PDA

View Full Version : Box Office Collections

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17

BM
10th February 2015, 04:27 PM
moviecrow reports that as per rentrak MYR 676,868 from 29 screens

http://www.moviecrow.com/News/7238/yennai-arindhaal-overseas-opening-weekend-box-office-report

We can never come to any conclusions with lesser screens report.

ATMUS Entertainment @ATMUSent
#YennaiArindhaal ALL set for premieres. KDMs sent. As of now $55K gross from 56 screens.

iMoviesUSA @SIMoviesUSA
#YennaiArindhaal gross update $92K from 65 locs.

$55K from 56 screens and jumped to $92K from just 9 screens. I know this is US report. Just bringing this to say how it is unpredictable if we dont get full or atleast major screens collection.

SenGOEk
10th February 2015, 05:44 PM
Atmus entertaintment tweet to be remembered on KATHTHI final collection..Seems KATHTHI will remain the highest life time grosser among non Rajni-Kamal films baring Shankar's I..

ATMUS Entertainment @ATMUSent
@GKMediaUSA true, #Kaththi collection is $624591 (60%) more than highest ever non Rajni-Kamal grosser in USA. Tough target for future films to reach!

selvakumar
10th February 2015, 06:32 PM
Lol..

BM will be saying - Naan enna post pannen, Inga enna reply varuthu :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

raghavendran
10th February 2015, 06:39 PM
BM
:clap: :clap:

Actually Thala padathukku ivlo unanimousa reviews vandhadhe illa...especially from neutrals..Idhukku poyi ipdi post panni mattikittan sify..

Usually when a movie opens with bad WOM, websites will say it has opened grandly though it carries mixed reports, It'll take at least two weeks for them to declare it as an average grosser..so for sify to say it might end as an "average grosser" on the 5th day, YA's collection should have dropped drastically from Friday, which is not the case..

raghavendran
10th February 2015, 06:49 PM
Tamil Cinema @BoAnalyst
No Decrease In #YennaiArindhaal Tickets Price At Most Places. With 70-80% Occupancy On An Average All Set For A Massive Box Office In TN.

Kumaran.P
10th February 2015, 07:34 PM
Yennai Arindhaal Monday business

After a decent weekend Yennai Arindhaal started dropping from yesterday . The usual drop from sun to Monday is to be a 50% but YA faces a 60-65% drop overall and with mass centres dropping even more. To compare with Sunday the plex dominated Chennai,Chengalpet territories and A centres like Coimbatore,Salem and Trichy holder well with a rough 55% drop from Sunday but that isnt a satisying business for the prices it has sold here . TN business is in between 2-2.5cr gross yesterday with Nett being in range of 1.5-1.9Cr . This is a below par business for the huge prices it has been sold and with Anegan coming in next week might affect and the Distributors/Exhibitors are worried now. http://www.tamilboxoffice1.com/2015/02/yennai-arindhaal-monday-business.html

Anban
10th February 2015, 07:39 PM
Two things to be noted here
1. Feb is a horrible month to release a biggie. Big drop is inevitable. One should never compare a Feb release to a Deepavali / Pongal release. Especially a Deepavali release. Pongal release time-la families start putting pressure on children to study.
2. GVM has a decent silent base among B centre women audience too. So never under estimate based on WOM.

Kumaran.P
10th February 2015, 07:40 PM
TamilBoxOffice1.com @TamilBoxOffice1 :
#YennaiArindhaal UK Thursday - £5,085 Friday - £42,172 Saturday - £35,461 Sunday - £22,470 Monday - £8,519 Total - £113,707

bimmer
10th February 2015, 07:47 PM
1. Feb is a horrible month to release a biggie. Big drop is inevitable. One should never compare a Feb release to a Deepavali / Pongal release. Especially a Deepavali release. Pongal release time-la families start putting pressure on children to study.
2. GVM has a decent silent base among B centre women audience too. So never under estimate based on WOM.

Very well said, and especially 2015 Feb- W.C is right around the corner

Siv.S
10th February 2015, 09:37 PM

Very true but it's doing well than some people trying to project it here
check any multiplex or any many screens in Chennai. . It's been mostly booked, except may be in UK :lol2: Ayngaran sombus can update only that area.. check twitter Yennaiarindhaal search feed you will get many screen shots of booking status, not interested to post all those here, not necessary too.

ALWAR_AJITH
10th February 2015, 11:33 PM
moviecrow reports that as per rentrak MYR 676,868 from 29 screens

http://www.moviecrow.com/News/7238/yennai-arindhaal-overseas-opening-weekend-box-office-report

check out how many screens for week day bro.. they just give bull shit numbers..

ALWAR_AJITH
10th February 2015, 11:34 PM
‘Jupiter Ascending’ tops Malaysian box office, followed by Tamil thriller
ja
'Jupiter Ascending' tops the Malaysian movie box office scene while 'Spongebob' cleans up the North American box office. — jupiterascending.com pic
DESPITE faring averagely at the North American box office, Jupiter Ascending seems to be the favourite in Malaysia.
According to GSC’s Top 10 movie listing for the closing weekend, the fantasy flick starring Mila Kunis and Channing Tatum, holds the top spot, followed by Yennai Arindhaal, a Tamil thriller starring Ajith Kumar, Trisha Krishnan and Anushka.
Japanese anime The Last: Naruto The Movie holds 3rd place while epic drama Unbroken, directed by Angelina Jolie, and The Wedding Ringer comedy, starring Kevin Hart, Josh Gad and Olivia Thirlby, comes in 4th and 5th respectively.
The Imitation Game and Project Almanac take 6th and 7th places, followed by local comedy drama Suamiku Encik Perfect 10, starring Aaron Aziz and Lisa Surihani.
Action thriller Wild Card, starring Jason Statham, and Chinese romantic-comedy My Mr Right, telling the adventures of a group of newly-weds and lovers from Taiwan and China who sign up for a romantic getaway in Malaysia, take up the last two spots.

North American Box Office
AFP reports that at the North American box office, The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water has dethroned American Sniper in its first week of release.
The animated 3D movie, in which the title character attempts to recover a stolen burger recipe, debuts with US$55.4 million (RM197 million) in ticket sales, according to box office tracker Exhibitor Relations.
American Sniper, relegated to second place, has US$23.3 million (RM82.9 million) in ticket sales as it finally fell from top spot.
Since its release, the highly acclaimed movie has bagged half-dozen Oscar nominations, including a best actor nod for Bradley Cooper in the title role.
Jupiter Ascending sold the third most tickets this week, with a disappointing US$18.4 million (RM65.46 million) in its opening weekend.
Seventh Son, a 3D fantasy-action film starring Jeff Bridges and Julianne Moore, debuts in fourth spot, earning US$7.2 million (RM25.62 million).
Project Almanac takes fifth place with US$5.23 million (RM18.61 million) in ticket sales.
Paddington, a big-screen adaptation of the family classic about a bear lost in the big city, earns a whisker less for sixth place with US$5.22 million (RM18.57 million).
The Wedding Ringer takes US$4.72 million (RM16.79 million) for seventh place, followed by The Imitation Game, which stars Benedict Cumberbatch as code-breaking genius Alan Turing, at US$4.69 million (RM16.69 million) for eighth spot.
Black or White, a racially-charged drama starring Kevin Costner as a widowed grandfather battling to retain custody of his mixed-race granddaughter, is in ninth place with US$4.5 million (RM16 million).
Jennifer Lopez’s steamy The Boy Next Door, in which the pop diva plays a divorcee who has an ill-advised affair with a very young male neighbour, comes in 10th with US$4.1 million (RM15 million).
Have something to add to this story? Let us know with a comment below.
Tags: Ajith, box-office, Jupiter Ascending, movie, Tamil

Read more: http://www.therakyatpost.com/life/movies-life/2015/02/10/jupiter-ascending-tops-malaysian-box-office-followed-tamil-thriller/#ixzz3RMmv50JM

CEDYBLUE
10th February 2015, 11:44 PM
-deleted-

First of all, I am not going to use cuss words or any foul language to pass my message and reply to this post.

The article header is 'Is YA a profitable venture'? By profit, I guess he meant the profit for distributors and theatre owners and not the government. So Kaththi was definitely in a better position of being profitable to the above said segments, thanks to the tax exemption it got in the state.

Now coming to the first weekend collections of both movies, both had their own set of advantages. One was released during the festival weekend whereas the other released solo with no competition for 8 days. One received mixed critic reviews whereas the other one got thumbs up from most renowned reviewers. One had almost nil promotions. Even the trailer released only couple of days before the film release whereas the other one had good promotions. And past history of GVM doesn’t matter here because he has always hit the bull's eye with his action films. Comparing YA with NEPV or Nadunisi Naaigal is as stupid as comparing Ai and Nanban as both are different genres. Above all, one film's release was in doubt till the previous day eve because of the thideer eelam supporters while other one had the smoothest of releases.

In spite of all these hurdles, Kaththi ended up with 7.8 Crores in Chennai Box Office, $624,445 in the USA, $193k in Aus. I request you to see if YA manages to reach these milestones at least before declaring a hands down win. I don’t want to bring in UK, Kerala and ROI and all, at least for now.

How generous to mention a $480K+ collected movie (in 5 days weekend) as $400K and compare it to a 6 days weekend movie

This is what US distributor says about the hurdles this movie faced in US and still made money for them.

With all this negative factors Yennai Arindhaal 5 days weekend collection including premier shows = $480432
Per day collection = $96086

The movie which he compares,

kathi 6 days weekend collection including premier shows = $570207
Per day collection = $95034

This is for US

Let’s do a 5 comparison for both movies. Day 1 through Day 5 including premier shows – YA - $480k, Kaththi - $511k
Normally per day average is not a good indicator because the no.of screens/locations also matter, but here I think the no. of screens for both are 98 (or thereabouts); so you can do the per day/screen average if you like now that both numbers are 5 day numbers. Diwali is not a festival in US (definitely not the full week); and let’s be fair here…Kaththi had SRK’s Happy New Year to deal with in US from Friday.

The US distributor has acknowledged the numbers are good, but I don’t know if they are still in the profit zone. If they are, it’s great for them and the makers.

Now for AUS,

Yennai Arindhaal's 4 days weekend collection = $153,680
Per day collection = $38,420

Kathi 5 days weekend collection = $160,979
Per day collection = $32,196

YA released in 12 screens; whereas Kaththi released in 10. So while I respect the intent of building averages here, the better way to do a comparison would be per screen. Meaning the $38k per day for YA came from 12 screens vs $32k coming from 10.

YA : $38,420 / 12 = $3,201
Kaththi : $32,196 / 10 = $3,219

In Tamil Nadu,

Yennai Arindhaal's 4 days weekend gross = 32C
Per day gross = 8C

Kathi 5 days weekend gross = 36c
Per day gross = 7.2C

Now, deducting 1st days collection of both the films to know how well the respective movies held at box office from day 2,

Yennai arindhaal's 1st day (Thurs) TN gross = 11C.
So the remaining 3 days TN weekend gross = 32C - 11C = 21C
Per day gross from Fri, Sat and Sun = 7C (mixed word of mouth.. average grosser.. seriously.. you arsehole..)

Kathi's 1st day (Wed) TN gross = 12.5C.
So the remaining 4 days TN weekend gross = 36C - 12.5C = 23.5C
Per day gross from Thurs, Fri, Sat and Sun = 5.8C

Again, like the point about Australia above, you are comparing numbers blindly to derive the per day without taking into consideration the no. of screens/shows across TN. Also, Kaththi had an additional work day in between (Diwali doesn’t mean all the 5 days were off days). Also, I read some great posts here in this very hub that YA was released all across Chennai city and adjoining centers in almost all screens; except 3 cinemas. So why is the opening day still low compared to Kaththi; which shared screens with Poojai (released in 300 screens in TN)

Now Chennai,

Yennai Arindhaal's 4 day collection = Rs 2,92,55,762
Per day collection = Rs 73,13,941

Kathi 5 days collection = Rs 3,01,09,817
Per day collection = Rs 60,21,963

Now further shrinking the comparison by comparing only the weekend Chennai Box Office collection from Fri-Sun,

Yennai Arindhaal Fri,Sat,Sun had 486 shows and collected = Rs 2,17,95,337
Per show collection = Rs 44,846

Kathi Fri,Sat,Sun had 411 shows and collected = Rs 1,74,79,424
Per show collection = Rs 42,529

Here your math as per the BW numbers is absolutely correct and I do not want to debate this. My only question here is the same as above. YA released in ALL screens in Chennai except 3 (as per a post in YA thread before release). As per the above report, YA had 486 shows for 3 days whereas Kaththi had 411 shows. This means YA has 75 shows extra, i.e. only 25 shows per day more than Kaththi?

Yennai Arindhaal won hands down especially in TN and CBO.[/B]

Yeah, if you take out the day of release when the kings and queens of opening arrive with a trumpet, or if you ignore the fact that it was a solo showdown or 'saturated' showdown, as ever, hands down, it is.

Dammy R
11th February 2015, 12:13 AM
Cedy - as always...brilliant post!! :clap::thumbsup:

On the UK, KL and other regions, I think we should get some more facts straight here. I keep seeing and reading posts that refer to KL, UK etc being small markets for Tamil films. Let me put some things in perspective -
Most decent Blockbusters in Malaysia collect between $1.5Mn to $2Mn; which equates to about INR 9 Crores plus approx. (Obviously there are exceptions like Endhiran, Sivaji which are beyond $2Mn);
Similarly, in the US, Kaththi was the first non Rajni/Kamal movie that made it beyond $500k (INR 3 crores); and we know $1Mn in US is an outstanding figure; which equates to about INR 6 Crores. Now I see folks publishing US and Malaysia numbers for all movies ever since I joined the hub; however, we brush aside KL, KA, UK etc stating they are very small markets. Here are some facts and figures to look at and think about :
In Kerala, Kaththi made 10.3 Crores (Thuppaki made 10.7Cr); which is much more or close to the US/Malaysia blockbusters.
Similarly, in KA, Kaththi made 10cr plus business.
In UK, Kaththi was GBP 320k plus; which is almost equal to INR 3 crores.
Kaththi with just a $193k ended up being all time #2 at Aus box office after its entire run. People here are using these smaller centers to show how close the gap is with YA; but want to ignore UK, KL, KA etc because the difference there is much higher.

Vijay has expanded his fan base and market in these regions, so what is wrong in Vijay fans posting these and celebrating his successes there. Why should Vijay fans not post and feel proud….. just because movies of another star cannot collect half of what Vijay movies make there? It is much better to say UK da than saying Mayajaal da.

Box office mojo doesn’t report first weekend numbers for tamil movies like earlier for some reason. However, Kaththi too was quoted to be at 1.7mn MYR (from 32 reported screens) after first weekend; even though it was released in much more screens in the first week. So this issue of uncertainty is there for all hero films, so there is no point in trying to show one actor as being the victim.

And on that point about being in a different league, for once I agree….because Vijay has reached a stage where his movies don’t have to wait for even the first schedule to get over for distributors to queue madly to buy the rights, unlike some others where the rights are not sold even 10 days before release most of the time. This, to me, is a huge testimony to Vijay’s success and star power at the box office.

ajaybaskar
11th February 2015, 12:17 AM
DAMMY,

This is the classic case of both sides being right. KL,KA,UK are big markets for us and small markets for them.

CEDYBLUE
11th February 2015, 12:21 AM
Malaysia, yeah....

Kaththi it was RM 1,767,970 from reported 32 screens right?

Rentrak, I guess would be tracking the same set of theatres all the time, I guess.

Most of the recent 29 should be part of Kaththi's 32 right?

If that's the case, Kaththi's numbers are all the more impressive.

CEDYBLUE
11th February 2015, 12:23 AM
DAMMY,

This is the classic case of both sides being right. KL,KA,UK are big markets for us and small markets for them.

If Malaysia, UK, KL and Karnataka give a combined difference of 15 crores, that's pretty significant. Especially given that Chennai would always be even-stevens thanks to holy woods.

Dammy R
11th February 2015, 12:25 AM
DAMMY,

Yes, Ajay. Someone was talking about trends here.... I feel the actual trend is even more dangerous : if their favorite actors movies are doing well, put Vijay down in the name of celebration....if the movie isn't doing well, ridicule and blame Vijay. Extremely frustrating to read some silly and kiddish excuses blaming Vijay for "not so good" outcomes, instead of acknowledging the outcome .

ALWAR_AJITH
11th February 2015, 12:29 AM
Malaysia, yeah....

Kaththi it was RM 1,767,970 from reported 32 screens right?

Rentrak, I guess would be tracking the same set of theatres all the time, I guess.

Most of the recent 29 should be part of Kaththi's 32 right?

If that's the case, Kaththi's numbers are all the more impressive.

how u know they get correct figure?? they just give false information regarding screens numbers and BO report

CEDYBLUE
11th February 2015, 12:31 AM
how u know they get correct figure?? they just give false information regarding screens numbers and BO report

How do you know that 'they' give false numbers?

ajaybaskar
11th February 2015, 12:31 AM
Oh yeah. Rentrak is also giving fake numbers now. Good. :)

ALWAR_AJITH
11th February 2015, 12:34 AM
How do you know that 'they' give false numbers?

simple just watch out how many screens from yest ad ...

ALWAR_AJITH
11th February 2015, 12:35 AM
Oh yeah. Rentrak is also giving fake numbers now. Good. :)

same goes for kathi too...

Freedom
11th February 2015, 12:35 AM
good point BM and good counter argument Cedy.

I have only couple of things to point out.

1.Both YA and Kaththi had full capacity crowds on opening 3 or 4 days. If YA released in more screens(520), then how come their collections can be of similar range? Unless Kaththi recorded 100% on all screens and YA recorded 85-90%, they both cannot be equal. I know for a fact that YA was packed for 1st 4 days, so that throws some questionable collection details from BW or Sify. I just smell something fishy with the numbers reported. My guess is Ajith doesn't give any mileage to those websites and they don't pay back, so it is a simple math.

2.People comparing 5th day collection of Kaththi in India Vs YA are completely hopeless. It was a extended diwali weekend and people are bound to visit theatres while 5th day for YA was actual working day(Monday). So before thumping your chest just think for a moment before you do so.

3. For most part IMO collections are comparable. UK, we know the story ... you play HD print in local cable channel and it is bound to affect collections drastically. But I'm not going to debate that VJ has higher presence in UK and definitely in Kerala.

4. In US, Atmus reported 480K, But we also have this website(US based) which shows cummulative figure of $590K (I guess it takes into account Atmus + other distributors).http://moviecitynews.com/2015/02/the-weekend-report-124/

See under Cummulative and read the numbers standing 0.59 mil.

http://i58.tinypic.com/xqm32s.png

to call YA flop or average is atrocious IMO. BTW nobody knows what transpired for Kaththi after 5th day and suddenly it became 100C in 12th day which took even Jalra pillai by surprise.

uruzalari
11th February 2015, 12:39 AM
I am sure YA is not doing bad. But losing two shows in Sathyam main screen in a week does not look great either. And that too Anegan's shows are not getting filled up in a jiffy.

VinodKumar's
11th February 2015, 12:40 AM
Cedy and Dammy , As usual you guys rock the floor :clap: :clap:

ajaybaskar
11th February 2015, 12:42 AM
Alwar Ajith,

I don't know if u r really ignorant or acting like one. Assuming its the first one, let me explain. Rentrak gets data only from few reported screens in Malaysia for some films. Not whole. For Kaththi, they reported for 30 odd screens whereas the screen counts were much much higher. Same for YA too. For movies like 7A and Velayudham, they didn't report at all. It doesn't mean they didn't release in Malaysia

Freedom
11th February 2015, 12:43 AM
I am sure YA is not doing bad. But losing two shows in Sathyam main screen in a week does not look great either. And that too Anegan's shows are not getting filled up in a jiffy.

Anegan is a new movie , so it is understandable. If anegan does not do that well, you'll see that YA will immediately take it back. You obviously have new movie from good director+seal able star combo which is bound to have some impact. the same would have happened even if it was I or Kaththi. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Dammy R
11th February 2015, 12:46 AM
Freedom,

Completely respect your views! On the 5 day vs 4 day comparison, it is unfortunate but the issue is no one tracks a day to day collection in Malaysia like US or UK. Also, if Kaththi had a 5 day festival release (with Poojai as competition), YA was a 4 day solo and saturated release. And we know the first 2 days never have a problem to fill in for big star movies due to loyal fans.

I don't think anyone is calling YA as a flop (maybe some did, but that always happens from either side when a Vijay or Ajith movie releases). Some websites/trackers (whatever you want to call them) are hinting towards it being an average from a business perspective mainly due to the 30% tax. We will have to wait and see what the exact outcome is. Too early to even say its a blockbuster.

As for the 100cr point on Kaththi, again, I have read this numerous times here....ARM tweeted this, and almost all the so called trackers and industry bigwigs like UTV Dhananjay retweeted. Sri even congratulated ARM. No point discussing this, because either side is never going to come to an agreement here.

uruzalari
11th February 2015, 12:47 AM
Anegan is a new movie , so it is understandable. If anegan does not do that well, you'll see that YA will immediately take it back. You obviously have new movie from good director+seal able star combo which is bound to have some impact. the same would have happened even if it was I or Kaththi. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I do not think so it would have happened if YA was doing great. So it should be doing good or decently well is what I presume. That is why I also mentioned the tickets for Anegan are not getting filled up quickly.On the other hand I think that the U certificate for Anegan might have tilted the odds in it's favour as I think that the bigger screens are mostly allotted to films that have tax exemption in a scenario when 2 films are expected to do equally well.

ajaybaskar
IIRC Sathyam main screen retained Kaththi for nearly a month, let alone 2nd weekend.

Freedom
what fairly took me by surprise is how Careless Ayngaran are in UK market if they are the distributors/investors. even in US, I atleast know 7 family friends of mine who didn't go to watch in theatres because Hd print was available and say wat? they all liked the movie. Piracy killed the movie pretty big in US (no comments about UK), otherwise the numbers would have been close because the movie had +ve WOM.

bimmer
11th February 2015, 12:48 AM

I have only couple of things to point out.

1.Both YA and Kaththi had full capacity crowds on opening 3 or 4 days. If YA released in more screens(520), then how come their collections can be of similar range? Unless Kaththi recorded 100% on all screens and YA recorded 85-90%, they both cannot be equal. I know for a fact that YA was packed for 1st 4 days, so that throws some questionable collection details from BW or Sify. I just smell something fishy with the numbers reported. My guess is Ajith doesn't give any mileage to those websites and they don't pay back, so it is a simple math.

2.People comparing 5th day collection of Kaththi in India Vs YA are completely hopeless. It was a extended diwali weekend and people are bound to visit theatres while 5th day for YA was actual working day(Monday). So before thumping your chest just think for a moment before you do so.

3. For most part IMO collections are comparable. UK, we know the story ... you play HD print in local cable channel and it is bound to affect collections drastically. But I'm not going to debate that VJ has higher presence in UK and definitely in Kerala.

4. In US, Atmus reported 480K, But we also have this website(US based) which shows cummulative figure of $590K (I guess it takes into account Atmus + other distributors).http://moviecitynews.com/2015/02/the-weekend-report-124/

http://i58.tinypic.com/xqm32s.png

to call YA flop or average is atrocious IMO. BTW nobody knows what transpired for Kaththi after 5th day and suddenly it became 100C in 12th day which took even Jalra pillai by surprise.

In Florida, Sunday evening there was about 25 People which was not bad, My friend was the one who screened the movie and he has made a sizable profit. some folks claim that the movie is a disaster - Truth is for a non festive Thursday release, the collections are awesome. and some folks who claim Kaththi released in October in Winter - It is still winter here in US for most of February and is colder than October.

Freedom
IIRC Sathyam main screen retained Kaththi for nearly a month, let alone 2nd weekend.

Just read my post above AB. No point in writing it here again,

ALWAR_AJITH
Alwar Ajith,

I don't know if u r really ignorant or acting like one. Assuming its the first one, let me explain. Rentrak gets data only from few reported screens in Malaysia for some films. Not whole. For Kaththi, they reported for 30 odd screens whereas the screen counts were much much higher. Same for YA too. For movies like 7A and Velayudham, they didn't report at all. It doesn't mean they didn't release in Malaysia

there is nothing to act as how can assume rentrak give correct info from certain screens only? who gave that data? GSC cinemas? TGV cinemas ? LFS cinemas ? CHATAY cinemas?

CEDYBLUE
11th February 2015, 12:51 AM

4. In US, Atmus reported 480K, But we also have this website(US based) which shows cummulative figure of $590K (I guess it takes into account Atmus + other distributors).

http://moviecitynews.com/2015/02/the-weekend-report-124/

Freedom,

Good points, buddy.

Regarding the 4th one, here is what ATMUS, the distributors of YA, had to say about Movie cine news

Media Friends, moviecitynews website do not publish actual numbers. Those are estimates only and do not spread that as US BO numbers.

https://twitter.com/ATMUSent/status/491261615887511552

Dammy R
11th February 2015, 12:52 AM
In Florida, Sunday evening there was about 25 People which was not bad, My friend was the one who screened the movie and he has made a sizable profit. some folks claim that the movie is a disaster - Truth is for a non festive Thursday release, the collections are awesome. and some folks who claim Kaththi released in October in Winter - It is still winter here in US for most of February and is colder than October.

Bimmer, I don't think anyone claimed or called YA as a disaster here...at least for US. Infact SMK (who is a Vijay fan) contributed with his 4 friends and bought YA for his area. He also wrote in YA thread that they made 20% profit.

Freedom
11th February 2015, 12:53 AM
I do not think so it would have happened if YA was doing great. So it should be doing good or decently well is what I presume. That is why I also mentioned the tickets for Anegan are not getting filled up quickly.On the other hand I think that the U certificate for Anegan might have tilted the odds in it's favour as I think that the bigger screens are mostly allotted to films that have tax exemption in a scenario when 2 films are expected to do equally well.

I think otherwise. This is movie from KV and dhanush is good on his own. So this combination might attract new crowds. So chances of selling more tickets is higher. The same was not the case for Kaththi since people already knew how bad poojai was. There was obviously no other choice. If YA released 1 week after I, they both would have shared screens too. I hope you understand what I mean

Freedom
11th February 2015, 12:54 AM
Freedom,

Good points, buddy.

Regarding the 4th one, here is what ATMUS, the distributors of YA, had to say about Movie cine news

Media Friends, moviecitynews website do not publish actual numbers. Those are estimates only and do not spread that as US BO numbers.

https://twitter.com/ATMUSent/status/491261615887511552

Thanks bro. didn't know that. :thumbsup:

uruzalari
11th February 2015, 01:00 AM
I think otherwise. This is movie from KV and dhanush is good on his own. So this combination might attract new crowds. So chances of selling more tickets is higher. The same was not the case for Kaththi since people already knew how bad poojai was. There was obviously no other choice. If YA released 1 week after I, they both would have shared screens too. I hope you understand what I mean

Freedom,

I would agree to you if there is pressure for Anegan tickets. And there is absolutely none. You can try now and get it for any screen in Chennai. I just booked mine. I do not think 'I' would have shared screens with Anegan. In fact I believe Anegan would have never released in a week's time after 'I'. And speaking about non festival opening for YA. Then ideally it should be viewed by lesser people in the opening weekend compared to a festival release and that means more people will be catching up with the film in the second weekend. So I see no reason why YA should not be preferred for bigger screens in the second weekend.

Freedom
11th February 2015, 01:04 AM
Freedom,

I would agree to you if there is pressure for Anegan tickets. And there is absolutely none. You can try now and get it for any screen in Chennai. I just booked mine. I do not think 'I' would have shared screens with Anegan. In fact I believe Anegan would have never released in a week's time after 'I'. And speaking about non festival opening about YA. Then ideally it should be viewed by lesser people in the opening weekend compared to a festival release and that means more people will be catching up with the film in the second weekend. So I see no reason why YA should not be preferred for bigger screens in the second weekend.

Kind of agree but not 100%. We'll see how Anegan goes, my prediction is if it doesn't do that well, then YA will take it back. But I agree with you on the tax thingy.

IMO AMR clearly missed it by 1 week. they should have gone for release on Jan29th and it would have been ideal.

ajaybaskar
11th February 2015, 01:05 AM
Just read my post above AB. No point in writing it here again,
Freedom,

We need not even wait for the weekend. Just check today's (wednesday) booking status in spicinemas.in. Except for two classes in Sathyam main screen, almost all other screens have tickets. And this is after setting the number of tickets required to 10. It was not the case for Kaththi in its second week. Almost all evening shows were full. You need not believe me. Just check it yourself.

uruzalari
11th February 2015, 01:08 AM
Kind of agree but not 100%. We'll see how Anegan goes, my prediction is if it doesn't do that well, then YA will take it back. But I agree with you on the tax thingy.

IMO AMR clearly missed it by 1 week. they should have gone for release on Jan29th and it would have been ideal.

This could be the case in single screens. But in multiplexes they open bookings for a full week and they do not tamper with the schedule in between. And regaining the main screen in the 3rd week would be tough. But if that happens can be rest assured that the movie is indeed going great guns.

bimmer
11th February 2015, 01:18 AM
This could be the case in single screens. But in multiplexes they open bookings for a full week and they do not tamper with the schedule in between. And regaining the main screen in the 3rd week would be tough. But if that happens can be rest assured that the movie is indeed going great guns.

your agreement is valid if there are no subsequent biggie release. There was no huge competition for Kaththi until Lingaa came, which gave Kaththi a good 31/2 weeks.

Freedom
11th February 2015, 01:19 AM
Freedom,

We need not even wait for the weekend. Just check today's (wednesday) booking status in spicinemas.in. Except for two classes in Sathyam main screen, almost all other screens have tickets. And this is after setting the number of tickets required to 10. It was not the case for Kaththi in its second week. Almost all evening shows were full. You need not believe me. Just check it yourself.

Cool, I usually won't bother doing these things. But point taken!

CEDYBLUE
11th February 2015, 01:24 AM
your agreement is valid if there are no subsequent biggie release. There was no huge competition for Kaththi until Lingaa came, which gave Kaththi a good 31/2 weeks.

Shankar's 'I' was lurking around all the time. Infact, Aascar went on board proclaiming a Diwali release, even suggesting Kaththi might not affect I. Vijay held fort and delivered.

The thing with Kaththi's success is, it did well uniformly throughout and for a significant time frame. You can check any market, it will be in harmony with other markets.

bimmer
11th February 2015, 01:29 AM
Shankar's 'I' was lurking around all the time. Infact, Aascar went on board proclaiming a Diwali release, even suggesting Kaththi might not affect I. Vijay held fort and delivered.

The thing with Kaththi's success is, it did well uniformly throughout and for a significant time frame. You can check any market, it will be in harmony with other markets.

CB No questions on Kaththi's success, I Movie Lurking around and releasing are 2 different things. we laymen would have little idea about movie releases but Aascar and Vijay know the movie release dates. Kaththi if released in Feb would not have been so much of a success IMO. The stage for Kaththi was set and the content delivered the Success.

CEDYBLUE
11th February 2015, 01:30 AM
CB No questions on Kaththi's success, I Movie Lurking around and releasing are 2 different things. we laymen would have little idea about movie releases but Aascar and Vijay know the movie release dates. Kaththi if released in Feb would not have been so much of a success IMO. The stage for Kaththi was set and the content delivered the Success.

Couldn't agree more.

Freedom
11th February 2015, 02:07 AM
I'm glad there is no bickering between immature fans from both sides on this thread (the way it usually ends up!)

Russellmvr
11th February 2015, 10:20 AM
good discussion.. learnt so much :clap:

Siv.S
11th February 2015, 11:04 AM
Moviebuff, there is something called theatre agreement, Anegan was planned/announced for 13th Feb much earlier than YA.

ArulprakasH
11th February 2015, 04:53 PM
Good discussions...

1. Sometime back we discussed in detail how Avg per screen cannot give clear picture when comparing two movies released with different set of screens... Avg per day wont work either when festive and solo release come into pic. We dont have enough data to make all these comparisons.

2. Regrading Rentrack, there is fair assumption that reported 29 screens are subset of 32. What if at least 30% of screens are different. What if Rentrak has 60 screen list and YA released in a different set. Just for an example, if a screen like Satyam is not reported where as two Mayajaal screens accounted. The gross will be less whereas the screen count is more. Earlier BM showcased with US gross numbers how a small count of screens may have huge impact on net amount.

3. AB.. I checked SPICINEMAS.IN status now using your method. Out of 12 evening shows(6PM - 7:30PM) 9 shows are full. I checked most of the night shows and seats available mostly in front two rows. I have even checked for Thursday, shows are 50-60% booked. YA released in all mount road complexes if I am not wrong. It i

4. Now we have come to a point where a movie's BO fate can be written only based on Satyam main screen, leaving all the influential factors behind it. There was a time when few movies are not considered for Satyam release.

5. I am noticing that whenever Ajith movie's BO numbers are delivered, immediately its profitability is questioned based on ET. Do you guys think distributors/theater owners pay the price without considering this? Dont they have a different pricing on this?

uruzalari
11th February 2015, 05:15 PM
4. Now we have come to a point where a movie's BO fate can be written only based on Satyam main screen, leaving all the influential factors behind it. There was a time when few movies are not considered for Satyam release.

I actually posted about this first. So let me clarify. I have no intention pull YA down. Sathyam booking does not decide the fate of a film at BO. But I definitely think Sathyam screen allocation and bookings give a decent idea about how the film fares in Chennai. My assumption is that Sathyam is the first preference for the regular movie going crowd of Chennai. I was awake last Tuesday midnight to try my luck at booking for YA for the weekend and failed to get two tickets anywhere in Sathyam,Luxe and Escape. People generally try for Sathyam and then go for other options. My post was based on that.

balaajee
11th February 2015, 05:28 PM
i actually posted about this first. So let me clarify. I have no intention pull ya down. Sathyam booking does not decide the fate of a film at bo. But i definitely think sathyam screen allocation and bookings give a decent idea about how the film fares in chennai. My assumption is that sathyam is the first preference for the regular movie going crowd of chennai. I was awake last tuesday midnight to try my luck at booking for ya for the weekend and failed to get two tickets anywhere in sathyam,luxe and escape. People generally try for sathyam and then go for other options. My post was based on that.

very true

Parthyy
11th February 2015, 05:35 PM
Adding to that
1.Reviews doesnt matter for a films BO mostly.only Word of mouth matters it not that Kathi got mixed reviews and YA got thumpsup...many influencal portals too gave Kaththi more rating than YA.So downplaying Kaththi reviews to highlights film run due to StarPower doesnt augur well at all here IMO.Trashed siruthai did better than acclaimed adukalam even in A centers.

2.YA Promos started appearing in TVs just 3 days before release and Kathi 2 days before.otherwise Kathi had its everybit of extra curricular promotions...

3.GVM last action film was VV 10 yeas ago and recent film drops and NEPV/Nadunisi naigal failuer have only brought down his reputation or box office pull.May be myself or more GVM enthusiasts had immense expectation due to GVM factor.Other wise his selling point nowhere comparable to shankar currently....

ArulprakasH
11th February 2015, 05:36 PM
MB, I was talking in general. Sorry if my post offended you.

Currently YA is played in Devi and Devi Bala in Devi complex, Shanti, Satyam, Escape and Woodlands in Mount Road and Royapetta area... I think this area had a huge number of shows played already. If you see from Friday, Devi retained its main screen for YA, Satyam retained 2 shows in their main screen, 2 in Santham, 1 in Serene 4 in Escape, 3 shows in Shanti and in Woodlands complex, it is moved to Symphony with four shows a day. Even after accommodating Anegan, YA continuing its streak in this area.

uruzalari
11th February 2015, 05:43 PM
MB, I was talking in general. Sorry if my post offended you.

No offence at all :)

Dammy R
11th February 2015, 06:33 PM
Arul,

On your point 1, I totally agree there are a lot of assumptions that have to go when we talk about per day/screen because we do not know other finer details. No offence bro, but instead of applauding BMs post yesterday, if you had said this to him it could have avoided a lot of these back and forth posts. Most of the posts were in response to his analysis.

Point no 2 on Rentrak was again brought out because it was posted how unfair it was on Rentraks part to report only based on 29 screens. Kaththi was also reported for 32 screens. Someone questioned the authenticity of their report which is when this whole back and forth started.

Point no 3 - I think Ajay meant yesterdays bookings in SPI.

Guess point no 4 and 5 have been discussed between you and MB.

Dammy R
11th February 2015, 06:49 PM
Adding to that
1.Reviews doesnt matter for a films BO mostly.only Word of mouth matters it not that Kathi got mixed reviews and YA got thumpsup...many influencal portals too gave Kaththi more rating than YA.So downplaying Kaththi reviews to highlights film run due to StarPower doesnt augur well at all here IMO.Trashed siruthai did better than acclaimed adukalam even in A centers.

2.YA Promos started appearing in TVs just 3 days before release and Kathi 2 days before.otherwise Kathi had its everybit of extra curricular promotions...

3.GVM last action film was VV 10 yeas ago and recent film drops and NEPV/Nadunisi naigal failuer have only brought down his reputation or box office pull.May be myself or more GVM enthusiasts had immense expectation due to GVM factor.Other wise his selling point nowhere comparable to shankar currently....

Parthy,

I personally believe exactly the same that for big stars, reviews do not matter at all due to the local fanbase they have. It does impact heroes who do not enjoy a local fanbase though. Yes, word of mouth does matter the most for a longer run (beyond first weekend). Based on what I read here in the hub, I thought YA did get a decent review from audiences. ..and had the word of mouth going for it...I saw a lot of posts mentioning that.

The point about promotion for Kaththi was not just tv promos...but trailer, ticket bookings etc. YA did have an advantage as the bookings opened almost 5 days before release...theaters had enough time to plan the schedules and show timings. We all know the problems Kaththi went through till the day before release.

Having said all this, I still feel it is too early to comment about YAs box office result...you cannot call it a flop nor can you call it a blockbuster yet.

CEDYBLUE
11th February 2015, 07:02 PM
Good discussions. Kudos and Thanks, to all. Civil discussions between Vijay and Ajith fans have never been a possibility for a long long time. What a refreshing change.

Dammy, completely agree with you bro.

Kaththi did generate a lot of negative publicity, thanks to Velmurugan and co, but this hampered the promotional plans of the Kaththi team. Comparing this with the well-planned promotions for, lets say, Thuppakki, Kaththi had very little.

The fate of the release was also not clear and a lot of us feared a repeat of Thalaivaa's opening delays.

Online reviews were good, but not overwhelming, largely because of comparisons with Thuppakki. Fans like me, loved it first time, is a different issue :)

PARAMASHIVAN
11th February 2015, 07:15 PM
Wow, for once sensible discussions in this thread ... :thumbsup:

ajaybaskar
11th February 2015, 07:21 PM
Thats because the usual suspects are banned.

PARAMASHIVAN
11th February 2015, 07:46 PM
Lol, @AB

ArulprakasH
11th February 2015, 08:04 PM
Arul,

On your point 1, I totally agree there are a lot of assumptions that have to go when we talk about per day/screen because we do not know other finer details. No offence bro, but instead of applauding BMs post yesterday, if you had said this to him it could have avoided a lot of these back and forth posts. Most of the posts were in response to his analysis.

BMs post was intended at the boys who were trying hard to bring YA down. They were very much interested in updating YA BO status than us and they did not stop even after asked them to save energy for the next release.

Point no 2 on Rentrak was again brought out because it was posted how unfair it was on Rentraks part to report only based on 29 screens. Kaththi was also reported for 32 screens. Someone questioned the authenticity of their report which is when this whole back and forth started.

I think A_A must be frustrated on seeing a small number of screens reported through rentrack while it is played in a good number.

Point no 3 - I think Ajay meant yesterdays bookings in SPI.

Yesterday(Tuesday), AB was looking at today's(Wednesday) reservation status. FYI yesterday too, most of the shows were full when I checked after noon. You could find the status updated in the YA thread.

Arragesh
11th February 2015, 08:09 PM

Exactly my Thoughts...Thanks Bimmer.

ArulprakasH
11th February 2015, 08:20 PM
My Bad, it is not BM but AB. Modified my post now.

Parthyy
11th February 2015, 08:27 PM
Parthy,

I personally believe exactly the same that for big stars, reviews do not matter at all due to the local fanbase they have. It does impact heroes who do not enjoy a local fanbase though. Yes, word of mouth does matter the most for a longer run (beyond first weekend). Based on what I read here in the hub, I thought YA did get a decent review from audiences. ..and had the word of mouth going for it...I saw a lot of posts mentioning that.

The point about promotion for Kaththi was not just tv promos...but trailer, ticket bookings etc. YA did have an advantage as the bookings opened almost 5 days before release...theaters had enough time to plan the schedules and show timings. We all know the problems Kaththi went through till the day before release.

Having said all this, I still feel it is too early to comment about YAs box office result...you cannot call it a flop nor can you call it a blockbuster yet.
Fair enough bro,

I brought Kathi just because Cedy pointed that in his post.mainly on those 3 points...

ajaybaskar
11th February 2015, 08:41 PM
AP,

Yes. U r right. Last night I was checking today's evening status. And it was all green except Sathyam. I specifically pointed out the complex for the same reason that MB mentioned. All movie goers' first choice in Chennai is Sathyam. Most movies show green from the first Monday but the evening shows are always booked at least 2,3 days in advance. It has been the case for all big actors including Ajith. But YA is not getting that kinda rush honestly. Getting booked on the same day in Sathyam is different thing altogether. Just peep in at 6 pm. You wont get tickets for even Isai, let alone YA.

Lets keep our chella rivalry aside. But at least for me, the movie is not doing well. An Ajith movie, say for example Veeram, drew more crowds the same period. And actually its quite surprising for me. Because after a long time, I enjoyed an Ajith movie and enjoyed it better than Kaakka Kaakka. And I thought it would become a superhit if not a blockbuster, mainly because it had the right dose of sentiments and romance in it. And except for the first half an hour or so, I found the film gripping. I kinda knew that it wouldn't reach the suburbs given the director's making style. But CBO is a real shock for me.

Dammy R
11th February 2015, 08:52 PM
BMs post was intended at the boys who were trying hard to bring YA down. They were very much interested in updating YA BO status than us and they did not stop even after asked them to save energy for the next release.

Buddy - I think the point was more around the logic used by BM, which is what Cedy used in his reply and which you questioned. We are all in agreement now on that at least, so its all good.

However, I do understand what you mean on some boys updating box office reports; however, I am not sure if posting BO updates is meant to degrade a particular movie - all these are coming from websites that are typically used when the movie does well too. Now I do know some people may have an agenda while posting bad results and I may have missed some of the bad posts, but then, that happens from both sides when an Ajith/Vijay movie releases. We all know about a few who bring Vijay into the discussion even when the topic doesn't involve Vijay, and what kind of bad language is used to address him. No senior hubber even cares to read or reply to such posts. As long as both sides maintain this, we will see more of such civil conversations even in future and I really wish to see the day when an Ajith fan can openly criticize a Vijay film and vice versa.

As far as YA is concerned, I too have heard decent reviews from few friends outside the hub, so as I have been saying, it may be too early to label the movie as average or a superhit or whatever. We may get a better picture by next week. If Anegan doesn't turn out to be good, it may well work in YA's favor. Let's see.

ArulprakasH
11th February 2015, 09:15 PM
AP,

Yes. U r right. Last night I was checking today's evening status. And it was all green except Sathyam. I specifically pointed out the complex for the same reason that MB mentioned. All movie goers' first choice in Chennai is Sathyam. Most movies show green from the first Monday but the evening shows are always booked at least 2,3 days in advance. It has been the case for all big actors including Ajith. But YA is not getting that kinda rush honestly. Getting booked on the same day in Sathyam is different thing altogether. Just peep in at 6 pm. You wont get tickets for even Isai, let alone YA.

Lets keep our chella rivalry aside. But at least for me, the movie is not doing well. An Ajith movie, say for example Veeram, drew more crowds the same period. And actually its quite surprising for me. Because after a long time, I enjoyed an Ajith movie and enjoyed it better than Kaakka Kaakka. And I thought it would become a superhit if not a blockbuster, mainly because it had the right dose of sentiments and romance in it. And except for the first half an hour or so, I found the film gripping. I kinda knew that it wouldn't reach the suburbs given the director's making style. But CBO is a real shock for me.

I am glad that you have enjoyed the movie. I did not check at 6PM but around noon. I have seen green status for all the shows on 27th October 2014, the first Monday following the release.

ArulprakasH
11th February 2015, 09:21 PM
Buddy - I think the point was more around the logic used by BM, which is what Cedy used in his reply and which you questioned. We are all in agreement now on that at least, so its all good.

However, I do understand what you mean on some boys updating box office reports; however, I am not sure if posting BO updates is meant to degrade a particular movie - all these are coming from websites that are typically used when the movie does well too. Now I do know some people may have an agenda while posting bad results and I may have missed some of the bad posts, but then, that happens from both sides when an Ajith/Vijay movie releases. We all know about a few who bring Vijay into the discussion even when the topic doesn't involve Vijay, and what kind of bad language is used to address him. No senior hubber even cares to read or reply to such posts. As long as both sides maintain this, we will see more of such civil conversations even in future and I really wish to see the day when an Ajith fan can openly criticize a Vijay film and vice versa.

As far as YA is concerned, I too have heard decent reviews from few friends outside the hub, so as I have been saying, it may be too early to label the movie as average or a superhit or whatever. We may get a better picture by next week. If Anegan doesn't turn out to be good, it may well work in YA's favor. Let's see.

Cedy did not point the mistake in that analysis rather he posted an analysis with his own logic. It is not just the BO updates, they were projecting it like completely bombed.

I have understood one solid thing from this thread. Let me remember it forever. Signing off from this thread. :wave:

ajaybaskar
11th February 2015, 09:22 PM
AP,

Edhachum sollanumnu sollappidadhu. I had to wait till Thursday for watching Kaththi 3rd time as I didnt get tickets in any screen. S2 Perambur was available but not Sathyam, Escape or Luxe which I prefer.

And for 28th October, I had to book the previous Friday and there were very few seats available in Luxe Screen 2. Also, I still remember Ratheesh waiting till Wednesday to post first non houseful night show of Kaththi in Abirami. Our guys including me lack the 'soodhanam' factor to take screenshots then and there to prove things. Even I can only point out that in SPIcinemas Kaththi had 72 shows per day in the second weekend in spite of Poojai and HNY. But I cant prove it without screenshots. What to do?

vithagan
11th February 2015, 09:27 PM
But CBO is a real shock for me.

Disclaimer: No offense to Ajith/Ajith fans

I'm not at all surprised, for regular movie goer there should be some gripping elements to attract, that's totally missing in YA. Ajiths presence should be enough for some but not for all. Is the movie a flop material? definitely not.. it does have good moments but that's not enough to see a blockbuster success. At the max it can reach above average IMO.

However, I do understand what you mean on some boys updating box office reports; however, I am not sure if posting BO updates is meant to degrade a particular movie - all these are coming from websites that are typically used when the movie does well too. Now I do know some people may have an agenda while posting bad results and I may have missed some of the bad posts, but then, that happens from both sides when an Ajith/Vijay movie releases. .

Regarding the comparison of BO numbers, "the usual suspects" post the BO numbers just to compare and degrade the movie, some Vijay fans ( from the suspect list) are so desperate to give the comparison numbers with Lingaa & YA.. they didn't even cared about "I" which collected more than Kathhi (atleast CBO).. I don't understand the reason.. may be the suspects had an agenda as you mentioned :)

ajaybaskar
11th February 2015, 09:34 PM
Ai collected more than Kaththi in almost all regions I guess. But why would it be even mentioned when the real intention is to find who is the real successor to Rajni in terms of BO pull? The fight is always between Ajith and Vijay fans, no?

bimmer
11th February 2015, 09:37 PM
AP,

AB - Just when you think things are going smooth- Please don't turn the tide. Festival Releases are different, Veeram was a Pongal Release. Satyam is not the only yardstick for movies success- If You found the movie gripping except for the first 30 Mins, we are happy. By any means you are not a trade analyst (Neither am I). let us give the movie sometime to determine the Hit/ Flop status.

CharlesPef
11th February 2015, 09:39 PM
Sathyam added Santham 9 Am shows on weekends...So it shows that there are demand for YA tickets...

ajaybaskar
11th February 2015, 09:43 PM
Thats why I said at least for me. While comparing with Veeram, I have clearly mentioned as the second weekend. Pongal is not celebrated for 10 days. After 4 days, all the films are the same.

Ok. Sathyam is not an yardstick. Then which one is?

PARAMASHIVAN
11th February 2015, 09:51 PM
This hub fan base (based on numbers) are as follows

VJ fans > Ajith fans > Kamal Fans > Rajni fans (many have left)

So it is common to see more activities from VJ fans, Competition between VJ vs Ajith, and Kamal vs Rajni is quite norm. But since the release of "Knife" this thread was updated almost daily, disregarding any other BO results of other movies which got released along with or just before /after Kathi .

bimmer
11th February 2015, 09:51 PM
Disclaimer: No offense to Ajith/Ajith fans

I'm not at all surprised, for regular movie goer there should be some gripping elements to attract, that's totally missing in YA. Ajiths presence should be enough for some but not for all. Is the movie a flop material? definitely not.. it does have good moments but that's not enough to see a blockbuster success. At the max it can reach above average IMO.

Regarding the comparison of BO numbers, "the usual suspects" post the BO numbers just to compare and degrade the movie, some Vijay fans ( from the suspect list) are so desperate to give the comparison numbers with Lingaa & YA.. they didn't even cared about "I" which collected more than Kathhi (atleast CBO).. I don't understand the reason.. may be the suspects had an agenda as you mentioned :)

Vithagan - We are not offended. I could have collected more, But which movie was more profitable matters - You rope in Shankar, ARR, PCC - Take 2 Years to complete the movie, you lose weight, put on weight - Toil for the movie spend crores, Final result was an very average movie not upto Shankar's standards - But OMG we all felt the movie need to succeed for Vikram's effort.

Coming back to YA - The movie did not have any lagging moments - Please go to Twitter and check out the Negative Publicity by VJ fans - This reviewer itsprasanth - He visually looks drunk, He tweets between movies constantly and comes out and gives a review - Movie la croud illayam - is this a movie's drawback- Did KK, VV, VTV, have a star studded crew or always shot at a crowded location, Bullshit I say. This guys needs to stop reviewing movies. in UK The movie was telecasted on TV the very first day. Who would go to the movie theater if a family of 3 can save 40 Pounds. Finally If a movie collected 450,000$ in US and collected 30/40 Crores in India (Downplaying) - The movie is till running and will be in the super hit status.

For all Ajith Fans YA will be near and dear to our hearts - The movie has all qualities to being a BB material.

Siv.S
11th February 2015, 09:52 PM
Very glad to know that Vijay fans are checking every Chennai screens to check how YA is doing, as I posted here earlier the movie is doing well at least in Chennai multiplexes.. if u want to know check yennaiarindhaal hashtag, there are screen shots haven been posted and good thing is u can come to know the timings of the screen shot taken.

I agree with you vithagan, the movie got Mixed WOM and another thing this it is been seen as a drama genre

bimmer
11th February 2015, 09:58 PM
Thats why I said at least for me. While comparing with Veeram, I have clearly mentioned as the second weekend. Pongal is not celebrated for 10 days. After 4 days, all the films are the same.

Ok. Sathyam is not an yardstick. Then which one is?

This discussion will go no where. Do you have stats for Veeram's second week's or are you pulling it out from somewhere? After 4 Days all films are the same- Nope depends on various factors - Movie's quality, Summer Vacations, Winter Break, other movie releases, Cricket matches, IPL a lot of influential factors.

Why only Satyam - why not consider all Multiplexes why not Maayajal where YA got more screen counts than Kaththi

CEDYBLUE
11th February 2015, 10:11 PM
This discussion will go no where. Do you have stats for Veeram's second week's or are you pulling it out from somewhere? After 4 Days all films are the same- Nope depends on various factors - Movie's quality, Summer Vacations, Winter Break, other movie releases, Cricket matches, IPL a lot of influential factors.

Why only Satyam - why not consider all Multiplexes why not Maayajal where YA got more screen counts than Kaththi

Bimmer,

I guess MovieBuff and Ajay had already explained why it is Sathyam. Sathyam, for some of us here in Chennai including me, is the first-stop to catch our favourite movies. Most of the times we burn the midnight oil, just to see if we get lucky on day 1 @ sathyam, when SPI cinemas open their bookings. When Sathyam is gone, secondary options come in for day 1 FDFS. Even then, after FDFS, most of us make sure, we catch the movie @ sathyam at a later day.

So, some of us here, based on our personal experiences believe that Sathyam is the primary hub for Chennaites and it probably fills earlier than most screens here. That's our personal opinion and I think previous posts clearly mentioned it.

After 4 or 5 day first weekend, all movies whether it is a festival or a saturated release, would move out of the fan-phase and enter into a crucial phase where things like family crowd, WOM, repeat values, come into the picture. It is level playing ground from there although the eventual fortune, depends on a lot of factors. That is what Ajay meant.

Having followed the fortunes of Jilla (and Veeram, inevitably), I am also of the opine that things were a lot less Green than what it is now. My views, strictly.

But as you rightly say, this discussion will take us no where.

ajaybaskar
11th February 2015, 10:19 PM
Very glad to know that Vijay fans are checking every Chennai screens to check how YA is doing, as I posted here earlier the movie is doing well at least in Chennai multiplexes.. if u want to know check yennaiarindhaal hashtag, there are screen shots haven been posted and good thing is u can come to know the timings of the screen shot taken.

I agree with you vithagan, the movie got Mixed WOM and another thing this it is been seen as a drama genre

Certainly that has nothing to do with your post,bro. I didnt read that first, TBH. I checked YA status late night only for spicinemas and it showed green except Sathyam like how it is showing now for tomorrow's shows. Why go to twitter when u can straightaway go to spicinemas.in to check status?

This ticket book status checking of each and every theatre, taking screenshots of it are not my agenda. But had to respond to the post from Freedom (#3778) and hence went and checked the booking status for today. Thats all

Adox
11th February 2015, 10:42 PM
Vithagan - We are not offended. I could have collected more, But which movie was more profitable matters - You rope in Shankar, ARR, PCC - Take 2 Years to complete the movie, you lose weight, put on weight - Toil for the movie spend crores, Final result was an very average movie not upto Shankar's standards - But OMG we all felt the movie need to succeed for Vikram's effort.

You're right bimmer ... The movie 'I' for all the time (about 3 years), effort Vikram put in and the cost, ideally should have been a BB. For that to happen, it should have matched Endhiran collections. Thats a little far-fetched. Atleast hopefully it sees a profit and Vikram gets a break.

elsaen11
12th February 2015, 09:53 AM
Good sensible arguments :clap:

vithagan
12th February 2015, 10:12 AM

Coming back to YA - The movie did not have any lagging moments - Please go to Twitter and check out the Negative Publicity by VJ fans - This reviewer itsprasanth - He visually looks drunk, He tweets between movies constantly and comes out and gives a review - Movie la croud illayam - is this a movie's drawback- Did KK, VV, VTV, have a star studded crew or always shot at a crowded location,

Agree with your views on "Ai", I'm not in the game of comparing BO numbers ( Ai or YA or Kathi).. My point is YA doesn't have enough substance to become a BB but you think otherwise which is totally fine. Second week collection report will give us the clear status so lets wait.

VJ fans negative publicity I partially agree, when I watched YA with one of vijay fan, he is so desparate to pull the movie down before even it started. Starting from Ajith's name appeared on the title he started with Ajith nilmai ippadi aagiduche yaarume whistle adikkalainnu.. even though there were some..from that point till interval he was always with the phone.. not sure he was updating the status in twitter ;) Seriousa yosichen edhukku ivan padam paarka vandhaannu?? odanae vijay fanss sandaikku varadheenga.. just i'm talking about that particular guy..

Freedom
12th February 2015, 10:50 AM
Agree with your views on "Ai", I'm not in the game of comparing BO numbers ( Ai or YA or Kathi).. My point is YA doesn't have enough substance to become a BB but you think otherwise which is totally fine. Second week collection report will give us the clear status so lets wait.

VJ fans negative publicity I partially agree, when I watched YA with one of vijay fan, he is so desparate to pull the movie down before even it started. Starting from Ajith's name appeared on the title he started with Ajith nilmai ippadi aagiduche yaarume whistle adikkalainnu.. even though there were some..from that point till interval he was always with the phone.. not sure he was updating the status in twitter ;) Seriousa yosichen edhukku ivan padam paarka vandhaannu?? odanae vijay fanss sandaikku varadheenga.. just i'm talking about that particular guy..

Idhukke ippadi solliteenga? Unga frienda aachum twitter edho pannituu irundhaaru. Some Vijay fans work day and night to bring the movie down. Not sure what their grudge is against Ajith nor I'm sure why they feel so insecure. shown is an example below:

Original article:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B9nmexiIEAA7blf.jpg

Fake Article:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B9nmhrXIQAEbwEC.jpg

Ivanga indha skillsa egayaachum urupadiya use panna thevalaam.

Freedom
12th February 2015, 10:59 AM
Indha savaranai la KABoxoffice twitter handle, andhraboxoffice1 (Tamil movie ku en andhrabox office nu per kelunga).

Ennamo AM rathnam distrobutors ku 51 C ku vithaaram, and the movie has to collect 75 (with 30% tax ) to even breakeven nu ellam adichi vidraanga?? ennamo AMR vikkum podhu Vijay fans kitta inform pannitu vitha mathiri.....ada ponga vithagan!

YA vida worst movies ellam nalla odi pathu iruken!

Freedom
12th February 2015, 11:01 AM
Good sensible arguments :clap:

Hopefully you can do the same way like your mates instead of putting screens shots !

ajaybaskar
12th February 2015, 11:04 AM
Idhukke ippadi solliteenga? Unga frienda aachum twitter edho pannituu irundhaaru. Some Vijay fans work day and night to bring the movie down. Not sure what their grudge is against Ajith nor I'm sure why they feel so insecure. shown is an example below:

Original article:

Fake Article:

என்ன மச்சி பொசுக்குன்னு இப்படி பேசிப்புட்ட.. அவனுங்களாவது நடுவுலதான் ஃபோட்டோஷாப் வேலை பண்ணிருக்கானுங்க.. இப்படி ச்சூடு..

http://twitter.com/Billa2_Karthi/status/563735343975763968/photo/1

elsaen11
12th February 2015, 11:06 AM

Original article:

Fake Article:

Freedom rather than blaming , this cheap work was started by ajith fans during thalaiva issue. Both sides need to be blamed. There are many cases where ajith/vijay fan in name of vice versa do this to bring down

Freedom
12th February 2015, 11:06 AM
என்ன மச்சி பொசுக்குன்னு இப்படி பேசிப்புட்ட.. அவனுங்களாவது நடுவுலதான் ஃபோட்டோஷாப் வேலை பண்ணிருக்கானுங்க.. இப்படி ச்சூடு..

AB I'm talking about bringing a movie down...... I hope you get it!

elsaen11
12th February 2015, 11:07 AM

I was supposed to share :wink:

Freedom
Freedom rather than blaming , this cheap work was started by ajith fans during thalaiva issue. Both sides need to be blamed. There are many cases where ajith/vijay fan in name of vice versa do this to bring down

Unaware of that. I don't remember seeing , but you could be correct. so no idea

ajaybaskar
AB I'm talking about bringing a movie down...... I hope you get it!
Here its bringing another artist down. Just don't say Ajith fans are vaazhum mahatmas. They are NOT

Siv.S
12th February 2015, 11:10 AM
:lol: I wish those panny fellows read more Tamil dailies to write better in future

elsaen11
12th February 2015, 11:11 AM
Hopefully you can do the same way like your mates instead of putting screens shots !

I dont remember me posting screenshots recently :roll:
Anyways my response will be so n so is for people like parani

Siv.S
12th February 2015, 11:14 AM
But i m yet to find someone like Arvind, a p*$p from Kuwait, his 24 hours job is something to do like this.

ajaybaskar
12th February 2015, 11:14 AM
Bimmer asked me last eve that when things are going smooth why am I turning the tide. All I did was to compare two movies of Ajith. I don't know what bimmer will have to say when needless accusations are being brought here in.

ajaybaskar
12th February 2015, 11:18 AM
But i m yet to find someone like Arvind, a p*$p from Kuwait, his 24 hours job is something to do like this.
Siva,

There are ppl like him in other side too. That 'Take a screenshot of this tweet' famous Kamaljii, Arshad are equally obnoxious. But why we need to bring such things here?

Siv.S
12th February 2015, 11:26 AM
Siva,

There are ppl like him in other side too. That 'Take a screenshot of this tweet' famous Kamaljii, Arshad are equally obnoxious. But why we need to bring such things here?

I am with you in that Ajay, i never want anyone to bring those cheap works here, I know that kamal guy also do some awful things but Aravinthu is a different level when comparing with these 2 ( and i don't follow the latter u mentioned ) anyhow for this topic :wave:

Siv.S
12th February 2015, 11:52 AM
Good discussions...
2. Regrading Rentrack, there is fair assumption that reported 29 screens are subset of 32. What if at least 30% of screens are different. What if Rentrak has 60 screen list and YA released in a different set. Just for an example, if a screen like Satyam is not reported where as two Mayajaal screens accounted. The gross will be less whereas the screen count is more. Earlier BM showcased with US gross numbers how a small count of screens may have huge impact on net amount.

:thumbsup:

Malaysia Opening Week Box Office

2,700,960 MYR / 744,780$

VinodKumar's
12th February 2015, 12:03 PM
Siva,

Dude, you missed Premji.

Siv.S
12th February 2015, 12:15 PM
Vinod, show me when did Premji tweet/making fun of Vijay or his movies? can't help if praising Thala irking some bunch of fools.

ajaybaskar
12th February 2015, 12:25 PM
Siva,

Many actors praise Ajith. But why Premji is only targeted? ARM tweets about Kaththi collecting 100C and this guy immediately tweets about vadais. It may satisfy people who wanted Kaththi to fail but not everyone will take it lightly. He deleted it later though.

Siv.S
12th February 2015, 12:31 PM
Vijay fans targeting Premji started much earlier than that, Ajay, they just jumped on him for each and every Ajith tweets by him.... Just a sample here https://twitter.com/Premgiamaren/status/510089347735887872 look at the response for this tweet from vijay fans, did he talk anything bad about Vijay here ?

Russellmvr
12th February 2015, 12:33 PM
Actually if I was not wrong. Premji started with some tweet bashing Velayutham..!!

He tweeted something like " Valayutham vanthaalum Soolayutham vanthaalum.. Mangatha da" or something. Ellam anka start anathuthan..!!

uruzalari
12th February 2015, 12:54 PM
I have posted this before also I believe. Whoever we are talking about here are succeeding in their purpose. An Ajith fan is going to be happy about his film succeeding and a Vijay fan for his star's film. But the persons you are discussing here cannot be called as fans. They infact dedicate their whole time spreading hatred and mocking at their assumed rival star. And their goal is to gain attention. Which is what is exactly happening here. I often see comments here saying 'X' talks nonsense and let us ignore him. If X is to be ignored he has to be ignored literally and commenting that he has to be ignored only defeats the sole purpose. And generalising that Vijay fans are like this or Ajith fans are like this makes no sense. 'X' is only displaying his immature and stupid attitude in the guise of a fan of a particlar star.

ajaybaskar
12th February 2015, 12:56 PM
Movie Buff,

Pls check PM

Siv.S
12th February 2015, 01:06 PM
Muthalvan, don't remember this even though i am active in twitter since Mankatha days, my question is most celebrities did reply like that, for ex. even ARM's "Paappa Thalli Poi Vilayadu" for surya-vijay competition.. ... but why bringing Premji alone here or bunching Premji into that jobless idiots..

Russellmvr
12th February 2015, 01:16 PM
Muthalvan, don't remember this even though i am active in twitter since Mankatha days, my question is most celebrities did reply like that, for ex. even ARM's "Paappa Thalli Poi Vilayadu" for surya-vijay competition.. ... but why bringing Premji alone here or bunching Premji into that jobless idiots..

Siva Anna,

Agreed to a certain level. ARM tweeted that papa thing after a fan tweeted him rubbish and I do not wanna discuss that.
Premji is on other hand had done some unusual tweets, which clearly irked some Fans.

Vijay fan didnt upset Simbhu for saying YA was a good film, but for the mental part he was mentioning.

I still feel, few celebrity are still immature when it comes to twitter handling in Public.

otedoric
12th February 2015, 01:24 PM
Siva Anna,

Agreed to a certain level. ARM tweeted that papa thing after a fan tweeted him rubbish and I do not wanna discuss that.
Premji is on other hand had done some unusual tweets, which clearly irked some Fans.

Vijay fan didnt upset Simbhu for saying YA was a good film, but for the mental part he was mentioning.

I still feel, few celebrity are still immature when it comes to twitter handling in Public.

VERY TRUE...
Fans can be mentally ill...
Celebrity should maintain some dignity

VinodKumar's
12th February 2015, 03:04 PM
Vinod, show me when did Premji tweet/making fun of Vijay or his movies? can't help if praising Thala irking some bunch of fools.

Siva, First of all I am not in twitter. I dont know what is the start point also. But in recent days I have seen his crap stuffs being shared in FB by Ajith fans. He is stupid but not that stupid to use Vijay name directly. His recent activities in social media clearly has anti-vijay agenda and thats the reason why I mentioned him here.

P.S - Enakku ivana Chennai-28 la irundhae pudikaadhu. Idhukkum Mangatha kum recent activities kum yendha sambandhamum kedayaddhu.

Freedom
12th February 2015, 11:38 PM
Here its bringing another artist down. Just don't say Ajith fans are vaazhum mahatmas. They are NOT

I have not seen it, nor am I going to deny anything. But my point was to completely bring down and have it as an agenda is what irks me.

But like some of you guys said, no need to give importance to some a*** holes.

selvamohankumar
13th February 2015, 11:31 PM

Siv looks like you started forgetting things. what happened to his vadai posts in facebook during kaththi.

Few of the hubbers said vijay fans are posting to bring down YA, there were also posts in the same hub during kaththi release talking about collections. I still wonder how doing same thing what they did is hurting them when it comes to them?

ajaybaskar
14th February 2015, 02:16 AM
-deleted by self-

ajaybaskar
14th February 2015, 02:19 AM
-deleted by self-

ALWAR_AJITH
15th February 2015, 03:36 PM
running successfully in Malaysia... SATYA DEV ROCKS!!

Yennai Arindhaal

Sathyadev is a police officer who is very dedicated to his job, putting his work first before anything else. He would risk his life just to keep his city safe for the citizens. But above all, Sathya is committed to the mission of hunting down the murderer of his fiancee.

Language: Tamil
Classification: P13
General Release Date: 05 Feb 2015
Genre: Thriller / Drama
Running Time: 2 Hours 56 Minutes
Distributor: LOTUS FIVE STAR
Cast: Ajith Kumar, Anushka Shetty, Trisha Krishnan, Arun Vijay
Director: Gautham Menon
Format: 2D

[Review] [Showtimes] [Malay Synopsis]
Showtimes
Date:
GSC - Mid Valley, Kuala Lumpur
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
02:20PM05:40PM09:00PM
GSC - Tropicana City, Petaling Jaya
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
11:30AM01:40PM05:00PM08:20PM11:40PM
GSC - Paradigm Mall, Petaling Jaya
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
12:30PM04:00PM08:00PM11:20PM
GSC - Setia City Mall, Shah Alam
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
12:20PM03:30PM06:45PM10:25PM
GSC - Berjaya Times Square, Kuala Lumpur
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
11:15AM02:30PM05:45PM09:00PM12:15AM
GSC - Summit USJ, Petaling Jaya
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
11:30AM02:40PM05:50PM08:55PM
GSC - IOI Mall, Puchong
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
01:50PM05:10PM08:30PM10:50PM11:50PM
GSC - Amanjaya Mall, Sungai Petani
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
11:45AM02:50PM09:15PM
GSC - Gurney Plaza, Georgetown
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
02:50PM06:00PM09:10PM
GSC - Sunway Carnival, Prai
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
12:00PM03:40PM07:00PM
GSC - Terminal 1, Seremban
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
11:40AM02:50PM06:00PM09:10PM10:00PM
GSC - AEON Bandaraya Melaka, Malacca
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
11:15AM05:00PM08:20PM11:30PM
GSC - Berjaya Megamall, Kuantan
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
12:00PM03:10PM06:20PM08:20PM09:30PM
GSC - Mentakab Star Mall, Mentakab
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
12:15PM03:40PM07:00PM10:20PM
GSC - Quill City Mall, Kuala Lumpur
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
11:20AM02:30PM05:40PM08:50PM12:00AM
GSC - Nu Sentral, Kuala Lumpur
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
12:00PM03:30PM07:00PM
GSC - New Ipoh Parade, Ipoh
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
11:15AM02:40PM06:00PM09:15PM12:30AM
GSC - Palm Mall, Seremban
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
11:50AM04:00PM08:00PM
TGV Cinemas - Suria KLCC, Kuala Lumpur
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
11:55AM03:30PM07:00PM10:30PM
TGV Cinemas - Sunway Pyramid, Petaling Jaya
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
01:30PM10:15PM
TGV Cinemas - Kepong, Kuala Lumpur
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
12:30PM04:00PM07:30PM11:00PM
TGV Cinemas - Cheras Selatan, Kuala Lumpur
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
11:00AM03:00PM09:00PM
TGV Cinemas - Setia Walk, Puchong
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
01:15PM04:40PM08:05PM11:30PM
TGV Cinemas - Rawang, Rawang
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
12:05PM03:30PM07:00PM10:30PM
TGV Cinemas - Bukit Tinggi, Klang
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
11:30AM03:00PM06:30PM10:00PM
TGV Cinemas - Seremban 2 Shopping Centre, Seremban
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
TGV Cinemas - Kinta City, Ipoh
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
11:30AM03:00PM06:30PM
TGV Cinemas - AEON Bukit Mertajam, Bukit Mertajam
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
11:45AM03:15PM06:45PM10:15PM
TGV Cinemas - AEON Seri Manjung, Seri Manjung
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
TGV Cinemas - Gurney Paragon Mall, Penang
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
TGV Cinemas - Cheras Sentral, Cheras
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
TGV Cinemas - Encorp Strand, Petaling Jaya
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
MBO - Galaxy Cineplex, Kuala Lumpur
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
10:55AM02:15PM05:40PM09:10PM
MBO - Brem Mall, Kuala Lumpur
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
10:40AM11:45AM02:00PM03:05PM05:20PM06:25PM08:40PM0 9:45PM
MBO - Kulim Landmark Central, Kulim
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
11:30AM02:50PM06:10PM09:30PM
MBO - Taiping Sentral, Taiping
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
11:00AM02:20PM05:40PM09:00PM09:55PM
MBO - Sitiawan, Sitiawan
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
11:00AM02:15PM05:30PM08:45PM
MBO - Teluk Intan, Teluk Intan
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
03:00PM
MBO - Citta Mall, Petaling Jaya
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
10:30AM12:30PM01:45PM03:45PM04:55PM07:00PM08:05PM1 0:15PM11:15PM
MBO - Space U8 Mall, Shah Alam
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
11:30AM12:15PM02:35PM03:20PM05:40PM06:25PM08:45PM0 9:30PM
MBO - Kluang Mall, Kluang
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
11:00AM02:20PM05:40PM09:00PM
MBO - Harbour Place, Klang
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
11:15AM11:45AM02:25PM02:55PM05:35PM06:05PM08:45PM0 9:15PM
MBO - Melaka Mall, Malacca
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
10:30AM12:50PM01:50PM04:05PM05:10PM08:30PM09:50PM
MBO - Terminal 2 Seremban, Seremban
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
11:00AM11:45AM02:20PM03:05PM05:40PM06:25PM09:00PM0 9:45PM
MBO - Square One, Batu Pahat
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
11:00AM02:20PM05:40PM09:00PM12:25AM
MBO - Heritage Mall, Kota Tinggi
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
12:00PM03:20PM06:35PM10:00PM
Lotus Five Star - Capitol Selayang, Batu Caves
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
11:45AM03:00PM06:15PM09:30PM
Lotus Five Star - Sentul Cineplex, Kuala Lumpur
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
12:00PM03:00PM06:00PM09:00PM
Lotus Five Star - Coliseum Cineplex, Kuala Lumpur
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
12:00PM03:15PM06:30PM09:45PM
Lotus Five Star - Metro Plaza Kajang, Kajang
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
06:00PM09:30PM
Lotus Five Star - State Cineplex PJ, Petaling Jaya
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
11:30AM02:45PM06:00PM09:15PM12:30AM
Lotus Five Star - Shaw Centrepoint, Klang
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
Lotus Five Star - 1 Plaza Kuala Selangor, Kuala Selangor
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
11:30AM02:45PM06:00PM09:15PM
Lotus Five Star - KM Plaza, Seremban
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
06:00PM
Lotus Five Star - Kiara Square Bahau, Seremban
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
11:40AM02:55PM06:10PM09:25PM
Lotus Five Star - Mahkota Parade, Malacca
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
03:00PM09:20PM
Lotus Five Star - Bukit Jambul Penang, Penang
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
Lotus Five Star - Prangin Mall, Georgetown
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
Lotus Five Star - Seri Kinta Ipoh, Ipoh
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
Lotus Five Star - Broadway JB, Johor Bahru
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
12:00PM06:00PM
Lotus Five Star - Cineplex Perling Mall, Johor Bahru
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
12:00PM12:30PM03:00PM03:30PM06:15PM06:40PM09:30PM0 9:45PM
Lotus Five Star - Plaza Tasik Skudai JB, Johor Bahru
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
02:45PM06:15PM09:45PM
Lotus Five Star - Skudai Parade, Johor Bahru
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
Lotus Five Star - IOI Mall, Kulai Jaya
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
02:45PM06:00PM09:15PM
Lotus Five Star - 1 Segamat, Segamat
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
02:00PM05:20PM08:40PM
Lotus Five Star - Kampar, Ipoh
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
11:45AM02:55PM06:05PM09:15PM
Lotus Five Star - Seri Iskandar, Bandar Seri Iskandar
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
Lotus Five Star - Kerian Sentral Mall, Parit Buntar
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
Cathay Cineplexes - City Square, Johor Bahru
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
Grand Cineplex - Village Mall, Sungai Petani
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
03:00PM06:00PM09:00PM12:00AM
Superstar Cinema - Today's Mall Ulu Tiram, Ulu Tiram
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
11:55AM01:15PM03:10PM04:30PM06:25PM07:45PM09:40PM1 1:00PM
Pawagam Sun - Rawang, Rawang
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
03:00PM06:00PM
Pawagam New Lido - Kluang, Kluang
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
One Cinemas - Spectrum Ampang, Ampang
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
12:00PM03:00PM09:15PM12:15AM
Suara Screens - Soon Seng Plaza, Malacca
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
Suara Screens - Federal, Kuala Lumpur
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
MY Cinema - Teluk Intan, Teluk Intan
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
Pandan Capital - Pandan Capital, Kuala Lumpur
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)

Anban
16th February 2015, 06:07 PM
watch this ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfk7JqAvQZ0

Distributors accepting that even Enthiran was also a loss

PARAMASHIVAN
16th February 2015, 06:22 PM
ahaa MarupadiyumA ? :sigh2:

Adox
16th February 2015, 06:31 PM
Yennai Arindhaal falls short of Kaththi ... 'I' way ahead

In our periodic analyses of the box-office collections in Chennai city, this week we look at the collections of some of the recent biggies at the end of their respective 2nd weekends, and also their show count in that particular weekend.

All the following data has been tracked by Behindwoods' in-house box-office analysis team.

Movie - 2nd weekend show count - Total collections at the end of the 2nd weekend

1. 'I' - 363 shows - 6.88 crores

2. Lingaa - 270 shows - 5.35 crores

3. Kaththi - 306 shows - 5.32 crores

4. Yennai Arindhaal - 249 shows - 4.90 crores

5. Kochadaiiyaan - 330 shows - 4.30 crores

6. VIP - 279 shows - 4.05 crores

7. Anjaan - 201 shows - 3.93 crores

8. Veeram - 276 shows - 3.92 crores

9. Jilla - 249 shows - 3.86 crores

http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-cinema-news-15/yennai-arindhaal-falls-way-short-of-i.html

Adox
16th February 2015, 06:36 PM
Blockbuster is the word now for 'I'

There was no doubt about the fact that Shankar - Vikram's 'I' was one of the biggest grossers ever in Tamil cinema history. But the film wasn't given an outright blockbuster verdict till now, due to the high investments involved for the stakeholders.

Over the past 5 weeks since the release of the movie, 'I' has been super steady in Chennai city after the initial opening blitz, despite the back to back releases of biggies such as Yennai Arindhaal and Anegan. At the end of the 5th weekend, the gross collections in the city have been estimated by Behindwoods to be around 9.57 crores and the film has been promoted to the blockbuster verdict. Initially it was given a Superhit verdict at the end of the 3rd weekend, it must be noted.

Great going team !!!

http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-cinema-news-15/blockbuster-is-the-word-now-for-i.html

SenGOEk
17th February 2015, 10:19 AM
Breaking Movies @BreakingViews4u
#YennaiArindhaal#Kerala distributors share so far - 1.75cr approx. Need atleast 3 crore to breakeven which looks unlikely now.

SenGOEk
17th February 2015, 10:26 AM
Ajay @uktamilbo
#YennaiArindhaal UK *10 days* - £145,922 (1.39cr). Currently All Time #20, under Kochadaiiyaan. Final verdict on collections : Below Average

Kumaran.P
17th February 2015, 06:20 PM
TamilBoxOffice1.com @TamilBoxOffice1 :
#YennaiArindhaal Kerala 11 days Gross :4.40Cr Nett : 3.50Cr Share :1.75Cr Bought for 2.9Cr including prints&publicity #Flop

Kumaran.P
17th February 2015, 06:22 PM
Yennai Arindhaal 11 Days Total WW Collections
Credits : Andhraboxoffice
http://andhraboxoffice.com/uploads/films/yennai-ari-ww-11dayscolls.jpg

Parthyy
17th February 2015, 06:34 PM
Trying very best...seems..great now someone will come to defend this proactiveness and will do rentrack analysis..and cry over BOAnalyst,Ramesh etc...Holycows !

Siv.S
17th February 2015, 06:47 PM
With this WOM/Ordinary date release the movie grossed ~ 80-85C :clap: :clap: :clap: great achievement :thumbsup:

thamiz
17th February 2015, 06:49 PM
Blockbuster is the word now for 'I'

There was no doubt about the fact that Shankar - Vikram's 'I' was one of the biggest grossers ever in Tamil cinema history. But the film wasn't given an outright blockbuster verdict till now, due to the high investments involved for the stakeholders.

Over the past 5 weeks since the release of the movie, 'I' has been super steady in Chennai city after the initial opening blitz, despite the back to back releases of biggies such as Yennai Arindhaal and Anegan. At the end of the 5th weekend, the gross collections in the city have been estimated by Behindwoods to be around 9.57 crores and the film has been promoted to the blockbuster verdict. Initially it was given a Superhit verdict at the end of the 3rd weekend, it must be noted.

Great going team !!!

http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-cinema-news-15/blockbuster-is-the-word-now-for-i.html

I is a blockbuster? That's a joke! For its production budget and the collection -7.6 crores after tax deduction, it cantbe called a BB. Behind woods "made" I to become a BB! :lol:

Siv.S
17th February 2015, 06:55 PM
^^ Neenga vera Anegan is a blockbuster after its third show itself, Dhanush-ye sollittar.

maniram_1234
18th February 2015, 06:28 PM
I is a blockbuster? That's a joke! For its production budget and the collection -7.6 crores after tax deduction, it cantbe called a BB. Behind woods "made" I to become a BB! :lol:
i budget is not openli said

Mahen
18th February 2015, 07:31 PM
running successfully in Malaysia... SATYA DEV ROCKS!!

Yennai Arindhaal

Sathyadev is a police officer who is very dedicated to his job, putting his work first before anything else. He would risk his life just to keep his city safe for the citizens. But above all, Sathya is committed to the mission of hunting down the murderer of his fiancee.

Language: Tamil
Classification: P13
General Release Date: 05 Feb 2015
Genre: Thriller / Drama
Running Time: 2 Hours 56 Minutes
Distributor: LOTUS FIVE STAR
Cast: Ajith Kumar, Anushka Shetty, Trisha Krishnan, Arun Vijay
Director: Gautham Menon
Format: 2D

[Review] [Showtimes] [Malay Synopsis]
Showtimes
Date:
GSC - Mid Valley, Kuala Lumpur
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
02:20PM05:40PM09:00PM
GSC - Tropicana City, Petaling Jaya
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
11:30AM01:40PM05:00PM08:20PM11:40PM
GSC - Paradigm Mall, Petaling Jaya
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
12:30PM04:00PM08:00PM11:20PM
GSC - Setia City Mall, Shah Alam
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
12:20PM03:30PM06:45PM10:25PM
GSC - Berjaya Times Square, Kuala Lumpur
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
11:15AM02:30PM05:45PM09:00PM12:15AM
GSC - Summit USJ, Petaling Jaya
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
11:30AM02:40PM05:50PM08:55PM
GSC - IOI Mall, Puchong
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
01:50PM05:10PM08:30PM10:50PM11:50PM
GSC - Amanjaya Mall, Sungai Petani
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
11:45AM02:50PM09:15PM
GSC - Gurney Plaza, Georgetown
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
02:50PM06:00PM09:10PM
GSC - Sunway Carnival, Prai
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
12:00PM03:40PM07:00PM
GSC - Terminal 1, Seremban
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
11:40AM02:50PM06:00PM09:10PM10:00PM
GSC - AEON Bandaraya Melaka, Malacca
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
11:15AM05:00PM08:20PM11:30PM
GSC - Berjaya Megamall, Kuantan
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
12:00PM03:10PM06:20PM08:20PM09:30PM
GSC - Mentakab Star Mall, Mentakab
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
12:15PM03:40PM07:00PM10:20PM
GSC - Quill City Mall, Kuala Lumpur
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
11:20AM02:30PM05:40PM08:50PM12:00AM
GSC - Nu Sentral, Kuala Lumpur
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
12:00PM03:30PM07:00PM
GSC - New Ipoh Parade, Ipoh
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
11:15AM02:40PM06:00PM09:15PM12:30AM
GSC - Palm Mall, Seremban
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
11:50AM04:00PM08:00PM
TGV Cinemas - Suria KLCC, Kuala Lumpur
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
11:55AM03:30PM07:00PM10:30PM
TGV Cinemas - Sunway Pyramid, Petaling Jaya
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
01:30PM10:15PM
TGV Cinemas - Kepong, Kuala Lumpur
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
TGV Cinemas - Cheras Selatan, Kuala Lumpur
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
11:00AM03:00PM09:00PM
TGV Cinemas - Setia Walk, Puchong
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
TGV Cinemas - Rawang, Rawang
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
12:05PM03:30PM07:00PM10:30PM
TGV Cinemas - Bukit Tinggi, Klang
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
11:30AM03:00PM06:30PM10:00PM
TGV Cinemas - Seremban 2 Shopping Centre, Seremban
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
TGV Cinemas - Kinta City, Ipoh
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
11:30AM03:00PM06:30PM
TGV Cinemas - AEON Bukit Mertajam, Bukit Mertajam
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
TGV Cinemas - AEON Seri Manjung, Seri Manjung
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
TGV Cinemas - Gurney Paragon Mall, Penang
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
TGV Cinemas - Cheras Sentral, Cheras
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
TGV Cinemas - Encorp Strand, Petaling Jaya
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
MBO - Galaxy Cineplex, Kuala Lumpur
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
10:55AM02:15PM05:40PM09:10PM
MBO - Brem Mall, Kuala Lumpur
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
10:40AM11:45AM02:00PM03:05PM05:20PM06:25PM08:40PM0 9:45PM
MBO - Kulim Landmark Central, Kulim
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
11:30AM02:50PM06:10PM09:30PM
MBO - Taiping Sentral, Taiping
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
11:00AM02:20PM05:40PM09:00PM09:55PM
MBO - Sitiawan, Sitiawan
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
11:00AM02:15PM05:30PM08:45PM
MBO - Teluk Intan, Teluk Intan
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
03:00PM
MBO - Citta Mall, Petaling Jaya
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
10:30AM12:30PM01:45PM03:45PM04:55PM07:00PM08:05PM1 0:15PM11:15PM
MBO - Space U8 Mall, Shah Alam
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
11:30AM12:15PM02:35PM03:20PM05:40PM06:25PM08:45PM0 9:30PM
MBO - Kluang Mall, Kluang
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
11:00AM02:20PM05:40PM09:00PM
MBO - Harbour Place, Klang
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
11:15AM11:45AM02:25PM02:55PM05:35PM06:05PM08:45PM0 9:15PM
MBO - Melaka Mall, Malacca
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
10:30AM12:50PM01:50PM04:05PM05:10PM08:30PM09:50PM
MBO - Terminal 2 Seremban, Seremban
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
11:00AM11:45AM02:20PM03:05PM05:40PM06:25PM09:00PM0 9:45PM
MBO - Square One, Batu Pahat
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
11:00AM02:20PM05:40PM09:00PM12:25AM
MBO - Heritage Mall, Kota Tinggi
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
12:00PM03:20PM06:35PM10:00PM
Lotus Five Star - Capitol Selayang, Batu Caves
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
Lotus Five Star - Sentul Cineplex, Kuala Lumpur
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
Lotus Five Star - Coliseum Cineplex, Kuala Lumpur
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
Lotus Five Star - Metro Plaza Kajang, Kajang
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
06:00PM09:30PM
Lotus Five Star - State Cineplex PJ, Petaling Jaya
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
Lotus Five Star - Shaw Centrepoint, Klang
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
Lotus Five Star - 1 Plaza Kuala Selangor, Kuala Selangor
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
Lotus Five Star - KM Plaza, Seremban
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
Lotus Five Star - Kiara Square Bahau, Seremban
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
11:40AM02:55PM06:10PM09:25PM
Lotus Five Star - Mahkota Parade, Malacca
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
03:00PM09:20PM
Lotus Five Star - Bukit Jambul Penang, Penang
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
Lotus Five Star - Prangin Mall, Georgetown
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
Lotus Five Star - Seri Kinta Ipoh, Ipoh
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
Lotus Five Star - Broadway JB, Johor Bahru
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
12:00PM06:00PM
Lotus Five Star - Cineplex Perling Mall, Johor Bahru
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
12:00PM12:30PM03:00PM03:30PM06:15PM06:40PM09:30PM0 9:45PM
Lotus Five Star - Plaza Tasik Skudai JB, Johor Bahru
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
02:45PM06:15PM09:45PM
Lotus Five Star - Skudai Parade, Johor Bahru
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
Lotus Five Star - IOI Mall, Kulai Jaya
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
Lotus Five Star - 1 Segamat, Segamat
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
02:00PM05:20PM08:40PM
Lotus Five Star - Kampar, Ipoh
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
11:45AM02:55PM06:05PM09:15PM
Lotus Five Star - Seri Iskandar, Bandar Seri Iskandar
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
Lotus Five Star - Kerian Sentral Mall, Parit Buntar
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
Cathay Cineplexes - City Square, Johor Bahru
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
Grand Cineplex - Village Mall, Sungai Petani
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
03:00PM06:00PM09:00PM12:00AM
Superstar Cinema - Today's Mall Ulu Tiram, Ulu Tiram
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
11:55AM01:15PM03:10PM04:30PM06:25PM07:45PM09:40PM1 1:00PM
Pawagam Sun - Rawang, Rawang
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
03:00PM06:00PM
Pawagam New Lido - Kluang, Kluang
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
One Cinemas - Spectrum Ampang, Ampang
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
12:00PM03:00PM09:15PM12:15AM
Suara Screens - Soon Seng Plaza, Malacca
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
Suara Screens - Federal, Kuala Lumpur
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
MY Cinema - Teluk Intan, Teluk Intan
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)
Pandan Capital - Pandan Capital, Kuala Lumpur
Yennai Arindhaal (P13)

sorry to burst the bubble..tomorrow onwards total theaters reduced by 60-70%..wanted to watch again at gsc tomorrow but no more :mad: anyway not surprising..it happens for other big films as well..in malaysia 1st week collection = 80% of total collection

ALWAR_AJITH
19th February 2015, 06:48 PM
sorry to burst the bubble..tomorrow onwards total theaters reduced by 60-70%..wanted to watch again at gsc tomorrow but no more :mad: anyway not surprising..it happens for other big films as well..in malaysia 1st week collection = 80% of total collection

ye bro , lot of Chinese movies due to Chinese new year ...but its still running at some LFS cinemas..

Pras
19th February 2015, 06:56 PM
i budget is not openli said

shanker said it is under 100C in an interview ... so for producer and team, it's a BB ... as far as viewers are concerned its a BB ... maybe 1 or 2 distributor(s) didn't get the invested money back (not proved, but ...)
but you know how our hub analysts and distributors well wishers are ? ... it's average to flop ... all distributors didn't benefit you know ... what not proved ? NO they didn't get benefit, dot !!!

venkkiram
3rd March 2015, 09:35 AM
Twitter:

#Lingaa Negotiation Rounds:

Round 1: Distrs 33 Crs Prod: 3 Crs

Round 2: Distrs 24 Crs Prod: 7 Crs

Round 3: Distrs 16.5 Crs Prod: 10 Crs

VinodKumar's
3rd March 2015, 01:21 PM
Enna Venki election result maari solluringa :lol:.

venkkiram
3rd March 2015, 08:20 PM
That's how it's mentioned in Twitter Vinod. Anyway, this is how any normal kattappanjayathu would happen right? Iterations of meetings.. will dilute the demands.

ajaybaskar
3rd March 2015, 08:40 PM
Standard negotiation technique :)

Avadi to America
4th March 2015, 05:04 AM
Distributors do know if they want 10C they cannot start at 10C....Negotiation101

Nasc
4th March 2015, 09:06 AM
ivanga pandratha partha thirudanukku thel kadicha maari irukum polaye ...unmeleye evlo ku thaan vithanga

ivanga padam release munadi..ivlo sales avlo sales nu eduthu vida..atha Mr Singaravelan use panni goal pottukitta maari irukey.

SenGOEk
7th March 2015, 01:01 PM
Yennai arindhaal - 100 crore box office collection report is fake

http://m.ibtimes.co.in/yennai-arindhaal-100-crore-box-office-collection-report-fake-625283

SenGOEk
7th March 2015, 11:10 PM
Top 10 all time overseas box office

http://www.tamilboxoffice1.com/2011/11/top-10-all-time-overseas-box-office.html?m=1

Arragesh
7th March 2015, 11:27 PM
Point and source noted

rachel
8th March 2015, 04:49 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU3a_jkBdUI&app=desktop

Pras
9th March 2015, 03:05 AM
deleted

Nasc
9th March 2015, 10:39 AM

http://www.tamilboxoffice1.com/2011/11/top-10-all-time-overseas-box-office.html?m=1

admins' can you please delete these type of bullshit links.. which are self made - some random fan made domain urls...referencing hyper links from blogs - author as below . do not want to get to details..but using common forums like this and underestimating the collective intelligence of this forum has to stop.

-----------------------------------------------

Blogger Template Style

Name: MXfluity

Date: 03/30/1013

Updated by: satankMKR/Makmur

URL1: http://www.ivythemes.com

URL2: http://mkr-site.blogspot.com

Licence : Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

<link href='http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-1xxwzkpsoGE/VOqc7oAfK1I/AAAAAAAACRg/_UH8bN7KB3g/s1600/Top10Overseas.jpg' rel='image_src'/>

SenGOEk
14th March 2015, 07:44 PM
Chennai City Box Office Comparison

Kaththi vs I vs YennaiArindhaal vs Lingaa

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CAD7KrjUIAA9AJY.jpg

Box-office is one of the people’s most favorite sections or at least to ardent film fans who are attracted to the number games. This data is considering only the theaters which fall under the Chennai City limits. And the final verdict for a film is given based on its collection, its production budget, its distribution rights and the way it sustains after the initial opening buzz.

Total gross collection in Chennai city till the 5th weekend

Kaththi - 7,72,85,553 INR - Blockbuster
Lingaa - 6,74,70,165 INR - Above Average
I - 9,56,83,173 INR - Blockbuster
Yennai Arindhaal - 5,96,18,529 INR - Above Average

http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies/slideshow/blockbuster-batitle-royale/chennai-city-box-office-total-gross-collection-till-the-5th-weekend.html

maniram_1234
25th March 2015, 02:49 PM
http://www.moviecrow.com/News/7618/tamil-actors-salary-in-2015

rachel
26th March 2015, 11:25 AM
http://cinema.dinamalar.com/tamil-news/29228/cinema/Kollywood/Yennai-Arindhaal-crossed-50-days.htm

rachel
26th March 2015, 11:26 AM
http://www.moviecrow.com/News/7618/tamil-actors-salary-in-2015

ajith should be given 35 crores as his salary ..

Freedom
26th March 2015, 08:33 PM

tamilboxoffice1 is very genuine :lol2:

Like we all don't know what numbers were reported for Jilla.

Pras
27th March 2015, 12:33 AM
tamilboxoffice1 is very genuine :lol2:

Like we all don't know what numbers were reported for Jilla.

they put I at second position ... athu pothum ... i am tamilboxoffice1 believer :D

A.ANAND
27th March 2015, 02:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU3a_jkBdUI#t=76

maniram_1234
27th March 2015, 06:09 PM
ajith should be given 35 crores as his salary ..
more than kamal haasana

maniram_1234
4th April 2015, 04:11 PM
more than kamal haasana

http://www.moviecrow.com/News/7765/first-quarter-2015-tamil-movies-report

only 4 hits so far

balaajee
7th April 2015, 11:28 AM
சென்னை பாக்ஸ் ஆபிஸ் - முதலிடத்தில் கொம்பன் - Webulagam

1. கொம்பன் முதலிடத்தில் கொம்பன். படத்துக்கு தடை நீங்கியதும் ஒன்றாம் தேதி ஆறு மணி காட்சி திரையிடப்பட்டது. அறிவிப்பில்லாமல் வெளியிட்டும் படத்துக்கு நல்ல கூட்டம். வெள்ளி சனி ஞாயிறில் படத்தின் வசூல் 76.78 லட்சங்கள். ஞாயிறுவரை 1.15 கோடி.

balaajee
21st April 2015, 12:10 PM
சென்னை பாக்ஸ் ஆபிஸ் - கண்மணியை பின்னுக்கு தள்ளிய காஞ்சனா - Webulagam

1. காஞ்சனா 2லாரன்சின் பேய்ப் படம் இந்த வாரம் முதலிடத்தைப் பிடித்துள்ளது. சென்ற வாரம் வெளியான படம் முதல் மூன்று தினங்களில் 1.31 கோடியை வசூலித்துள்ளது. கொம்பனைவிட நல்ல வசூல்.

2. ஓ காதல் கண்மணி மணிரத்னத்தின் ஓ காதல் கண்மணி கடந்த வெள்ளி வெளியானது. முதல் மூன்று தினங்களில் இதன் வசூல் 84.6 லட்சங்கள்.

PARAMASHIVAN
21st April 2015, 04:48 PM

If this is Accurate, 65 year old thaatha seems to be ruling Overseas BO !!!

vithagan
12th May 2015, 04:35 PM
For those who doesn't care about Chennai Box office.. please ignore!!!

Uthhma Villain

Week : 2
Total collections in Chennai : Rs. 2,44,64,694 + add 60 lakhs for first day loss
Chennai city verdict: Grand Opening
No. Shows in Chennai (Weekend): 183
Collection in Chennai (Weekend): Rs. 81,94,800
No. Shows in Chennai (Weekdays): 316
Collection in Chennai (Weekdays): Rs. 77,30,380

Kakki Sattai

Total collections in Chennai : Rs. 3,23,61,434
Chennai city verdict: Very Good Opening
No. Shows in Chennai (Weekend): 234
Collection in Chennai (Weekend): Rs. 88,58,766
No. Shows in Chennai (Weekdays): 360
Collection in Chennai (Weekdays): Rs. 83,02,680

Lingaa

Total collections in Chennai : Rs. 5,34,98,496
Verdict: Grand Opening
No. Shows in Chennai (Weekend): 270
Average Theatre Occupancy (Weekend): 85%
Collection in Chennai (Weekend): Rs. 1,13,80,624
No. Shows in Chennai (Weekdays): 700
Average Theatre Occupancy (Weekdays): 55%
Collection in Chennai (Weekdays): Rs. 1,61,61,508

Raajjaa
12th May 2015, 05:34 PM
4 வருஷம் கழித்து படம் நடித்தும், அனுஷ்கா,சோனாக்ஷி,சந்தானம்,ரஹ்மான் இருந்தும் லிங்கா படம் ONE MAN SHOW விஸ்வரூபம் அளவுக்கு கூட போகலியே. ஐயோ பாவம் ரஜினி.

VISHWAROOPAM - WEEK : 2 RANKING : 1
Feb 11th 2013 to Feb 17th 2013
No. Shows in Chennai (Weekend) : 573
Ave Theatre occupancy (weekend) : 92%
Collection in Chennai (Weekend) : Rs. 1,89,11,145
No. Shows in Chennai (Weekdays) : 712
Ave Theatre occupancy (Weekdays) : 80%
Collection in Chennai (Weekdays) : Rs. 2,22,07,616

Kamal’s spy thriller has kept all the controversies at bay and is going great guns after its release. Neatly written, directed and performed, Vishwaroopam weaves together terrorism and its effect into its narrative fabric quite successfully.
Trade Talk :

The good opening is paving way to sustained good collections. Halls reported near-full attendance even in the second week of its release.

Saai
12th May 2015, 06:06 PM
For those who doesn't care about Chennai Box office.. please ignore!!!

Uthhma Villain

Total collections in Chennai : Rs. 2,44,64,694 + add 60 lakhs for first day loss
Chennai city verdict: Grand Opening
No. Shows in Chennai (Weekend): 183
Collection in Chennai (Weekend): Rs. 81,94,800
No. Shows in Chennai (Weekdays): 316
Collection in Chennai (Weekdays): Rs. 77,30,380

Buthisali...day 1 wash out and day 2 started only in the evening - its a clear two day loss and who gave that 60 lakhs calc?

It has just run 1 week in terms of weekend and this after thousands sent home after getting tickets, many asked to watch another movie and a slow paced emotional movie without any masala elements - for just one name - Kamal Haasan.

Had someone else gave this movie and faced the initial release issues that movie would had been a wash out straight away. This movie still holds for that name

vithagan
12th May 2015, 07:16 PM
Buthisali...day 1 wash out and day 2 started only in the evening - its a clear two day loss and who gave that 60 lakhs calc?

It has just run 1 week in terms of weekend and this after thousands sent home after getting tickets, many asked to watch another movie and a slow paced emotional movie without any masala elements - for just one name - Kamal Haasan.

Had someone else gave this movie and faced the initial release issues that movie would had been a wash out straight away. This movie still holds for that name

Saring Arivaali..

Anban
12th May 2015, 09:02 PM
enna vithagan, Rajini wig vaikkaama nadichaa, evvalavu BO collection varum .. just oru doubt ..

masala padam eduthaa inge Siva Karthikeyan-kku kooda koottam varuthu ..

thamiz
13th May 2015, 12:39 AM
I think KH movies BO performance is unimportant especially when his movie is not doing so well. We should not talk about BO performance in this thread. We should rather talk about his great acting performance here too!

thamiz
13th May 2015, 12:41 AM
enna vithagan, Rajini wig vaikkaama nadichaa, evvalavu BO collection varum .. just oru doubt ..

People enjoyed a bald Rajini in Sivaji the boss! Oops, in Sivaji the loss! :lol:

thamiz
13th May 2015, 12:43 AM
I checked out Bollywoodhungama for latest overseas BO update. I am afraid of giving that data here as it will make many people upset despite the fact that this thread is meant for BO performance of a movie! :)

Adox
13th May 2015, 12:50 AM
I checked out Bollywoodhungama for latest overseas BO update. I am afraid of giving that data here as it will make many people upset despite the fact that this thread is meant for BO performance of a movie! :)

Not sure about your intent but this thread is for box office numbers good or bad. Most overseas numbers have already been posted in UV thread .. but you can post it here if you want to.

omega
13th May 2015, 04:09 AM

Arumai, arumai!!
Music Director, Director, Heroine, Comedian, Lyrics writer poyi ippa WIG...
Wow!! Great!!
This "Talentless Lucky Star" must be really blessed...

thamiz
13th May 2015, 05:32 AM
Weekend: 8 - 10 May, 2015

United States of America

Rank Movie Weekend Weekend Gross ($) Screens Total Gross ($) Total Gross (INR)
14 Piku 1 787,376 118 787,376 5.03 crores
33 Gabbar Is Back 2 80,428 79 361,231 2.30 crores
41 Uttama Villain (Tamil) 2 52,911 60 563,889 3.60 crores
69 O Kadhal Kanmani (Tamil) 4 8,583 10 859,925 5.49 crores
78 Uttama Villain (Telugu) 2 6,655 13 55,191 35.28 lacs
84 OK Bangaram (Telugu) 4 5,086 7 365,735 2.33 crores

----------------------

Canada

Rank Movie Weekend Weekend Gross (US$) Screens Total Gross (US$) Total Gross (INR)
22 Gabbar Is Back 2 29,277 13 129,154 82.56 lacs
26 Uttama Villain (Tamil) 2 16,833 11 79,505 50.81 lacs

----------------

United Kingdom and Ireland

Rank Movie Weekend Weekend Gross (£) Screens Total Gross (£) Total Gross (INR)
11 Piku 1 110,694 36 110,694 1.08 crores
22 Gabbar Is Back 2 26,866 39 199,699 1.96 crores
31 Uttama Villain (Tamil) 2 11,409 16 98,932 97.26 lacs
60 O Kadhal Kanmani (Tamil) 4 2,169 3 107,962 1.06 crores

-----------------

Malaysia

Rank Movie Weekend Weekend Gross (MYR) Screens Total Gross (MYR) Total Gross (INR)
13 Uttama Villain (Tamil) 2 87,502 25 739,013 1.31 crores
16 Kanchana 2 (Tamil) 4 28,077 5 1,524,360 2.70 crores
17 Piku 1 26,313 2 26,313 4.67 lacs
19 Gabbar Is Back 2 6,149 1 37,697 6.70 lacs

maniram_1234
13th May 2015, 08:27 AM
We should not blame the audience for less collection of the movie just accept the fact and move on lingaa kuda masala movie tha y people didnt accept it ipo ela trend mari pochu expecting papanasam to give kamal huge succss i can see kamal in 1990s in the film vetti bikeu kaila oru bagu expecting lot

A.ANAND
13th May 2015, 10:35 AM
O Kadhal Kanmani 4th Weekend Collection in Overseas

http://www.glintcinemas.com/2015/05/o-kadhal-kanmani-4th-weekend-collection-in-overseas.html

Raajjaa
13th May 2015, 12:59 PM
I think KH movies BO performance is unimportant especially when his movie is not doing so well. We should not talk about BO performance in this thread. We should rather talk about his great acting performance here too!

எந்திரன் ஹிந்தியில் ஐஸ்வர்யாவுக்காக ஓரளவு ஓடியது. தனக்காகத்தான் ஓடுச்சுனு நினைசிட்டு கோச்சடையானையும்,லிங்காவையும் ரிலீஸ் பண்ணினார்.முதல் ஷோவிலேயே படம் disaster-னு அறிவிச்சுட்டானுங்க.
இது தேவையா ரஜினிக்கு?

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
13th May 2015, 01:23 PM
In India, enthiran hindi collections got squashed by Viswaroopam hindi, just in a week or two!! Had kamal released roopam hindi in overseas that too wud hav created some record. Just that he sothappified by not releasing it at all. And UV(tamil) too didnt release in North pockets which leads to loosing a good chunk of BO.

And VR Tamil broke the then thuppaakki collections which was no. at that time, in US, just in 3 days.

This after ppl knowing Kamal will experiment a lot and will always not play to gallery. Just see what happens if kamal takes commercial avatar like Viswaroopam!

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
13th May 2015, 01:32 PM
Lingaa Koch flopped so badly that the makers were unable to repay the oans so that banks openly issued notices in newspapers. not just once but thrice. And a unknown smalltime distributor was able to unite all affected distributors to conduct begging protest to force-settle the losses. And he succeeded to too in making the actor to settle his share of losses, using that begging protest.

when singaravelan announced begging protest for 1st time, rajni & co did various tactics to divert that. but later, signaravelan announced begging protest will happen for sure inspite of any legal consequences, rajni & o had no option other than to settle the one third of losses

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
13th May 2015, 01:39 PM

Seems true. The point is not all can become sivakarthikeyan. remember the loads of vaarisu nadigars who cudnt sustain inspite of loads of background support. the likes of arun vijay, jeeva, bagyaraj's son etc... So if some basics are met then anybody can become a star and sivakarthikeyan is perfect example for that. See below, his last film collections used to settle linga loss in kerala

Russellmvr
13th May 2015, 02:40 PM
Vishwaroopm 220C...

Its a great insult to the movie, if we compared with Rajni Vijay collection... Lets focus and compare with Hollywood collections.

Saai
13th May 2015, 02:57 PM

When you can talk about the acting talent of Rajni in his thread - whatever that means (whole India laughs at him), there is no problem in talking about BO of KH latest movie which is more relevant considering his BO track record.

Rajni's only relevance in the industry is giving made-only-for BO movies. Now that his movies are bombing at BO, I am not sure how he is relevant.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
13th May 2015, 03:07 PM
Not just 1 but 4 flops. Shall we say without any doubt, rajni was able to successfully give industry's for biggest flops ever, post 2K?!? ;-)

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
13th May 2015, 03:08 PM
http://www.rediff.com/movies/slide-show/slide-show-1-rajinikanths-10-biggest-flops/20140528.htm

Rajnikanth's 10 biggest Flops. And this don't have Linga which is 11th!

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
13th May 2015, 03:25 PM
Rajni and other stars never never will dare to do an experimental film like UV/AnbeSivam/Heyraam. And ONLY kamal can make a film like UV succeed to this extent!

Leave experimenting, just giving a flop itself will prove disastrous. Proven by chandramuki opening.

omega
13th May 2015, 03:59 PM
Inspite of "Talentless lucky star's" continous flops for so long I wonder why every producer wants to make a movie with him.
The same Singaravelan & Cos' gets in line to pump money distributing his movies.....

Lucky lucky lucky lucky.........

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
13th May 2015, 04:16 PM
Any commercial star incl sivakarthikeyan will hav someone asking a chance to produce his movies.. whats so gr8 in such a basic thing?!? Read a vikatan article that said rajni is planning to do multiple movies since he has to settle some corporate company, huge sums (Eros?!)

PARAMASHIVAN
13th May 2015, 04:27 PM
Inspite of "Talentless lucky star's" continous flops for so long I wonder why every producer wants to make a movie with him.
The same Singaravelan & Cos' gets in line to pump money distributing his movies.....

Lucky lucky lucky lucky.........

because they are "talent less " as well .. :lol2: , remember even sivakarthikeyan is a bigger star

vithagan
13th May 2015, 04:32 PM
Compare Disaster flop Linga's BO number with classic UV and provide your justification(Trendy MD, masala, wig nu sappa kattu kattama oru vilakkam kudukavum)..
Adha vittuttu Viswaroopam ivlo collect pannuchu.. 20 varusuthakku munnadi flop aana rajini pada list..

KH acting'a inga yaarum korai sollala.. avar efforts yaarum korai sollalla..Experimental padam Kamalaala mattum dhaan edukka mudiyum.. Thalaivare othukitaaru thats why he opted for a different route.. summa rajini masala padathula mattum dhaan nadipaarnu again oru sappa kattu..

kochadaiyaan listla serkareenga.. aduvum oru experiment padam dhaan sir.. andha padam collect panna alavu kooda UV collect pannalai.. idha vida.... ennatha solla.. :)

Chikatiloan
13th May 2015, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by thamiz

Not sure about your intent but this thread is for box office numbers good or bad. Most overseas numbers have already been posted in UV thread .. but you can post it here if you want to.

Box office na box office pathi mattum pesanum but intentionally trying to pull any star down will make these kind of debates.
By looking at this in few threads the original poster seems to be doing this with intent so that kamal-rajni fans fight..trigger panni vittu oramma vedikkai paakuraanga pola..

PARAMASHIVAN
13th May 2015, 04:44 PM
KH acting'a inga yaarum korai sollala.. avar efforts yaarum korai sollalla..Experimental padam Kamalaala mattum dhaan edukka mudiyum..

Exactly !

vithagan
13th May 2015, 04:53 PM
In India, enthiran hindi collections got squashed by Viswaroopam hindi, just in a week or two!! Had kamal released roopam hindi in overseas that too wud hav created some record. Just that he sothappified by not releasing it at all. And UV(tamil) too didnt release in North pockets which leads to loosing a good chunk of BO.

And VR Tamil broke the then thuppaakki collections which was no. at that time, in US, just in 3 days.

This after ppl knowing Kamal will experiment a lot and will always not play to gallery. Just see what happens if kamal takes commercial avatar like Viswaroopam!

Avlo potential ulla viswaroopam 2 yen sir pottila thoongikittu irukku??

Chikatiloan
13th May 2015, 04:55 PM
Avlo potential ulla viswaroopam 2 yen sir pottila thoongikittu irukku??

Everyone knows Aascar is the producer and he is in big trouble now..

Poornima
13th May 2015, 05:05 PM
Seems true. The point is not all can become sivakarthikeyan. remember the loads of vaarisu nadigars who cudnt sustain inspite of loads of background support. the likes of arun vijay, jeeva, bagyaraj's son etc... So if some basics are met then anybody can become a star and sivakarthikeyan is perfect example for that. See below, his last film collections used to settle linga loss in kerala

seems true.

KeralaBoxoffice
‏@KeralaBO1

As #Uttamavillain becoming disaster in Kerala dstbtrs asked for Compensation ! Either to reduce rights or to gave thm Rajnimurugan ri8s !

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
13th May 2015, 05:32 PM
seems true.

KeralaBoxoffice
‏@KeralaBO1

As #Uttamavillain becoming disaster in Kerala dstbtrs asked for Compensation ! Either to reduce rights or to gave thm Rajnimurugan ri8s !

Yes. this is the example to say that kamal rajni times are fading. both of them are in their very last last segment of their career. Atleast UV is not having much cmmercial aspects. Not even a regular cinema villain, fights. Linga is a pukka commercially planned movie. alas, even that fopped so that sivakarthikeyan movie BO was needed to rescue to an extent

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
13th May 2015, 05:38 PM
Compare Disaster flop Linga's BO number with classic UV and provide your justification(Trendy MD, masala, wig nu sappa kattu kattama oru vilakkam kudukavum)..
Adha vittuttu Viswaroopam ivlo collect pannuchu.. 20 varusuthakku munnadi flop aana rajini pada list..

KH acting'a inga yaarum korai sollala.. avar efforts yaarum korai sollalla..Experimental padam Kamalaala mattum dhaan edukka mudiyum.. Thalaivare othukitaaru thats why he opted for a different route.. summa rajini masala padathula mattum dhaan nadipaarnu again oru sappa kattu..

kochadaiyaan listla serkareenga.. aduvum oru experiment padam dhaan sir.. andha padam collect panna alavu kooda UV collect pannalai.. idha vida.... ennatha solla.. :)

Nobody blamed rajni's intention of doing ONLY commercial plots and not attempting anything credible art stuff. But even in that way he has given 4 industry's biggest flops in post 2K.

And taking ur points that linga and Koch(?????) made more money, i have few questions here. If it made more money then why ppl claim loss?? and even in that settlement he cudnt settle full. only one third he settled. and why the makers are not able to settle the bank loan and the banks openly publish ads in papers that his lands are for sale?! not once but thrice.

so even if u say it made more money(which i doubt) what help it did for the makers? in the end, ppl call all the 4 films as flop movies only and UV is an average grosser not flop.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
13th May 2015, 05:40 PM
http://www.newindianexpress.com/thesundaystandard/Jokes-Apart-Debtors-Trash-Rajinis-Market-Value/2015/03/29/article2735323.ece

Jokes Apart, Debtors Trash Rajini's Market Value
According to Eros International’s former COO Kamal Jain, a Rajinikanth film is no longer a safe bet.

“I am still not over the loss that Lingaa caused. In a situation like this, how can we be expected to buy Rajini’s film for the prices that we doled out last year? He will have to be more realistic when doing business for his next film,” said a theatre owner in the city’s suburbs, a man who has been a self-confessed Rajini fan for 27 years.

“The movie was so bad that by the third show people who had paid for tickets had refused to show up. It was embarrassing for an actor of his stature,” said T Raja, who owns a chain of theatres in Salem.

Raajjaa
13th May 2015, 05:43 PM
ஹே ராம், அன்பே சிவம், உன்னைபோல் ஒருவன்,விஸ்வ ரூபம்,உத்தம வில்லன் எல்லமே பரிச்சார்த படங்கள் தான்.எந்த பெரிய நடிகரும் இதைப் போல் முயற்சி செய்ய வில்லை. ஆனால் ரஜினியின் லிங்கா பக்கா மசாலா படம். 10 படையப்பாவிற்கு சமம் என்று விற்பனை செய்தார்கள். என்ன ஆச்சு?

Adox
13th May 2015, 05:43 PM
We should not blame the audience for less collection of the movie just accept the fact and move on lingaa kuda masala movie tha y people didnt accept it ipo ela trend mari pochu expecting papanasam to give kamal huge succss i can see kamal in 1990s in the film vetti bikeu kaila oru bagu expecting lot

I'm hoping as well that Papanasam will be big. I can sense its popularity growing. UV's boxoffice may not be setting any records but its on expected lines. I'm glad its as popular as it is today with good deal of critical acclaim. Thats what KH strives for anyway ...

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
13th May 2015, 05:48 PM

http://www.newindianexpress.com/thesundaystandard/Jokes-Apart-Debtors-Trash-Rajinis-Market-Value/2015/03/29/article2735323.ece

After five delays, the film finally released. It was panned universally and sunk without a trace.

At Rs 125 crore (the budget as revealed by Mediaone’s Director Dr Murali Manohar), it turned out to be an expensive experiment from the Rajini stable. In the six months that followed, four of the cheques paid to Nahar allegedly bounced, giving him the incentive to go public.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
13th May 2015, 05:53 PM
ஹே ராம், அன்பே சிவம், உன்னைபோல் ஒருவன்,விஸ்வ ரூபம்,உத்தம வில்லன் எல்லமே பரிச்சார்த படங்கள் தான்.எந்த பெரிய நடிகரும் இதைப் போல் முயற்சி செய்ய வில்லை. ஆனால் ரஜினியின் லிங்கா பக்கா மசாலா படம். 10 படையப்பாவிற்கு சமம் என்று விற்பனை செய்தார்கள். என்ன ஆச்சு?

See the chandramuki news i posted. After Baba flopped, ppl almost had lost hopes on rajni, so that the opening 3 days had no crowd. Not by me but according to Vendhar movies Siva. after seeing this, which hero will dare and attempt to experiment?! But still Kamal does. And he does that even after knowing that his marked will either wont grow and go low. And above all, he is able to make a comercially nil UttamaVillain as average grosser and create content such that it gets 90% positive reviews, unlike linga or koch. and also doing film in less budget and selling it for reasonable price, without any greed, will not affect any ppl involved in business.

Whereas linga created huge loss not just for buyers but even to his ardent fans -> http://www.newindianexpress.com/states/tamil_nadu/Fans-Torn-Between-Love-for-Rajini-And-Ticket-Money-Over-Lingaa-Flop/2015/02/20/article2677437.ece

Raajjaa
13th May 2015, 06:12 PM
Vishwaroopm 220C...

Its a great insult to the movie, if we compared with Rajni Vijay collection... Lets focus and compare with Hollywood collections.

நீ ஏம்பா இடையில காமெடி பண்ணிட்டு?

thamiz
13th May 2015, 06:13 PM
See the chandramuki news i posted. After Baba flopped, ppl almost had lost hopes on rajni, so that the opening 3 days had no crowd. Not by me but according to Vendhar movies Siva. after seeing this, which hero will dare and attempt to experiment?! But still Kamal does. And he does that even after knowing that his marked will either wont grow and go low. And above all, he is able to make a comercially nil UttamaVillain as average grosser and create content such that it gets 90% positive reviews, unlike linga or koch. and also doing film in less budget and selling it for reasonable price, without any greed, will not affect any ppl involved in business.

Whereas linga created huge loss not just for buyers but even to his ardent fans -> http://www.newindianexpress.com/states/tamil_nadu/Fans-Torn-Between-Love-for-Rajini-And-Ticket-Money-Over-Lingaa-Flop/2015/02/20/article2677437.ece

Lingaa caused losses even for fans?! Are you serious? It is ticklish! :lol:

Raajjaa
13th May 2015, 06:15 PM
2010-ல் வெளிவந்த சில படங்களின் collection.

1.Manmathan Ambu.

No. Weeks Completed: 3
No. Shows in Chennai over this weekend: 54
Average Theatre Occupancy over this weekend: 68%
Collection over this weekend in Chennai: Rs. 5,50,476
Total collections in Chennai: Rs. 4.57 Crore

Verdict: Average

2.ASAL

Release Date: 05-02-2010

Chennai Box Office Total Collection: Rs. 2.35 crores

No Weeks: 4

3.SURA

Release Date: 30-04-2010

Chennai Box Office Total Collection: Rs. 3.32 crores

No Weeks: 4

thamiz
13th May 2015, 06:17 PM
seems true.

KeralaBoxoffice
‏@KeralaBO1

I thought it will do well in KL as the KL audience are "class lovers". Something had gone wrong here! :(

Raajjaa
13th May 2015, 06:28 PM

எல்லோருக்கும் தெரிந்ததுதான்.
தமிழ் புத்தாண்டில் வெளி வந்த படங்களில் எக்ஸ்பிரஸ் தான் முன்னணியில் போய் கொண்டு இருக்கிறது என்று அப்பொழுது
தினத்தந்தி செய்தி வெளியிட்டு இருந்தது.

PARAMASHIVAN
13th May 2015, 06:48 PM
Rajaa Alias Raaja Raam annE

unga kaalathu MGR vs Shivaji baaax apeese list konjum pOdungalEn ?

eppO Rajni padam release agutho, appapa vantha "paati vadai sutta kathai solureenga ?

Karikalen
13th May 2015, 06:55 PM
UV still going strong in US.

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/box-office-collection-can-uttama-villain-uthama-villain-beat-vijays-kaththi-record-us-632329

vithagan
13th May 2015, 07:09 PM
எல்லோருக்கும் தெரிந்ததுதான்.
தமிழ் புத்தாண்டில் வெளி வந்த படங்களில் எக்ஸ்பிரஸ் தான் முன்னணியில் போய் கொண்டு இருக்கிறது என்று அப்பொழுது
தினத்தந்தி செய்தி வெளியிட்டு இருந்தது.

எக்ஸ்பிரஸ் பாதியில் breakdown ஆனதை பின்னாளில் தினத்தந்தி செய்தி வெளியிட மறந்து விட்டதோ ??:rotfl:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
13th May 2015, 07:12 PM
எக்ஸ்பிரஸ் பாதியில் breakdown ஆனதை பின்னாளில் தினத்தந்தி செய்தி வெளியிட மறந்து விட்டதோ ??:rotfl:

ஆனா அந்தப்பட வெளியீட்டை தள்ளிவைக்க முடியுமான்னு கமலா அம்மா மூலமா கோரிக்கை வைக்கப்பட்டது கமலிடம்! அவ்ளோ பயம்! :rotfl::rotfl:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
13th May 2015, 07:15 PM
Kerala - times has changed. Now vijay is the superstar of kerala. not only mohanlal mammootty, even any tamil heroes cant touch vijay's movie collection in kerala. And as far as UV, i think may be movies like anbe sivam if made today will do well in kerala. But UV is kind of personal movie of Kamal. KB connection is more... They may look like its a movie about a big star, not a common man....

vithagan
13th May 2015, 07:27 PM
ஆனா அந்தப்பட வெளியீட்டை தள்ளிவைக்க முடியுமான்னு கமலா அம்மா மூலமா கோரிக்கை வைக்கப்பட்டது கமலிடம்! அவ்ளோ பயம்! :rotfl::rotfl:

அது பயம் இல்லை... எக்ஸ்பிரஸ் தடம் புரண்டு விட கூடாந்துங்க்ர அக்கறை:poke:

preethamm
13th May 2015, 07:27 PM
mumbai express releasing on tamil new year 2005 was collosal disaster sandwiched between mamooth chandramuki and sachin.
people attributing masala and crazy director combination/MDs for rajini's BO should think that even animated form of rajini in kochadaiyaan flop numbers are vastly unreachable by so called average UV now in any territory tn/kerala/overseas

Adox
13th May 2015, 07:29 PM
Kerala - times has changed. Now vijay is the superstar of kerala. not only mohanlal mammootty, even any tamil heroes cant touch vijay's movie collection in kerala. And as far as UV, i think may be movies like anbe sivam if made today will do well in kerala. But UV is kind of personal movie of Kamal. KB connection is more... They may look like its a movie about a big star, not a common man....

ML's Drishyam shattered most records local and overseas. Agreed Vijay's movies are big but not the biggest ..

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
13th May 2015, 07:31 PM
Oru national newspaper, sunk without trace nnu potta padathhthukku, innum dhum kattureengna paarungka athaan rajini fans!! Athu sari, Lingaavukkee 100 days, athuvum inlcuding antha theatre nowhere it ran 100 days, but still 100 days celebrate pannura fans kitta vera enna ethirpaakka mudiyum?!?

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
13th May 2015, 07:34 PM
ML's Drishyam shattered most records local and overseas. Agreed Vijay's movies are big but not the biggest ..

how many drishyams happen in kerala?!? not many right?! Iam saying, like how kamal became biggest star in telugu and kerala and even to an extent in hindi, in his early days, vijay has become biggest star in kerela! (Till date rajni has NO single straight hero movie in hindi! but his fans call him national superstar! funny world!)

nickraman
13th May 2015, 07:43 PM
(Digression)
Even ML hasnt been able to retain a film like Drishyam post its release. Many have said he was the most relaxed in a long time. Now days, he looks bored/tired of late

(End dig)

PARAMASHIVAN
13th May 2015, 08:01 PM
(Till date rajni has NO single straight hero movie in hindi! but his fans call him national superstar! funny world!)

I agree with you , who called him the "National Superstar" ??, besides applying your same "logic" , how on earth Kamal (with due respect to his lifetime achievement and various talents in the cine industry) be called the "universal hero" ? How many countries are there in the world, how many languages, how many cultures , is it "humanly " possible for "any" human being to be a Universal hero in every language spoken on the planet ? No right?

Star, and Super star (Can be applied for any entertainer) are common titles in the "Entertainment industry" , but rest of the Mokkai titles given in South Indian Cinema is nothing absolutely ridiculous ... IMHO

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
13th May 2015, 08:07 PM
Star and SuperStar came from hollywood. So instead of copying titles from there its best to keep own titles like UlagaNaaagan / Universal Hero which matches only for kamal! Regarding its meaning, lot had been said. Iam not interested in replying to ppl who as a dubm, take and ask for literal meaning!

Among many meanings, one of the reason for the title UlagaNaaagan / Universal Hero is the tremendous business which happened for Tenaali, not just South but also overseas. Thatswhy KSR named kamal UlagaNaaagan / Universal Hero meaning he is the king of BO, based on the business of Thenaali. The collections too were too big for Tenaali!

And above all, kamal is humble enuf not to use those titles in UV and Paapanaasam posters! The real humility unlike others who self-praise themselves in their movies with titles logos intro songs!

PARAMASHIVAN
13th May 2015, 08:16 PM
Iam not interested in replying to ppl who as a dubm, take and ask for literal meaning!

Implying ?? I am not taking any one side, just a general question.. any way neenga romba thaan maareetenga ?

If people are communicating in a decent way, is this how you reply ?

Avadi to America
13th May 2015, 08:23 PM
These are some of the discussions happened 10 years back when CM and ME got released.. if you have time read and understand who was leading the pack from day one...

http://mayyam.com/talk/archives/Tamil_Films_Archived/t2930_Chandramukhi_vs__Mumbai_Xpress_vs__Sachien.h tml

http://mayyam.com/talk/archives/Tamil_Films/t2999_Chandramukhi_released_today__How_is_it_.html

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
13th May 2015, 08:24 PM
If u ask for a literal meaning for Universal Hero/UlagaNaayagan, then likewise the phrase SuperStar also is meaningless. I've seen channels like NDTV propogating rajni as National Superstar, even b4 Enthiran. And also have seen fans doing the same. So i pointed out the illogica ness in it. Glad that you too agreed the logic in my question!

We as kamal fans have no worries in any title for Rajni, by his fans! Its their wish! Likewise Universal Hero vaiyum freeyaa vittutteengannaa enakku athuve pothum! :) :D

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
13th May 2015, 08:25 PM
Initially mx had more theaters in chennai than CM. changed after a week.

PARAMASHIVAN
13th May 2015, 08:30 PM
If u ask for a literal meaning for Universal Hero/UlagaNaayagan, then likewise the phrase SuperStar also is meaningless. I've seen channels like NDTV propogating rajni as National Superstar, even b4 Enthiran. And also have seen fans doing the same. So i pointed out the illogica ness in it. Glad that you too agreed the logic in my question!

We as kamal fans have no worries in any title for Rajni, by his fans! Its their wish! Likewise Universal Hero vaiyum freeyaa vittutteengannaa enakku athuve pothum! :) :D

vOK :)

PARAMASHIVAN
13th May 2015, 08:47 PM
These are some of the discussions happened 10 years back when CM and ME got released.. if you have time read and understand who was leading the pack from day one...

http://mayyam.com/talk/archives/Tamil_Films_Archived/t2930_Chandramukhi_vs__Mumbai_Xpress_vs__Sachien.h tml

http://mayyam.com/talk/archives/Tamil_Films/t2999_Chandramukhi_released_today__How_is_it_.html

Thanks A2A, bring backs "Old memories " :( , Namma Annan has "always " been in full form since 2005 ! :lol2:

Avadi to America
13th May 2015, 09:15 PM
Initially mx had more theaters in chennai than CM. changed after a week.

Sakala,

Sify had published three part article on Why Rajini is emperor in BO right after CM release. Since the opening weekend, CM was leading the pack.... I really do not want to compare a high point in rajin's career with low point in kamal's career. I just brought back the discussion to see how people perceived the movie at the time and to certain extend how fans behaved in HUB.

thamiz
13th May 2015, 10:51 PM
Sakala,

Sify had published three part article on Why Rajini is emperor in BO right after CM release. Since the opening weekend, CM was leading the pack.... I really do not want to compare a high point in rajin's career with low point in kamal's career. I just brought back the discussion to see how people perceived the movie at the time and to certain extend how fans behaved in HUB.

I dont know what SKV remembers.. CM did have a big opening.. :)

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
14th May 2015, 07:32 AM
A2A, Though CM ended as a great BO spinner(which was rubbed by & almost equalled by VV next year) it really had a dull start only. In mount road itself MX had more screens than CM initially. Rajni camp had doubts on their film and thus only asked thru kamala amma if is it possible to postpone MX.

But once MX released, our doubts became 'clear' about MX but for 1st 4 days, even my rajni fan friends were very much in doubt. They were saying "Kathai nallaa dhaan irukku......" after a week it was clear it became a BB! (During 2005 to 2008 i was with a superb gang of friends full of rajini fans! only 1 or 2 were kamal fans. we use to start fights whenever we felt bored! atleast some 40, 50 times we wud hav had that fight!!! And our association started with CM and ended with Dasa! then the gang slowly slipt :( )

Russellmvr
14th May 2015, 08:28 AM
நீ ஏம்பா இடையில காமெடி பண்ணிட்டு?

நானாச்சும் இடையில... நீங்க...??!!

PARAMASHIVAN
14th May 2015, 02:26 PM

Mansushan 10 varsuhama itha thaan panni kitu irukaaru ....

Avadi to America
14th May 2015, 05:48 PM
A2A, Though CM ended as a great BO spinner(which was rubbed by & almost equalled by VV next year) it really had a dull start only. In mount road itself MX had more screens than CM initially. Rajni camp had doubts on their film and thus only asked thru kamala amma if is it possible to postpone MX.

But once MX released, our doubts became 'clear' about MX but for 1st 4 days, even my rajni fan friends were very much in doubt. They were saying "Kathai nallaa dhaan irukku......" after a week it was clear it became a BB! (During 2005 to 2008 i was with a superb gang of friends full of rajini fans! only 1 or 2 were kamal fans. we use to start fights whenever we felt bored! atleast some 40, 50 times we wud hav had that fight!!! And our association started with CM and ended with Dasa! then the gang slowly slipt :( )

Ok Sakala.. I agree to disagree... you carry on.

Raajjaa
14th May 2015, 06:00 PM

மக்களுக்கு பிடித்து இருந்தால் தான் யார் நடித்து இருந்தாலும் படம் ஓடும். அது பெரிய விஷயம் இல்லை.
யாருக்கு opening இருக்கிறதுதான் இங்கே முக்கியம். பாபா தோல்விக்கு பிறகு 3 வருடம் கழித்து வெளிவந்தது சந்திரமுகி. அப்படி இருந்தும் முதல் வாரத்தில் மும்பை எக்ஸ்பிரஸ் தான் முன்னனியில் இருந்தது.

Raajjaa
14th May 2015, 06:02 PM

சரிப்பா. விஜய்யின் BO Power-ஐ கொஞ்சம் சொல்லப்பா...

Raajjaa
14th May 2015, 06:06 PM

Even though Rajini movie released after 3 years, Opening is just equal to Kamal and Vijay.

SOME FACTS

First day, first show!

By Moviebuzz
Thursday, 14 April , 2005, 18:55

Fans of superstars are having a Tamil New Year feast in theatres across Tamilnadu. The shows started in the wee hours of the day and all the three biggies Chandramukhi, Mumbai Xpress and Sachin have taken a 100 to 120 percent opening!

All the releases carry average reports, nothing extraordinary. By Tuesday morning a clear picture will emerge.

Raajjaa
14th May 2015, 06:17 PM
some user comments
--------------------------

I will tell U my experince. I had gone to Albert theatre yesterday (sunday) morning & tickets for Sachine were available for noon & night shows.

When i wnet to book tickets in satyam on saturday morning for sunday, I was told that both CM & MX were running full.

I don't know whether theses films are running full only on weekends or whether they are stage managed.

One thing is clear. Sachine is surely a flop while the other two seems to be having an average run.

-----
Yesterday I had been to Abirami Mega Mall in the afternoon around 3 P.M... and the evening shows for both CM and MX is available... This was a saturday.... Imagine how it will be in weekdays.... I was there till 8 p.m but the evening shows were full by 6:00 p.m... This shows in 2 to 3 weeks these movies will be shifted to smaller theatres....

In Sangam... they have announced that if you purchase one movie ticket of Sachin... you will get one ticket free.... The movie is running empty on weekends.....
-----

Indiafm.com : Mumbai express collects 47.8 lacs
also look at the box office in indiafm.... mumbai express sits very prettily in the second slot just after lucky

http://indiafm.com/boxoffice/top5.shtml

Mumbai express seems to have become an average hit in hindi... that is great news as all hindi movies r flopping in a row,.... there is a southern superstar who makes a movie in hindi without much fanfare and hype ( there were no sites talking abt mumbai express) and made it into a profitable venture...
very less marketing and patronage,... but it is kamalhassans magic and he has hit the bulls eye...

thamiz
14th May 2015, 06:28 PM
They are all JUST comments. The "truth" came out of these commenters are based on Who's fan that commenter is. Rajaram is talking as if we should take all the "lies/truths" as they are! :lol:

thamiz
14th May 2015, 06:32 PM
Even though Rajini movie released after 3 years, Opening is just equal to Kamal and Vijay.

SOME FACTS

First day, first show!

By Moviebuzz
Thursday, 14 April , 2005, 18:55

Fans of superstars are having a Tamil New Year feast in theatres across Tamilnadu. The shows started in the wee hours of the day and all the three biggies Chandramukhi, Mumbai Xpress and Sachin have taken a 100 to 120 percent opening!

All the releases carry average reports, nothing extraordinary. By Tuesday morning a clear picture will emerge.

Yeah, Tuesday morning it was declared that CM was the WINNER! :lol:

Avadi to America
14th May 2015, 07:22 PM
Opening weekend Numbers.
http://www.sify.com/movies/boxoffice.php?id=13721150&cid=13525926

2nd weekend:
http://web.archive.org/web/20140927143942/http://www.sify.com/movies/boxoffice.php?id=13728161&ctid=2

vithagan
14th May 2015, 09:16 PM

A2A shared BO reports for first and second weekend..

MX is 3rd next to CM and Sachin.. CM kitta thothalum paravayilla.. Sachin kittayum thothirukku MX.. idha vaichikittu statement vera..

ராஜாராம் அண்ணே இது தான் சொந்த காசுல சூனியம் வைத்துகொல்வதோ :rotfl2:

Raajjaa
14th May 2015, 11:08 PM
SIFY காரன் கமலுக்கு எதிராகத்தான் எப்பவுமே எழுதுவான். see 3rd week report.collection திடீர்னு சத்யம்ல கூடிடுச்சாம்.

http://www.sify.com/movies/boxoffice.php?id=13732758&cid=13525926

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
14th May 2015, 11:31 PM
Vendhar movies Siva has clearly said CM didnt have an opening in 1st 3 days. thats all. case closed. then it bacame a BB but opening was not big

Cinemarasigan
14th May 2015, 11:44 PM
A2A shared BO reports for first and second weekend..

MX is 3rd next to CM and Sachin.. CM kitta thothalum paravayilla.. Sachin kittayum thothirukku MX.. idha vaichikittu statement vera..

ராஜாராம் அண்ணே இது தான் சொந்த காசுல சூனியம் வைத்துகொல்வதோ :rotfl2:

Rajjaa has rebutted properly!!

கமலோட முந்தைய படம் விஸ்வரூபம் எந்த அளவுக்கு அவரோட படங்களுக்கு கூட்டம் வருது, எந்த அளவுக்கு விநியோகஸ்தர்களுக்கு லாபம் கொடுத்தது-னு எல்லாருக்கும் தெரியும்.. தோல்வி அடைந்த படங்களை வைத்து மட்டும் ஒரு நடிகனின் பாக்ஸ் ஆபீஸ் பலத்தை நிரூபிக்க நினைத்தால் அதை நினைத்து சிரிப்பும் அதைப் பற்றி எழுதுபவர்களின் எண்ணமும் வெட்ட வெளிச்சமாகிறது... உத்தம வில்லன் எதிர் பார்த்த அளவுக்கு வருமானம் கொடுக்காததற்கு தயாரிப்பாளரின் பிரச்சனைகளும் அதை கையாண்ட விதமும் காரணமே தவிர நடிகன் எந்த விதத்திலும் பொறுப்பல்ல...

Avadi to America
15th May 2015, 12:16 AM
Vendhar movies Siva has clearly said CM didnt have an opening in 1st 3 days. thats all. case closed. then it bacame a BB but opening was not big

It's better to understand the way Siva said in media to show the lingaa had potential to recover the money. his intention was to highlight to media that distributors bad talk killed the movie. Nammavar adikadi thanna thazhthi kooda irukuravangal uyarthi sollaliya. we should not try to find literal meaning...

Cinemarasigan
15th May 2015, 12:59 AM
It's better to understand the way Siva said in media to show the lingaa had potential to recover the money.

+1. Even I felt the same way...

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
15th May 2015, 01:03 AM
a movie with intially dull BO can still become BB. Chandramuki is an example for that. same time, that can also lead to bad collections and flop too. thats the case of linga. 3rd day itself radharavi scolded in bad words, tweeters and social media reviewers for bad review of linga. 4th day, KSR gave that baloon interview where he said, climax pudikkalanna enthirichi po. only 7th day singaravelans interview came. for 6 full days no distributors spoke about the movie's state

Adox
15th May 2015, 01:31 AM
a movie with intially dull BO can still become BB. Chandramuki is an example for that. same time, that can also lead to bad collections and flop too. thats the case of linga. 3rd day itself radharavi scolded in bad words, tweeters and social media reviewers for bad review of linga. 4th day, KSR gave that baloon interview where he said, climax pudikkalanna enthirichi po. only 7th day singaravelans interview came. for 6 full days no distributors spoke about the movie's state

I think it was a combo of both .. initial response was not electrifying and singaravelan's mischief pretty much extinguished the flame.

thamiz
15th May 2015, 05:57 AM
a movie with intially dull BO can still become BB. Chandramuki is an example for that.

Will Uttama villain come back like Chandramukhi did? Who knows it will become a BB as it got excellent reviews from critics and fans. Let us hope UV would be listed next to CM, another come-back BB! :)

Russellmvr
15th May 2015, 07:47 AM

220 கோடி அளவுக்கு இன்னும் வரல...!! உங்கள போல வடை சுடவும் தெரியேல..!! :p

pushpak
15th May 2015, 07:54 AM
UV should not be listed next to a copy/paste movie.

venkkiram
15th May 2015, 08:34 AM
uv should not be listed next to a copy/paste movie.

lol :)

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
15th May 2015, 09:28 AM
I think it was a combo of both .. initial response was not electrifying and singaravelan's mischief pretty much extinguished the flame.

Flop is common for all actors. UV is doing average business while MMA was flop for Kamal. Likewise rajni had 4 flops for his share, post 2K. Point is, Radharavi & KSR scolded audience for bad reviews which kindled many ppl in twitter so they memes hitting KSR & the film, adn that became viral. then singaravelan's entry added more fuel to that....

Cinemarasigan
15th May 2015, 10:00 AM
Flop is common for all actors. UV is doing average business while MMA was flop for Kamal. Likewise rajni had 4 flops for his share, post 2K. Point is, Radharavi & KSR scolded audience for bad reviews which kindled many ppl in twitter so they memes hitting KSR & the film, adn that became viral. then singaravelan's entry added more fuel to that....

Sakala, damage due to twitter responses are very minimal... Singaravelan started bashing because of poor collections from day2 in his area...

pushpak
15th May 2015, 10:05 AM

Agree flop is common for all actors. But there are some actors who do not get turned off by a flop. They continue to make outstanding/risky movies and do not run behind top directors, technicians, heroines.

Russellmvr
15th May 2015, 10:38 AM
Agree flop is common for all actors. But there are some actors who do not get turned off by a flop. They continue to make outstanding/risky movies and do not run behind top directors, technicians, heroines.

Its not about being creativity or going stereo type. IMHO movies should be something that can be accepted by majority part of the audience as they pay for an entertainment service. The movie may be outstanding for the creator, but may be a dull product for the end receiver. Same goes to masala entertainers, logic-less stuffs will be thrown out. Who ever the actor is , they should first understand the market's expectation before developing something.

pushpak
15th May 2015, 10:41 AM
Cinema is not only business for some people. For some it is an art as well.