PDA

View Full Version : Yuvan Shankar Raja News & Updates

Pages : 1 [2] 3

A.ANAND
5th October 2010, 03:38 PM
[tscii:5533b745fd]Vaanam audio to be launched London

Producer turned actor Ganesh who rocked in VTV, is planning to have a very big audio launch for his new film Vaanam in London.

The Krish directed multi-starrer has Silambarasan, Bharath, Prakash Raj, Anushka, Sonia Agarwal and Vega in the lead along with Yuvan Shankar Raja’s music.

Ganesh is producing Vaanam and he wants to make it one of the biggest movies of the year. He is going all out to make the London launch an event, for which AR Rahman will also be present.

Remember how Ganesh and Gautham made the London audio launch of VTV a memorable event that got a lot of media hype.

The views expressed in the article are the author's and not of Sify.com.

[/tscii:5533b745fd]

viraajan
5th October 2010, 10:37 PM
This should come as good news for all Yuvan fans out there.

Yes, composer Yuvan Shankar Raja has just signed his first live concert in Chennai and is quite thrilled about it. He tweeted, "Jus signed for my live concert in Chennai. It's my 1st live show in my own place (sic)."

Meanwhile, the singer has also finished composing the third tune for the Simbu-Anushka starrer Vaanam.
"This single for Vaanam is sung by Simbu! This will top the charts for sure! Very happy about it. We are planning to release a single track from Vaanam this month as a single! Excited about it!," read another tweet of his.

Having completed the background score for Aranya Kaandam as well, it looks like Yuvan is one happening musician. And with the concert on the anvil, he is undoubtedly going to rock the music scene.

Source: Times of India.[tscii:ac4d842fc0][/tscii:ac4d842fc0]

viraajan
7th October 2010, 09:18 PM
Actress Divya tweets:

@Raja_Yuvan is gonna be a hugggge star!! Will make us all proud! Just you wait!! Lips are selaed. Ask him!! I'm gonna be keeeeld!

----

There is something big it seems :yes: :cool2: I hope she is not talking about k2K audio release....

viraajan
11th October 2010, 07:21 PM
Yuvan tweets:

Jus finished composing my 1st tune for mankatha really kicked bout it, been long since I workd with my bro venkat!!! Having a great time!!

viraajan
11th October 2010, 09:36 PM
Tweets of Yuvan:

Jus finished my meet with vijay tv ppl reg my live concert in chennai,really thrilled bout it slowly getting into the flow,I'm lovin it))

havin a tuff tym choosing da songs for my show)) but I'm sure u guys will love em all, and ull have lots of surprises during da show!

Its 18th dec date is fixd but da place is yet to be fixd,will tell once I know:-)))

viraajan
12th October 2010, 05:12 PM
Mass Raja Ravi Teja new movie is ‘Katti’, directed by Gunasekhar. Ravi Teja Katti is tipped to be yet another mass entertainer from Ravi Teja movie base. Also, it is heard that another noted producer in Tollywood movies would produce the film. After success of Don Seenu, Ravi Teja has wrapped the shooting for ‘Mirapakaya’ and working for ‘Veera’.

Speaking on this occasion, director Gunasekhar said, “Ravi Teja would be shown in a different dimension in Katthi. The title itself has lot of force and josh and no wonder Ravi Teja okayed the movie when heard the script”.

Yuvan Shankar Raja composes music for Katthi and the music sittings would start for Dussera. And this is the first time Ravi Teja Gunasekhar are working together for the film Katthi.[tscii:75d2803582][/tscii:75d2803582]

:cool: :cool:

viraajan
14th October 2010, 03:06 PM
Yuvan made my birthday very special :D :D

Met him today @ Prasad Studio between 12-1 PM :) We were about 30 fans.

Yuvan was so humble and down to earth and spent time with every fan for a photo. So many stills. Wow... He was humorous too. :lol: Cracked couple of timing jokes and made us all LOL. Fans made calls to their friends and relatives and handed over the phone to Yuvan. :omg: He attended every single call with a big smile and without a hesitation and never said no. Great man :bow:

We all presented the song which Orkut fans had composed for his birthday. He was so happy listening to that song :D

In turn, he played us the song from Vaanam which will release on 18th October @ London. Honestly, though not fully impressed in one listen, this is surely gonna be the beat for/of the Youth. Kind of club song.

Thank you Yuvan :bow: :bow:

viraajan
14th October 2010, 04:17 PM
Well, here are some of the updates that Yuvan gave us.

When asked about the kind of music that Aaranyakandam will have, he replied, 'World Music'. :cool:

Maniratnam project 'Bloody Paki' is still alive and Yuvan is indeed doing it.

Aaranya Kandam (film sans songs) audio CD will have many background scores.

Yuvan and Ilaiyaraja will sing a song together in Mankatha.

He will soon reveal about the international project. Talking is going on it seems.

Yuvan is doing Selvaraghavan's next. He said they will announce it soon.

The REAL BIGGGG PROJECT which he tweeted about few months back is still on. He said he will announce it soon.

Abdul Kalam sir's 'Song of the Youth' will release on 1st Jan for sure.

vithagan
14th October 2010, 07:59 PM
Yuvan is doing Selvaraghavan's next. He said they will announce it soon.

Glad to hear the news.. :D

Rocking combo is back 8-)

VinodKumar's
14th October 2010, 08:17 PM
Yuvan made my birthday very special :D :D

Met him today @ Prasad Studio between 12-1 PM :) We were about 30 fans.

Yuvan was so humble and down to earth and spent time with every fan for a photo. So many stills. Wow... He was humorous too. :lol: Cracked couple of timing jokes and made us all LOL. Fans made calls to their friends and relatives and handed over the phone to Yuvan. :omg: He attended every single call with a big smile and without a hesitation and never said no. Great man :bow:

We all presented the song which Orkut fans had composed for his birthday. He was so happy listening to that song :D

In turn, he played us the song from Vaanam which will release on 18th October @ London. Honestly, though not fully impressed in one listen, this is surely gonna be the beat for/of the Youth. Kind of club song.

Thank you Yuvan :bow: :bow:

:thumbsup: :victory: :thumbsup:

Mahen
15th October 2010, 05:48 AM
The REAL BIGGGG PROJECT which he tweeted about few months back is still on. He said he will announce it soon.

Ennava irukum? :roll: Either Mani's/Kamal's next i guess..cant think of anything else as all big directors/actors have started their next project :)

viraajan
15th October 2010, 11:20 PM

Ennava irukum? :roll: Either Mani's/Kamal's next i guess..cant think of anything else as all big directors/actors have started their next project :)

Don't be confined to India ;) We are looking forward to an International Project which he said, 'varum... kandippa' :wink:

viraajan
21st October 2010, 07:57 AM
YUVAN UNPLUGGED
The soft-spoken composer gets talking to Chennai Times on his projects
V Lakshmi | TNN

This Navaratri was very special for Yuvan Shankar Raja. After all, the busy music composer got to spend some time with his family. “We celebrate Navaratri in a grand way; several singers come to our house and we have beautiful musical evenings. So, during those days, I stopped working by 6 pm and rushed home,” begins Yuvan.

He has more than a dozen projects in his hand, but Yuvan says he’s got it all worked out. “I usually work on two projects at a time. Now, I’m working on Vaanam and Mankatha,” he says.
Despite Vaanam being a remake of the Telugu hit Vedham, Yuvan says he hasn’t retained any tunes from the original. “Each character in Vaanam, be it Simbu or Anushka or Vega and Bharath, has a song and every song belongs to a different genre,” he says, “Usually, filmmakers release the album to promote the film. But, we will be launching a teaser promo and just a song from Vaanam to endorse the music album, which will be released later. Simbu and I have each sung a song for the teaser promo.” He adds, “I’m currently working on a single track for Vaanam and it will be on the lines of a futuristic club mix.” Yuvan has also started work on Venkat Prabhu’s Mankatha. “There will be six songs in the film and I’ve composed tunes for five of them. We are yet to have a sitting with the lyricists and finalise on who will be singing which song,” he reveals.

For Yuvan, Mankatha is special for various reasons. “I’ve already done four films with Ajith and I want our fifth film to be a huge hit. In fact, Ajith had called me earlier to say that our combination in this film should work wonders at the BO. So, I’m taking extra care while composing.”

Revealing details of the album, he says, “Appa (maestro Ilaiyaraaja) and I are planning to sing a pathos number for the album. While appa will be singing in Tamil, I will be singing the English lyrics.”

Yuvan has also finished work on Bala’s Avan Ivan and Ameer’s Aadhi Bhagavan. “A full-fledged Hindi track, sung by Mohit Chauhan (of Masakkali… fame), will be the highlight of Aadhi Bhagavan,” he adds.

Yuvan will also be making his Bollywood debut soon with Mani Ratnam’s production. “Though I’d composed a single track for Siddharth’s Striker, this film will be my proper Bollywood debut. The film, directed by Mani Ratam’s associate Shivakumar, has Vivek Oberoi in the lead,” he says.

While Yuvan’s film graph is soaring, he’s also excited about his first live concert in Chennai on December 18. “I’m thrilled beyond words. I’ve done concerts internationally, but the experience of performing in my home city is just inexplicable. I will be altering the BGM or adding a few more keys to the songs. For instance, I’m planning to perform the remixed version of Oru Naal… from Pudupettai. This will be an experience of a lifetime,” he signs off.[tscii:7223648b9a][/tscii:7223648b9a]

viraajan
21st October 2010, 10:55 PM
Vijay TV to air 16 episodes on Yuvan Shankar Raja
Indiantelevision.com Team
(21 October 2010 7:15 pm)

BANGALORE: Vijay TV will be airing a 4-week, 16 episode serial on Yuvan Shankar Raja (Yuvan) as a run-up to a live concert at Chennai.

Each half-hour episode will be broadcast Monday to Thursday at 10.30 pm. The creatives and the production of the series will be by Vijay TV.

The episodes will revolve around Yuvan, his music, his journey through the eyes of his friends, family and colleagues from the industry. They will also feature the career ascent of Yuvan, as well as insights into his family which has its roots in the town of Pannaipuram.

The theme of the ‘Yuvan Live-In Concert’ is ‘Celebrating music that’s young and fresh’. Yuvan would also be composing an album which would cater to the audiences across Tamil Nadu . The album is likely to be released on the date of the concert.

The event is likely to feature an array of singers like Hariharan, Shreya Ghoshal, Shankar Mahadevan , Vijay Yesudas, Karthik, Haricharan, with Yuvan in the lead. A special segment named ‘Band of Brothers’ would be staged where for the first time the entire family comprising Yuvan and his siblings Karthik Raja, Venkat Prabhu, Premji Amaren, Bhavatharini would perform.

The highlight of the concert will be a segment “Unforgettable’ for which Yuvan and the maestro – his father Ilaiyaraaja - will perform together. International dance acts are also a part of the concert, informed a source.

Vijay TV plans to bring on board as many personalities as it can and has yet to announce the date. “The concert will be anytime between the last week of December and the middle of Januray,” revealed a source at Vijay TV.

A road show to promote Yuvan’s album has been planned. Yuvan would travel to Madurai and Coimbatore to promote the same apart from promoting it in Chennai.[tscii:f4424ee667][/tscii:f4424ee667]

NormalMan
22nd October 2010, 06:57 AM
What is this?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=169990899677698&set=-.

viraajan
22nd October 2010, 08:45 AM
What is this?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=169990899677698&set=-.

I think that's a fan made poster based on the speculations that Rajni's next is Baasha II.

If true, chances are there, this could be the BIG project that yuvan tweeted about! :?

viraajan
22nd October 2010, 08:00 PM
How stupid the media are! Here is a news from Dinathanthi.

லண்டனில், பாடல் வெளியீடு!

சிலம்பரசன் நடித்து வரும் `வானம்' படத்தில், யுவன் சங்கர்ராஜா இசையில் ஆறு பாடல்கள் இடம்பெறுகின்றன. அதில் ஒரு பாடலை சிலம்பரசனே எழுதி, பாடியிருக்கிறார்.

அந்த பாடல் வெளியீட்டு விழா, லண்டனில் வெகு விமரிசையாக நடந்தது. வீழ்ச்சி அடைந்துள்ள `ஆடியோ' மார்க்கெட்டை தூக்கி நிறுத்துவதற்காக, மிக புதுமையான முறையில் இந்த விழாவை நடத்திக் காட்டினார், பட அதிபர் கணேஷ்!

-- :rotfl3: :rotfl3:

The release function has been postponed for some internal reasons. The release is likely to be after 25th Oct. The track is not out yet.

Daily thanthi :lol:

viraajan
27th October 2010, 09:09 AM
Tweets of Yuvan:

We have a group for my concert in chennai on facebook guys if u need any updates reg the show or anything you ppl can look into it!

Its yuvan live in concert

Working for mankatha tonite really tired but deadlines keeping me awake!

A.ANAND
29th October 2010, 08:15 AM
வீழ்ச்சி அடைந்துள்ள `ஆடியோ' மார்க்கெட்டை தூக்கி நிறுத்துவதற்காக, மிக புதுமையான முறையில் இந்த விழாவை நடத்திக் காட்டினார், பட அதிபர் கணேஷ்!

my fav. line :rotfl3: foklim vechu thooki niruthinara??

viraajan
2nd November 2010, 09:27 PM
Tweets of Yuvan:

* Sorry guys forgot to mention I finished the intro song for balas avan ivan but still working on the rest..

* Avan ivan will be totally different from what I'm doing now,no leads no synth at all and no auto tune,pure ethnic sounds n love it!!

* ill be mixing vananam today so it should be out around next week! the folk track for bala is very diff n I love the groove totally..

* Finishd avan ivan n vaanam single las night,simbu wanted some small corrections so all don now.

* The song list is almost finalised totally close to 37 songs out of that ill be singing 10 jus for u guys! It has both my old n new numbers..

* Shows in jan around pongal holls, but that also gives my tym to work more on it,hope yall love the story board. Reallyyyy excited bout it!!

* Waooo never been this busy,started working out aswell 'for my concert',my show dates getting pushd cz of singers availability don worry guys

* Guys pls welcome @Premgiamaren my lil cousin in here,nalla paiyen nalla pathukonga!! Enjoy prem.

R.Latha
29th November 2010, 01:45 PM
[tscii:1060711a6a]A 45 sec preview of Vaanam promo track, Evandi Unna Pethan

Posted in Cinenews, Silambarasan, Yuvan Shankar Raja, featured on November 28, 2010 3:30 PM / 3 Comments
Vaanam cd back cover

Vaanam cd back cover

When Yuvan Shankar Raja and Silambarasan (STR) join hands we know that they will bring something new to the party and this time they are coming up with a promo song for the movie Vaanam.

The track is much awaited by all Yuvan and STR fans alike.

This song will be a special one as we will hear STR lending his voice alongside the very talented Yuvan on this special promo track.It is also known that STR himself has penned the lyrics for this one while the compositon has been carried out under the able guidance of Yuvan who also contributed with the English lyrics.

The track “Evandi Unna Pethan” will be released today on November 28, 2010. The single track is priced at Rs. 35.

Here is a 45 second preview: Click on the below link.

Evandi Unna Pethan 45 sec preview

Don’t forget to buy your original copies and support the artist.

http://www.kollytalk.com/cinenews/2010/11/a-45-sec-preview-of-vaanam-promo-track/
[/tscii:1060711a6a]

interz
29th November 2010, 11:24 PM
About evandi unnai petha...

I dont like it on first hearing. The song has too much noisy sound effects to enjoy the weird lyrics.

After listening to great songs in Manmadhan, Vallavan, Silambattam. Ths song is dissapointing. I hope the other songs in the movie are better than this song.

mahen01
30th November 2010, 03:55 PM
I dont like half of the lyrics..

viraajan
30th November 2010, 04:05 PM
I dont like half of the lyrics..

I don't like even a single line of it :lol:

mahen01
30th November 2010, 04:10 PM
partha fostu (first) second vantha ena kanom, sathiyama enaku nee venum kandipa enaku na venu, vantha ena kandu pudichu kuduuu...illa romba suruka una enaku kudu...illa thayavu senju oru gun eduthu ena suduu...

What kind of lame lyrics is this? it keeps going on and on..not to mention the english ones (you want to make love with me dare..lol) Music is not bad. 50% of the lyrics doesnt gell with the music..

viraajan
30th November 2010, 04:30 PM
Lyrics are forced.

I have no much complaints with music except the noise. sometimes it is noisy.

Mahen, you missed an important english line. "Who the F is your daddy, i see him, he's deadbody" :lol2:

mahen01
30th November 2010, 05:28 PM
lol

mahen01
30th November 2010, 05:32 PM
Simbu vuku Aarva kolaru..

Dinesh84
30th November 2010, 06:43 PM
:banghead:

viraajan
6th December 2010, 10:03 AM
Who says celebrities have it easy every time? Singer and composer Yuvan Shankar Raja, who is packed with back-to-back projects, confesses that scoring the music for Aadhi Bhagawan has been his toughest project till date. Yuvan, who usually completes his song compositions in a couple of days, says, “There was this particular song which took me around a week to finish. I actually made about seven to eight versions of it, as I wanted to give it my best.

Finally, I nailed it down to the final one, which was liked by all. Shreya will croon the female version of the track. We are yet to finalise the male singer.” Yuvan is enthusiastic about the rave reviews of Vanam’s sound track. He says, “It was a wonderful experience working for the film. And I was expecting both positive and negative feedback, but luckily most fans are actually enjoying the music and I feel great about it.” The actor has his hands full for the coming weeks. “I’m working on Bala’s Avan Ivan, Vishnu Vardhan’s Shadow, another Telugu project with Pavan Kalyan, Mankatha, Linguswamy’s next film and Vettai Mannan, which I am yet to start working on.” Ask him how he unwinds and the young star signs off with a smile saying, “Music which keeps me busy is my stress buster too. I enjoy going for a long drive while listening to peppy songs, it soothes me.”[tscii:960925679a][/tscii:960925679a]

Mahen
6th December 2010, 10:51 AM
Shreya 8-)

K
20th December 2010, 06:09 PM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2010/12/20-vishnuvardhan-direct-yuvan-shankar-raja.html

viraajan
23rd December 2010, 08:03 PM
[tscii:d01c28aad6]" மறுபடியும் யுவனுடன் நீங்க இணையப் போறீங்களா? "

“ஆமாம். நான், தனுஷ், யுவன் கூட்டணி எப்பவும் பேசப்பட்டிருக்கு. நாங்க எல்லோரும் சேர்ந்துதான் வந்தோம். பிரிவுக்குப் பின்னாடி சேரும்போது இன்னும் அழகா இருக்கு. பிரிஞ்சது கூட நல்லதுதான். கொண்டாடிக்கிட்டு இருக்கிற நண்பர்கள் கொஞ்சம் பிரிந்து சேர்ந்தால் நல்லா இருக்கும்னு தோணுது. இனிமேல் எந்நாளும் யுவனோடு பிரிவு இல்லை.”

செல்வராகவன் நேர்காணல்,
ஆனந்த விகடன், 29.12.2010[/tscii:d01c28aad6]

Sid_316
24th December 2010, 12:32 PM
Yuvan tweets :

Yes me n selva r getting back together ppl heard da script of erandam ulagam with dhanush in it lot of work to do as usuall Happy n excited.

Good news :D

ajaybaskar
24th December 2010, 12:40 PM
Very good news indeed!! :-)

viraajan
24th December 2010, 11:29 PM
Nov, please enable this pic!

Dazzling Yuvan! :redjump:

http://i51.tinypic.com/263965z.jpg

Yuvan :bow: :bow:

interz
25th December 2010, 06:33 AM
listened to 16 songs:

3 songs are very good:
Yaar solli kaathal (sung by YSR)
Kaattu seikki (sung by KR*)
Adada en meethu (sung by Hariharan, Bella Shinde)

viraajan
25th December 2010, 04:10 PM
Concert Video promo from Vijay TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFRhBUHQDFA

viraajan
25th December 2010, 04:13 PM
Vijay TV will be telecasting a promotional video (with a song composed by Yuvan, directed by Vishnu, Cinematography by Nirav) from Dec 27.

Vijay TV will be telecasting a four week episodes on Yuvan. Monday to Friday - 8 PM to 830 PM. The program will have the promotional video shot.

Yuvan's concert is on 16th Jan. Planning to open a thread for that. Let's see :roll:

Sunil_M88
25th December 2010, 06:45 PM
http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2010/12/25/pathinaru-music-review-tamil-yuvan-shankar-raja/#disqus_thread

Ada Da En Meethu (On loop :musicsmile:) - Indeed a pleasant Christmas gift :) Need to listen to the other songs though...

viraajan
26th December 2010, 08:07 PM
Interview on TOI:

It has been a dream run for Yuvan Shankar Raja in 2010. Songs from four out of the eight films for which he composed music this year feature among the top 10 chartbusters of the year. It is a unique feat by any yardstick. In an exclusive interview, Yuvan opens up...

You have been constantly churning out chartbusters this year. Four of the films — Paiyaa, Naan Mahaan Alla, Baana Kaathadi and Boss Engira Bhaskaran — feature in 2010's Top 10.
(Smiles) It was a good year for me. To be honest, whenever I work hard, I don't expect anything; it just happens I had a breezy year and I will say it's all due to God's blessings.

But what's your favourite album among these four?
I like all my albums; so, picking a favourite is difficult. Still, I enjoy the song Iragai Pole... the most.

People in the industry say that you understand the pulse of today's youth...
(Laughs) My passion in life is music. I just enjoy creating music. First and foremost, the tune I create should strike a chord with me. In most cases, I have found that people also fall in love with the song that is my favourite.

They call you the hit factory. Don't you feel that you are too prolific as you have done eight films this year?
I've learnt from my dad that music is like breathing. Creating tunes is a natural process. Next year, I might probably have a dozen releases.

How do you choose a project?
My comfort level with the director is important. I have a set of directors like Venkat Prabhu and Vishnu Vardhan with whom I have a good rapport. This has resulted in good music.

The producer of your latest film, Pathinaru, has put you on the posters of the film. Are you planning to turn a hero?
No way, I'm happy being just a composer. I like my music to speak rather than seeing my posters pasted all over town. As far as the audio of Pathinaru is concerned, I finished the album eight months back. Probably they are just trying to promote the film. My anna, Karthik Raja, has sung a solo song for me for the first time.

You have recently tweeted that you are doing Selvaraghavan's new film...
It's nice to be back with Selva. I will be doing Selva's new project for which he is shooting at the moment with Dhanush and Andrea. It has been titled Erandam Ulagam. It's a pure love story made on a different note.

What next?
I'm doing a live concert in my home town (Chennai) on January 16. I promise you it will be a musical treat for my fans. We will have Bollywood singers like Shankar Mahadevan, Shreya Ghosal, Javed Ali and all the big singers from the Tamil film industry performing on the show. Several actors, including my buddy Simbu, have promised to take part in the show which will be telecast in a leading channel.
I have just shot a music video with Vishnu Vardhan and Nirav Shah as a promo for the concert.

Any New Year resolutions?
I love to dream big. I want to step into Hollywood in 2011, and I'm working towards that.

How long do you plan to remain single?
I'm thinking of getting married next year. But don't jump to conclusions. For the record, I'm not seeing anybody![tscii:2897d35064][/tscii:2897d35064]

A.ANAND
28th December 2010, 10:33 AM
yuvan live in concert

http://tamil.techsatish.net/file/yuvan-3/

NormalMan
29th December 2010, 10:29 AM
http://www.sify.com/movies/gv-prakash-makes-his-point-news-tamil-km2ocIhjcdh.html

இவரோட சம்பளம் ஆயிரம் கோடியா ??

vigneshram
29th December 2010, 01:38 PM
http://www.sify.com/movies/gv-prakash-makes-his-point-news-tamil-km2ocIhjcdh.html

இவரோட சம்பளம் ஆயிரம் கோடியா ??

:lol: வர வர GVP காமெடிக்கு அளவே இல்லை

viraajan
30th December 2010, 10:52 PM
[tscii:012e151857]இயக்கம், நடிப்பு, தயாரிப்பு என மூன்று ஏரியாக்களிலும் ஜொலித்த சசிகுமாரை, ஈசன் படத்தின் தோல்வி நிலைகுலையச் செய்திருக்கிறது என்கிறார்கள். ஈசன் படத்தின் மீது அதிக நம்பிக்கை வைத்து தமிழ்நாடு முழுக்க சசி சொந்தமாக ரிலீஸ் செய்த வகையில் சுமார் ஏழு கோடி நஷ்டத்தைச் சந்தித்திருக்கிறாராம். ஈசனை நியாயமான விலைக்குக் கேட்டு சசி கொடுக்காததால் கடுப்பான விநியோகஸ்தர்கள், சசி அடுத்து நடிக்கும் அல்லது இயக்கும் படத்தை வாங்கப்போவதில்லை என்று சொல்லிவருகிறார்களாம்.

இதைக் கேள்விப்பட்டது முதல் மேலும் கடுப்பான சசி, அடுத்த படத்தை இயக்கி நடித்து சுப்ரமணியபுரத்தைவிடப் பெரிய வெற்றியாக அதைக் கொடுத்துவிட்டுத்தான் மறு வேலை என்று சொல்லிவருகிறாராம். இதனால் சமுத்திரக்கனி இயக்கத்தில் அடுத்து நடிக்க இருந்த ‘போராளி படத்தைத் தள்ளி வைத்துக்கொள்ளலாம் என்று சொல்லியிருக்கிறாராம். என்னை நான் மீண்டும் நிரூபிக்க வேண்டிய கட்டாயத்தில் இருக்கிறேன் என்று சொல்லிவிட்டாராம். இதில் டென்ஷனான சமுத்திரக்கனிக்கும் சசிக்கும் வாக்குவாதம் நடந்தாலும், சசியின் முடிவை ஏற்றுக்கொள்வாதாகச் சொல்லிவிட்டாராம் உயிர் நண்பர் சமுத்திரக்கனி. ஆனால் போராளிக்குப் பதில் இப்போதைக்கு வேறு படத்தை இயக்கத் தயாராக இல்லை சமுத்திரக்கனி. மலையாளத்தில் அடுத்தடுத்து மூன்று படங்களில் நடித்துக்கொடுக்க ஒப்புக்கொண்டிருக்கிறார் என்கிறார்கள்.

விரைவில் சசியிடமிருந்து புதுப்பட அறிவிப்பை எதிர்பார்க்கலாம். இந்தப் படத்துக்கு யுவன் ஷங்கர் ராஜா இசையமைக்கப்போகிறார் என்பதுதான் பரபரப்பான செய்தி.[/tscii:012e151857]

viraajan
15th January 2011, 09:19 AM
Rediff Interview:

Yuvan Shankar Raja is among the cream of Tamil music composers today. But success hasn't come easily to maestro Ilaiyaraja's younger son. He's had to slog long and hard for it, waiting in the wings even as older brother Karthik Raja made his debut in Tamil cinema.

Starting out at the tender age of 16 for Aravindhan, Yuvan Shankar Raja, the "Youth Icon of Tamil Cinema," has come a long way. The last two years have proven particularly special for him with hits like Paiyya, Naan Mahaan Alla, Baana Kaathadi, Boss Engira Baskaran et al.

Now, he's about to embark on another high-point of his career: The Yuvan Live In Concert, to be held at the YMCA, Nandanam in Chennai January 16 is a first for him.

He has just finished a promo song, I'll Be There For You, helmed by Vishnuvardhan and filmed by Nirav Shah for Vijay TV, and is understandably on a high.

As immersed as he is in preparations for his concert, we snatched a few precious moments with Yuvan for this exclusive chat. Excerpts:

How do you feel, now that you're about to embark on a live concert?

Naturally, I'm very happy, especially because it's happening in Chennai. This is where I was born and brought up, so it's pretty special to me. I have a bond with this place. Besides, it's the Pongal season, a time to celebrate. There hasn't been a big concert for quite a while, except maybe A R Rahman's concert. So maybe its high time another came along.

Would you say that you're following A R Rahman's footsteps, in this case?
No, absolutely not. I don't follow anyone's footsteps. I make my own way.

Growing up among the many talented celebrities in your family, did you feel the pressure to perform well?

I've always been pretty confident about my abilities, about what I could do, so I didn't have those problems. I believe that I can get what I want. When Dheena happened with Ajith, I had a sixth sense that things would work out. And they did. Things have only gotten better ever since.

You're very comfortable with certain directors like Selvaraghavan, and actors like Simbhu. How does that work?

I really don't put in any sort of special effort. I work the same way with everyone else. Things just work out.

How do you feel when an album of your turns out to be a hit, but the corresponding movie doesn't turn out well?
I choose a movie on the basis of my availability, dates and the script. But yes, as you say, sometimes, the movie doesn't do too well because it's not just the music that makes it so; it's team work, a lot of people are involved. The director is the one who is at the helm of the project. So when it doesn't do too well, I guess you can't just attribute it to the music.

It's almost become mandatory for you to sing at least one song in all your albums. Is this a sort of sentiment that you follow?

Oh no, not at all. I sing because the directors usually ask me to. It's their wish that I sing in the album, and I accommodate them.

How do you deal with the stress of all the rumours that float around you? About the break of your friendships, and so on?

I never let them affect me. I couldn't function if I did. Yoga helps.

What are your future projects?

Bala's Avan Ivan, Venkat Prabhu's Mankatha, Ameer's Adhi Bhaghavan, and Simbhu's Vaanam. [tscii:086f5c79b2][/tscii:086f5c79b2]

viraajan
18th January 2011, 09:18 AM
[tscii:25826d0727]Kazhugu, an upcoming movie starring Krishna (of alibaba fame), directed by a debutant Sathya Siva. Produced by Pattiyal Sekhar.

படத்தோட இன்னொரு ப்ளஸ் யுவன் இசையமைக்கிறது. கிருஷ்ணாவோட உற்ற தோழனான யுவன், அவரோட முதல் இரண்டு படங்களுக்கு இசைக்க முடியாத நிலையிலிருந்தார். இந்தத் தடவை ரெண்டு பேரும் ஒருத்தரை ஒருத்தர் விடறதா இல்லை. அதனால அவர் பாடல் தரக் காத்திருக்கோம். பாடல்களைப் படம் பிடிச்சா இந்தக் குளுகுளு படம் கோடை விடுமுறைக்கு ரெடியாகிடும்...!”

டைரக்டர் சத்யசிவா நேர்காணல், [/tscii:25826d0727]

R.Latha
20th January 2011, 01:26 PM
Pathinaru (2010)

Music Director: Yuvan Shankar Raja

Lyricist: Snehan

Actors: Madhu Shalini, Siva

Director: Sabhapathy

Producer: Shiva Shankar

1. Adada En Meethu
Singers: Bela Shinde, Hariharan

2. Yaar Solli Kadhal
Singer: Yuvan Shankar Raja

3.Kaatu Chediku
Singer: Karthik Raja

4.Vaanam Namadhe
Singer: Shankar Mahadevan

5.Theme Music
Singer: Yuvan Shankar Raja

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/#/album/29-Tamil_Movie_Songs/41285-Pathinaru__2010_/

R.Latha
21st January 2011, 10:43 AM
[tscii:0f93a613ad]Maniratnam recommends Yuvan for Bollywood flick

Posted in A R Rahman, Ilayaraja, Mani Ratnam, Yuvan Shankar Raja, gossips on January 21, 2011 1:00 AM / 0 Comments
Yuvan and Maniratnam together

Yuvan and Maniratnam together

Speculations are ripe of Mani Ratnam joining hands with Ilayaraja for Mani’s upcoming flick Ponniyin Selvan and amidst such rumors there comes another startling discovery.

We heard that Mani Ratnam has recommended Yuvan Shankar Raja for a Bollywood flick, the screenplay and scripting of which has been done by Mani Ratnam himself. A surprising decision by Mani considering the fact that he had earlier parted ways with Ilayaraja and AR Rahman being his only choice till date after their mega success Roja in 1992.

Many will be well aware that Yuvan wants to make it as big as Rahman and the composer would be looking at the opportunity as a stepping stone to fulfill his Hollywood dreams too.

Yuvan would be really glad to get such a recommendation but what has to seen is whether this friendship will mark a new chapter all together.[/tscii:0f93a613ad]

San_K
24th January 2011, 01:19 PM
http://www.dailythanthi.com/thanthiepaper/2412011/MDSG426882-M.jpg

inthala follow panrathu kastama irukke

ajaybaskar
24th January 2011, 02:29 PM
வித்யா,

அடுத்த முறை யுவனை பார்த்தீர்களானால் என் சார்பாக அவர் தலையிலேயே நான்கு போடவும்!! :evil:

viraajan
24th January 2011, 03:43 PM
வித்யா,

அடுத்த முறை யுவனை பார்த்தீர்களானால் என் சார்பாக அவர் தலையிலேயே நான்கு போடவும்!! :evil:

en sArbula rendu. so tottal 6 :evil:

But, this movie was committed loooong ago.... More than two years by now i think :roll:

Last year by this time, yuvan was working on 15 movies. Majority of them were crap like Baana, KSV, Thillalangadi etc. This year, no major difference in no. But the projects that he is currently working on are good. Majority are big projects. Mankatha, Avan Ivan, Adhi Bagwan, etc.

Wish he cuts down the no of projects :cry:

At present, No of movies he has signed to work for = 20+ :lol2:

viraajan
29th January 2011, 02:00 PM
Tweets:

Good morning ppl... Started work on my Hindi project, produced by Mani rathnam sir. Sooo kicked bout it and excited... Love all the tunes it's awesome.... You guys will love it!

First ever direct full Hindi project :happydance: Me too so excited about it :happydance: :happydance: :pink:

Mahen
29th January 2011, 02:08 PM
Vera details? Hero? title?

ajaybaskar
29th January 2011, 04:16 PM
Oberai i guess

viraajan
29th January 2011, 07:24 PM
Yes.

Bloody Paki starring Vivek Oberoi. Directed by Mani's assistant.

viraajan
31st January 2011, 12:23 PM
It is official that Selva will direct Kamal after IU. Though Music Director has not been revealed, we guess it is Yuvan.

Waiting for announcement.

Vivasaayi
31st January 2011, 09:23 PM
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/5382/kamalyuvan.jpg

Kamal - yuvar

viraajan
31st January 2011, 09:50 PM

Kamal - yuvar

hey wow :D

Indha project-ku eduthadhA vivs? :)

Yuvan young heroes kodoavE padam pannittu, kamal kooda pAkkumbOdhu konjam odd-a irukku... This is big project indeed 8-)

Vivasaayi
31st January 2011, 10:51 PM

Kamal - yuvar

hey wow :D

Indha project-ku eduthadhA vivs? :)

Yuvan young heroes kodoavE padam pannittu, kamal kooda pAkkumbOdhu konjam odd-a irukku... This is big project indeed 8-)

looks like!...kamal already gave the word o his fans that he is doing a selvaragavan film and yuvan called on kamal(mostly!) clears any doubts...

viraajan
1st February 2011, 08:55 PM
Just verified. That was taken when Yuvan had been to Kamal's house to invite him for the concert :D

suyambu
5th February 2011, 08:15 AM
Very happy that to know that Yuvan decided not to sing for now. i wish he decides that to do forever.... and for fun sake he could probably lend his voice in interlude tracks etc. to me he is a very poor singer and has spoil't many of his beauties with his poor singing skills. however i do agree that he can emote well in certain genre of songs. nevertheless, he is not a good singer but a very talented music maker.

interz
5th February 2011, 06:48 PM
I used to hate yuvan singin esp songs in pattiyal, kathal konden, but it changed after listening to paiya, sarvam... naan mahaan alla...

He should sing movie songs once and in a while IMO

K
12th February 2011, 02:34 AM
http://www.tamilrain.com/yuvan-live-in-concert-11-02-2011/yuvan-live-in-concert-day-1-part-1-video_7d22d02c6.html

viraajan
14th February 2011, 07:38 PM
Suseendran has confirmed in an interview that he is joining with Yuvan for his next flick with Vikram! :cool:

San_K
17th February 2011, 09:44 PM
http://toolserver.org/~alexz/pop/view.php?proj=inmus&month=Feb11&limit=100&offset=0

Yuvan is No.2 popular MD in India as per wikipedia hits of this month. Any doubt abt No.1 place?

ajaybaskar
18th February 2011, 03:51 PM
http://images.behindwoods.com/photo-galleries-q1-09/tamil-photo-gallery/yuvan-premji/yuvan-premji-yuvan-shankar-raja-01.html

http://images.behindwoods.com/photo-galleries-q1-09/tamil-photo-gallery/yuvan-premji/yuvan-premji-yuvan-shankar-raja-01.html

gurusaravanan
21st February 2011, 08:56 PM
Vaanam Tracklist: En Ulagamadaa. Endhan Nenjilae. Evan Di Unna Pethan. Irandaam Pirappu. Nee Ennil. Nottu Nottu. Vaaname Ellai.

ajaybaskar
1st March 2011, 07:38 PM
Nottu Nottu.

Am i reading it right? :roll:

littlemaster1982
1st March 2011, 07:43 PM
^^Should be nOttu nOttu. I wouldn't be surprised even if it is same as what you said.

ajaybaskar
1st March 2011, 07:47 PM
Yes.. When 'Evandi unna peththan' is possible, then this is very much possible too..

viraajan
4th March 2011, 09:33 PM
Yuvan Tweets:

Lot of good news on the way guys!!! Wait for few more days!!!! Really excited!

---

:redjump: Please give some great news about the big project :cool:

ajaybaskar
4th March 2011, 10:40 PM
March 10th Kamal/Selva film starts rolling..

viraajan
6th March 2011, 09:33 AM
Oh! :cool2:

raghavendran
6th March 2011, 12:53 PM
big news na..mankaatha pathi vandha dhan :evil:..
edachu irukkudha?

viraajan
6th March 2011, 06:05 PM
Mankaatha pathi ennanga? :roll: Mankatha is going as per the plan and audio can be expected by April first week!

BTW, not sure if he refers to Kamal-Selva project? If so, i will be disappointed. Coz, this is all already known.

K
10th March 2011, 01:55 PM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/heroes/2011/03/sonakshi-is-kamal-hassan-new-heroine-aid0136.html

Yuvan Music, Selvaraghavan Direction, Sonakshi Sinha Female Lead, Kamal Hero. விரைவில் படத்தில் நடிக்கும் இதர நட்சத்திரங்கள் மற்றும் டெக்னீஷியன்கள் குறித்து விவரம் வெளியாகும் என்று கூறியுள்ளார் படத்தின் இயக்குநர் செல்வராகவன்.

rooky
13th March 2011, 11:49 AM
http://www.sify.com/movies/anushka-in-mani-ratnam-s-bilingual-news-news-ldmptBfgagg.html

If the above news turns out true, probably, this is what u1 mentioned as a "good news".

Mahen
13th March 2011, 12:00 PM
Thats not true..sify messed up with two versions..the one you posted is the telegu section news

raghavendran
15th March 2011, 12:41 PM
absolutely loved the Yuvan live in concert show...it was superb,very enjoyable.by far my fav MD of this Gen...great work yuvan,vijay tv :clap:

vssathish
15th March 2011, 01:11 PM
Shanker Mahadevan to score music for Kamal Selvaraghavan movie - source indiaglitz.com

viraajan
17th March 2011, 09:30 PM
Yeah. Yuvan is out of Selva's movie now.

Terribly disappointed. Frustrated!

baba88
18th March 2011, 02:50 AM
i dont know if it has been posted already. kadhal 2 kalyanam tracklist:

Ithu Kadhalai Irinthidumo ...
Singers: Benny Dayal, Rahul Nambiyar & Chinmayi
Lyricis: Snehan

Natpin Kathaigalai...
Singers: Krish & Roshini

Naa Vetta Pora Aadu...
Singers: Yuvan & Roshini

Vellai Kodi...
Singers: SPB.Charan

Thedi Varuven...
Singers: Toshi

Ennakaaga Unnakaaga..
Singers: Naresh Iyer & Andrea
Lyricis: Pa.Vijay

K2K audio launches March 18th

littlemaster1982
18th March 2011, 08:29 AM

What happened? YSR met Kamal after the film was announced, right?

Mahen
18th March 2011, 10:16 AM
VR, if you know the real reason PM pls :)

ajaybaskar
18th March 2011, 11:04 AM

Ennayya solreenga? Nallaathane poittu irundhadhu?

Ini orunaalum Yuvanai vittu pirivadhillainnu oruthar paettiyellam koduthaaru? :huh:

viraajan
18th March 2011, 12:32 PM
LM, Mahen, Ajay,

Enna nu theriyalainga :( Don't know the reason.

LM, that still was taken when Yuvan had been to Kamal's house to invite for his concert :)

It is heard that SEL is doing Kamal's movie. Waiting for official announcement :(

AudazJay
18th March 2011, 12:44 PM
How disappointing :( Was eagerly waiting for the magical Selva-Yuvan combo again. Too bad...

viraajan
18th March 2011, 12:50 PM
Ennayya solreenga? Nallaathane poittu irundhadhu?

Ini orunaalum Yuvanai vittu pirivadhillainnu oruthar paettiyellam koduthaaru? :huh:

statement ellAm nalla thaan vittan :evil:

We did not even believe Selva. We went by Yuvan's words. He confirmed it in interview, meeting, twitter and everywhere. don't know what happened suddenly. innum official announcement varalai. wait pandrom!

ajaybaskar
18th March 2011, 01:00 PM
VR,

bad news.. :-(

Raja_Yuvan: @vasanth_elango yes we spoke for kamals project with selva but the terms din go well, and when did I say I'm working with Mani sir?

viraajan
18th March 2011, 01:31 PM
Hmmm... :cry:

ajaybaskar
18th March 2011, 01:33 PM
Vidunga VR..

Trisha illainna Divya.

viraajan
18th March 2011, 01:34 PM
Here is a big news! He replies my tweet!

@vovinith yes it is hollywood! Tym to rock!!!!

ajaybaskar
18th March 2011, 01:37 PM
Here is a big news! He replies my tweet!

@vovinith yes it is hollywood! Tym to rock!!!!

Good news this is.. VR, party vainga.. :-)

viraajan
18th March 2011, 01:45 PM
Good news this is.. VR, party vainga.. :-)

paper sign pannattum.. kandippa ;)

Mahen
18th March 2011, 05:35 PM
Could it be for commercial reasons that Yuvan was not selected? SEL is famous in Bollywood and with Sonakshi in the team, i guess they are targeting hindi audience as well..Kamal chose Himesh for Dasa because he was famous in Bollywood at that time

viraajan
18th March 2011, 08:56 PM
Yes mahen. That could be the reason we believe. But that reason only adds fuel to the fire! So I'm keeping my mouth shut here do not want to talk about it here!

nesamAvE remba kOvathula irukkOm nAnga!!! :x

viraajan
19th March 2011, 09:40 PM
இது வரை தமிழ் படத்திற்கு மட்டுமே இசையமைத்து வந்த யுவன் சங்கர் ராஜா முதன் முதலாக ஹாலிவுட் படத்திற்கு இசையமைக்கிறார்.

சிவா மனசுல சக்தி, பருத்திவீரன், நான் மகான் அல்ல, பில்லா ஆகிய வரவேற்பை பெற்ற படங்களுக்கு இசையமைத்தவர் யுவன் சங்கர் ராஜா. இது வரை தமிழ் படங்களுக்கு மட்டுமே இசையமைத்து வந்தார்.

இவர் இசையமைத்த படங்களின் பாடல்களும் மக்களுடம் வரவேற்பை பெற்றன. இதனை அடுத்து சென்னையில் ஒரு நேரடி இசை நிகழ்ச்சி நடத்தினார்.

இந்நிலையில் யுவன் நேற்று டிவிட்டர் இணையத்தில் " இந்த வருடம் ஒரு மிகப்பெரிய செய்தி காத்திருக்கிறது.. 'கோலிவுட் சினிமா' என்ற எல்லையைத் தாண்டியது அது.. இந்த வருடம் எனக்கு மிகப்பெரியது" என கூறி இருந்தார்.

இதற்கு அவரது ரசிகர் ஒருவர் "கோலிவுட்டை விட மேல் என்றால் கண்டிப்பாக பாலிவுட்காக இருக்காது. அது ஹாலிவுட்காக தான் இருக்கும்" என யுவன் இணையத்திற்கு பதில் கூறினார்.

அதற்கு யுவன் "ஆம், ஹாலிவுட் படத்திற்கு இசை அமைக்கிறேன். டைம் டூ ராக்" என பதில் அளித்துள்ளார்.

viraajan
19th March 2011, 09:41 PM
A Kollywood young gun is going great guns. Yuvan Shankar Raja, the younger son of music maestro Illayaraja, is gearing up to work for a Hollywood project, which according to him would start soon.

“There are more bigger news than just Kollywood. Will let it out once I sign papers. This year is bigger and better for sure!” the music composer tweeted on his microblogging page.

When one of his followers replied to Yuvan saying “When you say bigger news than just Kollywood, I don't want it to be Bollywood. It should be Hollywood”, Yuvan tweeted again: “Yes it is Hollywood! Time to rock.”

In the meantime, the Raja Junior is busy composing background score for ‘Vaanam’ and Bala’s ‘Avan Ivan’. What more, he has signed a Hindi film to be produced by Mani Ratnam’s Madras Talkies.

---
andha 'rasigar', andha 'follower' vEra yArum illa! yeah itzzu mee.... :smokesmirk:

dochu
19th March 2011, 09:51 PM
Silently, K2K got released. Surprised. Nobody discussed here.

Too trendy for me. Felt yuvan didn't put much effort.

viraajan
19th March 2011, 09:56 PM
I'm in love with this album. Enakkaga, Idhu kadhalai rock! Vellai kodi is very good one! The other three did not work for me!

V_S
19th March 2011, 10:27 PM
I liked Natpin Kadhaigal. Good one! Others :neutral:

Sunil_M88
19th March 2011, 11:20 PM
Naa Vetta Pora Aadu - Superb electro orchestration backed by the right dose of melody.

Most songs from the album have beats and synths templated from Evan Di Unna Pethan.

I wonder if he's created his own VST plugins and loops, if so, he's got the sound on the dot.

raghavendran
21st March 2011, 09:26 AM
today vanam album rite...looking forward to another treat from u1

viraajan
21st March 2011, 08:19 PM
http://sevanthi.nl/FB/Vaanam_Sevanthi.mp3

Vaanam promo song!

Awesome song!

viraajan
21st March 2011, 08:21 PM
Before i could listen enough to K2K, Vanam has come! :happydance:

Next in line is Avan Ivan, another different album. Will release in a week of two!

Sunil_M88
21st March 2011, 09:37 PM
NO MONEY NO HONEY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJqI2Lvze6E

Sunil_M88
21st March 2011, 09:39 PM
CABLE RAJA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm1S3Fut_BQ&feature=channel_video_title

Ilayathalapathy Fan
21st March 2011, 09:45 PM
HERE U GO ENJOY: http://www.mediafire.com/?ub3g0z3q075hb48 --- Official Vaanam Music Cd 320 KBPS

Ripper Information

Source : CDDA
Ripper : Shan France - Sevanthi Team
Music File Type : MP3 or I-Tunes v7.6.2.9 Mp3 Format
Ripper Mod : EAC (Secure Mode) / Asus CD-S520
Lame : 3.99
Version : MPEG 1 Layer III
Encoding Bitrate : Extreame,VBR (AVG.Bitrate : 234 Kps)
Sample Size : 16 Bit
Channels : II Stereo / 44100 hz
Q : (q=2) j-Stereo - (ca. 7.3x) qval = 0
Tags Contains : ID3 V2.3 (ANSI) & DV3v1.0
Cover Artwork Included : YES (600 pix* 600 pix) Jpg

Movie Track List

SV01. Evandi Una Pethan...
Singers: Silambarasan & Yuvan Shankar Raja
Lyricis: Smibhu (Tamil) English (Yuvan)
SV02. Vaanam...
Singers: Yuvan Shankar Raja
Lyricis: N.a Muthukumar
SV03. Cable Raja...
Singers: Abhishek & Lawrence
Lyricis: Abhishek & Lawrence
SV04. Who I Am...
Singers: Benny Dayal
SV05. No Money No Honey...
Singers: STR, Andrea, Srikanth Deva

viraajan
21st March 2011, 10:34 PM
Milliblog Karthik says:

Silambarasan mauls Tamil cinema lyrics like never before, in Evan di unna; the song itself is catchy enough with an overdose of the fart-like sound Yuvan loves. Yuvan goes off-key in the title song, but his tune and orchestration completely save it! Cable raja and No money are so obviously focused on the feet; they deliver the goods satisfactorily, with also a surprising cameo by Srikanth Deva in the latter. Yuvan’s rock turn in Who am I? is a throbbing affair with lovely guitar by Keba and full-throated vocals by Benny. Despite all drawbacks, Vaanam remains a very listenable soundtrack!

app_engine
21st March 2011, 11:20 PM
Yuvan going to Hollywood (http://tamil.webdunia.com/entertainment/film/featuresorarticles/1103/21/1110321018_1.htm)

Does anyone know the details?

interz
22nd March 2011, 01:40 AM
first impression of Vaanam soundtrack, only satisfied with evandi unnai pethan, rest are below YSR standard IMO, full review soon...

Mahen
22nd March 2011, 06:36 AM
Disappointing album..too noisy..only the title track is nice..Benny dayal mukki mukki paduraru for the rock song :lol2: All his recent albums ellame average thaan..can only expect one or two good numbers in each album..Hope he bounces back with AB

Sorry Vr :oops:

Mahen
22nd March 2011, 06:39 AM
Yuvan going to Hollywood (http://tamil.webdunia.com/entertainment/film/featuresorarticles/1103/21/1110321018_1.htm)

avaroda twitter-ra vachi thaan intha news

viraajan
22nd March 2011, 09:22 AM
Vaanam title track is mesmerizing! Interesting tune and orchestration! Yuvan :agreed: Lyrics Na Muthukumar :thumbsup:

viraajan
22nd March 2011, 09:32 AM

He's waiting to sign the papers and announce the other details. He tweeted!

interz
22nd March 2011, 07:13 PM
Heard all songs from Vaanam once again

My likes:
Evandi Unnai Pethan
Cable Raja

My dislikes:
Who am I
No money, No honey
Vaanam theme song.

Expected more from a Simbu-Yuvan movie soundtrack, esp since evandi unnai pethan was too good, expectations increased very much because of their single audio release.

abhiveeru
23rd March 2011, 09:45 AM
Much alike 2010, this year is seemingly turning to be a lucky phase for Yuvan Shankar Raja. His long awaited album ‘Kadhal 2 Kalyanam’ that was completed nearly before a year hit audio stores yesterday along with much anticipated ‘Vaanam’ as well. It’s a double treat for the music lovers.

Now Yuvan Shankar Raja comes up saying that he is done with 2 projects and is left with one to go, which is none other than Bala’s ‘Avan Ivan’. The audio launch for this flick is scheduled to be held somewhere in April.

It is worth mentioning that Bala and Yuvan Shankar Raja had already streaked with success together with for ‘Nandha’ that is still praised for its evergreen tunes.

viraajan
23rd March 2011, 04:33 PM
Interz, IMO, the title track is very good. Music, tune, everything is good.

interz
23rd March 2011, 07:51 PM
Interz, IMO, the title track is very good. Music, tune, everything is good.

agreed, I was too quick to judge that song.

dochu
24th March 2011, 06:44 AM
my only pick is 'vaanam..."

again, too trendy - maybe that fits the movie.

On a serious note, i think he should quit using 'auto tuning'. Getting tired of it - been used so many times - no novelty exists.

V_S
24th March 2011, 07:07 AM
On a serious note, i think he should quit using 'auto tuning'. Getting tired of it - been used so many times - no novelty exists.
I completely agree. Apart from novelty, it really takes the credit out of the singer. Too much techno (in the first song), not pleasant to listen. Tunes are also very bland. Sorry to say this, most songs which Yuvan sings are all off-key, why?. Having given some really gem of songs, listening to his music nowadays seems he is tired and want to finish fast. May be I am wrong, but that's what I feel.

suyambu
25th March 2011, 03:22 AM
I too have to agree with the fact that Yuvan should not sing coz his singing is pathetic and he has spoil t many gems. Few examples - Sarvam Songs, Pogathey(deepavali) many in the list....he is immensely talented agreed but the problem is consistency is lacking despite his variety. having said, i used to support him just because he is Meastro's son but later started developing a liking for him. but my above opinions always remained the same. look at ARR for that matter, he is a thorough professional more than Raaja "sometimes" coz Raaja also has done the same mistake by giving many of his wonderful gems to pathetic singer like Bavatharini. i hope someone explains this to him...god bless!!!

raghavendran
25th March 2011, 12:55 PM
quite dissapointing album..evandi unna peththan remains the pick..i also liked the beats in cable raja song..but others didnt work..all songs were similar..vaanam song has the same template as yaar indha pendhan and other couple of songs..this album will not stay in the memory for too long

San_K
25th March 2011, 01:21 PM
Songs are boring

vigneshram
25th March 2011, 02:43 PM
All the songs are super-catchy and sure-shot chart busters.
With Simbu around, you can expect only these kind of mass numbers.
And for a mass album, these songs work big time.

baba88
25th March 2011, 03:22 PM
If the name Yuvan wasnt on the cd i wouldnt even listen to this again. All of Yuvans last albums were below average in my eyes. And they are kind of reptitive. He always uses Auto Tune + this synth from Iragai Pole.

interz
27th March 2011, 01:20 AM
Just watched yuvans live concert in chennai (on youtube per tradition), an awesome show.. it had whole ilayaraja family, great songs, great singers, great actors, great comedy, great introduction, great effects I rarely praise concerts, but this concert is too good, not to comment about.

Mahen
3rd April 2011, 08:46 PM
Yuvan and the discordant notes
2011-04-03 20:27:43

Yuvan Shankar Raja is no longer working on the music of Selvaraghavan's Irandam Ulagam!

There were reports that Selva and Yuvan had patched up and was working together after three years with the Dhanush-Andrea movie.

However, it seems differences has cropped up between them and Yuvan is no longer doing music for Selva's under production film.

GV Prakash is the new music director who will provide five songs for Irandam Ulagam.

Yuvan Shankar Raja peeved with a newspaper report that he "assumed that Selva will sign him up for Kamal Haasan's Viswaroopam", which was later was given to Shankar, Ehsaan and Loy.

Yuvan hit back and tweeted- "I didn't assume, there's nothing to assume when he himself (Selvaraghavan) comes to my studio n talks about that project to me! Guys this isn't the last project on earth that everyone wants to work and I'm not the last composer either. I like my music to do the speaking and it will!!!ā€¯

So he's out of Irandam Ulagam as well? :sigh: appave nenachen..when he was not signed for Kamal's film..

vigneshram
4th April 2011, 10:05 AM
அதெல்லாம் சரி... "I opted out of IU, due to budget issues" nnu tweet pannina GVP (he also unfollowed Selva in Twitter) kku ippo eppadi time & budget set aachu?

prasad_subbu
5th April 2011, 09:02 AM
Don't know what is happening to Yuvan. He used to show lots of creativity and promises. May be taking too much movies. That magic only IR can do. Difficult to see him losing standards and project. God bless him.

viraajan
12th April 2011, 01:46 PM
Avan Ivan - From 18th April! :) :)

viraajan
12th April 2011, 04:26 PM
Track list:

Rasathi - Haricharan - 4:53
Dia Dia Dole - Suchithra - 4:02
Oru Malayoram - Vijay Yesudas, Baby Priyanka, Baby Srinisa, Baby Nithyashree - 5:43
Mudhal Murai - Vijay Prakash - 3:37
Avanapathi - T. L. Maharajan, Sathyan - 5:41

viraajan
12th April 2011, 04:27 PM
Guess those three 'babies' are from Airtel Super Singer Junior.

Srinisha was super cool :D

viraajan
12th April 2011, 05:11 PM
Samples available here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Avan-Ivan/dp/B004W4IDIQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1302606769&sr=8-1

interz
13th April 2011, 11:12 PM
Yuvan is still going strong IMO. He is a versatile MD, who is able to satisfy directors and producers he works with.

Avan Ivan samples sounds good, esp number 1 and 3, I have to listen full songs to as soon as possible.

littlemaster1982
14th April 2011, 08:24 AM
அதெல்லாம் சரி... "I opted out of IU, due to budget issues" nnu tweet pannina GVP (he also unfollowed Selva in Twitter) kku ippo eppadi time & budget set aachu?

Just like Selva and YSR giving interviews "Sandaigalai marandhu vittom. Inimel piriyamattom".

viraajan
14th April 2011, 02:34 PM
LM, I don't think YSR let out any such statement this time. He said they've reunited. Also, when fans questioned him about IU and Viswaroopam, he only said that talks did not go well and hence he is not doing these two films.

littlemaster1982
14th April 2011, 03:17 PM
VR,

I don't remember the verbatim, but both YSR and Selva gave interviews in a mag (Ananda Vikatan I think) which had the statement above. My point is, these things happen, but the celebs deal it in a different way when they have to talk about it. I felt, it's childish to question GVP when Selva and YSR both had to reverse their statements.

viraajan
14th April 2011, 06:49 PM
I'm not sure if Yuvan let any such statement. (Did i forget? ) Selva's interview, i remember. But not Yuvan's! :roll:

prasad_subbu
14th April 2011, 07:40 PM
Internz,

Yuvan is definitely a good creative MD. I wish he follow the same strategy as ARR. Choose limited number of films, make sure every small musical stroke is mesmerizing. He is capable of it. But don't know whether he is willing. The current performance of him(don't know Avan Evan) leaves lot to be desired.

Some time back I saw an interview of him on TV where he was telling that he make sure atleast couple of songs in a movie is good and hummable. What is this couple of songs strategy I don't know. He should make every song great and make sure he choose the best singer.

That way he has real potential and creativity to work with great directors. More than selva, I feel bad that he lost an opportunity to in Kamal Movie, which would have transformed him very different musically.

viraajan
14th April 2011, 08:41 PM
Prasad,

That worried me a lot until few months back. Now that he has stopped signing minor movies, I really feel relieved. More than 70% of the projects he is currently working on are Big. All successful directors. Adhi Bagwan, Mankatha, Vettai, Thanga Meengal (KT Raam's) and few more.

BTW, knowingly or unknowingly every music director is into this 'two or three good songs' problem. This is what is happening in TFM now :banghead: and sad that Yuvan too is in there!

It's very hard to get a movie with all songs super hit... Recently only few movies like VTV, Paiya could reach such a mark.

viraajan
14th April 2011, 08:41 PM
And not to forget, his debut in Bollywood 'Bloody Paki' too is in the biggies list! :)

dochu
15th April 2011, 04:18 AM
Although too early to say, "Avan Ivan" probably is not going to be a chartbuster.

YSR need to take a break, rethink and put his mind in every film. Looks like he is falling down on his own success.

littlemaster1982
15th April 2011, 11:18 AM
I'm not sure if Yuvan let any such statement. (Did i forget? ) Selva's interview, i remember. But not Yuvan's! :roll:

That was a combined interview. Let me see if I could get that magazine.

viraajan
15th April 2011, 12:42 PM
Yes please :)

Yuvan only gave a confirmation that he would join hands with Selva again. Lets see! :cool:

viraajan
15th April 2011, 02:14 PM
Director Ramesh will be directing a flick called "Vana Yudham". A film based of life of Veerapan. Kishore of Polladhavan plays the lead. Music is by Yuvan-nu sollikkuranga! Film have no songs and only BGM it seems! Lets see!

viraajan
15th April 2011, 05:49 PM
There you go! :cool:

Songs are very good. Earthy folk songs, melodies, one pathos! Great album!

No Synth and only live orchestration! Drum beats are great in all songs!

A.ANAND
15th April 2011, 11:02 PM
Songs r very very good!another versatile album from yuvan.angga ingga arr style konjam etti paathalum, ella songslayum pinni pedal eduthirukappala ysr!my fav oru malaiyoram and avanapatti .hats off 2 yuvan!

A.ANAND
15th April 2011, 11:04 PM
There you go! :cool:

Songs are very good. Earthy folk songs, melodies, one pathos! Great album!

No Synth and only live orchestration! Drum beats are great in all songs!

100% true!nalla velai synth sound illa!

V_S
16th April 2011, 07:52 AM
Avan Ivan is very good! :clap: Unlike his recent albums, this is very diferent and much better compared to Vaanan and K2K. Rasathi, Oru Malayoram, Avanapathi are very good. Biggest asset is Yuvan has held back from singing.

ajaybaskar
16th April 2011, 07:55 AM
Audio released?

V_S
16th April 2011, 08:12 AM
Audio released?
Ajay,
It is available online: http://www.dishant.com/album/avan-ivan.html

viraajan
16th April 2011, 08:45 AM
The album is just brilliant! :clap:

viraajan
16th April 2011, 08:46 AM
From Milliblog:

Avanapathi is a veritable celebration of throbbing beats; the arrangement is enticing even as the tune meanders uncomfortably. Dia dia dole is no different; Suchitra, out of her comfort zone, delivers well in this catchy folk instrumental mix. Oru malayoram‘s sweetness loses steam soon enough, while Mudhal murai is typical Bala – obsessively ominous. That leaves us with Rasathi, the stunning showpiece of the soundtrack! Yuvan builds the tempo in this song with amazing maturity as it traverses that haunting violin phase to pick up steam again to end on a high! Yuvan nails the sound perfectly in Avan Ivan.

viraajan
16th April 2011, 09:30 AM
Songs r very very good!another versatile album from yuvan. angga ingga arr style konjam etti paathalum, ella songslayum pinni pedal eduthirukappala ysr!my fav oru malaiyoram and avanapatti .hats off 2 yuvan!

ayya... can you explain those in detail? (if possible :lol: )

viraajan
16th April 2011, 10:45 AM
Na Muthukumar's lyrics are really good in Avan Ivan. :clap:

Mahen
16th April 2011, 12:03 PM
Good album :clap: after so many disappointing albums, yuvan finally returns with a bang..Rasathi is my favorite :)

viraajan
16th April 2011, 03:14 PM
Those kids' vocals are divinely in Oru malayoram song.

All three are from Airtel Super Singer Juniors. I could figure out Srinisha's voice. But no the other two.

Srinisha, Nithyasree and Priyanka - :bow: :bow:

interz
16th April 2011, 10:14 PM
I read that songs from Avan Ivan got leaked, the audio release is on april 18th,

K
17th April 2011, 06:57 AM
yes Avan Ivan Available in net, yuvan dhuvamsam pannitaan, Great Job.

A.ANAND
17th April 2011, 07:50 PM
ayya... can you explain those in detail? (if possible :lol: )

whole avan ivan album raavanan music shadow irupathala sonnen!but he is not copy any song from raavanan.it my opinion only!

groucho070
18th April 2011, 02:34 PM
Yuvan fans, check out my signature. Thanks. :smile:

vigneshram
18th April 2011, 04:59 PM

Impressed by your language. BTW, why don't u spit ur venom elsewhere.

viraajan
18th April 2011, 08:04 PM

Lame!!!

70% songs theriyAma concert pAthadhE thappu... idhula review vEra... mudiyalada saami!!!!!

dochu
19th April 2011, 02:50 AM

That write-up was quite cheap!. You seemed to be the 'odd' one.

jaiganes
19th April 2011, 03:02 AM
@grouch - This part of the article had me laughing uncontrollably..

It’s hard to think of them arriving by hanging from a helicopter. Well for one, the veshti might get entangled with the blades and create a musical disaster of some sort.

groucho070
19th April 2011, 06:23 AM
Lame!!!

70% songs theriyAma concert pAthadhE thappu... idhula review vEra... mudiyalada saami!!!!!Vir, forced to watch because wife wanted to see Rajini's comment that was somewhere right at the end. The point was how Yuvan made what used to be straight forward concert affair a very unique experience, akin to watching rock concerts. Unfortunately you didn't see that point. It's okay, at least you read it enough to label it lame.

groucho070
19th April 2011, 06:24 AM
That write-up was quite cheap!. You seemed to be the 'odd' one.Thank you.

Plum
19th April 2011, 02:27 PM
Grouch, agrahAraththula vandhu aira meen viththA ipdi dhAn Agum. Thoroughly enjoyed the post.
Yuvan fans - that wasnt against Yuvan, if you saw the blog in its entirety.

groucho070
19th April 2011, 02:33 PM
Grouch, agrahAraththula vandhu aira meen viththA ipdi dhAn Agum. :lol: right analogy.

Nerd
19th April 2011, 06:33 PM
I think the 2nd paragraph in that article did not go down well with them. Anyway I liked the article and like you, found the come on chennaiiii every two minutes extremely annoying.

kid-glove
19th April 2011, 06:35 PM
Yuvan saying.. "Come. on. Chennaiiii"
What. A. Sight :lol2:

Grouch :thumbsup:

V_S
19th April 2011, 07:18 PM
That's what I thought too and it is not against Yuvan's songs too, it was basically against the trend in our shows, was surprised by the reaction. Very good post grouch :clap:

San_K
19th April 2011, 07:25 PM
Grouch, agrahAraththula vandhu aira meen viththA ipdi dhAn Agum. Thoroughly enjoyed the post.

+1 yuvan fans don't get serious dudes

SoftSword
19th April 2011, 07:29 PM

:lol: right analogy.

i disagree.
kedaavettukku vandhavan elai'la thakkaali saadham vekkira maadhiri.

viraajan
19th April 2011, 10:16 PM
Grouch and others,

I get your points. But then, I felt certain lines and words could have been avoided (Of course, It is his personal opinion and it is his blog where he can write anything). It is obvious that HC fans get irritated with those words when they read it.

Regards

arsaregama
20th April 2011, 07:41 PM
http://www.highonscore.com/theres-always-a-first-yuvans-score-ripped-off
gosh!.. yuvan was shocked i beleive......

viraajan
22nd April 2011, 11:12 AM
Dia dole song is a treat. Beautifully divided into two halves. First half with music and dia dole phrase... The second half is truly brilliant :bow: This is the place where Yuvan has used 40 Drums i believe.

Avan Ivan is just brilliant!

Oru Malaiyoram - A song where Yuvan has gone closer to IR. The song which was initially a disappointment is now a celebration :) Loved every part of the charanam except the first line which did not work for me. Once the kids take over, the charanam becomes truly mesmerizing. Wow!

Nerd
22nd April 2011, 07:07 PM
Priyanka is brilliant in oru malaiyOram. I think the other two little ones have just one line each in the charanams. Nithyashree sings the lo..ng phrase and Srinisha sings the cutesy lines. Great song.

My favorite is avanapathi (minus the irritating ah ah ah towards the end). Terrific beats.

viraajan
22nd April 2011, 07:30 PM
That 'ah ah ah' did not work for anyone it seems :oops: Yuvan could have waited and got a better version from the singer!

K
22nd April 2011, 08:24 PM
Oru Malai Oram- Song of 2011 and It will Be remembered for years.

K
22nd April 2011, 08:25 PM
http://kolipaiyan.blogspot.com/2011/04/blog-post_22.html

raghavendran
24th April 2011, 09:26 AM
avanapathi is superb...the rural beats are superb..surely the visuals will make the songs a treat..

Mahen
24th April 2011, 10:01 AM
yuvan should have opted for a different singer for that song...i dont like the singer's voice..He sang kadhal yogi-taalam i think :)

Saai
25th April 2011, 08:51 AM
The best part of avana pathi pada poren song is the selection of singer - TL Maharajan....what ya enigmatic voice...just synchs with the rural beats like anything.

Not just kadhal yogi...unmai kelai(swasam) , andhi mazhai megam (nayagan) are some of his gems..a singer who should have been utilized more. Yuvan :thumbsup:

viraajan
25th April 2011, 10:08 AM
Oru Malai has grown like anything! Awesome melody!

Yuvan :bow:

viraajan
25th April 2011, 06:35 PM
Raam is done with one schedule of his next flick 'Thanga Meengal'. Two songs have been composed (both melodies. Lyrics Na. Muthukumar) by Yuvan till now. Raam is starting his second schedule soon.

Mahen
25th April 2011, 07:41 PM
Having high hopes on that film..KT was Yuvan's best for me :)

NormalMan
1st May 2011, 09:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vffPVJgwDtQ&sns=tw

Quite impressive I should say.

baba88
7th May 2011, 02:20 PM
it seems like HJ will be the MD for Selvaraghavans next movie in Telugu.

viraajan
9th June 2011, 06:01 PM
Charan talks about Music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tltbRAe4T0I&feature=player_embedded

Awesome to hear :redjump:

Can't wait to see the movie...! :redjump:

viraajan
9th June 2011, 06:03 PM
"International award jeichabodhu, indha padathula adhigam pesappatta oru vishayam-na adhu music/bgm thaan"

Yuvan................................... :smokesmirk:

sureshmehcnit
11th June 2011, 09:45 AM
Listen to 19 Cues from Yuvan Shankar Raja's mindblowing background score in Aaranya Kaandam

http://www.backgroundscore.com/2011/06/aaranya-kaandam-background-score.html

ajaybaskar
11th June 2011, 11:34 AM
AK is the best among all YSR films. Class!!

viraajan
11th June 2011, 04:08 PM
Great to hear Ajay. I'm yet to watch the movie. Dying! Movie is not released in Cuddalore, Pondy! :(

Will be in Chennai to watch it on Tuesday!

Yuvan will go places!

sureshmehcnit
18th June 2011, 12:49 PM
Some cues from Avan Ivan background score

http://www.backgroundscore.com/2011/06/avan-ivan-background-score.html

raghavendran
23rd June 2011, 07:57 PM
initial credits of AI chanceless....especially when the title comes..haunting...u1 stamp all over it

SoftSword
23rd June 2011, 08:09 PM
AK is the best among all YSR films. Class!!

i agree.
the music gave me a feel and an impact which got previously with the violin bit in SK's passage.

SoftSword
23rd June 2011, 08:10 PM
initial credits of AI chanceless....especially when the title comes..haunting...u1 stamp all over it

i was cursing bala to atleast hav made the avan-ivan song play while the title cards shown.
it would not hav disturbed the setup anyway.

dochu
24th July 2011, 12:01 AM
A new song for Mangatha!

http://cinema.vikatan.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=874:2011-07-22-09-13-26&catid=903:tamil-cinema-news&Itemid=63

viraajan
1st August 2011, 06:20 PM
I'm back here with a great news :cool:

The much awaited news is out! Really happy to share it here!

Yuvan has signed an Indo-Chinese movie. Half shot in US and Half in China. An action adventure.

Yet-to-be titled.

Yuvan - Congrats :2thumbsup: and :clap:

viraajan
4th August 2011, 08:36 PM
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005FMCSEY

Mankatha samples!

Theme music sema guethu! Wow! :clap: Don't miss that!

Waiting for full album! Two melodies irukku.

SPB Charan's song wil be v.good!

Sunil_M88
9th August 2011, 11:22 PM
Switching back and fourth between father and son (Thandavakone - IR and Mankatha - YSR)

Nanbane - never heard anything like this from Tamil films, wow what a smashing prelude. This song didn't really require a bass line but nevertheless it flows. It's driving me insane. The bass and the choral backdrop of this song make me want to go on a long drive some where in the hilly countryside during sunset. Yuvan sirs maturity sparkles brightly. :D Madhushree :bow:

viraajan
10th August 2011, 12:48 PM
Nanbane sounds really awesome :) Wow! Yuvan :hammer: for choosing Madhusree. She struggles in some places :x

Nee Naan compensates with fabulous vocals from Charan :cool:

interz
10th August 2011, 04:49 PM
I agree. Song could have been much better, if he didnt choose Madhushree.

I didnt like Chennai 600018 songs, one Song in Saroja, no songs in GOA,

so quite a bit surprised about Mankatha songs. Yuvan did experiment a lot in the songs, which makes it worth listen, and still keep it melodious and peppy. No dull songs.

SoftSword
10th August 2011, 04:54 PM
u mean u liked al the songs in goa?

interz
11th August 2011, 03:29 AM
Let me put it this way: I only liked "Dhostu Badu Dhostu from Saroja. I didnt like any songs from CHennai 600018 or GOA.

Its still a wonder how Yuvan having many projects, and he is still able to deliver good music/songs almost each time.

Is it Vettai audio release after Mankatha for Yuvan?`??

Mahen
11th August 2011, 08:43 AM
started liking balelaka and nee naan..the rest not impressive..i will like to reiterate that mangatha is the weakest VP-Yuvan album

Mahen
11th August 2011, 09:52 AM
Let me put it this way: I only liked "Dhostu Badu Dhostu from Saroja. I didnt like any songs from CHennai 600018 or GOA.

Its still a wonder how Yuvan having many projects, and he is still able to deliver good music/songs almost each time.

Is it Vettai audio release after Mankatha for Yuvan?`??
:shock: both were brilliant albums

:confused2: if he's able to deliver good music each time, why you didnt like goa/saroja/chennai?

viraajan
16th August 2011, 10:31 AM
Yuvan in Ramesh's Vana Yudnam. Biopic of Veerappan.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-b0bNQipAw7w/TknvFiNNIWI/AAAAAAAAB4I/TEkpLslh5I0/s640/castncrew.jpg

ajaybaskar
24th August 2011, 01:06 PM
Yuvan marries Dr.Shilpa on Sep 1st.

K
25th August 2011, 01:40 PM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2011/08/24-yuvan-ties-the-knot-with-shilpa-on-tirupati-aid0128.html

sureshmehcnit
31st August 2011, 10:49 PM
Mankatha background score (7 BGM Clips)

http://www.backgroundscore.com/2011/08/mankatha-background-score.html

app_engine
2nd September 2011, 11:43 PM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/img/2011/09/02-yuvan-shilpa-300.jpg

wedded in Tirupati (http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2011/09/yuvan-weds-shilpa-at-thiruppathi-aid0136.html)

viraajan
27th September 2011, 09:30 PM
Yuvan tweeted that he's working on multiple albums now! Albums that are coming up from Yuvan, for this year:

Thanga Meengal
Kazhugu
Billa - II
Rajapattai and
Shadow (Vishnuvardhan's Telugu movie)!

viraajan
1st October 2011, 05:20 PM
Vikram's 'Rajapattai' joins the single bandwagon
IndiaGlitz [Saturday, October 01, 2011]

Releasing single audio tracks before the actual audio launch seems to have become the fad of the day in Tamil cinema, and the films that have earlier seen single song releases, Simbu's 'Vaanam', Ajith's 'Mankatha' and Adharva - Amala Paul's 'Muppozhudhum Un Karpanaigal' have all generated good buzz encouraging this trend further.

Joining this league soon will be Chiyaan Vikram's next offering, 'Rajapattai' where he shares screen space with Deeksha Seth. It maybe mentioned that this is the first time Yuvan Shankar Raja and Vikram will be getting together for a film making it a special something to look forward to.

Not just that, this single track is touted to have been crooned by Vikram!

'Rajapattai' sees Vikram as one who wants to get a big break in Tamil cinema as a villain. The film is taking shape at a fast pace and will see light of the day during the Christmas holidays. It is also Suseenthiran's first ever commercial cinema with a mass appeal.

Yuvan's earlier singles brought him much acclaim (Vaanam and Mankatha), let's just hope the single mantra works magic for him again!

viraajan
14th November 2011, 09:10 PM
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kazhugoo/dp/B0065B722M/ref=sr_shvl_album_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1321283438&sr=301-1

Samples from Yuvan's upcoming album "Kazhugu".

Complete folk album!

VinodKumar's
14th November 2011, 09:50 PM
I thought Murugadoss would choose Yuvan for his project with Vijay aana Harris Jeyaraj ah choose pannitaaru :banghead:

Are there any issues between them ? Dheena nalla thaanae workout aachu appuram yean ???

app_engine
14th November 2011, 10:30 PM
I thought Murugadoss would choose Yuvan for his project with Vijay aana Harris Jeyaraj ah choose pannitaaru :banghead:

Are there any issues between them ? Dheena nalla thaanae workout aachu appuram yean ???

I think it is "hero's choice" in all ARM movies and not his.

DheenA : YSR
RamaNA : IR
Stalin(? Telugu RamaNA) : HJ
Gajini (T) : HJ
Gajini (H) : ARR
7Am aRivu : HJ

I think if 7Am is made in Hindi with A Khan, ARR is a strong possibility (unless ARR says "no" to them).

viraajan
16th November 2011, 09:02 AM

No issues between them. Gajini with Surya-HJ clicked big time. Quite agreeable that the combo continues!

ajaybaskar
16th November 2011, 11:33 AM
APP,

Stalin was composed by Mani Sharma I believe..

VinodKumar's
16th November 2011, 12:23 PM
I think it is "hero's choice" in all ARM movies and not his.

DheenA : YSR
RamaNA : IR
Stalin(? Telugu RamaNA) : HJ
Gajini (T) : HJ
Gajini (H) : ARR
7Am aRivu : HJ

I think if 7Am is made in Hindi with A Khan, ARR is a strong possibility (unless ARR says "no" to them).

gajini hindi and Stalin (MS) chances irruku mathathukellam ARM choice thaanu nenaikiraen.

viraajan
19th November 2011, 06:20 PM
Vishnuvardhan directed, Power Star (Not Dr 'Srinivasan'. lol) 'Pawan" starrer, "Panjaa" (Telugu) audio releasing today @ Hyderabad. Title track is here!

http://www.youtube.com/user/panjaaofficial#p/u/0/UF291IJYY1s

Sunil_M88
21st November 2011, 07:52 AM
Ela ela by Haricharan and Shweta Pandit. :musicsmile:

Haricharan seems like the first choice for every MD for these kind of haunting melodies these days. Yuvan sir proves he is the best at merging sounds of the yore with current and urban/youthful nuances. Sometimes I feel, he might be the only bridge in the industry as his compositions near enough always deliver an authentic quotient with an ambiance that's truly ahead of its time. Yes, he make take a leaf out of Raaja saab's book when it comes to melody but his zingy trademark has proven that he too can leave his own impact on listeners.

viraajan
21st November 2011, 03:21 PM
Sunil :)

Loved Ela Ela and Anakone... Both are superb melodies!

Kshanam Kshanam, shorter version of Ela Ela is equally good! Just like "Kadhal endral" in Goa!

Title track is good too!

Only two songs that did not work for me are Veyira and Paparayudu!

Sunil_M88
22nd November 2011, 09:15 PM
Kazhugoo High Quality New Promos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_POR7nkAy0

viraajan
23rd November 2011, 08:18 AM
Listened to full songs!

Aathadi - :bow: A song for all... Incredible song... Very beautiful tune and lovely rendition. Ilaiyaraja-oda ratham romba pramadhama theriyudhu... Last time it was Eleleu thalamurai, and this time it is Aathadi manasula... :thumbsup:

Strongly recommended... Don't miss this song guys!

R.Latha
30th November 2011, 08:03 PM
Vikram's much awaited Rajapattai is likely to have a grand audio launch in Chennai on December 9, 2011.

Source: Galatta

viraajan
7th December 2011, 07:44 PM
"Veedinthe" telugu dubbed version of Rajapattai audio has been released today.

Tamil audio is expected on 9th Dec!

Sunil_M88
7th December 2011, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the info. Viraajan, I just streamed the album. No doubt that Yuvan sir has delivered something fresh here and because I make I beats I really admire his experimentation between contrasting genres in this album. Every song is different.

My verdict -

Has Yuvan delivered? Yes!
Has he pushed the boundaries of film music? Yes!
Have I become a bigger Yuvan fan? Yes, yes and yes :bow:

R.Latha
8th December 2011, 07:06 PM
Kolaveri inspires Yuvan

Chennai: Emulating a successful trend is a common phenomenon in the film industry. Composer Yuvan Shankar Raja is all set to cash in the success of Tamil song `Kolaveri` by composing and crooning something similar for the movie `Vettai`.

Yuvan`s version of the song is titled `Papparappa`, part of Madhavan-Arya starrer `Vettai`. The peppy dance number, sung by Yuvan himself, will be released officially on Dece 12.

It is learnt from reliable sources that the team of `Vettai` will shoot an in-studio video of the song in the lines of `Kolaveri` and uploaded it on the video sharing website.

"The team felt that this number from the album (which has a total of five songs) has the potential to become a rage. It`s a party number and with Yuvan singing it, we wanted to make it special. We also decided to shoot a video of the song during the recording," said a source.

"It will be shot on Arya, Maddy, director Lingusamy, lyricist Na Muthukumar and Yuvan himself. We are trying to rope in Amala Paul for the video as the song is picturised on her and Arya in the film. We want to make this the `Vettai team song`," added the source.

http://zeenews.india.com/entertainment/music/yuvan-to-his-kolaveri-version_101661.htm

R.Latha
8th December 2011, 07:09 PM
Kolaveri inspires Yuvan

Chennai: Emulating a successful trend is a common phenomenon in the film industry. Composer Yuvan Shankar Raja is all set to cash in the success of Tamil song `Kolaveri` by composing and crooning something similar for the movie `Vettai`.

Yuvan`s version of the song is titled `Papparappa`, part of Madhavan-Arya starrer `Vettai`. The peppy dance number, sung by Yuvan himself, will be released officially on Dece 12.

It is learnt from reliable sources that the team of `Vettai` will shoot an in-studio video of the song in the lines of `Kolaveri` and uploaded it on the video sharing website.

"The team felt that this number from the album (which has a total of five songs) has the potential to become a rage. It`s a party number and with Yuvan singing it, we wanted to make it special. We also decided to shoot a video of the song during the recording," said a source.

"It will be shot on Arya, Maddy, director Lingusamy, lyricist Na Muthukumar and Yuvan himself. We are trying to rope in Amala Paul for the video as the song is picturised on her and Arya in the film. We want to make this the `Vettai team song`," added the source.

http://zeenews.india.com/entertainment/music/yuvan-to-his-kolaveri-version_101661.htm

R.Latha
10th December 2011, 09:37 AM
Rajapattai song list

01. Podi Paiyyan Polave…Singers: Haricharan
Lyricis: Yuga Bharathi

02. Villaathi Villan…Singers: Mano, Malathi

03. Paniye Paniye…Singers: Javed Ali, Renuka

04. Laddu Laddu Rendu Laddu…Singers: Vikram, Priyadharshini, Suchitra

http://www.tamilkey.info/rajapattai-2011.html

viraajan
10th December 2011, 10:05 PM
Thanks for the info. Viraajan, I just streamed the album. No doubt that Yuvan sir has delivered something fresh here and because I make I beats I really admire his experimentation between contrasting genres in this album. Every song is different.

My verdict -

Has Yuvan delivered? Yes!
Has he pushed the boundaries of film music? Yes!
Have I become a bigger Yuvan fan? Yes, yes and yes :bow:

:) :) Welcome to the club :thumbsup:

Yes, the two songs in RP has superb orchestration. The veenai interlude in Laddu is really awesome! :)

But tune fails big time! Yuvan really lacks in this area. Needs to improve in giving catchy tune that readily impresses... With a not-impressive tune, the orchestration will go unnoticed only! ungala madiri, enna madiri yaravadhu ketta than undu :)

Anyway, Podi paiyan is the pick! Haricharan-Yuvan combo has done it again!

What the album misses very badly is Na. Muthukumar!

viraajan
12th December 2011, 06:29 PM
Vettai Single is out on Youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-Ao5IL6Q3k

viraajan
15th December 2011, 10:27 PM
http://www.saavn.com

Available for online listen. Search for "Vettai"!

Dham dham song is very nice! Absolute pick right now!

cepark
15th December 2011, 10:36 PM
VETTAI all songs
Dham dham...

http://ww.smashits.com/vettai/dham-dham-dham-dham-dham/song-224159.html

Damma damma...

http://ww.smashits.com/vettai/damma-damma-damma-damma/song-224160.html

Thaya thakka...

http://ww.smashits.com/vettai/thaiyath-thakka-thakka/song-224163.html

Kattipidi....

http://ww.smashits.com/vettai/kattipidi/song-224161.html

Paparappa...

http://ww.smashits.com/vettai/pappappa-pappa-pappappa/song-224162.html

Sunil_M88
16th December 2011, 03:30 AM
Damma Damma Damma Damma and Thaiyath Thakka Thakka are the most engrossing songs I've heard from Yuvan sir's repertoire this year. He has the calibre but sadly doesn't display consistency in this. I always wait for that one OOTW song that he brings out every blue moon and this time not only have I been swept off my feet but also completely blown away by surprise. The carnatic keerthi portion in Damma Damma Damma Damma is soulfully relaxing to say the least. The other songs are so so but I'm not complaining as I could listen to these two on loop for a long time.

viraajan
16th December 2011, 08:45 AM
Listened to all songs!

Undoubtedly Dham Dham is the pick! Very simple and catchy tune for which the orchestration is very grand... The clap sound (which has become regular in all Yuvan's recent albums) is too good! This song is sure to become a big hit! :thumbsup: The second interlude :bow:

Kattipudi and Thaiya thakka are good numbers too... Orchestration is bit dominant in the latter. If that was taken care, the song would have come out really well...

The blend of Aandal Paasuram in Damma Damma is very pleasant to hear :cool:

Pappappa - Already discussed. Barring the Vaichukkava resemblance, the song is very catchy and I'm liking it.

After disappointed by one/two hit wonders like Kazhugu, RP, I'm much satisfied with Vettai. Fallen, mainly for the energetic and lively orchestration, catchy hooks, and very nice singer selection!

Na Muthukumar-ku romba velai vaikkala indha padathula :lol:

viraajan
17th December 2011, 08:24 PM
Some good tweets to cherish :cheer:

* Thanks a lot for all your support friends have no words to explain how I feel now!This goes out to all my fans!

* Next year will be BIG I mean it! I will not let my fans down,love you all from the bottom of my heart!!!so grateful to be here n do music!

:smokesmirk:

viraajan
30th December 2011, 08:26 AM
Two Yuvan albums are expected in Jan 2012:

Mr. Nokia (Telugu album)

Thanga Meengal (Katradhu Thamizh Ram's second movie, produced by GVM).

Sunil_M88
22nd January 2012, 05:30 PM
Mr. No Kiya - Oke Oka Jeevitham

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uckeV4568J8

Yuvan and Haricharan do it again, both the inteludes have exuberant violins to say the least, 1st one being WCM/Celtic and 2nd one being Carnatic :musicsmile:

viraajan
22nd January 2012, 08:45 PM
Mr. No Kiya - Oke Oka Jeevitham

Yuvan and Haricharan do it again, both the inteludes have exuberant violins to say the least, 1st one being WCM/Celtic and 2nd one being Carnatic :musicsmile:

Haricharan's singing is fabulous! Particularly the second charanam! Slight changes in orchestration hasn't spoiled the beauty of this song! Loved it! :cool:

k_vanan
2nd March 2012, 02:28 PM
Billa 2 Track List Unveiled
Thursday March 01, 2012

Billa 2 Track List Unveiled

Irresistible invigoration, undeniable excitement and it’s high-spirited fans everywhere in town as the celebration is all set to begin with starters now. Producer Sunir Chandra has announced that the theatrical trailer will be released shortly while the audio launch has been schedule by March 20.

Meanwhile a fan website of Ajith Kumar has unveiled the track list of album as follows.

1. Billa Theme - Rahul Nambiar
2. Thotta Pol - Shankar Mahadevan, Neha Bhash
3. Un Ponmeni - Karthik, Shreya Ghosal & Yuvan
4. Pudhiya Nizhal - Shankar Mahadevan, Rahul Nambiar & Tanvi Shah
5. The Final Chase - Tanvi Shah, Suchitra
6. Don Don - Krish

R.Latha
5th March 2012, 08:32 PM
Oru Kal Oru Kannadi

Directed by M. Rajesh
Produced by : Udhayanidhi Stalin
Written by : M. Rajesh
Starring : Udhayanidhi Stalin ,Hansika Motwani, Santhanam

01. Kaadhal Oru…Singers: Aalaap Raju, Hemachandran, Sunitha Sarathy
Lyrics: Na.Muthukumar

02. Azhage Azhage…Singers: Mukesh, Sri Madhumitha

03. Akila Akila…Singers: Aalaap Raju, Chinmayi, Addition Voice: Sharmila

04. Adada Oru…Singers: Karthik

05. Venaam Macha…Singers: Naresh Iyer, Velmurugan

http://www.tamilkey.info/oru-kal-oru-kannadi-2012.html

San_K
6th March 2012, 11:33 AM
:roll:

K
4th April 2012, 07:47 PM
யுவன் தயாரிக்க, அஜீத் நடிக்க... புதிய படம்!

http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/heroes/2012/04/ajith-yuvan-s-own-banner-aid0136.html

R.Latha
30th April 2012, 12:03 PM
Yuvan, Venkat and Premgi loved it
yuvan-shankar-raja-venkat-prabhu-30-04-12
Apr 30, 2012

Bhavatharini, National Award winning singer and daughter of Ilaiyaraja organized "How to Name it" - a live show in honor of the 25 year anniversary of her father's Indo-Western music album of the same name that was inspired from Bach and Thiagaraja. It was held in Anna Centenary Hall, Chennai.

The show featured violonists Ganesh and Kumaresh and performances by Ambi Subramaniam and Rajhesh Vaidhya were also the highlights of the show. Bhavatharini is planning to go international with this show. Her brothers, Yuvan Shankar Raja, Venkat Prabhu and Premji Amaren praised her efforts and said they loved it. They also showed their support by actively promoting the show on social networking sites.
Tags : Yuvan Shankar Raja,Venkat Prabhu

viraajan
30th April 2012, 06:43 PM
First album from Yuvan in 2012, Billa II is out tomorrow! Let's wait and see! :cool: