PDA

View Full Version : Ilayathalapathy Vijay & A.R Muragadoss' Thuppakki

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14

Nasc
29th November 2012, 06:30 AM
as requested by cedy posting - what i see abt thuppaki run in my area

Thuppaki still going good in here in NE US..consistent 3 shows per day from diwali and still strong,first time seeing a tamil movie running daily shows continuosly ,usually its shown only on the weekends

VinodKumar's
29th November 2012, 06:45 AM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=523966364282426&set=a.116472375031829.18326.116249381720795&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf

SenGOEk
29th November 2012, 10:11 AM
TFU Kannan @TFU_Kannan
#Thuppakki clean sweeps FMS Territory (Foreign, Malaysia and Singapore) & It has grossed close to 15 Crs in 2 weeks. Awesome!

SenGOEk
29th November 2012, 10:12 AM
TFU Kannan @TFU_Kannan
#Thuppakki is not only a blockbuster here but also Super Hit in Overseas market too!

ajaybaskar
29th November 2012, 10:15 AM
S.Pillai tweet after 6 days said Thuppakki netted 45.6 C in TN and 4.65 C in Kerala
BO Mojo updates Malaysia collection after 6 days as 7.34 C
TFU Kannan tweeted that it collected around 4.5 C in Karnataka (First week)

Total = Around 62.09 C in 1 week.

================================================== ================================================== ====

Second Week

Chennai Box Office as on 25th Nov,12 (Behindwoods.com report): 4.58 C (9.42 C - 4.84 C)
US Collection was 2.51 C (Updated) as per ATMUS.
UK Collection is 1.68 C around second weekend as per Taran Adarsh
Aus Collection is 0.46 C as per Taran Adarsh
BO Mojo updates Malaysia collection during second week as 1.66 C

Grand total: 72.98 C

Second week collection in Rest of TN,Kerala,Karnataka + Collection details of AP,North India,Singapore and other overseas markets are to be known.

balaajee
29th November 2012, 10:15 AM
And when was the last time we saw the hero and villain meeting only in the climax?
pulan visaranai

SenGOEk
29th November 2012, 10:33 AM
Vidyut Jamwal : Vijay is an incredible dancer. Even everyone knows it. Vijay is one of the awesome actor ever i met. Apart from Acting & Dance, he is a good human being.

balaajee
29th November 2012, 11:19 AM
Vijay plans another bash for Thuppakki-times of India

Thuppakki is turning out to be the biggest hit in the recent years for Vijay and the star actor is planning to throw another party with the film making profit with each day. Thuppakki has made wonderful collections at the Tamil Box Office.

Vijay had earlier thrown a success party for the whole team to celebrate the success of Thuppakki and seemed to have specially invited the antagonist of the movie Vidyut Jamwal. The party was attended by many celebrities such as Vikram, director A R Murugadoss and all other crew associated with the movie.

Vijay is currently shooting in Mumbai for his next flick with AL Vijay with Amala Paul paired opposite to him. The actor plans to hold the party after once his shootings schedule for the movie gets over.

ajaybaskar
29th November 2012, 06:27 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/31570_446274355431252_136332003_n.jpg

ajaybaskar
29th November 2012, 06:35 PM
Harris engerundhu indha sattai ellam pidikkiraarunnu kekkanum

Mahen
29th November 2012, 07:16 PM
athuvum body fit vera :lol2:

arulraj
29th November 2012, 07:23 PM

Vera enga ajayBOSSkar , sudithar kadai la thaan ....meter meteraa vaangi vachirukkaar pola ;

CEDYBLUE
29th November 2012, 07:24 PM

Party ku pogumpothu, avar party wear thaan poduvaar :)

CEDYBLUE
29th November 2012, 07:25 PM
Actually very good snap...VJ is holding ARM and Shankar :)

arulraj
29th November 2012, 07:33 PM
Actually very good snap...VJ is holding ARM and Shankar :)

Have you watched one drinks glass in sofa ...?

CEDYBLUE
29th November 2012, 07:37 PM
Have you watched one drinks glass in sofa ...?

:) sorry boss atha miss panitaen :) but seriously, the snap shows the comradeliness that VJ shares with ARM and Shankar Ji

arulraj
29th November 2012, 07:42 PM
:) sorry boss atha miss panitaen :) but seriously, the snap shows the comradeliness that VJ shares with ARM and Shankar Ji

yaah left hand is for NANBAN and right hand is for GUN for GREAT 2012 celebration.

CEDYBLUE
29th November 2012, 07:47 PM
yaah left hand is for NANBAN and right hand is for GUN for GREAT 2012 celebration.

Nah...left hand for his next project, a full-fledged Shankar movie and VJ in it :thumbsup:

uruzalari
29th November 2012, 08:32 PM
Special Shows in Sathyam complex, EA and S2 even for this weekend :) :) :)

abhi_d
29th November 2012, 08:38 PM
Nah...left hand for his next project, a full-fledged Shankar movie and VJ in it :thumbsup:

I beg to differ. I dont want this project to happen for following reasons.

1) Shankar will swallow 2 years of Vijay's call sheet. VJ at this point of time should have a release at least every six months to reach the next level. Anniyan and Kandasamy almost ate Vikram's career. People forgot him and during this period Surya came in and conquered his place.

2) Shankar's scripts are same. They all revolve around corruption which has been discussed to death. Nothing new story wise.

3) He makes sure movie's budget shoots to the roof and even if the movie is a super hit it will only break even. Spends a lot of money on CG and songs. For instance in Nanban illeana song is not required at all then why to spend unnecessarily. May be in his next movie I he might have painted a flight with all rainbow colors for a song. God save the Oscar films.

I would prefer VJ to work with ARM again than Shankar.

Unless Shankar produces this movie (like Mudhalvan) and assures to complete it in less than 6 - 8 months then VJ is definitely taking a risk.

Hope for the best.

svaisn
29th November 2012, 09:04 PM
Andha snaple right sidele erukurathu ellam yaar :roll:

Kumaran.P
29th November 2012, 10:22 PM
Sreedhar Pillai Via Twitter :
Thuppakki is the third highest grosser.
https://twitter.com/sri50/status/274187224730451968
http://m.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-c.ak/hphotos-ak-prn1/21657_4459758684922_1711535256_n.jpg

CEDYBLUE
29th November 2012, 11:10 PM
I beg to differ. I dont want this project to happen for following reasons.

1) Shankar will swallow 2 years of Vijay's call sheet. VJ at this point of time should have a release at least every six months to reach the next level. Anniyan and Kandasamy almost ate Vikram's career. People forgot him and during this period Surya came in and conquered his place.

2) Shankar's scripts are same. They all revolve around corruption which has been discussed to death. Nothing new story wise.

3) He makes sure movie's budget shoots to the roof and even if the movie is a super hit it will only break even. Spends a lot of money on CG and songs. For instance in Nanban illeana song is not required at all then why to spend unnecessarily. May be in his next movie I he might have painted a flight with all rainbow colors for a song. God save the Oscar films.

I would prefer VJ to work with ARM again than Shankar.

Unless Shankar produces this movie (like Mudhalvan) and assures to complete it in less than 6 - 8 months then VJ is definitely taking a risk.

Hope for the best.

Agree with most of your points. But I would still want Vijay to make a full-fledged movie and with age still by his side, even if things go horribly wrong, Vijay can bounce back. But what if everything works fine?

Shankar's heroes are of two types:Star Heroes (Rajni, Kamal) and Dependable heroes(Vikram,Arjun,Prasanth,Prabhudeva,Vikram(of now)). Superstar and Ulaganayagan when they joined hands with Shankar, the result was almost unheard of in Tamil Cinema. When I watched Rajni in Baba d Chandramukhi, i thought i was seeing the last of him. Nobody can deny what Sivaji and Endhiran did to him and now it stands 1 and 2 in all-time lists.

The others in the Dependable ones are those who give an impression that they are perennially busy without setting the box office on fire. They are the ones who can afford the dates that a Shankar movie demands and they have everything to gain for. Arjun, Prasanth and Vikram of now are those heroes who were always busy and yet were more than happy to work with him.

As you rightly say, Vikram (during Anniyan) was probably caught in between. He was neither a superstar nor the second one. He was going through a purple patch and probably thought a Shankar movie was the pinnacle. Pinnacle it was for Vikram, as he lost precious years which allowed Surya to leapfrog Vikram. Vikram is still struggling to capture lost ground and hope ‘I’ lifts him up. You are absolutely right on this.

Vijay though I think is in a better position to take a chance.The period between ATM and Sura is almost barren and despite this poor form,neither his fan nor his own confidence deserted him. Now that he has had some significant successes, a good Shankar movie would be all that we can ask far. I really hope, Shankar weaves his magic and Vijay relishes his second opportunity.

smaiitm
29th November 2012, 11:17 PM

Avaru podara tune engendu pidikararunum kekkanum.

abhi_d
30th November 2012, 12:19 AM
@CEDYBLUE - Thanks for sharing your views too. Lets hope for the best. Vijay's current commitments (ALV & KVA) will keep him busy for at least a year or so. Equations might change during this period. Lets see.

I personally felt Endhiran & Sivaji huge success is because of Mr.Rajini factor. Shankar's role is just minimal. We all know Sivaji's story is nothing new and Endhiran's story/scenes is inspired (read lifted) from Hollywood movies like iRobot. If Shankar is able to attain the same success (match at least Sivaji's collections) with his next Vikram movie then definitely he should be applauded.

CEDYBLUE
30th November 2012, 12:28 AM
@CEDYBLUE - Thanks for sharing your views too. Lets hope for the best. Vijay's current commitments (ALV & KVA) will keep him busy for at least a year or so. Equations might change during this period. Lets see.

I personally felt Endhiran & Sivaji huge success is because of Mr.Rajini factor. Shankar's role is just minimal. We all know Sivaji's story is nothing new and Endhiran's story/scenes is inspired (read lifted) from Hollywood movies like iRobot. If Shankar is able to attain the same success (match at least Sivaji's collections) with his next Vikram movie then definitely he should be applauded.

IMO, it was more of the coming together of the best in business including the Superstar that worked in favor of the 2 movies. I don't think 'I" would match Sivaji....but it would definitely make better businesses than any of Vikram's recent releases

nickraman
30th November 2012, 03:39 AM
Agree with most of your points. But I would still want Vijay to make a full-fledged movie and with age still by his side, even if things go horribly wrong, Vijay can bounce back. But what if everything works fine?

Shankar's heroes are of two types:Star Heroes (Rajni, Kamal) and Dependable heroes(Vikram,Arjun,Prasanth,Prabhudeva,Vikram(of now)). Superstar and Ulaganayagan when they joined hands with Shankar, the result was almost unheard of in Tamil Cinema. When I watched Rajni in Baba d Chandramukhi, i thought i was seeing the last of him. Nobody can deny what Sivaji and Endhiran did to him and now it stands 1 and 2 in all-time lists.

