PDA

View Full Version : Ilayathalapathy Vijay & A.R Muragadoss' Thuppakki

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14

SenGOEk
13th November 2012, 11:31 PM
actor suresh : Hearing great things about #Thupakki ; can't wait to come back and watch it on the big screen. Congrats Vijay & Dir Murugadoss

SenGOEk
13th November 2012, 11:33 PM
IndiaGlitz Verdicts: Murugadoss has packaged 'Thuppakki' in such a manner that Vijay's mass image keeps the film afloat and he has ensured that there is everything for a (Vijay) fan to look forward to

Kumaran.P
13th November 2012, 11:34 PM
A third round completion!!!!!!!!!!

Liking it better and bigger, definately you will not watch another film lik this unless if there's a sequel for Thuppaki!
Thalaivar had smooth opening but fans made it mass.. kutti Puli had adorable vijay anna with wonderful expressions and dance..
Scenes happening between vijay anna and kajal got huge claps and whistles in several place, for instance when vijay anna withdrawing to lip kiss her at the end of google google song and so many....
Pre-interval a 20mins is THE HIGHLIGHT OF THE FILM!!!!!!!!!
EXXCELLENT MISSION... :clap:
Heroeine kajal was gorgeous :) she had good screen space to perform and tried some dance to match up with vijay anna..

Jayaram performed best as army chief.. and sathyan scenes were interesting..
And First half gets over with I'm waiting..
Second half moves in top gear..... So many twists and tricky scenes that will keep you biting nails...villain was used very well..... he was both physically and mentally powerful and right bad guy to brainy secret agent vijay anna.. climax was very patriotic and poetic :)

everyone would love the climax and feel the greatness of our armymen... ... Thats why the end tag DEDICATED TO INDIAN ARMY :) :notworthy:
dialogues were apt and neat few were note worthy like
"ANTHA BAYAM IRUKANUM DA" goosebumps :smokesmirk:

"1000 Perai Kolla Ninaikiravane Uyira Pathi Kavala Padala Nama Uyira Kaapatha Ninaikirom Nama En Kavala Padanum" ??? ! :thumbsup:

etc..
Songs were beautiful.. Especially vennilave and google google is the song that people went mad over it..
on technical side, Santhosh Sivan proved again he is pure genius:) fantastic work.. And Harris BGM was
really good.......

editing big plus.. i think the movie length is 2.50hrs but it looked like it ended fast...

TWO THINGS I HATED MOST :
1) INTERVAL BLOCK
2) MOVIE ENDING SOON

VERDICT : i'd love to see a SEQUEL FOR THUPPAKI, would be apt and great !! :cheer: :cheer:

SenGOEk
13th November 2012, 11:35 PM
Rajasekar @sekartweets : surely #Thuppaki's hit ll give a momentum in the business of Tamilcinema, though I'm a fan of artistic films these films are also needed!

SenGOEk
13th November 2012, 11:36 PM
Nikil Murugan @onlynikil : Ilayathalapathy's stylish performance appreciated by all..Congrats to the team

SenGOEk
13th November 2012, 11:37 PM
Rajasekar @sekartweets : #Thuppakki-Guys the film getting good response in AP too which is very rare for Vijay film!

SenGOEk
13th November 2012, 11:37 PM
Udhaynidhi via Twitter : Congratz Vijay Anna @ARMurugadoss sir @Jharrisjayaraj sir and Thuppaaki team for giving a super stylish entertainment action movie!

SenGOEk
13th November 2012, 11:38 PM
Radikaa Sarathkumar @realradikaa : Thuppaki time.

SenGOEk
13th November 2012, 11:40 PM
Amala Paul : Yet to watch #Thuppakki may be tomorrow :-) already hearing fantastic reviews!

Kumaran.P
13th November 2012, 11:40 PM
'Thuppakki' is for the viewers, as throughout; scenes and dialogues have been tailor-made to evoke whistles, claps and applause from the audience. 'Thuppaki' will prove an enjoyable experience. It is also a salute to all army officials.
Verdict: Clean Entertainer.
http://www.metromatinee.com/Review/Thuppakki%20Review-218-1

Kumaran.P
13th November 2012, 11:42 PM
Just In :) Sangeetha Anni & Cutie Thalapathy Sanjay watching Thuppaki now at Sathyam Cinemas!

Kumaran.P
13th November 2012, 11:46 PM
Hindi comes so beautiful to thalaivar !!
tamil, english and hindi he rocked totally in all the three languages in movie..

Kumaran.P
14th November 2012, 12:02 AM
#Thuppakki Milk Abhishekam in Bentonville, USA premiere show.
http://m.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-c.ak/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x720/578990_304249473017827_1574424540_n.jpg?dl=1

CEDYBLUE
14th November 2012, 12:03 AM
1. What was the last Tamil movie that was appreciated for pure mass and pure class?
2. When was the last time a Tamil movie drew widespread appreciation and adoration from all classes of people/neutrals?
3. Which Tamil actor sans Rajnikanth can create this sort of expectation and euphoria among fans across age/gender?
4. Which contemporary Tamil star already approaching 40 look as young and as dynamic as Vijay?
5. Who is the most revered Tamil dance hero?
6. Who has been the most reliable Tamil hero in the last 15 years to have the most number of blockbuster hits?
7. Who among the current lot is the most consistent star in the last 15 years without any unwarranted breaks or unfruitful flirting with any other profession?
8. Which contemporary hero can carry humour as well as Vijay?
9. Who other than Vijay among his peers can perform gravity defying stunts/actions with such acrobatic style and ease?
10. Which hero after Rajnikanth has the biggest fan following?

Obvious answers all.

Vijay has a lot of strengths. Unfortunately he has been sedate and at times laidback which has worked as an advantage to others. One of Vijay’s major mistakes in the past is not choosing to work with good directors which he seems to have sorted out now. Though ridiculed/mocked consistently by a dedicated minority always, Vijay is back with a bang with Thuppakki and possibly shut the majority of them for now.

Vijay, this is just a beginning. Choose the best of directors and team and be judicious in your selection of movies. If that happens, the world will watch in awe all your wonderful talents.

ajaybaskar
14th November 2012, 12:31 AM
At this point of time, we should thank the following:

1. The producer of Kalla Thuppakki, who helped team Thuppakki with their free publicity.

2. Kumudam magazine, for ensuring that the Vijay-ARM bonding grows stronger.

3. Moviecrow.com and the web cam reviewer Prashanth, for making some people happy at least for few days.

Mukzi
14th November 2012, 12:35 AM
I just hope by the time Vijay-Nesan-R.B.Chowdry project is over.Murugadoss should be done with Hindi Thuppaki.Hopefully Thuppaaki-2.Must Happen.

smaiitm
14th November 2012, 12:36 AM

Vijay, this is just a beginning. Choose the best of directors and team and be judicious in your selection of movies. If that happens, the world will watch in awe all your wonderful talents.

Both Vijay and ARM have raised the bar to a new high, Individually for themselves and together for Tamil Movies. It is now even more crucial for Vijay to select great directors. One should be a little apprehensive how ALV will carry the baton for Vijay and project him a new and different light. One has to wait and see, specially after ALVs recent movie.

Mukzi
14th November 2012, 12:38 AM

1. The producer of Kalla Thuppakki, who helped team Thuppakki with their free publicity.

3. Moviecrow.com and the web cam reviewer Prashanth, some peoplehappy at least for few days.

Prasanth overraaa thaan irunthitchu.now.we know who is genuine..and who.loves.to spread rumours.

VinodKumar's
14th November 2012, 12:41 AM
One thing which kept me shocked for a while was the way Thalaivar carried out the Hindi dialogues :thumbsup:. Especially the dialogues during the climax :shock:. I was not confident when ARM was telling the same in the pre release promotions.

As usual few kaalans were there in the yesterday show to spoil the movie. That is usual for any movie in US except Rajini and Kamal movies. Audience enjoyed lot of scenes. Though songs are placed in right places two songs could have been removed.

Actions sequences are choreographed well and comedies came out well. Jeyaram :lol:. Vijay is awesome throughout the movie. easily one of the best in his career.

And as a Vijay fan IMO Ghilli > Thuppakki.

ajaybaskar
14th November 2012, 12:42 AM
All shows @Fame Cinemas, except 2 special shows, sold out for 14th. Good going this.. :)

CEDYBLUE
14th November 2012, 12:43 AM

3. Moviecrow.com and the web cam reviewer Prashanth, for making some people happy at least for few days.

What is amusing the how easily the Kumudham guy could write crap in a reputed magazine. I would still think that Vijay and ARM would have rubbed shoulders a couple of times during the shoot and to that extend I think this would happen in any shoot. But to write about Vijay ghost directing and stuff were pure crap. ARM and Vijay's response should serve as a warning to trolls such as this. As far as Prashanth is concerned, I think he is one hapless soul craving for some kind of recognition and visibility by projecting himself as an Industry expert. Kalla Thuppakki - comedy pasanga.

Ajay, where did you watch the movie?

CEDYBLUE
14th November 2012, 12:45 AM
Both Vijay and ARM have raised the bar to a new high, Individually for themselves and together for Tamil Movies. It is now even more crucial for Vijay to select great directors. One should be a little apprehensive how ALV will carry the baton for Vijay and project him a new and different light. One has to wait and see, specially after ALVs recent movie.

ALV has a good resume and is far better than a untried newbie director. I am more circumspect about Nesan-SGF project.

ajaybaskar
14th November 2012, 12:47 AM
Cedy,

Not to forget the 'Laabam,Nashtam' episode. The first if its kind. :rotfl:

I have not watched the movie yet. 15th morning only.. :(

CEDYBLUE
14th November 2012, 12:48 AM
Ghilli Vs Thuppakki--------hard to pick. Ghilli was a trendsetter in 2004 and Thuppakki is well on the way to becoming one in 2012. Ghilli is always spl for Vijay fans but IMO Thuppakki might be extra special considering the competition these days and for the 'class' element

CEDYBLUE
14th November 2012, 12:50 AM
One should either be honest or at least be creative. Kumudham lacked both in this case. :rotfl:

I think for long timers this will be a movie to long cherish. So have fun :)

Cedy,

Not to forget the 'Laabam,Nashtam' episode. The first if its kind. :rotfl:

I have not watched the movie yet. 15th morning only.. :(

ajaybaskar
14th November 2012, 12:51 AM
Who is the stunt choreo of the movie? ARM had earlier said that it was Anal Arasu. But I heard that the title card had a different name.

VinodKumar's
14th November 2012, 01:04 AM
ah din't check that due to sound in the theater. Stunts are very good and powerful. Reg BGM for HJ standards he did well for this movie. Din't use peepi/ahhh/oooh anywhere in the movie. Used the theme music for most parts of the movie which is very good. My pick of the album after watched the movie is kutti puli kootam. Energetic.

