PDA

View Full Version : Airtel Super Singer 2008 - Monday to Wednesday @ 9pm

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Roshan
10th December 2008, 12:28 PM
Thanks Roshan, for the info :)

and what was striking about his performance yesterday was the extent to which he knew the notes for all the songs that were performed (was it one of the reasons for the songs selected?)

irukkalAm.. Monday night PS'in enna enna vArthaigaLo vaasichu irukkAr - my all time favourite PS song (but pAdunathu kara kara kural Aruna.. fortunate I am). Deepshika pAda vEndiya pAttu :sigh2:

and the way he imporvised in a couple of ludes leading up to the charanam

Exactly! Ezhumbi ninnu kaithattinEn - when he did those improvisations. It was such a lovely experience. Have to thank Vijay TV for this.

Vivasaayi
10th December 2008, 07:58 PM
http://forum.indya.com/showthread.php?t=116419

check out this furious post.she has vent her anger out on the airtel supersinger sharply - enna neraya puriyala,her linguistic ability threatened me right from the word go...naanum embutu thadavathan dictionariya poratradhu.

judges are under terrific pressure-their performance is now being noted more than that of the contestants.

Nerd
10th December 2008, 08:05 PM
I liked the last two episodes. :clap:
- Rohit was better than Renu, can't believe am saying this.
- Ajeeshs the best so far. Oru sila improvizations sariyA varala.
- Ravi was good as he always has been. But he overdid the emosans I thought.
- judges were spot on 90% of the occasions :shock:
- Stephen :bow:

Vivasaayi
10th December 2008, 08:06 PM

who is that guy ragini is cheering her heart out for? :roll:

Nerd
10th December 2008, 08:08 PM
What the :twisted: Santhosh? She sits with him all the time :argh:

Vivasaayi
10th December 2008, 08:11 PM
idhellam yarum kandikaradhu illaya?..naangellam programa rasikanuma vendama?

Nerd
10th December 2008, 08:14 PM
SandhOs mEla pala pEru gaaNdla irukkAinga. One fine day.. :twisted:

And it was nice to see Ais, Hari and Madhumitha (with her charming smile) as part of the audience :clap:

Roshan
10th December 2008, 08:37 PM

hehe - ippavE conclude paNNa eppadi - climax innaikkuthAnE - ellA comedy'um innaikku pAkkalAm. antha 90% kaathula paRakkum innaikku.

Paartha ellArumE Rohith was better than Renu'nu sonnaanga but he is already in the danger zone .

Looks like I am going to wathc it tonight. Eagerly waiting to see Prasanna perform.

Nerd, can you please post the links of Monday night's show?

Complicateur intha thread pakkam ippO varrathilla - I think he s heart broken after Deepshika's elimination :(

Nerd
10th December 2008, 08:51 PM
http://video.yahoo.com/watch/4079793/11012126

Actually sujatha said she liked Rohit better than Renu. And in indya.com one poster has already disclosed who is going to be eliminated :P

Vivasaayi
10th December 2008, 09:03 PM

Actually sujatha said she liked Rohit better than Renu. And in indya.com one poster has already disclosed who is going to be eliminated :P

which poster

Roshan
10th December 2008, 09:06 PM

which poster

Show aarambichaachu pOi paarunga theriyum :)

Nerd
10th December 2008, 09:10 PM
The shaem arthi I think. But an not able to locate that post now. It was in an obscure thread and somebody else asked her to remove it to avoid spoilers. Anyway she said Aravindhs gonna go.

Roshan
10th December 2008, 10:17 PM
Prasanna :clap: :clap:

What a choice man !! And he did justice to the original (minus the aalap) - however much Srini tried to undermine his performance :hammer:

I have not seen the first episode but my pick is Prasanna for this round.

'kural Osai kuyil Osai enRu - azhagE nee mozhi pEsu inRu - amazing those lines were. Santhosh almost screamed to express his appreciation.

Vijay was good - nothing to complain.

