PDA

View Full Version : [[-¤--^THÅLÃ ^--¤-]] Thagaval Mayyam - PART 10

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

ganny_nayagan
29th August 2011, 07:44 PM
i think its better for them not to join hands coz mani sir is no longer giving entertaining movies. his recent releases are the examples.

Arragesh
31st August 2011, 06:01 PM
i think its better for them not to join hands coz mani sir is no longer giving entertaining movies. his recent releases are the examples.

I guess nothing like will happen in future......I'm sure his next may be with A.L.Vijay or P.Vasu(becz of rajni's sibarisu)

sekar_suman
2nd September 2011, 06:39 PM
I guess nothing like will happen in future......I'm sure his next may be with A.L.Vijay or P.Vasu(becz of rajni's sibarisu)

OMG, can't even imagine....

leosimha
2nd September 2011, 07:26 PM
Now...thala is on the right path and back to track....hope billa-2 is also gripping enough....it should be a defining moment.... thala does know what he is doing... that's why he selected VP and see the results of Mankatha..... by the way nice responses to our thala by the fans and tit bits about thala from some of the film industry people...

Dir. Vasanth's comments about Thala... BBB ... Bold Brave and Beautiful... :) Thala Pola Varumaa.... extra-ordinary response for our thala... :)

raghavendran
5th September 2011, 08:21 AM
Ajith's latest pic

http://i53.tinypic.com/2ilzeqw.jpg

Arragesh
6th September 2011, 07:42 AM
After seeing Vasant's comment I feel he is butterifyieng Ajith to do film with him :D

raghavendran
7th September 2011, 09:23 PM
Princess :)

http://i51.tinypic.com/105dytu.jpg

Siv.S
8th September 2011, 07:29 PM
There is a movie called Vennila :shock: never heard about this movie... now the 50th movie confusion over :oops:

http://www.starajith.com/media/2011/mayck29.jpg

Parthyy
8th September 2011, 07:37 PM
muttapasanga ennamo CBI rangele kandupidichuttaangalaam.

Siv.S
9th September 2011, 12:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uLYzswv1CQ

Parthyy
9th September 2011, 01:17 AM
Siv,
antha Erumugam thaana Gemini.

Parthyy
9th September 2011, 01:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uLYzswv1CQ
amul baby pola irukkaar

Siv.S
9th September 2011, 01:41 AM
Siv,
antha Erumugam thaana Gemini.
Erumugam shooting cancel aana udane start panna padam thaan Gemini.... but athu Avm kku panninathu illa..

somu_87
9th September 2011, 02:53 AM
Hi all ,

After a long time am posting in the hub..though am a silent follower of the hub ( almost 3 years) .. I post very rarely... now Mangatha made me to post !!

My Review
------------------

Watched the movie on 30 th August in Boston . As an ardent thala fan, Just loved it ! blown away by thala's mannerisms and performance in the movie. flabbergasted is the word :) . I would rate 4/5 as a thala fan..

As a movie critic
--------------------------
-> The Plot is good but not out of the world. If the screenplay is tight, it would have boosted the whole plot and took the movie to a whole new level. Unwanted songs and comedy sequences in many place hampered the narration.

for example : There is one scene, when Thala, Ashwin and Vaibhav confronts each other while the money was looted by prem and mahat. That particular scene will take off with a good speed increasing the curiosity of the viewer to guess who mite have taken the money and Ajith would have complemented that scene is a superb way.. his way of saying "i am the f***ing king maker da" and threatening both with the gun... All of sudden vaibhav's phone will ring and this scene is abruptly ended and it moves to show Mahat and premji dancing for chennai super kings song in a lame manner. It kind of reduces the whole tempo the previous scene had for us. This is just an example. I found this in lot of places. VP should concentrate on his screenplay.

-> BGM was top notch from Yuvan. After IR, it is YSR in re-recording ! No doubt. Mangatha is just a proof for it. Especially the BGM which comes during the heist scenes. :notworthy:

-> Songs are good but seemed unwanted for this genre. Except Vilayadu Mangatha and Machi open the Bottle, rest all are misplaced.

-> Ashwin need to be mentioned. After Ajith and Arjun, its him who grabbed my attention. Neat acting by him

-> Vaibhav, Anjali, Laks rai, Trisha all did their role . Nothing to rave or nuthing to complain abt their performances as their scope is limited.

-> Mahat and Premji are in the flip side. very bad casting in my opinion. Mahat looks very young and he seemed to be nervous throughout. Artificial ! . Premji ought to change his style.

-> Arjun Sir gave his best. Tailor made role for him. Cakewalk I should say. And the way he delivered the Climax dialogues are awesome. "Swissu konjam risku izla ?!" with a sarcastic smirk oh his face !! chancey izla.. Nice to see him in this role. !

-> Editing could have been better. Not upto the trailer standards. Camerman Shakti sirvanan did wot the film needs. Simple and neat.

-> Now coming back to the "KING MAKER" . He stole the whole movie.. Multi starer multi starrer nu solli.. Thala alleka full movielayum applause vaangitu poitaru. He is the man. Waata a performance.. After a long time. I saw Ajith cracking jokes, smiling, romancing, dancing, even abusing :twisted: .. haha...but he did everything in his own charm . . Best from him after a long time .

On the Whole Mangatha is one mass masala entertainer from Thala ! Its thala and only thala which took the movie to this level. Its like how Vettaiyan elevated "Chandramukhi" !! :cool:

Siv.S
10th September 2011, 12:10 AM
Rajni and Kamal in one

With Mangatha, Ajit has proved again that he is an actor with serious pursuits

‘Thala'( short for thalaiva) Ajit is an enigma. He shuns the spotlight after shooting unlike others who seek it all the time. He seldom gives interviews and you will never find him sharing the podium with all and sundry for innocuous causes or at incongruous awards functions. He calls a spade a spade and at a rare do he attended, Rajni stood up and applauded when Ajit requested political parties not to force stars to attend gatherings that don't involve them. His ascendance to superstardom has been studied and gradual. His earlier films show that he was not keen on the number games but wanted to do a variety of roles. For me “Vaalee” first showcased his talent in a double role. He was riveting in the role of the mute twin who lusts for his sister-in-law. “Mugavaree” was another film in which his performance was poignant. I think it was with ‘Dheena' that he was accepted as an action hero and fans found it fit to form ‘ mandrams'(clubs). There followed a confused phase when Ajit seemed to sign all the wrong films like ‘Red', ‘Citizen' and ‘Jana' just to name a few. It's remarkable that even after a slew of box-office turkeys, fans faith in their ‘Thala' was unshaken. The initial box-office collections of ‘Mangatha' aided by the extra long festive weekend has taken the film industry by storm. That it has sustained after the holidays shows that the film will be one of the biggest grosser ever.

Ajit rocks in the film and is solely responsible for its success which also happens to be his fiftieth. He's the hero but plays a suspended cop who's after a huge cache of betting money which is in the safe keep of a local don. Ajit has to be lauded for playing the role with a panache unseen on the Indian screen especially for a hero. Even Kamal has not dared to sport grey hair when not portraying multiple roles. The George Clooney look suits him and none of his fans have protested. Ajit drinks, smokes, cheats on his girlfriend and even dumps her in his pursuit of pelf.

In fact, Arjun Sarja is the hero because he plays the good cop. Well, the credit for the film's success goes entirely to Ajit simply because the film is mediocre. Director Venkat Prabhu has been busy watching DVDs involving heist and betrayal. He fills the screen with his cronies who are regulars in all his films. Ajit's overpowering presence simply dwarfs all the other characters in the film.

In fact a much better film along similar lines is the recently released ‘Aranya Kandam' which flopped but is now being hailed as a classic. Ironically Ajit was so impressed with the film that he's supposed to have met the director Thiagarajan a few times. Let's hope something exciting emerges.

Never one to shy away from unconventional roles Ajit is emerging to be the enviable amalgam of Rajni and Kamal which is the dream of every Tamil star.
http://www.thehindu.com/arts/cinema/article2439128.ece

Siv.S
10th September 2011, 12:12 AM
How i wish Ajith in place of sampath,not that sampath didnt do well... but the movie would have been hit ....

steveaustin
12th September 2011, 06:53 PM
Thala and Young Superstar with ‘Mankatha’ director

Yes guys, get ready for yet another big treat from ‘Mankatha’ team. With the film gaining incredible reviews and big collections in box office, Thala Ajith Kumar is busy now shooting for his next film ‘Billa-2’. Yesterday, a news was published in Deccan Chronicle that Ajith Kumar and Venkat Prabhu are coming together for a film to be produced by A.M. Rathnam of Sri Surya Movies.

Well, now we are breaking some fantastic news for you. Yes, this is again a multi-hero project that will be bringing Thala and Young Superstar Silambarasan together. Initial talks are going on to rope Simbu on to the project. Reliance Big Entertainment will be the main producer and they’re planning to make the film in a big budget while A.M. Rathnam will be the line producer.

The shooting will commence soon after the completion of Billa-2.

http://www.ajithfans.com/news/2011/09/12/thala-and-young-superstar-with-mankatha-director/

Parthyy
13th September 2011, 08:14 AM
‘I’M NOT POLITICALLY AMBITIOUS’

...says actor Ajith, as he gets talking about his latest hit, the audience reaction and his future plans

Lata Srinivasan

His 50th film Mankatha has had an opening like none other this year. Whether it’s the salt-and-pepper look or playing the suited baddie, Ajith has carried it off with élan. Here, he opens up about the film, politics and more…
Did you expect the film to do as well as it has? When I first heard the synopsis of Mankatha, it was a one liner. Post Vaalee, I hadn’t done a character with negative shade and I asked Venkat if he had any scripts. The moment I mentioned it, there was pin-drop silence at the other end of the line. He told me a line and I said it sounds interesting and I don’t mind doing it. I knew the film would do well but I didn’t expect this kind of a success; not even in my wildest dreams.

Do you think it’s because it’s your 50th film?
It’s got to do with a lot of factors. Venkat Prabhu is in tune with the youngsters of today. For instance, his dialogues are something the youth can relate to. Plus, it’s my 50th film. The star cast of the film — Arjun, Trisha, Lakshmi Rai, Anjali and the boys — was also a factor. The day of release was important — very rarely do you have five days in a row of holidays. Another reason why it worked was it was all about money; people could relate to this as money is so important today.

Casting Arjun…
I personally called him and asked him if he’d like to play this role. He said that he definitely wants to be a part of it, especially because it was my 50th film. When I was watching the film, I wasn’t even worried about what the public would think. I was more worried what Mr Arjun would think! Venkat and I were conscious that we never let him down.

Have you seen the movie with the audience?
No, I haven’t. The last film that I saw in a theatre was Ullasam in 1997. I have never been to a theatre after that. I am scared — scared because if it doesn’t do well, it will be hard to take. I am also scared that if it does really well, it would go to my head. I don’t want either of those reactions. In fact, Mankatha is the first movie that my daughter Anoushka has seen on-screen!

Are you happy with the saltand-pepper look? Women loved it…
Thank you (smiles). May be after Billa 2, I will retain my salt-and-pepper look for all my films. I will start choosing scripts that suit my age post that. There are rumours of you signing a movie with Vishuvardhan, Vijay and Vikram Kumar...
We have a lot of great directors, but I don’t know who will be available post Billa 2. Vishnu is one director I look forward to working with again. I’d like to work with Venkat Prabhu again, but I don’t want him to feel obligated to cast me. Hopefully, in the next few weeks, there’ll be an announcement.

You recently disbanded your fan clubs. Any regrets?
This has nothing to do with the industry or the culture. This is something that I wanted to do, especially with the nexus between politics and the industry being so strong. I am aware that fans of mine come from different walks of life. And I want my fans to do well, but they need to understand that there is life beyond movies. This is entertainment, don’t take it too seriously. As an individual, you have every right to express your political preference. As fans, be united and come and watch my film. I received a lot of support when I took this decision. I’m very grateful to my fans that they accepted my decision and understood why I did it. With social networking, you are free to express yourself and I will take it as constructive criticism. You don’t need an organization to be a fan. If you love me, say a prayer for me.

Politics and entertainment are intertwined…
I’m not politically ambitious or politically motivated. I believe there are two kinds of people — those who want to get directly involved and those who ask ‘what can I do as an individual?’ I belong to the latter category. I work hard, pay my taxes, do charity within my capabilities and exercise my vote. If every individual fulfills his obligations or commitments, I think the world will be a better place.

Mahen
13th September 2011, 08:39 AM
Why thala is doing this ?:(

ajithfederer
13th September 2011, 08:45 AM
Well, what do you want him to do?

Mahen
13th September 2011, 09:42 AM
just say he gets a film like Varanam Ayiram(VA is not a great film... im just giving an example), will he not do the film?

Parthyy
13th September 2011, 10:28 AM
just inject venom into his character I say......romba nallavarpa
Thala mudiva maathungoooooo

sakthii
13th September 2011, 10:37 AM

doing what Mahen?

Siv.S
13th September 2011, 10:47 AM
Are you happy with the saltand-pepper look? Women loved it…
Thank you (smiles). May be after Billa 2, I will retain my salt-and-pepper look for all my films. I will start choosing scripts that suit my age post that
hmmmmm :neutral:

ajaybaskar
13th September 2011, 10:51 AM
Enna ivaru ippadi ayittaru? I still remember the old interviews that Ajith had given and this is a drastic change (a welcome change, in fact). :-)

Mahen
13th September 2011, 10:55 AM
doing what Mahen?
See Siv's post :) and he should stay away from VV and VP for now..Vetrimaran/Ameer/GM/MAni/Myskin kuda friends ayirunga thala :)

Parthyy
13th September 2011, 11:09 AM
Ajay,
GVM koda padam panna chance irukkaa not immediately.Heard again some talks going from closer sources

ajaybaskar
13th September 2011, 11:18 AM
No idea Parthy.. With GVM, nothing is concrete.. In Le Meridian, he'l have talks with Ajith. In Sheraton, he'l talk with Vijay and then start a movie with Mirchi Siva. Left indicator pottutu, rightla kai kaattitu straight'ah poiduvaaru..

sakthii
13th September 2011, 01:48 PM
See Siv's post :) and he should stay away from VV and VP for now..Vetrimaran/Ameer/GM/MAni/Myskin kuda friends ayirunga thala :)
ok.. yen Murugadoss, Shankar ellam vittutinga..
Aama..Vaali director enna aanar.?!

sakthii
13th September 2011, 01:50 PM
No idea Parthy.. With GVM, nothing is concrete.. In Le Meridian, he'l have talks with Ajith. In Sheraton, he'l talk with Vijay and then start a movie with Mirchi Siva. Left indicator pottutu, rightla kai kaattitu straight'ah poiduvaaru..

lol... nadula 'U' turn pottu surya kooda kummi adika poiduvaaru ! GVM vendam pa.. somehow i am not having good impression with that guy..

KSR is best for mass masala entertainer..

Parthyy
13th September 2011, 02:25 PM
lol... nadula 'U' turn pottu surya kooda kummi adika poiduvaaru ! GVM vendam pa.. somehow i am not having good impression with that guy..

KSR is best for mass masala entertainer..

no i say
KSR ellaam expiredngga

Thalakku GVM thaanga best:-D muziq,stlye,romance ellaam superaa irukkum

ajaybaskar
13th September 2011, 02:39 PM
Yes.. KSR was never a gr8 director in my list. Avarai yaen ipdi thookki vaikkuraangannu theriyala!!

Parthyy
13th September 2011, 02:46 PM
Probably his hit rate.commercially successfull

raghavendran
13th September 2011, 02:52 PM
Thalakku GVM thaanga best:-D muziq,stlye,romance ellaam superaa irukkumadhellam ok..Thalaiku othu varanum..illena wasteudhan avaru

raghavendran
13th September 2011, 02:53 PM
Yes.. KSR was never a gr8 director in my list. Avarai yaen ipdi thookki vaikkuraangannu theriyala!!

2 huge hits and FF awards for Ajith..thats y

raghavendran
13th September 2011, 02:54 PM
http://i51.tinypic.com/2dm54j.jpg

Parthyy
13th September 2011, 03:07 PM
adhellam ok..Thalaiku othu varanum..illena wasteudhan avaru

eppadi solli manasa thethikka vendiydthu thaan
each when i watch gazni kaaka kaaka gvm films cant stop imaging ajith doing such roles.such a deadly miss

Siv.S
13th September 2011, 04:03 PM
Rumour mills had it that the 'Mankatha' director will pair again with thala Ajith and come up with a multi-starrer featuring him and Silambarasan! It was also expressed that a big banner will be producing this film featuring the duo. It may be mentioned in here that Simbu is a die-hard Ajith fan.

When IG contacted Venkat Prabhu he rubbished these as mere rumours and expressed that he hasn't thought of any such script or casting.

As 'Mankatha' is basking on its success, Venkat Prabhu will be throwing a party to his assistant directors and other members of the crew, thanking them for helping his venture in tasting double success at the BO, in both Tamil and Telugu.
:ty: http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/70939.html :ty:

Siv.S
13th September 2011, 04:08 PM
Buoyed by the response to his salt and pepper hairdo in 'Mankatha', Ajith has decided to retain it in all his films, post 'Billa 2'. Also, the actor is planning to be a part of scripts which would provide him characters that suit his age.

"I came to know that many loved my salt and pepper look in Mankatha. May be after Billa 2, I will retain it," says Ajith, adding that never had he imagined that his 50th film would taste such a success in the box-office.

"It may be due to various factors. Venkat Prabhu knows well the pulse of today's youngsters and he knows what they would like to watch on screen. I loved working with him for the film," says the Thala.

On reports that he would do a sequel to 'Mankatha' with the same team, Ajith says, "I have not yet decided on what would be my next after Billa 2. May be an announcement will be made in the next couple of weeks."
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/70913.html

raghavendran
13th September 2011, 05:06 PM
eppadi solli manasa thethikka vendiydthu thaan
each when i watch gazni kaaka kaaka gvm films cant stop imaging ajith doing such roles.such a deadly miss
adhellam onniyum illa,andha thimiru pudichara oda nadikama irukardhe nalladhu......Ajith solra madhiridhan..if he cant get along well with him..how can he act?..avaroda miss agidhan Mankaatha pannaru...pathingala earth shattering openingam..

pls ask fellow Thala fans not to whine like this,getting sick of it..edho gvma vittutu powerstar oda lathikala nadicha madhiri effect kudukiringa..:evil:

Parthyy
13th September 2011, 05:20 PM
raghavaa,
apdi ellaam illa gvm headweight thaan nallavan ellaam sollala.
nalla combo mis aagidichu.namallum gvm a kandukkala.
ippavum solraen gvm is desperate to work wit thala.interest illaamala coming seeing fdfs manga in sathyam.interest illaamala coming seeing fdfs manga in sathyam.

Sarna
13th September 2011, 05:33 PM
avaroda miss agidhan Mankaatha pannaru...pathingala earth shattering openingam..
Saran replaced GVM and we got ASAL :neutral:

but GVM is good in extracting the best from heroes... we have to still see the best from our Thala.... SJS or GVM or Bala(sorry fellow fans) can bring the best from our Thala :)

sakthii
13th September 2011, 05:41 PM
adhellam onniyum illa,andha thimiru pudichara oda nadikama irukardhe nalladhu......Ajith solra madhiridhan..if he cant get along well with him..how can he act?..avaroda miss agidhan Mankaatha pannaru...pathingala earth shattering openingam..

pls ask fellow Thala fans not to whine like this,getting sick of it..edho gvma vittutu powerstar oda lathikala nadicha madhiri effect kudukiringa..:evil:

yes.. all directors should accommodate thala.. oru nalla nadikanuku, manusan kooda frienda move panrathula enna thappu irukku.. The present generation directors ellarukum konjam overa thenavettu irukku... they are creators.. irukka vendiyathu thaan. aana romba overa irukku! copy adichu padam edukailiye intha mathiri na..

sakthii
13th September 2011, 05:52 PM
Saran replaced GVM and we got ASAL :neutral:

but GVM is good in extracting the best from heroes... we have to still see the best from our Thala.... SJS or GVM or Bala(sorry fellow fans) can bring the best from our Thala :)

sorry ellam ethuku Sarna.. summa jollya discuss panrom... namma enna thaan muttikittalam... Thala vera yar koodavo sernthu padam aarambichiduvaaru.. think we should start believe in thala.. to be frank.. Thala has genuinely trying different genre of films in his career... wish he choose the best that comes on his way..

Parthyy
13th September 2011, 05:58 PM
neenga solrathu vaastavum naama nenacha maari nadakaathu last minute shock/surprisd wil co me

Siv.S
13th September 2011, 07:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf31BM3plYE&feature=player_embedded#at=172

Siv.S
13th September 2011, 07:17 PM
There will be an announcement in another 2-3 weeks... guess who it will be ? GVM is busy with ,NEPV,PK,Y-AO ... ARM-Vijay,A.L.Vjay-vikram... Vetrimaran movie,still the cast is not finalised,but Thala is not doing a movie with Cloud 9.. KSR wil be busy for another 2 years.. Myskin.Ameer allarum sema busy thaan... so it will be VV or VP or some new directors :noteeth:

KV
13th September 2011, 07:19 PM
Just curious, what's Ameer been upto? No release since Paruthiveeran, right?

Siv.S
13th September 2011, 07:21 PM
Just curious, what's Ameer been upto? No release since Paruthiveeran, right?

//a movie with Jeyam ravi,Aadhi bhagavan i guess //

sakthii
13th September 2011, 07:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf31BM3plYE&feature=player_embedded#at=172

yaravathu Aero modeling Panravanga bangalore la irukingala... i am interested!
went to a workshop once and doesnt know where to start..

Siv.S
13th September 2011, 07:29 PM
http://cinema.vikatan.com/index.php?option=com_apoll&view=apoll&id=28:2011-09-12-09-02-43 ...
http://cinema.vikatan.com/index.php?option=com_apoll&view=apoll&id=25:2011-08-03-11-22-28
look at the dif. must be Mankatha fever...

Parthyy
13th September 2011, 07:31 PM
There will be an announcement in another 2-3 weeks... guess who it will be ? GVM is busy with ,NEPV,PK,Y-AO ... ARM-Vijay,A.L.Vjay-vikram... Vetrimaran movie,still the cast is not finalised,but Thala is not doing a movie with Cloud 9.. KSR wil be busy for another 2 years.. Myskin.Ameer allarum sema busy thaan... so it will be VV or VP or some new directors :noteeth:

shankar almost completed nanban

Siv.S
13th September 2011, 07:35 PM
shankar almost completed nanban
Super ithai naan yosikkave illai :D , Selvaraghavan and all yungs r busy... Shankar + Ajith + ARR :yes:

raghavendran
13th September 2011, 08:19 PM
raghavaa,
apdi ellaam illa gvm headweight thaan nallavan ellaam sollala.avaroda set agala..
nalla combo mis aagidichu.aalu epdi irundhalum seri..palla kadichitu work pannirlam..andha levelukku namma poga vendiya avasiyam illa...ippo enna panchatulaya irukkom..yen feel panringa?
namallum gvm a kandukkala.neenga mattum edhuku kandukiringa?:razz:

ippavum solraen gvm is desperate to work wit thala.interest illaamala coming seeing fdfs manga in sathyam.interest illaamala coming seeing fdfs manga in sathyam.
adhu vaiterichalnga..nammala vittutu padam panirkare..epdi irukkunu pakka vandhirukaru...padam mattum odama poyirndha..attam potturparu..interview adhu idhunu....

Parthyy
13th September 2011, 08:39 PM
atha vidunga raghav having said that thala is box office bonanza no need to prove anything
enakku thala padam each and every film i want best.
wait and see that combo wil happen oneday gvm wil feel for that yaar thala outburst in some meet

Mahen
13th September 2011, 08:40 PM
Super ithai naan yosikkave illai :D , Selvaraghavan and all yungs r busy... Shankar + Ajith + ARR :yes:
romba yosikavenam..quite obvious its gona be his jalras VV/VP

Parthyy
14th September 2011, 07:14 AM
http://i52.tinypic.com/2m6ah3a.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/jkknbp.jpg

Siv.S
14th September 2011, 10:55 AM
http://www.starajith.com/media/2011/sep14kum2.jpg

http://www.starajith.com/media/2011/sep14kum3.jpg

http://www.starajith.com/media/2011/sep14kum4.jpg

http://www.starajith.com/media/2011/sep14kum5.jpg

Siv.S
14th September 2011, 10:56 AM
http://www.starajith.com/media/2011/sep14kum6.jpg

Sarna
14th September 2011, 11:16 AM
"life starts after 40 vinayak" says chettiyaar to Thala..... really this is the best start after 40 for thala :bow: :bow:

raghavendran
15th September 2011, 08:09 AM
good interview..that dronachariyar example with Rajini..:clap:..

gurusaravanan
16th September 2011, 08:07 PM
Ajith Kumar's First film "Prema Pustagam" (Telugu)
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/292829_252964798076199_239703946068951_688707_2217 8788_n.jpg

BM
17th September 2011, 12:22 PM
அஜீத் கால்ஷீட் ஏஎம் ரத்னத்துக்கு உண்டு... வெங்கட் பிரபுவுக்கு இல்லை!

அஜீத் தன் அடுத்த படத்தைத் தயாரிக்கும் வாய்ப்பை பிரபல தயாரிப்பாளர் ஏ எம் ரத்னத்துக்கு வழங்கியுள்ளார். ஆனால், அந்தப் படத்தை இயக்கும் வாய்ப்பு வெங்கட்பிரபுவுக்கு இல்லை என்பது உறுதியாகியுள்ளது.

அஜீத்தின் மங்காத்தா படம் வெளியான போதே, அடுத்த படம் யாருக்கு என்ற கேள்வி எழுந்தது. இதில் ரொம்ப நாளாக தன்னிடம் கால்ஷீட் கேட்டு வந்த ஏ எம் ரத்னத்துக்கு முன்னுரிமை அளித்தார் அஜீத்.

இதைத் தொடர்ந்து அந்தப்படத்தை வெங்கட் பிரபு இயக்குவார் என்றும், அஜீத்துடன் சிம்புவும் இணைவார் என்றும் தகவல் வெளியானது.

ஆனால் இப்போது, படத்தை இயக்கும் வாய்ப்பு வெங்கட் பிரபுவுக்கு இல்லை என்பது தெளிவாகிவிட்டது.

இதைத் தொடர்ந்து, இந்தப் படம் விஷ்ணுவர்தனுக்கா அல்லது இயக்குநர் விஜய்க்கா என்ற கேள்வி எழுந்துள்ளது.

எப்படியும் வரும் வாரத்தில் இதை தெளிவாக்கிவிடுவார் 'தல' என்கிறது தயாரிப்பாளர் தரப்பு!

http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2011/09/ajith-confirms-am-rathnam-not-venkat-prabhu-aid0136.html

Vishnu Vardhan :yes:. Venkat Prabhu'ku 53 or 54 kudukkalaam.

ajaybaskar
17th September 2011, 12:27 PM
Guru,

That movie is not 'Premapusthagam' I believe. This movie had Suresh (Nadhiya slap fame) as the hero.

Plum
17th September 2011, 01:08 PM
Suresh-nadhiya-slap enna vevagaaram Ajay. Ninga oru posthavam pottu viththaa pala kodi therum polirukke...

ajaybaskar
17th September 2011, 01:37 PM
Nadhiya slapping Suresh for his 'advances' were a toast of tamil magazines then, Plum. Actually, Idha pathi neengathaan thagavalgal tharanum.. :-)

raghavendran
19th September 2011, 08:16 AM
Ajith's Next With Rathnam :: Sep 19 TOI
The veteran producer and the actor have buried their differences and the former will be producing the star’s next.

In the film industry, friends turning foes or vice versa is a frequent phenomenon. Some time back, the rift between Ajith and veteran producer A M Rathnam over their respective stand over an industry-related issue was the talk of town. It’s no news that Rathnam, who was to do a film with Ajith before the rift and had paid him an advance, demanded the actor return the money. It looked like the two would never work together after that.

But now, the table seems to have turned and the buzz is that Rathnam has offered a whopping 15 crore to Ajith for his next film post Billa 2. While the deal is yet to be inked, a hesitant Rathnam tells CT, “Yes, I will be doing a film with Ajith. I’m in talks and it’s too early to confirm now. The details of the project can be revealed only later.”

A source close to the actor concurs, “Ajith’s next project is being produced by A M Rathnam and right now, it looks like Vishnuvardhan will be directing the venture. But, of course, we will get a clear picture only after a while. As of now, Ajith is concentrating on Billa 2 and is working hard on his character. But the project with Rathnam will go on floors only by December, after Ajith finishes Billa 2.”

Interestingly, Ajith, who worked with Vishnu in Billa, was supposed to work with him on Billa 2 as well. But, due to an earlier commitment, the director had to walk out of the prequel, which is now being directed by Chakri Toleti (of Unnaipol Oruvan fame). However, Ajith had always maintained that Vishnu is one of his favourite directors and he would definitely work with him in the future.
http://www.starajith.com/2757-ajiths-next-with-am-rathnam-surya-movies-vishnuvardhan

raghavendran
19th September 2011, 08:21 AM
http://i51.tinypic.com/e0mmwm.jpg

Siv.S
19th September 2011, 10:42 AM
Sema Still .. mini-nnalunm nachnnu oru interview... movie in 8 months :thumbsup: .. 15 cr :shaking: Ratnam Ajith-aa nambi come back aakattum.....

Parthyy
19th September 2011, 10:55 AM
appo nxt yr 2 releas

leosimha
19th September 2011, 11:39 PM
அசர வைக்கும் அஜித்தின் அடுத்த டீல்! (Ajith's next with A.M. Rathnam but not with Venkat Prabhu)

Ajith's next with A.M. Rathnam but not with Venkat Prabhu

அஜித் நடிக்கப் போகும் அடுத்த படம் யாருக்கு? இந்த கேள்விதான் கோடம்பாக்கத்தை குடைந்து கொண்டிருக்கிறது. இதுவரை இல்லாதளவுக்கு 'மங்காத்தா' படத்தின் வசூல் அமைந்துவிட்டதால், அஜித்தை கொத்திக் கொண்டு போக ஆளாளுக்கு வெறி. இடையில் யார் யாரையோ மனதில் யோசித்து வைத்திருந்த அஜித், அடுத்ததாக விஷ்ணுவர்தன் இயக்கத்தில் ஒரு படத்திலும் அதற்கு அடுத்ததாக வெங்கட்பிரபு இயக்கத்தில் நடிப்பதாகவும் இருந்தாராம். இந்த நேரத்தில்தான் குறுக்கே வந்தது சோனாவின் பிரச்சினை. சோனாவிடமிருந்து 75 லட்ச ரூபாய் முன் பணம் வாங்கியிருக்கிறார் வெங்கட்பிரபு. 'மங்காத்தா' படத்திற்கு பிறகு சோனாவின் படத்தைதான் இயக்க வேண்டும் இவர். அஜித்-வெங்கட்பிரபு காம்பினேஷனில் படம் தயாரித்தால் அதன் மார்க்கெட் வேல்யூ என்னவென்று தெரியாதவரல்ல சோனா. கையில் பணமே இல்லை என்றாலும், இருவரது கால்ஷீட் ஒப்பந்தத்தை காட்டினால் கோடிகளை கொட்டுறோம் என்று சொல்வதற்கு ஏராளமான பைனான்சியர்கள் இருப்பதும் அவருக்கு தெரியும். இந்த நேரத்தில் வெங்கட்பிரவுக்கு கால்ஷீட் கொடுத்தால் அது சோனா தயாரிக்கும் படமாக அமையும் என்பது அஜித்திற்கு தெரியாதா என்ன? அதனால்தான் உடனடியாக ஏ.எம்.ரத்னத்திற்கு கால்ஷீட் கொடுத்தாராம். இந்த படத்தை இயக்கப் போவது வெங்கட்பிரபு அல்ல என்பதுதான் இப்போதைக்கு தெரியவருகிற உண்மை.

அதுமட்டுமல்ல.. சுமார் பதினைந்து கோடி ஒரே பேமென்ட்டாக கை மாறியிருப்பதாக கிசுகிசுக்கிறது கோடம்பாக்கம். யார்... யாருக்கு கொடுத்திருக்கிறார்? ஏ.எம்.ரத்னம் அஜித்துக்கு கொடுத்திருக்கிறாராம். ஆனால் பணம் கைமாறவில்லை. வெறும் வார்த்தையளவில்தான் இருக்கிறது இந்த டீலிங் என்றும் தகவல் வருகிறது. ஆனால் இப்படி ஒரு நல்ல காரியத்தை செய்து இண்டஸ்ட்ரியில் மேலும் மேலும் உயர்ந்து நிற்கிறார் அஜித். ஏன் அப்படி? பல வருடங்களுக்கு முன் நடந்த பெப்ஸி - தயாரிப்பாளர்கள் பிரச்சினையில் அஜித், பெப்ஸி தொழிலாளர்களுக்கு ஆதரவாக நின்றார். ஆனால் ஏ.எம்.ரத்னம் தயாரிப்பாளர்கள் பக்கம். இந்த நேரத்தில் ரத்னம், அஜித்தை வைத்து படம் எடுப்பதாக இருந்தது. பெரும் தொகை ஒன்றை அட்வான்சாகவும் கொடுத்திருந்தார். அஜித் எதிரணிக்கு ஆதரவாக நின்றதில் கடுப்பான ரத்னம், நாளை விடிவதற்குள் ரூபாயை எண்ணி டேபிளில் வைத்தாலே போச்சு. இல்லையென்றால் நடப்பதே வேறு என்று கூறிவிட்டார். ரோஷம் பொங்கி வந்தது அஜித்திற்கு. நடிகர்கள் யாருமே வாங்குகிற பணத்தை பெட்டியில் வைத்து பூட்டுவதில்லை. அது உடனே முதலீடாகிவிடும். விடிவதற்குள் பணம் புரட்டலாம் என்றால், அன்றைய தேதியில் அவர் இவ்வளவு பெரிய ஸ்டாரும் இல்லை. எப்படியோ விடிய விடிய அலைந்து போராடி பணத்தை புரட்டிய அஜித், அதை திருப்பி கொடுத்துவிட்டு தன் கொள்கையில் உறுதியாக நின்றார். அதன்பின் அஜித்தின் உயரம் இண்டஸ்ட்ரியே அண்ணாந்து பார்க்கிற அளவுக்கு உயர்ந்தது. யாருக்கு வேண்டுமானால் கால்ஷீட் தருவேன். ஆனால் ஏ.எம்.ரத்னம் கம்பெனிக்கு மட்டும் கிடையவே கிடையாது என்றார் அஜித். அவரை நம்பி நான் இல்லை என்றார் ரத்னம். ஆனால் காலம் உருட்டிய உருட்டலில் கருங்கற்கள்கூட புழுதியாக மாறுவதை பார்த்துக் கொண்டுதானே இருக்கிறோம். விஜய்யோ, அஜித்தோ கைகொடுத்தால்தான் பழையபடி நிமிர முடியும் என்ற நிலையில் இருக்கிறார் ஏ.எம்.ரத்னம். இந்த நேரத்தில்தான் தானே அழைத்து இந்த வாய்ப்பை கொடுத்தாராம் அஜித். இதைத் தொடர்ந்து வெங்கட் பிரபு இயக்கத்தில் அஜித்துடன் சிம்புவும் இணைவார் என்று அடிபட்ட செய்திகள் தவிடு பொடியானது. இந்தப் படம் விஷ்ணுவர்தனுக்கா அல்லது இயக்குநர் விஜய்க்கா என்ற கேள்வி எழுந்துள்ளது. எப்படியும் வரும் வாரத்தில் இதை தெளிவாக்கிவிடுவார் 'தல' என்கிறது தயாரிப்பாளர் தரப்பு! 'ஜி'யோட கிரீடம் யாருக்கோ...?! கெடச்சா 'வரலாறு'தான்!

Link - http://www.koodal.com/tamil/movies/hotnews/7833/ajith-s-next-with-a-m-rathnam-but-not-with-venkat-prabhu

ajithfederer
20th September 2011, 12:50 AM
A.M Rathnam eh?. No amount of losses coupled with some amount of fate can teach Ajith on how to choose a project.

steveaustin
20th September 2011, 05:09 PM
Ajith- The most wanted actor in K'wood

Ajith is currently the hottest star in Kollywood, following the stupendous success of Mankatha. The film recovered its cost of production in two weeks, making it the fastest film in recent times to turn profitable.

It has made Ajith’s next release the Chakri Toleti directed Billa 2, the hottest film among forthcoming releases. Billa 2 is a prequel to the 2007 film Billa and would focus on how David, an ordinary man from the coastal regions of South Tamil Nadu, becomes Billa, a dreaded underworld don, with Ajith playing a character with shades of grey.

The film, is being produced by Wide Angle Creations for Hinduja Group company IN Entertainment. The first schedule of the film has been over in Hyderabad, and the second schedule is starting in Goa by the end of the month. After that in December the unit will be in Russia for the third schedule. Billa 2 is scheduled to release on April 14, 2012 Tamil New Year day.

Meanwhile a Mumbai based corporate has offered Rs 40 Crore , while a Malaysia businessman is willing to pay Rs 45 Crore for all rights. The buzz is that Sunir Khetrapal of In Entertainment is now demanding Rs 50 Crore, for a film which was being touted around Rs 32 Crore before Mankatha release!

It clearly shows Ajith power at the box-office. No wonder the star is asking for a whopping Rs 17 Crore as salary for his next film which will be produced by AM Ratnam.

http://www.sify.com/movies/ajith-the-most-wanted-actor-in-k-wood-news-tamil-ljuqx9abgig.html

ajaybaskar
20th September 2011, 05:11 PM
Rumour- Ajith likely 2 do the Tamil remake of Mahesh Babu's Dookudu, which will be directed by remake raja M. Raja 4 producer AM Ratnam. - Sridhar Pillai's latest tweet.

steveaustin
20th September 2011, 05:15 PM
ajith AaNiyE pudungka vENAm....

Parthyy
20th September 2011, 05:22 PM
remake rajava....
thirumbavum muthallerntha....

ajaybaskar
20th September 2011, 05:25 PM
hehe.. Now happy.. Very happy.. :happydance:

sakthii
20th September 2011, 05:26 PM
steve :))
remake raja nne pervachutaangala... Ajith now got big audience in Telugu 'cos of Mankatha... wish he do unique films and take every film to next level... intha remake raja.. innum sila per will try to suppress (depress .. !!) ajith popularity.. Ajith should be careful now..

raghavendran
20th September 2011, 05:28 PM
rumouro rumour..adichi vidradhu...:lol:... its gonna be VV i guess..

sakthii
20th September 2011, 05:30 PM
VV illana vera yar irukaanga?

raghavendran
20th September 2011, 05:33 PM
Ajith is currently the hottest star in Kollywood, following the stupendous success of Mankatha. The film recovered its cost of production in two weeks, making it the fastest film in recent times to turn profitable.

It has made Ajith’s next release the Chakri Toleti directed Billa 2, the hottest film among forthcoming releases. Billa 2 is a prequel to the 2007 film Billa and would focus on how David, an ordinary man from the coastal regions of South Tamil Nadu, becomes Billa, a dreaded underworld don, with Ajith playing a character with shades of grey.

The film, is being produced by Wide Angle Creations for Hinduja Group company IN Entertainment. The first schedule of the film has been over in Hyderabad, and the second schedule is starting in Goa by the end of the month. After that in December the unit will be in Russia for the third schedule. Billa 2 is scheduled to release on April 14, 2012 Tamil New Year day.

Meanwhile a Mumbai based corporate has offered Rs 40 Crore , while a Malaysia businessman is willing to pay Rs 45 Crore for all rights. The buzz is that Sunir Khetrapal of In Entertainment is now demanding Rs 50 Crore, for a film which was being touted around Rs 32 Crore before Mankatha release!

It clearly shows Ajith power at the box-office. No wonder the star is asking for a whopping Rs 17 Crore as salary for his next film which will be produced by AM Ratnam.
http://www.sify.com/movies/ajith-the-most-wanted-actor-in-k-wood-news-tamil-ljuqx9abgig.html

Siv.S
20th September 2011, 05:35 PM
Release aakatha padatha remake-aa... ithai namma aalu panrathe kidayathu.. :roll: AM ratnam prdn-nna remake raja possibilities r there :shaking:

raghavendran
20th September 2011, 05:40 PM
dookudu trailer kappithanama irukku...apdiye pokiri..mahesh doesnt know anything else..Thala wont chose a film which has not yet released...and who raja va?..vaippe illa..avanlam oru director..thillaalangadi :banghead:

ajaybaskar
20th September 2011, 05:44 PM
There was a rumour that Vijay reco'ed J Raja to Ajith when they met during the shoot of Mankatha. Yaan petra inbam? :lol2:

Parthyy
20th September 2011, 05:47 PM
poora pookka paartha nadnthidum nu thonnuthu......................
raja stuff illaatha party ellaamae copy thaan.
pray for dookadu to be really good or very bad to get flopped..rendu naalla therinjudum

raghavendran
20th September 2011, 05:51 PM
mahesh padatha remake seyya namma oorla vera hero irukare :huh:...Ajith usually remakes seyamataru...its too far ahead..Billa 2 mudikattum aparam varattum..parpom

ajaybaskar
20th September 2011, 05:53 PM
mahesh padatha remake seyya namma oorla vera hero irukare :huh:...Ajith usually remakes seyamataru...its too far ahead..Billa 2 mudikattum aparam varattum..parpom

Dont u think that was needless?

Balaji.r
20th September 2011, 05:55 PM
Billa remake thaane , thodarum and aegan(copy) ellam remake thane.

More than rasa you guys need to worry how seenu vytla has delivered :rotfl:

Siv.S
20th September 2011, 05:55 PM
BIlla-2 mudikka time aakum.. adutha movie ippave sign panniduvaru.. get ready for remake raja :lol2:

raghavendran
20th September 2011, 05:57 PM
Ajay
u feel that was an attack...biggest hits of Vijay i guess,..anyways..dont want this place to be spoiled...cut it out

ajaybaskar
20th September 2011, 05:57 PM
Raghav,

Not to initiate a fight. How do u say that Ajith usually doesnt do remakes? He did 3 consecutive remakes in the recent past. Kireedom, Billa and Aegan.

raghavendran
20th September 2011, 05:59 PM
i said usually....remakes percentage is far too low..if u r in for a comparison that is..and telugu remakes..i dont think he has done any..

Siv.S
20th September 2011, 06:00 PM
Billa remake thaane , thodarum and aegan(copy) ellam remake thane.

More than rasa you guys need to worry how seenu vytla has delivered :rotfl:
Billa remake is different level :) Kreedom too....Thodarum remake aa :huh: Avalvaruvala,Aegan mattum than enakku therinchu remake movies in Ajith career...

ajaybaskar
20th September 2011, 06:00 PM
Adikkuradhu copy.. Adha pakkathu paiyan paper paathu adichaa enna? bit adichaa enna?

raghavendran
20th September 2011, 06:02 PM
engenga copy?..list pota..comedya mudiyum...2-3 films in a career of 50 films vs..vena Ajay surely neenga weaker side on this topic.:lol:

Balaji.r
20th September 2011, 06:07 PM
Billa remake is different level :) Kreedom too....Thodarum remake aa :huh: Avalvaruvala,Aegan mattum than enakku therinchu remake movies in Ajith career...
hey siva, ella unnaru. remake is not wrong. remake pantrathu ellam illa etc . thodarum is a telugu remake, saw it in one of the interview.

ajaybaskar
20th September 2011, 06:09 PM
Siva,

Paramasivan was an unofficial remake of Kartoos (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kartoos). Aasal was an unofficial remake too.

//Just got tempted after that post of Raghav. Dont take me wrong. Signing off//:-)

Balaji.r
20th September 2011, 06:11 PM
Siva,

Paramasivan was an unofficial remake of Kartoos (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kartoos). Aasal was an unofficial remake too.

//Just got tempted after that post of Raghav. Dont take me wrong. Signing off//:-)

A bronx tale - ullasam

just for information

Siv.S
20th September 2011, 06:19 PM
Neenga solra movies-laam Ajith-kke therinthirukka vaaippu illai remakes-nnu... prachanai enna-nna.. Ajith not often interested to remake telugu movies, dats all...

Siv.S
20th September 2011, 06:21 PM
hey siva, ella unnaru. remake is not wrong. remake pantrathu ellam illa etc . thodarum is a telugu remake, saw it in one of the interview.
ok maams.. never heard abt it...

Arragesh
20th September 2011, 06:36 PM
Hello all,why suddenly we are talking abt the stats of remake films by star....Now at the moment we all have common enemy that is "Remake Raja" common ellarum avarukku sketch podalam........this is very important right now :D

Arragesh
20th September 2011, 06:37 PM
Hello all,why suddenly we are talking abt the stats of remake films by star....at the moment we all have common enemy that is "Remake Raja" common ellarum avarukku sketch podalam........this is very important right now :D

BM
20th September 2011, 06:41 PM
There was a rumour that Vijay reco'ed J Raja to Ajith when they met during the shoot of Mankatha. Yaan petra inbam? :lol2:

Ajith sir, Vijay kudutha watch'a return pannidunga :evil:, Friendship'a cut pannidalaam :evil:. Remake Raja venaam. Ithu mattum nadanthuthu, kandippa unga veetu munnadi tea kudippen :evil:.

leosimha
20th September 2011, 06:55 PM
Ajith- The most wanted actor in K'wood
2011-09-20 16:23:35

Link - http://www.sify.com/movies/ajith-the-most-wanted-actor-in-k-wood-news-tamil-ljuqx9abgig.html

leosimha
20th September 2011, 06:57 PM
ரூ 17 கோடி கேட்கும் அஜீத்!
செவ்வாய்க்கிழமை, செப்டம்பர் 20, 2011, 17:15 [IST]

பில்லா வெற்றிக்குப் பிறகு ஏகன், அசல் என தொடர்ந்து இரு தோல்விப் படங்களைக் கொடுத்தவர் அஜீத். அதன் பிறகு வந்த வெற்றிப் படம் மங்காத்தா.

இந்த ஒரு படம் மூலம் இழந்த தன் மார்க்கெட் செல்வாக்கை தக்க வைத்துக் கொண்டுள்ள அஜீத், தனது அடுத்த படத்துக்கு கேட்டுள்ள சம்பளம் எவ்வளவு தெரியுமா... ரூ 17 கோடி!

இந்த சம்பளம் இப்போது அவர் நடிக்கும் பில்லா 2 படத்துக்கு அல்ல. ஏஎம் ரத்னம் தயாரிப்பில் நடிக்கவிருக்கும் அடுத்த படத்துக்கானது. ஒருவேளை பில்லா 2 ஜெயித்துவிட்டால், அஜீத்தின் கால்ஷீட் ரேட் இன்னும் எகிறிவிடும் என்பதால், இந்தத் தொகையை உடனடியாகத் தர சம்மதித்தாராம் ரத்னம்.

இதற்கிடையே முதல் கட்டப்படப்பிடிப்பு மட்டுமே முடிந்துள்ள பில்லா 2 படத்தை ரூ 40 கோடிக்கு வாங்கிக் கொள்ள இரு நிறுவனங்கள் பேரத்தில் ஈடுபட்டுள்ளன. ஆனால் படத்தைத் தயாரித்துவரும் இந்துஜா குழுமமோ ரூ 50 கோடிக்கு மேல் எதிர்ப்பார்க்கிறார்களாம்.

யாரும் எதிர்பாராமல், இந்தப் படத்தையும் சன் பிக்சர்ஸே வாங்கி வெளியிடவும் வாய்ப்பு உள்ளதாகச் சொல்கிறார்கள்!

Link - http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/heroes/2011/09/20-ajith-salary-is-rs-17-cr-am-rathnam-film-aid0136.html

leosimha
20th September 2011, 07:02 PM
sri50 Sreedhar Pillai
Rumour- Ajith likely 2 do the Tamil remake of Mahesh Babu's Dookudu, which will be directed by remake raja M. Raja 4 producer AM Ratnam.
2 hours ago

Source - Tweet from @sri50

leosimha
20th September 2011, 07:04 PM
Ajith Teams up with Jeyam Raja
September 20, 2011

Ajith who is in the spotlight after the runaway blockbuster , his upcoming venture after Billa 2 is widely speculated. While it was already confirmed that Ajith will be doing the movie for A.M.Rathnam under Sri Surya Movies Banner the race was on among top directors. It is now confirmed that Jeyam Raja who is Directing Ilayathalapathy Vijay will wield the megaphone for this venture. Jeyam Raja is certainly enjoying the moments since he will direct back to back movies for top two heroes of Kollywood.

Link - http://the70mm.com/tamil-news/ajith-teams-up-with-jeyam-raja/

leosimha
20th September 2011, 07:05 PM
Member Column : Ajith's 50th - Does Thala Rule? You Bet He Does!

A meaningful article by STANFORD University student Mr.Vamsi

I've never been a big fan of Ajith as an actor. But, as a human being, it’s a totally different issue. He is an individual I look up to in real life. Why? He's everything I want to be and more. He's a self made man, a successful actor, someone who will stand to politics and politicians even when he has everything to lose, and ... and ... get this ... he drives Formula 3 cars in Europe! Talk about jet - setter. This guy is probably India's suavest multitasker, and judging by what his comrades say, he's not even a Casanova. What a perfect guy, but as an actor?

Well, I had my doubts till Mankatha came along, but watching it last night, those washed away too. All I have to say now is ... what a perfect guy!

I'll do a detailed analysis of this movie later, because I have some strong feelings about it and want to use it as an example about where I think contemporary Tamil cinema is headed. But right now, this one is for Ajith and his gazillion fanatics (of whom I'm admittedly one). So, an ode to the Ultimate Star... a eulogy to the Thala...

There's a distinct vibe about this guy ... he polarizes opinion. you either love him or you hate him, and there's hardly any middle ground. There's no other actor you can really cross your heart and say that about. Nobody ever hates Rajni. Some like his acting, others die for his style and charm, and yet others will stand by hi his spiritualism. With Kamal, his only detractors are those who take offense at his social and religious mores; but even they cannot deny his thespian prowess. No matter what you say about Vijay, the ultimate formula - man, he's really got his boy next door appeal. There's nary a soul in this world that dislikes Surya, and much as Vikram can grate on your senses sometimes, none will say that he doesn't put his life and soul into everything he does.

So, we come back to Ajith. The things that polarize people about him are the same things that feed all these other demigods. Sure, he's stylish, but you'd have to be as elitist as he is to imitate him ... nope sorry, that cigarette trick just doesn't cut it, pal. As far as acting goes, admit it... he's no Kamal ... no one is. Yes, he's handsome, but is he someone you can see standing at the street corner chatting it up with you, like Vijay? Surya is about as likely to sport a paunch as Ajith is to baring a six pack. Finally, even though he's diversified his portfolio as an actor of late, there's no way in hell he's put himself through so many different experiences as Vikram has.

So, there you go. This guy's stylish, but not gimmicky, he's trying his best, but the game's a hard one to play, he's suave, but a cut above you and me (not Navy cut, which he's too sophisticated to smoke anyway), he's fit, but not in an I-want-to-kill-myself-when-I look-at-you kind of way, and he's versatile but not wed to that philosophy. What he is ... what he is is REAL. He's a human being with goodness in his heart, down to earth and someone who knows his limitations and can make the best use of what he's got.

For instance, he can drive ... boy, can he drive! And so he does those handbrake turns and drifts himself. He's got style, so he makes sure that all his movies have the oomph quotient. He's understated, so he makes sure he gets roles akin to Eastwood and Brando, rather than deNiro and Carry. And above all, its clear that he has a deep empathy for his fellow human beings (which is why he's one actor who enquires about the day - to - day affairs of everyone in his cast and crew), and a great zest for life. His fan base is not only the most vocal in the state (after that one guy ... superstar or something), but also the most giving. His fans love him more for his off-screen persona than for the things he does on it. They do good deeds in his name, and when they go over the top, he keeps them grounded. And they adore him for it.

All this brings me back to the role he essayed in Mankatha. Director Venkat Prabhu said that Ajith wanted a Heath Ledger's Jokeresque part to play. And he delivered with aplomb (or as much aplomb as is possible for a non - Nolan director). You see, to do a Ledgeresque Joker, you either have to be a real life psychopath, or be so confident in your inherent humanity that you can pull off pure evil without it scarring you forever. Ledger (rest his soul), literally gave his life for that performance, and while Ajith is no psycho, is badass enough to realize that his innate goodness can save him from a similar fate. He did a fantastic job ... bottom line.

And this choice of role brings me to my second point. Rajni did Sri Raghavendra for his 100th. Vijay did Sura for his 50th. And more power to them (I'd give my left ball to spend a day with either of them). Rajni did that role to say thanks for his charmed existence. And Vijay portrayed his to acknowledge his fans. Ajith, on the other hand, constructed sixteen titanium inlaid carbon fiber balls to do what he did in Mankatha. High risk and on the edge is clearly what this man thrives on.

That is why he'll do a baddie to end all baddies in hi s 50th, that is why he'll invest his life savings on 200mph deathtraps when he's 40+, that is why he's stand up to the CM, and that too in his own appreciation ceremony (of which there were admittedly many). That's why, as I say ... what a perfect guy! Ajith’s 50th - Does Thala rule? You bet he does!

I've never been a big fan of Ajith as an actor. But, as a human being, its a totally different issue. He is an individual I look up to in real life. Why? He's everything I want to be and more. He's a self made man, a successful actor, someone who will stand to politics and politicians even when he has everything to lose, and ... and ... get this ... he drives Formula 3 cars in Europe! Talk about jet - setter. This guy is probably India's suavest multitasker, and judging by what his comrades say, he's not even a Casanova. What a perfect guy, but as an actor?

Vamsi (Email id : vamsikas@stanford.edu)

Link - http://www.starajith.com/2763-member-visitor-column-thala-ajith-50-mankatha-does-rule-you-bet-he-does-stanford-student-vamsi

leosimha
20th September 2011, 07:13 PM
hello friends n thala fans...

there's nothing wrong in remaking a movie as long as the movie is too good....now as an actor Ajith, as a director Raja, and as a producer AM Ratnam they will have to go by their instincts if the movie will be liked by the tamil audience and how well it will be received...

for example, take suriya's ghajini which was remade by aamir khan and you know the results of aamir's ghajini..right?

steveaustin
20th September 2011, 07:15 PM
Expect another Jeyam. EKSI... remake paNNa sonnA xerox copy la eduppAn...

leosimha
20th September 2011, 07:18 PM
lets be optimistic... :)

leosimha
20th September 2011, 07:19 PM
Which Kollywood actor is charging how much...
Lata Srinivasan, TNN | Sep 20, 2011, 11.15AM IST

While movies in Bollywood are crossing the 100 crore mark and increasing their market value and salaries, our Kollywood heroes are not too far behind

Money, money, money...muah! That is not just a line in Ajith's latest hit but even the film business. It looks like the business of films is booming not just in B-Town but also in KTown.

The success of the Tamil remake Suriya's Singam in Bollywood, titled Singham, has landed actor Ajay Devgn in 18 crore pay bracket. This actor used to charge between 6-8 crore per film, and the success of this film has helped him more than double his salary. While there has been an ongoing debate as to whether actors' salaries in Bollywood is too high considering disproportionate revenues, Kollywood heroes now seem to be riding high on increasing larger pay packets.

With corporate houses now making headway in Kollywood, budgets have increased tremendously. Though Bollywood has seen numerous films with various actors cross the 100 crore mark, in Chennai, only Superstar Rajinikanth can possibly lay claim to that feat. Behind him, three leading heroes - Vijay, Suriya and Ajith - are said to be in the 15 crore category.

Suriya is said to be ruling the roost as producers are willing to pay the actor anywhere from 15 crore along with Telugu rights. Two of his films have crossed the 100 crore mark in Hindi - Ghajini and Singham - and Bollywood is watching his 7aum Arivu closely. His market in Andhra Pradesh seems to be increasing and this augurs well for the actor. Adds a trade source, "Today, an actor's salary can include distribution rights and/or satellite rights along with a salary. In Bollywood, there's also profit-sharing but in Tamil cinema we don't have that yet."

Vijay, who's loved by the masses, also reportedly charges 15 crore per film. While his last outing, Kaavalan, the Tamil remake of Siddique's Bodyguard, was not a smash hit, the audience is looking forward to Velayudham to see if the Vijay magic will return on screen. He is still very much in demand by leading producers and directors and his films with Shankar and A R Murugadoss are the talk of the town.

While Ajith's last outing Asal was a dampener at the BO, his Mankatha has struck gold and has catapulted him to the 15 crore salary - plus one! His ask is always whatever the price of another top hero plus one, say insiders. But his choice to do select movies and capitalize on the success of playing the baddie in his earlier films has definitely helped the actor make a strong comeback on screen.

Deiva Thiirumugal had a marketing blitzkrieg in Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh and while the actors' performances were applauded, the movie did not do as well as expected. But Vikram, say sources, still has a strong market here and his supposed fee is about 10 crore.

Suriya's brother, Karthi, has also proved he can set cash registers ringing at the BO and trade sources say producers are willing to pay him his fee of 8-10 crore along with the Telugu rights. Like his brother, Karthi has been quite successful in Tollywood as well and they seem to be the only two actors who also take the Telugu rights with their fee.

While Simbu is said to charge about 5 crore per film especially after his extremely successful Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa, Dhanush, post his National Award for Aadukalam that was a hit, has been riding high on its success and reportedly charges 5-7 crore per flick.

The Avan-Ivan pair of Vishal and Arya who are good friends in real life, are also making their way up the salary scale and doing well for themselves. Sources say that as of now while Vishal charges 3 crore, Arya charges 2 crore. Vishal again is another actor who is said to have a market in Andhra Pradesh. Jiiva, who has had a very successful year with Ko, is said to be charging around 1.5 crore currently.

Link - http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/regional/news-interviews/Which-Kollywood-actor-is-charging-how-much--/articleshow/10050663.cms

raghavendran
20th September 2011, 08:09 PM
Just got tempted after that post of Raghav
neenga evolodhan try pannalum..unga list kitta varave mudiyadhu...still i dont think i said anything as provoking as u r making it out....
Ajith sir, Vijay kudutha watch'a return pannidunga :evil:, Friendship'a cut pannidalaam :evil:. Remake Raja venaam. Ithu mattum nadanthuthu, kandippa unga veetu munnadi tea kudippen :evil:.same thoughts now...friendship varthai vechikitu konjam overa poromonu thonudhu...namma nammalave iruppom..sayam rasavellam venam :evil:

Kalyasi
20th September 2011, 08:11 PM
Naasama pochu....

BM
20th September 2011, 10:55 PM
neenga evolodhan try pannalum..unga list kitta varave mudiyadhu...still i dont think i said anything as provoking as u r making it out....

same thoughts now...friendship varthai vechikitu konjam overa poromonu thonudhu...namma nammalave iruppom..sayam rasavellam venam :evil:

Coolings.. Coolings.. Ithellam namakulla jOllya pEsikrathu thAne. ChellavayE paathaachi, ithellam jujubi :mrgreen:. Mayakkam enna song'la vara lyrics thaan nyaabagam varuthu "jaan kooda Erala, muzham sarukkuren" :lol:

Parthyy
20th September 2011, 11:26 PM
Guys...
venaa Jayam ravi & raja viyum kanapadi twitter la praise....:mrgreen: pannalama
http://twitter.com/#!/actor_jayamravi

selvamohankumar
21st September 2011, 10:20 AM
neenga evolodhan try pannalum..unga list kitta varave mudiyadhu...still i dont think i said anything as provoking as u r making it out....same thoughts now...friendship varthai vechikitu konjam overa poromonu thonudhu...namma nammalave iruppom..sayam rasavellam venam :evil:

Thala friend thanae nu, avaru thread pakkam vantha, avanga fans inum apadiyae than irukanga!:banghead:

Flop List poduvinga! Recent flop list poduvinga! Ippo remake list a?

Remake panrathunalu inna problem nu enaku therila! Ellam tamil padamum 100% original kedaiyathu! Official announce panni seirathula onum thappu illa! Also weaker side lam konjam over! Recent hit vachi romba la pesa kudathu! Samiba kalam namma forum romba decent a pogitu irunthathu! Ippo panra provoke lam panitu, weaker side nu bit vera!

I think this friendship concept between Ajith Vijay is a never going to work ever. Not because of those both, but because of few who follow them!

ajaybaskar
21st September 2011, 11:07 AM
Raghav,

If we are gonna come up with lists, each fan will have a different list to work on. :-)

From the date I started this thread, there hasn't been any significant provocation from either side. This in spite of having die hard fans like Siva,BM, Parthy, etc. In fact, nobody even cared to mention about other actors in this thread. That is why I felt and still feel that your post was needless. Period. :-)

Sarna
21st September 2011, 11:28 AM
Selvakumar M, that post from raghav was on lighter note... chill mate :)

selvamohankumar
21st September 2011, 01:00 PM
Selvakumar M, that post from raghav was on lighter note... chill mate :)

Sarna I am also not into any fight mode! Even i loved forum the way it was since the inception of this thread by AJAY! No fights, even ajith die hard fans and vijay fans us were enjoying the success of both the actors. But Raghav's post definitely provoked us! Ajay doesnt get provoked easily. U know that.

I too want to stop this now! ! :D

SuraTheLeader
21st September 2011, 03:47 PM
அஜீத்தை அடுத்து இயக்குபவர் ஷங்கரா, ராஜாவா?

ஏ எம் ரத்னம் தயாரிப்பில் அஜீத் அடுத்து நடிக்கும் மெகா பட்ஜெட் படத்தை அஇயக்கப் போவது யார் என்ற விறு விறு ரேஸ் தொடங்கிவிட்டது.

இதில் இப்போதைக்கு அஜீத்தின் வழக்கமா இயக்குநர்கள் யாருமில்லை. ஆனால் பெரு்ம் எதிர்ப்பார்ப்புக்குரிய இருவர் உள்ளனர்.

அதில் ஒருவர் ஜெயம் ராஜா. இவருடன் ஏற்கெனவே அஜீத் சில கதைகளை விவாதித்துள்ளார். கடைசியாக மகேஷ்பாபு நடித்து விரைவில் வெளிவரவிருக்கும் தூக்குடு படத்தை ரீமேக் பண்ண திட்டம் உள்ளதாகத் தெரிகிறது.

சமீபத்தில் இந்தப் படத்தை அஜீத்தும் ராஜாவும் பார்த்து விவாதித்ததாகச் சொல்கிறார்கள்.

ஆனால் இதைவிட முக்கிய செய்தி, நண்பன் படத்தை முடித்த கையோடு, இயக்குநர் ஷங்கர் இந்தப் படத்தை இயக்கக் கூடும் என்பதுதான்.

காரணம் ஏற்கெனவே ஏஎம் ரத்னத்துக்கு ஒரு படம் செய்து தருவதாகக் கூறியுள்ளாராம் ஷங்கர். இந்தப் படம் மூலம் அந்த வாக்குறுதி நிறுவேறவும் வாய்ப்புள்ளதாகக் கூறப்படுகிறது.

ஏஎம் ரத்னத்துக்காக ஏற்கெனவே இந்தியன், பாய்ஸ் படங்களைத் தந்தவர் ஷங்கர் என்பது

http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2011/09/21-who-will-be-the-next-director-ajith-aid0136.html

Siv.S
21st September 2011, 04:52 PM
.....சமீபத்தில் இந்தப் படத்தை அஜீத்தும் ராஜாவும் பார்த்து விவாதித்ததாகச் சொல்கிறார்கள்.
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2011/09/21-who-will-be-the-next-director-ajith-aid0136.html
:rotfl: :rotfl:

raghavendran
21st September 2011, 06:49 PM
Ajay
neenga remake pathi pesininga...adhunaladhan remake list pathi pesinen......inga even Suryava once mock pananga..in mangatha thrd..u even replied to it on a lighter note...adhu mattum okva?.still i feel i didnt say anything wrong..replying to everything makes it big..obviously i have my splace rite?...

Selva
weaker sidenu remakes pathi vandha pechula sonnen...seriya enna sonnennu padikama vandhu katha kudadhu.....if u get provoked so easily..its ur problem......

ajaybaskar
21st September 2011, 07:31 PM
Raghava,

I just shared a tweet of Sridhar Pillai. What provocation did u find with that tweet?

raghavendran
21st September 2011, 07:53 PM
na provoke anena? :roll:..i said something abt mahesh films getting remade here and u got pissed rite?..sollanumnu sollala...still u find that was offending..i apologize(only to u)...avolo politically correcta pesi enakku pazhakam illa...

ajaybaskar
21st September 2011, 08:05 PM
Raghav,

There is nothing to apologize. How many Mahesh films has been remade by Vijay? Two. Adhukke ivlo aarpaattamaanradhuthaan en kelvi.

raghavendran
21st September 2011, 08:09 PM
arpaattam agama vitrukalamenudhan na solren..sadharnamadhane sonnen?

BM
21st September 2011, 08:18 PM
:waving white flag:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Lb7wWaGboOw/TSWb0F8_9ZI/AAAAAAAAAdY/t-jzmL7OkiE/s1600/ajith_vijay_meet_photos_03.jpg

Mahen
21st September 2011, 08:23 PM
apadiye oru milky white actress padam podunge :)

ajaybaskar
21st September 2011, 08:32 PM
http://www.hindu.com/2006/12/21/images/2006122121960201.jpg

BM
21st September 2011, 08:33 PM
aan paavam janagaraj, "ungal thEvaiye engal sEvai".

http://www.idlebrain.com/images3/newpg-tamanna39.jpg

http://getmobiware.com/files/268newpg-tamanna45.jpg

ajaybaskar
21st September 2011, 08:34 PM
BM,

I've already shared a milky white's pic and Mahen shud be more than happy now. :-)

BM
21st September 2011, 08:35 PM
:rotfl:.

btw Tamanna konjam subtle'a nadicha paaka nalla irukku.

Mahen
21st September 2011, 08:36 PM
Ajay :evil:

gurusaravanan
21st September 2011, 11:43 PM
My bro raja is not doing the remake of dookudu wit ajith sir. False news! jayam ravi tweets :)

BM
21st September 2011, 11:53 PM
@actor_jayamravi
Jayam Ravi
My bro raja is not doing the remake of dookudu wit ajith sir. False news!

:victory:............................

Siv.S
21st September 2011, 11:56 PM
My bro raja is not doing the remake of dookudu wit ajith sir. False news! jayam ravi tweets :)
Happiest news... nimathiya ippa thoonga pokalaam...

Parthyy
22nd September 2011, 12:11 AM

Guru,
ungal kaalai sevai thodaravum....:-D

Siv.S
22nd September 2011, 12:23 AM
Next movie thread-kku thundu pottufying... :yes: ellarum nyabagam vachukonga :devil: :p

BM
22nd September 2011, 12:53 AM
Next movie thread-kku thundu pottufying... :yes: ellarum nyabagam vachukonga :devil: :p

Mostly VV or Shankar thaan irukkum. Saapdunga :smokesmile:.

Parthyy
22nd September 2011, 01:21 AM
Shankar thaan:mrgreen:

First AM rathnam pothey i thought it would be Shankar looking at the availability of all worthy directors.

Meanwhile VV's SHADOW releases at end of December

raghavendran
22nd September 2011, 08:22 AM
thapichomda saamy..Raja :bow:

BM
22nd September 2011, 09:22 AM
Published in Ananda Vikatan weekly magazine dated Sep 22, 2011

http://www.starajith.com/media/2011/sep22av1.jpg
http://www.starajith.com/media/2011/sep22av2.jpg
http://www.starajith.com/media/2011/sep22av3.jpg
http://www.starajith.com/media/2011/sep22av4.jpg

http://www.starajith.com/2767-karunanidhi-kopam-anger-jayalalitha-paasam-affection-thala-ajith-exclusive-ananda-vikatan-interview

Pras
22nd September 2011, 10:45 AM
Guru,
ungal kaalai sevai thodaravum....:-D

guru, neenga kuLikka pogalaam-nu sollraar ...

Siv.S
22nd September 2011, 10:45 AM
Shankar thaan:mrgreen:

First AM rathnam pothey i thought it would be Shankar looking at the availability of all worthy directors.

Shankar-nnu confirm illa .. rendu perum AMR-kku commit pannirukkanga... 2 diff. projects aa kooda irukkalaam...

VJerry
22nd September 2011, 11:01 AM
Jayam Ravi confrimed in Twitter that Raja is not doing Dookudu remake, as rumoured earlier.

Pras
22nd September 2011, 11:06 AM
Jayam Ravi confrimed in Twitter that Raja is not doing Dookudu remake, as rumoured earlier.

neenga late-a vanthaalum .... late-a thaan varuringa ... :p

Parthyy
22nd September 2011, 01:34 PM
Shankar-nnu confirm illa .. rendu perum AMR-kku commit pannirukkanga... 2 diff. projects aa kooda irukkalaam...

high chance are ther for this to happen.lets see

ajaybaskar
22nd September 2011, 02:51 PM

2 padam edukkura alavukkellam AMRku kaasu irukkumaanradhu doubt.

raajarasigan
22nd September 2011, 03:00 PM
2 padam edukkura alavukkellam AMRku kaasu irukkumaanradhu doubt.அதுல ஒன்னு சங்கர் படம் :lol:

leosimha
22nd September 2011, 06:13 PM
'தல' குனிய வச்சிட்டீங்களே! - வருத்தத்தில் அஜீத்
வியாழக்கிழமை, செப்டம்பர் 22, 2011, 11:56 [IST]

மங்காத்தா தண்ணி பார்ட்டியில் சோனாவை பலாத்காரம் செய்துவிட்டார்கள் என ஊரெங்கும் பேச்சாய் கிடப்பது, படத்தின் நாயகன் அஜீத்தை வருத்தப்பட வைத்துவிட்டதாக கோடம்பாக்கத்தில் கிசுகிசுக்கப்படுகிறது.

நீண்ட நாட்களுக்குப் பிறகு பெரிய வெற்றி கிடைத்திருக்கிறது மங்காத்தா மூலம் அஜீத்துக்கு.

ஆனால் இந்த வெற்றிக்குக் காரணமாக இருந்த இயக்குநர் வெங்கட் பிரபு, அவர் தம்பி பிரேம், படத்தில் நடித்த மகத், வைபவ் என எல்லோருமே மது விருந்து கொண்டாடிய லட்சணம், படத்தின் வெற்றிக்கே கரும்புள்ளி போலாகிவிட்டதே என பெரிதும் வருத்தப்படுகிறாராம் படத்தின் ஹீரோவான அஜீத்.

ஏற்கெனவே ஜோசியம், ஜாதகம் போன்றவற்றில் ஏக நம்பிக்கை கொண்டவர் அஜீத் என்பது குறிப்பிடத்தக்கது.

இந்தப் பார்ட்டியில் அஜீத்தும் கலந்து கொண்டார் என்றாலும், அவர் வந்த வேகத்தில் எல்லோருக்கும் ஒரு ஹாய் சொல்லிவிட்டுக் கிளம்பிவிட்டாராம்.

'தல' போனபிறகுதான், தண்ணியில் கவிழ்ந்து தலை கால் புரியாமல் சோனா பலாத்காரம் வரை போய்விட்டதாம் நிலைமை. அடுத்தநாள் சோனா போலீசில் புகார் கொடுத்த பிறகுதான் விவரம் தெரிய வந்ததாம் அஜீத்துக்கு. விளைவு, மதுவிருந்து வைத்தவர், அதில் அத்துமீறியவரின் நண்பர் என அனைவரையும் கூப்பிட்டு, 'என்னங்க இது... தல தலன்னு சொல்லி தல குனிய வச்சிட்டீங்களே... இனி இதை மங்காத்தா பார்ட்டின்னு வெளிய சொல்லாதீங்க," என்று சொன்னதாக கிசுகிசுக்கிறார்கள்.

'பெரிய நட்சத்திரங்களுக்கு வரும் வழக்கமான சங்கடங்களில் இதுவும் ஒன்று. ஆனா ரசிகர்களுக்கு 'தல'யைப் பத்தி தெரியும்... விடுங்க', என்கிறார்கள் அஜீத்துக்கு நெருக்கமானவர்கள்!

Link - http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/interview/2011/09/22-mangatha-party-embarrasses-ajith-aid0136.html

BM
24th September 2011, 07:25 AM
Published in Deccan Chronicle daily paper dated Sep 24, 2011

http://i53.tinypic.com/2a95r4j.jpg

http://www.starajith.com/2772-thala-ajiths-next-film-with-vishnuvardhan-vijay-after-billa2-jeyam-raja

Parthyy
24th September 2011, 07:51 AM
unexpected combo might happen

Sarna
24th September 2011, 12:06 PM
By my three favourites (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HciDWnNY-MM)

Composed by karthikraja
sung by ilayaraaja
screen filled by thala.

Sarna
24th September 2011, 12:11 PM
மேகங்கள் என்னைத் தொட்டு போனதுண்டு (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SauZaKhho3Y&feature=related)
சில மின்னல்கள் என்னை உரசி போனதுண்டு
மேகங்கள் என்னைத் தொட்டு போனதுண்டு
தேகங்கள் ஒன்றிரண்டு கடந்ததுண்டு
மனம் சில்லென்று சில போது சிலிர்த்ததுண்டு
மோகனமே உன்னைப் போல என்னை யாரும்
மூச்சுவரை கொள்ளையிட்டுப் போனதில்லை
ஆகமொத்தம் என் நெஞ்சில் உன்னைப் போல
எரி அமிலத்தை வீசியவர் எவருமில்லை

பிரிவொன்று நேருமென்று தெரியும் பெண்ணே
என் பிரியத்தை அதனால் குறைக்க மாட்டேன்
எரியும் உடலென்று தெரியும் பெண்ணே
என் இளமைக்கு தீயிட்டு எரிக்க மாட்டேன்

கண்ணிமையும் சாமரங்கள் வீசும் காற்றில்
என் காதல் மனம் துண்டுத் துண்டாய் உடையக் கண்டேன்
துண்டு துண்டாய் உடைந்த மனத் தூள்களையெல்லாம்
அடி தூயவளே உனக்குள் தொலைத்து விட்டேன் :bow:

செவ்வாயில் ஜீவராசி உண்டா என்றே

அடி தினந்தோறும் விஞ்ஞானம் தேடல் கொல்லும்
உன் செவ்வாயில் உள்ளதடி எனது ஜீவன்

அது தெரியாமல் விஞ்ஞானம் எதனை வெல்லும்
எவ்வாறு கண்ணிரெண்டில் கலந்து போனேன்

அடி எவ்வாறு மடியோடு தொலைந்து போனேன்
இவ்வாறு தனிமையில் பேசிக்கொண்டேன் என்
இரவினைக் கவிதையாய் மொழிபெயர்த்தேன்

மூடி மூடி வைத்தாலும் விதைகளெல்லாம்
மண்ணை முட்டி முட்டி முளைப்பது உயிரின் சாட்சி
ஓடி ஓடிப் போகாதே ஊமைப்பெண்ணே
நாம் உயிரோடு வாழ்வதற்குக் காதல் சாட்சி

தேகங்கள் ஒன்றிரண்டு கடந்ததுண்டு
மனம் சில்லென்று சில போது சிலிர்த்ததுண்டு
மோகனமே உன்னைப் போல என்னை யாரும்
மூச்சுவரை கொள்ளையிட்டுப் போனதில்லை
ஆகமொத்தம் என் நெஞ்சில் உன்னைப் போல
எரி அமிலத்தை வீசியவர் எவருமில்லை

Sarna
24th September 2011, 12:16 PM
என்ன நடிப்பு ... 1.31 டு 1.40 நொடிகள் (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04NZk7Q6ZMQ&feature=related)

ஏ நிலவே... ஏ நிலவே...

நான் உன்னை தொட உன்னை தொட

உன்னை தொட விண்ணை அடைந்தேன்

ஏ நிலவே... ஏ நிலவே...

நீ விண்ணை விட்டு மண்ணை தொட்டு

கடலுக்குள் புகுந்து விட்டாய்

இமை மூட மறுத்து விட்டால் விழிகள் தூங்காது

இடி தாங்கும் இதயம் கூட மௌனம் தாங்காது

உன் விழி ஈர்ப்பு விசையினிலே அன்பே அன்பே

நான் வந்து விழுந்து விட்டேன் அன்பே அன்பே

கண் ஜாடை ஆமாம் என்றது

கை ஜாடை இல்லை என்றிப்பது

பூங்கொடி நிஜம் என்னடி

இது வாழ்வா சாவா

எதை நீ தருவாய் பெண்ணே

ஏ நிலவே... ஏ நிலவே...

நான் உன்னை தொட உன்னை தொட

உன்னை தொட விண்ணை அடைந்தேன்

நினைந்து நினைந்து நெஞ்சம் வலி கொண்டதே

என் நிழலில் இருந்தும் ரத்தம் கசிகின்றதே

ஒரு சொல் ஒரு சொல் ஒரு சொல்

சொன்னால் உயிரே ஊறி விடும்

அடியே அடியே முடியாதென்றால் இதயம் கீறிவிடும்

நிலா... நீயல்லவா..

தேய்பவன் நானல்லவா

காரணம் நான் சொல்லவா

கால்கள் இல்லாமலே காற்று நடை போடலாம்

நீயும் இல்லாமலே நாட்கள் நடை போடுமா

இமை மூட மறுத்து விட்டால் விழிகள் தூங்காது

இடி தாங்கும் இதயம் கூட மௌனம் தாங்காது

உன் விழி ஈர்ப்பு விசையினிலே அன்பே அன்பே

நான் வந்து விழுந்து விட்டேன் அன்பே அன்பே

கண் ஜாடை ஆமாம் என்றது

கை ஜாடை இல்லை என்றிப்பது

பூங்கொடி நிஜம் என்னடி

இது வாழ்வா சாவா
எதை நீ தருவாய் பெண்ணே...

Sarna
24th September 2011, 12:23 PM
சொல்லாமல் தொட்டு செல்லும் தென்றல் (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4OqPI22CJQ&feature=related)
என் காதல் தேவதையின் கண்கள்
நெஞ்சத்தில் கொட்டி செல்லும் மின்னல்
கண்ணோரம் மின்னும் அவள் காதல்
ஒரு நாளைக்குள்ளே மெல்ல மெல்ல
உன் மௌனம் என்னை கொல்ல கொல்ல
இந்த காதலினால் காற்றில் பறக்கும் காகிதம் ஆனேன்

ஓ காதலின் அவஸ்தை எதிரிக்கும் வேண்டாம்
நரக சுகம் அல்லவா
நெருப்பை விழுங்கி விட்டேன் ஓ அமிலம் அருந்திவிட்டேன்
நோயாய் நெஞ்சில் நீ நுழைந்தாய்
மருந்தை ஏனடி தர மறந்தாய்
வாலிபத்தின் சோலையிலே ரகசியமாய் பூ பறித்தவள் நீதானே

ஹே பெண்களின் உள்ளம் படு குழி என்பேன்
விழுந்து எழுந்தவன் யார்?
ஆழம் அளந்தவன் யார்? ஓ
கரையை கடந்தவன் யார்?
காதல் இருக்கும் பயத்தினில் தான்
கடவுள் பூமிக்கு வருவதில்லை
மீறி அவன் பூமி வந்தால்
தாடியுடன் தான் அலைவான் வீதியிலே .......

Sarna
24th September 2011, 12:26 PM
My top favourite thala song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9WazPj45_A&feature=related)

உன்னைப் பார்த்த பின்பு நான் நானாக இல்லையே
என் நினைவு தெரிந்து நான் இதுபோல இல்லையே
எவளோ எவளோ என்று நெடுநாள் இருந்தேன்
இரவும் பகலும் சிந்தித்தேன்....
இவளே, இவளே, என்று இதயம் தெளிந்தேன்
இளமை இளமை பாதித்தேன்....
கொள்ளை கொண்ட அந்த நிலா
என்னைக் கொன்று கொன்று தின்றதே
இன்பமான அந்த வலி
இன்னும் வேண்டும் வேண்டும் என்றதே....

ஏன் பிறந்தேன் என்று நான் இருந்தேன்
உன்னைப் பார்த்தவுடன் உண்மை நான் அறிந்தேன்
என் உயிரில் நீ பாதி என்று
உன் கண்மணியில் நான் கண்டு கொண்டேன்
எத்தனை பெண்களைக் கடந்திருப்பேன்
இப்படி என் மனம் துடித்ததில்லை
இமைகள் இரண்டையும் திருடிக் கொண்டு
உறங்கச் சொல்வதில் நியாயமில்லை
நீ வருவாய இல்லை மறைவாயோ? ஏ ஏ ஏ ஏ ஏ!
தன்னைத் தருவாயோ? இல்லை கரைவாயோ

நீ நெருப்பு என்று தெரிந்த பின்னும்
உன்னைத் தொடத் துணிந்தேன் என்ன துணிச்சலடி
மணமகளாய் உன்னைப் பார்த்த பின்னும்
உன்னைச் சிறையெடுக்க மனம் துடிக்குதடி
மரபு வேலிக்குள் நீ இருக்க
மறக்க நினைக்கிறேன் முடியவில்லை
இமயமலை என்று தெரிந்த பின்னும்
எறும்பின் ஆசையோ அடங்கவில்லை
நீ வருவயோ? இல்லை மறைவாயோ? ஏ ஏ ஏ ஏ ஏ!
தன்னைத் தருவாயோ இல்லை கரைவாயோ

BM
24th September 2011, 12:29 PM
Sarna Unplugged. Apdiye ennoda favourite song'um pOdunga Sarna. Poovukkellam siragu mulaithathu.

Sarna
24th September 2011, 12:31 PM
Sometimes, Thala and maddy lookalike :roll: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQLhTvKTPmQ&feature=related)

enna acting :bow:

Sarna
24th September 2011, 12:36 PM
இந்தப்பாடலை பிடிக்காத தல ரசிகரே இருக்க முடியாது (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0L-b4BgR6E&feature=related) :bow:

தல போல வருமா? தல போல வருமா?
நடையில் உடையில் படையில் கொடையில்
தொடை தட்டி அடிப்பதில்
தலை வெட்டி முடிப்பதில்

நெஞ்ச்சில் பட்டதை சொல்வானே :bow: appadiyE enna maadhiri :-D sorry, naan avar maadhiri :D
நெத்தியடியில் வெல்வானே
நெருப்பின் புத்திரன் இவன் தானே
இவனுக்கு இரவிலும் வெயில்தானே
அட்டகாசத்தில் புயல்தானே
நீல வானத்தை மடியில் கட்டுவான்
நிலவின் முதுகிலே முரசு கொட்டுவான்
தலையுள்ள பயல்களெல்லாம் தலயல்ல

தல போல வருமா?

விண்ணை வீழ்த்த ஒரு விலில்லை
இவனை வீழ்த்த ஒரு தில் இல்லை
எவனை நம்பியும் இவனில்லை :smokesmirk:
பாதுகாப்புக்கு யாருமில்லை
இவன் பத்து விரல்களும் காவல்துறை
வெற்றி வெற்றிதான் ஆயுள்வரை
ஒரு சொல்லிலே நின்று காட்டுவான்
நின்ற இடத்திலே வென்று காட்டுவான் :smokesmile:
தருதலையோ தவக்களையோ தலயல்ல

Sarna
24th September 2011, 12:46 PM
Sarna Unplugged. Apdiye ennoda favourite song'um pOdunga Sarna. Poovukkellam siragu mulaithathu.

Even my favourite from Vidhyasaagar....more rahman style (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouAPXWpBjqc)

பூவுக்கெல்லாம் சிறகு முளைத்தது எந்தன் தோட்டத்தில்
விண்மீன் எல்லாம் நிலவாய் போனது எந்தன் வானத்தில்
30 நாளும் முகூர்த்தம் ஆனது எந்தன் மாதத்தில்
முள்ளில் கூட தேன்துளி கசிந்தது எந்தன் தாகத்தில்
இது எப்படி எப்படி நியாயம்
எல்லாம் காதல் செய்த மாயம்

நிலவை பிடித்து எறியவும் முடியும்
நீல கடலை குடிக்கவும் முடியும் :boo:
காற்றின் திசையை மாற்றவும் முடியும் :shoot:
கம்பனை முழுக்க சொல்லவும் முடியும்
ஐ லவ் யூ லவ் யூ சொல்லத்தானே
ஐயோ என்னால் முடியவில்லை

சுற்றும் உலகின் விட்டம் தெரியும் :yes:
சூரியன் பூமி தூரமும் தெரியும் :pink:
கங்கை நதியின் நீளமும் தெரியும் :redjump:
வங்க கடலின் ஆழமும் தெரியும் :bluejump:
காதல் என்பது சரியா தவறா
இதுதான் எனக்கு தெரியவில்லை

ஒற்றை பார்வை உயிரை குடித்தது
கற்றை குழல் கையீடு செய்தது
மூடும் ஆடை முத்தமிட்டது
ரத்தமெல்லாம் சுண்டிவிட்டது
ஐ லவ் யூ லவ் யூ சொல்லத்தானே
ஐயோ என்னால் முடியவில்லை
மீண்டும் வசந்தம் எழுந்துவிட்டது :victory:
மீண்டும் சோலை கொழுந்துவிட்டது:happydance:
இதயம் இதயம் மலர்ந்துவிட்டது:cheer:
இசை என் கதவு திறந்துவிட்டது :froggrin:
காதல் என்பது சரியா தவறா
இதுதான் எனக்கு தெரியவில்லை

thala
24th September 2011, 09:39 PM
http://starajith.com/2772-thala-ajiths-next-film-with-vishnuvardhan-vijay-after-billa2-jeyam-raja

Siv.S
26th September 2011, 10:44 AM
:cheer: Thala Rasigar BM-kku Pirantha naal Vaazhthukkal :cheer:

Sarna
26th September 2011, 12:01 PM
Happy birthday BM(Venkatesh) :cheer:

SuraTheLeader
26th September 2011, 12:19 PM
MANY MORE HAPPY RETURNS OF THE DAY, BM
ENJOY :thumbsup:

ajaybaskar
26th September 2011, 12:31 PM
Yes.. This thread is more apt to wish BM..

"Many more happy returns of the day, BM Bro" :-)

yellow
26th September 2011, 12:47 PM
Happy birthday BM :-)

sakthii
26th September 2011, 12:51 PM
BM, many many happy returns of the day.

rsubras
26th September 2011, 01:01 PM
Even my favourite from Vidhyasaagar....more rahman style (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouAPXWpBjqc)

பூவுக்கெல்லாம் சிறகு முளைத்தது எந்தன் தோட்டத்தில்
விண்மீன் எல்லாம் நிலவாய் போனது எந்தன் வானத்தில்

This is one of a classic melody song lifted by soulful lyrics for the first saranam, but somehow i feel the lyricist (not sure who) lost his way (time crunch or mind block) in the second saranam to match with the "ஐ லவ் யூ லவ் யூ சொல்லத்தானே ஐயோ என்னால் முடியவில்லை" and "காதல் என்பது சரியா தவறா இதுதான் எனக்கு தெரியவில்லை" ........brilliant in the first saranam and a misfit in the second...........

Dinesh84
26th September 2011, 01:25 PM
:cheer: இனிய பிறந்த நாள் வாழ்த்துக்கள் BM :cheer:

Arragesh
26th September 2011, 05:49 PM
இனிய பிறந்த நாள் வாழ்த்துக்கள் - bm

sekar_suman
26th September 2011, 06:45 PM
Wish you happy B'Day BM

BM
27th September 2011, 12:46 AM
:cheer: Thala Rasigar BM-kku Pirantha naal Vaazhthukkal :cheer:

Thank you Siva :ty:

Happy birthday BM(Venkatesh) :cheer:

Thank you Sarna :ty:

MANY MORE HAPPY RETURNS OF THE DAY, BM
ENJOY :thumbsup:

Thank you STL :ty:

BM
27th September 2011, 12:47 AM
Yes.. This thread is more apt to wish BM..

"Many more happy returns of the day, BM Bro" :-)

Thank you Ajay bro :ty:

Happy birthday BM :-)

Thank you Yellow :ty:

BM, many many happy returns of the day.

Thank you Shakthi :ty:

BM
27th September 2011, 12:47 AM
:cheer: இனிய பிறந்த நாள் வாழ்த்துக்கள் BM :cheer:

Thank you Dins :ty:

இனிய பிறந்த நாள் வாழ்த்துக்கள் - bm

Thank you Arragesh :ty:

Wish you happy B'Day BM

Thank you Sekar_Suman :ty:

BM
27th September 2011, 12:55 AM
Thank you guys for all your wishes and love :ty: :bow:

ajithfederer
27th September 2011, 03:31 AM
Belated birthday wishes brother bm.

Parthyy
27th September 2011, 05:35 AM
belated happy birthday bm.

raghavendran
27th September 2011, 07:55 AM
belated birthday wishes BM :)

Sourav
27th September 2011, 10:19 AM
Belated b'day wishes BM! :D

HonestRaj
27th September 2011, 07:44 PM
Belated B'day wishes BM :D

selvamohankumar
27th September 2011, 10:22 PM
BM belated wishes!

BM
28th September 2011, 01:25 AM
Belated birthday wishes brother bm.

Thank you Stan bro :ty:.

belated happy birthday bm.

Thank you Parthy :ty:.

belated birthday wishes BM :)

Thank you Raghav :ty:.

BM
28th September 2011, 01:29 AM
Belated b'day wishes BM! :D

Thank you Ramal :ty:.

Belated B'day wishes BM :D

Thank you Honest :ty:.

BM belated wishes!

Thank you Selva :ty:.

BM
28th September 2011, 01:31 AM
Friends :bow: :bow:.

Siv.S
29th September 2011, 12:52 PM
Another pillar of Thala thread

Happy Birthday Ramal :2thumbsup:

ajithfederer
29th September 2011, 01:02 PM
Main Pillar of Thala thread. Still remember the old days where his signature used to be a page's length. Happy Birthday ramal ji. :cool2:

Another pillar of Thala thread

Happy Birthday Ramal :2thumbsup:

sakthii
29th September 2011, 01:52 PM
yar athu Ramal.. id partha niyabagam illa.. romba senior fanno!

Wish you happy birthday Ramal!

Siv.S
29th September 2011, 02:01 PM
yar athu Ramal.. id partha niyabagam illa.. romba senior fanno!

Wish you happy birthday Ramal!
:lol: Sourav Id kku sontha kaarar.

Sarna
29th September 2011, 02:01 PM
Happy birthday Sourav :cheer:

yellow
29th September 2011, 03:52 PM
Happy Birthday Sourav!!! :-)

Dinesh84
29th September 2011, 04:12 PM
Happy Birthday Sourav :D

sakthii
29th September 2011, 04:57 PM
:lol: Sourav Id kku sontha kaarar.
oh.. !
Sourav.. Enjoy the day! and everyday :)

BM
30th September 2011, 08:20 AM
Belated Birthday wishes Ramal :cheer:.

Arragesh
30th September 2011, 08:23 AM
Bellated wishes Sourav

cujoo
30th September 2011, 06:24 PM
Belated wishe's Sourav brother....

gurusaravanan
1st October 2011, 01:02 PM
லாரன்ஸ் இயக்கத்தில் அஜீத்
பில்லா 2 படப்பிடிப்பில் கலந்து கொண்டு இருக்கிறார் அஜீத். அவரது அடுத்த படம் என்ன என்பது இதுவரை அறிவிக்கப்படவில்லை.

ஏ.எம்.ரத்னம் தயாரிப்பில் நடிக்க இருக்கிறார் அஜீத் என்பது மட்டுமே இதுவரை உறுதி செய்யப்பட்டு இருக்கிறது. இயக்குனர் யார் என்பது இதுவரை அறிவிக்கப்படவில்லை. விஷ்ணுவர்தன் இயக்குவார் என்று கூறுகிறார்கள் தமிழ் திரையுலகில்.

இந்நிலையில் சமீபத்தில் வெளியான காஞ்சனா படத்தை பார்த்தாராம் அஜீத். உடனே இயக்குனர் லாரன்ஸை கூப்பிட்டு வெகுவாக பாராட்டி இருக்கிறார்.

எனக்கு ஏற்றவாறு ஏதாவது கதை இருந்தால் கூறுங்கள் படம் பண்ணலாம் என்று கூறினாராம். இதை கேட்ட சந்தோஷத்தில் தற்போது அஜீத்திற்கு ஏற்றவாறு கதையை தயார் செய்து வருகிறாராம் லாரன்ஸ்.

கோவாவில் படப்பிடிப்பில் இருந்தாலும் அஜீத்திற்கு போனில் கதையை கூறி வருகிறாராம் லாரன்ஸ். இருவரும் இணைந்து படம் பண்ணுவது உறுதி என்று கூறி வருகிறார்கள் தமிழ் திரையுலகில்.

BM
1st October 2011, 01:13 PM
Appo P.Vasu'Oda vaazhkai???

ganny_nayagan
1st October 2011, 01:53 PM
Appo P.Vasu'Oda vaazhkai???
ajith'eh marathirunthaalum neengga nyabaga padutirvingga pola...vittolingga baass, nallaarpom

thala
1st October 2011, 07:12 PM
with rana movie dropped out chances are there k.s. ravikumar may take ajith+am.rathnam movie

Sourav
1st October 2011, 09:53 PM
//
Many thanks friends! :D

sakthii
2nd October 2011, 07:58 AM
with rana movie dropped out chances are there k.s. ravikumar may take ajith+am.rathnam movie

would be great if Ajith became villan in Rana, sure KSR would rewrite the script if Rajini and Ajith come together!

HonestRaj
2nd October 2011, 11:16 AM
earlier (mun oru kaalaththil) there was some rumours that Ajith will do the role of Villain in Rajini's ROBOT..

--------
can anyone recall Ajith's "MAHA"... who was the director & other technicians in that

Sarna
3rd October 2011, 09:49 AM
earlier (mun oru kaalaththil) there was some rumours that Ajith will do the role of Villain in Rajini's ROBOT..

--------
can anyone recall Ajith's "MAHA"... who was the director & other technicians in that

If my memory serves rightly, MAHA was supposed to be directed by Vallarasu - Maharajan..... but seeing the success of Saamy, Ajith asked maharajan(this news was on rounds in most of the leading printed magazines... appa ellaam yaam computer'a TV'la dhaan paaththadhundu) to make a police story and that was Anjaneya :neutral:

so many movies were queued up for Thala those days....

New - by SJ surya... even stills released with Ajith and Jyothika.
Nandha - by bala
Erumugam - by Saran ..later it became gemini
Mirattal - by ARM... later it became Gajini

leaving all this, thala did RED - Revolution Education Development :neutral:

Sarna
3rd October 2011, 09:58 AM
and even, thala was supposed to do the Surya role in Ayudha Ezhuthu :neutral:

ajaybaskar
3rd October 2011, 11:42 AM
Mahaa was directed by Raviradha and not Maharajan. And even Mahaa was a cop story.

ajaybaskar
3rd October 2011, 11:44 AM
Sarna,

There were only media speculations that Ajith was to work with Mani for AE. But Mani did not have any idea of casting Ajith for AE. Only Vikram and Shaam were in the race and Vikram's role went to Maddy and Shaam's to Siddarth.

I still doubt if Mani-Ajith combo will happen in the future. Reasons aplenty. But u cant be certain of anything in tinsel town. :-)

Parthyy
3rd October 2011, 12:03 PM
Also for kaaka kaaka ajith + jothika supposed to do .gvm already mentioned in interview

Siv.S
3rd October 2011, 12:06 PM
I still doubt if Mani-Ajith combo will happen in the future. Reasons aplenty. But u cant be certain of anything in tinsel town. :-)
'coz of wat reasons?. sorry to correct u Ajay ,avanga eppavo pazham vittachu... ippa nalla relationship than irukku.

ajaybaskar
3rd October 2011, 12:21 PM
Reasons: Ajith's pulling out of NN cost Mani a fortune which made him cancel the preview show of Alaipayuthey when Shalini walked in with Ajith. Enakku therinjavarai endha 'samadhana udanpadikkai'yum nadakkala..

Siv.S
3rd October 2011, 12:27 PM
Ajay, Mani sir already attended Ajith's few personal function is wat i was heard.

ajaybaskar
3rd October 2011, 12:56 PM
Its been a while since I spoke to my 'source' (last time was during the PS episode). I am not sure about the aftermath developments.. :-)

Siv.S
3rd October 2011, 01:30 PM
Its been a while since I spoke to my 'source' (last time was during the PS episode). I am not sure about the aftermath developments.. :-)
Unga source than authenticity-aa irukkum ;) rendum perum gentlemanzz .. ippavum pazhasa-lam ninachittu irukka maattanga..seekiram update pannungo...

VENKIRAJA
3rd October 2011, 01:35 PM
New - by SJ surya... even stills released with Ajith and Jyothika.
Nandha - by bala
Erumugam - by Saran ..later it became gemini
Mirattal - by ARM... later it became Gajini

leaving all this, thala did RED - Revolution Education Development :neutral:

Biggest mistake of his life :banghead:

Sarna
3rd October 2011, 04:15 PM
Mahaa was directed by Raviradha and not Maharajan. And even Mahaa was a cop story.

ajay, thanks for correcting me :)

idhu maadhiri pazhaya stills irundhaa, inga pOst pannunga :D

ajaybaskar
3rd October 2011, 04:41 PM
These are stills from Ajith's another shelved film 'Thiruda'.

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s38/ajithfans/Rare%20Ajith%20Pictures/ajithrare1.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s38/ajithfans/Rare%20Ajith%20Pictures/ajithrare2.jpg

Arragesh
3rd October 2011, 05:32 PM
லாரன்ஸ் இயக்கத்தில் அஜீத்
பில்லா 2 படப்பிடிப்பில் கலந்து கொண்டு இருக்கிறார் அஜீத். அவரது அடுத்த படம் என்ன என்பது இதுவரை அறிவிக்கப்படவில்லை.

ஏ.எம்.ரத்னம் தயாரிப்பில் நடிக்க இருக்கிறார் அஜீத் என்பது மட்டுமே இதுவரை உறுதி செய்யப்பட்டு இருக்கிறது. இயக்குனர் யார் என்பது இதுவரை அறிவிக்கப்படவில்லை. விஷ்ணுவர்தன் இயக்குவார் என்று கூறுகிறார்கள் தமிழ் திரையுலகில்.

இந்நிலையில் சமீபத்தில் வெளியான காஞ்சனா படத்தை பார்த்தாராம் அஜீத். உடனே இயக்குனர் லாரன்ஸை கூப்பிட்டு வெகுவாக பாராட்டி இருக்கிறார்.

எனக்கு ஏற்றவாறு ஏதாவது கதை இருந்தால் கூறுங்கள் படம் பண்ணலாம் என்று கூறினாராம். இதை கேட்ட சந்தோஷத்தில் தற்போது அஜீத்திற்கு ஏற்றவாறு கதையை தயார் செய்து வருகிறாராம் லாரன்ஸ்.

கோவாவில் படப்பிடிப்பில் இருந்தாலும் அஜீத்திற்கு போனில் கதையை கூறி வருகிறாராம் லாரன்ஸ். இருவரும் இணைந்து படம் பண்ணுவது உறுதி என்று கூறி வருகிறார்கள் தமிழ் திரையுலகில்.

:omg: I can't imagine the combo.......hoping that only part of the news is true.

Siv.S
3rd October 2011, 05:39 PM
Thiruda was supposed to be a Romantic comedy movie by saji kailash, later they dropped it and given Jana :)

There was one more movie vaamana to be directed by Suresh krishna was also in dropped list.

VinodKumar's
3rd October 2011, 08:30 PM
Reasons: Ajith's pulling out of NN cost Mani a fortune which made him cancel the preview show of Alaipayuthey when Shalini walked in with Ajith. Enakku therinjavarai endha 'samadhana udanpadikkai'yum nadakkala..

NN na ???

littlemaster1982
3rd October 2011, 08:34 PM
NN na ???

Nerukku Ner. Unga thalaivar nadicha padam, idhu kooda theriyaama :twisted:

Mahen
3rd October 2011, 08:36 PM
Neruku Ner

VinodKumar's
3rd October 2011, 08:55 PM
Nerukku Ner. Unga thalaivar nadicha padam, idhu kooda theriyaama :twisted:

Naa vera angle la yosichikitu irunthaen. Sudden ah thonichu Neruku Ner nu I got it nu poda varathukulla :-|

// ARR avatar ah paathutu oru nimisam AB nu nenachitu ennada unga thalaivar nu solluraaraenu oru nimisam shock aagitaen //

Siv.S
3rd October 2011, 09:40 PM
The best of Ajith's 50 films!

Ajith Kumar, fondly called 'Thala' by fans, is one of the biggest stars in Tamil cinema. Ajith has been an unconventional star ever since his entry into the industry.
Despite his superstar status, he has not shied away from taking up films that do not fall under the 'masala entertainer' category. And unlike other big stars in Tamil cinema, he has kept away from politics and was even lauded for speaking up on the issue of actors forced to attend political functions at the FEFSI function.

He had taken a sabbatical from films to follow his other passion, racing. Now he's back with his latest blockbuster, Mankatha, the actor's 50th film.

Let's take a look at the landmark films in this talented star's career

Aasai

http://static.sify.com/cms/image/lkdkjkgbjde.jpg

Although Amaravathi was Ajith's first release, Aasai was his first critical and commercial success.

The film, directed by Vasanth and produced by Mani Ratnam, was about a brother-in-law who is infatuated with his beautiful sister-in-law and murders his wife to marry her.

The movie was praised for its cinematography by Santosh Sivan and the convincing performances by Prakash Raj and Ajith.

Kadhal Kottai

http://static.sify.com/cms/image/lkdkjmgidfa.jpg

Ajith was paired opposite Deviyani in this film, which was about two young people who fall in love without meeting each other.

The movie was well received critically and was Ajith's second outing with director Agathiyan, with whom he had earlier worked in Vanmathian.

The movie won the National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Tamil.

Kadhal Mannan

http://static.sify.com/cms/image/lkdkjobggha.jpg

Kadhal Mannan was another romantic movie from Ajith, in which he co-starred with Manu. Vivek, Karan and legendary music director, M.S. Viswanathan were also part of the film.

Based on a mechanic who falls in love with a girl who is already engaged, the movie went on to become a hit thanks to the great performances of the lead pair, who were ably supported by the supporting cast.

The soundtrack of the movie, composed by Bharadwaj, was also a major reason for its success.

Amarkalam

http://static.sify.com/cms/image/lkdkjpgjdgh.jpg

Directed by Saran, the movie starring Ajith and Shalini went on to become a blockbuster because of the excellent performances from Ajith, Shalini and Raghuvaran.

The movie was remade in Telugu and Kannada.

Ajith also met and fell in love with his wife Shalini on the sets of Amarkalam.

Vaali

http://static.sify.com/cms/image/lkdkjrafagj.jpg

Considered to be one of his best films to date, the dual role that Ajith played in the movie - one of which was of a deaf and dumb man - was well-received by audiences and critics alike.

The movie was about two brothers who fall in love with the same girl and what ensues when one of them marries her.

The music composed by Deva was also a huge hit.

Ajith won a Filmfare Award for Best Actor for his dual role.

Kandukonden Kandukonden

http://static.sify.com/cms/image/lkdkjsfdcdd.jpg

Loosely based on Jane Austen's Sense and Sensibility, the movie was about two sisters, with different views on life, and the men they fall in love with.

Ajith was paired opposite Tabu, whose character was considered 'unlucky' in the film, and gave a wonderfully restrained performance as a struggling film director.

He made his presence felt in a film that had a star cast including Mammooty, Aishwarya Rai, Abbas, Srividya and Raghuvaran.

Ajith won the Filmfare for Best Supporting Actor Award for this film.

Varalaaru

http://static.sify.com/cms/image/lkdkjubfbac.jpg

Ajith received critical praise for the three roles he played in this commercial blockbuster.

Ajith played a Bharathnatyam dancer and his two sons - one of whom wants to kill his father for reasons which are revealed at the end of the film.

The movie came under fire for justifying rape. The movie also earned the actor his third Best Actor award from Filmfare.

Billa

http://static.sify.com/cms/image/lkdkjvhhhee.jpg

One of the most stylish films ever made in Kollywood, Billa was a remake of the 1980 film of the same name starring Rajinikanth.

Ajith was clad in shades of black and white throughout the film, looking handsome and uber-cool.

The movie garnered mixed reviews, but did extremely well at the box-office, surpassing Ajith's previous hit, Varalaaru.

Mankatha

http://static.sify.com/cms/image/lkdkjxbjfad.jpg

Ajith's 50th film took the box-office by storm. The movie, with an ensemble cast of Arjun, Vaibhav, Premji, Trisha, Andrea Jeremiah and Anjali, opened to favourable reviews.

Sporting salt and pepper hair and a slight paunch, Ajith is one of the few stars in Tamil cinema to flaunt his age.

The actor was appreciated for taking up a negative role and playing it to perfection

http://www.sify.com/movies/The-best-of-Ajith-s-50-films-imagegallery-kollywood-lkdk0mihdgg.html#galname

sakthii
4th October 2011, 11:04 AM
Villan padam list la kanom?
Siv inthu unga lista ??

Siv.S
4th October 2011, 11:07 AM
Villan padam list la kanom?
Siv inthu unga lista ??
Illa.. Sipi-oda list... neenga unga list podunga ;)

ajaybaskar
4th October 2011, 12:13 PM
My fav Ajith films..

1. Kadhal Mannan
2. Vaali
3. Aasai
4. Dheena
5. Mankatha (Not in the league of the other 4. But its still there..)

Siv.S
4th October 2011, 03:39 PM
http://www.starajith.com/media/2011/oct04kum1.jpg

BM
4th October 2011, 08:31 PM
இந்தியன் பார்ட் 2 வில் அஜீத்!
ஏ.எம்.ரத்னத்தின் முழுவேக முயற்சி

ஷங்கரின் படைப்புகளிலேயே அதிக கவுரவத்திற்குரிய படம் இந்தியன்தான். அப்படத்தில் இந்தியன் தாத்தாவாக நடித்திருந்தார் கமல். ஊழலுக்கும் லஞ்சத்திற்கும் எதிராக இந்தியன் தாத்தா போட்ட ஃபைட் அதன்பின் வேறெந்த படங்களிலும் அவ்வளவு தத்ரூபமாக வெளிப்பட்டதா என்றால், படு திமிரோடு சொல்லலாம் இல்லை என்று.

க்ளைமாக்சில் முன் தலையில் முடிக் கற்றையை ஸ்டைலாக நீவியபடியே வெளிநாட்டு வீதியொன்றில் நடந்து போகும் இந்தியன் தாத்தா, சொல்லாமல் சொன்ன விஷயம்... இப்படத்தின் செகன்ட் பார்ட் சீக்கிரம் வரப்போகிறது என்பதைதான். அது சீக்கிரம் நடக்கவில்லை என்றாலும் சில வருடங்கள் கழித்து நடக்கவிருக்கிறது.

ஆனால் அதில் நடிக்கிற அதிர்ஷ்டம் கமலுக்கு இல்லை என்பதுதான் சோகம். மாறாக அஜீத்திற்கு வந்து சேர்ந்திருக்கிறது அந்த வாய்ப்பு. ஏ.எம்.ரத்னம் தயாரிப்பில் உருவாகவிருக்கும் புதிய படம் இந்தியன் பார்ட் 2 வாக இருக்கலாம் என்று சுட சுட தகவலை கசிய விடுகிறார்கள் கோடம்பாக்கத்தில்.

சம்பந்தப்பட்ட இடத்திற்கு நெருக்கமான வட்டாரங்கள் தெரிவிக்கும் செய்திகள் யாதெனில், இந்தியன் படத்தை தயாரித்தவர் ஏ.எம்.ரத்னம் என்பதால் இப்படத்தின் தொடர்ச்சியை எடுக்கிற உரிமையும் அவருக்கே உரித்தானது. அதனால் மிக எளிதாக இந்த முயற்சியை மேற்கொண்டிருக்கிறார் அவர் என்பதுதான். இதை ஷங்கரே எடுத்தால் இன்னும் நன்றாக இருக்குமே என்பது ரத்னத்தின் விருப்பம். இது தொடர்பாக அவர் ஷங்கரிடமும் பேசி வருகிறாராம்.

ஜீன்ஸ் படத்திலேயே முதலில் அஜீத்தை நடிக்க வைக்கதான் நினைத்தார் ஷங்கர். அப்போது கைகூடவில்லை அந்த முயற்சி. போகிற போக்கை பார்த்தால் இப்போது நிறைவேறிவிடும் போலிருக்கிறது. பார்க்கலாம்...

http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/Hotnews/2011/oct/041011a.asp

Parthyy
4th October 2011, 10:55 PM
More scoop on this...came few weeks back...

Shankar to do 'Indian -2'?

Shankar has revealed that he might do a sequel to his 1990s super hit 'Indian', after the release of 'Nanban'. "Producer AM Rathnam has been urging me to start the second part. Let's see what happens after Nanban," the director said.

Happy at anti corruption activist Anna Hazare being referred as 'Indian Thatha', a character made memorable by Kamal Haasan in his film, Shankar says, "It's great to see that the whole country is behind an aged man."
On 'Nanban', Shankar said, "It is a light-hearted feel good film which is inspired by 3 Idiots. We have made certain changes to the script to make it strike a chord with Tamil audience. I enjoyed shooting for the movie."

Saying that everyone would love Vijay once the film is released, Shankar added: "Such was his character. I should also talk about Jiiva and Srikanth who have beautifully played their respective roles. All the three have made me to say 'all is well'."

Parthyy
5th October 2011, 01:51 AM
http://images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/PQAAAD6960wkdzrp1ih_HkBZ0zpmmBKQR22ytbJo8sowXmKbJ7 Us98KtvLbLc826A3R87ym-wzDvGHDxSbyUFW2MDfkAm1T1UHSoaDp21-t8TaPAKQFTPlffwU3w.jpg

Parthyy
5th October 2011, 10:09 PM
ஷங்கர் இயக்க, அஜீத் நடிக்க இந்தியன் -2? என்ன சொல்கிறார் ஏஎம் ரத்னம்?Share This
பில்லா 2 நடித்துக் கொண்டிருக்கும் அஜீத்தின் அடுத்தபடம் அநேகமாக இந்தியன் 2 ஆக இருக்கலாம் என்கிறது கோடம்பாக்கம் வட்டாராம்.

இந்தியன் படத்தின் இறுதியில், அதன் அடுத்த பாகம் வரப்போவதை இயக்குநர் ஷங்கர் சூசகமாக குறிப்பிட்டிருப்பார். இந்தப் படத்தை தயாரித்த ஏஎம் ரத்னம்தான், அடுத்து அஜீத்தை வைத்து படம் தயாரிக்கிறார்.

அதேபோல, பாய்ஸ் சமயத்தில் மனக்கசப்பு ஏற்பட்டாலும், ரத்னத்துக்கு இன்னொரு படம் பண்ணித் தருவதாக இயக்குநர் ஷங்கரும் உறுதி தந்திருந்தார்.

எனவே இதுவரை நடக்காமல் இருந்த அஜீத் – ஷங்கர் காம்பினேஷனை இந்த முறை சாத்தியமாக்கிவிடலாம் என ரத்னம் முயற்சிப்பதாகவும், அது இந்தியன் -2 ஆக மலரலாம் என்றும் தகவல் பரபரக்கிறது. அன்னா ஹஸாரே விவகாரம் படுபாப்புலராக உள்ள இந்த நேரத்தில் இந்தியன் 2 எடுப்பது வியாபாரத்தில் அனல் பறக்க வைக்கும் என்பதால் இந்த பேச்சு.

இதுகுறித்து தயாரிப்பாளர் ஏ எம் ரத்னத்தை தொடர்பு கொண்டு விசாரித்தோம். “பேசிக்கிட்டிருக்கோம்,” என்று ஒற்றை வார்த்தையில் பதிலளித்தவரை, இந்தியன் -2 உண்மையா என்று மட்டும் சொல்லுங்க என்றோம்.

“எதுவும் நடக்கலாம். இந்தியன்- 2 கூட நல்லாதான் இருக்குல்ல,” என்றார் அப்பாவியாய்.

கமல்ஹாசன், சுகன்யா, மனீஷா கொய்ராலா நடித்து வெளியான தமிழில் புதிய புரட்சி படைத்த படம் இந்தியன். இப்படத்தில் கமல்ஹாசன் நடித்த இந்தியன் தாத்தா வேடம் வெகு பிரபலமானது. இப்படத்தில் லஞ்சம், ஊழலை எதிர்த்துப் போராடும் இந்தியன் தாத்தா வேடத்தில் சிறப்பாக நடித்ததற்காக கமல்ஹாசனுக்கு தேசிய அளவில் சிறந்த நடிகருக்கான விருது கிடைத்தது நினைவிருக்கலாம்.

எல்லாம் சரி, கமல்ஹாசன் தரித்த வேடத்தை தாங்கும் அளவுக்கு அஜீத்துக்கு பலம் இருக்கிறதா?

Ajith in Indian 2?

Oct 05, 2011

Home > More news

Producer AM Rathinam, who had produced the smash hit film Indian, which starred Kamal Haasan and directed by Shankar, is toying with the idea of making a sequel. The producer is planning to rope in director Shankar to direct the film with Ajith in the lead.

The initial discussions are likely to place soon, sources say. Shankar and Ajith were supposed to come together for Jeans, but this did not materialize and Prashanth bagged the offer. If Ajith and Shankar join hands, it would certainly turn out to be the most expected film of the year.

Billa-2,Indian-2 Nalla irukkae.:roll:

Arragesh
5th October 2011, 10:42 PM
Billa-2,Indian-2 Nalla irukkae.:roll:

Ithu nadakurathukku 2% saathiyam thaan irukku,mostly it will be Vishnuvardhan

Parthyy
5th October 2011, 10:50 PM
ya.
but some possibilities are there since AMRathnam

Arragesh
5th October 2011, 10:54 PM
I'm hoping on your hope :)

Siv.S
5th October 2011, 10:58 PM
Shankar kooda pannattum but Indian-2 laam venam... movie will be interesting only if senapathy acts in it,thats not possible.. so some new script with Thala.

Parthyy
5th October 2011, 11:15 PM
As long as Shankar comes up with something interesting,i am happy.But at any cost should not happen like GVM pilim.

Meanwhile Vishnuvardan-Pawan telugu film panja(Tigers paw) logo launched here in HYD full of Posters.Looks awesome
have to wait and see ...
http://i54.tinypic.com/66dhc4.jpg

VinodKumar's
5th October 2011, 11:44 PM
Intresting pawan in new look + Yuvan meesic. Like the way title is designed. (Enga irunthum copy adikalala :P). Pattiyala padam vanthapa ivara thalaila thooki avchi aadinaen aana copy solli yen thalaila kotti utkaara vachutaanga.

Parthyy
5th October 2011, 11:59 PM
Intresting pawan in new look + Yuvan meesic. Like the way title is designed. (Enga irunthum copy adikalala :P). Pattiyala padam vanthapa ivara thalaila thooki avchi aadinaen aana copy solli yen thalaila kotti utkaara vachutaanga.

As long as Presentation concerned Vishnu is best.Even dump Sarvam had great visualisations
AA,Pattiyal is Best.Billa was ok thanks to only style.
sarvam mattam
Hoping he will bounce back with this one(anyhow wil make movie with thala)

VENKIRAJA
6th October 2011, 12:11 AM
Honorable mentions:
10. Citizen (Leading lady was a major letdown)
9. Uyirodu Uyiraga (Superb songs and climax)
8. Billa (Titles, BGM, All the sheen)
7. Amarkalam (Golden Era)
6. Dheena (2nd half saniyan maadhiri irukkum)

Most favorite
5. Mankatha (Best theatre experience+Characterization)
4. Attagasam (Sheer Gethu sake. Only Thala/Thalaivar fossifle)
3. Mugavari (Pardon Deva)
2. Varalaaru (Trademark written all over. PC+ARR bonus)
1. Vaali (No two ways about it)

Roshan
6th October 2011, 12:52 AM
Mine..

Honorable Mentions..

1.Unnai thaedi - a nice feel good movie with some good songs. NaaLaikaalai naeril varuvaaLaa is a lovely one
2. Kaadhal KOttai - oru kaalathula favourite but now, only honorable mention.
3. Ananda Poongkaatrae - Simple role but Ajith makes it look adorable (songs good again - semmeenaa viN meena , nice duet)
4. Nee Varuvaayena - though it was a guest role, he made his presence feel.
5. Citizen :embarassed: but adhaan uNmai
6. Dheena - First half
7. Varalaru - dancer role and songs (rest was crap, specially climax was kuppai)

Favourites...
1. Aasai - Including Ajith everbody did well, including the technicians. A complete movie. Vasanth's best.
2. Kaadhal Mannan - which made me take Ajith seriously. (Vivek and MSV were too good and unnai paartha pinbu naan was a classic)
3. Amarkalam - Only complaint is Shalini and her weird costumes
4. Kandukondaen Kandukondaen - i never get tired watching Ajith-Thabu sequences.
5. Mugavari - have seen it 4 times in theater on consecutive days - Jo was lovely too. Songs ellaam appO nalla irunthuthu but ippa kaekkumpOthu mattamaa irukku
6. Mangatha - His screen presence, mass appeal and power packed performance - absolutely enjoyable
7. Vaali - Best till date.

thala
6th October 2011, 03:11 AM
@venkyraja & roshan: nice list, I agree altough I think movie villain deserves to be in the top. It was a complete family entertainer.
And to add on I personally like ajiths cameo in unnidathail ennai koduthen and his acting in kireedom.

ajaybaskar
6th October 2011, 11:56 AM
Parthyy,

That Pawan film was earlier titled 'Shadow'?

Parthyy
6th October 2011, 04:33 PM
aamang initialy nizhal

somu_87
7th October 2011, 01:50 AM
In sun cinema News.. they told abt Indian 2.. they reported tat AM ratnam is joining hands with shankar and Ajith for his next venture which is touted to be Indian 2 .. hope its not a rumour.. having said tat antha thatha role yellam thalaiku set aaaguma ??? :confused2:

Parthyy
7th October 2011, 01:59 AM
Indian2 ellaam adichu vudraanga
But theres some possibility of Ajith+Shankarbcoz of rathnam else Vishnu thaan.Better dont expect big

steveaustin
7th October 2011, 09:47 AM
In sun cinema News.. they told abt Indian 2.. they reported tat AM ratnam is joining hands with shankar and Ajith for his next venture which is touted to be Indian 2 .. hope its not a rumour.. having said tat antha thatha role yellam thalaiku set aaaguma ??? :confused2:

I am of the opinionthat he is a director's actor. If the director handles him well, then the rest will be history. Varalaaru is just an example when everyone said if the movie came 10 years earlier UN could've done the role. The same applies here.

rsubras
7th October 2011, 01:05 PM
Mine..

Honorable Mentions..

7. Varalaru - dancer role and songs (rest was crap, specially climax was kuppai)

Varalaru la niraya kuppais irunthaalum..........obvious graphics thappu irunthaalum (KSR movies Muthu, Varalaru etc., always had worst graphics except when he joins with Kamal) antha one scene where Appa Ajith's first duel with villain Ajith.......... chanceh illatha style and asathal.......that combined with villain Ajith's acting and ARR's bgm (especially during first half when the baddie Ajith sets out to kill his father and during father Ajith's marriage scene) more than makes up for other ottais and kuppais.........

Siv.S
7th October 2011, 02:41 PM
Ajith to do Indian-2 with Shankar?

Kollywood is abuzz that Ajith is going to do a sequel to Kamal Haasan’s Shankar directed classic vigilante entertainer Indian 2.

The film is going to be produced by AM Ratnam, the original producer who made the blockbuster Indian in 1996 with Kamal Haasan in dual role along with Manisha Koirala and Urmila.

What has lent credence to these rumours is that Ajith has officially confirmed that his next film after Billa 2 would be with producer AM Ratnam. There have also been reports that Shankar has promised Ratnam that he would do another film for him, to make up for Boys.

There are a lot of moneybags who have told Ratnam that they are willing to fund the project, if he gets Shankar and Ajith together to do the project.

It has created mass hysteria among Ajith fans on the internet, who have already drawn fan posters of Ajith in the old man, get up of Senapathi in Indian 2!

As per sources in the trade Ratnam by roping Shankar into the project, will make it a real big budget bonanza. Ajith and Shankar together for the first time in a sequel to one of the most popular movies in Tamil is a win-win situation for Ratnam.

http://www.sify.com/movies/ajith-to-do-indian-2-with-shankar-news-tamil-lkhkcCbfdgd.html

Siv.S
7th October 2011, 02:45 PM
BTW, yesterday watched Indian in one of the UAE malayalam channel, Sila scenes-laam Pullarippu with BGM.. Thalaivar ARR :bow: .... Indian-2 ozhunga ajith pannuvaro illa samalipparannu theriyala...
but Padam opening laam thaaru maara irukkum...