PDA

View Full Version : Oscar Thamizhan 'Isaipuyal' AR Rahman News/Updates

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11

ajaybaskar
20th April 2012, 12:21 AM
Not a rumour. Parthiban has more or less confirmed that in FB. Check Siva's post. :)

SoftSword
20th April 2012, 12:57 AM
super news thalaiva!!

yelelO... yele yelaelO....

NOV
20th April 2012, 08:35 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/551405_202423373194583_153944858042435_251056_1950 403122_n.jpg

A.ANAND
21st April 2012, 01:56 AM
Rahman’s Kollywood ‘comeback’

In 2011, he did not have a single Tamil release. But A R Rahman is set to change all that this year, with some big films in Kollywood.

While he's currently working on the music for Mani Ratnam's Kadal and Rajinikanth's Kochadaiyaan, he also has Mariyaan - Dhanush's film with Bharatbala - lined up. Also on the cards is Gautham Menon's Yohan with Vijay and perhaps a film with director Shankar as well.

When we quizzed Rahman about it, he says, "Yes, it's a comeback of sorts for me. I'm making up for my absence."

A source says that as the musician had his hands full with concerts and Bollywood/ Hollywood projects last year, he plans to concentrate on Kollywood films this year. "Rahman is very excited to be back on home turf and working with people with whom he shares a wonderful relationship," reveals a source, "When Mani Ratnam called him over to the sets of Kadal by the sea shore, Rahman jumped at the opportunity. He is also working extensively on Rajini's project and is ensuring that the tunes turn out well."

With Mani's flick slated to release first, here's hoping the Mani-ARR magic returns on-screen! Check out Stars Homepage

A.ANAND
21st April 2012, 02:04 AM
Not a rumour. Parthiban has more or less confirmed that in FB. Check Siva's post. :)

raja puranam paadi salichi pochunnu, ippa rahman tern -ikku vanthu tara intha 'kavithai kirukkan'!innum intha aala nanbi kittu kirukangga innum!enakku parthiban padamum 'power star'padamum onnuthan!semma kamadiya irukkum.thalaivar thaana poi eppadithan ippadi maatikiraro!!!

baroque
24th April 2012, 06:02 AM
http://cinema.dinakaran.com/cinema/KollywoodDetail.aspx?id=6756&id1=3

yeah... 5 albums min/yr , idhu correct, sondha family kavanichundey, poyee suthungalen Hollywood,Australia medai katcheri etc..

manojsmba
24th April 2012, 12:27 PM
2011 ஒன்னுமே இல்லை: இந்த வருஷம் 6 போதுமா ஏ ஆர் ரஹ்மான்!
http://www.tamilfun.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/250x250tamilfun.gif (http://www.tamilfun.com/)
இசைப்புயல் ஏ ஆர் ரஹ்மான் போன வருடம் என்ன காரணத்தினாலோ எந்த தமிழ் படத்திற்கும் இசை அமைக்கவில்லை. ஆனால் அந்தக் குறையை இந்த வருடம் போக்குவது போல் கை நிறைய தமிழ் படங்களை வைத்திருக்கிறார் இசைப்புயல். இதில் முதலில் வரவிருக்கும் படம் சூப்பர் ஸ்டார் ரஜினியின் கோச்சடையான் படப் பாடல்கள்தான்.செப்டம்பர் அல்லது தீபாவளிக்கு இந்தப் படம் வருகிறது.
இன்னொரு முக்கியமான படம் மணிரத்னம் இயக்கும் கடல். ரொம்ப விசேஷமாக, படப்பிடிப்பு நடக்கும் கடல்புரத்துக்கே போய் பாடல்களை உருவாக்கியுள்ளார் இசைப் புயல்.
இவை தவிர, விஜய் நடிக்கும் யோஹன், தனுஷ் நடிக்கும் மரியான், கோச்சடையானுக்குப் பின் ரஜினி தொடங்கவிருக்கும் புதிய படம் என ஆறு படங்கள். கவுதம் மேனனின் சீரியல் ஒன்றிற்கும் இசை தர அவர் ஒப்புக் கொண்டுள்ளார்.
இதுகுறித்து ரஹ்மான் கூறுகையில், “நான் தமிழில் கடந்த ஆண்டு பணியாற்றாமல் இருந்ததற்கு எந்த காரணமும் இல்லை. சூழ்நிலை அப்படி அமைந்துவிட்டது. அதனை ஈடு செய்யும் வகையில் இந்த ஆண்டு பாடல்கள் தந்துவிடுவேன்,” என்கிறார் தனக்கே உரிய புன்னகையுடன் ரஹ்மான்!
http://www.tamilcnn.com/archives/7922.html
Super line up... ella project um promising aa irukkum nu ninaikkiren...

Siv.S
25th April 2012, 06:48 PM
Isn’t there some talk about a TV series with R Parthiban?

Yes – we’re starting in a month’s time. We’re doing a series of episodes based on a central character who happens to be a cop. It’s set in Chennai and it’s about crime in the city and how cops handle it. It’s also an emotional story about this cop who’s a widower and with a daughter. It’s going to be very interesting. And it’s going to have music by A R Rahman, incidentally.

That’s a first, isn’t it? Bringing A R Rahman to the small-screen? How difficult was it to manage it?

Oh, he was perfectly OK with it. Didn’t take any convincing at all, because he said, We really should improve the quality of programmes on TV. Television is so bad; we must do something to better it. It will be like, one hour episodes, hopefully Monday to Friday.
http://princessodyssey.wordpress.com/2012/04/25/speech-with-the-spitfire-gautam-vasudev-menon/

A.ANAND
26th April 2012, 01:49 AM
AR Rahman, Aamir Khan & Salman Khan lead popularity on Facebook

thalaivar at no.1 8.1 followers

MUMBAI: Talent in the Indian film Industry is not only appreciated through the awards they receive, now fans have a direct way of showing their admiration - through Facebook.

Bollywood Musician AR Rahman leads in popularity with 8.1 million Facebook 'likes'. He is followed by Aamir Khan at 4.4 million likes. Close is superstar Salman Khan at 4.1 million likes.

Priyanka Chopra and Shah Rukh Khan are the other two that make it in the top 5.

Facebook currently has 901 million users. With an expectation to pass the one billion user mark before the end of this year, Facebook's debut into the NASDAQ is keenly awaited.

http://www.businessofcinema.com/news.php?newsid=20571

A.ANAND
26th April 2012, 01:54 AM
ARR says

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.344564182245113.87026.340612352640296&type= 3

Parthyy
26th April 2012, 02:24 PM
what he says??//pacebook,ytube blocked

A.ANAND
27th April 2012, 01:52 AM
what he says??//pacebook,ytube blocked

Quotes from A.R.Rahman with philosophiy.taken from arryg.

ajaybaskar
28th April 2012, 09:47 AM
AR Rahman set to thrill his fans

AR Rahman's last film in Kollywood was Vinnai Thaandi Varuvaya (???) but that was in 2010. After that, the music director did not sign up any Tamil film as his focus was entirely in Hollywood and international films.

The Oscar winner has now decided to shift his focus back to Kollywood. As usual, he has a number of prestigious projects in his kitty. Rajinikanth's Kochadaiyaan, Mani Ratnam's Kadal, Vijay's Yohan Adhyayam Ondru, and Kamal's film which needs a title, are some of the films that has been announced officially.

Apart from these films, Rahman is in talks with some more filmmakers and will decide on signing the dotted lines. Years 2011 and 2012 will be musical treat for music buff out there.

music man
2nd May 2012, 10:12 AM
Hi all!!

Met Keith Peters today morning. I was on my way to the office and I saw him buying something from a road side shop. He was so simple. I even had doubts whether he was the real person. I went near him, introduced myself and asked him hesitatingly Sir.......er....u r guitarist?? Before i could complete, he nodded his head.Yes..Then i asked him...Sir!!! U r the great Keith Peters???. He smiled and said yes...

Then we shook hands and I said how i missed him a couple of times near Perambur Loco Works road..He smiled and replied.."I live here".

I was barely able to speak a word..I just said "I am privileged to meet you and I am your biggest fan" I said twice and shook hands again..Didn't want to disturb him...I didn't even get his autograph:-(

ajaybaskar
2nd May 2012, 12:32 PM
:) Good man to meet, Music Man.

A.ANAND
6th May 2012, 08:52 PM
a.r.rahman's speech at miami university commencement,spring 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8JyvDaLahc

watch from 48 mins

-arryg

Siv.S
7th May 2012, 12:28 PM
Miami university awarded Honorary Doctorate to AR Rahman!!

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/530102_10150816302016720_63441126719_9923553_13572 59449_n.jpg

A.ANAND
10th May 2012, 08:17 AM
Official Pics from Miami University

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150782563937875.397896.75387987874&type=3

-arryg

ajithfederer
10th May 2012, 08:23 AM
Machi, Open the Bottle. Officially an American Graduate now :smokesmirk: :clap:.

Official Pics from Miami University

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150782563937875.397896.75387987874&type=3

-arryg

Sunil_M88
10th May 2012, 05:12 PM

Sprind Commencement 2012

Roshan
10th May 2012, 05:18 PM

Sprind Commencement 2012

That's a very beautiful picture and looks poetic. Thanks Sunil for uploading :) How can we make the picture appear big? I still have not got the hang of posting pictures in the hub. So confusing.

littlemaster1982
10th May 2012, 06:08 PM
http://i45.tinypic.com/169i1as.jpg

Roshan
10th May 2012, 06:25 PM
Thanks Senthil. How do we make it appear big? Please help ..

littlemaster1982
10th May 2012, 06:35 PM
Upload the image to sites like www.tinypic.com and you will get a link for the image with .jpg extn. To post it here, type Imagelink.jpg.

Roshan
10th May 2012, 07:10 PM
oh ok. Thanks :)

A.ANAND
11th May 2012, 01:27 PM
நான்காவது முறையாக 'டாக்டரான' இசைப்புயல்!

http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2012/05/miami-university-conferred-fourth-doctorate-ar-rahman-153801.html

ennamo naalavthu muraya pilla pethukitta mathiri illa podaranga title-la!nalla kelaparaangai'ya peethiya!

V_S
11th May 2012, 07:54 PM
a.r.rahman's speech at miami university commencement,spring 2012
watch from 48 mins
-arryg
Thanks a lot Anand for the video. Congratulations to Rahman.:clap: Another big feat! Enticing speech and great performance. What is the instrument he was playing?. I saw this in 'Super Heavy' too.

SoftSword
11th May 2012, 08:00 PM
are u speaking abt continuum?

Sunil_M88
11th May 2012, 08:00 PM
The Haken Continuum Fingerboard

Sunil_M88
11th May 2012, 08:01 PM
SS, beat me to it hehe :thumbsup:

V_S
11th May 2012, 08:07 PM
Yes, that's the one, looks like keyboard, but it has amazing sound in it. Thanks SS and Sunil. :smile:

SoftSword
11th May 2012, 08:13 PM
lol i jus guessed as i din see the video...

vs... listen to the lastone minute of rehna tu song frim delhi 6... bliss...

V_S
11th May 2012, 08:39 PM
I think I am getting what you say about rehna tu, will listen this evening. Thanks SS. My most favorite ARR album post oscars (that's when I listened). Every song in that soundtrack is a gem.

SoftSword
11th May 2012, 08:46 PM
yes it was delhi 6 for me too... but now rockstar has swallowed it... not all of sudden...but slowly... song by song... month by month...

V_S
11th May 2012, 10:50 PM
/dig
SS,
I think it can open to a nice discussion. :smile: Yes, too adore Rockstar a lot. I mentioned Delhi-6 mainly in terms of every composition in that soundtrack. Normally we like some songs in a soundtrack more and some times we tend to even skip some. If I were to pick my top ARR soundtracks and most listened soundtracks (without able to pick the best and without skipping any song), I know it is way too difficult and it will not reflect the true picture. With my limited knowledge on ARR soundtracks and interests, these would be my choices in that order. Thiruda Thiruda, KKKK, Alaipaayuthey, Delhi-6, Minsara Kanavu, Rang De Basanti, Jodha Akbar, VTV, Sivaji, Kannathil Muthamittaal.

/end-dig

A.ANAND
12th May 2012, 10:17 AM
Technical awards of IIFA announced

thalaivar recived best bgm for rockstar

MUMBAI: The International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) has announced winners of the 'Technical Awards' categories for this year's IIFA Awards to be held at Singapore from 7 to 9 June.

Zoya Akhtar's Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara has garnered the highest number of awards in the technical category bagging the award for cinematography (Carlos Catalan), best editing (Anand Subaya), best choreography (Bosco Caesar) for the song Senorita and the best sound mixing award to Anuj Mathur and Baylon Fonseca.

Following that was the Shah Rukh starrer Ra.One, which has won four awards including awards for best production designer (Sabu Cyril), best sound recording (Resul Pookutty and Amrit Pritam Dutta), best song recording (Vijay Dayal) and best special effects to Red Chillies VFX.

Milan Luthria's The Dirty Picture has bagged three IIFA awards - Rajat Arora for best dialogue, Niharika Khan for costume designing and Vikram Gaikwad for best make-up. Rohit Shetty's Singham has won an IIFA for best action (Jai Singh Nijjar) and AR Rahman for the best backgroud score for Imtaz Ali's Rockstar.

The winners will receive their trophies at the IIFA Rocks on 8 June.

SoftSword
12th May 2012, 06:02 PM
/dig
SS,
I think it can open to a nice discussion. :smile: Yes, too adore Rockstar a lot. I mentioned Delhi-6 mainly in terms of every composition in that soundtrack. Normally we like some songs in a soundtrack more and some times we tend to even skip some. If I were to pick my top ARR soundtracks and most listened soundtracks (without able to pick the best and without skipping any song), I know it is way too difficult and it will not reflect the true picture. With my limited knowledge on ARR soundtracks and interests, these would be my choices in that order. Thiruda Thiruda, KKKK, Alaipaayuthey, Delhi-6, Minsara Kanavu, Rang De Basanti, Jodha Akbar, VTV, Sivaji, Kannathil Muthamittaal.

/end-dig

quite nice choices VS.... enakku win-win dhaan...
btw, /dig - idhu kusumbu dhanae..

V_S
12th May 2012, 07:34 PM
appdi illa sir. :smile: Anand and everyone are giving updates about Rahman and his music in this thread as the title also says the same, but my post was just my experience, so thought it was a dig from the usual flow of updates.

SoftSword
12th May 2012, 07:36 PM
VS... keep coming and write watever u feel related to rahman...
adhukku dhaan indha thread... just feel at home...

V_S
12th May 2012, 07:49 PM
Thanks SS. Sure, I too wanted to write about my favorites of ARR which I love the most, long time ago, Some how it is not happening. I will try to do soon.

SoftSword
12th May 2012, 08:45 PM
one of the fans of ur writings VS...
keep the coming and dont shy away from criticising too...

Mahen
13th May 2012, 07:37 PM
Even as the attention is on big projects like Kochadaiyaan and Kadal, A R Rahman is also quietly working on Mariyan, Dhanush's next with Bharatbala.

"Yes, I've finished two songs," Rahman tells TOI, "The crew is currently shooting these two songs in Africa."

'Mariyan' marks the coming together of Rahman and Bharatbala for a feature film. The duo has earlier collaborated on the famous 'Vande Mataram' project.

A.ANAND
16th May 2012, 09:30 AM
மீட்பராக வந்த மானிடன் ஏஆர்.ரஹ்மான் 5

‘ரோஜா’ படத்தில் புதுவெள்ளை மழை இங்கு பொழிகின்றது ஒரு மெலடி.. ருக்குமணி ருக்குமணி பாடல் தளபதி படத்தில் மணிரத்னத்தின் அரிய கண்டுபிடிப்பான கிழவியரை ஆடவைக்கிற தன் தொடர்புடைய பாடல்.தமிழா தமிழா தேசபக்திப் பாடல்.காதல் ரோஜாவே ஒரு சோக மெல்லினம்.இவைகளுடன் சின்னச் சின்ன ஆசை.

முதலில் சின்னச் சின்ன ஆசையின் மிச்ச சொச்சங்கள்.பாடியவர் மின்மினி.அதற்கு முந்தைய காலகட்டத்தில் நிறைய்ய பாடாதவர்.இவரைப் பாடவைக்கும் எண்ணம் வந்ததற்கே ரஹ்மானுக்குத் தனி அவார்ட் கொடுக்கலாம்.மித்தாலி சிங் பாடிய ‘தளபதி’யின் யமுனை ஆற்றிலே ஈரக்காற்றிலே பாடலில் இருந்து அவ்வளவு எளிதாக வெளிவர முடியாத மணிரத்னத்துக்கு மின்மினியின் சின்னச் சின்ன ஆசை தான் வெளிச்சவழி காட்டியிருக்க முடியும்.இரண்டும் கிட்டத்தட்ட ஒரே குரலின் இரண்டு குரல்கள் போல அவ்வளவு ஒற்றுமை இருக்கும்.சின்னச் சின்ன ஆசை பாடலில் ஒவ்வொரு வரியை எடுத்துப் பாடுகிறபோதும்,அதன் இணைவரியை முடிக்கிறபோதும் லேசாகத் தேய்ந்த குரலில் மின்மினி பாடியிருப்பதை உணரலாம்.உதாரணத்துக்கு சேற்றுவயலாடி....இதில் வருகிற "சே".இதற்கு அடுத்த வரியான நாற்று நட ஆசை...இதில் வருகிற "சை".

இவை தற்செயல் அல்ல.இந்த வரியை நினைவில் வைக்கவும்.

ரஹ்மான் திட்டமிட்டு இறங்கினார்.தன் பாடல்கள் பேசவைக்க வேண்டும் என்பதில் அவர் செலுத்திய தீவிரம் ஒன்று இரண்டாகத் தன்னை இரட்டித்துக் கொண்டது.ஏற்கனவே கடந்த முப்பதாண்டுகளாக பழசும் பெரிசுமாகப் பாடல்களைக் கையில் பிடித்தபடி தமக்கென உள்ளம் கவர் இசைக்கள்வர்களை நியமித்துக் கொண்டிருந்த ரசிகன் என்ற பதத்தை நோக்கி அவரது கவனம் இல்லவே இல்லை.புத்தம் புதிதாக தான் நுழையும் போது அன்றலர்ந்த மலர்களாகப் பதின் பருவர்களாக புதிதாய் எந்தப் பாடலும் எந்தப் பழைய இசையும் ஆதிக்கம் செய்திராத வெண்மனது கொண்டவர்களாகத் தனது ரசிக வேட்டையைத் துவங்கினார்.பழைய கூட்டம் மெல்ல வரும்.அது வேறு பிராசஸ்....இது எனக்கே எனக்கு என்பதாக இருந்தது.

பாடலை எப்போதும் பேரிசையோடு துவக்குவதில்லை.மெல்ல மெல்ல ஒரு பாடலுக்கான இசை கிளம்பித் ததும்பி நின்று நிலைபெற்று அடர்ந்து படர்ந்து அப்புறமாய் மெதுவாகப் பாடலோடு இணையும் புத்தம் புதுப் பாணி ரஹ்மான் கொணர்ந்தது.அவருக்கு முன்பு எழுபதாண்டு கால தமிழ் திரை இசைஞர்கள் எவரும் இப்படி ஒரு முயற்சியைக் கூட செய்ததில்லை என்பதை உணருகையில் ரஹ்மானின் புதுமுயல்வைப் புரிந்துகொள்ளலாம்.

சின்னச் சின்ன ஆசையா..?மெலடி...சரி....புது வெள்ளை மழை....இது மெலடி தான்....சரி காதல் ரோஜாவே....இதுவும் கூட மெலடி தாங்க...சரி...ஒரே படத்தில் இத்தனை மெலடி அடித்தால் இசை கேட்டு உறங்கி விட மாட்டார்களா..?அது தான் இல்லை.சின்னச் சின்ன ஆசையின் ஆதி நாதம் இருக்குமிடம் தெரியாமல் ஒலிக்கும்.அதுவே காதல் ரோஜாவே பாடலில் எஸ்.பி.பியின் குரல் மெலிந்தும் அதன் ஆதிநாதமானது வன்மையான ஒரே பீட் ஆகவும் ஒலித்துக் கொண்டே போகும்.புது வெள்ளை மழை பாடலில் குரலும் இசையும் சமசாந்தி அடைந்து இணையென ஒலிக்கும்.கேட்பவர்களுக்கு எந்த அயர்வும் வராத பாடல்கள் அவை.

படத்தில் அவ்வளவு கவனம் பெறாத பாடலாக இருந்தாலும் இசைத்தட்டில் இடம்பெற்ற தமிழா தமிழா பாடல் ஹரிஹரன் பாடியது.அதன் உடனிசையும் கோரஸ் குரல்களும் மிக வன்மையாக ஒலித்தன,.கேட்பவர் உள்ளங்களில் தேசபக்தி ரசம் ஊற்றெடுத்தது நிசம்.அதுவரை அந்தப் பாடலில் கோர்வை எங்கேயும் முயற்சிக்கப் படாதது என்பது தான் கவனிக்க வேண்டியது.

ஆச்சு...‘ரோஜா’ பற்றி இன்னமும் சொல்ல வேண்டியது என்ன..?

பழைய டாக்டர்களில் எஸ்.பி.பி.,சித்ரா மட்டும்...புதிய டாக்டர்கள் பலரை உள்ளே இறக்கி விட்டிருந்தார் ரஹ்மான்..தானே புதுசு...இதில் எதற்கு ரிஸ்க் என பெரும் முதலைகளின் துணைகொண்டு வரவில்லை.தனை ஒத்த மழலைகளின் கரம் பற்றியே இறங்கினார் ரஹ்மான்.மின்மினி,உன்னிமேனன்,சுஜாதா,எனக் கேட்பவர் காதுகளில் பச்சக் என்று பிசின் போல் ஒட்டிக்கொண்டு வழிந்து வழிந்து நிறைந்தன பாடல்கள்.

அப்புறம்...மெட்டுக்குப் பாட்டா பாட்டுக்கு மெட்டா..?இசையால் வசமாகா இதயமெது என்றெல்லாம் பலவிதங்களில் கேப்டன் படத்து வில்லன் போல் சித்ரவதைக்கு உள்ளாகி இருந்த வைரமுத்து இந்தப் படத்தில் தன் இரண்டாம் தனியாவர்த்தனத்தைத் துவக்கி இருந்தார்.எல்லாப் பாடல்களின் எல்லா வரிகளும் மனனம் செய்யப் பட்டன.ஒப்பிக்கப்பட்டன.பத்தாவது தமிழ் இரண்டாம் தாளில் வருகிற மனப்பாடப் பாட்டு என்று ஒன்று இருக்குமல்லவா..?அதனை விட இதனை விரும்பினர் மக்கள்.

‘ரோஜா’ வெளியானதும் சவுத் இந்தியன் நார்த் இந்தியன் தந்தூரி நிலங்களில் எல்லாம் புரட்டி அடித்ததும்,விருதுகளைக் குவித்ததும் மணிரத்னத்துக்கு அதுவரைக்கும் இருந்த தென் முகம் மறைந்து ஒரு ஆசிய முகம் உண்டானதும்,வைரமுத்து மீண்டும் தன் பேனாவைக் காட்டி பிஸ்தா ஆனதும் ‘ரோஜா’ செய்த மாயம்..

ரஹ்மான் ஒரே நாளில் இந்தியத் திரைவானின் அதிகம் தேடப்படும் நட்சத்திரமானார். அவருக்கு முன்னால் வாய்ப்புக்கள் குவிந்தன.

அவர் அதனினும் அதீதமாக கவனமானார்.தனக்கு முன்பாக விரித்து வைக்கப்பட்ட சீட்டுக்களில் இருந்து அவர் தேர்வு செய்த சீட்டுக்கள் ‘புதியமுகம்’, ‘ஜென்டில்மேன்’, மற்றும் உழவன்.

தொடர்ந்து இசைப்போ

http://uyirmmai.com/Uyirosai/Contentdetails.aspx?cid=5594

Roshan
16th May 2012, 06:24 PM
அப்புறம்...மெட்டுக்குப் பாட்டா பாட்டுக்கு மெட்டா..?இசையால் வசமாகா இதயமெது என்றெல்லாம் பலவிதங்களில் கேப்டன் படத்து வில்லன் போல் சித்ரவதைக்கு உள்ளாகி இருந்த வைரமுத்து இந்தப் படத்தில் தன் இரண்டாம் தனியாவர்த்தனத்தைத் துவக்கி இருந்தார். எல்லாப் பாடல்களின் எல்லா வரிகளும் மனனம் செய்யப் பட்டன.ஒப்பிக்கப்பட்டன.பத்தாவது தமிழ் இரண்டாம் தாளில் வருகிற மனப்பாடப் பாட்டு என்று ஒன்று இருக்குமல்லவா..?அதனை விட இதனை விரும்பினர் மக்கள்

In Sri Lanka for those students who study in Sinhalese medium, Vairamuthu's Chinna Chinna Aasai and KaNNukku Mai Azhagu have been included in the Tamil text books(Tamil language, has been made as comulsary 3rd language for Sinhalese Medium students, since 2010).

A.ANAND
17th May 2012, 07:57 PM
AR Rahman conferred with a doctorate

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/video/ar-rahman-conferred-with-a-doctorate/1/188434.html

Sunil_M88
18th May 2012, 03:06 AM
Wow, amazing piece!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YeJRMkeQ9gs

Anbody have any info on this?

lydayaxobia493
18th May 2012, 09:00 AM
<dig>

Anand & Sunil...

u both r terrifying (:lol2:) tis thread... posting more gud info...

Well done... :clap:

</dig>

wizzy
18th May 2012, 09:48 AM
@Sunil the track 'First Light' is from Naveen's Fluid album..the credit should solely go to him :-)

A.ANAND
18th May 2012, 10:05 PM
<dig>

Anand & Sunil...

u both r terrifying (:lol2:) tis thread... posting more gud info...

Well done... :clap:

</dig>

thanx rockstar!unggalukku interest iruntha neenga kuda update pannalam.naanun kudiya seekiram bye bye kaata poren intha forum-la irunthu.sontha business-la start pannarathanala,ithukku ellam neram irukuma innu theriyala!neenga venumunna en situkku tharalama varalam..ha..ha..

lydayaxobia493
19th May 2012, 12:51 AM
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/579902_226955264074727_153944858042435_298279_4225 99489_n.jpg

ஜென்டில்மேன் படத்திற்கு முன்பு ஏ.ஆர்.ரகுமான், பாடலாசிரியர்களுக்கு ட்யூனை தன் குரலில் பாடி கொடுக்காமல் கீ-போர்டு இசையாக மட்டுமே கேசட்டில் பதிந்து கொடுத்து வந்துள்ளார்.

"சிக்கு புக்கு ரயிலே" பாடலுக்காக அத்தகைய கீ-போர்டு இசை கொண்ட ட்யூன் கேசட்டை கவிஞர் வாலியிடம் எடுத்துச்சென்றுள்ளார் இயக்குனர் ஷங்கர். அதை கேட்ட உடன் வாலி, " என்னய்யா சும்மா ஏதோ ரப்பபப்பா ரப்பப்பா என்று மியூஸிக் மட்டும் வருது, எங்கய்யா ட்யூன்? இந்த மாதிரி இருந்தா பாட்டெழுத முடியாது, போயி ட்யூனை பாடச்சொல்லி வாங்கிட்டு வா" என்று ஷங்கரை திருப்பி அனுப்பியதுடன், ரகுமானிடமும்," இந்த மாதிரி கொடுத்தால் அதை புரிந்து கொண்டு எழுதுவது கஷ்டம்" என்று கூறியுள்ளார். அதன் பின்னர் தான் ரகுமான் ட்யூனை பாடி பாடலாசிரியர்களுக்கு கொடுக்கும் வழக்கத்தை கொண்டுள்ளார்.

சமீபத்தில் நடந்த ஒரு விழாவில் இயக்குனர் ஷங்கர் தெரிவித்த தகவல் இது..........

Sunil_M88
19th May 2012, 03:26 AM
Rock star, appreciate the support, thambi

Wizzy, cheers man I never heard the whole album.. heard jiya jale in some other compilation, furthermore I'm more familiar with his second album Cafe Fluid. Looking forward to hearing the rest of Fluid Grooves, thanks :thumbsup:

Sunil_M88
19th May 2012, 03:48 AM
Dig//

Naveen - Symphony

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rmNbHF8n2PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmNbHF8n2PM

The view count definitely doesn't deserve to be that low

Awesome blend of Carnatic, celtic, WCM and Jazz.

Flute lovers will be gladly astonished :D

Thank you Wizzy for introducing me to this album. :clap:

End dig//

Sunil_M88
19th May 2012, 04:50 PM

Rare pic with MJ

lydayaxobia493
19th May 2012, 04:56 PM
// Rahman in mottai get-up...apdi ye Aayutha Ezhutu Inba maathiriye irukkaru.. awesome.. :)

A.ANAND
19th May 2012, 05:50 PM

Rare pic with MJ

looks like fake pic!i think the pic make by arr fan..

Siv.S
19th May 2012, 06:14 PM

Rare pic with MJ
Yes fake one,ARR met Michel Jackson only once that too after his Oscar,they were supposed to perform together for the song composed by our master in Munich for MJ's friend's concert '99... unfortunately MJ injured on the previous night,so Thala performed solo that day.

SoftSword
19th May 2012, 06:17 PM
thalaivar had this getup when he did his first symphony no?
which aware is that? gramaphone?

Sunil_M88
20th May 2012, 10:50 PM
SS, The Birmingham symphony happened around early 2004 where Rahman Ji had short hair. MJ didn't look like that in 2004, in fact that's the get-up MJ donned when going to the White House in 1984. Very nice editing to whoever done the photoshop :thumbsup:

A.ANAND
21st May 2012, 02:23 PM
Shankar Mahadevan Speaks About ARRahman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6IkarDCgl0&feature=related

A.ANAND
21st May 2012, 02:42 PM
Rahman interviewed by Cyrus on MTV [old interview]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkWtFKdZimI&feature=related

ajithfederer
21st May 2012, 05:17 PM
ஏ.ஆர்.ரகுமான், சில வருடங்களுக்கு முன் கொடுத்த பேட்டி ஒன்றில் " எந்தப் படத்தையும் நான் தியேட்டருக்கு சென்று விரும்பி பார்த்ததில்லை. ஆனால் "இணைந்த கைகள்' படத்தை பின்னணி இசைக்காக மட்டும் நான்கு முறை தியேட்டருக்குச் சென்று பார்த்திருக்கிறேன்'' என்று கூறியிருக்கிறார்.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/534173_229579070479013_153944858042435_303312_1411 061081_n.jpg

நன்றி: சினிமா எக்ஸ்ப்ரெஸ்

"இணைந்த கைகள்' படத்தின் பின்னணி இசை சேர்க்கும் பணி மட்டும் 40 நாட்கள் நடந்ததாம்.

A.ANAND
21st May 2012, 11:19 PM
IRUVAR - the music

(A post by Venkateswaran Ganesan)

The first images that come to mind when I think of Iruvar are Mani Ratnam, Santosh Sivan, Mohanlal and Prakash Raj. The film is a magnificent epic, possibly the ballsiest tribute to cinema and politics in Tamil Nadu. However, the soundtrack for the film was a complete win. AR Rahman has an absolute ball composing the songs, which are a thrilling joy ride and tribute to Tamil cinema’s music. Nevertheless, what is striking is the breadth of genres he has integrated in one album, from Carnatic and light music to jazz. You cannot separate the film from the music and this is more so the case with the monologs, Udal Mannukku, UnnOdu naan irundha (the tambura in the background from 1:48 almost suggesting to us that the love making is sacred) and en arun thOzhanE, which are inseparable from the background score, the language and music haunting us long after we are done watching the film. The re-recording for the film is a huge triumph in itself, adding a lot of sheen to it. The songs nonetheless, as I said, are a class apart and this has to rank among Rahman’s underrated efforts, considering the acclaim his works get across the globe.

Download this gallery (ZIP, null KB)Download full size (1828 KB)

The film starts with Narumugaiye, a fascinating peek into the Carnatic by lanes and Rahman’s brain. The hero, a mystic warrior from the old world, starts the song in NAttai. His lady, on cue, begins her part in Gambeera NAttai, possibly goading her man who is a majestic warrior (?) Genius touch! There are strains of Maand and the song, like an illicit lover, does not remain faithful to one raga. This however adds to the romance in the song, which is ethereal.

Hello Mr. Edhirkatchi is a lovely jazz picturized on the archetypical vamp. It is an ode to the typically delightful Viswanathan-Ramamurthy jazz. The piano in the prelude is inspired from Memphis Stomp but the tune is pleasingly ARR. Harini’s vocals glide along the instrumentation seamlessly. And what is it about an entire interlude as a slow rap (?) in chaste Tamil? Madness at midnight in Panchathan Record Inn and Rahman at his wacky best.

Pookodiyin Punnagai is a beautiful tribute to the old world charm in Tamil music. Rendered by Sandhya, P Suseela’s niece, whose voice is a spitting copy of PS, this song assures me that Rahman would have held his own irrespective of the era and that class is not defined by the period but just by class. Minimal yet gorgeous orchestration and emphasis on the lilting tune and lyrics c ould make anyone listening to it for the first time to mistake it for a re-mastered old song.

TMS was famous for imitating the voice of the heroes for whom he sung. Rahman makes Mano admirably imitate TMS imitating MGR in Aayirathil Naan Oruvan, a song inspired in picturization by this absolutely cracking song tuned by MSV. Yes, ARR would have been at home with MGR too! Both songs inspire pure optimism and Aayirathil Naan Oruvan is one of those songs whose appeal is multiplied by fantastic pizturization. Showmanship from Rahman, Mani, Lal and Sivan at its zenith.

Vennila Vennila is another ode to the characteristically seductive and quirky songs of LR Easwari. The extensive use of trumpets adds to the intoxication, which is the word that comes closest to describing the song. The voice of Asha Bhosle adds to the mood, her middling way of pronouncing Tamil being a sore point, which also adds to the enigma in a way.

