PDA

View Full Version : Which non-indian film u saw recently has made u post here???

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9

Dilbert
3rd March 2011, 11:48 PM
Transsiberian - Sundance findings. Woody Harelson and Ben Kingsley

groucho070
4th March 2011, 07:48 AM
Chinatown is excellent but 70s is not the best decade for sure. Don't ask me which is, I don't know :lol2:Not the, nerd, it's one of the best decades. It's what, as Rajini would put it, Hollywood's "tarrning point".

Raikkonen
5th March 2011, 12:30 AM
horror thread is missing. ok

house on haunted hill by the legend (of the genre) William Castle. very good. Vincent Price is another well known face in b-grade horror history.

it's sad that a perfectly good movie like this get butchered in the name of remake. the only good thing about the remake was xenia ona.. sorry, Famke Janssen.. she's awesome.

Roshan
5th March 2011, 02:00 AM
As Good As It Gets..

Lovely :thumbsup:

Jack Nicholson and Helen Hunt :clap:

Greg Kinnear was also good !

rajkumarc
5th March 2011, 03:08 AM
Watched Schindler's List for the first time. I mainly resisted watching it so far for the really chilling and grim theme but have to give in eventually. Probably one of the best holocaust movies ever made. Very touching and all the more heartening to know it was a true story.

The documentary style and b/w worked very much in favor of the impact meant to be created for the viewers. Loved the background score and never felt it was too loud or intrusive but rather very apt. A lot of scenes still remain etched in memory, to name a few - the little girl with the red coat hiding herself, the gas chamber scene, RalphFiennes trying to execute the Rabbi but the gun won't work, climax scene where Neeson lets out his emotions. An unforgettable movie for me.

ajithfederer
5th March 2011, 05:20 AM
8 Mile (2002) - Rapper Eminem's film.

Very Good. I am an absolute Zero in American Contemporary Music(Adhula mattum dhaana nnu kekka padadhu) but this film was well shot well directed and well acted. Eminem for sure can be a good actor. Detroit-ae nerula paatha madhiriae irundhadhu.

Sarna
5th March 2011, 11:21 AM
Never back down - padaththavida BGM pramaadhamaa irukku :thumbsup:

Shade - hope venkatprabhu photocopied this one as Mangatha :D

ajaybaskar
5th March 2011, 02:57 PM
Sarna,

'Movies Now'ai vittu nagarradhilla pola irukku?

Sarna
5th March 2011, 04:26 PM
:lol:

inga oru tamil channel'um var'radhilla :(

Saai
5th March 2011, 06:16 PM
Madeo - South Korean

Awesome movie! :)

Roshan
6th March 2011, 12:50 AM
Hotel Rwanda.

Good and educative but could have been better in terms of impact !

Got to know quite a bit about the issues between Hutu and Tutsi Community in Rwanda and Burundi. Need to learn more on this. Adutha vElai adhuthaan.

ajithfederer
6th March 2011, 01:31 PM
The Ghost writer - Good. Great to see Polanski still in good form at his age. Olivia Williams did really well and so did Brosnan. I almost guessed the climax on whats gonna happen to Evan but I couldn't understand why would he reveal the secret.

I hope they serve beer in hell - A movie on the lines of the Hangover while this one is quite different. 3 guys (two jerks and a groom) go to a strip club in Salem and the three drift apart. There's a very disgusting/interesting/funny scene before the climax. Watch it out for yourself.

Adventure land: Jesse Eisenberg has plans to go to Columbia for Grad school but his parents make him work the summer for his expenses in an amusement park. There he meets Kristen Stewart who is a co worker. The film is about the friendship/relationships between the various co workers in the park. Very Good.

Everybody's fine - Rob De Niro is a father of four who is expecting his children visit him eagerly. His wife deceased quite recently and he is still grieving. One by one his children call and cancel their visits. Depressed he intends to surprise them by visiting them without notice. During his visits he learns that his children suffer from various problems but they chose to hid it from him. Could actually relate to quite a few scenes. Quite a poignant film. The highlight is obviously our Bobby as the man gives an apt performance as an father. Very subtle and he is just great. Looks like a remake of an 1990's Italian film. Sam rockwell, drew barrymore and kate beckinsale are his children.

Unknown: Paravala, Not bad.

Saai
6th March 2011, 03:50 PM
Everybody's fine - Rob De Niro is a father of four who is expecting his children visit him eagerly. His wife deceased quite recently and he is still grieving. One by one his children call and cancel their visits. Depressed he intends to surprise them by visiting them without notice. During his visits he learns that his children suffer from various problems but they chose to hid it from him. Could actually relate to quite a few scenes. Quite a poignant film. The highlight is obviously our Bobby as the man gives an apt performance as an father. Very subtle and he is just great. Looks like a remake of an 1990's Italian film. Sam rockwell, drew barrymore and kate beckinsale are his children.

Sounds like the remake of an italian movie, that I am trying to get hold for loooong time , since watching cinema paradiso.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100681/

Directed by the maker of cinema paradiso. Very interesting plot.

groucho070
7th March 2011, 07:01 AM
HP & The Order of the Phoenix. revisit.

Don't have a frickin' clue what's happening. Wife-kaaga parten, Oldman kaaga parten, ambuduthen.

complicateur
7th March 2011, 12:49 PM
The Fighter - http://bit.ly/f66iX5 (Paper Review)

groucho070
7th March 2011, 02:52 PM
The Fighter - http://bit.ly/f66iX5 (Paper Review)Always a pleasure to read, Compli. See if I can make it....ingga innum oduthanu theriyila....

P_R
7th March 2011, 02:57 PM
Need to learn more on this. Adutha vElai adhuthaan. You mean literally ?

Prabo
7th March 2011, 04:57 PM
The Next 3 Days - Pretty good prison break movie. Starts off slowly, builds up slowly but ends thrillingly. The last 30-40 minutes was real tense.

Stiglitz
7th March 2011, 05:08 PM
Due Date - I thought it was hilarious... From Start to Finish.

ajaybaskar
7th March 2011, 05:12 PM
It is hilarious. Whats the doubt?

Nerd
7th March 2011, 07:10 PM
The Fighter - http://bit.ly/f66iX5 (Paper Review)
Wow! Congrats bro. Hope this is not a one-off... And you are the new BRangan eh?! Great :clap:

Dint actually read the review since I have not seen the film :oops:

P_R
7th March 2011, 08:05 PM
:clap: @Compli

As eesuval, nallaa vandhirukku :clap:

ajithfederer
8th March 2011, 07:58 AM
Watching the Matrix now. Cinematic experience na idhu dhan. Easily my most fav sci - fil film.

Roshan
8th March 2011, 10:50 AM
You mean literally ?

:confused: I am quite interested in learning more on the subject and am looking for some authentic sources. adutha vElaiyaa adha paNNanumnu sonnEn and am doing it.

Have you seen the movie?

ajaybaskar
8th March 2011, 11:31 AM
Compli,

Glad to know that you too are a mech engineer. :D

complicateur
8th March 2011, 12:52 PM
Nerd - For now I'll be reviewing the friday releases. Until the editor decides otherwise of course.

P_R - Thanks. As we discussed the true test will be reviewing the big budget Hindi nonsense. There is one in the offing in March - Game.

Ajay - Ithu annaikku Bessie-layE discuss paNNathaa nyabagam. Thanks. :)

Roshan
8th March 2011, 12:56 PM
Nerd - For now I'll be reviewing the friday releases. Until the editor decides otherwise of course.

Great ! and all the best :thumbsup:

P_R
8th March 2011, 12:57 PM
:confused: I am quite interested in learning more on the subject and am looking for some authentic sources. adutha vElaiyaa adha paNNanumnu sonnEn and am doing it. Haha ok. With you, the possibility of 'working in Rwanda' as your next assignment, is not a possibility to rule out, அதுனாலதான் கேட்டேன்.

Have you seen the movie? In bits and pieces. Wouldn't call it riveting.
Hope you have seen Blood Diamond.

P_R
8th March 2011, 12:59 PM
P_R - Thanks. As we discussed the true test will be reviewing the big budget Hindi nonsense. There is one in the offing in March - Game. பாத்து செய்ங்க. Plum திட்டிரப்போறாரு :lol2:

complicateur
8th March 2011, 01:11 PM
Yes yes. Stars Abhishek Pachchan (His surname is Menon in the film!!).

ajaybaskar
8th March 2011, 01:16 PM
Compli,

I have a very bad memory.. :-( Here after i will not forget.

complicateur
8th March 2011, 01:21 PM
Ajay- Ithukellam poi :( paNNikittu.

groucho070
8th March 2011, 01:25 PM
Yes yes. Stars Abhishek Pachchan (His surname is Menon in the film!!).Start sharpening your knife already? Can't wait to read it.

ajithfederer
9th March 2011, 04:52 AM
Kid

Can you point me to your post of Ghost writer. The lazy guy that I am not able to find your post. Want to read it.

ajithfederer
11th March 2011, 03:25 PM
Salt (2010_ :rotfl:

En sarvisla naan evvalavo thillalangadi padangalai paathirukken but this film's plot tops em all.

kid-glove
11th March 2011, 03:45 PM
Kid

Can you point me to your post of Ghost writer. The lazy guy that I am not able to find your post. Want to read it.

Unable to trace in new vbulletin or google, Feddy!

SoftSword
11th March 2011, 08:07 PM
Hotel Rwanda.

Good and educative but could have been better in terms of impact !

Got to know quite a bit about the issues between Hutu and Tutsi Community in Rwanda and Burundi. Need to learn more on this. Adutha vElai adhuthaan.

i liked this movie very much

littlemaster1982
11th March 2011, 11:49 PM
Salt (2010_ :rotfl:

En sarvisla naan evvalavo thillalangadi padangalai paathirukken but this film's plot tops em all.

Now your post makes me curious :mrgreen:

Roshan
12th March 2011, 12:12 AM
Dog Day Afternoon..

All Pacino, his eyes and body language - Chanceless !! :2thumbsup:

Movied didn't have BGM but never felt it at any point.

kid-glove
12th March 2011, 12:51 AM
His best performance. No IMO needed.

kid-glove
12th March 2011, 01:02 AM
Feddy,
But A.Jolie kicks ass in Salt. The final kill with the handcuff is one for the ages. :noteeth:

ajithfederer
12th March 2011, 01:18 PM
Got it dude. here it is. http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?8530-Which-non-indian-film-u-saw-recently-has-made-u-post-here&p=528033&viewfull=1#post528033

Unable to trace in new vbulletin or google, Feddy!

ajithfederer
12th March 2011, 01:19 PM
Ounandi :noteeth:

Feddy,
But A.Jolie kicks ass in Salt. The final kill with the handcuff is one for the ages. :noteeth:

ajithfederer
12th March 2011, 01:20 PM
Haha. Execution wise dumeels kooda naan poruthukuven (like wanted adhu sema comedy adhu vera vishayam) but indha padathoda kadhai... yeppa

Now your post makes me curious :mrgreen:

jinju
12th March 2011, 01:42 PM
Dog Day Afternoon..

All Pacino, his eyes and body language - Chanceless !! :2thumbsup:

Movied didn't have BGM but never felt it at any point.

attica attica! yes, chanceless is the word!!!:notworthy:

P_R
12th March 2011, 01:55 PM
No IMO needed. IMO pOdalaam, thappillai :-)

Saai
12th March 2011, 06:08 PM
His best performance. No IMO needed.

Ejatly! vaaippe ledhu kind of performance that was...The performance which makes me feel that Pacino is better than Deniro.. Pacino just dont have restrains when he is performing...full flowthaan

Roshan
13th March 2011, 12:06 AM
attica attica! yes, chanceless is the word!!!:notworthy:

That was :bow: :bow:

complicateur
13th March 2011, 07:03 PM
Review of Clint Eastwood's Hereafter for the paper: http://bit.ly/dHWu2u

littlemaster1982
14th March 2011, 12:27 AM
Due Date - quite good. In fact I enjoyed this one more than The Hangover. Zach was :rotfl2: Esp when he breaks the news that he is having cancer :lol:

groucho070
14th March 2011, 06:27 AM
Rango - impressive animation, clever action sequences, great vocal performance, one of the best western I had seen in recent years. And there was a delightful cameo too. Works for adult and kids.Talaivar/Leone fans, this one's for you.

groucho070
14th March 2011, 11:06 AM
Movied didn't have BGM but never felt it at any point.I think there was music, more like from the street, but that would be the only time.

Sidney Lumet seriously need to given more recognition. Look at the body of his work, there are some brilliant stuff in there. And that too coming from an old school, live TV guy.

kubrick
16th March 2011, 01:03 AM
Alfred Hitchcock's Notorious

This might easily end up as the best movie I watched in 2011. I just couldn't get enough of the visual masterwork. Each shot looked choreographed and painted rather than directed. Lighting, angle, movements each thing say something or the other about the characters. Ingrid Bergman's acting was so subtle for that period and Cary Grant's style was just too good. After watching all the poorly made Noirs and dull classics this one was a such a different viewing which I wasn't expecting at all. I feel so stupid for not following Hitchcock closely for so long.

venkkiram
16th March 2011, 01:31 AM
Watched "Who Is Clark Rockefeller? " in Lifetime network.

Based on the life of Christian Gerhartsreiter, a German who for years impersonated many people..

Eric McCormack acting is gud. Movie can be watched once.

SoftSword
16th March 2011, 06:29 AM
August Rush
at the moment, it makes me feel like this is the best movie i have ever watched or listened to...
maybe i wont feel the same after a while... but after moments is what matters rite?
thanks to my friend who suggested me this today.

Sarna
16th March 2011, 08:50 AM
Crazy/Beautiful - nice entertainer :thumbsup:

arthi2780
16th March 2011, 04:31 PM
The Big Bang : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1307873/

I enjoyed this movie thoroughly. Intelligent & twisty.
+ : Naration
- : The Big Bang (watch the movie to understand what I mean)

Dilbert
16th March 2011, 10:31 PM
Rango , loved this movie. Very Simple storyline with great narration ! This is Johnny's 1 of the finest since P of C 1

VENKIRAJA
17th March 2011, 09:52 AM
Fight Club.
Kaleidoscopic, Mindnumbing performances, Brilliant piece of dialogue and a directorial mastercraft. Simply, one of the best movies ever made. Bluray revisit.

ajithfederer
17th March 2011, 01:47 PM
Once upon a Time in America

Bobby, James Woods, Elizabeth McGovern and Sergio Leone :clap:

kid-glove
17th March 2011, 01:50 PM
Once upon a Time in America

Bobby, James Woods, Elizabeth McGovern and Sergio Leone :clap:

Morricone :notworthy:

ajithfederer
17th March 2011, 02:24 PM
Just now finished seeing. Leone has crafted every scene. It is the European Version which runs for 229 minutes. Wiki also says that there is a directors cut version of 269 mins. :shock:.

Morricone :notworthy:

VENKIRAJA
17th March 2011, 03:16 PM
Just now finished seeing. Leone has crafted every scene. It is the European Version which runs for 229 minutes. Wiki also says that there is a directors cut version of 269 mins. :shock:.
Thats a hoax. I even asked folks on IMDb. The European version is even shorter, and the 3 hour 49 minute version is the Director's cut. The 5 hour version is the unedited footage which was supposed to release in 2 volumes. Producers didn't agree, from what I heard.

ajithfederer
18th March 2011, 02:16 AM
The Time Traveler's Wife - Good. Bana, Eric and Rachel McAdams are too good in this film. Quite a delightful drama.

kid-glove
18th March 2011, 04:43 AM
Thanks to Feddy's reminder. Getting BRRip of OUATIW and OUATIA.

VENKIRAJA
18th March 2011, 10:11 AM
The Social Network. Has become a sitcom, except that I play the same episode everyday evening. It is brutally addictive, and the screenwriting is simply mastercraft. Casting, has to be one of the best ever.

Saai
18th March 2011, 08:57 PM
The Time Traveler's Wife - Good. Bana, Eric and Rachel McAdams are too good in this film. Quite a delightful drama.

Currently reading the Novel ... Prologue-e nethiyadi! :)

venkkiram
19th March 2011, 12:07 AM
The Last House on the Left (2009)

டிராமா கலந்த த்ரில்லர் படம். ரீமேக்-காம். இது போன்ற ரத்தம், சதை மற்றும் உறவுகளை அப்படியே பட்டவர்த்தனமாக காட்டும் படங்கள் எனக்கு புதுசு என்பதால், ஏன் இதையெல்லாம் பார்க்கிறோம் என்ற வெறுப்பும், அதே வேளையில் எப்படித்தான் கதை போகிறது என்பதையும் பார்த்துடுவோமே என்ற உள்ளுக்குள் இருக்கும் மிருகத்தின் வேட்கையும் மாறி மாறி வந்தது. Recommend this to whoever like watching brutal, sadistic, and cruel violence based movies.

ajithfederer
19th March 2011, 11:27 AM
Stiches potta mookai pudichu amuthuvaan paarunga, Semma scene, venki. Final scene absolute class :p

jk

Dilbert
20th March 2011, 08:14 AM
Paul ! great entertainer ! Cast was spot on . An alien movie I loved in really really long time.

VENKIRAJA
21st March 2011, 10:06 AM
Stiches potta mookai pudichu amuthuvaan paarunga, Semma scene, venki. Final scene absolute class :p

jk

dialogue! Guess most of it was directly from the book, but Fincher very carefully chooses his crew. Screenwriting is also thaarumaar!

ajithfederer
21st March 2011, 11:26 AM
Inception on Blu Ray - Arumai, Attagasam, prammadham.

A very interesting premise shot/told very engagingly. Every scene is interesting when the story unfolds itself especially in the second half. A lot of information to be absorbed and relished as the movie progresses. The ensemble cast is a dream come true. Ariadne is the person by which the audience knows what's happening in the film. Acting by all actors is very good. Every frame is a pictorial delight shot across various climates/countries. I am glad that people do such daring attempts.

Action scenes are fantastic. These days we have Hollywood churn out tons of sci-fi stuff which bogs viewers who watch it. Sample this scene when Eames and Arthur are ambushed by Fischer's sub-conscious memories that scene is shot very well on the rainy streets. Explosive is the word when the freight train barges in to the city. Yusuf trying to steer the tumbling van and asking "did u see that" is :lol:. There are such great scenes splashed all over the film. Absolute entertainment.

IMO, Innaiyya thedhila there is only one guy to take such a film and it is Chris Nolan. Glad that we are living in his times. Special features in the Blu Ray set are worth watching for budding film makers.

Dinesh84
21st March 2011, 11:39 AM
Its kind of a funny story!

Its kind of a nice film :D

arthi2780
21st March 2011, 07:44 PM
Russian Movies :
Night Watch (Tombe I)
Day Watch (Tombe 2-3-4)

(Between) Ajithfederer : Whats your interpretation on the Inception's end ? [My opinion differs from yours notably on "very engagingly" & Innaiyya thedhila there is only one guy to take such a film and it is Chris Nolan ]

varunlss12
22nd March 2011, 03:22 AM
The Last House on the Left (2009)

டிராமா கலந்த த்ரில்லர் படம். ரீமேக்-காம். இது போன்ற ரத்தம், சதை மற்றும் உறவுகளை அப்படியே பட்டவர்த்தனமாக காட்டும் படங்கள் எனக்கு புதுசு என்பதால், ஏன் இதையெல்லாம் பார்க்கிறோம் என்ற வெறுப்பும், அதே வேளையில் எப்படித்தான் கதை போகிறது என்பதையும் பார்த்துடுவோமே என்ற உள்ளுக்குள் இருக்கும் மிருகத்தின் வேட்கையும் மாறி மாறி வந்தது. Recommend this to whoever like watching brutal, sadistic, and cruel violence based movies.

saw this movie 3 to 4 months back I didnt like this movie.....

varunlss12
22nd March 2011, 03:27 AM
127 hours..

ARR kaga parthen.. nice movie.gud narration kojam vitaalum bore adichudum but handled with care. ARR music pathi solla theva illa A guitar string wen he cuts his hand wow really nice.

ajithfederer
22nd March 2011, 05:07 AM
I Interpreted Nothing.
Good to know.

Russian Movies :
Night Watch (Tombe I)
Day Watch (Tombe 2-3-4)

(Between) Ajithfederer : Whats your interpretation on the Inception's end ? [My opinion differs from yours notably on "very engagingly" & Innaiyya thedhila there is only one guy to take such a film and it is Chris Nolan ]

arthi2780
22nd March 2011, 05:27 PM
I Interpreted Nothing. Good to know.

I asked whats your take on the films end ?

Dilbert
22nd March 2011, 08:32 PM
Firefox - clint eastwood another great performance.. gripping storyline !

VENKIRAJA
23rd March 2011, 10:33 AM
IMO, Innaiyya thedhila there is only one guy to take such a film and it is Chris Nolan. Glad that we are living in his times.

Darren Aronofsky.

groucho070
23rd March 2011, 01:09 PM
For Dalton's birthday, re-visited (for the umpteenth time) License To Kill.

Call it blasphemy, but I am now declaring this as my favourite James Bond movie, From Russia With Love, formerly number 1, goes to second spot. LTK is awesome beyond belief, so revisitable. Note to Leone fans, Yojimbo was one of the inspiration behind the script.

Dilbert
23rd March 2011, 08:21 PM
For Dalton's birthday, re-visited (for the umpteenth time) License To Kill.

Call it blasphemy, but I am now declaring this as my favourite James Bond movie, From Russia With Love, formerly number 1, goes to second spot. LTK is awesome beyond belief, so revisitable. Note to Leone fans, Yojimbo was one of the inspiration behind the script.

on the contrary that's 1 of my least fav in Bond franchise - Dalton and Bond what were they thinking?

arthi2780
23rd March 2011, 09:00 PM
Dalton and Bond what were they thinking?

Just wondering what would be your remark if I say I still enjoy watching George Lazanby's "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" :shaking:
Talking about License to Kill, I consider it to be a "top action movie" in the James Bond series. Mind blowing climax "truck" stunts !

Got all the Bond movies on Blu-ray with extra features, scenes, interviews .... Its feels good going through all these "extras" after years of being a fan of James Bond Movies and watching them multiple times. My personel best is "You Only Live Twice". I still love the opening scene from this movie and the opening scene from "The Spy Who Loved Me" parachute jump. My uncle used to take us to bond movies screened in "udhayam" and "Indra" theatre ... time flies ...:cry2: (also the movies of Bud Spencer/Terrance Hill ; Kung-Fu (36 Chamber of Sholin + Drunken Master are wonders :))

Dilbert
24th March 2011, 12:40 AM
Just wondering what would be your remark if I say I still enjoy watching George Lazanby's "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" :shaking:
Talking about License to Kill, I consider it to be a "top action movie" in the James Bond series. Mind blowing climax "truck" stunts !

:notthatway: I said least fav ! not bad movie there is a difference. Unfortunately this movie didn't do well in BO either. For me Dalton looked more the like staright faced villan than bond :lol:
sean connery always puts smile on my face avar action stunts ellam super subramanium range :-)

On that note finally I am gald Next bond installment will be released in 2012.

kid-glove
24th March 2011, 12:57 PM
Dalton brought some of the more human qualities to Bond. Craig is the spiritual successor.

Stiglitz
24th March 2011, 01:23 PM
Hachiko - A Dog's Story starring Richard Gear.

I almost cried... sad stuff...

groucho070
24th March 2011, 02:12 PM
Thilak, once even your man was considered for the role. But he would've given Dalton Version Extra. Manusan combat strategey ellam padichi, unmaya screen bad guys muthugelumbu udaichiruppar :lol2:

My love for Dalton is purely because of my love for the source, the original books. Pesi pesi aluttupoyachi.

Dilbert, super subramaniam range-na? I think he's the best fighter of them all. Check out the train fight in From Russia With Love, the lift fight in Diamonds are forever, the "couch" fight in You Only Live Twice, the "shocking" fight pre-title Goldfinger, and whole bunch of violent incidents in Thunderball. Super Subramaniam-a? :evil:

groucho070
24th March 2011, 02:14 PM
By the way, License to kill didn't do expected business in USA, where it had to fight with Lethal Weapon, Die Hard, Batman and Indie 3 - the summer of blood they called it then. Internationally it did well. Chickening out, they started releasing the imposter's (95-02) films around Christmas onwards.

Stiglitz
24th March 2011, 03:15 PM
On that note finally I am gald Next bond installment will be released in 2012.

I heard Daniel Craig isn't going to be Bond anymore, that true? :(

groucho070
24th March 2011, 03:27 PM
No, he's still playing but not Fleming's Bond anymore if you consider this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIjiqeUx4fk).

arthi2780
24th March 2011, 05:21 PM
For me Dalton looked more the like staright faced villan than bond.

Dalton brought some of the more human qualities to Bond. Craig is the spiritual successor.

I agree with Kidglove. Dalton is an under-rated actor. Watch "The King's Whore".
I think I am slowly been pulled towards Craig. Yesterday I saw Casino Royale : He has put a lot of physical stress in the movie (which is unusual is a Bond movie) and his looks .... :grin:

leons0133
24th March 2011, 05:54 PM
Both the film is very superb...

arthi2780
24th March 2011, 06:26 PM

Did you mean 2012 ?

Dilbert
25th March 2011, 07:46 AM
Dilbert, super subramaniam range-na? I think he's the best fighter of them all. Check out the train fight in From Russia With Love, the lift fight in Diamonds are forever, the "couch" fight in You Only Live Twice, the "shocking" fight pre-title Goldfinger, and whole bunch of violent incidents in Thunderball. Super Subramaniam-a? :evil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRzZHjYcPPM edjample here

Groucho - I said it puts a smile on my face not !@#$% !! Chellama sonen !

ajithfederer
26th March 2011, 02:10 AM
Midnight run - De Niro and Charles Grodin.

Now this is a fine bounty hunter film. Very funny works on multiple levels. The camaraderie between Grodin and De Niro throughout their journey is fantastic. It's funny when every time de niro yells "Marvin watchout". Lots of interesting situations with good twists/turns throughout the movie. A fine american film.

Stiglitz
26th March 2011, 09:50 AM
Midnight run - De Niro and Charles Grodin.

Now this is a fine bounty hunter film. Very funny works on multiple levels. The camaraderie between Grodin and De Niro throughout their journey is fantastic. It's funny when every time de niro yells "Marvin watchout". Lots of interesting situations with good twists/turns throughout the movie. A fine american film.

Marvin: "You Can't even Deliver a bottle of MILK!!!"

ajithfederer
28th March 2011, 05:09 AM
Yeah :lol:

Enna idhu Amon Goeth avatar ellam?. Fan club join pannitingala ? ;)

Marvin: "You Can't even Deliver a bottle of MILK!!!"

kubrick
29th March 2011, 12:06 AM
Le Deuxieme Souffle

This is apparently Melville's most commercially successful movie. You all being somewhat similar to my ethnicity, could you help me with this movie? Once I finished watching the film I understood what it was about and certain techniques the director has used to portray the characters' bleak and dark side, but once I started listening to the commentary later I got really irritated with the fact that there are so many things (apart from the cultural things) that I have missed out in the movie, this I realized after 15mins of commentary and I switched it off.

Do you people watch such so called classics? If yes, do you understand at least most of the subtle intricacies and techniques these films have in each and every frame of them? Please HELP.

groucho070
29th March 2011, 06:54 AM
Kubrick, don't know about that movie. When we watch them, we allow them to assault our audio visual senses and if it's great, it's great. Commentaries however accurate the observations and recollections, can also mostly be after thoughts, things picked up from critics reviews, retrofitted glorious bullshits picked up from film student groupies, etc. Also, it could be that the filmaker took lots of pain to include those so called subtle intricacies, worked careful on those techniques to achieve the end result. My point being, watch first, if curious, watch again with commentary.

Stiglitz
30th March 2011, 03:15 AM
Yeah :lol:

Enna idhu Amon Goeth avatar ellam?. Fan club join pannitingala ? ;)

:lol: I had just seen Schindler's List aniiki for the millionth time. :P

Stiglitz
30th March 2011, 03:16 AM
Megamind - :clap:

Excellent animated film...

kubrick
31st March 2011, 12:23 AM
Kubrick, don't know about that movie. When we watch them, we allow them to assault our audio visual senses and if it's great, it's great. Commentaries however accurate the observations and recollections, can also mostly be after thoughts, things picked up from critics reviews, retrofitted glorious bullshits picked up from film student groupies, etc. Also, it could be that the filmaker took lots of pain to include those so called subtle intricacies, worked careful on those techniques to achieve the end result. My point being, watch first, if curious, watch again with commentary.

Thank you grouch070. I too had a similar feeling that these guys are over-analyzing the movie and seeing stuff which weren't even meant to be there. But what you are saying is very true and yes, from now on that is how I am going to watch these kind of movies. If I understand it is well and good, if I don't even that is okay.

groucho070
31st March 2011, 07:09 AM
The Great Buck Howard

...played by the great John Malkovich. Collin Hanks play a Matthew Broderick character, his dad appears in two scene playing his father. Otherwise, one of those gentle films with lots of piano plonking and soft noise that will fail to wake up a post-milk sleeping babies and gives that dopey eyed puppy look to award committees. Watch it for Malkovich.

ajithfederer
1st April 2011, 09:25 AM
The Bourne Identity (2002)

Solid start to a blockbuster franchise. Matt Damon is super sharp as a "CIA Asset". Franka Potente is too good. Acts like a sweet heart and immensely likeable. In my experience I've observed European Actors to always good. Stunts are glorious. Sorry Bond fans, Bond films look super silly to Bourne with an exception to may be the last Bond film.

groucho070
1st April 2011, 09:50 AM
The last Bond film tried to be Bourne, that's why most of us hate it.

ajithfederer
1st April 2011, 09:54 AM
Good decision they made then :lol: :yessir:

groucho070
1st April 2011, 10:01 AM
Stan, the Bond films were never meant to be realistic. Even the grim License To Kill has some silly goofy moments. Back in 60s when Bondmania ruled, they were also making more realistic spy flicks like The Spy Who Came From Cold or the Harry Palmer films which incidentally was produced by one of the Bond producers. It's supposed to be outlandish, a bit over the top, good one-liners and not too far away from the original source (Fleming).

I like watch both type. Liked the first Bourne mini-series which was slower, not frantic like this one which is not bad by itself.

ajithfederer
1st April 2011, 10:07 AM
Thanks Groucho :)

Searching now The Spy Who Came From Cold or the Harry Palmer films.

littlemaster1982
1st April 2011, 11:13 AM
The Bourne Identity (2002)

Solid start to a blockbuster franchise. Matt Damon is super sharp as a "CIA Asset". Franka Potente is too good. Acts like a sweet heart and immensely likeable. In my experience I've observed European Actors to always good. Stunts are glorious. Sorry Bond fans, Bond films look super silly to Bourne with an exception to may be the last Bond film.

Every time I watch this film, I end up watching the whole trilogy. This is one of the very few complete trilogies in Hollywood.

groucho070
1st April 2011, 11:43 AM
Thanks Groucho :)

Searching now The Spy Who Came From Cold or the Harry Palmer films.Good, we should start Michael Caine fan club.

kid-glove
1st April 2011, 11:44 AM
Casino Royale >>> All Bourne films IMHO.

groucho070
1st April 2011, 11:47 AM
Casino Royale >>> All Bourne films IMHO.{Insert fav Kamal quote here.] I'd say CR = Bourne Identity. Bourne 2/3<<<<<<<<Quantum of Solace.

kid-glove
1st April 2011, 12:06 PM
Grouch,
Actually CR made it into my decade best lists. No other Spy/Agent films come close last decade. Except maybe "Limits of Control" but many would call it an Avant-garde fart. Bourne Series, I like, and is a different kettle of fish to other pretenders. Mostly because Greengrass knows & understands the handheld camera aesthetic, and there's a stylistic consistency to take seriously.

Btw, On Thalaivar as Bond - :lol: would be a misfit.

Agree re. the DVD commentary. Two of the best commentaries I've listened had both involving Jack Nicholson (the man's voice sits well with anything & everything & he paces it at right, silent intervals):
a) The Passenger (helped understand how Antonioni works, and the technique used for the last continuous long shot)
b) One flew over the cuckoo's nest (with Milos Forman, but this might be more to do with the fact it was the first DVD I bought with extras & commentary!)
Coppola's The Godfather commentary is an old favorite and full of delicious anecdotes.
Among film scholars & historians, Stephen Prince commentary has never failed to be illuminating and insightful. Whether it's the Kurosawa films or Peckinpah's Straw Dogs, Prince's commentary is a #WIN (to use a Twitter jargon.)
Film scholar & Welles Historian/expert Rosenbaum's commentary for Mr.Arkadin. Again a MUST HAVE for all Welles lovers.

kid-glove
1st April 2011, 12:11 PM
Although when I think about it, I seem to have more fondness for Doug Liman's first installment to subsequent Greengrass films !

groucho070
1st April 2011, 12:16 PM
On the commentaries, check out the ones with Kurt Russell/Carpenter, infectious fun.

Avadi to America
1st April 2011, 10:36 PM
Kid-glove,

Excellant, DP of Daniel Day-Lewis.

i enjoyed his role as oil man in the movie " there will be blood". He even overshadowed Dicaprio, who had more footage, in Gangs of newyork....

Dilbert
2nd April 2011, 02:50 AM
Kill bill 1 & 2 - Nth time just brilliant story telling !

Bond series v/s Bourne series shouldn't be compared they cater to 2 comepletely different generes.

And Pl don't rank them as "just action/thriller flicks"

as our CAT confirmed I second him that the last installment failed becuase we saw Bond who was more human (like bourne) less spy.
Having said that Bourne series could be easily imitated example : Taken , recent 1 unknown and still get away with it.

groucho070
4th April 2011, 07:20 AM
Having said that Bourne series could be easily imitated example : Taken , recent 1 unknown and still get away with it.Absolutely. Do a Bond, and you will be called a copycat, but Bourne is everywhere, anywhere.

By the by, the agent with amnesia plot was already in the last Bond novel. Bond arrives in M's office and almost kills his boss. Then they had to rework on him memory and bring him back to the so-called good side.

Stiglitz
4th April 2011, 09:04 PM
Just saw The Pianist again after a long time... Very well done! :cool:

Anyone seen "Faster"? Worth watching?

Nerd
4th April 2011, 09:45 PM
The Hangover II trailer in HD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9co0F15-AU

Same story looks like. Even if this one is going to be half as funny as the first one, we have a treat. Btw, saw the *supposed* original - Dude where's my car again on TV yesterday. Still remains a maranamokkai and no match to the hangover on all counts (Humor, screenplay, characters etc.) And that kutcher dude is such a pain :banghead:

venkkiram
4th April 2011, 10:11 PM
Rango

மகனோடு நேற்று பார்த்தேன். அமர்க்களம். அட்டகாசம். சிறந்த பொழுதுபோக்கு. இன்னொரு முறை பார்க்கணும். அழகான, நகைச்சுவை கலந்த வசனங்கள. பங்கேற்ற அனைத்து தொழில் நுட்பக் கலைஞ்ர்களுக்கும் பாராட்டுக்கள் - நன்றிகள்.

kubrick
5th April 2011, 12:54 AM
You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger

I've been wanting to watch this movie for sometime even after reading so many bad things about it and watched a movie with neutral expectations for once. I, personally, loved this movie. I dont know why but I just could see how a man, as old as Woody, can see things and how paranoid he is. All I could see in the movie was paranoia and his diminishing hope of laying his hands on one of his actresses again. When a man, who is very low on confidence and is convincing himself that there is nothing more to life than what he has already seen, is making a movie the result will be this.

ajithfederer
5th April 2011, 01:00 AM
Tell me about it Nerd. Adhai vera peria kaaviyam madhiri inge pesittu irundhanga.

The Hangover II trailer in HD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9co0F15-AU

Same story looks like. Even if this one is going to be half as funny as the first one, we have a treat. Btw, saw the *supposed* original - Dude where's my car again on TV yesterday. Still remains a maranamokkai and no match to the hangover on all counts (Humor, screenplay, characters etc.) And that kutcher dude is such a pain :banghead:

ajithfederer
5th April 2011, 08:58 AM
Mildred Pierce - HBO Mini series Part 1 and 2.

Very Good. Kate winslet is at it again.

VENKIRAJA
5th April 2011, 09:54 AM
Ratatouille on bluray.
Attention to detail :notworthy: End credits.. vaaipillamai :clap: The soundtrack is very impressive, noticed it only this time.

arthi2780
5th April 2011, 02:03 PM
The Man from Nowhere (Ajeossi) : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1527788/

arthi2780
5th April 2011, 02:11 PM
Anyone seen "Faster"? Worth watching?

Faster is an action Drama where Johnson has tried to "act". Faster as the name suggests does not have car chases, its about a transporter + bank job gone wrong + "double game" + "ball" in the head + one man army + revenge + Twist & Turns (and beleive me you will not see it comming ;))

Instead of Faster, I would recomend The Mechanic starring Jason Statham. And The Big Bang starring Banderas.
Recent movies like "Unknown" or "SuckerPunch" => watch them if you watch A-Z movies (like me) ... LoL

arthi2780
5th April 2011, 02:15 PM
Rango

Yes, Rango was good, funny. Me too saw it yesterday. I watched it in numeric (only 2D version was released in my town) and I do not know whether the movie was released in 3D elsewhere. Would love to watch it in 3D.

Vela
5th April 2011, 04:07 PM
Hide and Seek - oru nalla padam :thumbsup:

Dinesh84
5th April 2011, 06:42 PM
Drive Angry 3D :banghead: why did they release a 3d version for this film ? :think:

Dinesh84
5th April 2011, 06:45 PM
Ace Ventura - Pet Detective :lol: a good comedy film. Though it is not the best of Jim Carrey, it was quite good :D Have to watch the sequel to this film this weekend.

arthi2780
6th April 2011, 02:03 PM
Drive Angry 3D :banghead: why did they release a 3d version for this film ? :think:

Hé Hé Hé ... Welcome to the club ! Thought I was the only one who watched it !
Unknown source : "Evil killed itself after watching this movie" :

SoftSword
6th April 2011, 02:29 PM
gujal padama?

Dilbert
6th April 2011, 09:03 PM
Source code - > 1 of the best I have seen in recent team . Don't miss it !

Hop - :cry: aviodable.

ajithfederer
8th April 2011, 07:58 AM
Watching Judge Dredd

Jeez Diane Lane looks super hot in those blue tight uniforms. :P.

ajithfederer
8th April 2011, 09:11 AM
Finished watching, Not bad cheesy sci fi flick.

arthi2780
8th April 2011, 03:18 PM
Diane Lane looks more dynamic and pretty in "Murder at 1600"
Have you seen "Untraceable" ?

Querida
9th April 2011, 03:24 AM
Watched "The Fighter" :thumbsup:
Christian Bale is certainly impressive, the "cake walk" scene was certainly very intense for us, we all were like "no, no, not again!"
it's quite surreal reminding oneself that this is a real family
Oooohweee! who knew "Enchanted" Amy could be such a spitfire? :lol:

Dilbert
9th April 2011, 08:30 AM
Watched HAANA ! Female version of Jason bourne with ERIC bana's coaching ! I would give it a *** great camera work ! I am fan of chemical brothers scores.. :clap: this movie was no exception great work. It dragged at times my popcorn distracted me with its taste :slurp: (jalapeno seasoning) !

ajithfederer
9th April 2011, 11:45 AM
The Killing - amc tv series - Who killed rosie larsen?. The first two hour premiere. A captivating start 8-)

ajithfederer
9th April 2011, 02:09 PM
8 mile again :clap:

Eminem :clap: 8-)

Querida
10th April 2011, 06:57 AM
:shoot: :cool: Rango :cool: :shoot:

Much more enjoyable as an adult...I think as a child it's not kiddy enough...understanding the script is quite key and contributes to much of the humour. Can't go without saying, great animation..."The Spirit of the West" appearance was too good!! Johnny sounds like Jack Sparrow character in his voicing.

Querida
11th April 2011, 04:19 AM
Incendies finally watched this film, french and arabic movie with english subs

very disturbing...leaves you feeling drained...with phases of awe, disgust, shock, and dismay, but you can't deny that it is indeed a well made film.

VENKIRAJA
11th April 2011, 12:25 PM
Monty Python and The Holy Grail. :notworthy:
Funniest film I've watched. Period.

Monty Python and the Life of Brian.
Sumaar. Ellarum Aaga Oogonnainga. Oru vaati paarkalaam.

Dear Terry Gilliam, what on earth did you smoke when you directed the Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus? Worst movie-watching experience by far. Naansans :rant:

arthi2780
11th April 2011, 03:23 PM
Swedish :
Millennium series - The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played with Fire and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest

(The movies were good, but havn't read the book though)

Nerd
11th April 2011, 06:45 PM
Source code - Nice timepass. I could not buy the theory though. Yedho science fiction-nu ninaichu mannchudalaam. The 'freeze-frame' towards the end of the film had some stunning images. Russell Peters was a surprise. Maximum two times watch.

arthi2780
11th April 2011, 06:56 PM
Source code - Nice timepass.

Releasing only on 20/04 :( in my town. Will watch it then :)

kid-glove
11th April 2011, 07:26 PM
I was impressed by Ripley's script. Can't wait to watch it. Have great hopes for Duncan Jones (Who directs it)..

Sunil_M88
12th April 2011, 04:03 AM
Rio - the intro song didn't take long before being looped in my playlist.

Templated story line (But a first of its kind for bird animation movies), the music just takes you somewhere else.

The animated panoramic view of Rio, Brazil is just inspiriing.

Christ the supreme :bow:

ajithfederer
13th April 2011, 01:44 AM
Mildred Pierce - Parts 3, 4 and 5 (the final). Very good. Mini-series padathai vida better aa edukkkuranga. Winslet is very good. Proves yet again that she is one of the finest actresses in her generation.

Mildred Pierce - HBO Mini series Part 1 and 2.

Very Good. Kate winslet is at it again.

AravindMano
13th April 2011, 06:03 AM
Murder On The Orient Express. NallA irundhuch. The guy who played Poirot and Ingrid Bergman were good.

venkkiram
13th April 2011, 08:43 PM
Mildred Pierce - Parts 3, 4 and 5 (the final). Very good. Mini-series padathai vida better aa edukkkuranga. Winslet is very good. Proves yet again that she is one of the finest actresses in her generation. முழுசா ஒரு தொகுதியையை கூட இன்னும் பார்க்கமுடியவில்லை. அங்கங்கே கொஞ்சம் கொஞ்சம். ரொம்ப ஆவலா இருக்கு. நேரத்தை ஒதுக்கி எப்படியாவது பார்த்துவிடனும்.

ஆமாம். நீங்க சொல்வது போல, Winslet நடிப்பில் பல பரிமாணங்களை எட்டிவிட்டார். மன அழுத்தம், சோகங்களை அவர் முகம் நன்றாகவே எடுத்துக் காட்டுகிறது. :clap:

பின்னணி இசையும் , ஒளிப்பதிவும் மெச்சத்தக்கது. ஒரு காட்சிக்கு "பட்டத்து ராணி பார்க்கும் பார்வை" மெட்டு பின்னணி இசையில் ஒலித்தது. அந்த பழைய தமிழ்ப் பாடல் சுட்ட பழமா சுடாத பழமா என தெரிந்தவர்கள் சொல்லலாம்.

kubrick
14th April 2011, 12:11 PM
Another Year a Mike Leigh film

I am quite sure, even though there is no way of watching all the movies released in 2010, that Another year will be in the top 5 best movies if not the Best movie of 2010. For sometime now I haven't been able to watch movies without getting distracted by the movie's technicalities, mistakes, goofs, trivia etc and this has stopped me from watching movies how I used to watch it, just for the story and characters. But from the very first scene this movie made me watch the it as an audience and I couldn't have cared less for the technicalities.

That's how powerful and realistic these characters in Another Year are. There is nothing extraordinary happening in the movie at all because this isn't a film about rebelling youngsters or revenge seeking oldies but just Old and middle age people realizing where they are in their life, seeing where the others are and deciding whose life is more miserable or happy. But the things that are happening can very well happen to you at a point of time in your life. The actors are very well suited and they all have peculiar faces so that even though many characters, significant or not, come and go, we can remember all of them as if we have met them all in a party which happened a couple of days back. And I am still not able to see any of them actors but just as those characters. I wouldn't like to see or know if Ruth Sheen has a family or a life at all but I feel like I know Gerri like a neighbor I have had for decades.

Though they are old people and people in mid-life crisis, they seem to have something pushing them to look forward in their life. As the title suggests we are witnessing only Another year in their lives they might have seen more in their past and they are still living. Nothing soul/life shattering happens in this year, nothing riveting or path changing happens in this year this is just Another Year.

Though I dont have much to say about the technical aspects of the film maybe until I watch it again, which I will definitely do, I liked how each season brings in misery and delight a step closer. The cinematographer needs to be applauded for bringing the moods of each season so accurately which plays a major role in the movie. As I have already said this is one incredible movie which shouldn't be missed. Highly recommended.

PARAMASHIVAN
14th April 2011, 08:28 PM
Any one seen 'Limitless' ?? any good?

Looking forward to the 'Fast And Furious', it is relasing in UK next week, if any one has seen it please post your reviews .

Querida
14th April 2011, 11:55 PM
Another Year a Mike Leigh film

I am quite sure, even though there is no way of watching all the movies released in 2010, that Another year will be in the top 5 best movies if not the Best movie of 2010. For sometime now I haven't been able to watch movies without getting distracted by the movie's technicalities, mistakes, goofs, trivia etc and this has stopped me from watching movies how I used to watch it, just for the story and characters. But from the very first scene this movie made me watch the it as an audience and I couldn't have cared less for the technicalities.

That's how powerful and realistic these characters in Another Year are. There is nothing extraordinary happening in the movie at all because this isn't a film about rebelling youngsters or revenge seeking oldies but just Old and middle age people realizing where they are in their life, seeing where the others are and deciding whose life is more miserable or happy. But the things that are happening can very well happen to you at a point of time in your life. The actors are very well suited and they all have peculiar faces so that even though many characters, significant or not, come and go, we can remember all of them as if we have met them all in a party which happened a couple of days back. And I am still not able to see any of them actors but just as those characters. I wouldn't like to see or know if Ruth Sheen has a family or a life at all but I feel like I know Gerri like a neighbor I have had for decades.

Though they are old people and people in mid-life crisis, they seem to have something pushing them to look forward in their life. As the title suggests we are witnessing only Another year in their lives they might have seen more in their past and they are still living. Nothing soul/life shattering happens in this year, nothing riveting or path changing happens in this year this is just Another Year.

Though I dont have much to say about the technical aspects of the film maybe until I watch it again, which I will definitely do, I liked how each season brings in misery and delight a step closer. The cinematographer needs to be applauded for bringing the moods of each season so accurately which plays a major role in the movie. As I have already said this is one incredible movie which shouldn't be missed. Highly recommended.

Now I'm incredibly curious, after all your "it's not this and it's not that" and it still managed to keep you riveted and coming back for another view...intriguing indeed...will keep it in mind. :) Btw, nice thoughtful writeup.

kubrick
15th April 2011, 02:03 AM
Now I'm incredibly curious, after all your "it's not this and it's not that" and it still managed to keep you riveted and coming back for another view...intriguing indeed...will keep it in mind. :) Btw, nice thoughtful writeup.

Thank you! Hope you enjoy it too. :)

ajithfederer
15th April 2011, 11:59 AM
I don't know how long it has been should be at least a decade should have passed and now I am watching an episode of "The X files". Sweet heart Gilly rocks and Fox Mulder is great.

The episode is "Jersey Devil"

arthi2780
15th April 2011, 01:50 PM
The Rite : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1161864/ => Watchable.

complicateur
16th April 2011, 09:50 AM
Rio. Out in theaters last Friday. Lovely little film. Definitely recommend a watch. Thoughts on the film here (http://bit.ly/hAXdU4).

Querida
17th April 2011, 09:52 AM
Watched "The King's Speech"

haven't watched that much restraint in characters for awhile,
Colin was painfully accurate in his portrayal of a speech epidement, talk about pressure...
Geoffrey Rush was the man that lit up the whole story, without him I don't think that this movie would have made it very far
though slow as molasses in parts and of course that stiff Brit humour and decorum that of course is expected from the Royals/British culture
Special mention for Mrs. Simpson...what a woman (someone you hate to admire, but do so anyways)
Another plus factor for me was the architecture...the scenes in the houses, the palaces, the gardens, the church...so rich in detail and luxury.

ajithfederer
17th April 2011, 11:26 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/68/Seven_%28movie%29_poster.jpg

ajithfederer
18th April 2011, 01:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syQ1zOgKuyE

Will Smith and martin lawrence :rotfl:. One of the best scenes from bad boys 2.

V_S
18th April 2011, 09:17 PM
Watched 'How to Train your Dragon' this weekend on a DVD. Amazing experience! Breathtaking visuals and graphics! :clap: Especially I loved the background score by John Powell (Nominee this (last) year). A deserving winner. Need to purchase the soundtrack. How was the score for The Social Network (which won the academy this year)? Only thing I didn't like about the movie is the title. First time when I heard this title, I guessed as some 'Making of some film' or some tutorial/documentary. They could have named the movie better.

littlemaster1982
18th April 2011, 09:37 PM
Especially I loved the background score by John Powell (Nominee this (last) year). A deserving winner.

:exactly: This is my most favorite OST in the last few years. It's a pity John Powell didn't get the award :(

V_S
18th April 2011, 09:52 PM
:exactly: This is my most favorite OST in the last few years. It's a pity John Powell didn't get the award :(
Wow! Good to hear that LM! Thanks. Normally, I don't focus much on background score whenever I see a movie for the first time, fearing to lose the actual content. But this movie, I cannot separate the BGM from the movie. Everytime I felt Powell whispering to me, hear this score and hear that. A fantastic score. I even watched the whole end credit, just for the score. Just amazing! It too feel that this score should have got the award :(, without even listening to TSN score, assuming this would certainly surpass that one.

Sid_316
19th April 2011, 02:16 AM
Nice short film :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbed2G2GAj0&feature=share

Nerd
19th April 2011, 06:36 PM
When Harry met Sally (first time).

Lovvvvly film. Solid writing. Sparkling dialogues. Great performances. Looks like Band Bajaa Baraat was losely inspired by this..

ajaybaskar
19th April 2011, 06:41 PM
Nerd,

Hum Tum is the official remake of WHMS. No idea about BBB.

Nerd
19th April 2011, 06:45 PM
Yeah possible. Seen HT only once but nothing registered..

AravindMano
19th April 2011, 10:39 PM
Confessions. பேஜாராயிட்டேன் :shaking-head: One of the Oscar contenders.

Is the high school scene in Japan so grim? I wonder what the inspiration for such a story could have been. Manami’s episode left me sad – the cruelty of it all, the way it was presented, the kid who played Manami – everything, very well realized.

The film has got such style – the slo-mos & cuts (brings the classroom sparklingly alive – a bit over done but), the stimulating soundtrack - that I watched it again to revisit every aspect of it.

Twenty minutes into the film and never could I divert my attention. Worth a watch. Be warned of freaky violence.

KV
19th April 2011, 11:28 PM
Yet another article on one of the greatest movies ever made - On the set of Apocalypse Now (http://www.maureenorth.com/1977/06/on-the-set-of-apocalypse-now/)

ajithfederer
20th April 2011, 01:38 AM
One of the greatest movies ever made :clap:. Coppola bagged a second Palme D' or for this film. The movie is a great visual experience. Sema long aana paakalam. It's not coming on TV these days.

Yet another article on one of the greatest movies ever made - On the set of Apocalypse Now (http://www.maureenorth.com/1977/06/on-the-set-of-apocalypse-now/)

ajithfederer
20th April 2011, 11:17 AM
The killing amc tv series episode 3. Good. Waiting for other episodes.

groucho070
20th April 2011, 11:48 AM
Yet another article on one of the greatest movies ever made - On the set of Apocalypse Now (http://www.maureenorth.com/1977/06/on-the-set-of-apocalypse-now/)To me :wink:

KV
20th April 2011, 02:52 PM
Of course Grouch! Why I'd put it that way was because I've seen only the Redux version so far! :razz:
Insane, absolutely insane! Gets me high every single time, level-e vera!.

Spotted this article in the same site - Mia’s Story: Farrow on Woody (http://www.maureenorth.com/1992/11/333/). An exhaustive coverage of Woody's pedophilic allegations that could quite easily find a place in the kisu-kisu or Shocking things threads. But then, sometimes, geniuses are cocky and eccentric, aren’t they? Nothing of this is going to rob the experience of watching this little master’s work.

groucho070
20th April 2011, 03:02 PM
Yeah, don't give a damn about the Woodsters private life.

By the way, I prefer the original to Redux. The mysticism surrounding Kurtz gets completely blown away when a very normal looking Brando reads the newspaper. I know Coppola was not happy with the earlier version, but that was the version that got folks talking about it for decades.

Dilbert
20th April 2011, 11:20 PM
The missing ! one of the best Cowboy-Indian in recent times , seen it like 20 + times.. still everytime I play this Dvd I don't pause for even a scene
Dirty Harry - Eastwood ! :clap:

ajaybaskar
21st April 2011, 07:54 AM
The Next Three Days

A racy thriller with no twists or turns or antagonists.

Dinesh84
21st April 2011, 08:03 PM
A-Team
The big screen version of A-Team TV series. An average action flick. Worth a one time watch.
Gosh, these FBI's and CIA's in hollywood movies are so predictable.

Dilbert
21st April 2011, 09:12 PM
The Next Three Days

A racy thriller with no twists or turns or antagonists.

crowe was ok ! , he started annoying me like 40 mins in to the movie, overrall we can watch once.

Dilbert
21st April 2011, 09:13 PM
Hey guys pl don't MISS RIO ! superb animation nalla padam ! Ofcourse fully family entertainer .

rajkumarc
22nd April 2011, 01:23 AM
Watched the old Clash of the Titans. The special & visual effects from the previous generation have their own charm.

ajithfederer
22nd April 2011, 11:33 AM
Shameless - Episodes 1,2 and 3. Good.

ajithfederer
25th April 2011, 10:34 AM
Watching The Killing - Episode 5/

ajaybaskar
25th April 2011, 05:33 PM
The King's Speech

Visually and aurally spectacular.

Dilbert
26th April 2011, 12:36 AM
The King's Speech

Visually and aurally spectacular.

Shamelessly brilliant movie about Brit royal ! Probably the only movie I liked so far , Seagar gapur could learn a lesson or 2 for this movie for elisabathu the 50th.

Querida
26th April 2011, 09:18 AM
"The Kids Are Alright"

A more human/realistic look at a Single-gender family, erm saw way more of Mark R and Julianne M. then I would have liked...Annette Bening and Mia W. were riveting to watch.

SoftSword
27th April 2011, 12:50 AM
for the pleasure of famous grouse:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqjcoTzhaIk

ajithfederer
28th April 2011, 02:57 PM
The Blind side - Have watched it like multiple times on TV before. Acting is quite good especially Sandra Bullock, Mike Oher and the kid SJ. Its good to know such incidents have happened in real life.

groucho070
28th April 2011, 03:11 PM
SS thank you. Excuse me one nimit for five nimits....

....TALAIVAAAAA......

AravindMano
29th April 2011, 07:51 PM
Live Flesh. Took some time to settle into the film, in spite of the glorious opening scene. (that shot of the landlord lady biting the umbilical cord with her teeth and blood over her mouth, ha! Can anyone else other than Almodovar imagine that?) Before I could emotionally invest on these five characters, the romance-musical-chair had already started. Still, it fell in place well later.

Has one of the best matter scenes, err, arthouse eroticism if you would allow me to say ;)

And almost every time I watch an Almodovar film and read some reviews, I could see people screaming this-is-Alomodovar’s-most-mature-effort-yet. I want to know which ones are his immature efforts. May be I would love it totally.

complicateur
30th April 2011, 10:57 AM
Source Code (http://complicateur.blogspot.com/2011/04/manifest-destiny.html)- Not bad actually, but not as good as Duncan Jones' first.

ajithfederer
2nd May 2011, 02:41 AM
It's available in N/F, Will be added to the 300+ that are already there to be viewed. Endha jenmathula paaka poreino :lol:

Live Flesh. Took some time to settle into the film, in spite of the glorious opening scene. (that shot of the landlord lady biting the umbilical cord with her teeth and blood over her mouth, ha! Can anyone else other than Almodovar imagine that?) Before I could emotionally invest on these five characters, the romance-musical-chair had already started. Still, it fell in place well later.

Has one of the best matter scenes, err, arthouse eroticism if you would allow me to say ;)

And almost every time I watch an Almodovar film and read some reviews, I could see people screaming this-is-Alomodovar’s-most-mature-effort-yet. I want to know which ones are his immature efforts. May be I would love it totally.

ajithfederer
2nd May 2011, 02:42 AM
Shameless - First season, All 12 episodes. Great acting by everybody. Fantastic direction. :clap:

ajithfederer
8th May 2011, 04:42 AM
Prison Break - Season 1 - Excellent

Excellent direction and premise. Thoroughly thought out story with great performances. Screenplay is very good. The research and background work involved is amazing. One of the best in TV Series I have seen. Wentworth Miller, I don't know where they found this dude. He is good. The doctor role Sara Tancredi is very good too.

Season 2 - Good. More on it later.

V_S
8th May 2011, 10:42 AM
Director Carlos Saldanha is from Brazil and the film named 'Rio' explains well about how intimate this film would be to Carlos. As expected, Carlos takes us through breath-taking Rio's landscapes, narrow and uneven streets, rain forests, colorful species of birds, panoramic beaches, not to miss the most colorful Rio's Carnival with a feel-good story line ( but we can predict it mostly). Very good family entertainer. Eventhough, I felt there are some pitfalls like every character is not fully developed, we can ignore those considering there is no dull moment in the film and for the extremely well done 3D CGI animation. Dialogues are good and humorous. Carnival is at dazzling heights and best. Big applause for animating this piece along with the whole crowd. John Powell (for score alone) and Various performing artists (for soundtrack alone) gave Carlos their full support to give us a beautiful visual and aural experience.
With this film 3D animation has taken a giant leap and many many thanks to Fox's Blue Sky studios for extra-ordinary thinking, making and bringing this animation a reality. (Watched Ice Age 4 trailer in 3D, can't wait, it seems the animation is even more powerful).

Just the name 'Rio' and 'John Powell' interested me to watch this animated film, as I was thrilled to hear the score since it would be a totally different score compared to HTTYD which was more western classical. John Powell has given a mixed style of brazilian samba, western classical and contemporary genres in his score. Powell does it again, but I just felt the brazilian touch in the score is less (as most part of the film revolves around Rio), but not sure how Carlos got convinced, that matters the most. Again one of the best contenders of academy nomination this year.

First two minutes of the film
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ81_Q0lYAM&feature=related

'Telling the world' by Taio Cruz. My most favorite song in the film.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JK_Lg8P7PU&feature=related

Score suite. Thanks to the uploader. A glimpse of how the soundtrack is, 14 minutes of soundtrack. You can hear the blend of Samba, WCM and even some pop unlike a pure western classical stuff in HTTYD.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftF_hKiXqP4

Don't miss 'Rio' Samba blast this summer!

littlemaster1982
8th May 2011, 10:23 PM
Buried - quite good. Mild spoiler: I kinda expected the ending, but when it happens, it just takes you aback.</spoiler>

rajkumarc
11th May 2011, 10:21 AM
Dr.Strangelove - superb movie, the war room scenes were incredibly funny given the overall grim situation. Didn't realize that Peter Sellers acted in three different roles while watching. Can never guess from the makeup or acting that it was the same actor who portrayed all three roles, especially Dr.Strangelove.

Stiglitz
11th May 2011, 08:19 PM
Megamind - One of the best Animated Films i've seen since Toy Story.

Source Code - WATCH IT!!!!

Unknown - Interesting, and keeps u engaged until the last half hour.

Limitless - Worth Watching twice.

ajithfederer
13th May 2011, 08:51 PM
Prison Break - Seasons 2 and 4 - Excellent. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Hands down the best action drama series i've watched. Michael Scofield is one of the best characters written in the field of motion pictures/tv series. Wentworth Miller Naasthi. Might have a few road blocks but still this series is a great attempt.

groucho070
16th May 2011, 06:44 AM
The Public Enemy (1931)

Told my wife this: All my favourite actors, they are good because they can act with just their eyes. Cagney, my talaivar's idol, is a perfect example. Fans of Pacino's Scarface might want to take a look at this. The term "mindblowing" is overused these days, even used on Vikram's performance. Come on! Watch this and learn what "mindblowing" is.

raghavendran
19th May 2011, 08:14 AM
FAST 5
its been a very long time since i saw an out and out action film like this one..almost every alternate scene had an action sequence..the craze for cars grows wen u see this film..vin diesel,paul walker all were good but the highlighting factor in the film is Dwaye Jhonson(The Rock)..he steels the show with his screen presence..he just hulks everyone else out :clap:.actually he is the main reason why i wanted to see this film..no wonder why it has become Universal's biggest grosser..high voltage action film :clap:

Dinesh84
19th May 2011, 12:26 PM
MegaMind :clap: 2nd best animated film of 2010

Nerd
19th May 2011, 07:57 PM
Which is first? :-)

littlemaster1982
20th May 2011, 01:33 PM
Rain Man :clap: :clap: What I liked about the film is the way Hoffman's character was handled. Generally the films tend to be sympathetic towards such characters, but Rain Man didn't fall into the trap. Tom Cruise's character was well written. And the soundtrack :thumbsup:

Dinesh84
20th May 2011, 03:33 PM
Which is first? :-)
Toy Story 3 :D

Dilbert
22nd May 2011, 08:20 AM
Pirates !! Stranger tides !! fountain of $(youth) !! bubble gum tasteless after 2 hrs 18 mins of chewing , for POC fans this installment is better than 2 & 3 not that they were any great !
If you have few extra $$ and 2+hrs to spend njoy the ride in IMAX 3D sparrow and penelope spanish flavored cooking ! And ofcourse they hint 5 :shaking: on its way soon.

Watch the adventure at your own risk !

Querida
24th May 2011, 09:48 AM
"Water for Elephants"

First movie I've watched with Pattinson (steered well away from the teen vamp frenzy)
Reese looked disturbingly skeletal in most parts
Christoph Waltz was really the one to watch for...what an intense, menacing, character...
Rosie also stole the show, a delightful beauty for sure...
it's hard to wrap your mind around something so immense and full of show/pomp/dazzlement all packed away neatly on a train
the costumes and scenes were particularly rich and engrossing
they could seriously make a doc just based on the dark side of circus life...
maybe i'm just a cynic or just inclined towards dark tragedies but the ending was kinda like oh...ok.

littlemaster1982
24th May 2011, 12:23 PM
Pirates of the Carribean: On Stranger Tides - Just OK, better than 2nd/3rd and that's not saying much. If not for Johnny Depp, I doubt this franchise would survive. Even he looks uninterested here. Action sequences were good, especially mermaid attack.

Fast Five - This film makes a complete mockery of physics. Still it's fun. The climax chase is insane even by Hollywood standards.

The Hangover - Didn't like it much the first time. Found it very funny this time around. With due credits to writing, this film belongs to Zach. Everything he does made me :rotfl2:

ajaybaskar
24th May 2011, 12:49 PM
88 Minutes

Very very ordinary!! :-(

groucho070
24th May 2011, 01:06 PM
Actually its terrible. Same director did Righteous Kill with Pacino and De Niro. Total waste :sad:.

SoftSword
24th May 2011, 02:55 PM
88 Minutes

Very very ordinary!! :-(

u should have tried another 2 minutes. never give up.

ajithfederer
25th May 2011, 01:22 PM
The Killing - Who killed Rosie Larsen - Almost all episodes except the 6th one i guess. Good .

LOST Season 1. Paravala. Too much fantasy for my liking. Very less enthusiasm for the remainder of the seasons.

ajaybaskar
25th May 2011, 03:12 PM
u should have tried another 2 minutes. never give up.

Idhukku andha padame better.. :banghead:

rajkumarc
26th May 2011, 01:15 AM
Actually its terrible. Same director did Righteous Kill with Pacino and De Niro. Total waste :sad:.

Totally agree, especially I watched this right after Heat assuming it would be somewhat interesting as it involved two great actors. Completely disappointed. BTW, Heat was an awesome movie and love the restaurant scene between Pacino & De Niro.

Nerd
27th May 2011, 06:35 PM
Terrible reviews for my most expected movie this summer. Hangover 2. Anybody seen it yet? I ll watch it next weekend I think..

SoftSword
27th May 2011, 06:45 PM
GF II

shameless inspiration from nayagan, devar magan, bhasha, pudhupaettai, guru...
endhendha scenesnu list'e podalaam...
title too inspired from varalaaru...

idhukkellaam oscar vera kudutthirukkaanga....

Dilbert
28th May 2011, 12:27 AM
Terrible reviews for my most expected movie this summer. Hangover 2. Anybody seen it yet? I ll watch it next weekend I think..

Y'day friend of mine went for this movie with group of friends, he said its not worth all the hype it had ! Same stuff again in Thailand.. But again he said its a so so time pass movie.
with long weekend travel plans , I might be seeing this movie sometime next week.

groucho070
28th May 2011, 07:56 AM
GF II

idhukkellaam oscar vera kudutthirukkaanga....:lol: Athane, copycat fellows. Shame on you Coppola/Puzo.

ajithfederer
28th May 2011, 08:54 AM
Nalla velai mario puzo uyiroda illa :lol:

GF II

idhukkellaam oscar vera kudutthirukkaanga....

ajithfederer
30th May 2011, 08:58 AM
The Killing - Who killed rosie larsen - 10th episode. Good. I like the Seattle backdrop. Sarah Linden and her partner cop are too good.

groucho070
30th May 2011, 09:27 AM
Up in The Air

Nice film. Revisits are for Clooney fan and I am. I saw that he can act in possibly the worst comic book movie ever, you know which. And he delivers, particularly the "interview" scene with the girl. Wonderful script, nice ending. Ivan-oda magan sothapala, innum nalla varuvan.

ajithfederer
30th May 2011, 09:39 AM
That's a wonderful film Grouch brother.

groucho070
30th May 2011, 09:40 AM
Aye, Stan. What's with that signature?

ajithfederer
30th May 2011, 09:45 AM
AMC has been doing a memorial day weekend (Actually tomorrow holiday here for that) and they are relaying "Apocalypse now redux" constantly. Unga nyabagam dhan vandhuchu. Some iconic photography by Coppola. Scene ellam kannula othikalam.

Sig : Mudinjupona TN Eleksan

groucho070
30th May 2011, 09:47 AM
As mentioned before I prefer original, not redux. But what the heck it's still awesome. :lol: at the meaning of your signature.

V_S
31st May 2011, 03:56 AM
Kung Fu Panda 2 - Good movie. This time with a female director Jennifer Yuh Nelson. First time a female is directing for an animation film. The story this time revolves around Panda (Po) searching for his identity while the peacock (Shen, great idea of a villain peacock!) wants to destroy kung fu and rule China. Shen also knows Po's birth secret. The animation is again too good and we can appreciate more in the stunt scenes. It is very difficult to move objects that fast :clap: There are some humurous scenes and dialogues involving Po. But with all these somehow the movie lacks soul as stunt scenes cover up most of the movie. The "inner peace" concept though really nice the way it was used in the climax causes fatique, though interesting for kids.
Music as always is awesome by Hans Zimmer and John Powell. Here is the complete playlist. But I expected a different theme than the Kung Fu Panda I, but they stick to same theme, which is little disappointing.
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=2DA11174988F5156&feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_624811

Definitely worth a watch once!

Sarna
31st May 2011, 08:15 AM
True Lies - an entertaining giant Shankar film :)

rajkumarc
31st May 2011, 09:57 AM
Hangover2 - found it kind of boring and not as funny when compared with Part1.

Dinesh84
31st May 2011, 01:32 PM
The Proposal .. old-time romantic comedy where the couple begins to hate each other in the beginning and ends up marrying! clearly predictable movie and less fun to watch.. and add to that Sandra Bullock.. yuck.. :|

Querida
31st May 2011, 06:09 PM
The Proposal .. old-time romantic comedy where the couple begins to hate each other in the beginning and ends up marrying! clearly predictable movie and less fun to watch.. and add to that Sandra Bullock.. yuck.. :|

must have been a gimmick picked up from SA movies...:roll:
not so innocent...after all it continues to influence the whole "playing hard to get"/"no doesn't really mean no"...

rajkumarc
2nd June 2011, 12:02 AM
2001 Space Odyssey - No words are enough to praise the visual spectacle that unfolds in front of you. Have never seen anything like this in any movie that I have seen. The Western Classical Music fits so well to the visuals and to the abstractness of the movie. It's unbelievable that this movie got released in the 60s and it looks so fresh & undated when viewed now. Will have to watch the movie a few more times.

groucho070
2nd June 2011, 07:17 AM
At one point I was going crazy trying to figure out what the heck the monolith is, it's connection with the whole Chariots of God theory. I then gave up and just enjoyed the film. What an accomplishment for 1968. It's great that way after 2001 we still love the movie for what it is rather than, making "haha, they thought we'd be like that in 2001 when we are far more retarded than that" remarks.

groucho070
2nd June 2011, 09:11 AM
Sherlock Jr (1924).

Lots of "how the heck did he do that" moments. Very surreal. Woody Allen's inspiration for Purple Rose movie. Absolutely crazy, less on laugh, more on stunts and illusions.

rajkumarc
3rd June 2011, 03:23 AM
At one point I was going crazy trying to figure out what the heck the monolith is, it's connection with the whole Chariots of God theory. I then gave up and just enjoyed the film. What an accomplishment for 1968. It's great that way after 2001 we still love the movie for what it is rather than, making "haha, they thought we'd be like that in 2001 when we are far more retarded than that" remarks.

:thumbsup: Totally with you on it's all about the experience of watching this movie.

The one thing I love the most about this movie is the letting the visuals tell the story with minimalistic dialogues. However, most of the dialogue based scenes were quite powerful, especially disconnecting HAL.

I watched the making of the movie and was completely stunned that some of the sets were built to scale with engineers rather than art directors to make it as close to the real stuff as possible.

ajithfederer
4th June 2011, 11:37 AM
Terence Malick's Tree of Life has won the Palme D' Or this year. :clap:. Bob de niro was the head of the jury.

Nerd
4th June 2011, 07:27 PM
Hangover 2 - It's funny that the critics are complaining its the same film again. What did they expect? Redemption at Shawshank? Even the trailer admitted its the same film. Anyway this one is not as 'tight' as part 1 but eminently watchable for the laughs. Stu rocks. The re-enactment by the 'kids' scene was brilliant. But be warned because I don't remember the last time I heard this many oohs and aahs in the theater :lol:

Magnolia - Othukkuren. PTA oru periya thillaalangadi dhaan. After multiple failed attempts to watch this, finally watched the film. Brilliant, emotionally draining drama with strong performances. Very very long at 3 hours but you don't feel that at all. Gets you to think and all that.

Dilbert
10th June 2011, 08:22 PM
Super 8 - JJ ,Steve :noteworthy: Brillant Brillant Brillant !! Best Sci-Fi of 2011 by a looooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg stretch
For people who like Sci-fi especially of 60s and 70s , This is your dream come true moment a fresh story with 70s storyline and state of the art special effects
Don't Miss it ..

Sid_316
12th June 2011, 01:33 AM
Winter's Bone - Haunting and Engaging!

Debra Granik and Jennifer Lawrence :thumbsup:

kubrick
12th June 2011, 01:58 AM
Paul: Time pass. Alien on board excitement wears off after sometime which makes the movie lose pace and by the time it gets over we dont care anymore. Nothing much to complain, but I was expecting this one to be good with such a promising premise. **1/2 stars

jinju
12th June 2011, 11:24 AM
Source Code :Clap:

Unknown:(

ajithfederer
13th June 2011, 09:39 AM
Beau Soleil - 12th episode of my signature.

Well and Good. They revealed the killer today. Quite what many didn't expect I would say. Next week's season finale should be completion of formalities. It's been a good ride.

ajithfederer
15th June 2011, 12:33 PM
Lost - Finished watching all seasons. Acting and taking is all good. Season mudinja odane orae ennam ennenna!!! Ellam seri ippo enna solla varingannu thonudhu?. Sema kolappam.Edhayume olunga solli tholaikka maatinguraanuga. Andha ithu pona islandkku evan vandha enna varati enna?. Shabba...

Comparing this to prison break is a Level One offense.

groucho070
15th June 2011, 12:48 PM
Never watched them. Doing the same with NCIS now, Watching Season 1 discs now. Going slow.

ajithfederer
15th June 2011, 01:02 PM
Too many things Grouch bro

Time travel, Alternate timeline, Hell, after life etc etc..Nalla velai aliens mattum dhan kondu varala. Oru season fullaa button-ae press pannuvanuga. I would have appreciated if they just sticked with Real drama and no BS.

VENKIRAJA
16th June 2011, 07:57 PM
Kungfu Panda.
Never appreciated it when it originally released. One dreamworks production that could proudly stand alongside Pixar's works. Bluray - Thou beauty!

littlemaster1982
16th June 2011, 08:11 PM
Kungfu Panda.
Never appreciated it when it originally released. One dreamworks production that could proudly stand alongside Pixar's works. Bluray - Thou beauty!

:notthatway: That should be "How to Train your Dragon" 8-)

VENKIRAJA
17th June 2011, 01:57 AM
:notthatway: That should be "How to Train your Dragon" 8-)
HTTYD had a not-so-strong storyline. KFP had better special effects also. Voices + OST = Easily KFP. With two movies, its a clear winner.

kid-glove
17th June 2011, 03:31 AM
What? Neither seem Pixar-esque in the least.

ajithfederer
18th June 2011, 01:04 AM
Anybody here seen "Tree of life". Anybody planning to. Poi paakalamnu paartha indha oorulaye oru theatrela dhan odudhu.

Anyway here is the trailer for Pitt's next. Money ball based on Oakland Athletics baseball team manager Billy Beane. Co-starring Philip seymour hoffman and Jonah hill. Trailer is promising.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4QPVo0UIzc

Would have been a great year to round off if he had played Morirarty in Holmes -2.