PDA

View Full Version : IR's New albums - Ver 2008/2009

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

venkkiram
15th June 2009, 08:12 AM
புதிய படங்களுக்கான பாடல்களில் ராஜாவால் தேர்ந்தெடுக்கப்பட்ட பிண்ணணி பாடகர்களின் திறமையின்மையைப் பற்றி குறை சொல்லி, எஸ்.பி.பி மலேஷியா வாசுதேவன் போன்ற தேர்ந்த பாடகர்களை போல இருப்பதில்லை என இங்கே பலர் தங்களது கருத்துக்களை வைக்கும்போது, எனக்கு அதைவிட முக்கியமாக பாடல் வரிகளின் மீது கவனம் செல்கிறது.

உதாரணத்திற்கு அழகர் மலையிலிருந்து ஒரு அருமையான காதல் பாடல்.

"கருகுமணி கருகுமணி கழுத்துல ஆடுதடி
கனிஞ்ச கனி உரிமை இனி எனக்கென்னு பாடுதடி
கொடுத்துவச்ச ஆள் நானு அது உனக்குத் தெரியாது
வயதில் வரும் கோளாறு வந்திருச்சி தகராரு
இது யாருக்கான திருநாளு திருநாளு!"

பாடலின் ராக அமைப்பு கேட்கும் முதல் முறையிலேயே மனதிற்கு பிடித்துப்போய் வருகிறது. ஆனால் பாடல்வரிகள் இதை எழுதியர் நா.முத்துக்குமார் தானா என சந்தேகம் வரும்படியாக இருக்கும்விதத்தில் அமைகிறது. அதிலும் பல்லவி வரிகள் தரம் எனப்பார்க்கும் போது கண்ணுக்கெட்டும் தூரத்தில் கூட இல்லை. ஒரு நல்ல ட்யூனை ஏன் இப்படி சீரழிக்கவேண்டும் எனத் தோன்றுகிறது. பல்லவியின் வரிகள் பளிச்சென்று, பாடலைப் பற்றிய ஒரு பிரமிப்பைக் கொண்டுவர வேண்டாமா? பாடல் வரிகளின் தரம் எப்படி இருந்தால் என்ன, சந்தத்திற்கு ஏற்றவாறு அமைந்தவிட்டதா அது போதும் என இதையெல்லாம் அனுமதிக்கும் ராஜாதான் இதுபோன்ற செயல்களுக்கு பொறுப்பாகிறார் என கணிக்கிறேன். இன்னும் எத்தனை முறைத்தான் ராஜா தனது பாடல் இசைக்கும், பாடல்வரிகளுக்கும் இடையே ஒரு இமாலய அளவு சுவரை எழுப்பிக்கொள்ளப் போகிறார் எனத் தெரியவில்லை.

இந்தக் கூத்தையெல்லாம் பார்க்கும் போது "நிழலின் பெருமை வெயிலில் நின்றால் தான் புரியும்" என்பதுபோல வைரமுத்து இல்லாத வெற்றிடத்தை நன்றாகவே உணரமுடிகிறது.

Sureshs65
15th June 2009, 11:37 AM
Venkkiram,

Agree with you that lyrics are a weak point in many of IRs recent Tamil songs. I mean even the lovely 'Kooda Varuviya' does not open with lines that engrave in your heart. A pity.

raja_fan
15th June 2009, 01:49 PM
I agree on "Kooda varuviyaa.." .
Vaali's lyrics are sub-standard. No coherence of imaginations/ideas in the charanam part in particular.. No things like "edhugai..monai.." etc..anything can be filled anywhere..

Really we miss VM..

"Vetti veru vaasam..vedala pullai nesam..
buddhi ketta desam..
podi vachu pesum...
jaadhi madha bedham ellaam munnavanga senja mosam.."

What a coherence with tune and ideas..!!

Also songs like "oora therinjukkitten.." in Padikkaadhavan..

thumburu
15th June 2009, 06:34 PM
I concur with you on how badly we miss VM-Raja combo. Who can forget the immortal lyrics he penned for "poo maalai vangi vandhaan pookaL illaye" / "naan oru sindhu" for that cathartic song in the raaga "sindhu bhairavi" for the movie also by the same name

app_engine
15th June 2009, 07:46 PM
I don't know about others but I really get irritated with the 'நூத்தி நாலு டிகிரியிலே ஒடம்பு சுடும்' business :-(

vAlmiKi lyrics are better, but pronunciation is horrible there (apart from 'booze irukkudhu' for 'poo sirikkudhu', there is this வெ'ழ'க்கமாத்து அடி - 'விழக்கானேன் - கிழக்கானேன்')

Sanjeevi
15th June 2009, 08:04 PM
I don't about others but I really get irritated with the 'நூத்தி நாலு டிகிரியிலே ஒடம்பு சுடும்' business :-(

vAlmiKi lyrics are better, but pronunciation is horrible there (apart from 'booze irukkudhu' for 'poo sirikkudhu', there is this வெ'ழ'க்கமாத்து அடி - 'விழக்கானேன் - கிழக்கானேன்').

:lol:

crajkumar_be
15th June 2009, 08:24 PM
Enna Senjaalum is fantastic and Tippu sounds good :shock: (actually i liked his singing/voice in "Rekka katti parakkudhu" from Valmiki also)

app_engine
15th June 2009, 08:27 PM
Actually the vAlmIki song 'தென்றலும் மாறுது, திங்களும் மாறுது' is close to VM standards, IMO :-)

Added with the Shreya magic and the beautiful interludes, this song is slowly becoming my fav in vAlmiki. Interestingly, this song is followed by the 'kaNNil pArvai' in my playlist :-)

raja_fan
15th June 2009, 09:37 PM
[quote]
(apart from 'booze irukkudhu' for 'poo sirikkudhu', there is this வெ'ழ'க்கமாத்து அடி - 'விழக்கானேன் - கிழக்கானேன்')
[quote]

இது பரவாயில்லீங்க..
'மனசெல்லாம்' படத்தில் வரும் 'இளைய நதி..இனிய நதி.." என்ற இன்னொரு 'மகத்தான' பாடல்..
அதில் ஒரு வரி..பாடலாசிரியர் என்ன நினைத்து எழுதினாரோ..ஆனால் நம் ராஜாவின் செல்ல "சாது" ( சாதனா ) பாடுவது
"...பல்லிகள் கூட்டமாய் இங்கு வர வேண்டும்.."

எதுக்காக பல்லியெல்லாம் கூப்பிடறார்னே தெரியாது.. :)

இவங்க குரல் நல்லா இருக்கு என்ற காரணத்துக்காக நாம இந்த கொடுமை எல்லாம் அனுபவிக்க வேண்டியிருக்கு. :(

அதுக்கு ஏத்தா போல நம்ம தமிழ் பொண்ணுகளும் "சங்கீதத்திற்கும் எங்களுக்கும் ரொம்ப தூரம்" னு அடம் பிடிக்கறாங்க.. நம்ம பக்கத்துல கேரளாவை பாருங்க..எவ்ளோ பேர் முறையா சங்கீதம் படிக்க ஆர்வம் காட்டுறாங்க..ஆனா இங்கே என்னவோ சங்கீதம் என்றாலே ஒரு குறிப்பிட்ட ஜாதி மட்டும் தான் ஆர்வம் காட்டுவாங்க என்பது போல நடந்துக்கறாங்க..

அன்றைய சுசீலா ஆரம்பித்து ஜானகி, சித்ரா, ஸ்வர்ணலதா , இன்று ஸ்ரேயா வரை எல்லாமே வெளி மாநிலம் தான்.. ஆண் குரல்களிலும் கிட்ட தட்ட இதே நிலை தான் ( சௌந்தரராஜன், மலேசியா போன்ற வெகு சிலர் தவிர )

Sureshs65
15th June 2009, 09:43 PM
app_eng,

Yes. 'Thendralum Maruthu' picks up slowly but it surely gets you. To me right from the beginning it had a tinge of Raja's Malayalam works. Something which RS had pointed in his first post of Valmiki songs.

app_engine
15th June 2009, 10:01 PM
"...பல்லிகள் கூட்டமாய் இங்கு வர வேண்டும்.."

Despite her pronunciation issues, the song 'kayyil dheepam Endhi vandhOm' from manasellAm sounded so sweeeet and was in loop for many days on my player :-)

app_engine
15th June 2009, 10:04 PM
app_eng,

Yes. 'Thendralum Maruthu' picks up slowly but it surely gets you.

I got turned off by the percussion arrangement of that song initially (the "tsk-tsk" lifeless sound that IR uses for the last few years).

However, I don't pay much attention to that part now as the song otherwise is quite good, typical IR recipe!

writeface
16th June 2009, 01:57 AM
The pallavi of Thendralum maaruthu is not very appealing. However, the charanam and interludes are good.

Wf.

kiru
16th June 2009, 07:44 AM
I want to second/reinforce certain points mentioned here-
app's point about Shreya - pretty good voice, emoting and singing. Yup I too think she is getting into the leagues of SJ/KSC..
venki's point on lyrics - cant agree more ..kOlARu/thakarARu is a momentary paucity of imagination, spoils the otherwise nice lyrics. kooda varuviya is also not so nice..I am sure they will use the same line in a cheap song soon. I dont know why we have bad lyrics in IR's songs in recent times. If you look at the "greatest hits" of IR all of them were not a hit without much help from lyrics. Even vaali's words are not so good in IR's songs..simlilarly pazhani bharathi seems to write better for others than IR. I like simple tamil as in Kannadhasan's songs versus the colloquoliasm that IR seems to condone.
Also, I favor AM over vaalmiki ..much better flow in tune there.

app_engine
16th June 2009, 08:27 PM
Interesting to see that most "IR long-timers" (including inetk) like AM.

Also, most of us no longer seem to care about what's going to happen to this in TN - whether the songs will be hit - movie will be good / hit etc :-)

I'm not sure whether this is a good sign, but at the minimum, sign of maturity :-)

One thing interesting to note is IR putting forth that "extra effort" (i.e. IMG) for his old-time-pals. (I think sangili Murugan is one of the few who has kept his friendship alive with IR for a long-term)

writeface
16th June 2009, 10:06 PM
I have a hunch that IR meddles with the lyrics.

kiru
16th June 2009, 11:29 PM
I'm not sure whether this is a good sign, but at the minimum, sign of maturity :-)

You sure got that one right :-)

kiru
16th June 2009, 11:30 PM
I have a hunch that IR meddles with the lyrics.
Sadly..I also have the same hunch.

appushiva
17th June 2009, 02:58 PM
Like other IR fans I was very happy these days that we are getting more number of IR songs. The most liked repeated hearings are

1. Muthalena ee baari (Nannavanu- Kannada )
2. Enna senjalum (AM- tamil)
3. Ean ethu Ean ethu .. Maya Maya ( Nannavanu - Kannada)

then come valmiki and Bakyatha bellagara.

After long gap SPB had sung the duet 'Muthalena ee baari' he had done a great job inspite of aging and we can see the difference in his voice, but he escalated the song to higher heights.

The AM songs are catchy with confident , hope IR will be back as he was in 80's.

Regards to all in the blog

Shiva / Kuwait

irir123
18th June 2009, 06:05 PM
whatever happened with NANDALALA ?? has it been shelved for good ??

Sureshs65
19th June 2009, 12:05 AM
irir123,

Read a small snippet in 'Kumudam' that Nandalala may be shelved and IR was angry with Myskin. Given that it is Kumudam I am not sure how truthful it is.

krish244
19th June 2009, 01:39 PM
Isn't Nandalala film already completed? I thought it was just a matter of releasing it. Why they (makers of Nandalala) will decide to shelve the film when it is already completed?

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
19th June 2009, 01:42 PM
"Prem Kahani" audio released:

http://www.expressbuzz.com/edition/story.aspx?Title=Reel+life+dream+comes+true&artid=K7KTLMBPQZI=&SectionID=Qz/kHVp9tEs=&MainSectionID=w44iAeuGCu8=&SectionName=UOaHCPTTmuP3XGzZRCAUTQ==&SEO=

thanks,

Krishnan

Sureshs65
19th June 2009, 02:03 PM
Krish,

I too thought the same way but the new snippet clearly said that Myskin has told Illayaraja the film is 'dropped'!! I just hope that someone could release the BGM, which was supposed to be the highlight of the movie and for which artists came from Hungary!!

krish244
19th June 2009, 03:16 PM
Oh ic. Probably the producers can afford to waste the money spent on the movie.

Anyway, lets hope otherwise and movie and/or the BGM gets released.

thanks,

Krishnan

crajkumar_be
19th June 2009, 03:20 PM
Krish,

I too thought the same way but the new snippet clearly said that Myskin has told Illayaraja the film is 'dropped'!! I just hope that someone could release the BGM, which was supposed to be the highlight of the movie and for which artists came from Hungary!!
:( :(

Hulkster
19th June 2009, 05:32 PM
Sureh that bit was taken from a long time ago when nandalala was initially shelved and IR called mysskin who said the film was shelved. The current status is that the film is ready for release but due to the previous flops and ayngaran's insistance on wanting to release angadi theru first, nandalala is taking a whack.