The others in the Dependable ones are those who give an impression that they are perennially busy without setting the box office on fire. They are the ones who can afford the dates that a Shankar movie demands and they have everything to gain for. Arjun, Prasanth and Vikram of now are those heroes who were always busy and yet were more than happy to work with him.

As you rightly say, Vikram (during Anniyan) was probably caught in between. He was neither a superstar nor the second one. He was going through a purple patch and probably thought a Shankar movie was the pinnacle. Pinnacle it was for Vikram, as he lost precious years which allowed Surya to leapfrog Vikram. Vikram is still struggling to capture lost ground and hope ‘I’ lifts him up. You are absolutely right on this.

Vijay though I think is in a better position to take a chance.The period between ATM and Sura is almost barren and despite this poor form,neither his fan nor his own confidence deserted him. Now that he has had some significant successes, a good Shankar movie would be all that we can ask far. I really hope, Shankar weaves his magic and Vijay relishes his second opportunity.

He's got his scripting sense back to an extent, but Vijay should never work with Shankar. Again, ARM has flaws as a writer, but his execution is well done. For the first time, I didn't get bored by the comedy of Sathyan (not well known like Santhanam), but it was appropriate.

Shankar on the other hand is overrated. Shoots over budget & forces nonsense down the viewers throat. Enthiran had a lousy second half in an otherwise ok movie. Yes Shankar took the Robo story to fit liberties of Superstar's requirements, but in Vijay's case, it would mean him to go back to his Thirumalai form of delivery.

I agree that Indian and Sivaji took cinema above, but all of Shankar's movies had nonsense factors surrounding it. Indian would've been excellent weren't for Urmila's portions and 1 song less. Anniyan, love scenes were soora mokkai. Sivaji? Same thing along with unnecessary comedy scenes. If you look at the common picture, Shankar seems to shoehorn in unnecessary elements and getting him back to previous without Sujatha will be akin climbing mount everest (Nanban was google translated, sorry script engineered by Karky and Shankar, I don't really count that as a post-Sujatha victory yet.) Yes, the Ileana song was unneeded and stretched runtime to 3.5 hours.

We don't even know whether Suba could carry off a film like "I" properly. We've seen their work in 180 & recent Maattrraan, maybe they could fail too.

I'd rather Vijay stick with ARM. I wouldn't mind a Gun sequel too.

CEDYBLUE
30th November 2012, 08:48 AM
ATMUS: #Thuppakki continues in 8 screens for another week - Dallas, Houston, Austin, San Jose, Fremont, Edison NJ, Chicago and Detroit.

Kumaran.P
30th November 2012, 11:24 PM
http://m.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-h.ak/hphotos-ak-ash3/598526_135760166575325_1283296091_n.png

SenGOEk
1st December 2012, 09:52 AM
Thuppaki Songs Toping the Chart for 8 Weeks

http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies/thuppakki/thuppakki-top-ten-songs-alaikka-laikaa-nov-29.html

ajaybaskar
1st December 2012, 12:00 PM
Kerala Box-Office –Nov 12 to 30

Tamil superstar Vijay has taken Kerala box-office by storm with his Thuppakki. The film was released on Diwali (November 13) in 124 screens, with even small towns playing it in two screens. Thuppakki went on to gross an amazing Rs 7.26 Cr in its first two weeks (Nov 13 to 26), which is phenomenal by any yardstick for another language film in Kerala. It is the clear number one at KBO, by a mile.

The trade buzz is that Shibu of Thameens the distributor of the film made approximately Rs 3 crore in two weeks, for a film which was purchased for Rs 2.50 Crore! Thuppakki is a super hit in Kerala and has a life time potential of doing Rs 4 to 4.5 Cr business for the distributor.

http://www.sify.com/movies/boxoffice.php?id=15014197&cid=14625530

ajaybaskar
1st December 2012, 12:05 PM
S.Pillai tweet after 6 days said Thuppakki netted 45.6 C in TN and 4.65 C in Kerala

================================================== ================================================== ====

Second Week

Chennai Box Office as on 25th Nov,12 (Behindwoods.com report): 4.58 C (9.42 C - 4.84 C)
Kerala BO : 2.61 c (7.26 C - 4.65 C) as per Sify Report

Grand total: 75.59 C

Second week collection in Rest of TN,Karnataka + Collection details of AP,North India,Singapore and other overseas markets are to be known.

19thmay
1st December 2012, 04:36 PM
Watched it second time today, liked it even better than the first time.

ARM smartly used Sathyan just to ask questions which were in audience mind as they watch Vijay's silent moves. Vijay answers him and so the crowd understands whats happening and watches it with the flow, pucca masala film making :clap:

Vijay's screen presence, dialogue delivery in the climax, the scene where he rescues his sister, in fact the full second half :clap:

Kumaran.P
1st December 2012, 05:36 PM
Vettri Theatre ( Chennai ) :#Thuppaki becomes the highest grosser ever after #Enthiran @VettriTheatres * Congrats to ARM& Team.

Kumaran.P
1st December 2012, 06:22 PM
Massss !
http://m.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-g.ak/hphotos-ak-prn1/s720x720/556713_211090229027120_1119237573_n.jpg

ajaybaskar
1st December 2012, 06:33 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/76469_421999827866848_235137704_n.jpg

ajaybaskar
1st December 2012, 06:43 PM
Blockbuster or Flop..His mass has never diminished !!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/401211_393582074049707_1993865896_n.jpg

CEDYBLUE
1st December 2012, 06:55 PM
Blockbuster or Flop..His mass has never diminished !!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/401211_393582074049707_1993865896_n.jpg

'V'ery 'V'ery True. Tamilnadu will never wanna let go the 'V' factor.Anyone who has had a few good years can enjoy high market value and hype for their movies, but only a few enjoy 'MASS'.

CEDYBLUE
2nd December 2012, 01:40 AM
Vettri Theatre ( Chennai ) : #Thuppaki becomes the highest grosser ever after #Enthiran @VettriTheatres Congrats to ARM & Team.

Kumaran.P
2nd December 2012, 03:07 PM
Oru Naal Enga Camp-la Selvaraj nu Oruthan namma Pudhukottai paiyyan thaan, Thideerunu Kaanom..7 naal enge Thediyum kidaikkala. 8 vathu naal kidaichaan..Paavam avanga Camp la maatikitaan pola..Avana 7 naal chithiravatham panni,Avan kannu Renda nondi,Indha beer bottle le beer bootle Athu Keezhvazhi Amuthi Mulusha Ulla anupittu Udaichirukaanunga... Naanga thaan Avan veetuku poi body-a koduthitu vanthom !
Avanga Amma Azhuvuraanga..
Avanga Appa Adichikkuraaru..
Akka thangachinga Kadharuraanga.....

"14-vathu NAAL AVAN THAMBI VANTHUTAANDA MILITARY KU :notworthy: :smokesmirk: !!!

arulraj
2nd December 2012, 04:13 PM
Oru Naal Enga Camp-la Selvaraj nu Oruthan namma Pudhukottai paiyyan thaan, Thideerunu Kaanom..7 naal enge Thediyum kidaikkala. 8 vathu naal kidaichaan..Paavam avanga Camp la maatikitaan pola..Avana 7 naal chithiravatham panni,Avan kannu Renda nondi,Indha beer bottle le beer bootle Athu Keezhvazhi Amuthi Mulusha Ulla anupittu Udaichirukaanunga... Naanga thaan Avan veetuku poi body-a koduthitu vanthom !

"14-vathu NAAL AVAN THAMBI VANTHUTAANDA MILITARY KU :notworthy: :smokesmirk: !!!
Electrifying one .........:yes:

directhit
2nd December 2012, 07:30 PM

"14-vathu NAAL AVAN THAMBI VANTHUTAANDA MILITARY KU :notworthy: :smokesmirk: !!! was awesome scene, esp the way Vijay delivers that line...

Mahen
2nd December 2012, 07:33 PM
when are they gona the release the clip of the last song?..poi varava was the best shot song imo

Warden
2nd December 2012, 07:51 PM
Electrifying one .........:yes:

Terrific scene which in itself gives a snapshot of the heroes attitude/characterization,but absolutely no relevance to the plot or proceedings :) Army'kkum antha situation'kkum enna sambandham :?
Again,good masala writing.ARM :notworthy:

arulraj
2nd December 2012, 08:05 PM
Terrific scene which in itself gives a snapshot of the heroes attitude/characterization,but absolutely no relevance to the plot or proceedings :) Army'kkum antha situation'kkum enna sambandham :?
Again,good masala writing.ARM :notworthy:

No need to analyse in detail for every dialogue , Enjoy and celebrate if it touches you ; thatz all so simple.... all movies are 100% business oriented not for society developments.

Mr.GreyShirt
2nd December 2012, 08:14 PM
That's because army men are trying to protect the country; whereas he is trying to destroy their own.

arulraj
2nd December 2012, 09:04 PM
2012 MASS OR CLASS? BehindwoodsWhat if Viay did not do a kuthu number? What if Surya did not reveal his six packs? What if Vikram did not to physically metamorph himself? Ajith guarantees a blockbuster opening but would he also guarantee a blockbuster? Or do we experiment with new faces, taut screenplays without songs and suspense dramas? Can a movie succeed without a comedy track or a duet set in a pristine European locale? Does commercial cinema featuring top actors succeed over small budget films relying on just plots and scripting? Year after year the same debate rages amidst film buffs, critics and movie makers. Does 2012 give us the answers?

Surya as conjoined twins piqued our curiosity and the technical aspects of filming set our expectations soaring. Yet Maattrraan did not match up to the superlative standards. Meanwhile, Attakathi which neither featured a six pack hero nor a glam doll girl kept our smiles intact until we walked out.

Mugamoodi was touted as Tamil cinema’s first superhero movie. The amazing mask man did nothing to the folks who had lapped up comic book heroes from Hollywood. Yet a simple drama about a housewife’s travails over English taught us how resilience triumphs. The superwoman was one among us and we cheered for her unabashedly in English Vinglish.

Karthi’s intricate political moves in Saguni fared pale in comparison to Balaji’s attempts in succeeding in love in his debut movie Kadhalil Sothapuvathu Yeppadi. An honest attempt at everyday love debacles was rewarded richly than a political drama that left a sour after taste.

Sundarapandian introduced Sasikumar as the mass hero and the movie had all true elements of a commercial film. Poda Podi shot extensively abroad featuring Simbu and Varalakshmi with a superior soundtrack did not work up the magic that the former could even while staying rooted in our villages.

Charulatha featured Priyamani as conjoined twins but the movie was not half as spooky as the story about the “Pizza” delivery boy. Pizza broke box office records and Tamil cinema has finally found its thriller genre.

