PDA

View Full Version : 10 to 70 - News & Updates on Surya

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

kid-glove
13th May 2010, 04:31 PM
Rakshitha - I recommend the annoyingly lewd scenes in "Nijam" *ing Mahesh Babu (& directed by Teja ) in name of comedy :lol2:

Parthyy
13th May 2010, 04:39 PM
see harris jeyaraj twitter................
that this movie gonna be like full martial arts action film shot mostly in china/belgium.........

check out

kid-glove
14th May 2010, 06:27 PM
[tscii:06b09233a8][/tscii:06b09233a8]Surya's trilingual film with Puri Jaganath is confirmed. RGV writes about the film's concept in his latest blog. Sounds like a proper crime story, and will be presented in a action-thriller mode

This is the excerpt from RGV's blog

The Concept
By the year 2010, the underworld as we knew it has become non-existent primarily due to the Dawood Ibrahim gang going legitimate in Pakistan, Chota Shakeel becoming completely inactive, Chota Rajan co-operating with the various government agencies, Arun Gawli becoming a politician and Abu Salem being put in jail.

The success of the Mumbai Police in wiping out the underworld has been so total and so complete that the Police Department even disbanded their encounter squad teams as they were of no further use.

These developments were carefully being studied and observed by an entrepreneur from the South.

He was like so many other innumerable entrepreneurs from all over the country who land up in Mumbai with dreams of reinventing business practices which have become outdated. But this particular entrepreneur’s business was that of CRIME.

He minutely studied and educated himself on both the shortcomings and achievements of every gangster that ever ruled Mumbai, ranging from Haji Mastan to Vardha Bhai to Karim Lala to Dawood Ibrahim to Chota Rajan and then landed up in Mumbai to become its biggest gangster ever.

He believed that there is no such thing as right and wrong and there is no such thing as good and bad.

He also believed that everyone in this world go through their lives in one way or the other only by making deals. Whether it’s between husbands and wives or between parents and children or between Godmen and devotees or between politicians and voters, life is nothing but about making deals. So as long as everyone is into some kind of business or the other, he decided that even crime should be treated and dealt with like any other BUSINESS.

Welcome to the new-age gangster.

“The Business Man”
- Guns don’t need agreements
The idea is to make “The Business Man” into a trilingual that is in three languages Hindi, Tamil and Telugu. Unlike in the done to death rustic style of conventional gangster flicks the shooting style of “THE BUSINESS MAN” will fall somewhere inbetween the slickness of “COMPANY” and the entertainment quotient of “WANTED”

The shooting will commence from October 2010 and the film will be released by April 2011.

It will be produced by me, starring Surya and will be directed by Puri Jagan, the original director of “WANTED” (Pokiri in Telugu)

Prabo
15th May 2010, 08:05 PM
Prannoy Roy about Surya in NDTV @ 0.42....acting is in his blood, son of Superstar Sivakumar
itha kaetu Suryavukae sirippu vanthirukkum :rotfl3: BTW, Surya was modest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9_TchtKVb8

joe
15th May 2010, 11:27 PM
Prannoy Roy about Surya in NDTV @ 0.42....acting is in his blood, son of Superstar Sivakumar

It is really shocking to see such a big media person portray tamil nadu is against hindi , bollywood even marriying a north indian girl .. nonsense .. :x

These educated idiots still don't get the difference between anti- imposing hindi and anti-hindi :huh:

Movie Cop
15th May 2010, 11:37 PM

It is really shocking to see such a big media person portray tamil nadu is against hindi , bollywood even marriying a north indian girl .. nonsense .. :x

These educated idiots still don't get the difference between anti- imposing hindi and anti-hindi :huh:
Enadhu "bollywood actress" - sOthikA-va? :huh: Enakku therinju ammani oru padam thaan Hindi-le nadichaange. :lol:

The most funny part is that the North Indies media throwing the word "Super star" liberally to all and sundry! :rotfl3:

Stiglitz
16th May 2010, 12:16 AM
I've seen them call *Hrithik Roshan, Abishek Bachan, Aishwarya Rai, Priyanka Chopra, Akshay Kumar, SRK, Ameer, Salman* Superstars. I think according to them Superstar is just a Sucessful Film Star....:?

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
16th May 2010, 01:19 AM
i'm expecting more intense crime thrillers from rgv ......well crime thrillers are my all time favourites.....surya will definitely rock....

kid-glove
16th May 2010, 01:46 AM

They also intreed Madhavan and Vikram :D

Agree with Joe above..

Scale
16th May 2010, 10:46 AM
hm.... 3 successive hits in a row (ribbon vetta vendiyathu thaan). This is certainly going to affect the homegrown biggie Surya. Karthi can comfortably play all those roles and good for the producers to negotiate at lesser cost. Lets see how Surya reinvents himself.

Scale
16th May 2010, 10:54 AM
Surya also needs to be blamed. He is not that matured I say!

ajaybaskar
16th May 2010, 10:54 AM
Sarna,

Deshamudhru heroine is Hansika Motwani..

Sarna
16th May 2010, 11:15 AM
Sarna,

Deshamudhru heroine is Hansika Motwani..

Thanks :) I was in impression that boomika and hansika are sisters and hence added chawla.

// peraanga mukkyam :twisted: figure dhaan mukkyam 8-) //

Hansika was the only good thing in horrible kantri( :x ). Me watched in theatre :banghead:

Stiglitz
16th May 2010, 01:00 PM
[tscii:e17a1e6151][/tscii:e17a1e6151]Surya's trilingual film with Puri Jaganath is confirmed. RGV writes about the film's concept in his latest blog. Sounds like a proper crime story, and will be presented in a action-thriller mode

This is the excerpt from RGV's blog

The Concept
By the year 2010, the underworld as we knew it has become non-existent primarily due to the Dawood Ibrahim gang going legitimate in Pakistan, Chota Shakeel becoming completely inactive, Chota Rajan co-operating with the various government agencies, Arun Gawli becoming a politician and Abu Salem being put in jail.

The success of the Mumbai Police in wiping out the underworld has been so total and so complete that the Police Department even disbanded their encounter squad teams as they were of no further use.

These developments were carefully being studied and observed by an entrepreneur from the South.

He was like so many other innumerable entrepreneurs from all over the country who land up in Mumbai with dreams of reinventing business practices which have become outdated. But this particular entrepreneur’s business was that of CRIME.

He minutely studied and educated himself on both the shortcomings and achievements of every gangster that ever ruled Mumbai, ranging from Haji Mastan to Vardha Bhai to Karim Lala to Dawood Ibrahim to Chota Rajan and then landed up in Mumbai to become its biggest gangster ever.

He believed that there is no such thing as right and wrong and there is no such thing as good and bad.

He also believed that everyone in this world go through their lives in one way or the other only by making deals. Whether it’s between husbands and wives or between parents and children or between Godmen and devotees or between politicians and voters, life is nothing but about making deals. So as long as everyone is into some kind of business or the other, he decided that even crime should be treated and dealt with like any other BUSINESS.

Welcome to the new-age gangster.

“The Business Man”
- Guns don’t need agreements
The idea is to make “The Business Man” into a trilingual that is in three languages Hindi, Tamil and Telugu. Unlike in the done to death rustic style of conventional gangster flicks the shooting style of “THE BUSINESS MAN” will fall somewhere inbetween the slickness of “COMPANY” and the entertainment quotient of “WANTED”

The shooting will commence from October 2010 and the film will be released by April 2011.

It will be produced by me, starring Surya and will be directed by Puri Jagan, the original director of “WANTED” (Pokiri in Telugu)

Looks like RGV was seriously impressed by Surya, if he is willing to put his own money on him! 8-)

Hope it's a Serious Crime movie like Kaaka Kaaka with no "Bosoms jumping up and down" scenes like Wanted and Pokiri. :P

kid-glove
16th May 2010, 01:03 PM
KK as a serious crime film? "Company" more like ;)

Stiglitz
16th May 2010, 01:07 PM
well ofcourse, but i was speaking from a "Tamil Surya" Perspective. :)

kid-glove
16th May 2010, 01:07 PM
Considering it's Puri, it's close to KK's scope than Company/Satya. :)

Prabo
16th May 2010, 06:32 PM
So, 3 tri-linguals in row for Surya after Singam :thumbsup:

Appu s
16th May 2010, 09:31 PM
Great going! :clap: Surya :thumbsup:

Appu s
16th May 2010, 09:39 PM

Yeah :banghead: even that barkha dutt do the same always :sigh2: Surya have no idea how to answer those stupid questions.

cepark
16th May 2010, 11:26 PM

Yeah :banghead: even that barkha dutt do the same always :sigh2: Surya have no idea how to answer those stupid questions.

:lol:

Guru-V
17th May 2010, 12:55 AM
[tscii:7b85b86d75] A Peek Into Suriya’S Seventh Sense
Sunday May 16, 2010

Share 0diggsdigg

A Peek Into Suriya’S Seventh Sense

Just as we revealed about the film’s title before few days, it has been officially confirmed by A.R. Murugadoss now. Last evening, the entire crew of ‘7 AUM ARIVU’ was present to throw the first light on this film.

Actions committed and self-repentance:

‘Many of us would have likely committed few things and later feel sorry for it. The film is based on such a theme’ said A.R. Murugadoss, who furthermore didn’t turn up details about the plot. This will be a special film for A.R. Murugadoss as he has been taking care of it like a child.

Shruthi Haasan – The Other Hero

Shruthi Haasan’s role will be equivalently powerful as Surya. ‘Perhaps, she can be addressed as another hero instead of labeling as actress’ says the crew.

Harris Jayaraj – The Opening Batsman

Suriya’s praise for Harris Jayaraj was unstoppable as he seems to have been spellbound with his composition for the first song. ‘This morning, we came up with a splendiferous tune that is almost in the style of Suttrum Vizhi Chudare’ uttered Suriya and the song is crooned by Karthik with Na. Muthukumar on lyrics.

Suriya on 2 get-ups

Actor Suriya will be spotted in two different groups with stylish looks.

Technical Crew:

Harris Jayaraj (Music), Ravi K Chandran (Camera), Anthony (Editing), Anu (Costume), Na. Muthukumar (Lyrics).

Release Date:

The film’s shooting will be simultaneously done in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi and will be releasing in Jan-Feb 2011

http://www.top10cinema.com/news/4551/a-peek-into-suriyas-seventh-sense

[/tscii:7b85b86d75]

ajithfederer
17th May 2010, 01:32 AM
+1. Its good to see another Thamizhan doing multi-lingual films and reaching greater heights :thumbsup:

NOV
17th May 2010, 12:46 PM
Suriya to do a cameo for Bala!

Bala has pulled off a coup. He has managed to rope in Suriya to do a cameo role for his underproduction film Avan Ivan with Vishal and Arya!

Suriya owes a lot to Bala who was instrumental in making him an actor to watch out for in his Nanda and latter spotted his latent comedy talent in Pitamagan.

Actually Bala had first approached him and his brother Karthi to do Avan Ivan, which they could not due to date problems.

Bala is on cloud nine as he has managed to bring Suriya into the project, and is likely to appear just before the climax scene in the film. Now Avan Ivan , has become hot and the first real big multi starrer in Kollywood.
http://sify.com/movies/fullstory.php?id=14941993

Yuvi
18th May 2010, 03:12 PM
:clap: :clap: for Surya.

Raththa Charithra
Avan Ivan
7am arivu

Plum
18th May 2010, 03:22 PM
but oodAla murugadasar vandhu Ghajni Part Two eduthu paduthuvAr.
If his high point was only Ghajini in the last few years, I'd have been in the anti-surya camp here. Still cant forget Stochastica Karthik's description of Surya's acting in Ghajini :lol:

Yuvi
18th May 2010, 03:31 PM
I wont Murugadoss as someone who stays in one genre.. Given the last three *tamil* films, he sure has some knack of cracking some odd genres.. Come on lets face it..

Dheena - Ajith-oda film career-a a big milestone

Ramana - one of the best robinhood kinda of stories.

Ghajini - the best "adapted" screenplay from a foreign movie. After Avvai Shanmugi, I highly rate this movie as a well written adapted movie.

Telugu, Hindi padamellam its just a gateway for him to explore the other industries..

Plum
18th May 2010, 03:35 PM
Yuvi, Surya was badly directed in Ghajini. Horrible acting. His fault, too but murugadasar takes a good chunk of the credit, too.

Adapter Screenplay-A? adhukkellAm kaasu koduthu vAngaNum oi - I mean buy the original screenplay not the DVD

Prabo
18th May 2010, 03:54 PM
I wont Murugadoss as someone who stays in one genre.. Given the last three *tamil* films, he sure has some knack of cracking some odd genres.. Come on lets face it..

Dheena - Ajith-oda film career-a a big milestone

Ramana - one of the best robinhood kinda of stories.

Ghajini - the best "adapted" screenplay from a foreign movie. After Avvai Shanmugi, I highly rate this movie as a well written adapted movie.

Telugu, Hindi padamellam its just a gateway for him to explore the other industries..

Ghajini is one of the very bad movies that I have watched and don't even come near to 'Memento'. The screenplay, dialouge, BGM, mottai Surya acting, villian(s), climax all were bad. Ramana is his best and Dheena is a mass movie well done.

vithagan
18th May 2010, 04:13 PM
Ghajini is one of the very bad movies that I have watched and don't even come near to 'Memento'. The screenplay, dialouge, BGM, mottai Surya acting, villian(s), climax all were bad. Ramana is his best and Dheena is a mass movie well done.

We can't compare Memento and Ghajini. Personally I like Memento better than Ghajini. But still Mementova appadiye tamil'la eduthu irundha padam oru vaaram kooda odi irukaadhu, Murugadoss has done goog job in screenplay, Asin and her portion was neatly done.
I agree with one point, I don't like Ghajini climax, pure masala

Sarna
18th May 2010, 04:48 PM
+1. Its good to see another Thamizhan doing multi-lingual films and reaching greater heights :thumbsup:

+2. Great going! :clap: Surya :thumbsup:

Prabo
18th May 2010, 05:03 PM

We can't compare Memento and Ghajini. Personally I like Memento better than Ghajini. But still Mementova appadiye tamil'la eduthu irundha padam oru vaaram kooda odi irukaadhu, Murugadoss has done goog job in screenplay, Asin and her portion was neatly done.
I agree with one point, I don't like Ghajini climax, pure masala

There are much better adapted movies like Godfather -> Devar Magan, Bangkok dangerous -> Pattiyal ippadi sila padangal irukku. I believe Ghajini is not one of them athaan solla vanthaen

Sarna
18th May 2010, 05:10 PM
There are much better adapted movies like Godfather -> Devar Magan, Bangkok dangerous -> Pattiyal ippadi sila padangal irukku. I believe Ghajini is not one of them athaan solla vanthaen

I remember Hubber Maddy commenting like Pattiyal is a attu-xerox-copy of Bangkok dangerous :roll:

Prabo
18th May 2010, 05:17 PM

I remember Hubber Maddy commenting like Pattiyal is a attu-xerox-copy of Bangkok dangerous :roll:

Copy'nu vanthuta approm satha copy'a iruntha enna attu copy'a iruntha enna. Infact, to me its much better than the original Thai and English version. The characters, backdrop, situations everything are well adapted to Tamil. Yuvan's BGM :notworthy:

Stiglitz
18th May 2010, 06:09 PM
Stories like Pattiyal are easy to adapt to Tamil.

Movies like Momento are a lot harder. 8-)

ARM did a fine job in Gajini, except the Climax. I can't imagine any better way for the movie to work for the Tamil masses.

How can Devar Magan and Gajini be compared?

Devar Magan is a Serious Film with a Serious message. The movie was for the most part Realistic.

Gajini isn't out to give a message or get realism. Its just a Masala Entertainer taken with Class. :) And that's what ARM does. He's a Commercial director.

It's like saying, "I hated Partner!! I loved Kaante though, it was a better remake."

PS: I didn't like either of the films, that was just a comparison.

Prabo
18th May 2010, 06:23 PM
Stories like Pattiyal are easy to adapt to Tamil.

Movies like Momento are a lot harder. 8-)

ARM did a fine job in Gajini, except the Climax. I can't imagine any better way for the movie to work for the Tamil masses.

How can Devar Magan and Gajini be compared?

Devar Magan is a Serious Film with a Serious message. The movie was for the most part Realistic.

Gajini isn't out to give a message or get realism. Its just a Masala Entertainer taken with Class. :) And that's what ARM does. He's a Commercial director.

It's like saying, "I hated Partner!! I loved Kaante though, it was a better remake."

PS: I didn't like either of the films, that was just a comparison.

ada naan compare pannalappa :(

Yuvi said something like Avvai Shanmugi and Ghajini are better adapted'nu. But, what I say is there are some other movies which are better adapted than Ghajini.

Mahen
18th May 2010, 07:02 PM
Bayangara stills

http://sify.com/movies/Suriya--A-director-s-dream-imagegallery-tollywood-kfspVLaghhd.html

Nerd
18th May 2010, 07:35 PM

Raththa Charithra
Avan Ivan
7am arivu
Avan Ivan-um Surya-vaa? Vishal back-out aa? Shooting nadakkudhaa? No news..

tamizharasan
18th May 2010, 07:37 PM

Raththa Charithra
Avan Ivan
7am arivu

For avan ivan surya is doing kest role.

VinodKumar's
18th May 2010, 07:52 PM

Raththa Charithra
Avan Ivan
7am arivu

Bala padathula hero vae kest role la thaana nadipaaru :yessir:

Stiglitz
18th May 2010, 07:55 PM

Raththa Charithra
Avan Ivan
7am arivu

Bala padathula hero vae kest role la thaana nadipaaru :yessir:

True! 8-) Bala movies always have 2 Heros. 1. Story 2. Music. :musicsmile:

Mathathu ellam guest roles than. :P

Appu s
18th May 2010, 10:07 PM
We can't compare Memento and Ghajini. Personally I like Memento better than Ghajini. But still Mementova appadiye tamil'la eduthu irundha padam .........,

Thala keezha ninnalum ARM-aala appdiye eduthirukka mudiyathu ;)

Mahen
19th May 2010, 09:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziVcKgBHG-s&feature=related

mareen
20th May 2010, 11:14 PM
great.

NOV
21st May 2010, 08:41 AM
[tscii:220ed008c0]Looks like Bollywood is really taking notice of Suriya?

Only Tamil superstar Suriya comes close to matching Roshan’s complete package of looks, histrionic skills and fitness.
However, Suriya is probably never going to ruin his squeaky clean family man image by appearing in advertisements such as Milano.

http://www.livemint.com/2010/05/20215443/Heat-seeker-Hrithik.html?h=B
[/tscii:220ed008c0]

NOV
21st May 2010, 08:45 AM
[tscii:01eaef8cf7]
When Vaaranam Aayiram won a National Award for best Tamil film, I sent him a text saying this was reason enough to continue doing the other kind of cinema. K. S. Ravikumar's unabashedly commercial Aadhavan post Ayan, had many of his fans wondering if Suriya had crossed over to the dark side of formula films.

“Sure I had my lesson too,” Suriya then messaged back. “Do have a lot more responsibility now. Will be more selective.” As Singam is all set to release in the end of May, we talk about what drives his decisions.

“Hari has already assured his fans decent films. Aaru and Vel were both successes. When I was in San Francisco shooting for Vaaranam Aayiram, I thought only people in the villages watch those films. So I was surprised when I met people there who said they had seen Vel and Aaru. I found it weird because I thought they would like only films such as Kaakha Kaakha.”

Singam is not a village-based film, he clarifies. So how is the cop in Singam different from the one in Kaakha Kaakha?

“Duraisingam is not just about the cop, it's about where he started from, what his culture is, why he came to the city and his attachment to his roots. We were shooting in Theri near Thoothukudi when we came across a temple festival and there were many Landcruisers, BMWs and even a Bentley parked outside. People from the city had come there to pray. They stayed for two weeks, connected with their relatives, brought food for the villagers… I found it very touching. We moved to the city and hardly go back to the village. Hari made me want to go back to my village and meet my grandmother.”

Suriya also comes to the director's defence saying: “Hari never moves too far away from logic. The song picturisations with Anushka are very good and should draw city audiences too.”

“This film will surpass the collections from all my previous films,” he declares.

Striving for balance

“We can't be too urban. A lot of people are from the middle-income group… these people need a different kind of entertainment… I am not saying any film with six songs and fights will work. Whether it is for the rural or the urban market, there must be a strong storyline, a powerful character and situation not seen before.”

“I want to maintain this balance. I shot for 30 days with RGV for Rakthacharitra (Ratthacharithram in Tamil) and now I'm moving on to Murugadoss for Ezhaam Arivu.”

Suriya shot in three different languages for Rakthacharitra. “I first did it in Tamil so that I could get the emotion and lines right and then, I would do it in Hindi and then in Telugu. We shot each scene thrice. I am able to manage Hindi.”

Ram Gopal Varma was all praise for Suriya's commitment to getting in shape for an action sequence. “He wanted me to take my shirt off. So I asked him for a little time and worked on getting more definition, a lean mean look. Not exactly a six pack. It's a hi-intensity action film, a complete men's film as RGV calls it.”

On the home front, Suriya and Jyotika are expecting another baby in June. “Before delivery, I will be in Chennai. Look forward to spending more time with Jo and the babies.”

He's a proud brother too. “I am super happy about Karthi, I like him and his movies too. He'll be playing roles much younger than mine, so no competition,” he laughs.

The man has been real busy. :lol2:

http://beta.thehindu.com/arts/cinema/article434260.ece
[/tscii:01eaef8cf7]

Thirumaran
21st May 2010, 08:52 AM
Surya :evil:

Rendu kuzhanthaikkum between la 3 years aachchum idaiveli irukkanum :huh:

Scale
21st May 2010, 09:05 AM
:lol2: I personally feel early the better (max 2-3). Wishes Mr & Mrs. Surya!

NOV,

romba kashta padureengha pola irukku. Surya (or Vikram for that matter) hindi entry won't do any good to them. paarpom... Filmographyla 1 lang extra serthukkalam. Moreover Surya doesnt know hindi at all.

RGVlam innum nambureenghala?

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
27th May 2010, 12:26 AM
[tscii:48c1c71b42]Suriya'S Changing Waves Of Success

Wednesday May 26, 2010

Source: toptencinema

If the word Success can be deliberately defined with different shades, it cannot be illustrated in best terms other than Suriya. The rising star has been spelling continuous successes for the past 8 years with blockbusters and endeavoring achievements of performing unique roles.

It's remarkable that Padmashree Kamal Haasan alone had such potentials to gear up with variations from film-to-film. Just glimpse through his career graph and you'll see whole lot of distinctions in genres.When his Mahanadhi, Aalavandhan, Hey Ram were based on serious them, the alternative flicks Pammal K Sammadham, Avai Shanmughi, Thenali and similar other films proved its success on different notes.

In all likelihood, Suriya is striding on his own paths of classical and commercial values.When his acclaimed blockbuster Nanda was a serious drama, his very next film Unnai Ninaithu was adjudged as the best breezy romantic entertainer of all seasons. Acknowledging the mantra of success, Surya has been following the similar trait till the date.

Who would have expected Suriya to perform a typical slum-class guy in Aaru right after the grand success of Ghajini, in which he played one of the topmost tycoons of India? Followed by the success of Vel, Vaaranam Aayiram and Ayan, his Aadhavan was entitled as one of the biggest grosser at box office.

Doubtlessly, his upcoming series of films ¨ Singam :cheer: , 'Raktha Charithram :thumbsup: and 7 AUM ARIVU :2thumbsup: can be perceived as sure-footed winner, which are obviously expected to be the grandest milestones in his career.

Well...The best part of his career is going on rite now.... Who can forget his multi appearances in ayan intro song where he comes as ghajini,varanam 1000,lady getup :lol: ,vel... .. Whistles went rocking the whole theatre when this portion was screened..... I wish him success in the years to follow....
[/tscii:48c1c71b42]

vithagan
27th May 2010, 08:30 AM
[tscii:589fdfc579]

நடிகர் திலகம் சிவாஜி கணேசன்,கமல்ஹாசன் வரிசையில் இன்றைக்கு எந்த நடிகரைச் சொல்வீர்கள் என்று ஒரு தனியார் நிறுவனம் எடுத்த சர்வேயில் முதலிடம் பெற்றவர் யார் தெரியுமா?

சூர்யா!

‘‘சினிமாவில் எவ்வளவோ பெரிய ஜாம்பவான்கள் இருக்கும் போது, என்னுடைய இருபத்தைந்தாவது படத்திலேயே எனக்கு கிடைத்திருக்கும் இந்த பெயர், புகழ் அங்கீகாரம் இவை எதையுமே நான் நினைத்துக்கூட பார்த்தது இல்லை. எப்படி நினைத்துப் பார்த்திருக்க முடியும்?’’ என்று ரிலாக்ஸ் மூடில் நம்மோடு பர்சனலாக பேச ஆரம்பிக்கிறார்.

ஆக்ஷன், நடிப்பு, வெற்றி பெறும் கதையைத் தேர்ந்தெடுக்கும் திறன் என்று ஆல் இன் ஆல் அழகு ராஜாவாகத் திகழ்கிறார் சூர்யா.

25 படங்களை முடித்துவிட்டு இன்று சிங்கமாக கர்ஜிக்கும் சூர்யா, தான் ஒரு நடிகனாக ஆவேன் என்று நினைத்துக்கூடப் பார்த்ததில்லை என்பதுதான் ஆச்சரியமான உண்மை..

ஆமாம். பி. காம் படித்துவிட்டு, அப்பாவுக்கு அடங்கிய நல்ல பிள்ளையாய் ஒரு கார்மெண்ட் கம்பெனியில் வேலை பார்த்துக் கொண்டிருந்த சமத்துப் பையன் சூர்யா சினிமாவுக்கு வந்ததும், ஜோதிகாவைக் கல்யாணம் செய்து கொண்டதும் ஒரு ஆக்ஷன் படம் போல் பரபரப்பானது.

விஜய்யுடன் அறிமுகம்

டைரக்டர் வஸந்த், ‘நேருக்கு நேர்’ படத்தில் விஜய்யுடன் சேர்ந்து நடிக்க இன்னொரு ஹீரோவைத் தேடியபோது கண்ணில் பட்டவர் சூர்யா.

‘‘நானா? நடிப்பதா? ஆளை விடுங்கள் சாமி’’என்று ஓட்டம் பிடித்தார் சூர்யா.
சிவகுமாரையும் ரொம்ப கன்வின்ஸ் பண்ணித்தான் சூர்யாவை நடிக்க சம்மதிக்க வைத்தார் வஸந்த்.

நடனம் தெரியாது,ஆக்ஷன் அவ்வளவாய் வராது போன்ற குறைகளுடன்தான் அறிமுகமானார் சூர்யா. ஆனால் இன்று?

தாரகமந்திரம்

பயிற்சி. பயிற்சி. பயிற்சி. இதுதான் சூர்யாவின் தாரக மந்திரம். எந்த கெட்ட பழக்கமும் கிடையாது; பெண்களை ஏறெடுத்துக் கூடப் பார்க்க மாட்டார் போன்ற தந்தையிடம் இருந்த குணங்கள் சூர்யாவிடமும் தொற்றிக் கொள்ள... சமத்துப் பிள்ளையாய் நடிக்க ஆரம்பித்தார் சூர்யா.

அந்த அப்பாவிக்குள் காதல் மலர்ந்தது எப்படி?

அறிமுகப்படுத்திய வஸந்த்தான் அதற்கும் காரணம். ஆமாம். அடுத்த படமான ‘பூவெல்லாம் கேட்டுப்பார்’-ல் சூர்யா, ஜோதிகா சேர்ந்து நடித்தார்கள்.

நட்பும் காதலும்

அப்போது ஆரம் பித்தது சாதாரணமான நட்புதான்.

இவர் படத்தை அவர் பாராட்டுவார். அவர் படத்தை இவர் பாராட்டுவார். அப்படித்தான் போய்க் கொண்டிருந்தது பழக்கம்.

பின்னர் ‘பேரழகன்’, ‘காக்க காக்க’ காலத்தில் நட்பு காதலாக மாறியது.

அதிலும் தன் தங்கைக்குத் திருமணம் ஆனபிறகுதான் தனக்குக் கல்யாணம் என்பதில் தீர்க்கமாக இருந்தார் சூர்யா. அதுபோல் இரு வீட்டார் சம்மதத்துடன்தான் தன் தி ருமணம் நடக்க வேண்டும் என்பதிலும் பிடிவாதமாக இருந்தார். ஜோதிகா ஒரு வட இந்தியப் பெண் என்பதால் குடும்பத்தில் சம்மதிக்க மாட்டார்கள் என்றெல்லாம் வதந் திகள் கிளம்பின.

தமிழ்ப் பெண்

ஆனால் நினைத்ததை செயல்படுத்தியும் காட்டினார் சூர்யா. திருமணத்திற்குப் பிறகு திரையுலகிற்கு டாட்டா சொல்லிவிட்டு, முழு குடும்பத் தலைவியாக, ஒரு தமிழ்ப் பெ ண்ணாகவே மாறிவிட்டார் ஜோதிகா. இதோ இன்று தியா என்று அழகான குழந்தை. அது மட்டுமல்ல இன்னொரு குழந்தையும் அடுத்த மாதம் ஹலோ சொல்லப் போகிறது.

திருமணத்திற்குப் பிறகு சூர்யாவுக்குத் திரையுலகத்திலும் நல்ல காலம்தான். வாரணம் ஆயிரம், அயன், ஆதவன் என்று எல்லாம் வெற்றிப் படங்கள். இதோ 25வது படமான சிங்கமும் கர்ஜிக்கப் போகிறது. .

இந்த நேரத்தில் சூர்யாவைச் சந்தித்த போது மனம் திறந்து பேசியது இதோ...

அம்மாதான் மையப்புள்ளி

‘‘என் அம்மா எங்களுக்காக மனமுருகிச் செய்யும் வேண்டுதல்களும், தன்னை வருத்திக் கொண்டு இருக்கும் விரதங்களும், பூஜைகளும், அவர்களின் அந்தத் தாய்மையும்தான் எங்களை இந்தளவிற்கு இயங்க வைக்கின்றன. அம்மாவே திருஷ்டி சுற்றிப் போடுவார்கள். சாப்பாடு பரிமாறுவார்கள். பல நேரங்களில் என்னுடைய து ணிகளை அம்மாதான் துவைத்துப் போடுவார்கள். எங்கள் விஷயத்தில் அவர்களே பார்த்துப் பார்த்து செய்ய வேண்டுமென ஆசைப்படுவார்.

அம்மாவின் மனதும்,அவர்களின் நினைப்பும்தான் எங்களது முன்னேற்றம். எங்கள் குடும்பத்தில் எல்லோரையும் ஒன்றாக இணைத்து வைத்திருக்கும் மையப்புள்ளி என் அம்மா. அப்பாவைப் பற்றி உங்களுக்கே நன்றாகத் தெரியும்.

அடுத்தது என் மனைவி ஜோதிகா.என் மனதைப் பிரதிபலிக்கும் கண்ணாடி மாதிரி.எவ்வளவோ பிரபலமாக இருந்தாலும் குடும்பம்தான் முக்கியமென நினைக்கிற அழகான தாய்.

தியாவும் குட்டிப்பாப்பாவும்

தியா எங்களுடைய பொக்கிஷம்.அவளுக்காகவே பல உயரங்களைத் தொட முயற்சிக்கிறேன்.ஒரு தந்தையாக நான் அவளுக்குக் கொடுக்க நினைப்பது என்னுடைய முயற்சிகளும், அதற்கு கிடைக்கும் வெற்றிகளும் தான். தியா தனியொரு தேவதையாக வாழ்வதை நானும், ஜோவும் விரும்பவில்லை.

இதோ வருகிற ஜூன் இரண்டாம் தேதியை எதிர்பார்த்துக் காத்திருக்கிறோம்.

இரண்டாவதாக ஒரு குட்டிப் பாப்பா எங்கள் குடும்பத்தில் இணையப் போகிறார். தியாவுக்கும் சந்தோஷம்.

ஹிந்தி மாஸ்டர் ஜோ

ராம் கோபால் வர்மா படங்களில் நான் நடிப்பது, ஒரு மின்னல் நேரத்தில் நடந்த விஷயம். இதனால் இரண்டு மாதங்களாக ஹிந்தியை முறையாக கற்றுக்கொண்டு வரு கிறேன். என்னால் இப்போது ஹிந்தியில் எழுதவும் வாசிக்கவும் முடிகிறது.சீக்கிரமே சரளமாகப் பேசவும் ஆரம்பித்துவிடுவேன். காரணம் என் ஜோ. தவறாக உச்சரித்தால் அதை கரெக்ஷன் பண்ணும் மாஸ்டர் ஜோதான்.

பத்திரிகையாளர் விவகாரம்

ஒருவர் நடந்து கொண்ட விதம் என்னை மட்டுமில்லாமல் பலரையும் வருத்தமடையச் செய்தது.அதனால்தான் என்னை அப்படியொரு முறையில் ரியாக்ட் பண்ண வை த்துவிட்டது. நான் ரியாக்ட் பண்ணினது எல்லா பத்திரிகையாளர்களையும் குறிப்பிட்டதாக தவறாகப் புரிந்து கொள்ளப்பட்டதில் எனக்கு வருத்தம். பத்திரிகையாளர்கள் என் அப்பா அம்மா மாதிரி. அப்புறம் எப்படி நான் மீடியாவைவிட்டு விலகியிருக்க முடியும்? சினிமாவும், மீடியாவும் ஒரே இன்டஸ்ட்ரி. இவை இரண்டும் ஒன்றுக்குள் ஒன்று.’’

சிங்கம்

சன் பிக்சர்ஸின் ‘சிங்கம்’ இதுவரை இல்லாத அளவுக்கு அதிக பிரிண்டுகளுடன் வெளிவருகிற நல்ல கமர்ஷியல் படம். அனைவரும் பார்க்கக் கூடிய படமாக இருக்கும். ‘சிங்கம்’ ஷூட்டிங்கின்போது தினமும் இன்றைக்கு எடுக்கிற காட்சி வழக்கமானதாக இருக்கக்கூடாது என பார்த்துப் பார்த்து எடுத்தோம். அதனால் சிங்கம் நல்ல என் டர்டெய்னராக கர்ஜிப்பான்’’ என்று நம் கைகளைப் பற்றிக் குலுக்கியபடி கிளம்புகிறார்..
[/tscii:589fdfc579]

Thirumaran
27th May 2010, 09:35 AM
நடிகர் திலகம் சிவாஜி கணேசன்,கமல்ஹாசன் வரிசையில் இன்றைக்கு எந்த நடிகரைச் சொல்வீர்கள் என்று ஒரு தனியார் நிறுவனம் எடுத்த சர்வேயில் முதலிடம் பெற்றவர் யார் தெரியுமா?

சூர்யா!

That goes without Saying :2thumbsup:

நடனம் தெரியாது,ஆக்ஷன் அவ்வளவாய் வராது போன்ற குறைகளுடன்தான் அறிமுகமானார் சூர்யா. ஆனால் இன்று?

தாரகமந்திரம்

பயிற்சி. பயிற்சி. பயிற்சி. இதுதான் சூர்யாவின் தாரக மந்திரம். எந்த கெட்ட பழக்கமும் கிடையாது;

:notworthy:

பெண்களை ஏறெடுத்துக் கூடப் பார்க்க மாட்டார்

Anouska va yaeraduththu paarkarathu kastam thaan. Fine.. Maththa ponnungala koodavaa :lol2: Ithellaam too much :evil:
Appadiyae irunthaalum ithellaam nalla pazhakamaa :huh:

Sight Adi, santhoasamaa iru :cheer:

VinodKumar's
27th May 2010, 09:42 AM
Next Kamalku enathu vazhthukkal :cheer:

Thirumaran
27th May 2010, 10:06 AM
Next Kamalku enathu vazhthukkal :cheer:

:ty:

Kamal always excels in class or entertainment movies or comedy genre.. Wishing the same for Surya :cheer:

c.janarth
27th May 2010, 10:28 AM
[quote="vithagan"][tscii][quote]

சூர்யா!

Kavanam Thalaiva. Ippadithan aarambathula ellarum pugalo pugal. Piragu ivanagalethan maathiyum pesuvanga or they'll forget! I remember in 2005-2006 Vikram was applauded like this.

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
29th May 2010, 12:57 PM
[tscii:696aacff30]Fathers of Kollywood

IndiaGlitz [Saturday, May 29, 2010]

What’s common among Suriya, Dhanush, Vikranth and Jagannath, apart from the fact that they are prominent faces in Kollywood? The answer is- all the four are on cloud nine, as they are going to become fathers soon.

While Suriya and Dhanush have already confirmed that there would be new arrivals in their families soon, our sources say Vikranth who married Manasa recently and Jagannath who had entered wedlock with Dakshayani a few months back, are also expecting the good news.

This is second time for Suriya and Dhanush to become dads, while Vikranth, the cousin of Vijay and director Jagannath of ‘Raman Thediya Seethai’ fame are getting ready to enjoy the fatherhood for the first time.

Doctors have reportedly told Jyothika that she would deliver birth to a baby in the second week of June. This has made family members of Suriya to start the countdown and to eagerly expect the arrival of the new entrant.

Best wishes to surya and co :cheer:[/tscii:696aacff30]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
29th May 2010, 06:32 PM
Surya silver jubilee special from behindwoods... :thumbsup:.. Its very long.... So i just give the link...

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-slide-shows/movie-4/suriya/suriya-01.html

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
3rd June 2010, 08:11 PM
[tscii:492eee2534]Actor Suriya promotes road safety

Actor Suriya is well known for his philanthropic streak and for promoting social causes. It was this dedication that led Rotary Club of Madras East ( RCME) to unanimously choose him to help them in their road safety campaign.Speaking at the launch of the campaign today, Rotarian Kandasamy Bharatan of Kavithalaya revealed, Suriya was the unanimous choice of RCME when we mooted the idea of making six short films to spread the message of traffic awareness and safety in association with the Traffic Police and the Automobile Association of Southern India ( AASI).

Suriya was busy shooting for the mega project Singam, yet we received a spontaneous response from him and he said it's a cause I appreciate and I will do it. He took an entire day off to shoot including dubbing time and did it absolutely free of cost.Since Suriya was away shooting in Mumbai, a message from him was read out.

In his message Suriya said, A very close friend of mine from college lost his life in a bike accident. The doctor said his life may have been saved had he worn a helmet. I was shattered to see his kid and family. Perhaps they wouldn't have been in this situation if such a small precaution had not been overlooked.Our lives are already hectic and most of us are racing to fulfil our professional and personal duties. The additional stress is added by long hours in heavy traffic on roads overflowing with pedestrians and vehicles all in a hurry to get to their destinations. But if we just pause for a few seconds and show consideration for our fellow road users, obey traffic rules which are for our own safety, avoid road rage, drunken driving, talking on mobiles, speeding and park our vehicles with consideration for others and wear helmets for safety, perhaps we could make Chennai a model city and a haven for road users. Let's pledge to show our consideration for fellow Chennaites.

The CD was launched by Shakeel Akter, Additional commissioner of police law and order who was the erstwhile traffic commissioner when the Rotary mooted the project last year. M Ravi the present additional commissioner Traffic was also present along with Rotarians Balaraman and WV Anand.The six short films of 30 seconds each were shown to the CM last Friday and will be aired on TV and shown in theatres, schools and colleges apart from corporate institutions.

Shakeel Akter revealed that 600 people in Chennai were killed in road accidents annually and 13000 in TN alone. He stressed on the need for enforcement, engineering and education to improve the traffic situation. M Ravi added, Enlisting the public's co operation and emergency action for relief during the golden hour are also important. 80% of victims are in the 18 to 35 age category and I hope this endeavour by Rotary and Suriya will raise awareness for the cause.

Source: sify[/tscii:492eee2534]

shajith1994
5th June 2010, 02:31 AM
I made a Surya Special Video Remix Check It Out If You Want

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0QflYEkNFA

NOV
5th June 2010, 08:07 AM
Suriya, the Tamil film star who starred as the protagonist in Khaaka Khaaka has been paid many visits from ...

John, John, John. Now, who's willing to explain to him that a man who is known to be an avid female heart burglar just won't be able to look convincing as a police officer?

Okay, bad joke, ears have been pinched. But yes, this is true that John Abraham is looking forward to play the role of a cop in an upcoming Bollywood remake of Tamil film, Khaaka Khaaka !

Suriya, the Tamil film star who starred as the protagonist in Khaaka Khaaka has been paid many visits from John Abraham, because the two stars live relatively close to each other in Mumbai. John wants to portray his role to the best of his abilities, and essentially wants to do complete justice to Suriya himself. The budding friendship between these two is one to admire. Why, you ask? Well, trends and gossip claim that it isn't exactly common for an actor who is enacting a role that has been previously assumed by another actor, to consult the veteran actor and actively earn permission and guidance!

There's more! Well, as the title of this article insinuates, John wants to wear a policeman uniform since he's playing a policeman, but the director of this film, Nishikant Kamat, had other plans. So ziddi was John about being able to wear the vardi, that the script is being amended, so that the uniform can get back into the picture, literally!

Oh, and John will most probably be sporting nice big mustache!

This role sounds like a very interesting one, and John's involvement and interest in the role, is only making us look forward to this movie, all the more. Good luck John!
And we're sure you'll pull off that uniform and stache with much zeal! http://india-forums.com/bollywood/article.asp?id=14676

raghavendran
5th June 2010, 08:18 AM
john abraham :banghead: :banghead:

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
5th June 2010, 10:44 PM
[tscii:4a7e11df99]Surya-K.V. Anand together again

It is very much evident that Surya has the tendency of joining hands again with the same filmmaker, who has given him a big hit. Gowtham Menon, Hariand A.R. Murugadoss have already and are going to recreate the magic.

Now, it's KV. Anand joining the bandwagon as the actor seems to be very much impressed with the style of his film making and adding commercial ingredients.

Soon after completing the shooting of his present film Ko, K.V. Anand has decided to join hands with Surya for yet another film.

This will be produced by none other than Telugu producer Allu Aravind, who has churned out blockbuster like Aamir Khan's Ghajini and Magadheera.

Surya is quite busy now shooting for his trilingual film 7 AUM ARIVU that will be completed by October and released for Pongal.

:cheer:

http://www.kollywoodtoday.com/news/surya-kv-anand-together-again/[/tscii:4a7e11df99]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
5th June 2010, 10:51 PM
[tscii:80fa4c9adb]A NEW ADDITION IN SURIYA-JO’S HOUSEHOLD

One of Kollywood's leading stars Surya sure is a happy man these days after his Singam hit the bull’s eye a week ago.

The film has been raking in the moolah all over Tamil Nadu. Surya has continuously given hits such as Vaaranam Aayiram, Ayan, Aadhavan and now Singam.

The actor is all set to rock Bollywood with 'Raktha Charitra' directed by Ram Gopal Verma, one of the top film makers in Bollywood.

Adding to this is the biggest hit for Suriya and Jyothika this year coming in the form of a child. Yes, the couple is gearing up to welcome their second child sometime next week. The couple has a daughter named as Diya.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/jun-10-01/suriya-jyothika-05-06-10.html[/tscii:80fa4c9adb]

BM
7th June 2010, 10:58 AM
JYOTHIKA DELIVERS A BABY

Suriya and Jyothika are on cloud nine with Jo delivering a male baby early this morning (June 7th 2010). The time of birth is given to be 4:03 am. The couple got married on September 11, 2006 and has a daughter named Diya. With the latest addition, it is time for celebration for the family, friends and fans of Suriya and Jo! Behindwoods.com congratulates the proud parents!.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/jun-10-02/suriya-jyothika-07-06-10.html

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Thirumaran
7th June 2010, 11:09 AM
[tscii:76446c5e76]Surya-K.V. Anand together again

It is very much evident that Surya has the tendency of joining hands again with the same filmmaker, who has given him a big hit. Gowtham Menon, Hariand A.R. Murugadoss have already and are going to recreate the magic.

Now, it's KV. Anand joining the bandwagon as the actor seems to be very much impressed with the style of his film making and adding commercial ingredients.

Soon after completing the shooting of his present film Ko, K.V. Anand has decided to join hands with Surya for yet another film.

This will be produced by none other than Telugu producer Allu Aravind, who has churned out blockbuster like Aamir Khan's Ghajini and Magadheera.

Surya is quite busy now shooting for his trilingual film 7 AUM ARIVU that will be completed by October and released for Pongal.

:cheer:

http://www.kollywoodtoday.com/news/surya-kv-anand-together-again/[/tscii:76446c5e76]

Another Hit in the line up :wink: :thumbsup:

Congragulations Jyo and Surya :2thumbsup:

Parthyy
7th June 2010, 11:28 AM
Congratulations to Surya,Jo and family in this beautiful occasion

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
7th June 2010, 02:35 PM
:clap: :clap: intha santhoshamaana seithi sonna bm annavukku oru :ty: :cheer:

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
7th June 2010, 03:02 PM
[tscii:bd782609ec]Suriya and Jo blessed with baby boy!

IndiaGlitz [Monday, June 07, 2010]

The lovable couple of Kollywood, Jyothika and Suriya were blessed with a baby boy in the early hours of Monday morning that is the 7th of June.

Jyothika gave birth to the baby boy in a private hospital in Chennai at 4.03 am. Suriya wasn’t beside her as he was shooting for Ram Gopal Varma’s ‘Raktha Charitra’ in Mumbai. So he flew down to Chennai as soon as he heard the good news.

As for the baby and the mother, both are hale and hearty, according to close family sources.

Now their daughter Diya would have the company of her younger brother. Suriya’s family, thanked the support and best wishes from their near and dear. Now all ears will be to know what the kid’s going to be named.

Well, Jo and Suriya, congratulations for the baby boy! May you receive eternal happiness and best wishes from all of us at IndiaGlitz.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/57594.html[/tscii:bd782609ec]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
7th June 2010, 03:16 PM
Wishes from sify

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14944351&cid=2363

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
7th June 2010, 03:21 PM
[tscii:d41ab55a9a]Suriya's little 'Singam'

The most sensational couple of Tamil film industry Suriya and Jyotika had truly*exciting news this morning.*Jyotika gave birth to a beautiful*boy early this morning in Chennai. On hearing the news, Suriya flew down from Mumbai, where he was shooting for RGV'sRaktha Charitra.The couple already has a two-year-old daughter Diya.

We wish them all the very best!

http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/livewire/id/Suriya_little_Singam_39306.html[/tscii:d41ab55a9a]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
7th June 2010, 03:25 PM
Wishes from top10cinema

http://www.top10cinema.com/news/4883/new-member-in-suriya-jos-family

Appu s
7th June 2010, 06:55 PM
[tscii:8695228119]http://www.filmfare.com/articles/suriya-sunny-side-up-1026.html

But language is a problem. He gave up Hindi in the 7th standard and is grappling with the nuances of the language. Even though Ramu told him not to bother learning Hindi, he tried. “I gave up after two months. I think it’s a mental block maybe. Somehow in Tamil Nadu we are not much for Hindi. It’s as if we think we’ll get infected or something if we let the language into our lives

[/tscii:8695228119]

Plum
7th June 2010, 07:07 PM
[tscii:0c358331c6]
It’s as if we think we’ll get infected or something if we let the language into our lives

:-)[/tscii:0c358331c6]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
7th June 2010, 07:07 PM
hindi is very easy... The best way to learn any language is to stay for few months with the natives who speak the language.... Hope somebody carries this news to him.... :D

c.janarth
7th June 2010, 09:37 PM
Congrats! Surya & Jo for for their 2nd baby. :D :cheer:

HonestRaj
7th June 2010, 11:13 PM
sukkiran uhchaththil..
luckku than machchathil...
inru winnerthan.. inru mannar than.. hOi

Surya & Jo :clap: :clap:

Thirumaran
7th June 2010, 11:30 PM
[tscii:652cc116ca]
It’s as if we think we’ll get infected or something if we let the language into our lives

:rotfl2: :thumbsup:
[/tscii:652cc116ca]

Thirumaran
7th June 2010, 11:31 PM
sukkiran uhchaththil..

I am pretty Sure, u are almost on the way to become surya fan :P

3 more movies to go for that to happen :)

HonestRaj
7th June 2010, 11:34 PM
sukkiran uhchaththil..

over actingunga.. ella edathulayum :wink: :mrgreen:

Thirumaran
7th June 2010, 11:36 PM
sukkiran uhchaththil..

over actingunga.. ella edathulayum :wink: :mrgreen:

Oh, then u are already his fan :thumbsup:

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
8th June 2010, 12:27 PM
No gender-bias: sivakumar

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/57625.html

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
8th June 2010, 12:42 PM
Surya and rgv and co at priyamani b'day bash

Images @

http://www.images.behindwoods.com/photo-galleries-q1-09/tamil-photo-gallery/priyamani-birthday/index.html

NOV
8th June 2010, 06:51 PM
old, but still gold...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHnnHN011_4&feature=related

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
9th June 2010, 05:53 PM
[tscii:1e6da304a6]South Indian stars making it big in B-town

Bollywood happens to be a dream destination for each and every personality of the regional film industry. Hindi cinema has always got the best global market which spans across International territories. Indeed, our superstars have made their way to Bollywood gaining appreciations along the way.

Now,we have Surya and Vikram all set for their Bollywood debut. As mentioned before, their launches are gonna be a big ones as they’ll be a part of films made by the prominent filmmakers Ram Gopal Varma and Mani ratnam respectively.

After, A.R. Murugadoss made himself known as a brilliant filmmaker with Aamir Khan’s Ghajini, he decided to make his next film 7 Aum Arivu, with Surya-Shruthi Haasan in three languages, Hindi, Tamil and Telugu.

In all likelihood, Puri Jagannath’s Pokiri had witnessed a grand success in Telugu, Tamil and indeed was ennobled as one of the greatest films in the career of Salman Khan (Wanted).

Soon, we will have Puri Jagannath making a trilingual film titled The Businessman with Ram Gopal Varma producing it in all the three languages too. As of now, Surya has been confirmed to don the lead role while Priyamani is likely to be the heroine

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/tamil/exclusive/2010/south-indian-stars-bollywood-090610.html[/tscii:1e6da304a6]

SuraTheLeader
9th June 2010, 06:08 PM
[tscii:dd8d82af7e]South Indian stars making it big in B-town

Bollywood happens to be a dream destination for each and every personality of the regional film industry. Hindi cinema has always got the best global market which spans across International territories. Indeed, our superstars have made their way to Bollywood gaining appreciations along the way.

Now,we have Surya and Vikram all set for their Bollywood debut. As mentioned before, their launches are gonna be a big ones as they’ll be a part of films made by the prominent filmmakers Ram Gopal Varma and Mani ratnam respectively.

After, A.R. Murugadoss made himself known as a brilliant filmmaker with Aamir Khan’s Ghajini, he decided to make his next film 7 Aum Arivu, with Surya-Shruthi Haasan in three languages, Hindi, Tamil and Telugu.

In all likelihood, Puri Jagannath’s Pokiri had witnessed a grand success in Telugu, Tamil and indeed was ennobled as one of the greatest films in the career of Salman Khan (Wanted).

Soon, we will have Puri Jagannath making a trilingual film titled The Businessman with Ram Gopal Varma producing it in all the three languages too. As of now, Surya has been confirmed to don the lead role while Priyamani is likely to be the heroine

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/tamil/exclusive/2010/south-indian-stars-bollywood-090610.html[/tscii:dd8d82af7e]

SURYA :thumbsup:
:D MAKE HAY WHILE THE SUN SHINES :D
If you have an opportunity to do something, do it before the opportunity expires.

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
9th June 2010, 06:11 PM
@ the leader

That's wat he is doing... A leading example for that proverb.... :D

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
12th June 2010, 06:49 PM
SURIYA DOES A LA SIMRAN

Suriya, who plays a cameo in Bala's upcoming Avan Ivan, will appear as himself. He is said to perform a dance number on stage for the movie. :happydance: Chingcha chingcha :happydance:

Looking back, Simran did the same thing, an item number of sorts, in the Bala directed Pithamagan. She was seen shaking a leg for a medley of old hits with Suriya in Pithamagan.

Avan Ivan is a light hearted comedy being directed by Bala, and has Vishal, Arya, Janani Iyer and Niveditha in lead roles. Produced by Kalpathi Agoram and scored by Yuvan, the movie is expected to hit the screens during late 2010.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/jun-10-02/suriya-simran-avan-ivan-12-06-10.html

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
14th June 2010, 10:05 PM
[tscii:e2a5cc649c]For Suriya family comes first

Jun 14, 2010

'Bollywood’s star-father and husbands should take a leaf out of Tamil superstar Suriya’s book of priorities. Suriya’s biggest concern just now is not his pending assignments but making his 3-year-old daughter comfortable with her newly-born baby brother.

“I was the eldest child, so I know how it feels to have attention shared with a sibling. It’s very important to let our daughter Diya feel the new baby is no threat to her place in the family,” Suriya said.

The 34-year old star, who air-dashed from Mumbai to his home in Chennai in time for his son’s birth last week, has half a day’s shooting to complete for his first Hindi film Rakta Charitra. Right now, he couldn’t care less. He hasn’t even decided whether he will dub his own lines in Hindi “ We’ll give it a try after I get back to Mumbai. I have a thick Tamil accent and I wouldn’t like to sound that way on screen,” he said.

But Suriya is clear about focusing on his Tamil film career. His new Tamil release Singam - which coincided with his son’s birth - is a hit.The son is yet to be named. “We had to consult numerologists. They’ve come up with three letters of the alphabet. We’ll have a naming ceremony soon.

My wife Jo (actress Jyothika) sent out a box of chocolates with a letter to all our colleagues,” said Suriya.Jyothika won’t be back to acting for at least 2-3 years. “She’s playing the role of her lifetime at home.”

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/regional/news-interviews/For-Suriya-family-comes-first/articleshow/6045575.cms[/tscii:e2a5cc649c]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
15th June 2010, 04:56 PM
[tscii:d66b732ca0]Suriya to endorse Saravana Stores - SIFY CHAT EXCLUSIVE

When Suriya decides to speak to sify, you know it's going to be something out of the ordinary. The last time he spoke and interacted with online fans was after the release of his mega blockbuster Ayan.

And now after another hit Singam and a new addition to his family, Tamil cinema's superstar has a different story to tell.

The actor breaks the news that he has signed up to be the brand ambassador of Saravana Stores the biggest textile retail outlet in Tamil Nadu. Suriya says that he wants to add something unique to everything he does, and hence this decision. Excerpts of an exclusive interview.

You have signed up as the brand ambassador of Saravana Stotes in madras?

Yes. And I am so excited about it.

After endorsing for major National brands, why did you decide to go for Saravana Stores?

Saravana Stores has always been a mystery to me. I take the road in front of Saravana stores every morning and evening to the studios in Kodambakkam and never have been a day when I don't see hundreds of people inside and outside the shop, and on roads and bus stands waiting with the huge shopping bags with logo of the shop. I don't think that they can be so successful and satisfy so many people, compromising on quality. There is something about that shop which has the common man hooked.

So you did you do a research on them?

Of course , I did. I heard that big multi nationals from Mumbai and huge retail outlets like Big Bazaar had come down to study about Saravana Stores and their success formula and to follow it there. Isn't that something to be admired? As the people behind this success are simple, unassuming business people from a small town near Thuttukudi who made it big through sheer hard work and acumen.

How did you relate to their brand?

I think, just like me, they came from no-where and made it big and I wanted to be a part of their success. So I am endorsing for the new huge branch at Purusawalkam which is really massive with electronic car park and other state-of-the-art amenities.

Is it a smart strategy of your's to reach out to the masses and middle class?(Smiles)

It can be the other way around too, that the store wants to capture the attention of the elite and the high income group.

The buzz is that you are being paid a bomb for being the brand ambassador. Please comment?

Nothing like that. They paid me my market rate and we both want to make the association beneficial.

Who is shooting the ad?

Sundar has done the photoshoot and Babu Ratnavelu and Babu Shankar have done the advertisement.

So you are a happy man after the success of Singam?

I am very happy and all the credit for Singam success has to go to Hari sir who was always convinced about the script and its success.Raktha charitra is nearing completion and I am starting work on Murugadoss film next week.

How is your little son?

He is very cute and we haven't named him yet. He is a bundle of joy and he is keeping my family on their toes.

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14945462[/tscii:d66b732ca0]

cepark
15th June 2010, 10:30 PM
சரவணா ஸ்டோர்ஸ் பிராண்ட் அம்பாஸடர் சூர்யா!

தொழிலாளர்கள் பிரச்சினை, சிறார் வதை புகார், வாடிக்கையரைத் தாக்குதல் என பெரும் சர்ச்சைகளுக்குள் அவ்வப்போது சிக்கிக் கொள்ளும் பெரும் வணிக நிறுவனமான சரவணா ஸ்டேர்ஸின் பிராண்ட் அம்பாஸடராக நடிகர் சூர்யா ஒப்பந்தமாகியுள்ளார்.

சரவணா ஸ்டோர்ஸ் நிறுவனம் புரசைவாக்கத்தில் பெரிய கிளை ஒன்றைத் திறந்துள்ளது. இந்த கடைக்குதான் பெரும் தொகைக்கு விளம்பர தூதராக ஒப்பந்தமாகியுள்ளார் சூர்யா.

அவருக்கு சம்பளமாக ரூ 3.5 கோடி வரை தரப்பட்டதாக நம்பகமான ஸோர்ஸ் தெரிவிக்கிறது (வாய்ப்பு வாங்கிக் கொடுத்தவருக்கு கமிஷனே 45 லட்சமாம்!).

இந்த வாய்ப்பு குறித்து சூர்யா கூறியிருப்பதாவது:

சரவணா ஸ்டோர்ஸ் நிறுவனத்தினர் அடிமட்டத்திலிருந்து பெரிய நிலைக்கு வந்தவர்கள், என்னைப் போலவே (?!). அவர்களது நிறுவனத்துக்கு நான் விளம்பரத் தூதராக இருப்பது பெருமைக்குரியது.

பிக் பஜார் போன்ற பெரிய பெரிய வட இந்திய நிறுவனங்களே, சரவணா ஸ்டோர்ஸின் வெற்றியைப் பார்த்து, அது பற்றி ஆராய்ந்து வருகிறார்கள்.

இந்த நிறுவனம் உயர் நடுத்தர வர்க்கத்தினரையும், உயர்தட்டு வர்க்கத்தினரையும் கவர்ந்திழுக்கும் நோக்கில் இந்த புதிய ஒப்பந்தத்தைச் செய்துள்ளனர். அதை நிச்சயம் நிறைவேற்றுவேன்.

எனக்கு அவர்கள் கொடுத்தது பெரிய சம்பளமல்ல. இன்றைக்கு என் மார்க்கெட் ரேட் என்னவோ அதைத்தான் கொடுத்துள்ளனர். இதற்கான விளம்பரப் படப்பிடிப்பு ஏற்கெனவே முடிந்துவிட்டது", என்றார்.

உபரித் தகவல் - சூர்யாவின் இயற் பெயர் சரவணன்!

http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/heroes/2010/06/saravana-stores-actor-surya-brand-ambassador.html

HonestRaj
16th June 2010, 06:48 AM
உபரித் தகவல் - சூர்யாவின் இயற் பெயர் சரவணன்!

"Sivakumar" has named his sons as "Saravanan - Karthi" ...... rendume Murugan peyarganl.... idhula onnu Vinayagar peyar irundha perfect'ah irundhurukkum..

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
16th June 2010, 05:53 PM
[tscii:a6e482b605]SURIYA TO TRUMP SNEHA

One of the very few actors in Tamil cinema to have a line up of endorsements is Suriya who seems to have added another product to his ever growing kitty.

He is roped in by Saravana Stores and will soon be seen in a TV commercial. Print ads are also planned for the same.

Sneha has been a constant with Saravana Stores for a couple of years now. Looks like Suriya’s popularity among female fans has fetched him the contract with the retailer.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/jun-10-03/suriya-sneha-16-06-10.html[/tscii:a6e482b605]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
18th June 2010, 11:21 AM
SURIYA SLIDESHOW IMAGES FROM SIFY

http://sify.com/movies/Suriya-Kollywood-s-hottest-hero-imagegallery-kollywood-kgrsjVbagad.html

[html:cf0877ad14]
http://i48.tinypic.com/eve721.jpg
[/html:cf0877ad14]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
18th June 2010, 08:04 PM
[tscii:34cd75b17e]What is Suriya in Avan Ivan ?

IndiaGlitz [Friday, June 18, 2010]

You already knew Suriya is doing a guest role in the Vishal-Arya starrer 'Avan Ivan' only for his mentor Bala.

But his fans were restless to know what will Suriya be doing in the double hero film directed by Bala. IndiaGlitz managed to find out.

In 'Avan Ivan' Suriya plays himself as an actor and dances for a song. Yes. Much like what Simran did in Bala's 'Pithamagan'.

In ‘Pithamagan’ Simran played an actress who comes to the village which is a big fan of her. She there dances for a song to make them happy.

But in ‘Avan Ivan’ Suriya will be dancing to an original song and not a re-mix as Simran did in ‘Pithamagan’.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/57926.html[/tscii:34cd75b17e]

Plum
19th June 2010, 03:58 PM
Baradwaj Rangan takes a "shot" at Surya and family (http://baradwajrangan.wordpress.com/2010/06/19/bitty-ruminations-20/) that is bound to please a lot of Surya haters here.

To be fair, Sivakumar didnt leave much choice to people when he said:

Even until my children were 18 or 20 years of age, all of us used to sleep in one room, despite the fact that each of us had individual rooms. This was very helpful in the sense that their minds, through that delicate phase called adolescence, never went astray

Bala (Karthik)
19th June 2010, 07:27 PM
:rotfl2:

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
19th June 2010, 11:17 PM
SURIYA INAUGURATES ''ALLORE UNISEX SALON''

exclusive images @ www.images.behindwoods.com/photo-galleries-q1-09/tamil-photo-gallery/suriya-allure/index.html

jinju
20th June 2010, 02:31 PM
Baradwaj Rangan takes a "shot" at Surya and family (http://baradwajrangan.wordpress.com/2010/06/19/bitty-ruminations-20/) that is bound to please a lot of Surya haters here.

To be fair, Sivakumar didnt leave much choice to people when he said:

Even until my children were 18 or 20 years of age, all of us used to sleep in one room, despite the fact that each of us had individual rooms. This was very helpful in the sense that their minds, through that delicate phase called adolescence, never went astray

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
21st June 2010, 01:08 PM
[tscii:2755618989]Suriya to expand his help

Suriya, who is reaching out to the needy students in Tamil Nadu through his social service organisation ‘Agaram Foundation’, said on Sunday that he was ready to expand his service to the deserving students in Karnataka.

The actor was speaking at the valedictory ceremony of a sporting event in Bangalore, where around 100 players from 12 States all over India took part. “Helping a student to get education is the biggest of all helps,” he said.

“Through Agaram Foundation, we are doing all possible help to the students in Tamil Nadu. I am ready to extend the services of the organisation to Karnataka too if sponsors come forward to support us,” Suriya said.

Meanwhile, shooting of the actor’s forthcoming film ‘7am Arivu’ started today. Produced by Udhayanidhi Stalin on Red Giant Movies banner, the film with Sruthi Hassan as heroine is directed by A R Murugadoss.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/57959.html[/tscii:2755618989]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
21st June 2010, 06:21 PM
from visitor's column of behindwoods. Its abt a guy's view on tamil cinema, his praises for surya. Have a go at it. The guy seems to be from north of our country. Still he shares his opinions on tamil cinema's growth. :cool:

www.behindwoods.com/features/visitors-1/suriya-rajini-ajith-vikram-21-06-10.html

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
23rd June 2010, 01:15 AM
[tscii:d3d20533b1]Getting into B-town is a challenge: Suriya

TIMES OF INDIA

Dated: Jun 23, 2010

It’s his first press con in namma Bengaluru, and Suriya, who flew down to the city on Sunday to promote a leading cellular network, was surprised when people recognised him at the airport.

It’s good to know that you have a fan base even outside your home turf,” he tells us. The actor, who became a father for the second time recently, is spending a lot of time with family. “My son has completely gone on his mum (Jyothika). We have 4-5 names, but we’re yet to pick one,” says Suriya.

Workwise, he’s currently busy with Rakta Charitra (RC), a real-life story based on Paritala Ravi, a gangster in Andhra Pradesh in the early ’80s. “I play Maddelacheruvu Suri, an intense character, and a rival of Vivek Oberoi, who essays the role of Paritala Ravi. Suri is the only one in the story who’s still alive. I haven’t met him yet, but I’ve tried to model my body language based on the narrative given by director Ram Gopal Varma,” explains Suriya.

Rakta Charitra, a bilingual, will also mark his debut in Bollywood. “Well, you can’t technically call it that because I didn’t take up RC with an intention to enter Bollywood. It’s just that when Ramu sir told me about the script, I was very impressed. The movie is so intense and has no heroine, songs or dances. So, Ramu sir calls it a men’s film. And for both Ramu sir and me, the film has come at an important stage in our careers — RGV has the experience to direct such an intense film after so many milestones and I can afford to experiment with such a character,” says Suriya.

As for entering Bollywood with this bilingual, he chooses to call it the next step in his journey. “It’s about widening my reach and taking up the challenge to appeal to a pan-Indian audience. It’s a completely different set-up and ambience. But I won’t leave Tamil cinema. Even when I accept a Hindi film, I’ll ensure it’s watchable for my fans in the south as well,” states Suriya.

And he’s appreciative of projects that provide a platform for both B-town and southern actors to share the same frame. “Such films bridge the gap between north and south Indian films. Actors whom you’d see only in Hindi films are that much closer to you. It’s better than watching dubbed versions,” he says.

Suriya had earlier told us that his daughter Diya’s Hindi is better than his. How’s it now? “It’s improved. I understand Hindi better now, and can even read and write it. I have a tutor from Madurai to coach me. I’m not sure of dubbing for RC because I don’t want the audiences’ attention to be diverted by my accent. It all depends on what Ramu sir wants,” says Suriya.[/tscii:d3d20533b1]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
26th June 2010, 08:27 PM
[tscii:6daecd0632]IF IT'S SURIYA, I WOULD JUMP

June 26,2010

Singer Suvi has several plans for future as far as her career is concerned. The lady intends to begin a music band and is also getting many offers to croon for movies.

When asked if she would be interested to don the greasepaint, the lady asks, why not? The pretty lasso, however, has a few conditions.

For one, she needs to get an offer to star opposite top heroes. She adds that if she is offered an opportunity to pair up with Suriya, she would jump at the opportunity immediately.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/jun-10-04/suriya-suvi-26-06-10.html

Yabba.. vutta adutha tamanna naan thaan nu solliruvaanga pola.. Hmm .. Oru rendu naalaikku munnadi neetu chandra endra maanida piravi surya kooda fight pannanumnu oru bayankaramaana aasaiya valathu vatchirukkaanga... Ippo ennada naa savi yaan..sorry suvi yaan... Ithu engey poi mudiyo pogutho :think:[/tscii:6daecd0632]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
28th June 2010, 02:54 PM
[tscii:5c9a5be214]SAMEERA’S BEST ROLE IS WITH SURIYA!

Ask Sameera Reddy what her best role till date is and the actress replies that it is in Vaaranam Aayiram, where she is paired opposite Suriya.

Though, Sameera dies midway through the film, her performance in it was so strong.

Sameera says that the role in VA is something she could connect to and it was so real. :thumbsup:

In Hindi she likes her role in Yeh Hausla.Sameera is currently busy with a Gautham Menon project and the Hindi flick Red Alert: The War Within, in which she plays a naxalite.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/jun-10-04/sameera-reddy-28-06-10.html[/tscii:5c9a5be214]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
30th June 2010, 03:59 AM
[tscii:b8d7efdd84]VIJAY, SURIYA TO JOIN THE CM

June 29, 2010

Pasanga Pandiraj’s next project Vamsam is well underway and shows signs of a late 2010 release. According to the industry buzz, the audio release event of Vamsam will be held in Sathyam, Chennai on July 2, 2010.

The event will be chaired by the Chief Minister, who will also release the movie’s audio. Joining him on the dais will be Suriya and Vijay who will receive the first CD from the CM. Vamsam has Arulnidhi from the CM’s family playing the lead and Sunaina is paired opposite him. The movie is scored by Taj Noor.

www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/jun-10-04/vijay-suriya-pandiraj-vamsam-29-06-10.html[/tscii:b8d7efdd84]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
4th July 2010, 10:22 AM
[tscii:24af5e5acd]Surya Son Name Dhina?

July 1, 2010

Surya Son is to be named as Dhina as per sources. Surya became the proud father of a baby boyon* June 7 when his wife Jyothika gave birth to a boy child.

Surya and Jyothika got married on September 11, 2006 and were blessed with a beautiful baby girl Diya.

Both his career and family life are going great guns now. He has been striking gold with continuous successes in all his films and is awaiting for more triumphs for his upcoming projects – “Raktha Charithra’, “7 AUM ARIVU’ and “Businessman’.

We from Surya fans club convey our heartiest wishes to Surya and Jyothika and wish them all happiness throughout their lives.

http://www.suryafansclub.com/news/surya-son-name-dhina/[/tscii:24af5e5acd]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
4th July 2010, 08:50 PM
[tscii:0d11b410ad]SIVAKUMAR AND FAMILY LIGHT UP LIVES!

July 04, 2010

The 31st anniversary function of the Sivakumar Educational Trust was held today at the Film Chamber office in Anna Salai in Chennai. The trust that was started 30 years ago by the veteran actor with a very small capital has now grown into a big organization supporting numerous students from various sections of the society in their education. The trust is now jointly run by Sivakumar and sons Suriya and Karthi.

Today’s function was held in order to distribute financial aid to 55 students drawn from different parts of the state. They consisted of students from remote areas who were unable to continue their education for lack of funds, differently-abled students, Tamil refugees from Sri Lanka and top rankers who required financial aid for further studies.

Speaking at the function, Sivakumar recalled his childhood struggles. He said that his sister had to drop out of primary school because of hardships in the family. He too would have struggled to go to college had his uncle not provided timely assistance. He asked all the beneficiaries of the trust to make use of the aid to the fullest and achieve big things in life. He said that the most important things in life were honesty and discipline. He advised all youngsters to stay away from all kinds of addictions and said that this was the only way to have a long and successful life. He also added that the teenage years were the most crucial period of one’s life and it was important to guard oneself against distractions during this time.

Suriya said that this function was not organized for the sake of publicity. Many people give up their struggle for education without being aware of the many avenues of help that were available. This function was organized only to let more and more people know about such an opportunity so that they could avail it. He also said that there were many others in society who were doing great services. There needs to be more awareness about such services so that no needy person is left empty handed.

The most touching part of the function was when some students came forward to speak about their lives. The words of some of the refugee students touched everyone’s hearts. A student said that he did not even know whether his father was still alive and that he had no place else to go or no one to approach; this aid is nothing less than a boon to him. Another student said that even in spite of scoring very high marks, those from refugee camps were being turned down by colleges for unknown reasons. But, this financial assistance may help them overcome that.

Another beneficiary of the trust said that she was inspired by this assistance and wanted to make it big in life so that she can provide similar help to those who are struggling for a good education.

Equally inspiring was the story of one of the state’s top rankers from the refugee camp at Otthankottai in Dharmapuri district. This student was unable to secure admission in spite of his marks due to extreme financial crisis and refugee status. After applying through the Agaram foundation run by Suriya he is now an MBBS student in SRM Medical College. Four other students with high marks were given admission to the SRM Engineering College. All their educational expenses will be borne by the institution itself.

The function also saw the launch of the English version of Sivakumar’s book ‘Idhu Rajapattai Alla’. The book has been translated into English by popular journalist Malathy Rangarajan who was also present at the function. Speaking about the book, Suriya said that it reflected all the struggles that his father had faced in life.

Everyone present was left emotional and inspired at the end of the function. It was a day when the plight of many deserving students was brought to light, but it was also evident that all that is required is a helping hand, not too much, for them to rise above circumstances and achieve great things. The helping hand could come from anywhere; today it was the Sivakumar Educational Trust that lent it to 55 students. We wish the bearers of the trust the very best and pray that their endeavors and services reach out to even more people in the future.

www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/jul-10-01/sivakumar-suriya-karthi-agaram-04-07-10.html

Event photos @ page link :pink:[/tscii:0d11b410ad]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
4th July 2010, 09:05 PM
[tscii:8ae42ad741]Sivakumar’s educational trust awards given

Sunday, 04 July , 2010, 17:41

The Sivakumar educational and charitable trust started by actor Sivakumar in 1979, held its 31st function to give educational aid to students."Six years ago, Suriya’s Agaram foundation joined hands with this trust and is continuing the work to help first generation literates. This year 55 students are being helped along with five blind students and some students from Sri Lankan refugee camps in the state ", said Sivakumar.

The highlight was the release of the English version of his autobiography titled Idhu Oru Rajapattai Alleby noted journalist Malathi Rangarajan. "I hope students can take me as a role model and inspiration since I too have suffered and struggled to get education. I hope this book will reach out to many non Tamil readers as well and that is the reason for this translation " said Sivakumar.

The book was released by Principal Ilamparai Marimaran from Tuticorin. Speaking on the occasion actor Suriya said "these kids are the real heroes while we are heroes after coming to films. They have risen and come so far with their hard work and will to succeed. Karthi and I will do more films and earn more so that we can help them in a bigger way for more deserving students.

"Many students went emotional and narrated their tales of overcoming odds in order to study bringing tears to everyone on stage and in the audience. The Agaram foundation made several donations to organisations from various parts of the state.

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14948083

:notworthy:[/tscii:8ae42ad741]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
5th July 2010, 12:05 PM
Sivakumar's charity video from Bwoods

http://www.videos.behindwoods.com/videos-q1-09/movie-trailer/sivakumar-suriya-karthi-agaram.html

Sanjeevi
7th July 2010, 10:50 PM
http://in.yfittopostblog.com/2010/07/07/most-handsome-men-ever/

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
7th July 2010, 11:12 PM
[tscii:12c256ee25]
http://in.yfittopostblog.com/2010/07/07/most-handsome-men-ever/

From this link :

Now, forgive me, but I am no big fan of South Indian cinema. It’s probably because I have not watched much of it. But when I saw this hunk-a-ton in the Save Tigers ad on TV, I was in love. Suriya is by far one of the most handsome men in India ever; too bad he got married recently :rotfl: enna koduma sir ithu.

Major plus is his costumes which make him so smart and handsome. (Eg) aadhavan, ayan , ghajini, varanam aayiram

so clearly this hasn't been posted by a south indian. Must be from north. He will go places, he will go places nu inga niraya paer solluvaanga. Unmayilae poitaaru. @ sanjeevi :2thumbsup:[/tscii:12c256ee25]

vithagan
8th July 2010, 04:32 PM
நான் ஆசிர்வதிக்கப்பட்டவன். என் வாழ்க்கையில் இதுதான் அருமையான

நேரம்னு நினைக்கிறேன்!" . அழகான கண்கள் கபடி ஆட, மென் புன்னகையில் மிளிர்கிறார் சூர்யா. ரஜினி, கமலுக்கு அடுத்தபடியான தமிழ் சினிமாவின் வியாபாரம் இன்று... சூர்யாவுக்குத்தான்!

"கேட்டதைவிட, நினைச்சதைவிட எல்லாமே அதிசயமா அடுத்தடுத்து நடந்துட்டே இருக்கு. இந்த வெற்றி ஆரம்பத்தில் எனக்கு வரலை. அப்படி வராமல் இருந்தது நல்லதுதான்னு இப்போ தோணுது. என்னை இப்போ எல்லோருக்கும் பிடிச்சிருக்கு. நீங்கள் என்ன பண்ணினாலும் பிடிக்கும்னு சொல்ற வார்த்தைகள் காதில் வந்து விழுது. இது மாதிரி பேட்டியால்கூட என்னைப் பிடிக்கலாம். இதில் இருந்து இனி இறங்கக் கூடாது. மேலே மேலே போகணும். இப்போ எல்லாம் சாமி கும்பிடும்போது எதுவும் கேட்கத் தோணலை. நன்றி மட்டும்தான் கடவுளுக்குச் சொல்லிட்டே இருக்கேன். இப்படி ஒரு அப்பா, அம்மா, பிருந்தா, கார்த்தி, ஜோ, தியா, குட்டிப் பையன், இந்த வெற்றி எல்லாம் கிடைச்ச பிறகு... கடவுளுக்கு நன்றிதான் சொல்லணும்!"

"எப்படி 'கணக்கு' சரியாப் போடுறீங்க? நிறையப் பேருக்கு இந்தக் 'கணக்கு' தப்பாகுதே?"

" 'வாரணம் ஆயிரம்' வெற்றி வேற மாதிரி. எல்லோ ருக்கும் அது நினைவுகளாக மாறியிருந்தது. டைரக்டர் வெற்றிமாறன் பார்த்துட்டு, சிகரெட் குடிக்கிறதை விட்டுட்டேன்னு சொன்னார். எஸ்.எம்.எஸ்களால் என் இன்பாக்ஸ் நிரம்பி வழிந்தது. இவங்க எல்லாம் வேற. ஹரியுடன் நான் 'சிங்கம்' நடிச்சதில் என் கைக்கு வந்தவங்க வேர்வை ஒழுகி, கஷ்டப்படுற மக்கள். வேட்டியை மடிச்சுக் கட்டி, பைக்கில் விரட்டி, 'துரைசிங்கம் ரொம்ப டாப்பு'ன்னு கை வலிக்குற மாதிரி குலுக்கிச் சொன்ன மக்கள். இப்ப கோபமே வரலை. கும்பிடத்தான் தோணுது. எல்லோருக்கும் பிடிக்கிறவனாக இருக்கணும்னு நினைச்சுக்கிட்டேன். எல்லா வயசுக்கும் பிடிக்கணும். நிச்சயமா, ஒரே மாதிரி படங்கள் பண்ண மாட்டேன். 'சிங்கம்' மாதிரி நான் இன்னொரு தடவை கோபப்பட்டால் எனக்கே பிடிக் காது. அடுத்து ஏ.ஆர்.முருகதாஸ் படம். நான் நினைப்பது நடந்தால், முருகதாஸ் படம் எனக்குப் பெரிய லெவல். அடுத்து கே.வி.ஆனந்த். ஒவ்வொரு டைரக்டரிடமும் என்னை அர்ப்பணிக்கிறேன். நான் ஒண்ணும் மகா நடிகன் கிடையாது. ஆனால், என்ன கொடுக்குறாங்களோ, அதில் என் அதிகபட்ச சக்தியைத் தருவேன். அவ்வளவுதான். இதைத்தான் நீங்கள் கணக்குன்னு சொல்றீங்க!"

"மற்ற பெரிய ஹீரோக்கள் நடிக்கிற படங்கள் தோல்வி அடையுது. உங்க படங்கள் வெற்றி அடையுது. ஏன்?"

"எவ்வளவோ விஷயங்கள் இருக்குங்க. ரிலீஸ் தேதி, என் டைரக்டரோட உழைப்பு, படத்தோட புரொமோஷன்... இப்படி நிறைய இருக்கு. மத்தவங்க யாரும் தப்பா நினைச்சிடக் கூடாது. கம்பேர் பண்றேன்னு சொல்லிடக் கூடாது. நான் என்னுடைய படங்களை ரிப்பீட் பண்றது கிடையாது. மத்த காரணங்களை நீங்க தேடிக்கங்க!"

"நீங்கள் அறிமுக இயக்குநர்கள் படங்களில் நடிப்பது இல்லையே, ஏன்?"

"ஒவ்வொரு தடவையும் எதிர்பார்ப்பு, பிசினஸ் மேலே ஏறிக்கிட்டே போகுது. எவ்வளவோ கோடி கள் புழங்கிப் படம் வெளியே வருது. இப்படிப்பட்ட வேளையில் கொஞ்சம் அனுபவ இயக்குநர்களைப் பார்த்தால், நம்பிக்கையா இருக்கு. ஒரு கதையைச் சொன்னால் எப்படி இவர் கொண்டுவருவார்னு ஒரு வடிவம் மனசுக்குள் வருது. கொஞ்ச நாட்கள் கழிச்சு பரிசோதனை முயற்சிகளில் இறங்கலாம். அறிமுக இயக்குநர்களிடம் ஒரு கமர்ஷியல் படத்தை நான் எதிர்பார்க்கவில்லை. அடுத்தடுத்து அப்படிச் செய்யும் எண்ணங்கள் இருக்கு!"

"கார்த்தி உங்களுக்கு வீட்டுக்குள்ளே போட்டின்னு விளையாட்டுக்குச் சொல்லிட்டு இருந்தோம். நிஜமாவே அது வரும் போலிருக்கே. உணர்கிறீர்களா?"

"கார்த்தி எடுத்தவுடனேயே ஒரு நல்ல நடிகனாக எழுந்து வந்தவன். அந்த நடிப்பெல்லாம் எனக்குப் பிறகுதான் கிடைச்சது. பக்கத்திலேயே ஓட ஓர் ஆள் இருந்தால் நல்லதுதானே!"

" 'ரத்தச் சரித்திரம்' வன்முறை அதிகம் இருக்கும் போலிருக்கே?"

" 'ரத்த சரித்திரம்' 18+ பார்க்க வேண்டிய படம். ரத்தமும் சதையுமா ஒரு வாழ்க்கையைத் தரிசிக்கிற படம். நான் ராம்கோபால் வர்மாவோட ரசிகன். என் கேரியரில் அவர்கூட ஒரு படம் பண்ணிட்டேன்னு சொல்வது எனக்குப் பெருமை. கமர்ஷியல் படத்துக்கும் கலைப் படத்துக்கும் இடையில் வந்து நிற்கும் இந்த 'ரத்தச் சரித்திரம்'!"

"உங்க புதுக் குட்டி எப்படி இருக்கார்?"

"நல்லா இருக்கார். அழகழகாப் பெயர் தேடிட்டு இருக்கோம். பார்க்க ஜோ மாதிரி இருக்கார். கலர் நம்ம கலர். அழறதே கிடையாது. தியா, தன் தம்பி கிட்ட காட்டுற செல்லம் ரொம்ப விசேஷம். தம்பிக்குத் தலை சீவி, கிண்டர் கார்டன் போறதுக்கு முன்னாடி 20 முத்தமாவது குடுத்துட்டுப் போறாங்க. ரெண்டு பேரும் ரொம்ப ஃப்ரெண்ட்ஸ்!"

"உங்களை கமலுக்கு ஒப்பிடலாமா?"

"அவர் மாதிரி ஆக வாய்ப்பே கிடையாது. அவர் கதை எழுதலாம். மனசை உருவுற மாதிரி வசனம் எழுத முடியும். ஒரு படம் எடுக்க முடியும். எந்த சினிமாவையும் தனியாப் பிரிச்சுப் போட்டுப் பேச முடியும். நான் ஃபேமிலி ஆளு. அவர் மாதிரி எல்லாத்தையும் விட்டுட்டு சினிமாவை மட்டும் நினைச்சுக்கிற ஆளு கிடையாது.ஷூட்டிங் தவிர ஒரு மணி நேரம் வெளியே சுத்திட்டு ஜோ, தியா, பையன்னு கொஞ்சிட்டுத் திரிகிற ஆளைப்போய் இப்படிச் சொல்லிட்டீங்களே. 'எனக்குப் பயமா இருக்கு'ன்னு ஒரு விழாவில் சொன்னேன். கமல் சார் சிரிச்சுட்டு, 'அந்தப் பயத்தை மட்டும் அப்படியே வெச்சுக்க'ன்னு சொன்னார். ரஜினி சார் ஒரு விமானப் பயணத்தில், 'நீ ஹீரோ மட்டும் கிடையாது. நடிகன். சண்டை போடு, டூயட் பாடு. ஆனால், இரண்டு படத்தில் நல்லா நடிச்சிடு'ன்னு சொன்னார். எல்லாத்தையும் மனசில்வெச்சிருக்கேன். 'பயமா இருக்கு'!" - அருமையாகச் சிரிக்கிறார் சூர்யா!

Thirumaran
8th July 2010, 07:27 PM
Hubber Hamid with Surya :cool2:

[html:9acf1a90af]
http://i31.tinypic.com/25jz69s.jpg
[/html:9acf1a90af]

Usaramaa Anushka maathiri irukirathu Hamid.. Since Hamid had no duet business with Surya, Surya did not use stool :noteeth:

raghavendran
8th July 2010, 07:28 PM

Usaramaa Anushka maathiri irukirathu Hamid.. Since Hamid had no duet business with Surya, Surya did not use stool :noteeth: :cool2:

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
8th July 2010, 07:42 PM
Hubber Hamid with Surya :cool2: Usaramaa Anushka maathiri irukirathu Hamid.

:D :wink: Thiru :cool: Mr.Hamid media thuraaila irukkaro ??? And engey edutha poto ??? Eppo edutha poto ???

BM
8th July 2010, 07:56 PM

Usaramaa Anushka maathiri irukirathu Hamid.. Since Hamid had no duet business with Surya, Surya did not use stool :noteeth:

Anga nikkura ellorume Surya va vida usaramaa irukrathaala Hamid yaarunu theliva sollunga :mrgreen:

PS: Enakku yaar Hamid nu theriyum. Theriyaathavangalum therinjikkanum ngra uyarntha ennathula thaan kekran :noteeth:

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
9th July 2010, 04:01 PM
Exclusive !! Galatta magazine scanned copies (July 10 issue)

Abt Ayan, VA, Kaakha kaakha and more...

Courtesy: http://actorsuryasfanclub.blogspot.com/2010/07/galatta-magazine-scans-july-10.html

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
9th July 2010, 04:07 PM
Surya's Exclusive Interview To Aantha Vikatan Issue ! Dated: 14 - 7 - 10

COURTESY: http://actorsuryasfanclub.blogspot.com/2010/07/ananda-vikatan-issue-dated-140710.html

English translation is also below the tamil one.

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
9th July 2010, 04:25 PM
[tscii:213657e931]
Surya's Exclusive Interview To Aantha Vikatan Issue ! Dated: 14 - 7 - 10

COURTESY: http://actorsuryasfanclub.blogspot.com/2010/07/ananda-vikatan-issue-dated-140710.html

English translation is also below the tamil one.

Highlights of interview:

¤ May do one more film with k.v. Anand
¤ Ratha charithra is for 18+ and comes between commercial and class cinema.
¤ Phone inbox overloaded with singam's success wishes
¤ Will never do one more film like singam
¤ Praises abt kamal
¤ Vikatan inbox - 7th sense filmla blood donate pannura mathiri oru scene. This is what we call as ''sevantha sense'' :rotfl3:[/tscii:213657e931]

NOV
9th July 2010, 04:35 PM
Will never do one more film like singam:clap: :bow: :clap:

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
9th July 2010, 04:37 PM
Exclusive ! ! Surya's India Today Interview Scanned Copies As A Set In Flickr ( Dated 5/7/10 )

''SINGATHIN KARJANAI'' - www.flickr.com/photos/hqsingamsurya/sets/72157624426359822/detail/

COURTESY: http://www.actorsuryasfanclub.blogspot.com

VinodKumar's
9th July 2010, 08:22 PM

:lol: Innum rendu varusathula intha maari oru padam varum paarunga. He cannot sustain in the field without doing movies like Singam and Vel. Neengalam review nalla illaena Surya padathuku poga matinga aana reviewae padikaama star moonjikaaga pora antha kootam illaena dandanakka thaan.

NOV
9th July 2010, 09:21 PM
[html:31daebcf86]
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs045.ash2/35625_137009706309807_100000023340137_411506_50733 59_n.jpg
[/html:31daebcf86]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
9th July 2010, 09:31 PM
:roll: must be either from Ayan or VA !! :wink:

VinodKumar's
9th July 2010, 09:37 PM
Ayan phone vikkura scene nu ninaikiraen

Rajaruud
9th July 2010, 09:38 PM
Ayan phone vikkura scene nu ninaikiraen

:yes: Athae thaan :P

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
12th July 2010, 02:27 PM
[tscii:c9c802746f]SECRET BEHIND SURIYA'S SUCCESS

12/7/10

Suriya was questioned in a recent interview to a magazine as to how he proved to be a successful actor when several of his contemporaries have failed. The actor replied that there are various factors for his successful run at the box office. He says that the timing of the release, hard work, commitment and such other factors are vital for the film’s success. Suriya also pointed out that it is his choice of roles that ensures success. The star says that he is particular that he does not opt for repetitive roles and get caught in the image web.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/jul-10-02/suriya-success-12-07-10.html[/tscii:c9c802746f]

Guru-V
12th July 2010, 02:31 PM
[tscii:8738fb0aa2]SECRET BEHIND SURIYA'S SUCCESS

12/7/10

Suriya was questioned in a recent interview to a magazine as to how he proved to be a successful actor when several of his contemporaries have failed. The actor replied that there are various factors for his successful run at the box office. He says that the timing of the release, hard work, commitment and such other factors are vital for the film’s success. Suriya also pointed out that it is his choice of roles that ensures success. The star says that he is particular that he does not opt for repetitive roles and get caught in the image web.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/jul-10-02/suriya-success-12-07-10.html[/tscii:8738fb0aa2]

cool

NOV
13th July 2010, 08:14 AM
Thalaivar's advice to Surya (Thanks to AV)

ரஜினி சார் ஒரு விமானப் பயணத்தில், 'நீ ஹீரோ மட்டும் கிடையாது. நடிகன். சண்டை போடு, டூயட் பாடு. ஆனால், இரண்டு படத்தில் நல்லா நடிச்சிடு'ன்னு சொன்னார். எல்லாத்தையும் மனசில்வெச்சிருக்கேன். 'பயமா இருக்கு'!" - அருமையாகச் சிரிக்கிறார் சூர்யா!

HonestRaj
13th July 2010, 08:32 AM

:lol: Innum rendu varusathula intha maari oru padam varum paarunga. He cannot sustain in the field without doing movies like Singam and Vel. Neengalam review nalla illaena Surya padathuku poga matinga aana reviewae padikaama star moonjikaaga pora antha kootam illaena dandanakka thaan.

may be before 2011 u'll get the news of another film with Hari

raghavendran
13th July 2010, 08:43 AM

may be before 2011 u'll get the news of another film with Hari :yes:

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
14th July 2010, 07:11 PM
Spotted: Surya at Bangalore Airport with Rediff Reporter (http://im.rediff.com/movies/2010/jul/14spotted.jpg)

Courtesy: Rediff.com

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
17th July 2010, 07:15 PM
[tscii:e7f4291146]Suriya becomes No.1 of Kollywood

Actor Suriya has been officially announced as No. 1 in the Tamil film industry. KUMUDAM – the leading Tamil magazine of India has listed 10 topmost influential celebrities of Kollywood amongst which Suriya has been listed on No.1. The reason they have mentioned is that Suriya is the favorite of Box Office as his films from ‘Pithamaghan’ have done great business. Now all the distributors, producers and theatre owners are so happy about taking up his films.

Suriya’s upcoming film ‘Raktha Charitra’ has done a marvelous business at global box office and the film’s producers are so gleeful that none of their previous films did go for such a big show in overseas.

(They are referring to the Film's rights being sold at 4.5 C, never before for a surya film at the overseas level. More details on this ~ visit Ratha Charitra thread Pg: 18)

This is the main reason why Suriya’s 7 AUM ARIVU will be made simultaneously in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi.

www.onlysurya.com/news/suriya-becomes-no-1-of-kollywood-533.html[/tscii:e7f4291146]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
17th July 2010, 10:25 PM
[tscii:f4cffecef9]WISHES TO SURIYA

Suriya will be celebrating his birthday on Friday (23rd July). It will be an occasion for the industry to celebrate, especially with the way Suriya has been performing and delivering off late. We, at Behindwoods, decide to convey our birthday wishes to Suriya in advance and give all his fans a glance at all the qualities that make him the star that he is today. So, go ahead, take a look and find out a few things about Suriya; some that you might already know, some that you might not. And in the end, do not forget to wish Suriya a very happy birthday.

1) Cannot be Kamal!

He was once asked whether he would become the next Kamal Haasan of the Tamil film industry. He said that to become Kamal Haasan he would have to think about nothing else but cinema all the time. Kamal is a person who has dedicated every moment of his life to cinema. It is not easy to do that and for the same reason it is not easy for anyone to be the next Kamal Haasan.

2) Total Recall – A great memory!

This is something he seems to have inherited from his father. Sivakumar has been known to have a very strong and sharp memory, especially with the way he recited the whole Kamban En Kadhalan on stage once. Even Suriya has exhibited the same trait. Remember the scene in Poovellam Kettupar where he say the name of 108 flowers non-stop. He has repeated the feat once on stage much to the amazement of everyone present. Its not just good looks and physique that make a star!

Contd...[/tscii:f4cffecef9]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
17th July 2010, 10:33 PM
[tscii:e5d3bbbae7]3) The complete Directors’ actor

Any director who has worked with him keeps coming back to do more and more films. He has done two films with Gautham Menon, three with Hari and has also worked with other top guns in the industry like KSR and AR Murugadoss. He is presently doing his second film with Murugadoss and there are talks that he will soon be teaming up with Hari once again and also joining K.V. Anandh (Ayan director) for another movie. Looks like directors don’t want to miss any opportunity to work with this actor

4) Heroines

He has formed successful combinations with many leading ladies of the industry. Starting off opposite Simran he has had great on screen chemistry over the years with many heroines, the latest being Anushka in Singam. His most successful and prolific screen pair however has been Jyothika opposite whom he has done a number of films. Other heroines with whom he has shown some crackling chemistry over the recent years are Tamannah (Ayan) and Asin (Ghajini).

5) The favorite of actresses

It may be because of his great success rate at the moment; Suriya is currently the favorite co-star of heroines in the industry. Many leading ladies including Sameera Reddy have expressed their desire to work with him. Even singer Suvi has said that she would take to acting if only there was an offer to star opposite Suriya.

Contd...[/tscii:e5d3bbbae7]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
17th July 2010, 10:41 PM
6) A very special birthday

This birthday is very special for Suriya. Not only has his career scaled new heights with continuous hits, the latest being Singam, there has been a new addition to his family with Jyothika giving birth to a baby boy. It would be safe to say that things cannot get better for anyone and we wish that these good times continue for Suriya.

7) Continuous victory

He is currently on a hot run of hits. If this is not an overstatement, one can say that he is at the moment, the hit-man of Kollywood. Almost all his recent films i.e. Singam, Aadhavan, Ayan, Vaaranam Aayiram, Vel etc. have been commercial successes. One would have to go back at least three years or more to find a Suriya film that had been declared a flop by the trade. Great going!

Courtesy: www.behindwoods.com

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
18th July 2010, 02:29 PM
Romba naala enakku oru Doubt !! '' 10 to 70 '' nu thread titlela irukku... What does it mean ???

raghavendran
18th July 2010, 02:30 PM
Romba naala enakku oru Doubt !! '' 10 to 70 '' nu thread titlela irukku... What does it mean ???10 to 70 agele ellarum surya fansa :lol2:

sathya_1979
18th July 2010, 02:30 PM
10 vayasu paiyyan maadhiri aadhavanla nadichaar. 70 vayasu old man maadhiri VaaraNam Aayiramla nadichaar (including another school boy character). Maybe adhuvaa irukkum.

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
18th July 2010, 02:38 PM
Sathya anna sollvathu madhiri irukkurathukku chance irukku :P :P

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
18th July 2010, 09:52 PM
South Scope Magazine Scans (June 10)

Image 1 (http://i27.tinypic.com/mt6vdz.jpg)

Image 2 (http://i26.tinypic.com/2in8gl.jpg)

Image 3 (http://i26.tinypic.com/smsyle.jpg)

Image 4 (http://i29.tinypic.com/2aimzys.jpg)

Image 5 (http://i28.tinypic.com/10z8g34.jpg)

Image 6 (http://i30.tinypic.com/28m337k.jpg)

Source: ASFC

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
19th July 2010, 12:03 AM
Harris Jayaraj From twitter:

At Mirchi awards. Glad to receive '' Mirchi's Best Album Of The Year '' Awards for both Critics and Listeners Choice for '' AYAN ''

:clap: A true rocking and engaging chartbuster

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
21st July 2010, 01:26 PM
[tscii:cbd426d5a7]Suriya birthday special songs!

Ambili [July 21, 2010, 10:44:01 AM]

Actors’ birthdays are indeed eventful occasions. These are the happy times when fans and fan clubs go on a celebration spree. From a fan’s perspective, it is an opportunity to demonstratively express his love for his on screen heroes. Actors too participate enthusiastically in the event since these are among the rare times they get to spend with their fans. Some actors organize social service camps too as part of the celebration.

June 23 is Suriya's birthday. Every year, a lot of planning and arrangement goes into the celebration. So here we bring you a special collection of songs from the actor's films. Listen and enjoy!

:arrow: http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/livewire/id/Suriya_Birthday_Special_Songs_40543.html

Visit the site for song collection :P[/tscii:cbd426d5a7]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
21st July 2010, 01:34 PM
[tscii:a5bc24b58a]Wee-Bee... Good news...

Flash News: Suriya’s son gets name

Wednesday July 21, 2010

Suriya’s son gets a name as his entire fans are looking out. Of course, we bring you the first news that his son has been named as ‘DEV’. On June 7, Jyothika delivered a baby boy and it was a glad tiding for not alone their family members, but for the entire cohorts of Suriya-Jo fans. Now, their child gets named as ‘DEV’.

Well, the synonyms of DEV literally means - A god; a deity; a divine being; an idol; a king. Suriya’s sister Brinda also got her son named as ‘GUHAN’. The naming ceremony wasn’t a grand celebration as it was held normally amongst them. On this special occasion, let us wish for a very bright and colorful future of these kids.

http://www.top10cinema.com/news/5627/flash-news-suriyas-son-gets-name

Rocking Star- Surya .. Sequel is Dashing Star- Dev[/tscii:a5bc24b58a]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
21st July 2010, 05:15 PM
[tscii:14ae557c7c]Suriya-Jo name their son

IndiaGlitz [Wednesday, July 21, 2010]

Jyothika and Suriya were blessed with a baby boy in the early hours of June 7. It was their second child after a cute girl ‘Diya’. Suriya’s fans were eagerly waiting for the naming of the boy child for over a month and now they are elated. Suriya and Jyothika have named their son ‘DEV’. Dev means God in Sanskrit. It also means a divine being; an idol; a king.

The naming ceremony was a very private affair that happened amongst the family members. IndiaGlitz wishes Dev a bright and happy future.

:arrow: http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/58759.html[/tscii:14ae557c7c]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
22nd July 2010, 12:31 AM
Suriya names his son Dev

Wednesday, 21 July , 2010, 20:06

Suriya has named his new born son Dev at a very private naming ceremony. Remember, the most handsome couple in Kollywood, Suriya and Jyothika has an elder daughter named Diya. Dev is more a North Indian name, as it is a Sanskrit word for God.

The couple had consulted their family astrologer and decided upon the name Anyway it is very rhyming- Diya and Dev.

:arrow: http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14950462

Mahen
22nd July 2010, 11:13 AM
Dev? Ravanan partha effect-ta? :roll: :D

NOV
22nd July 2010, 11:55 AM
Dev? Ravanan partha effect-ta? :roll: :Deven I thot of the same thing.

saravanan, karthikeyan appadinu azhagaana pEr vecha family... :sigh2:

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
22nd July 2010, 12:08 PM
Dev? Ravanan partha effect-ta? :roll: :Deven I thot of the same thing.

saravanan, karthikeyan appadinu azhagaana pEr vecha family... :sigh2:

I was xpecting Velan or any other name of Lord Muruga :sad:

Plum
22nd July 2010, 12:30 PM
basically, they have become north indians now ;-) :lol:

P_R
22nd July 2010, 12:39 PM
Allov, Diya 'ngradhu mattum thoNRuthottu thamizhnaattil vaikkum peyarA ?

ivaru sennai, veettammA prambhai. nadu centre-la pEr vaikkaNumnA Mallikarjuna, Manjunatha appidi yEdhAchum dhaan vaikka mudiyin.

Siv.S
22nd July 2010, 12:41 PM
ivaru sennai, veettammA prambhai. nadu centre-la pEr vaikkaNumnA Mallikarjuna, Manjunatha appidi yEdhAchum dhaan vaikka mudiyin.

Mahen
22nd July 2010, 07:13 PM
Why you guys getting excited over a name? :think: Dev/Devamani/Devsriprasad..as long as its meaningful name pothum :)

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
22nd July 2010, 07:23 PM
Mahen was expecting the name '' Thaman '' for that baby boy ?? Correcta brother :lol:

Siv.S
22nd July 2010, 07:29 PM
Mahen was expecting the name '' Thaman '' for that baby boy ?? Correcta brother :lol:
:rotfl2:

SuraTheLeader
22nd July 2010, 07:38 PM

Too Much :rotfl2:

Mahen
22nd July 2010, 07:40 PM
:lol: eppadi ellam yosikerenge...

NOV
22nd July 2010, 07:52 PM
Guru Shishyan

Note Kamal's right hand :D

[html:12eca47584]
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs176.snc3/20350_261810494119_64953969119_4337006_2294578_n.j pg
[/html:12eca47584]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
23rd July 2010, 12:54 AM
[tscii:adaf97f186]:bluejump: Suriya's birthday today :bluejump:

SRINIVASA RAMANUJAM, TNN, Jul 23, 2010

He might be the King when it comes to Kollywood currently, but at home, the real king is the new addition to the family. At the Suriya household, the cynosure of all eyes is the baby boy. And fittingly, he’s been named Dev, which means ‘a divine being’. Needless to say, actor Suriya — who is celebrating his birthday — is thrilled the way things have been shaping up in the past few months, both professionally and personally.

Says an excited Suriya, “We’ve named the little boy Dev, especially because Jo liked it. Actually, we thought a lot and discussed several names but Jo cast her vote for Dev,” reveals the actor, who is basking in the success of his Singam.

So, how has his daughter — Diya — taken to new addition to the family? “She’s fond of him. Before she goes to school, she’s always helping out with changing nappies and all that. She sometimes insists that she does it herself. And, she’s totally at it when it comes to colour choices and all that! Diya doesn’t seem to have any first child insecurity.” Is he consciously trying to spend more time with the children? “Well, I’m trying to. But most of the time, it’s only Jo.”

So, how is he planning to celebrate his birthday? “I’ll mostly be in Coimbatore for the second schedule of 7am Arivu and so, there are no special plans,” he says, “But my fan clubs are organising several activities such as blood and organs donation.”

:arrow: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/regional/news-interviews/Suriyas-birthday-today/articleshow/6201076.cms :smokesmirk:[/tscii:adaf97f186]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
23rd July 2010, 04:03 AM
:cheer: HAPPY B'DAY ROCKING STAR SURYA :cheer:

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
23rd July 2010, 09:57 AM
[tscii:0e1131fc97]Happy birthday to Suriya

Friday, 23 July , 2010, 09:33

Suriya - The ‘numero uno’ star of Kollywood Suriya celebrates his birthday today (July 23). For the actor it is business as usual, as he will be shooting for his AR Murgadoss action adventure 7am Arivu.

The fans of Suriya are organizing several social and philanthropic activities across the state like feeding the poor, conducting blood and organ donation camps. Suriya’s next big release will be Ram Gopal Varma’s Raktha Charithra, sometime in October.

Suriya has enough reasons to have a big bash, as the trade has now officially anointed him on the throne, as the war is of superstar Rajinikanth. Suriya’s Singam is so far 2010’s biggest box-office hit. Take a look at Suriya’s impeccable track record at the BO-Ayan, Aadhavan, Singam, all in a span of an year. It is a rare hat trick of hits for the actor, who has now the best strike rate in Kollywood. He is today undoubtedly the king of the box-office who has the masses and the classes eating out of his hand. His perfection lies in his ability and expression to re-invent himself every time he embarks on a new mission.

Meanwhile, on the personal front, it is bliss for the actor who had a new addition to his family. Two days back Suriya and his lovely wife Jyothika has named their new born son Dev. Diya and Dev sounds rhyming and now the ‘Singam’ wants to spend more time with his cubs! :rotfl3:

:arrow: http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14950627[/tscii:0e1131fc97]

subash43
23rd July 2010, 12:34 PM
Happy Birthday Surya :thumbsup:

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
23rd July 2010, 10:31 PM
[tscii:e5d9523fc6]SURIYA SIR 35TH BIRTHDAY SPECIAL

By Behindwoods Visitor Logeswary Sinivasam

Hi,

Each person had a purpose in life. If they did not have it at the beginning, they found their purpose and then devoted themselves to it. Suriya is one of them. Along with that purpose he followed it with his passion. His forward motion was not just here and there but with a passion that resonated in his hearts. Suriya not only had ideas to build on but he believed in himself and his hard work. He did not worry about what other people believed. He stood by himself first and did not let the beliefs of others sway his journey. He began his road to success and prepared for whatever came his way and whatever challenge he could not foresee. He is a person with an unstoppable spirit. His spirit and hard work brings him to be one of the successful actors in Tamil Cinema. What has brought him to achieve this success? Let’s see……

Sincerity - He is sincere in work and trying to give the best not only to his fans but also to his directors and producers..

Wholehearted – He is committed to life and everything that he set out to accomplish in his life. Devoted to his family, friends and community and committed himself to be the best human being, entertainer, father, husband, son, brother and friend.

Humility – He does not lead a life thinking he is better than others or superior to those around him.Modesty and humbleness is owned by him.

Charity – He is kind, gentle, and compassionate in treatment of others – especially those who may be undeserving. He has extended a hand to help others, good example is Agaram Foundation. Education is the basic and the best need one can give to another. He has been doing it without expectations.

Personal integrity - Always follow his heartfelt values, and never let a situation or anyone steer him away from doing what he know is right. He is being someone that people can look up to and respect and not someone who trades his or her moral values for material gains in life.

Whole – He has been focused on what he wants to achieve in life. Give everyone he interacts with his complete and undivided attention.

I would like to take this opportunity to wish Suriya Happy Birthday and may God bless him always .Thanks for all the good movies given to us, we have been well entertained by Suriya. I also like to thank his family for the time they have allowed him for him to give the good movies for his fans out here. Suriya, now it’s your era to continue to blast with good movies. All the best!

Thanks & Regards
Logeswary Sinivasam

:arrow: www.behindwoods.com/features/visitors-1/suriya-singam-23-07-10.html[/tscii:e5d9523fc6]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
23rd July 2010, 10:37 PM
[tscii:dd64180ad0]Suriya – A Man of Value and Success

Friday July 23, 2010

‘Try not to become a man of success, but rather to become a man of value’ – This most precious quotes were marked by Albert Einstein. Indeed, if there happens to be a personality, who ardently gets adhered to this mantra, it could be none other than the bright and colorful Suriya.

Suriya has been bearing the most rigid resolution to succeed in life as it has been the most important thing that helped him to make it big as a genuine person in all arenas.

Starting off his career before 14 years, the actor has successfully completed 25 films with his previous 7 films being the stunning blockbusters. Guess what? He’s the apple of eyes for the producers, distributors and theatre owners. His films have won them the best profits and sparkling their lips with smile.

Not to forget about his personal life as the actor has set the best example inspiring his fans to be a respectable man of values. A lovable son, adorable brother, caring father and an affection spouse.

Lighting up the lives of hundreds and thousands of needy youngsters, Suriya has aided them in accomplishing with their dreams through this AGARAM Foundation. Needless to mention, the actor has gone far-famed across the neighboring states as well with his philanthropic activities.

This year is gonna be the most fantastic year for Suriya as his Bollywood debut awaits the greatest things for him. Already, there haps to be a huge group of fans following him just after glimpsing on his astounding performance in ‘Rattha Charithram’ teasers. Now, it’s obvious that his upcoming films including ‘7 AUM Arivu’ will elevate his levels in Indian Cinema.

We as the members of Top10Cinema convey our heartiest wishes to Suriya for the most successful endeavor in years to come.

:arrow: www.top10cinema.com/feature/5663/suriya-undefined-a-man-of-value-and-success[/tscii:dd64180ad0]

udaykumar
24th July 2010, 12:52 PM
[tscii:bfc78414b8]Ayan team is back

Kollywood’s leading production house AGS Entertainments, is all set to bring the blockbuster Ayan team of Suriya and KV Anand together in an all new action adventure.

Suriya and KV Anand are a deadly combo who set the screen on fire with their blockbuster Ayan will come together again for an untitled movie for AGS Entertainments.

The rest of the cast, crew and technicians are being finalized as the film would go to floors on February 2011.

AGS is an acclaimed production house, that has come out with hits like Thiruttu Payale, Masilamani, Santosh Subramaniam, Irumbu Kottai Murattu Singam and the recent hit Madarsapattinam.

Kalpathi Agoram of AGS has made it clear that their new venture would be a big budget extravaganza.
[/tscii:bfc78414b8]

Mahen
24th July 2010, 12:56 PM
[tscii:52c21a86c3]Ayan team is back

Kollywood’s leading production house AGS Entertainments, is all set to bring the blockbuster Ayan team of Suriya and KV Anand together in an all new action adventure.

Suriya and KV Anand are a deadly combo who set the screen on fire with their blockbuster Ayan will come together again for an untitled movie for AGS Entertainments.

The rest of the cast, crew and technicians are being finalized as the film would go to floors on February 2011.

AGS is an acclaimed production house, that has come out with hits like Thiruttu Payale, Masilamani, Santosh Subramaniam, Irumbu Kottai Murattu Singam and the recent hit Madarsapattinam.

Kalpathi Agoram of AGS has made it clear that their new venture would be a big budget extravaganza.
[/tscii:52c21a86c3]

Anand likes Tammu..He even wanted her for Ko..and her chemistry with Surya in Ayan was terrific..So fingers crossed..

If Tammu is not selected, Karthi would be real reason :D

Vivasaayi
24th July 2010, 12:58 PM
ayan crew ok....heroine mattum yaravadhu nadikka therinja ponna paathu podalam..instread of irritating tamanna..

Its irritating to watch the actress doing irritating performance on screen while the others on screen like surya performing well

Mahen
24th July 2010, 01:01 PM
ayan crew ok....heroine mattum yaravadhu nadikka therinja ponna paathu podalam..instread of irritating tamanna..

Its irritating to watch the actress doing irritating performance on screen while the others on screen like surya performing well

I think the director/producer knows best..so :shhh:

Vivasaayi
24th July 2010, 01:02 PM

I think the director/producers knows best..so :shhh:

then why do you cometo hub and discuss movies? .. avinga best-a than edupainganna... :shhh: irundhutu padatha paathutu poga vendiyadhuthana

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
24th July 2010, 01:04 PM
yeah... :happydance: I want tamannah..... Ayan's songs were picturised very beautifully.... Super shots and super costumes also ... Example: Oyaayee song costumes and locations.. Stunning visuals..

Mahen
24th July 2010, 01:09 PM

then why do you cometo hub and discuss movies? .. avinga best-a than edupainganna... :shhh: irundhutu padatha paathutu poga vendiyadhuthana

we discuss yes but giving suggestions based on our personal opinion does not matter...So you think Anand will change his mind if he reads this? :roll: nooo...In his view, Tammu is good. so he'll go for her...

Vivasaayi
24th July 2010, 01:11 PM

we discuss yes but giving suggestions based on our personal opinion does not matter...So you think Anand will change his mind if he reads this? :roll: nooo...In his view, Tammu is good. so he'll go for her...

i dint suggest anand anything there :lol: who am i to suggest?.. i just told the crew is better without "overacting" tamanna

HonestRaj
24th July 2010, 03:06 PM
[tscii]SURIYA SIR 35TH BIRTHDAY SPECIAL

Is he 35?

I heard that he is Vijay's classmate / batch mate in layola college & he is 37

omega
24th July 2010, 03:37 PM

Is he 35?

Yen sir, ore vayasu pasanga thaan onna collegela padippaangala?

rifath
24th July 2010, 03:39 PM
happy birthday surya

rifath
24th July 2010, 03:53 PM
since surya and kv are coming 2gether after rock solid ayan,expectation will be high.dunno whether they will live up to it

Anban
24th July 2010, 04:16 PM
mayavi, SOK-kku ellaam yaaru vote pottathu..

antha padathoda directors hub-la irukkaaingala.. :huh:

mareen
24th July 2010, 04:48 PM
Mayavi'ku 3 vote. I guess the few from the production team is here.

P_R
24th July 2010, 05:24 PM
ayan crew ok....heroine mattum yaravadhu nadikka therinja ponna paathu podalam..instread of irritating tamanna.. naansens maadhiri pEsaadheenga :hammer:

P_R
24th July 2010, 05:26 PM
mayavi, SOK-kku ellaam yaaru vote pottathu..

antha padathoda directors hub-la irukkaaingala.. :huh:
Oh..he's very impressive in mAyAvi. The movie itself is pretty good. Not sure what I voted for though :confused2:

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
24th July 2010, 06:25 PM
Suriya, K V Anand come together again

IndiaGlitz [Sunday, July 25, 2010]

AGS Entertainments, a production house which has back to back hits to its credit, is all set to bring together two names that has spelt magic at the box-office with 'Ayan' last year.

Suriya and K V Anand - the combo which set the screen on fire with a riveting entertainer in 'Ayan', will come together again for an untitled movie for AGS Entertainments. The rest of the cast, crew and technicians are being finalised. The flick would go to floors on February 2011, said a press release.

Quite typical to Kalpathi Agoram's earlier ventures, the movie would be made in a huge budget. The coming together of the trio has raised expectations among the industry men.

:arrow: www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/58843.html

HonestRaj
24th July 2010, 06:53 PM

Is he 35?

Yen sir, ore vayasu pasanga thaan onna collegela padippaangala?

"rendu perum orE timela 12th mudichirukkanga" -- ippadi yaarayadhu sonna.. rendu perukkum orE vayasuthaanu podhuva ellorum yosippanga

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
25th July 2010, 01:03 AM
[tscii:0139c49c03]
Will Suriya-Anand combo strike gold?

July 25th ,2010 DC

Will they create movie magic again, together? After giving a blockbuster like Ayan, the combo of Suriya and cinematographer-turned filmmaker K.V. Anand are coming together in another commercial entertainer. Ayan was packaged and marketed so skillfully that it turned out to be one of the biggest hits in Suriya’s career and hurtled the Singam star into the top league of Kollywood actors. The new untitled movie will be produced by Kalpathi S Agoram’s AGS Entertainment and according to them, the rest of the cast and crew is being worked out. This production house has earlier come out with successful films like Thiruttu Payalae, Masilamani, Irumbu Kottai Murattu Singam and the recent hit Madarsapattinam.

But the buzz in the industry is that this K.V. Anand-Suriya venture will take some time to hit the floors as both of them are busy with projects right now.If all goes well, this movie will commence from February 2011.

Currently, K.V. Anand is busy completing his flick Ko with Jiiva, while Suriya is working with A.R. Murugadas in 7 Aum Arivu where he is paired opposite Shruti Haasan.

:arrow: http://www.deccanchronicle.com/entertainment/will-suriya-anand-combo-strike-gold-281[/tscii:0139c49c03]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
28th July 2010, 01:38 PM
Surya at 58th Annual Nadigar Sangam meet

:arrow: www.onlysurya.com/photos/surya-at-nadigar-sangam-58-th-annual-meet-photos-566.html

P_R
29th July 2010, 02:21 PM
Raktha Charitha release eppO?

raajarasigan
29th July 2010, 03:40 PM
voted for Mounam Pesiyathe.... though had soft corner for Pithamagan & Ghajini... :)

rsubras
29th July 2010, 07:38 PM
Voted for Jillunu oru Kaadhal.. Mainly for the delightful musical experience while watching the movie at Sathyam.... and some of the dialogues in the movie....... in the climax Bhoomika tells Jyothika (in a letter) "Namma nesikara oru porula yaaravathu misuse pannuvangalo ngra bayathula than athai potthi paadhukakirom..but when we know that it is with someone who loves that more than we do, we feel a sense of satisfaction"..so ithukaga i chose this movie [:)]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
30th July 2010, 01:51 AM
[tscii:ad68570269]
From ' The Hindu ' :

Avan Ivan, Kitch and Yuddam Seiareunder production and Baley Pandiya is due for release. And, producer Kalpathi S Agoram has already started planning ahead — he is bringing together the hit combo of Ayan,Suriya and director K V Anand, for a mega project that will kick off in February 2011.

Says Kalpathi, “As a producer, distributor and exhibitor, I look at a production from every angle for its commercial viability. In this game, it is the producer who is at the risk of losing money. So, I ensure that my films have the right ingredients to make them box office successes.

:arrow: http://www.thehindu.com/arts/cinema/article540010.ece [/tscii:ad68570269]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
30th July 2010, 10:12 PM
@ Gane14

Till yesterday the correct report was there.. But if u scroll down the page and look when it was last modified it would be 30 july,2010... Someone has erased the content... Its very clear... See the gross revenue - 15 C , the same as Gross budget.. It shud be 80 C ... Collections in Chennai alone amounted to 8 C... So 15 C is too silly and childish.. Some jealous person should have erased it.. Cheap means of degrading an actor... And i'm sure that somebody must be one of our hubbers..

Sudarsh
30th July 2010, 10:23 PM
@ Gane14

Till yesterday the correct report was there.. But if u scroll down the page and look when it was last modified it would be 30 july,2010... Someone has erased the content... Its very clear... See the gross revenue - 15 C , the same as Gross budget.. It shud be 80 C ... Collections in Chennai alone amounted to 8 C... So 15 C is too silly and childish.. Some jealous person should have erased it.. Cheap means of degrading an actor... And i'm sure that somebody must be one of our hubbers..

vinod how can u say its a hubber wiki can be edited by anyone.

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
30th July 2010, 10:53 PM
Sudarsh, i changed my siggy only today morning and the content has been edited in the afternoon.. It was written '' Ayan is the third highest blockbuster grosser next to Sivaji and Dasa '' ... There r many in this Hub who don't like surya... Till yesterday i saw that the content was last modified last year (i.e) 2009 ... How come after one year somebody comes and erases it simply.. It must be using my link.. Its so easy to predict...

I suggest you to go through these links and thread :

www.suryafansclub.com/general/ayan-breaking-all-box-office-records/

www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=1850371

www.suryafansclub.com/general/ayan-completes-100-days/

Additional :

www.suryafansclub.com/news/aadhavan-breaks-sivaji-box-office-collections/ (Aadhavan breaks Sivaji film's collection @ Cuddalore district)

I wasn't here when this film was rocking.. If i was here i would have given top to bottom details :sad:

Sudarsh
30th July 2010, 10:55 PM
Sudarsh, i changed my siggy only today morning and the content has been edited in the afternoon.. It was written '' Ayan is the third highest blockbuster grosser next to Sivaji and Dasa '' ... There r many in this Hub who don't like surya... Till yesterday i saw that the content was last modified last year (i.e) 2009 ... How come after one year somebody comes and erases it simply.. It must be using my link.. Its so easy to predict...

I suggest you to go through these links and thread :

www.suryafansclub.com/general/ayan-breaking-all-box-office-records/

www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=1850371

www.suryafansclub.com/general/ayan-completes-100-days/

Additional :

www.suryafansclub.com/news/aadhavan-breaks-sivaji-box-office-collections/ (Aadhavan breaks Sivaji film's collection @ Cuddalore district)

I wasn't here when this film was rocking.. If i was here i would have given top to bottom details :sad:

so u havent seen ayan>?

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
30th July 2010, 11:01 PM
I have seen it, First day Matinee show and 35th day Matinee show.. Still remember them.. Why are u asking ???

Sudarsh
30th July 2010, 11:02 PM
I have seen it, First day Matinee show and 35th day Matinee show.. Still remember them.. Why are u asking ???

cause u said ur watching ayan on weekend.

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
30th July 2010, 11:05 PM
Adhu for Surya, Tammu, Harris and stunning Locations... Like watching again...

Sudarsh
30th July 2010, 11:07 PM
Adhu for Surya, Tammu, Harris and stunning Locations... Like watching again...

honestly i cant watch this movie more than once... i mean its a good action film for one time watch but not like a thenali, panchatantiram, nala dhamayanthi, mayaavi, or mumbai express which can be watched over and over again a million times.

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
3rd August 2010, 12:51 AM
[tscii:4695b9490f]:clap: :clap: :clap:

Suriya supports heart campaign

TNN, Aug 3, 2010

Suriya’s heart is beating faster! And here we mean, by his support for the Billion Hearts Beating (BHB) campaign. The campaign that aims at raising awareness about the need for a healthy heart among Indians, and targets to remove the tag ‘cardiac disorder capital of the world’, attached to the nation, seems to have impressed the actor.

Suriya has pledged his support for the campaign by doing a film that highlights the risk of heart diseases among Indians. “The largest number of heart patients live in India and there is an urgent need to initiate lifestyle changes. Children should ensure that parents keep good health,” said the actor.

The film will be aired across popular cinema theatres and television channels. Way to go, Suriya!

:arrow: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/regional/news-interviews/Suriya-supports-heart-campaign/articleshow/6247880.cms [/tscii:4695b9490f]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
11th August 2010, 06:52 PM
[tscii:f05c5939e2]:clap: :clap:

Vidhai – a Successfull Journey With Suriya

Wednesday August 11, 2010

Vijay TV had joined with Agaram Foundation started by Actor Suriya for Vidhai on Pongal 2010 titled ‘Oru kodi oru thodakkam’. Vidhai project aims to generate huge amount of money to help the underprivileged students to achieve their academic goals. Ten industrialists came together to pool in ten lakhs each summing to one crore on the day of harvest, Pongal festival. This money was made available to the education of the needy who wants to pursue their higher studies.

In a continuation, Vijay TV is once again shaking hands with Suriya’s Agaram on this Independence Day, August 15, 2010.

Among an ardent audience of about 160 students, their parents and donors, Actor Suriya would be a moderator on Vijay TV’s Vidhai that would air on August 15, 2010, 9am. Students would be seen to discuss their dreams and aspirations, what specialization they intend to pursue in their higher studies, future plans, financial status, family background, education and interest of subject in the presence of Actor Suriya. The special guest on the show would be Director Bala.

On speaking about the show, General Manager K.Sriram comments, “Vidhai was initially just a thought. That little spark had led us create this project which was joined hands by many. This indeed gives us the encouragement to make us achieve the required. Vijay TV has always believed in being socially responsible and has done little things to contribute to the betterment of the society. That is when we joined hands with Actor Suriya’s Agaram Foundation with the Vidhai project where many deprived students were benefited.

Those students who really understand the value of education would be taken care of completely from the first day of their college till they move on to face the real challenges of life. The five years of the child’s education would be taken care of. When this project was started on the day of Pongal, we had our own doubts whether we would be able to collect so much money. But then, when the donors started to contribute was when we realized that Vidhai is no more a thought, instead a movement”, continues Sriram.

We thank Agaram volunteers for having a constant monitoring over the students of Tamilnadu and choosing the most deserving among them. We thank Actor Suriya and Agaram for having partnered with us in this novel venture”, concludes K.Sriram, General Manager, Vijay TV.

Do not miss to watch ‘Vidhai Suriyavudan oru vetri payanam’ on Sunday, August 15, 2010 at 9am on Vijay TV.

Courtesy: Top10cinema[/tscii:f05c5939e2]

raghavendran
11th August 2010, 07:19 PM
this vidhai is a superb concept,hatts off to suriya and vijay tv for bringing this..evvolo students benefit arange..gr8 work surya. :clap:

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
13th August 2010, 03:17 AM
Awesome Surya - 10 facts about Surya - Kumudam Magazine Scans Dated: 18 - 8 - 10 (Upcoming issue) :

www.flickr.com/photos/hqsingamsurya/4884539195/sizes/l/

1) If he sees anyone smoking at shooting spot, he will advice them to quit smoking by giving them tips.

2) Surprises wife with Surprise gifts.

3) Switches off or keeps the hanset in silent mode and advices others also to do the same in shooting spot

4) Gives more attention to household goodies and wants them to be perfect, clean and stylish and also doesn't hesitate to buy the best of the lot.

www.flickr.com/photos/hqsingamsurya/4884539193/sizes/l/

5) Allots 20% of his all souces of income towards Agharam Foundations.

6) Likes to throw big party for friends, relatives and guests

7) Doesn't hesitate to rest the driver and drive himself whenever he's late for shooting or to accomplish some other errands.

8) Doesn't hesitate to change 10 - 15 dresses before going out if he isn't satisfied with his attire.

9) Shows lot of care towards daughter divya

10) During his childhood uses to wear favourite dresses and even doesn't bath for 3 - 4 days and continues to wear that dress. But now the opposite way.

Courtesy : Ashwin - ASFC Blog

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
13th August 2010, 12:09 PM
SURIYA AND THEIR DREAMS

www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/aug-10-02/suriya-agaram-13-08-10.html

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
13th August 2010, 05:51 PM
" Vidhai - Suriya udan Oru Vetri Payanam " - Telecast Schedule

~ Watch" Vidhai " curtain raiser on the 14th of Aug from 6 p.m in Vijay TV.

~ " Vidhai - Suriya udan oru vetri payanam " on the 15th August 2010 from 9 a.m in Vijay TV. (Main Event)

!!! DON'T MISS IT !!!

Stunning '' Vidhai '' Poster :

[html:e75f47103b]
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4118/4886225077_bcfe272980_z.jpg
[/html:e75f47103b]

Courtesy: ASFC

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
14th August 2010, 09:53 AM
[tscii:7afc4e9e33]In Pic : Surya with his fitness trainer Alkhas Joseph at Raktha Charithra Shooting Spot (http://i35.tinypic.com/2rrs9vt.jpg) :slurp: :slurp:

Celebrity trainers in demand (TOI, 14 Aug)

There can be no doubt that Chennai’s youngsters have taken to fitness and body building in a big way. The mushrooming of gyms all over the city, is a live testimony to this. But a recent trend (or fad) among young men aiming for the Adonis look, is approaching trainers who have helped tinseltown celebrities get their near-perfect, sculpted bodies.

Says Gadide Padmakar Rao, a fitness trainer who has worked with Shaam, Vishnu and some high-profile bodybuilders in the city, “Yes, we do see youngsters who approach us, primarily because we train celebrities. Quite a few of them want physiques similar to that of their matinee idol. But we don’t give them any false hopes. We analyse their body types and suggest workouts that suit them best. On the other hand, there are also those who believe that by training at our gyms, they could get acquainted with their favourite celebrities.”

Alkhas Joseph, the personal fitness trainer to actor Suriya, who is (in a manner of speaking), responsible for the actor’s enviable six-packs agrees. “I get several inquiries from youngsters in the age group of 18 to 25 years, who call me for consultation in fitness matters. Of course, their topmost priority is getting a six-pack like Suriya in the shortest possible time. I try explaining to them that it’s not a cakewalk and that it takes several man-hours of hard work, coupled with stringent diet norms. Only then can you aspire to achieve the so-called chiselled look,” he says.

“Inspired by their onscreen idol’s looks, a lot of people think that a fitness coach is all it takes to get the look. But ultimately, it boils down to the dedication of the individual and how much he is willing to push himself for the sake of his body. As far as possible, I avoid entertaining requests for private fitness training as a significant part of my time is dedicated to getting Suriya to look his best in his films. We had recently flown down to Vietnam in order to get the actor trained in a special martial arts course for his upcoming film. And trust me, the results are there for everyone to see,” he elaborates. :slurp:

Fitness trainer Varun, who has assisted a few stars in their workouts, says that youngsters who are serious about building their body, do not take the celebrity trainer route. “The serious types usually research about trainers and only approach those professionals who can deliver what they have in mind,” he concludes.[/tscii:7afc4e9e33]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
16th August 2010, 12:39 AM
Surya at Idea 57th Filmfare Awards Night:

www.onlysurya.com/photos/surya-at-57th-idea-filmfare-awards-2009-photos-583.html

Sivakumar still looking young :P ... Can anyone say who's next to Surya in the first photo ?? :confused2:

NOV
16th August 2010, 05:41 AM
Yuvan :P

Mahen
16th August 2010, 07:53 AM
Vinod, athu latest filmfare stills thaane? :roll: Other stars?you know who i meant :D

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
16th August 2010, 09:51 AM
:ty: Nov Sir ... Mahen anna, yes, it's the latest one ! Got it from Surya Fan Site... But niraya pics innum varala :shock: Dunno when it will arrive :sad: I also wanna see Ammu and all others :P

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
17th August 2010, 10:06 PM
[tscii:f1b0857b0e]Surya Releases “ Neeye Yen Kadhali ” Audio – Photo

www.onlysurya.com/photos/surya-releases-neeye-yen-kadhali-audio-photos-593.html[/tscii:f1b0857b0e]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
24th August 2010, 01:36 AM
Gautam on Surya ( Ananda Vikatan - 25/8/10 ) (http://i35.tinypic.com/30ndf0p.jpg)

Director Gautam's reply when he was asked: "You've brought the best of acting from both Surya and Simbu , in your experience who is the best among the two ? "

The above scan contains only his views on Surya.

GVM - " I narrated the KK script to Ajith, Vijay & Vikram but all turned down the offer citing that the second half isn't good and many reasons... Then due to Jo's recommendation Surya did the film for me. It gave me more audiences and it was after seeing Kaakha Kaakha that Kamal sir gave me an opportunity to do a film for him "

Courtesy : ASFC

VinodKumar's
24th August 2010, 02:04 AM
Vinodh,

Intha Aanda Vikatan book kooda intha ilavasa shampoo seepu powder lam tharalaya ? Usual la neenga athellam poduveengalae :roll:

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
24th August 2010, 04:20 AM
:lol: :notthatway: U have to see that scanned image in the link given above... Only those lines are given.. If other things are given, definitely i will give top to bottom details :P Adhu oru sappa matteru :neutral:

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
25th August 2010, 03:00 PM
[tscii:54b4fef96b]
SURIYA DOES IT FOR BOSS ENGIRA BASKARAN [Aug 25, 2010]

The audio of Boss Engira Baskaran is due to be launched in Chennai on Aug 27. The film, which stars Arya and Nayanthara, is directed by Rajesh and produced by KS Sreenivasan. The distribution rights of BEB have been procured by Udayanidhi Stalin’s Red Giant Movies.

The music for this film has been scored by Yuvan Shankar Raja. Film star Suriya will release the audio of BEB and music director Harris Jayaraj will receive the first copy.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/aug-10-04/suriya-boss-engira-baskaran-25-08-10.html [/tscii:54b4fef96b]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
25th August 2010, 03:08 PM
[tscii:1d11cce63f]
Suriya-Vijay-Dayanidhi Maaran Together ? [August 25, 2010]

Loyola College of Chennai holds special mention for having generated some of the most prominent personalities of Tamil film industry and politics. To be precise, the leading actors and filmmakers of Kollywood including Vijay, Suriya, Vikram, Vishal, Jeyam Ravi, directors SJ Surya, Vishnuvardhan and many other technicians, Dayanidhi Maaran, Udhayanidhi Stalin, NDTV Hindu editor Sanjay Pinto, Hindu editor N Ram and many others including recent arrival from CM Karunanidhi’s grandson Arulnidhi and many others on the rise have graduated from Loyola College.Being one of the highly rated 5 Star Colleges of India, Loyola College celebrates the Alumni Association and this year has invited the bigwigs.

It’s expected that Suriya and Vijay are also taking part as the correspondents have invited them personally. Union Minister P. Chidambaram, Dayanidhi Maaran and others have already confirmed their presence !

http://www.top10cinema.com/news/6216/suriya-vijay-dayanidhi-maaran-together [/tscii:1d11cce63f]

Parthyy
25th August 2010, 03:37 PM
GVM - " I narrated the KK script to Ajith, Vijay & Vikram but all turned down the offer citing that the second half isn't good and many reasons... Then due to Jo's recommendation Surya did the film for me. It gave me more audiences and it was after seeing Kaakha Kaakha that Kamal sir gave me an opportunity to do a film for him "

Courtesy : ASFC

As Ajith, Vijay & Vikram didnt act in GVM movie(Ajith didnt act because he was doing Anjineya no more police :banghead: and I remember in my school time read in one of vikrams interview to A.vikatan than he rejected GVM film as it is half-completed script and not good) ......

Surya got a star image after being cast by him(GVM).GVM is praising surya to the core..in the sense he is number 1,....like surya being a benchmark for oters(in this case Simbhu)...Rombho over.....

Surya number one.................maththa actors ........Simbhu number 2...... :lol: :lol: Muluchhukkongo............. :shock:

NOV
25th August 2010, 05:36 PM
Not only for GVM, for me too Surya is no. 1 (only after Kamal)
You don't have to agree, but neither do you need to banghead for this.

Vinod, instead of just posting news, why don;t you have discussions?

For instance I find Surya's chemistry with his heroines amazing. I found him to have fantastic chemistry with Tamana in Ayan and with Sameera in VA.

SuraTheLeader
25th August 2010, 06:05 PM

For instance I find Surya's chemistry with his heroines amazing. I found him to have fantastic chemistry with Tamana in Ayan and with Sameera in VA.

:yes: ACCEPTED........ SECOND ONE :think: REJECTED :lol:

With ASIN in GAJINI was GOOD, :2thumbsup: Though

Rajaruud
25th August 2010, 06:14 PM
Naan ready :mrgreen:

Parthyy
25th August 2010, 06:19 PM

Surya Thread Sudu pudithhu vittathu..........
Thirumaaran,Nov vaarungal.....................
:clap: :clap:

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
25th August 2010, 06:28 PM

Agreed, he shares stunning chemistry... The look of his eyes says everything.. Even Galatta magazine praised the onscreen chemistry of Surya-Anushka to the core :P

NOV
25th August 2010, 06:29 PM
Surya-Anushka didnt have any chemistry IMO.

Parthyy
25th August 2010, 06:37 PM
Who is emotional?
Since you are new here, I suggest you look around and watch how people have good natured discussions without crossing the limit.
This message is for all new hubbers.

...just like your opinion...its my opinion...
you dont have to agree...........thats it.............. 8-) 8-)This is NOT an opinion. This is how the Hub functions.

opinion illaamal....Neengalae sollungal........vaaru enna.........
Engalukkum english therium....

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
25th August 2010, 06:37 PM
Well, Singam wasn't my fav one but still many scenes between them were nice..

My pick is VA Sameera & Ayan :notworthy:

As many say, if one carefully looks at his eyes one will feel that magnetic pull... VA Train scene, Ayan Lip Locking scenes are few examples...

NOV
25th August 2010, 06:41 PM
Ayan Lip Locking scenes ...:shock: idhu eppO?

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
25th August 2010, 06:45 PM
:lol: That scene before Oyayee song !

Rose petal will be transferred to the other side :wink: If u see his eyes at that juncture, it will be so magnetic... Dunno if it's real but it was almost realistic :ashamed:

NOV
25th August 2010, 06:47 PM
Pls post the link for Mahen :yessir:

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
25th August 2010, 06:54 PM
I asked him but he said they were not real... That was the topic discussed in Tammu thread few days back !!

NOV
25th August 2010, 06:59 PM
I guess so too. Surya has been wholesome, so far.

Mahen
25th August 2010, 07:29 PM
Agree with Nov..Surya and Tammu had a terrific chemistry in Ayan..They should team up again for Kv Anand's next :)

HE had no chemistry with Anuska in singam...Many scenes i felt Anushka was waiting to pounce him..And her excessive skin show freaked Surya out i guess :lol:

Vinod, there werent any lip locks in Ayan..confirmed..ellame camera tricks

NOV
25th August 2010, 07:31 PM
Many scenes i felt Anushka was waiting to pounce him..:lol:

Asin & Sameera also suited him well.
I am allergic to Nayanthara, so no comments. 8-)

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
25th August 2010, 07:35 PM
Agreed ! :P Ya, i'm also waiting for KV.Anand's film with Surya.... Looks like a Mega Budget movie from initial news about it.

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
25th August 2010, 07:38 PM
Agree with Nov..Surya and Tammu had a terrific chemistry in Ayan..They should team up again for Kv Anand's next :)

HE had no chemistry with Anuska in singam...Many scenes i felt Anushka was waiting to pounce him..And her excessive skin show freaked out surya

:oops: Where is Mr.Thirumaran & Annan Honestraj :lol:

Thirumaran
26th August 2010, 12:00 PM

HE had no chemistry with Anuska in singam...Many scenes i felt Anushka was waiting to pounce him..And her excessive skin show freaked out surya

:oops: Where is Mr.Thirumaran & Annan Honestraj :lol:

anushkaa voada thiramaikku munnaala Suryaa emmaathiram :smokesmirk:

Thirumaran
26th August 2010, 12:11 PM

ethukku parottaa saapidavaa :roll:

BTW no doubt that Surya is no 1 as of now in the Current Generation stars both in popularity as well as acting Talent :yes:

subash43
26th August 2010, 12:18 PM

BTW no doubt that Surya is no 1 as of now in the Current Generation stars both in popularity as well as acting Talent :yes:

But How long :huh:

Thirumaran
26th August 2010, 12:21 PM

Of course, i had taken that into account. No one's place is permanent in this world :P

subash43
26th August 2010, 12:22 PM

Of course, i had taken that into account. No one's place is permanent in this world :P
:smokesmirk: :exactly:

SuraTheLeader
26th August 2010, 05:31 PM

I object this STRONGLY.............:yes:
If u r going to measure this only by recent SUCCESS then u r right.......
But the FACT remains the other way........
In POPULARITY still VIJAY/AJITH is Leading although their recent flicks didnt do that well in the BO
In ACTING talent VIKRAM can give a tight competition or even over-take SURIYA

Maniraj
26th August 2010, 05:40 PM
Voted for mounam pesiyadhae :P

I didnt like any other surya movie other than that :P

Riyazz
26th August 2010, 06:37 PM
I vote for mounam pesiate

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
27th August 2010, 12:36 AM
[tscii:ec853b53f2]
Suriya Launches ‘Bale Pandiya’ Official Website [August 26, 2010]

Handsome and charismatic star Suriya launched the official website of ‘Bale Pandiya’, directed by Siddarth, today morning. The official website http://balepandiya.com is designed by IndiaGlitz and this is the first time, we are launching an official website of a movie by a super star.

Suriya was thrilled to be part of the event as it was a first time for him too. Also present on the occasion was hero Vishnu, who was excited to see the website of his movie being launched. Produced by AGS Entertainment , ‘Bale Pandiya’ is hitting the screens on 3rd September 2010.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/events/23300.html

Click link for Launch video.[/tscii:ec853b53f2]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
27th August 2010, 12:40 AM
From above link : Surya is awesome in Black T-Shirt :thumbsup:

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
27th August 2010, 01:00 AM
[tscii:0e71e60c29]
Suriya-Harris Jayaraj Together for 'Boss Engira Baskaran'

Suriya strikes a close connection with director Rajesh. It is blatantly illustrious that Suriya launched the music of Rajesh’s debut directorial ‘Siva Manasula Sakthi’. And now, the filmmaker will again have Suriya launching the audio of his next film ‘Boss Engira Baskaran’.

Suriya and Harris Jayaraj have together swayed delivering successful films together from the days of ‘Kaakha Kaakha’, ‘Vaaranam Aayiram’, ‘Ayan’ and ‘Aadhavan’. In fact, their upcoming movie ‘7 AUM ARIVU’ with A.R. Murugadoss has already raised everyone’s expectations on higher levels. Since, Udhayanidhi Stalin haps to be the producer for both the films, the duo will be present to release the music of BEB.

The audio launch will be held on this Friday (August 27) at Satyam Cinemas at 6.30 p.m.The film is produced by Vasan Visual Ventures and was recently acquired by Aarya’s The Show People and Udhayanidhi Stalin. Yuvan Shankar Raja has scored music to the lyrical lines of Na. Muthukumar and already the song ‘Yaarendru Kettaen’ in teasers has grabbed everyone’s attention.

http://www.top10cinema.com/news/6218/suriya-harris-jayaraj-together-for-%27boss-engira-baskaran%27 [/tscii:0e71e60c29]

Thirumaran
27th August 2010, 02:43 PM

Welcome :boo:

In POPULARITY still VIJAY/AJITH is Leading although their recent flicks didnt do that well in the BO

In terms of fan base u may be right.. But that alone does not add up to popularity.. There are lot more section, mainly family.. As of Today Surya is much more popular among families and he is very much regarded by them as a very good actor and his movies to be much worthy... yaerkanavae vaera side fans kooda konjam intha pakkam vara aarambichaachu... eppadiyum Kamal fans mostly Surya va pidichidum.. and few more.. Overall paartha Surya would be having more without any doubt among this generation...

For me no and he cant take over Surya in any terms.

avven
27th August 2010, 02:55 PM
his movies to be much worthy...
aadhavan and singam padam enna vakayula worthy na :roll: ..intha discussion dig move panna veanamunu sollugana :twisted:

Thirumaran
27th August 2010, 03:12 PM
his movies to be much worthy...
aadhavan and singam padam enna vakayula worthy na :roll: ..

Naan pala thadava sollitaen avven.. In between few things like these are very much fine as audiences are of different varieties...

Personally for me Singam is entertaining.. Regarding aadhavan u are right... :P

avven
27th August 2010, 03:17 PM
aadutha surya padam ennathu :roll:

Thirumaran
27th August 2010, 03:20 PM
aadutha surya padam ennathu :roll:

Raktha charithra :roll:
And in Tamil i am pretty sure the movie will not run... But critical support nallaa irukkum nnu thoanuthu...

but athukaduththa movie blockbuster, yezhaam arivu :smokesmirk:

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
27th August 2010, 03:22 PM
After 7am arivu there is one project with KV.Anand :boo:

avven
27th August 2010, 03:53 PM
unga nalla manasuku neenga nenaikurath nadakanum :mrgreen:

Puliyan_Biryani
27th August 2010, 04:02 PM
nambikkaidhaan vaazhkai :lol:

Thirumaran
27th August 2010, 04:03 PM

nadakkum :noteeth:

Ramkumar86
27th August 2010, 04:37 PM

Welcome :boo:

In terms of fan base u may be right.. But that alone does not add up to popularity.. There are lot more section, mainly family.. As of Today Surya is much more popular among families and he is very much regarded by them as a very good actor and his movies to be much worthy... yaerkanavae vaera side fans kooda konjam intha pakkam vara aarambichaachu... eppadiyum Kamal fans mostly Surya va pidichidum.. and few more.. Overall paartha Surya would be having more without any doubt among this generation...

For me no and he cant take over Surya in any terms.

Definitely can't agree this. In families and mainly among kids vijay is more,more popular than surya.Bcoz of the recent flops may be his popularity can decrease, not not below of surya's.