Sureshs65
19th June 2009, 07:05 PM
Hulk,

I read this in the mag which was probably a week or two old. So this seems to be about the completed film and not the 'not started' one.

app_engine
19th June 2009, 08:11 PM
How can a "completed" film be "dropped"? Hereafter, is it not with the producer to do whatever he wants?

Also, the songs got released (and some are awesome). So practically not much damage done to people who follow IR's music.

app_engine
19th June 2009, 08:16 PM
It's really funny to see TF field where a supposedly successful director, after two consecutive hits, is struggling to get his 3rd one released.

Music got released and is good. Even BGM got completed (which is possibly toward the end of production, means ready to release).

Is the movie so bad that there are no buyers? Can't believe that as there are a dozen horrible ones that get released each month, some with even unknown names.

Possibly priced too high that people are waiting for a "sale".

app_engine
19th June 2009, 08:18 PM
And I don't think Mysskin has that kind of a money / muscle in the industry to keep a completed movie in shelf because of an ego clash with a veteran like IR :huh:

MumbaiRamki
19th June 2009, 11:10 PM
After listening to valmiki , my fav song is thendralum ...

such a wonder ful song ..Sometimes , i feel in our hurry to form opinions we tend to wait andlisten to songs and enjoy them !

Sanjeevi
20th June 2009, 12:41 AM
After listening to valmiki , my fav song is thendralum ...

such a wonder ful song ..Sometimes , i feel in our hurry to form opinions we tend to wait andlisten to songs and enjoy them !

Yeah

for me, it is slowing going to reach No. 1 and it is in No.2 behind Oli Tharaum.

Hulkster
20th June 2009, 06:47 AM
a_e, supposed news is that ayngaran wants to release angadi theru first before nandalala as the grapevine is that nandalala is a tragic film and considering their last two films were flops they want to go on the safe mode and get angadi to theaters first. Nandalala's fate depends on angadi theru's success in other words.

MumbaiRamki
21st June 2009, 08:35 AM
ANy news on prem kahani audio ?

Hulkster
21st June 2009, 09:50 AM
Its hard to get kannada audio songs, they take so long to come to stores. Most probably monday.

Sureshs65
21st June 2009, 11:37 AM
Yup. What Hulk says is right. I have been checking for the past two days. Looks like it will come to stores tomorrow. Lets see.

raja_fan
22nd June 2009, 04:31 PM
Valmiki release on this Friday.

Hulkster
22nd June 2009, 04:40 PM
Finally we can see one film. Prem Kahani has nine songs, the track listing is as such.

1.Yaarivanu Yaarivanu
(Bela Shinde)

2.Yaarivalu Yaarivalu
(Sriram Parthasarathy)

3.Hodedavne
(Tippu,Rahul)

4.Giliya Mariyondu
(Ilaiyaraaja)

5.Rangu Rangu
(Ilaiyaraaja, Shreya Ghoshal)

6.Nannavale
(Rahul)

7.Kogile Koogu Baa
(Bela Shande)

8.Badavana Manege
(Sadana Sargam)

9.Shringara Bangara
(Shreya Ghoshal)

inetk
22nd June 2009, 05:10 PM
[tscii:d36cd25b7f]http://bellitere.com/ilaiyaraaja-rings-gitanjali-bells-prem-kahani-music-review.html

The adage of ‘old wine in new bottles’ screams out from rooftops in Ilaiyaraaja’s Prem Kahani tunes. The album breathes average music with a flimsy sprinkle of hearable and pleasurable numbers. But then these pleasurable numbers only remind you of Ilaiyaraaja’s past glory. Stumped out compositions, lackluster tunes, scratchy voices all together make this album a complete fall-out.

Yaarivanu Yaarivanu: (Bela Shande): Inspirationally ‘Geetanjali’. This number has the mark of Ilaiyaraaja and faint tunes from his 1980’s Telugu blockbuster, Maniratnam’s ‘Geetanjali’. Setting aside the ‘Geetanjali’ factor, the song roles out as a slow sweet melodious number. The kind that tempers your senses while the hero captures the heroine’s heart.

Yaarivalu Yaarivalu: (Sriram Parthasarathi): The male version of ‘Yaarivanu Yaarivanu’. Kalyan’s lyrics and Sriram’s damaged throat dampens your senses. As for the hero capturing the heroine’s heart, P.T.Usha is the one who comes to mind instantly.

Hodedavne:(Tippu, Rahul): Tapankutchi and taporish, hodedavne literally sings praises of the ‘area hero’ in love. Well, the praises remain confined within the song with no marks for the entire package. Bland tunes, average lyrics and the Tippu/ Rahul kanta sound more like a dhobi thumping the clothes on a washing stone.

Giliya Mariyondu: (Ilaiyaraaja): While the furnished dwani of Ilaiyaraaja rings through the melancholous lyrics of Santosh, it is not difficult to spot a few slips in the pronunciation. Giliya mariyondu is the sad song in the album. More than sad, you will be glad – when it ends.
PremKahani

Rangu Rangu: (Ilaiyaraaja, Shreya Ghoshal): Yet another Geetanjalish number, Rangu Rangu is all syrupy, sugary and a pleasing number. The fusion of strings and beats weave well into the voices.

Nannavale: (Rahul): As if one sad song was not enough! The album has another one that chugs along incessantly at infinitum. If the first sad song made you feel glad at the end, you will get smart to hold your ears even before this one starts off.

Kogile Koogu Baa: (Bela Shande): The Kogile in Kaviraj surfaces, but Shande’s rather shrill koogu falls flat on the top. Kogile Koogu Baa, manages to drive away more than just the kogile.

Badavana Manege: (Sadana Sargam): Badavana Manege banda Balachanda in Sadana Sargam’s clear voice holds bhajan value. The pearls of wisdom flow out in a lullaby-like tune. No complaints about this number, no praise either.

Shringara Bangara: (Shreya Ghoshal): Spot the difference- the Shringara number and the Yaarivanu one. Apart from different lyrics, different voices and riding on a slightly higher pitch, the differences are few. What say Ilaiyaraaja?[/tscii:d36cd25b7f]

Hulkster
22nd June 2009, 05:44 PM
I saw that website. Their previous review got slashed left right and center. Good thing i did not comment or it would be damaging.

Sureshs65
22nd June 2009, 09:46 PM
Yup Hulk. The Nannavanu review was pathetic to say the least. Anyway we all are enjoying Nannavanu songs. The site gave Nannavanu only two stars and it has given Prem Kahani 2 1/2 stars. So I guess the songs must be even better than Nannavanu!! Nowadays it has become a fashion to write like this whenever a Raja album comes out.

anegan
23rd June 2009, 12:35 AM
Just think about the so called reviewers who rush to get it on the website. They just get it up online in a matter of hours. I wonder whether the would listen to the songs completely!

That too words like... "As if one sad song was not enough! The album has another one"... etc. irks while reading.

THADI EDUTHAVAN ELLAAM THANDAL KAARAN????????

MumbaiRamki
23rd June 2009, 02:19 PM
Valmiki release on this Friday.

Im gonna see this one ! Story should be good , considering how songs have turned out and its AV production!!!

Sureshs65
23rd June 2009, 03:47 PM
Heard the songs of 'Prem Kahani'. The reviewer definitely must have been on a high while reviewing this album. All the female solos are lovely, with Shreya's 'Sringara Sindoora' being a class act. I can understand why app_eng has put her into his all time great list. 'Rangu Rangu' is a lovely duet. I have loaded samples of these songs in this folder. There are a few more songs, whose samples I will load later when I get some time. For now, enjoy these and buy the CD as soon as you can. It is definitely worth it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=8e33cb20ac50d571d6baebe61b361f7ce25aa1fa 17dd0fda5be6ba49b5870170

Hulkster
23rd June 2009, 04:47 PM
Nandri Suresh Ji. :D Yup those reviewers have no listening taste as well. Deducing a raaja song is more complicated then u think it is. Evanga yellam :curse:

MumbaiRamki
23rd June 2009, 05:09 PM
Guys ,
post a review by urself .. :)

Punnaimaran
23rd June 2009, 05:14 PM
Thanks Sureshs for the upload.
I do not share the views of the person who 'reviewed' the album.

Hulkster
23rd June 2009, 05:29 PM
Judging from the samples all the songs have wonderful orchestration. There is a very breezy feel to each of them. Rangu Rangu is the most modern and instantly likeable of all but my personal favourite is the kogile koogu ba song.

jaiganes
23rd June 2009, 06:17 PM
Did anyone give a listen to Kalavaramaye madilo songs?
It is the second telugu movie of the director of Hope and he is a guest blogger at PFC .

raagas
23rd June 2009, 06:45 PM
Did anyone give a listen to Kalavaramaye madilo songs?
It is the second telugu movie of the director of Hope and he is a guest blogger at PFC .

Is it by IR?

Also, can we ask him why he couldnt release the BGM of Hope,though he had plans to, originally.

Hulkster
23rd June 2009, 07:09 PM
Its not by thalaivar. Its by sarath vasudevan.

app_engine
24th June 2009, 02:01 AM
http://entertainment.oneindia.in/kannada/top-stories/2009/prem-kahani-audio-230609.html

"aa dinagaLu" fame Ilayaraja :lol: has composed the music for the movie

Hulkster
24th June 2009, 07:44 AM
Prem Kahani Songs

http://www.kannadaaudio.com/Songs/Moviewise/home/Prem-Kahani.php

Hulkster
24th June 2009, 08:23 AM
From a super neutral point of view, the pathos songs are remakes of old thalaivar songs, the five female solos are wonderful with mostly soulful and simple orchestration. But the pick of the soundtrack will be these two songs rangu rangu and hodedavne.

Hodedavne especially is totally unexpected from thalaivar. Certainly does not sound like thalaivar composed it. But super maame :smokesmirk:

Sureshs65
24th June 2009, 08:37 AM
Hulk,

I will post my review after a few more listens but from the initial listens, I agree with what you say. Especially about 'Hodadavane'. It is definitely not like a Raja composition for these type of songs. The two songs in 'Nannavanu' are more the known Raja style for these type of songs. The energy in 'Hodadavane' is quite good.

The two pathos songs have the hallmarks of past Raja songs, the way the tune moves, the interludes, everything. Raja fans will like these but their general acceptability may not be too high.

The female solos are fantastic with both 'Sringara' and 'Koogu Kogile' being superb. 'Rangu Rangu' is super cool.

Overall a very nice album.

Hulkster
24th June 2009, 08:46 AM
:exactly: suresh. But i feel some of our brigade will have problems with the "synth" usage in the songs. Still hodedavne perfectly justifies its synth usage.

12bums
24th June 2009, 09:00 AM
Is it just me or does it look like IR feels frightened to give his best songs to someone else to sing?

Hulkster
24th June 2009, 09:08 AM
:lol2: It is said that IR does all track recordings first and if the singers do not come on time he himself will record it. Not sure if this is the case for this as well. But Giliya Mariyondu sounds good in thalaivar's voice.

rajasaranam
24th June 2009, 11:26 AM
Is it just me or does it look like IR feels frightened to give his best songs to someone else to sing?

I have been observing this for the past 2 years :D

raagas
24th June 2009, 11:52 AM
but my personal favourite is the kogile koogu ba song.

Kogile seems like Suddha Dhanyasi. It has IR written all over it. a very typical IR suddha dhanyasi.

rajasaranam
24th June 2009, 12:18 PM
Thanks Suresh & Hulkster for samples & links.

Iam not used to This current onslaught by Raaja with albums releasing like a continuos stream.
Just in the first hearing

Rangu rangu: has 80's written all over it. It seems like a rehash of some telugu songs of the 80's (Definitely not Geethanjali). It is like eating the Paradise biriyani, though the taste remains same over the years, feels fresh each time you eat :)
Hodadavane: Seems Raaja is all set to take on the GenX. Same smile as with the songs of 'Valmiki' was there in my face when the song started. interludes and the charanams are :notworthy:

Meethi songs ketkavae venaam ippothaikku :)

Sureshs65
24th June 2009, 01:01 PM
RS,

Your are spot on with the Paradise Biryani comparison. I have been eating there since ages and even now it feels fresh.

It's true that this year has been an onslaught as far as Raja is concerned and I am loving it :)

raagas
24th June 2009, 01:27 PM
It's true that this year has been an onslaught as far as Raja is concerned and I am loving it :)

Nan Kadavul to Prem Kahani = 8 albums. And each album had its own wonderful songs. Absolutely phenomenal.

