PDA

View Full Version : Kugan's Kitchen Part 7

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16]

NOV
23rd February 2014, 08:59 PM
i still cannot get over the cone shaped parotta that nov ngov posted.....fab combo of talent & skill ;-)come to Malaysia! :)

suvai
23rd February 2014, 09:01 PM
Here is a black bean salad that is simple to make :

1 cup black beans..try organic...wash well & drain.. keep aside.
1 medium clove minced...(u need not use if u dont like garlic)
quarter medium red onion thinly sliced ( really thin )......u have to call me to your home if you dont know how to.....:mrgreen:...just kidding.
1Tblsp parsley ( i do not like parsley so i used corriander leaves - pachai kothamalli )
1/2 Tblsp...lemon juice ( not lime green one )
1 & half Tblsp extra virgin olive oil
salt & pepper......namaku kaaram pidikumnu i used green chilly instead of black pepper. Use less salt as the black bean will have more than hint of salt.
the following is optional can use if u want :
little feta cheese
3 kalamata olives sliced
1/2 tsp rosemary
these will enhance the flavour for sure....unfortunately i do not remember from where I took this recipe from... but I have a feeling from vegetarian times.....this recipe belongs to a person who cares about diet....& thanks to her or him on our behalf....hope this is okay nga nov .

suvai
23rd February 2014, 09:02 PM
come to Malaysia! :)

court pillaiyaar koopitukitey irukaarngo.....:mrgreen:

NOV
24th February 2014, 07:01 AM
court pillaiyaar koopitukitey irukaarngo.....:mrgreen:
:notthatway: avarai kaakka vaikaadheengO.... recently madhu annaa and anni came over to get His dharisanam

NOV
24th February 2014, 07:21 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1/1959361_10201501050147443_951708149_n.jpg

Banana Pancakes ~ ONLY 2 ingredients

Ingredients:
1 banana
2 eggs

Directions:
Mix ingredients until smooth batter. Use greased nonstick pan on medium heat, pour small amounts of batter in pan and cook on both sides. Enjoy!

madhu
24th February 2014, 11:42 AM
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/u6icW6bNhqU/hqdefault.jpg

chinnakkannan
24th February 2014, 05:00 PM
மதுண்ணா..எதுக்கு பனானா பேன்கேக்ஸை பிள்ளையாருக்குப்படைக்கறீங்க?!

suvai
25th February 2014, 05:50 AM
madhu nga......ty for the picture of court pillaiyar...:-) u made my day...

nalla dharisanam panineenganu kelvi patten...enaku epo praapthamo therila ..

suvai
25th February 2014, 06:08 AM
Here is a version of a very very simple Kadai Chole by Harpal singh..pretty tasty too!! try panni paarunga

Soaked chole over night with tea bags ( 2 cups ) namaku ithu ellaam velaiki aagala athanaala canned chickpeas naan one can use pannikiten :mrgreen:

chole masala 1 T
chilli powder 1/2 tsp
Dhania Powder 1/2 T
Jeera powder 1/2 tsp
mango powder (amchur) 1/2 tsp
garam masala two pinches or less
salt to taste
now mix all of the above with the channa / chole

In a kadai add ghee (accordingly) he says for more than 2 T...i think....naan kamiya use panninen...when hot add a little ajwain...(omam) strips of ginger & green chillies to taste....konjam vathangina appuram add the channa mixture...slow fire la cover panni cook pannunga till raw smell goes....naan last la konjam kothamalli pottu oru attakaasamaana chole ready ....:mrgreen: it tasted good with bread also....uppu kammi pannikonga...hope u all will enjoy it too.
nalla varalai na ennai blame panna koodaathu :mrgreen:

chinnakkannan
26th February 2014, 02:53 PM
என்னது கடைச் சோழனா.. ஃபுட் த்ரட் ல எதுக்கு ஹிஸ்டரி பத்திப் பேசறீங்க :)

NOV
27th February 2014, 08:15 AM
21 Surprising Things You Can Make In A Rice Cooker

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr03/2013/4/3/16/enhanced-buzz-21947-1365020387-7.jpg

http://www.buzzfeed.com/arielknutson/surprising-things-you-can-make-in-a-rice-cooker

chinnakkannan
27th February 2014, 03:02 PM
என்னவெல்லாம் என லிஸ்ட் போடலையே..

நான் போட்டுப் பார்க்கிறேன்

சாதம்,
வெஜிடபிள் புலவ்
தால்
உ.கி வேக வைக்கலாம்- லைக் தட் ஆல் வெஜிடபிள்ஸ்
அப்புறம்?

madhu
27th February 2014, 03:48 PM
என்னவெல்லாம் என லிஸ்ட் போடலையே..

நான் போட்டுப் பார்க்கிறேன்

சாதம்,
வெஜிடபிள் புலவ்
தால்
உ.கி வேக வைக்கலாம்- லைக் தட் ஆல் வெஜிடபிள்ஸ்
அப்புறம்?

அதான் லிஸ்ட் போட்டிருக்கே...

1. Tofu And Asparagus
2. Mac And Cheese
3. Chocolate Lava Cake
4. Pomegranate And Quinoa Salad
5. Cheesy Jalapeno Bread
6. Black Bean Chili
7. Poached Pomegranate Spiced Pears
8. Lemony Risotto With Shrimp
9. Mahi Mahi
10. Steel Cut Oats
11. Balsamic Dijon Chicken With Farro And Mushrooms
12. Banana Bread
13. Wheat Berry Salad
14. “Stir-Fry” Cabbage
15. Rice Cooker Bibimbap With Salmon and Spinach
16. Banana Pudding With Caramel Sauce
17. Vegetable Frittata
18. Apple Upside Down Cake
19. Vegetable Hot Cake
20. Rice Cooker Chicken Biriyani With Saffron Cream
21. Japanese Anime Bread

chinnakkannan
1st March 2014, 09:44 PM
ஓ.. ரைஸ் குக்கர் நா சாதம் மட்டும் தான் நினைச்சுண்டிருந்தேன். இவ்ளவா..தாங்க்ஸ் மதுண்ணா..
ஆமா இந்த குகன் தங்கச்சி எப்படி இருக்காங்க..ரொம்ப நாளாச்சே..

NOV
7th March 2014, 10:46 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/1798642_10201560001021178_963322660_n.jpg

Tiny little Banana Muffins - NO FLOUR, OIL, BUTTER!!
SHARE ^ SHARE ^ SHARE to Keep!!

Ingredients:
2.5 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup plain low fat greek yogurt
2 eggs
3/4 cup sugar (or sweetener, just adjust the amount)
1.5 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 ripe bananas

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray tins with non-stick cooking spray or line 12 muffin tins.
2. Place all of the ingredients, including bananas in a blender or food processor, and blend until oats are smooth.
3. Divide batter among cupcake tins, and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
**Be sure to watch them closely in the oven, because depending on altitude, baking time may be a little less**

suvai
8th March 2014, 08:01 AM
How many times have you thrown away old bananas....going forward please dont throw them away....as
here is another Oats & Banana Cookies.....these have been tried & they are really yumgumshum!!!...:mrgreen:
Ingri:
2 Large old bananas
1 cup of oats (i used rolled oats that is regular) just take a big knife & chop them so that they bind well with the rest of the ingredients.

Mix the above up & now comes the special part......of the add ins...:
a handful or less of chocolate chips
1/4 cup crushed walnut pieces
cinnamon powder maybe 1/2 tsp

if your mixture is runny add a little more oatmeal.
if your mixture has too many of the add ins...then the cookies wont hold together

U will get about 12 to 15 cookies. Cook them at 350degrees for 15 minutes on a greased (has to be greased ilaati otto ottikum on cookie sheet )

they are healthy if u leave out the chocolate chips :mrgreen:

this recipe was shared to me by a friend....

i enjoyed eating them & hope you do too....;-)

try panni paarunga as the quantity is perfect & one can bravely try :mrgreen:

suvai
8th March 2014, 08:02 AM
meley nov ngov has posted banana muffins....followed by banana oatmeal cookies ;-)

suvai
8th March 2014, 08:36 AM
ok sweet sweet nu saapitu mudichi...ada adaa adaaa nu intha adai recipeyum try pannungalen...:mrgreen:

I got this delicious recipe from the yumblog:

Raw Rice 1 cup
paasiparuppu 1/4 cup
ulatham paruppu 1/4 cup
kadalai paruppu 1/4 cup
red chilie 2 to 4
karuveppilai 2 twigs finely chopped
ginger 1 inch piece grated
grated coconut 2 Tblspn
salt to taste
oil

Method:
Wash rice & soak overnight
wash all the dals & soak overnite (all dals can soak together)

Kalaila rice & dal ellaam nalla drain pannitu. Rice muthala grind it to a smooth batter with 1/2 cup water. Now add the dals & grind it coarsley with another 1/2 cup of water. Add salt/ red chillies/ grated coconut/ curry leaves & ginger to the batter. Dilute with a little more water if the maavu is thick to get a pouring consistency.

Now vaarthufy like dosai with oil...let one side become golden color then flip it over to brown the other side.....

now enjoy it with verum kuzhambu / coconut chutney / vellam or even plain thayir...enjoy!!

uwitiusoj
8th March 2014, 08:47 PM
Dear all, please forgive me for taking such a long leave. A little acrobat boy is just growing bigger and bigger inside me and making me so tired. My due date is August.
My only option now is to study and make use of this idle time. So I am too tired balancing everything.

In January i did make some recipes of K, Madhushree and gulabjamun's mushroom which turned out so good and took pictures I cant find them now. Nowadays eating a lot outside as I am so tired of cooking. So much miss you all and K.

Madhushree your podi kathrikai arumai , we do not add coconut for this but I tried your version and loved it. Sorry for thanking you after such a long time.

uwitiusoj
8th March 2014, 08:58 PM
Suvai welcome back to the forum. Thanks for all those wonderful recipes and keeping the forum active. I like your way of writing, its so interesting!.

I pray God to give me some energy to try them all esply the cookies are so tempting and healthy. Since you are active from a long time in this forum there must be some of your favorite fool proof recipes from this forum please share the link if you get some time for those recipes.

Mrs.Mano
8th March 2014, 10:04 PM
Dear Sangeetha!

A few days back I have noticed your mail in my inbox which had been posted in Dec, 2013. I regret for the delayed reply. I have tried to reply you from my inbox. But it could not be sent to you due to some technical problems.

You can write to me at any time in my thread or to the following ID: smano26@gmail.com
Take care of your health.

suvai
9th March 2014, 06:39 AM
Welcome welcome sangeetha!!

First congrats on to your steps to motherhood....:-). Wish you plenty more happiness with the bundle of joy date fast approaching.

Ennai kettaal......you can play inni minni miney mo....with both mrs mano as well as kugan's recipes....trust me u wont go wrong....they are all tried & tested in their kitchens & many on here too......i have tried & still try a lotttttt from both threads....ithuvaraikum naan senjathu ellaamey suvai o suvai thaan ;-)....naan try panninathu ellaam comments kooda pottu irukeney ..;-)

pesaraa maaathri ezhutharnaala en way of writin pidichi iruku nu naan neenaikaren :mrgreen:

U take plenty care of yourself & eat well for two...;-) & enjoy the fabulous journey!

suvai
9th March 2014, 06:43 AM
madhushree......today i tried your kathirkai podi...potta poriyal....measurements la milagaai konjam kammi pannikiten matha badi....the rest were all perfect......another super recipe for keeps for sure madhusree...i am going to try the same podi for vazhakaai....the next time i get hold of some ;-)

i made a little extra & bottled it.....ty madhu for this good one!!!

NOV
9th March 2014, 06:55 AM
Congratulations Sangeetha! :D

http://i.123g.us/c/congrats_pregnancy/card/108049.gif

suvai
9th March 2014, 07:27 AM
oru Cashew recipe podalaamaa sangeethaku??? :mrgreen:

this is one my friends recipe:

Cashew - 1 cup grated (ithu velaiku aagaathu ) so i just ground it finely...:mrgreen:
milk 1 cup
sugar 1 cup ( i used only 3/4)athuveykonjam thookalaa thaan irunthichi sweet...
ghee 1/4 cup plus a little more if u want....naan 1/4th thaan use panninen

ipo romba sulabamaana paart...mix everything together & keep on medium fire...methuvaa paatu paadikitey kilarunga vidaama....oru dough consistency vanthathum (nei neraiya viteengana innum easy to know when to put off the fire :mrgreen: now pour it on to a greased tray & cut pannunga...naan avasara pattu cut panninen.....but aarana apuram easy irunthuchi....to go over the cut & it was easy to pick up the pieces....u will be tempted to eat lots....kattupadutharthu onga kaila thaaney iruku :mrgreen:

uwitiusoj
11th March 2014, 08:17 AM
thank you very much for the welcome and an easy sweet suvai. I have lot of cashews will definitely try. yes neenga sonna mathiri thaan, i read all of your feedbacks and so many bookmarks. i will loose the link somehow and will be searching for hrs for the recipe i read sometime ago.

even step by step pics or video recipes doesnt turn as good as this. others feedback is a special inspiration. neenga active anadu is a great plus to the forum. this 1 yr itself i gained so much exp by trying so many things, i could imagine the knowledge you must have by participating for 8 yrs.

uwitiusoj
11th March 2014, 08:19 AM
nov anna thanks for the wishes and keeping the forum so live. nanga ellam romba kat adikarom, neenga thaan regular :ashamed::ashamed:

Madhu Sree
13th March 2014, 05:20 PM
A simple vegetable curry for Aappam:

Today I had this for appam, my mom in law prepared this curry, it looks like sambar, but I bet it is not sambar, or dal. But it tasted delicious with aappam... Yummm...

Ingredients:
Toor dal - 1 cup
Clove - 2
Onion - 2
Assorted veggies - 1 cup
Tomato - 1
Green chillies - 4
Chilli powder - as required, I added about 1 spoon.
Coriander powder - 1 spoon.
Turmeric powder - a pinch
salt - required
Oil - required

To grind to paste:
Cocunut - 1/2 cup

Method:

First cooked, dal with tomato, turmeric powder, salt in a cooker and keep it aside.

In a wok, add oil, add pounded cloves, then add onion, chopped veggies, slit Green chillies. Put salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder, chilli powder.
Mix well and fry for about 2 mins. Then, add little water to let the veggies cook. Mash the cooked dal then add it to the veggies, mix well.
Taste and see if salt is fine or else add more. Grind cocunut to fine paste and add it to the dal + veggies, mix well. Let it boil for about 3 or 4 mins.
Garnish with coriander leaves. Servet it hot with Aappam.

Madhu Sree
13th March 2014, 05:21 PM
Hi Sangeetha, welcome back.. :) have fun trying new recipes..

yes u r right. Nov is regular naama nalla cut adikkirom :lol2:

Hi Suvai :redjump: how r u doing? :D

uwitiusoj
14th March 2014, 12:54 AM
Hello Madhu Sree

neengalavdu lata vandalum superana recipe oda vareenga. thanks for a nice veg curry recipe. sure will do try . dal + veg + clove nice combo.

nithishri
14th March 2014, 10:28 PM
Madhu Sree,
Very nice recipe. Does this go well with dosa too?
I have few guests coming in total of 8 (with includes 4 kids)
Was wondering if anyone could also suggest me some lunch ideas. Saturday is a veggie day. SO in a fix. Non veg na easy a senjidlam. Veggies combo are hard to think

suvai
15th March 2014, 05:26 AM
hello MS....:-) nalla iruken....how r u doing? naan ipadi varuven...apadi poiduven :mrgreen: good to see some old regulars of kugan still around ;-)

i tried yr kathirikai podi loved it....will try out yr aapam side dish too...solaren epadi vanthichi nu okyaa...actually i have tried some of yr recipes too...& all of them have come out well...:-)

ivangalai kaanavillai kaanavillai nu satham pottenaa .....nm/sakthi/dev/sudha/selviem/nithi.....ellaarum vanthu ennai karandiyaalaiye saathu saathu nu saathiduvaanga...:noteeth:..hope all of them & the rest of the names that i missed mentioning along with our kugan are all well...;-)

suvai
15th March 2014, 05:30 AM
hi nithi...welcome back.....lunch menu ku namma kugan every other page la pottu irupaangaley....all the items she cooked & posted visually on the table...try kugan 3 or 4 i think she used to post a lot before especially during festival months...u will get such grand ideas....have fun! cooking & enjoying company.

suvai
20th March 2014, 07:31 AM
hi nithi.....hope yr party went off well.....what did u end up making? share us the pictures or list that u made..;-)

Madhu Sree
20th March 2014, 06:33 PM
Hello nithi.. oh yeah it goes well with dosa too :)

how was ur party? do upload pics if u hv ... :)

Madhu Sree
20th March 2014, 06:34 PM
Suvai, am doing good :) oh super i love kathrikai podi kari.. yummm.. :)
oh no, sankatahara chathurthi viradham irukkum podhu idhai ellaaam ninaikkoodadhunu ennai control pannikaren :lol2:

uwitiusoj
20th March 2014, 09:09 PM
Nithi I saw you post only Sunday otherwise I would have suggested one must dish to be a veg biryani and your muslim style kathrikai salna for biryani I make it often and all guest appreciates the combo. hope the party went well

uwitiusoj
20th March 2014, 09:10 PM
nov annava kanome :confused2::confused2:

uwitiusoj
23rd March 2014, 09:53 AM
I get these fresh Amarnath leaves quite often but every time I try internet recipes doesnt taste good and I regret for wasting such a fresh keerai. Any one any recipes please?. If you have 2 varieties please share both of them as i need to add these type of keerais in my diet.

Thanks in advance.

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2824/13344774954_f618125b40_z.jpg

suvai
23rd March 2014, 05:34 PM
hi madhusree....romba quiet ah.....u seem to be adding a new title to your belt....."Good Cook"...;-) for I tried your curry with some multi flour(s) dosai.....it was really really good....amma recipes are awesome ms.....thank her & u too for generously posting it...:-)

suvai
23rd March 2014, 05:39 PM
Sangeetha.......this keerai the thandu plus a few leaves can be used in any type of morekuzhambu (without any garlic ginger masala variety).....thirunelveli morekuzhambu......or even palakad morekuzhambu will be good for this type of keerai...

leaves vachi oru simple /super /regular /poriyal pannalaamey......with thengai or without thengai.... regular keerai maathriye pannitu.....side la u can soak a little payatham parruppu in water.....then drain water & add to keerai...cover & cook...romba tasty ya irukum....enjoy!

uwitiusoj
26th March 2014, 12:00 AM
thanks suvai.

Have never tried this keerai morkuzhambu will try it. In general i like keerai in all other forums except poriyal and specially now with the little one hormones I hate keerai poriyal even more.

suvai
26th March 2014, 06:36 AM
sangeetha, intake of keerai in any form is good....if u dont like poriyal....u can always make other stuff like kootu / sambar la keerai pottu seiyalaam...u can also make like fried rice adding keerai to it....also add keerai to adai / pesaret......u can add to soups too....keerai kuzhambu panni saapidavum...nalla irukum....can also made keerai cutlet....for snack...ipadi neetikitey pogalaamey list ah...:noteeth:

uwitiusoj
27th March 2014, 12:16 AM
ivlo vidama keerai seiyalama, thanks for the ideas. adai good idea forgot. fried rice can imagine it will be good. Keerai kuzhambu recipe mudinthal podavum.

uwitiusoj
27th March 2014, 12:21 AM
ivlo vidama keerai seiyalama, thanks for the ideas. adai good idea forgot. fried rice can imagine it will be good. Keerai kuzhambu recipe mudinthal podavum.

NOV
27th March 2014, 06:47 PM
Hi ladies, how is everyone? Sorry for my absence... hope K forgives me :roll:

ok, let's all enjoy this hearty breakfast...

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3746/11247326833_0f99d56b4f_z.jpg

uwitiusoj
27th March 2014, 10:41 PM
Nov anna kanavillai arikai newspaperla podalamnu ninaichen :-D correcta vandutel aayisu nooru ungaluku.

NOV
30th March 2014, 07:16 PM
http://static.ilyke.net/uploads/2014/02/22/sub/47380-ilyke.net-large-47380-iB6hlbD.jpg

suvai
30th March 2014, 07:41 PM
nov ngov... unique idea.....tumai irukumey :noteeth:

breakfast picture super o superrrrr

suvai
30th March 2014, 07:52 PM
sangeetha...vendiyakeerai kuzhambu seiyaraamaathriye any keerai pottu seiyalaam...i just add the keerai to regular kuzhambu last to retain its nutrients...i never allow any keerai to boil too much....all keerais that cook quickly... last la add pannuven....i guess each to ones own suvai :noteeth:

suvai
30th March 2014, 08:09 PM
I tried this potato roast which turned out suvai o suvai.........maybe you all could give it a try & enjoy too!

Urulai - nalla variety Yukon is good for this

cut into cubes.....in a kadaai...add oil ( i used nallenai )...add in the washed drained cut urulai....ellaamey medium slow fire thaan cooking...it will take time but the end product is really good.
to this add turmeric/salt sprinkle little water add karuvepilai ...stir / cover / cook.

in the mean time take little cinnamon/perunjeeragam (very little) / mint & corriander leaves...ithai nalla araichikonga....

see to it that the taters all cooked well till slightly roasted...now add chilli powder stir well till it coats all the cubed taters....now add the araithu vaitha stuff...stir well....add salt...cover & cook ....till it gets roasted

thayir sadam / rasam or even chapathi ipadi ellaathukum good.........:smile:

Madhu Sree
31st March 2014, 11:11 PM
:slurp: Yummmmmmmmmmmmm... suvai thx for the recipe... I ll try and tell u ;)

uwitiusoj
2nd April 2014, 10:04 PM
hello suvai,

then according to ur advice i will follow this recipe for the keerai and let you know the results

http://cooksjoy.com/blog/2011/12/vendhaya-keerai-kuzhambu-methi-leaves-in-tamarind-gravy.html

thanks for the yummy potato recipe read pannum pode i can imagine the taste. too many pending recipes to try, ungloda feedback pathadum i want to try madhushrees dal veg curry recipe evenmore, today i will make it for chapati.

NOV
3rd April 2014, 06:41 AM
http://www.malaysiakitchen.us/content/uploads/2014/03/cardamom-seeds.jpg

Cardamom Butter Pilaf with Cashews and Raisins

Ingredients:
3½ cups Long grain white basmati rice
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste (blend ¼ cup ginger with ¼ cup garlic)
3 sprigs onions, chopped
8 whole green cardamom pods, crushed
3 cloves
1 cinnamon stick
2 star anise
½ cup raisins
½ cup cashews
½ teaspoon ground turmeric
4 cups good quality vegetable broth

Preparation:

Wash the rice by gently rubbing it with your fingers in a bowl filled with water. When the water becomes cloudy, drain the water and keep repeating the process until the water is clear. Drain and set the rice aside.

Heat the butter in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Add the ginger garlic paste, green onions, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, star anise and sauté until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add the raisins and cashews and cook until raisins are golden. Add the washed rice and turmeric.

Sauté until the grains turn a little whitish in color, about 3 minutes. Pour in the chicken stock and gently stir for 30 seconds. Reduce the heat to low, cover with a tight fitting lid, and cook without stirring, for 20 minutes, or until all the broth is absorbed and the grains are tender and fluffy.

Remove the rice from the heat. Discard the bay leaves and gently fluff the rice with a fork. Serve warm.

- See more at: http://www.malaysiakitchen.us/recipes/cardamom-butter-pilaf-cashews-raisins/#sthash.fJXdJZeI.dpuf

Madhu Sree
3rd April 2014, 05:59 PM
Nice one Nov :)

suvai
5th April 2014, 05:37 AM
hope u tried from that link the keerai kuzhambu sangeetha!

nov ngovvvv looks like a very simple one to make....pannita poguthu :smile:...ty ngov

nithishri
9th April 2014, 01:28 AM
Hi All,
Been on and off in checking the forum. Sorry All.
For all those you had asked what I ended making for that day party
1. Chilli idli - Starter
2. Bagara Baigan
3. Cauliflower Kadai Gravy
4. Naan
5. Simple Brinji saadham
6. Variety rice - Made coconut rice, curd rice and Lemon sadham
6. Brought some frozen samosa for snacks.
7. Icecream and Jamoon for dessert.

suvai
12th April 2014, 07:34 PM
so iniki k kitchen la enna kalakalappu nadathalaam??? :noteeth:

ok intha banana bread came out well for me....maybe u can try too ;-)

spelt flour - about 1 & 1/4 cup...naan konjam jasthiyavey pottuten as i wanted to finish the flour ;-) maybe 1 & half cups
butter half a stick about 3 tablespoon melted nu vachikongalen or 1/2 cup
milk 1/2 cup & a little more to get the cake consistency
baking powder 1 & 1/2 tsp
very ripe bananas two - mashed
almonds half a hand full about 2 Tblspoonful..coarsely curshed ( ithu venumna podunga enkita irunthichi wanted to finish that too so that it can be replaced with fresh ones)..u can also add sunflower seeds ;-)
sugar...add as per your taste....i added about 1/2 cup.....neenga add accordingly more. ( as the bananas are also sweet )
a pinch of salt

mix dry ingris & sieve
now add in the wet ingris

mix well till everything is well in corporated

now grease a bread pan....& bake it for 20to 30 mins depending on yr oven ( 210 degrees centgrd)...slow fire u can control the browning of the cake sareengala....try panni paarunga...

U can test if the bread is done by inserting a knife...if it come out clean...violaaaa its done!!

another time another recipe....till then.....keep having more fun in the kitchen..:noteeth:

NOV
13th April 2014, 08:19 AM
Malay Appam

500 g white flour
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 cups water
11 g yeast mixed with 1/2 cup water
Coconut flakes with a little salt

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1.0-9/10006592_527636680678478_512084708900073918_n.jpg

Mix flour with sugar.
Add the yeast mixture.
Add water a little at a time and mix till there are no lumps.
Line a 10 inch pan with some oil.
Pour batter in pan and leave it for an hour to rise.
Steam for 40 - 45 minutes.
Wait till its completely cool before cutting.
Serve with seasoned coconut flakes.

chinnakkannan
14th April 2014, 05:56 PM
//2. Bagara Baigan// பகாரா பைங்கன்னா..என்ன..ஒரு நிமிஷம் பயங்கர பைங்கன்..பயங்கரக் கத்தரிக்காய்னு நினச்சு பயந்துட்டேன் :)

nithishri
15th April 2014, 04:00 AM
//2. Bagara Baigan// பகாரா பைங்கன்னா..என்ன..ஒரு நிமிஷம் பயங்கர பைங்கன்..பயங்கரக் கத்தரிக்காய்னு நினச்சு பயந்துட்டேன் :)

Lol ..Ha..ha.. ha

mexicomeat
15th April 2014, 03:18 PM
அஞ்சப்பரின் தமிழ்ப் புத்தாண்டு சிறப்பு விருந்து-ONLY ON 14/04/2014

anjappar sydney

1 பலாப்பழ பாயாசம்
2.சர்கரைப் பொங்கல்
3.எலுமிச்சை சாதம்
4.தேங்காய் சாதம்
5.சப்பாத்தி
6.அவியல்
7.வடை குருமா
8.காய்கறி மண்டி
9.வாழைப்பூ வடை
10.பருப்பு உருண்டை குழம்பு
11.உருளை பட்டானி பொறியல்
12.அண்ணாசிபழ ரசம்
13.மோர் குழம்பு
14.வெள்ளை சாதம்
15.தயிர்
16.முருங்கை காலிஃபிளவர் சூப்
17.காய் கறி பச்சடி
18.மேங்கொ லஸ்ஸி
19.அப்பளம்
20.துவையல்

அனைத்தும் $20/- ALL 20 ITEMS $20/ ONLY

NOV
16th April 2014, 06:47 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BlUrWqwCMAEcO1O.png:large

dev
20th April 2014, 07:04 PM
Hi all... long time.... nice to see the hub kala kala with suvai...:) Looks like K has been away for a long time now... :think: Hope to see her back in the hub soon...

NOV
22nd April 2014, 06:24 PM
https://scontent-a-kul.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t31.0-8/10258160_782256338453389_4355325442286903346_o.jpg

madhu
23rd April 2014, 10:01 AM
Even with Capsicum too....

NOV
23rd April 2014, 10:02 AM
:clap:

uwitiusoj
24th April 2014, 09:22 PM
I tried this potato roast which turned out suvai o suvai.........maybe you all could give it a try & enjoy too!

Urulai - nalla variety Yukon is good for this

cut into cubes.....in a kadaai...add oil ( i used nallenai )...add in the washed drained cut urulai....ellaamey medium slow fire thaan cooking...it will take time but the end product is really good.
to this add turmeric/salt sprinkle little water add karuvepilai ...stir / cover / cook.

in the mean time take little cinnamon/perunjeeragam (very little) / mint & corriander leaves...ithai nalla araichikonga....

see to it that the taters all cooked well till slightly roasted...now add chilli powder stir well till it coats all the cubed taters....now add the araithu vaitha stuff...stir well....add salt...cover & cook ....till it gets roasted

thayir sadam / rasam or even chapathi ipadi ellaathukum good.........:smile:

suvai it turned out so great. i think i burnt a bit but still taste was good. my pic was taken in hurry. flickr was giving problem so attached it.

uwitiusoj
24th April 2014, 09:23 PM
hope u tried from that link the keerai kuzhambu sangeetha!

nov ngovvvv looks like a very simple one to make....pannita poguthu :smile:...ty ngov

yes i did try the kulambu and it was good. liking it this way but was not able to use the entire bunch.

uwitiusoj
24th April 2014, 09:26 PM
hello all hubby had march april allergy . so all errands on my shoulders incl serving everything in his hands. was too busy and tired of all these. he is better from weekend so enjoyed all these 3 days browsing and watching tv.

pls excuse my uninformed leave.

uwitiusoj
24th April 2014, 09:32 PM
dev welcome back to the forum. hope we can expect new recipes from you. i have tried many recipes of yours and mentioned it earlier. dalcha, uppu parupu, brinjal potato curry, arisi parupu sadam, cabbage rice, spicy noodles were tomato is grinded. many sattu idellam gyabagam vandadu. also the links u give for tried and tested recipes.

i think K will be happy to see all of you back.

uwitiusoj
24th April 2014, 09:33 PM
madhushree unga dal curry innum try panna mudila but its in my memory for long time. try pannadum pic post panren.

uwitiusoj
24th April 2014, 09:38 PM
suvai unga bread so tempting. if i dont get gestational diabetes i will surely try. they will test it in few weeks. hoping for the best. :think:

uwitiusoj
24th April 2014, 10:09 PM
vegetarians please share how you include the following from food sources. i have mentioned how i do

Vitamin B12

Fermented foods like neer agaram, hope idli also has, curd.

milk and eggs (i eat eggs)

Zinc

Sunflower seeds, nuts like cashews , peanuts have little beans and lentils have only little

Iron

The type of iron vegetarians get is nonheme which is not absorbed readily. it does with the help of vitamin C which we get from fruits. all dark green leafs, raisins, dates, prunes, figs,quinoa have little. seasoning with iron vessels. after doing all this i will always be diagnosed as anemic. which means still these things are not enough.

Protein

Even though our dal, beans have protein in them its always combined with carbs so total calories shoot up also its not helping weight reduction. is it good to eat non fat milk? they say non fat milk are highly processed so that they cud remove fat molecules. tofu also has only 7 grams protein for a serving size. egg just 6 gms with all the fat.

I am vegetarian from child hood but my hubby turned vegetarian for 8 months. he is putting on weight with vegetarian food, hair started falling and getting gray hairs. also white dry patches in legs which one friend (Dr) told is lack of Zinc.

any vegetarians out there who have achieved muscle mass and fat reduction in body? please share your tips. my hubby is diabetic but from type 1 it became type 2 and a year back even without tablets it was normal due to healthy diet with lean meat fish and vege food. now he turned to vegetarian and putting on weight also blood sugar not as balanced as it was before.

comparatively i see a majority of non vegetarians have good hair though there are rare cases.

i know this is not the forum to discuss but since i find many vegetarians over here i thought i will ask.

Hemant Trivedi
25th April 2014, 03:35 PM
I want to know what happened to Kugan madam who is daughter inl law of my dear departed sister.
I see her fans posting on her behalf.
Dev, nice to see you back.

NOV
29th April 2014, 06:13 PM
https://scontent-a-kul.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/t31.0-8/823552_10152845929539848_8547389917489393714_o.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/t31.0-8/10317789_10152845929819848_9104647896560821560_o.j pg

Ginger and Cinnamon are spices for well being found in Malaysian food.
Here are 5 ways to use Ginger and Cinnamon together....

1. Ginger and Cinnamon boil them in water before adding tea leaves

2. Grind Ginger and Cinnamon, saute in the pan before adding pasta sauce...you get a delicious deep flavor in your pasta

3. Saute Ginger and Cinnamon before adding Chicken....your dish will be aromatic and layered with flavors

4. Ginger and Cinnamon ground together makes a delicious spice for cake or pancake batter...you don't need all that sugar use spice

5. Ginger and Cinnamon is delicious in cookies kids love....a healthy version with raisins and nuts ...cut the sugar

suvai
4th May 2014, 06:15 AM
Hi all... long time.... nice to see the hub kala kala with suvai...:) Looks like K has been away for a long time now... :think: Hope to see her back in the hub soon...

ahaaaaa.....edunga melathai...thattunga thalathai....paadunga... vaanga vaanga nu....to welcome dev...:-) romba naal aachithaan ungaluku oru hi solli....:smile:

I hope k will also surprise us by coming sometime dev....:-)

suvai
4th May 2014, 06:21 AM
hello sangeetha.....i am so happy that u tried the potato & the picture looks perfect ...just like how i do..;-)
u seem to be a master chef with recipes.....:smile:....good luck with many more...

keerai kuzhambu sumar ah vanthicha...athaan picture podalaiya....:noteeth:...i searched & that was the site that looked & sounded good......keerai i use more for kootu & poriyal only....like today i made swiss chard & spinach to make poriyal...ipadi mix & match....thaan namma kitchen la...:noteeth:...with poriyal & kootu one cannot go wrong....its good to take some form of keerai every day..........

dev
4th May 2014, 09:07 PM
Thanks a lot for the warm welcome Sangeetha, Hemantji n Suvai...:) I don't think I can be regular to the hub for now... but will def post some recipes when I find time...

& yes, I too would like to know the reason for K's looooooooong absence...

NOV
5th May 2014, 06:42 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t31.0-8/1400803_772376982774658_1919425261_o.jpg

Vegetable Burger

Ingredients: (Makes 4)
2 large potatoes; boiled, peeled and mashed,
1 cup boiled peas and carrots (in small pieces),
1-2 cheese cubes,
1 tsp red chilli flakes (paprika),
1/2 tsp dry mixed herbs,
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp fresh and coarse bread crumbs,
Salt and pepper to taste,
Oil or butter for frying.

Method:
Heat oil for frying in a pan (you can choose to deep fry the patties in a wok). Mix together all the other ingredients in a bowl (exclude the 1/2 cup bread crumbs). Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions, roll each into a ball and then flatten them a little. Spread the bread crumbs in a flat dish, place each patty onto them, flatten them further by pressing them in the bread crumbs. Flip and coat them well with bread crumbs from the other side as well as the edges. Prepare all the patties in the similar way and then fry them on medium flame till crisp and golden-brown from both the sides.

Serving Suggestions:
1. This patty is ideal for burgers. So get those burger buns, spread mayonnaise, mustard paste, place lettuce leaves, tomato and onion slices, a patty, cover and serve. Since this recipe is not spicy, this could be on your menu for your child’s birthday party.
2. Place this patty in between buttered brown/multigrain bread loaves with lettuce, cucumber-tomato-onion slices and prepare a nice sandwich.
3. Prepare small size patties and serve as appetizers or snacks.

PARAMASHIVAN
9th May 2014, 03:12 PM

Good to see you back, it has been years! Hope all is well with you! How is dieting going :lol2: :yessir:

PARAMASHIVAN
9th May 2014, 03:56 PM
Any vegetarians out there who have achieved muscle mass and fat reduction in body?

Naama irukumla :)

1) Ask him to go on Liquid Protein Diet

* Whey Protein
* Casein (pure milk Protein)
* Pea Protein
* Soya protein

Liquid Protein digest sooner and has a less Carbs to Protein ratio, compared to Solid protein.

2) Ask him to pump iron! Weight training increases your metabolic rate, while resting (sleeping). While Cardio
Only burns calories while you work out. If one loses weight purely by Cardio, once you lose weight. You will get loose skin hanging; hence Weight training is a must to tone up!

3) Ask him to drink 2 litres of water a day

4) Avoid Salt!

5) ask him to go gym and train at least 5 times a day!

6) Avoid alcohol

Sangeetha akka

For further info, please see this topic I have started under the name of Raghu!

http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?736-Any-Fitness-Freaks-out-here

uwitiusoj
17th May 2014, 09:17 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t31.0-8/1400803_772376982774658_1919425261_o.jpg

Vegetable Burger

Ingredients: (Makes 4)
2 large potatoes; boiled, peeled and mashed,
1 cup boiled peas and carrots (in small pieces),
1-2 cheese cubes,
1 tsp red chilli flakes (paprika),
1/2 tsp dry mixed herbs,
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp fresh and coarse bread crumbs,
Salt and pepper to taste,
Oil or butter for frying.

Method:
Heat oil for frying in a pan (you can choose to deep fry the patties in a wok). Mix together all the other ingredients in a bowl (exclude the 1/2 cup bread crumbs). Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions, roll each into a ball and then flatten them a little. Spread the bread crumbs in a flat dish, place each patty onto them, flatten them further by pressing them in the bread crumbs. Flip and coat them well with bread crumbs from the other side as well as the edges. Prepare all the patties in the similar way and then fry them on medium flame till crisp and golden-brown from both the sides.

Serving Suggestions:
1. This patty is ideal for burgers. So get those burger buns, spread mayonnaise, mustard paste, place lettuce leaves, tomato and onion slices, a patty, cover and serve. Since this recipe is not spicy, this could be on your menu for your child’s birthday party.
2. Place this patty in between buttered brown/multigrain bread loaves with lettuce, cucumber-tomato-onion slices and prepare a nice sandwich.
3. Prepare small size patties and serve as appetizers or snacks.

Super !

uwitiusoj
17th May 2014, 09:25 AM
thanks suvai. i am such a big fan of this forum. I will for sure try all the recipes posted by you all if not immediately within few days. I have never been such loyal to any site. step by step pic, video va vida neenga kodukara instructions thaan best.

oh combining 2 keerais is a gud idea too.

this recipe turned out good with the red amarnath leaves

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7q6Cw7nXn8

I am so glad dev told that she will post some recipes when ever she can. :yes:

dev the links u give for some recipes were also good i have tried many , its like master chef giving certificates. so pls do post whenever u get time.

uwitiusoj
17th May 2014, 09:32 AM
everyone pls forgive me past month i was chatting a lot over the phone vetti aratais, and could not come to the forum often. two close friend of mine are pregnant at the same time too so ore aratais. lot of things pending due to this new habit :ashamed::ashamed:

uwitiusoj
17th May 2014, 09:46 AM
Naama irukumla :)

1) Ask him to go on Liquid Protein Diet

* Whey Protein
* Casein (pure milk Protein)
* Pea Protein
* Soya protein

Liquid Protein digest sooner and has a less Carbs to Protein ratio, compared to Solid protein.

2) Ask him to pump iron! Weight training increases your metabolic rate, while resting (sleeping). While Cardio
Only burns calories while you work out. If one loses weight purely by Cardio, once you lose weight. You will get loose skin hanging; hence Weight training is a must to tone up!

3) Ask him to drink 2 litres of water a day

4) Avoid Salt!

6) Avoid alcohol

Sangeetha akka

For further info, please see this topic I have started under the name of Raghu!

http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?736-Any-Fitness-Freaks-out-here

thanks PS thanmby. good to see you back. my husband has this gnc protein powder, but never heard of liquid protein. from the link given by you looks like you are or were a gym instructor . i just glanced the link lot of exercise discussion , will go through in detail later.

but do pls keep posting abt health and food related stuffs when ever you get time, i do read and follow them.

suvai
18th May 2014, 05:41 AM
"thanks suvai. i am such a big fan of this forum. I will for sure try all the recipes posted by you all if not immediately within few days. I have never been such loyal to any site. step by step pic, video va vida neenga kodukara instructions thaan best."

sorry dont know how to quote paathi message...lol so i copied & pasted sangeetha.

Glad you are enjoying this forum :-)

hahahah ....pic video va vida en instructions best??....sareeyapochi .....recipe try pannitu sollunga if instructions were good nu..:noteeth:..okyaa!!....hope u r keeping well...

suvai
18th May 2014, 05:50 AM
Iniki i tried something different with muttai kose.....though not a fan of it...do the regular poriyal with it

oil...kadugu...ulutham parrupu....sivanthathum....oru vara milagaai & karuvepillai....then cut cabbage....medium / slow fire la nalla thirupunga....add turmeric & little perungayam....stir again....dont sprinkle water....but cover & cook by adding salt....apo apo paarthukonga....ozhunga vegaraaraa nu okyaa...( engaluku crunchya iruntha pidikum ) so glazed look vanthathum......chinna vengayam....fine ah naruki podunga...oru pachai milagaayum round round ah cut panni poddunga....ithu rendum enkita cut panninathil konjam meethi irunthathaal potten.......nalla thirupi vidunga...ellaam onna sernthu "hello" sollanum....:noteeth:...then add.........(lime) konjam pizhinjikonga....switch off & keep it covered....for a bit....taste panni paarunga...pidichithaanu ezhuthunga....(maybe not all will like this.....but we did :noteeth: )...it went well with chapathi ;-) parupu rasam

rajraj
18th May 2014, 09:22 AM

You mean 5 times a week? If he goes 5 times a day he will be a skeleton in no time ! :lol:

netrikkaN thirandhaalum kutraam kutramE ! :)

PARAMASHIVAN
19th May 2014, 03:23 PM
thanks PS thanmby. good to see you back. my husband has this gnc protein powder

Don't try that powder , I tried it before , we have a store near my office, their brand is not that good!
I buy from here myprotein.co.uk ( I am not sure if they will deliver to US )
I drink about 50g of liquid protein for BF, then a snack(Fruit/nut) then again another Protein shake, then for lunch salad/pasta then around tea time another protein shake, then for dinner some protein food again like ( soya, Dal soup)
Make sure he drinks loads of water, and stay away from salt.
This is the liquid Protein I drink It is 100% condensed milk
http://www.activesportsnutrition.co.uk/met-rx-rtd-55-protein-500ml-8.htm?utm_source=googlemerchant&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=googlemerchant&gclid=CJzU0bTat74CFZQZtAod5zoAbg
I am still a Gym Instructor (P/T) and full time software developer! But I enjoy the gym more
There are lots of posts about food and nutrition on the healthy living thread on this food sections please go through them
Ok, now the above advice requires consultation fee, all payments must be send to Kailash ! :lol2: :yessir:

PARAMASHIVAN
19th May 2014, 03:24 PM
You mean 5 times a week? If he goes 5 times a day he will be a skeleton in no time ! :lol:

netrikkaN thirandhaalum kutraam kutramE ! :)

Vannga NakeerarE :lol2:

rajraj
20th May 2014, 07:28 AM
Ok, now the above advice requires consultation fee, all payments must be send to Kailash ! :lol2: :yessir:

As heavy snow fall? :lol:

PARAMASHIVAN
20th May 2014, 02:37 PM
As heavy snow fall? :lol:

:poke: How have you been uncle ?

PARAMASHIVAN
20th May 2014, 06:43 PM
Sangeetha akk

Pls check your PM

nithishri
23rd May 2014, 03:35 AM
Don't try that powder , I tried it before , we have a store near my office, their brand is not that good!
I buy from here myprotein.co.uk ( I am not sure if they will deliver to US )
I drink about 50g of liquid protein for BF, then a snack(Fruit/nut) then again another Protein shake, then for lunch salad/pasta then around tea time another protein shake, then for dinner some protein food again like ( soya, Dal soup)
Make sure he drinks loads of water, and stay away from salt.
This is the liquid Protein I drink It is 100% condensed milk
http://www.activesportsnutrition.co.uk/met-rx-rtd-55-protein-500ml-8.htm?utm_source=googlemerchant&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=googlemerchant&gclid=CJzU0bTat74CFZQZtAod5zoAbg
I am still a Gym Instructor (P/T) and full time software developer! But I enjoy the gym more
There are lots of posts about food and nutrition on the healthy living thread on this food sections please go through them

Ipdi protein a adichu thaluneenga na naangellam protein ku enga poradhu. JUst kidding..

PARAMASHIVAN
23rd May 2014, 02:27 PM
Ipdi protein a adichu thaluneenga na naangellam protein ku enga poradhu. JUst kidding..

:lol2: :)

dev
23rd May 2014, 08:27 PM
Good to see you back, it has been years! Hope all is well with you! How is dieting going :lol2: :yessir:

All fine...:) how have u been?... I see that u r still the same protein shake PS...;) Keep going...:D

dev
23rd May 2014, 08:29 PM
Sangeetha, congrats and all the best on ur pregnancy...:) Naan master chef ellam illengo... I'll try to post/give links for recipes I try n like...

dev
23rd May 2014, 08:33 PM
Iniki i tried something different with muttai kose.....though not a fan of it...do the regular poriyal with it

oil...kadugu...ulutham parrupu....sivanthathum....oru vara milagaai & karuvepillai....then cut cabbage....medium / slow fire la nalla thirupunga....add turmeric & little perungayam....stir again....dont sprinkle water....but cover & cook by adding salt....apo apo paarthukonga....ozhunga vegaraaraa nu okyaa...( engaluku crunchya iruntha pidikum ) so glazed look vanthathum......chinna vengayam....fine ah naruki podunga...oru pachai milagaayum round round ah cut panni poddunga....ithu rendum enkita cut panninathil konjam meethi irunthathaal potten.......nalla thirupi vidunga...ellaam onna sernthu "hello" sollanum....:noteeth:...then add.........(lime) konjam pizhinjikonga....switch off & keep it covered....for a bit....taste panni paarunga...pidichithaanu ezhuthunga....(maybe not all will like this.....but we did :noteeth: )...it went well with chapathi ;-) parupu rasam

Suvai, just add salt, turmeric, fine chop g. chillies,curry leaves to fine choppd cabbage and let it sit for 15 mins or so. Then heat oil, add thalippu stuffs, add cabbage along with the water it has oozed out and keep covered on low flame and cook... u can also add some coconut scrapped if u like...

suvai
25th May 2014, 07:11 AM
hello dev....:-) ty for a new tip ...will surely try it the next time i make cabbage ;-)

uwitiusoj
28th May 2014, 03:56 AM
dev and suvai thank you for the cabbage recipes. i do have some cabbage at home. will try and post the result.

uwitiusoj
28th May 2014, 03:58 AM
:rotfl3::-D PS thamby thanks for all the tips. will buy this liquid protein from next time . evlo protein edukanama ellarum?

uwitiusoj
28th May 2014, 04:15 AM
made this vendaya saadham and it turned out great

http://spicy-south-indian-recipes.blogspot.com/2013/09/vendhaya-sadhamrice-fenugreek-rice.html

Dev it looks like its a koovai dish do you make this at your home?

uwitiusoj
28th May 2014, 04:19 AM
made this roasted bell pepper pesto pasta. I made with penne pasta. with simple ingredients it turned out so great.

http://kidszone.sailusfood.com/2011/07/14/roasted-red-bell-pepper-pesto-pasta/

PARAMASHIVAN
28th May 2014, 08:28 PM
evlo protein edukanama ellarum?

I do weight training, so I need 1 g of protein for 1lb of my body weight . Hence I do need this much protein (plus, I am a herbivore :) ) but people who don't weight train and ladies should consume around 70g of protein a day :)

rajraj
28th May 2014, 09:49 PM
I do weight training, so I need 1 g of protein for 1lb of my body weight .

500 g total? :)

PARAMASHIVAN
28th May 2014, 09:52 PM
500 g total? :)

Intha vayathilum, umOda lollu thaanga mudiyala :lol: I weigh 160ilbs(70kg), so I need to drink only 160g of protein :poke: :)

dev
29th May 2014, 07:47 PM
Suvai n sangeetha, u can add some capsicum to cabbage poriyal... add it towards the end-when cabbage is abt 80% done...

Sangeetha, I've never heard abt this venthaya sadham... will give it a try...

NOV
12th June 2014, 06:43 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t31.0-8/10329885_796374327041590_2605200160790528325_o.jpg

Corn Bhel

Ingredients:
2 cups Sev, Salt to taste,1 Potato (boiled), 2 Onion (chopped) ,
4-5 Papdi (crushed) , 1 Tomato (chopped) , 1 tsp Green Chutney ,
1 tsp Sweet Chutney , ½ tsp Chat Masala ,½ Cucumber (chopped) ,
1 cup Corn Kernel (boiled) ,½ cup Coriander Leaves (chopped)

How to make Corn Bhel:

1. Cut potato into fine pieces.
2. Now, put boiled corn, potato, tomato, onion, cucumber, coriander leaves (1/4cup) and sev (1 cup) in a bowl. Mix them well.
3. Add chutneys, chat masala, salt and crushed papdi to the above. Mix well.
4. Garnish the bhel with remaining coriander leaves and sev.
5. Fresh Corn Bhel is ready to savor.

uwitiusoj
26th June 2014, 01:25 AM
dev, suvai unga rendu cabbage recipesum nalla vanduchu.

dev i tried it before u gave the tip of capsicum so could not try that. as u said lot of water oozed out and i fried it along with the water. kalyanathla poduvangale anda poriyla mathri vanduchu.

suvai yours went with chapati nicely.

thanks for the recipes.

uwitiusoj
26th June 2014, 01:30 AM
madhushree i tried this brinjal puli kothsu for arisi upma. naala irundadu.

http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?6801-Kugan-s-Kitchen/page81

thanks for the recipe

uwitiusoj
26th June 2014, 01:36 AM
friends i tried this recipe from internet on a rainy day. was very yummy with hot rice and ghee on top.

பூண்டு - மிளகுக் குழம்பு

தேவையானவை:

உரித்த பூண்டு - ஒரு கிண்ணம்,

தனியா - 3 டேபிள்ஸ்பூன்,

மிளகு - 2 டேபிள்ஸ்பூன்,

காய்ந்த மிளகாய் - 4,

உளுத்தம்பருப்பு,

சீரகம் - தலா 2 டீஸ்பூன்,

கடலைப்பருப்பு - ஒரு டீஸ்பூன்,

கறிவேப்பிலை - ஒரு கைப்பிடி,

புளி - சிறிய உருண்டை,

உப்பு - தேவையான அளவு,

நல்லெண்ணெய் - ஒரு டேபிள்ஸ்பூன்,

கடுகு - அரை டீஸ்பூன்.

செய்முறை:

கடாயில் தனியா, மிளகு, காய்ந்த மிளகாய், உளுத்தம்பருப்பு, கடலைப்பருப்பு ஆகியவற்றை வரட்டு வறுவலாக வறுத்து மிக்ஸியில் பொடிக்கவும். சீரகம், கறிவேப்பிலையைப் பச்சையாக அரைத்துக்கொள்ளவும்.

கரைத்த புளித்தண்ணீரில் கறிவேப்பிலை விழுது, வறுத்து அரைத்த பொடி, உப்பையும் போட்டுக் கட்டி இல்லாமல் கரைத்து வைத்துக்கொள்ளவும்.

கடாயில் அரை ஸ்பூன் எண்ணெய் விட்டு உரித்த பூண்டு சேர்த்து, லேசாகச் சிவக்கும் வரை வறுத்து தண்ணீர் ஊற்றி வேகவிடவும். வெந்ததும், புளிக்கரைசலைச் சேர்த்து, நன்றாகக் கொதிக்கவிடவும்.

கெட்டியானதும் இறக்கவும். மீதம் உள்ள எண்ணெயில் கடுகு தாளித்துச் சேர்க்கவும்.

மருத்துவப் பலன்கள்:

பசியைத் தூண்டி, செரிமானத்தைத் தரும். நோய்த் தொற்றைத் தடுக்கும். பூண்டுக்கு, கொழுப்பைக் குறைக்கும் தன்மை உண்டு.

uwitiusoj
27th June 2014, 01:53 AM
GARLIC TOMATO THOKKU
Ingredients:

500 grms red ripe tomatoes chopped

1 tsp turmeric powder

Little salt

80 grms tamarind, take thick juice, add to suit your taste

3 tbs chillie powder (more if you need )

1 tbs funugreek seeds roasted and ground

Salt to taste

To Season;

Little hing or perungayam

50 ml gingelly oil

1 tsp mustard seeds

1 tsp cumin seeds

1 tbs urad dal

1 tbs channa dal

10 pips of garlic sliced into two

1 sprig curry leaves

1 dry red chillie cut into pieces

Method:

In a non stick kuali add in the chopped tomatoes, turmeric and salt.

Cook on medium heat till the tomatoes turn mushy.

Add in the strained tamarind juice and cook till the raw smell goes.

Add in the chillie, funugreek powder, and salt to taste.

Cook for few minutes and remove.

Heat oil in a pan, add in the perungayam.

Add in the mustard seeds and cumin and let to crackle.

Add in the urad dal , channa and the garlic. Fry for a minute.

Add in the curry leaves and the cut red chillies.

Fry well and add to the cooked tomatoes.

Stir fry well and remove.

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3854/14534963833_d91724eff2.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/o9pumH)20140625_220918 (https://flic.kr/p/o9pumH)

NOV
28th June 2014, 08:34 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t1.0-9/10501980_816307901714899_1751636208142576917_n.jpg

BREAD CUTLET

Ingredients:
2 boiled potatoes
1 green chili (finely chopped)
1 inch ginger piece (chopped)
2 tblsp boiled peas (optional)
1/2 tsp red chili powder
1 tsp garam masala powder
1/2 tsp dry mange powder
1/2 tsp mustard seed
1 tsp oil
4-5 curry leaves (optional)
Salt to taste
4 slices of bread (remove the brown edges)
Oil for deep frying

Bread Cutlet
How to make bread cutlet Indian style
Remove the skin of the potato and mash it properly.
Heat 1 tsp of oil in a kadai/wok, add mustard seed and curry leaves. When mustard seeds start to splatter add mashed potatoes along with green chili, ginger, boiled peas, red chili powder, garam masla powder, dry mango powder and salt. Mix all the ingredients well and let it cook for 2-3 minute.
When the mixtures gets slightly cold start making small round balls it and keep them aside.
Now take water in the wide bowl and dip a single bread slice into it just enough, that the bread gets wet and then immediately take them out and with a hand press, drain out the excess water from the bread slice.
While still holding the pressed bread slice, place a potato ball in the center of the slice and let it cover the ball evenly. Then with a light hand press the ball flat and smooth out the edges.
Prepare the balls of the remaining bread slices and keep aside
Now heat oil for frying in a heavy bottomed pan, when the oil is smoky hot slow down the heat and fry two bread cutlet at a time. Then on medium flame fry them till golden in color from all sides.
Take them out on the kitchen paper and sprinkle chat masala over it.
Serve hot with green chutney.
Note: 1. Remember to squeeze out all the water from the bread otherwise it will create splatter in the oil.
2. Also ensure that bread ball is closed from all sides. Otherwise the cutlet might break in the oil.
3. You can add some veggies like finely chopped carrot, beans, sweet corn and onion in the potato mixture.
4. You can give any shape to them - oval, ball or heart shaped. You can shallow fry them in a flat tikki form.

Source: indianfoodforever

NOV
20th July 2014, 05:37 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bsr40xmIEAA0ZuH.jpg

suvai
20th July 2014, 08:41 PM
hello!!!...
nov ngov bread cutlet looks delicious....so does sangeethas tomato thokku...my recipe is also similar sangheetha.. ;-)

hope all are well..

here is a simple kari podi that i tried
2Tblspn Thaniya (corriandar seeds)
3/4 Tblspn kadalai parupu
1/2 Tblspn ulluntham parupu
red chillies to yr suvai - i added 4 ( konjam kaarama pannina nalla irukum )
varuthu vaitha thengai - 1 Tblspn

ellaathaiyum dry fry pannikonga....let it cool...then add thengai last & then grind it coarsely store it in a bottle.

This you can use for vazhakai/kathirikai/urulai/chenai/sepangkizhangu poriyals!!

The other method is...u can use oil & fry all ingris thanithaniya...then allow to cool add thengai last & podi panni vachikonga.. :-) rendumey nalla irukum...enjoy!!

rose75
26th July 2014, 10:52 AM
Here is the recipe, Mr. Mexicomeat.

Madhu annaa, here is another rasam for you.
It is very good if you have body pains, and feel some what feverish.
It has lot of medicinal values. Its botanical name is Piper Longum.
This recipe was requested by one of our hubbers, hope she sees it.
Thanks and take care, Kugan.

KANDATHIPPILI RASAM

Ingredients:

(A)
1 tsp pepper
3 sticks of kandathippli sticks
2 tsp toor dal
1 dry red chillie
Little ghee

(B)
1 lime sized tamarind, extract about 500 ml juice
Salt to taste
Little asafoetida powder

(C)
1 tsp ghee
½ tsp mustard seeds
1 sprig curry leaves

Method:
Heat little ghee and roast all the ingredients in (A)
Let it cool and grind it into a powder.

In a pot, add the tamarind water, salt and asafoetida powder.
Let it come to a boil till the raw smell goes.
Now add in the powder and bring it to boil, till it is frothy.

Heat a small pan with the ghee, add in the mustard seeds and let it splutter.
Add in the curry leaves, stir for a moment and pour it on the rasam.
Remove and if you like garnish it with coriander leaves.

This is how the kandathippili looks:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7058/7030992931_bf9471db68.jpg

NOV
26th July 2014, 11:35 AM
Welcome back Rose. :)

NOV
27th July 2014, 05:26 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t1.0-9/10530924_10152508348891840_3622290139110160228_n.j pg

NOV
6th August 2014, 05:53 PM
https://scontent-a-sin.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10410640_1473510172890637_393851726936088619_n.jpg ?oh=184d0038b8146b1b29e5f72974e44d34&oe=5433C12E

Chinese Crullers (Char Kueh)

Ingredients:

1 kg Wheat Flour (enough for 80 - 90 pieces)
1 cup sugar
2 tbsp Salt
2 teaspoon of baker's yeast (mauripan / instant yeast)
2 tablespoons vegetable fat / margarine (melted)
2 tablespoons of milk @ (if using condensed milk, less sugar 2 tablespoons)
1 tsp bread improver (to soften the dough)
700 ml water

Method:

1 Prepare a large container
2 Pour half of the water into the container
3 Add the sugar, salt, milk, yeast, bread improver, stirring well
4 Add the melted vegetable fat
5 Then add the flour and remaining water
6 Mix until smooth
7 Marinate for 1 hour / up to 2-fold increase
8 After resting the dough roll on a board sprinkled with flour
9 Cut lengthwise width of 2 fingers, press on the center of the dough with a chopsticks dipped first into the water
10. Fry in hot oil until golden brown, remove from oil and drain.

madhu
6th August 2014, 06:17 PM
Nov anna.. Chinese cullers-oda shelf life ethanai naal ?

NOV
6th August 2014, 06:23 PM
Nov anna.. Chinese cullers-oda shelf life ethanai naal ?orE naal .... :D :D :D

rose75
7th August 2014, 05:59 AM
Nov anna, you can freeze these cullers for a month in your freezer.
Deforst and microw wave for few seconds.

Here is a simple version:

250 grms plain flour
1/2 tsp instant yeast
1 tbs double action baking powder
2 tsp caster sugar
1 tsp fine salt

175 ml water
enough oil for frying.

The method is the same as yours.

dev
12th August 2014, 11:29 AM
Glad u liked it Sangeetha...:)

NOV
14th August 2014, 06:49 PM
Cendol .... specially for madhu anna!

https://scontent-b-kul.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t31.0-8/10496039_4153220327045_6230147030927442199_o.jpg

2 cups rice flour
1 cup corn flour
1 tablespoon water from limestone paste (sunnaambu)
2 glasses of water and pandan leaves.
1 bowl of ice

Here's how:

1. Put pandan leaves in blender and from that liquid, mix the two types of flour together with the lime water.
2. Place the mixture in a pan and cook over small flame, stirring constantly
3. Fill a basin with ice cubes and squeeze out the mixture using a large murukku press or just create one, using baking paper or tin foil.
4. You can referigerate this and keep it for a few days. Keep the cendol in the original water as it contains lime and will act as a preservative.

chinnakkannan
17th August 2014, 10:44 AM
Cendol naa கத்தாழையா?

NOV
17th August 2014, 10:49 AM
No. It's a dessert made from pandan or fragrant pine leaves

http://pics.davesgarden.com/pics/2008/10/09/fleurone/963640.jpg

chinnakkannan
18th August 2014, 10:17 AM
Sweet maathiriyaa. Thanks for the details nov

PARAMASHIVAN
4th September 2014, 09:41 PM
Kugan akka is missing for almost 9 months now, hope everything is OK !

NOV
5th September 2014, 06:20 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10653673_10204525502437936_3209621753078393750_n.j pg?oh=b4ba7b9a4130116f80b74997b698b0ef&oe=54905F48&__gda__=1418397278_e6a03e205f1fce58845edc6ad685508 3

NOV
8th September 2014, 06:16 PM
Corn Pudding

https://scontent-b-kul.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t31.0-8/p960x960/10636883_255463644577714_2614853529412007206_o.jpg

INGREDIENTS :

1 cup custard flour
1 and a half cups of milk
2 cups water
3/4 cup sugar
1 can sweet corn

METHOD :

Mix the custard powder, sugar, corn, milk and water.

Stir all the ingredients on medium heat, until it becomes thick and glossy.

Pour the pudding batter into a mould and let it cool before refrigerating. Serve chilled.

chevy
8th September 2014, 07:03 PM
Looks nice NOV. i have half a can of Custard Powder waiting to be finished. Might try this! its a strange combo..sweet corn and corn flour (custard flour).

NOV
8th September 2014, 07:10 PM
its a strange combo..sweet corn and corn flour (custard flour).Don't worry, it's a very common dish here in Malaysia. :)

NOV
12th September 2014, 05:39 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10660235_10152720510947629_1813243907617170534_n.j pg?oh=43a7e8701deb485eacd30cac71c2243d&oe=548E04C1&__gda__=1418389719_434c75eee078d1433be9c63b042f79e 0

Indian Crullers - another of my late mother's innovation.

Ages since I made it until the children started yearning for it. Anyone wants the recipe?

NOV
8th October 2014, 06:46 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t31.0-8/p640x640/1497849_468237853317444_7369262745839160191_o.jpg

FernGraebn
8th December 2014, 06:56 PM
Hello friends,

Missed logging into the forum for a while now.. I see that k akka is missing in action.. I hope all is well.. Is anyone in touch with her.. Please drop a word..

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Russellstr
1st June 2015, 01:56 AM
This is great, thanks for posting and keep it up!

play ginrummy (http://www.gamecolony.com/gin-rummy.shtml)

itedisinezadi
26th February 2016, 05:46 PM
Thanks you so much for posting the thread that shows what are the essential ingredients needed to prepare this dish, i recently had a similar dish at Manipal,Karnataka when i lodged in Country Inn. check out http://www.countryinns.com/manipal-hotel-ka-576104/indcimp when you visit Udupi.