PDA

View Full Version : Eega / நான் ஈ - Nani - Santhanam - Sudeep - Samantha - S.S.Rajamouli

Pages : 1 [2]

HonestRaj
2nd August 2012, 11:05 PM
mErEkO bee Ek kerchief daaliyE... big screenmEin wOhcheez dhEknaa..
kuk.. kuk.. kuk.. kuk.. kuk.. kuk.. kuk.. kuk.. laalaala laalaala la.. laalaala la la..

HonestRaj
2nd August 2012, 11:07 PM
periya hero nadicha mass masala padatha rasichu parthuttu vandhu one of its kind'mbainga.. adhu enna kind'ngradhu avangalukkuthan velicham..
aana endha oru star power'um illama makkaL palarukkum pidicha madhiri padama edutha adhula kurai kandupidippanga..
unarchi surandal padangalukku indha padangal evvalavo mel.. 2 1/2 mani neram.. semai jolly'ah pOchu.. kadaisiya endha padam ippadi nan theater'la parthenne nyabagam illai..
avar solramadhiri padam edutha investment'i yaru thiruppi tharuva :roll:
indha padam makkaLukku thavaraana visayathai edhuvum solli tharalaiye.. adhu varaikkum idhu nalla padam than..

joe
3rd August 2012, 07:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfqDjOW2Njk

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
3rd August 2012, 11:21 AM
Bimmer, haalowoodla mattum enna vaazhuthaam? titanic is a mega budget love story. Independence day & 2012 both are this olagam azhiyapovuthu and Berikkaa president saving the whole world(ennaa villathanam!) They too have highly reetitive themes and templates. I saw Naan E and you have to appreciate just for its creation and execution.

Intha EE saving those affected by Nuke Plants, inthappadam laam vanthu hit aana, appuram Naaraanayanasaamy pellow will release a bag full of EEs in Koodankulam and say that its a security measure. OK vaa Gnaani! Olarrathukkum oru limit venaam?!? naansans :evil:

selvakumar
3rd August 2012, 12:05 PM
I think NOV and for that matter Gnani are correct but they should understand Rajamouli and telugu cinema's background. For a film industry where only masalas are welcomed and preferred by people, you can't expect something to change overnight. Rajamouli has come a long way from his mass movies to this level. Read and understand with that context.

kid-glove
3rd August 2012, 01:06 PM
IQ level of people who enjoy Naan-E, Endhiran. :lol2: They're embracing the same commercial masala potboiler genre with metaphysical and Sci-Fi 'reincarnations'.

kid-glove
3rd August 2012, 01:13 PM
KG2, more or less, no worse than 'God bless America' of your Marvel Comic adaptations.

E portions of Naan-E, last 30 minutes of Endhiran >>>> anything in Iron Man, Transformers

kid-glove
3rd August 2012, 01:19 PM
N-E, Endhiran - fighting over a woman who do not give the reincarnated prop any meaning?

Hollywood potboilers are about saving the US of A, hence saving the whole of mankind.

HonestRaj
3rd August 2012, 05:46 PM
Bimmer, haalowoodla mattum enna vaazhuthaam? titanic is a mega budget love story. Independence day & 2012 both are this olagam azhiyapovuthu and Berikkaa president saving the whole world(ennaa villathanam!) They too have highly reetitive themes and templates. I saw Naan E and you have to appreciate just for its creation and execution.

Intha EE saving those affected by Nuke Plants, inthappadam laam vanthu hit aana, appuram Naaraanayanasaamy pellow will release a bag full of EEs in Koodankulam and say that its a security measure. OK vaa Gnaani! Olarrathukkum oru limit venaam?!? naansans :evil:

Naan Ee padathoda trailer parthadhum neraya pEr sirichanga..
padam blockbuster aanadhum advice panna aarambichuttanga..

idhuthan ulagam..

joe
3rd August 2012, 06:03 PM
I think NOV and for that matter Gnani are correct
correct in what ? :huh:

HonestRaj
3rd August 2012, 06:15 PM
when big actors who has a big pull of audience are not ready to take social issues in their movies.. how u all can expect a director who experiments without any big star to do all the social awarness.. that too it is not a straight tamizh film.. the film is mainly targeted for Andhra audience.. whatever they got from Thamizh, Malayalam are bonus

joe
3rd August 2012, 06:22 PM
the film is mainly targeted for Andhra audience.. whatever they got from Thamizh, Malayalam are bonus
In what way , It is degrading Tamil audience ? It is way better than many crap tamil movies coming .

HonestRaj
3rd August 2012, 06:33 PM
In what way , It is degrading Tamil audience ? It is way better than many crap tamil movies coming .

not at all..
i said.. telugu audience like more masala & gimmicks atleast 1% more than thamizh audience.. that might be the reason for a mass hero kind of subject..
yes it is better than many tamil movies.. thats the reason for my long opinion / review i posted..

Thirumaran
3rd August 2012, 07:16 PM
All the major frontline actors are giving craps afters craps, even the top praised directors are giving craps in the name of different cinema.. and people here are expecting a movie taken with EE in main role has to take a extra ordinary story.. :rotfl2:

Just imagine the effort the director would have put to make the movie super entertaining.. chanceless...all the so called big directors of tamil has to join him as assistant on how to take an interesting movie.. and for a bed time story people expecting logic, etc, etc is :rotfl2:

This director is fantastic i would say :thumbsup: So called big heroes vachchi flops kodukkira kaalathula, EE a vachchi rendu state janangala theater kulla katti poadura talent.. :notworthy:

bimmer
3rd August 2012, 07:26 PM

Sakala- I beg to differ, to me an E taking revenge can be watched for 10 minutes. I would rather watch Tom and Jerry. As I said there were a few good moments in the movie to enjoy like E exersicing and irritating Sudeep to a certain level.

