PDA

View Full Version : Airtel Super Singer 2008 - Monday to Wednesday @ 9pm

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Roshan
29th June 2008, 05:15 PM
The long awaited and one of the best competition programs Airterl Super Singer 2008 - would be on from 7th July - Monday to Wednesday @ 9 pm on Star Vijay.

aanaa
29th June 2008, 06:22 PM
w w w.truveo.com/Super-Singer-is-here/id/734272689.

Wibha
30th June 2008, 04:25 AM
The long awaited and one of the best competition programs Airterl Super Singer 2008 - would be on from 7th July - Monday to Wednesday @ 9 pm.

woww...

i never knew super singer continued :o

the old one has given us naresh iyer :P :D :D

Roshan
30th June 2008, 11:18 AM
The long awaited and one of the best competition programs Airterl Super Singer 2008 - would be on from 7th July - Monday to Wednesday @ 9 pm.

woww...

i never knew super singer continued :o

the old one has given us naresh iyer :P :D :D

Yeah Arshu, but that was in Hindi (Star Plus I guess) and this is exclusively Thamizh and it's aired on Star Vijay.

The winner - Nikil Mathew - of Airtel Super Singer 2006, got the chance of singing for Harris Jeyaraj in Beema, but it was 'one off'. He couldnt move beyond that.

Wibha
30th June 2008, 11:22 AM
Yeah Arshu, but that was in Hindi (Star Plus I guess) and this is exclusively Thamizh and it's aired on Star Vijay.

The winner - Nikil Mathew - of Airtel Super Singer 2006, got the chance of singing for Harris Jeyaraj in Beema, but it was 'one off'. He couldnt move beyond that.

nvm i thought it was the hindi one... It was in Channel V don't know if it came in Star plus too or not :roll: :D

ther's one in star vijay too :o wooww :D ARR should come as the surprise judge ;) some youngster/singer will get really lucky :D

Roshan
7th July 2008, 09:43 PM
The program gets underway today 8-)

Timing is good instead of pushing it to the week end.

Roshan
16th July 2008, 11:15 AM
The preliminary selection rounds are on in CBE.

Nice to see Vijay TV providing opportunities to all kinds of people, without sticking to the 'traditional' way of picking up contestants from a particular group/community.

ellAvatraiyumpOl isaiyum ellOrukkum pothuvAnathunnu nilai niRuthum Vijay TV'ku oru sabash.

Ms S P Shailaja carries herself very well and she is such an adorable lady.

Sanguine Sridhar
16th July 2008, 11:21 AM
Roshan,

How is it going? I am missing this program :(

Roshan
16th July 2008, 11:27 AM
Roshan,

How is it going? I am missing this program :(

ippOthAn aarambam - preliminary selection rounds pOyittirukku in the respective areas. At the moment it is CBE.

9.00 pm thAnE - why do you have to miss it?

Chinmayi compering'kum oru Sabash !

Nerd
31st July 2008, 10:25 PM
Deepan chakravarthy :hammer:

Wibha
1st August 2008, 01:54 AM
who is/are the judge(s)

Roshan
1st August 2008, 07:34 PM

Same here :hammer:

Just like a marakkattai - no comments, no expressions and the comments he rarely gives are pretty rude. Professionalism is nil.

Arshu,

Preliminary rounds are on in the respective areas (CBE, Thiruchi and Chennai), They have chosen 16 from CBE and Thiruchi each and the Chennai preliminary round is going on at present. They might go for 16-20 in Chennai and all selected contestants will then go for the next rounds of contest which is happening in Chennai.

In the preliminary round they had different judges for different areas S P Shailaja, Srilekha Parathasarathy, Mathangi, Magathi, etc. The only male judge is Deepan Chakravarthy - and he sucks badly :x

saradhaa_sn
2nd August 2008, 06:11 PM

Just like a marakkattai - no comments, no expressions and the comments he rarely gives are pretty rude. Professionalism is nil.
ஜட்ஜ் என்றால் இவரைப்போலவும் இருக்கக்கூடாது. அதே சமயம் ஒரேயடியாக போட்டியாளர்களுடன் சேர்ந்துகொண்டு, சிரித்து, கைதட்டி, கூத்தடிக்கவும் கூடாது. அப்படியும் சில போட்டி நிகழ்ச்சிகளில் நடக்கிறது. (எங்கே, யாரைச்சொல்கிறேன் என்பது பலருக்குத் தெரியும். இப்போதாவது அவர்கள் திருந்தினார்களா இல்லையா என்பது தெரியவில்லை).

காம்பியர் 'சின்மயி' ரொம்ப அலட்டிக்கொள்கிறார், விஜய்-ஜோடி#1 திவ்யதர்ஷிணியைப் போல. இப்படி ரொம்ப அலட்டிக்கொள்ளும் காம்பியர்கள் நிச்சயம் எரிச்சல் மூட்டுகிறார்கள். அளவோடு பேசி நன்றாகச் செய்யலாமே.

Roshan
2nd August 2008, 07:35 PM

ஜட்ஜ் என்றால் இவரைப்போலவும் இருக்கக்கூடாது. அதே சமயம் ஒரேயடியாக போட்டியாளர்களுடன் சேர்ந்துகொண்டு, சிரித்து, கைதட்டி, கூத்தடிக்கவும் கூடாது. அப்படியும் சில போட்டி நிகழ்ச்சிகளில் நடக்கிறது. (எங்கே, யாரைச்சொல்கிறேன் என்பது பலருக்குத் தெரியும். இப்போதாவது அவர்கள் திருந்தினார்களா இல்லையா என்பது தெரியவில்லை).

காம்பியர் 'சின்மயி' ரொம்ப அலட்டிக்கொள்கிறார், விஜய்-ஜோடி#1 திவ்யதர்ஷிணியைப் போல. இப்படி ரொம்ப அலட்டிக்கொள்ளும் காம்பியர்கள் நிச்சயம் எரிச்சல் மூட்டுகிறார்கள். அளவோடு பேசி நன்றாகச் செய்யலாமே.

Comparing Chinmayi with DD :shock:

Chinmayi is really doing a decent job. She knows what she talks and carries herself well. No unnecessary alattals, shoutings and screamings. Very much simple, down to earth and intelligent. And it's not an easy job that she's doing.

selvakumar
2nd August 2008, 10:18 PM
I saw sunidhi chauhan's interview in a news channel. She was asked to give her opinion on the reality singing competitions in the tv channels.
Sunidhi : NO opinion... There is no reality at all :lol:
<dig> On the whole, her answers were quite good and it is a good interview </dig>

Sanjeevi
2nd August 2008, 11:04 PM
I saw sunidhi chauhan's interview in a news channel. She was asked to give her opinion on the reality singing competitions in the tv channels.
<dig> On the whole, her answers were quite good and it is a good interview </dig>

But Shreya Goshal won't tell like that since she was winner of a reality show (singer) in a hindi tv. That was main reason for Shreya's film entry.

Roshan
2nd August 2008, 11:18 PM

But Shreya Goshal won't tell like that since she was winner of a reality show (singer) in a hindi tv. That was main reason for Shreya's film entry.

Oh ! I didnt know that. I know Naresh Iyer got the break through Airtel Super Singer, but he didnt make it to the final 3 in the competiton. ARR who was the judge to choose the final 3 (out of 5 :roll: ), had told Naresh - 'I've got a good news and a bad news for you- which one do you want me to tell first?' And Naresh has responded 'tell me the bad news first'. ARR said 'bad news is that you are not going to be in the final 3 and the good news is you will be singing for me soon'.

Wibha
3rd August 2008, 07:39 AM

Oh ! I didnt know that. I know Naresh Iyer got the break through Airtel Super Singer, but he didnt make it to the final 3 in the competiton. ARR who was the judge to choose the final 3 (out of 5 :roll: ), had told Naresh - 'I've got a good news and a bad news for you- which one do you want me to tell first?' And Naresh has responded 'tell me the bad news first'. ARR said 'bad news is that you are not going to be in the final 3 and the good news is you will be singing for me soon'.

:yes: i still remember that...naresh was soooo awesome :D :D :D :D he was like so overwhelmed :D :D :D

ARR :thumbsup: :2thumbsup:

selvakumar
3rd August 2008, 01:03 PM
Yup !! :)
<dig> For most of the questions, Sunidhi's answers were :lol:
Small e.g.,
Q : Strangest rumour you heard about you ?
S : That I am going around with Anu malik (EVeryone laugh).
Q : HOw did you take it ?
S : I laughed... come on yaar. he is of my father's age. Please link me with some good looking guy :lol:

Q : About himesh reshmaiyya - genius or ....
S : in between :lol:
</dig>

Sanjeevi
3rd August 2008, 01:27 PM
Sunidhi :lol: a brave girl

P_R
3rd August 2008, 04:51 PM
Sunidhi Chauhan was the winner of the show Meri Awaz Suno on DD when she was 12 years old. I remember following that show back then in the mid 90s and was hosted by Anu Kapoor (I think). It was one of the first reality singing shows and easily on the best till date.

She was heads and shoulders above the competition and defeated a lot of older people. She was a cute little girl but had a grown-up,very mature voice even back then.

Found a youtube clip of her singing (http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=iMTIyKr4ctA).

Roshan
3rd August 2008, 06:55 PM
Who is this Sunidhi Chauhan :confused2:

Is she a great singer? :roll:

selvakumar
3rd August 2008, 07:30 PM

Her offcial website
www.sunidhichauhan.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunidhi_Chauhan
After that interview only, I came to know that she was the one who sang 'Dhoom machalae' :lol: enakkum theriyaathu :wink: Probably others can throw more light

directhit
5th August 2008, 06:59 PM

ippo thaan inga telecast :x :x :x stupid guy - kazhudhaikku ladies dress maati paada anuppinaalum select pannuvaan pola :x :x :x :x :x

Nerd
5th August 2008, 08:31 PM
Deepan's one liners
1. Next time try pannunga (adhu engaLukku theriyAthA)
2. Voice innum sariyA mould aavala ( WHAT?)
3. nallA pAdRInga, innum improve pannunga ( For the selected, ALL of them)
4. nallA pratees pannunga
Nothing useful of course.

The Chennai winners are amazing, especially the girls :clap:

Kalyasi
5th August 2008, 08:33 PM
Deepan's one liners
1. Next time try pannunga (adhu engaLukku theriyAthA)
2. Voice innum sariyA mould aavala ( WHAT?)
3. nallA pAdRInga, innum improve pannunga ( For the selected, ALL of them)
4. nallA pratees pannunga
Nothing useful of course.

The Chennai winners are amazing, especially the girls :clap:

u mean their voice? BTW yaaru intha deepan?

Nerd
5th August 2008, 08:41 PM
rembbba over. Actually one girl (forgot the name) is pretty :P
Deepan is deepan chakravarthy. Famous playback singer (poonkathavE from nizhalgaL). He is one of the judges :sigh2:

Kalyasi
5th August 2008, 08:43 PM
rembbba over. Actually one girl (forgot the name) is pretty :P
Deepan is deepan chakravarthy. Famous playback singer (poonkathavE from nizhalgaL). He is one of the judges :sigh2:

Appo Kandippa paakaren... :P

Oh Deepan Chakravarthi ya... But 1 week I saw SP Shylaja and another lady as judges :roll:

Nerd
5th August 2008, 08:50 PM
DC is the chennai judge, along with sunithi chauhan. Magathi and mAthangi were judges for namba Ooru. SP shylaja and <forgot who> were the kOvai judges. All these are just prelims.

