PDA

View Full Version : Bollywood flicks discussion lounge

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

P_R
1st February 2011, 04:38 PM
Unintentionally funny-mbaingalE.

:?
It was a 'slightly off' character and it didn't feel odd to me.

Reminded me of Black - which I liked a lot.

kid-glove
1st February 2011, 04:49 PM
Black'la kuda sila scenes punny'a irunch. Advanced stage of Schizo'lam nenaithu parkavE :lol:

Nerd
3rd February 2011, 07:43 PM
Dhobi Ghat - Lovely filmmaking. One of those films which is completely obscure with lots of open ends left for the audience to interpret. Some films make us think and connect the dots and for some others we just don't bother. Dhobi Ghat is of the first kind. Excellent imagery / symbolism and character development. And the way she subtly uses props and even the rain as a plot element to intertwine the four central characters is certainly not what I expected from an amateur director. Kiran Rao certainly knows what she is doing. And excellent acting by the ensemble cast with Prateek Babbar topping the list. I still have not got the point of the film but that is not going to stop me from raving about this.

On the downside the film moves at a very slow pace (understandably so) and the first few minutes are very underwhelming. Before the film starts there was this triubute to Aamir Khan productions :lol2: Anyway one of the better films from the out-of-form Bolly. With 7 kolai releasing in a couple of weeks, things can only get better :D

kid-glove
4th February 2011, 11:41 AM
Actually my reaction to Sofia Coppola's 'Somewhere' (that BRangan uses to compare Kiran Rao's work in his blog) was somewhat similar. Even if there's very less of plot (I understand her scripts don't cross 60 pages) in 'Somewhere', you are drawn to the mood (which is out there 'somewhere', hence the title I suppose). I'm sure there is more to chew in Dhobi with lot more characters (in Somewhere, you have just two, and perhaps three, if you include the chateaux house) and it's promising to see 'character development' being mentioned here (for the trailer suggests very little). In 'Somewhere', there's a subtle development (That doesn't seem 'cinematic', very Antonioni/WKW-esque in this respect) which seems pronounced for the character, a film celebrity.

I'll probably download this. Yeah, I await '7 Kills' than any other Bolly release this year.

Sarna
4th February 2011, 11:44 AM
Dabangg - pala class kuppai'galukku naduvil oru nalla masala :2thumbsup:

kid-glove
4th February 2011, 11:46 AM
Do Dhoni chaar - Can't stand this V-O, stopped half way. Will complete later.

P_R
4th February 2011, 12:42 PM
Coppola அம்மணியுடைய Lost in Translation எல்லாம் தியேட்டர்ல பார்த்து ஆதரவு தெரிவிச்சேன். நம்பிக்கை தெரிவிக்க முடியலை.

kid-glove
4th February 2011, 06:03 PM
While Somehwere seems like a follow-up to LiT thematically, it sucks out the obvious joys of LiT. And as I mention, quite sparse in narrative terms.

ajaybaskar
4th February 2011, 06:06 PM
Coppola அம்மணியுடைய Lost in Translation எல்லாம் தியேட்டர்ல பார்த்து ஆதரவு தெரிவிச்சேன். நம்பிக்கை தெரிவிக்க முடியலை.

She was the one who acted in Godfather 3 as Michael's daughter, right?

Plum
4th February 2011, 06:38 PM
saath khoon maaf innikkA aduththa vAramA?

kid-glove
4th February 2011, 07:52 PM
saath khoon maaf innikkA aduththa vAramA?

After two weeks, 18 Feb.

She was the one who acted in Godfather 3 as Michael's daughter, right?

Yes. Let's just say acting isn't one of her talents.

AravindMano
6th February 2011, 09:37 AM
Dhobi Ghat. Very good :clap: Richly layered - cutting across artists and their muses, the social specturm and Mumbai. Very beautifully realized film.

Prateik Babbar, come on :clap: After all pulikku piRathandhu.

And what a great score!

jinju
13th February 2011, 07:30 AM
half an hour of Action Replayy (wonder what's with the extra 'y'?) in Star Gold yesterday. eppdi thaan yosikkraangalo...a "re-introducing Aditya Roy Kapoor" (what the heck does that mean!) is fed up with the frequent quarreling of his parents played by Akshay Kumar n Aish Rai, and goes back to 1975 via a time machine so that he can fix their faltering romance in the bud itself:banghead: ukkaarndhu yosippaangalo?!:roll:as if the wonderful storyline and fabulous acting wasn't enuff, a couple of songs appear in the first 30 mins that's an absolute disgrace to what we call as music! God bless those souls who endured it in theater!

Ilayathalapathy Fan
14th February 2011, 06:44 AM
Finally saw dabangggg salman salman salman he has done a deadly job fantastic movie everything rocks in the film..... even the songs :D Rating: 4/5 :D

Prabo
15th February 2011, 07:44 PM
Band Baaja Barat - Surprisingly the movie is good, may be because of lead pairs performance:cool2: Anushka Sharma :tongueout:

Mahen
17th February 2011, 11:19 AM
Udaan :sigh: Intha padama critics aha oho-nu sonnaga..The daddy character was very cinematic :banghead:

ajaybaskar
17th February 2011, 11:30 AM
Finally saw dabangggg salman salman salman he has done a deadly job fantastic movie everything rocks in the film..... even the songs :D Rating: 4/5 :D

Being a class and neutral fan, i very well expected you to love this movie, dear. Check out break ke baad. You'l love it too..

Siv.S
17th February 2011, 01:44 PM
:lol: :lol2:

SoftSword
17th February 2011, 04:51 PM
Being a class and neutral fan, i very well expected you to love this movie, dear. Check out break ke baad. You'l love it too..

:shock:
ajay.. are u makin fun?
all these days i thougth dabangg is a classic.

Mahen
17th February 2011, 05:38 PM
dabang oru kuppai padam..for the first time, i walked out of theater half way through...Singam ellam masterpiece-nga compared to dabang

ajaybaskar
17th February 2011, 05:46 PM
Mahen,

Your taste has deteriorated. Enhance it, buddy :D

Mahen
17th February 2011, 07:42 PM
Mahen,

Your taste has deteriorated. Enhance it, buddy :D

Not sure if ur being serious or sarcastic :) u liked dabang? :shock:

littlemaster1982
17th February 2011, 09:01 PM
Mahen,

That was a sarcastic post, but the sarcasm was not directed towards you :)

raghavendran
17th February 2011, 09:17 PM

:lol:...avar Dabangguku thrd open pannama irukkare...santhosam:lol2:

ajaybaskar
17th February 2011, 09:44 PM
all these days i thougth dabangg is a classic.

It is a classic, Softy.

U can watch the movie just for the climax alone, where Salman aka Chulbul Pandey flexes his muscle and his underwear* just tears off. Clint Eastwood wanted to remake the movie but Sallu refused to give the rights to Eastwood. He believes that the film deserves a better price than what CE had quoted.

*Fortunately, a vest in this case.

SoftSword
17th February 2011, 09:50 PM
i hav not watched dabang yet, i was thinking if i am not matured enough to understand and appreciate a class movie..
once i was tempted to watch it as it was the only nice print available with subtitles... but i went for UP...

Ilayathalapathy Fan
18th February 2011, 12:19 AM
compared to the type of mass masala films in tamil that we get i thought it was much better.

Mahen
18th February 2011, 05:14 AM
Mahen,

That was a sarcastic post, but the sarcasm was not directed towards you :)
oh ok :lol2:

compared to the type of mass masala films in tamil that we get i thought it was much better.
:banghead:

kid-glove
18th February 2011, 11:04 AM
Singam madhiri kodumai-ya illaina OK..

Mahen
18th February 2011, 11:25 AM

if singam is kodumai, then dabang is kodumaix2 :lol2: Dabang=siruthai imo..

VB's latest film review..Taran gave 3*, one belongs to Priyanka
http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/movies/review/14249/index.html

jinju
18th February 2011, 11:31 AM
if singam is kodumai, then dabang is kodumaix2 :lol2: Dabang=siruthai imo..

VB's latest film review..Taran gave 3*, one belongs to Priyanka
http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/movies/review/14249/index.html

indha ulagam innuma indha aal mela nambikkai vechirukkaanga! how much did he give for dabangg, any idea? my guess is it shud b higher than 3

Mahen
18th February 2011, 11:35 AM
indha ulagam innuma indha aal mela nambikkai vechirukkaanga! how much did he give for dabangg, any idea? my guess is it shud b higher than 3

cant remember..but he was raving abt dabang :lol2:

jinju
18th February 2011, 11:40 AM
cant remember..but he was raving abt dabang :lol2:

got it...:-D

Ratings:4.5/5 Reviewer:Taran Adarsh Site:BollywoodHungama

Nerd
18th February 2011, 04:44 PM
Most critics have panned 7KM. I thought of watching it tomorrow :(

SoftSword
18th February 2011, 05:07 PM

kid whats ur idea abt cheetah?

ajaybaskar
18th February 2011, 05:28 PM
Cheetah kodumaier than lion

SoftSword
18th February 2011, 05:34 PM
exactly.. lion edho mabbula poi ukkandhadhala pasangaloda galaatta pannitte poiduchu... adhum anushka'va censor vera... :evil:
aana avlo thookki vechu aadra alavu enna irundhadhunu enakku therila... not even a single sequence beyond hari formula...
but cheetah... namma porumaya sodhichiruchu...

adhu sari... yaen indha madhiri ellaam peru vekkiraanga... veetla comedya irukkadhu.... oru payyan police aana avan singam innoru payyan police aana avan sirutthai'nu :)

Sarna
18th February 2011, 07:11 PM
Most critics have panned 7KM. I thought of watching it tomorrow :(

trailor paakkumbOdhu, "Frida" padaththOda xerox maadhiri theriyudhu.

Sarna
18th February 2011, 07:20 PM
Nerd, frida'voda copy/inspiration'a iruppin, Salma hayke maadhiri dhaaraalamaa namma priyanka nadichchiruppaangalaa ?

Nerd
18th February 2011, 07:27 PM
Nerd, frida'voda copy/inspiration'a iruppin, Salma hayke maadhiri dhaaraalamaa namma priyanka nadichchiruppaangalaa ?

I think this is from a novel. I have not seen Frida (except some important scenes :lol: ) Anyway mixed reviews so far, might watch it in the weekend.

Sarna
18th February 2011, 07:33 PM
nerd, frida padaththula oru kilukiluppaana kalakkal song+dance irukku....7KM var'ra oru song'la music, dance, even costumes kooda frida padaththula var'ra kilukiluppaana song'a resemble aagudhu.... even the trailor shown intimate scenes between priyanka and different age groups guys resemble frida.

kid-glove
20th February 2011, 03:42 AM
Dhobi Ghat - Worth seeing.

P_R
21st February 2011, 12:00 PM
Saat Khoon Maaf
:-( Bharadhwajar kavuthuttaar...

Sloppy sloppy writing is the culprit.

Several wonderful scenes, hilarious moments very impressive acting - master director
Weak writing. For some time it is fable fantasy, then the film wants to be taken seriously, then it is a self confessed 'madhouse', then back to sendiment - :-(

Even as a director I felt the picturization of the Rock songs (O Mama and a dil dil hai dil hai dil dil hai) were quite ordinary.
Ordinary level make up, graphics but what's killing it is abominably superficial writing :-(

Priyanka Chopra has of course left the competition far far behind. :bow:

edhukkum oru thadavai ellArum paathurunga

kid-glove
21st February 2011, 12:48 PM
Do they play with subtitles eh? :lol2:

P_R
21st February 2011, 01:04 PM
No. I am LCD TV Devikala. Perhaps in sachyam they may have.
oru sila urdu poems thavira oru maadhiri summaaraa purinch.

kid-glove
21st February 2011, 01:06 PM
Yeah, I might have to try Sathyam (I know they play with subs on all thursdays.)

Plum
21st February 2011, 02:48 PM
Baradwajar kavuthuttArA? :(
PiriyamAna chOplAngi apdi oNNum perusA kizhichadhA reviews illaiyE? But the competition is Kareena, Deepika thandavakOnE(:hattip: Bala Karthik but then, do I need to? Who else can give this nickname?) etc so Feeyar might still be right.

Ruskin Bond story ellAm generalAvE fullA padichA kUda, 4 imagekku mEla mindla varAdhu. sari ivaru periya thillAlangadi AchE epdiyAvadhu thEthiduvArnu pArthEn...

SarnA, now revive that bollywood vs kollywood thread
GM in UEU: ippO pudingadA pArkalAm

Sarna
21st February 2011, 03:10 PM
plum, enna vachchu onnum comedy-geemady pannalayE :roll:

btw, naan kEtta kElvikku yaarumE badhil sollala... frida vs 7km.

worldmap'la illaadha countries'la release aagura padangalayum paakkura kid-glove kooda answer panna maattEnguraar.

kid-glove
21st February 2011, 03:31 PM
Thanks for the backhanded compliment, but really I should have seen both the films to pass a serious comment. As Plum says, it's adapted from Ruskin Bond's short fiction. Frida, I believe, is inspired from a true story. I can't get my mind around the connection really.

Sarna
21st February 2011, 03:37 PM
adhenna backhanded ? edhanaa ketta vaarththayaa ?

wordweb'a try panna, ambiguous'nu varudhu.... adhukku meaning ennannu paaththaa equivocal'nu varudhu.

Plum
21st February 2011, 03:48 PM
sarna, backhanded compliment is roughly equivalent to vanja pugazhchi.
Frida was, as Kid says a true story. She was a puratchi thalaivi in mexico and since it is a more permissive samudhAyam, her puratchi was well rounded in all facets which is what you saw in the movie.
This one is based on a short story by Ruskin Bond - Seven Husbands of Susanna. andha storyE 5-6 pages dhAn. nInga kasa musA scene mattum compare paNNi avasarapattu mudivukku vandhudAdhInga.

Sarna
21st February 2011, 04:01 PM
thanks plum for explaining.

kidglove, அது வஞ்சபுகழ்ச்சி அல்ல. புகழாப்புகழ்ச்சி :)

P_R
21st February 2011, 04:25 PM
Frida is a biopic based on the life of Frida Kahlo and her relationships (her husband was the firebrand painter Diego Riviera who painted the famous mural in Rockefeller center in to which he inserted Lenin's face - nee naan sivam). 7 KM-kum adhukkum sammandham kidaiyAdhu.

Darling paatu paathuttu lookandfeelnu solreenga pola. Nothing so much like that.

btw there is one hilarious scene about plagiarism in the movie.

Several outrageously good sequences which only Vishalji fossible. Totally deserves its A certification :lol:

P_R
21st February 2011, 04:26 PM
This one is based on a short story by Ruskin Bond - Seven Husbands of Susanna. andha storyE 5-6 pages dhAn. Oh padichurukkeeyaLA?

BondE oru idathula varraapla.

Plum
21st February 2011, 04:35 PM
Oh Storyaiyum sErthyu khoon paNNittu padathulEyE BOndukkitta maafi kEttuttArA?

Plum
21st February 2011, 04:36 PM
eppOvO chinna vayasula padichadhu. oNyum puriyala appO and remember only vaguely now. Ruskin Bond was always a challenge - it was very tough to form pictures in the mind and hence he was a tough read always

kid-glove
21st February 2011, 04:42 PM
Surprising how VB got it so wrong after adapting Bond's TBU superapuly. Perhaps the original short story lacks the bite?

Plum
21st February 2011, 04:48 PM
Original story is quite plain if I remember right(either that or I didnt get the nuances then. It is just one event after another with her disposing one after another with a description of how)

P_R
21st February 2011, 04:57 PM
The charm of half-formed visuals when reading a shortstory and the unpleasantness of its vividity in reality (screen) is BR's diagnosis.

KV
23rd February 2011, 08:00 PM
The charm of half-formed visuals when reading a shortstory and the unpleasantness of its vividity in reality (screen) is BR's diagnosis.

That's a fine line of thought from BR. VB sets up the platform quite well - an ensemble of capable performers; rich, european-style cottage/church for backdrop - but then misses out on the key ingredient, electrifying on-screen drama, the flagship of VB’s auteur tag.
As the credits began to roll, I sat in my seat with Maqbool’s ‘foretelling by the witches’ scene playing in my mind - the clarity and brilliance in visualization and the intensity of adaptation – and then left the hall, disappointed with the contrasting scratch-the-surface 7KM experience.
Get back to Shakespeare siginor VB! (And dump SRK for goodness’ sake!)

Mahen
24th February 2011, 10:40 AM
might watch tanu weds Manu tomorrow :)

Nerd
25th February 2011, 07:46 PM
Band Baaja Barat - Surprisingly the movie is good, may be because of lead pairs performance:cool2: Anushka Sharma :tongueout:

Band Baajaa Baaraat - I am a sucker for such films so I loved it. But the half hour surrounding the interval is some of the best filmmaking I have seen in recent times. It is even more surprising to find it in a Yash Raj film. It has the most exquisitely well shot drunk kiss scene. Most definitely recommended.

Thought nobody posted about this in hub :oops:

Seen half of it, terrific so far. Sparkling dialogues and who is that hero dude? Excellent for a new comer.

Ilayathalapathy Fan
25th February 2011, 10:03 PM
Banda Baja Baarat is one of the best movies of 2010 :)

Nerd
28th February 2011, 02:03 AM
The film was very convenient and entirely predictable but was neat. Thanks to the fantastic dialogues and the lead actors' performance.

groucho070
1st March 2011, 08:20 AM
Watched second half of Dhrona. I should come here often for warnings.:sad: Antha aalukku nadippu varathunu yen ivanunggalukku puriya mattenguthu? cheh!

ajithfederer
1st March 2011, 08:33 AM
The added.. (www.netflix.com)

Banda Baja Baarat is one of the best movies of 2010 :)

AudazJay
1st March 2011, 10:11 AM
Watched second half of Dhrona. I should come here often for warnings.:sad: Antha aalukku nadippu varathunu yen ivanunggalukku puriya mattenguthu? cheh!
LOL! Zee Variasi-last Saturday? I made the same mistake too :banghead:

VENKIRAJA
1st March 2011, 10:28 AM
LSD.
Perusa onniyum illaye. :huh: Movie of the year? :shock:

Plum
1st March 2011, 10:51 AM
LOL! Zee Variasi-last Saturday? I made the same mistake too :banghead:

Avar call sheet kedaichchA, appappO Appa and poNdAtti call sheet ilavasa iNaippA kedaikka vAippirukku. So, basically, producers and directors look at it as an investment for the future :-)

Drona was by his school days buddy. You might not know the director feller but you'd know his wife.

groucho070
1st March 2011, 11:32 AM
Yar antha wife-u?

Mahen
1st March 2011, 11:50 AM
Sonali Bendre (kadhalar dhinam fame)

groucho070
1st March 2011, 12:01 PM
Oh okay, thanks. Did she had a career in Hindi films, before she was snapped up.

Plum
1st March 2011, 12:04 PM
If you can call that a career. Much like, say, Kasturi in tamil. She was in a few films - sometimes as the only heroine, sometimes part of a multi-heroine. Whatever the movie was, her role was to sing, dance, show skin, and - sometimes - look elegant and set hearts aflutter.

P_R
1st March 2011, 03:20 PM
If you can call that a career. Much like, say, Kasturi in tamil.
:hammer: Parallel solradhula oru nyAya dharmam vENdAm.

- sometimes - look elegant and set hearts aflutter.
:x enga sangathalaivar Compfli varattum...

littlemaster1982
1st March 2011, 03:22 PM
I expected PR here :lol:

P_R
1st March 2011, 03:30 PM
ennikkAvadhu Anahat pOduvAingangradhukkaaga appoppo Marathi channel ellAm tv-la puratti paarthukkuvEn :noteeth:

complicateur
1st March 2011, 03:43 PM
Vanmayaana kaNdanam to this Sonali disrespect. AvangaLa azhagukkum arivukkum enga eppadi irukka vENdiyavanga!??!

Plum
1st March 2011, 04:33 PM
avainga indhi career Tamizhla Kasturi career rangekku dhAnE irundhudhu? azhagu - yes, comparison with kasthuri would be disrespect. aRivu- kasthuri BBC Mastermind quarterfinalist?

BTW, I like the other Sonali. And check Marathi channels for the odd Gabrischa Paus etc

Anahat enna mAdhiriyAna padam.

ajaybaskar
1st March 2011, 04:42 PM
Nalla padamthaanga..

Plum
1st March 2011, 04:49 PM
BTW, can someone link latest photos of Bendre madam for Compfli and Pfeeyar's benefit?

P_R
1st March 2011, 05:16 PM
aRivu- kasthuri BBC Mastermind quarterfinalist?
Chandru: அதுக்காக?
Subbiah: அதுக்காக?

BTW, I like the other Sonali. இந்த 'thinking man's pin-up girl' அப்பிடிங்கற expressionஐ பத்தி நீங்க என்ன நினைக்கிறீங்க. பொதுவா தபு, நந்திதா தாஸ் அவிங்களையெல்லாம் இந்த பட்டியல்ல சேர்க்குறது. இவைஞளும் அந்த categoryல ஒரு முனைப்பு காட்டுறதா தெரியுது. இதையும், அதையும் போட்டு குழப்பிக்கக்கூடாது.

And check Marathi channels for the odd Gabrischa Paus etc புரிஞ்சிட்டாலும். தெலுங்கு, மலையாளமே ஓரளவுக்குத்தான் புரியுது.

Anahat enna mAdhiriyAna padam. Historical by Amol Palekar. National reward range. Ammini performance was much appreciated. Feminisaum also.

Plum
1st March 2011, 05:55 PM
புரிஞ்சிட்டாலும். தெலுங்கு, மலையாளமே ஓரளவுக்குத்தான் புரியுது.

I mean, I check. oru 4-5 times pArthA incrementalA puriyum. apdiyE languageai kaththukalAm. apdiyE maththa padam pArthuralAm. ipdi thAn nAn Malayalam, Telugu kaththukittEn.

இந்த 'thinking man's pin-up girl' அப்பிடிங்கற expressionஐ பத்தி நீங்க என்ன நினைக்கிறீங்க. பொதுவா தபு, நந்திதா தாஸ் அவிங்களையெல்லாம் இந்த பட்டியல்ல சேர்க்குறது. இவைஞளும் அந்த categoryல ஒரு முனைப்பு காட்டுறதா தெரியுது. இதையும், அதையும் போட்டு குழப்பிக்கக்கூடாது
Incidentally, I like all 3 yA :-). Oru thinking manA irundhu yOsichA dhAn ungaLukku puriyum :-)

raghavendran
3rd March 2011, 09:08 AM
Attracting ample baaraatis

March 2, 2011 - 12:09 IST

Three obsessions. Cricket. Bollywood. Marriage. Not in that order, though… Let me explain. Indians adore cricket. Love movies and worship movie stars. And spend all their savings on marriages. The other day, a prominent film-maker told me that TANU WEDS MANU was sure to be a success because it got the formula right. The promotion/marketing was perfect, the music had caught on and the subject material [the journey from strangers to dulha-dulhan] had all the trappings to appeal to the traditional Indian audience.

In December last year, Yash Raj's BAND BAAJA BAARAAT [one of the best films of 2010, in my opinion] emerged a success story for various reasons. Of course, the contribution by its lead cast [Ranveer, Anushka] as also the musical score [Salim-Sulaiman] cannot be ignored, but more than anything else, the solid content did all the talking when the film hit the screens. BAND BAAJA BAARAAT had a slow start at the ticket window, but the tremendous word of mouth lured the audiences in hordes, despite major opposition in that particular week as well as during the subsequent weeks.

Now TANU WEDS MANU seems to be chartering a similar path. The morning and noon shows on Friday ranged from modest/decent [North India] to below average, but by evening, the trends were evident: The business was moving Northwards. The positive word of mouth was slowly and gradually translating into box-office numbers and the film posted a healthy Rs. 3.26 cr on Day 1. The question was, would it sustain on Day 2 [Saturday]? Or trip and fall [most films slide downwards on Saturday]? Or gross better figures?

TANU WEDS MANU grossed a remarkable Rs. 4.33 cr on Saturday, with North India [Delhi-U.P. and Punjab] contributing the best figures. In fact, a lot many people were skeptical of its performance in North [despite the Punjabi flavor in the film] since Madhavan is no crowd puller in these circuits, but the show-wise increase proved the naysayers wrong. In fact, the Delhi-U.P. distributor [Ginni Arts], who acquired the film two days prior to its release, must be jumping with joy over their right decision.

The film fell on Sunday evening due to the crucial cricket match between India and England. Yet, despite a strong opponent, TANU WEDS MANU fetched Rs. 3.66 cr on Day 3 [better than Friday figures], taking the 3-day total to approx. Rs. 11.25 cr nett, which is very good for a mid-bud film that comes at a time when the World Cup fever has caught on.

Now let's discuss the economics of TANU WEDS MANU. The producers sold the film to Viacom18 for 11 cr and the company incurred an additional cost of Rs. 6.5 cr on P & A, taking the total cost to Rs. 17.5 cr. Thanks to its popular music and attractive promos, Viacom18 sold the film to various territory distributors, collecting Rs. 7.25 cr in the process. Plus, the company sold the Satellite Rights for Rs. 7.5 cr, besides selling its Music Rights + Home Video for Rs. 1 cr. Which means, Viacom18 had already recovered approx. Rs. 15.75 cr before the release of the film. Viacom18 is distributing the film in Mumbai city-suburbs, Thane and Maharashtra and also in the Overseas territory. At the rate the film is faring, recovering the balance amount [Rs. 1.75 cr] from these circuits would be a cakewalk for the company. In fact, one expects a 20%-25% profit on the invested amount in the first cycle of exploitation itself.

TANU WEDS MANU enjoys a virtual monopoly in the coming days. With no major release till 1 April, the film is expected to enjoy ample shows at plexes and the undivided attention of the movie-going audience. Let's hope the cricket matches don't spoil the party!
http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/trade/business_talk/index.html

P_R
3rd March 2011, 02:23 PM
I mean, I check. oru 4-5 times pArthA incrementalA puriyum. apdiyE languageai kaththukalAm. apdiyE maththa padam pArthuralAm. ipdi thAn nAn Malayalam, Telugu kaththukittEn. Ok. Ever so slight incremental understand irukkura maadhiri irukku. Particularly when watching continuously.

Incidentally, I like all 3 yA :-). Oru thinking manA irundhu yOsichA dhAn ungaLukku puriyum :-) Hello. Naanum thinkerunga. I am saying, adhu vERa idhu vERa. azhagu 'ngradhu enna naa...

Plum
3rd March 2011, 02:25 PM
not like that. enakku pirichchu pArkara avasiyam irukkaRadhA theriyalai. azhagu is azhagu is azhagu, no?

P_R
3rd March 2011, 02:35 PM
அகத்தின் அழகு முகத்தில் தெரியின் ங்கற மாதிரி ஏதாவது சொல்றதா இருந்தா சொல்லிருங்க. நான் இப்பிடியே போயிர்றேன்.

Dilbert
4th March 2011, 12:30 AM
Dhoobi ghaat Very depressing stuff man !

AravindMano
4th March 2011, 08:05 AM
No One Killed Jessica. Good, liked it more that what I expected to. It's great to see Rani back on screen. :clap: Both the girls have done well. Forgiving the rage-of-the-public and similar such overdone scenes, quite a good attempt.

BGM romba edhirpAththuttEn pOla. Could distinctly hear a short PudhupEttai BGM piece. EllAm orE loop pOla!

Plum
5th March 2011, 02:59 PM
அகத்தின் அழகு முகத்தில் தெரியின் ங்கற மாதிரி ஏதாவது சொல்றதா இருந்தா சொல்லிருங்க. நான் இப்பிடியே போயிர்றேன்.

ipO Kulkarni poNNu nejamAvE azhagillaingaRIngaLA? Vonly Thinking Man vengala kiNNamngaRIngaLA?

ajaybaskar
8th March 2011, 12:08 PM
Is TWM a remake material?

P_R
8th March 2011, 12:55 PM
ipO Kulkarni poNNu nejamAvE azhagillaingaRIngaLA? Vonly Thinking Man vengala kiNNamngaRIngaLA? The other Sonali is peer gold. In comparison vengaLa kiNNam dhaanE. Ever so mild ஆத்தா பல் ஏன் அப்பிடி இருக்கு ? feel.

அவிஞளுக்கு Manjari Phadnis போன்ற வளரும் கலைஞர்களை ஆதரிக்கலாம் :mrgreen:

Plum
8th March 2011, 01:51 PM
mhmm.. we are in completely different planes of beety appreciation. ungaLukku poNNu pArkka ennai dhairyamA anuppalAm. ponnondru kandEnnu nAn pAdinA, you can blindly rejeet :lol:

Plum
8th March 2011, 04:16 PM
Maybe this is the correct place to post this - Congrats and good luck to Compfli!

complicateur
10th March 2011, 02:45 PM
Thanks Plum. I will be reviewing more Hindi Films. My comments section will be available for outrage.

kid-glove
12th March 2011, 08:37 PM
Killer (even if succinct) segment on Shabana in CNN-IBN. Here's someone who took her craft seriously :clap: Amazing clarity as she gives a short glimpse of 'process', and 'transformation'.

raghavendran
22nd March 2011, 05:54 PM
Tanu Weds Manu
its a good film..good performance from Madhavan,foot tapping numbers,great milieu makes the movie a 1 time watch..we have seen these stories for far too long now..they should change the template..

ajaybaskar
22nd March 2011, 06:04 PM
Mokkapadamngradha evlo decent'ah solraan paarunga.. :-)

raghavendran
22nd March 2011, 07:10 PM
:ashamed: :mrgreen:

Nerd
25th March 2011, 09:06 PM
Such a lame teaser for Ra-one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZShyG3kZvc

Shangar :bow:

Mahen
12th April 2011, 10:53 AM
Band Baaja Barat :bow: simple,nice and well written

ajaybaskar
12th April 2011, 10:54 AM
Such a lame teaser for Ra-one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZShyG3kZvc

Shangar :bow:

Anubhav Sinhavellam Shankar kooda compare pannikittu.. :hammer:

Plum
12th April 2011, 01:49 PM
Ra-One trailer is really :rotfl:.
charukesi aNNan(ubayam venkkiram) apdi othai kaiya carla vechukittu spiderman posela car bonnetla ukkArRadhu :rotfl3:

arthi2780
12th April 2011, 02:12 PM
Watching the teaser of Ra-One, I have a feeling that it would be filmed like the "low budget" Japanese Vampire flick, where the most advanced graphic instrument used is a rope and the artists are pulled from building to building, tree to tree, car to car ....
Rest is to see how SRK wins (once again) re-making his own hits.

complicateur
16th April 2011, 09:51 AM
Thoughts on Anees Bazmee's Thank You (http://bit.ly/gnk5uW). Not as EKSI as I expected!

complicateur
23rd April 2011, 12:01 PM
Dum Maaro Dum Review for the Indian Express - http://expressbuzz.com/entertainment/reviews/dum-maaro-dum/268320.html

ajithfederer
29th April 2011, 05:38 AM
Rakhta charitra 2 -

Varma wastes a potential thunder. The story and its effect is diluted in astornomical levels. It's an absolute blunder to replace the Car Bomb in Jubilee Hills case with a road-side attack on Vivek. Totally robs the momentum there. It was such a turn of events in this saga. The TV Bomb scene was welll shot but shoddily acted by surya. And as a guy who was totally following this feud it was a disappointment. Acting is okay. RGV almost spoiled with the Mahabharath - DD Series voiceover in the first part. What he missed in the first he completed it spoiling in the second. Only God can answer me as to why the action scenes are shown in slow-mo. And whats with the stupid scene of showing Vivek murdered by Surya before the climax. Don't re-write history RGV. :banghead:. Moddu seenu and suri's story also wasn't well developed either. Their's afaik was a pure business relation.

RC-1 even with its minor flaws was miles better.

P.S: The Police guy was totally playing it cool. Nasty Bastard of a role :smokesmirk:.

Nerd
29th April 2011, 06:34 PM
Both 'I am' and 'Shor in the city' have gotten good reviews. Has compli reviewed either one of them?

Plum
29th April 2011, 08:15 PM
Af, suri killed ravi in real life no? Correct dhaanE?

ajithfederer
30th April 2011, 03:35 AM
Yeah he was the master mind, but he was in jail. It was moddu seenu who killed him outside of a party meeting in anantpur with the help of 2 or may be 3 other guys.

jinju
8th May 2011, 11:13 AM
Shaitan trailer:smokesmirk:!!! June 10 already blocked in the calendar:-D...hope they release it in big cinemas, cbe.

ajaybaskar
6th June 2011, 02:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlWnEQ1LkBo

Singam in Hindi

PARAMASHIVAN
21st June 2011, 09:32 PM
Mithun Chakraborty in a still from Shukno Lanka
Critic's Rating: Cast: Mithun Chakraborty, Sabyasachi Chakraborty, Debasree Roy, Shaheb Chattopadhyay, Late Kunal Mitra, Angana BoseDirection: Gaurav PandeyGenre: DramaDuration: 2 hours Avg Readers Rating: Rate this movie 1 (Poor) 1.5 (Below average) 2 (Average) 2.5 (Above average) 3 (Good) 3.5 (Good +) 4 (Very good) 4.5 (Very good +) 5 (Outstanding)

Story: Joy Sunder Sengupta (Sabyasachi Chakraborty), an arthouse film maker joins hands with Australian actress, Isabella (Emma Brown) to translate Ritwick Ghatak's short story, Paraspathar (The Philosopher's Stone) onto the big screen. He casts Chinu Nandy (Mithun Chakraborty) a struggling extra in the lead role and embarks on a whole new journey of self-realisation, with Chinu's grounded philosophy of life proving to be the pivot of change.

Movie Review: For those who still remember Mithun Chakraborty's sterling act in Buddhadeb Dasgupta's Tahader Katha, here's another chance to discover the true colours of the thespian actor who has the ability to grab eyeballs with something more than his disco dancing abilities. As Chinu Nandy, the humble, down-to-earth actor who lives with his daily earnings as an extra in the sundry films produced in the studios of Tollygunj, Mithun is quite-quite mesmerising. On the one hand, he quibbles for an extra hundred rupees from the production manager, while on the other, he takes a delightful tonga ride every night through the streets of Kolkata with his dear wife, who deliciously chews paan and pontificates on trivia. Despite his decrepit state, Nandy has never given up on his dreams and that's what makes him such an enviable character. So much so, that the offer of a lifetime -- the chance to play the lead role -- doesn't manage to change his body language. He still keeps his hands folded, his head bowed, and his body slightly bent: in humility and humaneness.

Nandy's story is interestingly juxtaposed against the arrogance and individuality of the award-winning successful film maker, Sabyasachi Chakraborty, who lives in his cloistered creative world, unmindful of the pain he causes to the people around him. Watch his wife, Debashree Roy, cope up with the pain of neglect and the fear of loneliness, and you'll see how the film aptly brings out the flip side of creativity.

This is Tollygunj, off the mainstream. Take your fill.

Well done Dada Mithun :thumbsup: