PDA

View Full Version : Ilayathalapathy Vijay & A.R Muragadoss' Thuppakki

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

mdsherin
15th November 2012, 11:09 PM
hai I'm a die hard fan of our Thalapathy.....Thuppaki is extra ordinary film in our talapathy's life.
btw ajay basakar r u in dubai....bcos I 'm also wrking in dubai but nw I'm in kerala.

also tell me hw was the crowd in golden cinemas ...

CEDYBLUE
15th November 2012, 11:13 PM
hai I'm a die hard fan of our Thalapathy.....Thuppaki is extra ordinary film in our talapathy's life.
btw ajay basakar r u in dubai....bcos I 'm also wrking in dubai but nw I'm in kerala.

also tell me hw was the crowd in golden cinemas ...

Welcome!!!!

ajaybaskar
15th November 2012, 11:14 PM
Ippadi en pera kolai panradhaa irundhaa neenga keralavuleye irunga.. :evil:

CEDYBLUE
15th November 2012, 11:14 PM
Ippadi en pera kolai panradhaa irundhaa neenga keralavuleye irunga.. :evil:

:lol:

mdsherin
15th November 2012, 11:18 PM
sorry ajay...I want to know the crowd response in golden cinemas bcos I used watch film in that theatre only...

ajaybaskar
15th November 2012, 11:21 PM
Simply kidding mate.. :)

The crowd response was awesome. I never had the feeling that I was watching the movie in another country. In Deira, ppl were silent as if they were mourning.

mdsherin
15th November 2012, 11:23 PM
k thank u. wen u will be back.....I'm coming back on 7th

nickraman
15th November 2012, 11:26 PM
Guess kerala mega stars might soon request not to screen anymore thalaivar films in kerala :lol:

It's people like Mammooty who would start revolting such requests. I think they've done in the past when some tamil biggie did huge business over their mallu biggie. Can't remember the name.

mdsherin
15th November 2012, 11:26 PM
A four crore for 'Thuppaki'
IndiaGlitz [Thursday, November 15, 2012] Comments

Ilayadhalapathi 'Vijay's latest Tamil film 'Thuppaki' is becoming an eye opener for the trade analysts of the state with its surprise initials. The movie which was released in 126 centres across the state is said to accumulate around four crores with its 2-day run, the best ever for a Tamil film in Kerala. The movie started screening in the wee hours of the release day. Special shows kickstarted by 4 am in the capital city while a release centre at Palakkad started it at 5 am. Many of the centres witnessed lathicharges before the ticket counters and were forced to go for a fifth show on the first day which resulted in almost 600 shows in a single day- a record number of screenings for any film in the state. This will make merry for its distributor Thammens who had bagged around 2 crores in two days as distributor share, making it another easy earner for them.

Meanwhile , Actor Vijay is all set to visit the state by the 19th of the month, to see the fans who has given a instant thumps up for his movie. The actor will be visiting the theatres at Calicut this time, where the movie is being screened in three different centres.

Interestingly it was the BigM's Malayalam films that thoroughly lost to the Vijay starrer. In much of the cities Mamootty's 'Jawan of Vellimala' was forced out of theatres while 'lal's Run baby Run' has almost stopped screening in much of the centres.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/malayalam/article/88233.html

San_K
15th November 2012, 11:28 PM
By any scale , it is huge ..not to forget , it is not dubbed ..just the direct Tamil movies ..getting these much response ..especially among youths ..defenitely malayalam superstars should have strong feeling .

Just wanted to say

தமிழர்களுக்கு மலையாளமும் மலையாளிகளுக்கு தமிழும் (ஓரளவிற்கு) புரிந்து கொள்ள முடிந்த ஒன்றுதானே?

ajaybaskar
15th November 2012, 11:30 PM
True., that is why Tamil movies have a straight release while Telugu movies are dubbed.

VinodKumar's
16th November 2012, 12:22 AM
Title card. The change started from here itself. No sar bur for hero's name.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A7w1TIqCIAAHDKV.png:large

VinodKumar's
16th November 2012, 01:29 AM
Venki , padam paathacha ???

Selva , when are you coming to Atlanta ??

ajaybaskar
16th November 2012, 01:54 AM
taran adarsh ‏@taran_adarsh (https://twitter.com/taran_adarsh)
Tamil film #Thuppakki (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Thuppakki&src=hash) is shining in Overseas, despite the overpowering competition posed by #JTHJ (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23JTHJ&src=hash) and #SOS (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23SOS&src=hash). Excellent!

venkkiram
16th November 2012, 01:55 AM
Venki , padam paathacha ??? Asking me? If yes, no I haven't yet. Planning to watch Thuppaakki this week end at Big Cinemas .

VinodKumar's
16th November 2012, 03:12 AM
Asking me? If yes, no I haven't yet. Planning to watch Thuppaakki this week end at Big Cinemas .

:cool:.

VinodKumar's
16th November 2012, 03:13 AM
Today paper ad.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A7xXm2uCMAE1oFJ.jpg:large

selvamohankumar
16th November 2012, 04:53 AM
Venki , padam paathacha ???

Selva , when are you coming to Atlanta ??

Vinod,

Saturday morning. Do u think i have to book online and come or i can come in directly and get the tickets? what say?

VinodKumar's
16th November 2012, 04:55 AM
Vinod,

Saturday morning. Do u think i have to book online and come or i can come in directly and get the tickets? what say?

No no u can come in and get the tickets directly. Atlanta first 2 3 days kootama irunthalae ellorum paahutaanganu artham :).

aceqoxim
16th November 2012, 07:00 AM
Watched the movie in cineworld london. Theatre occupancy about 90% on weekday. Went with a northie friend who actually didnt need the help of subtitles unlike me.

Had the songs been avoided and love track omitted this movie would have been on par with hollywood movies. Had lots of interesting twists throughout. Other than the last song nothing else really seemed to dampen the speed of the movie. Racy screenplay. This movie is definitely better than pokkiri just for the intelligent content alone.

Vijay. When did he become such a hottie? I was jolling all over the place. vidyut is equally hot. I liked the fact that how the villain mostly outsmarted the hero, except in the climax. The climax was crispt, kinda blunt but to the point. Overall thuppakki definitelys got repeat value. Well done murgadoss. Id gladly watch a part2 without kajal and harris.

Shanker
16th November 2012, 08:04 AM
Watched Thuppakki a couple of days ago in Singapore, Golden Mile. Cinema was half full even at 12.30pm on a weekday. The film was technically brilliant and so were the cast, especially Vijay. His screen presence was phenomenal. When ARM said in an interview he had extracted the best out of Vijay, I was sceptical but his movie has proven it. Vijay owned the role of Jagadish. The story itself is simple enough but it's the execution where this film really shines.

Kajal was OK, she was more like a heroine cum comedian and her role wasn't meaty enough unlike the roles in Ghajini and 7aam arivu. Nevertheless, she had done pretty well in comedy and song sequences. Sathyan and Jayaram also provide comic relief and they are adequate. Vidyut as the villian was excellent. His quiet, subtle performance was terrifying.

Santosh Sivan was brilliant through out, be it in a dhoby ghat or in a club. However, I felt that due to the script, he wasn't really given an opportunity to shine... unlike Raavanan. Sreekar Prasad did a fine job in the editing department. Though the length was quite long at 2hr 45mins, there wasn't a dull moment though the Vennilave song was put in abruptly and slowed down the movie a little. Last but not least, ARM. This man had an idea of a script, wrote it, made a screenplay and directed it to perfection, despite tiny flaws. Hats off to ARM. Special mention should be said about how he crafted Vijay's look in the film. Pure class with subtle mass.

Now to the negatives... The weakest link in the movie is HJ. The BGM is honestly fantastic but that's about it. Song are OK and were picturised quite nicely, especially Antartica and Google Google. The film also got a bit over the top in the climax, with a Ghilli-like sequence but it was bearable.

Overally, it's one great film. Easily both Vijay's and ARM's best to date. Going for my 2nd show tomorrow and dragging a Vijay-hater along with me. My favourite scenes in the movie would be the pre-interval sequence and Vijay's entry during the rescue mission. Goosebumps. And I am already seeing fans requesting ARM for a Thuppakki 2 in Twitter. I don't see why not but only if ARM and Santosh Sivan are part of it. HJ is expendable.

On a side note, I can see why Vijay requested for a different script from GVM. Yohan would be too similar to Thuppakki, only perhaps more James Bondish and less Sherlock Holmish. Waiting eagerly for Vijay-Vijay combination now.

venkkiram
16th November 2012, 08:24 AM
விஜய் இனி துப்பறியும் கதைகளிலேயே நடிக்கலாம். பாத்திரங்களுக்கு உரிய பொது குணாதியங்களை மாற்றாமல் இராணுவ வீரராகவோ, காவலராகவோ.. இயக்குனர்கள் வெவ்வேறாக இருப்பினும் பார்ட் 1, பார்ட் 2 என தொடர்ந்து நடிக்கணும். ஹாலிவுட் படங்கள் போல தமிழ்ப் படங்களிலும் பாத்திரப் படைப்பு பெரிய அளவில் பேசப்படனும் . விஜய்க்கு இயல்பாகவே ஸ்டைல் கலந்த ஆக்ஷன் வருவதால் கூடுதல் சிறப்பு.

CEDYBLUE
16th November 2012, 08:38 AM
Priyamani: Just came out after watching thupakki....for the first time in a Tamil cinema off late a very well sketched movie...hats off to murugadoss sir for planning the plot well...well executed...take a bow Santosh Sivan...extraordinary cinematography...Vijay has done a neat job...Definitely a new trend in Tamil cinema...

SenGOEk
16th November 2012, 09:07 AM
BreakingViews@BreakingViews4u
Thuppakki Released in Qatar & Kuwait - Kuwait & Doha reported that all shows for today are sold out, booking started 4 tmrw

VinodKumar's
16th November 2012, 09:34 AM
IT seems few scenes will be cut from the movie from tomorrow :(. Velayuthathulayum thaana muslim theevarathi kaamikapattathu appo yean yaarum varala. Cha olunga padatha oda vidamaatainga pola :twisted:.

maniram_1234
16th November 2012, 09:38 AM
Crow's itseems is not true for Tamil Nadu.

Billa 2 gross in Tamil Nadu on Day 1 - 10.87 Crores

https://twitter.com/sri50/status/224164885746032640

vanthutaruppa aala kanumnu pathan

SenGOEk
16th November 2012, 10:50 AM
Vijay Yesudas @IAMVIJAYYESUDAS
'Thupaaki' - Surely one of the best and neatest entertaining films I Have seen in a long timeee... CONGRATS VIJAY ANNA.. Superb action & Congrats @ARMurugadoss SIR - SUPER SMART FILM SIR!! Summa sollale' Watched it with friends, and everyone loved it. Kalakkeetenga!! :)

Mahen
16th November 2012, 11:00 AM
Santosh Sivan was brilliant through out, be it in a dhoby ghat or in a club. However, I felt that due to the script, he wasn't really given an opportunity to shine...
+1...

SenGOEk
16th November 2012, 11:35 AM
Tupaki Reviews - Telugu Critics give thumbs up

http://www.moviecrow.com/News/1579/tupaki-reviews---telugu-critics-give-thumbs-up

ajaybaskar
16th November 2012, 01:27 PM
Though the Kajal chapter was needless, I thought she had done a pretty neat job. I liked her reactions while she confronts Jayaram with Vijay in the former's house. To be fair, ARM couldn't have written that role with more details. It would've reduced the pace of the movie.

Vidyut was menacing. Credit to ARM for writing a role who is as brainy as the hero and outsmarts him in the cat and mouse game. Not many times does an antagonist gets such a meaty role. Two things I noted. His name was not at all revealed through out (Or was it?) and he meets the hero only in the climax. The movie was all about that meeting.

I liked the songs before its release. But I thought they were poorly picturised. Only Alaika Laika looked good on screen. It looked as if they had shot the other songs just for the sake of it. However, Harris made amends with his BGM. A pulsating score which complimented the jet speed screenplay. Last time I liked HJ's BGM was in PKMC.

Santhosh's camera work was commendable but it was nowhere near his earlier works with Mani. Also, the ARRI Alexa's greatness, which I witnessed last week in Skyfall, was missing. May be ARM's rather quick working style played its part. But still the cinematography stands tall. Especially, the scenes in the busy streets of Dharavi.

And one important man I would like to appreciate is Kecha. I didn't know anything about him before watching this movie. On googling, I found out that he was the stunt co ordinator of Billa 2 and Vishwaroopam. The actions blocks were nothing short of great and this should be the best for Vijay. No ropes used. No flying around. But the intensity was amazing.

I had reduced my expectations on this movie after ARM's last work. And ironically, he gave similar statements before the release. Vijay's best work, gripping screenplay, blah blah. And as Kumudham article pointed out, nothing had gone right from the start for Thuppakki. The GFC SAC dispute, the ARM -SAC dispute, title dispute, the postponement issues and many. And my hopes were getting reduced with each blocks. But at last it is here - The year's blockbuster, proving that there is always dawn after the dark.

MrIndia
16th November 2012, 01:43 PM
Had a chance to watch the movie today.
Overall experience was great. Even with 6 songs the movie was pretty fast.
Camera and screen play played a big role. Vijay was amazing and more natural in the role. kajal was ok.
Clearly see lot of hardwork is put into the movie and it came out really well. Vj should act in these kinda movies hereafter.

Our Critic mind always find some faults or improvements in the movie. I felt two/three songs could have been cut and choreo/songs could have been better using Vjs Dance Talent. But again one of dialogues vijay said to his sister in car comes to my mind
"neenga haai-ya veetla utkaandu remote-la channel maathitu ippadi pannirukalaam apidi pannirundha nalla irundhukum solluveenga" :p

One of the best movies in recent times. Vj was more mature and i over-heard people appreciate his acting in this movie.. I never thought i will hear this :)

Hope this success helps vijay to make decisions for his future movies. varushathukku oru nanban(4 months) oru thuppaki(8 months).. pothunganna.. engaiyo poyiduveenga.
ARMurugadoss, Brilliant Job.

19thmay
16th November 2012, 01:57 PM
IT seems few scenes will be cut from the movie from tomorrow :(. Velayuthathulayum thaana muslim theevarathi kaamikapattathu appo yean yaarum varala. Cha olunga padatha oda vidamaatainga pola :twisted:.

