PDA

View Full Version : 10 to 70 - News & Updates on Surya

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

rifath
27th August 2010, 04:48 PM
BTW no doubt that Surya is no 1 as of now in the Current Generation stars both in popularity as well as acting Talent :yes:

I object this STRONGLY.............:yes:

Welcome :boo:

In POPULARITY still VIJAY/AJITH is Leading although their recent flicks didnt do that well in the BO

In terms of fan base u may be right.. But that alone does not add up to popularity.. There are lot more section, mainly family.. As of Today Surya is much more popular among families and he is very much regarded by them as a very good actor and his movies to be much worthy... yaerkanavae vaera side fans kooda konjam intha pakkam vara aarambichaachu... eppadiyum Kamal fans mostly Surya va pidichidum.. and few more.. Overall paartha Surya would be having more without any doubt among this generation...

In ACTING talent VIKRAM can give a tight competition or even over-take SURIYA

For me no and he cant take over Surya in any terms.

Definitely can't agree this. In families and mainly among kids vijay is more,more popular than surya.Bcoz of the recent flops may be his popularity can decrease, not not below of surya's.ye among kids vijay is very strong in that aspect.becoz of his looks and styles .kids will like surya.but if there is a comparison.vijay wil take it away. no offence meant to any actor.just the fact.it is true vijay's recent sura didnt do very well.but also look at previous vettaikaran which was a cracker.and extremely few actors can sustain fan base and popularity even in their hard times.vijay defnly one of them.no offence meant but will suriya have same popularity if singam had failed and ezhamm arivu fails.(touch wood)

SuraTheLeader
27th August 2010, 05:11 PM
BTW no doubt that Surya is no 1 as of now in the Current Generation stars both in popularity as well as acting Talent :yes:

I object this STRONGLY.............:yes:

Welcome :boo:

In POPULARITY still VIJAY/AJITH is Leading although their recent flicks didnt do that well in the BO

In terms of fan base u may be right.. But that alone does not add up to popularity.. There are lot more section, mainly family.. As of Today Surya is much more popular among families and he is very much regarded by them as a very good actor and his movies to be much worthy... yaerkanavae vaera side fans kooda konjam intha pakkam vara aarambichaachu... eppadiyum Kamal fans mostly Surya va pidichidum.. and few more.. Overall paartha Surya would be having more without any doubt among this generation...

In ACTING talent VIKRAM can give a tight competition or even over-take SURIYA

For me no and he cant take over Surya in any terms.

Let me be CLEAR
This is just a discussion.... Not Quarrel/Fight

*With Due credits and respect to surya....
He deserves his current position [No.1] in KOLLYWOOD
through his good selection of scripts,directors,producers,dedication and Hard-Work [ 6 PACKS for VA just for few scenes ]
But that doesnt mean He has grown Above VJ/AJITH in terms of popularity......

VIJAY :

* His 50th Movie SURA was a Disaster in the BO
*Contoversy with Theatre-Owners to pay for the loss incurred...
With these many problems,
*His 37th BIRTHDAY was celebrated in a GRAND MANNER across TAMIL NADU amongst the FANS when compared to the current KOLLYWOOD BO KING SURYA's Birthday which followed the very next month of VJ
*Nearly 20,000 Fans gathered for the Launch of his Movie VELAYUDHAM
*He got the BEST ENTERTAINER VIJAY AWARD 2009 for VETTAIKARAN [ This is selected through Audience Poll ]

AJITH : His last movies ASAL got released on FEB 5 2010,was a FLOP.
There were many speculations on his 50th Film,
who the Director will be,
whether CLOUD NINE will produce or they will walk-out,
whether he is going to RACE,HERE,THERE.......
Caught in a controversy in a PUBLIC SPEECH....
Whether he is going to continue in Films.........
All said and Done, a MERE 80 SEC MANGATHHA TRAILER got an enormous reception among FANS

*To Add one more point FANS also belong to some families...
They are not ORPHANS :lol:
Since I m a very big FAN OF VIJAY,my mom too likes VIJAY....
Same might be the CASE with most of the FANS,I guess

MY CONCLUSION : SURYA has Joined the BIG LEAGUE along with VJ/AJITH but not yet crossed them [in Popularity].....

I dont want to discuss ACTING skills as I dont have much knowledge on those lines...

If anything wrong,u can move this to DIGS :)

NOV
27th August 2010, 05:54 PM
Sura, :thumbsup: on how you have put your point across without provoking or insulting.
This is how a discussion should be held. :)

SuraTheLeader
27th August 2010, 05:57 PM
Sura, :thumbsup: on how you have put your point across without provoking or insulting.
This is how a discussion should be held. :)

:ty: NOV

NOV
27th August 2010, 06:00 PM
I don't agree with you, but I like the way you have put it. :D

HonestRaj
27th August 2010, 06:15 PM
I dont want to discuss ACTING skills as I dont have much knowledge on those lines...

edhu thevayO.. adhai mattum post panreenga parunga.. neenga namma settu :)

SuraTheLeader
27th August 2010, 06:51 PM

In a Lighter Vein,
Adha pathi enakkum theriyathu.... enga THALABATHY-kkum theriyadhu... :lol:

Hope VJ fans doesnt get hurt as it comes from a VERY BIG VIJAY FAN, MYSELF :)

VinodKumar's
27th August 2010, 08:08 PM

In a Lighter Vein,

Hello ungaluku theriyaathunu sollunga athenna Thalapathyku theriyaathunu. :evil:

1000 times solliyaachu loosa, psych ah, handicapped ah nadicha mattum andipu kedayathu nu innum antha scale la yae nadipa alantha eppdi !!! :sigh2:

SuraTheLeader
27th August 2010, 08:18 PM

In a Lighter Vein,

Hello ungaluku theriyaathunu sollunga athenna Thalapathyku theriyaathunu. :evil:

1000 times solliyaachu loosa, psych ah, handicapped ah nadicha mattum andipu kedayathu nu innum antha scale la yae nadipa alantha eppdi !!! :sigh2:

Anna, vanakkangna....
Idhu chumma oru thamashukudhana.......
Just like self-criticising [ K.BHAGYARAJ style ]
Innaikku oru kevalamana trendae CHENNAI-la irukku........
If u r a Software Engineer [ as if they Invented the World ] u should not be a FAN of VIJAY and u should criticise him.....
But In my Off I m the lonely person who supports and backs VIJAY to the Core.I feel its my duty as I have been Entertained so much by him.
If u feel BAD about it,I m ready to Apologise 1000 Times and many more for the sake of :notworthy: VIJAY :notworthy:

VinodKumar's
27th August 2010, 08:22 PM

In a Lighter Vein,

Anna, vanakkangna....
Idhu chumma oru thamashukudhana.......
Just like self-criticising [ K.BHAGYARAJ style ]
Innaikku oru kevalamana trendae CHENNAI-la irukku........
If u r a Software Engineer [ as if they Invented the World ] u should not be a FAN of VIJAY and u should criticise him.....
But In my Off I m the lonely person who supports and backs VIJAY to the Core.I feel its my duty as I have been Entertained so much by him.
If u feel BAD about it,I m ready to Apologise 1000 Times and many more for the sake of :notworthy: VIJAY :notworthy:

No problem Sura 8-).

MADDY
27th August 2010, 08:25 PM
If u r a Software Engineer [ as if they Invented the World ]

did u invent the world that u r living in - dont talk abt someones profession etc

VinodKumar's
27th August 2010, 08:27 PM

did u invent the world that u r living in - dont talk abt someones profession etc

Maddy, y tension :roll: Konja IT pasanga appdi thaana nadanthukuraanga. Athunaala namma ellorukum ketta peru.

FYI - Naanum athae / Sura vum athae :D

SuraTheLeader
27th August 2010, 08:29 PM

Maddy, y tension :roll: Konja IT pasanga appdi thaana nadanthukuraanga. Athunaala namma ellorukum ketta peru.

:yes: :exactly:

Arun555
27th August 2010, 08:30 PM
@sura the leader....

AJITH has given many flops not only asal, i accept it nd also vijay...they both doing 50 nd 51st movie.

but surya 25 padam pannittu last 4 padam sumaara ponathukee ippadi no.1 sollureengaa... appo visal laa ippadi thaan ellarum sonnaga...ippa avoroda nelama...

vishal also has 8 packs than surya....u must accept it.even sarath kumar.

ajith nd vijay both r diff from others,they both faced many obstacles.

surya ku intha hit oru nelayana edatha pidikka help pannuthu, theater kuu audience response increase aagum thats all, he has to travel a lot.

so dont compare with ajith/vijay ..even i seen they r comparing with Kamal....enna koduma sir ithu....ithu kuu support veera pandreengaa.

i think i dint posted provacating / insulting any body....just my opinion.

raghavendran
27th August 2010, 08:33 PM
@sura the leader....

AJITH has given many flops not only asal, i accept it nd also vijay...they both doing 50 nd 51st movie.

but surya 25 padam pannittu last 4 padam sumaara ponathukee ippadi no.1 sollureengaa... appo visal laa ippadi thaan ellarum sonnaga...ippa avoroda nelama...

vishal also has 8 packs than surya....u must accept it.even sarath kumar.

ajith nd vijay both r diff from others,they both faced many obstacles.

surya ku intha hit oru nelayana edatha pidikka help pannuthu, theater kuu audience response increase aagum thats all, he has to travel a lot.

so dont compare with ajith/vijay ..even i seen they r comparing with Kamal....enna koduma sir ithu....ithu kuu support veera pandreengaa.

i think i dint posted provacating / insulting any body....just my opinion.very true...

MADDY
27th August 2010, 08:42 PM

enna nadanthukuraanga?? i think the comment "kevalam" and "invention" is unwarranted......

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
27th August 2010, 11:57 PM
Vishal also has 8 packs than surya

:shock: Nobody had put 8 packs and all !! Aamir in Ghajini had one extra to 6... That's all... Surya 6 & Vishal also 6 :P

m_karthik
28th August 2010, 03:49 AM
Rajni-Kamal separate ah hits kuduthaanga orey timela..
Ajith-Vijay separate ah hits kuduthaanga orey timela..

Surya single ah varaar.. Correct ah Singam nu peru vachi irukkanga..
:)

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
28th August 2010, 12:31 PM
[tscii:d2684bc957]
Suriya's Jealousy Over Aarya

The audio launch of Boss Engira Baskaran saw together coming of various film personalities of Tamil film industry coming together. Actor Suriya remained as the cynosure of all eyes as he walked onto the dais along with Harris Jayaraj to release the music of Boss Engira Baskaran.

Expressing his words of appreciation for actor Aarya, Suriya jocosely said, I become like a green-eyed monster when a Aaryas song is aired on channels. In fact, my family members keep singing his praises right throughout the song. I feel proud of his adeptness to get him delineated in contrastive roles in every film

Also present for the occasion were producer K. Srinivasan, Parthiban, TFPC President Rama Narayanan, Na. Muthukumar, Udhayanidhi Stalin, Na. Muthukumar, filmmakers Dharani, Vijay, Vishnuvardhan, Santhanam, Moser Baer Dhananjayan, cameraman Sakthi Saravanan, choreographer Dinesh, producer R.B. Choudary and many others were present.

Perhaps, the fans of Yuvan Shankar Raja and Nayanthara were disappointed due to their absence.[/tscii:d2684bc957]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
29th August 2010, 11:48 PM
Awesomeeee !

Surya at Loyola College Alumni Association Celebration Day : (Exclusive Photos)

www.suryafansclub.com/gallery/surya-loyolla-college-photos/

Thirumaran
30th August 2010, 12:23 PM
Let me be CLEAR
This is just a discussion.... Not Quarrel/Fight

nalla vaela solliteenga.. naanum arivaaloada eranganumoannu bayanthuttu irutnhae :shaking: :P

*With Due credits and respect to surya....

He deserves his current position [No.1] in KOLLYWOOD
through his good selection of scripts,directors,producers,dedication and Hard-Work [ 6 PACKS for VA just for few scenes ]

Nice to see accepting the fact rather like few who would come and rotfl :thumbsup:

But that doesnt mean He has grown Above VJ/AJITH in terms of popularity......

VIJAY :

* His 50th Movie SURA was a Disaster in the BO
*Contoversy with Theatre-Owners to pay for the loss incurred...
With these many problems,
*His 37th BIRTHDAY was celebrated in a GRAND MANNER across TAMIL NADU amongst the FANS when compared to the current KOLLYWOOD BO KING SURYA's Birthday which followed the very next month of VJ
*Nearly 20,000 Fans gathered for the Launch of his Movie VELAYUDHAM
*He got the BEST ENTERTAINER VIJAY AWARD 2009 for VETTAIKARAN [ This is selected through Audience Poll ]

MY CONCLUSION : SURYA has Joined the BIG LEAGUE along with VJ/AJITH but not yet crossed them [in Popularity].....

If anything wrong,u can move this to DIGS :)

I had clearly mentioned that in hard core fans Vijay may be having more numbers than Surya. But that alone does not make to the overall popularity and film's success.

athuvum illaama, Innaya Date kku Panam irunthaa Meeting nadaththi naan kooda koottam koottalaam :huh:

(Note: naren told that for Velayathum, the place where the function held had a capacity less than 4000.. He went there to see. Reg Audience poll or Vijay TV how they conduct check with the insiders.. That does not prove anything)

Oru Example eduthukaraen...
Kamal fans.. Most of the fans dont whistle in theaters or in a great rush to watch it in FDFS or so.. You cant find the usual fans like the ones other's has.. That does not mean he has less fans than the younger stars itself..

UPO.. A movie with no songs, no heroines, no comedians, and initially extremely less advertisements .. not even 1/10 th of other big movies get.. no big banners.. no sun, Red Giant or Cloud nine.. Still the movie managed to get 55 lakhs as opening in chennai. Just consider the same situations for other actors.. It would not even have touched 40 lakhs...This is how popularity w.r.t cinema shd be taken..

now consider Surya.. I am not saying Surya also in the same lines.. But to some extent that also adds... Most of the Kamal fans for sure would like Surya..Konjam pinnoakki poana..Shivaji fans would like surya.. mainly due to the variety he had shown over years..

Some one said Vijay has more fans among children.. I agree he had.. That was mainly due to the Songs selection and the Dance which in turn was helpful in bringing the family audience.. But that was the thing of the past..he still has that set of audience, but lot got settled back..
Kuzhanthaikkaaga niraya periyavanga poi padam paakuraanga.. 2 or 3 movies ok.. if the same thing is repeated in each and every movie then what is the need to spend money for seeing the same usual stories with no improvement in acting side.. For songs satellite TV's are providing non stop services.. They can better get settled with that.. For Sonngs and Dance few more including Surya too does.. Vijay may be better.. But for children everyone is the same.. The parents who bring Children also it does not matter who dances well.. they want 3 hrs peace and entertainment much more that 25 minutes songs or dances..

Similiary for any other category of film goers like College Students, girls, etc..etc.. etc.. no one would be interested in seeing the same thing again and again without any variety..It is Very easy to understand the other categories of movie goers would prefer Surya over others..

check the past 5 movies or so among these actors, the openings, the overall collections of those movies... It is very easy to get Surya gained more popularity overall in the years....

With Just hardcore fans (I agree Vijay may be having more than any other actor of this generation) u can atmost gaurantee a good opening.. that too not always.. And this year's best opening after raavanan is Singam... As i said the other section of audience moslty may not necessarily go in the opening week end.. but still they might be interested in watching a Surya movie after the initial week end.. which is not the case for other actors.. They would carefully look for the reviews and wom before watching a other actor's movie..

Ippoathaikku Surya not only gaurantees great opening but also bring people.. Considering the big picture.. Surya for sure is more likeable or popular..

I would like to see others change their path and hope we see good competition over years..

MADDY
30th August 2010, 12:52 PM
athuvum illaama, Innaya Date kku Panam irunthaa Meeting nadaththi naan kooda koottam koottalaam :huh:

adhula, ponnunga evalvu peru varuvaanga??

Kamal fans.. Most of the fans dont whistle in theaters or in a great rush to watch it in FDFS or so..

neenga namma pasanga-oda(bala, anban) padam paathadhilla-nnu nenaikkren :lol:

Some one said Vijay has more fans among children.. I agree he had.. That was mainly due to the Songs selection and the Dance which in turn was helpful in bringing the family audience.. But that was the thing of the past..he still has that set of audience, but lot got settled back..

clearly, the girls(15-25yrs), family audience drifting towards surya but kids is still vijay's forte and boys(15-25) is Ajith's forte.......but there are fissures developing in these groups too.......as far as i see, the "group loyalty" lines blurring and we see lot of trends emerging in people choosing their fav movie - we should see it stabilise in some years.....but no more superstardom etc - its by far over....

Ippoathaikku Surya not only gaurantees great opening but also bring people.. Considering the big picture.. Surya for sure is more likeable or popular..I would like to see others change their path and hope we see good competition over years..

idhu unga sondha karuthhu mattume - good team and supposedly unique scripts of surya is guaraneeing good opening - imagine a VA without HJ or imagine a Ayan without that script.........likeable, popular - its happening in favor of surya but as i said - "loyalty" is for the movie and not for surya - once he gives bad movies, he would also go where his peers too went.....

when surya does a singam to feel assured abt his status in BO - i dont think thats a good path - even he has to be brave abt his attempts yet smart abt it.......but yea, surya is a very smart person and he is set to construct a unbreakable image/BO hold in years to come.......

mnaren555
30th August 2010, 12:55 PM
TM anna ku oru complan kodunga pa...

10th la essay padichean.. athuku appuran ippo than.... :P

Tm anna neenga enna solla vareenga ippo.. orae line la sollunga paapoam

Puliyan_Biryani
30th August 2010, 01:31 PM
IMO, past 5 movies or 3-4 years mattum vachu idhai decide panna mudiyumnu thonalai. At the moment, Surya is in form and whatever he touches seem to be turning to gold. But that doesn't mean he can be bracketed as the No.1 among Vijay, Ajith and Vikram.

There was a time when Vikram gave 6-7 hits in a row and won the National award as well. But after that he has hit a slump and is now trying to give a few hits (IMHO). If you look at the careers of Vijay and Ajith, they have endured slumps and came back with resounding successes. No doubt Surya will face such situation as well and how he comes out of that will be very interesting to see.

WRT carefully looking for reviews of other actors. Surya padathukku ellaarum kannai moodittu poraangannu solla varreengala? :confused2: Saw in Box Office thread that Sura (above average movie-nu sollava Vijay fans?) is in 3rd place (not a comparison but since you mentioned about BO opening I am bringing this up). Surya-voda flop/above average movie endha edathula irukkunnu paatha unmai nelavaram ennannu theriyum. Review padichuttu poravanga, ellaa padathukkum review padichuttudhaan povaanga. Surya padam-na review paakkamale povaanga-nu solradhai accept panna mudiyalai.

kid-glove
30th August 2010, 01:35 PM
Who is the multiplex sweetheart? That's the major factor in TFI box office today..

Thirumaran
30th August 2010, 02:15 PM

Surys is the best among younger and currently most popular :poke:

WRT carefully looking for reviews of other actors. Surya padathukku ellaarum kannai moodittu poraangannu solla varreengala? :confused2:

For other Actors as the past experiences are very bad for sure Most will check for the reviews and WOM before opting.. Though Surya had given masala movies (imo those were better than other actor's masala movies, that is not the point anyway) he is coming with more performance oriented films people would definitely would try to give a try.. It is not that everyone would do.. Film goers la oru considerable section will do ..

And as Kid rightly mentioned Multiplex's Sweetheart..Intha Section of audience mostly go movies on week end's as a routine thing.. And Surya's movies romba super nnu solla mudiyutho illayo, nammala romba kastapaduthaatha movie nnu thelivaa sollidalaam.. So Surya movies kku romba yosikaama poaravanga athikam...

Saw in Box Office thread that Sura (above average movie-nu sollava Vijay fans?) is in 3rd place (not a comparison but since you mentioned about BO opening I am bringing this up).

That is w.r.t Malaysia alone. The way malaysian and few more Overseas works is totally different.. In TN, Sura will not be placed even in Top 20... Malaysia la paartha kooda Surya innaya date Top nnu thaan thoanuthu :wink:

raghavendran
30th August 2010, 02:33 PM
clearly, the girls(15-25yrs), family audience drifting towards surya but kids is still vijay's forte and boys(15-25) is Ajith's forte.......but there are fissures developing in these groups too.......as far as i see, the "group loyalty" lines blurring and we see lot of trends emerging in people choosing their fav movie - we should see it stabilise in some years.....but no more superstardom etc - its by far over....
he is giving bad movies now...performance wise which was his recent best?

idhu unga sondha karuthhu mattume - good team and supposedly unique scripts of surya is guaraneeing good opening - imagine a VA without HJ or imagine a Ayan without that script.........likeable, popular - its happening in favor of surya but as i said - "loyalty" is for the movie and not for surya - once he gives bad movies, he would also go where his peers too went.....

when surya does a singam to feel assured abt his status in BO - i dont think thats a good path - even he has to be brave abt his attempts yet smart abt it.......but yea, surya is a very smart person and he is set to construct a unbreakable image/BO hold in years to come.......he is giving bad movies now...performance wise which was his recent best?
:confused2: loyalty is concerned yes...massdom innum varale..and verithanam yarum support panna matange here aftre..even ajith and vj r losing quite a bit of their mass...suryavukku pudhusa build agadhunnu thonudhu..but he is clever..always does mvoies wid harriss and gud BO pinnani irukire directors...but wanna c how far this goes..since his market is growing..wil he try out new things which ajith failed to do after billa and vj failed to do after ghilli..even surya is getting repetitive

SuraTheLeader
30th August 2010, 02:42 PM
*When one is in a successful period,Its no wonder that there would be many surrounded to praise and support you.
*But the real love and affection comes to the fore when you are down,where VJ is now.
*I dont know which other Actor would have got hand full of projects even after having such a lean patch.
*I come from a place where many Girls love VJ as thier own Brother.[ They don't even consider me as thier BoyFriend :cry: ]
*Any one can give success in films with good team.
*But its really hard do gain an UN-CONDITIONAL love which VJ has earned for himself.
*Thats why I find it difficult to understand SURYA has gained more Popularity than VIJAY.

Regarding BO,
the real MASS OPENING could be judged when/if VELAYUDHAM and EZHAAM ARIVU releases on the same day. [ Good movie is going to win the race,But the OPENING POWER could be Judged easily]

Arun Prasad
30th August 2010, 02:56 PM
*When one is in a successful period,Its no wonder that there would be many surrounded to praise and support you.
*But the real love and affection comes to the fore when you are down,where VJ is now.
*I dont know which other Actor would have got hand full of projects even after having such a lean patch.
*I come from a place where many Girls love VJ as thier own Brother.[ They don't even consider me as thier BoyFriend :cry: ]
*Any one can give success in films with good team.
*But its really hard do gain an UN-CONDITIONAL love which VJ has earned for himself.
*Thats why I find it difficult to understand SURYA has gained more Popularity than VIJAY.

Regarding BO,
the real MASS OPENING could be judged when/if VELAYUDHAM and EZHAAM ARIVU releases on the same day. [ Good movie is going to win the race,But the OPENING POWER could be Judged easily]

:exactly: Surya and Vijay film or Surya and Ajith film has to released together so that we can come to know the real time scenario, who has got the huge popularity

Thirumaran
30th August 2010, 03:01 PM
Unga post gavanikkala

adhula, ponnunga evalvu peru varuvaanga??

Magalir ani paththi kaelvi pattathillayaa ... :huh:

Kamal fans.. Most of the fans dont whistle in theaters or in a great rush to watch it in FDFS or so..

neenga namma pasanga-oda(bala, anban) padam paathadhilla-nnu nenaikkren :lol:

I know :P
There are still Such.. But overall compare pannaa athu romba less thaan..

Naan atha direct aa sollala avvlothaan.. Surya konjam brilliant aa intha vishayam purinjathaala thaan.. he does versatile.. And yes.. Vijay might be still having more among children.. naan solla varathu ennanna Surya kku angayum vaakku kooduthu.. and muthallayae sonna maathiri Children a Kushi paduththa Oru Thiruttu DVD vaangi koduththutaa koodaa poathum..

This is applicable for anyone.. Loyalty yes.. I mentioned in different terms that Vijay might be having more in terms of hardcore fan base..

The loyalty group is <<<<<<<<< rest of the category w.r.t to cinema.. I would like to have people who likes me than the people who are loyal to me.. Loyalty comes when u expect something.. That is dangerous.. Can change any time.. Liking over others is a natural one.. :wink:

when surya does a singam to feel assured abt his status in BO - i dont think thats a good path - even he has to be brave abt his attempts yet smart abt it.......but yea, surya is a very smart person and he is set to construct a unbreakable image/BO hold in years to come.......

That is needed to Cover different set of audience.. As long as it is once in few movies fine.. Poaga poaga athayum reduce pannikalaam..IMO for near future he is quite safe with movies with Murugadoss, KVA.. eppadiyum irukkavae irukaaru Gautom Menon :wink: .. IMO Shankar kku kooda Surya vachchi pannanumnu idea irukkum.. Ellaathukkum maela Surya is Director's actor and willing to Shed tears and work hard which is not the case with others. So there :P :wink:

Thirumaran
30th August 2010, 03:03 PM
*I come from a place where many Girls love VJ as thier own Brother.

ithula irunthu purinjkalaam, Vijay kku popularity kammi aaguthunnu :roll:

SuraTheLeader
30th August 2010, 03:09 PM
*I come from a place where many Girls love VJ as thier own Brother.

ithula irunthu purinjkalaam, Vijay kku popularity kammi aaguthunnu :roll:

Becos he is no more a / never been a CHOCOLATE BOY IMAGE HERO.
He is moved to the next phase ACTION/MASS HERO

subash43
30th August 2010, 03:13 PM
The same thing happened when Vikram was on peak. We have to see the situation after 2 to 3 years. Apo Thiru anna avargal ena solrarunu parpoam.adhu varaikum :wave: to this kind of comparison

kid-glove
30th August 2010, 03:14 PM
ahaa... Nanda, Raktha charithram,-lam pakkum bodhu, chocolate illa ratham odumga....

Thirumaran
30th August 2010, 03:21 PM
Becos he is no more a / never been a CHOCOLATE BOY IMAGE HERO.
He is moved to the next phase ACTION/MASS HERO

Surya choclate boy nnu yaaru sonnathu :P Athu oru waste image.. Ponnungala Temporary aa namma pakkam irukka vaikkum avvlothaan...

The same thing happened when Vikram was on peak. We have to see the situation after 2 to 3 years. Apo Thiru anna avargal ena solrarunu parpoam.adhu varaikum :wave: to this kind of comparison

Surya vum Orae maathiri padangal, with no scope for acting nnu pannittu irunthaa tata kaamikka vaendiyathu thaan :huh:

subash43
30th August 2010, 03:24 PM
Surya vum Orae maathiri padangal, with no scope for acting nnu pannittu irunthaa tata kaamikka vaendiyathu thaan

Based on your above post can i assume, Vijay nalla padangal kodutha u will support him nu :huh:

Puliyan_Biryani
30th August 2010, 03:51 PM
Kid, nowadays Multiplex audience are very clever. Politics-la issue based support-nu solra maadhiri, Multiplex-la movie based support-dhaan kudukkaraanga IMHO. So not sure Surya or anyone can be called the Multiplex sweetheart. Agreed that his sophisticated roles in Ghajini, Kaakha Kaakha have earned him respect in multiplex, but when he does movies like Aaru, Vel, Singam (these can be classified as commerical, non-multiplex movies IMO) the multiplex audience would give it a miss.

adhukkudhaan oru loyal fan base thevaipadudhu. Which is why Surya is acting in Singam type movies to build his fan base.

Thirumaran
30th August 2010, 04:03 PM
Surya vum Orae maathiri padangal, with no scope for acting nnu pannittu irunthaa tata kaamikka vaendiyathu thaan

Based on your above post can i assume, Vijay nalla padangal kodutha u will support him nu :huh:

I will support his movies because the movie is good, I would support him too if he starts doing performance oriented movies and does well in that area too :wink:

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
30th August 2010, 04:13 PM
[tscii:4b438505c6]
Suriya's Green Signal For SMS Director

Director Rajesh is far-famed for his hilarious entertainers, but none knew he has a script of heat-pumping action-thriller in his mind. It was revealed by his close pal-cinematographer Sakthi Saravanan during the audio launch of Boss Engira Baskaran.

As Sakthi Saravanan was asked to share his experience of BEB to the special invitees, he appreciated Rajeshs great sense of humor and his finest expressions of creative visuals. Turning towards Suriya, he said, Rajesh has a stunning action thriller script in hand and I request Suriya sir to listen to it

When it was Suriyas turn, the actor gracefully uttered, sure Rajesh, I will listen to the script in latter in time.

Well, this turns to be a gateway to bigger show for director Rajesh, who has already signed a big budget comedy flick for producer Udhayanidhi Stalin under the banner of Red Giant Movies.

http://www.top10cinema.com/news/6289/suriyas-green-signal-for-sms-director

Now at Cyber Cafe ! My personal opinion - i find it very difficult to post through computer than my E63. :( [/tscii:4b438505c6]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
31st August 2010, 12:32 AM
Suriya's family admires Arya

Suriya might be a star in Kollywood and people might queue up to meet him, but the actor, at a recent function, admitted it is Arya who's the real star in his house. Suriya, who recently launched the audio of Arya's forthcoming film Boss Engira Baskaran, said, "My family loves Arya. They make it a point to catch all his films. And when a song from one of his films gets aired on television, they drop all work to watch it. No one moves from their place or scan the TV for other channels. Sometimes, I do feel a little jealous." Suriya added,

"Arya is lucky to have gotten an opportunity to perform different kinds of characters in a short span of time. And he's used the opportunity well." Hmmm, looks like this is the beginning of new dosti in Kollywood. :lol:

mnaren555
31st August 2010, 06:03 PM

Surys is the best among younger and currently most popular :poke:

neenga fail :lol:

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
2nd September 2010, 01:18 AM
WILL SURIYA OBLIGE ?

Cinematographer Sakthi Saravanan has revealed that director Rajesh, of Siva Manasula Sakthi fame, is ready with the script of an action flick. Rajesh is currently awaiting the release of the Arya-starrer Boss Engira Bhaskaran and is apparently finding it hard to convince a producer to take up the action film as he is has proved his mettle with comedy.

Sakthi Saravanan said that the action film will be suitable for Suriya and requested him to hear it out. Sources reveal that Suriya has agreed to lend his time to Rajesh and may sign the dotted lines if he is impressed.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/sep-10-01/suriya-arya-boss-engira-bhaskaran-01-09-10.html

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
2nd September 2010, 02:22 PM
[tscii:9e76771ea3]
Suriya and Lingusamy Share 1/4 cutting (Thursday September 2, 2010)

Last evening, the venue of Sathyam Cinemas was studded with Kollywoods most happening personalities were present for the audio launch of VA Quarter Cutting. Director Vishnuvardhan, Vijay, Udhayanidhi Stalin, Kalainyar TV Amirtham, Tamil Film Producers Council President Ramanarayanan, directors Pushkar-Gayathri and others were also present there.

About the title raising some doubts pertaining to the presence of English words, producer Dayanidhi Azhagiri said, the title is VA and according to Tamil grammar (Thunai Ezhuthu). However, Quarter Cutting is just the tagline.Couple of songs and films teaser was screened for the special invitees later followed by Suriya and Lingusamy launching the films audio.

http://www.top10cinema.com/news/6353/suriya-and-lingusamy-share-1%2f4-cutting [/tscii:9e76771ea3]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
2nd September 2010, 02:22 PM
[tscii:9b7d986a6f]
Suriya and Lingusamy Share 1/4 cutting (Thursday September 2, 2010)

Last evening, the venue of Sathyam Cinemas was studded with Kollywoods most happening personalities were present for the audio launch of VA Quarter Cutting. Director Vishnuvardhan, Vijay, Udhayanidhi Stalin, Kalainyar TV Amirtham, Tamil Film Producers Council President Ramanarayanan, directors Pushkar-Gayathri and others were also present there.

About the title raising some doubts pertaining to the presence of English words, producer Dayanidhi Azhagiri said, the title is VA and 04 according to Tamil grammar (Thunai Ezhuthu). However, Quarter Cutting is just the tagline.Couple of songs and films teaser was screened for the special invitees later followed by Suriya and Lingusamy launching the films audio.

http://www.top10cinema.com/news/6353/suriya-and-lingusamy-share-1%2f4-cutting [/tscii:9b7d986a6f]

Thirumaran
2nd September 2010, 02:28 PM
I think there was an interview day before yesterday regarding Raktha charithra..
IPVK,
Do u have that :roll:

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
2nd September 2010, 02:28 PM
[tscii:eb1d121c26]Suriya @ Quarter Cutting Audio Launch [Gallery]

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/Events/23383.html[/tscii:eb1d121c26]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
2nd September 2010, 02:30 PM
I think there was an interview day before yesterday regarding Raktha charithra..
IPVK,
Do u have that :roll:

Is it an article or video ???

Thirumaran
2nd September 2010, 02:45 PM
article.. some heading like Surya Consults with Jyo before doing a movie .. Konjam padichaen.. appuram vaera vaela vanthuchunnu vittutaen..

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
2nd September 2010, 03:03 PM
[tscii:011d58259c]A Big :ty: to Thiru anna.. Usually i easily find the mainstream articles under entertainment tab but this one was under the Glam-Sham tab... That's why i missed it !!

I consult Jo before accepting a script

Deccan Chronicle
August 31st, 2010

Ever since Suriya, known for his intense roles and method acting, blazed his way into Bollywood with Raktha Charitra, directed by ace filmmaker Ram Gopal Varma, theres been a big buzz around the actor.

DC caught up with the actor on the sets of 7 Aum Arivu, (where he was performing daredevil stunts without a body double) for an exclusive interview.

* Raktha Charitra is your big ticket to Bollywood. Are you excited or nervous ?

The way I see it, Hindi films are not my priority. RGV literally pulled me into trying a Bollywood project. I am a great fan of RGV and I have been watching all his films right from Rangeela. I have been asking him to come to Tamil cinema for quite some time now. But he was apprehensive since he wasnt comfortable with the language.
For me, it was Ramu sirs film that was the lure. When he narrated the script, the character I was to play really fascinated me. And now my wish has finally come true, I am bringing Ramu to the world of Tamil films with Raktha Charitra, releasing simultaneously in Tamil as Rattha Charithram and Rakta Charitra in Telugu.

It was an amazing experience working with him. He can make anyone a different personality and bring out the best in him or her. I am glad that I am making my debut in Hindi films through his movie. I was never scared of Bollywood. I speak fluent Hindi.

Back home, I have a lot of projects lined up in Tamil and my priority is always a good script. I take my own time before selecting a script. I waited for six months before I decided to do Kakka Kakka. I would rather be idle for six months than do a mediocre flick. Best part of the interview !! :notworthy:

* RGV has said that you are one actor who surprised him the most. Comment.

I am elated and impressed by Ramus compliment, but I dont entirely believe it. I am sure he must have come across lots of legendary actors in his career. He is genuinely fond of his actors, co-stars, technicians, and there is no hierarchy when you walk into the RGV school. Theres so much warmth and a friendly atmosphere. Thats true of his working style, too!

* Was it easy playing Maddalcheruvu Suri ?

It is not a question of easy or difficult. The situations are not forced; they are lived out by the persons concerned. To enact those situations was really challenging. There were a lot of questions that would crop up in my mind. If you look at it from the characters point of view, he is a nice person who sees his opponent as a monster. There is a reason for everything he does. But I must state that Raktha Charitra is a hard-hitting, violent film. Its almost a biopic, describing incidents which have happened in real life.

* Were you intimidated by the script at any point ?

Oh yeah. There is a scene where I have to speak this line of dialogue to the jail inmates. It goes like this: I saw my mother cut into two, my sister burnt alive, (I could identify her only through her necklace) and could not locate my brother as his slain body was scattered all over! For me it was much more than a piece of dialogue. When I thought of the trauma this man must have gone through, I was terrified

* Do you expect an award for RC ?

I dont keep awards in mind when I work. I just want to be a part of good cinema. If awards come my way, they are a bonus.

.......contd.[/tscii:011d58259c]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
2nd September 2010, 03:06 PM
[tscii:a2e71a1947]
* How did you prepare for your role as a circus acrobat in 7 Aum Arivu ?

7 Aum Arivu is one film where Murugadas and I are trying to take the audience to a different level. I play a circus artiste and I got trained from two veterans who worked for various popular circuses, including Bombay Circus. I was taught juggling, hand-walking, gymnastics, acro-dancing etc.

* Will you be performing tricks on stage during the audio launch ?

Hmmm. (Laughs) Lets see!

* Your films have consistently done well, now is there pressure to deliver a hit each time ?

I always trust my scripts and my films are driven by that fact. I dont see myself as more important than the script. With the market growing bigger each day, one cannot compromise only for commercial elements, they should be a part of the whole exercise. Even now when I accept a film, I feel the same enthusiasm and restlessness, as if it were my first project!

* How supportive is your wife Jyotika of your career ?

Before accepting a script, I consult everybody at home. And Jos opinion is very important to me I take her views seriously.

* Do you get complaints of not spending time with the family ?

(Smiles and his eyes shine while referring to his kids)
Oh, she is very understanding. She knows the demands of my career. On the other hand, you can give me some credit too (laughs). I am a responsible father.
Whenever I get a break from shooting, I shut myself up with my family Jo, Diya and Dev. I dont go out with my friends or even call them up. I even do my workouts before my kids wake up. Im a dutiful father, I do whatever I can, like helping Diya get ready for school, helping Jo feed the younger one, and so on. Although I admit I cant replace Jo totally in doing what she does. We dont even get five minutes time together, as Jo will be shuttling between one room and another.

* Whats the latest on your Agaram Foundation ?

I am happy with the way it is shaping. I want everybody to be a part of the cause its a push for education, which will make it a big movement one day.

* And your future film projects ?

I will be teaming up for the first time with top Tollywood director Puri Jaganath for a trilingual. This will be followed by a film with K.V. Anand. Theres a lot more in the pipeline one film at a time is my policy ! WOW !!! :D

Http://www.deccanchronicle.com/tabloids/i-consult-jo-accepting-script-024 [/tscii:a2e71a1947]

Thirumaran
3rd September 2010, 09:33 AM
:cool2: :ty:

Thirumaran
3rd September 2010, 09:44 AM
[tscii:97a6f58b5d]
* Your films have consistently done well, now is there pressure to deliver a hit each time ?

I always trust my scripts and my films are driven by that fact. I dont see myself as more important than the script. With the market growing bigger each day, one cannot compromise only for commercial elements, they should be a part of the whole exercise. Even now when I accept a film, I feel the same enthusiasm and restlessness, as if it were my first project!

:thumbsup:[/tscii:97a6f58b5d]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
4th September 2010, 01:53 AM
[tscii:9f917b6d3c]:slurp:

Will Suriya replace Ajith ?

IndiaGlitz,
[Friday, September 03, 2010]

Now that Ajith and Gautham Vasudev Menon have parted ways from doing a film together, it is said that the filmmaker would now make the movie with his favourite actor Suriya as the protagonist. Gautham likes to work with Suriya very much and he feels that the actor would suit to any kind of role. Hence his next choice for the project, which is a thriller, would obviously be Suriya , say sources.

Tentatively titled Thuppariyum Anand, the film is set in pre-Independence era. It is about a detective who zeroes in on culprits involved in sensitive cases in his own style, sources in the know maintain.

One more interesting buzz about the project is that Gautham Menon has signed British Model Amy Jackson, who played the lead role in Madrasapattinam, for the heroine role. His favourite cinematographer Manoj Paramahamsa is busy doing research for the film, sources add.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/59829.html [/tscii:9f917b6d3c]

Ramakrishna
4th September 2010, 02:30 AM
I would rather be idle for six months than do a mediocre flick.

Great thought. Wish it had occured to him when he decided to do Singam.

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
4th September 2010, 03:34 AM
Singam is a mediocre film - :notthatway:

Mr.Ramakrishna,,... Singam maybe a youtube film for you but BO stats are always there to say the truth !! At a time when mass flicks are failing to click at the BO, only Singam made the cash counters ringing !! It isn't a mediocre show.

Ramakrishna
4th September 2010, 12:32 PM

Mr.Ramakrishna,,... Singam maybe a youtube film for you but BO stats are always there to say the truth !! At a time when mass flicks are failing to click at the BO, only Singam made the cash counters ringing !! It isn't a mediocre show.

It may be a successful business venture, but it is still a mediocre/bad film for an actor of Surya's calibre. It is not that i don't want him to act in action movies. But Singam was not a good choice i felt.

Puliyan_Biryani
4th September 2010, 12:48 PM
:ty: for the news IPVK

vera oru thread revive aayirukku, adhukkudhaan danks.

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
4th September 2010, 03:44 PM

It may be a successful business venture, but it is still a mediocre/bad film for an actor of Surya's calibre. It is not that i don't want him to act in action movies. But Singam was not a good choice i felt.

Ok !! Lets see how RC comes out !! :P

Anban
4th September 2010, 03:49 PM

It may be a successful business venture, but it is still a mediocre/bad film for an actor of Surya's calibre. It is not that i don't want him to act in action movies. But Singam was not a good choice i felt. it is an extra ordinary film in the crap movie category..

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
4th September 2010, 04:02 PM
[tscii:a0683c02df]:slurp:

Will Suriya replace Ajith ?

IndiaGlitz,
[Friday, September 03, 2010]

Now that Ajith and Gautham Vasudev Menon have parted ways from doing a film together, it is said that the filmmaker would now make the movie with his favourite actor Suriya as the protagonist. Gautham likes to work with Suriya very much and he feels that the actor would suit to any kind of role. Hence his next choice for the project, which is a thriller, would obviously be Suriya , say sources.

Tentatively titled Thuppariyum Anand, the film is set in pre-Independence era. It is about a detective who zeroes in on culprits involved in sensitive cases in his own style, sources in the know maintain.

One more interesting buzz about the project is that Gautham Menon has signed British Model Amy Jackson, who played the lead role in Madrasapattinam, for the heroine role. His favourite cinematographer Manoj Paramahamsa is busy doing research for the film, sources add.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/59829.html [/tscii:a0683c02df]

Hmm !! Surya already has 2 projects which are yet to start and those projects may take some 2+ years for completion !! In that case this one is a big question for me :neutral: Hmm.. Paarkalaam !

Ramakrishna
4th September 2010, 04:20 PM

It may be a successful business venture, but it is still a mediocre/bad film for an actor of Surya's calibre. It is not that i don't want him to act in action movies. But Singam was not a good choice i felt. it is an extra ordinary film in the crap movie category..

When he is so hesitant to even accept a mediocre script, why should he choose to do a movie from the crap category.

Anban
4th September 2010, 04:35 PM

When he is so hesitant to even accept a mediocre script, why should he choose to do a movie from the crap category. money

rsubras
4th September 2010, 05:47 PM
Singam (and Aadhavan) was surya's way of relaxing after sweating it out for VA & Ayan...Also watz wrong in choosing one movie per genre... one for romance (VA), one for action (Ayan), one for time pass (Aadhavan) and one for masala (Singam)... if he does another movie in the same genre (like Arul sequelling to Saami) then we can question him

Roshan
4th September 2010, 06:11 PM
Singam (and Aadhavan) was surya's way of relaxing after sweating it out for VA & Ayan...Also watz wrong in choosing one movie per genre... one for romance (VA), one for action (Ayan), one for time pass (Aadhavan) and one for masala (Singam)... if he does another movie in the same genre (like Arul sequelling to Saami) then we can question him

I agree and Singam was liked by many - even by urban audience. Naan Raavanan paathu nonthu noolaagi vanthu relatives and friends kitta sonnappa - some asked if I have watched Singam and when they learnt I have not they said "Singatha vittuttu ethukku Ravanan paakka pOneenga" :lol:

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
5th September 2010, 01:49 AM
[tscii:c20dd0402c]
THE SUPER DADS :

While we have always cashed in on the mother sentiment brouhaha, the father-son relationship has largely been overlooked in Tamil cinema. However, movie makers are fast waking up to the potential mine of stories the father-son (or daughter) area could provide. The relationship has taken new dimensions in Tamil cinema in recent times. Since it is hard to depict, very few filmmakers have attempted to bring it on-screen. Here are a few :

Vaaranam Aayiram (Suriya) - Vaaranam Aayiram is one of the very few movies in Tamil cinema that explored human relationships in a very subtle manner. Father Son relationship was the key aspect of the movie and Surya symbolizes both the roles earnestly with his meticulous acting prowess showing fine nuances as a father and as a son.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-slide-shows/movie-4/kollywood-dad/vaaranam-aayiram.html [/tscii:c20dd0402c]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
5th September 2010, 02:59 PM
Surya's New Ad : Edhu Super (Coming Soon)

Ad 1 (www.flickr.com/photos/7asurya/4956517696/)

Ad 2 (www.flickr.com/photos/7asurya/4958050369/)

First pic Hairstyle, Ear Ring :2thumbsup:

Courtesy : Ashwin, ASFC Blog

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
5th September 2010, 08:24 PM
Rajnikanth's Prolonging Chats Suriya, Manirathnam, Sridevi

Top10cinema,
September 4, 2010

A doting father and a superstar affair: It was unimaginably one of the greatest marriages of this year. In spite of many celebrities, close relatives and others walking onto the stage, Rajnikanth made sure he shot some breeze with few people. One of those spotted celebs was music director G.V. Prakash. As the young chap walked upon the dais, Rajnikanth shook hands with him and casually had some interactions.

Actor Suriya was other guest of honor as Superstar persistently kept chatting with him.

Chiranjeevi, Sridevi, Radhika, Manirathnam and his wife Suhasini were the special honors of this occasion.

http://www.top10cinema.com/news/6395/rajnikanths-prolonging-chats-suriya-manirathnam-sridevi

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
7th September 2010, 01:15 AM
Dunno about what is this :oops: Any Malayali can give some hint about what is there inside the scan :P

Malayalam magazine.. சூர்யா ana scans

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_fwrygIHZ7w8/TIR_TxYoNYI/AAAAAAAAAJY/KbcczC00Y5I/s1600/image003.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_fwrygIHZ7w8/TIR_TdI5fBI/AAAAAAAAAJQ/g6lqKIfJCZQ/s1600/image002.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_fwrygIHZ7w8/TIR_TK4h5tI/AAAAAAAAAJI/jk-emLY5LlQ/s1600/image001.jpg

Site Link: http://rssuryafans.blogspot.com/2010/09/malayalam-magazine-ana.html

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
7th September 2010, 01:23 AM
ஜோதிகாவிடம் சினிமா பேசுவதே இல்லை-சூர்யா

பேட்டியின் போது சூர்யா கூறியதாவது:

நான் நடிக்க வந்து 12 ஆண்டுகள் ஆகிறது. 'அயன்' என்னுடைய 23-வது படம். வாரணம் ஆயிரம் படத்திற்கு எனக்கு நிறைய ஆதரவு கிடைத்தது. பாராட்டுகளும் கிடைத்தன. அதற்கு நான் தகுதி உள்ளவனா? என்ற புழுக்கம் உள்ளுக்குள் இருந்து கொண்டு இருக்கிறது. உண்மையைச் சொல்லணும்னா, பாராட்டு கிடைத்த அளவுக்கு நான் இன்னும் உழைக்கவே இல்லை.

ரகுமான் சொல்வது போல், எல்லா புகழும் இறைவனுக்கே. எல்லாம் படங்களிலும் நடிக்கும் போது ஒரு பதட்டம் இருந்து கொண்டே இருக்கும். அயன் படத்தில் நடிக்கும் போது மட்டும், அந்த பதட்டம் இல்லை. இயக்குநர் கே.வி. ஆனந்த் என்னுடைய முதல் படத்திலிருந்து என் மீது அக்கறை கொண்டவர். ஒரு அண்ணணை சகோதரனைப் போல் அக்கறை எடுத்து என்னை கவனித்து கொண்டார்.

ஏ.வி.எம். நிறுவனத்தில் நான் நடிக்கும் 2-வது படம் அயன். ஒரு தயாரிப்பாளர் எப்படி இருக்க வேண்டும் என்பதை ஏ.வி.எம். நிறுவனத்திடம் கற்றுக் கொள்ள வேண்டும். ஒரு சின்ன வலிகூட தெரியாமல் என்னையும், படப்பிடிப்பு குழுவினரையும் ஏவி.எம். சரவணணும், அவரது மகன் குகனும் கவனித்து கொண்டார்கள்.

பட்டப் பெயர்

ஏன் பட்டப்பெயர் சூட்டிக் கொள்ளவில்லை என்று கேட்கிறார்கள். பத்திரிகையாளர்களும் அதையே கேட்கிறீர்கள். எனக்கு ஏற்கனவே ஒரு முறை என் பெயர் மாற்றப்பட்டுவிட்டது. சரவணன் என்ற பெயரை, சூர்யா என்று மாற்றிவிட்டார்கள். பெயருக்கு முன்னால் போடுகின்ற பட்டம் என்றால் எனக்கு அலர்ஜி.

திருமணம் ஆகி, ஒரு குழந்தைக்கு அப்பாவானதால் எனக்கு பெண் ரசிகைகள் குறைந்து விட்டார்களா இல்லையா என்ற கணக்கு வழக்கு எனக்குத்தெரியாது. (உடனே இயக்குநர் கே.வி.ஆனந்த் குறுக்கீட்டு, ரசிகைகள் ஆதரவு சூர்யாவுக்கு முன்பை விட அதிகமாகி இருக்கிறது. இதை படப்பிடிப்பின் போது நேரில் கண்டேன் என்றார்)

சினிமா பற்றி பேசுவதில்லை

ஜோதிகாவின் கணவர் என்பதில் எனக்கு நிறையவே மரியாதை கூடியுள்ளது. ஆனால் நான் நடிக்கும் படங்கள், கதை குறித்தெல்லாம் ஜோதிகாவுடன் நான் விவாதிப்பதில்லை.

வீட்டில் ஜோதிகாவுக்கு நல்ல கணவராகவும், மகள் தியாவுக்கு நல்ல தந்தையாகவும் இருக்கிறேன். அதற்கே நேரம் சரியாக இருக்கிறது. ஜோதிகாவிடம் சினிமா பற்றி நான் பேசுவதில்லை. ஏதாவது பேச ஆரம்பித்தால் கூட, தியா பற்றி பேசுங்கள் என்று என் மனைவி கூறிவிடுவார்.

சிவகுமாருடன் ஒப்பிட வேண்டாம்!

எல்லோரும் என்னை என் தந்தை சிவக்குமாருடன் ஒப்பிட முயற்சிக்கிறார்கள். அது அடிப்படையில் தவறு. அவர் பல பரிமாணங்களைப் பார்த்தவர். தனது ஒவ்வொரு பத்து வருடத்திலும் புதுப் பரிமாணம் கண்டவர். ஒரு ஓவியனாக, நடிகராக, பின்னர் கதாநாயகனாக, குணச்சித்திர நடிகராக, எழுத்தாளராக, இப்போது இலக்கிய சொற்பொழிவாளராக... எனக்கு பிரமிப்பாக இருக்கிறது. அவர் அளவுக்கெல்லாம் என்னால் ஜொலிக்க முடியுமா என்று நினைத்துப் பார்க்க முடியவில்லை.

கம்பராயமாயணம் புத்தகத்தை நானெல்லாம் தொட்டுப் பார்த்தது கூட இல்லை. அதற்கான பொறுமை, அதை விளங்கிக் கொள்ளும் அறிவு நமக்கு இருக்குமா எனத் தெரியவில்லை. ஆனால் அவரோ இரண்டரை மணி நேரத்தில் இடைவெளியின்றி கம்ப ராமாயணப் பாடல்கள் மூலம் அந்த காப்பியத்தையே சொல்லிவிட்டார். அந்த பிரமிப்பே எனக்கு அடங்கவில்லை. பல பரிமாணம் கண்ட அவருடன், இப்போதுதான் நடிக்க ஆரம்பித்திருக்கும் என்னை ஒப்பிட வேண்டாம்.

பணத்துக்காக மட்டும் நடிக்கக் கூடாது!

நான் நடிக்கும் ஒவ்வௌரு படமும் ஏதோ ஒரு விதத்தில் வித்தியாசமாக அமைய வேண்டும் என விரும்புகிறேன். அதற்காக நிறைய ஹோம் வொர்க் செய்கிறேன். சண்டைக் காட்சிகளில் முழு ரிஸ்க் எடுத்து நான் செய்யக் காரணம், என்னுடைய 100 சதவிகித பங்களிப்பை என் கேரக்டருக்குத் தர வேண்டும் என்பதால்தான். பணத்துக்காக மட்டும் நான் நடிப்பதில்லை. அப்படி நடிக்கவும் கூடாது, என்றார் சூர்யா.

Http://rssuryafans.blogspot.com/2010/09/blog-post.html

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
7th September 2010, 01:30 AM
Any tamil interpreter can tell what's there in the above post also !!! :noteeth:

preethamm
7th September 2010, 04:17 PM
[tscii:22cdb8dbc0]I consult Jo before accepting a script ..........

ஜோதிகாவிடம் சினிமா பேசுவதே இல்லை-சூர்யா
.................yethu unmai......... :confused2:

seen Boss audio launch.....
vazhzakkam pola......Yuvan,Arya pugal.....paadinaar surya :lol: .........[/tscii:22cdb8dbc0]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
10th September 2010, 12:58 AM
Surya's New Ad : Edhu Super (Coming Soon)

Ad 1 (www.flickr.com/photos/7asurya/4956517696/)

Ad 2 (www.flickr.com/photos/7asurya/4958050369/)

First pic Hairstyle, Ear Ring :2thumbsup:

Courtesy : Ashwin, ASFC Blog

Cracked ,, This is his Saravana Stores Ad !!! :D :D

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
11th September 2010, 04:10 AM
Surya Saravana Stores New Ad :

www.flickr.com/photos/7asurya/4975227113/

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
11th September 2010, 02:33 PM
Okie ! Today is Sep 11 - Surya & Jyotika's Wedding Anniversary. I am going to wish them !!

:D Belated Wedding Anniversary Wishes to SuJo :D

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
14th September 2010, 01:33 AM
Enge post panrathu... Sari - Mootha annan threadla poduvom :noteeth:

Actress Samantha speaks about her fav actors in Tamil - '' I'm in awe of Surya & Karthi. Surya is one such actor who puts in a lot of effort in acting :mrgreen: . On the other hand Karthi is just opposite. He is so natural as if born to be in front of the camera ''

http://i51.tinypic.com/9gyphv.jpg

Karthi fans watch out !! :yessir:

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
15th September 2010, 12:25 AM
[tscii:1177cd343d]Excerpt :

Southern stars glitter on the endorsement orbit

New Delhi: The stars are sizzling down south and big brands have taken note. With a southward shift in the marketing budgets of big-spending categories like telecom services, beverages, fast foods and luxury goods among others, the celebrity endorsement market in South India is expected to register five-fold growth in the next one year, with more brands preferring southern film stars as they expand in the South. According to celebrity endorsement agencies, the size of endorse-ment market for celebrities will touch Rs 1,000 crore in one year, out of which southern film stars will command 30-35%.

Popular southern stars hot on the endorsements circuit include Surya, Mahesh Babu, Trisha, Ileana, Genelia, Shriya Saran, Madhavan and Sneha. Surya who will make his Bollywood debut with Ram Gopal Varma's next film commands Rs 4-6 crore per brand endorsement, almost similar to figures for Hrithik Roshan or Ranbir Kapoor, sources said.

Surya is endorsing Himani Navratna Oil, Emami Fair & Handsome, Pepsi, TVS and Sunfeast Biscuits among others. Incidentally, some of these brands are nationally endorsed by Shahrukh Khan. Mahesh Babu endorses Amrutanjan, Aircel, Navratan Oil, Thums Up and Provogue among others.

www.financialexpress.com/news/Southern-stars-glitter-on-the-endorsement-orbit/681192/ [/tscii:1177cd343d]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
16th September 2010, 02:25 PM
[tscii:e62d204231]
Southscope Mag Scans - Sep Edition (About brand endorsements by lead actors especially Suriya)

www.flickr.com/photos/hqsingamsurya/4993257335/

www.flickr.com/photos/hqsingamsurya/4993862420/sizes/l/

www.flickr.com/photos/hqsingamsurya/4993861800/ [/tscii:e62d204231]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
17th September 2010, 01:52 PM
[tscii:b29379fac9]
Suriya shocks Sivakumar

IndiaGlitz,
Friday, September 17, 2010.

We never expected that Suriya could make it this big in films. He was so timid when he was young and his fiery performance on screen is a pleasant surprise to all of us , says Sivakumar, the proud father.

The veteran actor, going down the memory lane, says, In his college days, Suriya was a calm boy who would not even talk freely to his friends. He was as shy as I was before I entered the film industry.

On his younger son Karthi, Sivakumar says, He is a bold guy who always wanted to make a career out of films. Even when I sent him abroad for studies, he made it clear to me that his passion was movies. And he is proving it now .

Saying that never had he advised so much to his sons, the actor adds: All that I asked them was not to rejoice so much during victory and not to feel bad during failures. And to respect everyone with equal importance "

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/60139.html [/tscii:b29379fac9]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
18th September 2010, 01:12 AM
Sivakumar : Surya , Karthi's victorious story Exclusive Kumudam Scans (Dated : 22 Sep, 2010)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hqsingamsurya/4998184520/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hqsingamsurya/4998184100/sizes/l/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hqsingamsurya/4998183760/sizes/l/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hqsingamsurya/4998183210/sizes/l/

http://actorsuryasfanclub.blogspot.com/2010/09/sivakumar-surya-karthis-victorious.html

Riyazz
18th September 2010, 10:37 AM
Vinod surya pati dinamalar la oru news vand iruku ada post panunpa

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
18th September 2010, 04:16 PM

I have read the article !! Will post it in a short while !! I need some clarification regarding it... I hope somebody here will clarify about it after i post the article.

Riyazz
18th September 2010, 04:36 PM

I have read the article !! Will post it in a short while !! I need some clarification regarding it... I hope somebody here will clarify about it after i post the article.kandipa :P

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
18th September 2010, 04:53 PM
:omg: I can't find the article in my Web as i use mobile... I read it in the newspaper though... Ok... I will put it in English here ::

Arimuga Paduthiya Thayaaripaalarukku Alva kudutha Nadigar :

That is Sivashakthi Pandian who introduced Surya as a hero in Kadhale Nimmadhi had faced some financial problems in the course of time due to some reasons but now he is somewhat financially able and wants to do a film with Surya... Unfortunately Surya didn't give him dates and turned down his offer... The producer is worried that the actor whom he had intorduced as a hero didn't offer to work with him in his difficult times and support him.

Then the article says that Vickram is one step above Surya and says that he has made it a policy not to act in new and debut direction.

On the contrary Vijay supports his producer as he has done in Sura by working with Sangili Murugan and completing the movie in the stipulated time. Though the movie didn't do well it had fetched profits for Sangili Murugan because of first copy basis. And Sangili says that all actors should support the directors and producers who had launched and lifted them or even acted in their movies earlier by doing more movies with them during their difficult times.

Source : Dinamalar

Now i'm wishing to hear comments from hubbbers about this article.... My view is that Dinamalar isn't a 100% trustable source and so this maybe true or a fake news... If Surya does a film with Sivasakthi Pandian in the near future this article will be a slap on the face of Dinamalar.. One more reason i can say is that Surya has already signed 2 projects... 1 with Puri Jagannath and 1 with '' Ayan '' Anand... So maybe this could be a reason !!

Request to fans like Riyazz : I am happy that you recommended an article about Surya to be posted though it's a negative one... But i am unhappy that when something good about him is published like about Agaram or his successful movies none asks me to post it here,, you can also ask me to post such ones... Because i read tamil papers very rarely.. :)

Riyazz
18th September 2010, 05:10 PM
:omg: I can't find the article in my Web as i use mobile... I read it in the newspaper though... Ok... I will put it in English here ::

That is Sivashakthi Pandian who introduced Surya as a hero in Kadhale Nimmadhi had faced some financial problems in the course of time due to some reasons but now he is somewhat financially able and wants to do a film with Surya... Unfortunately Surya didn't give him dates and turned down his offer... The producer is worried that the actor whom he had intorduced as a hero didn't offer to work with him in his difficult times and support him.

Then the article says that Vickram is one step above Surya and says that he has made it a policy not to act in new and debut direction.

On the contrary Vijay supports his producer as he has done in Sura by working with Sangili Murugan and completing the movie in the stipulated time. Though the movie didn't do well it had fetched profits for Sangili Murugan because of first copy basis. And Sangili says that all actors should support the directors and producers who had launched and lifted them or even acted in their movies earlier by doing more movies with them during their difficult times.

Now i'm wishing to hear comments from hubbbers about this article.... My view is that Dinamalar isn't a 100% trustable source and so this maybe true or a fake news... If Surya does a film with Sivasakthi Pandian in the near future this article will be a slap on the face of Dinamalar.. One more reason i can say is that Surya has already signed 2 projects... 1 with Puri Jagannath and 1 with '' Ayan '' Anand... So maybe this could be a reason !!

Request to fans like Riyazz : I am happy that you recommended an article about Surya to be posted though it's a negative one... But i am unhappy that when something good about him is published like about Agaram or his successful movies none asks me to post it here,, you can also ask me to post such ones... Because i read tamil papers very rarely.. :)news irunda kandipa solran :wave:

SuraTheLeader
19th September 2010, 09:13 AM

Request to fans like Riyazz : I am happy that you recommended an article about Surya to be posted though it's a negative one... But i am unhappy that when something good about him is published like about Agaram or his successful movies none asks me to post it here,, you can also ask me to post such ones... Because i read tamil papers very rarely.. :)

+1.
Yes,I too feel DINAMALAR isn't a TRUSTABLE SOURCE......
Ex: Few Months Back, ISSUE about ACTRESS PROSTITUTION....
Without prior evidence they mentioned names like sripriya,[few more]... and thier photos.......... and on demand by the actors the EDITOR LENIN was arrested.........

Btw,on above few posts between VINOD & RIYAAZ it looks like VJ & SURYA comparison.....
As far as VIJAY or his fans are considered..... we take SURYA as one of our COMPETITOR IN PROFESSION that too in the recent past...... But every one knows how good FRIENDS they are....
And we fans also like SURYA only after VIJAY.....
Moreover,VJ is very matured now and he maintains good relation with every one,even with AJITH who was once considered as his PRIME-RIVAL........
P.S : Even after becoming a STAR on thier own,they both [VJ,SURYA] agreed to do a film togeteher for SIVAKUMAR's FRIEND which unfortunately didnt take off....
So,no need of compatison between SURYA,VJ

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
19th September 2010, 11:35 AM
@ Leader : I never compared both of them. The article is in such a way of comparing both of them. Each person is unique in their own way. This is what i say for all actors :)

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
19th September 2010, 07:17 PM
Announced Today : South Scope Cine Awards 2009 Tamil :

Best Supporting Actor - Prabu (Ayan)

Best Music D - Harris Jayaraj (Aadhavan & Ayan)

Best Female PB Singer - Chinmayi (Vaarayo, Aadhavan)

Best Male PB Singer - Karthick (Hasili Fisili, Aadhavan)

Best Lyrics - Na. Muthukumar (Ayan, Vizhi Moodi)

:shock: Same as filmfare. Neverthless :clap:

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
22nd September 2010, 11:17 AM
IT IS SURIYA AND GAUTHAM MENON AGAIN !

Suriya and Gautham Menon gave an astounding hit Kaakha Kaakha a few years ago and later Vaaranam Aayiram. The two will once again join hands for a film, we hear. According to sources in Kollywood, Gautham was keen on beginning a project soon and due to certain difference with Ajith he could not commence it.

The director has now decided to move on to his lucky star Suriya, with whom he had given two hits already. It is reported that Suriya will star in the film which was initially slated for Ajith.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/sep-10-04/suriya-gautham-menon-22-09-10.html

Rumours have started :wink:

MADDY
22nd September 2010, 02:36 PM

SRK once said in a interview - why should actors always feel indebted to producers and help them out in difficult situations? i agree with him 100%.....i find the expectation from producers itself a misplaced loyalties :P

Anban
22nd September 2010, 03:49 PM
Enge post panrathu... Sari - Mootha annan threadla poduvom :noteeth:

Actress Samantha speaks about her fav actors in Tamil - '' I'm in awe of Surya & Karthi. Surya is one such actor who puts in a lot of effort in acting :mrgreen: . On the other hand Karthi is just opposite. He is so natural as if born to be in front of the camera ''

http://i51.tinypic.com/9gyphv.jpg

Karthi fans watch out !! :yessir: ivalum namma Raikkonen hit list-la sernthuttaale :oops: :lol:

Ramakrishna
22nd September 2010, 08:49 PM

i agree with him 100%.....i find the expectation from producers itself a misplaced loyalties :P

Yup.. Then, we blame the actors for poor script selection. Whoever started this trend, i don't think he has set the right precedent.

littlemaster1982
22nd September 2010, 11:26 PM
Adhellam irukkattum, Surya-vai introduce pannadhu Maniratnam-dhane. Sivasakthi Pandiyan enga irundhu vandhaar :roll:

Mahen
23rd September 2010, 07:01 AM
Adhellam irukkattum, Surya-vai introduce pannadhu Maniratnam-dhane. Sivasakthi Pandiyan enga irundhu vandhaar :roll:

Correct-tu :) and KAdhale nimathi was a flop movie i think..

Plum
23rd September 2010, 11:22 AM
Surya has two people to thank in terms of giving a fillip to his career - 3 if you consider Mani/Vasanth for introducing him although he didnt utilise that chance well - Bala and Jyothika. Bala's role is well known. Jyothika's role in recommending him for some of his movies(some of them flop ones but most crucially, it was she who recommended GVM and Surya to each other for kAkka kakka).
I agree with Maddy that nandri navilallAm edhir pArka mudiyAdhu - as a human being, yes, maybe a nice gesture.

But ipdi nice gesture paNNi paNNiyE orutharai tamizh thirai ulagula totalA waste paNNAnga - he is the greatest of them all. So, generalAvE, if I were a fan of someone, I wouldnt want him/her to do nandri navilal and nandrikadan.
apdiyE nandri navindrAlum, it should be like what Kamal did for pArtthAlE paravasam. summA oru token appearance veNA kudukkalAm. As an artist with obligations to give his best to his fans - and I am not concerned with his personal nicety, all I want is the best of his artistry on screen - if they have to stamp on a few egos and ruthlessly reject their mentors, so be it. That is how I'd look at it.

groucho070
23rd September 2010, 11:44 AM
But ipdi nice gesture paNNi paNNiyE orutharai tamizh thirai ulagula totalA waste paNNAnga - he is the greatest of them all. :exactly:

Puliyan_Biryani
23rd September 2010, 12:50 PM
But ipdi nice gesture paNNi paNNiyE orutharai tamizh thirai ulagula totalA waste paNNAnga - he is the greatest of them all.
To quote Kamal sir "oru periya singathai katti vachu pullu kattu kuduthuttu irundhom"

As an artist with obligations to give his best to his fans - and I am not concerned with his personal nicety, all I want is the best of his artistry on screen - if they have to stamp on a few egos and ruthlessly reject their mentors, so be it.
Surya is very vevarams in this aspect. After holding initial discussions, Vasanth went ahead and announced that Surya is the hero of his next movie (expecting nandrikadan). No noise from Surya's side. Finally the movie started with Prithviraj as the hero.

//Groucho, this might not be the right thread, but I have heard a lot of good things about the lesser known movie 'Gnana paravai'. Time kedaicha adhai pathi konjam post pannunga :D//

groucho070
23rd September 2010, 01:07 PM
//Groucho, this might not be the right thread, but I have heard a lot of good things about the lesser known movie 'Gnana paravai'. Time kedaicha adhai pathi konjam post pannunga :D//Come to His Thread (http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=2242208#2242208) :D....

edit. Link corrected.

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
26th September 2010, 01:00 AM
[tscii:f067fe69aa]
Suriya to do a cameo

September 25th, 2010

Udhayanidhis Manmadhan Ambu it seems is set for a huge opening. With Suriya being the latest addition to the star cast. Suriya who has been roped in by K.S. Ravikumar is believed to be ecstatic about his role in this Kamal Haasan starrer. The romantic movie already boasts of a line-up that includes Kamal Haasan, Madhavan, Trisha, Sangeetha, Ramesh Arvindh in lead roles.

Unit sources confirmed that Suriya plays a cameo and performed a song for four days that was canned in Kodaikkanal recently. It is to be noted that Suriya gave a big hit Aadhavan with Ravikumar and Red Giant, the makers of Manmadhan Ambu. Interestingly he did a cameo in Balas Avan Ivan and also shot for it few days back. Looks like Suriya is obliging filmmakers with whom he shares a special vibe.

www.deccanchronicle.com/tabloids/suriya-do-cameo-153 [/tscii:f067fe69aa]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
26th September 2010, 02:15 AM
Surya abt Six Pack Abs : Hybd Times

http://i53.tinypic.com/2h51h0j.jpg

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
1st October 2010, 01:38 PM
[tscii:34b6aaf907]
NOT NOW, SURIYA IS BOOKED FOR 2 YEARS, SAYS KARTHI

Karthi is upbeat about his next film Siruthai, for which the shooting is progressing. The actor is donning a dual role in this film one that of a police inspector and the other is a tramp. Speaking of his experience on working in Siruthai, Karthi in a recent interview said that the transition between the inspector and the tramp is time-consuming and emotionally draining.

On when he would be seen sharing the screen space with his elder brother Suriya, Karthi did not deny its possibility but said that it may not happen for the next two years as Suriya has his hands full.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/oct-10-01/suriya-karthi-01-10-10.html

Yes,,, As i said earlier Surya has already signed many projects. Long way to go !![/tscii:34b6aaf907]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
28th November 2010, 02:24 PM
[tscii:298fe0a317]
Surya's upcoming flicks :

Raktha charitra
7am arivu
With KV. Anand

--- http://www.flickr.com/photos/hqsingamsurya/5213405427/sizes/l/

" Suriya's likely to do an Hollywood film " SEe the link for furthur info... [/tscii:298fe0a317]

Mahen
28th November 2010, 03:33 PM
[tscii:802ea79263]

Raktha charitra
7am arivu
With KV. Anand

" Suriya's likely to do an Hollywood film " SEe the link for furthur info... [/tscii:802ea79263]

KV anand's movie 8-)

//Vinod, dont forget that ur the vice president of a TFC...you face the risk of being sacked for not contributing to that thread :lol: //

NOV
28th November 2010, 07:55 PM
What happenned to Businessman?

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
28th November 2010, 10:29 PM
[tscii:513e027d13]

Raktha charitra
7am arivu
With KV. Anand

" Suriya's likely to do an Hollywood film " SEe the link for furthur info... [/tscii:513e027d13]

KV anand's movie 8-)

//Vinod, dont forget that ur the vice president of a TFC...you face the risk of being sacked for not contributing to that thread :lol: //

:oops: :ashamed: Konjam Busy !! That's why !! Will try to get as much news in future !!

preethamm
29th November 2010, 12:01 PM
Why dont surya start Counselling Center For Script Selection.... :lol: ......
Eventhough I hate to the core his Speeches...
No actor in current generation is as clever and correct in Dir,Scripts selection as surya..Added to that there also a Hari Film(to cater to B,C Centers)....

NOV
9th December 2010, 07:44 AM
[html:d3bc42b835]
http://www.cinegoer.com/telugu-cinema/gallery/movies/rakthacharitra5/raktha-charitra-6-1.jpg
[/html:d3bc42b835]

Suriya, the super star of Tamil movies, made a grand entry into Hindi films with the film Rakht Charitra 2 directed by Ram Gopal Varma.

The Bollywood film industry is all praises for the Ghajini star, who is known for his versatile performance in various roles analogous to Kamal Hassan.

He is earning rave reviews for his powerful performance in RC 2. Most of all, his presentation of hatred just with a fleeting look impressed the Bollywood critics who predicted he'll have a great career ahead in both the Tamil and Hindi film industries.

If he continues to remain focussed there is no reason why he cannot be a superstar in Bollywood as well.

http://www.cinegoer.com/telugu-cinema/news-archives/december-2010/suriya-s-performance-in-rakht-charitra-2-highly-appreciated-051210.html

NOV
9th December 2010, 09:12 AM
Unconventional dude
Effort and hard work are the only two mantras to stay ahead in Tamil film industry . It doesn't matter whose son or daughter you are. From my personal experience, being an actor's son has never helped me. My father (Tamil actor Sivakumar) never selected scripts, produced films or made recommendations for me.

I am what I am because of my efforts. In fact, the first five years of my career in Tamil film industry were quite bad. I made a lot of mistakes and my films didn't do well. It is after I did a film called Nandha that people noticed me. It was then that I realised that unconventional roles suit me more than the mainstream ones.

Regional charm
I respect every industry, but I strongly believe that every actor is rooted to a particular region. And every region has its own sensibilities, culture and beliefs. I think all of these are best brought out on screen by a person belonging to that same set of people.

Also, very few of us have a global acceptance. Not everyone has the face, acting skills, language flexibilities that can cater to a larger set of audience.

Also, we don't really have to move to other industries. We have excellent world-class directors, technicians and musicians like Mani Sir, Rahman Sir and many others right here in Tamil Nadu. Now even our stories are accepted on the national level. So there's really no need for us to leave our glory and establish ourselves in another industry.

Reality check
Down South, we are a part of every household. Every member of the family relates to the characters we play on screen. From a teenager to a grandfather, no one feels left out. People say that we are treated as Gods here, but it's more than that.

We are a part of their day-to-day life and we personally belong to them. People's affection is above our acting skills and powers. Moreover, the cinematic experience and visualisation differs from Hindi films.

Bollywood mostly depicts the high class, large-than-life lifestyle. I'm not saying that we shouldn't show such a lifestyle, but the maximum population in our country comprises middle class families and we need to showcase their style of living so that they can relate to our stories.

http://www.mid-day.com/entertainment/2010/dec/071210-South-superstar-Suriya-Sivakumar-Rakht-Charitra.htm

NOV
9th December 2010, 09:13 AM
Just notice that in about half the films they don't bother naming him and just call him Surya :lol2:+ Ratha Charithiram :D

HonestRaj
13th December 2010, 10:57 PM
இப்போது 3 இடியட்ஸ் ரீமேக்கில் நடிக்க சூரியா சம்மதித்துவிட்டதால்

- is this true?

http://www.4tamilmedia.com/ww5/index.php/cinema/cinenews/1762-2010-12-13-09-30-49

Thirumaran
14th December 2010, 08:12 PM
[html:2322a1a8b9]
http://i53.tinypic.com/2dgtbbr.jpg
[/html:2322a1a8b9]

kid-glove
14th December 2010, 08:39 PM
Nice still..

kid-glove
15th December 2010, 10:07 AM
The one in left is Karthi, right?

varunlss12
15th December 2010, 10:31 AM
abv photo link pm pannunga thiru sir

varunlss12
15th December 2010, 10:34 AM
abv photo link pm pannunga thiru sir

BM
15th December 2010, 06:20 PM
http://i53.tinypic.com/2dgtbbr.jpg

Good one :) . Singa kutty with Sirutha kutty :P .
TM, please post the image link here.

Thirumaran
15th December 2010, 06:23 PM
The one in left is Karthi, right?

yes :P

varun and BM,
I dont have link.. That was taken from my Friend's FB wall photos :noteeth:

HonestRaj
15th December 2010, 06:26 PM
surya unga friend'ah illai ungalukku sivakumar friend'ah ... :lol2:

Thirumaran
15th December 2010, 06:52 PM
surya unga friend'ah illai ungalukku sivakumar friend'ah ... :lol2:

no karthik thaan en friend.. not actor karthik. oru vetti hubber :banghead:

HonestRaj
15th December 2010, 07:42 PM
edhavadhu post panna digression'ku poyidum... :)

piRkaalathula idhukkagave perumaipaduveenga :P

Plum
15th December 2010, 07:53 PM
perumaiya vechukittu ennatha paNdradhu?

nInga MLA, Mp, mandhiri idhu mAdhiri EdhAvadhu AnIngannA, ilavasa flat-tu, commission dealings, petrol bunk, car-u, buss-su ipdi EdhAvadhu Captain thread-ku yAru yAru endha endha levelku contribute paNNAngaLO, andha levelukku pirichchu tharaNum

mj-kku oru jumbo jet
enakku atleast oru BMW. illaina oru telecom dealing
mArra naNbargaLukku oru ilavasa vEtti sattai.
Thirumaranukku arrest warrant

ipdi...

PARAMASHIVAN
16th December 2010, 07:27 PM
Rakht Charitra is not shown in UK, can some one pls verify this ?

printhan
16th December 2010, 07:33 PM

Tamil waz started to show in boleyn cinema.. but taken off next day.. only telugu showing now in the samecinema... last day today... 1 show only

PARAMASHIVAN
16th December 2010, 07:38 PM

Tamil waz started to show in boleyn cinema.. but taken off next day.. only telugu showing now in the samecinema... last day today... 1 show only

Oh I c, so it is not shown in main stream cinema like Cine world :o

printhan
16th December 2010, 07:44 PM

Oh I c, so it is not shown in main strem cinema like Cine world :o

No.. overseas distribution yaarum vaankela :(

PARAMASHIVAN
16th December 2010, 07:50 PM

Oh I c, so it is not shown in main strem cinema like Cine world :o

No.. overseas distribution yaarum vaankela :(

Oh I c :lol:

HonestRaj
16th December 2010, 11:06 PM
perumaiya vechukittu ennatha paNdradhu?

nInga MLA, Mp, mandhiri idhu mAdhiri EdhAvadhu AnIngannA, ilavasa flat-tu, commission dealings, petrol bunk, car-u, buss-su ipdi EdhAvadhu Captain thread-ku yAru yAru endha endha levelku contribute paNNAngaLO, andha levelukku pirichchu tharaNum

mj-kku oru jumbo jet
enakku atleast oru BMW. illaina oru telecom dealing
mArra naNbargaLukku oru ilavasa vEtti sattai.
Thirumaranukku arrest warrant

ipdi...

அனைவருக்கும் உண்டு
ஒரு அல்வா துண்டு

AudazJay
17th December 2010, 12:06 PM
:lol: Ninge Vijay fan-a? Avar polave kavithai solluringga :cool2:

tea kadaiyile ninnu, thinne paaru bun-nu :wink:

printhan
17th December 2010, 03:03 PM
:lol: Ninge Vijay fan-a? Avar polave kavithai solluringga :cool2:

tea kadaiyile ninnu, thinne paaru bun-nu :wink:

Vijayku athavthu solla theriyuthu.. :P

printhan
19th December 2010, 06:34 PM
[tscii:7567d5b791]த்ரி இடியட்ஸ் ரீமேக்கில் ஏற்பட்ட பிரச்சனைக்கு பிறகு ஷங்கர் சென்ற முதல் இடம் சூர்யா வீடு தான்.
அவரின் நம்பிக்கையம் சூர்யா தான். இயக்குனர் ஷங்கரின் படம் என்றாலே அதில் நடிக்க அனைவருக்குமே ஆசை வருமே.

அப்படித்தான், ஷங்கர் இயக்கத்தில் நடிக்க சந்தோஷமாக ஓ.கே சொன்னார் சூர்யா. ஆனால், அதன் பின்னர் சூர்யா கூறிய இரு விஷயங்கள் தான் ஷங்கரை சற்று கலங்க வைத்ததாம்.

நம்பர் ஒன்- உடனே என்னால் கால்ஷீட் தர முடியாது. நம்பர் டூ- நான் இந்த படத்தில் நடிக்கவேண்டும் என்றால் தெலுங்கிலும் இந்த கதாபாத்திரத்தில் நானே நடிக்கனும் என்றாராம்.

அங்குதான் குழம்பி போய் உள்ளார் ஷங்கர். இதற்கு முன்பு, சூர்யா நடித்த படங்கள் ஆந்திராவில் சூப்பர் ஹிட் ஆன காரணத்தால், ஆந்திராவிலும் தன் சக்தியை காட்ட வேண்டும் என்ற ஆசை வந்துவிட்டது போல சூர்யாவிற்கு.

ஆனால், ஆந்திராவில் அந்த கதாபாத்திரத்தில் மகேஷ்பாபு என்ற பெரிய ஹீரோவை நடிக்க வைக்க விரும்பி, அவருக்கு பெரிய அட்வான்சையும் கொடுத்திருக்கிறது ஜெமினி லேப்.

இந்த நேரத்தில் மகேஷ்பாபு வேண்டாம் என்றால் கூட பரவாயில்லை. கொடுத்த அட்வான்சை எப்படி திருப்பி வாங்குவது? என்ற கேள்விக்கு, யோசிச்சு சொல்லுங்க என்று சொல்லியனுப்பியிருக்கிறாராம் நடிகர் சூர்யா.

[/tscii:7567d5b791]

vithagan
29th December 2010, 10:20 PM
[tscii:3da3ee3f89]
விஜய் நடிப்பதாக இருந்த 3 இடியட்ஸ் திரைப்படத்தில் சூர்யா நடிக்கப் போகிறார்.ஹிந்தியில் அமீர்கான் நடித்த கதாபாத்திரத்தில் நடிக்க விஜய்க்கு அடுத்து ஷங்கரின் சாய்ஸ் சூர்யாதான்! தெலுங்கில் மகேஷ்பாபு நடிப்பதாக இருந்தது.ஆனால் மகேஷ்பாபுவும் விலகியதால் ஷங்கரின் தமிழ்,தெலுங்கு இரண்டு மொழி ரீமேக்கிலும் சூர்யாவே நடிக்கிறார்.
[/tscii:3da3ee3f89]

NOV
5th January 2011, 02:12 PM
Surya NOT soing 3 Idiots :sigh of relief:

Kollywood is abuzz that Suriya has replaced Vijay in
Shankar's 3 Idiots remake!

However sources close to the actor have confirmed that he may have talked with Shankar, but has not signed up.

The source revealed: "Suriya is one actor who has constantly avoided doing remakes and actually his Tamil films have been remade like Ghajini and now Khakka Khakka and Singam are under production in Hindi. Why should he step into a role done brilliantly by Aamir Khan, as comparisons are bound to be made?"

Suriya has already given his dates for 2011 and will not be in a position to give Shankar priority Tatkal dates. Till March end his dates are with Udhayanidhi Stalin for AR Murgadoss's 7am Arivu. From April he moves on to KV Anand's untitled new film for AGS.

The actor is the most in demand star in Kollywood, and has also given the orange signal (meaning likely) to Gautham Vasudev Menon to do a film in 2011. Added to that for his home production Studio Green, he will be doing a Hari film which will release for Pongal 2012.

So how is Suriya the complete professional going to accommodate Shankar's remake of 3 Idiots? The source clarified: "Suriya would love to do an original Shankar film, probably by 2012 end not earlier, as his date book is chocker block."

http://www.sify.com/movies/will-suriya-do-3-idiots-remake-news-tamil-kmpk0peeeib.html

kid-glove
5th January 2011, 02:16 PM
Madhavan should do Aamir role in Tamil. If Prashanth and Arjun could get to work with Shankar, why not Maddy? It could resuscitate his career in Tamil (BO wise)..

kid-glove
5th January 2011, 02:17 PM
Other than BO, I don't think it'd be a landmark film. Perhaps why all have rejected it..

groucho070
5th January 2011, 02:29 PM
When I suggested the same, after watching the original, Plum said almost prophetically, that it was a Vijay film. I think he is right. Madhavan should stay clear.

kid-glove
5th January 2011, 02:32 PM
Agree that it's a Vijay film in spirit and tone, but on the outside, it's superficially trying to be savvy and socially relevant, etc.

Siv.S
5th January 2011, 02:38 PM
Madhavan should do Aamir role in Tamil. If Prashanth and Arjun could get to work with Shankar, why not Maddy? It could resuscitate his career in Tamil (BO wise)..
maddy's BO != vijay/surya's .. Prashant kooda pannum pothu shankar 8 c vaangavum illa... gemni remake rightskke konja amnt koduthiruppainga... maddy kooda pannanummnu Shankar-aa than thookkuvainga..

kid-glove
5th January 2011, 02:41 PM
Apart from the two big guns, no other actor is bigger than Shankar. Shankar gets the full rights for casting choices and final cut. This being a medium-budget film, I could see Shankar casting someone less prolific in lead role..

Thirumaran
5th January 2011, 02:46 PM
Apart from the two big guns, no other actor is bigger than Shankar. Shankar gets the full rights for casting choices and final cut. This being a medium-budget film, I could see Shankar casting someone less prolific in lead role..

Exactly.. Maddy doing the lead role can brighten his career.. Shankar manasu vachchaa mudiyum. :wink:

IMO Shankar's BO pull is bigger than two big guns itself.

kid-glove
5th January 2011, 02:58 PM
IMO Shankar's BO pull is bigger than two big guns itself.
In deed.

AudazJay
5th January 2011, 03:13 PM
With all the actors backing off, I won't be surprised if Shankar ends up doing 3 Idiots with Udhayanidhi as the hero :lol:

SuraTheLeader
5th January 2011, 03:20 PM
With all the actors backing off, I won't be surprised if Shankar ends up doing 3 Idiots with Udhayanidhi as the hero :lol:

Title Justification :roll:

Cinemarasigan
5th January 2011, 03:26 PM

Udhayanidhi may not accept the offer.. :lol:

Thirumaran
5th January 2011, 03:28 PM

Udayanithi Main, Surya and Arya side roles.. nadakaathunnu nichchayamaa solla mudiyaathu...

selvamohankumar
5th January 2011, 03:30 PM

udhyanidhi, thayanithi azhagiri, kalanithi maran as 3 idiots :lol:

title: 3 producers :lol:

Parthyy
5th January 2011, 03:47 PM

:lol:

apparam paakkaravan ellaam muuttaall

selvamohankumar
5th January 2011, 03:50 PM

:lol:

apparam paakkaravan ellaam muuttaall

Avanga apadi thanae eppavom ninaikuranga(& treat panranga)!

rsubras
5th January 2011, 08:31 PM

Udayanithi Main, Surya and Arya side roles.. nadakaathunnu nichchayamaa solla mudiyaathu...

Surya mela en intha veruppu? :) What did he do to deserve this wrath from you :)

HonestRaj
5th January 2011, 10:26 PM

Surya mela en intha veruppu? :) What did he do to deserve this wrath from you :)

FYI.. TM is surya mayya manra uba thalaivar

chevy
5th January 2011, 10:42 PM
Just notice that in about half the films they don't bother naming him and just call him Surya :lol2: :P :P Voted for perazhagan...loved that movie :P

vithagan
6th January 2011, 06:30 PM
[tscii:5b14390246]
தமிழ் சினிமாவின் லேட்டஸ்ட் டார்லிங் சூர்யாவை புத்தாண்டு அன்று மும்பையில் சந்தித்தோம்.நாளுக்கு நாள் சூர்யாவின் பேச்சில் டீடெய்ல்கள் அதிகமாகிக் கொண்டே போவதை உணரமுடிகிறது. தனது குடும்பத்துடன் ஜாலி ட்ரிப்பில் இருந்த சூர்யாவின் நியூ இயர் பேட்டி இது.

ஏழாம் அறிவு மூலமாக மீண்டும் எதிர்பார்ப்பை இப்போதே கிளப்பியிருக்கீங்களே. படம் எப்படி?

ஒவ்வோரு முறையும் நம்ம படங்களோட வெற்றியும், சினிமாவுல நமக்கான இடமும் எல்லாமும் பத்தாது பத்தாதுன்னு தோணும். அடுத்த கட்டத்துக்குப் போகணும்னு தோணும். இதுதான் நம்ம எல்லோருக்குமே உந்துதலா இருக்கு. பெரிய சவாலா இருக்கு. யாருமே பெர்ஃபெக்ட்டான நடிகர் கிடையாது. யாருக்கும் பெர்ஃபெக்ட்டான உடம்பு கிடையாது.

எல்லா அறிவும் எல்லோருக்கும் இருக்குறது இல்ல.இது எல்லாமும் வாழ்க்கையில ஒரு தேடலாகத்தான் போயிட்டு இருக்கு. இந்த மாதிரி ஒரு தேடல்தான் ஏழாம் அறிவு. விஷுவல் எஃபெக்ட்ஸ் மட்டுமில்லாம, உணர்ச்சி பூர்வமாகவும் இருக்கும்.

இன்னைக்கு இருக்குற சக்ஸஸ்ஃபுல் சூர்யாவுக்குப் பின்னால இருக்குற உந்து சக்தி எது அல்லது அது யாரு?

சினிமாவை சும்மா பிளாஸ்டிக் மாதிரி எடுத்துட்டுப் போகாம, இப்படியொரு அழகான சினிமா பண்ணணும், நாம நினைக்கிற வடிவத்தை சினிமாவுல கொண்டு வரணும்னு நினைக்கிற இயக்குநர்கள் எனக்கு வரிசையாக அமைஞ்சாங்க.என்னோட அதிர்ஷ்டம் அது. ஆத்மார்த்தமாக படம் எடுக்கணும்னு நினைக்கிற பாலா, கே.வி. ஆனந்த், ஏ.ஆர். முருகதாஸ்,கௌதம் மேனன்,ஹரினு நல்ல இயக்குநர்கள் கிடைச்சாங்க.

என்னோட முதல் படத்துலேயே விஜய்க்கு சரிசமமாக எனக்கும் பாட்டு, ஃபைட்,எமோஷனல் காட்சின்னு வஸந்த் முக்கியத்துவம் கொடுத்திருந்தார். அதுக்கு அடுத்ததாக வஸந்த் மாதிரி எனக்கு தெம்பு கொடுக்குற இயக்குநர்கள் அமையல.அதனால என்கிட்ட இல்லாத திறமைகளையும் வளர்த்துகிட்டு, எல்லா இயக்குநர்களுக்கும் பொருந்துற நடிகனாகணும்னு தோணுச்சு. என்னன்னே தெரியாம ஏதோ கும்பலோடு கும்பலாக படம் பண்ணின மாதிரி தோணுச்சு. அந்த சமயத்துல பாலா சார் படம் பண்ணினப்பதான் எனக்கு ஒரு தெளிவு கிடைச்சது.இந்த இடைப்பட்ட காலத்துல நாம தோத்துப் போயிடுவோம்,காணாமப் போயிடுவோம் என்ற பயம் சூறாவளியாக புரட்டிப் போட்டுடுச்சு.என்னை நானே தனியாக நின்னு வளர்த்துக்கணும் என்ற பயம் வந்துச்சு. அதனாலதான் பட த்துக்குப்படம் கத்துக்கிட்டே இருக்கேன்.

இந்தப் புத்தாண்டுல இருந்து என்னென்ன பண்றதா புதுப் பட்டியல் போட்டிருக்கீங்க?

அகரம் அறக்கட்டளையை அடுத்தகட்டத்துக்குக் கொண்டுப் போகணும். இப்போ நூத்தியம்பது பேரோட படிப்புச் செலவை கவனிக்க முடிஞ்சுதுன்னா அடுத்த வருஷம் அது முந்நூறாகணும். அது அப்படியே டபுள் ஆகணும்.இந்த அகரம் என்னோடது மட்டும் இல்லைன்னு சொல்லிட்டேன். என் ஒருத்தனால இவ்வளவு பண்ணியிருக்க முடியாது. நண்பர்களாக சேர்ந்து சுமார் இருநூத்தியம்பது பேரோட பங்களிப்பு இதுல இருக்கு.தானாக வந்து சேர்ந்த இவர்களலதான் அகரம் இன்னும் இயங்கிட்டு இருக்கு.இவங்க கஷ்டப்படுற முந்நூறு குழந்தைகளை மனதார அரவணைச்சு கல்வி கொடுத்திருக்காங்க. கல்வியோட சேர்த்து வேலையையும் வாங்கிக் கொடுக்குற முயற்சியில இருக்கோம்.இது பலமடங்கு பெருகணும்.

அடுத்ததா,இன்னும் ஐம்பது ஆண்டுகளுக்குப் பிறகு தமிழ்நாட்டுல மட்டும் நமக்கு அடுத்த தலைமுறை வாழ ஐம்பது கோடி மரங்கள் தேவைப்படுதாம்.ஒருத் தர் பத்து மரமாவது நட்டு வளர்க்கவேண்டிய நிலையில இருக்கோம். அதனால மரத்தை நட்டு, அதை நம்ம வாரிசைப் போல வளர்க்கணும். இந்த வருஷத்துல இருந்து என்னால முடிஞ்சளவு பூமி மாசுப்படுறதை குறைக்கிறதுக்கான முயற்சிகள்ல இறங்கப்-போறேன்.

[/tscii:5b14390246]

shajith1994
16th January 2011, 12:33 AM
http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/jan-11-02/images/maatraan.jpg

Surya KV Anand combo is back with Maatraan. The poster looks awesome by the way.

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
16th January 2011, 12:52 AM
:thumbsup:

NOV
26th January 2011, 12:03 PM
[tscii:92132f55f3]I want to work with Suriya: Taapsee Pannu

Who wouldnt give up the opportunity to be part of the glamour world? Its therefore not surprising to learn that Taapsee Pannu gave up an offer to work with a leading IT firm for films. With several commercials to her credit, her pretty face was noted by several film-makers. Whats more? She debuted opposite Tamil star Dhanush in Aadukalam that hit the theatres last week.

With several stars, including Rajinikanth, praising her for her performance in the movie, Taapsee seems to be in the mood for celebration! I get bored easily and am constantly looking out to do something different. Getting into the film industry is an outcome of just that an experiment. I began to get offers from the south after I won a couple of titles at a beauty pageant. So I decided to act. But I find myself enjoying my job thoroughly, she says.

Getting to work with a star in the first film ensures you of a ticket to sustainability from day one. Taapsee says, Dhanush is an evolved actor in the true sense. I didnt have the slightest clue about Kollywood and the language too was a problem. But he helped me understand the industry, she says, adding, I had to deliver a dialogue that ran for more than six lines without prompting. I was panicking, but with the help of my co-star and director, I did so with ease.

Taapsees quite upbeat about her new life as a film actor and gets talking about her wish list of stars she wants to work with. People from the north know the stalwarts Rajinikanth and Kamal Hassan. But after Suriyas performance in Rakta Charitra, a lot of girls are curious about him. He is my favourite actor and I would love to work with him, she giggles. In fact, she even conveyed her intention to the man himself. I met Suriya during the audio launch of my film and told him exactly what I felt. He apologised for not coming up to congratulate me first. I thought that was a cute gesture, she adds, hoping to see her dreams come true soon.

http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/report_i-want-to-work-with-suriya-taapsee-pannu_1496433[/tscii:92132f55f3]

SoftSword
26th January 2011, 10:38 PM
When I suggested the same, after watching the original, Plum said almost prophetically, that it was a Vijay film. I think he is right. Madhavan should stay clear.

its not prophetically, chatterjeecally...
he jinxed it as usual.

VinodKumar's
26th January 2011, 11:38 PM
Yaaru intha kalpaathi agoram neraya padam edukuraanga :?

HonestRaj
27th January 2011, 11:40 AM
Yaaru intha kalpaathi agoram neraya padam edukuraanga :?

DMK'ku vendapattavanganu Podas sonnaru... nanum idhaithan 2 weeks munnadi kEtten

Plum
27th January 2011, 12:20 PM

he jinxed it as usual.

AmAm, vijay 3 Idiotsla n adikkAma jinx paNdrEn - vERa vElaiyE illai pArunga :evil:

adhu andha padam pArthavuNE sonnadhu(much before remake rumours started) - fyi, andha film mEla uLLa kaduppula sonnEn - meedhi nIngaLE purinjikkOnga. BTW, recommended Sriman for Maddy's role, unfortunately he seems to be out of contention. Tailor made role for him

ajaybaskar
27th January 2011, 01:17 PM
First i read that as 'Seeman'. :-(

Plum
27th January 2011, 01:18 PM
yAru Mr pEranbu and perungObamA? Avarukku udhayanidhi padaththula villain role kudukkalAmE

SoftSword
27th January 2011, 03:59 PM

he jinxed it as usual.

AmAm, vijay 3 Idiotsla n adikkAma jinx paNdrEn - vERa vElaiyE illai pArunga :evil:

adhu andha padam pArthavuNE sonnadhu(much before remake rumours started) - fyi, andha film mEla uLLa kaduppula sonnEn - meedhi nIngaLE purinjikkOnga. BTW, recommended Sriman for Maddy's role, unfortunately he seems to be out of contention. Tailor made role for him

panradhellam pannittu summa samaalikkadheenga plum....
maybe u said it unintentionally, but ur powers worked rite.

printhan
3rd February 2011, 04:04 PM
Mumbai: The latest buzz is that the shooting of the Tamil remake of blockbuster film “3 Idiots” titled “Nanban” has begun in Ooty. But Suriya is upset with its bad publicity.

Sources state that allegations have been leveled against Suriya for exiting from the film but for which he is not to be blamed.

Charges have been raised against Suriya that he decided to quit from the film as he demanded exorbitant salary.

But the actual reason behind his dropping the offer is that he had two more projects in hand “7am Arivu” and “Maatran”. The second reason is that Vijay has decided to return to the project and hence he has decided to quit.

To clear all doubts and misunderstandings, Suriya has decided to soon call for a media briefing.

http://www.bollypatrika.com/2011/02/02/suriya-is-not-to-be-blamed/

printhan
3rd February 2011, 04:05 PM
Director Shankar has finally got his cast and crew in place and he has started shooting for his ambitious project – the South remake of 3 Idiots.

The film is titled 'Nanban' with Vijay, Jiiva and Srikanth in lead roles along with Illeana and Sathyaraj in key roles.

While all is well with Shankar and his 3 Idiots team, there is one person who remains to be unhappy. Sources say that Suriya, who was earlier slated to play Aamir's role in the South remake, is upset by the negative news floating around about why he opted out of the film.

As per reports, Suriya opted out of the film as he wasn't getting paid the amount he had asked for. There was also buzz that Suriya demanded the Telugu rights of the movie. However, sources close to Suriya have denied any such demand from the actor.

Sources have it that Suriya couldn't allocate dates for the movie and he didn't want to keep Shankar waiting for him. The actor has his dates full with schedules of '7am Arivu' and 'Maatran' and therefore talks between the director and Suriya didn't even reach to the level where they would discuss the fee. But Suriya isn't a nave and knows that rumours won't die down till he speaks to the media directly.

Therefore, the actor is planning to hold a press conference soon to clear the air and put all rumours to rest. We are sure the superstar will come out clean.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/regional/news-interviews/Is-superstar-Suriya-too-demanding/articleshow/7412262.cms

ajithfederer
7th February 2011, 03:54 AM
99th vote is Mine.

Voted for Pithamagan which is his best performance till date.

Stiglitz
14th February 2011, 02:43 PM
Hari and Surya to join hands again for Singam Part 2... :idontgetit: :banghead:

http://ozeeya.com/en/hot-news-english-archive/1256-once-again-suriya-hari-part-ii-of-singam

printhan
14th February 2011, 05:26 PM
Saamyla kudathan Saamyin vettai thodarum ennu podaar.. venum enna athai edukaalam.. singam part 2 ellam konjam over.. but it wont be true..

BM
12th March 2011, 01:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnjk6JwGlSk

gurusaravanan
12th March 2011, 01:58 PM
99th vote is Mine.

Voted for Pithamagan which is his best performance till date.
+1.........

printhan
12th March 2011, 04:58 PM
சில்லுனு ஒரு காதல் படத்தில் இணைந்து நடித்த சூர்யா-ஜோதிகா நட்சத்திர ஜோடி,தற்போது கமெர்சியல் விளம்பரம் ஒன்றில் நடித்துள்ளது.
கோலிவுட் படத்தில் தனது காதல் மனைவி ஜோதிகா,இரண்டு குழந்தைகளுக்கு மம்மியான பிறகு ,கணவர் சூர்யா நடிக்க அனுமதிப்பாரா? என்பது குறித்து பல்வேறு யூகங்கள் திரையுலகில் கிளம்பியது.

'ஜோ' என்னை விட நன்றாக நடிக்கிறாங்க, திருமணமான பின் நீண்ட இடைவெளிக்கு பிறகு கேமிரா முன் நின்றுள்ளார். நானும் ஜோவும் போட்டி போட்டு நடித்தோம்.

இப்போது நடிப்பதற்காக பதினாறு கிலோ எடையை குறைச்சு, இன்னும் இளமையான 'ஜோ'வாகவே வந்திருக்காங்க. நடிப்பின் மேல் வைத்திருக்கும் உணர்வுப்பூர்வமான காதல் மட்டும் 'ஜோ'வுக்கு குறையவில்லை.

திருமணத்துக்கு முன் இருந்த 'ஜோ'வுக்கும், இப்போது விளம்பர ரீலில் பார்த்த 'ஜோ'வுக்கும் அதிக வித்தியாசமில்லாதை பார்த்தவர்கள் சொல்லியிருக்கிறார்கள். பெரிய திரையில் 'ஜோ' நடிக்க அனுமதிப்பீங்களா? என்று என்னிடம் கேட்கிறார்கள்.

படஉலகில் குறிப்பிடும்படியான 'ஸ்பெஷல் புராஜெக்ட்டில்' அவர் நடிப்பார்.ஸ்கிரிப்ட் பிடிச்சிருந்தால் கண்டிப்பாக 'ஜோ' நடிப்பார்' என்று சூர்யா கூறியுள்ளாராம்.

easygoer
12th March 2011, 10:26 PM
Lovely couple!!! Jo is cute even now....

easygoer
8th April 2011, 11:00 PM
Suriya and Hari again
Suriya and Hari have had successful collaborations in past with their films, Aaru, Vel and Singam hitting the bull’s eye at the box office. Hari has written a super script about a hardened gangster with Suriya in mind for the role.

The actor was floored with the script and agreed immediately as he has complete faith in Hari. The two are busy with pending projects like 7am Arivu and Matran for Suriya and Venghai for Hari. But once they wrap up work for these films, the shoot will commence for this film which is yet to be titled. The leading ladies of Kodambakkam are dying to be a part of this project and it will be interesting to see who lands the role of Suriya’s heroine

easygoer
17th April 2011, 03:33 PM
Shankar- Suriya Kollywood Crazy Combo?

Here is the breaking news about the much awaited combo of director Shankar and handsome hunk Suriya. This is one of the missing combination in kollywood from a very long time. It was suriya who was supposed to reprise the role of Aamir Khan in the Tamil remake Nanban but finally the offer landed with Vijay.

The saying better late than never can be said here as suriya is likely to star in the direction of shankar. it is said that the director had made a special script ready for suriya, where he satrs as a solo hero and this ias the reason for suriya not been in the remake of 3 idiots which is a multi starrer. The official confirmation is awaited but this is the much needed announcement as his fans are raving for this outstanding combination.

If this is true,then it will be very nice!!!!!

printhan
13th May 2011, 03:54 AM
http://happylounge.org/images/smilies/this_top.gif

Thalai sirantha nadikanukku intha nilaiya... plz update this thread...

SoftSword
19th May 2011, 12:53 AM
http://i51.tinypic.com/14e8cuo.jpg

HonestRaj
19th May 2011, 01:19 AM
did Siva & sons wish JJ?

varunlss12
19th May 2011, 04:26 AM
did Siva & sons wish JJ?

Ella honest......

hattori_hanzo
19th May 2011, 10:45 AM
Very nice photo, SoftSword. Whats the age difference between Surya and Karthi? They look like non-identical twins. Is it because Karthi was always taller than Surya?

hattori_hanzo
19th May 2011, 11:03 AM
did Siva & sons wish JJ?

Isn't Sivakumar a staunch DMK supporter?

hattori_hanzo
19th May 2011, 11:13 AM
This might turn out to be inspirational for fitness freaks.:-)

http://www.cinehour.com/gossips/kollywood/20629/suriya-taking-six-pack-classes-online.html

Suriya taking 'Six-pack' classes online

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_r9hIuQraoWI/SNy1ZxcQqtI/AAAAAAAAAAc/ZN4gZCxIpgw/s1600-h/Surya-Six-Pack+%281%29.jpg

Hero Suriya, who enticed millions of audience with his robust body and six pack is now explaining what measures have to be taken to get six pack. Here are the major lessons he has taken in a website interview.

I was a bad eater till I got the though to get into six pack plan. Then I changed my diet plan and started protein intake along with quite a lot of water. I stopped eating anything after 5 PM. But Sundays are exception. I used to eat what ever I want to. Generally I used to stick on to chicken and fish during out door shoot but in majority cases, only vegetarian. I bid an adieu for white rice and started eating brown rice. Fruits are part of daily diet.

Every day I used to concentrate on 2-3 muscles. I used to spend 90 minutes in gym where 60 minutes are dedicated for weights and abs and 30 minutes for cardio exercises. One can show abs on screen with right diet, workout and rest. Without proper intervals and sleep, one can achieve a healthy six pack. Many people hold breathe while working on weights. But we should not. And one should not forget to stretch before and after workout.

Getting six-pack in a period of 10 months or more is healthier. But jumping into it with a decision of getting in 3 months is dangerous. Internally one becomes weak with crash course. It should be attained with peace and patience. Otherwise one may become a patient on bed.

So, guys, don’t be hasty for getting six pack. Be calculative and follow Suriya’s words with proper trainer.

Parthyy
9th June 2011, 12:32 AM
http://i56.tinypic.com/dyx3f4.jpg

PARAMASHIVAN
1st July 2011, 05:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TxcY6V42V1A

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
5th July 2011, 09:51 AM
DC : July 4
Suriya to begin Maatran’s shoot

Suriya, Karthi’s doting brother, who was busy all this while with lil bro’s wedding will soon join K.V.Anand for his next, highly-anticipated flick Maatran. Dismissing speculation in a section of the media that K.V. Anand would kick-start his filming with a song shot abroad, DC learns that the ultra-creative director will be starting Maatran by shooting scenes in Chennai.

Speaking exclusively to DC, K.V. Anand informed, “Suriya will join me in the third week of this month and I intend to begin shooting in the city, with a few scenes which will be filmed at different areas.

The film's backdrop will not be confined to a single set. Nor will we be starting by shooting a song abroad, as was rumoured.” On the buzz that Suriya will be sporting five
different looks, he confirmed, “Yes, he is going to appear in five different looks. Basically, Suriya will sport a single look and all the other get-ups will be done in a blue-mat using various filters.”

Insiders add that Suriya will surprise everyone by looking really youthful in the film.

Mahen
9th July 2011, 09:39 PM
Kaaka kaaka hindi :) johny boy looks more like a gangster than a cop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewZyjLZKEgM

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
10th July 2011, 10:00 AM
Kaaka kaaka hindi :) johny boy looks more like a gangster than a cop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewZyjLZKEgM

:yes: Not good !!!

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
10th July 2011, 10:02 AM
Surya's Next : Maatraan with K.V.Anand !!

A film with Hari (Village Flick) (Source : TOI, July 10)

vithagan
23rd July 2011, 12:51 AM
சூர்யா..!
http://cinema.vikatan.com/images/articles_images/22surabirth.jpg

'நேருக்கு நேரி'ல் அறிமுகமானாலும், சூர்யாவுக்கு திரையுலகில் ஒரு நிரந்த இடம் கிடைக்க அடையாளம் கொடுத்தது 'நந்தா' தான்.

'நந்தா' படத்திற்குப் பிறகு ஒவ்வொரு படத்தையும் மிக கவனமாக தேர்ந்தெடுத்து நடிக்கிறார் சூர்யா. ' கொடுத்த ரோலை கச்சிதமாக நடித்துக் கொடுப்பவர் ' என்று இயக்குனர்களிடம் பேர் வாங்கி இருக்கும் சூர்யாவுக்கு நாளை பிறந்தநாள்.

நாளை பிறந்தநாள் கொண்டாட இருக்கும் சூர்யாவைப் பற்றிய சில தகவல் துளிகள் :

பார்ட்டி, டிஸ்கோதெ, டிரிங்ஸ், சிகரெட் எந்தப் பழக்கமும் இல்லாதவர் சூர்யா. சூட்டிங் முடிந்தால் அப்பா, அம்மா, மனைவி என செட்டில் ஆவதையே விரும்புவார். கேட்டால், 'அப்பாவும் இப்படித்தானே இருந்தார்!' என்பார்.

முருக பக்தர் சூர்யா. எழுந்தவுடன் குளித்துவிடுவார். நெற்றியில் கொஞ்ச நேரமேனும் திருநீறு துலங்கும். திருவண்ணாமலைக்குச் சென்று, செருப்பு போடாமல் கிரிவலம் வந்திருக்கிறார்! தொழில் மீது இருக்கும் அளவுக்கு கடவுளிடமும் பக்தி உண்டு!

காலையில் ஹெல்த் டிரிங்ஸ், கொஞ்சம் உலர்ந்த பழங்கள். மதியம் மூன்று சிக்கன் பீஸ், சப்பாத்தி, வேகவைத்த காய்கறிகள். மாலை ஜுஸ், இரவு சப்பாத்தி. இதுதான் அவருடைய மெனு. ஸ்வீட்டுக்கு எப்பவும் தடா!

துணி ஏற்றுமதி நிறுவனத்தில் வேலை பார்த்த காரணத்தால், சூட்டிங்கில் அவருக்கான ஆடைகளை அவரே கட்டிங் செய்து டிசைன் செய்கிறார்!

அவரது புதுப் படம் வெளியாகும்போதெல்லாம், அவர் படித்த லயோலா கல்லூரியின் பேராசிரியர்களுக்கு ஸ்க்ரீன் செய்து அபிப்பிராயம் கேட்பார்!

சூர்யாவின் பக்கத்துப் பக்கத்து வீட்டுக்காரர்கள் இயக்குநர்கள் பாரதிராஜா மற்றும் ஷங்கர். ஆனாலும், இவர்கள் இருவரின் படத்திலும் நடித்தது இல்லை சூர்யா!

தங்கை பிருந்தா மீது சூர்யாவுக்கு அலாதி பாசம். வாரத்துக்கு ஒரு முறையேனும் பிருந்தாவை அவர் பார்த்துவிட வேண்டும். நாட்கள் கடந்தால் இவரே தன் குழந்தை தியாவைத் தூக்கிக் கொண்டு தங்கையைப் பார்க்க ஓடிவிடுவார்!

உலக சினிமாக்களில் இரானியப் படங்கள்தான் சூர்யா சாய்ஸ். சூட்டிங் கேன்சல் ஆனால் அந்தப் படங்கள்தான் சூர்யாவின் ஹோம் தியேட்டரில் கதை பேசும்!

வீட்டிலேயே ஜிம் இருக்கிறது. ஹிந்தி 'கஜினி'யில் அமீருக்கு உடற்பயிற்சியாளராக இருந்த அல்காஸ்தான் இப்போ சூர்யாவுக்கும் கைடு!

தன்னுடன் கல்லூரியில் படித்த நண்பர்களின் வீடுகளுக்கு திடீர் விசிட் அடிப்பது, கிறிஸ்துமஸ், தீபாவளி, ரம்ஜானின்போது வாழ்த்து அனுப்புவது சூர்யா பழக்கம். 'சினிமா ஸ்டார் ஆயிட்டோம்னு நண்பர்களை மறக்க முடியாதுல்ல!' என்பார்!

சினிமாவில் கமல்தான் சூர்யாவின் குரு. 'தேவர் மகன்' படம் வந்த சமயம் கமல் போலவே ஃபங்க் தலைமுடி வைத்துக் கொண்டு திரிந்தவர் சூர்யா!

சூர்யா கௌரவ நடிகராக நடித்த ஒரே படம் 'ஜூன் ஆர்'. ஜோவின் அன்புக்காக அது. ரஜினிக்காக ஒரே ஒரு காட்சியில் நடித்த படம் 'குசேலன்'. கமலுக்காக ஒரே ஒரு பாடலில் நடித்த படம் மன்மதன் அம்பு. பாலாவுக்காக ஒரே ஒரு காட்சியில் நடித்த படம் அவன் இவன்.

எல்லோரையும் 'ஜி' என்றுதான் அழைப்பார் சூர்யா. வயதில் மூத்தவர்களை 'அண்ணே' என்பார். மிகவும் நெருக்கமானவர்களைத்தான் பெயர் சொல்லி அழைப்பார்!

எம்.ஜி.ஆருக்குப் பிறகு அம்மா சென்ட்டிமென்ட்டில் இவரை அடித்துக்கொள்ள ஆளே இல்லை எனலாம். அந்தளவுக்கு அம்மா வார்த்தைக்கு மறு பேச்சு பேசாமல் நடந்துகொள்வார்!

தேசியக் கட்சி நடத்திய சர்வேயில் முதல் இடத்தில் வந்தவர் சூர்யா தானாம். ஆனால், அவர்கள் விடுத்த அழைப்புக்கு, 'ஆளை விடுங்க சாமி' என்று கையெடுத்துக் கும்பிட்டு வழியனுப்பி இருக்கிறார்!

சூர்யா சம்பந்தப்பட்ட குடும்ப விழாக்களில் நண்பர்கள், உறவினர்கள் தவிர கட்டாயமாக அழைப்பு அனுப்பப்படும் இரண்டு நண்பர்கள் விஜய், அஜீத்!.

வாரணம் ஆயிரம், அயன், ஆதவன், சிங்கம் என இவர் நடித்த அனைத்து படங்களும் பாக்ஸ் ஆபிஸில் வசூலில் கொடி கட்டிப் பறந்தன. இவர் நடித்த சிங்கம் படம் இந்தி ரீமேக் இன்று ( 22 ஜூலை )வெளியாகி இருக்கிறது.

தற்போது நடித்து வரும் 'ஏழாம் அறிவு 'படத்திற்கு பெரும் எதிர்ப்பார்ப்பு நிலவி வரும் நிலையில், அடுத்தது 'அயன்' கூட்டணி. மீண்டும் கே.வி.ஆனந்துடன் 'மாற்றான்' படத்தில் இணைய இருக்கிறார்.

இன்னும் ஒரு நாட்கள் கூட படப்பிடிப்பு தொடங்காத அப்படத்தை விநியோகஸ்தார்கள் இப்போதே 63 கோடி ரூபாய்க்கு விலை பேசி வருகிறார்கள்.

VIJAY95
3rd August 2011, 02:39 AM
EZHAM ARIVU POSTER !

http://kollywood-kings.over-blog.com/article-ezham-arivu-new-poster-80729216.html

vithagan
23rd September 2011, 12:33 AM
வெற்றிமாறன் இயக்கத்தில் சூர்யா!

http://cinema.vikatan.com/images/articles_images/17surya.jpgதேசிய விருது வென்ற 'ஆடுகளம்' படத்தினை இயக்கிய வெற்றிமாறன் அடுத்து என்ன படம் செய்ய இருக்கிறார் என்று எதிர்ப்பார்ப்பு தமிழ் திரையுலகில் நிலவி வருகிறது.

'மங்காத்தா' படத்தினை தயாரித்த தயாநிதி அழகிரியின் நிறுவனமான க்ளவுட் நைன் நிறுவனத்தின் அடுத்த படத்தினை இயக்க ஒப்பந்தம் ஆகியுள்ளார் வெற்றி மாறன்.

நாயகன் யார், நாயகி யார் என்பது குறித்து இன்னும் முடிவு செய்யவில்லை என்று தயாநிதி அழகிரி தனது டிவிட்டர் இணையத்தில் கூறிவந்தார்.

இந்நிலையில் வெற்றிமாறன் படத்தின் நாயகனாக நடிக்க இருக்கிறார் சூர்யா. தான் நடித்து வரும் 'மாற்றான்' படத்தின் பணிகள் முடிந்தவுடன் இப்படத்தில் நடிக்க இருக்கிறார்.

இப்படத்தின் இசையமைப்பாளராக ஜி.வி.பிரகாஷ் ஒப்பந்தம் செய்யப்பட்டு இருக்கிறார்.

Arragesh
26th September 2011, 08:48 AM
Surya is very clever in choosing the director...way to go....

gurusaravanan
30th September 2011, 09:50 AM
Venkat Prabhu to direct Surya
Venkat Prabhu, who is on cloud nine after his recently released Mankatha received overwhelming response from the audience, is eyeing to direct yet another big star! Well, the filmmaker's next movie will be with none other than Surya.

Grapevine is abuzz with the news that Venkat Prabhu will be teaming up with Surya for his next film. The filmmaker has reportedly signed the Ghajini star for his future project. The proposed film might be delayed, as the actor is currently busy with the promotions of 7aam Arivu. He has to complete KV Anand's Maatraan and Hari's untitled movie before starting this movie, says a source.

Meanwhile, Venkat Prabhu is on a holiday with his family. The filmmaker is expected to announce after returning from his vacation.

vithagan
20th October 2011, 07:53 PM
Looking at Suriya's landmark films Last updated on: October 20, 2011 12:10 IST
http://im.rediff.com/movies/2011/oct/20slid8.jpg
It's a clash of the titans in Tamil cinema this Diwali. The battlelines have been drawn with Vijay's Velayudham and Suriya's 7 Aum Arivu ready to hit the screens next week.
We've had a look at Vijay's path-breaking films (http://www.rediff.com/movies/slide-show/slide-show-1-south-vijays-path-breaking-movies/20111019.htm), so let's have a dekko at the landmark films in Suriya's career.
The path to success for Suriya has been a slow but steady one. The actor with the boy-next-door image had acted in at least half-a-dozen films before he began to be recognised as a classy actor. When that happened, he won both critical and commercial appreciation in huge measure.
Nerukku Ner (1997)
Suriya's debut film was under the auspices of several greats. It was directed by Vasanth, produced by ace director Mani Ratnam, and co-starred none other than Vijay.
With Kausalya and Simran also part of the star-cast and Deva scoring the music, the ego-clashes and a taut screenplay made this an absorbing movie.
Suriya may not have been the sole hero, but he was noticed.
Poovellaam Kettuppaar (1999) Last updated on: October 20, 2011 12:10 IST
http://im.rediff.com/movies/2011/oct/20slid1.jpg
Yet another Vasanth-directed film, it was the ideal vehicle for Suriya as the male lead.
He starred with Jyothika for the first time here, in the lead. Jyothika, of course, went on to become his wife.
Here, they played the son and daughter of music composers Vijaya Kumar and Nasser respectively. The movie's engaging screenplay required the lovers to find a way of reconciling their families to the match since elopement was simply not on the cards.
Suriya's happy-go-lucky turn, laced with plenty of humour, and Deva's catchy songs ensured that the film was a hit. Kaakha Kaakha (2003) Last updated on: October 20, 2011 12:10 IST
http://im.rediff.com/movies/2011/oct/20slid2.jpg
The movie that made Suriya a recognised actor came to him courtesy the woman he would one day marry.
This Gautam Menon film had stirring music by Harris Jeyaraj, but the real reason for its success was the neat screenplay and Suriya's masterly portrayal of a curt police officer for whom duty comes first.
He won accolades for his trim, fit look and became a star almost overnight.
Pithamagan (2003) Last updated on: October 20, 2011 12:10 IST
http://im.rediff.com/movies/2011/oct/20slid3.jpg
Suriya was an established actor by now with a considerable fan following, and proved in this film that his role came first. Vikram played an unruly, violent man who lives in a cemetery, and Suriya played the eternally cheerful and slick talker who made a living conning people into parting with their money.
This was a Suriya never seen before -- the complete abandon with which he waltzed through the role, singing and laughing his way to a tragic end, melted people's hearts. He was paired with Laila and the Bala-directed film became an unprecedented success. Despite the presence of another big star, Suriya managed to shine.
Ghajini (2005) Last updated on: October 20, 2011 12:10 IST
http://im.rediff.com/movies/2011/oct/20slid4.jpg
This A R Murugadoss film raised expectations for all the right reasons. Suriya excelled as the shaven-headed avenger whose bleak eyes could turn murderous in an instant, while also being the charming, successful businessman who discovers love for the first time.
With his altered looks and power-packed performance, Suriya took everyone's breath away and the movie was a blockbuster. It was later remade in Hindi with Aamir Khan in the lead, and was also an enormous success.
Suriya won the Tamil Nadu State Film Special Award for Best Actor that year.
Vaaranam Aayiram (2008) Last updated on: October 20, 2011 12:10 IST
http://im.rediff.com/movies/2011/oct/20slid5.jpg
From a school boy to a college-goer to a man who chases his love all the way to America, and finally an old man who attains the wisdom of life, Suriya was excellent.
In this Gautam Menon film, Suriya turned in a bravura performance. Not surprisingly, the movie fetched him a slew of awards.

Ayan (2009) Last updated on: October 20, 2011 12:10 IST
http://im.rediff.com/movies/2011/oct/20slid6.jpg
Thus far, Suriya had excelled in performance-oriented roles; Ayan was a trend-setter. In this K V Anand film he played an irrepressible smuggler, a man of intelligence who works for a kingpin and derives considerable joy out of it.
The movie had the regulation songs (composed by Harris Jeyaraj) and plenty of romance, humour, and foreign locales, but it was Suriya who stole the show.
Raktha Charithram II (2010) Last updated on: October 20, 2011 12:10 IST
http://im.rediff.com/movies/2011/oct/20slid7.jpg
Working in a Ram Gopal Varma film was a different experience, Suriya said, and indeed, this film, a bloody, gory work based on real life characters, follows the rivalry between two men, Surya Narayana Reddy and Prathap Ravi.
Suriya played a man who has sworn vengeance on his enemy and he looked the part with his rugged appearance, the thirst for revenge in his eyes and taunt body language.
The movie did not do too well, but the actor won praises for his acting and for choosing to do a role that showed him in a different light.

Plum
21st October 2011, 06:24 AM
Ha ha, surya's landmark moviews without Nanda, the movie which gave him an address in Kollywood?Oh rediff articleA? appO sari, idhellaam jagajam

VinodKumar's
21st October 2011, 10:48 AM
Also Mounam Pesiyathae ...

Parthyy
21st October 2011, 11:44 AM
Ayutha Ezhuthu ...

Roshan
21st October 2011, 01:59 PM
and Mayavi (my most favourite Surya movie)

NOV
31st October 2011, 06:20 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/312904_10150357137692057_594682056_8627644_9741032 14_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/315620_10150357137632057_594682056_8627642_9777384 90_n.jpg

NOV
31st October 2011, 06:21 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/375455_10150357137742057_594682056_8627645_1095779 348_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/297644_10150357137802057_594682056_8627646_1489793 179_n.jpg

NOV
3rd November 2011, 09:25 AM
Amala Paul bags Suriya’s film

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/article_vertical/article-images/amala.jpg.crop_display_0.jpg.crop_display.jpg

It can’t get bigger than this for Mollywood beauty Amala, who’s whizzing upwards on the popularity charts.

Amala Paul is soon going to team up with none other than Suriya, the handsome hunk of Kollywood.

Confirmed sources revealed to DC that Amala was the first choice of director Hari for his sequel to his earlier blockbuster, Singham.

With the working title Singham 2, the movie has Suriya once again playing the lead. After essaying the demanding role of Bodhidharman for 7 Aum Arivu, Suriya has deliberately moved on to a relatively less arduous mass masala script helmed by Hari, who is a past master of the genre.

Here’s the inside dope about how theMynaa girl was selected. Reportedly, Hari expected a certain ‘look’ from his female lead, so the Aaru filmmaker met Lingusamy and requested him to screen some footage of Amala from his upcoming flick Vettai, where Amala is paired opposite Arya.

Apparently, Hari was pleased with what he saw and decided to cast the beautiful babe opposite Suriya.

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/channels/showbiz/kollywood/amala-paul-bags-suriya%E2%80%99s-film-324

Parthyy
3rd November 2011, 09:33 AM
singamla suriya anushka kalyaanam aayidumae....
oruvaela second wipe ah

printhan
3rd November 2011, 09:49 AM
singamla suriya anushka kalyaanam aayidumae....
oruvaela second wipe ah

enga oorla wife-kuda duet paadura herokkal romba kammi anna.... athuthan intha setup :mrgreen:

hattori_hanzo
3rd November 2011, 10:19 AM
Bollywoodla Singham 2, 3, 4nu neraya padangal varum. Sumaara odura padangalaye avinga Sequel edukkaama vuda maattaanga, idhu vera anga nallaa odiduchi. Nammaalunga indha dhadava konjam mundhittaanga.

Parthyy
3rd November 2011, 10:32 AM
enga oorla wife-kuda duet paadura herokkal romba kammi anna.... athuthan intha setup :mrgreen:

//Thambi..eppadi irukka,
ella padamum paarthaacha//

Parthyy
3rd November 2011, 10:34 AM

//Thambi..eppadi irukka,
ella padamum paarthaacha:-D//

printhan
3rd November 2011, 10:49 AM
//Thambi..eppadi irukka,
ella padamum paarthaacha:-D//

yes anna.. paarthudan... Vela romba pidichuchu.. 7am arivu not bad... Ra.One- antha karmatha ellam naan paakirathillai.. hope u had a good diwali too... :)

NOV
3rd November 2011, 07:23 PM
Surya is in Malaysia!
I guess its to celerate 7aam Arivu's success.

tune in to THR Raaga at 5.00pm tomorrow to interact with him.....

printhan
3rd November 2011, 07:45 PM
Surya is in Malaysia!
I guess its to celerate 7aam Arivu's success.

tune in to THR Raaga at 5.00pm tomorrow to interact with him.....

Neenga poringala..?

NOV
3rd November 2011, 07:59 PM
naanaa? edhukku? :think:

printhan
3rd November 2011, 08:05 PM
naanaa? edhukku? :think:

oru theevira Surya rasikana povingalo ennu ninaichen :mrteeth:

Plum
3rd November 2011, 08:08 PM
Ninga dhaan surya fanatic AchE? AdhukkAga dhaan :huh: "evLO flop kuduthaalum, I will love Surya. Innum 5 varusham kazhichu Surya padam hit Agum. That will prove his mass" apdinellAm diary-la ezhudhi vechurukkeengalaame?

littlemaster1982
3rd November 2011, 08:12 PM
Ninga dhaan surya fanatic AchE? AdhukkAga dhaan :huh: "evLO flop kuduthaalum, I will love Surya. Innum 5 varusham kazhichu Surya padam hit Agum. That will prove his mass" apdinellAm diary-la ezhudhi vechurukkeengalaame?

Plum,

Podhum vidunga :lol:

MADDY
3rd November 2011, 08:14 PM
this is very sad to see

printhan
3rd November 2011, 08:14 PM
Its ok anna... Naan avara kandukirathillai.. avar avarukku mudinchatha siyuraar... naan enakku mudinchatha seiyuran.. :)

printhan
3rd November 2011, 08:15 PM
this is very sad to see

Few may think that they are smart in these things.. but for most of us.. its just :rotfl: .. So no worries anna...;)

NOV
3rd November 2011, 08:18 PM
printhan, pala thadava sollirukken, I am a selfish customer who owes no allegiance to anyone.
whoever satisfies me, I will accept and discard when they stop satisfying me. :)

printhan
3rd November 2011, 08:20 PM
printhan, pala thadava sollirukken, I am a selfish customer who owes no allegiance to anyone.
whoever satisfies me, I will accept and discard when they stop satisfying me. :)

ippa naan enna kedudan.... poringala illiya...?? neenga enna solli irukanum.. poren pogela...?? naan assulta kelvikku oru page odanumaa??? sari vidunga anna...:)

NOV
3rd November 2011, 08:23 PM
ithukku thaan andha reply...

oru theevira Surya rasikana povingalo ennu ninaichen :mrteeth:

take it easy printhan, dont lose your cool ;)

Plum
3rd November 2011, 08:26 PM
Maddy, nInga ippO edhukku ipdi ellAM statesman post pOdaRIngannu therium. pOgattum - unga psyche enakku pidi pattu pOchu. oru nAL ungaLA surya-vai support paNNa vekkaREN pArunga. (ippOvE announce paNNittA ushArAyiduvIngalla - sari ippO nInga pidikkAdhunu solRa EdhO oNNai ungaLai pidikkumnu solla vekkaREN pArunga)

printhan
3rd November 2011, 08:26 PM
I am cool :mrgreen:

anyway thank you for the reply

MADDY
3rd November 2011, 08:34 PM
Maddy, nInga ippO edhukku ipdi ellAM statesman post pOdaRIngannu therium.

vellayum chollayum poettukittu, kumbudu poetta avatar vechikittu, idhu kooda sollalenna eppadi

pOgattum - unga psyche enakku pidi pattu pOchu. oru nAL ungaLA surya-vai support paNNa vekkaREN pArunga.

ada enakku already Suryah pudikkum-nga - look at my avatar :lol2:

Plum
3rd November 2011, 08:49 PM
Nice try. Ivarukku oru h extra irukku. Anyway, for people like Vinod: inge vandhu, NOv-ai surya fanatci mAdhiri siththarikka muyandru vambukku izhuthadu samaadhana puraa hubber dhaan. Adhukku naan reply paNNinA, unga pudhiya kula deivam varutha padaraaru. Magaajanangale, ningale pArthukkunga, "engalai provoke pandraanga"-nu polambura oru gumbal epdi ellaam freshA provoke panna aarambikkudhu, adhukku yaaravadhu ridicule paNNinA, avangaLO avanga kula deivamO "engala adichuttanga"-nu polamburadhu...a very clear example of what has been happening here for long. Ada ninga provoke pandradhu kooda periya vishayam illai. If you provoke, you will get 10 times risdcule easily in return. But provoke-um pannittu, polambavum polambaringa paarunga - adhai thaan inge ella periyavangalum sonnaanga. But you guys continue to live in your dreamworld where you are all innocent children and others are all committing atrocities on you.

printhan
3rd November 2011, 08:55 PM
NOV anna small doubt.. did u got offended..coz I called u Surya Fan?

printhan
3rd November 2011, 08:56 PM
Nice try. Ivarukku oru h extra irukku. Anyway, for people like Vinod: inge vandhu, NOv-ai surya fanatci mAdhiri siththarikka muyandru vambukku izhuthadu samaadhana puraa hubber dhaan. Adhukku naan reply paNNinA, unga pudhiya kula deivam varutha padaraaru. Magaajanangale, ningale pArthukkunga, "engalai provoke pandraanga"-nu polambura oru gumbal epdi ellaam freshA provoke panna aarambikkudhu, adhukku yaaravadhu ridicule paNNinA, avangaLO avanga kula deivamO "engala adichuttanga"-nu polamburadhu...a very clear example of what has been happening here for long. Ada ninga provoke pandradhu kooda periya vishayam illai. If you provoke, you will get 10 times risdcule easily in return. But provoke-um pannittu, polambavum polambaringa paarunga - adhai thaan inge ella periyavangalum sonnaanga. But you guys continue to live in your dreamworld where you are all innocent children and others are all committing atrocities on you.

try to type all in small caps... PLEASE

Plum
3rd November 2011, 09:15 PM
Enakku Upper Case theriyin; Lower Case theriyin; ada, CAPS-nu edhai solvaangannu kooda theriyin. Indha Small CAPS ennAnnu konjam solli kudutheehanna, kaththukittu post pandreNgNA

Bala (Karthik)
3rd November 2011, 09:16 PM
this is very sad to see

Ayya enna sonneeng? :lol2:

Bala (Karthik)
3rd November 2011, 09:17 PM
Enakku Upper Case theriyin; Lower Case theriyin; ada, CAPS-nu edhai solvaangannu kooda theriyin. Indha Small CAPS ennAnnu konjam solli kudutheehanna, kaththukittu post pandreNgNA
Adhaan flasafy!

printhan
3rd November 2011, 09:21 PM

lower case theriyum thane.. then athilaye post pannunga...

Small caps ennu naan than pizhaiya sollitan :)

Saai
3rd November 2011, 09:22 PM
koot strategy by SURYA..

oru pathu flop thodarndhu kuduthu apuram hit kudukka mudiyudha...appuramum fan base irukkaanu test pandraru...good..idhu flop nu solla mudiyadhu still good attempt..

surya fans felt cornered when vijay fans can boast of their hero maintaining the fan base and provide hits even after lots of flops... surya is trying to eliminate that black dot in his career...

naduvula eppovavadhu surya hit kuduthuta..parotavakku kotta pudhusaarambinga surya fans

Plum
3rd November 2011, 09:37 PM
Printhan anbarE, nInga solRA mAdhiri full lower-case-la type paNNalAm dhAn. romba nALA Anban anbar anbA solli kittu dhAn irukkAr en kitta idhai. But, enakku indha mixed transliteration style pazhagi pOchu anbarE. ippO nAn enna seyya? (Idhu oru valid transliteration style-nu ungaLukku kaNdippA theinjirukkumNgNA. ungaLukkE solREnnu varuththa padAdhIngNA. maththavangaLukku puriyaNum illaiyAngNA. Adhukku thAngNA)

MADDY
3rd November 2011, 09:41 PM
Ayya enna sonneeng? :lol2:

oru velambaram :lol2:

printhan
3rd November 2011, 10:04 PM
Printhan anbarE, nInga solRA mAdhiri full lower-case-la type paNNalAm dhAn. romba nALA Anban anbar anbA solli kittu dhAn irukkAr en kitta idhai. But, enakku indha mixed transliteration style pazhagi pOchu anbarE. ippO nAn enna seyya? (Idhu oru valid transliteration style-nu ungaLukku kaNdippA theinjirukkumNgNA. ungaLukkE solREnnu varuththa padAdhIngNA. maththavangaLukku puriyaNum illaiyAngNA. Adhukku thAngNA)

ok ok :)

PS: yaarathu oruthar oru tea sollungappa..

NOV
4th November 2011, 06:04 AM
Surya is also being interviewed on minnal.fm at 1.15pm today
meanwhile THR has changed their slogan today from ahaa sirandha isai to ahaa sirandha surya :lol2: (real, not a joke)

sathya_1979
4th November 2011, 06:08 AM
:shock: :yessir: :noteeth:

Mahen
4th November 2011, 11:00 AM
:lol: same reaction when i first read it

Plum
4th November 2011, 11:41 AM
Hmmm...enakkE thONala. Sathya - ungaLa en 'kalai' ulaga vArisA aRivikkalAMa? :think:

printhan
4th November 2011, 11:50 AM

:rotfl:

NOV
4th November 2011, 12:22 PM
Surya is also being interviewed on minnal.fm at 1.15pm todayof the six callers during the 30 mins, three people said that they look at him as next Kamal and they watch only his movies in cinema other than those of Kamal's.

whatever anyone may say here, the fact remains that Kamal fans generally have a soft spot for Surya..... including in this Hub. :p

printhan
4th November 2011, 12:52 PM
of the six callers during the 30 mins, three people said that they look at him as next Kamal and they watch only his movies in cinema other than those of Kamal's.

whatever anyone may say here, the fact remains that Kamal fans generally have a soft spot for Surya..... including in this Hub. :p

+999999999999999999999999999999999

NOV
5th November 2011, 08:57 AM
interview session at THR

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/312990_262896597089940_100001088068035_770961_3234 80325_n.jpg

Mahen
5th November 2011, 11:41 AM
of the six callers during the 30 mins, three people said that they look at him as next Kamal and they watch only his movies in cinema other than those of Kamal's.

:shock: Surya's old man role in VA is enough to show that he has a long way to go..compared that to nayagan(both were in their 30s)..no match at all..To be honest, theres no one to take over Kamal's place yet..Had hopes on KArthi but avaru siruthai saguni route-le poraru

sathya_1979
5th November 2011, 11:48 AM
Hmmm...enakkE thONala. Sathya - ungaLa en 'kalai' ulaga vArisA aRivikkalAMa? :think:
I would be honored :bow: aanaa unga aLavukku enakku yaanai illa, paRRaalayaa?

ajaybaskar
5th November 2011, 11:55 AM
this is very sad to see

Yup.. But cant help.. Need to live with it.

NOV
5th November 2011, 11:59 AM
Mahen, thats ok... I mentioned Kamal fans :lol2:

Mahen
5th November 2011, 12:01 PM
actually was referring to the callers who said hes the next Kamal :)

NOV
5th November 2011, 12:03 PM
actually was referring to the callers who said hes the next Kamal :)yeah. they said there were Kamal fans....

Plum
5th November 2011, 12:29 PM
indha sad-gaL not happy-gaLlAm pAkkum bOdhu enakku ninaivukku varum pazhamozhi "Goat Drenching....fill in the blanks"

NOV
5th November 2011, 06:48 PM
Anushka and Suriya team up again!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/regional/news-interviews/-Anushka-and-Suriya-team-up-again/articleshow/10617982.cms

While there have been reports that Amala Paul has been approached by director Hari for his film with Suriya, we learn that the film will in fact have two heroines.

"The script for Suriya's next will be a two-heroine subject and we have actually finalized Anushka as one of the female leads. As for Amala being approached, the discussion is still in its nascent stage and I have been considering many other actresses as well," reveals the Singam director.

Anushka and Amala had earlier appeared together in Vikram's Deiva Thiirumagal and had reportedly become good friends on the set.

Quiz him on whether the Suriya film will be a sequel to their hugely-successful Singam (which also became a blockbuster in Hindi), Hari says that it is too early to tell. "All I can say at this stage is that I'm working with Suriya and a final picture on the story, cast and crew will emerge in a fortnight," he says.

NOV
6th November 2011, 11:02 AM
To be honest, theres no one to take over Kamal's place yet..I keep on hearing/seeing this everywhere...

Rubkan Thurupan ‎7aam arivu is successful Indian film after Ra.one in Norway. Many of my Norwegian friends watched the film they thought they were excellent. They have seen other Tamil movies, but thinks that it is different.
I felt that I was watching a Hollywood movie. Surya Sivakumar is definitely next "Ulaga Nayagan". The reason "Ra one" is a big success in Norway, is because there are many Pakistanis in Norway, so they watch Hindi movies everytime. I was happy that 'it was on the cover of the official movie site of Norway.
This is the first Tamil film that has been on the front page.
I hope that movie comes out in the Hindi version. So that Suriya get more followers like Kamal Haasan.

hattori_hanzo
8th November 2011, 09:11 AM
7aum Arivu received tremendous response: Suriya

Suriya met the press in a jubilant and happy mood to celebrate the success of his 7 Aum Arivu and to thank the media for their support.
The actor said, At the start of my career, I could never imagine that any film of mine would get this kind of a response as 7 Aum Arivu has got and that any of my films could do such business. The film has had a tremendous response. Many viewers who havent gone to the theatres in a long time have come to see this film, as per what some exhibitors have told me. A very different crowd has come to see this film at many places. Both in India and overseas the response has been terrific. I want to thank the media for their role in supporting me through my career and also pointing out any flaws which made me introspect.

He agreed that the film had got a mixed response from the media in their reviews but added that the exhibitors, producer and director are very happy with the results. Singham was my biggest commercial success till now but this films collections have surpassed that in the first ten days itself, he said.
Asked whether he knew that Sruthi would hog so much of the limelight by her character, he said, I knew the concept of the film and I did not strive to show heroism all through. I knew her character drives the story. But I also knew that the director would deliver the goods and that we were not trying to follow a conventional formula.
In response to a query, the actor said that Vijays wife Sangeetha had seen the film and had said it was good. He added that Rajni had also seen it and said, fantastic work, keep it up. Answering a query the actor added, Various people have been spreading news on the Net about some changes in the Telugu version. I ask people not to believe it without seeing the film. In Telugu too Bodhidharman has been shown as being from Kanchipuram only and not from elsewhere.
The actor is now happy about the way Maatran is shaping up and said that his character is a unique one, never seen before. About news relating to Singham 2, he said, the details would be given in a few days time. The actor revealed that he is in talks with a big director for a period film but nothing is finalized as yet.

Asked to comment on Velayudham he said, I too am doing entertaining films and its healthy trend to have films of different genres.

hattori_hanzo
2nd December 2011, 02:16 PM
Suriya rocks at Kerala state awards

http://www.sify.com/movies/suriya-rocks-at-kerala-state-awards-news-malayalam-lmblJvhiedc.html

Suriya is rocking big time in Kerala. He has a huge fan base as proved by the opening of 7aum Arivu. The actor has been studiously building up this base astutely.
Last Monday (Nov 28), Suriya was in Kozhikode in the heart of Malabar area as a special guest of Kerala government at the prestigious state run awards.
Suriya stole the thunder at the award night, when he made his appearance on stage. Later when the song Oru Maalai .. picturised on Suriya in Ghajini was sung by singer Karthik , the crowd went crazy clapping with the actor. Among others at the award function were Kerala Chief Minister Oomen Chandy, State ministers KB Ganesh Kumar, MK Muneer, director Priyadarsan, Dileep, best actor Salim Kumar and best actress Kavya Madhavan.

hattori_hanzo
2nd December 2011, 02:21 PM
Venkat Prabhu to do Suriya film?

http://www.sify.com/movies/venkat-prabhu-to-do-suriya-film-news-tamil-lmcmjzffjja.html

The grapevine has been abuzz that director Venkat Prabhu after the super hit Mankatha is busy with pre-production work of his new film.
Venkat Prabhu himself tweeted I have signed with Studio Green! I am working on a couple of scripts, will soon update about which one I am starting and the cast.
The buzz is that Studio Green being partly owned by Suriya, Venkat will be doing a film with him. As per our sources Venkat is doing a bi-lingual in Tamil and Telugu with artists from both the industries.
The untitled film is said to be a comedy of errors laced with action. It will have Suriya and Ravi Teja in the lead, with music by Yuvan Shankar Raja.
Suriya has terrific reach in Andhra and Ravi Tejas Telugu film remakes have worked in Tamil. The rest of the star cast and other details are being worked out.

Mr.GreyShirt
9th December 2011, 12:10 AM
[.......]
On his next project Venkat says, "I have signed a bilingual with Studio Green, I am still penning the script. After penning the script I will narrate it to Suriya who is currently busy with Maatraan. It's a double hero project. It will be a buddy cop film loaded with action and comedy". He will narrate it to Ravi Teja as well after penning the script.

Buddy cop films are usually plots where two men of different preferences are forced to work together to solve a crime case. Popular examples are 'Bad Boys' and 'Rush Hour'.

After delivering a super action entertainer with Thala, it looks like Venkat Prabhu wants to do something even more different with his next venture...

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/75205.html