Kalyasi
5th August 2008, 08:52 PM
DC is the chennai judge, along with sunithi chauhan. Magathi and mAthangi were judges for namba Ooru. SP shylaja and <forgot who> were the kOvai judges. All these are just prelims.

oh alright.. thanks nerd for the clarification... inimel regular a paapen nu nenaikaren!!

Roshan
5th August 2008, 10:04 PM

Nerd,

Thats not Sunithi Chauhan - she is Sunitha Sarathy. SP Shailaja and Sreelekha Parthasarathy were the judges in Kovai.

Re DC - enna pEsunAlum orE expression :x

selvakumar
5th August 2008, 10:22 PM
rendu peru paaduratha paarthaen..
Saw the drama that followed.

tv ya off pannittaen :P

Nerd
5th August 2008, 10:32 PM
Thanks for the corrections Roshan!

Roshan
5th August 2008, 10:40 PM
rendu peru paaduratha paarthaen..
Saw the drama that followed.

tv ya off pannittaen :P

Enna drama? I couldn't watch as I am out of town.

crajkumar_be
5th August 2008, 10:46 PM

She is the one who has sung "Sha la la" (Ghilli), "Tana na thanne na" (Kuruvi) in Tamil. Hindi la neraya paattu paadirukkaanga.

Though she is in my acid list, i must admit that she has got an absolutely commanding voice and sings with so much authority and precision.

Sild praadigy.

Roshan
5th August 2008, 11:09 PM

She is the one who has sung "Sha la la" (Ghilli), "Tana na thanne na" (Kuruvi) in Tamil. Hindi la neraya paattu paadirukkaanga.

Though she is in my acid list, i must admit that she has got an absolutely commanding voice and sings with so much authority and precision.

Sild praadigy.

:lol: Mothathula nalla singers ellAm unga acid list'la irukkAngannu sollunga :P

crajkumar_be
5th August 2008, 11:19 PM
:twisted:

selvakumar
5th August 2008, 11:22 PM
:lol: Mothathula nalla singers ellAm unga acid list'la irukkAngannu sollunga :P
NO.. Shreya Goshal is not - I believe :P

selvakumar
5th August 2008, 11:27 PM
vazhakkam pola oru elimination.. oru azhugai.. oru ...... :x ada pongappa

Nerd
5th August 2008, 11:28 PM
I will only watch it tonight. No spoilers please :notthatway: :lol:

selvakumar
5th August 2008, 11:31 PM
I will only watch it tonight. No spoilers please :notthatway: :lol:

:oops:
I don't think I have revealed any secrets w.r.t programs like this :lol: :P

Roshan
5th August 2008, 11:33 PM

Elimination irunthAl azhugai irukkum - quite usual as contestants come with so much hope and aspiration.

Kalyasi
6th August 2008, 07:11 PM

Elimination irunthAl azhugai irukkum - quite usual as contestants come with so much hope and aspiration.

Azhugai ellam drama nu nenaikaren TRP rating a etharathuku!!

Nerd
7th August 2008, 07:18 AM
Deepan chakravarthy was unbelievably awesome today (Last day of the prelim rounds). Or should I say very much tolerable? First time I saw him singing songs, giving useful advices and throwing good suggestions. The little pranks played by both the judges were enjoyable.

P.S. Raagini is extremely cute :P The way she sang the 40s/50s classics was :bow:

Roshan
14th August 2008, 06:25 PM
This week's episodes;

Though all three judges Mahadhi, Mathangi and Shreelekha 'tried' to do their best - judgement'il appappO sothappal irunthathu. With so many contestants it is a difficult task for sure but could have still avoided making some hasty decisions. sila nEram nallA pAduRa pAttukku red light kodukkuRaanga, sumArA paaduRa pAttukku green light kodukkuRaanga and a contestant was bold enough to point it out.

I hope the program will have some better and experienced singers as judges in the coming rounds.

Some contestants are really promising - Mallu guy Sandeep, East African girl Tina, Nerd's favourite Raagini :wink: , Balaji, Ragavendra and a few more. Romba nallA perform paNraanga :clap:

Chinmayi didnt have much to do. AvangaLukku udanadi thEvai oru nalla costume designer. Her costumes, accessories and hair styles suck big time. And her dressing sense is :banghead: :curse:

Nerd
14th August 2008, 11:41 PM
Chinmayi didnt have much to do. AvangaLukku udanadi thEvai oru nalla costume designer. Her costumes, accessories and hair styles suck big time. And her dressing sense is :banghead: :curse:
adhE adhE :lol: Those dresses are not suiting her at all. She looks like a fifth standard kid anyway!

And yes, raginisri is through :victory: chicken pox irunthum arumayaa paadinaanga. I don't think Tina was good in this round. But the way she sang en vaanilE in the previous round was shockingly awesome. But she has the potential. Except that mallu guy other guys are not very impressive. The father-son duo is nice to watch.

On the judges, I don't know anything about meesic and I felt they were OK, if not great. Couple of mistakes here and there...

directhit
17th August 2008, 06:00 PM
adhE adhE :lol: Those dresses are not suiting her at all. She looks like a fifth standard kid anyway!

And yes, raginisri is through :victory: chicken pox irunthum arumayaa paadinaanga. I don't think Tina was good in this round. But the way she sang en vaanilE in the previous round was shockingly awesome. But she has the potential. Except that mallu guy other guys are not very impressive. The father-son duo is nice to watch.

On the judges, I don't know anything about meesic and I felt they were OK, if not great. Couple of mistakes here and there... i felt those brothers (though they look too proud :oops:) were good in their singing. also that balaji (had come in ooh la la earlier) was not bad either. or are u talkin on the guys who have sung till now in this round, inga next week only telecast :sigh2:

Nerd
20th August 2008, 12:29 AM
Yes Anoop the brothers are very good. But their attitude is a turn off. One of them was spot selected yesterday for the next round. Raginisri and another cutie bhargavi have been waitlisted :cry2:

crajkumar_be
20th August 2008, 02:12 AM
Some contestants are really promising - Mallu guy Sandeep, East African girl Tina, Nerd's favourite Raagini :wink: , Balaji, Ragavendra and a few more.
East African-a?

Roshan
20th August 2008, 11:53 AM
Some contestants are really promising - Mallu guy Sandeep, East African girl Tina, Nerd's favourite Raagini :wink: , Balaji, Ragavendra and a few more.
East African-a?

Yeah she is an East African. Have been living in Chennai for quite a sometime. Speaks thamizh well and sings thamizh songs beautifully.

Any updates on this week's episodes? I couldn't watch :(

Roshan
25th August 2008, 11:18 PM
I couldn't watch the program last week and today I saw couple of very good performers - Mallu guy Sandeep, Raagini, Tina being wait listed :o

Sandeep on wait list was a :shock: and when I saw him getting out it was more than a :shock: Dont know what happened to him, he sothapified totally. Over confidence'anu theriyala. His pitching, rythm everything was bad when he sang 'lajjAvathiyE'.

Anyway Raagini and Tina were through :)

I feel there's some kind of favoritism shown for the CBE girl Bavatharini, right from the beginning. Hmm let's see what's going to happen.

Nerd
25th August 2008, 11:31 PM
Haven't seen the episode yet but I am glad that raaginisri (and Tina) is through. Last week, three singers were chosen in random and they were asked to compete against each other singing the same songs. One melody and one folk. One of them was spot selected, another one waitlisted and the remaining singer was shown the door. There were a few exceptions. I did not like that round I thought the whole process was stupid :twisted:

crajkumar_be
25th August 2008, 11:50 PM
Saw a bit-ad of the program. A girl was singing "Thoongadha Vizhigal" (Agni Natchathiram) and i thought she did a decent job. Surprised to see Mathangi and Anuradha Blade Sriram rejecting her...

Nerd
26th August 2008, 12:18 AM
Anuradha sriram? I have not seen her in this edition so far. She was there in the '06 edition.

Roshan
26th August 2008, 12:19 AM
Haven't seen the episode yet but I am glad that raaginisri (and Tina) is through. Last week, three singers were chosen in random and they were asked to compete against each other singing the same songs. One melody and one folk. One of them was spot selected, another one waitlisted and the remaining singer was shown the door. There were a few exceptions. I did not like that round I thought the whole process was stupid :twisted:

Yes it sounds stupid :evil:

Saw a bit-ad of the program. A girl was singing "Thoongadha Vizhigal" (Agni Natchathiram) and i thought she did a decent job. Surprised to see Mathangi and Anuradha Blade Sriram rejecting her...

From where did Anuradha Sriram come :confused2: Was she there last week?

Roshan
26th August 2008, 10:44 AM
Anuradha sriram? I have not seen her in this edition so far. She was there in the '06 edition.

I think Bala got Sreelekha and Anuradha mixed up. Avarukku Anuradha Sriram'na appadi oru piriyam :P

crajkumar_be
26th August 2008, 03:17 PM
Oh :oops: ava illiya... :ashamed:

Nerd
26th August 2008, 08:54 PM
Todays episode orrE the azhugAchi looks like. Saw the ad yesterday. And I m glad that chitra-fan is going out. She was plain irritating :twisted:

Roshan
26th August 2008, 11:37 PM
Todays episode orrE the azhugAchi looks like. Saw the ad yesterday. And I m glad that chitra-fan is going out. She was plain irritating :twisted:

:P

Roshan
27th August 2008, 04:17 PM
BTW Nerd, your comments on most expected Sandeep's (sothappal) performance? :evil:

Nerd
27th August 2008, 07:44 PM

ippO puriyudhu :evil: three much.

Sandeep, his biggest problem is the language. I felt he concentrated too much on getting the words right. He was too much into it that he could not sing the same song in malayalam. Looks like the eldest of the brothers will walk away with the title.

Nerd
27th August 2008, 07:58 PM
Btw, very few people watch this (two to be precise :lol: ) looks like. 9-10 is the prime time for serials in sun tv I guess.

directhit
27th August 2008, 08:01 PM

Sandeep, his biggest problem is the language. I felt he concentrated too much on getting the words right. He was too much into it that he could not sing the same song in malayalam. Looks like the eldest of the brothers will walk away with the title. 8-) yeah his voice and singing is cool!!

selvakumar
27th August 2008, 08:07 PM
Last week, I saw an AD for this. chinmayi crying.. shabba.. cheran azhuratha paartha maari oru effect... :lol:
singing competition ah kooda ippadi serial effect oda nadathanuma :(

Nerd
27th August 2008, 08:14 PM
Last week, I saw an AD for this. chinmayi crying.. shabba.. cheran azhuratha paartha maari oru effect... :lol:
singing competition ah kooda ippadi serial effect oda nadathanuma :(chinmayi :confused2: adhu yEnbA azhanum. She is the host. Must be one of the contestants. oru sila contestants, read cute girls veLiyERum bothu enakkE azhugai varum :oops:

selvakumar
27th August 2008, 08:16 PM
singing competition ah kooda ippadi serial effect oda nadathanuma :(chinmayi :confused2: adhu yEnbA azhanum. She is the host. Must be one of the contestants. oru sila contestants, read cute girls veLiyERum bothu enakkE azhugai varum :oops:
:shock:
naan paartha varai ellam ATTU figure gal aachae :?

She was crying by closing her hands with both hands when a contestant cried after elimination...

directhit
27th August 2008, 08:18 PM
yeah she cried - i saw it sterday. some stupid drama :x :x

Nerd
27th August 2008, 08:22 PM
I think I missed it.

There are a few good ones selva. In fact out of the ~15 girls that remain two are cute. Raginisri and Bhargavi. Here cute = marriage material, that type of girls, not like our actresses :P

selvakumar
27th August 2008, 08:24 PM
I think I missed it.

There are a few good ones selva. In fact out of the ~15 girls that remain two are cute. Raginisri and Bhargavi. Here cute = marriage material, that type of girls, not like our actresses :P
oh :P
seekiram program paarkanum.. perah ellam mind la vachikiraen.
but judges ah irukkira singers ah paartha ella aarvanum poyiduthu :oops:

Roshan
27th August 2008, 11:09 PM

Her performance was not up to the mark and she's got a nasal voice too. But I like her husband's attitude. Very lucky woman :oops: EthanapEr ippadi wife'a encourage paNNuvaanga. She was honest when the judges asked her to judge her own performance.

Today I was very much disappointed. Another favourite of mine Ragavendra was out :( He didnt perform up to judges'(and most of the viewers') expectation :evil: But I still feel that he should have been through. Western style sariyA varalEnnAlum for his lovely voice, the way he sustains the 'shruthi' and for his potentiality he deserves to be given the green light. Style ellAm konjam practice paNNa develop paNNikalAm. Also the judges selected some very ordinary performances and I was kind of :hammer:

Bala,
The girl who sang 'thoongAtha vizhigaL reNdu' is through. Ad'la editing aaLunga kaingaryamthAn adhu. Looks like she is rejected but she is through. She got special applauses from the judges for the unexpected come back.

Sandeep, his biggest problem is the language. I felt he concentrated too much on getting the words right. He was too much into it that he could not sing the same song in malayalam. Looks like the eldest of the brothers will walk away with the title.

True but he is very talented, though he didnt do well in this particular round.

Yeah 9-10 is a prime time for the most popular :evil: serials KolangaL and Arasi :bangcomp:

Selva,

rommmmmmmba mukkiyam :huh: :evil:

Nerd
28th August 2008, 10:53 PM
Raghavendra was shockingly bad yesterday. His smiyaay put me to sleep, seriously. His voice is so much like his namesake harish raghavendra. Let's see how the next round goes.

Roshan
29th August 2008, 12:04 AM
Raghavendra was shockingly bad yesterday. His smiyaay put me to sleep, seriously. His voice is so much like his namesake harish raghavendra. Let's see how the next round goes.

Yeah so disappointing and he was nervous too. No commitment shown at all. But I liked the way he and his dad handled the situation. No big fuss and they departed pleasantly.

But I was not happy when the judges chose some very ordinary performances - specially the girl who sang 'moothavaL nee koduthaai' and the guy who sang "en mana vaanil". Suththa waste rendumE :evil:

Girls are doing better than the guys. the girl who sang thoongaatha vizhigaL reNdu and another girl who sang 'kaNNum kaNNum nOkkiyA' performed remarkably well.

Nerd
29th August 2008, 12:39 AM
Did you check out the promos for next week? The eldest bro singing ponnonRu kaNden-God awesome. Pop shalini is one of the judges. Ennai konjam mAtRi oru song vechikittu over scene. And of all the songs raaginisri has to sing that and that too in front of shalini. I shudder to think of what her result would be :shaking:

I don't know who the thaadi dude is, one of the judges :confused2:

clnarain
29th August 2008, 01:39 AM
Pop shalini is one of the judges

That is not pop shalini. It was malgudi Shuba :-)

Nerd
29th August 2008, 04:56 AM
My bad. Thanks !

Roshan
29th August 2008, 10:49 AM
Did you check out the promos for next week? The eldest bro singing ponnonRu kaNden-God awesome. Pop shalini is one of the judges. Ennai konjam mAtRi oru song vechikittu over scene. And of all the songs raaginisri has to sing that and that too in front of shalini. I shudder to think of what her result would be :shaking:

I don't know who the thaadi dude is, one of the judges :confused2:

Nerd,

Yeah as clnarain said it is Malgudi Subha. Thaadi dude is Sreeram Parthasarathy. He usually does a good job when it comes to judging. Deepan too is there. enna paNNa pOrArO theriyala.

I agree with you on Pop Shalini :lol:

Roshan
1st September 2008, 11:34 PM
This week it's duet round. It wasn't that satisfying. Orchestra was dull. Judges did well except for selecting those two girls who sang chorus instead of duet. kuralA thaniyA pAdi kekkAma, pallaviyOdaiyE - 'you are selected'nu sonnathu konjam nerudal and artificial.

Shilpa, who did very well in the earlier rounds with her western style -badly failed today (western style'la kalakkinavanga melody pAdumpOthu rombavE sirama paduRaanga) and it shows the criteria for deciding the winners in the last round was not a right one.

Febin sang kaNgaL iraNdaal beautifully. other than him, no body (including Raagini) was impressive today. Looks like Raagini is also not good at melodies.

Nerd
3rd September 2008, 09:19 AM
Ravi and Prasanna singing ponnonRu kaNdEn from padithAl mattum pOdhumA - :bow: :bow: :bow: Fantabulous. I don't know music but the way they both sang with minimal orchestration was pure bliss. Ravi is getting closer to the super singer title, no real threats especially from other men.

Ladies are good this round. Bhavatharini is actually getting better after the initial lousy attempts. Raginisri's performance was disappointing, I think she won't get past the waiting list this time. Bhargavi and Renu sang well.

Deepan saar is again a turn-off. Sriram pArthasArathy is excellent, first time I am seeing him judge. All his advises were spot on I felt. Malgudi shubhA is good as well. Her admitting Bhavathirini sang better than her was sweet. Today's program was better than Mondays :)

directhit
3rd September 2008, 09:21 AM
thx for updates Nerd :D Raginisri is gonna go out :cry2:

naan ippo dhaan Chithra fan azhugaachi/Sandeep reject ellam paakarein

PS : US la one week late illaya vijay tv :twisted: or u-tubeing?

Nerd
3rd September 2008, 10:11 AM
PS : US la one week late illaya vijay tv :twisted: or u-tubeing?
I sort of do both :oops: initially I used to watch only a week late but now I simply can't resist. I youtube for this week's episode and watch last weeks in TV. Nothing like watching it in tv.

Don't miss this weeks show. In fact sriram went and hugged Ravi and prasanna after they finished singing. It was that good 8-)

directhit
3rd September 2008, 10:18 AM
tht's :cool2: i liked their singing from the start. Also that Balaji (who quit). Girls - none seem to be that impressive :roll:

Roshan
3rd September 2008, 10:48 AM
Ravi and Prasanna singing ponnonRu kaNdEn from padithAl mattum pOdhumA - :bow: :bow: :bow: Fantabulous. I don't know music but the way they both sang with minimal orchestration was pure bliss.

:yes: the ONLY remarkable performance in this duet round. Ravi and Prasanna were equally good.

Ravi is getting closer to the super singer title, no real threats especially from other men.

Ravi is talented but avaru mike'a tight'A pidichuttu, vaanatha annAnthu pAthuttu, kaNNa iRukki moodi, thoNdaila narambu veLiya thaLLuRa aLavukku romba siramapattu pAduRaar. And he maintains it through out the song, even when singing some simple notes. It's a bit painful to watch. enakku thoNdai valikkiRa mAthiri oru feel varuthu. But Prasanna sang without any such painful efforts.

Febin who sang kaNgaL iraNdaal on Monday is also a notable performer.

Ladies are good this round. Bhavatharini is actually getting better after the initial lousy attempts. Raginisri's performance was disappointing, I think she won't get past the waiting list this time. Bhargavi and Renu sang well.

Bhavatharini koncham better aayittAnga but I really doubt her talents when it comes to melody songs. pAkkalAm. and I think Raagini and the girl (Aruna :roll: ) who sang kaNgaL iraNdaal would be through. And I badly want Chitra fan to get eliminated this time :x

Deepan saar is again a turn-off. Sriram pArthasArathy is excellent, first time I am seeing him judge. All his advises were spot on I felt. Malgudi shubhA is good as well. Her admitting Bhavathirini sang better than her was sweet.

Deepan :evil: As expected Sriram is doing a neat job. Hope he continues through out the program. As usual Subha is enjoyable and her comments are good too.

Today's program was better than Mondays :)

:yes:

naan ippo dhaan Chithra fan azhugaachi/Sandeep reject ellam paakarein

Sandeep's elimination was :cry3: and Ragavendra's was :cry2:

directhit
3rd September 2008, 12:17 PM
Sandeep's elimination was :cry3: and Ragavendra's was :cry2: Raghavendra vum eliminated aah :shock: :evil: suspense ellam pottu udaikkireenga

Roshan
3rd September 2008, 12:33 PM
Sandeep's elimination was :cry3: and Ragavendra's was :cry2: Raghavendra vum eliminated aah :shock: :evil: suspense ellam pottu udaikkireenga

:oops: Sorry Anoop.

But those two eliminations reduced the enthu for sure. Bavatharini, Chitra fan pOnRa average performers ellAm irukkumpOthu ivanga reNdu pErum eliminate aanathu varutham :( But they've got blame themselves for it, as they took it so easy and did not perform to their potential.

directhit
3rd September 2008, 12:45 PM
np Roshan

i didnt like that mallu girl's (chitra fan) singing - i was shocked to see her getting selected. Sandeep lost it coz of his performance. somehow i feel SS Jr had more challenging performers - even Balasarangan, the young kid didnt make it to the finals (though it was biased).
In this season, I also liked one guy who had a kailash kinda voice - they rejected him one round before i guess. used to sing old songs also - forgot his name

and this Balaji has recorded some songs for vijay antony already i guess - http://www.myspace.com/mkbalaji

Roshan
3rd September 2008, 01:13 PM
np Roshan

i didnt like that mallu girl's (chitra fan) singing - i was shocked to see her getting selected. Sandeep lost it coz of his performance. somehow i feel SS Jr had more challenging performers - even Balasarangan, the young kid didnt make it to the finals (though it was biased).

SSJ had really good performers unlike the seniors. Bala Sarangan was good but I thought Roshan deserved more and Roshan was the youngest among all. Heard that Bala Sarangan was the winner in the wild card round but since the first three finalists were males, they wanted to bring in a female contestant as the 4th, and that's how Abarna got selected (she had scored the highest among the female contestants in the wild card round).