Billa 2 was Ajith’s biggest opening till date. Yet even his presence could not mask the movie’s weak storyline. Naan E did not feature a big name hero nor was the hero human. The fly triumphed over mortals and proved that for a movie to succeed duets, humor and drama are all secondary.

Thaandavam’s promotions screamed of echolocation. While the movie hardly made use of this technique, Oru Kal oru kannadi had no techniques to boast off. Humor and Santhanam carried the movie all way to the top.

With movies with big heroes bombing and debut directors weaving magic and setting the cash registers ringing, 2012 steered through a clear path. Yet if there is one movie that dispels our mantra about established stars, it is Thupakki. Thuppaki races as the straight shooter where the story does not play second fiddle to the hero’s image. We need an entertainer and one that wouldn’t make tall claims about its genre and then fall flat. We can do without logic but we cannot sit through songs that interrupt the well woven plot. We want to cheer our hero but an intro number is not half as important as an engaging screenplay. A guaranteed blockbuster is a happy marriage between mainstream commercial cinema and an air tight storyline. Hence, proved.

SenGOEk
2nd December 2012, 09:04 PM
Mass banner in Kerala...

Shanker
3rd December 2012, 11:09 AM
Found a cool easter egg in the Vennilave song. Might or might not have been intentional. When I saw the song in the movie, that gesture was very familiar but couldn't put my finger on it. Found it now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M7VFpjAWBo

At the 50sec mark, when he taps the tree. Now look at this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FG72jcThRo

At the 2:25 mark. I might be seeing too much into it but just something I noticed. :)

ajaybaskar
3rd December 2012, 03:43 PM
@taran_adarsh: Overseas is *not* limited to Hindi films alone. Non-Hindi films are leaving a stunning impact. Recent example is Tamil film #Thuppakki.

arulraj
3rd December 2012, 06:13 PM
1. THUPPAKKI
http://behindwoods.com/images/spacer.gif (http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies/neerparavai/neerparavai-box-office-dec-02.html)
Previous
Movie (http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies/neerparavai/neerparavai-box-office-dec-02.html)

http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies/thuppakki/images/thuppakki-box-office-dec-02.jpg

Ranking based on Chennai Box Office Collections from Nov 26th 2012 to Dec 02nd 2012
Week : 3
Total collections in Chennai : Rs. 11,36,04,905
Verdict: Grand OpeningNo. Shows in Chennai (Weekend): 453
Average Theatre Occupancy (Weekend): 50%
Collection in Chennai (Weekend): Rs. 94,58,040
No. Shows in Chennai (Weekdays): 628
Average Theatre Occupancy (Weekdays): 37%
Collection in Chennai (Weekdays): Rs. 99,52,829

arulraj
3rd December 2012, 06:17 PM
Vijay's resounding overseas success with Thuppakki

Thuppakki has met with success not only in the domestic markets of the country but also in key overseas markets like Malaysia, USA, UK and Australia.In Malaysia, till date, this Vijay starrer has collected a record 8.77 crores in Indian rupees (1.614 million USD). According to a noted trade analyst, Thuppakki has done fabulously in the other aforementioned overseas markets as well. In UK and Ireland, till date the collection is 1.68 crores (188,838 pounds) while in the USA, the film’s gross is 2.51 crores (452,734 USD) and Australia has resulted in returns amounting to 46.73 lakhs (80,264 ASD).This success proves that overseas markets are opening up to Tamil films as well and it’s not just about Hindi films. With more Tamil biggies slated in the coming weeks, we can expect the overseas market to continue booming.

Warden
4th December 2012, 01:36 AM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2187153/
Top 500 in Imdb moviemeter for the last 2 weeks and probably the only tamil film thats achieved the feat so far :cool:

Warden
4th December 2012, 01:47 AM
@taran_adarsh: Overseas is *not* limited to Hindi films alone. Non-Hindi films are leaving a stunning impact. Recent example is Tamil film #Thuppakki.

:) And Malaysia which is abt 75% of our overseas business is not accounted in such reports.

ajaybaskar
4th December 2012, 02:03 AM

Second Week

Kerala BO : 2.61 c (7.26 C - 4.65 C) as per Sify Report

Third Week

Chennai Box Office as on 2nd Dec,12 (Behindwoods.com report): 1.94 C (11.36 C - 9.42 C)
BO Mojo updates Malaysia collection during third week as 0.3 C
UK Collection is 0.13 C during third week as per Taran Adarsh

Grand total: 77.96 C

Second,third week collection in Rest of TN,Karnataka + Third week collection of Kerala,US and full collection details of AP,North India,Singapore and other overseas markets are to be known.

joe
4th December 2012, 09:07 AM
Watched it :)
didn't take it's plot , message and sentiments seriously.
Liked it as an entertainment . Vijay is fit and young ..as usual dancing great . Worth the money!

Scotthvm
4th December 2012, 09:08 AM
Found a cool easter egg in the Vennilave song. Might or might not have been intentional. When I saw the song in the movie, that gesture was very familiar but couldn't put my finger on it. Found it now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M7VFpjAWBo

At the 50sec mark, when he taps the tree. Now look at this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FG72jcThRo

At the 2:25 mark. I might be seeing too much into it but just something I noticed. :)

whats he trying to say

ajaybaskar
4th December 2012, 02:55 PM
@taran_adarsh: Tamil film #Thuppakki *total after 3rd Weekend* UK £ 207,468 [Rs 1.81 cr] ... Australia A$ 82,550 [Rs 46.70 lacs]. Overall, Fantastic!

balaajee
5th December 2012, 01:58 PM
Parineeti Chopra to romance Akshay Kumar in 'Thuppakki' remake (http://www.apunkachoice.com/content/article/sid100012549-parineeti_chopra_to_romance_akshay_kumar_in_thuppa kki_remake/)- Apun Ka Choice

Scotthvm
5th December 2012, 11:01 PM
today watched 2nd time ,adhe thriling and excitement super, and enoda telugu frnd kuda vandhan,avanuku vijay partha coment paniteirupan avane padam parthutu supera iruku romba naal kaluchi super movie pakren apadinu sona,im in andhra even thuppaki half of the seat filled bt telugu movie ku ponen damarakum andha kootam kuda ilai

aceqoxim
6th December 2012, 12:28 AM
Watched it :)
didn't take it's plot , message and sentiments seriously.
Liked it as an entertainment . Vijay is fit and young ..as usual dancing great . Worth the money!

:thumbsup:

arulraj
7th December 2012, 03:25 PM
by shridhar pillai
#Thuppakki*completes 25 days. Still firing on all cylinders!

cheers.....:-D

Arun555
7th December 2012, 08:32 PM
Rel pannitaanuga.....Stupids.

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/7223/vlcsnap2012120718h30m13.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/713/vlcsnap2012120718h30m13.png/)

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/6052/vlcsnap2012120718h32m37.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/197/vlcsnap2012120718h32m37.png/)

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/5103/vlcsnap2012120718h33m03.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/132/vlcsnap2012120718h33m03.png/)

Mukzi
7th December 2012, 10:42 PM
so soon..piracy at its peak.
sad.the producer's arent doing anything about it.

tamilan99
8th December 2012, 12:53 AM
its not piracy, its legal. lotus and sruthi (owned by ayngaran) release it to prevent piracy.

ajaybaskar
8th December 2012, 01:26 AM
Piracy is not going to affect the movie anymore. It's nearing the end of its run.

ecureuhapis
8th December 2012, 01:42 AM
dvd already out here

arulraj
8th December 2012, 09:28 AM
For TF , power cut is helping to reduce the damage of piracy . Though they are buying CD , not able to see...:goodidea:

ajaybaskar
8th December 2012, 10:28 AM
This Lotus Fivestar DVD is a waste. Theyve chopped off most of the action scenes for violence.

rsubras
8th December 2012, 10:49 PM
Saw this movie today...went with nil expectations inspite of so many positive feedback and reviews and came out fully satisfied.... ARM surprises us in many places....he seemed to have learnt a lot from his 7th sense experiences...where he fell in love with the theme itself and slipped in the screenplay.....here the screenplay is much tighter...there are many woww..scenes...vijay's entry to save his sister takes the cake.......dialogues were crisp and felt like kind of straight from heart rather than forced...... the tribute to Military in many of the places are very commendable...and the best thing is ......... hero va one man army ah kaatama co-ordination la work panni jeyikkira maathiri kaatarathu......... climax fight was good...but still the slightly similar Ghilli climax fight was more awesome and energetic...

now to the minuses... HJ romba naal Suriya padama music pottathunalayo ennavo niraya songs Ayan, Maatran, 7th sense ah nyabaga paduthara mathiri irunthathu....and the last song was similar to the nanban song ("nalla nanban"). songs were a speed breaker...and in my humble opinion Kajal did not look so good (as compared to Maatraan...may be ithula boxer nu sonnathalo ennavo)

overall.......... worth the money spent......

smaiitm
9th December 2012, 12:57 AM
This Lotus Fivestar DVD is a waste. Theyve chopped off most of the action scenes for violence.

@ajaybaskar: Would you know if there is going to be a Blue-ray release for Thuppakki?

Thanks.

ajaybaskar
9th December 2012, 01:03 AM
Lotus Fivestar doesn't release blurays. Only Ayngaran does.

Kumaran.P
9th December 2012, 07:50 PM
THE FIVE LETTER SPELL - “V I J AY” AND HIS ALL NEW THUPPAKKI REVIEW
NOTE: AN ABSOLUTE FANBOYISH EULOGY
http://www.mukunthharish.blogspot.in/2012/12/the-five-letter-spell-v-i-j-ay-and-his.html

nickraman
9th December 2012, 09:59 PM
Lotus Fivestar doesn't release blurays. Only Ayngaran does.

Sad fact: Any movie produced by GFC will not see an official BD/DVD release.

Examples: Mayakkam Enna, Nanban, Manmadhan Ambu, now Thuppakki.

Nanban original DVD rights are with Seyons, but they will take Eons to release the film.

ajaybaskar
10th December 2012, 07:33 PM
http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies/thuppakki/images/thuppakki-box-office-dec-09.jpg

Ranking based on Chennai Box Office Collections from Dec 03rd 2012 to Dec 09th 2012
Week : 4
Total collections in Chennai : Rs. 12,97,15,458
Verdict: Blockbuster
No. Shows in Chennai (Weekend): 366
Average Theatre Occupancy (Weekend): 55%
Collection in Chennai (Weekend): Rs. 89,95,635
No. Shows in Chennai (Weekdays): 476
Average Theatre Occupancy (Weekdays): 32%
Collection in Chennai (Weekdays): Rs. 71,14,917

cittu
11th December 2012, 07:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=McLwqMx-6AA

balaajee
11th December 2012, 10:16 AM

100% correct, if some one watch the movie first time in Lotus DVD i doubt their like on movie....

ajaybaskar
11th December 2012, 10:31 AM
Yup. That 12 sleeper cells termination brought tears when watched in the DVD. Immediately stopped.

VinodKumar's
11th December 2012, 07:29 PM
Sad to know that blue ray will not be released. Thiyagaraja vuku innum 2 time poira vendiyathu thaan.

cittu
12th December 2012, 09:13 AM
TFU_Kannan: #Thuppakki on top at Chennai box-office for the fourth consecutive weekend. #Blockbuster

Raajjaa
12th December 2012, 05:00 PM
சத்யம் தியேட்டரில் மட்டும் திரையிடப்பட்டு, அதுவும் 4 வாரம் கூட ஓடாத ஒரு படம் எப்படி சென்னையில் 12 கோடிக்கு மேல் வசூல் செய்தது?

ecureuhapis
12th December 2012, 06:54 PM
சத்யம் தியேட்டரில் மட்டும் திரையிடப்பட்டு, அதுவும் 4 வாரம் கூட ஓடாத ஒரு படம் எப்படி சென்னையில் 12 கோடிக்கு மேல் வசூல் செய்தது?

chennayila sathyam mathiri than irukka.

pm in dhool: nightu poora intha ezhavathan ukkanthu ottittu irunthiya? :lol:

ajaybaskar
12th December 2012, 07:22 PM
OVERALL Top 10 Films at the Box Office in Malaysia
as at 9th December 2012

1. Endhiran - $3,048,246
2. Sivaji - $2,422,788
3. Thuppakki - $1,732,792*
4. Dasavatharam - $1,721,109
5. Singam - $1,471,508
6. Chandramukhi - $1,460,000
7. Aadhavan - $1,456,618
8. Vettaikaran - $1,329,428
9. Maattrraan - $1,124,812
10. Mankatha - $1,104,911

Of course, there is a potential danger of the position coming one number down in Jan. But this is an achievement considering the status 2 yrs back. Remarkable comeback!! :clap:

littlemaster1982
12th December 2012, 07:32 PM
Sad to know that blue ray will not be released. Thiyagaraja vuku innum 2 time poira vendiyathu thaan.

Are you in Chennai :shock:

otedoric
12th December 2012, 07:36 PM
[SIZE=5][COLOR=#FF0000]This is an achievement considering the status 2 yrs back. Remarkable comeback!! :clap:

:thumbsup:

It also breaks the jinx as per HUB that Family Audience watch only SURYA Movies in theatres... :)
They are the most unloyal crowd, who watch any GOOD movie...
They even watched a movie in which a HOUSEFLY made its debut...

Kumaran.P
12th December 2012, 09:18 PM
OVERALL Top 10 Films at the Box Office in Malaysia
as at 9th December 2012

1. Endhiran - $3,048,246
2. Sivaji - $2,422,788
3. Thuppakki - $1,732,792*
4. Dasavatharam - $1,721,109
5. Singam - $1,471,508
6. Chandramukhi - $1,460,000
7. Aadhavan - $1,456,618
8. Vettaikaran - $1,329,428
9. Maattrraan - $1,124,812
10. Mankatha - $1,104,911

Of course, there is a potential danger of the position coming one number down in Jan. But this is an achievement considering the status 2 yrs back. Remarkable comeback!! :clap:

thalaivaaaa :smokesmirk:

selvamohankumar
12th December 2012, 11:03 PM

yappa duppakoorrU!!!!

VinodKumar's
13th December 2012, 02:10 AM
Are you in Chennai :shock:

Yes I am. Just returned from another show in OMR AGS.

gurusaravanan
13th December 2012, 03:25 PM
TITLE MUSIC
https://soundcloud.com/harris-jayaraj-1/title-music-of-thuppakki

balaajee
17th December 2012, 04:01 PM
It is being said that Parineeti was very keen to sign for the Hindi remake of Tamil blockbuster ‘Thuppakki’, directed by A. Murugadoss. She was offered the film by producer Vipul Shah on behalf of director.

Apparently, the Hindi version`s lead actor Akshay Kumar was also interested in getting her on board for the project, but Yash Raj Films wouldn`t release Parineeti to do the project, as she is bound by contract.

Aditya Chopra has refused the idea of Parineeti working in a film outside the YRF banner, when she is shooting for their new film with director Maneesh Sharma opposite Sushant Singh Rajput.

Akshay also intervened in the hope of some flexibility in Parineeti`s schedule, but to no avail and hence Sonakshi Sinha was signed on.

Confirming this, director A. Murugadoss said, "We tried really hard for Parineeti. But she was committed by contract to a project with Yash Raj Films."
Interestingly, Vipul Shah`s schedules for the ‘Thuppakki’ remake don`t clash with the Maneesh Sharma film at all

ajaybaskar
17th December 2012, 08:20 PM
Looks like we might soon see Thuppakki in bluray. :) Work going on..

Dammy R
18th December 2012, 01:29 AM
Looks like we might soon see Thuppakki in bluray. :) Work going on..

I'm waiting... :thumbsup:

ajaybaskar
18th December 2012, 08:44 PM
One doubt..

In the sequence where Jagdish eliiminates the 12 sleeper cells, his team splits to 2 groups of 6 and then 4 groups of 3 members each. If a 3 member group is following a sleeper cell and he meets another sleeper cell, how will the 3 members split without knowing which sleeper cell will meet a new one?

Mr.GreyShirt
18th December 2012, 09:43 PM
Yea, had the same doubt. Chose not to question it :D

ajaybaskar
18th December 2012, 09:45 PM
Neenga namma settu.. :noteeth:

svaisn
18th December 2012, 11:39 PM
One doubt..

In the sequence where Jagdish eliiminates the 12 sleeper cells, his team splits to 2 groups of 6 and then 4 groups of 3 members each. If a 3 member group is following a sleeper cell and he meets another sleeper cell, how will the 3 members split without knowing which sleeper cell will meet a new one?

Romba yosikka kodathu Ajay... paavam ARM binary tree funda theriyale vidungalen... (illana 12aa 16 aaki intelligentaa panni erukalam... illana 8 use panni erukalam)
paavam manichi vidunga ...!!

ajaybaskar
19th December 2012, 02:23 PM
Thuppakki BGM - Uploaded by HJ himself

https://soundcloud.com/harris-jayaraj-1/title-music-of-thuppakki?utm_source=soundcloud&utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=twitter&utm_content=https://soundcloud.com/harris-jayaraj-1/title-music-of-thuppakki

uruzalari
19th December 2012, 03:48 PM
One doubt..

We can assume that when 2 sleeper cells meet at a place, that place is one among the targetted 12 locations(or atleast close to it). Since the 12 places of attack is known to Jagdish he will possibly tell the 3 member team to split in such a way that only one member remains with the sleeper cell who is closer to the immediate place of attack. The other sleeper cell (who will now be followed by 2 from Jagdish's team) will have to possibly go to the next location of attack to meet the next sleeper cell.

This argument will hold good only if the sleepr cells meet at points closer to the places of attack .

இந்த வாதம் நம்பகத்தன்மை உடையதா ???

otedoric
19th December 2012, 05:32 PM
We can assume that when 2 sleeper cells meet at a place, that place is one among the targetted 12 locations(or atleast close to it). Since the 12 places of attack is known to Jagdish he will possibly tell the 3 member team to split in such a way that only one member remains with the sleeper cell who is closer to the immediate place of attack. The other sleeper cell (who will now be followed by 2 from Jagdish's team) will have to possibly go to the next location of attack to meet the next sleeper cell.

This argument will hold good only if the sleepr cells meet at points closer to the places of attack .

இந்த வாதம் நம்பகத்தன்மை உடையதா ???

illai :lol:

ajaybaskar
19th December 2012, 05:44 PM
Possible. Good thinking. :thumbsup:

MrIndia
20th December 2012, 03:11 AM
One doubt..

Assuming they don't know each other.
The Guy who escapes from Vj's house, knows everyone(got the info from Head). He passes the information from Top down.
The 3 member group will split in a way, One will follow the New one and two will follow the older one(assuming he got the info about the next one from previous one he met).

Exception: there can be a chance where they share information and switch, but it wasn't the case.

::breathing:: Thambi , soda kuda pa..

Kumaran.P
20th December 2012, 11:09 PM
From "Dhina Thanthi" of last sunday :
http://m.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-a.ak/hphotos-ak-snc6/184444_142098805941461_1927291582_n.jpg

Kumaran.P
25th December 2012, 09:45 PM
Top 10 Highest Grossers of Tamil films in 2012.
1) Thuppakki
Starring: Vijay, Kajal,Sathyan
Directed by: AR Murugadoss
Produced by:Thanu S
Thuppakki emerged the numero uno film of 2012, which grossed more than 100* crores in the Box Office and became the third in the all time highest grossers of Kollywood. This film opened a market for Vijay in Andhra Pradesh and also the film’s overseas collection was tremendous.
2) Nanban
Starring: Vijay, Jiiva, Srikanth, Illeana, Sathyaraj, Sathyan
Directed by: Shankar
Produced by:GFC
Shankar’s Nanban, a remake of 3 Idiots, was the first release in 2012 and the year started with a positive note. The film grossed around 90* crores and was declared as a Box Office hit. The film gave a complete makeover to the actor in Vijay.

http://www.cinemalead.com/news-id-thuppakki-nanban-24-12-12858.htm

Kumaran.P
27th December 2012, 08:52 PM
Jagdish On Mission (Dec 27) !!!
http://m.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-b.ak/hphotos-ak-snc6/s720x720/206542_324481864333089_1603012583_n.jpg

uruzalari
27th December 2012, 10:37 PM
http://www.sify.com/movies/boxoffice.php?id=15015732&cid=14625530

Still holding the second spot in Kerala box office !!!!!!!!!!

Kumaran.P
30th December 2012, 08:23 AM
Todays Paper Ad.
http://m.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-g.ak/hphotos-ak-snc7/3489_145159935635348_1895373060_n.png

Kumaran.P
31st December 2012, 07:31 PM
The Indian Express:
Thuppaki - 150 Crores in 20 Days :smokesmirk:
http://m.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-h.ak/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/301788_406294226111825_1886996481_n.jpg

Death Note
31st December 2012, 11:02 PM
Does SudarshK/IlayathalapathyFan still post here?? Why is he bashing Thupakki and Vijay so hard on twitter?Wasn't he raving about Vijay on here lol.

Kumaran.P
31st December 2012, 11:20 PM
"Google Google" is ranked No.1 in the TOP 100 SONGS list by THR RAAGA MALAYSIA :) :clap:

Shanker
1st January 2013, 10:24 AM
"Google Google" is ranked No.1 in the TOP 100 SONGS list by THR RAAGA MALAYSIA :) :clap:

And Google Google is ranked no.2 in OLI TOP 100 of 2012. no.3 was Askku Laska and no.1 was Oru Paadhi from Thaanadvam.

Kumaran.P
1st January 2013, 01:49 PM
THUPPAKI -50days today!
http://m.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-c.ak/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/409446_406545776086670_2014136522_n.png

Kumaran.P
1st January 2013, 01:50 PM
Dhananjayang (Via Twitter) : Big congrats to Ilayathalapathy * Vijay& his fans. 2 of his films in the top 10 of 2012: #Nanban &#Thuppakki . Best wishes for 2013!

Kumaran.P
1st January 2013, 01:51 PM
Sreedhar Pillai (Via Twitter):
Congrats 2 @ARMurugadoss 4 thesuper success of #Thuppakki, the top Tamil grosser of 2012, which celebrates 50 days today.

Kumaran.P
1st January 2013, 01:52 PM
http://m.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-c.ak/hphotos-ak-ash4/321168_406640786077169_296455340_n.jpg

ajaybaskar
3rd January 2013, 03:11 PM
After 50 days, the number of shows in Abirami is increased from 2 to 4. And 2 shows of that are in the main screen.

Kumaran.P
5th January 2013, 09:37 AM
http://m.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-h.ak/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/393109_408522145889033_1947099911_n.png

Kumaran.P
5th January 2013, 04:28 PM
Thuppaki Photoshoot Exclusive stills -complete set!!
http://www.top10cinema.com/actorgallery/18510/vijay

cittu
10th January 2013, 10:22 AM
VIJAY JOINS THE 100 CR CLUB!
With Thuppakki, director Murugadoss has clocked the magic amount in both Bollywood and Kollywood
Lata Srinivasan

The
100 crore club in Bollywood is going strong with movies repeatedly
crossing the mark each festive season and even otherwise. The trend,
that started with Ghajini, has seen numerous films like 3 idiots,
Dabangg, Housefull, Ready and more hit the bull’s eye. Now it looks like
the trend may have started in Kollywood with Thuppakki.
This
Pongal turned sweet for Vijay as he is the second person, after
Superstar Rajinikanth, to join the 100 crore club. As the trade is
buzzing with this news, the actor is happy too. Says Vijay, “I never
look at numbers but my producer and distributors kept updating me on how
well the movie was doing and its collections. I am very happy that it
crossed the
100 crore mark. This will set the ball rolling for
other films in the industry and the movie business here will boom for
sure.”
With this flick, director A R Murugadoss becomes the
first-ever Kollywood director to enter the 100 crore league in Bollywood
and Kollywood. Ask
him if he knew the movie would do well and he says, “At the beginning
of the film itself, we had decided it should be a flick that appeals to
both mass and class and that it should be the highest grossing Vijay
film. Luckily the festival season also helped us. Since the audience’s
expectations were fulfilled, the movie crossed a 100 crore.”
The
producer, Kalaipuli Thanu, says about his movie’s collections,
“Thuppakki crossed 100 crore in the first two weeks of the worldwide
release of the film. Exhibitors called to tell me that they earned in
just a few days what they would have earned in a year with this film.
After MGR and Rajinikanth, it is a Vijay film that makes us happy. He
ensured that everyone benefited from the film’s success.”
Murugadoss
is currently remaking the film in Hindi with Akshay Kumar and as for
expectations from that flick, he smiles and says, “Ghajini and Thuppakki
were the first to enter the
100 crore club in Bollywood and Kollywood respectively. Now my target is 200 crore with this Akshay Kumar film.”

otedoric
10th January 2013, 01:02 PM
With Thuppakki, director Murugadoss has clocked the magic amount in both Bollywood and Kollywood
Lata Srinivasan

The
This
crossed the
sure.” With this flick, director A R Murugadoss becomes the
and Kollywood. Ask
The
Murugadoss
100 crore club in Bollywood and Kollywood respectively. Now my target is 200 crore with this Akshay Kumar film.”

Thalabathy :-D

abhi_d
10th January 2013, 01:21 PM
Happy for Vijay and thanks to Murugadoss.

ajaybaskar
10th January 2013, 01:27 PM
The film provides great scope for sequels. I watched the tv series '24'. The hero is a member of Counter Terrorism Unit. Quite similar to the DIA. They have made nearly 200 episodes of non stop action. ARM can surely pull out a leaf or two from the tv series and can make Thuppaki a franchise.

balaajee
10th January 2013, 01:45 PM
The film provides great scope for sequels. I watched the tv series '24'. The hero is a member of Counter Terrorism Unit. Quite similar to the DIA. They have made nearly 200 episodes of non stop action. ARM can surely pull out a leaf or two from the tv series and can make Thuppaki a franchise.

The real challenge in Tuppaki franchise is it needs to surpass Tuppakki 2012.

CEDYBLUE
10th January 2013, 03:00 PM
Lata Srinivasan

The
This
crossed the
sure.”
With this flick, director A R Murugadoss becomes the
and Kollywood. Ask
The
Murugadoss

Ilayathalapathy's true reach and potential is evident with Thuppakki!!!!
Vijay in a good creator's hand can weave ultra-magic on the silverscreen....
Thanks ARM!

SenGOEk
10th January 2013, 03:53 PM
VIJAY JOINS THE ELITE 100 CRORE CLUB

http://www.cinemalead.com/news-id-vijay-100-crore-club-10-01-131006.htm#.UO4v1ieecoA.twitter

Ilayathalapathy Vijay has entered the elite 100 crore club with his Thuppakki film. Vijay is the second person after Rajinikanth to join the club. Vijay is happy about this and hopes that this will pave way for more films to follow suit.

Another highlight is that AR Murugadoss is the only director from Tamil to enter 100 crore league in Kollywood and Bollywood. In Bollywood, his Ghajini with Ameer Khan has clocked more than 100 crores at the box office.

The director is now busy shooting for the remake of Thuppakki with Akshay Kumar in the lead and he says that he wants his Hindi version to enter the 200 crore club.

Cinemalead wishes the team Thuppakki on its prestigious achievement.

SenGOEk
13th January 2013, 02:43 PM
http://www.thehindu.com/life-and-style/metroplus/shotcuts-big-stars/article4298418.ece

Two big names from the Tamil and Malayalam industries will come together for a Tamil film — Jilla, directed by first-timer Nesan, will feature actors Vijay and Mohanlal. The lead also includes Kajal Agarwal, and the film is produced by Super Good Films. Meanwhile, actor Vijay as well as A.R. Murugadoss are thrilled — their film Thuppakki has crossed the Rs. 100-crore mark. Murugadoss is the only director to have touched the magic figure in both Hindi and Tamil (Gajini in Hindi).

SenGOEk
13th January 2013, 02:48 PM
Thuppaki reaches 100 crore mark!

Not many films released in Kollywood make a record, some don’t even make an impression. But not “Thuppaki“.

This very stylish film of Vijay, Kajal Agarwal and Vidyut Jamwal and directed by AR Murugadoss has gone beyond being a mega hit by reaching 100 crores in collection!! AR Murugadoss is the first director to reach this mark in both Kollywood and Bollywood. Kudos to the genius! In Bollywood it was “Ghajini” and now its “Thuppaki” in Kollywood. “At the beginning of the film itself, we had decided it should be a flick that appeals to both mass and class and that it should be the highest grossing Vijay film. Luckily the festival season also helped us. Since the audience’s expectations were fulfilled, the movie crossed a 100 crore.” said the director.

The very satisfied producer, Kalaipuli S Dhanu said, “Thuppaki crossed 100 crore in the first two weeks of the worldwide release of the film. Exhibitors called to tell me that they earned in just a few days what they would have earned in a year with this film. After MGR and Rajnikanth, it is a Vijay film that makes us happy. He ensured that everyone benefited from the film’s success.”

AR Murugadoss is making a Hindi film with Akshay Kumar now and when asked about this he said with a smile, “Ghajini and Thuppaki were the first to enter the 100 crore club in Bollywood and Kollywood respectively. Now my target is 200 crore with this Akshay Kumar film.” We wish him all the best for that!

http://www.southdreamz.com/2013/01/thuppaki-reaches-100-crore-mark.html

arulraj
21st January 2013, 09:49 PM
ONE MORE REASON THE ILAYATHALAPATHY'S FANS TO REJOICE!
http://accesskollywood.com/akd-images/news-images/one-more-reason-the-ilayathalapathys-fans-to-rejoice-vijay-12-01-13.jpg
World popular cinema site IMDB rates Hollywood, Bollywood, Kollywood and all other films made across the globe. The ratings by IMDB are considered to be fair and just and this site never ranks any film high without proper credibility.Earlier, IMDB had rated Kamal Haasan’s Nayagan and Aamir Khan’s 3 Idiots 8.3 on the scale of 10. This is the highest ranking given for Indian films thus far and now Vijay’s Thuppaki has joined the list.Yes, IMDB has rated Thuppaki 8.3 indicating that it is a must watch entertainer. Well, it is one more reason the Ilayathalapathy’s fans to rejoice!

Kumaran.P
25th January 2013, 07:13 PM
Thuppakki 75th Day Paper AD in Maalai Malar!
http://m.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-g.ak/hphotos-ak-ash4/318073_604408336241633_641438586_n.jpg

Kumaran.P
26th January 2013, 12:31 PM
Behindwoods : Vijay's Thuppakki ... 75 and still going steady
Today is the 75th day of Vijay’s Thuppakki, directed by A.R.Murugadoss. * The movie released for Diwali and won the uniform appreciation of the masses and classes alike. It turned out to be 2012’s biggest grosser and also became one of Tamil cinema’s top grossers ever.
Today being Republic Day, it has turned out to be an apt occasion for Thuppakki to celebrate its 75th day across a few centers in the state. Being a movie which showed the armed forces in great light, Thuppakki is a fitting Republic Day’s treat.

karthikmba
29th January 2013, 02:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCJ4YE1Fums

ajaybaskar
14th February 2013, 03:56 PM
Thuppakki's opening was only due to Vijay's crowd pulling power and brand ARM. Even if the music was by a third tier MD and had a newcomer heroine, the movie would've got the same response.

If people still believe that Kajal and HJ also were the reasons behind the film's opening, then I would only request them to add blocks for Sathyan,Jayaram and Jamwal. Poor things. Why shud they be left behind?

uruzalari
14th February 2013, 04:04 PM
Thuppakki's opening was only due to Vijay's crowd pulling power and brand ARM. Even if the music was by a third tier MD and had a newcomer heroine, the movie would've got the same response.

If people still believe that Kajal and HJ also were the reasons behind the film's opening, then I would only request them to add blocks for Sathyan,Jayaram and Jamwal. Poor things. Why shud they be left behind?

:exactly::thumbsup:

And I really appreciate you for posting this in this thread rather than in the VR thread.....It will again lead to Star vs Star discussions without any purpose in a thread that seemed full of knowledgeable discussions (atleast upto now) that was dissecting VR scene by scene and coming up with interesting theories ..... I am also one among many who enjoyed VR and is happy about it's phenomenal success.... I hope these type of silly comparisons stop at the earliest

abhi_d
14th February 2013, 04:13 PM
I felt the same when I looked at it but said to myself someone's weird interpretation is not gonna change the FACT.

ajaybaskar
14th February 2013, 04:28 PM
Yeah. I didn't want to spoil the flow of discussions in that thread. Hence posted my opinion here.

It was quite similar to someone's theory that Jiiva and Srikanth too were the reasons for Nanban's opening. Eppadithaan yosikkaraaingalo? :)

abhi_d
14th February 2013, 04:33 PM
It was quite similar to someone's theory that Jiiva and Srikanth too were the reasons for Nanban's opening. Eppadithaan yosikkaraaingalo? :)

LOL. Really these kind of statements are Stress Busters :).

VinodKumar's
14th February 2013, 04:57 PM
Naalaiku amala paul-um baangalae !!!

Anban
14th February 2013, 05:53 PM

ada kadavuley.. ithu theriyaama producer, HJ/Kajal-kkellaam kodi kanakkula salary koduthuttaaru.. paavam.. appaavi manushan..

uruzalari
14th February 2013, 06:17 PM
ada kadavuley.. ithu theriyaama producer, HJ/Kajal-kkellaam kodi kanakkula salary koduthuttaaru.. paavam.. appaavi manushan..

Ethukunga ippo intha sandai ellam...... Kamal sir is a legend nu ellarukkum theriyum..... apparom still y u pple want to undermine the importance of Vijay in Thuppakki's succes..... Seri ok...If ur argument holds true will u pls be generous enough to accept that Dasavatharam was a BB not only due to Kamal's 10 Avataars but also because ......

1) Asin
2)K.S.Ravikumar

and most importantly that most crucial devotional song of Mallika Sherawat.....

ajaybaskar
14th February 2013, 06:44 PM
HJ is the aasthana MD of ARM. So what's the surprise in he being a part of the film? On par with 7A, Vela got a great opening. This with a mediocre director,MD. Now who would you attribute that to?

Sometimes chart buster songs bring ppl to the theatre. Eg: Kumki,NEP and Kadal. Inga adhuvum illa. Vijay paadunadhala google mattum hit aachu.

San_K
14th February 2013, 07:01 PM
http://tamiltalkies.net/cini-news/573-thuppakki-movie-collection#.URzjb8JIYzk.tumblr

Anban
14th February 2013, 07:06 PM
in that infographic, kajal and HJ share a small minority stake only .. athukku ethukku guthikkireenga ippo??

yes.. in Dasa, I will allocate such a small minority stake for KSR also and smaller one for Asin.. no regrets...

Cinemarasigan
14th February 2013, 07:08 PM
I would also like to register that regarding Thuppakki, HJ and Kajal factor did not do anything for the Opening... Ajay, vinod, Abhi, Movie Buff, thanks for dignity shown.., please participate in the discussions and air your views ....

Anban, pls consider changing the graph...

uruzalari
14th February 2013, 07:09 PM
in that infographic, kajal and HJ share a small minority stake only .. athukku ethukku guthikkireenga ippo??

yes.. in Dasa, I will allocate such a small minority stake for KSR also and smaller one for Asin.. no regrets...

nanri Anban for the clarification :-D

uruzalari
14th February 2013, 07:11 PM
I would also like to register that regarding Thuppakki, HJ and Kajal factor did not do anything for the Opening... Ajay, vinod, Abhi, Movie Buff, thanks for dignity shown.., please participate in the discussions and air your views ....

Anban, pls consider changing the graph...

Sure .... These are just small arguments..... should not stop us from celebrating the success of VR :) ....that too after all the hurdles that Kamal faced.....

Anban
14th February 2013, 07:14 PM
there is nothing to change there.. commercial cinema is about pulling ppl to theatre with well known names.. thats why producers are paying in crores for heroines/MDs .. its just a fact..

Cinemarasigan
14th February 2013, 07:21 PM
there is nothing to change there.. commercial cinema is about pulling ppl to theatre with well known names.. thats why producers are paying in crores for heroines/MDs .. its just a fact..

This argument is not fit for getting a big opening like Thuppakki got. At least I have not heard anyone coming to watch this movie on the first weekend itself for Kajal & HJ.
they may be watching the movie at a later date...

gurusaravanan
14th February 2013, 07:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CTpy2sjerM

ajaybaskar
14th February 2013, 09:31 PM
Let us see if there is at least one soul in this hub who watched Thuppakki for Kajal or HJ. Then we can assume that the graph was correct. Kaiya thookkungappa.. :)

ajaybaskar
14th February 2013, 09:35 PM
CR,

We enjoy the discussions happening in that thread and we will continue to post our opinions. This graph caught my attention and hence discussed it here. Thassal. :)

abhi_d
14th February 2013, 11:25 PM
CR, Its kind of you to mention it. Thanks. Just like most of them we are very happy about VR's success. I wish VR breaks all the existing records and sets a new benchmark for others to chase it.

selvamohankumar
15th February 2013, 09:50 AM

Ok if what you say is correct!!!!

the most paid by the producer in the movie is vijay!!! Hence he is the biggest vested interest in the movie!!!!even ur heart knows who is the most imp person in the movie!! so forget about just <i-against-vijay-always> mind and move on!

To Conclude:

if ur fav heroes are stand alone crowd pullers why are they having heroines,music directors, camera man, director, clap boy in the movie they can pull it stand alone rite :)

ajaybaskar
15th February 2013, 10:30 AM
Actually the maker of Vengaayam is into such a venture. He is the only actor and he also takes care of all the departments. So he will be the only reason behind the movie's opening,closing,etc. The movie's name is 'One'

Kumaran.P
15th February 2013, 12:37 PM
I'm not sure what is this issue about , as i don't watch or follow other threads.. but if its for about whom the opening collection was all and vijay being ignored there(don't wanna admit his stardom:P) haha i can only laugh at the ignorance of those people like always we do..
http://www.shotpix.com/images/53677982475831430583.jpeg
the abv pic is not a photoshopped one..just one among so many many and instances lik this can be posted more.. but it is not gonna prove at them or change their ignorance ....on pic, you can guess where it was happened...and for heroeine or for music director'oda abaaramana bgm's keka this crowd's this energy waste, this sweat shedding , getting wound ithelam poi nadaka 0.1% kuda chances nahi...day by day, vijay's fan base is increasing.. its not the same we had watched during 2009-10 period.. his films in past have gained him bunch of new fans.. So no wonder every film of his wil get huge opening and ONE AND ONLY FOR HIM the opening is all about. With thuppaki thalaivar proved more than anything we waited for!!!!! More than anything we imagined for!! :thumbsup:

and looks lik producer of the movie officially quoted, it collected 187crs , but this poor media never highlight it wit articles but ,incase if it was for some other actor film and collection report being announced in twitter or fb, media will come up with so many articles about it.. this is how they act against vijay.. and try not to highlight his success , BUT anyday, his fans are his promoters and we'll all continue our duty of promoting him and bringing the reports to light..

i can type so many paragraphs if i want to, but this all purely wastes our time.. and not gonna change our facts..

Warden
16th February 2013, 12:17 PM
Anti jerks :?

ajaybaskar
19th February 2013, 09:44 AM
In Vaththikuchi audio launch, Thuppakki producer Kalaippuli Thanu revealed that the combo of Vijay-ARM-Thanu will re unite for a project and the formal announcement will be made soon. Hope it happens..

Tomorrow Thuppakki celebrates its 100. :clap:

Jiishr
19th February 2013, 10:23 AM
In Vaththikuchi audio launch, Thuppakki producer Kalaippuli Thanu revealed that the combo of Vijay-ARM-Thanu will re unite for a project and the formal announcement will be made soon. Hope it happens..

http://www.dailythanthi.com/node/157460

venkkiram
19th February 2013, 10:27 AM

:clap: ARM - Vijay Collaboration

Wish they work together for many projects in future.

VinodKumar's
19th February 2013, 10:58 AM

That's great news. Thuppakki 2 :thumbsup:

ajaybaskar
19th February 2013, 11:02 AM
Yeah. As we discussed earlier the film has great scope for sequels. Hope they do a sequel rather than make a new film.

VinodKumar's
19th February 2013, 11:05 AM
Yes. War backdrop la kooda edukalam. Orae oru request-u harris jeyaraj mattum venam.

ajaybaskar
19th February 2013, 12:53 PM
https://m.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-e.ak/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x720/563125_432004656874115_702430973_n.jpg?dl=1

mareen
19th February 2013, 01:37 PM
Congrats for 100th day run.

abhi_d
19th February 2013, 01:55 PM
Congrats to Thuppakki team. Looking forward to sequel.

arulraj
19th February 2013, 02:10 PM
Cheers with GUN.....:shoot:

Ramkumar86
19th February 2013, 02:14 PM
Congrats for Thuppakki team. Well deserved 100 days. Hope same team join again for thuppakki 2 or another new film.

Jiishr
19th February 2013, 02:21 PM
is it still running in theaters ?

ajaybaskar
19th February 2013, 03:44 PM
Yes. One show each in Devi and Albert

balaajee
19th February 2013, 04:12 PM
is it still running in theaters ?

With out Running in theaters.... They can't count 100th day run....

Kumaran.P
19th February 2013, 05:57 PM
Sreedhar Pillai via twitter :
#Thuppakki 100 Days
Congratulations * 2 Vijay
@ARMurugadoss
@santoshsivan
@Jharrisjayaraj
@sreekar_prasad * . The team mayb back in 2014. Waiting

balaajee
19th February 2013, 06:01 PM
#Thuppakki 100 Days
@ARMurugadoss
@santoshsivan
@Jharrisjayaraj

May his wish granted............

Kumaran.P
19th February 2013, 06:03 PM
http://m.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-g.ak/hphotos-ak-ash3/538230_488477241210963_522371413_n.jpg

Kumaran.P
19th February 2013, 06:07 PM
Sibi Sathyaraj : Congrats to Vijay sir, ARMurugadoss sir and the entire team of #Thuppaki for the successful 100th day!

Kumaran.P
19th February 2013, 06:13 PM
:2thumbsup:
http://m.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-h.ak/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x720/574696_377749712322793_627135983_n.jpg

GSV
19th February 2013, 07:06 PM
Congtrats to team and thalaivar :clap:

Balaji.r
19th February 2013, 10:09 PM
There was one mission impossible still atha yaarum inga post pannala?

Kumaran.P
19th February 2013, 11:03 PM
Vijay and Murugadoss complete their century :
Vijay’s Thuppakki is completing 100 days at the Tamil Nadu box-office tomorrow, February 20th. Directed by A.R.Murugadoss, this movie featured Vijay as a dashing army man who returns to Mumbai to rid the city of sleeper terrorist cells. The movie released for Diwali and easily managed to trump all competition and emerged as the sole winner.
Kalaj Aggarwal was also a part of this commercial extravaganza which had foot-tapping music by Harris Jayaraj and expert camerawork by Santosh Sivan.
We wishes the Thuppakki team on their success.

Kumaran.P
19th February 2013, 11:10 PM
UTV Dhananjayan : Congrats to Team #Thuppakki on the 100th day tomorrow. A great milestone. Our wishes to Ilayathalapathy *, @ARMurugadoss, @Jharrisjayaraj * and Special appreciations to Producer S. Thanu, Gemini Industries & all distributors & exhibitors for the super effort & congrats on the success. The Publicity team & comment writer in the Tamil & English advts also deserve appreciation for "entertaining" us with interesting comments.

Kumaran.P
19th February 2013, 11:45 PM
Special post take it :P !!!
http://www.shotpix.com/images/98917502977691987835.jpeg

Kumaran.P
19th February 2013, 11:46 PM
Proud to be your FAN Thalaivaa !!!
http://www.shotpix.com/images/63040739172676869628.jpeg
may you succeed more and more in coming days!

nickraman
20th February 2013, 02:45 AM
#Thuppakki 100 Days
@ARMurugadoss
@santoshsivan
@Jharrisjayaraj

Hoping it's a sequel. And maybe get Thamarai for lyrics instead of Viveka or Karky?

arulraj
20th February 2013, 11:28 AM
THUPPAKKI THE 100 DAYS SUCCESS FORMULA

http://cinemalead.com/cinema-images/news-images/thumbs1/thuppakki-100-days-success-formula-20-02-13.jpg
Thuppakki faced lot of problems with its title; finally the patience and persistence paved the way for the victory. Any film these days should promote their content and Thanu set an example for that. Yes the first trailer of Thuppakki was telecasted in Star Vijay Super Singer which garnered a record TRP. Though the audio launch was not held in a big auditorium, Thanu invited the entire press and launched the audio with its teaser; the entire media covered the launch and gave a huge publicity in social networking sites. On its audio launch the film was trended in Twitter.It is known that Thuppakki was the biggest blockbuster of 2012 and it is in all-time top four grossers of Kollywood. Till 2012 diwali, only two films had grossed 100 crores and they are Rajini's Endhiran and Sivaji. It was like a dream for the young generation actors to gross 100 crores and even to some senior actors other than Rajini, but it was Vijay and AR Murugadoss who broke the jinx.
After calculated promotions the film got a humongous opening and without proper content Thuppakki wouldn't have attained this success. The film got a perfect mix of mass and class, thanks to the scintillating script writer AR Murugadoss. When young generation heroes were trying to prove their hands in mass masala formula Vijay smartly adopted the classy realistic action approach.
Santhosh Sivan's crystal clear cinematography in real raw location of Mumbai was terrific and similarly Sreekar Prasad's crisp cuts, Harris Jeyaraj's peppy tunes also paved the way for Success. Though Thuppakki is not a cult classic but on the commercial front it opened a new gate for Tamil films.

ajaybaskar
20th February 2013, 02:26 PM
The Hindi version is tentatively titled as Pistol.

Cinemarasigan
20th February 2013, 02:45 PM
Congrats to Vijay, ARM & Thuppakki Fans for 100 days run!!

Is there any function organized for Celebrating this achievement ?

VinodKumar's
20th February 2013, 02:53 PM
Congrats to Vijay, ARM & Thuppakki Fans for 100 days run!!

Is there any function organized for Celebrating this achievement ?

Dhanu in Vathikutchi audio launch - "next Thuppaki success function la meet pannalam". So kandipa onnum nadakumnu nenaikiraen if VJ and ARM are available.

ajaybaskar
20th February 2013, 03:19 PM
ARM has roped in Pritam for the Hindi version. Good signs!!

Cinemarasigan
20th February 2013, 03:24 PM
I Don't think Akshay will be able to match Vijay!! ARM could have gone to Salman..

balaajee
20th February 2013, 03:32 PM
I Don't think Akshay will be able to match Vijay!! ARM could have gone to Salman..

It should have been HINDI to Tamil but accidently now TAMIL to HINDI..........Akshay was ARM's first choice........

ajaybaskar
20th February 2013, 03:46 PM
http://twitter.com/i_spn/status/303790053493182464/photo/1

ajaybaskar
20th February 2013, 03:46 PM
http://twitter.com/i_spn/status/303790053493182464/photo/1

Kumaran.P
20th February 2013, 06:55 PM
Sreedhar Pillai
(via Twitter):
#Thuppakki 100th day
in theaters today. It is
Vijay's biggest hit till
date and made
@ARMurugadoss a
major brand.

Kumaran.P
20th February 2013, 07:34 PM
remember , #Vijay said that after the film's success he ll b giving cakes 2 all media on teasing a
magazine's story, today he did it;-) #Thuppakki100
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BDjKIb9CcAIXuc7.jpg

VinodKumar's
20th February 2013, 11:53 PM
ARM on Vijay and Thuppakki

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lej-9uUqzPI

SenGOEk
22nd February 2013, 09:30 PM
ARM @ Techofes:

Captain Jagdish thirumba varanumaa? Kandippaa Yosichu Thuppakki-2 Pannalaam!

uruzalari
26th February 2013, 11:31 AM
Net collection is 180 Crores....seems announced by Eros

http://www.moviecrow.com/News/1959/eros-announces-thuppaki-collected-rs180-crore

ajaybaskar
26th February 2013, 11:49 AM
What has Eros to do with Thuppakki collection?

VinodKumar's
26th February 2013, 11:50 AM
They might have retweeted it from somewhere else.

uruzalari
26th February 2013, 11:59 AM
What has Eros to do with Thuppakki collection?

Even I am confused about that.....

I googled after I saw this in moviecrow and even saw the same info in this link

http://www.4-traders.com/EROS-INTERNATIONAL-PLC-4006216/news/Eros-International-plc-Eros-announces-Indian-Subsidiary-Results-16052225/

ajaybaskar
26th February 2013, 12:24 PM
They've cited Thuppakki's business as an example of TFI's growing business potential.

ajaybaskar
27th February 2013, 08:47 AM
While most 100 day films are removed off the screens exactly a day after reaching the landmark, Thuppakki still runs in both the screens in Chennai.

Source: www.ticketnew.com

ajaybaskar
28th February 2013, 09:40 AM
Today is the film's last day of run in Chennai. 108 days.

arulraj
28th February 2013, 09:55 AM
:thumbsup: ....

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
4th March 2013, 02:39 PM
i have one doubt. Vijay's one sister in tis movie is deepthi nair (sanjana) ... Who's the other one ??

Kumaran.P
12th March 2013, 06:52 PM
Vettri Theatres Chrompet :
Vettri's Box Office Top 10 post Enthiran Release / Renovation ...
2.Thuppakki
5.Nanban
9.Velayudham

vijay's last 3 films in the list :thumbsup:

ajaybaskar
12th March 2013, 09:33 PM
First sister is Deepti Nambiar and the little one is Sanjana

VinodKumar's
12th March 2013, 10:49 PM
Sanjana :thumbsup:

gane14
25th March 2013, 11:08 PM
Thuppakki Bluray on its way...

http://i46.tinypic.com/2aeug40.jpg

Pre-order going on

http://www.myindiashopping.com/movie.php?lang=T&mov=24647

VinodKumar's
25th March 2013, 11:16 PM
:happydance:

ajaybaskar
26th March 2013, 07:26 AM
Why not for sale in india?

uruzalari
26th March 2013, 11:23 AM
Why not for sale in india?

Might affect the response when being telecast on TV..... I believe Vijay TV bagged it for a record price......

ajaybaskar
26th March 2013, 12:01 PM
Funny logic. If its not available in the shop, it's going to be available online for free. :)

Cinefan
26th March 2013, 12:43 PM
ajay,
TN has a long way to go in the Home video market.

Have posted this before too,it seems TV Channels bag the telecast and also Video rights but never release original DVD's,Blu Ray's and VCD's.Instead they want to milk the film by repeated telecasts on their channel.

But the producer is the ultimate loser as they can easily work out a one time amount + royalty on every single sale for the video rights.

They will make more money and in the process help many people like me(non theatre going,not supporting piracy)have access to films in the confines of our homes.

Cinefan
26th March 2013, 12:46 PM
Charan lost a lost of money on Aranya Kandam,imagine with the kind of following it has now,what will be the response for original videos.

This will help smaller,well received movies make money while for the biggies,the crores will get added up.

When will they realize this????????

uruzalari
3rd April 2013, 03:17 PM
Saw the coming soon ad in Star Vijay :) ..... guess will be telecast on April 14th

balaajee
3rd April 2013, 03:32 PM
Saw the coming soon ad in Star Vijay :) ..... guess will be telecast on April 14th

will they cut like lotus dvd ?

ajaybaskar
4th April 2013, 07:23 AM
I dont think so..

Kumaran.P
10th April 2013, 04:53 PM
Ilayathalapathy's Blockbuster Film 'Thuppakki' is set to be telecast in Asianet Channel at 5PM this Saturday(April13th) !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHd5xTxf6F8

jaaze
10th April 2013, 08:17 PM
Rocking new Blu-ray trailer of Thuppakki. I must say the quality is stunning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_bBrMNuFAk&hd=1

VinodKumar's
10th April 2013, 10:23 PM
A screenshot from blue ray ...

http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/894061_10201042119835620_1390443761_o.jpg

CEDYBLUE
10th April 2013, 11:13 PM
I think he is continuing to work out for Thalaiva as well...He looks quite fit in the stills....Getting close to the shape he had in the good old days.......

Kumaran.P
14th April 2013, 07:53 PM
A.r.Murugadoss via Twitter : Watching THUPPAKKI on Vijay tv
Missing Vijay sir and my ADs . . . .

http://twitter.com/ARMurugadoss/statuses/323439286580039680

smaiitm
15th April 2013, 11:30 PM
Thuppakki On YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5A7NrebfeZ4

Must be first of its kind for Tamil Cinema.

ajaybaskar
15th April 2013, 11:36 PM
All films telecast by Vijay TV so far are available in their official YouTube channel.

balaajee
13th May 2013, 05:37 PM
Thuppakki sweeps Vijay Awards! (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/regional/tamil/news-interviews/Thuppakki-sweeps-Vijay-Awards/articleshow/20026331.cms)- Times of India

jaaze
13th May 2013, 06:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfkomyZ012k

uruzalari
2nd October 2013, 01:02 AM
Looks like the Hindi version is named 'Holiday'

ajaybaskar
2nd October 2013, 10:23 AM
Yeah. Earlier it was 'Pistol'. Now there is a title change.

Kumaran.P
3rd October 2013, 06:48 PM
The Eurasian country is going to host a grand film festival inorder to celebrate 100 years of Indian cinema in Russia. Some of the landmark Indian films 'll be screened. To represent Tamil Cinema, 3 of the tamil films is going to be screened. ARMurugadoss directed ‪ Thuppakki ‬starring Vijay, Kajal Agarwal is one among them. #ThuppakkiinRussia

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
3rd October 2013, 07:09 PM
Mass ! Excellent :) :)

//

Other 2 Films : Aadukalam, Vettaiyaadu Vilayaadu

//

Shanker
4th October 2013, 11:07 AM
Aadukalam good choice but VV? Something less commercial would have been nicer. Soodhu Kavvum would have been my pick.

Kumaran.P
3rd November 2013, 10:38 AM
Reviewpuram from FB :
Rewind to Diwali 2012...
And we had witnessed a huge windfall at the southern Box Office. A totally unassuming movie in terms of cinematic merit, which had a fair amount of expectation only from the lead actor’s fans, came and conquered the town with MASS and CLASS... The fans were jubilant, the family audience was convinced and the neutrals ecstatic, and therefore Director AR Murugadoss “shot” back to the big league after his 2011 sci-fi debacle, with perfectly fired bullets from the ‪#‎ Ilayathalapathy!
‪#‎ Thuppakki‬– The film that immortalised a simple English phrase “I am waiting..” to the extent that it is used in daily lingo! The dialogue is remembered as one of the modern cult dialogues, post 2000. It had the all-time favourite song of many, “Google Google” which was crooned by Vijay himself, to Madhan Karky’s modernised metaphorical lyrics for the facebook generation. Moreover, the kids loved it, the fans celebrated it, and critics lauded it! This ensured a 100c+ gross, and revived a dried-up TC Box Office.
The film was simply the best of commercial films from Vijay’s stable, no arguments. It entertained a lot, yes it did. But it was far from perfect. In fact, let alone Vijay’s action portions, the rest of the film was dull... Especially the scenes that featured Kajal Agarwal and Jairam. Cut off these scenes, and we will have India’s own answer to many Hollywood biggies like Mission Impossible and The Bourne series. But unfortunately, ARM had to succumb to the commercial formula! I still would love to get a chance to edit this film, removing all the unwanted scenes.
The best episodes in the entire film –
1. The title credits with wonderful digital drawings capturing the essence of Mumbai
2. Vijay’s entry fight and “Kutti-puli Kootam” song
3. The “ponnu-paakura”scene was cute and hilarious, giving the perfect light start to the film
4. The bus blast, and the terrorist chase
5. The chase that happens at the hospital
6. Revealing that Vijay has kidnapped the terrorist and has kept him in his home
7. The torture scene of the terrorist
8. The terrace conversation and patriotic dialogues, along with the gun deal
9. Figuring out the bomb locations
10. The wedding of Vijay’s friend
11. The 12 men shooting scene [Highlight of the film]
12. I am Waiting... [Interval Block]
13. Vidyut figuring out the attackers
14. Vidyut kills Vijay’s friend
15. Vijay getting to know Vidyut’s intentions
16. The search for Vijay’s sister
17. The fight at the terrorist’s hideout
18. Vidyut calls Vijay again and tells him about bomb, subsequently getting to know his identity
19. Vijay planning with ex-marshals, handicapped ex-army men
20. The army sentiment and Vijay getting ready to lay down his life
21. Build-up to Climax
22. Climax and “Suspense oda Saavu” dialogue
23. The culmination at the railway station with “Poi Varava” playing in the background
Now try to think of the movie with ONLY these episodes... You will easily get a top-class action-packed film with NO DRAWBACKS, whatsoever! The screenplay was already evenly-paced, even with the unnecessary romance track. But after we remove these scenes, we can get to see a literally perfect and flawless product. I was really happy with the film as it was, but have always wanted it to be better. How I wish this could have been made without love/comedy! The almost 3 hour flick could have been reduced to 90 odd minutes, and still made a success at the Box Office.
The above mentioned episodes are what made this film work big time! They were exciting, and even gave goosebumps on many occasions. ARM achieved exactly what he intended to with these scenes. Vijay inspired us with his patriotic dialogues, he made us scream at the MASS moments, especially at the Interval block, and also make us look in awe at his style and classy look, even when he is getting older. These were enough to make the film a big success. But still, a portion of the audience was not yet convinced to the fullest...
The other unconvincing side of Thuppakki, was the characterizations... Vijay in one scene is shown to be a chocolate boy/Romeo from the Army, and in the next is a brutal person who tortures terrorists by hiding them in his locker and cutting off their fingers. This drastic change could have been avoided. Sathyan was annoying to say the least, and someone else with a more no-nonsense attitude, perfect posture and voice could have been cast. The exact motives behind Vidyut’s hatred towards the society and country should have been shown. Without these reasons, the whole idea of “terrorism” had been reduced to mere “Muslims-fighting-as-terrorists”. The stereotyping of Muslims could have been avoided too. So in all, only the characterization needed to improve.
Now I have planned something to get rid of these drawbacks... I have re-edited the film, and reduced it to 1 hour and 55 minutes! Going to be a treat for all action movie lovers, where they will get to see an Indian film, with no unwanted masala elements. Currently I am working on embedding the English subtitles for the film, so that audience from all over the world, from different languages can watch and enjoy the film too. Will be uploading it in another 10 days, on RP’s official YouTube channel!
“I am waiting” to hear your response for this new venture... many other films can be made crispier and more sensible like this too! Please leave your suggestions in the comments! Do SHARE this article if you think it did make you nostalgic, and also if you think it deserves one.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=227049020790563&set=a.151719001656899.1073741828.151284188367047&type=1&relevant_count=1

ajaybaskar
3rd November 2013, 12:43 PM
Excellent. please share the link here once it is uploaded.

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
3rd November 2013, 01:39 PM
+1. I'm Waiting to get my hands on it once it's uploaded !

Kumaran.P
3rd November 2013, 01:43 PM
Excellent. please share the link here once it is uploaded.

kandippa bro!!

Kumaran.P
3rd November 2013, 01:45 PM
Just went through this. ‪#‎ Thupaaki‬100c+ gross article by KPMG..
KPMG report is used 2 study the industry & file case studies quotin this as source..
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BYIJZOZCMAAWqPR.jpg
http://www.ficci.com/spdocument/20217/FICCI-KPMG-Report-13-FRAMES.pdf

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
3rd November 2013, 01:51 PM
:clap: Vijay

Mukzi
3rd November 2013, 09:31 PM
does bengali films have such huge markets to earn more than 1.24 billion INR.

SenGOEk
3rd November 2013, 09:46 PM
Nov 13 will be Thuppaki day.. Last year Nov13 it was released & made vijay enter the elite club of 100cr which many actors are dreaming so far..Let us trend Thuppaki day worldwide..

Russelldwp
3rd November 2013, 10:10 PM
Nov 13 will be Thuppaki day.. Last year Nov13 it was released & made vijay enter the elite club of 100cr which many actors are dreaming so far..Let us trend Thuppaki day worldwide..

Dear

Really we have to celebrate on Nov-13th as THUPPAKKI day since this is film only broken all previous Records and collected more than 125 Crores

Ramachandran

Kumaran.P
3rd November 2013, 10:36 PM

you're right..will always remain just a dream for them .. Yeah we'll trend !!

Rogerusabe
4th November 2013, 11:03 AM
Just In :
Thuppaki has WON the Best film of the year 2012 in Chennai Times awards !!

Kumaran.P
4th November 2013, 05:28 PM
Kalaipuli S.Thanu : ‪#‎ Thuppakki ‬project has started when ‪#‎ Vijay‬ introduced me to A R Murugadoss and said that we could make a film together. I told Murugadoss that I didn't want to hear the story as I trust him. But he sent me a one-liner, and I was mighty impressed. The film is what it is because of the team work. #Vijay, Kajal, SantoshSivan, Harris Jayaraj and Sreekar among others and that's why the film went on to be a part of the 100 crore-club!

Dammy R
6th November 2013, 03:29 PM

I saw some conversations questioning Thuppakki crossing 100 cr. This tweet reply from UTV chief is from today. Cheers!!

ezajilqet
6th November 2013, 05:03 PM
For all Thuppaki Box Office Collection and Updates, Refer this
It has up to date all articles
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.414980295235468.97349.228538177213015&type=3

Ramkumar86
6th November 2013, 05:14 PM
Is UTV Dhananjayan a crack. Yen maari maari pesittu thiriyaraan?

uruzalari
6th November 2013, 05:20 PM
Is UTV Dhananjayan a crack. Yen maari maari pesittu thiriyaraan?

The tweet of his that was posted here was on Nov 25th. Thuppakki released on Nov 13th. So there is a good chance that the movie might not have grossed 100Cr when he tweeted that. The link that he has refered later about Times Of India was published much later on February 26th.So avaru maari maari pesala. It is people who are manipulating the tweets according to their whims and fancies. He cannot be teaching people alphabets, numericals and the order of Months in a year in a calendar year I suppose :)

VinodKumar's
6th November 2013, 06:50 PM
Yov Thuppaki lam collection-ayum thaandi punitha maanathu !!!

Pona varam 12*12 scene pakkurapa pull arichathu .. 14avathhu naal avan thambi vantaanda military ku sonnapa ratham kothichathu ;).

Kumaran.P
6th November 2013, 08:12 PM
Yov Thuppaki lam collection-ayum thaandi punitha maanathu !!!

Pona varam 12*12 scene pakkurapa pull arichathu .. 14avathhu naal avan thambi vantaanda military ku sonnapa ratham kothichathu ;).

:thumbsup: Thuppakki la different league and different range(in terms of phenomenal box office collection..critical acclaims..original product ...no illogical..etc etc) its gonna be 1year since the movie was released but stil making great vibe.. :notworthy: antha mari padam inime tamilcinema la varaathu...

Mr.GreyShirt
6th November 2013, 08:40 PM
I think we should hope those kind of movies comes to tamil cinema more. Vijay needs to pick his script carefully after Thalaivaa. That movie wasn't bad but I felt that it was like two movies put together to make one.

Mr.GreyShirt
6th November 2013, 08:42 PM
They could have made the first half portion of the movie short and focused more on the second half.

Adox
6th November 2013, 09:23 PM
:thumbsup: Thuppakki la different league and different range(in terms of phenomenal box office collection..critical acclaims..original product ...no illogical..etc etc) its gonna be 1year since the movie was released but stil making great vibe.. :notworthy: antha mari padam inime tamilcinema la varaathu...

Agree. Thuppakki was great for Vijay. Original script and screen play, no punch dialogues and nothing over the top. Intha maari padam dhan Vijay target seiyanum and he can do it. At this stage in his career, he can be more gutsy as well breaking away from regular formula movies. IMO, Thalaivaa was not a great choice ....