People clapped for poi varava song. Credits to Murugadoss.

VinodKumar's
14th November 2012, 01:09 AM
Few status from my FB page I liked today ...

Its time to re-activate the Vijay cells in you!!!!!!!

After a long time something worth watching. #suspense_laye_saavu_da

Fires right, hit the bulls eye # thuppakki

songs make u to yawn but vijay's dance nd visuals makes it watchable #thuppaki

its d vijay taken directly out f docomo nd alukkas ads.. looks smart in ethan-huntesque Jagadish #thuppakki

Last three statues were from my brother who is Kamal fan.

GaGa :)
14th November 2012, 02:27 AM
THUPPAKKI IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:2thumbsup::redjump::bluejump::redjump::bluejump:: redjump::2thumbsup:

No need to say anymore. AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING ! Even I didn't expect something SO slick and stylish! Mind blown, almost in tears of pride! :cry3:

Murgadoss and Vijay :bow::clap:

VinodKumar's
14th November 2012, 02:36 AM
:cool:.

selvamohankumar
14th November 2012, 04:33 AM
:D happy happy.

selvamohankumar
14th November 2012, 04:48 AM
@Vinod i will be watching thuppaki in the same peach tree big cinemas. Are the theatres good :)

VinodKumar's
14th November 2012, 04:54 AM
what are you in Atlanta ? When did u come ?

selvamohankumar
14th November 2012, 05:14 AM
Vinod i M in greenville, SC 2.30 hrs from atlanta.. coming just for thupaki... I came oct 15 here

Kumaran.P
14th November 2012, 08:21 AM
1. What was the last Tamil movie that was appreciated for pure mass and pure class?
2. When was the last time a Tamil movie drew widespread appreciation and adoration from all classes of people/neutrals?
3. Which Tamil actor sans Rajnikanth can create this sort of expectation and euphoria among fans across age/gender?
4. Which contemporary Tamil star already approaching 40 look as young and as dynamic as Vijay?
6. Who has been the most reliable Tamil hero in the last 15 years to have the most number of blockbuster hits?
7. Who among the current lot is the most consistent star in the last 15 years without any unwarranted breaks or unfruitful flirting with any other profession?
9. Who other than Vijay among his peers can perform gravity defying stunts/actions with such acrobatic style and ease?

Obvious answers all.

Vijay has a lot of strengths. Unfortunately he has been sedate and at times laidback which has worked as an advantage to others. One of Vijay’s major mistakes in the past is not choosing to work with good directors which he seems to have sorted out now. Though ridiculed/mocked consistently by a dedicated minority always, Vijay is back with a bang with Thuppakki and possibly shut the majority of them for now.

:notworthy: :clap:

Kumaran.P
14th November 2012, 08:28 AM
Vettri Theatres Fan Club : First time ever in Vettri's History, a midnight show
has been screened after the release and guess
what, the attempt went ultimately successful ... Thx
for your support ...

jinju
14th November 2012, 09:08 AM
watched it first day. an out and out murugadoss flick. nice to see him back after a below average previous outing. his best after Ramana for me. Vijay, what a makeover, right from costume selection, well done! a film with huge repeat value.

SenGOEk
14th November 2012, 09:27 AM
துப்பாக்கி திரை விமர்சனம்
நடிகர்: விஜய்
நடிகை: காஜல் அகர்வால்
இயக்குனர்: ஏ.ஆர்.முருகதாஸ்
இசை:ஹாரிஸ் ஜெயராஜ்
ஒளிப்பதிவு: சந்தோஷ்சிவன்.

தீபாவளிக் கொண்டாட்டத்தில் விஜய் ரசிகர்களுக்கு துப்பாக்கி அதிரடியான கொண்டாட்டமாக மாறியிருக்கிறது என்று சொன்னால் அது மிகையாகாது.
ஒரு அதிரடி ஆக்சன் நிறைந்த நட்சத்திர ஹீரோவை சரியாக கையாண்டிருக்கிறார் ஏ.ஆர்.முருகதாஸ்.தீனா, ரமணா, கஜினி, ஏழாம் அறிவு போன்ற படங்களிலிருந்து துப்பாக்கியை வேறொரு கோணத்தில் பார்க்கலாம்.
விறுவிறுப்பான கதைக்களத்தில் தொடங்கும் துப்பாக்கியின் கதை, ஒரு இராணுவ வீரனின் விறுவிறுப்பான செயல்கள் மூலம் தீவிரவாதிகளை பிடிப்பது.
இராணுவத்தில் இருக்கும் விஜய் மும்பைக்கு விடுமுறையில் வருகிறார். அங்கே போலீஸில் இருக்கும் சத்தியனுடன் ஊர் சுற்றுவது தான் வேலை.
ஒரு முறை இவர்கள் பயணம் செய்த வண்டியில் ஒரு தீவிரவாதி வேறேங்கோ கொண்டு செல்ல முற்பட்ட குண்டு வெடிக்கிறது.
ஆனால் அத்தீவிரவாதியை பிடித்து போலீஸில் கொடுக்கிறார். அவன் ஒரு போலீசாராலேயே தப்பிக்க வைக்கப்பட இவரது வேட்டை தீவிரவாதிகளுக்கு எதிராக மட்டுமல்லாமல் தவறான போலீசாரைக் கூட தற்கொலை செய்து கொள்ளுமளவுக்கு இருக்கிறது.
கதையில் பெரியளவு வித்தியாசத்தைக் காணமுடியாவிட்டாலும் விஜய்யின் வழக்கமான பாணியில் இருந்து பெரிதும் மாறுபட்டதாகவும் அளவுக்கதிகமான ஹீரோயிசம் இல்லாமலும் கில்லியில் பார்த்த விஜய்யின் இன்னும் ஒரு புதிய தோற்றத்தைக் காணக் கூடியதாக உள்ளது.
நடனத்துக்காக தினேசும், ஸ்ரீதரும் விஜய்யை நன்றாகப் புழிந்து விட்டார்கள் என்பது அவரது நடன அசைவுகளிலேயே தெளிவாகத் தெரிகிறது.
காஜல் அகர்வால் அழகு விருந்து படைத்தாலும் திரில் நிறைத்த கதைப் பகுதிக்குள் நுழைக்கப்படவே இல்லை என்பதால் ஆரம்பத்தில் மட்டும் ஒரு சில காட்சிகளால் மனதுக்குள் பதிந்ததோடு மறைந்து போய் விடுகிறார்.
தீவிரவாதிகளை குழுவாகத் ஒரே நேரத்தில் வெவ்வேறு இடத்தில் தாக்கும் இடத்திலும், தீவிரவாதிகளை அவர்கள் இடத்திலேயே தங்கையை பணயமாக வைத்து அழிக்கும் இடத்திலும் விஜய் ஸ்டைலில் ஒரு கலக்குக் கலக்கி விடுகிறார்.
துப்பாக்கி சுழற்றலுக்காகவே அவர் ஒரு வாரம் பயிற்சி எடுத்திருப்பார் என நினைக்கிறேன்.தீவிரவாதிகளை குழுவாகத் ஒரே நேரத்தில் வெவ்வேறு இடத்தில் தாக்கும்காட்சியும் அதற்காக விஜய்யின் கெட்டப்பும் ஃபாக்ஸ், ஏ. எக். என் இல் ஒளிபரப்பான பிரபல தொடரான 24 மணிநேரத்தையும் அதில் நடித்த ஜக் பவர் ஐயும் அப்படியே நினைவுபடுத்திச் செல்கிறது.அதே போல கையில் சிப்ஸ் பதித்துச் செல்லும் இடத்திலும் மிசன் இம்பாஸிபிள் ஐ நினைவூட்டுவது போல உள்ளது.
சந்தோஷ் சிவன் தனது ஒளிப்பதிவை திறம்படச் செய்துள்ளார். அதுமட்டுமல்லாமல் பஸ் மற்றும் கப்பல் குண்டு வெடித்தல் காட்சிகள் மிகவும் நுட்பமாக உருவாக்கப்பட்டுள்ளது.விஜய் இப்படத்திலும் இரு தங்கைகள் மூலம் தங்கை சென்டிமென்டை கையாண்டிருக்கிறார். அனைவரும் எதிர் பார்த்தது போல படத்தில் அலட்டல் நிறைந்த எந்தவொரு பஞ்ச் வசனத்தையும் விஜய் பேசவில்லை.அதே போல ஹரிசின் இசையும் விஜயின் ஸ்டைலுக்கும் படத்தின் விறுவிறுப்புக்கும் பெரிதும் ஒத்துப் போவது மிகப் பெரிய பிளசாக இருக்கின்றது.
நண்பனுக்கு பின்னர், விஜய்யும் சத்யனும் துப்பாக்கியில் இணைந்து நடித்துள்ளனர் என்பது குறிப்பிடத்தக்கது.காஜல் அகர்வால் முதன் முறையாக விஜய்யுடன் நடித்தாலும் நடிப்பில், கவர்ச்சியில் வாங்கும் சம்பளத்திற்கு குறைவில்லாமல் நடித்திருக்கிறார்.

துப்பாக்கி – பாக்ஸ் ஆபீசை சுலபமாக சுட்டு நொறுக்கி விடும்..!!

http://mycinenews.com/thuppakki-full-review/

SenGOEk
14th November 2012, 09:29 AM
ATMUS Entertainment : Tupaki (Thuppaki Telugu) will release on Friday the 16th November all over USA!

SenGOEk
14th November 2012, 09:31 AM
To Kumudham : Better luck next time...

Kumaran.P
14th November 2012, 10:18 AM
My Pick of the MOVIE! WITH BGM <GOOSEBUMPS> !!!!
http://m.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-c.ak/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/598582_467720779944945_1023626452_n.jpg

ajaybaskar
14th November 2012, 10:48 AM
@taran_adarsh: Tamil film #Thuppakki starts very well in Australia. Despite #JTHJ and #SOS, collects A$ 23,487 from 5 locations [Rs 13.48 lacs].

Kumaran.P
14th November 2012, 11:02 AM
Annan itzprasanth ipa Twitter la enna solraaru na :

//Thuppakki is the first big budget block buster of this year. im not saying this, distributors are saying this!!//

ne sollalanaalum athu engaluku theriyum da :lol:

Kumaran.P
14th November 2012, 11:09 AM
The Front and Back Page Of Today's Metro Manoramma.
Exclusive News on the Release of Thuppaki :)
Look at the Mass this man Carries!
Way beyond our Imaginations ♥
http://m.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-a.ak/hphotos-ak-prn1/s720x720/21638_517976828214713_1706236168_n.jpg

ajaybaskar
14th November 2012, 12:01 PM
@TFU_Kannan: #Thuppakki has taken one of the best opening in Tamil Cinema history at Tamilnadu & Kerala! Amazing collections on Day 1.

ajaybaskar
14th November 2012, 12:03 PM
@VidyutJammwal: Thank u all for ur feedback on my performance in #Thuppakki . Truly heartening & humbling. Big thank u to @ARMurugadoss for everything!

ajaybaskar
14th November 2012, 12:06 PM
@sri50: #Thuppakki- In Kerala it has become the highest grossing film on opening day as it released in a record 124 screens!

