PDA

View Full Version : || Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya | ARR |Gautham Menon | Simbhu ||

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

ajaybaskar
30th December 2009, 09:45 PM
Dec 32nd as per GVM's latest interview...

Benny Lava
30th December 2009, 09:48 PM
:lol:

MADDY
30th December 2009, 10:36 PM
Really excited to hear this album for the following reasons:

1) Its a new ARR album!
2) ARR-Gautham Menon combo
3) Hosanna could be a glimpse of possible Christian overtones in this album, which is something ARR hasn't experimented with much.

:exactly: and since GM is a IR fan primarily grown on bass-devastation of raaja in 80's - i presume there would be *heavy guitar usage too......

*i meant "lot" of usage, not neccessarily heavy metal or death metal....

shocker
30th December 2009, 10:54 PM
Dec 32nd as per GVM's latest interview...

Nice one

thineshan54321
30th December 2009, 10:55 PM
Really excited to hear this album for the following reasons:

1) Its a new ARR album!
2) ARR-Gautham Menon combo
3) Hosanna could be a glimpse of possible Christian overtones in this album, which is something ARR hasn't experimented with much.

:exactly: and since GM is a IR fan primarily grown on bass-devastation of raaja in 80's - i presume there would be *heavy guitar usage too......

*i meant "lot" of usage, not neccessarily heavy metal or death metal....

good point maddy but i dont think gautham will have an influence on rahman's orchestration.

A.ANAND
31st December 2009, 04:51 PM
[tscii:f61209f2a0]Sony bags Rahman's Tamil, Telugu projects

MUMBAI: Sony Music has bagged the music rights of A R Rahman's next project Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya. The music was launched earlier this week at the Bafta Awards with much fanfare.

Divulging the marketing plans for the project, Sony Music Southern Repertoire head Ashok Parwani says, "We intend to make Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya a crossover album as we believe A R Rahman as a brand and this music has the power to transcend language and regional barriers. We will service the song videos to all leading music channels – Tamil and National as AR Rahman has a universal reach. Apart from servicing of songs on the radio and the web, we have a lot of on-ground and retail level innovations planned out in the form of road shows, special contests with instant gratifications, meet and greet with the cast and crew. On the digital and mobile front, we have a lot of innovations planned including the iPhone application – which will be a global first for Sony Music India."

The music label has also bagged Rahman's next regional project. "We also have A R Rahman’s next Telugu blockbuster 'Puli' one of the most awaited movie of the year in the Telugu industry," Parwani adds. The movie stars Pawan Kalyan, Nikisha Patel and Manoj Bajpai and is directed by SJ Suryah.

Widening its regional portfolio Sony would also release the music of Rajnikanth starrer “Sivaji – The Boss” in Hindi. Talking about the Hindi projects whose audio rights Sony Music has bagged Sony Music marketing director Sanujeet Bhujabal says, "As far as the other Hindi projects are concerned, we have three big projects, but we will be announcing them in the next couple of months."

http://www.radioandmusic.com/content/editorial/news/sony-bags-rahmans-tamil-telugu-projects[/tscii:f61209f2a0]

shocker
31st December 2009, 06:37 PM
How is this news???
The Sony label logo has been on all the VTV posters.
I thought AR was signed to Sony anyway...so who else would distribute his music.

sathya_1979
31st December 2009, 07:12 PM
Hope that this is true

http://www.planetradiocity.com/musicreporter/news.php?newscatid=1&newsid=1821

sathya_1979
31st December 2009, 07:13 PM
GVM says that the music should be available in stores from Jan 10

ALWAR_AJITH
31st December 2009, 08:45 PM
i called lotus five star audio company..they said no idea about release date :huh:

Babu606
1st January 2010, 01:45 AM
Anyone here heard about arr, mani ratnam project Lajjo? or am i the only one who is not aware of it? I have read a news on Bollywood hungama which says like this in the end of article.

In fact talks are on with two leading filmmakers including Mani Ratnam who is apparently all set to revive his Aamir-Kareena project Lajjo. A R Rahman and Gulzar have even recorded the songs.

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/features/2009/12/31/5809/index.html

Appu s
1st January 2010, 03:03 AM
Babu that movie is dropped

Mahen
1st January 2010, 09:40 AM

As per the latest news, mani might revive the project :)

Mukzi
1st January 2010, 02:29 PM
[tscii:d1636d1aa1]
Vinnai Thaandi Varuvaayaa to be launched globally
January 01, 2010
Home > More news
Gautham Menon is back again with yet another sizzling and highly anticipated flick, Vinnai Thaandi Varuvaayaa (VTV), a romantic movie produced with an international audience in mind. Silambarasan and Trisha Krishnan adorn the leading roles. The music is scored by the Oscar Winner, the one and only, A.R.Rahman. 'Vinnai Thaandi Varuvaaya' is the first audio launch in Tamil for Rahman after he brought home Oscars and the Golden Globe and expectations are high among audiences. The lyrics are by Thamarai and the editing done by Antony.

The film was shot in many picturesque locations including the beautiful Malta islands near Italy and various locations in the U.S.A including the Big Apple, New York City, and various scenic spots in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. The audio of the film first rocked the public on a calm Saturday, 18th December in London at a glamorous function presided by A.R.Rahman himself with playback singers giving live performances to a full theater. It was received very well by the public and is sure to raise the anticipation levels. “The music is really great, so are the visuals in the songs. I expect it to be a blockbuster” – says Shanker Koladi who attended the audio launch in London.

The movie is scheduled to release on 12th February 2010, very close to Valentines Day. Vinnai Thaandi Varuvaaya has seven songs as part of its music album. The music will available exclusively on Sony Music and will be released on January 7th, 2010 internationally. Two95 Entertainment, Inc has bagged the distribution rights and will be releasing the movie in major cities of US, Canada & Europe on February 12th. Since it is releasing during the Valentines season, distributors are expecting a huge opening for VTV.

Source:-Behindwoods

Only 6 Days more...Hosana Beginss my new Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:cool2: :yes: :yes: :yes: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: [/tscii:d1636d1aa1]

Appu s
1st January 2010, 05:16 PM

ohhh ok :)

//BTW Mahen DP :P :thumbsup: //

MADDY
1st January 2010, 08:51 PM

thambi-oda figure thangachhi madhiri :P

Mahen
2nd January 2010, 01:29 AM

ohhh ok :)

Dhanks :)

MAddy :lol:

seevaa
2nd January 2010, 12:01 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Vinnaithadi-Varuvaya-New-R-Rahman/dp/B0031SIIUC/ref=sr_1_19?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1261934244&sr=1-19

check this link. vtv audio is releasing on 25th jan as per amazon. ennathan nadakuthu nanbargalae.

sathya_1979
2nd January 2010, 12:14 PM
"Enkitta inime kaasu illada, enna udungadaa" - Read a la Gounds!

littlemaster1982
2nd January 2010, 12:39 PM
Sathya :lol:

Seeva,

Let's hope the audio releases on Jan 10th. I would like to think Amazon doesn't have a clear idea hence they play safe by mentioning a later date. Remember they said the title would be available from Dec 31st earlier.

sathya_1979
2nd January 2010, 12:46 PM
At least if Hosanna is not leaked, the wait would have been less painful. Now it's like getting a very good appreciation from client and waiting for Appraisal Ratings from the manager - Oru oru naalum thalluradhu remba kashtam.

A.ANAND
2nd January 2010, 07:36 PM
Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya on iPhone powered by DCI Mobile Studios

Shailesh [January 1, 2010, 6:57:54 PM]

The premiere of Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa, A.R. Rahman抯 first album after the Oscars, will be powered by DCI Mobile Studios (a division of Galatta.com).

Sony Music India抯 foray into the Tamil movie industry (Kollywood) has created many landmarks and milestones with some of the most successful and prestigious projects. And in yet another pioneering initiative, Sony Music India announced the global launch and world premiere of A.R. Rahman抯 most-anticipated and awaited soundtrack from Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa ?meaning 慦ill you cross the skies for me???nbsp; and abbreviated to VTV. What takes public anticipation to new heights is the fact that this is the first Tamil album from A.R. Rahman after his double Academy Award win and just before the Grammy Awards ?scheduled for February 10.

VTV stars Silambarasan (Simbhu) ?touted as the next superstar in Kollywood ?and beautiful Trisha Krishnan in the lead roles. The film is directed by Gautham Menon (whose previous Tamil film Vaaranam Aayiram was a critical, commercial and musical blockbuster with songs released by Sony Music).

At the sneak music preview of VTV held in London on 19th December 2009, the entire cast and crew (including A.R. Rahman, Gautham Menon, Simbhu, Trisha and all the singers) were present. About this music preview, Gautham Menon said, 揕ondon was a great experience. We had a live unplugged performance of all the songs by the singers who have sung in the album. The audience, mostly English, loved the music. Everybody felt it sounded very international, which was hardly surprising, considering it was music by A.R. Rahman. The intention was to reach and test the music on an international audience. We achieved more than that. We plan to do a road show with all the singers now. This was a first of it's kind show. Now the expectation about the film is tremendous and the pressure is on me now.?/P>

The music of VTV will be released physically on CDs and cassettes across the world and via Amazon.com for online buyers. Digitally, VTV music will be available on iTunes, Nokia Store, and iPhone application from the first week of January.

This unique activity for VTV will be executed through an iPhone music application (app) which will allow users to stream and listen to the complete songs, download the songs, wallpapers and other movie-related information.

This initiative, a first-in-the-world for an iPhone application entirely based on movie OST by Sony Music, is the result of the joint efforts by Sony Music Entertainment India and DCI Mobile Studios, a leading Chennai-based software and mobile applications developer, a division of Galatta.com. The service will be available to all registered users of iPhone apps across the world. A user will be charged $1.99 for downloading the application, facilitating unlimited streaming of the songs from the album and $2.99 to download the whole album.

Galatta.com has also taken steps to restrict unauthorized sharing of the content through this unique application. A user who downloads the songs on his iPhone or iPod will not be able to transfer it to any other (meaning unauthorized) device.

Mr. Shridhar Subramaniam, Managing Director, Sony Music India, said, 揝ony Music has always been at the forefront of redefining music marketing. This initiative, which is a first in India, will enable a savvy generation of smart phone users to access streamed audio feeds over an active data connection. Our efforts have always been to make the music reach its audience as, when, and how they want to enjoy it. We are quite certain that A.R. Rahman抯 fans and lovers of his music will enjoy his genius through this application.?/P>

Commenting on the announcement, Mr. Girish Ramdas (President, Galatta.com) said, 揂t Galatta.com, we recognize that mobile applications are a very personal medium and should fulfill end-users?desire to stream in personal choice of audio content wherever they are; the iPhone is an ideal vehicle for monetizing Sony抯 content. This app will fulfill the dream of mobile subscribers for easy access to the highly-anticipated film抯 songs and get to listen to the genius A.R. Rahman."

The movie will be released in the second week of February 2010.

http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/livewire/id/Vinnaithaandi_Varuvaaya_songs_on_iPhone_powered_by _DCI_Mobile_Studios_34073.html

Guess_Me
2nd January 2010, 09:59 PM
Cool. I hope the iPhone app release will coincide with physical CD release.

I wonder at what bit rate they are going to stream. Normally iTunes goes for 256 kbps. I hope they maintain at least that this time.

jaaze
2nd January 2010, 10:14 PM
Now that's a really smart thing to do. After BLUE got released in memory sticks and thumb drives.

Appu s
3rd January 2010, 11:31 AM
Now that's a really smart thing to do. After BLUE got released in memory sticks and thumb drives.
was it released in memory sticks? it was just their initial plan right? i guess it was not happened :? :roll:

Guess_Me
3rd January 2010, 01:18 PM
No, they released the USB version.

http://www.tseries.com/Shopping/tabid/265/txtSearch/blue/CategoryID/19/List/1/Level/a/productid/47510/Default.aspx?SortField=PublicationStart+DESC%2cPub licationStart+DESC

Guess_Me
3rd January 2010, 01:23 PM
Cool. I hope the iPhone app release will coincide with physical CD release.
On second thoughts, chances of iPhone app releasing on CD release date, are low. Apple is notorious for app store approval delays.

If Sony-BMG wants the iPhone app to be available for download on Jan 7th, they must submit the application for review at least by tomorrow. Apple carefully reviews each application source code line by line and then only list it in their store. On an average, there will be about 30 to 100 app submissions everyday for Apple to review.

Madevan94
3rd January 2010, 02:31 PM
the links dont work :( can u post a new link please

jaaze
3rd January 2010, 05:37 PM
Oh then just USB drives :) And people are more likely to buy the app than to get a USB drive just for the songs.

A.ANAND
3rd January 2010, 08:51 PM
[tscii:359aa0e36e]Is Gowtham planning Vetaiyaadu... sequel?

R. Richard MaheshFirst Published : 03 Jan 2010 11:15:41 AM

ISTLast Updated : 03 Jan 2010 01:49:07 PM IST Gowtham Menon Filmmaker Gowtham Menon boasts about having final drafts of 120 film scripts. As a matter of fact, the moviemaker holds special mention for his ability of simultaneously working on many projects.

At the moment, he has completed shooting for both Tamil and Telugu version of ¡®Vinnaithandi Varuvaaya¡¯. His long-time project ¡®Chennaiyil Oru Mazhaikalam¡¯ is close on the heels of completion while his untitled thriller-film with Sameera Reddy will kick-start shortly.

Meanwhile, Dayanidhi Azhagiri of Cloud Nine Production has signed a deal with him for Ajith Kumar¡¯s 50th film. The project will take off shortly after the release of Ajith¡¯s ¡®ASAL¡¯ and Gowtham¡¯s ¡®VTV¡¯ (both the films are slated to hit screens in February).

Now we hear from his closer sources that he is discussing few scripts with actor Kamal Haasan and the project will kick-start from 2011. Nonetheless, buzzes are that both Kamal-Gowtham have been planning for a sequel to ¡®Vetaiyaadu Vilaiyaadu¡¯.

As of now, nothing is confirmed about these films¡¯ crew, except the presence of A.R. Rahman in all his upcoming projects.

[/tscii:359aa0e36e]

Scale
4th January 2010, 12:55 PM
[tscii:86771c0c35]Gowtham Menon Filmmaker Gowtham Menon boasts about having final drafts of 120 film scripts. As a matter of fact, the moviemaker holds special mention for his ability of simultaneously working on many projects. [/tscii:86771c0c35]

Appu s
4th January 2010, 01:04 PM
[tscii:566b5bbe4b]Gowtham Menon Filmmaker Gowtham Menon boasts about having final drafts of 120 film scripts. As a matter of fact, the moviemaker holds special mention for his ability of simultaneously working on many projects. [/tscii:566b5bbe4b]

A.R. Rahman in all his upcoming projects.

:P

SoftSword
4th January 2010, 01:05 PM
There were news that the audio launch in chennai would happen on Jan 2nd...

did it happen by any chance???

Appu s
4th January 2010, 01:07 PM

Thambi oorukku puthusaa :lol2:, nee oruthan kaduppethittu :twisted:, republic day-nnu pesikkuranga :cry:

SoftSword
4th January 2010, 01:12 PM

Thambi oorukku puthusaa :lol2:, nee oruthan kaduppethittu :twisted:, republic day-nnu pesikkuranga :cry:

ei adhellaam summaa paa...
when they plan to release the movie on 12th feb, surely they would release the album a month before... ARR always needs this time and gowtham would also...

so at any cost i would come before 10th...

aama... ivlo periya hub.... fans.. mods... irundhum.... yaarukkum oru ARR sammandha patta eli, poonai, erumbu kooda contacts ilalya... oru info koodava therinjukka mudiyadhu... hmmm :twisted:

Appu s
4th January 2010, 01:20 PM
Kadaisiya Veli vantha Seithi, January 12th.

mikesasi
4th January 2010, 01:47 PM
saw some posting in arr orkut, stating other 2 songs of VTV also leaked.. mannipaaya & omane penne... is that true? plz confirm...
omg...

sathya_1979
4th January 2010, 02:01 PM
GVM should be renamed GLM (Gowtham Lusudev Menon) :twisted:

SoftSword
4th January 2010, 05:09 PM
CONFIRMED: CDs on store from 12th Jan...

//ARR site

:( :cry2:

jaaze
4th January 2010, 05:45 PM
CONFIRMED: CDs on store from 12th Jan...

//ARR site

:( :cry2:thalaivar bday ku vantha nalla irunthirukkum :|

sathya_1979
4th January 2010, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the good new SS - Better late than later :D

A.ANAND
4th January 2010, 06:02 PM
Sony and Rahman- A great Combo

By Moviebuzz | Monday, 04 January , 2010, 09:27

Sony Music has bagged the music rights of A R Rahman's next two big project in South India- Gautham Menon抯 Vinnai Thaandi Varuvaaya (VTV) in Tamil and Telugu and SJ Surya抯 Puli with Pawan Kalyan and Nikisha Patel in Telugu.

Widening its regional portfolio, Sony would also release the music of Rajnikanth starrer Sivaji ?The Boss in Hindi.

Divulging the marketing plans for the project, Sony Music Southern Repertoire head Ashok Parwani says: "We intend to make Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya a crossover album as we believe A R Rahman as a brand and this music has the power to transcend language and regional barriers. We will service the song videos to all leading music channels ?Tamil and National as AR Rahman has a universal reach?

Remember the music of VTV was previewed at the Bafta Awards with much fanfare.

Added Parwani: ?Apart from servicing of songs on the radio and the web, we have a lot of on-ground and retail level innovations planned out in the form of road shows, special contests with instant gratifications, meet and greet with the cast and crew. On the digital and mobile front, we have a lot of innovations planned including the iPhone application ?which will be a global first for Sony Music India."

The views expressed in the article are the author's and not of Sify.com.

SoftSword
4th January 2010, 06:03 PM
i am on a trip on 8,9 & 10...
and i need it so badly....... :cry3:

A.ANAND
4th January 2010, 06:11 PM

SS,oru 2 week engga ooru langkawi vanthu ponnga,ellam sari aagidum! :lol:

jaaze
4th January 2010, 06:13 PM
i might be coming over to KL soon :froggrin:

A.ANAND
4th January 2010, 06:15 PM
i might be coming over to KL soon :froggrin:

vaangga..vaanga! :D

A.ANAND
4th January 2010, 06:17 PM
[tscii:6e7fbe3e1a]¡ïAJITH SIR CONFIRMS AR RAHMAN FOR HIS 50TH FILM¡ï

AJITH HAS CONFIRMED THAT AR RAHMAN WILL BE SCORING MUSIC FOR HIS NEXT UPCOMING MOVIE.

IT IS EXPECTED TO BE A DIWALI 2010 RELEASE

from thala thagaval mayyam![/tscii:6e7fbe3e1a]

SoftSword
4th January 2010, 06:24 PM
[tscii:375c74921a]¡ïAJITH SIR CONFIRMS AR RAHMAN FOR HIS 50TH FILM¡ï

AJITH HAS CONFIRMED THAT AR RAHMAN WILL BE SCORING MUSIC FOR HIS NEXT UPCOMING MOVIE.

IT IS EXPECTED TO BE A DIWALI 2010 RELEASE

from thala thagaval mayyam![/tscii:375c74921a]

i doubt on this news...

ippo irukkuranilaimaikku aduttha 10 masatthukkulla oru pudhu padam start panni thalaivar music panni kudutthu, adhu diwaliku release aagaradhu ellam chance'e illa...
unless its rahmans close director...

SoftSword
4th January 2010, 06:27 PM

SS,oru 2 week engga ooru langkawi vanthu ponnga,ellam sari aagidum! :lol:

Thanks anand...
its a gettogether kinda trip with my close friends...
van'la pattu pottu pattaya kelappidalamnu nenachaen...
:(

vadi proposes; ARR disposes.

A.ANAND
4th January 2010, 08:20 PM
breaking news on VTV audio release

CDs of VTV will be in stores from the 12th of January (in India)

CDs of Couples Retreat will be in stores from today, the 4th, in India

source:gopal srinivasan ,arr,yg!

shocker
5th January 2010, 05:05 AM
This news has already been broken ;)

Yathu
5th January 2010, 05:14 AM
Looks like GVM had a plan all along. He wanted to release the audio EXACTLY one month before the film comes out on Feb 12th. The man is a genius. :|

A.ANAND
5th January 2010, 08:15 AM
VTV audio launch is going to happen on 12th jan at sathyam cinemas.... evening 6 30 pm

source:arrayg

Ramakrishna
5th January 2010, 08:31 AM
special invitation only?

A.ANAND
5th January 2010, 09:12 AM
special invitation only?

function-nukku neenga poringala rama? :D

jaaze
5th January 2010, 09:52 AM
This news has already been broken ;) :lol:

SoftSword
5th January 2010, 12:25 PM
VTV audio launch is going to happen on 12th jan at sathyam cinemas.... evening 6 30 pm

source:arrayg

appadina 12th kooda namma kaikku audio kedaikkadhu... :evil:

A.ANAND
5th January 2010, 07:20 PM
[tscii:8a15e44c22]¡®VTV¡¯ songs from Jan 12
IndiaGlitz [Tuesday, January 05, 2010]

For Rahman fans, this year¡¯s Pongal celebrations would start from January 12 itself. The reason is- audio CDs and cassettes of ¡®Vinnaithandi Varuvaya¡¯, the music composer¡¯s first Tamil venture after winning the Oscars, will be available in stores from coming Tuesday.

The music album of the Silambarasan-Trisha starrer, directed by Goutham Vasudev Menon, was released in London recently. The function was attended by top musicians in the United Kingdom, besides select guests from Chennai.

¡®VTV¡¯ is the first film for Goutham and Rahman to work together. ¡°I am happy that Rahman¡¯s first film after the Oscar honour is directed by me. His music is one of the major highlights of the movie,¡± says the filmmaker.

Heaping praises on Rahman, the movie¡¯s heroine Trisha says, ¡°I am a great fan of Rahman since my school days. I was literally flying when I was told that he would compose music for ¡®VTV¡¯. I had the opportunity to interact with him. He was so simple and humble.¡±

[/tscii:8a15e44c22]

littlemaster1982
5th January 2010, 11:53 PM
[html:1112fff24c]http://images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OgAAAIXoI9LVoPPiM877N8KEcffQcBKC-r921hBEJYi7omedp5eMOLtky_S238b_imkQp79ct9llPO6PsNf N3NpfEFcAm1T1UItWXPBhRkcgpp5W2jxMqD_eSrge.jpg[/html:1112fff24c]

shocker
6th January 2010, 01:05 AM
Link please.

littlemaster1982
6th January 2010, 01:13 AM
Check ARR's homepage.

Ramakrishna
6th January 2010, 02:00 AM
special invitation only?

function-nukku neenga poringala rama? :D

therliye

Babu606
6th January 2010, 12:38 PM
Any one noticed that arrahman.com has changed preview soundtracks. the new selection is really amazing including the end credits of Dil Se, Passage and etc.. one of my favourite BGM's.

A.ANAND
6th January 2010, 07:13 PM
chennai-la audio lunch pangsan irukka??
entha news kaanum! :roll:

ajaybaskar
6th January 2010, 09:22 PM
Yes. There is an audio launch on 12th at Sathyam Cinemas. Time is 6.30 pm

littlemaster1982
6th January 2010, 09:38 PM
Any idea about invitation/passes :?

ajaybaskar
7th January 2010, 01:45 PM
Will check and let u know...

littlemaster1982
7th January 2010, 01:51 PM
:ty:

sabari_in
7th January 2010, 02:12 PM
BEhindwoods.com says VTV songs available online.? Is that true

ajaybaskar
7th January 2010, 02:25 PM
read the article fully....

A.ANAND
7th January 2010, 03:16 PM
[tscii:f5ba5fa957]VTV AUDIO AVAILABLE ONLINE

January 07, 2010

Home > More news

Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya’s audio was launched amidst much fanfare in London, last month. It is the first Tamil film for which AR Rahman had scored music after winning the coveted Oscar award. VTV audio rights have been lapped up by Sony Music India. The film stars Silambarasan and Trisha and has been directed by Gautham Menon. VTV is expected to hit the screens in February and the music will be available from January onwards.

According to the press release, “The music of VTV will be released physically on CDs & Cassettes across the world and via Amazon online retail store. Digitally VTV music will be available on iTunes, Nokia Store, and iPhone application on the first week of January. Dot Com Infoway (DCI ) has also made sure to restrict unauthorized sharing of the content through this unique application. A user who downloads the songs on his iPhone or iPod will not be able transfer it to any other unauthorized device.”

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/jan-10-01/vinnaithandi-varuvaya-ar-rahman-gautham-menon-07-01-10.html
[/tscii:f5ba5fa957]

A.ANAND
7th January 2010, 05:39 PM
Rahman's Tamil album gets global premiere
January 07, 2010 14:15 IST

foray into the Tamil movie industry kicked off in style with the announcement of the world premiere of A R Rahman's [ Images ] Tamil album, Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa (VTV).

Interestingly, this is the first Tamil album from Rahman after his double Academy Award win and just before the Grammy [ Images ] Awards scheduled for February12.

VTV directed by Gowtham Menon stars Silambarasan (Simbhu) and Trisha Krishnan [ Images ] in the lead roles. The songs of Menon's last film Vaaranam Aayiram composed by Harris Jayaraj were also released by Sony Music. The album was a critical and commercial blockbuster.

Coming back to Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya, a sneak preview of its music was held in London [ Images ] on December 19. The entire cast and crew including Rahman, Gautham Menon, Simbhu, Trisha and all the singers were present.

"London was a great experience. We had a live unplugged performance of all the songs by the singers who have sung in the album. The audience, mostly English, loved the music. Everybody felt it sounded very international which was hardly surprising considering the music is by Rahman. The intention was to reach out to an international audience but we achieved more than that. We plan to do a road show with all the singers now. This show was a first of it's kind. Now the expectation about the film is tremendous and the pressure is on me," says Gautham Menon.

VTV's music CDs and cassettes will be released across the world via Amazon's online retail store. The music will also be available digitally on iTunes, Nokia Store, and iPhone application.

This unique activity for VTV will be executed through an iPhone music application (app) which will allow the users to stream and listen to the full-length songs from the film, download the songs, wallpapers and other movie related information.

This initiative is a first for an iPhone application that is entirely based on movie OST by Sony Music. It is the result of the joint efforts by Sony Music Entertainment India and Dot Com Infoway (DCI) Mobile Studios, a Chennai based Software and Mobile applications developer.

The service will be available to any registered user of iPhone apps across the world. A user will be charged $1.99 for downloading the application facilitating unlimited streaming of the songs from the album and $2.99 to download the whole album.

Dot Com Infoway (DCI) has also made sure to restrict unauthorized sharing of the content through this unique application. A user who downloads the songs on his iPhone or iPod will not be able transfer it to any other unauthorized device.

Shridhar Subramaniam, Managing Director, Sony Music India, says, "Sony Music has always been at the forefront of redefining music marketing. This initiative, which is a first in India, will enable a savvy generation of smart phone users to access streamed audio feeds over an active data connection. Our efforts have always been to make the music reach its audience as, when and how they would want to enjoy it. We are quite certain that Rahman's fans and lovers of his music will enjoy his genius through this application".

http://movies.rediff.com/report/2010/jan/07/a-r-rahmans-tamil-album-gets-world-premiere.htm

dinesh2002
8th January 2010, 10:46 AM

They meant that the audio will be released as mp3, legally. the Article by Anand above explains clearly about it.

A.ANAND
8th January 2010, 11:16 AM

They meant that the audio will be released as mp3, legally. the Article by Anand above explains clearly about it.

kekka romba nalla irukku!aaga! :lol:

ajaybaskar
8th January 2010, 11:45 AM
4 more nights to go....

(This was the ad in today's papers)

A.ANAND
8th January 2010, 11:58 AM
http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Repository/getimage.dll?path=TOICH/2010/01/08/30/Img/Ad0300601.png

jaaze
8th January 2010, 12:25 PM
http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Repository/getimage.dll?path=TOICH/2010/01/08/30/Img/Ad0300601.png:thumbsup:

dinesh2002
8th January 2010, 03:21 PM
http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Repository/getimage.dll?path=TOICH/2010/01/08/30/Img/Ad0300601.png

They r hyping on it allot .... Posters even for reminding how many nights away. Impressive !

A.ANAND
8th January 2010, 04:40 PM

They r hyping on it allot .... Posters even for reminding how many nights away. Impressive !

sarakku illama yaarum hype panna mattanga illaya?? :D

Guess_Me
9th January 2010, 07:46 AM
All song previews

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00334O3CG/ref=dm_sp_alb?ie=UTF8&qid=1262995493&sr=8-35

A.ANAND
9th January 2010, 09:13 AM
All song previews

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00334O3CG/ref=dm_sp_alb?ie=UTF8&qid=1262995493&sr=8-35

thank u GM sir! :D woooooooow!cooool! :2thumbsup: :cool2:

can't wait..... :happydance: :cheer: :cheer: :happydance: :bluejump: :redjump: :boo:

A.ANAND
9th January 2010, 09:37 AM
I've made reference to this before, but a very special album by ARR is about to be unveiled and this is a very exciting time. The positive vibes I'm getting are extremely, extremely strong. Got a feeling ARR really put his heart and soul into this one and it's going to show, big time. If Hosana is anything to go by, expect showers of praises from all over India and all over the world, not just down South. Show off this landmark album to your non ARR friends, and this album, if it's as good as I'm predicting it to be, will need to be recognized by those in the West too.....possibly being Grammy worthy. VTV will surely find a cozy place amongst the greats like KK, AP, KKS, KM, Iruvar, Thiruda, Bombay, Roja.

Enjoy the coming days, fellow ARR fans. I am predicting that there won't be a single person from this group who will express disappointment when this album comes out. Again, I could be wrong, but just my prediction. The same thing happened with D6....everyone, and I mean everyone here was all praise.

With VTV, I predict that ARR will take other composers in India to school. Watch and wait.

comment from arr fans of yahoo.groups

A.ANAND
9th January 2010, 09:57 AM
[tscii:3e91a562ef]Vinnaithandi Varuvaya songs to be in music stores

- Richard Mahesh, Sampurn Media

At last there is good news for Tamil music lovers. Post Sakkarakatti, there hasn¡¯t been any Tamil releases from A R Rahman as he got occupied with more Hollywood and Bollywood projects.

A R Rahman has scored music in Vinnaithandi Varuvaaya whose music album will be available in the market stores from 12 January, 2010.

Although the film¡¯s audio was launched in London, however, the filmmaker Gowtham Menon had planned to host a special audio launch for cennaites on January 12. But now we hear that the songs of Vinnaithandi Varuvaaya would be directly hitting audio stores on the occasion of Pongal.

Thamarai has penned lyrics for all the seven tracks while Kaithapram and Kalyani Menon have taken care of Malayalam lines in ¡®Omana Penne¡¯ and ¡®Aaoromale¡¯. A R Rahman himself has crooned the song ¡®Mannipaaya¡¯ (which means¨C will you forgive me?) along with Shreya Ghosal.

http://www.planetradiocity.com/musicreporter/news.php?newscatid=1&newsid=1853

so no audio lunch function!??

[/tscii:3e91a562ef]

sathya_1979
9th January 2010, 10:59 AM
All song previews

thank u GM sir! :D woooooooow!cooool! :2thumbsup: :cool2:

can't wait..... :happydance: :cheer: :cheer: :happydance: :bluejump: :redjump: :boo:
I need a time machine now :cry:

MADDY
9th January 2010, 01:39 PM
:shock: adhu amazon samples illapa, amazing samples

wow, are we scratching the surface of a "all time classic"?

Scale
9th January 2010, 02:01 PM
VV is by A R Rahman (Various?) :hammer: @amazon

"Will you cross the skies for me" amazonla potta translate pannanuma :banghead:

arsaregama
9th January 2010, 02:03 PM
arr songs amazing at first hearing..VTV rocks....worth the hype....the king is back :) rahman's song,omana penne ,hosana and the vtv theme song are runaway hits for sure....

arsaregama
9th January 2010, 03:29 PM
Three of the songs were presented to the audience there and I loved Hosanna the most. You might have to wait a while before you hear the songs though. The song to look out for in the album is this one sung by Mr Alphonse, a music director in Kerala, for whom I have also sung. He has sung this song called Aaromale magnificently. There is this song, Mannippaya with Shreya Ghoshal and Rahman sir. Deadly lyrics by Thamarai. I have always loved her writing, but I loved this song the most for the lyrics. There is Kannukkul Kannai from Naresh in his usual best. Devan and I have sung Anbil Avan. Omana Penne has Benny singing it and this song hooks on to you. Karthik has sung the title track of Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya and this song and Mannippaaya are Devan's favorites in the album.

http://chinmayisripada.blogspot.com

MADDY
9th January 2010, 03:46 PM
Aaromale is a "must" entry for any Tarantino movie 8-) .......imagine this song in Kill bill or pulp fiction :D

Yathu
9th January 2010, 04:00 PM
Well Hosanna has definitely got bits added to it! :D So I guess that wasn't the final version!

Other songs, these 30 sec samples aren't enough to comment.

Look at the length of Mannipaya 6 mins 56 secs. Its a beast!

Bring on Jan 12th already!!

Yathu
9th January 2010, 04:45 PM
I've made reference to this before, but a very special album by ARR is about to be unveiled and this is a very exciting time. The positive vibes I'm getting are extremely, extremely strong. Got a feeling ARR really put his heart and soul into this one and it's going to show, big time. If Hosana is anything to go by, expect showers of praises from all over India and all over the world, not just down South. Show off this landmark album to your non ARR friends, and this album, if it's as good as I'm predicting it to be, will need to be recognized by those in the West too.....possibly being Grammy worthy. VTV will surely find a cozy place amongst the greats like KK, AP, KKS, KM, Iruvar, Thiruda, Bombay, Roja.

Enjoy the coming days, fellow ARR fans. I am predicting that there won't be a single person from this group who will express disappointment when this album comes out. Again, I could be wrong, but just my prediction. The same thing happened with D6....everyone, and I mean everyone here was all praise.

With VTV, I predict that ARR will take other composers in India to school. Watch and wait.

comment from arr fans of yahoo.groups

Who is this fortune teller? This could easily apply to every ARR album pre-release!

baba88
9th January 2010, 08:50 PM
wow mannipaya...... no words to describe.
I think this album will be loved by youth and adults.
I always wanted that ARR composes again a song like Kannathil Muthamithal it was loved by everyone. It's the case with Mannipaya.

A.ANAND
9th January 2010, 09:16 PM
[tscii:6f5a69e3e5]Vinnai Thandi Varuvaaya audio creates history!
View as Slide Show | View Thumbnails Share | Rate More

Maestro AR Rahman and Gautham Vasudeva Menon have created audio history as there has been a terrific advance booking for theirVinnai Thandi Varuvaaya (VTV) audio!
A spokesperson of Sony Music said: "For the first time ever even before the release of the album, Amazon.com has overwhelming pre-release response for CD orders of VTV audio. The CD has already been marked as number 1 in the category of 'Music > World Music > FarEast & Asia.' It clearly means before the release it is already the top seller in Far East and Asia category. No other product has got such a response on Amazon."

VTV is ARR's first composition after the success of Oscar Winning Slumdog Millionaire. The album features singers Karthik, Naresh Iyer, Benny Dayal, , Blaaze, Devan Ekambaram,Vijayprakash, Shreya Ghoshal, Chinmayi, Suzaane, Alphonse, Kalyani Menon and Rahman himself. The album's lyrics have been penned by Thamarai. The album has six songs in Tamil, one in Malayalam and a theme track by the academy award winner himself.

Meanwhile the first ever rocking song from VTV, Hosanna… sung by Blaaze, Vijayaprakash and Suzaane will debut on all FM stations in Tamil Nadu today (January 9). On Tuesday (January 12), AR Rahman, Gautham Vasudeva Menon and Sony Music will officially launch the soundtrack

http://sify.com/movies/Vinnai-Thandi-Varuvaaya-audio-creates-history-imagegallery-kollywood-kbjmXAjfdfd.html

[/tscii:6f5a69e3e5]

svaisn
9th January 2010, 09:39 PM
I searcged in Amazon... but culdnt find it
can anyone give the link..
I would like to place an order whenever they open up....

Benny Lava
9th January 2010, 10:45 PM
Of the tracks, two things excite me the most..

1 song sung exclusively by Karthik (and seemingly very simple and melodious :thumbsup: )

1 song by thalaivar and its length... Deftly special :cool:

viraajan
9th January 2010, 11:00 PM
Shreya Ghosal in mannippaya :redjump: Voila!

Karthik's title track sounds great!

littlemaster1982
10th January 2010, 04:12 AM

http://www.amazon.com/Cross-Skies-Vinnaithaandi-Varuvaaya-Rahman/dp/B0031SIIUC/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1263076900&sr=1-8

svaisn
10th January 2010, 04:27 AM

http://www.amazon.com/Cross-Skies-Vinnaithaandi-Varuvaaya-Rahman/dp/B0031SIIUC/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1263076900&sr=1-8
Thank You

Yathu
10th January 2010, 05:25 AM
It's available on amazon.co.uk too.

littlemaster1982
10th January 2010, 07:56 AM
[html:dd09063290]http://images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OgAAAPIOj19U9qTehX629iGqVWvQX4bl_ksaFMOlv_CryKVQ89 ASSpvB3tnp7Tzgp62WdE8Gh2x1r9-zVCtkWednWvEAm1T1UDMwt2ac6klN7fnoA2VA0z8JvFWC.jpg[/html:dd09063290]

jaaze
10th January 2010, 08:30 AM
In which part of the world did the album already release? :confused2:

satissh_r
10th January 2010, 08:34 AM
In which part of the world did the album already release? :confused2: It is already available on some websites guys. :roll: I'll have to download and listen till I get my CD

satissh_r
10th January 2010, 08:41 AM
Omane Penne - Amazing is the word :musicsmile: :redjump: :notworthy:

Vaz
10th January 2010, 08:42 AM
Some websites have already posted the songs online.....

The way they have handled the release strategy of this album has had its effects...

MADDY
10th January 2010, 08:43 AM
full versions of all Mp3s are available

jaaze
10th January 2010, 08:45 AM
yes, i was wondering how they have got their hands onto them :roll:

MADDY
10th January 2010, 08:46 AM
Some websites have already posted the songs online.....

The way they have handled the release strategy of this album has had its effects...

yes, nobody is learning from all these :x

MADDY
10th January 2010, 08:49 AM
all 320kbps vera - ayyo aandava :cry:

jaaze
10th January 2010, 08:53 AM
hacked from amazon? :?

littlemaster1982
10th January 2010, 09:08 AM
Maddy,

It's nothing suprising. Enna munna ellam CDs stores-kku vandha 3 hours-la upload pannuvanga. Ippa konjam advanced :sigh2:

MADDY
10th January 2010, 09:11 AM

from rahman's studios to CD company - it passes through so many stages/vendors/people......as rajini said, they have to deconstruct the precise stage where it all leaks and rectify the problem......but i suspect there is lot of sleaze, double game going on

btw, Anbil avan is a conglomeration of various genres......first interlude la oru gospel bit irukku paarunga :bow: those who made a career out of gospel music must learn on its best usage - and that fusion with thavil, nadhas, "aanadam aanandam aanandame" :cry2: ........its basically fusion of hindu marriage music and gospel music which is the story i believe :D .....

there is a disco feel to the song as well, seriously multi-layered.........it also strangely reminds me of "raajavin paarvayil" from anbe vaa (not for its tune) but the "fairy" feel and lyrics........if only MGR had been in era of GVM-ARR :cry3:

littlemaster1982
10th January 2010, 09:24 AM
Already got hooked to the songs :musicsmile:

sathya_1979
10th January 2010, 09:49 AM
Anaivarum mannikanum. Couldn't resist the temptation! So downloaded. Like all true fans of ARR, will buy the CD once it is released (Similar situation during Blue, was in UK last year, so could nt buy and hence downloaded. Later bought the CD :D)

Mahen
10th January 2010, 10:21 AM

from rahman's studios to CD company - it passes through so many stages/vendors/people......as rajini said, they have to deconstruct the precise stage where it all leaks and rectify the problem......but i suspect there is lot of sleaze, double game going on

btw, Anbil avan is a conglomeration of various genres......first interlude la oru gospel bit irukku paarunga :bow: those who made a career out of gospel music must learn on its best usage - and that fusion with thavil, nadhas, "aanadam aanandam aanandame" :cry2: ........its basically fusion of hindu marriage music and gospel music which is the story i believe :D .....

there is a disco feel to the song as well, seriously multi-layered.........it also strangely reminds me of "raajavin paarvayil" from anbe vaa (not for its tune) but the "fairy" feel and lyrics........if only MGR had been in era of GVM-ARR :cry3:

Overall, whats your verdict? :)

MADDY
10th January 2010, 10:23 AM
Sathya :thumbsup: musical rain since morning :lol:

really feel fortunate to listen to omana penne and hosanna in home theater system in dolby mode.......multiple rythms with different notes trying to fight for track space :bow: ........there is so much inserted to the songs and can feel the amount of work into the composition....... let me tell u - this is a new sound emerging from Rahman that is close to yuvan style which means thalaivar is ready for T20 genre of music too :smokesmirk:

chord progression of omana penne is a bit disappointing - maybe its not straightfwd for me......hosanna is true delight 8-)

sathya_1979
10th January 2010, 10:39 AM
Naan ennoda laptopla dhaan kettutrukken. Idhuve oru bliss. Waiting for the CD, to listen in my Home Theatre :D

MADDY
10th January 2010, 10:40 AM
Naan ennoda laptopla dhaan kettutrukken. Idhuve oru bliss. Waiting for the CD, to listen in my Home Theatre :D

thankfully i have a USB drive in my home theater :D .......i thank GOd for giving me all these facilities :lol:

sathya_1979
10th January 2010, 10:40 AM
let me tell u - this is a new sound emerging from Rahman that is close to yuvan style which means thalaivar is ready for T20 genre of music too :smokesmirk:
I feel it's the other way round! Thalaivar is creating new genre :D

sathya_1979
10th January 2010, 10:41 AM

thankfully i have a USB drive in my home theater :D .......i thank GOd for giving me all these facilities :lol:
My 10 month old son is already in love with Hosana 8-)

Guess_Me
10th January 2010, 10:59 AM
I hope industry will learn a lesson out of this - never test the patience of fans who are willing to spend money on their idols.

sathya_1979
10th January 2010, 11:05 AM
Forget the genre, tecnicality, layer etc! The feel and soul that I get in listening to Thalaivar's songs, vera endha paattu kettaalum varala.

thineshan54321
10th January 2010, 11:08 AM
oh man AMAZING SONGS!!!!

MADDY
10th January 2010, 11:18 AM
let me tell u - this is a new sound emerging from Rahman that is close to yuvan style which means thalaivar is ready for T20 genre of music too :smokesmirk:
I feel it's the other way round! Thalaivar is creating new genre :D

ofcourse, thalaivar himself is a genre, i just felt he is making slight modifications to suit current generation........indha manashunukku azhive illa - he is ready to change :thumbsup:

Forget the genre, tecnicality, layer etc! The feel and soul that I get in listening to Thalaivar's songs, vera endha paattu kettaalum varala.

:exactly: adhu dhaan basic and primary reason.....there can be great components in a song but we have to like it.....this liking factor is something related to "sub-conscious" and cannot be comprehended :D

music man
10th January 2010, 11:26 AM
Hosannaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!! Wow!!!!!!:redjump: :bluejump: :victory:

Sorry thalaivaaa!!!!! Porumai illaaama download panniten!!!

Ommana Penne :confused2:

Babu606
10th January 2010, 11:37 AM
Oh guys, so you all got full version songs huh!. i m not luvcky, i can't find any links online. can anyone help me by sending a link in pm?

viraajan
10th January 2010, 11:41 AM
Got the songs! :cool:

Will buy the CD anyway! :cool2:

Dragun
10th January 2010, 12:19 PM
Also downloaded the full songs, but will definitely buy the CD, as always. What a brilliant soundtrack! It has a real fresh feel, and I particularly love the use of electric violin, nadaswaram, church organ, and choir.

ARR: Vinnaithaandi isai kondu vanthaaru :D

MADDY
10th January 2010, 12:26 PM
Also downloaded the full songs, but will definitely buy the CD, as always. What a brilliant soundtrack! It has a real fresh feel, and I particularly love the use of electric violin, nadaswaram, church organ, and choir.

ARR: Vinnaithaandi isai kondu vanthaaru :D

ur prediction is right - rahman has chiseled gospel genre to his way :bow:

viraajan
10th January 2010, 12:57 PM
:shock: "Anbilar ellam thamakkuriyar" thirukkural has been used in Mannippaya song! :shock:

Shreya Ghosal - divine voice :bow: innoruthi porandhu varanum.

viraajan
10th January 2010, 01:00 PM
Aah... There's one more kural.... "Anbirkkum undO adaikkumthaaZ"

Mahen
10th January 2010, 01:24 PM
Brilliant album :notworthy: :thumbsup: MY favs MAnipaya,Hosana,Anbil Avan,Omana penne and VTV...Aromale enaku pidikile :oops: The songs will be definitely fit the story and visuals perfectly...

Sid_316
10th January 2010, 01:27 PM
VTV,MAnipaaya,Hosana and omana penne r nice :thumbsup: :musicsmile:

Appu s
10th January 2010, 01:30 PM
:shock: :shock: :oops:

mahen01
10th January 2010, 02:11 PM
can anyone post links pls

sathya_1979
10th January 2010, 02:23 PM
indha manashunukku azhive illa - he is ready to change :thumbsup:

The Complete Man - Raymonds. The Complete Musician - ARR :D :notworthy: :thumbsup: :redjump: :cry2: :musicsmile: :smokesmirk: :swinghead: :victory: :shoot: :2thumbsup:

sathya_1979
10th January 2010, 02:24 PM
I should say Magician :D

viraajan
10th January 2010, 02:36 PM
Aaromale sounds mysterious. especially the singing.

Mahen
10th January 2010, 03:31 PM
Anbil avan makes me wana dance with someone i love :cheer: :cheer: :swinghead:

mahen01
10th January 2010, 03:34 PM
Beautiful songs. Will buy the album when they are out. A complete album like this is worth every penny. Hope ARR gives more Tamil movies this year. Last year was a disappointment.

sathya_1979
10th January 2010, 03:49 PM
Anbil avan makes me wana dance with someone i love :cheer: :cheer: :swinghead:

Ejjatly! The brilliant usage of "Anandam Anandam Anandame (Marriage Song)" in the nadaswaram is mind, body, soul blowing :D
Epdinga ivaraala mattum ipdi mudiyudhu?

mahen01
10th January 2010, 03:49 PM
I strongly feel If ARR lend his voice for Omana penne it would ve been even been a out of the world song.

sathya_1979
10th January 2010, 04:02 PM
Kandippaa indha songs fullaa rasikkanumnaa namakku rendu kaadhu pathaadhu :D Need more enhancements!
Kaana kann kodi vendum apdinnu solramaadhiri, kaettu rasikka sevi kodi vendum!

satissh_r
10th January 2010, 04:17 PM
Now i'm gonna have a tough choice selecting my caller tune between Hosana and Omane penne :confused2:

Yathu
10th January 2010, 04:18 PM
Aaaaaaargh!!!!! I can't listen to it yet! I have to head in to bloody uni to do bloody coursework. AAAARGH!!

Have to wait till tonight. :(

Sometimes you just have to be a pirate! Sorry ARR, I will be buying original when it comes out. I PROMISE.

sathya_1979
10th January 2010, 04:21 PM
Yathu, dnt worry, Inga neraya peru apdidhaan :D We all know that we will be buying the original. Go ahead and enjoy!

interz
10th January 2010, 05:09 PM
Listened to Vinnai Thaandi Varuyaava songs on Youtube. (typed Vinnai thaandi Varuvaaya , and chose upload date on search options)

On first hearing I liked:

Anbil Avan
Hosanna
Omana Penne
Kannukkul Kannai.

Very good songs.

Rahman lives up to the expectations, and he will be under huge pressure every time he compose new songs after winning 2 Oscars last year.

shocker
10th January 2010, 05:22 PM
Amazon link?

shocker
10th January 2010, 05:55 PM
....... let me tell u - this is a new sound emerging from Rahman that is close to yuvan style...

Rahman going after Yuvan's style. :shock: :? :) :o :D :lol: :wink:
More like the complete opposite.

baba88
10th January 2010, 06:04 PM
hmmm... I think Amazon shipped the CDs yesterday that's why the album is out. If you look at Amazon they say that the release date is the 8th of Jan 2010.

mahen01
10th January 2010, 06:30 PM
Yuwan have to learn a lot from Rahman. Yuwan is trying lots of new techniques no doubt... but Its a bit too loud... and too much rap..

Only problem is we dont get much Rahman movies in Tamil. The ones we get usually out of the world albums...

mahen01
10th January 2010, 06:31 PM
anyway dont bring yuwan here.. just discuss about VTV songs

seevaa
10th January 2010, 06:32 PM
HI FRIENDS,

i expected more than this. i didnt mean that the album is average, but it didnt live upto the expectation. did u all feel 100% satisfied. i m not.

littlemaster1982
10th January 2010, 06:41 PM
Seevaa.

Usual replydhaan. Give it some more time/listens :)

dinesh2002
10th January 2010, 07:04 PM
HI FRIENDS,

i expected more than this. i didnt mean that the album is average, but it didnt live upto the expectation. did u all feel 100% satisfied. i m not.

Its not satisfactory to many because it has many international influence on the album. For instance Aaromale and Karthik's VTV tittle song is a genre from the west. Correct me if im wrong. Too much of international stuffs inside VTV.

I was not at all satisfy with the album as well. For me too, it did no live to its expectation.

july
10th January 2010, 07:33 PM
Good music, but not a good songs.... :roll:
Gautham should stick with harris.... :(
HIT gone MISS :roll:

sathya_1979
10th January 2010, 07:49 PM
Who cares abt the movie (At least I dnt)? I care only abt thalaivar's music. For me its more than 100% satisfactory :D

music man
10th January 2010, 08:03 PM
According to me, this album is too good....HJ still produces the old 1996 ARR music...(ofcourse that was catchy)...This album falls in the class of Parthale Paravasam...too much class but not too catchy....

1)Aaromale-very western like Sting/Aerosmith style interpersed with our style...

2) Anbil Avan-hit number...Gospel music fused with disco trance..

3) Hosanna-Hit song..instantly likeable..

4) Kannukul Kannai-Very western..Yuvan has done more songs in this style..Commendable strings section..

5) Mannipaaya-Very Nice melody...but again western style...Has a Delhi6/RDB feel to it..

6)Ommana Penne- Good number...

7) VTV song-too much class...Blues styled number..
All the songs will fit in a movie...But too much western style...

Out of the world music anyways...

Not 100% satisfied...But that is a common factor in ARR albums rite???

dinesh2002
10th January 2010, 08:25 PM
Guess the international flavor is because half of the movie was taken in USA isnt it? Guess it was composed with the movie's theme in mind. THe movie should help out allot.

shocker
10th January 2010, 08:31 PM
Who cares abt the movie (At least I dnt)? I care only abt thalaivar's music. For me its more than 100% satisfactory :D

^This

Everyone saying they are not 100% satisfied, this is just psychological. The amount of hype created has just messed it up for you.
Everyone saying that the album is too western, what did you expect a carnatic album??? Music is everything, west south whatever, music is anything combined to create something nice. AR has been mixing everything since he started why are you so surprised now that the songs are not just a pallavi and saranam. It is this kind of mentally that does not allow the best composers to experiment and produce ground breaking stuff - because people are not open minded and will not accept it.

I think people who are more musical minded will enjoy what this album truly has to offer.

dinesh2002
10th January 2010, 08:46 PM
shocker, u cant expect everyone to be happy with it just because u r happy with it. us being not acceptable to it doesnt make us any less musical mind. Its natural when they promoted "soulful album", ur mind immediately imagine a pucca melody album. It doesnt need to be carnatic, and it doesnt has to be too western like this as well.

The album has many genre mixtures i agree, but who r the audience? That is all matters at the end of the day.
If the audio is a hit, im more than happy for ARR, eventhough im not pleased with it.

sathya_1979
10th January 2010, 08:47 PM
Shocker, unga point ellaam sari. Edhukku ennoda post quote senju idha sonnenga? Neenga sonnadhudhaan naanum post pannirukken "For me its more than 100% satisfactory"

A.ANAND
10th January 2010, 08:48 PM
naan ippatha songs ellam kekka poren!meetham nalaikku solleren! :cheer: :happydance:

littlemaster1982
10th January 2010, 08:49 PM
Yen naalaikkudhan nalla naala :twisted: Enjoy Anand :thumbsup:

lancelot
10th January 2010, 08:57 PM
i was away the whole weekend.... :( seems like the album is out... and good reviews... someone give me the link pls? :D

shocker
10th January 2010, 09:23 PM
Shocker, unga point ellaam sari. Edhukku ennoda post quote senju idha sonnenga? Neenga sonnadhudhaan naanum post pannirukken "For me its more than 100% satisfactory"

I was agreeing with your post, I did not want to repeat your point so I simply quoted it.

sathya_1979
10th January 2010, 09:24 PM
Ok, Thanks. Let's drown in the blissful blessing of VTV AUdio :D

music man
10th January 2010, 09:25 PM

^This

Everyone saying they are not 100% satisfied, this is just psychological. The amount of hype created has just messed it up for you.
Everyone saying that the album is too western, what did you expect a carnatic album??? Music is everything, west south whatever, music is anything combined to create something nice. AR has been mixing everything since he started why are you so surprised now that the songs are not just a pallavi and saranam. It is this kind of mentally that does not allow the best composers to experiment and produce ground breaking stuff - because people are not open minded and will not accept it.

I think people who are more musical minded will enjoy what this album truly has to offer.

Shocker!!! Everyone here accept your views...except for the last sentence of yours....

VTV was the most hyped album in recent times...and ARR has given more than 100% to it..We only feel that the album is too classy and we fear that it may fail to reach all the audiences..A.R.R has been churning at some pathbreaking international sounding numbers over the past few years but I expected a melody album like Puthiya Mugam/May Madham/SOK...

Suddenly we find a refreshing album with so many international genres with too much experimentation and with too many layers....Sometimes classy albums like this doesn't reach the B and C audiences who seem to enjoy the old ARR style(HJ's present style)...

Anyways...its a great album..Repeated hearings are making these songs very addictive....

shocker
10th January 2010, 09:28 PM
shocker, u cant expect everyone to be happy with it just because u r happy with it. us being not acceptable to it doesnt make us any less musical mind. Its natural when they promoted "soulful album", ur mind immediately imagine a pucca melody album. It doesnt need to be carnatic, and it doesnt has to be too western like this as well.

The album has many genre mixtures i agree, but who r the audience? That is all matters at the end of the day.
If the audio is a hit, im more than happy for ARR, eventhough im not pleased with it.

Hi I did not really draw a link between being musically minded and accepting the album, I was trying to say that you will be able to understand and enjoy it more. Accepting the album, I meant when people say it is right or wrong, they judge it based on something like whether it is too dancey or too repetitive or too 'western' in this case.

Also, I am genuinly surprised that you don't find this album melodious. I agree as you said in your first sentence, each to their own taste, however I am sure majority will say that the melodies here are mind blowing! Every single song has some sections that take you to a higher place! What more can you ask of a composer! Usually having this sort of section in the whole album is a great success for a composer but AR has done it in nearly every song in my opinion.

shocker
10th January 2010, 09:38 PM

^This

Shocker!!! Everyone here accept your views...except for the last sentence of yours....

VTV was the most hyped album in recent times...and ARR has given more than 100% to it..We only feel that the album is too classy and we fear that it may fail to reach all the audiences..A.R.R has been churning at some pathbreaking international sounding numbers over the past few years but I expected a melody album like Puthiya Mugam/May Madham/SOK...

Suddenly we find a refreshing album with so many international genres with too much experimentation and with too many layers....Sometimes classy albums like this doesn't reach the B and C audiences who seem to enjoy the old ARR style(HJ's present style)...

Anyways...its a great album..Repeated hearings are making these songs very addictive....

Maybe I was harsh with the last sentence, but this close mindedness really annoys me. You are right, this album is very classy, however all AR albums have this sophistication, whether it be in recording technique or genre. If you want ARR's old style listen to his old albums, he is an artist do not expect his music not to progress and evolve continuously. We as the audience following his music should also evolve and expand our taste!
This album is so fresh compared to all everything else in the same market!

Also I'll take this chance to mention that the vocalists are superb!! Can you expect anything else from Karthik and Naresh!! Alphonse really surprised me, this is a song that I had to be patient with to understand, I really like it now.

MADDY
10th January 2010, 09:47 PM
i still think the melodies of the songs(main tunes) are good enough to reach people inspite of its layers......but yea, "this is not as good as VA" madhiri arguements ellam varum :(

with every international exposure, thalaivar sounds change :? we saw a world of change after bombay dreams, now this (after couple's retreat)......

shocker
10th January 2010, 10:48 PM
imo we cant compare ARR to any other composer but that is my opinion.

People complained that ARR was repetitive, now they complain his style is changing too much. I feel for you ARR!!!

Dragun
10th January 2010, 11:28 PM
I don't get the complaints about this being too Western or "classy" or whatever. This is a film about young modern urban people, and part of the film takes place in the US. In fact, there are quite a few Indian touches, like the use of nadhaswaram, mridangam, and thavil. VV has some terrific melodies and detailed orchestration.

Plus, I love the use of only singers with good Tamil pronunciation. No Udit or Madhushree anywhere near this album!

thineshan54321
10th January 2010, 11:47 PM
guys this is an unbelievable album. to he 100% honest, on my first listen i didnt like any songs except hosana but now i feel the magic. its great. there r elements in each song that u can never imagine any other composer to conceive. the shehnai influence in omana pennae is beyond anything conceivable.

shocker
11th January 2010, 12:02 AM
:)

ArulprakasH
11th January 2010, 12:22 AM
Songs are too great .. I'm enjoying it very much than any other albums of ARR... Listen the songs in earphone u'll be truly amazed about the compositions... Note the point that ARR is a globally recognised MD... He has to cater the global audience and he done it perfectly well... GM is very lucky to have ARR as his MD... Definitely this combo will rock in future too... :)

Kumarappa
11th January 2010, 01:02 AM
Ever since I heard Hosanna's ending part, I was trying so hard to get the song that was similar to that. And I got it, it's like "Dil Ka Rishta" from Yuvvraaj! Anyhow, IMO that ending part is what elevated the song.

A good, very enjoyable album, full of nice melodies! The highlights actually are Anbil avan and especially Aaromale. 8-)

shocker
11th January 2010, 04:26 AM
When can I have this album in my hands :banghead:

The naathaswaram on Omana Penne is amazing! Goosebumps at the harmonies on the chorus! Wish there was less robot effect on the voice though! The groove of this song is just wow.

ARR :victory:

Gaja
11th January 2010, 06:26 AM
ARR has created another masterpiece album & raised the bar EVEN HIGHER for any Tamil MDs to follow.. I was completely blown away with "Aaromale" after 2nd hearing.. what an amazing composition, plus with Alphons awesome voice.. no doubt he's the perfect choice for this song.. My next pick is Karthik's VTV & Hosana.. just sheer magic.. as for the rest of the songs, i'm slowly getting hooked to it :-) I just have this unanswered thought again when listening to this album "How does he create magic each time, even after 18 yrs??"
Guys please please get the original CD.. these mp3 doesn't justify the sheer quality in this magical album.. and a big thank you to Gautham to extract the best from Rahman.. this combo rocked big time :-)

thineshan54321
11th January 2010, 06:28 AM
i hear the vintage rahman with the shehnai usage. truly an amazing album.

shocker
11th January 2010, 07:11 AM
I still haven't clicked with Mannipaya. Some how this song feels unnatural and a bit forced, does anyone know what I mean?

sathya_1979
11th January 2010, 08:11 AM
<<Digression>>

I could not see the VTV thread in Tamil Films Section. Any reasons? Moved / deleted?

<<End Digression>>

Mahen
11th January 2010, 08:30 AM
<<Digression>>

I could not see the VTV thread in Tamil Films Section. Any reasons? Moved / deleted?

<<End Digression>>

ME too.. :shock:

Mahen
11th January 2010, 09:41 AM
http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2010/01/10/music-review-vinnaithaandi-varuvaayaa-tamil-a-r-rahman/

A.ANAND
11th January 2010, 09:45 AM
VTV [1 word] OUT OF THE WORLD :clap:

happy 2 see such a good review 4 vtv :D

what a fresh and most original album with international standarad from our thalaivar.all song r mind blowing :2thumbsup:

vtv truelly something new 2 tamil cinema. :yes: vazhakkamana gautham movie-la songs ellam catchy beat and rytham [gimmic]than irukkum[jigina velai :lol: ]

songs ellam vazhakama pallavi and charanam vara mathiri normal tamil song mathiri illai![athan konja perukku satisfy aagala innu nenakiren :lol: ]but a'm satisfy 200%
naan expetition pannatha vida super-ra vanthirukku songs ellam! :thumbsup:

my 1no.fav

aromale - unblievable woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow!:omg: :omg: :omg: speechless[ippadi oru song naan kettathey illa]

2030 vanthalum antha kalathukkum etta mathiri fresh-ah music podura are aalu,athu annam aalu mattumthan![imho]

overall i love this album!another masterpiece from thalaivar after dehli6!

:victory: :cool2: :omg: :clap:

Sourav
11th January 2010, 09:49 AM
<<Digression>>

<<End Digression>>
http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=2010573#2010573

A.ANAND
11th January 2010, 09:51 AM
anbil avan,omana penne intha songs eppadi sollarathu innu theriyala[solla varthai illa] tavil,nadasvaram :musicsmile: :omg: :2thumbsup: :thumbsup:

konnutha'yya intha aalu :lol:

kudos 2 thamarai lyrics :thumbsup:

MADDY
11th January 2010, 10:05 AM
http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2010/01/10/music-review-vinnaithaandi-varuvaayaa-tamil-a-r-rahman/

to Karthik, i think u have posted the review too early........u have not even heard the CD version and rahman's melodies do take time to settle down.......Anbil Avan's fusion of christian and hindu marriage sounds may seem easy but imagine the amount of subversion that should have gone in to fuse the pieces........kannukkul kannai is anything but existing sounds :D .........

anyways, i cant complain for this when i feel happy for Delhi-6 review :)

sloshed
11th January 2010, 10:09 AM
While Im fresh with songs running in my mind let me state my favorite.... While they all advertised Hossana, That song is nowhere near the audacity of Aaromale... For me that song is as good as anything we wud get to hear this year... just awesome...

Hossana takes the next place... pretty catchy tune... lyrics are soothing... probably in terms of reach this song will succeed

Naresh's energetic Kannukulle..is saved by its singer...The song has a catchy start and fantastic strings.. but fails to sustain momentum..still i like this song..
Omane penne is is plain slow and tedius list bordering on boredom for most of its playtime.. perhaps GM visuals could save this song...

Anbil Avan is a mixed bag...the problem is i wouldnt have been suprised if they told me this was not from ARR-GM combo..

And finally to my biggest disappointment,Mannipaaya. Right from his humming in Roja, I have imbibed whatever ARR song.. I just love his voice.. This is one song I played 3 times over trying to like it... Somehow I couldnt.. as somebody pointed out looked very forced..

Its easy to make a 90 deg turn in a bicycle... but an aeroplane ?? Change is good...not that we dont welcome it.. TFM is already bereft of his music...make ur changes slow ARR... just a request..

In terms of mass reach all over TN .. I dont see how its going to happen..I loved aaromale.. maybe the hope rests on Hossanna

Amen!

Scale
11th January 2010, 10:59 AM
[tscii:5ba18653da]Omana penne is lovely! Soft, Melodious and aroha expressive. The song starts with a mild beats a bell like sounding rhythm and it has a fantastic long, structured pallavi highly ambient with simple chorus and nadaswaram backing is indeed masterstroke. Listen to it….

Pallavi: Aaha…. Adada….Penne! un alagil naan kannai simittavum maranthen (Chorus :hey) aanal! (hey) kanden! (hey) Orayiram kanavu!

On the second line the base vocal itself takes the chorus (hey) job with electronic backing and nadaswaram poondhu viladifying throughout. The best part is the “Omana penne… Omana penne” is brilliant adaptation of classical “Kathakali” touch. I am dancing to it…! The robust effect have certainly spoiled the “Kalayani Menon” part. We have heard “continuum” postlude in D6 this is yet another gorgeous long prelude in Nadaswaram. A very soft & mellifluous song like “Azhagiya Cindrella” Benny Dayal have sung well and I am loving it!

Isnt there a interlacing between ending of nadaswaram postlude and opening of Hosana Flute prelude! :)

“kaathal kondu naan pesa kathi kondu nee veesa” Wat a song! More later….[/tscii:5ba18653da]

MADDY
11th January 2010, 11:31 AM
Its easy to make a 90 deg turn in a bicycle... but an aeroplane ?? Change is good...not that we dont welcome it.. TFM is already bereft of his music...make ur changes slow ARR... just a request..

In terms of mass reach all over TN .. I dont see how its going to happen..I loved aaromale.. maybe the hope rests on Hossanna

:exactly: im already worried abt its reach.......people will just trash it saying "ennapa irukkudhu idhula?"........

as a soundtrack this would have sat in any hollywood movie for its diverse approach.......if at all Tarantino makes love stories, this would be what he would expect.......Aaromale instantly evokes the images of a lonely person/heart in a desert - full Floyd touch......i seriously doubt if people would appreciate this......

Scale - superb........almost all musicals are finding omana penne and mannippaya boring.......pls deconstruct it further, it would be of help :bow: ........only thing i noticed in omana penne is there are lot of rythms running side by side which makes it a beautifully arranged track......

Gaja
11th January 2010, 11:38 AM
guys.. isn't it too early to judge the album? lets wait for the movie to be released & see how its blends with the visuals.. also lets not start comparing with previous Harris's work.. i feel ARR had done justice for this album & Gautham is happy with the tracks.. we'll just have to wait & see how the ppl will accept this album once the movie is out...

MADDY
11th January 2010, 11:42 AM
guys.. isn't it too early to judge the album? lets wait for the movie to be released & see how its blends with the visuals...

yes, mannippaya etc seems to be totally visual-based.......

dinesh2002
11th January 2010, 11:44 AM
sloshed, im surprised about ur mail here, and that too supporting VTV. The world is going to spin the other way round tomorrow, jk.

Its true most of VTV songs will find a hard time reaching all the Bs and Cs, and students initially. Hosana will be a hit no doubt. Others will be a hit, once the movie hit the screens. When many mediocre songs were hit thanks to the movie, VTV will find its way easily. I believe Gautham in that. He made many average songs of HJ hit.

A.ANAND
11th January 2010, 12:00 PM
anbil avan -prelude amazing! :musicsmile: :2thumbsup:

A.ANAND
11th January 2010, 12:13 PM
:shock: "Anbilar ellam thamakkuriyar" thirukkural has been used in Mannippaya song! :shock:

Shreya Ghosal - divine voice :bow: innoruthi porandhu varanum.

:exactly:

mikesasi
11th January 2010, 12:21 PM
guys, CD is already out in India... Gopal from yahoogroups has confirmed this... any idea about release in Malaysia? heard the promo in THR Raaga (Malaysian Radio Channel), but yesterday checked in the shop, no CD was out..

A.ANAND
11th January 2010, 12:24 PM
indha manashunukku azhive illa - he is ready to change :thumbsup:

The Complete Man - Raymonds. The Complete Musician - ARR :D :notworthy: :thumbsup: :redjump: :cry2: :musicsmile: :smokesmirk: :swinghead: :victory: :shoot: :2thumbsup:

:notworthy: :notworthy: :2thumbsup:

mikesasi
11th January 2010, 12:28 PM
i just confirmed with my fren.. it's already available in Penang...he bought the CD from Lotus Five Star Butterworth last nite... hope i could get it in KL by tonite... can't wait for it...

SoftSword
11th January 2010, 12:43 PM
guys links please.... :(
i was on leave for the past 4 days
someone please pm

A.ANAND
11th January 2010, 12:46 PM
i just confirmed with my fren.. it's already available in Penang...he bought the CD from Lotus Five Star Butterworth last nite... hope i could get it in KL by tonite... can't wait for it...

tomorow confirmed out sasi! :D
esok saya turun K.L! :happydance: :cheer:

baroque
11th January 2010, 12:47 PM
Soothing musical album!

Looking at the photos of the film, exactly I expected.

vinnaithaandi varuvaayaa....by Karthik with the minimalistic instrumentation is a bliss! :musicsmile:

mannippaaya..... Shreya with Rahman in a nice slow tempo :musicsmile:

Lingering Calmness the two tracks induce is pleasing this night! :musicsmile:

Glad the album is available at AMAZON!

Rest of the musicals later...
vinatha.

Scale
11th January 2010, 01:34 PM
pachi solluthu Mannipaaya is a BGM. Doesn't sound like an intentional duet.

Maddy,

Where is your post on anbil avan?

Scale
11th January 2010, 01:38 PM
baroque,

Please post a detail review if its really worth. summa thottu thottu poyidreengha. Would love to hear more from knowledgeable hubbers.

baroque
11th January 2010, 01:41 PM
You consider me knowledge hubber! :oops:

True musical experts write about IR, Rahman etc..
I enjoy.. :)
Vinatha.

Scale
11th January 2010, 01:50 PM
Username onnu pothum. andha dhool.com 1000Song graph theduren kedaikka mattengudhu :)

baroque
11th January 2010, 01:52 PM
:)

ajaybaskar
11th January 2010, 02:21 PM
Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya.... Dont know if Simbu asks Trisha the same in the movie but definitely looks like Thalaivar has crossed over the skies to give such a musical treat....

For the last few years, there were quite a few ARR albums where there were couple of songs which went unnoticed. But this is an album which is going to rock the charts for a long long time...

I dont want to rate each song with a number since each song has been distinct and spl of its own.

For those who liked the album, guys, give a few more listens and i bet that you will come across a lot of pleasant surprises each time...

For those who didnt like the album, there is one honest advice.. Listening to few sub-standard tamil albums in the recent times would have spoiled your musical taste and you need to think beyond that level to like this album..

I would rate this album along with Thalaivar's best...

As a token of love and appreciation, I dedicate this to Thalaivar and all his fans...

http://www.mediafire.com/?nyk3jjyiyde

Scale
11th January 2010, 02:27 PM
Good work Ajay! :clap: :clap:

MADDY
11th January 2010, 02:53 PM
AJay :clap: ungalakkulla ippadi oru kalaignana? :D

and nice encouraging words as well.......i was worried with lot of negative reviews.....now i feel better after reading urs and scales posts :D

MADDY
11th January 2010, 02:59 PM
pachi solluthu Mannipaaya is a BGM. Doesn't sound like an intentional duet.

Maddy,

Where is your post on anbil avan?

i think i posted it in TF section thread....Anbil avan is really unique, the thavil beats tries to derail the entire rythm pattern but still somehow wounds itself around the main rythm......very different feel :D ....but kannukkul kannai is a beast that has come out of rahman's synth :D

A.ANAND
11th January 2010, 03:04 PM
Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya.... Dont know if Simbu asks Trisha the same in the movie but definitely looks like Thalaivar has crossed over the skies to give such a musical treat....

For the last few years, there were quite a few ARR albums where there were couple of songs which went unnoticed. But this is an album which is going to rock the charts for a long long time...

I dont want to rate each song with a number since each song has been distinct and spl of its own.

For those who liked the album, guys, give a few more listens and i bet that you will come across a lot of pleasant surprises each time...

For those who didnt like the album, there is one honest advice.. Listening to few sub-standard tamil albums in the recent times would have spoiled your musical taste and you need to think beyond that level to like this album..

I would rate this album along with Thalaivar's best...

As a token of love and appreciation, I dedicate this to Thalaivar and all his fans...

http://www.mediafire.com/?nyk3jjyiyde

wooow!ajay kalakiteenga! :yes: :clap: :cheer: :shoot: :notworthy:

A.ANAND
11th January 2010, 03:09 PM
i was worried with lot of negative reviews ---MADDY

appadi onnum neraya negative review illaye! :shock:

A.ANAND
11th January 2010, 03:11 PM
For those who didnt like the album, there is one honest advice.. Listening to few sub-standard tamil albums in the recent times would have spoiled your musical taste and you need to think beyond that level to like this album.. --AJAY

nachunnu irukku irukku'ppa! :D :clap:

A.ANAND
11th January 2010, 03:13 PM
Hi Guys,

This track truly is a masterpiece.

This will be an instant hit among all.

Without any exagerration: My wife recently had a brain hamorraphage and since then she is under selective memory loss.

This morning I got her to listen to Hosanna and she literally started dancing to it and made a statement saying that "Is this track by Rahman by any chance?"

This is the power of Rahman's music!

Thanks

Chander

arrfan from YG

dinesh2002
11th January 2010, 03:38 PM
Ajay, i wasnt impressed with the album. So i can reply to ur 'assumption'. I dunno if u wanna believe this or not, but for the past many years, ive been surviving fully on ARR's 90s album ( i really mean it, 24/7 with all his old hits for many year ). And some tracks here and there, like Sarvam's Siragugal, Vaamanan's Edho Seigirai and Oru Devathai, Aayarithil Oruvan songs, and latest Goa's Valiba Vaa. I dun think these are sub-standards albums/songs.

When the whole world was going behind Ayan and Aadhavan songs and what not, i was the only 1 who have laughing at the songs and was blasting Thiruda Thiruda and Kadhalan songs in my Car.

So if a person who enjoyed a sub-standard album and he praised VTV album, should i say that VTV album too is a sub-standard album? Ur logic does not apply at all.

Please do not assume and comment on people u dunno. This is my sincere advice and request.

Back to the thread's topic, Hosanna is truly great! Vijay Prakash has a very powerful voice. Omana Penne is truly special with Kalyani's portion. Loved the fusion here.

littlemaster1982
11th January 2010, 03:42 PM
[html:1b09a60b50]http://lh4.ggpht.com/_kJzFXMZBLQo/S0rMpsVDn5I/AAAAAAAAAIE/3agKz1bhryY/s800/Picture%20003.jpg[/html:1b09a60b50]

dinesh2002
11th January 2010, 03:44 PM
LM, this is for callertunes right? It will take months for us in Malaysia to be able to use VTV songs as our callertunes. Damn !!

littlemaster1982
11th January 2010, 03:48 PM
Yes Dinesh. One of the advantages of being in India :P

dinesh2002
11th January 2010, 03:49 PM
Yes Dinesh. One of the advantages of being in India :P

:twisted: arrgghhhh...!!

dinesh2002
11th January 2010, 03:52 PM
Mannipaya.... something disturbing about this song... does anyone else feel the same? Its like its playing with ur veins... it spells LOVE so perfectly. The ending was marvelous, simple humming but yet very disturbing.!

littlemaster1982
11th January 2010, 03:53 PM
[html:5aba39ffd0]http://lh3.ggpht.com/_kJzFXMZBLQo/S0rLzZhvCJI/AAAAAAAAAH0/Ntv2z9Lz_6I/s800/Picture%20001.jpg[/html:5aba39ffd0]

[html:5aba39ffd0]http://lh6.ggpht.com/_kJzFXMZBLQo/S0rLYI9DXVI/AAAAAAAAAHs/RykTlxAYpHY/s800/Picture.jpg[/html:5aba39ffd0]

[html:5aba39ffd0]http://lh3.ggpht.com/_kJzFXMZBLQo/S0rL7uI6S0I/AAAAAAAAAH8/76xrxH9w3VA/s800/Picture%20002.jpg[/html:5aba39ffd0]

littlemaster1982
11th January 2010, 03:54 PM
Audio CDs are now available at Chennai,

1. Adyar Cd world, Vadapalni, Adyar

2. Waves Music, T Nagar 9840310433

3. Music World Outlets

Its priced at Rs. 99 only

dinesh2002
11th January 2010, 03:55 PM
Look at ARR, he mentions Gautham and Thamarai's name before his, when the star of the show is no doubt ARR.

littlemaster1982
11th January 2010, 03:59 PM
Aaromale is a killer track. Woohooo :victory:

MADDY
11th January 2010, 04:16 PM
Please do not assume and comment on people u dunno. This is my sincere advice and request.

he was not commenting on u in particular or anyone.......that was a general comment......i say this, knowing him personally very well.......i, also, say this to you, since i hope im close to you as well... :D .....

differential views amongst us is always a healthy sign - giving the album some time is the request underlined..... :D

SoftSword
11th January 2010, 04:16 PM
i cant understand more than 80% of the words in all the songs but hosanna...

goutham usually insists that the words should be clear in the first listen na?

Appu s
11th January 2010, 04:20 PM

Yet to start this song :P , as of now hooked on this 3 melodies,Omana penne,Hosanna,mannippaya...

Regarding Boss voice in Mannippaya,not convincing on first hearing...

Good start :bow: :bow:

Aalavanthan
11th January 2010, 05:26 PM

Totally agreee.. And mannipaaaya, nowadays, I wish all songs are sung by ARR himself as this obviously result in a hit number .. oru normal line-aiyae he is converting that into a high pitch and at the end of each stanza, he doesnt come down the pitch but just goes high and high 8-) ... and the use of chorus at the background is just amazing.

Benny Lava
11th January 2010, 06:55 PM
Aaromaley - Simply brilliant!!!! :bow: I can't have enough of this song! For the first few listens I was getting this nagging feeling of familiarity... Now I know, it is "Have a Cigar" and "The Great gig in the sky"

Excellent singing by Alphonse, I guess if this was in Hindi, it would have gone to Kailash kher.

Benny Lava
11th January 2010, 07:07 PM
I think people are finding it difficult to digest mannipaya because melody of ARR's portion in that song seems long and stretched. I feel that is his natural style and it fits perfectly in HFM. In tamil, we typically have short stanzas and melodies.

The kural chorus in Mannipaya is excellent!! Note how the female vocal and male vocal counterpoints in melody/intonation (from "anbudaiyaar enbum uriyar pirarku" onwards) while singing the same verse... beautiful!!

MADDY
11th January 2010, 07:13 PM
Aaromale - is it hardcore blues?? there is the thalaivar's touch with choral harmony inserted but what a track........it seems GM very well knew our hunger for a HC rock style composition from thalaivar.....i was expecting this kind of number anyways :wink:

Ramakrishna
11th January 2010, 07:59 PM
Anbil Avan :D
Very catchy

Ramakrishna
11th January 2010, 08:16 PM
Whats wrong with Manippaaya?

sathya_1979
11th January 2010, 08:25 PM
Isai
Kadavul thandha parisu.
ARR
Parisaaga vandha kadavul :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

sathya_1979
11th January 2010, 08:34 PM
Got my CDs! Yay! Ripped as a 320 bit rate MP3 and loaded into my player. Indraya kadamai inidhe niraindhadhu :D

A.ANAND
11th January 2010, 09:01 PM
yaarum GM-HJ combination suttama ellarum marathuthangga pola! :lol:

VA album-oda VTV compare panni neraya comment varun innu nenachen!suttama kaanum :shock:

hope VTV songs reach 2 pamara makkal also! :D

VTV success!

A.ANAND
11th January 2010, 09:05 PM
Ajay, i wasnt impressed with the album. So i can reply to ur 'assumption'. I dunno if u wanna believe this or not, but for the past many years, ive been surviving fully on ARR's 90s album ( i really mean it, 24/7 with all his old hits for many year ). And some tracks here and there, like Sarvam's Siragugal, Vaamanan's Edho Seigirai and Oru Devathai, Aayarithil Oruvan songs, and latest Goa's Valiba Vaa. I dun think these are sub-standards albums/songs.

When the whole world was going behind Ayan and Aadhavan songs and what not, i was the only 1 who have laughing at the songs and was blasting Thiruda Thiruda and Kadhalan songs in my Car.

So if a person who enjoyed a sub-standard album and he praised VTV album, should i say that VTV album too is a sub-standard album? Ur logic does not apply at all.

Back to the thread's topic, Hosanna is truly great! Vijay Prakash has a very powerful voice. Omana Penne is truly special with Kalyani's portion. Loved the fusion here.

dinesh,VTV is masterpiece from thalaivar endru,innum 1week-la un vayale solla pora paru!innga post-sum panna pora!ithu uruthi machi!take time-la machi!madhusri illa innu kovikatha :lol:

sathya_1979
11th January 2010, 09:28 PM
Who said ARR songs are only for youth? My 60+ dad is in love with VTV and is pestering me to play it again and again in our home theatre :D

VinodKumar's
11th January 2010, 09:52 PM
Aeromale :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Full song compose pannurathuku munnadi eppdi rahman tune ah directoruku sollirupaaru ... la la la potu sollura matter illayae intha song :confused2:

music man
11th January 2010, 10:15 PM
Aeromale :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Full song compose pannurathuku munnadi eppdi rahman tune ah directoruku sollirupaaru ... la la la potu sollura matter illayae intha song :confused2:

Ha Ha...Sure all this na na la la would not have worked...Rahman would have presented a guitar jamming section with the track vocals to GM...

Meanwhile...this album is a great album...World class album....Now the pressure is on GM to deliver the goods...
Excellent guitar usage from thalaivar after a long time...Thanks to GM..

Offcourse this album is full of experimentations...Its really a great hit...ARR is known for such revolutions in music industry where he keeps on re-inventing himself...bringing on new sounds pushing the bar even higher....

Not a surprise from this wizard, who as a tiny 24 year old kid in 1992 tilted the scales in TFM with all new sounds and new song structures and patterns and set the entire nation on fire with his mind blogging music...

Rahman is again on a mission...Lets embrace it...

vijayr
11th January 2010, 10:25 PM
Just started listening to VV. First up Aaromale..I sense a Pink Floyd influence here..the opening guitar strums reminds me of a track from The Wall or Dark Sisde of the Moon..I cant remember right now. But a definite inspiration here. But a fresh attempt. Has Rahman written all over it.

Update: I got the song. It is Wish you were here by PF
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXdNnw99-Ic

Just an Inspiration , but a worthy one

Scale
11th January 2010, 10:45 PM
i think i posted it in TF section thread....Anbil avan is really unique, the thavil beats tries to derail the entire rythm pattern but still somehow wounds itself around the main rythm......very different feel :D ....but kannukkul kannai is a beast that has come out of rahman's synth :D

Wow!! Maddy thats a keen observation. The thavil itself sounds like a rhythm tok tok tok (kuthira savari). We have heard chaiya chaiya, train rhythm this is awe-inspiring!

The beauty that gets a beast avatar is Ganesh Rajagopalan's solo violin. I think its electric violin and its very obvious in the stunning interlude. I am yet to come out of Elays violin piece/sample this is further intensifying. Kannukkul kannai is the boy baits her lover for pretending not being in love.. Very racy, upbeat and some apr wordings from Thamarai. Naresh Iyer the energy at which he sings this song is phenomenal!

Kannukkul kannai vaithu illai illai endraye
kallam ondrai ulle vaith paarvai veesi sendraya
kaathal kondu naan pesa kathi thooki nee veesa :awesome:

Chorus, kids vocals (arent credited) & un anbil nillai en vaanil nila gives aah aah effect.

Scale
11th January 2010, 10:50 PM
vijayr,

welcome back. yeah I also felt PF influence. even the kannukkul kannai prelude sounds very familiar

see comment no: 6 & 8

littlemaster1982
11th January 2010, 11:13 PM
Lyrics:

Hosaana (http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/5295/tvivtvinlay3.jpg)

Mannipaaya (http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/1088/tvivtvinlay4.jpg)

Anbil Avan (http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/3269/tvivtvinlay5.jpg)

Vinnai Thandi Varuvaaya (http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/4708/tvivtvinlay6.jpg)

Aaromale (http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/14/tvivtvinlay8.jpg)

Babu606
11th January 2010, 11:13 PM
Wow. i heard all the songs and Hossanna is really great. for me, this is like another starting of new genre. i m not concerned about western styles or anything. for me this is arr's music and i am sure these songs will be my favourite in fewdays. by the way Hosanna is already a fav of mine :D

shocker
11th January 2010, 11:30 PM
This album came out on iTunes a couple of days ago, why is it not available on CD anywhere internationally!?

vijayr
11th January 2010, 11:33 PM
Anbil avan..the aanandham marriage nadhaswaram bit is cleverly mixed in. The tune didnt do much for me, but the ludes are a little fresh. Overall an above average composition. The ilamai song from Varalaaru looms all over this

vijayr
11th January 2010, 11:36 PM
Omana penne seems to be stuck in the mid, spinning its wheels. Talking about the tune. Trying too hard here, Rahman.Lot of voice processing too, getting tired of this. Even Devi Sri Prasad can do this these days

sha
11th January 2010, 11:40 PM
in love with Aromale,,, 60s-70s Rock with mallu lyrics,,, wonderfull.... no other tunes are catchy for me,,, few bits and bytes from mannippaya is inspiring,,, may be the more i hear better i like other songs!

vijayr
11th January 2010, 11:41 PM
Kannukkul-pretty much the same fate as Omana penne..the prelude gets the expectation high but the tune...?