PDA

View Full Version : || Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya | ARR |Gautham Menon | Simbhu ||

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

Babu606
11th January 2010, 11:51 PM
Ya aromale is wonderful. it has taken some time to grow the song on me.

in love with Aromale,,, 60s-70s Rock with mallu lyrics,,, wonderfull.... no other tunes are catchy for me,,, few bits and bytes from mannippaya is inspiring,,, may be the more i hear better i like other songs!

vijayr
11th January 2010, 11:58 PM
Mannipaaya..Yes, as a fan,I am willing to forgive Rahman for this tune

Vinnaithaandi - once again PF and classic rock influence. Fans of the genre will like this song a bit. Experimental, again.

Hosanna -Blaaze almost ruined it for me.The song didnt need him.This one sounds like it will grow a bit on further listens

Overall- I like experimentation when the soul isnt compromised. Delhi-6 had both in ample measures. Thats probably why I feel Rahman will be hardpressed to top that effort for quite a while. He has to benchmark himself against himself with that kind of an album.That's tough. The 2 songs that worked for me here a bit were the classic rock-inspired ones, which I feel is more a reflection of my taste for that genre than Rahman's work. But don't mistake, this soundtrack is still fresher than most of the crap that gets churned out in TFM these days. Just that it doesnt quite hit the bull's eye.
I'll go back to Dil Gira dafatan.

shocker
12th January 2010, 12:16 AM
Mannipaaya..Yes, as a fan,I am willing to forgive Rahman for this tune...

So I wasn't the only one!

Bala (Karthik)
12th January 2010, 12:54 AM
Aaromale - On poor quality earphones, unfortunately

On first hearing, a classic rock number, slightly Floydian (WYWH), wild west too perhaps -as in 'Blaze Of Glory' and very slightly the feel of the Moody Blues (Nights in White Satin) but in the end, it comes out as something of its own, thanks in good measure to the rhythm (sounds like acoustic drums with brush strokes as in an unplugged concert but there's something about the rhythm which is unusual. A bit Indian, perhaps?), as the melody brought in by the chorus. Need a few more listens, needless to say

This is an example to "original" freaks in all sides and camps. It is not a crime to get inspired, and there is seldom an uninspired work. More importantly, like DevD did early last year, its left people scratching their heads and talk about the inspirations in a positive manner of discussion and exchange, rather than a juvenile ego-filled "hey it feels like that song, so its bad".

Thamizhvanan,
Definitely not 'Great Gig In The Sky'-nga! 'Have a cigar' - idhuvum i'm not sure....

Ramakrishna
12th January 2010, 01:25 AM
What about the other songs?

Bala (Karthik)
12th January 2010, 01:29 AM
Just listened to this one Rama. Will listen to the other songs tomorrow

Yathu
12th January 2010, 01:36 AM
My initial thoughts on VTV:

Omana Penne - Really like the nadheswaram that comes in the background and Kalyani Menon's part. Tune wise, its slightly repetitive, maybe could've been more interesting, especially the closing portion.

Anbil Avan - A mish mash of lots of different sounds. Not too sure about the wedding church organ. An Indianised gospel sound? Didn't excite me straight away.

Kanukul Kanai - Like Naresh's vocals. I felt that both this and Anbil Avan have a SOK's Maricham/ Machakari kind of sound. Again not instantly likeable. :huh:

Mannipaya - Looked promising on the credits. However, I'm struggling to understand the song. It fails to evoke any kind of emotion in me. Both Shreya and ARR sound bland.

Aaromale - A definite thumbs up. Really liked it from the first listen. Alphonse has truly got a mighty voice. Laid back, cool. :2thumbsup:

Hosanna - The chartbuster of the album. With this song we got an added bonus of getting a rare insight into the way ARR works. We were able to compare the draft and final version and what a difference. The final version sounds rich, full and complete. Extra beats, strings, love it! :2thumbsup:

Vinnaithandi Varuvaya - Cold sounds. I can't think of another way of describing my intial feelings. Unimpressive melody.

ARR is taking us to new sounds and new levels of experimentation. There's no doubting his genius and ability to think outside the box, but with this album I'm feeling slightly left behind. The sounds are fascinating but I don't understand some of the melodies. They are a little too abstract, at times sounding too simple and at other times sounding too complex.

The beauty of ARRs work for me is the emotions they evoke. In this album I can honestly say that the only song that I'm truly enjoying listening to at the moment is Hosanna.

I guess the only thing left to say is, my opinions are likely to change.

baba88
12th January 2010, 01:59 AM
I dont know why so many people dont like Mannipaya. It's really a classic song. I think the problem is that everybody wants love the album instantly but just wait 2 more days and listen to the album a few times. After a while you will start to like the songs automatically. Once you start to have some of the lyrics in your mind and also the tune it will work.

baroque
12th January 2010, 02:13 AM
I love மன்னிப்பாயா.....
pure poetry, evocative Shreya with keyboard bgm.. a magical piano, humming, very nice tempo! :musicsmile:

I absolutely love the soothing mood & urbane/cosmopolitan essence in the album.

anbil avan.. is a rhythmic delight with again minimal instrumentation with the choir & hindu marriage ..
கல்யாணம் ஜோராக நடந்திடுச்சு ....

LOVING the three songs I checked so far!
vinatha.

ajaybaskar
12th January 2010, 02:42 AM
Ajay, i wasnt impressed with the album. So i can reply to ur 'assumption'. I dunno if u wanna believe this or not, but for the past many years, ive been surviving fully on ARR's 90s album ( i really mean it, 24/7 with all his old hits for many year ). And some tracks here and there, like Sarvam's Siragugal, Vaamanan's Edho Seigirai and Oru Devathai, Aayarithil Oruvan songs, and latest Goa's Valiba Vaa. I dun think these are sub-standards albums/songs.

When the whole world was going behind Ayan and Aadhavan songs and what not, i was the only 1 who have laughing at the songs and was blasting Thiruda Thiruda and Kadhalan songs in my Car.

So if a person who enjoyed a sub-standard album and he praised VTV album, should i say that VTV album too is a sub-standard album? Ur logic does not apply at all.

Please do not assume and comment on people u dunno. This is my sincere advice and request.

Back to the thread's topic, Hosanna is truly great! Vijay Prakash has a very powerful voice. Omana Penne is truly special with Kalyani's portion. Loved the fusion here. Dinesh, i wrote it for people who listened to sub standard albums. Albums like the ones you laughed at. I know you well and if you remember, i go by your recommendation to listen to songs composed by other MDs. Eg: Thulasichediya and perunthil nee.. Give some more time for VTV and as Anand said you will have a different opinion in a week's time.

shocker
12th January 2010, 03:04 AM
Yathu your opinion will most definitely change. The title song is maginificent, you said it was cold in your first impression. It is hard to understand why the start is so strange and unsettling, then when ARR bursts in with the strings and the moving melody, you can understand why it was necessary.
I couldn't agree with you more, Kalyani Menon's vocals put the nicest twist to the song, I really like her voice (maybe it is just the old radio type processing).

A few people here have also shared my disappointment with Mannipaya.

Also what is up with the random chanting, I do not like how it comes in.
The sound of this song is like ARRs old stuff.

NormalMan
12th January 2010, 03:50 AM
Romba romba sumaar album.

Yathu
12th January 2010, 05:45 AM
Yathu your opinion will most definitely change.

Yeah I think it just a matter of when it will change now. It's actually quite funny 'cos this is something that non-ARR fans ridicule us on. We don't like one of ARRs new releases at first and then we start raving about it! :lol: It's just the nature of ARRs compositions. He re-wires your hearing.

Also what is up with the random chanting, I do not like how it comes in. It is reminiscent of the Jodha Akbar stuff.

I thought the sudden, abrupt chanting bit was the saving grace of the song. Gave it some life!

A.ANAND
12th January 2010, 06:17 AM

entha kaalathila nee arr album super innu solli iruke? :lol:

A.ANAND
12th January 2010, 07:16 AM
First of all, I do not support piracy. I wanted to wait until Tuesday before hearing the songs and eventually writing a review, but the weaker part of me got the upper hand this time and I caved in. Please forgive me. I assure you that I did order the CD from Amazon and awaiting that in the mail.

If there's a distinct trend that I see in ARR's music over time, it's his reduced emphasis on musical adventurism and acrobatics and increased emphasis on subtle musical forms within a composition, often perceived subjectively as "not living up to his own standards". I don't agree with that notion since it's ARR who recreates his own standards with each release, just like destroying his own ego before a compositional session. The burden of responsibility to recognize this is up to the listener, who may be challenged and confounded by expectations and biases, which is normal and natural. Again, these are trends only and just from my observational standpoint.. .nothing is black and white or exclusionary. This trend may be a function of two forces: 1)Age (emphasizing more of a gestaltic perspective) 2) Progressive evolution as part of a unique artist whose mindset is bent on conceptual expansion and really trying hard to avoid being typecasted, escaping from his own set trails to form new and distinct roads. The music of VTV is a major step in AR's evolutionary process as an artist who's never content with the status quo, or even his own previous success. Remember, it's the artist over the entertainer, and in VTV, it's the pure artist within ARR, even beyond musician, that is in the driver's seat. I will not comment on the lyrics since I don't understand Tamil.

1) Omanna Penne:
Steady and soothing.... .a composition that oozes with spiritualness and introspection. I love how AR juxtaposes the Western rhythms with the Carnatic raagas first by the female voice, and weaving throughout the stylistic Nadaswaram, whose roots are deeply carnatic, but expressed so universally in this track. Wonderful singing by Benny and the Nadaswaram ending is surely a page from the Rehna Tu continuum outro. Nothing fancy in this composition, but the feeling left behind is extrenmely elevating and cleansing. Fantastic start. (8/10)

2) Anbil Avan:
ARR at his playful best. He must have had a lot of fun putting this track together. There is nothing heavy or mindblowing about this track, but what makes it work for me is the joyful innocence in the melody and the very interesting sonic arrangements using a Shehnai type sound juxtaposed with a church organ sound. The musical interlude that has this also has some very nice, quick chord progressions that defy banality. The melody sticks easy and would be a fun song to dance with. (7/10)

3) Vinnathaandi Varuvaayaa:
Wow......what a minimalistic impact! Minimalistic impact is something that I have been missing from Rahman's ouevre in recent films, but here it is, in its full glory and form. Using a minimalistic sound template for a title song is quite bold and outside the box, but boy does it work for me!!! The acoustic strings (guitar? harp?) along with vibes and small bells create such a unique, peaceful ambience in this song that transports me into a dreamlike world. Beautiful string additions in the mid section only add depth to amazing vocals, chords, and heartfelt emotions in this gem, but likely to be underrated track. Delicate, subtle, dreamy, ambient, soft, restrained, soothing, warming..... I can go on and on..... Again, a track doesn't have to be complex and adventursome to be powerful.... this is the genius of AR....he can create such a powerful ambience using minimal quantity. (8/10)

4) Hosana:
There is no other composer in India who can arrange better than AR. In this song, many of AR's strengths are showcased... ..sound structure, layered, thick, yet uncluttered arrangements, symphonic textures, haunting melody, soothing ambience. The sound layers are so clean and crisp....that beautiful strumming acoustic guitar is so nice!!! Also worthy of metion is the high toned Scottish flavored flute and the subtle mandolin rhythms in sync with the main rhythms, punctuated by the pulsating string sections. The female choir with the angelic expression is one of the most beautiful choir sounds I've heard. This song sticks to you and won't let go. A complete masterpiece IMO that is one of the best songs that ARR has composed in recent years. (9/10)

5) Kunnukkul Kannai
Another playful techno oriented track with some pleasing electronic arrangements. The unique feature of this track for me are the string quartet type rhythmic accents throughout that give this youth song a very Western classical feel. Relatively simple by composition and sound, but again, a nice dance number with good melody. Rahman not living up to his standards on this one? Well, that's up to you to decide, but it's an enjoyable one for me, though If I had to pick my least favorite in this soundtrack, it's this one. (7/10)

6) Mannipaaya
I was looking forward to this song ever since I knew Shreya and AR would be singing it, a romantic duet. The song has everything I could hope for in a romantic duet....breathtakin g melody, beautiful soundscapes, sophisticated arrangements, gentle ambience, subtle symphonic artistry. I love the piano backdrop and so many of the symphonic instruments can be heard in isolation... oboe, clarinet, tympany, flute, etc. A very subtle masterpiece in my opinion, that can only be appreciated by those with a certain musical sensitivity and emotional open-ness, and of course, who like mushy romantic numbers! The melody is quite drawn out with long contours, so it's not a song that's easily melodically remembered the first time go, but certainly sticks with you with repeated exposure. Strengths of this track...mood, delicate arrangements, subtle artistry, certain melodic sections, innocence, sincerity. One of the album's highlights for sure and I hope it's picturized well (9/10)

7) Aaromale
Wow.....just wow!!! AR takes a page from the Pink Floyd era, but nothing here is lifted or copied. Sensual, stylistic, clean acoustic guitar playing along with passionate and mindblowing vocals by Alphonse make this track simply mindblowing. What is so unique about this song is again, minimalistic impact with sound, instruments, but also chordal architecture. ......there are only 2 alternating chords being used in the entire song!! Can you believe it? The chorus part which begins with "Susti Susti" harks on raaga Bhimpalas to create a magical effect....imagine. ..juxaposing a 2 chord bluesy guitar riff with a raaga based melody.....only AR....only AR.... The added percussions increasing the tempo only add to the intensity and sinisterness to this pathbreaking and out of the box track. And man, what an ending...the way the vocals fade out......oh man!!!! The ambience created is just out of this world....it leaves me stunned, mesmerized, in awe. (10/10)!!!

General highlights of this album include minimalistic impact, originality, very sophisticated and classy arrangements, incredibly strong ambience and sound quality, and soothing influence. I don't think anyone will be complaining about sound issues in this album like we saw for Blue, as ARR I think paid a lot more attention to that aspect this time around, perhaps keeping our "Blue" feedback in mind??? The soundtrack also has a wide range of styles, sounds, musical forms that keep you interested. Because of the highly international, situational, and somewhat unconventional nature of the songs, these will only be appreciated most with time, post movie visuals, and by those who are most open minded about music in general. Those who only like the antara-mukhda type film songs will find the listening experience to be awkward and just too esoteric. Also, except for the first track with carnatic raagas, most of the rest of the album is void of obvious ethnic Indian sounds/styles/ forms, consistent with the international and more universal musical approach. This again, may be a turn off to some. Like all new ARR albums, esp. ones like this that have some unconventional and new elements, it will take time to grow.

My overall rating....9/ 10. A distinct highlight of ARR's career...one of the very finest musical packages you will find anywhere in the world today, not because of its complexity, wizzardry, or dynamics, but for sincerity, ambience, mood, minimalism, subtlety, and overall spiritualness. A nice instrumental track addition would have made this album perfect for me.

from,arryg

baroque
12th January 2010, 07:23 AM
checked out the fourth song.
kannukkule.....Fantastic fast tempo violin dance number is very addictive. :musicsmile:
It is a stylish album from Rahman.
vinatha.