To me after sometime the E became a nonsense, trust me there are other ways to finish E than just a Hit. All I am saying is there will be another bunch of jokers already thinking about a Sequel for E or thinking about Naan Thavalai, Naan Cockroach or even an Naan Kosu - IMO kosu is more irritaing than E.

bimmer
3rd August 2012, 07:27 PM
All the major frontline actors are giving craps afters craps, even the top praised directors are giving craps in the name of different cinema.. and people here are expecting a movie taken with EE in main role has to take a extra ordinary story.. :rotfl2:

Just imagine the effort the director would have put to make the movie super entertaining.. chanceless...all the so called big directors of tamil has to join him as assistant on how to take an interesting movie.. and for a bed time story people expecting logic, etc, etc is :rotfl2:

This director is fantastic i would say :thumbsup: So called big heroes vachchi flops kodukkira kaalathula, EE a vachchi rendu state janangala theater kulla katti poadura talent.. :notworthy:

I knew that you would enjoy this movie more than Rajamouli, Kids love these movies. and we know what your intentions are on the first two lines.

joe
3rd August 2012, 08:10 PM
Oru E -ya vache ithanai peroda kaduppai kiLappiyiruppathe periya vishyam :)

joe
3rd August 2012, 08:14 PM
another bunch of jokers already thinking about a Sequel for E or thinking about Naan Thavalai, Naan Cockroach or even an Naan Kosu - IMO kosu is more irritaing than E.
Kalaachutaaraam :lol: pinna E-kku Prequel -a edukka mudiyin ? :)

Thirumaran
3rd August 2012, 08:20 PM
Oru E -ya vache ithanai peroda kaduppai kiLappiyiruppathe periya vishyam :)

+1...

preethamm
3rd August 2012, 08:36 PM
Entertainment factor than USP ya for Naan E -Ice age or Madagascar dubbed in tamil is more entertaining/engrossing with chennai tamil IMO.People should have watched rajamouli's past craps except magadeera before praising him just becos he gave decent entertainer eega(his best)

Thirumaran
3rd August 2012, 08:39 PM
People should have watched rajamouli's past craps except magadeera before praising him just becos he gave decent entertainer eega(his best)

Past movies vachchi thaan oruththar padaththa rasikkanumnaa once again inga niraya paeroada movies kaelvikkuri aagidum.. this appreciation is for this movie alone. that is all.. Of course magadheeraa also good :thumbsup:

bimmer
3rd August 2012, 08:40 PM
Kalaachutaaraam :lol: pinna E-kku Prequel -a edukka mudiyin ? :)

Kalaikaleenga - everybody is entitled to their opinion. en prequel edukka mudiyatha?

It has always been a trend in Indian movies to follow footsteps of a successful movie.

Thirumaran
3rd August 2012, 08:42 PM
:rotfl2:

bimmer
3rd August 2012, 08:44 PM
^^^ TM, you alright

joe
3rd August 2012, 09:03 PM
I didn't even know who is Rajamouli before the release of Naan E .I don't bother how were his previous movies. Basically I am not a big fan of animated movies.
But Naan E impressed me not just for the animation work ,but the gripping entertainment with more of technical work with the budget restriction.

HonestRaj
3rd August 2012, 09:07 PM
^^^ TM, you alright

TM missunderstood about the "trend-footsteps" & "successful movie"

Thirumaran
4th August 2012, 07:51 AM
For this week end.. Number of shows in and around Chennai is nearly 70. This is only for the theater where online booking available. After 4 weeks still running strong. Tremendous victory. :2thumbsup: Nalla padangal Collection websites oada crap reports illaamalayae saathikka mudiyum :thumbsup:

Fame National: Arcot Road, Chennai

09:30 AM12:30 PM03:40 PM07:00 PM10:10 PM

INOX: Chennai Citi Centre, Dr. R. K. Salai

10:05 AM12:45 PM06:50 PM10:15 PM

Sangam Cinemas

12:00 PM
3:30 PM
7:00 PM
10:15 PM

Rakki Cinemas

11:30 AM
2:00 PM
4:30 PM
10:00 PM

Abirami Mega Mall

1:15 PM
4:15 PM
7:15 PM

Devi Karumari A/C

6:45 PM
9:45 PM

Vettri Theatres

6:30 PM

AVM Rajeswari A/c dts

3:00 PM
6:30 PM

Sri Ganga Theatre A/C Dts

11:45 AM
2:45 PM
6:45 PM
10:05 PM

Rohini Complex

3:00 PM

Sri Murugan Cinemas - Ambattur

11:40 AM
3:05 PM
6:40 PM
10:05 PM

SATHYAM - Serene| 10:50 am Elite/120
SATHYAM - 6Degrees| 01:10 pm Elite/120
SATHYAM - Santham| 03:45 pm Elite/120 Prem/115
SATHYAM - Santham| 07:00 pm Elite/120 Prem/115

ESCAPE - Streak| 09:15 am Elite/120
ESCAPE - Plush| 03:40 pm Elite/120
ESCAPE - Weave| 10:10 pm Elite/120

S2PERAMBUR - Screen-4| 09:50 am Elite/120
S2PERAMBUR - Screen-4| 01:00 pm Elite/120
S2PERAMBUR - Screen-4| 04:15 pm Elite/120
S2PERAMBUR - Screen-4| 07:20 pm Elite/120
S2PERAMBUR - Screen-4| 10:30 pm Elite/120

Mayajaal
D 11:30 AM D 12:20 PM D 2:10 PM D 3:00 PM D 4:50 PM D 6:00 PM N 7:30 PM
N 8:40 PM N 10:15 PM N 11:20 PM

Chandran - dts
D 2:30 PM N 6:15 PM N 9:45 PM

Shanti - A/C
D 12:30 PM D 3:30 PM N 6:45 PM N 10:00 PM

selvakumar
4th August 2012, 08:36 AM
For a telugu film industry, films like Yamadonga and Sye are too good. Even for *normal* people, they are good movies unless someone wants to wear the hypocritical tag.

selvakumar
4th August 2012, 08:37 AM
Joe,

Unlike you, I have seen all movies of Rajamouli. I have seen how he is slowly deviating from mainstream telugu cinema one step at a time. He may not be a great director for some. But I feel he will go places in the future if he continues to deliver good movies. Mariyadha ramanna and Naan E are one stop towards that. NOV and Gnanai expect him to do that just like what they expect from a tamil film director. I don't find fault in that since they need not view things with a background. That was my point.

selvakumar
4th August 2012, 08:57 AM
IQ level of people who enjoy Naan-E, Endhiran. :lol2: They're embracing the same commercial masala potboiler genre with metaphysical and Sci-Fi 'reincarnations'.

Intha commentukku yaarum reply panna porathullannu ninaikiren. While I don't agree with Kid, I also don't understand people embracing this while projecting themselves as people who are dead against masala movies. Anyway, hub la ithellam saatharamnamappa :lol:

selvakumar
4th August 2012, 09:00 AM
BTB, I read Bimmer's post again. It seems people DON'T have the stomach to accept even mild criticisms on the movie. Their TARGET SEEMS TO BE OBVIOUSLY DIFFERENT. கடுப்பு யாருக்குன்னு பார்த்தா :wink: :)

ajaybaskar
4th August 2012, 09:15 AM
Naan Ee also had a good run in Porur Gopalakrishna. Only this week, they've changed the movie if I am not wrong. Sakuni ran for a week in that theatre.

SenGOEk
4th August 2012, 09:38 AM
In Sathyam cinemas even after 4 weeks run , this weekend they are screening special show for Naan EE...

NOV
4th August 2012, 09:43 AM
Intha commentukku yaarum reply panna porathullannu ninaikiren. While I don't agree with Kid, I also don't understand people embracing this while projecting themselves as people who are dead against masala movies. Anyway, hub la ithellam saatharamnamappa :lol:
Hope you find my views consistent :lol:

cokepepsi
4th August 2012, 10:52 AM
Naan ee gripping kudos to the gang :clap:

P_R
4th August 2012, 10:54 AM
Context theriyaama uLLa irangurEn....

As long as the internal logic (loaded word!) is maintained a film can be made enjoyable.
Any film that does not earn the interest, and expects to be given a handicap simply because it is made for a 'lower' standard should be rightfully ridiculed. Dabangg-ai ellAm unselect paNNavENdiyadhu jananAyaga kadamai.

"idhu masala padamnga...idhula ivvaLO dhaan edhirpArkkalaam...pArththu seinga" type pleas should be summarily dismissed.
Chris Nolan is a masala director. But then when he overdoes it, even he is dismissed. michavanga ellAm emmAthiram.

Naan E, was torture till the fly appeared. appadiyE padam irundhirundhA, masala- romance-nu ellAm perundhanmaiyA rasikka mudinjirukkAdhu. After that, it became like an inventive Tom&Jerry marathon. That was fun. Well done.

idhai rasichchA udanE ellA masala padangaLaiyin rasichE aagaNumnu ellAm solla mudiyAdhu :poke:

kid-glove
4th August 2012, 01:42 PM
Calling this Tom and Jerry is severely underselling it.

ajithfederer
4th August 2012, 01:45 PM
Seriously do you know his previous filmography???.

ajithfederer
4th August 2012, 01:51 PM
Wasn't Yamadonga the same as Sr. Ntr's flick?. Yes Sye was good for a college based youngster's action flick.
M'dheera the idea was good but execution wise fails way behind Naan EE. And it had too much unbearable stunts.

For a telugu film industry, films like Yamadonga and Sye are too good. Even for *normal* people, they are good movies unless someone wants to wear the hypocritical tag.

ajithfederer
4th August 2012, 01:53 PM
And TM's selective bashing of big hero films is :lol2:. oru maasathukku munnadi sivakumar family lerndhu oru padam vandadhu. The funny fact about that film is it is a remake of Dhool. Appolaam annan escape :lol2:

Siv.S
4th August 2012, 01:56 PM
Full time Theatres and show timings checking than pola :rotfl2:

ajithfederer
4th August 2012, 01:56 PM
And kid you made a post on BB's fly episode and this film. Please write more if you have something or point me to that post.

Calling this Tom and Jerry is severely underselling it.

Plum
4th August 2012, 01:59 PM
idhai rasichchA udanE ellA masala padangaLaiyin rasichE aagaNumnu ellAm solla mudiyAdhu
:lol: - yOv avanavan prachnai avanavanukku.

ajithfederer
4th August 2012, 02:05 PM
Care explain the hi-lited word please.

Context theriyaama uLLa irangurEn....

As long as the internal logic (loaded word!) is maintained a film can be made enjoyable.
Any film that does not earn the interest, and expects to be given a handicap simply because it is made for a 'lower' standard should be rightfully ridiculed. Dabangg-ai ellAm unselect paNNavENdiyadhu jananAyaga kadamai.

"idhu masala padamnga...idhula ivvaLO dhaan edhirpArkkalaam...pArththu seinga" type pleas should be summarily dismissed.
Chris Nolan is a masala director. But then when he overdoes it, even he is dismissed. michavanga ellAm emmAthiram.

Naan E, was torture till the fly appeared. appadiyE padam irundhirundhA, masala- romance-nu ellAm perundhanmaiyA rasikka mudinjirukkAdhu. After that, it became like an inventive Tom&Jerry marathon. That was fun. Well done.

idhai rasichchA udanE ellA masala padangaLaiyin rasichE aagaNumnu ellAm solla mudiyAdhu :poke:

ajithfederer
4th August 2012, 02:09 PM
Finally somebody bells the cat. Thanks kg.

joe
4th August 2012, 02:13 PM
IQ level .. Commercial movie .. Understanding ... Sabba . Mudiya :)

Thirumaran
4th August 2012, 02:17 PM
And TM's selective bashing of big hero films is :lol2:. oru maasathukku munnadi sivakumar family lerndhu oru padam vandadhu. The funny fact about that film is it is a remake of Dhool. Appolaam annan escape :lol2:

Surya movies paakuravanga ellaarukkum Sivakumar family movies maela eerppu irukkumngra understanding irukkae, mudiyala.. shabaa.. I thought u would be having some understanding on my past posts :roll: now all my comments are taken in only one sense that i am against Ajith.. All are human only right ?

Stanley, I had not seen Saguni and never had even a slightest interest in watching that movie.. and I am not a fan of Karthik.. I was bashing him several times though.. he is very much overrated in hub.. In fact my bashing on Aayiraththil oruvan is pretty famous here during that time I guess.. (now, there would be other group who would be keen in finding a reason for this too... i.e.. I dont like Karthik because, he would beat Surya some point, appadinnu oru view varum :rotfl2: )

boss, 7am arivu ellaam preview show paarthuttu vanthu 30 minutes layae negative views koduthitaen.. I did not even wait for the movie to run for the week end itself.. and after that i did not even had a slightest interest in watching that movie scenes also.

Full time Theatres and show timings checking than pola :rotfl2:

Oh show timings ellaam check panna full time spend pannanumaa.. :lol2: athu sari, eththanayo padaththu screenshot eduththu poadurathaala ellaarayum athe range layae eduthukka vaendiyathu :poke: but past few weeks ungalukku niraya time michchamaagi irukkum.. intha week end athukkum vaela illa :poke: but BW is there to come for a rescue :thumbsup:

Plum
4th August 2012, 02:19 PM
AF, Red is Git2 I think

Siv.S
4th August 2012, 02:49 PM
Past few weeks :lol2: no one here tried to Justify that it is a blockbuster material,the movie made its cost,profitable to many and loss to few here and there was the argument.. but people like you desperately attempting to give the disaster verdict is ridiculous,we have no other go other than use your own emoticons rotfl rotfl2 poke lol2 at you....there is not much different from TOIlet tabloids(at least they have a reason that they don't get the Interview from the actor) and people like you,Oru fieldworkyum pannama simple-aa flop-nnu sollidrathu.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
4th August 2012, 03:03 PM

Oh, inge sila perukku masala padam paakkurathe thappaayiruchaa?!? ponga thambi, poi Pather Panjali paarunga. Hope u haven't see that!

PozhuthupOkku, janaranjagamaana, suvaarasiyamaana, tharamaana, kudumathudan paarkkakkuudiya, puthumaiyaana padangaL nnu naanga solrom. Neenga Masala nnu ore vaarthayila mudichidreenga!

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
4th August 2012, 03:04 PM
Intha gumbalai ellaam kadathi koottittu poi, 80sla vantha "pallu veLaukkura" art film pottu kaattaNum. Ulagatharam baainga :banghead:

P_R
4th August 2012, 03:17 PM
Care explain the hi-lited word please.

"masala-naalum oru nyAya dharmam vENdAmA" 'nRadhu admissible question 'ngREn.
Naan E was decidedly outrageous in concept and executed well, which makes it palatable. This cannot simply be extended to say every sloppily made film, hiding under the pretext of being a 'masala' and demanding it be cut some slack, should be equally liked. That's all milord.

kid-glove
4th August 2012, 03:23 PM
And kid you made a post on BB's fly episode and this film. Please write more if you have something or point me to that post.

Nothing too particular.

But I was interested in knowing whether Rajamouli gaaru had seen it. The fly hatching out as a prelude to BB's bottle episode (best of all time?) 'The Fly', and the whole mechanics of Fly vs Walt in the episode, the setups, like a one act play in one set-up, I initially thought it was not CG. But it is..

http://www.fxguide.com/featured/Breaking_Bad_Entity_FX/

Mighty impressive. Actually I like the fact that in BB, there's no silly closeups of Fly's mass pose, dancing etc (rubbing of Tarsus after Walt's fall, the only exception). The initial parts of Fly hatching out is not CG (in Walt's place? The first and last shot are from his room.)

It's impressive to do this in Television.

Coming to Naan-E, I don't think it's as simple as people make out. To make a series of set-up's work purely on the psychology plane was impressive. Sudeep was impressive. The threat of the Fly seemed very real, with combination of shot-making and his acting. It is make-believe. But it was mostly make-believe without slapstick nonsense. To add CG Fly later in to the frame, would mean they had specifically storyboarded it. There's a vision and imagination in most of the shots. It's praiseworthy to my mind.

P_R
4th August 2012, 03:25 PM
Intha gumbalai ellaam kadathi koottittu poi, 80sla vantha "pallu veLaukkura" art film pottu kaattaNum. Ulagatharam baainga :banghead:
idhai romba naaLaa romba pEr sollittu irukkAn...last and finalA idhai pEsi theeththuraNum.
pallu viLakkura art film thamizh-la edhu..sollunga. Talk me. Talk. Talk.

The point is, everyone likes well made entertainers. But terrible, sloppy films trying to use being 'entertainers' as an excuse for being sloppy, needs to be called out. Every time.

michcha nadiharhaL paththi vENdAm.

Dasa is a sloppy film. VV is a big bore.
idhai sonnA udanE Mahanadhi dhaan pudikkum, pretentious-nu kaththappadaadhu.

Aboorva SagodargaL ellAm pArkkAma kaNNai moodikkittOmA enna?

kid-glove
4th August 2012, 03:30 PM
Feddy, Flu,

He'd be here in US timings. The guy's a thoroughbred Yank.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
4th August 2012, 03:30 PM
that pallu velakkura padam is Veedu, i think, Baalumahendra film. pallu velakking shown for few minits non stop, closeup (thats the shot, paste closeup aa kObaal palpodiyaa theriyala)

ungalukku ee pudiche aaganumnu avasiyam illa. pidichirukku nnu rasikkiravangalai yen kurai solreenga?!? It has(to an extent) bounced the recent film which got great obening.

Naanga, antha imagination ai, creativity ai rasikkirom. enna thappu?!? Ellaathukkum Abbusago va kondu vanthu compare panni, pass panninaa thaan ullaara viduveengaLaa?!?

kid-glove
4th August 2012, 03:31 PM
Hey Sakku, P_R liked EEEEE man..

OTOH KG2 :lol2: 'Find him, Kill him'

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
4th August 2012, 03:32 PM
Dasa is a sloppy film. VV is a big bore.

nEthu thaan Docter ai meet panninen. ugalukku 80s padamlaam vONaam. avarta aafanavar vittaa pothum.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
4th August 2012, 03:34 PM
Enakku Mahanadhiyum pudikkum, Dasa, VV, Naan EE ithugaLum pidikkum. of course ellaam ore type vehicle illa, athu vera. ithu enna maathiriyaana rasanai nnu neengaLe mudivu pannikkonga.

P_R
4th August 2012, 03:36 PM
Sahala, I like ee very much yA.

Selva, ee pudicchchA, podhuvA masalakkaL pudikkaNumnu conditionA sonnAr (nu purinjikittEn. I may have misunderstood, indha debate-Oda history thellEdhu). adhai thaan edhirththEn. I consider most of the so called masala films just an excuse to make terrible films.

As I have written earlier, even the much celebrated Ghilli, Ko, Dhool and all are quite ho-hum.
Ayan - exland. udanE Surya padam 'nRadhaala solRadhA sollappadaadhu :notthatway:
Adhavan-laam kaalakkodumai. TV-la pOttappOvE pAkka sahikkalai.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
4th August 2012, 03:42 PM
feeyaar, agree!

naanum selva voda intha comment kku thaan react pannen. btw, pallu velakkura padam is a taarchal for me!

Thirumaran
4th August 2012, 03:56 PM
Past few weeks :lol2: no one here tried to Justify that it is a blockbuster material,the movie made its cost,profitable to many and loss to few here and there was the argument.. but people like you desperately attempting to give the disaster verdict is ridiculous,we have no other go other than use your own emoticons rotfl rotfl2 poke lol2 at you....there is not much different from TOIlet tabloids(at least they have a reason that they don't get the Interview from the actor) and people like you,Oru fieldworkyum pannama simple-aa flop-nnu sollidrathu.

Fieldwork like how BW or other movie collection reports guys does ? :lol2: not interested, I know how to do a smart work.. Like how behindwoods / box office sites are exposed by giving super crap reports, there are few here too exposed themselves by supporting those crappines for the sake of it..

sari athellaam ethukku.. time to celebrate the real success of a well deserved movie, naan EE :thumbsup:

ajithfederer
4th August 2012, 04:54 PM
That was more in the general sense. While ee is still a great innovation it is still masala and people hailing this and bashing others for doing masala is absolute nonsense.

IQ level .. Commercial movie .. Understanding ... Sabba . Mudiya :)

ajithfederer
4th August 2012, 04:56 PM
Fair enough.

Surya movies paakuravanga ellaarukkum Sivakumar family movies maela eerppu irukkumngra understanding irukkae, mudiyala.. shabaa.. I thought u would be having some understanding on my past posts :roll: now all my comments are taken in only one sense that i am against Ajith.. All are human only right ?

Stanley, I had not seen Saguni and never had even a slightest interest in watching that movie.. and I am not a fan of Karthik.. I was bashing him several times though.. he is very much overrated in hub.. In fact my bashing on Aayiraththil oruvan is pretty famous here during that time I guess.. (now, there would be other group who would be keen in finding a reason for this too... i.e.. I dont like Karthik because, he would beat Surya some point, appadinnu oru view varum :rotfl2: )

joe
4th August 2012, 05:22 PM
That was more in the general sense. While ee is still a great innovation it is still masala and people hailing this and bashing others for doing masala is absolute nonsense.
AF,
Is there any specific definition for Masala ? I am not clear in this regard .. If somebody tell me the story of Ee before I watched the movie , definitely i would have thought it is crap .. Even now , If Ee replaced with a Ghost , It fits into a typical Telugu masala I understood ..But here characterization and visual of Ee make the huge difference ..Everybody know what is going to happen at the end and nobody expecting story line here ,but director managed to make the audience entertained just by visuals and the portrayal of villian character (and ofcourse the actor choosen justified it ).

One side being a great fan of serious movies like Mahanathi , I am a huge fan of commercial movies like Sathileelavathi , Apoorva sakotharargal as well .. So I think there is a difference between commercial movie and masala movie ..

and on top of everything , I shouldn't have a bias since the artists invloved in this movie were not even known for me before . I saw sudeep in celebrity Cricket and Rajamouli is known to me only after my Telugu colleague shown me the trailor of Eee.

Ofcourse , I am not a follower of Hollywood movies ,so I won't compare everything with Hollywood .

SoftSword
4th August 2012, 05:29 PM
AF, Red is Git2 I think
Kitti 2.0, red chip activated.

ajithfederer
4th August 2012, 05:40 PM
Joe adhu naan podhuva sonnadhu and i agree with everything u say. As far as i know there is no defn for masala.

AF,
Is there any specific definition for Masala ? I am not clear in this regard .. If somebody tell me the story of Ee before I watched the movie , definitely i would have thought it is crap .. Even now , If Ee replaced with a Ghost , It fits into a typical Telugu masala I understood ..But here characterization and visual of Ee make the huge difference ..Everybody know what is going to happen at the end and nobody expecting story line here ,but director managed to make the audience entertained just by visuals and the portrayal of villian character (and ofcourse the actor choosen justified it ).

One side being a great fan of serious movies like Mahanathi , I am a huge fan of commercial movies like Sathileelavathi , Apoorva sakotharargal as well .. So I think there is a difference between commercial movie and masala movie ..

and on top of everything , I shouldn't have a bias since the artists invloved in this movie were not even known for me before . I saw sudeep in celebrity Cricket and Rajamouli is known to me only after my Telugu colleague shown me the trailor of Eee.

Ofcourse , I am not a follower of Hollywood movies ,so I won't compare everything with Hollywood .

kid-glove
4th August 2012, 06:41 PM
Nothing too particular.

But I was interested in knowing whether Rajamouli gaaru had seen it. The fly hatching out as a prelude to BB's bottle episode (best of all time?) 'The Fly', and the whole mechanics of Fly vs Walt in the episode, the setups, like a one act play in one set-up, I initially thought it was not CG. But it is..

http://www.fxguide.com/featured/Breaking_Bad_Entity_FX/

Mighty impressive. Actually I like the fact that in BB, there's no silly closeups of Fly's mass pose, dancing etc (rubbing of Tarsus after Walt's fall, the only exception). The initial parts of Fly hatching out is not CG (in Walt's place? The first and last shot are from his room.)

It's impressive to do this in Television.

Coming to Naan-E, I don't think it's as simple as people make out. To make a series of set-up's work purely on the psychology plane was impressive. Sudeep was impressive. The threat of the Fly seemed very real, with combination of shot-making and his acting. It is make-believe. But it was mostly make-believe without slapstick nonsense. To add CG Fly later in to the frame, would mean they had specifically storyboarded it. There's a vision and imagination in most of the shots. It's praiseworthy to my mind.

So you reject right-wing Mainstream Hollywood influence, but parade the American TV influence. You utter Yank-hating hypocrite.

kid-glove
4th August 2012, 06:46 PM
Mr.Old Joe, Time for you and your buddies to update knowledge of American films and TV. To know where the idea and so-called creativity comes from. :poke:

KG-like pirate plagiarizing leech who feeds off us from outsourced IT to TV shows, should be an example to all of you.

selvakumar
5th August 2012, 03:27 AM
My comment was about the inconsistency people are showing in the hub with respect to their stand on commercial/masala movies. Posts followed by Bimmer's review were just made out of emotion with a clear target. It was funny because the same junta tries to criticize fanaticism and how fans react in their respective thread when someone posts a negative review.

They are even trying to be the *fans of Naan E*. What is the difference? Naan E kku negative review vae illama irukkanuma. Or they want everyone to accept it with age old crap 'this is better than all craps - so swallow it'. You know what a film is going to be when it is a pure masala and you can judge it from a distance. If you still go and waste your time because you don't prefer them, you are a stupid. My comment was about the *overall* context and not just with this.

BTB, I would like to remind Sakala's own review for some masala films in the last few years. :P Selective Amnesia I would say. Why am I even explaining this!?
For him, anything comes from the big two is OK but when others do similar ones it is crap. IMO, I only see consistency in NOV and Bala Karthik when they review a film. At least, they are clear (Bala's views on Kamal films excluded :P )

P.S: I liked Naan E. I even liked Raja mouli's films. My comment is on how people react here.

selvakumar
5th August 2012, 03:31 AM
Oh, inge sila perukku masala padam paakkurathe thappaayiruchaa?!? ponga thambi, poi Pather Panjali paarunga. Hope u haven't see that!

PozhuthupOkku, janaranjagamaana, suvaarasiyamaana, tharamaana, kudumathudan paarkkakkuudiya, puthumaiyaana padangaL nnu naanga solrom. Neenga Masala nnu ore vaarthayila mudichidreenga!

Naanga mudikaleenga.. It is you. Looking at your posts before few years and what you post now, it doesn't match. :lol:

Siv.S
5th August 2012, 10:47 AM
Fieldwork like how BW or other movie collection reports guys does ? :lol2: not interested, I know how to do a smart work.. Like how behindwoods / box office sites are exposed by giving super crap reports, there are few here too exposed themselves by supporting those crappines for the sake of it..

sari athellaam ethukku.. time to celebrate the real success of a well deserved movie, naan EE :thumbsup:
Your mind cant think anything other than Behindwoods,right? that is the only word you can use in each and every BO related posts... antha loopholes report mattum than safe ungalukku .. Billa2-va porutha varaikkum Kannukku ethira niraiya reports irukku..but its useless... again u will come up with ur lol2 poke rotfl2 posts...

LihDacRurdy
5th August 2012, 01:37 PM
Watched yesterday the spl program in pudhiya thalai murai a rajmouli spl.. and thought he is the director to roll out the tollywood ..!!

LihDacRurdy
5th August 2012, 01:37 PM
Nan e wonder full make.. oru ee vechi ipadi padam edukalamgradey oru directoroda vetri theriyudu

Parthyy
5th August 2012, 01:43 PM
grt going

bimmer
6th August 2012, 07:22 PM
Ennoda post a vechu comedy nadanthirukku. Valga Jananayakam

kid-glove
6th August 2012, 11:11 PM
Don't flaunt yourself. There was a mutiny out here between KG and I.

bimmer
6th August 2012, 11:30 PM
one dialogue from Oram po comes to mind.

Ennayaa Friendship. "E" um "_" um Friendship.

kid-glove
7th August 2012, 12:26 PM
Don't flaunt yourself. There was a mutiny out here between KG and I.

Ha ha. You are more Dixon Dix Steele than Philip Francis Queeg, think about it Boggie.

San_K
7th August 2012, 12:47 PM
fake id ellam poi ippo split personalities kalai kattuthaa ippo :lol:

kid-glove
7th August 2012, 12:48 PM
Inga yaarukku personality irukku split panna :lol:

San_K
7th August 2012, 12:50 PM
Naan Ee (Eega) is once in a decade film on the line of Patti Sollai Thattathey (Super car), Durga (monkey), Aattukkara alamelu (goat), Endhiran (robo). Enjoy this :)

San_K
7th August 2012, 12:51 PM
Inga yaarukku personality irukku split panna :lol:

:lol: I call k_g ver2 to handle you

hattori_hanzo
9th August 2012, 01:16 PM
Bad luck again. Sathyam / Escape tickets for this weekend got filled up before last night.. :-( PVP Cinemas must have made a killing by now. Hope they use it to promote their next movie ;)

interz
24th August 2012, 11:55 PM
http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/aug-12-04/naan-ee-ss-rajamouli-24-08-12.html

Congrats to Naani Team for succesfull 50 days at theatres. Hard work always pays off, way to go Rajamouli for making it a big budget movie than a small budget movie as planned.

VinodKumar's
25th August 2012, 12:40 AM
Bad luck again. Sathyam / Escape tickets for this weekend got filled up before last night.. :-( PVP Cinemas must have made a killing by now. Hope they use it to promote their next movie ;)

Innuma :shock: ?

otedoric
25th August 2012, 11:05 AM
Innuma :shock: ?

Bro, That was posted on 9th aug...
May be now the craze should ve diluted... not sure though....

SenGOEk
27th August 2012, 04:56 PM
TFU Kannan ‏@TFU_Kannan
After taking South India by storm, the fly heads North. #Eega Hindi version to release on September 21st by Reliance Pictures.

selvakumar
28th August 2012, 11:09 AM
Rajamouli :clap: Movie completes 50 days. :thumbsup:

hattori_hanzo
28th August 2012, 12:29 PM
VinodKumar & ManiVijay, Actually nelama innamum adhe maadhiri thaan irukku. Number of shows are reduced in Sathyam/Escape but weekend tickets are not available. Tried booking the tickets for last weekend but only the first 1 to 3 rows were available (Ithanaikkum I checked on Thursday). Let me try luck tomorrow.

ajaybaskar
29th August 2012, 09:45 AM
The film is still doing great. Yesterday's evening show was full in Fame.

NOV
29th August 2012, 10:02 AM
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/419855_493724853988915_1723196733_n.jpg

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
29th August 2012, 10:05 AM
:lol:

Senareb
8th September 2012, 05:38 PM
Kiccha Sudeep ‏@KicchaSudeep
Eega hindi version releasing on Oct 12th confrmd by SSR sir,,,,nwww,,tatsssss grttttt newsss...

Nerd
9th September 2012, 09:18 PM
Saw it yesterday. First 20 minutes or so was very blade / loud / crass / badly acted like typical Telugu movies. And the last 15 mins or so (save for the climox, I am talking about the tandra scenes) were very uninteresting and yawn-inducing. But the rest of the film was very imaginative. The EE's intro scene with the soap bubbles was kaala kaaminga saar type. I know that the jokes were just a mere extension of that dharmaththin thalaivan scene, but I thoroughly enjoyed them. And stunning graphics too. Definitely worth a watch for the wildly imaginative EE portions. The miniature masks / weight lifting etc,. fantastic. Rajmouli saar, well done. I never thought I would say this after watching Magadheeraa and this film's trailer.

Sam was very sweet but can't sinmayeee's tupping. I was like Sudheep with the EE inside my eardrums whenever Sam spoke.

joe
9th September 2012, 09:27 PM
Saw it yesterday.
Big screen ? or PC ? I am sure it makes a big difference .

Nerd
9th September 2012, 09:44 PM
On TV joe. Relatively large screen / home theater system etc., Usually that's how I watch movies.. Obviously nothing beats the theater experience, and I love watching movies on theater, but for people like us who are not blessed as much, this is the only way to watch movies.

kid-glove
9th September 2012, 09:57 PM
Yeah, This was especially meant for large screen experience.. But sufficiently large screen with good sound system, on good print, should still be good..

With Naan-E, SSR truly enhances and makes a wild move from Telugu cinema, which are uniformly blade / loud / crass / badly acted because it dispense its trademark 'mainstream hero' and gets an insect to fill in(thank god). Even Magadheera, which still has impressive aural-visual design and execution. But between N-E, Magadheera, latter is literally a waste in TV. N-E is still rather good, and imaginative. Because it goes beyond nice sets, elaborate mural-like feel.. Design, planning and production all truly deserving credit.

HonestRaj
9th September 2012, 11:17 PM
But the rest of the film was very imaginative. The EE's intro scene with the soap bubbles was kaala kaaminga saar type. I know that the jokes were just a mere extension of that dharmaththin thalaivan scene, but I thoroughly enjoyed them. And stunning graphics too. Definitely worth a watch for the wildly imaginative EE portions. The miniature masks / weight lifting etc,. fantastic. Rajmouli saar, well done.

bolded part nan mention pannirukkenu ninaikkiren

Sam was very sweet but can't sinmayeee's tupping. I was like Sudheep with the EE inside my eardrums whenever Sam spoke.

ellathukkum serthu oru :exactly: potukkaren :)

Senareb
12th September 2012, 01:26 PM
Kiccha Sudeep ‏@KicchaSudeep
Eega hindi version releasing on Oct 12th confrmd by SSR sir,,,,nwww,,tatsssss grttttt newsss...

Hindi version name , 'MAKHI'...

Senareb
12th September 2012, 07:43 PM
http://www.sify.com/movies/naan-ee-the-highest-collecting-bi-lingual-in-tamil-news-tamil-mjmqsBaaiff.html

Naan Ee-The highest collecting bi-lingual in Tamil!

Area - Gross Collection in Crores
1) Madurai Ramanathapuram (MR) = Rs 2,55,50, 739
2) Salem = Rs 2,55,70,728
3)Chengalpet = Rs 4,67,98,795
4) North Arcot = Rs 1,26,116,34
5) South Arcot = Rs 1,30,017,60
6) Tirunelveli Kanyakumari (TK) = Rs 1,07,155,98
7) Trichy Tanjore (TT) = Rs 2,66,93,751
8) Chennai =Rs 3,89,88,310
9) Coimbatore = Rs 4,47,02,168

Total =Rs 24, 46, 33,483

:clap:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
14th September 2012, 04:30 PM
http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/news/2012/09/naan-ee-collects-24-5-cr-50-days-161427.html

தெலுங்கில் தயாராகி, தமிழிலும் ஒரே நேரத்தில் வெளியாகும் படங்களில் புதிய சாதனையைச் செய்திருக்கிறது நான் ஈ.
ராஜமவுலி இயக்கத்தில் வெளியான இந்தப் படம் 50 நாட்களில் தமிழில் மட்டும் 24.5 கோடியை ஈட்டியுள்ளது.

ஏற்கனவே அனுஷ்கா நடித்த ‘அருந்ததி' தெலுங்கு படத்தை தமிழில் டப்பிங் செய்து வெளியிட்டனர். அப்படம் 6.5 கோடி வசூலித்ததுதான் இதுவரை சாதனையாக இருந்தது. தமிழகமெங்கும் ‘நான் ஈ' படத்தை 221 தியேட்டர்களில் திரையிட்டனர். இதில் 72 தியேட்டர்களில் 50 நாட்கள் ஓடியுள்ளது. சென்னையில் ரூ. 4 கோடியும், கோவையில் ரூ. 4.5 கோடியும், செங்கல்பட்டு ஏரியாவில் ரு. 4.5 கோடியும் வசூலித்துள்ளது.

Senareb
21st September 2012, 06:24 PM
Hindi version trailer..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG8jgqzZzRk&feature=player_detailpage

Senareb
21st September 2012, 07:12 PM
http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/full/659759364.jpg?key=500668&Expires=1348235810&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=SvgTcH0jZdADaYXfJHVme27fPZ1EkyRQsI5HLvKp vUEpOsgGcyll3N-h6mwcDa~LMxESTS8YCTZSqNJ5OHNxNVTtPdJKoDKqxeSmN-EKWAFeA3ZuReBxHL2Dvol8tQ5qolEmf4B0J8Ba7SxDxj-~wFS77uvlsQm0yujgfs7EWuA_v

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/full/659759067.jpg?key=500781&Expires=1348235922&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=fwYKgjfj3CtCV2h0GRWQMRv9NcxOT1kwwZEX8kmu aJTsn5tJR5-bpzzYXy80U74GnnUsMNyJJ3n097T5M5D4OgdNcFJozIKB3hKOQ nkqivpHfMVbik1hlNJ8hITnkVKGahk8b88mE0-2csIy6AgVEzllT6-9dx-d4UVAeqMVlzE_

Senareb
27th September 2012, 06:47 PM
rajamouli ss ‏@ssrajamouli
Ajay devgan watched makkhi last night.he was very impressed.He agreed 2giv the voice over 4 the father in the opening credits Thank you Sir.

balaajee
9th October 2012, 12:58 PM
Colleague’s taunt inspired Makkhi: Director- times of india

It was a colleague's challenge that prompted director SS Rajamouli to make a film with a housefly playing the hero. In his soon-to-release film Makkhi, the dubbed version of Telugu blockbuster Eega, a murdered lover is reborn as a super fly to take revenge.
So, what made him turn housefly into hero? Rajamouli says, "A contemporary once told me that I only make films with superstars, to ensure box office success. I took it up as a challenge and decided to make a film with a housefly as the protagonist. The live action animation was a learning experience. Thankfully, the Telugu film was a huge success and it silenced my detractors." He adds, "Eegawas actually my father's idea. After that remark by my colleague, when I was thinking of making an experimental small-budget film, I decided to go ahead with it. The results are there for everyone to see."
The Tamil and Malayalam version of Eega, Naane and Eecha respectively, were hits, too. In his career spanning 12 years, Rajamouli has directed nine Telugu films. Two of his Telugu hits have been remade in Hindi — Rowdy Rathore and Son Of Sardaar. His Magadheera (2009), which stars southern superstar Ram Charan, is also slated to be remade in Hindi.

Makkhi, being released in Hindi by Reliance Entertainment, is produced by Sai Korrapati and D Suresh Babu. Starring Nani, Sudeep and Samantha Prabhu, it releases on October 12.

balaajee
11th October 2012, 11:23 AM
SS Rajamouli birthday Oct 10- belated happy birthday wishes

groucho070
11th October 2012, 11:36 AM
Finally watched it. Very enjoyable I say. Sadism on our side makes the villain's suffering a great joy to watch. I didn't mind the poor CGI. Good, fun script.

ajaybaskar
14th October 2012, 10:05 AM
Naan Ee celebrates a grand 100 in TN. Truly a staggering effort!! Kudos to SSR and team. :clap:

selvakumar
14th October 2012, 11:52 AM
Finally watched it. Very enjoyable I say. Sadism on our side makes the villain's suffering a great joy to watch. I didn't mind the poor CGI. Good, fun script.
:D Glad.. Raja Mouli should be careful now.

selvakumar
14th October 2012, 11:53 AM
SS Rajamouli birthday Oct 10- belated happy birthday wishes
/dig
born on Oct 10th :shock: and that too in 73. No wonder he is *dominating* and delivering consistent hits.

ajaybaskar
14th October 2012, 11:56 AM
Why ya? What's special about Oct 10th?

selvakumar
14th October 2012, 12:05 PM
Why ya? What's special about Oct 10th?
<dig>
In numerology, it is so+so+so.........so *SPECIAL*. October - 10 (Sun). If you are born on 1, 10, 19 and 28, the power just doubles. Out of that, 10 is more powerful than all other three numbers. Added to that *all dominant* personalities were born in the 20th century when the sum of the last two digits of the year was 10. In the case of Rajamouli, it is an amazing formulation.. 10 - October (10) - 19 (which is again ten) 73 (which is again ten but this one makes it even more powerful).
10-10-"10""10".

Let us take sivaji sir - 1 - October (10) - 19 (which is ten again), 28 (which is ten again)
1 - 10 - "10" "10"

Bill gates - 28 - October - 1955

and the list goes on.....

P.S: not for people who don't believe in astro and numerology. Take it as a joke or whatever :)
Above analysis is mine. So, you have every to laugh if you know numerology :wink: </dig>

selvakumar
14th October 2012, 12:10 PM
Ajay anna, when is your birthday. Forgot the exact date :wink: Neengalum october ah :P

HonestRaj
14th October 2012, 12:25 PM
<dig>
In numerology, it is so+so+so.........so *SPECIAL*. October - 10 (Sun). If you are born on 1, 10, 19 and 28, the power just doubles. Out of that, 10 is more powerful than all other three numbers. Added to that *all dominant* personalities were born in the 20th century when the sum of the last two digits of the year was 10. In the case of Rajamouli, it is an amazing formulation.. 10 - October (10) - 19 (which is again ten) 73 (which is again ten but this one makes it even more powerful).
10-10-"10""10".

Let us take sivaji sir - 1 - October (10) - 19 (which is ten again), 28 (which is ten again)
1 - 10 - "10" "10"

Bill gates - 28 - October - 1955

and the list goes on.....

P.S: not for people who don't believe in astro and numerology. Take it as a joke or whatever :)
Above analysis is mine. So, you have every to laugh if you know numerology :wink: </dig>

selva.. ennoda dob pm pannirukken..
nanum konjam muyarchi panren.. idhu varai nallathan irukken..
nambikkai irukku

Mr.GreyShirt
14th October 2012, 12:46 PM
I don't know why people love this movie so much...

HonestRaj
14th October 2012, 12:53 PM
fun filled entertainment.......

ajaybaskar
14th October 2012, 01:02 PM
Selva,

Yes. I am an October born too. 24th Oct,81

balaajee
17th October 2012, 07:31 PM
Anupama Chopra's review: Makkhi

Rating: ****

Makkhi is the most outlandish film I've seen in years. It's also the most fun I've had in a theatre recently. This is the dubbed Hindi version of Eega, which was released earlier in Tamil, Telegu and Malayalam, but nothing has been lost in translation. Makkhi is the story of a young man named Jani who gets killed because he loves a girl coveted by a lecherous billionaire.

Jani is then reborn as an insect but he doesn't let his size get in his way. He takes revenge for his murder by slowly destroying the billionaire's peace of mind, his business and his power. It takes courage to pick a story as weird as this. Clearly writer-director SS Rajamouli is equipped with guts and a ferocious imagination.

First, he creates a creepy villain: Sudeep is wonderful as the baddie unhinged by a fly. Then Rajamouli imbues a fly with enough personality to take on this villain. It's a tightrope act, and there are times when you think the film has gone too far. At one point, the fly is communicating with his girlfriend by writing with her tears.

But Rajamouli keeps you hooked. By the end, I was clapping and rooting for the fly. How many films can get you emotionally invested in an insect? Makkhi is a mad roller coaster ride that's worth taking.

NOV
30th October 2012, 05:48 PM
The original for Naan Eee... :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQ7UTuMdia8

NOV
30th October 2012, 05:55 PM
Here comes the confirmation that its a copy ..... :rotfl:

Eega is not a copy of Cockroach: SS Rajamouli

Director SS Rajamouli, who is busy promoting Makkhi, the Hindi version of his recent blockbuster movie Eega, has denied the charges of copying 2010 Australian flick Cockroach. The Tollywood filmmaker says that Eega is completely an original story and he has no substantial proof to prove it.
SS Rajamouli's denial came when he was quizzed about it during a recent promotional event of the movie Makkhi in North India. The director said that Eega is a unique story created by himself, but he does not have any concrete evidence to prove. He added that he is disappointed by the parallels between Eega and Cockroach.
SS Rajamouli said that he has watched several Hollywood animation movies while making Eega. He has also watched Fluke, which is a revenge drama of dog. He added that Cockroach itself was a copy of director Carlo Carlei's 1995 English movie Fluke. The comparison between Eega and Cockroach has upset the director.
The critically acclaimed Tollywood filmmaker further said that he had penned the script of Eega before watching any of the Hollywood movies and it is just a coincidence that both have similar storyline. But SS Rajamouli insisted that Eega is an original piece written by himself.
However, Eega has done a wonderful collection at the domestic and international Box Office. Its Hindi version Makkhi has also garnered rave reviews from Bollywood superstar Shahrukh Khan, filmmaker Raju Hirani and director Rohit Shetty who recently watched the film at a special screening held in Mumbai.

mareen
30th October 2012, 05:58 PM
HAHA.... Trailer'e vaiche namma alunga full padam eduthutaanga!!

NOV
30th October 2012, 06:05 PM
http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/32297_521746557853411_1007120250_n.jpg

NOV
30th October 2012, 06:06 PM
HAHA.... Trailer'e vaiche namma alunga full padam eduthutaanga!!Cockroach is a romantic, black comedy. When Charlie is accidentally run over by his own wedding car, he is given another chance at life. Reincarnated as a cockroach he does everything in his power to convince his grieving widow that he has returned. He must woo her back or risk losing her forever!

uruzalari
30th October 2012, 06:16 PM
Here comes the confirmation that its a copy ..... :rotfl:

I believe we should give the benefit of doubt to SSR. The interview he gave to Rajeev Masand on CNN IBN over this issue looked genuine. At the worst you can call it an inspiration (Cockroach was a short film). The success of Naan E was it's execution and not the storlyine which was revealed in the trailer itself.
And no one except the maker itself will know the exact truth with respect to the originality of the idea.