In this season, I also liked one guy who had a kailash kinda voice - they rejected him one round before i guess. used to sing old songs also - forgot his name

I dont remember him :roll:

and this Balaji has recorded some songs for vijay antony already i guess - http://www.myspace.com/mkbalaji
Is this this the one who quitted?

directhit
3rd September 2008, 01:32 PM
np Roshan

SSJ had really good performers unlike the seniors. Bala Sarangan was good but I thought Roshan deserved more and Roshan was the youngest among all. Heard that Bala Sarangan was the winner in the wild card round but since the first three finalists were males, they wanted to bring in a female contestant as the 4th, and that's how Abarna got selected (she had scored the highest among the female contestants in the wild card round).

I dont remember him :roll:

Is this this the one who quitted? Roshan was the mallu guy right :thumbsup: he was gooood - yeah and that girl didnt deserve the finals at all :x

guess this guy am referring to sang Veyyilodu and name was Ramesh :?

yeah he is the one who quit

Roshan
3rd September 2008, 02:42 PM
guess this guy am referring to sang Veyyilodu and name was Ramesh :?

I remember now and he sang VeyilOdu reasonably well.

directhit
3rd September 2008, 07:54 PM
yup - poor guy got rejected for pronunciation reasons - dont think it was bad in his first song though :x - the 3 charlie's devils thought otherwise - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSBTl5ibEA0

Nerd
3rd September 2008, 08:02 PM
Anoop do you have raginisri's myspace? :lol:

Roshan
3rd September 2008, 10:33 PM
Today's show :|

Nerd
4th September 2008, 09:20 AM
Ravi is talented but avaru mike'a tight'A pidichuttu, vaanatha annAnthu pAthuttu, kaNNa iRukki moodi, thoNdaila narambu veLiya thaLLuRa aLavukku romba siramapattu pAduRaar. And he maintains it through out the song, even when singing some simple notes. It's a bit painful to watch. enakku thoNdai valikkiRa mAthiri oru feel varuthu.
:lol: But the thing is even professional singers do that. Sreenivas, Karthik etc., I have also seen Kamal doing that (sundari neeyum/virumANdi). Only SPB and Das sing with such ease. I don't know but I think you need to be a singer to understand that.

Yes. Very disappointing but Raginisri is through :victory:
The girls that sang the kaNNum kaNNum kalandhu were good. Deepshika was also good, her voice is so unique. Vipin has such a unique voice as well, sad that he could not get past this round. Out of the 30 that remain 10 of them are useless in my opinion :(

Roshan
4th September 2008, 10:44 AM
Ravi is talented but avaru mike'a tight'A pidichuttu, vaanatha annAnthu pAthuttu, kaNNa iRukki moodi, thoNdaila narambu veLiya thaLLuRa aLavukku romba siramapattu pAduRaar. And he maintains it through out the song, even when singing some simple notes. It's a bit painful to watch. enakku thoNdai valikkiRa mAthiri oru feel varuthu.
:lol: But the thing is even professional singers do that. Sreenivas, Karthik etc., I have also seen Kamal doing that (sundari neeyum/virumANdi). Only SPB and Das sing with such ease. I don't know but I think you need to be a singer to understand that.

I dont think Nerd. Srinivas, Karthik ellAm kashtamAna notes varrappOthAn appadi pAduvAnga. This guy is doing if from beginning to end. In some shows I have seen judges requesting the contestants to open their eyes and keep their heads straight and sing. SPB always says it in his 'ennOdu pAttu pAdungaL'.

Yes. Very disappointing but Raginisri is through :victory:
The girls that sang the kaNNum kaNNum kalandhu were good. Deepshika was also good, her voice is so unique. Vipin has such a unique voice as well, sad that he could not get past this round. Out of the 30 that remain 10 of them are useless in my opinion :(

Yeah as I expected Raagini and Aruna are in. Deepshika sang enna solli beautifully. KaNNum kaNNum kalanthu was nicely sung. And the girls who sang 'thEvathai vamsam neeyO' did well. But I was so disappointed when they chose those girls who sang 'raadhai manathil'. Judges were initially confused and requested them to sing separtely and then again requested to sing another song. ippadiyE confusion'la pOi - kadaisiyila selected'nu sonnathu :evil: They were not at all good. Then that Chitra fan is again in :x I am sad Tina is out. She did perform better than few contestants who got selected - specially the 'raadhai manathil girls and Chitra fan' :x

I could recollect yesterday that the girl who sang azhagAna rAtchasiyE was one of the 3 finalists in SPB's 'ennOdu pAttu pAdungaL' show on Jeya. But in SS she was the last person to get selected for the next round which's got 36 contestants.

As you said out the 36, at least 10 are useless for sure.

directhit
4th September 2008, 10:51 AM
Then that Chitra fan is again in :x :lol:
I am sad the Tina is out. :shock: :cry2:

Nerd
4th September 2008, 09:55 PM
Roshan I think only 30 remain. 38 were there before the start of this round, six were spot rejected, 2 waitlist rejected. MAthangi is the name of the girl that sang azhagaana rAtchasiyE. And raginisri is the winner of EPP season 3 :P

Roshan
4th September 2008, 10:03 PM
Roshan I think only 30 remain. 38 were there before the start of this round, six were spot rejected, 2 waitlist rejected. MAthangi is the name of the girl that sang azhagaana rAtchasiyE. And raginisri is the winner of EPP season 3 :P

Oh yeah I forgot the spot rejected ones. I have hardly seen EPP. thaRcheyalA pArthAthAn uNdu. I have only seen the semi final and finals when Mathangi was participating. That's why it took time for me to recollect. But Super Singer is not going to be as easy as EPP.

PS: Neenga Raaginisri'ya thodarnthu follow paNNittu irukkeengannu ippO theriyuthu :wink: :mrgreen:

Nerd
4th September 2008, 10:20 PM
We don't get jeya TV here. I have just seen the finals of EPP in youtube. appOvE naan note pannittEn :P

I can't digest the selections of raginisri's pair, rAdhai manadhil girls, sherene (chitra fan) and bharathiraja. BR was far from impressive yesterday with azhagaana rAtchasiyE, but he is generally very good, esp. melodies. And I can't digest the rejections of Tina, vipin, shilpa (and her pair) - I thought they sang mudhal mazhai well. Shilpa was particularly impressive in earlier rounds :(

Roshan
5th September 2008, 12:19 AM
We don't get jeya TV here. I have just seen the finals of EPP in youtube. appOvE naan note pannittEn :P

I can't digest the selections of raginisri's pair, rAdhai manadhil girls, sherene (chitra fan) and bharathiraja. BR was far from impressive yesterday with azhagaana rAtchasiyE, but he is generally very good, esp. melodies. And I can't digest the rejections of Tina, vipin, shilpa (and her pair) - I thought they sang mudhal mazhai well. Shilpa was particularly impressive in earlier rounds :(

Ditto. But Shilpa didnt do well with mudhal mazhai. Tina is good and am sure she would have done really well. Raadhai manathil girls'a chose paNNathu is a crime IMO :evil: raathiriyil poothirukkum song pair was much better than them but they were rejected.

But I dont think judges are being biased or doing it purposefully. AvangaLum at times confuse aayidurAnga. Adhaan pirachinai. But Sriram is 8-) He commands respect.

MrJudge
9th September 2008, 12:15 PM
nEththu Sriram-tta pAttu kaththukitta 6 poNNungalla mayil colour pAvAdai potta ponnu looks good. What's her name? anyone knows?

directhit
9th September 2008, 12:22 PM
there are only two good looking girls in the whole of SS - one is Bhargavi and another Raginisri - neenga solradhu second person a irundha Nerd reply pannuvaar :P

MrJudge
9th September 2008, 12:25 PM
there are only two good looking girls in the whole of SS - one is Bhargavi and another Raginisri - neenga solradhu second person a irundha Nerd reply pannuvaar :P

She was sitting in the second place from left.

directhit
9th September 2008, 12:27 PM
we get the episodes one week late :oops: havent seen yet

MrJudge
9th September 2008, 12:31 PM
we get the episodes one week late :oops: havent seen yet

Oh OK. Yesterday I couldn't watch the whole episode. I think I can find out in today's episode.

directhit
9th September 2008, 12:32 PM
aaga motham mayil colour pavadaikkaga SS paakareenga :lol2:

MrJudge
9th September 2008, 12:39 PM

:oops: Yes, she is good. I have seen her in earlier episodes but don't remember her name. But yesterday in that mayil colour pAvAdai she was good.

joe
9th September 2008, 02:16 PM
Since I have been watching "Idear Star singer" in AsiaNet ,when i watch Super singer ,i feel huge difference in Standard and even the programme execution.

I am not just saying since it is malayaLam programme ,there also 60% songs they sung are Tamil songs only.

directhit
9th September 2008, 02:44 PM
<digr> idea star singer - contestants and judges and the singing is a whole new level 8-)
Joe, indha vaaram patheengala - i noticed that MSV gave one girl jus 15 marks when she sang x-machi song and tol he cant relate to the song nor lyrics since its so modern :shock: i honestly didnt expect it from MSV and to add more drama, MG Sreekumar told that he can relate to that since he is of this generation and gave 29 (out of 35) </digr>

Roshan
9th September 2008, 04:11 PM
Since I have been watching "Idear Star singer" in AsiaNet ,when i watch Super singer ,i feel huge difference in Standard and even the programme execution.

I am not just saying since it is malayaLam programme ,there also 60% songs they sung are Tamil songs only.

Is the Asianet program better than SS or otherwise :roll: ?

directhit
9th September 2008, 05:11 PM

:oops: Yes, she is good. I have seen her in earlier episodes but don't remember her name. But yesterday in that mayil colour pAvAdai she was good. its Raginisri, Nerd oda aalu :P

Is the Asianet program better than SS or otherwise :roll: ? Asianet star singer is way way better is what i too felt.

Nerd
9th September 2008, 06:52 PM
Naansansss :twisted: She ain't single judge!

I did not see yesterday's episode. Training session is it? :sigh2:

selvakumar
9th September 2008, 06:56 PM

Naan paartha udanae nenachaen.. Avangalukku nichayam marriage aayi inneram koazhanthai kutti irukkumnnu

Nerd
9th September 2008, 07:00 PM

Naan paartha udanae nenachaen.. Avangalukku nichayam marriage aayi inneram koazhanthai kutti irukkumnnu
Yaarukku? UngaLukku pORAmai :lol2:

selvakumar
9th September 2008, 07:17 PM
avangalukku kozhanthai irunthaa naan aen poraamai padanum :P

Nerd, I couldn't see the program for 5 mins continuously. May be - I don't like to see people singing in these kind of competitions. Sangeetha arivu / viruppam enakku nerya irukkunnu nenaikiraen.. irunthaalum can u give links to the videos that have this girl ... video la yaarunnu sonnalum nalla irukkum :)

Nerd
9th September 2008, 07:37 PM
Oh.. AvungaLa pAkkAmEyE andha comment :twisted:
Will post the links later - no youtube at work :(

littlemaster1982
9th September 2008, 07:47 PM
avangalukku kozhanthai irunthaa naan aen poraamai padanum :P

Nerd, I couldn't see the program for 5 mins continuously. May be - I don't like to see people singing in these kind of competitions. Sangeetha arivu / viruppam enakku nerya irukkunnu nenaikiraen.. irunthaalum can u give links to the videos that have this girl ... video la yaarunnu sonnalum nalla irukkum :)

Raginisri in Ennodu Paattu Paadungal 1 (http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=VeEvCu9kvlo) & 2 (http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=UXMRE9a_q84)

selvakumar
9th September 2008, 07:55 PM
Thanks LM for the links.
Nerd - I think you have lost the rights for criticizing Subramaniapuram swathy.. :lol:

Nerd
9th September 2008, 08:01 PM
Raginisri is prettier than swathy. In fact pretty is an adjective which in no way could be associated with swathy. Half-saree might be the only similarity. I never said I hate half-sarees anywhere :huh:

EPP was an year back. IppO avunga orE western wear dhAn. ReNdumE suit aagudhu avingaLukku.

Rembba digress pannittOm :oops:

joe
9th September 2008, 09:24 PM

No comparision at all ..ISS is too good to compare with SS ..If you have access to Asianet ,try it ,you will know ..(Don't worry ..1 out of 2 songs will be Tamil number) 8-)

Youtube have loads of clip.

Just a sample of one singer Durga (who mostly sing only tamil songs) and got 2nd place last year

http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=xnDxXNRBtDw

http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=hLZnuby7JJk
More than the singing ,the comments and analysis from judges are very interesting ..The orchestra is outstanding :thumbsup:

Roshan
9th September 2008, 11:07 PM
I dont get Asia Net so no chances of watching. However, out of all singing competitions in Thamizh channels, SS stands out and it is quite different. Infact some singers (like Raaginisri) who had won the finals in other competitions are passing each round in SS with much struggle, such is the competition.

Nerd, Raginisri resembles my sister in law a lot.. adhunAla nallAvE familiar aana face'a pAkkuRa maathiri oru feel enakku.

directhit
10th September 2008, 08:05 AM
Ravi singing ponnondru kandaen along with another guy - heavenly :musicsmile: he is defnly gonna be the super singer 8-)

MrJudge
10th September 2008, 08:07 AM
its Raginisri

Thanks man.

MrJudge
10th September 2008, 08:11 AM
Ravi singing ponnondru kandaen along with another guy - heavenly :musicsmile: he is defnly gonna be the super singer 8-)

Yes, it was lovely. Both of them did a great job in that song.

joe
10th September 2008, 08:16 AM

Yes ...Superb :D (though he missed some part of Lyrics)

Then he joined with his brother to sing a song composed by himself ..That also very good. :)

directhit
10th September 2008, 09:13 AM
yeah it was wonderful - thx to vijay tv mon-sun 9 PM is in front of tv- SS/Dance prgm/JN1/Neeya Naana :P

joe
10th September 2008, 10:34 AM
//dig

Sorry ..I can't resist :oops:
Just watch this sample from Idea Star singer... Chinna ponnu singing "Chandiranai thottathu yaar" (Radchagan)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOe-YlqmnMs

..My GOD ..See the Tamil diction of these malayaLees :thumbsup: ,while most of our tamils have problem with tamil diction :D

//dig

directhit
10th September 2008, 07:25 PM
I am sad Tina is out. She did perform better than few contestants who got selected - specially the 'raadhai manathil girls and Chitra fan' :x :exactly: :x :x

crajkumar_be
12th September 2008, 02:52 PM
Ravi singing ponnondru kandaen along with another guy - heavenly :musicsmile:
:exactly:

crajkumar_be
12th September 2008, 02:57 PM
:yes: (haven't been watching ISS for a while now, though)

Infinitely better judging, interesting comments (Sharad's comments are very good) and the female anchor is much better than Chin :razz:

Some of the judgments in SS absolutely outrageous and most of the judges act like imbeciles

No comparision at all ..ISS is too good to compare with SS ..If you have access to Asianet ,try it ,you will know ..(Don't worry ..1 out of 2 songs will be Tamil number) 8-)

Youtube have loads of clip.

Just a sample of one singer Durga (who mostly sing only tamil songs) and got 2nd place last year

http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=xnDxXNRBtDw

http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=hLZnuby7JJk
More than the singing ,the comments and analysis from judges are very interesting ..The orchestra is outstanding :thumbsup:

crajkumar_be
12th September 2008, 02:58 PM
Did anyone see the "western batch" session with Malgudi Shuba.. eagerly awaiting comments....

Roshan
12th September 2008, 04:25 PM
:yes: (haven't been watching ISS for a while now, though)

Infinitely better judging, interesting comments (Sharad's comments are very good) and the female anchor is much better than Chin :razz:

Some of the judgments in SS absolutely outrageous and most of the judges act like imbeciles

:exactly:

Did anyone see the "western batch" session with Malgudi Shuba.. eagerly awaiting comments....

I watched it but enna solRathunnu theriyala :confused2: :roll: Is that song taught by her is all that worthy for a competition ? :roll: And I am not sure if it would be fair to judge the contestants based on that song. paavam, antha teamla uLLavanga ellAm.

I liked Sriram Parthasarathy's session and his Barathiyar song. Deepan session pAkkala.

selvakumar
12th September 2008, 04:38 PM
Naan paarkum pothu MS contestants-ah adi vayithila kaiya vachi etho sound vara vaikka try pannikittu irunthaanga.... :oops: ? ! :oops: neenga atha thaan sollureengalah..

Looks like chinmayi had misunderstood the latest Idayam gingelly oil advertisement. Instead of trying it out in the mouth, she seems to have tried it in her face.
Vivek pajjila irundu ennaiya puzhiyura scene thaan nyabagathukku vanthathu :|

Sanguine Sridhar
12th September 2008, 05:26 PM
Naan paarkum pothu MS contestants-ah adi vayithila kaiya vachi etho sound vara vaikka try pannikittu irunthaanga.... :oops: ? ! :oops: neenga atha thaan sollureengalah..

:lol: I saw that! I missed this show for a while, I will watch it from next monday :P

crajkumar_be
13th September 2008, 01:21 PM

Same piece :rotfl:

Looks like chinmayi had misunderstood the latest Idayam gingelly oil advertisement. Instead of trying it out in the mouth, she seems to have tried it in her face.
Chinmayee :hammer:

Nerd
13th September 2008, 11:25 PM

Yes ...Superb :D (though he missed some part of Lyrics)

Then he joined with his brother to sing a song composed by himself ..That also very good. :)
Here it is - http://megavideo.com/?v=WOXSEK4C :P

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:04 am Post subject:
//dig

Sorry ..I can't resist Embarassed
Just watch this sample from Idea Star singer... Chinna ponnu singing "Chandiranai thottathu yaar" (Radchagan)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOe-YlqmnMs

..My GOD ..See the Tamil diction of these malayaLees Thumbs Up! ,while most of our tamils have problem with tamil diction Very Happy

//dig
The girl is good, the way she started and ended the song was God-awesome (Ho... ho hoh). The orchestration :shock: :clap: A dumb band is playing for ASS. Joe, please link us to such videos in ISS (Tamil songs only :P )

I liked Sriram Parthasarathy's session and his Barathiyar song. Deepan session pAkkala.
I just saw Deepan's session. His song was quite OK. So the contestants are going to sing the songs that were taught to them next week is it?? :sigh2:

Bhargavi was gorgeous in a half-saree :oops:

Roshan
15th September 2008, 08:19 AM

Same piece :rotfl:

But that was fine I thought. She was insisting that for a song like that (and for most western songs) the sound should come from the stomach and not from the throat. But most of the contestants were struggling to do that. Oru poNNukku volume kootti aa'nu sattham pOdunnu sonnA - antha poNNu shruthiya koottikittE irunthuchu. She couldn't bring out what MS wanted.

Chinmayee :hammer:

She keeps testing us with her outfits and makeup.

directhit
15th September 2008, 08:52 AM
Bhargavi was gorgeous in a half-saree :oops: good signature :P

Nerd
15th September 2008, 07:40 PM
Bhargavi was gorgeous in a half-saree :oops: good signature :P
:lol: good one.

Recently discovered that the maya who has been singing so many songs of late is the same maya who was the finalist in ASS '06. Nikil can't get past enathuyirE!

Nerd
16th September 2008, 08:41 AM
:victory: We won't see that irritating chitra fan anymore!!! Ravi was far from impressive today. The ONLY impressive ferformansss was from the other Bhargavi! Our favorite cuties haven't had the oppurtunity to sing yet. Looking forward..

joe
16th September 2008, 09:37 AM
Joe, please link us to such videos in ISS (Tamil songs only :P )

Will do Nerd .I will collect all possible links and provide. :)

Sanguine Sridhar
16th September 2008, 09:43 AM
:victory: We won't see that irritating chitra fan anymore!!! Ravi was far from impressive today. The ONLY impressive ferformansss was from the other Bhargavi! Our favorite cuties haven't had the oppurtunity to sing yet. Looking forward..

Yes, kanna mooditu ketta S.P.B Charan voice maadhri irruku.

I totally disagree with some of the choices by the judges like why they have selected Swathy? To me her voice is below average but they have kept Sakthi Loganathan in WL and have rejected Sherin George who has done a decent job in the second song [ninukori varanum]. :roll:

Sanguine Sridhar
16th September 2008, 09:44 AM

:lol2:

piriyamana ponnai rasikalam! thappiley... :wink:

Nerd
16th September 2008, 07:01 PM
:oops: tottttal damaage. I will wait for my opportunity :twisted:

Maams, you are right. Ravi's voice is similar to SPBC's. But he was extremely good in all the previous rounds. He was selected yesterday purely based on past performance I think. That sherin is the chitra fan, she wasn't that good in the previous rounds and she deserved to go. Swathy was OK in the first song. Sakthi some rekamandesan I think, he is from a family of singers. He does not even deserve a place in the final 30.

salaam_chennai
16th September 2008, 09:57 PM
Raginishri selected. :)

//dig
she was gorgeous in half saree
//dig

Nerd
16th September 2008, 10:55 PM

//dig
//dig
aahaa ethana pEr :lol:

Sanjeevi
17th September 2008, 01:08 AM

:lol2:

piriyamana ponnai rasikalam! thappiley... :wink:

:oops: tottttal damaage.

:lol: :lol:

Sanguine Sridhar
17th September 2008, 09:27 AM

//dig
//dig
aahaa ethana pEr :lol:

appram, eppo treat? :lol2: :wink:

Nerd
17th September 2008, 07:00 PM
maams, SS win pannina udanE. Sriram saar commented thus: she is the most exceptional singer in the lot!!! Yesterday's program was also unimpressive. Only the girl that sang last (madhumitha??) was good.

Sanguine Sridhar
18th September 2008, 09:39 AM
Prasanna got rejected :shock: . They said the his voice was not unique :hammer:

Final 20 is ready for the big show! 8-) adhula oru 4-5 thaan therum :lol2:

crajkumar_be
18th September 2008, 01:08 PM
This program has largely been a farce and Sriram Parthasarathy is a nut-case, more so because he is not some average Murugan like us but a professional singer.

Shockers - Prasanna thrown out because allegedly he tries to "imitate" some singer and one girl who gave a very ordinary performance (her second song was some item song from Sachein) was spot selected amidst celebrations by the judges.

The respite will come only when the audience voting takes over. While most popular may not mean most deserving, i guess it will be much better than this farce.

Nerd
18th September 2008, 08:31 PM

illiyE, 2.5 dhhan thERudhu :lol2:

Prasanna's exit was shocking, one among the numerous atrocious decisions this round. But I felt madhumitha (??) who sang the sachein item number deserved to be selected. She sang the first song very well!!

Roshan
19th September 2008, 01:20 AM

illiyE, 2.5 dhhan thERudhu :lol2:

Prasanna's exit was shocking, one among the numerous atrocious decisions this round. But I felt madhumitha (??) who sang the sachein item number deserved to be selected. She sang the first song very well!!

Madhumitha was good IMO. Prasanna's exit was shocking but he didnt perform well in this round. But the reason given was not a right thing. Chinmayi mAthiri imitationleyE kaalathula kadathuRa singers vechuttu ivanga ippadiyellAm pEsakoodaathu.

It was shocking to see the judges putting Bava Dharini on wait list when her performance was extremely bad. Outrightly reject paNNi irukkaNum :evil: Anyway glad that she is out finally. I missed Ravi's performance but his brother Hari's was not impressive at all. His first song was extremely flat, but he got selected :x Ravi, His Brother, Sakthi Loganathan, Bava Dharini, Raadhai manathil girl (forgot her name) ivangaLukkellA ekka chakkamA favour paNRaanga. MS is hardly critical with her comments :x

Ajish, Rohith, Madhumitha and few others were ok. The production team has to do some drastic changes to the whole program to make it watchable. Compared to the previous SS shows and other competition programs on Vijay, this program is below standard.

Sanguine Sridhar
19th September 2008, 09:59 AM
[tscii:6732891880]Yeah, their comments too, it’s extremely irritating.

“enna oru control-la” “indha kozhandha voice avvalo clear-a irruku” ivvalo sollitu they will put him / her on the waiting list. :hammer:

But honestly except Ravi and Nerd’s favorite lady [ :lol2:] mostly others are below average. Some of them are even worst. :x
[/tscii:6732891880]

Nerd
19th September 2008, 07:24 PM
I think about 5-6 are very good. We are going to have new judges from next week, hopefully they do a better job!

Sanjeevi
19th September 2008, 07:34 PM
pls tell me when Vijay TV retelecasts this programme

Sanguine Sridhar
19th September 2008, 09:01 PM
pls tell me when Vijay TV retelecasts this programme

I think Saturday/Sunday afternoon.

sudupmi
23rd September 2008, 02:51 PM
Hi,

i saw renu performance, its really good. She is very good at "munbaey va...." song, as judges said, renu.... had a nice, unique voice and great involvement. Renu should be confident for rest of the levels...

Renu will definitely have place..... All the best renu...
:2thumbsup:

directhit
24th September 2008, 06:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0nVobdOdDA

selvakumar
24th September 2008, 07:10 PM
Srinivas and Unni krishnan are going to the new judges.

Nerd
25th September 2008, 09:06 AM
Anoop sir, engEyO pOittInga :bow:
No change in both including the voice and its been seven years !!

directhit
25th September 2008, 09:19 AM
//selva - nice avatar :D //

Nerd - aal maathiyacha :P and sir :?

Nerd
25th September 2008, 07:24 PM
I am still confused between the two.. Aanaa raginisri retro costume youtube-la pAthu off aayittEn. Haven't seen the whole thing, will watch it in TV next week. Btw, why the heck are they doing all these?waste of time and its very boring.

Sir - enna irunthAlum neenga sir, illiyA :P

directhit
25th September 2008, 07:27 PM
confused :lol: yeah me too jus saw her costume in promos :sigh2:

littlemaster1982
25th September 2008, 08:02 PM
I am still confused between the two.. Aanaa raginisri retro costume youtube-la pAthu off aayittEn. Haven't seen the whole thing, will watch it in TV next week. Btw, why the heck are they doing all these?waste of time and its very boring.

Sir - enna irunthAlum neenga sir, illiyA :P

Nerd,

Raginisri-yai andha sigappu dress-la paarthadhum unga gnaabagamdhan vandhudhu :mrgreen:

crajkumar_be
25th September 2008, 08:05 PM
Srinivas and Unni krishnan are going to the new judges.
Thanks heavens

Nerd
25th September 2008, 08:17 PM
LM, avungaLukkum en nyaabagam dhaanaam :yes:

selvakumar
25th September 2008, 10:33 PM
//selva - nice avatar :D //
:ty: :D

Sanguine Sridhar
26th September 2008, 01:38 PM
Slowly this thread turning as Raginisri's jollu thread! :twisted:

Yes she looked great in that red saree! :roll:

crajkumar_be
29th September 2008, 10:32 PM
Why the f does Chinmayee sign off saying 'shabbakhair' at the end of every episode :hammer:

ajithfederer
29th September 2008, 10:34 PM
Nenappu polappai kedukum :rotfl:

LM, avungaLukkum en nyaabagam dhaanaam :yes:

Nerd
30th September 2008, 12:41 AM
adhu pala dhadava keduthirukku :smokesmile:

What's sabbakher actually? Good bye in Urdu/Arabic??

Nerd
30th September 2008, 09:35 AM
:notthatway: suthamA suit aavala.. EKRI :banghead:

directhit
30th September 2008, 09:49 AM
:notthatway: suthamA suit aavala.. EKRI :banghead: evalo solli paathutten ketta dhaane :(

crajkumar_be
30th September 2008, 01:40 PM
adhu pala dhadava keduthirukku :smokesmile:

What's sabbakher actually? Good bye in Urdu/Arabic??
Yeah good night...

equanimus
30th September 2008, 01:53 PM
Why the f does Chinmayee sign off saying 'shabbakhair' at the end of every episode :hammer:
Bala,
edhukkeduththAlum Chinmayeevai izhuththA eppadi..?! (To be read like you-should-know-how.)

crajkumar_be
30th September 2008, 05:22 PM
Bala,
edhukkeduththAlum Chinmayeevai izhuththA eppadi..?! (To be read like you-should-know-how.)
yaaraaga irundhaalum "list"la vandhutta no escape :twisted:

Roshan
30th September 2008, 08:50 PM
Bala,
yaaraaga irundhaalum "list"la vandhutta no escape :twisted:

But avar Kamal fan aaga irukkum patchathil ... ....? :P

crajkumar_be
30th September 2008, 10:09 PM
But avar Kamal fan aaga irukkum patchathil ... ....? :P
vera enna.. "inga Chandru Chandru nu oru manasthan irundhaane" dhaan :razz:

viraajan
1st October 2008, 08:41 PM
Yesterday only, i watched it for the first time.

Barkavi or parvathi ( :roll: ) was really great :wow:

I hope she clears the final :yes:

Nerd
1st October 2008, 08:47 PM
Saw only Bhargavi's flashback yesterday. She is just 17 :oops: I must take back all my comments on her. Haven't seen raaginisri's flashback yet. Last week's episode, EKSI :banghead: Never knew vijayalakshmi is a model.

Sanguine Sridhar
1st October 2008, 11:15 PM
Saw only Bhargavi's flashback yesterday. She is just 17 :oops: I must take back all my comments on her. Haven't seen raaginisri's flashback yet. Last week's episode, EKSI :banghead: Never knew vijayalakshmi is a model.

Indha payyana ellarum paarungalen, eppo paathalum ponnu ponnu-tu :omg:

Roshan
2nd October 2008, 08:38 AM

I have not seen the program for the last two weeks. And Nerd, who is this Bhargavi? except Raginisri and Madhumitha I am finding difficult to figure out any of the female contestants in the 20 list.

BTW is Ravi out of the 20?

directhit
2nd October 2008, 08:56 AM
no - both Ravi and Hari are in the 20

this is bhargavi in one of the programs some years back

Roshan
2nd October 2008, 09:57 AM
no - both Ravi and Hari are in the 20

this is bhargavi in one of the programs some years back

Thanks Anoops. Now I am able to figure out. Madhumitha is also there. Chinna vayasula irunthE niRaiya contests'la paadi anubavatta aaLungannu theriyuthu.

Roshan
2nd October 2008, 10:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TehA7G41O5A&NR=1

SSJ finalists Sai and Vignesh in Super Singer Celebrity round of 2008 SS. Vignesh's voice has changed drastically :o I spoke to him over the phone two weeks ago and he sounded so different. paadumpOthu innum different'a irukku. 'Voice break Aguthu ..shruthi maintain paNRathu koncham kashtamA irukku' appadinnu sonnAn. But still he sings well.

littlemaster1982
6th October 2008, 09:55 PM
Raginisri sung Kannathil Muthamittaal title song. She was excellent :thumbsup: Aana, ammani makeup-dhaan :oops:

Roshan
6th October 2008, 10:54 PM
Raginisri sung Kannathil Muthamittaal title song. She was excellent :thumbsup: Aana, ammani makeup-dhaan :oops:

Very sorry - she was not at all impressive. As Unni said - lack of confidence was too obvious and high pitch'la kural kammi it was all kind of messy. Her voice limits her choices. She cannot sing melodies properly for sure. kuthu pAttu or western thaan sari - mostly western.

Ravi too was not impressive with oru maalai. He's voice isn't that soothing and nice. ippO ozhungAna set'la - nalla nalla sound system'oda pAdumpOthuthAn theriyuthu.

Santhosh was also not good.

Let us see how others perform. It's going to be tough with Unni around. He usually looks for complete performance.

PS: Nikil Mathew and Anitha sang - valaiyapatti very well but the junior super singers - Vignesh, Sai and Krishnamoorthy without any doubt stole the show - with their awesome performance of 'taxi taxi' Chance'E illa :clap:- to me the singing sounded slightly better than the original.

Nerd
7th October 2008, 08:42 AM
Raginisri got the best feedback out the three that sang today :smokesmirk:

Roshan
7th October 2008, 09:25 AM
Raginisri got the best feedback out the three that sang today :smokesmirk:

I thought Santhosh got the best feedback. Confident'a eppadi present paNRathunnu Santhosh kitta kathukunga appadinnu vERa Raagini'ku oru comment koduthaanga and the audience started cheering for Santhosh.

Nerd
7th October 2008, 09:59 PM
There were some technical flaws with santosh (pitching) but the judges could find such flaws with raginisri!! they also heaped praises on her. Only low was the confidence level. Also santosh ain't good at all, doesn't even deserve a place in the top 20!!

littlemaster1982
7th October 2008, 10:12 PM
There were some technical flaws with santosh (pitching) but the judges couldn't find such flaws with raginisri!! they also heaped praises on her. Only low was the confidence level. Also santosh ain't good at all, doesn't even deserve a place in the top 20!!

And the song she sung is a tough one. Even Jayachandran told that it is one of the toughest songs he sung (in an interview).

Roshan
7th October 2008, 10:22 PM
There were some technical flaws with santosh (pitching) but the judges could find such flaws with raginisri!! they also heaped praises on her. Only low was the confidence level. Also santosh ain't good at all, doesn't even deserve a place in the top 20!!

And the song she sung was a tough one. Even Jayachandran told that it is one of the toughest songs he sung (in an interview).

ethukku tough one chose paNNanum? viralukku thakka veekkam irukkanum. Judges are not going to get impressed just because you chose a tough one. I think there are one or two female performers who are much better than raginisri. Ranjani was good today. She sings well without much effort. And Hari to some extent was good today - little better than his bro's performance. BUt overall very disappointing performances. Adhula at least 5 pErAvathu tope 20ku thEra thaguthi uLLavangaLaanu doubt'a irukku. Bargavi's performance was a waste.

I saw tomorrow's clipping and one girl ( i forgot her name) sings nAnE nAnA yArOthAnA beautifully. THe problem with almost all contestants are the choice of their songs.

Nerd, santhos is bad i know but the judges' comments were good for him this time - whether he deserves it or not is a different thing.

PS: Super singer junior Vignesh rocked with ponmagaL vanthaaL. Chinna pasanga pAduRathula oru 20% aavathu periyavanga paNNa nallA irukkum.

littlemaster1982
7th October 2008, 10:33 PM

And the song she sung was a tough one. Even Jayachandran told that it is one of the toughest songs he sung (in an interview).

ethukku tough one chose paNNanum? viralukku thakka veekkam irukkanum. Judges are not going to get impressed just because you chose a tough one.

I meant to say she was quite good eventhough it is a tough song. As Nerd said, the judges didn't find any technical flaws (Unni said she could have done better with some sangadhis, thats it). Generally they were really appreciative about her singing.

I was actually surprised when you said she was not good at all. Well, opinions differ :D

Roshan
7th October 2008, 10:37 PM

ethukku tough one chose paNNanum? viralukku thakka veekkam irukkanum. Judges are not going to get impressed just because you chose a tough one.

I meant to say she was quite good eventhough it is a tough song. As Nerd said, the judges didn't find any technical flaws (Unni said she could have done better with some sangadhis, thats it). Generally they were really appreciative about her singing.

I was actually surprised when you said she was not good at all. Well, opinions differ :D

Given all the build up - she was not good at all. Naanum niRaiya ethirpArthEn and she was dissapointing even in the previous two rounds. And her voice doesnt go well with melodies and she's definitely got limitations there.

Roshan
7th October 2008, 10:40 PM
Anyway LM, have you seen today's episode?

littlemaster1982
7th October 2008, 10:45 PM
No, didn't see it. Anything special :D

Roshan
7th October 2008, 11:01 PM

Nothing special - except Vignesh's 'ponmagaL vanthAL'. Get me the link if it is uploaded in the net. And you too watch it. RombavE nallA irunthuch as he covered all three - Aslam, the rap and TMS bit all by himself - without much effort. It was very good singing. nEthu taxi taxi'um nallA irunthuchu.

Out of the contestants - Ranjani was good. mathathellAm sumAr casethAn.

littlemaster1982
7th October 2008, 11:06 PM

Nothing special - except Vignesh's 'ponmagaL vanthAL'. Get me the link if it is uploaded in the net. And you too watch it. RombavE nallA irunthuch as he covered all three - Aslam, the rap and TMS bit all by himself - without much effort. It was very good singing. nEthu taxi taxi'um nallA irunthuchu.

Out of the contestants - Ranjani was good. mathathellAm sumAr casethAn.

:shock: Will catch it in youtube soon and give the link too. Thanks for the pointer :D

Roshan
8th October 2008, 10:46 PM
Any body who saw the program today? How far it is fair to bring back 6 male contestants who got eliminated in the last two rounds and select 4 out of them, just because the final 20 had more female contestants? It is a competition and decision has to be based on talent rather than gender. I am glad some of the deserving people like Prasanna, Vibin got another opportunity and are back in the contest. But it is an extremely unfair process :bangcomp: I couldnt help thinking of Tina when Vibin got selected. She deserves it as much as Vibin.

PS: Deepshika sang nAnE nAnA well. She's got a nice voice. Madhumitha was good too. mathathellAm sumAr case thAn.

Nerd
8th October 2008, 10:57 PM
EKSI :banghead: Havent seen todays ( and yesterday's too) But this is 333 much.

Yes, deepshika is an awesome singer. She sang aalayamaNi very well last week :clap:

selvakumar
8th October 2008, 11:12 PM
Any body who saw the program today? How far it is fair to bring back 6 male contestants who got eliminated in the last two rounds and select 4 out of them, just because the final 20 had more female contestants? It is a competition and decision has to be based on talent rather than gender. I am glad some of the deserving people like Prasanna, Vibin got another opportunity and are back in the contest. But it is an extremely unfair process BangComp I couldnt help thinking of Tina when Vibin got selected. She deserves it as much as Vibin.

Ithenna Maanaada Mayilaada maari irukku :lol: :lol:

Nerd
9th October 2008, 09:05 AM
raaginisri is 19,... only two years difference :yes: :victory:

directhit
9th October 2008, 09:12 AM
b/w Bhargavi and Raginisri to clear any confusions :P

and btw rendu peru age um kootunaa unga age vera varudhu :thumbsup: :yessir:

Roshan
9th October 2008, 09:22 AM
Any body who saw the program today? How far it is fair to bring back 6 male contestants who got eliminated in the last two rounds and select 4 out of them, just because the final 20 had more female contestants? It is a competition and decision has to be based on talent rather than gender. I am glad some of the deserving people like Prasanna, Vibin got another opportunity and are back in the contest. But it is an extremely unfair process BangComp I couldnt help thinking of Tina when Vibin got selected. She deserves it as much as Vibin.

Ithenna Maanaada Mayilaada maari irukku :lol: :lol:

Yes antha mAthirithAn irukku. And on what basis did they chose those 6 is a big question, because there were some more (male) contestants who got eliminated in the last two rounds. I got pretty mad when I saw Shakthi Loganathan there. As said, there's some influence this guy's got and there were some who were much better than this guy. But thankfully he got rejected. Every body was supposed to perform for just 1 min in one attempt. Shakthi guy was the first to start and he messed it up. Later the judges requested Shakthi and Prasanna to sing again. I was taken by surprise because Prasanna sang 'poojaikkAga vaazhum poovai' very well and Srinivas and Unni were quite impressed and Srinivas was saying ' ungaLa maathiri inthaLavu breath controlOda thodarnthu pAda ennAla mudiyAthu'. I think the motive was to give Shakthi another chance and just to avoid making it obvious they clubbed Prasanna with him. But Shakthi made a fool out of himself - he wanted to sing 'avaLoru navarasa naadagam' , attempted thrice and couldn't get the right scale and he tried to sing again but Shrinivas interrupted and firmly said to stop as they got the idea (of what he's all about). And that was the end of his story.

But it is extremely unfair. IthE male athigamA irunthu female kammiyA irunthA paNNi iruppAngaLaa? Anyway no point complaining, still it's a men's world and now I understand well, why the organisations who address women's rights issues are advocating positive descrimination against men. Intha mAthiriyAna seyalukku adhuthAn orE vazhi.

directhit
9th October 2008, 09:25 AM
But it is extremely unfair. IthE male athigamA irunthu female kammiyA irunthA paNNi iruppAngaLaa? Anyway no point complaining, still it's a men's world and now I understand well, why the organisations who address women's rights issues are advocating positive descrimination against men. Intha mAthiriyAna seyalukku adhuthAn orE vazhi. Roshan - not to complaint or reject any of ur opinions. agree with em. but isn't what they did in the SS juniors?! bringining in that girl in place of another young kid (bala sarangan) who sang well jus coz there was no girl in the mix :?

Roshan
9th October 2008, 09:25 AM
raaginisri is 19,... only two years difference :yes: :victory:

:o I thought she is around 25.

Roshan
9th October 2008, 09:26 AM
But it is extremely unfair. IthE male athigamA irunthu female kammiyA irunthA paNNi iruppAngaLaa? Anyway no point complaining, still it's a men's world and now I understand well, why the organisations who address women's rights issues are advocating positive descrimination against men. Intha mAthiriyAna seyalukku adhuthAn orE vazhi. Roshan - not to complaint or reject any of ur opinions. agree with em. but isn't what they did in the SS juniors?! bringining in that girl in place of another young kid (bala sarangan) who sang well jus coz there was no girl in the mix :?

That's only a rumour anoop and we dont know what exactly happened but here it was all staged. Adhu nejemA irunthAlum adha open'a avangaLaala solla mudiyala because it was related to female - idhu male enguRathAla - thairiyamA paNrAnga. Eppai pArthAlum it's unfair.

directhit
9th October 2008, 09:28 AM
oh ok - i thought they do all this for the voting anyways

Roshan
9th October 2008, 09:40 AM
oh ok - i thought they do all this for the voting anyways

Anoop, I also have problems with how they selected these 6 people when there were some more male contestants - who were better than Shakthi Loganathan.

directhit
9th October 2008, 10:52 AM
true - some stupid guys are all in the finals. kaasu vilayadum pola :( i still wish that guy who sung veyyilodu vilayadi came in. anyways happy prasanna came - he's better than few others in the earlier 20

Roshan
9th October 2008, 11:31 AM
true - some stupid guys are all in the finals. kaasu vilayadum pola :( i still wish that guy who sung veyyilodu vilayadi came in. anyways happy prasanna came - he's better than few others in the earlier 20

Prasanna is really good and versatile too. I dont think any body would have expected the judges to request him to sing again in order for them to make a decision. He himself said to Chinmayi on stage - 'naan second time pAda solvaangannu ethirpArkkavE illa'.

And I still wish Ragavendra and Sandeep were in.

directhit
9th October 2008, 11:42 AM
i liked Raghavendra :D who is sandeep :roll: forgot

Roshan
9th October 2008, 11:47 AM

:o neengaLE maRanthA eppadi? It is that Mallu guy.

salaam_chennai
11th October 2008, 01:24 PM
Didnt see Super Singer for the past 2 weeks. By any chance did a guy called Silambarasan one among the 4 who got selected.

He sang "ilangAtru veesuthE" once and it was too good. out of the world.

Instead of re-telecasting Jodi No 1 on Sunday, they can re-telecast Super Singer.

Roshan
11th October 2008, 10:32 PM
Didnt see Super Singer for the past 2 weeks. By any chance did a guy called Silambarasan one among the 4 who got selected.

There was no body called Silambarasan if I remember correct. Shakthi Loganathan, Febin, Vibin, Prasanna, Gobala Krishnan and another guy (but he is not Silambarasan)

BTW, the third judge is - Singer Sujatha 8-)

salaam_chennai
12th October 2008, 01:08 AM
Thanks Roshan.

Blame it on my memory, i forgot his name. He got eliminated after singing "oru mAlai" gajini song. Anyways, leave it.

Nerd
12th October 2008, 11:12 AM
Thanks Roshan.