MADDY
12th January 2010, 09:46 AM
Mannipaaya..Yes, as a fan,I am willing to forgive Rahman for this tune

:lol:

Overall- I like experimentation when the soul isnt compromised. Delhi-6 had both in ample measures. Thats probably why I feel Rahman will be hardpressed to top that effort for quite a while. He has to benchmark himself against himself with that kind of an album.That's tough. The 2 songs that worked for me here a bit were the classic rock-inspired ones, which I feel is more a reflection of my taste for that genre than Rahman's work. But don't mistake, this soundtrack is still fresher than most of the crap that gets churned out in TFM these days. Just that it doesnt quite hit the bull's eye.
I'll go back to Dil Gira dafatan.

thanks vijay for giving your views :D .......all the "not-so-happy" reviews have benchmarked this with Delhi-6 and im happy abt it......Delhi-6 is a watershed effort in ARR's career IMO, whereas VTV is a mere experiment trying to veer away from raaga based/existing mode of compositions - a reflection of his growing hollywood sensibilities - which is why the tunes of kannukkul, aaromale wont be liked instantly IMO.....i feel rahman has gone safe with instantly likable pallavis of hosanna, omana penne and let his experiment hat loose in other songs.......whether it has hit the jackpot or not, only people like u, Brangan can say but as far as me - i listen to a lot of modern day composers and to my untrained ears - i feel the orchestrations, arrangements, instruments etc are something unheard of.....there is a attractive surface beneath the main surface.......i honestly donno how to calculate the depth :D

rayan36
12th January 2010, 09:53 AM
i dunno ppl, imo i havent got that feeling yet with this album :? ....maybe needs time....hmmmm

MADDY
12th January 2010, 10:01 AM
Aaromale - On poor quality earphones, unfortunately

On first hearing, a classic rock number, slightly Floydian (WYWH), wild west too perhaps -as in 'Blaze Of Glory' and very slightly the feel of the Moody Blues (Nights in White Satin) but in the end, it comes out as something of its own, thanks in good measure to the rhythm (sounds like acoustic drums with brush strokes as in an unplugged concert but there's something about the rhythm which is unusual. A bit Indian, perhaps?), as the melody brought in by the chorus. Need a few more listens, needless to say

This is an example to "original" freaks in all sides and camps. It is not a crime to get inspired, and there is seldom an uninspired work. More importantly, like DevD did early last year, its left people scratching their heads and talk about the inspirations in a positive manner of discussion and exchange, rather than a juvenile ego-filled "hey it feels like that song, so its bad".

Thamizhvanan,
Definitely not 'Great Gig In The Sky'-nga! 'Have a cigar' - idhuvum i'm not sure....

:clap:

arsaregama
12th January 2010, 10:08 AM
The title song could be the dark horse ... simple reason is that i am not able to predict this song... new surprises every time ....and it could be one of the best efforts of arr in terms of instrument minimalisation.

Scale
12th January 2010, 10:14 AM
Amazing response Guys :clap: Whether you like it or not. I am loving it :thumbsup:

ajaybaskar
12th January 2010, 10:14 AM
V T V audio creates history!

... and that too, even before its launch here! Chennai Times presents the big story

SREEDHAR PILLAI Times News Network

AR Rahmans highly-anticipated and eagerly-awaited soundtrack from the film Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa will be launched on Tuesday, at a popular multiplex in the city. What takes the anticipation to new heights is the fact that the audio has created history even before release! There is said to be a terrific advance booking for the audio CD of the film on a shopping portal. Surely, that must be sweet music to Gautham Vasudev Menons ears!

A spokesperson for the music company, which is distributing the album, said, For the first time ever, there has been such an overwhelming pre-release response for CD orders . The CD has already been marked as Number 1 in the category of World Music Far East & Asia on the portal, implying that it has become a topseller even before its release . This album is A R Rahmans first, after his double whammy at the Academy Awards and just before the Grammy Awards, which is scheduled to happen in February. A sneak preview of the music of VTV was held in London on December 19 last year, where the entire cast and crew, including A R Rahman, Gautham Menon, Simbu, Trisha and all the singers, were present. Talking about the sneak peek, Gautham Vasudev Menon said, London was a great experience. We had an unplugged performance of all the songs by the singers who have lent their voices to the album. The audience was predominantly British and they loved the music. People felt it sounded very international hardly surprising, considering it was composed by AR Rahman . The intention was to reach out and test the music on an international audience . It created a big buzz.

Meanwhile, as part of the promotion, a song from the film Hosanna has been aired for the first time across all FM stations in Tamil Nadu. And on January 12, the official audio launch will take place in Chennai at a multiplex and AR Rahman will be present. On the occasion, a few songs from the film, which is scheduled to release on February 12, will be screened and all the singers will perform live. Audio trade predicts that VTV might go on to become the largest selling audio in Tamil film history, due to Rahmania. Gautham Vasudev Menon concludes with a smile, Expectations from the film are tremendous and the pressure is on me now.

http://lite.epaper.timesofindia.com/getpage.aspx?pageid=24&pagesize=&edid=&edlabel=TOICH&mydateHid=11-01-2010&pubname=&edname=&publabel=TOI

dinesh2002
12th January 2010, 10:23 AM
Ajay, true. ARR had give this album a new dimension that it was not a digestible album at first. many fans (including) me was already dreaming of another Alaipayuthey,KKKK or KKS. There is no clear melody except Mannipaya. And im hooked to it. it doesnt let me listen to other songs to even change my view on it so far. haha.
I listened to Aaromale again, and i notice it had many indian influence to it. a very very good blend between that west genre and the indian raag sprinkled into it.

I know i will change my view on VTV very soon.

Scale
12th January 2010, 10:47 AM
vijayr,

Thanks for your valuable comments!

Comparing ARR Vs ARR is something not quibble in the current scenario. His HFM has been steady, consistent and highly innovative JA, JTYJN, Delhi6 except Blue for known reasons. The project should demand those ample measures for quality and soulful compositions and ARR should have the time to deliver it. Whereas TFM are mostly deferring works and possible use of COMK songs could have been here. Inspite of all these global trotting I am glad that he managed to deliver a pretty fresh, enjoyable album. No regrets!

Lets see what ARR has to offer in "Ravan" aka "Asokavanam".

rayan36
12th January 2010, 11:05 AM
vijayr,

Thanks for your valuable comments!

Comparing ARR Vs ARR is something not quibble in the current scenario. His HFM has been steady, consistent and highly innovative JA, JTYJN, Delhi6 except Blue for known reasons. The project should demand those ample measures for quality and soulful compositions and ARR should have the time to deliver it. Whereas TFM are mostly deferring works and possible use of COMK songs could have been here. Inspite of all these global trotting I am glad that he managed to deliver a pretty fresh, enjoyable album. No regrets!

Lets see what ARR has to offer in "Ravan" aka "Asokavanam".

Is COMK still on?

dinesh2002
12th January 2010, 11:48 AM
Gautham is somebody u cant predict. When he announced, COMK, he suddenly came up with VTV. And now a movie with Ajith, and ofcource, a couple more projects was announced, a few Telugu movies and a Tamil thriller movie with Sameera Reddy, which he plans to direct it without any songs.

But as far as i know, COMK songs has not been used in VTV. Gautham told this in an interview article few months back. In that interview, he said COMK is still on and only few more shots to be done and the movie is finished.

sathya_1979
12th January 2010, 12:08 PM
Now it's upto GVM to do justice to these songs by proper picturization.

A.ANAND
12th January 2010, 12:46 PM
After some corrections and additions:

If there's a distinct trend that I see in ARR's music over time, it's his
reduced emphasis on musical adventurism and acrobatics and increased emphasis on
subtle musical forms within a composition, often perceived subjectively as "not
living up to his own standards". I don't agree with that notion since it's ARR
who recreates his own standards with each release, just like destroying his own
ego before a compositional session. The burden of responsibility to recognize
this is up to the listener, who may be challenged and confounded by expectations
and biases, which is normal and natural. Again, these are trends only and just
from my observational standpoint.. .nothing is black and white or exclusionary.
This trend may be a function of two forces: 1)Age (emphasizing more of a
gestalt perspective) 2) Progressive evolution as part of a unique artist whose
mindset is bent on conceptual expansion and really trying hard to avoid being
typecasted, escaping from his own set trails to form new and distinct roads.
The music of VTV is a major step in AR's evolutionary process as an artist who's
never content with the status quo, or even his own previous success. Remember,
it's the artist over the entertainer, and in VTV, it's the pure artist within
ARR, even beyond musician, that is in the driver's seat. I will not comment on
the lyrics since I don't understand Tamil.

1) Omanna Penne:
Steady and soothing.... .a composition that oozes with spiritualism and
introspection. I love how AR juxtaposes the Western rhythms with the Carnatic
raagas first by the female voice, and weaving throughout the stylistic
Nadaswaram, whose roots are deeply Carnatic, but expressed so universally in
this track. Wonderful singing by Benny and the Nadaswaram ending is surely a
page from the Rehna Tu continuum outro. Nothing fancy in this composition, but
the feeling left behind is extremely elevating and cleansing. Fantastic start.
(8/10)

2) Anbil Avan:
ARR at his playful best. He must have had a lot of fun putting this track
together. There is nothing heavy or mind blowing about this track, but what
makes it work for me is the joyful innocence in the melody and the very
interesting sonic arrangements using a Shehnai type sound juxtaposed with a
church organ sound. The musical interlude that has this also has some very
nice, quick chord progressions that defy banality. The melody sticks easy and
would be a fun song to dance with. (7/10)

3) Vinnathaandi Varuvaayaa:
Wow......what a minimalistic impact! Minimalistic impact is something that I
have been missing from Rahman's oeuvre in recent films, but here it is, in its
full glory and form. Using a minimalistic sound template for a title song is
quite bold and outside the box, but boy does it work for me!!! The acoustic
strings (guitar? harp?) along with vibes and small bells create such a unique,
peaceful ambiance in this song that transports me into a dreamlike world.
Beautiful string additions in the mid section only add depth to amazing vocals,
chords, and heartfelt emotions in this gem, but likely to be underrated track.
Delicate, subtle, dreamy, ambient, soft, restrained, soothing, warming..... I can
go on and on..... Again, a track doesn't have to be complex and adventuresome to
be powerful.... this is the genius of AR....he can create such a powerful
ambience using minimal quantity. (8/10)

4) Hosana:
There is no other composer in India who can arrange better than AR. In this
song, many of AR's strengths are showcased... ..sound structure, layered, thick,
yet uncluttered arrangements, symphonic textures, haunting melody, soothing
ambiance. The sound layers are so clean and crisp....that beautiful strumming
acoustic guitar is so nice!!! Also worthy of metion is the high toned Scottish
flavored flute and the subtle mandolin rhythms in sync with the main rhythms,
punctuated by the pulsating string sections. The female choir with the angelic
expression is one of the most beautiful choir sounds I've heard. This song
sticks to you and won't let go. A complete masterpiece IMO that is one of the
best songs that ARR has composed in recent years. (9/10)

5) Kunnukkul Kannai
Another playful techno oriented track with some pleasing electronic
arrangements. The unique feature of this track for me are the string quartet
type rhythmic accents throughout that give this youth song a very Western
classical feel. Relatively simple by composition and sound, but again, a nice
dance number with good melody. Rahman not living up to his standards on this
one? Well, that's up to you to decide, but it's an enjoyable one for me, though
If I had to pick my least favorite in this soundtrack, it's this one. (7/10)

6) Mannipaaya
I was looking forward to this song ever since I knew Shreya and AR would be
singing it, a romantic duet. The song has everything I could hope for in a
romantic duet....breathtakin g melody, beautiful soundscapes, sophisticated
arrangements, gentle ambiance, subtle symphonic artistry. I love the piano
backdrop and so many of the symphonic instruments can be heard in
isolation... oboe, clarinet, tympani, flute, etc. A very subtle masterpiece in
my opinion, that can only be appreciated by those with a certain musical
sensitivity and emotional open-ness, and of course, who like mushy romantic
numbers! The melody is quite drawn out with long contours, so it's not a song
that's easily melodically remembered the first time go, but certainly sticks
with you with repeated exposure. There is a certain musical abstractness to this song, like a modern painting that takes time to sink in and be registered, but only appreciated by those with such a taste and open-ness. Strengths of this track...mood, delicate
arrangements, subtle artistry, certain melodic sections, innocence, sincerity.
One of the album's highlights for sure and I hope it's picturized well (9/10)

7) Aaromale
Wow.....just wow!!! AR takes a page from the Pink Floyd era, but nothing here
is lifted or copied. Sensual, stylistic, clean acoustic guitar playing along
with passionate and mind blowing vocals by Alphonse make this track simply
stunning. The string type sounds which weave in and out add a whole new dimension to the sonic architecture of this gem. What is so unique about this song is again, minimalistic impact with sound, instruments, but also chordal architecture. ......there are only 2 alternating chords being used in the entire song!! Can you believe it? The
chorus part which begins with the Malyali "Swasti Swasti" harks on raaga Bhimpalas to create a magical effect....imagine. ..juxtaposing a 2 chord bluesy guitar riff with a raaga
based melody.....only AR....only AR.... The added percussion increasing the
pace only add to the intensity and sinisterness to this path breaking and out of
the box track. And man, what an ending...the way the vocals fade out......oh
man!!!! The ambience created is just out of this world....it leaves me stunned,
mesmerized, in awe. (10/10)!!!

General highlights of this album include minimalistic impact, originality, very
sophisticated and classy arrangements, incredibly strong ambience and sound
quality, and soothing influence. I don't think anyone will be complaining about
sound issues in this album like we saw for Blue, as ARR I think paid a lot more
attention to that aspect this time around, perhaps keeping our "Blue" feedback
in mind??? The soundtrack also has a wide range of styles, sounds, musical
forms that keep you interested. Because of the highly international,
situational, and somewhat unconventional nature of the songs, these will only be
appreciated most with time, post movie visuals, and by those who are most open
minded about music in general. Those who only like the antara-mukhda type film
songs will find the listening experience to be awkward and just too esoteric.
Also, except for the first track with Carnatic raagas, most of the rest of the
album is void of obvious ethnic Indian sounds/styles/ forms, consistent with the
international and more universal musical approach. This again, may be a turn
off to some due to non exposure. Like all new ARR albums, esp. ones like this that have some unconventional and new elements, it will take time to grow for many, if at all.

A special mention must be made for the singing in each song. All singers have done a fantastic job in rendering with great emotion and passion. I esp liked Shreya Ghoshal's heartfelt crooning in Mannipaya and what more can be said about Alphonse in Aaromale? Amazing rendering and much credit goes to ARR too for bringnig the best out of him. Other singers such as Benny, Karthik, Chinmayi, Kalyani, Blaaze, Suzanne....all deserve high praise for their parts.

My overall rating....9/ 10. A distinct highlight of ARR's career...one of the
very finest musical packages you will find anywhere in the world today, not
because of its complexity, wizardry, or dynamics, but for pure artistry, sincerity, ambiance, mood, minimalism, subtlety, and overall spiritualism. A nice instrumental
track addition would have made this album perfect for me.

source:arryg

SoftSword
12th January 2010, 01:00 PM
The title track....
the tune and karthiks way of singing...

haunting is the word!!

arsaregama
12th January 2010, 01:35 PM
hooked to the title track and aaromale.....
I guess both the respective singers alphonse and karthik have given their best ... to an excellent arrangement by arr..these are the two songs that will stay in the years to come..
.... i must say anbil avan and mannipaya is close behind... hosanna and omana penne are boring after so much hearing...................:)

ajaybaskar
12th January 2010, 02:17 PM
Aaromale is classic.. Hooked on to it from the morning. Its getting better with every listen. Howz GM gonna picturise this song? No idea whatsoever...

SoftSword
12th January 2010, 04:49 PM
http://anandhansubbiah.com/blog/vinnai-thandi-varuvaya-tamil-music-review/

Rocky89
12th January 2010, 05:10 PM
Anbil Avan.. This song is just marvellous! Currently my most fav song!! :notworthy:

Hossana.. man its faaar better than the previous version..

Omana Penne... Benny Dayal :clap:

the other songs yet to impress me for the first few hearings!

Different musical adventure by thalaivar!! :cool:

sathya_1979
12th January 2010, 05:32 PM
VTV Audio CD out of stock in Amazon 8-)

SoftSword
12th January 2010, 05:46 PM
This is that moment in life when words doont come easy. So all I'll say is it's been a pleasure and a revelation working on this album with AR. RAHMAN. Revelation because I learnt so much and a pleasure because it's been a dream come true.

- GAUTHAM VASUDEV MENON

MADDY
12th January 2010, 06:16 PM
This is that moment in life when words doont come easy. So all I'll say is it's been a pleasure and a revelation working on this album with AR. RAHMAN. Revelation because I learnt so much and a pleasure because it's been a dream come true.

- GAUTHAM VASUDEV MENON

Kavudham annan-kku oru selai veingappa beach road-la :D

VTV Audio CD out of stock in Amazon

chinna pasangala yaar kitta :smokesmirk:

sathya_1979
12th January 2010, 06:25 PM
Aaromale! Wow Wow Wow :D Idha epdinga picturize seiyya mudiyum ? GVM would have had a really tough time, me thinks.

SoftSword
12th January 2010, 06:29 PM
anegama theatrelayae ellam songsoda mp3 5.1 illa 10.1 la play panni photoshoot slides oada vitruvaanganu nenakkiraen...
panam kudutthu ticket vaangitu poga matingala enna...

kadavulnu mudivu pannadhukku apram.. enna aanaalum kaavadi edukka vaendiyadhu dhaan...

sathya_1979
12th January 2010, 06:35 PM
Kaavadi enna, paal kudam, alagu kuthuradhu, Anga Pradhakshanam, Adi Pradhakshanam ellaam senjura vendiyadhudhaan :D

jaaze
12th January 2010, 06:51 PM
anegama theatrelayae ellam songsoda mp3 5.1 illa 10.1 la play panni photoshoot slides oada vitruvaanganu nenakkiraen...
panam kudutthu ticket vaangitu poga matingala enna...:bow:

dinesh2002
12th January 2010, 07:06 PM
http://chennai365.com/wp-content/uploads/Audio-Launch/Vinnaithandi-Varuvaya-Audio-Launch/London-Image.jpg

MusicIsLife
12th January 2010, 08:50 PM
I went to MusicIndiaOnline to listen to some carnatic Music, and saw VV released.. it resembles a classic Led Zeppelin vibe.. I always expected something from ARR factory to come out like this.. this is the best song after Thiruda Thiruda I have ever heard (Aaromale).. at last ARR makes me feel satisfied, a avid hard/rock blues fan!! to be enthused about music again.. but I wonder how it is going to suit Simfu!! I will post back later when i complete listening to all songs!!..

MADDY
12th January 2010, 08:54 PM
I went to MusicIndiaOnline to listen to some carnatic Music, and saw VV released.. it resembles a classic Led Zeppelin vibe.. I always expected something from ARR factory to come out like this.. this is the best song after Thiruda Thiruda I have ever heard (Aaromale).. at last ARR makes me feel satisfied, a avid hard/rock blues fan!! to be enthused about music again.. but I wonder how it is going to suit Simfu!! I will post back later when i complete listening to all songs!!..

wow, VTV is bringing back all our best ppl :D ........pls post ur review of all songs MIL :bow: ......

simfu :lol: we have another Bala here :lol:

ajaybaskar
12th January 2010, 08:57 PM
Vinnathaandi Varuvaayaa music review
Ambili [January 12, 2010, 3:19:19 PM]

One of the much-awaited music releases, Gautham Menon's Vinnathaandi Varuvaayaa (VTV) is all set to rock the charts. The album has seven songs composed by the Mozart of Madras, A.R. Rahman. Let's take a look at the album:

'Omanna Penne' is a beautiful blend of Western rhythms and the Carnatic ragas. The stylistic Nadaswaram adds a cleansing feel to the song. The ending Nadaswaram seems to be an extension of 'Rehna Tu' from Delhi 6. The music has been wonderfully rendered by Benny Dayal and Kalyani Menon.

'Anbil Avan' by Devan Ekambaram and Chinmayi has some joyful melody feel. The music has some very nice and quick chord progressions. 'Vinnathaandi Varuvaayaa' is brilliant. The title song has some beautiful strings, amazing vocals, chords, heartfelt emotions, delicate and subtle music. Great singing by Karthik.

'Hosana' -- the much-awaited song -- no one can do it better than Rahman. The Scottish flavoured flute and the subtle mandolin rhythms makes the music so crisp and clear. This is definitely a masterpiece and one of the best songs from Rahman in recent times. Vijay Prakash, Suzzanne and Blaze have rendered their voices for the song.

'Kannukkul Kannai' has a Western classical feel but seems to be a little disappointing. 'Mannipaaya' is a romantic duet by Shreyal Ghosal and A.R. Rahman. Get ready to experience some breathtaking melody, sophisticated arrangements, subtle symphonic artistry. One of the album's highlights for sure, and we hope it will be a visual treat too.

'Aaromale' is a brilliant masterpiece from the music genius. Sensual, stylistic, clean acoustic guitar with mindblowing vocals by Alphonse. The vocal fade at the ending is simply brilliant. Watch out for this at the top of the charts.

On the whole, VTV is well beyond expectations; it would definitely be a distinct highlight in ARR's career. The album is one of the finest musical packages with originality, sophistication, class and quality.

http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/livewire/id/Vinnathaandi_Varuvaayaa_music_review_34474.html

MusicIsLife
12th January 2010, 09:24 PM
Thanks Maddy.. Nothing has every made a great first impact for so loong.. i thought ARR surely wasted his talents focussing on Hindi (may be biased), but also feel that Tamilians dont deserve such a Talent, it makes me feel what next, how is he going to trump for his next Mani's venture? but atleast my curiosity is multiplied million times.

All I would say is Oscar's people should listen to this before giving away to Slumdog..

Let me also go back: the Konjam Nilavu song, Thiruda Thiruda music the entire album.. then that movie that did not pass muster.. Theekuravil song was a change, pavithra (that amma song) was just out of the world..

I feel this entire album awake my inner child and listen to music with the passion I used to. I want to declare ARR is the best in the decade (I am biased for being a Tamilian, Carnatic fan, Hard rock/blues/Metal fan) put together, i want to check my blood pressure and sugar, already this is the best).. though I work for 16 hour days, this one made me forget the work and listen to music as it should be.

Album Verdict (My Opinions)
Fresh, Upbeat, makes a Music fan realize how could one bring such a difference with a punch, yet enjoyable, actually I don't have words, but to say Wow. My pick is still Aaromale, followed by Hosana & Mannipaya & Omana Penne & Vinnaithedi Varuvaya, Anbil.

I cannot describe the feeling, but let me put a analogy i felt, it felt like listening to Chembai/Mani Iyer/GNB- all in Tape/CD and ofcourse TV Shankar Narayan/Yesudas in Concert and forgetting the what you are, but just transformed and dumbfounded to Music

This album is mellifluous, soothing and first in a long time that ARR had made a bang-impression to listen to the album more and more from the first hearing and not hear first and grow. This is already the best start of 2010.

ARR Rocks and Vasudeva Menon.. dude you are lucky to get ARR and ARR must be impressed with you some how to make sure we all forget the entire list of other movies that HJ scored and say that.. THIS IS IT AND HOW IT IS DONE.

Damn.. I am crying and having tears.. my heart is beating so fast I cannot stop.. This is how everybody should feel when Music touches the heart...

IF SOMEBODY SAYS BEST IS YET TO COME, WHAT IS THIS? CAN ANYBODY EVEN MATCH THIS QUALITY OF MUSIC?

I can go on and on, but will stop here... and say.. SALUTE AND BOW DOWN TO THEE - THE ONE AND ONLY ARR.

music man
12th January 2010, 09:29 PM
Wow...This album is dangerously addictive...My order is
1) Hosanna
2) Aaromale
3) Anbil Avan
4) Kannukul Kannai
5) Manipaaya
6) Vinnai thaandi varuvaaya
7) Omana Penne..

music man
12th January 2010, 09:33 PM
Mannipaayaa is really a haunting melody..Has a Yuvaraaj hangover...It does something to our heart...Our throats choke with emotion when we hear such lilting melodies...

But IMMHO, I feel Srinivas or Hariharan would have done a better job than ARR...Just my thought...

music man
12th January 2010, 09:34 PM
Like Jaage Hain....that Thirukural part....

sathya_1979
12th January 2010, 10:22 PM
Review ezhudhara alavukku enakku Gnyaanam kedayaadhu. Just one sentence - "ARR had created a new Universe :D "
Note:

From Orkut Forum:
"VTV- The HOT sales in the music shops!
I went to buy VTV CD in a music world outlet in chennai. Went inside and was searching in the new arrivals. I couldnt found it immediately the VTV CD. It was full of other CDs (sorry to mention the names . asal, goa, aayirathil oruvan etc). I was shocked for a moment because there is no VTV.

Then I immediately start asking to the sales man "Vinnai........", he immediately point to me the CD rack , there was only 2 CDs :).

Asked the salesman about the sales, He told "Kalaila irunthu intha CD mattum than sales aaguthu" (Only this films(VTV) CD is sold from the morning, no takers for other CDs)

I left with fresh smile in my face.. Jaiho Rahman! "

sathya_1979
12th January 2010, 10:33 PM
[tscii:b19f5ba706]Behindwoods Review:

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-music-reviews/review-1/vinnaithaandi-varuvaayaa-silambarasan-rahman.html

Final Note in this review:
"Verdict:

In a rather telling interview with Nik Gowing of BBC, Rahman expressed his deep desire to bring South Indian (he sweetly included all the four states) music out of its narrow confines and popularize it all over the world because it had so much to offer. He has taken a huge step in that direction with this album. Though the music sounds global, it has some tasteful native sensibilities. Don’t look for anything conventional. How is the lay listener going to respond to this album? Will he allow his conditioned mind to expand and enjoy? Let us wait for the feedback"[/tscii:b19f5ba706]

shocker
12th January 2010, 11:12 PM
The title track "vinnaithaandi varuvaaya' is way too short!!!

MusicIsLife
12th January 2010, 11:30 PM
[tscii:80ae52591c]Behindwoods Review:

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-music-reviews/review-1/vinnaithaandi-varuvaayaa-silambarasan-rahman.html

Final Note in this review:
"Verdict:

In a rather telling interview with Nik Gowing of BBC, Rahman expressed his deep desire to bring South Indian (he sweetly included all the four states) music out of its narrow confines and popularize it all over the world because it had so much to offer. He has taken a huge step in that direction with this album. Though the music sounds global, it has some tasteful native sensibilities. Don’t look for anything conventional. How is the lay listener going to respond to this album? Will he allow his conditioned mind to expand and enjoy? Let us wait for the feedback"[/tscii:80ae52591c]

sathya_1979

I have no doubt about that.. this is splendid in every form and way.

ALWAR_AJITH
12th January 2010, 11:56 PM
Hi guys got cd from bricfileds veenai shop..

amazing song after kks this is the album for lovers and evreyone who loves melodies... :thumbsup: :musicsmile: :musicsmile:

ad in local tamil newspaper for you all:

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z292/kumaran25/Image0356.jpg

malaysian cd covers:

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z292/kumaran25/Image0354.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z292/kumaran25/Image0355.jpg

i think after ilayaraja , rahman is in main audio cover for a tamil film :thumbsup:

Thiru
13th January 2010, 12:02 AM
After Delhi 6 (particularly Rehna tu.. ) I was wondering how is ARR gonna better himself...He proved it with Aaromale and Omana Penne!!!

Ramakrishna
13th January 2010, 12:22 AM
After Delhi 6 (particularly Rehna tu.. ) I was wondering how is ARR gonna better himself...He proved it with Aaromale and Omana Penne!!!

:shock: welcome back

sunnyg
13th January 2010, 01:19 AM
Guys

After reading the initial reviews, I was a bit worried about the quality of music and whether Thalaivar did justice to Gautham.

Upon reading the reviews now, I am really thrilled!

I briefly listened to the music from Amazon and it sounded ok.

I live in the US and have asked my friend visiting Chennai to buy the CD for me when he comes back!

I am eagerly awaiting his arrival in a couple of weeks!

Can we now confidently state that this is the best music for Gautham Menon's movies? I am hoping that I will hear an unqualified YES from everyone.

shocker
13th January 2010, 01:28 AM
Without a doubt the best album to come from a film by Gautham Menon, however the best songs in a gautham film??? We will have to wait and watch!

Yathu
13th January 2010, 01:53 AM
After todays round of listening, my little thoughts earlier feel more and more foolish. :oops:

Note to self: Don't jump the gun with brainy reviews.

Ramakrishna
13th January 2010, 02:03 AM
Audio release pictures
http://www.behindwoods.com/features/Gallery/events/Photos/index.html
Kamalhaasan chief guest

Ramakrishna
13th January 2010, 02:13 AM
http://www.images.behindwoods.com/photo-galleries-q1-09/tamil-photo-gallery/vinnaithaandi-varuvaayaa-02/index.html

Here is the actual link

NormalMan
13th January 2010, 02:19 AM

entha kaalathila nee arr album super innu solli iruke? :lol:

Nalla irutha nallla irukunnu thaan solluven. Unakku pidikara madhiri inga review comment solla mudiyathu.

ajithfederer
13th January 2010, 05:33 AM
Welcome Back :D. Still in filadelfia?? :).

Thiru
13th January 2010, 06:41 AM
thanks ramakrishna and ajithfederer.. yes still near philly...

just wanted to give my 2 cents on the album.. Keep it going.. :)

NOV
13th January 2010, 06:49 AM

:shock: welcome back:2thumbsup: welcome back
we missed you :cheer:

Thiru
13th January 2010, 07:45 AM

:shock: welcome back:2thumbsup: welcome back
we missed you :cheer:

nandri Nov.. Long time.. 8-)

sathya_1979
13th January 2010, 08:17 AM
[tscii:13c171893c]News on behindwoods abt audio launch:
http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/jan-10-02/vinnaithaandi-varuvaayaa-silambarasan-rahman-12-01-10.html
"Rahman, who spoke at the event, mentioned that he’s leaving it to the fans to decide on the music."
Naanga Decide senjuttom thalaivaa, kandippa ground-breaking and super hit :D :yes: :2thumbsup: [/tscii:13c171893c]

NOV
13th January 2010, 08:21 AM
nandri Nov.. Long time.. 8-)yeah, almost 4 years.
but still an avid ARR fan :D

dinesh2002
13th January 2010, 08:22 AM
Mannipaayaa is really a haunting melody..Has a Yuvaraaj hangover...It does something to our heart...Our throats choke with emotion when we hear such lilting melodies...

But IMMHO, I feel Srinivas or Hariharan would have done a better job than ARR...Just my thought...

:thumbsup:

Or atleast Naresh Iyer, loved him in Munbe Va and Mayilirage. Could have recreated another Munbe va fever if it was again Shreya-Naresh.

Pveena
13th January 2010, 08:30 AM
Really liking the upbeat nature of the music of the song "Kannukkul Kannai"...the intro with the song with the string instruments sounds really polished and classy....

the chorus tune somehow brings back memories of ARR of the late 90's....in a good way, not that the tune is copied from another one of his songs but the tune itself reminds one of another time in ARR history....excellent song...great mixing...

let's hope in the movie, Simbu doesn't ruin this song with a awkward dance moves ;)

sathya_1979
13th January 2010, 08:34 AM
Dnt Worry Veena, Simfu will adakki vaasichufy with GVM in control :-)

Mahen
13th January 2010, 09:11 AM
Bought the cd :D This is stunning stunning album.. :notworthy: Beginning to like Aaromale :)

Mahen
13th January 2010, 09:41 AM
Omane Penna has the Azhagiya Cinderella feel :)

Scale
13th January 2010, 10:20 AM
MIL Wat a post! Full quotekum :clap: :clap: :clap: Atlast an HR fan satisfied. I remember the discussion....

WB Thiru! Wow, Is Omana penne that better? Please elaborate

Mahen, I do felt that and I mentioned. Another feathering.

Aaromale not in tamil from ARR voice is bit saddening. Mallu fans will be swaying now. Enjoy! Can anyone post the translation

Great Album :notworthy:

MADDY
13th January 2010, 10:52 AM
MIL Wat a post! Full quotekum :clap: :clap: :clap: Atlast an HR fan satisfied. I remember the discussion....

WB Thiru! Is Omana penne that good? Please elaborate

Mahen, I do felt that and I mentioned. Another feathering.

Aaromale not in tamil from ARR voice is bit saddening. Mallu fans will be swaying now. Enjoy! Can anyone post the translation

Great Album :notworthy:

yes :clap: ive never seen MIL going so overboard with emotions :bow: .........i got a barrage of positive reviews in office, gym, frnds, cousins, well wishers :bow: .....suddenly, life looks better :D

Babu606
13th January 2010, 10:56 AM
I am really dissapointed with the reviews of some websites like oneindia.in. i am not posting it here and i don't want to dissapoint you all.

Anyway, after many listens, i am stick with Aaromale. Anbil avan has Amazing Background music. i always wonder what he has done when i hear it. it's like out of this world music. Hosanna was the fav of mine in the begining. but unfortunately Hosanna is nowhere near Aaromale. it's amazing. Alphone is a brilliant guy and he has a high pitch sound. he has done many stage shows before and i have seen many. his range is amazing. he has lot of talents with western music. i m so glad here and happy for him because that arr used him in the very highest level.

MADDY
13th January 2010, 11:22 AM
Really liking the upbeat nature of the music of the song "Kannukkul Kannai"...the intro with the song with the string instruments sounds really polished and classy....

:thumbsup: my fav in the album till now.....

ajaybaskar
13th January 2010, 11:23 AM
After 50 odd listenings, I strongly feel that this album is best post 2000. Not a single song is a letdown. If Anbil Avan and Kannukkul Kanni were my favourites on the first hearing, Aaromalae, Omana Pennae slowly peeped in yesterday. But now its Mannipaya and Vinnai. Each song is distinct and this is one album that TFM lovers are gonna cherish for years to come...

Omana Pennae's nadhaswaram bit is outstanding. But is it exactly Nadhaswaram or some other instrument made to sound like Nadhaswaram. It remains to be seen as I've not got my CD yet....

SoftSword
13th January 2010, 11:47 AM
for me all other songs sound masterpieces, but anbil avan and kannukkul kannai look ordinary in the package... :(

SoftSword
13th January 2010, 11:49 AM
Thanks Maddy.. Nothing has every made a great first impact for so loong.. i thought ARR surely wasted his talents focussing on Hindi (may be biased), but also feel that Tamilians dont deserve such a Talent, it makes me feel what next, how is he going to trump for his next Mani's venture? but atleast my curiosity is multiplied million times.

All I would say is Oscar's people should listen to this before giving away to Slumdog..

Let me also go back: the Konjam Nilavu song, Thiruda Thiruda music the entire album.. then that movie that did not pass muster.. Theekuravil song was a change, pavithra (that amma song) was just out of the world..

I feel this entire album awake my inner child and listen to music with the passion I used to. I want to declare ARR is the best in the decade (I am biased for being a Tamilian, Carnatic fan, Hard rock/blues/Metal fan) put together, i want to check my blood pressure and sugar, already this is the best).. though I work for 16 hour days, this one made me forget the work and listen to music as it should be.

Album Verdict (My Opinions)
Fresh, Upbeat, makes a Music fan realize how could one bring such a difference with a punch, yet enjoyable, actually I don't have words, but to say Wow. My pick is still Aaromale, followed by Hosana & Mannipaya & Omana Penne & Vinnaithedi Varuvaya, Anbil.

I cannot describe the feeling, but let me put a analogy i felt, it felt like listening to Chembai/Mani Iyer/GNB- all in Tape/CD and ofcourse TV Shankar Narayan/Yesudas in Concert and forgetting the what you are, but just transformed and dumbfounded to Music

This album is mellifluous, soothing and first in a long time that ARR had made a bang-impression to listen to the album more and more from the first hearing and not hear first and grow. This is already the best start of 2010.

ARR Rocks and Vasudeva Menon.. dude you are lucky to get ARR and ARR must be impressed with you some how to make sure we all forget the entire list of other movies that HJ scored and say that.. THIS IS IT AND HOW IT IS DONE.

Damn.. I am crying and having tears.. my heart is beating so fast I cannot stop.. This is how everybody should feel when Music touches the heart...

IF SOMEBODY SAYS BEST IS YET TO COME, WHAT IS THIS? CAN ANYBODY EVEN MATCH THIS QUALITY OF MUSIC?

I can go on and on, but will stop here... and say.. SALUTE AND BOW DOWN TO THEE - THE ONE AND ONLY ARR.

:notworthy:

ajaybaskar
13th January 2010, 11:58 AM
http://musicouch.com/genres/world-music/vinnaithaandi-varuvaaya-music-review/

A.ANAND
13th January 2010, 12:13 PM
http://www.images.behindwoods.com/photo-galleries-q1-09/tamil-photo-gallery/vinnaithaandi-varuvaayaa-02/vinnaithaandi-varuvaayaa-14.html

IVARUTHAN ALPHONSE-SA!unngalukku sutti podanum sir!aromale :clap: :2thumbsup:

ajaybaskar
13th January 2010, 12:14 PM
[tscii:d7d5499993]Striking a note

KOCHI: Maestros in the field of music have sung to his beats. He was even awarded the Fi lm Critics Award in 2004. But when it came to working with the ‘Mozart of Madras’ A R Rahman music director Alphons Joseph was a bundle of nerves.

“It is every musician’s dream to be part of a Rahman project.

But I didn’t expect him to call me to sing a number for Gautham Menon’s ‘Vinnaithandi Varuvaya’, which is Rahman’s first Indian project after winning the Oscars”, said an excited Alphons.

Rahman had come for the music release of ‘Vellithira’, which was composed by Alphons. The fusion song in the movie caught Rahman’s attention and after nearly five years he remembered the singer whose voice was perfect for the project.

“The song is completely different from anything that has been done. It is a fusion of folk and metal with a lot of Blue style backing. Moreover, it is a Malayalam song and has a lot of aggression,” Alphons said.

He said that after hearing the song Shreya Ghoshal, who has rendered a song in the movie and has worked with Alphons in Big B, commented that this was the first time she was seeing an aggressive side of Alphons, who was known to be a simple and soft spoken person.

Recollecting his experience working with Rahman Alphons said that contradictory to popular perception Rahman was an extrovert who loved to have fun.

“He jokes around with everyone and makes them feel at home.

This makes us comfortable while recording with a genius like Rahman,” said Alphons.

The movie’s first audio preview was held at the British Academy of Film and Television Arts where the artists interacted with a lot of foreign musicians. Alphons said that even though they don’t understand the language many foreigners had tears in their eyes after listening to his song. “Our music has global reach and irrespective of language people are able to relate to it. Nowadays our ragas and scales are used in western music too,” said Alphons, who is now pursuing his MA in Music and hopes to do a research on vocal technique development.

“Apart from his role as a judge in a popular singing reality show I am also a vocal trainer for the contestants. I sing both classical and western and hence I can demonstrate to the contestants how to modulate their voice accordingly,” he said.

http://www.expressbuzz.com/edition/story.aspx?Title=Striking+a+note&artid=UkG9TZawWmk=&SectionID=9R67TMeNb/w=&MainSectionID=9R67TMeNb/w=&SEO=&SectionName=gUhH3Holuas=[/tscii:d7d5499993]

A.ANAND
13th January 2010, 12:19 PM
anbil avan,kannukul kannai intha song kettavudane manathil etho oru inam puriyatham santhosam!

manasu appadiye rekka katti parakara feeling! :2thumbsup: :musicsmile: :musicsmile: :thumbsup:

Appu s
13th January 2010, 12:23 PM
Aaromale :bow: :bow:

A.ANAND
13th January 2010, 12:25 PM
VTV in Amazon - Temporarily out of stock

http://www.amazon. com/gp/product/ B0031SIIUC/ ref=oss_T15_ product

:shock:

Appu s
13th January 2010, 12:28 PM
VTV in Amazon - Temporarily out of stock

http://www.amazon. com/gp/product/ B0031SIIUC/ ref=oss_T15_ product

:shock:

:lol: :thumbsup: :smokesmirk:

Guess_Me
13th January 2010, 12:29 PM
http://www.images.behindwoods.com/photo-galleries-q1-09/tamil-photo-gallery/vinnaithaandi-varuvaayaa-02/vinnaithaandi-varuvaayaa-14.html
IVARUTHAN ALPHONSE-SA!unngalukku sutti podanum sir!aromale :clap: :2thumbsup:
Yes, that is Alphonse. He is an amazing composer too. His debut was in 2003 with Malayalam movie Vellithira. This is his debut song.

http://www.hummaa.com/music/song/Nee+Manimukil/111495
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs3AXTzn2rk (video)

One word - awesome!

A.ANAND
13th January 2010, 12:32 PM
HI RAHMANIACS,
So at last we come to hear SO badly awaited music of VTV.A R RAHMAN has given very extra ordinary music.the contemporary mindset of A R RAHMAN is continously exploring new sounds and giving them new dimensions.full marks for sound quality of the songs which i really appreciate , everything about vtv music is extraordinary except the tunes itself. SO ordinary tunes again . the presentations of the songs is mind blowing but the tunes are not to much say about very simple and sweetness is missing. my pick of the album is OMANA PENNE.

the sound of the song is magnificent, the music is brilliant , the tune although ordinary but what i like is the mix of carnatic essence MY GOODNESS its so soothing to the ears. the kalyani menon part and nathaswaram IS WOW WOW WOW. both have been digitally modulated which makes it very strange, extraordinary but so so sweet which is what i like about A R RAHMAN music.and can anyone tell what doeS OMANA PENNE means.

but i must say A R RAHMAN has taken his time to prepare the album . VTV music has its own dimension Its own sound very new stuff. WHICH atleast i do admire.VTV surely will have its distinct status in A R RAHMAN tamil works. and guys i think VTV music needs time to absorb its quiet ahead of its time.

arryg

ajaybaskar
13th January 2010, 12:32 PM
Alphonse's Big B was awesome.....

littlemaster1982
13th January 2010, 12:35 PM
Guess_Me,

You haven't posted anything about the songs yet :shock:

ajaybaskar
13th January 2010, 12:37 PM
Guess_Me must've drowned in the sea of music and left speechless....

A.ANAND
13th January 2010, 12:40 PM
I was at the launch yesterday, as I was lucky enough to get an invite!
loads of unforgettable memories.. jotting down a few here:

- The unplugged versions of all songs were performed, just like the London Promo... They all were in the same suits too :D
- Omana penne was in a totally different flavour, devoid of all the malayalam connection.. . Blaaze had come up with a RAP too for this song....
- It was such a treat to listen to Aaromaley Live! The other songs were great too in the unplugged format.. but Aaromaley was special!
- Gautam said it was Rahman who told Gautam that they should have one more song, in addition to the 6 they had planned... and that is Aaromaley... Rahman called up Gautam and told him, why dont we add one more song? lets do a Malayalam song with blues touch
- Gautam mentioned Rahman suggested that they should that Mannippaya should be sung by a female, cos gos normally dont apologise, so they should change that! :P
- Rahman and Kamal came on stage for a few mins, each of them spoke just a few lines.... ARR - soooo humble as usual! He even said he isn't sure if this album will match up to the standards set by Gautam-Harris combo! he said it is a very "quirky album" and it can succeed only with our support!
- Clips from the London launch were shown...They were great! :D
- 3 songs (Omana, Hosanna and Kannukkul) videos were played.... The songs have been picturised really well. amazing camera work!
- Met all the singers, met Alphonse too. There's no relation between the way he has sung and the way he speaks... He is so very soft spoken, so very down to earth! His aaromalay yesterday was amaaazing!

Aravind

SoftSword
13th January 2010, 12:47 PM
- Gautam said it was Rahman who told Gautam that they should have one more song, in addition to the 6 they had planned... and that is Aaromaley... Rahman called up Gautam and told him, why dont we add one more song? lets do a Malayalam song with blues touch

this guy has got some godly instincts... towards the end he rises and does something unplanned and that becomes a masterpiece...
the best of the album.. :notworthy:

- Gautam mentioned Rahman suggested that they should that Mannippaya should be sung by a female, cos gos normally dont apologise, so they should change that! :P

he is divine and on the other hand he understands the everyday human :notworthy:

ajaybaskar
13th January 2010, 12:51 PM
I was at the launch yesterday, as I was lucky enough to get an invite!
loads of unforgettable memories.. jotting down a few here:

- The unplugged versions of all songs were performed, just like the London Promo... They all were in the same suits too :D
- Omana penne was in a totally different flavour, devoid of all the malayalam connection.. . Blaaze had come up with a RAP too for this song....
- It was such a treat to listen to Aaromaley Live! The other songs were great too in the unplugged format.. but Aaromaley was special!
- Rahman and Kamal came on stage for a few mins, each of them spoke just a few lines.... ARR - soooo humble as usual! He even said he isn't sure if this album will match up to the standards set by Gautam-Harris combo! he said it is a very "quirky album" and it can succeed only with our support!
- Clips from the London launch were shown...They were great! :D
- 3 songs (Omana, Hosanna and Kannukkul) videos were played.... The songs have been picturised really well. amazing camera work!
- Met all the singers, met Alphonse too. There's no relation between the way he has sung and the way he speaks... He is so very soft spoken, so very down to earth! His aaromalay yesterday was amaaazing!

Aravind

Idhai sonnadhum GM "Indha avamaanam unakku thevaiyaa?" nu soliruppaaro?

Guess_Me
13th January 2010, 01:06 PM
Guess_Me,

You haven't posted anything about the songs yet :shock:
Posted at Snehasallapam.com. Forgot to do that here. Like Ajay said, I got drowned in VTV. Sad that it is still MP3. CDs will arrive here only today.

VTV marks Gautham Menon's association with A R Rahman. It came as a shock to many when Gautham decided to opt for ARR inspite of his successful association with Harris Jayaraj and particularly after HJ gave him one of his best soundtracks in Vaaranam Aayiram.

VTV's is essentially a love story involving a Malayalee Christian girl (Trisha) and Tamil Hindu boy (Simbhu). For any other composer, this would mean yet another love story soundtrack but not for ARR who sees this as an opportunity to blend 2 musical cultures. Does he succeed with that? Is Gautham's decision to cut off HJ justified? Read on to find the answer.

1. Omana Penne (Benny Dayal, Kalyani Menon)

Catchy beats open Omana Penne with Benny Dayal's vocals. Looking at the title, one might get the impression that it is a Malayalam song. In reality it is the beginning of Tamil-Malayalam blend I talked about, with Kalyani Menon singing and writing her own Malayalam lyrics. ARR adding the radio mix feel to Malayalam portions but yet it blends amazingly with Benny's tamil portions. You can even hear nadaswaram in the background. A good opener to a great album.

2. Anbil Avan (Devan Ekambaram, Chinmayi)

Anbil sounds like any other song when it begins but the presence of chorus singing Nee Vaanavillaka infuses some freshness to the song. And then amazingly comes a Church organ out of nowhere rendering the "Christian marriage music". Right where it ends comes thavil and naadaswaram with the "Hindu marriage music". Yet Chinmayi and Devan continue the song like nothing happened out of the ordinary. This is fusion at it's best and communal harmony like never before :)

3. Vinnaithandi Varuvaaya (Karthik)

Karthik singing a solo for ARR after a long time. He had a rocking solo with the Girlfriend song in Boys and has ever since been associated mostly with fast songs. Surprisingly ARR gives him a slow track. Karthik's rendering reminds the way he did it for his Malayalam debut song Akale from Shayamaprasad's Akale (2004). Clocking just over 3 minutes, it is a routine title track without much of a musical variation.

4. Hosanna (Vijay Prakash, Suzanne, Blaaze)

And here comes the best of the album. Hosanna has been floating all over the net ever since the promos and location videos came out. Vijay Prakash renders the tamil portion, with Blaaze handling rap and Suzanne is left with Hosanna chants. En Idayam blends amazingly with Blaaze's rap. This is one light melody that is suitable for all ages from youth to old, despite Blaaze's rap presence.

5. Kannukkul Kannai (Naresh Iyer)

Sounds like a rushed on song. And it could be true because there were reports of ARR composing a 7th song for VTV in the last minute. Naresh Iyer's rendering is fine and as a standalone song Kannukul Kannai would have scored in anyone's book but when being packaged as part of a mammoth album like VTV, it doesn't live up to the standards set by the rest of the album.

6. Mannipaya (A.R.Rahman, Shreya Ghoshal)

Feel the pain of love in Mannipaya. Choice of Shreya couldn't be any more perfect but I am not so sure about ARR deciding to handle the male portion himself. While his anupallavi and charanam sounds good, the opening pallavi confuses the listener as to which route the song is taking. ARR is known for his high pitch songs while Shreya takes Mannipaya low. Thankfully the rest of the song clears the confusion and the listener is treated with the pain of love. Once again chorus has an amazing presence in the middle which is hard to ignore. I just wish ARR used Naveen's flute throughout the song. There is no other instrument that can convey pain like flute.

7. Aaromale (Alphonse)

And they thought there is nothing left for ARR to experiment in music. The moment I listened to the samples, I knew the song would invite extreme reactions. You will either love it or hate it - there is no in between. Mallu rock is something that has been tested out by a couple of bands in Malayalam and the results have been encouraging. Written by Kaithapram, Malayalam composer Alphonse takes the microphone for Aaromale. One might wonder the choice of singer for a malayalam song considering this side of the Ghats is blessed with talented singers starting from the legendary Yesudas to the ones that are churned out by half a dozen reality shows every year. Yet ARR chose Alphonse and one can easily understand why when you start listening. In one word, Aaromale is just awesome. Alphonse rocks with his voice. The way ARR blends "swasthi swasthi" with a rock song is unbelievable. I was told that Alphonse got standing ovation for this song during the London music launch and one can easily understand why. I was not a fan of rock music before and now I will start listening.

Verdict

To sum up, for me the pick of the albums are Hosanna, Aaromale, Omanapenne and of course Anbil Avan for it's sheer magic in the Gospel genre. The only song that failed to impress is Kannukkul and may be a few more listenings will change my opinion.

As an album VTV is much better than ARR's last Tamil outing Sakkarakatti. When I listened to Delhi 6 last year I was left wondering why ARR wouldn't give such soulful albums in Tamil any more. My prayers have been answered. Vinnaithandi Varuvaaya is a must buy for any music lover. ARR truly crossed skies with this one.

A.ANAND
13th January 2010, 01:16 PM
:2thumbsup: :thumbsup: :boo: :thumbsup:

ajaybaskar
13th January 2010, 01:17 PM
Gr8 review, Guess_Me.....

A.ANAND
13th January 2010, 01:28 PM
Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya: Vintage Rahman
January 13, 2010 11:37 IST

http://movies.rediff.com/report/2010/jan/13/south-tamil-music-review-vinnaithaandi-varuvaaya.htm

littlemaster1982
13th January 2010, 01:29 PM
Guess_Me :thumbsup:

sathya_1979
13th January 2010, 01:58 PM
From Rediff:

http://movies.rediff.com/report/2010/jan/13/south-tamil-music-review-vinnaithaandi-varuvaaya.htm

"Lyricist Thamarai stands out, as well. Having said that it doesn't look like VTV is one of his best efforts" :banghead:

SoftSword
13th January 2010, 02:12 PM
From Rediff:

"Lyricist Thamarai stands out, as well. Having said that it doesn't look like VTV is one of his best efforts" :banghead:

andhamma edho inspired.. hosanna copied rangeku eludhirukku...
attitude..
oorae komanam kattitu irukkappo ivanga mattum......... :evil:

indha pomabalaingalae ipdi thaan esamaan..
kutthunga esamaan.. kutthunga.... :lol:

sathya_1979
13th January 2010, 02:15 PM
Thamarai ya poituu His nu sonndhudhaan sema comedy. Thamarai yaarune theriyaama avangaloda work review pandraangalaama!

SoftSword
13th January 2010, 02:21 PM
actually thamarai appears very subtle in this album...

ajaybaskar
13th January 2010, 02:44 PM
Harris made me responsible: Rahman
IndiaGlitz [Wednesday, January 13, 2010]

Mozart of Madras A R Rahman was in his hometown Tuesday to launch the music album of his first post-Oscar film 'Vinnaithandi Varuvaya', directed by Goutham Vasudev Menon.

"There was great responsibility on my shoulders top deliver a hit album as in the past Harris Jayaraj and Goutham combo has delivered chartbusters," Rahman said in his short speech.

A group of singers including Karthik, Sreenivas, Benny Dayal, Chinmayi and Alphonse sang the numbers live on stage. Three songs were also screened on the occasion, for which Kamal Haasan was the special guest.

Speaking about his experiences working with Rahman, Goutham said, "It is my eighth film and first with Rahman. It was a great experience working with him".

"VTV is a romantic entertainer with Silambarasan and Trisha in lead roles. It is a feel-good film sure to enthrall audience," he added.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/53505.html

arsaregama
13th January 2010, 02:46 PM
[tscii:5913083d65]The audio of Gautham Vasudev Menon’s first film with the academy award winning music director AR Rahman Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa was released on Tuesday night (Jan 12) at a popular multiplex in Chennai.

The most eagerly awaited audio, which had even advance booking on the net was released by A R Rahman and received by Kamal Hassan. The best part of the evening was that there were no lengthy speeches by the usual suspects, as Gautham himself anchored the show.

It was a unique function done in a different way. All the songs from the album were performed live on stage by singers Chinmayi, Benny Dayal, Karthik, Devan Ekambaram, Vijayprakash, Blaaze, Alphonse and Naresh Iyer.

Later three songs from the album and three trailer cuts from the film were screened. The visuals of Manoj Paramahamsa of never seen before locales in Kerala mixed with Malta and New York was stunning. Every frame looked like a picture postcard style and was captivating. Rajeevan’s production design added to the grandeur.

Trailer cuts were innovative and classy as the director has gone to establish the underlining sublime chemistry between his lead stars Simbu and Trisha.

Simbu has an all new look and will make female hearts flutter while Trisha has got that typical Syrian Christian Kerala look straight.

Oh God, is it going to be the true love story between Gautham then an assistant director and his wife Preeti?

The songs screened included Omana Penne, Hosanna, Kannukkul Kannai . The mass chart buster is likely to be Omana Penne , while the class song which is going to become popular after release is the title track, Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa which is straight from the heart. [/tscii:5913083d65]

ajaybaskar
13th January 2010, 02:48 PM
[tscii:56f29fbb21]ARR launches Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa audio
By Moviebuzz | Wednesday, 13 January , 2010, 11:07

The audio of Gautham Vasudev Menon’s first film with the academy award winning music director AR Rahman Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa was released on Tuesday night (Jan 12) at a popular multiplex in Chennai.

The most eagerly awaited audio, which had even advance booking on the net was released by A R Rahman and received by Kamal Hassan. The best part of the evening was that there were no lengthy speeches by the usual suspects, as Gautham himself anchored the show.

It was a unique function done in a different way. All the songs from the album were performed live on stage by singers Chinmayi, Benny Dayal, Karthik, Devan Ekambaram, Vijayprakash, Blaaze, Alphonse and Naresh Iyer.

Later three songs from the album and three trailer cuts from the film were screened. The visuals of Manoj Paramahamsa of never seen before locales in Kerala mixed with Malta and New York was stunning. Every frame looked like a picture postcard style and was captivating. Rajeevan’s production design added to the grandeur.

Trailer cuts were innovative and classy as the director has gone to establish the underlining sublime chemistry between his lead stars Simbu and Trisha.

Simbu has an all new look and will make female hearts flutter while Trisha has got that typical Syrian Christian Kerala look straight.

Oh God, is it going to be the true love story between Gautham then an assistant director and his wife Preeti?

The songs screened included Omana Penne, Hosanna, Kannukkul Kannai . The mass chart buster is likely to be Omana Penne , while the class song which is going to become popular after release is the title track, Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa which is straight from the heart.

The views expressed in the article are the author's and not of Sify.com.

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14927227
[/tscii:56f29fbb21]

SoftSword
13th January 2010, 02:58 PM
looking forward to the views from IR, HJ, YSR fans

dinesh2002
13th January 2010, 03:48 PM
went in an audio-cum-cashandcarry shop today, to get some prayer items, it was pathetic that the shop was actually playing Aadhavan songs. I had Hosana song as my ringtone, and once it rang near a man there, he quickly replayed Nenjikul Peidhidhum.

I just gave a smile at that guy and bought the stuffs and walk off.

Its so annoying to see such people still behaves so childishly!

A.ANAND
13th January 2010, 03:58 PM
went in an audio-cum-cashandcarry shop today, to get some prayer items, it was pathetic that the shop was actually playing Aadhavan songs. I had Hosana song as my ringtone, and once it rang near a man there, he quickly replayed Nenjikul Peidhidhum.

I just gave a smile at that guy and bought the stuffs and walk off.

Its so annoying to see such people still behaves so childishly!

unna avaru kadupetatraro ennavo! :lol:

dinesh2002
13th January 2010, 04:38 PM
Athan Anand, seriyana Nadhari payye :twisted:

MusicIsLife
13th January 2010, 05:59 PM
Maddy & Scale & all: Thanks once again.. I would do injustice if I reiterate how great this album is (Kangalal Kaithu Sei-this is the movie I was thinking of). Anyways: I remembered the great movie SindhuBhairavi where Sivakumar is rendering a song and a fisherman gives him a necklace made of sea shells and Siva considers that to be the most priced possession. For some people here this album would be "Kila" enna vilai and for some it would be like the shell necklace. So I will accept a comment as a comment. sometimes it hurts to see when people say it is a sumar album, hey but that is me.

PS: Guys I live in NJ very close to Philly and work in Greater Phila area (King of Prussia), but mostly working from home. If anybody wants to meet up for a coffee/dinner let me know.. we can catch up, it would be nice to have a face to the name.

MADDY
13th January 2010, 07:40 PM
MIL, thanks ellam edhukku.....chennai or bangalore vandheengana, pls contact me :D .......ah, abt negative comments, u must have read atrocious reviews by inetk and some others.........i felt they tried to kill off any interest before it happens.....anyways, they should have reasons to write so :)

time for a "fav song of album" poll guys or should we wait one more week by which time hopefully we would have got settled with our choices? :wink:

mannippaya tune has a "tried too much" feel which i feel mainly because is due to lyrics......they could have gone for english lyrics in parts like where shreya goes off "ulle ulla eeram needhaan" and rahman jumps with "kaatrile aadum kaagidham naan, needhan ennai kaditham aakkinai" ........no offence to thamarai but i felt western melody lines need english lyrics illaya? :)

dinesh2002
13th January 2010, 07:48 PM
Back with a heart full of happiness. VTV album is by far the most quality album in the past 10 years? Gautham is seriously lucky to have this album. Its by far the most quality album for Gautham.

All the songs r very good. Im sure ill have to buy another VTV cd near future. (my current CD will go spoil coz of over hearing).

MADDY
13th January 2010, 08:01 PM
Back with a heart full of happiness. VTV album is by far the most quality album in the past 10 years? Gautham is seriously lucky to have this album. Its by far the most quality album for Gautham.

All the songs r very good. Im sure ill have to buy another VTV cd near future. (my current CD will go spoil coz of over hearing).

did someone hack dinesh's ID :wink: .......JK :D ........

wait for visuals to lift the songs to a new level.... 8-) ......im thinking of posting something on what imagery does each song evoke.... :D

dinesh2002
13th January 2010, 08:21 PM
Maddy, sarcasm eh? Lol. I knew i would change my view on the songs. just the matter of time. The best had to be Mannipaya, Hosana, Omana Penne and Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya. Aaromale is a fantastic fusion between country song (???) and indian raag. Harris could neve come up with anything as perfect as this.

Yeah, Gautham should no doubt bring in another level for the songs. Hosana looked awsome in the previews. :)

littlemaster1982
13th January 2010, 08:22 PM
Guys,

Don't bring any comparisons. Thanks for the understanding :)

Ramakrishna
13th January 2010, 08:25 PM
Mannipaaya is the best. I have been listening only to this song the whole night.

dinesh2002
13th January 2010, 08:28 PM
LM, that was not a comparison, but a plain fact. Haha!!

MusicIsLife
13th January 2010, 09:06 PM
Sure will do Maddy!! send me an email do you have one? or i will send it to your blog post or can you do it privately through this forum?

LM: Actually I did like Vaaranam Ayiram songs (HJ + GM).. but this one is outstanding in its own right...

littlemaster1982
13th January 2010, 09:17 PM
LM: Actually I did like Vaaranam Ayiram songs (HJ + GM).. but this one is outstanding in its own right...

Agree :) Even if there is a honest post, fights are bound to happen. Didn't want it to happen in this thread.

Dragun
13th January 2010, 10:30 PM
Is the violin part of Aaromale in Darbari Kanada ragam?

ajaybaskar
14th January 2010, 01:20 AM
A very interesting post from arryg.

I'm trying to come up with an analogy to our collective relationship with a new ARR album and I think I found one.

With an arranged marriage, as many of you have probably experienced, you meet your partner, talk, you try to get to know each other, but it's awkward at first....you may have some doubts, fears, and in some cases, you may not like the person at all. But, over time, once familiarity takes over, and if you give that person a chance, MOST OF THE TIME, your love for that person will grow, and grow, based on a deeper understanding and appreciation of the person....understanding the finer qualities It's a love not based on infatuation or artificial traits, but grows gradually under patience and time.

Now, I will make a few word substitutions and try to recreate the same paragraph.....

With a new ARR album, as many of you have probably experienced, you buy it/download it, listen to it, and try to get to know it better, but it's awkward at first.....you may have some doubts, fears, and in some cases you may not like the album at all. But over time, once familiarity takes over, and if you give that album a chance, MOST OF THE TIME, your love for that album will grow and agrow, based on a deeper understanding and appreciation of the album....understanding the finer qualities. It's a love not based on first impression only or surface gloss, but grows gradually under patience and time. [/quote]

Yathu
14th January 2010, 01:34 AM

I'm trying to come up with an analogy to our collective relationship with a new ARR album and I think I found one.

With an arranged marriage, as many of you have probably experienced, you meet your partner, talk, you try to get to know each other, but it's awkward at first....you may have some doubts, fears, and in some cases, you may not like the person at all. But, over time, once familiarity takes over, and if you give that person a chance, MOST OF THE TIME, your love for that person will grow, and grow, based on a deeper understanding and appreciation of the person....understanding the finer qualities It's a love not based on infatuation or artificial traits, but grows gradually under patience and time.

Now, I will make a few word substitutions and try to recreate the same paragraph.....

With a new ARR album, as many of you have probably experienced, you buy it/download it, listen to it, and try to get to know it better, but it's awkward at first.....you may have some doubts, fears, and in some cases you may not like the album at all. But over time, once familiarity takes over, and if you give that album a chance, MOST OF THE TIME, your love for that album will grow and agrow, based on a deeper understanding and appreciation of the album....understanding the finer qualities. It's a love not based on first impression only or surface gloss, but grows gradually under patience and time.

:thumbsup:

Ramakrishna
14th January 2010, 01:37 AM

With a new ARR album, as many of you have probably experienced, you buy it/download it, listen to it, and try to get to know it better, but it's awkward at first.....you may have some doubts, fears, and in some cases you may not like the album at all. But over time, once familiarity takes over, and if you give that album a chance, MOST OF THE TIME, your love for that album will grow and agrow, based on a deeper understanding and appreciation of the album....understanding the finer qualities. It's a love not based on first impression only or surface gloss, but grows gradually under patience and time. [/quote]

Superb explanation

lancelot
14th January 2010, 07:28 AM
i didnt want to say a word about the album until i actually had the chance to listen to each song atleast ten times... iv got one word. WOW!!!

at first i thought it was just ok... but man this album is growing on me... thats what i love about the master... his music is like wine.. gets better with age :)

will go back and read all your comments on the album to get feel of how everyone is liking it over here...

to me.... scintillating!

A.ANAND
14th January 2010, 08:37 AM

:rotfl3: :rotfl3:dinesh! naan sonnathu ippatha velai seyuthu pola! :lol:

songs ellam sumar-innu sonnavanga ellam ippa super -nnu sollaranga!thats is AAR magic :yes: slow poison! :D

A.ANAND
14th January 2010, 09:03 AM
SOME VTV REVIEW

http://spontic.wordpress.com/2010/01/13/vinnai-thaandi-
varuvaaya-music-review/

http://s-a-j-i-t-h.blogspot.com/2010/01/vinnaithandi-varuvaya-album-review.html

http://bhavna-thexpression.blogspot.com/2010/01/vinnaithandi-varuvaya-facts-fiction-and.html

http://www.lordoftheweb.info/993/vinnai-thandi-varuvaya-vtv-music-review/

A.ANAND
14th January 2010, 09:19 AM
massege from thalaivar

Thanks I hope the film works out tooo .....

you guys give me the motivation ...to experiment .....

Cheers and good will to all of you ....A R R

A.ANAND
14th January 2010, 09:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPkUADLyYU4

watch hosanna song visual :notworthy: :2thumbsup:

trisha-va athu :omg:

MADDY
14th January 2010, 09:26 AM
Is the violin part of Aaromale in Darbari Kanada ragam?

i dont think anyone is qualified here to answer your question :) ......vijayr, listening? :wink: u can try asking this in yahoo grps

baroque
14th January 2010, 09:36 AM
suvasthi suvasthu sumugoortham
sumangalibava manavaatti.....guitar strumming, chorus passage is BHIMPALASI
as Lagaan's radha kaise ....or kuch dil ne kaha...or kunnathe....IR
that violin bit runs in higher pitch behind the chorus singing rt!

or ask at raga of songs thread.
vinatha. :)

arsaregama
14th January 2010, 09:36 AM
my facebook frd posted this ...

seems aaromale is ripped from
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgkMvk-5hhA

Mahen
14th January 2010, 09:47 AM

Do you have to post this? :twisted:

A.ANAND
14th January 2010, 10:09 AM

Do you have to post this? :twisted:

2-dukkum sambathame illa!

dinesh2002
14th January 2010, 10:24 AM

:rotfl3: :rotfl3:dinesh! naan sonnathu ippatha velai seyuthu pola! :lol:

songs ellam sumar-innu sonnavanga ellam ippa super -nnu sollaranga!thats is AAR magic :yes: slow poison! :D

Anand, i was dissapointed innitially because i was expecting a typical Tamil melodious album like KKS or KKKK. Yenna Gautham'vakke nalla music sense iruku. Antha mathiri music extract pannevare'ne nenichen. But VTV mostly western flavor irunthethenaale 1st hear hear manase bakkene poche. haha. ippe i throw all my expectation and listen like a normal person, songs r good.

ARR fans r happy, now we have to see if it clicks with the makkals. Esp the normal students, avengekitte click aachena, album big hit thaan.

Scale
14th January 2010, 10:27 AM
Hope this helps (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/arrahmanfans/message/129982)

Maddy, people post their album review's in a twitter post (100 characters) :lol:

Ajay's quote :bulls eye:

dinesh2002
14th January 2010, 10:29 AM

All the songs from this genre sounds alike. That is why ARR added the Indian flavor in to give it a new twist.

arsaregama
14th January 2010, 10:40 AM
I agree i just wantd the opinions of other ppl too....

july
14th January 2010, 12:45 PM
Guys wer i can donwload VTV ringtone ?
8-)

A.ANAND
14th January 2010, 02:10 PM
Rahman disappoints in Vinnaithandi Varuvaaya!

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/tamil/exclusive/2010/a-r-rahman-disappoints-130110.html

#please read all comments from the reader! :rotfl3: :rotfl3:

sentha'nnda mavane! :lol:

A.ANAND
14th January 2010, 02:23 PM
[tscii:8682885fb1]An amazing filmi do in Chennai

SRINIVASA RAMANUJAM, TNN, 14 January 2010, 12:00am ISTText

It¡¯s the season to fall in love and strum the guitar into the hearts of Omana Pennes! Alphonse, Karthik, Naresh Iyer, Blaaze and Stephen Devassy

Meaning ¡®beloved one¡¯ in Malayalam, Omana Penne... in Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa might just become the next big thing in Tamil film music as the Gautham Menon-Rahman combination is all set to rock.

¡°I enjoyed working with Gautham,¡± said Rahman during the audio launch of the film, ¡°The music in this film is slightly quirky, as some numbers do not have a set pallavi-charanam format. I really hope people accept the music.¡±

The evening was a musical journey, with a host of singers performing the numbers to the audience.
Gautham, who has worked with Harris Jayaraj on many successful films, teams up with the double Oscar winner for the first time.

¡°I¡¯ve waited eight years for this opportunity,¡± revealed an elated Gautham, ¡°When we were almost done with the songs, Rahman called me one day and asked me if I could include a Malayam song with a different feel! I told him that since I¡¯ve waited for eight years for an opportunity to work with him, another song to the album will be most welcome.¡± The film, which marks Rahman¡¯s comeback to Kollywood, features Simbu and Trisha in lead roles.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/filmi-parties/regional/An-amazing-filmi-do-in-Chennai/articleshow/5441243.cms

[/tscii:8682885fb1]

K2AL
14th January 2010, 03:49 PM
Good album g8 wrk by ARR.. .
Rate : - 8/10

ajaybaskar
14th January 2010, 04:32 PM
london audio launch at 5.45 pm today in kalaignar tv..

dinesh2002
14th January 2010, 05:29 PM
[tscii:9fb94968c4]An amazing filmi do in Chennai

SRINIVASA RAMANUJAM, TNN, 14 January 2010, 12:00am ISTText

It¡¯s the season to fall in love and strum the guitar into the hearts of Omana Pennes! Alphonse, Karthik, Naresh Iyer, Blaaze and Stephen Devassy

Meaning ¡®beloved one¡¯ in Malayalam, Omana Penne... in Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa might just become the next big thing in Tamil film music as the Gautham Menon-Rahman combination is all set to rock.

¡°I enjoyed working with Gautham,¡± said Rahman during the audio launch of the film, ¡°The music in this film is slightly quirky, as some numbers do not have a set pallavi-charanam format. I really hope people accept the music.¡±

The evening was a musical journey, with a host of singers performing the numbers to the audience.
Gautham, who has worked with Harris Jayaraj on many successful films, teams up with the double Oscar winner for the first time.

¡°I¡¯ve waited eight years for this opportunity,¡± revealed an elated Gautham, ¡°When we were almost done with the songs, Rahman called me one day and asked me if I could include a Malayam song with a different feel! I told him that since I¡¯ve waited for eight years for an opportunity to work with him, another song to the album will be most welcome.¡± The film, which marks Rahman¡¯s comeback to Kollywood, features Simbu and Trisha in lead roles.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/filmi-parties/regional/An-amazing-filmi-do-in-Chennai/articleshow/5441243.cms

[/tscii:9fb94968c4]

Gautham-ARR combo rocks to the core !! I seriously, seriously hope they continue to work together to give us more quality songs like these.

A.ANAND
14th January 2010, 07:59 PM
[tscii:491500196e]இயங்க வைக்கும் அரிப்பு...
வி.தா.வ விழாவில் கமல்!

‘விண்ணை தாண்டி வருவாயா’ படத்தின் ஆடியோவை லண்டனில் வெளியிட்டு பரபரப்பை கிளப்பினார் அப்படத்தின் இயக்குனர் கவுதம் வாசுதேவ மேனன். மீண்டும் ஒரு முறை சென்னையில் ஆடியோவை வெளியிட்டது இதே டீம். சிறப்பு விருந்தினர்களாக வந்திருந்தார்கள் கமல்ஹாசனும், ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மானும்.

ஏழு மணிக்கு துவங்குவதாக இருந்த விழா சற்று தாமதமாகதான் துவங்கியது. கமலும், ரஹ்மானும் டிராபிக்கில் நசுங்கி தியேட்டருக்குள் வருவதற்குள், முழுசாக ஒன்றரை மணி நேரம் கடந்திருந்தது. மேடையில் லைவ்வாக இசைக்கப்பட்டன இப்படத்தின் பாடல்கள். பென்னி தயாள், சின்மயி, கார்த்திக், ஸ்ரீநிவாஸ் என்று பிரமிக்க வைக்கிற அத்தனை கலைஞர்களும் மேடையில்.

கேட்பவர்களை கட்டிப்போடுகிற ராஜ வசிய இசையை தந்திருந்தார் ரஹ்மான். ஒவ்வொரு பாடல்களையும் கேட்கும்போதும் வானத்தில் மிதப்பது போன்ற உணர்வு. தித்திக்க தித்திக்க தேன் கொடுத்த மாதிரி, திரையிலும் காட்டப்பட்டன மூன்று பாடல்கள். குறிப்பாக ‘ஓமனப் பெண்ணே’ என்ற பாடலும், அது எடுக்கப்பட்ட விதமும் அசத்தலோ அசத்தல்.

"லைட்ஸ் ஆன்... இந்த வார்த்தையை ஐம்பது ஆண்டுகளுக்கு முன்பு கேட்டபோது ஒரு புல்லரிப்பு இருந்தது. அந்த புல்லரிப்பு இப்போதும் இருக்கிறது" என்றார் கவுதம் மேனன். "இந்த அரிப்பு இருக்கறதாலதான் நாங்க இன்னும் சுறுசுறுப்பா இயங்கிக் கொண்டிருக்கிறோம்'' என்றார் கமல். "இந்த படத்தில் சிம்பு வர்ணித்த மாதிரியே அழகா இருக்காங்க த்ரிஷா. படமும் அழகா இருக்கு. பார்த்த வரைக்கும் பிரமிப்பா இருக்கு'' மனதார பாராட்டினார் கமல்.

"இந்த படத்திலே நான் அழகா இருக்கறதா எல்லாரும் சொல்றாங்க. நான் எப்பவுமே அப்படிதான் இருக்கேன்" என்றார் சிம்பு. அப்படீங்களா....

http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/Hotnews/2010/January/130110.asp
[/tscii:491500196e]

ajaybaskar
14th January 2010, 08:00 PM
what did kamal spk in the launch?

A.ANAND
14th January 2010, 08:01 PM
since last 3 days ..i have come across lots of reviewers complaning about some song or the entire album...

i dont understand tamil by the way(am from AP) ....

coming back...
i got to hear those songs today and i was like ..."have they gone mad..or did my taste change ...all of sudden??"
all the tracks are sooooo beautiful ....
and whats wrong with Aaromale??.. man! what a track it is...i liked it on first hearing itself..and those uproars about the 'irritating factor'..
.i was waiting for something irritating to come up as the song went on..and it finished..and i was like "What..wheres the irritating thing. this is amazing stuff by rahman"

haha...go have deepavali..dushera. .sankranthi at a time..listen to VV...

ARRYG

A.ANAND
14th January 2010, 08:04 PM
what did kamal spk in the launch?

Engga oorla kalaizhar tv kedaiyathu!neenga program paakalaya ajay??audio lunch in london kalazhar tv telecast antha sonnagale! :roll:

any link?

ajaybaskar
14th January 2010, 08:19 PM
I saw the first 4 songs, then unfortunately I had to go out...

ajaybaskar
14th January 2010, 08:21 PM
Alphons' rendition of Aaromalae in the function was awesome. It got a gr8 response from the crowd...

viraajan
14th January 2010, 08:28 PM
GVM praised Kamal by quoting the 50 yrs tenure in Cinema, when calling him on to the stage.

Kamal, said something like, Simbuvum chinna vayasulErndhu nadicikkittu irukkapla...

something like this. I forgot :oops:

Bala (Karthik)
14th January 2010, 08:45 PM
Ajay,
Thalaivar spoke for a very short time. Referring to Gautham's compliment that it was pullarichufying that 50 years ago He said regarding Gautham's compliments ("50 years ku munnadi start camera action sollumbodhu irundhaaru" etc) that "engalukku innum andha pull arikkaradhunaaladhaan innum ingaye suthitrukkom. Simbuvum chinna vayasulerndhe nadikka arambichuttaaru..... Isai, adhukkagathaan naama inga vandhirukkom. Ellathukkum vaazthugal" something like that..

Bala (Karthik)
14th January 2010, 08:53 PM
Still haven't been able to listen to the whole album. Caught parts of the other songs in the audio launch.

The title track is interesting (like aaromale) - Simon/Garfunkel and Floyd again....

Hosanna - Catchy but i'm not sure about the shelf life
Kanukkul - Underwhelming but then this is my first listen (and not with Rahman's vocals)

Ramakrishna
14th January 2010, 09:00 PM
Kanukkul isn't sung by ARR :?

Bala (Karthik)
14th January 2010, 09:01 PM
Then it must have been Mannippaya? Rendume innum sila pala thadava kekkanum pola irukku... first listen la Aaromale and VTV impressed..

sathya_1979
14th January 2010, 09:35 PM
Alphonse :clap: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Whistle adikkara emoticons create pannungappaa.

complicateur
14th January 2010, 09:46 PM
Long free flowing notes (in keeping with the songs) on VTV ezhuthaNum. The source of inspiration is in the album itself.

MADDY
14th January 2010, 09:47 PM
Long free flowing notes (in keeping with the songs) on VTV ezhuthaNum. The source of inspiration is in the album itself.

waiting :D

kid-glove
14th January 2010, 10:01 PM

Suppose, vera edhavudhu irundha, congratulations buddy. :mrgreen:

muzammil_fr
14th January 2010, 10:45 PM
vtv trailer
http://www.uyirvani.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=26123

muzammil_fr
14th January 2010, 10:53 PM
vtv audio lunch
http://www.uyirvani.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=26126

ajaybaskar
14th January 2010, 11:35 PM
Ajay,
Thalaivar spoke for a very short time. Referring to Gautham's compliment that it was pullarichufying that 50 years ago He said regarding Gautham's compliments ("50 years ku munnadi start camera action sollumbodhu irundhaaru" etc) that "engalukku innum andha pull arikkaradhunaaladhaan innum ingaye suthitrukkom. Simbuvum chinna vayasulerndhe nadikka arambichuttaaru..... Isai, adhukkagathaan naama inga vandhirukkom. Ellathukkum vaazthugal" something like that..
Thanks for sharing,Bala. I was waiting to see kamal's speech but couldn't manage to do it... Need to check youtube...

vijayr
15th January 2010, 01:16 AM
Having had a chance to listen to the "unplugged" versions of the songs again tonight on TV in the launch function, I guess my initial opinions remain unchanged. Aromale kicks ass and the title track is pretty good too. Hosanna might become popular but it wont be my pick. I was waiting to see who Alfonse was and how was he going to sing this on stage. He just nailed it, while playing the guitar.Impressive find.
Rahman said it was a "quirky" album and those were exactly my first impressions too . Quite experimental, this. The two classic-rock inspired songs worked for me initially and I guess after a couple more listens no other song has grown on me. Aromale alone is enough to put most other Gautam Menon soundtracks done earlier, to shame. I am not confident that GM will know how to shoot these songs. Let's see.

Ramakrishna
15th January 2010, 01:31 AM
Yes, picturising Aaromale would have been a challenge to Gautham. But i suspect ARRR would be using that song as BGM, like we saw in the trailer, without being seperately picturised.

Ramakrishna
15th January 2010, 01:35 AM
Then it must have been Mannippaya? Rendume innum sila pala thadava kekkanum pola irukku... first listen la Aaromale and VTV impressed..

Listen to manippaaya...If you like very slow melodies(soul stirrers), you will like this song.

ramk1
15th January 2010, 06:39 AM
Except omanapenne the rest all are pretty basic ARR tunes. Usually he keeps a mysterious layer which catches the listener by surprise and he keeps listening to it and again and again and gets hooked on. But this one seems to be a dull one.

thineshan54321
15th January 2010, 10:08 AM
Except omanapenne the rest all are pretty basic ARR tunes. Usually he keeps a mysterious layer which catches the listener by surprise and he keeps listening to it and again and again and gets hooked on. But this one seems to be a dull one.

thats an oxymoron...

sibicalls
15th January 2010, 10:52 AM

I dunno what to infer..But one common trend which I noticed. For all these people who dismiss this album ina single line saying pretty normal stuff, usual stuff etc. a click on their name and looking at their previous post, most of them are in some IR forums.

Personally I think we should take it as a good sign. I have a feeling this is going to be big album of this year. :lol: :D

sha
15th January 2010, 11:17 AM
im loving this,,, minimal instuments with sreeni,, Wintage Rahman stuff ( apart from that blazee s**t)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrgIdXVsCTs&feature=player_embedded

AudazJay
15th January 2010, 12:07 PM
I didn't want to post anything on VTV till I've had the satisfaction of savoring the whole beauty of the soundtracks.

To describe the album in one word: Phenomenal!

I just couldn't decide which track I loved the most! In fact, I've been listening to this album for the umpteenth time now but till today, I've never once been tempted to skip any of the tracks. Each and every one of them are amazing and magical on their own.

Omana Penne gives a blissful feeling everytime I hear it. Benny Dayal brings forth a freshness in the song through his soothing voice.The Malayalam piece and Kalyani's wonderful voice is definitely a plus point here. Very unique and astounding use of nadaswaram! Hats off to ARR for bringing the sheer beauty of the classical instruments to life!

Anbil Avan was a remarkable blend of techno and traditional music. The marriage tunes gives a divine feel to the song while the right balance of percussion keeps the track contemporary without losing the essence of the lyrics.

Vinnaithandi Varuvaya relies heavily on string arrangements and ARR proves that he can bring out the splendor of a song even without the support of heavy musical instruments. Karthik did a wonderful at the vocals by giving a mystical effect to the title number.

Hossana proves that Vijay Prakash is no "one-time" wonder. The initial rendition of "yen idhayam..." was enchanting and the startling transformation to the fast pace enhances the exquisiteness of the number. Suzanne's lovely humming gives an added beauty to the song while Blaaze's rap is just too cool!

Kannukul Kannai started with an astonishing violin works. And man, was that Naresh Iyer? Amazing transformation in his voice. He literally brought out the frustration of a lover through his hard-beating singing. Ganesh Rajagopalan's violin feast at the interludes keeps lingering in your ears long after the song ends.

ARR's brilliance in churning out an unconventional melody with a touch of divinity is evident in Manipaya. This is a song which conveys a young damsel's wish of seeking forgiveness from her lover (a first in the world??). And who's better to bring out the grief and anguish of the guilt-stricken lover than Shreya Ghosal? Her heart-breaking rendition would even melt a stone-hearted person. ARR does justice to his part. His soulful singing gives the song an added boost! The addition of Thirukural just took me by surprise! Exquisite piece of work!

Aaromale rocks its way to our heart! Thank you ARR for discovering the talented Alphonse! This guy is just magnificent!
Blending rock with indian music is no easy task and ARR does it with elan...In fact, I'm still in awe with this magical composition. Truly, sky is the limit to the genius called ARR! :notworthy:

ajaybaskar
15th January 2010, 12:45 PM
Just listen to the music that starts from 0.51 in the trailer.... Sorgam....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eRVjt5VG8U

dinesh2002
15th January 2010, 04:22 PM
My Hosanna ringtone :

http://www.mediafire.com/?rgtm0xzxmvm

karthik_sa2
15th January 2010, 05:23 PM
just heard two songs ... should say they were super awesome. back to form arr 8-) 8-)

Ramakrishna
15th January 2010, 05:33 PM
Which ones?

karthik_sa2
15th January 2010, 05:55 PM
omana pennae and one more song in fm. i don remember the song.. didn like the singing though.t was like blaze voice.. the interludes were mesmerising...

Aalavanthan
15th January 2010, 06:36 PM
My 6 mth old has found his new bedtime song .. A piece of Karthik, Guitar and piano make him to go to sleep like anything.. Karthik and ARR ku :notworthy:

Vinnai thaandi varuvaayaa

MADDY
15th January 2010, 08:01 PM
I didn't want to post anything on VTV till I've had the satisfaction of savoring the whole beauty of the soundtracks.

To describe the album in one word: Phenomenal!

I just couldn't decide which track I loved the most! In fact, I've been listening to this album for the umpteenth time now but till today, I've never once been tempted to skip any of the tracks. Each and every one of them are amazing and magical on their own.

Omana Penne gives a blissful feeling everytime I hear it. Benny Dayal brings forth a freshness in the song through his soothing voice.The Malayalam piece and Kalyani's wonderful voice is definitely a plus point here. Very unique and astounding use of nadaswaram! Hats off to ARR for bringing the sheer beauty of the classical instruments to life!

Anbil Avan was a remarkable blend of techno and traditional music. The marriage tunes gives a divine feel to the song while the right balance of percussion keeps the track contemporary without losing the essence of the lyrics.

Vinnaithandi Varuvaya relies heavily on string arrangements and ARR proves that he can bring out the splendor of a song even without the support of heavy musical instruments. Karthik did a wonderful at the vocals by giving a mystical effect to the title number.

Hossana proves that Vijay Prakash is no "one-time" wonder. The initial rendition of "yen idhayam..." was enchanting and the startling transformation to the fast pace enhances the exquisiteness of the number. Suzanne's lovely humming gives an added beauty to the song while Blaaze's rap is just too cool!

Kannukul Kannai started with an astonishing violin works. And man, was that Naresh Iyer? Amazing transformation in his voice. He literally brought out the frustration of a lover through his hard-beating singing. Ganesh Rajagopalan's violin feast at the interludes keeps lingering in your ears long after the song ends.

ARR's brilliance in churning out an unconventional melody with a touch of divinity is evident in Manipaya. This is a song which conveys a young damsel's wish of seeking forgiveness from her lover (a first in the world??). And who's better to bring out the grief and anguish of the guilt-stricken lover than Shreya Ghosal? Her heart-breaking rendition would even melt a stone-hearted person. ARR does justice to his part. His soulful singing gives the song an added boost! The addition of Thirukural just took me by surprise! Exquisite piece of work!

Aaromale rocks its way to our heart! Thank you ARR for discovering the talented Alphonse! This guy is just magnificent!
Blending rock with indian music is no easy task and ARR does it with elan...In fact, I'm still in awe with this magical composition. Truly, sky is the limit to the genius called ARR! :notworthy:

beautiful review :clap:

MADDY
15th January 2010, 08:06 PM
My 6 mth old has found his new bedtime song .. A piece of Karthik, Guitar and piano make him to go to sleep like anything.. Karthik and ARR ku :notworthy:

podisungalakku ellam thalaivar music automatic lullaby......thalaivar is so consistent with attracting infants - there is something so primitive abt his music that he pulls this off..... :D

we have a BGM treat in store, i believe :bow:

MusicIsLife
15th January 2010, 08:07 PM
My Hosanna ringtone :

Thanks for this.. I will check out how I can make this my ringtone....

Thanks once again

MusicIsLife
15th January 2010, 08:11 PM
Awesome trailer.. I expect a good BGM, always kind-a lacked something somewhere.. but this one is going to be rocking I guess after the spontaneous energy BGM in SDM

lancelot
15th January 2010, 08:20 PM
just heard two songs ... should say they were super awesome. back to form arr 8-) 8-)

back to form? was he ever out of form? :huh:

arsaregama
15th January 2010, 09:47 PM

podisungalakku ellam thalaivar music automatic lullaby......thalaivar is so consistent with attracting infants - there is something so primitive abt his music that he pulls this off..... :D

we have a BGM treat in store, i believe :bow:

apdi podu arivala!

Mukzi
15th January 2010, 09:50 PM
My picks..hoana and Omane Penne!!!!!!!!!
btw...What abt the status..abt Vinnaithandi Varuvaaya..Teleugu Version..any news abt dat songs release!!!!!!!!!!!

MADDY
15th January 2010, 09:53 PM
My Hosanna ringtone :

beautiful mixing :bow: ......can u pls do it for kannukkul kannai 8-)

karthik_sa2
16th January 2010, 11:59 AM
guys what genre is auromellae??? its simply blowin my mind to say the least....orchestration is brilliant.. superb experimentation ... it gives a kinda feel wherein u row a boat in one of the backwaters of kerala alone and gonna see someone very important in ur life. on the other hand feels like a very distinct pathos. this is just music without lyrics am talking about.. whatever!! the song is extraordinary :clap:

next comes hosana... it reminds me of one of the older arr's composition. a bharthiraja movie. dono the name.. neverthless the song is again very catchy. beautiful humming and chorus..towards the end the song goes to another level...literally feels like flying.

omana pennae is another marvel. the background bell kinda sounds give a lullaby feel. instantly likeable. this is the first song i heard from the album while i was driving back home late night in the dark. got an estranged feel. a feel that newyork nagaram gave me before.

the fourth song i liked was anbil avan....peppy all the way. first interlude with its change in beats and rhythm is trademark arr. sure to be a hit..

vinnai thaandi varuvaya reminds me of gone too soon. the chord progressions superb.. romantic :P

overall a complete album from arr. i woul;d say after long time am listening an arr album in loop . am loving it.

Sanjeevi
16th January 2010, 12:02 PM
Vinnai Thandi Varuvaya songs on loop

decent songs with some fabulous content

karthik_sa2
16th January 2010, 12:06 PM

just my opinon dude. new yrk nagaram and the chaarukesi based song in jodha akbar were his previous best according to me. i din like even his slum dog. just my taste my opinon.. :)

lancelot
16th January 2010, 12:43 PM

just my opinon dude. new yrk nagaram and the chaarukesi based song in jodha akbar were his previous best according to me. i din like even his slum dog. just my taste my opinon.. :)

just asked bro... no worries :D

A.ANAND
16th January 2010, 02:23 PM
HOSANA NO1. IN TOP10

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-slide-shows/movie-4/top-ten-songs/vinnaithaandi-varuvaayaa.html

A.ANAND
16th January 2010, 03:46 PM
கெளதம் மேனனின் 'ஓமணப் பெண்ணே...'வெள்ளிக்கிழமை, ஜனவரி 15, 2010, 14:59[IST]

விண்ணைத்தாண்டி வருவாயா ஆடியோ வெளியாகி விட்டது. இசைப் புயல் ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மானின் இசையில் இடம்பெற்றுள்ள பாடல்கள் ஹிட் ஆகியுள்ளன. குறிப்பாக ஓமணப்பெண்ணே என்ற மலையாளம் கம் தமிழ் கலந்த பாடல் ரசிகர்களை வசீகரிக்கத் தொடங்கியுள்ளது.

கெளதம் மேனனின் இயக்கத்தில் சிம்பு, திரிஷா இணை சேர்ந்துள்ள இப்படம் பெரும் எதிர்பார்ப்புக்குள்ளாகியுள்ளது. இப்படத்தின் மூலம் ரஹ்மானுடன் முதல் முறையாக கெளதம் மேனன் இணைந்துள்ளார்.

சென்னையில் நடந்த ஆடியோ வெளியீட்டு விழாவில் ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான் முதல் கேசட்டை வெளியிட, கலைஞானி கமல்ஹாசன் பெற்றுக் கொண்டார்.

நீண்ட பேச்சுக்கள் இல்லாமல், சுருக்கமாக இருந்தது இந்த விழா. படத்தின் பாடல்களைப் பாடியுள்ள சின்மயி, கார்த்திக், தேவன், விஜயப்பிரகாஷ், பிளேஸ், அல்போன்ஸ், நரேஷ் ஐயர், பென்னி தயாள் ஆகியோர் தங்களது பாடல்களை மேடையில் பாடினர்.

பின்னர் பாடல் காட்சிகள் திரையிடப்பட்டன. இதுவரை பார்த்திராத அழகுடன் சிம்பு படு ஹேன்ட்சம் ஆக காட்சியளித்துள்ளார் அத்தனை பாடல்களிலும். திரிஷாவின் அழகும் மயக்க வைக்கும் வகையில் படமாக்கப்பட்டுள்ளது.

இந்தப் படத்தின் கதை கெளதம் மேனனின் சொந்தக் காதல் கதை என்று ஒரு பேச்சு உள்ளது.

படத்தின் பாடல்களில் ஓமணப் பெண்ணே பாடல் அனைவரையும் வசீகரித்தது. ரசிகர்களிடமும் இந்தப் பாடல் ஹிட் ஆகி வருகிறதாம்.

இந்தப் பாடல் கடைசியாகத்தான் சேர்க்கப்பட்டதாம். ரஹ்மான்தான் ஒரு மலையாளப் பாட்டை படத்தில் சேர்க்க முடியுமா என்று கேட்டாராம் கெளதமிடம். மேனனும் உடனே சரியென்றாராம். இதையடுத்து மலையாளத்தில் வெளியான ஹிட் பாடல் ஒன்றை கவிஞர் தாமரையிடம் ரஹ்மான் போட்டுக் காட்டியுள்ளார். பின்னர் அதன் சாயலில் ஓமணப் பெண்ணே பாட்டை எழுதிக் கொடுத்துள்ளார் தாமரை.

இதையடுத்து அந்தப் பாட்டையும், மலையாள ஒரிஜினல் பாட்டையும் கலந்து இந்த ஹிட் பாட்டை உருவாக்கினாராம் ரஹ்மான்.

http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2010/01/15-goutham-menon-s-omana-pennae.html

muzammil_fr
16th January 2010, 04:24 PM
இதையடுத்து அந்தப் பாட்டையும், மலையாள ஒரிஜினல் பாட்டையும் கலந்து இந்த ஹிட் பாட்டை உருவாக்கினாராம் ரஹ்மான்.

Shhit Thatstamil website, where they got this info?

muzammil_fr
16th January 2010, 04:26 PM
they post what they think.

dinesh2002
16th January 2010, 05:04 PM
MusicIsLife.. cool :)

Maddy, thanks for the compliment. :)

Ohh, ofcource i can do it for u. Its my pleasure. Is the any particular part in the song u want to be used for ur ringtone?

mareen
16th January 2010, 05:06 PM
I dont really like the songs tbh. It may take more hearing. Btw whats up with the trailer? Looks wierd.

hope this movie is a hit for simbhu.

dinesh2002
16th January 2010, 06:20 PM
Trailer looks weird ?? I thought it looks very nice. A typical love story with Gautham's touch. Its like Mani Ratnam's movie but with lights. Songs r no doubt the real hero in the film.

kid-glove
16th January 2010, 06:49 PM
Its like Mani Ratnam's movie but with lights..

A.ANAND
16th January 2010, 08:28 PM
Its like Mani Ratnam's movie but with lights..

Appa maniratnam movie-ya ivalo naalu touchlight adichi padam pattya dinesh! :twisted:

A.ANAND
16th January 2010, 08:31 PM
[tscii:b575184211]VINNAITHANDI VARUVAYA -REVIEW

by Magnifying Lens on 15/01/10 at 2:15 am --

The most hyped tamil music album of all times, Vinnaithandi Varuvaayaa is out. According to the estimates of the advance booking, this is also all set to become the biggest album ever in terms of sale. The reason for the hype being this is the first tamil album from ARR after double oscar and also this is the first time the hit combo of Harris-Gautam has given off to the combo of ARR-Gautam. Gautam Menon is known for giving out best music from his movies. Added to the camp is the beautiful lyrics of Tamarai who is one of the best lyricists around today. Does, the album satisfy all the hype? Read on to find out.

The first track is kannukkul kannai sung by Naresh iyer :
Like the whole album this song has a hip feeling about it. Beautiful humming and amazing lyrics. Even though the music has an international feel to it, lyrics are still sweet and native with beautiful wordings. A nice treat to begin the album with.

Next on the album is mannipaya by shreya ghosal and A.R.Rahman :
Amazing orchestration and with ARR at the mikes, amazing singing by both the singers. Must go down as one of the all time classics of ARR singing.

Next is Aaromale by alphons joseph :
A completely new experience to the tamil music circuit. A good guitar piece to start with. Fresh music and fresh song. It will make a nice hear at night time when there is no one to disturb and one is about to fall asleep.

Next is vinnaithandi varuvaaya by Karthik :
The honors of singing the title song goes to Karthik. nice guitar composition, a sad song where hero is missing the heroine. again international feel and nice singing.

Next is omana penne by kalyani menon, benny : Awesome lyrics, smart singing, beautiful composition.The female voice comes in mid as a surprise b’cos all the time it sounds like a male song. Should be interesting to see how it is being picturised. Nagaswaram at end is lovely.Nice jugalbandi at the end between the silky voice of benny and nagaswaram.

Next isanbil avan by Chinmayi,Devan Ekambaram
For me, this is the only one which is falling below the expectation. It sounds like a dance number and a duet. Hope Gautam picturizes it well and compensates.

The last is Hosana by Suzanne DMello , Blaaze , Vijay Prakash
This one is the pick of the lot for me. Nice rap number. With amazing humming and very smart singing. Tamil lyrics are too good. The componsition and the use of guitar is at a different league. The lyrics suggest that the picturization should be interesting.

Overall, the album gives an international feel and a never before experience to the tamil music lovers. With the kind of advance booking done, there is no doubt about its success. It might well go into the record books. To add to it, it will surely be one of the evergreen numbers charted out by ARR for Tamil industry.

Our rating: 4/5

http://www.kollynews.com/songs/vinnaithandi-varuvaaya-music-review

[/tscii:b575184211]

A.ANAND
16th January 2010, 08:36 PM
now i'm very happy about ,the amazing responce given by fans and media on VTV album! :thumbsup:

A.ANAND
16th January 2010, 09:25 PM
On a musical high [aromale fame 'alphonce']

http://beta.thehindu.com/arts/music/article80820.ece

Dragun
17th January 2010, 02:57 AM
Trailer looks weird ?? I thought it looks very nice. A typical love story with Gautham's touch. Its like Mani Ratnam's movie but with lights. Songs r no doubt the real hero in the film.

I'm still wary of Simbu. The guy gives me vaitherichal whenever I see him. Maybe this film will present something different from him.

Benny Lava
17th January 2010, 08:26 AM
Thamizhvanan,
Definitely not 'Great Gig In The Sky'-nga! 'Have a cigar' - idhuvum i'm not sure....Oops! I put it across wrongly. I meant that the feel I got from listening to this song is comparable to those PF numbers :thumbsup:

Anbil avan is my next favorite, fresh and upbeat. For the first time ever, I feel that Rahman chose the wrong song for himself in Mannipaya . The female sections of the song were fabulous though :thumbsup: Shreya G :2thumbsup:

MADDY
17th January 2010, 09:36 AM
Ohh, ofcource i can do it for u. Its my pleasure. Is the any particular part in the song u want to be used for ur ringtone?

hey thanks man.......i would like to have the prelude and the "un nanban illai naan, un vaanin nila, un nanbin illai, nee uyirin vizha" bits - thanks much :D

LM, favorite song of the album poll podreengala? :D

united07
17th January 2010, 09:38 AM
"Anbil Avan" is kind of dark horse man.....hype were given for Hossana and Omana Penne....but this particular song will have a longer life-span I guess .....

absolutely hooked to it...especially the part that goes:

"Nee vaanavillaga, aval vannam 7-aga, antha vaanam eedaga, varaatho, varaatho" brilliant!

dinesh2002
17th January 2010, 10:01 PM

hey thanks man.......i would like to have the prelude and the "un nanban illai naan, un vaanin nila, un nanbin illai, nee uyirin vizha" bits - thanks much :D

Maddy, here it is. Ive done 2 types. Not much difference. But u can choose which u think is nicer. :)

Kannukkul Kannai Ringtone I
http://www.mediafire.com/?adzwmm1e2yz

Kannukkul Kannai Ringtone II
http://www.mediafire.com/?wzjgwyk2tqn

sathya_1979
17th January 2010, 10:33 PM
My contribution:
Anbil Avan Interlude
http://www.mediafire.com/file/tddowbzdn02/Anbil Avan-2.mp3

sathya_1979
17th January 2010, 10:33 PM
My contribution:
Anbil Avan Interlude
http://www.mediafire.com/?tddowbzdn02

slperson1
17th January 2010, 11:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUF9X9acAYc

Longer version of Hosana Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3AgVctOoOs

Omana Penne Video

I think simbhu messed up omana penne

shocker
18th January 2010, 02:20 AM
^
I don't know if Simbu messed it up.

Yathu
18th January 2010, 05:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUF9X9acAYc

Longer version of Hosana Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3AgVctOoOs

Omana Penne Video

I think simbhu messed up omana penne

I like Hosanna's video.

However, Antony's editing is soooo annoying sometimes.

Speed it up, slow it down, speed it up, slow it down, cut shot, cut shot, tacky effect, repeat for all songs. :argh:

What happened to subtle, classy editing.

A.ANAND
18th January 2010, 07:12 AM
first hearing mannipaya ennaku ennamo konjam dissppoiting-ah irunthathu!but now manthirichi vitta mathiri agitten :musicsmile:

my no.1 fav.now is mannipaya song!

shereya with thalaivar!unblievable :clap:

athuvum,'melum melum unnai urugi'no chance! :yes:

song of the year! :thumbsup:

july
18th January 2010, 07:44 AM

Maddy, here it is. Ive done 2 types. Not much difference. But u can choose which u think is nicer. :)

dinesh, please upload other ringtone as well.
advance thanks.

MADDY
18th January 2010, 08:29 AM

wow :bow: ......u have increased the bass is it?? second one was tad better becos u have ended it with the synth riffs :D

My contribution:
Anbil Avan Interlude

:clap: super...

rayan36
18th January 2010, 09:24 AM
oh god....im hooked to the songs now!!! :lol:

sathya_1979
18th January 2010, 10:59 AM
If any of the Rahmaniacs want a particular piece / section of a song, PM me with the song name, movie and the start and end positions (In Seconds). I will get it for u.

littlemaster1982
18th January 2010, 03:18 PM

Poll added :)

lancelot
18th January 2010, 03:43 PM

tough vote :(

SoftSword
18th January 2010, 04:26 PM
we need multi picks voting :(

SoftSword
18th January 2010, 04:27 PM
dono what, how or why...
"anbil thodangi... anbil mudikkiraen" does some magic....
the tune, the words, sir's voice, the feel, the supporting music.. so soothing...

dinesh2002
18th January 2010, 04:28 PM
Maddy, glad u like it. ;)

July, i will surely. It would be a great help if u guys could pinpoint exactly which part u guys need and i will as follow. It will be more better like that. :)

I voted for Hosanna. :)

SoftSword
18th January 2010, 06:04 PM
i am wondering how the vinnaithandi varuvaya track be, if there is a instrumental for it with flute in the lead :shock:

muzammil_fr
18th January 2010, 07:01 PM
Need Multi vote option to vote for all songs, i don't know what to vote.

MADDY
18th January 2010, 07:38 PM

i voted for kannukkul kannai......its my fav :)

Ramakrishna
18th January 2010, 07:49 PM
Mannippaaya

ajaybaskar
18th January 2010, 08:10 PM
Aaromale...

SoftSword
18th January 2010, 09:32 PM
am not voting :evil:

my order of liking is:

1. auromalae
2. mannippaya
3. vinnaithaandi
4. omana pennae
5. hosanna
6. anbil avanai & kannukkul

music man
18th January 2010, 09:33 PM
Hosanna!!!

music man
19th January 2010, 12:00 AM
My thoughts on the album:

http://musically-marx.blogspot.com/2010/01/vinnaithaandi-varuvaayaa-my-thoughts.html

Yathu
19th January 2010, 12:27 AM
I have come to the point where I can't pick a best!

But I'd say it's between Aromale, Hosanna and Mannipaya.

However, I voted for Vinnaithandi Varuvaya 'cos it hasn't got a vote yet and it deserves one!! :D It truly is a beautiful song.

VinodKumar's
19th January 2010, 04:22 AM
basically this is the love story which was said to vijay which he refused.

Gautham thought he would do that with mahesh babu.. he is busy for now.

so gautham is doing with simbu and later remake it with mahesh babu as jessy. ARR is the music director.

ippadinu naan ninaikiraen

ithaan padathula namma tirsha peru ... appothaiku nee nenachathu correct thaan KB ...

VinodKumar's
19th January 2010, 04:22 AM
:( need multiple options here ...

choosing the best between Aeromale and kannukul kannai vaithu :cry3:

voted for Aeromale :thumbsup:

A.ANAND
19th January 2010, 06:59 AM
my vote aromale :musicsmile:

now manippaya! :D

Dragun
19th January 2010, 07:15 AM
basically this is the love story which was said to vijay which he refused.

Gautham thought he would do that with mahesh babu.. he is busy for now.

so gautham is doing with simbu and later remake it with mahesh babu as jessy. ARR is the music director.

ippadinu naan ninaikiraen

ithaan padathula namma tirsha peru ... appothaiku nee nenachathu correct thaan KB ...

VV was shot in Telugu with Naga Chaitanya (Nagarjuna's son) in the Simbu role and Samantha in the Trisha role.. Last I read it was titled Jesse.

A.ANAND
19th January 2010, 03:28 PM
coffee with anu gautham and simbu

http://tamil.techsatish.net/file/cofee-with-anu/

SoftSword
19th January 2010, 08:15 PM
goutham is really sounding gaga over rahman... he uses each and every chance to praise him...

even in the audio release which happd in chennai he said he was waiting 8 yrs for him, great honour etc etc...

and even in coffee with anu he was all praises...
he said he was impressed with the music and built the story around the movie...
one more sigh of relief for all of us, he said he has used all the full 7 songs in the movie... :thumbsup:
also he hinted like this gvm-arr combo would continue further...
and goutham sang the hosanna song... and without forgetting the complete english rap portion also...

muzammil_fr
19th January 2010, 11:42 PM
Gautham, Really he rocking, I see him in Audio Lunch too, he singing Anbil Avil songs with benny "taara ra tha thaara tha", i understand how he love ARR music, even in coffee with anu, he don't stop telling, he want ARR for his 1st movie, before 3 years i thought if this guy GM joint with ARR it will be great, now my wish comes true :), really rocking combo.

A.ANAND
20th January 2010, 07:24 AM
gautham sollaratha paata,ippothai-ikku thalaivara vida mattaru pola thonuthu!lets see!

A.ANAND
20th January 2010, 10:27 AM
[tscii:b591edd7e3]Gautham shoots Aromale
By Moviebuzz | Wednesday, 20 January , 2010, 09:49

Gautham Vasudeva Menon is picturising the hit song from his forthcoming romantic musical Vinnaithandi Varuvaaya, which has songs tuned by AR Rahman. The film is now slated for release on February 19.

The popular song in the album Omana Penne¡* sung by Benny Dayal and Kalyani Menon (cameraman turned director Rajeev Menon¡¯s mom who has also written the lyrics) has become a rage. The song will be picturised in and around Chennai by Gautham.

This montage song will be shot on Simbu and Trisha. The actress has cut short her holiday in LA and is flying back by the end of the week to shoot for the song Omana Penne¡*, which is one of her personal favourite in the album.

Meanwhile Simbu himself is becoming a popular playback singer as he recorded another song for music director SS Kumaran¡¯s (Poo fame) new film Nellu.

The views expressed in the article are the author's and not of Sify.com.

http://sify.com/movies/fullstory.php?id=14928072

[/tscii:b591edd7e3]

ajaybaskar
20th January 2010, 10:37 AM
Indha paattu clippingsthaan yerkanavae vandhuduche!!!

A.ANAND
20th January 2010, 01:13 PM
Indha paattu clippingsthaan yerkanavae vandhuduche!!!

aromale song bro! :D

Babu606
20th January 2010, 01:13 PM
My vote for Aaromale :D

A.ANAND
20th January 2010, 02:37 PM
[tscii:acc9b157c8]Rahman, Vijay and Suzzane’s winning combination is back

- Chandana H Buch, Sampurn Media

A R Rahman along with singers Sukhwinder Singh, Vijay Prakash and Suzzane rocked the world with his Oscar winning song ‘Jai Ho’ in Slumdog Millionaire. And now, ace musician Rahman is yet again there to offer some good music with singers Vijay Prakash and Suzzane in a movie titled Vinnaithandi Varuvaaya.

The Mozart of Madras is known for his ability to know whose voice will suit which song and after which he chose Vijay and Suzzane to sing along Sukhwinder in ‘Jai Ho’. This Oscar winning composer has made them sing melodious tracks along with Blaaze in a song ‘Hosanna’ for Vinnaithandi Varuvaaya.

The winning combination that worked for Slumdog Millionaire is all set to rock the Tamil music industry and if it’s A R Rahman who’s directing the singers then imagine the imagine the success of the song 'hosanna'

http://www.planetradiocity.com/musicreporter/news.php?newscatid=1&newsid=1906

[/tscii:acc9b157c8]

Aalavanthan
20th January 2010, 10:08 PM
for a while I thought the chorus in the background with Hosanna was sung by Shrutti.. not sure why.. but it was hard rock and the O s and A s were sung well..

Aalavanthan
20th January 2010, 10:10 PM
aah.. Aaromale leading.... this just proves that music has no language .. :thumbsup:

I am caught between the actual VTV base song of Karthik and Anbil Avan... Chinamyeeeeeee :P

littlemaster1982
21st January 2010, 08:25 AM
Unplugged versions of VTV Songs (Ripped from Kalaignar TV Program)

►Hossanna
http://www.4shared.com/file/197647519/c174a79c/Hossanna_Unplugged.html

► Omana Penne
http://www.4shared.com/file/197652010/b4dd0451/Omana_Penne_Unplugged.html

► Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya
http://www.4shared.com/file/197655076/96333e5b/Vinnaithaandi_Varuvaaya_Unplug.html

► Kannukkul Kannai
http://www.4shared.com/file/197660954/35a48c98/Kannukkul_Kannai_Unplugged.html

► Aaromale
http://www.4shared.com/file/197664103/57c62b91/Aaromale_Unplugged.html

► Anbil Avan
http://www.4shared.com/file/197670350/23ee4e7/Anbil_Avan_Unplugged.html

► Mannipaaya
http://www.4shared.com/file/197852586/b0bdb9b6/Mannipaaya_Unplugged.html

A.ANAND
21st January 2010, 08:16 PM
[tscii:7f941f5258]Vinnaithnadi Varuvaaya postponed to Feb 19
January 21st, 2010 - 5:49 pm ICT by sampurn -

Here¡¯s something latest we hear from the unit of Gowtham Menon¡¯s Vinnaithandi Varuvaaya. The film was supposed to hit screens on February 14 on the occasion of Valentine¡¯s Day. And now, the producers have apparently decided to postpone the film¡¯s release to following week.

As known earlier, February will have whole lot of releases- Amish Kumar¡¯s Asal, Vishal starrer Theeradha Vilayattu Pillai, Karthi¡¯s Paiyya and Venkat Prabhu¡¯s Goa. Undoubtedly, with so many results set forth in time, the producers have planned to release VTV at the favorable time.

Moreover, Gowtham Menon has been publicizing the film with ¡°A.R. Rahman¡¯ factors so as to attract the international audiences. To be precise, the official annoucement of Rahman¡¯s ¡®Na Na¡¯ in Couples Retreat for academy awards and his Slumdog Millionaire contention at Grammy Awards may furthermore add-up to the film¡¯s publicity.

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/entertainment/vinnaithnadi-varuvaaya-postponed-to-feb-19_100307436.html
[/tscii:7f941f5258]

A.ANAND
21st January 2010, 08:20 PM
GAUTHAM'S PLANS FOR VTV

January 20, 2010

Home > More news

The song Aaromale in Vinnaithandi Varuvaayaa has gained immense popularity already and has been topping the charts. Due to this, the film's director Gautham Menon has decided to shoot the song with the lead pair - Silambarasan and Trisha.

With the director deciding on filming the song, Trisha has given a call sheet to facilitate an early release of the film. VTV is slated for a February release and with this song the shooting schedule is expected to come to an end.

SoftSword
21st January 2010, 08:22 PM

►Hossanna

► Omana Penne

http://www.4shared.com/file/197655076/96333e5b/Vinnaithaandi_Varuvaaya_Unplug.html

► Kannukkul Kannai

► Aaromale

► Anbil Avan

► Mannipaaya

master...
i thought if i can press ► to play that song... i thought if our hub supports such controls....
but.... :twisted:
master :hammer:

A.ANAND
21st January 2010, 08:32 PM
Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya finishes final schedule
Ambili [January 21, 2010, 10:27:26 AM]
Sources close to the unit say the Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya team recently finished its last schedule in Pondicherry and Kolar Gold Mines. The film is expected to be a Valentine's Day treat.

This much-awaited Gautham Menon romantic musical starring Trisha and Simbu revolves around the love between an aspiring film maker Karthik, who wants to make it big in his profession, and a Christian girl Jessie. Music by A.R. Rahman is already rocking the charts.

Digitally, VTV music is available on iTunes, Nokia Store, and iPhone application. This unique activity for VTV is executed through an iPhone music application (app) which will allow users to stream and listen to the complete songs, download the songs, wallpapers and other movie-related information.

This initiative, a first-in-the-world for an iPhone application entirely based on movie OST by Sony Music, is the result of the joint efforts by Sony Music Entertainment India and DCI Mobile Studios, a leading Chennai-based software and mobile applications developer, a division of Galatta.com.

The service will be available to all registered users of iPhone apps across the world. A user would be charged $1.99 for downloading the application, facilitating unlimited streaming of the songs from the album and $2.99 to download the whole album.

littlemaster1982
21st January 2010, 09:05 PM

►Hossanna

► Omana Penne

► Kannukkul Kannai

► Aaromale

► Anbil Avan

► Mannipaaya

master...
i thought if i can press ► to play that song... i thought if our hub supports such controls....
but.... :twisted:
master :hammer:

:lol: I just copy - pasted from Orkut. Adhula ippadithan irundhudhu :P