PDA

View Full Version : Thaanga mudyiadha 5-rooba-kodutha-10-roobaikki pongum actors

Pages : [1] 2 3

Plum
3rd April 2009, 02:08 PM
che, che, EC konjam doottila slip aana aalaalukku ipdiya digression pandradhu - firshtuu decide the topic.

Let's go step by step - firstly, let's ignore the mediocre and the "enna koduma saravanan" serious-comedy.
I also suggest lets not stick to tragedy queens and cry-kings - avanga ellam one dimension-la paduthinaanga. Ahdellam jujoobe.. the category I am proposing is of multi-dimensional ponga paaanais. Vide...

RULES
=======

Let's stick to people who delivered *any* emotion in hyper-state: be it sadness, happiness, ecstasy, pain, anxiety, disappointment, frustration ....you name the emotion, these artistes have touched the zenith of over-play in those emotions.

As with the YGM Gold Standard for Humourless comedy, the Gold Standard here is...
...AVM Rajan.
Now, think AVM Rajan.

That means dont think mediocre Shadows Ravi or one-dimensional manivannan (who was good in his one dimension though) or get distracted by the ordinary plain pathetic Kamalas Kameshes.

OK, with the stage set, I propose the initial nominees - every time you post and propose a candidate, remember to weigh them against these heavyweights , and propose only if they are worthy of being spoken of in the same breath as the following thespians:
Winner of the Poll gets the title:

Thaanga mudyiadha 5-rooba-kodutha-10-roobaikki pongum actors
better title names will be considered and modificed accordingly

Nominees:
1. Title Favourite AVM Rajan
2. 'Pen Puli', 'Ponga Paanai' Vijayakumari
3. Unarchi Pizhambu 'Sikkal' ShanmughaSundaram
4. Since all elections need a few dummy minor candidates, V.S.Raghavan , who is but a bachcha compared to the above 3 heavyweights
5. Thambi Bala@CR's nominee 'Killer' Kalairaani

The nature of the title means that previous favourite 'Major' BeautyKing is eliminated in the selection round. Nobody can accuse him of consistent over-play. Same applies to Nizhalgal Ravi etc. Think and nominate people. Think of killer-multi-dimensional-multi-emotional-warehouses.
We'll create another title and another poll for Major Sundararajan and co. later.

Thodangattum ungal therthal pani - we want separate state, chee separate thread for this - we cannot afford to replace the original intention of this thread - which was to capture for posterity the greatness of Annan YG Mahendra. Moderators, new thread, please!

P_R
3rd April 2009, 02:28 PM
'sikkal' dhushprayOgaththukku kadumaiyAga aatchEbikkiREn.
Joke paNra role-A adhu. Please don't joke with a role that earned TFI its due prestiege.

groucho070
3rd April 2009, 02:38 PM
:lol: I love that title, Plum!

Plum
3rd April 2009, 02:56 PM
Joke paNra role-A adhu. Please don't joke with a role that earned TFI its due prestiege.

thambi, unadhu unarvu purigiradhu. Aanaal, sikkil-ukkum sikkal-ukkum pala verubaadu iruppadhaga yaam karudhugirom- un karuthu enna?
(Besides, Murpaal 'pun'niya paavam, pirpagal vilaiyum!)

Raikkonen
3rd April 2009, 03:00 PM
That means dont think mediocre Shadows Ravi or one-dimensional manivannan

:lol:

ithai naan vanmayaga kandikiren... ravi is awesome as funny side villain (my dear martandan, china vaathiyar).. mani is my asboulete fav..

littlemaster1982
3rd April 2009, 03:03 PM

thambi, unadhu unarvu purigiradhu. Aanaal, sikkil-ukkum sikkal-ukkum pala verubaadu iruppadhaga yaam karudhugirom- un karuthu enna?

Vidhyaasam irukku, aana TM-la varradhu 'Sikkal' dhaan.

Plum
3rd April 2009, 03:05 PM
Raiks, ok. Either way, avarai nominees-la kondu vara thevai illai. Indha list-la varalai enbadharku irandil oru artham irukkum:
1. Padu mattam, mediocre, indha list-la var thevai illai
2. Unarchi pizhambu acting endru ivargalai solla mudiyadhu adhanal listla vara thevai illai.

If a candidate answers to 1 of the above 2 descriptions, then he is rejected. We'll focus on the AVM Rajan types. As I said, this is only a sub-category. Ottumothamaga, Character artistes-la dhandam yaaru enbadhu pinnal theermanikkapadum(Innum oru 4 threads-ku ippove adi pottachu!)

rajasaranam
3rd April 2009, 03:10 PM
Peeli Sivam! Anyone?

P_R
3rd April 2009, 03:31 PM
un karuthu enna?

5 ரூபாய்க்கு பத்து ரூபாய் என்கிற தலைப்பு வரும்போது தமிழ்த்திரை வரலாற்று ப்ரஸ்டீஜை குறிப்பிட வேண்டியது என் கடமையாகிறது. ரத்தக்களரி எழ இயலாதவாறு கூறிமுடித்தேன். :yessir:

Plum
3rd April 2009, 03:33 PM
dei , odi poyidu, Annan aruvaal edukakradhukkula odi poyidu!

crajkumar_be
3rd April 2009, 03:35 PM
That means dont think mediocre Shadows Ravi or one-dimensional manivannan

ithai naan vanmayaga kandikiren... ravi is awesome as funny side villain (my dear martandan, china vaathiyar).. mani is my asboulete fav..
I second the notion/motion

crajkumar_be
3rd April 2009, 03:36 PM
Thodangattum ungal therthal pani - we want separate state, chee separate thread for this -

crajkumar_be
3rd April 2009, 03:40 PM
AVM Rajan is a good choice. K.R Vijaya? Udambe nadikkum, i mean all those heaves when she's happy or sad!

SS :lol: can be considered

Innum konjam "i think" pannanum...

Plum
3rd April 2009, 03:42 PM
EC anne..neenge Tamil-la petti kudukkuRa idea iruntha sollunga :lol:

Venaam Joe, risk aayidum :lol:

Plum
3rd April 2009, 03:43 PM
Yes, KR Vijaya, ennanga onne podhume. But CEC aatchebipparnu patchi solludhu. Annan Joe mela kooda oru mild doubt irukku avarum kodichiduvaarnu :lol:

joe
3rd April 2009, 03:44 PM
EC anne..neenge Tamil-la petti kudukkuRa idea iruntha sollunga :lol:

Venaam Joe, risk aayidum :lol:

2 NaaL weekend ..veetula thaan iruppom ..kudukkuratha iruntha kudunga :lol:

joe
3rd April 2009, 03:45 PM
Annan Joe mela kooda oru mild doubt irukku avarum kodichiduvaarnu :lol:

No..No..Savithri-ya thavira yaara veNa sollitu ponga .enakku kavalai illa :lol:

P_R
3rd April 2009, 03:56 PM
patikkAdha paNNaiyAr enRu oru padam. FOr some reason I have watched it 2-3 times.
Bahappirivinai scene.
Son vENu aravind says something unseemly about Sivaji (KRV's brother in law).

KRV-kku kObam. She lets out a war cry, disshevels her hair in disbelief as she utters it and proceeds to assault her son vEnu aravind mercilessly.

What makes it even more interesting is a mild editing blooper. After he utters the wrath earning line, the shot changes to a wider angle, technically to accomodate the action and more importantly to accomodate KRV herself. So for half a moment after the line she is silent and then without warning she pounes on the unsuspecting vEnu and the viewers.

Plum
3rd April 2009, 03:59 PM
joe, ok, nambaren :-) (But suhasini rain songnu ellam quote pandrache, doubt varuvadhu iyarkkai dhaane :-) )

prabhuram, the delay by KRV was to disable and disintegrate, I suppose

Plum
3rd April 2009, 05:35 PM
Updated list:

Confirmed Nominees:
4. Since all elections need a few dummy minor candidates, V.S.Raghavan , who is but a bachcha compared to the above 3 heavyweights
5. Thambi Bala@CR's nominee 'Killer' Kalairaani

To-be-confirmed Nominees:
1. 'Pun'nagai arasi, 'Thirutheril varum silai' KR Vijaya

Raikkonen
3rd April 2009, 06:51 PM
ks ravikumar is a horrible actor too.. ellathukkum sirichitte (in same tone) iruparu.. even in serious scenes..

e-g in ponnuvettukaran, veeta veetu torathura mathiri oru scene, KSR somebody kutting, i'm katting ndra mathiri reactions koduthuruparu..

Nerd
3rd April 2009, 07:00 PM
5 rupee = 10 rupee => Saranya?

NOV
3rd April 2009, 07:23 PM
:yes: savithri is another sob queen.
avanga sirichu paaththa gnaabagamE illa :confused:

I dont mind you guys nominating KRV but dont touch my sweet angel Lakshmi, ok. 8-)

P_R
3rd April 2009, 07:24 PM
5 rupee = 10 rupee => Saranya?

She is redeeming herself nowadays

You didn't like her in TT ?

P_R
3rd April 2009, 07:26 PM
cha idhu theriyAma Lakshmi-kku support paNNi pEsittEnE

Nerd
3rd April 2009, 07:30 PM
You didn't like her in TT ?
She was good in TT. But that was the starting point. Adhulaerundhu, yAvarum nalam varaikkum same character, same expressions esra. She was the most irritating in YN.

Savithri ellAm one of (the best b/w actress) the best actresses ever. Rejetted.

app_engine
3rd April 2009, 07:32 PM
Jai Ganesh, for over-acting?

joe
3rd April 2009, 07:32 PM
:yes: savithri is another sob queen. )

:evil: :x :evil: :shock: :x :evil:

directhit
3rd April 2009, 07:36 PM
:lol: at thread title :thumbsup:

Plum
3rd April 2009, 07:39 PM
ks ravikumar is a horrible actor too.. ellathukkum sirichitte (in same tone) iruparu.. even in serious scenes..

e-g in ponnuvettukaran, veeta veetu torathura mathiri oru scene, KSR somebody kutting, i'm katting ndra mathiri reactions koduthuruparu..

Raiks, by your description, he is dismissed - indha thread-ai porutha varaikkum, multi-dimensions thevai - pala emotion-la ponganum. By your own description, KS Ravikumar excuses himself!

Plum
3rd April 2009, 07:39 PM
:yes: savithri is another sob queen.
avanga sirichu paaththa gnaabagamE illa :confused:

I dont mind you guys nominating KRV but dont touch my sweet angel Lakshmi, ok. 8-)

Ennadhu, Savithri sob queen-a? Joe, wer r u?

Plum
3rd April 2009, 07:41 PM
jaiganesh - app_engine, excellent nomination. Konjam examples koduthu makkalai convince pannungalen. innum konja per support pannina, list-la serthudaren

NOV
3rd April 2009, 07:41 PM
:yes: savithri is another sob queen. ) :evil: :x :evil: :shock: :x :evil:why joe? has she ever done a comic role? :confused2:

Plum
3rd April 2009, 07:42 PM
Updated list:

Confirmed Nominees:
4. Thambi Bala@CR's nominee 'Killer' Kalairaani
5. 'Pun'nagai arasi, 'Thirutheril varum silai' KR Vijaya

1. Jaiganesh - ivarukku nalla description kodungappa
2. Saranya - weak case for her so far. Strong-a evidence file pannungapa. Nayagan-la niraiva panni irundhappala.
3. Indubitable Contemporary Empress of Quaint, Unfettered, Extra Emotional Nadippu - 'ICE QUEEN', if you missed it - Jyothika
(strongly recommended by the EC!)
4. Since all elections need a few dummy minor candidates, V.S.Raghavan

Plum
3rd April 2009, 07:46 PM
NOV, apdi ketta? Miss amma

Nethu dhaan 'Mooga Manasulu' parthaen - tamizhla evlo nalla illaiyo telugula avlo nalla irundhudhu. Ammaiyarukku College girl role konjam overnaalum, adhai nadippaleye samaalichanga ennama. Oru kattathil, Nageswara rao appaviya "prema(LOVE)"-na ennanu ketkarappo "nee thalakai(your head)"-nu vetkam, naanam, sirippu, thalukku, oru chinna manamagadha pennukke uriya menmaiyana negizhvu matrum kanivoda soldrache...hmm...chance-e illai. Ivangala poyi sob-queen adhu idhunittu...Case dismissed.

NOV
3rd April 2009, 07:46 PM
sob queen crown is definitely vijayakumari's.
following closely are savithri and saradha and JAYANTHI :cry3:

NOV
3rd April 2009, 07:51 PM
I thot we are dismantling holy cows? :roll:

equanimus
3rd April 2009, 07:52 PM
Can't believe nobody has mentioned the indubitable contemporary empress in this respect, Jyothika. Single-handedly, she inspired a whole generation of actresses to act (go dancing in front of the camera is more like it though) the way she did.

Plum
3rd April 2009, 07:52 PM
NOV - vijayakumari sob-queen mattum illai - ella emotion-ume pongiduvaanga. How many milestones - Kanna Karumai Nira Kanna(pathos, inferiority complex), Kannagi(Rowdhram), Oruthi oruvanai - ipdi pala emotions-il ponginavanga. Chance-e illai, ladies section-la crown avangalukku thaan. Adhu epdi, Savithriya indha list-la?

I will not say anything - yesterdaay wonly one old, wise man :-) toldu when sivaji and kamal were called sob-kings:
"theres a vast difference between acting and merely being sobbies. "

Same quote for savithri from me

Plum
3rd April 2009, 07:56 PM
NOV, oh apdi vareengala? Appo justify pannanum - endha padathula epdi over-a savithri ponginaanganu sollunga. Sila pala examples irukkum - andha examples-ai discuss pannalam but overall, do you think she deserves to be there in the list? Neengale sollunga? Think Vijayakumari, AVMR, and as eq perceptively reminded, Jyothika?

We can discuss Savithri as a holy cow and point to her pongals, but blanket dismissive statement epdi...

Nerd
3rd April 2009, 07:56 PM
JothikA, yes certainly. AvangaLOda munnOdi sarojadevi too :yes:

omega
3rd April 2009, 07:59 PM
:yes: savithri is another sob queen. ) :evil: :x :evil: :shock: :x :evil:why joe? has she ever done a comic role? :confused2:

Have you seen "Kai kodutha theivam". Not a comic role, it was an innocent character that she played. I think even in Navarathiri she was playing something out of her comfort zone.

Plum
3rd April 2009, 08:01 PM
heavyweight candidates coming - VS Ragavan moved to waiting list.
Updated list in the previous post.

Dilbert
3rd April 2009, 08:02 PM
Watch out the movie Pudiya Paravai.. !! All Actors were Rs5 = Rs500

For moment I thought Even Director was in same mode..

Balakrishna / Mohan babu / Shoban babu = Rs. 5 = Rs5000

Kannada : Loodea mama vishnu, Ambrish,upendra Rs. 5 = Rs,50000

lol

:mrgreen: Plum great titile, you should open another thread that says the oppositie..

even if you give them.. 500000 they will act asif they got 5.. SJ Surya.. kind of actors

MADDY
3rd April 2009, 08:05 PM
sob queen == its always one and only soukar janaki :roll: or is she the wrong candidate here :P

Plum
3rd April 2009, 08:08 PM
Ok, one by one.
Jyothika - so far 2 strong recommendations by equa and nerd, not to mention the EC's personal preference. Equa has made a sociological case instead of an artistic case against her. Any naysayers?
Jaiganesh - case files pending by app_engine. Others are free to add. Surefire nominee, just do the formalities, people.

saranya - no strong case so far. Redeemed by a few good performances. Will be in waiting list pending stronger candidates. People wishing to move her to main list need to produce strong evidence to offset the positive impact of Naygan and Thavamai.

VS Raghavan - dummy candidate to fill in numbers if not enough candidates are available

Plum
3rd April 2009, 08:09 PM
Maddy, sowcar janaki - good addition. Decent candidate - can be put in wait list atleast for the hubbers to come up with specific complaints.
Request to everyone - give specific instances of how they affected you

P_R
3rd April 2009, 08:10 PM
Mozhi kooda pala idangaLil overboard-nu oththukkarEn... aanaa pala idangaL-la very impressive IMO.

None of you will grant her even a bronze mini-bowl ?

Nerd
3rd April 2009, 08:11 PM
Saranya - Raam, yAvarum nalam (nothing else on top of my mind, will add later)

Prathap Pothen?

NOV
3rd April 2009, 08:21 PM
I will not say anything - yesterdaay wonly one old, wise man :-) toldu when sivaji and kamal were called sob-kings:
"theres a vast difference between acting and merely being sobbies. "ellaam sari thaan, adhu enna old? :hammer:

but you see there is a diff between sivaji/kamal and savi3. the former have enough variety in their CV whilst the latter has only one thing to her credit - crying :cry2:

P_R
3rd April 2009, 08:22 PM
"theres a vast difference between acting and merely being sobbies. "ellaam sari thaan, adhu enna old? :hammer:

:hammer: @ Plum adhu enna wise

app_engine
3rd April 2009, 08:24 PM
Saranya - Raam, yAvarum nalam (nothing else on top of my mind, will add later)

Prathap Pothen?

Saranya was lovely in nAyakan and very good in TT (very natural and realistic...no over-acting there)...

P_R
3rd April 2009, 08:24 PM
the former have enough variety in their CV whilst the latter has only one thing to her credit - crying :cry2:
:heavybreathing: :x

Joe, indha weekend konjam KL pOreengaLA. oru sinna vElai...

naan vEnumnA Thangavelu mEla uLLA kutrachaattai ellAm vapus vaangikkirEn.

complicateur
3rd April 2009, 08:25 PM
Prathap Pothen?
Yes! It seems like the man is re-enacting Thakara in every single role of his. Quite intolerable in some places. The only thing could somehow make him look palatable was the Saathaa-AishwaryA combo in PriyamAna thOzhi.

app_engine
3rd April 2009, 08:26 PM
but you see there is a diff between sivaji/kamal and savi3. the former have enough variety in their CV whilst the latter has only one thing to her credit - crying :cry2:

Objection your honor...she was bubbly & romantic with Gemini in pArthAl pasi theerum...அன்று ஊமைப்பெண்ணல்லோ...

Nerd
3rd April 2009, 08:26 PM
OK, saranya can be taken off. Plis consider sarojadevi :)

Nerd
3rd April 2009, 08:28 PM
To Pothen's credit, he was good in panneer pushpangaL, but he should not be spared for one good performance :twisted:

NOV
3rd April 2009, 08:30 PM
prabhu ram :poke:

jOthika sob queen? are you out of your mind? :roll:

sowcar, maybe. but I like her. and she can do wonderful comedy too - aduththaathu ambujaththa paathElaa...

app_engine
3rd April 2009, 08:31 PM
The only thing could somehow make him look palatable was the Saathaa-AishwaryA combo in PriyamAna thOzhi.

Wasn't he good in 'panneer pushpangaL'?

His eccentric portrayals may be actually due his nature:-) I don't think those are part of his "acting"...

Solely for his contributions to the music world -i.e. when he was behind the camera, I would recommend him to be removed...

app_engine
3rd April 2009, 08:32 PM
Sowcar cannot be considered at all - she nullifies any prior azhuvAchchi with a brilliant thillu mullu...

P_R
3rd April 2009, 08:33 PM
Agree with NOV sowcar pre-emptive reject

Bama Vijayam : trap ? :shock:
Edhirneechchal: pOna idathula edhukku poNNai paathEL ? sari naan adhai apparamA vijArichukkarEn.. :lol:
and

Thillu Mullu

NOV
3rd April 2009, 08:34 PM
saroja dEvi? ennappa idhu. naakkula narambu illathaan, adhukkunu.

am in the wrong bus? :confused2:

app_engine
3rd April 2009, 08:35 PM
Jai Ganesh - I can't remember much about his movies, but during college days he had the reputation among the circles of OA...wasn't he in 'chinna veedu', for e.g.?

Plum
3rd April 2009, 08:36 PM
Good going. Since the chief advocate against saranya, nerd, has withdrawn charges, letting her off.
Sarojadevi - in the interest of not reducing the list into heroines monopoly, suggest that we choose one out of saroja, vijayak, and sowcar, and keep jyothika.

Plum
3rd April 2009, 08:38 PM
Compli, one line description and case file for prathap pothen please
Maddy, can you expand on sowcar?

NOV
3rd April 2009, 08:42 PM
suggest that we choose one out of saroja, vijayak, and sowcar, and keep jyothika.:evil:
oru kudumbasththan pEsura pEchaa idhu? :hammer:

Vijayakumari is undisputed Queen. I have not heard a nary voice.!

Nerd
3rd April 2009, 08:44 PM
EC's description: Any emotion in hyper state. Sarojadevi is the only actress in the history of TFI to have delivered all emotions in hyper state. Vijaykumari ellAm oru emotion dhAn. So I request the EC to kindly accept my nomination and others please support this deserving candidate.

Vivasaayi
3rd April 2009, 08:45 PM
JO JO JO JOTHIKAAAAA

MADDY
3rd April 2009, 09:01 PM
Maddy, can you expand on sowcar?

hmmm - her sad expressions in maalai pozhudhin mayakkathil yen naan (ripper of a song, though), towards end of motor sundaram pillai, many KB movies come on top of my mind.....ofcourse, i always felt her face itself "personified" sadness :lol:

complicateur
3rd April 2009, 09:15 PM
Compli, one line description and case file for prathap pothen please
Quite irritating in all movies not named ThakarA, VNS (this itself is quite borderline performance for me) or PannIr PushpangaL. Moodu Pani, Nenjaththai KiLLAthE, RAm...

Plum
3rd April 2009, 09:15 PM
Ok, overwhelming support for adding jyothika - but still, in the interest of keeping discussions alive, pls share personal anecdotes of suffering inflicted by jyothika.

As nov said, vijayakumari is an overwhelming favourite - since only nerd is for saroja devi, can't but favour vijayak in the list. Nerd, vijayak in poo pola, kanna karumai, oruthi oruvanai ellam parthadhullaiya? Sari, continue pannunga - indha slotai open a vechurukken - sarojadevi caseila mukkiyamana satchigal sp matrum sarna varaama decide panna mudiyadhu

crajkumar_be
3rd April 2009, 09:18 PM
Any emotion in hyper state. Sarojadevi is the only actress .
Objection your honor

P.S: Most of yesteryear actresses are non-ferformans or over-ferfamans. Listing is redundant

crajkumar_be
3rd April 2009, 09:20 PM
Prathap Pothen

Case kattu: Sindhu Bhairavi, Moodu Pani, VNS, Padikkadhavan (innum pakkala but i can guess)....

P.S: Real life-layum appadi thaan pola. I've seen him in Ric videos Chennai a few times... ellarayum morappa paathuttu iruppaaru, maybe because yaarume kandukkalannu...

Plum
3rd April 2009, 09:21 PM
Compli, case very weak. Not saying the Candidate is weak but case file is weak.

Maddy, nalla case but apart from over play in azhuvachi, has she overplayed other emotions? Pudhiya paravai comes to mind but as for as comedy goes, measured performances in bama, edhir and thillu.

Sd vs vijayak vs sowcar - thodarattum

crajkumar_be
3rd April 2009, 09:22 PM
I oppose Sowkkar's inclusion

littlemaster1982
3rd April 2009, 09:25 PM
Both Sarojadevi and Vijayakumari should be in the list.

Nerd
3rd April 2009, 09:27 PM
SJ's been good in several films. But agree with Maddy on her face reeking azhuvAchi. She shunt be included. So,
SJ: 1-3
Pothen: 3-1 (CR/Compli/Nerd Vs app-engine)
SJD: 2-1 (LM,Nerd Vs NOV)

crajkumar_be
3rd April 2009, 09:28 PM
SJ's been good in several films. But agree with Maddy on her face reeking azhuvAchi. She shunt be included. So,

:shock: I can vote twice against SJD, if it is required!

P_R
3rd April 2009, 09:29 PM
SJD Annoying yes
But compared to Vijayakumari she is quaint if not charming

crajkumar_be
3rd April 2009, 09:30 PM
SJD Annoying yes
But compared to Vijayakumari she is quaint if not charming
I want to dismiss 'em all. Lets increase the intake, avingalukkul potti, nerukkadi vendaam

littlemaster1982
3rd April 2009, 09:31 PM

:shock: I can vote twice against SJD, if it is required!

:lol: :lol:

Nerd
3rd April 2009, 09:32 PM
LM, VJK or SJD? Include 'em both I say!

complicateur
3rd April 2009, 09:37 PM
I can throw a vote in for VijayakumAri. Quite annoying and almost single handedly destroyed pOlicekAran magaL.

littlemaster1982
3rd April 2009, 09:38 PM
LM, VJK or SJD? Include 'em both I say!

:yes:

Dilbert
3rd April 2009, 09:38 PM
SJD - 10 votes
KRV - 1000 votes
SAV3 - 1 vote

Nan oru Vote poota.... :smokesmile:

jaaze
3rd April 2009, 09:40 PM
Ippadi vaarathukku oru thread thirakkuravangala ip ban pannanum :yes: \o/

Shakthiprabha.
3rd April 2009, 09:42 PM
:|

Raikkonen
3rd April 2009, 09:49 PM

:lol: :yes:

Ramakrishna
3rd April 2009, 09:50 PM

:lol: :yes:

Thirumaran :lol:

Dilbert
3rd April 2009, 09:57 PM

Shakthi.. 21k posts.. you must be hub's most decticated Full time member

Plum
3rd April 2009, 09:58 PM
Yaarupa adhu ban adhu idhunuttu. Adhaan sonaen, indha negative emotion enbadhai neengal innum purindhu kollave illai:-)

Shakthiprabha.
3rd April 2009, 10:05 PM

Shakthi.. 21k posts.. you must be hub's most decticated Full time member

yessssu!

//dign

Plum
3rd April 2009, 10:08 PM
Shaktiprabha, vandhadhu vandheenga. Sarojadeviyai aadharithu naalu vaarthai pesuveengannu paartha...
Enge andha sarna paiyan?

Shakthiprabha.
3rd April 2009, 10:12 PM
:lol2: pesi pesi sorndhu poiten plum :D

pesaren, yaaravathu romba pesina, en ratham kothikkum appo pesaren :D

btw, she does over-react at times (esp her voice adds on to it ), but tht makes her a complete package. That makes her special :D

P_R
3rd April 2009, 10:33 PM
pesaren, yaaravathu romba pesina, en ratham kothikkum appo pesaren :D

mani: enakku veRi varathukkuLLa pOyiru
baplu : ungaLukku veRi vanthaathaan naan pOvEn

Shakthiprabha.
3rd April 2009, 10:33 PM
:lol2:

sarna_blr
3rd April 2009, 10:37 PM
Enge andha sarna paiyan?

I am 25 old Man :smokesmirk:

indha thread title'ku yEththa maadhiriyaana oru yesteryear actor irukkaar :P avara nominate pannaa, enna hub'la irundhu ban panniduvaanga :twisted:
so actor vEnaam :|

actress.... namma Jyothikaa :happydance:

joe
3rd April 2009, 10:50 PM

Have you seen "Kai kodutha theivam". Not a comic role, it was an innocent character that she played. I think even in Navarathiri she was playing something out of her comfort zone.

Bulls eye omega :clap:

Hmm..Savithri-a dismiss pannina inge oru kunju kuruma kooda therathu :x :evil:

Sanjeevi
3rd April 2009, 11:30 PM
hmmm

Actually I have seen many or some persons who related Sivaji with this thread title. Many hub perunthalaigal will deny this :)

sivank
4th April 2009, 12:02 AM
enakku therinja periya paanai SSR thaan. thambadhi samedharaa vijaya kumari yoda mudhal parisai vaanga thagudhi vaayndhavar

crajkumar_be
4th April 2009, 12:19 AM
hmmm

Actually I have seen many or some persons who related Sivaji with this thread title. Many hub perunthalaigal will deny this :)
Nadigar Thilagam overacts, Kamal Haasan is a xerox copy of Al Pacino, Ilaiyaraaja is (only) a tabla master - idhellam onnum pudhusillaye!

Sanjeevi
4th April 2009, 12:21 AM
hmmm

Nadigar Thilagam overacts, Kamal Haasan is a xerox copy of Al Pacino, Ilaiyaraaja is (only) a tabla master - idhellam onnum pudhusillaye!

yes yes that was not my comment I just wanted to share some person's opinion

Thirumaran
4th April 2009, 12:29 AM

Thirumaran
4th April 2009, 12:32 AM
:lol2: pesi pesi sorndhu poiten plum :D

neengalae ippadi sonnaa eppadi.. paesunga please.. intha thread oru 20 pakkam oatalaam :lol2:

Madhu Sree
4th April 2009, 12:35 AM
I think jyothika... :|

Nerd
4th April 2009, 12:40 AM
enakku therinja periya paanai SSR thaan. thambadhi samedharaa vijaya kumari yoda mudhal parisai vaanga thagudhi vaayndhavar
Parasakthi, kai kodutha dheivam kooda pidikkalaiyA?

omega
4th April 2009, 12:43 AM
how about "கண்ணாம்பாள்" ?

Thirumaran
4th April 2009, 12:46 AM
how about "கண்ணாம்பாள்" ?

perfect :thumbsup:

jaiganes
4th April 2009, 01:21 AM
My nominees:
1. Vaigai puyal annan vadivelu
2. S.A.Asogan
3. S.D.Subbaiah
4. Radharavi
5. Jyothika
6. 'Aaaeeeiii, Adhu' Ajith
7. Sometimes nadigar thilagam
8. In early days Kamal saar
9. appappo Poornam
10. Eppavume Shanmuga sundaram
11. Unarchi sooravali S.S.R
12. Unarchi pongal - K.R.V
13. million expression mahaveer Coconut srinivasan
14. Loud bell gounda bell
15. full time kannagi Vijayakumari
16. 'Stretched hand' Saroja devi(watch out for the killer pathos songs)
17. Melting pot Sivakumar
Curious thing is after most of them, the current crop of actors are inspired by frozen ammonia and nitrogen for their acting - pure DEADPAN - almost indistinguishable from set property - if you want an example of that - try focussing on sibi raj's face for 5 minutes, 6th minute you will be frozen.

crajkumar_be
4th April 2009, 01:38 AM

cuty2sweety
4th April 2009, 01:40 AM
What abt Manorama?Filmsla nalla nadipaanga aana reality tvla entha showva irunthaalum konjam adigamaave expression kodupaango? :x :x

omega
4th April 2009, 01:57 AM
What abt Manorama?Filmsla nalla nadipaanga aana reality tvla entha showva irunthaalum konjam adigamaave expression kodupaango? :x :x

Oh neenga P.Vasu padangalla Aachiya paarthathe illaya...
Romba overa nadippaanga...

app_engine
4th April 2009, 01:59 AM

Actually "middle days" was much worse :-) I don't know when I picked that DVD from Indian store, but 'gerAftAr' is in my home and from time to time my son "scares" my daughter with some portions of it (he loves the Amitabh-court-demo-escape-scene).

One should see Kamal making a joker of himself in this movie. The funniest part his his 'teekadai bench fight' which was a rippeettu from, I think TTT in TF :-)

omega
4th April 2009, 02:02 AM

Actually "middle days" was much worse :-) I don't know when I picked that DVD from Indian store, but 'gerAftAr' is in my home and from time to time my son "scares" my daughter with some portions of it (he loves the Amitabh-court-demo-escape-scene).

One should see Kamal making a joker of himself in this movie. The funniest part his his 'teekadai bench fight' which was a repeettu from, I think TTT in TF :-)

Pre Nayagan, there were some (not to the extent of Color films of Nadigar Thilagam)

cuty2sweety
4th April 2009, 02:03 AM

Oh neenga P.Vasu padangalla Aachiya paarthathe illaya...
Romba overa nadippaanga...

Hmm atha sonaa neraya peru ethirpaanganu thaan atha include panala :)

karthik_sa2
4th April 2009, 02:24 AM
savithri is another sob queen.
avanga sirichu paaththa gnaabagamE illa

:shock: navaraa3 oru movie podhum savithri versatality'a prove panna...

karthik_sa2
4th April 2009, 02:27 AM
kamal speaking english esp in his earlier movies ....rhomba over'a accent pottu artificial'a paesuvaar....even in devar magan "she has got neem oil on her head" :lol:

karthik_sa2
4th April 2009, 02:32 AM
how about TR-the terror...even the vise versa can be applied to him :)

also sombhu vijaykumar :)

karthik_sa2
4th April 2009, 02:35 AM
saroja devi esp when she utters the terrible "atttttttttttttttttttthhhhhhhhhhhhaan" with her hand covering her mouth :lol:

karthik_sa2
4th April 2009, 02:41 AM
ravichandran.....every part of his body will overact...he can never stand in a place still..have anyone noticed it...???

cuty2sweety
4th April 2009, 02:59 AM
how about TR-the terror...even the vise versa can be applied to him :)

also sombhu vijaykumar :)

How can v leave Simbhu behind(when he was a child artist)? :shock:
Classic example is that one movie which had TRR,Gowthami n simbhu as their son :x :x :x

Nerd
4th April 2009, 03:14 AM
saroja devi esp when she utters the terrible "atttttttttttttttttttthhhhhhhhhhhhaan" with her hand covering her mouth :lol:
Another vote :victory: Matter over!

Dilbert
4th April 2009, 03:45 AM
Nerd garu SRD mela eppadee oru kovamaa??

lol

Plum
4th April 2009, 09:25 AM
vijayakumari non-negotiable because once the final list is up, prabhuram pracharam pannuvar avangullakaga - appo visaranaila pala unmaigal theriya varum. Andha vaippai HUB izhakka koodaadhu.
Sowcar Janaki has way too much support - avangalai vidudhalai seigiraen.

Too many hero-heroines being quoted: Konjam kattupadula vekkanum.

Plum
4th April 2009, 09:27 AM
Jyothika confirmed due to overwhelming support from makkal

Plum
4th April 2009, 09:28 AM
Hmm..Savithri-a dismiss pannina inge oru kunju kuruma kooda therathu :x :evil:
Joe, savithri case already dismissed - telungulerundhu kooda quote pannuvom (as I already did) avangaloda acting-ku. No chance.

Plum
4th April 2009, 09:30 AM
Someone said Kannambal - that all one-emotion case. Pala emotion-la ponganum - sandhosham, thuyaram, veeram, negizhvu, ipdi endha emotion koduthalum ponganum - ipdi avanga multi-dimensional-?

Plum
4th April 2009, 09:32 AM
Vadivelu/Gounder - WHAT? Their job description is to exaggerate and make laugh - sorry, doesnt fall under the purview of this thread - this thread is for character artistes including hero/heroines who take their job too seriously like AVM Rajan.

Plum
4th April 2009, 09:33 AM
Thengai Srinivasan in serious roles is a good contender but he is trumped by contemporary King AVM Rajan - that and considering Thengai's good record in comedy, avarai viduthalai seigiraen.

Plum
4th April 2009, 09:36 AM
Updated list: Vijayakumari confirmed. Saroja Devi has strong case now - but Shaktiprabha promised to appear for her if things got hot so will let that continue

Confirmed Nominees:
4. Thambi Bala@CR's nominee 'Killer' Kalairaani
5. 'Pun'nagai arasi, 'Thirutheril varum silai' KR Vijaya
6. Indubitable Contemporary Empress of Quaint, Unfettered, Extra Emotional Nadippu - 'ICE QUEEN', if you missed it - Jyothika

1. Jaiganesh - ivarukku nalla description kodungappa
2. Since all elections need a few dummy minor candidates, V.S.Raghavan 3. Ravichandran vs Sivakumar vs 'Unarchi sooravali ' SSR
4. Asokan vs Radharavi vs ???? vs ??? vs ????
5. 'Stretched Hand' Sarojadevi vs others misc category - this will be addressed later after sorting out the above 2 categories
Jaiganesh and VS Ragavan seem so lightweight now

-edited-to-add-hubber-jaiganes's-descriptions-of-some-candidates

Plum
4th April 2009, 09:41 AM
6 people confirmed. Of that 3 heroines - 2 past and one contemporary. Suggest that we leave that demographic alone now - people, let's leave Sarojadevi alone. We need a better mix of demographic in the list.
Jaiganesh has reminded of some good candidates:
Next for the 7th/8th candidate, face-off
1.A hero preferrably, Ravichandran vs SSR vs add more names here
2. Villains - SA Asogan vs Radharavi vs add more names
Pls dont ask for both Asogan and Radharavi - we want the best of the best.

Plum
4th April 2009, 09:42 AM
3.Jaiganesh vs VS Ragavan vs add more names for mid-range character artistes who are neither too good to be in limelight nor too mediocre to be ignored.

Plum
4th April 2009, 09:46 AM
The above 3 categories will stretch the list to 9.
That 10th slot we can reopen for Sarojadevi vs other from the above 3 categories who are eventually rejected.
(i.e) 10th slot - miscellaneous category for strong contenders from previous categories who missed out. So far one nominee for this category vide Sarojadevi, who was strongly recommended but couldnt match the sheer genius of Vijayakumari in this regard. Similarly, the ones who lose out in Asokan vs Radharavi vs other villains etc, will come into this category and we can decide the 10th contender.
NOV, after we decide the list, we can open the poll so that people get to choose the best of the best!

rajasaranam
4th April 2009, 10:59 AM
I want to nominate T.Raajendhaar

Raikkonen
4th April 2009, 11:26 AM
i nominate sivakumar.. karna koduram..

Plum
4th April 2009, 11:43 AM
Raiks, added sivakumar so the playoff is raviC vs sivaK vs SSR

Plum
4th April 2009, 11:44 AM
RS, this title is too small for TR - avarai vuttudalame - if we bring him in, there will be no discussion and the fun will be lost

Waterloo
4th April 2009, 11:46 AM
I think Sivaji Ganesan of the late 70s also will qualify for this elite group .

dinesh13284
4th April 2009, 01:00 PM
I think Sivaji Ganesan of the late 70s also will qualify for this elite group . :exactly:

apadi sonna neraya per sandaiku varuvaanga

littlemaster1982
4th April 2009, 01:06 PM

Avanga kudumbamae aagadha :lol:

HonestRaj
4th April 2009, 01:10 PM

joe
4th April 2009, 01:22 PM
I think Sivaji Ganesan of the late 70s also will qualify for this elite group . :exactly:

apadi sonna neraya per sandaiku varuvaanga

:rotfl:

Nerd
4th April 2009, 01:48 PM
I think the EC has a soft corner for Sarojadevi :twisted:

rajasaranam
4th April 2009, 04:34 PM
I think the EC has a soft corner for Sarojadevi :twisted:

Soft Corner'aa :shock:

P_R
4th April 2009, 04:41 PM
Saroja Devi thEdhalil naan nadunilamai naan vaakkidaamal nadunilai vagikkirEn
SP idhai kuRiththukkoLLumaaru kEttukkoLgirEn

My point is: nadikkavE theriyAdhungarEn...neenga over-A nadikkiradhA solreenga... adhunaala kutrachchAttu sellAdhu.

Shakthiprabha.
4th April 2009, 04:58 PM

My point is: nadikkavE theriyAdhungarEn...neenga over-A nadikkiradhA solreenga... adhunaala kutrachchAttu sellAdhu.

:| (To myself: vendam sp vendam. summa iru )

Shakthiprabha.
4th April 2009, 04:59 PM
Btw, I am with rajasaranam.

I nominate T.RAJENDAR (unarchi pizhamba maariduvaar, for almost all dialogues and situations)

Vivasaayi
4th April 2009, 05:14 PM

Vivasaayi
4th April 2009, 05:15 PM

sivakumar as charecter artist was good.

But in Black and white movies..."nadippunna nadippu..apdi oru nadippu"

Plum
4th April 2009, 05:16 PM
Nerd, sarojadeviya? Edho naane kadamai unarvu karudhi nadunilamaiya irukkaen - illaina ore shove dhaan listkulla. And I'm with PR on nadikkave theriyadhu...

Main point is too many heroines in the list will take the limelight away from other category people - same reason applied to TR

Indha listla vijayakumari, krv jyothika moonu perum mupperundheviyar. Avangala vida sarojadevi desrerving in the listnu solla mudiyala...

Paarunga, KRV sonna vudane pattikattu pannaiyarlam quote panni oru unmainstream moment gavanatjukku vandhadhu. Once the list is put up we can hope to recall many such moments - sd pathi enna solla mudiyum - keechunu kathuvanga, gopal ipdi limited potential

(Seri compli irundha simplea en keratteraiye purinjikk mattengareengalenu simplea explain panni irupar.)

dinesh13284
4th April 2009, 05:17 PM

sivakumar as charecter artist was good.

But in Black and white movies..."nadippunna nadippu..apdi oru nadippu"

viberation nadippu.. :lol:

complicateur
4th April 2009, 05:18 PM
(Seri compli irundha simplea en keratteraiye purinjikk mattengareengalenu simplea explain panni irupar.)
SP - Please note.

BTW must throw SarOjA DEvi under the bus. Single handedly destroyed the name GopAl for all concerned.

Plum
4th April 2009, 05:19 PM
Saw the simbu nomination by mr-karthik - that gives me the realisation that one of the youngest and annoyingest proponents of the title of this thread has escaped attention so far.kadamayil evlo thavari vittaen - ladees and gendlemenan, presenting the peerless, multi-lingual, multi-medium, emotional atyachar of a kid - baby shalini!!!
No questions asked - direct nomination.
Discuss!

Shakthiprabha.
4th April 2009, 05:19 PM
I believe most elder gen artist fall in this purview. They did what was asked out of them. People wanted emotion to the power of two and thats was considered good return for money :?

Shakthiprabha.
4th April 2009, 05:20 PM
SP - Please note.

BTW must throw SarOjA DEvi under the bus. Single handedly destroyed the name GopAl for all concerned.

:lol2: NT didn't do less there :D :yessir:

Vivasaayi
4th April 2009, 05:21 PM
I believe most elder gen artist fall in this purview. They did what was asked out of them. People wanted emotion to the power of two and thats was considered good return for money :?

over acting thappilla...annoying over acting than thappu..

Shakthiprabha.
4th April 2009, 05:21 PM

over acting thappilla...annoying over acting than thappu..

:)

Vivasaayi
4th April 2009, 05:23 PM
SP - Please note.

:lol2: NT didn't do less there :D :yessir:

avarukitta kaapi keatta - konjam tikaashan adhigama potu kuduparu..

indhammaaku kaapiye poda theriyadhu..verum tikaashanthan

Shakthiprabha.
4th April 2009, 05:23 PM
This gives the urge to talk about ppl who GAVE less than 5 rupees worth

and...

ppl who gave EXACTLY 5 rupees worth :clap: A rare phenomenon :?

P_R
4th April 2009, 05:32 PM
one of the youngest and annoyingest proponents of the title of this thread. Has escaped attention so far.kadamayil evlo thavari vittaen - ladees and gendlemenan, presenting. The peerless, multi-lingual, multi-medium, emotional atyachar of a kid - baby shalini!!!

Yes yes.
ellArum vote-um naanE pOda aasaippadarEn

Years and years of a simple 3 line algorithm:

-bend head sideways till left-ear touches shoulder
-upon contact proceed in the opposite direction till right-ear tocuhes shoulder
-smile all the while even in , particularly when in, states of hopeless misery

Plum
4th April 2009, 05:36 PM
Shaktiprabha, andha less than 5 rs adutha thread :-)

Even given that people expected emotion to the power of 2, how do you explain a phenomenon like avm rajan? Sivaji ellam kondu vara koodadhu - avar nenacha underplay pannuvar,nenacha overplay pannuvar. And this is true of his 70's ouevre, too.
That is why I silipped in my dooty and pongufied myself when savithri was suggested - nerd,note:my soft corner actually was in savithri's case, and very few will argue that it is not deserved.

I'll summarise the current nominee list shortly

Plum
4th April 2009, 05:42 PM
The closest competitor to shalini will only be her own blood - chance illa. It runs in the family. Still akka akka dhaan.shalini wins a nomination and suddenly, it doesn't seem that avmr will have a walkover!

Shakthiprabha.
4th April 2009, 05:43 PM
one of the youngest and annoyingest proponents of the title of this thread. Has escaped attention so far.kadamayil evlo thavari vittaen - ladees and gendlemenan, presenting. The peerless, multi-lingual, multi-medium, emotional atyachar of a kid - baby shalini!!!

aaaaaaaaaaah! No more competition !

She was THE MOST SINGLE HANDEDLY ANNOYING artist one can ever dream of. I would like to put 999 votes on my behalf alone.

Shakthiprabha.
4th April 2009, 05:45 PM
The closest competitor to shalini will only be her own blood - chance illa. It runs in the family. Still akka akka dhaan.shalini wins a nomination and suddenly, it doesn't seem that avmr will have a walkover!

Nah she didn't even reach the boundary of the glory shalini had. I supp its iru kodugaL thathuvam. Shalini partha piragu, shamili was million times milder :|

Plum
4th April 2009, 05:48 PM
SP, true.

Simbu kodumai, shamili kodumai enbar
Shalinithan thiramai ariyadhor

Shakthiprabha.
4th April 2009, 05:51 PM
Ive never found avm rajan overacting :?
can u tell me some movies for me to recollect plum ?

Simbu kodumai, shamili kodumai enbar
Shalinithan thiramai ariyadhor

:rotfl2: I think this is one of the THE BEST words Ive laughed for in recent times :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Vivasaayi
4th April 2009, 05:59 PM
AV Rajan -

oru scenela car otuvar(otra madhiri acting ofcourse)..with sivaji singing with him i guess - in a hill road

lorry steeringa kooda andha alavukku thiruppa mudiyadhu...

Shakthiprabha.
4th April 2009, 06:03 PM
AV Rajan -

oru scenela car otuvar(otra madhiri acting ofcourse)..with sivaji singing with him i guess - in a hill road

lorry steeringa kooda andha alavukku thiruppa mudiyadhu...

Plum
4th April 2009, 06:28 PM
AVM Rajan pathi oru book podanum. I have the disadvantage of having only SUN TV to watch currently so given the hours I watch, I hardly get to remind myself of such wonderful 70's movies starring the likes of Rajan. On second thoughts, make that an advantage I have. Onnum specific-a gnabagam varalai - Stil, Vivs came to rescue and summarised the AVM Rajan style in one sentence - vivs, anadu nadula indha bowing in respect, saranagadhi icon ellam pottukkanga inga

jaiganes
4th April 2009, 06:32 PM
why is padmini not in the list?
ovvoru scenayum oru bharathanatiya arangetram maadhiri pannvaangale. LOUD is the only pitch in the acting manual of pappima.
I nominate her for this prestigious honour.
TR ai eppadi manidha nadigargal listle sekkaradhu? Bears sectionku kootittu poga.

Plum
4th April 2009, 06:37 PM
Jai, ipdi mathi mathi heroines-a kondu vandha naan enna pannuven? See, this whole list of heroines brought by people made me forget the great Baby Shalini until today. Idhu sari illai, let's have a separate thread for heroines as the next step - since we are getting a large number of heroines, Ippodhaikku, please concentrate on others. I am removing all heroines from the list, and keeping that for the next thread. Okayva?

rajasaranam
4th April 2009, 06:38 PM
why is padmini not in the list?
ovvoru scenayum oru bharathanatiya arangetram maadhiri pannvaangale. LOUD is the only pitch in the acting manual of pappima.
I nominate her for this prestigious honour.
TR ai eppadi manidha nadigargal listle sekkaradhu? Bears sectionku kootittu poga.

:lol: Vaanga vaanga unga case eduthu vainga.

Vivasaayi
4th April 2009, 06:39 PM
What about Ashokan - eee cccc...neenga yEn..indhaaa peraaaa....vituteengoooooo...

Plum
4th April 2009, 06:43 PM
people, come to a conclusion on heroines. Two options:
1. We have KRV, Mrs.Saravanan and Vijayakumari in the list - we can take this as a fairly representative sample of lead-actors of the female type in tamil film history and go on with just these 3 heroine options
2. Drop all heroines and focus on the AVM Rajan, Baby Shalini types alone. Enna irundhaalum Title second favourite Vijayakumariyai drop panna manasu varalai.
People, please let's finalse on option-1. I need your cooperation, please!

Plum
4th April 2009, 06:44 PM
Vivs, Asokan will playoff against Radharavi and similar villain candidates who overplayed, to win one of the 10 coveted places in the list - I have to say, Askokan will be front runner in this category

Vivasaayi
4th April 2009, 06:48 PM
Vivs, Asokan will playoff against Radharavi and similar villain candidates who overplayed, to win one of the 10 coveted places in the list - I have to say, Askokan will be front runner in this category

hmmm...ok

Raikkonen
4th April 2009, 06:48 PM

i like nagma :D

P_R
4th April 2009, 08:03 PM
I have to say, Askokan will be front runner in this category

Murugannnnnnn

Shakthiprabha.
4th April 2009, 08:13 PM

:thumbsup: :redjump:

sarna_blr
4th April 2009, 08:32 PM

:thumbsup: :redjump:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :yessir:

NOV
4th April 2009, 09:17 PM
What happened to my nomination of Jayanthi.

And how can you people forget azhugaachi no 1 Geetha?

And what about Saritha?

p/s: all above KB introductions. :shaking:

P_R
4th April 2009, 09:26 PM
What happened to my nomination of Jayanthi.

And how can you people forget azhugaachi no 1 Geetha?

And what about Saritha?

p/s: all above KB introductions. :shaking:

Jayanthi is not an overactress

She is impressive in Bama Vijayam
She holds her own reasonably well in Iru kOdugaL

by the way...this is NOT about sob-queen titles (adhukku appuram varuvOm).... This is about folks who overdo whatever they are supposed to do

NOV
4th April 2009, 09:33 PM
I hate Jayanthi and her voice. :x

the one person who overdoes everything is none other than goundamani :yessir:

Nerd
4th April 2009, 09:41 PM
Haven't seen much of vijayakumari, AVM Rajan etc. Actually how many films have they acted? The number should certainly be less than Sarojadevi's. Seri vidunga.

Shalini ellAm paavam. aRiyAdha vayasula EdhO pannittAnga. But she more than made up for it with AP and amarkkaLam. How I wished she had a longer stint as a heroine.

littlemaster1982
4th April 2009, 09:43 PM
Shalini ellAm paavam. aRiyAdha vayasula EdhO pannittAnga. But she more than made up for it with AP and amarkkaLam. How I wished she had a longer stint as a heroine.

Naan idhai vazhimozhigiren :mrgreen:

Plum
4th April 2009, 09:53 PM
Nerd, heroinedku oru thani thread podalam. Literally, inge ellorum heroines peroda dhaan varanga.separate thread decided.
(Idhula KB intros-nu oru thani category-e podvaaru polirukkku CEC!)

P_R
4th April 2009, 10:08 PM
Shalini ellAm paavam. aRiyAdha vayasula EdhO pannittAnga. But she more than made up for it with AP and amarkkaLam.

You have obviously not been scarred deeply enough.
innoru jenmam eduththu , adhula nalla nadichchu... appayum kastam..

AlaipAyuthE yes.
amarkaLam, piriyAdha varam vENdum ellAm redemption-A ...

Nerd
4th April 2009, 10:13 PM
I liked her in amarkkaLam. PVV-la kOvai saraLa irunthathanaal shalini thappichittAnga, if you know what I mean :twisted:

P_R
4th April 2009, 10:14 PM
enakku Shalini-yOda acting-a paarthAlE nadia - whose alattal I hate passionately - nyAbagam varudhu. Particularly in AmarkaLam.

joe
4th April 2009, 10:17 PM
enakku Shalini-yOda acting-a paarthAlE nadia - whose alattal I hate passionately - nyAbagam varudhu. Particularly in AmarkaLam.

Pothuva ithu Manirathnam padathu heroine characters ellathukkum porunthum . :)

Plum
4th April 2009, 10:25 PM
After a long thought, I am alarmed at the direction the thread is taking and reducing it to discuss mainstream offenders such as Jyothika, SarojaDevi etc. Besides, I yam not happy at hubber after hubber targetting thaikkulams(heroines). Pommanatti karainja nekku thaangadhu theriyumo?

I think we'll have just 2 out of KRV, Jyothika and Vijayakumari for this thread and create a separate thaikkulam-azhivachi-queen thread as it seems to be a popular category.

Update of list follows and a request for a separate thread with nominees based on popular choice will follow that.

P_R
4th April 2009, 10:25 PM
No no

Shalini was pretty good in AlaipayudhE

MR heroines are generally pretty good - its the kids who need to be spanked

Nadia paRRi naan eppidi solli puriya vaippEn - paaththaalE oru inam puriyaadha veRuppu

Shakthiprabha.
4th April 2009, 10:30 PM
Though its not her fault, abs no excuse to shalini (my personal feeling) shez really irritated kids(teenagers) of those days and I cant ever forgive the nausea IVe had after watching her and listening to her mazhalai mozhi :mad: , I think I did carry grudge against her as an artist when she banged back all charged as a heroine. IT took long long time for me to get over the irritation .

sivank
4th April 2009, 10:30 PM
what about mu.ka. muthu. onnume illaadha aaalla appadi oru zoom koduthu thooki vittaanga. idhu 5 rooba 10 rooba case kidayaathu. jackpot lakhs and crores thaan

Plum
4th April 2009, 10:32 PM
sivank, mu ka muthu ellam 1000-ruba-kodutha-oru-paisakku-nadikkara thread-la varuvaanga. Eventually, we will reach there - konjam waiteese. Adhukkaga thaan inge HUB-la hard work pannikittirukken

Shakthiprabha.
4th April 2009, 10:32 PM
M R Radha, enna situation a irunthaalum over - a kathi, over-emote panni (athum bayangaramaana oru voice la kathal vera) thaakiduvaarE :?

Shakthiprabha.
4th April 2009, 10:33 PM
sivank, mu ka muthu ellam 1000-ruba-kodutha-oru-paisakku-nadikkara thread-la varuvaanga. Eventually, we will reach there - konjam waiteese. Adhukkaga thaan inge HUB-la hard work pannikittirukken

:D

Shakthiprabha.
4th April 2009, 10:34 PM
Pommanatti karainja nekku thaangadhu theriyumo?

:D

joe
4th April 2009, 10:35 PM
M R Radha, enna situation a irunthaalum over - a kathi, over-emote panni (athum bayangaramaana oru voice la kathal vera) thaakiduvaarE :?

ennada neenga ithuvarai ithai solla varalliye-nnu yosichen :lol:

joe
4th April 2009, 10:37 PM
what about mu.ka. muthu. onnume illaadha aaalla appadi oru zoom koduthu thooki vittaanga. idhu 5 rooba 10 rooba case kidayaathu. jackpot lakhs and crores thaan

MUKA Muthuvaiyellam consider panni discuss paNnittirukkangannu therinja avar evvaLavu santhosha paduvar :)

littlemaster1982
4th April 2009, 10:37 PM
MR heroines are generally pretty good - its the kids who need to be spanked

:lol: :lol:

Shakthiprabha.
4th April 2009, 10:38 PM

ennada neenga ithuvarai ithai solla varalliye-nnu yosichen :lol:

I KNEW u would reply for this :lol2:

sivank
4th April 2009, 10:39 PM
how about namma k.balaajee saar. billaaaaaa mariyaaaadhaiyaaa veliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiyaa vandhudu...

namma special majot sunderrajan: kandippaa kidayaadhu, definitely no

Shakthiprabha.
4th April 2009, 10:39 PM
// oru beautiful vasanam irukkum baama vijayathula

Sowar: (amazing acting :clap: ): Ratha thilakathula m.r. radha kathara mathiri katharaarda...che- nnu indha flaska avar mugathulaiyE vitterinjuttu vanthudaren

Nagesh: moonjilaiye vittadikkanam aamam :clap:

//

sivank
4th April 2009, 10:41 PM

MUKA Muthuvaiyellam consider panni discuss paNnittirukkangannu therinja avar evvaLavu santhosha paduvar :)

pillayo pillai, pookaari, anayaa vilakku padangalukku avanga adicha kooththu innum pasumaiyaa gnyabagathula irukku joe :lol:

Plum
4th April 2009, 10:42 PM

Adhaan. Nerd, idhellam ungalukku puriyadhu. 'Baby' Shalini-yai pala mozhila paartha engalukku dhaan adhoda vali theriyum. See Shaktiprabha's post for the impact she has had on people who saw her first hand then. Even as I type this 'Bandham' comes to my mind and the chair I am sitting in shakes involuntarily.

joe
4th April 2009, 10:43 PM
SP,
Raththa Kaneer-lam only fossiple for MR Radha :yes:

IMO ,NT maathiri kooda innoru nadigan oru veLai vanthudalam ..Aana M R Radha maathiri ..no chance .. An unique actor :thumbsup:

Intha arguement-kke naan varalla. :)

Shakthiprabha.
4th April 2009, 10:44 PM
Adhaan. Nerd, idhellam ungalukku puriyadhu. 'Baby' Shalini-yai pala mozhila paartha engalukku dhaan adhoda vali theriyum. See Shaktiprabha's post for the impact she has had on people who saw her first hand then. Even as I type this 'Bandham' comes to my mind and the chair I am sitting in shakes involuntarily.

yes! only the ppl of those era know the pain :cry: bandham :cry3:
sivaji vera kooda sernthu romba paduthittaar :mad: but I did cry in the climax for sivaji :|

'Bandham' comes to my mind and the chair I am sitting in shakes involuntarily

:lol2: ninaikavE avlo kaduppa irukku, evlo pesinaalum aarathu :lol2:

Shakthiprabha.
4th April 2009, 10:44 PM
SP,
Raththa Kaneer-lam only fossiple for MR Radha :yes:

IMO ,NT maathiri kooda innoru nadigan oru veLai vanthudalam ..Aana M R Radha maathiri ..no chance .. An unique actor :thumbsup:

Intha arguement-kke naan varalla. :)

:D sari vidunga :) :truce:

Nerd
4th April 2009, 10:46 PM

Plum, heroyinis maadhiri sild artist-ayum freeyA viduvOm? entha sild artist likeable-A irunthirukkAnga? From kutti padmini to Anju to shalini to keerthanA?

joe
4th April 2009, 10:46 PM

pillayo pillai, pookaari, anayaa vilakku padangalukku avanga adicha kooththu innum pasumaiyaa gnyabagathula irukku joe :lol:

Pillaiyo pillai padaththai thodangi vachathe MGR thaan :lol: Arasiyalla ithellam sagajam ..Vidunga 8-)

Vivasaayi
4th April 2009, 10:47 PM
gandhimathi

enna peththaa raasaaaaa

sivank
4th April 2009, 10:47 PM
gandhimathi

enna peththaa raasaaaaa
sooooppppeer hit farmer :D

Nerd
4th April 2009, 10:48 PM
Whats the name of the guy who acted as Poornima's daddy in kiLinjalgaL and thanga magan? A stereotyped christian dad - Gopalakrishnan? avrru bloody irritating.

Shakthiprabha.
4th April 2009, 10:49 PM
oh thats poornam vishwanathan :D

sivank
4th April 2009, 10:51 PM
Thanks for reminding Kasi. Top of the class V.Gopalakrishnan

Nerd
4th April 2009, 10:52 PM
oh thats poornam vishwanathan :D
illai SP. Poornam Vichu is very popular, that guy is not that popular. Avaru pEru V.Gopalakrishnan-nu ninaikkiREn :)

Shakthiprabha.
4th April 2009, 10:54 PM
hmm :? yaar v. gopalakrishnan? I am not able to recollect the face. I always get confused with poornam vishwanathan and one more guy :?

Vivasaayi
4th April 2009, 10:58 PM
hmm :? yaar v. gopalakrishnan? I am not able to recollect the face. I always get confused with poornam vishwanathan and one more guy :?

avarthanga thamizhnaatoda aasthana IG - retiremente kedayadhu..

Nee olunga saranadanjidu..ingirundhu thappikka vazhiye kedayadhu

well done my boy

unna nenacha enakku perumaya irukku

Nerd
4th April 2009, 10:58 PM
Short, dark, thick black framed spects. Avaru photo google-la illai :oops:

Shakthiprabha.
4th April 2009, 10:59 PM
aaaaaaaaa now i can place him :D yes
I think he acted with NT, muthuraman in "nenjirukkum varai"

joe
4th April 2009, 11:00 PM

Have you seen SiRai? athula kooda sinceare police kaarana varuvar

Vivasaayi,
Kaakki sattaila neenga sonna dialogue-lam sollurathu ivar thaane ? :roll:

littlemaster1982
4th April 2009, 11:01 PM

Maharaasan-la doctor-a varuvaare.

VKR: Avangalukku ninaivu thirumba varuma doctor?

VG: Varalaam, varaamalum pogalaam, poittum varalaam, illai vandhuttum pogalaam.

Goundamani: Adhu enna Pallavan bus-a? :lol:

joe
4th April 2009, 11:01 PM
aaaaaaaaa now i can place him :D yes
I think he acted with NT, muthuraman in "nenjirukkum varai"

Exactly!

Vivasaayi
4th April 2009, 11:02 PM

Vivasaayi,
avarethan
:)

Nerd
4th April 2009, 11:03 PM

Vivasaayi,
Yes, yes. Also in,
Johnny - IG
Dharmayuddham - Rajini's daddy.

sivank
Darling darling darling la suman father aa varuvaaru. ada innoru kandidatum kidaachaachu. how about senthaamarai?

Shakthiprabha.
to all,

purinju pochunga.....purinju pochu :ty:

thamizhvaanan
4th April 2009, 11:04 PM
Plum, heroyinis maadhiri sild artist-ayum freeyA viduvOm? entha sild artist likeable-A irunthirukkAnga? From kutti padmini to Anju to shalini to keerthanA?How about the kid from poovizhi vasaliley?

There were several noteworthy child artist performance, but as you said I cant remember anyone who was consistently good. Perhaps the directors are to be blamed :?

Shakthiprabha.
4th April 2009, 11:05 PM
Nerd, I didn't find kutti padmini or anju or sreedevi or kamalhassan or poovizhi vasalile kid or even master sridhar over performing :)

Vivasaayi
4th April 2009, 11:06 PM
K.R.Vijaya - :mrgreen: nu enneramum oru ilippu...

:boo: ipdi oru nadai...

Nerd
Darling darling darling la suman father aa varuvaaru. ada innoru kandidatum kidaachaachu. how about senthaamarai?
Wasn't he genuinely good in thooRal ninnu pOchu, thambikku entha ooru among others?

SP, OK :)

Vivasaayi
baby shalini :swinghead:

Shakthiprabha.
4th April 2009, 11:07 PM
krv also used to do one weird lip biting and movement which is sooooooooooo irking :evil: She didn't continue it as heroine though.

thamizhvaanan
4th April 2009, 11:07 PM
Why there is no poll in this thread? :huh:

Ennoda mudhal votu Padmini avargaluku :bow:

Avanga eppo unarchi vasa pattalum naanum unarchi vasapattu channela maathiduven.. apperpatta nadippu!

Shakthiprabha.
4th April 2009, 11:08 PM
Avanga eppo unarchi vasa pattalum naanum unarchi vasapattu channela maathiduven.. apperpatta nadippu!

Vivasaayi
4th April 2009, 11:08 PM
Why there is no poll in this thread? :huh:

Ennoda mudhal votu Padmini avargaluku :bow:

andha mugathula evlo litre unarchiya venalum kottalam...salikadhu :P

Shakthiprabha.
4th April 2009, 11:09 PM
plum is gonna announce again "to spare heroines" :)

Nerd
Plum, heroyinis maadhiri sild artist-ayum freeyA viduvOm? entha sild artist likeable-A irunthirukkAnga? From kutti padmini to Anju to shalini to keerthanA?How about the kid from poovizhi vasaliley?

Baby Sujitha. Dialogues illai, so :mrgreen: Poll-kku ippO dhAn nominations collect pannRAru Plum :)

thamizhvaanan
andha mugathula evlo litre unarchiya venalum kottalam...sagikadhu :P

Vivasaayi
4th April 2009, 11:10 PM
andha mugathula evlo litre unarchiya venalum kottalam...sagikadhu :P

allo....this forgery..

vaijeyanthi mala and padmini are two heroines whom u can tolerate for whatever they do... :mrgreen:

thamizhvaanan
4th April 2009, 11:11 PM

Baby Sujitha. Dialogues illai, so :mrgreen: Poll-kku ippO dhAn nominations collect pannRAru Plum :)

But still verupethalala :P

I think SP is right. Kutti padmini was also not that bad at all.

ohh.. nomination round thaan odudhaa... appo pathu maniku pathu nomination podungappa...

thamizhvaanan
4th April 2009, 11:14 PM
allo....this forgery..

vaijeyanthi mala and padmini are two heroines whom u can tolerate for whatever they do... :mrgreen:
Vaijeyanthi maala othukalaam... hi5!!!

Padmini.. noway!! :evil: avanga eppo peel pannalum automatic a left hand fracture aana madhiri thooki vechupaanga. Only time this disease was palatable was when she danced for nalamthaana song.

VENKIRAJA
4th April 2009, 11:17 PM
Where is Prathap Pothan? :mad: Some other idiots... pEru marandhu pOguthu.. I will post soon..

Vivasaayi
4th April 2009, 11:18 PM
allo....this forgery..

Padmini.. noway!!avanga eppo peel pannalum automatic a left hand fracture aana madhiri thooki vechupaanga. Only time this disease was palatable was when she danced for nalamthaana song.

no..never. . .!

joe
4th April 2009, 11:20 PM
Some other idiots...

Plum searching for idiots? :roll:

Shakthiprabha.
4th April 2009, 11:20 PM
Pratap pothan :shock: is such a perfect artist, I wonder if he does anything other than smile in s uggestive way :|

Shakthiprabha.
4th April 2009, 11:21 PM
Vaijayanthimala is cute :D
padmini is... okei... good.. I supp :|

VENKIRAJA
4th April 2009, 11:27 PM
allo....this forgery..

Padmini.. noway!! :evil: avanga eppo peel pannalum automatic a left hand fracture aana madhiri thooki vechupaanga. Only time this disease was palatable was when she danced for nalamthaana song.

GM: "Ai..saddAp mEn.. sAddAp!"
:twisted:
Don't touch there. avingaLa chinna vayasula louu paNNikittu irundhEn. :yessir:

joe
4th April 2009, 11:29 PM
avingaLa chinna vayasula louu paNNikittu irundhEn. :yessir:

Avinga chinna vayasula iruntha potha? :)