Kumaran.P
14th November 2012, 12:07 PM
Sreedhar Pillai @sri50
#Thuppakki- In Kerala it has become the highest grossing film on opening day as it released in a record 124 screens!

ajaybaskar
14th November 2012, 12:10 PM
Pottaachu..Pottaachu :)

SenGOEk
14th November 2012, 12:16 PM
Thuppaki - Telugu version review

Review : Thuppaki – Hits the Bulls Eye

Release date: 13 Nov 2012
123telugu.com Rating : 3.5/5
Director : A.R.Murugadoss
Producer :Shobha Rani
Music Director : Harris Jeyraj
Starring : Vijay, Kajal Agarwal

Vijay is a huge superstar in Tamil, but has a very nominal market in Telugu. He tried to venture into Tollywod with the film Snehitulu, but to his bad luck failed to capitalize. Now yet again, he is back with his Diwali release Thuppakki in the direction of creative genius Murugadoss. After some delay in its release, Thuppaki has manged to hit the screens today. Let’s see how it is.

Story:
Jagdish, who is a secret agent in Indian army comes to his native place during his holidays. His parents get him engaged to Nisha(Kajal Agarwal) and the couple start spending some quality time together. When everything seems to be going fine Jagish visits Mumbai. During his stay, a huge bomb blast occurs and Jagdish chases down the culprit and interrogates him severely. To his surprise, he comes to know that there are many more bombs that have been planted right through the entire city. Rest of the story is how Jagdish manages to chase down the other terrorists, and save the whole city from huge devastation.

Plus Points:-
Vijay is undoubtedly the major asset to the film. Unlike his mass image, he plays a mature character and carries it with ease. He plays his role with lot of conviction, and is terrific in the investigative scenes. His body language, comedy timing and look are perfect in Thuppakki. Though Kajal Agarwal has nothing much to do in the film, she complimented Vijay very nicely in the dances. Kajal is particularly good in the Google song.
Vidyut Jamwal is impressive as the bad guy. Scenes just before the interval involving the killing of terrorists, have been shot exceptionally well. Interaction scenes between the hero and the villain and the mind games associated with them, have been designed exceptionally. Some scenes in the pre-climax are worth a mention and make you stick to your seats.

Minus Points:-
Chemistry between Vijay and Kajal is completely lacking in this film. All the scenes, songs and romantic track sometimes cause a big hindrance to the film. Timing of the songs is also not up to the mark. The mass masala elements which the regular movie goer associates with a hero like Vijay is missing here.

Technical Aspects:-
The music of the film is pretty average. As the combination of Murugadoss and Harris Jayraj are known for some foot tapping music, it is completely missing from this film. Background score is pretty good and is exceptional in all investigation scenes. Santosh Sivan’s camera work is good. Screenplay is nice. Some scenes between Vijay and Kajal could have been completely chopped off to make this film more gripping. Vijay’s dubbing is apt and suits the nativity well.

Verdict:-
On the whole, Thuppakki is one film which has everything going right for it. A stylish Vijay, some exceptional thrilling moments and edge of the seat action makes this film surely worth a watch.

Finally, one can say that yet another Tamil hero has successfully managed to capture the hearts of Telugu audience.

123telugu.com Rating – 3.5/5

Reviewed by Ashok Reddy . M

http://www.123telugu.com/reviews/review-thuppaki-hits-the-bulls-eye.html#.UKM1fluyC8w.facebook

ajaybaskar
14th November 2012, 12:18 PM
As a matter of fact, Twenty 20 - The Malayalam multistarrer which had Mammootty,Mohanlal,Dileep,Suresh Gopi and Jayaram in the lead, was released in 117 screens.

Thuppakki in 124 screens. Only Endhiran released in more screens - 128

SenGOEk
14th November 2012, 12:22 PM
catchmyseat @catchmyseat
Our biggest ticket sale in #Catchmyseat.com this year for the movie #Thuppaki

SenGOEk
14th November 2012, 12:29 PM
BreakingViews @BreakingViews4u
Almost all news channel covered Trivandrum Vijay fans mass for 4am show, one even had a talk show asking 'IS this good for Malayalam cinema?

ajaybaskar
14th November 2012, 12:32 PM
Yes.. Definitely it would have left the Ms fuming. But their films are different from ours and this euphoria will not affect them I believe.

SenGOEk
14th November 2012, 12:34 PM
Kerala Vijay fans have a blast on Deepavali day

It was a blasting Deepavali for Vijay fans, who got a fully-loaded entertainment to celebrate. ‘Thuppakki’, the much-awaited Vijay film, had a rousing reception in the city. Setting a record, the show began at 4.15 am in Sree Padmanabha theatre. The first two shows in Sree Padmanabha were exclusively for Vijay fans, who thronged theatres carrying crackers and wearing white T-shirts with pictures of Vijay printed on them.

Apart from Sree Padmanabha, ‘Thuppakki’ is also being screened at Ajantha and Remya.Around 2,300 Vijay fans watched the film at Sree Padmanabha by the end of the first three shows on Tuesday. Ajantha and Remya too witnessed heavy rush. An exciting reception in a similar manner occurred last time for the Rajnikanth film ‘Sivaji’ when it was released at 7 am. According to officials of Sree Padmanabha theatre, the screening time of 4.15 am was a record. Balcony seats at Sree Padmanabha are already booked for Wednesday. Reservation had begun for ‘Thuppakki’ two days in advance.

Unlike earlier Vijay-starrers, ‘Thuppakki’ is getting rave reviews too. Vijay has paired with Kajal Aggarwal in this A R Murugadoss film, an action thriller set against the backdrop of terrorism in Mumbai. The film was termed as one of the highly anticipated movies of the year.

Deepavali celebrations began for Vijay fans early in the morning when they burst crackers in front of the theatres screening ‘Thuppakki.’

http://newindianexpress.com/cities/thiruvananthapuram/article1339304.ece

Mahen
14th November 2012, 12:36 PM
pathachu..easily one the best entertainers this year :thumbsup: ARM and screenplay :clap: but commercial elements like songs could have been reduced..too many..For me songs and picturization were disappointing..

SenGOEk
14th November 2012, 12:53 PM
As a matter of fact, Twenty 20 - The Malayalam multistarrer which had Mammootty,Mohanlal,Dileep,Suresh Gopi and Jayaram in the lead, was released in 117 screens.

Thuppakki in 124 screens. Only Endhiran released in more screens - 128

But there are reports claiming Thuppaki released in 130+ screens..

http://venuvakeel.blogspot.in/2012/11/thuppaki-storms-kerala.html

joe
14th November 2012, 01:16 PM
even had a talk show asking 'IS this good for Malayalam cinema?
which channel ? any link for video?

srimal
14th November 2012, 01:41 PM
good movie... not a single boring moment !! twists ellam nalla irundhadhu.... theatrela response was super !!!(S2 la 7:30 am show :D )

music mattum thaan minus... google google thavira ella songs um one stanza reduce pannirukkalaam..

ajaybaskar
14th November 2012, 02:06 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A7pcmH1CQAAkuNl.jpg:large

Rajkumar Periasamy ‏@Rajkumar_KP (https://twitter.com/Rajkumar_KP)
Thanks fr everythng Vijay Sir-U r a darling!D best2work with!No interference;No tantrums;super talented&grt human being

Kumaran.P
14th November 2012, 02:40 PM
We will soon see Thuppaki being remade in other languages :happydance:
solli adichaan da thalaivan !!!!

Kumaran.P
14th November 2012, 02:41 PM
IBN LIVE 'Thuppakki' Verdict:
This well written Tamil film engages the audience.. In essence, 'Thuppakki' has the energy of Vijay and intellect of ARMurugadoss..

Kumaran.P
14th November 2012, 02:42 PM
"Thupakki Padam Potruka Theater irukkara Theruvukkulla Kooda Nolaya Mudiyaathu, Avlo Kootam" -Saravanan Meenaktchi@Vijay Tv

ajaybaskar
14th November 2012, 03:34 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A7pZuCkCUAABFr-.jpg:large

directhit
14th November 2012, 03:36 PM
Saturday evening :redjump: :bluejump:

arulraj
14th November 2012, 03:48 PM
At last as a vijay fan , fully satisfied with the way around THUPPAKKI ..... have a plan to go tonight 2nd time.

PARAMASHIVAN
14th November 2012, 03:50 PM
pathachu..easily one the best entertainers this year :thumbsup: ARM and screenplay :clap: but commercial elements like songs could have been reduced..too many..For me songs and picturization were disappointing..

Yes, the songs could have been reduced! Neat and stylish screen play! :thumbsup:

Kajal looked beuatiful :p
VJ's dance was good as always
Jairam was hilarious as usual :rotfl:
Villian was good!

ARM has done a neat job!!

ajaybaskar
14th November 2012, 03:50 PM
Police Protection in Vijay's House

Ever since Thuppakki started, there have been a lot of controversies cropping up every now and then. Crossing all those barriers n hiccups the movie released yesterday with audience full of expectation.

The movie was scripted based on the Mumbai terrorist attacks.

Now the latest that the movie is facing is from a Muslim organizations that has complained against the movie. They have said that some scenes in the movie reviewed opposed Muslim peoples and that controversial scenes should be deleted.

To avoid any sort of trouble, police protection has been given to Vijay's house which is near to Neelangarai Sea Shore and also in Vijay's father house too.

PARAMASHIVAN
14th November 2012, 03:58 PM
I remember the same thing happened to Maniratnam after bombay was released

Kumaran.P
14th November 2012, 04:15 PM
During the climax, muslim military men were also shown .. athalam paakalaya ma??
padathoda director murugadoss veetuku pogama namma thalaivar veetuku en varanga? Theeya sakthigalaam ena mukkunaalum THUPPAKI DIALOGUE THAN <Antha Bayam Irukanum Da / Antha Bayam enaku pudichiruku>

vithagan
14th November 2012, 04:20 PM
Thuppakki - Watched it.. liked it :thumbsup:

Good entertainer, vijay is looking very smart. Lately I started liking his films(Kavalan, Nanban, Thuppakki) again except Velayudham. I have not seen his movie in Theater since Gilli, but this year back to back Nanban & Thuppakki in theaters :) Ippadiye trend continue aana nalla irukkum.. let see..

Regarding Thupakki, very good entertainer, but vijay's career bestnu solla mudiyadhu.. Gilli'la thangachi kooda adikkira looti ellam nalla vandhirukkum.. but thuppakila I feel comedy romba work out aagala.. anganga sirikka mudindhadhu.. But Action & Presentation are better in Thuppakki
Few minuses i felt are, Songs, Kajal, Jayaram scenes (mokkaiya irundhadhu).

Weekday release is not working in US i guess, at least in our area. Tuesday evening 5:00 PM show only 10 to 15 people. For night show I can see around 30-40. May be weekend nalla response irukkalam.

Overall satisfied with Thuppakki!! :)

arulraj
14th November 2012, 04:22 PM
http://www.moviecrow.com/News/1576/opening-report---thuppaki-opening-is-beerangi

Kumaran.P
14th November 2012, 04:28 PM
Glad to See that Neutral people givin positive feedbacks :) thank you brothers..

arulraj
14th November 2012, 04:29 PM
I can loudly say this year filmfare award is only to our THALAPATHY.

Mahen
14th November 2012, 04:30 PM
Btw, one of Vijay's sis-ku nalla future iruku :mrgreen: remember seeing her in Vazhuku 18/9

Kumaran.P
14th November 2012, 05:02 PM
A.R.Murugadoss - Hi friends...I'm going to be live on
radio mirchi at 6PM. Try to catch up :)

Kumaran.P
14th November 2012, 05:05 PM
Vettri Theatres, Chennai :
Thuppakki New Record ... 2nd Highest No. of Audience in a Single Day in Vettri Theatres History after Enthiran ... Share This & Like this Update ...
http://www.facebook.com/vettritheatresfanclub

Kumaran.P
14th November 2012, 05:33 PM
Anything for VIJAY !!!!

Vijay fans Cutting their hands and
doing Blood Abishegam for
Thalapathys Cutout in
Chidambaram :shock: :shock: ...!!!!

http://m.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-b.ak/hphotos-ak-prn1/536444_437448246319180_1874450610_n.jpg

ecureuhapis
14th November 2012, 05:35 PM
i'm all for fanboyism. but that is just stupid.

HonestRaj
14th November 2012, 05:42 PM
one good thing i liked about ARM is his strength in screenplay & little twists which he used to full extent in Ramana & Ghajini..
but in 7AM Arivu... he failed in this

PARAMASHIVAN
14th November 2012, 05:56 PM
one good thing i liked about ARM is his strength in screenplay & little twists which he used to full extent in Ramana & Ghajini..

Agreed!

SoftSword
14th November 2012, 06:01 PM
i liked ramana very much but ghajini second half was mediocre...

Roshan
14th November 2012, 06:31 PM
Now please do not start discussing about his other films here.

Kumaran.P
14th November 2012, 06:46 PM
Arulraj , remove the post.. We'll send the link to gemini :) already thirutuvcd link was reported and removed now.. so kindly remove the post..

SoftSword
14th November 2012, 06:58 PM
Now please do not start discussing about his other films here.
thats ok but why do u say that?

Roshan
14th November 2012, 07:02 PM
thats ok but why do u say that?

It might lead to digression. Today's only the 2nd day and it is better to give Vijay fans their space to enjoy the momentum.

SoftSword
14th November 2012, 07:12 PM
whatever :roll:

otedoric
14th November 2012, 07:40 PM
This should also be a IMAGINATIVE WRITING that similarities between VISHWAROOBAM and THUPPAKI on few scenes....

No Idea abt TRAITOR :)

vithagan
14th November 2012, 07:49 PM
SKV Unga poste oru spoiler dhaan.. idhukku explanation white'la kaekareenga ;) I think the two post explains all. Ore scenea rendu(Gun & Viswa) padathula uruvi irukkanga pola.. onnu mundhikittadhaala..secondukku problem dhaan ;) ( indha seidhi unmayaai irukkum patchathil)

ARM edhavdhu oru padathula irundhu concept uruvi konjam merugerri than padangalla kudakarrdhu pozhappa vaichirukkar.. adhu idhulayum thodarudhu pola.. :) its a news to me.

EOD padam satisfied so we can forget the copycat work ;)

Kumaran.P
14th November 2012, 07:56 PM
Vijay's 'Thuppakki' hits success in USA

USA is gripped with the thrilling magic of our Ilayathalapathy Vijay of late!
The superstar's latest entertainer'Thuppakki' opened big with premieres in 40 locations across USA. Incidentally this AR Murugadoss's first outing with Vijay had garnered huge expectations among fans.
Generally it's uncommon for people in USA to go for movies during week days. In spite of a Monday premiere and with last minute show time updates by theatres due to print arrival and keys for digital prints, lots of fanswere seen patiently waiting to watch Vijay on premiere. Our sources shared that people even waited for more than an hour forshows to start in places like Austin and Minneapolis.
The word of mouth is great for the movie and ATMUS Entertainment, the distributor believes this will turn out to be the first big movie to be a blockbuster in 2012. In spite of date getting pushed from 9th (a weekend) to 13th, ATMUS still managed to release it in 52 screens with 40 premieres.
In Bentonville, Arkansas a secondpremiere show was added due topeople turning up from neighbouring locations. For the records, this is a very small town where they screen only one shownormally and the only other movie that required a second show was 'Billa-2' premiere. Hereyou can catch few glimpses of the excitement that happened during the Bentonville premiere -where Vijay fans carried on the typical tradition of garlanding and Milk Abhishekam to Ilayathalapathy's banner!

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/88179.html

19thmay
14th November 2012, 08:33 PM
Liked it! First half pidikala [ except that "operation" scene ]. Second half is good, climax is very quick and I thought "avvlothana!".
Vijay, can't believe that he is nearing 40! :clap: Romance between Kajal - Vijay is mokka.

Of late Vijay's best screen presence, especially in the second half. Logic ellam paakama enjoy pannalaam. Nice entertainer.

Vijay fan will love it, others will like the second half.

PARAMASHIVAN
14th November 2012, 08:37 PM
Vijay, can't believe that he is nearing 40!

Why ?

19thmay
14th November 2012, 08:45 PM
He looks so young and fit! adhaan.

When I was watching the movie, I remembered this dialogue unintentionally from Mahanadigan by Sathyaraj immitating captain voice "Engga aatha aadu valatha, kozhi valatha, vaan kozhi mattum valakkala, yen theriyuma? pakistan theeviravadhigal sutruvaanga-nu thaan" :lol2:

But when the movie started with this plot I started yawning, its Murgadoss screenplay, Vijay's screenpresence and acting helped

Kumaran.P
14th November 2012, 08:47 PM
<BGM> when he comes out in the mist.. YOUR Pulse will raise!!! You will get goosebumps surely for this scene !! Truely Marana Mass scene.
http://m.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-b.ak/hphotos-ak-prn1/s720x720/603994_466781820027896_582077157_n.jpg

PARAMASHIVAN
14th November 2012, 08:47 PM
Sridhar

So as Surya ? BTW I think VJ is around 37

joe
14th November 2012, 08:57 PM
I think VJ is around 37
ethanai varushama?

VinodKumar's
14th November 2012, 09:00 PM
he is 38 years old.

19thmay
14th November 2012, 09:07 PM
Btw Ghilli vs Thuppaki comparison? No way, Ghilli still remains his best. Thuppaki is better than his previous movies in the last 5 years.

Kumaran.P
14th November 2012, 09:09 PM
They used one of the Goundamani's popular dialogue in the movie very well :thumbsup: i could see whole theatre laughing out loud and applausing for that scene !

venkkiram
14th November 2012, 09:09 PM
SKV Unga poste oru spoiler dhaan.. idhukku explanation white'la kaekareenga ;) I think the two post explains all. Ore scenea rendu(Gun & Viswa) padathula uruvi irukkanga pola.. onnu mundhikittadhaala..secondukku problem dhaan ;) ( indha seidhi unmayaai irukkum patchathil)

ARM edhavdhu oru padathula irundhu concept uruvi konjam merugerri than padangalla kudakarrdhu pozhappa vaichirukkar.. adhu idhulayum thodarudhu pola.. :) its a news to me.

EOD padam satisfied so we can forget the copycat work ;) Where did you find SKV post? Onnume puriyala.

svaisn
14th November 2012, 09:11 PM
Sridhar

So as Surya ? BTW I think VJ is around 37

Surya, is definitely one of the smartest heros in TF industry now.... but he has lot of artificiality in him... Just my thought.... he has become very conscious in anything and everything he does...(May be his TV debut influenced him a lot....) ... one instance, when he reacts to Raja during the NEPV music release.....

Vijay appadi illa... Just like any other guy you see next door... :bow:

SoftSword
14th November 2012, 09:11 PM
benki..
the post was deleted... self/mods i dono...
it was some snippets from some blog which discussed some scenes in the movie... also it mentioned that viswaroop also is having such scenes...

PARAMASHIVAN
14th November 2012, 09:35 PM
Vijay appadi illa... Just like any other guy you see next door... :bow:
True, I am not sure if that is good or bad

PARAMASHIVAN
14th November 2012, 09:36 PM
They used one of the Goundamani's popular dialogue in the movie very well :thumbsup: i could see whole theatre laughing out loud and applausing for that scene !

which one ?

svaisn
14th November 2012, 09:40 PM
Param.... Sathyan says to Kajal "petromax lightee than venumaa"

PARAMASHIVAN
14th November 2012, 09:46 PM
ah thanks karthik :)

mabiqukaumo
14th November 2012, 09:50 PM
1st hit for vijay in telugu...,got good response in hydearabad (Andhra Pradesh)

pic from viswanath theatre in hydearabad..!!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A7rDCaLCYAA3wwo.jpg

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
14th November 2012, 09:56 PM
benki..
the post was deleted... self/mods i dono...
it was some snippets from some blog which discussed some scenes in the movie... also it mentioned that viswaroop also is having such scenes...

go read tamilcinema.com & tamil.webdunia.com

u shud find this news on top

Warden
14th November 2012, 10:03 PM
Btw Ghilli vs Thuppaki comparison? No way, Ghilli still remains his best. Thuppaki is better than his previous movies in the last 5 years.

A killer soundtrack wud've turned the tables though :(

svaisn
14th November 2012, 10:08 PM

100% True.... They should have gone to DSP or GVP or atleast Vijay Anthony..... HJ ellam naddu kadathanum... Super hit Tunes ellam sudurathu romba over....

Warden
14th November 2012, 10:10 PM
Without a doubt his best straight film though.Beats Kushi by a country mile.

venkkiram
14th November 2012, 10:16 PM
At least they would have gone for VS!

விஜய் படத்தில் முன்பெல்லாம் மெலடி பாடல் ஒன்றாவது மிகவும் பிரபலமாகி தமிழ்நாட்டையே வலம் வந்து கொண்டிருக்கும். அந்தக் காலமெல்லாம் மலையேறிவிட்டது. குறைந்த பட்சம் வித்யாசாகரை கூப்பிடுங்கப்பா.

SoftSword
14th November 2012, 10:17 PM
go read tamilcinema.com & tamil.webdunia.com

u shud find this news on top

sakala... did i say it was a fake news something?? why do u want me to go to those sites and what do u want me to realize??
venki asked for what was there, and i explained what existed and went missing...

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
14th November 2012, 10:20 PM
sakala... did i say it was a fake news something?? why do u want me to go to those sites and what do u want me to realize??
venki asked for what was there, and i explained what existed and went missing...

ss :shock: genuine aa ungalukkum venki kkum antha info pass pannanumu mattum thaan en intention! I tried to PM both of u to send screenshot of my post but the page show error, so i posted the webstie name itself! Was able to send to Anban

and why i included u is, i assumed u read my post partialy so wanted to pass the link to u

SoftSword
14th November 2012, 10:24 PM
no probs sakala...
i only read the lines which u quoted... i normaly don go into the links as thats not permitted in office...
just like u, i hav no clue on wat they mention in the article is right or wrong as i hav not seen the movie too... and neither did i find it very interesting... venki kaettaaru... paattha posta kanom... so i tried briefing him... thats all... just for jutty matter... free vidunga..

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
14th November 2012, 10:27 PM
Ok! neenga tungsten aaitteengaLonnu kavalappatten, nallathu! athumillaama u new maaps vera :) tunsgten pannuvenaa!

VinodKumar's
14th November 2012, 10:31 PM

Yes. Also the placement of the songs. In Gilli all songs were placed at right places also the family comedy scenes in Gilli were rotfl.

VinodKumar's
14th November 2012, 10:32 PM
1st hit for vijay in telugu...,got good response in hydearabad (Andhra Pradesh)

pic from viswanath theatre in hydearabad..!!!

Thanks for sharing the good news powerprince :).

VinodKumar's
14th November 2012, 10:34 PM

விஜய் படத்தில் முன்பெல்லாம் மெலடி பாடல் ஒன்றாவது மிகவும் பிரபலமாகி தமிழ்நாட்டையே வலம் வந்து கொண்டிருக்கும். அந்தக் காலமெல்லாம் மலையேறிவிட்டது. குறைந்த பட்சம் வித்யாசாகரை கூப்பிடுங்கப்பா.

Hope GVP will come up with good numbers for the next movie.

PARAMASHIVAN
14th November 2012, 10:39 PM
YSR would have been a better choice than HJ, I am still addicted to Mankatha BGM/Songs and billa1 songs!

Warden
14th November 2012, 10:39 PM

Kavalan and Kuruvi soundtracks were worse :? I love the other Vijay-VS collabs.
Harris' rerecording here is quite good though.The repeated theme actually elevates many a scene,especially the action set pieces.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
14th November 2012, 10:43 PM
I think Vijay Antony and DSP did great job in Pokkiri & Villu!

VinodKumar's
14th November 2012, 10:46 PM
Kavalan and Kuruvi soundtracks were worse :? I love the other Vijay-VS collabs.
Harris' rerecording here is quite good though.The repeated theme actually elevates many a scene,especially the action set pieces.

Yes I was little scared before the release that he might spoil the movie with his "mouth" BGMs. Thank god. Actually background score is better than songs.

SoftSword
Ok! neenga tungsten aaitteengaLonnu kavalappatten, nallathu! athumillaama u new maaps vera :) tunsgten pannuvenaa!

no tungsten and all... adhu vaera idhu vaera....
its good to see the fans really satisfied by a movie...
i am yet to watch and will do this week...

VinodKumar's
I think Vijay Antony and DSP did great job in Pokkiri & Villu!

Pokkiri - Manisharma.

VA - Vettaikaaran and Velayutham.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
14th November 2012, 10:49 PM
Kuzhalilla Kuzhalilla thaajmahal nizhalu - which film??

Pokkiri too not bad!

But last Vj film with good music shud be vettaikkaaran,

Warden
14th November 2012, 10:51 PM
Yes. Also the placement of the songs. In Gilli all songs were placed at right places also the family comedy scenes in Gilli were rotfl.

True,no lead in scenes and no montages.Chop off all the songs(except Poi Varavaa) and there's no narrative breakage at all.

Perhaps Murugadoss can release a directors cut on home video with no songs,voiceovers or mutings and with the chopped footage intact. Tweet pannungappa :)

SoftSword
14th November 2012, 10:52 PM
thats vijay antony... and that was the last musical hit of vijay...
i posted abt the music and its reception a week back in this thread... now knowing that the movie is good, if the songs were atleast a hit, it will help the movie do much better... bgm is good and all... would not help in running the movie..

19thmay
14th November 2012, 10:56 PM
True about songs, endha paatume actual-la onnum purila :???: [ This is the first time I am listening though ]. Regarding placement of the songs yes ...first 20 minutes-la rendu songs!! Surprisingly his intro song is also not that good. But BGM is ok!

SenGOEk
14th November 2012, 11:08 PM
BreakingViews@BreakingViews4u
Shibu (Thameens) on @AsianetNews - # Thuppaki grossed 1crore + in day 1, 40 lakhs distributor share, enthiran gross was 75 lakhs

selvamohankumar
14th November 2012, 11:50 PM
http://www.moviecrow.com/News/1576/opening-report---thuppaki-opening-is-beerangi

VinodKumar's
15th November 2012, 12:12 AM
thats vijay antony... and that was the last musical hit of vijay...
i posted abt the music and its reception a week back in this thread... now knowing that the movie is good, if the songs were atleast a hit, it will help the movie do much better... bgm is good and all... would not help in running the movie..

that's right but a bad bgm will spoil the movie. Antha vagaila intha vaati ARM theliva irunthurukaaplanu nenaikiraen. He didn't allow HJ to experiment anything I guess. So olunga decent ah vantha theme music-ayae neraya edathula use panni HJ smalaichitaapla :).

VinodKumar's
15th November 2012, 12:14 AM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/21638_517976828214713_1706236168_n.jpg

vithagan
15th November 2012, 12:24 AM
that's right but a bad bgm will spoil the movie. Antha vagaila intha vaati ARM theliva irunthurukaaplanu nenaikiraen. He didn't allow HJ to experiment anything I guess. So olunga decent ah vantha theme music-ayae neraya edathula use panni HJ smalaichitaapla :).

Sila edathula Minnale, Kakha Kakha la vandha BGMsa instruments & tempova maathi vaasichirukaapla.. :)

arulraj
15th November 2012, 12:34 AM
In my view thuppakki is better than ghilli ; becoz it is straight film not a remade one. Vijay's act also improved one , reveting.now vijay is top of kolywood.No one can disagree

VinodKumar's
15th November 2012, 12:52 AM
Sila edathula Minnale, Kakha Kakha la vandha BGMsa instruments & tempova maathi vaasichirukaapla.. :)

Yes he did. I din't expect new BGMs from him. I just wanted him to not use the instruments he used for 7AM. Mattraan la kooda thiridrnu dandanakka poduvaaplayae athu maari yethu poturuntha mathavanga panna work lam veena poirukum. I still feel Yuvan (not considering ARR) would have been a great value addition to Thuppakki. Yean thaan innum HJ va pudichikitae konja directors alayiraangalo.

VinodKumar's
15th November 2012, 12:53 AM
Seems moving rocking in Kerala.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/308834_10151243191322208_1983807851_n.jpg

VinodKumar's
15th November 2012, 12:56 AM
In my view thuppakki is better than ghilli ; becoz it is straight film not a remade one. Vijay's act also improved one , reveting.now vijay is top of kolywood.No one can disagree

When a remake is better than original do not consider it as a remake ;).

ajaybaskar
15th November 2012, 01:00 AM
True. I watched okkadu and it was no where near Ghilli. Similarly Telugu Pokkiri was much better than Tamil version

VinodKumar's
15th November 2012, 01:03 AM
True. I watched okkadu and it was no where near Ghilli. Similarly Telugu Pokkiri was much better than Tamil version

Yes Telugu Pokkiri had more stylish elements than Tamil Pokkiri. Ghilli is far far better than Okkadu in all sections.

Warden
15th November 2012, 01:07 AM
Ippo ethukku ithellam :)
Celebrate Thuppakki for what it is.We're not gonna get anything of its calibre in the near future.

VinodKumar's
15th November 2012, 01:19 AM
:). I have planned the second time on Satruday. 15 days la ooruku vantha udanae first pannura velai Thuppakki paakurathu thaan.

ajaybaskar
15th November 2012, 01:22 AM
Me watching tomorrow morning. Excited. :)

//Yov Softy, kalyanam ayoduchunna solla maatteera? Wishing you many many happy returns of the day :noteeth:

Warden
15th November 2012, 01:30 AM
Tomo night second time.
These huge releases are such dampeners for repeats.Opening 2 weeks'layey 2-3 times paatha thaan undu.
Remember watching Pokkiri,housefull @ main Udhayam after 90+ days.Something that aint gonna happen ever again.

ajaybaskar
15th November 2012, 01:41 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&amp;v=NPTYSph_gWA

svaisn
15th November 2012, 02:12 AM
I am not sure if anyone noticed...He would have used Minsara Kanavu music also during the stunt sequence (saving his sister and other gals)....
Next time note pannunga....

SoftSword
15th November 2012, 02:58 AM
thanks ajay...
thalaivar in sivaaji to vivek: i feel very shy u know...

Mukzi
15th November 2012, 07:35 AM
In chennai currently.everywhere I go.from a tea shop talk to an elder person everyone speaks about THUPPAKI.compared to Sri Lanka,the posters and celebrations are at maximum level....
Amazed by the Masssss.....

paranitharan
15th November 2012, 08:23 AM

Obvious answers all.

:rotfl3:

ajaybaskar
15th November 2012, 08:59 AM
Welcome,Sir. Apdikkaa straight'aah poyi left edutheenganna pinvaasal varum..

ajaybaskar
15th November 2012, 09:03 AM
@sri50: #Thuppakki - Diwali Release day - Nets an astonishing Rs 9.25 Crore approximately from TN. Extraordinary!

ajaybaskar
15th November 2012, 09:08 AM
@sri50: #Thuppakki - Kerala Day 1 - Nets Rs 87 lakhs. Super

ajaybaskar
15th November 2012, 09:11 AM
@sri50: #Thuppakki - Andhra - Good opening, figures not available. The distributor says @ARMurugadoss brand equity & Vijay has worked.

joe
15th November 2012, 09:27 AM
:lol:

SenGOEk
15th November 2012, 09:35 AM
TFU Kannan @TFU_Kannan
#Thuppakki Telugu too has opened to +ve reviews. The film's doing good business in Andhra Pradesh after some pre-release issues.

SenGOEk
15th November 2012, 09:38 AM
In Andhra, word of mouth has been very positive, but publicity needs to be taken care to take it to the next level....

San_K
15th November 2012, 10:39 AM
somebody tell, what is the telu(n)gu title of Thuppaakki?

karthikmba
15th November 2012, 11:08 AM
A.R.Murugadoss ‏@ARMurugadoss
Our thalaivar RAJINI sir called me.. and said "I have seen the film twice now. Fantastic job and a brilliant film" :-) :-) Super Happy...!

Warden
15th November 2012, 11:33 AM
http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/trade/specialfeatures/id/191
:)
Nett 9.25 Cr @ TN.So Indian total including Kerala,Andhra et all should be easily over 12.Thats higher than SOS and over 80% of JTHJ.Impressive :thumbsup:

SenGOEk
15th November 2012, 11:35 AM
Sreedhar Pillai @sri50
4 those asking #Thuppakki Kerala day 1 gross - Rs 1.09 Cr after 20% tax net Rs 87 lakhs. It will b shared as per terms distributor & theater

SenGOEk
15th November 2012, 11:37 AM
Sreedhar Pillai @sri50
4 those asking gross & net collections of #Thuppakki r same , as there is no entertainment tax 4 the film in Tamil Nadu.

hattori_hanzo
15th November 2012, 11:44 AM
Overseas Box Office - By Taran Adarsh

.......Tamil film THUPPAKKI is shining in Overseas, despite the overpowering competition posed by JAB TAK HAI JAAN and SON OF SARDAAR. Excellent!

UK

JAB TAK HAI JAAN Tue £ 1,58,342, Wed £ 1,76,031 from 87 locations. Total: £ 3,34,373 [Rs 2.91 crores]
SON OF SARDAAR Tue £ 28,776, Wed £ 49,439 from 69 locations. Total: £ 78,215 [Rs 68.14 lacs]
THUPPAKKI [Tamil] Early shows £ 61, Tue £ 31,459, Wed £ 24,336 from 23 locations. Total: £ 55,856 [Rs 48.66 lacs]
PODAA PODI [Tamil] Tue £ 3,544, Wed £ 3,720 from 10 locations. Total: £ 7,264 [Rs 6.33 lacs]

AUSTRALIA

JAB TAK HAI JAAN Tue A$ 77,334, Wed A$ 68,242 from 25 locations. Total: A$ 1,45,576 [Rs 82.97 lacs]
SON OF SARDAAR Tue A$ 55,125, Wed A$ 32,093 from 31 locations. Total: A$ 87,218 [Rs 49.71 lacs]
THUPPAKKI [Tamil] Early shows A$ 5,161, Tue A$ 18,326, Wed A$ 8,080 from 5 locations. Total: A$ 31,567 [Rs 17.99 lacs]

VinodKumar's
15th November 2012, 11:45 AM

:rotfl:. Kind of Raiks reply.

paranitharan
15th November 2012, 11:52 AM

Oh angae thaan vijay pans vadai suduvaangalaa?

VinodKumar's
15th November 2012, 11:56 AM
more than box office collection lottu losuku I am happy that some of my frnds pinged me and wished me that Thuppakki is good :notworthy: Some samples ...

"Dei, I did watch thuppakki tonigt... It is good da and after long time your Thala did good job... (Nanban is exceptional so I didn't count it here) https://s-static.ak.facebook.com/images/blank.gif ... Just thought of pass this message to you ..."

"Thanks machi...thuppaki movie super da .you will be happy to watch the movie again & again ..enjoy"

"I liked it. Not a path breaking movie as such. But it was enjoyable and entertaining. Gilli, sachin ku appuram oru nalla vijay padam.except google google, songs laam konjam mokkaiya irunthuchu..not that good numbers.

WOM was good though."

"Thanks. Hope u enjoyed deepavali watching Thupakki;)"

VinodKumar's
15th November 2012, 11:57 AM

Boss oru 6 maasam kalichu vaanga yethavathu vadai micham iruntha podurom nallarukaa illayanu sollunga. Ippo konjam engala free ya irruka vidunga :wave:.

VinodKumar's
15th November 2012, 12:02 PM
Today's paper ad

http://images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/QQAAAL6N_EG4TSviVRH2jlCw82txAOeR8l90_WKBN7B2lSWS24 O3koFw0umhDO1sZuJGWER_BMm_phQ08PDH_HPDdH_cFSH4fbg3 r-9bMzA4l4uUAJtU9VAMg5J9FUz2GysGw_jPQUJ5QivAPg.jpg

SenGOEk
15th November 2012, 12:07 PM

Boss anga than Thuppaki vettri adanchathukau laddu kodukanga...Vaangi sapitu ponga...:wave:

VinodKumar's
15th November 2012, 12:09 PM
http://www.teluguone.com/tmdb/news/Finally-Vijay-Strikes-With-Thuppakki-en-19075c1.html

paranitharan
15th November 2012, 12:12 PM
Boss oru 6 maasam kalichu vaanga yethavathu vadai micham iruntha podurom nallarukaa illayanu sollunga. Ippo konjam engala free ya irruka vidunga :wave:.
Ventha vadayai neengale vaichirunga pinnaadi uthavum

VinodKumar's
15th November 2012, 12:19 PM
Ventha vadayai neengale vaichirunga pinnaadi uthavum

Better luck next time.

SenGOEk
15th November 2012, 12:24 PM
BreakingViews @BreakingViews4u
Thuppaki Tamil nadu Day 1 nett 9.25 crore, Billa 2 was 7.9cr and Maattrraan was 6.75 cr - all from same source

paranitharan
15th November 2012, 12:26 PM
Better luck next time.
I didn't fail. So better luck to u

VinodKumar's
15th November 2012, 12:28 PM

Ippo enna IAS exam ah eluthuninga ?? what do you want sir ???

SenGOEk
15th November 2012, 12:33 PM

Better luck next time sonathu examku illa..aduthu thalaivar padam vara time mean panrom...apom vanga innum neraiya discuss panalam...

CEDYBLUE
15th November 2012, 01:53 PM
:rotfl3:

ARM's response to this piece of masterpeice would be "Pappa thalli poi vilayadu" :)

arulraj
15th November 2012, 01:59 PM
Watched 2nd time..BGM and jayaram comedy also nice. .thalaiva u r in right track...waiting for ajayBOSSkar comments...

CEDYBLUE
15th November 2012, 02:06 PM
A.R.Murugadoss (Twitter): Our thalaivar RAJINI sir called me.. and said "I have seen the film twice now. Fantastic job and a brilliant film" :-) :-) Super Happy...!

SenGOEk
15th November 2012, 04:03 PM
ATMUS Entertainment @ATMUSent
#Thuppakki - usa day 1 $35K, day 2 also $35K, total $70K so far (reported locations only)steady on week days. Waiting for weekend to pick up

SoftSword
15th November 2012, 04:17 PM
thalaivar full vetti pOla...
i think the last movie he saw twice as reported was aadukalam...

uruzalari
15th November 2012, 06:03 PM
http://www.moviecrow.com/News/1584/thuppaki-box-office-collections-day-1

It seems it is the second best opening in Tamil Nadu, next only to Endhiran . Remarkable achievement considering that other movies released on the same day.

PARAMASHIVAN
15th November 2012, 06:37 PM
Remarkable achievement considering that other movies released on the same day.

?? Only pOda pOdi was released on the same day, and Diwali is a holiday, so by default you would get a bigger crowd!

uruzalari
15th November 2012, 06:55 PM
Param,

What logic is this? Even if not huge, Poda Podi would have cretaed atleast a minor impact. And dont forget two huge Hindi movies that released on the same day. And this is not the only huge movie to release on a holiday since Enthiran.

Just an example. If Poda Podi did not release Gun would have released in both Sathyam and Santham ( 2 big screens in a single complex)

PARAMASHIVAN
15th November 2012, 07:00 PM
Param,

What logic is this? Even if not huge, Poda Podi would have cretaed atleast a minor impact. And dont forget two huge Hindi movies that released on the same day. And this is not the only huge movie to release on a holiday since Enthiran.

Ah I was not considering Hindi movies, :) Are they more popular than tamil movies in TN regardless of the actors ? and I dont think Endhiran was released on a public holiday ?

uruzalari
15th November 2012, 07:04 PM
Param,

They are not more popular than tamil movies in TN. But they do have a sizeable impact in multiplexes.
And this is second best to Endhiran. I did not even compare it with Endhiran :) ( I actually did not mean Endhiran. I actually meant that many other big star movies released on holidays after Endhiran was released. Endhiran released on Sep 30 2010 a Thursday (working day)

faithiu11
15th November 2012, 07:08 PM
i think let we stop the comparison and enjoy this movement

PARAMASHIVAN
15th November 2012, 07:14 PM
Param,

They are not more popular than tamil movies in TN. But they do have a sizeable impact in multiplexes.
And this is second best to Endhiran. I did not even compare it with Endhiran :) ( I actually did not mean Endhiran. I actually meant that many other big star movies released on holidays after Endhiran was released. Endhiran released on Sep 30 2010 a Thursday (working day)

OK , I did not realise even Ajay Devgan's movies run in TN :lol2:

faithiu11
15th November 2012, 07:17 PM
superb interview...she talks straight from her heart
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wxvwe6dFuTg&feature=relmfu

faithiu11
15th November 2012, 07:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEFzJCDvZ8s&feature=relmfu

faithiu11
15th November 2012, 07:21 PM
yennada intha pakki innum vaya therakalayaenu parthen
Sudhish Kamath ‏@SudhishKamath
Thuppakki: Superstar successor or not Vijay has taken over from Captain in fighting Pakistan terrorists. Entertaining one way or other! 7/10

SenGOEk
15th November 2012, 07:25 PM
'Tupaaki' attains a positive response from the Telugu audience:

When compared to last year, the Tamil language films, dubbed and released in Telugu could not attain much success this year... even the recent Suriya's 'Brothers' turned out to have...not much response right from the second week after its release...

But, Murugodosss' recent sensation 'Tupaaki' released yesterday, seems to be changing the sentiment... Vijay - Kajal starrer this most stylish flick, that has a message in the story and is most entertaining as well, is grabbing the audience attention... the first day collections of this film are definitely satisfactory... according to the grapevine the crowd to the theaters to watch this film, will tentatively increase this weekend...

Murugodoss's taking stood out to be a highlight and music scores by Harissh Jayraj are entertaining as every time... and to its advantage, there is no other star's film released this festival in T - Town and this makes 'Tupaaki' to attain much more success... Gemini Film Circuit has released this film in Telugu...source andhrawishesh.com

BM
15th November 2012, 07:25 PM
http://www.moviecrow.com/News/1584/thuppaki-box-office-collections-day-1

It seems it is the second best opening in Tamil Nadu, next only to Endhiran . Remarkable achievement considering that other movies released on the same day.

Crow's itseems is not true for Tamil Nadu.

Billa 2 gross in Tamil Nadu on Day 1 - 10.87 Crores

https://twitter.com/sri50/status/224164885746032640

jaaze
15th November 2012, 07:28 PM
Saturday evening :redjump: :bluejump:

rex ah? :roll:

SenGOEk
15th November 2012, 07:31 PM
Thuppaki - Telugu review

http://www.idlebrain.com/movie/archive/mr-tupaki.html

Jeevi rating:3.25/5
Punchline: intelligent play
Genre: Action
Type: Dubbed (Thuppakki in Tamil)
Banner: SVR Media

Cast: Vijay, Kajal Agarwal, Satyan, Jayaram, Vidyut Jamwal etc

Music: Harris Jayraj
Cinematography: Santosh Sivan
Editing: A Sreekar Prasad
Story - screenplay direction: Murugadoss
Producer: Kalaipuli S Thanu
Release date: 13 November 2012
Theater watched: Screen 3, Cinemax Banjara Hills, Hyderabad

Story
Jagadish (Vijay) is a military man who comes to Mumbai on his one month vacation to spend time with his family. A simple search for a stolen purse in a city bus leads to a big terrorist plot. Jagadish realises that things will not be same if police involves in it. He takes the mission of averting bomb blasts in his own hands. He realises that only way to eradicate terrorism is to get to the boss of these sleeper cells and kill him. The rest of the story is all about how he achieves his goal.

Artists Performance
Vijay who is known as a mass hero seem to be putting efforts to get rid of the mass tag. His films Snehitudu (remake of 3 Idiots) and Tupaki are latest examples. His is suave and sophisticated in the role that need brains. He is excellent. Kajal Agarwal is cute just like the way she is in Mr. Perfect film. Jayaram played the role of Vijay’s boss. Satyan who did the ‘Balatkar’ role in Snehitudu has done the role of a cop. He is entertaining. Vidyut Jamwal is exceptionally good as the leader of sleeper cells unit.

Technical department
Story - screenplay - direction: The basic story is about the mind game between a terrorist and a secret agent. Murugadoss comes up with an interesting screenplay that makes you glued to the screen all the time. The interesting aspect in this film is that the hero and villain doesn’t physically meet each other till the climax. And they try to outsmart each other with cold-blooded thinking all the time. To make this film more universal, Murugadoss also added the family angle and romance thread. The romance aspect of the film is also good.

Other departments: Cinematography by Santosh Sivan is of top notch quality. Background music by Harris Jayaraj is good, but tunes for the songs should have been better. Dialogues are neat and editing is crisp. Action sequences' choreography is stylish. This film is made with slick production values.

Analysis
Tupaki is a stylish and slick entertainer. The director has stuck with the main theme and didn’t dilute it for the sake of masala. It is a subject that has pan-India appeal and it’s an intelligent game between two individuals who are working for and against the country. Murugadoss who disappointed us with 7th Sense strikes back with Tupaki. You may watch Tupaki.

CEDYBLUE
15th November 2012, 07:39 PM
OK , I did not realise even Ajay Devgan's movies run in TN :lol2:

Though i would agree that JTJJ and SOS aren't big attractions in other parts of TN, Chennai is still sizeable for Hindi movies and more importantly the ill-timed release by GFC of Poda-Podi has not done both Thuppakki and Poda Podi any good.

otedoric
15th November 2012, 07:39 PM
Watched 3rd time @ AGS NAVALUR- FULL 2.40Pm today...
THUPPAKI - 8 SHOWS
PO - 2 SHOWS

SenGOEk
15th November 2012, 07:43 PM

Movie crow is referring nett collection...

https://twitter.com/sri50/status/268919175098015746

#THUPPAKKI
Diwali Release day - Nets an astonishing Rs 9.25 Crore approximately from TN.
-Extraordinary!

#BILLA 2
Rs 7.61 Cr (approximately) is net after tax on Day 1.
Fantastic.

CEDYBLUE
15th November 2012, 07:45 PM

'It seems' BM might be right here as both the figures are from the same source.

With the weekend staring right in front, Thuppakki is well on its way to breaking Billa 2's overalls in a canter.

SenGOEk
15th November 2012, 07:45 PM
Though i would agree that JTJJ and SOS aren't big attractions in other parts of TN, Chennai is still sizeable for Hindi movies and more importantly the ill-timed release by GFC of Poda-Podi has not done both Thuppakki and Poda Podi any good.

Not only in Chennai, Hindi movies run good in Coimbatore too...

Anban
15th November 2012, 07:51 PM
Movie crow is referring nett collection...

https://twitter.com/sri50/status/268919175098015746

#THUPPAKKI
Diwali Release day - Nets an astonishing Rs 9.25 Crore approximately from TN.
-Extraordinary!

#BILLA 2
Rs 7.61 Cr (approximately) is net after tax on Day 1.
Fantastic.

B2 had to pay thirty percent tax. Hence its gross is 10.6+ cr

CEDYBLUE
15th November 2012, 08:13 PM
B2 had to pay thirty percent tax. Hence its gross is 10.6+ cr

I am hearing this for the first time and i am astonished.
If a 'A' rated movie is going to dump 30% as tax, why do big budget movies like Billa 2 did not make the cut for a 'U' rating. 30% is huge and makes a massive difference.
This is not doing the producer any justice.

SenGOEk
15th November 2012, 08:23 PM
Thuppaki is Screened in all Six Screens of Sathyam Tomorrow Morning special shows!
Remember its not 1st Day but 4th Day of of the release that too week day....

SATHYAM - Seasons| 07:20 am
SATHYAM - Sathyam| 07:45 am
SATHYAM - Serene| 08:00 am
SATHYAM - Santham| 08:50 am
SATHYAM - Studio-5| 09:00 am
SATHYAM - 6Degrees| 09:00 am

Kumaran.P
15th November 2012, 08:32 PM
BreakingViews Via Twitter:
#thuppakki Kerala Gross covered 3 Crores today according to various sources, accurate figure later.... :-) Held up well in 2 working days
http://m.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-h.ak/hphotos-ak-prn1/46253_169659799845603_59279759_n.jpg

Kumaran.P
15th November 2012, 08:33 PM
http://m.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-g.ak/hphotos-ak-snc6/s720x720/197144_518490838163312_1848598735_n.jpg

SenGOEk
15th November 2012, 08:38 PM
#thuppakki Kerala Gross covered 3 Crores today according to various sources, accurate figure later.... :-) Held up well in 2 working days
http://m.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-h.ak/hphotos-ak-prn1/46253_169659799845603_59279759_n.jpg

Speechless with Thalaivar mass image in Kerala too...

CEDYBLUE
15th November 2012, 08:42 PM

Awesome!!!

Kumaran.P
15th November 2012, 08:43 PM
Sometimes i even get jealous over kerala vijay anna fans ennada nammala vida mass kaatraangale nu :grin:
Kerala Fans :notworthy:

Kumaran.P
15th November 2012, 08:45 PM
By the way, saturday than 4th time paakanum!! and will bring my family on sunday :)

arulraj
15th November 2012, 08:46 PM
Where is ajayBOSSkar....... Waiting

Kumaran.P
15th November 2012, 08:48 PM
And Thuppaki - Ghilli - Pokkiri ,
I liked thuppaki much better than pokkiri and enjoyed it as equally as ghilli !!
no doubt as ghilli, thuppaki will also remain as best entertainer of all time forever :)

Kumaran.P
15th November 2012, 08:52 PM
Another Great Scene in the movie!!!!
http://m.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-g.ak/hphotos-ak-snc6/s720x720/263553_292140164239066_2045397989_n.jpg

Kumaran.P
15th November 2012, 08:53 PM
You would have guessed the place :)
http://m.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-e.ak/hphotos-ak-prn1/s720x720/12895_292404974212585_540980659_n.jpg

otedoric
15th November 2012, 08:53 PM
Tough to choose b/w GHILLLI and THUPPAKI
Heart says GHILLLI :)
ALL IS WELL!!!!!!!!

SenGOEk
15th November 2012, 08:58 PM
Ghilli>Thuppaki>Pokkiri

Kumaran.P
15th November 2012, 08:58 PM
A four crore for 'Thuppaki'

Ilayadhalapathi 'Vijay's latest Tamil film 'Thuppaki' is becoming an eye opener for the trade analysts of the state with its surprise initials. The movie which was released in 126 centres across the state is said to accumulate around four crores with its 2-day run, the best ever for a Tamil film in Kerala. The movie started screening in the wee hours of the release day. Special shows kickstarted by 4 am in the capital city while a release centre at Palakkad started it at 5 am. Many of the centres witnessed lathicharges before the ticket counters and were forced to go for a fifth show on the first day which resulted in almost 600 shows in a single day- a record number of screenings for any film in the state. This will make merry for its distributor Thammens who had bagged around 2 crores in two days as distributor share, making it another easy earner for them.
Meanwhile , Actor Vijay is all set to visit the state by the 19th of the month, to see the fans who has given a instant thumps up for his movie. The actor will be visiting the theatres at Calicut this time, where the movie is being screened in three different centres.
Interestingly it was the BigM's Malayalam films that thoroughly lost to the Vijay starrer. In much of the cities Mamootty's 'Jawan of Vellimala' was forced out of theatres while 'lal's Run baby Run' has almost stopped screening in much of the centres.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/hindi/article/88233.html

arulraj
15th November 2012, 09:01 PM
For me Thuppakki >Ghilli >Pokiri

SenGOEk
15th November 2012, 09:04 PM
So again there would be lathicharge in Kerala as Thalaivar visiting Calicut on 19th....:):)

Kumaran.P
15th November 2012, 09:05 PM
@ Bangalore !!!
http://m.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-a.ak/hphotos-ak-snc6/s720x720/189738_458601177519659_2010638252_n.jpg

Kumaran.P
15th November 2012, 09:07 PM
Guess kerala mega stars might soon request not to screen anymore thalaivar films in kerala :lol:

SenGOEk
15th November 2012, 09:08 PM
^^^Theatre not visible...:smokesmirk:

Kumaran.P
15th November 2012, 09:42 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/533540_489140631107575_109173084_o.jpg

Kumaran.P
15th November 2012, 09:51 PM
To Pre-planned -ve reviews in twitter on a day before of movie release :lol:
And, To Kumudham's non s
ense articles and ratings on pre-release of movie :lol2:
And, To few online web sites that wrote derogatory news on pre release of movie,
And , To dummy - kalla thupakkkki team :lol: :lol2:
and to all other "theeya sakthigal" which were trying to stop the movie success and are trying to stop the movie's run now and will try in upcoming days :lol2: !!

http://m.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-g.ak/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/374485_334055426692222_1934175256_n.jpg

INTHA VECHIKA :D :lol2:

CEDYBLUE
15th November 2012, 09:53 PM
Guess kerala mega stars might soon request not to screen anymore thalaivar films in kerala :lol:

Kerala is badly expecting Gen-X after Mohanlal and Mamooty and finding none of their own!

CEDYBLUE
15th November 2012, 09:55 PM
What is funny now is the anti-jerks have suddenly become passionate muslims!!!! This is the latest route to show-off their helplessness. The movie has nothing derogatory and doesn't stereotype anyone. It is just an outright entertainment loved by all.

arulraj
15th November 2012, 10:00 PM
ARM ,SAC and VIJAY asked sorry for unknowingly insult muslims also protest against our BEERANGI also withdrawn....happy antijerks..?

joe
15th November 2012, 10:03 PM
This kerala - Tamil movies - Vijay .. deserves a thesis in socio-political angle .
(illa ..ange nikkurathellam kerala-la settle aana tamils -nnu sollatheenga pls)

Kumaran.P
15th November 2012, 10:03 PM
Yeah that too supported by dummy bun tv nd dmk groups.. since thuppaki was not given bun tv, they can't increase their TRP ratings without vijay anna films.. so they are depromoting the film :lol2:
and anti jerks la padathula enna korai kandupudikanum nu theriyama inthamari kevalama issues panikitu irukanga to stop the movies biggest success ever, haha
ininel namma Intha Local anti jerks kooda la fight pannikitu iruka koodathu!!
We are in different level and range now.. anti jerks la vera polappu thedikanga ba :lol:

ever since 2005 you people have been trying hard and hard to destroy vijay anna lol :P onnum mudila la ,
Vijay may be SINGLE MAN BUT SURROUNDED WITH TRILLIONS OF BATTALIONS LIKE US who will protect him forever :) !!
Blood ennada Bloodu , uyiraye kodupom da enga thalaivarukaga !!!!!!

Kumaran.P
15th November 2012, 10:08 PM
There was nothing insulting muslims!! Infact in climax, they shown muslim army men also, was not that a good thing?

It will become issue only when vijay anna film has something like that!!
It will also become headlines only when vijay anna films has such!

anti jerks poda en chipppsu :lol:

vithagan
15th November 2012, 10:14 PM
Blood ennada Bloodu , uyiraye kodupom da enga thalaivarukaga !!!!!!

//dig Kind request, Padam paarunga enjoy pannunga.. padathoda vetriya kondadunga.. Admire your Hero.. but blood kudukkaren uyira kudukkaren ellam emotional aaga vendaame pls //

ajaybaskar
15th November 2012, 10:15 PM
Finally watched it.. :)

Leave the rest. I am going to watch the movie at least couple of times for the post interval scene. Long times since I've watched such a mass scene in Tamil cinema. Pullarippo pullarippu. Especially, Vijay's body language through out the sequence and the way in which it started. Whole theatre was roaring. If the sequence had extended one minute further, I would've slit the throat of the person who was sitting next to me. If this scene was for showcasing the mass factor, the pre interval scene was for the execution. Tremendous homework has gone behind. Great work ARM :handshake:

Vijay - WOW. Idhathaane sir ivlo naala edhirpaarthom? Be a director's actor. And they will carry you to the top. Not a single moment of drop in energy levels. It was hard to believe that the man doesn't know hindi. And ARM made him underplay. Thats the biggest plus. Vijay showed that action is not about flaunting six packs and shouting at the highest of decibel levels. This should be the best of Vijay in terms of performance. Hope this film takes him to the next level. It will..

Will continue..

joe
15th November 2012, 10:17 PM
Ajay Thampi,
appo intha weekend paakalam-nnu sollureengaLa? :)

joe
15th November 2012, 10:19 PM
bun tv nd dmk groups..
Can you explain what is this DMK thingi ? Pls don't tell that Sun Tv is DMK ..athellam antha kaalam.

CEDYBLUE
15th November 2012, 10:20 PM

Leave the rest. I am going to watch the movie at least couple of times for the post interval scene.

I guess you meant the pre-interval one!!!

Vijay - WOW. Idhathaane sir ivlo naala edhirpaarthom? Be a director's actor.

Well Said Ajay!!Thats exactly what he needs to do!

Hope this film takes him to the next level. It will..

Thats the spirit!!!

Anban
15th November 2012, 10:23 PM
This kerala - Tamil movies - Vijay .. deserves a thesis in socio-political angle .
(illa ..ange nikkurathellam kerala-la settle aana tamils -nnu sollatheenga pls)

Strong appetite for masala movies caused by overdose of subdued malayalam movies.

Also, Tamil movies are not having extended run like their movies. Tamil movies might make opening records. But still overall collection records easily with Malayalam movies only.

Kumaran.P
15th November 2012, 10:25 PM

Leave the rest. I am going to watch the movie at least couple of times for the post interval scene. Long times since I've watched such a mass scene in Tamil cinema. Pullarippo pullarippu. Especially, Vijay's body language through out the sequence and the way in which it started. Whole theatre was roaring. If the sequence had extended one minute further, I would've slit the throat of the person who was sitting next to me. If this scene was for showcasing the mass factor, the pre interval scene was for the execution. Tremendous homework has gone behind. Great work ARM :handshake:

Vijay - WOW. Idhathaane sir ivlo naala edhirpaarthom? Be a director's actor. And they will carry you to the top. Not a single moment of drop in energy levels. It was hard to believe that the man doesn't know hindi. And ARM made him underplay. Thats the biggest plus. Vijay showed that action is not about flaunting six packs and shouting at the highest of decibel levels. This should be the best of Vijay in terms of performance. Hope this film takes him to the next level. It will..

Will continue..
super review AJAY sir :claps: !!

ajaybaskar
15th November 2012, 10:26 PM
Joe Anne,

Vijay is that kind of hero who is better in things which the Malayalam heroes lack. Moreover, he understood that he has a loyal fan base in Kerala and he was intelligent enough to promote his movies there by visiting the state often. Even though the revenue from Kerala is nothing when compared to that of TN (TN opening day nett is 10 C and Kerala is 87 L), being strong in another frontier will definitely help the actor in the long run.

joe
15th November 2012, 10:27 PM
Also, Tamil movies are not having extended run like their movies. Tamil movies might make opening records. But still overall collection records easily with Malayalam movies only.

By any scale , it is huge ..not to forget , it is not dubbed ..just the direct Tamil movies ..getting these much response ..especially among youths ..defenitely malayalam superstars should have strong feeling .

VinodKumar's
15th November 2012, 10:29 PM
Ajay, where did you watch ? All over here very positive response for the movie. Witnessing it first time in US :cry::lol:.

CEDYBLUE
15th November 2012, 10:30 PM
By any scale , it is huge ..not to forget , it is not dubbed ..just the direct Tamil movies ..getting these much response ..especially among youths ..defenitely malayalam superstars should have strong feeling .

So true and Yes it is only a matter of time before the bigwigs of malayalam film industry raise their concern

CEDYBLUE
15th November 2012, 10:32 PM
Joe Anne,

Vijay is that kind of hero who is better in things which the Malayalam heroes lack. Moreover, he understood that he has a loyal fan base in Kerala and he was intelligent enough to promote his movies there by visiting the state often. Even though the revenue from Kerala is nothing when compared to that of TN (TN opening day nett is 10 C and Kerala is 87 L), being strong in another frontier will definitely help the actor in the long run.

Ajay there is a news floating around today that Thuppakki has crossed 3 Crores in the last 3 days in Kerala. With the weekend to follow, I think Kerala might turn out to be a significant gain.

Kumaran.P
15th November 2012, 10:32 PM
//Hi joe sir :) sorry if that hurted any of your feelings..
Bun tv - if u notice clearly, last few films of vijay were not sold for them.. it maybe because vijay anna avoids them or for any other reason.. So they are involving in depromoting the film..
and regarding dmk , you know the issue we had during kavalan and ever since that issue, dmk definately have some rough thoughts over vijay so whenever any problems against vijay come they will also join behind it.......//

ajaybaskar
15th November 2012, 10:33 PM

Yes. Shakeela padam odunadhukke avanga konjam aadipoyittanga. Ippo other language heroes managing a sizeable market wouldve definitely caught their eyes. The threat is only getting bigger by the day with the increase in screens for Tamil films there. Innoru pakkuthulerndhu Allu Arjun vera arms murukki kaatturaaru. Enna panna poraaingannu theriyala..

CEDYBLUE
15th November 2012, 10:33 PM
Ajay, where did you watch ? All over here very positive response for the movie. Witnessing it first time in US :cry::lol:.

Why? :) mixed feelings??

joe
15th November 2012, 10:35 PM
Joe Anne,

I see .. understood the difference .. the blumby malayalam heroes lacks that youthness , fitness , dancing skills ..which present kerala youth may compare with tamil heroes and attracted .. Tamil being a closet language , they don't have much problem in understanding the direct movies .. Overall i can see the tamil movies , songs domination in kerala .. even TV programmes are much evident . One side they call Tamils and pandis and looks down and other side much influenced by Tamil and Tamil stars .. something going on in kerala :)

VinodKumar's
15th November 2012, 10:36 PM
Why? :) mixed feelings??

Aanadakaneer and athukaaga siripu. No mixed feelings. Witnessing it first time for Vijay movie in last 4 years. Thanks to Thalaivar and the team.

ajaybaskar
15th November 2012, 10:36 PM

Dubai Deira City Center 10.15 AM show and Golden Cinemas 4.30 PM show. Watched it with 50% Tamil Audience and 49.99% Mallu audience (Saw one native Arabi roaming around inside the hall)

CEDYBLUE
15th November 2012, 10:37 PM
Yes. Shakeela padam odunadhukke avanga konjam aadipoyittanga. Ippo other language heroes managing a sizeable market wouldve definitely caught their eyes. The threat is only getting bigger by the day with the increase in screens for Tamil films there. Innoru pakkuthulerndhu Allu Arjun vera arms murukki kaatturaaru. Enna panna poraaingannu theriyala..

:lol: yes Lalettan led the revolt against Shakeela!!

joe
15th November 2012, 10:37 PM
Kumaran,
No worries ..Regarding bun TV , i have no say ..But ..DMK ..i believe they have better things to worry about .. Anyway , leave it :)

CEDYBLUE
15th November 2012, 10:38 PM
Aanadakaneer and athukaaga siripu. No mixed feelings. Witnessing it first time for Vijay movie in last 4 years. Thanks to Thalaivar and the team.

Cool!!

VinodKumar's
15th November 2012, 10:42 PM
Dubai Deira City Center 10.15 AM show and Golden Cinemas 4.30 PM show. Watched it with 50% Tamil Audience and 49.99% Mallu audience (Saw one native Arabi roaming around inside the hall)

Super.