be the price he would pay to give a neat answer to this off limits society.

Nevertheless, the film is very enjoyable. The crisp dialogues of Salim and their calm utterance by Vijay Anthony are key elements. Few scenes/suituations are very good and the linear changeover between the negociator & Salim is worth mentioning. Vijay Anthony continues from where he left in Naan. In Salim, during few scenes he just gets upgraded with his electrifying calmness. He is well aided by the music (BGM minus Songs). Felt that Nirmal Kumar did a very good job in jumbling the scenes to tighten our viewership, largely suceeding in giving a decent third act with an awesome climax.

A sure Weekend After-noon Movie watch.

Salim - Sadhu mirandal Society kollathu

And bring in the sequel, I say

Anban
30th August 2014, 08:59 PM
yes brilliant time-pass movie .. i have always thought that this Vijay Anthony is a sensible guy.. he has proved it yet again ..

hattori_hanzo
31st August 2014, 07:42 AM
Sarabham [2014 : Tamil : Thriller]
Written & Directed by Arun Mohan

Music : Naveen Chandra, Salony Luthra, Aadukalam Naren

Sarabham : Twist o Twist

Sarabham

Another movie which starts with a reference to Kamal Haasan. We hear the booming voice of Kamal with Raja's memorable music as the ringtone of the protagonist more than twice in the movie.

Interesting, twisted storyline, good BGM and decent performances are let down by unimpressive dialogues & dialogue delivery, especially in the first half and spoon-feeding and illogical scenes, as mentioned by mappi. Every dialogue, spoken by every character has an uncommon mix of English and Tamil, sounding a bit weird.

Some serious scenes have unbelievably stupid dialogues like :
1) என்ன மொட்டைமாடிக்கு போறியா? போ. மொட்டைமாடியில போயி யோசிக்கிற விஷயம் எப்பவுமே கரெக்டா தான் இருக்கும். (இது தஞ்சாவூர் கல்வெட்டுல செதுக்கவேண்டிய வரி)

2) நம்ம மனசுக்கு எது நல்லதுன்னு தோணுதோ அது தான் பா Ethics.(!!!)

3) நம்ம ரெண்டு பெரும் ஒரே Boat-ல தானா? (Sailing in the same boat. இதுக்கு தமிழ்ல எந்த பழமொழியும் கிடைக்கலையா?)

Though at times Naveen Chandra over-acts and over-reacts, I found his acting better than that of the heroine. Salony looks very good in both the characters but does nothing other than looking stylish and talking inane lines. I found Aadukalam Naren better in other movies. With such a thick moustache covering his lips and a low bass voice, I could barely understand what he speaks in some scenes. When he gets shot he acts as if he is bitten by a mosquito. இப்பெல்லாம் சாவும்போது கூட அலட்டிக்காம சாவது தான் நல்ல நடிப்பா?

Director Arun Mohan, son of Anu Mohan should certainly be appreciated for making a movie without 'Lavvu', comedy, Tasmac saangs, item numbers and flying cars.
Watchable!

A.ANAND
31st August 2014, 10:40 AM
Saturanga vettai and jigarthanda chanse illa!!!pinni pedaleduthufying...

mappi
31st August 2014, 02:50 PM
Irumbu Kuthirai
Written & Directed by Yuvaraj Bose starring Atharvaa & Priya Anand

Pondichery Super. Many visuals were spell bounding, reminds a lot of cinematographic works like Meera, Dhaam Dhoom, Ullaasam etc. The moment we all been waiting for, bike stunts or race, comes for less than 10 minutes, but its quite good, interestingly shot. The movie is more in the lines of Pollathanvan where Johnny Tri Nguyen plays a Danush. Nothing much happens in the movie, and from what happens its actually about Prithvi, an youngster from Pondi romancing Samyuktha and drinking heartedly with his friend Christina (lovely name). When Samyuktha asks him to buy a bike, he gets a Ducati (if you had your mouth opened automatically after reading that line, close it to continue). So, this is where the trouble starts, a Bike gang kidnaps Samyuktha during a Bike ride with Prithvi, then, he goes with his Bike to rescue his love from the Bike gang (atleast the above line has a lot of usage of 'Bike' than the film). There, another thing happens, turning the events onto Irumbu Kuthirai.

Priya Anand is quickly becoming the Baazar Doll of TFI. Johnny kicks are far better than his presence. Devadarshini gets upgraded to a Mom. A glad welcome Mom without grey hair. She is quickly becoming a threat to the undisputed TFI Mom, the owner of the prestigious throne, Saranya. As there is a major part of Romance in the movie, it did not pull me in, maybe it can work with you, and its the later half that made me sit straight, but it was already time to leave the hall. Where the movie tumbles, well, there are so many resaons that you cannot miss while watching the film, I don't think I got to mention them too.

But parkallam, esp. for Atharva, atleast I did for him, and him alone.

Irumbu Kuthirai - Raceless Jockey

Actually towards the end the Ducati revelation explains a lot how could a local guy get such a bike just because he is asked to. Plus, the end justifies the title : Jhonny races for the Irumbu (the bike) and Atharava races for the Kuthirai (Priya Anand), getting the race and the movie a name "Irumbu Kuthirai" (LoL). But IMO, Laxmi Rai is a beast of a Kuthirai.

19thmay
1st September 2014, 10:46 PM
Salim - First half is good and second half is slight mokka as you know what is coming in your way and those lengthy hotel scenes spoils the fun. Vijay Antony :thumbsup:
Duet and that item song slows down the pace.
Unnaipol oruvan + Evano oruvan kind of movie, oru dhaba paakalaam.

thala
2nd September 2014, 03:09 PM
Salim - First half is good and second half is slight mokka as you know what is coming in your way and those lengthy hotel scenes spoils the fun. Vijay Antony :thumbsup:
Duet and that item song slows down the pace.
Unnaipol oruvan + Evano oruvan kind of movie, oru dhaba paakalaam.

I liked Naan as a movie. Lookin forward to Salim which carries the best reports among the new released movies. However the reviews all are highlighting the 2nd half as first half is slightly slow. Will catch up the movie in the next weeks.

balaajee
2nd September 2014, 05:32 PM
அறம் சார்ந்து எடுக்கப்பட்ட படம் சலீம்.... இயக்குநர் ராம் வாழ்த்து!

பொறந்ததல இருந்து போஸ்ட் மார்ட்டம் வரைக்கும் பணம் பணம்னு ஏண்டா..." என்று தனியார் மருத்துவமனையைக் கேள்விக் கேட்கும் மருத்துவர் சலீம்.எந்த தீவிரவாத இயக்கம் எனக் கேட்கும் காவல்துறையிடம் 'என் பேருதான் பிரச்சனைன்னா என்ன விஜய்ன்னு கூப்பிடுங்க இல்ல ஆண்டனின்னு கூப்பிடுங்க', என்று, சிறுபான்மை இனத்தின் குரலாய் ஒலிக்கிறது சலீமின் குரல்.இஸ்லாமியர்களை எதிர் நிலையில் சித்தரிக்கும் தமிழ் திரைப்படச் சூழலில் இஸ்லாமியரை கதையின் நாயகனாக உருவாக்கியும் படத்தின் தலைப்பாக அக்கதை நாயகனின் பெயரையே சூட்டியும் ஒரு படம் வெளி வருவது என்பது மிக நல்ல தொரு செயல்பாடு.

நல்லவனை, பிழைக்கத் தெரியாதவனை கதாநாயகனாக முன் வைத்து அறம் சார்ந்து படம் எடுப்பது என்பது 'ஓல்டு வேவ்' சினிமாவாகப் பார்க்கப் படக்கூடிய இந்தக் காலத்தில் 'சலீம்' எந்த 'வேவ்' வைப் பற்றியும் கவலைப்படாமல் அறம் சார்ந்து எடுக்கப்பட்டிருக்கிறது என்பதும் அது அலுப்பில்லாமல் பார்வையாளர்களால் ரசித்து கொண்டாடப்படுகிறது என்பதும் (நான் பார்த்தது சாலிகிராமத்து எஸ்எஸ்ஆர் பங்கஜத்தில்) மகிழ்ச்சித் தரக்கூடிய ஒன்று."என் வி நிர்மல் குமார்" இயக்குநர் பாரதிராஜாவிடம் பத்தாண்டுகளுக்கும் மேலாக பணி புரிந்தவர். இவரின் முதல் படம் இது. இரண்டாம் பகுதியில் வெகு சொற்ப கதாபாத்திரங்கள், ஒரே இடம் என்று ஏகப்பட்ட சிக்கல்களை ரொம்ப அழகாகக் கையாண்டு இருக்கிறார். வாழ்த்துக்கள் தோட்டாத்திரி.'சலீம்' திரையரங்கில் பார்க்க வேண்டிய திரைப்படம்.

-பிரியங்களுடன்ராம்.

-விஜய் ஆன்டனியின் இரண்டாவது படம் சலீமை திரையரங்கில் பார்த்த பிறகு, இயக்குநர் ராம் வெளியிட்டுள்ள பாராட்டுக் கடிதம் இது.

19thmay
3rd September 2014, 12:41 PM
Forgot to mention, dialogues are crisp and good

My pick ...

Home minister picks the phone : Anga ennaya pudungitu irukeengala
Cop : Yen nee vandhu konjam pudungen :rotfl:
Home minister : Yov! naan home minister pesuren.
Cop : Sorry sir! adikadi wrong calls varudhu

19thmay
3rd September 2014, 12:49 PM
VIP - As usual vetti mundam-a Dhanush, but here he was vetti with a kurikol, vela senja 'bilding kantractor'-a mattum thaan-nu. Yen andha 50 K BPO vela senjukitey vela theduna, ungaluku izhukungala?

Smart Senthil: "Oru vela kedaikira varaikum, kedacha velaya vida koodadhu, adhu thaan buthisaalithanam, neenga adha panradhuku chance illa" :lol2:

Idhey padatha Selvaraghavan eduthirundha Saranya-vuku badhila Amala Paul-la kola panni irupaar. Vivek was funny "Ennaya indha vandila engappa walking kottitu poi iruka" :lol:

Dhanush, you are such a fine actor, even in this movie.

HonestRaj
6th September 2014, 10:19 AM
sarabham
- yet another TV serial material with little twists in between..
- i think something more to be added to give the feel of a full length film.. i don't know what it is.. but these extended short films with serious theme doesn't interest much.. few like "Neram" succeeds
- if these kind of stories are made as film, then we can make countless no. of films from crime novel stories written by Rajeshkumar, suba, pattukoattai prabhakar.. etc. each one will be interesting to read atleast till last few chapters..

HonestRaj
6th September 2014, 10:49 AM
en uyir thozhan
- Bharathiraja's camera angles makes me laugh these days
- his heroine here has very very less dialogues.. also she is not that great looking.. very average compared to his other heroines.. i don't know what BR was thinking while creating this character..
- BR's dubbing for villain's.. here it doesn't suit.. it fits well for thyagarajan (alaigal oyvathillai), kind of acceptable for manivannan (kodiparakkudhu)
- only character does lot of talking is hero, the unfortunate "en uyir thozhan" babu... next best is from Livingstone, young & upcoming actor those days
- BR has shown much better politics scenes in Thamizhchelvan than this one..
- twist in the film is it starts like a double hero subject..
- & the irony is villain gets the best song of the film.. & this one is such a good song till date & it will be forever... if u have not seen the film, u think that he is also one of the hero..
- not a great film

hattori_hanzo
6th September 2014, 12:43 PM
- & the irony is villain gets the best song of the film.. & this one is such a good song till date & it will be forever... if u have not seen the film, u think that he is also one of the hero..

Yeh Raasathi Rosaappoo vaa vaa vaa Fantastic melody. Ethana dhadavai kettaalum alukkaadha paattu.
That guy is the one whom Kamal assaults and later apologizes (Mannikka therinjavan manusan scene) in Virumandi ; the maamanaar in Sundarapandian ; Kai in Gemini & Leonardo Di Caprio in Jigarthanda ;)

mappi
6th September 2014, 02:55 PM
HonestRaj,

Recomending to you another Glorious Classic : Ratha Thilagam (1963).

- KV Mahadevan music
- Kannadasan lyrics
- Othello Stage Play in English
- NT style
- Charming Savithri
- Nagesh sponteneous replies
- 2 war scenes
- Climax

ajaybaskar
6th September 2014, 05:25 PM
HH,

His name is Thennavan. :)

HonestRaj
6th September 2014, 09:15 PM
HH,

His name is Thennavan. :)

in gemini titles , he is mentioned as "kai" Thennavan..
but, in en uyir thozhan, his name in title card is Ramesh ( R varisai from BR).. his character name is Thennavan (1st half), Ponvannan (2nd half)
& Ponvannan (saranya's hubby) is assistant director in en uyir thozhan

HonestRaj
6th September 2014, 09:31 PM
HonestRaj,

- KV Mahadevan music
- Kannadasan lyrics
- NT style
- Charming Savithri
- 2 war scenes
- Climax

sure, mapps :)
youtube'la kidaikkuma?

mappi
6th September 2014, 09:35 PM
Yes, on Raj Video Vision youtube channel.

mappi
7th September 2014, 12:15 AM
crime novel stories written by Rajeshkumar, suba, pattukoattai prabhakar.. etc. each one will be interesting to read atleast till last few chapters..

For those who don't know to read Tamil language, you have an oppurtunity to read few collected classic crime pocket novels in English distributed in 2 volumes :

Vol 1 & Vol 2 - Blaft Anthology of Tamil Pulp Fiction (2008, 2010)
Publisher : Blaft Publications Pvt. Ltd.
Selected and translated by Pritham K. Chakravarthy
Edited by Rakesh Khanna
Selected works of Authors : Rajeshkumar, Pattukottai Prabhakar, Indhumathi, Rasakee, Jeyara, Indra Soundar Rajan, Subha & others

The Vol 2 center pages have some Awesome Original Covers of few novels, that too in COLOR. And the covers of these 2 volumes are awesome too.

I got these 2 Volumes from Landmark. Hope they release Vol.3 soon.

A.ANAND
8th September 2014, 11:56 AM
Saleem - time passing movie

real-la nadikka vendiyathuthan athukkaga sorry sonnakuda sorry-ikke valikkum pola..body language-la irunthu dialoge delivery varaikkum appadi oru somberithanum!vijay anthony sir 2 success vecchi entha mudivukkum vandhidatheenga..irunthalum vazhthukkal..

mappi
9th September 2014, 12:28 AM
Megha [2014 : Tamil : Melodrama (Romance, Crime)]
Written & Directed by Karthik Rishi

Music : IR
Cinematography : R. B. Gurudev

Banner : JSK Film Corporation

Starring : Ashwin, Srushti & Others

Youngster Mugilan gets few spectacular good effects happening in his life, a neat one being accuring a desired job and the best of all is meeting Megha, a charming young girl who has innocense as her middle name. When happy moments are engulfing their lives, the dark clouds wait just around the corner when Mugil's professional intentions cross roads with his private life putting the only one he owns and loves, Megha, in a great danger where death is not scary at all, but something else that weighs over death is.

A fantastic film. Romance flourishes in this movie, which is not only beleivable but very close. Ashwin was excellent, so was Srushti. Well the movie is not entirely Crime based. To explain it I got to give you 2 terms : Plot-Based Story & Character Based Story.

Plot-Based Story is the one which has lot of Action in it. Murder - investigation - Mr.X menancing Plans - Kidnap - Danger - Climax.

Character-Based Story is more on the involvement of such actions by the characters, mainly the principle one. It revolves around the character and his judgements rather than the action.

Megha is a Character Based Story, and you have to get it straight before entering the hall, else you will get disappointed as the fabulous Youtube or website reviewers who were looking for a twist (LoL). So its basically about Mugil and only about Mugil. He loves Megha, He investigates a Crime, He looses Megha, He gets back Megha. Its not exactly how he investigates or walks around with dark glasses in the dark finding clues or sends the side kicks right thru the window glasses. Its a soft Romantic Tale where an helpless man gets trapped into a suituation that he has not mastered yet. But still, where Karthik Rishi shines is including the suspense in this tale. He throughly shifts from past to present easily guiding us with fine editing by including the sub-plots at regular intervals making it quite easy to follow admist all the romance episodes.

The prime problem I had with the movie is with the Cinematography. The visuals were excellent, but the techique the shots were called for had a heavy dose of blurring the background. Bokeh using a heavy lens, capturing images from far using a large size aperture creates very intense blur that is surely disturbing, atleast for me. Most of the scenes are shot like that. Oh, sorry to get technical here, let me short explain it to you :

Bokeh is a technique in photography where the background is blurred to project the focus. Aperture is the hole in the lens that allows light to pass inside. It adds a dimension to the image by blurring the background. It also helps in bringing a wide focus and using a zoom lens, it can create magic to the desired image captured. Aperture has different size, each deceiding the size of the blurish parts. Just keep this in mind, and watch the movie you will understand it much. A wonderful technique, but over used in Megha.

In the introduction to the love angle between the main couples, two songs features back to back at a marriage ceremony. The first one is "Uravugal Thodar Kathai". It was so excellent where the emotions were well captured . It had a great impact that at a point of time your heart just flies fast before you. Following it is the awesome song Putham Puthu Kalai. It made my day, again, yes, yet again. Eventhough I favour it to be shot otherwise, it did look charming with the flow.

Few places dialogues are quite funny and enjoyable, but the final output pulls in a lot of melodrama like uttering 'Long-Love-Lines' during much wounded suituations. I am a bit allergic to such moments, but miraculously passed them all and completely enjoyed the film. The beauty potrayed by Karthik Rishi is, it rains whenever Megha is around. When she is far it stops raining - wonderfully used as a part of the naration. And when Mugil watches from top of a Theatre building eyeing for any clue, the poster just below him on the wall is from the movie Kazhugu - there are many such excellent potrayals, please care to note them and enjoy the movie to the fullest.

Megha - Moist

PS : You can now legally watch MEGHA movie in HD at http://www.herotalkies.com/ (Price $2,99 ONLY)

mappi
9th September 2014, 12:30 AM
Balaajee & A2A,

This is my take on the Megha movie ending :

To understand the climax, you got to recollect the begining. When Mugil reaches the hospital he blacks out, and the upside down camera cuts to the title card where clouds swarm in the sky. Here, Mugilo Megamo is just a title song. Soon after, he wakes up and the story unfolds.

Towards the end, he accepts to be with Megha and kisses here forehead. Following it, they are in white dress under a white umbrella (Similar dress they wore during their first meeting). After a few candid shots of them together it cuts back again to the clouds swarming the sky. Here the song Mugilo Megamo has entirely a different meaning and tone altogether.

"
mugilo megamo sol veru veru
irandum irando porul onru thaane
udalal thegathaal irandaana pothilum
uyiraal unarvinaal athu onruthaane
neeyo naano iru jeevan onre
"

So, initially he was thinking of Megha and finally too he is thinking about Megha. Megha is still in Coma, but she lives, smiles and laughs just like the wide spread clouds which are always with him and above him.

There are 2 clues :
1. After that head surgery, she cannot have grown that much of hair in just "Few Months"
2. The caption is not the same font - initially in the movie September <date> is entirely a different font than the end "Sila mathangalukku piragu". My guess is that, its the producer cut which included it to give a "happy-go-ending" to the movie, and I strongly beleive Karthik Rishi had thought otherwise which is indeed the best ending possible where you travel back with the song Mugilo Megamo banging your head.

And about the (revenge)murder he commits, well, its an open ending. He may be in jail or Megha is no more or he was escaped by Jayaprakash etc., But the underlining point is that Mugil is so much in Love with Megha that he virtually starts living with her. Vijay Kumar had the same syndrome (It is said by Jayaprakash that Vijay Kumar asks his (dead) wife to serve coffee), so does YGM and now Mugil. So all the 3 had similar feelings, voices and visions - I suppose the main theme of the movie.

Nasc
9th September 2014, 06:30 AM
interesting analytic for film analysts

http://www.wired.com/2014/09/cinema-is-evolving/

balaajee
9th September 2014, 10:54 AM
Balaajee & A2A,

This is my take on the Megha movie ending :

To understand the climax, you got to recollect the begining. When Mugil reaches the hospital he blacks out, and the upside down camera cuts to the title card where clouds swarm in the sky. Here, Mugilo Megamo is just a title song. Soon after, he wakes up and the story unfolds.

Towards the end, he accepts to be with Megha and kisses here forehead. Following it, they are in white dress under a white umbrella (Similar dress they wore during their first meeting). After a few candid shots of them together it cuts back again to the clouds swarming the sky. Here the song Mugilo Megamo has entirely a different meaning and tone altogether.

"
mugilo megamo sol veru veru
irandum irando porul onru thaane
udalal thegathaal irandaana pothilum
uyiraal unarvinaal athu onruthaane
neeyo naano iru jeevan onre
"

So, initially he was thinking of Megha and finally too he is thinking about Megha. Megha is still in Coma, but she lives, smiles and laughs just like the wide spread clouds which are always with him and above him.

There are 2 clues :
1. After that head surgery, she cannot have grown that much of hair in just "Few Months"
2. The caption is not the same font - initially in the movie September <date> is entirely a different font than the end "Sila mathangalukku piragu". My guess is that, its the producer cut which included it to give a "happy-go-ending" to the movie, and I strongly beleive Karthik Rishi had thought otherwise which is indeed the best ending possible where you travel back with the song Mugilo Megamo banging your head.

And about the (revenge)murder he commits, well, its an open ending. He may be in jail or Megha is no more or he was escaped by Jayaprakash etc., But the underlining point is that Mugil is so much in Love with Megha that he virtually starts living with her. Vijay Kumar had the same syndrome (It is said by Jayaprakash that Vijay Kumar asks his (dead) wife to serve coffee), so does YGM and now Mugil. So all the 3 had similar feelings, voices and visions - I suppose the main theme of the movie.

The main reason for the confusion is that thought downloaded print missed something at the end....as you watched in legal print...my assumption is wrong. YES CLIMAX SEEMS TO BE DISTURBED BY THE PRODUCTION HOUSE..

Cinemarasigan
10th September 2014, 04:49 PM
HonestRaj,

- KV Mahadevan music
- Kannadasan lyrics
- NT style
- Charming Savithri
- 2 war scenes
- Climax

Mappi, Do you have the online link to download this movie?

Avadi to America
10th September 2014, 07:05 PM
The main reason for the confusion is that thought downloaded print missed something at the end....as you watched in legal print...my assumption is wrong. YES CLIMAX SEEMS TO BE DISTURBED BY THE PRODUCTION HOUSE..

I thought the climax would be something like the hero become YG version II.

mappi
11th September 2014, 05:41 AM
A2A,

Another Clue :

When the head surgery on Megha was attended to, the doctors pronounce that she has gone into different levels of unconsciousness and she cannot be easily wakened. Mugil rushes to her ward-room and faces the reality but turns away not willing to accept it. He moves towards the window, a drop of saline solution drips with a heavy sound and the window panes pull up - another symbolism from Karthik Rishi, as though Mugil is opening another door of his heart and letting in the drop falling from Megha (cloud) - cut - he turns, surprised to see Megha upright on the bed asking him why he is late - cut : (IR Touch)

Karuvaraiyil, Urangum Oru Kuzhandhai Ena
En Idhaiyathile, Unai Chumandhu Vaazhven
Kadavul Vandhu, Ethiril Nindru Kaettaalum
Naan Enai Tharuven, Unnai Thara Maatten

Making him YGM Version II

Like wise there are so many motifs in the film - (Motif is the representation in a narrative to acquire symbolic meaning. A motif can be a technical feature (a shot angle, a lighting set up), a sound or piece of dialogue or music, or an object) - hats off Karthik Rishi, IR audio sparkles the visual, where the director has used it fully. It has so much value of an experience. IR has kept so many wonderful emotions in the BGM, thats why I did not mention them in my review, as I wished everyone to experience them without any influence.

selvamohankumar
11th September 2014, 05:46 AM
A2A,

Another Clue :

When the head surgery on Megha was attended to, the doctors pronounce that she has gone into different levels of unconsciousness and she cannot be easily wakened. Mugil rushes to her ward-room and faces the reality but turns away not willing to accept it. He moves towards the window and pulls up the pane - another symbolism from Karthik Rishi, as though he is opening another door of his heart - cut - he turns, surprised to see Megha upright on the bed asking him why he is late - cut : (IR Touch)

Karuvaraiyil, Urangum Oru Kuzhandhai Ena
En Idhaiyathile, Unai Chumandhu Vaazhven
Kadavul Vandhu, Ethiril Nindru Kaettaalum
Naan Enai Tharuven, Unnai Thara Maatten

Making him YGM Version II

Like wise there are so many motifs in the film - (Motif is the representation in a narrative to acquire symbolic meaning. An motif can be a technical feature (a shot angle, a lighting set up), a sound or piece of dialogue or music, or an object) - hats off Karthik Rishi, IR audio sparkles the visual, where the director has used it fully. It has so much value of an experience than just watching. IR has kept so many wonderful emotions in the BGM, thats why I did not mention them in my review, as I wish everyone experience it without any influence.

Mappi,

It takes a brilliant to decipher brilliancy.. U are rocking.. I have been following ur reviews and views on scenes and movie,. It makes the movie more interesting., keep doing it

mappi
11th September 2014, 05:57 AM
Mappi, Do you have the online link to download this movie?

No CR, I watched Ratha Thilagam on youtube streaming. Maybe anyone else have a download link to this movie !?!
You best option would be to get a DVD in store if you are not in a position to watch streaming videos. I checked and it costs about Rs.99 (Landmark). In Amazon India a guys is selling it for Rs.199 (including shipping charges). Hope this helps ...

mappi
11th September 2014, 07:12 PM
Poriyaalan [Tamil : 2014 ; 2hrs : Thriller]
Directed by Thanukumar
Written by Manimaran (Udhayam NH4)
A Vetrimaran Production

Banner : Vendhar Movies

Saravanan (think Murugar Names are highlight of 2014 releases), Saravanan (Harish Kalyan) is a civil engineer graduate with ideas and ambition in right mix. He ventures to start his own contruction buisness dreaming to move on to higher grounds by developing his city with fabulous "monuments". His "colony-friends" Prabhu & Karthik (another Murugar) come to his help, where the former deals with the finance and the later in chosing plots and managing other paper works. When everything seems to be just fine, the first alarm goes off over the registered land. This alarm seems to be a faint bell before the alarm triggered by Prabhu, when he confesses from where he got the money for the dealing. Within a window of 48 hours 'Saravanan & co' must race against time not only to clear all their settlement in this land dealing but also confront the horrors that await to clutch their loved ones.

Another very good time pass film. The tension mounts as the movie advances. Some "natural looking" performences do captivate our interest. The lead pair is quite charming and the supporting actors do hold the movie steady. The surprise is the role played by Mohan Raman, a very good character, he will irritate you and if you are, then thats the best award you can give him. The villan (Achuta Kumar) too was quite commanding who is just right to the point everytime and menancing just like Pandiyanadu Villan.

The story is what that helps the director, an amazing story with interviened characters who have something to do in the proceedings. Eventhough it may look like a episode from Sathuranga Vettai, I was quite impressed with Manimaran's work. Taking the principal theme line from our mythologies - "To slay an 'Arakan', God sends one" - 'the no connection what so ever' Hero-Villan jumbling up story is quite refreashing. The climax Quaters Fight was well made, simple & short. Other very few things & questions, lets leave them in 'choice' as this movie provides a solid entertainment.

Poriyaalan - Prachanai Ulla Pattadari

mexicomeat
12th September 2014, 03:13 PM
just use any of the million youtube downloaders out there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjgCbLQB2eg

ajaybaskar
13th September 2014, 10:06 AM
Sigaram Thodu

A police story woven with a crime which we hear or read about on a daily basis. Except for the love portions, the film flies in jet speed. The love portions are not bad but takes the pace off from an otherwise racy movie. Looks like a winner from the UTV camp.

uruzalari
13th September 2014, 08:00 PM
Burma - Very different and good. Somehow seeing mostly average reviews for it, except from Baradwaj Rangan. The movie length is only 99 mins. You can definitely give it a try. Waiting for a review from mappi for this one.

http://baradwajrangan.wordpress.com/2014/09/13/burma-134-90657-87-096-989/

selvakumar
14th September 2014, 09:08 AM
Navagraha Nayagi - despite all abatham In this movie, the sani graha portion in the movie is a well written one. The guy who acted as lord Sani was a perfect fit for the role

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HonestRaj
14th September 2014, 01:08 PM
Jigarthanda..
- good time pass
- unexpected twists makes it interesting

hattori_hanzo
14th September 2014, 03:32 PM
Salim - fairly good thriller. A mix of Falling Down(Evano Oruvan) and Unnaipol Oruvan. Illogical but watchable. I liked his first movie Naan too.

dell_gt
15th September 2014, 12:16 PM
Salim - fairly good thriller. A mix of Falling Down(Evano Oruvan) and Unnaipol Oruvan. Illogical but watchable. I liked his first movie Naan too.

yerp NAAN was much more better..

mappi
16th September 2014, 04:20 AM
Burma

Burma, the movie, did not release here. Surely will watch it when the DVD releases. I did post the trailer in the "upcoming movies" thread, found it a bit different. If you have liked it, I am sure that I will find it interesting too. Have enjoyed almost all the films you recomended.

NOV
20th September 2014, 07:50 PM
Only one day, and already declared a hit!!!!
I watched the film - its not even 50% the horror/comedy of Kanchana
Not as funny as Kalakalappu either.
Ok for one time watch...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bx8mD6DCQAAV-3a.jpg

venkkiram
20th September 2014, 08:16 PM
It's really funny to see fans of Kushpoo in twitter praising Sundar C on this movie that too mentioning this is his second best in the league of Anbe Sivam. Height of ignorance. We all know at what time of Anbe Sivam making Sundar C stepped in and what kind of involvement he had in it.. But even Kushpoo also admitting it shows only double standard. What if Sandana Bharathi's family members claiming Mahanathi and Guna for SB's directorial skills??

NOV
20th September 2014, 08:20 PM
Hahaha, this is better comedy than Aranmanai. :p

ajaybaskar
20th September 2014, 08:39 PM
Rotfl

paranitharan
20th September 2014, 09:00 PM
It's really funny to see fans of Kushpoo in twitter praising Sundar C on this movie that too mentioning this is his second best in the league of Anbe Sivam. Height of ignorance. We all know at what time of Anbe Sivam making Sundar C stepped in and what kind of involvement he had in it.. But even Kushpoo also admitting it shows only double standard. What if Sandana Bharathi's family members claiming Mahanathi and Guna for SB's directorial skills??

Why did Kamal take him on board if he was directing it and it was all his idea? to credit him for all the dummy ideas Kamal had for the movie

mappi
21st September 2014, 12:20 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bx8mD6DCQAAV-3a.jpg

Nov,

Intha poster-kum padathukum oru vithiyasam irruku, gavanichingala ?

NOV
21st September 2014, 05:30 AM
Nov,

Intha poster-kum padathukum oru vithiyasam irruku, gavanichingala ?Andrea?

JamesFague
21st September 2014, 09:21 AM
This is only for promotional purpose. This scene never appreared in the film.

NOV
21st September 2014, 09:35 AM
This is only for promotional purpose. This scene never appreared in the film.
:o
It did here in Malaysia, except that Andrea was not in the line-up :p

JamesFague
21st September 2014, 12:04 PM
It is true sir. That is why I have mentioned as it is for promotional purpose. Andrea will not appear in that screen instead she
wil come out once the door opens.

mappi
21st September 2014, 03:17 PM
Andrea?

Yessu.

And Mahen can relax for "I", as this film did not carry any "Sangu-Chakaram". Think the days to come, few 'cubes' maybe be added. So interested persons, seekiram poi parunga.

Only one thing made me want for more. Manobala as the Mapillai of the Aranmanai. His episodes were quite funny, but very short. They should have thought about including more incidents with him, rather than a song sequence for Santhanam. When Vinay is taken to the hospital, Manobala offer his share of help by proposing to bring in a 'Mattu-Vandi'. That made me laugh quite uncontrollably.

Anbe Sivam vs Aranmanai ku bathila, Jothika Vs Andrea thaan super-a irrukum. While Jothika looked exactly like P.Vasu sans bread, Andrea was quite stubborn and moved along like a walking pencil. The difference is that initialy she is a Camelin "Flora", later she becomes the pile of colored one where the lot misses all the colors except Red & Yellow. But a few remastered graphics and gimmicks from Ramanarayan Fantasy films and Ramsay Brothers horror shows does help the pencil look sharp. Esp. The dark-hole eyes and then changing to white during climax. And Sundar "Spinning" the climax gets a very special mention.

Comparitively, Kanchana still holds a higher place amoung the Horror films released recently.

NOV
21st September 2014, 03:24 PM
I guess both Andrea and Vinay used their own voice. Not fluent.

mappi
21st September 2014, 03:28 PM
I think so, chewing gum pottu pesara mari irundichi. Their Ucharips were bayangra Pularips !

Anban
22nd September 2014, 11:57 AM
konjam kooda koochame illaama oru masala padam .. orey oru vishayathula mattum koochapattu, Hansika parents are actually northies-nu oru justifcation .. comedy was really runny .. Sundar.C is the real director who gives entertaining movies for the major section of the audience ..

interz
29th September 2014, 03:20 AM
Aadama Jeyichomada - serious issue told humoursly

bobby simha rescues the movie again, all scenes in the movie with him are hilarious, highlights are his convos with k s ravikumar. didnt regret watching it.

mappi
29th September 2014, 02:58 PM
Jeeva (2014)

Another good movie, a lot of wonderful films are hitting consecutively and constantly, giving us the assurance that we are on a safe path.

The initial romance worked quite well (with me), thanks to pretty Sri Divya. Vishnu was quite expressive too. Other film makers should come forward and work with him, he has gianed the required stability. But was kind of disconnected with the love episodes that happen after 3 years, tried my best, but couldn't. Charlie and Vishnu's father have given some tremndrous performence. There are few pretty girls in the film, too. Soori's hairdo is fantastically funny. When he partners with Vishnu at a very crucial moment of a match, he gets extremely funny -

Vishnu : Senior, Single edunga Senior !
Soori : Naan mattum enna Six adikava Try Pandrein. (Looking at the bowler) Avan Bayatha etharan, evan pressure-a etharan.

The cricket matches were well synthesized - short, crisply detailed & interesting. Imman makes a very big impression. The following line could aggitate a few, but I will say it anyway - IR influence could be felt through out the film. But that does not take anything away for/from Imman. When Charlie and Kid Vishnu go to buy a bat, Imman has melted the whole scene. There are quite a lot of emotional scenes in the movie between Parents-kids, Players-Ambition, Deception, cunningness, ofcoarse romance, etc., everywhere Imman has given his best. Songs were not quite remarkable though (felt them to be over romantic), but post interval these lyrics did catch my attention (Song - Netru Naan Pathathum) :

Naetru Naan Paarthathum Unnaithaana Sol
Indru Naan Kaanbathum Unnaithaana Sol
Aadai Maara Jaadai Maara
Koonthal Paarvai Yaaum Maara
Kangalo Unn Kangalo Hey Maaravilai
Kangalo Enn Kangalo Yemaaravilai

Found the double entendres quite interesting and facinating.

Suseenthiran's potrayal is a class, esp., the way he shows us the pricky subject oriented characters - For one he zooms and closes-up between half forehead and half eye-glasses, and for the other the mustach. He has done a lot of such tremendrous depictions throughout the film, be it cricket, love, affection or affair. Kind of nice to watch them all.

Jeeva - Powerplay

In comparison with the co-release Madras, it is actually quite difficult to say which one of the two excels. They both are pretty good. If Jeeva has a higher hand with well known Cricket game as its base theme, Madras equally stretches out its hand with a fresh & interesting one. They both are quite similar too, well strictly in the sense of Summerisation :

- Madras puts the dark realities in the foreground, and Jeeva uses it as the backgroud.
- Both happen in and around a 'colony' setup involving lower middle-class families
- Friendship & aftermaths of a sudden death
- Outstanding BGM
- Romance => Parthein, rasithien, Pirinjain, (Tasmac), Sernthein
- Last but not least, Jeeva handles delicately the "parthasarthy/murugan" issue and the impact it creates with the affected persons, while Madras aims at the political atmosphere where fate of the supporters is showcased when two rival parties form an alliance. One word : Deception.

So its kind of hard to like one film and dislike the other. Altogether, its a cocktail of a release, a punch worth their tastes.

mappi
29th September 2014, 03:05 PM
Aadama Jeyichomada - serious issue told humoursly

Exactly found this line to be fatal for the film. They stammered to handle the seriousness and missed the timing to bring in humour, making the proceeding eaten away by each other. If the BGM was more intelligent, it could have done wonders to this film, but they opted for a Kuthu Pattu somewhere in the middle of the movie to explain the chain reaction and the characters involved. It had a very promising start though, and the pre and post inteval were extremely funny.

Just like Vadacurry or Ennamo Nadakuthu, AJ misses a small aspect in its presentation which costs them high. Nevertheless a funny film.

Aadama Jeyichomada - No Ball

gane14
1st October 2014, 10:13 PM
Vaanavarayan Vallavarayan - one of the worst movie recently made

Burma - again a bad movie

interz
1st October 2014, 11:18 PM
Sigaram Thodu - test of patience.

Story about a guy finally becoming responsible and doing his duty as a cop. The most irritating fact of the movie is the fact, the movie loses the seriousness, when hero starts to fooling around the heroine like a puppy. The only thing that works in the movie is Vikram Prabhus look, which is apt for police man.

Songs were letdown, BGM as okay by D. Imaan.

Better luck (next time) director.

NOV
2nd October 2014, 05:09 PM
Boring Mystery thriller, Sarabham - made worse by bad acting.
The girl was good though. :)

k_vanan
2nd October 2014, 05:37 PM
Sigaram Thodu - test of patience.

Story about a guy finally becoming responsible and doing his duty as a cop. The most irritating fact of the movie is the fact, the movie loses the seriousness, when hero starts to fooling around the heroine like a puppy. The only thing that works in the movie is Vikram Prabhus look, which is apt for police man.

Songs were letdown, BGM as okay by D. Imaan.

Better luck (next time) director.

Same feeling :)

hattori_hanzo
3rd October 2014, 03:15 AM
Read a review that Yaan = Yawn. Jeeva's bad luck continues. Many of his movies which were expected to do well failed - David, NEPV, Mugamoodi.

JamesFague
3rd October 2014, 10:03 AM
If you have enough patience you can watch Yaan. A big let down from Harris.

Death Note
3rd October 2014, 10:21 AM
Read a review that Yaan = Yawn. Jeeva's bad luck continues. Many of his movies which were expected to do well failed - David, NEPV, Mugamoodi.

Heard he gave up on Madras to do Yaan. Looks like a bad decision.

ajaybaskar
3rd October 2014, 10:29 AM
He cashed in Simbu's bad decision in the past. Vaanam for Ko

A.ANAND
3rd October 2014, 11:15 AM
ARANMANAI

recentlly naan paata movie-laye miga kevalamana padam..athuvum hanshika murder scene..

thiyagaraja bagavathar-ra palaya padathilla 10 katti kuthu vaangiyum uyirukku poradum bothu urukkama hingh pich-la 4 paatu paadittu saavare intha mathirithan irunthau..hanshika saavu!!marana kodumai..

HonestRaj
3rd October 2014, 09:33 PM
andheri puli Raju bhai'aga Surya kalakkiya ANJAAN

vijay'kku oru THALAIVAA, Ajith'kku oru BILLA-2 (janaa nan innum parkkalai) varisaiyil surya'kku ANJAAN...

mass comedy.. tooth pick is my pick... last scene sums up audience reaction.. tyre bursting & soori sliding

i like to remind this dialogue from RUN.. "ellorum leg piece kaetta enge poradhu.. kozhikku irukkuradhe rendu kaal than" [something similar.. i'm not an expert in posting exact dialogues]...

"ellorum don kadhai kaetta enge poguradhu.. irukkuradhe rendu don kadhaithan.. adhula onnu basha innonnu nayagan"

unintentional fun.. not the tune video..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VAFutX6_AL4

HonestRaj
3rd October 2014, 09:42 PM
Boring Mystery thriller, Sarabham - made worse by bad acting.
The girl was good though. :)

all these extended short films are losing its value & are becoming waste of time for audience & everyone involved
only 10% of these kind of films succeeds (example: Neram)

HonestRaj
3rd October 2014, 09:45 PM
Vaanavarayan Vallavarayan - one of the worst movie recently made

100% agree..
i don't know the full form of ma.ka.pa (m.k.p).. but i would say, mokkai.payal.anand..
i don't know why but i hate anyone related to vijay tv

HonestRaj
3rd October 2014, 09:52 PM
Thirumanam ennum nikkah
- Nazriya :clap: for persisting with own voice in every film (i think so)
- beautiful girl.. :(
- Jai is also good.. though nothing different from his previous films..
- i'm not sure what director wants to say.. do the lead character in love for each other? or they started loving the other religion? if this situation happens in my life.. i would be double happy how it all turned out.. not sad like the lead pair..
- honourable mention: one of my fav. scene stealer.. who comes in one or two scenes.. but gives a big impression.. comdy time Mayilsamy... :lol:

balaajee
3rd October 2014, 11:34 PM
Read a review that Yaan = Yawn. Jeeva's bad luck continues. Many of his movies which were expected to do well failed - David, NEPV, Mugamoodi. unanimous comments & reviews...7 tickets, snacks + parking= 1050+750+160......total waste.

interz
4th October 2014, 12:29 AM
Velaiyilla Pattathaari - 1/2 good, 1/2 too cliched

Dhanush delivers a fine performance in this tailormade role. His careergraph is steadily going upwards. Amala Paul did her part well too, she is very apt for a character like girl next door, namakku thaan kilavi next door ennu vithi....another hero of the movie is Anirudh. Songs are great and the witty words make u remember the songs furthermore BGM has never been Anirudhs weakness, way to go kid.

Director went too cinematic in 2nd half. He could have tried something different. Nevertheless worth watching because of Dhanush &Anirudh

HonestRaj
4th October 2014, 12:49 AM
Burma - again a bad movie

yes.. good part is its run time : 1 1/2 hrs & decent performance by everyone & good looking heroine..
nothing great.. another 24 hrs kind of story... little twists.. hero wins everytime.... all is well ending..

gane14
4th October 2014, 01:28 AM
Salim - Good.

Tailor made role for Vijay Antony...
Liked this movie more than Naan as this movie moves at a brisk speed comparing the other.

BGM was too good in this movie

A.ANAND
4th October 2014, 12:25 PM
MADRAS

gud movie..but karti intha movie-la ottave illa..thodar tholvigalalal edutha mudiva irukkumo!!!

bgm intha murai kavuthutaru santhosh..overdose..

interz
5th October 2014, 06:36 PM
Yaan - test

needed to make a commercial tamil flick_
1. Hero without job, with much time on hand to chase heroine :check
2. Heroine glamourous in 1st half turning homely 2nd half: check
3. crash test dummy piece villain: check
4. Rich porukki mappilai: check
5. Heroines dad opposes the love: check
6. foreign locations that just works as eyecandy but has no value to the movie: check
7. to increase sale CDs and downloads (legally) hire ace MD: check
8. waferthin story: check
9. the red line is missing: check
10. thinking audiences are fools: check

Anban
6th October 2014, 06:04 AM
the most consistent masala movie fan of this hub criticises Yaan ... must be a worstttuu movie then..

k_vanan
6th October 2014, 04:44 PM
BURMA

[b]hero wins everytime.... all is well ending..[b]

Are u sure ? :-?

At the end villain trapped hero illaiya HR ? ... maybe they plan for part 2. Enaku padam pidichuruku ;)

HonestRaj
6th October 2014, 08:42 PM
BURMA

[b]hero wins everytime.... all is well ending..[b]

Are u sure ? :-?

At the end villain trapped hero illaiya HR ? ... maybe they plan for part 2. Enaku padam pidichuruku ;)

where & how he was trapped?
both Atul kulkarni & Sampath are in jail

balaajee
6th October 2014, 09:35 PM
where & how he was trapped?
both Atul kulkarni & Sampath are in jail
U missed I think....Hero moves in a car @ end....a woman trapped in back seat...

HonestRaj
6th October 2014, 09:50 PM
okay.. i checked again.. may be he is trapped..
but it doesn't mean he is trapped unless they extend the scene..
this end is more like Chennai-28 end..

HonestRaj
6th October 2014, 10:00 PM
I watched movie "megha" yesterday..... very nice and subtle love and thriller...... it's very refreshing to listen the song "Putham puthu kalai" in digital version...i'm completely enthralled by the song... it's running in loop since yesterday.....I felt the movie is highly under rated.... when started to watch, i did not know it was ilayaraja's music.... but i started to observe quality of music.....I miss mottai very much nowadays....

Song visuals are simple and captivating....Young technicians did fantastic job.

+1 (adhula 0.75 heroinukku)

I do have same confusion and but did not give much important to climax.....In overall, the movie is subtle, non-linear narration and good try from new comers.... I felt all the songs are good and aptly fit in to screen play. Rerecording is fantastic. if i get time/chance, i would definitely watch it one more time particularly romantic scenes.

Honest,
ippadithaan naanum aarambichen....I have no clue about the movie.. so my expectation was zero..... it turned out to be good... Hope you also like it.

Megha..
I liked it except for last 30 mins..
those 30 mins ranged from slow - slower - slowest..

i agree with all the above comments.. .
heroine is good looking.. romantic scenes & dialogues are nice..
putham pudhu kaalai is excellent & bgm in love scenes are so nice...

HonestRaj
6th October 2014, 10:03 PM
anybody saw IRUMBHU KUDHIRAI..
i've seen 1 hr, so far..
camera work & backdrop in most scenes are lovely.. & priya anand.. sssssh.. amsam..
they show pondicherry like some european country.. [nan pondicherrykkum ponadhillai, iropavukkum ponadhillai.. ellam google images'than]

uruzalari
6th October 2014, 10:52 PM
i've seen 1 hr, so far..
camera work & backdrop in most scenes are lovely.. & priya anand.. sssssh.. amsam..
they show pondicherry like some european country.. [nan pondicherrykkum ponadhillai, iropavukkum ponadhillai.. ellam google images'than]

Read in a review that it was actually a foreign location and was portrayed as Pondicherry

interz
7th October 2014, 03:14 AM
Vanayarayan, Vallavarayan - crappy movie

Kollywood doesnt seem to have learned the lesson about time. Still making movie like they did 20 years ago, and expecting audience to go see it. The movie is like a lesson on Murphys law's theory, everything that can go wrong goes wrong. This has to be worst movie in 2014, it beats Yaan by several miles. I dont even want my enemies to watch the movie. This is beyond torture.

joe
7th October 2014, 09:24 PM
மெட்ராஸ்
நீண்ட நாட்களுக்குப்பின் ஒரு சுவாரஸ்யமான படம் . வட சென்னை வீட்டுவசதி குடியிருப்பின் அரசியல் பின்புலத்தை ஒரு பருந்துப் பார்வை பார்க்கிறது படம் .கொஞ்சம் வன்முறை ,வணிக கூறுகள் இருந்தாலும் ஏராளமான சுவாரஸ்யங்களும் ,சிறப்பான அவதானிப்புகளும் அங்கேயே வளர்ந்த ஒரு இயக்குநருக்கு கைகூடுவது ஆச்சரியமில்லை . வாழ்த்துகள் அட்டைக்கத்தி ரஞ்சித் . என்ன ..கார்த்திக்கு பதிலா தனுஷ் இருந்திருக்கலாமோ என தோணிச்சு

Avadi to America
7th October 2014, 10:26 PM
மெட்ராஸ்
நீண்ட நாட்களுக்குப்பின் ஒரு சுவாரஸ்யமான படம் . வட சென்னை வீட்டுவசதி குடியிருப்பின் அரசியல் பின்புலத்தை ஒரு பருந்துப் பார்வை பார்க்கிறது படம் .கொஞ்சம் வன்முறை ,வணிக கூறுகள் இருந்தாலும் ஏராளமான சுவாரஸ்யங்களும் ,சிறப்பான அவதானிப்புகளும் அங்கேயே வளர்ந்த ஒரு இயக்குநருக்கு கைகூடுவது ஆச்சரியமில்லை . வாழ்த்துகள் அட்டைக்கத்தி ரஞ்சித் . என்ன ..கார்த்திக்கு பதிலா தனுஷ் இருந்திருக்கலாமோ என தோணிச்சு

Joe, I too felt the same. Dhanaush makaloda makkal kalnthuttu irrupapla...

Avadi to America
7th October 2014, 10:27 PM
-Deleted-

HonestRaj
7th October 2014, 10:35 PM
i've seen 1 hr, so far..

2nd half.. is okay.. director tried something new with bike racing..

rsubras
8th October 2014, 04:06 PM
Joe, I too felt the same. Dhanaush makaloda makkal kalnthuttu irrupapla...

Karthi ku pathila Vijay nadichiruntha........ intha padathoda title ah Chennai nu maathanum illa film ah ban pannanum nu oru group kilambirukkalam :)

VinodKumar's
8th October 2014, 04:42 PM
Jeeva would have been good ...