PDA

View Full Version : ~~ Gadgets - Performance, Looks, Apps, Hottest Models ~~

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
21st July 2012, 01:24 PM
Warning: - Kind of Digression

Wizz, Real Emantha Sonagiri is RIM(Blackberry) Even Nokia has savior. And Jejajjaala Killaadi and very dangerous creatures are Apple and Msft. Blackberry spent and innovated a LOt of things in enterprise Smartphone platform only to loose all of them to apple and google :(

Msft - Its earning dollars on every Android device sold, in form of patents. Nowadays, Smartphone and Tablet are super hot and u patent any crap and tomorrow if Android Does it, file a suit and torture them. This is what msft is doing. Also see the loads of profit it makes in selling the Office. Today, there are not many ppl who use advanced features of Office and there are tons of alternatives. Even the learning cycle is not that tough. And there is Open Office for all platforms - Windows and Linux. But still this kedi is able to make money!

I am very happy that jealous msft couldnt make it to Smartfones and Tablets. So tomorrow, again these two platforms are gonna be merged to for a new PC platform(instead of Msft/Apple/Linux we will mostly have Apple/Google) and I am happy that there is no msft there.

apple - If Msft uses patent to snatch dollars apple uses them to stop the devices itself This is very dangerous trend and curbs innovation.

Its googleaandavar which is running the life of many, by giving tons of goodies just for free. Those who shout privacy etc, what harm has happened so far? Nobody imagined that all of our millions of search itself will create a market called Adsense which will enable Google with tons of dollors enuf to make many other free services like gmail, youtube, android for us to use and enjoy?!?

Wrt Privacy, we can see what exactly Google takes from us via dashboard. Thats in PC. for android mobile, there is an app LBE which exactly tells what app is taking what data and how to stop that. Can you imagine such an app in the walled jail apple? Infact many ifone ifad apps are allowed to steal data and there is just no way to monitor that.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
21st July 2012, 01:27 PM
@SKV I would be surprised if Nexus 7 retails for <12k in the Indian market..Apple have its wow factor working big time so don't be surprised if people queue up Aircel centers to lap up a 3 yr old Iphone :lol: things will surely hot up if Apple enters 7" segment and the Yemantha Sonnagiri M$ will miss the bus once again with their Surface ;-)

If google agressively markets Nexus7 here then even ipad mini wont be able to touch it becos of the price which apple will have. Only biggest minus is google is careless in bringing up apps for tablet formfactor.

Steve jobs Aavi would be happy that he is not alive to see apple making a mini version, a formfactor(7") which steve ridiculed once that they are Dead on Arrival! now that Kindle and Nexus7 are having a great share in market, apple'e nose turns red and jumps there to aattaya kalachufy

<queue up Aircel centers to lap up a 3 yr old Iphone> Well that shows the awareness of consumers!

kid-glove
21st July 2012, 06:09 PM
Having a problem with my Iphone. I got Kindle on it. I could download the books I purchased using Amazon.com

But the problem's when I want to load .mobi files using itunes.

Two options: (both not working)

1) Menu 'Add files to' from 'Books' tab. I have 89 books already, when I try to add 5 .mobi files to it, I'm not seeing the new books nor the book count increase. But when I do the same for .epub/.pdf, it's working fine. I'm able to sync and get those on my iphone other than /mobi formats.

2) Trying to drop files on Apps in 'Apps' tab. I see the Apps from iphone after 'Sync' but it's not available to be clicked. IOW, I'm unable to click on 'Kindle' icon even if it's on the display.

Got one solution, actually not quite a solution, other alternatives to Kindle.

Bala (Karthik)
22nd July 2012, 12:55 AM
Sahala
Why warn for digressions? Nice discussion there....

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
22nd July 2012, 02:20 AM
Bala, Oru sinna mild doubt, athaan!

Btw, today met few twitters (twitter Raja fans) incl Suresh65. Another twitter had Micromax funbook. Though have read many +ve reviews, saw that 1st time. Nice tablet, Actually Great for money! 5.7K in Online. Above 6 at many stores. Very decent and kind of steal for money. Will work for, and satisfy many. Those willing to try tablets/android can buy this without any thinking! Poor man's iPad! Even worth to buy for old ppl/parents, kids, as cost is not is almost nothing. THat twitter said its tough to getback the device from his kids. Did i forgot to say, its selling hotcakes!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-1e1q1NKfWN4/T4SEzgJLAvI/AAAAAAAACiI/o-hoqwEzBMk/s1600/Micromax+FunBook+front+view+display+screen+size.jp g

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
22nd July 2012, 04:00 AM
www.mysmartprice.com (http://www.mysmartprice.com) -> nice site which list otehr sites selling a product. Easy to compare who sells for low cost!

An example to check, starting with Micromax Funbook! -> http://www.mysmartprice.com/mobile/micromax-funbook-msp1774

Samsung Galaxy Note -> http://www.mysmartprice.com/mobile/samsung-galaxy-note-msp1479

From the same site, List of Android phones in India with price -> http://www.mysmartprice.com/mobile/pricelist/android-mobile-price-list-in-india.html

wizzy
22nd July 2012, 11:13 AM
yep Funbook is so popular that xda has put up a custom rom :thumbsup:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
22nd July 2012, 01:04 PM
A beginner's experience with Nexus7 -> http://www.twitlonger.com/show/if478h

மு.கு: இந்த நெக்சஸ்7 தான் என்னோட முதல் 'smart' வெளாட்டுப்பொருள். இன்னுஞ்சிலதுல்லாம் வெளாடிப்பாக்காட்டியும் இப்ப தோன்றதச் சொல்லிடுறேன்.

நான் வாங்குனது:
1. படிக்க, 2. பாட்டுகேட்டுட்டேபடிக்க, 3. இணையம்

-

1. முகப்பு: தன்னிச்சையா எதையும் புரிஞ்சும், தேடியும் எடுத்திடமுடியுறதா மாத்திட்டாங்க ஜெல்லிபீனை. கணினிமாதிரி tooltipலாம் இல்லாதது கொஞ்சநாளைக்குக் குழப்பமா இருக்கலாம்னு நினைக்கிறேன். நெக்சஸ்7ன்னு பாக்கப்போனா, நல்ல வேகம், தெளிவான வடிவமைப்பு, கூகிள்தரும் சேவைகள் எல்லாம் ஒருங்கிணைந்ததன் பலம். நச்.

2. நூல்கள்: பொதுவா கூகிளோட நூலகத்துல புதுசெல்லாம் இருக்குதுன்னாலும் சிலது விலையதிகமா இருக்கு. ஏற்கனவே அமேசான் பயன்படுத்திருந்தா, கிண்டில்வழியா மத்தது விலைகுறைவா இருக்குறத வாங்கிக்கலாம். கிண்டில்மாதிரி இன்னும் பலதும் இருக்கு: கோபோ, நூக். இதெல்லாம் இல்லன்னாலும் நம்மோடதைத் தரவேற்றுறது எளிதே.

2.1: மேல சொன்னதையே பாட்டு,படம்னு எல்லாத்துக்கும் சேத்துக்கலாம். படம்/தொ.கா. பார்க்கறதுக்கு வசதியா இருக்கு.

3. படிக்கிறசூழல்:
3.1: வீட்டில் (விளக்கோட/பகலில்) படிக்கிறதுதான் சரியான சூழல். ஒளியளவு கண்ணுக்கு எரிச்சல் தர்றதா இல்லை. 2மணிநேரம் தொடர்ந்து உக்காரமுடியுது. வெளியில படிக்கிறதுக்கு அவ்ளோ சுகப்படல. glareஅடிக்குது. ஒளியளவைச் சரிகட்டிக்கணும். இரவுகளில் வீட்டில் படுத்தபடிபடிக்கிறதும் இப்டித்தான். பகல்/இரவுன்னு தேர்வுகளிருந்தாலும், (மெல்லிசாச்சும்) விளக்கோட படிக்கிறதே தேவலாம்.

3.2: கிண்டில் பயன்படுத்தினவங்களுக்கும் ஏதுவா இருக்குறாப்ல நூல்முகப்பைவடிவமைச்சிருக்காங்க. இடப்பக்கம்/வலப்பக்கம் தட்டினாலோ/தேய்த்தாலோ பக்கங்கள் புரள்வதும், பக்கத்தின் மேல்முனையில் தேய்த்தால் bookmarkசெய்யவும் வசதி. அதை அப்படியே பகிர்ந்துக்கலாம்.

என்னளவில் படிக்கிறதுக்காக வாங்கினதால நெக்சஸ் 7இன்சுஅளவில் கனமில்லாமல் இருக்குறது பெரும்பலம். ஒரேகையால் பிடித்தபடி மணிக்கணக்கில் படிக்கலாம்.

4. இணையம்: இது கண்டிப்பா கணினியல்ல, கணினியில் செய்வதையெல்லாம் இதுல செய்யமுடியும்னு நான் எதிர்பார்க்கவுமில்ல. சின்ன சின்ன appsவச்சு வெளாடலாம், பொழுதுபோக்கலாம், பாட்டுகேக்கலாம், படம்பாக்கலாம், வரையலாம், ட்விட்டர், ஜிடாக்னு பேசலாம், ஓரளவுக்கு இணையத்தில் மேயலாம். இதுல்லாம் செய்யற அளவுலதான் இதோட விசைப்பலகை இருக்கு. அடுத்ததா 10இன்சுஅளவுல கொண்டுவந்தாங்கன்னா படிக்கிறது எப்டியிருக்கும்னு தெரியல.

4.1: முக்கியமானது: செய்தியோடைகள் மூலம் சேதி,பதிவுகள் படிக்கலாம்.

5. மத்தபடி appsமூலம் செய்யக்கூடியவை நிறைய இருக்கலாம், அவ்ளவா பாக்கல.

நன்றி. வணக்கம்.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
24th July 2012, 12:19 AM
iRepair based in bangalore, will service your apple devices

http://www.facebook.com/iRepairIndia?ref=stream

And they also sell iPad/iPhone for 3% less than Indian market rate

They also do unlocking services. Buy used iPhones for cheap in websites like craigslist and they will unlock the carrier etc

wizzy
26th July 2012, 02:39 PM
Funbook pro with a 10.1" inch screen from next month..they have also bumped up the ram/internal storage.

http://www.micromaxfunbook.com/features-pro.html

satissh_r
26th July 2012, 03:25 PM
Funbook pro with a 10.1" inch screen from next month..they have also bumped up the ram/internal storage.

http://www.micromaxfunbook.com/features-pro.html

Damn :( I got my 7" Funbook delivered only today

wizzy
26th July 2012, 04:01 PM
^which store? also 10.1" will be too big to lug around and all the upgrades seem cosmetic..hoping for this to be priced competitively like the 7" ones so the biggies will wake up and smell the coffee.

satissh_r
26th July 2012, 04:12 PM
Flipkart, yeah 10" might not be comfortable enough...

wizzy
26th July 2012, 06:41 PM
could you test its video play especially on full hd stuff?? //

satissh_r
26th July 2012, 09:15 PM
could you test its video play especially on full hd stuff?? //
Sure, will let you know tomorrow

satissh_r
27th July 2012, 11:05 PM
@Wizzy HD content looks decent on this tab, not pixelated. I played some song videos, football videos and Cricket too. If there is some aspect that you want me to check do let me know. Only negative for me so far is the lag that occurs time to time while switching between tasks.

wizzy
28th July 2012, 11:10 AM
thanks looking to replace WDTV...awaiting aadi thallupadi on Ainol's Aurora II else will buy one of these.

wizzy
31st July 2012, 10:40 AM
Pro is out..retails for 9999..same single core processor used by 7"

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
4th August 2012, 11:49 PM
Follow this twitter id, to get updates about Android.

ஆன்ட்ராய்ட் தமிழ் ‏@TamilDroid (https://twitter.com/TamilDroid)

Siv.S
7th August 2012, 06:41 PM
guys,do we really need a screen protector for these iphone,galaxy phones?? i read that gorilla glass screens doesn't need one and wont get scratched easily...

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
8th August 2012, 03:35 AM
Yaanai vaangitteenga, athai mEikka oru kuchi vaangamaatteengaLaa?? Btw, don;t pay more than Rs.100. Sila shops 200 300 nnu adichi viduvaanga

Btw, i noticed my cousin's 4S, It had some coating on it and he said no need of Scr-protection becos of this coating. Enakku athu pudikkave illa. It was (very very) slight matt finish. The Regular scr protection stickers are smooth as they are plastic.

hamid
8th August 2012, 08:04 AM
Anyone has HTC explorer which was bought in India? I do believe it has Tamil support and I need the fonts from tha mobile...

Just rooted and placed few fonts for Tamil support in my explorer ( which was bought in middleeast).. still the rendering is not so perfect...

and meanwhile, those who have android, if you have rooted your phone, then there is a way you can get support for tamil by placing a font in the system font directory.. thats what I have done.. can read Tamil throughout the phone [ browser, twitter, facebook etc]

Siv.S
8th August 2012, 11:57 AM
Yaanai vaangitteenga, athai mEikka oru kuchi vaangamaatteengaLaa?? Btw, don;t pay more than Rs.100. Sila shops 200 300 nnu adichi viduvaanga
Question athu illainga.. avalvu kaasu koduthu vaangittu athai oru plastic cover pottu maraikkirathu avasiyamaannu ketkuren... matha phones ok..Intha screens-lam konjam special aache athukkaka ketten...

Btw, i noticed my cousin's 4S, It had some coating on it and he said no need of Scr-protection becos of this coating. Enakku athu pudikkave illa. It was (very very) slight matt finish. The Regular scr protection stickers are smooth as they are plastic.
This is exactly i wanted to say,the look is not the same with the protector.. my colleague is using SGS2 for last 8 months without any protector.. no blemishes at all..

19thmay
8th August 2012, 12:12 PM
Planning to buy Micromax Funbook, how is the touch working?

satissh_r
8th August 2012, 02:11 PM

Touch is decent, but there is a lag when it comes to choosing between Apps..

wizzy
8th August 2012, 02:50 PM
Satissh_r on lag try those custom roms on XDA.

satissh_r
8th August 2012, 03:01 PM
Satissh_r on lag try those custom roms on XDA.

Never tried rooting before, can I go back to default if I goof up inbetween?

SoftSword
8th August 2012, 03:27 PM

oh is it good? enna vilai?

19thmay
8th August 2012, 03:35 PM
SS - I think its around 6K.

Sathish,

Tks, we can't speak with it right? But its possible through galaxy tab ah?

SoftSword
8th August 2012, 03:41 PM
great value for money then...
would buy one if more of u here say its good..

hamid
8th August 2012, 03:47 PM
6000?? ennenna features irukku? will it be a good one to buy for my kid to play games???

SoftSword
8th August 2012, 03:54 PM
6000?? ennenna features irukku? will it be a good one to buy for my kid to play games???

enna oru panakkaara thimiru...

un orumaasa sambalam enveettu naaikku naan seira orunaal selavu heroine maadhiri...

wizzy
8th August 2012, 03:59 PM
@ Satish_r depends on how much you goof up :lol: you always backup the stock rom in case of any eventuality whilst installing the custom rom.

hamid
8th August 2012, 04:16 PM
enna oru panakkaara thimiru...

un orumaasa sambalam enveettu naaikku naan seira orunaal selavu heroine maadhiri...

softu.. nee oru columbusya.. ennama kandu pidikkira :thumbsup: :lol:

satissh_r
8th August 2012, 04:39 PM
Sathish,

Tks, we can't speak with it right? But its possible through galaxy tab ah?

Speak meaning Voice search? Its possible on Funbook..

satissh_r
8th August 2012, 04:40 PM
@ Satish_r depends on how much you goof up :lol: you always backup the stock rom in case of any eventuality whilst installing the custom rom.

Thanks Wizzy, am wondering if I should do it without any help :confused2:

Nerd
8th August 2012, 05:16 PM
and meanwhile, those who have android, if you have rooted your phone, then there is a way you can get support for tamil by placing a font in the system font directory.. thats what I have done.. can read Tamil throughout the phone [ browser, twitter, facebook etc]
You don't need to do all that if you have an iPhone :poke: Right from the 2nd gen iPhones (which was 4-5 years back) it has been supporting thamizh

hamid
8th August 2012, 05:30 PM
You don't need to do all that if you have an iPhone :poke: Right from the 2nd gen iPhones (which was 4-5 years back) it has been supporting thamizh

ennayya periya iPhone-u? :lol: we bought one for my friend 3-4 days back.. [and since you are away on gTalk I didnt call you].. we tried to open the back cover to put the SIM card for 15-20 mins and got frustrated actually..that was at 1.30 AM in the morning...I was saying.. oru gap iruntha pothumda..open panniralaam :lol: . then tried youtube in my phone and found the way to put the micro SIM card :|

But I am not sure whether it is worth paying that much for the iPhone since I have an iPod which has most of the apps/functions of an iPhone..

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
8th August 2012, 05:40 PM

You mean, out of the box, you get systemwide tamil font support? Able to type tamil everywhere, and able to see tamil not just in browser but also in all possible apps?

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
8th August 2012, 05:43 PM
Everybody, Funbook is a popular tab and its almost the 1st tablet here in india, to go out of stock in some sties! Its (atleast 50%) steal for the money, such a low cost.

Touch ellaam nalla thaan work aaguthu, u can touch the tablet anywhere outside, both front back and even the 4 sides, no issues

(chummaattamaas! It has capacitive touch and so no issues)

hamid
8th August 2012, 05:45 PM
Everybody, Funbook is a popular tab and its almost the 1st tablet here in india, to go out of stock in some sties! Its (atleast 50%) steal for the money, such a low cost.

Touch ellaam nalla thaan work aaguthu, u can touch the tablet anywhere outside, both front back and even the 4 sides, no issues
(chummaattamaas! It has capacitive touch and so no issues)
Sakala,

office pakathu seat pigara ninachittu solringa pola :lol:

Nerd
8th August 2012, 06:15 PM
Hamid, iPod-aa? iTouch-aa? endha generation?

You mean, out of the box, you get systemwide tamil font support? Able to type tamil everywhere, and able to see tamil not just in browser but also in all possible apps?
I have never tried typing in thamizh on an iPhone. Now they have built-in Hindi keypad which comes out of the box and I hope there are apps to enable thamizh typing, but yes right from 2008 you can see thamizh on Safari / twitter / facebook - basically all apps.

hamid
8th August 2012, 06:26 PM
Nerd, I have .4th gen ipod touch with ios 5.1. Send me ur appleid in pm, then i can send imesaagw to u..

wizzy
8th August 2012, 06:34 PM
Thanks Wizzy, am wondering if I should do it without any help :confused2:

RMA konjam risk thaen..read up on rooting and do it only you are absolutely sure.

kid-glove
8th August 2012, 06:39 PM
Having a problem with my Iphone. I got Kindle on it. I could download the books I purchased using Amazon.com

But the problem's when I want to load .mobi files using itunes.

Two options: (both not working)

1) Menu 'Add files to' from 'Books' tab. I have 89 books already, when I try to add 5 .mobi files to it, I'm not seeing the new books nor the book count increase. But when I do the same for .epub/.pdf, it's working fine. I'm able to sync and get those on my iphone other than /mobi formats.

2) Trying to drop files on Apps in 'Apps' tab. I see the Apps from iphone after 'Sync' but it's not available to be clicked. IOW, I'm unable to click on 'Kindle' icon even if it's on the display.

Could aforementioned file formats (mobi, epub) be read on Funbook?

Nerd
8th August 2012, 06:43 PM
Nerd, I have .4th gen ipod touch with ios 5.1. Send me ur appleid in pm, then i can send imesaagw to u..

adhu ennanga iMessage? (idhula Sun TV varumaa). Will PM you.

wizzy
8th August 2012, 06:52 PM
Could aforementioned file formats (mobi, epub) be read on Funbook?

Nook,Kindle apps are available..should be a breeze on any Android tablets but Funbook screen is dire for reading ebooks..check out Aurora II..comes with IPS panel+dual core..costs around 8k.

kid-glove
8th August 2012, 06:57 PM
So you're suggesting Aurora to Kindle even?

kid-glove
8th August 2012, 06:58 PM
Which one with near zero reflection?

wizzy
8th August 2012, 07:09 PM
I hate matte screens..seems dull..Aurora II uses the same panel used by IPad 2 so its your choice..Kindle pales in comparison to Aurora II on specs...would say even better than Nexus 7 for more http://www.uplaytablet.com/compare-the-spec-of-google-nexus-7-and-ainol-novo-7-aurora-ii-aurora-2/

kid-glove
8th August 2012, 07:12 PM
How do we buy from a third world country with VISA enabled debit card?

wizzy
8th August 2012, 07:21 PM
have bought stuff from Mp4nation.net using a Visa Debit card even yam totally sold on getting one of these but Ainol is releasing a Aurora III(Flame) with 1280*800 IPS screen and 5000MAh battery in a weeks time so expecting Aurora II prices to take a dip

Nerd
8th August 2012, 07:29 PM
Hamid - Couldnt able to send PM -
I got iPhone 4, but haven't downloaded 5.1 iOS yet :oops:

hamid
8th August 2012, 07:36 PM
oh.. okay..do the upgrade soon :)

Cleared a few msgs in my inbox...

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
9th August 2012, 12:21 AM
Sakala,

office pakathu seat pigara ninachittu solringa pola :lol:
verupethaatheenga saar! btw, funbook i have tried, its a steal for the money!

Siv.S
9th August 2012, 12:14 PM
I have never tried typing in thamizh on an iPhone. Now they have built-in Hindi keypad which comes out of the box and I hope there are apps to enable thamizh typing, but yes right from 2008 you can see thamizh on Safari / twitter / facebook - basically all apps.
Galaxys-laiyum ithe than... :huh: Hamid typing-kku etho solraronnu ninaichen...

Nerd
9th August 2012, 05:32 PM
yOv adhellaam onniyum varalaiyaa.. May be the latest galaxy with the latest OS. I bought my wife's galaxy S2 actually last year and all I see is boxes for thamizh :hammer:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
9th August 2012, 07:42 PM
Nerd, உங்களுக்கும் இஸ்கு இஸ்கு என்று தான் கேட்கும். Becos Indic is enabled in kernel level ONLY in Indian phones! US ஐ பொருத்தவரை அனைவரும் (நீர் உள்பட) வெள்ளைக்காரங்க தானே! அவன் எதுக்கு தமிழ் ஃபாண்ட் போட்டுத்தரப்போறான்?!?

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
9th August 2012, 07:46 PM
Samsung can give the Font as installable app so that any Samsung phone owner can install it, despite of Region. It can even safely lock it so it cannot be used by other phone users. Samsung kku paathi MooLai thaan irukku, other android OEMs kku athu kooda kidayaathu, wrt this font issue.

Nerd
9th August 2012, 07:53 PM
Why even go to font level? It does not even support unicode text on websites.

iPhone largest market share is perhaps the USA, but it started supporting tamil text / unicode from iOS 3.0.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
9th August 2012, 08:12 PM
Unicode, yes, Its purely Googleandavar's blunder. Support is there from 4.0 only.

And, Unicode vechikittu eppadinga browser maathiriye (Facebook/Twitter) apps layum Tamil Fonts viewable?!?

venkkiram
10th August 2012, 10:09 AM
Colleague recently bought Samsung S3 one month before and it is so far good except one major issues he facing. whenever he makes to call to any number that involves automated voices which asking him to key in some numbers, the screen become dark (screen light off) and he unable to continue typing onto the key bad. This error behavior forces him to disconnect the call. He went to nearby store and tried with replaced one also. No luck. The only S3 supporter in my team(me) is cornered by other Apple fans/consumers. Bad time for me!

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
10th August 2012, 11:26 AM
I guess its the proximity sensor issue. In an android fone, once u make a call and take the fone near ur ear, the screen automatically is turned off. This is to both save the batt and very imp, avoid false touches while talking.

Ur friend can test this by calling to a normal number and then ask him to close the proximity sensor by his fingers, keeping the fone vertically. the screen shud turn off. Then if he removes his finger, and tilt the fone to flat position, the screen shud lit up again.

Now, if he is able to turn this feature off in setting, the above said problem could be solved. Try to disable screen-off temporarily and test the above said thing. Screen shud never be allowed to turn off in any case.

Another simple solution is, this proximity stuff wont work if u put the call in speaker fone mode, in that mode the screen shud not turn off.

Siv.S
10th August 2012, 03:02 PM
yOv adhellaam onniyum varalaiyaa.. May be the latest galaxy with the latest OS. I bought my wife's galaxy S2 actually last year and all I see is boxes for thamizh :hammer:
Yes i was talking about S3.. it supports the unicode..

Nerd
10th August 2012, 05:32 PM
And, Unicode vechikittu eppadinga browser maathiriye (Facebook/Twitter) apps layum Tamil Fonts viewable?!?
Boss, to read tweets / to read facebook its OK if you just have unicode. Because most tweets are unicode based. But you need an Indic font to be able to see thamizh in apps (for example if you want the app name to be displayed in thamizh). andha support-um oru 3-4 years-aa irukku iPhone-la.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
10th August 2012, 07:15 PM
Its a known thing that Apps need Indic font and Browser needs Unicode, to display tamil fonts. So, 3 4 yrs b4, u didnt do anything and Facebook/Twitter Apps had tamil viewable, just out of the box? therinjikka thaan ketkiren!

venkkiram
10th August 2012, 07:27 PM
Thanks Sakala.

In an android fone, once u make a call and take the fone near ur ear, the screen automatically is turned off. This is to both save the batt and very imp, avoid false touches while talking.

User not even completing the key-in numbers and screen is turned off!

How come they release a product without addressing a basic requirement that involves the user inputs? Such bugs are unforgivable!

Nerd
10th August 2012, 08:17 PM
Colleague recently bought Samsung S3 one month before and it is so far good except one major issues he facing. whenever he makes to call to any number that involves automated voices which asking him to key in some numbers, the screen become dark (screen light off) and he unable to continue typing onto the key bad. This error behavior forces him to disconnect the call. He went to nearby store and tried with replaced one also. No luck. The only S3 supporter in my team(me) is cornered by other Apple fans/consumers. Bad time for me!
Isn't it the behavior on iPhones too? The purpose is to stop the phone from disconnecting the call / do some unintended things with the touch of your ear / cheeks etc. But once you take the phone off your ear, the screen turns on automatically (iPhone / S2).

Its a known thing that Apps need Indic font and Browser needs Unicode, to display tamil fonts. So, 3 4 yrs b4, u didnt do anything and Facebook/Twitter Apps had tamil viewable, just out of the box? therinjikka thaan ketkiren!
Yes-nga. I have never messed with my phone ever.

app_engine
10th August 2012, 08:22 PM
Really?

With a Samsung phone that's supposedly the competitor to i-phone?

Screen goes off before entering suffixes? Which is as basic nowadays as ability to talk :shock:

Hard to believe :roll:

Bala (Karthik)
10th August 2012, 08:25 PM
Isn't it the behavior on iPhones too? The purpose is to stop the phone from disconnecting the call / do some unintended things with the touch of your ear / cheeks etc. But once you take the phone off your ear, the screen turns on automatically (iPhone / S2).

Adhaane.
Depending on the phone casing (is that what it is called?), the "closing" kind, the phone might think it's you (face) even after you have moved it away from your face/ear, while it is actually the casing cover

venkkiram
10th August 2012, 08:26 PM
Isn't it the behavior on iPhones too? The purpose is to stop the phone from disconnecting the call / do some unintended things with the touch of your ear / cheeks etc. But once you take the phone off your ear, the screen turns on automatically (iPhone / S2). He just simulated this behavior to me by holding the mobile in hand itself. After the automated voice appears , he is responding by key-in the numbers (say 12345) and the screen turns off in between. He could not even complete key-in all the numbers. How could he do when virtual keypad disappears :)?

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
10th August 2012, 09:02 PM
the 13th item is the proxmity sensor responsible for this If we close it with fingers, screen shud turn off. There are apps to test it, too.

Venki, howz the behavior in Speaker mode. And did u turn off the screen-saver/display off thing and test?

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g84/robo21/proximity-sensor.jpg

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
11th August 2012, 02:11 AM
Tablets explode ur innovation, nnu naan sonnen. aarum kekkala. iPad ai veche, antha statement ai reinstate panna vechittaanuva :avvvvv:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/53_qvMQfvOE

Siv.S
12th August 2012, 05:16 PM
Yes-nga. I have never messed with my phone ever.
No Jailbreaking/Rooting ??

Nerd
12th August 2012, 10:45 PM
No Jailbreaking/Rooting ??
illeeng. Whats the need? Also I am sort of technologically challenged these days :oops:

Siv.S
13th August 2012, 11:43 AM
illeeng. Whats the need? Also I am sort of technologically challenged these days :oops:
good for you :lol: my friend did it for his S2,eppavum athey kathinnu ethaiyavathu nondittu iruppan.... oru naal super.. onnoru naal ayyo than avan reaction... but it is true that the performance really changed after the rooting,the ROM runs faster than stock...but if you are happy with it as stock rooting is really not necessary i guess..

ajithfederer
13th August 2012, 07:09 PM
Isn't Jail breaking illegal, at-least in the us I heard it was. Have a I phone question?. Should I wait for Iphone 5 or should I buy 4s???

Nerd
13th August 2012, 07:59 PM
illegal-aa? jail-la vechiruvaanuvalO :lol2: Its just that you d lose your warranty if you do it within 1 year of purchase.

iPhone 5 september for sure (with Samsung creating ripples in the USA for the first time since apple started making phones). So wait.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
13th August 2012, 09:00 PM
Any laptop suggestions?! 30-40K Range.

I want Acer Aspire TimelineX 5830T but its out of stock :(

http://www.flipkart.com/acer-5830t-timelinex-laptop/p/itmd5zw5grzscewf?pid=COMD5ZW4SZJT63YF&ref=73ae2c4b-09cb-469f-b7a6-62094aeb0eac

Excellent Lappy! Pros are i3 2nd Gen, 8Hrs Batt, Slim & LightWeight, Win7Basic, all for this Price! (32K)

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
13th August 2012, 09:13 PM
Reading many tech reviews. Btw, had anyone used both an i3 and i5 Laptop and found any significant difference? Seems like many i5 (2nd Gen) Lappys available in 30-35K Range.

wizzy
13th August 2012, 09:39 PM
6cell on 15.6" inch screen and 8 hr backup...no freaking way..ultrabooks barely gives 9 hrs..if you intend to do video encoding/rendering go for i5 else i3 2nd gen should suffice for most of the work... also 15"+ screens have become redundant..any specific reason in opting for??

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
13th August 2012, 10:18 PM
me not travelling mostly. so this lappy is 99% a desktop replacement. thus bigger screen. also i slightly dislike smaller screens except tablets. and the full size keypad which i like. rightnow suffering with a dying 15.4 hp

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
13th August 2012, 10:20 PM
my need has development. compiling, kernel etc. rightnow, even with a -j4 option in linux terminal, compiling is not too greatly fast. its just ok. So me too thinking of i5 but i need atleast 6hrs backup within 30K! fossible?!

wizzy
13th August 2012, 10:52 PM
it is a tradeoff..15" would need atleast 8 cell batt to muster 6hrs with i5..within 30k only Dell possible with employee discount.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
13th August 2012, 10:56 PM
I am seeing many i5 ones with 15.6, though yes battery may be 6 cell. I guess Linux(Ubuntu) will drain batt slower than windows.

Generally what batt life are 14" ones offering?

wizzy
13th August 2012, 11:05 PM
Ubuntu sucks in power management and batt. drains like mad..I use Asus U46e with 8cell gives around 8-9h in Win 7 pro and 5-6h in Ubuntu with RC 6 enabled.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
13th August 2012, 11:10 PM
thats shocking! I always thought Ubuntu will save more, as it is less graphics intensive, lightweight os than Windows

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
14th August 2012, 08:18 AM
Was reading some sites about the difference btw Intel Core i3 & i5. Actually ended up with some confusions!

1. This site -> http://www.brighthub.com/computing/hardware/articles/61150.aspx says so

Verdict

The differences between the processors are clear. The i5 is quad core, the i3 isn't. The i5 has Turbo Boost, the i3 doesn't. The i3 has hyper-threading, while i5 doesn't.

I went to Intel site and found that NONE of the i5(1st, 2nd & 3rd Gen) are Quad Cores! All i5 are just Dual Cores and has 4 Threads.

And this - > The i3 has hyper-threading, while i5 doesn't. This is also not true! Both i3 and i5 had Hyper Threading! This is the quality of writing!

2. I was comparing some of i3 variants in Intel site - > http://ark.intel.com/compare/53442,53438,53434,52220

The comparison page has a nice feature. If you click this check box - Highlight rows with differences, it will highlight the rows which has differences in Green color. Under the Advanced TechnologiesIntel option, see the 1st option Turbo Boost Technology, ALL the i3 cores doesn't have this feature and All are indicated NO. But This row is highlighted. One is forced to think is there any differences not mentioned in this page!

3. Was comparing some i7 Lappys at Flipkart -> http://www.flipkart.com/computers/compare?ids=COMD9SU6UG29VZCY,COMD65DCTZN89XH9,COMD 7ATU4D3THDZP,COMD7NX7YKDSR6NZ

Here the confusion was about price! All the 4 laptops are Core i7 (2nd Generation) Variants. 3 laptops has 2670QM which are priced around 48-52K but 2620M is 68K. Actually this variant 2620M has many features less than the other i7 variants! Check here -> http://ark.intel.com/compare/53469,52231 Even if you leave out minor differences, the other 3laptops has 4 Cores and 8 Threads whereas this had only half! 2 cores and 4 threads which even many i3 cores have! Though there are handful of features missing in the low cost 2670QM, which are present in 2620M, those features are present even in i5 and i3! So if a consumer thinks i7 is the top notch CPU that goes wrong wrt this laptop! I am wondering, on what basis OEMs are pricing Laptops, is there any strategy?!? If there is any clear advantages of buying this costly 68K laptop, they should be clearly, highlighted no?

4. About Turbo Boosting, which is nothing but another confusing name for Overclocking, Se here -> http://mintywhite.com/more/hardware-more/i3-i5-i7-quad-core-dual-core/#comment-512257592
This guy says he overclocks his i5 Desktop to 4GHz! Thats possible but its possible only in Desktops! not in Laptops. So whats great advantage of having an i5 which cannot be much overclocked in laptop!

And intel had put some hardware for virtualization, in i5. Even if assuming this is a needed feature, wondering how many OS virtualization softwares will make use of it! The same Softwares has to run anyways in i3s/core3 duos/dualcores too! I remember an old feature called MMX in intel CPUs which are extra Multimedia instructions which are almost never used by any softwares, fearing backward compatibility issues. Even today, many of features of Graphics Card/Controller, available in hardware level is not made use of, fearing same compatibility issues and all the burden is let on CPU only.

So the bottom line is, I don't see much difference btw i3 and i5 at all! The extra features aren't having much use cases which make them mandatory. Biggest of all is, i5 is NOT quad-core! But some guys are confusing with this Threads! Threads are NOT physical cores and even the i3 has SAME no of threads like i5! Very commonly, advices like, "If you are a Gamer, if you do intensive tasks, go to i5 and it won't get outdated as fast as i3" Thats not true! If you really want high power in laptop, i7 is the only way to go! I don't find much differences btw i3 and i5.

CPU is one of the most important aspect but Intel is not providing things clear cut, which leads some ppl to give misleading facts.

If any corrections, I am more happy to know that!

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
23rd August 2012, 05:15 PM
http://news.efytimes.com/e1/89311/Budget-Android-Tablets-In-India-Below-Rs

Budget 7" Android Tablets In India Below Rs 10,000 (http://www.efytimes.com/e1/fullnews.asp?edid=89311&magid=11)

A complete list of Android tablets under Rs 10,000 that are available in India.

All the tablets listed below run at least Android 2.3 Gingerbread and have a screen size of 7"

BSNL-Pantel T-Pad IS701R @Rs 3,999: 1 GHz Processor, Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS, 256 MB DDR II RAM, 2 GB internal memory expandable up to 32 GB via SD card. Complete spec sheet here (http://www.pantel.in/tablet/t-pad-is701r-34.html).

BSNL-Pantel T-Pad IS701C @Rs 4,999: Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich, 512 MB DDRIII RAM. Complete spec sheet here (http://www.pantel.in/tablet/t-pad-is701c-41.html).

BSNL-Pantel T-Pad IS703C @Rs 6,499: Cortex A8 1GHz, 1GB DDRIII RAM, Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. Complete spec sheet here (http://www.pantel.in/tablet/t-pad-is703c-40.html).

BSNL-Pantel T-Pad IS801C @Rs 9,499: 8 inchHD 1024x768 Capacitive Touch Aspect Ratio 4:3, Cortex A8 Processor 1 GHz, Android Ice Cream Sandwich. Complete spec sheet here (http://www.pantel.in/tablet/t-pad-is801c-39.html).

Champion W Tab 7.2 @Rs 4,899: 1.5GHz processor, 512MB of RAM, Android Ice Cream Sandwich, 17.8-cm capacitive display, front camera.

Go Tech Funtab Fit @Rs 6,999: Android Ice Cream Sandwich OS, 1 GHz processor, DDR3 512 MB RAM. Complete spec sheet here (http://www.go-tech.in/specifications.php).

GoTech Funtab Fusion @Rs 3,999: Android 2.3, 256 MB RAM. Click here (http://www.go-tech.in/funtab-fusion/) for complete spec sheet.

HCL ME Tablet X1 @Rs 7,999: 1 Ghz CPU, Multiple Connectivity options – USB, Wifi and 3G/CDMA USB Dongle, Capacitive Multi-touch Screen, Play Full HD 1080p videos & Seamless Display Quality, In-built Flash Player, 24x7 HCL Touch Support. Click here (http://www.hclstore.in/categories/HCL-Handheld-Devices-ME-Tablets/cid-CU00009369.aspx) to know more.

HCL Me Tab U1 @Rs 7,999: Android 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich), High-performance Cortex A8 1GHz Processor, Multiple Connectivity options – USB port, Wifi and 3G USB Dongle, Capacitive Touch Dispaly,7 inches 800x480 pixels, 24x7 HCL Touch Support. Click here (http://www.hclstore.in/categories/HCL-Handheld-Devices-ME-Tablets/cid-CU00009369.aspx) to know more.

HCL My Edu Tab @Rs 8,999 to 10,999: Educational tab from HCL. Technical specifications are same, price depends on the education content. Click here (http://www.hclstore.in/categories/HCL-Handheld-Devices-ME-Tablets/cid-CU00009369.aspx) to know more.

iBerry Auxus AX03G @Rs 9,990: 1.0 GHz ARM Cortex A8 processor with dual Mali-400 GPU, Android 4.0, 1GB RAM. Full spec sheet (http://iberry.asia/auxus_ax02.php).

ICE Xtreme @Rs 6,999: Android Ice Cream Sandwich, Allwinner A10 SoC. Click here (http://icexelectronics.com/product.html) to know more.

Karbonn Smart Tab 1 @Rs 6,990: Upgradable to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, 1.2 GHz Xburst processor, 2 MP front camera. Full spec sheet (http://www.karbonnmobiles.com/karbonn-ST1-proid-48.html).

Mercury mTab @Rs 9,499: Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), 1.2 GHz ARM 11 processor with OpenGL 3D accelerator and VPU for 1080 hard encoding. Full spec sheet (http://www.mercury-pc.com/p-tablet.php).

Micromax Funbook @Rs 6,499: 17.8-cm capacitive touch screen, Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, 1.2 GHz Cortex-A8, Dual Mali-400MP GPU, 512 MB. Full spec sheet (http://efytimes.com/e1/www.micromaxfunbook.com/).

Micromax Funbook Pro @Rs 9,990: 25.8-cm (10-inch) capacitive touch screen, Android Ice Cream Sandwich, 1GB RAM. Full spec sheet (http://efytimes.com/e1/www.micromaxfunbook.com/).

Swipe 3D Life Tab X74 @Rs 5,999: 17.8-cm TFT capacitive touchscreen display with a resolution of 800x480. The device is powered by Allwinner A13 Cortex A8 CPU clocked at 1.2GHz-1.5GHz and also has the Mali-400 GPU along with 512MB of RAM.

Swipe Float Tab x78 priced @Rs 6,999: 17.8-cm capacitive touch screen, metal shell chasing, 1.5GHz Boxchip A13 processor, Mali-400 GPU, 512MB of RAM, 2.0MP front facing camera, Wi-Fi and support for an external 3G dongle.

Swipe Halo TabX74S @Rs 8,999: 17.8-cm TFT capacitive touch screen with a resolution of 480x800, an Allwinner A10 Cortex A8 processor clocked at 1.2GHz-1.5GHz, Mali-400 GPU, 1GB of RAM, 4GB built-in storage expandable up to 16GB via microSD card, 1080p HD video playback support, 1.3MP front camera and a 2.0MP rear camera.

WishTel IRA Thing 2 @Rs 6,500: Android 4.0 (Ice-cream Sandwich), 1.5 Ghz Processor and 512MB RAM, 4GB Nand Flash, supports upto 32GB MmicroSD Card and 32 GB USB Stick.

Xtab A10 4GB @Rs 5,490, Xtab A10 8GB @Rs 6,990: Android Ice Cream Sandwich. Click here (http://nxgelectronics.in/) to know more.

Zen UltraTab A100 @Rs 5,999: 1.2 GHz processor / MALI 400 , Android 4.0.3 OS , 1.3 MP front camera with digital zoom.

Zync Z919 @Rs 6,490: Android OS 2.3 Gingerbread1.2 GHz Processor512 MB DDR3 RAM2 Point Multi-touchDisplay -7 Inches Resistive Touch Screen800 x 480 Pixels ResolutionHardware -Front CameraG-SensorStereo SpeakersMemory -4 GB Internal StorageExpandable upto 32 GBConnectivity -External 3G SupportUSB v2.0WifiHDMI. Full spec sheet (http://www.zync.in/index.php/2012-02-23-10-06-38/zync-z919-android-2-3-tablet-pc-detail).

Zync Z909 Plus @Rs 5,190:Android OS 2.3 Gingerbread1 GHz Processor256 MB DDR3 RAM2 Point Multi-touchDisplay -7 Inches Resistive Touch Screen800 x 480 Pixels ResolutionHardware -Front CameraG-SensorStereo SpeakersMemory -4 GB Internal StorageExpandable upto 32 GBConnectivity -External 3G SupportUSB v2.0Wifi. Full spec sheet (http://www.zync.in/index.php/2012-02-23-10-06-38/zync-z909-plus-detail).

Zync Z990 Plus @Rs 6,990:Android OS 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich1.5 GHz Processor1 GB DDR3 RAMVivante Gc430, run 3D games smoothly5 Point Multi-touchDisplay -7 Inches Capacitive Touch Screen16 Million Color Depth800 x 480 Pixels ResolutionHardware -Front Camera - 0.3 MPG-SensorStereo SpeakersMemory -4 GB Internal StorageExpandable upto 32 GBConnectivity -External 3G Dongle Support *USB v2.0WifiHDMI.
Full spec sheet (http://www.zync.in/index.php/2012-02-23-10-06-38/zync-z990-pus-detail).

venkkiram
23rd August 2012, 06:03 PM
Sakala, your best pick(s) from the above list and reasons? Thanks.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
23rd August 2012, 08:25 PM
வென்கி, எல்லரும் மொள்ளமாரிப்பயக தான்! Means, all are China tablets! Not much difference. All you have to do is look for decent hardware specs and OS Version. But the problem is, there may be hardware issues in some brands but they will be known only if someone uses and post a comment. So going by that it is safe to buy Funbook 7" as it is having heavy amount of reviews and mostly they are positive. Going by the trend, may be Funbook Pro the 10" also shud be good enuf! Its Specs are nice -> http://www.micromaxfunbook.com

From one of my old posts

If you are buying a tablet, check for following

Atleast 1 GHz CPU. Better if its dual core.

Atleast 512 MB Internal RAM. 1Gb better

Atleast 4 GB internal Flash, 16 GB SD Card

Battery if its 7 inch tablet, around 4000 mAH, if 10 inch tablet, shud be 7000 mAH

Display resolution 800x480 for 7 inch & 1024x800 for 10 inch

GPS, USB, Wifi, Bluetooth, HDMI, Accelerometer, Compass, Gyroscope, Capacitive Touch screen(Avoid Resistive touch) Speakers Mic,

Screen Protector is must

Rear camera 5MP with Flash, Front camera atleast 0.3MP,

Android OS above Version 3.0

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
25th August 2012, 08:57 AM
Samsung Ordered to Pay Apple $1.05B in Patent Case (http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory/verdict-reached-epic-apple-samsung-case-17076472) :shock:

http://thenextweb.com/mobile/2012/08/25/the-apple-vs-samsung-verdict-heres-means/#8211;%20Here&#039;s%20what%20it%20means%20for%20you

ajithfederer
25th August 2012, 12:23 PM
http://www.thehindu.com/business/companies/article3820137.ece?homepage=true

ajithfederer
27th August 2012, 10:30 AM
Analysis: How Apple overwhelmed Samsung's patent case tactics

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/08/27/us-apple-samsung-legal-idUSBRE87Q02K20120827

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
27th August 2012, 11:09 AM
Direct link for the image -> http://i.imgur.com/Fh1ws.jpg

Report ->A breakdown of Google's top advertisers | Techi.com (http://www.techi.com/2012/03/a-breakdown-of-googles-top-advertisers/)

:notworthy: :clap: for creating a $37Billion Industry out of virtually nothing!

http://i.imgur.com/Fh1ws.jpg

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
28th August 2012, 08:59 AM
Android Vs iOS Apps Side by Side Comparison

by the famous Android Geek @Wicked4u2c (https://twitter.com/Wicked4u2c)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8XRtSGVByM

ajithfederer
28th August 2012, 11:50 AM
Eight Samsung phones facing immediate ban
Reuters | Aug 28, 2012, 10.22AM IST

Apple is seeking speedy bans on the sale of eight Samsung phones, moving swiftly to translate its resounding court victory over its rival into a tangible business benefit.

The world's most valuable company wasted no time in identifying its targets on Monday: eight older-model smartphones, including the Galaxy S2 and Droid Charge. While Apple's lawsuit encompassed 28 devices, many of those accused products are no longer widely available in the world's largest mobile market.

Although Samsung's flagship Galaxy S III phone was not included in the trial, the jury validated Apple's patents on features and design elements that the US company could then try to wield against that device. Apple may not have to seek a new trial over the S III, but can include it in a "contempt proceeding" that moves much faster, according to legal experts.

Many on Wall Street believe Apple now has momentum behind it in the wake of its near-complete triumph over the South Korean company on Friday.

"The evidence and weight of the case are heavily in Apple's favor," said Jefferies & Co analyst Peter Misek. "We expect there's a two-thirds chance of an injunction against Samsung products."

An injunction hearing has been set for September 20. If US District Judge Lucy Koh grants sales bans, Samsung will likely seek to put them on hold pending the outcome of its appeal.

Samsung said it will take all necessary measures to ensure the availability of its products in the US market. A source familiar with the situation said Samsung has already started working with US carriers about modifying infringing features to keep products on the market should injunctions be granted.

Apple's win on Friday strengthens its position ahead of the iPhone 5's expected September 12 launch and could cement its market dominance as companies using Google Inc's Android operating system - two-thirds of the global market - may be forced to consider design changes, analysts say.

Apple was awarded $1.05 billion in damages after a US jury found Samsung had copied critical features of the iPhone and iPad. The verdict could lead to an outright ban on sales of key Samsung products.

Apple's stock scored another record high on Monday.

While the victory does not cover new Samsung products including the Galaxy S III, Apple will push its case on these products in the near-term, Evercore Partners analyst Mark McKechnie said.

"While a ban would likely increase Apple's leading smartphone share in the US market, we believe this verdict could lead to Samsung also delaying near-term product launches as it attempts to design around Apple's patents," Canaccord Genuity analysts said in a note.

Tooth-and-nail
Apple's shares gained 1.9 per cent to close at $675.68, tacking on another $12 billion-plus to its already historically leading market value. Samsung lost about the same amount in market capitalization as its shares slid 7.5 per cent in Seoul.

Samsung shares rebounded 1.8 per cent on Tuesday.

"The ruling marks an important victory for Apple against Android. Competitors may now think twice about how they compete in smart mobility devices with the industry's clear innovator," Barclays analyst Ben Reitzes wrote on Monday. "If Apple forces competitors to innovate more, it could take longer for competitive products to come to market, and make it more expensive to develop them."

The victory for Apple - which upended the smartphone industry in 2007 with the iPhone - is a big blow to Google, whose Android software powers the Samsung products found to have infringed on patents. Google and its hardware partners, including the company's own Motorola unit, could now face legal hurdles in their effort to compete with the Apple juggernaut.

Google shares closed 1.4 per cent lower at $669.22. Microsoft, a potential beneficiary if smartphone makers begin to seek out Android alternatives, ended up 0.4 per cent. Nokia, which has staked its future on Windows phones, gained 7.7 per cent.

Even Research in Motion - which has hemorrhaged market share to Apple and Google - climbed more than 5 per cent, before ending 2 per cent higher.

"The mobile industry is moving fast and all players, including newcomers, are building upon ideas that have been around for decades," Google responded in a Sunday statement. "We work with our partners to give consumers innovative and affordable products, and we don't want anything to limit that."

The verdict came as competition in the device industry is intensifying, with Google jumping into hardware for the first time with the Nexus 7 and Microsoft's touchscreen-friendly Windows 8 coming in October, led by its " Surface" tablet.

Samsung, which sold around 50 million phones between April and June - almost twice the number of iPhones - will have to pay damages equivalent to just 1.5 per cent of the annual revenue from its telecoms business.

"The verdict does not come as a surprise," wrote William Blair & Co analysts. "From Apple's perspective, Samsung's market position and its leadership in the handset world was something the company could no longer overlook, and viewing this as another 'imitation is a form of flattery' was not possible."

"Companies such as Samsung, who we categorize as fast followers, have been viewed by the industry for their ability to quickly adopt the latest handset trends ... rather than their ability to introduce fundamental innovation."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tech/news/telecom/Eight-Samsung-phones-facing-immediate-ban/articleshow/15879131.cms

littlemaster1982
29th August 2012, 05:07 PM
Microsoft's new logo

http://blogs.technet.com/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/communityserver-blogs-components-weblogfiles/00-00-00-80-73-metablogapi/2112.msftlogo_5F00_lg_5F00_57CAED14.jpg

Don't know what were these guys thinking :sigh2:

SoftSword
29th August 2012, 05:10 PM
going 25 yrs back...

selvakumar
30th August 2012, 11:44 AM
That new logo from MS resembles their new Metro theme and the launch screen of their mobile OS. With Samsung[Android] out, Nokia has a great opportunity to win the market back with MS Windows for Mobile. Let us see what they do

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
30th August 2012, 03:46 PM
சாம்சங்கு:- இந்தாடா, நான் போடுற பிச்சை! அப்டியே அள்ளிக்கிட்டு ஒடிப்போயிடு

ஆப்பிள்: சில்லறப்பய, எங்கிருந்து புடிச்சானோ இவ்ளோ சில்லறய

http://www.zurmat.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/samsung-pays-apple-1-billion-sending-30-trucks-full-of-5-cents-coins.jpg

Note:- The whole story originated from a meme of the popular website 9Gag.com. Thus, the news report is a hoax.

Senareb
30th August 2012, 08:21 PM
lol..

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/284682_418836151487074_795751556_n.jpg

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
3rd September 2012, 09:42 AM
Can I buy this earphone?

http://www.flipkart.com/tekfusion-twinwoofers-in-ear-headphones-black-chrome/p/itmd6z7qynbsu483?pid=ACCD6Z7PBRYWTMGA&ref=2afea8b4-cf06-4987-b976-038b90b09303

Also any good recommendation for Headphones and Earphones, either popular models which would be easiliy available in leading stores or Flipkart

satissh_r
3rd September 2012, 11:33 AM
Can I buy this earphone?

http://www.flipkart.com/tekfusion-twinwoofers-in-ear-headphones-black-chrome/p/itmd6z7qynbsu483?pid=ACCD6Z7PBRYWTMGA&ref=2afea8b4-cf06-4987-b976-038b90b09303

Also any good recommendation for Headphones and Earphones, either popular models which would be easiliy available in leading stores or Flipkart

Yes sir, depends on what sort of sound you like.. Its slightly high on bass but decent quality overall.

wizzy
3rd September 2012, 11:50 AM
^tekfusion's IEMs are too boomy off the shelf and should be put through a rigorous burn in to settle down...check out Sound Magic ES18...great Vfm..if you like their sound signature may be I could recommend some heavy duty stuff which would burn a hole in your wallet ;-)

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
3rd September 2012, 12:23 PM
wizzy, the one u said is retailing for 560 in FK - http://www.flipkart.com/sound-magic-es-18-headphone/p/itmd8dggvtjvyyek

Whats the Ottai size of the heavy duty?!

wizzy
3rd September 2012, 01:09 PM
check out Stax SR-009 pricing for the ottai size :lol2:

pricing for ES18 is competitive..if you were willing to spend a tad more check out MEElectronics M11/Brainwavz M2 for similar signature but with better mids comparatively..if you are a basshead go for for Vsonic GR02..all these are in 2000-3000rs range.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
3rd September 2012, 01:20 PM
check out Stax SR-009 pricing for the ottai size

Yov wizzy, thats $5K :shock: appo athukku peru Ottai illa paLLam! ES18 is enuf! And Tekfusion review says that it normalizes only after some 50hrs hearing!

Any headphone suggestion?! Same range, not exceeding 2K! :)

wizzy
3rd September 2012, 01:30 PM
just get ES18 or its popular cousin E10 which should be around 2k

E10 review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/581119/review-soundmagic-e10

ajaybaskar
8th September 2012, 09:25 PM
I am planning to buy a palmtop/laptop with the least screen size. My requirements: browsing, ms office usage and audio/video playback. I am not going to use it for gaming or going to install any graphic cards. Will be using wifi,Bluetooth. Cost: as minimal as possible since I am going to use this only during travel and not ready to spend much.

Any recos?

selvakumar
9th September 2012, 04:05 AM
Got my new MacBookPro with Retina Display and i7/4GB RAM with the new OSX. iChat had been replaced by Messages. Looks pretty sleek and performance is too good. OmniGraffle, OmniPlan and other Omni* products have effectively replaced my regular MS Office products. Find OmniGraffle convenient than Visio when I have to draw diagrams. Everything is simple and easy to use. At times, the touch pad is too sensitve. Other than that, no complaints.

Splash screen is cool and haven't seen any other OS Coming close to it. Waiting for Windows 8 to upgrade once I buy the new Win7 Dell laptop. For Linux, more than Ubuntu or Fedora, I find OEL convenient for running servers or for heavy duty operations. OSX is cheaper but Windows seems to be leading the OS market with Win 7 selling at $200/-.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
9th September 2012, 01:16 PM
Ajay, netbooks of 15K range are best thing for you! If u increase the budget range, u will get Netbooks which are more Slim and more batt life

If u r ok to type using bluetooth kb, then Tablets too will fit ur req..

ajaybaskar
9th September 2012, 05:10 PM
Sakala,

I am not very comfortable with tablets. Net books should be fine. But having worked with Core 2 duo processors for 3,4 years, will atom be enuf? I know my requirements are pretty ordinary. But I want a fast, non hanging processor. I have no experience with atom.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
10th September 2012, 12:12 PM
I too not very sure but, the Windows version coming with Netbooks shud be optimised for Atom, so that it shud surely take decent load. May be, opening some 5 tabs at a time, and also some 2 or 3 office documents shud not cause lag and shud work smooth. Maybe, you can go to some shops and ask them popular Netbook models, select one from them, and search for that model's review.

kid-glove
12th September 2012, 11:27 PM
The 'I' in Iphone, I think, was aimed at owners who tweet about its new features, that doesn't make any sense for the rest..

venkkiram
12th September 2012, 11:35 PM
iPhone Live:

http://live.gizmodo.com/

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
12th September 2012, 11:51 PM
Interesting tweets about ifone anju

The iphone5 launch is probably one of the worst apple product launches. Hardly anything new and making big deal about useless UI tweaks.

ஐ-போன் 5 அமர்க்களம், அட்டகாசம், சேம்சங் எஸ்-2'வில் இருக்கும் எல்லா வசதிகளும் இருக்காம்

Nice strategy by Apple. Samsung have nothing new to copy now.

The iPhone is like Tide detergent. Everytime they say it is the best ever, and six months later there is a better version.

Glad that Apple's iPhone5 and iPhone4S are almost similar. Now i got how this will help US's GDP. People will save money this year.

No NFC, no Bluetooth 4.0, no wireless charging, no Micro USB. The best iPhone ever.

wizzy
13th September 2012, 12:05 AM
new nano :thumbsup:

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2012/09/ipod-nano-gallery-111-1347473992.jpg

kid-glove
13th September 2012, 12:10 AM
Iphone cult are the kind who took the morning off when Steve Jobs died..

selvakumar
13th September 2012, 09:06 AM
Did watch the event live in the office through webcast. Felt it was normal and there was no excitement. Having said that, all the guys were cheering whenever some of their teams were referred including Apple Retail.

Bala (Karthik)
13th September 2012, 10:38 AM
Interesting tweets about ifone anju

The iphone5 launch is probably one of the worst apple product launches. Hardly anything new and making big deal about useless UI tweaks.

ஐ-போன் 5 அமர்க்களம், அட்டகாசம், சேம்சங் எஸ்-2'வில் இருக்கும் எல்லா வசதிகளும் இருக்காம்

Nice strategy by Apple. Samsung have nothing new to copy now.

The iPhone is like Tide detergent. Everytime they say it is the best ever, and six months later there is a better version.

Glad that Apple's iPhone5 and iPhone4S are almost similar. Now i got how this will help US's GDP. People will save money this year.

No NFC, no Bluetooth 4.0, no wireless charging, no Micro USB. The best iPhone ever.
Sakala
One helf. (Google-la paakka vendiyadhu dhaane nu kekkadheenga. Oru madhiri paathutten, still...)
IPhone 5 vs S3 vs Note 2 [Essential bullets mattum kudungalen, pls]

P_R
13th September 2012, 11:11 AM
Sakala
One helf. (Google-la paakka vendiyadhu dhaane nu kekkadheenga. Oru madhiri paathutten, still...)

:lol:

The Planning Commission, in its infinite wisdom, once invited Milton Friedman to give a lecture on Central Planning. (MF - free markets, state should back off jaadhi)
Galbraith (state has a role in fiscal policy jaadhi and an intellectual pagaiyaaLi of Friedman kuroop) commented thus: that's like asking the Pope to perform an abortion

wizzy
13th September 2012, 12:44 PM
right on track :lol2:
http://i.imgur.com/iL1MR.jpg

Bala (Karthik)
13th September 2012, 12:48 PM
right on track :lol2:
http://i.imgur.com/iL1MR.jpg
:rotfl2:

Bala (Karthik)
13th September 2012, 12:50 PM
:lol:

The Planning Commission, in its infinite wisdom, once invited Milton Friedman to give a lecture on Central Planning. (MF - free markets, state should back off jaadhi)
Galbraith (state has a role in fiscal policy jaadhi and an intellectual pagaiyaaLi of Friedman kuroop) commented thus: that's like asking the Pope to perform an abortion
:lol: Naysayers kittayum nirai(?) kurai ketpadhu dhaane nyaayaum :lol2:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
13th September 2012, 01:26 PM
iPhone 5 - Apple Keynote Lies Exposed and More

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk9Lui29q5A

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
13th September 2012, 01:34 PM
Bala, Only this kind of comparisons are available ->
CNET Reviews iPhone Atlas iPhone 5 vs. Galaxy S3 vs. Lumia 920: By the numbers
http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19512_7-57510802-233/iphone-5-vs-galaxy-s3-vs-lumia-920-by-the-numbers/

iPhone 5 vs. Galaxy S3 vs. iPhone 4S: Your Guide To Buying The Right Smartphone
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/12/iphone-5-vs-galaxy-s3-vs-iphone-4s_n_1878666.html

And this

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 vs iPhone 5, officially, from specs to features..
http://www.popherald.com/20120912_samsung_galaxy_note_2_vs_iphone_5_specs_p rice-19815

But As me too interested in this comparison, will post either after finding a link, or will do a comparison with available specs :)

vithagan
13th September 2012, 11:55 PM
Bala, Only this kind of comparisons are available ->
CNET Reviews iPhone Atlas iPhone 5 vs. Galaxy S3 vs. Lumia 920: By the numbers
http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19512_7-57510802-233/iphone-5-vs-galaxy-s3-vs-lumia-920-by-the-numbers/

iPhone 5 vs. Galaxy S3 vs. iPhone 4S: Your Guide To Buying The Right Smartphone
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/12/iphone-5-vs-galaxy-s3-vs-iphone-4s_n_1878666.html

And this

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 vs iPhone 5, officially, from specs to features..
http://www.popherald.com/20120912_samsung_galaxy_note_2_vs_iphone_5_specs_p rice-19815

But As me too interested in this comparison, will post either after finding a link, or will do a comparison with available specs :)

One more
http://www.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s3-vs-iphone-5

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
14th September 2012, 11:49 AM
Sakala

Bala, only today, GSMarena & PDAdB sites added iPhone5

This is PDAdB Link comparing Samsung GT-N7100 Galaxy Note II 16GB vs. Apple iPhone 5 32GB vs. Samsung GT-i9300 Galaxy S III 16GB
-> http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=pdacomparer&id1=3857&id2=3534&id3=3803

GSMarena won't allow more than 2 items to be compared. So

Note2 vs iPhone5 -> http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=4854&idPhone2=4910
S3 vs iPhone5 -> http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=4238&idPhone2=4910

GSMarena will give u the essential things u ask. Still not satisfied na sollunga, oru excel potturalaam :)

Note:- Though GSM Arena tries to keep it simple, there are many models of same phones based on regions. the main difference is about the Network (2G/3G/LTE/CDMA etc) So if you want exact specs for a specific model no, PDA dB is the only choice -> http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=pdacomparer

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
14th September 2012, 12:03 PM
Just noted that PDA db says Apple's new A6 CPU is dual core, not quad core!

GSM Arena has left that space blan :lol:

ARS techna comes up with an article just about CPU, and looks like still there is no official word from apple but with available info, ARS Techinca concludes A6 is not Quad Core
http://arstechnica.com/apple/2012/09/what-do-we-know-about-apples-new-a6-processor/

innum ennenna thiruvilayaadal ellaam irukkO

directhit
14th September 2012, 12:32 PM
Wife switched from IPhone to S3 - no big complaints so far on tech, but the same battery issues with Samsung. And S3, thanks to its bigger battery, takes close to 2 hrs for a full charge!! With Juicedefender installed and other battery saving tweaks battery holds on close to 16 hrs or so. The Screen size and other Android features are the plus points so far. Hv to wait and see if she decides to jump back to IPhone :lol2:

venkkiram
14th September 2012, 04:23 PM
During the time of iPhone 4S in market!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxn6Ag0mmhs

Bala (Karthik)
15th September 2012, 03:00 AM
Sahala
Nandri but spec comparison laam paathutten/paathuruven. Unga kitta qualitative-a comments/bulletin/summary edhir paarthen

Disappointed to be honest. Increasing only the length is.. that image posted by wizzy comes to mind :rotfl2:

Core pillars of Iphone - ease of use, navigability, out of the box stuff are still compelling. Aana "futures" nu varumbodhu dhaan Note 2 pakkam yosikkaren. Andha pen-a vechu sila jithu velaigallaam pannalaam pola irukke.

- Youtube not bundled anymore with IPhone
- Is Google maps available by default with Jelly Bean?
- Though S2 has a bigger screen, i've found Iphone to have a crisper display. Is it because of better screen density in spite of lower resolution?

P.S: Thevaiye illaadha sevaigal, porutkalukku ippadi alaiya veikkudhe consumerisau(m) :(

Bala (Karthik)
15th September 2012, 03:03 AM
And better specs does not automatically/always mean better performance (though at this level, there shouldn't be any discernible difference i suppose)

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
15th September 2012, 05:24 PM
Cell Tower Radiation levels btw few countries compared

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/408325_345595328864433_413621274_n.jpg

Howcome Swiss could manage with such low radiation levels and why India needs such a high level?!?

selvakumar
15th September 2012, 10:28 PM
Though S2 has a bigger screen, i've found Iphone to have a crisper display. Is it because of better screen density in spite of lower resolution?
iPhone and lot of iOS devices have better display. Computer graphics and display devices la naan weak. Would be happy if someone explains the reason.

P.S: Thevaiye illaadha sevaigal, porutkalukku ippadi alaiya veikkudhe consumerisau(m) :(
Yes. My phone budge is Rs.3000/- to 5000/-. I like used phones.

Bala, I saw the "Note 2" video. Phone oda intha pen ah pocket la vachuttu poga mudiyumannu therla :P

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
15th September 2012, 10:43 PM
Intha cartoon 2010 laye vanthaachu. Still apple following this religiously :lol:

http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp357/oval_man/ipad-imat.jpg

directhit
16th September 2012, 03:07 PM
Phone oda intha pen ah pocket la vachuttu poga mudiyumannu therla :P they have a slot for that :p

selvakumar
17th September 2012, 03:36 AM
they have a slot for that :p
Life risk edukka mudiyuma :P

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
17th September 2012, 08:54 PM
Bala, how is LTE implementation in ur place? In US itself, it seems LTE is far from the mark, it seems.
http://www.zdnet.com/five-reasons-not-to-get-an-iphone-5-7000004319/?s_cid=e539

Reason 3: LTE is far from universal
I know you want 4G or LTE for super-fast connectivity. Unfortunately, despite the carriers' advertising, LTE isn't everywhere. And some carriers (I'm talking about you, AT&T!) even stretch the truth, sticking 4G icons on top of old 3G services.
Yes, my iPhone 4S has lipstick on that particular pig.
The point is, you may think you're getting 4G or LTE, but in vast areas of the United States, LTE simply means Lots To Envy 'cause LTE ain't available.

Just saying this becos Note2 has less LTE capabilities than iPhone5

Nerd
17th September 2012, 10:17 PM
Yeah, very limited LTE coverage in the states.

Found this on FB - hilarious:

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/tim-cook-on-the-new-apple-ear-phones.jpg

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
17th September 2012, 10:59 PM
Neetral NerdE post paNtaapla, naamum oru FB cartoon pOduvOm :lol:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/530300_438617832846638_345538647_n.jpg

aanaa
21st September 2012, 03:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1cz8IasV4w&amp;feature=player_embedded

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
21st September 2012, 04:09 PM
This vid shud go to funny things thread!

Plum
22nd September 2012, 04:00 PM
Ok, periya levella pEsikitirukinga. I am going to reduce the level of the thread.
Basically, I am looking to buy
a) a new Desktop or laptop
b) Data Storage gadget - call it a pen drive, external drive whatever

Requirements
1) Desktop used primarily for browsing(mostly text based browsing, a little bit of youtubes linked from hub primarily)
2) Used also for listening to music and collecting and archiving rare music
3) Skype/Video chat occasionally
4) EA Sports Cricket 2002 occasionally
5) avLo dhAn

1) Data Storage Device - compactA irukkaNum
2) maximau storage possibility
3) Easy to plug in and transfer data across machines
4) avLo dhAn

konjam indha levelku iRangi vandhu suggest paNNunga pAppOm!

littlemaster1982
22nd September 2012, 04:36 PM
Budget evlo-nu sonna suggest panna innum easy-a irukkum.

A) Just get an entry level desktop or a netbook (if you are comfortable with smaller screens) ~ 12K
B) A 1 TB Portable HDD from Western Digital (http://www.flipkart.com/wd-elements-se-1-tb-usb-3-0-hard-drive-black/p/itmd7yggq2gqjp99?pid=ACCD7YGFGAMH525N&ref=b6e1bf00-b69b-4ada-9e00-4b8764c913b3) or Seagate (http://www.flipkart.com/seagate-backup-plus-1-tb-external-hard-disk/p/itmdbefpdfyry96m?pid=ACCDBEF6G2AH5TWC&ref=b6e1bf00-b69b-4ada-9e00-4b8764c913b3).

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
22nd September 2012, 07:03 PM
Plum, If its Desktop, you want Intel or AMD? If Intel, u want i3 or i5 or i7? In any one choise of 13/15/17 u want 1st or 2nd or 3rd Gen? How much RAM u need? 2GB / 4GB/ 8GB? If its a Desktop what size moniter u need 19" / 21" 42"? In case of Laptop whats ur screen size 13.3" 14" 15.4" 15.6" wide screen? How mush Storage you need 500GB/750GB/1TB? And you want Wireless Keyboard or normal one? Same about Mouse. Since u use Skpye, u want to buy a Webcam. If u buy Desktop, you want the old style assembled one or the latest Integrated one which has all the electronics in back side of the Screen? In the later case u need which Brand, HP / HCL / Dell / Lenovo? In case of Laptop what brand you prefer LG/Samsung/HP/Lenovo/HCL/Dell/Acer/Asus/Sony.

Answer these questions, based on ur reply there will be a further deep set of questionnaire.

vithagan
22nd September 2012, 09:52 PM
Plum, If its Desktop, you want Intel or AMD? If Intel, u want i3 or i5 or i7? In any one choise of 13/15/17 u want 1st or 2nd or 3rd Gen? How much RAM u need? 2GB / 4GB/ 8GB? If its a Desktop what size moniter u need 19" / 21" 42"? In case of Laptop whats ur screen size 13.3" 14" 15.4" 15.6" wide screen? How mush Storage you need 500GB/750GB/1TB? And you want Wireless Keyboard or normal one? Same about Mouse. Since u use Skpye, u want to buy a Webcam. If u buy Desktop, you want the old style assembled one or the latest Integrated one which has all the electronics in back side of the Screen? In the later case u need which Brand, HP / HCL / Dell / Lenovo? In case of Laptop what brand you prefer LG/Samsung/HP/Lenovo/HCL/Dell/Acer/Asus/Sony.

Answer these questions, based on ur reply there will be a further deep set of questionnaire.

Sakala,
PLum avaroda usage and requirement sollitaaru.. ungaloda experience vaichu avarukku neengale oru nalla configuration pottu recommend pannunga.. adha vittuttu ivo questions kaekkareenga ;)

Plum
23rd September 2012, 08:48 AM
adhAnE - officelEyE maximau REquirements Document ezhudhaRadhu thavira aduththa levelukku (Design, development etc etc) pORadhillai. indha technologynAlE allergy. ivaru ipdi ellAm kELvi kEttA :escape: dhAn.

LM - thanks for the recos. Will check out.
Sakal - pEsAma unga mobile # PM paNNunga. 1-1 pEsikkalAm.

app_engine
24th September 2012, 12:47 AM
Plum,

Don't go for a Desktop anymore, animal soon going to be extinct (if not already)! Buy laptop / netbook.

Cheap USB drives are available that can store 32GB - 64GB etc which should be good for portability.
(Keychain size, so no carrying problem - that 1 TB portable harddrive is a good suggestion but it won't be that tiny).

app_engine
24th September 2012, 12:51 AM
Also, unga oorla powercut niRaiya irundhA, desktop-pukku UPS / invertor ippadi additional helplAm vENum.

Laptop comes with 3-4 hour battery backup built-in :-)

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
27th September 2012, 05:24 AM
Apple iPhone 5 with iOS6 Review

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkOytWClXdo

Apple iPhone 5 vs Samsung Galaxy S3 Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdORocXrWf8

Apple iPhone 5 vs Samsung Galaxy S3 Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5i1Dnk2voU

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
27th September 2012, 05:25 AM
Sakala,
PLum avaroda usage and requirement sollitaaru.. ungaloda experience vaichu avarukku neengale oru nalla configuration pottu recommend pannunga.. adha vittuttu ivo questions kaekkareenga ;)

I was kalaaichifying Plum! Hope he don't mistake me! :)

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
27th September 2012, 05:29 AM
Guys can any one tell me ur suggestions in selecting a laptop below!

Samsung NP300V5A S0CIN
http://www.flipkart.com/samsung-np300v5a-s0cin-laptop-2nd-gen-ci7-6gb-1tb-win7-hp-1gb-graph/p/itmd65dckvb7k9gv?pid=COMD65DCTZN89XH9&ref=403f2e6d-45ab-4a76-a3ee-10e833c16f3e#read-reviews

Lenovo Ideapad Z570
http://www.flipkart.com/lenovo-ideapad-z570-59-321133-laptop-2nd-gen-ci7-4gb-500gb-win7-hp-2gb-graph/p/itmd7atum9fnqnwc?pid=COMD7ATU4D3THDZP&ref=dbccafbb-87b1-48af-b396-ae0ef1eb9f03#read-reviews

Acer Aspire V3-571G
http://www.flipkart.com/acer-aspire-v3-571g-laptop-2nd-gen-ci5-4gb-500gb-win7-hb-2gb-graph-nx-rzlsi-003/p/itmdak3fynebpsgg And http://www.thinkdigit.com/Laptops-PCs/Acer-Aspire-V3-Review_9893.html

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
27th September 2012, 06:17 AM
My req is,

Max CPU power,
15.6" Display, not interested in smaller ones.
Batt life above 3 Hrs
(Atleast Slightly) Above Average GPU,
Optical Drive Must,
Atleast basic version of Windows is Must, Linux/Dos Laptop not preferred
Budget not to exceed 55K
Decent Speaker

Suppose if u feel the above options like "Varusham poora pesanum, aanaa freeya pesanum, athumaathi oru talk Plan", Before saying "Athukku nee nErla pOi thaan pEsaNum", read below!

I compromise following

Weight, Slimness, Looks not an issue. It can be bulky
HDD size not an issue, even 320GB is enuf
USB 2.0, Bluetooth 2.0 enuf. Even if no bluetooth, its OK

Based on those req, i felt the Samsung one is apt. Though it takes some beating in Intel Chipset & GPU, the CPU is compensating. (And Chipset when i compared btw HM65 & HM77, very less differences. GPU (NVidia GT520MX looks OK for me!)

Same time, if any of you have any suggestions just you wanted to share (without considering my req.s) you are welcome, Kindly post the Laptop model u r referring and the reason/Plus point you are seeing in that.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
27th September 2012, 06:24 AM
All my preferables compared

Samsung NP300V5A-S0CIN Laptop (2nd Gen Ci7/ 6GB/ 1TB/ Win7 HP/ 1GB Graph) (http://www.flipkart.com/samsung-np300v5a-s0cin-laptop-2nd-gen-ci7-6gb-1tb-win7-hp-1gb-graph/p/itmd65dckvb7k9gv?pid=COMD65DCTZN89XH9)

(25 ratings)

Lenovo Ideapad Z570 (59-321133) Laptop (2nd Gen Ci7/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win7 HP/ 2GB Graph) (http://www.flipkart.com/lenovo-ideapad-z570-59-321133-laptop-2nd-gen-ci7-4gb-500gb-win7-hp-2gb-graph/p/itmd7atum9fnqnwc?pid=COMD7ATU4D3THDZP)

(15 ratings)
Acer Aspire V3-571G Laptop (2nd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win7 HB/ 2GB Graph) (NX.RZLSI.003) (http://www.flipkart.com/acer-aspire-v3-571g-laptop-2nd-gen-ci5-4gb-500gb-win7-hb-2gb-graph-nx-rzlsi-003/p/itmdak3fynebpsgg?pid=COMDAK2XZGW5Z2MC)

(10 ratings)

Acer Aspire M3 Laptop (2nd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win7 HP/ 1GB Graph) (NX.RYKSI.002) (http://www.flipkart.com/acer-aspire-m3-laptop-2nd-gen-ci5-4gb-500gb-win7-hp-1gb-graph-nx-ryksi-002/p/itmdak3f7jhhswcx?pid=COMDAK2XGRZPQGUB)

(2 ratings)

http://www.flipkart.com/computers/compare?ids=COMD65DCTZN89XH9,COMD7ATU4D3THDZP,COMD AK2XZGW5Z2MC,COMDAK2XGRZPQGUB

Senareb
27th September 2012, 10:43 AM
Sakala...neenga ean Dell XPS try panna koodathu...
it wil suit all ur requirements u mention..
Woofer sound..Long battery life...Budget 50k thaan....
i hav tis one for past one year..i dont hav any complaints til date..ithuvaraikkum Dell store room poi service pannathillai... very trust one..

wizzy
27th September 2012, 11:57 AM
Skv, check out Sammy 5 series..550P is beast of a machine with FHD display+better graphic card+Jbl speakers..call your local Sammy dealer for a better price+goodies.

http://www.flipkart.com/samsung-np550p5c-s01in-laptop-3rd-gen-ci5-6gb-1tb-win7-hp-2gb-graph/p/itmdbe8fyjwuxwyj?pid=COMDBE7GDASZWKFR&ref=a624fd39-0e37-4816-9e5b-309168017fd6

wizzy
27th September 2012, 12:04 PM
argh.. seems FHD version isn't available in India..still better than most lappies @ that price range.

Senareb
27th September 2012, 01:25 PM
Today Google's 14th b'day...:)
Check the today doodle..:)

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
27th September 2012, 02:21 PM
Wizzy, thanks! kozhappitteenga! I am confused btw both of Samsung! http://www.flipkart.com/computers/compare?ids=COMDBE7GDASZWKFR,COMD65DCTZN89XH9

Urs has great gpu, great Screen, less batt life, slightly less CPU,
Mine has average gpu, normal Screen, (slightly) extra batt life, powerful cpu

I was preferring i7 one since i plan to use long term without any hassles, atleast full 4 years without any servicing. The one i have(HP Pavilion) ate my purse more than its price wrt service.

I am not much interested in hi perf gaming etc, and also in Ubuntu, NVidia Optimus drivers still not available so one need to switch to intel. ( http://askubuntu.com/questions/151143/samsung-intel-graphis-hd-3000-nvidia-geforce-gt-520mx ) So in both the Sammy laptop, only one GPU gonna be used, another one gonna be idle in Ubuntu. (Windows, no issues wrt that! )

But ur suggested, has got many reviews! Mine has very less reviews, i googled to find None!

:think:

Dinesh84
27th September 2012, 02:52 PM
Eskos me, can anyone tell me what is the major diff between Intel 2nd generation i-series processors and 3rd generation i-series processor?

SoftSword
27th September 2012, 03:07 PM
Eskos me, can anyone tell me what is the major diff between Intel 2nd generation i-series processors and 3rd generation i-series processor?

their prices...

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
27th September 2012, 03:16 PM
Dinesh, Go here http://ark.intel.com/ Once you have finalized 2 or 3 i3/i5/i7 based models u can compare their CPUs here.

There is an opinion that there actually is not much diff btw 2nd & 3rd gen.

(1st gen is a diff case, for ex, i7 1st gen has some very simple CPU which is uncmparable with the 2nd & 3rd gen i7 So leave out 1st gen)

Also, some 2nd Gen i5 ones are almost similar to 3rd gen i3 CPUs. Either jump into the well and search nook & corner or else consider friends/others comments in Flipkart/ThinkDigit etc..

SoftSword
27th September 2012, 03:27 PM
i am getting increasingly paranoid while reading the reviews of any products...
aint they mostly written by the marketing chaps to give a good impression? i mean, some of them u can see its genuine, but almost 60% of them are twisted.. anybody else feels so or shd i consult a psychiatrist?

wizzy
27th September 2012, 03:30 PM
Skv, Sammy has increased their prices..this 5 series with quad core was retailing for ~58k..best bet would be to visit their brand store so you get a better deal.

http://www.flipkart.com/samsung-series-5-np550p5c-s02in-3rd-gen-ci7-8gb-1tb-2gb-graphics-win-7-hp/p/itmdbe8f4ppxcskn?pid=COMDBE7GZZEDVC6C&icmpid=reco_pp_same_computer_computer_1

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
27th September 2012, 03:37 PM
anybody else feels so or shd i consult a psychiatrist?

Both are needless! Just make sure u read real good technical reviews which are both technically correct & presented in simple manner!

For ex, take this site which reviews GPUs in PC/Laptops

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-520MX.54717.0.html

There is in depth reviews written in simple manner, no Marketing crap stuff. If u want much simple explanation, just see the right side table, it has divided the GPUs as Class 1 to Class 6. Just searching ur Laptop's GPU name will tell you which class is urs sitting! And then compare some 3 or 4 Laptops of similar price point and cross check the GPUs of all, you will get better idea!

Flipkart Comments, they are needed, just that take them with pinch of salt! If there is no comments at all for a laptop in flipkart, that too says something!

See this Page -> http://www.thinkdigit.com/top-products.php They list Top 10 in all category Devices, Laptop/PC/Smartphone/Tablet etc.. The review quality is in-depth and thorough. You can trust them as it is!

SoftSword
27th September 2012, 03:41 PM
thanks sakala...
thats for the laptop... i was actually speaking in general while trying to buy any product...
a watch/oven/sound recorder etc.,

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
27th September 2012, 03:51 PM
Skv, Sammy has increased their prices..this 5 series with quad core was retailing for ~58k..best bet would be to visit their brand store so you get a better deal.

http://www.flipkart.com/samsung-series-5-np550p5c-s02in-3rd-gen-ci7-8gb-1tb-2gb-graphics-win-7-hp/p/itmdbe8f4ppxcskn?pid=COMDBE7GZZEDVC6C&icmpid=reco_pp_same_computer_computer_1

Oh ok wizzy! I spoke to an Dealer (Forum Mall) he said right now the offer is 1 year extra warranty/support for All models. Let me see!

This laptop looks yummy!! But me crossing 50K not possible..I have to 'compensate' that for many years :lol: "Ungalukku onnunnaa mattum evLO costlyaa irunthaalum vaangiduveenga" :lol:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
27th September 2012, 04:31 PM
http://www.pluggd.in/galaxy-note2-price-in-india-297/

Galaxy Note II launched in India, priced at Rs. 39990 (for 16GB) (http://www.pluggd.in/galaxy-note2-price-in-india-297/)

comparison of iPhone 5 and Note II:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyPPuF_up0o

wizzy
27th September 2012, 05:26 PM
Oh ok wizzy! I spoke to an Dealer (Forum Mall) he said right now the offer is 1 year extra warranty/support for All models. Let me see!

This laptop looks yummy!! But me crossing 50K not possible..I have to 'compensate' that for many years :lol: "Ungalukku onnunnaa mattum evLO costlyaa irunthaalum vaangiduveenga" :lol:

you could always wait till Win RT/8 devices hit the market..Sammy/other vendors will reduce their prices to clear their inventory/jump on the bandwagon :smile:

Dinesh84
27th September 2012, 05:30 PM
Dinesh, Go here http://ark.intel.com/ Once you have finalized 2 or 3 i3/i5/i7 based models u can compare their CPUs here.

There is an opinion that there actually is not much diff btw 2nd & 3rd gen.

(1st gen is a diff case, for ex, i7 1st gen has some very simple CPU which is uncmparable with the 2nd & 3rd gen i7 So leave out 1st gen)

Also, some 2nd Gen i5 ones are almost similar to 3rd gen i3 CPUs. Either jump into the well and search nook & corner or else consider friends/others comments in Flipkart/ThinkDigit etc..
:ty: skv. Last week went to Ritchie Street for buying a laptop i5 / >=4GB ram/750GB ~ 1TB hdd /Free-Dos or Win7. I received so many pamphlets there and i was confused on seeing different specs for a single processor. Kadakkaaranta ketta ethetho sonnan. I was not totally convinced. Reverse vanthutaen. Now I am alasi aarainjing as to which one would be suitable for me. Budget 40-45K. Suggest seiyungal..

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
27th September 2012, 06:16 PM
you could always wait till Win RT/8 devices hit the market..Sammy/other vendors will reduce their prices to clear their inventory/jump on the bandwagon :smile:

Win 8 Releasing Oct 25. Deepaavali kku Win 8 Laptops varumaa?!? Or else, i can decide the device and look for offers/discounts during Deepaavali. Flipkart lists many devices as Win8 upgradeable for Rs.700.

wizzy
27th September 2012, 09:14 PM
Win 8 Releasing Oct 25. Deepaavali kku Win 8 Laptops varumaa?!? Or else, i can decide the device and look for offers/discounts during Deepaavali. Flipkart lists many devices as Win8 upgradeable for Rs.700.

varum/varanum..also around the same time Samsung will refresh their lineup in India by introducing MBP inspired 7 series so 3/5 series price will comedown so it makes sense to wait for a month or so.

ajaybaskar
28th September 2012, 07:21 AM
Sakala,

I bought a Sony Vaio Y series Netbook.

Dinesh84
28th September 2012, 02:28 PM
one "ithula sun tv varuma" type question.

I have one old system with the following configuration - Pentium 4/1GB RAM DDR1 /Intel 845 Motherboard.
If i connect a graphics card (http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/AMD_Series/EAH5450_SILENTDI512MD2LP/#specifications) which has hdmi port, can i bring the screen display in sony tv which has hdmi input?

littlemaster1982
28th September 2012, 03:58 PM
Dinesh,

Get this card (http://www.flipkart.com/his-amd-ati-radeon-hd-5450-1-gb-ddr3-graphics-card/p/itmd4f6sz9h7yjnr?pid=GRCD4F6RHWADGZZP&ref=8626bf39-5d5c-4f55-a2f5-a16972213386) and you are good to go. Just check if your mother board has PCI-E slot.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
28th September 2012, 04:41 PM
Google Play Store crossed 25Bn Downloads and its celebrating that by giving 75% discount for paid apps, for flat 0.25 that's almost Rs.13 per app. And this runs for 5 days, its 2nd day today. It changes the apps everyday so that Android owners check the market coming 4 days, incl today, to get ur fav app for a steal price!

https://play.google.com/store Select the banner which says 75% discount

http://lh5.ggpht.com/OzAsB6p-4OqSCXJ4X1ljZVtfZ6mJrnJ2DAXdmvRYylGRFs9bV74Ue3VRc9 ZDrp2jexts

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
29th September 2012, 05:47 PM
Android Fragmentation VS Apple iOS 6 VS Gingerbread

Comparision btw iPhone4 vs Samsung Galaxy S (Fascinate) running an OSversion 2 year old

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buGpyCgqmfE

Senareb
1st October 2012, 03:08 PM
a silly doubt..dont knw where to post.. so here..

if the movie is downloaded seperately and subtitle is downloaded seperately..
the movie running time and subtitle running time is same but running difference of 'x' mins....

so how to co-relate tis two...i knw there is a setting..bt i fotget..
like to knw for VLC player and Media classic player...
thx. in advance..

littlemaster1982
1st October 2012, 03:23 PM
The difference is because of frame rate. Try to find subtitles with matching frame rate. You can change the frame rate of a srt file using Subtitle workshop, but the results are often mixed.

Senareb
1st October 2012, 03:35 PM
master...

i mentioned
the movie running time and subtitle running time is same but running difference of 'x' mins..

so frame rate is same for video and subtitle...rit ?..(sory if am wrong..)

for ex. if the video is running ahead of 1 min of subtitle (this difference of 1 min is same for the entire movie running time ..)

then hw to co-relate...

littlemaster1982
1st October 2012, 03:55 PM
Usually movies are ripped with the original frame rate of 23.976. But some movies have 25 fps which makes the subtitles appear with a delay. You can see frame number is also mentioned along with the timecode in srt file. Www.opensubtitles.org usually has frame rate info of a subtitle, so you can download a matching subtitle.

Senareb
1st October 2012, 04:52 PM
thx. LM..i wil try it nd let u knw...

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
2nd October 2012, 03:07 AM
10 Things I Hate About Google Android

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAslrg10Jps

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
2nd October 2012, 09:50 AM
What and all you can do in Samsung's New Galaxy Note 2 with its S-Pen?

http://www.androidauthority.com/more-samsung-galaxy-note-2-features-revealed-118970/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsFm01DaMP4

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
2nd October 2012, 10:01 AM
http://www.androidauthority.com/galaxy-note-2-droptest-119081/

Drop Test: Note 2 Survives!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA0r7tc6V5s

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
3rd October 2012, 04:25 AM
Android tablet ownership in USA has gone up from 15% to 48% from 2011 to 2012. iPad shrunk from 81% to 52%. And this with a tablet environment space which is still incomplete and crappy :lol:

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2012/10/study-shows-25-of-americans-own-a-tablet/

http://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/PJ_12_09_17_tabletNews-report_02.png

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
3rd October 2012, 04:27 AM
If Your Android Phone Is Stolen, This App Photographs the Thief (http://mashable.com/2012/10/02/kaspersky-app/)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kms

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
4th October 2012, 10:32 AM
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 In Depth Review by Phone Arena and GSM Arena! And GSM Arena review runs for cool 12 pages! And it says Battery test is yet to be added!!

http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-II-Review_id3134#1-

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_note_ii-review-824.php

While the above reviews stand as great examples for how a tech product should be revewed, gsmarena summarises the category of poeple who may like/need this giant phone. Read below if you are a cat on a wall unable to decide which side to jump!

The way we see it, there are several groups of users that would do well to consider the Galaxy Note II as their next device of choice.

1. First and foremost, it's those who want a true all-in-one smartphone. The Note II is able to match everything currently on the market for resolution and processing power and then raise the bid with the S Pen and the extra large screen. Jelly Bean is still hard to come by on the market too, so the Note II is going to use that to its advantage as well, along with the various home-baked tweaks that Samsung delivered with TouchWiz. So if you are the type of power user, who values performance over one-handed use and has pockets deep enough (literally and figuratively), the Note II seems like a perfect match. It certainly is more expensive than the Galaxy S III and the One X, but the screen upgrade alone is enough to justify the price difference, with the S Pen coming as a bonus.

2. The second group Samsung is aiming the Note II at is media buffs. Once again, the huge screen and the ample battery are the key weapons in the phablet's arsenal, but it also has vast codec support (both video and audio), and the expandable memory and mass storage mode to back it up. If you fall in this group, you'll ideally have a tablet, which seems a bit better suited to the purpose, but it would be next to impossible to carry around in a pocket. We understand that the sheer size of the Galaxy Note II can put some users off, but we find it more than reasonably portable. Also there's the price thing - a capable smartphone and a good tablet will cost more than the Note II. So if you want to save some cash and/or the effort to carry a bag for your tablet at all times, the Note II seems like a good compromise. In that case though, we'd suggest you check it out in person before forking out the cash.

3. Next up are people who like sketching things up on their smartphones (designers and the likes) and those who prefer taking notes the old-fashioned way - with a pen or a stylus. Samsung has made the Note II a pretty good device for the purpose and Wacom's input is easily able to make a huge difference between the Samsung phablet and anything else there is in the smartphone market.

4. And, finally, upgraders - and we'll just say it again: the Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100 is a worthy upgrade of its predecessor. You will notice an improvement in just about every part of the user experience, barring perhaps the camera. However, it's also a pricey upgrade and the original Note is still a pretty solid device. In a bit of a quandary there to be honest - if you love the original Note you'll want the second gen badly. But having money to burn will definitely help.

And we're not saying that a big screen and a stylus is exactly what makes a near perfect smartphone better. But they can certainly do wonders for the right users

Main disadvantages

Large size makes single-hand operation problematic
No dedicated camera key
All plastic construction (would have probably weighted a ton otherwise, though)
S Pen not as good as on the Note 10.1

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
5th October 2012, 01:31 AM
50 Samsung Galaxy Note 2 tips and tricks - Opinion - Trusted Reviews (http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/50-samsung-galaxy-note-2-tips-and-tricks)
iPhone 5 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 2 in fascinating detail (http://sortable.com/phones/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-II-32-GB-vs-Apple-iPhone-5)

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Lacks Advertised Multi-Window Display (http://www.ibtimes.com/samsung-galaxy-note-2-lacks-advertised-multi-window-display-feature-european-customers-say-807523)
Those with the version N7100XXALIE will not be able to use the multi-window feature, according to Droid Guy.
However, Galaxy Note 2 handsets running the N7100XXALIH firmware should not encounter this issue.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
5th October 2012, 03:19 AM
What and all the S-Pen in Galaxy Note can do?

More Here -> Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Review | Mobile Phones | CNET UK (http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/mobile-phones/samsung-galaxy-note-2-review-50009010/)

http://cdn-static.cnet.co.uk/i/c/blg/cat/mobiles/galaxy-note-2/samsung-galaxy-note-2-s-note-examples.jpg

http://cdn-static.cnet.co.uk/i/c/blg/cat/mobiles/galaxy-note-2/samsung-galaxy-note-2-s-pen-cut.jpg

Innovation! Samsung just didn't stop with few writing/drawing apps, which used the S-Pen. Instead, Samsung has also crammed the Note 2 with dollops of nifty software that makes the most of the pen.

You don't need to carry the Pen, there is a slot in the phone itself. Whats more! This new Note 2 had a feature, if you walk with your phone without S-Pen in its slot, it will vibrate and notify you!

The original Samsung Galaxy Note was expected to fail due to its large 5.3-inch screen, but it sold more than 10 Million! Innovation!

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
6th October 2012, 12:48 PM
Samsung Galaxy Note II battery life Impressive. Test from GSM Arena (http://blog.gsmarena.com/samsung-galaxy-note-ii-battery-life-test-is-complete-here-are-the-results/)http://st.gsmarena.com/pics/12/10/galaxy-note2-battery/gsmarena_002.jpg

Senareb
8th October 2012, 07:03 PM
I-phone thaan best endru solbavaragale, Prefer ur best now.. :lol2:

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/525030_10151184802668360_679494801_n.jpg

Senareb
8th October 2012, 07:05 PM
http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/430435_10151185417528360_633784578_n.jpg

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
9th October 2012, 04:02 AM
www.engadget.com/2012/10/08/samsung-galaxy-note-ii-review

Engadget Review - Note 2

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
10th October 2012, 06:15 AM
Might buy the Nexus 7 after seeing it in stores, not for me, for my father.

Sakala,
We had this discussion a few weeks ago remember. What does an iPhone do so easily and the same thing in Android is a mess - We have a data plan - 200MB each per month. We both have similar kind of usage (Personal email / News / FB / Twitter etc.). My usage every month is 50 megs and her usage (Android) is close to 200, sometimes even over that causing us to pay extra each month. I still have not figured out why - just downloaded a traffic monitoring app and will let you know how it goes.

But the point is, its extremely easy to turn of polling (for updates every 5 minutes or so for FB/Emails etc.) for ALL the apps on an iPhone. I just go to Settings > Notifications and turn all of them off. But on the S2, I have to open each and every app, go to the homepage of the app sometimes, then tap on the settings, tap again on a couple of buttons to turn that off and I am successful only for that particular app. I have to repeat the same cumbersome process for all the data eating apps, which is extremely annoying from the usability POV.

Nerd, Turning Notification on a go, this feature is now in Samsung S3 & Note 2. Though not available in stock android, Samsung devices seem to have it starting from S3

http://rootgalaxys3iii.com/galaxy-s3-i9300xxdlh9/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECXp3hWE7jE

Senareb
10th October 2012, 08:49 PM
i dont knw what i did in my google chrome setting..

When i opening each tab, there is a advertisement is appearing in side bar...

i dont knw hw to disable tis... need help ...

its irritating me...:twisted:

Nerd
10th October 2012, 09:37 PM
^ Seems like we both visited the same spam site. Not sure where I got that from too. Will probably uninstall and reinstall chrome.

Sakala, thanks. One of my friends here has bought the S3. Was playing with it yesterday, dint realize this feature is there. They are selling S3s for free here (with contract) to combat iPhone 5 sales.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
11th October 2012, 08:15 AM
use 'NoScript' Firefox addon to escape from all kind of viruses. But it will be irritating to use in the beginning

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
11th October 2012, 08:31 AM
Got Galaxy Note 2 few days b4! Lot of features, some are gimmicky, some are useful! just loving it!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A45DP5VCQAEs7VF.png:large
Drawn this with pen!

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
11th October 2012, 08:59 AM
Five reasons you should buy the Galaxy Note II (http://www.phonedog.com/2012/10/09/five-reasons-you-should-buy-the-galaxy-note-ii/) by PhoneDog.com

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
11th October 2012, 10:33 AM
Micromax Taking Bigger Android Bets. Expect Fireworks This Diwali. (http://www.pluggd.in/micromax-taking-bigger-android-bets-expect-fireworks-this-diwali-297/)

Micromax exceeded any other tablet sales in India. Its becoming daddy of cheap tablet. Its Funbook is runaway hit

Micromax Funbooks have been phenomenal successes in the lower end of the tablet market (read:Tablet sales in India: Micromax beats Samsung and Apple (http://www.pluggd.in/tablet-sales-in-india-micromax-beats-samsung-and-apple-297/)) ; its pretty much a sub-brand in itself. No other budget tablet has been establish the kind of reputation or brand recall that Micromax now commands.

vithagan
11th October 2012, 07:24 PM
I-phone thaan best endru solbavaragale, Prefer ur best now.. :lol2:

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/525030_10151184802668360_679494801_n.jpg

Apart from Image stabilization & Wireless charging I don't see the other difference are a big deal..
How many merchants support NFC? :huh:
What is free unlimited music streaming? There will be no Data charge? I can stream unlimited music without wifi?
Btw.. till now I never had an iPhone..:-D

vithagan
11th October 2012, 07:27 PM
Got Galaxy Note 2 few days b4! Lot of features, some are gimmicky, some are useful! just loving it!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A45DP5VCQAEs7VF.png:large
Drawn this with pen!

Isn't the phablet bulky in hand while making calls?:confused2:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
11th October 2012, 07:34 PM
Vithagan, not very much! It depends any how.

Compared to the original note, this one has slight increase in height but thickness slightly reduced so you don't feel any odd. OraLavukku Pocketable thaan, enna freeya okkaara mudiyaathu :lol:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
11th October 2012, 07:38 PM
Apart from Image stabilization & Wireless charging I don't see the other difference are a big deal..
How many merchants support NFC? :huh:
What is free unlimited music streaming? There will be no Data charge? I can stream unlimited music without wifi?
Btw.. till now I never had an iPhone..:-D

Vithagan, these kind of comparisons are a joke, seriously. When 4S released, similar cartoon was made comparing the fone with a real brick :banghead:

Btw, NFC in a smartphone is a very good/advanced tech for Financial transactions, i mean, replacing the current Credit cards which are swipe based. Its cheap too. Infact there are microSD cards which come with inbult NFC which can be used with Android Phones! So even if you don't have NFC, you can add it easily.

Problem is at Merchant side. So, infact Android itself curently don't support NFC for Financial transactions. Till then, there are alternative uses.

See this article -> The most practical, creative ways to use NFC with your Android device (http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-57478334-285/the-most-practical-creative-ways-to-use-nfc-with-your-android-device/)

http://howto.cnet.com/1770-5_39-0.html?query=NFC&tag=srch&searchtype=blogs&blognames=How+To

Nerd
11th October 2012, 08:01 PM
NFC - many many merchants in the states support this. I was disappointed that iPhone 5 did not come with NFC. And NFC has many capabilities, not just using it to pay at stores.

Nerd
11th October 2012, 08:02 PM
Wow sakala, note 2? How much was it? rombO vasathiyO :D

vithagan
11th October 2012, 08:21 PM
Vithagan, not very much! It depends any how.

Compared to the original note, this one has slight increase in height but thickness slightly reduced so you don't feel any odd. OraLavukku Pocketable thaan, enna freeya okkaara mudiyaathu :lol:

Good to know.. thanks for your inputs.

vithagan
11th October 2012, 08:23 PM
Vithagan, these kind of comparisons are a joke, seriously. When 4S released, similar cartoon was made comparing the fone with a real brick :banghead:

Btw, NFC in a smartphone is a very good/advanced tech for Financial transactions, i mean, replacing the current Credit cards which are swipe based. Its cheap too. Infact there are microSD cards which come with inbult NFC which can be used with Android Phones! So even if you don't have NFC, you can add it easily.

Problem is at Merchant side. So, infact Android itself curently don't support NFC for Financial transactions. Till then, there are alternative uses.

See this article -> The most practical, creative ways to use NFC with your Android device (http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-57478334-285/the-most-practical-creative-ways-to-use-nfc-with-your-android-device/)

http://howto.cnet.com/1770-5_39-0.html?query=NFC&tag=srch&searchtype=blogs&blognames=How+To

NFC - many many merchants in the states support this. I was disappointed that iPhone 5 did not come with NFC. And NFC has many capabilities, not just using it to pay at stores.

NFC'la ivlo vishayam irukka.. interesting...

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
11th October 2012, 11:13 PM
Wow sakala, note 2? How much was it? rombO vasathiyO :D

Ada pOnga Nerd Neenga Vera :lol: rendu moonu assured commitments kkaaga vaangi irukken! ellaam antha S-Pen based apps development kku thaan! pucherla intha fone ai vechi ennennamO pannanumnu idea irukku, paappOm! Its retailing around 38K! I got it on EMI with zero processing/interest.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
11th October 2012, 11:17 PM
Vithagan, Like Nerd says NFC somewhat widely used in most developed countries, USJapan/SG etc.. But Merchants has to buy new devices, which is the bottleneck till now. Otherwise there are many use cases.

This video explains them - NFC Tags & Android fone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN1GFa1DO3k

Me worked on NFC payments and e-ticketing, in past.

vithagan
11th October 2012, 11:54 PM
Vithagan, Like Nerd says NFC somewhat widely used in most developed countries, USJapan/SG etc.. But Merchants has to buy new devices, which is the bottleneck till now. Otherwise there are many use cases.

This video explains them - NFC Tags & Android fone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN1GFa1DO3k

Me worked on NFC payments and e-ticketing, in past.

Its tempting to buy NFC enabled MicroSD & NFC tags.. to try it out :)

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
12th October 2012, 12:07 AM
Vithagan, They r available but lots of thalai valis there too! Guess they shud get cleared in coming versions...

One company DeviceFidelity makes it. But again there aren't drivers for all phones. Ethu senjaalum specs alasi aaraainjitty seunga! :)

vithagan
12th October 2012, 12:20 AM
Vithagan, They r available but lots of thalai valis there too! Guess they shud get cleared in coming versions...

One company DeviceFidelity makes it. But again there aren't drivers for all phones. Ethu senjaalum specs alasi aaraainjitty seunga! :)

Ok, thanks for the heads up. Will wait for reliable products to hit the market.

Senareb
12th October 2012, 10:16 AM
http://www.dinamalar.com/News_Detail.asp?Id=563893

உலகில் 600 கோடி செல்போன் உபயோகிப்பாளர்கள்

ஜெனிவா: உலகில் தற்போது வரை செல்போன் பயன்படுத்துபவர்களின் எண்ணிக்கை 600 கோடியை எட்டியுள்ளதாக ஐ.நா., தொலைத்தொடர்பு ஏஜென்சி தெரிவித்துள்ளது. ஐ.நா., தொலைத்தொடர்பு ஏஜென்சி இன்று வெளியிட்டுள்ள அறிக்கையில், கடந்த 2011ம் ஆண்டு இறுதி கணக்கின்படி, உலகில் செல்போன் பயன்படுத்துபவர்களின் எண்ணிக்கை 600 கோடியை தொட்டுள்ளதாக தெரிவிக்கப்பட்டுள்ளது. இது, தோராயமாக 100 பேரில் 86 பேர் செல்போன் பயன்படுத்துகின்றனர் என்பதை குறிப்பதாக தெரிவித்துள்ள அந்த அறிக்கை, சீனா மட்டும் 100 கோடி செல்போன் உபயோகிப்பாளர்களை கொண்டுள்ளதாகவும் கூறுகிறது. மேலும், இந்த ஆண்டு இறுதிக்குள் இந்தியாவும் 100 கோடி செல்போன் உபயோகிப்பாளர்களை கொண்ட நாடாக மாறும் எனவும் அந்த அறிக்கையில் தெரிவிக்கப்பட்டுள்ளது.

app_engine
15th October 2012, 10:43 PM
Cardboard instead of metal :shock:

http://news.yahoo.com/cardboard-bicycle-change-world-says-israeli-inventor-090732689.html (http://news.yahoo.com/cardboard-bicycle-change-world-says-israeli-inventor-090732689.html)

MOSHAV AHITUV, Israel (Reuters) - A bicycle made almost entirely of cardboard has the potential to change transportation habits from the world's most congested cities to the poorest reaches of Africa, its Israeli inventor says.

Izhar Gafni, 50, is an expert in designing automated mass-production lines. He is an amateur cycling enthusiast who for years toyed with an idea of making a bicycle from cardboard.

He told Reuters during a recent demonstration that after much trial and error, his latest prototype has now proven itself and mass production will begin in a few months.

"I was always fascinated by applying unconventional technologies to materials and I did this on several occasions. But this was the culmination of a few things that came together. I worked for four years to cancel out the corrugated cardboard's weak structural points," Gafni said.

"Making a cardboard box is easy and it can be very strong and durable, but to make a bicycle was extremely difficult and I had to find the right way to fold the cardboard in several different directions. It took a year and a half, with lots of testing and failure until I got it right," he said.

The bicycles are not only very cheap to make, they are very light and do not need to be adjusted or repaired, the solid tires that are made of reconstituted rubber from old car tires will never get a puncture, Elmish said.

"These bikes need no maintenance and no adjustment, a car timing belt is used instead of a chain, and the tires do not need inflating and can last for 10 years," he said.

A full-size cardboard bicycle will weigh around 9 kg (about 20 lbs) compared to an average metal bicycle, which weight around 14 kg.

The urban bicycle, similar to London's "Boris bikes" and others worldwide, will have a mounting for a personal electric motor. Commuters would buy one and use it for their journey and then take it home or to work where it could be recharged.

He said that as bicycles would be so cheap, it hardly mattered how long they lasted.

"So you buy one, use it for a year and then you can buy another one, and if it breaks, you can take it back to the factory and recycle it," he said.

Gafni predicted that in the future, cardboard might even be used in cars and even aircraft "but that is still a way down the road."

"We are just at the beginning and from here my vision is to see cardboard replacing metals ... and countries that right now don't have the money, will be able to benefit from so many uses for this material," he said.

http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/.JVk5.ad18rfezbun.G5Eg--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Y2g9MjMzMztjcj0xO2N3PTM1MDA7ZHg9MD tkeT0wO2ZpPXVsY3JvcDtoPTQyMDtxPTg1O3c9NjMw/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/Reuters/2012-10-15T094659Z_386135042_GM1E8AF1D5S01_RTRMADP_3_ISRAE L-CARDBOARDBIKE.JPG

app_engine
16th October 2012, 12:25 AM
I got so excited with this cardboard news and was talking about it in the lunch room. There was this gentleman (whom I've seen from time to time to be aloof and quiet) who talked to me that he too read about it and got thoroughly impressed.

Now I got another "AhA" moment when this lunch-room-co-worker explained his background...

Since this is an IT center, I associate all with IT as the main current occupation (though many have got electronics / telecom and other engg background).

This man too has a bachelors in ECE from India, works in IT for the last decade...but did his MS here in chemical tech. ("I wanted to learn something different") and is now doing his PhD in "bio medical sciences" (DNA samAchchAram)...:surprised:

mareen
16th October 2012, 04:47 AM
Got giften an ipad 3 recently. Loving it.

hamid
17th October 2012, 10:10 AM
Android Cricket Scorer App by Tim Carter

Initiated and were playing cricket during weekends for quite soem time now with friends here.... We used to print scoresheets and use them for trackign the scores and it is kind of difficult.. SO we used to track only the team score and score by every over so far...Last week I asked, y cant we develop a small application which can be used in our mobiles or laptop to capture and track the scores...we even inteneded to develop one in HTML using javascript...

then searched in Android market and found this one..was very good and this app is simple and effective... has features of capturing everything including various scoring maps, sending email etc etc.. just lovng it..already tested the same while watching the match yesterday and was great...going to use this in this friday's match.. :)
Thought could be useful for someone who are palying gully cricket :)

rsubras
18th October 2012, 06:27 PM
how good is a BSNL Pantel tablet? reviews any one? if it is not a value for money, I am thinking of purchasing a good performance tablet Samsung P2 @ around 18-19K

Senareb
18th October 2012, 11:09 PM
http://www.engadget.com/2012/10/18/google-launches-11-6-inch-arm-based-samsung-chromebook-249-ul/

Google launches 11.6-inch ARM-based Samsung Chromebook: $249, ultrathin, 6.5-hour battery, 1080p video

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
19th October 2012, 01:03 AM
how good is a BSNL Pantel tablet? reviews any one? if it is not a value for money, I am thinking of purchasing a good performance tablet Samsung P2 @ around 18-19K

BSNL tablets are another lot of china tablets. Its tough to find reviews for them, better get funbook if around ~5K is ur budget. But tablet may last at max 3 years thatsall. If ready to spend 20K I would suggest to buy a 10 inch tablet itself. If u r ok spending 22.5K u will get iPad2 16GB which is still good!

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
19th October 2012, 01:04 AM
http://www.engadget.com/2012/10/18/google-launches-11-6-inch-arm-based-samsung-chromebook-249-ul/

Google launches 11.6-inch ARM-based Samsung Chromebook: $249, ultrathin, 6.5-hour battery, 1080p video

With Exynos Dualcore CPU and Chrome OS, actually not many things can be done

rsubras
20th October 2012, 01:47 PM
BSNL tablets are another lot of china tablets. Its tough to find reviews for them, better get funbook if around ~5K is ur budget. But tablet may last at max 3 years thatsall. If ready to spend 20K I would suggest to buy a 10 inch tablet itself. If u r ok spending 22.5K u will get iPad2 16GB which is still good!

intha kaalathula 3 years for a electronic device is a very long period, I wud say :) but antha 3 varushathukku ithai maximum utilize panna mudiyuma enbathu than ennoda kelvi...... how good is a Samsung Tab 2, found rave reviews in almost many sites for this..... is it a good value for money?

and whatz ur suggestion for the 10 inch tablet

selvakumar
20th October 2012, 10:08 PM
intha kaalathula 3 years for a electronic device is a very long period, I wud say :)
True. A laptop's life these days is just 3 years. If it survives that period it is well and good. I bought acer laptop (cheap & affordable at that time). I am happy that it had survived except the battery.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
21st October 2012, 05:51 PM
intha kaalathula 3 years for a electronic device is a very long period, I wud say :) but antha 3 varushathukku ithai maximum utilize panna mudiyuma enbathu than ennoda kelvi...... how good is a Samsung Tab 2, found rave reviews in almost many sites for this..... is it a good value for money?

Subbu, Tab 2 is just Ok. Becos the hardware is slightly updated and the Indian price is always higher!

Since u r ok for 20K, U can go for this Tablet - http://www.flipkart.com/lenovo-ideapad-tablet-k1/p/itmd3497sazwg9zu?pid=TABD3492UQH5SKGF&ref=afed8c36-8bb4-4d95-8815-dfefe3573267

This is the only 10.1 inch Tab available in 20K range. The next one is 37K Range! I am suggesting only branded tablets like Acer/Lenovo/Samsung/Motorola and not including Micromax etc. But if u want to try tablet experience for some months at low cost, u can go for Micromax Funbook 5.5K only! Its 7 inch tab.

If u hav someone in US, u will get great options for 20K. For ex See this -> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834215380&name=Tablets This Acer Tab retails for $350 which is around 18K and has Quad Core. Other specs too are great!

Let me know your thoughts :)

Amazon tablets link (http://www.amazon.com/s/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&field-keywords=tablets&linkCode=ur2&rh=n%3A172282%2Ck%3Atablets&tag=thhu051-20&url=search-alias%3Delectronics)

rsubras
22nd October 2012, 02:00 PM
detailed response ku romba thanks sakala.......... enakku aana konjam nirayyave doubts innum irukku............ time kidaikkumbothu reply panavum

1. Ideapad k1 pathi perisa reviews positive ah illa.......... slower speed for its processing speed, worst camera for its 5 mp, screen resolution looks bad than it actually should have been.. ippadi niraya negatives than iruku......... 10.1 inch ngratha thavira what are the other positives that you see in that?

2. ithu rombave basic ah na oru question.......... a tablet vs a mini laptop.......... ...who should choose a tablet, and who, a laptop? if requirement is (not for me) a minimal business work (such as maintaining and managing documents / worksheets) and maximum entertainment (konjam gaming, niraya movies) which one would be the better option?

hamid
22nd October 2012, 02:27 PM
ithu rombave basic ah na oru question.......... a tablet vs a mini laptop.......... ...who should choose a tablet, and who, a laptop?

I too have this question.. pliss to answer :)

Also, can we connect the Tablet to external USB DVD writers? External Hard disks( USB on the go?), connect it to network(LAN)?

hamid
24th October 2012, 11:10 AM
Bought a Galaxy Note Tab y'day night :smokesmirk: Itz superfast and looks awesome so far... but not all Andriod apps are so compatible for Tablets.. any recommended apps for Tabs?

PARAMASHIVAN
24th October 2012, 04:22 PM
Hi All

Can some one recommend me some cool apps for Galaxy S3 ?

Thanks

PARAMASHIVAN
24th October 2012, 10:22 PM
Can some one pls recommend me website to download MP3 songs? I tried few like Tamilwire, but they dont seem to download, once you click on the song. They just Play the song rather than downloading it.

Thanks

Anban
25th October 2012, 07:50 AM
Bought a Galaxy Note Tab y'day night :smokesmirk: Itz superfast and looks awesome so far... but not all Andriod apps are so compatible for Tablets.. any recommended apps for Tabs?

They have a special section for that in play store. Also just Google, there are a lot of articles in the net.

vithagan
26th October 2012, 01:13 AM
Can some one pls recommend me website to download MP3 songs? I tried few like Tamilwire, but they dont seem to download, once you click on the song. They just Play the song rather than downloading it.

Thanks

On the songs link, You have to right click and select "Save link as" or "Save target as" .

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
30th October 2012, 04:50 AM
Google released 3 new devcies, Nexus4 phone, Nexus7(revampted specs) & Nexus10 Tablet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66-4uMQqerA

http://googleblog.blogspot.ca/2012/10/nexus-best-of-google-now-in-three-sizes.html

Amazon link (http://www.amazon.com/s/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&keywords=google%20nexus&linkCode=ur2&qid=1354007556&rh=n%3A172282%2Ck%3Agoogle%20nexus&sort=relevancerank&tag=thhu051-20)

PARAMASHIVAN
30th October 2012, 05:12 PM
On the songs link, You have to right click and select "Save link as" or "Save target as" .

Many thanks :)

Ramkumar86
31st October 2012, 01:14 PM
I thought of buying low budget android phone. Now i selected "Micromax Superfone Ninja2 A56(Blue)" phone [6000 rs]. Looks like it has got all the features except poor quality camera. If anybody know any other better option please suggest me.

mareen
31st October 2012, 02:25 PM

Thanks
Which browser are you using for tamilwire? Boat browser can download. But use tamilbeat.

mareen
31st October 2012, 02:28 PM

As much as i love Android do get an iPad as a tablet. I know ipad does not support flash but so will the future version of Android.

PARAMASHIVAN
31st October 2012, 04:07 PM
Which browser are you using for tamilwire? Boat browser can download. But use tamilbeat.

Thanks, I have manged to download :)

mareen
1st November 2012, 01:34 AM
Thanks, I have manged to download :)

Also if you use dolphin browser download easy downloader app and they can work together as a download manager for you. This way u can multi download really fast and save the file on the location u want.

directhit
1st November 2012, 04:55 PM
skv and b(k) - howz ur note2 battery so far? have been hearing awesome things abt its battery so far and i hv preordered mine now :p (no stocks for grey color throught the country!! :x) hoping to get it in a week and wud be on the android wagon for 2 more years atleast...

veetula wife jumped from iphone4 to S3, but within couple of months jumped back to iphone5 now, primarily cos of S3's camera! :sigh2:

PARAMASHIVAN
1st November 2012, 05:10 PM
Also if you use dolphin browser download easy downloader app and they can work together as a download manager for you. This way u can multi download really fast and save the file on the location u want.

Ok will give that a go, thanks

PARAMASHIVAN
1st November 2012, 05:10 PM
Any one got Samsung Galaxy S3 ?

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
8th November 2012, 02:34 AM
ஐ-பத்மினி( :lol: ) Review

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSTdBGh-uPE

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
8th November 2012, 02:48 AM
meone here asked about battery pack. HEre is a good video about that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kSKuD3R0T4

venkkiram
8th November 2012, 03:27 AM
To Nerd and other Hubbers at USA,

What is your wish list for this Black friday 2012 shopping (http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=as_acph_ce_he_1118_11?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=ur2&node=1288710011&tag=thhu051-20)?

As far as electronics concerned, am trying to purchase following.

1) Tablet (haven't decided yet iPad/Nexus/Samsung)
2) Mobile (would like to upgrade as mine became eligible for upgrade)
3) Receiver and Speakers (haven't decided yet)
4) Xbox (for my son! actually I got impressed more than him!)
5) Monitor for home ( laptop monitor got some perpendicular solid lines)
6) All-in-one Wireless Printer

Sakala, you can contribute and provide your inputs. check bfads.net. already best buy revealed their flyer today.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
8th November 2012, 07:32 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXnpoxTlxnc

vithagan
9th November 2012, 02:28 AM
To Nerd and other Hubbers at USA,

What is your wish list for this Black friday 2012 shopping (http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=as_acph_ce_he_1118_11?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=ur2&node=1288710011&tag=thhu051-20)?

As far as electronics concerned, am trying to purchase following.

1) Tablet (haven't decided yet iPad/Nexus/Samsung)
2) Mobile (would like to upgrade as mine became eligible for upgrade)
3) Receiver and Speakers (haven't decided yet)
4) Xbox (for my son! actually I got impressed more than him!)
5) Monitor for home ( laptop monitor got some perpendicular solid lines)
6) All-in-one Wireless Printer

Sakala, you can contribute and provide your inputs. check bfads.net. already best buy revealed their flyer today.

Personally I'm looking forward to buy mac.. either pro/air/mini yet to be decided.. AND DSLR if any good deals

Regarding the points you mentioned I can give my likings/input.. final decision is up to you

1. Nexus 7 / Nexus 10 ( I don't have any latest tablet , innum Android on Touchpad dhaan odittu irukku ;)

2. Recently upgraded my phone from HTC Inspire to iPhone 5, I like iPhone, please note this is my first iPhone since debut so that may be the reason i like ;)

Galaxy S3 is the best bet next to iphone 5 ( depends on the usage, some people say S3 is better than iphone 5). If you look for more features S3/Note 2, if you look for robust, user friendly better camera & display iphone 5. Again its my personal opinion.

BF has the Galaxy S3 for 89 cents in Sams club ( of course with 2 yrs contract) / $50 in bestbuy etc

3. I bought Onkyo receiver (SR607) & Onkyo speakers (little bulky though) 3 years ago, till now no issues and going strong.

4. Walmart/Bestbuy/Target has some good offers on Xbox for BF

5. I heard ASUS LEDs are good. I'm sure you will see lot many on BF

6. Try to get it for free ( after rebates) or not to go above $20. There will be many offers for printer.. so don't spend too much on printers.