PDA

View Full Version : || Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya | ARR | Gautham Menon || - Part 2

Pages : 1 [2]

Mahen
17th November 2011, 08:33 PM
appadingareenga? I somehow felt RS had lotsa stuff out of VTV (intentional or not!) paapom, a lot depends on Prateik (liked him a lot in JTYJN) and Amy
VTV-sacred..RS-asingam :) Amy thaan konjam doubtta iruku..what language will she speak?

directhit
17th November 2011, 08:37 PM
1)i just dont like the idea of going after a married woman..2) how all of sudden he become a big rockstar.. 3) the theory 'experience pain to be a better musician etc and lots more..
hub-le kuda i think only u/ajay and satya liked it 1)i just dont like the idea of going after a married woman..2) how all of sudden he become a big rockstar.. 3) the theory 'experience pain to be a better musician etc and lots more..

1) oh okies, i didnt feel any issues abt that :oops: 2) he didnt become all of a sudden (the editing showed it tht way) I felt that the movie is not abt rockstar perse, it was just their love (thts why many ppl felt tht the title of the movie was wrong!) 3) again dont think Imtiaz says that it was coz of Pain he became a Rockstar, ironically many of the songs he sings are done even when he is not in pain, it was more of a pointer to how he met her...

those were just me though, i didnt like a few of the senti scenes in second half, felt overdone!

directhit
17th November 2011, 08:38 PM
VTV-sacred..RS-asingam :twisted: sari what if Thrisha had left her hubby and gone with Simbu in VTV, adhayum Asingamnu sollirupeengalaa :yessir:

Mahen
17th November 2011, 08:54 PM
:twisted: sari what if Thrisha had left her hubby and gone with Simbu in VTV, adhayum Asingamnu sollirupeengalaa :yessir:
What if? but it didnt happen :) anga thaan nikiraru GM :) and even all of our directors..Can northies make movies like Kaadhal/7G/vtv? nevaiirr..Avanga level ellam Kabhi alvida na kehna thaan edupanga :lol : For me, love for a woman oru level-ku thaan..beyond that is madness i.e still pursuing her even if shes married/having affair etc

littlemaster1982
17th November 2011, 09:08 PM
Amy dhaan solpa idikkudhu :| konja thalli nindhukkaren...

Amy is the second reason why I'm looking forward to this film :mrgreen:

directhit
17th November 2011, 09:10 PM
movies like Kaadhal/7G/vtv :bow: Classics..

Avanga level ellam Kabhi alvida na kehna idhellam oru padam, Dev D might be a better comparison. But Bollywood as such have moved away from pure romance subjects long back! am eager to see how EDT does in North, irritated to see most Rockstar reviews which praise the movie go subtle on ARR! :x

littlemaster1982
17th November 2011, 09:11 PM
For me, love for a woman oru level-ku thaan..beyond that is madness i.e still pursuing her even if shes married/having affair etc

This topic has potential for a seperate thread ;)

directhit
17th November 2011, 09:11 PM
Amy is the second reason why I'm looking forward to this film :mrgreen: Master, I meant in terms of Acting and movie credibility etc, Jollu vidaradhukku kattayam :yes: moonusha va vida ellaarume better dhaen..

littlemaster1982
17th November 2011, 09:33 PM
2 questions,

1) Did you like Trisha's performance in VTV?

2) If yes, did you expect her to do well?

Conclusion: If Trisha could act well in VTV, so can Amy in EDT :noteeth:

wizzy
17th November 2011, 09:40 PM
imp q..Aaromale hindi ver erukka

littlemaster1982
17th November 2011, 09:50 PM
Heard it's going to be a different song. Gonna be a difficult job replacing Aromale :D

SoftSword
17th November 2011, 10:48 PM
thr CAN NEVER be a replacement for aromale... even arr aspires to make one...

sathya_1979
17th November 2011, 10:53 PM
1)i just dont like the idea of going after a married woman..
1) oh okies, i didnt feel any issues abt that :oops:
neenga namma settu :2thumbsup:

Mahen
18th November 2011, 04:50 PM
Traileruuu..Hosana has been messed up..Aromale is still there :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3tSDa0u68k&feature=channel_video_title

Mahen
18th November 2011, 05:05 PM
neenga namma settu :2thumbsup:
shaving settu :evil:

Parthyy
18th November 2011, 06:45 PM
Heard its gonna release on jan14.....

Mahen
18th November 2011, 09:23 PM
ooh..pongal release :lol2:

baba88
19th November 2011, 03:45 AM
amy jackson looks really stunning in the trailer!! This is hero must be very lucky to act with her ;)

Parthyy
19th November 2011, 11:51 AM
hero looks like jithan ramesh..worsttu
ya,Amy jackson looks great

Sunil_M88
19th November 2011, 06:11 PM
Chinmayi tweeted that she's dubbed for Amy Jackson.

baba88
20th November 2011, 05:17 AM
movie is said to get released on the 13th Jan 2012. So we can expect the audio in december I hope!!

btw isnt NEP slated for a valentines day release ??? so two love stories in hindi by gautham with a gap of only one month ?! that might be the breakthrough for him in the hindi film industry.

littlemaster1982
8th December 2011, 11:14 PM
http://www.metromatinee.com/movies/images/m3542/large/Ek%20Deewana%20Tha25023.jpg

R.Latha
19th December 2011, 03:10 PM
The Oscar-winner will launch his next audio at one of the Seven Wonders of the World

The Mozart of Madras is all set to perform in front of... hold your breath... the Taj Mahal! The occasion is the audio launch of "Ek Deewana Tha", which is the Hindi remake of the superhit flick "Ye Maya Chesave" ("Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa" in Tamil).

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/music/news-and-interviews/Rahman-at-the-Taj-Mahal/articleshow/11156152.cms

Sunil_M88
21st December 2011, 06:19 AM
Rahman denied permission to perform at Taj Mahal

The music launch of A.R.Rahman's next big musical Ek Deewana Tha starring Prateik and newcomer Amy Jackson was supposed to happen amidst much fanfare at the Taj Mahal in Agra. Rahman along with his singers was to perform live at Mehtab Bagh (Agra) which has spectacular view of the Taj Mahal in the backdrop. However, that would not happen now as the Archaelogical Survey of India (ASI) has not given him the permission to perform at the venue.

The ASI has not been too happy about the way some of the recent films have conducted their shoots in and around the Taj Mahal and from now on has reportedly decided to be very strict in giving shooting/performance permissions.

Rahman will still be doing a symbolic performance and music launch of Ek Deewana Tha in Agra at one of the hotels which has a very good view of Taj Mahal.

Vivek Krishnani of Fox Star Studios says, "It's unfortunate that we could not get a permission to perform at Mehtab Bagh venue. We tried to reason it out but probably due to some past experiences the permission has been denied to us."

Ek Deewana Tha is a love story directed by Gautham Menon and is a remake of his own Tamil super-hit film Vinnaithandi Varuvaaya.

source: http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/more/news/view/id/1397256

littlemaster1982
21st December 2011, 11:17 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/407853_10150426468011720_63441126719_9003253_11996 87506_n.jpg

Ekk Deewana Tha
January 2012

Studio: Fox Star Studios India, Photon Kathaas, R. S. Infotainment
Director: Gautham Vasudev Menon
Lyrics: Javed Akhtar
Music: A. R. Rahman
Stars: Prateik, Amy Jackson
Label: Sony Music

Tracklist:

1. Kya Hai Mohabbat
A. R. Rahman

2. Dost Hai (Girl I Loved You)
Naresh Iyer, Jaspreet Jasz, Arya

Rap lyrics: Jaspreet Jasz
Alternate arrangements: Sachin & Jigar

3. Aromale (My Beloved)
Alphonse

Malayalam lyrics: Kaithapram Damodaran Nambuthiri

4. Hosanna

Leon D'Souza, Suzanne D'Mello
English lyrics: Blaaze

5. Phoolon Jaisi Ladki
Clinton Cerejo, Kalyani Menon

Malayalam lyrics: Kalyani Menon

6. Sharminda Hoon
A. R. Rahman, Madhushree
Chant Choir lyrics used from Allama Iqbal’s poetry

7. Sunlo Zara
Rashid Ali, Shreya Ghosal, Timmy

8. Zohra-Jabeen
Javed Ali

9. Broken Promises
Shreya Ghosal

10. Moments in Kerala
Solo Violin by Prabhakar

11. Jessy's Land
Megha

12. Jessy's Driving Me Crazy
Sanjeev Thomas, Timmy

Credits:

Backing Vocals:

Vivek Agarwal,
Dr. Narayanan,
V. V. Prassanna,
Haricharan Sesh,
Pooja,
Malavika,
Sakthisri,
Raihannah,
Israth,
Fathima,
Priyadharshini,
Anita,
Poornima,
Senthil,
Bhagyaraj,
Santosh,
Vijay Narain R,
Goutham,
Kaushik,
Ajeesh,
Shruthi,
Pooja,
Saranya,
Maria Roshni,
Fatima Shahul,
Hameed

Additional vocals on ‘Kya Hai Mohabbat’ – Clinton Cerejo's session singers
Additional Vocals on 'Hosanna' - Maria Roshni

Instruments:

Nadaswaram on 'Dost Hai' - Natarajan
Shehnai on 'Sunlo Zara' – Balesh
Drums on 'Jessy's Driving Me Crazy' - Vinnie
Drums on 'Kya Hai Mohabbat' - Jeoraj George
Solo Violin on 'Aromale' - Ganesh Rajagopalan
Cello on 'Kya Hai Mohabbat' - John
Guitar - Johny, George, Sanjeev Thomas, Keba Jeremiah
Bass Guitar - Keith Peters
Flute - Naveen, Kiran

Chennai Strings conducted by V. J. Srinivasamurthy

Additional Programming:
T. R. Krishna Chetan, P. A. Deepak, Hentry Kuruvilla, Viviane Chaix

Additional Vocal Supervision:
V. J. Srinivasamurthy, Srinidhi Venkatesh

Sound Engineers:

Panchathan Record Inn, Chennai:
Suresh Perumal, P. A. Deepak, T. R. Krishna Chetan, Viviane Chaix, Srinidhi Venkatesh, R. Nitish Kumar, Tony Joy

A. M. Studios, Chennai:
S. Sivakumar, Kannan Ganpat, Pradeep

Nirvana Studios, Mumbai:
Puneet Samtani

Mixed by P. A. Deepak

Additional Mixing:
T. R. Krishna Chetan, Hentry Kuruvilla, Ashish Manchanda for 'Jessy's Driving Me Crazy'

Original tracks mixed by K. J. Singh and P. A. Deepak

Mastered by Louie Teran at Marcussen Mastering Studio, Los Angeles

Music Co-ordination: Noell James, T. M. Faizuddin, Vijay Mohan Iyer

Musician's Fixer: R. Samidurai

littlemaster1982
21st December 2011, 11:17 AM
Tracklist is mighty impressive. Why didn't they release like this in Tamil :evil:

Parthyy
21st December 2011, 11:38 AM
i think they are including possibly same BGMs in hindi track..

directhit
21st December 2011, 12:21 PM
no promos for this movie :banghead: kanda kuppa paatellaam mtv la 10 nimishathukku naalu vaati podaraan... GM :hammer:

Siv.S
21st December 2011, 02:04 PM
Tracklist is mighty impressive. Why didn't they release like this in Tamil :evil:
I think they released that in arrahman.com , i can see almost same VTV team worked for EDT.

Dost hai is Kannukkul kanne ? Phoolon jaisi ladki is Omane penne? i guess he reused these songs..

jaaze
21st December 2011, 06:23 PM
Hosanna Full Track
http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_11456489

Mahen
21st December 2011, 06:24 PM
Hosanna is horrible..very girlish :banghead:

Siv.S
21st December 2011, 07:45 PM
Audio launch in Agra

http://600024.com/gallery/zp-core/i.php?a=events/ek-deewana-tha-audio-launch&i=ek-deewana-tha-audio-launch_10.jpg&w=800&h=600&cw=&ch=&q=85&wmk=600024

Sunil_M88
23rd December 2011, 01:10 AM
A. R. Rahman at Music Launch of Ek Deewana Tha in Taj Mahal, Agra

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4WsJTaNPak

Kya Hai Mohabbat @ 1:26 :clap:

lancelot
23rd December 2011, 10:06 AM
anyone got the songs?

jaaze
23rd December 2011, 03:00 PM
EDT songs preview
http://www.arrahman.sg/ekk-deewana-tha.html

some of the songs you can hear are:

kya hai mohabbat by ARR
dost hai (kannukull hindi version by naresh iyer)
sharminda hoon (mannippaya by ARR and madhusree)
and hosanna

R.Latha
23rd December 2011, 08:10 PM
Reworking on the music meant retaining the original's essence while making a few cosmetic changes. "For the longest, I wanted to do a film with Gautham Menon. Vinnaithaandi was very successful in Tamil and Telugu. So for the Hindi remake, I decided to keep all the goodies from the original instead of overhauling it. Also, Javed sahab (Akhtar) made it possible with his wonderful lyrics." Rahman cites the instance of Aaromale (grungy acoustic guitar and trippy vocals) to illustrate how open they were to adapt. "In the original, we had kept Aaromale's Malayalam lyrics intact because that retained the song's inherent emotion and angst. We were considering of retaining it for Ekk Deewana Tha too, but opted for Hindi lyrics while keeping the hook word - Aaromale - as is."
http://www.mumbaimirror.com/article/30/20111223201112230203537954fe97ad1/%E2%80%9CI-love-to-love-and-not-just-girls%E2%80%9D.html

Sunil_M88
24th December 2011, 05:51 AM
Ekk Deewana Tha - Theatrical Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGMUoQYi4wg

Believe_it
24th December 2011, 08:01 AM
Kannukul kannai Hindi version sounds dam good :smokesmile:

Siv.S
28th December 2011, 10:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcFvod0Fhbk

Sunil_M88
31st December 2011, 07:08 PM
http://soundcloud.com/anand23

30 sec samples of ek deewana tha songs

Ramakrishna
3rd January 2012, 10:44 PM
You can listen to Kya hai mohabbat full song here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sIcaCZY1xrQ

It's beautiful.

Sunil_M88
3rd January 2012, 10:51 PM
Thanks for the link Rama

Sunil_M88
3rd January 2012, 11:03 PM
A highly moving Orchestral Jazz track in the league of Tu Bole and I've Been Waiting. The female chorus pleasantly made me revisit Malarodu Malaringu.

Sunil_M88
3rd January 2012, 11:12 PM
Sharminda Hoon (Mannipaaya) Full song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l31Rc0nMhQU&feature=relmfu

Sunil_M88
3rd January 2012, 11:19 PM
All wannabe gangsters move aside and make way for Rahman Ji :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDM-pV4gpIA&feature=relmfu

The best track of the album, the wackiest track by Rahman ji furthermore the best of hip hop to come out of India.

Than than Thalaiva :bow:

Sunil_M88
3rd January 2012, 11:22 PM
Phoolon Jaisi Ladki (omana penne) :musicsmile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoJjdokQWno&feature=relmfu
One of the better tracks wrt to lyrics. Javed Akhtar :clap:

Sunil_M88
4th January 2012, 08:37 PM
All EDT songs *HQ* uploaded on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/user/KingKhanHDSong

Parthyy
4th January 2012, 11:00 PM
All wannabe gangsters move aside and make way for Rahman Ji :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDM-pV4gpIA&feature=relmfu

The best track of the album, the wackiest track by Rahman ji furthermore the best of hip hop to come out of India.

Than than Thalaiva :bow:

:-D
Good to hear at first time itself..a lot better than tamil version

littlemaster1982
7th January 2012, 08:40 AM
Good to hear at first time itself..a lot better than tamil version

Err.. no!! I hated this hip hop version. Tamil version is much better.

Sunil_M88
16th January 2012, 03:06 PM
Ekk Deewana Tha - music review

EXPECTATIONS

One has very good expectations from Ekk Deewana Tha. The reason is simple - A.R. Rahman has composed some fantastic tunes for the original Tamil film Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa as well and there is no reason why the remake should be lagging behind. However, since unlike Rockstar there hasn't been much hype created around the musical score so far, one is also a tad apprehensive if the soundtrack would indeed meet these massive expectations. Thankfully though, all such doubts are laid to rest once you are through listening to this musically heavy album (with as many as 12 songs - all written by Javed Akhtar).

MUSIC

Ekk Deewana Tha incidentally starts with the weakest song of the enterprise, what with 'Kya Hai Mohabbat' hardly sounding like an A.R. Rahman composition. A song that questions the mystery called 'love' and almost comes across as a sad track instead of something far more passionate (which could well have been its original intent), it sees Rahman coming behind the mike himself. Sadly though, the song just fails to make any impact whatsoever.

Thankfully though there is immediate redemption in the form of a tremendous composition 'Dost Hai (Girl I Loved You)'. A perfectly paced love song with Western arrangements that has a good choice of singers in the form of Naresh Iyer, Jaspreet Jasz and Arya, this one is a Gen X number that hooks you on in the very first listening and makes you look forward to the kind of picturisation it fetches for itself. A melodic track that continues to haunt you long after it is played; it just sets Ekk Deewana Tha in the right direction.

There is a shift in mood immediately after with Alphonse crooning 'Aromale (My Beloved)', a love song which totally belongs to A.R. Rahman planet. The kind of song that he would have loved to gift to his Hollywood counterparts, it is an ideal fusion track that just gets sensibilities of Indian and Western classical together and results in a smooth flowing track. Unconventional, unpredictable and overtly smooth, 'Aromale (My Beloved)' is the kind of song that has to left in a repeat mode and forgotten.

No wonder, it is repeated as 'Broken Promises', which basically stands for the situation in the film. This one is far more rooted in appeal and with Shreya Ghoshal at the helm of affairs, you can't help but admire her form being the same girl who was singing 'Chikni Chameli' and 'Ooh Laa Laa' till very recently. Simply superb!

Ekk Deewana Tha continues to see an elevation in its 'likeability' graph with 'Hosanna' following next. A kind of number that deserves to see good popularity coming its way, 'Hosanna' reminds one of A.R. Rahman from the late 90s, early 2000s with Leon D'souza giving a very good account of himself. Boasting of some real smooth vocals, he should be heard more often in the Bollywood scheme of things. Suzanne D'mello is heard as a backup vocalists and she does her bit too to elevate the song's prospects. A beautiful love song which could well have been placed at the very beginning of the album.

Choice of unconventional vocalists continues with 'Phoolon Jaisi', what with Clinton Cerejo and Kalyani Menon as the chosen ones. A romantic number where the young boy can't help but admire beauty of the woman he loves most, it has Javed Akhtar in his elements and weaving his poetic magic. A song that flows smoothly and makes one pretty much relate to the feelings of this boy whose heart is beating for his beloved, 'Phoolon Jaisi' may not be the next hit in the offering but suits the flow of the album quite well.

Madhushree kick-starts 'Sharminda Hoon', a song about the girl feeling guilty of seeing the boy so much in love with her and pretty much in a helpless state. Yet another situational number that acts as a story telling device, its strength lies in its lyrics. Also, Rahman sounds much better as a singer in this song (when compared to Kya Hai Mohabbat) and aids in the narrative.

After a couple of situational tracks comes 'Sunlo Zara' which is the first (and only) song that has a Bollywood-ish feel to it, especially in the way it is paced and sung, especially by Shreya Ghoshal. The young woman sounds totally different from the way she did in the female version of 'Aromale' and is quite spirited in her rendition. She gets good company from Rashid Ali and Timmy (as the backup vocalist), hence ensuring that 'Sunlo Zara' comes across as just the kind of happy romantic number that one wanted by this time around.

It is back to a soft-n-smooth outing all over again with 'Zohra-Jabeen'. A soulful number that makes one totally surrender to Ekk Deewana Tha by this time, this is a Javed Ali song where the protagonist is longing for his beloved to be reunited with him. With minimal instruments in the background and the song depending entirely on Javed's control and variation as a singer, 'Zohra-Jabeen' is yet another addition to the good collection that the album has boasted of so far. What turns out to be an icing on the cake is a 150 seconds musical piece 'Moments In Kerala' which makes for a good musical interlude.

Couple of tracks that follow next are basically centred on Jessie (the name of the female character in the film). First to come is 'Jessie's Land' which is basically a three minute long humming piece by Megha who does quite well in supporting Rahman's background piece. On the other hand Sanjeev Thomas and Timmy get fast-n-ferocious with 'Jessie's Driving Me Crazy' which is an Hinglish piece where Rahman establishes the lead protagonist's state of mind quite ably. In the process this song gives this album some good conclusion and only entices you to revisit it all over again.

OVERALL

Ekk Deewana Tha is a very good album and a wholesome musical experience. Except for 'Kya Hai Mohabbat' (which ironically arrives at the very beginning of the album), rest of the album is fantastic and is a must-hear for those who swear by Rahman's score and also those who may not necessarily be bowled over by each and every work of this. Since the film basically features newcomers, the buzz around the soundtrack hasn't quite hit the roof so far. However this is the kind of soundtrack that isn't dependent on a film's run and should see a constant rise for itself.

OUR PICK(S)

Dost Hai (Girl I Loved You), Hosanna, Aromale (My Beloved), Sunlo Zara, Zohra-Jabeen

Rating: 3.5/5

source: http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/moviemicro/musiccriticreview/id/547975

SoftSword
16th January 2012, 04:10 PM
sunil, am sure its really a fountain pen u use. :)

Sunil_M88
16th January 2012, 06:59 PM
SS, the review was not by me. I'm not a good writer. Thanks anyways :)

Sunil_M88
20th January 2012, 10:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ_EUizDdOY

SoftSword
20th January 2012, 10:41 PM
looks like goutham has made amends for the sequence illogically went missing in the song in ganesh apartment :)

R.Latha
24th January 2012, 08:49 PM
Shreya Ghoshal might not have minded AR Rahman's decision to change the voice for the Hindi version of a Tamil song sung by her.

However, her fans seem to have not taken too well to this.

The song, Sharminda Hoon from Ekk Diwana Tha, sung by Madhushri was voiced by Shreya in the original Tamil film, Vinnaithaandi Varuavaaya directed by Gautham Menon. However, for its Hindi rendition Rahman chose Madhushri to sing Javed Akhtar's lyrics. And when the song was put on an online portal, the problem began. Shreya's fans started posting negative comments about Madhushri online.

"I am surprised to see such reactions. I am a very positive person. And also, I have sung many songs for Rahmanji in the past. I have even sung in Tamil. It was Rahmanji's decision to choose the singer. The comments that are pouring in are very embarrassing," said Madhushri when contacted.

"Shreya is a very good singer. There's another song in the same film that was originally sung by south Indian singer Chinmayee in the original. Rahmanji chose Shreya for the Hindi version. I don't know why I am only getting such reactions," questioned Madhushri.

In fact, there were so many hate mails that the site had to remove the posts, informed the singer.

Sunil_M88
25th January 2012, 02:47 AM
Trailer 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00HmZo3rWRo

Kumar2020
25th January 2012, 01:07 PM
hope this is true...if it is then it will be a treat for all of us....

http://www.sify.com/movies/rahman-shoots-promotional-video-for-film-news-bollywood-mbzlEdhcghg.html

but im not that sure if this is the first ever pormotional music video for a film that a.r rahman had done...now if im not mistaken,in the year 1999...a.r rahman made a promotional music video for the film 'Thakshak' for the 'Jumbalikaa' song...he was shown playing the keyboard...

and im sure for a director like gautham menon who can shoot and place a song beautifully in his movies...this should be a piece of cake for him,im sure he would be able to include the parts which a.r rahman had sung this song together with the shots for the film....just look at how he shot and included the song 'Aaromale' in 'VTV'....

Sunil_M88
4th February 2012, 08:57 PM
:thumbsup: to my gorgeous Rahman Ji ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj_qpWU_PR0

SVN
7th February 2012, 11:58 PM
To quote Madhushri, "There's another song in the same film that was originally sung by south Indian singer Chinmayee".

Why do these people have to always add a 'South Indian' tag to other artists? Are there two different Chinmayees that warrants this additional identification? I can understand if it was some un-known or up-coming artist from Chennai like Saindhavi or Suchitra. But to do that to Chinmayee, who is her peer and has also hosted popular music shows on Hindi TV channels? Is it acceptable?

I may be over-reacting to her unintentional remark, however this general attitude of Mumbai film industrywallahs is getting on my nerves. I bet she has no idea about legends like S. Janaki or Susheela! But you ask Chinmayee about Shamshad Begum, Suman Kalyanpur or even one-song wonders from Bollywood, she probably can talk about them for hours, singing from their repertoire.

ajaybaskar
14th February 2012, 01:27 PM
Gautham Menon's Ekk Deewana Thaa will have a popular ending in most of theaters while a 'directors cut' will b screened in select screens!

Ramakrishna
15th February 2012, 03:34 AM
Can't get Kya hai mohabbat off my head. Such a beautiful song. It is in the genre of Tu bole from JTYJN. I wish he makes a tamil version too.

lancelot
15th February 2012, 01:22 PM
doe anyone have a link from where i can download the songs?

SoftSword
15th February 2012, 04:35 PM
u can find in 123musiq.com

baba88
17th February 2012, 03:58 AM
Sometimes even the worst films can redeem themselves with a moment of lucidity. Just as you are struggling to make sense of Gautham Menon’s “Ekk Deewana Tha“, the heroine — in a fit of emotion — tells the hero “there is nothing here, no chemistry or anything at all. Nothing”. And just like that, she hits the nail on the head.

This almost three-hour romance is the cinematic equivalent of listening to someone scratching their nails on a blackboard. You want to pull your hair out and tell them to stop it already. Unfortunately, Menon seems to be in no mood to listen. Just when you think it’s all over, it goes on for a little bit more.

A remake of Menon’s 2010 Tamil hit “Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa“, the film tells the story of Sachin (Prateik) an aspiring film-maker who falls for his upstairs neighbour Jessie (Amy Jackson) at first sight. But Jessie is loath to return his affections, telling Sachin her conservative Christian family in Kerala wouldn’t take kindly to her falling in love with a Hindu boy.

Sachin doesn’t give up, following her all the way to her native village in Kerala, to convince her of his love. When Jessie tells him she is getting married, it seems like all is over for the couple.

Menon attempts to build a fresh, teenybopper romance, with the 80s theme of external circumstances like religion and age standing in the way of star-crossed lovers. While the idea itself isn’t new, the film could have worked with the right casting and script. But as you might have guessed by now, it has neither.

Scenes are disjointed, the film is edited haphazardly and the dialogue unintentionally funny. As for the film’s soundtrack, a couple of songs such as ‘Hosanna’ are easy on the ears but fans would expect much more from the Oscar-winning A.R. Rahman.

Adding to the mediocrity are the film’s leads — Amy Jackson looks like a rabbit caught in the headlights; scared out of her wits and doesn’t know where to look. Even in the most emotional of scenes, you don’t feel for her character. For that matter, you don’t feel for Prateik’s character either. He needs acting classes and needs them badly — Smita Patil‘s genes don’t seem to be kicking in. Someone needs to tell him that spreading arms wide and jumping in the air doesn’t constitute acting.

Unless you are a huge Prateik or Amy fan or want to test your patience, I suggest you give “Ekk Deewana Tha” a wide berth.

baba88
17th February 2012, 03:59 AM
Gautham Menon’s Hindi remake of the Tamil film, Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa is definitely not the best pick this weekend, going by the first half of the film. Our reviewer who is currently watching the film texted us during the interval saying that Ekk Deewana Tha starring Prateik and Amy Jackson has no quirks, no twists or turns. It’s a just a blah love story so far. All that Prateik does in the first half is stalk his lady love who is all set to get married to the boy of her parents’ choice.

Ekk Deewana Tha lacks the pace and the cuteness quotient a love story normally has. Although Prateik’s cool hip hop movements and Amy’s clothes are a visual delight, the story itself seems quite bland and boring. So much so that you don’t even feel excited about what’s going to happen next. Let’s hope the second half has something better to offer and isn’t a further let down. Watch this space for our full review on the film.

SoftSword
17th February 2012, 04:36 AM
uttutthallunga gvm...
hindhi pasanga innum andhalavu valarala...

Mahen
17th February 2012, 05:17 AM
Menon attempts to build a fresh, teenybopper romance, with the 80s theme of external circumstances like religion and age standing in the way of star-crossed lovers. While the idea itself isn’t new, the film could have worked with the right casting and script. But as you might have guessed by now, it has neither.

80s theme ah?? WTF?obviously he has no freaking idea whats happening around him..I have seen similar comments from Northies who have watched VTV too..
Dont they know that caste and religion problem still exists? My future BIL is a delhi guy..HE said many parents are against the idea of marrying ppl from different religion and caste..In fact he even said south indians are more open minded..

Realistic-aa kathai narrate panna, theyll find mistakes :banghead: They still prefer Johar's fantasy lovuu stories..

Watching EDTtomorrow :) from the trailers i know it will not be good as VTV..Casting Amy jackson is the biggest mistake imo

NOV
17th February 2012, 06:21 AM
IMO, VTV itself is a sumaar padam....

Mahen
17th February 2012, 08:03 AM
VTV must be experienced not just watch it :)

Roshan
17th February 2012, 02:16 PM
I very much knew this will not work with Hindi audience. They are much into fairy-tale stuff and these kind of realistic things will never work. Good lesson for GVM.

San_K
17th February 2012, 03:27 PM
IMO, VTV itself is a sumaar padam....

+1 and add VA too but one should agree both are musical treats

SoftSword
17th February 2012, 04:04 PM
Casting Amy jackson is the biggest mistake imo

agree.

btw, all my north indian friends, close to 7 guys... who hav watched VTV tamil with subtitles loved it and did not stop with one time watch...
they even started sharing songs on fb.

NOV
17th February 2012, 07:06 PM
+1 and add VA too but one should agree both are musical treats:shock: VA is a classic when compared with VTV... :roll:
and as for songs VA songs ARE the benchmark for all future GVM movies.
ARR couldn't match it, lets see if IR can.

SoftSword
17th February 2012, 07:22 PM
:) :)

ajaybaskar
17th February 2012, 07:27 PM
:):):)

Mahen
17th February 2012, 08:13 PM
control mahen..control urself :) :) :) :)

Roshan
17th February 2012, 08:39 PM
hahaha .. :D

Mahen
18th February 2012, 09:15 AM
i have decided to skip EDT..Dont wish to see a classic being massacred on screen

lydayaxobia493
18th February 2012, 10:17 AM
:shock: VA is a classic when compared with VTV... :roll:

Naan ithai vanmaiyaga kandikkiren my lord...:smokesmile:

A.ANAND
19th February 2012, 07:45 PM
padam ethirpaatha mathiri miga sirappaga hindi-la manna kavviruchu pola!appave sonnen naan.worst of time n money making this movie in hindi!naala venum gauthamukku!

Parthyy
20th February 2012, 07:10 AM

As far songs concerned..ARR's+kalaprabhu's Sakkarakatti songs >>>Harris +GVM's VA
no need of VTV here .as VA songs soon faded out as much it got catchy.IMO
Taxi,Marudhaani,eppothu pennanaen ellaam gems.BTW album is total package.

Arvind Srinivasan
20th February 2012, 10:50 AM
basically I feel there is an issue of translation when it comes to remaking films from south to north.....Guess EDT also suffers the same....

SoftSword
20th February 2012, 04:00 PM
wanted, gajini'nu inga irundhu pora kadhaigal ellaam epdi hit panraanunga...
oru velai masala rasanai ellaa pakkamum orae madhiri dhaano...

Mahen
20th February 2012, 06:03 PM
http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/trade/top5/id/836/date/2012-02-20

:ashamed:

genesis
21st February 2012, 01:14 AM
Kadhalukku Mariyadhai was a flop in Telugu and Hindi... which was super duper hit in Malayalam and Tamil. Similarly VTV did not do that well in Telugu (The hero was main drag in Telugu version). EDT was destined to be a flop from the beginning. No surprise!!

ajaybaskar
21st February 2012, 11:24 AM
Who said YMC was not a hit in Telugu? It was one of the biggest hits of that year.

A.ANAND
21st February 2012, 01:33 PM
Who said YMC was not a hit in Telugu? It was one of the biggest hits of that year.

yes!filmfare award kuda kedachathe thalavarukku!

SoftSword
21st February 2012, 01:50 PM
adhellaam apdithaan oru poiya factnu sollittu neraya peru poiraanga...
apram inga 10 peru sandai pottukkuvaanga... latest trend...

ajaybaskar
21st February 2012, 01:53 PM
Budget: 10 C
Revenue: 22 C

Hit or Flop?

groucho070
21st February 2012, 02:00 PM
control mahen..control urself :) :) :) :)enakku ithellam biasak agiduchu.

SoftSword
21st February 2012, 02:19 PM
Budget: 10 C
Revenue: 22 C

Hit or Flop?

disaster.

A.ANAND
21st February 2012, 09:18 PM
enakku ithellam biasak agiduchu.

suriya nadicha padama iruntha paranthu paranthu B.O report kuduparu!suriya padam flop innu yaarachum sonna
'delete with warning'illa 'banned'!!!

A.ANAND
21st February 2012, 11:33 PM
"We Are Riding On Rahman's Shoulders" says Gautam Menon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-IvDUykZgQ

Benny Lava
8th March 2012, 09:23 PM

haha.. VA, very sweet songs, but easy'a salichu poga koodiya album. It is a very good album nevertheless, but it cannot be listened to very frequently.. it starts sounding stale pretty quick! Whereas VTV is an album which springs your mood to life every time you listen to it. ARR's brilliant orchestration and subtle nuances in the compositions ensures that you are never bored of it. True class! :thumbsup: