PDA

View Full Version : Box Office Collections

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17]

Russellmvr
15th May 2015, 10:54 AM
Cinema is not only business for some people. For some it is an art as well.

Art... yes... but should be enjoyable at some point. And I am not implying the business here. If you offering something to the general public, it should cater their needs.
Simply you cannot expect your best product to do well among ppl ignoring their points. Just not only for cinema, but any industries.

Cinemarasigan
15th May 2015, 11:36 AM
Art... yes... but should be enjoyable at some point. And I am not implying the business here. If you offering something to the general public, it should cater their needs.
Simply you cannot expect your best product to do well among ppl ignoring their points. Just not only for cinema, but any industries.

Agree with your views related to entertainment & service catering to people. success and failure are part of everybody's career. As Pushpak mentioned Kamal kind of people try for some other variety. Most of the times it succeeds... if it is otherwise he need not be treated badly.

Russellmvr
15th May 2015, 11:44 AM
Agree with your views related to entertainment & service catering to people. success and failure are part of everybody's career. As Pushpak mentioned Kamal kind of people try for some other variety. Most of the times it succeeds... if it is otherwise he need not be treated badly.

Agreed.

In fact Kamal is a genius. Anbe sivam was not a commercial success then, but now we see it as an epic product. Same goes to most of his movies like Virumandi, Alavanathan and all. It took sometime for most of the ppl to get the movie. We can not blame them for that. I wish Kamal to give the same ingredients with some substance, where it can be inhaled right then and there. He should understand there are people out there who loves him for movies like Indian and Vassol Raja.

Russellmvr
15th May 2015, 11:46 AM
Even though, I belong to the later generation's stars. I feel, these BO powers are no more belong to particular stars. Few have the power to boost it, but can not make it alone.
We are living in an Era where even Sivakarthikeyan movie could make records.

Raajjaa
15th May 2015, 12:00 PM
91-92ல் விஜய்காந்துக்கு கேப்டன் பிரபாகரன்,சின்ன கவுண்டர் வெற்றி பெற்றவுடன் கமல் அவுட்டு,விஜய் காந்துதான் இனிமேல் என்று கூறினார்கள். எங்கே அந்த விஜய்காந்த் இப்போ?

2002-03ல் விக்ரம் படம் சாமி,ஜெமினி,தூள் வரிசையாக வெற்றி பெற்றவுடன் கமல் அவுட்டு,விக்ரம் தான் இனிமேல் என்று கூறினார்கள். எங்கே அந்த விக்ரம் இப்போ?

இப்போ யாரு? அஜித்தும்,விஜய்யும்மா?

[நம்ம ரஜினி இந்த லிஸ்ட்ல வரமாட்டர். ஏன்னா அவர் 4 வருஷத்துக்கு ஒரு படம் கொடுத்துட்டு நானும் ரவுடிதானு கூறிக்கிட்டு இருக்கார்].

pushpak
15th May 2015, 12:02 PM
Even in pure business, profit is not the only goal for the business men.
It again varies. For some it is profit, for some it is the wider customer base (reach more people with ok to have less profit), for some brand value (do not want the best margin, do not want to make it reach a billion people - but no compromise on quality).
So we cannot say business means more profit or more reach.

Russellmvr
15th May 2015, 02:28 PM
Even in pure business, profit is not the only goal for the business men.
It again varies. For some it is profit, for some it is the wider customer base (reach more people with ok to have less profit), for some brand value (do not want the best margin, do not want to make it reach a billion people - but no compromise on quality).
So we cannot say business means more profit or more reach.

The ultimate Goal of any business.... I mean any Business is Profit. Nothing else. The so called Customer base, brand and all are earned for further profit only.
If A movie can not generate profit simply is just a waste effort.

If you think kamal just taking movies for his own Art and not for money, I have no more discussion on it. :-)

pushpak
15th May 2015, 02:54 PM
The ultimate Goal of any business.... I mean any Business is Profit. Nothing else. The so called Customer base, brand and all are earned for further profit only.
If A movie can not generate profit simply is just a waste effort.

If you think kamal just taking movies for his own Art and not for money, I have no more discussion on it. :-)

Thank you.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
15th May 2015, 03:37 PM
For Business itself they say வியாபாரத்தில் லாப நஷ்டம் சகஜம் தான். Especially this statement was uttered recently by many rajni fans as a counter statement to linga loss to its distributors and exibitors. Not only that Koch, Baba Kuselan too were industry's biggest losses. In that way, UV is not only no-loss but also pretty decent/average profit overall.

And Art is not and shudnt be seen as pure "business-only" at all. Business is also important but Art is 1st priority than business. Even in the commercial movies taken by superstars, they too give Art only in name of entertainment, masala. It will be much diluted art but still its art only.

If one sees Cinema as profit-loss medium only, then he has severely misunderstood the medium. There are 1000 other ways to do Business and make profits.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
15th May 2015, 03:42 PM
THat said, it doesn't mean kamal films wont care about returns, profit, at all. In fact Kamal has given industry's biggest record breaking blockbusters like Aboorva Sagotharargal, which had a very long run where 3 rajni films came and went out of theaters! AS was still running! And AS is the 1st south indian film were the overeas market was expanded as FMS(Foreign Malaysia singapore) and also AS revived the about-to-be-closed theaters in Singapore and Malaysia and gave new life to them!

And then 2 blockbusters in same year 1996 that is Indian and AvvaiShanmugi. Indian broke Baasha records square one and also had a very wide overseas success. Tenaali too had great overseas business which lead KSR to title kamal as Ulaganaayagan. Then Dasavatharam broke Sivaaji records.

omega
15th May 2015, 04:02 PM
THat said, it doesn't mean kamal films wont care about returns, profit, at all. In fact Kamal has given industry's biggest record breaking blockbusters like Aboorva Sagotharargal, which had a very long run where 3 rajni films came and went out of theaters! AS was still running! And AS is the 1st south indian film were the overeas market was expanded as FMS(Foreign Malaysia singapore) and also AS revived the about-to-be-closed theaters in Singapore and Malaysia and gave new life to them!

And then 2 blockbusters in same year 1996 that is Indian and AvvaiShanmugi. Indian broke Baasha records square one and also had a very wide overseas success. Tenaali too had great overseas business which lead KSR to title kamal as Ulaganaayagan. Then Dasavatharam broke Sivaaji records.

Sakala,
How come u forgot Viswaroopam singlehandedly thwarting Enthiran records (created by running behind trendy director, shinny heroine, heart throb music director, successful comedian, lyrics writer, art director, expensive WIGS etc etc)

Is it coming in ur next post?
We r waiting to hear.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
15th May 2015, 04:08 PM
hi omega, ur joke didnt work!

Adox
15th May 2015, 05:47 PM
Most including Kamal fans think that Nammavar does movies for art and not for business. Cant be any further than truth. He has mentioned in an interview when asked this question that business is very important to him and hopes each of his movies succeed in the box office. Just that he doesnt stick to formula based movies but experiments with a hope that people embrace it. Sometimes it falls flat. In a way VR could be thought as his experiment which succeeded big.

thamiz
15th May 2015, 05:51 PM
OK kanmani did do well at overseas BO after lingaa..:)

thamiz
15th May 2015, 05:53 PM
Kandhana 2 is surprizingly doing great business in AP/nizam and in malaysia BO! லாரண்ஸ்க்கு இது ஒரு நல்ல நேரம்தான். :)

thamiz
15th May 2015, 05:58 PM
So many new releases this week. Satyam cinemas giving priority to new movies and reduced UV and VRV shows quite a bit!

Russellmvr
15th May 2015, 05:59 PM
Most including Kamal fans think that Nammavar does movies for art and not for business. Cant be any further than truth. He has mentioned in an interview when asked this question that business is very important to him and hopes each of his movies succeed in the box office. Just that he doesnt stick to formula based movies but experiments with a hope that people embrace it. Sometimes it falls flat. In a way VR could be thought as his experiment which succeeded big.

Exactly my point was :-)

thamiz
15th May 2015, 06:02 PM

You jumped from AS to Tenali and left out BB Padayappaa which came out in between! :lol:

Russellmvr
15th May 2015, 06:09 PM
If they say VR has crossed 200Cr, they have to accept that Enthiran crossed 400Cr.

Coz same site claimed it also...!!

Adox
15th May 2015, 06:24 PM
If they say VR has crossed 200Cr, they have to accept that Enthiran crossed 400Cr.

Nothing like if 'they' say. Just a few months ago, I posted about 20 different sources about VR's collections ranging between 220c to 240c. Like wise I've not seen the 400c number but rather 300c for Endhiran.

PARAMASHIVAN
15th May 2015, 06:29 PM
How come u forgot Viswaroopam singlehandedly thwarting Enthiran records (created by running behind trendy director, shinny heroine, heart throb music director, successful comedian, lyrics writer, art director, expensive WIGS etc etc)

. lol, don't forget the "Hollywood" make up artists ! :yessir:

Cinemarasigan
15th May 2015, 07:22 PM

Bill4u, one small change in your first statement - "Nammavar does movies for art and for business". konjam sikkalaana matter. many time clicks, sometime it does not.. Please bring these kind of things to KH threads.. bit uneasy here.. same things are being told multiple times by different people in different versions.

Let me quote a line from saagaa varam song: Theera Kadhaiyai Ketpaarundo? Kaelaai Mannaa Kaelaai Mannaa

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
15th May 2015, 07:55 PM

And vice verse too, via the same logic! ;)

venkkiram
15th May 2015, 07:56 PM
91-92ல் விஜய்காந்துக்கு கேப்டன் பிரபாகரன்,சின்ன கவுண்டர் வெற்றி பெற்றவுடன் கமல் அவுட்டு,விஜய் காந்துதான் இனிமேல் என்று கூறினார்கள். எங்கே அந்த விஜய்காந்த் இப்போ?

2002-03ல் விக்ரம் படம் சாமி,ஜெமினி,தூள் வரிசையாக வெற்றி பெற்றவுடன் கமல் அவுட்டு,விக்ரம் தான் இனிமேல் என்று கூறினார்கள். எங்கே அந்த விக்ரம் இப்போ?

இப்போ யாரு? அஜித்தும்,விஜய்யும்மா?

[நம்ம ரஜினி இந்த லிஸ்ட்ல வரமாட்டர். ஏன்னா அவர் 4 வருஷத்துக்கு ஒரு படம் கொடுத்துட்டு நானும் ரவுடிதானு கூறிக்கிட்டு இருக்கார்].

:rotfl:

ராஜா அண்ணே சரியான ஃபார்ம்ல இருக்கார். ஒவ்வொரு பதிவும் பட்டாசுதான்.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
15th May 2015, 07:57 PM
You jumped from AS to Tenali and left out BB Padayappaa which came out in between! :lol:

becos i didnt want to hurt u more. already Indian >>> Baasha, AS >>> (RajathiRaja/Siva/RajaChinnaRoja), Dasavatharam >>> Sivaji wud have done it! ;)

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
15th May 2015, 08:01 PM
:rotfl:

ராஜா அண்ணே சரியான ஃபார்ம்ல இருக்கார். ஒவ்வொரு பதிவும் பட்டாசுதான்.

ரஜினிக்கு வசூல் மட்டுமே சாதனை. (அதுவும் கூட கோச்சுலிங்குபாபாகுசேலனுக்கு இல்லை!) கமலுக்கோ இருக்கும் எண்ணற்ற சாதனைகளில் வசூல் சாதனையும் ஒன்று! அதனால் தான், இருக்கும் ஒண்ணே ஒண்ணு கண்ணே கண்ணுவையும் கமல் அடிக்கும்போது அவ்வளவு கோபம் வருகிறது!(இப்போது விஜய் கமலைவிட பெரிய போட்டி ஆகிவிட்டார்!) அதனால்தான் கமலே எல்லாப்படங்களையும் வர்த்தக நோக்கில் மட்டுமே எடுக்கவில்லைஎன்றாலும் கூட, வசூல் சாதனை இல்லையென்றால் குதித்து கூத்தாடுகிறார்கள்!

Poornima
15th May 2015, 08:26 PM
:lol2:

Poornima
15th May 2015, 08:36 PM
TamilBoxOffice1.com @TamilBoxOffice1 1h 1 hour ago

UK BO Update
#UttamaVillain £102,516 [₹ 1.03 Cr] (2 weeks)
#OKKanmani £108,702 [₹ 1.09 Cr] (4 weeks)
#VaiRajaVai £11,149 [₹ 11.02 lacs]

Avadi to America
15th May 2015, 09:23 PM
ரஜினிக்கு வசூல் மட்டுமே சாதனை. (அதுவும் கூட கோச்சுலிங்குபாபாகுசேலனுக்கு இல்லை!) கமலுக்கோ இருக்கும் எண்ணற்ற சாதனைகளில் வசூல் சாதனையும் ஒன்று! அதனால் தான், இருக்கும் ஒண்ணே ஒண்ணு கண்ணே கண்ணுவையும் கமல் அடிக்கும்போது அவ்வளவு கோபம் வருகிறது!(இப்போது விஜய் கமலைவிட பெரிய போட்டி ஆகிவிட்டார்!) அதனால்தான் கமலே எல்லாப்படங்களையும் வர்த்தக நோக்கில் மட்டுமே எடுக்கவில்லைஎன்றாலும் கூட, வசூல் சாதனை இல்லையென்றால் குதித்து கூத்தாடுகிறார்கள்!
appa neengaley othukureenga....Atha othukuravithamthaan vera...

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
15th May 2015, 09:35 PM
A2A, i never denied that. and if i expand the point, honestly one wud say that the last original, pukka rajini film wud be baasha only. padayappa to some extent. baasha, the style, mannerisms et all will be original, no computer grafics like sivaji or later movies, also, not just dumbly remaking the original hindi 'don' movie but adding some flavors which will ft TN audience and also his fans... above all, a good performance throughut the film. Baasha is the last film.

why i say this is, that performer rajini was no more seen in padayappa baba arunashallam CM sivaji enthiran linga etc. he is missing long time. else i wud hav added his performance too as a சாதனை. one hopes his next will have that performer rajini.

omega
15th May 2015, 10:50 PM
I am simply amazed by all the record breaking blockbusters of Kamalahasan.
Wonder why inspite of this tremendous Box Office record he is not able to convince any production house to fund his dream projects aka Marudhanayagam, Marmayogi, Mangayarkarasi et all??

May be "Talentless lucky star" plays an evil part here too....
How else he could be denied for so long.

Saai
16th May 2015, 12:10 AM
****** :)

Karikalen
16th May 2015, 03:54 AM
Kandhana 2 is surprizingly doing great business in AP/nizam and in malaysia BO! லாரண்ஸ்க்கு இது ஒரு நல்ல நேரம்தான். :)

I don't think this is surprising. Franchise movies are the flavour even in Hollywwod. If one considers all the blockbusters over the last ten years, it has been movies like Fast and Furious, Pirates of the Caribean, Iron Man and others. The trend seems to have caught up in India too. Lawrence could keep himself busy making K 3,4 and so on. Surya has to rely on Singam 3 for BO success. Looks like branding the movie is > star value nowadays. What better way to brand than do a sequel.

Avadi to America
16th May 2015, 04:34 AM
A2A, i never denied that. and if i expand the point, honestly one wud say that the last original, pukka rajini film wud be baasha only. padayappa to some extent. baasha, the style, mannerisms et all will be original, no computer grafics like sivaji or later movies, also, not just dumbly remaking the original hindi 'don' movie but adding some flavors which will ft TN audience and also his fans... above all, a good performance throughut the film. Baasha is the last film.

why i say this is, that performer rajini was no more seen in padayappa baba arunashallam CM sivaji enthiran linga etc. he is missing long time. else i wud hav added his performance too as a சாதனை. one hopes his next will have that performer rajini.
Sakala,
I understood. I do not want to create another Rajini Vs kamal Fight here....

Russellmvr
16th May 2015, 07:24 AM

திறமையில் கமலை வெல்வதற்கு எவரும் இல்லை.. விஜய் கமல் ஒப்பீடு அந்த விதத்தில் சாத்தியமே இல்லை. ஆனால் வியாபாரத்தில் விஜய் ஓரிரு படிகள் முன் செல்கின்றார் என்பதே உண்மை. இது காலத்திற்கு காலம் வேறு படும். இன்னும் சில காலங்களில் இன்னொருத்தர் வருவததையும் தடுக்க முடியாது.

Raajjaa
16th May 2015, 09:01 AM

ஏம்ப்பா திடீர்னு காமெடி பண்ணிட்டு.
விஜய்க்கு முருகதாஸ் கூட சேர்ந்தால்தான் படம் ஓடுது. அதுவும் கமலின் கமர்சியல் படங்களை விட கம்மியாகத்தான் வசூல் ஆகுது. தெலுங்கு, ஹிந்தில எல்லாம் விஜய்னா யார்னு கேப்பானுங்க. அப்படி இருக்கும் பொழுது எப்படிப்பா இப்படி எல்லாம்....

Raajjaa
16th May 2015, 09:05 AM
திறமையில் கமலை வெல்வதற்கு எவரும் இல்லை.. விஜய் கமல் ஒப்பீடு அந்த விதத்தில் சாத்தியமே இல்லை. ஆனால் வியாபாரத்தில் விஜய் ஓரிரு படிகள் முன் செல்கின்றார் என்பதே உண்மை. இது காலத்திற்கு காலம் வேறு படும். இன்னும் சில காலங்களில் இன்னொருத்தர் வருவததையும் தடுக்க முடியாது.

அந்த ஒன்னு, ரெண்டு படிகளை பத்தி கொஞ்சம் சொல்லப்பா.

Russellmvr
16th May 2015, 10:04 AM
அந்த ஒன்னு, ரெண்டு படிகளை பத்தி கொஞ்சம் சொல்லப்பா.

உங்களுக்கு சொல்லுறதும் செவிடன் காதில சங்கு ஊதுறதும் same. நீங்க சுட சுட சுட்டுடே இருங்க.... We can have our entertainment. :wink:

Poornima
16th May 2015, 10:14 AM
it's time more credible, professionally-run sites like BOI started tracking the business of tamil cinema and not limit themselves to big rajni or shankar films.
wikipedia editors, copy-paste media and armchair trade pundits have reduced the scene to a bloody joke.

Raajjaa
16th May 2015, 11:28 AM
I am simply amazed by all the record breaking blockbusters of Kamalahasan.
Wonder why inspite of this tremendous Box Office record he is not able to convince any production house to fund his dream projects aka Marudhanayagam, Marmayogi, Mangayarkarasi et all??

May be "Talentless lucky star" plays an evil part here too....
How else he could be denied for so long.

ரஜினிக்கு மட்டும் எல்லாம் க்யூவ்ல நிற்கிறாங்களா? ஷங்கரோட சேர்ந்தால்தான் தயாரிக்க சம்மதிக்கிறார்கள்.

விநியோகிஸ்தர்களை பிச்சை எடுக்க விட்டும் திருந்த மாட்டீங்கிறீங்களே...

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
16th May 2015, 11:29 AM
Openinig up on collections and posting like Bollywood sites, - Most commercially viable and super stars ன்னு தங்களையே சொல்லிக்குறவங்களும் அப்படி ஆக ஆசைப்படுறவங்களும் தானே அதுக்கு முயற்சி எடுக்கணும்?! அவங்களுக்கே அந்த தைரியம் இல்லைன்னா எங்கயோ ஏதோ தப்பு நடந்திருக்குன்னு தான் அர்த்தம்! (கேட்டா தன்னடக்கம்னு சொல்லிப்பாங்க அது வேற! ;) )

Kamal diverted from being a commercial only superstar, from Naayagan (even b4, like moondram pirai etc) and then he was experimenting heavily with films like Gunaa Mahaanathi Hey Raam, which heavily dented his box office in many ways. he lost much of family and lady audience. Our families and lady audience will even watch double meaning dialogs like the ones in chandramuki, if given in pukka regular, tested commercial format but wont support movies which take different routes even though they were clean of such vulgar stuff(like gunaa)

Of course Kamal always had (and has) the confidence that he can make those lost common audience too turn up to his films which was proven by Blockbusters like Indain Avvai Shanmuki AborvaSago Thenaali Dasavatharam VR VV etc

above all, Naayagan itself was almost a blockbuster. And Rajnifans coudnt come up with a poster or proof that Manithan which clashed Naayagan ran in chennai for 100 days! And then they told a gupsaa to Sandiyar Karan that it ran 9.45 morning show(a non existent show those days! ;) ) in AVM Rajeswari

Raajjaa
16th May 2015, 11:31 AM
உங்களுக்கு சொல்லுறதும் செவிடன் காதில சங்கு ஊதுறதும் same. நீங்க சுட சுட சுட்டுடே இருங்க.... We can have our entertainment. :wink:

ஒரே ஒரு தடவை எந்த விஜய் படம் கமலின் கமர்ஷியல் படங்களை விட தமிழ்,தெலுங்கு,ஹிந்தில ஜாஸ்தியா வசூல் பண்ணி இருக்குனு சொல்லிடுப்பா...

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
16th May 2015, 11:36 AM
VR broke enthiran hindi records just in a week itself! Just saying!```

Russellmvr
16th May 2015, 11:49 AM
VR broke enthiran hindi records just in a week itself! Just saying!```

Agreed...!! VR had a massive run on 1st weekend in North.

maniram_1234
16th May 2015, 02:20 PM
ஒரே ஒரு தடவை எந்த விஜய் படம் கமலின் கமர்ஷியல் படங்களை விட தமிழ்,தெலுங்கு,ஹிந்தில ஜாஸ்தியா வசூல் பண்ணி இருக்குனு சொல்லிடுப்பா...

vijays average film sachin collected more than mumbai xpress released same time

maniram_1234
16th May 2015, 02:23 PM
ரஜினிக்கு மட்டும் எல்லாம் க்யூவ்ல நிற்கிறாங்களா? ஷங்கரோட சேர்ந்தால்தான் தயாரிக்க சம்மதிக்கிறார்கள்.

solrathuku kashtama tha irku rajini wanteda poitha vilunthurkaru shankarta
anaku therinju rajini hit padathoda careera mudikanumnu pakraru apo enthiranlaye atha senjurkanum

pushpak
16th May 2015, 04:24 PM
solrathuku kashtama tha irku rajini wanteda poitha vilunthurkaru shankarta
anaku therinju rajini hit padathoda careera mudikanumnu pakraru apo enthiranlaye atha senjurkanum

One of my friends who is a hardcore Rajni fan tell the same. But he thinks (may be Rajni also) that Enthiran is more of a Shankar movie than Rajni. That is why later he was trying KSR and now a new comer possibly so that a super hit can be in Rajni's credit and he can stop with a bang.

Adox
16th May 2015, 05:18 PM
vijays average film sachin collected more than mumbai xpress released same time

Do you have to compare a Kamal flop movie with Vijay average movie ? Why dont you compare Kamal's flops MMA, MX with Vijay's Sura ?

Adox
16th May 2015, 05:20 PM
As Raaja mentioned Vijay is not seen outside of Tamil and Malayalam .. whereas Kamal, Rajini are well known in the north, and all of the south indian states.

Munsamy
16th May 2015, 07:41 PM
(Till date rajni has NO single straight hero movie in hindi! but his fans call him national superstar! funny world!)

Iam not interested in replying to ppl who as a dubm, take and ask for literal meaning!

Munsamy
16th May 2015, 07:50 PM
Which was the last kamal film to collect more than an animation movie with Rajini's look alike as the lead ?

vithagan
16th May 2015, 07:59 PM
And then 2 blockbusters in same year 1996 that is Indian and AvvaiShanmugi.

Appa Indian Kamalhassanukku dhaan oducha.. Naan kooda Top director Shankar.. Trendy Music Director and Top heroinekkaaga dhaan oduchunnu ninachutten..

Note: My all time favorite KH movie Indian.. adha kalaaikka vechuttangale...:cry2:

Munsamy
16th May 2015, 08:13 PM
Appa Indian Kamalhassanukku dhaan oducha.. Naan kooda Top director Shankar.. Trendy Music Director and Top heroinekkaaga dhaan oduchunnu ninachutten..

Note: My all time favorite KH movie Indian.. adha kalaaikka vechuttangale...:cry2:

Apart from Shankar, ARR, top production house, top heroines, gounder, etc the biggest reason for Indian's success is that kamal was not allowed to interfere with others work. Or else he would have screwed it up big time with his over/self indulgence.

pushpak
16th May 2015, 08:32 PM

Even at that time Shankar had a great market and its success will be attributed to Shankar also. Later Shankar's "market" grew more and more and Enthiran, I etc are more of Shankar films.

omega
16th May 2015, 08:33 PM

அண்ணே நீங்க எந்த உலகத்துல இருக்குறீங்க?
ரஜினி படம் நடிக்க முடிவு பண்ணா, அவர் கை காட்டுற ஆளுதான் தயாரிப்பாளர்...
அவரு கதைய கைல வச்சுக்கிட்டு தயாரிப்பாளர தேடுறதில்ல...

எத்தினி வருஷமானாலும் உங்க காமெடிக்கு குறைவே இல்ல....

pushpak
16th May 2015, 08:35 PM
Which was the last kamal film to collect more than an animation movie with Rajini's look alike as the lead ?

I think Viswaroopam and many other Kamal movies would have collected more than an animation movie.

Which Super Start movie directed by himself collect more than Virumandi or Viswaroopam?
Which Super star movie with screen play / story by him collect more than Dasavatharam or Uthama Villain?

omega
16th May 2015, 08:42 PM
Raajja,

ரஜினி படத்த வாங்கி பிச்சை எடுத்த விநியோசகர்கள் எதுக்குண்ணே மறுபடியும் மறுபடியும் அவர் படத்த எவ்வளவு விலை குடுத்துனாலும் வாங்குறாங்க? அதுவும் நாங்க உங்கள மட்டும் நம்பித்தான் படத்த வாங்குனோம்னு சொல்றாங்க பாத்திங்களா....அது வேற level .....

lord_labakudoss
16th May 2015, 08:48 PM
Openinig up on collections and posting like Bollywood sites, - Most commercially viable and super stars ன்னு தங்களையே சொல்லிக்குறவங்களும் அப்படி ஆக ஆசைப்படுறவங்களும் தானே அதுக்கு முயற்சி எடுக்கணும்?! அவங்களுக்கே அந்த தைரியம் இல்லைன்னா எங்கயோ ஏதோ தப்பு நடந்திருக்குன்னு தான் அர்த்தம்! (கேட்டா தன்னடக்கம்னு சொல்லிப்பாங்க அது வேற! ;) )

Kamal diverted from being a commercial only superstar, from Naayagan (even b4, like moondram pirai etc) and then he was experimenting heavily with films like Gunaa Mahaanathi Hey Raam, which heavily dented his box office in many ways. he lost much of family and lady audience. Our families and lady audience will even watch double meaning dialogs like the ones in chandramuki, if given in pukka regular, tested commercial format but wont support movies which take different routes even though they were clean of such vulgar stuff(like gunaa)

Of course Kamal always had (and has) the confidence that he can make those lost common audience too turn up to his films which was proven by Blockbusters like Indain Avvai Shanmuki AborvaSago Thenaali Dasavatharam VR VV etc

above all, Naayagan itself was almost a blockbuster. And Rajnifans coudnt come up with a poster or proof that Manithan which clashed Naayagan ran in chennai for 100 days! And then they told a gupsaa to Sandiyar Karan that it ran 9.45 morning show(a non existent show those days! ;) ) in AVM Rajeswari
Again, can't believe we are still doing this after 20 years!
Beyond all the poster/Wikipedia/website sources for collections, there is ONE source of truth for the collections: Money willing to be invested by the industry for a certain star - because they are the only ones who know the complete truth.

On that matter, there is no dispute- Rajini can get investment for Anything - fundraiser for his impoverished guru, for his unlucky fellow film graduates; a crazy whimsical idea from his spoilt daughter etc...

He can also get other stars in their own right (directors/MDs/heroines) to star with him.

Regards,
LL

Raajjaa
16th May 2015, 09:29 PM

வித்தகன் உங்களை பார்த்தால் பாவமாக இருக்கிறது.

இந்தியன் படத்திற்கு முன்னால் ஷங்கர் இயக்கிய படங்கள் இரண்டுதான். 1. ஜென்டில்மேன் 2.காதலன்.
முதல் படம் super hit. இரண்டாவது படம் Average. ஜென்டில்மேன் தெலுங்குல ஓடுச்சானு தெரியல. ஹிந்தில ஷங்கர்னா யாருனு தெரியாது. அவர் செய்த 3வது படம் தான் இந்தியன். தமிழ்,தெலுங்கு,ஹிந்தி மூணுலுமே silver jublee. அதுவும் தமிழ்ல Record break block buster . இந்தியன் 150 நாள் ஓடிட்டு இருக்கும் பொழுது அவ்வை சண்முகி ரிலீஸ். அதுவும் தமிழ், ஹிந்தில silver jublee.தெலுங்குல 100 days. இப்போ சொல்லுங்க யாரு super star-னு.

Adox
16th May 2015, 09:41 PM
--- deleted ---

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
16th May 2015, 10:01 PM

Indian ran for 2 things. 1)Kamal's prosthetic getup and his heroism in that role 2) Shankar's Mass elements

Kamal very rarely acts in others' story. Indian, Vettaiyaadu vilaiyaadu. so Most of his films success belongs to him only

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
16th May 2015, 10:02 PM
Indian is shankar and rahman's almost 4th or so film. and then he didnt go to them or use them continuously like rajni

Adox
16th May 2015, 10:03 PM
Again, can't believe we are still doing this after 20 years!
Beyond all the poster/Wikipedia/website sources for collections, there is ONE source of truth for the collections: Money willing to be invested by the industry for a certain star - because they are the only ones who know the complete truth.

On that matter, there is no dispute- Rajini can get investment for Anything - fundraiser for his impoverished guru, for his unlucky fellow film graduates; a crazy whimsical idea from his spoilt daughter etc...

He can also get other stars in their own right (directors/MDs/heroines) to star with him.

Regards,
LL

True .. Whether its Kamal or Rajini, the market dictates how much somebody is worth .. ROI dictates an actor's potential. End of story.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
16th May 2015, 10:05 PM
Raajja,

ரஜினி படத்த வாங்கி பிச்சை எடுத்த விநியோசகர்கள் எதுக்குண்ணே மறுபடியும் மறுபடியும் அவர் படத்த எவ்வளவு விலை குடுத்துனாலும் வாங்குறாங்க? அதுவும் நாங்க உங்கள மட்டும் நம்பித்தான் படத்த வாங்குனோம்னு சொல்றாங்க பாத்திங்களா....அது வேற level .....

YOu either didnt see Singaravelan's video or acting u didnt. He said linga was untouched by regular buyers and we most of us are 1st time buyers. Likewise, for other flops of his too, the buyers were different each time.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
16th May 2015, 11:18 PM

UV of course!

https://twitter.com/FabFlickz/status/598820071759196161

#KamalHassan (https://twitter.com/hashtag/KamalHassan?src=hash)'s #UttamaVillan (https://twitter.com/hashtag/UttamaVillan?src=hash) has crossed the total gross of #YennaiArindhaal (https://twitter.com/hashtag/YennaiArindhaal?src=hash), #Kaththi (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Kaththi?src=hash) & #Kochadaiiyaan (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Kochadaiiyaan?src=hash) @ US Box Office.

Avadi to America
17th May 2015, 05:03 AM
வித்தகன் உங்களை பார்த்தால் பாவமாக இருக்கிறது.

இந்தியன் படத்திற்கு முன்னால் ஷங்கர் இயக்கிய படங்கள் இரண்டுதான். 1. ஜென்டில்மேன் 2.காதலன்.
முதல் படம் super hit. இரண்டாவது படம் Average. ஜென்டில்மேன் தெலுங்குல ஓடுச்சானு தெரியல. ஹிந்தில ஷங்கர்னா யாருனு தெரியாது. அவர் செய்த 3வது படம் தான் இந்தியன். தமிழ்,தெலுங்கு,ஹிந்தி மூணுலுமே silver jublee. அதுவும் தமிழ்ல Record break block buster . இந்தியன் 150 நாள் ஓடிட்டு இருக்கும் பொழுது அவ்வை சண்முகி ரிலீஸ். அதுவும் தமிழ், ஹிந்தில silver jublee.தெலுங்குல 100 days. இப்போ சொல்லுங்க யாரு super star-னு.

From gentleman, Shankar is THE PROMISING DIRECTOR for commercial movies in tamil and telugu cinema.... Kadhalan had greatest hype among youth and songs were rage at the time. the combination of shankar, ARR with K T kunjamoon was deadly and lethal in BO. .... IF shankar was not promising enough, k T kunjamoon would have not invested 5C for kadhalan..... it was one of the (probably THE) costliest movie at the time.....Sujatha insisted kamal to act in Indian movie since the script was rock solid... the need of improvisation is almost nil. K T kunjamoon marketed both gentleman and kadhalan like big star movies and both the movies lived up to the hype. A M Ratnam was releasing every shankar movie in telugu at the time.
We all know how big kamal is in BO but you should not through everyone under the bus.

pushpak
17th May 2015, 07:20 AM
Some super stars even reject a movie just because there is one scene where a constable slaps him. Such is the commercial focus on story/script for such superstar. The inevestors will know that the star will allow/mandate dialogues where all others praise him, duets, heroism fights and what not.
Compared to this, when someone is "notorious" of making movies without songs, without fights or without even a name for the hero, art is prominent there and still het gets finance.
Shakeela movie had collected more than a Mammootty movie sometimes. Athukkaga Shakeela thaan better-nu solla mudiyuma?

Cinemarasigan
17th May 2015, 08:26 AM
YOu either didnt see Singaravelan's video or acting u didnt. He said linga was untouched by regular buyers and we most of us are 1st time buyers. Likewise, for other flops of his too, the buyers were different each time.

+1. I thing people misunderstood the people who were standing in in "Q" wanted to produce Rajni's movie. They were standing to collect the losses incurred..

Cinemarasigan
17th May 2015, 08:43 AM
கமலின் ஆசீர்வாதம் விஜய்-க்கு எப்போதும் உண்டு.. விஜய், ரஜினி இடத்தை பிடிக்கத் தான் முயற்சி செய்கிறார்.. வாழ்த்துக்கள்... கமலுடன் விஜயை ஒப்பிட வேண்டாம்.

Cinemarasigan
17th May 2015, 08:49 AM
From gentleman, Shankar is THE PROMISING DIRECTOR for commercial movies in tamil and telugu cinema.... Kadhalan had greatest hype among youth and songs were rage at the time. the combination of shankar, ARR with K T kunjamoon was deadly and lethal in BO. .... IF shankar was not promising enough, k T kunjamoon would have not invested 5C for kadhalan..... it was one of the (probably THE) costliest movie at the time.....Sujatha insisted kamal to act in Indian movie since the script was rock solid... the need of improvisation is almost nil. K T kunjamoon marketed both gentleman and kadhalan like big star movies and both the movies lived up to the hype. A M Ratnam was releasing every shankar movie in telugu at the time.
We all know how big kamal is in BO but you should not through everyone under the bus.

At that point of time "Indian" helped Shankar to become more popular and achieve a bigger status.. But Kamal's dependency on Shankar is minimal..

irir123
17th May 2015, 09:00 AM
Cinema is not only business for some people. For some it is an art as well.

Paraphrashing director Mahendran from an interview "தமிழ் மக்கள்/ரசிகர்கள் எந்த படமாக இருந்தாலும் அதை பார்க்காமல் இருக்க மாட்டார்கள் - ஆனா அவங்க எதை வேணும்னாலும் பாப்பாங்கன்னு இஷ்டத்துக்கு அவங்க ரசனைய மதிக்காம படம் எடுத்தா அது அவங்களுக்கு நாம செய்யற நம்பிக்கை துரோகம் - நான் முடிஞ்சா வரைக்கும் அவங்க ரசனையை மனசுல வச்சு தான் ஒரு காட்சியையே compose/conceive பண்ண முயற்சிப்பேன்"...

When Mahendran was asked about ppl whom he can never forget, he spoke about working with IR and then much to the surprise of the interviewer (as well as ppl like me), shared the following incident about Kamal:

"'முள்ளும் மலரும்' படம் எடுத்த அனுபவம் பத்தி பேசணும்னா, கமலை பத்தி சொல்லியே ஆகணும் - 90% படப்பிடிப்பு முடிஞ்சு போன நேரத்துல, தயாரிப்பாளரும், பணம் முதலீடு செஞ்சவரும் அது வரை எடுத்த படத்தோட rushes பாத்துட்டு, இனிமேல் காசில்லன்னு கை விரிச்சிட்டாங்க - அவங்களுக்கு ரஜினி மாதிரி ஒரு action star வச்சு இப்படி ஒரு ஊமை படம் மாதிரி எடுத்துட்டேன்னு பயம் கலந்த கோபம் - எனக்கு என்ன செய்யறதுனே தெரில - அப்ப வாஹினி (or AVM) studioவுல ரொம்ப கவலையா நான் உட்கார்ந்துருந்தப்ப அங்க கமல் ஏதோ பட shootingla இருந்தவர், என் பக்கம் வந்து 'சொல்லுங்க மகேந்திரன், என்ன பிரச்சனை? ரொம்ப dullஆ இருக்கீங்களே'ன்னு விசாரிச்சார் - நான் 'முள்ளும் மலரும்' படம் பிரச்னையை சொன்னேன் - கமல் என்கிட்ட 'மகேந்திரன் இன்னும் படத்தை முடிக்கறதுக்கு என்ன தேவையோ, அதுக்கெல்லாம் நான் உதவி செய்யறேன் - நீங்க தைரியிமா முடிங்க - படத்தோட கதை, நீங்க எடுத்த விதம் எல்லாம் ரொம்ப கலை அழகோட இருக்கு - இந்த மாதிரி படங்கள் கண்டிப்பா வரணும்'ன்னு சொல்லி - படம் மீதி 10% முடிப்பதற்கு உதவி செஞ்சு கொடுத்தார் - அந்த விஷயத்த நான் மறக்கவே முடியாது - படமும் வெளி வந்து, எனக்கும், ரஜினி, சரத்பாபு, ஷோபா, எல்லாருக்கும் நல்ல பேர் வாங்கி தந்ததோட இல்லாம, படம் வணிக ரீதியாகவும் வெற்றி பெற்றது"

Kamal did this at the young age of 24-25?!!

வேற எவன்யா இந்த மாதிரி செய்வான்?

In spite of having attained stardom and beyond, Kamal has not sacrificed any of that original passion or spark, even an inch - and continues to be successful in that, despite all the brouhaha abt his BO status…..

'Mullum malarum' is by far one of Rajinis best (top five - as far as movie quality is concerned)- none of his later movies come anywhere close to this film or for that matter any of Rajini's films with Mahendran - 'kai kodukkum kai' was the one low-point - most 'sindu mundus' arguing here have probably not seen Rajini's heart-rending performance in Panju Arunachalam's script 'Bhuvana oru kelvikkuri' - that Rajini is gone - he simply 'killed' his own talent..

That, even for such a movie like 'Mullum malarum', Kamal had a (major) role in helping it come out of financial doldrums is sweet justice and renders meaning to this whole debate...

irir123
17th May 2015, 09:08 AM

Aboorva Sagotharargal - இந்த படம் Box officeல பண்ண அமர்க்களம் சொல்லி மாளாது - it ran 100 plus days in every single theater it was released in the city of Bangalore and suburbs! it has been re-released so many times in Bangalore-Hosur areas, and each time its re-released, it has ran to packed halls for at least a few weeks!

The same goes for its Telugu version - throughout Andhra it was a rip-roaring success and re-released to packed houses!

The Hindi version was a silver jubilee and a major draw when shown on TV

irir123
17th May 2015, 09:16 AM
becos i didnt want to hurt u more. already Indian >>> Baasha, AS >>> (RajathiRaja/Siva/RajaChinnaRoja), Dasavatharam >>> Sivaji wud have done it! ;)

RajathiRaja/Siva - yes I remember - ஓடின கொஞ்ச நஞ்ச நாட்கள் எல்லாம் பண்ணைப்புரக்கaaரர் உபயம் (Ada Maappillai - Keeravani tuned to suit Rajinis image (indha ooril pala perapaathupputtaen rings of sweet keeravani), aid vanmathi - kickass interludes)

RajaChinnaRoja was 'ottufied' in Udhayam

irir123
17th May 2015, 09:31 AM

SKV - pls dont include Nayagan anywhere here - humble request - Tamil cinema is NM and NP (munn/pinn) - full stop… bringing down that film to a cheap BO debate is beyond ridiculous…

We couldn't get tickets for the first 80 days straight! seriously, in those days, no freaking youtube, internet and no TV channels other than DD - Nayagan did not even have posters printed properly - yet, woM did it!

Damn it man, we got the info abt Nayagan from the cycle mechanic in our neighborhood - who rarely watches any non-Sivaji film - and he recommended the film as phenomenal!

4-6 months after its mega silver jubilee run in its original release , it was re-released in Nagesh Theatre in the Panagal Park area of those days - it ran to a packed house for an entire month!

I can't think of any other movie combined such heights in terms of artistic and acting grandeur as well as BO success - and further set a standard for how films are made..

Nayagan's impact can be seen in that it was as popular as Sunil Gavaskar's 96 in the Bangalore test the same year! given that cricket was on everyone's mind, that a regional film made impact all over the country says a lot!

from thespian Dileep Kumar to the late Ashok Kumar, to Shyam Benegal, and Adoor Gopalakrishnan, accolades simply poured in...

ajaybaskar
17th May 2015, 11:55 AM
Indian is shankar and rahman's almost 4th or so film. and then he didnt go to them or use them continuously like rajni
3rd film

Avadi to America
17th May 2015, 03:49 PM
At that point of time "Indian" helped Shankar to become more popular and achieve a bigger status.. But Kamal's dependency on Shankar is minimal..

The terms and condition between kamal and shankar was not good even during Indian days....Then they tried for ROBO but for multiple reasons it did not fell through....

omega
17th May 2015, 03:55 PM
RajathiRaja/Siva - yes I remember - ஓடின கொஞ்ச நஞ்ச நாட்கள் எல்லாம் பண்ணைப்புரக்கaaரர் உபயம் (Ada Maappillai - Keeravani tuned to suit Rajinis image (indha ooril pala perapaathupputtaen rings of sweet keeravani), aid vanmathi - kickass interludes)

RajaChinnaRoja was 'ottufied' in Udhayam

ஆஹ ஒரு படம் கூட ஓடல...
ஓடுன படத்துக்கும் காரணம் அவரில்லை...
அப்புறம் எதுக்கு இவ்வளவு தம் கட்டுறீங்க...

எல்லா பயபுள்ளயோட உண்மையான சுயரூபம் இப்பதான தெரியுது..

faithiu11
17th May 2015, 04:32 PM
Dont know WHR to post this so posting here....in linga rajini acted superbly in raja portions and present portions plays the spoil sport and for uthamavillain its reverse...

Adox
17th May 2015, 06:51 PM
'Mullum malarum' is by far one of Rajinis best (top five - as far as movie quality is concerned)- none of his later movies come anywhere close to this film or for that matter any of Rajini's films with Mahendran - 'kai kodukkum kai' was the one low-point - most 'sindu mundus' arguing here have probably not seen Rajini's heart-rending performance in Panju Arunachalam's script 'Bhuvana oru kelvikkuri' - that Rajini is gone - he simply 'killed' his own talent..

That, even for such a movie like 'Mullum malarum', Kamal had a (major) role in helping it come out of financial doldrums is sweet justice and renders meaning to this whole debate...

I've seen most of his top performances including his villain roles he donned with Kamal. He had a big fan following right then as he was doing negative roles clashing with Kamal even in the late 70s, early 80's. He has drifted away from such. BTW, I've also read that Kamal was offered Sharath Babu's role in MM but dont know the details.

Adox
17th May 2015, 07:00 PM
The terms and condition between kamal and shankar was not good even during Indian days....Then they tried for ROBO but for multiple reasons it did not fell through....

Rare and Unseen 'Enthiran'/'Robot' Photoshoot Pictures of Kamal Haasan, Preity Zinta

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/rare-unseen-enthiran-robot-photoshoot-pictures-kamal-haasan-preity-zinta-627524

Priety Zinta is cute.

Russellolt
17th May 2015, 07:26 PM
கமலின் ஆசீர்வாதம் விஜய்-க்கு எப்போதும் உண்டு.. விஜய், ரஜினி இடத்தை பிடிக்கத் தான் முயற்சி செய்கிறார்.. வாழ்த்துக்கள்... கமலுடன் விஜயை ஒப்பிட வேண்டாம்.
Anna.... super star-a inga shakeelavukku oppidum pothu... ethuvume inga thappillai ennu thonuthu...

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
17th May 2015, 07:26 PM
ஆஹ ஒரு படம் கூட ஓடல...

பிற்காலத்துல மக்கள் எல்லா படத்தையுமே ஓட்டுவாங்க தான். இப்ப எம்ஜியார் படங்களை ஓட்டுறதில்லையா அந்த மாதிரிதான். ராஜாதிராஜா எந்தளாவு ஓடிச்சோ அதுக்கு ரஜினி முக்கிய காரணம் தான் ஆனா அது ஒரு வழக்கமான மசாலா படம் தானே! எரும்பாலான ரஜினி படங்களுமே அப்படித்தானே! அப்ப, இந்தமாதிரி பேச்சுக்கள் வரத்தான் செய்யும். இதே, அபூர்வ சகோதரர்கள் படத்துக்கும் ராஜாவின் பாடல்கள் மட்டுமில்லாம பின்னணி இசையும் மிகப்பெரிய பங்கு இருக்கு! ஆனா அந்தப்படத்துல கமல் வித்யாசமா கஷ்டப்பட்டு அப்பு வேஷம் போட்டதும் திரைக்கதை அருமையா எழுதினதும் கமலுக்கு அதிக பாராட்டு போய் சேர காரணமாகுது. இந்தியன் படத்துலயும் கமல் சும்மா மசாலாவா நடிக்காம இந்தியன் தாத்தாவா நடிச்சி பட்டைய கெளப்புனாரு. அதனால படம் பெருசா ஓட ஷங்கர் ரகுமானை விட அதிக காரணம் கமல்ன்னு மக்கள் சொல்றாங்க! சிம்பிள்!

omega
17th May 2015, 09:19 PM
Paraphrashing director Mahendran from an interview "தமிழ் மக்கள்/ரசிகர்கள் எந்த படமாக இருந்தாலும் அதை பார்க்காமல் இருக்க மாட்டார்கள் - ஆனா அவங்க எதை வேணும்னாலும் பாப்பாங்கன்னு இஷ்டத்துக்கு அவங்க ரசனைய மதிக்காம படம் எடுத்தா அது அவங்களுக்கு நாம செய்யற நம்பிக்கை துரோகம் - நான் முடிஞ்சா வரைக்கும் அவங்க ரசனையை மனசுல வச்சு தான் ஒரு காட்சியையே compose/conceive பண்ண முயற்சிப்பேன்"...

When Mahendran was asked about ppl whom he can never forget, he spoke about working with IR and then much to the surprise of the interviewer (as well as ppl like me), shared the following incident about Kamal:

"'முள்ளும் மலரும்' படம் எடுத்த அனுபவம் பத்தி பேசணும்னா, கமலை பத்தி சொல்லியே ஆகணும் - 90% படப்பிடிப்பு முடிஞ்சு போன நேரத்துல, தயாரிப்பாளரும், பணம் முதலீடு செஞ்சவரும் அது வரை எடுத்த படத்தோட rushes பாத்துட்டு, இனிமேல் காசில்லன்னு கை விரிச்சிட்டாங்க - அவங்களுக்கு ரஜினி மாதிரி ஒரு action star வச்சு இப்படி ஒரு ஊமை படம் மாதிரி எடுத்துட்டேன்னு பயம் கலந்த கோபம் - எனக்கு என்ன செய்யறதுனே தெரில - அப்ப வாஹினி (or AVM) studioவுல ரொம்ப கவலையா நான் உட்கார்ந்துருந்தப்ப அங்க கமல் ஏதோ பட shootingla இருந்தவர், என் பக்கம் வந்து 'சொல்லுங்க மகேந்திரன், என்ன பிரச்சனை? ரொம்ப dullஆ இருக்கீங்களே'ன்னு விசாரிச்சார் - நான் 'முள்ளும் மலரும்' படம் பிரச்னையை சொன்னேன் - கமல் என்கிட்ட 'மகேந்திரன் இன்னும் படத்தை முடிக்கறதுக்கு என்ன தேவையோ, அதுக்கெல்லாம் நான் உதவி செய்யறேன் - நீங்க தைரியிமா முடிங்க - படத்தோட கதை, நீங்க எடுத்த விதம் எல்லாம் ரொம்ப கலை அழகோட இருக்கு - இந்த மாதிரி படங்கள் கண்டிப்பா வரணும்'ன்னு சொல்லி - படம் மீதி 10% முடிப்பதற்கு உதவி செஞ்சு கொடுத்தார் - அந்த விஷயத்த நான் மறக்கவே முடியாது - படமும் வெளி வந்து, எனக்கும், ரஜினி, சரத்பாபு, ஷோபா, எல்லாருக்கும் நல்ல பேர் வாங்கி தந்ததோட இல்லாம, படம் வணிக ரீதியாகவும் வெற்றி பெற்றது"

Kamal did this at the young age of 24-25?!!

வேற எவன்யா இந்த மாதிரி செய்வான்?

In spite of having attained stardom and beyond, Kamal has not sacrificed any of that original passion or spark, even an inch - and continues to be successful in that, despite all the brouhaha abt his BO status…..

அட என்ன boss நீங்க வேற...
ரஜினியோட வாழ்கையே கமல் போட்ட பிச்சை தான...
கமல் மட்டும் ரஜினிய ஆரம்ப காலத்துல கலட்டி விடலேன்ன, அவர் என்ன ஆகிருப்பாரோ?

நினனைதத்தது ஒன்று நடந்தது வேறொன்று!!

irir123
17th May 2015, 09:19 PM
ஆஹ ஒரு படம் கூட ஓடல...

இளையராஜாவோட இசை இல்லாம ஓடுன படங்கள் ரொம்ப கம்மி - அந்த கால கட்டத்துல அது தான் நடந்துச்சு - ராஜா சின்ன ரோஜா இசை சந்திரபோஸ் - rest my case

Freedom
17th May 2015, 09:23 PM
LOL at some of the posts from Suratics.

the only record I'm waiting for any movie to beat is is 77C collection in 2 days. the movie released last pongal if you want a hint.

omega
17th May 2015, 09:27 PM
இளையராஜாவோட இசை இல்லாம ஓடுன படங்கள் ரொம்ப கம்மி - அந்த கால கட்டத்துல அது தான் நடந்துச்சு - ராஜா சின்ன ரோஜா இசை சந்திரபோஸ் - rest my case

அருமையா சொன்னீர்...வாழ்த்துக்கள்

irir123
17th May 2015, 09:46 PM
அட என்ன boss நீங்க வேற...
ரஜினியோட வாழ்கையே கமல் போட்ட பிச்சை தான...
கமல் மட்டும் ரஜினிய ஆரம்ப காலத்துல கலட்டி விடலேன்ன, அவர் என்ன ஆகிருப்பாரோ?

நினனைதத்தது ஒன்று நடந்தது வேறொன்று!!

'மொட்ட மண்டைக்கும் முழங்காலுக்கும் முடிச்சு'..

இந்த 'முள்ளும் மலரும்'-கமல்-மகேந்திரனுக்கு உதவி செஞ்ச மேட்டர் எல்லாம் சினிமா வட்டரதுலையே நிறைய பேருக்கு தெரியுமான்னு சந்தேகம் - இதுவே மகேந்திரன் யதேச்சையாக ஒரு நேர்காணலில் சொல்லிதானே, என்ன போன்ற சாதாரண ரசிகர்களுக்கு கூட தெரிய வந்துச்சு..?

கமல் நினைச்சிருந்தா, இந்த matterஐ எல்லார்ட்டயும் போயி சொல்லி could have gotten credit for the same - that he did it quietly - at the age of 23-24 - says a lot about his level of maturity!

கமல் யாருக்கும் பிச்சை போட வேண்டிய அவசியம் இல்லை - இதே மகேந்திரன், ரஜினி இல்லாமல் வேற ஒரு காமா சோமாவ வச்சு அதே 'முள்ளும் மலரும்' படத்தை எடுத்திருந்து, இதே பிரச்னை வந்திருந்தால் கூட, இதை தான் கமல் செஞ்சிருப்பார் - என்னவோ 'அய்யோ பாவம், கதைக்கு பஞ்சம் இருக்கற சமயத்துல, ரஜினி இப்படி ஒரு படம் பண்ணும்போது, அவருக்கு நாம அனுசரனையா இது கூட செய்யலன்னா, அவர் கதி என்ன ஆகும்' நு அவர் நினச்சு செஞ்சா மாதிரி இல்ல நீங்க பேசறீங்க!

இதே கமல் 'முள்ளும் மலரும்' வந்து 30 வருடங்களுக்கு பின்னால் வந்த 'நந்தலாலா' என்கிற ஒரு படத்தின் preview பார்த்துவிட்டு படத்தை conceive செஞ்சு எடுத்த மிஸ்கின மனமார பாரட்டலயா?

கமல் வெறும் ஒரு வணிகரீதியான சினிமா விற்பன்னராக இருந்தாருன்னா, மிஸ்கின் ஆவது புண்ணாக்காவதுன்னு போயிருப்பார்...

ரஜினி என்கிற நடிகர், ஒரு stageக்கு அப்பறம், 'நடிச்சா என்ன நடிக்காட்டி என்ன, இப்படி செஞ்சா என்ன, செய்யாட்டி என்ன, நாம எது செஞ்சாலும் மக்கள் பாக்கதானே போறாங்க' என்கிற போக்கு அவர் படங்கள்ல நல்லாவே தெரிய ஆரம்பித்த சமயம் - 80களின் கடைசி வருடங்கள் - இத தமிழ் நாடு மட்டுமில்ல - AP, Karanataka மக்களும் கூட நினைக்க ஆரம்பித்த நேரம் - Karnataka மக்களுக்கு அவர் மேல் உள்ள அபிமானத்துக்கு அவரோட Bangalore connection ஒரு முக்கிய காரனம்கறது வேற matter (just like his first wife and children living in Bangalore is another matter and belongs to another thread!)…

இந்த 'அவர் போட்ட பிச்சை' வசனத்தை பல முறை, oru particular stat ரசிகர்களிடமிருந்து கேட்ட்ருக்கோம் - தமிழ் சினிமாவுக்கு போட்ட பிச்சை தான் box office வசூல் எல்லாமே! வாஸ்தவம் தான் - தமிழ் சினிமாவையே இவர் தன்னோட அந்த அகன்ற தோளுல சுமந்து சுமந்து தேஞ்சு போச்சே!

ajaybaskar
17th May 2015, 10:06 PM
LOL at some of the posts from Suratics.

the only record I'm waiting for any movie to beat is is 77C collection in 2 days. the movie released last pongal if you want a hint.
Why dear? Pissed off because one actor is not mentioned in the discussions? Let me help. யாராவது டல பத்தி பேசுங்கப்பா..

Cinemarasigan
17th May 2015, 11:00 PM

As you mentioned in earlier post, Kamal did Indian based on Sujatha's recommendation and good script. One of the reasons related to Robot I heard was that KH did not want to continue immediately after Indian. Shankar wanted to start the movie after Avvai Shanmugi. But KH started chachi 420 and Shankar did not want to wait.

But honestly I feel both of them need to join again to give good entertainers...

Even KH should join hands with ARR as well...

faithiu11
17th May 2015, 11:41 PM
Why dear? Pissed off because one actor is not mentioned in the discussions? Let me help. யாராவது டல பத்தி பேசுங்கப்பா..
Lol ....pavam antha amai kunju vitrunga

selvakumar
18th May 2015, 01:24 AM
Freedom - this is a discussion between Kamal fan Rajaram and "joke-up" fan mani ram :lol: Even their name is similar pa :rotfl: why do you want to disturb the fun provided by both. Please let if flow. It is irrelevant discussion for us. :wink:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vithagan
18th May 2015, 04:15 AM
Thanks Guys..
நான் புடித்த முயலுக்கு 3 கால்னு வாதற்றவங்க வாதம் அலுப்பா போச்சு.. you continue Ajith Vs Vijay..
start music.. ;)