Appu s
4th October 2009, 08:14 PM
...used to worry about living up to the expectations of being sivkumar's son

:rotfl3:

:rotfl2:

OnMyWay
4th October 2009, 11:16 PM
[tscii:e28e93b7ee]
". Sivaji, starring Rajnikanth, raked in close to Rs80 crore, while Suriya’s Ayan earned about Rs65 crore." .... :O[/tscii:e28e93b7ee]

NOV
11th October 2009, 09:46 AM
[tscii:19beed3e2e]
Please don’t compare me: Suriya

From Nagercoil to New York, Suriya is the new box office baron in Kollywood. He has had a hat-trick of hits in the last 20 months, with Ayan being his biggest hit till date. Taking time off his busy schedule, Suriya opened up to TOI on Aadhavan, his star status, and future projects.

It is going to be a cracker of a Deepavali for you as Aadhavan is releasing ...

I’m a bit tense. A lot is riding on Aadhavan, as it is the first time KS Ravikumar sir is doing a film with me. Both of us are coming together after delivering individual superhits with Dasavatharam and Ayan creating their own benchmarks.

The story of Aadhavan in a nutshell...

I play Aadhavan, a paid assassin in Kolkata. What happens in his life is what the film is all about. I would like to describe the film as a family entertainer, that is laced with good music by Harris Jayaraj. The film also has some superbly choreographed action scenes. I jumped off the Vidyasagar bridge in Kolkata, with just an ordinary rope as a safety measure.

You always try to move away from the beaten track and do something different in each film. How’s Aadhavan going to be different?

(Laughs) Every film is a new experience for me and I try to be as innovative as possible. Here, for the first time, I appear as a 10-year-old boy in a particular scene. Though I can’t reveal how we did it, Ravikumar sir made it possible. After seeing the rushes, I think it has come out as good as Brad Pitt’s look in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.

The trade says that you are a bit of Rajini and Kamal, as you walk the tight rope between mass, B and C centres and upmarket multiplex audiences.

Please don’t compare me with the masters. Their achievements have been truly magnificent. For me, all classes of audience are important. The single screen audiences in rural areas and the multiplex goers in cities are the people who made me. My next release, Hari sir’s Singam, has me playing a larger- than-life village cop. He has made it possible for me to penetrate the B and C stations with films like Aaru and Vel.

Are you playing a villain in your debut Bollywood venture, Ram Gopal Varma’s Raktha Charitra?

The film is a two-part biopic on the faction leaders of the Rayalseema area in Andhra. Vivek Oberoi is supposed to be playing the protagonist Parithala Ravi, while I play his rival Mattal Suri. It is a realistic film made in RGV style and I will be shooting for the film sometime in February next year. Once that is completed, I will be starting Murgadoss’s film.

The grapevine has it that you are learning Hindi

(Smiles) Yes, it’s true. For the last one month, I have a Hindi professor from Madurai, teaching me the language. Jo is also helping me learn Hindi. I would like to dub in my own voice for RGV’s film.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/regional/news-interviews/Please-dont-compare-me-Suriya/articleshow/5101803.cms[/tscii:19beed3e2e]

NOV
19th October 2009, 07:09 AM
[tscii:94c11b23c2]
Suriya Plays His Cards

Not many Bollywood fans outside of India will have heard of Suriya at this point, but the Chennai-born actor is likely to become Bollywood’s next big superstar - the main reason being that underneath his charm, agility and acumen, he knows how to act!

Groomed in the hothouse of Kollywood over the last ten years, Suriya has already won three Filmfare awards for Pithamagan, Perazhagen and this year for Vaaranam Aayiram. Amazingly, he didn’t win a Filmfare award for his stunning performance in Ghajini - more importantly, however, he did win the attention of Aamir Khan and national recognition when his performance was often compared as on a par with the Great Khan himself.

Now Suriya has been cast in the RGV film Raktha Charitra, together with Vivek Oberoi. "I'm excited, not because it's a Hindi film, but because it's a Ram Gopal Varma film,” he says, “He knows how to bring out the best in an actor." Raktha Charitra is already causing enormous media interest and looks like being another RGV underworld triumph, being compared to The Godfather series. Set in the murky world of factional Andhra Pradesh politics, corruption and Naxalite rebellion, the five hour movie will be split into two parts, released three months apart. It tells the tragic story of populist politician Paritala Ravindra and has already led to threats against RGV from Ravindra loyalists.

Meanwhile, Suriya’s lists of triumphs continue. Following Vaaranam Aayiram and the enormously popular Ayan this year, he has stolen the show at the Deepavali celebrations with his new movie Aadhavan. Directed by KS Dasavatharam Ravikumar, the movie is a constant crowd-pleaser with Suriya looking at his raffish best and Nayanthara looking more beautiful than ever. The on-screen magic between the two stars is there for all to see. Suriya plays a black-and-white character effortlessly. As a hit man for hire, he looks menacing and instantly frightening, but as a lovestruck hero, he comes across equally convincingly as an innocent boy next door - at one point, he even successfully plays himself as a ten-year-old! Full of comedy, music, magic and a little menace, the script rattles along at a fine old pace producing the kind of family-oriented mass-market masala movie that Bollywood seems to find it difficult to produce these days. A great triumph for all concerned![/tscii:94c11b23c2]

Aalavanthan
21st October 2009, 03:09 PM
Watched the diwali special program "Kofee with Anu" with Surya and U.Stalin.

Surya confirms that he was approached by Bala with a script to cast alongside his bro Karthi - but due to some reasons Surya was not able to accept the film. He was visibly seen guilty for this.

All speculations about U.Stalin starting as hero has come to an end. He said that Dharani has already approached him with a script with USt as the hero .. Our new hero has also started to go to gym followed by dance and fight classes, he told :(

Surya was more matured in the interview and has become a senior person in the industry. He applauded the progress of Dhanush as an actor for his performances and his recent continuous hits.

Surya as always was charming but was different with "veRapu" look maybe due to Singam !

More importantly, he spoke about his guru Kamal and how he managed to collect the posters of Nayagan and pasted them in his room. USt also joined Surya by saying that he is a fan of Kamal. He with couple of other friends watched Guna when his other friends went to Dhalapathy on the release date !

Ust. is keen to produce a movie with Kamal - he said ! -- appadiyae andha marmayogiyaiyum marudhanayagathaiyum produce pannalamae !

Bala (Karthik)
21st October 2009, 03:13 PM
Ust. is keen to produce a movie with Kamal - he said !
<Dig>
He already met Thalaivar a couple of times (before Dasa release i think) for asking Thalaivar to do a film for him

Aalavanthan
21st October 2009, 03:17 PM
Ust. is keen to produce a movie with Kamal - he said !
<Dig>
He already met Thalaivar a couple of times (before Dasa release i think) for asking Thalaivar to do a film for him

Ohh ! Enndhiran kai maarana maadhiri Marmayogi-ya Red Giant eduthirukaalam.. would have been a wonderful competition !

Ayngaran -> Sun pictures -> Endhiran -> promo Sun TV, dinakaran
Pyramid -> Red Giant -> Marmayogi -> promo Kalaignar TV, rest of the news papers :)

Plum
21st October 2009, 04:12 PM
I dont think Ust will sponsor Marma Yogi or Marudhan. They'll look to make a quick buck at Kamal's expense(creative not finaincial) is my feeling.

Plum
21st October 2009, 04:14 PM
[tscii:2636b6f9a1]
but the Chennai-born actor is likely to become Bollywood’s next big superstar

...adhu sari![/tscii:2636b6f9a1]

equanimus
21st October 2009, 04:19 PM
Surya confirms that he was approached by Bala with a script to cast alongside his bro Karthi - but due to some reasons Surya was not able to accept the film. He was visibly seen guilty for this.
Oh, is it? I saw parts of this one, didn't catch this part. ivangaLukku padhilA thAn Vishal and Arya 'vA?

P_R
21st October 2009, 04:20 PM
[tscii:a51058f35e]
but the Chennai-born actor is likely to become Bollywood’s next big superstar

...adhu sari![/tscii:a51058f35e] Mixed emotions for you, isn't it ? :lol2:

Bala (Karthik)
21st October 2009, 04:22 PM
I dont think Ust will sponsor Marma Yogi or Marudhan. They'll look to make a quick buck at Kamal's expense(creative not finaincial) is my feeling.
That seemed to be the case from what i heard. Poori Jagannath perellam adi pattudhu :lol:

Aalavanthan
21st October 2009, 04:23 PM
Oh, is it? I saw parts of this one, didn't catch this part. ivangaLukku padhilA thAn Vishal and Arya 'vA?

Ivangaluku badhilaa thaan.. enna seiyardhu :(.. the entire episode is in Techsatish equa.

Aalavanthan
21st October 2009, 04:25 PM

True. you cannot expect a class movie from a producer who gave Kuruvi & Aadhavan. But as Ramkumar Ganesan told over the phone in Kalaignar TV " We are all looking forward to see Kamal romancing with heroines around the trees and fighting the ass out of the villain in the climax " Idhukaavadhu USt. vazhi panuvaaranu paarpom !

Plum
21st October 2009, 04:26 PM
That seemed to be the case from what i heard. Poori Jagannath perellam adi pattudhu :lol:

nenachEn!

Plum
21st October 2009, 04:41 PM

True. you cannot expect a class movie from a producer who gave Kuruvi & Aadhavan. But as Ramkumar Ganesan told over the phone in Kalaignar TV " We are all looking forward to see Kamal romancing with heroines around the trees and fighting the ass out of the villain in the climax " Idhukaavadhu USt. vazhi panuvaaranu paarpom !

nInga vEra, Ramkumar sivaji films-kAga apdi adi pOtturuppAr :-)

Plum
21st October 2009, 04:44 PM

Ivangaluku badhilaa thaan.. enna seiyardhu :(.. the entire episode is in Techsatish equa.

RGV-ai nambi pOrApla. enakkannamo, suryakku ketta kaalam thodangudhunnu thOnaradhu! Paritala Ravi has enough material in his life to make an interesting film - although Balakrishna can claim that he has mined all such material already with Samarasimha Reddys and Narasimha Naidus - but RGV in current form doesnt inspire much confidence. Bala padam was possibly a safer bet.

P_R
21st October 2009, 04:59 PM
But, Bala padam eduthu mudikka 5 varusham aagumE.

adhu mattumillAma Surya indhi pEsuradhai naan kEkkaNum :lol2:

littlemaster1982
21st October 2009, 05:02 PM

I read this in the tone of "avan alarra sattham en kaadhula kekkanum" :lol:

P_R
21st October 2009, 05:03 PM

I read this in the tone of "avan alarra sattham en kaadhula kekkanum" :lol: :lol:

Plum
21st October 2009, 05:06 PM

:lol:

Aalavanthan
21st October 2009, 05:08 PM
RGV-ai nambi pOrApla. enakkannamo, suryakku ketta kaalam thodangudhunnu thOnaradhu! Paritala Ravi has enough material in his life to make an interesting film - although Balakrishna can claim that he has mined all such material already with Samarasimha Reddys and Narasimha Naidus - but RGV in current form doesnt inspire much confidence. Bala padam was possibly a safer bet.

KSR called up USt. while shooting in S. Afri for Adhavan and said "indha paiyan enna sonnaalum kekka maataenguraar.. thaanae dupe illaama nadikiraennu solraar" about Surya.

But on the other hand, we hope that RGV creates the same magic as he did with Company. PR sonnadhu maadhiri, I want to see Surya talking Hindi ! :yes:

Adhukum inga sila punniyavaangal Surya hindi seriya pesalainnu varum. :notthatway:

On a serious note, Surya might have already given the dates for RGV as we have been hearing this news for months now. So its bad luck for Bala to go with Arya and Vishal.

Aalavanthan
21st October 2009, 05:08 PM

equanimus
21st October 2009, 05:09 PM
And I read it in the same tone as "avar pORadha nAn pAkkaNum!" I think PR subconsciously referred to this line. :)

Appu s
21st October 2009, 05:09 PM
surya given dates to RGV from next year april nga

littlemaster1982
21st October 2009, 05:10 PM
And I read it in the same tone as "avar pORadha nAn pAkkaNum!" I think PR subconsciously referred to this line. :)

Oh yeah, I missed this line. Engaiyo idikkudhennu paarthen :oops:

P_R
21st October 2009, 05:11 PM

:exactly:

It is such a throwaway line without much 'intended' significance in the film that I thought it would not be remembered by many

Appu s
21st October 2009, 05:13 PM
. PR sonnadhu maadhiri, I want to see Surya talking Hindi ! :yes:

neenga athai serious aa eduthutenga pola :P :oops:

Aalavanthan
21st October 2009, 05:18 PM

My bad.. PR neutral-ngradha marandhutaen naan :)

btw, I cannot recall this "avar pORadha nAn pAkkaNum!".. Pls. helpu !

Plum
21st October 2009, 05:18 PM
AV, Surya-voda upper-bracket English-E(Ayan) was :lol:
Indhillaam....as I said, Madhavan has a natural advantage there. Again, Maddy cant be anything other than a Chennai vaasi convincingly in Tamil movies-ngaradhu vEra vishayam.

Plum
21st October 2009, 05:19 PM

My bad.. PR neutral-ngradha marandhutaen naan :)

avaru neetral illEnga. suryar fan-nga

littlemaster1982
21st October 2009, 05:20 PM

Nagesh to Nasser and his dad. "Enna Avinashi, katchi maarittiya?" scene.

Aalavanthan
21st October 2009, 05:23 PM
I am starting to be a Surya supporter here.. Appadi nu paatha Kamal came from a village in the mid century where Hindi was a strict taboo in TN. Avar adhaiyellam thaandi poi Hindi kathutu and he want on to direct couple of hindi films ! I can have many examples on this. But andha kaalathula ppl. used to appreciate that a person (Kamal) from Chennai speaks very good hindi and has acted in blockbuster hindi movies.

But its a different situation now. All I can say is that Surya has the ability to pull this off like his mentor or who knows, he may have the accent of Telugu-ite speaking Hindi for this movie.

Ayanla, I think he spoke in English the same way a middle class smuggler would speak.. I meant fake english.. adhanaala thaan ennamo.. I can take examples of Ghajini and Kaaka Kaaka for his English abilities.. Enga college aachae :D

Aalavanthan
21st October 2009, 05:28 PM
avaru neetral illEnga. suryar fan-nga

aaha.. indha matter enaku idhu varaikum theriyaadha pochae baa :cool2:

P_R
21st October 2009, 05:28 PM
Ayanla, I think he spoke in English the same way a middle class smuggler would speak.. I meant fake english..
idhaiyE dhaanga naan sonnEn. oththukkavE mAttEnuttAnga.

I can take examples of Ghajini and Kaaka Kaaka for his English abilities.. ayyagO !

Enga college aachae :D edhu ?

Aalavanthan
21st October 2009, 05:33 PM
I can take examples of Ghajini and Kaaka Kaaka for his English abilities.. ayyagO !

Venaamaa.. seri vidungO. Singam padathula Suryar oru muzhu neela english dialogue pesuvaarnu nambuvom :)

Enga college aachae :D edhu ?
Lo-Yo-La ! :yes:

Appu s
21st October 2009, 05:35 PM

Plum
21st October 2009, 05:35 PM
AV, vijay kooda unga college dhaanE? Avaraiyum unga aattathula sErthukka mAttIngaLA? ;-)

Plum
21st October 2009, 05:36 PM
Ayanla, I think he spoke in English the same way a middle class smuggler would speak.. I meant fake english..
idhaiyE dhaanga naan sonnEn. oththukkavE mAttEnuttAnga.

nInga same matter Anniyanukku oputhukkunga. idhai oputhukkarOm.

equanimus
21st October 2009, 05:39 PM
Indhillaam....as I said, Madhavan has a natural advantage there.
Plum,
In 'ayan', I think it's a bit more nuanced because Surya isn't supposed to play it straight. He speaks like a lower middle-class guy who's trying to speak fluent English unsuspiciously. And again I want to make the same point as in the other thread. I think you're barking up the wrong tree. What's the percentage of population which speaks English the way Madhavan does? What's really the natural advantage that he has? Perhaps it's just the ability to be the "other."

Aalavanthan
21st October 2009, 05:42 PM
AV, vijay kooda unga college dhaanE? Avaraiyum unga aattathula sErthukka mAttIngaLA? ;-)

EDHU VIJAY Loyola-vaaa.. Indha matter enaku ippa thaan ga theriyum. I know Sibiraj was a student of Loyola, namma Aparna from Pudhukottai is also from Loyola, Pandu-voda son also studied in Loyola, me and the computer hacker frm UPO sat in the same class in Loyola ..

AANAA Vijay loyola-athaan padichaarnu yaarume sollalaingo.. Appadiyoru symptomsum onnum kaanomae :? :wink:

Aalavanthan
21st October 2009, 05:45 PM
Indhillaam....as I said, Madhavan has a natural advantage there.
Plum,
In 'ayan', I think it's a bit more nuanced because Surya isn't supposed to play it straight. He speaks like a lower middle-class guy who's trying to speak fluent English unsuspiciously. And again I want to make the same point as in the other thread. I think you're barking up the wrong tree. What's the percentage of population which speaks English the way Madhavan does? What's really the natural advantage that he has? Perhaps it's just the ability to be the "other."
Thats exactly my point.. English mozhiyai Tamil padathula podavae koodaadhunu oru kootaam. Andha kootam also came victorious to have Tamil films to be named in Tamil (pokkiri, milagai, etc)

Appadiyae yaaravadhu onnu rendu paerum englishla pesanaa, oru group avar neraiya english use panraar nu pechu., innoru group ennaiyaa avan english pesaraannu. Adhuvae Vadivelu thapu thappaa english pesanaa sirichi rasikardhuku entire tamil nadu-ae kalambidum

Ippa enna thaan panna solreenga :)

MADDY
21st October 2009, 05:50 PM
What's the percentage of population which speaks English the way Madhavan does? What's really the natural advantage that he has? Perhaps it's just the ability to be the "other."

but when u play GM's heroes, who are a part of that madhavan's english zone, u need to talk good english - madhavan carried it pretty superbly in Minnale, can u say that for surya?? ok, world doesent end in GM's movies, but u had Ghajini - coundry's toppest rich man - forget it .....

again, speaking english is not the greatest criteria that we are looking for, but for a person who aspires to be nest kamalhaasar and when kamal fans hype so - i mean dont u think he should be good in "other" as well when u thing u r as good as kamal?

Aalavanthan
21st October 2009, 06:01 PM
but when u play GM's heroes, who are a part of that madhavan's english zone, u need to talk good english - madhavan carried it pretty superbly in Minnale, can u say that for surya?? ok, world doesent end in GM's movies, but u had Ghajini - coundry's toppest rich man - forget it .....

It's unfair to compare Madhavan's english knowledge with Surya's. Its the same way as you cant compare Surya's versatility and passion towards cinema to Madhavan's (I cant imagine Maddy doing a six pack just for the sake of cinema. NO) I think its the director's work (GM here) to correct the language that the heroes speak. The end result is the director's approved version. Ofcourse, we have the right to question both hero and directors here !

again, speaking english is not the greatest criteria that we are looking for, but for a person who aspires to be nest kamalhaasar and when kamal fans hype so - i mean dont u think he should be good in "other" as well when u thing u r as good as kamal?

:notthatway: ONE India, ONE Tamil Nadu - ONLY One Kamal. (pudhusaa edhaachum try pannalaamnu thaan ) :) Surya is definitely following footsteps of his mentor, or atleast he claims !

Some of us are trying to be Gandhi, but are we the next ?

But you are right, he is one among other Saga's in Kamalji's nest the actual Nest :)

MADDY
21st October 2009, 06:16 PM

It's unfair to compare Madhavan's english knowledge with Surya's. Its the same way as you cant compare Surya's versatility and passion towards cinema to Madhavan's (I cant imagine Maddy doing a six pack just for the sake of cinema. NO)

unga languvej-laye ketkuren - u think kamal selected madhavan ahead of surya for anbe sivam, without checking the passion quotient?

also, by this analgoy, Arnold is a better actor than De Niro * :D

*i decalre that surya is not equal to arnold and madhavan is not equal to De Niro.......btw, i have had enuf of surya-maddy fights- i;m still sore abt madhavan's loss in the poll - so i'll not dwell into that......a person who is aspiring/hyped up to be next kamal and a person who is supposed to be better than best of bollywood - he needs to be a all rounder......

Aalavanthan
21st October 2009, 06:22 PM
unga languvej-laye ketkuren - u think kamal selected madhavan ahead of surya for anbe sivam, without checking the passion quotient?

Maddy, Anbae Sivam was released in 2003.. 2002 varaikum Surya yaarunae theriyaama irundhuchu.. Then came Nantha and thats when people started to notice Surya. Surya was out of the question straight away.

And oh btw, I am not an Anti-Maddy, its just that Maddy came in the way when we speak abt Englifishu and am a fan of his Kannathil, Ayudha ezhuthu (who can forget "maanga adi") !

NOV
21st October 2009, 06:23 PM
maddy or surya, no difference in spoken english... to the non-Indian, its all :lol:

pls dont split hair and pls refrain from comparing. :sigh2: (plum is the culprit) :rant:

equanimus
21st October 2009, 06:28 PM
Maddy,
Firstly, I don't think one needs to speak good English to be as good as some great actor, or simply a good actor. Period. Secondly, what's with the halo around Kamal's English? nEththu kUda oru interview pAththEn. He used the article "an" incorrectly ("an year") twice in it.

MADDY
21st October 2009, 06:35 PM
Maddy,
Firstly, I don't think one needs to speak good English to be as good as some great actor, or simply a good actor. Period. Secondly, what's with the halo around Kamal's English? nEththu kUda oru interview pAththEn. He used the article "an" incorrectly ("an year") twice in it.

even i said, English is not the only criteria to judge a actor....when people hype him to be the best, i expect him to be good in roles that are "out of his zone"* - illaya? adhu oru criteria-ve illaya? vittudren :D

*out of surya zone = englishfied urbane coffee day characters

Bala (Karthik)
21st October 2009, 06:42 PM
nEththu kUda oru interview pAththEn. He used the article "an" incorrectly ("an year") twice in it.
well.. ahh.. ahh...

Remember reading in AV, "Aan VednasdE" :lol:

equanimus
21st October 2009, 06:47 PM
Maddy,
Yes, I understood that you're talking about playing characters that are "out of one's comfort zone." If your point is really about that, you should perhaps criticise Surya on those lines -- that he's typeset as an actor, that he plays the same kind of characters and so on. But being fluent in many languages is a different thing altogether. Everyone has their own limits. (At least for me, it isn't a useful yardstick to estimate an actor.) So, when you talk about English, the question that would automatically raise is "why?" Why English? For instance, Telugu is spoken by a lot more people than English in Tamilnadu. Would you set that as a criterion as well?

kid-glove
21st October 2009, 07:03 PM
Aadhavan is insufferable, and resoundingly bad. And I liked Ayan.

Surya :lol2:

equanimus
21st October 2009, 07:09 PM
Thilak,
He he, pAththAchchA? Good. I might watch it some time this week. Story is by Ramesh Kanna.

Plum
21st October 2009, 07:11 PM
comparing. (plum is the culprit)

adhula paarunga, naan apdi solla pOI dhaan equa vandhu passionate-A defend pandrAr.*

* that might or might not have been my intention ;-)

Nerd
21st October 2009, 07:17 PM
Anu, "acting-la yaaru ungaLukku kampadison"-nu kEttuchu. Suryar maddy pErai sollavE illai.. :twisted:

Well actually, Maddy suryar range ellAm illai, adhaiyum thaaNdi punithamaanavar.

MADDY
21st October 2009, 07:18 PM
Maddy,
Yes, I understood that you're talking about playing characters that are "out of one's comfort zone." If your point is really about that, you should perhaps criticise Surya on those lines -- that he's typeset as an actor, that he plays the same kind of characters and so on. But being fluent in many languages is a different thing altogether. Everyone has their own limits. (At least for me, it isn't a useful yardstick to estimate an actor.) So, when you talk about English, the question that would automatically raise is "why?" Why English? For instance, Telugu is spoken by a lot more people than English in Tamilnadu. Would you set that as a criterion as well?

his "out of zone" characters required him to speak well in English, adhaan English point-e......

Aalavanthan
21st October 2009, 07:21 PM
Anu, "acting-la yaaru ungaLukku kampadison"-nu kEttuchu. Suryar maddy pErai sollavE illai.. :twisted:

Well actually, Maddy suryar range ellAm illai, adhaiyum thaaNdi punithamaanavar.

Nerd, I think Surya said, all actors are my competitors ! Maybe he missed Maddy's name verbally.

equanimus
21st October 2009, 07:26 PM
his "out of zone" characters required him to speak well in English, adhaan English point-e......
Examples? Excepting the films of Gautham who quite obviously has a sort of subconscious adolescent admiration/attraction towards the West.

Nerd
21st October 2009, 07:28 PM

Nerd, I think Surya said, all actors are my competitors ! Maybe he missed Maddy's name verbally.
"EllA actors-um competition" - Diplomacy.

But he did mention Ajith, Vijay, Vikram and Dhanush.

MADDY
21st October 2009, 07:34 PM
Examples? Excepting the films of Gautham who quite obviously has a sort of subconscious adolescent admiration/attraction towards the West.

this accusation is mainly for GM;s movies only......he ventured out of his zone in GM's movies and Ghajini only......do u have examples of him coming out of his zone and winning

equanimus
21st October 2009, 07:36 PM
And I hope you see that it's not at all a coincidence that this isn't a common requirement in Tamil films. To put it differently, if it was indeed "commonplace" for a character in a Tamil film to speak fluent English, naturally there would have been many actors (even if not Surya) to fill in the requirement by playing that role.

Aalavanthan
21st October 2009, 07:37 PM

"EllA actors-um competition" - Diplomacy.

But he did mention Ajith, Vijay, Vikram and Dhanush.

Enaku yaarum competition ilainu solradhu thaan enaku therinji diplomacy.. ellaar actors solradhu its a striaght forward answer.. to be honest, avar Ajith, Vijay, Dhanush ellam sollumbodhu enakae Maddy nyabagam varala .. avaruku eppadi vandhirukum ? :oops:

equanimus
21st October 2009, 07:38 PM
he ventured out of his zone in GM's movies and Ghajini only......do u have examples of him coming out of his zone and winning
idhu vERa topic. :) Till now, I wasn't defending Surya, but arguing that not being able to speak English well is irrelevant, especially so for Tamil films.

Now coming this question: pithAmagan, Aydha ezhuththu ellAm comfort zone dhAnungaLA?

equanimus
21st October 2009, 07:41 PM
By the way, I don't have a clear opinion on who's the better actor between Surya and Madhavan. therinju enna seyyaRadhunnu vittuttEn.

Plum
21st October 2009, 07:51 PM
By the way, I don't have a clear opinion on who's the better actor between Surya and Madhavan. therinju enna seyyaRadhunnu vittuttEn.

same here. I was also not complaining that he cant speak English well. But obviously, he cant speak English as well as Maddy. That is a fact. Not even Surya fans can claim otherwise.
To recycle myself, Surya learning indhi from maduraiwallah indhi teacher and sodhiga(hat tip: the irrepressible B(K) ) is so pointless for acting in a hindi movie touching upon a telugu warlord. And I dont think he can ever speak indhi fluently to become a "bolly superstar" as was propounded here. avLO dhaan. Indhi therinja maddy-E bolly-la star illai. ivaru pOi superstar-A varuvarAmA?

As such, I confessed long back that I really am not able to take sides in this Surya vs Maddy contest.

MADDY
21st October 2009, 07:52 PM
he ventured out of his zone in GM's movies and Ghajini only......do u have examples of him coming out of his zone and winning
idhu vERa topic. :) Till now, I wasn't defending Surya, but arguing that not being able to speak English well is irrelevant, especially so for Tamil films.

Now coming this question: pithAmagan, Aydha ezhuththu ellAm comfort zone dhAnungaLA?

pithamagan - pretty much in his zone, Ayutha ezhuthu - yes, out of zone, but maniratnam factor looms large.....but i do concede, he was very good......

Plum
21st October 2009, 07:55 PM
Maddy, given what Surya was in Nerukku Ner and until Nandha, every role that he does is out of his comfort zone-ngaraen :-)

equanimus
21st October 2009, 07:58 PM
pithamagan - pretty much in his zone
enna kodumai Maddy idhu? Sakthikkum Suryavukkum ennanga sammandham?!

MADDY
21st October 2009, 08:01 PM
Maddy, given what Surya was in Nerukku Ner and until Nandha, every role that he does is out of his comfort zone-ngaraen :-)

most improved actor, yes but does it make him the best ? maybe but i dont agree :D

kid-glove
21st October 2009, 08:04 PM
Story is by Ramesh Kanna.
Biggest casualty. :lol:

Good. I might watch it some time this week.
Enga, Ivalo dhooram solren. Idhukku thaan oru Ebert vEnnum. I Hated, Hated, Hated This Movie-nu edhavudhu solli ennaku sumaar oru 300 roobai save pannirupaar. :lol:

Plum
21st October 2009, 08:07 PM

most improved actor, yes but does it make him the best ? maybe but i dont agree :D

andha best veLayAttukku nAn varala. I am genuinely undecided on this.

MADDY
21st October 2009, 08:08 PM

ippadi ellam sonna, madhavan mattum A.Ars-oda cousin brothera?? :lol: ..

it was a character from rural TN, with tamil dialogues and mannerisms of a person in rural parts, which surya must have seen and lived with.....

equanimus
21st October 2009, 08:08 PM
Thilak,
summA pOi okkAndhuttu vara vENdiyadhu dhAn. inga varRa thamizh padangaLla major films ellAmE pAkkaRadhu vazhakkam. "Just oru idhu."

Plum
21st October 2009, 08:12 PM

ippadi ellam sonna, madhavan mattum A.Ars-oda cousin brothera?? :lol: ..

it was a character from rural TN, with tamil dialogues and mannerisms of a person in rural parts, which surya must have seen and lived with.....

avuha apparai solreeyaLA? Sivakumar was the suave, stylish gendilman hero of his times-nu solvaanga :lol:

kid-glove
21st October 2009, 08:16 PM
Surya is actually living up to my prediction of bettering Aamir khan. With films like Aadhavan, Surya reprises the pathetic run of films & roles Aamir was doing at a comparable juncture of his career, and better yet, he has gone shoddy in unimaginable ways. :lol:

equanimus
21st October 2009, 08:21 PM
Eh? nAn pArththa aLavu (which is close to nought) rural TN 'ai pArththiruppArA 'ngRadhE sandhEgam dhAn. sondhabandhangaL Pollachchi pakkam irukkuRAnga 'ngRa orE kAraNaththukkAga ennennavo pEsuringaLE.

Villages in different parts of Tamilnadu are not the same! And just because you've been to or lived in a village doesn't mean that any role from that milieu is within your comfort zone! Going by this logic, Inba is in Maddy's comfort zone because it's a city-based role.

Aalavanthan
21st October 2009, 08:21 PM
Surya is actually living up to my prediction of bettering Aamir khan. With films like Aadhavan, Surya reprises the pathetic run of films & roles Aamir was doing at a comparable juncture of his career, and better yet, he has gone shoddy in unimaginable ways. :lol: Writing it off ! vera ennatha solla :roll:

Plum
21st October 2009, 08:24 PM
Eh? nAn pArththa aLavu (which is close to nought) rural TN 'ai pArththiruppArA 'ngRadhE sandhEgam dhAn. sondhabandhangaL Pollachchi pakkam irukkuRAnga 'ngRa orE kAraNaththukkAga ennennavo pEsuringaLE.

Villages in different parts of Tamilnadu are not the same! And just because you've been to or lived in a village doesn't mean that any role from that milieu is within your comfort zone! Going by this logic, Inba is in Maddy's comfort zone because it's a city-based role.

enna dhAn nInga Suryava support paNNalanu sonnAlum, Maddya-ai inge izhukkaradhulErundhu enakku orE doubt-A irukku...;-)
(PR, idhuvavadhu nice-try-A nikkAma konjam perusA vaLarudhAnnu paarpOm :lol: )

Aalavanthan
21st October 2009, 08:25 PM

enna dhAn nInga Suryava support paNNalanu sonnAlum, Maddya-ai inge izhukkaradhulErundhu enakku orE doubt-A irukku...;-)
(PR, idhuvavadhu nice-try-A nikkAma konjam perusA vaLarudhAnnu paarpOm :lol: )

ha ha .. enakku ennamo NOV oru dhooramaa nikkara maadhiri theriyudhu doi :)

equanimus
21st October 2009, 08:25 PM
No, no, as a matter of fact, I thought hard to pick a different example. Particularly some role of Kamal. But Kamal oru street-side criminal'A nadichcha padam Edhum gnAbagaththukku varala.

kid-glove
21st October 2009, 08:26 PM
Yeah, Surya was doing a character close to Bala's comfort zone. Whatever the milieu, it's safe to assume that. When it comes to filmmakers like Kamal, Bala, Mani, etc ( even GM :lol: ). They have full control over their characterizations, and closest to being 'auteur'! If you watch their films closely, you'll get what I mean. :)

Nerd
21st October 2009, 08:30 PM
Sari sari 10 year old gettup youteep-la vandhuruchA? :lol2:

app_engine
21st October 2009, 08:30 PM
Kamal oru street-side criminal'A nadichcha padam

savAl / MMKR

equanimus
21st October 2009, 08:32 PM
app_engine,
Yeah, that one. And sattam en kaiyil, iru nilavugal etc. But perusA solRA mAdhiri edhuvum illai.

equanimus
21st October 2009, 08:33 PM
Oh yeah, MMKR is a real good one!

Nerd
21st October 2009, 08:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O37s1kVpX8o :rotfl3:

Aalavanthan
21st October 2009, 08:46 PM

:clap: :clap: This kind of CG was not even handled in the western world ! Kudos to the team ..

mareen
21st October 2009, 08:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O37s1kVpX8o :rotfl3:itha scenuku thaan appadi scene pottangala :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jyothsna
21st October 2009, 08:54 PM

Close up la kaamikkarathuthan Surya va :confused2:

MADDY
21st October 2009, 09:06 PM

ennanga idhu, tamilnadu rural ellam oru alavukku onnu dhaan(cutting down the nuances), adhum vera train-la gundoosi vikkura character ellam - pedestraina paakkuradhu dhaan.......unga logic padi, anything other than surya,actor himself is "out of zone" dhaan...... :lol:

VENKIRAJA
21st October 2009, 09:13 PM
No, no, as a matter of fact, I thought hard to pick a different example. Particularly some role of Kamal. But Kamal oru street-side criminal'A nadichcha padam Edhum gnAbagaththukku varala.
Savaal? Not exactly criminal though.
"nee padicha school-la nAn headmaster da" :smokesmirk:

equanimus
21st October 2009, 09:21 PM
ennanga idhu, tamilnadu rural ellam oru alavukku onnu dhaan(cutting down the nuances), adhum vera train-la gundoosi vikkura character ellam - pedestraina paakkuradhu dhaan.......unga logic padi, anything other than surya,actor himself is "out of zone" dhaan...... :lol:
Maddy,
I'm amazed! Even if the role is "train-la gundoosi vikkura character," is it not out of comfort zone for Surya? avarudaiya background 'kkum Theni district vattAraththula train 'la gundoosi vikkuRavanukkum ennanga sammandham? I mean, isn't Sakthi obviously much more alien to Surya than Michael Vasanth (which you readily acknowledge as a role that's out of his comfort zone)?

equanimus
21st October 2009, 09:36 PM
If I'm reading you right (and I'm trying mighty hard to do so!), I think the way you interpret "comfort zone" is absurd. A role would be within the comfort zone of an actor if he or she has had the chance to see such a person. And an actor like Surya would have regularly seen characters like Sakthi because his father hails from a village!

enakku anbE sivaththula Maddy solRa line dhAn gnAbagathukku varudhu!

MADDY
21st October 2009, 09:47 PM
Maddy,
I'm amazed! Even if the role is "train-la gundoosi vikkura character," is it not out of comfort zone for Surya? avarudaiya background 'kkum Theni district vattAraththula train 'la gundoosi vikkuRavanukkum ennanga sammandham? I mean, isn't Sakthi obviously much more alien to Surya than Michael Vasanth (which you readily acknowledge as a role that's out of his comfort zone)?

neenga solra padi paatha - VA old man character also very close to him - yen seriya pannala?? ennaga idhu, avaru apparu is from villages and they should have travlled to villages every year for pongal - their parents must have spoken village tamil in their house and his brought up must be strictly a village style.......michael vasanth madhiri families dhaan avaru paathe irukka maattaru.....

again, i dont want to speculate much on his brought up and background, but cant u see a pattern - good in rural roles and not-so-good in urban roles.........

MADDY
21st October 2009, 09:49 PM
If I'm reading you right (and I'm trying mighty hard to do so!), I think the way you interpret "comfort zone" is absurd

seringa ophicer :P.....

MADDY
21st October 2009, 09:57 PM
And an actor like Surya would have regularly seen characters like Sakthi because his father hails from a village!

i dont want to speculate much on his brought up and background, but cant u see a pattern - good in rural roles and not-so-good in urban roles.........

Thirumaran
21st October 2009, 09:58 PM
ippa enna topic..

Surya ayan padathula thala vaarina style sari illa...
VA padathula Sameera va sariya katti pidikala... aathavan padathula belt reverse la poatirunthaapla.. ippadi ethaachum complaints :roll:

Surya intha valarthu vittathu Sivakumar o, Bala vo, vaero yaaro alla.. namma hubbers kku thaan antha muzhu perumayum saerum :lol2:

equanimus
21st October 2009, 10:00 PM
neenga solra padi paatha - VA old man character also very close to him - yen seriya pannala??
nAn solRa padi 'nnA enna? What exactly did I say to even remotely imply that that character is very close to him?! nInga nenakkaRadhukku opposite 'A EdhAvadhu irundhA, adhu nAn sonnadhA arthamA?

ennaga idhu, avaru apparu is from villages and they should have travlled to villages every year for pongal - their parents must have spoken village tamil in their house and his brought up must be strictly a village style.......michael vasanth madhiri families dhaan avaru paathe irukka maattaru.....
There's no such thing as "village tamil," Maddy! avanga appa amma kongu thamizh pEsiruppAnga. adhukkenna ippo? How does it make him -- someone who's thoroughly city-bred -- any comfortable with a character like Sakthi? What does it even mean to say "his brought up must be strictly a village style" when he grew up entirely in Chennai?

Plum
21st October 2009, 10:03 PM
Maddy, equa-vaiyE tension paNNittInga? :-)

nInga nenakkaRadhukku opposite 'A EdhAvadhu irundhA, adhu nAn sonnadhA arthamA?

equanimus
21st October 2009, 10:15 PM
Tension 'lAm illai, Plum/Maddy. :)

i dont want to speculate much on his brought up and background, but cant u see a pattern - good in rural roles and not-so-good in urban roles.........
Ok, now I think I understand what you're trying to say. Again the sort of suaveness and sophistication that was under discussion today seems to override everything else in your view in determining if a character is "urban." Which are the rural roles in which Surya was good? I can't think of any besides 'pithAmagan' (and I doubt if you've any recommendations either). Is Dhanush an urban actor or not? What about Vijay?

Plum
21st October 2009, 10:26 PM
Which are the movies. In which surya was good in rural roles apart from pithamagan?

Oru vELa maddy secret-A vel paarthuttu pidichu pOchO?

MADDY
21st October 2009, 10:28 PM

"thirumba thirumba pesura nee" sangili murugan rangekku poittaaru :lol: ...

equa, was about to make that point, chennai guys strangely seem to be more comfi with rural roles than urban roles......innaikku kooda plum-nar or P_R was saying bharath, though city bred, excels in rural roles only.....dhanush, vijay ellam at best lower middle class/middle class chennai, ch-28 types dhaan......i would love to see simbhu in VTV who doesent seem to be too comfi with english either.......neengale sollunga, alaipauthey madhavan character yaarume panrathukku ippa illa :D

rural roles- he was good in that hunchback movie- which one is that? :oops: ....he was good in college scnes in SOK - small town engg student, vera :roll: cant think...

yes plum, Vel was not as bad as ghasini in my books

VENKIRAJA
21st October 2009, 10:33 PM
neengale sollunga, alaipauthey madhavan character yaarume panrathukku ippa illa :D

Interesting sidenote.
IMO, Karthi can try. Forget his PV outlook. I guess MR wanted him to do Michael, illa?

MADDY
21st October 2009, 10:35 PM
neengale sollunga, alaipauthey madhavan character yaarume panrathukku ippa illa :D
IMO, Karthi can try

unakku karthi AP-lerndhu DevD lerndhu Pulp Fiction varaikkum ellam pannuvaaru :P .....but tell u wat, i too like him - he looks immensely talended and more natural :D

VENKIRAJA
21st October 2009, 10:37 PM
IMO, Karthi can try

unakku karthi AP-lerndhu DevD lerndhu Pulp Fiction varaikkum ellam pannuvaaru :P .....but tell u wat, i too like him - he looks immensely talended and more natural :D

nAn adhai ellAm commit paNNavE illayE.. Ray fan coolers pOtta set aavuRa orE AL ippOdhaikku avar dhAn. Waiting to see him in Oh Eesa (Club mix) paiyA stills ellAm sumAra irukku (Again, Lingu :lol2: So no hopes)

equanimus
21st October 2009, 10:56 PM
equa, was about to make that point, chennai guys strangely seem to be more comfi with rural roles than urban roles......innaikku kooda plum-nar or P_R was saying bharath, though city bred, excels in rural roles only.....
Excelled in rural roles like? I think you're mixing up "the upper class" with "the urban" big time. (I think the generalized understanding of the demeanour of well-to-do class is itself incorrect, and that was my viewpoint in the earlier discussion today. But that's besides what we're discussing now.) But if we're talking about characters from the rural milieu, I seriously don't understand how a Bharath or Surya plays them better than the urban roles.

dhanush, vijay ellam at best lower middle class/middle class chennai, ch-28 types dhaan......
But those characters are also as urban as it gets.

rural roles- he was good in that hunchback movie- which one is that? :oops: ....
Gosh, thought he was atrocious in it.

he was good in college scnes in SOK - small town engg student
That's Coimbatore, Maddy! And he was virtually playing an urban alpha male extraordinaire in that film! (Didn't think he was that impressive.)

equanimus
21st October 2009, 11:07 PM

"thirumba thirumba pesura nee" sangili murugan rangekku poittaaru :lol: ...
No offence meant, Maddy. That was a joke. nInga sollalanRa kAraNaththunAla nAn sonnA mAdhiri AyidumAnnu kEttEn. PKS logic. :)

idhaich cholla/prove paNNa thAn nInga pirayaththanap paduRIngaLA? In terms of suaveness and "English pEsuRa style" (like Vadivel says it), Maddy 'ai adichchukku AL illainnu dhAn ellArumE solROmE!

Bala (Karthik)
21st October 2009, 11:23 PM
Earlier in the day we were discussing about Hindi urban (elite) vs its Southern counterpart. Adhula thenpatta oru karuthu/agreement enna na a direct match between their heroes and ours does not exist. Our urban will not be "as urban or elite" as theirs. Off-screen too, illaya? Hence, we have city-bred Barath struggling to do a JWM but he excelled as small town mechanic Murugan or the angry young baai in Veyyil, not to mention the mute slumdaak in Fattiyal.
[Bollywood hero tapori character pannanum na i don't think it will come that easily to them but inga namma aatkal oru Chennai local a panradhu relatively easier]
Western influence has permeated deeper and wider there than it has here.
Barath ku solradhu almost ella current heroes kum porundhum with the exception of Ajith/Madhavan perhaps(?) aana avinga inga valarndhavanga illiye.
Maddy, idha thaan neenga solreenga nu nenaikkaren aana i think you are using "rural" in place of "small town" or "local".
However, Pithamagan couldn't have been "natural" for Suriya illeengala? In terms of locale and also because he was an actor who had till then been a non-actor with inhibitions. Adhu oru break-free role.

In fact, because Michael's character was rather quiet, even though it was polished, it would have been more comfortable to him (?), notwithstanding the slight Kongu Thamizh he speaks in real life(he doesnt speak Chennai Thamizh)... Well, we just speculate, avinga valarndha vidham, friends cirkuzh etc... idhellam irukkulla....

equanimus
21st October 2009, 11:34 PM
Yeah, and I was the one who picked both 'pithAmagan' and 'Aydha ezhuththu' as films in which he played roles that are, in my perception, out of his comfort zone. I think deciding merely based on whether a role is rural or urban makes very little sense. I mentioned those two roles because they markedly differ from his real life (public) persona, which points towards a rather shy and introverted man.

On a related note, these were the two performances that made me sit up and take notice of Surya as an actor. He was quite good in nandhA, but these two films were the real deal makers.

Bala (Karthik)
21st October 2009, 11:39 PM
I mentioned those two roles because they markedly differ from his real life (public) persona, which points towards a rather shy and introverted man.

Avar transformation la Jothika oru mukkiya pangu irukku ne guess panren...

He was quite good in nandhA, but these two films were the real deal makers.
Ennamo therla, Nanda (film/eprformance) fulla ennala appreciate panna mudiyala...

equanimus
21st October 2009, 11:43 PM
Ennamo therla, Nanda (film/eprformance) fulla ennala appreciate panna mudiyala...
About the performance (as you know, I like the film a lot), I too didn't think he was very effective. avar appa irundha level 'kku, the transition was remarkable. But it didn't really hit the spot, so to say. And I thought Raj Kiran really stole the show on all counts.

equanimus
22nd October 2009, 12:53 AM
[tscii:96b9ac29bb][/tscii:96b9ac29bb]By the way, before I sign off, here's (http://www.naachgaana.com/2008/12/16/sandys-interview-with-jaideep-sahni-2/) an interesting interview of Jaideep Sahni (writer of films like Khosla Ka Ghosla, Chak De India) where he responds quite elaborately to this whole notion of 'small towns' (his answer to the first question). He says pretty much everything that is there to say on this matter. A relevant excerpt (emphasis mine):

What is wrong with us? Our parents and neighbours don’t talk like they live out of PVR, are they ‘exotic’ small towners? And now even Amritsar is supposed to be a ‘small town.’ By which stretch of imagination a city with a history which goes back a few thousand years, with lakhs of people, teeming with shops, businesses and economic activity, among the three most prosperous cities in one of the most prosperous parts of India a ‘small town?’ It’s bizarre that anything middle class somehow feels ‘small town,’ and anything rich class somehow feels global to us. Without realising it, we are becoming aliens in our own country, trying to find labels and bytes for anything we don’t have the time to get into.
Something is very scary here—if we have decided that people who live in the heart of Delhi are small towners, god save those who live in villages and real small towns from us, because they all must be totally invisible to those of us living in the metros.
All this talk about having some kind of supposed expertise about small town people makes me feel weird, because as far as I was concerned, a lot of them were supposed to be people from Delhi, Mumbai and other fairly large cities of India, many from smaller towns, and many more from rural areas. How did they all get clubbed together in this exotic, celebrated species called ‘small towners?’
Most of us born and brought up in Metros have no clue about small towns and villages than what we see in magazines and travel shows, run by people like ourselves, and decide to adopt them as our own just because they suddenly appear exotic cool. I often wonder if we’ve all got so disconnected from reality around us that we can’t even distinguish between urban middle-class and small town residents, who actually range from very poor to very rich, just because neither of them seem to fit some extremely narrow some definitions of cool-ness.

MADDY
22nd October 2009, 10:32 AM
Western influence has permeated deeper and wider there than it has here.

neeya naana-kku sema topic :lol2:

Maddy, idha thaan neenga solreenga nu nenaikkaren aana i think you are using "rural" in place of "small town" or "local"

yes could be.....what i meant was the transition for chennai guys, esp the lower middle class/middle class ones to rural roles or small town roles seems easier than their transition to a americanised urban roles......for ex: bharath tried that in Nepali - it came out funny.......but same bharath exclled in kadhal.......so i felt, for surya, transition to vasanth was tougher than sakthi......

again, i dont want to speculate much abt their personal characteristics and brough up etc, i'm basing on whatever i saw of them till now...

equanimus
22nd October 2009, 01:58 PM
yes could be.....what i meant was the transition for chennai guys, esp the lower middle class/middle class ones to rural roles or small town roles seems easier than their transition to a americanised urban roles......
nInga solla varRadhu puriyudhu. Note that now you're referring to a specific sort of urbanity that applies to neither the entire urban population in Tamilnadu nor even the entire upper-class urban population in Chennai. Anyway, I think we've already discussed these things (my two (http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=1940256#1940256) posts (http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=1940832#1940832) in case you're interested) and will only be going in circles.

again, i dont want to speculate much abt their personal characteristics and brough up etc, i'm basing on whatever i saw of them till now...
It's not about speculating, Maddy. That Surya is thoroughly city-bred is obvious, prima facie. [It is a perception, of course, but one doesn't have to speculate so much to have that. Only when one's putting forth a view that's not obvious (even if true), one would do the fact checks to back it up.]

Aalavanthan
22nd October 2009, 04:40 PM

Same here.. its a new face of Surya, alright.. But film was too dragging as a regular cinema fan at the age of 22 watching a hit director's movie and an upcoming star.

I still remember walking out of Abirami theatre, 3 school children probably aged 12-15, school-a cut adishtu, padam mudishtu veliya varumbodhu.. " idhuku naanae oru super padam edupaenda "

The essence that is missing from Nandha which was present in Sethu is the lighter side of the story with college scenes, songs in Sethu. I thought that was missing in Nantha, big time ! I dont think there was even a single moment, where the director has allowed us to stretch our lips for a slight smile too, except for Karunas' "deivamae deivamae"

P_R
22nd October 2009, 06:15 PM
Loyola Same pinch.

sondhabandhangaL Pollachchi pakkam irukkuRAnga 'ngRa orE kAraNaththukkAga ennennavo pEsuringaLE. appidi paarthA naanum oruthan dhaan 'yA

Going by this logic, Inba is in Maddy's comfort zone because it's a city-based role. :lol:

'btw Surya not goot in city roles' argument unselected. He was impressive in Ayan. Impetuous boy <expression used too many times warning> in VA was more than impressive.

Sari sari 10 year old gettup youteep-la vandhuruchA? :lol2: Me too can't wait. Neenga paartha ling-lErndhu periya idathu presar-naala remu paNNitaanga.

Equa, Jaideep Sahni's point seems largely semantic. Sociologically speaking the distinction may be importance in reflecting how we have started thinking of us.

>personal digression> There is a amman kOvil at the end of my street, next door to one of the more popular schools in town. Every year they have a festival, complete with the weekly evening oorvalam, a day when vendors lay their wares on the platform - driving is out of question - people throng from nearby villages to this temple and it is a rural bash - in every sense of the word. The neighbourhood takes a day or two to shake itself back into its upper middle class urbanness<<

But prachanai ellAm oNNu dhaan in terms of 'depiction'. In the sense, we have both class and geography problems. I would say we (adhAvadhu namma industry) struggle even more with class.

So when I say there are many cringe-English moments in a film like Kakka Kaaka - I admit I am not subtracting away the possibilities of it being a depiction of cringe-English moment in real life. I find myself able to do that only when I know that the maker "intends" <ivan suththi suththi ingeyE varaan yA> us to take it as such. On the other hand if the maker is earnest and it turns out cringeworthy then I feel that is a 'justifiable' reaction.

Plum
22nd October 2009, 07:12 PM
<ivan suththi suththi ingeyE varaan yA>
Yes.

On the other hand if the maker is earnest and it turns out cringeworthy then I feel that is a 'justifiable' reaction.

nEpALi experience-A? As equa pointed out, that kind of coolness doesnt even exist.

NOV
1st November 2009, 10:34 AM
[tscii:f13f58cfd3]
‘You and Suriya can work again’- Rajini

IndiaGlitz [Saturday, October 24, 2009]

We all know that our Superstar is one person who never fails to appreciate hard work and quality products, we have one such incident here...

Rajinikanth had gone for a special screening of Suriya’s ‘Aadhavan’ along with his family. We heard that Latha Rajinikanth, Soundarya, Aishwarya Dhanush and our Superstar’s grand son Yathra were in Four Frames Preview Theatre on October 16th.

The whole family was enjoying the show so much that our Superstar laughed loud heartily over the comedy scenes. (The fact we all know is that no hero can be as comical as Rajini is... He is a multifaceted Superstar!) Rajini was visibly having a great time laughing over the scenes between Suriya and Vadivelu particularly and came out of the theatre with a big smile. Rajini had wished the film’s producer Udhayanidhi saying, “The film has come out so well. Congratulations for your whole team. Suriya-Vadivelu combination has worked out so well.” Then Rajini had immediately called K S Ravikumar and said, “Ravi Sir, the film is really excellent. You have used Suriya so well. You and Suriya can work again.”[/tscii:f13f58cfd3]

NOV
1st November 2009, 07:26 PM
Suriya has arrived!!!!

:yes: watch kanden kadhalai and you will know why. :D

HonestRaj
2nd November 2009, 08:33 PM
I watched Maanada Mayilaada... there too Suriya arrived :mrgreen:

NOV
9th November 2009, 10:26 AM
[tscii:f2d1cb5bd2][/tscii:f2d1cb5bd2][html:f2d1cb5bd2]
http://i.indiaglitz.com/tamil/news/suriya061109.jpg
[/html:f2d1cb5bd2]

Denying reports that he would act in a Sri Lankan film, Suriya has said he was shocked to see news items which claimed that he has signed in for a Sinhala movie.

"There is no truth in it. I am currently acting in 'Singam' directed by Hari. My forthcoming projects are a Hindi movie by Ram Gopal Varma and a film in A R Murugadoss's direction. It will be produced by Udhayanidhi Stalin," the actor said in a statement on Thursday.

There were reports that Suriya has been roped in to act, along with Simran, in a film directed by a Sinhalese, Suresh Kumarasinghe.

Following this, Tamil activists, including Sri Lankan Tamil Protection Movement coordinator Pazha Nedumaran made an appeal to the actor to “reconsider” as the people of Tamil Nadu were “shocked” too see such reports.

The actor has given out a press release that lists out the project that he has committed. The note clearly states that the actor has not accepted any Sinhalee film and has no such plans for the future too.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/51470.html

Plum
9th November 2009, 11:25 AM
Original fact: Surya acting in "Singam" Movie.
Twisted by tabloids: Surya acting in "Singalam movie".
:-)

(pAmbin kAl pAmbariyum - word twisting olympics-la gold medal already PR enakku koduthadhu chumma illai ;-) )

NOV
13th November 2009, 06:46 AM
[tscii:9d273fab64]
After the success of ‘Ayan’, it was announced that the next project that will bring Suriya and K V Anand together, will be produced by Udhayanidhi Stalin. But suddenly Suriya got busy with RGV’s ‘Raktha Charithra’ and A R Murugadoss project. So, the industry was abuzz that Karthi is filling the vacuum created by his bro.

When we asked about the association with Karthi to K V Anand the director said, “I will be starting the project with Suriya for Red Giant movies by next year in June. And there is not change in this project. And the reason for this project being postponed is Suriya’s commitment for his next with A R Murugadoss.”

[/tscii:9d273fab64]

leosimha
13th November 2009, 03:57 PM
தப்பா பீல் பண்ணிக்கிட்டாரு நம்ம சூர்யா

Link - http://eppoodi.blogspot.com/2009/10/blog-post_27.html

NOV
14th December 2009, 01:05 PM
Suriya to reprise Mammootty's role in 'Mrigaya'

Suriya has agreed to do the remake of Mammotty starrer 'Mrigaya', an IV Sasi film written by late Lohithadas. The remake will be directed by Amal Neerad, a talented cameraman who made two stylish flicks in Malayalam--'Big B' with Mammootty and 'Sagar Alias Jacky' with Mohanlal.

'Mrigaya', released in the '90s, had Mammootty playing a brute of a man, Varunni. A hillside village, terrorised by the frequent attacks by a tiger, hires him to kill the wild animal. But, the villagers soon find out that they have brought in greater danger for themselves than the carnivore.

The film was a superhit and Mamootty won a State award for his efforts in the film. Suriya, known for his love of experimentation in his roles and get ups, is sure to enjoy the challenge of doing this role, say sources close to Amal. The director is currently working on 'Anwar', starring Prithviraj in the lead.
http://entertainment.in.msn.com/southcinema/article.aspx?cp-documentid=3483542

Plum
14th December 2009, 11:37 PM
That's a good move, if it materialises(I somehow doubt tamil distibutors will touch a. Mrigaya kind of movie). If he can pull it off, surya will leave all competitors behind on the acting front

Appu s
15th December 2009, 01:03 AM
That's a good move, if it materialises(I somehow doubt tamil distibutors will touch a. Mrigaya kind of movie). If he can pull it off, surya will leave all competitors behind on the acting front

i have seen Mrigaya, i bet it will not happen in Tamil... if surya going to try it.. hats off to him..

NOV
15th December 2009, 06:02 AM
oh, avlO periya puliyaa indha padam. :frightened:
lets wait and see.

Surya
28th December 2009, 10:39 AM
Ippo Surya-kku time supera Irruku. 8-) After 4 Consecutive Hits, his Future Projects look quite promising as well.

Singam
A Movie With RGV
A Movie With Murugadoss

8-) He seems to be leaving his peers behind and is racing to the finish line. 8-) If Singam clicks at the Box Office, that could prove a lot of things about the Future Landscape of Tamil Cinema. 8-) We'll see. :smokesmirk:

Appu s
28th December 2009, 11:05 AM
oh, avlO periya puliyaa indha padam. :frightened:
lets wait and see.

inth post ai miss pannitten..

yes yes periya puli than, Puliaa nerukku ner adakkura scenes laam irukku :lol2: i would like to watch those scenes with surya :mrgreen:

there r few more things surya will not accept to do what mammotty done in the movie :P

VinodKumar's
28th December 2009, 11:11 AM
Pulikum Singathukkum sanda :D

groucho070
28th December 2009, 11:12 AM
If Singam clicks at the Box Office, that could prove a lot of things about the Future Landscape of Tamil Cinema. 8-) :shaking: 2012? :shock:

NOV
28th December 2009, 11:34 AM
I did a quick compilation of BO figures in Malaysia in last three years.

of the Top 10, four movies are by Surya :boo:

P_R
28th December 2009, 03:28 PM
Mayavi - yet again.

summA sollakkoodaadhu, nalla talend 'nga.

Plum
28th December 2009, 04:07 PM
Yeah, he was very good in Mayavi.
BTW, Saw Ayan in Telugu yesterday. Must reconsider the kuppai status I accorded it :-)

P_R
28th December 2009, 04:17 PM
About time. Right in time for film-of-the-year saNdai that should start anytime now.

P_R
28th December 2009, 04:25 PM
To yield to a cliche the vulnerability of விளிம்பு நிலை மனிதர்கள் is portrayed very convincingly in Bala films - of which I like to count Mayavi as one.

நீ அடிச்சு இழுத்துட்டு வந்தியே..அந்த தெருவுல எல்லாம் நான் விளையாண்டிருக்கேன்யா
quite a haunting line.

We have seen வீடு புகுந்து கைது in tonnes of films. Even this one milks the melodrama as he is interrupted in his meal. But in this one still made an impact because it seemed so real.

I think this ties into the logic discussion that was summarily abandoned a few days back.

Plum
28th December 2009, 04:27 PM
It must have helped that I happened to catch Villu in a trans-atlantic flight recently and suffered through most of Aadhavan on Cable recently - perhaps, subconsciously I re-arranged my definition of 'kuppai' :-)

Murali Srinivas
28th December 2009, 04:50 PM

i have seen Mrigaya, i bet it will not happen in Tamil... if surya going to try it.. hats off to him..

You are right Appu. Amal Neerad has clarified that he is not doing the remake of Mrigaya. He has confirmed doing a film with Surya but it would be only after RGV and ARM movies.

As you said it would require a lot of guts for a mass hero of Tamil Films to do certain scenes, which Mammootty did in the original. Moreover remaking a 1989 movie now would not be an attractive proposition and it would go the Kireedam way. Irony is both Kireedam and Mrigaya are award fetching materials with commercial touches that got released on the same year 1989. While Kireedam got a special mention at the National level for Lal, Mrigaya fetched Mammootty the State award, ofcourse not forgetting the first National award that he got for Oru Vadakkan Veera Gadha in the same year.

Regards

PS: Meanwhile read that K.V.Anand has also signed a Surya film.

Appu s
28th December 2009, 05:20 PM
You are right Appu. Amal Neerad has clarified that he is not doing the remake of Mrigaya. He has confirmed doing a film with Surya but it would be only after RGV and ARM movies.

As you said it would require a lot of guts for a mass hero of Tamil Films to do certain scenes, which Mammootty did in the original. Moreover remaking a 1989 movie now would not be an attractive proposition and it would go the Kireedam way. Irony is both Kireedam and Mrigaya are award fetching materials with commercial touches that got released on the same year 1989. While Kireedam got a special mention at the National level for Lal, Mrigaya fetched Mammootty the State award, ofcourse not forgetting the first National award that he got for Oru Vadakkan Veera Gadha in the same year.

Regards

PS: Meanwhile read that K.V.Anand has also signed a Surya film.

Murali sir Thank you :D athana paathen intha padathellam lead actors panrathukku chance ye illa. mammoty's characterisation in the movie :bow:, Just think about the scenes he with vaishnavi ,kadan pakki to the prostitute :lol: mammukka in Mrugaya :thumbsup: :bow:
we can remake Kreedom anyday not Mrugaya.. infact Vijay could have be done better in Tamil Kreedom.
:)

NOV
31st December 2009, 10:13 AM
Happy New Year to all Surya fans!

[html:d4c090604f]
http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab113/dadahahalove/0002045B.gif
[/html:d4c090604f]

[html:d4c090604f]
http://www.thaindian.com/images/sampurn/20557.jpg
[/html:d4c090604f]

NOV
2nd January 2010, 08:08 PM
Murugadoss-Suriya combo returns

A.R. Murugadoss and Suriya, who had created magic at the B.O. with 'Ghajini', join hands to make another rocking entertainer in 2010.

The film, a multi-lingual, will commence shooting in March, our sources say. Udayanidhi Stalin of Red Giant Movies is the producer and the film would be an edge-of-the-seat thriller.

Since the release of the film, the talented twosome has been going from strength to strength: Murugadoss remade 'Ghajini' in Hindi with Aamir Khan in the lead to mind-boggling success at the B.O. and has been getting offers by the dozen, while Suriya has been busy authoring a series of superhits.

A couple of months ago, it was rumoured that Murugadoss was planning to remake Telugu blockbuster 'Kick' in Hindi with Salman Khan in the lead. But, the young director was quick to deny the report and made it clear that he would not go for remakes and that he had not planned any Hindi film as such.

http://entertainment.in.msn.com/southcinema/article.aspx?cp-documentid=3503940

Sourav
2nd January 2010, 09:36 PM
Happy New Year to all Surya fans!

Wishing u the same! :cheer:

// Yaarumae reply pannala...athan... :noteeth:

Mahen
2nd January 2010, 10:23 PM
Nov, now you have a reason to like tammu :lol2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpXBseSDeks&feature=related

HonestRaj
4th January 2010, 08:00 PM
infact Vijay could have be done better in Tamil Kreedom.
:)

GM: namma aiswarya'va....
kamal: ulaga azhagi aishwarya da...

adhumadhiri endha vijay'nu theliva sollidu Appu :mrgreen:

NOV
4th January 2010, 08:13 PM
Nov, now you have a reason to like tammu now you're assuming that I am the ordinary fan... :sigh2:

Vivasaayi
4th January 2010, 08:15 PM
Nov, now you have a reason to like tammu now you're assuming that I am the ordinary fan... :sigh2:

ordinary fan - special fan - masala fan

nalla irukku...

j/k NOV :)

NOV
4th January 2010, 08:20 PM
a simple example vivs... if surya continually gives masala movies without any value, I will discard him/his movies without any regard.
same goes to Kamal..

can you do that wrt Kamal? :P

HonestRaj
4th January 2010, 08:21 PM
a simple example vivs... if surya continually gives masala movies without any value, I will discard him/his movies without any regard.

neenga pazhaya panneer selvama varanum.. nitchayam varuveenga

NOV
4th January 2010, 08:23 PM
:confused2:

Sourav
4th January 2010, 08:27 PM
:lol: surya-va solraru honesttu....

HR, pazhaiya-na? periyanna range-ku pazhaya surya-va? :huh:

Appu s
4th January 2010, 08:28 PM
same goes to Kamal..

A true fan is one who expect Decent movie from every film of their favorite star. there is nothing called ordinary pan, special saadha pan.

you may not like some masala film, There are people who likes commercial Gharam masala, how can u call them "ordinary" :lol2:

HonestRaj
4th January 2010, 08:30 PM
:lol: surya-va solraru honesttu....

HR, pazhaiya-na? periyanna range-ku pazhaya surya-va? :huh:

seekiram surya-va vittu NOV vilagiduvarunnu sonnEn..

surya enna manic bashava.. :lol: pzhaya - pudhiya'nu solradhukku

NOV
4th January 2010, 08:30 PM
ok then, I am fan of good films and as such of good actors.
if they cannot deliver what I want, then I will lose interest.

ippa puriyudhaa appu :evil:

NOV
4th January 2010, 08:33 PM
seekiram surya-va vittu NOV vilagiduvarunnu sonnEn.. you wish :lol2:
but endha jenmathilaiyum VK'kku maara maattEn :poke:

HonestRaj
4th January 2010, 08:36 PM
seekiram surya-va vittu NOV vilagiduvarunnu sonnEn.. you wish :lol2:
but endha jenmathilaiyum VK'kku maara maattEn :poke:

:ty: ungalukku pOttiya Karthi'ya develop panrEn paarunga :mrgreen:

santhanam .. pongal bonus :D

NOV
4th January 2010, 08:39 PM
enakku edhukkum pOtti? naa innum kalaththula irangala :poke:
karthi vandhaa nallaa thaan irukkum... ippO tamil cinema la nalla talents kuranju kitte pOgudhu..

santhanam was ok in kandha kOttai... :P

Sourav
4th January 2010, 08:41 PM
santhanam was ok in kandha kOttai... :P :shock: :o :clap:

Vivasaayi
4th January 2010, 08:48 PM
same goes to Kamal..

chumma special,sadha,masala nu dosai itemku oru rhyminga sonnen..avlothaan :)

Aghori
6th January 2010, 03:49 PM
the hero of aathavan is 'Vadivelu' not surya, Vadivelu simply steals the show, movie is nothing but an 'Old wine' in new bottle, boring!

cepark
6th January 2010, 04:30 PM
the hero of aathavan is 'Vadivelu' not surya, Vadivelu simply steals the show, movie is nothing but an 'Old wine' in new bottle, boring!

itha onenaa adikadi sollikiranga. :lol: :banghead:

Aalavanthan
19th January 2010, 08:00 PM
[tscii:1739289a7b]RAID AT SURIYA’S RESIDENCE (http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/jan-10-03/suriya-vadivelu-ks-ravi-kumar-19-01-10.html)

January 19, 2010
Home > More news
The income tax department officials are conducting a raid at various places in Chennai. The most prominent places where the raid is being conducted at present are the residences of film personalities including that of Suriya, Vadivelu, KS Ravi Kumar, producer Gnanavel Raja,Agaram Foundation’s Gnanavel, AR Murugadoss, and owners of Shakthi Masala. Incidentally, Shakthi Masala is closely associated with the Agaram Foundation.
[/tscii:1739289a7b]

Nalladhu pannaa idhaan kodumai.. Timing is crucial. This happens after his program on Vijay TV on Agaram :banghead:

mareen
20th January 2010, 01:06 AM
Surya house'le raid.

Income tax officers deal pesuraanga!

Sourav
20th January 2010, 07:36 PM
4 ஆண்டுகளாக வரி ஏய்ப்பு செய்த சூர்யா... ஏராளமான நகைகள்- பணம் சிக்கின!
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/news/2010/01/20/it-slueths-found-massive-tax-evasio.html

:roll:

HonestRaj
20th January 2010, 07:42 PM
[tscii:4bab28cd77]RAID AT SURIYA’S RESIDENCE (http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/jan-10-03/suriya-vadivelu-ks-ravi-kumar-19-01-10.html)

January 19, 2010
Home > More news
The income tax department officials are conducting a raid at various places in Chennai. The most prominent places where the raid is being conducted at present are the residences of film personalities including that of Suriya, Vadivelu, KS Ravi Kumar, producer Gnanavel Raja,Agaram Foundation’s Gnanavel, AR Murugadoss, and owners of Shakthi Masala. Incidentally, Shakthi Masala is closely associated with the Agaram Foundation.
[/tscii:4bab28cd77]

Nalladhu pannaa idhaan kodumai.. Timing is crucial. This happens after his program on Vijay TV on Agaram :banghead:

whats about that program

Aalavanthan
20th January 2010, 07:57 PM
A program for good cause.. I was moved by some of the conversations..

adhil oruvar "naan 12m vagupil 1130 madhipengal eduthirkiraen"
Gopi: "ippa enna senjitu irukeenga"
adharku avar " professional courier la vela sennjitu irukaen"

poor guy.. there were lot many such individuals brought in front of camera with such great academic records, but kaasu illadhadhaala they couldnt grow up further in their educational ladder.

HonestRaj
20th January 2010, 07:57 PM
4 ஆண்டுகளாக வரி ஏய்ப்பு செய்த சூர்யா... ஏராளமான நகைகள்- பணம் சிக்கின!
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/news/2010/01/20/it-slueths-found-massive-tax-evasio.html

:roll:

Aadhavan'ku kudukkura madhiri kuduthuttu appuram ellathayum lavatittanga.. see the raided list:

Surya
KSR
Vadivelu

top 3 in that film

nayanthara kitta vera raid :wink:

ivanga sagavasam vendamna kekkurangala :lol:

mareen
20th January 2010, 10:31 PM
[tscii:7dfa57aa04]It may be noted that Suriya, Vadivelu and Ravikumar had combined together for the recent ‘Aadhavan’, which was produced by Chief Minister M Karunanidhi's grand son Udhayanidhi Stalin. Murugados was said to be the director of a forthcoming
project of Udhayanidhi.[/tscii:7dfa57aa04]

HonestRaj
21st January 2010, 07:07 PM
http://www.4tamilmedia.com/ww1/index.php/2009-04-19-22-56-08/2009-04-19-23-05-09/5110-2010-01-20-10-23-30

தமிழ்த்திரையுலக திடீர் வருமானவரி ரெய்டும், வெளிவராத சில தகவல்களும்.

தமிழ்த்திரையுலகப் பிரபலங்கள், கே. எஸ்.ரவிகுமார், சூர்யா, வடிவேலு ஆகியோரின் வீடுகளில் நேற்று காலை தொடங்கிய வருமான வரிச்சோதனை இன்றும் தொடர்வதாக அறியப்படுகிறது. நேற்று நடந்த சோதனை குறித்த வருமான வரி இலாகாவின் உத்தியோகபூர்வ அறிக்கைகள் வெளிவருவதற்கு முன்னதாகவே சில செய்திகள் வெளியாகியுள்ளன.

கடந்த நான்கு வருடங்களாக நடிகர் சூர்யா வரி ஏய்ப்பு செய்திருப்பதாக ஒரு செய்தி, வடிவேல் வீட்டில் சோதனையின் போது வடிவேலிடம் நடந்த நாலு மணி நேர விசாரணை, இயக்குனர் கே.எஸ். ரவிக்குமார் வீட்டிலும் தொடரும் சோதனை என வெளிவந்த இந்தப் பரப்பான செய்திகளால் தமிழ்த்திரையுலகமே பரபரப்பாகியுள்ளது.

தமிழக முதல்வருக்கும் சினிமாத்துறைக்கும் இருக்கும் நெருக்கம் சகலரும் அறிந்தது. அதிலும் குறிப்பாக வடிவேல், சூர்யா, ரவிக்குமார், ஆகியோர் தனிப்படவும், முதல்வருடன் நெருக்கம் காட்டியவர்கள். என்ன நடந்திருக்கும் என்று யோசித்த போது, சூர்யா, வடிவேல், ரவிக்குமாரின் இணைவும், ஆதவன் படமும், ஒன்றாக இணைந்து பொறி தட்டின.

அந்த பக்கத்தில் எங்கள் செய்தியாளர்கள் , இந்த ரெய்டின் பின்னணியை ஆராய்ந்தபோது, இந்த ரெய்டின் உள்ளார்ந்த தகவல்கள் சில கிடைத்தன. இந்த திடீர் ரெய்டுக்கான முக்கிய காரணம் 'ஆதவன்' படத்தின் தணிக்கை கணக்குகள் ஏற்படுத்தி பாதிப்பே என தகவல் கிடைக்கிறது.

ஆதவன் பட தனிக்கை கணக்குகளில் சூர்யாவுக்கு கொடுக்கப்பட்டதைபோல ஒரு மடங்கு அதிக சம்பளம் கொடுக்கபட்டுள்ளது என்றும், அதாவது ரூபாய் 12 கோடி வடிவேலுவுக்கு மட்டும் என்றும் ( ஒரு நாள் கால்ஷீட்டுக்கு ரூபாய் 10 லட்சம் வாங்குகிறாராம் வடிவேலு) கல்கத்தா படப்பிடிப்பில் எடுத்து முடித்திருக்க வேண்டிய வடிவேலுவின் பகுதிகளில் பெருமபகுதியை சென்னை செட்டிநாடு அரண்மனையிலும் படம் பிடித்ததால் பட்ஜெட்டில் இவ்வளவு அதிகரித்தது என்றும், வடிவேலுவுடன் இணக்கமாக செயல்பட்டே இயக்குனர் அவரிடமிருந்து கமிஷன் பெற்றார் என்றும் படத்தின் தயாரிப்பாளர் உதயநிதி ஸ்டாலினுக்கு தெரிய வந்ததாம். இதுதான் இந்த முக் கூட்டு ரெய்டின் மூலம் என்று தெரியவருகிறது.

அப்படியானால் இயக்குனர் முருகதாஸ் இதற்குள் எவ்வாறு வருகின்றார் எனத் துருவியபோது, தற்போது ஏ.ஆர். முருகதாஸ் படத்தில் மீண்டும் வடிவேலு, சூரியா கூட்டணி ஏற்பட்டுள்ள நிலையில் சூர்யா இந்த படத்துக்கு திகைக்கவைக்கிற அளவுக்கு சம்பளம் கேட்டதாகவும், ஆதவன் படத்தின் கோபம், புதிய படத்தின் கோபம் , மேலும் கமலை வைத்து ரவிகுமார் இயக்க இருக்கும் உதநிதி ஸ்டாலின் பேனர்

படத்துக்கு மீண்டும் வடிவேலுவைக் கேட்டதோடு, தனக்கு ரூ5.5 கோடி ரவிகுமார் சம்பளம் கேட்டதாலும் ஏற்பட்ட கோபம் என பணம் சம்பந்தபட்ட கோபமே இந்த ஷாக் ரைடுக்கு காரணம் என்பதாகத் தகவல் கிடைக்கின்றன.

ஆனாலும் இந்த ரெய்டின் போது, அகரம் பவுண்டேஷனுக்கு சூர்யா கோடிக்கணக்கில் நன்கொடை வசூல் செய்தார் என்றும் அந்தநன்கொடைகளுக்கான கணக்கில் குளறுபடி செய்தார் என்றும் உலாவரும் செய்திகளில் உண்மையில்லை என்பதை சிபிஐ ரைடில் கண்டுபிடித்திருக்கிறார்களாம். ஆனாலும் இந்த செய்திஎழுதப்படும் இந்த நேரத்திலும், சூர்யா மற்றும் ரவிகுமார் வீட்டில் ரெய்டு நடந்து கொண்டிருப்பதாக தகவல் தருகிறார்கள்.

HonestRaj
21st January 2010, 07:45 PM
SunMusic Anjana...

dedicate this song to the victims:

oothikinu kaduchukkava..
pothikinu paduthukkuva..
kattu kattaa note adicha currentu billu katturaru
yahoo yahoo yahoo yahoo.. jaggu jaggu jaggu jaggu

from "Ninaivirukkum Varai"

HonestRaj
21st January 2010, 08:05 PM
Highlight:

Pongal spl.. Zee Tamil - Repeat telecast Jaggubhai Audio release:

oru medayum.. oru mike'um.. andha medayila CM Kalaignarum irundha podum.. indha cinemakkaranga korikkaigal veikka..

KSR was asking a land for directors association building..

KSR: iyakkunargal sangathukku nilam odhukka vendum.. kattidam nangale kattikkarOm..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

adei.. adadei.. kodi kodiya adikkireengalla.. shakar, KSR madhiri periya directors sernthu kaasu pOttu edam vangappadadha...
avarukkum iLagiya manasu... kettadhum koduthuduvaru :lol2:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOV
10th February 2010, 06:27 AM
BEHINDWOODS TOP 20 ACTORS OF KOLLYWOOD

3. Suriya

Here is a man who has worked his way up to the order with sheer hard work, commitment and wise choices. 2009 was magical for him; a blockbuster and a relatively good earner. More than that, it was a year when his star presence and mass appeal were proved beyond doubt with two films that were full fledged commercials. The only concern at this time is whether the commercial entertainment thing is in the danger of being overdone. It would be gross injustice to the actor that Suriya is, if he denies himself the variety, the kind we saw in Vaaranam Aayiram.
Box Office Successes: from jan 2005 to 2009

Ghajini - 2005 - Hit
Aaru - 2005 - Average
Vel - 2007 - Hit
Vaaranam Aayiram - 2008 - Hit
Ayan - 2009 - Super Hit
Aadhavan - 2009 - Hit

Future Projects:

Singam
Untitled movie with murugadoss
Ram gopal varma hindi movie

NOV
10th February 2010, 06:29 AM
The complete listing...

20. Narain
19. Prasanna
18. Prithviraj
17. Nakul
16. Sasikumar
15. Jai
14. Bharath
13. Jeeva
12. Arya
11. Simbhu
10. Vishal
9. Jayam Ravi
8. Karthi
7. Vikram
6. Ajith
5. Vijay
4. Dhanush
3. Suriya
2. Kamalahassan
1. Rajni Kanth

Thirumaran
10th February 2010, 11:28 AM
Athu :2thumbsup:

He is already in the Top among the Younger stars :cool2:

avven
10th February 2010, 11:36 AM
Athu :2thumbsup:

He is already in the Top among the Younger stars :cool2:

na yethukuna asal thread da lock panniinga aathukulla :huh: ..innum oru 2,3 post panni irukulamula :roll:..pista post reply panna kuda mudiyala ippo :x ..aavara paarunga avatar ra poi antha padagaloda compre panni irukaru :banghead:

Thirumaran
10th February 2010, 11:43 AM
//Dig
avven,
As i mentioned there.. innum ungalukellaam settle aagalainnu thoanuchunna make use of Box Office thread and of course without going personal.

Since that is very specific to Ajith, atha appadiyae vittudalaam :P

// End

HonestRaj
10th February 2010, 10:34 PM
The complete listing...

20. Narain
19. Prasanna
18. Prithviraj
17. Nakul
16. Sasikumar
15. Jai
14. Bharath
13. Jeeva
12. Arya
11. Simbhu
10. Vishal
9. Jayam Ravi
8. Karthi
7. Vikram
6. Ajith
5. Vijay
4. Dhanush
3. Suriya
2. Kamalahassan
1. Rajni Kanth

idhai appadiye thanjavur.. venam.. taiwan kalvettula ezhudhi vekkanum

avven
11th February 2010, 12:31 AM
idhai appadiye thanjavur.. venam.. taiwan kalvettula ezhudhi vekkanum

:lol: :lol:

groucho070
11th February 2010, 07:32 AM
@HR :lol:

Aalavanthan
5th March 2010, 05:05 PM
[tscii:eb0b4c7701]Its time that someone pulls up his socks and work for the success of Surya in the Hub ..

Surya teams up with Big B and Mohan Lal
(http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/entertainment/surya-teams-up-with-big-b-and-mohan-lal_100325082.html#ixzz0hIj2C5gn)

Major Ravi is directing a film based on the Kandahar plane hijack incident. Actor Surya has been approached to do the commando role in this film. Major Ravi had earlier directed a film titled Aran that features Jeeva and Mohan Lal in lead roles.

While speaking about this film, he said, “In the year 1999 the Kandahar plane hijack incident shocked the entire globe. Based on this, I have created a fictional plot that is laced with moments which will thrill the audience. Amitabh Bachchan is donning the role of a father of a passenger traveling in this plane. Mohanlal and Surya are donning the role of commandos who retrieve the plane from the hijackers. The shooting of the film is to commence in the month of June or July. We will shoot the film in Afghanistan and Nepal. I am planning to purchase an air plane for the shooting of this film.”

Surya’s is yet to confirm this project and it has been reported that the film is to be shot in Tamil, Malayalam and Hindi.

More at : Surya teams up with Big B and Mohan Lal [/tscii:eb0b4c7701]

Aalavanthan
5th March 2010, 05:06 PM
Priyamani as Suriya's wife in Rakta Charitra (http://kannada.galatta.com/entertainment/kannada/livewire/id/Priyamani_to_play_Suriya_wife_35939.html)

For the first time in her career, reigning South Indian beauty Priyamani will appear opposite Suriya. She will play the role of Gangula Bhanumati, wife of Maddelachervu Suri (Suriya) in director-screenwriter-producer Ram Gopal Varma's upcoming trilingual Rakta Charitra, being made by Madhu Mantena in Hindi, Telugu and Tamil.

Bollywood actor Vivek Oberoi plays the lead role as rebel-turned politician Paritala Ravi, one of the most-feared individuals in the blood-ridden faction politics of South India. Bengali actress Radhika Apte plays his wife's role.

Yesteryears Bollywood super hero and politician Shatrughan Sinha plays the role of late Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N.T. Rama Rao (NTR) in the Hindi version of Rakta Charitra, while Telugu actor Mohan Babu will be seen as NTR in the Telugu version.

Bala (Karthik)
5th March 2010, 05:11 PM
Friya Mani ya? EKRGVI?

19thmay
5th March 2010, 05:17 PM
Friya Mani ya? EKRGVI?

Mukkiyama idha gavaneenga "South Indian Beauty"-am.

Appu s
5th March 2010, 05:22 PM
Friya Mani ya? EKRGVI?
Bharathiraja,Balu mahendra,manirathnam movies la nadichachu... RGV lam periya matter ye illa :P

Plum
5th March 2010, 05:23 PM
seri vidungappA - RGV Nisha Kothari levella irukkAru. Priya Mani might be a step up for him.

raghavendran
5th March 2010, 05:24 PM
seri vidungappA - RGV Nisha Kothari levella irukkAru. Priya Mani might be a step up for him.
plum...andha listle vivek olapai vittuteenge :lol:

Aalavanthan
5th March 2010, 05:26 PM
Heard Priya Mani is the choice for Ameer's next movie as well.. RGV's lady character might be a heavy role (kovamaa, nakkalaa) like Paruthi.. who knows.. she might hold such character in Surya's.

Aalavanthan
5th March 2010, 05:26 PM
MODS.. Request you to add the following title to Surya..

Ayan Man Surya :yes:

Aalavanthan
5th March 2010, 05:42 PM

avasarathula idha set up nu padishtaen.. apuram yosichaen, Plumnaar ippadi ellam ezhudha maatarae nu :lol:

Plum
5th March 2010, 05:43 PM

avasarathula idha set up nu padishtaen.. apuram yosichaen, Plumnaar ippadi ellam ezhudha maatarae nu :lol:

NOV
5th March 2010, 07:10 PM
I like Priya Mani :D

VinodKumar's
5th March 2010, 09:20 PM

Yaarathaan ungaluku pudikala :evil:

cepark
6th March 2010, 12:20 AM

Yaarathaan ungaluku pudikala :evil:

NOV
9th March 2010, 07:53 PM
[tscii:c0dd306ff0]
Suriya: I'm not needed in Bollywood!

Tamil superstar Suriya Sivakumar arrived quietly in Mumbai this week to shoot for his Hindi debut in Ram Gopal Varma’s Rakta Charitra. He is excited about this venture and is quite fond of the city life and its food.
He’s staying at his wife Jyothika’s residence in Mumbai and trying hard to pick up the rudiments of the Hindi language from a coach he has brought along. Says Suriya, “Jo (Jyothika) has an apartment in Bandra. So I’ve been coming to Mumbai 4-5 times a month. I enjoy the city, its people and food and then I go back to Chennai. I don’t think this pattern will change.”

Suriya admits his Hindi isn’t quite what Bollywood requires. “I’ve an assistant with me to help me with my Hindi dialogue. Ramu sir has assured me I don’t need to worry about my dialogue. I like to say my own lines on screen without prompting or someone else dubbing for me. I’ve to see how my Hindi goes. I did have a teacher in Chennai but that bookish Hindi won’t work in Hindi films.”

Soft-spoken and very focused on his career Suriya doesn’t see Rakta Charitra as a new beginning. “I took up this offer because I respect Ramu sir and the way he attempts new kind of cinema each time regardless of failure or success. He’s got plenty of innovative ideas. I love Rangeela and Sarkar. We’ve been friends for 4-5 years. When he narrated this script to me I thought I must be part of this project. Also there will be a Tamil and Telugu version of the film. So I thought I’d get a chance to simultaneously be on home ground and try something new.”

Bollywood is a different world for Suriya. “Bollywood has enough talented actors. I don’t think I’m needed here. Rakta Charitra required only 30-40 days of my time, so I could manage. I don’t think I’d be able to fit in a more time-taking Hindi project. I do have my commitments in Tamil cinema and I can’t give them up. Here the way of working is entirely different. I don’t know whether I can fit in. I don’t think I’d want to do the run-ofthe-mill Bollywood films. I want to do work that would challenge me as an actor.”

Ask him to rate himself as an actor, and Suriya, who played Aamir Khan’s role in the Tamil version of Ghajini, says, “I think my younger brother Karthik is a better actor than I am. I started taking myself seriously as an actor after doing Bala’s Nandha. I realised with a capable director I can get the performance right after 2-3 takes. I’ve seen my heroines getting it right in the first take. My wife is a onetake actor.”
http://movies.indiatimes.com/news-gossip/interviews/actors/Suriya-Im-not-needed-in-Bollywood/articleshow/5641133.cms[/tscii:c0dd306ff0]

raghavendran
9th March 2010, 07:54 PM
exclusive singam stills...
http://sify.com/movies/Singam-to-roar-soon-imagegallery-kollywood-kdis1ogfdjb.html

Aalavanthan
9th March 2010, 08:01 PM
[tscii:35f1c949de]
Ask him to rate himself as an actor, and Suriya, who played Aamir Khan’s role in the Tamil version of Ghajini, says, “I think my younger brother Karthik is a better actor than I am. I started taking myself seriously as an actor after doing Bala’s Nandha. I realised with a capable director I can get the performance right after 2-3 takes. I’ve seen my heroines getting it right in the first take. My wife is a onetake acto

idho paarungapaa.. avarae otthukondullaar.. idhugappuramum who is the better actor between the two ellam kekka pidaadhu.. One person in the hub will be the happiest :lol: [/tscii:35f1c949de]

raghavendran
9th March 2010, 08:05 PM
[tscii:1600bec958]
Ask him to rate himself as an actor, and Suriya, who played Aamir Khan’s role in the Tamil version of Ghajini, says, “I think my younger brother Karthik is a better actor than I am. I started taking myself seriously as an actor after doing Bala’s Nandha. I realised with a capable director I can get the performance right after 2-3 takes. I’ve seen my heroines getting it right in the first take. My wife is a onetake acto

idho paarungapaa.. avarae otthukondullaar.. idhugappuramum who is the better actor between the two ellam kekka pidaadhu.. One person in the hub will be the happiest :lol: [/tscii:1600bec958]
avar othukkudhan aganum

NOV
9th March 2010, 08:08 PM
[tscii:3170b2a7b7]
Will Suriya do Major Ravi’s Kandahar?

The Malayalam film director Major Ravi is quite a colourful character known for his military based films in Malayalam (Keerthichakra, Kurukshetra, Mission 90 Days) as he was a former commando. Remember that his Keerthichakra was dubbed into Tamil as Aran, with Jiiva played a role in the film?

Now Ravi is planning to do a film tentatively titled Kandahar based on the hijacking of Indian Airlines flight IC-814 in 1999 which was on its way from Kathmandu to New Delhi. The film will be a trilingual in Malayalam, Tamil and Hindi as it boasts of Mohanlal, Suriya and Amitabh Bachchan.

Amitabh when he came down to Cochin last week confirmed that he is doing a “cameo role in the film that won’t be more than three days and will probably shot in a Mumbai studio.”

A week later the Kerala media quoting Ravi said that “Suriya will play a commando and in all probability would be playing Amitabh's son in the film”. The buzz is that the film will be produced by Mohanlal’s right hand man Antony Perumbavoor in association with an NRI.

But when contacted, there is no official word from Suriya or his media manager on whether the actor will do Kandahar. However sources close to the development say that Suriya wants to be a pan Indian actor and is looking at Bollywood seriously.

Take a look at Suriya movies after Singam. He is doing Ram Gopal Varma’s Hindi and Telugu bi lingual Raktha Charitra with Vivek Oberoi. Next big film of his is with Ghajini director AR Murgadoss which will be having a Tamil, Telugu and Hindi version, and they have roped in Sruthi Hassan to be the heroine. :frightened:

So in all probability Suriya may be testing the waters and may do Kandahar as it has the legend Big B and Mohanlal who is known in Bollywood as a fine actor.
[/tscii:3170b2a7b7]

Bala (Karthik)
9th March 2010, 08:10 PM
Major Ravi nu keyword vandhaale paavam adhu dobakoor news dhaanga, rest assured :)

NOV
9th March 2010, 08:10 PM
avar othukkudhan aganumavar vEnumnaa oththukkalaam, aanaa naama oththukka vEndiya avasiyam illai. 8-)

NOV
9th March 2010, 08:12 PM
Major Ravi nu keyword vandhaale paavam adhu dobakoor news dhaanga, rest assured :)oic...
namakku tamizh padangala vitta vEru onnum theriyaadhu :lol:

Plum
9th March 2010, 08:13 PM
[tscii:4b529a8dfa]
Suriya admits his Hindi isn’t quite what Bollywood requires. “I’ve an assistant with me to help me with my Hindi dialogue. Ramu sir has assured me I don’t need to worry about my dialogue. I like to say my own lines on screen without prompting or someone else dubbing for me. I’ve to see how my Hindi goes. I did have a teacher in Chennai but that bookish Hindi won’t work in Hindi films.”

smart guy - I had ridiculed him in this thread earlier on this point that having a hindi teacher in chennai is not going to help him with bollywood movies.[/tscii:4b529a8dfa]

raghavendran
10th March 2010, 10:07 AM
[tscii:5932d811cc]

smart guy - I had ridiculed him in this thread earlier on this point that having a hindi teacher in chennai is not going to help him with bollywood movies.[/tscii:5932d811cc]
he wants to take the extra effort(menakedal) it seems...

udaykumar
13th March 2010, 08:24 PM
RAKTHA CHARITHRA FIRST LOOK SURYA STILLS

SURYA AS SURI

http://icdn1.indiaglitz.com/tamil/gallery/Events/rakthacharithra/raktha1332010_1.jpg

http://icdn1.indiaglitz.com/tamil/gallery/Events/rakthacharithra/raktha1332010_2.jpg

http://icdn1.indiaglitz.com/tamil/gallery/Events/rakthacharithra/raktha1332010_3.jpg

http://icdn1.indiaglitz.com/tamil/gallery/Events/rakthacharithra/raktha1332010_4.jpg

http://icdn1.indiaglitz.com/tamil/gallery/Events/rakthacharithra/raktha1332010_5.jpg

http://icdn1.indiaglitz.com/tamil/gallery/Events/rakthacharithra/raktha1332010_6.jpg

http://icdn1.indiaglitz.com/tamil/gallery/Events/rakthacharithra/raktha1332010_7.jpg

A.ANAND
14th March 2010, 02:01 PM
the same emotion!nothing diffrent look! :fatigue:

NOV
14th March 2010, 07:53 PM
[tscii:76181af9b5]

Udhayanidhi’s all praise for Suriya

Udhayanidhi Stalin has joined hands with Suriya for the second time. The ‘Aadhavan’ producer says the movie to be directed by A R Murugadoss would set new standards in Tamil cinema. :roll:

“We are bringing ace cinematographer Ravi K Chandran to Kollywood again with this film. He is so humble and down to earth even after a lot of achievements to his credit. Murugadoss’ hard work to polish the script was remarkable,” the young producer says.

He adds: “Shooting will commence soon and plans are on to release the film by the end of this year. :shock: Harris Jayaraj :2thumbsup: is busy composing tunes. On the whole, I am happy to work with Suriya, Murugadoss, Ravi K Chandran and Harris Jayaraj.”

On his other production venture which would have Kamal Haasan in the lead, Udhayanidhi says, “Kamal sir took me to the discussion room where I was stunned by his knowledge. He is a master of all subjects. We discussed for about 10 times so far. An official announcement will be made soon.” [/tscii:76181af9b5]

NOV
14th March 2010, 08:02 PM
Suriya out of Kandahar?

Contrary to earlier reports that popular Tamil-Telugu hero Suriya would be playing the role of a commando in Army office-turned-filmmaker Major Ravi's forthcoming bilingual Kandahar to be made simultaneously in Malayalam, Tamil and Telugu with Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan and Mohanlal in the lead, it is now heard that Suriya has called up Mohanlal and explained his inability to do the project as he has no free dates! Sources say that Mohanlal is now on the lookout for a saleable action hero in Tamil to replace Suriya.

Produced by Mohanlal's own Pranavam Arts, the film is inspired by the hijacking of Indian Airlines flight IC-814 in 1999. It was hijacked by five Pakistani militants while on its way from Kathmandu to New Delhi on Christmas Eve and was forced to land in three different airports (Amritsar, Lahore, and Dubai) before spending a week on the tarmac in Kandahar with 186 hostages on board. Kandahar will be shot in Delhi, Nepal and Kerala.

Thirumaran
15th March 2010, 06:24 PM
[tscii:30800ec0ec]
Suriya: I'm not needed in Bollywood!
Bollywood is a different world for Suriya. “Bollywood has enough talented actors. I don’t think I’m needed here.
http://movies.indiatimes.com/news-gossip/interviews/actors/Suriya-Im-not-needed-in-Bollywood/articleshow/5641133.cms[/tscii:30800ec0ec]

Suriya is right !!! Bollywood has many talented unlike kollywood.
Surya's Presence needed more in kollywood only :exactly:

raghavendran
15th March 2010, 07:31 PM
the same emotion!nothing diffrent look! :fatigue:
i also have the sane feeling ANAND...shabbaaa mudiyale... :irked:

NOV
15th March 2010, 07:35 PM
sounds insane to me. :rotfl3:

raghavendran
15th March 2010, 07:37 PM
sorry pa...slip of the tounge...same...sane ille

Prabo
15th March 2010, 08:11 PM
RAKTHA CHARITHRA FIRST LOOK SURYA STILLS

SURYA AS SURI

http://icdn1.indiaglitz.com/tamil/gallery/Events/rakthacharithra/raktha1332010_3.jpg

Same reactions :sigh2:

HonestRaj
22nd March 2010, 09:36 PM
[tscii:da5afeff2f]‘Aadhavan’ celebrates 100 days
IndiaGlitz [Monday, March 22, 2010]

Suriya’s ‘Aadhavan’ will celebrate its 100 days tomorrow in a hotel at Chennai.

‘Aadhavan’ directed by K S Ravikumar is produced by Udhayanidhi Stalin’s Red Giant Movies.

Padma Shri Kamal Haasan and Mr. Rama Narayanan, President of Tamil Producers’ Film Council are the Chief Guests and will distribute the shields to all the cast and the crew of ‘Aadhavan’.

Well, Suriya’s delivering hits consecutively, Varanam Aayiram, Ayan, Aadhavan, etc. Suriya is almost ready to hit the theatres this summer with Hari’s ‘Singam’.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/55484.html[/tscii:da5afeff2f]

NOV
27th March 2010, 07:16 PM
[tscii:e98b55787e]
Kamal's advise to Suriya

At the 100th day function of ‘Aadhavan’, Kamal Haasan gave a piece of advice to all the actors in general and Suriya in particular. Kamal said actors must put the success behind and move forward every time. He said the worst enemy for an actor is his previous film. What Kamal meant here is that if an actor rests on the previous laurels he then can’t move forward. Similarly if he is sulking for the previous failure then also he can’t move on.

The advice was well heeded by Suriya who has given successive hits starting with Vel, then Vaaranam Aayiram, Ayan and now Aadhavan. So Kamal was talking on the right stage to the right actor. But Suriya we know is one of the most responsible actors who doesn’t take success to his head. That’s why he is able to deliver hits after hits. And as he said on the same stage that he looks up to Kamal for inspiration after signing every film, Suriya knows what Kamal meant.

http://movies.indiatimes.com/news-gossip/regional-/tamil/Kamals-advise-to-Suriya/articleshow/5727018.cms[/tscii:e98b55787e]

NOV
27th March 2010, 07:28 PM
[tscii:2e7fcb282d]
Tamil films come first for Suriya

First things first. Those worried about Bollywood luring away their beloved Suriya from Kollywood can now put their minds at ease. The 34-year-old star, who has been having a series of successes, has made it amply clear that no matter what, Tamil films come first for him.

“My priority is Tamil films. Raktha Charithra with Ram Gopal Varma sir is just another opportunity that I got and that’s the reason I’m doing it. I don’t see my career going that way. If at all there is an impressive project there which I think will help my market grow, I might do it. Otherwise, my roots are in Chennai and my foothold is in Tamil,” he clarifies.

The crew of Aadhavan recently celebrated the occasion of the film completing 100 days. So, how does he feel about delivering hit after hit?

Says the star, “I would consider the success of both my films last year as a leap. When I get to know that collections have doubled, the first thought that strikes me is not a sense of joy and pride. Rather, it is the feeling that so many more people have watched me and are now intently following what I’m doing. When I realise this, it only induces an element of fear and makes me more responsible. I’m accountable to all those viewers. So, I make every effort, right from the word go, to ensure that the projects I do are perfect.”

The star, who is known for his sense of humour, referred to veteran actress Saroja Devi as Kannadathu Paingili at the 100th day function of Aadhavan, much to the delight of all those present, including the veteran actress herself. Draw his attention to it and he chuckles, “In one of my earlier movies, Pithamagan, I play the role of a tricky salesman who sells a bottle of perfume to a customer by offering him a soap box, which I claim has been used by her. Recently, she pretended to chide me for it saying, ‘Kannadaththu Paingilinnu solli soapu dabba vithiya?’ (Did you try to sell a soap box saying it belonged to the Kannadathu Paingili?) I wanted to pull her leg again and felt like saying it one more time. That was why I said it on stage.”

Needless to say, Suriya’s next film Singam too has triggered expectations. He says, “Singam will be a trademark film of Hari sir. But he’s again shown me in a different shade. It is not a regular village film. It will be a good summer release that will satisfy the audiences of all centres. I’m confident about it.”

Finally, ask him what’s so special about this movie and he says, “My characterisation in the film is different. I play a village cop called Duraisingam.”

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/regional/news-interviews/Tamil-films-come-first-for-Suriya/articleshow/5719207.cms[/tscii:2e7fcb282d]

BM
31st March 2010, 11:08 PM
Behindwoods Aadhavan contest meet:

Part - 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j0Q6VYjQcM

BM
31st March 2010, 11:10 PM
Part - 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCl85HHGYtY

NOV
8th April 2010, 07:37 AM
[tscii:a762ec2e10]Suriya in Parthiban direction
IndiaGlitz [Wednesday, April 07, 2010]

Parthiban is known for his creative ways of expressing his feelings to his friends on special days. His bouquets are always a talking point at the household of Suriya whenever he celebrates his birth day. Even Parthiban’s Manitha Neya Mantram is said to have influenced Suriya largely in forming his own Agaram Foundation. Now the off screen friendship between Suriya and Parthiban is all set to take roots on big screen.

Buzz is that Suriya is impressed with a story of Parthiban and is likely to do the film under Parthiban direction. It also says Parthiban and Suriya were to do a film after ‘Mounam Pesiyathey’ but that did not happen for some reasons. But the critics say director Vasanth has been trying for very long to get the dates of Suriya but not getting it. If Suriya hasn’t preferred Vasanth yet will he with Parthiban?

[/tscii:a762ec2e10]

Surya
2nd May 2010, 04:51 PM
Mounam Pesiyadhe. 8-) Even tho his performances were great in gajini, kaaka kaaka and perazhagan, I like the Charecter he played in MP, and ofcourse the way he played it.

It was realistic. I know a couple guys who are sort of like Gautham. it was entertaining to watch it again recently after I came to india. :)

Surya
3rd May 2010, 11:35 AM
F[/tscii:a373c74a41]rom that Article in Ram Gopal Verma's blog::::

Amitabh Bachchan has a holding power through his eyes which look outwardly as calm as a sea. But if you look closely enough they have the depth of an ocean. In contrast the feelings in Surya’s eyes are like a seething volcano erupting through a rough sea. In some close-ups in “Rakta Charitra” I felt that the intensity in his eyes would burn the camera. I find it difficult to understand what emotional depths and sensitivity Surya as a person could have experienced in life for him to be possessing so much within his eyes for him to be able to convey such tremendous intensity through his eyes. His eyes don’t just speak… they literally scream.

P.S: I am posting some pics of Surya in here from some scenes in “Rakta Charitra” to illustrate this point of mine.

http://rgvzoomin.com/mr-eyes/

Pics ellam Merratudhu! 8-)

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4038/4479482197_5ca3277bba.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2737/4480144562_d302747815.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4027/4480242263_a3742f934f.jpg

Appu s
4th May 2010, 03:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQwQfRgCKFM&feature=player_embedded#

vithagan
4th May 2010, 05:03 PM
Tamil Version !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Exxqd37yaDw&feature=player_embedded#!

Too much violence.. perukku yetha maadhiri.. Padam fulla Rathamaa irukum pola :huh:

Anyway looking forward for the film in August . I like RGV movie style :)

raghavendran
4th May 2010, 05:39 PM
[quote="Surya"][tscii:9a25bc9fbe]F[/tscii:9a25bc9fbe]rom that Article in Ram Gopal Verma's blog::::

Amitabh Bachchan has a holding power through his eyes which look outwardly as calm as a sea. But if you look closely enough they have the depth of an ocean. In contrast the feelings in Surya’s eyes are like a seething volcano erupting through a rough sea. In some close-ups in “Rakta Charitra” I felt that the intensity in his eyes would burn the camera. I find it difficult to understand what emotional depths and sensitivity Surya as a person could have experienced in life for him to be possessing so much within his eyes for him to be able to convey such tremendous intensity through his eyes. His eyes don’t just speak… they literally scream.

thats a gud observation

raghavendran
4th May 2010, 06:02 PM
eventhough it is loaded with blood gore and violence...surya's actiing might just b gr8 in this film i sense....he is very intense...he once said this is a men's film..but rgv...is in bad form...doubtful whether he wil pull it off

MADDY
12th May 2010, 11:07 AM
[tscii:82724d76e6]Children who couldn’t continue education because of poverty can contact: AGARAM foundation founded by Suriya (Actor), www.agaram.in , Ph: 9841091000. Please forward this message to all. It may help 1000s of children who needs Education[/tscii:82724d76e6]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
12th May 2010, 03:33 PM
[tscii:5374d35d91]WHAT DOES MURUGADOSS HAVE IN STORE?

AR Murugadoss

May 11, 2010

Director AR Murugadoss has always given films that delve around something new. His novel ideas were evident in Ramana and later in the hit film Ghajini which was such a big blockbuster that it took AR Murugadoss to Bollywood and he became an acclaimed director on an all India level.

This director is back in Kollywood again and has teamed up with Suriya. The film is the hot topic for discussion among the movie buffs because reports suggest that the story line is extremely unique. Also, there are rumors that Murugadoss has named the film Ezhavathu Arivu. But the director has not confirmed the title, so we don’t know if it’s true. We will keep you posted.

source: behindwoods[/tscii:5374d35d91]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
12th May 2010, 03:34 PM
[tscii:0735ff7283]The 'Seventh Sense' of Murugadoss

IndiaGlitz [Wednesday, May 12, 2010]

You have heard of the sixth sense in human beings. Now what is this Seventh Sense? Read on.

A R Murugadoss has already challenged that his next film is going to be the best Indian movie ever. The challenge was liked by all creative geniuses including Kamal Haasan. So Murugadoss has started his efforts from the title onwards.

The new film of Murugadoss with Suriya is at the end of its pre-production stage and the unit will leave for China in the first week of June. That is the first schedule. Currently the director is busy with Harris Jayaraj finalising the song recordings. To the much anticipated film Murugadoss has given the title 'Ezhavathu Arivu'. It means seventh sense which is a level more than the sixth sense which characterises human beings.

Udhayanidhi Stalin produces this film which unites Murugadoss and Suriya after the phenomenally successful 'Ghajini' in 2005.

So will the hero of the film Suriya be a super human in the film. The ‘Ghajini’ combo can make it possible.[/tscii:0735ff7283]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
12th May 2010, 03:35 PM
well i'm expecting very intense film from murugadoss....he is very confident...that too he says that his film with surya will be the best indian film ever made....lets see...

Stiglitz
12th May 2010, 05:56 PM
The 7th sense...hmm...interesting as all of ARM's ideas are. :thumbsup:

Hope the music for this one is atleast ARR of Harris! :roll:

raghavendran
12th May 2010, 06:09 PM
hope it shows surya in a greater level...hope his acting comes gud....its a huge film though..one of the most anticipated in 2011...it wil b

Stiglitz
12th May 2010, 06:16 PM
Superhuman is a subject that's been done a million times in Tamil Films!

From Rajini/Kamal to Surya/Ajith/VJ's latest SURA! :lol: Appo adhukku "Ivan oru Superhero" appadinu sollalai, avalavudhaan, but they did all sorts of Superman Bullsht! :lol:

If tamil Audience are to recieve this film well, then The Superhero should do things that are so collosal, that it's out of the question even for ppl like VJK, and Rajini to do on screen...

Appadi enna vittu vechirukaange? :confused2:

HonestRaj
12th May 2010, 08:00 PM
Superhuman is a subject that's been done a million times in Tamil Films!

From Rajini/Kamal to Surya/Ajith/VJ's latest SURA! :lol: Appo adhukku "Ivan oru Superhero" appadinu sollalai, avalavudhaan, but they did all sorts of Superman Bullsht! :lol:

If tamil Audience are to recieve this film well, then The Superhero should do things that are so collosal, that it's out of the question even for ppl like VJK, and Rajini to do on screen...

Appadi enna vittu vechirukaange? :confused2:

oh superhero story'ah.. parkkalam :wink:

udaykumar
12th May 2010, 08:08 PM
[tscii:cc168f1d70]
Suriya is hot for Gul Panag

Suriya has just started his Bollywood journey and it looks like by the time he reaches the destination the entire Bollywood would be his admirers.

We know Ram Gopal Verma raves about Suriya and particularly his eyes. Now we have a Bollywood beauty rooting for the macho Suriya.

Bollywood Actress and Miss India 1999 Gul Panag has showered praise on Suriya. She has tweeted recently “I bumped into Ram Gopal Varma and southern star Suriya last night, while at dinner. The latter is as hot as he is rumoured to be.”

The hot Suriya will be making his debut in Bollywood with RGV’s ‘Raththa Charithram’ whose trailer is already making news about Suriya. What more Suriya?[/tscii:cc168f1d70]

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
12th May 2010, 09:43 PM
[tscii:48d44a7e23]

Suriya has just started his Bollywood journey and it looks like by the time he reaches the destination the entire Bollywood would be his admirers.

We know Ram Gopal Verma raves about Suriya and particularly his eyes. Now we have a Bollywood beauty rooting for the macho Suriya.

Bollywood Actress and Miss India 1999 Gul Panag has showered praise on Suriya. She has tweeted recently “I bumped into Ram Gopal Varma and southern star Suriya last night, while at dinner. The latter is as hot as he is rumoured to be.”

The hot Suriya will be making his debut in Bollywood with RGV’s ‘Raththa Charithram’ whose trailer is already making news about Suriya. What more Suriya?[/tscii:48d44a7e23]

Ivanga 1999 miss india...appo kandippa admire pannuvaanga surya va......but bolly is daily filling with super hereos....already don is there...aamir, salman, sahid, akshay, oberoi....well its difficult for surya...but constant hits can make him little popular....

raghavendran
13th May 2010, 03:19 PM
[tscii:fff957e699]

The hot Suriya will be making his debut in Bollywood with RGV’s ‘Raththa Charithram’ whose trailer is already making news about Suriya. What more Suriya?[/tscii:fff957e699]

Ivanga 1999 miss india...appo kandippa admire pannuvaanga surya va......but bolly is daily filling with super hereos....already don is there...aamir, salman, sahid, akshay, oberoi....well its difficult for surya...but constant hits can make him little popular....je wont go thr...this itself he cnsiders as a tamil film only...he has clearly said he has no bollywood intensions...

kid-glove
13th May 2010, 03:27 PM
Rumours of Surya doing a trilingual film with Puri Jagannath, produced by RGV.

Puri is the telugu filmmaker who gave the original Pokiri, original Badri, Amma Nanna O Tamila Ammayi (remade in tamil as M.Kumaran), Idiot, Chiruta, Desamuduru - that's one racist film if you're a Thamizhan..

An apt choice for a massy trilingual Masala film IMHO..

Thalaivar
13th May 2010, 03:42 PM
poor suriya, in the north everyone is taller than he, even 15-year old girls :(:(

kid-glove
13th May 2010, 03:44 PM
Aamir is 5'5
Surya is 5'6

Thalaivar
13th May 2010, 03:47 PM
the exception proves the rule :D

Thirumaran
13th May 2010, 03:48 PM
poor suriya, in the north everyone is taller than he, even 15-year old girls :(:(

No issues.. that might lead to new experiments.. :2thumbsup:

Plum
13th May 2010, 03:53 PM

Puri is the telugu filmmaker who gave the original Pokiri, original Badri, Amma Nanna O Tamila Ammayi (remade in tamil as M.Kumaran), Idiot, Chiruta, Desamuduru - that's one racist film if you're a Thamizhan..

Mr Kid - enna orEy telugu cinema-la muzhusA iRangittInga? What's brewing ;-)

Idiot was remade by Chimbu, if I remember right. That one with the pillar-sized Kannada heroine, who also acted in a Vijay movie, Forget its name, Infact, she was the heroine of the telugu idiot. Which movie was this? Simbu fans, please tell :-)

Sarna
13th May 2010, 03:55 PM

Idiot was remade by Chimbu, if I remember right. That one with the pillar-sized Kannada heroine, who also acted in a Vijay movie, Forget its name, Infact, she was the heroine of the telugu idiot. Which movie was this? Simbu fans, please tell :-)

Simbu movie is DHUM :smokesmirk:

Vijay :- Machchaan pEru Madhura :shoot:

kid-glove
13th May 2010, 04:03 PM

I'm reasonably versed in Telugu cinema. Even if I don't watch all the films, I'm aware of the state the industry is in.

Some of my cousins live in Andhra & we fight for our respective film industries. We get to watch films in both languages, to keep up with each other.

Plum
13th May 2010, 04:09 PM

Simbu movie is DHUM :smokesmirk:

Vijay :- Machchaan pEru Madhura :shoot:

idhellAm sollunga. andha heroine pEru mattum sollAdhinga :evil: :lol:

Plum
13th May 2010, 04:11 PM
Desamuduru
Is this the Allu Arjun vehicle where that hindi serial child artiste played a 'monk'?

Sarna
13th May 2010, 04:14 PM
Dhum heroine - Rakshitha :sigh2:

Dheshamudhuru heroine - Hansika chavla :slurp:

kid-glove
13th May 2010, 04:16 PM
Desamuduru
Is this the Allu Arjun vehicle where that hindi serial child artiste played a 'monk'?
Yeah..

Plum
13th May 2010, 04:19 PM
Dhum heroine - Rakshitha :sigh2:

Dheshamudhuru heroine - Hansika chavla :slurp:

What's the :sigh2: for? Positive or negative? thothalO vathalO pEru therinju vechukkaNum adhAn namma policy :-) (although this one is the exact opposite of thothal or vathal)

Ah Yes Hansika Motwani(not Chawla). adhukku andha padam aPPO 15 vayasAm :roll:

BTW, nInga Chimbu fan-nu confarm paNntitInga