Adhellam odum, it actually earns more advertisement to the movie. But it is better to leave this terrorism theme itself. It just increases the biased vengeance over muslims among the common public who are unaware about the background of terrorism. Put them in your shoes you will understand

otedoric
16th November 2012, 01:58 PM
'MrIndia' - Where did u watch and how abt the occupancy %

ajaybaskar
16th November 2012, 02:08 PM
Sri,

In india, most of the incidents that happen are conducted by the terrorists of one particular community. There is a saying: Not all Muslims are terrorists. But all terrorists are Muslims. Yes. There were some incidents which involved other religion ppl too. But the lion's share goes to Muslim terrorists. But the portrayal of them should be in a more matured way. They have their own set of ideologies. Not many movies have captured that.

ecureuhapis
16th November 2012, 02:51 PM
Thuppaki - Telugu review

http://www.idlebrain.com/movie/archive/mr-tupaki.html

Jeevi rating:3.25/5
Punchline: intelligent play
Genre: Action
Type: Dubbed (Thuppakki in Tamil)
Banner: SVR Media

Cast: Vijay, Kajal Agarwal, Satyan, Jayaram, Vidyut Jamwal etc

Music: Harris Jayraj
Cinematography: Santosh Sivan
Editing: A Sreekar Prasad
Story - screenplay direction: Murugadoss
Producer: Kalaipuli S Thanu
Release date: 13 November 2012
Theater watched: Screen 3, Cinemax Banjara Hills, Hyderabad

Story
Jagadish (Vijay) is a military man who comes to Mumbai on his one month vacation to spend time with his family. A simple search for a stolen purse in a city bus leads to a big terrorist plot. Jagadish realises that things will not be same if police involves in it. He takes the mission of averting bomb blasts in his own hands. He realises that only way to eradicate terrorism is to get to the boss of these sleeper cells and kill him. The rest of the story is all about how he achieves his goal.

Artists Performance
Vijay who is known as a mass hero seem to be putting efforts to get rid of the mass tag. His films Snehitudu (remake of 3 Idiots) and Tupaki are latest examples. His is suave and sophisticated in the role that need brains. He is excellent. Kajal Agarwal is cute just like the way she is in Mr. Perfect film. Jayaram played the role of Vijay’s boss. Satyan who did the ‘Balatkar’ role in Snehitudu has done the role of a cop. He is entertaining. Vidyut Jamwal is exceptionally good as the leader of sleeper cells unit.

Technical department
Story - screenplay - direction: The basic story is about the mind game between a terrorist and a secret agent. Murugadoss comes up with an interesting screenplay that makes you glued to the screen all the time. The interesting aspect in this film is that the hero and villain doesn’t physically meet each other till the climax. And they try to outsmart each other with cold-blooded thinking all the time. To make this film more universal, Murugadoss also added the family angle and romance thread. The romance aspect of the film is also good.

Other departments: Cinematography by Santosh Sivan is of top notch quality. Background music by Harris Jayaraj is good, but tunes for the songs should have been better. Dialogues are neat and editing is crisp. Action sequences' choreography is stylish. This film is made with slick production values.

Analysis
Tupaki is a stylish and slick entertainer. The director has stuck with the main theme and didn’t dilute it for the sake of masala. It is a subject that has pan-India appeal and it’s an intelligent game between two individuals who are working for and against the country. Murugadoss who disappointed us with 7th Sense strikes back with Tupaki. You may watch Tupaki.

:victory::shoot:

this is probably the best golti site out there.

namakku ap-layum account open panniyachu.

San_K
16th November 2012, 02:59 PM
So brand ARM is bigger than brand Shankar in telugu?

Parthyy
16th November 2012, 03:42 PM
nope shankar is the biggest brand (dir)in ap

Parthyy
16th November 2012, 03:43 PM
can say arm next to him

Parthyy
16th November 2012, 03:46 PM
arm comes next to him dir like gvm bala kvanand too familiar there

Pradeep_vijay_kumar
16th November 2012, 03:51 PM
@sri50: #Thuppakki Box Office update 4 TN-Day 2 Nov 14, Net-Rs 8.10 Crore! Awesome
@sri50: #Thuppakki TN-Day 3, Nov 15- Rs 4.80 Crore.Good
@sri50: #Thuppakki- B-O, TN Total for 3 days- Rs 22.15 Crore. Stupendous

San_K
16th November 2012, 05:13 PM
Ivaru eppo CBO-la irunthu TNBO-ku transfer aanaru

GSV
16th November 2012, 05:17 PM
Watched thuppakki on wednesday.. no net access so could not post anything ..

I am really really happy for vijay..been waiting for long time to have a celebration like this everywhere..

Coming to the film,

Vijay's one of the finest and matured performance right from body language, attitude, style and dialogue delivery.. Full credits to ARM and Santhosh..
The Best movie/screenplay in recent times.. Best thing abt movie is though the duration is 2.45 mins, totally gripping, no dragging and boring sequence.. liked kajal and her screen presence is good too.. Jayaram and sathyan expressions were really good in all scenes..

Liked the picturisation of vennilave and antartica song.. Good that HJ used main theme as BGM thru'out the film..

Like ARM said, Military Full meal saapta satisafaction..

Thalaiva :bow: :smokesmirk: ARM :clap: ...

ajaybaskar
16th November 2012, 05:22 PM
Exclusive interview with Firstpost, Murugadoss opens up :

Q. Congratulations on the initial reports on Thuppakki.

I’m absolutely thrilled with the opening and the feedback I’m getting about Thuppakki. All sections of the audience are loving it and WOM (word of mouth) is strong. Right from the time I wrote the story, I was sure it will work and with Vijay agreeing to do the film, I was even more confident that it will be a hit.

Q. You have an impressive track record with superstars. What is the secret of your success at the box-office?

First and foremost, I believe content is king in commercial cinema. Today’s audiences want something fresh and innovative in story and presentation. I got the story idea of Thuppakki from 9/11 and 26/11 Mumbai attack, which happened due to meticulous planning and the use of sleeper cells. I found that terrorism is an industry by itself, and sleeper cells are there in many parts of the world to coordinate terrorist strikes. After my story was ready, I looked for the commercial packaging, which is important if you have to reach the mass audiences.

Q. So, story, big star and essential commercial elements are the ingredients for a super hit?

Yes, definitely a big star has the pull. The fans of the star initially buy a ticket to watch him in action and if the content is good, the film becomes a hit. In the case of Thuppakki, Vijay has a huge fan base, which helped the film to garner an opening.

However, the most difficult thing is to get the correct commercial mix, or what we call mass elements, to sync with the story. In the case of Thuppakki, there was comedy, romance, action and songs. The best of technicians added finesse to the product. The villain played by Vidyut Jamwal was as cunning and smart as the hero, and in the end he loses out only because of his ego, which made it believable. The ‘Google Google’ song, composed by Harris Jayaraj and sung by our hero Vijay along with Andrea, has become a chartbuster. I believe in telling a story under three hours with a popular star. It has to be engaging, interesting and at the same time, entertaining.

Q. How did you manage to rope in internationally reputed cinematographer Santosh Sivan and national award winning editor Sreekar Prasad to be part of the film?

(Smiles). Yes, it is a coup of sorts to work with national award winners such as Santosh Sivan and Sreekar Prasad. To work with Mani Ratnam’s cameraman and Adoor Gopalakrishnan’s editor is a dream come true. They agreed to do the film after I narrated my story to them. Today, a commercial film has to look rich and technically chic in all aspects. Santosh sir and Nani sir (Sreekar Prasad) have done a great job. Santosh Sivan has shot the film using digital cameras and has shot in never seen before seen Mumbai locations, while Nani sir’s seamless editing with no jerks made a 2 hour 50 minutes film racy.

Q. What next?

I’m starting the Hindi remake of Thuppakki with Akshay Kumar and Parineeti Chopra in December for producer Vipul Shah. The technicians and the rest of the star cast are being finalised.

Q.The best compliment you received so far?

The one and only superstar Rajinikanth called me up after watching Thuppakki and said it was brilliant and a well-made entertainer. During my school and college days, I was a crazy fan of his and still remember watching his films first day first show!

ajaybaskar
16th November 2012, 06:44 PM
gurunath meiyappan ‏@gurunath75 (https://twitter.com/gurunath75)
Thupaki is a super duper hit. Congrats to Kalai Pulli Thanu and the entire team for making such a good film.

aceqoxim
16th November 2012, 07:37 PM
Despite not loving the songs much, I absolutely loved the BGM. Athukagave harris manichu vidalam. Innonu, after a long time I didn't see Vijay on screen. I only saw Jagdish, this stylish, sherlockish, smart guy who flexes his brain more than his muscle. Like vj santosh shivans camera was subtle but stil had an electrifying presence. I loved the shot of Vj sitting by the beach before the kidnap scene and the frame fades out to him waking up along the sidewalk.

The mushy idiot in me loved vj's reaction and voice modulation when his sister asks him to get her a pair of jeans not knowing she is being used as a live bait. 'antha matterke unnai pudikalai' line had me in stitches, but also showed how much vj has humbled down or rather his charecterizations has humbled down. Thottale paranthu paranthu adikira vijayai parthu parthu this movie is such a welcome relief. A sentiment echoed by my friends who are neutrals.

like someone else said I can understand why vijay must have said no to yohan. He could have easily pulled of the westernized yohan with the ease he pulled of the stylish jagdish. He probably wanted to avoid similiarities in scripts, another thing that shows me his careless days of not giving two shit about story selections are over. Which is why I believe that al vijay or that whatshisname new director may have something good in store for us.

SenGOEk
16th November 2012, 07:59 PM
by Sreedhar Pillai

http://www.firstpost.com/bollywood/rajini-said-thuppakki-was-brilliant-director-ar-murugadoss-525968.html

Kollywood-Bollywood director AR Murugadoss is on cloud nine.
His Diwali Tamil release Thuppakki with Vijay has taken a gargantuan opening and is being hailed by both the masses and the critics. The trade has declared it a super hit.
On the opening day, Thuppakki netted an impressive Rs 9.25 crore from Tamil Nadu alone. Tamil superstar Rajinikanth, who had a special screening at home, called up Murugadoss after watching the film and congratulated him for a “fantastic job and a brilliant film”.

The Kollywood grapevine has it that when Aamir Khan was first introduced to Murugadoss for Ghajini, he mistook him for a schoolboy! But soon, Amir realised that behind that boyish charm was a steely determination and enthusiasm to get his work done. The man from a small town in Tamil Nadu, Kallakurichi near Salem, is today one of India’s most wanted directors among Bollywood and southern superstars. He will be starting his next film with Akshay Kumar shortly, the Hindi remake of Thuppakki.

A R Murugadoss.
Take a look at Murugadoss’s awesome strike rate. His debut film Dheena (2001) with popular Tamil star Ajith was a super hit. It was followed by Ramanna (2002) with Vijaykanth (now the opposition leader in Tamil Nadu assembly) another super hit. Then came Ghajini (2005) with Suriya, which was a blockbuster. Next was Aamir Khan’s Hindi remake of Ghajini (2007), which is considered to be the first Rs 100 crore-club film in Bollywood. He has also done a hit film in Telugu, Stalin (2006), with megastar Chiranjeevi.

The only exception was his last Diwali release with Suriya in Tamil, the Sci-Fi thriller 7aum Arivu (2011), which was an average grosser. Now, the big budget specialist has bounced back with Thuppakki, which trade analysts feel has blockbuster written all over it.

SenGOEk
16th November 2012, 08:04 PM
BreakingViews @BreakingViews4u
#Thuppakki Kerala Box Office Report 4.22cr from 3 days [1.71+1.27+1.24] TVM 21 lakhs in 3 days

SenGOEk
16th November 2012, 08:18 PM
TFU Kannan @TFU_Kannan
#Thuppakki holds well at B-O! Going by the +ve word of mouth & coming weekend collections, it will be sure shot hit as of now.

SenGOEk
16th November 2012, 08:44 PM
Ashwin Ravichandran @ashwinravi99
Heard good stuff abt Thupaki and movie not being screened here.(As wifey says) :-)

ocuzwaalajui
16th November 2012, 08:45 PM
Vassoolai vaarugira padangal ippodhu eralam.. adhill makkal manadhil nirpavai evai???? Watched thuppaki ...every shot focusing vijay its a out and out vj movie only .. no access for arm... AN AVERAGE

uruzalari
16th November 2012, 08:55 PM
Vassoolai vaarugira padangal ippodhu eralam.. adhill makkal manadhil nirpavai evai???? Watched thuppaki ...every shot focusing vijay its a out and out vj movie only .. no access for arm... AN AVERAGE

The second part of your statement is your personal view about the movie. That is your judjement and your call. But "Vassoolai vaarugira padangal ippodhu eralam" ithuthaan idikuthu ...... this has been a year where big star movies have dissapointed big time.

19thmay
16th November 2012, 09:02 PM
Ashwin Ravichandran @ashwinravi99
Heard good stuff abt Thupaki and movie not being screened here.(As wifey says) :-)

2 wicket eduthutaapla innaiku, adhaan :lol2:

One major drawback of this movie is, few hindi dialogues without subtitles. Not sure how this will work in B&C. A centre-la irukura neraya perukkE puriyala [ including me ].

joe
16th November 2012, 09:04 PM
A centre-la irukura neraya perukkE puriyala [ including me ].
A centre-la irunthaalum Hindi therinja thaan puriyum :lol:

19thmay
16th November 2012, 09:10 PM
Naangellam 2 maasam Delhi-la baasha theriyama auto-karanga, maliga kadai, wine shop-laam...dhoosi-la, paper-la ezhudhi kaati puriyavachavainga. Ooralavukku hindhi puriyum. But idhula Vijay fast-a vera Hindi pesuvaar, adhaan follow panna mudila.

Kumaran.P
16th November 2012, 09:15 PM
Thuppakki Movie Review by OVFC :
All that begins well, ends well says proverb. The year that had begun with "All is well" for Vijay fans, has ended extremely well this Diwali, thanks to Ilayathalapathy Vijay's Thuppakki directed by A.R.Murugadoss.
Ever since release of Nanban, Vijay fans were eagerly waiting for the release of Thuppaki. The prime reasons being:
> First time combination of Vijay and A.R.Murugadoss
> Straight action film from Vijay after long time
> Vijay's next after hatrick hits of Kavalan, Velayudham and Nanban
> A rare outing of Santosh Sivan apart from his usual Manirathnam's movies
The wait of 10 months and watching it on Diwali day has given the fans the pride of a mother seeing her new born child, of course we also waited for almost 10 months with patience and pain in heart. So it’s a scream for us.
When Vijay's movie is set for a Diwali release, the Diwali is not complete for Vijay fans till get catch it in theatres. If Thirumalai was an atom bomb, Sivakaasi was a saravedi and Velayudham was a 1000 wala, Thuppakki is more than a 10000 wala for his fans. The vibrations and excitement would take a long long time to settle down.
Sorry if this hurts the sentiments of Ghilli devotees, even I am one. But Thuppakki is clearly a film to celebrate and cherish above Ghilli, because it is an original work. (Remaking is not at all bad)Moreover, it has a never seen before Vijay rocking all over and it is his best performance in an action film. The film has been chiseled out by the experienced hands of many top technicians. While Ghilli had a few overdone scenes for the mass factor, Thuppakki exudes even more mass without such scenes. So clearly, Thuppakki holds a higher hand followed by Ghilli.
As every other fan, I have different most favourite movies of Vijay in different genres. For comedy it is Vaseegara, for romance it is Sachein and so on. Ghilli and Pokkiri were my favourites in action genre; Thuppakki has now easily taken over the top spot.
Is this an ARM film or a Vijay film?It is tough to say. It is a team effort of Vijay, ARM, Santhosh Sivan, Sreekar prasad and many other technicians. But putting a gun to my head, I would say it is an ARM film executed by Vijay. As he said, he is the bullet in Thuppakki and his presence is what makes the film work big time.
Murugadoss has worked very hard to make this a different action film. He has made a slick action thriller and at the same time stayed within the commercial boundaries to entertain all classes of people. He has also got the best out of not only Vijay but his whole team which is what makes the film brilliant.
Another major work of ARM involves placing the strongest villan against Vijay, not just physically but also in terms of intelligence. Vidyut Jamwal shines as the villan, without the way his character has been chiselled out, it would have been just an one way encounter and the film would have lost substance. His actions close on the heels of Vijay is what brings the thrill to watch.
The scenes which would give any good movie lover goose bumps are:
- The moment when dog barks and enters the place where the girls are kidnapped and kept, andthereafter entry of Vijay with a gunshot.
- The sleeper cell destruction scene when Vijay ends the game and orders for shoot
- The scene when Vijay asks Sathyan to take care of his family
- The climax scene when Vijay says. "Andha bayam irukanum da"
If ARM is the brain of Thuppakki, Santhosh Sivan is the eye. Be it racy action or sweet romance, indoor or outdoor, his camera work speaks for itself, no wonderit comes from a national award winner. Same has to be said about Sreekar Prasad, who has edited the film without even a single dull moment and never make you feel like watching a movie of about 165 mins. Art direction in Vijay's house settingsand songs is neatly done; the setsof Alaika Laika and Google Googleare real treat to watch. The whole technical team has done their best to ensure the success of the film.
Keecha is a new name for a Vijay movie, but his style and execution of the stunt choreography in Thuppakki is highly commendable. The whole body language of Vijay in fight sequences of the film is entirely different from his previous actionventures. Not only that, all fights are extremely believable, of course, barring some heroism which has to exist. More of a street fight of an army man with his opponents than a mass hero'sover the top stunts is what has worked very well for Thuppakki.
Vijay's chemistry with Kajal has worked out very well in Thuppakki, for me it is on the lines of Trisha and Asin, as she matches up with Vijay in comic timing, dance and their romantic scenes have come out really well. The voice over by Raginisri of Super Singer fame has worked out to her advantage. Vijay and Kajal make a beautiful portrait in Vennilave song which is a visual treat. I would be lovely to see them together sometime again in the future.
Whatever average work Harris does for other movies he works for, he has not failed to deliver for Vijay films both in Nanban and Thuppaki. While the audio was already a hit among fans with smashing songs, the bigger responsibility of rerecording work has been executed with near perfection by Harris. The theme song 'Jagdish on Mission' used by him in many places is a rage in the film. It perfectly suited the scenes wherever it was used. All action scene BGMs including the villain theme were too good. Not just that,the Nisha rap used for Kajal, Vennilave and Poi Varava BGMs placed aptly in many scenes were all samples of the good work done by Harris.
The emotions run high for everyone when it comes to nation and patriotic feelings. The scenes where Vijay explains about the army man from Pudukottai who was tortured and killed, when he explains to Sathyan why he is not worried about sacrificing his life and the Poi Varavaa song in end credits will really make your hearts go out to those Jawans guarding us day and night all through the year against all odds. No wonder when the "Dedicated to" caption is displayed, people applaud in theatres.
Vijay has lived the character this time, which is usual, but the major differentiation is his completely different style of acting and body language which he maintains throughout the film. Not only he has underplayed his mass hero image, but he has acted in such a way that you will feel the mass inside you rather than it explicitly showing onscreen through Vijay. It is not that he was not capable of it before, but as ARM said, he has extracted the best out of Vijay as much as he can. And it shows off clearly on screen.
To say more about Vijay, he has this extremely good physique for the role of army man in this film, quite natural one, sans unwanted six packs and beefing up. As always, he is best in the songs and comic timing. Kutti Puli kootam is a subtle opening song,very different from usual Vijay films. His stylist and costume designer needs special mention as he looks like a million bucks in all costumes. His Hindi and English dialogues are perfect and fans give a roaring response in theatres whenever he utters them.
If you want to be thrilled and entertained in this festival season, Thuppakki is the best choice. Even otherwise, if you respect good films and honour the sacrifices of Indian Army to the nation, you must watch Thuppakki. For Vijay fans, this is a movie that has to top the record number of times you have watched.
As every other Vijay fan, I would also love to see this combo of Vijay-ARM-Santh osh Sivan-Sreekar Prasad once again. Definitely, yes!. Let them bring on Thuppakki part-2 soon. We (Vijay fans) are waiting.

Kumaran.P
16th November 2012, 09:17 PM
Rajasekar @sekartweets : Total 3 day world wide gross of#Thuppakki around ~34cr! full report soon...
http://m.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-h.ak/hphotos-ak-ash3/46414_170063353138581_2098211233_n.jpg

Kumaran.P
16th November 2012, 09:22 PM
Mass response For Google Google song \m/
http://m.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-c.ak/hphotos-ak-ash3/75928_518907598121636_395072269_n.jpg

Kumaran.P
16th November 2012, 09:27 PM
THERIII MASS !!!
http://m.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-d.ak/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/920_518945904784472_1939497364_n.jpg

SoftSword
16th November 2012, 09:28 PM

PARAMASHIVAN
16th November 2012, 09:37 PM
What is this MASS implying?? Isacc Newton's 2nd law of force >> Force = MASS * Acceleration ??

Warden
16th November 2012, 09:42 PM
What is this MASS implying?? Isacc Newton's 2nd law of force >> Force = MASS * Acceleration ??

Wow! Brilliant.

PARAMASHIVAN
16th November 2012, 09:43 PM
:lol2:

Kumaran.P
16th November 2012, 09:52 PM
Sidhu Writes @sidhuwrites(via twitter)
#Thuppakki kicked off with 8 screens in the UAE. Now it has kicked up to 20!
http://m.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-a.ak/hphotos-ak-prn1/542597_531469656880667_1997019149_n.png

SoftSword
16th November 2012, 09:55 PM
are u guys posting all the tweets related to thuppaakki...
who is this siddhu?? navjot singh??

MrIndia
16th November 2012, 10:05 PM

Vijay's Hindi in the movie was amazing. believable.

Cant believe this same vijay couldn't deliver a single hindi dialogue in ATM. ambulance bajaavo.... Director-a sollanum.

VinodKumar's
16th November 2012, 10:22 PM
What are the scenes removed in Thuppakki. I am afraid that it may affect the flow of the film.

Warden
16th November 2012, 10:24 PM
What are the scenes removed in Thuppakki. I am afraid that it may affect the flow of the film.

Will be watching it again on Sunday.Will let you know.
Can't they agree on a fine or some some sort of community service?
Idiots :evil:

venkkiram
16th November 2012, 10:29 PM
இனி வரும் படங்களில் பாகிஸ்தான்/ஆப்கானிஸ்தான் நாட்டு தீவிரவாதிகளை சித்தரிக்கும் காட்சிகளில் அவர்களின் பெயர்களை "கோபாலகிருஷ்ணன், பாலசுப்ரமணியம், திலகர், சச்சின்" என அழைக்கணும். படம் ஆரம்பிக்கையில் "படத்தின் வரும் நிகழுவுகள் உண்மை சம்பவமாக கூட இருக்கலாம் ஆனால் வழக்குகளுக்கு பயந்து பெயர்கள் மட்டும் மாற்றப்பட்டிருக்கின்றன என அடிக்கோடிட்டு எழுதிடணும்.

Warden
16th November 2012, 10:30 PM
இனி வரும் படங்களில் பாகிஸ்தான்/ஆப்கானிஸ்தான் நாட்டு தீவிரவாதிகளை சித்தரிக்கும் காட்சிகளில் அவர்களின் பெயர்களை "கோபாலகிருஷ்ணன், பாலசுப்ரமணியம், திலகர், சச்சின்" என அழைக்கணும். படம் ஆரம்பிக்கையில் "படத்தின் வரும் நிகழுவுகள் உண்மை சம்பவமாக கூட இருக்கலாம் ஆனால் வழக்குகளுக்கு பயந்து பெயர்கள் மட்டும் மாற்றப்பட்டிருக்கின்றன என அடிக்கோடிட்டு எழுதிடணும்.
:rotfl:

selvamohankumar
16th November 2012, 10:34 PM

Epadi than oru puthu padam varum pothu ningalam veliya varinga! Movie got very positive review everywhere. Hard luck buddy. zbye.

San_K
16th November 2012, 11:04 PM
by Sreedhar Pillai

http://www.firstpost.com/bollywood/rajini-said-thuppakki-was-brilliant-director-ar-murugadoss-525968.html

A R Murugadoss.
Take a look at Murugadoss’s awesome strike rate. His debut film Dheena (2001) with popular Tamil star Ajith was a super hit. It was followed by Ramanna (2002) with Vijaykanth (now the opposition leader in Tamil Nadu assembly) another super hit. Then came Ghajini (2005) with Suriya, which was a blockbuster. Next was Aamir Khan’s Hindi remake of Ghajini (2007), which is considered to be the first Rs 100 crore-club film in Bollywood. He has also done a hit film in Telugu, Stalin (2006), with megastar Chiranjeevi.

The only exception was his last Diwali release with Suriya in Tamil, the Sci-Fi thriller 7aum Arivu (2011), which was an average grosser. Now, the big budget specialist has bounced back with Thuppakki, which trade analysts feel has blockbuster written all over it.

Ramana was blockbuster and got better response than even Gajini (atleast in B & C). Varalaru mukkiyam :)

Kumaran.P
16th November 2012, 11:11 PM
Vettri Theatre, chennai :
It was Enthiran, Ok Ok ... Now its Thuppakki to go Housefull in the Big Screen even on WeekDays ...
http://www.facebook.com/vettritheatresfanclub

HonestRaj
16th November 2012, 11:13 PM

viswaroopam varaththanu pogudhu.. parkkalam..
Ramagopalar mattum loosu madhiri kaththikittu irupparu.. evanum kandukka poradhillai

PARAMASHIVAN
16th November 2012, 11:16 PM

ileenga, Munnusamy, kuppusaamy nu koopidanum ! Enaku oru doubt, 15 varushama Action Arjun um 20 varsuhama Captain ithE thozhilai thaanE seinjukitu irunthanga, apurum yen VJ panna othuka maatEn nu adampidikuranga ?

HonestRaj
16th November 2012, 11:44 PM
ileenga, Munnusamy, kuppusaamy nu koopidanum ! Enaku oru doubt, 15 varushama Action Arjun um 20 varsuhama Captain ithE thozhilai thaanE seinjukitu irunthanga, apurum yen VJ panna othuka maatEn nu adampidikuranga ?

muslim terrorism was introduced to tamil cinema by Maniratnam in Roja...

mareen
17th November 2012, 12:19 AM
I cant watch this movie till tomorrow evening. Cant wait...

arulraj
17th November 2012, 12:32 AM
Lot of fumes ; stomach burning aah anti-jerks:fatigue: , we are already no 1 despite working with low profile diretors in TN and kerala now we captured andhra too ; wait and see further , Antha payam irukkanum daa:smokesmirk:

VinodKumar's
17th November 2012, 01:38 AM

Even in Velaytuham terrorists were there evanum kandukala ippo mattum enna ?? Yevanum yethayavathu nondi viduraana ?? Scenes cut panni padatha seri illama aakiruvaanunga pola :banghead:.

VinodKumar's
17th November 2012, 01:41 AM

Vijay's Hindi in the movie was amazing. believable.

Cant believe this same vijay couldn't deliver a single hindi dialogue in ATM. ambulance bajaavo.... Director-a sollanum.

Exactly. Climax hindi dialogue pesumbothu yenthirichi ninnu kai thattalamnu irunthuchu. People who tried to mock Vijay when he speaks hindi for the first time in Thuppaki got back "better luck next time".

VinodKumar's
17th November 2012, 01:53 AM
Selva, I have also planned for tomorrow 3 30 show. PMed my number. Call me when you reach the theater :).

SenGOEk
17th November 2012, 02:11 AM
Thuppaki Movie Review in The Times of India

It is also good that filmmakers are dedicating movies to the army men(and also their families), but it would be even better if they move beyond tokenism, do their research properly and don't port...ray members of the armed forces as caricatures. Most Hollywood films hire military experts to get their act right, but obviously none was on board for this film. And so, there are bloopers galore, the best example being the interactions between Vijay and his senior, played by Jayaram. A little more attention to detail and a little research could have helped avoid such mistakes, which are jarring in a movie by such a senior director.

But if you are ready to ignore goofs like these and some gaps in logic, the movie is an enjoyable watch because of Vijay's powerhouse performance. The movie has already taken a stupendous opening, and is the next in his ever growing list of hits after 'Kaavalan', 'Velayutham' and 'Nanban'. He dances like a dream in song sequences (watch out for 'Google, Google') and packs quite a punch in action sequences. There is a quiet confidence in the way he delivers his dialogues and in the way he carries himself throughout the movie.
The other strong point of the movie is the screenplay by Murugadoss and the tight editing by Sreekar Prasad. Not for one minute do they allow the movie to sag nor do they allow any dull scenes to impede its flow. And with the superb work behind the camera by Santosh Sivan, the audience will find it difficult to move their eyes away from the screen.
Kajal Agarwal has a light role and makes the best use of it. Her chemistry with Vijay in the comic sequences adds to the fun component of the movie.
The ending of the movie has been left open, and it may have been intentional with Murugadoss eyeing a sequel. That may or may not be so, but one thing is sure: 'Thuppakki' will definitely be picked up by a big Bollywood star for a remake. For, the gun was bang on target.

SOURCE : http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/regional/tamil/movie-reviews/Thuppakki/movie-review/17225166.cms

selvamohankumar
17th November 2012, 04:12 AM
Selva, I have also planned for tomorrow 3 30 show. PMed my number. Call me when you reach the theater :).

Vinod,

I have PMed my mobile number.

Is it possible for u to come for 1:20 show. Because we have to drive back 2 hrs. If not possible, we will surely meet there :)

-Selva

Mr.GreyShirt
17th November 2012, 05:34 AM
Just came back from the movie. All I can say is :smokesmirk: and :clap: What a flick. Can't believe 3 hours passed by so fast. The movie and vijay both were stylish and smart. It did not treat the audience as stupid. The villain was really smart. That made him even more dangerous. There were quiet a few scenes with the villain I was thankful for. Kudos for keeping the villain intelligent and not your average baddie.
I am also a muslim, I did not find anything that was offensive in that movie. They did not even say they were muslims. You only know that by their names. I dont know what their problem is.

Kumaran.P
17th November 2012, 06:35 AM
Exactly. Climax hindi dialogue pesumbothu yenthirichi ninnu kai thattalamnu irunthuchu. People who tried to mock Vijay when he speaks hindi for the first time in Thuppaki got back "better luck next time".

absolutely right..

/Sunoo... Thumara Maalik ne Mujhehaath Baandh ke Maara. Kholne ko boloon tho Soch Rahe hai..Thune Mera Haath Thoda Aurr Thera Saath Ithney Loag Hain Phir Bhi Tho Darrrr Raha Hainahhh.. ANDHA BAYAM IRUKANUM DAAAAAAAAA! 8)
In Tamil: Kelunga Da, Unga Thalaivan Ena Kati Potu Adichan,Avuthu vida Sona yosikrann, Ne En Kai ah Odaicha,Un Kuda Ithana Peru Irukanga Analum Ne Bayapadra!
ANDHA BAYAM IRUKANUM DAAAAAAAAA! 8)

Mahen
17th November 2012, 07:02 AM
Heloo, anban vantharaporaru :lol2: neenga droghi-nu sollaporaru :yessir:

mabiqukaumo
17th November 2012, 11:40 AM
4 days share in AP is around 2 crores

SenGOEk
17th November 2012, 12:01 PM
4 days share in AP is around 2 crores

Hope it should be 3days as it released on 14th only...

SenGOEk
17th November 2012, 12:19 PM
Special morning shows for sunday are screened in all the 6 screens of Sathyam cinemas starting by 7:20am , 5 screens are already housefull (Sathyam, Santham, Serene, studio5 & 6degrees)

mabiqukaumo
17th November 2012, 12:22 PM
Hope it should be 3days as it released on 14th only...

it was released on 13th but no noon(morning) shows in few places..

Warden
17th November 2012, 01:22 PM
Special morning shows for sunday are screened in all the 6 screens of Sathyam cinemas starting by 7:20am , 5 screens are already housefull (Sathyam, Santham, Serene, studio5 & 6degrees)
Not just Sathyam.Spl mrning shows in all screens of Sathyam,Escape,S2P and S2T from diwali till tomo :)
By tomo night nearly 300 shows will have been completed in Sathyam cinemas.

VinodKumar's
17th November 2012, 01:25 PM
Heloo, anban vantharaporaru :lol2: neenga droghi-nu sollaporaru :yessir:

// hindi pesina thappila thinicha thaan thappu ;) //

VinodKumar's
17th November 2012, 01:26 PM
Not just Sathyam.Spl mrning shows in all screens of Sathyam,Escape,S2P and S2T from diwali till tomo :)
By tomo night nearly 300 shows will have been completed in Sathyam cinemas.

:notworthy:.

VinodKumar's
17th November 2012, 01:33 PM
http://images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/QQAAAL6N_EG4TSviVRH2jlCw82vECFyaVmTSkK8KyfJLrzwDhT 0WtMPjQsjLFA6S7XXNBd91svxIZJIk3eAXl0ueXJr_iHLtnx7t w9-yFZWhp_3hAJtU9VAuhEyI6v1hxxQhgB352W1vW-0XXA.jpg

iqojoxifidoc
17th November 2012, 01:35 PM
"

நடிகர் : விஜய்
நடிகை : காஜல் அகர்வால்
இயக்குனர் :ஏ.ஆர்.முருகதாஸ்

http://http://cinema.dinamalar.com/tamil_cinema_fullstory.php?id=898&ta=I

கேப்டன்" விஜயகாந்த், "ஆக்ஷ்ன் கிங்" அர்ஜூன் பாணியில் "இளையதளபதி" விஜய் ஓர் நேர்மையான இராணுவ வீரராக, இந்திய தேசத்தை காக்க களம் இறங்கி இருக்கும் படம்தான் "துப்பாக்கி!"

ஆனால் கேப்டன், ஆக்ஷ்ன் கிங் பாணியில் அரைத்த மாவையே... சாரி, அழித்த தீவிரவாதிகளையே மீண்டும் மீண்டும் அழிக்காமல், "எய்தவன் இருக்க அம்பை நோவதேன்..." எனும் எக்காலத்திற்கும் ஏற்ற பழமொழிக்கேற்ப, "ஸ்லீப்பர் செல்ஸ்" எனப்படும் தீவிரவாதத்தில் ஈடுபடும் கூலிகளை மட்டுமின்றி அவர்களது பாஸையே பந்தாடுவதும், இந்திய ராணுவத்தில் சக வீரர்களுக்கே தெரியாமல் உளவுப்பிரிவிலும், முக்கிய பொறுப்பில் இருப்பதும் அந்த பொறுப்பை பயன்படுத்தி லீவிற்கு ஊருக்கு வரும் விஜய், மும்*பையின் பல்வேறு இடங்களை தாக்க வரும் தீவிரவாதிகளை மிலிட்டரி நண்பர்கள் உதவியுடன் ஒற்றை ஆளாக ஒழித்து கட்டுவதுடன் "ஒன்மேன் ஆர்மி"யாக செயல்பட்டு அவர்களது "தல"யாக செயல்படும் மூளையின் தலைமையிடத்தையும் ஒற்றை துப்பாக்கி, கொஞ்சம் வெடிமருந்துகளுடன் தகர்த்தெரிவதும் தான் "துப்பாக்கி" படத்தின் புதுமை!

ராணுவ வீரராக விஜய், புதிய கெட்-அப்பில் கச்சிதமாக பொருந்தி நடித்திருக்கிறார். கேம்பில் சகவீரர்களோடும், சொந்த ஊர் திரும்பியதும் போலீஸ் நண்பன் சத்யனோடும், விஜய் பண்ணும் காமெடிகள் கலாட்டா. நாட்டை காட்டிக் கொடுக்கும் அதிகார துரோகி*கள் முன் 2 துப்பாக்கிகளை வைத்து, "இது லோக்கல், இது என்னோடது. இந்த லோக்கல் துப்பாக்கியால நீயா சுட்டுகிட்டா, அது தற்கொலை, உன் பிள்ளைக்கு வேலை பொண்டாட்டிக்கு பென்ஷன் எல்லாம் கிடைக்கும். அதுவே நான் சுட்டு செத்தா உன் குடும்பமே நடுத் தெருவுக்கு வரும்..." என்று பன்ச் டயலாக் பேசியபடி அவர்களை தீர்த்துகட்டுவதில் அதிரடி விஜய் அலட்டல் இல்லாமல் தெரிகிறார் பலே பலே! அதே மாதிரி காஜல் அகர்வாலிடம் எனக்கு தம் அடிக்கிற பொண்ணுங்களைத்தான் பிடிக்கும் என கலாய்க்கும் இடங்களில் ரொமான்டிக் விஜய்யும் தூள் பரத்துகிறார்.

விஜய் மாதிரியே காஜல் அகர்வாலும், காதல் அதிரடியாக பெண் பார்க்க யூனிபார்முடன் வரும் விஜய்யை பிடித்திருக்கிறது, பிடிக்கவில்லை என தொடர்ந்து கலாய்ப்பதில் தொடங்கி கவர்ச்சி கடலில் மூழ்கி முத்தெடுப்பது வரை... ரசிகர்களை தன் வலைக்குள் வீழ்த்தி விடுகிறார்.

சத்யனுக்கு சரிசமமாக *காமெடியில் களைகட்டும் ஜெயராம், மும்பை போலீஸாக, விஜய்யின் நண்பனாக வரும் சத்யன், வில்லன் வித்யூத் ஜம்வால் எல்லோரும் கச்சிதம்!

துப்பாக்கி படத்தின் மற்றுமொரு ஹீரோ சந்தோஷ் சிவனின் ஒளிப்பதிவு என்றால் மற்றொரு வில்லன் ஹாரீஸ் ஜெயராஜின் இசை என்று சொல்லி ஆக வேண்டும்! என்னாச்சு ஹாரிஸ்க்கு எந்த ஒரு பாடலும் மனதில் நிற்கவில்லையே...?!

ஆக்ஷ்ன் படங்கள் என்றாலே லாஜிக் மீறல்கள் இல்லாமலா...? *ஏகப்பட்டது இருக்கிறது! அதிலும் இந்திய ராணுவத்தில் இருக்கும் ஓர் இளம் ராணுவ வீரர், சொந்த ஊரான மும்பைக்கு லீவிற்கு வருவதும், வந்த இடத்தில் அந்த ஊர் போலீஸ்க்கு சட்டபடி தெரிவிக்காமலே, மொத்த தீவிரவாத கூட்டத்தையும் ஒழித்து கட்டுவதும் நம்பமுடியாத கதை தான் என்றாலும், மும்பை தாக்குதல்களுக்கு முன் இப்படியும் நடந்திருந்தால் நன்றாக இருந்திருக்குமே! என்று யோசிக்க வைக்கும் விதத்தில் இயக்குநர் ஏ.ஆர்.முருகதாஸ் ஜெயித்திருக்கிறார்!

ஆக மொத்தத்தில் மிலிட்டரி மேஜிக் படமான "துப்பாக்கி - நிச்சயம் வெற்றி துப்பாக்கி!!"

SenGOEk
17th November 2012, 03:49 PM
Predicting the box office collections of a Tamil film is a challenging process, since there is no transparency in this regard. Despite this cinemalead.com managed to get the box office collection figures from various sources.

We have already reported about the first day collections of Thuppakki almost in accordance with trade pundit’s prediction. Here we give you the first three days collection of Thuppakki (gross) worldwide.

TN- 22.15 crores
Kerala- our source says 3.5- 4 crores.
Andhra- 2 to 3 crore
Karnataka- 2 crore
USA and UK- 1.25 crore
Malayasia, Singapore, Srilanka- 3 to 4 crore
Even if we consider the lesser amounts ie., for example we are taking 3.5 crores as Kerala collections similarly in Andhra 2crores and in Malaysia, Singapore and Srilanka 3 crores. So when we are calculating all these figures the three day gross report is approximately 33.9 crores ie., the total box office collection will lie within 34 – 35crores.

The weekend collection will shoot up say the sources and according to our prediction by one week the box office collection of Thuppakki will be around 55- 60 crores. Stay tuned for more updates…

http://cinemalead.com/news-id-thuppakivijay-kajal-agarwal-16-11-12519.htm

SenGOEk
17th November 2012, 04:20 PM
Vijay hints at Thuppakki 2
Jagdish finishes the mission at the end of Thuppakki and returns to his border duty, without getting married to Nisha. “It looks like you guys are planning on a sequel!” This was the question thrown at Vijay in a talk show.
The actor jovially said that he has said the same thing to Murugadoss, the director of the film, hinting that there might be a follow up to Thuppakki.
Presently, both the actor and the director are enjoying the success of their action film.

http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/nov-12-03/vijay-ar-murugadoss-17-11-12.html

Kumaran.P
17th November 2012, 07:24 PM
Udhayam complex in all screens Thuppaki been screened now due to heavy crowd

ajaybaskar
17th November 2012, 07:36 PM
What is that logical loop hole that these reviewers point out? Why should Jagdish report things to the police or his higher officials in the army? He is a DIA agent and he has all the liberty to do whatever he wants to save the nation. No secret agent will go to the police and reveal that he is one. Buggers, think before you review something.

directhit
17th November 2012, 07:39 PM
:bluejump: :redjump: Padam paathaachu

directhit
17th November 2012, 07:40 PM
first things first - can someone put HJ also in one of those sleeper.. illa illa Coma cells! back to back Vijay movies la ivalo below average songs kodutha ore ... ivaR dhan! :x :banghead: Climax fight la kooda Oruvan Oruvan song lerundhu sutta music bits :sigh2:

directhit
17th November 2012, 07:53 PM
VJ - :smokesmirk: Awesome performance, nice to see a director using his biggest plus - Dialogue Delivery - to the best 8-)

Fights choreo was so nicely done, such raw strength/style on display - amazing. His hardwork on Hindi dialogues and body language in fights ellam soooper. Padathula Google Google thavira paatte vachirukka vendaam :(

:ty: ARM for a great job.

ecureuhapis
17th November 2012, 07:54 PM
midnight shows all full for last 2 days.. have to settle for morning show and few malays were in there as well.. :2thumbsup:

samma action. if only they excluded the songs and kajal episodes.. would have rivaled any great action movies from the west..

mokka paya HJ.. ivara yellam yaaru bgm panna sonnathu.. just reused his bgm from kakka kakka for most scenes.

Kumaran.P
17th November 2012, 08:06 PM
Chinmayi : Loved watching Thuppakki on opening day with mom. IT Vijay is wow, needless to say. Also amazed with Vidyut Jamwal's lip-sync!

Kumaran.P
17th November 2012, 08:12 PM
ARM reply about Thuppakki - 2 : Jagdish ipa thaan 11 months camp ku poirkaru , avar 40 days leave ku vandathum kandipa edukalam 8)

Kumaran.P
17th November 2012, 08:23 PM
Moments Of "VIJAYISM" :smokesmirk:
http://m.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-c.ak/hphotos-ak-ash4/248857_553081431384260_506675510_n.png

Kumaran.P
17th November 2012, 08:31 PM
Thuppakki Fever / Hype can be explained like this ... Pls Share It...
From, http://www.facebook.com/vettritheatresfanclub
http://m.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-g.ak/hphotos-ak-snc6/s720x720/262114_471030929615250_1574722689_n.png

faithiu11
17th November 2012, 08:34 PM
▓▒░S░I░R░I░S░H░▒▓ ‏@ThisisSirish
Wud like 2 congratulate @ARMurugadoss anna for the success. Nice mix of masala & story. Vijay too looked new & did so well. :)

▓▒░S░I░R░I░S░H░▒▓ ‏@ThisisSirish
Its very rare me & Bunny both like the same film. But, we both clapped, hooted & had a blast watching Thuppakki in Tamil.

Mahen
17th November 2012, 08:51 PM
NGO bantah filem Thuppakki

Oleh NORAZRIN MARZUKI
pengarang@utusan.com.my

AMIR Amsaa Alla Pitchay (tiga dari kanan) bersama ahli Ikatan Rakyat Insan Muslim Malaysia menunjukkan laporan polis membantah tayangan filem Thuppakki di Ibu Pejabat Polis Dang Wangi, Kuala Lumpur, semalam. - UTUSAN/WAHIDIN SALIM
KUALA LUMPUR 16 Nov. - Tiga pertubuhan bukan kerajaan (NGO) hari ini membuat laporan polis menggesa supaya pihak berkaitan menghentikan serta-merta tayangan filem Tamil berjudul Thuppakki yang didakwa boleh mencetuskan provokasi terhadap umat Islam.

Laporan dibuat oleh Ikatan Rakyat Insan Muslim Malaysia (IRIMM), Majlis Madrasah India Muslim Malaysia (Mim) dan Pertubuhan Ansarul Islam Malaysia pada kira-kira pukul 12.30 tengah hari di Ibu Pejabat Polis Daerah (IPD) Dang Wangi, di sini hari ini.

Presiden IRIMM, Amir Amsaa Alla Pitchay berkata, sebahagian besar adegan dalam filem tersebut yang mula ditayangkan di Malaysia sejak Deepavali lalu menggambarkan umat Islam sebagai pengganas adalah sangat keterlaluan.

"Boleh dikatakan 90 peratus adegan dalam filem tersebut menceritakan betapa jahat dan ganasnya penganut agama Islam dan umatnya perlu dihapuskan.

"Ini adalah provokasi melampau yang cuba dicetuskan oleh penerbit dan pengarah filem tersebut justeru, filem ini perlu dihentikan serta-merta daripada ditayangkan di seluruh negara," katanya kepada pemberita di sini hari ini.

Sementara itu, Setiausaha Agung Mim, Kamal Batcha Noor Mohideen berkata, beliau meminta agar kerajaan dan agensi berkaitan seperti Lembaga Penapisan Filem dan Perbadanan Kemajuan Filem Nasional Malaysia (Finas) supaya lebih tegas dan berhati-hati membawa masuk filem luar sebelum ditayangkan di negara ini.

"Sebenarnya kami agak pelik bagaimana filem-filem sebegini dengan mudah masuk dan ditayangkan di negara yang mempunyai majoriti penduduk beragama Islam.

"Sehubungan itu, kami meminta agar kandungan dan jalan cerita setiap filem import diteliti terlebih dahulu sebelum ditayangkan," katanya.

Artikel Penuh: http://www.utusan.com.my/utusan/Dalam_Negeri/20121117/dn_12/NGO-bantah-filem-Thuppakki#ixzz2CUfO3bqB
© Utusan Melayu (M) Bhd
:banghead: ...influence from india i guess

cittu
17th November 2012, 08:58 PM
"Boleh dikatakan 90 peratus adegan dalam filem tersebut menceritakan betapa jahat dan ganasnya penganut agama Islam dan umatnya perlu dihapuskan.

OMG, ENTHA LOOSU PADAM PAARTHATU?

Kumaran.P
17th November 2012, 10:14 PM
Krish Singer : #Thuppaki Round 2.. Night show...;-) im really excited.

Kumaran.P
17th November 2012, 10:15 PM
Venkat Prabhu : Going to watch#Thuppakki now
with Biriyani Team!

directhit
17th November 2012, 11:00 PM
Was wondering who was the voice for kajal, was thinking it was Andrea..thx to twitter found out it was super singer Raghinishree! :o very nice :p :D

smaiitm
17th November 2012, 11:33 PM
Finished watching Thuppakki for the second time. Forum Value Mall, Bangalore. Theater was full.

Impressions:

A new look, fit, youthful, intense Vijay who pulls of a great performance. A pleasure to see him, suave and urbane.
Sathyan plays the role of friend and not that of a comedian. That is performed by Jayaram. Both are ok. A few jokes evoke laughter.
Kajal: Not very sure about her role. Not much of romance or does she contribute to the main theme investigating the sleeper cells. The girls in the roles of Vijay's sisters were cute.
Mr. Sivan - Outstanding
HJ - The last song is good and so is Google Google. Antartica is also good. BGM should be quite alright, since it did not disturb too much.

Loved the joke on having the bride sing. 'Jana Gana Mana than paada mudium'.

The climax scene with Vijay 'straightening' himself after being beaten senseless reminded of the climax scene in Ghilli.

The first half, except for the few scenes before the interval did not leave an impression and could have been avoided. Songs seemed force fitted, except for the opening song, Google Google and the last song.

A very tight second half. One wishes that this cat and mouse game happened from the opening. Guess songs and romance are required to reach the masses.

Hats off to ARM for portraying VJ so differently.

Will be seeing it again next week.

ajaybaskar
18th November 2012, 12:00 AM
And the person who dubbed for Vidyut was Abhinay, the second hero of Thulluvadho Ilamai.

venkkiram
18th November 2012, 01:36 AM
After a long time, am about to watch a Vijay movie in theater. Excited.

venkkiram
18th November 2012, 01:44 AM
Big Cinemas 3:15 show is houseful. Good that we booked online the tkts.

ajaybaskar
18th November 2012, 06:27 AM
Thuppakki makes a huge jump on Friday in the US. Collects $75,000. Total: $180000 as of Friday end.

http://moviecitynews.com/2012/11/friday-estimates-by-team-klady/

ajaybaskar
18th November 2012, 06:34 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A78cp1nCEAE6A2k.jpg:large

venkkiram
18th November 2012, 06:56 AM
பார்த்தாச்சி! ரொம்ப திருப்தியா இருக்கு. முதலில்..முருகதாசுக்கு பாராட்டு. ஆரம்பித்து படம் முடியு\ம் வரை ஆட்டம், பாடல், சண்டை, துரத்தல், துப்பறிதல் என ரொம்ப விறுவிறுப்பாக தொய்வேயில்லாத வகையில் திரைக்கதை, வசனம், இயக்கம் - ரொம்ப கூர்மையாக கையாளப்பட்டு துப்பாக்கி படைப்பட்டிருக்கிறது. நினைத்திருந்தால் முருகதாஸ் இதை இந்தியில் எடுத்திருக்கலாம். ஆனால் தமிழுக்கு முன்னுரிமை கொடுத்ததற்கு கைக்கொடுக்கணும். கமர்ஷியல் படமாகவும் அதே வேளையில் நாட்டு அரணுக்கு பெருமை தேடக்கூடிய வகையில் நல்லக் கருத்தை வலியுறுத்திச் சொல்லும் படம். விருது கொடுத்து கௌரவிக்கணும்.. :notworthy:

விஜய். இயல்பான நடிப்பு. அசத்தலான நடன அசைவுகள், கம்பீரமான வசனம், வியத்தகு சண்டைக்காட்சிகள் - துப்பறிவதற்கு உரிய உடல் மொழியை ரொம்ப சிறப்பாக வடித்திருக்கிறார். வசனங்களில் ஏற்ற இறக்கம்.. குறிப்பாக சத்யனோடு உரையாடும் காட்சிகள்.. முக்கிய எதிரியை சந்திக்கப் போவதற்கு முன் உடல்நலம் பாதிக்கப்பட்டு ராணுவத்தில் இருந்து ஒய்வு பெற்ற மனிதர்களுக்கு வியூகத்தை விவரிக்கும் காட்சியில் என்னையும் அறியாமல் கைதட்டி விட்டேன். ஜெகதிஷ் பாத்திரம் உண்டுபண்ணிய பிரமிப்பு/வியப்பு இனி பல வருடங்களுக்கு நினைவில் தொடர்ந்து வரும்.

ஒரு காதல் பாடலைத்தவிர எல்லா கொண்டாட்ட பாடல்களிலும் நடனத்தில் ஜொலிக்கிறார் விஜய். இவரது அசைவுகளில் இருக்கும் ஸ்டைல் ஒவ்வொரு படத்திலும் ஏறுமுகமே. முழுக்க முழுக்க நடனத்தை மையமாக வைத்து விஜய் ஒரு படத்தில் நடிக்கணும் என ஆசைப்பட வேண்டியதில்லை. இந்தப் படமே போதும். நிறைய நடன மாணவர்களுக்கு விஜய்யின் அசைவுகள் பெரிய பாடமாக அமையும் என்பதில் சந்தேகமேயில்லை. :notworthy:

கேமரா - சந்தோஷ் சிவன் சிறப்பு. நெரிசலான மும்பை ரயில் நிலையம், அழகான தேவாயல திருமணக் காட்சி, பசுமையான விளையாட்டு மைதான காட்சிகள், கண்கவரும் கேளிக்கை அரங்குக் காட்சிகள், புகையிலிருந்து வெளிப்படும் ஜெகதிஷ், சுவிசர்லாந்து வெளிப்புற காட்சிகள் என கேமரா விளையாடியிருக்கிறது.

எடிட்டிங் - நடனக்குழு எல்லோருமே படத்தை மெருகூற்றி இருக்கிறார்கள்.

துப்பாக்கி - எல்லோரையும் சுடும்.

aceqoxim
18th November 2012, 07:21 AM
பார்த்தாச்சி! ரொம்ப திருப்தியா இருக்கு. முதலில்..முருகதாசுக்கு பாராட்டு. ஆரம்பித்து படம் முடியு\ம் வரை ஆட்டம், பாடல், சண்டை, துரத்தல், துப்பறிதல் என ரொம்ப விறுவிறுப்பாக தொய்வேயில்லாத வகையில் திரைக்கதை, வசனம், இயக்கம் - ரொம்ப கூர்மையாக கையாளப்பட்டு துப்பாக்கி படைப்பட்டிருக்கிறது. நினைத்திருந்தால் முருகதாஸ் இதை இந்தியில் எடுத்திருக்கலாம். ஆனால் தமிழுக்கு முன்னுரிமை கொடுத்ததற்கு கைக்கொடுக்கணும். கமர்ஷியல் படமாகவும் அதே வேளையில் நாட்டு அரணுக்கு பெருமை தேடக்கூடிய வகையில் நல்லக் கருத்தை வலியுறுத்திச் சொல்லும் படம். விருது கொடுத்து கௌரவிக்கணும்.. :notworthy:

விஜய். இயல்பான நடிப்பு. அசத்தலான நடன அசைவுகள், கம்பீரமான வசனம், வியத்தகு சண்டைக்காட்சிகள் - துப்பறிவதற்கு உரிய உடல் மொழியை ரொம்ப சிறப்பாக வடித்திருக்கிறார். வசனங்களில் ஏற்ற இறக்கம்.. குறிப்பாக சத்யனோடு உரையாடும் காட்சிகள்.. முக்கிய எதிரியை சந்திக்கப் போவதற்கு முன் உடல்நலம் பாதிக்கப்பட்டு ராணுவத்தில் இருந்து ஒய்வு பெற்ற மனிதர்களுக்கு வியூகத்தை விவரிக்கும் காட்சியில் என்னையும் அறியாமல் கைதட்டி விட்டேன். ஜெகதிஷ் பாத்திரம் உண்டுபண்ணிய பிரமிப்பு/வியப்பு இனி பல வருடங்களுக்கு நினைவில் தொடர்ந்து வரும்.

ஒரு காதல் பாடலைத்தவிர எல்லா கொண்டாட்ட பாடல்களிலும் நடனத்தில் ஜொலிக்கிறார் விஜய். இவரது அசைவுகளில் இருக்கும் ஸ்டைல் ஒவ்வொரு படத்திலும் ஏறுமுகமே. முழுக்க முழுக்க நடனத்தை மையமாக வைத்து விஜய் ஒரு படத்தில் நடிக்கணும் என ஆசைப்பட வேண்டியதில்லை. இந்தப் படமே போதும். நிறைய நடன மாணவர்களுக்கு விஜய்யின் அசைவுகள் பெரிய பாடமாக அமையும் என்பதில் சந்தேகமேயில்லை. :notworthy:

கேமரா - சந்தோஷ் சிவன் சிறப்பு. நெரிசலான மும்பை ரயில் நிலையம், அழகான தேவாயல திருமணக் காட்சி, பசுமையான விளையாட்டு மைதான காட்சிகள், கண்கவரும் கேளிக்கை அரங்குக் காட்சிகள், புகையிலிருந்து வெளிப்படும் ஜெகதிஷ், சுவிசர்லாந்து வெளிப்புற காட்சிகள் என கேமரா விளையாடியிருக்கிறது.

துப்பாக்கி - எல்லோரையும் சுடும்.

Thanks for your review, Sir. It's good to see Vj getting high praise for his acting skills. Not something neutrals easily admit to. I'm glad that you enjoyed you first Vj's movie in theatre in a long time.

venkkiram
18th November 2012, 07:34 AM
இசையைப் பற்றி குறிப்பிட மறந்துவிட்டேன் பின்னணி இசை - படத்தின் அலைநீளத்திலேயே பயணிக்கிறது. கூடுதல் பலம். ஹாரிஸ் ஜெயராஜ் அமைத்த முதல் தரமான பின்னணி இசை என்றே கூறலாம். பாடல்கள் - பிரமாதம் / மோசம் என இரண்டிற்கும் உட்படாத நடுத்தரமான ஒன்று.

Kumaran.P
18th November 2012, 07:58 AM
venkat prabhu : #Thuppaki a stylish action thriller!! Thalabathy is super duper cool!! Loved his new look!! Still looking so very young!! Excellent making!!

Kumaran.P
18th November 2012, 07:59 AM
Tapsee (Actress) : Met a few friends n saw thupakki. Loved the movie. Very intelligently made. Was gripping all through out!

VinodKumar's
18th November 2012, 08:00 AM
Big Cinemas 3:15 show is houseful. Good that we booked online the tkts.

The 4 20 show here in Atlanta was also housefull. It's been a long time since I watched movie with housefull crowd in Atlanta. This is Vj's big hit in US in aft 5 years. Also met Selva in the theater in between the shows.

VinodKumar's
18th November 2012, 08:03 AM
Lot of repeat audiences were there from my office. Could see lot of kids as usual for vj movie.

venkkiram
18th November 2012, 08:12 AM
When Vijay corrects his bone damages one by one during the last climax fight sequences, a girl from front seat clapped for long time.

Mukzi
18th November 2012, 08:51 AM
During the interview in Vijay Tv for Diwali Special.the anchor asks what kind of film do u want to give the audience or something.Murugadoss replies that he wants each person to watch my movie atleast five times.he has been very successful in it.watched for the second time yesterday,the crowd was.huge.never have I seen so much crowd for any recent movie...except.for endhiran....on average I am sure even a neutral would watch it twice...

directhit
18th November 2012, 08:55 AM

துப்பாக்கி - எல்லோரையும் சுடும். :thumbsup:

selvamohankumar
18th November 2012, 08:58 AM
Good Review Venki Sir.

venkkiram
18th November 2012, 09:31 AM
ஒரு சில சண்டைக் காட்சிகள் என்றாலுமே மிகவும் நேர்த்தியாக தொகுக்கப்பட்டிருக்கிறது. P_rருக்கு பிடித்துப் போகும் என நினைக்கிறேன் இறுதியுத்தத்தில் வில்லன் ரொம்ப ரசித்து சண்டை போடும் காட்சிகள் கண்களிலேயே நிற்கின்றன. வில்லனுக்கு இறுதிக் காட்சி சண்டை என்றால் ஜெகதிஷிக்கு தனது நாய் மூலம் வில்லனின் இடத்தை கண்டுபிடித்து சண்டை போடும் காட்சிகள். ரொம்ப ஸ்டைலிஷ் அதே நேரத்தில் நம்பகத்தன்மை வாய்ந்தது. நாய் ஒரு மூலையிலும், ஜெகதிஷ் ஒரு மூலையிலும் நிற்க எஞ்சிய கூட்டத் தலைவனை பிடிக்க நெருங்கி வரும் காட்சி - அதகளம். முருகதாஸ் ஷங்கர் போல தோன்றுகிறது. ஹீரோயிசத்தை அவர்கள் நாம் நினைத்துப் பார்க்கவே முடியாத உயரத்திற்கு கொண்டு செல்ல முயற்சித்துக் கொண்டே இருக்கிறார்கள். பாராட்டனும்!

otedoric
18th November 2012, 09:48 AM
The scene where VJ gets the first terrorist when he escapes from hospital was also good and fun!

Not sure which scenes they have removed
going again today
Hopefully not the good ones

selvamohankumar
18th November 2012, 09:54 AM
ஒரு சில சண்டைக் காட்சிகள் என்றாலுமே மிகவும் நேர்த்தியாக தொகுக்கப்பட்டிருக்கிறது. P_rருக்கு பிடித்துப் போகும் என நினைக்கிறேன் இறுதியுத்தத்தில் வில்லன் ரொம்ப ரசித்து சண்டை போடும் காட்சிகள் கண்களிலேயே நிற்கின்றன. வில்லனுக்கு இறுதிக் காட்சி சண்டை என்றால் ஜெகதிஷிக்கு தனது நாய் மூலம் வில்லனின் இடத்தை கண்டுபிடித்து சண்டை போடும் காட்சிகள். ரொம்ப ஸ்டைலிஷ் அதே நேரத்தில் நம்பகத்தன்மை வாய்ந்தது. நாய் ஒரு மூலையிலும், ஜெகதிஷ் ஒரு மூலையிலும் நிற்க எஞ்சிய கூட்டத் தலைவனை பிடிக்க நெருங்கி வரும் காட்சி - அதகளம். முருகதாஸ் ஷங்கர் போல தோன்றுகிறது. ஹீரோயிசத்தை அவர்கள் நாம் நினைத்துப் பார்க்கவே முடியாத உயரத்திற்கு கொண்டு செல்ல முயற்சித்துக் கொண்டே இருக்கிறார்கள். பாராட்டனும்!

As you say, the scene now seems even more powerful!!!!. :)

elsaen11
18th November 2012, 10:19 AM
Watched It, totally a perfect action thriller that entertains huge. :clap:
Vijay's parts were executed neatly. And , vijay's screen presence is amazin and a biggest strength for the movie. We see him that we never saw before. Terrific man!
A.r.Murugadoss Take a BOw :bow:

You did not fail this time, wonderful screenplay that kept everyone engaging till the end.
I felt songs were good too, except one or two.
BGM was best from Harris in recent times, it added more value for getting thrill during the spine chilling action moments,

Kajal :slurp: An example, when paired up with vijay, you have no other way than dancing good and performed well too.

Jayaram & Satyan have done their roles superb especially the former, the scenes involving him with Vijay impressed everyone , for instance A first meet up between both of them in a Hotel :hilarious:

technically the film excelled as well, a good picturization by SS throughout the movie, and crisp editing by SP :) a lengthy movie but never gave that feel when we completed with the film!

The film has everything to turn out to be a Biggest Blockbuster in TC .
Verdict : THIS BIG BUDGET DID NOT FAIL AS THE MOST OF ARE ,THIS YEAR :razz: :thumbsup: !

ajaybaskar
18th November 2012, 01:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I82SlnlASNY

VinodKumar's
18th November 2012, 03:15 PM
Climax hindi dialogue ... Can someone tell this guy doesnt know hindi ???... dedication :notworthy: ...

Antha bayam irukanumda :smokesmirk: ...

http://soundcloud.com/vijaytheactor/andha-bayam-irukanum-daaaaaa-8

VinodKumar's
18th November 2012, 03:29 PM
When Vijay corrects his bone damages one by one during the last climax fight sequences, a girl from front seat clapped for long time.

One of my colleagues daughter (6 years old) VJ fan started crying when Vidyut beats Vijay in tha climax. My colleague had to calm down her saying that Vijay will beat him later :lol:.

VinodKumar's
18th November 2012, 03:31 PM
Venki, :thumbsup:.

SenGOEk
18th November 2012, 03:40 PM
M.Sree Ganesh @gannuwrites
any signs of BB for Thuppaki?

Rajasekar @sekartweets
yes friday,sat superb report..

mareen
18th November 2012, 03:48 PM
Going to watch today. The wait is over!!!!!!

Kumaran.P
18th November 2012, 05:31 PM
watched it again today for 5th time! Could see bunch of family audience and kids inside the theatre!
HEAT IS STILL ON!!!!
The year ends well for Tamil Cinema !

arulraj
18th November 2012, 06:54 PM
Watchd 3rd time with family and friends...enjoyed sunday with thalaivar..lot of whistles and cheers from family audience.... Great come back thalaiva...

interz
18th November 2012, 07:46 PM
Thuppakki - my review n thoughts.

Went to a theatre 40 km away from home to watch the movie. A lot of family audience here as well, few guys with so much gel in the hair that they decided the look has to last forever and some girls with active cells sms'ing a lot, movie started at tamil time 9 pm-...(meaning 30 mins later).

The movie is quite simple, the hero is fighting terrorism like in many other indian movies, but the way he fights them is what makes movie worth the watch. There are a few surprise elements in the movie but it would be a spoiler to those who hasnt watched it.

POSITIVES
- Vijay is pretty good, he is a cold blooded soldier who will do ANYTHING to protect india from terrorism, but more importantly really clever as well. He does well in dancing as usual, fighting also super.
- Kajal Agarwals hotness
- Vidyut Jamwal, I was surprised that he was a larger threat than Villains usually are in tamil
- Jayaram is too hilarious
- fighting (who is stuntmaster?)
- director murugadoss impresses me again, I have seen almost all his tamil movies (except Dheena)
- the intro song was good to watch pachai mannila, pachai color dress pottutu soldiers aadumpoothu paarka nalla irukku.

Negatives:
- Alghough Kajal Agarwal is a hottie, I dont get her character in the movie. director Murugadoss made her look like spoiled silly loosu ponnu like in many tamil movies
- "TV serial family" the scenes with families seemed articial for me, and I cant stop imagening the artists from the family are from popular tv serials
- eventhough the dance and emotional expression were good the songs slowed down the pace of the movie, but I enjoyed the scene with murugadoss and the cameraman in Google Google song though
- romance? Maybe Murugadoss got confused watching SJ Surya's "Irukku aana Illai" scene from Ah Aah", in Thuppakki its like "pidichirukku aana pidikkalai"

Overall Thuppakki is a pleasant treat for Vijay fan like me. Its a big boost for Vijay that his latest 4 movies (Kaavalan, Velayutham, Nanban and Thuppakki) were/are succesfull ventures

Warden
18th November 2012, 08:12 PM
Mayajaal today.54 shows housefull except for midnight shows :) Beat that!

Kumaran.P
18th November 2012, 08:42 PM
Rajasekar @sekartweets :#Thuppakki -all set to get break even by mid of this week! tremendous collection reported on fri-sun,almost equal to first 3 day collection!
https://twitter.com/sekartweets

selvamohankumar
18th November 2012, 08:47 PM
One of my colleagues daughter (6 years old) VJ fan started crying when Vidyut beats Vijay in tha climax. My colleague had to calm down her saying that Vijay will beat him later :lol:.

:D Kids love vijay

Kumaran.P
18th November 2012, 08:47 PM
Dhananjayan Govind Via Twitter:
Shall update tomorrow ... it is humangous & third highest in Tamil cinema is what I heard
http://m.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-c.ak/hphotos-ak-ash3/553768_170864269725156_1891834111_n.jpg

ajaybaskar
18th November 2012, 08:48 PM
This is excluding the satellite rights, right?

Kumaran.P
18th November 2012, 08:49 PM
A Fan Speaks :
Jus coming out from ambatur murugan cinemas... koottathukula irunthu 1 guy avanoda friend ah thookittu vanthan.., semma crowd... then i checked the person's leg... Physically disabled., vaatham... so avanoda friend movie paakurathukaga thookittu vanthanam... i totally shocked a min... Speechless... Thalaivaaaaaaaaaaaa.., U r really Great..!
http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/604126_299499163484802_1496349633_n.jpg

live for vijay, die for vijay!!!!!!!

Kumaran.P
18th November 2012, 08:52 PM
Yeah, maybe! But what will the first and two? one being endiran and another? any guesses??

Mukzi
18th November 2012, 09:01 PM
Endhiran.sivaji

Kumaran.P
18th November 2012, 09:16 PM
Exclusive :
Today in AVM Rajeswari :)
http://m.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-g.ak/hphotos-ak-ash4/r90/s720x720/263537_388421837899064_954498193_n.jpg

Dammy R
18th November 2012, 09:26 PM
I guess the movie hasnt released in Mumbai and entire north....else the collections could be even more.

Kumaran.P
18th November 2012, 09:35 PM
Ic 58464 captain #Jagdish reporting sir !!!
http://m.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-a.ak/hphotos-ak-prn1/s720x720/75935_458442580869293_273590379_n.jpg

Kumaran.P
18th November 2012, 09:37 PM
THALAIVAA YOU ARE GREAT 8-) 8-)
http://m.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-b.ak/hphotos-ak-ash3/531137_164647493680912_1515580271_n.jpg

SenGOEk
18th November 2012, 09:45 PM
Endhiran.sivaji

Yes, correct...

SenGOEk
18th November 2012, 09:46 PM
I guess the movie hasnt released in Mumbai and entire north....else the collections could be even more.

Not released in northern india...releasing only on 23rd...

ajaybaskar
18th November 2012, 09:47 PM
Sivaji or Dasa?

SenGOEk
18th November 2012, 09:48 PM
TFU Kannan @TFU_Kannan
#Neerparavai releasing only on Nov. 30th as it's postponed a week due to the Tremendous response of #Thuppakki at Box-office.

SenGOEk
18th November 2012, 09:48 PM
Sivaji or Dasa?

Sivaji the boss is 2nd...

SenGOEk
18th November 2012, 09:55 PM
vibin bruno @vibinbruno
whch one z 2nd sir

Dhananjayan Govind@Dhananjayang
@vibinbruno Sivaji - The Boss

Kumaran.P
18th November 2012, 10:03 PM
Sreedhar Pillai : Thanks 2 super success of #Thuppakki, Vijay & Vijay's untitled film satellite rights snapped by the market leader 4 a whopping Rs 15 Cr!

Kumaran.P
18th November 2012, 10:27 PM
Watched Thuppakki? Liked the film? We hope you would have watched definitely atleast twice by now. How well you know the movie?
Well, test by taking up this Thuppakki OVFC quiz. Looks little tough but one more watch you can answer all of them. Quiz ends at 10 PM Monday 19th Nov. Participate now and win attractive prizes :)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDZETC1vcG1JR29GWFN4Wkd6NlZDNkE6M Q#gid=0

HonestRaj
18th November 2012, 10:41 PM
Sivaji the boss is 2nd...

time for Sakala to enter the scene :p

Arun555
18th November 2012, 11:07 PM
time for Sakala to enter the scene :p

Already NAARADHAR has entered ...So automatically every one ill come to this thread.:lol2:

ajaybaskar
19th November 2012, 12:51 AM
The Tamil Thuppakki also proved strong with a $242,000 tally at 43 locations. Thuppakki (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Thuppakki&src=hash) grosses $240,000 in North America over da weekend takin da total to $350,000

http://moviecitynews.com/2012/11/the-weekend-report-19/

http://moviecitynews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Screen-Shot-2012-11-18-at-12.16.16-PM.png

Mr.GreyShirt
19th November 2012, 03:54 AM
Thuppaki is on youtube already...

mareen
19th November 2012, 04:03 AM
Just came back from watching Thupakki. Really liked it, very racey and engaging throughout the end. However, I found the songs slowing the movie down unnecessarily. Plus, they have also cut all fights scenes here in UK, so stupid!

rachel
19th November 2012, 04:53 AM
My friend wanted to watch a movie because she passed her exams. she asked me to go with her. so i agreed.

positives
1. vj looks young and fit,he dances and fights well. he looks so smart in his army uniform.

2.kajal also looks beautiful in sarees and modern dress, nice to watch her in songs, great figure

3.villain..he is so handsome, his silent acting was good. in the climax, when i see him with vj in the same frame, he outshines vj in looks and presence.
4. new plot(cat and mouse game) and story and dedicated to indian army, really touching.

negatives
1.i didn't like satyan's irritating comedy

2.climax was very quick and short, no twists and turns

3.kajal's acting was not impressive.

4.about vj- he looks good, but he comes as serious army intelligent person when he tries to find the head of the crime, fighting and killing and thinking seriously to solve the puzzles, but the next scene, he is with kajal like normal fun loving guy with no care in the world, for example he put the dangerous criminal in his cupboard and then he tries to kiss kajal in front of his cupbord with criminal inside making jokes about the situation, those things reduce the seriousness and intensity of the film IMO.Maybe vj fans like it, i don't know.

over all you can watch it once,it was ok film for me.i liked 'antarica' and 'google' songs

Mr.GreyShirt
19th November 2012, 05:25 AM
I found Vijay's personality twisted. He is a fun guy but when he gets serious he gets psycho like. I found that well shown since he acts as a secret agent in the army force. He obviously had many missions where he had to torture the enemy to gain information or even endured torture himself, which changed his personality than what it was before joining the army. When he comes to visit his family he obviously had to put on a different personality to hid his now twisted self. But that's just my view of thinking.

Kumaran.P
19th November 2012, 06:46 AM
Thuppaki at no.1 in IMDB for Highest Rated Thriller Feature Films With At Least 1,000 Votes B-) :smokesmirk:
http://www.imdb.com/search/title?genres=thriller&num_votes=1000%2C&sort=user_rating%2Cdesc&start=1&title_type=feature

svaisn
19th November 2012, 08:39 AM
Both the days this weekend ella Shows full in DALLAS and HOUSTON :clap:

rpramod11
19th November 2012, 09:22 AM
guys...very important matter...thuppakki movie is uploaded in thiruttu vcd website and youtube by some anti jerks...please inform to the concerned guy and try to remove it immediately....already 147,000 views are showing.this will effect badly to the movie's collections...Please do it immediately

rpramod11
19th November 2012, 09:24 AM
For our vijay anna we have to take the initiative..Where as for mattrran you cannot find any movie online...they have taken strong initiative to stop piracy...please do it...

SenGOEk
19th November 2012, 10:54 AM
Thuppakki is @ number 1 position in USA Box office collections 2012

http://www.moviecrow.com/News/1593/thuppaki-is-number-1-in-n-america-bo-2012

SenGOEk
19th November 2012, 10:55 AM
Viveka Lyricist :Thanks to vijay sir for the wonderful treat! #thuppakki success party
Madhan Karky : Hearty thanks to actor Vijay & Mrs. Vijay for being splendid hosts in tonight's #thuppakki success party. Happy to meet the team.

SenGOEk
19th November 2012, 10:58 AM
Siddharth @Actor_Siddharth
Enjoyed the thriller and action elements of ‘Thuppakki’…Vijay is simply OUTSTANDING in the film…Santhosh Sivan rocks. Murugadoss is back!

San_K
19th November 2012, 11:07 AM
negatives

2.climax was very quick and short, no twists and turns

may be but the 'Andha bayam irukkattum' and the dialogues and the delivery and the vijay expressions are way better than damal, dumeel & twists and turns. A very different one. I liked it.

GSV
19th November 2012, 11:25 AM
I found Vijay's personality twisted. He is a fun guy but when he gets serious he gets psycho like. I found that well shown since he acts as a secret agent in the army force. He obviously had many missions where he had to torture the enemy to gain information or even endured torture himself, which changed his personality than what it was before joining the army. When he comes to visit his family he obviously had to put on a different personality to hid his now twisted self. But that's just my view of thinking.

Exactly my thoughts... Well said Greyshirt..

GSV
19th November 2012, 11:27 AM
Venkiram & San_k :thumbsup:

VinodKumar's
19th November 2012, 12:26 PM
http://images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/QQAAAL6N_EG4TSviVRH2jlCw82vqeaXm2nxhnOQHrhd3t2ZyRS mKQIo-jPvZdK0sfSeju7hI6ImJcZhNFpXgqGsvYiZ3OHwmvliHUkqw_D DFQSmzAJtU9VBTUbbxL4aXX1tvhbkqVxjnnuKQMw.jpg

otedoric
19th November 2012, 01:20 PM
watched yesterday at SATHYAM for fourth time

They have cut a scene while going behind 12 sleeper cells and muted the words when VIJAY speaks to SATHYAN over phone...
Nothing much.. :)

CEDYBLUE
19th November 2012, 02:29 PM
The stupendous success of Thuppakki has only reinstated Vijay's Box Office power.
Almost all big stars in Tamil Cinema have good openings for their movies and when each of their movie releases, we see so many articles claiming them to be Box Office Kings/Superstars etc.,
Similarly, we have some bankable stars who may not have the greatest fan following, but hold fort because of their popularity among family audiences.
But can we say, Vijay is one of those rarest heroes who invariably has a great fan following and hence enjoys a great start, at the same time is also quite strong among family audiences? thoughts?

ajaybaskar
19th November 2012, 02:56 PM
Very very true. :)

otedoric
19th November 2012, 02:58 PM
But can we say, Vijay is one of those rarest heroes who invariably has a great fan following and hence enjoys a great start, at the same time is also quite strong among family audiences? thoughts?

Exactly
I ve witnessed this for many not so good vijay films too...
VETTAIKARAN drew more family crowd with kids than the newly released pongal films like Aayirathil Oruvan ; Kutty etc.,

GSV
19th November 2012, 02:59 PM
Nach.. Cedyblue

abhiveeru
19th November 2012, 03:46 PM
he is having that mass audience for past 15 years,from 1997 love today,following kadhaluku mariyadhai.ipo irukiravangaluku yarukum andha mass kedaiyadhu.only our thalapthy has the fan base from children to old age peple,in villupuram all three days are house full,the owner of the theatre replied that even he not seen the crowd before any film,mass,

SoftSword
19th November 2012, 04:04 PM
wanted to watch on saturday but when we checked it online before one hour, the tickets were sold in cardiff... :shock:
thats something unusual for a tamil movie here...

abhiveeru
19th November 2012, 04:17 PM
The entire team of Thuppakki is basking in good reviews and praises. Recently the film’s lead actor Vijay, in order to celebrate the success of the film hosted a superb party for the entire team at his place. The entire team including director AR Murugadoss is said to have attended the party and through their social networking pages, the attendees expressed how good Vijay and his better half, Sangeetha were in throwing parties.

Meanwhile, Vijay is also gearing up for his next film with AL Vijay. It hasn’t been titled yet, but the director is likely to decide on it before he leaves for the schedules in Malaysia and Singapore.

Amala Paul pairs up with actor Vijay for the first time and Santhanam is also part of the cast. Though a formal confirmation on the crew hasn’t come our way, it is expected to be AL Vijay’s usual team, comprising of GV Prakash, Nirav Shah and Anthony.

GAUTHU
19th November 2012, 05:16 PM
Sreedhar Pillai
@sri50 8m
#Thuppakki - 6 days (Nov
13 to 18) Total nett from
Tamil Nadu = Rs 45.60 Cr.
Humongous &
Extraordinary.

mareen
19th November 2012, 05:23 PM
Sreedhar Pillai
@sri50 8m
#Thuppakki - 6 days (Nov
Humongous &
Extraordinary.

Amazing. Yesterday all shows have been sold out here in UK and it is very unusual for a film to be selling out after 5 days of release.

SenGOEk
19th November 2012, 06:01 PM
Sreedhar Pillai
@sri50 8m
#Thuppakki - 6 days (Nov
Humongous &
Extraordinary.

Still going strong...

ajaybaskar
19th November 2012, 06:05 PM
Staggering.. :clap:

ajaybaskar
19th November 2012, 06:10 PM
I only wish if these BO analysts were there when Ghilli and Pokkiri released. :(

ajaybaskar
19th November 2012, 06:12 PM
45.6 C is in TN alone. Other states and FMS still unknown. Lets get ready for a heart attack.. :wink:

ecureuhapis
19th November 2012, 06:14 PM
45.6 C is in TN alone. Other states and FMS still unknown. Lets get ready for a heart attack.. :wink:

someone's prayers not answered.. :mrgreen:

SenGOEk
19th November 2012, 06:19 PM
'Thuppakki' makes Rs.45.60 crore in TN

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/regional/tamil/news-interviews/Thuppakki-makes-Rs-45-60-crore-in-TN/articleshow/17280518.cms

ajaybaskar
19th November 2012, 06:19 PM
Hope this film enters the elite 100 C club. Only Endhiran has managed it so far if I am not wrong.

SoftSword
19th November 2012, 06:24 PM
10A? Sivaji?

SenGOEk
19th November 2012, 06:24 PM
Thuppaki Collected 7.3 Crores in Kerala From 6 Days...

ajaybaskar
19th November 2012, 06:26 PM
Softy,

Sakala can only tell about Dasa. Sivaji evlo collection?

ajaybaskar
19th November 2012, 06:28 PM
With all the marketing and crowd pull, only 5,6 Hindi movies have managed 100 C. Adhuthaan puriya maatengudhu. Let me tweet to Taran Adarsh for more insight.

abhi_d
19th November 2012, 06:36 PM
I have seen 4 times as of now. Still hungry :).

Happy to see BO results. It will take some time for anyone to beat this BO records.

SoftSword
19th November 2012, 06:37 PM
i am not sure abt sivaji... but 100c ellaam sivaji'ku apram adikkadi kelvippadrom illaya?

SenGOEk
19th November 2012, 06:41 PM
With all the marketing and crowd pull, only 5,6 Hindi movies have managed 100 C. Adhuthaan puriya maatengudhu. Let me tweet to Taran Adarsh for more insight.

Word of mouth is the best marketing for a film after the release which was very positive for Thuppaki...With 6 special morning shows in sathyam complex all being housefull & most theatres in Chennai screened special shows with housefull board indicates the crowd pull...

ajaybaskar
19th November 2012, 06:59 PM
Even night shows are almost full.. :)

http://in.bookmyshow.com/buytickets/?srid=CHEN&eid=ET00010412&cid=&did=20121119&ety=MT

I know that the statuses of these 4 theaters don't give the exact picture but i guess its better than checking out Mayajaal status alone.

selvamohankumar
19th November 2012, 07:17 PM

Long hardwork of vijay. He never lost hope or his true fans!!! We must say thanks to vijay sir only

SoftSword
19th November 2012, 07:18 PM
ajay...
the first two day collection is any record?

Dammy R
19th November 2012, 07:24 PM
The numbers are amazing. I remember most of us were upset when the release date was moved from 9th to 13th. Given that only 13th was a holiday in India (working day in the rest of the world), and the next 3 days (wed thru fri) were working days as well before the weekend....this is a tremendous achievement by any yardstick. Just imagine what would have happened if it had released on 9th ;-). And as Ajay said, most of the night shows are 70% + booked even today...awesome response to a truly deserving movie....very happy for Vijay!!

ajaybaskar
19th November 2012, 07:36 PM
Softy,

The first two day collection was on par with many recent hits. But the real record was the next 4 days. The film didnt show any sign of declining as WOM was awesome, Hence the numbers..

Kumaran.P
19th November 2012, 07:57 PM
Glad to see Thuppaki collections are very huge and creating records :2thumbsup: , even after so many "naasa vealais" of Anti jerks like uploading full movie in youtube continuously after one by one getting reported and removed , making it avail in online much fast and also not to forget the cds etc, still THE MOVIE PULLING ENORMOUS CROWD AND RUNNING HOUSE FULL SHOWS everywhere !
THALAIVAA NOTHING CAN REALLY STOP YOU! ;) :bow:

Kumaran.P
19th November 2012, 08:00 PM
taran adarsh @taran_adarsh (FilmAnalyst)
Those asking about international business of Tamil film#Thuppakki, will share the numbers tomorrow morning. It'sEXCELLENT in Overseas

Kumaran.P
19th November 2012, 08:01 PM
Character Sketch of Jagdish Dhanapal:
He is an army man and also a specialist in Defence Intelligence Agency(DIA) who is on a secret mission. He is ubercool. He is levelheaded. He is not afraid to speak out what he feels. He is the smartand sexy boyfriend of his hot and spicy girlfriend. We are talking about IC 58464 Captain Jagdish Dhanapal of Thuppakki.
He doesn't react to anything without a thought. Whether he isseeing a terrorist trying to escapeoff the hospital or his sister is in danger or his life is threatened bythe villain or he is being double crossed by the villain, he has this"lets face it" attitude and never gets into the emotional circle. Even for rejecting an alliance, he thinks of solid reasons of why it is not suitable for him.
Always surrounded by friends and family, yet his secret agent role needs him to have a dangerous parallel life where he is left alone to make decisions, face enemies and win over them, even if his life is in danger. The irony is that he enjoys this parallel life as much as his public life known to others.
His family gives him enough independence and space that helps him achieve his targets as planned. His mind keeps thinking about what to do next. Even if he is in a romantic encounter with his girlfriend, his subconscious mind keeps thinking about his mission. He always searches for clues to solve the problem he faces. He is confident of his actions because when he is performing them, he would have already thought about the consequences from all possible angles and thought about the next step too.
He is stylish, dresses for the occasion, likes to freak out when he is not in army zone and throws his charm wherever he goes. Well versed in Tamil, Hindi and English, he never has a problem with communication. Heis fit enough to fight his enemies,has a toned body required for thearmy but sans any beefing up or six pack attractions which are not part of majority of army officers fitness regime.
He respects his seniors even though they turn out funny to him and even if they talk him down in front of others. He respects his profession very muchthat he keeps in touch with injured army men who were given forced retirement after they became disabled. And even though he is in service, he likes togive them their due respect, an example is going down on his knees when speaking to a group of army officers in wheel chair so that he can look up and speak to them.
On other side of this sturdy army soldier is a person who loves his family very much and misses them when he goes away. He is a mischievous son, a doting brother who enjoys fighting withhis sisters and ready to go to any length when it comes to save them from danger. He cares for every girl from the family of his friends like his own sister and he doesn't want them to witness the blood and gore he lays hands on when he is on mission.
He is very attached to his family and respects his future in-laws too, who will be soon part of his extended family. At the same time, he is ready to bet on his own life or even his family's safety when it means that there can be done something worthwhile to the nation. He feels that if terrorists taking out thousands of life can make sacrifices, people like him destined to save lives should also not be bothered of making sacrifices.
The more he respects his profession, the lesser he speaks out his own pride. He lets his actions do the talking. Even whenhis policeman friend claims policehas to do more work and think more than army, he never underestimates them with ego. Instead, he makes best use of their intelligence for his operations and succeeds in them.And in the course proves how army is better.
When he is set on a mission, he hardly cares for anything - what he eats, where he sleeps, where his girlfriend is and so on. His mind is set only on the task he has to complete. He has lot of links from whom he gets what he wants - be it messages or materials. He is licensed to kill but never harms anyone without a reason. But when he witnesses an atrocity in front of his eyes, like school children getting killed in bomb blast, his revenge is severe.
He is not just brawny but also brainy with an equal intelligence as his muscle power. His decoding of clues, planning every move of his games against enemies, anticipating how the enemy would react to his moves and planning his next step accordingly are few proofs of how his intellect is employed in fighting evil. He knows every nook and corner of his city which helps him travel around very easily.
For the rugged person he is, he also is a soft romantic at heart with his girlfriend - provided she is also a freak out personality like him. Being a Mumbai Tamilian and brought up in modern ways, he is never attracted towards shy, timid and reserved girls who stick on more to the tradition and rather prefers someone outspoken with a modern outlook.
That's Jagdish Dhanapal for you - The Ultimate Agent on Mission.
http://m.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-h.ak/hphotos-ak-ash3/558890_520006661345063_920303949_n.jpg

Kumaran.P
19th November 2012, 08:05 PM
Thuppaki is a living proof to show the industry that piracy has no effect on a successfull film !!!

ajaybaskar
19th November 2012, 08:12 PM
taran adarsh @taran_adarsh (FilmAnalyst)
Those asking about international business of Tamil film#Thuppakki, will share the numbers tomorrow morning. It'sEXCELLENT in Overseas

Angeyuma? Shabbaaaa...

Kumaran.P
19th November 2012, 08:14 PM
Kajal breaks the jinx!
At last Kajal Aggarwal has a hit in Kollywood.
Her Vijay starrer Thuppakki is all set to be this year’s biggest grosser. Kajal who was considered jinxed in Tamil was on the lookout for a hit in Tamil, and she has hit the bulls eye with Thuppakki.
Kajal is one of the most successful heroines in Telugu with a series of hits ( Maghadheera, Brindavanam, Businessman ). And her Hindi debut film with Ajay Devgan Singham too went on to become a blockbuster.
However, in Tamil Kajal films were either flops or average at the box-office. Her early Tamil films Pazhani, Modi Vilayadu and Bomallatam were colossal flops and she was written off. But she made a comeback of sorts with Karthi’s Naan Maahan Alla , which turned out to be an average grosser.
Kajal’s big ticket to stardom in Tamil was Suriya’s Maattrraan and Vijay’s Thuppakki . While Maattrraan turned to be an average grosser, Thuppakki was right on target at the box-office.
http://www.sify.com/movies/Kajal--breaks-the-jinx-news-tamil-mltjHKfcbcg.html

Kumaran.P
19th November 2012, 08:17 PM
Ajay sir, Next target is North!!
Oru area-vayum vidra maari illa ;)

nickraman
19th November 2012, 08:24 PM
Thuppaki is a living proof to show the industry that piracy has no effect on a successfull film !!!

Or that the festive season release paid off.

nickraman
19th November 2012, 09:10 PM
Watched the movie.

Great show by Vijay. I think this is his true comeback than his previous ventures with Siddique and Shankar. Villian was kinda off a joker at times (didn't seem to show that "terror" seen in most villians. Vidyut got more screentime than he did in Billa 2.) Vijay's Hindi was awesome (much much better than his ATM dialogue) especially in the climax. He had confidence in saying a dialogue like "I am waiting" vs the peter lines in Kaavalan.

Kajal was stupid in this one. I think TN cinema is slowly becoming like Andhra cinema in heroine department. The love scenes were okay at first, but that post-Google Google-song kiss-adikira maadhiri scene was just ugh. Better than her role in Maattrraan I guess. In the comedy department, Jayaram scores over Sathyan (pretty weak in general.) A film like this doesn't require much comedy scope like Ghajini. Harris did good in music, though I wish he never composes a song like Alaikaa Laikaa ever again. 2 horrible singers (Javed Ali sings like a Marwadi in thamizh; Sayonara mumbles her way w/o clarity.)

It's Ghajini good but not upto Ramana standards (best ARM movie till date.) Still, it's a good comeback for Murugadoss after than horrible nonsense last year. After Ghilli, here's comes another film with repeated viewing.

SenGOEk
19th November 2012, 09:18 PM
Rajasekar @sekartweets
The overseas and neighbor state collections adds more + satellite rights leads to break even for the makers by tomorrow! #Thuppakki

SenGOEk
19th November 2012, 09:19 PM
Heading towards the target of Blockbuster...:smokesmirk:

SenGOEk
19th November 2012, 09:22 PM
Sidhu Writes @sidhuwrites
GFC and Copyright Media have started their job towards blocking the movie on the net! Will be done soon! VJ fans, give them some time!

ajaybaskar
19th November 2012, 09:25 PM
Wednesday is an auspicious day to start this blocking. Kindly inform this to GFC and the other company.

Dammy R
19th November 2012, 09:34 PM
Rajasekar ‏@sekartweets

The worldwide collection of first 6 days is around ~69 crores! full report with estimated collection soon... #Thuppakki

smaiitm
19th November 2012, 09:37 PM
Rajasekar ‏@sekartweets

The worldwide collection of first 6 days is around ~69 crores! full report with estimated collection soon... #Thuppakki

Awesome!

Any idea how the movie is doing in Andhra? Market pudika mudiyuma, for future movies of VJ?

venkkiram
19th November 2012, 09:39 PM
More than just comedy, Sathyan's character travels through the screen play till the end. More than just a comedian, his role was well established within the limits. Appreciate ARM for that. I just enjoyed his character.

smaiitm
19th November 2012, 09:43 PM
More than just comedy, Sathyan's character travels through the screen play till the end. More than just a comedian, his role was well established within the limits. Appreciate ARM for that. I just enjoyed his character.

Completely agree. Jayaram for comic relief and Sathyan as a 'thozhan'. Liked both the roles.

ajaybaskar
19th November 2012, 09:43 PM
ARM explained that why Sathyan's character is important. He represents the audience and asks Vijay whatever the audience wants to ask.

Dammy R
19th November 2012, 09:45 PM
The numbers keep getting bigger..looks like the movie is doing well in AP as well. See this.

Rajasekar ‏@sekartweets

oki its ~ 73 crores worldwide sorry! here it is with break-even status http://www.cinemalead.com/news-id-thuppaki-box-office-collection-for-first-6-days-19-11-12541.htm …

ajaybaskar
19th November 2012, 09:51 PM
ATMUS Entertainment ‏@ATMUSent (https://twitter.com/ATMUSent)
#Thuppakki (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Thuppakki&src=hash) USA record for 2012 Tamil films. We expect another week of strong run as it is long weekend in USA.

ajaybaskar
19th November 2012, 10:08 PM
@ATMUSent: #Thuppakki North American Gross at $320K on rentrak reported centers. $277K USA and $43K Canada. Canada actual must be much higher.

GAUTHU
19th November 2012, 10:12 PM
Dhananjayan Govind
@Dhananjayang 25m
If one film #Thuppakki
can rejunevate the
industry & trade, imagine,
how the industry will be if
the 10 Big films of next
year work at BO?

Parthyy
19th November 2012, 10:21 PM
well made entertainer barring climax sequence vijay was apt fit and underplayed
omg kajal agarwal enna hotttie who cares if her scene is mokai or not
Dont see santosh sivan speciality ..12 shoot and kidnat sequence top notch :thumpsup:

Kumaran.P
19th November 2012, 10:23 PM
http://m.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-d.ak/hphotos-ak-ash3/531073_171343623010554_1931149332_n.jpg

VinodKumar's
19th November 2012, 10:31 PM
Angeyuma? Shabbaaaa...

:lol:. US la lam thaaru maaru hit Ajay. Kankooda paathathu.

venkkiram
19th November 2012, 10:45 PM
Dont see santosh sivan speciality... His mastery revealed in

the way been brought for the atmosphere of night clubs
the angles he used to capture the busy Mumbai market places
the snow mountains - green landscapes of Swiss
the way action sequences are shown
the darker tone been used for investigation scenes

Overall his signature is written all over the frames.

VinodKumar's
19th November 2012, 10:48 PM
the snow mountains - green landscapes of Swiss

I think this was not by SS. They did not have SS dates when they shot Vennilavae song.

ajaybaskar
19th November 2012, 10:51 PM
It was by Natraj Subramaniam

venkkiram
19th November 2012, 10:52 PM
I think this was not by SS. They did not have SS dates when they shot Vennilavae song. Oh! then who handled the camera for that song?

As per ARM, SS seems to the busiest person in this industry and ARM was so lucky to get SS into this movie.

VinodKumar's
19th November 2012, 10:56 PM
Vijay and ARM in radio mirchi function

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/534508_520099791335750_2085233771_n.jpg

Kumaran.P
19th November 2012, 11:41 PM
Santosh Sivan via Twitter :
Thanks for all your sincere comments on Thuppaki on belhafoh everyone from the Thuppaki Team.

Kumaran.P
19th November 2012, 11:42 PM
Santosh Sivan via Twitter :
Thuppaki is nothing but the outcome of the effort of a buch of passionate people from cast and crew

ajaybaskar
19th November 2012, 11:44 PM
TFU Kannan ‏@TFU_Kannan (https://twitter.com/TFU_Kannan)
Going by the BO nos, @ARMurugadoss (https://twitter.com/ARMurugadoss) #Thuppakki (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Thuppakki&src=hash) will beat his own "7am Arivu" collections & become the highest grosser in recent times!

venkkiram
19th November 2012, 11:50 PM
விஜய் தொலைக்காட்சியில் சந்தோஷ் சிவனைப்பற்றி விஜய் பேசுகையில் .. "ஹீரோவின் வீடு மும்பையில் ஓரளவிற்கு பிஸியான சாலையின் அருகே இருக்கும். அதனால் இரவு நேரக் காட்சிகளில் வீட்டின் ஜன்னல் வழியே சாலை வாகனங்களின் ஒளி வந்து போவதாக காட்டியிருப்பார். "

venkkiram
19th November 2012, 11:53 PM
கடைசி யுத்தத்திற்கு தயாராகும் ஜெகதீஷ் தனது பழைய புகைப்படங்களை சுவரில் ஏறெடுத்துப் பார்க்கும் காட்சி - ரொம்ப நல்லா வந்திருக்கு. அழகான கவிதை போல.

ajaybaskar
19th November 2012, 11:56 PM
விஜய் தொலைக்காட்சியில் சந்தோஷ் சிவனைப்பற்றி விஜய் பேசுகையில் .. "ஹீரோவின் வீடு மும்பையில் ஓரளவிற்கு பிஸியான சாலையின் அருகே இருக்கும். அதனால் இரவு நேரக் காட்சிகளில் வீட்டின் ஜன்னல் வழியே சாலை வாகனங்களின் ஒளி வந்து போவதாக காட்டியிருப்பார். "

It gave the right effect for the interrogation scene

Parthyy
20th November 2012, 12:03 AM
^those house scenes u have to overlookin to notice and the green tone during kidnap fight brilliant

dell_gt
20th November 2012, 05:36 AM
movie is awesome...enjoy throughout the show
ARM = WOW
VJ = WOW
So many extra shows added that not listed in paper n website.. n this is in Malaysia.. sure BB over here

abhiveeru
20th November 2012, 09:02 AM
Week : 1
Total collections in Chennai : Rs. 4,83,60,314
Verdict: Grand Opening
No. Shows in Chennai (Weekend): 705
Average Theatre Occupancy (Weekend): 99%
Collection in Chennai (Weekend): Rs. 2,54,46,346

ajaybaskar
20th November 2012, 10:22 AM
Thuppakki is no different from Vijay's other mass masala entertainers. But why has it attained such a phenomenal success? I tried to list down a few reasons.

- ARM had shown a Vijay who appealed to all classes of audience. Tremendous work has gone behind in improving his costumes and physique. Special thanks to Komal, the costume designer for Vijay in Thuppakki

- Heroism was PERFECT. No over the top dialogues or fancy stunts. Jagdish enters the scenes whenever the audience wants him to. Special thanks to Kecha, who has done a great job with the action sequences.

- Whenever the villain is as good as the hero, we are in for a treat. An Antony for Baasha, Muthupandi for Saravana Velu and now this nameless for Jagdish. Vidyut has all the talents and looks for becoming a big star in the future.

- The screenplay was slick. Gone are the days when movies used to run for the face value of heroes. Now the stars' crowd pull only helps for the initial opening. The sustaining solely depends on the word I mentioned in the first line - screenplay. All the recent hits will prove my statement.

- It has been quite a while since there was a movie with army as the back drop. Thuppakki is not without flaws. But when you finish off the movie with a line - Dedicated to the Indian Army and their families - your sins are to be pardoned.

ajaybaskar
20th November 2012, 10:27 AM
@taran_adarsh: Tamil film #Thuppakki *opening weekend* UK £ 134,280 [Rs 1.18 cr] ... USA $ 3,20,349 [Rs 1.76 cr] ... Australia A$ 66,520 [Rs 37.99 lacs].

@taran_adarsh: Telugu film #Tuppakki *opening weekend* USA $ 15,373 [Rs 8.46 lacs].