Kannai Katti KoLLAdhE is my personal favorite. This song is the definition of goosebumps for me, every time I see it. A clear reference to a popular MGR movie, the song signifies revolution, experimentation and brings forth an exhilarating end product. A brilliant jazz as an allusion to the old cinema inspirational songs could not have been thought about by any other composer. What do I praise here? Hariharan’s podi sangathis at Chittu KuruvigaL en Pakkam, or the electric guitar from the second interlude onwards into the charanam which is electrifying? And may I make another mention about the genius of Mani, Sivan and Lal in this song? I must. Thank you. The lyrics fit in with MGR’s image while the tune ironically breaks every rule about a hero-image-Tamil-song and rebels like the Hero typically does. And when Rahman sings Viduthalai along with the chorus, it is freedom from stereotypes, clichés and a clarion call into the world of Rahman.

Rahman in Iruvar reminds me of the two extremes of romanticism and classicism. It is a marvel he finds a mid-path between the twain and makes them meet. Take a bow Rahman!

http://rahmania.posterous.com/iruvar-the-music

-arryg

Roshan
22nd May 2012, 12:40 AM
Wow ! Very nice write up ! :thumbsup: He is just spot on !!

Thanks Anand for posting it here. Iruvar album is a master piece and an only AR possible album.

A.ANAND
23rd May 2012, 03:19 PM
People don't recognise me much in LA: Rahman

Busy that he is, AR Rahman sure knows how to balance work and family life. He's working on the film Monkeys of Bollywood, and his People Like Us soundtrack releases in June.

Apart from this, he's working on three Tamil projects (with Mani Ratnam, Bharat Bala and Rajinikanth), Yashraj's SRK-Katrina film and has just received an honorary doctorate from Miami University. Yet, when it came to spending time with his kids, papa Rahman wasn't found wanting for time.

The music maestro took time out to take them to Universal Studios on Sunday, and later that night, to chat with NT. Speaking to us from Los Angeles, Rahman said, "The kids had holidays, so there are here in LA. Plus, I had the doctorate and there were a few sessions for Monkeys of Bollywood too, so it all worked out." But, instead of taking them to Disneyland, where most kids want to go, Rahman took them to the studios! "My kids are very happy that I took them there," he said. But how does the Rahman family handle all the attention in public? "My kids are pretty cool," he said. "They know when to hide... they've been trained pretty well. When I am with my family, people tend to give me privacy. They don't ask for photographs or autographs." Though AR claims that he doesn't get recognised much in LA, on Sunday, when he went out, a West African family spotted him - it turned out they were his fans. "They were around 12 people. It was very interesting meeting and speaking to them."
But there's another musical project that Rahman his working on - the script of his own film. He says, "The movie under my own banner is going to take a while. It needs a lot of music implementation and it will be different, but also very exciting. It could take six months or even a year. Sometimes these things take time. They have to come together at the right moment."
There's no dearth of news in his life though. Just a few days ago, pop diva Madonna was quoted as saying that she was keen on working with the Madras magician. But quiz Rahman about it, and all he says is: "It all happened last night when someone sent me that story. It's still Sunday here, so I don't know much about it. I just posted it on Twitter. There's nothing else on it yet."
So how does he balance life spanning across two continents? "I think you learn to manage things when you're that driven. In Chennai, I have my friends, my family and my producers, who are all waiting for their songs. When I am in LA, I work with them on video. So, it all works out." For geniuses, it always does!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/music/news-and-interviews/People-dont-recognise-me-much-in-LA-Rahman/articleshow/13389722.cms

A.ANAND
24th May 2012, 10:14 AM
Future Generali insures A R Rahman live concert for Rs 4 crore

MUMBAI: Future Generali India Insurance has insured the A R Rahman live concert in Mumbai at D. Y. Patil stadium, Navi Mumbai on May 26 for Rs 4 crore.

The event insurance policy will cover the event against the various contingencies such as fire and allied perils, personal accident cover for crew and audience. Premium on such events range between 0.20-0.50% of the sum assured.

Future Generali has been insuring such entertainment events. We look forward to partnering with many more such events. It had insured Kaun Banega Crorepati, Lalbaugcha Raja during Ganeshotsav and movies like Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara.

K.G. Krishnamoorthy Rao, MD & CEO, Future Generali India Insurance said that the premium for such concerts depend on who is doing the concert. "The average cover for such events is Rs 50 lakh to Rs 5 crore. The policy covers the event against calamity such as fire, personal accident."

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/personal-finance/insurance/insurance-news/future-generali-insures-a-r-rahman-live-concert-for-rs-4-crore/articleshow/13408968.cms

A.ANAND
24th May 2012, 10:15 AM
Anytime, Madonnaji : AR Rahman

Pop diva Madonna may be on the wishlist of almost every musician, but the songstress has her eyes set on Indian music composer AR Rahman. The singer apparently expressed her wish to work with Oscar-winner in an international interview.

There’s also buzz that it’s not the first time that the singer has admitted to her desire of working with Rahman and the singer on her earlier visit to the country had also apparently spoken about wanting to collaborate with him.

On learning of this, AR Rahman took to the microblogging site Twitter to post a message to Madonna. “Anytime… You are welcome, Madonna ji…,” tweeted Rahman. The musician also posted the link of the online site that said: “According to her Madgesty, it would be a dream come true if she could get in the studio with Oscar-winning singer-composer AR Rahman! Madge explains: ‘I would like to work with him when the opportunity comes, and things work out. Only then we will be able to decide on the music. I haven't heard a lot of Indian music, but I’mfamiliar with it’.”

While Rahman is known to have collaborated with several international names including Michael Bolton and Mick Jagger, Madonna’s strong attraction towards Indian influences is also well-known. In fact, when asked about visiting the country again, in an earlier interview with DNA, Madonna had said, “Oh yes, I would love to come to India. I’msure if I come to perform sometime it’s going to be a great experience.”

http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/report_anytime-madonnaji-ar-rahman_1692562

lydayaxobia493
24th May 2012, 11:40 AM
Welcome to Mumbai Rahman jiiii :)

http://www.accesskollywood.com/photo-galleries/ar-rahman-live-in-concert-poster/images/ar-rahman-live-in-concert-poster02.jpg

Ramakrishna
26th May 2012, 10:24 PM
It seems Sachin tendulkar attended the concert in Mumbai and also sang a few lines of rehna tu on stage.

music man
26th May 2012, 10:30 PM
One of my friends called me and said that the entire show was great...But the acoustics were rank bad and it was too loud it seems. He also added that Kadhal Rojave in rock style didn't gel well. khwaja and kun faya kun and naadan parindey were great...these were initial reactions..had to call him tomorrow for further details...

SoftSword
26th May 2012, 11:09 PM
ivlo concert panniyaachu... evlo professional involve aagaraanga...
innamum accoustics sariyilla, effect sari illanaa enna arttham... idhulaam sari pannanum modhalla...

Arvind Srinivasan
27th May 2012, 09:54 AM
Two legends sharing the same space...ARR and SRT

Siv.S
27th May 2012, 11:10 AM
http://youtu.be/UD8-jQe8554

ajaybaskar
27th May 2012, 11:24 AM
sachin tendulkar (@sachin_rt) 27/05/12 9:58 AM

Went to D Y Patil stadium to see A R Rahman's concert and he was simply magical. He sang all his top songs for almost 3 hrs.

A.ANAND
28th May 2012, 09:53 AM
Rahman magic

The crowds snaked their ways through bad traffic, worse dug up roads just for one man. A.R.Rahman.

Lasers beamed into the still of the night. And the roars went up. The 20,000 crowd packed to the rafters at the DY Patil stadium began chanting for the man of the moment.

Keyboards tweaked, percussion instruments set in sync, Ranjit Barot was ready to lord it all again. Rahman's unobtrusive presence and chocolate tiramisu vocals wove it's magic as he took listeners into a trance.

Adding to the joy was supernova Sachin Tendulkar who complimented Rahman and borrowed a line from Delhi 6 and besides fulsome praise also said "rehna tu hai jaisa tu". Rahman returned the compliment saying, "This guy is the one reason I started watching the game."

It was really A.R.Rahman redux. Watching his spirited rejigging of Kaadhal Rojave, Chaiyyan Chhaiyyan, Hosanna. Good to see old favourite Suresh Peters who jammed in tamil with Chikku Bukku and Pettai rap.

The magic of Rahman pervaded all through the night as he took us through spirited renditions of Qun faya Qun, Khwaja mere khwaja.

The slight tinge of disappointment was Mohit Chauhan who kept missing the beats and was dare we say it, off key while singing Phir ud chala, Jo bhi main. He however regained composure when joined for a lusty rendition of Sadda Haq with the maestro himself.

26th May was yet another red letter day in the corridors of music. A diminutive composer made giant music strides and kept a colossal crowd in thrall.

Magic as they say comes in small packages.

http://filmfare.com/features/rahman-magic-523.html

A.ANAND
28th May 2012, 09:55 AM
Grand musical night of AR Rahman

He came, he performed, he conquered. AR Rahman showed Mumbai how to rock the night as he ramped up the amp and put up a spectacular musical pageant at the DY Patil Stadium on Saturday. The show, presented by The Times of India, had the crowd - a rough estimate pegged the headcount at 30,000 - chanting and swaying to the maestro's musical genius.

And if Rahman on stage wasn't enough, you had Sachin Tendulkar and wife Anjali sitting in the audience. There was a break midway through the show when Sachin was invited on stage. "AR Rahman has taken Indian music to a different level, has made it even bigger," said Sachin, as he was gifted a bouquet by Rahman.

"This is guy who made me start watching cricket," laughed the master from Chennai, as the crowd cheered the two icons.

And then there was the music - spectacular and soul-stirring. Rahman led the band of young musicians with his renditions of classics like Dil Se, Kun Faya Kun, Jai Ho and Rubaroo.

The gang of girls - Natalie Di Luccio, Harshdeep Kaur, Neeti Mohan and Shweta Pandit - belted out one hit after another. Mohit Chauhan and Javed Ali set the stage on fire with their sufi and rock numbers from Rockstar.

And it wasn't just Rahman's new hits. Towards the end of the show, Rahman even had his troupe perform some of his classics from south films, like Chikku Bukku Raile from Gentleman.

As the evening drew to a close, and Rahman started singing Vande Mataram to a standing crowd, one could make out that no one's quite like Rahman - so global, yet so Indian. Check out Music Star Homepages

He came, he performed, he conquered. AR Rahman showed Mumbai how to rock the night as he ramped up the amp and put up a spectacular musical pageant at the DY Patil Stadium on Saturday. The show, presented by The Times of India, had the crowd - a rough estimate pegged the headcount at 30,000 - chanting and swaying to the maestro's musical genius.

And if Rahman on stage wasn't enough, you had Sachin Tendulkar and wife Anjali sitting in the audience. There was a break midway through the show when Sachin was invited on stage. "AR Rahman has taken Indian music to a different level, has made it even bigger," said Sachin, as he was gifted a bouquet by Rahman.

"This is guy who made me start watching cricket," laughed the master from Chennai, as the crowd cheered the two icons.

And then there was the music - spectacular and soul-stirring. Rahman led the band of young musicians with his renditions of classics like Dil Se, Kun Faya Kun, Jai Ho and Rubaroo.

The gang of girls - Natalie Di Luccio, Harshdeep Kaur, Neeti Mohan and Shweta Pandit - belted out one hit after another. Mohit Chauhan and Javed Ali set the stage on fire with their sufi and rock numbers from Rockstar.

And it wasn't just Rahman's new hits. Towards the end of the show, Rahman even had his troupe perform some of his classics from south films, like Chikku Bukku Raile from Gentleman.

As the evening drew to a close, and Rahman started singing Vande Mataram to a standing crowd, one could make out that no one's quite like Rahman - so global, yet so Indian.

Dragun
28th May 2012, 11:47 AM
NIYAZ- "Mazaar" featuring AR Rahman (]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT-DSie2rLA&feature=youtu.be)

I don't know what, if anything, ARR contributed to the composition, since it has the Niyaz sound. But I was wondering years ago when ARR and Azam Ali would collaborate on something. She is from Iran, but she spent her childhood in India, so perhaps her Hindi/Urdu is good enough to where she can sing in Hindi films. Her rendition of the Urdu song Allah Hi Allah is pretty good.

Believe_it
28th May 2012, 08:07 PM
Samantha, who is busy with Gautham Menon’s Neethane En Ponvasantham with Jiiva, has been roped in for Shankar’s next big venture. The Endhiran director is all set to start his work for Therdhal, with Vikram in the lead. Apart from Samantha, the film might also have another heroine, probably from Bollywood.

Aascar Ravichandran will produce the film; PC Sriram will crank the camera and AR Rahman will compose the music.
http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/may-12-04/shankar-vikram-28-05-12.html

A.ANAND
31st May 2012, 01:46 PM
AR Rahman to inaugurate film fest 'Cinema 100'

MUMBAI: Music maestro AR Rahman will inaugurate ‘Cinema 100’, three-day film festival that celebrates 100 glorious years of Indian Cinema. Organised by the students and alumni of Whistling Woods International, the film festival will be held from 1-3 June in Mumbai.

After the inaugural ceremony, the festival will feature a 10 minute documentary encapsulating the enriching years of Indian cinema. Sukhwinder Singh will also perform at the festival.

The introductory sessions will comprise of workshops by renowned choreographer Saroj Khan and ace lyricist Gulzar who will talk about poetry in Indian films. The fest will also include display of films, artefacts, workshops, panel discussions and more.

The Mozart of Madras recently enthralled audiences with a live concert on 26 May in the city.

http://www.radioandmusic.com/content/editorial/news/ar-rahman-inaugurate-film-fest-cinema-100

ethukeduthalum mumbai..mumbai...innuthan odararu.yen chennai pakkamellam vara matara???

Ramakrishna
31st May 2012, 02:38 PM
ethukeduthalum mumbai..mumbai...innuthan odararu.yen chennai pakkamellam vara matara???

neenga Chennai-liyaa irukeenga?

A.ANAND
31st May 2012, 09:30 PM
neenga Chennai-liyaa irukeenga?

athukaha solla varala.chennai-la nadakara entha cine function-layum kalanthukka matengarare thalaivar athukku sonnen!chennai-la iruntha ungala ellam meet panni irukka maatena sir???

jaykaybee
1st June 2012, 08:24 PM
Godfather's (kannada version) music to be released on JUNe 2nd
http://www.bangaloremirror.com/article/25/2012060120120601104743409d4167e1/Sandalwood%E2%80%99s-Rahman-moment.html

A.ANAND
2nd June 2012, 09:25 PM
Direcotr Siddique talks about AR Rahman's work in Ramji Rav Speaking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpimdWpKZkY

A.ANAND
3rd June 2012, 06:31 PM
Upendra's Godfather film audio released by A.R.Rehman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0-yWr6xPdg

A.ANAND
3rd June 2012, 06:53 PM
AR Rahman at 'Godfather' Audio Release

Hello…channagiddira…were the Kannada words A.R.Rahman Oscar award winning pride of the nation stated before a short and sweet speech at ‘God Father’ Kannada film audio release on Saturday night in Chancellery Hotel in Bengaluru.

In the demand list I find lot of Kannada fans asking me to score music in Kannada and from this film ‘Godfather’ I can sing Kannada song when I go to USA and other places for the concert stated A R Rahman who is still ‘Dilip’ to many of the bigwigs like Dwarakish, Hamsalekha, Ambarish and others who attended the audio release of K Manju Cinemaas.

‘I owe so much to Kannada films because I learnt arranging work from Vijayabhaskerji, Hamsalekhaji and Vijaya Anandji working in Sangeetha and Chamundeswari studios. I thank Hamsalekhaji who has spoken so good about me stated the ‘Mozart of Madras’ the incomparable music director AR Rahman. I am indebted to my fans all over said AR Rahman before leaving the premises of the audio release event.

For the first Kannada film music AR Rahman has composed seven songs. Three songs were performed live in his presence by play back singers Vijayaprakash, Shwetha Mohan and Naresh Iyer.

AR Rahman the living legend tribute was given by Shadows team of Bengaluru was one of the finest performances of the audio release event of ‘Godfather’.

http://www.supergoodmovies.com/45346/sandalwood/ar-rahman-at-godfather-audio-release-news-details

A.ANAND
3rd June 2012, 07:12 PM
வரலாறு கன்னட ரீமேக்கிற்கு இசையமைக்க ஏ.ஆர். ரஹ்மானுக்கு ரூ.1.5 கோடி சம்பளம்

இசைப்புயல் ஏ.ஆர். ரஹ்மான் கன்னட படம் ஒன்றுக்கு இசையமைக்க ரூ.1.5 கோடி சம்பளம் கொடுக்கிறார்கள் என்று கூறப்படுகிறது.

இயக்குனர் மணிரத்னம் இசை உலகிற்கு அறிமுகப்படுத்திய பொக்கிஷம் ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான். அவர் மொழிகளைத் தாண்டி, நாடுகளைத் தாண்டி இசையமைத்து வருகிறார். தனது ஸ்லம்டாக் மில்லியனர் படத்துக்காக 2 ஆஸ்கார் விருதுகள் வாங்கி உலக அரங்கில் இந்தியாவை பெருமைபடச் செய்தவர். இந்நிலையில் ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான் காட்பாதர் என்ற கன்னட படத்திற்கு இசையமைத்து வருகிறார்.

அஜீத் குமார் நடித்த வரலாறு படத்தின் கன்னட ரீமேக்கான இந்த படத்திற்கு ரஹ்மானுக்கு ரூ.1.5 கோடி சம்பளம். இது எந்த இசையமைப்பாளரும் இதுவரை வாங்காதது என்று கூறப்படுகிறது. இந்த படத்தில் உபேந்திரா அஜீத் ரோலில் நடிக்கிறார். இந்த படத்தின் இசை வெளியீட்டு விழா கடந்த 31ம் தேதி நடப்பதாக இருந்தது. ஆனால் அன்று பாரத் பந்த் என்பதால் விழா தள்ளி வைக்கப்பட்டது. இந்நிலையில் இசை வெளியீட்டு விழா நேற்று இரவு பெங்களூரில் உள்ள சான்சலரி ஹோட்டலில் நடைபெற்றது. இதில் ரஹ்மான் கலந்து கொண்டு பேசினார்.

இது குறித்து படத்தின் தயாரிப்பாளர் மஞ்சு கூறுகையில்,

சேன்டல் உட் படத்திற்கு ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான் இசைமைப்பதில் மிகவும் மகிழ்ச்சி. இந்த படத்தில் 2 பாடல்களுக்கு அவர் புது மெட்டு போட்டுள்ளார். மீதமுள்ள பாடல்களுக்கு தமிழ் பாடல்களில் இருந்து மெட்டெடுத்துக் கொடுத்துள்ளார். தற்போது பின்னணி இசை வேலையில் பிசியாக இருக்கிறார் என்றார்.

ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான் ஏற்கனவே சஜினி என்ற கன்னட படத்திற்கு இசையமைத்துள்ளார். அந்த படத்திற்கு ஜோடி படப் பாடல்களின் இசையை பயன்படுத்தினார் என்பது குறிப்பிடத்தக்கது.

A.ANAND
4th June 2012, 01:51 PM
AR Rahman does Kannada film for free

The Mozart of Madras, AR Rahman, is known for charging exorbitant amounts for his films. So, it came as a surprise that the Oscar-winning composer charged a very nominal fee — reportedly a crore — for the Kannada film Godfather, a remake of the Tamil hit Varalaaru (for which Rahman had scored the music).

Confirming the news, the producer of the film, K Manju, says, "Rahman did not charge a penny for the film. You can say he did it for free as he didn't charge anything for himself. He charged, approximately a crore, only for the studio, artists, instruments, recording and re-recording of the film."

Quiz Manju about why the composer took a pay cut and he replies, "He didn't compose all the tracks from scratch as they were lifted from the Tamil version. So, the majority of the tracks for the film remain the same. He only composed two new tracks. Also, the length of the Kannada footage is slightly shorter than the Tamil version. The other reason is that this is a goodwill gesture on Rahman's part for the Kannada audience."

Some sources in the industry suggest that Rahman slashed his price because he isn't flooded with offers at present. Manju refutes such conjecture, saying, "Rahman cannot sign projects left, right and centre. He has to keep up his quality work. He spent six months working on the music score for Godfather."

The composer, who was in Bangalore for the audio launch of the film on Saturday, said, "I owe a lot to my fans in Karnataka. I realize I have many fans in this part of the country. I'm indebted to them and it was time to sing back to them."

Rahman also reminisced about his days as a music arranger in Bangalore. "I worked with Kannada composers like Hamsalekha and Vijaya Anand as an arranger and visited the Chamundi studios. So there's lot of history in Bangalore and I'm glad to be back here."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/regional/kannada/news-interviews/AR-Rahman-does-Kannada-film-for-free/articleshow/13774693.cms

A.ANAND
4th June 2012, 01:52 PM
A.R. Rahman works free for God Father

http://www.galatta.com/kannada/news/a-r-rahman-works-free-for-god-father/59408/

A.ANAND
4th June 2012, 01:53 PM
All Hail And Honor AR Rahman

It was a felicitation to AR Rahman, a tribute to legendary Rahman by Shadows Team, there was full praise for the most humble AR Rahman in the cultural show packed ‘God Father’ audio release on Saturday night in two hours event.

Producer Munirathna Naidu, Ramesh Aravind, Hamsalekha, Dwarakish, Ambarish and Upendra hailed the legendary music director in their words. Hearing all in Kannada AR Rahman finally thanked Hamsalekha for such good words told on him.

Hamsalekha in the starting of his address took liberty in addressing Rahman as ‘Namma Dilip’. Senior maestro Ilayaraja united the south and north film music while Rahman has worked for the Indian and European music in several platforms. The notes in music (6 and 8) he did not like while working with me is not found in most of his scorings in music. Hamsalekha wished many more success to the legendary music director Rahman.

The real God Father of this ‘God Father’ cinema is AR Rahman stated Upendra super star of Kannada cinema. Upendra is in three roles in the film.

After the live performance of songs by Vijayaprakash, Shwetha Mohan, Naresh Iyer (a beauty from this singer on mother song) the dignitaries Ambarish, Sumalatha, Hamsalekha, Upendra, Priyanka, Dr Jayamala, Soundaraya Jayamala, Dwarakish, producer K Manju lyricists Kalyan, Kaviraj, music director V Manohar, Prasad of Ashwini Media Network and others on the dais the melody king AR Rahman released the album of ‘Godfather’.

Noted producers Munirathna Naidu, Dwarakish, Hamsalekha, Ramesh Aravind and Ambarish spoke on this occasion. The tribute to AR Rahman from Shadows Team was well received.

Producer K Manju explained that the genius in film music AR Rahman without asking single paisa agreed to compose for the film.

http://www.supergoodmovies.com/45357/sandalwood/all-hail-and-honor-ar-rahman-news-details

A.ANAND
4th June 2012, 01:57 PM
Missing my good friend @arrahman we hve a lotta fun when we are together

http://instagr.am/p/LYtTE9Bj8t/

A.ANAND
4th June 2012, 01:59 PM
Asad Khan Interview with Ar Rahman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM667fg-SZo&feature=youtu.be

A.ANAND
4th June 2012, 02:04 PM
One is always in awe of Rahman: Harshdeep Kaur

The 25-year-old singing sensation talks about her new album Ik Onkar, AR Rahman, Sufi music in Bollywood, upcoming projects and more..

'Katiya Karoon' singer Harshdeep Kaur recently released her first spiritual album Ik Onkar, featuring the complete Japji Sahib – the first sacred composition found in the main Sikh Holy Scripture, the Guru Granth Sahib.

Currently busy working on the second season of Coke Studio 2, the 25-year-old singing sensation came over to PlanetRadiocity studios to talk about her new album, AR Rahman, Sufi music in Bollywood, career highlights, upcoming projects and more...

Inception and making of Ik Onkar
The idea came after I sang the mul mantar of the Japji Sahab, which is our Sikh prayer, for Rang De Basanti. It became really popular after the film and its music became a success. I started getting request emails from people to sing the whole Japji Sahab—all 40 verses—in the same style.

So I approached the artist who mixed and mastered the music of Rang De Basanti, KJ Singh, who incidentally is my dad’s friend too, and we decided to record it with harmonies.

After 6 years, it’s finally launched (laughs)! We’re very lucky that Rahman sir came to launch this album in Delhi. There really couldn’t have been a better launch.

Key learnings from AR Rahman
Apart from being a musical genius, he’s a great human being. He’s so down to earth that you won’t feel “The AR Rahman” is standing next to you. He won’t let you feel how big a genius he is. He’s extremely spiritual too.

I remember one incident in particular. We were rehearsing for the world tour in America without him, suddenly he joined us and the entire ambience of the rehearsal room changed. It became so spiritual and the vibes were so good. I think it’s his presence and aura. You’re always in awe of him. It’s always like you’re singing for the first time in front of him.

One Rahman song you wish you had sung?
All of them (laughs)! There are so many songs… I like ‘Chaiyya Chaiyya’ because it’s similar to my voice texture. There’s one Sufi song that he sang, called ‘Menda Yaar Mila De Saiyyan’, I absolutely love that song. I also like ‘Naadaan Parindey’. I can go on (laughs).

Rising popularity of Sufi music in Bollywood
I think it’s not just Sufi music that is rising, it's good music that is rising. If a certain style goes on to become a hit, it ends up becoming a trend of sorts and then people demand more of that. Also, most of the Sufi songs are very soothing and that’s the reason why people like it.

It’s probably not being used in its true sense. It is being molded according to the situation in the film. It can’t be totally spiritual if Salman Khan is singing a song. Then again, ‘Tere Mast Mast Do Nain’ is a typical Bollywood song but at the same time, it’s got beautiful lyrics and is a very soulful composition. So I think it’s the melody of the song or the composition and Rahat Fateh Ali Khan of course that connects with the audience. People relate to it like Sufiyana Bollywood song. So it has some element of Sufi music in it even if it’s not entirely Sufi.

Highlights of your career
The first highlight was the MTV Video Gaga Contest that I won in 2001. Then it was my first playback song that I did for Aapko Pehle Bhi Kabhi Dekha Hai, which was Anubhav Sinha’s second film. Next highlight was singing ‘Ik Onkar’ for Rahman sir in Rang De Basanti. After that I took part in a reality show called Junoon Kuch Kar Dikhane Ka in 2008. That was the show that got me lot of fame. People started recognizing me by face.

Year 2010 was full of shows; I became a part of Rahman sir’s world tour in America, UK, Dubai, South Africa, and Singapore. Thanks to Rahman sir, I traveled the entire world (laughs). During that phase, when we were performing in London, sir called me to record something for 127 Hours so that was my first Hollywood project (laughs). He called me to sing for Rockstar. I consider that to be the biggest milestone ever! In between, there was Coke Studio which also came as a big surprise!

Composers you’d like to sing for
I’m a huge fan of Illayraja sir’s music. Also, I’d love to sing for Vishal Bhardwaj.

Upcoming projects
I’ve sung a couple of songs for Amit Trivedi’s Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana. I am also working on Coke Studio 2. This time around they’ve tweaked the concept. There are different music directors for each episode. So I have one episode with Amit Trivedi and the other with Hitesh Sonik. The essential difference between the two seasons is that Coke Studio 1 didn’t have many rehearsals actually. One day before the shoot, we just did one sound-tech check. This time the rehearsals have begun well in advance, thank god! (Laughs)

http://www.planetradiocity.com/musicreporter/celebrity-interview-details.php?interviewid=663&title=One is always in awe of Rahman: Harshdeep Kaur&pgno=2

A.ANAND
4th June 2012, 02:05 PM
A R Rahman - Maa Tujhe Salaam - Russians singer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbPxdtfR3Jo

SOURCE:ARRYG

A.ANAND
4th June 2012, 02:07 PM
A R RAHMAN BYTE PR COPY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xgm98SHYYTk

Roshan
6th June 2012, 11:39 AM
Hi Friends... The poll for 'Greatest Indian Ever after Mahathma Gandhi'. AR is in the list. Please vote and share it on FB, twitter, blog where ever possible :)

http://www.historyindia.com/TGI/profile?title=RAHMAN

Sunil_M88
7th June 2012, 05:41 AM
Anand, I've been away for a week but I count myself lucky as I've updated my self with Rahman Ji's current news thanks to your postings in the last few pages. Thanks :thumbsup:

raghavendran
7th June 2012, 09:46 AM
http://soundcloud.com/apoorva-sridhar

Kannada Godfather deepavali song

Ramakrishna
7th June 2012, 11:51 AM
http://soundcloud.com/apoorva-sridhar

Kannada Godfather deepavali song

The lyrics totally spoil the song.

raghavendran
7th June 2012, 03:59 PM
yes Ram..narasama irukku

ajaybaskar
8th June 2012, 08:03 AM
ARR is said to be the composer of Dhanush's 'Raanjhnaa' with director Anand L Rai. Dhanush pairs with Sonam Kapoor. This is Dhanush's second project with ARR after 'Mariyaan'.

Source: TOI and ETC

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raanjhnaa

raghavendran
8th June 2012, 11:06 AM
looking forward to BB movie/album...lot of movies in the pipeline...:D

Mahen
8th June 2012, 11:12 AM
yup confirmed ARR is doing both the films of Dhanush

Mahen
8th June 2012, 11:19 AM
lucky fellow Dhanush :)

groucho070
8th June 2012, 02:20 PM
Don't know where to post this, and sorry if its a repost. But man, he could've sang himself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=d1yLXomA988

Roshan
8th June 2012, 02:46 PM
Don't know where to post this, and sorry if its a repost. But man, he could've sang himself:

:shock: Never knew Mohanlal could sing ... Waw waw ! My respect for this Man increases further :notworthy:

Gosh, he got 'Chittu kuruvigaL en pakkam' so perfectly !! Yes I agree he could have sung it himself :thumbsup:

Roshan
8th June 2012, 02:47 PM
Grouch, can you post the entire video links of this program if possible ?

groucho070
8th June 2012, 02:49 PM
Yeah, miss here and there, but he nailed the sanggathi's plus you get that Mallu accent as bonus.

groucho070
8th June 2012, 02:50 PM
I got it from his facebook, thEdi pArkuren...

directhit
8th June 2012, 03:05 PM
:shock: Never knew Mohanlal could sing ... Waw waw ! My respect for this Man increases further :notworthy: he has sung quite a few songs in movies, my fav being Kaithapoovin from 'Kannezhuthi Pottum Thottu'. the other M also has sung a few songs :)

Roshan
8th June 2012, 03:07 PM
Yeah, miss here and there, but he nailed the sanggathi's plus you get that Mallu accent as bonus.

haha Mallu accent is true :) The finishing of each line was good - near perfect. ippO sontha kuralla paaduRa actors koodaa paakkumpOthu - he is damn good.

Roshan
8th June 2012, 03:09 PM
he has sung quite a few songs in movies, my fav being Kaithapoovin from 'Kannezhuthi Pottum Thottu'. the other M also has sung a few songs :)

Anoop, links please. Ippavae paathu aaganum. :)

Other M also can sing'a? Looks like every Malayalee can sing :)

Arvind Srinivasan
8th June 2012, 07:40 PM
^ You'r right...almost every body can...So natural they are, when it comes to singing IMHO...Coming back to Mohanlal, I second yours and Grouchy's thought that he could have sung the song himself...I've also heard him sing ' Kalyana katcheri' from Madambi along with Shankar Mahadevan in an Asianet function pretty recently.

Arvind Srinivasan
8th June 2012, 07:44 PM
Here it is...The attitude with which he sang was exemplary...This lack of inhibition is a trait that I find in many malayalees,not just singers ( the ones that I've met in my life till now)...

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z59ZNMuS9N0

Sunil_M88
8th June 2012, 09:42 PM
Got my hands on Godfather Kannada songs, PM me if you want the links :musicsmile:

Will post my views later on.

Roshan
8th June 2012, 11:10 PM
^ You'r right...almost every body can...So natural they are, when it comes to singing IMHO...

True ! I have a couple Malayalee friends/colleagues and they all can sing to some extent and none of them is formally trained. They keep humming songs most of the time even while working at their desks. They do have a great passion for singing.

Coming back to Mohanlal, I second yours and Grouchy's thought that he could have sung the song himself...I've also heard him sing ' Kalyana katcheri' from Madambi along with Shankar Mahadevan in an Asianet function pretty recently.

Thanks for the link Arvind :) Gonna watch now.

sathya_1979
8th June 2012, 11:31 PM
Got my hands on Godfather Kannada songs, PM me if you want the links :musicsmile:

yes pls.......... thanks in advance :)

Roshan
8th June 2012, 11:43 PM
Here it is...The attitude with which he sang was exemplary...

Yep ! Very sportive too.

This lack of inhibition is a trait that I find in many malayalees,not just singers ( the ones that I've met in my life till now)...

Same here.

Roshan
8th June 2012, 11:45 PM

Sunil, to me as well. Thanks. Looking forward to your review.

MADDY
9th June 2012, 09:45 AM
http://www.historyindia.com/TGI/

Rahman, one of nominated for greatest indian since mahatma and people are askig for articles, web blogs as proof for his success :lol:

//i would personally vote for Periyar or Jai prakash narayanan//

raghavendran
9th June 2012, 11:01 AM

wow,amazing singing by Lalettan :bow:....what an actor..the best in our Country IMO..breathtaking performance in Iruvar too...:bow:..he mentions AR as music machine :D

SUDHIR,
indha video kandippa paru da..u will enjoy it :)

Sunil_M88
9th June 2012, 09:12 PM
Godfather Kannada Songs

A nice trip down memory lane.

Vijay Prakash completely redefines Innisai with Nannede Sruthiyalli. He completely owns the prelude with his konakkol delivery which was last heard in Manmohini Morey. Nannede Sruthiyalli counterpart, Sarigama Sangamave is also notches above the original, an out and out authentic Carnatic number in Raag Hindolam(?). Thala’s divine performance from Varalaru hauntingly still lingers in my mind.

http:// youtube.com/watch?v=6y6bImNAR3o @3:06 onwards :shock:

Laali Laali Amma – I’m missing Rahman Ji, Naresh Iyer falls flat in reaching the high notes provided by Rahman Ji. However the emotion is retained. I’m oblivious to Kannada and Tamil but the chorus line of Laali Laali Amma sounds better to me as it’s easier to sing along to.

Neene Ee Kanna Honganasu – Sorry to say but Chinmayi does a better job than Sadhna mam but Abhay Jodhpurkar doesn’t even come to close SPB. However, he sounds better in the charanams. In hindsight I wish the original duet was by Chinmayi and SPB.

Sanchhari Manasu and Deepavali definitely sound better in Tamil. I’m a sucker for the arrangements for the arrangements in Deepavali, very inspiring work.

Aalapane replaces Ilaimai. It takes more of a melodic route than it predecessor. The respective beats are very Fanaa and Shano Shano-ish. The interlacing flute and acoustic guitar sound very supporting to this techno dance track. It’s really hard to define what genre this song is. It has the sensibilities of Gospel, Soul, and Hip hop. Blaaze is in top form. Warning – The chorus is really intoxicating. I can’t stop humming it.

Overall there’s not much to elaborate on as I hope we’re all familiar with the original. Hearing Godfather in Kannada iterates that Rahman Ji has broken the barriers of language. I think I could hear a Telephone directory set to Rahman Ji’s melody and still thoroughly enjoy it. Godfather definitely is one of Rahman Ji’s most diverse album. You have carnatic, middle eastern/ghazal and a youth anthem.

Rahman Ji who lives in a suitcase these days still conjures up quality music without any compromise. One minute he is collaborating with Iranian artists, one minute he's patrolling the world with his concerts and yet he comes back home to deliver some whopping music. Take a bow brother!

Sunil_M88
12th June 2012, 04:47 AM
There are plenty of songs out there by other composers that baffle us into thinking that they’re composed by Rahman Ji. I like this trait of certain MDs and if I didn’t look at the credits then I would definitely pass them as compositions by Rahman Ji. Hats off to these composers! I’m presenting a list of ongs along with the respected MDs. This is a list of the first and foremost songs that come to mind in no particular order.

Cham Cham from Striker (2010) Composer - Shailendra Barve
Sapno Ka Shehar Ho from Sehar (2005) Composer - Daniel B. George
Chandra Re from Ekalavya (2006) Composer - Shantanu Moitra
Pyar Kia To Nibhana from Major Saab (1998) Composer - Anand Raaj Anand
Jhin Min Jhini from Maqbool (2004) Composer - Vishal Bhardwaj
Kangal Irandal from Subramaniapuram (2008) Composer - James Vasanthan
Rang Deeni from Dev (2004) Composer - Aadesh Shrivastav
Hum Ko Malum Hai from Jaan-E-Mann (2006) Composer - Anu Malik
Kalangal from Thadaiyara Thakka (2012) Composer - S. Thaman
Un Azhagukku Thai/ Koyal Si from Aalavandhan/Abhay (2001) Composers - Shankar, Ehsaan and Loy
Cheppave Chirugali from Okkadu (2003) Composer - Manisharmae
Kitni Baatein from Lakshya (2004) Composers - Shankar, Ehsaan and Loy
Uruguthey Maruguthey from Veyil (2006) Composer - G. V. Prakash
Dheere Jalna from Paheli (2005) Composer - M.M. Kreem
Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Se Title Song (2010) Composer - Soheil Sen
Maula mere Maula from Anwar (2007) Composer - Mithoon
Tera Mera Milna from Aap Kaa Surroor (2007) Composer - Himesh Reshammiya
Rafta Rafta/Asai Asai from Hulchul (2004)/Dhool (2003) Composer – Vidyasagar
Goodnight from Ferrari Ki Sawaari (2012) Composer - Pritam
Mere Haat Mein from Fanaa (2006) Composers - Jatin-Lalit
Kaneere from Thakita Thakita (2010) Composer - Bobo Shashi
Koi Aisa Alam from Karam (2005) Composers - Vishal-Shekhar
Dhuan Dhuan from Fun2shh (2003) Composer - Pritam
Tanha from Gayab (2004) Composers - Ajay-Atul
Acchu Vellam Karumbe from Thotti Jaya (2005) Composer - Harris Jayaraj
Kehte Hai Jisko Mohabbat Woh Ho Tum from Grahan (2001) Composer - Karthik Raaja
Eh Nanbane Kobam from Mounam Pesiyadhe (2002) Composer - Yuvan Shankar Raja
Ore Manam from Villain (2002) Composer - Vidyasagar
Bawari Piya Ki from Baabul (2006) Composer - Aadesh Shrivastav
Ashoka Theme from Asoka (2001) Composer - Sandeep Chowta

:thumbsup: Highly recommended from all Rahamn Ji devotees! :thumbsup:

KlamRoyA
12th June 2012, 09:11 PM
Sory if already posted... ARR Family..

http://www.accesskollywood.com/photo-galleries/ar-rahman-family-album/images/ar-rahman-family-album01.jpg

SoftSword
12th June 2012, 09:22 PM
There are plenty of songs out there by other composers that baffle us into thinking that they’re composed by Rahman Ji. I like this trait of certain MDs and if I didn’t look at the credits then I would definitely pass them as compositions by Rahman Ji. Hats off to these composers! I’m presenting a list of ongs along with the respected MDs. This is a list of the first and foremost songs that come to mind in no particular order.

Cham Cham from Striker (2010) Composer - Shailendra Barve
Sapno Ka Shehar Ho from Sehar (2005) Composer - Daniel B. George
Chandra Re from Ekalavya (2006) Composer - Shantanu Moitra
Pyar Kia To Nibhana from Major Saab (1998) Composer - Anand Raaj Anand
Jhin Min Jhini from Maqbool (2004) Composer - Vishal Bhardwaj
Kangal Irandal from Subramaniapuram (2008) Composer - James Vasanthan - no way... not his style of composition... neither the tune nor the voice and orchestration.. when i first heard this song, it sounded very similar to 'sutrum vizhi sudare' and more similarities with the sober male voice in both the songs... but ARR not even remotely connected...
Rang Deeni from Dev (2004) Composer - Aadesh Shrivastav
Hum Ko Malum Hai from Jaan-E-Mann (2006) Composer - Anu Malik
Kalangal from Thadaiyara Thakka (2012) Composer - S. Thaman - hav never heard this...
Un Azhagukku Thai/ Koyal Si from Aalavandhan/Abhay (2001) Composers - Shankar, Ehsaan and Loy - maybe
Cheppave Chirugali from Okkadu (2003) Composer - Manisharmae
Kitni Baatein from Lakshya (2004) Composers - Shankar, Ehsaan and Loy
Uruguthey Maruguthey from Veyil (2006) Composer - G. V. Prakash - again no... i think both this and 'un alagukku thaai' u related to it cos of shankar mahadevans singing style similar to his songs with ARR... and the tune here is simple folk as well which ARR mostly does not chose to do...
Dheere Jalna from Paheli (2005) Composer - M.M. Kreem
Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Se Title Song (2010) Composer - Soheil Sen
Maula mere Maula from Anwar (2007) Composer - Mithoon
Tera Mera Milna from Aap Kaa Surroor (2007) Composer - Himesh Reshammiya
Rafta Rafta/Asai Asai from Hulchul (2004)/Dhool (2003) Composer – Vidyasagar
Goodnight from Ferrari Ki Sawaari (2012) Composer - Pritam
Mere Haat Mein from Fanaa (2006) Composers - Jatin-Lalit
Kaneere from Thakita Thakita (2010) Composer - Bobo Shashi
Koi Aisa Alam from Karam (2005) Composers - Vishal-Shekhar
Dhuan Dhuan from Fun2shh (2003) Composer - Pritam
Tanha from Gayab (2004) Composers - Ajay-Atul
Acchu Vellam Karumbe from Thotti Jaya (2005) Composer - Harris Jayaraj - in the begining, i use to mistake all HJ songs to be ARRs when i am listening to the interlude or BGM... yes... some ARR styles there in the whole album...
Kehte Hai Jisko Mohabbat Woh Ho Tum from Grahan (2001) Composer - Karthik Raaja
Eh Nanbane Kobam from Mounam Pesiyadhe (2002) Composer - Yuvan Shankar Raja - no ways...
Ore Manam from Villain (2002) Composer - Vidyasagar - not even remotely...
Bawari Piya Ki from Baabul (2006) Composer - Aadesh Shrivastav
Ashoka Theme from Asoka (2001) Composer - Sandeep Chowta

:thumbsup: Highly recommended from all Rahamn Ji devotees! :thumbsup:

its just my opinion sunil... nom.

groucho070
13th June 2012, 11:36 AM
TR-STR-ARR? :argh:

Sorry if its a repost.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/regional/tamil/news-interviews/TR-STR-and-ARR-to-team-up/articleshow/14056815.cms

Sources say that T Rajendar is contemplating on producing a sequel to Manmadhan starring his son Simbu in the lead role. It is believed that TR is looking to rope in the Oscar winner AR Rahman for this project.

Interestingly, AR Rahman was a key board artiste in T Rajendar's camp during his initial days and hence sources say that he may agree to do the honours. With Rahman having a number of projects lined up, will he be able to take up the offer?

SoftSword
13th June 2012, 03:44 PM
grouse cool... indha madhiri scoop news kudukkura unga mudhal poste ipdiyaa irukkanum... lol...
TR'ku innorutthar musicaa?? avarae oru nadamaadum symphony...

Sunil_M88
13th June 2012, 07:32 PM
Thanks VTV sir :clap: I have never seen a pic of Rahman Ji's kids, I'm really happy that you shared this rare pic.

SS - no offense taken buddy

Here are some more songs that I feel have a Rahman Ji stamp

Jaaneman from Aryan (2006) Composer - Anand Raaj Anand
Most songs of Gupt (1997) Composer - Viju Shah
Bole - Dole from Rudraksh (2004) Composer - Shashi Pritam
Koyal from Philtre (2006) Composer - Nitin Sawhney
Ek Jaan from London Underground (2008) Composer - Nitin Sawhney
Tum Badlo Thoda Hum Title song (2004) Composer - Amar Mohile
Swayamvara Chandrike from Chronic Bachelor (2003) Composer - Deepak Dev
Kizhakku Pookum from Anwar (2010) Composer - Gopi Sundar
Manase Thadisela from Kick (2009) Composer –.S. Tahman
Kalli Adi Kalli from Nandha (2001) Composer - Yuvan Shankar Raja
Kannanai Thedi from Marupadiyum Oru Kadhal (2010) Composer – Srikanth Deva
Yedho Agudhey from Mambattiyan (2011) Composer - S. Thaman
Sabse Alag from Alag (2006) Composer - Aadesh Shirvastav
Soniye Mil Ja from Aaja Nachle (2007) Composer - Salim-Suleiman
Kummi Adi Penne from Chellame (2003) Composer - Harris Jayaraj
Ijjodu album (2010) Composer - Manikanth Kadri
Chirugalithone Adiga from Note Book (2006) Composer - Mickey J Meyyer
Khul Ke Muskura Le from Phir Milenge (2004) Composer - Shankar, Ehsaan and Loy
Ninaithu Ninaithu from 7G Rainbow Colony (2004) Composer - Yuvan Shankar Raja
Mansurukiathe from Karungali (2011) Composer - Srikanth Deva
Oh Yaara Rab from Socha Na Tha (2005) Composer - Sandesh Shandilya
Chanda Taare from Yaadein (2001) Composer - Anu Malik
Unnai Ninaithen from Mariyathai (2009) Composer - Vijay Antony
Nenani Neevani and Nijanga Nijanga and from Kotha Bangaru Lokam (2008) Composer - Mickey J Meyyer
Nuvve Kantapadanante from Anjaneyulu (2009) Composer - S. Thaman

Parthyy
15th June 2012, 12:58 PM
grouse cool... indha madhiri scoop news kudukkura unga mudhal poste ipdiyaa irukkanum... lol...
TR'ku innorutthar musicaa?? avarae oru nadamaadum symphony...

seems true..simbu koduramaana lyrics mattum podaama irundhaa sari ..
But this guy has good music sense as seen in movie like manmadhan,vallavan...:-D..gonna be musically rocking album but not the movie

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/regional/tamil/news-interviews/Simbu-signs-on-Rahman/articleshow/14126384.cms

Simbu signs on Rahman!

Lata Srinivasan (http://www.mayyam.com/toireporter/author-Lata-Srinivasan.cms)Lata Srinivasan, TNN | Jun 15, 2012, 12.00AM IST

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/thumb/msid-14126673,width-300,resizemode-4/Simbu-jpg.jpg (http://javascript<strong></strong>:void(0))

The news is not yet official but it's said that AR Rahman has agreed to score the music for Simbu's film. Manmadhan Part 2 (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/topic/Manmadhan-Part-2) has been scripted by the actor himself and is a sequel to his hit film, Manmadhan.

It was for Simbu's Vinnaithandi Varuvaya that ARR had scored the music earlier and, in fact, the music still continues to be a rage. A source close to the development reveals to us, "Simbu has had an initial meeting with Rahman and is all set to work with him. They will be meeting again to finalise other aspects."

If the two come together for this project, it will be new pairing in Kollywood as the collaboration for Simbu (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/topic/Simbu) is more than just acting. For Manmadhan Part 2, Simbu will also apparently be writing the lyrics as well producing and directing the film. And he is all set to reprise a double role. Manmadhan, released in 2004, starred Simbu in a double role and was a romantic thriller. The actor also directed that film.

ajaybaskar
15th June 2012, 01:03 PM
Nice lists, Sunil. Listened to Ishaqzaade?

ajithfederer
15th June 2012, 01:09 PM
You don't have say this in every post of your's. This is a good pic and thanks for posting it here. I've never seen this before. Thanks again.

Sory if already posted... ARR Family..

http://www.accesskollywood.com/photo-galleries/ar-rahman-family-album/images/ar-rahman-family-album01.jpg

ajaybaskar
15th June 2012, 01:12 PM
Ameen has the looks of a future hero.. Cute!!

SoftSword
15th June 2012, 03:10 PM
ah super paarthy... nalla combo dhaan...
grouse.. if this comes true.. will pour some margarita in ur mouth...

SoftSword
15th June 2012, 03:10 PM
ajay...

which is the 'maatram konduvaa...' girl in the pic...

KlamRoyA
15th June 2012, 03:24 PM
Ameen has the looks of a future hero.. Cute!!

+1...:)

KlamRoyA
15th June 2012, 03:31 PM
SS... Left one..Khatija

Mahen
16th June 2012, 04:36 PM
Simbu and ARR? :roll: btw, im supposed to be excited but irunthalum kekaren..how come ARR is doing so many tamil films ? :oops:

A.ANAND
16th June 2012, 06:28 PM
Rahman abt Kamal’s Viswaroobam song

http://www.tubetamil.com/watch-cinema-videos/watch-tamil-cinema-news/rahman-abt-kamals-viswaroobam-song.html

Parthyy
17th June 2012, 03:28 AM
Mahen,SS
Paarunga sure album gonna rock..can expect funky & peppy tones like mukkabla,smayai smayai,taxi taxi
Introsong sure ah annanukku irukkum :lol2: ARR Intro sollavae venaam..Vaaali lyric default for his movies(vallavan,manmadhan)
Eagerly expecting the Album irrespective of movie :mrgreen:

raghavendran
17th June 2012, 09:44 AM
rumour a dhan irukkum...str u1 vittu veliye varamatane?...if its true,then i think this will be the highest number of films in the pipeline for Ar in any period in his career?...:shock:.

raghavendran
17th June 2012, 08:21 PM
Singer srinivas On A.R.Rahman
It was while watching the screening of the Mani Ratnam film Roja
in 1992 that the singer was introduced to the musical talent of AR
Rahman, and the two have shared a special relationship since. “Being an
ardent Ilaiyaraja fan, I was blown away by the sheer talent of Rahman
when I first heard the songs of Roja, and thought then itself that this man could emerge as a worthy competitor to the maestro,” he recalls with pride.

“My first song composed by Rahman was Mel Isaiye… for the Prabhu Deva-starrer Mr Romeo,
and he has been my pillar of strength for the last eighteen years.
Rahman gives an artist complete freedom to explore his range, and is
responsible for my growth as a playback singer in this film industry,”
the Minsara Poove… singer says admiringly.

A recipient of several awards, a couple of awards are of special
significance for Srinivas. “Winning the Tamil Nadu State Award for Minsara Poove…
is the most special, more so because the great MS Vishwanathan was the
chairman of the Awards committee when I was considered for the award.
Winning his approval is bigger than winning a National Award in my
book,” Srinivas says. Srinivas talks about winning the Kerala State
Award for his song Baansuri… in the same breath. “Being a
Tamilian, it was heartwarming to receive a Kerala State Award for a
Malayalam song that I’d done. It was a special composition by Ramesh
Narayan, and felt extremely rewarding,” he admits.

http://rahman360.com/?p=5018

A.ANAND
17th June 2012, 11:14 PM
AR Rahman @ GQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h673M3l8oL4

A.ANAND
17th June 2012, 11:14 PM
Singapore Is Important to Me, says A.R. Rahman

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152005047145001

ajaybaskar
18th June 2012, 09:44 AM
str u1 vittu veliye varamatane?...

Osthe,Vaalu : Thaman
Poda Podi : Dharan

U1 composes for STR's long pending 'Vettai Mannan'. Thassal!!

raghavendran
18th June 2012, 10:23 AM
Ajay
i meant for his films where he writes or directs..manmadhan,vallavan,kettavan etc

SoftSword
18th June 2012, 02:57 PM
Osthe,Vaalu : Thaman
Poda Podi : Dharan

U1 composes for STR's long pending 'Vettai Mannan'. Thassal!!

if kalaasala, sweet pondaati and whr is the party are the kinda music str is lookin for in his movies... plis to 10 steps back from ARR..
hope from VTV he wud hav learnt things abt music and ARR.

KlamRoyA
18th June 2012, 03:22 PM
kalaasala, sweet pondaati r rejected..

whr is the party is accepted... :2thumbsup:

v need a song kind of 'Pettai rap' & 'Mukkala mukkappula' frm ARR & STR

A.ANAND
18th June 2012, 06:11 PM
ARR,KAMAL,SPB

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/3/1295421.html

ajaybaskar
19th June 2012, 02:19 PM
சிம்புவின் மன்மதன் பார்ட்-2 விற்கு ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான் இசை!

மன்மதன் வெற்றியை தொடர்ந்து அதன் 2ம் பாகமாக மன்மதன்-2 எடுக்க சிம்பு திட்டமிட்டு வருகிறார். இதற்கு ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான் இசையமைக்க போவதாக கூறப்படுகிறது. கடந்த 2004ம் ஆண்டு சிம்பு எழுதி, திரைக்கதை அமைத்த படம் மன்மதன். ஆண்களை ஏமாற்றும் பெண்களை மயக்கி அவர்களை கொலை செய்யும் மன்மதனாக நடித்திருந்தார் சிம்பு. சிம்புவின் வித்தியாசமான நடிப்பில் சூப்பர் ஹிட்டானது இப்படம்.

இந்நிலையில் இப்படத்தின் 2ம் பாகத்தை எடுக்க சிம்பு தயாராகி வருகிறார். இதில் இப்படத்திற்கு இசையமைக்க ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மானை அணுகியுள்ளார். ஏற்கனவே இவர்களது கூட்டணியில் வெளியான விண்ணைத்தாண்டி வருவாயா படத்தின் பாடல்கள் மாபெரும் ஹிட்டாகின. அதன் வெளிப்பாடாக தன்னுடைய மன்மதன்-2விற்கும் ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மானையே *இசையமைக்க சிம்பு நினைக்கிறார். இதுதொடர்பாக ஏற்கனவே சிம்பு ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மானை சந்தித்து பேசிவிட்டாராம். அவரும் ஓ.கே., சொன்னதாக கூறப்படுகிறது. இருந்தும் மீண்டும் ஒருமுறை ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மானை சந்தித்து முழு சம்மதத்தை வாங்க திட்டமிட்டு வருகிறார் சிம்பு.

மன்மதன்-2 படத்தை சிம்புவே கதை எழுதி, இயக்கி, பாடல் எழுதி, நடித்து கூடவே தயாரிக்கவும் இருக்கிறார். விரைவில் இப்படம் தொடர்பாக அதிகாரப்பூர்வ அறிவிப்பு வெளியாக இருக்கிறது.

SoftSword
19th June 2012, 03:20 PM
ajay... wat does ur sources say abt this news?

satissh_r
22nd June 2012, 03:41 PM
A.R. Rahman iTunes Playlist's Playlist

1. "Mountain Dance" by Dave Grusin & London Symphony Orchestra: "Listening to his piano playing made me fly when I was a kid; I didn't know why."
2. "Love Theme (From "Blade Runner")" by Vangelis: "The synth bass and sax and electric piano: genius."
3. "Theme (From "Born on the Fourth of July")" by John Williams: "This was my gateway to John Williams' sound of Hollywood!"
4. "My Heart, My Life" by Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan: "Beautiful. You don't need to understand his words to feel this song."
5. "Messa Da Requiem: Dies Irae - Tuba Mirum" by London Philharmonic Orchestra, David Parry, London Philharmonic Choir & The London Chorus: "This is my state of mind sometimes."
6. "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen: "I am still trying to figure out the intention of this song after 25 years. (I haven't tried to Google it yet.)"
7. "I Cried for You" by Katie Melua: "Beautiful!"
8. "Remember the Time" by Michael Jackson: "I still remember the impact of this video and song on me when I first experienced it back in '91."
9. "Summertime" by George Gershwin: "I never knew that a minor sixth chord could give so much ecstasy against a melody!"

http://itunes.apple.com/us/playlist/a.r.-rahman-itunes-playlist/id536632595?wm=1

Sudalai
22nd June 2012, 07:54 PM
Engayaa.. Puyal-um kaanom.. mazhai-yum kaanom.. namba Thamizh naattula... ??

A.ANAND
23rd June 2012, 05:14 PM
ஏ. ஆர். ரஹ்மான் - ஒரு ஆச்சர்யம் (பகுதி இரண்டு)

ஏ ஆர் ரஹ்மான் அவர்களைப் பற்றி ஒரு கட்டுரை எழுதவேண்டும் என ஆரம்பித்து, அது எங்கோ சென்று அவரது பாடல்களில் என்னைக் கவர்ந்த பாடல்களின் தொகுப்பாக அந்தக் கட்டுரை முடிந்து போனது. ஓர் இரு நாட்கள் கழித்து அந்த கட்டுரையை படித்தபோது எதற்கும் பயனற்ற ஒன்றாகவே அது தோன்றியது. எழுத ஆரம்பித்த நோக்கத்தை சரி செய்து கொள்ள மறுபடியும் அதன் தொடர்ச்சியாக இதை எழுதுகிறேன். (முதல் பாகத்தை படிக்காதவர்கள் அதை படிக்கத்தேவயில்லை என ஆணித்தரமாக தெரிவித்துக் கொள்கிறேன்)

சமீபத்தில் ரஹ்மான் அவர்களது ஒரு பழைய செவ்வியை யூடியூபில் பார்க்க முடிந்தது. 1995 இல் திரு பி ஹெச் அப்துல் ஹமீதினால் எடுக்கப்பட்ட செவ்வி, என்னை ஆச்சர்யத்தில் ஆழ்த்தியது. இருபத்தி ஆறு அல்லது இருபத்தி எழு வயதே நிரம்பிய ரஹ்மானின் முதிர்ச்சியும் இசை, சமூகம் தொடர்பான அவரது பார்வையும் என்னை வெகுவாக பாதித்தது. தமிழ் திரையிசை ரசிகர்கள் மத்தியில் ரஹ்மான் மிகவும் பிரபலம் அடைந்த காலம் அது, அந்த இளம் வயதில் கிட்டிய அதிகப்படியான பிரபல்யத்தையும் நட்ச்சத்திர அந்தஸ்தையும் ரஹ்மான் கையாண்ட விதம் அவர் மீது பெரும் மரியாதையை ஏற்படுத்தியது. தமிழ் திரையிசையை புரட்டிப்போட்ட ஒரு இசை சக்கரவர்த்தியாக ரசிகர்கள் அவரை கொண்டாடியபோது அவரது அடக்கமும், அவரது இசை முன்னோடிகள் மீது அவர் கொண்டிருந்த மரியாதையும் வியக்கவைத்தது. இன்று ரஹ்மானின் அடையாளங்களுள் ஒன்றாக மாறிப்போன இந்த குணவியல்புகள் அவரது சிறு வயது முதல்கொண்டே அவரிடம் இருந்துவந்தது என்பது ஆச்சரியம் தந்தது.

தனது பதின் மூன்றாம் வயதுமுதல் குடும்ப பாரத்தை சுமக்கத்தொடங்கிய ரஹ்மான், குழைந்தைப் பருவம் தனக்கு கிட்டவில்லை என்பதை சமித்திய செவ்வி ஒன்றில் கூறியிருந்தார். சிறு வயது முதல் பெரியவர்களுடன் பழகியதும் குடும்பப் பாரம், தொழில்சிந்தனை என்பனவும் தன்னை முதிர்ச்சிப்படுத்தியதாக கூறியிருந்தார். ஒரு சாதாரண சிறுவன் அனுபவிக்க நினைக்கும் எந்த கேளிக்கையும் இவரது வாழ்வில் இருந்ததில்லை, குழந்தை பருவத்தை முற்றிலும் தொலைத்துவிட்ட ஒரு வாழ்க்கை, அந்த ஏக்கத்தை முழுவதும் தனது இசையில் செலுத்தியிருக்கிறார் என்பதற்கு இவர் உருவாக்கிய இசையே சாட்சி. தாயார் மீது அதீத பாசம் கொண்டிருக்கும் ரஹ்மானின் தாலாட்டு இசையில் அந்த பாசம் மேலோங்கித் தெரியும். "என்னாத்தா பொன்னாத்தா", "அழகு நிலவே", "உயிரும் நீயே" போன்ற பாடல்கள் அந்த பாசத்தின் வெளிப்பாடாகவே தோன்றும்.

ரஹ்மானிடம் என்னை மிகவும் ஆச்சரியப்பட வைத்த ஒரு விடயம், தனது இசைப் பயணத்தின் ஏற்ற இறக்கங்களை அவர் கையாண்ட விதம். ரோஜா என்ற இசையினை வழங்கி தனது முதல் திரைப்படத்திலேயே தேசியவிருத்தையும் பெற்ற ரஹ்மான், ரோஜாவின் பிற்பாடு தன்னிடம் எந்த இசையுமே எஞ்சியிருக்கவில்லை என நினைத்ததாக கூறுகிறார். தன்னால் ஒரு இசையமைப்பாளராக நிலைத்திருக்க முடியாது என எண்ணியதாக கூறுகிறார். அந்த ஒரு நிலைமை ஒவ்வொரு படைப்பாளியின் வாழ்விலும் ஏற்படக்கூடியது, படைப்பு வறட்சி ஏற்பட்ட பின்னர் அதிலிருந்து மீண்டு வருவதென்பது சாதாரண விடயமில்லை, ரஹ்மான் இதனை ஒருதடவயல்ல இரு தடவைகள் செய்தது காட்டியிருக்கிறார். ஒவ்வொரு தடவையும் முன்பை விட வீரியத்துடனும் வீச்சத்துடனும் இருக்கிறது அவரது எழுச்சி. ரோஜாவில் அனைவரது கவனத்தையும் கவர்ந்த ரஹ்மான், அதன் பின்னர் வந்த திரைப்படங்கள் மூலம் தமிழ் திரையிசையின் ஒட்டுமொத்த அடையாளமாக மாறினார். இரண்டாயிரத்திற்கு பிற்பட்ட காலத்தில் மறுபடியும் ஒரு வறட்சியை எதிர்கொண்ட ரஹ்மான், மீள வந்தபோது முழு இந்தியாவினதுமே திரையிசை அடையாளமாக இனம்காணப்பட்டார்.

ரஹ்மானின் வலக்கரமாக இருந்த சாஹுல் ஹமீதின் மரணத்தின் பின்னர் ரஹ்மான் இனி இல்லை என்றே பலரும் எண்ணினார்கள், அதையும் தகர்த்து ஹிந்தி திரையுலகத்தில் கால் பதித்தார் ரஹ்மான். தனது ஆஸ்தான சவுண்ட் இஞ்சினியர் ஸ்ரீதர் அவர்களது மரணத்தின் பின்னர் ரஹ்மானது இசை எவ்வாறு ஒலிக்கப்போகிறது என பலரும் எதிர்பார்த்தபோது விண்ணைத்தாண்டி வருவாயா, எந்திரன் போன்ற ஹை டெக் இசையினை வழங்கினார். சிறு வயதிலிருந்தே இழப்புக்களை சந்தித்து வந்த ரஹ்மானுக்கு இழப்புக்களில் இருந்து மீண்டு வருவது எவ்வாறு என்பது நன்றாகவே தெரிந்திருந்தது. வாழ்க்கை மீது அவருக்கு இருந்த அலாதியான புரிதலே இதை சாத்தியமாக்கியது எனலாம்.

சமுதாயம் தொடர்பான ரஹ்மானது பார்வை மிகவும் ஆழமானது. இசை என்பதில் நல்ல இசை மோசமான இசை என இரு வகை இருப்பதாக ரஹ்மான் கூறுகிறார். ஒரு இசையினை கேட்டபின்னர் அது உங்களுக்கு மன அமைதியை அல்லது உற்சாகத்தை தருகிறது எனில் அது நல்ல இசை, அதுவே மனிதனது கறுப்புப் பக்கத்தை தூண்டிவிடும் எனில் அது மோசமான இசை என்பதே ரஹ்மான் கூறுவது. ரஹ்மான் எப்போதும் நல்ல இசையினை வழங்குவதிலேயே கவனம் செலுத்தியிருக்கிறார் என்பது எனது ஆழமான நம்பிக்கை. அன்றாடம் வாழ்கையில் காணப்படும் அம்சங்கள் சமூக நலன் சார்ந்ததாக மாறவேண்டும் என்பது ரஹ்மானது கருத்து. பத்திரிகைகள் விறுவிறுப்பான செய்திகளுக்கும் கொலை, கொள்ளை, கற்பழிப்பு, விபத்துக்கள், கிசுகிசுக்கள் போன்ற சென்சேஷனல் விடயங்களுக்கும், அதிக முக்கியத்துவம் குடுப்பதை கடுமையாக கண்டிக்கிறார். 1950இல் இருந்ததிலிருந்து 2010இல் குற்றங்கள் அதிகளவில் அதிகரிக்கவில்லை என்பது ரஹ்மானது கருத்து. ஊடகங்களில் முன்னிறுத்தப்படும் செய்த்திகளின் அடிப்படையிலேயே அவ்வாறான ஒரு உலகம் கட்டமைக்கப் படுவதாக அவர் நினைக்கிறார்.

நவீன வீடியோ கேம்களில் விபத்து ஏற்படுத்துவதும் ரத்தக்காயம் ஏற்பட வைப்பதும் ஒரு சென்சேஷன் ஆக மாறி விட்டிருப்பதையும் கண்டிக்கிறார். என் குழந்தைகளுக்கு அவ்வாறான கேம்களை விளையாட அனுமதிக்க மாட்டேன் என ரஹ்மான் கூறுகிறார். (இந்த கூற்று இன்சைட் மேன் படத்தில் ஒரு காட்சியாக அமைக்கப்பட்டிருக்கும், அந்த படத்தில் ஆரம்ப மற்றும் இறுதி இசையாக ரஹ்மானது தைய தையா இடம்பெற்றிருக்கும் என்பதும் கூடுதல் தகவல்). ரஹ்மான் ஒருபோதும் தனது அடையாளத்தை விட்டுக்கொடுத்ததில்லை. எங்கே சென்றாலும் தான் தமிழன் என்பதிலும் இந்தியன் என்பதிளிலும் அலாதி பெருமை கொண்டிருக்கக்கூடியவர். அவரை தொடர்ந்து கவனித்து வருபவர்களுக்கு தெரியக்கூடிய ஒரு விடயம், உடலலங்காரங்களிலோ சிகை அலங்காரத்திலோ அதிக கவனம் செலுத்தாத ரஹ்மான் சமீபத்தில் தன்னை முற்றிலும் மாற்றிக் கொண்டு இருக்கிறார். இது பற்றி ஒரு செவ்வியில் என்னை ஒரு இந்தியனாக உலகம் பார்க்கும்போது நான் இவற்றில் கவனம் செலுத்தவேண்டி இருக்கிறது என கூறுகிறார்.

மனித உறவுகள் பற்றி ரஹ்மானின் முகநூலில் பதியப்பட்ட ஒரு செய்தி பின்வருமாறு விரிகிறது "ஒருபோதும் அவசராட்டு முடிவுகளை எடுக்காதீர்கள், குறிப்பாக மனிதர்களை பற்றி. எப்போதும் ஒருவிடயத்திற்கு இன்னொரு பக்கமும் இருக்கும், ஒரு நல்ல பக்கம். நாம் எப்போதும் ஒரு மனிதரையோ, இடத்தையோ, கலை வடிவத்தையோ அல்லது ஒருநிறுவனத்தையோ அதன் அழகையும் பெறுமதியையும் பார்பதற்கான வழிமுறையை தேடிக்கொள்ளவேண்டும். நாம் ஒவ்வொருவரதும் பிரச்சினையில் பாதியாவது நாம் இன்னொருவர்வர் பற்றி அவசர முடிவுகளை எடுக்கதிருப்பதனால் தீர்த்துக்கொள்ளலாம்" கேளிக்கை வணிகத்தில் இருக்கும் எவரிடமும் ரஹ்மானிடம் இருக்கும் நுண்ணியமான சமுதாய பார்வையினை நான் பார்த்ததில்லை.

ரஹ்மான் அவர்கள் நேரத்தை எவ்வாறு திட்டமிட்டு செலவழிக்கிறார் என்பது தொடர்பான ஒரு செவ்வியை கட்டுரை வடிவில் மிகச் சமீபத்தில் படிக்கக் கிடைத்தது. இருபது நிமிடங்களுக்கு மேல் அவர் எந்த ஒரு விடயத்திலும் தேங்கி இருப்பதில்லை என ரஹ்மான் கூறுகிறார். படைப்பாளியாக ஒரு விடயம் சரியாக அமையாதபோது நாள் கணக்கில் அதில் தேங்கியிருக்கும் மனிதர்கள் பலரை பார்த்திருக்கிறோம், அவ்வாறு தேங்கி இருப்பது ஒரு வகையான வலிந்து திணிக்கப்பட்ட படைப்பினையே தரும் எனவும் அழகியலுக்கு ஒத்துவராது எனவும் அவர் கூறுகிறார். இருபது நிமிட வேலை பின்னர் சிறிதாக ஒரு இடைவேளை என்பது அவரது பாணி. ஒரு பரபரப்பான இசையமைப்பாளராக ரஹ்மான் குடும்பத்துக்காக எவ்வாறு நேரம் ஒதுக்குகிறார் என்கிற ஒரு கேள்விக்கு ரஹ்மான் அளித்த பதிலே என்னை மிகவும் ஆச்சரியப் பட வைத்தது.

ஒரே சமயத்தில் இசையிலும் குடும்பத்திலும் ஒரே அளவான கவனம் செலுத்துவது தனக்கு சாத்தியமானதல்ல என்கிறார். 2011 இல் தனது ஓய்வுக்கான காரணமும் அதுதான் என்கிறார் ரஹ்மான். தனது மகளுக்கு இருதய சத்திர சிகிச்சை செய்யப்பட்டதாகவும் மகளுக்காக நேரம் செலவழிக்க வேண்டும் என்பதற்காகவுமே இசையினை தள்ளி வைத்ததாக ரஹ்மான் கூறுகிறார். இன்றைய நிலையில் தொட்டதெல்லாம் பொன்னாகும் அளவு போர்மில் இருக்கும் ரஹ்மான் குழந்தைக்காக தனது இசையை ஒத்திவைத்தது சாதாரணமாக தோன்றினாலும் அந்த நிலையை அடைய எவ்வளவு பக்குவம் வேண்டும் என்பது பணத்துக்கும் புகழுக்குமாக வாழ்கையை தொலைத்துவிட்ட மனிதர்களை அண்றாடம் சந்திக்கும் பலருக்கு தெரிந்திருக்கும்.

நல்ல கணவராக, நல்ல தந்தையாக, நல்ல மகனாக, நல்ல குடிமகனாக ரஹ்மானின் அனைத்து பரிணாமங்களும் எப்போதும் என்னை ஆச்சரியத்தில் ஆழ்திக்கொண்டே இருக்கிறது. எல்லாவற்றுக்கும் மேலாக எப்பொழுதும் அவருடன் ஒன்றியிருக்கும் அந்த வசீகர புன்னகையும்.

Yes, you have all the talent but the most important equipment that you need to have in order to begin the long climb is a very simple device called a ‘Smile’. Just wear it and you will see how smiles get converted to miles! - A.R Rahman

டிஸ்கி: ரஹ்மானை பற்றி எழுத ஆரம்பித்தால் அதற்க்கு ஒரு முடிவு கிட்டாது போலும். எனவே இத்துடன் நிறுத்திக்கொள்கிறேன். நேரம் கிட்டினால் கண்டிப்பாக ரஹ்மானின் முகநூல் பக்கத்தில் பதிவு செய்யப்பட மயாமி பல்கலைக்கழக டாக்டர் பட்ட ஏற்புரையை இங்கு கிளிக்கி படிக்கவும்.

Posted 5 days ago

A.ANAND
23rd June 2012, 05:30 PM
ஏ. ஆர். ரஹ்மான் - ஒரு ஆச்சர்யம் (பகுதி இரண்டு)

http://realsanthanamfanz.blogspot.com/2012/06/blog-post_18.html#!/2012/06/blog-post_18.html

A.ANAND
28th June 2012, 11:09 AM
EXCLUSIVE: A.R. Rahman to compose track for Danny Boyle’s Olympics opening ceremony

EXCLUSIVE: A.R. Rahman to compose track for Danny Boyle’s Olympics opening ceremony Exclusive premiere: Caveman “Old Friend” “The Amazing Spider-Man” review: Peter Parker is back and better than ever Exclusive premiere: Eleni Mandell “Magic Summertime”
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EXCLUSIVE: A.R. Rahman to compose track for Danny Boyle’s Olympics opening ceremony

Photo: A.R. Rahman, courtesy Fox Searchlight

"It's one of the songs for the opening ceremony. It's a secret," he told IFC.
Movies Posted June 27th, 2012, 5:06 PM by Terri Schwartz
A.R. Rahman has made a name for himself in Hollywood working with Danny Boyle. Their first collaboration on 2008′s “Slumdog Millionaire” won Rahman two Oscars including Best Original Score and Best Song (“Jai Ho”). When they teamed up two years later for “127 Hours,” Rahman was again nominated in both categories. Rahman won’t be working on Boyle’s next film, “Trance,” but they are taking their collaborative process to the big leagues.

During a phone interview while promoting his most recently Hollywood score in “People Like Us,” Rahman exclusively revealed to IFC that he would be composing part of the score Boyle is using in the 2012 summer Olympics.

“I’m already doing a track for him for the Olympics. You’re the first person to know!” Rahman said when we asked if he thought he and Boyle would work together in the future. “It’s one of the songs for the opening ceremony. It’s a secret.”

Boyle’s preparations for the opening ceremony have been the subject of much media attention in recent weeks. The $42 million (£27 million), three hour long extravaganza will be called “Isles of Wonder” and is inspired by Shakespeare’s “The Tempest” and Mary Shelley’s “Frankenstein.” Paul McCartney has already confirmed his involvement in the production, and the electronic band Underworld will be writing original music for the opening ceremony as well. Underworld composed the music for Boyle’s stage version of “Frankenstein,” which was performed at the Royal National Theatre in 2011.

Though Rahman isn’t working with Boyle on his next film, he told IFC that he has faith they’ll collaborate on another movie in the future.

“I think ‘Trance’ is being worked by his composer who did ‘Trainspotting,’ and I felt good that he was going back to the original composer, but I would give my heart [to work with him],” Rahman said with a laugh. “I think we’ll be working together in the future.”

“People Like Us” is due in theaters this Friday. Tune in later this week for the rest of our interview with Rahman.

Are you excited to hear what Rahman and Boyle come up with for the summer Olympics? Tell us in the comments section below or on Facebook and Twitter.

http://www.ifc.com/fix/2012/06/a-r-rahman-danny-boyle-olympics-opening-ceremony

Roshan
28th June 2012, 11:21 AM
It's written.. onniyum paNNa mudiyaathu :)

raghavendran
29th June 2012, 09:15 AM
"It's one of the songs for the opening ceremony. It's a secret," he told IFC.

A.R. Rahman has made a name for himself in Hollywood working with Danny Boyle.
Their first collaboration on 2008′s “Slumdog Millionaire” won Rahman
two Oscars including Best Original Score and Best Song (“Jai Ho”). When
they teamed up two years later for “127 Hours,” Rahman was again
nominated in both categories. Rahman won’t be working on Boyle’s next
film, “Trance,” but they are taking their collaborative process to the big leagues.

During a phone interview while promoting his most recently Hollywood score in “People Like Us,” Rahman exclusively revealed to IFC that he would be composing part of the score Boyle is using in the 2012 summer Olympics.

“I’m already doing a track for him for the Olympics. You’re the first
person to know!” Rahman said when we asked if he thought he and Boyle
would work together in the future. “It’s one of the songs for the
opening ceremony. It’s a secret.”

Boyle’s preparations for the opening ceremony have been the subject
of much media attention in recent weeks. The $42 million (£27 million),
three hour long extravaganza will be called “Isles of Wonder” and is
inspired by Shakespeare’s “The Tempest” and Mary Shelley’s “Frankenstein.”
Paul McCartney has already confirmed his involvement in the production,
and the electronic band Underworld will be writing original music for
the opening ceremony as well. Underworld composed the music for Boyle’s
stage version of “Frankenstein,” which was performed at the Royal
National Theatre in 2011.

Though Rahman isn’t working with Boyle on his next film, he told IFC
that he has faith they’ll collaborate on another movie in the future.

“I think ‘Trance’ is being worked by his composer who did
‘Trainspotting,’ and I felt good that he was going back to the original
composer, but I would give my heart [to work with him],” Rahman said
with a laugh. “I think we’ll be working together in the future.”

“People Like Us” is due in theaters this Friday. Tune in later this week for the rest of our interview with Rahman.

http://www.ifc.com/fix/2012/06/a-r-rahman-danny-boyle-olympics-opening-ceremony

VinodKumar's
30th June 2012, 11:54 PM
Don't know if this is already shared.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=p85E59QjWWY

SoftSword
1st July 2012, 02:38 AM
thats an interesting news to me!

P_R
1st July 2012, 07:56 PM
:shock: I didn't know this.

ajaybaskar
1st July 2012, 08:35 PM
What is this? Can't view videos.. :(

Roshan
2nd July 2012, 04:58 PM
Never knew this.. interesting !

tifosi
3rd July 2012, 12:01 AM
What is this? Can't view videos.. :(

Watch it yourself, there's nice little suspense there.

littlemaster1982
3rd July 2012, 08:33 AM
Nice tidbit :thumbsup: Ivlo naala naan Mellisaiye-la Srinivas voice-ai notice pannadhey illa :oops:

sathya_1979
3rd July 2012, 08:42 AM
2nd stanza

littlemaster1982
3rd July 2012, 08:43 AM
Yeah, ippadhaan ketten :)

venkkiram
3rd July 2012, 09:11 AM
Can someone please upload Roja's audio cassette image ? thanks.

raghavendran
3rd July 2012, 10:53 AM
Srinivas :shock:...and Roja's first casettes didnt have Ar's name..ennaya idhu :huh:

directhit
3rd July 2012, 11:10 AM
hv heard tht KB does this for his own production quite a lot esp with new MDs

raghavendran
4th July 2012, 08:52 AM
and that guy turned out to be some new comer :)

sathya_1979
4th July 2012, 09:04 AM
Maya Krishnan: adchaan pARRA modha baalla sixer

A.ANAND
4th July 2012, 10:14 AM
Amazing portrait of A R Rahman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Yh17abyaEw

A.ANAND
4th July 2012, 10:18 AM
6th annual Vijay Awards A R Rahman Speech

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=mRqOzXQn8tU&NR=1

ajaybaskar
4th July 2012, 10:36 AM
IIRC, Both KH and ARR were the earlier ones to receive the CSG award.

ajaybaskar
4th July 2012, 10:59 AM
For ppl who had missed this earlier, Zimmer and ARR.. :notworthy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYwh_rX5oB8&feature=related

A.ANAND
4th July 2012, 10:59 AM
IIRC, Both KH and ARR were the earlier ones to receive the CSG award.

any video clips???

ajaybaskar
4th July 2012, 11:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KWhRqFKKUE

ajaybaskar
4th July 2012, 11:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04wIjyTV-gg

A.ANAND
4th July 2012, 11:18 AM
thanks bro!

Sunil_M88
7th July 2012, 06:12 PM
The significance K and M in Rahman Ji’s life.

For me, most of my personal favourites composed by Rahman Ji begin with these letters. Be it a coincidence, but Rahman Ji’s musical conservatory also has these initials.

Generally speaking I have a lot of favourite songs beginning with M compared to any other letter.

A brief list of my top most fav Non-Arr Songs beginning with ”M”

1. The Maids of Mitchelstown by The Bothy Band
2. Mera Jahan from TZP
3. Mast Mast by Mahalakshmi Iyer
4. Mama Bada Great by Malkit Singh
5. Mudhal Mudhalai from Laysa Laysa
6. Manasellam Mazhaiye from Saguni

M is for Mother and M is also for Music, hence my upload on Youtube also begins with “M”

Mother Mountain http://youtube.com/watch?v=5U6x78L9uQ4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U6x78L9uQ4)

List of my fav Rahman Ji songs beginning with “K” and “M”

1. Kismat Se Tum from Pukar
2. Kun Faaya Kun from Rockstar
3. Kalayil Thinamum from New
4. Kannodu Kanbathellam from Jeans
5. Kadhalikum Pennin from Kadhalan
6. Kannathil Muthamittal
7. Kannalanae from Bombay
8. khamoshiyan Gungunane Lagi from One 2 Ka 4
9. Karisal Tharasil from Taj Mahal
10. Kappaleri Poyaachu from Indian
11. O Kadhale from Kadhal Virus
12. Kissa Hum Likhenge from Doli Saja Ke Rakhna
13. Kya Dekh Rahe Ho Tum from Taal
14. Kanava Illai Kaatra from Ratchagan
15. Kabhi Neem Kabhi from Yuva
16. Kizhakke Nandavanam from Taj Mahal

1. Mel Isaiye from Mr. Romeo
2. Mehndi Hai Rachnewali from Zubeida
3. Mannipaaya from VTV
4. Munnbe Vaa from SOK
5. Margazhi Thingal from Sangamam
6. Marhaba Mustapha from Al-Risalah
7. Manmohini Morey from Yuvvraaj
8. Maaralante Lokam from Puli
9. Mustafa Mustafa from Kadhal Desam
10. Mera Rang de from TLOBS
11. Mann Chandre from Connections
12. Machhakkar from SOK
13. Mangta Hai Kya from Rangeela
14. Marudaani from Sakkarakatti
15. Meherbaan from Ada
16. Mayiliragae from Anbe Aaruyire
17. Mujhpe Toofan Uthaye from Tehzeeb
18. Mujhe Rang De from Thakshak
19. Maaricham from SOK
20. Mangal Mangal from Mangal Pandey

Happy listning :musicsmile:

Sunil_M88
7th July 2012, 06:46 PM
:oops: 21. Muqabala Muqabala from Kadhalan

Sunil_M88
7th July 2012, 07:01 PM
:oops: 17. Kuchi Kuchi Rakama from Bombay

ajaybaskar
7th July 2012, 09:29 PM
Nice compilation,Sunil. I guess if I list down my favourites, I'll end up like u..

ajaybaskar
7th July 2012, 09:30 PM
Kelaamal is one song which I listen every 5,6 days. Underrated gem

Sunil_M88
7th July 2012, 10:34 PM
I feel like a turd head when I leave out such numbers from these hearty lists. Kelaamal is one song I regret not listening to a much and it definitely deserves to be in the list. Thanks Anna :thumbsup:

Sunil_M88
7th July 2012, 11:37 PM
Mazaar is the latest addition to the list http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?2928-ARR-as-a-singer&p=894559&viewfull=1#post894559

Ramakrishna
7th July 2012, 11:54 PM
At IIFA, ARR announced the best actor award for Ranbir Kapoor in tamil. And there are people here who call him tamil drohi :)

Sunil_M88
8th July 2012, 12:15 AM
That's super news Rama, is there a vid link for this

NDTV reported - After the applause actors Kamal Haasan and Sharathkumar got wherever they went in Singapore and the enthusiasm of watching Shahid Kapoor dance to South Indian songs, everyone decided to try out Tamil in their announcements. First Rahman Ji cheekily revealed the Best Actor's name in Tamil, then co-presenter Rekha took the cue and made another remark in the same language. Then, when Sridevi was called upon to present the Best Film award, she also meekly talked in her mother tongue. The audience was maha-impressed.

For those who think Rahman Ji is a Thamizh Drohi - I don't know any other MD was approached for Senmozhi, Rahman put everything in that song, it's my fav single of his compared to CWG and Toyota :clap: He wanted Senmozhi to be special and the result is more than special. Eagerly awaiting his Punjabi track for London 2012.

The True Indian :salute:

Ramakrishna
8th July 2012, 12:35 AM
That's super news Rama, is there a vid link for this

No Sunil, i saw it on TV.

Sunil_M88
8th July 2012, 12:41 AM
http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/1704/sachinrahman.jpg

Sunil_M88
8th July 2012, 06:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=recEJSiJMQ8#!

Rahman Ji announcing Best Male in Thamizh - 9.35

Sunil_M88
8th July 2012, 06:33 PM
K is khawaja mere khawaja and m is for masakali :musicsmile:

raghavendran
8th July 2012, 08:52 PM
Sunil
great compilation Buddy...my favs too..just will add my childhood fav kalloori salai from kadhal desam :D..

and in "M"...the evergreen Minnale from Maymadham..was abt to post this song in fav songs thrd...interludes..Balu sir :bow:

Ramakrishna
8th July 2012, 09:10 PM
and in "M"...the evergreen Minnale from Maymadham..was abt to post this song in fav songs thrd...interludes..Balu sir :bow:

Thats one stunning song.

raghavendran
8th July 2012, 09:13 PM
certainly is Ram

the song will just choke me to death

Sunil_M88
9th July 2012, 04:10 AM
Classic song raghav, another gem by Balu sir and that too beginning with M is Mettu Podu - Duet

P_R
9th July 2012, 07:52 AM
Possibly posted here already...
Rahman announcing IIFA award in Tamizh http://t.co/hihEwMSl
Oscars, bitsong in couples retreat, now IIFA....

Detractors :lol:

ajaybaskar
9th July 2012, 08:57 AM
Ok.. Unconditional support to Ranbir from here on.. Namma paya..

P_R
9th July 2012, 09:19 AM
Idhu varaikkum enna condition pOtteenga?

ippadiyAppatta manushanai Radharavi maadhiri aaLunga ellAm.... ��

wizzy
9th July 2012, 09:24 AM
sad to see AR play to the gallery..looks ungainly :neutral:

P_R
9th July 2012, 09:56 AM
sad to see AR play to the gallery..looks ungainly :neutral:
:roll:

NOV
9th July 2012, 10:04 AM
:roll:
+1

wizzy
9th July 2012, 10:18 AM
^looks staged..was it necessary :huh: whoever may be the detractors..this act lends credence to their argument.

NOV
9th July 2012, 10:27 AM
he was totally at ease and absolutely natural :thumbsup:
and this is not the first time.. he had done it at the Oscars too
detractors can go kiss his ^%$@!

thamizhaal ivarukku perumai, ivaraal thamizhukku perumai

P_R
9th July 2012, 10:42 AM
Looked natural. Rekha, neetuji ellAm genyoon surprise.
The man goes about it in style.

Mahen
9th July 2012, 10:54 AM
^looks staged..was it necessary :huh: whoever may be the detractors..this act lends credence to their argument.
Staged ah ? :hammer: pls see Rekha's reaction..

//Did anyone hear Sridevi's tamil? she kinda struggled saying the tamil lines?//
//And im surprised Kamal was speaking English throughout..hindi kuda pesalai//

wizzy
9th July 2012, 11:19 AM
we are so gullible :lol2: hope he doesn't stop with these inane tamil speeches but extends his tamil patronage by signing more movies in tamil with lesser known/newbie directors

Mahen
9th July 2012, 11:28 AM
He has more tamil films in hand right now..

ajaybaskar
9th July 2012, 11:45 AM
Playing to the gallery? He was the first man to speak in Tamil,his mother tongue in an international stage. And that was 4 yrs ago..

raghavendran
9th July 2012, 12:43 PM
and IIFA supposed to be an Indian awards function

anga thamizhla pesinadhudhan gethu..

KlamRoyA
9th July 2012, 02:07 PM
http://www.accesskollywood.com/photo-galleries/rahman-obama/rahman-obama-rahman-obama-01.html

AR RAHMAN WITH OBAMA

wow... first time am seeing... cool..

NOV
9th July 2012, 04:32 PM
and even if does not do another single thamizh film for the rest of his life, it wouldn't make him any less a proud thamizhan

MADDY
9th July 2012, 04:51 PM

singapore has huge tamil presence - it was nice of him to talk in tamil there.......it did make sense and grabbed the moment - isnt this what rahman is known for besides his music :-)

SoftSword
9th July 2012, 05:18 PM
varungaala janaadhibadhi Ragumaan vaazhga :clap:

Nerd
9th July 2012, 08:06 PM
At IIFA, ARR announced the best actor award for Ranbir Kapoor in tamil. And there are people here who call him tamil drohi :)
The idol of one of those kind in the hub was also there on the same rewards function promoting 'indhi' stuff. :lol2: HypocrisymbaaingaLE..

PS: Not being judgemental. avaravar paNam / avaravar business etc.

KV
9th July 2012, 09:15 PM
Possibly posted here already...
Rahman announcing IIFA award in Tamizh http://t.co/hihEwMSl
Oscars, bitsong in couples retreat, now IIFA....

Detractors :lol:

who'nga p_r? :roll:

Sunil_M88
10th July 2012, 12:43 AM
and even if does not do another single thamizh film for the rest of his life, it wouldn't make him any less a proud thamizhan

Well said, Nov :clap:

SoftSword
11th July 2012, 02:36 AM
ippodhaan paakkaraen...
rahman, out of nowhere... 'iifavin sirandha nadigarukkaana virundhu.. ranbir kappoor avargalukku' :notworthy:
though it was just an announcement, u made a statement..

A.ANAND
11th July 2012, 02:25 PM
very rare kamal with rahman

http://images.behindwoods.com/photo-galleries-q1-09/tamil-photo-gallery/kamal-with-ar-rahman/kamal-with-ar-rahman-kamal-01.html

ajaybaskar
11th July 2012, 02:34 PM
ippodhaan paakkaraen...
rahman, out of nowhere... 'iifavin sirandha nadigarukkaana virundhu.. ranbir kappoor avargalukku' :notworthy:
though it was just an announcement, u made a statement..

Appuram edhukku andha 'Varungaala janadhipathi' post?

SoftSword
11th July 2012, 02:40 PM
ajay,

appo video paakkala, ARR announced in tamil'nu news vechu sonen...
ippodhaan video paakkaraen... orae pisee...

Mahen
11th July 2012, 07:12 PM
very rare kamal with rahman

http://images.behindwoods.com/photo-galleries-q1-09/tamil-photo-gallery/kamal-with-ar-rahman/kamal-with-ar-rahman-kamal-01.html

:evil: intha still vanthu 1 month achi

Sunil_M88
13th July 2012, 10:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhNRNS3UPnU

Cover version by Shankar Tucker

Sunil_M88
13th July 2012, 10:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Py_82d2wOc

Sunil_M88
13th July 2012, 10:55 PM
How many of us here have been fortunate enough to spend times with Rahman Ji in our dreams?

I remember 3 such times and that too at the most of random places.

1. at the airport
2. playing video games
3. at my college on my lunch break

Will elaborate on each point later. Please share your experiences :D

sathya_1979
14th July 2012, 12:06 AM
Lucky you :D

Sunil_M88
14th July 2012, 09:18 PM
Classic Incantation Audio CD - Pre-order from http://www.rhythmhouse.in/Detail.aspx?productListing=109279 (http://www.rhythmhouse.in/Detail.aspx?productListing=109279Classic)

Sunil_M88
15th July 2012, 11:40 PM
Classic Incantation Audio CD - Pre-order from http://www.rhythmhouse.in/Detail.aspx?productListing=109279 (http://www.rhythmhouse.in/Detail.aspx?productListing=109279Classic)

Hear samples from iTunes http://itunes.apple.com/au/album/classic-incantations-german/id533172999#

Sunil_M88
15th July 2012, 11:45 PM
Lucky you :D
1. at the airport

From whatever vague memories I do have, I certainly remember walking amongst gigantic speakers (Guliver's travels) which made me feel like an ant. I saw Rahman Ji from a distance sitting in the corner on the floor conversing with my dad’s brother and brother in-law. I think I was too shy to approach him and in the end he didn’t even notice me. I woke up thinking what a waste of a dream, but I will always cherish it as it is the first recollection I have of seeing him.

2. playing video games

We were playing Crash Team Racing early in the morning for hours and hours. Considering that we were playing for a long time, I didn’t manage to squeeze in any question WRT music as we were too engaged in the game play.

3. at my college on my lunch break

I was walking with him underneath the bridge in an area called Hendon Central, we went to my regular chicken and chips shop and ordered a hefty meal lol we did not chat about music as such. I think I asked him if he would be interested in listening to some of my work and he did not respond but I do clearly remember him saying, “Believe in yourself!” and then he walked off with his laptop bag.

I have been lucky to recall these 3 times, though with this opportunity of a dream it could’ve been more exciting.

I’m just happy I visited his concert (2010) and I vow that I will attend most of his concerts if not all when he comes to London.

KlamRoyA
17th July 2012, 01:22 AM
http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/news/2012/07/ar-rahman-attended-special-prayer-at-st-thomas-mount-157754.html

பரங்கிமலை தர்காவில் சந்தனக் குடம் எடுத்த ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான்!

சென்னை: பரங்கிமலை தர்காவில் நடந்த உரூஸ் விழாவில் இசையமைப்பாளர் ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான் சிறப்புப் பிரார்த்தனை நடத்தி சந்தன குடம் எடுத்தார்.
சென்னை பரங்கிமலை ராணுவ அலுவலர் பயிற்சி மையத்துக்கு எதிரில் அமைந்துள்ளது ஹஸரத் சையத் ஷா அலி மஸ்தான் ஷமன் ஷா அலி தர்கா. மிகவும் புகழ்பெற்ற இந்த தர்காவில் 128-ம் ஆண்டு சந்தன முபாரக் உரூஸ் திருவிழா நடைபெற்றது. கடந்த 28-ந் தேதி கொடியேற்றத்துடன் தொடங்கிய இந்த விழாவில், நேற்று முன்தினம் மாலை சந்தன குடம் ஊர்வலம் நடைபெற்றது.
ஆலந்தூரின் முக்கிய வீதிகளில் இந்த சந்தன குடம் ஊர்வலமாக சென்று வந்தது. சந்தன குடம் ஊர்வலம் தர்காவிற்கு வந்ததும் பிரபல இசையமைப்பாளர் ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான் தனது தலையில் சந்தன குடத்தை சுமந்து ஊர்வலத்துடன் சென்றார்.

அதைத்தொடர்ந்து சிறப்பு பிரார்த்தனைகள் நடத்தப்பட்டன. இதில் இசையமைப்பாளர் ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான் தனது தாய் மற்றும் சகோதரிகளுடன் கலந்து கொண்டு சிறப்பு பிரார்த்தனை செய்தார்.

A.ANAND
17th July 2012, 03:43 PM
http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/news/2012/07/ar-rahman-attended-special-prayer-at-st-thomas-mount-157754.html

பரங்கிமலை தர்காவில் சந்தனக் குடம் எடுத்த ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான்!

சென்னை: பரங்கிமலை தர்காவில் நடந்த உரூஸ் விழாவில் இசையமைப்பாளர் ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான் சிறப்புப் பிரார்த்தனை நடத்தி சந்தன குடம் எடுத்தார்.
சென்னை பரங்கிமலை ராணுவ அலுவலர் பயிற்சி மையத்துக்கு எதிரில் அமைந்துள்ளது ஹஸரத் சையத் ஷா அலி மஸ்தான் ஷமன் ஷா அலி தர்கா. மிகவும் புகழ்பெற்ற இந்த தர்காவில் 128-ம் ஆண்டு சந்தன முபாரக் உரூஸ் திருவிழா நடைபெற்றது. கடந்த 28-ந் தேதி கொடியேற்றத்துடன் தொடங்கிய இந்த விழாவில், நேற்று முன்தினம் மாலை சந்தன குடம் ஊர்வலம் நடைபெற்றது.
ஆலந்தூரின் முக்கிய வீதிகளில் இந்த சந்தன குடம் ஊர்வலமாக சென்று வந்தது. சந்தன குடம் ஊர்வலம் தர்காவிற்கு வந்ததும் பிரபல இசையமைப்பாளர் ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான் தனது தலையில் சந்தன குடத்தை சுமந்து ஊர்வலத்துடன் சென்றார்.

அதைத்தொடர்ந்து சிறப்பு பிரார்த்தனைகள் நடத்தப்பட்டன. இதில் இசையமைப்பாளர் ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான் தனது தாய் மற்றும் சகோதரிகளுடன் கலந்து கொண்டு சிறப்பு பிரார்த்தனை செய்தார்.

alagu kutti theeru illukatha varaikkum santhosam than!!

ajaybaskar
17th July 2012, 10:55 PM
Hans Zimmer thanks A.R Rahman on his new 'The Dark Knight Rises' soundtrack album.

A.ANAND
18th July 2012, 09:12 AM
Hans Zimmer thanks A.R Rahman on his new 'The Dark Knight Rises' soundtrack album.

music pannathu zans,ethukku arr-kku thanks sollararu???

ajaybaskar
18th July 2012, 11:14 AM
May be there is a bit of contribution by ARR. If my guess is right, ARR may have voiced in the chant used as the film's theme music. Zimmer has thanked 100s of musicians on the label and ARR is one of them.

Arvind Srinivasan
18th July 2012, 11:44 AM
Here's the pic of the soundtrack cover...Another name to note is that of Shalini Singh alias Pop Shalini....

http://static.moviecrow.com/marquee/hans-zimmer-thanks-arrahman-on-dark-knight-rises/3877_thumb_665.jpg

Sunil_M88
18th July 2012, 08:18 PM
This made my day :clap:

SoftSword
18th July 2012, 08:22 PM
sandhaanam: avlo periya comedy illa idhu...

indha maadhiri sappaimatterku ellaam sandhosappadra alavukku vandhuruchae namma nelama.. :(

ajaybaskar
18th July 2012, 08:27 PM
Appuram oru albumum release aagalainna thread'ai epdi thaan oatturadhu? Oruthar Christopher Nolan kanakkaa dreams aaraaichi varaikkum poittaaru. :wink:

SoftSword
18th July 2012, 08:40 PM
adhu yaaru??

A.ANAND
21st July 2012, 11:05 AM
Intha varusham kuda oru album-mum varathau pola??!!

ajaybaskar
21st July 2012, 11:14 AM
SS,

Check Sunil's last two posts.

Anand,

Kochadaiyaan and Kadal audio will release this year.

SoftSword
21st July 2012, 07:31 PM
SS,

Check Sunil's last two posts.

Anand,

Kochadaiyaan and Kadal audio will release this year.

ohh... miss pannittaen andha posta...
i yaam also... rendu moonu murai... enga oottukku vandhaapla.. lol

Sunil_M88
21st July 2012, 09:25 PM
Have I done something wrong? :roll:

A.ANAND
23rd July 2012, 01:27 PM
Rahman works with Raghav

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/regional/tamil/news-interviews/Rahman-works-with-Raghav/articleshow/15103615.cms

A.ANAND
23rd July 2012, 01:35 PM
just read the mail from arryfg, fothcoming book 'conversations with maniratnam by baradwaj rangan -with a forword by ar rahman'will release mid or end of august!!!

SoftSword
23rd July 2012, 06:38 PM
Have I done something wrong? :roll:

chill sunil... thats not a cakewalk.. u need to learn a lot to do anything wrong...

NOV
24th July 2012, 07:31 PM
with obama

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/378327_479907145370686_1778636889_n.jpg

A.ANAND
25th July 2012, 03:13 PM
GIMA 2012 NOMINATIONS

Best Music Arranger & Programmer

Arranger(s) & Programmer(s) Song Film Name
Abhijit Nalani, Abhijit Vaghani Criminal Ra.One
Abhijit Nalani, Giorgio Tuinfort Chammak Challo Ra.One
A.R. Rahman Saadda Haq Rockstar
Hyacinth D'Souza Subha Hone Na De Desi Boyz
Shankar - Ehsaan - Loy Senorita Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara
Shankar - Ehsaan - Loy Zaraa Dil Ko Thaam Lo Don 2

Best Engineer - Film Album

Music Mix Engineer(s) Film Name
Dipesh Sharma, Vijay Dayal Agneepath
Abhijit Vaghani, Eric Pillai, Mark 'Exit' Goodchild, Vijay Dayal, Warren Mendonsa Ra.One
Hentry Kuruvilla, P.A. Deepak, S.Sivakumar, T.R. Krishna Chetan Rockstar
Vijay Benegal Don 2
Vijay Benegal Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara

Best Background Score

Background Score Composer(s) Film Name
A.R. Rahman Rockstar
Clinton Cerejo Kahaani
Ram Sampath Delhi Belly
Shankar - Ehsaan - Loy, Tubby Don 2
Shankar - Ehsaan - Loy, Tubby Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara

Best Music Debut

Debutante Name Area Of Performance Song Name Film Name
Ayushmann Khurrana Singer Pani Da Rang Vicky Donor
Ayushmann Khurrana, Rochak Kohli Music Composer & Lyricist Pani Da Rang Vicky Donor
Harshit Saxena Music Composer Hale Dil Murder 2
Kamal Khan Singer Ishq Sufiyana The Dirty Picture
Sunil Bhatia Music Composer Chu Chu Acoustic Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster

Best Playback Singer - Female

Singer Song Name Film Name
Harshdeep Kaur Katiya Karun Rockstar
Nandini Srikar Bhare Naina Ra.One
Shreya Ghoshal Chikni Chameli Agneepath
Shreya Ghoshal Saibo Shor In The City
Shreya Ghoshal Ooh La La The Dirty Picture
Sunidhi Chauhan Gun Gun Guna Agneepath

Best Playback Singer - Male

Singer Song Name Film Name
Akon Chammak Challo Ra.One
A. R. Rahman, Javed Ali, Mohit Chauhan Kun Faya Kun Rockstar
A. R. Rahman, Mohit Chauhan Nadaan Parinde Rockstar
Mika Singh Subha Hone Na De Desi Boyz
Mohit Chauhan Saadda Haq Rockstar

Best Lyricist

Lyricist(s) Song Name Film Name
Amitabh Bhattacharya Abhi Mujh Mein Kahin Agneepath
Irshad Kamil Nadaan Parinde Rockstar
Javed Akhtar Khaabon Ke Parinday Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara
Javed Akhtar Senorita Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara
Prasoon Joshi Kaun Si Dor Aarakshan

Best Music Director

Music Director(s) Film Name
Ajay - Atul Agneepath
A.R. Rahman Rockstar
Ram Sampath Delhi Belly
Shankar - Ehsaan - Loy Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara
Vishal - Shekhar Ra.One

Best Film Song

Song Name Film Name
Chammak Challo Ra.One
Ishq Sufiyana The Dirty Picture
Nadaan Parinde Rockstar
Senorita Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara
Subha Hone Na De Desi Boyz
Teri Meri Bodyguard

Best Film Album

Film Name
Delhi Belly
Ra.One
Rockstar
The Dirty Picture
Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara

http://www.gima.co.in/2012_film_nominees.php

A.ANAND
25th July 2012, 03:13 PM
London Olympics Opening Ceremony : AR Rahman to rock with Punjabi beats

http://truthdive.com/2012/07/25/london-olympics-opening-ceremony-ar-rahman-to-rock-with-punjabi-beats.html

A.ANAND
25th July 2012, 03:14 PM

cokepepsi
25th July 2012, 06:08 PM

Unbeatable. thanks.

jaaze
29th July 2012, 09:39 PM
Nimma Nimma - London 2012 Olympics by A.R. Rahman
Listen and download here: http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_14016011?utm_campaign=opengraph&utm_content=song&utm_medium=link&utm_source=facebook