Blame it on my memory, i forgot his name. He got eliminated after singing "oru mAlai" gajini song. Anyways, leave it.
I think you are talking about that tall, skinny, dark guy. I also think his name is silambarasan. I don't remember his poovAsam performance but he wasnt good with oru mAlai song. He was way too slow. And after exitting, he said idhOda en isaippayaNam mudinjiruchu (This bit was also there in the promos). He got eliminated in the 4th round or something.

salaam_chennai
12th October 2008, 01:46 PM
And after exitting, he said idhOda en isaippayaNam mudinjiruchu

yes Nerd, the same guy.

Roshan
12th October 2008, 02:50 PM
And after exitting, he said idhOda en isaippayaNam mudinjiruchu

yes Nerd, the same guy.

Yeah now I remember. No he was not there. They brought in the 6 from the eliminated list of last 2 rounds. Silambarasan got eliminated before that.

directhit
12th October 2008, 04:55 PM

:o neengaLE maRanthA eppadi? It is that Mallu guy. :lol: appadiyellam nyabagam vachukaradhu illa. i remember now though

selvakumar
12th October 2008, 04:57 PM
[quote=directhit]i liked Raghavendra :D who is sandeep :roll: forgot

:o neengaLE maRanthA eppadi? It is that Mallu guy. :lol: appadiyellam nyabagam vachukaradhu illa. i remember now though[/quote

:lol: :lol:
innaikku enna hub payangarama irukku :lol:

directhit
12th October 2008, 05:01 PM
:?

Roshan
13th October 2008, 10:18 PM
Today's show :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

Very impressive. ippOthAn nigazhchi kalai katti irukku.

This week it is Yuvan Shankar Raja round.

Every one who performed today did their best but my pick is Renu. Her singing was absolutely heavenly, with ninaithu ninaithu pArthAl from 7 G. Ravi sang the male version, and he was good too but Renu was better. Srini and Sujatha said that both were equal but Unni rated Renu slightly above Ravi.

Deepshika's was the very first performance and she did well as usual. Srini's comments; 'to me you are already a playback material'.

Santhosh, Hari and Rohith tried their best, nothing to complain but they were not impressive to me. Madhumitha's was the least impressive performance. It just fell flat.

Chinmayi's outfit, hair, and white pearl accessories were all beautiful and she looked nice too.

PS: Airtel's digital TV ad is awesome :thumbsup: It rocks and as creative as their other ads. ARR on the piano playing the airtel theme music :cool2:

Nerd
13th October 2008, 11:42 PM
Today's show :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

Very impressive. ippOthAn nigazhchi kalai katti irukku.

appO time to restart the youtube routine :P

directhit
14th October 2008, 06:10 AM
PS: Airtel's digital TV ad is awesome :thumbsup: It rocks and as creative as their other ads. ARR Rahman on the piano with the airtel theme music :cool2: Roshan - is it this one ur referring to http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=i254XobMKRc
it was coooool 8-)

Nerd
14th October 2008, 09:53 AM
As a big fan of Goshal if I have to list her 10 best songs saamikitta and ninaithu ninaithu pArthAl would find a place. What a tribute to her! Deepshika and Renu :bow: They both were amaazing. Renu was slightly better today.

Ravi was quite good and I think today was Santosh's best. I generally can't stand him. Rohit was very unimpressive. His voice reminds me of the second hero in kAdhal koNdEn! Madhumitha and Hari were OK. Three cheers to the judges!!

We have cutie Raaginisri singing yaarO from Ch-28 tomorrow :clap: sinmayee-ku edhukku indha dance-nu therila, EKCI :banghead:

Roshan
14th October 2008, 11:36 AM
PS: Airtel's digital TV ad is awesome :thumbsup: It rocks and as creative as their other ads. ARR Rahman on the piano with the airtel theme music :cool2: Roshan - is it this one ur referring to http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=i254XobMKRc
it was coooool 8-)

:yes: really cool ! 8-)

appO time to restart the youtube routine

Nerd, can I have the link? I am trying to get last week's episode but couldn't find :(

directhit
14th October 2008, 11:53 AM
sinmayee-ku edhukku indha dance-nu therila, EKCI :banghead: thirumbavumaaaaaaa :shock: after that one with benny
she is a trained odyssey dancer though :oops:

Roshan
14th October 2008, 12:15 PM
sinmayee-ku edhukku indha dance-nu therila, EKCI :banghead: thirumbavumaaaaaaa :shock: after that one with benny
she is a trained odyssey dancer though :oops:

:o appadi ethuvum theriyala in that dance with Benny. Benny danced well though.

directhit
14th October 2008, 12:17 PM
//dig - she is a odyssey dancer and gives performances etc - i was making fun of her dance and thts when my wife said this sterday //

directhit
14th October 2008, 06:59 PM

Out of the contestants - Ranjani was good. mathathellAm sumAr casethAn. tooo good esp taxi taxi 8-) 8-)

Roshan
14th October 2008, 07:48 PM

Out of the contestants - Ranjani was good. mathathellAm sumAr casethAn. tooo good esp taxi taxi 8-) 8-)

Have you seen both? I am looking for the links - innum kedekkala :(

directhit
14th October 2008, 07:50 PM
both as in - both taxi taxi and ponmagal is it? yes i loved both - vignesh voice is diff now and he has high confidence 8-)

Roshan
14th October 2008, 07:56 PM
both as in - both taxi taxi and ponmagal is it? yes i loved both - vignesh voice is diff now and he has high confidence 8-)

:) Yeah his voice has changed a lot . He always shows lot of confidence when on stage (even during SSJ contest). His dream is to become a successful music director and he's working towards it but his singing is out of the world. A prodigy in my opinion.

directhit
14th October 2008, 08:25 PM

:) Yeah his voice has changed a lot . He always shows lot of confidence when on stage (even during SSJ contest). His dream is to become a successful music director and he's working towards it but his singing is out of the world. A prodigy in my opinion. yeah, i still remember his episode of SSJ with him working on a s/w at home mixing beats etc and checking his voice

littlemaster1982
14th October 2008, 09:12 PM

Have you seen both? I am looking for the links - innum kedekkala :(

Got this link (http://tamil.techsatish.net/file/super-singer-5/) from YSR thread. Not sure whether it has the episodes you are looking out for. I'm not able to check in office :|

Nerd
14th October 2008, 09:19 PM
That must be links to yuvan round. Its blocked here as well. Roshan was asking about last week's episodes I think. I saw the Taxi performance of the kids yesterday on TV. Excellent!! I can get the links in the evening!

Roshan
14th October 2008, 10:22 PM
That must be links to yuvan round. Its blocked here as well. Roshan was asking about last week's episodes I think. I saw the Taxi performance of the kids yesterday on TV. Excellent!! I can get the links in the evening!

Taxi taxi was tooooo good IMO. As I said, the singing was better than in the original. Waiting for the links.

Today's episode :(

YSR songs'la problem'A illa pAdunavanga problem'A theriyala - no body was impressive, except Aruna and Ajish who sang 'kanda naaL mudhalAi' and 'aarArO paadal' respectively - but they were not that good compared to yesterday's performances.

Some of the songs nAn avvaLavA kEttathilla - and those songs are not popular numbers - and with average singing - it was kind of boring. kottAvi vittukittE pArthu mudichEn :oops:

YSR paadalgaLLa romba pouplarAna paadalgaLa viral vittu eNNidalAm pOla irukku :roll: Wondering why they have not chosen some good numbers like kaadhal vaLarthEn, sollAmal thottu chellum thenRal and all.

littlemaster1982
14th October 2008, 10:56 PM
-deleted by self-

Sanjeevi
14th October 2008, 11:06 PM
saw the programme today

Are Yuvan songs tough to singh?

many participants except one or two struggled to sing

And I am happy with song selection of singers :)

Roshan
15th October 2008, 08:35 AM
YSR paadalgaLLa romba pouplarAna paadalgaLa viral vittu eNNidalAm pOla irukku :roll:

:notthatway: Wait till someone comes up with a list of YSR's popular numbers (A/B/C - all centres) :P

:lol: To tell you the truth - I have not heard some of the songs at all. Enna padam - enna pAttu (Eg: puthukOttaiyilirunth Saravanan stuff :P ) - I had no idea until I saw last night's program. orE boring'a irunthuchu. But Monday night program had a few popular songs and every body performed well.

I am eagerly waiting to see some one singing sollAmal thottu chellum thenRal and kaadal vaLarthEn - 2 of my very few favourite YSR songs .

Nerd
15th October 2008, 09:57 AM
Here are the links:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDZkuGFfnBw&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MPiFJFnjNA&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lXxGv6b2_U&feature=related

First one is ponmagaL vandhAL and 2 and 3 are Awesome Taxi 8-) I think for these performances they play the actual song in Karoke mode, that is why the orchestration sounds great. Otherwise its dumb and irritating.

Just watched Raaginisri's performance. Tried to be all cute, did not work today :oops: But her dress/make-up was :P :P :P

Nerd
15th October 2008, 10:14 AM
-Edittu-

Roshan
15th October 2008, 10:59 AM
Here are the links:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDZkuGFfnBw&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MPiFJFnjNA&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lXxGv6b2_U&feature=related

First one is ponmagaL vandhAL and 2 and 3 are Awesome Taxi 8-) I think for these performances they play the actual song in Karoke mode, that is why the orchestration sounds great. Otherwise its dumb and irritating.

Thanks Nerd for the links :)

Just watched Raaginisri's performance. Tried to be all cute, did not work today :oops: But her dress/make-up was :P :P :P

Yeah it was kind of pretentious and to some extent irritating. Singing paththi sollavE vEnaam - as I always say her voice is not suitable for melodies. kadichu, kuthaRi, thuppuRa maathiri oru effect varuthu :oops:

littlemaster1982
15th October 2008, 11:15 AM
LM, did not expect this from you :o

:oops: Just posted it for fun. I'll edit it.

Roshan/Nerd,

Pls remove my post from your quotes :|

MADDY
15th October 2008, 11:25 AM
LM, did not expect this from you :o

:oops: Just posted it for fun. I'll edit it.

Roshan/Nerd,

Pls remove my post from your quotes :|

unmaya dhaane soneenga......... :roll: and there was nuthing offensive in it :huh:

littlemaster1982
15th October 2008, 11:26 AM
Maddy,

Edhukku thevai illaama andha comment inga. Adhaan edutthutten :)

MADDY
15th October 2008, 11:35 AM
Maddy,

Edhukku thevai illaama andha comment inga. Adhaan edutthutten :)

ennamo ponga.........it was in good sense and nothing offensive :)

guys have sung taxi taxi really well./......they did the spanish bits in second interlude also well.......superb :thumbsup:

Ramakrishna
15th October 2008, 07:22 PM
Nerd gaaru,
Chaala thanks for the links-andi :notworthy:

MADDY
15th October 2008, 07:43 PM
Nerd gaaru,
Chaala thanks for the links-andi :notworthy:

//is Nerd a telugu guy?? <not asked with a racist intent :lol2:> u keep referring him to as garu garu :lol2: //

littlemaster1982
15th October 2008, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the links, Nerd.

Vignesh was incredible :shock: :shock: I still can't believe what I heard :notworthy: