PDA

View Full Version : Which non-indian film u saw recently has made u post here???

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

AravindMano
18th June 2011, 01:37 AM
I am planning to watch 'Tree Of Life'. I am planning to watch 'Avan Ivan' too. I am planning to watch 'Aaranya Kandam' also. Not sure which one I will end up watching.

ajithfederer
18th June 2011, 01:43 AM
sooperappu...

kid-glove
18th June 2011, 05:10 AM
Mano,
It has to be "Tree of Life". Every Malick film is like a moment in film history, long hiatus in between shooting up the expectations to roof top. And with a trailer like that, you must, must watch it ASAP..

Querida
18th June 2011, 10:33 AM
"Biutiful"

Javier really steals the show, his hard exterior and vulnerable moments, his anguish, guilt, his well-meaningfulness and need to survive, his devotion towards his kids are all what allow you to keep watching this grim gloomy movie with a touch of the looming supernatural.

Sunil_M88
18th June 2011, 08:50 PM
I've been an ass and watched numerous films this week, though the da vinci code and the passion of the christ were the most engaging out of the lot.

ajithfederer
18th June 2011, 11:23 PM
Halloo

U Seen?

Mano,
It has to be "Tree of Life". Every Malick film is like a moment in film history, long hiatus in between shooting up the expectations to roof top. And with a trailer like that, you must, must watch it ASAP..

AravindMano
19th June 2011, 03:42 AM
af - It was Avan Ivan. :D

Doctor - as prescribed. Tamil films play mostly for only a week, so I had to catch Avan Ivan first.

ajithfederer
19th June 2011, 03:53 AM
Same here bud. Watched it yesterday.

kid-glove
19th June 2011, 10:27 PM
No I haven't seen. But if I had the chance, I'd have..

Querida
20th June 2011, 02:09 AM
"Bridesmaids"

Hangover for the girlies...tragicomedy with squeamish craziness...fluff with hints of grey

"There will be blood"

Why it took me this long to watch this movie, I don't know..but I'm glad I got to watch it at least now.
Daniel Day Lewis, whose accolades were frankly lost on me in "Gangs of New York" (when a teen and in which I mostly forwarded "gory/gross" scenes).

Powerful, enigmatic, insanely well etched character,
oilman not only in profession, but within his very being
mention for Dano too,
(i wonder how one feels when they are commended for playing an awful character so very well...)
BGM is so very creepy and so very apt.
Script...minimalistic yet echoingly memorable.

groucho070
20th June 2011, 06:52 AM
Mano,
It has to be "Tree of Life". Every Malick film is like a moment in film history, long hiatus in between shooting up the expectations to roof top. And with a trailer like that, you must, must watch it ASAP..This because I cannot click "Like" :smile:

groucho070
20th June 2011, 06:53 AM
Fantastic Mr. Fox.

What can I say? Fantastic!

ajithfederer
22nd June 2011, 01:04 PM
Major league II (1994) - Funny ass spoof film. Charlie sheen's middle name should be Funny. A owner who wants his team to lose, A pitcher who throws pies, A mad fan who taunts his own team and a catcher who can't throw back to the pitcher. Pit everything against each other you get a mad comedy.

Great choice of sheen's(Kodutha vecha dawg) girl friends - One was hot and the other was homely..

ajithfederer
25th June 2011, 04:23 AM
Two and a half men - Season 7 (Episodes 10-24) - Notorious, outrageous, hilarious. The season is off to a blast when Chelsea dumps Charlie. :rotfl:. Add Jake in mid-teens and Alan we are in for a riot. TAHM is the best sit com in show business in the stateside.

groucho070
25th June 2011, 07:37 AM
Well, no longer after this. What a shame.

Nerd
25th June 2011, 07:32 PM
:notthatway: That should be "How to Train your Dragon" 8-)
+1.

Watched KFP 2. Liked it better than part 1. They have thrown in some father sentiment in this. The panda is one of the greatest characters in the history of animation films. But the support characters are weak and they dint spend much time on developing the villain, like #1. And the 'inner peace' thingi was so predictable. But they made this film for 3-10 year olds, so can't complain. Anyway can watch for the laughs and the thrills.

kid-glove
25th June 2011, 08:26 PM
Well, no longer after this. What a shame.

Yeah, Vast chunk of the charm is down to Sheen's chemistry with Cryer, Mom, Kid & rest. Chuck Lorre is going to parody it by replacing him with Ashton Kutcher :twisted:

Can't wait for TBBT. Let's hope Jim Parsons doesn't get into trouble. Lorre would replace him with Michael Cera :lol2:

ajithfederer
26th June 2011, 07:03 AM
TAHM is perhaps the only piece of work(Movie or Teleseries) where almost every character is so perfect of whatever i have watched. Be it the stalking rose, biatch of an ex-wife Judith, show runner Charlie, Sharp tongued house keeper Berta :bow: and his Anti-christ of a Mother evelyn harper. Jake needs a special para. Dude, is the coolest kid in Hollywood now w/o no ego in his head. The teenage boy makes 300 grand a week. Only come september 2011, we will come to know whether Warner Bros and Chuck Lorre have cut their golden goose from their ratings. I still plan 2 watch the series from the 9th season.

FX(4 episodes/day) and My Phl 17(2/day) roll all episodes of TAHM in their channels. FEI, Guys don't need to buy the dvd's to watch all the previous 7 seasons.

TAHM - Season 4 Season starter - Whose Vod Kanockers?. Steven Tyler is the cameo, Charlie after season 3 finale when his marriage with Mia called off takes Alan back. LOL Moments are Jake's imitation of Harper brother's fight, charlie getting his ass kicked by steven tyler and gifting the vomittied Alan's gifted hat back at Tyler.

A live woman of proven fertility - . Charlie dates a new girl just like his mother's character and works even in the same profession(real estate). When Alan and Berta point out the obvious similarities, charlie is blinded by love(sex).

kid-glove
26th June 2011, 12:23 PM
They have cut him from the new season. Kutcher is going to play Charlie Harper :sigh2:

ajaybaskar
29th June 2011, 10:40 AM
revolver

ஒரு எழவும் புரியல..

groucho070
29th June 2011, 10:52 AM
They have cut him from the new season. Kutcher is going to play Charlie Harper :sigh2:Yeah, Stan and I been following up on this and certainly are terribly disappointed. You are right, it's gonna be a parody.

ajithfederer
29th June 2011, 11:19 AM
I guess the show will live on. The material is too good and the supporting acts are great. Kutcher has already some good experience doing the 70s show. And the fault is not entirely with Chuck Lorre at all. Sheen screwed it up beyond remedy. Even during the 7th and 8th seasons they stopped producing the show cause of Mr. Sheen's drug/sex escapades and Grapevine is that the technical crew were fed up cos of sheen and they are quite relieved now.

ajithfederer
29th June 2011, 11:23 AM
Kutcher is younger to Sheen. May be they can keep pushing Charlie Harper for another 3-4 seasons as a bachelor if they want to milk the system. He will certainly fit the look and if he puts up a decent show and the show can be still successful w/o sheen.

kid-glove
29th June 2011, 12:17 PM
Problem is Kutcher could never fit the bill as Charlie Harper. Sheen brought so much vanity & bullying to the part. So much so it's difficult to see someone with soft edges & metrosexual demeanor doing it. Gonna be a parody of what Sheen brought to the role as Grouch fears.

Lorre should do the honorable thing & close this show down, I think..

groucho070
29th June 2011, 12:25 PM
Surprised with your slight optimism, Stan. You yourself said how much Sheen brought his real self to the character and contributed to the success of the show. That can never be replicated.

But at the same time, let's look at James Bond. Template irunthum, Connery brought much of the ruggedness to the role, owned it to the point they thought nobody can replace him. Well, the critics were wrong, look at the character now.

ajithfederer
1st July 2011, 06:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8_CFzVkiTE

Jon cryer(Alan) winning an emmy. Listen at the end what he has to say about Charlie sheen 8-)

This is one where you find only in season dvd's. Charlie's ex-reunuion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeD6GGHfETs

groucho070
1st July 2011, 06:35 AM
The mighty power of James Cagney.

Angels With Dirty Faces.

What a movie. More importantly, what an actor. Oh man, my talaivar's Talaivar-na chummava....suttodu suudaa, I revisited Roaring Twenties. Both with Bogart in it, and Bogart maybe awesome, but the shorter Cagney overshadows him, towers over him.

Querida
2nd July 2011, 10:05 AM
"Larry Crowne" another convienient outing capped by a movie...if it isn't annoying enough that they keep trying to put two polar opposites together as a couple it's two stellar actors who just don't go together. Tom Hanks seems like he's just playing himself, must be the effect of writing the story yourself perhaps? Julia contradicts the one thing she underlines in her class, which is to "care". Amusing performance by George Takai....Gugu Mbatha-Raw as Thalia, a cute actress who may have potential in soon times..new look for valderrama 8-)

Mahen
2nd July 2011, 08:10 PM
T3...Bay pothumda..mudiyile..but VFX and action sequence :bow: intha company endhiran vfx pannirukalam :lol2:

Mahen
2nd July 2011, 08:17 PM
watched one whole season of 24(season 8) at one go..started watching 9pm and finished it the next morning...amazing..it was so bloody addictive and i just couldnt stop..beats all the CSIs/prison break etc..jack bauer :bow:

littlemaster1982
3rd July 2011, 05:53 PM
Planes, Trains & Automobiles :2thumbsup:

ajithfederer
4th July 2011, 12:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0LQnQSrC-g

MI-4 Trailer(not bad) was shown while wathing Tformers 3.

ajithfederer
5th July 2011, 12:36 PM
The Tree of Life - Some mixed emotions nevertheless a great watch :clap:. More on it tomorrow.

AravindMano
5th July 2011, 09:06 PM
ajithfederar - sooper. Please write about it. I must watch it this weekend.

AravindMano
5th July 2011, 09:19 PM
A couple of films, watched rather unwillingly.

Transformers 3, frustrating to say the least. I am not much of a fan of such films, but this one is an absolute non-starter even for people like me. Too long & tedious. The final spectacle is well done, (but sad to see Chicago that way, I love that city), but wait, you just can’t keep going on and on. The humor is bland; romance insipid. Though the characters move around in 3D, they are strictly one dimensional. And I hate 3D.

Cars 2 – Much of the time was spent in wondering why I came to this film if I don’t really connect well to animation films. But like Kung Fu Panda 2, this was alright as a time-pass watch, though the general template of such films is getting old. I loved the way they brought London and Paris on animation. Did I mention I hate 3D?

Four Funerals and A Wedding – I liked Hugh Grant in Notting Hill and chose this one to watch but seems he has a limited stock of expressions. This had an interesting premise at least and one should feel satisfied I guess. A few harmless laughs – especially the scene in which Grant gets locked in the room with the newly wed couple doing some Haunn stuff and that discussion about 32 sexual encounters; And that “Funeral Blues” poem was lovely.

ajithfederer
6th July 2011, 02:50 AM
The Tree of life - Like Robert De Niro said it is very hard to say why TTOL won the Palme D' Or likewise it is very difficult to write a review about this film. You have to watch it to grasp it. Hands down this is the most unique film I've watched ever. The movie is all about Visuals. Everything about cinematography. Terence Malick deserves a lot of praise. Suthi podalamnu solra alavukku irukku.

In present day, The film starts with a mother of a family receiving a telegram and then it is thrown into visuals of the Big Bang Theory(thanks wiki). It was just like watching a documentary from Nature channel or animal planet. It went on for like at-least 10-15 minutes. It's all about the evolution of the earth. There is No dialog or anything. It was just GOING. I was just frustrated when it was going on and I was thinking it was a wrong idea.

And when it is all finally over that's when the real beauty and the best part of the film starts. Cut to flashback, The movie moves to Texas, Pitt/Jessica Chastain as the mother with starkly different personalities. While the father is very strict and tries to insubordinate his kids into submission ridiculing even the minor matters the kids especially the bigger one doesnt like it a bit. The acting is natural to the last bit from the entire family. :clap:. The mother is just an Angel from Heaven which every boy dreams when growing up to have. The next hour and half or so is all about the family and that's why it is Brilliant and should be watched in Theatre if you can stand the previous 20-25 mins.

The ending of the film is again wide open to various interpretations. I don't want to say anything more as I have revealed a bit too much as it is already.

P.S: Brad Pitt is terrific as a father who wants to mould his children in the tough ways of today's world. I would be surprised if he doesn't get a nomination from the Academy this year.
:clap:

ajithfederer
6th July 2011, 02:55 AM
http://www.brynmawrfilm.org/

I had to take a train from Philly to go to Bryn mawr to see this film. This place is a wonder. They just have 2 screens and do just 3/4 shows a day max. They don't release new releases/blockbusters as such. They only release mostly Hollywood classics and critically acclaimed foreign films. The other film which was running there was Woody Allen's A midnight in Paris with a star studded cast and the trailer didn't look bad either.

For more info look into the link above.

Querida
6th July 2011, 09:20 AM
Nice review of TTOL...hope to watch it soon.

ajaybaskar
6th July 2011, 10:44 AM
Unknown

Watchable for the suspense factor.

ajithfederer
8th July 2011, 05:52 AM
Two and a Half Men

Season 4 : Episode 22, 23 and 24.

Mr. McGlue's Feedbag - Alan asks Charlie to look after Jake when he has to go to DMV but charlie instead takes him to the track where Jake luckily wins 1120$.

Anteaters, They're Just Crazy Looking - Charlie loses a woman he is dating to a young, handsome handyman, Fernando (ENRIQUE IGLESIAS), who is working on Charlie's house. Fun-tastic episode.

Prostitutes and Gelato - Charlie and Alan must confront their "daddy issues" when Evelyn's new boyfriend, Teddy (ROBERT WAGNER - "Hart to Hart"), invites them to Las Vegas on his private jet to watch a boxing match.

Season 5, 1:
Large Birds, Spiders And Mom - Charlie and Alan try to prepare Jake for his first day of junior high school -- but they might end up traumatizing him instead. Funny as hell.

These are one of the best episodes in 4th season.

Dilbert
10th July 2011, 03:16 AM
Horrible Bosses - great comedy movie ! Jennifer Aniston :lol: :slurp: Seriously.. Kevin spacey lol

Nerd
11th July 2011, 06:13 PM
Horrible Bosses - great comedy movie ! Jennifer Aniston :lol: :slurp: Seriously.. Kevin spacey lol
Unimaginative title/story not withstanding, great timepass flick. Aniston was just super awesome. Wish she had more scenes. Fantastic casting. The Navtec Indian guy :lol:

kid-glove
11th July 2011, 06:16 PM
Thanks Feddy (on TTOL.) My expectations for this film is quite scary now..

groucho070
12th July 2011, 09:31 AM
Transformers Dark of the moon (3D).

To hell with 3D. After the trailers (especially the part Cap America throws the shield at us), the effect wears off. KAthu pakkamaa vali-than miccham (the glass).

Wife loved it. I'd say it's better than the second one. One scene stands out, and it looks like more of Spielberg's contribution, where they are trapped in the building (must be rejetted from earlier Jurassic Park draft). Good to hear "Spock" as bad guy. Expect the expected (from Bay, what else do you expect?).

ajithfederer
13th July 2011, 05:02 AM
:oops:.

Yenga edhukkum konjam expectations kammi pannitu poi paarunga. Aravindmano paathutaara illaya?/

Thanks Feddy (on TTOL.) My expectations for this film is quite scary now..

Balaji.r
13th July 2011, 11:04 PM
One hour photo.

Decent thriller about a lab technician who would be obsessed with a family. Even though the reason for obsessive nature on yorkin family was not clearly brought out. Ending was good.

Querida
14th July 2011, 09:12 AM
Watched this quite awhile back...quite soon after I watched "insomnia", though I don't prefer Williams in villainous roles..he has a certain dark intensity about him....i'll never forget Willams's blood scene in that movie.

Balaji.r
14th July 2011, 03:14 PM
you liked this movie? Insomnia was pretty good. Most of the scenes are filled with robbin in one hour photo .

Querida
15th July 2011, 01:38 AM
Yes I did like it, it had surreal moments but it kinda was like watching a tv mystery episode...not fully fleshed out to be a good movie, but overall I was glad I watched it.

Insomnia :thumbsup: ...how could I go wrong?...my crush on Pacino movies was pretty bad in those days
and Robin in a villainous role...a first for me at the time.

ajithfederer
16th July 2011, 12:10 PM
Insidious(Horror film) - Not bad. A plausible story with some decent performances and created some good moments. Taken at a very low budget of a mil and a half and has made 80+. Talk about a great ROI.

jinju
17th July 2011, 07:29 AM
Insidious(Horror film) - Not bad. A plausible story with some decent performances and created some good moments. Taken at a very low budget of a mil and a half and has made 80+. Talk about a great ROI.

:clap:...very good horror ride indeed.

groucho070
17th July 2011, 02:05 PM
Harry Potter

Onniyume puriyala like usual, but having seen them all, I'd safely say that they saved the best for last. A good send off.

kid-glove
17th July 2011, 02:31 PM
David Yates last 4 films had its moments to his credit, but had never impressed me in entirety. That honor belongs to Cuaron's film..

AravindMano
18th July 2011, 07:23 PM
//ajithfederar - innum pAkkalai :oops: //

ajithfederer
18th July 2011, 09:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWWg4Jtg-EI&feature=related

16 year Fegan Mox in TAHM. Funny episode where in she comes as Berta's Granddd daughter.

groucho070
19th July 2011, 07:05 AM
Stan, ippo ethukku ithellam :lol:

Thilak, usually I can't tell which is which. But this film had scenes that I will remember, like the one with dragon and of course, Alan Rickman. Any films where they allow Alan Rickman to emote more than two expression is worth the money.

kid-glove
19th July 2011, 01:59 PM
Stan, ippo ethukku ithellam :lol:

Thilak, usually I can't tell which is which. But this film had scenes that I will remember, like the one with dragon and of course, Alan Rickman. Any films where they allow Alan Rickman to emote more than two expression is worth the money.

True. Lifting the mask off Severes to reveal the tragic figure in him..

But 'Prisoner of Azkaban' (with Hermoine's time turner) is the most cinematic, thoroughly uniform piece with a director who knows what he is doing. No more of the standard issue close-up's, s-rs routines. Lot more POV's (which is organic to the time-turner concept) & visual cues..

groucho070
19th July 2011, 02:05 PM
Maranthutten that scene. But thanks to wife, there will be HP marathon, and will check it out.

ajithfederer
20th July 2011, 03:39 AM
http://www.cbs.com/cms/files/Men_First_Look.jpg

First Look - Season 9

Hey Two and a Half Men fans here's the newest image for the upcoming season.

raghavendran
21st July 2011, 08:35 AM
Invictus
superb film :bow:..Morgan freeman as Mandela gave you a feeling that this is how Mandela would behave even though you haven seen him..
simple story but taken very effectively,no dramatic "idhu namma naadu" scenes..very subtle..and Matt damon in that first meeting with the president scene was :clap:.
very light hearted and enjoyable film

groucho070
21st July 2011, 08:51 AM
But 'Prisoner of Azkaban' (with Hermoine's time turner) is the most cinematic, thoroughly uniform piece with a director who knows what he is doing.Wife bought the DVD yesterday. Her favourite, because of Oldman. Funny, I liked it for Gary too. Chockful of extras, wife was happy explaining things for me; again intha fantasy vishayam ellam intha maramandaikku erathu. Watching the movie tonight, and will check out that scene you mentioned.

kid-glove
21st July 2011, 11:50 AM
It's not just the scene mate, the entire time turning concept was well realized. The source of illusionary deer is shown in final part, Severes. Oldman could do the role in his sleep, but the fear and anxiety is brought about by mere register of newspaper with brief images of his creepiness as a chained prison inmate. Then you realize the importance of casting.

ajithfederer
25th July 2011, 01:16 PM
Any everybody loves raymond fans here?. Some punniyavan in youtube has uploaded/uploading all the 9 seasons here.

http://www.youtube.com/user/aroldomenezes

venkkiram
28th July 2011, 08:14 PM
நீண்ட நாள் விருப்பம் நிறைவேறியது நேற்று.

Watched "The Shawshank Redemption". What a film! What a narration! Hats off to Director Frank Darabont, Actors Tim Robbins & Morgan Freeman, Cinematographer Roger Deakins, Music Director Thomas Newman. Have Completely spell bound by the screen play. :notworthy:

You can get busy living or get busy dying
Fear can keep you a prisoner. Hope can set you free
Remember Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies - கல்வெட்டில் பதிக்கப்பட வேண்டிய முத்தான வார்த்தைகள் .

The final parole where Red delivers matured dialogues.. wow.. what a performance! loved his voice... especially all the voice-over scenes. Authoritative and divine.

AravindMano
30th July 2011, 07:40 PM
Blue Valentine. Made me sad. Sad, sad, if this is how love would disintegrate over time. Really well made film.

I was looking forward to watch Ryan Gosling (he was impressive in the snatches of Half Nelson I saw), he was very good except when he cries. (I like very few Hollywood actors when they cry). But Michelle Williams was fantastic! :clap: The two actors were very good that it was difficult to take sides with one of the characters. But I think Cindy's childhood and family situations provide some interesting things to chew and ponder about this love story.

By the way, Crazy Stupid Love has released. Ryan Gosling looks dashing and very enthusiastic in that film. Should watch it for him.

kid-glove
30th July 2011, 08:31 PM
The Gosling film you shud check out nestu is Drive!

AravindMano
30th July 2011, 09:03 PM
Yes Doc, saw the trailer. Waiting.

ajithfederer
30th July 2011, 09:24 PM
Mad men season 1 :clap: :clap: :clap:

AMC's still the best in the business in making original series(es). More later.

ajithfederer
31st July 2011, 09:36 AM
How to lose a guy in 10 days - Bilady naansanss.

VENKIRAJA
31st July 2011, 10:39 AM
:rotfl2:

How to lose a guy in 10 days - Bilady naansanss.

Watched Up. Pixar :notworthy: What scintillating VFx! And, should I add that bluray ( Rip :p ) experience is awesome!

vithagan
31st July 2011, 05:52 PM
Unknown - Good :thumbsup:
Fair Game - Not fair, boring:fatigue:

ajithfederer
1st August 2011, 06:27 AM
http://images1.fanpop.com/images/photos/1600000/SPR-wallpaper-saving-private-ryan-1669309-1280-800.jpg

Saving Private Ryan Spielberg's best film yet. Tom Hank's best performance yet.

ajithfederer
1st August 2011, 07:12 AM
Vakkali this is a drama series of a life time. The props, the costumes, the authenticity, the performances(John Damm, John Slattery ; take a bow guys). It's 1960's America and Mad Men represents the guys working in Advertising business in Mad-ison avenue in NY. The series revolves around their professional/personal lives and its too good. Actually it's quite shocking and revealing how dirty the business world could be.

Special mention to Elisabeth Moss who plays Peggy Olson. Commendable performance Miss :clap:.

Kid, You've been through this?. Heavily recommended.

Mad men season 1 :clap: :clap: :clap:

AMC's still the best in the business in making original series(es). More later.

P.S: The men especially(and some of the women) could get cancer and liver disease(if what they are drinking is indeed booze) just by the amount they smoke and drink in these episodes. Food is another component. Almost every episode you see these guys consume various food in various events.

P.S 2: And throughout various episodes, they refer films from the 60's like the Psycho, the Apartment, funny things happened etc etc. Hell, this agency works on Nixon for the presidential election of the 60's.

groucho070
1st August 2011, 07:25 AM
SPR, watched in theatre in Singapore. Superb experience, the sound effect, the bullet zinging past you. First 45 minutes was cinematic experience par excellence. After that it was Mission Impossible set in WWII.

ajithfederer
2nd August 2011, 06:06 AM
Lipstick scene from Madmen :smokecigar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVI7-ufWR6I

kid-glove
2nd August 2011, 08:11 AM
I have, Feddy. It's brilliant. Hopefully I will finish the remaining 4th season episodes.

kid-glove
3rd August 2011, 02:14 AM
Tree of Life - As a massive Malick fan, I found it slightly disappointing without being surprised all along. Heidegger's Being & Beings. Angst & Finitude. Hermeneutic circle et all is all good (Forget one's own reservations about the diff. schools of thoughts, It's important to identify filmmaker's & the success with which it's realized ) but never comes together as one full piece as it winds up towards the end. Malick was always going to immanentize the eschaton after all the suggestivity in his previous films. Turning what Heidegger feared most about this medium on its own solipsistic head. For the most part, he succeeds. It DOES work as a tone poem that one'd expect from Malick, with its own pattern of aural-visual where the spoken word is, in various connotations, essentially the same Heideggerian question. Like all his films, there's a main narrative which meanders around that one mortal question as it touches amoral, oedipal, fraternal, filial & familial obligations - in short the very existence.

Malick achieves most of what he set out to do. And the way his career was treading all along, he was bound to make this. This works as an audacious cinematic ride since 'Enter the void' - For which reason, it ought to be seen in widest screen possible. Malick's fondness of v-o's isn't abusive. The images flow but not with cinematic poesis of a Tarkovsky, who seamlessly sculpts time & space. The darkness & bright light that's often used to counterpoint null void & emanating sentient source seem to stand for mortality of medium itself. WCM had never been used with as much efficacy in American cinema since Kubrick.

Subsequent views could change my mind, but I feel the urge to revisit his other (better) films than to ride on this again.

Btw If you ever thought Malick finds contemporary setting utterly vacuous & empty to stay off it, Sean Penn portion reaffirms the assumption.

kid-glove
3rd August 2011, 02:12 PM
The Thin Red Line :masterpiece: #TerrenceMalickMarathon

Sarna
3rd August 2011, 02:15 PM
Shawhank redemption - entertaining :2thumbsup: but too much use of bad words :oops2:

groucho070
3rd August 2011, 02:42 PM
The Thin Red Line :masterpiece: #TerrenceMalickMarathonYeah. Came out around Saving Private Ryan. This one wins.

ajithfederer
4th August 2011, 05:33 AM
http://www.amctv.com/mob-week/videos/mob-week-mobsters-on-getting-whacked

AMC :lol: :bow:. These are real - life mobsters talking about getting whacked from Luchese Crime family and the chicago outfit. . :smokesmirk:

ajithfederer
4th August 2011, 09:44 PM
"'She won't get married because she's never been in love.' I think I wrote that to sell nylons."

"For a lot of people love isn't just a slogan."

"When you mean love you mean a big lightning bolt to the heart, where you can't eat and you can't work, and you just run off and get married and make babies. The reason you haven't felt it is because it doesn't exist. What you call love was invented by guys like me to sell nylons."

"Is that right?"

"Pretty sure about it. You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts, but I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one."

"I don't think I realized it until this moment, but it must be hard being a man, too."

Don Draper You nasty basterd :smokesmirk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjg5TuXV09U&feature=related

ajithfederer
4th August 2011, 09:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yV4X-0TxBos&feature=related

SNL's parody on Don draper is funny. Watch it yourself.

kid-glove
4th August 2011, 10:56 PM
Yeah. Came out around Saving Private Ryan. This one wins.
Oh absolutely! There are also some similarities.

Dilbert
5th August 2011, 04:44 AM
http://www.amctv.com/mob-week/videos/mob-week-mobsters-on-getting-whacked

AMC :lol: :bow:. These are real - life mobsters talking about getting whacked from Luchese Crime family and the chicago outfit. . :smokesmirk:

Watched Mad Dog and glory , untouchables.. enna padam ! I am not sure we will get another era of true cinematic experience.. ! De Niro :notworthy:

Dilbert
5th August 2011, 04:46 AM
spin chilles oo spin chilles..

groucho070
5th August 2011, 07:34 AM
Mad Dog and Glory. What a reversal. De Niro as meek cop photographer and the fabulous Bill Murray as gangster. De Niro's love making scene, another lesson in acting.

kid-glove
5th August 2011, 12:26 PM
How did I manage to miss that!

groucho070
5th August 2011, 12:37 PM
Produced by Scorcese, some of his signature jumpcut ellam irukkum. Are you talking about missing Mad Dog?

kid-glove
5th August 2011, 01:36 PM
Yes. Mad dog.

groucho070
5th August 2011, 01:39 PM
Well, you can manage to unmiss it. If you don't mind Uma Thurman as well...what happened to her?

ajithfederer
7th August 2011, 11:14 AM
Mad men

Season 2 - Good.
Season 3 - Sexy. 3rd season finale is darn sexy.

Peggy - Don relationship is quite the complex of wwhatever I have seen.

VENKIRAJA
7th August 2011, 07:41 PM
Black Swan.
Ordinary, in comparison with Aronofsky's previous films.

littlemaster1982
8th August 2011, 12:27 AM
Primal Fear - I knew what was this film about, even before watching, due to Anniyan connection, but still the film got me. Ed Norton was :2thumbsup:

Dilbert
8th August 2011, 05:08 AM
Mad Dog and Glory. What a reversal. De Niro as meek cop photographer and the fabulous Bill Murray as gangster. De Niro's love making scene, another lesson in acting.

couldn't agree more !+ climax fist fight ! just mind blowing ..every living thing in those last few frames.. lived the moment ! really nice movie..I would have seen these movies like 20+ times easy still it gets me.

kid-glove
8th August 2011, 11:51 AM
Departed
- :notworthy:

ajaybaskar
8th August 2011, 12:04 PM
Inception again.

Onnum solradhukkilla..

raghavendran
8th August 2011, 02:40 PM
Bourne series
just awesome,never get tired of watching it..pinnacle of Action Thriller Genre :bow:

VENKIRAJA
8th August 2011, 06:49 PM
Up.
Missed this one in the big screens. அற்புதம். Especially, the couple montage :notworthy:
Bluray extras :clap:

venkkiram
8th August 2011, 07:11 PM
என்னங்க! ரெண்டு பெரும் ஒரே அவதாரை தேர்வு செய்திருக்கிங்க. உற்றுப் பார்த்த பிறகே இருவேறு பதிவர்கள் என அறிய முடிந்தது.

littlemaster1982
9th August 2011, 08:45 AM
Up.
Missed this one in the big screens. அற்புதம். Especially, the couple montage :notworthy:
Bluray extras :clap:

Where are you getting the blurays? Download/rent?

Balaji.r
9th August 2011, 08:49 AM
torrent. you get very good rips these days, LM. ~ 2GB

littlemaster1982
9th August 2011, 09:06 AM
I download those too. Venki was talking about extras, so I thought he is watching it on bluray.

Balaji.r
9th August 2011, 10:12 AM
In some torrents it comes with extra`s.

littlemaster1982
9th August 2011, 10:55 AM
WIll checkout.

kid-glove
9th August 2011, 12:22 PM
there are 14GB .iso mirrors as well. It's the entire Bluray disc.

VENKIRAJA
9th August 2011, 09:45 PM
Where are you getting the blurays? Download/rent?
:notthatway:

In some torrents it comes with extra`s.
Bluray Players are costly, and actually useless for our place. DDL or Torrentz, we get extras.

ajithfederer
12th August 2011, 03:04 AM
The Walking Dead - Season 1. Not bad.

Querida
15th August 2011, 10:28 AM
Friends with Benefits - parodying the rom-com while falling into its traps...flash mobs have lost their flashiness for me. JT seems to keep playing a character he had from previous films while MK is such a unreal beauty with an unconvincing romantic streak...

anbu_kathir
16th August 2011, 04:09 PM
Tree of Life - As a massive Malick fan, I found it slightly disappointing without being surprised all along. Heidegger's Being & Beings. Angst & Finitude. Hermeneutic circle et all is all good (Forget one's own reservations about the diff. schools of thoughts, It's important to identify filmmaker's & the success with which it's realized ) but never comes together as one full piece as it winds up towards the end. Malick was always going to immanentize the eschaton after all the suggestivity in his previous films. Turning what Heidegger feared most about this medium on its own solipsistic head. For the most part, he succeeds. It DOES work as a tone poem that one'd expect from Malick, with its own pattern of aural-visual where the spoken word is, in various connotations, essentially the same Heideggerian question. Like all his films, there's a main narrative which meanders around that one mortal question as it touches amoral, oedipal, fraternal, filial & familial obligations - in short the very existence.

Malick achieves most of what he set out to do. And the way his career was treading all along, he was bound to make this. This works as an audacious cinematic ride since 'Enter the void' - For which reason, it ought to be seen in widest screen possible. Malick's fondness of v-o's isn't abusive. The images flow but not with cinematic poesis of a Tarkovsky, who seamlessly sculpts time & space. The darkness & bright light that's often used to counterpoint null void & emanating sentient source seem to stand for mortality of medium itself. WCM had never been used with as much efficacy in American cinema since Kubrick.

Subsequent views could change my mind, but I feel the urge to revisit his other (better) films than to ride on this again.

Btw If you ever thought Malick finds contemporary setting utterly vacuous & empty to stay off it, Sean Penn portion reaffirms the assumption.

I loved this film simply because of the fact that I could reflect on a lot of my life through it. I have watched only "Badlands" before, which I couldn't connect to at all. This one reminded me of my own boyhood like no other film before.

As I left the cinema, two contrasting images were stuck in my head.

1. The scene with the dinosaur showing an inkling of compassion, perhaps. Couldn't help but smile here :).
2. The scene(s) with the humans playing with the lizard and the frog. Couldn't help at being outraged here :(

ajithfederer
17th August 2011, 02:05 AM
Good to see people liking the Tree of Life. Kid, what do you make of the ending?

groucho070
17th August 2011, 08:00 AM
25 greatest unscripted scenes, it seems. Some are good though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTFQBHBeleE&feature=player_embedded

ajaybaskar
17th August 2011, 11:06 AM
The Reader

ஆஹா.. என்னே ஒரு கலைநயம்..

ajithfederer
18th August 2011, 07:30 AM
One of the best TAHM episodes, Charlie cannot sleep without medication and he gets doctor prescription for pot and he ends up smoking it with Berta. The fun is not out yet as he begins to visualize all his ex-flames(after smoking) come to torture him of his inability to COMMIT to a relasen-zip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MbZMpJZc50

raghavendran
18th August 2011, 08:29 PM
Rise Of the planet of the apes
again a very predictable and boring film..nothnig new..i think Hollywood are coming up with too many of films with the same template..just thought the apes would create chaos but nothing happened..atleast that slumdog heroine should have got some more space..she was just there to kiss the hero twice..but she is a good bit :mrgreen:..overall pathoda padhinonnu

ajithfederer
21st August 2011, 10:30 AM
Unstoppable in HBO. Nice one that I wanted to re-watch in a long time.

ajithfederer
22nd August 2011, 07:24 AM
Fincher;s Zodiac - re watch list happening in tv. Intriguing. Lots of information. It would have been great if they caught the killer.

ajithfederer
22nd August 2011, 08:21 AM
It's baffling as to how nobody believed in Robert Graysmith's(Jake Gylenhall) work in his life as shown in the film. His tireless work in investigation among broken police departments his nagging wife and other inconveniences during the 70's is amazing.

littlemaster1982
22nd August 2011, 09:12 AM
AF,

I think you spoiled Zodiac for me :|
_________

Last watched: True Grit :clap: :clap:

ajithfederer
22nd August 2011, 10:02 AM
I am very sori, lm :mrgreen:. Ninga innuma paakalai?. The film is 4 and a half years old.

Sarna
22nd August 2011, 10:15 AM
Final destination 5 - Movie is excellent :clap: never expected to be this good since the FD4 was waste.

But 3D effect is missing because of the small screen.... waste AGS theatre.

littlemaster1982
22nd August 2011, 10:39 AM
I am very sori, lm :mrgreen:. Ninga innuma paakalai?. The film is 4 and a half years old.

No :oops: Backlog niraiya irukku :lol:

groucho070
22nd August 2011, 11:28 AM
Fincher;s Zodiac - re watch list happening in tv. Intriguing. Lots of information. It would have been great if they caught the killer.Itha mayyamA vachuthAn, they made Dirty Harry back then. Of course, Harry got the killer and disposed him.

ajithfederer
22nd August 2011, 11:37 AM
Yeah I know, They even show that in the film and the investigating inspector (Mark Ruffalo) sarcastically mentions of it.

Balaji.r
23rd August 2011, 12:06 AM
Fincher;s Zodiac - re watch list happening in tv. Intriguing. Lots of information. It would have been great if they caught the killer.

I liked the way in which the movie was finished. Similar to memories of murderer same to same,right.

ajithfederer
23rd August 2011, 08:59 AM
Tom Hanks in the tonite show with Conan o brien NOW.

Dinesh84
23rd August 2011, 01:54 PM
"Rise of the planet of the apes" - a very ordinary science fiction movie. I have not seen other movies from Planet of the apes series. athuvum intha maathiri thaan mokkaya irukkuma? Is this a prequel ? 120 Rs waste.. :(

groucho070
23rd August 2011, 01:59 PM
Dinesh, original parungga. 1969, I think. It's about how science can go wrong. This film is the prequel to that.

Nerd
23rd August 2011, 06:29 PM
AF,

I think you spoiled Zodiac for me :|

No, he just did you a favor :twisted:

littlemaster1982
23rd August 2011, 06:47 PM

:lol: I know you slept through that film :p

Dinesh84
23rd August 2011, 10:35 PM
Dinesh, original parungga. 1969, I think. It's about how science can go wrong. This film is the prequel to that. thanks Groucho :ty: will try to download that movie..

ajithfederer
24th August 2011, 02:47 AM
Actually 4 and a half years before even I slept through that film in theatre at a midnight show. Full meals kku appuram padam paatha :lol2:. Nerd, please try watching "The Good shepherd" again.

:lol: I know you slept through that film :p

ajaybaskar
24th August 2011, 11:38 AM
Final Destination 5

One film that has used 3D to the best of its advantage. Stunning!! Chennai hubbers, watch it in Sathyam alone.

SoftSword
24th August 2011, 02:45 PM
i watched the trailer and there were some horrible scenes like pinning the eyelids, etc.,
am allergic to these kinda... thinking...

sipi
24th August 2011, 08:04 PM
Bone Collector

A year before, i received a mail that most of all the famous tamil movies are copied from hollywood movies adding songs + fights + punch dialogue...
It had a version of alot of movies and i was eager to watch those movies as well...

Some days back, i had a chance to watch this movie - Bone Collection... some how, hero (Police officer) & villian (Psycho killer) characters are same, but we can't say its copied....

More than all... Its an interesting movie.... had a nice time...

ajithfederer
26th August 2011, 08:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inQ3GS6dA4Y

Groucho/Kid/Sid_316
Ashton kutcher was on cbs david letterman show yesterday. He revealed some details about the 9th season opener. His character name is Walden Schmidt. Charlie Harper is dead presumably an accident which even after letterman's persistent nagging he didn't reveal. Kutcher is a billionaire internet enterpreneur. Charlie's house is up for sale and he buys it. Apparently he is on a suicidal mood when the season starts.

Not bad for an season opener. Hope the 9th season goes well 8-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walden_Schmidt_(character)

ajithfederer
27th August 2011, 01:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_ePEq-ZMec&feature=related

One among the many fantastic scenes from the Tree of Life. The boys and the mother run around and play in the house knowing their stubborn father is out on a trip. A life based on such moments is what one craves for.

ajithfederer
27th August 2011, 02:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVUXDn6hCY4

David Fincher and Christopher Nolan talk Terence Malick films.

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/fox_searchlight/thetreeoflife/

Querida
28th August 2011, 03:29 AM
"Something Borrowed"

Helen Hunt looks washed out...hope it's her character and not her!
Tom cruise look-alike outshone by Krasinki's boyish charm
Ginnifer Goodwin steals the show...so cute and winsome
but story stalls too much and in trying to add a more depthful layer to the usual formula
doesn't carry it towards the ending...can watch with a conversation going on...

Bala (Karthik)
28th August 2011, 04:23 AM
Extreme takku alert:
"There Will Be Blood" - Riveting and powerful! DDL is the man :notworthy:
P.S:The music was absolutely fantastic (just read that it was composed by the Radiohead guitarist!)

P_R
28th August 2011, 10:05 AM
Extreme takku alert:
"There Will Be Blood" - Riveting and powerful! DDL is the man :notworthy:
:sigh2: இந்தப்படம் எல்லாருக்கும் பிடிக்குதே.

kid-glove
28th August 2011, 10:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inQ3GS6dA4Y

Groucho/Kid/Sid_316
Ashton kutcher was on cbs david letterman show yesterday. He revealed some details about the 9th season opener. His character name is Walden Schmidt. Charlie Harper is dead presumably an accident which even after letterman's persistent nagging he didn't reveal. Kutcher is a billionaire internet enterpreneur. Charlie's house is up for sale and he buys it. Apparently he is on a suicidal mood when the season starts.

Not bad for an season opener. Hope the 9th season goes well 8-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walden_Schmidt_(character)

Hope Rose is also dead. As the last episode had Charlie eloping with her to abroad. That was one of the most tiring aspects of the show to me. I know Lorre wanted to break the stalker taboo, but it just kept meandering on & on that the jokes fell flat..

kid-glove
28th August 2011, 11:22 AM
:sigh2: இந்தப்படம் எல்லாருக்கும் பிடிக்குதே.

:yes:

"The Master" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1560747/) Nest-u

Megan Ellison, neenga nalla irukkONum.. :notworthy:

kid-glove
28th August 2011, 11:26 AM
Columbo "Pescription: Murder" #FalkMarathon

RIP Peter Falk. :bow:

Superb Pilot for one of the greatest achievements in Television..

ajithfederer
29th August 2011, 08:41 AM
Morning Glory (2010) - One of those feel good films from H/W which I found it watchable for Rachel Mcadams who is a bundle of energy and looks beautiful on Blu Ray. Thanks to Redbox 1$ rental.

ajithfederer
29th August 2011, 11:57 AM
The Lincoln Lawyer (2011) - Anybody watched this?. So far its going good. Matt Mcconaughey should do more of these kind of films.

ajithfederer
29th August 2011, 01:10 PM
Not bad the film is good. Every movie somehow they make Mcconaughey take off his shirt for girls to ogle i believe.

littlemaster1982
29th August 2011, 03:00 PM
I saw it few weeks back. It was going good, but was not fulfilling at the end. And there was always a feeling that the antagonist is not going to be a match for McConnaughey.

Dinesh84
29th August 2011, 03:53 PM
Final Destination 5 (3D) - second best in FD series..

littlemaster1982
29th August 2011, 04:45 PM
Dinesh,

What's your order among FD-1,2 & 5? Naanum indha week pakkalamnu irukken.

Dinesh84
29th August 2011, 04:56 PM
Dinesh,

What's your order among FD-1,2 & 5? Naanum indha week pakkalamnu irukken.

1, 5,and 2
ungaluku eppadi nu theriyala..

littlemaster1982
29th August 2011, 05:02 PM
1, 5,and 2
ungaluku eppadi nu theriyala..

I like 1 & 2 equally. 1 for the suspense and 2 for the effects (esp the highway accident) and awesome killings.

Death Note
29th August 2011, 11:37 PM
Anyone seen The Notebook?? One of the few good love stories in Hollywood. Well worth a watch.

ajithfederer
30th August 2011, 01:08 AM
I thought Ryan Phillipe did very good for the limited role he had. The movie is all McConnaughey. Jeez what a bossy sweet name.

I saw it few weeks back. It was going good, but was not fulfilling at the end. And there was always a feeling that the antagonist is not going to be a match for McConnaughey.

littlemaster1982
30th August 2011, 02:36 PM
I thought Ryan Phillipe did very good for the limited role he had. The movie is all McConnaughey. Jeez what a bossy sweet name.

He was OK, but what I meant was the lawyer would easily beat villain in the game whatever the circumstances are.

sipi
30th August 2011, 03:32 PM
Bone Collector

A year before, i received a mail that most of all the famous tamil movies are copied from hollywood movies adding songs + fights + punch dialogue...
It had a version of alot of movies and i was eager to watch those movies as well...

Some days back, i had a chance to watch this movie - Bone Collection... some how, hero (Police officer) & villian (Psycho killer) characters are same, but we can't say its copied....

More than all... Its an interesting movie.... had a nice time...

Indha pada varisaiyil, one more - Rain Man

ajithfederer
31st August 2011, 09:53 AM
Californication - Season 1 - Pilot opening-ae attagasama irukku.

littlemaster1982
31st August 2011, 10:16 PM
Final Destination 5. Didn't like it as much as first two parts, but still good on its own.

groucho070
2nd September 2011, 07:21 AM
(budget) Hotel roomla veru vazhi illama pArthathu

The Sorcerer's Apprentice.
Nansens. The kid got good sense of humour.

Percy Jackson and the....I forgot, about stealing lightening or something.
Nansens. The kid doesn't even have good sense of humour.

All riding on Harry Potter's success. TirunthamAttaingga.

ajithfederer
2nd September 2011, 09:54 AM
The Money Pit (1986) - Guess what this film isn't half bad. A to be married couple buy a house and move in just to find that it is a pack of cards. Tom hanks is good as usual in his boyish charms and I was surprised to find Karl from Die hard do such a role.

Groucho, watched this before?

groucho070
2nd September 2011, 10:32 AM
No, I haven't sounds interesting. This was when Hanks was doing pure comedy eh? Miss that Tom Hanks.

ajithfederer
3rd September 2011, 07:32 AM
Dexter - Season 1 Good stuff. This dude Michael C hall, never heard of em before but he is good. He always looks like he is hiding something as his character does in the series. I like the way he calls his foster father by his name harry and not dad. And this whole sister/foster brother rivalry kinship both professional and personal, Suweeeetttt :clap:. . That's too good. Her sister deb eh, she does well too.I liked her transformation in this series where she started by asking ideas from Dexter to move from vice to homicide and she grows to form profiles on her own and stuff)

Started watching yesterday night and knocked off 8-9 episodes in a stretch, 50-55 mins each. Will try to watch season 2 and 3 over the weekend.

ajithfederer
3rd September 2011, 07:37 AM
Oh yeah the angle between him and his girlfriend who is pretty sweet by the way. Nice touch.

ajithfederer
4th September 2011, 04:06 AM
Judy Greer(who came in as the female version of charlie harper in 5th season) comes in as Kutcher's ex-wife/gf it seems. Laydest update.

Hope Rose is also dead. As the last episode had Charlie eloping with her to abroad. That was one of the most tiring aspects of the show to me. I know Lorre wanted to break the stalker taboo, but it just kept meandering on & on that the jokes fell flat..

GSV
5th September 2011, 01:46 PM
The Insider
Watched second time after 7 years...
Now I just felt the pain of Jeffrey Wigand character.. very well written and well portrayed..
Dazzling performance from Russell. one of his best..
Pacino.. what an attitude.. excellent..

Amazing film with excellent characterization.. Must watch...

ajithfederer
6th September 2011, 04:01 AM
Dexter (season 3) - Liked this better than season 2. I like how Dexter uncovers secrets about his father and slowly notches down some levels of respect admiration towards his foster dad. The surreal moments between him and his dad during key moments of the season are good.

ajithfederer
6th September 2011, 07:11 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-fnkRBWig2nw/TlpnYkaCgyI/AAAAAAAAAoM/k0uN63n2jAw/s1600/2%2BBroke%2BGirls%2Bs1%2BKat%2B01.jpg

Gosh I love red heads especially with curly hair. CBS's brand new sitcom starting this fall - 2 Broke Girls. Saw a preview clip the other day. Not bad, I mean the clip.

http://www.cbs.com/cms/files/imagecache/596xh/100509_D0841b_walk.jpg

http://www.cbs.com/shows/2_broke_girls/

Sid_316
6th September 2011, 12:47 PM
Dexter (season 3) - Liked this better than season 2. I like how Dexter uncovers secrets about his father and slowly notches down some levels of respect admiration towards his foster dad. The surreal moments between him and his dad during key moments of the season are good.

4th sama terror ah irukkum! i liked 4th the 2nd best after the first season :-)

ajaybaskar
6th September 2011, 12:59 PM
The Contract

A direct to dvd movie with Morgan Freeman and John Cusack. Very predictable.

Hide and Seek

Enjoyed it for the climax twist and few occasional chills.

ajithfederer
7th September 2011, 02:52 AM
I was thinking of you only when I was writing abt Dexter here. 5 episodes into season 4 now.
P.S: I love how Dexter says something opposite to what he is thinking. I should master that. :noteeth:

4th sama terror ah irukkum! i liked 4th the 2nd best after the first season :-)

ajithfederer
7th September 2011, 10:13 AM
Dexter (Season 4) - brilliant.

ajaybaskar
7th September 2011, 11:55 AM
I Saw The Devil

Spine chilling..:shaking:

Thanx to LM for the reco.

ajithfederer
8th September 2011, 05:44 AM
The inevitable. Groucho/kid/sid_316 (TAHM)

http://www.cbs.com/shows/two_and_a_half_men/photos/61614/first-look-at-season-9/61612

http://www.cbs.com/shows/two_and_a_half_men/photos/61614/first-look-at-season-9/62225

groucho070
8th September 2011, 06:17 AM
I am too lazy to quote George Lucas' favourite line.

Sid_316
8th September 2011, 06:05 PM
Dexter (Season 4) - Fucking A brilliant.

:thumbsup:

Sid_316
8th September 2011, 06:05 PM
The inevitable. Groucho/kid/sid_316 (TAHM)

http://www.cbs.com/shows/two_and_a_half_men/photos/61614/first-look-at-season-9/61612

http://www.cbs.com/shows/two_and_a_half_men/photos/61614/first-look-at-season-9/62225

Sutham! :Sigh:

ajithfederer
9th September 2011, 03:56 AM
Dexter (Season 5) - Good. This whole vigilante partnership thing was good for the Series's morale. Julia Stiles is a damm good choice for Lumen Pierce. Even if everyone wants to stay in the season it makes perfect sense as to why her character had to leave. Dexter's dark passenger should be a one and only entity which drives his persona. And Astor and Cody returning back to dexter for summer and harrison's growth should provide enough material for season 6. Saw an other promo for season 6 which shows Dexter as Angel Saint Michael(my fav), Attagasam. Season 6 trailer is terror. Heavily expecting.

http://www.mikethefanboy.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/dexter-first-look-season-six__oPt.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsvGslI_KcM

Death Note
9th September 2011, 04:24 AM
Saw Goodfellas yesterday :bow:
Joe Pesci :bow:

kid-glove
9th September 2011, 11:58 AM
Sutham! :Sigh:

+2

Gonna suck..

somu_87
9th September 2011, 09:10 PM
Hi,

My friend and his ardent movie fan friends doing a survey to find the best American movie, based on the AFI ratings (07 version). I thought hub will have lot of takers for this as I ve seen some very good movie buffs here . Your vote and suggestions will help them to come up with a new revised list or may be Indians favorite 100 world movies ! :-D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFI%27s...ersary_Edition)

they have scheduled it like a knockout tournament (US Open tennis effect ), to give each movie a fair trial... There are 36 matches in the first round . Already its in the fourth round (Sorry for the late notice) . Below is some titbits how the tournament is run .

Survey Site : http://sonix768.challonge.com/afi07_sngl

As you may have seen in the survey site, the survey is to find the best movie from AFI top 100 movies (2007 edition).

Movies compete agst each other based on their seedings. The seeding is based on the ranking given in the AFI list. Since there are 100 movies and for a knock out we need a 2^n teams, the top 25 odd movies got bye to the second round directly.

From second round we will have 64 teams and from there the top team will face a 64th team. (Citizen Kane vs Network). Just like a tennis grandslams. he used a online bracket generator to generate a knockout scheule based on the seedings..

You can visit here for the entire fixture : http://sonix768.challonge.com/afi07_sngl

You can see the seeding of the movies in the left side of their names. So, the matches were not decided by me but by a online tournament generator. If you can see the fixture, you can find the matchups are perfect.

For Voting :

Fourth round matches : http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/NBM5PR5

** PLEASE VOTE ONLY IF YOU HAVE SEEN BOTH THE MOVIES IN A MATCH. IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN ANY ONE OF THE MOVIE IN A MATCH PLEASE SKIP THE MATCH **

Thanks a Lot for your time Hubbers :)

somu_87
9th September 2011, 09:21 PM
These are the muvies competing in the fourth round !!

R4 Match #1: (1) Citizen Kane vs. (48) Rear Window
R4 Match #2: (9) Vertigo vs. (72) The Shawshank Redemption
R4 Match #3: (4) Raging Bull vs. (52) Taxi Driver
R4 Match #4: (53) The Deer Hunter vs. (92) Goodfellas
R4 Match #5: (2) The Godfather vs. (15) 2001: A Space Odyssey
R4 Match #6: (39) Dr. Strangelove vs. (87) 12 Angry Men
R4 Match #7: (14) Psycho vs. (94) Pulp Fiction
R4 Match #8: (22) Some Like it Hot vs. (70) A Clockwork Orange

Matches are getting tougher and tougher.. No Spielberg movie remaining.. And many Hitchcocks, Kubrick and Scorses's are there.. esp raging bull vs taxi driver is gonna be a cracker IMO.. :)

ajithfederer
10th September 2011, 04:41 AM
Thanks to You, lm and kid I am curious now.

I Saw The Devil

littlemaster1982
10th September 2011, 05:59 AM
AF,

Seekiram paarthuttu unga karutthai sollunga :)

raghavendran
10th September 2011, 08:16 AM
Fight Club
never seen such a bizarre film...kick Ass stuff...Brad Pitt :clap:..

Arvind Srinivasan
10th September 2011, 12:18 PM
Just went for "contagion" this morning in escape. Pretty good effort from Steven Soderbergh who's come out of his comfort zone.While the movie has its share of failings it surely keeps the viewer engrossed till the end. Watch out for Jude law and Matt Damon. Both are excellent.

VENKIRAJA
10th September 2011, 07:42 PM
Thanks to You, lm and kid I am curious now.

Pangaali.. don't tell me it is that movie where they kill people inside a lift. Saniyan maadhiri irundhuchu :mad: Released last year IIRC?

VENKIRAJA
10th September 2011, 07:44 PM
Network (1976) :clap:
Haven't watch Sidney Lumet stuff except 12 Angry Men. Very intersting way of film-making. The dialogues were bloody brilliant. Three nominees for Best acting off the same movie, must give an idea of the level of performances. Holds very good for the kind of media we now have in India.

littlemaster1982
10th September 2011, 08:27 PM
Pangaali.. don't tell me it is that movie where they kill people inside a lift. Saniyan maadhiri irundhuchu :mad: Released last year IIRC?

Adhey padamdhaan :poke:

Kidding. Korean film this (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1588170/).

kid-glove
11th September 2011, 03:46 AM
Just went for "contagion" this morning in escape. Pretty good effort from Steven Soderbergh who's come out of his comfort zone.While the movie has its share of failings it surely keeps the viewer engrossed till the end. Watch out for Jude law and Matt Damon. Both are excellent.

Isn't hyperlink multithreaded storytelling his forte?

Traffic. Oceans. Contagion.

Arvind Srinivasan
11th September 2011, 04:38 PM
Isn't hyperlink multithreaded storytelling his forte?

Traffic. Oceans. Contagion.
Yes he does specialize in hyperlink cinema. But this had a docu-drama feel to it which still manged to hold the viewers attention.According to me it could easily have turned out to be a roland emmerician apocalypse movie, but manages to break the stereotypes and delivers the movie on a more personal front.

Mahen
11th September 2011, 08:53 PM
I Saw The Devil

Ajay, any download links?

Mahen
11th September 2011, 08:56 PM
watched it 2 days ago..not bad..superrum solla mudiyathu...thank god they showed where the virus came from.. :)

kid-glove
13th September 2011, 12:55 PM
Yes he does specialize in hyperlink cinema. But this had a docu-drama feel to it which still manged to hold the viewers attention.According to me it could easily have turned out to be a roland emmerician apocalypse movie, but manages to break the stereotypes and delivers the movie on a more personal front.
That's one of my early trepidation too.
Even "Traffic" could have been reduced to a "Crash"-like farce, but for Soderbergh's less dramatized way of documenting different links of the issue at heart. He's very good at it..

ajithfederer
14th September 2011, 02:45 AM
Brad Pitt's Moneyball coming next week.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moneyball_(film)

ajithfederer
14th September 2011, 10:14 AM
kid, watched this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Valentine_%28film%29

kid-glove
14th September 2011, 06:07 PM
Yep. I have. I think I've expressed my reservations here (or maybe in twitter?)

ajaybaskar
14th September 2011, 06:51 PM
Blue Valentine was famous for something..

kid-glove
14th September 2011, 08:04 PM
Whole of that year (2010) was famous for it.

Blue Valentine
Greenberg
Black Swan
The American
Uncle Boonmee
Carlos
The Kids are Alright
Somewhere

(!!)

AravindMano
15th September 2011, 11:38 PM
Wendy and Lucy. oru dhabA pAkkalAm, poRumai irundhA, for Michelle.

ajaybaskar
16th September 2011, 11:57 AM
Contagion

Finally a disaster movie that's quite gripping and watch worthy. Watchout for the high profile ensemble too.

AravindMano
17th September 2011, 08:33 AM
Drive. Still chewing on the film. Lot of things came around together well and a lot other didn't. (For instance, I am still wondering whether the soundtrack really helped the film). Very impressed with the cinematography which was fluid and narrated the story well. Impressively staged and directed. Nothing much to write about the performances, which is the most disappointing thing about the film.

Need to watch the director's other films to really get a hang of his work.

Querida
17th September 2011, 08:34 AM
*City Slickers*

Not bad for a lazy sunday afternoon movie
watched it for Billy but stayed for the fun of it
IMHO Billy's best of the best was When H met S

ajithfederer
17th September 2011, 09:34 AM
Drive (2011)

Intense/Well shot and acted/Killing scenes were off key, brutal and horrific/
Ryan Gosling is good but has a boyish voice but suits the tone of the film.
Stellar cast/Film-Noir kinda cinematography works very well

ajithfederer
17th September 2011, 09:39 AM
Hmm. No shit. The film's director won the Best Director in Cannes 2011. Good achievement for a very good film.

AravindMano
17th September 2011, 09:43 AM
Agree about the cinematography. Spectacular.

groucho070
17th September 2011, 02:16 PM
Johnny English Reborn.

Better than the first one. Something for everyone. Not a great comedy. As spy flick I'd take this over the recent Quantum shit.

ajaybaskar
17th September 2011, 06:01 PM
Scarface

The director has been inspired by lot of Tamil films. :yessir:

ajithfederer
18th September 2011, 05:21 AM
Faithful (1996) - A husband hires a hitman to kill his own wife. 20 mins into the film i am already liking this. Chaz Palminteri is the hit man. Apparently Bob De niro produced this film.

ajithfederer
19th September 2011, 12:54 AM
UK Hubbers/. Anybody watched Tinker tailor soldier spy?. Looks like it has released there.

groucho070
19th September 2011, 11:28 AM
Scarface

The director has been inspired by lot of Tamil films. :yessir:Why? It's actually a (bloodier) remake of a much older movie.

VENKIRAJA
19th September 2011, 11:42 PM
Bolt (2008)
Neat stuff from Disney. Truman show retold with CG, especially for kids. Enjoyed it very much.

venkkiram
20th September 2011, 08:48 AM
No country for old men பழிவாங்குதல், துரத்தல் , வன்முறை , ரத்தம், கொலை இப்படி படம் முழுக்க பரவிக் கிடந்தாலும், காட்சிகள் ஒவ்வொன்றும் கவிதைகள். குறிப்பாக படைப்பின் பெயர் சூட்டல், தீமையின் குறியீடாக வலம் வரும் தீயவனின் வசனங்கள் எல்லாமே முதல் தரம். வில்லன் கதாபாத்திரம் என்றாலே இனி முதல் நினைவுக்கு வரப்போவது Anton Chigurh மட்டுமே. என்னே ஒரு ஆளுமை. ஆஸ்கர் கிடைத்திருப்பது Javier Bardem -க்கு பெருமை அல்ல. ஆஸ்கருக்குதான்.

AravindMano
20th September 2011, 09:08 AM
Venkiraja - Thanks for the mention about Network. Terrific film.

Querida
20th September 2011, 11:10 AM
-Digression-

Venki...what is that..in your profile pic I mean...is it an abstract face? I'm sure i see what looks like a red phone..

raghavendran
20th September 2011, 05:23 PM
Goodfellas--super film..kick ass stuff...i always love mafia films and this is one of the best..:smokesmirk:

kubrick
20th September 2011, 06:59 PM
I Saw the Devil (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1588170/) - There was so much hype about this film but what I forgot to remember was that this is a S.Korean movie. The dramatization was too much for my taste and the BGM kept spoiling the mood too. I liked the way the movie was directed because a little more violence without proper concentration would have turned this into torture porn. There isn't a real specific moment where we can really see the role of the metaphorical devil changing hands which I don't know if it is good or bad because at first we see the "Hero" guy singing to his wife and then he turns into something else. Apart from this the movie over all was a nice entertainer, if you can digest and sit through all the violence.

kid-glove
20th September 2011, 08:35 PM
Dexter
- Arrested devourment
- Nurture bourne killer
- To alter a Hemingway quote, "<ed> there is no hunting like hunting of men and those who have hunted armed hunter(s) long enough and liked it, they are still palpable of caring for something else"

ajithfederer
20th September 2011, 11:51 PM
TAHM - Season 9 opener - Nice to see you Walden Schmidt - Ballistic start like a Gilly-Jayasurya opening combo. :clap: :clap:. Just what i expected.
(Lots of spoilers below)

The opening bit is Charlie's funeral which had me in splits. Almost all his ex-es come to his funeral to spit apparently on his corpse. The rumor mills had it right. Charlie is dead because he tripped off and fell onto a train in Paris metro. His house is put up in sale(Evelyn is the agent) and his cremated remains arrive @ charlie's which is now at Alan's. Alan tries to spread his ashes and that's when Kutcher sneaks on to the frame. Hilarious stuff.

Kutcher seems to be doing a fine job at what he is given but it's a rather dangerous territory he is treading to. I am afraid that they are going to make his character as Charlie Harper redux or version 2. Alan Harper(Jon cryer) is good at what he does and he is at his best in the first episode. Berta has started to look old but she's still kicking ass. So does Judith and Evelyn. If my vibes are right this could be one of the best seasons but the writers have to deal with not to typecast Kutcher in sheen's role.

P.S 1: Chuck Lorre managed to grab most laughs and applauds from the live audience by bringing in Kutcher naked and filling the audience with as much women as possible.

P.S 2: No, the title song wasn't played this time. Neither the old one nor the new one in which Kutcher is singing.

ajithfederer
20th September 2011, 11:53 PM
Very good.
Ninga modhallayae paathirupingannu nenachen. Is it just the first season or have u finished all the 5?

Dexter
- Arrested devourment
- Nurture bourne killer
- To alter a Hemingway quote, "<ed> there is no hunting like hunting of men and those who have hunted armed hunter(s) long enough and liked it, they are still palpable of caring for something else"

kid-glove
20th September 2011, 11:59 PM
1st season only.

Saw the all new makeover cum season opener of "2 & 1/2 Men", not bad! But I'm afraid the character is much of a cuddler, not a bully ala Charlie. So bullying would be left to other characters is it?! Like Berta & that female Charlie ?!

ajithfederer
21st September 2011, 12:02 AM
Adhan enakum theriala. That's why I think Kutcher's character development will be a serious challenge to their writers. They have now finished 4 episodes and it comes on consecutive Mondays (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Two_and_a_Half_Men_episodes#Season_9:_2011 .E2.80.9312) for the next 3 weeks. Paakalam eppidi pogudhunnu.

1st season only.

Saw the all new makeover cum season opener of "2 & 1/2 Men", not bad! But I'm afraid the character is much of a cuddler, not a bully ala Charlie. So bullying would be left to other characters is it?! Like Berta & that female Charlie ?!

ajithfederer
21st September 2011, 12:05 AM
Check this out: 28 Mil viewers watched season opener. http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/09/20/tv-ratings-opening-monday-two-and-a-half-men-soars-cbs-wins-playboy-club-gloomy-castle-hawaii-five-0-and-more/104221/

Nerd
21st September 2011, 06:28 PM
Watched Bridesmaids( :ashamed: )blu-ray. Cliched character sketches, functional acting, quite a few unfunny gags. Certainly a girls' film. And the conflict is quite old. But decent one time watch timepass film.

Querida
22nd September 2011, 09:45 AM
Watched Bridesmaids( :ashamed: )blu-ray. Cliched character sketches, functional acting, quite a few unfunny gags. Certainly a girls' film. And the conflict is quite old. But decent one time watch timepass film.

there's nothing to be ashamed about, I watched it too...oh wait :poke:
Yes certainly a girls film...and maybe I'm just out of the loop but haven't seen many like this so actually enjoyed the silly antics, overblown drama and cringe-worthy moments...a one time girl's movie night in where we're not really paying attention to the movie anyways.

Dinesh84
22nd September 2011, 03:35 PM
The Tree of Life
- totally conpeesan pa.. :confused2:

VENKIRAJA
22nd September 2011, 10:16 PM
-Digression-

Venki...what is that..in your profile pic I mean...is it an abstract face? I'm sure i see what looks like a red phone..

Its Stanley Kubrick's face. Treated like his character, Alex Delarge.

Sid_316
23rd September 2011, 03:59 PM
AF/KG/Groucho

Pls watch the roast of charilie sheen its freakinnn hilarious!

ajithfederer
23rd September 2011, 09:20 PM
Miss pannitenga :cry:. Although I have reminded this in tv schedule I don't think I can watch it today.

AF/KG/Groucho

Pls watch the roast of charilie sheen its freakinnn hilarious!

littlemaster1982
24th September 2011, 11:26 PM
Anger Management - It was funny, alright. But the lame twist (if you can call that) at the end totally killed the film.

chevy
25th September 2011, 03:10 PM
2 and 1/2 men is so not going to be same with without Charlie! The death of Charlie episode reminds me of the episode when he is in the hospital and he begins to talk about his will and Alan says no no, come on dont do that talk..then he says ..anyway go on to say what u were saying. LOL.

ajithfederer
28th September 2011, 01:26 AM
Breaking Bad - Season 1 - Every episode other than the season finale. - Good.

To begin with the Pilot episode is very good. Another milestone in TV History for AMC though a little notch (not by much) less than Mad Men. Bryan Cranston (A very deserving 3 time emmy award winner) and the whole family is fabulous. Very raw unnerving stuff especially the hostage crisis trauma Walter White goes through in episodes 2 and 3 are some serious stuff. :clap:. Jesse is good as well. And a big thanks to N/f for making this happen.

Kid/Sid - You guys been through this?

ajithfederer
30th September 2011, 03:44 AM
Season 2

http://www.frontroomcinema.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Breaking-Bad-Wallpaper-22.jpg

- Predictable but still good. A seamless transition from Season 1. Now that Walt's cancer is almost operable and Jesse's heroin addiction plus his gf death should be great for season 3. It's about time Sky learnt about Walt's dark side. But what I found quite shocking was how society's elite could be mixed in this nasty business. Gus's character is devious and delicious for the story forward.

P.S: The opening bits before credits are terrific

Bryan Cranston - :clap:
Aaron Paul and Krysten Ritter 8-)

kid-glove
30th September 2011, 03:45 PM
Keep seeing Bryan Cranston pile up acting awards. But I hadn't really watched a single episode.

Sid_316
30th September 2011, 06:58 PM
Breaking Bad - Season 1 - Every episode other than the season finale. - Good.

To begin with the Pilot episode is very good. Another milestone in TV History for AMC though a little notch (not by much) less than Mad Men. Bryan Cranston (A very deserving 3 time emmy award winner) and the whole family is fabulous. Very raw unnerving stuff especially the hostage crisis trauma Walter White goes through in episodes 2 and 3 are some serious stuff. :clap:. Jesse is good as well. And a big thanks to N/f for making this happen.

Kid/Sid - You guys been through this?

Yeah ! i have seen the first season.. its engaging.. should start with the 2nd season

groucho070
3rd October 2011, 08:01 AM
Killer Elite

There was only four in the theatre, including me :lol2:

Statham, Clive Owen and De Niro.

de Niro with assault rifle, alone worth watching this movie. Definitely for paycheque, but he's okay here. And bloody hell, he's in fantastic shape for his age.

Okay action thriller (supposedly based on true story) with one of the best closed room combat I've seen recently (between Stratham and Owen),.

The opening credit had something like this, "It was time of chaos. Economic crisis is still on. Oil prices have gone up. It was time of revolution, asssasination and special ops".

I was thinking, "Dei, we know we are going through all these, you don't have to_", and it continued, "It was 1980".

And yes, it was good to see film shot in Europe mostly, with lots of good ol' cars and totally no mobile phones.

raghavendran
3rd October 2011, 10:30 PM
A Clockwork Orange
Kubrick sir :bow:..1971 eh?...even now this concept is fresh..how can a person think something which will even be new after 40 yrs..:Bow:..and my fav aspect of Kubrick film is the sudden tension he brings at the end of what will start as a simple conversation,scene..give me more..more Kubrick films to watch :wave:

ajaybaskar
6th October 2011, 11:50 AM
Due Date

Watching it the 3rd time but it still left me in splits. Zach!! Amazing man. :clap:

//But the best part was the one to follow. Had a dream last night (U can call it a nightmare) in which the film was remade in Tamil with Sarath Kumar and T Rajenderr in the lead//

P_R
6th October 2011, 07:25 PM
Executive Suite

Hollywood B/W films.

Heavily plot based.
Excellent introduction of characters, smooth development, beautiful realistic dialogues (with the exception of the wordy last scene), who says (and stop short of saying) what to what, resolution of side-stories as things proceed, being able to 'get' the inconsistencies in what those on screen are saying.

It is only when all this is there, that one (adhaavadhu I) can see how very well done the cinematography is, the angles, the cuts, the pacing accentuating the drama.

Makes films like this I say. :clap:

wizzy
6th October 2011, 11:06 PM
^in TCM? my sole reason for still sticking with Tsky is TCM..we need more ad-free movie channels..Star movies HD has poor catalog of older movies but only solace is that it is currently ad-free.

ajithfederer
7th October 2011, 10:14 AM
BB - Season 3 - The best you can expect

http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/11100000/Breaking-Bad-breaking-bad-11163639-1024-768.jpg

The twin assassins from the Juarez Drug Cartel 8-). Their style of murders with axe 8-)
The shooutout between Hank and the assassins in the deserted parking lot :smokesmirk:. Fantastic action stuff.
Gus - Ngommalla. Fits the bill to a T. For apparently no reason his demeanor strikes me of to Obama :lol:
Gu's henchmen Mike - Notoriously Too good.
Walt's car accident to prevent the shootout between the drug peddlers and Jesse. Rascal of a scene making.
Walter's bluff to counter Skyler and Skyler later joining in fraud to money laundering. Excellent :clap:

Season 4 coming up soon.

wizzy
7th October 2011, 03:11 PM
^remember him from Seinfeld days..anti-dentite :rotfl2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV7m6IIN_tI

raghavendran
7th October 2011, 04:32 PM
Paths Of Glory
awesome film..initially thought it will be a complete war film but it dealt with the politics involved within the army..the court scene..:bow:..again very crisp dialogues,every scene is a lead to the next scene..vintage Kubrick.1957? :shock:..oru pazhaya padam patha feel suthama varala/.my journey of Kubrick films continues..next is Dr.Strangelove :)

P_R
7th October 2011, 06:30 PM
^in TCM? my sole reason for still sticking with Tsky is TCM..we need more ad-free movie channels..Star movies HD has poor catalog of older movies but only solace is that it is currently ad-free. Yeah I saw it on TCM. Lovely channel. I like their old theatrical trailers too.

VENKIRAJA
8th October 2011, 10:38 AM
Due Date
//But the best part was the one to follow. Had a dream last night (U can call it a nightmare) in which the film was remade in Tamil with Sarath Kumar and T Rajenderr in the lead//

:rotfl2:

littlemaster1982
8th October 2011, 11:47 AM
The Social Network - quite good. Liked the characterization of Mark Zuckerberg (even if it's not accurate).

AravindMano
10th October 2011, 09:30 PM
In other news, A Michigan woman watches 'Drive', thinks there is little driving in the film and files a lawsuit ('http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2011/oct/10/woman-sues-drive-trailer').

VENKIRAJA
11th October 2011, 12:36 AM
Naansans maadhiri irundhuchu :banghead:

VENKIRAJA
11th October 2011, 09:42 AM
Drive. Still chewing on the film. Lot of things came around together well and a lot other didn't. (For instance, I am still wondering whether the soundtrack really helped the film). Very impressed with the cinematography which was fluid and narrated the story well. Impressively staged and directed. Nothing much to write about the performances, which is the most disappointing thing about the film.

Need to watch the director's other films to really get a hang of his work.

Suthama pudikkala. :mad:
We were teasing it so very much, one North Indies fellow got frustrated and started shouting "Stop the commentary yaar!" from a few rows at the back. He was taunted, too. ;)

VENKIRAJA
12th October 2011, 12:39 PM
X-Men First class. :cheer:
Haven't seen anything from the franchise so far, and heard that this one is a prequel anyway. Highly entertaining stuff!
The graphics were neat and to the point. Transformers madhiri dhraabai-ya illa.
Learnt that a seperate trilogy is planned with this precursor, and another for the Wolverine saga.
Are the other films worth checking out? Some of them have made it better in the BO as well as IMDb ratings.

Stiglitz
12th October 2011, 05:49 PM
X-Men First class. :cheer:
Haven't seen anything from the franchise so far, and heard that this one is a prequel anyway. Highly entertaining stuff!
The graphics were neat and to the point. Transformers madhiri dhraabai-ya illa.
Learnt that a seperate trilogy is planned with this precursor, and another for the Wolverine saga.
Are the other films worth checking out? Some of them have made it better in the BO as well as IMDb ratings.

yes! All the first three xmen movie r amazing! Try to have a marathon... All three at one shot..