PDA

View Full Version : Hariyudan Naan

venkkiram
9th February 2011, 04:12 AM
"ஹரியுடன் நான்" கடந்த இரு மாத நிகழ்ச்சிகளை இப்போது கண்டுகளித்து வருகிறேன். நடுவர்கள் செய்யும் பாரபட்ச அணுகுமுறையைப் பார்க்கும் போது ஏர்டெல் சூப்பர் சிங்கர் போல இதுவும் அரசியல் சந்தையாகி விடுமோன்னு தோணுது.

Roshan
9th February 2011, 10:51 AM
I have started watching it only now after they selected the top 8. And I also had some doubts about the judging but last 2 weeks were excellent and judges did a great job, especially last week. Except for the comments on Gopalakrishnan (he is being favoured by James and Hari but Sharath is doing a good job there), I felt it was accurate (naan nenechathum - judges sonnathum 100% match aachu :P) Favouritism kandippaa irukku (for Gopalakrishnan and Lakshmi in particular) - but still 100 times better than Airtel Super Singer. Since I have no idea about the people who had got eliminated - I am unable to talk more on the judges. There was this guy named Vikram who is a very talented person. I was surprised to see him out of top 8 and instead to see the likes of Bhargavi who is just ordinary. But fortunately she was the first to get eliminated from the top 8 (Vijay Athiraj's comments when she got eliminated confirmed as to why she was dragged up to top 8.. namma janangaL :sigh: ) . Nancy is also not very good but she is still there (and i heard she is a relative of some one prominent in the production team). Vijay Athiraj romba scene pOduraar and all contestants should be coached properly to take the comments in a positive way. Negative'a yaethum sonnaa moonjiya thonga pOttukuraanga and it looks very unpleasant and it irritates the viewers.

Nerd
9th February 2011, 07:09 PM
Been a regular watcher (after top 20 I think). The judging is excellent but could not match the standards of mallu channels, which is understandable. But million times better than any thamizh reality show. And the judges are hilarious too, supremely entertaining. And I for one think the contestants are far from being playback singers. Most of them are ordinary. I like Nancy's voice though. I think she is Subashree's sister or something but I think she will be eliminated this week so thats OK I guess. And I think there is some favoritism (Lakshmi, Niranjan (I can't stand him) and Ravi). I would be happy if Sharanya wins it.

Roshan
9th February 2011, 09:47 PM
Ravi is technically very good. Hardly any flaws. He lacks the feel. Nancy is a typical light music troop singer, her singing is basically through experience and not through skills/talent. Niranjan is passable but not as great as judges project. Gopalakrishnan makes quite a bit of mistakes with pitching and tempo (tempo is always a problem but not highlighted by the judges). I dont want to talk about Lakshmi - I am just unable to stand her. She is an obvious pet of Hariharan. Bhargavi ellaam top 8-ku vanthathu only through favouritism. As of now my picks are, Saranya, Ravi and Karthik. I like Karthik's attitude, feel and style. He tries to do something different and he did really well with that Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan song last week. What ever said much much better than Airtel Super Singer. As Nerd said judges are really entertaining and it's just lovely to see Hariharan singing few lines of all teh songs the contestants sing. And I also agree that contestants are far from being play back singers.

Wibha
9th February 2011, 11:17 PM
I love this show. I personally don't think sharanya and Lakshmi are that good. Sharanya screams a lot but always gets by :x. Karthik and Ravi and niranjan are my favorites :)

I feel there's favoritism with lakshmi and Sharanya. I hope Karthik will win it, but lately he's not been performing too well :(

V_S
10th February 2011, 03:42 AM
I dont want to talk about Lakshmi - I am just unable to stand her.
+1
She has music knowledge, but just that. Last week did you see her performance?. What a graceful song that was (chinna chinna aasai), and she totally spoiled it (mostly those fast songs, she just reads it), no elegance and excellently pointed out by judges. Her falseto is just intolerable. Sharanya, on the other hand does not possess musical skills (I mean didn't learn much classical) as Lakshmi, but her performance is way too good (except at higher octaves her voice becomes 'screach') atleast she brings the feel to the song unlike any other contestants and she is versatile too. I too vote for Sharanya. About judges, yes Venkkiram, they were little partial otherwise many from these 8 would not have made it at all. And overall, all these contestants performance is in the mediocre range, inspite Hariji giving lot of tips and training. Very gifted, but not utilizing the opportunities. Even younger singers sing better than them.

Good thread Venkkiram!

Roshan
10th February 2011, 10:56 AM
>> And overall, all these contestants performance is in the mediocre range, inspite Hariji giving lot of tips and training. Very gifted, but not utilizing the opportunities. Even younger singers sing better than them. >>

Very true ! I noticed that most of them are unable to catch certain very simple plans/sangathis when the judges sing for them and ask them to repeat. Gopalakrishnan is worst among all. Sharath repeated a simple note many times of nilavae ennidam nerungaathae but Gopalakrishnan could not get it right even once, despite several attempts. This is the case with all except Ravi. Ravi is technically very good.

V_S
10th February 2011, 09:19 PM
Yes, Ravi has got a very good talent overall among everyone. I prefer either Ravi or Sharanya to win (if at all Hariji selects only one and not five). Ravi can reproduce what judges tell. But somehow, he concentrates more on the notes, sangathis rather than the mood/soul of the song, which makes him ordinary sometimes. Last week 'My favorites' round, he was given a PBS number, which he sang as if it is a pathos song. If he improves on those aspects, he can do better. May be he is concentrating more on composing skills rather than singing skills.

Karthik on the other hand has good grasping skills, I was amazed when he repeated the swaras sung by Aruna Sairam in Carnatic round. But he has problem with the range especially lower octaves (even Niranjan has the same problem) . Also he prefers to sing (and also sings well) only particular style mostly peppy, trendy songs, which makes him less versatile.

Nerd
10th February 2011, 09:32 PM
Ravi's so-called improvization and the annoying pauses while singing puts me off. Especially when he does add something extra for Raja sir songs. What a show off. :twisted:

Apart from the judging (judge's comments) another reason why I like this programme is for the choice of songs, mostly chosen by Subashree. Simply superb.

Roshan
10th February 2011, 10:38 PM
Last week 'My favorites' round, he was given a PBS number, which he sang as if it is a pathos song. If he improves on those aspects, he can do better. May be he is concentrating more on composing skills rather than singing skills.

He was given 'Yaar antha nilavu" - a TMS song not PBS. That was a mistake by Hariharan. He paid very good attention to every person's strengths and weaknesses and selected the songs accordingly but he missed that with Ravi. That song will not suit any one. If at all there's someone to do justice to it , it can be only SPB not any one else. Good choice of song but badly misplaced. As James said, though it is a sad song TMS would have sung with some kind of majesty that would suit Nadigar Thilagam and that was completely nil in Ravi's rendition. But again it was clean singing in terms of other aspects.

Karthik on the other hand has good grasping skills, I was amazed when he repeated the swaras sung by Aruna Sairam in Carnatic round. But he has problem with the range especially lower octaves (even Niranjan has the same problem) . Also he prefers to sing (and also sings well) only particular style mostly peppy, trendy songs, which makes him less versatile.

Agree and I was literrally shocked when he sang Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan song from the movie Bandit Queen. I thought he would sing a very popular/trendy number in Hindi. Generally it is James who target Karthik a lot in giving negative comments but James himself said hats off for this particular rendition. Karthik was too good.

venkkiram
10th February 2011, 10:55 PM
ஹரியுடன் நான் பற்றிய உங்களது பார்வைகளுக்கு நன்றி. ஒரு சில பாடகர்களிடம் இவர்கள் காட்டும் பாரபட்சத்தைத் தவிர இந்த நிகழ்ச்சி பல விஷயங்களில் முன்னோடியாக இருக்கிறது . ஹரி ,ஜேம்ஸ் மற்றும் சரத் . மூவருமே ஒவ்வொருவருக்கும் தோணும் விஷயத்தை துணிச்சலாக முன்வைப்பது . அதிலும் சரத் ..மிகவும் கெட்டிக்காரர். தெளிவா கவனிக்கிறார். அவரிடம் உள்ள மிகப்பெரிய Plus ததும்பி வழியும் நகைச்சுவை உணர்வுதான் . விழுந்து விழுந்து சிரிக்க வைத்து விடுவார் பல நேரங்களில். ஆனால் இந்த முவரும் வழ வழாவென ஒற்றுமையாக இருப்பது லட்சுமி பாடும் போதுதான் . அதுதான் பொறுமையை சோதிக்கிறது. லட்சுமி கர்நாடக சங்கீத பாடல்களில் ரொம்ப நல்லா பாடுவா என்பதே ஒரு மாயை . ஜீவனே இல்லாமல் கத்தி கத்திப் பாடுவதெல்லாம் ஒரு பாடலா? சிங்கார வேலனே பாடல் அல்கா பாடியதிற்கும் லட்சுமி பாடியதற்கும் ஒப்பீடு செய்து கொள்ளுங்கள் . கால் பங்கிற்கு கூட தேற மாட்டார் லட்சுமி. இவர் பாடும்போது ஜேம்ஸ் எப்போதும் வழிவது சகிக்கல. மென்மையான காதல் பாடல் சுற்றில் ஹரிணி "தண்ணீரைக் காதலிக்கும் " பாடினால் நடுவர்கள் எல்லோரும் "இது விரக தாபப் பாடல் , இதை ஏன் எடுத்தாய் என கேள்வி மேல கேள்வி கேட்டு நிராகரிப்பது . ஆனால் அதைவிட படு விரகதாபப் பாடலான "ஹாய் ராமா " பாடலை லட்சுமி பாடினால் அதைப் பெரிதாக புறம் சொல்லுவதில்லை . நீங்க எல்லாரும் சொன்னமாதிரி சரண்யாவிற்கு நல்ல வாய்ப்பு இருக்கிறது அடுத்தடுத்த இடங்களுக்கு முன்னேற . பன்முகத் தன்மையில் சகப் போட்டியாளர்களை எளிதாக முந்துகிறார் . நிரஞ்சன் பாடிய தைய தையா பாடலில் சரண்யாவின் குரல் ஒரு பானை சோறு பதம் . வேற்று மொழிப் பாடல் சுற்றில் அவர் பாடிய "விழியிலே " பாடல் ரொம்ப நல்லா இருந்தது . எனது தேர்வுகள் சரண்யா , கார்த்திக், கோபால் , ரவி , ஹரிணி, நிரஞ்சன்,

Roshan
10th February 2011, 11:52 PM
I dont know who is Harini. Gopal'kum favouritism nallaavae irukku - poongkaatrilae song nallavae paadala, he missed on the tempo and also on breathing. Adha paththi ethuvumae sollaama moonu paerum - rendu sentence'la nallaa irukkunu mudichaanga. Even yaethi yeathi song was dragging a lot due to tempo problem but Hariharan pattum padaamayum sonnaar. James went gaga over his nilavae ennidam nerungaathae song - which again was not up to the mark. But Sharath pirichu mEnjittaar and James had nothing to say after that. For poongkaatrilae song, I was disappointed with Sharath too. It is he who picks on Gopal and points his mistakes out very well but this time even he didn't. Sharath is my favourite too. Once he said to Gopal "nee ennathaan muyaRchi paNNaalum, intha south indian carnadaga sangeetham appappO vanthu anga inga ninnu thaandavam aaduthu. Carnatic thaevaiyE illa.. adha vittu thaLLu" - the way he said, I was ROTFL.

venkkiram
10th February 2011, 11:58 PM
இஞ்சிக்குடி சுப்ரமணியனின் நாதஸ்வர இசையை கேட்டிருப்பீர்கள் என நினைக்கிறேன் . அமுதே தமிழே , சிங்கார வேலனே மற்றும் லதா மங்கேஷ்கரின் மீரா பஜன் என கலக்கிவிட்டார். நாதஸ்வரத்தை ஷெனாய் போன்று மென்மையா வாசிப்பதில் கெட்டிக்காரர். ஹரியுடன் இவர் ஒரு Ghazal album செய்யணும் என்பது என் அவா.

Roshan
11th February 2011, 12:03 AM
இஞ்சிக்குடி சுப்ரமணியனின் நாதஸ்வர இசையை கேட்டிருப்பீர்கள் என நினைக்கிறேன் . அமுதே தமிழே , சிங்கார வேலனே மற்றும் லதா மங்கேஷ்கரின் மீரா பஜன் என கலக்கிவிட்டார். நாதஸ்வரத்தை ஷெனாய் போன்று மென்மையா வாசிப்பதில் கெட்டிக்காரர். ஹரியுடன் இவர் ஒரு Ghazal album செய்யணும் என்பது என் அவா.

romba nallaa vaashichaar :)

V_S
11th February 2011, 12:21 AM
ஆனால் இந்த முவரும் வழ வழாவென ஒற்றுமையாக இருப்பது லட்சுமி பாடும் போதுதான் . அதுதான் பொறுமையை சோதிக்கிறது. லட்சுமி கர்நாடக சங்கீத பாடல்களில் ரொம்ப நல்லா பாடுவா என்பதே ஒரு மாயை . ஜீவனே இல்லாமல் கத்தி கத்திப் பாடுவதெல்லாம் ஒரு பாடலா? சிங்கார வேலனே பாடல் அல்கா பாடியதிற்கும் லட்சுமி பாடியதற்கும் ஒப்பீடு செய்து கொள்ளுங்கள் . கால் பங்கிற்கு கூட தேற மாட்டார் லட்சுமி. இவர் பாடும்போது ஜேம்ஸ் எப்போதும் வழிவது சகிக்கல. மென்மையான காதல் பாடல் சுற்றில் ஹரிணி "தண்ணீரைக் காதலிக்கும் " பாடினால் நடுவர்கள் எல்லோரும் "இது விரக தாபப் பாடல் , இதை ஏன் எடுத்தாய் என கேள்வி மேல கேள்வி கேட்டு நிராகரிப்பது . ஆனால் அதைவிட படு விரகதாபப் பாடலான "ஹாய் ராமா " பாடலை லட்சுமி பாடினால் அதைப் பெரிதாக புறம் சொல்லுவதில்லை.
Totally agree! My only fear is she might even win the competition with these vazhisals :oops: She definitely does not belong to top 8.

Once he said to Gopal "nee ennathaan muyaRchi paNNaalum, intha south indian carnadaga sangeetham appappO vanthu anga inga ninnu thaandavam aaduthu. Carnatic thaevaiyE illa.. adha vittu thaLLu" - the way he said, I was ROTFL. Sometimes he complicates too much for a song that has to be sung simply. Also his voice does not suit for soft numbers eventhough he tries hard. But he is a good singer.
Thanks Roshan for correcting me on the TMS song.

Somehow I think for this show, unfortunately they didn't get right people right from the start. I was expecting someone like Raginisri (who sang thesulavuthe), Ravi (another Ravi who sang 'Udaya Udaya', 'Oru Naal Pothuma' in Vijay TV competitions). I don't know why they did not participate.

Because if you take a similar competition in north, by this time (last 8), you would easily admire their talent without any second thought and it would be difficult to pick the winner, as everyone would have sung amazingly well. That's why they are singing in films at their very early age (best examples: Shreya, Anwesha). Here I don't see it happening. We are definitely missing something.

venkkiram
11th February 2011, 12:24 AM
Apart from the judging (judge's comments) another reason why I like this programme is for the choice of songs, mostly chosen by Subashree. Simply superb. ஆனால் பல முக்கியமான சுற்றுக்களில் பிரபலமே ஆகாத பாடல்களையெல்லாம் பாடி நடுவர்கள் "ஏன் இந்தப் பாடலை தீர்வு செய்தாய் ?" எனக் கடுமையாக விமர்சிக்கும் போது எங்கேயோ இடிக்குது . சில நேரங்களில் புரியாத புதிராகவும் இருக்கிறது . The song which karthik chosen for "multi language" round is simply intolerable. how on earth he can chose that kind of song that too during this kind of level. Not sure how far Subashree involved in this.

Roshan
11th February 2011, 12:46 AM
ஆனால் பல முக்கியமான சுற்றுக்களில் பிரபலமே ஆகாத பாடல்களையெல்லாம் பாடி நடுவர்கள் "ஏன் இந்தப் பாடலை தீர்வு செய்தாய் ?" எனக் கடுமையாக விமர்சிக்கும் போது எங்கேயோ இடிக்குது . சில நேரங்களில் புரியாத புதிராகவும் இருக்கிறது . The song which karthik chosen for "multi language" round is simply intolerable. how on earth he can chose that kind of song that too during this kind of level. Not sure how far Subashree involved in this.

Yeah naanae ippO oru one month'a thaan paakkuRaen - and I have noticed a few times judges asking what song is this, from which movie and also saying that the choice of the song is not good. I think you are referring to that Something Something movie song Karthik sang. That was a very bad choice and that too at this level. I was expecting him to sing an ARR song and sizzle the stage but he disappointed me thoroughly. Nevertheless the Fateh Ali Khan song was too good and made me not to think much of his 2nd performance.

Roshan
11th February 2011, 12:51 AM
Totally agree! My only fear is she might even win the competition with these vazhisals :oops: She definitely does not belong to top 8.

I fear the same. I got really fed up with these reality musical shows after learning all the politics that happened in Vijay TV and gave up watching them. IppO maRupadiyum konjam interest vanthirukku - muzhusaa veRukka vechiruvaangaLoannu tension'a irukku.

And I agree that they didnt get the right people for this show. If they maintain the standard in this season and go for a 2nd season, chances are high for them to get some very good contestans. And I also agree about the north indian thing. Something is surely missing with south. In Sharath words "yaethO kOkku maakkaa irukku".

venkkiram
11th February 2011, 12:55 AM
romba nallaa vaashichaar :)

ஒரே ஊர்க்காரர் . சிறுவயது முதலே பழக்கம். பள்ளிப் பருவத்தில் ஒவ்வொரு திருமண விழாவிலும் இவர் பாடும் சினிமாப் பாடல்களை கேட்பதில் அலாதிப் பிரியம் . லால்குடி ஜெயராமன் இசையமைத்த சிருங்காரம் படப் பாடல்களில் இவரின் மல்லாரிப் பாடலும் உண்டு . கடுமையான மல்லாரியை எல்லாம் பின்னி பெடலெடுப்பார் சுப்பிரமணியன் . கலைமாமணி விருது பெற்றவர். ராஜா , ரஹ்மான்களோடு இவர் சேர்ந்து பணியாற்றணும்.

அவர் கச்சேரியை பார்க்கும் வாய்ப்பிருந்தால் கண்டிப்பாக செல்லுங்கள்.

V_S
11th February 2011, 01:06 AM
Good to know Venki! What a great talent he has. Added to that, he was so humble and always smiling which I liked more. Me too wishing him to be recognized.

Nerd
11th February 2011, 01:17 AM
ஆனால் பல முக்கியமான சுற்றுக்களில் பிரபலமே ஆகாத பாடல்களையெல்லாம் பாடி நடுவர்கள் "ஏன் இந்தப் பாடலை தீர்வு செய்தாய் ?" எனக் கடுமையாக விமர்சிக்கும் போது எங்கேயோ இடிக்குது . சில நேரங்களில் புரியாத புதிராகவும் இருக்கிறது . The song which karthik chosen for "multi language" round is simply intolerable. how on earth he can chose that kind of song that too during this kind of level. Not sure how far Subashree involved in this.
True, sometimes they do mess up (they choose their own songs too sometimes). But where else do you hear beauties like vizhiyilE mani vizhiyin (100th day), mullai malar mElE (Uthamaputhiran), Athimarapoovithu (Saathanai), pollAtha madhana baanam (Hey Raam) etc.

Roshan
11th February 2011, 01:57 AM
Vizhiyilae and mullai malar maelae I have seen contestants singing on Vijay. pollaatha madhana baanam was for Qawwali round I think - since there are few choices chances were high for the song to get picked. Yaarum idhuvaraikkum Qawwali round vechathilla - that was something different.

Roshan
11th February 2011, 02:00 AM
ஒரே ஊர்க்காரர் . சிறுவயது முதலே பழக்கம். பள்ளிப் பருவத்தில் ஒவ்வொரு திருமண விழாவிலும் இவர் பாடும் சினிமாப் பாடல்களை கேட்பதில் அலாதிப் பிரியம் . லால்குடி ஜெயராமன் இசையமைத்த சிருங்காரம் படப் பாடல்களில் இவரின் மல்லாரிப் பாடலும் உண்டு . கடுமையான மல்லாரியை எல்லாம் பின்னி பெடலெடுப்பார் சுப்பிரமணியன் . கலைமாமணி விருது பெற்றவர். ராஜா , ரஹ்மான்களோடு இவர் சேர்ந்து பணியாற்றணும்.

அவர் கச்சேரியை பார்க்கும் வாய்ப்பிருந்தால் கண்டிப்பாக செல்லுங்கள்.

Good to know that Venki :)

venkkiram
11th February 2011, 09:34 AM
True, sometimes they do mess up (they choose their own songs too sometimes). But where else do you hear beauties like vizhiyilE mani vizhiyin (100th day), mullai malar mElE (Uthamaputhiran), Athimarapoovithu (Saathanai), pollAtha madhana baanam (Hey Raam) etc. நீங்க சொல்றதும் சரி. அத்திமரப் பூவிது பாடலை நான்சி அருமையாக Rendition செய்ததை மறக்க முடியுமா? இந்த "ஹரியுடன் நான்" நிகழ்ச்சி முடிந்தாலும் கடைசியில் நான் என் கூடவே எடுத்துச் செல்லும் பாடல்களில் கண்டிப்பாக "அத்திமரப் பூவிது" இடம் பிடிக்கும். அப்புறம் வெங்கட் அருமையாக பாடிய "நாகூர் பக்கத்துல" பாடலும் உண்டு.

venkkiram
11th February 2011, 08:31 PM
ஆரம்ப சுற்றுக்களில் கார்த்திக் பாடிய "கான மழை போலே" என்ற "இது நம்ம பூமி" பாடலையும் சேர்த்துக்கொள்ளலாம் . நல்லதொரு rendition.

V_S
11th February 2011, 09:09 PM
Just now ended up watching the show. Ravishankar's performance brilliant ever. Pinnittaan! That too a very difficult song 'Amudhum Thenum Etharkku'. Sarathji even offered him a singing chance.
Everybody, especially Sudha Ragunathan was amazed by his performance. Good show. On the other hand, Saranya's weekness got exposed. She could not even repeat the sangathis, which is very sad. Lakshmi performance is just so so. Niranjan also pulled it off brilliantly by another brilliant IR song 'Sridevi En Vaazhvil'. Overall good round so far.

Roshan
12th February 2011, 12:23 PM
Ravi pinni pedeleduthufied with Amudhum Thaenum Etharkku - Sharath said he has already offered him a chance in the movie 180, but Ravi has sung only a few lines .. (he said "adha avan 5 nimishathula paadittaan) but he would very soon offer him a good full length song :clap:

Saranya was bad..Very poor performance.. she gets out of my list of top 3.. (and why does she looks like pEi adhichufied when judges are giving comments.. oru maathiri abnormalaa moonja vechutta irukku - it looks really odd)

Lakshmi - also very ordinary performance with vocie cracking many times.. it is a PS song but antha inimaiyE illaama a very careless performance IMO but again the judges tried their best to cover her up. James vazhinjufied a lot and was hyping her even before she started singing :evil:

Niranjan - managed it well.

EnakkennavO winner Lakshmi thAnnu thOnuthu.. arasiyal arasiyal :sigh:

Roshan
12th February 2011, 09:06 PM
I am unable to watch the show tonight. No Dish TV reception today due to heavy snowing :( I hope none of the guys gets eliminated , but looks like they always try to have a gender balance (irrespective of the talent) and tonight I think a guy may have to go. Hope it's not Karthik :( (James is Karthik's biggest enemy)

venkkiram
12th February 2011, 10:22 PM
முன்பு அருணா சாய்ராம், அடுத்தது சுதா ரகுநாதன் .. அப்படியே எல்லோரையும் அழைச்சிட்டு வந்திருங்க. அப்புறம் ஜெயிக்கிறவர் சினிமாவில் பாட மாட்டார். எங்கேயாவது ஒரு சபாவுல பாடிகிட்டு இருப்பார். காலையில முழிச்சி இரவு தூங்கும் வரை இப்படியே சங்கதி, பிருகான்னு சொல்லிக்கிட்டு இருந்தால் வெளங்கிடும்.

V_S
12th February 2011, 11:40 PM
:lol: En sir ivvalu aadhangam. Let us hope for the best. Mostly in films they always look for a talent outside, even if there is a talent available locally, that's the heritage in India (every state). We cannot help. Let us hope they get recognized atleast outside.

Roshan, I think Lakshmi's chances are bit difficult from now (unless there is politics as you said), as her weakness was also exposed yesterday. Did you observe when she sang those lower swaras, there is no strength/force as Sudha Rghunathan said. Similarly in higher octaves. But I don't know why James is praising her unnecessarily. That too yesterday, even before her performance he was asking, if that was her home turf (sangathi round). Even she was not confident, why do you want to give unnecessary credit?. That showed in the song as well. These are the kind of remarks makes us think in political angle.
Ravi should win far and straight from now on and I feel boys have better chance this time, as they are better singers, assuming no other political twist happens.

venkkiram
13th February 2011, 12:25 AM
:lol: En sir ivvalu aadhangam. Let us hope for the best. Mostly in films they always look for a talent outside, even if there is a talent available locally, that's the heritage in India (every state). We cannot help. Let us hope they get recognized atleast outside. அப்படியெல்லாம் ஒண்ணும் இல்லீங். வட இந்திய தொலைக் காட்சிகளில் இப்படி இலக்கணம் பேசிக்கிட்டே இருப்பது அல்ல. சுருதி, நல்ல வீச்சு,ஜீவன் இவைகளுக்கு மட்டுமே பெரிதும் முக்கியத்துவம் கொடுக்கிறார்கள். ஷாகுல் ஹமிது, பென்னி தயாள் போன்ற பாடகர்கள் எல்லாம் கர்நாடக சங்கீதத்தில் பெரிதாக பயிற்சி எடுத்து வந்தது போலத் தெரியவில்லை. ஆனால் மெல்லிசையில் கலக்குறாங்க. மெல்லிசையை பிரதானமாக வைத்து நடத்தப்படும் இது போன்ற போட்டிகளில் ஒரு குறிப்பிட்ட செவ்வியல் இசையை மட்டுமே பாடகர்களிடம் திணிக்கக் கூடாது. தஞ்சை செல்வி போன்ற பெண் இதே போட்டியில் கலந்து கொண்டிருந்தால் ஆரம்ப சுற்றிலேயே காணாமல் போயிருப்பார்.

V_S
13th February 2011, 12:51 AM
I agree about the singers highlighted by you. But if you take those days even legends like SPB learned classical only after he started singing in films. Just compare number of singers those days and now. Nowadays singers are born daily, here survival and competition are fierce. Unless you are immensely talented, there are plenty of options nowadays. Even I doubt the above singers will stand the test of time, and you can clearly see the limitations on the genre of songs they sing. When classical songs come in, I don't think these singers will get a chance, composers might opt for better singers in those genres. It is better now to get equipped and learn mostly all genres rather than being typecasted. That's the reason we call SPB, KJY, Rafi, Lata ... as legends as they can switch to any genres easily.

I agree that this show mainly projects on light music, but just two rounds of carnatic/classical sessions (in whole series of episodes) doesn't make it a completely classical show (still I don't consider this round as completely classical). These rounds just showcases their versatility and also their limitations as a singer, which is encouraging, I believe. There are lot of positives they can take from the show.

Also if you observe the same shows in North India, the singers usually pick up old songs which are mostly classical which have larger depth in tunes and much better scope for these sangathis and singers are ready for this. So there is no need for a separate classical rounds, even if it exists, it is good for singers.

Also, this is Hariji's show and we all know how great a singer he is and he expects atleast someone will turn like him, hence all these efforts.

Just my thoughts....

V_S
13th February 2011, 08:53 AM
Gopal was good today. Nancy got eliminated. Again judges equating Lakshmi with Ravi is intolerable. James saying the same concerns as Ravi had, forgetting her range, elegance problems (lower and higher pitches, emotional content in her singing) is truly a biased opinion. Also comparing her with Gopal, Hariji was saying only she has improve 15%, but it seems Gopal has to improve 30% again clearly proves the judging fallacy. If these changes, we can expect a good and deserved winner.

Roshan
13th February 2011, 10:38 AM
Some sense prevails.. (Nancy's elimination.. she has to go) but still politics is there - they are really over hyping Lakshmi. I still feel that she will be the winner. What songs did Gopal and Karthik sing? How was Karthik? Shall try to catch it online.

V_S
13th February 2011, 11:16 AM
Gopal sang IR beautiful folk number 'Malligaye Malligaye Thoodhaaga Po'. Karthik sang an MSV excellent song 'Pottu vaitha mugamo' from Sumathi En Sundari (what a great song by SPB). He somehow failed to impress the judges on the sangathis, but he was ok. Nancy sang 'Vanthathe Vanthathe' from Kizhakku Vaasal.
You can watch it online as well, I don't know someone already uploaded. Hope this site does is good.
http://www.tamilkey.com/hariyudan-naan-february-12th-2011-jaya-tv.html

Roshan
13th February 2011, 11:53 AM
Pottu vaitha mugamO is an excellent song for Sangathis.. MalligaiyE is not a great song IMO, also vanthathae.. Could have gone for some better options.

venkkiram
13th February 2011, 12:40 PM
மேற்கத்திய இசைப் பாடலோடு நமது பாடல்களை செய்த Fusion சுற்றில் ஹரிணி பாடிய பாடல் .. இந்த நிகழ்ச்சியில் எனக்கு மிகவும் பிடித்த பாடல் முயற்சிகளில் ஒன்று. ஐரிஷ் பாடல் ஒன்றையும் வி.தா.வருவாயா "கண்ணுக்குள் கண்ணை" பாடலையும் அருமையா Blend செய்த முயற்சி.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcuwS_HXfds&feature=player_embedded#at=40

Roshan
13th February 2011, 11:42 PM
Watched the video.. Gopal was good. He managed the tempo well this time, however slipped a couple of times inbetween. Finishing was handled badly in most of the lines and I was surprised when Hari, Sudha and James failed to mention it, but as usual Sharath bestowed hope on judgement. He pointed it out and also spoke about the tempo issue. Sudha said "Sangathi ellaam laddu maathiri vanthu vizhunthuchu" and Sharath responded "aana sila laddus expiry date thaandi vanthu vizhunthuchu" :lol:

Again I liked Karthik - he missed a few notes in the sangathis but as every body said he sounded very professional and pleasing with a nice voice. James was more appreciative of Karthik this time and said he sounded like a playback singer while rendering the Charanam (2nd Charanam was very good). Even if he doesnt win, I feel he will have a bright future in music compared to others.

I saw only 3 lines of Nancy's singing - it was horrible. She only tries to mimic the voice and style of the original singer. Glad she is eliminated.

R.Latha
14th February 2011, 01:44 PM
10.2.11 Episode

sudha Ragunathan also is singging one carnatic song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQqd06IJyK8&feature=player_detailpage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6gnkXj3SQA&feature=player_detailpage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Kku6LZ3FfCQ

R.Latha
14th February 2011, 01:51 PM
11.2.11 Today the judges is Hariharan, sudha ragunathan, james vasanthan and sarath

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Dh9a4Rc-Pk&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI6DxdsMWdA&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZjVRFfStEY&feature=player_embedded

Nerd
14th February 2011, 06:46 PM
Haven't seen the 3rd days show and what lovely song selections again. I have not seen Sridevi en vaazhvil and malligaiyE malligaiyE thoothaagappO been sung anywhere else. Way to go. Two songs to listen to today (they were not in my playlist for years).

PARAMASHIVAN
14th February 2011, 07:42 PM
AdadE It seems every one is following SPB 's footsteps, can't blame them though !

Ennodu paatu paadungal > Hariyudan naan > Manathodu mano -- :sigh2:

venkkiram
14th February 2011, 09:59 PM
சுதா ரகுநாதன் வருகை தந்த "சங்கதி" சுற்றினை பார்த்து முடித்தேன். பசங்க எல்லாரும் நல்லா பாடினாங்க. ரவி கலக்கிட்டார். தேர்வு செய்த பாடலுக்காகவே அவரைப் பாராட்டலாம். அவருக்கு அடுத்து எனக்குப் பிடித்தது நிரஞ்சன். "ஸ்ரீதேவி என்" பாடலை தேர்வு செய்ததற்காக அவரையும் பாராட்டியே ஆகணும். கோபால் பாடிய "மல்லிகையே மல்லிகையே" பாடலும், கார்த்திக் பாடிய "போட்டு வைத்த முகமோ" பாடலும் மனத்தைக் கவர்ந்தது. கார்த்திக் குரலில் பாடலுக்கான ஜீவன் தெரிந்தது. சரண்யா தேர்வு செய்தது கடினமான ஒன்று. ஓரளவிற்கு பாடினார்.

லட்சுமி வழக்கம் போல ஜீவனே இல்லாமல் பாடினார். வழக்கம் போல ஜேம்ஸ் சொம்பு தூக்கினார். "சங்கதி சுற்று" உனக்கேற்ற களமாக தோன்றுகிறதா? என அவர் ரவியை கேட்டிருந்தால் ஒரு நேர்மை இருந்திருக்கும்.

இந்த நிகழ்ச்சியில் நடுவர்கள் ஒரு விஷயத்தில் ஒற்றுமை. அது பசங்களை தோண்டி துருவி அவர்களின் முயற்சிகளை ஆராய்ச்சி செய்வது. பாவம் கோபால், கார்த்திக், ரவி, நிரஞ்சன்.

Nerd, "மல்லிகையே மல்லிகையே" பாடலை இரண்டு முறை சன் தொலைக்காட்சி சப்தஸ்வரங்களில் பாடிக் கேட்டிருக்கிறேன். ஆனால் "ஸ்ரீதேவி என்" புத்தம் புதிய முயற்சி. அருமையான தேர்வு.

Roshan
14th February 2011, 10:17 PM
Is James on Twitter by any chance?

V_S
15th February 2011, 12:27 AM
வழக்கம் போல ஜேம்ஸ் சொம்பு தூக்கினார்.
:lol: totally agree and James comments were totally unwarranted that too before she even started singing. yes very very nice song selections.

Roshan
15th February 2011, 11:57 AM
:lol: totally agree and James comments were totally unwarranted that too before she even started singing. yes very very nice song selections.

To be frank James tries to act too smart and in the process irritates us most of the time. He gives some good tips but his "sombu" attitude nullifies all his good work. He has an authoritative kind of tone which again I dont like.

R.Latha
15th February 2011, 12:24 PM
gopala krishnan is singing.Normalaga pada eandum. appadi seithal innum nandraga irukkum. sudha said like that. Malligaiye karthik is singing pottu vaitha mugamo.Hari said,karthik is doing small mistake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVq456BAqQQ&feature=player_detailpage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5DD4qP4lzY&feature=player_detailpage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5DD4qP4lzY&feature=player_detailpage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZnFPR_YOHM&feature=player_detailpage

vijay athi raj asked to sudha ragunathan. How do you feel now? She said,hari padmashri award vangina yearlathaan naanum vaanginean. athumathiri feel panrean.Today nansi is eliminated.

R.Latha
18th February 2011, 01:26 PM
17.2.11 Thursday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6623TLoUoI&feature=player_detailpage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC__DJI3ICA&feature=player_detailpage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=VMPUVpQU4hI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPxMmDDzFPE&feature=player_detailpage

Nerd
18th February 2011, 09:08 PM
அய்யகோ இங்கயும் லதா வந்துட்டாங்களா, இனிமேல் விவாதிப்பது, விவாதங்களை படிப்பது கஷ்டமாகி விடும். :-(

venkkiram
19th February 2011, 11:54 AM
ரவி விட்ட சவாலில் கார்த்திக் கலக்கிட்டார். ரவியும் நல்லா பாடினார். நிரஞ்சன் விட்ட சவாலில் சரண்யா ரொம்ப நல்லா பாடினார்.சரண்யா விட்ட சவாலில் லட்சுமி நாராசமா பாடினார். சரணம் சகிக்கல. பள்ளி மதிப்பெண்களில் சொன்னால் 50 மதிப்பெண்களுக்கு கீழே.. "கம்பசித்திரம் இல்லாத பாடல்.. கொஞ்சம் அழகா பாட முயற்சி செய்" என சரத் சொன்னது நெத்தியடி. ஆனால் 65 மதிப்பெண்கள் சுலபமாக வந்தது எதிர்பார்த்தது தான். கார்த்திக் பாடிய "ஒரு தேவதை பாடிய" பாடலுக்கு 60 மதிப்பெண்கள் கொடுத்தார்கள். முரண்பாட்டின் உச்சம்.

"மகாராஜன் உலகை ஆளலாம்" பாடலை தேர்வு செய்த நிரஞ்சனுக்கு நன்றி. இந்தப் போட்டியில் தான் மகாராஜன், ஒரு தேவதை இரண்டு பாடல்களையும் முதன் முதலாக கேட்கிறேன். பழைய பாடல் அப்படியே மனதில் பதிந்து விட்டது. புது பாடல் இருவரும் பாடி முடித்தவுடன் சுத்தமாக மறந்து விட்டது. இது தான் இரண்டிற்கும் இருக்கும் மலையளவு வித்தியாசம்.

ரவி, சரண்யா இருவருக்கும் வாய்ப்பு பிரகாசமாக இருக்கிறது.

எனக்கு கார்த்திக்கின் குரல் பிடித்திருக்கிறது. மிகவும் அரிதாக தென்படும் மிருதுவான குரல். உணர்வையும் வெளிப்படுத்தும் திறமை இருக்கிறது. இருந்தும் கார்த்திக் நடுவர்களின் பாரபட்சத்தையும் மீறி அடுத்த சுற்றுக்கு தேர்வு செய்யப்படுவது கொஞ்சம் கடினமான ஒன்றுதான்.

பார்க்கலாம் அடுத்து வருகிற சவால் சுற்றின் மீதம் எப்படி இருக்கிறதென்று ?

Roshan
19th February 2011, 01:06 PM
I watched Thursday's episode and I dont think I will watch it again (naethu paakkala). Oru pre-final sutru enRa uNarvaE illaamal mokkaiyaa irunthuchu. I didnt like the song selections too - including Maharajan. Lakshmi is unfairly favoured. Karthik's singing was much better than hers but he got less marks than Lakshmi. And it is very obvious that the decisions are already made - singing, comments, points are all just an eye wash. They will take both females to the finals - Niranjan and Gopal are in for sure. Even Saranya was not great in the Maharajan song - 90 marks ellaam remba over.. her voice was strained and when she was reaching the highnotes it didnt sound pleasant. NaanE naanA was so so.. Pongada neengaLum unga competition'um.. Good Bye to Hariyudan Naan :wave:

Roshan
19th February 2011, 01:11 PM
Best wishes to Karthik and Ravi for their future endeavours in music :thumbsup: I am sure they will have a good future.

V_S
20th February 2011, 06:34 AM
Not much impressive so far (yet to see saturday's episode). Judges (except Sarath sir) were not upto the mark in their judgement and in their marks.
Only good thing IMHO is the 'Maharajan' song selection, which made me go back to hear Karnan songs. What an album! Hats off to Vishwanathan-Ramamoorthy sir. :notworthy: All songs are in loop, especially the 'Iravum Nilavum', Aayiram Karangal Neeti (SG, TMS, PBS, no words on this composition, only to touch their feet) and Seerkaazhi's 'Maranathai Enni'. SG voice, and the depth in the singing captured my heart all over. That too with the video (questions asked by Arjunan and Lord's answers, wow!) even more gripping. Not to forget all songs penned by Kaviyarasu Kannadasar. Great depth in composition, lyrics and singing.!

Thanks to Subashree Thanigachalam for bringing back those memories!

venkkiram
20th February 2011, 09:18 PM
Not much impressive so far (yet to see saturday's episode). Judges (except Sarath sir) were not upto the mark in their judgement and in their marks.

thought we alone here barking at biased judgment. but this techsatish site comment also proves that many are not much satisfied with this show..

Anjali Says:
February 20th, 2011 at 1:28 pm

Total waste….very partial in judgement…dont know why Niranjan and Lakshmi have been given so much importance and Hari wanted them to safe guard…Lakshmi prefers only peppy songs where she can shout and it suits to her ganattha voice….or she is choosing classical …

she never tries any melody where she can’t compete….he he …
Audience we are very good in judgement….Dont cheat us…just close this show…

V_S
21st February 2011, 04:34 AM
Good to know Venkki!. Before finals, if these messages/views reach Hariji and their team, it will be good for the show and its credibility. Most of all, audience can truly enjoy the show!

R.Latha
21st February 2011, 11:08 AM
அய்யகோ இங்கயும் லதா வந்துட்டாங்களா, இனிமேல் விவாதிப்பது, விவாதங்களை படிப்பது கஷ்டமாகி விடும். :-(

enna kastam nerd.naan video-thaane post pannean.

Nerd
21st February 2011, 08:41 PM
enna kastam nerd.naan video-thaane post pannean.
Chumma vilaiyaattukku sonnen. If the page is loaded with videos, it will be difficult to find text posts avlo dhaan. Please continue your sevai. I am sorry.

R.Latha
23rd February 2011, 11:08 AM
it is ok. ungal discussion-i nanraga thodarungal.Anyway tks.

V_S
1st March 2011, 08:47 AM
Best and enjoyable round so far in Hariyudan Naan (even there is no elimination).
Hariji has given a beautiful explanation for ghazal singing and art,and how it communicates to audience.
So much impressed with Ravi, Niranjan and Karthik. They picked up a lot within the short duration. Excellent, especially Ravi, great improvisation on 'Kaalaiyum Neeye' at the end.

Still lot of complaints on Ravi's singing, as if his voice is at one place and his mind is at another place, I cannot agree to this. Definitely anyone who is seeing this programme can see how Ravi is far far ahead of other contestants, but these kind of comments makes us believe he is ordinary. Strictly no appreciation at all for all his hardwork, they are thinking he is competing with Hariji, which is not the case.
But not even a single comment to Lakshmi. Hariji even compromises that since she has carnatic background and it is in her blood, so could not avoid that influence in the ghazals, which is sad, but the same comment is not true for others.
The highlight is James comments on Lakshmi's singing. He didn't even comment much on her singing, rather he was praising her personality, "Mughathile thelivu, angelic cherubic smile" ithellaam thevaiyaa. Even James comment on Sarath sir, please keep them offline.

Apart from these, the song selections 'barsan lagi sawan bundiya', 'Mein Khayal hoon', 'Yu Na thi Mujse Berukhi Pehele' were excellent.
Hariji's tips and demonstration were amazing. Especially 'Mein Khayal hoon' demonstration, and how many different ways of rendering just that word 'Phirtavum' (demo to Karthik). Wow!
And Hariji's "Yu Na thi Mujse Berukhi Pehele", what a rendering! Definitely my eyes became wet when he was singing. How beautifully he brings the mood of the song.
He is THE King of ghazhal. :notworthy:

Everyone's speech was very moving and from their speech, it is very clear that this is just not a reality show and how much pain and effort has gone into every judges and other gurus to shape them up. No show has done this kind of effort so far. Even calling them judges is not appropriate, as they have taken care of each participants like their kids, which is why I like this show and way way ahead of other reality shows.

Nerd
6th March 2011, 11:40 PM
I like sufi very much (Rahman's / Amit's etc) but I find Ghazals very boring :oops: So skipped most songs and it seems Bhargavi will be selected from WC. I would have chosen Anush who showed immense improvement.

V_S
7th March 2011, 12:59 AM
I would have chosen Anush who showed immense improvement.
+1. But I don't like their logic. So from here it would be either Anush or Bhargavi. But from viewer's vote if someone who gets entry, then they were saying these two will be part of top 5. That means from current top 6, three will go out? So, that will be 3 (from top 6)+ 2(one from wildcard+one from viewer's choice). If this is the case, that doesn't sound good, as we will loose three participants which who already proved their performances, compared to the twos coming from backdoor.

Nerd
7th March 2011, 01:26 AM
we will loose three participants which who already proved their performances, compared to the twos coming from backdoor.
Yes. Even if they were to do it, at least those three should have been given a chance in the WC round. This logic is indeed laughworthy. Lets confirm thats the case next week..

venkkiram
13th March 2011, 11:13 AM
நீங்க எல்லாம் யூகிச்ச மாதிரி பார்கவி வந்துட்டாங்க ! நான் யூகிச்ச மாதிரியே இந்தப் போட்டியில் பசங்களை புறக்கணித்தல் நடந்து கொண்டே இருக்கிறது. இட ஒதுக்கிடு போல இறுதிச் சுற்றுல 3 ஆண்கள், 3 பெண்கள் வருவாங்க போல தெரியுது.

வைல்-கார்டு சுற்றில் வெங்கடேஷ் "நான் கலைவாணியே பாடப் போறேன்" எனச் சொன்னபோதே இடி விழுந்தது போல இருந்தது என் மனதில். நெனச்ச மாதிரியே , அந்த நல்லப் பாடலை அறுவை சிகிச்சை செய்தான். குத்தம் சொல்லணும் என்றால், அவனுக்கு இந்தப் பாடலை சொன்ன அல்லது அனுமதி வழங்கிய சுபஸ்ரீ அக்காவை சொல்லணும் நடுவர்கள். அதை விட்டு, வெங்கட்டிடம் "நீ இன்னும் சரியாய் பாடல் படிக்கில, முயற்சி செய்யல" என சகட்டு மேனிக்கு அசிங்கப் படுத்தியது மல்லாக்க படுத்துக்கொண்டு எச்சில் திப்புவதற்கு சமம். இப்படிப் பட்ட திறமையற்ற ஒரு போட்டியாளரை இது வரை வர வழைத்த பெருமை "ஹரியுடன் நான்" அமைப்பிற்கே உண்டு. இன்னொரு கொடுமை, நான்சி. மீண்டும் சுபஸ்ரீ அக்கா. செமி-க்ளாசிக்கல் சுற்றில் இவர் பாடிய பாடலில் ஆரம்பம் முதல் இறுதி வரை கொஞ்சம் கூட சுருதி சேர வில்லையென நடுவர்கள் திட்டினார்கள். எப்படி இவர்களை எல்லாம் பாட விட்டங்க முதலில்? இது போன்ற ஊழல்களை எல்லாம் வைத்துக்கொண்டு இவர்கள் அடிக்கடி இந்தப் போட்டியை பெருமை அடிச்சிகிறது கேவலமா இருக்கு.

கஸல் சுற்று பார்த்தேன். தாங்க முடியவில்லை ஒவ்வொரு பாடகர்களும் குறைந்து பத்து நிமிடம் நடுவர்களை புகைந்தது. ஷப்பா.. வடிவேலு "இவன் எவ்வளவு அடிச்சாலும் தாங்குவான் போலருக்கே" என்பது போல, ஹரியை "எவ்வளவு புகழ்ந்தாலும், கூச்சப் படமால் இருக்கிறாரே!"

Roshan
13th March 2011, 02:54 PM
This program has got the poorest quality of contestants even at final stage. ennathaan arasiyal irunthaalum Vijay TV Super Singer had always tried to maintain some quality when it comes to top 5 (though they screwed it up quite a bit in SSJ 2). And the concepts for each round in this show leave a lot to be desired. entha kattathula entha concept kondu varanumnu sariyaa theriyaama - oru vivasthaiketta thanamA paNRaanga. I also have problems with the song selections. Looks like too much of interference from Subashree and Judges on selection of songs and they go with their own personal preferences rather than analysing how suitable the song would be for each contestant. It's a complete mess and a completer bore and it needs a great level of patience to sit through an hour. That's the reason why I quit watching

Gopalakrishnan and Bhargavi got eliminated at the top 20 level itself in Super Singer Season 2 and were not even given a chance to participate in the wild card. AvvaLavuthaan avanga talent. inga ennadaanna thookki vechu kondaaduraanga.

Nerd
13th March 2011, 08:26 PM
I was pleasantly surprised to see Lakshmi not in Top 6 but was furious, naturally when they brought her back. What drama?! 7 people for a final? Anyway I am glad Karthik is still there. I hope either Karthik or Sharanya wins it. Ravi win panninaalum OK. But if either Lakshmi or Niranjan wins it, naan tea kudippEn.

The judging has been (except Sharreth of course) pretty poor in the last few weeks but certainly thats not the programme's USP IMO. I watch it only for the song selections and the highly entertaining judge's comments (Sharreth and James. Hari is usually very bland). Singers/judging ellaam secondary to me. And I think they are fairer than all other reality shows put together. Thats not really saying much. Anyway irukkara 7 pErula dhaanE best choose panna mudiyin, irukkadhE average singers dhaan..

V_S
13th March 2011, 10:26 PM
I was pleasantly surprised to see Lakshmi not in Top 6 but was furious, naturally when they brought her back.
me too, I was very happy when she was out, but she is very lucky to be back in (I feel because of JV's reco). Definitely three singers are better as you mentioned, but that wild card entry was totally unnecessary. It should have been Ravi, Karthik, Saranya (and may be Niranjan to some extent, though still not so convincing) in the finals, others not deserving.

Wibha
14th March 2011, 12:23 AM
Lakshmi should have just been eliminated. And bhargavi could have been the "popular votes" winner and Anush the wild card winner. Back to 7 people :sigh2:

Nerd
20th March 2011, 11:42 PM
Payantha maadhiriyE Lakshmi wins it. Along with Ravi. Lakshmi is not even pretty :banghead:

Recount of the finals - http://tpanand.blogspot.com/2011/03/hariyudan-naan-finale.html

skr
20th March 2011, 11:59 PM
Not surprised with Ravi winning but definitely surprised with Lakshmi considering she was the last participant among the chosen 7..Anyway heard the finale was a resounding success..Hoping to c it soon..

V_S
21st March 2011, 04:41 AM
Payantha maadhiriyE Lakshmi wins it. Along with Ravi. Lakshmi is not even pretty :banghead:

Recount of the finals - http://tpanand.blogspot.com/2011/03/hariyudan-naan-finale.html
Could not believe that we already got the results too! Congratulations to Ravi :clap:
So our guess came true about Lakshmi :shock::mad: Will have to watch the show how Lakshmi fared with Ravi, Sharanya and others. Thanks Nerd for sharing the article!

venkkiram
21st March 2011, 06:11 AM
என்னது லட்சுமியா? இனி இதுபோல ரியாலிட்டி ஷோவையல்லாம் பார்க்கவே கூடாது என்ற முடிவுக்கு வந்துவிட்டேன். "who is the hero?"பாடலை அந்த அம்மணி முன்பே பாடியிருந்தும் கடைசி சுற்றிலும் அதையே பாடியிருப்பதிலேயே தெரியவில்லையா, லட்சுமிக்கு எந்த அளவு பன்முகத் தன்மை இருக்கிறது என்பது ? ஊழல் ஊழல்.. இறுதிச் சுற்று வந்ததே பெரிசு! இதுல முதலிடம் வேற! என்னத்த சொல்றது? ஒண்ணும் சொல்றதுக்கில்ல..

Roshan
21st March 2011, 01:48 PM

Naan idha 100% ethirpaarthEn - thank God I quit watching it. This must be the worse ever result in any reality show contest. Vijay TV is not that bad. But I am happy for Ravi. He is the genuine winner and Lakshmi is the result of Hari and James jollu.

Plum
21st March 2011, 02:34 PM
A word of praise for Sharath, a talented and uncompromising man. He doesnt buckle to any pressure and speaks his mind both here and in his Malayalam shows. A rare gem of a person. And a fine composer, too.

V_S
21st March 2011, 08:33 PM
Yes Plum, completely agree on your word Sharath's talent and his honesty. His certain compositions are truly outstanding. Since he was there as judge, we thought, only deserving participant would win this competition. Somehow it didn't happen, as Roshan mentioned the reason :lol:.
Sharanya is a far far better and versatile singer than Lakshmi. Inspite Lakshmi having classical background, it definitely did not help her and she has not used that background properly. If Sharanya would have won jointly first place with Ravi followed by Karthik, this show would have gone to greater heights. It seems Karthik also got eliminated before Gopal which is also not acceptable, but we will have to see how they performed.

Overall I liked the show, just because of one main reason. The participants have been trained individually right from top 20 stage till the finals which is noteworthy. So some these participants might have been eliminated in other shows at earlier rounds (no training given in other shows), but here we cannot judge their same capability just by other shows, as here the training definitely improved them a lot and I could see Karthik, Niranjan, Bhargavi, Gopal, Anush and many others have improved compared to what they performed at initial rounds, eventhough they were not up to the mark.

This mark of difference in their performances after the training, is the biggest asset and take away from this show. They are truly gifted and now they will not take singing lightly and Hariji has atleast made sure that they now got the path and direction to travel, which no other show has done so far AFAIK. Hats off to him :notworthy:

venkkiram
21st March 2011, 09:27 PM
V_S/Nerd, any idea when Vj TV going to telecast this?

V_S
21st March 2011, 09:47 PM
Sorry venkkiram, no idea about Vijay TV telecast. But hoping they will telecast the finals on Jaya TV this week the same time (thu, fri, sat).

venkkiram
21st March 2011, 10:02 PM
Sorry venkkiram, no idea about Vijay TV telecast. But hoping they will telecast the finals on Jaya TV this week the same time (thu, fri, sat).oops, thats my typo. instead of Jaya, I wrote Vj.

V_S
27th March 2011, 07:43 AM
Finally Sharath sir exposed his talent. What a singer, phenomenal singing!! Even after having so much talent, just to show off he never sang in the whole Hariyudan Naan programme. How simple and down to earth he is. Asking everyone to forgive his singing mistakes. Got completely drowned in his 12 minutes of non-stop torrential singing!! :notworthy: :notworthy:

For those who missed: (last ten minutes of second video, and first two minutes of third video)
http://www.cinekolly.com/2011/03/hariyudan-naan-26-03-2011-jaya-tv.html

tvsankar
27th March 2011, 03:40 PM
V S,
Thanks for the link of Hariyudan naan and the song Bhavayami. padum.

Nerd
27th March 2011, 08:51 PM
Just caught Sharreth's singing towards the end of the show last night. Just brilliant. Remember it was a live performance. Absolutely mesmerizing. If only he had the luck and the visibility :-(

Sharreth >> Hariharan.

V_S
27th March 2011, 11:44 PM
Yes, I agree Nerd, Balamurali Krishna sir'oda sishyan na chummava. As you said, performing this kind of song live is not at all an easy task. He touches the highest note and comes to the lowest with amazing ease. Lot of sangathis!! From Hariji's face I can see, even he could not believe it (little embarassed too?). I thought he would come to the stage and hug him for his singing. I may be wrong, but may be that "vidya garvam" stopped him or he didn't feel at all. Whatever, it is phenomenal!!

venkkiram
28th March 2011, 07:50 AM
நன்றி திரு v_s. பொக்கிஷமாக பாதுகாத்து வைக்கப்பட வேண்டிய ஒரு நிகழ்ச்சி. ஷரித் ... உண்மையிலேயே அசுரத் தனமாக அதே வேளையில் மிகச்சிறந்த முறையில் பாடினார். இப்படிப்பட்ட ஆற்றலை மேடையில் பார்த்த பிறகு ஹரி இனி எந்த மேடை ஏறும்போதும், "ஷரித் பெண்ணாக பிறந்திருந்தால் பத்து முறையாவது திருமணம் செய்திருப்பேன்" எனச் சொல்லிவந்தால் சரியாக இருக்கும்.

venkkiram
28th March 2011, 07:54 AM
Sharreth >> Hariharan. இதே ஒப்பீடு இன்று காரில் பயணம் செய்யும்பொது என் மனதில் ஓடிக்கொண்டிருந்தது. கடைசியில் அப்படி ஒரு அபிப்ராயம் தேவையில்லை என அந்தக் கணத்திலேயே அழித்து விட்டேன்.

Nerd
3rd April 2011, 11:18 PM
Hariharan was highly annoying (like he ALWAYS is in stages) with his performance(s). Lakshmi, one of the winners - seriously?! She was at her worst, no two ways about it. Sharanya was infintely better. Ravi was superb with the mama/mapla song and was a deserving winner.

Anyway waiting for the next reality show just to catch annan Sharreth. Btw, listen to Sharreth's WCM genius in this new thamizh film trailer. Hopefully the music becomes a hit and Sharreth gets to work for A grade films in thamizh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPtd3t8H62w

V_S
4th April 2011, 05:19 AM
I don't know why judges didn't realize how bad their decisions were even after hearing thundering applause during and after Ravi's performance. Almost everyone stood and applauded him, which clearly tells how he performed. Still they want to share the top most award with Lakshmi inspite of her mediocre performance. Even the Lakshmi's song selection was not so complicated to sing compared to Ravi. Leave out Sharanya, even Niranjan was way way better in his last performance co pared to Lakshmi in 'Oru Naal Podhuma' and he was perfect in sangathis. But he was pushed to fourth without anything.

Also I thought it would be a better idea to include two new judges for the finals, so that a fresh ear will atleast balance this bias, or atleast they would have opted for a poll with audience (why are you inviting them, just to enjoy, but not vote their favorite?) on who's the best singer. Nothing happened. :sad: and :irked:

Thanks Nerd for 180 film trailer, looking forward to Sharath sir's all forth coming films. He is truly a gifted artist.

venkkiram
10th April 2011, 05:04 AM
ஒரு வழியாக இறுதி நிகழ்ச்சியை இன்று பார்த்து முடித்தேன். நிகழ்ச்சியின் நாயகன் எனப் பார்த்தால் அது சந்தேகமில்லாமல் ரவி தான். என்ன ஒரு ஆற்றல்! அவருடன் லட்சுமி முதல் இடத்தை பகிர்ந்துகொண்டது "ஹரியுடன் நான்" தொடருக்கே இழுக்கு. நிரஞ்சன் "ஒரு நாள் போதுமா!" பாடலை ரொம்ப நல்லா பாடினார். மெட்லி சுற்றில் கார்த்திக் தேர்வு செய்த பாடல்கள் சரியில்லை. அவராக தேர்வு செய்தாரா இல்லை பாடவைக்கப் பட்டாரா எனத் தெரியவில்லை.

இந்த நிகழ்ச்சி மூலமாக நடுவர்கள் மீது வெறுப்பு வந்ததுதான் மிச்சம். வாழ்க ஹரி, ஷரித் மற்றும் ஜேம்ஸ்!

venkkiram
10th April 2011, 09:47 AM
ஒரு வருடம் நடந்து முடிந்து நிகழ்ச்சி இறுதிப்போட்டி வரை வந்தாலும் ஹரிக்கு ஒரு நடுவருக்கான பக்குவம் இன்னும் வரவில்லை என்பது நிரஞ்சன் பாடிய பாடலுக்கு பொதுவாக ஓரிரு வார்த்தைகளில் கருத்து சொல்வதை விட்டுவிட்டு, "நீ எப்படி பாடின?" என ஆயிரம் மக்கள் கூடி பார்க்கும் அரங்கத்தில் பாடகரிடமே கேள்வியை வைப்பதிலிருந்தே தெரிகிறது. இறுதிப் போட்டி வரை வந்தாகிவிட்டது. இனி குறை என்ன? நிவர்த்தி என்ன? நிரஞ்சன் இடத்தில் நான் இருந்திருந்தால் "நல்லா பாடியிருக்கேன்!" என நெத்தியடி அடிச்சிருப்பேன்.

V_S
10th April 2011, 10:20 AM
ஒரு வருடம் நடந்து முடிந்து நிகழ்ச்சி இறுதிப்போட்டி வரை வந்தாலும் ஹரிக்கு ஒரு நடுவருக்கான பக்குவம் இன்னும் வரவில்லை என்பது நிரஞ்சன் பாடிய பாடலுக்கு பொதுவாக ஓரிரு வார்த்தைகளில் கருத்து சொல்வதை விட்டுவிட்டு, "நீ எப்படி பாடின?" என ஆயிரம் மக்கள் கூடி பார்க்கும் அரங்கத்தில் பாடகரிடமே கேள்வியை வைப்பதிலிருந்தே தெரிகிறது. இறுதிப் போட்டி வரை வந்தாகிவிட்டது. இனி குறை என்ன? நிவர்த்தி என்ன? நிரஞ்சன் இடத்தில் நான் இருந்திருந்தால் "நல்லா பாடியிருக்கேன்!" என நெத்தியடி அடிச்சிருப்பேன்.
Very Simple sir! This question came from Hariji just because they have already decided the winners and they wanted to express their concern (nondi saakku) about Niranjan indirectly to the audience. Yes, you are absoutely correct, they all are good teachers and guides, but none of them (again except Sharat sir, as he was the judge for many competitions) can be considered as judges, given their bias.

Wibha
10th April 2011, 12:10 PM
NERD awesome avatar :2thumbsup: :victory:

venkkiram
10th April 2011, 06:04 PM
NERD awesome avatar :2thumbsup: :victory:

+1. ஒரு மாத காலமாக பஸ் பிரயாணங்களில் "கோபப் பறவை" விளையாட்டில்தான் நான் மூழ்கிக் கிடக்கிறேன். செல்பேசி எப்போதுமே சார்ஜரில் வைக்கப்பட்டு வருகிறது இதனால். நேர்த்தியா வடிவமைச்சிருக்காங்க..

venkkiram
11th April 2011, 01:07 AM
Someone commented online..am not sure how far its true..

The results were fixed?? YES..??. Even 3 weeks ago, shows of winners were booked all over USA and Ravishankar and Laxmi's names were circulated in posters along with director Subasree Thanikachalam. How come only these 2 names were given when the finals weren't even done in dubai??????

Nerd
11th April 2011, 10:27 PM
Wibhs/Venkki,

Not a games lover and was not a big fan when I played this game on my phone. I only had the free version. I downloaded the PC version (for free) couple of weeks back and since then I have been addicted. And the PC version is infinitely better than the phone version if you ask me :-)

venkkiram
11th April 2011, 11:34 PM
Wibhs/Venkki,

Not a games lover and was not a big fan when I played this game on my phone. I only had the free version. I downloaded the PC version (for free) couple of weeks back and since then I have been addicted. And the PC version is infinitely better than the phone version if you ask me :-)

Oh...I didn't know this. Thanks Nerd! Let me download today itself.