PDA

View Full Version : Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16

Mahen
27th October 2013, 07:03 AM
Insidious 2...much creepier than The conjuring

Mr.GreyShirt
27th October 2013, 07:21 AM
Insidious 2...much creepier than The conjuring

Really? Insidious 2 was an unnecessary sequel to a great horror film. It felt like he was forced to make that movie due to a contract.

Mahen
27th October 2013, 09:17 AM
Didnt watch the first one :oops:

joe
27th October 2013, 08:48 PM
Raja Raani - Better than expected.
Arya, Jay , Nayanthara did good job , surprisingly Santhaanam too ..he he.
Atlee , I think Shankar's assistance , have a ability to show frames with rich look.
Thampi offscreen vazhisalgaLai korachukitta munneeRa vaaippundu

mappi
27th October 2013, 10:43 PM
machete kills

Ha Ha ! Machete Kills : Seriously, Trejo in a leading role for the sencond time ... LoL.
But I liked the fake trailer turned movie Machete more [the trailer was featured in the Grindhouse back to back feature films presented by Rodriguez & Tarantino - Planet Terror & Death Proof].

Machete Kills is not a direct sequel but you can say its the same main characters. Charlie Sheen as the Powerful Man & Mel Gibson as the super villan adds to the laughter boiling point. And the chameleon characters were funny, including Lady Gaga and poor little Antonio Banderas ! The most hillarious scenes were when Machete is hanged & Machete doesn't Tweet (LoL). The major disappointments were there were less girls + the voilence was a rehash from Part 1 + the action sequences were not up to the mark but just more digital blood (Is Rodriguez tired or loosing his grip !). But the film safegaurds the silliness, which works in favour of the film as it did for the former.

I did not know you would watch these genres. I am a huge fan of exploitation movies, esp. their posters/stills.
Here is a site that might interest you : http://fantasticfest.com/
It has a lot of articles and schedules of films specilising in "horror, fantasy, sci-fi, action and just plain fantastic movies from all around the world."
Check the Drafthouse films too, the link is on top of the site

And here is a site I frequent almost every sunday afternoon : http://www.grindhousedatabase.com/index.php/Main_Page
A wonderful site with lots of information mostly on the 42nd street movies. It has some cool posters.
The best part is they give the link to buy the Dvds and most of the film are less than 5 dollars.
Check the links provided on top of this site too.

Warning : If you are not an exploitation movie fan, please dont check any of these sites or watch Machete films. Its Rated double R (for everything) .. LoL.
For ex : Machete kills people by throwing their intestine over the fans of a Helicopter.

Waiting for Machete Kills Again ... In Space.

mappi
27th October 2013, 10:47 PM
Telugu Nagarjuna Movie "Bhai"

Did you see the Akshay Kumar starrer "Boss" ! excellent film which definelty will provoke you to write a sentence with wild card characters ... LoL
Lets not take the space to talk about Bhai, but just one point : the duet song "Nemmadiga" was shot under Predjama castle in Solvenia. A wonderful Castle and the song does justice is pictorising in and around the Castle. A must destination in your Europe Tour : http://www.slovenia.info/?grad=654

mappi
27th October 2013, 10:48 PM
Thampi offscreen vazhisalgaLai korachukitta munneeRa vaaippundu

LoL. Quite true.
Add in the Arya effect, even Bala smiled a couple of times during Avan Ivan Promos ... LoL

Dilbert
27th October 2013, 11:01 PM
Ha Ha ! Machete Kills : Seriously, Trejo in a leading role for the sencond time ... LoL.
But I liked the fake trailer turned movie Machete [the trailer was featured in the Grindhouse back to back feature films presented by Rodriguez & Tarantino - Planet Terror & Death Proof].

Machete Kills is not a direct sequel but you can say its the same main characters. Charlie Sheen as the Powerful Man & Mel Gibson as the super villan adds to the laughter boiling point. And the chameleon characters were funny, including Lady Gaga and poor little Antonio Banderas ! The most hillarious scenes were when Machete is hanged & Machete doesn't Tweet (LoL). The major disappointments were there were less girls + the voilence was a rehash from Part 1 + the action sequences were not up to the mark but just more digital blood (Is Rodriguez tired or loosing his grip !). But the film safegaurds the silliness, which works in favour of the film as it did for the former.

I did not know you would watch these genres. I am a huge fan of exploitation movies, esp. their posters/stills.
Here is a site that might interest you : http://fantasticfest.com/
It has a lot of articles and schedules of films specilising in "horror, fantasy, sci-fi, action and just plain fantastic movies from all around the world."
Check the Drafthouse films too, the link is on top of the site

And here is a site I frequent almost every sunday afternoon : http://www.grindhousedatabase.com/index.php/Main_Page
A wonderful site with lots of information mostly on the 42nd street movies. It has some cool posters.
The best part is they give the link to buy the Dvds and most of the film are less than 5 dollars.
Check the links provided on top of this site too.

Warning : If you are not an exploitation movie fan, please dont check any of these sites or watch Machete films. Its Rated double R (for everything) .. LoL.
For ex : Machete kills people by throwing their intestine over the fans of a Helicopter.

Waiting for Machete Kills Again ... In Space.

Spot on :rotfl: But you forgot the main Head lights of the movie (oops Highlight) of the movie Sophia vergara.
time to time I watch these movies to re-kindle those long last memories :)(pl don't ask for me details hehe :oops:). This edition also missed that midas touch of "Quentin" Hopefully he will be back for next one.

Here we have theaters in both east and west which screen only movies of these genres and also cult sci-fi (likes of Serenity) for 2 bucks over the weekend. Whenever I have couple of hours after lunch , I go there time to time.

interz
27th October 2013, 11:02 PM
Man of Steel (on dvd) - Huge dissapointment.
I had high expectations for the movie. The movie was way more different than expected. It has many flashbacks, and is confusing to watch. The best part about the movie are the action scenes.

One of the main reason I liked to watch old Superman movies and Lois & Clark was the humourous scenes, especially in the old movie, even the sidekicks had some scenes that made me ROFL.

This movie is made too serious to enjoy. Superman lost his charm in the movie.

I hope they will make him look better in upcoming movie Superman vs. Batman.

Dilbert
27th October 2013, 11:07 PM
I had high expectations for the movie. The movie was way more different than expected. It has many flashbacks, and is confusing to watch. The best part about the movie are the action scenes.

One of the main reason I liked to watch old Superman movies and Lois & Clark was the humourous scenes, especially in the old movie, even the sidekicks had some scenes that made me ROFL.

This movie is made too serious to enjoy. Superman lost his charm in the movie.

I hope they will make him look better in upcoming movie Superman vs. Batman.

Even I had a pretty high expectation , when JJ promoted it first with Super 8. I don't have much hopes on Superman vs Batman, will see.

mappi
27th October 2013, 11:21 PM
Head lights of the movie (oops Highlight) of the movie Sophia vergara.

Didn't mention it as I felt it as spoiler alert ... LoL. And thats the best innovation since the rise of the apes to humans !

One day I will visit the theatres that you are talking about, would love to. Just got to grab some french fries and board the plane.

mappi
27th October 2013, 11:23 PM

I share your disappointment.

http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?9870-Film-Documentary-Recently-watched-amp-worthy-of-some-discussion&p=1056865&viewfull=1#post1056865
http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?9870-Film-Documentary-Recently-watched-amp-worthy-of-some-discussion&p=1056866&viewfull=1#post1056866

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
27th October 2013, 11:31 PM
Even I had a pretty high expectation , when JJ promoted it first with Super 8. I don't have much hopes on Superman vs Batman, will see.

JJ ?? J.Jayalalithaa ?

Dilbert
27th October 2013, 11:32 PM
Didn't mention it as I felt it as spoiler alert ... LoL. And thats the best innovation since the rise of the apes to humans !

One day I will visit the theatres that you are talking about, would love to. Just got to grab some french fries and board the plane.

Wait wait , we should credit the original inventor too Austin Oh - Behave !!

Dilbert
27th October 2013, 11:40 PM
JJ ?? J.Jayalalithaa ? If I recollect correctly he(JJ = Abrams) was initially involved in this project , before zack was brought in and he moved on with his MI movie. TN people these days dream amma, speak amma , walk amma I guess :rotfl: just kidding.

NOV
28th October 2013, 07:26 AM
Aadhalaal Kaadhal Seiveer (And So You Shall Make Love) is a story of teen-love. The climax is a stunner and sends a strong message without being preachy. Guaranteed to move the viewer. The film is only one and half hours long!

balaajee
28th October 2013, 05:25 PM
Mathappu- Not a bad movie, directed by 'Dhinathorum' Nagaraj. Hero's voice is exactly like actor Karthi's voice(Sivakumar's son)...name of the Hero character is "Karthi". Some scenes are good here & there..

HonestRaj
29th October 2013, 02:19 AM
If I recollect correctly he(JJ = Abrams) was initially involved in this project , before zack was brought in and he moved on with his MI movie. TN people these days dream amma, speak amma , walk amma I guess :rotfl: just kidding.

rajini also lip movement for amma enralaikkadha uyirillaiye

Dilbert
29th October 2013, 03:49 AM

Good one Aanestu :rotfl:

Cinemarasigan
29th October 2013, 12:56 PM

:lol: by the way it was in 1991...

Ramkumar86
1st November 2013, 02:52 PM
Sutta kadhai on puthu yugam TV - coming sunday 5 PM.

balaajee
1st November 2013, 03:28 PM
Sutta kadhai on puthu yugam TV - coming sunday 5 PM.

சுட்ட கதை - சினிமா விமர்சனம் மலைவாழ் மக்களின் தலைவரைச் 'சுட்ட கதை!’
ராம்கி ரசிகன் பாலாஜியும், வலது காது கேட்காத வெங்கியும் சிரிப்பு போலீஸ்காரர்கள். அவர்கள், பணிக்குச் சேர்ந்த கோரமலை பகுதியின் மலைவாழ் இனத்தைச் சேர்ந்த லட்சுமிப்ரியாவைக் காதலிக்கிறார்கள். இந்த நிலையில் மலைவாழ் மக்களின் தலைவர் எம்.எஸ்.பாஸ்கர், மர்மமான முறையில் சுட்டுக் கொல்லப்படுகிறார். 'அப்பாவைக் கொலை செய்தவனை அழிப்பேன்’ என்று சபதமெடுத்துப் புறப்படுகிறார் லட்சுமிப்ரியா. ஒரு திகீர் திருப்பத்தில் அடையாளம் தெரியாத ஒருவரைச் சுட்டுவிடுகிறார் பாலாஜி. எம்.எஸ்.பாஸ்கரைச் சுட்டது யார்... பாலாஜி சுட்டது யாரை? என்பதுதான் சுட்டகதையின் மீதிக் கதை!
முழுக்கவே ஒரு கற்பனையான, கலகலப்பான மலைக் கிராமத்தில் கதையை அமைத்த ஐடியாவில் வசீகரிக்கிறார் அறிமுக இயக்குநர் சுபு.
பாலாஜிக்கு, படத்தில் ஹீரோ புரொமோஷன். ராம்கி ரசிகன் ப்ளஸ் திருட்டு போலீஸ் மேனரிஸங்களை அச்சு அசலாகப் பிரதிபலித்து சிரிக்க வைக்கிறார். வெங்கியும் பாடி http://cdnw.vikatan.com/av/2013/11/zjblzt/images/p10a.jpgலாங்வேஜில் பிரமாதப்படுத்துகிறார். டிபார்ட்மென்ட் சைக்கிளை ஒரு திருடனிடம் கொடுத்த விஷயம் தெரிந்ததும், அவர் ஓடிவரும் ஸ்டைல் குபீர் சிரிப்பு. தனக்கு வலது காது கேட்காது என்பதை, யாருக்கும் தெரியாமல் சமாளிக்க முயற்சிக்கும் காட்சிகளில் ஸ்கோர் செய்கிறார்.

'மினி’ விஜயசாந்தியாக ஆக்ரோஷம் காட்டும்போதும் அழகாக இருக்கிறார் லட்சுமிப்ரியா. 'மூக்கைப் பார்த்தா நம்ம சாதிக்காரன் மாதிரி இருக் கானே’ என்று மைண்ட் வாய்ஸில் யோசிக்கும் நாசர், வழக்கம்போல பலே!
http://cdnw.vikatan.com/av/2013/11/zjblzt/images/p10.jpgமேட்லி ப்ளுஸின் இசை படத்துக்குப் பொருத்தம். கல்வி அமைச்சர், சிபாரிசுக் கடிதத்தில் கைநாட்டு இடுவது, மொக்கை போலீஸுக்கு 'சிங்கம்’ என பெயர் வைத்திருப்பது, பாரடைஸ் டீக்கடையை இங்கிலீஷில் 'பரதேசி’ என்று எழுதியிருப்பது என சின்னச் சின்ன ஐடியாக்கள் ரசனை ரகம்.
எம்.எஸ்.பாஸ்கரைக் கொன்றது யார் என்பது சுவாரஸ்ய முடிச்சுதான். ஆனால், அதில் எந்த ட்விஸ்ட்டும் இல்லையே சுபு? காட்சியில் இருக்கவேண்டிய ட்விஸ்ட், வசனத்தில் இருந்தால் மட்டும் போதுமா?
நச் லொகேஷன், கிச்சுகிச்சு கதாபாத்திரங்கள் என கவனம் செலுத்திய இயக்குநர், ஒட்டுமொத்தத் திரைக்கதையிலும் படீர் முடிச்சுகளைத் தூவியிருந்தால், படம் நம் மனதை சுளீரென சுட்டிருக்கும்!

- விகடன் விமர்சனக் குழு

paranitharan
2nd November 2013, 11:49 AM
Aadhalaal Kaadhal Seiveer (And So You Shall Make Love) is a story of teen-love. The climax is a stunner and sends a strong message without being preachy. Guaranteed to move the viewer. The film is only one and half hours long!

Agree. Was it by Suseendran? Was thinking it will be thulluvatho ilamai type but I was pleasantly surprised it was not the case. Film wasn't manipulative or preaching. It was simple and straight forward. The girl was fantastic. She lived the character. The last song wasn't needed but what a film.

uruzalari
2nd November 2013, 12:54 PM
Pandiya Naadu - Very good. Quite gripping and a neat treatment for a standard story. Most importantly despite being an action flick, logic has been given due respect. Suseentharan impresses again. Sincerely hope the movie gets it's due this festive season

uruzalari
2nd November 2013, 02:43 PM
Agree. Was it by Suseendran? Was thinking it will be thulluvatho ilamai type but I was pleasantly surprised it was not the case. Film wasn't manipulative or preaching. It was simple and straight forward. The girl was fantastic. She lived the character. The last song wasn't needed but what a film.

Yes it was...

SenGOEk
2nd November 2013, 08:18 PM
Watched Pandianadu.. Vishal had made a superb comeback after damb squibs.. Perfect action thriller without any flaws..BGM was good..Stunts were superb..Suseentharan has done a great job..It is a clear Diwali winner..

SenGOEk
2nd November 2013, 08:19 PM
Rajasekar @sekartweets
Interesting thing about #Pandianadu business is it is a getting good response in #Andhra.With one film Vishal made a comeback in both TN &AP

SenGOEk
2nd November 2013, 08:19 PM
Dhananjayan Govind @Dhananjayang
#Pandiyanaadu is a gripping, powerful, realistic & well narrated common man's revenge story. No cinematic exaggerations & yet impactful:-)

SenGOEk
2nd November 2013, 08:25 PM
TFU Kannan @TFU_Kannan
#Pandiyanaadu - Neat thriller which's gripping right from the start & moves at brisk pace, only climax bit let down. Still go 4 it! (7.5/10)
#Pandiyanaadu - Vishal's back with a bang! Bharathiraja & Lohitashwa simply awesome acting, Lakshmi & Soori good and nice cameo by Vikranth

SenGOEk
2nd November 2013, 08:30 PM
Kollywood Cinema @KollywudCinema
#Paandiyanadu 3.75/5 Best Action Entertainment @immancomposer big plus in this movie BGM Awesome Do RT A Must Watch

SenGOEk
2nd November 2013, 08:30 PM
Nikkil Murugan @onlynikil
Suseenthiran's Pandiyanaadu Marana mass says Audience.Good response for Cameraman Mathi'

SenGOEk
2nd November 2013, 08:31 PM
dir_Seenu Ramasamy @seenuramasamy
இயக்குனர் சுசீந்திரன் இயக்கிய..பாண்டிய நாடு சுவராஸ்யமான படம்.விஷால் நடிப்பு சிறப்பு.வாழ்த்துக்கள்,

SenGOEk
2nd November 2013, 08:31 PM
Only Kollywood @OnlyKollywood
#Pandiyanaadu - Undoubtedly the best of Vishal and a great comeback for him. Cast, Screenplay, Narration also are major pluses as well.

SenGOEk
2nd November 2013, 08:33 PM
Rajasekar @sekartweets
excellent comeback by Vishal - happy for him :)

uruzalari
2nd November 2013, 08:51 PM
Why no separate thread for this film? People are so willing to bash AAA. But it atleast has a thread

SenGOEk
2nd November 2013, 08:58 PM
Kolly Buzz @KollyBuzz
The last 25 minutes gives a thrilling experience. Overall, #Pandiyanaadu is sure shot winner among the Diwali releases. A must watch film

SenGOEk
2nd November 2013, 09:00 PM
Kolly Buzz @KollyBuzz
#PandiyaNaadu -Vishal & Bharathiraja has given a rocking performance! Suseendhiran's engaging screenplay & Imman's BGM was solid! 3.75/5

uruzalari
2nd November 2013, 09:09 PM
*** Pandiya Nadu Review - Gripping Action Drama ***

Suseentharan makes a definite impression again...

http://www.moviecrow.com/News/3140/pandiya-nadu-review

SenGOEk
2nd November 2013, 09:09 PM
MovieCrow @MovieCrow
#PandiyaNadu Review- Gripping action movie giving importance to emotion & logic(3.5/5)

SenGOEk
2nd November 2013, 09:10 PM
MovieCrow @MovieCrow
MovieCrow's highest rated(aggregate) movie of Diwali 1. Pandiyanadu (68%) 2. Arrambam (66%) 3. All in All..(38%)

SenGOEk
2nd November 2013, 09:16 PM
First time, a non-superstar movie trending wide. #Pandiyanaadu deserves it. Kudos to Vishal for producing and acting well.

SenGOEk
2nd November 2013, 09:19 PM
http://www.sify.com/movies/pandiya-nadu-is-imaginative-review-tamil-15042487.html

The jaded revenge formula in commercial cinema is reinvented by Suseenthiran with Pandiya Nadu. Vishal has come out with his best ever performance in a difficult role.

The story is the tried and tested revenge theme, but the impact it is able to create is terrific. The film keeps you hooked till the end due to Suseenthiran’s script, fabulous performances from the lead actors and believability factor.

Yes, Pandiya Nadu is imaginative! The director and power of his script does construct an actor-driven adventure with panache. When was the last time you came out of a theatre wishing you could go back in and watch it again? It's an unpredictable revenge drama that combines family sentiments, romance and violence.

A typical joint family story. Vishal is an ordinary guy working in a mobile service centre in small town Madurai, who falls for a school teacher (Lakshmi Menon). His father (Bharthiraja) a retired government employee dotes on his elder brother a government employee. Meanwhile there is big mafia gang led by a tough guy(Lohit Ashwa), who rules Madurai with an iron fist. Vishal’s brother an honest officer gets into his bad books and is bumped off. Now, the helpless father and the meek son draw up separate plans to eliminate the bad guy!

Pandiya Nadu has Tamil cinema’s favourite formula of an underdog hitting back at a bunch of people who destroyed his picture perfect family. But the real strength of the film is its writing. The bus stand scene where the son knows the shocking truth about his father and the way he saves him is picturised very well.

Vishal rises to the challenge of delivering a credible underplayed performance and is terrific especially in the climax scenes. Breaking out of his recent penchant for trying to project himself as a lover-boy and trying hand at comedy, he gives evidence of his potential when trusted with a well-written role that requires him to give a subtle performance.

Lohit Ashwa as the bad guy is fantastic. He is able to create a fear and hate among the audiences which helps the story to create sympathy for the hero. Lakshmi has nothing much to do but appear in few scenes and a song. Bharthiraja as the dad is superb, especially in the last scene. Soori appears more in a character role than as a comedian. Vikranth in a cameo is stunning.

D Imman ‘s music and background score is one of the pillars of the film as all songs are good. Mathi’s camera is another major highlight of the film. It is in sync with the mood of the film and has captured the Madurai milieu aptly.

Amidst all the violence and killings, this film has a full beating heart. It is logical and has something new within the commercial format. Go on, Pandiya Nadu is worth investing in a movie ticket.

Verdict – Good

uruzalari
2nd November 2013, 09:27 PM
Dhananjayan Govind ‏@Dhananjayang 1h
Congrats to Vishal & his team at @VffVishal for believing in the story & coming out amidst tough competition & yet winning the battle. Kudos

SenGOEk
2nd November 2013, 09:33 PM
Every film critic unanimously praising Pandiyanadu..Clear winner for this Diwali..Hope Vishal takes forward this victory with his future assignments too..

SenGOEk
2nd November 2013, 09:37 PM
Dhaya Alagiri @dhayaalagiri
heard the dark horse #Pandiyanaadu has won the Diwali race... congrats to its team... haven seen it yet... maybe tonight...

paranitharan
2nd November 2013, 09:44 PM
In terms of quality it seems to be the winner but box office la Aarambam clearly won.

uruzalari
2nd November 2013, 09:56 PM
In terms of quality it seems to be the winner but box office la Aarambam clearly won.

Arrambam will anyday collect more .... But this film needs to be supported..... commercial film with logic intact...... This movie is running a different race and Arrambam a different one ..... This can very well be a winner in it's own right at the box office based on ROI .....

paranitharan
2nd November 2013, 09:58 PM
Definitely film become hit merely on their merit. If the film is good it will get the support it deserves.

uruzalari
2nd November 2013, 10:30 PM
Not seeing many personal reviews from hub members..... Seeing the unanimously positive approach in the media please do not mistake that the movie is not an entertaining watch!!! ....It is a commercial action flick on the lines of Polladhavan, Naan Mahaan Alla and Thadayara Thaaka .

Siv.S
2nd November 2013, 11:13 PM
Movie Buff :thumbsup: the other guy :lol2: tuitter-la Karhi Dp-aa vachukittu thirincha bayaha thaana kadantha rendu vaarama :lol:

hattori_hanzo
3rd November 2013, 04:28 AM

Just finished watching it. The climax is a stunner indeed. Suseendran :bow:

SenGOEk
3rd November 2013, 09:57 PM
Udhay @Udhaystalin
#paandiyanaadu is gud! dont miss it! super team work ! congratz @VffVishal producer saar nd the whole team

SenGOEk
3rd November 2013, 09:57 PM
Sreedhar Pillai @sri50
#PandiyaNadu - Good WOM, collections decent, will improve as more screens will b added from 2nd week.

HonestRaj
4th November 2013, 01:27 AM
Raja Rani
- rombha super ellam illai... once parkkalam
- i thought it would be story between the 4.. but it turned out to be 2 different flash backs + 1 link
- Nazriya... sema cute & her own voice.. nice.. intro - super.. liked her part of the story..
- jai & sathyan performed better than Arya & santhanam
- nayan.. aunty madhiri theriyara

HonestRaj
4th November 2013, 01:32 AM
Idharkkuthane Aasaipattai Balakumara
- had a hearty laugh.. even for parotta suri..
- every small character did their part well & screenplay is written well
- pasupathy & kumudha happy :rotfl3:
- very good message for all casual & regular drunkers
- bala reminds me vikram in some of his dialogue delivery.. is this the guy acted in mangatha?

mappi
4th November 2013, 04:43 AM
- bala reminds me vikram in some of his dialogue delivery.. is this the guy acted in mangatha?

Thanks baa !

CEDYBLUE
4th November 2013, 07:58 AM
Paandiyanadu:

Watched in Yesterday and liked it.

The first half was completely flawless with a beautiful flow. Vishal, Vikranth, Bharathiraja, Lakshmi Menon and the Villan were all outstanding. Trademark Sussendran all the way.
IMO, second half was a little less-engaging compared to the first, but still good.
Overall, Vishal was outstanding and so was Bharathiraja and the villain was quite menacing too.
Worth a way, definitely.

rsubras
4th November 2013, 12:17 PM
Friends in K TV......... When Nerukku ner happened it was a total misfit since a novice Surya was pitted in what could have been a clash of the titans (Ajith vs Vijay), so the film lost its sheen due to that factor but in Friends particularly in Kuyilukku koo koo song the friendship chemistry between Surya and Vijay was very good, it was very nice to see them but unfortunately other than this chemistry and Vadivelu comedy track in the first half of the movie, the movie gets bad from the time Vijay ties the knot to Devayani

Dinesh84
5th November 2013, 12:53 PM
PaandiyaNaadu -

A decent one from Vishal after a very long time.
Lakshmi Menon was under utilized. Vikrant, Soori, Barathiraja and Sharath were apt for their respective roles.
Worth a watch.

HonestRaj
5th November 2013, 10:54 PM
Lakshmi Menon was under utilized.
Worth a watch.

yov.. ennayya idhu...

HonestRaj
5th November 2013, 10:56 PM

Baabuu...
raaaaj... azhuthaadhamma azhuthaadhamma :rotfl3:

message + humour.. i liked more than Soodhu kavvum... almost on par with NKPK

paranitharan
5th November 2013, 10:59 PM
On par with NKPK? Then I will skip it as I thoght NKPK was blade. Never in my life slept watching a film.

HonestRaj
5th November 2013, 11:22 PM
No... not really.. NKPK was slightly blade during the marriage scenes..
IABK has good screenplay... avoid alcohol consumption is the message.. how they link all the characters is the screenplay & it was a fun ride for me..

mappi
6th November 2013, 12:32 AM
Baabuu... raaaaj... azhuthaadhamma azhuthaadhamma :rotfl3:

I had talked about it here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?10444-Idharkuthane-Aasaipattai-Balakumara&p=1079961&viewfull=1#post1079961
I got the Suraa DVD, will be re-watching it tonight -
Pasupathy :
1/ Dei sugar patient da naanu .... 1/2 mani nerathula sapidanum da naanu
2/ Aiyooo Vandha tea-ai-um vendam-nu solli anupichitanga

LoL

mappi
6th November 2013, 12:46 AM
HonestRaj,
I totally understand you chosing IABK over NKPK. I would have choosen IABK over NKPK also, but I can't as I love NKPK for various reasons, some I have put in my review.

Just would like to highlight a similarity that we have not talked about :
NKPK does not have a sub-plot. Its just a one liner.
IABK is full of subplots where the main plot hangs around loosely

Suprise Similarity : You cannot narrate the story fully to anyone, it has to experienced only by watching these movies.

I would love to get my hands over these 2 scripts : Wish to see how they had stretched it quite neatly.

ecureuhapis
6th November 2013, 01:21 AM
555 - hell of an effort by bharath, but was his hard work even necessary for such movie. like avan ivan vishal. shades of machinist with lead character involved in gaslighting, ok in parts. mokkai heroines and mokkaiest villain brings the ratings down.

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
6th November 2013, 08:04 AM
yov.. ennayya idhu...

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Dinesh84
6th November 2013, 11:51 AM
yov.. ennayya idhu...

lol.. adhu appadi thaan kandukkadheenga ettaiya.. :mrgreen:

Adox
6th November 2013, 10:03 PM
555 - hell of an effort by bharath, but was his hard work even necessary for such movie. like avan ivan vishal. shades of machinist with lead character involved in gaslighting, ok in parts. mokkai heroines and mokkaiest villain brings the ratings down.

Completely forgot about 555. Havent seen it .... How was Bharath and how did it fare in BO ?

uruzalari
7th November 2013, 12:43 AM
Pandiya Nadu - The Hindu Review by Baradwaj Rangan

Bottomline: A templated action movie imbued with uncommon finesse.

http://www.thehindu.com/features/cinema/cinema-reviews/ordinary-people/article5321495.ece

Mr.GreyShirt
8th November 2013, 02:31 AM
Watched Mumbai Express again after a long time. Refreshing movie after all the recent mokka comedies.

mappi
8th November 2013, 04:52 AM
Just finished watching Sutta Kadhai - not bad at all. Balaji & Venkatesh moved the movie forward with a huge support from Nasser. If Subu had worked over the Oliver Twist, horse pills & Karadi subplot a bit more, it would have been really wonderful (its the main drawback for the climax to look lethargic as you cannot pin point the humor). The movie left me wanting more. I loved the premise of movie, esp. the hillarious opening & the twisty interval block. Just a portion - the evidence of the murder, the bullet, is inscribed with "if found return to" information ... LoL.

I understand that Suba wished only to carry forward the movie with 2 characters - the stealing eye & the deaf conscious - but it would have been great if he had elaborated it a bit more. The tone of the pulp fiction suited well the narration. And the music/bgm was excellent. Got to catch up with details about the compositor(s) - Madley Blues. And the movie has some cool posters.

Spoofs/gags were so discrete that its quite difficult to appreciate them if you didn't pay attention. Rest of the artists do an extended cameo not making much of an impression including the Spider Heroine (by the by all the character names were funny). And yes few intentional comedies do not provoke laughter as it takes too much time in punctuating them.

Sutta Kadhai : Outstanding effort

HonestRaj
9th November 2013, 06:25 PM
MOODAR KOODAM
- few laughs.. boring at some places
- liked the "mun kadhai" presentation.. each one was done differently

geno
9th November 2013, 08:50 PM
Gravity!

The experience of Space is amazing, even given the technical limitations of the Film, is spectacular visually!

more Brialliant visually than "Life of Pi" but on a Deeper level Life of Pi was better.

ecureuhapis
10th November 2013, 01:37 AM
Completely forgot about 555. Havent seen it .... How was Bharath and how did it fare in BO ?

bharath was the sole saving grace. he worked hard, but the movie doesn't actually require any hard work like bald and six pack looks.

mexicomeat
13th November 2013, 10:37 AM
"நாயகன்" பின்னணி இசைத்தொகுப்பு
http://www.radiospathy.com/2012/11/blog-post.html

balaajee
14th November 2013, 04:37 PM
Chennai Express ...:banghead:.... now i pray for Soodhu Kavvum hindi remake as its in the hands of same director...Rohit Shetty

mexicomeat
15th November 2013, 02:40 PM
director bala interview
http://www.techsatish.net/2013/11/natchathira-jannal-with-director-bala.html

Mahen
15th November 2013, 07:44 PM
Thanga Meengal..first 30 mins..sathiyama mudiyala..ram pls do not act in the future..etho oru 70s/80s tearjerker mathri iruku..not sure why Gautham was raving abt this film..but ram's visual sense :bow:

HonestRaj
16th November 2013, 02:58 PM
SUTTA KADHAI
boring, i didn't liked it

mappi
16th November 2013, 04:35 PM
Sutta Kadhai reminded me a lot the amateur stage performances in the school/college cultural events; esp. that song in the bar. Where the movie failed big time is at no point we get into the mindset of the characters. But still I enjoyed it (mostly in bits), liked the music and situations.

balaajee
18th November 2013, 05:49 PM
Evil dead 2013.... Really good....watch it alone...I suspect Director of the movie is inspired by sivaji 2007...for climax mia character dying & coming alive......

mappi
18th November 2013, 06:26 PM
Evil dead 2013.... Really good....watch it alone...

Here you go : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?9870-Film-Documentary-Recently-watched-amp-worthy-of-some-discussion&p=1058709&viewfull=1#post1058709

I suspect Director of the movie is inspired by sivaji 2007...for climax mia character dying & coming alive......

LoL. Watch Luc Besson's Malavita (the family) and put a comment on the opening scene. By the by Malavita is a fun movie, if you are interested.

thala
18th November 2013, 09:31 PM
Prisoners - Good thriller movie. Altough the movie is quite long the suspense was never lost. Accompanied by great acting and terrific screenplay.

ajaybaskar
18th November 2013, 09:35 PM
Yes. It was good. I couldnt guess the suspense.

venkkiram
18th November 2013, 09:50 PM
Watched Midnight in Paris, Wedding Crasher and The Internship - all Owen Wilson movies during the recent flight journey. When the first movie was a cult classic, the other two also was engrossing. Very good actor.

Will re-watch Midnight in Paris more and more to know the script in detail that Woody brought on literature and art history.

:clap: Stephane Wrembel (music), Woody Allen, Owen Wilson!!

mappi
18th November 2013, 10:04 PM
Yes, too, to Prisoners. A pretty decent movie. Remove Hugh Jackman's performence, the movie would have been even more great. Jake Gyllenhaal as the "eye-winking' detective has done a tremendous job. Holly Jones character was tailor made for Melissa Leo and Paul Dano as Alex gets on to your nerves merely threw his performence. Denis Villeneuve fluently shifts the mood by inducing a mixture of emotional events without tampering the suspense factor and he effortlessly succeeds in bringing everything together that too without any bit of rush. Apart from them its the background score by Johann Johannsson which really keeps you hooked.

19thmay
25th November 2013, 01:59 PM
1. IABK - Liked it just for jokes. VS had two songs but his part seems to be less.

2. Evil Dead 2013 - Gore is 200% ... colourful vomits, lot of hands, legs, mouth (???) chopping. But nothing is close to Evil Dead 1.

3. Villa – Somehow this movie was more like 1308 but interesting. It is not creepy. Climax and other sequences were boring. If this is Pizza II then it is definitely better than Pizza I.

19thmay
25th November 2013, 02:04 PM
Pandiya Nadu - Taking revenge in Madurai was a common theme but mixing it up with granite issue was great. As the movie started you know how it will end, very much predictable story, But BR :bow: man what a talent!!

joe
25th November 2013, 10:15 PM
பாண்டிய நாடு . ஓகே ரகம் .
பாரதிராஜா பட்டைய கிளப்பியிருக்கார் . விஷால் நல்ல முன்னேற்றம்.
வன்முறை சற்று அதிகம் (பொதுவா குத்துறது , வெட்டுறதெல்லாம் வரும் போது கண்ணை மூடிவிடுபவன் என்பதால் நிறைய நேரம் கண்ணை மூட வேண்டியிருந்தது)
எதிர்பார்த்த அளவு இல்லையென்றாலும் ஏமாற்றம் இல்லை . இல்லாத ஊருக்கு இலுப்பைப் பூ சர்க்கரை...சுசீந்திரன் ..கொஞ்சம் வெட்டுக்குத்து விட்டு மீண்டும் வெண்ணிலா கபடிக்குழு போல மண்மணக்க வாருங்கள் மீண்டும்

balaajee
28th November 2013, 11:46 AM
No Country for Old Men (film) - you can smell myskin in this movie.......

venkkiram
28th November 2013, 12:10 PM
No Country for Old Men (film) - you can smell myskin in this movie....... எப்படிங்க அதற்கும் மிஷ்கினிற்கும் முடிச்சி போடுறிங்க? No Country for Old Men தீமையின், வன்முறையின் காவியம். அற்புதமான கதை, திரைக்கதை, வசனம், பாத்திரப் படைப்பு.

balaajee
28th November 2013, 12:20 PM
எப்படிங்க அதற்கும் மிஷ்கினிற்கும் முடிச்சி போடுறிங்க? No Country for Old Men தீமையின், வன்முறையின் காவியம். அற்புதமான கதை, திரைக்கதை, வசனம், பாத்திரப் படைப்பு.
Based on less dialogues, Camera hesitate to move, shot continous after Scene ends...

ajaybaskar
28th November 2013, 04:38 PM
Bullett Raja

An old fashioned revenge drama set against UP backdrop. Many twists were predictable. Saif's one liners and the fast paced screenplay saves the film. Better than many recent masala blockbusters of bollywood.

hattori_hanzo
29th November 2013, 05:03 PM
சுசீந்திரன்[/FONT][/COLOR] ..கொஞ்சம் வெட்டுக்குத்து விட்டு மீண்டும் வெண்ணிலா கபடிக்குழு போல மண்மணக்க வாருங்கள் மீண்டும்

Joe, Suseendran's Adhalaal Kaadhal seiveer paakkalaya?

ajaybaskar
29th November 2013, 08:40 PM
Madras Cafe

A reasonably good thriller on the Rajiv Gandhi assassination episode. I didnt find anything offensive about TN or its people and in fact it only speaks for them . It only questions the approach of LTTE on that particular issue, which Prabhakaran himself admitted as a terrible mistake. Wonder why the movie was banned in TN. Are we too insecure about facing facts?

hattori_hanzo
30th November 2013, 04:20 AM
Madras Cafe

A reasonably good thriller on the Rajiv Gandhi assassination episode. I didnt find anything offensive about TN or its people and in fact it only speaks for them . It only questions the approach of LTTE on that particular issue, which Prabhakaran himself admitted as a terrible mistake. Wonder why the movie was banned in TN. Are we too insecure about facing facts?

The major accusation made on the movie was that all good characters were shown as Malayalis & the terrorists and bad men were all Tamils. I have not seen the movie but I remember reading Seeman's interview in Rediff about the protests. John Abraham being a Malayali, refused to apologize or bow down to the pressure.

hattori_hanzo
30th November 2013, 04:47 AM
Watched D-Day. Pretty good fast paced thriller about what will happen if Indian Government becomes bold enough to bring Dawood Ibrahim to India for prosecution. Not a classic but much better than commercial masalas. The surprise was our own Nasser. The last 10 years or so he has been acting in insignificant and sometimes really stupid characters(this path is sincerely followed by Ilaya Thilagam, another good actor). The 'Mayan' of Thevar Magan is nowhere to be seen now. In D-Day, he is not the antagonist but plays a character, very vital to the story and has more screen space than in his recent Tamil/Telugu movies. Had this movie been made in Tamil, the makers would have gone for someone like Jayaprakash and sidelined Nasser. As the head of RA&W, it was good to see him do a good role in a Bollywood film.
Shruti Hassan acts as a prostitute. Its a small role and she does justice. I didnt like this track much but her performance was good. The other girl - supersized Huma Qureshi had a meatier role.
Rishi Kapoor - Andha kaalathu dummy hero, who was reduced to nothing in Saagar by KH, and in many other movies by Amitabh, has somehow turned into a very impressive supporting actor. As Dawood, he is terrific.
Irfan Khan - Never seen any of his other movies. Somehow I always considered him to be an over-hyped actor with a sleepy face. Well, my opinion has'nt changed drastically after watching D-Day but the thing is, with that single expression and many long close-up shots he is able to make us believe he's acting. Adhuvum oru thirama dhaane.
Arjun Rampal - Romba kovakkaara paya. Adhigama pesa maattar. Vasadhiya pochu.

Those who like political thrillers, kidnap/assasination kind of movies would like it.

ajaybaskar
30th November 2013, 04:50 AM
Actually i didnt find any bad tamilian in the film. There is one traitor character which I thought was a tamilian. But he ended up being a Malayali. If guys like Seeman are desperate to create problems over silly issues, then we cant expect others to consider our opinions when there is really a serious issue.

uruzalari
30th November 2013, 09:26 AM
Vidiyum Munn - Brilliant film. Saw the tweets that it is an adaptation of the British film 'London To Brighton'. Checked Wikipedia. The plot is exactly the same. Only hope the makers are more open when they remake/adapt from foreign films.

selvakumar
30th November 2013, 09:57 AM
Actually i didnt find any bad tamilian in the film. There is one traitor character which I thought was a tamilian. But he ended up being a Malayali. If guys like Seeman are desperate to create problems over silly issues, then we cant expect others to consider our opinions when there is really a serious issue.

I think much of the issue was on Censor's take on allowing films on the eezham issue. A film like Kutra pathirikkai was banned for years whereas a hindi film focusing on Pro-India history was allowed without any issue. This is what irked many people and allowing such a film showing only one side of the history was their main concern.

mappi
30th November 2013, 04:35 PM
Vidiyum Munn - Brilliant film. Saw the tweets that it is an adaptation of the British film 'London To Brighton'. Checked Wikipedia. The plot is exactly the same. Only hope the makers are more open when they remake/adapt from foreign films.

Excellent. Been waiting for this movie since the poster/trailer was released.
London To Brighton is a British dense-drama with raw violence. Watched it about a decade back and loved it. Maybe will re-visit it to get the basic idea of VM.
And I always admired the sharp acting skills of Pooja + she is pretty too. Unfortunately it is not released here, I think. Got to check.

hamid
1st December 2013, 01:03 AM
Madras Cafe

Exactly the same feelings I had..

mappi
2nd December 2013, 05:24 PM
Jannal Oram (Tamil:2013)
Directed by Karu Pazhaniappan
Written by Sugeeth
Music by Vidyasagar

Starring : Parthiban, Vimal, Rajesh, Manisha Yadav, a bus & passengers

A tale of bond formed on the road - On the bus route Palani to Pannaikadu, the regular passengers of the surrounding towns and villages get well along with its "drunken" driver (Parthiban) & "clown" conductor (Vimal). Karuppu & Subbu shuttle between these 2 towns once everyday and pass their night in the respective town, thus getting very well acquainted with the locals. AnnaSir (Rajesh) is a respected man in Pannaikadu who is all set to arrange the marriage between his son Shiva with his god-daughter Nirmala. After a bus breakdown incident, Subbu the conductor takes control of the bus as Karrupu is completely drunk, resulting in an accident. They put the wounded man in a jeep to the hospital - Who is this wounded man, what happened to him & how he is related to the locals - rest is a suspense drama about how Karruppu and Subbu come out of this nasty suituation.

Jannal Oram comfortably takes the old-school narrative. Karu Pazhaniappan balances his characters throughout the movie. He has given a "Jannal Oram" feel, that is, you know the characters but nothing much about them, even though couple of back stories and romance in the song sequences develops timidly the nature of few main characters. The dialogues are witty at places, the situations were quite funny but what rolls the movie forward is the suspense element. If not indulged in guessing game but just allow the director to visually narrate a story, this movie is a fun watch. Even though the movie seems to be simple, the end episodes have been crisply done, much attention has been given to these parts. The scenery in and around where the story takes place has been wonderfully captured. Also, the villagers, their dress code, the town set up etc., got all my attention. It was a pleasant watch.

Parthiban delivers quite naturally, his witty lines are enjoyable. He casually plays the play-boy driver that he is so believable. Vimal got back a character in which he suits. He uses the support of Parthiban well, and excels in his role as a conductor. While watching the movie I got reminded of Murali, he would have been more perfect. Manisha Yadav is pretty in her "half-saree", but all she does is smile. Just another thought - how would Pandiya Nadu been if Rajesh was casted as Vishal's father. What an artist Rajesh is - perfect and measured performance. Add his voice and that saintly smile - have all the factors to get you hooked to every scene he is present. The other characters played by different artists are quite gripping that it carries the movie forward.

Vidyasagar tries to punctuate his presence, but only his absence is prominent. Even though few songs craves attention, they sound to be coming from one of his favorite jukebox. As the movie advances, I was completely taken into the film and failed to note any BGM, maybe there were few good ones. I understand that Karu Pazhaniappan did not want to stress the audience, but his hesitance to take the movie to a darker note comes to light as the movie advances. Personally, I felt that more darker elaborations would have given the film an entirely another dimension. A bond is woven with emotions, and its completely missing here : example Karrupu & Subbu's bonding loosely hangs around Karruppu's sister which Subbu has not even seen. Likewise the whole emotional elements are missing in the bondage between any 2 characters, be it romance or a relationship. The integration part does not work either - different people practicing different religion living together in harmony. Too many characters and rushed dialogues does not fit in many situations. It was like assembling scenes picking it randomly from a pot of written play.

Jannal Oram : Breezy

NOV
2nd December 2013, 05:30 PM
JO is only playing in one cinema near my place.
OTOH Naveena Saraswathi Sabatham is playing in several cinemas.... :think:

mappi
2nd December 2013, 06:20 PM
Naveena Saraswathi Sabatham - the mythological side-story was quite hilarious - Gods with High-tech gadgets who do not hesitate to call in Steve Jobs for a computer boot problem. Manobala as Naradar with a guitar and Subramanium as the Project Manger Shiva were hilarious. So is Devadarshini as Parvathi - check her out while the pava-puniya kannaku of the 4 friends are brought to Kailash. After IABalakumar, the movie treats itself as a spoof and never shies down to look at itself as a movie - it uses Facebook/Twitter comments as dialogues : Naradar says 1st half good, 2nd half mokka - plus it glorifies, as usual, Powerstar & Sam Anderson. No idea why Venkat Prabhu comes on and off jiggling each time ! The 4 friends humor, mostly provoked by VTV Ganesh, depends on your tolerance level [Nov, Check PM]. As usual went to see the film for Jai, and as usual he disappoints.

On a side note : watching it with teens / kids is a risk, as certain situations & dialogues may put the parents in the discomfort zone.

Naveena Saraswathi Sabatham - Nothing New, well, actually Nothing at all.

venkkiram
2nd December 2013, 07:59 PM
Naveena Sarasvathi Sapatham - cinemotography done by budding Anand. Artist Kovai Jeeva's son.

venkkiram
3rd December 2013, 08:16 AM
சினிமா பற்றிய புத்தகத்திற்காக தேசிய விருது பெற்ற ஒவியர் ஜீவா அவர்களின் உதிரிபூக்கள் பற்றிய விமர்சனம்!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNx_K_Mo3ZI&feature=youtu.be

:clap:

Siv.S
3rd December 2013, 11:41 AM
VijayTv releases Aaranya Kaandam in their Youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dscypT2o_n0

balaajee
3rd December 2013, 12:03 PM
VijayTv releases Aaranya Kaandam in their Youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dscypT2o_n0

Good NEWS..

yellow
3rd December 2013, 02:32 PM
deleted as it is not the appropriate thread for the video

interz
5th December 2013, 02:36 AM
A good day to die hard - a bad choice to watch it.

I was really dissapointed about this movie. I enjoyed all the other 4 die hard movies. I took the DVD out to see if i put my Mission Impossible DVD instead, but no. One good thing was the action sequences, esp on the roads.

I am not sure if there will be a Die Hard 6. Die hard 5 is not a good way to end the era of die hard treats.

Mr.GreyShirt
5th December 2013, 06:56 AM
The action sequences were the worst. So much shaky cams. Shaky cams need to die!

hattori_hanzo
6th December 2013, 12:28 AM
Sutta Kadhai reminded me a lot the amateur stage performances in the school/college cultural events; esp. that song in the bar. Where the movie failed big time is at no point we get into the mindset of the characters. But still I enjoyed it (mostly in bits), liked the music and situations.

Exactly!

High-school stage dramave dhaan. But the poor makers must have worked really hard in scripting each sequence...so hard that the jokes are killed by the sheer length of the scene. This is one unique unfunny movie where each and every scene is stretched beyond the permissible limit. The film starts with M.S.Bhaskar with a silly hat, shooting birds. He walks, whistles, aims and shoots one(I wonder why those fake blue birds are shown from close range). The scene is repeated and then again repeated before the titles roll. A person walks into police station and presents his complaint to Table 1, to Table 2...3, 4, 5 and 6. The tea stall kid takes out each glass one by one, till all 6 glasses are kept on the table. Nasser and the Singam-constable talk about the drinking habits in Russia, Australia, Gujarat, Aminjikkarai and another 10 different regions. There are repeat scenes in stunt sequences as well. Nasser nadandha slow motion, Jayaprakash nadandha slow motion. Andha sappa sceneukku oru neeeeelamaaana intro meesik........yapppaa! vidungada sami!

balaajee
6th December 2013, 11:09 AM
Exactly!

High-school stage dramave dhaan. But the poor makers must have worked really hard in scripting each sequence...so hard that the jokes are killed by the sheer length of the scene. This is one unique unfunny movie where each and every scene is stretched beyond the permissible limit. The film starts with M.S.Bhaskar with a silly hat, shooting birds. He walks, whistles, aims and shoots one(I wonder why those fake blue birds are shown from close range). The scene is repeated and then again repeated before the titles roll. A person walks into police station and presents his complaint to Table 1, to Table 2...3, 4, 5 and 6. The tea stall kid takes out each glass one by one, till all 6 glasses are kept on the table. Nasser and the Singam-constable talk about the drinking habits in Russia, Australia, Gujarat, Aminjikkarai and another 10 different regions. There are repeat scenes in stunt sequences as well. Nasser nadandha slow motion, Jayaprakash nadandha slow motion. Andha sappa sceneukku oru neeeeelamaaana intro meesik........yapppaa! vidungada sami!

With this type of movie...they try to make fun of Tamil movies here & there!

interz
7th December 2013, 02:22 AM
Pacific Rim - Dinosaurs VS "Transformers"

Acting: ok
story: thin
visual effects: top notch
music score: ok
direction: good

Even though It didnt gimme the big kick like the the transformers, the movie wasnt bad. It was typical americans save the world movie. God bless america.

Arragesh
7th December 2013, 07:47 PM
Now You See Me

Fantastic movie and Fantastic writing.Should definitely give :bow: to writer,The way they have made us to do guess game of who is 'eye' is awesomatic of aromole

Strongly recommended

geno
8th December 2013, 10:34 PM

Semma deep insight!

HonestRaj
9th December 2013, 09:51 PM
Paandiya Naadu
- good, neat commercial family action drama
- liked the way screenplay is done & the performance of all the actors
- easily Vishal's best in terms of acting
- Susheendran is a much better director compared to all those over hyped-stylish-copy cat directors around here & for me he is the versatile / best director in 2013..
- Aadhalal kadhal seiveer & Paandiya Naadu... less expected-more satisfied in 2013

ajaybaskar
9th December 2013, 09:56 PM
Thira

This Vineeth Srinivasan has stuff. Although wiki says it is inspired from 'Trade', I didnt find any huge similarity except the brother going in search of the kidnapped sister. Recommended.

HonestRaj
9th December 2013, 09:59 PM
Nayyandi
- Sriman & Sathyan... saviours of this film..
- i was laughing for "oru devathai vandhuvittal" & "ennamo edho" dance steps.. & some of their acts to woo nazriya

- Dhanush has become stereotype..
he has this 3 types of acting 1 - mayakkam enna / moonu kind of psycho act, 2- full blown performance like AadukaLam.. & this repeats & its not unique.. can check in Mariyaan.. someone like Kamal does give the feel of the character for different roles.. & 3 - this comedy+action'ngra perla sila pala nernagalla vazhinjamenikku mokkaiyai poduradhu.. Nayyandi & those tution center scenes in 3..

HonestRaj
9th December 2013, 10:05 PM
"All in All" Azhaguraja
- konjam konjama kittathatta 3 vaatti parthutten.. full fledged'ah 4th time parkkuren (in 10 min - 15 min installments only)
- semai mokkai.. but there are some interesting scenes to reuse in real time during conversation with colleagues
- maththapadi.. no comments.. simbly waste

HonestRaj
9th December 2013, 10:08 PM
Nayyandi
- saw in the title it was a malayalam remake..
- there was a 90's pandiyarajan film & it has some similarity with this.. pandiyaraj marries a lambadi ponnu in kerala & brings home as a servant.. his elder brothers will try to marry her.. VAM is their dad.. anyone remember? it had a "philips super 10" popular song.. "routule jootula .. lambadi paattula.." something like this..

ajaybaskar
9th December 2013, 10:12 PM
Valli Vara Pora

ajaybaskar
9th December 2013, 10:18 PM
Gokulathil Seethai

Liked it when it released. Watched it again last night and could'nt watch beyond 1 hr. Karthik alone was the saving grace. Other characterizations were laugh worthy..

HonestRaj
9th December 2013, 10:22 PM
Gokulathil Seethai

Liked it when it released. Watched it again last night and could'nt watch beyond 1 hr. Karthik alone was the saving grace. Other characterizations were laugh worthy..

appo neenga 10th padichuttu irupeengannu ninaikkiren..
Thalaivasal vijay oru lengthy dialogue solvapla..
karan characterum nallathan irukkum.. got it.. more or less similar to jai's characterisation in "Raja Rani"
credit card'ai nan parthadhe andha padathuladhanga.. adhu irundha nammakitta oru latcha rooba irukkumnu ninaichuttu irundhen

HonestRaj
9th December 2013, 10:25 PM
Valli Vara Pora

yes.. yes..

ippa varra padangal parthu 1 weeklaye marandhududhu.. appo partha padangal ellam nallaa nyabagama irukku.. hmm.. generation gap vizhundhuduthunu ninaikkiren :lol2:

ajaybaskar
9th December 2013, 10:36 PM
appo neenga 10th padichuttu irupeengannu ninaikkiren..

Yes.Exactly 10th :)

interz
10th December 2013, 12:09 AM
The Wolverine(2013) - rules in Japan.

A pretty good movie, the story is simple with no surprises. Hugh Jackson does fully justice as Wolverine. I cant think of any other actors who will pull it off. Svetlana Kodchenkova (Viper) is one hot Vixen. Visual effects, fight and stunts are great as usual per hollywood tradition.

Two thumbs up for James Mangold.

I am certainly looking forward to third Wolverine movie.

balaajee
10th December 2013, 11:37 AM
Now You See Me

Fantastic movie and Fantastic writing.Should definitely give :bow: to writer,The way they have made us to do guess game of who is 'eye' is awesomatic of aromole

Strongly recommended A simple revenge story presented in diff & interesting way....Thanks for your recommendation.

ajaybaskar
10th December 2013, 02:21 PM
Thagaraaru

Ok'ish story. But Arulnidhi was a misfit. His voice and mannerisms didnt help either. Few sub plots were interesting. One time watch.

ajaybaskar
12th December 2013, 09:27 PM
இவன் வேற மாதிரி

சரவணன் சார், ஏண்ணே இந்த மாதிரி?

uruzalari
12th December 2013, 09:32 PM
இவன் வேற மாதிரி

Not good?

ajaybaskar
12th December 2013, 09:59 PM
Very ordinary. Started promisingly. But within a few minutes, everything changed. Love track was so silly. Same old masala with not many interesting twists. At the end, two and a half hours movie looked like a three and a half hours movie.

Vikram Prabhu was no different from his Kumki days, except this time he dons a jeans and a shirt.

interz
13th December 2013, 12:06 AM
Was Ivan Vera Mathiri a bit similar to Pandiya Naadu?

The average guy hiding his identity and beating up villains?

ajaybaskar
13th December 2013, 12:16 AM
Not similar to Pandianadu. But yes, the second line of your post holds good for this film as well

balaajee
13th December 2013, 11:05 AM
Very ordinary. Started promisingly. But within a few minutes, everything changed. Love track was so silly. Same old masala with not many interesting twists. At the end, two and a half hours movie looked like a three and a half hours movie.

Vikram Prabhu was no different from his Kumki days, except this time he dons a jeans and a shirt. Thanks, YOU saved my money...

Cinemarasigan
13th December 2013, 11:55 AM
இவன் வேற மாதிரி

:lol: indha padamum outah? Thought of watching this movie after the teasers seeing in the TV, Saravanan's previous movie was nice..

uruzalari
13th December 2013, 07:58 PM
I liked the film. Decent action film. Except few melodramatic dialogues involving the heroine in the climax did not find much to complain about. Reviews too seem positive in most websites.

ajaybaskar
14th December 2013, 03:20 AM
HOMEFRONT

Neat action thriller with screenplay by Stallone. The climax was a bit of letdown though.

mappi
14th December 2013, 03:51 AM
HOMEFRONT

Neat action thriller with screenplay by Stallone. The climax was a bit of letdown though.

That's an adaptation of Chuck Logan's novel of the same title - wonderful book. Its the 21 script of Stallone, and the 1st script which he doesn't act. He actually scripted it keeping in mind to rejuvenate Rambo. Ha! Rambo ... Rambo Ra Ra Ra, please !

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
14th December 2013, 10:29 AM
IVM : Liked it ! Good Cinematography & Editing !!

balaajee
16th December 2013, 11:02 AM
I liked the film. Decent action film. Except few melodramatic dialogues involving the heroine in the climax did not find much to complain about. Reviews too seem positive in most websites.+1, title suits the movie well....

mappi
16th December 2013, 04:16 PM
Here you go, for those wondering what is Atmos :

Dolby Atmos’s Directional Audio System : Dolby Atmos gives filmmakers full creative control over the placement and movement of sound around the audience. Main feature - Adds overhead speakers for the most realistic effects.
Basic requirements :
1/ The audio track should be mixed to Atmos technology
2/ The auditorium should be equipped with directional audio system - that is, not the speaker count but its proper channels.

This video briefs about various audio systems and how directional system came to existence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT7KahOcxvA

It is a director competition to Auro 11.1 three-layer sound immersion.

TFI should consider ATMOS by using it in its music sound tracks and esp. in action and chase sequences. Ivan Vera Madhiri had some excellent stunts, imagining it on Atmos - think would have been great. But we are into Volume rather than experience. In our theaters (includes Imax) one has to shut one's ears - that's due to max volume. Experiencing sound is which makes you move, allows you to be a part of it. Hope we take Sound quality seriously as films like Aarambham have quite a good potential. The whole rescue episode had bullets flying everywhere in a closed area (YSR did an excellent job in RR there), would have been wonderful in Atmos.

Dhoom 3 is releasing in Atmos on 21/12/2013 @ EUROPACORP CINÉMAS. Waiting to catch the sound. The Indian Mix !

selvakumar
16th December 2013, 10:11 PM
Ivan Vera Mathiri - watchable once. Of late villains are terrific in tamil films. This one and pandiya Nadu. Vikram prabhu seems to be imitating surya. Coolers la Prabhu saayal..

mappi
17th December 2013, 05:20 PM
https://scontent-b-cdg.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1467422_703986872967971_894997966_n.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-2hi8j1Y_p-w/Ulodw0k-tEI/AAAAAAADjvA/wHtFepgxrUc/s1600/Ivan-Vera-Maathiri-Heroine-Surabhi-Stills+%25284%2529.jpg

Parthyy
17th December 2013, 06:44 PM
Vikram prabhu looks pathetic...

balaajee
18th December 2013, 12:47 AM
Vikram prabhu looks pathetic... title says it all "Ivan Vera Mathiri"..

mexicomeat
18th December 2013, 05:34 PM
ivan vera madhiri - started differently then became so boring that i had to fast forward the movie to finish watching it. not recommended.

balaajee
19th December 2013, 12:58 PM
தலைமுறைகள்- விமர்சனம் Rating: 4.0/5 நடிப்பு: பாலு மகேந்திரா, சசிகுமார், ரம்யா சங்கர், மாஸ்டர் ஸ்ரீகாந்த், இயக்குநர் எம் சசிகுமார்இசை: இளையராஜாதயாரிப்பு: எம் சசிகுமார்எழுத்து- ஒளிப்பதிவு- எடிட்டிங்- இயக்கம்: பாலு மகேந்திராஇது 'கமர்ஷியல்', இது 'பேரலல்' என்றெல்லாம் நாமாகத்தான் வரையறை வகுத்துக் கொண்டு படம் என்ற பெயரில் நம்மை நாமே படுத்திக் கொண்டிருக்கிறோம்.உண்மையில் நல்ல சினிமாவுக்கு இலக்கணம் ஏதும் தேவையில்லை. கதை என்ற சட்டகம் எதுவும் கூட வேண்டாம்.நிகழ்வுகள்... அதைப் பதிவு செய்யும் விதம், அதற்குத் தேவையான அளவு குறைந்தபட்ச தொழில்நுட்பம் இருந்தால் கூடப் போதும் என இன்றைய தலைமுறைக்கு கிட்டத்தட்ட ட்யூஷன் எடுத்திருக்கிறார் தமிழ் சினிமாவின் மூத்த கலைஞனான பாலுமகேந்திரா, தனது தலைமுறைகள் மூலம்.தமிழ், தமிழ் கிராமங்கள், தமிழர் அடையாளங்கள், தமிழர் பழக்க வழக்கங்கள் எல்லாம் தொலைந்து தொலைந்து தொலைந்து... நன்கு தமிழ் தெரிந்த கணவனும் மனைவியும் முற்றாக ஆங்கிலத்திலேயே உரையாடி, அடுத்த தலைமுறை பிள்ளையின் தாய் மொழியையும் கொல்லும் அவலம் பார்த்து ஆதங்கப்படும் ஒரு ஓய்வு பெற்ற பள்ளிக்கூட வாத்தியாரின் கிழப் பருவத்து நாட்கள் சிலவற்றை பதிவு செய்திருக்கிறார் பாலுமகேந்திரா.இந்த வாழ்க்கைக்கு இனி திரும்பத்தான் முடியுமா என்ற மலைப்பான கேள்வியுடன் கனத்த மவுனத்தைச் சுமந்து வெளியேறுகிறோம்.உள்ளது உள்ளபடியான பதிவு இது. தாத்தாக்களின் கைகளைப் பிடித்து நடந்த நாட்கள், தாத்தாக்கள் செதுக்கிக் கொடுத்த பொம்மைகளுடன் பொழுது போக்கிய பால்யம், ஆறும் பசும் வயல்களும் சுத்தக் காற்றும் சுவாசித்த கிராமத்துத் தருணங்களை மனதில் தேக்கியிருக்கும் யாரையும் தலைமுறைகள் தளும்ப வைக்கும்.இயக்குநர் பாலு மகேந்திராதான் இந்தப் படத்தின் முதன்மை பாத்திரம். வாழ்ந்திருக்கிறார். அந்தக் கண்களும், ஏக்கம் சுமந்த பார்வைகளும், ஒரு கலாச்சார சீரழிவைப் பார்த்து நிற்கும் கையாலாகாத்தனமும்.. கண்களிலேயே இன்னும் நிற்கின்றன!அவரது மகனாக நடித்திருக்கும் சசிகுமார், மருமகளாக வரும் ரம்யா சங்கர், ஊர் மனிதர்களாக தோன்றும் லட்சுமணன், அந்த பாதிரியார்.. எந்தப் பாத்திரத்தையும் சினிமாவில் பார்க்கிற உணர்வே இல்லை.பேரனாக வரும் சிறுவன் ஸ்ரீகாந்த் அற்புதம். ஒரு காட்சியில் வந்தாலும் படத்தில் நிறைந்திருக்கிறார் இயக்குநர் எம் சசிகுமார்.படத்தில் இரண்டு காட்சிகளில் சசிகுமாரும் ரம்யாவும் முழுக்க ஆங்கிலத்திலேயே பேசிக் கொள்வார்கள், அதுவும் குடும்ப விஷயங்களை. இத்தனைக்கும் கதைப்படி இருவருக்கும் தமிழ் நன்கு தெரியும். இந்தக் காட்சி மனதில் எரிச்சலைக் கிளப்புவது நிஜம். ஆனால், இதோ... பக்கத்து வீட்டில், மகன்- மகள் தமிழ் பேசிவிடக் கூடாது என்று தண்டனை முறையையே அறிவித்துள்ள பெற்றோரை நினைத்துப் பார்த்தால், பாலு மகேந்திரா சரியாகவே இந்த சமூக மாற்றங்களைக் கவனித்து வருகிறார் என்பது புரிந்தது.அதிகமில்லை, அளந்து அளந்து பேசும் பாலுமகேந்திராத்தனமான வசனங்கள்தான். ஆனால் அது போதுமானதாகவே இருக்கிறது இந்தப் படத்துக்கு.. வளவள என பேசாமல் காட்சிகளைப் பேச வைப்பதுதானே சினிமா மொழி!விறுவிறுப்பான திரைக்கதை இல்லை.. அதிரடியாக எந்தத் திருப்பமும் இல்லை. ஆனால் இவை ஏதுமில்லாமலேயே, தன் உணர்வுகளை ஒரு ரசிகனுக்குள் கடத்த முயலும் என்பதைக் காட்டியிருக்கிறார் பாலு.35 எம்எம்மில் மீண்டும் காட்சிகளைப் பார்ப்பது கொஞ்சம் புதுசாகத்தான் இருந்தது. அதுவே ஒரு எளிய கவிதைத்தனம் சேர்க்கிறது படத்துக்கு. இயற்கை தந்த ஒளியில், எந்த உறுத்தலான கூடுதல் நுட்பமும் சேர்க்காமல் காட்சிப்படுத்தியிருக்கிறார்.இளையராஜாவின் இசை இந்தப் படத்தில் நிஜமான ஒரு சோதனை முயற்சி என்றுதான் சொல்ல வேண்டும்.வசனங்கள் பேசும் இடங்களில் இசைக்கு வேலையில்லை. காற்றும், நதியும், பறவைகளும் சலசலத்து சங்கமிக்கும் காட்சிகளிலும் இசைக் கருவிகள் அமைதி காக்கின்றன. ஆனால் பாத்திரங்கள் பேசிக் கொள்ளாத காட்சிகளில் மட்டும் உறுத்தாமல் ஒரு தென்றலைப் போல வந்து போகிறது ராஜாவின் இசை... எது நிஜமான பின்னணி இசை என்பதற்கு இளம் தலைமுறையினருக்கு வகுப்பெடுத்திருக்கிறார் இசைஞானி!'அய்யோ தமிழும் தமிழ் கிராமங்களும் கலாச்சாரமும் அழிகிறதே... வீறு கொண்டெழுங்கள்' என்ற பிரச்சார தொனி இல்லாமல், ஆனால் அந்த மாதிரி உணர்வை பார்க்கும் நமக்குள் ஏற்படுத்தியிருக்கிறது பாலுமகேந்திராவின் தலைமுறைகள்.வணிக ரீதியிலான பலன்களை இரண்டாமிடத்துக்குத் தள்ளிவிட்டு, இந்தப் படத்துக்கு தயாரிப்பாளராக முன்வந்த சசிகுமார் பாராட்டுக்குரியவர்.

balaajee
20th December 2013, 11:14 AM
இவன் வேற மாதிரி - சினிமா விமர்சனம்
ஜாலி கேலி இளைஞர் பருவத்தில் ஒருவன் சமூகப் பொறுப்போடு யோசித்தால்... அவன் வேறு மாதிரிதானே!
சட்டக் கல்லூரிக் கலவரத்தில் மூன்று மாணவர்கள் பலியாகக் காரணமான சட்ட அமைச்சரைத் தண்டிக்க நினைக்கிறார் 'காமன் மேன்’ விக்ரம் பிரபு. அதற்காக பரோலில் வெளிவந்திருக்கும் அவரது தம்பி வம்சி கிருஷ்ணாவைக் கடத்துகிறார். வம்சி மீண்டும் சிறைக்குச் செல்லாததால், அமைச்சரின் பதவி பறிபோகிறது. வம்சி தன்னைக் கடத்தியவன் யார் என்று வெறிபிடித்துத் தேடுகிறார். விக்ரம் பிரபுவை அவர் கண்டுபிடித்தாரா... பழிதீர்த்தாரா?
'சட்டத்தைக் கையில் எடுக்கும் இளைஞன்’ என்ற ஒன் லைன்தான். ஆனாலும், ஆரம்பக் காட்சியிலேயே கதையை ஆரம்பிப்பது, சின்னச் சின்ன ட்விஸ்ட்கள், க்யூட் காதல் ஐடியாக்கள், பரபர ஆக்ஷன் எனப் படத்தை செம சுவாரஸ்யப்படுத்துகிறார் இயக்குநர் சரவணன்.
http://cdnw.vikatan.com/av/2013/12/yiogmz/images/p10.jpgகொடூர வில்லனை இறுக்கமும் மூர்க்கமுமாகப் பந்தாடும் கேரக்டருக்கு விக்ரம் பிரபுவின் அபார உயரமும் அகல முகமும் ஓ.கே. ஆனால், மற்ற சமயங்களிலும் அதே இறுக்கம் தேவையா விக்ரம்? காதல் காட்சிகளில்கூட பற்களைக் கடித்துக்கொண்டேவா? ரிலாக்ஸ் ப்ரோ!
அத்தனை பெரிய கண்களில் அத்தனை காதலைக் கொட்டி நடித்திருக்கும் சுரபிதான் (அறிமுகம்) படத்தின் ஜாலி வைட்டமின். மந்திரிச்சுவிட்ட அப்பாவிக் கோழியாக மீன்தொட்டியோடு திரிவதும், 'மீன்தொட்டி மாதிரி குழந்தையையும் விட்டுட்டுப் போயிருவானோ’ என்று பதறுவதுமாக... இன்ச் பை இன்ச் ஈர்க்கிறார். வம்சியின் திமுதிமு உடலும் குறுகுறு பார்வையும் வில்லன் கேரக்டருக்கு நச்!
'இதுவே நல்ல பொண்ணுதான் சார்... 20 நிமிஷமா செல்லுக்கு ஒரு எஸ்.எம்.எஸ்., கால்கூட வரலை. இதைவிட வேற என்ன வேணும்?’ நீள... நீளமாகக் கடக்கும் காதல் காட்சிகளில் இப்படியான சிலபல வசனங்கள், செம!
மருத்துவமனையில் இரண்டு போலீஸ்காரர்களைக் கொன்று விட்டு வம்சி தப்பித்த செய்தியில் ஊரே அலறிக்கொண்டிருக்கிறது. அந்தச் சமயம் சுரபியைக் காணவில்லை என்றால், செம ஷார்ப் ஹீரோவின் சிந்தனை என்னவாக இருக்க வேண்டும்? ஆனால், விக்ரம் பிரபுவோ சுரபியை http://cdnw.vikatan.com/av/2013/12/yiogmz/images/p10h.jpgஒருதலையாகக் காதலித்தவனைத் தேடுகிறார், அலமாரிகளைத் துழாவுகிறார். வில்லன், சுரபியை எங்கே பதுக்கியிருக்கிறான் என்பதுதான் திகீர் ட்விஸ்ட். ஆனால், அதைப் பார்வையாளர்களுக்குத் தெரிவித்த பிறகும், மிகப் பொறுமையாகக் கடக்கிறது க்ளைமாக்ஸ் காட்சிகள்.
'யதார்த்தமாக’ விக்ரம் பிரபுவும் சுரபியும் சந்தித்துக்கொண்டே இருப்பது, 'யதார்த்தமாக’ விக்ரம் பிரபுவின் பைக்கில் வில்லன் ஏறுவது, 'யதார்த்தமாக’ வில்லன் கோஷ்டி வக்கீல் சுரபியை முன்னரே பார்த்திருப்பது, 'யதார்த்த மாக’ கருங்காலி போலீஸிடம் சுரபியின் பெற்றோர் குற்றம் சொல்வது, 'யதார்த்தமாக’ சுரபி இருப்பிடத்தை விக்ரம் பிரபு கண்டுபிடிப்பது என இது மாதிரி இத்தனை 'யதார்த்தம்’கள் சாத்தியமா?
அந்த இடங்களில் கொஞ்சம் புது மாதிரி யோசித்திருக்கலாம்!

- விகடன் விமர்சனக் குழு

hattori_hanzo
23rd December 2013, 10:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7rQ3jxRuOA

interz
23rd December 2013, 05:17 PM
Ivan Vera Mathiri - Partwise OK

The strength of the movie is the Cat and mouse game between ViP(Vikram Prabu) and VK(Vamsi Krishna). The comic scenes between ViP and Surabhi were not bad, but how stupid is a girl allowed to be in a movie?? She is so naive which makes it hard to believe she wrote the diary. Surabhis face reminds me of Yuvarani from 90's.

Major minus for the movie is ViP, did he go to same school of acting as Mirchi Siva. You cant tell whether he is happy, sad, angry, sorry etc. I heard this story was told to Arya first, and yes Arya could have pulled it off. Moreover the directors seem to have a grudge against police despite police are doing security work for big cine events and functions hmm....

C. Satyas songs werent bad, quite hummable except the hero build up song. BGM OK.

Director Saravanan didnt satisfy like with Engayum Eppothum, but I believe he got one shot more in the field, to prove his talent.

Mr.GreyShirt
23rd December 2013, 11:54 PM
I saw Thalapathy for the first time yesterday. It was like opening my first gaming console as a kid. I feel ashamed of missing such a movie for this long.

selvakumar
25th December 2013, 12:54 AM
Dhoom 3 (tamil) - enna kodumai sir ithu. Crap!

ajaybaskar
26th December 2013, 11:26 PM
பிரியாணி

ஆஹா,ஓஹோ ரகமில்லை.. ஆனாலும் கார்த்தியின் முந்தைய 3 படங்களுக்கு இது எவ்வளவோ பரவாயில்லை. கண்டிப்பாக ஒரு தடவை பார்க்கலாம்.

balaajee
27th December 2013, 11:40 AM
Dhoom 3 (tamil) - enna kodumai sir ithu. Crap! தூம் 3 வசூல் ரூ 300 கோடியைத் தாண்டியது... க்ரிஷ், சென்னை எக்ஸ்பிரசை முந்தியது! (http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/news/dhoom-3-crosses-rs-300-plus-cr-at-the-end-first-week-190341.html)

rsubras
27th December 2013, 12:15 PM
goes on to prove that at least for hindi cinemas, collection is not a indicator of a film whether it is good or bad......... aesthetics (star value, glamour etc.,) and marketing are the key to success...even here while Singam 2 is a crap compared to Singam 1, the collection of Singam 2 is much more than its prequel.....

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
27th December 2013, 03:34 PM
goes on to prove that at least for hindi cinemas, collection is not a indicator of a film whether it is good or bad......... aesthetics (star value, glamour etc.,) and marketing are the key to success...even here while Singam 2 is a crap compared to Singam 1, the collection of Singam 2 is much more than its prequel.....

Ellaam Ok !! Singam 2 Crap ?? :shock: It was a neat entertainer.

hattori_hanzo
28th December 2013, 01:06 AM
Diamond Necklace (Malayalam)

Another nice movie from the new-gen superstar Fahadh Fasil. Entertaining screenplay, very good performances and a neat message. I actually thought it belongs to the thriller/mystery genre but its an emotional drama with some unexpected twists.

The ending was a pleasant surprise. Spoiler question ahead for those who've already seen. How should we interpret the ending?

1. Maya decided to present the original necklace to Rajashree and she had kept it in her suitcase to give it to Arun someday. Arun replaced it with a duplicate. The one which Rajashree wears & throws away into the sea in the climax is this duplicate. A Happy and clever ending!

2. Maya knew that Arun stole her necklace. She was not really asleep when he opened her suitcase. But still she understood that he is trouble and bought another original necklace for Rajashree. So the one which Rajashree threw into the sea is also original. Which is probably why Arun is shocked.

mappi
28th December 2013, 08:13 PM
Dhoom 3 (tamil) - enna kodumai sir ithu. Crap!

After watching Dhoom3, had to revive myself by listening to this piece :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajI2OPRfTps

Mr.GreyShirt
28th December 2013, 08:26 PM
Dhoom 3 avvlov kodumeya irunthutha?

mappi
28th December 2013, 09:01 PM
There comes few movies which make me wonder how wonderful it would be to be in the same room when the story sequences were discussed. Dhoom3 tops the list :

Opening heist :
Director & stunt director to Amir : Sir, Parking lot-la bike oda matikiringa sir
Amir : Ho! Apporam
D/SD : Bike-la oru button thatringa sir
Amir : Exciting
D/SD : Oru rope varuthu sir. Apadi-ya pathuku building-la hook aguthu sir.
Amir : Super, Rope walking
D/SD : *intelliegent smiles* No sir, angathan Stunt-Twist. Rope walking illa sir, Rope-Biking. Athu mattum illa sir, cross pannum bothu oru tram varuthu sir ...
Amir : Aiyayoo, appuram ..
*Spoiler* => to check watch Dhoom3

2nd Heist :
D/SD : Bridge rendu-a splitting sir. Neenga Matikitinga-nu Police cool nikuarpa, neenga water la bike oda dive panringa sir.
Amir : Apporam swim panni escape-a ?
D/SD : wait sir, twist time. Mid air-la bike, motor boat-a marudhu sir.
Amir : Amazing. Apporam
D/SD : Thani, sir, Thani. Motor boat-la neenga, suthi police roundup. Apadiya water-la motor-boat-oda dive pandringa sir.
Amir : So sweet, ippo under water swimming escape-a ?
D/SD : *intelliegent smiles* Ippo thaan 3rd Stunt-Twist - Thani vittu slo-mo la coming out sir - Motor-Boat air-la thirupi bike-a marudu sir !
Amir : Catch pannitein ji, catch panitein. idha shoot panrom ji, Padam hit akorom ji.
*Spoiler* => Did Amir escape : to experience watch Dhoom3

2nd Half :
Amir : yenna pa, hollywood range-la irruku 1st half ? Namba SRK aunties-ku yenna pa irruku ?
D : Don't worry sir, interval block twist-ku apporam, Bhayangaramana Love Triangle sir. All guys cry sir, All girls cry sir. Theatre ensoi sir. Plus Abhishek and Udhay, already mokkais, 2nd half la romba mokkai-ya akurom sir. Appo thaan idhu Amir padam-nu numbuvanga.
Amir : Super Appu, namba Trade pandits 1000 Cr collection-nu soldra alavuku Dhoom3 varanum ji.
*Spoilers* - Who wins Katrina (nattuku romba mukiyama Kelvigalil, ithuvum onru) => to know watch Dhoom3

And then you have Abhishek intro and Auto fight => Mind song running - Kangalil Enna eeramo from Uzhavan.

Well as I mentioned in the Biriyani thread, the title card sequence was excellent, but it has its roots in (the below is a original performance and the sound you hear are produced by the performers, not like in Dhoom3) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8EXDtoGfrs

Yashraj films must give "a Hollywood film maker" a big paycheck. Out of the box thinking is stealing the whole box-nu nanachitanga pola.

Dhoom 3 : (Thinking)

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
29th December 2013, 02:55 AM
:rotfl:

venkkiram
29th December 2013, 09:31 AM
A shot at standing out - SUDHISH KAMATH on his top 5 movies of 2013!

http://www.thehindu.com/features/cinema/a-shot-at-standing-out/article5511980.ece

hattori_hanzo
29th December 2013, 11:31 AM
A shot at standing out - SUDHISH KAMATH on his top 5 movies of 2013!

http://www.thehindu.com/features/cinema/a-shot-at-standing-out/article5511980.ece

India's biggest independent film-maker :clap: How true!
Andha "Rs. 250 crore just to break-even" konjam overa irukke. Appo andha 150 cr yaar saaptanga? 95cr includes ALL production & marketing costs, if Im not wrong.

And what a surprise. I was just wondering what happened to Rendavathu Padam. Remember watching the posters long long back. Glad to know that its good.

ajaybaskar
29th December 2013, 11:37 AM
Sudhish and CS Amudhan are close friends and I will not read into that opinion much until I watch that film.

hattori_hanzo
29th December 2013, 11:52 AM
Oh adhu veraya. Friendukkaaga ivvalo periya build-upa? :huh:

rsubras
29th December 2013, 12:33 PM
2nd Heist :
D/SD : Bridge rendu-a splitting sir. Neenga Matikitinga-nu Police cool nikuarpa, neenga water la bike oda dive panringa sir.
Amir : Apporam swim panni escape-a ?
D/SD : wait sir, twist time. Mid air-la bike, motor boat-a marudhu sir.
Amir : Amazing. Apporam
D/SD : Thani, sir, Thani. Motor boat-la neenga, suthi police roundup. Apadiya water-la motor-boat-oda dive pandringa sir.
Amir : So sweet, ippo under water swimming escape-a ?
D/SD : *intelliegent smiles* Ippo thaan 3rd Stunt-Twist - Thani vittu slo-mo la coming out sir - Motor-Boat air-la thirupi bike-a marudu sir !
Amir : Catch pannitein ji, catch panitein. idha shoot panrom ji, Padam hit akorom ji.
*Spoiler* => Did Amir escape : to experience watch Dhoom3

something vaguely similar to this this Villu padathula opening scene ah varum la?

mappi
4th January 2014, 04:28 PM
Veeram - Jilla FDFS

09/01 - 20h Jilla
09/01 - 21h Veeram

Kashtama choice ! Good promotions in both threads, but FDFS (for me) ethu-nu theriyala !
Twist - If I miss one, then I will get a chance to watch it only on 12/01.
Mappi, yossi Mappi, yossi !

HonestRaj
4th January 2014, 07:49 PM
so, both veeram & jilla releasing on same day... i'm waiting to see the winner.. i think after Alwar & pokkiri, they are releasing together..
since both will have almost equal no. of theaters, logically we cannot expect smashing box office reports :mrgreen:

any other release for this pongal?

mappi
4th January 2014, 08:23 PM
In the given situation, "smashing box office" could be seen only in the long run, as Balaji in Thee says "Long race-la odura Kuthurai". Who is that horse ?
As these movies will share the cinema halls and shows, you cannot see any dominance during the release week. As usual each camp will come out with its own "figures". What is to be seen is the consistent long run and it will be visible as the theaters and shows will be considerably low starting from the 2nd week. And only this will show the command each one has on the field eventually getting the winner cup.

If "they" don't start up a fight over it, it will be quite interesting to analyse the pre and post release situations. But I doubt its possible as already "they" are showing signs of gearing up for a tussle.

mappi
4th January 2014, 10:37 PM
I was quite satisfied with the last 3 remakes - Maniac, Evil Dead & Carrie. They were not only sincere to the originals, but they had the same discipline, plus some extra punch suiting the millennium movie goers.

Maniac : Elijah Wood got some real guts to accept the role of Frank after graduating from the Hogwarts. A remake of 1980 classic of the same name, Maniac is haunting with quite a lot of spine chilling moments. Music has a very special mention.

Evil Dead : Not only that it stuck to its original story wise, it also used the same visual effects technics of the 80s. You got all your favorite scenes from the original, like a remastered version, plus an awesome climax which leaves you wanting for more.

Carrie : Stephen King's character with telekinesis power is back. Was quite skeptical about Chloe (the Kickass 1&2 girl) but she does a pretty decent job very well supported by Julianne Moore. Even though I am not favorable to the ending compared to the original, but asked myself "why not" and that was the question that put me off.

All these 3 movies have their share of violence & blood. So if you are planning to watch them, watch them with suitable audience.

mappi
5th January 2014, 06:01 AM
And then there are several other noted films that got released in 2013, the two that caught my interest were the ones selected in Cannes International Film Festival. Amazing movies, Category : "not-to-be-missed"

Omar : Palestinian Subramaniyapuram. It got selected under "Un Certain Regard" (remember I spoke about all the categories in Cannes last May ! Its an associative award with a prize money to identify original style motion pictures and promote them to the world) and it won the Jury Prize, which is quite a prestigious one. The film keeps you hooked from the beginning and the unique film making style captures all your attention. A note worthy aspect of the film is the BGM, no music, only natural sound. There is an escape sequence in a market place, its a wonder to watch as you hear the noises of the market place with respect to the person on screen. An amazing idea and you cannot miss such moments throughout the film.

Zulu : Selected under "Out of Competion" and chosen as the "Closing Film" of the year 2013, Zulu is a dark film on the South African backdrop with enough dose of Drama, violence, action & suspense. Coming from a French Production house, the french director Jérôme Salle has beautifully mixed all the mentioned genres in right quantity. Starring Forest Whitaker & Orlando Bloom (his Will Turner character gets shattered thru this film and I hope he gives some more memorable performances following the foot steps of Di Caprio), Zulu is a film for anyone interested in Crime Fiction.
Note : Keep a check on the audience for violence & nudity.

HonestRaj
5th January 2014, 12:52 PM
In the given situation, "smashing box office" could be seen only in the long run, as Balaji in Thee says "Long race-la odura Kuthurai". Who is that horse ?

for me, "long race odaradhu" means --> whatever may be the box office collection.. will u watch the film again (or) is it worth watching again?

anyway, i like both releasing on same day & giving a reason to celebrate for both fans.. & a fair stage to perform unlike I release alone, u release alone & lets total it up at the end to find the winner..

i thought, gone are the days when films of 2 big stars release together & watching festive release is one of the biggest achievement to discuss with friends next day at school.. my childhood rememberence are "thalapathy-guna" "muthu-kurudhipunal"...

would have been best if Surya had a release too.. :p

NOV
5th January 2014, 07:15 PM
mappi, your last post deserves a separate thread : Best of 2013 or something like that.... can I split it?

mappi
5th January 2014, 07:27 PM
NOV, I will be more than happy to accept it.

HonestRaj
8th January 2014, 10:03 PM
Pizza-2 VILLA
waste film... vekkanume'nu kadaisiyila oru twist..

HonestRaj
8th January 2014, 10:04 PM
இரண்டாம் உலகம்
- என்ன கொடுமை செல்வராகவன் இது?
- நோ கமெண்ட்ஸ்... சிம்ப்லி வேஸ்ட்

Dinesh84
9th January 2014, 11:06 AM
Sutta Kadhai - Indha ulgaththukku edho solla varra maadhiri irukku, but I don't get it :(

Arvind Srinivasan
10th January 2014, 10:00 AM
Dhrishyam- Pretty good. Got to be one of the better Malayalam flicks that I've watched in recent times along with the likes of Amen and Annayum Rasoolum. The film balances mainstream elements with a good amount of artistic expression and it's paid off wonderfully. Added to that is the quality of acting on display not just from Mohanlal but the entire cast.

ajaybaskar
13th January 2014, 12:12 AM
Dedh Ishqiya

Good. Its always a pleasure to watch Madhuri and its no different this time. Age has no effects on her. Highly recommended.

selvakumar
13th January 2014, 01:57 AM
Sahasam telugu - good movie

interz
13th January 2014, 02:23 AM
Veeram - pongal treat no.2 ( posting here instead of Villangam sorry Veeram thread)

Definately enjoyable movie for masala movie fans like me. The movie does work because of Ajith and only because of him. Having said that the directors are focussing much of making movie suit the hero's image which will work now and then but not all the time. As usual 1st half is comedy and romance, while 2nd half is violent and sentimental.

Ajith is great in acting, sentiment scenes, action but the dance ...hmmm.
Tamannah is back, her presence is a plus point for the movie. I know for sure Tamannah stuns telugu heroes in dance but in the movie... hmmm
All brother characters were apt.
Santhanam made 1st half very enjoyable, a pity he wasnt used much in 2nd half.
Atul Kulkani and Pradeep Rawat have very less to do than praise the hero, and hence became dummy villains.

DSP done bad except for the title song. BGM is ok.

I am happy on director Siva's behalf that he proved the sceptics wrong by not making a flop movie, but a pongal movie that is doing good business like Jilla.

srimal
13th January 2014, 06:56 AM
1 Nenokkadine....

மகேஷ் பாபுவின் பொங்கல் ரிலீஸ்...

சில பல காரணங்களால் தன் சிறு வயது ஞாபகங்களை தொலைத்த ஒருவன் , பெற்றோரை கொன்றவர்களை பழிவாங்கும் கதைதான் என்றாலும், முடிவும் ஆரம்பமும் தெலுங்கு படம் போலில்லாமல் ரொம்பவும் வித்யாசமாக இருந்தது... spoilers இல்லாமல் இந்த கதைக்கு விமர்சனம் எழுதுவது கொஞ்சம் கஷ்டம் .... and suspense தெரிந்தால் அவ்வளவு thrill இருக்காது .... so ஒரு கஜினி அல்லது bourne identity inspired movie எதிர்பார்க்காமல் dark knight inspired emotional thriller எதிர்பார்த்து சென்றால் சரியாக இருக்கும்..

மகேஷுக்கு நல்ல ரோல்... layer layer ஆகா சட்டை போட்டவர், இதில் sleeveless போட்டு வளைய வருகிறார். 6 pak எல்லாம் காண்பிக்கவில்லை, முதுகை மட்டும் பார்க்கலாம்... but action scenes எல்லாம் ரொம்ப மெனக்கெட்டிருக்கிறார்கள் ... and interval sequence ரொம்பவுமே பிரமாதம்... totally unexpected

இவ்வளவு action இருக்கும் போது அந்த emotional climax எதிர்பாராதது ...

பார்க்கவேண்டிய படம்... மகேஷ் படம் வித்யாசமாக இருக்கும் என்று எதிர்பார்த்து செல்லும் ரசிகர்களுக்கு கண்டிப்பாக ரொம்பவுமே பிடிக்கும்.. :)

srimal
13th January 2014, 07:07 AM
typing in tamil is so difficult ... sabba...

btw madurai inox (vishaal mall) enna problem ??? telugu movie release after so many years and no Jilla / Veeram ???

edhuna distributor problems ??

mappi
13th January 2014, 07:15 AM
1 Nenokkadine....

Oh! man, I am dying to watch this movie. "Mahesh padam ... super-a irrukum" thaan ennoda Tag. I could not find any info on the release in France, if you have some can you share it with me please.

HonestRaj
14th January 2014, 11:28 AM
Naveena Saraswathy Sabatham
- few laughs..
- heroine seems to be good looking.. but not much scenes for her
- vtv ganesh.. karna kodooram on screen

19thmay
14th January 2014, 08:05 PM
^kaathirundhai en anbe is such a lovely song...

HonestRaj
14th January 2014, 09:46 PM
^kaathirundhai en anbe is such a lovely song...
already felt like a TV drama, so skipped the songs..

HonestRaj
14th January 2014, 10:10 PM
last week watched a couple of classics..

Raththakanneer
- :clap: excellent dialogues, by Thiruvaroor Thangarasu
- :clap: nadiga vEL MR Radha for carrying the film with no great looks of a hero... & :bow: his extra-ordinary dialogue delivery, voice modulation, body language.. etc.
- there are a lot of dialogues to quote.. i'm not doing it here.. watch & enjoy..
- most of them are re-used by vivek & vivek's famous "eppadi irundha nan ippadi aayitten" is taken from here
- our Annan Gounder also used a few, but it was not a mimicry show like vivek did..
- koil kaalai begger & leprosy scenes, dialogues are taken from this film

spl mention:
- Chandrababu .. he was given more scope to perform amidst MR Radha's act

- people argue Nagesh is the best comedian in TFI & he is the best in body language, twisting the body like rubber etc....
even before Nagesh, it was done by Chandrababu.. & i checked wiki, he is senior in terms of age & industry experience compared to Nagesh, so there is no point in arguing he might have copied from Nagesh.. Raththakanneer released in 1954 & Nagesh started his career in 1958..

youtube is a great source for watching these classics..

link for full movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W60-9geR6vA

songs are speed breakers..

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
15th January 2014, 06:49 PM
Happened to catch Ratha Sarithiram (My most expected Suriya movie). Can't think that these kind of things are happening in real life.

Coming to acting front Suriya steals the show with his eyes & acting. What awesome expressions !! Was solely watching 2nd time to witness the Jail fight sequence one more time & his chiseled body :bow: What a dedication !!

The only culprit of the movie which i felt was the slow motion scenes seen almost throughout the movie... When i saw on the 1st day in big screen i literally got severe headache with the length & especially the swirling cinematography.

Personally feel the Part 1 of the movie to be more engaging as it brings out more violence & emotions storywise.

Though the film didn't fare well @ BO, it was worth each & every penny spent on it.

Way 2 go Suriya. Expecting more from you !!

HonestRaj
16th January 2014, 01:04 AM
Thagararu
- kadaisiyilathan therinjadhu padam mokkai'nu
- Arulnidhi --- no acting skill.. comedy'ah pesuradha ninaichukittu mokkaiyai poduran
- waste of time

mappi
16th January 2014, 04:13 AM
Raththakanneer

Fully agree with you. Chandrababu / Nagesh comparison was top notch.

Naveena Saraswathy Sabatham
- vtv ganesh.. karna kodooram on screen

LoLs

mappi
16th January 2014, 04:16 AM
Ratha Sarithiram
The only culprit of the movie which i felt was the slow motion scenes seen almost throughout the movie... When i saw on the 1st day in big screen i literally got severe headache with the length & especially the swirling cinematography.

That comes for free with RGV movies. Department-lam thalaya kalati vechitu thaan parkanom. Carrom coin, tea glass lam nadanthu pogum.
And yes Jail fight super-a irrukum.

Death Note
16th January 2014, 06:30 AM
Endendrum Punnagai-Feel good movie.Oruka Parkalam. Santhanam saves the film, thought Vinay also acted well.

19thmay
16th January 2014, 10:04 AM
Endendrum Punnagai-Feel good movie.Oruka Parkalam. Santhanam saves the film, thought Vinay also acted well.

+1 and Jiiva ... :clap: indha maadhri egoistic character-la nadikka dhill venum!

HonestRaj
16th January 2014, 06:17 PM
KappalOttiya Thamizhan

- okay movie, once parkkalam to know about VOC
- Nadigar Thilagam gives life to VOC on screen.. feels like VOC himself is acting
- problem with the screenplay is, it has more scenes for other characters like Bharathiyar, subramaniya siva, vanchinathan etc. & one more character, done by Gemini "madasami", i don't know is this character so important.. compared to this VOC's character takes only 65 to 70% of screen time in a 3 hr film

- later i googled for VOC life history.. it seems there is not much details of him after he was released from prison..

link for the history
http://tamilnation.co/hundredtamils/voc.htm

"But the movie does not focus on him solely with the effect of making the other characters insignificant. Bharatiyar's eccentricity and Subramaniam Siva's forcefulness are well brought out during their segments. Ofcourse these characters have their best scenes when seen with VOC. Subramaniam Siva has his best lines during his visit to the Collector's office with VOC while Bharatiyar shines when asked about his association with VOC in court. Individuals like Gemini Ganesan's Madasami get substantial screen time and Vanchinathan manages to impress us in the little time he is on screen.Maybe because VOC could not accomplish much after he came out of jail or because there are no records of that segment of his life, the portions of the movie dealing with that part seem rather rushed. His transformation to an aged man seems abrupt with only newspaper reports about the death of his fellow freedom fighters being used to indicate the passing of time. "

ilekani
19th January 2014, 06:33 AM
Kuththuvilakku - on youtube. Poor print but some of the direction is really quite beautiful, and the acting is mostly naturalistic. I think it's the movie I'd most like to see properly restored.

ilekani
19th January 2014, 06:36 AM
KappalOttiya Thamizhan

- okay movie, once parkkalam to know about VOC

It doesn't do a good job of creating a dramatic arc out of the story of his life, I'd say the same for Bharatiar and Periyar. The Kamaraj movie I think was the best movie of teh biopics, whatever one thinks of the accuracy of its portrayal.

geno
19th January 2014, 12:34 PM
last week watched a couple of classics..

spl mention:
- Chandrababu .. he was given more scope to perform amidst MR Radha's act

- people argue Nagesh is the best comedian in TFI & he is the best in body language, twisting the body like rubber etc....
even before Nagesh, it was done by Chandrababu.. & i checked wiki, he is senior in terms of age & industry experience compared to Nagesh, so there is no point in arguing he might have copied from Nagesh.. Raththakanneer released in 1954 & Nagesh started his career in 1958..

youtube is a great source for watching these classics..

link for full movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W60-9geR6vA

songs are speed breakers..

Absolutely! Chandrababu was a lot better actor than Nagesh. He was the First Dancer actor AFAIK in thamizh cinema and a very Good Singer too!

His facial expressions, body language and dialogue delivery were very very original and he was the first one to portray authentic Madras bashai in movies!

Nagesh was backed by directors like Sridhar and Balachander, which played a huge part in eclipsing out Chandrababu.

Also Chandrababu was considered a "wise-crack" as he refused to be awed by "personality cult" which had started to root in the then industry (MGR was miffed by Chadrababu's outspoken and open comments, so he ensured babu was sidelined).

Also, the fact that nagesh was favoured by the powerful "Stage actor/writer" cartel which had considerable influence and definitely "also" because he was a brahmin.

Chandrababu was the genius, who sadly lost out due to various factors.

Now, Kamalji blows Nagesh's trumpet dime-a-dozen! He knows he can't dethrone Kalaivaanar NS Krishnan and give that on a platter to Nagesh, so Kamalji keeps saying "Kalaivaanarukku appuram Nagesh-thaan!" - wilfully denying the rightful place that Chandrababu deserves on that illustrious list of actors.

I would dare to Say that Kalaivaanar, NadigavEL, and Chandra Babu were the people who were the pioneers who set the path and the pace for thamizh film acting.

Not to discount nagesh's brilliance, but definitely he had Chandrababu to look up to.

geno
19th January 2014, 12:45 PM
"Nallavan vaazhvaan" is a Film starring MGR and MR Radha. This scene is from that film. This is the only scene that i consider MGR was excellent and that is because he knew if he was not outstanding he would not even deserve a Pixel in this frame with MR Radha! (the first 2 mins of this clips)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu3FIaYF1RY&feature=player_detailpage

HonestRaj
19th January 2014, 06:35 PM
enrenrum punnagai
- familiar story.. love / girls pidikkadha hero adhula vizhuradhu ..
- oru kattathukku mela bore than
- santhanam'oda problem ella dialogue'kkum counter kudukkanumnu rombha try panraan.. kaattu mokkai poduran.. background music madhiri, comedykkum timing irukku, sila idanglla silent'ah irukkanumnu eppathan therinjukkaporano
- thanni adikkiradhu thavira comedy'ku vera concept'eh kidaiyadha :banghead:
- harris bgm :lol2:

HonestRaj
19th January 2014, 06:41 PM
ivan vera madhiri
- good one
- interesting till the end
- heroine Surabhi, nice :)

HonestRaj
19th January 2014, 06:57 PM
Chandrababu was the genius, who sadly lost out due to various factors.

personal, financial problems, [as per wiki]

Now, Kamalji blows Nagesh's trumpet dime-a-dozen! He knows he can't dethrone Kalaivaanar NS Krishnan and give that on a platter to Nagesh, so Kamalji keeps saying "Kalaivaanarukku appuram Nagesh-thaan!" - wilfully denying the rightful place that Chandrababu deserves on that illustrious list of actors.

I would dare to Say that Kalaivaanar, NadigavEL, and Chandra Babu were the people who were the pioneers who set the path and the pace for thamizh film acting.

Not to discount nagesh's brilliance, but definitely he had Chandrababu to look up to.

completely agree on all 3 points

HonestRaj
19th January 2014, 07:02 PM
Madras to pondicherry

comedy kadhambam - joke thoranam - classic when compared with the crap comedies releasing these days
Nagesh & A karunanidhi ... :clap:
thamizh cinema is fortunate to get so many comedians .. but the present state is very sad

Anban
19th January 2014, 07:49 PM
enrenrum punnagai
- familiar story.. love / girls pidikkadha hero adhula vizhuradhu ..
- oru kattathukku mela bore than
- santhanam'oda problem ella dialogue'kkum counter kudukkanumnu rombha try panraan.. kaattu mokkai poduran.. background music madhiri, comedykkum timing irukku, sila idanglla silent'ah irukkanumnu eppathan therinjukkaporano
- thanni adikkiradhu thavira comedy'ku vera concept'eh kidaiyadha :banghead:
- harris bgm :lol2:

Perfect review :-)

mappi
20th January 2014, 03:43 AM
Tom Yum Goong 2 *Tony Jaa

A perfect Sunday afternoon feature film. Compared to part one, it has less live stunts but more special effects that lightens up your Sunday. But still Tony Jaa is in full form. Expected a fight in the likes of the restaurant fight from part one, but settled down with a pretty side kick. The terrace stunt sequence was 'eye-popping'.
Those who are allergic to bone cracking sounds, keep away from both the films.

Tom Yum Goong 2 : Kung-Fu Kumki

mappi
20th January 2014, 03:48 AM
- heroine Surabhi, nice :)

I am aware that most of the discussions are Hero centric, but would like to know if any of her movies will hit the screens this year.
Also Bindu Madhavi, please *all smiles* [I am following K3K, other than that is there any ...?]

ecureuhapis
20th January 2014, 01:48 PM
gokulathil seethai - last few mins Karthik & Manivannan :notworthy: ultimate performance.

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
21st January 2014, 06:05 PM
Idharkudhaane aasaipattai baalakumara - Irritating venture.... Shabba !!!

k_vanan
21st January 2014, 06:27 PM
varupadata valibar sangham- 2013 _hit movie :banghead:

Padalkaga parkavendiruku :) D.Imman :thumbsup:

Mahen
21st January 2014, 06:54 PM
Pandiya nadu..:thumbsup:

Cinemarasigan
22nd January 2014, 10:56 AM
Pandiya nadu..:thumbsup:

+1. Though the basic story is old, there are some interesting things I liked and feel that made the film entertaining.

Bharathiraja's character and acting was a big plus.

Not sure about the actor who acted as his friend, his acting too was natural and nice.

Lakshmi menon's introduction sequence also done differently and enjoyed that sequence.

Fixing the spying device in the villain's mobile and getting his plans.....

AFter long time I enjoyed Vishal's acting as well. The role suited his very much.

Suseendiran's earlier projects were good too. He is a director to watch out for...

Russellyhd
22nd January 2014, 11:06 AM
Ivan vera maathiri :

Movie s ok.. Action + Romance worked well.. heroine s lukin gud.. Though Vikram prabhu s gud, he need to improve his acting skill..

BGM s amateurish 1..oru paattu nalla iruku..

My rating - 2.75/5 ..

Biriyaani:

Tis time too VP dint disappoint me.. script s as usual pakka.. Climax twist s gud..BGM nd Songs :bow: U1 :thumbsup:

Nasser in premji voice (pre-climax) :rotfl:

Hansika s cute nd doll :slurp: .. intha maathiri padam naditcha, vitta market'ai karthi pidikkalaam.. :)

My rating - 3.25/5

uruzalari
22nd January 2014, 11:16 AM
+1. Though the basic story is old, there are some interesting things I liked and feel that made the film entertaining.

Bharathiraja's character and acting was a big plus.

Not sure about the actor who acted as his friend, his acting too was natural and nice.

The police in Vazhakku En 18/9

mappi
23rd January 2014, 03:57 PM
2 Asian Films :

Drug War (Chinese) a film by Johnnie To (Time to know the master, if you already don't know him)
Action / Drama / Suspense
Avanga oru Ayan. The Police character has high potential in performance, and the artist just did that. A crooked villain, drug cartel & survival makes the movie not only interesting but gripping too.

Hide & Seek (Korean) a 1st film from a promising director Huh Jung
Thriller / Suspense / Mystery
Super Padam, which sets a normal start from 1st gear and moves to top speed. The narrative does not loose your attention, but still towards the end, I found them running in circles. That does not take away any best things from the movie.

Death Note
24th January 2014, 03:11 AM
2 Asian Films :

Drug War (Chinese) a film by Johnnie To (Time to know the master, if you already don't know him)
Action / Drama / Suspense
Avanga oru Ayan. The Police character has high potential in performance, and the artist just did that. A crooked villain, drug cartel & survival makes the movie not only interesting but gripping too.

Hide & Seek (Korean) a 1st film from a promising director Huh Jung
Thriller / Suspense / Mystery
Super Padam, which sets a normal start from 1st gear and moves to top speed. The narrative does not loose your attention, but still towards the end, I found them running in circles. That does not take away any best things from the movie.

You should watch New World,Secretly Greatly, The Man From Nowhere, Physcometry,The Flu, 71:into the Fire, The Tower etc. All great Korean movies. I could go on and on :)

mappi
24th January 2014, 04:08 AM
Death Note,
Have seen The Man From Nowhere & Physcometry.
Skipped Flu and The tower => Like only Korean "Hollywood-non-influential" movies [will watch them a Sunday]
Will try to watch New World,Secretly Greatly this weekend & 71:into the Fire, sometime later [a bit allergic to War genre].
Thanks man, if possible PM me a list please.

Death Note
24th January 2014, 05:11 AM
Death Note,
Have seen The Man From Nowhere & Physcometry.
Skipped Flu and The tower => Like only Korean "Hollywood-non-influential" movies [will watch them a Sunday]
Will try to watch New World,Secretly Greatly this weekend & 71:into the Fire, sometime later [a bit allergic to War genre].
Thanks man, if possible PM me a list please.

Done :)

uruzalari
24th January 2014, 02:46 PM
Goli Soda - Did not expect it to be an action film. Was quite gripping despite a few over the top scenes.

Death Note
25th January 2014, 03:18 AM
Goli Soda - Did not expect it to be an action film. Was quite gripping despite a few over the top scenes.

How good is it? Sreedhar Pillai rated it 4/5. High by his standards

uruzalari
25th January 2014, 10:11 AM
How good is it? Sreedhar Pillai rated it 4/5. High by his standards

It was entertaining and gripping.......the plot might be a little over the top

uzfuvebano
25th January 2014, 10:19 AM
guys,

Check out my first short film. it is 20 minutes with dialogs mainly in English. It was shot in Bangalore last year and released on youtube jan 1st 2014. I created a thread under miscellaneous topic - link below.

http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?10705-My-first-short-film

Thanks!

HonestRaj
25th January 2014, 10:30 AM
MalaikaLLan
- one time watchable.. lengthy film - 3 hrs run time..
- not matched to my expectation considering dialogues by Kalaignar Karunanithi

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/2d/Malaikkallan_Poster.jpg/220px-Malaikkallan_Poster.jpg

next in line - Madurai veeran

mappi
25th January 2014, 06:16 PM
HonestRaj,

A "classic" year, I suppose. Nice that you bring up such films. Here is a short list, I would recommend for the moment :

Manthira Kumari : its has some fabulous dance, pretty girls, awesome songs and some outstanding stunts.

Marmayogi : Rebel MGR, but its Nambiar all the way. An enchating tale of power & deception

Gulebakavali : Chandra babu mannerisms, top notch BGM & that song haunts me eveytime I hear it "Aasaiyum Nesamum"

Here is a British suspense movie "Chase A Crooked Shadow" - an original plot, gripping suspense, good performence, clever script & hooking narrative. If you watch it, let me know, we can talk about its adaptation.

uruzalari
25th January 2014, 09:14 PM
The Hindu Review by Bharadwaj Rangan - Goli Soda

I will be very surprised if there’s a more entertaining, more inventive, more well-acted masala movie this year.

http://www.thehindu.com/features/cinema/cinema-reviews/goli-soda-little-men/article5617400.ece

geno
25th January 2014, 10:04 PM
HonestRaj,

Here is a British suspense movie "Chase A Crooked Shadow" - an original plot, gripping suspense, good performence, clever script & hooking narrative. If you watch it, let me know, we can talk about its adaptation.

Ah! you mean "pudhiya paRavai?!"

geno
25th January 2014, 10:15 PM
MalaikaLLan
- one time watchable.. lengthy film - 3 hrs run time..
- not matched to my expectation considering dialogues by Kalaignar Karunanithi

மாடியில் படுக்கையறையில் இரவில் தனியாக இருக்கும் பானுமதியை(பூங்கோதை) சந்திக்க கள்ளத்தனமாக வருகிறார் மலைக்கள்ளன்

பூங்கோதை: "...நேர் வழியில் வராமல்..வீட்டில் யாருக்கும் தெரியாமல் இப்படி குறுக்கு வழியிலா வருவது?"

மலைக்கள்ளன்: "மலரிடம் ஓடி வரும் வண்டு - தோட்டக்காரனை எழுப்பி சொல்லி விட்டா வருகிறது?!"

HonestRaj
25th January 2014, 10:55 PM
மாடியில் படுக்கையறையில் இரவில் தனியாக இருக்கும் பானுமதியை(பூங்கோதை) சந்திக்க கள்ளத்தனமாக வருகிறார் மலைக்கள்ளன்

பூங்கோதை: "...நேர் வழியில் வராமல்..வீட்டில் யாருக்கும் தெரியாமல் இப்படி குறுக்கு வழியிலா வருவது?"

மலைக்கள்ளன்: "மலரிடம் ஓடி வரும் வண்டு - தோட்டக்காரனை எழுப்பி சொல்லி விட்டா வருகிறது?!"

indha madhiri oru sila dialogue irukku.. padam muzhuvadhum ippadi illai..

i was impressed by the lazy act of comedian T. S. Durairaj...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T._S._Durairaj

there is a flaw in the movie..
titles are shown at the start itself giving the names of actors & the characters they play... MGR has 3 characters & they list all 3..
3rd character is actually a twist in the screenplay

HonestRaj
25th January 2014, 10:58 PM
HonestRaj,

A "classic" year, I suppose. Nice that you bring up such films. Here is a short list, I would recommend for the moment :

Manthira Kumari : its has some fabulous dance, pretty girls, awesome songs and some outstanding stunts.

Marmayogi : Rebel MGR, but its Nambiar all the way. An enchating tale of power & deception

Gulebakavali : Chandra babu mannerisms, top notch BGM & that song haunts me eveytime I hear it "Aasaiyum Nesamum"

sure mappi.. i will let you know once i watched "Chase A Crooked Shadow"

also i will try watching other 3 MGR films also.. i still have adimaipenn, andha naal, madurai veeran, veerapandiya kattabomman..

HonestRaj
25th January 2014, 11:52 PM
saw "Death Wish I & II"
- not interesting... 1 1/2 hr each part.. still 3 more parts are there
- the reason i watched is, i read an interview by RK Selvamani saying that he made an art of Pulan Visaranai story & visioned Honestraj character similar to Death wish lead character played by charles bronson..
- RK Selvamani has taken couple of scenes from these & added in pulan visaranai
- one is, hero entering into the hospital with fake id card & the way he create the card...
- but, nothing we can say like "english padathula irundhu suttuttan"
- the actual twist is... "nan sigappu manidhan" is copied from these 2 film (part I & II)... major portions are copied & changed to suit our audience... the story & few scenes are same... SAC's one scene appearance & dialogue are similar :lol2:
- luckily Baghyaraj directed his portion, so he added his touch in those scenes...

Siv.S
26th January 2014, 12:08 AM
Ivan Vera Maathiri - I was hoping at least one good scene till the end, what I got was a pathetic love track. . stunts and camera works were brilliant.

mappi
26th January 2014, 04:11 AM

Arumai

Ah! you mean "pudhiya paRavai?!"

Yes

mappi
26th January 2014, 04:24 AM
Pulan Visaranai

Isn't Arnie's Commando sprinkled as salt & pepper in PV ?

Here are few movie "like-not-like" Death Wish - back to the 70's :
Dirty Harry 1,2 & 3
Play Misty For Me
The Last House On the Left (A certificate)
Race With the Devil (namba oru Kazhugu, the Rajini one)
Assault On Precint 13 (super-a irrukum)
The Hills Have Eyes 1
The Gaunlet
Breaker Breaker
Good Guys Wear Black
The Warriors (must watch)

(Not the same kind of Thriller)
The Medusa Touch
Boys From Brazil
Midnight Express
Coma
Duel

And Rocky 1 & 2, if you are interested.

mappi
26th January 2014, 04:32 AM
VS in IAPBK : Aiyoo Aiyayo Ayayayayo
Myself : Jai Ho !

Can't really come hard on the film Jai ho, kinda like Salman more than the media favorites SRK & Amir. Its definitely better than Dhoom 3, and looks like a "Thirai Malar" for 3 hours of 90's movies. Its like "u-got-a-problem, call Jai". He is all in all, like 911 + 100 + 101 + 102 + 108 + LAPD + HKPD + interpol ... he will be there !

Jai Ho : Kandi pa ji !

hattori_hanzo
26th January 2014, 05:19 AM
Play Misty For Me

Watched it last week. The first movie directed by Clint Eastwood. Pretty good psycho thriller which inspired 'Fatal Attraction' and later 'Paarthen Rasithen' in Tamil. It was nice to see Clint Eastwood play a normal man in difficult circumstances, when stalked by a woman.

hattori_hanzo
26th January 2014, 05:20 AM
Duel

My all time favorite Spielberg movie!

hattori_hanzo
26th January 2014, 11:46 AM
Biriyani - Mediocre

- Weakest Venkat Prabhu movie
- First half, particularly the car scene, is a bit too vulgar.
- Im fed up of all those cameos by director's close friends. When someone shouts, 'hey vijay vasanth da, vaibhav da'...my reaction is 'so what?'. Neither their appearance or Jai's blink-and-miss shot makes no difference.
- Sam Anderson. Golden opportunity wasted.
- Premji is there throughout the movie but most of his lines fall flat
- That unnecessary flash mob scene
- Ramki looks tired and disinterested. Jayaprakash, Shanmuga Sundaram, Nasser (sollave vendam) wasted
- Sampath who excelled in a difficult role in Goa, overdoes in a simple character here.
- Terrible music. MD's 100 padamaam. Kodumai.
- The videos and 'next target' image in memory card :laugh:
- Hansika

+ Karthi's comic timing...& he emotes well too..when his sister gets kidnapped and brother-in-law is wounded
+ Mandy's oomph
+ Fast but uneven screenplay
+ The 'mokkai party' scene.

HonestRaj
26th January 2014, 11:58 AM
Isn't Arnie's Commando sprinkled as salt & pepper in PV ?

Here are few movie "like-not-like" Death Wish - back to the 70's :
Dirty Harry 1,2 & 3
Play Misty For Me
The Last House On the Left (A certificate)
Race With the Devil (namba oru Kazhugu, the Rajini one)
Assault On Precint 13 (super-a irrukum)
The Hills Have Eyes 1
The Gaunlet
Breaker Breaker
Good Guys Wear Black
The Warriors (must watch)

(Not the same kind of Thriller)
The Medusa Touch
Boys From Brazil
Midnight Express
Coma
Duel

And Rocky 1 & 2, if you are interested.

:bow: nan idhula ore oru padamthan parthurukken "The Hills Have Eyes 1" ..... one time watch... i don't like these kind of man eating films.. i've seen the other ones like wrong turn & jeepers creepers..

i will try watching others in the list.. i have a copy of Dirty Harry & Rocky series... rest, will download & see...

earlier people (esp. hubber groucho) used to discuss 70's & 80's movies.. i silently read those posts & note down the films to see later..

geno
26th January 2014, 12:53 PM
indha madhiri oru sila dialogue irukku.. padam muzhuvadhum ippadi illai..

i was impressed by the lazy act of comedian T. S. Durairaj...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T._S._Durairaj

there is a flaw in the movie..
titles are shown at the start itself giving the names of actors & the characters they play... MGR has 3 characters & they list all 3..
3rd character is actually a twist in the screenplay

right...Dialogues were better in Manthiri Kumari!

And this film was based on Namakkal Kavingnar's Novel/puthinam, which was even prescribed as a Non-detailed text it seems, in schools/colleges. Must have been a widely read story, and the producer must have thought since this is a well known story, he could have the titles like that!

geno
26th January 2014, 01:07 PM
MalaikkaLLan was MGR's "Super star" moment!

Just like "malaikkaLLan" there was another excellent thriller which could have been made even better with some slick editing - "Maragatham [aka] karunguiyil kunRathuk kolai"

Russellyhd
26th January 2014, 01:38 PM
+ Karthi's comic timing...& he emotes well too..when his sister gets kidnapped and brother-in-law is wounded

Yes..Paruthiveeran karthi apo apo gnapagam vanthitchu :)

hattori_hanzo
26th January 2014, 02:13 PM
saw "Death Wish I & II"
- the actual twist is... "nan sigappu manidhan" is copied from these 2 film (part I & II)... major portions are copied & changed to suit our audience... the story & few scenes are same...

HR, Death Wish was first remade in Hindi as Aaj Ki Awaaz (1984) starring Raj Babbar and Smita Patil. The Hindi movie was remade as NSM by SAC.

hattori_hanzo
26th January 2014, 02:17 PM
Yes..Paruthiveeran karthi apo apo gnapagam vanthitchu :)

Yeah that crying scene was quite natural. I somehow felt bad for him. When an actor with absolutely no skills like Arya gets to act in movies with good scripts, why is Karthi's talent not utilized? Or how on earth is his script selection so poor? With continuous failures, its very tough for him now to be back to where he was post-Siruthai.

HonestRaj
26th January 2014, 02:24 PM
HR, Death Wish was first remade in Hindi as Aaj Ki Awaaz (1984) starring Raj Babbar and Smita Patil. The Hindi movie was remade as NSM by SAC.
rajini summa non stop'ah hindi padangalai remake adichu thallirukkaru..

hattori_hanzo
26th January 2014, 02:43 PM
yes, and the same SAC's Sattam Oru Iruttarai was remade as Andha Kanoon in Hindi. That was Rajini's bollywood debut...followed by Gangwa, remake of Malayoor Mambattiyan.

hattori_hanzo
26th January 2014, 03:01 PM
Yes

mappi, have you seen Hitchcock's Rebecca. I found the last scene where the protagonist reveals his secret very similar to Pudhiya Paravai's plot.

19thmay
26th January 2014, 03:09 PM
Jilla ... indha padatha oruthadavaiku mela paakura jeevangal ellam dheiva machans...

Over all this pongal was more like Aadhi vs Paramasivan ...

But at least Veeram had good first half ...

VinodKumar's
27th January 2014, 12:22 AM
Goli soda ... Movie + full house Jayanthi theater crowd made it good. evalo naal aachi ippdi janaranjagamana kootathu kooda padam paathu. Pasangala maas hero maari aakitaanga :lol:.

chinna pasanga love :banghead: