PDA

View Full Version : Thaanga mudyiadha 5-rooba-kodutha-10-roobaikki pongum actors

Pages : 1 [2] 3

VENKIRAJA
4th April 2009, 11:30 PM
Some other idiots...

Plum searching for idiots? :roll:

:notthatway:
You should see Mr.Nithin Sathya in Pandhayam- Perfectly suiting thread's title. I find the likes of Prithiviraj irritating as well.

P_R
4th April 2009, 11:42 PM
entha sild artist likeable-A irunthirukkAnga? From kutti padmini to Anju to shalini to keerthanA?

Ananda Jothi, pArthAl pasi Theerum are competent performances

kaLathoor kaNnammA range-E vEra endearing without being cloying

idhellAm appidiyE varradhu

Plum
5th April 2009, 12:02 AM
// oru beautiful vasanam irukkum baama vijayathula

Sowar: (amazing acting :clap: ): Ratha thilakathula m.r. radha kathara mathiri katharaarda...che- nnu indha flaska avar mugathulaiyE vitterinjuttu vanthudaren

Nagesh: moonjilaiye vittadikkanam aamam :clap:

//
SP, thanks for illustrating your point with a specific example
People,
ipdi specific-a quote panni post pannuravangala paartha romba sandhoshama irukku - idhai idhai thaan naan edhirpaarkirean. Indha poll, candidates elllame oru framework dhaan - the intention is to bring out your experience of such specific scenes and how you interpret it in the context of the current discussion.

Plum
5th April 2009, 12:07 AM
nerd, sujitha, kamalhassan. Even daisy irani was tolerable - we cannot explain away Shalini's performance as a 'baby'. Thirubavum solraen- naan malayalam, telugu ellam kooda quote pannuven. Pala mozhila avasthai pattirukken - avangalai mattum list-lerundhu edukkaradha illai.

Nerd
5th April 2009, 12:16 AM
Anandha Jyothi pArthathilleeng. PPT was good, KaLathUr nyaabagam illeeng. Anyway I see where you guys are coming from but blanket-A rejett dhAn with some exceptions here and there. For e.g. Shamili was stunning in Anjali, given her age esra..

P_R
5th April 2009, 12:23 AM
For e.g. Shamili was stunning in Anjali, given her age esra..

Anjali was perhaps the best 'performance' in that family - just to clarify - naan 'blood' relations-ai mattum dhaan solrEn.

Shamili's other works include Durga, thEvar veettu poNNu, aadi veLLi esra esra esra. But even then , I refer you to the couplet in the previous page by Plum regarding comparisons with Shalini.

equanimus
5th April 2009, 12:58 AM
Shalini ellAm paavam. aRiyAdha vayasula EdhO pannittAnga. But she more than made up for it with AP and amarkkaLam. How I wished she had a longer stint as a heroine.
Must say I share Nerd's sentiment here. Kids are in general exploited to no end in Tamil films. Anyway, I don't remember much at all of her long illustrious (!) career as a child artiste. So I'm probably just lucky.

But I'll say this much. Her very short career as a female lead had much to commend with respect to how much it stood apart from the normal heroine persona. One just has to look at how clueless all her co-stars were when they shared screen space with her! It was almost as if they were just not cut out for her (I mean, in the respective films, not in real life!). While one appreciates someone like a Simran or a Bhanu Priya, avanga ellAm evvaLO late piggup! I can positively say that no other contemporary actress (from the 90s) carried herself with the sort of dignity as she did within just a couple of films.

P_R
5th April 2009, 01:04 AM
Plum, equanimar-ai pEsai vittOm "Brutus is an honorable man" range-ku pEsi table-ai thiruppiruvaar. sattu buttu-nu list-la sEththurunga.

indha dikkinity matter-ai konjam psychoanalyze paNNa vEndi irukku. appuramaa... :wave:

equanimus
5th April 2009, 01:14 AM
indha dikkinity matter-ai konjam psychoanalyze paNNa vEndi irukku. appuramaa... :wave:
paNNuvOm. Let's just take any other actress from the 90s and see if she wasn't made to look like a bimbo waiting for the wave of approval from the macho hero boy and to be 'reared' by him. Who is the best candidate for the contest?

cancer
5th April 2009, 01:39 AM
Anjali was perhaps the best 'performance' in that family - just to clarify - naan 'blood' relations-ai mattum dhaan solrEn.

But I'll say this much. Her very short career as a female lead had much to commend with respect to how much it stood apart from the normal heroine persona. One just has to look at how clueless all her co-stars were when they shared screen space with her! It was almost as if they were just not cut out for her (I mean, in the respective films, not in real life!).

again and again u people dont need to prove something :lol2:

othukkurom, naanga appdithan.

equanimus
5th April 2009, 01:52 AM
Cancer,
Not like that. :) (Just to clarify, I had not read that post from PR when I wrote mine.) We, the disbelief-suspending audience, often tend to mix up on-screen persona of actors with their real-life persona. I guess my statement would have sounded quite conspicuous if said without that footnote (at least I was conscious of it when saying that) because I was touching upon "equation" and suchlike, and she married one of those actors later. In this kind of scenario, I'd have made the same clarification whoever the actor in question is. Seriously.

equanimus
5th April 2009, 02:18 AM
Nerd, I didn't find kutti padmini or anju or sreedevi or kamalhassan or poovizhi vasalile kid or even master sridhar over performing :)
LOL! You got to be kidding, SP!

Prabo
5th April 2009, 03:34 AM
For e.g. Shamili was stunning in Anjali, given her age esra..

Shamili's other works include Durga, thEvar veettu poNNu, aadi veLLi esra esra esra. But even then , I refer you to the couplet in the previous page by Plum regarding comparisons with Shalini.

Is this anyway related to the topic or the discussion going on..
Why bring family, 'blood' relation, distant relation, etc, etc :twisted:

Athaan sattiyila illana mudivu panniteengala :cry: Aprrom chumma chumma ethuku :curse:

Plum
5th April 2009, 10:31 AM
Pr, keep off ajith-vijay fans. Enakku ir-arr fans sandai kooda pesi theerthudlamnu nambikkai irukku. Ajith-vijay vs rest of the filmdom sandai adhukkellam apparpattadhu. Ennala mudiyadhu. Indha threadla venaam. I know you added disclaimer in that post itself but vambe venaam, reference venaam.

Shalini confirmed even though I see where eq and nerd are coming from w.r.t the grown up shalini.

Plum
5th April 2009, 10:35 AM
Eq, serious? Sridevi, anju in the same bucket as shalini?

littlemaster1982
5th April 2009, 10:37 AM
Shalini confirmed even though I see where eq and nerd are coming from w.r.t the grown up shalini.

I vehemently oppose the inclusion of Shalini in the list :evil:

cancer
5th April 2009, 11:20 AM
Pr, keep off ajith-vijay fans. Enakku ir-arr fans sandai kooda pesi theerthudlamnu nambikkai irukku. Ajith-vijay vs rest of the filmdom sandai adhukkellam apparpattadhu. Ennala mudiyadhu. Indha threadla venaam. I know you added disclaimer in that post itself but vambe venaam, reference venaam.

Plum sir, u people discuss criticize what ever u want to, but why at the end that " vambe venam type" ekathalam. ? just want to show " kilambi vanthiruvanugappa ethukkeduthalum" ? its irritating .

viraajan
5th April 2009, 11:26 AM

:lol:

Forward SMSes varum pArunga.... aniyAyathukku adichuppAnga... sema kaamedy :rotfl:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
5th April 2009, 11:26 AM
//digg (ippellaam ethukku intha digg pdanum, avasiyame illaye nnu thonuthu :lol: hub holy cows :lol2: kaaga thaan podren

5 roobai ticket koduthaa 50 roobai worth pilim kaatturavar, i mean in good sense, namma thalaiver thaannu thonuthu

1. Dasa vai vida periya egjampul ithukku kedayaathu! 60 crores of makeup, tsunami, spl effects, ferfarmance ellaathayum parthuttu vakkanayaa nolla solrom

2. Masaala mannan KSr quotes - ticket kaasu antha 10 roles a screenla paakkurathukku mattume sariya pochu, mathathellaam free thaan!

3. thaleevar's comedy philims, we get these type of comments

- ovvoru murayum ovvoru pheeling!
- oru sokku purinji sirikkarathukulla adutha sokku
- ore scenela ovvoru charecterum ovvoru cornerla ovvuru seshtai pannitrupaanga. multiple viewsla bore adikaathu

eventho this is not the case for all comedies, it is, for couple of films

//end digg

sarna_blr
5th April 2009, 12:17 PM
1. Pr, keep off ajith-vijay fans.
2. Enakku ir-arr fans sandai kooda pesi theerthudlamnu nambikkai irukku
oh :o idhudhaan neutral'aa :? unga neutrality ippadhaanganaa puriyudhu :P nadaththunga :wink:

Plum
5th April 2009, 01:02 PM
Updated list:
1.Since no. of lead actresses being quoted is too many, I am diversifying that, and retaining only 2 lead actresses here - KRV and Vijayakumari - this is because the chargesheets have been laid against them here in detail, and any delay in processing their cases will only make their cases fuzzy - 100 nirabaradhi escape analum oru kutravaali thappikka koodadhu endra nallennathil, avangalai retain pandren
2. Jyothika, Sarojadevi, Padmini, Saritha ellam pudhu thread-la, oru pudhu titlekaga face-off pannuvanga. We can do it in parallel in another thread if someone volunteers to take up election duties in that thread
3. In the interest of expediting this thread, adding Baby Shalini and Asokan in this thread's list with immediate effect.

Confirmed Nominees:
1. Title Favourite AVM Rajan
2. 'Pen Puli', 'Ponga Paanai' Vijayakumari
3. Unarchi Pizhambu 'Sikkal' ShanmughaSundaram
4. Thambi Bala@CR's nominee 'Killer' Kalairaani
5. 'Pun'nagai arasi, 'Thirutheril varum silai' KR Vijaya
6. Asokannnnnnnn
7. Multi-lingual, multi-emotion, multi-expression torture princess 'Baby' Shalini
[/b]

To-be-confirmed Nominees:
1. Jaiganesh - ivarukku nalla description kodungappa
2. Since all elections need a few dummy minor candidates, V.S.Raghavan
3. Ravichandran vs 'Melting Pot' Sivakumar vs 'Unarchi sooravali ' SSR

-edited-to-add-hubber-jaiganes's-description-of-sivakumar

Plum
5th April 2009, 01:03 PM
sarna_blr, I was just alluding to the sensitivity of the said fans. Edhavdhu thappa solli irundha mannichudungappa. Andha panchayathu vera engeyavadhu paarthukkalam.

Plum
5th April 2009, 01:07 PM
[tscii:426b7384f1]Let's focus on Sivakumar vs Ravichandran vs SSR - for my money, Surya's dad is the favourite here.
In a
review of Ghajini (http://www.stochastica.net/2005/10/04/memento-redux)
by the blogger Karthik of Stochastica, he alluded to an imaginary conversation between Sivakumar and Surya, that simultaneously parodies Sivakumar's life work as a character artiste and Surya's head-twisting act in Ghajini:
"...A conversation between Surya and his Dad:

“Dad, I have this role in this new movie and I am supposed to be an amnesiac for good two hours. Any advice?”

“Drink coconut water, don’t smoke, don’t drink, do Yoga and get out of your relationship with Jothika.”

“Dad, I asked for acting tips, not this crap.”

“Oh, ok. Have you seen me act angry in movies?”

“You mean where you keep your body erect, roll your eyes and shake your head robotically back and forth?”

“Yes. Exactly. Do that.”

For once, Surya listened to his dad.

"

Idhukku mela sivakumar candidature-ku better testimonial kidaikkadhu![/tscii:426b7384f1]

Plum
5th April 2009, 01:26 PM
indha dikkinity matter-ai konjam psychoanalyze paNNa vEndi irukku. appuramaa...

Yes, pannanum.

Plum
5th April 2009, 01:37 PM
Baby Shalini's incomparable contribution to the conversion of tamil cinema kids into 'adolescent/over-ripe/veteran by birth' status:

This is a book waiting to be written. For now, my humble contribution will be a germ of an idea for a chapter:

There is this movie called Nilavae Malarae. This is especially a must-watch for Prabhuram. For, as though, one Nadia wasn't enough to challenge the audience, it had her in a double role, Rahman to complement as the pair for one of them, and if that was not enough, Lankeswaran Rajesh opposite the other Nadia.
Then, there was Baby Shalini.
In all the melee, the only consolation prize for the viewer is that one of the Nadias kicks the bucket - wait, did I say consolation? Take that back. That is only a cue for Rajesh and Shalini to get the other Nadia as a surrogate mother for the insufferable kid, and the associated complications with the question of what that means as a relationship for Rajesh.

Let's stick to Baby Shalini. She plays the precocious kid that Shalini pioneered, who understands issues way beyond her size and years, and plays a big part in getting the second Nadia and Rajesh together as a substitute for her dead mother(also Nadia). Infact, the combination of Nadia and Shalini is so deadly that Rahman decides to consume poison in the climax, thus paving the way for the made-for-each-other pair of Baby Shalini and Nadia to get together, with Rajesh left to face the resultant mess.

Anyway, thats the story, and unlike Kutti Padmini, who resorted to 'childlike' means in Kuzhandhaiyum Deivamum, here Shalini has to think beyond her maturity. One of the pivotal scenes involve Shalini insisting that she'll go to school only if her parents kiss her, brings Nadia to her right, and Rajesh to her left, shows cheek to Nadia and facing Rajesh's cheek, and withdraws at a strategical moment.

The annoying writing of the scene apart,
'Baby' Shalini brought her own impish self alive in this scene, and added a dimension that even the fertile writer-director S.A.Chandrasekhar couldnt have thought of, and scarred my childhood forever.

'Baby' Shalini - only those who have experienced can measure the magnitude of her impact. One of a kind.

