PDA

View Full Version : ஐ - Shankar + Vikram + Amy Jackson + ARR

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]

Adox
21st January 2015, 09:19 PM
'I' ('Ai') 5-Day Box Office Collections (Opening Weekend): Vikram-Amy Starrer Grosses over 135 crore Worldwide - ibtimes

[FONT=century gothic]

"The film has recovered ( WW ) close to 50% of its Distributor Cost WW in 5 days weekend and it all depends on how far will it go from now," the website stated.

Now that the Pongal/Sankranti holidays are over, one has to wait and see how the Vikram starrer fares during the weekdays.
The Shankar directorial is a big budget film and its theatricals have been sold for huge prices. It needs to be seen if "I" recovers its costs and emerges a hit.
There are no big Tamil film releases until 29 January, when Ajith-starrer "Yennai Arindhaal" will be hitting the screens. In Telugu, Kalyan Ram's "Pataas" will be releasing on 23 January, while Akshay Kumar's Hindi film "Baby" will be hitting theatres on the same day.

"I" Tamil version is likely to dominate the screens for at least 10 days, while the Telugu and Hindi versions might face competition from "Pataas" and "Baby" respectively.

Angae dhan vizhayamae irrukku .. Whatever collections be it, remains to be seen if it emerges a hit let alone a BB. SS's Linga similar - it may have crossed 100C but the movie is a registered flop for the most part. I'm guessing 'I' may atleast come out a hit and not a BB.

aceqoxim
21st January 2015, 11:27 PM
Watchable for Vikram and Amy, but definitely a disappointment.

I didn't have any issues with the way transgenders were shown. I mean, that's how they are right? Especially in fashion industry. Do they expect to be shown as the akka in "Onaiyum.." in all movies or what? When you come across transgenders while walking on the road, you avoid them for some reason right?

I don't have a problem with Shankar's portrayal of Osma. His character, his characterisation ,whatever . I'm baffled by your statement though because I'd somehow assumed its beneath you to think things are always black and white and people can be shoved into neat little boxes.

Freedom
21st January 2015, 11:55 PM
'I' ('Ai') 5-Day Box Office Collections (Opening Weekend): Vikram-Amy Starrer Grosses over 135 crore Worldwide - ibtimes

"I" Tamil and Telugu versions hit the screens on 14 January, while the Hindi version was released on 16 January. The Tamil version has done fantastic business in Tamil Nadu and Kerala, while the Telugu version has done good business; the Hindi version also has performed decently.

"I" has created box office history in Kerala, where the film is said to have grossed ₹10.75 crore in its opening weekend at the box office. In Tamil Nadu, the film has minted ₹40 crore, while its collections from AP/Nizam areas amount to over ₹31 crore.

The Vikram-starrer has surpassed the $1 million mark in collections at the North American box office. The film has reportedly minted $1.15 million in five days at the US and Canada box offices. "#I #Imovie 5 days NA BO $1.15M.1st million dollar movie of the year," tweeted SIMoviesUSA (https://twitter.com/SIMoviesUSA).

With the inclusion of the film's collections from other Indian markets as well as overseas centres, "I" has minted ₹135.20 crore at box offices worlwide, reported Andhraboxoffice (http://andhraboxoffice.com/info.aspx?id=710&cid=6&fid=878).

"The film has recovered ( WW ) close to 50% of its Distributor Cost WW in 5 days weekend and it all depends on how far will it go from now," the website (http://andhraboxoffice.com/info.aspx?id=649&cid=8&fid=878) stated.

Now that the Pongal/Sankranti holidays are over, one has to wait and see how the Vikram starrer fares during the weekdays.
The Shankar directorial is a big budget film and its theatricals have been sold for huge prices. It needs to be seen if "I" recovers its costs and emerges a hit.
There are no big Tamil film releases until 29 January, when Ajith-starrer "Yennai Arindhaal" will be hitting the screens. In Telugu, Kalyan Ram's "Pataas" will be releasing on 23 January, while Akshay Kumar's Hindi film "Baby" will be hitting theatres on the same day.

"I" Tamil version is likely to dominate the screens for at least 10 days, while the Telugu and Hindi versions might face competition from "Pataas" and "Baby" respectively.

Neraya padam 100C nu poduvaanga. Potta kaasa mudhal la eduthaangala nu kelunga producer kitta.

Hindi la 'Holiday' nu Akshay Kumar oru padam vandhuchaam, 100C nu sonnanga. En Northie friend kitta ketta, naan Holiday ku engayum pogala nu solraan. Ketta appdi oru padama nu kekaraan. Andha pada director(ARM) ennanda na avaroda latest Hindi padamum 100C nu maar thattikaraaru!!

5 days la 135C, 2 days la 77C nu ellam naanga pona varsham Pongal podhe pathutom :lol2:

bimmer
22nd January 2015, 01:23 AM
Neraya padam 100C nu poduvaanga. Potta kaasa mudhal la eduthaangala nu kelunga producer kitta.

Hindi la 'Holiday' nu Akshay Kumar oru padam vandhuchaam, 100C nu sonnanga. En Northie friend kitta ketta, naan Holiday ku engayum pogala nu solraan. Ketta appdi oru padama nu kekaraan. Andha pada director(ARM) ennanda na avaroda latest Hindi padamum 100C nu maar thattikaraaru!!

5 days la 135C, 2 days la 77C nu ellam naanga pona varsham Pongal podhe pathutom :lol2:

Freedom

Avoroda Adutha padam peru kooda '100 Koodi'.

Chikatiloan
22nd January 2015, 01:24 AM

This stupid hindi media started all these non-sense like 100C club..now its spreaded down south as well..

Mahen
22nd January 2015, 05:38 AM
Freedom, So based on your friends opinion, you conclude it didnt reach 100c?hindi films have a proper system to track bo collection unlike here..so watever figures being reported can be considered accurate..

nickraman
22nd January 2015, 06:36 AM
Avoroda Adutha padam peru kooda '100 Koodi'.

Nijam peru, "Therukoodi"

ajaybaskar
22nd January 2015, 07:51 AM
Freedom, So based on your friends opinion, you conclude it didnt reach 100c?hindi films have a proper system to track bo collection unlike here..so watever figures being reported can be considered accurate..
Come on Mahen. His target was not ARM or Holiday. :)

faithiu11
22nd January 2015, 09:11 AM
Now "holiday"..lol...next could be PK

Cinemarasigan
22nd January 2015, 09:34 AM
neenga ok naa sollunga, pesi mudichidalam. vara vaigasi masathileye nichayadartham vechikalaam :-)

:lol: Good one..

Cinemarasigan
22nd January 2015, 09:35 AM
illaa thaatha , Amy has just proposed to me now !

Wow Params... may your dream come true...

Pras
22nd January 2015, 09:58 AM

Unga northie friend entha village ? "Movie"-na enna-ne theriyaama vazharnthirukkaar pola ?

VinodKumar's
22nd January 2015, 11:52 AM
Pras,

Ivangaluku prachanaye ARM padam 100C collect pannadhu thaan. Free ya vidunga ;).

ajaybaskar
22nd January 2015, 12:02 PM
Pras,

Ivangaluku prachanaye ARM padam 100C collect pannadhu thaan. Free ya vidunga ;).
Sharing a data from bollywoodhungama on the top grossers of 2014. But I should also admit here that I dont have a friend in north india to substantiate BWH's data.

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/box-office/top-grossers/year/2014

selvakumar
22nd January 2015, 12:20 PM
I is not listed in any theater around Boston from Friday. Removed after tomorrow. Checked in Fandango. Is there any site that updates show times with more accuracy for Indian films?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

balaajee
22nd January 2015, 12:28 PM
’ஐ’ பட எதிர்ப்புகள்.. என்ன சொல்கிறார் படத்தில் நடித்த ஓஜாஸ்! - VIKATAN

விக்ரம் நடிப்பில் ஷங்கரின் இயக்கத்தில் வெளியான ‘ஐ’ படத்திற்கு ஏகப்பட்ட எதிர்ப்புகள் கிளம்பியுள்ளன. படத்தில் திருநங்கைகளை இழிவுபடுத்தும் காட்சிகள் இடம்பெற்றிருக்கின்றன என்று திருநங்கைகள் கொதித்தெழுந்து தங்களுடைய எதிர்ப்பை பதிவுசெய்துவருகின்றனர். உண்மையில் இந்தியாவின் மேக்கப் ஆர்டிஸ்டான பிரபல ஓஜாஸ் ரஜனி தன்னுடைய சொந்த பாத்திரத்திலேயே ‘ஐ’ படத்தில் நடித்துள்ளார்.
விக்ரமிற்கு மேக்கப் மற்றும் ஸ்டைலிஸ்டாக ஓஸ்மா என்ற பெயரில் ஒரு கட்டத்தில் விக்ரமின் மீது காதல் கொள்ளும்படியும் அதை விக்ரம் உதாசினப்படுத்துவது போன்றும் காட்சிகள் நகரும். படத்தின் பின் பாதியில் முக்கிய வில்லன்களில் ஒருவராக மாறுவார் ஓஜாஸ். தற்போது கிளம்பியுள்ள போராட்டங்களுக்கும் , எதிர்ப்புகளுக்கும் ஓஜாஸ் தனது கடிதம் வாயிலாக பதில் அனுப்பியுள்ளார்.
http://cinema.vikatan.com/uploaded/DSC_9384.jpg
அக்கடித்தத்தில் அவர் தெரிவித்திருப்பதாவது, இந்த படத்தினை பார்த்து யாரும் கோவப்படவேண்டாம். இயக்குநர் ஷங்கர் படத்தில் என்னுடைய கதாப்பாத்திரத்தினை அழகுடனும் நேர்த்தியுடனும் வடிவமைத்திருக்கிறார். என் கதாப்பாத்திரத்திற்கு ஏற்ற காதல் வயப்படுதல் அதனால் ஏற்படும் விளைவு மட்டுமே படத்தில் காட்டியிருக்கிறார். அது திருநங்கைகளை எந்த விதத்திலும் தவறாக காட்டப்படவில்லை. ‘ஐ’ சிறப்பாகவும், சிறந்த ஸ்டார் நட்சத்திரங்களைக் கொண்டு படம் உருவாக்கப்பட்டுள்ளது. நான் வெளிநாட்டில் ஷீட்டிங்கில் இருக்கிறேன். படம் நல்ல முறையில் ஓடிகொண்டிருக்கிறது யாரும் எதிர்ப்பு தெரிவிக்க வேண்டாம் என்று கேட்டுக் கொண்டிருக்கிறேன் என்று தெரிவித்துள்ளார் ஓஜாஸ்.

balaajee
22nd January 2015, 12:37 PM
கேரளாவில் சூப்பர்ஹிட்டான ஐ

கேரளாவில் ஐ (http://tamil.webdunia.com/search?cx=015955889424990834868:i52wen7tp3i&cof=FORID:9&ie=UTF-8&sa=search&siteurl=http://tamil.webdunia.com&q=%E0%AE%90)படத்தை குளோபல் யுனைடெட் மீடியா சுமார் 230 திரையரங்குகளில் வெளியிட்டுள்ளது.

http://media.webdunia.com/_media/ta/img/article/2015-01/19/full/1421639753-9191.jpg

ஷங்கரின் படத்துக்கு கேரளாவில் எதிர்பார்ப்பு எப்போதும் உண்டு. ஐ முதல் இரு தினங்களில் 5.57 கோடிகள் வசூலித்துள்ளதாக குளோபல் புனைடெட் மீடியா தெரிவித்துள்ளது. ஐந்து தினங்களில் பத்து கோடியை படம் தாண்டும் என்றும் அந்நிறுவனம் நம்பிக்கை தெரிவித்துள்ளது.

அவர்களின் நம்பிக்கை கைகூடினால் அது தமிழ்ப் படம் ஒன்றின் கேரளா சாதனையாக கருதப்படும்.

இதேபோல் தெலுங்கிலும் படத்துக்கு நல்ல வரவேற்பு உள்ளது. லிங்காவுடன் ஒப்பிட்டால் ஐ மிகப்பெரிய ஹிட் என்று குதூகலிக்கிறார்கள் ஐ -யை ஆந்திராவில் வெளியிட்டவர்கள்.

balaajee
22nd January 2015, 12:38 PM
ஐந்து தினங்களில் இந்தியாவில் 100 கோடியை தாண்டிய ஐ

ஷங்கரின் ஐ (http://tamil.webdunia.com/search?cx=015955889424990834868:i52wen7tp3i&cof=FORID:9&ie=UTF-8&sa=search&siteurl=http://tamil.webdunia.com&q=%E0%AE%90)ஐந்து தினங்களில் இந்தியாவில் 100 கோடியை தாண்டி சாதனைப் படைத்துள்ளது.
ஐ படத்தின் வசூல் குறித்து இதுவரை தயாரிப்பாளர் தரப்பு அதிகாரப்பூர்வமாக எதுவும் வெளியிடவில்லை. அதேநேரம், படம் ஐந்து தினங்களில் 100 கோடியை தாண்டியதாக படம் சம்பந்தப்பட்டவர்கள் தெரிவிக்கின்றனர்.

http://media.webdunia.com/_media/ta/img/article/2014-08/28/full/1409203583-3551.jpg

தமிழ்நாட்டில் ஐ ஐந்து தினங்களில் 40 கோடியை வசூலித்துள்ளது. கேரளாவில் 10.7 கோடிகள். ஆந்திரா மற்றும் தெலுங்கானா பகுதிகளில் ஐ -இன் தெலுங்குப் பதிப்பு 30 கோடிகளை தாண்டியுள்ளது. கர்நாடகாவில் சுமாராக பத்து கோடிகள். இந்திப் பதிப்பு சுமார் பத்து கோடிகள்.

இந்த உத்தேச கணக்கே 100 கோடிகளை தாண்டுகிறது. வெளிநாடுகளிலும் ஐ சிறப்பான ஓபனிங்கை பெற்றுள்ளது. 100 கோடிகளை தாண்டும் ஷங்கரின் 3 -வது படம் ஐ. விக்ரமுக்கு இது முதல் 100 கோடி படம்.

balaajee
22nd January 2015, 12:44 PM
ஐ படம் பார்த்த ஒரு கவிஞரின் கவிதை விமர்சனம்

கவிஞர் மகுடேசுவரன் தமிழின் முக்கிய கவிஞர்களில் ஒருவர். ஐ (http://tamil.webdunia.com/search?cx=015955889424990834868:i52wen7tp3i&cof=FORID:9&ie=UTF-8&sa=search&siteurl=http://tamil.webdunia.com&q=%E0%AE%90)படம் பார்த்த பின் அந்த தாக்கத்தில் அவர் ஒரு கவிதை எழுதியுள்ளார். உங்களின் ஐ விமர்சனத்துடன் அது ஒத்துப் போகிறதா பாருங்கள்.
ஐகாரப் படம்காணச் சென்றேன்
அழுவாத குறையாக நின்றேன்...
இடைவேளை வருமுன்னே
எழுந்தோடி வெளிவந்து
படிக்கட்டில் உட்கார்ந்து கொண்டேன்.

சீனாவைக் காட்டிவிட்டால் ஆச்சா?
சீன்பண்ணும் திறனெல்லாம் போச்சா?
வீணாக மூன்றாண்டு
இல்லாத பொல்லாத
விளம்பரங்கள் செய்துவிட்டால் ஆச்சா?

படச்சுருளில் படம்பிடித்த படமாம்
கண்ணொற்றிக் கொள்ளும்படி வருமாம்...
ஓரெழவும் வரவில்லை
படச்சட்டம் தெளில்லை.
நாராசப் பாட்டெல்லாம் தொல்லை...

பாய்ஸ் படத்துப் பாட்டுமுறை விட்டு
ஜீன்ஸ் படத்து செட்டிங்கை விட்டு
நான்குவகைப் பாடல்கள்
நான்குவகை அடிதடிகள்
வெளியேவா புதிதாய்த்தா கற்று...

ஆலிவுட்டில் பின்னிசைக்க செலவு
ஆகும்தொகை லட்சத்துக்கும் குறைவு...
கோலிகுண்டு வாங்குதற்கு
கோடிவரை செலவழித்தால்
தமிழ்த்திரையை நம்பியோர்க்கு அழிவு.

balaajee
22nd January 2015, 02:12 PM
Dhinathandi - Review

ஆணழகனாக இருந்த ஒருவன் தன்னை அகோர உருவமாக மாற்றியவர்களை பழிவாங்கும் கதை.
‘லோக்கல்’ பாடி பில்டராக இருக்கும் விக்ரம், மாடல் அழகி எமிஜாக்சனின் தீவிர ரசிகர். தமிழ்நாடு ஆணழகனுக்கான போட்டியில் கலந்து கொண்டு வெற்றி பெறுகிறார். தோல்வி அடைந்த சக வீரர், விக்ரம் மீது விரோதம் கொள்கிறார்.

எமிஜாக்சனுக்கு உடன் நடிக்கும் மாடல் உபென் பட்டேல் பாலியல் தொல்லை கொடுக்கிறார். அவருடைய ஆசைக்கு இணங்க மறுத்ததால், எமிஜாக்சனை மாடல் உலகில் இருந்தே ஓய்க்க முயற்சிக்கிறார். எமி, விக்ரம் உதவியுடன் உபென் பட்டேலின் சதியை முறியடிப்பதுடன், விக்ரம் உலக அளவில் பெரிய மாடல் ஆவதற்கும் உறுதுணையாகிறார். இதனால், விக்ரம் மீது உபென் பட்டேல் கொலை வெறி கொள்கிறார்.

இந்த நிலையில் விக்ரம், அவரை வைத்து பல விளம்பர படங்கள் தயாரித்த ராம்குமாரின் விரோதத்தையும் சம்பாதிக்கிறார். இந்த மூன்று வில்லன்களுடன் விக்ரமை ஒருதலையாக காதலிக்கும் (ஒப்பனை கலைஞர்) அரவாணி, எமி மீது ஆசைப்படும் டாக்டர் சுரேஷ்கோபி ஆகிய இருவரும் சேர்ந்து கொள்கிறார்கள். விக்ரம் உடம்பில் வைரஸ் கிருமியை ஊசி மூலம் புகுத்தி, அவர் உருவத்தை அகோரமாக மாற்றி விடுகிறார்கள். பாதிக்கப்பட்ட விக்ரம், அதே பாணியில் பழிவாங்குகிறார்.

ஒரு திருமண மண்டபத்தில் கதை ஆரம்பிக்கிறது. மணப்பெண் எமிஜாக்சனை அகோர உருவம் கொண்ட விக்ரம் கடத்துவது போல் ஒரு எதிர்பார்ப்புடன் படம் தொடங்குகிறது. ஆணழகன் விக்ரம், அவருடைய நண்பர் சந்தானம், எமி மீதான விக்ரமின் தீவிர ரசனை என படத்தின் ஆரம்பம் கலகலப்பாக இருக்கிறது.

விக்ரம்–எமி ஜோடி சீனா செல்வது; அங்கு விக்ரமை எமி காதலிப்பதாக பொய் சொல்வது; பின்னர், உண்மையிலேயே காதல்வசப்படுவது என்று கதை, காதல் ரூட்டில் பயணிக்கிறது.
இடைவேளைக்குப்பின், ஆணழகனாக இருந்த விக்ரம் எப்படி அகோர உருவமானார்? என்ற ‘பிளாஷ்பேக்,’ கதையுடன் ஒன்ற செய்து, நெகிழ வைக்கிறது. வில்லன்களை விக்ரம் பழிவாங்கும் படலம் விறுவிறுப்பாக போய், கடைசியில் ‘காமெடி’யில் முடிகிறது.

விக்ரம், ‘லிங்கேஸ்வரன்’ என்ற அந்த சென்னை நகரத்து ‘பாடி பில்டர்’ கதாபாத்திரத்துக்காக ரொம்பவே தியாகம் செய்து இருக்கிறார். கட்டுமஸ்தான உடற்கட்டுடன் கூடிய ஆணழகன், இருபதின் இளமை கொண்ட அழகான காதலர், உடல் முழுக்க கட்டிகளுடன் கூடிய கூன் வளைந்த ஆசாமி, அந்த கோரம் கொஞ்சம் கொஞ்சமாக விலகிய லிங்கேஸ்வரன் ஆகிய நான்கு விதமான தோற்றங்களுக்காக நிறைய மெனக்கெட்டிருக்கிறார்.

தன்னை எமி காதலிப்பதாக சொன்னதும், ‘‘நான் கூவம். நீங்க பைவ் ஸ்டார் ஓட்டல். நான் பத்தாம் கிளாஸ். நீங்க இங்லீசுக்கே இங்லீஷ் கத்துக் கொடுக்கறவங்க’’ என்று தாழ்வுமனப் பான்மையுடன் பேசும் போதும்– எமி காதலிப்பது போல் நடித்ததை சொன்னதும் விரக்தியுடன், ‘‘என்னை படிக்காதவன் முரட்டுத்தடியன்னு நினைச்சு, கடைசியில் நெஞ்சை பிளந்துட்டீங்களே...’’ என்று உருகும் போதும்–விக்ரம் நடிப்பில் கெட்டி.

சீனாவில் ஓட்டு வீடுகளின் கூரை மீது நடக்கும் சைக்கிள் சண்டையிலும், ஓடும் ரெயில் மீது நடக்கும் உச்சக்கட்ட சண்டையிலும், விக்ரம் மிரட்டல்களின் உச்சம்.
எமிஜாக்சன், அழகாக இருக்கிறார். நடிக்கவும் செய்கிறார். பாடல் காட்சிகளில் கூட அழுத்தம் திருத்தமாக வாயசைக்கிறார். சந்தானம், விக்ரம் கூடவே வருகிறார். வில்லன்களை அந்த மண்டையா...இந்த மண்டையா...என்று திட்டி சிரிக்க வைக்கிறார். விளம்பர படங்களின் தயாரிப்பாளராக வரும் ராம்குமார் (சிவாஜியின் மூத்த மகன்), மேல்தட்டு வில்லன் வேடத்தில் கச்சிதம். அமைதியான டாக்டராக வரும் சுரேஷ்கோபி முக்கிய வில்லனாக மாறும் இடம், எதிர்பாராத திருப்பம்.

ஏ.ஆர்.ரகுமான் இசையில் பாடல்களும், அவை படமாகி இருக்கும் இடங்களும் அழகோ அழகு. பி.சி.ஸ்ரீராம், கேமரா மூலம் கவிதை எழுதியிருக்கிறார்.
காதலும், பழிவாங்கலும் கலந்த கதையை டைரக்டர் அவருடைய ஸ்டைலில் அழகாக, பிரமாண்ட காட்சி அமைப்புகளுடன், விறுவிறுப்பாக சொல்லியிருக்கிறார். கதையில், அய்யோ இப்படி ஆகிவிட்டதே என்ற பதற்றம் இல்லாதது, ஒரு குறை.

ஹாலிவுட் படங்களில் மட்டுமே பார்க்க முடிகிற பிரமிப்புகளை இங்கேயும் காட்சிப் படுத்தியிருக்கும் விதம், சூப்பர் மிரட்டல்.

balaajee
22nd January 2015, 02:18 PM
ஐ மேக்கிங் ஆல்பம்! - http://cinema.vikatan.com/articles/news/25/8369

Pras
22nd January 2015, 05:13 PM
pcsreeram ‏@pcsreeram 14m14 minutes ago

In Mumbai - every one I met have seen "I" or planning to see it. The magic of "I" is all over Mumbai.

vithagan
22nd January 2015, 05:18 PM
I is not listed in any theater around Boston from Friday. Removed after tomorrow. Checked in Fandango. Is there any site that updates show times with more accuracy for Indian films?

This site will give you the indian movie listings in New ENgland area http://imoviecafe.com/

Adox
22nd January 2015, 06:01 PM
'I' in the all-time Top 5 after just 6 days
Jan 22, 2015

It's time now to look at the overseas performance of 'I' in the key markets of US and UK. The film is doing rousing business here too just like back home, and the stakeholders are much-pleased with the opening.

USA gross after the first 6 days in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi - reported to be 1.17 million USD (7.19 crores) (all-time Number 5). Superstar's movies like Enthiran, Lingaa, Sivaji and also Kamal's Vishwaroopam are higher than 'I' currently.

UK gross after the first 6 days in Tamil and Hindi - reported to be 275,576 pounds (2.56 crores). 'I' is currently at the all-time number 5 slot in UK, overtaking the likes of Lingaa already. It has higher spots in its sights indeed. Last year's highest grosser was Kaththi with around 333,522 pounds in the UK.

paranitharan
22nd January 2015, 11:28 PM
So still enthiran is the benchmark. Let's keep breaking it ;)

Freedom
22nd January 2015, 11:42 PM

Depends on what you want to infer.

Just because a movie hits 100C mark you cannot evade the fact that it can be a dud. Case in point 'Linga', 'Happy new year' and 'Holiday' . Perusa 100C nu maar thaaitikka onnum illa. As a Thalaivar fan I cannot run away from the fact Linga was a disaster.

I'm not saying 'I' falls in that category. I personally liked it and I think it will do well. But can it break even and create good profits is a different story. Also this 5 days 135C ellam appadi solli promote pannave theva illa. If the movie is good it will go well ALA Thuppaki or VIP style. You don't have to churn out box office numbers or have 2nd day success meet to make the public believe that your movie doing well.

You can also take Surya's Anjaan and Karthi's recent success meets for movies such as Saguni, Alex pandian and AAA.

Inferences from other fans are purely their imagination and I hold no responsibility for that. Obviously you can choose to infer whatever you want!

Freedom
22nd January 2015, 11:44 PM
Unga northie friend entha village ? "Movie"-na enna-ne theriyaama vazharnthirukkaar pola ?

I don't have any comments about that. One thing I was able to deduce was that 'Holiday' was not too well received despite the fact it was a 100C movie.

Don't read more into it. Peace!

Pras
23rd January 2015, 02:16 AM
Don't read more into it. Peace!

summa simple-a solliteenga ...
when they are releasing 100s of movies you needed to take that particular example "holiday" ? ... accept that it is just because it is a tamil remake which had some actor you hate !
ok, i am not into your vijay vs ajith fight ... that's your playground, but hey, you r in I thread, and speaking about I numbers ... and you don't want me to read more into your post ?
your latest post about success meet ? ... yep, i saw that ambala success meet day 3 of its release ... did aascar, shankar, vikram or anyone else spoke about I's success ? numbers are given by those so called "BO analysts" and "industry trackers" ... if you have real proofs that the are wrong, please post them here, until then ... Peace!

Adox
23rd January 2015, 02:33 AM
when they are releasing 100s of movies you needed to take that particular example "holiday" ? ... accept that it is just because it is a tamil remake which had some actor you hate !
ok, i am not into your vijay vs ajith fight ... that's your playground, but hey, you r in I thread, and speaking about I numbers ... and you don't want me to read more into your post ?
your latest post about success meet ? ... yep, i saw that ambala success meet day 3 of its release ... did aascar, shankar, vikram or anyone else spoke about I's success ? numbers are given by those so called "BO analysts" and "industry trackers" ... if you have real proofs that the are wrong, please post them here, until then ... Peace!

A second day or third day success meet signifies the movie did not attract crowds as anticipated imo. I think most understand this by now. Its (success meet) is more of a catalyst to get more people to watch the movie. The fact that 'I' didnt do it, me thinks its doing well and may break even soon.

Now coming to 'Ambala' - probably struggling with 'I' running along side.

Pras
23rd January 2015, 02:39 AM
BIG PS : (ithukku mela Peace! thaan, i won't bother u)

I cannot run away from the fact Linga was a disaster.

ithai naan vanmayaaga kandikkuren ! ... 2 - 3 distributors protest only ... they didn't sign any contract ? ... as per the paper they signed, legal-a action edukkalaame, ethukku nadu theruvula protest ?
Linga is a better hit than all the so called hits of 2014 ... that's truth ;)

Pras
23rd January 2015, 02:43 AM
A second day or third day success meet signifies the movie did not attract crowds as anticipated imo. I think most understand this by now. Its (success meet) is more of a catalyst to get more people to watch the movie. The fact that 'I' didnt do it, me thinks its doing well and may break even soon.

Now coming to 'Ambala' - probably struggling with 'I' running along side.

i posted this in another forum :

There is a saying in banks here : when you buy a bond or equity for an amount and that you lose money with it ... if the bond or equity comes to half the price you bought, just double the amount you put on it without second thoughts and hope to earn some money.

ippalaam, 3rd day "success meeting" vachaale enakku ithu thaan gnaabagam varuthu ... "ayyayyo panam poittu irukke ? ok oru success meet-ku panam konjam selavu pannalaam, athula varra publicity + curiosity-la padam konjam pick up aagum" ....

Adox
23rd January 2015, 02:49 AM

ithai naan vanmayaaga kandikkuren ! ... 2 - 3 distributors protest only ... they didn't sign any contract ? ... as per the paper they signed, legal-a action edukkalaame, ethukku nadu theruvula protest ?

Forget about those fraud distributors singaravelan (now trying to politicize it) and co ..... but Linga although was an ok movie is certainly not a hit unless you're joking. Everybody agrees there. But I'm not sure what the break even costs were for Linga. But looks like the break even for 'I' is about 270 Crs. and its half way there according to that link posted.

Mr.GreyShirt
23rd January 2015, 02:56 AM
Forget about those fraud distributors singaravelan (now trying to politicize it) and co ..... but Linga although was an ok movie is certainly not a hit unless you're joking. Everybody agrees there. But I'm not sure what the break even costs were for Linga. But looks like the break even for 'I' is about 270 Crs. and its half way there according to that link posted.

What..? 270c for this movie? I highly doubt it

Adox
23rd January 2015, 02:56 AM
ippalaam, 3rd day "success meeting" vachaale enakku ithu thaan gnaabagam varuthu ... "ayyayyo panam poittu irukke ? ok oru success meet-ku panam konjam selavu pannalaam, athula varra publicity + curiosity-la padam konjam pick up aagum" ....

Exactly .. there's no need for success meets esp. on the 2nd/3rd day if the movie is really a success! Why spend more and waste time :)

Pras
23rd January 2015, 03:00 AM

I really don't know about costs and revenues ... but the fact is Lingaa ran better than (for ex) VIP which is considered a BB last year ... so they sold lingaa too high, with the fact that it was "the next after endiran rajini movie" ? maybe ... but they signed isn't it ? ... if they hoped for a better run in KSR + Rajini than Shankar + Rajini, that's their problem :lol: ...

Adox
23rd January 2015, 03:00 AM
What..? 270c for this movie? I highly doubt it

Are you saying its more or less ? Even if its more it should be ok in my opinion. Factor in the time (3 years money locked in), cg, and all the shoots out of the country and so forth.

Adox
23rd January 2015, 03:04 AM
I really don't know about costs and revenues ... but the fact is Lingaa ran better than (for ex) VIP which is considered a BB last year ... so they sold lingaa too high, with the fact that it was "the next after endiran rajini movie" ? maybe ... but they signed isn't it ? ... if they hoped for a better run in KSR + Rajini than Shankar + Rajini, that's their problem :lol: ...

That was always my thinking .. I buy a stock taking a risk and paying a big price .. I later dont go back to the stock company and ask them to compensate me if it fails. Silly .. only happens there. SS and others shouldnt have done it before and let the business take its own course.

Freedom
23rd January 2015, 03:11 AM

You clearly missed my point here and you answered it yourself in response to different post.

Which ever thread it is, Whether I or 'Pathu endrathukulla', it doesn't matter.... as long as it is relevant I'll post.

Coming back to the original discussion, you can read post of mine just above to what you have responded and you have also told that having 2nd day meet or blowing your own horns on collection is like saving a sinking ship.

Now I collection of 135C in 5 days wants me to speculate about whether it is a sinking ship or not. But I don't think its official. So I'll skip.

Freedom
23rd January 2015, 03:13 AM

Comedy panna theenga. It was dated story and everyone was fairly disappointed with its outcome. Again I don't really care about this 100C BS (which was my original point). You can do your own research and be satisfied with Linga outcome.

Pras
23rd January 2015, 03:25 AM
You clearly missed my point here and you answered it yourself in response to different post.

Which ever thread it is, Whether I or 'Pathu endrathukulla', it doesn't matter.... as long as it is relevant I'll post.

Coming back to the original discussion, you can read post of mine just above to what you have responded and you have also told that having 2nd day meet or blowing your own horns on collection is like saving a sinking ship.

Now I collection of 135C in 5 days wants me to speculate about whether it is a sinking ship or not. But I don't think its official. So I'll skip.

it is not official ... that's true ... but again, if unable to prove otherwise, why don't just believe and move on ? :huh: .... (when every one is saying the same thing i mean, not one or two vadai suttufying)
you guys are in a difficult position : if vijay movie is releasing .. u'll say it's a flop. even before release .... and if ajith's movie is releasing .. it is vice versa ..
as a vikram fan i don't have that problen ;) ... most of the online posts will reflect reality only !

Freedom
23rd January 2015, 03:32 AM
it is not official ... that's true ... but again, if unable to prove otherwise, why don't just believe and move on ? :huh: .... (when every one is saying the same thing i mean, not one or two vadai suttufying)
you guys are in a difficult position : if vijay movie is releasing .. u'll say it's a flop. even before release .... and if ajith's movie is releasing .. it is vice versa ..
as a vikram fan i don't have that problen ;) ... most of the online posts will reflect reality only !

I haven't said that Vijay movie is a flop nor Ajith movie is a hit in any of my posts. So if anyone says 135C in 5 days, you'll take because it favors you? good argument.....hence was my original post about movies which have so called 100C tag.

I'll reserve my judgement on 'I'. it appears to be doing good. Whether will it remain profitable venture remains to be seen

Pras
23rd January 2015, 03:37 AM
I haven't said that Vijay movie is a flop nor Ajith movie is a hit in any of my posts.
you ... maybe ... but have you seen others posts here ? ... (btw, u r the one who spoke about holiday here if i am not wrong ?)

So if anyone says 135C in 5 days, you'll take because it favors you? good argument

don't you ? ... some say mangatha, aarambam, veeram are +100C ... your take one that ??

Avadi to America
23rd January 2015, 03:40 AM
both KSR and Shankar market were subsets of rajini in their respective movies.... predominantly distributors buy the movie with high price because it's rajinikanth.... it's a classic case for forecast vs actual performance....things may go wrong...but both combination fetched gold in their previous outing...

Pras
23rd January 2015, 03:53 AM
don't you ? ... some say mangatha, aarambam, veeram are +100C ... your take one that ??

my question remains unanswered ... freedom, thoonga poiteengalaa ? ... if it favors me, yes i'll believe 135C in 5 days ... until i am proven wrong ...
for you do you believe : mangatha, aarambam, veeram ... 3 movies in 100C list ?? .... honest answer please ...

Freedom
23rd January 2015, 05:14 AM
my question remains unanswered ... freedom, thoonga poiteengalaa ? ... if it favors me, yes i'll believe 135C in 5 days ... until i am proven wrong ...
for you do you believe : mangatha, aarambam, veeram ... 3 movies in 100C list ?? .... honest answer please ...

Do you expect to be online and respond to you instantly? I'm afraid I cannot do that.

I personally don't believe that any of the movies you have about ajith have crossed 100C nor have I seen any legitimate links that would prove the same.

I brought in Holiday to prove that 100C means Zilch. This applies even to Linga for that matter(sorry gotta accept that as Rajni fan).

I just made a point that all this collection overall 100C, 200C business that media speaks will not be of any use to save a sinking ship if it was meant to be. I believe you can roll back few pages here in this thread where someone posted about Aamir Khan's comment about all this 100C thingy. It was quiet interesting read. I'm sure he knows more than what all of us know in cine industry (sorry cannot search now)

You are respected here, so please remove of your tainted glasses that I'm 'Anti-Vijay' and be objective. I'll leave this argument at this point!

selvakumar
23rd January 2015, 06:18 AM
This site will give you the indian movie listings in New ENgland area http://imoviecafe.com/

It is not updated. It says it is running in Cambridge but the theater web site is not listing it from tomorrow.

vithagan
23rd January 2015, 07:01 AM
It is not updated. It says it is running in Cambridge but the theater web site is not listing it from tomorrow.

Just checked now, there is a show for 9:35 PM tomorrow, not sure whether its failing in payment page though
https://www.applecinemas.com/buyticket.aspx?showid=21505&locid=1&movieid=ST00000394&moviename=I%20Tamil&datetime=1/23/2015%20--%2009:35%20PM

selvakumar
23rd January 2015, 07:07 AM
Just checked now, there is a show for 9:35 PM tomorrow, not sure whether its failing in payment page though
https://www.applecinemas.com/buyticket.aspx?showid=21505&locid=1&movieid=ST00000394&moviename=I%20Tamil&datetime=1/23/2015%20--%2009:35%20PM

Thanks for the other site. I think now the main site is listing it as two shows from tomorrow.

Chikatiloan
23rd January 2015, 10:32 AM
Do you expect to be online and respond to you instantly? I'm afraid I cannot do that.

I personally don't believe that any of the movies you have about ajith have crossed 100C nor have I seen any legitimate links that would prove the same.

I brought in Holiday to prove that 100C means Zilch. This applies even to Linga for that matter(sorry gotta accept that as Rajni fan).

I just made a point that all this collection overall 100C, 200C business that media speaks will not be of any use to save a sinking ship if it was meant to be. I believe you can roll back few pages here in this thread where someone posted about Aamir Khan's comment about all this 100C thingy. It was quiet interesting read. I'm sure he knows more than what all of us know in cine industry (sorry cannot search now)

You are respected here, so please remove of your tainted glasses that I'm 'Anti-Vijay' and be objective. I'll leave this argument at this point!

correct..Not only collections are inflated,even the movie budgets are inflated..calling 10A as costliest movie ever made by that time, lingaa budget as 100c and "I" budget as 170C is over exaggeration..Shankar said "I" budget is less than 100c,below AK is saying collection figures are too inflated..but we r ignoring the point made by people from film industry and considering the points made by crap media people who survive only by posting crap news,inflated figures about movies..cinemalead site on 3rd day night IST after lingaa release mentioned movie collected 100c in 3 days all over the world but the fact is some shows are still running on 3rd day all over..after that news twitters are too busy..next day when crap distributor gave that interview all of a sudden there is a calm in the twitter for sometime..what we call this? both success party and 100C club is used to save the sinking ship?

Here is the AK interview http://www.rediff.com/movies/interview/aamir-khan-i-dont-select-films-in-order-to-break-records/20141208.htm

"A lot of actors inflate the box office figures of their films and pass it on in trade circles and as press releases.

It's childish. For some reason, people in the film industry feel that by inflating the figures, they will convince people to watch the film.

You even get to buy editorial space in newspapers, and say how much business a film has made. It's extremely unfortunate.

It’s meaningless because when you go home, you know how much business the film has done. Even the industry knows exactly how much each film has done.

You can try and fool people but how many times will you fool them? Ultimately, you are just fooling yourself."

selvakumar
23rd January 2015, 11:06 AM
So, information by film industry is genuine now. But media is crap :lol: . So, we should believe the marketing guy who even makes the product. :lol: Then who has the ISI seal to stamp box office report?

Chikatiloan
23rd January 2015, 11:13 AM
So, information by film industry is genuine now. But media is crap. Then who has the ISI seal to stamp box office report?

ok..when it comes to BO report no one is genuine but overall people can judge whether movie is hit/flop/average..
Enthiran/Vishwaroopam/Thuppaki/Billa/Singham/VIP were BB universally accepted by all not only fans but by all section of people 90%..

selvakumar
23rd January 2015, 11:21 AM
Lol.. So, we need to switch to people now. I disagree

paranitharan
23rd January 2015, 11:28 AM
ar murugados is a well known box office tracker. shall contact him to clear your doubts about I

A.ANAND
23rd January 2015, 11:36 AM
The AR Rahman-Santhosh Narayanan-I connection

Of all the upcoming musicians, the name Santhosh Narayanan keeps flashing across everyone’s minds without any doubts. For the composer has taken Tamil cinema’s music to a different level. It is a known fact that Santhosh is also one of ARR’s favorite musician, the duo share a decent rapport. But does anyone know that Oscar nayagan utilized Santhosh’s expertise in one of his movies? Any guess on what the movie could have been? Well, it’s the latest blockbuster “I” indeed.

“I” was a movie that had some rich re-recording in place and some of the songs, fight sequences had mind boggling BGMs. For the fight scene during the early part of the movie that involved winning the title of Mr.Tamilnadu ARR is said to have invited Santhosh on board for RR, and the best part is that even his name featured on the title cards. Well that’s some news you won’t learn very often!

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/malayalam/article/123591.html

Pras
23rd January 2015, 12:45 PM

vambukku ilukkum pothu, marupadiyum post panni, uraikka sonna konjam effect athigam aagum-la :lol:

and u r right, let's stop here :thumbsup:

A.ANAND
23rd January 2015, 01:42 PM
Sreedhar Pillai @sri50 · 18h 18 hours ago

#I Congrats to @shankarshanmugh #ChiyaanVikram @arrahman @pcsreeram @iamAmyJackson @Aascars 4 making film a super hit.

Cinemarasigan
23rd January 2015, 03:54 PM
ar murugados is a well known box office tracker. shall contact him to clear your doubts about I

:lol:

balaajee
23rd January 2015, 06:24 PM
Ananda vikatan - 41 MARKS

Adox
23rd January 2015, 06:25 PM
We're talking with very little details in hand .. We dont know the break up of Production costs, Distributor costs etc. I have reason to believe the production cost will be quite high in comparison to other expensive movies. Wonder how much the promos of having Arnold in for a couple of days cost them ..

The link posted couple of days ago was quoting distributor break even of 270C and that the movie was half way there in revenues. At the moment, media is the only source of news for the layman. Anybody doubting that should post their own rather than dissing it.

paranitharan
23rd January 2015, 10:37 PM
vambukku ilukkum pothu, marupadiyum post panni, uraikka sonna konjam effect athigam aagum-la :lol:

boi, there are lot of thideer vikram fans but freedom is the only true vikram fan other than you here

Freedom
24th January 2015, 03:09 AM

Thanks for understanding . Cool. :thumbsup:

Pras
24th January 2015, 12:53 PM
boi, there are lot of thideer vikram fans but freedom is the only true vikram fan other than you here

illa man, the argument was about that 100 crore club, not vikram ... happy to have another member in the vikram fans group :thumbsup:

paranitharan
24th January 2015, 01:14 PM
illa man, the argument was about that 100 crore club, not vikram ... happy to have another member in the vikram fans group :thumbsup:

naanum vikram fan nu thaan uurukkula pesikkiraanga :mrgreen:

Mr.GreyShirt
24th January 2015, 04:09 PM
Are you saying its more or less ? Even if its more it should be ok in my opinion. Factor in the time (3 years money locked in), cg, and all the shoots out of the country and so forth.

There really wasn't much CG in there. It was all mostly practical effects from what I have seen, and out of country shoot shouldn't take that much money. Even Enthiran, which had way more CG than 'I' was said to be lower than 200c.

Adox
24th January 2015, 06:24 PM
They were quoting distributor break even which was 270c .. so the producer cost could have been under 200c. Ok forget CG - there was more extravagance overall with expensive promos, 3yrs of investment locked in and so forth. Again playing with numbers here from the link w/o knowing fully much details. We may not/may know that depending on if the movie gets profitable or not.

NOV
24th January 2015, 06:28 PM
The making of the action scenes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0VjOKtKkZQ

So many people, so much hard work, so much of imagination - and we shrug it off easily... :think:

ajaybaskar
24th January 2015, 06:29 PM
Ai almost sold out for the weekend in Chennai. Good going. Wanted to watch in Dolby Atmos but will have to wait.

A.ANAND
24th January 2015, 08:38 PM
Shankar+arr combo continieu pannanum...thalaivar no sollida poraru.

Chikatiloan
24th January 2015, 11:29 PM
They were quoting distributor break even which was 270c .. so the producer cost could have been under 200c. Ok forget CG - there was more extravagance overall with expensive promos, 3yrs of investment locked in and so forth. Again playing with numbers here from the link w/o knowing fully much details. We may not/may know that depending on if the movie gets profitable or not.

Boss production cost 200C? then you are saying its much high budget than enthiran..for me budget+promos would haven't cost more than 120C..
I watched with my telugu friend and after seeing the picturization he said the movie budget is more..what to say? its all about lens and camera technique which PC is so good at..even in alaipayuthey which released 15 years back the picturization is so clean..
also overseas picturization doest cost more these days and whole china portions he took at same place...not even 20% of CG work like in enthiran..only for WETA he would have spend some money for deformed looks for 5 villains + vikram..

Adox
25th January 2015, 12:18 AM
Boss production cost 200C? then you are saying its much high budget than enthiran..for me budget+promos would haven't cost more than 120C..
I watched with my telugu friend and after seeing the picturization he said the movie budget is more..what to say? its all about lens and camera technique which PC is so good at..even in alaipayuthey which released 15 years back the picturization is so clean..
also overseas picturization doest cost more these days and whole china portions he took at same place...not even 20% of CG work like in enthiran..only for WETA he would have spend some money for deformed looks for 5 villains + vikram..

Again we're trying to reason something w/o knowing all the details. We have to start from here: The distributor break even is 270C (=producer cost with the profit margin paid + distributor cost/expenses). I cant/dont claim to know more than the ibtimes information putout.

"In September of 2014, producer and distributor Aascar V Ravichandran, stated the project would cost about INR2.2 billion (US$35 million),[25] however, by October of 2014, he was widely quoted as stating the budget would be less than INR1 billion (US$16 million)"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_%28film%29

thats only about 100c

What's the budget of Shankar's I?

Shankar makes his films with huge budgets and most of his movies have been considered as the highest budget flicks of its time. Be it his Mudhalvan or Endhiran, the money-spent on the productions had made other film industries to turn around and look at Tamil film industry in surprise. His latest film I is also falling into the same category as it is set to become a biggest-ever film made in India. If reports are to be believed, I is more expensive than Shankar's earlier film Endhiran, a sci-fi flick starring Rajinikanth and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan. In an interview to a Delhi-based daily, Vikram has said that the movie is made with the budget of Rs 145 cr, which is the highest ever budget movie in Indian film industry. However, doubts are being raised by a section of traders on the budget, as I is neither a sci-fi nor a graphical extravaganza. Adding to that the lead stars of I are less popular than of Endhiran, which featured Rajini and Aish. The expensive part of the movie is the rich visuals captured on camera in some of the popular destinations in the world. An industry insider claims that the producer would find it very difficult to recover the investment if the said budget is true. Nonetheless, some of the well-known technicians from Hollywood are working in the project. Vikram (tamil Actor) Shankar (Tamil Director) Shankar (Tamil Director)

http://www.filmibeat.com/tamil/news/2013/shankar-i-budget-103665.html

Adox
25th January 2015, 12:23 AM
"The budget of the film is Rs 180 crores, the first film in Indian cinema with such a high budget. The producer is planning to release the film this Diwali. “The film is going to be released in China in nearly 15,000 theatres,” the producer says

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/140826/entertainment-kollywood/article/arnold-schwarzenegger-launch-telugu-movie-ai

ajaybaskar
25th January 2015, 12:33 AM
The budget is less than 100 crores

http://m.thehindu.com/features/cinema/an-exclusive-interview-with-director-shankar/article6491753.ece/

Chikatiloan
25th January 2015, 12:35 AM
"The budget of the film is Rs 180 crores, the first film in Indian cinema with such a high budget. The producer is planning to release the film this Diwali. “The film is going to be released in China in nearly 15,000 theatres,” the producer says

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/140826/entertainment-kollywood/article/arnold-schwarzenegger-launch-telugu-movie-ai

I don't believe this news..for me the news about budget is just like collection figures reported..all over exaggerated..again its my perspective only..
If you note they have mentioned it will be released in 15000 theaters but the fact is it released only in around 4000 theaters..chinala release panraanga,japanla release panraanganu kadhai kadhaiya reel vitaanga but the fact is aascar cant release in more theaters in his forte North arcot,south arcot..

Adox
25th January 2015, 12:39 AM
My posts were to highlight a range from 200c to 100c !! Only oscar knows the truth .. even he is reported to have made 2 statements - one with a 100cr. and another a month ago for about 200cr. So we're in the dark about the actuals ..

Adox
25th January 2015, 01:05 AM
The budget is less than 100 crores

http://m.thehindu.com/features/cinema/an-exclusive-interview-with-director-shankar/article6491753.ece/

Ajay,

Shankar quotes about 100c - he may have lowered it to not get an 'expensive' director tag.
Oscar quotes 200c and then changes it later to 100c.
Vikram quotes 145c in a delhi interview.
Media quotes 180c.

Real numbers are elusive.

ajaybaskar
25th January 2015, 02:06 AM
The making wouldn't have incurred much cost. Not much of CG except Mersalayitten song, a China trip, fights with overseas fighters, make up that's all. So I guess what Shankar says about the budget of the film is more or less true.

But Aascar bringing in Arnold by paying a hefty amount (15 C was the rumor), other promotions like the lead actors visiting all southern states, Dubai, etc could've increased the cost.

If Aascar is getting ready with the release of VR2 soon, then we can assume that Ai has done well. If not, then otherwise.

thamiz
25th January 2015, 02:18 AM
The problem is .. especially in Shankar movies.. the time it is taking to recover the investment.

100 Crore investment and 40-50 crore high interest!

So, it adds up to 150 Crores or so! :lol:

thamiz
25th January 2015, 02:24 AM
As far as Ai is concerned, it would be a hit. But, it is not going to collect as much a enthiran collected.

Hindi 10 crores less

Tamil!! Enthiran DID NOT have entertainment tax but I has. So, it will collect 30 crores less even if it collects as much as enthiran did

overseas.. Enthiran certainly did 30-40% more business than I

It is possible it collected more in Kerala but it wont be much. may be 3-4 crores more?

Telugu. Let us be generous and assume that it collects as much as enthiran.

Overall. I can only be a super hit if enthiran is a blockbuster!

I hope everybody will agree with me on this! :smile2:

paranitharan
25th January 2015, 02:43 AM
As far as Ai is concerned, it would be a hit. But, it is not going to collect as much a enthiran collected.

Hindi 10 crores less

Tamil!! Enthiran DID NOT have entertainment tax but I has. So, it will collect 30 crores less even if it collects as much as enthiran did

overseas.. Enthiran certainly did 30-40% more business than I

It is possible it collected more in Kerala but it wont be much. may be 3-4 crores more?

Telugu. Let us be generous and assume that it collects as much as enthiran.

Overall. I can only be a super hit if enthiran is a blockbuster!

I hope everybody will agree with me on this! :smile2:

Enthiran will always be the benchmark till Thalaivar sets a new one.

Adox
25th January 2015, 03:37 AM
100 Crore investment and 40-50 crore high interest!
:

Starting with 100c, adding the extravagant promos and the interest part would have pushed it up to 150c or higher. Something most are not taking into account is the interest part. It sure does add up. The movie was in shoot mode for 3.5 years ..

Dilbert
25th January 2015, 09:36 AM
Enthiran will always be the benchmark till Thalaivar sets a new one.

which thalivar are your referring to ? we have few who can create 330 to 550 in matter of days and more importantly they don't need to act either (even some do lack that skill) so be specific.

A.ANAND
25th January 2015, 11:06 AM
watched 2nd time yesterday mitnit show in colusium...wow..80% full than..aambala than parithabama poi kittu irukku..thookithanga pola..

balaajee
25th January 2015, 11:18 AM
watched 2nd time yesterday mitnit show in colusium...wow..80% full than..aambala than parithabama poi kittu irukku..thookithanga pola..

It would have fetched more than what it expected...........

balaajee
25th January 2015, 11:24 AM
I - Making of Songs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NfxOSAlXHY

paranitharan
25th January 2015, 11:29 AM
which thalivar are your referring to ? we have few who can create 330 to 550 in matter of days and more importantly they don't need to act either (even some do lack that skill) so be specific.

haha lol. i was talking about real superstar ;)

A.ANAND
25th January 2015, 11:46 AM
I - Making of Songs

உண்மைக் காதல் யாரென்றால் உன்னை என்னை சொல்வேனே
நீயும் நானும் பொய்யென்றால் காதலை தேடி கொல்வேனே

kabilan sir,unggal lyric kahave oru alluyara malai podanum..big salute to u sir..

Poornima
25th January 2015, 11:51 AM

looks like Enthiran is being toppled in kerala, finally.
Enthiran has been the biggest so far, dist. share of about 6 crore. but on final count, I is likely to beat it by over a crore, at least.
there's a marked drop and four new mal releases on friday. still a phenomenal success.

A.ANAND
25th January 2015, 11:54 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0VjOKtKkZQ

senthukki irukara'yya manusan..!!!

A.ANAND
25th January 2015, 12:01 PM
I - Making of Songs

p.c sriram 3.06:'antha ailla aila song paakum bothu, namakulle oru abari vithamana enegy varum' ROTFL...

Adox
25th January 2015, 07:19 PM
'I' falls way short of Robot

The Hindi version of 'I' has sort of plateaued out at the Indian box-office after its opening last week. The first week domestic net is in the 9.5 to 9.6 crores range. Trade experts predict that the film's lifetime net in Hindi would end up in the 11 to 12 crores range, which is much lesser than Shankar's earlier Robot (Hindi), which netted around 20 crores in India.

Meanwhile, 'I' continues its success story in Tamil for the second week running, and is expected to rule for some more days easily.

http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-cinema-news-15/i-falls-way-short-of-robot.html

PARAMASHIVAN
26th January 2015, 05:31 PM
Wow Params... may your dream come true...

Seriously? ?? That was a sarcastic post to the mundane. For some one who has been brought up in Viking Land, grew up with Anglo Saxon girls .This is nothing!

balaajee
26th January 2015, 09:51 PM
Vijay in Vikram's I movie success party
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frwDqttKsCo

paranitharan
26th January 2015, 10:56 PM
bubbly

balaajee
27th January 2015, 12:46 AM
ANTONY ON CG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6imEVaPUQw

balaajee
27th January 2015, 12:46 AM
Director Shankar on 'I' movie - Tv9 exclusive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PWorIyIecs

venkkiram
27th January 2015, 12:52 AM
Vijay in Vikram's I movie success party
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frwDqttKsCo

காணொளியை பகிராமல் பார்ட்டிக்கு விஜய் சென்றார் என்ற செய்தி மட்டுமே பகிர்ந்திருக்கலாம். இப்போதுள்ள காலக்கட்டத்தில் இணைய சினிமா ஊடகங்கள் நமது மையத்தில் வரும் செய்திகளை வைத்தே பிழைப்பை ஓட்ட முடியும். அந்த அளவிற்கு தினமும் செய்திகள் பரிமாறிக்கொள்ளப்படுகின்றன.

Chikatiloan
27th January 2015, 06:41 AM
I collected 6.8C in Chennai alone so far..Lingaa lifetime collection 6.6C but I is high budget movie.. until feb 5 it will go strong and end up with 10C which is huge in Chennai alone..
http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies/i/i-box-office-jan-24.html

thamiz
27th January 2015, 08:35 AM
I collected 6.8C in Chennai alone so far..Lingaa lifetime collection 6.6C but I is high budget movie.. until feb 5 it will go strong and end up with 10C which is huge in Chennai alone..
http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies/i/i-box-office-jan-24.html

Why are you not subtracting Entertainment TX (25%) paid by I. That was not paid for Lingaa. BW Claiming I as BB now itself is mere nonsense! I think they get a paid by Asscar for promoting I :)

Chikatiloan
27th January 2015, 08:52 AM
Why are you not subtracting Entertainment TX (25%) paid by I. That was not paid for Lingaa. BW Claiming I as BB now itself is mere nonsense! I think they get a paid by Asscar for promoting I :)
shabba-i don't know why u r becoming so serious when it comes to RK..i know u r RK fan but too serious compare to others.. I talked about I collections only and neither called it a BB nor profitable venture to producers..Morover FYI I is tax free after re-censor..
according to ur terms if I compare one RK movies with other movies (if I compare with non-RK movies then I will be treated badly) then Chandramuki is huge profitable venture to producer/distributor/theater owners and according to media it collected 60C...sivaji/enthiran would have collected more but not like CM

ajaybaskar
27th January 2015, 09:36 AM
Ai is not exempted from tax, USV. They went to the revising committee but they still got an UA

A.ANAND
27th January 2015, 10:13 AM
Director Shankar on 'I' movie - Tv9 exclusive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PWorIyIecs

telugu polanthu kantrare shankar garu..

A.ANAND
27th January 2015, 10:56 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9nba3uIn5E

balaajee
27th January 2015, 11:09 AM
ஸ்டீல்மேன் 2015... ஆணழகன் போட்டியில் அசத்திய பாடி பில்டர்கள்.. பரிசளித்தார் "ஐ" விக்ரம்!

சென்னை: சென்னையில் ஸ்டீல்மேன் 2015 என்ற ஆணழகன் போட்டி நடந்தது. இதில் ஐ படத்தில் பாடி பில்டராக நடித்து அனைவரையும் அசத்திய நடிகர் விக்ரம் கலந்து கொண்டு வெற்றி பெற்றவர்களுக்குப் பரிசுகளை வழங்கினார்.குடியரசு தினத்தையொட்டி சென்னை மாவட்ட அமெச்சூர் ஆணழகன்கள் சங்கம் சார்பில் நேற்று மாநில அளவிலான ஆணழகன் போட்டி நடந்தது. இதில் ஏராளமான ஆணழகன்கள் கலந்து கொண்டு தங்களது உடல் கட்டமைப்பை வெளிப்படுத்தி அசத்தினர்.இந்தப் போட்டியில் சென்னை ரயில் பெட்டி இணைப்புத் தொழிற்சாலையில் பணியாற்றும் ஜெயப்பிரகாஷ் வெற்றி பெற்று ஸ்டீல்மேன் 2015 பட்டத்தைத் தட்டிச் சென்றார். அவருக்கு நடிகர் விக்ரம் பரிசினை வழங்கினார். ஐ படத்தில் இதேபோல பாடி பில்டராக வந்து கலக்கியிருந்தார் விக்ரம் என்பது நினைவிருக்கலாம்.இந்த நிகழ்ச்சியில் காமன்வெல்த் போட்டியில் பளு தூக்குதலில் தங்கப் பதக்கம் வென்ற தமிழக வீரர் சதீஷ் குமார், தமிழ்நாடு ஒலிம்பிக் சங்கத் துணைத் தலைவர் ஐசரி கணேஷ், உள்ளிட்ட பலரும் கலந்து கொண்டனர்.

balaajee
27th January 2015, 12:24 PM
தமிழ் சினிமாவுக்கு ஷங்கர்கள் தேவை: ஒரு மேலோட்ட பார்வை - tamil hindu

ஒரு படம் எடுக்கும் செலவில் அற்புதமான 10 படைப்புகள் தரலாம்." "பிரம்மாண்டம் என்ற பெயரில் காதில் பூ சுற்றும் வேலை."
"நல்ல நடிகர், நடிகைகள், தொழில்நுட்பக் கலைஞர்களின் உழைப்பும் அர்ப்பணிப்பும் வீணடிக்கப்படுகிறது."
"தமிழ் சினிமாவில் தரமான படைப்புகளுக்கு உரிய அங்கீகாரம் கிடைப்பதில்லை. முழுக்க முழுக்க வணிக நோக்கம் கொண்ட சினிமாவுக்குத்தான் மதிப்பு."

இவை மட்டுமின்றி... இன்னும் பல ஸ்டேட்மென்ட்கள் அடுக்கப்படுவதைப் பார்க்கிறேன். இவை எல்லாம் இயக்குநர் ஷங்கர் மீதான தீவிர சினிமா ஆர்வலர்கள் பலரது பார்வை. இயக்குநர் ஷங்கரை முன்வைத்துச் சொல்லப்படும் இத்தகைய மிக முக்கியக் கருத்துகள் அனைத்துமே கவனத்துக்குரியதுதான். ஆனால், தமிழ் சினிமாவுக்கு ஷங்கர் போன்ற இயக்குநர்களின் 'தேவை' குறித்து இவர்கள் மேலோட்டமாகவாவது யோசித்துப் பார்த்திருக்கிறார்களா என்பது தெரியவில்லை.

இன்றைக்கு உலக அளவில் தனக்கான இடத்தில் காலூன்றி உறுதியுடன் இருக்கிறது ஹாலிவுட் - அமெரிக்க ஆங்கிலப் படங்கள். இந்திய அளவில் எடுத்துக்கொண்டால் ஆதிக்கம் செலுத்துவது, பாலிவுட் - இந்தி சினிமா.
ஹாலிவுட்டில் ஷங்கர் போன்ற இயக்குநர்களின் திறமையால்தான் உலக அளவிலான சந்தையை அவர்களால் வசப்படுத்த முடிந்தது. இந்தி சினிமாவும் அப்படித்தான். அவர்களது சினிமா மூலை முடுக்குகளில் சென்றதன் பயனை அவர்கள் மட்டுமா அனுபவிக்கிறார்கள்? வர்த்தக நோக்கம் கொண்டதாக விமர்சிக்கப்பட்டவர்களால் போடப்பட்ட பாதையில் இப்போது பயனடைந்து கொண்டிருப்பவர்கள், சமரசங்களைக் குறைத்துக்கொண்டு பியூர் சினிமா கொடுக்க முயற்சிக்கும் படைப்பாளிகளும்தான்.

எப்படி?
'டெர்மினேட்டர்', 'ராம்போ', 'ஜுராசிக் பார்க்', 'ஸ்பீட்', 'மேட்ரிக்ஸ்', 'மம்மி', 'மிஷன் இம்பாசிபிள்', 'டைட்டானிக்' முதலான படங்கள் பார்த்து ஹாலிவுட் படங்கள் மீது மோகம் கொண்டவர்களில் பலர்தான் பின்னாளில் 'ஏ பியூட்டிஃபுல் மைண்ட்', 'தி பியனிஸ்ட்', 'தி ஏவியேட்டர்', 'பாபெல்', 'கேப்டன் பிலிப்ஸ்', 'ஹெர்' முதலான ஹாலிவுட்டிங் பியூர் சினிமாவைக் கொண்டாடத் தொடங்கினர். இந்த பியூர் சினிமா மீதான ஆர்வம்தான் அவர்களை அடுத்த கட்டமாக, ஈரான், கொரியா முதல் எத்தியோப்பியா வரையிலான உலக சினிமாவுக்குக் கொண்டு செல்கிறது.

இதேபோல், வர்த்தக அம்சங்கள் நிறைந்ததாக சொல்லப்பட்ட பாலிவுட் படங்களின் அறிமுகம்தான், தமிழகத்தில் இன்று திரையரங்கில் அமர்ந்து 'எ வெட்ணஸ்டே', 'தி லஞ்ச் பாக்ஸ்', 'குயின்', 'அக்லி' முதலான நல்ல முயற்சிகளைக் கொண்டாட வைத்துக் கொண்டிருக்கிறது.

ஹாலிவுட்டும் பாலிவுட்டும் தமிழகத்தில் காலூன்றுவதற்குக் காரணமாக இருந்தவை, அங்கிருந்து வந்த வியத்தகு பொழுதுபோக்கு அம்சங்கள். அவற்றின் மூலம் இப்போது அவ்விரு ஏரியாவில் இருந்தும் வருகின்ற உன்னதப் படைப்புகளுக்கும் உரிய அங்கீகாரம் இங்கே கிடைக்கிறது என்பதை மறுக்க முடியாது.

ஒரு குறிப்பிட்ட மொழி சினிமா தன் எல்லையைக் கடந்து, அந்த மொழி பேசாத மக்களையும் சென்று சேர்வதற்கு அடித்தளமாக இருப்பது பொழுதுபோக்கு என்ற அம்சம்தான். காட்சி அமைப்புகளால் ஏதோ சில பல வகையில் பிரம்மிப்பைத் தரும் பொழுதுபோக்குப் படங்கள்தான் ஒரு சாதாரண பார்வையாளனைக் கட்டிப்போடுகின்றன. அப்படி பொழுதுபோக்குக்காக வேற்று மொழி சினிமாவை கவனிக்கத் தொடங்கும் பார்வையாளன், அந்த மொழியில் கிடைக்கும் பொழுதுபோக்கு அம்சங்களுடன் கூடிய உன்னதப் படைப்பையும் ரசிப்பதற்கான வாய்ப்பைப் பெறுவான்.

இந்தியாவை எடுத்துக்கொண்டால், எல்லா ரீதியிலும் முதன்மையாகத் திகழ்வது பாலிவுட்தான். அதற்கு அடுத்த இடத்தைப் பிடிப்பதில், தெலுங்குக்கு கடும் சவாலாக தமிழ் சினிமா திகழ்கிறது என்றால், அதற்கு ஷங்கர், முருகதாஸ் போன்ற இயக்குநர்களின் பங்கு குறிப்பிடத்தக்கது.

சாதாரண ரசிகர்கள் 2 முதல் 3 மணி நேரம் வரை ஒதுக்கி, மொழி தெரியாத சினிமாவை ரசிப்பதற்கு முதல் தேவை 'பியூர் என்டர்டெய்னர்' என்ற அடையாளம்தான்.
ஷங்கர் போன்றவர்களின் படங்களை முதல் நாளில் பார்த்துவிட்டு கழுவியூற்றும் தீவிர சினிமா ஆர்வலர்களில் சிலர், குறைந்த பொருட்செலவில் ஆகச் சிறந்த படைப்புகளைத் தந்து வரும் சமகால மலையாள சினிமாவுடன் ஒப்பீடு செய்கிறார்கள். அவர்களது ஆதங்கம் சரிதான்.

ஆனால், சாமானிய ரசிகர்களிடம் இந்திய அளவில் தமிழ் சினிமா ஈர்த்துள்ள கவனத்துக்கு இணையாக மலையாள சினிமா பெற்றுள்ளதா என்றால் 'இல்லை' என்பது தெளிவு. காரணம், மலையாளத்தில் ஷங்கர்களும் முருகதாஸ்களும் இல்லை.

ஷங்கர்கள் மீது கூறப்படும் குறைகள் எப்போது தெரியுமா பொருத்தமானதாக இருக்கும்?
தமிழில் பியூர் சினிமா முயற்சிகளே இல்லாத சூழலில், முழுக்க முழுக்க வணிக மசாலாக்களே வலம்வரும் பட்சத்தில், ஷங்கர்கள் தங்கள் பிரம்மாண்டங்களின் பின்னாலேயே சென்றுகொண்டிருந்தால் அவர்களைக் குறை சொல்வது சரியே. ஆனால், தமிழ் சினிமாவின் தற்போதைய நிலை அப்படி இல்லையே.

பாலா, பாலாஜி சக்திவேல், மிஷ்கின், வெற்றி மாறன், ரஞ்சித், ராம், தியாகராஜன் குமரராஜா, வசந்தபாலன், சீனு ராமசாமி, கார்த்திக் சுப்புராஜ் என பியூர் சினிமா ரசிகர்களை உருவாக்கும் முயற்சியில் ஈடுபட்டும் வரும் படைப்பாளிகளின் பட்டியல் நீள்கிறது. இவர்களைப் போன்றவர்களின் முயற்சியின் பலனாக நல்ல படைப்புகளுக்கு வணிக ரீதியிலான வெற்றிகளும் தொடர்ச்சியாகக் கிடைக்கும்பட்சத்தில், தமிழில் உன்னத படைப்புகளின் எண்ணிக்கை வெகுவாகக் கூடுவது நிச்சயம்.

அதேவேளையில், தமிழ் சினிமாவுக்கான சந்தையை இன்னும் விரிவாக்கும் மிகப் பெரிய பொறுப்புகளைச் சுமக்கக் கூடிய ஃபிலிம் மேக்கர்களும் படங்களும் அவசியமாகிறது. அதற்காகத்தான், தமிழ் சினிமாவுக்கு ஷங்கர்கள் தேவை.
ஐயய்யோ... ஒரு விஷயத்தைச் சொல்ல மறந்துவிட்டேன். நான் இங்கே அடிக்கோடிட்டு காட்டியிருப்பது, 'ஜென்டில்மேன்', 'இந்தியன்', 'முதல்வன்', 'எந்திரன்' ஆகிய படங்களை இயக்கிய ஷங்கரை!

PARAMASHIVAN
27th January 2015, 04:04 PM
"I" has Limited shows by Cine world, here, IIRC Endhiran ran for almost 8 weeks and Shivaji for almost 5 weeks. But "I" shows are already reducing ..

balaajee
29th January 2015, 02:37 PM
100 கோடி க்ளப்பில் முதன்முறையாக விக்ரம்!

ஷங்கர் இயக்கத்தில் விக்ரம், எமி ஜாக்சன் ,சந்தானம், பவர் ஸ்டார் சீனிவாசன் நடிப்பில் வெளியான படம் ‘ஐ’. பொங்கல் சிறப்பாக வெளியான இப்படத்திற்கு இசை ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான். படத்தின் பிரம்மாண்டம், மற்றும், கதை, மேக்கிங் என ஒரு பக்கம் பாராட்டுகளும் மறுபக்கம் சில விமர்சனங்களும் எழந்துள்ளன. கலவையான விமர்சனமே இருப்பினும் படம் 100 கோடிக்கு மேல் வசூலித்துள்ளது.
படத்தின் சக்ஸஸ் மீட் சமீபத்தில் நடந்துள்ளது. இந்த பார்ட்டியில் விஜய்யும் கலந்து கொண்டுள்ளார். இந்த படத்தின் மூலம் முதன்முறையாக விக்ரம் இந்தியாவின் 100 கோடி க்ளப்பில் இணைந்துள்ளார். இதனால் மிகவும் மகிழ்ச்சியில் இருக்கிறார்.
http://cinema.vikatan.com/uploaded/vijayi.jpg
இதற்கான சக்ஸஸ் பார்ட்டி சமீபத்தில் சென்னையில் உள்ள நட்சத்திர ஹோட்டலில் நடைபெற்றது. இதில் விஜய், விக்ரம், ஷங்கர், உள்ளிட்டோர் கலந்து கொண்டனர்.

balaajee
29th January 2015, 05:25 PM
vikatan

Adox
1st February 2015, 07:00 PM
'I' is comparable to Shankar's Sivaji

Shankar - Vikram's 'I' is nearing the 20 days mark and the film has had a glorious run, particularly in its Tamil version, all over the world. The Telugu version has also grossed well (but the selling rates to distributors were high), while the Hindi version couldn't make much of an impact.

In the UK, 'I' would wrap up its run with a lifetime gross of around 375,000 pounds, including its Hindi dubbed version. This would make it the all-time number 3 among Tamil films, after Enthiran and Sivaji.

In the US, 'I' released very big in all its 3 versions, and the combined gross so far is around 1.3 million USD which makes it comparable to Sivaji's gross in the US. The Tamil version alone has contributed a gross of around 790,871 USD.

http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-cinema-news-15/i-is-comparable-to-shankars-sivaji.html

'I' expenses should be more than Shivaji though. Must be in US top 5 looks like.

Anban
2nd February 2015, 08:16 AM
Still 8 shows in ags navalur .. Massive block buster

thamiz
2nd February 2015, 09:14 PM
Finally ABO guy declared that I (Telugu) is a FLOP!

***3. I (Telugu) ( Week 3 )

A Loss Venture for all Buyers with Big Drops after 1st Weekend.

Verdict : Flop***

balaajee
3rd February 2015, 02:07 PM
'I' Box office Collection: Vikram's Flick Continues to Do Good Business in Chennai

Vikram starrer "I" continues to do good business at Chennai Box Office. By the end of its second week, the movie has managed to earn close to ₹9 crore, reports Behindwoods (http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies/i/i-box-office-feb-01.html).

http://test.ibtimes.co.in/new_layout/CloseButton.png (http://javascript<strong></strong>:void();)http://data1.ibtimes.co.in/en/full/556936/vikram-amy-jackson-i.jpg

The Tamil movie was released on 14 January for Pongal. In its first weekend, "I" had earned ₹3.83 crore. Traders kept a close watch to see if the film could retain the same momentum even after getting mixed reviews.
Interestingly, "I" survived the mixed reviews to rake in another ₹3 crore in the following days to take its tally to ₹6.88 crore from 12 days. Now, in the third week, it had added close to ₹2 crore and earned about ₹8.82 crore.
As per the traders, the collection of "I" has been steady and the business has not dropped like usual movies. The occupancy has been impressive above 45%, on an average, for the Tamil movie in week days and about 60% in the weekends. The Tamil flick had above 600 shows in total in the past week.

Meanwhile, the total gross of "I" worldwide from three versions (Tamil, Telugu and Hindi) has crossed ₹190-crore mark. It is expected to cross the ₹200-crore mark soon. The response for the movie in some foreign countries including Malaysia has been good.

Nonetheless, it is interesting to see whether the business of "I" slows down due to "Yennai Arindhaal", which is releasing this week.On the other end, "Isai", which was released last weekend, has opened to above average response at Chennai box office. In the first weekend, the film has raked in ₹26.03 lakh from 96 shows. Whereas "Darling", by the end of second weekend, has made ₹1.11 crore.

However, Vishal's "Aambala" has collected ₹1.47 crore in total till date. In the last week, it earned about ₹25 lakh from 199 shows.

mexicomeat
3rd February 2015, 04:36 PM
<rant>

I am not sure why people are so focussed on how much crores a movie makes and whether it is a hit or flop.

For the record, I like Shankar's movies and I have enjoyed watching all his movies.

"I" was an inferior product compared to other Shankar movies and I found myself bored several times during the movie. I enjoyed Linga and even with the crappy climax, in my opinion, I think Linga is a far superior product than "I". And for that matter, I felt Pisasu was a more complete movie than Linga and I thoroughly enjoyed Pisasu.

Based on what I am reading here, the reality is Linga and Pisasu would be flops and "I" will be a hit. Should I care about this? Absolutely not. Neither the director or producer is going to share the profit or loss with me. I am only interested in the product, not how much it sells for.

I guess, when people like a movie, somewhere in their inner conscience, they feel the need to convince others that it is a good movie (and that they have good taste). Maybe that is why people look for a validation that the movie is a hit (People think along the lines of "If it is a hit movie, it has to be a good movie").

</rant>

Disclaimer: It is a general comment and not related to any post in particular.

sakthii
3rd February 2015, 05:38 PM
<rant>

I am not sure why people are so focussed on how much crores a movie makes and whether it is a hit or flop.

For the record, I like Shankar's movies and I have enjoyed watching all his movies.

"I" was an inferior product compared to other Shankar movies and I found myself bored several times during the movie. I enjoyed Linga and even with the crappy climax, in my opinion, I think Linga is a far superior product than "I". And for that matter, I felt Pisasu was a more complete movie than Linga and I thoroughly enjoyed Pisasu.

Based on what I am reading here, the reality is Linga and Pisasu would be flops and "I" will be a hit. Should I care about this? Absolutely not. Neither the director or producer is going to share the profit or loss with me. I am only interested in the product, not how much it sells for.

I guess, when people like a movie, somewhere in their inner conscience, they feel the need to convince others that it is a good movie (and that they have good taste). Maybe that is why people look for a validation that the movie is a hit (People think along the lines of "If it is a hit movie, it has to be a good movie").

</rant>

Disclaimer: It is a general comment and not related to any post in particular.

I second your comments.

selvakumar
3rd February 2015, 07:29 PM
Balajee seems to be a shankar fan who readily counters any negative Bo report on I with positive ones.

Pras - you got a new buddy finally :)

interz
3rd February 2015, 08:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI_ug1H6u0k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhhiY11Z9-U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1rYKmNS8uQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKDWXC4o5nA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcRi8HlwMFs
credit:sonymusicsouthvevo

Mahen
4th February 2015, 05:47 AM
Finally managed to watch the complete version of ayla.. A harmless video.. Our censors are hopeless😡

Freedom
4th February 2015, 05:53 AM
why are the all the videos blocked in US? This is sh!tty :|

radiochandra1977
4th February 2015, 08:45 AM
Finally ABO guy declared that I (Telugu) is a FLOP!

***3. I (Telugu) ( Week 3 )

A Loss Venture for all Buyers with Big Drops after 1st Weekend.

Verdict : Flop***
Itha naan eppovo.sonnen. arivu methaavinga sila peru pesinaanga.

Pras
4th February 2015, 01:01 PM
Itha naan eppovo.sonnen. arivu methaavinga sila peru pesinaanga.

antha arivu methaavayi direct-a pear solli, solli irukkalaam !

ABO declared I flop on first day of its release --- he talked about disaster, on that very first day, at a time when it was doing better business than that straight telugu movie ... don't know why thamiz is making a point on quoting that ABO everywhere, already told ...

And you, ellam therinja saare ... you badly wanted I to flop in Andhra, and etho engayo oru moolayila irunthu news vanthathum, naan pesuren ??
unga paruppu innum seriya vegala ... better luck next time !

radiochandra1977
4th February 2015, 08:37 PM
I dont care.

thamiz
4th February 2015, 08:40 PM
antha arivu methaavayi direct-a pear solli, solli irukkalaam !

ABO declared I flop on first day of its release --- he talked about disaster, on that very first day, at a time when it was doing better business than that straight telugu movie ... don't know why thamiz is making a point on quoting that ABO everywhere, already told ...

And you, ellam therinja saare ... you badly wanted I to flop in Andhra, and etho engayo oru moolayila irunthu news vanthathum, naan pesuren ??
unga paruppu innum seriya vegala ... better luck next time !

I also gave an explanation why I have to quote ABO!

When I say, ABO says so and so, it is upto the individual to believe.

If we believe the numbers he gives for I as 30 crores as distributors share and not believing when he calls as a flop wont make any sense.

Dont believe the former either.

thamiz
4th February 2015, 08:41 PM
The problem comes when people accept lingaa as a disaster quoted by ABO and not believing I as a FLOP according the same source!

radiochandra1977
4th February 2015, 08:51 PM
I bloody live in Hyderabad. And I is a bloody flop here. I am neither happy about that nor am I sad. I dont care less. I dont even remember who yold it was a superhit in Andhra. Pras ... or whoever .... i seriously dont remember .... thats why I didnt name. Illa .... hittu thaan appadinna .... vechukko ..... as i said ..... i dont care.

Pras
4th February 2015, 09:02 PM
The problem comes when people accept lingaa as a disaster quoted by ABO and not believing I as a FLOP according the same source!

who said i am believing what that guy says (either he declares I flop or hit) ? and for lingaa, i didn't know he stated it was a disaster ? ... actually, i think he has a problem with "dubbed" movies ... or he is a fan of a particular hero, be it a telugu hero or tamil hero, and he is just trying to degrade all others movies ...

i am not interested in that ABO ... neega quote-unga ...

Pras
4th February 2015, 09:05 PM
I bloody live in Hyderabad. And I is a bloody flop here. I am neither happy about that nor am I sad. I dont care less. I dont even remember who yold it was a superhit in Andhra. Pras ... or whoever .... i seriously dont remember .... thats why I didnt name. Illa .... hittu thaan appadinna .... vechukko ..... as i said ..... i dont care.

then why do you come here and call someone you don't care about "arivu methaavi", etc for a movie you don't care about ??

just to prove that you bloody live in Hyderabad and that you know all the truth ?? who cares boy ??

thamiz
4th February 2015, 09:37 PM
OK, Pras, let us leave ABO. Sridhar pillai was promoting I as if he was reporting BO picture. It was obvious he was working for Aascar from the way he was promoting the I. He was not neutral either.

Adox
4th February 2015, 10:06 PM
Pras, RC - Vidunga sirs .. Not worth either of your times.

If 'I' has not done well in Andhra, it has done great in rest of India and outside India as well. A lot of tamil movies is a hit/miss in Andhra due to difference in audience's tastes.

Will be interested to know how much of a profitable venture it turned out to be .. If we care notice, Linga is in top 10 and has made about 150C as per reports on Lifetime gross. Yet a failure due to nature of the business ..

balaajee
5th February 2015, 12:33 PM
கேரளாவில் அதிகம் வசூலித்த தமிழ்ப் படம் எது தெரியுமா?- Webulagam

கேரளாவில் ஐ (http://tamil.webdunia.com/search?cx=015955889424990834868:i52wen7tp3i&cof=FORID:9&ie=UTF-8&sa=search&siteurl=http://tamil.webdunia.com&q=%E0%AE%90)மற்ற எந்த தமிழ்ப் படத்தையும்விட அதிக வசூலுடன் இன்னும் ஓடிக் கொண்டிருக்கிறது.

ஐ -இன் கேரள விநியோக உரிமையை குளோபல் யுனைடெட் மீடியா கம்பெனி வாங்கியிருந்தது. 200 -க்கும் அதிகமான திரையரங்குகளில் ஐ படத்தை இந்த நிறுவனம் திரையிட்டது.

முதல் ஐந்து தினங்களில் 10 கோடிகளை கேரளாவில் சம்பாதித்தது ஷங்கரின் படம். இதுநாள்வரை ஐ -இன் கேரளா வசூல் ஏறக்குறைய 17 கோடிகள். இது எந்திரன் உள்ளிட்ட மற்ற தமிழ் திரைப்படங்களின் வசூலைவிட அதிகம் என்பது குறிப்பிடத்தக்கது.

Cinemarasigan
5th February 2015, 01:55 PM
கேரளாவில் அதிகம் வசூலித்த தமிழ்ப் படம் எது தெரியுமா?- Webulagam

கேரளாவில் ஐ (http://tamil.webdunia.com/search?cx=015955889424990834868:i52wen7tp3i&cof=FORID:9&ie=UTF-8&sa=search&siteurl=http://tamil.webdunia.com&q=%E0%AE%90)மற்ற எந்த தமிழ்ப் படத்தையும்விட அதிக வசூலுடன் இன்னும் ஓடிக் கொண்டிருக்கிறது.

ஐ -இன் கேரள விநியோக உரிமையை குளோபல் யுனைடெட் மீடியா கம்பெனி வாங்கியிருந்தது. 200 -க்கும் அதிகமான திரையரங்குகளில் ஐ படத்தை இந்த நிறுவனம் திரையிட்டது.

முதல் ஐந்து தினங்களில் 10 கோடிகளை கேரளாவில் சம்பாதித்தது ஷங்கரின் படம். இதுநாள்வரை ஐ -இன் கேரளா வசூல் ஏறக்குறைய 17 கோடிகள். இது எந்திரன் உள்ளிட்ட மற்ற தமிழ் திரைப்படங்களின் வசூலைவிட அதிகம் என்பது குறிப்பிடத்தக்கது.

Good to know "AI" got good reception in Kerala...

balaajee
8th February 2015, 07:44 PM
(2015) - 25 Days worldwide box office collection report

http://i.imgur.com/JkOnE2Z.jpg?1

Avadi to America
8th February 2015, 08:06 PM
kerala is one of the tiniest markets for tamil movies... A big budget/star movies have to perform well in TN, AP/NZ and overseas.... these areas constitute 80-90% of revenue.... For Rajini/kamal/shankar movies have to perform well in these areas otherwise it will be termed as flop/disaster.

I'm surprised to see I movie was stopped screening after second weekend in DC metro including Telugu version.

ajaybaskar
8th February 2015, 08:10 PM
The movie is still running in the UAE though.

Adox
8th February 2015, 11:31 PM
kerala is one of the tiniest markets for tamil movies... A big budget/star movies have to perform well in TN, AP/NZ and overseas.... these areas constitute 80-90% of revenue.... For Rajini/kamal/shankar movies have to perform well in these areas otherwise it will be termed as flop/disaster.

I'm surprised to see I movie was stopped screening after second weekend in DC metro including Telugu version.

'I' has crossed the $1M mark in the US. Only Endiran and VR have done it so far .. But VR and Endhiran certainly ran for more than 2 weeks. Infact VR ran for 4 weeks in many locations. Not sure how 'I' managed that number in US. Didnt do well in AP/Telugu either but still emerged as 200c+ grosser. Surprising.

thamiz
9th February 2015, 04:06 AM
'I' has crossed the $1M mark in the US. Only Endiran and VR have done it so far .. But VR and Endhiran certainly ran for more than 2 weeks. Infact VR ran for 4 weeks in many locations. Not sure how 'I' managed that number in US. Didnt do well in AP/Telugu either but still emerged as 200c+ grosser. Surprising.

Really?

Do you know how much Lingaa made?

Avadi to America
9th February 2015, 04:11 AM

Are you sure it was only Endhiran and VR? Please do not compare Endhiran with other movies here.... With highest ticket price and no of shows per day and no of weeks? it was a dream run and went on collected more than 4M. I do not see any other movie has potential in near future to come close..... I do not want to compare a movie that just collected above 1 million with a movie that went on collected more than 4M...

Adox
9th February 2015, 04:19 AM
Really?

Do you know how much Lingaa made?

Sorry missed Lingaa. Lingaa made more than $1.2 M and probably be #2 in US beating VR.

"#Lingaa USA Saturday $412559, total at $1.205M from 140 scrns. Just $60K to beat combined gross of Vishwaroopam to bcom all time #2 in USA," Atmus Entertainment, the Tamil film distributors in the US tweeted."

Pras
9th February 2015, 04:23 AM
balajee ... thanks for your posts man :thumbsup:
others are just coming here to defend their own stars and prove that I didn't do well in this and that area (why they don't just post in their own threads and leave this one alone ? don't know ... we have to ask them)

anyway, i am just coming here for ur updates these days, let's enjoy I's huge success :thumbsup:
cheers buddy

Adox
9th February 2015, 04:24 AM
Are you sure it was only Endhiran and VR? Please do not compare Endhiran with other movies here.... With highest ticket price and no of shows per day and no of weeks? it was a dream run and went on collected more than 4M. I do not see any other movie has potential in near future to come close..... I do not want to compare a movie that just collected above 1 million with a movie that went on collected more than 4M...

One Million is an index for performance in the US .. Even if Endhiran made 10M plus, it'll be in the list of movies that crossed $1M in US. Not really comparing collections here.

Avadi to America
9th February 2015, 04:41 AM
One Million is an index for performance in the US .. Even if Endhiran made 10M plus, it'll be in the list of movies that crossed $1M in US. Not really comparing collections here.
Ok I leave it up to you....

The reason i was shocked to see I movie was taken after 2nd weekend is Shankar is a brand in his own league among Telugu audience... In DC metro, there are more Telugu people live than Tamil (easily 2 to 1 ratio)... The movie was released in record no of screens in US particularly for Telugu version....but shocking to see the movie just made above 1 million.... A top telugu star movie easily makes more than 1.5M.... Being released in both tamil and telugu, I did not make it big.... that's why.

Adox
9th February 2015, 05:25 AM

The reason i was shocked to see I movie was taken after 2nd weekend is Shankar is a brand in his own league among Telugu audience... In DC metro, there are more Telugu people live than Tamil (easily 2 to 1 ratio)... The movie was released in record no of screens in US particularly for Telugu version....but shocking to see the movie just made above 1 million.... A top telugu star movie easily makes more than 1.5M.... Being released in both tamil and telugu, I did not make it big.... that's why.

For Telugu/Hindi 1M is not a yardstick. But only a handful of Tamil movies have breached the 1M mark. That has been only Kamal/Rajini so far. For a Vikram movie to have done it is a feat .. Maybe you overestimated what it could collect. Although released in record screens, the run seems to be short ( < 2 weeks) to achieve a bigger #. The other movies which did 1M+ have run more than double this.

nickraman
9th February 2015, 06:23 AM

Avadi is correct. I was not enough to warrant a repeat crowd despite low ticket pricing. Moreso, the length backfired word-of-mouth despite Vikram's performance and guts to do koonan character. Second, this wasn't family friendly as Enthiran was, so am not surprised it was taken off after first weekend. I just made the 1 mil mark, but no where will it touch Enthiran/VR level of collection. Graphics and China scenes aside, it's really a DVD watch for an ordinary output.

selvakumar
9th February 2015, 06:59 AM
Lingaa was removed like I here. I am surprised how it collected 1m. I think if we assume same ticket price, it will be in the range of 500-600k. But Lingaa will be more than I for sure given the no of screens/shows compared to I

Adox
9th February 2015, 05:42 PM
You missed his point. With all the record screens and the Tamil/Telugu release combined, 1M is not much for I .. And nobody is comparing this to Endhiran. As per a lot of media it has crossed 200C. If you know anything to the contrary, please post reference links.

ajaybaskar
9th February 2015, 07:59 PM
Really shocked to see Ai still running in Dubai. Not many Tamil films reach the 4th week here. :clap:

Pras
9th February 2015, 08:03 PM
Really shocked to see Ai still running in Dubai. Not many Tamil films reach the 4th week here. :clap:

yea heard the news about dubai 4th week ... some said "first south indian movie to reach 4th week"-nu ... athu unmai illa yaa ? :cry:

paranitharan
10th February 2015, 07:06 AM
-deleted with warning-

selvakumar
10th February 2015, 07:12 AM
You missed his point. With all the record screens and the Tamil/Telugu release combined, 1M is not much for I .. And nobody is comparing this to Endhiran. As per a lot of media it has crossed 200C. If you know anything to the contrary, please post reference links.

No. There was a clear demarcation between I and Lingaa give that the later was priced at 25. It opened at least double the number of of screens in Boston. So, I am not surprised but only perplexed at total collections at 1m. If I assume both did well, Kochadayaan should be in the same range. That's why I asked why there is a huge gap. May be Kochadayaan wasn't priced like this. If I is touching Lingaa and is true, it means more people have watched it in relatively less screens.l at low price!!!

selvakumar
10th February 2015, 07:19 AM
For Telugu/Hindi 1M is not a yardstick. But only a handful of Tamil movies have breached the 1M mark. That has been only Kamal/Rajini so far. For a Vikram movie to have done it is a feat .. Maybe you overestimated what it could collect. Although released in record screens, the run seems to be short ( < 2 weeks) to achieve a bigger #. The other movies which did 1M+ have run more than double this.

Sorry. Missed this one. I think both of us are more or less on the same page.

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
10th February 2015, 01:25 PM
Watched I 2nd time yesterday ! This time went for Rahmanji ! That BGM during Gym Fight :bow: Film BGM :bow: All songs kickass..... After a long time i'm seeing a film exclusively for it's songs !!! Ladio step appo just mersals only... No matter how many times u see it !

elsaen11
10th February 2015, 01:47 PM
Ladio and aila were brilliant. Those ads even the companies cant come up with such innovative ideas. Shankar sir :notworthy:

Russellzhy
10th February 2015, 01:50 PM
yea heard the news about dubai 4th week ... some said "first south indian movie to reach 4th week"-nu ... athu unmai illa yaa ? :cry:

Malyalam movie Drishyam ran for 100 days in dubai

Adox
11th February 2015, 10:51 PM
No. There was a clear demarcation between I and Lingaa give that the later was priced at 25. It opened at least double the number of of screens in Boston. So, I am not surprised but only perplexed at total collections at 1m. If I assume both did well, Kochadayaan should be in the same range. That's why I asked why there is a huge gap. May be Kochadayaan wasn't priced like this. If I is touching Lingaa and is true, it means more people have watched it in relatively less screens.l at low price!!!

My response was to another post that seems to be deleted .. which made you think I'm replying to you. NP, anyways, we're on the same page! 'I' really didnt touch Lingaa collections. Final BO numbers for 'I' in US boxoffice is just a little above a million whereas Lingaa is in the $1.4 million range and Koch did about $650K. Nonetheless 'I' is in the > $1Million category.

thamiz
14th February 2015, 12:12 AM
*** I (Telugu)
Showing in 1 theatre, on the 32nd day (5th week)
Sri Mayuri 70mm (RTC X Roads) - 3.4 km

11:00am, 2:00pm, 6:00pm, 9:00pm***

This was not the "status" for "anniyan" (Te). Neither was the case of "padayappA" (narashimma)!

Illiterate idiots like Singaravelan need to understand the change in "trend" when you release a movie in every theater around you!

Pras
14th February 2015, 04:37 AM
*** I (Telugu)
Showing in 1 theatre, on the 32nd day (5th week)
Sri Mayuri 70mm (RTC X Roads) - 3.4 km

11:00am, 2:00pm, 6:00pm, 9:00pm***

This was not the "status" for "anniyan" (Te). Neither was the case of "padayappA" (narashimma)!

Illiterate idiots like Singaravelan need to understand the change in "trend" when you release a movie in every theater around you!

ellm OK ... ippo neenga I telugu hit-nu sollreengala flop-nu sollreengalaa ?

thamiz
14th February 2015, 04:55 AM
ellm OK ... ippo neenga I telugu hit-nu sollreengala flop-nu sollreengalaa ?

I am not saying anything like that. I dont know how big hit it was. But Long run is not going to happen for any film esp when they are released in 1000 screens. By counting # screens, after 30 days you can not judge a movie as a hit or flop-in the current trend. :)

balaajee
19th February 2015, 01:57 PM
ஐ படம் - ஆனந்தத்தில் பி.சி.ஸ்ரீராம்

அவ்வளவு எளிதில் யாரையும் பாராட்டுகிறவர் இல்லை, பி.சி.ஸ்ரீராம். மாறாக ஐ (http://tamil.webdunia.com/search?cx=015955889424990834868:i52wen7tp3i&cof=FORID:9&ie=UTF-8&sa=search&siteurl=http://tamil.webdunia.com&q=%E0%AE%90)படம் ஆரம்பிக்கப்பட்ட நாளிலிருந்து அப்படம் குறித்தும், இயக்குனர் ஷங்கர் குறித்தும் பாராட்டி பேசி வருகிறார். ஷங்கரை மிகச்சிறந்த இயக்குனர் என்று முன்பு பாராட்டியவர், ஐ படத்தால் அனைவர் மனதிலும் இடம் கிடைத்ததாக கூறியுள்ளார்.
http://media.webdunia.com/_media/ta/img/article/2015-02/19/full/1424319565-5958.jpg

ஐ வெளியாக வெற்றிகரமாக ஓடுகிறது. ஆறாவது வாரத்திலும் ஐ படத்தைப் பார்க்க பார்வையாளர்கள் வருகிறார்கள். கடந்த இரு வருடங்களில் வெளியான படங்களில் ஐ -க்குதான் அதிக வசூல்.

இதுபற்றி கருத்து தெரிவித்த பி.சி.ஸ்ரீராம், ‘ஐ’ படம் ரிலீசாகி வெற்றிகரமாக 5 வாரங்களை கடந்து 6-வது வாரத்திற்குள் நுழைந்திருக்கிறது. இப்படத்தின் மூலம் அனைவரின் மனதிலும் சிறப்பான இடத்தை நான் பிடித்துள்ளேன் என்றார்.

Pras
19th February 2015, 07:08 PM
ஐ படம் - ஆனந்தத்தில் பி.சி.ஸ்ரீராம்

ivaru mattum-aa aananthula irukkaar ? P.C.Shriram, ungalluk enn :notworthy:

leosimha
19th February 2015, 08:15 PM
Pras...how many times have you seen the film "I"?

Pras
19th February 2015, 09:01 PM
Pras...how many times have you seen the film "I"?

5 leo ... but only twice in cinema ... i am in switzerland, and it didn't release here, had to go to France ...
heard that original dvd's released, will definitely buy it ;)

leosimha
20th February 2015, 11:31 PM
I am waiting for the Blu-Ray Disc with 3D option

Music4Ever
21st February 2015, 05:08 PM
5 leo ... but only twice in cinema ... i am in switzerland, and it didn't release here, had to go to France ...
heard that original dvd's released, will definitely buy it ;)

I read that you have never visited India. Your Tamizh seems good though.

balaajee
21st February 2015, 05:22 PM
i read that you have never visited india. Your tamizh seems good though.

that might be an add on reason...

balaajee
23rd February 2015, 02:23 PM
சென்னை பாக்ஸ் ஆபிஸ்

NO :5. ஐ சென்ற வார இறுதியில் ஐ (http://tamil.webdunia.com/search?cx=015955889424990834868:i52wen7tp3i&cof=FORID:9&ie=UTF-8&sa=search&siteurl=http://tamil.webdunia.com&q=%E0%AE%90)2.13 லட்சங்களை வசூலித்து ஐந்தாவது இடத்தில் உள்ளது. வெளியாகி ஆறு வாரங்கள் முடிந்தும் டாப் 5 -இல் இடம்பெறுவது சாதனைதான். இதன் இதுவரையான சென்னை வசூல் 9.62 கோடிகள்.

nickraman
24th February 2015, 05:29 AM
Malay DVD is trimmed by 18 minutes. Total runtime is 2hr 50min.

balaajee
24th February 2015, 11:05 AM
Not fair...

Pras
24th February 2015, 12:32 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-X_CYwCUAAxbhX.png

Pras
24th February 2015, 12:33 PM
I read that you have never visited India. Your Tamizh seems good though.

yea true : i have never visited India ... aana naan thamizhan thaan ;-)

Music4Ever
24th February 2015, 05:25 PM
yea true : i have never visited India ... aana naan thamizhan thaan ;-)

Neengale sollikka vendiathu-dhan :) Just kidding. Seriously, it is impressive that you have never visited India, leave alone Thamizhnadu, yet can relate to many things like the vernacular Thamizh, among others. You will witness the real "fry"burg when you visit Thamizhagam in May :)

Pras
26th February 2015, 12:14 PM
Neengale sollikka vendiathu-dhan :) Just kidding. Seriously, it is impressive that you have never visited India, leave alone Thamizhnadu, yet can relate to many things like the vernacular Thamizh, among others. You will witness the real "fry"burg when you visit Thamizhagam in May :)

appalaam panam illa, ippalaam time illa :lol: .. i definitely will come to india ... this or next year ...

PARAMASHIVAN
26th February 2015, 06:34 PM
Pras,

Ithu ummaku romba over ah theriyalla ? :)

"King Of acting" agreed to a "Great" extent? But King of opening ?? lol

Pras
26th February 2015, 08:35 PM
Pras,

Ithu ummaku romba over ah theriyalla ? :)

"King Of acting" agreed to a "Great" extent? But King of opening ?? lol

sariya padiyum oyi .. king of box office ... not king of opening :-P

balaajee
5th March 2015, 11:10 PM
iamAmyJackson

So grateful to have been a part of 'I' @shankarshanmugh (https://twitter.com/shankarshanmugh) @pcsreeram (https://twitter.com/pcsreeram) @chiyaanvikram (https://twitter.com/chiyaanvikram) @arrahman (https://twitter.com/arrahman) https://abs.twimg.com/emoji/v1/72x72/1f60a.pnghttps://abs.twimg.com/emoji/v1/72x72/1f64f.png #50Days (https://twitter.com/hashtag/50Days?src=hash)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_NixdxVEAAeh_c.jpg:large

balaajee
5th March 2015, 11:14 PM
BEHINDWOODS COLUMN

LMK'S FILM SPOT
50 DAYS OF 'I' - A MILESTONE EVENT IN MANY ASPECTS THE 'I' PHENOMENON !!! On its release day January 14th, it all started off as Shankar's 'I' and pulled in a huge chunk to theatres thanks to the director's brand value, the superhit music and the incredible pre-release curiosity surrounding the plot and its lead actor's very many avatars. Aascar Films' efforts in pumping in so much money to this dream and giving it the best possible release in the best possible festival slot can't be underestimated too. Now, 50 days after the movie's release and its subsequent handsome success with well over 220 crores in worldwide gross (from 3 versions), we will all remember it as Vikram's 'I'. Such is the impact that the actor has made on the audience.

No doubt, Shankar designed the project and gave such a platform for Vikram to showcase his wares. But not everyone can transform so many times within the same movie - from an imposing bodybuilder with curled locks, to a chic model, to an ugly, emaciated, deformed hunchback 'Koonan' (with insane amount of prosthetic make-up all over). Not to forget, that other enormous make-up achievement for the beast avatar in the Ennodu Nee Irundhaal number. That Chiyaan could convince the audience that he was emoting despite so many layers of make-up and also be as agile as he was, speaks volumes of his caliber and dedication as a performer. Among the many memorable moments that he gave us in 'I' was the supremely physical stunt sequence in the gym with the other hulks around, sporting just an under-wear over his well-oiled body. Inimitable show of confidence ! The mirror scene when 'Koonan' screams in horror at his own frame, and his initial transformation from Lee to 'Koonan' jolted many and even moved them to tears.

Editor Anthony's work in presenting this long non-linear spectacle was impressive too, along with Rahman's chartbuster songs and BG score, P.C.Sreeram's grandiose visuals, the VFX magic, Muthuraj's larger-than-life sets and 'Anl' Arasu's adrenaline pumping stunts.

'I' owes a lot of its success to the 'perfect model' - turned - 'competent actress', Amy Jackson as well. P.C.Sreeram had said that her brand of beauty and glamour was never-seen-before in Indian cinema. We have to agree with the legendary DoP totally. Be it that drool-inducing bikini scene, the mind-boggling transformations in Mersalaayitten, her sexy angelic appearance in the beast song and her overall elegance and grace throughout the film, Amy was the epitome of beauty. The way she performed and managed her lip-sync was highly praiseworthy too. Her Innaba Lingesa in the typical Madras lingo would be one of the lasting memories of this year's Tamil cinema.

And the chemistry between the 48 year old Vikram and the 23 year old Amy was another stunning revelation. Sample the Pookkale and Aila numbers, and all the scenes featuring them as the models, Lee and Diya. Vikram may have an anti-ageing secret, one may suspect (his portfolio as Lee before the China ad shoot. Pppaahh!!!).

Shankar was all over the film in terms of the way he conceptualized and shot the songs in his typically lavish manner. Each of them was a highlight in its own right and would compete with one another for the 'Best Song Visual' of the year. But the film featured gory visuals which may have repelled a section of the family audience in particular. Though Santhanam was a very lively presence in the climax, this segment had some really extreme visuals which stuck out despite Santa's efforts in wrapping them under his witty sarcasm. Also the way Shankar handled the transgender character and its romance with Vikram was questionable and controversial. 'I' also had weak villains who were not a patch on some of Shankar's legendary villains in the past.

All said, the positives of the movie far outweighed its negatives and 'I' was a very successful venture in Tamil - doing massive business in Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka and the overseas markets too. The U/A rating and entertainment tax didn't hamper the movie's trade prospects in TN, as feared by a few. After Enthiran, a South Indian film hasn't performed this well at the box-office. On final analysis, 'I' did all that a biggie was supposed to do - entertain the common man, rake in the big bucks and leave the industry happy.

Congrats on the stupendous run ...

Kaushik.L.M

balaajee
8th March 2015, 06:03 PM
Ai trailer Spoof

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrNcOJFvQpk

balaajee
23rd April 2015, 09:31 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/465121886565724161/MXai1jWL_normal.jpeg Shankar Shanmugham @shankarshanmugh (https://twitter.com/shankarshanmugh) · 2h 2 hours ago

(https://twitter.com/shankarshanmugh/status/591240564110032898)

"i"00 days !!! Thanx for alllll who have made it possible.

balaajee
30th April 2015, 03:06 PM
அகலக்கால் வைத்து அகப்பட்டுக்கொண்ட ஆஸ்கார் ரவி.. சொத்துகள் பறிமுதல்!! : http://tamil.oneindia.com/

balaajee
30th April 2015, 03:31 PM
சினிமா தயாரிப்பாளர் ஆஸ்கர் ரவிச்சந்திரன் சொத்துக்கள் ஜப்தி!

ரூ.96.75 கோடி கடனை செலுத்தாததால் ஆஸ்கர் ரவிச்சந்திரனின் அலுவலகம், வீடு, திரையரங்குகள் ஆகியவற்றை இந்தியன் ஓவர்சீஸ் வங்கி கையகப்படுத்தியுள்ளது.

தமிழ் திரையுலகின் முன்னணி தயாரிப்பாளராக வலம் வரும் ஆஸ்கர் ரவிச்சந்திரன், விக்ரம் நடித்த 'அந்நியன்', கமல்ஹாசன் நடித்த தசாவதாரம் உள்ளிட்ட பல்வேறு படங்களை பிரம்மாண்ட பட்ஜெட்களில் தயாரித்தவர்.

இதனிடையே, விக்ரம் நடித்த 'ஐ' மற்றும் ஜெயம் ரவி நடிக்கும் 'பூலோகம்' என இரண்டு பெரிய பட்ஜெட் படங்களை ஒரே நேரத்தில் தயாரித்ததில் ஆஸ்கர் ரவிச்சந்திரன் கடனில் சிக்கினார். இதற்காக இந்திய ஓவர்சீஸ் வங்கியில் கடன் வாங்கியுள்ளார் ரவிச்சந்திரன். பல்வேறு கடன் பிரச்னைகளைத் தாண்டிதான் 'ஐ' திரைப்படம் வெளியானது.

இந்த நிலையில், ஆஸ்கர் ரவிச்சந்திரன் கடனை செலுத்தாததால் அவரது அலுவலகம், வீடு மற்றும் மூன்று திரையரங்குகள் ஆகியவற்றை இந்தியன் ஓவர்சீஸ் வங்கி கையகப்படுத்தி இருக்கிறது.

இது குறித்து இந்தியன் ஓவர்சீஸ் வங்கி வெளியிட்டுள்ள விளம்பரத்தில், "ஏப்ரல் 28ஆம் தேதி முதல் மூன்று சொத்துக்களை சுவாதீனப்படுத்தி இருக்கிறோம். சென்னை அசோக் நகரில் உள்ள அலுவலகம், மயிலாப்பூரில் உள்ள வீடு, வேலூரில் உள்ள திரையரங்கம் மற்றும் சேலத்தில் உள்ள சந்தோஷ், சப்னா மற்றும் சாந்தம் திரையரங்குகள் ஆகியவை இதில் அடக்கம்' என்று கூறப்பட்டுள்ளது.

ஐஓபி வங்கியில் வாங்கிய சுமார் 84 கோடி ரூபாய் கடன் மற்றும் வட்டியுடன் சேர்த்து 97 கோடி ரூபாய் கடனை திருப்பி செலுத்தாததினால், சென்னை அசோக் நகரில் உள்ள ஆஸ்கார் ரவியின் அலுவலகம், அபிராமபுரத்தில் அவர் வசிக்கும் வீடு மற்றும் வேலூரில் உள்ள அவரது சந்தோஷ், சப்னா, சாந்தம் என மூன்று தியேட்டர்கள் ஆகிய சொத்துகளை பறிமுதல் செய்யப்பட்டுள்ளது.

தமிழ் திரையுலகில் முன்னணி தயாரிப்பாளராக வலம் வரும் ஆஸ்கர் ரவிச்சந்திரனின் சொத்துக்களை வங்கி கையகப்படுத்தி இருப்பது திரையுலகினர் இடையே அதிர்ச்சியை ஏற்படுத்தி உள்ளது.

balaajee
29th March 2016, 11:05 AM
விக்ரமுக்கு விருது அளிக்காதது தேசிய விருதுகளுக்கான இழப்பு: பி.சி.ஸ்ரீராம் சாடல் - TAMIL HINDU

http://tamil.thehindu.com/multimedia/dynamic/02792/pcsreeram_2792980f.jpg
'ஐ' படத்திற்காக விக்ரமுக்கு விருது அளிக்காதது தேசிய விருதுகளுக்கான இழப்பு என ஒளிப்பதிவாளர் பி.சி.ஸ்ரீராம் கருத்து தெரிவித்துள்ளார்.

ஷங்கர் இயக்கத்தில் விக்ரம், ஏமி ஜாக்சன், சுரேஷ் கோபி, சந்தானம் உள்ளிட்ட பலர் நடிப்பில் ஜனவரி 2015ம் ஆண்டு வெளியான படம் 'ஐ'. பி.சி.ஸ்ரீராம் ஒளிப்பதிவு செய்த இப்படத்துக்கு ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான் இசையமைத்திருந்தார். ஆஸ்கர் பிலிம்ஸ் நிறுவனம் இப்படத்தை தயாரித்தது.

நீண்ட நாட்களாக தயாரிப்பில் இருந்த இப்படத்திற்காக விக்ரம் மிகவும் சிரத்தை எடுத்து நடித்திருந்தார். இப்படத்தின் பாத்திரத்திற்காக உடலை இளைத்து, கூட்டி என மிகவும் மெனக்கெட்டு நடித்தார்.

63வது தேசிய விருதுகள் அறிவிக்கப்பட்டதில் விக்ரமிற்கு எந்த ஒரு தேசிய விருதும் அறிவிக்கப்படவில்லை. ஜனவரி 10ம் தேதி சென்சார் செய்யப்பட்ட படம் என்பதால், தேசிய விருதுகள் தேர்வு பட்டியலில் 'ஐ' திரைப்படம் இருந்தது.
விக்ரமுக்கு விருது கிடைக்காததால் ரசிகர்கள் பலரும் தங்களது அதிருப்தியை சமூக வலைத்தளங்களில் பதிவு செய்து வருகிறார்கள். மேலும், 'ஐ' படத்தின் ஒளிப்பதிவாளர் பி.சி.ஸ்ரீராம் "விக்ரமுக்கு (கென்னி) விருது ஏதும் இல்லை. வருந்துகிறேன். தேசிய விருதுகள் பல நேரங்களில் அதன் நோக்கத்தை இழந்துவிடுகிறது. என்னைப் பொருத்தவரை இது விக்ரமுடைய இழப்பு அல்ல; இது தேசிய விருதுகளுக்கான இழப்பு." என்று தனது ட்விட்டர் பக்கத்தில் தெரிவித்துள்ளார்.

விக்ரமுக்கு விருது கிடைக்காதது குறித்து 'ஐ' படக்குழுவும் மிகவும் அதிருப்தியில் இருப்பதாக தகவல்கள் வெளியாகி இருக்கிறது

balaajee
30th March 2016, 03:11 PM
நண்பா விக்ரம்,"ஐ" காக உடலை பெருக்கினாய்; பின் சுருக்கினாய்; அகோர உருவில் உயிர் உருக்கினாய்;உனக்கெதற்கு விருது? நீதான் எங்கள் விருது!- Vivekh on twitter

rsubras
31st March 2016, 11:40 AM
with due respect to Vikram for his dedication and work devotion............ imho, i believe acting is more bringing out the character through performances and nuances rather than become the character itself physically by putting the body through hard times.... I wonder what Sivaji or the older generation actors will say on such things...they never had the time that actors of the current generation has in doing all these stuffs...... Sivaji sir once commented on an actor who consumed alcohol to bring out a drunkard role on screen, that "what will he do if he has to portray a dead person"

I am not trying to say Vikram does not act well nor that his specialty is only his dedication such as these effort for "I", kaasi etc., In the film anniyan, more than all those physical or get up change portions, I feel the best acting of Vikram came out in the climax scene when his character was traversing between anniyan and ambi........that I feel deserves national award more than "I" performance

balaajee
20th June 2016, 01:22 PM
63rd Filmfare Awards South 2016: Winners Picture
http://data1.ibtimes.co.in/cache-img-680-0-photo/en/full/43415/1466345318_actor-vikram.jpg

Vikram won the best actor award for his performance as a body-builder turned suave model in "I", which also won the Music Director Award for A.R Rahman, Best Lyrics for Madhan Karky and Best Playback Singer (Male) for Sid Sriram for the song "Ennodu Nee Irundhal".

RATHEESHAJITH
23rd June 2016, 12:45 PM
sariya padiyum oyi .. king of box office ... not king of opening :-P

HOW R U ...Pras machi ...

Pras
23rd June 2016, 03:01 PM
HOW R U ...Pras machi ...

I am fine machi ... and you ? :-D

RATHEESHAJITH
24th June 2016, 11:12 PM
I am fine machi ... and you ? :-D

Fine machi....

balaajee
28th June 2016, 01:40 PM
கருணாநிதி குடும்பத்தோடு சம்பந்தம் வைக்கும் நடிகர் விக்ரம்

திரைப்பட நடிகர் விக்ரம் திமுக தலைவர் கருணாநிதி குடும்பத்துடன் சம்பந்தம் வைக்க உள்ளார். விக்ரமின் மாப்பிள்ளையாகப் போகிறார் கருணாநிதியின் கொள்ளுப் பேரன் மனு ரஞ்சித்.

http://media.webdunia.com/_media/ta/img/article/2016-06/28/full/1467095103-6123.jpg

நடிகர் விக்ரமுக்கு துருவ் என்ற மகனும் அக்ஷிதா என்ற மகளும் உள்ளனர். இதில் விக்ரமின் மகள் அக்ஷிதாவுக்கு திருமண ஏற்பாடுகள் நடந்து வருகிறது. விக்ரமுக்கு மருமகனாக வர இருப்பவர் கவின்கேர் ரங்கநாதனின் மகன் மனு ரஞ்சித். இவர் கருணாநிதியின் கொள்ளுப் பேரனும், கருணாநிதியின் மகன் மு.க.முத்துவின் பேரனும் ஆவார்.

இவர்களின் திருமண நிச்சயதார்த்தம் ஜூலை 10-ஆம் தேதி சென்னையில் உள்ள மிகப்பெரிய நட்சத்திர ஹோட்டலில் நடைபெறும் எனவும், இவர்களின் திருமணம் அடுத்த ஆண்டு நடைபெறும் எனவும் கூறப்படுகிறது. இதுகுறித்த அதிகாரப்பூர்வ தகவல்கள் விரைவில் வெளியாகும் என்று எதிர்பார்க்கப்படுகிறது.

balaajee
11th July 2016, 12:15 PM
Chiyaan Vikram's daughter engaged to Karunanidhi's grandson - PHOTOS

http://data1.ibtimes.co.in/cache-img-784-0-photo/en/full/44376/1468216825_actor-chiyaan-vikrams-daughter-engaged-karunanidhis-grandson.jpg

http://data1.ibtimes.co.in/cache-img-900-0-photo/en/full/44377/1468216825_actor-chiyaan-vikrams-daughter-engaged-karunanidhis-grandson.jpg
http://data1.ibtimes.co.in/cache-img-900-0-photo/en/full/44381/1468216825_actor-chiyaan-vikrams-daughter-engaged-karunanidhis-grandson.jpg
http://data1.ibtimes.co.in/cache-img-720-0-photo/en/full/44378/1468216825_actor-chiyaan-vikrams-daughter-engaged-karunanidhis-grandson.jpg
http://data1.ibtimes.co.in/cache-img-900-0-photo/en/full/44379/1468216825_actor-chiyaan-vikrams-daughter-engaged-karunanidhis-grandson.jpg