And Pazhassi Raja, Chal Chale are to be released... apart from other tamil film albums. it feels.. Aaahaa..

raagas
24th June 2009, 01:33 PM
Iam not used to This current onslaught by Raaja with albums releasing like a continuos stream.
It is like eating the Paradise biriyani, though the taste remains same over the years, feels fresh each time you eat :)

hahaha.. well said RS.

kiru
24th June 2009, 01:47 PM
Only the thing the reviewer is right about is - old wine in a new bottle. But damn..the wine is still good and the bottle looks cool (especially in rangu rangu). To hell with the reviewer he does not know even his music instruments. It is not strings in rangu rangu but it is the Celtic fiddle. (BTW, hodedavane IS IR's composition IMHO).

rajasaranam
24th June 2009, 02:09 PM
Relistening to Hodadavane. Ivalo naalum 'Perisu' summa vedikkai paathuttu irunthirukku intha chinna pasanga velaiyatellam :oops: It has everything to become a permanent bar song :)

rajasaranam
24th June 2009, 02:18 PM
BTW, hodedavane IS IR's composition IMHO.

:huh: I've listened to this atleast 4-5 times till now. Apart from Tune and the orchestrational brilliance this & the Instrumentation part is something very new from Raaja for me. For instance the Whistle coming in second charanam is unlikely for a Raaja composition. May be few more listens will take me to a path which Raaja has treaded already like 'Sing Swing' of moodupani.

sudhakarg
24th June 2009, 02:32 PM
Rangu rangu sounded to me like the "Mella mella" song from Vaazhkkai.. Anyone with similar thoughts?

Hulkster
24th June 2009, 02:48 PM
Yup and kai veesi. There is a extremely catchy rhythm flow in the tune and song. :D

Hodedavne is becoming my favourite. Really unexpected and something which shows thalaivar could probably do a hip hop movie if someone gives him a chance.

Sureshs65
24th June 2009, 03:51 PM
kiru,

The older the wine gets the higher its value :)

krish244
24th June 2009, 05:03 PM
I don't think anyone would have expected a song like "Hodadhavane" from IR. Orchestration/music screams Yuvan trademark!

Rest (about other songs) of the comments later. This song tempted me too much to share my thoughts.

thanks,

Krishnan

Sureshs65
24th June 2009, 05:11 PM
And all the bass lovers should listen to 'Sringara Sindhura' song. Lovely bass all along.

Sureshs65
24th June 2009, 05:49 PM
Here goes my review:

1. 'Giliya Mariyondu'(Raja) and 'Nanavale'(Rahul Nambiyar): Typical Raja pathos songs. The use of violins, flute and tabla, the choice of the raga, and the way the tune flows, reminds you of many Raja songs of the past. As I said in an earlier post, Raja fans would like it but whether it will capture the imagination of a larger public is open to question. 'Giliya Mariyondu' reminds me of a song in the Telugu movie called 'Sunny'. I think that song was sung by Karthik. Rahul Nambiyar does a good job of 'Nanavale'. I do wish Raja would give some more songs on the lines of "Chirugali' (Mallepoovu) for situations like these. I like both the songs, especially 'Nanavale'.

2. Yaarivanu (Bela) and Yaarivalu (Sriram): The same tune sung in female and male voice but the instrumentation is different. The female solo is more melodious while the male one is more vigorous.
The female solo has the synth 'tsk tsk' beat (as app_eng called it). If you don't mind this beat, then you will enjoy the bass work in this song. The tune is lovely and instead of the drum beat listen to the bass.
The male solo, as I told, is more vigorous. I like the way Sriram ends the pallavi, sort of 'what can I do' feel. Very casual and nice. The beat is different and the bass follows the whole song. It is great to see how the same tune is used to convey different emotions. The female very seriously in love and the male totally confused about his emotions. Excellently done.

3. Hodedavane (Tippu and Rahul): The stunner in this album. When I read in the review it was a song about the hero, I expected something on the lines of the hero song of 'Nanavanu' but I was pleasantly surprised. The song is so un-Raja like. Lots of energy in this song.

4. Rangu Rangu (Raja and Shreya): Lovely violins start the song with the bass following closely. Tune almost starts like a marching beat. The chorus adds to this march effect. The violins take over in the first interlude before the bass joins in again. The charanams are extremely melodious again the bass contributing beautifully. Shreya is in great form. Wonderful second interlude makes this an excellent song.

5. Kogile Koogu Ba (Bela): Initial humming is followed by the drums and bass. The bass line is lovely in the pallavi and follows the synth in the interlude. Excellent tune. My feeling is that the director would have wanted a song similar to 'Haadu Kogile' of NMH. The charanams are melodious and Bela does a nice job. The charanam seems to end with a scale change.

6. Badavara Manage (Sadhna Sargam): Again the bass does a lovely job in the Pallavi. Looks like a 'Laali' song and the evokes the necessary peace. The pace is perfectly right for these types of songs.

7. Sringara (Shreya): Starts with the keyboard with bass providing support. Shreya starts wonderfully and there is a 'thullal' in her voice. She perfects captures the mood of someone who is excited. The bass lines are lovely. The first interlude has the keyboard starting off with some lovely bass work. The charanams are mesmerising. Very well done by Shreya. When he gives her songs like this, no wonder she worships him :)

Overall an excellent album. I am loving it. Especially the fact that almost all songs have nice bass going on.

rajasaranam
24th June 2009, 07:04 PM
Parts of the second interlude of 'Hodavane' was getting into my nerves as I knew this from somewhere else but not able to point it.
Finally a relief after identifying it as from 'Josh De Josh De' of Shiva 2006 :)

Hulkster
24th June 2009, 07:06 PM
This album is picking up on me. Thalaivar has really explored synth usage in this album. Hodedavne is still my favourite but yaarivalu by sriram is getting second spot. Rangu Rangu pushed to third place.

rajasaranam
24th June 2009, 07:17 PM
Listening to Rangu Rangu and Hodadavane back-to-back shows us the glimpse of genius who can make us do a time travel. :notworthy: Amazing violin works in Rangu Rangu (Yes just Like Mella Mella/PAP BGM).

Finding myself in Madness complete Madness - Charles Jason bourne... alpha beta kappa delta! Thalaivar in full form :bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump:

Listened to other songs just once!

Hulkster
24th June 2009, 07:50 PM
BTW Yaarivalu has a amazing mix of percussion usage as rhythms. I can just listen to that song for these sweets. Not to forget the starting guitar piece for the second interlude. Adida mellathey :smokesmirk:

jaiganes
24th June 2009, 08:36 PM
breezy songs - the pathos nannavale really is soulful!!
offcourse Rangu rangu is awesome to say the least.
Aa shringaara - Shreya G - pinnitta po!
Raja is in a peppy mood this year!!
and one thing...
Bala Shinde's voice sounds different in different songs, like the voice in 'Oli tharum' is not the one singing 'yaarivanu'. ...

kiru
25th June 2009, 07:39 AM
BTW, hodedavane IS IR's composition IMHO.

:huh: I've listened to this atleast 4-5 times till now. Apart from Tune and the orchestrational brilliance this & the Instrumentation part is something very new from Raaja for me. For instance the Whistle coming in second charanam is unlikely for a Raaja composition. May be few more listens will take me to a path which Raaja has treaded already like 'Sing Swing' of moodupani.

You may be right..but I feel there is so much transitions and different rhythms for pallavai and charanams, including pauses and melody bits, to me it look very much like IR's. This song is mainly/almost purely rhythm I think we should compare agni natchathiram. raja rajadhi raja rather than the moodupani which is a rock song.
Re: the onslaught of songs - yes, I think after almost retiring the Tabla division and replacing it with the Synth Drum division, the music factory is operating full capacity :-)
jaiganes - i think yaarivanu is Sadhana ..must be some mistake in labeling.
suresh - you bet !! I normally dont recycles but recently it looks like the work is being done with much more enthusiasm.
[tscii:de51876cc1]dhoosi thatti thodaiththu vaiththalum nanRaagavE irukku[/tscii:de51876cc1]
raaga - you got it - it is mella mella ..but they have very nicely laid the celtic fiddle tune over it nicely. The string transitions add the IR stamp. (BTW, is that bagpipes in the second interlude ?).
re: sriram parthasarathy - I think IR is doing a good thing in growing this classical singer into a playback singer.

Sureshs65
25th June 2009, 10:56 AM
kiru,

I also think 'yaarivanu' is Sadhna. Must be a labelling mistake.

raagas
25th June 2009, 12:08 PM
'Giliya Mariyondu' reminds me of a song in the Telugu movie called 'Sunny'.

It reminded me of 'Va Va Anbe' from 'eeramane Rojave'. or may be the scale and pitch in opening lines.

entertainment
25th June 2009, 03:12 PM
Rangu rangu sounded to me like the "Mella mella" song from Vaazhkkai.. Anyone with similar thoughts?

:exactly: . I felt too. I thought the producer/director would have wanted a song in this genre.

Sureshs65
25th June 2009, 03:48 PM
True raagas about 'Vaa Vaa Anbe'. I guess there are more than one song in this particular scale / mood.

rajaalltheway
25th June 2009, 10:36 PM
Vijays 50th film to be directed by S.P.Rajkumar and Produced by Ayya faithful Sangili Murugan.Is this big news??

app_engine
25th June 2009, 11:10 PM
Vijays 50th film to be directed by S.P.Rajkumar and Produced by Ayya faithful Sangili Murugan.Is this big news??

Is IR the MD?

app_engine
26th June 2009, 12:07 AM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/47846.html

As per this news, the director for Vijay movie is the same as the one doing azhagar malai.

My guess is these are rumors deliberately spread to sell AM , which may be difficult to sell otherwise; Vijay may be doing some nanRikkadan in consenting to such ones. They also keep him in the news and he can always switch to others, after seeing AM results. If it turns out to be a flop, nobody will care for Sangili and his director.

app_engine
26th June 2009, 12:14 AM
In any case, the news report carefully avoids naming any other technicians and there is less possibility for IR.
(Well, all his three effors for Vijay were quite decent - KM / KN / Friends - but Vijay has gone far far away from these kind of films currently, trying to ape RK. Not that IR cannot tune for RK kind of films, but we've not seen him associated with any such projects in many many years)

k_vanan
26th June 2009, 06:10 AM
Arya produce new movie with new faces music by IR

http://www.dinakaran.com/cinema/gossip/

Arya :thumbsup:

MumbaiRamki
26th June 2009, 08:23 AM
Rangu Rangu is just class act , reminding me of the njoyment of listening to agni natchathiram, the same energy , modified for 2009 !!!

Hodadavne is YSr stamped all over , cleverly masked over a 80s raaja tune - an di liked it , although may not listen it more thn 4-5 times ..

Yaariavanu and Kogile is straight 'Oru Naal Oru kanavu' feel and its good to listen , bt could have been better with less synth or better sound mixing .

Gillya mariyonda is raaja's pathos and as usual soulful and might be a mismatch for today's films , inspite of its good melody.

Sanjeevi
26th June 2009, 11:27 AM
இந்தப் படத்துக்கு இசையமைக்கப் போவது இளையராஜா. நீண்ட இடைவெளிக்குப் பிறகு விஜய் படத்துக்கு இசையமைக்க வருகிறார் ராஜா என்பது குறிப்பிடத்தக்கது.

http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/heroes/2009/06/25-rajakumar-may-direct-vijays-50th-movie.html

thumburu
26th June 2009, 02:51 PM
pre "kadhalukku mariyadhai" days, Raja has scored for a couple of Vijay movies like Chandralekha with 2 lovely songs "Allah un aaNai padi" and "Arumbu thaLire". There is another Vijay movie which I dun't remember , that has 2 of my fav numbers "oru chudar iru chudar" and "ivaL yaaro"

Sanjeevi
26th June 2009, 02:55 PM
thumburu

that is Rajavin Parvaiyile

Sureshs65
26th June 2009, 08:45 PM
Yes. 'Rajavin Paarvayile' is a superb album. Other than the songs mentioned by thumburu, 'Amman Koil Ellame' is also a nice song.

app_engine
26th June 2009, 08:51 PM
அழகர் மலை படத்தின் இயக்கம் பிரமாதமாக வந்திருப்பதாக அறிந்த பின்னரே ராஜகுமாரை தேர்வு செய்தாராம் விஜய்.

More evidence for my theory of "promoting AM" :-)

Once that movie is sold and released, things can change.

fan_ir
27th June 2009, 08:45 AM
Hodadavne

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHSpqVaud80 :lol:

Hulkster
27th June 2009, 09:14 AM
:lol2: but the song exactly matches the situation. super ma :smokesmirk:

rajasaranam
27th June 2009, 09:21 AM
வால்மீகி - தியேட்டர் வாசலில் இருக்கும் பலகையில் "இத்திரைபடத்திற்க்கு யாரும் செல்ல வேண்டாம் என எச்சரிக்க படுகிறார்கள். மீறி சென்றால் நிர்வாகம் பொறுப்பல்ல. ஒரு வாரம் கழித்து வருதல் நலம் அதற்க்குள் இந்த படத்தை அகற்ற முழு முயற்ச்சி எடுக்கப்படும்." கடந்த பல பத்து வருடங்களாகவே ராஜாவின் இசைக்காக இப்படி பல கொடுமைகளை அனுபவித்து வரும் ராஜாசரனம் எனும் இசை ரசிகர் கூறியதாவது "தளராத விக்கிரமாத்தித்தன் போல் மீண்டும் மீண்டும் ஒரு நம்பிக்கையோடு வருகிறோம் ராஜா இசை அமைக்கும் படங்களுக்கு, ஜித்தன் ரமேஷ் நடித்த 'மது' எனும் திரைபடத்தையே முதல் தினம் பார்த்தவன் நான். எஸெமெஸ் என்னும் படத்தை வெளியில் நின்று கொன்டே பார்த்திருக்கிறேன். ஆனால் இந்த திரைபடம் போல் உள்ளேயும் உட்கார முடியாமல் வெளியேவும் செல்ல முடியாமல் ஒரு உச்சகட்ட கொடுமையை வேறு எந்த படத்திலும் அனுபவித்தது இல்லை. அதற்க்கு இந்த படத்தின் திரைக்கதையை தான் பாராட்ட வேண்டும், நமக்கு ஏதாவது நல்லது நடந்து விடாதா என நம்பிக்கையோடு காத்திருக்கு வைக்கிறது. ஆணாலும் கடைசி 'பிரேம்' வரை அது நிகழாதது இயக்குனரின் சாமர்த்தியத்தை உனர்த்துகிறது."
மேலும் அவர் கூறியதாவது "60களில் வந்து மாரல் சயின்ஸ் கதைகளை போல் உருக்கி பிழிகிறார் இயக்குனர், ஆனால் நம் கண்கள் தான் பனிக்க மறுக்கின்றன." திரைபடவட்டாரத்தில் விசாரித்த பொழுது எல்லோரும் கிசுகிசுப்பாய் பேசி கொள்வது இதுதானாம் 'எஸ் பிலிம்ஸ்' தப்பித்தது 'விகடன் டாக்கீஸ்' மாட்டி கொண்டது என்று.

Hulkster
27th June 2009, 09:27 AM
Padam avalo mosama? Engey release kuda pennavillei. :cry2:

Listened to rangu rangu again. Someone mentioned is it bagpipes if thalaivar is using. It certainly is and the beats that come with it is also scottish. But like violin vicky said thalaivar uses the atomic level of a genre and this case he has used bagpipes to fill in for the flute and the scottish styled beats for the tabla but the end result is always a raaja genre. Enna oru soogam. pramadam. :clap:

MumbaiRamki
27th June 2009, 09:42 AM
:lol2: but the song exactly matches the situation. super ma :smokesmirk:

very good picturisation!! Do we have video fr the rangu rangu song ?

Hulkster
27th June 2009, 01:19 PM
not the full length, just a video mix from the trailer.

rajasaranam
27th June 2009, 01:32 PM
Valmiki (http://sify.com/movies/tamil/review.php?id=14896570&ctid=5&cid=2429)
Sadly, Valmiki lacks story, style and soul.

Verdict- Disappointing

There is not even a single song of Ilayaraja that stays in your mind

That is because the movie is bad! keep listening to the album without even thinking about the movie and the songs will stay in your mind for years to come.

K
27th June 2009, 04:13 PM
http://sakthivelpages.blogspot.com/2009/06/blog-post_26.html

Enna Koduma Sir Ithu

rajasaranam
27th June 2009, 04:40 PM
http://padikkalama.blogspot.com/2009/06/blog-post_26.html

Innum oru vaarathukku ella bloggerskkum nalla theeni. Intha padatha kizhichi thalla pOrAnga :D Ithula namma Raasa maattikkitaarenu nenaikkum bodhu rombave paavaama irukku :(

Sureshs65
27th June 2009, 05:23 PM
Pity that Raja's music either goes to movie like this or 'Mallepoovu'or SMS (Malayalam), which don't stay in the theaters or goes to movies like 'Nandala' which don't release!!! The only recent exceptions being 'Naan Kadavul' and 'Bhagyadevatha'. Let's see how the Kannada movies turn out to be. Generally I don't have much expectations from Kannada movies but they are capable of going lower than those expectations !!!

raagas
27th June 2009, 06:04 PM
Pity that Raja's music either goes to movie like this or 'Mallepoovu'or SMS (Malayalam), which don't stay in the theaters or goes to movies like 'Nandala' which don't release!!! The only recent exceptions being 'Naan Kadavul' and 'Bhagyadevatha'. Let's see how the Kannada movies turn out to be. Generally I don't have much expectations from Kannada movies but they are capable of going lower than those expectations !!!

That brings us to the same old question.Why are some good film-makers not approaching IR? IR needs to do films that are made by good film-makers, atleast as perceived by people today.Among all of IR's clients, except for Bala, i do not see any film-maker, who has his own style or brand of films. its been long since IR has worked with anyone, who is known for his own brand of cinema, style, vision etc.Balu Mahendra was there. Bala is there. but what about others. Mind you, i am not talking about the film or its boxoffice fate.but about director's strong sense of vision and IR's match to it.Uliyin Osai was a fabalous score but i heard the quality of film is bad.when such things happen, the score fails to reach the masses. remember, a Devar Magan, which was completely rural based, was identified all across India and its score won that appeal. so quality of film really matters.

I am not sure if we have such wonderful film-makers in South (who can get the visibility for music too), except for Bala. Maniratnam is there but he is not working with IR. IR needs film-makers like these. I am expecting something good from Balki. Also, i wish IR gets to work in the Hindi circuit. because there, whatever is the fate of film, a film's music sells when it is by good film-maker. Vidhu Vinod Chopra, Farkhan Akhtar, Ashutosh Gowariker, Rakesh Mehra.. these guys have good music sensibilities and i wish IR gets to work with them. Ya i know they have their own music choices, but then, i just wonder that they are so sure about their music preferences, imagine what the output could be if they team up with IR. he would give them nuggets. IR needs film-makers like those, who are sure about what they want, and are not just casual about their craft.

Sureshs65
27th June 2009, 08:43 PM
BTW, anyone has any idea of what happened to the animation movie 'Manikantan'? I thought it was supposed to release in the April / May time frame.

balaji
27th June 2009, 08:58 PM
http://sakthivelpages.blogspot.com/2009/06/blog-post_26.html

What this blog has written about IR really bothered me. The songs were good in my opinion.

These guys can write anything they want? (not that what they write is importanT!)

Somehow the comments affected me very much..

Bala

vem
27th June 2009, 09:02 PM
The world has moved on- IR has been swept aside partly because of his eccentricities. However genuine his causes may be, he is still like a fish out of water since the film industry is basically ruled by illeterates and ill-mannered people.

So, IR, being a devotee of Ramanar, is like a fish out of water in this industry. At the same time, these directors as well, who rely on vulgarity rather than creative stories, keep producing movies which are akin to old wine in a new bottle. Hence, neither do they need IR music since there are so many to give them catchy and racy songs - rather than pure and simple evergreen songs -, and nor does IR, who seems bent on handling things his own way, thereby giving a stick in the mud impression to others.

Yes, the losers are we ultimately. I feel that he should have got the Oscars easily for his evergreen songs. It is a pity that media didn't project him properly during his heydays. He will go down as yet another unknown person to the international community like so many geniuses India has produced (in Carnatic music).

The media is the ultimate cause for this and it is sad that it has turned a blind eye to IR's accomplishments.

Sureshs65
27th June 2009, 09:38 PM
Balaji,

There are bound to be many differing opinions and we may find many people not relating to the songs because the film was bad. You can expect comments as you found in the blog since the writer wants to thrash everything associated with the movie. As a listener I am happy with the songs. If someone else is not, I would feel it is his / her loss.

I can understand your feeling but given that internet is the most democratic place of them all, you can see lot of people writing as if they are equals of great legends and giving them advice!! (I laughed out loud when I read a recent review which ended with, "what say Raja?") That is the most fashionable tone to adopt nowadays. While I am fully for irreverence, sometimes this gets carried too far. But who are we to draw the line? All we can do is to give our opinion on why we found the album good and not worry too much about the negative tone adopted by others.

venkkiram
28th June 2009, 07:39 AM
தீதும் நன்றும் பிறர்தர வாரா என அருமையான தமிழ்ச் சொற்றொடர் உங்களுக்கு எல்லாம் பரிச்சயமானதுதான்.

ராஜாவே சொல்லிவிட்டாரே.. "நாயென கிடடா என என்னை இந்த இடத்தில் வைத்திருக்கிறார்" இதுக்குமேல நாம் ஒன்றும் சொல்வதற்கில்லை. ஏனெனில் அவரே முடிவெடுத்துத்தான் சந்தைக்கடை போன்ற தமிழ் மற்றும் தென்னிந்திய திரைப்படத் துறையில் குப்பை கொட்டிக்கொண்டே இருக்கிறார். எண்ணூறு படங்களை செய்தாகிவிட்டது.. நல்ல கவிஞர்களை எல்லாம் தொடர்ச்சியாக வைத்து பாடல்களை இயற்றுவதில்லை தற்போது..

எவ்வளவு மேன்மையாக இசைப்பாடல்களை இயற்றியிருந்தாலும், நல்ல திறமையான இயக்குனர்களது படங்களாக இல்லையென்றால் குட்டிக்கரணம் போட்டாலும் பாடல்களை கேட்க நாதியில்லை. இதுபோன்ற இணையத்தளங்களில் ராஜாவின் தீவிர ரசிகர்கள் ஆஹா ஓஹோ என மெச்சிக்கொள்ள வேண்டியதுதான்.

வருடத்தில் எப்போதாவது ஏதாவது ஒரு சில புகழ்பெற்ற இயக்குனர்களின் படங்களென்றால் ராஜாவின் இசை தீவிர ரசிகர்கள் தாண்டி வெகுஜன மக்களை கடக்க உதவுகிறது. ரஜினி கமல் போன்ற மூத்த நட்சத்திர அந்தஸ்து பெற்ற மக்களும், விஜய், சூர்யா, விக்ரம், தனுஷ், சிம்பு போன்ற இன்றைய நட்சந்திரங்களும் வியாபார நோக்கம் என வரும்போது ராஜாவை கைநழுவி விடுகிறார்கள்.

சினிமா என வந்துவிட்டால் எப்போதுமே இசையென்பது முதன்மையானது அல்ல. இயக்குனர்களைப் பொறுத்தே, கதை, கதைக்களத்தைப் பொறுத்தே இசையை பயணிக்கச் செய்யமுடியும் என்ற விகிதாச்சாரம் தான் என்றைக்கும் நிலைத்து நிற்கும் என்பதை ராஜா இனியாவது புரிந்து, குப்பையான படங்களுக்கெல்லாம் இசையமைப்பதை அறவே நிறுத்தினால் ஒழிய ராஜா பற்றிய தற்போதைய ஊடகம் மற்றும் வெகுஜன மக்களது பார்வை மாறப்போவதில்லை. தனம், உளியின் ஓசை போன்ற படங்களையெல்லாம் இன்னும் ஒப்புக்கொண்டு இருந்தால் அவ்வளதுதான்.

சினிமாவிலும் நான் இருப்பேன். ஆனால் மொக்கையான படங்களையெல்லாம் ஒப்புக்கொண்டு பாடல் இயற்றுவேன் என்பதைக் கடைபிடித்தால் இப்படித்தான்.

இனி வருடம் ஒருமுறையாவது திருவாசகம் போன்று மேலும் சில தமிழ்க் காவியங்களை இசையில் ஏற்ற ராஜா முன்வர வேண்டும். திருப்பாவை, திருவெம்பாவை என ஒரு பேச்சு வந்தது. அப்படியே காற்றில் கரைந்துவிட்டது.

காதலுக்கு மரியாதை போல வருடத்தில் குறைந்தது மூன்று படங்களாவது அதுவும் வெற்றிகரமாக ஓடக்கூடிய படங்களில் ராஜா பணியாற்றினால்தான் ஊடகமும் , வெகுஜன மக்களும் அவரை ஞாபகத்தில் வைத்திருப்பார்கள்.

app_engine
28th June 2009, 09:03 AM
I thought only a few weeks before that those who love IR's music have become "mature" and have ceased to bother about "public acceptance" of his music:-)

Seems people still need a lot more time to reach that yogi level:-)

app_engine
28th June 2009, 09:08 AM
Who cares anymore whether IR's songs reach the patti thotti of TN? He had enough glory there and himself does not care anymore - I think the economic necessities of his troupe members keep him going in film field and he can't retire for that simple reason.

நமக்கு அவ்வப்போதாவது இனிய இசை கிடைத்தால் போதும். அவர் #1 ஆக இருந்த போது வந்த பல படங்களும், விடியோக்களுமே காணச்சகிக்காதவை தாம் என்பதையும் நினைவில் கொள்ளுஙள்...அந்தக்கணக்கில் ஒன்று கூட, அவ்வளவே:-)

MumbaiRamki
28th June 2009, 10:37 AM
Saw the picturisation of koda varuviya ..despite teh cliches , it was ok , niot like ajanta !!!

jaiganes
28th June 2009, 06:08 PM
Valmiki songs are awesome - enna ramarajan timesla blog illai - irundhirundhaa adharkum namma makkal ippidi oru review poattu thaakki iruppaanga. Idhukku poai alattikinu enthukku kappal kavundhu pona maadhiri message potukeerango?
Idhukku poai alattikalaama?

venkkiram
28th June 2009, 06:37 PM
அவர் #1 ஆக இருந்த போது வந்த பல படங்களும், விடியோக்களுமே காணச்சகிக்காதவை தாம் என்பதையும் நினைவில் கொள்ளுஙள்...

--

உண்மை. ஆனால் அதே நேரத்தில் காணச் சகிக்கக் கூடிய, குடும்பம் குடும்பமாக சென்று பார்க்கக்கூடிய படங்களிலும் ராஜா இருந்தார். அதனாலேயே பெரும்பாலான மக்கள் நீங்கள் குறிப்பிட்ட காணச் சகிக்கமுடியாத படங்களையும் ராஜாவின் பெயரை முன்னிருத்தி ஓட்டினார்கள்.

முன்பெல்லாம் வியாபார உலகில் ராஜா முக்கிய அங்கம். இப்போதைய உலகில் அந்த நிலை இல்லை. இது அவராகவே ஏற்படுத்திக் கொண்டதென நினைக்கிறேன்.

"சுவரில்லாமல் சித்திரம் இல்லை". சினிமா உலகம் எனவரும் போது இதுபோல இயக்குனர்கள், நட்சத்திர அந்தஸ்து நடிகர்கள் இல்லாமல் இசையமைப்பாளர்கள் இல்லை. அவ்வளவு ஏன், சினிமா இசைக்கு கொஞ்சமே சம்பந்தமில்லாமல் திருவாசகம் போன்ற பாடல்களுக்கு இசைஅமைத்து வெளிடும்போதுகூட, கமல் -ரஜினி என நட்சத்திர அந்தஸ்து தேவைப்படுகிறது.

இதன்படி, நாளையே ஒரு ரஜினி படத்திலேயோ அல்லது ஷங்கர் படத்திலேயோ ராஜா பணியாற்றினால் வியாபார உலகில் மீண்டும் ராஜா நுழைய ஏதுவாகும்.

மயிலு பட இசைப்பதிவில் ராஜா இயக்குனரிடம் பேசும் போது , "மக்களுக்கு பிடிக்கணும், நமக்குப் பிடித்தால் போதுமா?" என பேசுகிறார். யார் அந்த மக்கள்? அவரது தீவிர ரசிகர்களா? இல்லை வெகுஜன மக்களா? மிக நல்லப் பாடல்கள் தான் உயிரின் ஓசையில். ஏனிந்த மக்கள் புறக்கணித்தார்கள்?

Sureshs65
28th June 2009, 08:12 PM
True app_eng. There have lot of films in the past where his music has gone waste. Given the number of films he does nowadays, I guess his hit / flop ratio must be the same. Anyway, loving all the albums that have been released this year. I am sure about my yogic status :)

crajkumar_be
28th June 2009, 11:31 PM
Valmiki songs are awesome - enna ramarajan timesla blog illai - irundhirundhaa adharkum namma makkal ippidi oru review poattu thaakki iruppaanga.
Well said

balaji
29th June 2009, 01:01 AM
Thanks team!

The writings were very encouraging and very soothing

Thanks
Bala

kiru
29th June 2009, 07:45 AM
venkkiram, as posters here have pointed out Raaja has done music for junk movies in the past and many of them were hits or very good inspite of the movie status. For eg. there were movies (eg. eera vizhi kaviyangal) which were not released but had mind-boggling music. I dont think Raaja wants to be judgemental. How does he know the movie would be a hit or not ? He probably starts early in the cycle. Even otherwise, he has lots of creative energies and he needs to keep it flowing. Please note, only because he did all those movies he was able to do Thiruvaasagam in that quality. Every film is a learning experience for him. Why deny himself that and affect his growth ? (yes you and I could think he is a great MD but I am sure he thinks he still has lots to learn).

How Raaja became commercially sidelined or irrelevant has been analyzed ad nauseum here. Why beat that dead horse now ?

I am sure if you are an IR fan you would have liked atleast one or two recent songs. Have you ever wondered how come he comes up with these fresh melodies even after churning out 4 or 5 thousand earlier ? Whatever be Raaja's personality, one cannot deny the power of his phenomenal mind.

app_engine
29th June 2009, 09:07 AM
For eg. there were movies (eg. eera vizhi kaviyangal) which were not released but had mind-boggling music.

Not that it matters, but EVK got released and I've seen it in theater :-(

Possibly ran only for a few days. Pratap Pothen was a kudisai dweller wearing jeans playing guitar, organizing concert etc (in 80's) and such similar abaththams:-)

Sureshs65
29th June 2009, 09:37 AM
Well said kiru. As I had pointed in another thread earlier, the dhool.com site has some lovely articles by Saravan which talks about songs from movies of IR that were never released and the tunes are amazing. I am with you in looking at this man with amazement for what he is still doing and is still capable of doing.

raagas
29th June 2009, 11:42 AM
Whatever be Raaja's personality, one cannot deny the power of his phenomenal mind.

Bang On.

krish244
29th June 2009, 05:08 PM
Valmiki review on rediff:

http://movies.rediff.com/review/2009/jun/29/valmiki-review.htm

"Ennada Pandi? is trademark Ilaiyaraja, and the maestro shines in the background score too. Editing is neat."

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
29th June 2009, 06:22 PM
[tscii:f05fb792fa]Ananthanarayanan on his movie Valmiki:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Regional-Stars/Simple-yet-strong-/articleshow/4715831.cms

"Valmiki’s music, which has been scored by maestro Ilaiyaraaja, has impressed audiences. Says the director, “I am a fan of Illaiyaraaja’s music. I strongly believe that no one can surpass him when it comes to transforming emotions into music. My favourite song is Ennada Pandi..."

thanks,

Krishnan[/tscii:f05fb792fa]

itsmuls
29th June 2009, 06:28 PM
Nee Indri Naan Illai

Uday Kiran and Meera Jasmine are coming together in Nee Indri Naan Illai, which has been penned by Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M Karunanidhi. The film is directed by Ilavenil and produced under the banner of Nandhini Arts.

The music is composed by maestro Ilayaraja with lyrics by Vairamuthu and Pa. Vijay.

Thalaivasal Vijay, Manorama, Ganja Karuppu and Kovai Sarala are also in the cast. Kannan is the cinematographer of the film, which is expected to be launched soon.

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/imagegallery/galleryDetail.php?id=jg3oL5eijeh&title=Meera_Jasmine_in_Nee_Indri_Naan_Illai

app_engine
29th June 2009, 06:53 PM
I'd be too happy if IR does not waste his energy on another film by ILavEnil, after the disastrous picturizations of uLiyin Osai :-(

Totally tasteless with abysmally low knowledge on how to make a film visually appealing. Hopefully, the presence of VM will negate an IR participation here.

krish244
29th June 2009, 07:07 PM
Itsmuls,

Some sites say that its by IR, but I dont think its by IR. I had posted a link sometime back on this. If I am not wrong, the music is by Deva.

I don't think media will keep their eyes closed when IR and Vairamuthu unites!

Thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
29th June 2009, 07:11 PM
All the below sites say, its by Deva:

http://chennai365.com/news/nee-indri-naan-illai-
movie-photo-gallery/

http://newstodaynet.com/newsindex.php?id=17311%20&%20section=11

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14896841

thanks,

Krishnan

kiru
30th June 2009, 04:26 AM
Well said kiru. As I had pointed in another thread earlier, the dhool.com site has some lovely articles by Saravan which talks about songs from movies of IR that were never released and the tunes are amazing. I am with you in looking at this man with amazement for what he is still doing and is still capable of doing.

I guess most of us are on the same page figuratively and literally :-)
(app.., I did not know EVK was released, thanks for the info)

krish244
3rd July 2009, 01:48 PM
News about kannada movie "Suryakanti":

"Everyone who has listened to the songs tuned by Ilayaraja is raving about them, including Yograj, who has written the lyrics for one."

I just hope its not just a standard statement.

http://www.thehindu.com/fr/2009/07/03/stories/2009070351040400.htm

thanks,

Krishnan

rajasaranam
3rd July 2009, 06:54 PM

Do you want to disbelieve after Raaja has scored left-right-centre this year. Of all Kannada releases this year 'Suryakanti' will top, as the director is 'Chaitanya'. I regard him as Raaja's Kannada 'Bala' :).
The storyline as seen in the report link you have given is also pretty impressive, somewhat on the lines of 'Gangster' (Hindi). Few days ago I remember reading a report that Raaja has composed a 60's styled broadway musical for this movie and Iam waiting eagerly to listen to it 8-)

thumburu
4th July 2009, 01:35 AM
I too pin my high hopes on "suryakanthi" as "Aah dhinagalu" was a top grosser last year and also the director is the kind we wish Raja had more like him in Kollywood too

rajasaranam
4th July 2009, 10:47 AM
Suddenly today morning I realised, I've never listened to 'Valmiki' even once for the past 10 days After I saw the movie :( I started listening to Raaja's 80's songs after coming out of the theatre and am struck there happily. :)
The kind of negative impact these dud movie directors make on us is something to be thought about. If its like this for me who listened to 'Valmiki' songs atleast twice or thrice per day, I shudder to think about the first time listeners in the movie hall, naturally they will reject the songs outright :| That is the reason one of the bloggers wrote "Raaja's time is nearing End".
Though HCIRF have revived their hopes on Raaja in 2009, asfaras the songs are concerned, We need few commercial hits in regards to the movie to keep up the spirit!

Hulkster
4th July 2009, 11:32 AM
We dunt have to. Let us just enjoy his music. He has nothing further to prove, he has made so many films hits in those days, these are nothing but a repeat for him. Let us wait for the 30 plus non-filmi albums that are coming out soon.

MumbaiRamki
4th July 2009, 12:25 PM
Rs ,
somw how i liked the picturisation of ennada paandi . how ere the other songs picturised ?

rajasaranam
4th July 2009, 01:14 PM
We dunt have to. Let us just enjoy his music. He has nothing further to prove, he has made so many films hits in those days, these are nothing but a repeat for him. Let us wait for the 30 plus non-filmi albums that are coming out soon.

Nothing to Prove Yes! But I dont want him to go for a forced retirement due to Commercial Aspects. This year had been so good with multiple album releases and reviving the faith inside fanbase (Not me, I had faith in him always :wink: ), But I feel this revival has to be passed on to the common man.
I had not cared about others opinion and mainained my views intact about him/his music all these years, but as Everyone here feels that Raaja is vibrant and full of energy this year, is there not a need to pass on the vibration to all? I had pinned my hopes on 'Valmiki' and it had left a bad taste in peoples mind.
:(

Intha 30 plus non-filmy albums ellam thalaivar mooda poruthathu, varathu varaikkum namba mudiyaathu :D

rajasaranam
4th July 2009, 01:22 PM
Rs ,
somw how i liked the picturisation of ennada paandi . how ere the other songs picturised ?

Iam trying to forget the movie :) Jokes apart, as a whole the song picturisations were not that bad. It was only the placements and flow of the movie which drew a blank from me. Literally no idea of 'screenplay' was there with the director. The movie doesnt engage us in any manner. It was very predictable and I started singing the songs 2 minutes before it came on screen and people around me thought 'Intha dabba padatha rendavathu thadava vera ivan vanthu paakraannu' :lol:
I would've made a better movie with the same cast/storyline :D

krish244
4th July 2009, 01:37 PM

Do you want to disbelieve after Raaja has scored left-right-centre this year.

I did not mean that. I meant, I hoped the makers sincerely appreciated the music rather than just saying for the movie's publicity or something like that. Actually speaking, these kind of statements doesn't alter my expectations. I always look forward to IR's album with immense curiosity.

...Few days ago I remember reading a report that Raaja has composed a 60's styled broadway musical for this movie and Iam waiting eagerly to listen to it 8-)

That's right. Good that you reminded me about that. Even I am eagerly awaiting to listen to it.

thanks,

Krishnan

Sureshs65
4th July 2009, 04:46 PM
RS,

I agree with what you say. It will be nice to have a hit. I am hoping that atleast one of the Kannada film 'BB', Nannavane' or 'PK' will be a hit. As thumburu had pointed out in another post, hits are dependent on the visual media, unlike in the past, where radio was the only medium and hence song was listened to just for the song's sake.

It is unfortunate that some of the talented newcomers probably hold Raja in awe and are afraid to work with him. Movies like 'Subramanyapuram', 'Pasanga' etc are nice but the newcomers that Raja gets are people who make 'Dhanam' and 'Valmiki'. I think no one has much hopes on 'Azhagar Malai'. Nor can we expect much from 'Jaganmohini'. Like everyone else I do wish there could some collaboration between him and people like Kamal Hasan. In that case, we will be the lucky guys. Two movies which we can look forward to are non Tamil ones, 'Pazhassi Raja' and 'Suryakanti'!!!

MumbaiRamki
5th July 2009, 07:44 PM
Velu prabhakaran's Oru Kadhal Kathai audio release today ..happen to see the posters near abirami mega mall ..

ramk1
5th July 2009, 08:51 PM
Why there is no discussions for the kannada movie Bagyadha Belagara. To listen to the songs goto raaga.com and the reviews are available at http://sizzlingstar.co.in/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1356&start=525.
A good album from Raaja. The musical maestro has scored left and right indeed.
Ramesh K

MumbaiRamki
5th July 2009, 10:52 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/trailer/11273.html

pretty apttrailer score for kadhal kadhai !

Hulkster
6th July 2009, 07:09 AM
The songs are from a long time ago if i am not wrong. 2004 to be exact. Would be interesting to hear what sort of songs thalaivar has tuned for a movie with loads of sleaze.

rajasaranam
6th July 2009, 01:48 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/trailer/11273.html

pretty apttrailer score for kadhal kadhai !

thanks for the link. Great Score as usual :)

Beautiful Interview of VP on the movie and the hurdles crossed.
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/Events/18586.html
Hope he translated this well onto the screen & Screenplay!
Surprisingly Charu speaks well about the movie :P

Saw the AD of music release on Saturday, but the audio is not yet in stores :(

rajasaranam
6th July 2009, 01:56 PM
The songs are from a long time ago if i am not wrong. 2004 to be exact. Would be interesting to hear what sort of songs thalaivar has tuned for a movie with loads of sleaze.

The movie is not about sleaze but exactly the opposite. :)

Plum
6th July 2009, 03:11 PM
Surprisingly Charu speaks well about the movie

Not a good sign, RS, not at all a good sign.

Hulkster
6th July 2009, 03:45 PM
I meant the content. But on a different context, most movies depicting hardships of women and sexual violence end up like this. The earlier trailer was some soft-porn mix indian style. :lol2:

rajasaranam
6th July 2009, 04:20 PM
Surprisingly Charu speaks well about the movie

Not a good sign, RS, not at all a good sign.
:lol: OTOH Apart from his irritation towards Raaja, I know where he is coming from and wat are his likes/dislikes :P

rprasad
7th July 2009, 09:38 AM
listened to the hodadavne song. wow to use the language here in US, the song kicks ass big time. Such energy from a 66 year old composer. IR never ceases to amaze.
by the way i have no doubts that this is a IR song , found no traces of yuvan here. typical IR song if you listen closely to the charanam and even the orchestration is typical IR in most places.

Hulkster
7th July 2009, 11:27 AM
About hodadavne, i think the most amazing aspect is the everchanging rhythm. I also feel that there are quite alot of layers as well. Cant pinpoint out though. Expats dissaact the saang. :twisted:

jaiganes
7th July 2009, 10:07 PM
listened to the hodadavne song. wow to use the language here in US, the song kicks ass big time. Such energy from a 66 year old composer. IR never ceases to amaze.
by the way i have no doubts that this is a IR song , found no traces of yuvan here. typical IR song if you listen closely to the charanam and even the orchestration is typical IR in most places.

I amstill thinking - If a person heard WCM only at the age of 25, what chances are there for him/her to go on to write an official symphony and create thousands of mini symphonies with counterpoints and harmony for Indian and western music in a span of next 40 years. If I was that person, I would have fainted and run away from music. IR survived, struggled and succeeded like no one else. It is ingrained in him to only associate any new 'sound -music' patterns with what he knows already and create a new post modernistic spinoff to it.
And BTW - I was in chicago this weekend and in the process of taking the architecture cruise tour had a short lesson on post modernism and modernism with respect to Architecture and it reconfirmed my stongly held belief that IR is a truly pioneering 'post modernist' in the field of music long before people even started applying that idea in the context of music.

Sureshs65
7th July 2009, 10:29 PM
Jai,

Rajasaranam has been expounding the same views about IR and Post Mordernism. Infact he has had a mail exchange on this with Jeyamohan as well.

I fully agree with both of you on this. Other than just the post modernism, what we need to understand is also the level of originality. He gets all pieces of his own and fuses them together. Which is far cry of the current trend of getting some 'reusable' components, preferably from some unknown place, using it in their composition and then claiming 'modernism'!!

MumbaiRamki
7th July 2009, 10:43 PM
yellaam sir , are the songs really out ?

thumburu
8th July 2009, 06:25 PM
Valmiki has left me with mixed feelings.
"Kooda varuviya" has Rahman like ambience and when a scale as appealing as "yaman" is chosen, then it is hardly surprising that it turns out to be a pleasing melody. It has brief but sweet interludes. I earnestly wished they were longer. "Thendralum marudhu" starts off in a catchy manner with a nice pallavi like "aatrin karaiyorathu"[ mallu film rasathanthiram] buts doesnt sustain my interest as the charanam progresses due to limpy. lifeless tune. On the whole it ends up sounding like a mediocre Vidhyasagar melody . "OLi tharum" has dejavu written all over. The third line in the pallavi is similar to "iLa vayadhu ponna kandaa thala therikka odum" line of "ulagam kedakkudhu" from "dhanam" and this song pallavi also esemebles "vaa vaa anbe poojai undu" from "eeramaana rojave"/"oLiyile therivadhu" of "azhagi" too. But the strings in the first interlude just before Raja starts charanam is scintillating stuff.
-more later-

thumburu
9th July 2009, 06:17 PM
//continuing my tirade on Valmiki :)
"Ennada paandi" is of the same genre s "jakkamma" of "SMK" fame. It has minimalistic yet really funny interlude music :))
"poo sirikkudhu"- liked the hip start and prelude music . That harmonium taking over in the first bgm is damn cool and so is the accompanying music that whizzes past the lines "mookuthi mookuthi vairakallu mookuthi". But that female singer is only better than Bhavatharini and that is not a compliment. The second interlude seems to be a wash out. The bass suddenly over powers the rest of the music which is not great either. Have you all noticed this or its just in my case? "Poo sirikkudhu" should have come out well . Iam not sure why it didn't. "OLi tharum" , being set to Raja's fav scale is haunting and the way the 2nd keyboard/piano interlude starts without resorting to pallavi again is a good move. The charanam lines also resemble the charanam lines of "aadhaara shruthi" song of "Konji pesalam" . "Rekka katti" lines are the same as "nagooru pakkathula nambaloda pettai" from "veLLai roja" and "ennanga maapiLLai nalam dhana" [ "Thendrale ennai thodu"] . The music alternating between "nadhaswaram" and band "vaadhyam" is an interesting aspect and Tippu is apt for such songs. "Acchadicha kaasa" somehow reminds me of the much maligned "azhagi varaa" of "UO" , saving the melodious postlude surprise [May be to keep tandem with some on screen happenings]

Hulkster
9th July 2009, 06:32 PM
Poo sirrikidhu was quite balanced. Did not feel anything like the bass overpowering the song. BTW just a advice, try to leave out the guessing of which song it is and just enjoy the orchestration that thalaivar does. Like i said before no point digging into which song it matches.

kiru
10th July 2009, 08:00 AM
Valmiki has left me with mixed feelings.
"Kooda varuviya" has Rahman like ambience ...
To me best ambience in a song is puththam pudhu kaalai in alaigaL Oyvathillai. Lot of space to the vocals and the guitar is almost psychedelic. I dont know why IR did not do much songs with lots of space added to the vocals in the 90s and later. There were quite a bit in the 80s.
I dont think this song is Rahmanic, but there are other songs in AM, BB etc where a drone (like the sruthi petti kind of sounds) is added, which is typical of Rahman (eg. charanam of enna senjaalum from vaalmiki). I think this is a cheap way to add harmony (it sounds nice though), whereas normally IR adds fills, string harmonies and chords. But sometimes he leaves the song just with the beats for a few seconds. That does not seem to be the case now. Lots of harmonic elements in Vaalmiki, AM, BB etc.

krish244
10th July 2009, 11:27 PM
Arya's first production is titled "Padithurai" with new faces. As anounced earlier, music is by IR.

By the title, it sounds like a masala movie.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/48216.html

thanks,

Krishnan

rajasaranam
11th July 2009, 08:12 AM
Arya's first production is titled "Padithurai" with new faces. As anounced earlier, music is by IR.

By the title, it sounds like a masala movie.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/48216.html

thanks,

Krishnan

I had been reading Suka's Blog (http://venuvanamsuka.blogspot.com/)for the past few months. there are few snippets about the movie here and there, and they dont sound like a 'masala' movie. Whatever, the movie will have a lot of light moments and comedy! 'athukku avar ezhuthum style gaurantee' :)

rajasaranam
11th July 2009, 08:36 AM
:idea: I queried 'Suresh Kannan' (http://pitchaipathiram.blogspot.com/)a famous blogger whether he is going to Direct 'Nanjil Naadan's 'Ettu Thikkum Matha Yaanai' as mentioned by NN in last weeks kungumam. He replied to me saying that, it is a different Suresh Kannan - the son of Nellai Kannan. If SuKa is the short form for the same, then it is confirmed that the movie 'Padithurai' is going to be made out of the novel mentioned herein.
Has anybody here read that novel?

Hulkster
11th July 2009, 01:09 PM
News about IR's Kannukkulley

* A story revolving around the misunderstanding between a husband and wife

* Ilaiyaraaja's songs will have the 80s flavour as requested by the director

* Director is a former asst to Mahendran.

* Sarathkumar to play a guest/important role.

Courtesy of Orkut Hearta from IR community.

Links :

http://tamil.webdunia.com/entertainment/film/featuresorarticles/0907/10/1090710122_1.htm

http://www.dinakaran.com/cinema/gossip/

Hulkster
11th July 2009, 01:11 PM
IR's kathal Kathai

* Has only 2 songs

1) Malare Malare : Ilaiyaraaja
2) Kadukule Nadukkurathey : Karthik

Courtesy of Orkut "Prabhu - Busy" of IR community.

Full-version samples :

Kadhal Kathai (http://sevenmountain.blogspot.com/2009/07/kadhal-kathai-songs.html)

Sureshs65
11th July 2009, 04:10 PM
Hulk,

Thanks for the samples. If there are only two songs, will they release the CD?

Liked the Karthik song. Nice melody. IR's song is also nice but the lyrics have too much, 'in the face' quality. Very similar to 'Kattiluku Mattumdana Ponbala' song of Dhanam (Lyrics wise). Is the lyricist Muthulingam?

rajasaranam
11th July 2009, 06:47 PM
Hulk,

Thanks for the songs :)

Hulkster
11th July 2009, 07:10 PM
No problem guys :D. No idea about the lyricist, but being a velu prabhakaran film you wunt be surprised if he had a hand in them. :?

Hulkster
11th July 2009, 07:17 PM
Kadukkuley Nadukkurathey has such a good flowing tune but the mix of natural ambience(water) and his synth-based orchestration is refreshing. The background ambience has also a very calming tone, like your in the midst of a quiet rainforest. I think this is one of a kind song. :D

Is this the first time thalaivar has used natural ambience as a background rhythm and occasionally as a arrangement? Barring the raa raa gumma song from anumanaspadam.

rajasaranam
12th July 2009, 10:55 AM
Chal Chalein Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgqQ3pMOHig)
Seems like the leftover of 80's courtroom dramas! No Shot or visual makes us sit up. Sad Raaja is getting directors who are still struck in 20th Century :(

Hulkster
12th July 2009, 11:35 AM
It after all got premiered at Cannes so it is not certainly a bad film. It is on the lines of HOPE(Telugu) and might be a stunner.

Hulkster
12th July 2009, 11:37 AM
Chal Chalein to release on 7th August. Soundtrack may be released along with the film or 1 week before. So 1 more soundtrack to wait for. :D

Source : http://www.orkut.com/Main#CommMsgs.aspx?cmm=59839098&tid=5351275602994001833&start=1

The link above is Chal Chalein's official forum in orkut created by their producer.

sudhakarg
13th July 2009, 03:50 PM
Seems like the leftover of 80's courtroom dramas! No Shot or visual makes us sit up. Sad Raaja is getting directors who are still struck in 20th Century :(

No complaints for me if Raja gives his 20th Century music :-)

12bums
14th July 2009, 09:04 AM
Intha padam ellam eppadi Cannes poguthu - the production values all look so amateurish - acting, picturization et al

Hulkster
14th July 2009, 09:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNnNU3T3-8s

Batla Dein from Chal Chalein - Full Song

Courtesy of Chal Chalein Orkut Community

Fantastic rock elements in this song.

raagas
14th July 2009, 09:16 AM

Agreed.. but this is a classic case of interesting subject tackled poorly. The subject is interesting no doubt. just that the execution is more 80s rather than contemporary (although the issue is contemporary). So, IR might have agreed to this listening to the subject.
Regarding music... lets wait... i somehow have some hopes.

Sureshs65
14th July 2009, 10:15 AM
Hulk,

Thanks for the song link. I liked the song. As you say, lot of hard rock elements in the song. The wailing guitars that start off the first interlude is pure hard rock stuff. Typically Raja gives his brand of melody against a strong beat in the charanams. Loved the second interlude, the ending of that lude was surprising. I am sure RS will have a smile n his lips hearing this song :) A very energetic song.

The picturization and dancing were amateurish though. It is definitely not the current MTV material and so I am not sure how much TV time this song will find. Would love to hear it on radio but nowadays radio also plays songs which the producers want to promote and not what the people would want!!!

Hulkster
14th July 2009, 10:33 AM
Well it is a cliched picturisation but it was in the context of the movie i felt. The youtube link says its without dialogues. High chance that this may be like cheeni kum in the sense that it may be scene driven.

rajasaranam
14th July 2009, 11:08 AM
I am sure RS will have a smile n his lips hearing this song :)

:D

The picturization and dancing were amateurish though. It is definitely not the current MTV material and so....

Even the Visuals in Serials of NorthIndian Channels are far superior to this :(
I dont understand what these people learn from their Mentors? Ananthanarayanan from Shankar and ujjwal from SLBansali!

raagas
14th July 2009, 08:21 PM
The song Malare Malare from Kadhal Kathai seems like a rehash of 'idhayame idhayame' from Julie Ganapathy. not just the tune but the whole ambience (sound + tune + ideas). i liked it, but yes, felt the lack of newness. i mean, in a way, it is disappointing. gave me an impression that he was lazy to improvise or give a whole new colour to the song. but then, the song is contemplative (like many of IR's Keeravanis).

Hulkster
15th July 2009, 11:21 AM
Pazhassi Raaja

* Releasing on 15 Aug(Can expect audio release on either next week or atleast end of july).

* Maestro Ilaiyaraaja using Budapest Symphony Orchestra to do both songs and background score.

Courtesy of "Alex.Raaja" of Orkut Ilaiyaraaja Community.

More info in this page.

Pazhassi Raja (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pazhassi_Raja_(film))

rajasaranam
15th July 2009, 11:38 AM
Hulkster,

Long back 'rajaalltheway' a hubber here and a regular at prasad studios wrote that the songs recording for Pazhasiraja was on. Hence now, if BSO is under consideration it will be for only BGM .

There were also talks that 'Resul Pookutty' will be doing the Sound Engineering!

Hulkster
15th July 2009, 11:51 AM
Hulkster,

Long back 'rajaalltheway' a hubber here and a regular at prasad studios wrote that the songs recording for Pazhasiraja was on. Hence now, if BSO is under consideration it will be for only BGM .

There were also talks that 'Resul Pookutty' will be doing the Sound Engineering!

Yup he is the one who is doing sound engineering. That has been confirmed. But they mention that both score and soundtrack has been done with the help of BSO. Well yeppadiyo, we can prepare for Hey Raam no 2.

irir123
15th July 2009, 07:33 PM
FYKI, many of IR's instrumental albums being re-released in newly remastered format!

Recent worldwide release(s) of Ilaiyaraaja's music:

http://www.saayee.com/saayee/soul_core.html (contains remastered versions of IR's 80s hits!!)

http://www.saayee.com/saayee/Thiruvasakam.html

http://www.saayee.com/saayee/Music_Journey.html

http://www.saayee.com/saayee/The_Music_Messiah.html

http://www.saayee.com/saayee/India_24_Hours.html

http://www.saayee.com/saayee/Master_Pieces_Of_Ilaiyaraaja.html

http://www.saayee.com/saayee/Isai_Gnani_Ilaiyaraaja_Hits_on_Keyboard_%26_Sax.ht ml

http://www.saayee.com/saayee/Ilaiyaraaja.html

entertainment
15th July 2009, 11:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNnNU3T3-8s

Batla Dein from Chal Chalein - Full Song

Courtesy of Chal Chalein Orkut Community

Fantastic rock elements in this song.

Nice song. I liked it. Thanks :)

Hulkster
16th July 2009, 06:42 AM
FYKI, many of IR's instrumental albums being re-released in newly remastered format!

Recent worldwide release(s) of Ilaiyaraaja's music:

http://www.saayee.com/saayee/soul_core.html (contains remastered versions of IR's 80s hits!!)

http://www.saayee.com/saayee/Thiruvasakam.html

http://www.saayee.com/saayee/Music_Journey.html

http://www.saayee.com/saayee/The_Music_Messiah.html

http://www.saayee.com/saayee/India_24_Hours.html

http://www.saayee.com/saayee/Master_Pieces_Of_Ilaiyaraaja.html

http://www.saayee.com/saayee/Isai_Gnani_Ilaiyaraaja_Hits_on_Keyboard_%26_Sax.ht ml

http://www.saayee.com/saayee/Ilaiyaraaja.html

This must be the 30 plus albums that they were talking about. :bluejump: If only there was a software that could remaster all of thalaivar's songs in one shot :(

thumburu
17th July 2009, 05:18 PM
Except for the first interlude with guitar, I felt the "Chal Chalein " song is quite ordinary. Wish the other songs are fresh

raagas
17th July 2009, 06:40 PM
Except for the first interlude with guitar, I felt the "Chal Chalein " song is quite ordinary. Wish the other songs are fresh

I second that. It didnt hook me up in any way. Hust hoping that other songs are good.

jaiganes
17th July 2009, 08:49 PM

I second that. It didnt hook me up in any way. Hust hoping that other songs are good.

Try closing your eyes and listening to it... :-)

raja_fan
18th July 2009, 09:20 AM
I agree with thumburu and raagaas. Nothing to rave about that song. Just another "outburst" song like Magalir Mattum title track. The latter was more impressive in its chorus.

rajasaranam
19th July 2009, 12:04 PM
Innaiku Risk edukalaamnu irukaen (http://www.dailythanthi.com/thanthiepaper/1972009/MDSG371472_MDS_ALL.jpg) :D

Sureshs65
19th July 2009, 02:50 PM
Hmmmm, RS. I hope this movie does not spoil your health. Your cigarette smoking is in inverse proportion to the quality of the movie, as per what you said after you saw the Malayalam film 'SMS'. Hope Velu Prabhakaran makes you sit inside the hall thus ensuring you smoke less :)

raja_fan
19th July 2009, 06:17 PM
RS,

Idhukku pesaama rusk saapidalaam :)

fan_ir
20th July 2009, 10:26 AM
Folks, I've uploaded the voice-less(90%) version of AA SRINGARA BANGARA - Prem Kahani . Its shear magic!!

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mgjeitymgmm

krish244
20th July 2009, 10:37 AM
News about Kannukkulley:

http://www.chennaionline.com/film/Preview/July09/40Aparna-at-her-glamourous-best.aspx

One raunchy song is guaranteed!

"'Maestro' Ilaiyaraaja reportedly asked the director about what sort of climax sequence he had in mind. When the latter revealed it, Ilaiyaraaja became very happy and asked him not to worry about the music and the songs. "

"Moovendhar says, "Aparna plays the lead role and has acted glamorously and sensuously in the film. The character she plays (that of the wife) stays away from her husband and there is hardly any physical contact between her and her husband for more than two years. A song has been set in such a backdrop, bringing out her deeply-burnt desire and urge for sex. Aparna has sizzled in the song, which would be a musical as well as a visual treat to the fans." "

One raunchy song is guaranteed! Enna story'o , enna situation'o! Let's see what surprise IR brings in.

thanks,

Krishnan

raagas
20th July 2009, 11:08 AM
News about Kannukkulley:

http://www.chennaionline.com/film/Preview/July09/40Aparna-at-her-glamourous-best.aspx

Now when is this releasing?

IR has pampered me a lot offlate, by dishing out more music and thereby increasing my appetite and want of more. Nankadavul, Nandhalala, Valmiki, Bhagyadevatha, Prem Kahani.... I am sure we will again have a spurt of releases in the coming 2 months. Like Chal Chalein, Pazhassi Raja.. And i still want more albums. Too bad... but cant help, blame it on him :)

raagas
20th July 2009, 11:11 AM
Folks, I've uploaded the voice-less(90%) version of AA SRINGARA BANGARA - Prem Kahani . Its shear magic!!

Boss.. you rock bigtime... by doing this, you have exactly given me what i always longed to hear/dissect/understand - 'what all is happening in the background'. I am sure there are many IR fans are like me, who are trying to decode what all is happening in the background, to understand the chords there, the ideas, the patterns, changes and a plethora of stuff he paints in the background. Thanks a ton. I seriously mean it, thanks a ton, because i always wanted to understand the background chords of this song.

Hulkster
20th July 2009, 11:22 AM
I echo Raagas with a additional quote. I never knew so much things went in the background of this Maestro's composition. :shock: :clap:

Thanks alot fan_ir.

raja_fan
20th July 2009, 01:29 PM
"Moovendhar says, "Aparna plays the lead role and has acted glamorously and sensuously in the film. The character she plays (that of the wife) stays away from her husband and there is hardly any physical contact between her and her husband for more than two years. A song has been set in such a backdrop, bringing out her deeply-burnt desire and urge for sex. Aparna has sizzled in the song, which would be a musical as well as a visual treat to the fans." "

idha thaane daa 30 varushamaa seiyyareenga..idhukku ungalukku IR venumaaa..idiots of the nonsense of the India..

Sureshs65
20th July 2009, 09:35 PM
RS,

Did you end up taking the risk?

Sureshs65
20th July 2009, 09:46 PM
fan_ir,

I join raagas in thanking you for uploading this lovely piece. It is indeed magic. To think that he gets all this in his mind along with the tune at one shot is incredible.

Thanks a ton for this upload. I believe atleast three other songs from Prem Kahani (Kogile, Rangu Rangu, Yaarivalu) have lovely arrangements. "Sringara" is my favorite though.

jaiganes
20th July 2009, 10:56 PM

pure magic - particularly when veena starts playing...

raagas
21st July 2009, 09:07 AM

Can you do the same to some other mindblowing compositions of IR, particularly the ones in which there is an expansive canvas in the background. Infact "Chenduli Chenduli" from Bhaghyada belagara has beautiful bass lines and wonderful lines. it is little peppy too. Can you try that please.

fan_ir
22nd July 2009, 01:23 AM
Thanks to all for the comments. :D

I really wish to work on it. There are only few little songs which comes out good and these are mainly due to the way voice track is arranged. On his post 2000 works, this can be seen unfortunately most of the songs are over dose of Reverb spilling across the tracks which making way for distortion :-(. In some cases, the bass track is eliminated(can't live without it) since it stays close to voice. Nevertheless I've uploaded 4 songs with say 80% voice removed.

Ajantha - Thoorigai Indri
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?koonme2fwzj

Ajantha - Yaarum Thodatha Ondrai
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?m3wmmha3gk1

Ajantha - Yarukku Yarendru.mp3
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wymat5mwdmy

Anumaanaspadam - Mallello Illesi Chandama
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?znhgdzzilzt

raagas
22nd July 2009, 01:38 PM
Thanks to all for the comments. :D

I really wish to work on it. There are only few little songs which comes out good and these are mainly due to the way voice track is arranged. On his post 2000 works, this can be seen unfortunately most of the songs are over dose of Reverb spilling across the tracks which making way for distortion :-(. In some cases, the bass track is eliminated(can't live without it) since it stays close to voice. Nevertheless I've uploaded 4 songs with say 80% voice removed.

Ajantha - Thoorigai Indri
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?koonme2fwzj

Ajantha - Yaarum Thodatha Ondrai
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?m3wmmha3gk1

Ajantha - Yarukku Yarendru.mp3
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wymat5mwdmy

Anumaanaspadam - Mallello Illesi Chandama
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?znhgdzzilzt

Beautiful. Absolutely. I enjoyed Yaarum Thodatha a Lot. Know what, when it comes to Ilaiyaraja music, I am very biased towards the music or non-vocal part of his compositions. With due respects to singers, I personally have a fascination for 'Composition', which means the tune, arrangements, background, intreludes, etc etc. because they all form the contribution of the composer. Voice is the contribution of the singer. My main focus is Ilaiyaraaja and hence i am always hooked to tune,arrangements etc first, instead of voice. The files you are uploading are exactly the ones i want from Ilaiyaraaja. Infact i wished million times, that he created/released non-vocal or instrumental versions of 95% of his compositions. Infact, i dont mind if he takes a sabbatical from accepting bad films and instead spends his time re-doing all his previous songs - verbatim - but in instrumental formats. They are enough to showcase to the world what a worldclass composer he is.
Whatever.. I thoroughly enjoyed your uploads and now i am already asking for more...Greed you see, because you are providing all that is close to what i wanted ilaiyaraaja to provide to us... cant thank you enough.. So, What next? How about Cheeni Kum? :)

raagas
22nd July 2009, 01:41 PM
i suggest a separate thread for these voiceless tracks. what say! :) defnly they dont fit in "new Albums thread", thats why!

rajasaranam
22nd July 2009, 03:40 PM
Chal Chalein Audio was released on 18th of this month :shock:
Here are some video clippings of the songs and music release function.
There are 7 songs in total it seems. We can hear a beautiful lullaby and a track 'chal chal chalke' http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/movies/broadband/13925/index.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNxgzbVRxZY
also search for chal chalein in http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en-in for some more clips on audio release function.

I had a hearty laugh when Udit Naryanan says 'Iliyaraajaajee ke music hai jo apne aap mein ek...(silence not able to get the right words)...jithne bhi tarif karein suraj ko diya dikhane waali baat hogi' :lol: Atleast in the North Indian music/musicians circle he is some thing great and unreachable :wink:

Eagerly awaiting for the audio to hit market or net :D

Some one in orkut official forum of the movie has posted that the CD's are available in Planet M.

Sureshs65
22nd July 2009, 04:25 PM
raagas,

Agree with you. Maybe you should go ahead and open the thread. Hopefully some others will also help fan_ir in this endeavor.

raagas
22nd July 2009, 05:53 PM
raagas,

Agree with you. Maybe you should go ahead and open the thread. Hopefully some others will also help fan_ir in this endeavor.

It would be apt if fan_ir himself opens the thread. Afterall, he was the one who posted some of the tracks and i think he is working on few more too.

irir123
22nd July 2009, 09:40 PM
I had a hearty laugh when Udit Naryanan says 'Iliyaraajaajee ke music hai jo apne aap mein ek...(silence not able to get the right words)...jithne bhi tarif karein suraj ko diya dikhane waali baat hogi' :lol: Atleast in the North Indian music/musicians circle he is some thing great and unreachable :wink:

rajasaranam - i sincerely think, we shdnt yet classify/point out this 'North Indian' thing repeatedly - maybe am wrong, but IMHO, such an attitude reeks of some kindof a complex

IR himself doesnt care and considers everyone from MKT, Papanasam Sivan, Naushad, C Ramachandra, Madan Mohan, Roshan, SDB, MSV-TKR, GKV, et al with equal respect/admiration, irrespective of their regional/linguistic origins!

Plum
23rd July 2009, 11:06 AM
Udit Narayan is actually from Nepal I think. Or has Nepali origins - cant remember exactly.

Bollywood-la sila ostriches who dont want to recognise thavira IR-ku perumai eppovume uNDU. MSV had the same with Naushad. MSV Naushad-ai gurunu sonnaalum, the latter did recognise that MSV was a genius by himself.
Pacchan phamily kooda have respect for IR - ABCL chose Karthik Raja for Ullaasam.

Subhash K Jha maadhiri allakkaigaL dhaan Kamal oru budukku, IR music southish-A irukkunu aLapparai vudaradhu...

raagas
23rd July 2009, 12:31 PM
Plum,

such topics have subjective opinions.. based on different examples, positive or negative. Lets not discuss them. People in the music business - i mean composers - have immense respect for ilaiyaraaja. And few others who are musically inclined and knowledgeable (like Amitabh Bacchan) like him too. thats because of their thinking, exposure and various other factors. Like a (once) obscure bengali composer Shantanu Moitra idolizes IR, despite not being in South. R.D.Burman and Salil Chaudhary admired IR. The respect which composers have for each other is never published because that is personal.If we get to meet them personally, they will reveal such anecdotes that we wonder how flawed we were, in assuming something else, going by their style of music.

People who cannot recognize IR are usually the film-makers, because their knowledge about music is limited.And there are many film-makers who know his music, respect him, but their style of films, subjects and film-making makes them to opt for certain composers.its a certain comfort zone and vibes shared because of association. We cant reason it out exactly.

The great composer of yesteryears Madan Mohan (whom IR holds in high esteem) had a huge collection of Jazz music. But when he composed, he gave classical nuggets and hardly any jazz numbers. How can we explain this?

there is nothing like all ostriches. some are. some arent. not using IR doesnt mean they are.

rajasaranam
23rd July 2009, 12:38 PM
Subhash K Jha maadhiri allakkaigaL dhaan Kamal oru budukku, IR music southish-A irukkunu aLapparai vudaradhu...
Munnadi oru discussion pothu poatta link. Original link work aavala so ingaye padingo...
http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=3541&start=30&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

rajasaranam
23rd July 2009, 12:41 PM
rajasaranam - i sincerely think, we shdnt yet classify/point out this 'North Indian' thing repeatedly - maybe am wrong, but IMHO, such an attitude reeks of some kindof a complex

hmmm... Irukalaam :x

crajkumar_be
23rd July 2009, 01:04 PM
Like a (once) obscure bengali composer Shantanu Moitra idolizes IR,
I heard something of that sort during the release of Parineeta. A vague memory. Could you tell me what he said (if he'd said any such thing in an interview) ?

Hulkster
23rd July 2009, 01:17 PM
Chal Chalein Soundtrack Listing(No Links)
=================================
Movie Name : Chal Chalein
Year of Release : 2009
Producer : Mahesh Padalkar
Director : Ujjwal Singh
Cast : Mithun Chakraborty, Rati Agnihotri, Mukesh Khanna, Anup Soni, Shilpa Shukla, Jaya Bhattacharya, Kanwaljeet

Song : Shehar Hai Khoob
Playback Singers : Shaan, Shreya Ghosal, Krishna
Lyricist : Piyush Mishra
Music Director : Ilayya Raja

Song : Uff Are Tu
Playback Singers : Shaan, Shreya Ghosal, Krishna

Song : Tum Bhi Dhoondna
Playback Singers : Hariharan

Song : Gup Chup
Playback Singers : Hariharan

Song : Jhoom Jhoom
Playback Singers : Sadhana Sargam

Song : Batladein Koi
Playback Singers : Aditya Narayan, Shaan, Shreya Ghosal, Krishna

Song : Chal Chal
Playback Singers : Kavita Krishnamurthy, Aditya Narayan, Krishna

===============================================
http://www.movietalkies.com/movies/movie-musicclips.asp?MovieId=19566

raagas
23rd July 2009, 01:34 PM
Like a (once) obscure bengali composer Shantanu Moitra idolizes IR,
I heard something of that sort during the release of Parineeta. A vague memory. Could you tell me what he said (if he'd said any such thing in an interview) ?

In many interviews, he said he is in awe of IR. Like this for example: http://www.musicindiaonline.com/ar/i/movie_name/7875/3/music_director/291/

or http://www.screenindia.com/old/fullstory.php?content_id=10604

even recently, someone posted a video featuring Shreya Ghoshal and Shantanu Moitra, in which Moitra admitted that he is a diehard fan of IR.

Apart from these, i remember reading an interview of Bhupen Hazarika (composer of Rudali) in which he expressed admiration for IR.Shankar-Ehsan-Loy admire IR (naturally, coz Shankar Mahadevan might have grew up on IR like most of us).Ask SP Balasubramaniam about what RD Burman thought about IR, he will have many anecdotes. North Indian public might be less exposed to IR, but industry circles are not.

raagas
23rd July 2009, 01:41 PM
But then, there are also some music directors in Hindi film industry, who know about IR's genius and refuse to comment about it... because of ego or arrogance or whatever. They just say a cursory "he is great" , but they never bothered to dissect his music and understand the nuances, with knowledge, like shantanu moitra. there are such composers too, i dont want to name them.

Hulkster
23rd July 2009, 02:01 PM
Like the ones who made a living by rehashing his tunes in bollywood? No wonder thalaivar was never interested in bollywood until now.

MumbaiRamki
23rd July 2009, 02:49 PM
CHal CHalein looks like an interesting sound track..even if all the songs are atleast as good as Balta dein , its OK

raagas
23rd July 2009, 02:52 PM
Yes Hulkster. But it was not that he was never interested. or it was not that he was super interested.just that it didnt work out.IR too has grown up listening to all the great maestros from Hindi film industry from C.Ramchandra to R.D.Burman and he himself acknowledged it many times.So,there was no reason for not-being-interested.All the more, when he often went to Bombay for quite many of his recordings.

80s witnessed a dilution of music taste and films in general, in Hindi film industry.there weren't impressive filmmakers.the films were just like what probably some bad tamil/telugu films were. the difference being, those bad films here had good music of ilaiyaraaja (luckily) while there, the music was bad too.If filmmakers didnt look to south (for IR), it was only because of their lack of vision/intellectuality, which explains the quality of their films.So we cant even blame them.A film like 'Mahadev' had music by IR. it was good.but the film was such a dumb one.

I am sure ilaiyaraaja would have created wonderful music, if he had good filmmakers from there.but the good ones like Hrishikesh Mukherjee,Gulzar, Basu Chatterjee have retired, because insensible films were ruling the charts.

Things started changing after mid-90s i think.

Sanjeevi
23rd July 2009, 03:06 PM
CHal CHalein looks like an interesting sound track..even if all the songs are atleast as good as Balta dein , its OK

I 2nd U

Plum
23rd July 2009, 05:10 PM
raagas, I havent said anything different to you. I said bollywood insiders in general have great respect for IR - I said only a few ostriches dont. You are repeating the same thing addressing to me :-)

By ostriches I meant Subhash K Jha and the ilk. SK Jha once wrote a review for IR's music - will never forget that. There are some like him with that attitude.

Hulkster
23rd July 2009, 05:13 PM
I remember one which said thiruvasagam was weird and inane when it released(if i am not wrong it was from rediff). Alot of people asked if there was such a thing called symphony oratorio. The fact is thalaivar had actually created a new idiom for music by fusing both symphony and oratorio.

raagas
24th July 2009, 12:38 AM
raagas, I havent said anything different to you. I said bollywood insiders in general have great respect for IR - I said only a few ostriches dont. You are repeating the same thing addressing to me :-)

By ostriches I meant Subhash K Jha and the ilk. SK Jha once wrote a review for IR's music - will never forget that. There are some like him with that attitude.

oh... i said it because i tried to comprehend what you said in tamil. I dont understand tamil :)

Plum
24th July 2009, 10:02 AM
raagas, Meekku tamil thelevadha? thelisanukoni cheppesA(n). Light theeskondi!

raagas
24th July 2009, 10:23 AM
raagas, Meekku tamil thelevadha? thelisanukoni cheppesA(n). Light theeskondi!

hahahahahah ... impressed!!!

sudhakarg
24th July 2009, 10:34 AM
[tscii:f4b0ab2176]

http://www.hindu.com/fr/2009/07/24/stories/2009072450630200.htm
Karthik Raja’s intelligent re-recording is another asset of ‘AA.’ Delving into interesting classical patterns now and then and making silence in the poignant moments equally telling, Raja Junior scores

A little digression... Any insider information on how much is IR's contribution to his juniors' BGM or songs? Many a times, I've thought .. "wow... this has to be IR".[/tscii:f4b0ab2176]

MumbaiRamki
24th July 2009, 11:03 AM
ada paavigala ..KR yethaavathu nalaa panna adhu IR work ..

IR bad synth irundhaaa adhu KR oda handwork ...

Sanjeevi
24th July 2009, 11:11 AM

Plum
24th July 2009, 12:19 PM
ada paavigala ..KR yethaavathu nalaa panna adhu IR work ..

IR bad synth irundhaaa adhu KR oda handwork ...

:lol: - indha ulagam irukkE...

Hulkster
24th July 2009, 12:45 PM
Ithu yellam vidunga, Any words on Chal Chalein? 1 week and no sight of any sample. I am like a raving lunatic who cant wait to listen.

BTW KR's style of BGM is probably the best after IR IMHO. Like the article said he has very good knowledge of BGM timing. :clap:

Sureshs65
24th July 2009, 02:02 PM
Yes. Where is Chal Chalein? I have been visiting the music store for the last two days and no sight of it yet and no one knows when it will arrive :( Looking forward to atleast some samples.

Hulkster
24th July 2009, 02:06 PM
Orkut comm said planetM, but their official website catalog has nothing about the film. :curse:

raja_fan
26th July 2009, 03:42 PM
http://kisali.blogspot.com/2009/07/blog-post_18.html

IR-kku idhu thevaiyaa ? :(

Hulkster
26th July 2009, 05:32 PM
Yow, naan yedho periya prachanai nu ninaichithen. Does not really matter, thalaivar is well known for being so compassionate that anyone who really wants him to do music is enough to bind him. Ithu thaan avar vanthulirinthu seiyura velai aachey.

Sureshs65
26th July 2009, 10:27 PM
Hulk,

Any news of 'Chal Chalein' album? No trace here in Bangalore yet.

thumburu
27th July 2009, 02:36 PM
Iam glad to find Hariharan's name for a couple of songs in "Chal Chalein". Hariharan, being a highly accomplished Hindusthani classical/ghazal singer, I wish Raja provided the sufficient , rich fodder by way of exquisitely crafted songs for Hari to chew on and not just synth based lame duck excuses of melodies .

Hulkster
27th July 2009, 03:03 PM
Hulk,

Any news of 'Chal Chalein' album? No trace here in Bangalore yet.

I asked their forum and they said it is being marketed and distributed by PlanetM. There is not even a single sight of the album anywhere. Will have to wait for the film if it continues like this :?

app_engine
28th July 2009, 10:49 PM
100 பக்கம் ஆச்சு...யாராச்சும் புது இழை தொடங்குங்கப்பா :-)

continued here: http://tfmpage.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=1858900#1858900