Plum
5th April 2009, 01:41 PM
sarna, i'm not the expert on this. Andha thread ellam naan poradhe illai. General-a, experience based on their reactions in other threads vechu sonnen. Inime, idhu pathi vaaya thirakkarena paarunga...

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
5th April 2009, 01:41 PM
she may have done some duds, but baby shalini iw what one remembers when thinking of a girl child artists, esp around 85's. in boys sector there are few handful, like tinku but very less in girls

littlemaster1982
5th April 2009, 01:42 PM
3. In the interest of expediting this thread, adding Baby Shalini in this thread's list with immediate effect.

Evlo solliyum kekkama :evil: :curse:

Plum
5th April 2009, 01:53 PM
LM1982, sorrypa, 'Baby' Shalini-ai mannikkave mudiyadhu - neengallam modhalla avangala Alaipaaythae-la paarthuttu appappo pazhaiya padathula child artiste-a paarkareengalo ennavo? We were scarred in our childhood by 'Baby' Shalini. The adult Shalini's dignity cannot make up for that. Kashtapattu case-file ellam pottirukkome. Romba oppose pannineengana, next case on Shalini will come from Malayalam. Appuram Telugu. As I said, multi-lingual torture. Anubavichavangalukku dhaan puriyum

littlemaster1982
5th April 2009, 01:56 PM
Honestly, I haven't seen her films when she was child artiste. Chinna vayasa irukkumbodhu director enna solraaro adhudhaane panna mudiyum :huh: She can be give some slack, IMO.

Nerd, Eq and I are against her inclusion in the list. Neengalum SP akkavumdhan andha side-la irukkeenga. 3-2 - Selladhu selladhu :twisted:

Plum
5th April 2009, 01:58 PM
LM1982 - explain pandradhu kashtam. Oru dhabaa Bandham paartheengana puriyum - she maintains her style across languages and movies and that can only be called her talent - ella directorum ore maadhirya solli tharuvaanga?

equanimus
5th April 2009, 02:01 PM
Eq, serious? Sridevi, anju in the same bucket as shalini?
ada, that comment was in response to Master Sridhar's inclusion. I highlighted his name in bold to indicate the same. Over-performing is probably the only thing the man knew as a kid.

Plum
5th April 2009, 02:05 PM
oh ok, I read in a medium that doesnt recognise bold fonts hence missed that subtlety.

P_R
5th April 2009, 02:06 PM
cancer/Prabo, relevance-E illAdha idathula summA appidi sonnA sirippA irukkum-nu attempt paNNEn.... Joke flop aayirichu. :oops:
I understand the "its not funny when someone keeps harping on it" feeling. I will lie low for some time.

Plum, bang-on about nilavE malarE. I think I trace the legacy route there. adhai naan theatre-la paaththEn. I had an abusive childhood.

Infact, the combination of Nadia and Shalini is so deadly that Rahman decides to consume poison in the climax, thus paving the way for the made-for-each-other pair of Baby Shalini and Nadia to get together, with Rajesh left to face the resultant mess. :rotfl: Some friend.. !

P_R
5th April 2009, 02:07 PM
3. In the interest of expediting this thread, adding Baby Shalini in this thread's list with immediate effect.

Evlo solliyum kekkama :evil: :curse:

Vadivelu to Vijay in Sachin: evvaLavu mukkunaalum nadakkAdhu :lol2:

equanimus
5th April 2009, 02:07 PM
Nerd, Eq and I are against her inclusion in the list.
nAn 'against' ellAm illinga. (summA vEdikkai pAkkaRa kUttam 'nu vecchikkOngaLEn.) EdhO cheinga.

P_R
5th April 2009, 02:08 PM
Honestly, I haven't seen her films when she was child artiste. Chinna vayasa irukkumbodhu director enna solraaro adhudhaane panna mudiyum :huh: She can be give some slack, IMO.

Nerd, Eq and I are against her inclusion in the list. Neengalum SP akkavumdhan andha side-la irukkeenga. 3-2 - Selladhu selladhu :twisted:

enna neenga.... Naan oru 20 vote pOttirukkEn

Plum
5th April 2009, 02:14 PM
Recommendation for Separate Thread for 'Over-expressive Heroines'

1. Oru shot-ku 1000 expressions kodukkum '1000-wallah' Jyothika
2. 'Gopaalllll' Sarojadevi
3. 'Nattiya Peroli', 'Bhaavakalajothi' Padmini
Let's start a new thread for this, and attack heartfully there.

Plum
5th April 2009, 02:18 PM
one of the youngest and annoyingest proponents of the title of this thread. Has escaped attention so far.kadamayil evlo thavari vittaen - ladees and gendlemenan, presenting. The peerless, multi-lingual, multi-medium, emotional atyachar of a kid - baby shalini!!!

aaaaaaaaaaah! No more competition !

She was THE MOST SINGLE HANDEDLY ANNOYING artist one can ever dream of. I would like to put 999 votes on my behalf alone.

SP, Hub-la talk-lam paartha, the one person who can actually carry out this threat seems to be you, Kandippa neraiya podunga :-)

littlemaster1982
5th April 2009, 02:22 PM
Nerd, Eq and I are against her inclusion in the list.
nAn 'against' ellAm illinga. (summA vEdikkai pAkkaRa kUttam 'nu vecchikkOngaLEn.) EdhO cheinga.

Idhula edho sadhi irukku :twisted:

equanimus
5th April 2009, 02:26 PM
He he, kalaiyulagaththula democracy 'nnAlE enakku allergy.

Plum
5th April 2009, 02:27 PM
Plum, bang-on about nilavE malarE. I think I trace the legacy route there. adhai naan theatre-la paaththEn. I had an abusive childhood.
[i] Naanum dhaan. Littlemaster-kellam adhanala dhaan puriya maattengudhu - theatrele paarthavangalukku dhaan vali puriyum. But did you see it on re-release or what?(Given your assumed age here, sounds like you would have been less than 5 when that great film released?)

Plum
5th April 2009, 02:33 PM
jaiganesh matrum vs raghavan - inspite of being in the waitlist since the beginning of the thread, no evidence has been presented before the court so far. We are forced to announce that if no charges are filed against them in the next 24 hrs, they will be let off

Plum
5th April 2009, 02:36 PM
We have 7 confirmed candidates, and one more will come between RaviC, sivaK and SSR. Two slots remain: A quick scan of the list shows under representation from the post-80's tamil film world(only Kalairaani). More nominations are sought from this demographic.

equanimus
5th April 2009, 02:47 PM
Mozhi kooda pala idangaLil overboard-nu oththukkarEn... aanaa pala idangaL-la very impressive IMO.

None of you will grant her even a bronze mini-bowl ?
Well, no to say the least. I agree that, by her standards, it was a controlled performance. But then it's like appreciating it because it wasn't as horrendous as it could have been. And let's also look at her whole career which for all practical purposes was built on exploring newer dimensions in expressing ridiculous things/thoughts/ideas via one's face, hands, fingers, torso and so on. Such horror.

For a thread like this, I'd expect her to be up there. She was an actress who had no idea what her lines meant, and as if to make up for that, she tried to convey the meaning of the lines with her body language. If she is supposed to be angry, she'd twist her torso a bit, raise her finger, tilt her head and give a variation of the Kubrick stare. This is domestic horror.

Plum
5th April 2009, 02:50 PM
If she is supposed to be angry, she'd twist her torso a bit, raise her finger, tilt her head and give a variation of the Kubrick stare

Chance-e illai. Andha heroines thread aarambikkum bodhu, idhai Jyothika case file-la podanum :-)

Plum
5th April 2009, 02:58 PM
-deleted-for-irrelevance-to-this-thread

HonestRaj
5th April 2009, 03:36 PM
I think this thread to be locked.... everyone will have some opinion about some films...

eppadi andha kaala comedy indha kaala rasigargalukku oththu varalayo (unfunny comedians).... adhemadhi andha kaala nadigargal ellam pongal nadigargal (atleast in some films) appadinu than ellorukkum thoanrum...

ella top actors vechu oru poll start pannung.. appuram result mattum parung..... yaaru adhigama pongunangannu hubbers decide pannatum

P_R
5th April 2009, 05:30 PM
[i] Naanum dhaan. Littlemaster-kellam adhanala dhaan puriya maattengudhu - theatrele paarthavangalukku dhaan vali puriyum. But did you see it on re-release or what?(Given your assumed age here, sounds like you would have been less than 5 when that great film released?)

I don't actually recall when and where I saw it.
Must have been one of the earliest films I saw
That after that I did continue watching films I submit as testimony of my grit

Plum
6th April 2009, 11:18 AM
HR, adhukkaga thaane 2 slots current actorsku open panni irukkaen. Adhellam viduradhilla... yaaraiyum vittu vekka maattom

crajkumar_be
6th April 2009, 02:44 PM
None of you will grant her even a bronze mini-bowl ?

Vivasaayi
6th April 2009, 05:09 PM
I think this thread to be locked.... everyone will have some opinion about some films...

eppadi andha kaala comedy indha kaala rasigargalukku oththu varalayo (unfunny comedians).... adhemadhi andha kaala nadigargal ellam pongal nadigargal (atleast in some films) appadinu than ellorukkum thoanrum...

ella top actors vechu oru poll start pannung.. appuram result mattum parung..... yaaru adhigama pongunangannu hubbers decide pannatum

HR,

andha kaalathukku irundha "yard sticka"ye u thaandi sila per kathakali aadirukanga ...idhu avungalukaga!!!

Shakthiprabha.
6th April 2009, 05:17 PM
She was THE MOST SINGLE HANDEDLY ANNOYING artist one can ever dream of. I would like to put 999 votes on my behalf alone.

SP, Hub-la talk-lam paartha, the one person who can actually carry out this threat seems to be you, Kandippa neraiya podunga :-)

plum, appavi naan oru id thaan vechirukken. elaarum solra puraLi nambatheenga :|

Plum
6th April 2009, 05:29 PM
shaktiprabha, naan romba appavi - yaar enna sonnalum nambiduvaen - ippo neenga solradha kooda nambaren :-)
BTW, thanks for reiterating the idea of the thread both here and in the other actresses thread as well. Correct-a purinju vechurukkenga indha thread-oda theme-ai :-)

Shakthiprabha.
6th April 2009, 05:37 PM
:D
//shaktiprabha, naan romba appavi - yaar enna sonnalum nambiduvaen - ippo neenga solradha kooda nambaren //

ennai mathiriyE epdi innoruthar irukkalaam :notthatway: (kiddign :) )

and :ty: :)

I supp i digressed. sorry.

//dign

groucho070
7th April 2009, 12:03 PM
Plum, so what is the current standing?

I'd say VSR shouldn't be here. I like him as an actor, and he is one of the very few who can go nose to nose with NT (Savale Samali & Nenjirukkum Varai comes to my mind).

Jai Ganesh is a limited actor, so no case as far as I can see.

But AVMR irukkiraaree......maan.

Plum
7th April 2009, 12:05 PM
No activity in this thread - makkals are after heroines only. AVM Rajan maadhiri thespianku kooda mariyadhai illai. Idhai naan vanmaiyaga kandikkiraen and I am requesting the mods to lock the other thread before AVM Rajan and Baby Shalini are suitably honoured.

Since there is nothing much against Jaiganesh and VS Ragavan, letting them off.

Sivakumar is in. No point in waiting any more

We'll wait another 1-2 days for nominations from contemporary Tamil films. Else, I will ask CEC to create the poll with the 8 options we have as follows:

Updated list:

Confirmed Nominees:
6. Asokannnnnnnn
7. Multi-lingual, multi-emotion, multi-expression torture princess 'Baby' Shalini
8. 'Melting Pot', 'Stand and Deliver' Sivakumar
[/b]

To-be-confirmed Nominees:
1. Current Tamil Character Actor #1
2. Post 80's Tamil Character Actor #2

Plum
7th April 2009, 12:09 PM
groucho, despite being title favourite, idhu varaikkum AVM Rajan mele sariyana case file illai - konjam unga AVM Rajan experiences edhuthu vidungalen...

Shakthiprabha.
7th April 2009, 12:13 PM
I never found him justifying the title.

"AVM rajan"

plz thro more light plum, groucho :?

Plum
7th April 2009, 12:14 PM
Evidence-oda varen, Shaktiprabha, evidence-oda varaen. 100 nirabaradhi thappikkalam, but AVM Rajan maadhiri oru kutravaali thappikka vida koodadhu. Groucho, help please!

groucho070
7th April 2009, 12:15 PM
Neengga vera. I can be cruel, but I am not a masochists - to try and recall the moments.

As mentioned before, he totally, almost, ruined Thulabaram with his overbearing, over the top sadness (as if the rest of the world are happy and he didn't get his share of happiness), the often downturned lips to show he is acting, and the amalgamation of emotional circus freak show that he manages within a short period of time when sometimes he is just required to be there and do nothing.

Another case in point is Deivam. A decent devotional drama derailed by the efforts of an overactor. His segment is the most painful to watch. I wished the peacock scratched him, instead of a bad guy in a different sketch. He is typical actor who is "not in the same page". I suspect alien's involvement here, but that's another matter altogether.

Shakthiprabha.
7th April 2009, 12:19 PM
Evidence-oda varen, Shaktiprabha, evidence-oda varaen. 100 nirabaradhi thappikkalam, but AVM Rajan maadhiri oru kutravaali thappikka vida koodadhu. Groucho, help please!

oks..waiting :D

Shakthiprabha.
7th April 2009, 12:23 PM
I wont agree with groucho's thulabaram evidence. Ive seen the movie in bits n pieces and I supp a man who is FRUSTRATED and left with NO HOPE, feels so pathetic about himself for not providing his wife a queenly life...what more emotions would his face show except frustration. "Rajnikanth" awesome in showing frustration and detachment. JUST BE THERE with stone face. "aaril irunthu" is a good example. Sometimes instead of frustration ppl show "self-pity". Thats exactly what he avm rajan portrayed. "SELF PITY" and anger about his hoplessness, which he considered may be NOT MANLY and about the whole blo*dy situation around. It was good.

Regarding deivam, I cant talk cause Iven't seen the movie.

///////I wished the peacock scratched him, instead of a bad guy in a different sketch. //////////

:rotfl2: :D

Also therez one more movie, with vanishree, iruLum oLiyum I supp. He did do a decent role. I loved him even in "naanum or peN"

Hez good. (mo)

groucho070
7th April 2009, 12:32 PM
There is another movie of his that I happen to own. Yes, I do own a AVM Rajan movie....

....for a reason. It has NT in it as comedian.

The movie Manitharul Manickam is about thief going straight and how he struggles. Only good thing about it is NT. Even as comedian (no really, it could've been done by Nagesh or Cho), he stole the show right under overacting nose of AVMR's. One movie that I watch with my hands not removed from the remote control unless I need to go to bathroom.

sivank
7th April 2009, 12:39 PM
I would like to nominate V. gopalakrishnan for his role in DarlingX3 as character artist of the 80s. "come on, speak", "come on, speak" nu solliye nammala thukkam thaangaama azha vacchiduvaaru

sivank
7th April 2009, 12:42 PM
[tscii:b52dc63985]I would like to nominate that woman ( I don´t know her name)who acts as the mother of Arjun in Mudhalvan for the Character artist of recent films. Enna oru oppaari, enna oru azhughai. Mudhalvan mattum illa, naan paarththa sila piladangal la andha amma pesina sambalaththukku melayee act panni irukkaanga[/tscii:b52dc63985]

P_R
7th April 2009, 12:43 PM
I have not seen ThulAbAram. But given my familiarity with AVM Rajan I can imagine what cerebral damage he is capable of inflicting on the audience.

Even in TM....the scene were the stabbed Sivaji cannot move his hand. remba over-A azhuvaapla.

As StevevA would say "Ok leave it..... cool down cool down cool down"

P_R
7th April 2009, 12:46 PM
[tscii:0dbe823df6]I would like to nominate that woman ( I don´t know her name)who acts as the mother of Arjun in Mudhalvan for the Character artist of recent films. Enna oru oppaari, enna oru azhughai. Mudhalvan mattum illa, naan paarththa sila piladangal la andha amma pesina sambalaththukku melayee act panni irukkaanga[/tscii:0dbe823df6]
kalairANi

She is a stage artist - has been put to dull use in TFI

She was not bad in Dum Dum Dum

Shakthiprabha.
7th April 2009, 12:57 PM
I would like to nominate V. gopalakrishnan for his role in DarlingX3 as character artist of the 80s. "come on, speak", "come on, speak" nu solliye nammala thukkam thaangaama azha vacchiduvaaru

:rotfl2:

I also agree with ur kalairaani :)

P_R
7th April 2009, 01:01 PM
In some movie VGopalakrishnan is, as usual, the heroine's dad. SV Sekar is trying to call the girl and have a conversation. VG happens to pick up the the phone and SVS disconnects. Happens twice. Third time when his "hello" doesn't get a response VG proceeds with "dE...porukki payyA...<serious reprimands>"

I found the salutation extremely funny - something only thEngai would say. To see him use it in all seriousness was a pause-and-laugh moment. :lol:

Plum
7th April 2009, 01:38 PM
The Case file on AVM Rajan

The trick is in consulting the experts, and remembering who is an expert in what. The advanced years that I have spent on this earth, and more importantly in tfmpage, has given me a headstart on this, which I cannot but use at this critical juncture: When you want critical evidence on AVM Rajan, look no further than ex-hubber OISG. Here's
exhibit #1 (http://tfmpage.com/forum/archives/25135.20880.03.21.22.html) possibly the mildest on AVM Rajan I remember from the said hubber:

Commenting on an AM Raja song for AVM Rajan in Pugundha veedu,

the MDs'choice of his voice for AVM Rajan a bit comical.AVMR with king-sized cheeks was a paravasa kunju who will get louder and emotional at the drop of anything.AMR voice is too refined for AVMR.

He further adds (http://www.dhool.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3412)

the MDs'choice of his voice for AVM Rajan a bit comical.AVMR with king-sized cheeks was a paravasa kunju who will get louder and emotional at the drop of anything.AMR voice is too refined for AVMR.

This is a double whammy on two people Shaktiprabha defended here:-) (http://www.dhool.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4413&sid=a7bbfcc98e21d178fd1f908f338c2f95)

Master Sridhar was AVM Rajan II and loves emote even when he would play an invisible man. After this song Sridhar dies and that would be Rajini's break-point

P_R
7th April 2009, 02:22 PM
Another anecdote about V. Gopalakrishnan

Same person....same word.... different memory
A serial in DD written by Randor Guy. Murder investigation where VG is the dedective. He chances upon a diary of the victim which has shorthand notes about amounts paid to various person. There is one frequent entry. One PR seems o have been paid sizeable amounts every few weeks. Stash that away in memory.

Later he investigates Sowcar and is going over various suspects. She describes one guy as a porukki rascal. Much later he puts two and two together and let's out a Eureka :"PR.... porukki rascal ! I got it !!"

I surely no older than 10 but I was like: " you gotta be kidding me". His cry of discovery and joy is still etched in my memory.

Not untill I joined the Hub did I know that I'd be answering to same acronym.

groucho070
7th April 2009, 02:28 PM
"PR.... porukki rascal ! I got it !!"[/b]

I surely no older than 10 but I was like: " you gotta be kidding me". His cry of discovery and joy is still etched in my memory.

Not untill I joined the Hub did I know that I'd be answering to same acronym. :rotfl: :rotfl:

You are doomed, PR, doomed I say. :lol:

Plum
7th April 2009, 04:36 PM
PR, avaru periya theerkadhairisi pola...PR!

NOV
7th April 2009, 05:41 PM
[tscii:3f6127becc]
I would like to nominate that woman ( I don´t know her name)who acts as the mother of Arjun in Mudhalvan for the Character artist of recent films. you must watch her in Ayan. :rotfl: completely different role. she comes for just five minutes and the scene is a complete riot.[/tscii:3f6127becc]

Shakthiprabha.
7th April 2009, 05:42 PM
I think its her voice which makes it double :D

I shall read on avm :D thanks plum. I never knew so many were against that man's senti nature on silver screen :lol2:

bingleguy
7th April 2009, 05:45 PM
[tscii:545c8e8bf0]
I would like to nominate that woman ( I don´t know her name)who acts as the mother of Arjun in Mudhalvan for the Character artist of recent films. you must watch her in Ayan. :rotfl: completely different role. she comes for just five minutes and the scene is a complete riot.[/tscii:545c8e8bf0]

:roll: her role in RamanA too was kinda over reacting .... but am not sure if thats really over the mark ... coz her character was such ...

viraajan
7th April 2009, 05:46 PM
edhAvadhu padathula azhugaachee scene irundha, andha ammaku oru phone pOtta pOdhum...

vandhu oppAri vachuttu pOiduvanga...

She is today's kamala kamesh who can be seen only crying on Screen. Rare to find different expression on her face.

bingleguy
7th April 2009, 05:51 PM
:rotfl: hehe ... kamala kamesh nalla role la yum nadichirukkAnga ;-) dont u remember "jAnaki devi ... ramanai thedi ...." with Visu ... :rotfl:

viraajan
7th April 2009, 06:18 PM
I knew that it'll be mistaken. Intention of my post was not to degrade KK. Even though she was always crying on screen, it was tolerable. I don't dislike her.

but this lady :rotfl2:

bingleguy
7th April 2009, 06:27 PM
I knew that it'll be mistaken. Intention of my post was not to degrade KK. Even though she was always crying on screen, it was tolerable. I don't dislike her.

but this lady :rotfl2:

hehe ;-)

Plum
7th April 2009, 06:44 PM
:rotfl: hehe ... kamala kamesh nalla role la yum nadichirukkAnga ;-) dont u remember "jAnaki devi ... ramanai thedi ...." with Visu ... :rotfl:
Omg! Idhu joe-voda suhasini confessionai vida adhirchi tharum vidhamaga ulladhu!
(Ofcourse mine is a twisted mind)
[Size=8]says plum pre-empting criticism[\size]

Nerd
7th April 2009, 07:00 PM
V.G ya confirm pannidalAm. Was watching thanga magan last weekend and boy was he annoying?! NambalEnA veetla pOyi DVD innoru dhadavai pArthu scenes quote pannuvEn, to make the case stronger!

Sivakumar paavam. Sethu onnu pOdhumE!

crajkumar_be
7th April 2009, 07:01 PM
V.G?

Sivakumar in Sethu - case fot his inclusion or against?

List-a pathi therila but his presence and voice in movies like "Kadhalukku Mariyadhai" were good fodder..

"ippadi pottu adichirukkaanga.. neengallaam friend-aadaaaaa"
"poi koottitu vaada en marumagala" nu vayathula oru punch viduvaaru paarunga... :lol:

bingleguy
7th April 2009, 07:03 PM
Omg! Idhu joe-voda suhasini confessionai vida adhirchi tharum vidhamaga ulladhu!
(Ofcourse mine is a twisted mind)
[Size=8]says plum pre-empting criticism[\size]

achicho ;-) anda confession ellam enakku teriyadhu :P

crajkumar_be
7th April 2009, 07:04 PM
Joe,
Suhasini/confession-a? ennadhidhu?

:shock:

P_R
7th April 2009, 07:06 PM

Nerd
7th April 2009, 07:06 PM
Sethu sivakumar ferfarmanss pidikkalaiyA? I want him to be taken off the list. V.G is V.Gopalakrishnan. The first mention of him was about 10 pages back. Pazhaiya pages ellam padikkanum :twisted:

crajkumar_be
7th April 2009, 07:07 PM
:notthatway:
Sethu la "sober"-a irundhadhunaala fodder pathala-nu solla vandhen (adhulayum exceptions irukku, adhu vera vishayam.. dialogues takku nu nyabagathukku varla)

P_R
7th April 2009, 07:08 PM
Joe,Suhasini/confession-a? ennadhidhu? :shock: Apparently she has had some redeeming moments that we are unaware of. Joe - who is still a young - will elaborate further.

viraajan
7th April 2009, 10:14 PM
V.G?

List-a pathi therila but his presence and voice in movies like "Kadhalukku Mariyadhai" were good fodder..

"poi koottitu vaada en marumagala" nu vayathula oru punch viduvaaru paarunga... :lol:

Yes. That scene was :rotfl: :rotfl2:

my opinion,

this kinda dialogues are utterly cliche :banghead: So idha yAr pEsinAlum over actiona thaan theriyum. Sivakumar cannot be blamed for this'ngaradhu ennoda opinion. He was a fine actor :)

groucho070
8th April 2009, 09:06 AM
V.G ya confirm pannidalAm. Was watching thanga magan last weekend and boy was he annoying?! NambalEnA veetla pOyi DVD innoru dhadavai pArthu scenes quote pannuvEn, to make the case stronger!

Sivakumar paavam. Sethu onnu pOdhumE!

Ithu ippadi sollureyngga.

How about alcoholic scientist under pressure to utilise his talents to commit crime? Sounds like a great role for even heroes. You know, reluctant hero type.

But watch him doing that role in Dharma Yutham. I rest my case.

But then, VG is a supporting actor. Unlike AVMR, who was lead star, main man, big enchilada, big gun, big kahuna, head honcho, big wheel, boss, chief,

Raikkonen
8th April 2009, 09:10 AM
V.G?

Sivakumar in Sethu - case fot his inclusion or against?

:rotfl2: :lol:

semma kamedi..

i also cannot stand poovilangu mohan.. he gets excited for everything.. nethu oru drama la, paal kodukatathekellam tension aaguraru..

Nerd
8th April 2009, 09:57 AM

Seen Dharmayuththam about 3-4 times. The movie on the whole was badly acted. VG was horrible, worst of the lot. But wait, I almost forgot "chocolate uncle" thEngai sreenivasan. :lol:

AVMR, OK. We are trying to fill in two spots. One from the 80s (character artist) and the other from the 00s.

P_R
8th April 2009, 10:04 AM
:lol: @ chocolate uncle

groucho070
8th April 2009, 10:11 AM
The movie on the whole was badly acted. VG was horrible, worst of the lot. But wait, I almost forgot "chocolate uncle" thEngai sreenivasan. :lol:

So much so that there was some sense of balance. Except VG, of course. Even Rajini's usual grace was missing. Watch how when rushing off to avenge (appo ellam body post mortem anupunamu, uttraar uravinar kitta sollanumnu illa, udaney revenge-thaan) his sisters death, he'd unnecessarily roll over the cars hood and actually, I believe this was cut out, fell on the other side :lol:

Oh, and I am still trying to figure out the lyrics to Disco Sound that even Rajini didn't know then, I suppose.

crajkumar_be
8th April 2009, 11:34 AM
i also cannot stand poovilangu mohan.. he gets excited for everything.. nethu oru drama la, paal kodukatathekellam tension aaguraru..

crajkumar_be
8th April 2009, 11:35 AM
Joe,Suhasini/confession-a? ennadhidhu? :shock: Apparently she has had some redeeming moments that we are unaware of. Joe - who is still a young - will elaborate further.
Suhasini!!! <Karagattakkaaran sopna sundari Kaunder reaction>

crajkumar_be
8th April 2009, 11:38 AM
this kinda dialogues are utterly cliche :banghead: So idha yAr pEsinAlum over actiona thaan theriyum. Sivakumar cannot be blamed for this'ngaradhu ennoda opinion. He was a fine actor :)
Virajan,
enna ippadi sollitteenga? You are undermining the Sivakumar factor here. Dialogue mukkiyama, illa punch/modulation mukkiyama? :razz:

NOV
8th April 2009, 12:18 PM
Sivakumar was excellent in Sindhu Bhairavi.
YGM couldnt come anywhere near him in Sahana.

groucho070
8th April 2009, 12:30 PM
Sivakumar was excellent in Sindhu Bhairavi.
YGM couldnt come anywhere near him in Sahana.

Deja Vu again. I remember having this was Siva Kumar good or not debate sometimes back.

Of course YGM can never come anywhere near him. YGM can never even come to a piece of plywood.

Gee, I feel bad commenting about fellow NT fan, a fan who contributed to NT fandom some more. Damn my conscience.

P_R
8th April 2009, 02:42 PM
Of course YGM can never come anywhere near him. YGM can never even come to a piece of plywood.

Saw some episodes of the 'celebrated' Sahana.
A wide flutter of eyelids like he stepped out in the sun after an ophthamolagist admistered dilation. Combined with an expression that reflected the emotion of someone who was ruminating whether to swallow what he had bitten off - which was quite obviously more than he could chew. Quite funny.

groucho070
8th April 2009, 02:50 PM

Saw some episodes of the 'celebrated' Sahana.
A wide flutter of eyelids like he stepped out in the sun after an ophthamolagist admistered dilation. Combined with an expression that reflected the emotion of someone who was ruminating whether to swallow what he had bitten off - which was quite obviously more than he could chew. Quite funny. :lol:

You are aware that he is doing (done?) Vietnam Veedu on stage? He said if he will be happy if he can do at least 10%. I suppose that's his policy. Ellam oru 10 parrsen senja good enough.

I feel bad. A great NT fan, but unfortunately not a great talent. Wait, wait I am wrong...he plays good drum and bongo.

Plum
8th April 2009, 03:23 PM
What ygm discussion? Be focussed folks. Looks like vg has affected folks in a strong way - selected!

There is still enough room to have sivakumar. While siva maintained his limited range, and never ventured beyond his territory - fondly called markandeyan, it boggles the mind to think that he was kind of the romantic drama staple in 80's - he has made enough impact even within this range. At this point, important to remember stochastica's description of his anger style few pages back - basically, that formed the basis for surya's ghajini performance.

Sangeedha medaiya sakkadiakka pakkariya with eyes rolling and hands waving frantically, sideways stance - everything stocahstica describes as his stock pose to express anger is here - he would have stood erect too to complete that description except he was sitting. But what is more important to note here is the sing-song intonation of the dialogue - sangeedha medaiya, 1 microsec pause, saaaakkadiyakka parkariyaaaa. This is standard for all scenes - neenga ellorum needuzhi vqqzhanum will also be in same intonation by him.

But what takes the cake is his romantic escapades on camera in 80's - the then kudicha nari expressions with menaka(unakkagave vaazhgiren), laksmi(many films) are legendary. Given his off-screen persona of a pathniviradha dikkinified man, this is doubly entertaining. In unakkagave vaazhgiren, director rangarajan gets inspired and kills off young suresh and pairs the made for each other wannabe-celibate pair of nadiya and siva in the climax. This ofcourse means that the menaka whom siva romanced passionately in the beginning of the flashback has to kick the bucket,too.

(And yes, the number of young heroes conveniently kicking the bucket before being married off to nadia in the script,is perplexong and a topic by itself - we saw rahman doing it in nilave malare earlier - perhaps he was traumatised by anbulla appa, where bang in the crucial moment in the first night, nadia has a severe bout of daddy-affection, and walks out - maybe he felt marubadiyum idhu koodava!and the directors of the time seemed to know where to place nadia - promptly pairing her to siva, rajesh et al when suresh, rahman were available in the script - she sufferred/enjoyed this fate more than any other contempoprary actress)

The getting together of siva and nadia involves some trite contrivances, but what takes the cake is siva's viraham expressions in the song kanna unnai thedugiraen - we used to sing it as chittappa unnai thedugiraen, to signify the nadia-sivakumar pairing - we were too young to understand the director's wisdom) - thede are exactly same as the sangeedha medaiyai expressions in sindhu bhairavi.

Siva's specialty was his random choice of expressions for random moods. The director would be playing lottery there not knowing what expression he's gonna get next. I don't know if this qualifies him here but I have got off my chest another of my childhood trauma - which somehow always seem to involve nadia - so avangalukkuga oru rhani thread-e aarambikkanum

crajkumar_be
8th April 2009, 03:29 PM
Groucho,
Avar tabla player dhaane?

crajkumar_be
8th April 2009, 03:31 PM
Plum,
"Ponvaanam panneer thoovudhu" - It cannot be topped! Enna solreenga?

groucho070
8th April 2009, 03:33 PM
Groucho,
Avar tabla player dhaane?

Tabela paarkala, CR. I saw him playing Bongo and drums in some of those NT/Kannadhasan tribute concerts. He should be able to play, I guess. Most percussionists are pretty versatile.

End of dig.

Sorry Plum. Baed Comedian award winner-ai patthi ingga pesunathukku mannikkavum.

Plum
8th April 2009, 03:40 PM
Cr, right. Andha padam erkanave puriyalai appo parthappo - idhula siva expression in this song paarthu onnume determine panna mudiyalai - lakshmiyai anniya respecta paarkuraara, illai extra marital affair intentionada look viduraara, virahma, virodhama - onyum puriyadhu!

Plum
8th April 2009, 03:51 PM
Infact this discussion on nadia gives me the idea for a "ultra pati-vrata touch-me-not heroines". The candidate list ofcourse would have the title favourite nadia, bhanumathi(except when with nag rao), suhasini(except when with chiranjeevi in rain - idhai patri annan joe virivaga solluvar). Prabhuram, indha thread aarambinga, andha dignity matterum angaiye pesuvom)

crajkumar_be
8th April 2009, 03:54 PM
Infact this discussion on nadia gives me the idea for a "ultra pati-vrata touch-me-not heroines". The candidate list ofcourse would have the title favourite nadia, bhanumathi(except when with nag rao), suhasini(except when with chiranjeevi in rain - idhai patri annan joe virivaga solluvar). Prabhuram, indha thread aarambinga, andha dignity matterum angaiye pesuvom)
Nadia
Revathy (except Inji Iduppazhagi)
Suhasini (sister-a kooda ethukka yosikkanum)
Gopika (sister if she insists)
Sitara
Saranya
Savalachumi
Sangeetha, the slim version ( :lol: )

equanimus
8th April 2009, 04:48 PM
Politically, I'd argue that Nadhiya should be leading the list though she would also be the most conspicuous entry in it. At a superficial level, she was supposed to represent the modern urban independent woman, but almost all her roles were patently in the child-woman mode; mischievous and cutesy break-the-little-rules type, but ultimately all too pliant. All the middle-class patronage she received (right from the sort of immense appreciation she always received for her "decent" costumes) was, as I see it, a profound reflection of the Victorian-style morality of the middle-class.

Plum
8th April 2009, 04:55 PM
Well that's a discussion for the other thread - and I insist prabhuram open that thread because he'll find a way to get shalini in the.mix and incite a few self-immolations here :-)
Yes, very sharply observed, equa. That was really the point about nadia - while appearance says liberal, feminist type, inner core is deeply conservative and looking for pat on the back from society. Revathi despite maintaining dignity was sensual as required and when required. Nadia,as I will argue, literally forced the director and hero to keep their hands off her is the impression I get.

crajkumar_be
8th April 2009, 06:04 PM
Plum,
Is it a kostin of just a listing based on a factual absence of touching scenes in one's CV or is it based on our perception?

If its the former, whats the point? Clarify, your honor

Plum
8th April 2009, 06:10 PM
It's the former plus a demonstrated quickness in cutting off advances from the hero - watch bhanumathi with MGR to understand this, or revathi in singalathu chinna kuyilae.
Latter thing about perception is just addenda - for instance, nadia had two attempts at seduction scenes, one with suresh in iniya uravu poothadhu, but she was not fooling anyone, you have to see the respect in suresh's face to understand the equation.

Well, everything is perception anyway - the better articulated perception cloaks itself as fact

equanimus
8th April 2009, 06:13 PM
Revathi despite maintaining dignity was sensual as required and when required.
It is problematic to say "despite" (pardon the nitpicking!), but I agree on the larger point. I don't think it's fair at all to include someone like Revathi in this basket. I'm not arguing against the point that a good share of her roles conformed to the established "norms" regarding "what a decent woman should wear or do" or what have you, but I think it's more important to acknowledge that she ultimately did make a few moves in the right direction, did roles that were central/important to the film and so on, which in itself was (and certainly is) very unusual for Tamil cinema. I think we should respect that. One can't begin to make a similar case for someone like Nadhiya.

Actually I must also add that I find the label "touch-me-not heroines" quite caricatural. We're talking about an industry which stops offering lead roles to an actress because she got married. An industry which insists on labelling actresses either "this way" or "that way." (It is essentially this kind of binary classification that narrows down the "possibilities" in their careers.) It is bleeding obvious that the kind of difficulties an actress would have to face to establish and assert her identity will be much more compared to an actor. So I'm more than a bit wary of slotting an actress as a "touch me not" type, because it could very well be the case that her expectations as an actress were very reasonable.

Plum
8th April 2009, 06:21 PM
Eq, in all fairness, caricature is an objective of these threads - we welcome the classy interludes such as your previous post but we maintain that the caricaturing is intentional and any uncovering of such deep insights as yours is the bitter pill coated in the sugar of those caricatures.

Plum
8th April 2009, 06:24 PM
And since we must all stick to our strengths, I focus on the sugar coating and leave the pill manufacturing to people such as equa!

equanimus
8th April 2009, 06:29 PM
Eq, in all fairness, caricature is an objective of these threads
adhennavO sari dhAn!

And since we must all stick to our strengths, I focus on the sugar coating and leave the pill manufacturing to people such as equa!
idhellAm remba Ovar.

P_R
8th April 2009, 07:04 PM
Nice posts Equa !

Nadia
Revathy (except Inji Iduppazhagi)

Nadia - what sets her apart is somehow waving this dikinity as her primary asset.

Where is Joe ? :P

Gopika (sister if she insists)
Oh my... she is in another class. On a couple of occasions she tried being intimate and then realize that they are a bit low on the sultriness department.

Savalachumi :rotfl:

Nerd
8th April 2009, 07:09 PM
Gopika tried to be intimate in kaNAkaNdEn and it did work :P This is saying a lot because siriganth, who can't be anywhere close to being romantic was the beneficiary.

P_R
8th April 2009, 07:15 PM
Gopika tried to be intimate in kaNAkaNdEn and it did work :P This is saying a lot because siriganth, who can't be anywhere close to being romantic was the beneficiary. :shock: :shock: :shock:

crajkumar_be
8th April 2009, 07:21 PM
Thats a horribly picturized song not only because Srikanth and Gopika are there but also because of the hamburger concept :hammer: :banghead:

P.S: pora pokka paatha best/worst midnight masala songs list evolve aagum pola irukke!

Nerd
8th April 2009, 07:23 PM
That's one of the reasons behind my liking KK. No, not the song. Refreshing romaaans!

crajkumar_be
8th April 2009, 07:28 PM
The strange case of Nadia is that they have refurbished and rejuvenated her now. She was like an old aunt then but she is a young now!

There's some recent crap sundar C movie in which the young portrayal is annoying actually...

Nerd
8th April 2009, 07:30 PM
P.S: pora pokka paatha best/worst midnight masala songs list evolve aagum pola irukke!
:lol: ithOda niruthikkuvOm.

Candidate: shayaji shinde. Forget Bharathi please. He is there in every other masala movie these days. Latest being thee (watched it in theaters :lol: ) Starting from poovellAm un vAsam up until thee, he's been horrible. Nadula Baba etc :oops:

crajkumar_be
8th April 2009, 07:32 PM
Shayaji Shinde and Aashish Vidyarthi - equally bad

Plum
8th April 2009, 07:43 PM
Oh looks like I derailed the thread myself.
Let's quickly decide between sayaji and ashish and close the list. Too many assignments are pending.

sivank
8th April 2009, 07:50 PM
guys what about Malaysia vaasudevan

P_R
8th April 2009, 08:09 PM
That's one of the reasons behind my liking KK. No, not the song. Refreshing romaaans! :sigh2: It is hopeless.

Now I am sure that there will be atleast a few people somewhere in the world who will also like the burger un-constipated constable routine

m_23_bayarea
9th April 2009, 01:47 AM
Has anyone nominated Manorama yet in this thread? :cry:

app_engine
9th April 2009, 01:49 AM
Being part of the "நகைச்சுவையாளர்கள் சங்கம்", I think Manorama gets exception...and she has many examples otherwise too...a "seasoned" actress...

Nerd
9th April 2009, 01:50 AM
Bay, how you doin' bro?!

app_engine
9th April 2009, 01:51 AM
The general consensus so far is - comedians are given a "raw deal" by the directors who ask them to act for 100 rupees while paying only 5 rupees :-)

m_23_bayarea
9th April 2009, 02:18 AM
Being part of the "நகைச்சுவையாளர்கள் சங்கம்", I think Manorama gets exception...and she has many examples otherwise too...a "seasoned" actress...

I dint think abt the "comedian" Manorama, but rather the "aachi" Manorama when I made the post... :P

groucho070
9th April 2009, 06:52 AM

With Aashish taking the glory for being extra irritating. Evalavu naalthan, "ey-ey-ey"nu nacharichikittu irukka pooranoo....

joe
9th April 2009, 02:34 PM
Where is Joe ? :P

Naan oorula illatha neram paarthu ennai vachu comedy keemedy pannaliye :lol:

Suhasini azhumoonji characters thaan Pannirukkanga-nnu pechu vantha poothu ,,suhasini Telugu-la glamour-a nadikka (rain song with Chiranjeevi)try panniyirukanga-nnu sonnen ..Puduchukittangayya..pudichukittanga :oops:

crajkumar_be
9th April 2009, 02:38 PM

With Aashish taking the glory for being extra irritating. Evalavu naalthan, "ey-ey-ey"nu nacharichikittu irukka pooranoo....
endha mozhi padathula nadichaalum vaay thelungulaye asayara madhiri irukkum

crajkumar_be
9th April 2009, 02:38 PM
Suhasini azhumoonji characters thaan Pannirukkanga-nnu pechu vantha poothu ,,suhasini Telugu-la glamour-a nadikka (rain song with Chiranjeevi)try panniyirukanga-nnu sonnen ..Puduchukittangayya..pudichukittanga :oops:
Ahaa... :lol:
Actually you can sue plum for libel and causing mental trauma!

groucho070
9th April 2009, 02:47 PM
Ahaa... :lol:
Actually you can sue plum for libel and causing mental trauma! :lol:

Sambantha patta actors intha thread padicha namma ellarayum sue pannuvanggo, CR. Lucky for us, some of them has gone to the the great celluloid in the sky.

P_R
9th April 2009, 02:52 PM
Sambantha patta actors intha thread padicha namma ellarayum sue pannuvanggo

GM in aayudha poojai

GM: ayyO ivar dhaanga owner-u, naan kadaila vElai seyyura payyan 'nga..... thaNNi eduththu vaippEn, maavu aattuvEn, glass kaLuvuvEn.... tea pOduradhellAm ivar dhaanunga.

crajkumar_be
9th April 2009, 02:53 PM

groucho070
9th April 2009, 02:54 PM
Sambantha patta actors intha thread padicha namma ellarayum sue pannuvanggo

GM in aayudha poojai

GM: ayyO ivar dhaanga owner-u, naan kadaila vElai seyyura payyan 'nga..... thaNNi eduththu vaippEn, maavu aattuvEn, glass kaLuvuvEn.... tea pOduradhellAm ivar dhaanunga. :lol:

Plum
9th April 2009, 06:15 PM
Ok, we've gone around the bush enough. Time to finalise.

Following are the final options: I'l update the case file if possible in the next few hours for all candidates - mostly uct and paste from previous pages but I'd encourage people to add their own cases for any candidate they fancy here - Nerd, for instance, I'd encourage you to watch that Thanga Magan VCD again and file the case on V.G. Similarly for others. Let's get the nominees and the case files ready by today EOD. Tomorrow will be eleksan day - Mods, please help with creating the poll with following options today.

Updated list:

Confirmed Nominees:
6. 'Azhutham' Asokannnnnnnn
8. 'Melting Pot', 'Stand and Deliver' Sivakumar
9. V.'Departmentke avamanam'.Gopalakrishnan
10. 'Adhiradi Villain', 'Hey Hey Hey' Ashish Vidyarthi

Plum
10th April 2009, 12:59 PM
Updating Case files for the candidates:
The Case file on AVM Rajan

The trick is in consulting the experts, and remembering who is an expert in what. The advanced years that I have spent on this earth, and more importantly in tfmpage, has given me a headstart on this, which I cannot but use at this critical juncture: When you want critical evidence on AVM Rajan, look no further than ex-hubber OISG. Here's
exhibit #1 (http://tfmpage.com/forum/archives/25135.20880.03.21.22.html) possibly the mildest on AVM Rajan I remember from the said hubber:

Commenting on an AM Raja song for AVM Rajan in Pugundha veedu,

He further adds (http://www.dhool.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3412)

Dilip Kumar in a funny man role, ha!ha! - It must have been casting coup akin to casting AVM Rajan in the lead role in the remake of Chaplin's movies

This is a double whammy on two people Shaktiprabha defended here:-) (http://www.dhool.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4413&sid=a7bbfcc98e21d178fd1f908f338c2f95)

Master Sridhar was AVM Rajan II and loves emote even when he would play an invisible man. After this song Sridhar dies and that would be Rajini's break-point

...Sivaji-yoda oru padam. AVM Rajan will be driving a car in hill-road. Steering-a oru thiruppu thiruppuvar paarunga - lorry-la kooda avlo thiruppa mudiyadhu steering...

As mentioned before, he totally, almost, ruined Thulabaram with his overbearing, over the top sadness (as if the rest of the world are happy and he didn't get his share of happiness), the often downturned lips to show he is acting, and the amalgamation of emotional circus freak show that he manages within a short period of time when sometimes he is just required to be there and do nothing.

Another case in point is Deivam. A decent devotional drama derailed by the efforts of an overactor. His segment is the most painful to watch. I wished the peacock scratched him, instead of a bad guy in a different sketch. He is typical actor who is "not in the same page". I suspect alien's involvement here, but that's another matter altogether

How about alcoholic scientist under pressure to utilise his talents to commit crime? Sounds like a great role for even heroes. You know, reluctant hero type.

But then, VG is a supporting actor. Unlike AVMR, who was lead star, main man, big enchilada, big gun, big kahuna, head honcho, big wheel, boss, chief

PR - I have not seen ThulAbAram. But given my familiarity with AVM Rajan I can imagine what cerebral damage he is capable of inflicting on the audience.

Even in TM....the scene were the stabbed Sivaji cannot move his hand. remba over-A azhuvaapla.

As StevevA would say "Ok leave it..... cool down cool down cool down"

Plum
10th April 2009, 01:17 PM
The Case file on Vijayakumari
Vijayakumari is a veritable boiling pot of emotions - of any kind. Popularly known as "ponga paanai" in my friends' and family circles, the nickname was a tribute to her ability to draw, upon 1o seconds notice, to her face, a well of emotions, whether relevant or not to the scene. She operated in extremes - she only understood one shade each of "kobam", "dabam", "kaadhal", "naanam", "sogam", "veeram" etc. This shade was invariably the darkest variant of that particular colour.

In Kanna Karumai Nira Kanna, you can see Vijayakumari's take on inferiority complex, self-pity and sadness - basically, she portrays an extreme version of the third of the said emotions, leaving the first two in choice like a frantic examinee pressed for time in the last 15 minutes of the exam, and generally masking her inability to emote finer shades by sobbing from start to finish with louder and louder cries.

oruthi oruvanai ninaithu vittal - this is a song that captures the complete range of Vijayakumari. In a way, one could say her performance here might have been exactly what is required for the lyrics talk of generic emotions, and is all about over-simplification of emotions, like oruthi oruvanai ninaithu vittal...kaadhal. This is home-territory for Vijayakumari since she only understands such binary emotions - it is either there or not there. But even here, she fails to note that even though the poet is over-simplifying here, the one shade he chooses to describe in this song is not necessarily the extreme shade for the corresponding emotion described. For her, if it is there, then it is there in its highest form, and therefore you can watch out for her expressions for "kaadhal" - eyes twinkling, naana chirippu, heaving bo..well cut that out, she brings to fore, the peak state of kaadhal, where the lyrics only talk about teh initial states of kaadhal when oruthi thinks of oruvan - at that stage, the kaadhal is supposed to be milder and non-feverish but such shades do not bother our latter-day Kannagi. She goes bonkers for the full-orchestra here.
While I could go on and describe her reactions for 'thuyaram', 'mounam', 'kudumbam', the forumhub would run out of servers and let's stop here.

edited.originally attributed to groucho wrongly
...Vijayakumari's take on Kannagi tells us clearly why Kovalan went in search of a madhavi...

sob queen crown is definitely vijayakumari's

I can throw a vote in for VijayakumAri. Quite annoying and almost single handedly destroyed pOlicekAran magaL

Pala expressions-na, Vijayakumari-ku is a class of her own. That's for sure. I said this before and I would like to bring that scene from Kallum Kaniyagum again, where TMS sings beautifully about music, and she does a sexy routine until the snake that was there, that took note of our disgust, does its job promptly and accurately. Sambanthamee illatha nadippu = Vijaya Kumari.

groucho070
10th April 2009, 01:24 PM
Plum, that was not me. I think I was talking about the snake incident in Kallum Kaniyagum.

Plum
10th April 2009, 01:41 PM
Revathi despite maintaining dignity was sensual as required and when required.
It is problematic to say "despite" (pardon the nitpicking!), but I agree on the larger point. I don't think it's fair at all to include someone like Revathi in this basket. I'm not arguing against the point that a good share of her roles conformed to the established "norms" regarding "what a decent woman should wear or do" or what have you, but I think it's more important to acknowledge that she ultimately did make a few moves in the right direction, did roles that were central/important to the film and so on, which in itself was (and certainly is) very unusual for Tamil cinema. I think we should respect that. One can't begin to make a similar case for someone like Nadhiya.

Actually I must also add that I find the label "touch-me-not heroines" quite caricatural. We're talking about an industry which stops offering lead roles to an actress because she got married. An industry which insists on labelling actresses either "this way" or "that way." (It is essentially this kind of binary classification that narrows down the "possibilities" in their careers.) It is bleeding obvious that the kind of difficulties an actress would have to face to establish and assert her identity will be much more compared to an actor. So I'm more than a bit wary of slotting an actress as a "touch me not" type, because it could very well be the case that her expectations as an actress were very reasonable.

I am actually interested in that discussion you have outlined there, equa. It is like either you are an ultra-dignified woman not to be messed with(Nadia) or if you show the slightest indication of willing to do a sensuous role if the script demanded it, that is an invitation for shady producers to come to you with skin-show scripts, and it becomes that much difficult for you to turn down unneeded exposure. I am extrapolating from interviews and such here, and putting myself in the shoes of a heroine trying to avoid unnecessary exposure, and the moment you do 'necessary' exposure, then the director comes to you and says "andha padathula apdi nadhicheengale". You can say the script demanded it but the relationship complexities with the director being what it is, you cannot openly blame his script etc, and you are forced to comply. This ofcourse doesnt apply to strong-minded women like Nadia, who apparently decided what to wear and what level of touching she will allow the hero. Then again, she had to strictly maintain it and not slip from it ever even if the script demanded it - and a Sridhar movie did demand a seduction scene even though the movie was crap, which as I said ended up with lots of respect and fear in Suresh's face whenever he had to touch her contributing to some hilarious moments - because if she had slipped slightly, I am sure even she couldnt have prevented from going down the path of unnecessary exposure. This shouldnt matter in the normal course but it limited her as an actress. Konkona Sen Sharma is another one that comes to the mind - she is extremely uncomfortable doing intimate scenes, though not as bad as Nadia and the bollywood of today affords you chances to take part in difficult roles requiring minimal intimacy without compromising yourself and opening the gate for shady producers and directors to quote that precedence to push their vulgar agenda through you.
(Sneha, on whom I hold no opinion this way or that way, once told in an interview that she tries her best to convince the director about 'not wearing revealing outfits' etc but gives in if the argument goes on and she is unable to convince - which is the basis for my extrapolation above of not all actresses having the mental strength to say a blanket no to unnecessary exposure and needing the binary case of "I will not ever expose" to prevent any exposure at all. Which as you rightly observed boxes them into a corner not entirely of their choice.)
We'll have to delink this into a separate thread though

sarna_blr
10th April 2009, 02:15 PM
immi-alavu-kooda nadunilamai illaadha thread :rant:

Plum
10th April 2009, 02:20 PM
sarna, why? Sol kutrama? Porul kutrama?

sarna_blr
10th April 2009, 02:32 PM
sarna, why? Sol kutrama? Porul kutrama?

paadalE(thread) kutram engirEn :rant:

Plum
10th April 2009, 02:36 PM
Sarna, unakku vena romba periya manasu irukkalam - MKT thodangi JKR varaikum ellorudaiya nadippaiyum thaangum edhaiyum thaangum idhayam irukklam. Naangallam mere mortals-pa. Engalala ivlo dhaan mudiyum - konjam kandukkama vuttudu.

Plum
10th April 2009, 02:38 PM
The Case file on KR Vijaya

K.R.Vijaya - :mrgreen: nu enneramum oru ilippu...

:boo: ipdi oru nadai...

krv also used to do one weird lip biting and movement which is sooooooooooo irking She didn't continue it as heroine though.

patikkAdha paNNaiyAr enRu oru padam. FOr some reason I have watched it 2-3 times.
Bahappirivinai scene.
Son vENu aravind says something unseemly about Sivaji (KRV's brother in law).

KRV-kku kObam. She lets out a war cry, disshevels her hair in disbelief as she utters it and proceeds to assault her son vEnu aravind mercilessly.

What makes it even more interesting is a mild editing blooper. After he utters the wrath earning line, the shot changes to a wider angle, technically to accomodate the action and more importantly to accomodate KRV herself. So for half a moment after the line she is silent and then without warning she pounes on the unsuspecting vEnu and the viewers

prabhuram, the delay by KRV might have been to disable and disintegrate Venu!

EC's own comments will be added soon

Plum
10th April 2009, 02:44 PM
The Case file on V.Gopalakrishnan

Whats the name of the guy who acted as Poornima's daddy in kiLinjalgaL and thanga magan? A stereotyped christian dad - Gopalakrishnan? avrru bloody irritating.

avarthanga thamizhnaatoda aasthana IG - retiremente kedayadhu..
Nee olunga saranadanjidu..ingirundhu thappikka vazhiye kedayadhu

well done my boy

unna nenacha enakku perumaya irukku

Maharaasan-la doctor-a varuvaare.

VKR: Avangalukku ninaivu thirumba varuma doctor?

VG: Varalaam, varaamalum pogalaam, poittum varalaam, illai vandhuttum pogalaam.

Goundamani: Adhu enna Pallavan bus-a?

In some movie VGopalakrishnan is, as usual, the heroine's dad. SV Sekar is trying to call the girl and have a conversation. VG happens to pick up the the phone and SVS disconnects. Happens twice. Third time when his "hello" doesn't get a response VG proceeds with "dE...porukki payyA...<serious reprimands>"

I found the salutation extremely funny - something only thEngai would say. To see him use it in all seriousness was a pause-and-laugh moment.

Another anecdote about V. Gopalakrishnan

Same person....same word.... different memory
A serial in DD written by Randor Guy. Murder investigation where VG is the dedective. He chances upon a diary of the victim which has shorthand notes about amounts paid to various person. There is one frequent entry. One PR seems o have been paid sizeable amounts every few weeks. Stash that away in memory.

Later he investigates Sowcar and is going over various suspects. She describes one guy as a porukki rascal. Much later he puts two and two together and let's out a Eureka :"PR.... porukki rascal ! I got it !!"

Not untill I joined the Hub did I know that I'd be answering to same acronym.

sarna_blr
10th April 2009, 02:50 PM
Sarna, unakku vena romba periya manasu irukkalam - MKT thodangi JKR varaikum ellorudaiya nadippaiyum thaangum edhaiyum thaangum idhayam irukklam. Naangallam mere mortals-pa. Engalala ivlo dhaan mudiyum - konjam kandukkama vuttudu.

ok :P

but kutram kutram dhaan :curse: kaaram'na ap'ku dhaan mudhalidam kudukkanum'nu ungalukku theriyaama pOchchEndra varuththam'dhaan :oops: anyhow carry on :wave:

Plum
10th April 2009, 02:53 PM
"kaaram'na ap'ku dhaan mudhalidam kudukkanum'nu ungalukku theriyaama pOchchEndra varuththam'dhaan "
meaning?

Plum
10th April 2009, 02:56 PM
[tscii:c55fbd9052]Updating Case files for the candidates:
The Case file on Kalairaani

I would like to nominate that woman ( I don´t know her name)who acts as the mother of Arjun in Mudhalvan for the Character artist of recent films. Enna oru oppaari, enna oru azhughai. Mudhalvan mattum illa, naan paarththa sila piladangal la andha amma pesina sambalaththukku melayee act panni irukkaang

I think its her voice which makes it double

her role in RamanA too was kinda over reacting

edhAvadhu padathula azhugaachee scene irundha, andha ammaku oru phone pOtta pOdhum...

vandhu oppAri vachuttu pOiduvanga...

She is today's kamala kamesh who can be seen only crying on Screen. Rare to find different expression on her face.

Dum Dum Dum - When Madhavan rushes to Ambasamudram on hearing the "news" that his mother (accused) is seriously ill. Appo kalyana pecha pesittu avinga reaction

Ramana: Jail taarchar scene. Rendu scene-layum the way she breaks into a cry without warning is the reason she is nominated.

Other films in general: She alternates between a weak pleading voice and talking while crying and the line between the two is not only thing but is breached often without warning

-edited-out EC's note: Case file is very weak. Original-a nominate pannina Bala Karthik is summoned by the authorities here to present more evidence on this case.

In Kodambakkam, her take as the doting mom of Nandha was way over the top. Over-al pulagangidham, meela thuyaram-lam moonjila kaaatti merattuvanga

[/tscii:c55fbd9052]

Plum
10th April 2009, 02:58 PM
Shanmugasundaram, Asokan and Ashish Vidyarthi dont have much evidence in this thread yet. EC-ye yosichu ezhudhina dhaan mudiyum pola. The other 2 - Sivakumar, 'Baby' Shalini will shortly have their files updated here

Shakthiprabha.
10th April 2009, 03:02 PM
'Baby' Shalini will shortly have their files updated here

I am waiting I am waiting grrrrrrrrrr :desperately_controlled_emotion:

Plum
10th April 2009, 03:04 PM
[tscii:39aefe8be9]Updating Case files for the candidates:
The Case file on Sivakumar

For my money, Surya's dad is the favourite here.
Blogger Stochastica Karthik
(stochastica.net)
once alluded to an imaginary conversation between Surya and his dad before accepting Ghajini. Here's the simultaneous parody on Sivakumar's life-time work as a character artiste and Surya's head-twisting act in Ghajni:

"...A conversation between Surya and his Dad:

“Dad, I have this role in this new movie and I am supposed to be an amnesiac for good two hours. Any advice?”

“Drink coconut water, don’t smoke, don’t drink, do Yoga and get out of your relationship with Jothika.”

“Dad, I asked for acting tips, not this crap.”

“Oh, ok. Have you seen me act angry in movies?”

“You mean where you keep your body erect, roll your eyes and shake your head robotically back and forth?”

“Yes. Exactly. Do that.”

For once, Surya listened to his dad.

"

Idhukku mela sivakumar candidature-ku better testimonial kidaikkadhu!

His presence and voice in movies like "Kadhalukku Mariyadhai" were good fodder..

"poi koottitu vaada en marumagala" nu vayathula oru punch viduvaaru paarunga...

Then comes the definitive charge on Sivakumar:

There is still enough room to have sivakumar. While Siva maintained his limited range, and never ventured beyond his territory - fondly called markandeyan, it boggles the mind to think that he was kind of the romantic drama staple in 80's - he has made enough impact even within this range. At this point, important to remember stochastica's above description of his style of anger.
"Sangeedha medaiya sakkadiakka pakkariya" with eyes rolling and hands waving frantically, sideways stance - everything stocahstica describes as his stock pose to express anger is here - he would have stood erect too to complete that description except that he was sitting at that time. But what is more important to note here is the sing-song intonation of the dialogue - "sangeedha medaiya", 1 microsec pause, "saaaakkadiyakka parkariyaaaa". This is standard for all scenes - "neenga ellorum", one sec pause "needuzhi vaazhanum" will also be in same intonation by him.

Then, there are his romantic expressions:

But what takes the cake is his romantic escapades on camera in 80's - the thaen kudicha nari expressions with menaka(unakkagave vaazhgiren), laksmi(many films) are legendary. Given his off-screen persona of a pathniviradha dikkinified man, this is doubly entertaining. In unakkagave vaazhgiren, director rangarajan gets inspired and kills off young suresh and pairs the made for each other wannabe-celibate pair of nadiya and siva in the climax. This ofcourse means that the menaka whom siva romanced passionately in the beginning of the flashback has to kick the bucket,too.

(And yes, the number of young heroes conveniently kicking the bucket before being married off to nadia in the script,is perplexing and a topic by itself - we saw rahman doing it in nilave malare earlier - perhaps he was traumatised by anbulla appa, where bang in the crucial moment in the first night, nadia has a severe bout of daddy-affection, and walks out - maybe he felt marubadiyum idhu koodava!and the directors of the time seemed to know where to place nadia - promptly pairing her to siva, rajesh et al when suresh, rahman were available in the script - she sufferred/enjoyed this fate more than any other contempoprary actress)

The getting together of siva and nadia involves some trite contrivances, but what takes the cake is Siva's viraham expressions in the song kanna unnai thedugiraen - we used to sing it as chittappa unnai thedugiraen, to signify the nadia-sivakumar pairing - we were too young to understand the director's wisdom) - these are exactly same as the "sangeedha medaiyai" expressions in sindhu bhairavi!

Siva's specialty was his random choice of expressions for random moods. The director would be playing lottery there not knowing what expression he's gonna get next

A discussion on Sivakumar's expressions in 'Pon vaanam Panneer thoovudhu" from Indru nee naalai naan

crajkumar_be:"Ponvaanam panneer thoovudhu" - It cannot be topped! Enna solreenga?
Plum:Cr, right. When I first saw that movie, I couldnt understand it in the first place but Siva's expressions in this song surely take the cake as the ultimate confuser - onnume determine panna mudiyalai - lakshmiyai anniya respecta paarkuraara, illai extra marital affair intentionada look viduraara, virahma, virodhama - onyum puriyadhu. Whether he is looking at Lakshmi respectfully as Anni or giving a look with an intention to an extra marital affair, whether it is viraham or virodham, you just cannot determine
idhula oru subtlety irukku - a veiled attempt to parody the director of this movie

[/tscii:39aefe8be9]

groucho070
10th April 2009, 03:11 PM

Me too (sharpening my Arua, sparks flying)

Shakthiprabha.
10th April 2009, 03:12 PM

Me too (sharpening my Arua, sparks flying)

:lol2:

Plum
10th April 2009, 03:24 PM
groucho, shaktiprabha: The best must be saved for the last. Shalini's case is coming in a few mins...

Plum
10th April 2009, 03:38 PM
[tscii:c0acfa94f2]Updating Case files for the candidates:
The Case file on 'Baby' Shalini

Here comes the one that children and adolescents of the 80's just cannot flush out of their system, a scar for life that refuses to be healed even by the dignity of the grown-up Shalini:

...that gives me the realisation that one of the youngest and annoyingest proponents of the title of this thread has escaped attention so far.kadamayil evlo thavari vittaen - ladees and gendlemenan, presenting the peerless, multi-lingual, multi-medium, emotional atyachar of a kid - baby shalini!!!
No questions asked - direct nomination.

Shaktiprabha is so traumatised that she is willing to go illegal and cast multiple votes for the honourable purpose of nailing this child artiste!

aaaaaaaaaaah! No more competition !

Here's Shaktiprabha's description of Shalini's deadly impact even after a decade of the wound:

Though its not her fault, abs no excuse to shalini (my personal feeling) shez really irritated kids(teenagers) of those days and I cant ever forgive the nausea I’ve had after watching her and listening to her mazhalai mozhi , I think I did carry grudge against her as an artist when she banged back all charged as a heroine. It took long long time for me to get over the irritation .

There were passionate pleas to dismiss Shalini's case given her 'good behaviour" as a heroine. Here's the response to this argument quoting Shalini's multi-lingual torture achievements:

We cannot explain away Shalini's performance as a 'baby'. Thirubavum solraen- naan malayalam, telugu ellam kooda quote pannuven. Pala mozhila avasthai pattirukken - avangalai mattum list-lerundhu edukkaradha illai.
'Baby' Shalini-ai mannikkave mudiyadhu - neengallam modhalla avangala Alaipaaythae-la paarthuttu appappo pazhaiya padathula child artiste-a paarkareengalo ennavo? We were scarred in our childhood by 'Baby' Shalini. The adult Shalini's dignity cannot make up for that. Kashtapattu case-file ellam pottirukkome. Romba oppose pannineengana, next case on Shalini will come from Malayalam. Appuram Telugu. As I said, multi-lingual torture. Anubavichavangalukku dhaan puriyum

Just when Plum seems to be mulling over the plausible argument in favour of Shalini given her performances as an adult, he remembers Bandham:

'Baby' Shalini-yai pala mozhila paartha engalukku dhaan adhoda vali theriyum. See Shaktiprabha's post for the impact she has had on people who saw her first hand then. Even as I type this 'Bandham' comes to my mind and the chair I am sitting in rocks involuntarily.

Then there is Prabhuram, who in a typical short post summarises Shalini's career as a 'baby':

Years and years of a simple 3 line algorithm:

-bend head sideways till left-ear touches shoulder
-upon contact proceed in the opposite direction till right-ear tocuhes shoulder
-smile all the while even in , particularly when in, states of hopeless misery

Finally, Plum, in a burst of outright passion hitherto unexhibited in the HUB, is forced to write a paper on one of Shalini's legendary performances:

Baby Shalini's incomparable contribution to the conversion of tamil cinema kids into 'adolescent/over-ripe/veteran by birth' status

This is a book waiting to be written. For now, my humble contribution will be a germ of an idea for a chapter:

There is this movie called Nilavae Malarae. This is especially a must-watch for Prabhuram. For, as though, one Nadia wasn't enough to challenge the audience, it had her in a double role, Rahman to complement as the pair for one of them, and if that was not enough, Lankeswaran Rajesh opposite the other Nadia.
Then, there was Baby Shalini.
In all the melee, the only consolation prize for the viewer is that one of the Nadias kicks the bucket - wait, did I say consolation? Take that back. That is only a cue for Rajesh and Shalini to get the other Nadia as a surrogate mother for the insufferable kid, and the associated complications with the question of what that means as a relationship for Rajesh.

Let's stick to Baby Shalini. She plays the precocious kid that Shalini pioneered, who understands issues way beyond her size and years, and plays a big part in getting the second Nadia and Rajesh together as a substitute for her dead mother(also Nadia). Infact, the combination of Nadia and Shalini is so deadly that Rahman decides to consume poison in the climax, thus paving the way for the made-for-each-other pair of Baby Shalini and Nadia to get together, with Rajesh left to face the resultant mess.

Anyway, thats the story, and unlike Kutti Padmini, who resorted to 'childlike' means in Kuzhandhaiyum Deivamum, here Shalini has to think beyond her maturity, or rather not beyond her but generally perceived to be beyond kids of her age. One of the pivotal scenes involve Shalini insisting that she'll go to school only if her parents kiss her, brings Nadia to her right, and Rajesh to her left, shows cheek to Nadia and facing Rajesh's cheek, and withdraws at a strategical moment.

The annoying writing of the scene apart,
'Baby' Shalini brought her own impish self alive in this scene, and added a dimension that even the fertile writer-director S.A.Chandrasekhar couldnt have thought of, and scarred my childhood forever.

'Baby' Shalini - only those who have experienced can measure the magnitude of her impact. One of a kind.

We'll sign-off with this couplet:

Simbu kodumai, shamli kodumai enbar
Shalini-than van-thiramai ariyadhor

-edited-per-suggestions-of-our-own-pulavar-prabhuram

[/tscii:c0acfa94f2]

Plum
10th April 2009, 04:27 PM
The Case file on Ashish Vidyarthi

It is hard to concoct evidence against a man who won the national award for 'best supporting actor' on his debut. That I am contemplating to do so is an indictment of his subsequent career choices. While, per se, choosing to play cardboard villains in the lucrative tamil and telugu industries is not to be scoffed at, given that 'moolah' is a key differentiator in career choices that most of us make, his reduction of self into a set of standard 'villainous' expressions certainly qualifies him here.

To be fair, I am just writing this file because he has already been nominated by Hubbers, and he never came to mind while running this thread. However, someone must do it and it might as well be myself.

An exaggerated 'hey hey hey hey' is a standard invocation of Ashish in tamil/telugu movies. He seems to have been unable to shake off the "seema pourusham" gestures he was condemned to in countless Balakrishna, Chiranjeevi and Mohan Babu movies in the late 90's and early 2000's.
His turn as the police inspector who torments Vikram in 'Dhill' is a case in point. Atul Kulkarni's controlled performance in its Hindi remake tells us why that script alone cannot be blamed for that performance.

He always lip-synchs in something which 'seems' (not 'sounds', mind you) like Telugu, no matter which language the film is in. (That seema pourusham influence again). adhavadhu, endha vaarthaya irundhaalum vaaya "ooo" ne vechippaaru ('pantulu, 'shirtulu' etc).
Even as we are discussing this, please do a random search for his vids on youtube and check out for yourselves.

(Romba kashtapadaren ivar mela case ezhudha, nominate pannittu odi ponavanga konjam help panna koodadha?)

Plum
10th April 2009, 05:00 PM
The Case file on ShanmughaSundaram

My first introduction to this peerless fountain of emotional acting was in Kizhakku Vaasal, and specifically in the scenes where he helplessly asks Khushboo naa thazhu thazhukka "Unnai epdima naan adippen". A neigbour of mine in the theater commented "Seruppala dhaan;idhu koodava solli tharanum"
(ok, invented tale, romba kashtapadarenpa, help pannunga)

Ofcourse, SS's most famous exhibition of his uncontrolled over-emotions was in Karagattakaran where he goes "Adhi naan un kitta epdika solvaen" (so far so good but followed by a needless naa thazhuthazhukka addition) "epdikka solvaen!"

Read that sentence again. Harmless. But look at the way our man interprets it : There is emotion in every punctuation mark;every word;every syllable. That, in a jiffy, sums up Shanmughasundaram, the man, a fountain of exaggerated emotions that needs just a mild clap in its direction to start spouting.

crajkumar_be
10th April 2009, 05:15 PM
EC's note: Case file is very weak. Original-a nominate pannina Bala Karthik is summoned by the authorities here to present more evidence on this case.

Dum Dum Dum - When Madhavan rushes to Ambasamudram on hearing the "news" that his mother (accused) is seriously ill. Appo kalyana pecha pesittu avinga reaction

Ramana: Jail taarchar scene. Rendu scene-layum the way she breaks into a cry without warning is the reason she is nominated.

Other films in general: She alternates between a weak pleading voice and talking while crying and the line between the two is not only thing but is breached often without warning

crajkumar_be
10th April 2009, 05:19 PM
He always lip-synchs in something which 'seems' (not 'sounds', mind you) like Telugu, no matter which language the film is in. adhavadhu, endha vaarthaya irundhaalum vaaya "ooo" ne vechippaaru ('pantulu, 'shirtulu' etc).
Even as we are discussing this, please do a random search for his vids on youtube and check out for yourselves.

Some 'credit' must be reserved for the dubbing artist also.

The Case file on Ashish Vidyarthi

It is hard to concoct evidence against a man who won the national award for 'best supporting actor' on his debut. That I am contemplating to do so is an indictment of his subsequent career choices. While, per se, choosing to play cardboard villains in the lucrative tamil and telugu industries is not to be scoffed at, given that 'moolah' is a key differentiator in career choices that most of us make, his reduction of self into a set of standard 'villainous' expressions certainly qualifies him here.

To be fair, I am just writing this file because he has already been nominated by Hubbers, and he never came to mind while running this thread. However, someone must do it and it might as well be myself.

An exaggerated 'hey hey hey hey' is a standard invocation of Ashish in tamil/telugu movies. He seems to have been unable to shake off the "seema pourusham" gestures he was condemned to in countless Balakrishna, Chiranjeevi and Mohan Babu movies in the late 90's and early 2000's.
His turn as the police inspector who torments Vikram in 'Dhill' is a case in point. Atul Kulkarni's controlled performance in its Hindi remake tells us why that script alone cannot be blamed for that performance.

(Romba kashtapadaren ivar mela case ezhudha, nominate pannittu odi ponavanga konjam help panna koodadha?)

Plum
10th April 2009, 05:20 PM
Other films in general: She alternates between a weak pleading
voice and talking while crying and the line between the two is not
only thing but is breached often without warning

:-). Updated the file.

Plum
10th April 2009, 05:30 PM
[tscii:414c6d7a5e]Updating Case files for the candidates:
The Case file on Asokan

EC's note: ivarai pathi onnum perisa evidence quote pannave illai makkal. I had to include him on my personal conviction and prabhu ram's implied promise in his one line post "Murugannnn". I have applied the "consult the expert" strategy here and collected some evidence. Prabhuram has to do the rest. In this case, the expert is Hubber Bhoori, who used to piss off NT fans sometimes in the NT threads; nevertheless, since I always have the habit of listening to everyone, I remember reading his blog at some point and remembered his 'special affection' for Asokan.
Here's some excerpts:
(http://awardakodukkaranga.wordpress.com/2008/11/21/%e0%ae%a8%e0%ae%ae%e0%af%8d%e0%ae%aa%e0%ae%bf%e0%a e%af%e0%ae%be%e0%ae%b0%e0%af%8d/)

எனக்கு அசோகனை பார்த்தால் சிரிப்பு வரும், இவரை பார்த்தல் அதுவும் வருவதில்லை. பக்ஸ் சொன்ன உலகம் சுற்றும் வாலிபன் படத்தில் கூட, “அந்த பெட்டியை கொடுத்துடு” வசனத்தை விட அசோகன் உருகி உருகி “முருகன், நீங்க பெரிய மேதை முருகன்” என்று சொல்வதுதான் நினைத்தாலே சிரிப்பு வருகிறது.Asokan is truly amazing. Bags and I find his serious acting very funny. Of course, he didn’t intend it to be funny…

Bhoori delivers big time (http://awardakodukkaranga.wordpress.com/2008/08/03/hello-world/)

எல்லாரையும் விட நான் மிகவும் விரும்பிப் பார்க்கும் பழம் பெரும் நடிகர் அசோகன்தான். அசோகன் வந்துவிட்டால் எனக்கு மிகவும் கொண்டாட்டமாக இருக்கும். அவர் ஒவ்வொரு வார்த்தைக்கும் நடிப்பார்; தன் முக பாவங்களை மாற்றுவார். அவர் புருவம் மேலே போகும், கீழே வரும். முகம் அஷ்ட கோணல் ஆகும். பறக்கும் பாவை படத்தில் மனோகர் தொலைபேசியில் பேசும் ஒரு காட்சி வரும். மனோகர் என்னவோ சாதாரணமாகத்தான் பேசுவார். பக்கத்தில் அசோகன் மனோகர் பேசும் ஒவ்வொரு வார்த்தைக்கும் ஒரு ரியாக் ஷன் காட்டுவார் பாருங்கள், அவார்ட் கொடுக்காமல் வேறு என்ன செய்வது?

Actually,
yours truly (http://awardakodukkaranga.wordpress.com/2008/10/02/%e0%ae%95%e0%ae%a3%e0%ae%b5%e0%ae%a9%e0%af%8d)
has spoken on Asokan before:

Asokan in Murattu Kaalai - height of comedy. Note: he played a righteous police officer in the movie, was not supposed to do comedy
Asokan in Alauddinum arpudha vilakkum - killer comedy. I am serious. If you are 30 plus, avoid it. Sirichu sirichu heart attack nichayam.Actually, even if you are 30 minus, skip it for same reasons.
Asokan in general - over-acting in dictionary definition with rare exceptions.

[/tscii:414c6d7a5e]

Plum
10th April 2009, 05:48 PM
-deleted-

crajkumar_be
10th April 2009, 05:53 PM
:rotfl: @ Shalini's case file

Plum
10th April 2009, 05:59 PM
Habba, en kadamai mudindhadhu. I have put the candidates list, and a decent case file on each candidate. Enna, Kalairaani, shanmughasundaram and Ashish Vidyarthi have slightly weak cases - specific kutrachattu illai.
Idhukku mela, CEC vandhu Poll setup panni, neengallam indha candidates-ku pracharam panni, melum discussion panni mudichidinga. Naan ennoda adutha assignment-ku poga poraen...equa, ready-a?

Plum
10th April 2009, 06:03 PM
:rotfl: @ Shalini's case file
Ah thank u thanku CR. Art create panni peyar vaangum artiste undu, kutram kandupidithe peyar vaangum critics undu. Idhil naan endha vagai enbadhu enakke theriyum :-)

Nerd
10th April 2009, 07:28 PM
Plum, edit your first post and add the poll yourself. Great job bro :clap: The case files are hilarious!

Plum
10th April 2009, 07:35 PM
BTW, how many of those who nominated Ashish Vidyarthi know that he won a natl award for his first role in indian cinema - a role which Nasser made famous in tamil later? Kurudhuppunal.

P_R
10th April 2009, 07:40 PM
adhunaala dhaan naan nominate paNNalai. enna irundhaalum oru nEsanal awardee. And oru sila emotions avar paNNadhE illai.

crajkumar_be
10th April 2009, 07:48 PM
BTW, how many of those who nominated Ashish Vidyarthi know that he won a natl award for his first role in indian cinema - a role which Nasser made famous in tamil later? Kurudhuppunal.
Thats all the more reason.. Eppadi ellam irundhirukkalaam?? :twisted:

Plum
10th April 2009, 08:13 PM
Thats all the more reason.. Eppadi ellam irundhirukkalaam?? :twisted:
CR, this was the crux of my case against him here.

PR, in all honesty, I wanted to go ahead and get done with this thread hence I went for Ashish V urgently. Anyway, urgent matters(andha heroines thread and the dignity thread) are calling so dropping this matter here

P_R
10th April 2009, 08:17 PM
vetturadhunnA vettunga.... enakku oru aatchEbaNaiyum illai. :-)

In some movie a gang - for once - GM gets Senthil into trouble and townfolk start beating him up. One guys cycles up, sees a commotion, alights and puts it on stand, deals a couple of blows himself then gets on the cycle and leaves.

I will be that guy.

P_R
10th April 2009, 08:20 PM
Dikkinity paththi cinema-vaiyum thaaNdi philosophical-A pEsa vENdi irukku.

Plum
10th April 2009, 08:32 PM
Apdi podu, AVM Rajan strikes first. I was fearing that we hadnt built a sufficient case against him given the strong evidence filed against Sivakumar, Shalini and Vijayakumari. But truth always wins, truth always wins :-)

Plum
10th April 2009, 08:34 PM
vetturadhunnA vettunga.... enakku oru aatchEbaNaiyum illai. :-)

In some movie a gang - for once - GM gets Senthil into trouble and townfolk start beating him up. One guys cycles up, sees a commotion, alights and puts it on stand, deals a couple of blows himself then gets on the cycle and leaves.

I will be that guy.

Nee ennaiye vettunalum vettuve, unna namba mudiyadhu :-)

Plum
10th April 2009, 09:09 PM
Plum, edit your first post and add the poll yourself. Great job bro :clap: The case files are hilarious!
thanks nerd. For the bolded part, the credit goes to everyone who participated and de-briefed themselves of their trauma in this thread. Your contribution on V Gopalakrishnan was invaluable :-)

P_R
10th April 2009, 09:16 PM
Nee ennaiye vettunalum vettuve, unna namba mudiyadhu :-)
David to Nandagopal: ayyA nambaNum

Plum
10th April 2009, 09:20 PM
Curious thing is after most of them, the current crop of actors are inspired by frozen ammonia and nitrogen for their acting - pure DEADPAN - almost indistinguishable from set property - if you want an example of that - try focussing on sibi raj's face for 5 minutes, 6th minute you will be frozen.

jaiganes, somehow missed this post before today. LOL! The last line is very funny. Maybe, we should do a thread on dead-pan actors with sibiraj, Mu ka muthu et al. Adhuku aprom varuvom...

Plum
10th April 2009, 09:21 PM
how about TR-the terror...even the vise versa can be applied to him :)

also sombhu vijaykumar :)

Holy Sh*t, I missed this, too. Indha thread-la vijayakumar pathi discussion varama irundhadhu maha kutram!

Shakthiprabha.
10th April 2009, 10:16 PM
Ahaaa en kadamaiyai mudithu vitten :bow:

Vivasaayi
10th April 2009, 10:37 PM
'Paravasakunju' AVM Rajan

'Ennanga' KR Vijaya

V.'Departmentke avamanam'.Gopalakrishnan

'Stand and Deliver' Sivakumar

Plum
10th April 2009, 10:50 PM
Yarappa vidyarthikku adhukulla vote?
Sp, shalinikku oru votenu paarthappove neenga unga kadamaiya mudichittengannu mudivu pannittaen :-)

Shakthiprabha.
10th April 2009, 10:57 PM
plum,

rommmmba varuthama irukku. I wish one id can vote multiple times :P

Sanguine Sridhar
10th April 2009, 11:03 PM
Poll choices... :rotfl: :rotfl2:

Sanguine Sridhar
10th April 2009, 11:05 PM
Shanmugasundaram per-a paatha namma CR-annE thaan gyabgathukku vaaraar... Illa....I mean this dialogue "Romba nallaaa aaduneenga thambi!" :lol:

P_R
11th April 2009, 09:04 AM
The choices are hilarious :lol:

P_R
11th April 2009, 09:05 AM
Vijayakumari-kku pOttAchchu

andha naaNam onRE pOdhum

I always think of her in the Thirumathy Pazhanichamy situation

VK: aththaan
Hero: seththEn....

P_R
11th April 2009, 09:06 AM
plum,

andha kavalai engaLukku...ungaLukku enna :-)

Sanguine Sridhar
11th April 2009, 09:11 AM
Vijayakumari-kku pOttAchchu

andha naaNam onRE pOdhum

I always think of her in the Thirumathy Pazhanichamy situation

VK: aththaan
Hero: seththEn....

:lol: :rotfl2:

sgokulprathap
11th April 2009, 10:02 AM
:shock: Baby Shalini in the list and she's leading.

Plum
11th April 2009, 05:44 PM
Enn, adhanala unga latchiyathukku edhavadhu kalangam vandhudungala?

Plum
11th April 2009, 05:57 PM
Shalini is behind - edhavadhu pannanum shaktiprabha!

I am still hovering between vijayakumari, shalini and avm rajan. Oruthariyum vuttu kudukka mudiyala.mmhmmm...

Shakthiprabha.
11th April 2009, 06:07 PM
plum,

andha kavalai engaLukku...ungaLukku enna :-)

:evil: pollatha ulagam. nallavangalai nambarathilali :P

Shakthiprabha.
11th April 2009, 06:07 PM
:shock: Baby Shalini in the list and she's leading.

Enn, adhanala unga latchiyathukku edhavadhu kalangam vandhudungala?

:lol2:

Shakthiprabha.
11th April 2009, 06:10 PM
Shalini is behind - edhavadhu pannanum shaktiprabha!

Therez shalini and then there are others. apdeengarathE ennala thanga mudila. She wins hands down :cry:

ethavathu panniyE aaganam, enna pannamnnu purila. I can only campaign...

ayya amma thambi thangachi...oru vote andha ponnukku podugnamma :cry:

vote podathavangalukelaam continuous aa baby shalini padathai 3 times, kaiya vaaya katti, parkka vekkanam :evil:

sgokulprathap
11th April 2009, 06:35 PM
vote podathavangalukelaam continuous aa baby shalini padathai 3 times, kaiya vaaya katti, parkka vekkanam :evil: :evil: :twisted: SP ya kayya katti Movie Title Unscrambler Thread la ukkaara vekkanum. gappu thaangaama SP kathanum, kadharanum, kenjanum, adha paarthu naa rasikanum. :yes: :wink:

Shakthiprabha.
11th April 2009, 06:36 PM
:rotfl2: en indha aasai.
Nobody finds the answer there :evil:
Innikku night ennaala aanathai podaren :banghead: :lol2:

sgokulprathap
11th April 2009, 06:40 PM
:rant: We do find the answer, but of course thats not the priority. :wink:

Shakthiprabha.
11th April 2009, 06:40 PM
:rant: We do find the answer, but of course thats not the priority. :wink:

:lol2: I know.
plum vanthu digressoin aathukku kathara poraanga :ashamed: :yessir:

sgokulprathap
11th April 2009, 06:43 PM
plum vanthu digressoin aathukku kathara poraanga :ashamed: :yessir: aarambichu vechadhE avarthaana. :huh:

sarna_blr
11th April 2009, 07:00 PM
vote podathavangalukelaam continuous aa baby shalini padathai 3 times, kaiya vaaya katti, parkka vekkanam :evil:
vote pOttavangalukku continuous aa baby shalini padathai 6 times, kaiya vaaya katti, parkka veppOm :evil:

Plum
11th April 2009, 09:27 PM
Sarnaa, baby shalini kodumainu unakke unakke theriyudhilla - oru vote podaradhu pinna :-)

Shakthiprabha.
11th April 2009, 09:36 PM
I assume most ppl do not wanna vote for baby shalini, cause of special affnity they have for her as actress shalini :|

Plum
11th April 2009, 09:41 PM
Yeah, and they haven't suffered first hand - prabhu ram sonna maadhiri nilave malarelaam theatrela paartha nammaloda childhood abused childhood - appo paarthurundhqa dhaan puriyum!

Shakthiprabha.
11th April 2009, 09:44 PM
:D and she was considered and portrayed as an ICON for smart children :evil: thats what irritates me more.

Shakthiprabha.
11th April 2009, 09:45 PM
:redjump: someone voted for baby shalini :bow:

engirunthaalum vaazhga nandri :redjump:

Plum
12th April 2009, 03:19 PM
vijayakumari pathi grouchovaiyum ennaiyum tahvira yaarum pesave illai - naan dhaan kashta pattu case ellam pottaen - ippo ennadana avanga leading-la irukkanga.
AVM Rajan is shockingly in last position.

P_R
12th April 2009, 03:50 PM
vijayakumari pathi grouchovaiyum ennaiyum tahvira yaarum pesave illai - naan dhaan kashta pattu case ellam pottaen - ippo ennadana avanga leading-la irukkanga.
AVM Rajan is shockingly in last position.

niRaiya pEr pEchchu moochchu illaama paadhikkappattirukkaanga. ippo kondhaLichchuttAnga. Chance-kku nanRi hai

sankara1970
12th April 2009, 04:31 PM
I entered this discussion with fear of finding my favourite actor
Thank God, I did not find.

I felt some names are missing-VSRagavan, SV Subbaiah,Nagaiah, who will top the list any day.

I laughed immediately on seeing the patta payar for all these listed artists.

kalyan
12th April 2009, 11:59 PM
my choices of actors acting much in excess of their remuneration are

1) the first place goes to Baby Shamilee, without doubt. except for the movie "anjali" she acted like Rs. 5= Rs.50000. especially in Rama Narayanan movies where her co actors will be monkey, dog, SS chandran, kanaka and Shadows Ravi, in that order. idhula kooththu ennAnnA some 55 yr old granny will play her mother role and this kid will sing some dumb song in the lines of "Paappa pAdum pAttu... kEttu thalaiya Attu" swaying her head side to side. Torture, is the word. :evil:

2) SS Rajendran; some people may like him for his tamil pronunciation and dialog delivery, but he was the "big Daddy" to our 'captain' in dialog delivery. the baddies will bleed from their ears and die a painfiul death hearing his dialogs. PongalO Pongal thaan. Rs 5= Rs 5000 :x

3) in the 80s generation heroes, there were two sterling performances which i would like to bring to the attention of hubbers

a) Rajnikant in "Priya", especially in the later half. after sridevi gets kidnapped and rajni tries to locate her, the scenes where he tries to remember the route sitting in a taxi (or something like that), sriramanin srideviyae song, come on, flat rate Rs. 5 = Rs 500 :)

b) Amaithippadai. Sathyaraj. Wait, dont get me wrong. In the first half an hour the young (?) CPRF Sathyaraj's acting will make AVM Rajan and Sahnmugasundaram run for cover. Ditto the same with "Walter Vetrivel", "kattalai", "Vandicholai Sinrasu" and similar movies released in the '93-94 period. Sathyaraj was like "Sesa Goa" shares in sensex, buy at Rs 2 and Sell at Rs 700 :lol:

kalyan
13th April 2009, 12:05 AM
i havent seen Kalai Rani much, but i didnt find her that annoying when i saw her performances in mUdhalvan and Dum Dum Dum. In fact, her co actor in Dum Dum Dum, "Delhi" Kumar celebrated a lot of "Pongal" on the sets. :)

Plum
13th April 2009, 12:21 AM
Kalyan, shamilee listla illai adhanala shalinikku pottudunga vote :-)
Yes,satyaraj in serious roles that don't involve even an ounce of nakkal is a good candidate

joe
13th April 2009, 07:07 AM
My vote goes to 'Adhiradi Villain', 'Hey Hey Hey' Ashish Vidyarthi :)

groucho070
13th April 2009, 07:20 AM
I hate to disappoint my fellow pazhaya padam fans, but I am going to go for Vijayakumari. Her crime - she worked with the best in the industry, and still she can commit this! Come on!!!

Sorry SP. Shalini was at least young. Juvenile case-u. Athan vittudten.

NOV
13th April 2009, 08:41 AM
my vote was also for Vaijayakumari. she is the undisputed queen.

AVM Rajan comes a close second.

Plum
13th April 2009, 10:19 AM
Ok, popular sentiment against mrs rajendran - bow to public opinion.

Madhu Sree
13th April 2009, 10:35 AM
My vote is for baby shalini... Overacting queen...

Plum
13th April 2009, 11:03 AM
Groucho , kavuthittiyepa-to be treated as a juvenile, shalini shouldn't have done her ultra-adultish child routines that many times.
Madhushree, one more for shalini - vaazhga

Shakthiprabha.
13th April 2009, 11:08 AM
Shalinikku vote pottavangallaam siranjeeviya nalla irunga :emotionally_ponging:

thanks plum for recommending :P

Shakthiprabha.
13th April 2009, 11:09 AM
Title Favourite, 'Paravasakunju' AVM Rajan

'puNnagai arasi', 'Ennanga' KR Vijaya

I just noticed these now :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

groucho070
13th April 2009, 11:23 AM
Vijayakumari and Baby Shalini leading. Sort of invalidates the other thread on over-emoting actresses.

jaiganes
13th April 2009, 11:43 AM
kadaisila poll varaikkum vandhaacha- idhellaam romba over - I did not mean the acting..

Shakthiprabha.
13th April 2009, 11:44 AM
jg,

edhedukko poll vekkaraanga, ithukku vecha enna :P

Plum
13th April 2009, 01:59 PM
SP, paravasakunju is coination of ex hubber OISG - avarellam irundha, avmrku title vvangi kuduthuut dhaan oinjiruppar

Shaliniyai jeyikka vaikka vendiyadhu namma kadamai illaiya - idhuku edhuku thanks ellam - enna hubberslqam serndhu vijayakumariya tople vechu padutharanga.

Groucho, idhu general competition - adhu ladies only competition - basically, as they have proved, general categorylaiye jeikka koodiya candidates ivanga. Andha thread is for womens category only - adhula jeyicha women's grandmaster, idhula jeyicha grandmaster - chess maadhiri.

Jg, enna ipdi sollittenga - romba serious aasamiya ieuppenga pola - thoda light lelo bhaisaab!

Shakthiprabha.
13th April 2009, 02:00 PM
Shaliniyai jeyikka vaikka vendiyadhu namma kadamai illaiya - idhuku edhuku thanks ellam - enna hubberslqam serndhu vijayakumariya tople vechu padutharanga.

:)

groucho070
13th April 2009, 02:09 PM
Groucho, idhu general competition - adhu ladies only competition - basically, as they have proved, general categorylaiye jeikka koodiya candidates ivanga. Andha thread is for womens category only - adhula jeyicha women's grandmaster, idhula jeyicha grandmaster - chess maadhiri.

:D

Maaan....imagine the prospect of having VK nominated there too. Double bumper! Two winning titles. Yesss! :twisted:

Plum
13th April 2009, 02:22 PM
Ange en target jyothika. Ippo bisya irukken - konjam time kedaikkarache attack pandren

Nerd
13th April 2009, 07:29 PM
Voted for vijayakumari just to make sure shalini does not win 8-)

ThalaNass
13th April 2009, 07:32 PM

Same blood..

Vijayakumari yaarune teriyaama avangalukku vote poturukEnna paatukOngalEn :lol2:

crajkumar_be
13th April 2009, 07:35 PM
After much contemplation, voted for K.R.V Jaya

Avangalukku 2 vote-dhaana? :shock:

Sanguine Sridhar
13th April 2009, 08:14 PM
After much contemplation, voted for K.R.V Jaya

Avangalukku 2 vote-dhaana? :shock:

Innoru vote naan thaan potten. :D

Plum
13th April 2009, 08:41 PM
Nerd, thalaness, idhuvallavo latchiyam. Appave mild-a doubt irundhudhu indha maadhiri sadhi nadakkumnu.
'Babyk shalini-ai paarkamale, avanga kodumai ennqannu theriyamale vottu.adhuvum yaarunnu theriyadha vijayakumarikku _ nalla irungappa.

*Soodhu kavvum, dharmam vellum*

littlemaster1982
13th April 2009, 09:36 PM

Same here 8-)

joe
13th April 2009, 09:37 PM

Intha techniquenala thaampa tamil nadu-nna world-e miraLuthu.

Shakthiprabha.
13th April 2009, 09:38 PM
Nerd, thalaness, idhuvallavo latchiyam. Appave mild-a doubt irundhudhu indha maadhiri sadhi nadakkumnu.
'Babyk shalini-ai paarkamale, avanga kodumai ennqannu theriyamale vottu.adhuvum yaarunnu theriyadha vijayakumarikku _ nalla irungappa.

*Soodhu kavvum, dharmam vellum*

Ofcourse I (most of us) suspected this plum :P

jaiganes
13th April 2009, 09:38 PM
Voted for unarchi kumari - because overactingnaa ennaannu avanga dhan ulagathukkae theriya vechaanga - Ennai vittu odi poga mudiyuma paate podhum. Kanna karumai nirak kanna- is simply a last ball sixer clincher for her.

steveaustin
13th April 2009, 09:39 PM
Intha techniquenala thaampa tamil nadu-nna world-e miraLuthu.
:rotfl: :rotfl:

littlemaster1982
13th April 2009, 09:43 PM
Voted for unarchi kumari - because overactingnaa ennaannu avanga dhan ulagathukkae theriya vechaanga - Ennai vittu odi poga mudiyuma paate podhum. Kanna karumai nirak kanna- is simply a last ball sixer clincher for her.

Plum
13th April 2009, 09:50 PM
Lm, neenga jai quote pannina paattu ellam paarthurukkengala?

Jai, vijayakumari surely deserves the crown. Shalini thothadhula varuthmanalum, jeyichadhu yaaru? Apart from the songs you quoted, oruthi oruvanai is a masterpiece - adhula oru range of emotion overact panni iruppanga.
Epdi irundhalum, by default, children categoryla shalini dhaan winner :-)

jaiganes
13th April 2009, 09:52 PM

Jai, vijayakumari surely deserves the crown. Shalini thothadhula varuthmanalum, jeyichadhu yaaru? Apart from the songs you quoted, oruthi oruvanai is a masterpiece - adhula oru range of emotion overact panni iruppanga.
Epdi irundhalum, by default, children categoryla shalini dhaan winner :-)

neenga sonna paattai paathuttu paathirathai paathu kanavila bayandhu irukkaen pala naal. Pazhaya bayngara ninaivugaLa kiLaradheenga plum saar - apparam nandhu asyluthlendhu escape aaiduvaan. Jaakiradhai.

littlemaster1982
13th April 2009, 09:54 PM

"Kanna Karumai Nira Kanna" paarthirukken, adhanaaladhan adhai bold pannen.

Now what :lol2:

jaiganes
13th April 2009, 09:58 PM

Plum sonna paattai paathenganna ung aveetule oru paathiram kooda theraadhu - neengale melt panniguveenga ellaththayum.

littlemaster1982
13th April 2009, 10:00 PM

Plum sonna paattai paathenganna ung aveetule oru paathiram kooda theraadhu - neengale melt panniguveenga ellaththayum.

Edhukku vambu :oops: