PDA

View Full Version : Oscar Thamizhan 'Isaipuyal' AR Rahman News/Updates

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11

Ramakrishna
10th November 2012, 08:32 PM
Enakku eppadi paduthu engirathai oru kaaraNathOda thaan solven. Ippavum naan solrathukku reason vechirukken. Really not finding any reasoning wrt your sides' posts. Just branding, without reasoning

apdi enna special reason vechirukeenga? There is only one reason behind the posts from each side - the urge to defend one's idol. Apdi thaane neenga aarambicheenga?

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
10th November 2012, 08:36 PM
RK, i have already clearly posted my stand. And ennaathu?! naan aarambichenaa?!? Go man, read back the thread!

Ramakrishna
10th November 2012, 08:37 PM
Sakala,
The way you post implies that you are the only one posting intelligently with a lot of insights and simply dismissing others' posts. Intha maathiri attitude-oda post panna naanga vera epdi sensible-a reply panrathu?

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
10th November 2012, 08:45 PM
Mudiyala to the Core, Repeattu :(

I am a simple man, RK :)

A.ANAND
10th November 2012, 08:47 PM
director vikraman about arr n his melody song

watch rom 08:36

http://www.tubetamil.com/watch-cinema-videos/tamil-cinema-interviews/vj-dhil-interviewing-director-b-vikraman.html

Ramakrishna
10th November 2012, 08:49 PM
RK, i have already clearly posted my stand. And ennaathu?! naan aarambichenaa?!? Go man, read back the thread!

No No, engaaluthaan prachanaiya start pannuthu, othukuren. But, neenga IR-a defend panra nokkathodathaane intha threadla post panna aarambicheenga? Atha thavira vera enna special reason vechirukeenga?

Look at the following post of yours.

Rahman has got oscars, why not you too! So he wants Raja to do whatever rahman does. He almost keeps Raja in same pedestal of Rahman! What a pure crap!! Rajavum Rahmanum oNNaa! For that case, is any contemporary MD comparable with Raja?!? Nope! If you say yes, your understanding about Raja is too limited.

This very post clearly shows your intentions - that is you are posting here to only belittle ARR. Ithu therinjathuku appuramum how else do you expect us to consider your posts here?

It is fine if you can't digest someone comparing ARR with IR. It is also fine to express the way you feel. But, why do you want to force your opinion on Ajay.

Ok, prachanainu aaiduchu. adithadi la erangiyaachu. unga pangukku neengalum sandaiku contribute panniyaachu. Aana athuku appuramum neenga mattum rombo sensible-a bayangara reasoning-oda post panra maathiri ungalaye neenga defend pannittu mathavangaloda posts-a ellaam dismiss panreengley?

Ramakrishna
10th November 2012, 08:54 PM
Mudiyala to the Core, Repeattu :(

Intha maathiri neenga neraya thadava solliteenga. It shows that you are the one who doesn't read others posts or try to understand them. I guess you are simply posting them as soon as you see a reply from others.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
10th November 2012, 09:04 PM
RK, eppadi neenga oru stand edukkureengaLo appadi enakkum oru stand irukku. Athula entha problem um illainnu neengaLe sollitteenga.

So, leave out that comparison part. Even without that, the guy who question, he says why not you too for Oscars. Oru MD Oscar vaangittaaru, ivar vaangalai, athukkaaga ippadi ivar kitta kekkalaamaa?? Isn't that a blunderous mistake? Also see the tone. NeengaLum. So matha MDs enna panraangaLO athaiye Raja vum follow pannanum nnu ennamo Raja nethu vantha MD maathiri illa kekkuraaru?!? You can even replace MSV in Raja's Place. Alread an Indian MD that too from Chennai got 2 Oscars, Neenga MGR kaalathula irunthu irukkeenga, neengaLum yen try panna koodaathu nnu kettaa avarukku kovam/varutham varumaa varaathaa?!?

And coming back to that comparison part, i took that becos the question was asked keeping Rahman in mind, as he is the only one so foar who won Oscar. Now, even though i insisted my stand, that Raja is uncomparable with any,any MD, i never explained how or why. Discussion vera engayo pochu. I never explained or breiefed that. But just expressed my stand.

Aana athuku appuramum neenga mattum rombo sensible-a bayangara reasoning-oda post panra maathiri ungalaye neenga defend pannittu mathavangaloda posts-a ellaam dismiss panreengley?
Eventhough I repeatedly said there was nothing insulting about Rahman, in Raja's answers, and if you look deep, its only on Raja that you can laugh, appuramum avar ennamo insult pannitta maathiriye pesittu irunthaanga, thatswhy i reacted. I also highlighted the irritation passed on Raja, in each question. Athai ellaam yaarum consider e pannalai. For each, his own stand.

Ramakrishna
10th November 2012, 09:04 PM
director vikraman about arr n his melody song

watch rom 08:36

http://www.tubetamil.com/watch-cinema-videos/tamil-cinema-interviews/vj-dhil-interviewing-director-b-vikraman.html

Amazing share Anand,

At last something good in this thread.

The way he describes ARR's songs is really brilliant.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
10th November 2012, 09:09 PM
At max, Raja's reply to that Oscar question sounds only generic. He says there could be films that was not entered to Oscars which may be better than those in competition. Ithula enna thappu? Hollywood laye ippadi oru opinion sollappaduthu thaane?! Also, naan ethukku ivanga kitta poi nikkanum,nnu solrathula enna insult?? As if Rahman is the only Osar winner in the world maathiri illa kekkureenga?!? Oru veLai appadiye insult irunthaalum kooda that actually will apply tho all of the MDs who got Oscars, no?!

Recall, even on that Oscar Function, Raja highlighted how some hollywood composers had huge gap btw two oscars while Rahman got 2 at 1st attempt itself. He has no issues in accepting whatever talent Rahman has. Media & dumb fans, unnecessary provocation pannaama irunthaale pothum.

shylu65
10th November 2012, 09:15 PM
http://mtv.in.com/videos/episodes/play/unplugged-2-ye-jo-des-ar-rahman-12542.html#currentshow

Thank you, sir. I got all the videos :) It's a sheer pleasant treat! In fact, I first saw this link week ago or so. But today only came to thank you ;)

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
10th November 2012, 09:15 PM
Ending the argument with my fav ARR Song!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp95c6nqO24

Ramakrishna
10th November 2012, 09:19 PM
Sakala,
That was a totally unnecessary question from the interviewer. Avangalukku therinjathu avalothaan. The main objective of people like that is to create controversies Maybe, he didn't feel that IR is incomparable.

But, at the same time, Raja's answers looked suspicious to me. Ajay and others confirmed that it was targeted at ARR. Ungalukku appadi onnum thonala so you are defending. Ellaame fine. Enna, neenga solrathu engalukku convincing-a padala. Ipdi thaane Srinivas sonnathayum vechu unga side-la avara thittuneenga? Infact, IR's statement is more close to being explicit than that of Srinivas. Anyway, one can't be 100% sure about the intentions of what one says to the media. Everything is open to interpretations.

I think we have to agree that we all have different perspectives on this issue and move on. Itha naan samaathaana pura reason kaaga sollala. I am saying this because of the pointlessness of the whole argument.

A.ANAND
10th November 2012, 09:23 PM
Thank you, sir. I got all the videos :) It's a sheer pleasant treat! In fact, I first saw this link week ago or so. But today only came to thank you ;)

thanku sir..

sriramanvk
10th November 2012, 09:31 PM
sorry just one question to mr.sakala

if kamal is in rahaman's position and rajini responds like raja what will be your take?

Mahen
10th November 2012, 10:41 PM
At max, Raja's reply to that Oscar question sounds only generic. He says there could be films that was not entered to Oscars which may be better than those in competition. Ithula enna thappu? Hollywood laye ippadi oru opinion sollappaduthu thaane?! Also, naan ethukku ivanga kitta poi nikkanum,nnu solrathula enna insult?? As if Rahman is the only Osar winner in the world maathiri illa kekkureenga?!? Oru veLai appadiye insult irunthaalum kooda that actually will apply tho all of the MDs who got Oscars, no?!

Recall, even on that Oscar Function, Raja highlighted how some hollywood composers had huge gap btw two oscars while Rahman got 2 at 1st attempt itself. He has no issues in accepting whatever talent Rahman has. Media & dumb fans, unnecessary provocation pannaama irunthaale pothum.
To be honest, IR was not sincere in his comments..Face-le terinjirichi :) In fact he had the ' why the hell they called me ' expression throughout the show :lol2:

Sunil_M88
10th November 2012, 11:30 PM
My answers to Rahman Ji's questions:

I have not made a video but have tried to answer the questions anyway!

What is the first step in removing borders?

Everyone is born human, only later do they come across, race, culture and religion, hence the first step is to avoid to picking up differences. Music is the way forward in breaking barriers!

What makes you believe in Karma?

Life experiences have put a concrete belief over Karma for me! Although in reality, I believe for e.g. if you give happiness, don’t expect it in return and if someone causes you distress, then shower more love towards them. God will dish out Karma, so don’t think it’s in your hands otherwise you might just end up being a victim!

What is good music to you?

Music is music, there is no such thing as good music or bad music, however if you see everything in a positive light then all types of music can be appreciated for their real worth.

My definition of “good” music – The bottom line is you should be loyal to the listener inside you and not be biased towards any artist as some times underground compositions by one-off artists can be more evergreen then the whole discography of a mainstream artist. It all depends on how much the listener broadens their taste.

The top spot belongs to “Celtic Music” in my most favourite musical genre list. Times have changed and recently I have been hooked on to a lot of “Dubstep”, who knows what I’ll be favouring next?

What does it take to be human?

Compassion, live and let live and forgive and forget. Don’t let ego get in the way if you value a relationship.

What fuels your moral code? Culture, Faith or Law?

Faith! Firstly, have faith in the divine, then humanity and importantly yourself.

venkkiram
11th November 2012, 01:40 AM
ஆஸ்கருக்கான விருது தேர்வுகளுக்கு முன்பான பணிகள் எவ்வாறு நிகழ்கிறது? நாமினேஷனில் இருக்கும் சினிமாவின் ஒவ்வொரு துறையினையும் யார் ஆஸ்கருக்கு அனுப்புகிறார்கள்? சம்பந்தப்பட்ட கலைஞரே விண்ணப்பிப்பாரா இல்லை ஆஸ்கர்/படத்தின் தயாரிப்பாளார் பார்த்துக்கொள்ளுவார்களா? தெளிவுபடுத்துங்கள்.

ajaybaskar
11th November 2012, 03:07 AM
Venkki,

The academy consists of around 6000 members. These members may be artistes,technical guys, directors, composers. They will be asked to nominate their picks. And they can do this only for their respective departments. For example, ARR is a member of the academy and he can make his nominations only in the music category. Once the nominations from these 6k members are received, they are audited by an auditing firm. And top 5 ranked nominations are announced for each category. For best film category, the top 10 are considered.

The final voting is more or less the same like nomination process. Ballot papers are sent to these 6k and they have to vote based on preferential rating system. Again the results are audited by the same firm. This time, there will be only one or two from the firm who do the counting. And these two remain the only people who know the results before it is announced officially in the Kodak theatre.

ajaybaskar
11th November 2012, 03:09 AM
There are few rules too. The film should have released in the previous calendar year, it should have had a theatrical release, etc.

Sunil_M88
11th November 2012, 04:55 AM
http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/402/arrahman2.jpg

venkkiram
11th November 2012, 06:01 AM
Venkki,

The academy consists of around 6000 members. These members may be artistes,technical guys, directors, composers. They will be asked to nominate their picks. And they can do this only for their respective departments. For example, ARR is a member of the academy and he can make his nominations only in the music category. Once the nominations from these 6k members are received, they are audited by an auditing firm. And top 5 ranked nominations are announced for each category. For best film category, the top 10 are considered.

The final voting is more or less the same like nomination process. Ballot papers are sent to these 6k and they have to vote based on preferential rating system. Again the results are audited by the same firm. This time, there will be only one or two from the firm who do the counting. And these two remain the only people who know the results before it is announced officially in the Kodak theatre.

நன்றி அஜய். நீங்கள் சொல்வதைப் பார்க்கும் போது இசை என்ற துறையிலேயே தனது விருப்பமான ஒன்றைத் தேர்ந்தெடுக்க கணிசமான அளவு மெம்பர்கள் இருப்பார்கள் எனத் தோன்றுகிறது. அதுவும் உலகத்தின் ஒவ்வொரு நாடுகளிலும் வந்து (அமெரிக்காவில் இசை பயின்று) ஹாலிவுட் இசைப் பணிகளில் ஈடுபட்டுக்கொண்டிருக்கும் பல மனிதர்கள்.. ஆறாயிரம் மெம்பர்களில் இசைக்கென நூறு நூற்றைம்பது மனிதர்கள் இருக்கிறார்கள் என வைத்துக் கொண்டாலும் இவர்கள் இசை தெரிந்தவர்கள். உலக இசை வடிவங்களை ரசிக்கத் தேர்ந்தவர்கள். ஒவ்வொரு வருடத்திலும் அதிக எண்ணிக்கையினால் தேர்வு செய்யப்படும் நாமிநேஷன்கள், விருதுகள் ஓரளவிற்கு தரமானதாக இருப்பதால் தான், ஆஸ்கர் என்ற தரம் இன்றும் விழாமல் பதக்கப் பட்டியலில் முன்னிலையில் இருக்கிறது என நினைக்கிறேன்.

irir123
11th November 2012, 10:51 AM
Athey maathiri than Srinivas sonnathum. One can’t be sure what he really had in mind when he made that statement. But, neenga ellaam unga threads la atha discuss panni avara kalaaikaliyaa? Athey maathiri thaan Ajaybaskar senjathum. I also did not like when Ajaybaskar brought the issue here. But, enna panrathu? It is his right.

hello - cudnt help but notice you equating Srinivas with ARR and IR, in terms of giving credibility to his words

Srinivas yenna oru 30,000 songs paadiruppaaraa ?

yenna from 'sa' to 'sa' yezhu swarangalla Dr. M. Balamuralikrishna avargala vuda, sangeethathhula gyanam ulla maha vidhwan aa ?

summa pozhudhu pogaama facebook profile la vandhu dubakoor comment adikkara vettippaya - avvalavu thaan - he does not even qualify to be a decent chorus singer - andha rangela oru meritorious background vechhukittu ivaru, yedakku mudakku comment adichhaa, romba nalla edhirkaalam irukkara madhiri therla.

sari adhu avaroda thalai ezhuthu - yevan maathha mudiyum ?

idhey srinivas, naalaikku veru oru MD popular aanaal, appa popularlity pona MDs ai idhey polathhaan pesuvaaru - yenga oorla vaikkaporla oru praani paduthhu kidakkum - andha prani thaan gyabagam varudhu!

irir123
11th November 2012, 10:57 AM
sorry just one question to mr.sakala

if kamal is in rahaman's position and rajini responds like raja what will be your take?

actually, replace kamal with rajini and kamal responds like raja wud be more apt! how many times Kamal has been bombarded by questions from the media abt his box office status compared to that of Rajini ??

venkkiram
11th November 2012, 11:08 AM
IRIR, Why you show this much hatred on Srinivas? He is a hard code Rahman fan. He is into cine music because of Rahman. He knew Rahman very well than any other celebrity in Kodambakkam. Throughout his career so far, he encourages and involves melody part of music and he stands for it anytime. Just because he brought some controversial words, we do not need to bring down him to ground level.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
11th November 2012, 11:18 AM
Srinivas, in his FB page, posted a short review about NEPV, during its release. He said that Ennodu Vaa Vaa is a drishti parigaaram inthat album, and praised other songs. I commented him asking if he has guts to mention which songs are drishti parigaarams in ARR albums.

He replied me saying that he has the liberty of saying his comments directly to ARR.

I replied, intha dagaalti ellaam veNaam, can you publicly declare which song of ARR is drishti parigaaram, he deleted both his and my comment!

Meanwhile he said one song of NEPV has resemblance with ABBA ABBA. He deleted that too :lol:

Recently during IR's birthday, a mega size Cake was made with his pictures and placed in a Mall, some one invited Srinivas for that launch event and he came. Again some moron asked to sing a song on stage, and he sang an ARR song in an event meant for IR!

Even without all this, agree with irir123 that he is just a sumaar singer!

ajaybaskar
11th November 2012, 11:48 AM
Sakala,

While replying to Srinivas, why did you ask him to mention the 'dhrishti parigarams' of ARR when the comment was about NEPV songs? From where did ARR come into the discussion? Either you should have proved that his opinion was wrong or substantiated your claim,right? Sometime back you said that IR cannot be with ARR or any current MD. In this case, you have intentionally or unintentionally done exactly that.

If you say that you brought ARR because Srinivas is an ARR fan, then it's even worse. A typical 'Engaalu cycle'la light illamathaan varraaru, ungaalu cycle'eh illama varraaru' type of fan boyish reply.

Srini is not even being considered an above average singer by you. Then why even bother to follow him?

A.ANAND
11th November 2012, 12:29 PM
MOHANLAL ON ARR SONG IRUVAR Kannai Katti Kollathe

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=581915865171409

A.ANAND
11th November 2012, 12:32 PM
I was nervous to sing for ARR’NENJUKULLE' FAME SHAKTISREE GOPALAN

A few days ago, Nenjukulle..., a single from Mani Ratnam's Kadal, was premiered on television. And ever since, the voice behind the number, Shakthisree Gopalan's inbox has been flooded with congratulatory messages. "It still hasn't sunk in. The response to the song has been overwhelming, and I feel blessed to receive positive feedback from so many people," she smiles.

So, how did the song happen? "I've been singing backing vocals for A R Rahman for the past couple of years and have worked with him in films like Ghajini and Endhiran. A few months ago, I happened to be in his studio for some official work, and Rahman spotted me. Out of the blue, he asked me if I would like to sing for him. I always carry my demo CD with me, and I immediately thrust one in his hands. It contained some of my original compositions as well. He listened to them right away, and within a couple of hours, I found myself recording Nenjukulle...," she recalls.

Shakthi adds, "Even when I was singing the number, I thought it was just a scratch vocal. Usually, I practise before I go to record even the backing, but on that day, I had not even done the basic warm up. I was quite nervous when Rahman asked me to sing, and was surprised when he retained it!"

Tell her that her rendition have also been criticised for sounding westernised, and she says, "I've trained in Carnatic music for over 13 years, and I've also learnt western vocal for some months. I'm part of a rock band, and I also sing jazz. I've mixed influences, and that's probably reflecting in the way the song sounds."

Nenjukulle... is not the first filmi number that this architect-singer has sung. "My last hit was Makalaya... from Naan. I've also sung for G V Prakash and a few other musicians."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/regional/tamil/news-interviews/I-was-nervous-to-sing-for-ARR/articleshow/17169673.cms

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
11th November 2012, 12:55 PM
Sakala,

While replying to Srinivas, why did you ask him to mention the 'dhrishti parigarams' of ARR when the comment was about NEPV songs? From where did ARR come into the discussion? Either you should have proved that his opinion was wrong or substantiated your claim,right? Sometime back you said that IR cannot be with ARR or any current MD. In this case, you have intentionally or unintentionally done exactly that.

If you say that you brought ARR because Srinivas is an ARR fan, then it's even worse. A typical 'Engaalu cycle'la light illamathaan varraaru, ungaalu cycle'eh illama varraaru' type of fan boyish reply.

Srini is not even being considered an above average singer by you. Then why even bother to follow him?

I never follow him! But somehow his account was tied up to Raja Fans group. And its he who brought in ARR in his post! He said so "No one else here(in exception with ARR, who does it totally different) cud have done this!"

While no one one earth is waiting for Srinivas's review, i was irked that he brings ARR in to discussion. Thats why i too asked to list publicly, after that he brought in that abba abba comparision too. Thiruppi pesa enga kitta vishayamaa illai?! :) But he started deleting comments and so i left

A.ANAND
11th November 2012, 01:07 PM
My comments to some of your responses-ARR

http://www.facebook.com/notes/ar-rahman/my-comments-to-some-of-your-responses/434537259942652

SoftSword
11th November 2012, 07:23 PM
requesting thalaivar fans to put this issue to rest...

anand,
fantastic share, that vikraman interview..
and his song choice, minnalae... really oonai urukkum stuff!!
never knew this guy is also a ARR fan..

irir123
11th November 2012, 11:35 PM
IRIR, Why you show this much hatred on Srinivas? He is a hard code Rahman fan. He is into cine music because of Rahman. He knew Rahman very well than any other celebrity in Kodambakkam. Throughout his career so far, he encourages and involves melody part of music and he stands for it anytime. Just because he brought some controversial words, we do not need to bring down him to ground level.

venkkiram - avaru solra thoni sarilla - avlo thaan - oru 100 -200 paattu paadinaa, udaney yenna venumnaa pesirradhaa ?!

he maybe a hardcore fan of anyone - idhaiyey, naalaikku, oru IR fan, IR musicla naalu pattu paadittu, mattha MDs patthi indha madhiri pesinaa adhivum thappu thaan!

singers dont create - the creator is the composer - who himself his maintaining a dignified silence ! right ?

Roshan
12th November 2012, 12:48 AM
LM, I kindly request you to take necessary action and help sanity prevail in this thread. And I request all AR fans to stop arguing as it does not take anyone anywhere. Every statement/posts here and elsewhere speak for itself and for the person who writes, and one does not have to be a rocket scientist to understand things. I do not see any point in arguing, therefore.

A.ANAND
12th November 2012, 08:08 AM
pls anyone upload arr interview in jayatv on deepavali day.thalaivara interview panna vera aale kedakalaya??meendum chinmayee-ya??

SoftSword
12th November 2012, 03:43 PM
forgot to mention...
very good post irir... the one u posted on 9th!

satissh_r
13th November 2012, 05:38 PM
Super interview with thalaivar in Jaya tv today, his ideologies, his wit and above all his modesty all classy. Of the 5 directors that came on the show, he seemed to genuinely like Kadhir's passion and style of making. There were some nice snippets regarding some of his songs with them too. Chinmayi said there were so many people who looked up to him as a role model and some of them listen to no music at all, that for me shows why he is so special :notworthy: Personally I've learnt so much from him by just being a fan and following him for the past 20 years, I am sure I'll get influenced even more in the days to come. God bless you sir :-)

baba88
13th November 2012, 08:19 PM
i cant view the interview from europe. is gvm talking about his future films or about working with arr?

http://www.techsatish.net/2012/11/podhigai-tv-gautham-vasudev-menon-udan.html

ajaybaskar
13th November 2012, 08:59 PM
http://www.techsatish.net/2012/11/a-r-rahman-interview-in-jaya-tv.html

So his next hollywood project is "The Seventh Son"

lancelot
13th November 2012, 10:10 PM
i cant view the interview from europe. is gvm talking about his future films or about working with arr?

http://www.techsatish.net/2012/11/podhigai-tv-gautham-vasudev-menon-udan.html

The last two clips are blocked. May be they blocked them while i was watching the rest. :(

A.ANAND
13th November 2012, 11:43 PM
http://www.techsatish.net/2012/11/a-r-rahman-interview-in-jaya-tv.html

So his next hollywood project is "The Seventh Son"

dissapointing, not complete clips!director pravin kanth,krishna thalaivaroda pesum clips missing!

ajaybaskar
15th November 2012, 03:47 AM
It's been 15 years since my first private album came out... I could never do another album as a self expression like Maa Tujhe Salaam due to my film commitments and the journey of my life becoming unpredictable. But, it's always been interesting and challenging... Is it time for another one? - ARR

ajaybaskar
15th November 2012, 03:50 AM
dissapointing, not complete clips!director pravin kanth,krishna thalaivaroda pesum clips missing!

Now the video has been added

A.ANAND
15th November 2012, 10:30 AM
liked nityasree and praveen kanth question!

A.ANAND
15th November 2012, 10:31 AM
A year after Kolaveri Di, Rahman's song going viral

http://movies.ndtv.com/movie_story.aspx?section=Movies&Id=292220&keyword=entertainment%20top%20stories&subcatg=MUSICINDIA&nid=292220

SoftSword
15th November 2012, 04:06 PM
A year after Kolaveri Di, Rahman's song going viral

http://movies.ndtv.com/movie_story.aspx?section=Movies&Id=292220&keyword=entertainment%20top%20stories&subcatg=MUSICINDIA&nid=292220

etthayum etthayum compare panringa :evil:

A.ANAND
17th November 2012, 10:02 AM
to AR Rahman from BlaaZe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQpDkelhFj4

A.ANAND
17th November 2012, 10:17 AM
AR Rahman to launch a new private album?

Oscar-winning composer AR Rahman, whose first private album Vande Mataram met with overwhelming response in 1997, is contemplating launching of a new album.

The album's title song Maa Tujhe Salaam struck a chord with numerous listeners.

"It's been 15 years since my first private album came out... I could never do another album as a self expression like Maa Tujhe Salaam due to my film commitments and the journey of my life becoming unpredictable," AR Rahman posted on his Facebook page.

"But, it's always been interesting and challenging... Is it time for another one?" he added.

AR Rahman's Vande Mataram is said to be one of the largest selling Indian non-film albums to date.

The composer is known to have created lilting and memorable melodies for films like Roja, Dil Se..., Taal, Rang De Basanti, Guru and Rockstar. He won two Academy awards for his work in Danny Boyle's Slumdog Millionaire.

http://movies.ndtv.com/movie_story.aspx?Section=Movies&ID=292734&subcatg=&keyword=music&nid=292734

A.ANAND
17th November 2012, 09:18 PM
தேவையற்ற லக்கேஜ்களை தலையில் சுமக்கமாட்டேன்: ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மா
நான் ஒரு கருவிதான். என்னால்தான் எல்லாம் நடக்கிறது என்றோ, தேவையற்ற லக்கேஜ்களையோ தலையில் ஏற்றிக்கொள்ளமாட்டேன். வெற்றிக்காக குதிப்பதோ, தோல்விக்காக வருத்தப்படுவதோ இல்லை என்று ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான் கூறினார்.

நேற்று இல்லாத மாற்றம்...

தீபாவளி தினத்தில் ஊரெல்லாம் பட்டாசு கொளுத்திக்கொண்டிருந்த காலை நேரத்தில் ஜெயா தொலைக்காட்சியில் சிறப்பு நிகழ்ச்சியாக ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மானின் இசைப் பட்டாசு கொளுத்தினார்கள். பின்னணிப் பாடகி சின்மயி ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மானை பேட்டி கண்டார். அவருடன் பணியாற்றிய 5 இயக்குநர்கள் தங்களுடைய அனுபவங்களைப் பகிர்ந்து கொண்டனர்.

ஏ.ஆர் ரஹ்மான் நல்ல மனிதர்

இசை அமைப்பாளர் ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மானை மிகச் சிறந்த மனிதராக உணர்கிறேன் என்று கூறினார் இயக்குநர் வசந்த். ரிதம் படத்தில் ஏ.ஆர். ரஹ்மான் உடன் வேலை பார்த்த அனுபவங்களை பகிர்ந்து கொண்டார் வசந்த். இந்த பிறவியில் என்னை திறமையானவனாக கடவுள் என்னை படைத்தது என்னுடைய அதிர்ஷ்டம் என்று ரஹ்மான் ஒரு பேட்டியில் கூறியது தனக்கு பிடித்திருந்ததாக வசந்த் கூறினார்.

பக்குவமாக வாழ வேண்டும்

நியூ, அன்பே ஆருயிரே, படங்களுக்கு ஏ.ஆர். ரஹ்மான் இசை அமைத்த நிகழ்வை பகிர்ந்து கொண்டார் எஸ்.ஜே.சூர்யா. வாழ்க்கையை எப்படி பக்குமாக அணுகவேண்டும் என்பதை ஏ.ஆர் ரஹ்மானிடம் கற்றுக் கொண்டதாக கூறினார் இயக்குநர் எஸ்.ஜே. சூர்யா.

நட்புடன் இணைந்த இசை

காதல்தேசம், காதலர் தினம் படங்களுக்கு இசை அமைத்தவிதம் பற்றி இயக்குநர் கதிர் பகிர்ந்து கொண்டார். இதேபோல் இயக்குநர்கள் பிரவீண், கிருஷ்ணா ஆகியோர் ஏ.ஆர். ரஹ்மான் உடனான நட்பை நேயர்களிடையே பகிர்ந்து கொண்டனர். இதேபோல் பின்னணிப் பாடகி சித்ரா, பாடகர் ஸ்ரீனிவாசன், பாடகி நித்யஸ்ரீ மகாதேவன் ஆகியோர் ஏ.ஆர். ரஹ்மானிடன் கேள்விகளை கேட்டனர்.

புதிய பாடகர்களின் அறிமுகம்

பேட்டியின் போது ஓரு கேள்விக்கு பதிலளித்த ரஹ்மான், புது பாடகர்களுக்கு நான் வாய்ப்பு குடுத்தேன் என்பதை விட அவர்களிடம் இருந்து நான் என்ன எடுத்துக்கொள்கிறேன் என்பதுதான் முக்கியம் என்று கூறினார். புதிய குரலில் ஒரு பாடலை கேட்கும் போது அது ரசிகர்களுக்கு பிடிக்கிறது. இதுவே பாடலின் வெற்றிக்கு காரணம் என்றும் கூறினார்.

இன்னும் நல்லா இருந்திருக்கலாமோ?

கடிவாளம் கட்டிய குதிரையாகத்தான் என் வாழ்க்கைப் போய்க் கொண்டிருக்கிறது. நான் தந்தையாக, கணவனாக, மகனாக, சகோதரனாக சரியாக இருக்கிறேனா என்று தெரியவில்லை. இன்னும் நன்றாக இருந்திருக்கலாமோ என்று நினைத்திருக்கிறேன். என்னை விட என் பசங்க நல்லா படிக்கிறாங்க. குழந்தைகளுக்கு நாம் உதாரணமாக இருக்கவேண்டும் என்றும் கூறினார்.

லக்கேஜ் வேண்டாமே...

எப்படி இவ்ளோ புகழ் கிடைச்சும் ஆர்பாட்டம் இல்லாம அமைதியா இருக்கீங்க? என்று கேட்டதற்கு, என்னால்தான் எல்லாம் நடக்கிறது என்று நான் நினைக்கமாட்டேன். இந்த செயல் நடப்பதற்கு நான் ஒரு கருவியாக இருக்கேன் என்று மட்டுமே நினைப்பேன் என்றார் ரஹ்மான். தேவையற்ற லக்கேஜ்களை நான் சுமப்பதில்லை அதுதான் இந்த அமைதிக்குக் காரணம் என்றார்.

மனிதாபிமானம் முக்கியம்

ஆத்மாவை பின்னால் விட்டுவிட்டு நீ மட்டும் ஓடாதே. ஆத்மாவையும் சேர்த்துக் கொண்டு ஓடவேண்டும். மனிதராக பிறந்த ஒவ்வொருவருக்கும்

மனிதாபிமானம் மிகவும் முக்கியம். நம்மை யாரும் பார்க்கவில்லை. எனவே நாம் எதையும் செய்யலாம் என்று செய்யக்கூடாது.

நாம் செய்யும் ஒவ்வொரு செயலும் கண்காணிக்கப்படுகிறது என்பதை அனைவரும் உணரவேண்டும். அப்பொழுதுதான் யாரும் தவறு செய்ய நினைக்கமாட்டார்கள் என்ற செய்தியோடு தீபாவளி வாழ்த்துக்களை தெரிவித்து நிகழ்ச்சியை இனிமே முடித்தார் ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான்.

A.ANAND
19th November 2012, 11:20 AM
A.R. Rahman: Working On 'Swades' and guru

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThP7Uw28y-0&list=UUP5jpLJtIQmpL4wgAz4v7Kw&index=1&feature=plpp_video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wn4bIaswrtw&feature=BFa&list=UUP5jpLJtIQmpL4wgAz4v7Kw

A.ANAND
19th November 2012, 02:35 PM
A whole lotta Shakthi!

With 61,93,72 YouTube views and counting, A R Rahman’s ‘Nenjukulle’ for Mani Ratnam’s Kadal is making waves. Understandably, so is the girl who sang the song - Shakthisree Gopalan. Having just sung the title track of Shah Rukh Khan starrer — Jab Tak Hai Jaan, alongside Javed Ali, her career graph is soaring at the moment. With a barrage of praise flowing in on social networking sites, the singer admits that all this has left her “overwhelmed”. The 24-year-old says, “I knew the song was brilliant from the first time I heard.” She adds quickly, “But I had no idea that it was going to get this big!”

Add to that an anonymous fan on Facebook who has set up an elaborate fan page for her and a fictitious story about her and a lovestruck fan, on a blog. She still has her feet firmly placed on the ground though — Just to say thank you to all her friends and fans who voted, she stayed up all night to respond to every single post or comment that came her way. “If somebody is taking five minutes of their lives to appreciate my song, that was the least I could do,” she smiles.

It was only four years ago that she was introduced to her idol, A R Rahman. This was shortly after winning a television-based voice hunt conducted across the South that year. “One of the judges, Suresh Peters took me to his studio to meet him,” she recalls. “He was really nice. I remember one of the first things he asked was: ‘Pallakad ah?’” she laughs. But the more interesting part is yet to come. “I didn’t hear anything from the studio after that,” admits Shakthi.

Much later, the singer found herself in AM studios to record for a Tamil movie with a newcomer director. She remembers, “I was standing outside the studio and practising my portion when ARR Sir walked past me.” The singer goes on, “A little later, somebody came up to me and said: ‘Sir is asking for your number.’” A month later, she got a call to do the backing vocals for Ghajini. Shakthi confesses, “The thing is I was so excited that day, I gave them the wrong number!”

Since then, it’s been mostly backing vocals and the occasional Tamil film song – in movies like Taxi 4777, Rajadhi Raja and Vettaikaaran. This has been alongside her eclectic western music outfits, ranging from rock to jazz and easy melodies to unwind to. At the moment, the songstress who is an architect by day is composing a new single of her own that is set to release online shortly. Just how soon are we talking about? “In a week, hopefully,” she responds casually

“For now I just want to focus on my music and my architecture,” she states. “Every time I need to go to the studio and record, I just know. It’s a feeling - like when you know you have to take a vacation,” she adds with a laugh. From the sudden mass craze for Nenjukulle, it looks like there’s going to be a whole lot of vacations to come.

http://newindianexpress.com/cities/chennai/article1339661.ece

Sunil_M88
20th November 2012, 07:30 AM
Making Of JBL Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQoYAwXWWv8

Making Of JBL Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq7Ixf9phXU

Making Of JBL Part 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH1n_YXZLsI

A.ANAND
21st November 2012, 08:38 AM
Rahman in Love

You’ve probably heard a lot about Nenjukulle, the preview of a song from AR Rahman’s forthcoming soundtrack for Mani Ratnam’s December release Kadal. If you haven’t heard the song itself, in spite of the collective crush that sections of the Internet are harbouring for it, you must not be Tamil-speaking. Or possessed of a heart, I guess.
I’m kidding. This is pretty great, though, and if you follow this helpful guide to the Vairamuthu-written lyrics, with Tamil, English transliteration, and a rough English translation, you’ll probably be inclined to think so yourself. (Here is another good English translation.) Shakthisree Gopalan’s beautiful smooth-jazz voice has a lot to do with the success of this song; you probably missed her singing in Jab Tak Hai Jaan’s title track, given that the song appeared during the end credits, but queue it up if you haven’t heard it already, because she is a winner.
I’m still in two minds about the champagne-y concertina. I know this is rich coming from an unabashed fan of Rohail Hyatt’s work on Coke Studio Pakistan, but this MTV Unplugged set, where Rahman previewed the song to widespread surprise and delight, was a little too smooth and pleasantly-pitched for me. Rahman has always been a master manipulator of the pleasant pitch, but a wonderful thing about his best work is how he can surprise us — scratchy percussion here, an unexpected dip in a vocal there — even when he is lulling us into submission. What’s can a full orchestra do with Rehna Tu that the original soundtrack hasn’t already done? So as much as I’m enjoying this, I await Nenjukulle’s appearance on the soundtrack of Kadal, reportedly releasing on 23 November.
The heart of this song’s success, and the reason so many fans are calling it a “comeback” for Rahman (who I, personally, don’t think went anywhere), though, is its clean, waltzy melody; one of those instances when you understand why certain kinds of film music have endured for generations. My grandfather would have loved Nenjukulle just as much as a teenager in Madras does. Songs like this make me think about an early strand of Rahman criticism, which claimed that he was a synth merchant whose talents with machines were superior to his grasp of melody. This was really a laughable accusation to level at someone who debuted with the music of Roja, but now that we have two decades of his work on which to pronounce judgment, this becomes a little easier to refute.
I think there are times when Rahman doesn’t quite tell the stories he’s supposed to with his music -- this happened most recently on his soundtrack for Jab Tak Hai Jaan (my review). He’s sometimes described, even by fans, as a composer whose work has increasingly needed patience and repeated listening to get into, because he’s sacrificed spontaneity for textural complexity. But I’m also going to go ahead and propose that Rahman on form has produced some of the finest love songs of the last few years. Think of Rang de Basanti’s Tu Bin Bataye, or Ay Hairat-e-Aashiqui from Guru; my own favourite is the aforementioned Rehna Tu from Delhi-6, a strange, luminous thing sung by Rahman himself. These songs all fall well within the tradition of the epic Hindi movie love song, which has been a somewhat beleaguered genre in the last few years; but I don’t think any of Rahman’s contemporaries, even the talented innovators, could have pulled them off with quite the same grave resonance. And these are just the product of the recent, more gnomic years. This is the composer who gave us Kaadhal Rojaave and Uyire; his Yennavalae from Kaadhalan is enchanting even in the piped muzak form in which it plays over lunchtime customers at Saravana Bhavan in Delhi’s Janpath.
However, many of these have been duets, or male solos. This is much in keeping with the gendering of our movies. Rahman, you will have noticed, composes for a lot of movies that include happy women singing about their freedom and oneness with the universe -- does anyone have a word for this category? I’m stuck on “cool singing girl” — from his very first hit song, Minmini’s Chinna Chinna Aasai (Chhoti si Asha) in Roja, to Sujatha’s Poo Pookum Osai in Minsara Kanavu, transformed by Hema Sardesai as Aawara Bhanwarey Sapnay, to Neeti Mohan belting Jiya Re in last week’s Jab Tak Hai Jaan. But these are different from songs about love, which, while certainly not new to Rahman, are altogether fewer. So Nenjukulle doesn’t have as many predecessors as it might have had if it were sung by, say, Naresh Iyer. But it reminded me of at least one other great Rahman composition for a Mani Ratnam film, Sadhna Sargam’s Snehidane in Alaipayuthey (transmuted into the somewhat duller Chupke Se in Saathiya, Shaad Ali’s Hindi remake). Will it become as popular? Let’s give it another decade.

http://www.livemint.com/Opinion/PMN3mqKc3IHW7AUdojRmdJ/Rahman-in-Love.html

A.ANAND
21st November 2012, 08:38 AM
Rahman's music has stifled lyrics, says Karnad

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/bangalore/Rahmans-music-has-stifled-lyrics-says-Karnad/articleshow/17302929.cms

satissh_r
22nd November 2012, 12:41 PM
'வந்தே மாதரம்’ போன்றதொரு ஆல்பத்தின் பணிகளில் இப்போது ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான் பிஸி. 'மா துஜே சலாம்’ எனும் அந்த ஆல்பத்துக்காக இரவும் பகலும் உழைத்துக்கொண்டு இருப்பவர், ''அனைத்து ரசிகர்களையும் இந்த ஆல்பம் நிச்சயம் கவரும்'' என்கிறார் பூரிப்பாக. முதலில் இந்தியிலும் பின்னர் தமிழிலும் வெளியாகுமாம் 'மா துஜே சலாம்’. ரஹ்மான் துஜே சலாம்! (via ஆனந்த விகடன்) (via Twitter)

SoftSword
22nd November 2012, 04:00 PM
ivangalae peru vechu sorum vechuttaanga...
i don think the title is out yet...

A.ANAND
24th November 2012, 09:43 PM
Holy inspiration for AR Rahman

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Entertainment/Bollywood/Holy-inspiration-for-AR-Rahman/Article1-963313.aspx

lancelot
25th November 2012, 07:32 AM
BOOK YOUR TICKETS NOW!!!!!!

http://www.indianstage.in/events/ar_rahman_live_in_concert.html

A.ANAND
28th November 2012, 01:15 PM
A.R. Rahman playing the harpejji at his home studio in Los Angeles for National Geographic Traveler's iPad

http://vimeo.com/54337048

satissh_r
28th November 2012, 04:00 PM
Vishal Dadlani @V1SH4L on Twitter:

Watching Rahman's MTV Unplugged episode. What an absolute genius! Ranjit Barot too, and all the stellar musicians! Amazing!

Refreshing to see MDs have respect and interest in each others works, Vishal Sekhar :thumbsup:

Sunil_M88
28th November 2012, 05:36 PM
http://external.ak.fbcdn.net/safe_image.php?d=AQCk1cJXFdR-ST3C&url=http%3A%2F%2Fb.vimeocdn.com%2Fts%2F375%2F652%2 F375652040_1280.jpg&jq=100

A.ANAND
30th November 2012, 09:00 AM
ARrahman tweets:Someone sent me this photo :-)

http://twitter.com/arrahman/status/274329011700772864/photo/1

SoftSword
30th November 2012, 06:01 PM
http://www.vallinam.com.my/issue15/column4.html

old one, maybe a repost:

Vetriyin Seidhi - By Akilan

இன்றோடு சரியாக ஒரு மாதமாக, இரண்டு இசைத்தொகுப்புகள் என்னை தனது கட்டுக்குள் வைத்திருக்கிறது. மாறி மாறி ஒவ்வொரு நாளும் அவைகளைதான் கேட்கிறேன். ஒன்று இளையராஜாவின் ரமணா சரணம் சரணம் தொகுப்பின் பாடல்கள் மற்றது விண்ணைத் தாண்டி வருவாயா. விண்ணைத் தாண்டி வருவாயா, கொஞ்சம் ஸ்பெசல். காரணம் மறக்க முடியாத பழைய காதலை திரும்பவும் உயிர்தெழ செய்திருப்பதால். அந்தப் பாடல்களில் இருந்து மீள முடியாமலும் உள்ளேயே அடக்கிக் கொள்ள முடியாமலும், எனது மெல்லிய உணர்வுகளின் எல்லைவரை ஊடுருவி எனது இருப்பைக் கூட இல்லாமல் செய்ய முயற்சிக்கிறது. காதல் அறிந்தவர்களால் மட்டும்தான் அதை உணரமுடியும். அதிலும் வைரமுத்துவில்லாமல், செயற்கை வரிகள் இல்லாமல் முதல் முறையாக தமிழில் ஏ ஆர் ரஹ்மானின் இசையில் மேட்பூசில்லாத உணர்வுகளை அழகாகவும் ஆழமாகவும் சொல்ல முடிந்த இசைக் கவிதை.

மொத்த இசைத்தொகுப்பும் காதலிக்குத் தெரியப்படுத்த விரும்பும் ஒரு செய்தி. ஒவ்வொரு பாடலும் வாழ்வின் ஒவ்வொரு தருணம். அவருடைய புகழின் இத்தனை நெருக்குதலுக்குப் பிறகும், நாம் சுவாசிக்க சுத்தமாக அவர் தந்த பிராணவாயு. பாடல்கள் எல்லாமே குளிர் தேசங்களில் கம்பளி ஆடையணிந்த அழகிய காதலி நம்மை அணைத்துக்கொள்ளும் சுகம்.

ஏ ஆர் ரஹ்மானுக்குப் பிறகான இந்திய இசை, ஒலிவடிவமைப்பில் மிகப் பெரிய புரட்சியை இந்தியாவில் உண்டாக்கியிருக்கிறது. இல்லையென்றால் இன்றுவரை மிக்ஸிங், மாஸ்திரிங் போன்றவை நமக்கு விளங்கியிருக்காது. அது மட்டுமல்லாமல் மிக்ஸிங், மாஸ்திரிங் கூட இசையமைப்பில் ஒரு அம்சம் என்பதை நிரூபித்து காட்டியது அவர்தான். அதாவது அது இறுதிக்கட்டவேலை என்பதையும் தாண்டி, அது ஒரு கட்டுமானமாக இசையமைப்பில் முக்கியத்துவம் பெற்றது.

அவருடைய இசை ஞானம், வாழ்க்கை வரலாறு, இசை தொழில் நுட்ப ஞானம் என்று எல்லோரும் எவ்வளவோ பேசியிருந்தாலும், நான் அவருடன் பழகிய நாட்களில் காலத்தால் அழியாத சில விஷயங்களை நான் கிரகித்து கொண்டிருக்கிறேன். அது இதுவரை பலரும் பேசாதது. காரணம் இது மற்றவர்கள் அறியாததாகக் கூட இருக்கலாம். அவரின் வெற்றி அவருடைய இசைஞானத்திற்கு கிடைத்த வெற்றியென்பதைக் காட்டிலும், வெற்றிக்கான சில அத்தியாவசியக் குணங்களும் கோட்பாடுகளுமாக நாம் என்றென்றும் பேணவேண்டியவைகளுக்கான வெற்றி என்றுதான் தோன்றுகிறது. ஒவ்வொருவரின் வெற்றியும் ஒரு சேதி, இந்த உலகுக்கு, நிகழ்கால, எதிர்கால சமூகத்துக்கு. அதிலும் ஏ ஆர் ரஹ்மானின் வெற்றி, எல்லோருக்கும், முக்கியமாக இளைஞர்களுக்கு, வெற்றிக்கான நமது தேடலில், கனவுகளில், போராட்டங்களில் நமது வழிக்காட்டியாக சில அத்தியாவசிய விஷயங்களை சொல்லும் செய்தி. விரக்தியிலும் நம்பிக்கையின்மையிலும் இருக்கும் நமக்கு பல சமயங்களில் பிறரின் வெற்றி உண்மையான உழைப்புக்கான வெற்றியாகத் தோன்றாமல் போகலாம்.

ஏ ஆர் ரஹ்மானின் விசயத்தில் அதுவல்ல நிஜம். அதை ஓரளவேணும் நெருக்கத்தில் பார்த்து உணர்ந்து கற்றிருக்கிறேன். என்னுடைய வழியில் அவைகளில் சிலவற்றை வழித்துணையாக ஏற்றுகொண்டிருக்கிறேன் என்பதால் அதை இங்கு பகிர்ந்துக்கொள்ள நினைக்கிறேன்.

ஏ ஆர் ரஹ்மானின் மிகப் பெரிய சாதனையாகத் தமிழ் திரையிசையில் நான் பார்ப்பது, பாடல்களில் கவித்துவம் இவரால்தான் மீட்டுவரப்பட்டது. வரிகளால் மட்டும் தனித்து எந்தப் பாடலும் நிற்பதே கிடையாது. இசையால் மட்டும் தனித்து எந்தப் பாடலும் நின்றுவிட முடியும். நிகழ்கால நிஜம், இளையராஜா அவர்கள். ஆனால் இசையா வரியா என்று முடிவு செய்யவே முடியாத நிலையில் அந்தப் பாடல்கள் அடையும் உன்னதம், ஏ ஆரின் பாடல்களில் மட்டும்தான் பார்க்க முடியும். அந்த அளவு அவர் தாராளமாகவும், நிபுணத்துவமுடனும், பல்நோக்குப் படைப்பாளியாகவும் செயல்பட்டிருக்கிறார். அதுவரை இத்தகைய பல்நோக்குத் தளத்தில் யாரும் செயல் பட்டதே இல்லை.

மெட்டுக்களில் சில பகுதிகளை வரிகளுக்கேற்ப மாற்றவதும், வரிகள் சிதையா வண்ணம், மெட்டும் மாற்றப்பட முடியாத பட்சத்தில், பாடகர்களை மெனக்கெட வைத்து அந்த வரிகளை வெளிக்கொண்டுவருவதும், அவருடைய இசையை ரசித்தவர்களால் நிச்சயம் நினைவுக்கூற முடியும். அதிலும் அவருடன் பேசிய தருணங்களில் அவருடன் பணியாற்றிய சில பாடலாசிரியர்களின் போலித் தன்மைகளை முற்றிலும் வெறுத்திருக்கிறார். ஆனாலும் திரும்ப திரும்ப அவர்களுடன் பணிபுரிந்திருக்கிறார், பாடகர்களுடனும் கூட. பிற திறமைகளை எந்த மனத்தடையும் இல்லாமல் அங்கீகரித்திருப்பது, ஒரு வெற்றிக்கு தேவையானவற்றை உணர்ந்து அதை எந்த நிபந்தனைகளுமில்லாமல் ஏற்றுக்கொள்வது அவருடைய அடிப்படை இயல்பாய் இருந்திருக்கிறது. அவரிடமிருந்து அவருடைய பட்டறையில் இருந்து வெளியான இசையமைப்பாளர்கள் பலர், அதே சமயம் அவருடன் மீண்டும் வேலை செய்ய அந்த இசையமைப்பாளர்களுக்கு எந்த தயக்கமும் இன்றி வாய்ப்பளித்திருக்கிறார்.

ஏ ஆர் ரஹ்மானை நான் முதன் முதலில் பார்த்தது 2001இல். வார்னரின் சார்பாக இந்தியாவில் நான் சந்தித்த இசையமைப்பாளர்களில் முதல் முதலில் நான் சந்தித்த இசையமைப்பாளர் ஏ ஆர் ரஹ்மான். ஐந்து வருடங்கள் கழித்து அவர் தொடங்கிய அவருடைய முதல் இசை நிறுவனமான கே எம் மியூஸிகின் (KM MUSIQ) முதல் வெளியீடான வரலாறு (காட்பாதர்) திரையிசையை வெளியிடும் வாய்ப்பு எனது அகி மியூஸிக் நிறுவனத்திற்கு கிடைத்தது. அவரே அழைத்து கொடுத்த வாய்ப்பு. 2001-ஆம் ஆண்டு சந்திப்பிற்குப் பிறகு அவரை நான் நேரில் பார்த்ததே இல்லை. மின்னஞ்சல் தொடர்பு மட்டுமே. எந்த மின்னஞ்சலாக இருந்தாலும் நிச்சயமாக பதில் எதிர்பார்க்கலாம். சில சமயம் ஒரே வரியில் அல்லது வார்த்தையில் இருக்கும். ஆனால் நிச்சயம் பதில் வரும்.

உதாரணத்திற்கு, ‘எனக்கு மகன் பிறந்திருக்கிறான்' என்று, ஆகஸ்ட் 2004 இல் அவருக்கு மின்னஞ்சல் அனுப்பினேன். மறுநாள் முபாரக் (வாழ்த்துக்கள்) என்று பதில் வந்தது. இதற்கெல்லாம் அவர் மெனக்கெடமாட்டார், ஒரு வேளை யாராவது அவருடைய வேலையாட்கள் அனுப்பலாம் என்று சந்தேகம் அவ்வப்போது வரும். நவம்பர் 2005இல் அவரை கனடாவில் சந்தித்தப் போது, முதன் முதலில் என்னைப் பார்த்ததும், ‘ஹ்ம்.. வெயிட் போட்டுடீங்க, மகன் எப்படியிருக்கான்’ என்று கேட்டார். நான் கொஞ்சம் அதிர்ச்சியில் பார்த்தபோது அவருக்கு சந்தேகம் வந்து, ‘உங்களுக்கு தானே இடையில் குழந்தை பிறந்துள்ளதாக இ மெயில் அனுப்புனீங்க’ என்றார். அதுவரை அவர்தான் அவருடைய மின்னஞ்சல்களுக்கு பதில் அனுப்புகிறாரா என்ற சந்தேகம் தீர்ந்தது மட்டுமல்ல அன்று அந்த வாழ்த்து அவரிடம் இருந்து போலி பிம்பங்களுடன் வரவில்லையென்பதும் விளங்கியது.

அது மட்டுமன்றி, அகி மியூசிக் தொடங்கி நான் வெளியிட்ட இளையராஜாவின் குரு ரமண கீதம், மியூசிக் ஜெர்னி, திருவாசகம் என்று எல்லா குறுந்தட்டுக்களையும் அவருக்கு அனுப்பியிருக்கிறேன். எனது முதல் சந்திப்பின் போது எல்லாவற்றையும் நினைவில் வைத்திருந்து அவைகளின் வரவேற்பையும், விற்பனையும் கேட்டு கேட்டு தெரிந்து கொண்டார். எந்த உள் நோக்கமும் இன்றி, போலியாக பழகத் தெரியாதவர் ஏ ஆர் ரஹ்மான் என்பது எனக்கு விளங்கியது. ஆனால் அதையெல்லாவற்றையும் விட இந்தியில் கொடி நாட்டியப் பிறகும் வெற்றிக்கான வேட்கையும் எல்லையற்ற கனவுகளுடனும் இன்னமும் முதல் தேர்வு மாணவன் போல் ஆர்வமும் பதைபதைப்பும் உள்ள ஒரு உழைப்பாளி. பேச்சியின் இடையே கனடா தொலைக்காட்சியில் பதின்ம வயதில் உள்ளவர்களை அவர்களுக்கு பிடித்த இசையைப் பற்றிக் கேட்டபோது, திடீரென்று என் பக்கம் திரும்பி, ‘இவர்களைதான் (பதின்ம வயதினர்), நமது இசை சென்றடையனும். இவர்கள்தான் இசையின் விற்பனையின் பெரும்பகுதியை ஆக்கிரமித்திருப்பவர்கள், அடுத்தக் கட்டத்திற்கு கொண்டு செல்லக் கூடியவர்கள்', என்று சொல்லி தீவிர யோசனையில் கொஞ்ச நேரம் மூழ்கிப் போனார்.

நான் அவரை கனடாவில் சந்தித்த போது, ஒரு ஒலிப்பதிவு கூடத்தில் ரங் டீ பசந்தி (Rang De Basanti) மிக்ஸிங் வேலை, இன்னொரு ஒலிப்பதிவு கூடத்தில் மங்கல் பண்டேயின் (Mangal Pandey) இசைப் பதிவு, மற்றொரு ஒலிப் பதிவு கூடத்தில் வாஜி வாஜி சிவாஜி படப் பாடல். இத்தனையும் ஒரே சமயத்தில் அங்கு நடந்ததன் காரணம், லோர்ட் அப் தி ரிங் (Lord Of The Ring) மேடை நிகழ்ச்சியின் இசையமைப்பு வேலை அங்கு நடந்து வந்தது. இவ்வளவையும் நிபுணர்கள் கொண்டு செய்தாலும் அவர் தனிப்பட்ட முறையில் ஒவ்வொரு கூடமாக மாறி மாறி கவனம் செலுத்தினார். இத்தனைக்கும் நடுவில் காபி வேண்டும் என்றால் அவரே வெளியில் வந்து, காபி இயந்திரத்தில் காபி கலக்கி குடித்தார். இந்தியாவில் இருந்து வந்த அவரது சவுண்ட் இஞ்சினியர் ஆதி, வேலையை தொடர முடியாமல் களைப்பில் உறங்கிவிட்டார். விடியக்காலை நான்கு மணியிருக்கும். அவரை பார்த்து எந்த சலனமும் இல்லாமல் திரும்பவும் ஒலிப்பதிவு கூடம் நுழைந்து வேலையை தொடங்கினார். காலை 6 மணிக்கு அவர் தங்கும் இடத்திற்கு சென்றோம், நட்சத்திர ஹோட்டல் அல்ல, சாதாரண அறை. சாப்பிட்டது ரொம்பவும் சாதாரண இடம். ஹலாலா (Halal) என்று மட்டுமே பார்த்தார்.

சென்னையில் அவரை சந்தித்தபோது, ஏ எம் ஒலிப்பதிவுக் கூடத்தில் வரலாறு இசை வேலைகளில் இருந்தார், அப்போது வாலி அவருக்காக பஞ்சதன் ஒலிப்பதிவுக்கூடத்தில் காத்துக்கொண்டிருக்கிறார் என்று கேள்விப்பட்டதும், தனது அவன்சா காரை தானே எடுத்துக்கொண்டு அவசரமாக வந்து, சில்லென்று ஒரு காதல் படத்தின் பாடலில் தீவிரமானார். இசை வேலையைத் தவிர வேறெதுவும் பெரிதாக எதிர்பார்க்காத எளிமையான மனிதர். எளிமைதான் ஒரு மனிதனை உயர்வுக்கு கொண்டு செல்கிறது என்று எப்பொழுதும் படித்திருக்கிறோம், ஆனால் எது எளிமை என்பதை எனக்கு உணர்த்தியது நவீன யுகத்தின் இளைஞரான அவரை நான் பார்த்த நாட்கள்தான். இன்றைய இளைஞர்களுக்கு எளிமை என்பது இயலாதவனின் அல்லது இல்லாதவனின் வாழ்க்கை முறை என்ற எண்ணங்கள் உண்டு.

அதையெல்லாம்விட ஒரே மாதத்தில் ஐந்து படங்களுக்கு இடைவெளியில்லா உழைப்பு என்னை ஆச்சரியப்பட வைத்தது. இருந்தும் அவர் படங்கள் தாமதமாகிறது என்ற குற்றச்சாட்டுக்கு காரணம் அவருடைய வேலையில் அவர் எதிர்பார்க்கும் Perfection (தமிழில் சொல்லத் தெரியவில்லை - இறுதித் தரம்). நம்முடைய ஆட்டோகிரப் என்பது நமது வேலையில் இருக்கும் தரம்தான், அதுதான் நமது உண்மையான அடையாளம் என்பதை நான் கற்றுக்கொண்டது அங்குதான். வரலாறு படப் பாடலின் இறுதி மாஸ்தரிங் வேலைக்கு மட்டும் அவர் எடுத்துக்கொண்ட நேரம் நாம் பொறுமை இழந்துவிடும் அளவு நீளமானது. போதும் என்ற நிலையில் அந்தப் பாடலின் தரம் இருந்த பொழுதுக்கூட அவர் பொறுமையாக காட்டிய கவனம் எல்லையற்றது. யாரை கேட்டாலும் நமது உயர்வுக்கு உழைப்புதான் அடிப்படைக் காரணம் என்று சொல்வார்கள், நாம் அனுபவிக்காதவரையில் அந்த உண்மையான உழைப்புக்கு அர்த்தம் தெரியப்போவதில்லை.

இந்தப் perfection பற்றி சொல்லும்போது ஒரு விஷயத்தை கண்டிப்பாக சொல்லியே ஆகவேண்டும். அவர் லண்டனில் CBS Orchestraவுடன் இணைந்து அவருடைய பாடல்களை ஆர்கெஸ்டராவில் பதிவு செய்ததை வெளியிட கேட்டபோது, எந்த தயக்கமும் வெட்கமும் இன்றி அதில் எண்ட் கிரேடிட் மற்றும் சில அரேஞ்மெண்ட் சரியா இல்லை, அகிலன். அதை வெளியீடு செய்தால் தரமிருக்காது என்று நிராகரித்தார். அதாவது அவருடைய வெளியீடு எதையும் ரசிகர்கள் வாங்கும் நிலையில் இருக்கும் போது, தரத்திற்காக அதை நிறுத்தியதோடு அல்லாமல் அதை பத்திரிக்கைகளிலும் பகிரங்கமாக சொன்னார், ‘மேற்கத்திய செவ்வியல் இசையில் நான் கற்றுக்கொள்ளவேண்டியது நிறைய இருக்கிறது. அதில் நான் நிறைய தவறுகள் செய்திருக்கிறேன். அதனால் அதை வெளியிடவில்லை’ என்று. இங்கு அவர் தரத்தை பற்றி மட்டும் அக்கறைபடவில்லை, கரையில்லா (இசைப்) புகழை எதிர்பார்த்தது மட்டுமல்ல. எந்த நிலையிலும் அடக்கமும், மேலும் கற்றுக்கொள்ளும் மனப்போக்கும் கொண்டிருந்தார்.

இதையொட்டி வேறொரு சம்பவத்தை நினைவுக்கூர வேண்டும். அவருடைய கஜினி இந்தி இசை வெளியானப் பிறகு, அதன் ஒலிப்பதிவில் குறிப்பாக மாஸ்டிரிங் நிலையில் ஒரு குறைப்பாடு என்னை தொந்தரவு செய்துக்கொண்டேயிருந்தது. என்னால் பாடலின் உள் செல்ல முடியவில்லை. அதை குறை என்று கூறும் தைரியமும், அதை நிரூபிக்கும் ஞானமும் திறனும் எனக்கில்லை என்று தெரியும். ஆனால் ஒரு தேர்ந்த இசை ரசிகனாக (ஆணவமாக சொல்லவில்லை, எனக்கிருக்கும் நம்பிக்கையில் சொல்கிறேன்) இதில் நிச்சயம் குறையிருக்கிறது, அதுவே இந்தப் பாடலை நெருங்க மிகப்பெரிய மனத்தடையையும் (இல்லை செவித்தடையை என்று சொல்லலாமா?) எனக்கு ஏற்படுத்துகிறது என்பதும் எனக்குத் தெரியும். அதிலும் அது மாஸ்டிரிங் நிலையில்தான் நடந்திருக்கிறது என்றும் உணர முடிந்தது. அவரிடம் சொல்லவேண்டிய அவசியமில்லை. ஆனால் இதுநாள் வரை பழகிய காரணத்தால் சொல்ல வேண்டும் என்று ஓர் உந்துதல். அப்படி நான் சொல்லி அது என்னுடைய இசை ரசனையில் உள்ள குறை என்றால், அல்லது அவருடைய ஈகோவை நான் சீண்டிப்பார்ப்பது போல் இருந்தால்...? அது நட்பை முறிக்கலாம்.

பலவாறு யோசனைக்கு பிறகு அதை அவருக்கு தெரியப்படுத்தினேன், மின்னஞ்சல் வாயிலாக. தயங்கியபடியே நான் உணர்ந்த குறைகளை சுட்டிக் காண்பித்தேன். மறுநாளே அவரிடமிருந்து பதில். “வெறுமனே பாடல்கள் நன்றாக இருக்கிறது என்ற புகழ்ச்சிகளைத் தவிர இதுபோன்ற எதிர்வினைகள் தான் எனக்கு வேண்டும். நான் மிகவும் வரவேற்கிறேன் உங்கள் கருத்தை. இப்படியான தவறுகளை எழுத தயங்க வேண்டாம்’, என்று எழுதியதோடு ‘நான், நீங்கள் குறிப்பிட்டிருப்பதை கவனிக்கிறேன்’ என்றும் உற்சாகம் ஊட்டினார். கஜினி படம் வரை வெற்றி அடைந்தவரின் பதில் அல்ல இது. புதிதாக இசைத்துறையில் கால் வைத்திருக்கும் ஒரு பிரபலமில்லாத நபரின் வார்த்தைகள் போல் இருந்தது. அந்த மின்னஞ்சல் என்னால் மறக்க முடியாத தடங்களை விட்டு சென்றது. எவ்வளவு உயரத்தில் இருந்தாலும், தவறு இயல்பு என்ற ஆணவமின்மையும், தவறை திருத்திக்கொள்ள முன்வருவதும் சாதாரண விஷயமல்ல. அதிலும் பெரிய விஷயம் என்னைப் போன்று பிரபலமில்லாத, நிபுணத்துவம் அற்ற ஒருவனுக்கு செவி சாய்ப்பது சாதாரண ஒரு குணமல்ல. யாரையும் வயது வரம்பின்றி மதிக்கும் குணம் எல்லோரிடமும் பார்த்துவிட முடியாது. இதே போன்றதொரு அனுபவம் எனக்கு இளையராஜாவிடமும் ஏற்பட்டிருக்கிறது. காலத்தால் அழியாத புகழ் பெறும் எந்த ஒரு மனிதனும் நவீன உலகம் பல சமயங்களில் நமக்கு சொல்லித்தருவது போல் நற்குணங்களுக்கு எதிர்மறையாக இருக்க வாய்ப்பில்லை என்றுதான் நினைக்கிறேன். போலியானவர்கள் யாராலும் இளையராஜா, ஏ ஆர் ரஹ்மான் போல் காலத்தால் அழியா புகழை அடைந்திடவே முடியாது.

இந்த தன்னியல்புகள் மட்டுமல்லாது, நிர்வாகத்திறன் நிரம்பக் கொண்டவர், ஏ ஆர் ரஹ்மான். அவரின் இன்றைய உயரத்திற்கு, அவரது உழைப்பு மட்டுமல்லாது, அவரது நிர்வாகத்திறன் குறிப்பிட்டு சொல்லப்பட வேண்டிய ஒரு விஷயம். உழைப்பும் திறமையும் மட்டுமே வெற்றியின் வாசல்களை நெருங்க உதவாது என்பதற்கு அவர் ஒரு சான்று. அவருடைய அலுவகத்திலும், ஒலிப்பதிவு கூடத்திலும் ஒவ்வொரு டிபார்ட்மெண்டும் ஒவ்வொருவர் மேற்பார்வையில் விடப்பட்டிருக்கும். ஒலிப்பதிவு சார்ந்த டிபார்ட்மெண்டுக்கு ஒருவர், இசை கலைஞர்கள் சார்ந்த டிபார்ட்மெண்டுக்கு ஒருவர், பத்திரிக்கை மற்றும் வெளிநபர்கள் தொடர்புக்கு ஒருவர் என்று எல்லாவற்றுக்கும் ஒவ்வொருத்தர் இருப்பார்கள். இசை வெளியீடுகள் பற்றிப் பேச வேண்டும் என்றால் ஒருவர், சட்டம் பேச ஒருவர் என்று அது மிகப்பெரிய நிறுவனம்போல் இருக்கும். அவர்கள் எல்லோருமே அற்புதமான மனிதர்கள். அதிலும் அவரது ஆஸ்தான சவுண்ட் இஞ்சினியர் சிவக்குமார் அற்புதமான நண்பர். அவரது வெளிநாட்டு தொடர்புகளை கவனித்த கணேஷங்கர் இன்னொரு அற்புதமான மனிதர். ஆதி, கார்த்திக், நியோல் இப்படி எல்லோரையும் நான் நினைவு வைத்து குறிப்பிடும் அளவுக்கு அந்த நிர்வாகம் இளைஞர்களால் குஷியாக ஒரு குடும்பம் போல் மேற்பார்வை செய்யப்படுவதுதான். இந்திய சினிமாவில் இசையை ஒரு தனி நிறுவனமாக அவர் சாதித்துக் காட்டியிருப்பது, யாரும் இதுவரை இந்தியாவில் கற்பனை செய்ய முடியாதது.

சொந்த இணையத் தளம் வைத்திருக்கிறார், facebook இல் அவரே பதில் எழுதுகிறார், நன்றி சொல்கிறார், பேசுகிறார். தன்னை இந்த தகவல் தொழில்நுட்ப யுகத்தில் எப்படி ப்ரோமோட் செய்துக்கொள்வது என்று தெரிந்த ஒரு தேர்ந்த நிர்வாகி என்று சொல்லலாம். அதுமட்டுமன்றி, இதன் வாயிலாக இடையில்லா தொடர்பை தன் ரசிகர்களுடன் உருவாக்கியிருக்கிறார். ஒரு சாதாரண மனிதன் ஒரு சக நண்பனுடன் உரையாடிக்கொள்வதுப்போல அதை முன்னெடுத்திருக்கிறார். பிரபலத்தில் இருந்து கொண்டு, தன் ரசிகர்களை நெருக்கத்தில் பார்க்கும் போது, நமது குறைகள், நிறைகள் நம்மால் உணரமுடிவது மட்டுமல்லாது, நமக்கான ஒரு தனித்துவமிக்க சந்தையை இன்னும் விரிவுப்படுத்தி அதை உறுதியுடன் பேணுவது உலகத் தரம். இன்றைய தொழில் நுட்ப யுகத்தில் அது மிக எளிதில் சாத்தியமாகக்கூடியது என்றாலும் அதை பலரும் பொருட்படுத்துவது இல்லை.

எனது ரசிகர்கள் தயவு செய்து கள்ளப் பதிப்புகளை வாங்காதீர்கள் என்று பொது மேடையில் (விருது நிகழ்ச்சியில்) இளையராஜாவுக்கு பிறகு பகீரங்கமாக பேசிய ஒரே இசையமைப்பாளர் இவர் என்று நிச்சயமாக சொல்லலாம் (இளையராஜா அதற்கு முன்னமே ராஜாங்கம் என்ற அவருடைய இணையத்தளத்தின் வாயிலாக அதை செய்திருக்கிறார்). வேறு இசையமைப்பாளர்கள் எவரும் இப்படி பகிரங்க அறிவிப்பை கள்ளப்பதிப்புக்கு எதிராகக் கொடுத்ததில்லை. கள்ளப்பதிப்புக்கு எதிராக ஒரு விழிப்புணர்வு ஏற்படுத்தும் பொருட்டு ஒரு கலை நிகழ்ச்சியை இலவசமாக மலேசியாவில் நடத்த நான் திட்டமிட்ட போது, இலவசமாக கலந்து கொள்ள சம்மதம் தெரிவித்தார், ஏ ஆர் ரஹ்மான். (ஆனால் அதை என்னால் செய்ய முடியாமல் போனது வேறு விஷயம்). தன்னை மட்டும் பிரதானப் படுத்தாமல் தான் சார்ந்திருக்கும் துறைக்கும் அந்தத் துறையில் உள்ளவர்களுக்காகவும் எந்தப் எதிர்பார்ப்பும் இல்லாமல் நல்ல விஷயத்திற்கு உதவ முன்வருவது அவருக்கு பழகிய ஒன்று. இது ஒருவகையில் வியாபார எதிக் (ethic). தன் தொழிலின் மீது, தான் விரும்பும் ஒரு துறையின் மீதுள்ள அன்பின், மக்களின் மீது அல்லது பயனீட்டாளர்கள் மீதான அக்கறையின் காரணமாக, எந்த நிலையிலும் தன்னையும் தான் சார்ந்துள்ள தொழிலையும் அல்லது துறையும் தவறான வழிக்குக் கொண்டு சென்றுவிடக்கூடாது என்று நினைப்பவர்களால் மட்டுமே பேணப்படும் துறை சார்ந்த ஒழுக்க நெறி. அது எல்லா துறையிலும் உண்டு. இசைத்துறைக்கும் உண்டு என்று அவரிடம் நான் தெரிந்துக்கொண்டேன்.

எவ்வளவு உழைப்பும், நிர்வாகத்திறனும் இருந்தாலும், நம்மை பிரகடனப் படுத்துவது மிகவும் அத்தியாவசியமானது என்பது நான் ரொம்பவும் தாமதமாக உணர்ந்தது. அது நம்மை பிரபலப்படுத்தும் முயற்சியோ அல்லது தற்பெருமை தேடிக்கொள்வதோ இல்லை. மாறாக நம்மை துடிப்புடன் செயல்படவும் அடுத்த அடுத்த கட்டத்திற்கு நம்மை தயார் செய்து கொள்ளவும் உதவும் ஒரு மாபெரும் கருவி. அது பல சமயங்களில் நம்மை பற்றி மட்டுமல்லாது நமது நம்பிக்கையையும் மக்களிடம் கொண்டு சேர்க்கும் ஒரு செய்தி (MESSAGE). இந்தப் பிரகடனப் படுத்துவது என்பதே பல பக்கங்கள் எழுதக்கூடிய ஒரு விஷயம், அதாவது இசைத்துறையில். அதை வேறொரு சமயம் நான் எழுதுகிறேன்.

இதையெல்லாம் விடவும் என்னுடைய இந்த பயணத்தில் எனக்கு முக்கியமாக இருக்கும் விஷயங்களில் மூன்று அவருடைய அனுபவத்தில் இருந்து அவர் என்னிடம் இறக்கி வைத்தது. அது யாருகெல்லாம் போய் சேர்ந்ததோ தெரியாது, ஆனால் எனக்கு பல மந்திரங்களில் இவைகளும் முக்கியமானதாகிப் போனது.

முதலாவது...

அவரிடமிருந்து வரலாறு (காட்பாதர்) இசை ஆல்பத்தை வாங்கிய போது, நான் இதில் வெற்றி பெற என்னை வாழ்த்தி அனுப்புங்கள் என்றேன். அதோடு, “நான் இசைத்துறைக்கு வந்த போது, இன்றைக்கு இசை துறையென்பது மடிந்துபோன ஒன்று, நான் முட்டாள்தனமாக இதில் இறங்கியிருக்கிறேன் என்று பார்க்கிறவர்கள் பழகியவர்கள் எல்லோரும் சொல்கிறார்கள், எனக்கே சில சமயம் சந்தேகம் வரும்படி செய்துவிடுகிறார்கள்’ என்றேன்.

கொஞ்சம் சீரியஸானவர், ‘நான் விளம்பரங்களுக்கு இசையமைத்துகொண்டிருந்தபோது என்னையும் இப்படிதான் சொன்னார்கள். இப்படியே காணாமல் போய்விடுவேன்' என்று சிரித்திருக்கிறார்கள். நீயெல்லாம் எங்கே முன்னுக்கு வரமுடியும் என்று பேசியிருக்கிறார்கள். இன்றைக்கு நான் எங்கிருக்கிறேன்? உண்மை, உழைப்பு, நேர்மை. இதுதான், அகிலன். இந்த மூன்றும் இருந்தால் யாருடைய வாழ்த்தும் தேவையில்லை. நாம் முன்னுக்கு வந்திடலாம். எந்த சூழ்நிலையிலும் இந்த மூன்றை மட்டும் கைவிட்டுடாதீங்க. இந்த உண்மை, உழைப்பு, நேர்மையை பல சமயங்களில் படித்தும், கேட்டும், சினிமாவில் பார்த்தும் இருப்பதுதான். ஆனால் தன்னுடைய வாழ்வின் கசப்பான அனுபவங்களின் ஊடாக இன்று அவர் அடைந்திருக்கும் வெற்றிக்கு கொஞ்சமும் யோசிக்காமல் பட்டென்று அவரால் இதை மட்டும்தான் சொல்ல முடிகிறதென்றால், எவ்வளவு ஆழமாகவும் உறுதியாகவும் இதை அவர் நம்ப வேண்டும் என்று அன்று நான் உணர்ந்தேன். ஆழமான, உறுதியான நம்பிக்கையின் வாயிலாக வரும் எந்த வார்த்தையும் உண்மையானதாகவும் சக்தியுள்ளதாகவும் இருக்கும்.

இரண்டாவது...

ஆஸ்காருக்கு முன்பு, 20/1/2009.

‘நான் வாழ்க்கையை போஸிட்டீவாக எடுத்துக்கொள்கிறேன். எவ்வளவு பெரிய மன உளைச்சலுக்கு நாம் ஆளானாலும் அதன் பிறகு சர்வ நிச்சயமாய் ஒரு பெரிய நன்மை நடந்தே தீரும் என்று நம்புகிறேன்.’ மிகப்பெரிய மன உளைச்சலில் நான் இருந்த தருணம் மலேசியாவின் ஸ்டார் ஆங்கில பத்திரிக்கையில் வெளியானது இந்த பேட்டி. அவருடைய இசை ஆஸ்காருக்காக பரிந்துரைக்கப் பட்டதற்காக அவர் சொன்னது.

மூன்றாவது...

ஆஸ்காருக்கு பின்பு 23/2/2009

'என் வாழ்க்கை முழுவதும் அன்பையும் வெறுப்பையும் நான் எதிர்கொண்டிருக்கிறேன். நான் அன்பை தேர்ந்தெடுத்தேன்... இங்கு இருக்கிறேன்'. ஆஸ்கார் மேடையில் சொன்னது.

இது திட்டமிட்ட வார்த்தைகள் அல்ல, ஒத்திகைப் பார்த்து வந்ததல்ல என்பது, அவருடன் பழகியவர்களால் மட்டுமே உணர முடியும். இவைகள் அனைத்துமே உண்மையான வெற்றியின், புகழின் திறவுகோள்கள். நம் வாழ்க்கைப் பயணத்தின் வழிக்காட்டிகள்.

ajaybaskar
30th November 2012, 06:54 PM
One thing that caught my eyes.. He has given opportunities to people who went on to become composers from his team. Ranjit Barot,Suresh Peters,Pravin Mani,etc.

SoftSword
30th November 2012, 06:58 PM
kooda irukkavangala valara vidradhu avaroda kadamai... adhula perumai pada onnum illa imo...
what caught my eye was: his withdrawing that particular substandard(by his standards) album release...

littlemaster1982
30th November 2012, 07:15 PM
Good one SS :thumbsup:

ajaybaskar
30th November 2012, 07:49 PM
kooda irukkavangala valara vidradhu avaroda kadamai... adhula perumai pada onnum illa imo...
what caught my eye was: his withdrawing that particular substandard(by his standards) album release...

Agreed. But what I meant was he gave them chances even after they set up their own shops. Not many do. :)

SoftSword
30th November 2012, 11:06 PM
oh that way??
adhu correct dhaan...

A.ANAND
1st December 2012, 01:26 PM
softu ayya,ippathan urupadiya oru nalla post pottu irukeenga!thanks!

Mahen
1st December 2012, 03:04 PM
:lol:...

SoftSword
3rd December 2012, 04:32 PM
softu ayya,ippathan urupadiya oru nalla post pottu irukeenga!thanks!

mikka nanri for ur encouragement boss...

ajaybaskar
5th December 2012, 08:40 PM
www.qyuki.com

ajaybaskar
7th December 2012, 09:13 AM
A rumour floating around in the net world:

ARR is composing for Vasanthabalan's next.

Parthyy
7th December 2012, 11:32 AM
www.qyuki.com

Part of This was developed by Software Team of Our Company

A.ANAND
7th December 2012, 12:07 PM
Music maestro AR Rahman paid R 3.41 crore for Bhopal show

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/regional/tamil/news-interviews/Yet-another-A-R-Rahman-single-on-10th-Dec/articleshow/17517492.cms

Roshan
8th December 2012, 06:41 PM
One thing that caught my eyes.. He has given opportunities to people who went on to become composers from his team. Ranjit Barot,Suresh Peters,Pravin Mani,etc.

Three things caught my eyes "ஆனால் இசையா வரியா என்று முடிவு செய்யவே முடியாத நிலையில் அந்தப் பாடல்கள் அடையும் உன்னதம், ஏ ஆரின் பாடல்களில் மட்டும்தான் பார்க்க முடியும். அந்த அளவு அவர் தாராளமாகவும், நிபுணத்துவமுடனும், பல்நோக்குப் படைப்பாளியாகவும் செயல்பட்டிருக்கிறார். அதுவரை இத்தகைய பல்நோக்குத் தளத்தில் யாரும் செயல் பட்டதே இல்லை" - This spoke my mind.

And the other was not agreeing to release the substandard album.

And the 3rd one is his response to Akilan for his feedback regarding Gajini song. It really made me 'think'.

Thanks for posting this SS. I have saved it.

A.ANAND
8th December 2012, 07:47 PM

Itha solliye aaganum![SS sir, nalla maati kitteenga]

adress theriyama naalu peru kitta kekalaam innu pona,ennamo peya paatha mathiri thala therikka odara intha kaalathula,

than kuda ullavanukku vali kaatina,'enggada ivan namakke aapu vechuduvaannnu'othinggi pora intha kaalathula,'ithu avaroda kadamai potteengale oru podu'!tzunami-la neenga ul neechal potta mathiri iruku..

ippa irukira kaala kattathila than kuda irukaravaranai-yum thooki vidanum-ngathu ellam satharana vishayam illa!punniyam sir athu..

sambathichatha koyil undila kotti punniyam thedarathu ellam sutta watste!naalu pera thooki vidaravan kadavulukku samam!.......mmm...enake muchu vangguthu!

ajaybaskar
8th December 2012, 07:56 PM
Engalukkumthaan :)

A.ANAND
8th December 2012, 08:16 PM
Ungalukumma!

SoftSword
10th December 2012, 06:12 PM
i agree ippo ulagam apdi illa... but naan kadamai'nu sonnadhu.. oru normal human being'oda kadamai...
normal human being'kae adhu kadamai'naa... nammalukku idhellaam oru credit'aave pesa koodaadhu...

A.ANAND
12th December 2012, 09:13 AM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=226060824123908&set=a.111867905543201.12619.111857292210929&type=1&theater

Scale
12th December 2012, 10:26 AM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=226060824123908&set=a.111867905543201.12619.111857292210929&type=1&theater

Please release the entire collection :)

satissh_r
13th December 2012, 03:22 PM
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4Iq1L9qqF_bVHVRQWNxZk1HUW8/edit

ajaybaskar
13th December 2012, 04:50 PM
Craig Armstrong/AR Rahman's soundtrack - STORM - Used in Man of Steel Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-7GoyusdtQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVu3gS7iJu4

Sunil_M88
13th December 2012, 09:53 PM
A.R. Rahman Mixes Part. 1 (https://soundcloud.com/sunilmalhotra/a-r-rahman-mixes-part-1)

1. "Mehndi Hai Rachnewali" from "Zubeida" vs "Empire State of Mind (Part II) Broken Down" from "The Element of Freedom" by Alicia Keys.

2. "Urvasi Urvasi" from "Kadhalan" vs "Find Your Love" from "Thank Me Later" by Drake.

3. "Chalo Chale Mitwa" from "Nayak" vs "21 Seconds" from "They Don't Know" by So Solid Crew.

4. "Khwaja Mere Khawaja" from "Jodhaa Akbar" vs "Everything at Once" from "Two" by Lenka.

5. "Pappu Can't Dance" from "Jaane Tu... Ya Jaane Na" vs "Bonkers" from "Tongue n' Cheek" by Dizzee Rascal.

A.ANAND
14th December 2012, 06:03 AM
A.R Rahman's son gives debut performance at CIFF

.Chennai, Dec 13 (IANS) Oscar-winning Indian composer A.R Rahman's son Ameen gave his first public performance at the opening ceremony of 10th Chennai International Film Festival (CIFF) here Thursday.

The 10-year-old Ameen performed a short medley on the piano from Mani Ratnam's "Roja" to a full house here, while students from Rahman's KM music conservatory also entertained with exhilarating performances.

Members from KM foundation choir performed "Al Maddath Maula" from Aamir Kan starrer "Mangal Pandey" and two of Rahman's greatest Tamil hits from "Thiruda Thiruda" and "Kadhalan".

The event was led by Tamil actress Suhasini Maniratnam along with Tamil actor R. Sarath Kumar, president, South Indian Artists Association and Tamil director Ameer and cinematographer S.P Jananathan.

Speaking at the event, Sarath Kumar said: "This event wouldn't have been possible without the support of Tamil Nadu government and the relentless effort of Suhasini and her team".

"We've requested the state government to sanction us funds to have separate screening theatres to organize film festivals and encourage the development of arts," he added.

The eight-day long event will screen 154 films from over 50 countries. Out of the 154 films, 12 Tamil, 9 Indian panorama and 133 foreign films will be screened.

The 12 Tamil films will compete in a special category competition to be judged by Veteran Tamil actor Sivakumar, cinematographer B.R Vijayalakshmi and national award winning Tamil director A. Sarkunam.

The winners will receive trophies from megastar Amitabh Bachchan on Dec 20. The opening film of the festival was French drama "Amour".

http://in.omg.yahoo.com/news/r-rahmans-son-gives-debut-performance-ciff-182028623.html

A.ANAND
14th December 2012, 06:12 AM
AR Rehman's Son ARR Ameen's Debut Performance at 10th CIFF Inauguration

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTbLbYHIb6o&sns=tw

A.ANAND
17th December 2012, 07:54 AM
rare thalaivar foto

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150314833933815&set=a.10150314833463815.365918.268172318814&type=1&theater

A.ANAND
17th December 2012, 08:00 AM
Music Review: Kadal

And the magicians are back! Music genius A.R. Rahman gives his best for a Mani Ratnam and Kadal is nothing less than a musical treat. The duo has once again taken Tamil film music to the next level. Here we take a look...
The album begins with the soft and serene 'Chitirai Neela' rendered in the soulful voice of Vijay Yesudas. Vairamuthu's magical words have further uprised the emotions. This song is about a new born baby's cry... Then comes the gospel-styled 'Adiye' sung by Sid Sriram. Madhan Karky's lyrics are soulful and Rahman gives a new touch to this choir like track. Abhay Jodhpurkar and Harini have rendered the soft haunting melody 'Moongil Thottam' with supreme confidence while the man himself, Rahman, has sung the mond blowing 'Elay Keechan' which takes music to next level. Nobody expect Rahamn could think of adding such elegance to this country styled fishermen track.
And finally here we have the whimsical 'Nenjukkule' sung by A.R. Rahman and Shakthisree Gopalan. This song, which was premiered at the MTV Unplugged, is already a viral hit. It is pure magic indeed. Rahman has roped in Chennai Chorale for the choir-ish 'Anbin Vaasale' crooned by Haricharan. The album ends with the refreshing 'Magudi Magudi' in the electrifying voices of Aaryan Dinesh, Chinmayee and Tanvi Shah.
Mani Ratnam-Rahman never fails, and we agree that. This album is a pure magic.

http://www.galatta.com/tamil/news/music-review-kadal/65562/

A.ANAND
17th December 2012, 08:02 AM
KADAL MUSIC REVIEW

http://www.musicaloud.com/2012/12/14/kadal-music-review-tamil-movie-soundtrack/

satissh_r
19th December 2012, 02:13 PM
"Highway would feature the entire core crew of producer Sajid
Nadiadwala, director Imtiaz Ali , cinematographer Anil Mehta and music composer
A R Rahman from the film that Imtiaz would direct with Ranbir Kapoor in the lead
from 15 Sepember 2013."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Imtiaz-and-Ranbirs-next-goes-on-floor-September-2013/articleshow/17675132.cms?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

ajaybaskar
20th December 2012, 01:55 AM
Infinite Love - Teaser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZCqqSOBfF0I

tifosi
20th December 2012, 09:53 AM
Infinite Love - Teaser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZCqqSOBfF0I

It WAS available in iTunes last night itself. Going on loop since then...Superb number.

brigs
20th December 2012, 10:10 AM
Full video available here:

http://videos.huffingtonpost.com/entertainment/AR-Rahmans-Infinite-Love-517620844

brigs
20th December 2012, 10:14 AM
Full song has an awesome tune,beats... and rap by Blaaze

Lovely ! Lovely ! Lovely !

tifosi
20th December 2012, 10:54 AM
Full song has an awesome tune,beats... and rap by Blaaze

Lovely ! Lovely ! Lovely !

Yes. Foot tapping number. Thanks for the video, methinks it is brilliantly conceptualized and shot well too. Loved the American boy helping the old man in India bit.

ajaybaskar
20th December 2012, 03:31 PM
Full video available here:

http://videos.huffingtonpost.com/entertainment/AR-Rahmans-Infinite-Love-517620844

Kutty Puyal is seen in 2,3 frames. :)

A.ANAND
20th December 2012, 06:58 PM
aduthaduthu saravediya varuthu..semma!!!

Sunil_M88
21st December 2012, 10:36 PM
Infinite Love - Lyrics

http://www.musicsonglyrics.com/infinite-love-lyrics-ar-rahman.html

A.ANAND
22nd December 2012, 06:23 PM
http://www.radioandmusic.com/content/editorial/news/ar-rahman-its-a-huge-ego-issue-other-countries-understand-us#story

AR Rahman: "It's a huge ego issue for other countries to understand us"

Jescilia Karayamparambil 21 Dec 12 14:57 IST

Academy winning maestro AR Rahman launched a single titled 'Infinite Love' after a gap of fifteen years. The music composer who has made his mark in Indian as well as international music industry, is experimenting with new sounds and expanding his music each day. Some of his remarkable achievements include two Academy Awards, two Grammy Awards, a BAFTA Award, a Golden Globe, four National Film Awards, fifteen Filmfare Awards and thirteen Filmfare Awards South. In 2009, Time placed Rahman in its list of World's Most Influential People.
Speaking with Radioandmusic.com, he expressed his ideas and experience about his single, KM Music Conservatory and classical music. A memory of Vande Mataram (!1997) was the last solo that was imprinted in the mind of Rahman fans but he is hoping borderless message given by 'Infinite Love' will all do the same.
Excerpts:
What was the idea behind ‘Infinite Love’?
Nothing was compelling enough for me. After Vande Mantram, which was a big canvas and larger than life, this is the only thing that beats it. It goes beyond border, both mental and physical once. I did not see anything so compatible. I didn’t even know about the music but the idea supersedes everything.
You have experimented with the song in terms of language and music?
My idea was to give a statement from India to the world especially in English. It’s time for us to give. I am aware that it’s a huge ego issue for people (other countries) to understand us. We have so much of wisdom and knowledge from centuries so why can’t we reveal and give to the world, all that we have. Why cannot we create options for our young creative leaders? The flag in the video is giving the message; I am giving a thought from India to the world and it’s not about myself it’s about our generation here. Putting seals in their mind, this is what we should do when we grow up giving to the world, giving to humanity.
What compelled you to work with lyricist Irshad Kamil for the Hindi version?
I was really comfortable working with Irshadji. He had written the hero Jingle, Rock star and it was very nice working with him.
Are there any plans of promoting the single?
I am thankful to god that this happened and even to Reliance foundation for their support.
I am planning of an extended play (EP) and also a remix of 'Infinite Love'. We wanted to release the song on 20 December because it was too timely with the conflicts and unforeseen happenings around the globe .
What are your plans of expansion for KM Music Conservatory?
Now, we are moving into a bigger campus five times of what we have, it’s a huge thing. Being emotionally attached and monitoring it personally is very exhausting for me, but it’s worth because kids are the future. We don't have musicians who play orchestral music as getting them in the conservatory is a task but as we move into the campus we will be able to do our full-fledged music. I see so much of brightness in the eyes of the kids that it has pushed me to far beyond and make KM really huge.
What do you think is limiting Indian classical music from becoming a part of Bollywood?
Classical music is a league of its own and I wish people expand it more. Earlier we had K Viswanath, R Balachandran and other amazing directors who made movies-based on carnatic music, to glorify them. Unfortunately, we don't have many of them left now. It’s the responsibility of the director or script writer to make a movie which is based on Indian music and attract the audience. We are somewhere rooted in our fantastic tradition that is such a gift to us. The situation with classical will change if we crack the code and give audiences the list of movies even if they don't like it. It’s the only way we can get the young generation aware.
Maestro Pandit Ravi Shankar had represented Indian Classical music around the world. How do you look at his loss?
It's a big loss. He was an amazing ambassador for sitar player and classical music. Off course, there is much new talent who are extra-ordinarily talented and they will take the matter going.
What are you future projects?
I am doing Anand Rai's 'Raanjhna', Mani Ratnam's forthcoming movie 'Kadal' and Imitiaz Ali's next movie. I have international project ‘Monkeys of Mumbai’ (Working Title) for DreamWorks Animation.

A.ANAND
22nd December 2012, 06:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkpyiUV-I_A

A.ANAND
22nd December 2012, 06:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Gm2iMTxtz0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdD-mc9qPcw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXzWZ1sufk4

A.ANAND
22nd December 2012, 06:32 PM
http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/amitabh-bachchan-and-sridevi-voted-most-admired-bollywood-actors/1/238981.html

- Bollywood's Most Admired Actor- Amitabh Bachchan
- Bollywood's Most Admired Actress- Sridevi
- Bollywood's Favourite Film Maker- Aditya Chopra
- Bollywood's Favourite Music Composer- A.R. Rahman
- Bollywood's Favourite Male Playback Singer- Sonu Nigam
- Bollywood's Favourite Female Playback Singer- Sunidhi Chauhan
- Most Admired Hollywood actress- Angelina Jolie
- Most Admired Hollywood actor- Johnny Depp
- Most Admired International female singer- Lady Gaga
- Most Admired International male singer- Bruno Mars
- Most Admired Business Icon- Ratan Tata
- Most Admired Sportsperson- Saina Nehwal
- Most Admired Woman Leader- Dr. Preetha Reddy
- Most Admired Young Political Leader- Rahul Gandhi

Read more at: http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/amitabh-bachchan-and-sridevi-voted-most-admired-bollywood-actors/1/238981.html

A.ANAND
22nd December 2012, 06:37 PM
A lifetime opportunity to interact with the great ARR on his special day

You have listened to his chart buster hits. You've witnessed him bagging an Oscar, a Grammy and numerous other awards. And we bet you'd love to talk to him. Well, this is your lucky day!

Click Here To Participate Now

IndiaGlitz presents it's viewers a golden opportunity to send their greetings to A.R.Rahman, the man himself. In celebration of his birthday falling on the 6th of January, we are providing an exclusive chance for our viewers to record a video message which we will be sending to him. And of course, you get find out the answer from the man himself. The answer to that special question you've always wanted to ask.

Your questions will be picked out by Team IndiaGlitz and sent to ARR himself to be answered during the event on his birthday. That's right, so make sure you have a great question in mind so that you'd be selected for sure.

All you have to do is fill out the form below and record your message right here. Make sure you have properly checked your webcam and microphone before you proceed. Remember, your message can last for only 90 seconds. You need to introduce yourself, wish A.R.Rahman and ask him your question within the allotted time. Please note that only the best entries will be shortlisted and displayed to A.R.Rahman on his birthday.

So what are you waiting for? Submit your entry today!

Click here to send your wishes and questions

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/89388.html?isRef=T

raagadevan
22nd December 2012, 11:20 PM
AR Rahman unveils 'Infinite Love' - Photo gallery:

http://photogallery.indiatimes.com/events/mumbai/ar-rahman-unveils-infinite-love/articleshow/17709008.cms

raagadevan
23rd December 2012, 09:01 PM
Straight from the heart…

By Harshikaa Udasi (From The Hindu):

http://www.thehindu.com/arts/music/straight-from-the-heart/article4229157.ece?homepage=true

A.ANAND
24th December 2012, 07:01 PM
AR RAHMAN LIVE IN CONCERT CHENNAI VIDEO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIc_4QPnSAI&feature=player_embedded#!

ajaybaskar
25th December 2012, 12:15 PM
ARR'S Interview in UAE's joshfm tonite at 20.30 IST. Tune into joshfm.ae

satissh_r
25th December 2012, 07:49 PM
Ajay if you are planning to listen to it, can you post some excerpts?

ajaybaskar
25th December 2012, 08:19 PM
Sure will do.. :)

satissh_r
25th December 2012, 08:53 PM
Nandri hai :-)

ajaybaskar
25th December 2012, 09:22 PM
Satissh,

Nothing much in the interview. It's about 'Infinite Love'. Will share the transcript soon.

satissh_r
25th December 2012, 10:09 PM
Cool, Dhanush on twitter said Mariyaan is almost complete and he is shooting for Ranjanha now.. So another album up for release I guess

A.ANAND
27th December 2012, 02:07 PM
DHANUSH TWEETS

Its raining in my heart with a r rahman sirs new song for raanjhanaa. Absolutely brilliant. Cant wait for you guys to listen to it.

ajaybaskar
27th December 2012, 02:25 PM
Satissh,

Nothing much in the interview. It's about 'Infinite Love'. Will share the transcript soon.

http://gulfnews.com/about-gulf-news/al-nisr-portfolio/tabloid/a-r-rahman-s-infinite-love-for-the-world-1.1122875

ajaybaskar
28th December 2012, 07:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPB15mjaXUM&sns=em

A.ANAND
28th December 2012, 12:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPB15mjaXUM&sns=em

no sound-la bro!!

A.ANAND
28th December 2012, 07:09 PM
ok..now it's working!!!

A.ANAND
3rd January 2013, 02:07 PM
there is arr special 6 movies will showing on 6 jan thalaivar birthday in astro.

A.ANAND
5th January 2013, 01:19 PM
Jazz along the lines - A.R.Rahman Birthday Special

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/89769.html

Sunil_M88
5th January 2013, 11:33 PM
It's Rahman Ji's birthday in few minutes. Here is an early gift from me to you all!

Selected BGMs from JTHJ

https://soundcloud.com/caughtinthemusicalstorm/sets/jab-tak-hai-jaan-bgm

Happy Birthday Dear Rahman Ji!

Sunil Malhotra

ajaybaskar
6th January 2013, 12:08 AM
Wishing Annan a very happy birthday. :)

venkkiram
6th January 2013, 01:03 AM
Annan alavukku poyachaa? :)

venkkiram
6th January 2013, 01:03 AM
Happy birthday Rahman!

Mahen
6th January 2013, 08:25 AM
happy birthday thalai :)

satissh_r
6th January 2013, 09:44 AM
You've been an inspiration to a whole generation including myself, long may it continue :-) Many many happy returns Thalaiva :-) Love you!

A.ANAND
6th January 2013, 10:01 AM
pallandu pallandu vazhga thalaiva!!!!'neethan,un isaithan enathu kanneerai thudaikkum kaikuttai..'

SoftSword
6th January 2013, 05:24 PM
happy birthday rahman...
i can never thank you enough for what u have done to me...

ajaybaskar
6th January 2013, 07:05 PM
http://www.theunrealtimes.com/2013/01/06/in-pictures-celebrities-line-up-to-wish-ar-rahman-on-his-birthday/

littlemaster1982
6th January 2013, 08:22 PM
Happy Birthday, Thalaiva :D

lancelot
6th January 2013, 10:06 PM
Happy Birthday A R Rahman. Thank you for your music and may God bless you and your beautiful heart!

jaykay78
6th January 2013, 11:05 PM
Let me introduce myself. I'm a hardcore fan of Rahmanji, I buy all his albums on the first day itself, in fact from 92 to 2004 , i wud wait near the cd shop b4 the shop opens(beleive me it's a gr8 feeling), n used to buy the first cd(i'm from b'lore), after tht he reduced doing tamil movies, even then i used to buy all his albums, Likewise i also bought KADAL album, unlike his album after 2004, this album brought me memories of his earlier works, I love each n every song of Kadal.

jaykay78
6th January 2013, 11:10 PM
Wish U a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY n hope u give us gud tamil albums in the future, also thank u sir for giving us gud quality albums for two decades

lancelot
7th January 2013, 11:01 AM
Welcome to the forum jaykay78. Hope you have an awesome time here!

A.ANAND
8th January 2013, 12:51 PM
Kamal speaks about ARR ['ARR genius man']

"Swaasame" from Tenali starts @ 4.47
Kamal speaks at 7.10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoP7XEd3AbQ

SOURCE"arryg

A.ANAND
8th January 2013, 12:55 PM
5 things to learn from a.r.rahman

http://prashantpillai.com/featured/5-things-to-learn-from-a-r-rahman/

muyarchi seivom!!!

ajaybaskar
8th January 2013, 01:29 PM
Prashant Pillai is an MD himself. Co composer of David.

A.ANAND
8th January 2013, 01:37 PM
ISAI THAMIZHA ALBUM LAUNCH BY S.J.SURYAH

http://www.techsatish.net/2013/01/isai-thamizha-album-launch-sj-surya-ar.html

ajaybaskar
8th January 2013, 05:28 PM
https://twitter.com/ganesh_jn/status/288603377619857409

littlemaster1982
8th January 2013, 05:54 PM
https://twitter.com/ganesh_jn/status/288603377619857409

Oh no!

satissh_r
8th January 2013, 06:09 PM
Master not to worry, that twitter account is a fake one pola.

SoftSword
8th January 2013, 06:21 PM
lol.. thamizh padam senjaalum prachinai seyyalenaalum prachinai...

A.ANAND
9th January 2013, 10:46 AM
Kamal speaks about ARR ['ARR genius man']

"Swaasame" from Tenali starts @ 4.47
Kamal speaks at 7.10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoP7XEd3AbQ

SOURCE"arryg

'arr is genius man'innu solli irukaru kamal raja ippa kovikka maatara??

SoftSword
9th January 2013, 05:59 PM
anand...
kamal arr'a patthi sonnadhukku raja edhukku kovikkanum...??
enna mokkai logic idhu???

jaykay78
9th January 2013, 09:59 PM
Welcome to the forum jaykay78. Hope you have an awesome time here!

Thanx lancelot

Scale
11th January 2013, 12:35 AM
Why is the tweets thread not working?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vbxdqCi_AQ

A.R.Rahman ‏@arrahman
Congrats to Bombay Jayashree... First ever Academy Award nomination for a Tamil song!!!

Describes how much ARR yearned for it :sad: but doesn't hesitate a second to reflect his praise for others attainment :notworthy:

Adele "skyfall' get lost on the voting.

A.ANAND
11th January 2013, 10:28 PM
A blend of gospel, Blues and folk

A.R. Rahman talks about experimenting with genres, finding new voices and why, at 46, he felt the need to look beyond film music.

A.R. Rahman is a magician in control of his team on the stage. A Zen-like calmness seems to envelop him as he takes to the keyboard, anchoring the performance of his singers. When we catch up with him after the live performance at the audio launch of Kadali (the Telugu version of Mani Ratnam’s Kadal), he talks about his music with the same demeanour.

The music of Kadali is a blend of Christian gospel, Blues and South Indian folk music. “The sea was a huge inspiration. ‘Chithirai Nila’ was born out of that inspiration,” says Rahman, taking us into the creation of the album. “The other songs came in when Mani sir said he wanted romantic numbers. I composed ‘Nenjukulley’ (‘Gunjukunna’) and ‘Moongil Thottam’ (‘Pachchani Tota’) in the same tempo; these songs were alternate choices but he liked both.” Rahman chose Shaktishree Gopalan for ‘Gunjukunna’and Abhay Jodhpurkar and Harini for ‘Pachchani Tota’.

Testing new territory

The risky song of the album, says Rahman, was ‘Adiye’ (‘Yadike’): “Most Christian gospel songs in the US that I’ve heard have a Blues feel to them. I thought it would be interesting to incorporate this into a folk song picturised on a village boy.” The song was composed and it took a while for him and Mani Ratnam to get used to it, he says. “The song fell in place after I found Sid (Sriram),” says Rahman.

Sid Sriram was studying at Berklee College of Music and had sent Rahman a demo. Rahman liked it, interacted with Sid over Skype and then Sid sang the song. “Mani sir didn’t like it initially and asked me to sing it. I had already sung ‘Keechan’ (‘Yele Yele’) and didn’t want to sing another song in the same album. A few hearings later, Mani sir liked Sid’s voice and retained Adiye (‘Yadike’),” adds Rahman, who is all praise for Sid’s versatility: “He has this rare combination of being able to sing Blues and Carnatic music. I found that very striking.”

Spotting new talent has always been Rahman’s forte. He says unlike a decade ago when it was tough to find new voices, there is a huge talent pool today thanks to television reality shows. “Every street corner has a new singer,” he exclaims. What he looks for in a singer is “a gifted voice; the ability to transport you into a different world when you close your eyes and listen to their voice; ability to convey the required emotion and above all a good attitude.”

Rahman has had a way with spiritual songs. ‘Piya Haji Ali’, ‘Khwaja Mere Khwaja’, ‘Kun Faya Kun’, the gospel songs in Sapnay and Kadali being fine examples. “I don’t believe in doing a Sufi song with dummy lyrics that go ‘Ishq, Ishq’. I’d rather do a song that is spiritual. You have to believe in a genre to make the music sound appealing. You believe in God and you bring in that depth into the compositions,” says Rahman.

The challenge, he says, lies in making romantic songs sound different. “Each film has a romantic, sad and a motivational song. It’s challenging to do something different yet achieve the same emotional connect with people. Which is why I don’t do too many films so as to not repeat myself,” he says.

Lack of experimentation

Rahman rues the fact that filmmakers rarely experiment with music and maybe bring in Carnatic classical like K. Vishwanath and K. Balachander did. “Directors feel the audience might use such songs as a break and leave the hall. I think if you work hard to compose and then picturise a song, any song will catch attention. Doing a masti song to cater to youth is the easy way out.”

His recent independent single Infinite Love is his attempt to break free from composing within the confines of a film and its script. “I suddenly realised I was 46. I had everything; why not have a global voice even if nobody listens to it? My agent in LA helped me and I did this single. I haven’t publicised it aggressively. People are slowly discovering it. It’s a start; other songs will follow,” says Rahman.

Finally, we ask him about Jab Tak Hai Jaan, an album that got mixed reviews with many music buffs feeling it didn’t have the charm of a Rahman album. He pauses, smiles and answers, “I wanted to work with the legend Mr. Yash Chopra. Yash Raj Films has a tried and tested method of filmmaking. They make big films that make an amazing amount of money. The parameters were small. I had to move out of my zone, fit into their idea of filmmaking and bend a few things to make it work,” says Rahman. Did he find it restrictive and strike a compromise? “I cannot call it compromise but I went with the flow of things and gave them what they wanted — two Punjabi songs and a few romantic numbers. They promoted the songs well. The film made 250 crore and they are happy.”

Keywords: A.R. Rahman interview, Kadali audio, Mani Ratnam, South Indian folk music

http://www.thehindu.com/arts/cinema/a-blend-of-gospel-blues-and-folk/article4298444.ece

A.ANAND
11th January 2013, 11:27 PM
ARR's Birthday Treat To His Fans

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/videos/38999.html

A.ANAND
14th January 2013, 09:18 AM
anand...
kamal arr'a patthi sonnadhukku raja edhukku kovikkanum...??
enna mokkai logic idhu???

romba appavi'ya irukareengale sir!!!

A.ANAND
15th January 2013, 10:44 AM
https://www.facebook.com/rahman360#!/photo.php?fbid=10151338110938815&set=a.319868028814.152286.268172318814&type=1&theater

A.ANAND
17th January 2013, 06:08 AM
A R Rahman first Indian to have over 10 mn followers on Facebook

The musical maestro A R Rahman has done it again. This time he has become the first Indian to have more than one crore or 10 million followers on popular social networking site Facebook.

Two time Oscar and a Grammy award winner, who has recently been lauded for his music in Mani Ratnam’s yet to be released Tamil flick Kadal, has left behind all other popular Indian celebrities by a strong margin.

http://business-standard.com/india/news/a-r-rahman-first-indian-to-have-overcrore-followersfacebook/202846/on

Interestingly, Amitabh Bachchan who is known to be Bollywood’s global icon has just over 3.5 million followers on Facebook . Aamir Khan and Priyanka Chopra have 6.3 million and 3 million followers respectively. The closest , in terms of total followers, to Rahman is Sachin Tendulkar with 9 million followers.

Rahman, known for putting Indian music on the global map, also celebrated this development by thanking his fans on his official page in late night on Tuesday.

Comparing it with India’s leading musicians, Shankar Mahadevan of music director trio Shankar-Ehsaan- Loy has just over 1.1 million fans while Sonu Nigam has over six million fans.

A R Rahman, also known as Mozarts of Madras, recently unveiled a single named Infinite Love which has received worldwide appreciation and also went viral on You Tube.

A.ANAND
19th January 2013, 10:13 AM
A.R.Rahman at ITC GRAND CHOLA

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.151815064968558.35127.150314595118605&type=1

A.ANAND
22nd January 2013, 05:52 PM
Big B mesmerized by ARR
IndiaGlitz [Tuesday, January 22, 2013] 0 Comments

AR Rahman is one legend who has fans with no diversity at all. Anyone and everyone who loves good music will be in love with his creations. And now, after the release of "Kadal" album, even the Superstar of Bollywood, Amitabh Bachchan is head over heels in love with AR Rahman's music.

"The music of AR Rehman plays from his latest film of Maniratnam "Kadal" ... that strain again, tis' not so sweet again as it was before .. ahh .. yes it plays again ... lyrical, endearing and beautiful ... music the food of love .. and 'Kadal' love ... !!" was what the Big B posted on a social network recently. On that note, it is also true that AR Rahman crossed a hundred million fans on that same social network recently. Kudos to that!!

satissh_r
27th January 2013, 11:03 AM
http://m.thehindu.com/arts/magazine/morphine-for-the-mind/article4339865.ece?maneref=http%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2FbYl VmMdY

Had a small tear in my eye after reading this, god bless the little one and Bravo!

ajaybaskar
27th January 2013, 11:13 AM
Don't know what to say. My prayers for the kid. Get well soon dear!!

MADDY
27th January 2013, 10:14 PM
overwhelming......got instant tears........idhukku mela oruthharu music-a vechhu enna panna mudiyum?? this is way beyond oscars, golden globes.......i hope rahman reads this which will serve as a encouragement to keep going....infact, this is what he wants to do with his music - bring peace, make a positive change in peple.......thalaiva - tommorow my grandsons would say, my grandad lived in Rahman;s era :bow:

ajaybaskar
27th January 2013, 10:22 PM
Exactly my thoughts. This is way beyond any awards.

satissh_r
27th January 2013, 10:44 PM
I wish someone could tell thalaivar about this little one, I'm sure he'll give her a visit, it could do wonders for parents and her.

A.ANAND
27th January 2013, 10:54 PM
http://m.thehindu.com/arts/magazine/morphine-for-the-mind/article4339865.ece?maneref=http%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2FbYl VmMdY

Had a small tear in my eye after reading this, god bless the little one and Bravo!

harmoniyathila vaasicha mattum than uyir varuma??keyboard-la vasichalum uyir irukathan seyyuthu!ellame isathan..god bless this child!!!

A.ANAND
27th January 2013, 10:56 PM
AMIT TREVEDI ON THIRUDA THIRUDA ANS ARR

'I never pictured doing this kind of thing as a kid. I'm 33 now and I grew up in Santacruz, another Mumbai suburb. That's where I discovered the album that made me fall in love with music: the score to the 1993 Tamil action comedy Thiruda Thiruda, by A.R. Rahman. I still play that album when I need inspiration. It switches between staccato dance rhythms and heartbreaking a cappella arrangements. There's nothing else like it in Indian pop music, not even by Rahman himself. It's a masterpiece."

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/ee03c4c6-64ee-11e2-934b-00144feab49a.html#axzz2JCIGfQ4n

A.ANAND
27th January 2013, 10:57 PM
PANTING AR RAHMAN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq6cKdTbeS8

ajaybaskar
28th January 2013, 12:06 AM
"I never pictured doing this kind of thing as a kid. I'm 33 now and I grew up in Santacruz, another Mumbai suburb. That's where I discovered the album that made me fall in love with music: the score to the 1993 Tamil action comedy Thiruda Thiruda, by A.R. Rahman. I still play that album when I need inspiration. It switches between staccato dance rhythms and heartbreaking a cappella arrangements. There's nothing else like it in Indian pop music, not even by Rahman himself. It's a masterpiece." - Amit Trivedi, Composer.

Ramakrishna
4th February 2013, 10:19 AM
Fatwa issued against Kashmiri all-girl band

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Fatwa-issued-against-Kashmiri-all-girl-band/articleshow/18327128.cms

RozeMylm
8th February 2013, 10:20 PM
TFU Kannan ‏@TFU_Kannan
Vidya Balan to play M.S.Subbulakshmi in Rajeev Menon's biopic of the classical singer & A.R.Rahman may score music. Gr8 project, watch out!

A.ANAND
9th February 2013, 12:57 PM
A classical turn: Vidya Balanin to do a biopic on singer MS Subbulakshmi

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/indiahome/indianews/article-2275800/Vidya-Balanin-biopic-singer-MS-Subbulakshmi.html?ito=feeds-newsxml#axzz2KNroRY3J

Saappadu ennavo arputhamathan irukkum!

littlemaster1982
9th February 2013, 09:06 PM
An interesting read about Dil se album!

Music Production Review – Dil Se (http://avmax.in/2013/01/23/music-production-review-dil-se/)

Album: Dil Se
Recording Engineer: S. Sivakumar and H.Sridhar
Music: AR Rahman
Recorded at: Panchathan Record Inn
Label: Venus

THE MUSIC

Some people may be wondering about why the soundtrack of a Hindi Film like ‘Dil Se’ which was released almost a decade and a half ago is appearing in this section. This section essentially features albums that are a stand out in terms of musicality as well as in terms of sonic quality. And with ‘ Dil Se’ well we just can resist from saying that this album is a brilliant masterpiece of well recorded vocals and instruments and a perfect album in terms of its dynamics, tonality and overall sound. Sometimes it just dawns on our minds as to why it took AR Rahman all these years to win an Oscar Academy award, he won the award for another movie soundtrack just two years back but the 6 song album of ‘Dil Se’ which was made with such finesse and refinement existed long long ago. Some music lovers and audiophiles who live by the sounds of acoustic instruments firmly believe that this was the epic and most outstanding soundtrack of the 90’s decade. AR Rahman has won many prestigious music awards all over the globe over all these years, he is regarded as a mastermind genius when it comes to music and if we run back to the books of music history we can re-collect that after the soundtrack of ‘Roja’ which was a massive hit, the soundtrack of ‘Dil Se’ etched his name in the record books of the country, because of the recording breaking sales of the soundtrack which was experienced not only in India but also over the world. Here we take a look at the music and sonic presentation of the album, and how it qualifies to be one of his best pieces of work.

THE RECORDING

When it comes to AR Rahman’s compositions many in the recording industry know that he is recognized for recording the entire rhythm section not to mention that the master composer also pays equal attention to the melody section too. Rhythm as seen from an engineer’s point of view forms the core part of song. It provides the time frame and a reference point to which all other instruments are then recorded and laid down. And if you take a closer look at all the six songs of ‘Dil Se’ they you will certainly notice that the composer has managed to churn out a variety of different sounds in the rhythm section. Well we couldn’t lay on our hands on the information about the different types of instruments used throughout the soundtrack but you can well enough say that percussion instruments like kick drums, duff and mridangam are a few to mention.

If one were to reset time to almost a decade ago, you would realize that at that point of time in India digital technology was not completely evolved and in the music industry too digital recording was still in its nascent stages. And from this we could probably gauge that the soundtrack of ‘Dil Se’ was probably cut out on an analogue recording machine. One obviously can’t rule out the possibility that digital devices may have also existed in the Panchathan recording studios even at that point of time. Take for instance, ‘’Chaiya Chaiya’’, this song that was shot atop a running train has a similar rhythm pattern of a running train. This kind of beat pattern no doubt can be recorded in a studio, but one can also consider the fact that the arranger, now-a-days called programmer would have even made use of computer software to lay down the track with perfect timing. And talking about the opening song on the album, well even till this day people enjoy the unique essence of the song. In just the opening bass riffs of the song we could feel the energy of the music pop right out of the Totem Acoustic Element Earth floorstanding speakers.

One thing however that is particular about the song is that the bass doesn’t come to you in huge chunks at every second minute, what happens here is the low end comes and exists in the song in a deep underlying tone for few brief moments. And amidst all this it’s hard to miss out on the energetic voice of Sukhwinder Singh. His close mic singing and high pitch portions never pinch your ears; this is somewhat very rarely seen in Hindi film soundtracks. This high pitch drama is also seen in “Satrangi re’’ where Kavita Krishnamurthy opens the song with her high pitch voice. Amidst her sonorous voice try to pay attention to the reverb trail, it spreads far and wide across the soundstage the boundaries of the song extend much wider than one would expect. The accordion with its fluid nature adds a lot of dynamism to the song, and right besides it you will find Sonu Nigam singing the lyrics of the song like as if the his voice and the instrument are playing with each other like a game of hide and seek.

THE MIXING

The world of mixing is almost like a playground for the mixing engineers. Here is where each engineer varies from any other in terms of skill, as each of them tries to strike a goal with the perfect mix which is why it leads to so many different missing engineers and with so many of them their theories and beliefs also vary too. With ‘Dil Se’ we can say that the overall mix down of the track is subtle yet very polished, you will not find a crowded soundstage with electronic elements in it, not because they, the composer and the engineers couldn’t figure out a way to do it but because AR Rahman and his team knew how to deliver a full-bodied soundtrack with just the right mix of vocals and acoustic instruments. Like in the song, ‘’ Thayya Thayya’’, some may look at it as an acoustic version of the opening track ‘’Chayya Chayya’’, but steer yourself clear of this notion because each track can be seen in number of ways. We could just reverse the thought and say that ‘’Thayya Thayya’’ was the main song while the former was a different pepped up version. In ‘’Thayya Thayya’’ as we said you have the number of elements used in the song are just about four to five, like an electronic drum beat, a piano that rolls off from its high to low notes, the powerful and high pitched voice of Sukhwinder Singh, the clap loops that are garnished all over the song and the much needed melody by a wonderful flute.

The song in all its dynamic glory fills the soundstage with immense depth, the Element Earth floorstandind speakers were about six feet away from us, but while this track was playing they simply vanished from the room. The light-weight texture of the song literally sounded like a cool breeze that was continuously blowing over us, Sukhwinder’s powerful voice were the strong moments where the breeze blew slightly harder; but over the rest of the track the smoothness in the orchestration especially the panned piano roll offs were really amazing and it was an encore that lasted for almost half an hour or so.

Well it is certainly an eye opener to see that in an age where hard-hitting electronic sounds which are heavily compressed are become the norm, people still run back to melodies like ‘Dil Se’. In fact over many FM radio channels late in the when people rest for the day and at times become nostalgic about life, Radio Jockey’s play, ‘’E Ajnabi’’ at song that is very relaxing and soothing to the soul while on the other hand its lyrics induce or even bring back a lot of memories in people. The song’s tonality is a little bright though, but then again that was intentional. And if we are talking about tonality, they you just cannot miss out of the overall tone of the duff, an Indian percussion instrument that is played by beating its skin with hands. This is the main highlight of this song, while on the other hand the acoustic drum beats that are placed within the song are simply outstanding. They just bring you into the mood so much so that you may just find yourself playing a set of imaginary drums in thin air. This kind of excellence is sought after in music, and for an audiophile album like ‘Dil Se’ it is quite easy to see why this was a standout album in the entire decade of the 90’s.

THE MASTERING

The ultimate pinnacle of success for any music album lies in the hands of the Mastering Engineer, the Music is definitely taken care of by its composers, arrangers and musicians but the sound quality of the album lies in the hands of one man, who is ideally never involved in the recording and mixing process. Industry experts say that when the mastering is taken care of by an outside pair of ears, there are much better chances that the overall tonal quality of the album can achieve some excellent results.

Well we couldn’t get information about the Mastering engineer who was behind ‘Dil Se’ but the 6 songs that he has worked upon still can be heard over radio stations and over people’s iPods, and oh we forget to mention that we too use the album to test many of the stereo products that visit us on a monthly basis. Now with all this one can easily ascertain that the album is a musical piece of art, something that doesn’t come so often. The pair of ears who have played a part in balancing the 6 songs are a real genius. Take a look at the track, ‘’Jiya Jale’’ the deep tight bass line, the tonal richness of the mridangam, the effervescent voice of Lata mangeshkar, and a brilliant use of other acoustic instruments have all been balanced out so well, that the composer along with Mastering engineer should have been given the Grammy Award, for the best recording, mixing and mastering almost a decade ago. The arrangements in the song, are chosen to work perfectly with each other, one can experience subtle compression on the voice of Lata mangeshkar, likewise there is compression in AR rehman’s voice too, in the title track, “Dil se” but this compression works for well for both the songs that one can still feel the overall dynamics of both the singers.

Well the overall tonality of ‘Dil Se’ may be a little bright though but that doesn’t deter it from being called amazing album with a wonderful sound. Some may think that if there is an element of brightness then how come we manage to listen to it over and over again, well the fact lies in what level you are listening to the music. ‘Dil Se’ is not an album that you would like to turn it up loud and listen to on your dedicated stereo system, but instead its musicality encourages you to sit in the sweet spot and enjoy the musical bliss of the wonderful recordings, the powerful vocals of singers like Sonu Nigam, Sukhwinder Singh, AR Rahman and the legendary Lata Mangeshkar, the fantastic and innovative musical arrangements and the overall diverse sound that AR Rahman is known for.

Lionel D’souza

TRACKS TO EXPERIENCE

Chaiyya Chaiyya- features the rhythm of a moving train, and is a journey through the country side where the bass line surprises you like wonderful landscapes, the melody is fresh and surprising like waterfalls and Sukhwinder’s voice is like bright and energetic sunshine. Sometimes it hides itself within the clouds and sometimes it shines down with full strength on open fields when there is no cloud cover, these dynamics are free-flowing and fluid just like nature.

Jiya Jale- This being an all time favourite, and one of the best recorded songs ever reminds you of how clever AR Rahman is and how he can bend the sound of certain instruments to suit the composition. The mridangam’s tone is rock-solid, an although it is reproduced in stereo mode the instrument springs to life and into your lap, this is a capability only gifted to world-class loudspeakers and we were certainly listening to one.

Ajnabi- A song that is soft, mesmerizing and always hummable. The bass line in this track is one of the deepest and tightest that we have ever heard across any Hindi Film soundtrack. Savour the audio quality of this song, as this is the number one track with maximum encores.

Dil Se – We just wonder in how many takes has AR Rahman managed to achieve that high-pitched extravanaganza that is present in this song. If you hear even a bit of distortion from your loudspeaker’s midrange drivers while AR Rahman touches those highs, you might need to consider buying a new pair of bookshelf or floorstanding speakers.

littlemaster1982
9th February 2013, 09:07 PM
An interesting read about Dil se album!

Music Production Review – Dil Se (http://avmax.in/2013/01/23/music-production-review-dil-se/)

Album: Dil Se
Recording Engineer: S. Sivakumar and H.Sridhar
Music: AR Rahman
Recorded at: Panchathan Record Inn
Label: Venus

THE MUSIC

Some people may be wondering about why the soundtrack of a Hindi Film like ‘Dil Se’ which was released almost a decade and a half ago is appearing in this section. This section essentially features albums that are a stand out in terms of musicality as well as in terms of sonic quality. And with ‘ Dil Se’ well we just can resist from saying that this album is a brilliant masterpiece of well recorded vocals and instruments and a perfect album in terms of its dynamics, tonality and overall sound. Sometimes it just dawns on our minds as to why it took AR Rahman all these years to win an Oscar Academy award, he won the award for another movie soundtrack just two years back but the 6 song album of ‘Dil Se’ which was made with such finesse and refinement existed long long ago. Some music lovers and audiophiles who live by the sounds of acoustic instruments firmly believe that this was the epic and most outstanding soundtrack of the 90’s decade. AR Rahman has won many prestigious music awards all over the globe over all these years, he is regarded as a mastermind genius when it comes to music and if we run back to the books of music history we can re-collect that after the soundtrack of ‘Roja’ which was a massive hit, the soundtrack of ‘Dil Se’ etched his name in the record books of the country, because of the recording breaking sales of the soundtrack which was experienced not only in India but also over the world. Here we take a look at the music and sonic presentation of the album, and how it qualifies to be one of his best pieces of work.

THE RECORDING

When it comes to AR Rahman’s compositions many in the recording industry know that he is recognized for recording the entire rhythm section not to mention that the master composer also pays equal attention to the melody section too. Rhythm as seen from an engineer’s point of view forms the core part of song. It provides the time frame and a reference point to which all other instruments are then recorded and laid down. And if you take a closer look at all the six songs of ‘Dil Se’ they you will certainly notice that the composer has managed to churn out a variety of different sounds in the rhythm section. Well we couldn’t lay on our hands on the information about the different types of instruments used throughout the soundtrack but you can well enough say that percussion instruments like kick drums, duff and mridangam are a few to mention.

If one were to reset time to almost a decade ago, you would realize that at that point of time in India digital technology was not completely evolved and in the music industry too digital recording was still in its nascent stages. And from this we could probably gauge that the soundtrack of ‘Dil Se’ was probably cut out on an analogue recording machine. One obviously can’t rule out the possibility that digital devices may have also existed in the Panchathan recording studios even at that point of time. Take for instance, ‘’Chaiya Chaiya’’, this song that was shot atop a running train has a similar rhythm pattern of a running train. This kind of beat pattern no doubt can be recorded in a studio, but one can also consider the fact that the arranger, now-a-days called programmer would have even made use of computer software to lay down the track with perfect timing. And talking about the opening song on the album, well even till this day people enjoy the unique essence of the song. In just the opening bass riffs of the song we could feel the energy of the music pop right out of the Totem Acoustic Element Earth floorstanding speakers.

One thing however that is particular about the song is that the bass doesn’t come to you in huge chunks at every second minute, what happens here is the low end comes and exists in the song in a deep underlying tone for few brief moments. And amidst all this it’s hard to miss out on the energetic voice of Sukhwinder Singh. His close mic singing and high pitch portions never pinch your ears; this is somewhat very rarely seen in Hindi film soundtracks. This high pitch drama is also seen in “Satrangi re’’ where Kavita Krishnamurthy opens the song with her high pitch voice. Amidst her sonorous voice try to pay attention to the reverb trail, it spreads far and wide across the soundstage the boundaries of the song extend much wider than one would expect. The accordion with its fluid nature adds a lot of dynamism to the song, and right besides it you will find Sonu Nigam singing the lyrics of the song like as if the his voice and the instrument are playing with each other like a game of hide and seek.

THE MIXING

The world of mixing is almost like a playground for the mixing engineers. Here is where each engineer varies from any other in terms of skill, as each of them tries to strike a goal with the perfect mix which is why it leads to so many different missing engineers and with so many of them their theories and beliefs also vary too. With ‘Dil Se’ we can say that the overall mix down of the track is subtle yet very polished, you will not find a crowded soundstage with electronic elements in it, not because they, the composer and the engineers couldn’t figure out a way to do it but because AR Rahman and his team knew how to deliver a full-bodied soundtrack with just the right mix of vocals and acoustic instruments. Like in the song, ‘’ Thayya Thayya’’, some may look at it as an acoustic version of the opening track ‘’Chayya Chayya’’, but steer yourself clear of this notion because each track can be seen in number of ways. We could just reverse the thought and say that ‘’Thayya Thayya’’ was the main song while the former was a different pepped up version. In ‘’Thayya Thayya’’ as we said you have the number of elements used in the song are just about four to five, like an electronic drum beat, a piano that rolls off from its high to low notes, the powerful and high pitched voice of Sukhwinder Singh, the clap loops that are garnished all over the song and the much needed melody by a wonderful flute.

The song in all its dynamic glory fills the soundstage with immense depth, the Element Earth floorstandind speakers were about six feet away from us, but while this track was playing they simply vanished from the room. The light-weight texture of the song literally sounded like a cool breeze that was continuously blowing over us, Sukhwinder’s powerful voice were the strong moments where the breeze blew slightly harder; but over the rest of the track the smoothness in the orchestration especially the panned piano roll offs were really amazing and it was an encore that lasted for almost half an hour or so.

Well it is certainly an eye opener to see that in an age where hard-hitting electronic sounds which are heavily compressed are become the norm, people still run back to melodies like ‘Dil Se’. In fact over many FM radio channels late in the when people rest for the day and at times become nostalgic about life, Radio Jockey’s play, ‘’E Ajnabi’’ at song that is very relaxing and soothing to the soul while on the other hand its lyrics induce or even bring back a lot of memories in people. The song’s tonality is a little bright though, but then again that was intentional. And if we are talking about tonality, they you just cannot miss out of the overall tone of the duff, an Indian percussion instrument that is played by beating its skin with hands. This is the main highlight of this song, while on the other hand the acoustic drum beats that are placed within the song are simply outstanding. They just bring you into the mood so much so that you may just find yourself playing a set of imaginary drums in thin air. This kind of excellence is sought after in music, and for an audiophile album like ‘Dil Se’ it is quite easy to see why this was a standout album in the entire decade of the 90’s.

THE MASTERING

The ultimate pinnacle of success for any music album lies in the hands of the Mastering Engineer, the Music is definitely taken care of by its composers, arrangers and musicians but the sound quality of the album lies in the hands of one man, who is ideally never involved in the recording and mixing process. Industry experts say that when the mastering is taken care of by an outside pair of ears, there are much better chances that the overall tonal quality of the album can achieve some excellent results.

Well we couldn’t get information about the Mastering engineer who was behind ‘Dil Se’ but the 6 songs that he has worked upon still can be heard over radio stations and over people’s iPods, and oh we forget to mention that we too use the album to test many of the stereo products that visit us on a monthly basis. Now with all this one can easily ascertain that the album is a musical piece of art, something that doesn’t come so often. The pair of ears who have played a part in balancing the 6 songs are a real genius. Take a look at the track, ‘’Jiya Jale’’ the deep tight bass line, the tonal richness of the mridangam, the effervescent voice of Lata mangeshkar, and a brilliant use of other acoustic instruments have all been balanced out so well, that the composer along with Mastering engineer should have been given the Grammy Award, for the best recording, mixing and mastering almost a decade ago. The arrangements in the song, are chosen to work perfectly with each other, one can experience subtle compression on the voice of Lata mangeshkar, likewise there is compression in AR rehman’s voice too, in the title track, “Dil se” but this compression works for well for both the songs that one can still feel the overall dynamics of both the singers.

Well the overall tonality of ‘Dil Se’ may be a little bright though but that doesn’t deter it from being called amazing album with a wonderful sound. Some may think that if there is an element of brightness then how come we manage to listen to it over and over again, well the fact lies in what level you are listening to the music. ‘Dil Se’ is not an album that you would like to turn it up loud and listen to on your dedicated stereo system, but instead its musicality encourages you to sit in the sweet spot and enjoy the musical bliss of the wonderful recordings, the powerful vocals of singers like Sonu Nigam, Sukhwinder Singh, AR Rahman and the legendary Lata Mangeshkar, the fantastic and innovative musical arrangements and the overall diverse sound that AR Rahman is known for.

Lionel D’souza

TRACKS TO EXPERIENCE

Chaiyya Chaiyya- features the rhythm of a moving train, and is a journey through the country side where the bass line surprises you like wonderful landscapes, the melody is fresh and surprising like waterfalls and Sukhwinder’s voice is like bright and energetic sunshine. Sometimes it hides itself within the clouds and sometimes it shines down with full strength on open fields when there is no cloud cover, these dynamics are free-flowing and fluid just like nature.

Jiya Jale- This being an all time favourite, and one of the best recorded songs ever reminds you of how clever AR Rahman is and how he can bend the sound of certain instruments to suit the composition. The mridangam’s tone is rock-solid, an although it is reproduced in stereo mode the instrument springs to life and into your lap, this is a capability only gifted to world-class loudspeakers and we were certainly listening to one.

Ajnabi- A song that is soft, mesmerizing and always hummable. The bass line in this track is one of the deepest and tightest that we have ever heard across any Hindi Film soundtrack. Savour the audio quality of this song, as this is the number one track with maximum encores.

Dil Se – We just wonder in how many takes has AR Rahman managed to achieve that high-pitched extravanaganza that is present in this song. If you hear even a bit of distortion from your loudspeaker’s midrange drivers while AR Rahman touches those highs, you might need to consider buying a new pair of bookshelf or floorstanding speakers.

ajaybaskar
9th February 2013, 10:01 PM
Interesting read. :)

Not only the album but the DTS mixing for the film also stands out. In the first scene where SRK holds tea glasses in both his hands, the falling rain drops in each glass can be heard from each of the front speakers (both sides of the screen) while the passing train's noise comes from the surround speakers.

A.ANAND
11th February 2013, 10:00 AM
namma annan AR wit Namma anni

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=11911044&l=73cea15a51&id=63441126719

satissh_r
13th February 2013, 08:09 AM
Pongal theme for those who have not seen it before

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sW55s30hPLo

A.ANAND
13th February 2013, 08:44 AM
pala murai paatachu bro!

A.ANAND
13th February 2013, 08:47 AM
Creating the Rahman magic live

http://www.soundbox.co.in/creating-the-rahman-magic-live/

A.ANAND
13th February 2013, 08:49 AM
A.R. Rahman attends Grammy red carpet

Oscar-winning Indian composer A.R Rahman attended the 55th Annual Grammy Awards held here Sunday night along with wife Saira Banu.

Looking dapper in suit teamed with shades, he also sported a funky hairdo, quite rare for him. Saira was looking elegant in a traditional gharara like outfit.

Rahman shared his excitement of going to the awards with his fans, "On the way to the Grammies."

"Enjoyed the Bob Marley tribute," he further added.

http://newindianexpress.com/entertainment/on_stage/article1459177.ece

A.ANAND
13th February 2013, 08:50 AM
After Rockstar Imtiaz Ali, A R Rahman reunite for Highway

If all goes well, then music maestro A R Rahman may may compose music for Imtiaz Ali's next film Highway after Rockstar.

Highway, which will also be a musical, is likely to star Randeep Hooda.

"It is almost certain that AR Rahman is on board for Highway. Though there have been on and off murmurs for quite some time around him consenting to this Sajid Nadiadwala production, it is a matter of formality now. Rahman shares a very good relationship with Imtiaz and not many are aware that he had composed some tracks many years ago when Rockstar was being planned with John Abraham. Though Imtiaz had roped in Pritam for Jab We Met and Love Aaj Kal, it was back to Rahman for him when Ranbir Kapoor joined Rockstar, said a source.

The relationship continues with Highway where Randeep Hooda is playing the lead opposite Alia Bhatt.

"It would be quite interesting since the coming together of Rahman, Imtiaz and Nadiadwala is unique in its own way. Each of them comes with their own artistic and commercial sense. Their collaboration should be interesting. Moreover Nadiadwala would be working with Rahman for the first time. As for Imtiaz, music of his films is always very special. He is very excited since the film is not just a love story; it has got a very strong thrill element to it as well. Rahman has a good range of situations to munch on", the source added.

For Rockstar, A R Rahman had given more than what Imtiaz would have demanded by churning out 14 distinct tracks.

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/after-rockstar-imtiaz-ali-a-r-rahman-reunite-for-highway/1073084/

A.ANAND
17th February 2013, 10:28 AM
ARR interview people magazine!

http://zh.scribd.com/doc/125758822/People-Magazine-Rahman360-Com

Q : What is the most inspiring music that you have made yet?

AR : I thought `Yeh Jo Des Hai Tera' from Swades (2004) and 'Vellai Pookal' from Kannathil Muthamittal (2002) were both touching and very inspiring. I am always struggling with pleasing my fans some of them like my 1990s sound, the others prefer my work from 2005. But one has to keep moving and reinventing.

Q : You've Completed 20 Years In Showbiz.What Was The Turning Point For You ?

AR : It has to be Roja (1992). Even though it was my debut, it put me right on top and pushed me in another direction altogether. I was my only competition. It wasn't so much about music but the momentum that was set by Roja, which was difficult. I had to keep defying expectations. After that, I had such a fan following that I could never be still. If I did, my fans kicked my butt and said, 'Come on, move' (laughs). I really love it because then it doesn't make you complacent.

Q : What do you enjoy apart from making music?

AR : Photography. It sometimes helps envision how I want to make music. Sometimes, I also help my directors and give them ideas about a shot. I feel if you are dumb and don't know anything then you get taken for grant-ed and even exploited. Since I travel a lot, I always keep a camera with me and click pictures whenever I can. After a long time, I have also started driving again and I find it liberating.

A.ANAND
26th February 2013, 03:05 PM
Arr Denies
IndiaGlitz [Tuesday, February 26, 2013] 0 Comments

To quote Michael Jackson, "lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons". Yes, we all love him, but that does not mean we have to make AR Rahman, a possible director - at least not by rumours! The legend has denied all the hoax that he is venturing into direction. However it is true that he is currently working on a project, but this is purely music. The project is titled 'Rasayana Rojakkal' and is directed by the ace musician's sister AR Rehana; the teaser is supervised by Rahman.

There is no questioning his creativity; it is said that the AR Rahman has suggested and guided a few shots in the filming of the project's teaser. All said and done, he is still sincerely head over heels in love with music alone.

lancelot
27th February 2013, 05:54 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2359810/

Out June 28th according to FB. Music or movie i dont know

lancelot
27th February 2013, 05:55 PM
Link to above mentioned FB page

https://www.facebook.com/onlyarrahman

ajaybaskar
27th February 2013, 06:22 PM
Dhanush's character name is Kundan. Nice!!

ajaybaskar
17th April 2013, 05:20 PM
GVM ropes ARR for the Surya starrer 'Dhruva Natchathiram'. Shooting starts from June 1.

agam
19th April 2013, 09:39 AM
Agam's tribute to A R Rahman's classic Aaromale -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9mVEDyfTcg

SoftSword
19th April 2013, 02:22 PM
my intention is not to offend but who is agam?

satissh_r
19th April 2013, 03:29 PM
my intention is not to offend but who is agam?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agam_%28band%29

SoftSword
19th April 2013, 03:47 PM
thanks satish...
ya remember them in ooh-la-la...

Sunil_M88
20th April 2013, 07:08 AM
A.R. Rahman – Different Walks of Life

If there is one thing which we don’t have, then it is time and with time flying past us every day so quickly, it is certainly overwhelming to see that Rahman Ji’s reach has expanded amidst people/listeners from different walks of life in the span of 20 years. With foundations in Film music, he has and is growing stronger and branching in avenues not usually covered by contemporary composers. How does one celebrate this being’s success for the generations to come? What songs would you play to introduce him to people who haven’t heard of him and furthermore what song would you play to your children/grandchildren/decedents to establish the serene feeling what we call “Rahmania”.

Just like others, I am just another random fan lost in a crowd of millions who cries at the thought of life without being able to listen to such music? So many healing compositions have been gifted to all of us, some are so evergreen that they are always ringing in our heads and some are unquestionably so superior that they have replaced blood in our nerves.

The emotions displayed in such great songs transport us to great levels of ecstasy. Joy, wonder, enigma, romance, etc. are all combined and delivered via one song which is the reason behind the beauty of his songs.

Below is a fictional account of a letter which some day I wish will be read by a decedent or a random person.

Dear Reader,

I write to you to tell you about a composer who infused life into my everyday routine, a composer who took my finger and took me for an adventure throughout the world of music, a composer that will live forever as “Isai Puyal”.

The beauty of music is that over time many great conquerors will rise, each with their own flavour but in my time above the surface I only could visualise one such being whose variety of flavour was so vast that I always had a chance to train my taste buds.

It’s my humble request you spread the name of such great being who I feel will continue to inspire till the end of time!

Yours faithfully,

Happy Listener!

PS. I will definitely elaborate on this sometime in the future but for now it’s the concept I wanted to put forth.

Brianengab
7th May 2013, 03:10 PM
http://rameshbalablog.wordpress.com/2013/05/02/%E0%AE%8E%E0%AE%A9%E0%AE%95%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%95%E0%A F%81%E0%AE%AE%E0%AF%8D-%E0%AE%A4%E0%AE%9F%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%AE%E0%AE%BE%E0%A E%B1%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%B1%E0%AE%AE%E0%AF%8D-%E0%AE%B5%E0%AE%B0%E0%AF%81/

Sunil_M88
7th May 2013, 05:14 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/98vk14.png

NOV
9th May 2013, 06:49 PM
... and this is why AR Rahman is ruling the Tamil film music industry. And why he is unshakeable.

http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/431825_10151609180382629_833529257_n.jpg

Brianengab
9th May 2013, 08:39 PM
JUST IN,Breaking News: Oooooh!! This just in: A.R.Rahman & Yuvan Shankar Raja to perform together #OnStage at #VijayAwards May 11 event!! :))) #Smashing

Brianengab
11th May 2013, 01:30 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/922754_524155420976010_213404401_n.jpg

Brianengab
20th May 2013, 03:11 PM
wt happened 'Mumbai musical' / 'monkeys of bollywood' & Paani...

Any news abt those movies... ?

A.ANAND
25th May 2013, 10:21 AM
The Nostalgia of A Rahman Fan

http://thisiscsr.com/post/51240510723/the-nostalgia-of-a-rahman-fan

Sunil_M88
27th May 2013, 06:52 PM
Criticisms of a Devotee – A.R. Rahman

As hardcore lovers of music it is understandable that sometimes we can’t help but ask, how can we stop finding faults in our favourite artists? We feel this is some sort of unwanted behaviour from our side but we have to see if we are getting any gain from this. If we fail to acknowledge faults then our mind will give up criticising.

Generally, there are many factors that contribute to the motivation for being critical. I think the main reason is explained by the tit for tat theory. Another reason includes proving superiority.

It is fair to say that most of us listen to Rahman Ji’s music with good intentions and if by chance we do identify a fault unintentionally then it takes a lot of courage to share this with other fans but ultimately we should respect everyone’s opinions as being honest.

If we continue to pour unnecessary praise from every angle then will we ever see change? It’s good to have equality between positive and negative vibes. When we are born, our original nature is uncontaminated and free from finding faults and we see the whole world as being superior then us. When we mature we often depart from this untampered state of consciousness and feel the need to be more sophisticated in our social interactions.

Rahman Ji is a personification of spiritual progress towards our original identity i.e. when we are born. He hasn’t ever criticised anybody and I feel he certainly respects everybody as being superior. We fans definitely need to take a leaf out of his book.

Recently I’ve been listening to “Moongil Thottam” and “Enga Pona Raasaa” back to back and the feel generated by these two beauties gives me uncontrollable goosebumps. Rahman Ji has proven his spirituality through and through with countless songs which cause meditation in me. I feel we must have done some serious good deeds to be fortunate enough to be born in this age. For me this age is not “Kalyug” it is in fact “Rahman Ji Yug”.

With so many egoistic, bombastic and narcissistic people in the media a true humble leader in the form of our Rahman Ji has emerged victoriously. Ego arises from competition... people take over other’s positions so they think they are powerful and we often get fingers pointed at us for trying to undermine so and so but that depicts we are entering the material world. Whenever I feel that my mentality is hindering my spiritual progress, I often listen to Rahman Ji’s soulful songs and I get my answers in ways unimagined.

Will we reap the same spirituality as Rahman Ji if we avoid faultfinding? I believe so!

Happy Listening!

Sunil Malhotra

A.ANAND
1st June 2013, 08:36 AM
யுவன் கேட்டுக் கொண்டதால் அஜீத்துக்காக குரல் கொடுக்கும் ஏ.ஆர். ரஹ்மான்?

சென்னை: இசைப்புயல் ஏ.ஆர். ரஹ்மான் அஜீத் நடித்துள்ள பெயரிடப்படாத படத்தில் ஒரு பாடல் பாடுகிறாராம். மரியான் படத்தில் இசைப்புயல் ஏ.ஆர். ரஹ்மானுக்காக யுவன் சங்கர் ராஜா ஒரு பாடல் பாடிக் கொடுத்தார். இந்நிலையில் யுவன் தான் இசையமைக்கும் அஜீத்தின் பெயரிடப்படாத படத்தில் ஒரு பாடல் பாடுமாறு ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மானை கேட்டுக் கொண்டுள்ளார். அதற்கு ரஹ்மானும் உடனே சம்மதம் தெரிவித்துள்ளார் என்று கூறப்படுகிறது. ஆகஸ்ட் மாதம் 15ம் தேதி ரிலீஸாகவிருக்கும் இப்படத்தில் நயன்தாரா, ஆர்யா, டாப்ஸி உள்ளிட்டோரும் உள்ளனர். அண்மையில் தான் படத்தின் இறுதி கட்டப் படப்பிடிப்பு குலு மணாலியில் நடைபெற்று முடிந்தது. முன்னதாக துபாயில் அஜீத்தின் பைக், படகு சாகச காட்சிகள் படமாக்கப்பட்டன என்பது குறிப்பிடத்தக்கது.

Read more at: http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/news/2013/05/ar-rahman-croon-ajith-176367.html

A.ANAND
1st June 2013, 09:02 AM
AR RAHMAN EXCLUSICE INTERVIEW - MARIYAAN

http://www.iflickz.com/2013/05/a-r-rahmans-exclusive-interview-mariyaan.html

NOV
10th June 2013, 07:28 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BMZzYK0CQAAT2Jv.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BMZyH8MCUAIfrN1.jpg:large

Brianengab
12th June 2013, 08:16 PM
http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies/slideshow/first-date-with-the-magician/rajini---muthu.html

A.R.RAHMAN AND THE TOP HEROES

A.ANAND
13th June 2013, 04:11 PM
Virundhinar Pakkam - ARRahman Special Programme

Day : 14th June 2013
Time : 8AM IST
Channel : Sun TV

promo here

https://www.facebook.com/arrahmangallerys

A.ANAND
15th June 2013, 09:15 AM
Virundhinar Pakkam Dt 14-06-13 Music Director A R Rahman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnuBXHKe0EA

A.ANAND
15th June 2013, 09:19 AM
from the latest interview of ARR

Are you yourself a fan of any star?
ARR:I am definitely a Rajinikanth fan. I believe in many things he believes in. Learning from life is what I have learnt from him.

A.ANAND
15th June 2013, 09:19 AM
I NEVER EVER HUGGED MY MOTHER,
BUT I’M MAKING UP FOR IT IN HOLLYWOOD BY HUGGING EVERYONE
Priya Gupta

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/music/news-and-interviews/In-every-song-I-ask-help-from-God-AR-Rahman/articleshow/20587998.cms

AR Rahman, 46, is most attached to his music. He cries with sound and gets excited with tools. He has learnt to make his choices and then stand by them. He uses most of his money to build his school and equipment and is truly excited talking about being the principal of his music school. He may have just missed a close chance to work with Michael Jackson, but is working towards his dream of presenting an Indian Broadway with his students. His latest music from Raanjhanaa is extremely soulful and has entered the Mirchi Top 20 charts. He speaks to Bangalore Times about the musical instincts of his mother, his premarriage pact with his wife, and what he shares with Rajinikanth. Excerpts:
How early did you know that you would be related to music?
My mother (Kasturi Shekhar) realized it, not me. My father was an arranger for composers and a Man Friday for many of them. Those days, composers were Carnatic musicians, who would write the tunes and my father would arrange the music and so, he would be working with eight composers at the same time, working night and day. He died when I was just nine years old. For five years after my father died, my mother would rent out his musical instruments to run the house, after which she was advised to sell the equipment and live on the interest, but she refused saying, ‘No, I have my son. He will take care.’ She has music instincts.
Spiritually, she is much higher than me in the way she thinks and takes decisions, forinstance, her decision of making me take up music. She made me leave school in Class XI and take up music, and it was her conviction that music is the line for me.
Did you grudge her decision of making you quit studying?
At that time, from society’s point of view, if you were not educated, you didn’t have a life. You would probably become a taxi or rickshaw driver without education. So, naturally, I was torn at that time. And I thought that after a couple of years, when I earned enough money, I would go back to finish my education. But little did I know that education is about learning from life and putting you in a situation teaches you more than getting educated in a college. Not that studies is bad, but it’s the difference between knowledge and wisdom. Wisdom comes from within. Knowledge is acquired and can sometimes put a screen on your wisdom. Because of this unfulfillment, I have a constant itch to learn from life. But my first job of working with Ramesh Naidu, as his second keyboard player, is what helped me buy my own instruments, which then became my future.
Do you express your love to your mother?
We are not like a movie mother-son — always hugging and she saying, ‘Mera betaaaa.’ I never ever hugged my mother, but I’m making up for it in Hollywood by hugging everyone. It’s considered rude if you don’t hug there on stage.
Do you miss your father?
At times, when some important decisions have to be made, for instance, like when my sister got married. I did not know how to play those roles. Not having my father, I know how important it is to have one, so you tend to play the role of a father properly yourself. When I travel with my kids abroad, I am not myself, but I’m more a father, who wants to protect them. Sometimes, I am even aggressive about certain things and get surprised seeing myself like that, for instance, when people want to take pictures of them. I am fine if they want to take my pictures, but they are not public property.
Why do you work through the night?
It’s convenient for me. I pray five times and morning prayer is at 5.30 am. So if I sleep at 3, I can’t get up. So I stretch my work by another three hours, finish my namaz in the morning and then sleep. I am able to control my demons better in my morning namaz and so, on days when I have done my morning namaz, I am much more calm. My wife will always say, ‘Oh! You are angry today? You didn’t read your namaz in the morning?’ And she is right.
How does your wife manage with you working at night?
We had a conversation before marriage, otherwise we would have separated long back. That was my orientation to her. I had told her, if we have planned dinner and a song comes up, we will have to ditch the dinner.
While music excites you, what makes you feel low?
Every time I sit for a song, I feel I am finished. It’s like a beggar sitting waiting for God to fill your bowl with the right thought. In every song, I ask help from him. Everybody around is so good, so to create music that will connect with so many people is not humanly possible without inspiration.
How do you keep yourself levelheaded?
It’s like driving your car. If you drive too fast on the highway, you will topple, so you better maintain your speed. Life is similar to that and that’s the way you have to control your head.
When you go to Ajmer Sharif, I believe you take a rickshaw and go from the back entrance so that no one notices you?
It has happened only for the last three years, where I am scared to take a car. My mom bought a house and I felt great that I could go there for a week and stay. But the first time I went there, there were a 100 people standing outside. I never stayed there again. It’s just that internally you are extremely vulnerable at that time. People are excited and they think they are right, whereas we want peace there.
Is it different when you live in LA?
Ya, I drive a car and cook omelettes there. There is too much of work here, so I like to get away and be able to introspect there.
Which are the directors you enjoy working with?
I enjoy working with people who trust you. The more someone fights with you, your instinct weakens and you tend to say, ‘You’re the boss you tell me,’ and it becomes no one’s child. But sometimes, people push you out of your comfort zone and you produce something beautiful. The directors I have enjoyed working with are Mani Ratnam (standards extremely high and he is right up there for me), Rakeysh Om Prakash Mehra (is extremely open and trusts), Imtiaz Ali (will take you to a zone where you have not gone before), Subhash Ghai (has his own musicality), Ashutosh Gowariker (brings back lost things of Indian film music) and Aanand L Rai (interesting combination of Indianness and intrigue). All of them have an instinct for music. So it’s good to work with few people and feel satisfied.
Are you yourself a fan of any star?
I am definitely a Rajinikanth fan. I believe in many things he believes in. Learning from life is what I have learnt from him.
Any regrets?
I missed just a close chance to work with Michael Jackson. I really wanted to meet him and met him twice — once, after the Oscars and the second time, three months after that, we met through my agent who was a friend of his agent.
The first meeting was more introductory and mutual admiration. It took a while for me to be comfortable with him. It was fascinating for me that he was talking about the chords of Jai Ho. He talked about how much he loved India and how he wanted to come back. One of his assistants and his kids were playing on the side. He was fully dressed up with makeup and gloves and there was opera music playing in the background. It was on his second visit that he said, ‘AR, let’s do a song like We Are The World.’ I spent two hours each time with him. Michael was like a child and suddenly, he would start dancing and showing me his steps and say, ‘AR, this is how my every move has to come from my heart.’ He was a stroke of lightning in front of me. I wanted to take a picture, but resisted as I know how irritating it is to have someone take a picture with you. He spoke about the best things in the world about all he wants to do. It would always take a long time for people to connect with him as he had so many people in between, but we spoke 3-4 times on the phone after that. A month after my second visit, he died.
Is it different to work in Hollywood versus working in India?
India is so much easier than Hollywood. I have been able to do so much here, due to the trust and people investing money in me and I have no complaints. Hollywood works in two ways. One, is to work with people like Danny Boyle, who is like a Mani Ratnam and completely trusts you. And then there are studio movies, where a panel of people control you and your music. Even though this panel is not ordinary and includes some of the best actors and musicians, it is difficult to pass them. Since they put hundreds of millions of dollars behind a movie, they need to play it safe and have themselves covered. I like both, as I am in a space there where all the people I have admired all my life, are just a street away from my place in LA. I don’t recognize them, but they do due to my brown skin. When you win an Oscar, you also become an Academy winner, where you can vote for every category and have access to free screenings for all the movies with a plus one. I have learnt structure there, but it is the Indian film industry that has made the world look at me.

NOV
15th June 2013, 06:23 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BMx_fw9CQAEbYR0.jpg:large

NOV
15th June 2013, 06:26 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BMx_8XGCEAA-Uau.jpg:large

Sunil_M88
15th June 2013, 09:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dM5ytAZDoSI

A.ANAND
22nd June 2013, 04:41 PM
thalaivar has shared an this funny video on facebook n twitter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJfc8jxkijE&sns=em

lol!!!

Brianengab
22nd June 2013, 10:55 PM
Tomo. a live interview wil be telecastng 4 pm on jaya tv... Dont miss it fans .... :)

A.ANAND
23rd June 2013, 11:58 AM
'Reflections' is a tribute to those who contributed to Rahman's music

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/reflections-is-a-tribute-to-those-who-contributed-to-rahmans-music/400901-8-66.html

Brianengab
24th June 2013, 02:04 PM
yesterday jaya tv show...

http://tamilcinema24.com/photo-galleries/maryan-promo-event-images/images/maryan-promo-event-images01.jpg

A.ANAND
25th June 2013, 01:32 PM
http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies/haricharan-wedding-reception/haricharan-wedding-reception-event.html

THALAIVAR AT HARICHARAN WEDDING RECEPTION

NOV
25th June 2013, 05:02 PM
A.R.Rahman ‏@arrahman now
Pre-order my new book on http://www.audiomedia.in

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BNmgVexCMAI-7FL.jpg:large

A.ANAND
28th June 2013, 11:00 AM
Performing Artist Vilas Nayak creating a portrait of A R Rahman in less tha 5 mints!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Yh17abyaEw

Brianengab
29th June 2013, 10:19 PM
http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/q77/s720x720/1013827_423065927808015_860271136_n.jpg

Brianengab
1st July 2013, 10:24 PM
http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies/event-photos-pictures-stills/a-r-rahmans-reflection-book-launch/reflection-book-launch-stills-photos-pictures-index.html

REFLECTION BOOK LAUNCH - PHOTOS

A.ANAND
2nd July 2013, 04:26 PM
'Dil Se – A Tribute To Rahman' by over 40 Delhi musicians

AR Rahman and his work will be celebrated by over 40 Delhi musicians, who will play at a tribute concert for the composer, in the capital on July 6.

Called 'Dil Se - A Tribute To Rahman', the concert will relive some of Rahman's earlier compositions and move to his most popular commercial songs.

They will be performed by a choir of 30 Delhi vocalists and 15 musicians from the city, including members of bands like Parikrama, flute player Ritesh Prasanna of Varanasi, Anindo Bose of Advaita, and production director Nilotpal Sinha.

A.ANAND
2nd July 2013, 04:52 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/3/1674456.html

Brianengab
3rd July 2013, 11:37 AM
http://www.dailythanthi.com/Desire%20anything%20for%20money-Music%20quality%20films%27%27%20agree%27%27-A.%20R.%20Rahman

பணத்துக்கு ஆசைப்படுவதில்லை ‘‘தரமான படங்களுக்கே இசையமைக்க ஒப்புக்கொள்கிறேன்’’-ஏ.ஆர்.ரகுமான்

‘‘பணத்துக்கு நான் ஆசைப்படுவதில்லை. தரமான படங்களுக்கே இசையமைக்க ஒப்புக்கொள்கிறேன்’’ என்று இசையமைப்பாளர் ஏ.ஆர்.ரகுமான் கூறினார்.

பாடல் வெளியீடு

சூர்யா–ஜோதிகா நடித்த ‘சில்லுன்னு ஒரு காதல்’ படத்தை டைரக்டு செய்தவர், கிருஷ்ணா. இவருடைய டைரக்ஷனில், ‘நெடுஞ்சாலை’ என்ற புதிய படம் உருவாகி இருக்கிறது. இந்த படத்தின் பாடல்கள் வெளியீட்டு விழா, சென்னை கமலா தியேட்டரில் நடந்தது. பாடல்களை, இசையமைப்பாளர் ஏ.ஆர்.ரகுமான் வெளியிட, டைரக்டர் ஏ.ஆர்.முருகதாஸ் பெற்றுக் கொண்டார்.

விழாவில், ஏ.ஆர்.ரகுமான் பேசியதாவது:–

தரமான படங்கள்

‘‘பட அதிபர் தாணு மூலம் எனக்கு டைரக்டர் கிருஷ்ணா அறிமுகம் ஆனார். அவர் உணர்ச்சிகரமாக கதை சொல்வது எனக்கு பிடிக்கும். இப்போது அவர் புதுமுகங்களை வைத்து, ஒரு தரமான படத்தை இயக்கி இருக்கிறார். ரசிகர்கள் இப்போதெல்லாம் பெரிய படமா, சின்ன படமா? என்று பார்ப்பதில்லை. தரமான படமாக இருந்தால், ரசிக்கிறார்கள்.

நான் தமிழ் படங்களில் அதிக கவனம் செலுத்த ஆரம்பித்து இருக்கிறேன். 3 தமிழ் படங்களுக்கு இசையமைக்க ஒப்புக் கொண்டிருக்கிறேன். 10 இந்தி படங்களுக்கும் இசையமைக்கிறேன் :bluejump:. பணத்துக்காக ஆசைப்படுவதில்லை. படத்தின் தரத்தை தெரிந்து கொண்டு இசையமைக்க ஒப்புக்கொள்கிறேன்.’’ :bow:

இவ்வாறு ஏ.ஆர்.ரகுமான் கூறினார்.

Brianengab
3rd July 2013, 11:56 AM
New Hollywood movie ?? :roll: :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Million_Dollar_Arm_(film)

Million Dollar Arm

SoftSword
3rd July 2013, 03:54 PM
adhane... wat is it?? the cast and crew look boring too...

Brianengab
3rd July 2013, 04:33 PM
the cast and crew look boring too...

I personally lik ARR to work in adventure/superhero movies lik 'Iron man', 'Spiderman'...Ella adventure/superhero movies music'laam ore maathiriya irukku (in my point of view)...Thalaivar antha maathiri padathukku music potta konjam different'a irukkum....

Brianengab
3rd July 2013, 04:33 PM
Thalaivar silent'aa niraiya padam sign pandraar pola...10 hindi films soldraar...athu ena ena padam solli iruntha nalla irunthirukkum...ipothaikku namakku therinju, 'Highway' , 'Paani' pandraar...mmm...etho varushathukku naalu anju albums vantha super'aa irukkum...

Brianengab
3rd July 2013, 06:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=43qg__UKsUo

A.ANAND
4th July 2013, 11:16 AM
AR Rahman is my Inspiration - AR Murugadoss @ Nedunjalai Audio Launch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oghB13bBk-E

A.ANAND
5th July 2013, 01:14 PM
10 இந்தி படங்களுக்கும் இசையமைக்கிறேன்!

Just rumor!!!

A.ANAND
9th July 2013, 03:04 PM
MARIYAAN JAYA TV SPECIAL -ARR - DHANUSH - BARATH BALA

http://www.techsatish.net/2013/07/ar-rahman-danush-special-show.html

Sunil_M88
9th July 2013, 05:10 PM
Thanks for the share. Great cover of Naetru Aval in the second clip at 7.25 onwards

NOV
11th July 2013, 07:24 AM
Due to schedule incompatibility, I will not be scoring the Hollywood movie "Seventh Son " All other movies are on in full swing!

A.ANAND
12th July 2013, 12:24 PM
AR Rahman Is Scared Of New Music Directors

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MvIyCuZ20I

A.ANAND
15th July 2013, 11:16 AM
With the SINGAM and the ISAI PUYAL..!!!

https://twitter.com/ThisIsDSP/status/355841377629790208

Brianengab
15th July 2013, 09:41 PM
http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/q71/s720x720/65201_430962860351655_246716755_n.jpg

A.ANAND
16th July 2013, 02:34 PM
AR RAHMAN : ‘I have been a slave so far… now I want to go my own way’

Submitted by starblockbuster on Sat, 2013-07-13 15:19

The Mozart of Madras talks about his evolution as an artist and why he has moved away from film music
by Ankita Chaurasia

You’re scoring for very few films these days, is that a conscious decision?
I have been a slave so far. (Smiles) And that’s good because unless one is pulled in every other direction, he usually gets nowhere. When I came into this field, I was seeing a world which nobody had. I wasn’t interested in sustaining my tenure, I just wanted to make a statement and get away. That forced me be really wild.

Wild? In what way?
(Laughs) I wanted to be this guy who doles out idlis and also the guy who makes the chutney. And I did both for a while. That’s a good direction for new people to go. But now that I have been around for a while, I feel I have done enough of that. Now I want to go my own way.

So, is it adieu to film music then?
(Smiles) No, but now I choose my projects after much consideration. Film music is restrictive and though my producers give me the liberty to create my own music, I know I’ll still be bound by the script.

I have started viewing music as an art form today, which it essentially is. I realised that after meeting Andrew (Llyod Webber). He changed the way I was looking at music. He made me see myself as one of the select few who had the chance of indulging the artist in me.

Andrew asked me to tell him a story. I was incredulous! I told him that I was a musician and not a story-teller. He told me that I should view a composition like a canvas that I could fill with colors of my choice. He opened my eyes to the fact that my art form could bring about a change in the world.

Go on…
(Smiles) I also met Vangelis in Greece who used to paint. And I thought to myself, “Why can’t I think like an artist?” I understood that art is not about making people happy all the time.

And that inspired you to bring out your non-film album Infinite Love?
Yes, that and the fact that I have always believed in the power of love, only before it had not occurred to me that I could express myself through music. (Smiles) I always thought you had to do community service to spread love. But, I have come to realize now that it’s the message that is important and not the medium.

But film producers must still hound?
They do and I try to accommodate as many as possible into my schedule. But, the truth is that there’s only a limited number of songs you can compose, without affecting the quality.

Aren’t you taking the ‘Mozart of Madras’ tag a little too seriously? You only accommodate producers from down South?
(Laughs) I am most comfortable down South. Everyone knows me there.

You are being modest?
(Laughs) Okay, I admit most people would recognize me in most parts of India. But, the point is that Madras or Chennai is home. I can never feel as happy in Manhattan or Mumbai as I do in Madras. And, if I am not happy, my work will suffer. n

We’ve been told it also suffers if you don’t work late at night?
(Laughs) So the world knows my secret now. Yes, night is when I have made my best compositions. There’s something magical in those hours when the world has slept and your mind is suddenly a vacuum. I fill that space up with my music.

MTV Coke Studio this season will be showcasing some of your new work?
It will be showcasing the work which I have been doing for a while now. One is an album with Ghulam Mustafa Khan saab which we did three years ago. Another, Chemical Roses, was co-conceived with my sisters. There’s a song based on a Rabindranath Tagore’s poem, Where the mind is without fear. I have collaborated with diverse artists such as Ani Choying Drolma, a Buddhist monk from Nepal, Jordanian singer Farah Siraj, Sivamani and percussion students from my music school for it.

What’s your theme?
Spreading happiness which I think the world is in dire need of today.

Is independent music and the concert culture the future of music in India as well?
Definitely, you can’t be as flexible in any other medium. I see musicians here turning into artists soon who value the art over money. In India, our careers outscore our passion. But, the focus is shifting and the music scenario will soon change. Even I have evolved from an introvert producer who remained behind-the-scenes to a musician playing with Mick Jagger and the gang of SuperHeavy.

How much involved are you with your compositions today? Is it limited to just the music or do you also dabble in the post-production?
(Smiles) I am completely involved, from the beginning to the end. I mix my own music and there’s so much more you can do with technology these days. You can experiment, change the feel and appeal of the song. It’s good to learn the basics of making music and also a bit of the aesthetics. It’s what I do to earn a living, after all!

‘I knew Raanjhanaa would be a musical delight’
‘I had a great time composing music for Raanjhanaa. Few films allow the kind of creative liberties I could take with this romance-drama. Everything from the background score to the actual song was put there for a reason. I felt I directed the music of the film as much Anand directed the film, though his degree of involvement was greater. When we discussed the script, I knew the film should be musical delight to compliment the story. And, I have received many accolades since its release.’

You’re scoring for very few films these days, is that a conscious decision?
I have been a slave so far. (Smiles) And that’s good because unless one is pulled in every other direction, he usually gets nowhere. When I came into this field, I was seeing a world which nobody had. I wasn’t interested in sustaining my tenure, I just wanted to make a statement and get away. That forced me be really wild.

Wild? In what way?
(Laughs) I wanted to be this guy who doles out idlis and also the guy who makes the chutney. And I did both for a while. That’s a good direction for new people to go. But now that I have been around for a while, I feel I have done enough of that. Now I want to go my own way.

So, is it adieu to film music then?
(Smiles) No, but now I choose my projects after much consideration. Film music is restrictive and though my producers give me the liberty to create my own music, I know I’ll still be bound by the script.

I have started viewing music as an art form today, which it essentially is. I realised that after meeting Andrew (Llyod Webber). He changed the way I was looking at music. He made me see myself as one of the select few who had the chance of indulging the artist in me.

Andrew asked me to tell him a story. I was incredulous! I told him that I was a musician and not a story-teller. He told me that I should view a composition like a canvas that I could fill with colors of my choice. He opened my eyes to the fact that my art form could bring about a change in the world.

Go on…
(Smiles) I also met Vangelis in Greece who used to paint. And I thought to myself, “Why can’t I think like an artist?” I understood that art is not about making people happy all the time.

And that inspired you to bring out your non-film album Infinite Love?
Yes, that and the fact that I have always believed in the power of love, only before it had not occurred to me that I could express myself through music. (Smiles) I always thought you had to do community service to spread love. But, I have come to realize now that it’s the message that is important and not the medium.

But film producers must still hound?
They do and I try to accommodate as many as possible into my schedule. But, the truth is that there’s only a limited number of songs you can compose, without affecting the quality.

Aren’t you taking the ‘Mozart of Madras’ tag a little too seriously? You only accommodate producers from down South?
(Laughs) I am most comfortable down South. Everyone knows me there.

You are being modest?
(Laughs) Okay, I admit most people would recognize me in most parts of India. But, the point is that Madras or Chennai is home. I can never feel as happy in Manhattan or Mumbai as I do in Madras. And, if I am not happy, my work will suffer. n

We’ve been told it also suffers if you don’t work late at night?
(Laughs) So the world knows my secret now. Yes, night is when I have made my best compositions. There’s something magical in those hours when the world has slept and your mind is suddenly a vacuum. I fill that space up with my music.

MTV Coke Studio this season will be showcasing some of your new work?
It will be showcasing the work which I have been doing for a while now. One is an album with Ghulam Mustafa Khan saab which we did three years ago. Another, Chemical Roses, was co-conceived with my sisters. There’s a song based on a Rabindranath Tagore’s poem, Where the mind is without fear. I have collaborated with diverse artists such as Ani Choying Drolma, a Buddhist monk from Nepal, Jordanian singer Farah Siraj, Sivamani and percussion students from my music school for it.

What’s your theme?
Spreading happiness which I think the world is in dire need of today.

Is independent music and the concert culture the future of music in India as well?
Definitely, you can’t be as flexible in any other medium. I see musicians here turning into artists soon who value the art over money. In India, our careers outscore our passion. But, the focus is shifting and the music scenario will soon change. Even I have evolved from an introvert producer who remained behind-the-scenes to a musician playing with Mick Jagger and the gang of SuperHeavy.

How much involved are you with your compositions today? Is it limited to just the music or do you also dabble in the post-production?
(Smiles) I am completely involved, from the beginning to the end. I mix my own music and there’s so much more you can do with technology these days. You can experiment, change the feel and appeal of the song. It’s good to learn the basics of making music and also a bit of the aesthetics. It’s what I do to earn a living, after all!

‘My children have turned into night owls too’
When my children were young, making music late in the night was my way of spending some quality time with Khatija, Rahima and Ameen. We started hanging out together that way. Now, they have turned into night owls too. My daughter just scored 94 per cent in her board exams. My son's pretty good in studies too. Thankfully, I don’t think the late hours have affected their academics.
Before you ask, yes, they are interested in music. I think it is normal when you grow up in an environment where music is discussed every day. Do I see them as musicians? I don't know. It's up to them to decide.

WHAT MAKES RAHMAN RAHMAN?

Anand Rai (Director): ‘He is a genius; calling him anything else wouldn’t be enough’
Working with AR Rahman is completely different from working with any other music director. For once, we discussed the script, not the songs that I wanted or the ones felt should be there. He understood the character and the emotions the characters go through at any particular time in the story. So you had a ‘Banarasiya…’ when Kundan in happy, Zoya and Akram rebel with ‘Tu man shudhi…’ and there’s a soulful ‘Piya milenge…’ playing in the background when Kundan takes Zoya to Punjab. He is a genius; calling him anything else wouldn’t be enough!

Madhushree (Singer): ‘People mistake his silence for arrogance but he is very simple’
I owe my name to Rahman sir. My real name is Sujata Bhattacharya. He rerchistened me. People mistake his silence for arrogance, but he is very simple. He has been flooded with offers and is very busy, but he always has time for friends. When he has a song which he thinks I can pull off, he will call me without a second thought. Once when I couldn’t get the pitch right and he kept teasing me by singing the first few lines in high pitch. I am not comfortable in Tamil and he keeps joking about that too.

G.V. Prakash (Composer): ‘He inspired me to make a career in music’
I am his nephew so it’s a given that I’ll be a little biased towards the man. But, it’s difficult not to be. He has been a mentor and taught me the nuances of music. But, besides that, he inspired me to make a career in music. He is a great idol to have. Plus, his experience in the industry has helped me avoid unwanted mistakes. There have been many instances when he has come to my rescue as a musician and I can’t thank him enough for that.

Sukhwinder Singh (Singer): ‘He is the world’s best magician’
AR Rahman changed the way Bollywood makes music. When he called me for ‘Chhaiya chhaiya...’ I sang the song against the beat of tablas and harmonium. I thought it was only a test but Rahman recoreded the whole song, changed the music arrangement and the result is for all to see. He is a marvelous technician and a sound engineer. In fact, when you work with him you realise he’s the world’s best magician. I’m spellbound!

‘He made me sing the Buddhist mantra’
A nun musician on the “amazing” maestro
Ani Choying Drolma, a nun from Nepal who is known internationally or her Buddhist hymns and chants, has been a professional spiritual singer since 1998. This year she got a call from Rahman’s assistant when she was in Macau asking me to be a part of his episode in MTV Coke Studio. “I happily accepted it, Rahman is known worldwide for his music. As a nun I have always believed that whatever I do is fruitful and meaningful. Music is the most beautiful form which can bring about a change in society and Rehman has mastered the skill,” she raves.
Quiz her on her experiences of working with the maestro and she says that if she had to describe him in one word it word it would be “amazing”. She adds, “He made me sing the Buddhist mantra, something I am comfortable with.”
-- Nikita Thakkar

http://starblockbuster.com/ar-rahman-%E2%80%98i-have-been-slave-so-far%E2%80%A6-now-i-want-go-my-own-way%E2%80%99

A.ANAND
16th July 2013, 02:35 PM
A R Rahman at Filmfare Awards '98 - Best Music (Dil Se)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trZuJriKauo&feature=youtu.be

SoftSword
16th July 2013, 03:16 PM
thats a good interview...

Brianengab
19th July 2013, 11:56 PM
A.R. Rahman

Folks down under..catch me performing live in Sydney @ Allphones arena on the 24th of August

Brianengab
21st July 2013, 08:28 AM
@ Last nit filmfare award function

http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/q73/s720x720/971151_433567100091231_504611685_n.jpg

Brianengab
21st July 2013, 10:51 PM
Rahman ji..show ur feet... :bow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Jr9_xvfr6bI

Sunil_M88
24th July 2013, 08:36 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BP3SM2VCQAEHd2O.jpg

Brianengab
29th July 2013, 12:50 AM
Rahman on the way... :boo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9kzteFe19wo

Brianengab
30th July 2013, 07:33 PM
Rahmanishq... Spread the music... :bow:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.347196338743675.1073741830.336187786511197&type=1&l=d192dcd25e

A.ANAND
31st July 2013, 07:33 AM
AR Rahman at the unveiling of 'Rahman Ishq

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JCc5sejEOo

north indian sing tamil song and learn tamil because love arr songs!
proud to be ARR bakhthan!!!

Brianengab
2nd August 2013, 08:56 PM
http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies/event-photos-pictures-stills/ar-rahman--the-launch-of-mtv-coke-studios-season-3/ar-rahman--the-launch-of-mtv-coke-studios-season-3-stills-photos-pictures.html

AR RAHMAN @ THE LAUNCH OF MTV COKE STUDIOS SEASON 3 - IMAGES

baba88
4th August 2013, 03:58 PM
This is a song from Harris jayaraj and selvaraghavan new movie irandam ulagam called vinnaithaandi

http://www23.zippyshare.com/v/88072899/file.html

Is it just me or do some parts of the song sound like ARR's commonwealth theme song?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XSuiXfYLNJ4&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DXSuiXfYLNJ4

A.ANAND
11th August 2013, 06:23 PM
Mukesh Ambani launches AR Rahman's Music College | Nita Ambani

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaSgA7_Z9Vw

A.ANAND
12th August 2013, 04:58 PM
There was a buzz in the industry that AR Rahman has set up a production company called Y M Movies. Rahman never officially confirmed the news and it was even dismissed as a rumour. But now TOI has details of his maiden venture as a producer.

AR Rahman to produce Hindi film

The film will go on floors this year and it will be made in Hindi. Rahman has written the story in collaboration with a team of international and local talents. The director and the cast are yet to be finalised.

The film will be coproduced by Y M Movies and Eros International. A deal was struck between the two on Friday afternoon.

No prizes for guessing, Rahman will compose the music of the film.

Sunil_M88
13th August 2013, 06:48 PM
Jagao Mere Des Ko - A.R Rahman, Suchi, Blaaze - Coke Studio @ MTV Season 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FKEy_RWwQk

lancelot
14th August 2013, 06:29 AM
What is this Coke Studio thing? Did he do only two songs?

satissh_r
14th August 2013, 06:42 AM
Coke Studio - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coke_Studio_(India) , he's done a total of 7 songs I think. This season's episodes haven't started yet, they have just released a couple of songs to generate interest I guess.

A.ANAND
15th August 2013, 04:15 PM
isaipuyal interview thanthitv

http://rahman360.com/?p=6102

Very interesting interview!must watch!!

A.ANAND
15th August 2013, 04:18 PM
Jagao Mere Des Ko - A.R Rahman, Suchi, Blaaze - Coke Studio @ MTV Season 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FKEy_RWwQk

outstanding!!!

A.ANAND
18th August 2013, 12:46 PM
naan yen piranthen [coke studio MTV]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2rGhnGuCy0

Aao Balma - A.R Rahman, Padmabhushan Ustad Ghulam Mustafa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UZhioKe8vg

Brianengab
26th August 2013, 12:07 PM
A.R.Rahman

Online ticketing for Kolkata and Vizag locations of the Rahmanishq concert tour has gone live...
Tickets can be... http://fb.me/2XVOS49uA