View Full Version : Oscar Thamizhan 'Isaipuyal' AR Rahman News/Updates

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

ajaybaskar
25th October 2010, 05:23 PM
Thanks, Lancy :D

MADDY
25th October 2010, 05:30 PM
http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/features/2010/10/25/6779/index.html

Adappaavigala.. One 'not-so-popular' track and the media is writing him off, huh?

adhu taran adarsh* site-nga....examples of revival paarunga - salman khan in tapanggu :lol:

*man who called Rangeela music as lacklustre :lol:

A.ANAND
26th October 2010, 06:42 AM
Aamir Khan to play Baiju Bawra?

Islamabad, Oct 25 (IANS) Almost sixty years after Bharat Bhushan played Baiju Bawra, Aamir Khan could soon reprise the role of the legendary gypsy singer in a new Bollywood film, a media report said Monday.

'Bollywood's 'Mr Perfect' Aamir Khan has been picked for a special role, which nobody except him will be able to essay. Film-maker Krishna Shah wants Aamir to play the role of the wandering singer,' the Urdu daily Jang reported.

According to the report, the project was lying dormant for a long time as Shah was involved in his film 'Mother: The Indira Gandhi Story' but now Shah is determined to take it forward.

Krishna has already approached Aamir for the role, while A.R. Rahman has been roped in for the music.

http://sify.com/news/aamir-khan-to-play-baiju-bawra-news-international-kkzskpefgaj.html

Sunil_M88
26th October 2010, 11:06 PM

I personally feel that the north Indian media think that Rahman Ji is their property and therefore with all this controversy and hype want him to feel sorry, so that he does more home projects.

We as fans know, that he does not need to prove anything to the Indian mass and respect that fact that he needs to move on in life. Why is the media being backwards?

Joginder Tuteja is not speaking on behalf of anyone and we know that Rahman is not on a low and is still churning out spectacular material.

...Indian media will never come out of their box.

littlemaster1982
26th October 2010, 11:09 PM

Adappaavigala.. One 'not-so-popular' track and the media is writing him off, huh?

adhu taran adarsh* site-nga....examples of revival paarunga - salman khan in tapanggu :lol:

*man who called Rangeela music as lacklustre :lol:

Written by Joginder Tuteja, who gave 4 stars for a film he worked in :rotfl3:

Ramakrishna
27th October 2010, 10:49 AM
http://www.chinmayebhave.in/music

MADDY
27th October 2010, 03:47 PM
[tscii:0311ba19a5]

On being asked his reaction on ‘Mozart of Madras’ tag …. he says … I dont do such complex stuff … but by god’s grace i have a musical individuality …. that has come from my dad’s blood

perfect :thumbsup: ..........[/tscii:0311ba19a5]

A.ANAND
27th October 2010, 03:57 PM
Underground Authority - AR Rahman's Urvasi (Rock Version)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PJNobShRbk&feature=related

:notworthy:

A.ANAND
27th October 2010, 03:58 PM
Composer of the month at Montages.no (Norway)

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=no&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=no&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fmontages.no%2F2010%2F10%2Fmanedens-komponist-a-r-rahman%2F

A.ANAND
27th October 2010, 04:15 PM
[tscii:18892529c4]Chronicles of a Rahmaniac !! Part 1

May 4th 2005…. Chennai mail was zipping through the Deccan plateau amidst sweltering heat…In an unreserved compartment that was almost overflowing; passengers were waiting for the ordeal of the journey to end … There was nothing special …nothing to romanticize about this jaunt!! It was completely an unplanned trip for me and predictably I was languishing on the floor and had been trampled over by passengers, police, ticket examiners, hawkers several times during the 36 hour trip.

But yours truly was then a rookie journalist … an intern with Star News and was looking forward to something really special … An exclusive interview with the Mozart of Madras … A R Rahman … at his Karmabhoomi Panchathan Record Inn in Kodambakkam … It was a twenty five minute appointment with the maestro … Time magazine had picked the Roja soundtrack as one of the top 100 all time great soundtracks.. I finished the interview in exact 22 minutes and was about to leave the studio…. My videographer requested us to talk for a few cutaway shots … I was very very happy inside and was struggling to maintain professional calm in my body language … and a big compliment came from the legend …. He rated the interview as of one the best till date and said a few kind words about my musical ear…. I was about to wind up…. I mentioned that I am an avid fan of the western classical genre … I was promptly asked to name my top three favourite composers … I said Vivaldi, Tchaikovsky and Bartok…. With eyes lit up and a raised eyebrow (out of suspicion that I had mugged up these names to impress him) ARR asked me which Bartok composition was my favourite … “The Wooden Prince, Music for strings, percussion & celesta (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB_PTA4dGws&feature=related) and Divertimento for Strings”, I replied. That answer reversed the roles…. the Maestro rewarded me with 90 minutes of his precious time and asked me several questions about my musical tastes and what enjoyed the most in all genres including his compositions… those two hours will remain etched in my memories forever!

It was not just a big hero worship moment for me … I learnt a lot about music, composition and most importantly how this man takes every opportunity to gauge how his work is being received … and treats even a music enthusiast with such respect and sincerity … But my madness for his music began a decade earlier

1994: Roja  Musically those times were so different … Bollywood music had begun to sound stale … There were sparks of acoustic brilliance in Qayamat se Qayamat Tak or Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar … Even Salman Khan’s debut film Maine Pyar Kiya had some interesting numbers … Pehla Nasha Pehla Khumar had left us spellbound … I used to listen to that song again and again … there was no digital player with loop play mode … Listening to a song again and again meant going through rewind-forward process … I was convinced it is difficult to make a better romantic song than Pehla Nasha … You had to be a tough not to be able to tolerate heart wrenching melodies by the likes of Nadeem Shravan with extremely loud and out of tune Dholak tapping on rhythm … Legends like Laxmikant Pyarelal were producing some annoying music that perhaps even they would not like to own up … Remember Roop Ki Rani Choron ka Raja …. or Lamboo ji lambooji !!!
There were a few soothing voices like Udit Narayan ( I love Udit ji for his unique vocal projection … he sounds as if he is smiling and singing … no nasal tone and booming voice … emotional renditions ) & Sadhana Sargam … and some dominating but super monotonous voices like Kumar Sanu …

And how could you ignore those chorus pieces …. 4-5 women trying to evoke romantic emotions in shrill soprano voices doing too roooo rooo and la la la …..

And then ARR arrived like a messiah to rescue us with Roja … Dil hai chhotasa resonated … Rukkamani Rukkamani had thumping percussions ( Sivamani was not such a popular name till then) the Aalap in Roja janeman showed how a small vocal piece can give a song a strong identity … Ye Haseen Wadiyan had the visual appeal and exuberance to take you into open skies .. and Bharat Humko jaan se pyaara hai made your blood boil …

A year later Bombay released … and Naveen Kumar’s enchanting flute with beautifully arranged strings created a magic … Bombay theme was perhaps the first stand alone instrumental track of a movie that became so popular (barring short theme melodies like flute piece in hero etc.)

My dad had introduced me to western classical music and symphonic sound…. and I felt proud that an Indian composer could get that feel in a movie song … Bombay was a complete package … Kehna hi kya was classical based …. with Qawwali style table and harmonium pieces with a touch of Raga Chandrakauns …. Tu Hi Re was a gripping melody … Hamma Hamma introduced us to singer Rahman … Kuchi Kuchi Rakamma had playful energy … and Halla Gulla took me straight to Mumbai’s street music … Post Bombay I started looking forward to ARR’s next release … Which meant I would also pick up Tamil cassettes and check out ARR tracks released down south

A year later in 1995-96 Rahman had scored his golden goal … the final winner …. Rangeela was out … and we were completely bowled over … Film music never sounded like this …. It was fresh … It was revolutionary …. Asha Bhosale’s renditions were youthful and witty … We had never heard rhythm patterns like Rangeela before …. Every track stood out …. Whether it was Yaaron sun lo zara or Rangeela re …. Asha ji simply rocked …. Kya Kare kya naa karein just touched every young boy’s heart … Mangta hai kya bolo was like a culture shock … It was quite different …. iconoclastic … but we just loved it …. Hai rama was seduction portrayed through a classical melody … Spirit of Rangeela sounded so international …. My parents had become helpless since they could never stop me from playing the cassette 24×7 … and all songs were mega hits …. So there was no need to rewind or forward ….

I had become an avid ARR fan …. and within no time two more tamil songs that I heard converted this admiration into passion and hero worship …. Netra Illadha Matram ( Kal nahi tha ye kya hai) and Ennavale adi ennavale (Sun ri Sakhi) convinced me that this man was not just a good composer …. I genuinely felt that this man is going to be a trendsetter … The way Netra illadha started with a grand sitar stroke just shocked me with a pleasant surprise …. and the carnatic violin, flute interludes in Ennavale inspired me to pick up a bansuri and play it …. All ARR cds had a comprehensive list of musician credits … and it was so nice to know the names behind those wonderful sounds …. I had become a Rahmaniac …. I told myself I am going to buy every piece of music this man composes and sells … regardless of the language and medium …

This is how I became ARR devotee at 14 …. and in last 15 years he has been around like a family member …. every song of his is linked to some strong memory …. some vividly visual and some anecdotal … His compositions have always encapsulated a complex spectrum of human emotions and touch our hearts with exquisite ease … Those who called him an overnight wonder have vanished …. Today he is a global figure…. He is the face of India’s commercial music…. And there are multiple facets to his virtuosity …. I am going to try and express my views as an ardent fan and a keen music listener in this 15 part series …. starting today … Those parts are –

1. ARR the sound wizard
2. Music & Technology
3. His singers & musicians
4. Arrangements and Orchestration
5. A director’s delight
6. ARR melodies & Rhythms
7. Professionalism
8. Background scores
9. Humane side of Rahman
10. Influence of Sufism
11. Cultural ambassador
12. Trend Setter
13. International acclaim
14. Versatile Composer
15. VisionaryWould come back soon to talk about ARR’s sound wizardry!!! Till then have a musically pure time!!

Suggested Listening 
1. Anjali Anjali – Duet
2. The Bombay Theme – Bombay
3. Ennavale Adi Ennavale – Kadhalan
4. Tanha Tanha – Rangeela

http://chinmayebhave.in/music/[/tscii:18892529c4]

A.ANAND
27th October 2010, 04:25 PM
[tscii:9221c43422]Shankar¡¯s Boys goes to Bollywood

http://tellycafe.com/regional-cinema/shankar%E2%80%99s-boys-goes-to-bollywood/[/tscii:9221c43422]

lancelot
27th October 2010, 05:08 PM
[tscii:227358d104]

a comment of mine in the above website

As of what I know (I might be wrong here), A R Rahman only started getting the musicians to play freely around post 2002. He used to write all the music and let the musicians play them, but was open to suggestions and changes. But, he did write all of his own music. However, since about 2002, since he has become so busy, he gives the musicians a base and lets them play or sing on it, and records it. Then he uses it in his songs.

According to my knowledge, the musicians might be playing music for a specific song in a specific movie and it might end up never being in that song. It could also end up being in a totally different song in a totally different movie.

This is one reason that musicians like working with him, they get a lot of freedom. However, there is criticism that A R Rahman is not composing much anymore but is more of a Music Engineer.

Whatever you call it. He is a genius. My knowledge in music is minimal or close to nil, so I don’t really know who exactly things work in his recording studio. All I can say is, I love him, respect him and adore his music.[/tscii:227358d104]

A.ANAND
27th October 2010, 05:14 PM
[tscii:1a3a7123d8]

a comment of mine in the above website

As of what I know (I might be wrong here), A R Rahman only started getting the musicians to play freely around post 2002. He used to write all the music and let the musicians play them, but was open to suggestions and changes. But, he did write all of his own music. However, since about 2002, since he has become so busy, he gives the musicians a base and lets them play or sing on it, and records it. Then he uses it in his songs.

According to my knowledge, the musicians might be playing music for a specific song in a specific movie and it might end up never being in that song. It could also end up being in a totally different song in a totally different movie.

This is one reason that musicians like working with him, they get a lot of freedom. However, there is criticism that A R Rahman is not composing much anymore but is more of a Music Engineer.

Whatever you call it. He is a genius. My knowledge in music is minimal or close to nil, so I don’t really know who exactly things work in his recording studio. All I can say is, I love him, respect him and adore his music.[/tscii:1a3a7123d8]

ithathan ethirkachi aalungga solli kittu irukangga pala kaalama! :lol:

A.ANAND
27th October 2010, 05:27 PM
Asian awards Images

http://www.apimages.com/Search.aspx?st=det&sort=date&ids=Britain%20Asian%20Awards&showact=events&prds=10002&intv=3d&sh=10&kwstyle=or&adte=1288128006&pagez=60&cfasstyle=AND

lancelot
27th October 2010, 05:31 PM
ithathan ethirkachi aalungga solli kittu irukangga pala kaalama! :lol:

ya, i know. poor poor people. May god give them enlightenment!

raajarasigan
28th October 2010, 01:07 PM
[tscii:926280b158]Rahman’s picks his best
IndiaGlitz [Thursday, October 28, 2010]

Music maestro A R Rahman has listed out five songs, all composed by him, which he considers his best. “Though I like all my songs, these numbers are close to my heart”, he said.

“Narumugaiye… from Iruvar, Ennavale… from Kadhalan, Margazhi Thingal Allava from Sangamam, Kadhal… from Udhaya and Veerapandi Kottaiyile… from Thiruda Thiruda are those five songs”, he said in an interview to a Tamil magazine.

Throwing light on his spiritual side, the Oscar-Grammy winner said, “One can lead his spiritual life in a simple way or in a complex way. I am following what elders have preached. I can now see no difference between joy and sorrow”.

Saying that his aim is to create more musicians, the Mozart of Madras added: “I need huge amount of money to start music schools and to run them. Hollywood projects can help me earn. But I can’t accept all the offers that come my way just for the sake of money”.[/tscii:926280b158]

A.ANAND
28th October 2010, 01:16 PM
interview entha tamil magazine-la varuthu?kumudam or vikatan?? :think:

A.ANAND
28th October 2010, 01:24 PM
ok.kumudam deepavali special!

ajaybaskar
28th October 2010, 01:25 PM
Enna bro, neengalae kelvi kekkureenga? neengalae badhilum solreenga?

A.ANAND
28th October 2010, 01:30 PM
Enna bro, neengalae kelvi kekkureenga? neengalae badhilum solreenga?

ungga kitta irunthuthan bathil nichayam varum innu ethirpaaten!en avasaram porukkala :lol: search pannen,kumudam-la vanthirukku.. today ninght in KL! :D

A.ANAND
28th October 2010, 01:48 PM
Ajay,neenga intha interview padichacha?

satissh_r
28th October 2010, 02:19 PM
Seri thalaivar thamizhla padam panratha pathi edhavathu sollirukkara?

ajaybaskar
28th October 2010, 02:45 PM
Innum illa, Anand Sir.. Will do tonight and post the contents tomorrow.

baba88
29th October 2010, 12:39 AM
[tscii:2889b905c3]Q: Are there other filmmakers you’re collaborating with aside from Danny?

A.R. Rahman: Right now I’m taking a break. I’m just finishing up here. It’s been a stressful year with this tour and all the scores and stuff. [/tscii:2889b905c3]

A.ANAND
29th October 2010, 05:59 AM

athellam onnum illa!the worst interview by kumudam!

some part from the interview

- he says 'ennaku ambani mathiri per pugal irukku,but panam than illa' :roll:

- he will compose theme music for 'nobel price'this year

-narumgaye,ennavale,margazhi thinggal allavala,udaya,veerapaadi kottayile his fav.5 song

- km school

A.ANAND
29th October 2010, 02:25 PM
[tscii:1edb53ef30]AR Rahman: 'Dileep Is Dead'

Success is something that should be enjoyed in the heart and not in the head- these are the words of the wise men. However, it appears that the Chennai Mozart A R Rahman has begun to come out of that humility of his and has begun to humiliate those around with his arrogance and headstrong statements.

It is known news that the real name of Rahman was Dileep. So, those who know him from the time of his keyboard player days are used to calling him as ‘Dileep’. Recently, a senior aged man who has seen Rahman as a kid chanced upon Rahman and said “hi Dileep how are you?”.

Rahman’s answer shook him. Those who were present there revealed that Rahman said in an assertive tone “Dileep is dead, call me Rahman”. It seems the elderly gentleman was rattled by hearing those words and didn’t know how to react. Is it the same attitude that is also showing in Rahman’s music? perhaps it is time to reflect upon that…

http://www.greatandhra.com/viewnews.php?id=24532&cat=1&scat=4[/tscii:1edb53ef30]

ajaybaskar
29th October 2010, 02:29 PM
:evil:

It is a known fact that ARR wants to forget his 'not-so-sweet' childhood. All the fans know him as ARR and not as Dileep. It is his belief that the 'change' played a major role in his success. But still if you are going to irritate him, calling his original name, then his reply was the most polite way i guess..

satissh_r
29th October 2010, 02:46 PM

athellam onnum illa!the worst interview by kumudam!

some part from the interview

- he says 'ennaku ambani mathiri per pugal irukku,but panam than illa' :roll:

- he will compose theme music for 'nobel price'this year

-narumgaye,ennavale,margazhi thinggal allavala,udaya,veerapaadi kottayile his fav.5 song

- km school

:ty:

Roshan
29th October 2010, 06:41 PM
:evil:

It is a known fact that ARR wants to forget his 'not-so-sweet' childhood. All the fans know him as ARR and not as Dileep. It is his belief that the 'change' played a major role in his success. But still if you are going to irritate him, calling his original name, then his reply was the most polite way i guess..

True!

A.ANAND
30th October 2010, 11:40 AM
54th BFI London Film Festival Vodcast Day 16

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAUF367-lBM

A.ANAND
30th October 2010, 11:45 AM
Endhiran songs rocking south india

5 songs from endhiran in top 10

http://www.radiomirchi.com/default.php

-arryg

m_karthik
1st November 2010, 05:52 AM
Endhiran songs rocking south india

5 songs from endhiran in top 10

http://www.radiomirchi.com/default.php

-arryg

Ella padathayum Think Music thaan release panraangala? :roll:

Mahen
1st November 2010, 10:54 AM
Anand bro, greatandhra oru semi porn website..dont post any news from there :x

Mahen
1st November 2010, 10:54 AM
Anand bro, greatandhra oru semi porn website..dont post any news from there :x

A.ANAND
1st November 2010, 01:02 PM
Music maestro Rahman gets award for his unity message

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/site/Story/118499/India/music-maestro-rahman-gets-award-for-his-unity-message.html

Razzling Rahman epic for city

http://www.tonight.co.za/index.php?fArticleId=5710257&fSectionId=377&fSetId=251

Indira Gandhi Award for A R Rahman

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/6847389.cms

Indira Gandhi Award to AR Rahman

http://mizoramexpress.com/index.php/2010/11/indira-gandhi-award-to-ar-rahman-ram-krishna-mission/

http://netindian.in/news/2010/10/31/0008519/r-rahman-ramkrishna-misson-ashram-get-indira-gandhi-award

A.ANAND
1st November 2010, 01:04 PM
[tscii:cb5420953e]AR Rahman my favourite Indian artist: Taylor Swift

She is versatile and her music greatly influenced by international country sensation Shania Twain. ¡°I really like her. We match very closely,¡± says pop princess Taylor Swift, adding that she draws inspiration from ¡®those who express their emotions in a raw manner¡¯ which also includes musician AR Rahman. It was in Slumdog Millionaire that Taylor first heard Rahman¡¯s music. ¡°Rahman¡¯s my favourite Indian artist. He¡¯s done a great job in Slumdog,¡± she adds.

Since emotions inspire her, you can see that influence in her latest single Mine.¡°It¡¯s about finding thatone person who makes you realise that it¡¯s not a lost cause to fall in love.¡±

When asked to describe her dream man, the singer who¡¯s said to be dating actor Jake Gyllenhal says, ¡°I want my ideal guy to find humour in different things,¡± says Taylor adding that ¡®great hair¡¯ would also do.

Taylor believes that writing her own songs works to her advantage. ¡°Since I write on experiences, it helps me connect with my listeners,¡± she adds. ¡°I¡¯m touched when people relate their stories with my songs.¡± Clearly, Taylor is comfortable letting people know about her life. ¡°I¡¯ve always asked for a life where I have nothing to hide from people and everything is in front of them.¡±

http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/report_ar-rahman-s-my-favourite-indian-artist-taylor-swift_1460546[/tscii:cb5420953e]

raghavendran
1st November 2010, 01:12 PM
:clap: :clap:

A.ANAND
1st November 2010, 01:51 PM
Rahman receives Indira Gandhi Award

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Shj3pHuqpNY

raghavendran
1st November 2010, 03:30 PM
marubadiyum oru :clap:

ajaybaskar
1st November 2010, 06:40 PM
The last Ju.Vi reported that ARR has already started composing for Kathir's 'Maanavar Dhinam'. He was melted by Kathir's tears it seems.

Mahen
1st November 2010, 07:26 PM
The last Ju.Vi reported that ARR has already started composing for Kathir's 'Maanavar Dhinam'. He was melted by Kathir's tears it seems.

to get ARR to do music for the film? :roll: Kathir oda films ellame mokkai but nalla music sense avar kittai iruku :)

sathya_1979
1st November 2010, 11:37 PM

to get ARR to do music for the film? :roll: Kathir oda films ellame mokkai but nalla music sense avar kittai iruku :)
kadhir padam release seiyaama album matum release senjaa puNNiyamaa pOgum :lol:

sathya_1979
1st November 2010, 11:38 PM

kadhir padam release seiyaama album matum release senjaa puNNiyamaa pOgum :lol:

A.ANAND
2nd November 2010, 08:09 AM

latest update-ta ithu??? :roll:

ajaybaskar
2nd November 2010, 06:57 PM
ரஹ்மான் செய்தது தவறு
தங்கர் பச்சான் பாய்ச்சல்!

தேர்தல் நெருங்க நெருங்க இன்னும் யாரெல்லாம் எதற்கெல்லாம் ஆத்திரப்படுவார்களோ தெரியாது. ஒரு மாபெரும் இளைஞர் பட்டாளத்தை திரட்டப் போகிறேன் என்று களத்தில் இறங்கியிருக்கிறார் தங்கர்பச்சான். நல்ல விஷயம். செய்யட்டும். ஆனால் அவர் கூறியிருக்கும் சில கருத்துக்கள் ரஹ்மான் ரசிகர்கள் மனசில் கொள்ளிக் கட்டையை வைத்து தேய்க்காத குறை.

மக்கள் பிரச்சனைக்கும் தனக்கும் எந்த சம்பந்தமும் இல்லை என்று நினைக்கிறார்கள் திரையுலகத்தினர். விருது வாங்குவதுதான் பெரிய அங்கீகாரமா? அந்த விருதை வைத்துக் கொண்டு நாக்கு வழிக்க போகிறீர்களா? ஆஸ்கர் விருது கொடுக்கும் போது, ஈழத்தமிழர் வதை படும்போது இதை நான் வாங்க மாட்டேன் என்று சொல்லியிருந்தால் தமிழனின் பிரச்சனை உலக மக்களின் கவனத்தை ஈர்த்திருக்கும் என்கிறார் தங்கர் பச்சான்.

ஈழத்தமிழர் வேதனையை உலகத்தின் கவனத்திற்கு எடுத்துச் செல்ல வேண்டும்தான். ரஹ்மான் பெற்ற ஆஸ்கர் விருதை புலம் பெயர்ந்த தமிழர்களே பெருமையோடு நினைக்கும் போது இடையில் தங்கர் ஏன் குழப்பியடிக்கிறாரோ, அவருக்கே வெளிச்சம்!

http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/Hotnews/2010/november/021110b.asp

Ramakrishna
2nd November 2010, 07:12 PM
Hehe

ajaybaskar
2nd November 2010, 07:23 PM
Who said ARR helps only his friends to survive?

MADDY
2nd November 2010, 07:38 PM
why do they accept national awards then?? national awards that is sponsored by indian govt which sponsored killings in eelam, isnt it?? :huh: .....for that matter, even filmfare which hosts functions in SL and tamilnadu state govt awards/kalaimaamani awards which also was part of SL genocide

infact they are making a joke of such a serious historical mishap

raghavendran
2nd November 2010, 07:56 PM
[size=18][b]குறை.

மக்கள் பிரச்சனைக்கும் தனக்கும் எந்த சம்பந்தமும் இல்லை என்று நினைக்கிறார்கள் திரையுலகத்தினர். விருது வாங்குவதுதான் பெரிய அங்கீகாரமா? அந்த விருதை வைத்துக் கொண்டு நாக்கு வழிக்க போகிறீர்களா? ஆஸ்கர் விருது கொடுக்கும் போது, ஈழத்தமிழர் வதை படும்போது இதை நான் வாங்க மாட்டேன் என்று சொல்லியிருந்தால் தமிழனின் பிரச்சனை உலக மக்களின் கவனத்தை ஈர்த்திருக்கும் என்கிறார் தங்கர் பச்சான்.

http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/Hotnews/2010/november/021110b.aspwas that not a proudmoment for india and tamilians?wen the govt was zipped why shud arr take this issue?.avar movie pannaru-best music vanginaaru..idhula enna iruku?.thangar enna pannaram appo?.. :x

raghavendran
2nd November 2010, 07:57 PM
news that maniratnam is goin to doa film wid surya and vikram based on ponniyin selvan..arr irupaara?

littlemaster1982
2nd November 2010, 07:57 PM
Ajay,

Why give importance to this kinda rants :?

ajaybaskar
2nd November 2010, 07:59 PM
Let ppl know that there are 'obnoxious weeds' around us.. :lol:

baba88
3rd November 2010, 02:58 AM
news that maniratnam is goin to doa film wid surya and vikram based on ponniyin selvan..arr irupaara?

it seems like yuvan shankar raja will be the md for this movie. but nothing is comfirmed yet.

Mahen
3rd November 2010, 06:42 AM

it seems like yuvan shankar raja will be the md for this movie. but nothing is comfirmed yet.

Sources pls :) even the movie itself is just a rumor eppadi md ellam :roll: Yuvan is doing a movie produced by Mani..athu confirmed...Are you referring to that?

A.ANAND
3rd November 2010, 09:04 AM
Ringa Ringa in Turkish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAp-nlFxSTo

A.ANAND
3rd November 2010, 09:07 AM
Kahin To Hogi Wo- Natalie Di Luccio (Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVWej7iuVNA

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

MADDY
3rd November 2010, 10:10 AM

Sources pls :) even the movie itself is just a rumor eppadi md ellam :roll: Yuvan is doing a movie produced by Mani..athu confirmed...Are you referring to that?

source - tv9, a telugu news channel + vattara seidhigal.......99% its not arr

A.ANAND
3rd November 2010, 10:27 AM

source - tv9, a telugu news channel + vattara seidhigal.......99% its not arr

ithu mani sir direct pannara movie-ya, illa just producer-ra??

MADDY
3rd November 2010, 11:48 AM
nothing is clear Anand - it does look like mani's direction or atleast mani's writing

Sunil_M88
3rd November 2010, 03:59 PM
[tscii:138d7ecbc0]Anything for a friend - AR Rahman

Music Maestro AR Rahman is one who believes in the holy relationship called friendship. He has many times gone out of the way and helped his friends who are in need of him with his music.

One of the best friends of AR Rahman is director Kathir who made films like 'Kadhal Desam', 'Uzhavan', 'Kadhalar Dhinam’ and ‘Kadhal Virus’. The USP of all these films was Rahman's music. But unfortunately the films did not ring at the box office even though the songs became super duper hits.

Director Kathir who is still looking for that big break in Kollywood again approached his good friend ARR for his new project called 'Maanavar Dhinam'. The great man he is, AR Rahman agreed in spite of knowing the fate of Kathir's earlier films.

When all the woods of the world are waiting for AR Rahman, the maestro has started working on the music of 'Maanavar Dhinam’. Hope is life, you see.

After all it is AR Rahman who said “moozhgatha shipe friendshipthaan” (the ship that can never be sunk is the friendship) that too interestingly in a Kathir film ‘Kadhal Desam’.

Article posted on indiaglitz.[/tscii:138d7ecbc0]

A.ANAND
3rd November 2010, 07:38 PM
nothing is clear Anand - it does look like mani's direction or atleast mani's writing

mani sir mattum naan 'no' solla mudiyathu innu recent interview-la thalaivar sonnaru!mani thalaivarukku 'no' sollama iruntha sari! :lol:

raghavendran
3rd November 2010, 07:38 PM
[tscii:e9e7187fb9]Anything for a friend - AR Rahman

Music Maestro AR Rahman is one who believes in the holy relationship called friendship. He has many times gone out of the way and helped his friends who are in need of him with his music.

One of the best friends of AR Rahman is director Kathir who made films like 'Kadhal Desam', 'Uzhavan', 'Kadhalar Dhinam’ and ‘Kadhal Virus’. The USP of all these films was Rahman's music. But unfortunately the films did not ring at the box office even though the songs became super duper hits.

Director Kathir who is still looking for that big break in Kollywood again approached his good friend ARR for his new project called 'Maanavar Dhinam'. The great man he is, AR Rahman agreed in spite of knowing the fate of Kathir's earlier films.

When all the woods of the world are waiting for AR Rahman, the maestro has started working on the music of 'Maanavar Dhinam’. Hope is life, you see.

After all it is AR Rahman who said “moozhgatha shipe friendshipthaan” (the ship that can never be sunk is the friendship) that too interestingly in a Kathir film ‘Kadhal Desam’.

Article posted on indiaglitz.[/tscii:e9e7187fb9]i have always felt kathir-arr combo.is 1 of the best combos of arr and 1 of my very favs too.so this is gud news for me... :D

A.ANAND
3rd November 2010, 07:52 PM
songs solla thevai illa,[sure super duper hit]but movie-than mokkaya irukkum! :( enna panni vekka poraro intha 'one site love' moviemaker!

raghavendran
3rd November 2010, 08:22 PM
songs solla thevai illa,[sure super duper hit]but movie-than mokkaya irukkum! :( enna panni vekka poraro intha 'one site love' moviemaker!oru maavu payalaherova pottu oru Bollywood heroine poduvar...meesic dhan as usual kapathanum

Ramakrishna
3rd November 2010, 08:24 PM
songs solla thevai illa,[sure super duper hit]but movie-than mokkaya irukkum! :( enna panni vekka poraro intha 'one site love' moviemaker!oru maavu payalaherova pottu oru Bollywood heroine poduvar...meesic dhan as usual kapathanum

There is one positive.. ARR will score music for a love story... I need another Sok, VTV

Sunil_M88
3rd November 2010, 11:04 PM
Sorry to bring Sohail Sen to the hub, but couldn't help noticing how he and his brother have revised Rahman Ji's patriotic material and delivered it in an acceptable manner for Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey.

I recommend the soundtrack for people who are craving the sort of music Rahman ji was churning out for Indian, Indira, Lagaan, TLOBS, and Bose.

baba88
4th November 2010, 12:24 AM
this project has been announced nearly 3 years ago.

http://mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=11238&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=&sid=9b5c055eb4b344e95173e82ace330084

raghavendran
4th November 2010, 06:32 PM

There is one positive.. ARR will score music for a love story... I need another Sok, VTVkathir-arr had better albums IMO...it would rock surely

rayan36
5th November 2010, 07:44 PM

There is one positive.. ARR will score music for a love story... I need another Sok, VTVkathir-arr had better albums IMO...it would rock surely

I really agree, need another album!!!!!

baba88
6th November 2010, 06:49 PM
btw, what happened to "Chennayil oru Malaikaalam" ???

ajaybaskar
8th November 2010, 03:15 PM
Read in a recent tamil weekly that ARR is gonna take a break for 6 months and will spend time with his family. Is that true?

littlemaster1982
8th November 2010, 03:22 PM
I will be happy if that's true.

ajaybaskar
8th November 2010, 03:23 PM
:-)

Yathu
8th November 2010, 11:36 PM
Yup, I definitely feel he needs a break. It'll refresh his mind and music. But, I have a feeling ARR wouldn't ever take a 6 month break from music.

Talking about breaks, when was the last time ARR took a break? :think: It feels like he's been working continously forever!

A.ANAND
9th November 2010, 07:55 AM
Read in a recent tamil weekly that ARR is gonna take a break for 6 months and will spend time with his family. Is that true?

break nalla eduthukittum!but next year tamil-la oru padamumu varatho??? :(

baba88
9th November 2010, 03:56 PM
Hara will be released next year so we have one album in tamil for sure. In hindi there will be Rockstar and VTV remake.

Yathu
9th November 2010, 05:20 PM
ARR posted this on his FB page (www.facebook.com/arrahman):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAp-nlFxSTo

The Turkish version of Ringa Ringa. :D

ajaybaskar
9th November 2010, 05:22 PM
Sunil,

Good to see a tamizh siggy from a northie.. 'Vasudeva Kutumbakam'. :D

Sunil_M88
9th November 2010, 07:20 PM
Sunil,

Good to see a tamizh siggy from a northie.. 'Vasudeva Kutumbakam'. :D :2thumbsup: one world, one love

MADDY
9th November 2010, 08:51 PM
Sunil,

Good to see a tamizh siggy from a northie.. 'Vasudeva Kutumbakam'. :D :2thumbsup: one world, one love

that is AR's mission as well :)

A.ANAND
10th November 2010, 07:48 AM
Rahman At A Musical Do!

It was the presence of musical genius AR Rahman that lent its charm to this musical do.

There were a number of dignitaries present at Hotel Courtyard By Marriott when Rahman came along to support singer Shreenivasan. The singer was, naturally, elated at the thought of Rahman being there for him.

Sanne Emborg, GM of the hotel was also present. While the shutterbugs clicked away, the guests got busy taking their autographs. After all, it's not everyday that Rahman graces a social occasion!

http://rahman360.com/?p=2805

A.ANAND
10th November 2010, 07:55 AM
Video: A R Rahman unveils Srinivas's music album Timeless Classics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5IFDABe_ME

A.ANAND
10th November 2010, 07:58 AM
Interesting quote that exactly describes ARR

I was reading the comments section to Hans Zimmer's Inception at Amazon and found this interesting quote from a commenter:

"Listening to film music, I've found that the "great" composers adapt to the story ... and to their director's vision."

He is also describing ARR, but doesn't know it yet! ARR is truly one composer who lets go of his ego and completely moulds himself to the director and film. He is to me the most versatile composer ever, and yet, retaining his own signature consistently. I don't think we truly know how difficult that is to do! Wait until Hollywood and others hear more of ARR in the future...just wait!

Here's the link for your reference. The quote is from the 3rd commenter:

http://www.amazon.com/Inception-Hans-Zimmer/dp/B003ODL004/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1289352424&sr=1-1

-arryg

A.ANAND
10th November 2010, 08:27 AM
Great ticket offers for AR Rahman: Jai Ho Tour

http://www.artlink.co.za/news_article.htm?contentID=25891

sureshmehcnit
10th November 2010, 12:25 PM
I did an interview with Matt Dunkley - the orchestrator and conductor of most of the symphonic scores of A.R.Rahman. he speaks about Composer - orchestrator relationship, his experience of working with A.R.Rahman and much more. Also, he was kind enough to send me an excerpt of printed score sheet of a cue from
Endhiran background score

http://www.backgroundscore.com/2010/11/in-conversation-with-matt-dunkley.html

Smile,
Sureshkumar.

ajaybaskar
11th November 2010, 04:02 PM
http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser/home_en.nsf/root/press_releases_261010_2

raghavendran
11th November 2010, 06:24 PM
8-)

rsubras
11th November 2010, 08:20 PM
Can anyone here appreciate Varalaru BGM? Thatz a very Gethu BGM esp when the villain son picks up a knife and goes to kill his father, when Sivashankar gets up from his wheel chair and gears up for the fight with his evil son..and ultimate is when the marriage tune gets transformed into dhak dhak mirudhangam sound to suit the mood of the heroine when Sivashankar Ajith comes down for his wedding., The BGMs were awesome esp when watching the film at Sathyam :)

A.ANAND
11th November 2010, 09:58 PM
AR Rahman presents award to Lata Mangeshkar
IndiaGlitz [Thursday, November 11, 2010]

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/61498.html

Sunil_M88
12th November 2010, 04:54 AM
With AR Rahman's latest Hollywood offering, 127 Hours, with Danny Boyle, making the headlines these days, there's no doubt that the Mozart of Madras has become hot property abroad as well.

However, the ace music composer maintains that composing for Indian movies will always be his priority.

So, when the music composer was asked about his favourites among the songs that he has composed so far, without batting an eyelid, ARR said that Narumugaye... (Iruvar), Ennavale Adi Ennavale... (Kadhalan), Margazhi Thingal Allava... (Sangamam), Kadhal Theenda... (Udhaya) and Veerapandi Kottayile... (Thiruda Thiruda) were his top picks in Tamil.

Looks like Rahman is one of the few artistes who don't forget their roots despite soaring high!

Read more: AR Rahman's favourites - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/music/news-and-interviews/AR-Rahmans-favourites/articleshow/6908268.cms#ixzz151EuehU2

Margazhi Thingal Allava... (Sangamam). :omg: My all time fav too, what a classic. :notworthy:

Kadhal Theenda... (Udhaya), ANYONE KNOW WHAT SONG THIS IS AS I CAN'T FIND IT IN THE TRACKLIST :s

raghavendran
12th November 2010, 08:11 AM
With AR Rahman's latest Hollywood offering, 127 Hours, with Danny Boyle, making the headlines these days, there's no doubt that the Mozart of Madras has become hot property abroad as well.

However, the ace music composer maintains that composing for Indian movies will always be his priority.

So, when the music composer was asked about his favourites among the songs that he has composed so far, without batting an eyelid, ARR said that Narumugaye... (Iruvar), Ennavale Adi Ennavale... (Kadhalan), Margazhi Thingal Allava... (Sangamam), Kadhal Theenda... (Udhaya) and Veerapandi Kottayile... (Thiruda Thiruda) were his top picks in Tamil.

Looks like Rahman is one of the few artistes who don't forget their roots despite soaring high!

Read more: AR Rahman's favourites - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/music/news-and-interviews/AR-Rahmans-favourites/articleshow/6908268.cms#ixzz151EuehU2

Margazhi Thingal Allava... (Sangamam). :omg: My all time fav too, what a classic. :notworthy:

Kadhal Theenda... (Udhaya), ANYONE KNOW WHAT SONG THIS IS AS I CAN'T FIND IT IN THE TRACKLIST :sout of arr's fav songs..kadhal,naramugaye,veerabandiya and ennavale r among my favs too..
kadhal and naramugaye r :notworthy: :notworthy: ..really very few songshas this many sangams as kadhal..and the way HH ans sargam have rended it :thumbsup: ..and the classical beats of naramugaye and unnikrishnan :thumbsup:
i desparately want arr-unnikrishnan combo again :D

littlemaster1982
12th November 2010, 08:17 AM
Kadhal Theenda... (Udhaya), ANYONE KNOW WHAT SONG THIS IS AS I CAN'T FIND IT IN THE TRACKLIST :s

It's Udhaya Udhaya (Hariharan, Sadhna Sargam). The lyrics goes like "Kaadhal theendave".

A.ANAND
12th November 2010, 12:19 PM
A. R. Rahman irks media

We all know that A. R. Rahman is reclusive with the media as a whole, but when it comes to interacting with the Indian media, he becomes totally inaccessible.

This is what happened recently during the launch of the debut album of singer Srinivas, who has won the Tamil Nadu state best singer award twice.

The double Oscar winning composer attended the function and stood by his disciple Srinivas during the launch, encouraging him. But when it came to talking to mediapersons, who were waiting for around three hours to speak with him, Rahman sneaked out from the backdoor. His manager said that he had an important appointment because of which he could not wait.

The album is a collection of ghazals and is a revival of a few popular numbers sung by the Pakistani ghazal maestro Mehdi Hassan. Rahman, who is the mentor of the singer, said: "When Srinivas joined me as a singer I was surprised to know that he had given up a job that fetched him Rs. 25,000 per month. I was apprehensive about what I would tell his family if he did not succeed as a singer. But today I feel extremely happy and proud to see Srinivas having scaled such heights of success."

Talking about his debut album, Rahman said: "It's very difficult to do justice to Mehdi Hassan songs. I am sure that people will appreciate his work." Even superstar Rajnikant is fond of Sriram, who has sung more than thousand songs in both Hindi and Tamil films.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/site/Story/119643/Cinema/a-r-rahman-irks-media.html

A.ANAND
15th November 2010, 09:43 AM
Lucknow boy to sing AR Rahman's 'Jai Ho' at Asian Games' closing ceremony

http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/lucknow-boy-to-sing-ar-rahmans-jai-ho-at-asian-games-closing-ceremony-66346?cp

A.ANAND
15th November 2010, 10:41 AM
Kid - dressed as AR on Childrens day celeb wins 1st prize

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9l0HH4Bm2s

:lol: :thumbsup:

A.ANAND
16th November 2010, 06:12 AM
[tscii:02ecb89a5f]Where are AR Rahman’s Oscar trophies!

AR Rahman reveals the whereabouts of his Oscar trophies!

Music maestro AR Rahman won two Oscars for Slumdog Millionaire in 2009 for Best score and Best song.

The renowned music director has re-teamed with Danny Boyle in '127 hours', Danny's forthcoming film.

While promoting 127 hours, Rahman revealed that he wasn't aware of the whereabouts of his Oscar trophies!

Rahman smiled and revealed, "My mother has hidden it because everybody who comes in wants to take a photograph of it. So what she's done is she put it inside a suitcase somewhere. I really don't know where they are."

Now, that's an interesting piece of news Rahman!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/music/news-and-interviews/Where-are-AR-Rahmans-Oscar-trophies/articleshow/6929960.cms
[/tscii:02ecb89a5f]

A.ANAND
16th November 2010, 06:21 AM
There can only be one Rahman: Srinivas

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/music/news-and-interviews/There-can-only-be-one-Rahman-Srinivas/articleshow/6883980.cms

raghavendran
16th November 2010, 05:05 PM
There can only be one Rahman: Srinivas

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/music/news-and-interviews/There-can-only-be-one-Rahman-Srinivas/articleshow/6883980.cmsagmark arr fan 8-)

A.ANAND
16th November 2010, 10:17 PM
International superstar A.R. Rahman takes sennheiser on 'The Journey Home World Tour 2010'

http://www.indiainfoline.com/Markets/News/International-superstar-A.R.-Rahman-takes-sennheiser-on-The-Journey-Home-World-Tour-2010/4992421819

A.ANAND
17th November 2010, 11:10 AM
[tscii:88d045a061]Rahman doesn't know where his Oscars are

MUMBAI: Music maestro AR Rahman won two Oscars for Slumdog Millionaire in 2009 for Best score and Best song. However, he does not where his Oscars are.

He has re-teamed with Danny Boyle in 127 hours. While promoting 127 hours, Rahman revealed that he wasn’t aware of the whereabouts of his Oscar trophies! Rahman smiled and revealed, “My mother has hidden it because everybody who comes in wants to take a photograph of it. So what she’s done is she put it inside a suitcase somewhere. I really don’t know where they are.”

http://www.thehimalayantimes.com/fullNews.php?headline=Rahman+doesn't+know+where+hi s+Oscars+are&NewsID=265796
[/tscii:88d045a061]

A.ANAND
17th November 2010, 04:12 PM
A.M.RATNAM - A.R.RAHMAN - VIJAY ???

http://tamil.cinesouth.com/masala/hotnews/new/16112010_04.shtml

A.ANAND
17th November 2010, 06:10 PM
k.s.chitra on arr and his father r.k shekar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOt3curQTyk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBTJ-ivX6p4

[raja gopala kula shekaran] is real name of rahman's father!

A.ANAND
18th November 2010, 06:27 AM
AR Rahman & Shekar Kapur to launch a media venture??

http://www.medianama.com/2010/11/223-shekhar-kapur-video-content/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+medianama+(Medianama:+Digital+M edia+In+India)

A.ANAND
18th November 2010, 06:29 AM
Kamal Hassan&A R Rahman

South Indian Actress and Most happening actress of the year Anushka bagged one more prestigious project. she going to play female lead in Kamal hassans "Thalaivan Irukiran"

Kamal Haasan is said to have decided to cast Anushka in this film since she is the only top actress in the present top actresses in Telugu and Tamil who looks quite mature. The shooting for this movie would start in another few months and the entire shoot is likely to be completed in just few months.

The story is being written by Kamal himself and he will produce this movie along with the Fox studios. A R Rahaman is going to compose music for this movie.

Cast: Kamal Hassan, Anushka Shetty, Mohanlal, Surya, Ravi Teja
Story & Direction: Kamal Hassan
Producer: Kamal's Raj Films and Fox studio
Music: A R Rahman

A.ANAND
18th November 2010, 06:47 AM
ARR to take part in Nobel peace prize concertThursday, 18

Barry Manilow and Jamiroquai are to take the stage at next month's Nobel Peace Prize Concert in Oslo, it has been announced.

The AP reports that Manilow and the 'Virtual Insanity' band have signed up for the annual event, which honours the Nobel Peace Prize winner each December.

The gig's organisers also confirmed that Oscar-winning composer A.R. Rahman will take part in the December 11 tribute to this year's laureate, detained Chinese human rights activist Liu Xiaobo.

It was previously reported that Colbie Caillat, Elvis Costello and Florence and the Machine are also scheduled to perform.

Two-time Oscar winner Denzel Washington will host the event.

http://www.digitalspy.com/music/news/a288395/barry-manilow-jamiroquai-for-nobel-concert.html

satissh_r
18th November 2010, 08:10 AM
Kamal Hassan&A R Rahman

South Indian Actress and Most happening actress of the year Anushka bagged one more prestigious project. she going to play female lead in Kamal hassans "Thalaivan Irukiran"

Kamal Haasan is said to have decided to cast Anushka in this film since she is the only top actress in the present top actresses in Telugu and Tamil who looks quite mature. The shooting for this movie would start in another few months and the entire shoot is likely to be completed in just few months.

The story is being written by Kamal himself and he will produce this movie along with the Fox studios. A R Rahaman is going to compose music for this movie.

Cast: Kamal Hassan, Anushka Shetty, Mohanlal, Surya, Ravi Teja
Story & Direction: Kamal Hassan
Producer: Kamal's Raj Films and Fox studio
Music: A R Rahman

Don't think this is true, Unnaipol Oruvan was earlier named as Thalaivan Irukiran.

A.ANAND
18th November 2010, 08:42 AM
athu vera project ,ithu vera project satish sir,ethukkum konjam wait panni paapomme :)

satissh_r
18th November 2010, 11:17 AM
athu vera project ,ithu vera project satish sir,ethukkum konjam wait panni paapomme :)

Appadinna Seri :)

A.ANAND
18th November 2010, 05:39 PM
Airtel's New Signature Tune - Download-Tune by ARR

http://www.mediafire.com/?90cjh4a5p4857z5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwcUER0fIrQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BR0JB3z6gI&feature=player_embedded

A.ANAND
18th November 2010, 06:39 PM
[tscii:56133d14cc]ARR to perform @ Nobel Peace Prize Concert
IndiaGlitz [Thursday, November 18, 2010] 0 Comments

It has been officially announced that our own AR Rahman will perform at the 17th Annual Nobel Peace Prize Concert on December 11 in Oslo, Norway.

The two-time Grammy and Academy Award winning artiste will join a star studded line-up of musicians that include Barry Manilow, Jamiroquai, India.Arie, Florence + The Machine, Herbie Hancock, Robyn, Elvis Costello and Colbie Caillat. Academy Award winning Actor Denzel Washington will host the event, which will be broadcast around the world following the Nobel Peace Prize Awards.

The performance comes at a time of international critical acclaim for AR Rahman¡¯s score for the recently released Danny Boyle film 127 Hours. 127 Hours marks the second collaboration for ARR and Danny Boyle.

Currently AR Rahman is in the middle of his world tour and he will perform for the first time in South Africa this November. Rahman¡¯s performance will be part of the 150th anniversary of Indian presence in the nation and caps off a national celebration of Indian culture in South Africa. The tour kicks off on November 20th at The Sun City Superbowl.

[/tscii:56133d14cc]

K
19th November 2010, 07:38 AM
http://saravanaganesh18.blogspot.com/2010/11/blog-post.html

A.ANAND
19th November 2010, 07:22 PM
http://saravanaganesh18.blogspot.com/2010/11/blog-post.html

thank u mr K :)

A.ANAND
19th November 2010, 07:35 PM
[tscii:3b13f18f3b]New Signature tune from AR Rahman more vivacious and youthful

Dynamic and refreshing New Signature tune and logo was shared with millions by the Bharti Airtel, a leading global telecommunications company, on Thursday as celebrating the significant success of telecom leadership across globe.

The music was rejuvenated by the music whiz, A.R Rahman, making it more vivacious and youthful with high energy especially to match the youthful red colour of this generation and generations to come. As their logo signifies the letter ‘a’, elaborates as youthful, international, inclusive and dynamic. The New look shows the success of achieving

the leadership position in crossing the milestone of 200 million customers.

Earlier also Airtel’s signature tune created history by being world’s most downloaded mobile music with over 150 million downloads, this time also they are ready to repeat history. The new tune however retains the original rhythm and flavour while adding more zing with A R Rahman’s own universal appeal to the tune which is definitely more likely to draw all the attention worldwide, according to Airtel.

Airtel shows ever expansion by crossing 100 million customers in just 18 months, while the company had 50 million customers in October 2007 and 100 million in May, 2009, according to the Sunil Bharti Mittal, Chairman and Managing Director, Bharti airtel stated as they expanded on the global stage this new identity reinforces their promise to deliver innovative services and a superior brand experience to the ever increasing customers.

http://infocera.com/Airtel_New_Signature_tune_from_AR_Rahman_more_viva cious_and_youthful_10932.htm

[/tscii:3b13f18f3b]

A.ANAND
20th November 2010, 10:40 AM
நோபல் அமைதி விருது இசை நிகழ்ச்சியில் ஏ ஆர் ரஹ்மான்!!

நார்வேயில் நடக்கும் 'நோபல் பரிசு விருது இசை விழா'வில் இசைப் புயல் ஏ ஆர் ரஹ்மானின் இசை நிகழ்ச்சி இடம்பெறுகிறது.

ஆண்டுதோறும் அமைதிக்கான நோபல் பரிசு பெறுபவரைக் கவுரவிக்க, மாபெரும் இசை நிகழ்ச்சி நடப்பது வழக்கம். சீனாவின் ஜனநாயக தலைவர் லீ ஜியாபோ (Liu Xiaobo) இந்த ஆண்டு அமைதி விருதுக்குத் தேர்வு செய்யப்பட்டுள்ளார்.

அவரைக் கவுரவிக்கும் விதத்தில், இந்த ஆண்டு இசை நிகழ்ச்சி வரும் டிசம்பர் 11-ம் தேதி நார்வே தலைநகர் ஆஸ்லோவில் நடக்கிறது.

ஸ்பெக்ட்ரம் அரங்கில் நடக்கும் இந்த இசை நிகழ்ச்சியை பிரபல நடிகர் டென்ஸல் வாஷிங்டன் தொகுத்து வழங்குகிறார்.

9 இசை வல்லுநர்கள் பங்கேற்கும் இந்த கவுரவத்துக்குரிய நிகழ்ச்சியில் ஆஸ்கர் நாயகன், நம்ம ஊர் ஏ ஆர் ரஹ்மானும் பங்கேற்கிறார். பேரி மணிலோ, எல்விஸ் காஸ்டெல்லோ, ஹர்பி ஹன்காக், ஜெமிரோக்வாய் உள்ளிட்ட உலகப் புகழ்பெற்ற கலைஞர்கள் இந்த நிகழ்ச்சியில் தங்கள் பங்களிப்பைத் தரவிருக்கிறார்கள்.

இந்திய அளவில் எந்த இசையமைப்பாளருக்கும் இதுவரை கிடைக்காத கவுரவம் இது.

http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2010/11/19-ar-rahman-nobel-price-peace-concert.html

A.ANAND
20th November 2010, 11:24 AM
Win tickets to watch AR Rahman live!

http://www.ecr.co.za/kagiso/content/en/east-coast-radio/east-coast-radio-competitions?oid=998297&sn=Detail&pid=490476&Win-tickets-to-watch-AR-Rahman-live-

agam
23rd November 2010, 07:14 AM
Agam's cover for ARR's masterpiece Uyire
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWToMCxvLBY

A.ANAND
24th November 2010, 08:24 PM
MONSOON HITS GAUTHAM MOVIE

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/nov-10-04/gautham-menon-chennaiyil-oru-mazhai-kaalam-24-11-10.html

ajaybaskar
25th November 2010, 09:14 AM
Toyota Etios AD Featuring A.R.Rahman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz0-2ZdT5lo&feature=player_embedded

A.ANAND
25th November 2010, 04:34 PM
Could This Be The Strangest Musical Event Ever?

http://newsfeed.time.com/2010/11/18/could-this-be-the-strangest-musical-event-ever/

A.ANAND
25th November 2010, 07:30 PM
[tscii:afb352d48a]Gautham signs Samantha, Amy and Shiva for next

There is a lot happening in the camp of Gautham Menon. The classy director is occupied every moment of these days. Working on Nadunisi Naaygal, Vinnaithandi Varuvaya Hindi remake as the director and Veppam and Azhagarsamiyin Kuthirai as the producer at the moment, Gautham is yearning for more glory.

Gautham has announced the revival of his beloved project ‘Chennaiyil Oru Mazhaikaalam'. The movie has four heroes and three heroines. It was launched four years ago with Trisha and Veera but put on ice later.

Now Gautham has announced the resumption of the romance and he is said to have signed his favourites Samantha and Amy Jackson as two of the heroines and Shiva as one of the heroes.

One of the highlights of the movie is the music by AR Rahman. An official announcement from Gautham Menon regarding this project is expected any moment from now.

[/tscii:afb352d48a]

baba88
26th November 2010, 12:25 AM
[tscii:71472d334f]The news about the Chennayil Oru Malaikaalam revival are only false rumours I think. Gautham Menon has already announced his next movie in Tamil

http://www.photonkathaas.com/images/ta/ta_01.jpg
http://www.photonkathaas.com/images/ta/ta_02.jpg
http://www.photonkathaas.com/images/ta/ta_03.jpg
http://www.photonkathaas.com/images/ta/ta_04.jpg
http://www.photonkathaas.com/images/ta/ta_05.jpg

A game of cat and mouse between a dashing young Indian cop and a bandit set in 1920 India. The sheer skill and intellect of one man’s genius in hunting down a dangerous criminal sans modern day technology but with brilliantly visualized action sequences.[/tscii:71472d334f]

A.ANAND
26th November 2010, 08:18 AM
avaruthan oru vaarathukku oru padam annouce pannuvare!etha nambarathu???thalaivar kitta semmathiya oru naalaikku vanagi kattikaporaru GM :lol:

A.ANAND
26th November 2010, 11:41 AM
[tscii:2d25065a69]Marathi Film ‘Vihir’ and AR Rahman Win at New York fest

http://www.indiajournal.com/pages/event.php?id=13208[/tscii:2d25065a69]

A.ANAND
26th November 2010, 11:43 AM
Tamil 'Boys' to now speak Hindi!

http://www.bollyspice.com/view.php/6063-tamil-boys-to-now-speak-hindi.html

A.ANAND
27th November 2010, 02:50 PM
[tscii:180d567f42]AR Rahman’s Jai Ho Concert: The Journey Home World Tour astounds and astonishes

by Ailsa Windsor
Last night (Friday 26 November 2010) AR Rahman’s entourage reached Durban which is home to the largest number of Indians who have settled in the diaspora. Making the concert even more special is the fact that this is the year which celebrates the 150th anniversary of the first Indian indentured labourers to reach South Africa’s shores

ights, camera, action! Such was the setting at the Moses Mabhida Stadium for one of the most magnificent concerts to reach Durban… and it’s all been captured on film. AR Rahman’s ‘Jai Ho: Journey Home World Tour’ is a fusion of colour and music with backdrops which range from lights to photographs and even painted settings.

There is something for everyone as he has catered for all musical tastes. Traditional sitar combines with electric guitar; jazz moves into hip-hop; and the sound of the flute infuses both Indian and Irish melodies. One can’t leave out the drums and timpani as it’s the beat which permeates the stadium and infiltrates one’s mind and body. There’s no reason to sit still – it’s a concert which begs for you to leave your seats and party along.

Energetic dancers prove that synchronicity is the name of the game and their smiles indicate that not only are they pulsating with energy, but express their love for what they do. In addition, the fusion of dance forms causes one to gaze in awe. In fact, one can even say that the choreography has given new insight into hip-hop.

However, this isn’t merely music there is a tale woven into the production of a lad who retraces his roots and finds his way home into the arms of his family. Spirituality and tradition have also been woven into the journey.

According to Rahman it took eight months to put together this theatrical explosion which came to us with an African touch as well as a surprise performance by the Soweto Gospel Choir. However, as Rahman said: “It’s the love that binds it all together. Hindi, Tamil, English…all in the land of Nelson Mandela and Gandhi!”

The rain came pouring down towards the end of the concert, but I believe this was actually a good sign as the concert, when performed in India, always closed in the rain. But, perhaps it’s even more than that – it’s saying goodbye with a tear in the eye to AR Rahman, his talented cast members and musicians as the leave South Africa and continue their tour! Hamba kahle, Namaste, travel safely and return to us soon!

http://www.newsonline.co.za/article_detail.asp?Article_ID=2352
[/tscii:180d567f42]

Yathu
28th November 2010, 06:20 AM
An interesting interpretation of Balleleka from Sivaji:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpcuC9XUM44

Same performance on another day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD6uK98QvQI

and Ramta Jogi from Taal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI1-hwtL2V8

This kind of thing always puts a smile on my face. :D

ajaybaskar
28th November 2010, 12:34 PM
Some pre-oscar discussions on ARR...

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=56988&forumID=1&archive=0

sathya_1979
28th November 2010, 12:39 PM
Some pre-oscar discussions on ARR...

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=56988&forumID=1&archive=0
AB, these were discussions for Last Year's Oscar nominations, which thalaivar won.

ajaybaskar
28th November 2010, 12:42 PM
Yes... Feb 2009.. I found them interesting.. Even b4 ARR won the oscar, some westeners had faith on him.

sathya_1979
28th November 2010, 12:45 PM
Yes... Feb 2009.. I found them interesting.. Even b4 ARR won the oscar, some westeners had faith on him.
yes, even before slumdog. Read some reviews in amazon site on his other albums from non-Indians. Full of praise!

lancelot
29th November 2010, 12:24 PM
any of you know where i can find the ARR interview on his new AirTel song? he explains the language in it and why it is so.

19thmay
29th November 2010, 12:38 PM
Is he working with Kathir for Manavar Dhinam. I am eagerly waiting for that album.

littlemaster1982
29th November 2010, 01:00 PM
It's not confirmed yet Sridhar.

A.ANAND
29th November 2010, 04:15 PM
http://www.washingtonbanglaradio.com/content/111556910-r-rahman-composes-jingle-airtel-3g-phone-service-be-launched-india

lancelot
29th November 2010, 05:22 PM
http://www.washingtonbanglaradio.com/content/111556910-r-rahman-composes-jingle-airtel-3g-phone-service-be-launched-india

thanx Anand, that was the only one even i was able to find. nothing on his interview though

A.ANAND
29th November 2010, 08:47 PM
[tscii:33f4cf47d1]No takers for Rahman's school

Here's a reminder that education in India still doesn't get support. Double Oscar-winner A R Rahman can't find anyone to put up approx Rs. 50 crore to expand his music conservatory.

While conventional career options get lavish funds, alternate ones like music – that has been bringing awards and accolades to the country for years — are not even perceived as a secure career by parents and are still just a hobby. Rahman has set 2011 as the year to positively make sure that his dreams come true and is even setting time aside from his busy schedule to meet potential investors. But the Maestro from Madras is picky about who he will associate with to take his cherished project forward.

He wants committed partners. So, he is carefully considering the people. He has also scheduled meetings with some others whom he would want to partner with. Many global investors are ready to join him too. Rahman's aide confirms to BT about Rahman feeling the heat of being cash strapped. "Funding is just one aspect so the news is not true in its entirety. More important is to get the right people and expertise to run it in a professional manner. The benchmark has to be really high. We don't want to rush into it though there have been several feelers from people who have shown interest in the project."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/music/news-and-interviews/No-takers-for-Rahmans-school/articleshow/7010155.cms

[/tscii:33f4cf47d1]

raghavendran
30th November 2010, 08:19 PM
[tscii:d64c4755db]
While conventional career options get lavish funds, alternate ones like music – that has been bringing awards and accolades to the country for years — are not even perceived as a secure career by parents and are still just a hobby.

[/tscii:d64c4755db] :( ..its sad..
mudhalvan-handicapped boy to arjun:"namma naadum enna madhiri nondiya irukku..endhirichi nadakavai thalaiva"
yaarachu thalaivarukku help pannunga :evil: ..

sathya_1979
30th November 2010, 08:56 PM
Did anybody buy ARR T-Short from the Orkut Moderator? If so, let me know how it is.

sathya_1979
30th November 2010, 09:00 PM
[tscii:e6d452f8ab]
While conventional career options get lavish funds, alternate ones like music – that has been bringing awards and accolades to the country for years — are not even perceived as a secure career by parents and are still just a hobby.

[/tscii:e6d452f8ab] :( ..its sad..
mudhalvan-handicapped boy to arjun:"namma naadum enna madhiri nondiya irukku..endhirichi nadakavai thalaiva"
Raghav, the problem, as stated in this article is tangible and good number of examples that Music is a rewarding career - Name, Fame and Monetary-wise. So, oru 20-30 pEr career start senju nallA settle aagi adhu oru newsaa nalla paravichunna, others will try pursuing this as a career.
nalladhu nadakkum. aanaa konjam time aagum. kadavuL vazhi kaattuvaar!

baba88
1st December 2010, 01:14 AM
Did anyone catch the documentation about KM Consevatory on Kalaignar Tv 2 day ago ?

ajaybaskar
1st December 2010, 11:47 AM
Did anybody buy ARR T-Short from the Orkut Moderator? If so, let me know how it is.

I bought it long back.. Its too good. Went to watch Endhiran, wearing that tee.. :)

ajaybaskar
1st December 2010, 03:31 PM
http://www.toyotaetios.in/l1/index.html

Full song is available in download section !

raghavendran
1st December 2010, 06:29 PM
[tscii:ae062ad514]

[/tscii:ae062ad514] :( ..its sad..
Raghav, the problem, as stated in this article is tangible and good number of examples that Music is a rewarding career - Name, Fame and Monetary-wise. So, oru 20-30 pEr career start senju nallA settle aagi adhu oru newsaa nalla paravichunna, others will try pursuing this as a career.
nalladhu nadakkum. aanaa konjam time aagum. kadavuL vazhi kaattuvaar!indha money problem theeranum...50cr is a big amt :(

Ramakrishna
1st December 2010, 08:29 PM

Rahman's singles nu oru thread aarambichudalaama?

littlemaster1982
1st December 2010, 09:01 PM
New releases thread :huh:

lancelot
1st December 2010, 09:14 PM

Rahman's singles nu oru thread aarambichudalaama?

who sings this song?

suntharp
1st December 2010, 10:55 PM
nice short movie with arr name mentioned. interesting...is it true?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwJp7cb9J1c

Sunil_M88
2nd December 2010, 02:06 AM
PRIYADARSHAN'S GRRRR WITH AB, AR RAHMAN

Priyadarshan signed a 3-film deal with Percept Picture Company some time back. The projects include AIDS, sequel to his yesteryear comedy blockbuster Maalamal Weekly and Grrrr. Grrrr is shaping up into a big budget flick as Priyadarshan has signed the most proficient technicians that includes academy award winner AR Rahman. Since the film will be shot in the deep-rooted forests of Africa, the filmmaker has been holding talks with top-charting cinematographers to shoot the film.

Amitabh Bachchan will play the lead role that of a British hunter Jim Corbett, who embarks a hazardous journey into the forests to hunt down a dangerous beast that has been preying on people. The film is expected to go on floors next year as Priyadarshan is busy now with the shooting schedules of his multi-starrer movie 'Tez'.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/dec-10-01/priyadarshan-ar-rahman-01-12-10.html

ajaybaskar
2nd December 2010, 11:45 AM
ARR gets 2 nominations for 2011 Satellite Awards
Satellite Awards Movie Nominations Dominated by 'Inception' and '127 Hours'

International Press Academy has announced the nominees for the 15th Annual Satellite Awards on December 1. Leading the way to win big at the prize-giving event is "Inception" which snatches 11 nominations out of 23 categories, followed by "127 Hours" which takes 9 nods.

Both films are up for best drama prize, competing with "Blue Valentine", "The King's Speech", "The Social Network", "The Town" and "Winter's Bone" among others. The moneymaker flick from Christopher Nolan and the emotionally arousing film from Danny Boyle also lead their stars, Leonardo DiCaprio and James Franco, to score a nod for best drama actor. Meanwhile, Nolan and Boyle themselves will face against each other for best director prize.

Also scoring a bunch of nods at Satellite Awards is "Social Network". Beside the best drama honor, the movie is nominated in best director, best actor, best adapted screenplay and three other categories. "Alice in Wonderland" grabs 5, being mentioned in Art Direction & Production Design, Costume Design, Original Song Visual Effects and Motion Picture (Animated or Mixed Media) categories.

Currently playing "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" has a chance to take home kudos for Cinematography and Original Score. Meanwhile, summer hit "The Twilight Saga's Eclipse" grabs two noms, all for Original Song.

People could find out the winners for 2011 Satellite Awards soon for the "ceremonious occasion" will be held on December 19 at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza Hotel in Century City.

Original Score:

"127 Hours"
"Black Swan"
"The Eclipse"
"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I"
"Inception"
"Salt"
"The Social Network"
"Unstoppable"

Original Song:

"If I Rise" from "127 Hours"
"Alice" from "Alice in Wonderland"
"You Haven't Seen the Last of Me" from "Burlesque"
"Country Strong" from "Country Strong"
"What Part of Forever" from "The Twilight Saga's Eclipse"
"Eclipse (All Yours)" from "The Twilight Saga's Eclipse"

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00037157.html

SoftSword
3rd December 2010, 04:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIqIuyWa1_w&feature=player_embedded

ajaybaskar
4th December 2010, 11:14 AM
Emotional moments at GIMA

The first Chevrolet Global Music Indian Awards ( GIMA) turned out to be an event, high on emotional quotient.

So while there were quite a few music legends who were felicitated in the first edition of the awards, there was the entire Subramanium family that was awarded the Best fusion award for their work on the "Live At Neues Gewandhaus Leipzig Germany" album. Kavita Krishnamurthy looked visibly ecstatic and admitted that it is indeed a moment of joy and pride for the entire family as it was the first time that they had won an award as a family and not as individuals.

Oscar winning Composer A.R. Rahman had his poignant moment when he spoke about his father who used to look at Lata Mangeshkar's picture every morning and find inspiration to compose music. When given the opportunity of presenting the Lifetime Achievement Award along with legendary Asha Bhonsle, he grew reminiscent and wished his father was alive to witness this historic feat.

Lata Mangeshkar has won umpteen numbers of awards at national and international platforms, but it was for the first time at Global Indian Music Awards that she was awarded for a non-film album. A devotional album, Hanuman Chalisa, fetched her, the award for the Best devotional music- a first in her musical career spanning more than 60 years.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/music/news-and-interviews/Emotional-moments-at-GIMA/articleshow/7036279.cms#ixzz174bPOOXc

ajaybaskar
4th December 2010, 11:16 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocHpSwDcQ1c&feature=youtube_gdata_player

ajaybaskar
7th December 2010, 11:57 AM
Zimmer has the last laugh at WAFCA

http://www.dcfilmcritics.com/awards/

sathya_1979
7th December 2010, 01:23 PM
Best chance for thalaivar is the Best song category

ajaybaskar
7th December 2010, 01:26 PM
Getting nominated in 2 categories of Oscars itself is a daunting task.. Hope thalaivar repeats the feat this time..

satissh_r
9th December 2010, 10:25 AM
Makkale can someone read through this and post the content here please. Officela FB blocked :(

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=6246313&l=737839c2d4&id=63441126719

Ramakrishna
9th December 2010, 10:35 AM
Makkale can someone read through this and post the content here please. Officela FB blocked :(

[html:527e6a678f]http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/1916/15412946846005671963441.jpg[/html:527e6a678f]

satissh_r
9th December 2010, 10:40 AM

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/1916/15412946846005671963441.jpg

Thanks Ram! pullarichiduchu, what more can anyone ask for? Dont think there could be any award that is bigger than this :notworthy: God bless both the ARs :D

ajaybaskar
9th December 2010, 10:41 AM
Pullarippu... :shock:

This is equivalent to an Oscar...

lancelot
9th December 2010, 11:38 AM
I saw this first thing int he morning. That sure is an amazing award for A R Rahman. Great work!

Siv.S
9th December 2010, 11:57 AM
content please.. enna matter ?

ajaybaskar
9th December 2010, 12:00 PM
Aron Ralston has left a message to ARR...

For A.R..

Thank you for bringing your amazing music to my story - If only I'd had your soundtrack in the canyon, I couldve lasted another 127 hours.

Best Wishes..
'a.r'
Aron Ralston

lancelot
9th December 2010, 12:02 PM
A note from Aron Ralston to A R Rahman

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/1916/15412946846005671963441.jpg

littlemaster1982
9th December 2010, 12:45 PM
Wowww!!! That sure is a great compliment :notworthy:

AudazJay
9th December 2010, 01:33 PM
Truly heart-warming :notworthy:

Sunil_M88
9th December 2010, 02:43 PM
Pullarippu... :shock:

This is equivalent to an Oscar...

Ajay sir, I believe this is more than an oscar for thalaivar.. Jai Ho

ajaybaskar
9th December 2010, 02:44 PM
:-)

No 'Sir' pls... Ajay sounds good...

SoftSword
9th December 2010, 04:29 PM
yaar indha Arun Relation?

ajaybaskar
9th December 2010, 04:35 PM
It was his story that Danny Boyle made as '127 hours'.

baba88
9th December 2010, 04:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ww3R5OTQwE

what a song.....

Sunil_M88
9th December 2010, 05:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ww3R5OTQwE

what a song.....

Thanks baba, I ended up listening to the whole Thenali album. I can't believe I've never heard Poarkkalam, this tune is simply amazing and I can't get enough of it. The orchestration is spot on. Us northies have missed a great deal of thalaivar's gems. :(

Mahen
9th December 2010, 08:22 PM
:notworthy: :clap:

jaiganes
9th December 2010, 08:26 PM
Wowww!!! That sure is a great compliment :notworthy:
sooper!!!!
open the bottle I say!!!

V_S
9th December 2010, 10:58 PM

For A.R..

Thank you for bringing your amazing music to my story - If only I'd had your soundtrack in the canyon, I couldve lasted another 127 hours.

Best Wishes..
'a.r'
Aron Ralston

That's a great great compliment and more than any awards and coming straigtaway from the real person's heart, who knows exactly what is that pain. Hats off to ARR!!

Sunil_M88
10th December 2010, 03:11 AM
AR with AR

[html:35e4fa3172]http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/8959/66857468745996719634411.jpg[/html:35e4fa3172]

lancelot
10th December 2010, 09:39 AM
yaar indha Arun Relation? lol :)

Sunil_M88
10th December 2010, 10:29 PM

For A.R..

Best Wishes..
'a.r'
Aron Ralston

That's a great great compliment and more than any awards and coming straigtaway from the real person's heart, who knows exactly what is that pain. Hats off to ARR!!

I see your a newbie, I once was that too.. Well I suppose everyone was :P I've felt at home here, hope you do too. Enjoy your stay :)

V_S
11th December 2010, 12:36 AM

For A.R..

Best Wishes..
'a.r'
Aron Ralston

I see your a newbie, I once was that too.. Well I suppose everyone was :P I've felt at home here, hope you do too. Enjoy your stay :)

Thanks a lot Sunil for your wishes. Yes, I always loved to be here in this hub, just that I got registered recently. Great to see people with lot of diversified interests and knowledge. Wish to stay longer!!

raghavendran
11th December 2010, 08:50 AM

For A.R..

Best Wishes..
'a.r'
Aron Ralston

Thanks a lot Sunil for your wishes. Yes, I always loved to be here in this hub, just that I got registered recently. Great to see people with lot of diversified interests and knowledge. Wish to stay longer!!welcome welocme tea coffee edachu vangithanreengala?

V_S
11th December 2010, 09:08 AM

Thanks a lot Sunil for your wishes. Yes, I always loved to be here in this hub, just that I got registered recently. Great to see people with lot of diversified interests and knowledge. Wish to stay longer!!welcome welocme tea coffee edachu vangithanreengala?
Sure my pleasure Raghav. But why just tea or coffee, we will have a party :D. My sincere gratitude to everyone.

raghavendran
11th December 2010, 09:12 AM

Sure my pleasure Raghav. But why just tea or coffee, we will have a party :D. My sincere gratitude to everyone.super.enjoy ur stay..have a blast :D

raghavendran
11th December 2010, 09:13 AM
Director KHADIR who is familiar with telugu people with movies like PREMADESAM,PREMIKULAROJU is ging to direct another movie with VARUN SANDESH as hero and under the banner of SRI MAHA GANAPATHI FILMS.ARR IS GONNA COMPOSE MUSIC FOR THIS FILM.

http://www.eenadu.net/ncineshow.asp?qry=cininews
:(

ajaybaskar
11th December 2010, 11:14 AM
ARR with Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard (Jan 2009 - Photo)

https://secure.wireimage.com/SearchResults.aspx?igi=347955&s=A.R.%20Rahman&sfld=C&vwmd=e

Yathu
12th December 2010, 12:38 AM
Rahman-Dido come together

AR Rahman is looking to take his association with international singing sensation Dido forward.

The double Oscar-winner, who had collaborated with Dido for the soundtrack of Danny Boyle's 127 Hours for the song If I Rise, is set to record a video with her soon. There are also plans of a concert together. Rahman, who is currently working on an international album to release soon, apparently has Dido as one of the singers. It's a star-studded line-up of famed singers from across the world. The two have shared a good rapport and Rahman has been very impressed by her work, especially her hit singles that topped music charts. The two, we hear, had discussed these various propositions when they met for 127 Hours.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/7082843.cms

*excited* :happydance:

ajaybaskar
12th December 2010, 09:35 PM
That made my day. Thanx Yathu!!! :-)

Yathu
12th December 2010, 10:13 PM
That made my day. Thanx Yathu!!! :-)

:) Hope it releases soon!

Yathu
12th December 2010, 10:18 PM
A R Rahman at the Nobel Peace Prize Ceremony:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20Iuo2n-MQw

He performs Mausam & Escape (this is always amazing live!) and Jai Ho. Also a little interview in the middle with Denzel Washington and Pauletta Pearson.

Benny Lava
13th December 2010, 10:07 PM
A R Rahman at the Nobel Peace Prize Ceremony:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20Iuo2n-MQw

He performs Mausam & Escape (this is always amazing live!) and Jai Ho. Also a little interview in the middle with Denzel Washington and Pauletta Pearson.

How good it would have been if it had the Bombay theme musical piece?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbiYEXNqksw

Nevertheless once again it is a goosebump moment to see ARR getting cheered and clapped so enthusiastically at such a prominent world stage!

ARR... thy achievements have no boundaries :bow: :bow:

littlemaster1982
13th December 2010, 10:58 PM
Nevertheless once again it is a goosebump moment to see ARR getting cheered and clapped so enthusiastically at such a prominent world stage!

The video left me in tears. I became so emotional :cry:

jaiganes
14th December 2010, 01:54 AM

The video left me in tears. I became so emotional :cry:
It was indeed very moving to see namma ooru payyan(offcourse he is a big guy now) rocking the international stage and not just to be a big buck earner, but associated with the right people and doing the right things...
I liked his hair style - the present one much better and I loved the way he gave the centre stage to the sitar player and the orchestra - so typical rahman.

SoftSword
14th December 2010, 02:43 AM
keep coming jai..

Sunil_M88
14th December 2010, 04:48 AM
How good it would have been if it had the Bombay theme musical piece?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbiYEXNqksw

It feels like the sound is coming from the flute of Lord Sri Krishna.

k_vanan
14th December 2010, 07:44 AM
http://sify.com/movies/Rahman-is-back-with-Lavender-imagegallery-malayalam-kmhrgheaaac.html

AudazJay
14th December 2010, 09:07 AM
http://sify.com/movies/Rahman-is-back-with-Lavender-imagegallery-malayalam-kmhrgheaaac.html

Must say that I was kinda :shock: when I read the first line of the news...."Rahman starrer Lavender has started rolling at Dubai."
It was only later I realized that they were talking about actor Rahman and not AR :P

Btw, AR is composing the title song? Should be grand :clap: :clap:

Nerd
14th December 2010, 07:41 PM
Not sure if already posted:

Rahman gets nominated for Golden Globe original score. Misses out on Original Song.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118028986?refcatid=13

directhit
14th December 2010, 07:49 PM
:smokesmirk:

littlemaster1982
14th December 2010, 08:01 PM
Great news!!

AudazJay
15th December 2010, 09:08 AM
:clap: :clap: getting nominated in the Golden Globes for the second time is definitely a great news! Can't wait to watch the awards :cheer: :cheer:

AudazJay
15th December 2010, 09:10 AM
A.R. Rahman, nommed for his score for "127 Hours," went through his own endurance test during the past year as his career took off following his "Slumdog Millionaire" breakthrough.
"It's been a very stressful year with touring and personal problems like my daughter having surgery and then doing the score," Rahman said. "It's definitely a relief to get this nomination. I will enjoy it today."

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118029030/

MADDY
15th December 2010, 12:45 PM
GG nomination -- feels great - AR deserves all the credit in the world 8-)

littlemaster1982
15th December 2010, 02:27 PM
Welcome back, Maddy :) Enna romba naala kaanum :roll:

ajaybaskar
15th December 2010, 02:52 PM
Pudhusa kalyanam aanavarkitta ippadiyellam kekkappidaadhu, master. :evil:

MADDY
15th December 2010, 05:33 PM

oh no, people would think i got married again :lol:

illa master, im always here :)

SoftSword
15th December 2010, 05:35 PM

oh no, people would think i got married again :lol:

illa master, im always here :)

appo modha kalyanam dhaanaa??
poi soltaar pola irukku lm payapulla...

K
15th December 2010, 05:54 PM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2010/12/music-composer-rahman-golden-globe-award-127-hours.html

Wish Rahman wins it again.

sureshmehcnit
16th December 2010, 10:52 AM
Journey of a Song in a Score

http://www.backgroundscore.com/2010/12/journey-of-song-in-score.html

ajaybaskar
16th December 2010, 05:09 PM
Nice writeup, Suresh.. :-)

ajaybaskar
16th December 2010, 06:44 PM
[tscii:95a5c0790f]Preview of Rashid Ali's debut album produced by ARR

The audio preview of one of the songs from guitarist-singer and now composer Rashid Ali‘s debut album was released on A R Rahman‘s official facebook fan page earlier today. The album is being produced by A R Rahman under the KM Musiq Label, and shall be released shortly. The song which is out, titled Ayrilik, is an Indianised adaptation of an Azerbaijan folk song, sung by Faria Choudhary and Rashid Ali. The Hindi lyrics have been penned by Raqueeb Alam. And with a minimally serene orchestration, the song does have a very lilting effect to it, though I am not sure how much of it is derived from the folk original. Nevertheless, if this is anything to go by, this album is going to be a pretty interesting debut from Rashid Ali the composer.

http://www.musicaloud.com/2010/12/16/preview-out-for-rashid-alis-debut-album-produced-by-a-r-rahman/ [/tscii:95a5c0790f]

Sunil_M88
19th December 2010, 12:19 AM
Wish Rahman wins it again. I wish that too. What ever happens, happens but I will pray for the best.

SoftSword
19th December 2010, 05:36 AM
Journey of a Song in a Score

http://www.backgroundscore.com/2010/12/journey-of-song-in-score.html

a very insightful writeup suresh.

lancelot
21st December 2010, 10:58 AM
sorry for posting this here, any of you guys from Mumbai? PM me please

Sunil_M88
22nd December 2010, 02:13 AM
Marathi contestant singing in Tamil in a Hindi programme. Watch the transition between the Tamil and Hindi song - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2hMUQjsDFA

A.ANAND
22nd December 2010, 12:50 PM
[tscii:c060eefe30]AR Rahman 'worth a year-long wait'

Producers of Ada… A Way of Life delayed the release of the film for a year because they wanted AR Rahman to work on it, Ayaan Ahmad has revealed.

The actor said the film was kept on hold while Oscar-winning composer AR Rahman was busy.

"Our film was stalled once it got to the background score stage. We wanted AR Rahman to do the background score. This was around that time Slumdog Millionaire hit the screens. The Oscars happened, and then he got busy with work in LA," said Ahmed.

While the composer recommended other musicians for the job, the makers of the film said he was the only man for the job and claim it was worth the wait.

Ada… A Way of Life will be released on December 24.
[/tscii:c060eefe30]

A.ANAND
22nd December 2010, 12:52 PM
A.R.Rahman My Inspiration - Director Sasikumar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKHFPQVcMRU

About Sasikumr
M. Sasikumar is a Tamil film director, actor and producer. He created a new trend in the Tamil film industry with his debut film Subramaniapuram in 2009. The low budget film received much attention for its original script, expert direction, screenplay, editing and accurate sets and costumes to resurrect Madurai from the 1980's.He is expected to have started his next directorial venture Easan in August 2009, which will also casts new faces.

A.ANAND
22nd December 2010, 12:54 PM
Ilayaraja, Rahman are my inspiration: Imman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdkWkPqFFMc&feature=related

A.ANAND
22nd December 2010, 01:02 PM
ARR with Harbie Hancock

http://i54.tinypic.com/w9iu8i.jpg

http://i55.tinypic.com/23h810z.jpg

A.ANAND
22nd December 2010, 01:21 PM
[tscii:62cbb6afb7]A R Rahman: A Music Storm , 6CD pack from Sony Music

The ‘Mozart of Madras’ who took Hollywood by storm in 2009 has done it all over again! AR Rahman has been nominated for a Golden Globe in ‘The Best Original Score’ category for Danny Boyle’s film 127 Hours.Sony Music India celebrates the genius of Rahman with their latest compilation - A R Rahman: A Music Storm. A must... have collectors’ edition box set of the maestro’s best works. A comprehensive 6 CD pack

http://www.facebook.com/SonyMusicIndia[/tscii:62cbb6afb7]

ajaybaskar
22nd December 2010, 01:55 PM

Idhukkaagave 'Easan' vera paarkkanum pola irukke!! :oops:

A.ANAND
22nd December 2010, 02:12 PM

Idhukkaagave 'Easan' vera paarkkanum pola irukke!! :oops:

avaru ithukku munnayum oru interview-la ithathan solli irukaru! :D

SoftSword
22nd December 2010, 04:14 PM
[tscii:fd58bc2e9e]AR Rahman 'worth a year-long wait'

Producers of Ada… A Way of Life delayed the release of the film for a year because they wanted AR Rahman to work on it, Ayaan Ahmad has revealed.

The actor said the film was kept on hold while Oscar-winning composer AR Rahman was busy.

"Our film was stalled once it got to the background score stage. We wanted AR Rahman to do the background score. This was around that time Slumdog Millionaire hit the screens. The Oscars happened, and then he got busy with work in LA," said Ahmed.

While the composer recommended other musicians for the job, the makers of the film said he was the only man for the job and claim it was worth the wait.

Ada… A Way of Life will be released on December 24.
[/tscii:fd58bc2e9e]

finally... :)

A.ANAND
22nd December 2010, 04:46 PM
intha padam flop aachunna,NI media -ikku kondatham-than!erkanave vaitherichal-la irukangga!oru artical-le poduvangga!'end of rahman era in bollywood'innu :(

Sunil_M88
23rd December 2010, 03:52 AM
Not long now till the world greets 2011. 2010 has been a great year for Rahman ji as he has had many highlights. But for me the biggest highlight this year, was that I got to see Thalaivar.

Still remember as it was yesterday - Him, coming down the stairs singing Oh Saya. Very emotional day (25 July 2010) for me... :cry2:

Kumar2020
23rd December 2010, 06:17 PM
guys,maybe this news is known to all of u,but im posting it anyway because its new to me,earlier today i watched the movie ''the accidental husband'' on star movies,it starred uma thurman and jeffrey dean morgan,and the makers used 'rang de' from thakshak,'yaaro yaarodi' from alai payudhey songs in the movie,and towards the end they used the full song of 'swaasame' from thenali..it was used for the end credits......and to make it wonderful all of this was credited to a.r rahman during the end credits in the movie

Yathu
24th December 2010, 02:11 AM
guys,maybe this news is known to all of u,but im posting it anyway because its new to me,earlier today i watched the movie ''the accidental husband'' on star movies,it starred uma thurman and jeffrey dean morgan,and the makers used 'rang de' from thakshak,'yaaro yaarodi' from alai payudhey songs in the movie,and towards the end they used the full song of 'swaasame' from thenali..it was used for the end credits......and to make it wonderful all of this was credited to a.r rahman during the end credits in the movie

Swasame bit (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy-mgf13aFI#t=2m18s)

End Credits (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNrUGteQH8k)

I haven't seen the movie, so not sure where the other songs come. This user has uploaded the whole film on youtube! Maybe you can find them? :D

A.ANAND
26th December 2010, 07:56 PM
2010ம் ஆண்டின் சிறந்த இசை அமைப்பாளர் யார்?

http://cinema.vikatan.com/index.php?option=com_apoll&view=apoll&id=3:2010-

thalaivar in lead with 507 vote!

A.ANAND
27th December 2010, 02:39 PM
A.R Rahman foundation official calendar 2011

http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170582977889#ht_500wt_1156

http://www.worldlight.in/

sathya_1979
27th December 2010, 09:57 PM
A.R Rahman foundation official calendar 2011

http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170582977889#ht_500wt_1156

http://www.worldlight.in/
Ordered my 2 copies :)

Sunil_M88
28th December 2010, 07:27 PM
...and the Golden Globe goes to....and the Oscar goes to....wait! There is still time to announce the winners.

Just a few weeks ago, A.R Rahman tweeted about his Golden Globe nominations for his film 127 Hours under the Best Original Score category. Then a few days later an article gets published about his soundtrack 'If I Rise' with Dido from the film 127 Hours stating that the song is shortlisted in the Best Original Song category at the 83rd Annual Academy Awards.

So if you think that A.R Rahman is going to get an easy way out this time around too, you're mistaken. 'The Mozart of Madras' is facing his toughest competition till date at the Golden Globes this year and surely to face the same at this years Academy Awards too.

The competitors are fierce, strong headed and acclaimed for their original score in films like Inception and The Social Network. They are Hans Zimmer and the duo Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross. Add A.R Rahman to the list and you can see how tough the final decision will be.

The only thing that can go in the maestro's favour is that his film 127 Hours is still not released theatrically in India. So when Inception came, the whole country went ga-ga about Zimmer and his drones. A month ago when The Social Network released, the nation went ballistic at the way the duo music composers from Nine Inch Nails went about to score their film with a mix of eccentric and electronic sounds. The question everyone is asking now is, 'What will the reaction be when India watches 127 Hours in theatres?'

'Will Inception and The Social Network take a back seat?'

So without being biased, we ask the newest of music maestro, Amit Trivedi for his feedback on his idol, mentor and inspiration, A.R. Rahman. Don't be surprised if you get a biased answer.

Amit quotes, "A.R Rahman has been my inspiration and will always be. But I am not being biased here. I have seen Inception and The Social Network and have heard its OST. I still have to see 127 Hours"

He adds, "I have heard the OST of 127 Hours and let me tell you, there is something magical about 127 Hours. There is strong competition for A.R Rahman this time because the new guys, Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross have 'nailed it' with their score. It's a never before heard score which they've come up with. I personally enjoyed The Social Network music. In my opinion, even Hans Zimmer's Inception is a near favourite. But one thing is for sure; I hope and pray that A.R Rahman wins either an OSCAR, BAFTA or a GOLDEN GLOBE this year"

...and who do you think the winner is?

Source: <font face="bold, geneva, helvetica, arial" size=+2>"I hope that Rahman wins either Oscar, Bafta or Golden Globe" - Amit Trivedi - </font>

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/news/2010/12/28/15133/index.html

A.ANAND
29th December 2010, 04:14 PM
vtv no.1

http://www.sify.com/movies/Top-10-of-10-imagegallery-Kollywood-km3jUBecbic.html#galname

sathya_1979
29th December 2010, 08:09 PM
awesome calendar! This time its wall hanging! Great quality, messages and pics!

A.ANAND
31st December 2010, 02:00 PM
A R Rahman to take a break in 2011

The maestro, AR Rahman has decided to take a break in 2011.

As we usher in the new year Rahman has broke the news that he will not be composing film music in 2011.

Noted singer Chinmayi had tweeted: "Though not something to look forward to, Rahman sir, is reportedly taking a break in 2011. Good for his family who'll finally get time with him."

In an interview to a newspaper, Rahman says: "I'am taking a break. I am finishing a movie called Rock Star (Ranbir Kapoor starrer directed by Imtiaz Ali, releasing on May 27). For once I will be free.�/P>

Meanwhile AR Rahman Foundation Calendar which was launched last week has turned out to be a runaway super hit.

We at sify.com wish Rahman a very happy New Year and hope that the break will recharge his energies and he will be back with a bang in 2012.

Remember the number one song in Kollywood on all music countdowns was Hosanna from VTV?

http://www.sify.com/movies/a-r-rahman-to-take-a-break-in-2011-news-tamil-km5lJPchajf.html

:cry: :cry: :cry: naanum intha forum-la irunthu thalaivar meendum varum varaikkum oru break eduthukiren!bye.... :wave: happy new year to all rahmanic :wave:

ajaybaskar
31st December 2010, 03:06 PM
First storm.. 1992

Second storm.. 2012

ajaybaskar
31st December 2010, 03:08 PM
I wish Rahmanji a very happy and peaceful 2011.

jaaze
31st December 2010, 03:35 PM
Not to forget that he still has a few more concerts in hand this year (2011) :)

ajaybaskar
31st December 2010, 04:47 PM
Rendezvous with Simi Garewal - ARR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t62xCy8JRiY

Benny Lava
31st December 2010, 07:27 PM

One of the very fine interviews of ARR :thumbsup: But Simi Garewal was over-dramatic... stupid media ppl :x

Sunil_M88
31st December 2010, 09:59 PM

Thanks Ajay

Emotionally strong and a truly inspirational interview... :| No words to define his magic.

Sunil_M88
31st December 2010, 10:01 PM
A Journey With AR Rahman in 2010- HAPPY NEW YEAR 2011 to A R fans - http://vodpod.com/watch/5228768-a-journey-with-ar-rahman-in-2010-happy-new-year-2011-to-a-r-fans.

Happy new year fellow Rahmaniacs, Love from Sunil!

venkkiram
1st January 2011, 10:14 AM
புத்தாண்டு வாழ்த்துக்கள் !

2011 ஆண்டு ரகுமானுக்கு பூரண ஓய்வைக் கொடுக்கட்டும். அல்லும் பகலும் உழைத்த மனமும் உடலும் இந்த வருடம் இளைப்பாரட்டும்.

இன்னொரு முறை Golden Globe, Oscar விருதுகள் கிடைக்கப் பெற்றால் இன்னும் மகிழ்ச்சி!

interz
1st January 2011, 10:51 PM
:cry: going to miss new songs by ARR in 2011, nevertheless. he has been here there and everywhere since oscar craze, so its understandable he takes a break from movie projects this year.

ajaybaskar
2nd January 2011, 11:29 AM
Rockstar music will fill the temporary vaccuum

satissh_r
2nd January 2011, 12:54 PM
Read a post in yahoogroups which says Gautam Menon is doing a movie called Thanga Meengal. Ivaru ethana padam plan pannuvaru? :confused2:

mahen01
2nd January 2011, 04:17 PM
No ARR songs for 2011. Bit sad for TFM. Is it only for Tamil movies? or Hindi movies as well?

My guess is he might accept 1 or 2 hindi movies.

baba88
2nd January 2011, 04:23 PM
In Tamil you will see the release of Rajnikanths HARA and in hindi there will be Rockstar. And ARR is not taking a break in 2011, he will be working on his own international album.

littlemaster1982
3rd January 2011, 06:12 AM
Read a post in yahoogroups which says Gautam Menon is doing a movie called Thanga Meengal. Ivaru ethana padam plan pannuvaru? :confused2:

Thanga Meengal is supposed to be directed by "Kattradhu Thamizh" Ram. GVM is producing it.

jaiganes
3rd January 2011, 06:26 AM
A creative genius of ARR will not rest. Offcourse what is going to pause is the production of film albums. I have a feeling that something huge and hitherto unseen direction is gonna emerge ..

ajaybaskar
3rd January 2011, 10:11 AM
Indha manushan romba freeya irukkaru pola.. :-)

A.R. Rahman in FB:

The period portions of Magadheera (Telugu) and the 8th reel of Robot are pieces of Indian cinema which blew my mind last year... I haven't watched many Indian films though... Been watching south Indian songs on a HD satellite receiver... A world of difference in sound and picture quality...

satissh_r
3rd January 2011, 10:16 AM
8th reel of Robot

Entha scena solraru?

satissh_r
3rd January 2011, 10:17 AM

Thanga Meengal is supposed to be directed by "Kattradhu Thamizh" Ram. GVM is producing it.

Oh ok, thanks master. The same article mentions thalaivar as the MD, is it confirmed?

Scale
3rd January 2011, 12:12 PM
8th reel of Robot

Entha scena solraru?

:lol: over kusumbuya ivarukka