Raagini :rotfl: kObam varala - she has become the show's comedian and Srini is even bigger comedian. So let us not take them seriously at all. I think they are keeping Raagini for the fun of it. Not a single cheer, smile or appreciation - even from the fellow contestants. Audience ovvoruthar mugathuleyum ellu vedichittu irunthuchu when she was performing :rotfl: Specially Ranjini's sister :lol: "ivaLukku vantha vaazhva paarungRa" maathiri she was keeping her face and they were focussing the camera on her.

Elimination decide paNNina vitham - naan ethirpArthathupOl migapperiya comedy.

Aish and Madhumitha'va koopittu paada cholli - koncham paava mannippu thEdikittaanga.

And Stephen :notworthy: :notworthy:

Roshan
10th December 2008, 11:00 PM
Next week - enna round'nu sariyA theriyala - they showed 4 songs and the only common factor in those songs is - they are all from Rajinikanth movies .

orE naaL unnai naan - sung by Raagini :mrgreen:

oru iniya manathu - Ranjini

En vaanilE - Aruna

Sambo siva sambo - sollanumnu avasiyam illa yaarunnu :)

Roshan
11th December 2008, 12:06 AM
Watching Monday's episode - ennudaiya theerppai maathikiREn :oops: Overall best performance - Ajish :clap: :thumbsup:

Stephen was enjoying Ajish's sining thoroughly and his facial expressions just said how good it was. He is such a good singer and very talented. Title win paNNuvathArkaana aRikuRikaL niRaiyavE irukku as his singing is something fresh (but athukku channel manasu vekkanum)

Renuvum nallAthAn paadunaanga and Rohith was good too.

Aruna - enna solRathunnu theriyala - neenga nallavarA kettavaRa range'la irunthuchu. Unni's comments were apt I thought. Idhu Suseela ammA pAttu but LR Eeshwari amma pAduna mAthiri irunthuchu :lol:

Unni's wrap up comments were throughly enjoyable. rombavE jolly mood'la irunthirukkAr - and it was nice watching him with those funny comments.

Thanks Nerd for the link :)

Nerd
11th December 2008, 09:03 AM
Prasanna :clap: :clap: Did not find Vijay/raagini inspiring. The WHOLE freakin' webworld is against raaginisri.. ava enna pannuvA? Imagine her reading all these hate messages :cry:

Next week, I don't think its Rajini-exclusive... Looks like retro round (costumes and stuff). Prasanna was a little slow with sambO from whatever I heard. Looking forward :smokesmirk:

Roshan
11th December 2008, 09:20 AM
Prasanna :clap: :clap: Did not find Vijay/raagini inspiring.

Idhu neenga sollithaan theriyanuma :P The whole world knows that. Raaginiya kandukkAma program pAkkanum - adhuthaan niyaayam. The funny part is she 'thinks' that she is a great singer and tries some tough numbers and it all ends up like comedy stuff. Sujatha azhuthuruvaangannu nenechEn naan.

The WHOLE freakin' webworld is against raaginisri.. ava enna pannuvA? Imagine her reading all these hate messages :cry:

I saw one message in indya.com directly addressed to Raagini. Romba mOsamA thitti irunthaanga. 'manasaatchi'nu onnu irunthaa intha pOttiyila irunthu thAnaagavE withdraw paNNikanumgra maathiri ezhuthi irunthaanga ( in very harsh words).

Next week, I don't think its Rajini-exclusive... Looks like retro round (costumes and stuff). Prasanna was a little slow with sambO from whatever I heard. Looking forward :smokesmirk:

Naanum retro'nu thaan nenekirEn. pAkkalAm. Looking forward to listening Sambo siva sambo :)

crajkumar_be
11th December 2008, 09:34 AM
Just watched the Prasanna vid in techsatish..

Prasanna :clap: :clap:

however much Srini tried to undermine his performance :hammer:

Srini was fair enough about the couple of places where he didn't get it right. As for the rest of his comments, i would have been fine with it if thats the way Srini *consistently* comments, for ALL contestants - aana thats not the case. So neenga sonna madhiri :hammer: very much deserved IMO

Let me watch the other vids now... :)

crajkumar_be
11th December 2008, 09:50 AM
Watching the non-competitive performance of Isaikkadavul's 'En Vaanile', the song with some mean piano magic in the original, nalla theeni for Steve... idha yen yaarum padala?

complicateur
11th December 2008, 09:53 AM
Complicateur intha thread pakkam ippO varrathilla - I think he s heart broken after Deepshika's elimination :(
Manasu-nu oNNu irukkurathu ahu udayumbOthu thAnE theriya varuthu. :) But nAn avvaLo ellAm feel paNNalE.
I was impressed with only Ajeesh and Prasanna this round. And of course Stephen. I've heard him play during the Amrita TV reality shows, but what a marked difference when he has a Piano! Acoustic is Acoustic. He used to play on an electronics keyboard on the other show but he was stellar on the piano.
Maththabadi someone has to tell Chinmayi - less scene more sAthagam. UnakkEn ivvaLavu akkaRai, ulagaththil yArukkum illAtha akkaRai endru neengaL kEtkalAm. nAn bAthikkap pattEn. nEradiyAga bAthikkap pattEn. :twisted:

Vivasaayi
11th December 2008, 10:08 AM
why all people ignored "johnny" songs in the competitive category.isnt it the first choice that would come to anyones mind :roll:

crajkumar_be
11th December 2008, 10:09 AM
Vid kolaaru pannudhu..
irudhiya enna nadandhuchu? Enna theerpu? yaaru eliminated?

Vivasaayi
11th December 2008, 10:13 AM
Vid kolaaru pannudhu..
irudhiya enna nadandhuchu? Enna theerpu? yaaru eliminated?

aravind.

Nerd
15th December 2008, 06:56 AM
Next week - enna round'nu sariyA theriyala - they showed 4 songs and the only common factor in those songs is - they are all from Rajinikanth movies .

En vaanilE - Aruna

Just saw the promo. More Rajini film songs
-aagaaya gangai - Rohit
-endha poovilum vaasamuNdu - Renu
-senthAzham poovil - Vijay

:goodidea: :D

Roshan
15th December 2008, 08:56 AM

En vaanilE - Aruna

Just saw the promo. More Rajini film songs
-aagaaya gangai - Rohit
-endha poovilum vaasamuNdu - Renu
-senthAzham poovil - Vijay

:goodidea: :D

Yeah more Rajini songs. And as you said it is the retro round (70s and 80s songs in particular).

Ravi - ennadi meenAtchi
Ajish - unakkenna mElE ninRaai

Ajish's singing sounds nice again. I think he is slowly and steadily moving towards the finals.

Intha round nallA irukkumnu nambuREn (but judges vazhakkampOla sothappuvaanga :x )

crajkumar_be
15th December 2008, 09:58 AM
Oh, Raaja round! :yes: :2thumbsup: :goodidea: :redjump:

Roshan
15th December 2008, 04:40 PM
And again no Chinmayi :P

Complicateur migavum baathikkapattathAl intha maaRRam enRu ninaikkiREn :P

Yugendran and Hemamalini are hosting it again this week. No Sujatha instead they have invited S P Shailaja. And special appearance Malaysia Vasudevan.

crajkumar_be
15th December 2008, 05:50 PM
And again no Chinmayi :P

:yes: :ty: :boo:

Roshan
15th December 2008, 10:25 PM
Renu :clap: :clap:

She's back on track ( last two episodes avvaLavA sObikkala). Lovely singing. She is very simple and humble without any alattals. athukku oru special pArAttu :clap:

Ravi - was good but the original feel of that song was missing. Antha pAtta sirichuttE padinaar. But singing wise very good and I liked the ending of the charanams.

Ranjini - again feel was missing - it was a bit dull. lack of energy and concentration. But as usual nice voice and good singing. And I usually like her attitude (ahaa naanum intha word'a use paNNa aarambichuttEn :x ). She isn't that worried about winning or losing. Very casual and level headed. Doesnt get upset (at least doesn's make it explicit) when judges give negative feedback. Takes things lightly with a smile. Eliminate paNNaalum - ok fine'nu pOyittE irukkakoodiya type.

Vijay - probably the wrong choice. Fell flat and not impressive. The most difficult one out of the 4 songs that were sung tonight IMO. attempt paNNathukku pArAttanum but I think it was a bad move.

Srinivas was really good in his comments. But too early to infer. Let us wait till the end. Unni was also nice as usual. He always starts his comments with a positive note which needs to be appreciated.

It was pleasing to see pleasant looking S P Shailaja. BTW why did Yugi sing 'mounamAna nEram' when introducing her :confused2:

Tamilan
15th December 2008, 11:15 PM
BTW why did Yugi sing 'mounamAna nEram' when introducing her :confused2:

SP Shailaja was introduced in Salangai oli as an actress. Athanala irukkalam.

Nerd
16th December 2008, 08:27 AM
Renu. Pallavi was almost on par with Janaki'mA - :bow: aanaalum shreya Goshal comparison-lAm remmbbaa overu.. looks kooda :shock:

Others were far from their bests, including Ravi. I think Ravi really struggled to sing without having the complete control of the mic :lol: Is it just me or did others think the orchestra was good (read slightly better than the previous rounds) today?

raaginisri's makeover :rotfl: orE naaL unai naan tomorrow. Such songs suit her, so she should do well IMO :mrgreen:

SPS :clap: Sujatha-va permanent-A othukkanum..

complicateur
16th December 2008, 09:28 AM
Chinmayi is expected back for future episodes - just hope she doesnt continue to sing falsetto in them. It's getting pretty old pretty fast.

rENu - sothappified at the exact spot I expected. But otherwise well sung. I actually thought she resembled ShrEyA goshal. To use "Sunday (h)indu viLamabaram" parlance - oru maaniRa Shreya Goshal. :) I think voice ellAm too much she doesnt have her polish or Mic control yet.

It is really hard to bring out the sadness in Ennadi Meenatchi except for the vArthai thavarivittAi portions. Tough ask for Ravi.

Roshan
16th December 2008, 09:34 AM
Renu. Pallavi was almost on par with Janaki'mA - :bow:

:yes:

Others were far from their bests, including Ravi. I think Ravi really struggled to sing without having the complete control of the mic :lol:

Yeah. Even Vijay struggled a lot. Avaravida mic uyaramA irunthuchu. Mic'a kaiyyila edukkAmathAn pAdanumnu ethukku rule vechAnga'nu puriyala :?

Is it just me or did others think the orchestra was good (read slightly better than the previous rounds) today?

I felt it too :)

P Shailaja was introduced in Salangai oli as an actress. Athanala irukkalam

Doesn't seem logical even if that was the reason. She is a singer and not an actress. And that particular song is related to J'pradha and sung by S Janaki. I think there may be some other reason.

Roshan
16th December 2008, 09:44 AM
It is really hard to bring out the sadness in Ennadi Meenatchi except for the vArthai thavarivittAi portions. Tough ask for Ravi.

Yeah but the 'Vaarthai thavaRivittAi' part was done pretty badly by Ravi. Starting'E problem aayiduchu so I expected something worse but IMO he did well to some extent. As I said earlier - i liked the endings of the charanams.

And I thought Senthaazhampoovil was a tough task than ennadi meenaatchi.

Mic control is something Renu must really work out. And she still looks nervous.

crajkumar_be
16th December 2008, 11:44 AM
Yugi requesting SPS to sing "Oru kili" and the latter obliging... :clap:
She said "idhukkapparam (pallavi) oru humming varum.. adha dhaan naan paadinen"... Interlude na idhu dhaan!
Unni then said "indha madhiri padalgala kettu thaan naan paadave vandhen.. " What a composition by Ilaiyaan :shock:
Music to die for maaan :notworthy:

crajkumar_be
16th December 2008, 11:44 AM
SPS :clap: Sujatha-va permanent-A othukkanum..
vAsthavamAna pEchu

Vivasaayi
16th December 2008, 12:27 PM
the interlude - uhuu uhuhuuuuuuuu... :notworthy:

equanimus
16th December 2008, 02:05 PM
Is the video of the last episode available somewhere online?

[Got a link (http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg1V9YgPexI&feature=PlayList&p=6D52ACFD24566B3C&index=0&playnext=1) to the video.]

Vivasaayi
16th December 2008, 09:32 PM
PRASANNA - SAMBO SIVA SAMBO

wonderful entertaining performance :clap:

kannadasan :notworthy:

thilak4life
16th December 2008, 10:19 PM
Is the video of the last episode available somewhere online?

[Got a link (http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg1V9YgPexI&feature=PlayList&p=6D52ACFD24566B3C&index=0&playnext=1) to the video.]

Thanks.

Roshan
16th December 2008, 10:23 PM
PASANNA :clap: :clap: :2thumbsup:

EthirpArppu veeN pOgala :) And it was more than expected.

His pronunciation, singing, body language, confidence level - Great Job !

Lyrics :thumbsup:

Ajish was good too :clap:

Raagini again usual sothappal performance - viralukkEtha veekkam appadinnu periyavanga solluvaanga - adhu Raaginikku theriyAthunnu nenekiREn. She as usual killed a lovely song and made it like an oppAri paadal with her hyper emotions :x

Santhosh :hammer: Raaginiya mannichaalum santhosh'a mannikka mudiyAthu :hammer: konnu kuzhi thOndi pothekkiRathunnu idhathaan solluvaanga (engEyum eppOthum). His limitations and drawbacks became very obvious. I think Vijay was better and Ranjini was far better compared to Raagini and Santhosh.

Srini - romba mukki mukki koncham manasaatchiyOda comments koduthaar innaikku but he was really struggling for words. VazhakkamAna bajanaiya paada maRakkala - " confidence illAma paadureenga.. adthu thEvai illa" ( raagini'ku round one'la irunthu idhE comment's kiLipuLLa mAthiri sollittu irukkaanga :x ). Then he said "I think you are worried about your voice crack.. just let it go.. what can be done? " :evil: naan manasukuLLa "ya what can be done when you are already in the finals" :x

Anyway both Raaigini and Santhosh join Ranjini and Vijay for elimination. Raagini 5th or 6th time for elimination :rotfl: and once completely eliminated and called back. Comedy thodarum'nu nenekiREn.

P_R
16th December 2008, 10:27 PM
indha program-ai veRiththanamA silar paakkuraanga-nnu ippo dhaan purinjidhu. My uncle was watching intently as one guys was singing. Naan vazhakkam pOla remote eduththu channel maathinEn. He let out a high decibel cry and grabbed the remote back as I was too stunned to resist. What's more, he waited till the commercials to give me a piece of his mind. :oops:

littlemaster1982
16th December 2008, 10:30 PM
:lol:

Roshan
16th December 2008, 10:38 PM
indha program-ai veRiththanamA silar paakkuraanga-nnu ippo dhaan purinjidhu. My uncle was watching intently as one guys was singing. Naan vazhakkam pOla remote eduththu channel maathinEn. He let out a high decibel cry and grabbed the remote back as I was too stunned to resist. What's more, he waited till the commercials to give me a piece of his mind. :oops:

Hehe this happens when I am at home with my family. My mom wants to watch KolangaL and rest of us are for ASS. aarambathula channel mAthi mAthi pAthuttu irunthOm but enga tholla thAnga mudiyAma my mom gave it up finally.

Prabhu - surprising to learn that you are not interested in musical programs ( oru kAlathula singer'nu engO padichathA gnApagam :P, wish Killua was around, where is he BTW? )

Nerd
17th December 2008, 08:59 AM
Prasanna was good, but was not upto my expectations. As one of the judges pointed out, he was a little slow (the tempo) in a few places. But definitely the 2nd best performance in this round (after Renu). Ajeesh was good as well. Both raaginisri and Santosh were pathetic, thankfully santosh sounded worse than raaginisri. These two performances from the top-10 aspirant playback singers of Tamil Nadu (as they claim) - EKSI :shock:

Unni while singing poonkAtRu puthithaanadhu was like, indha pAttellAm paadum bOdhu, backing instrument-um thanaaa varudhu. poonkaatRu *ting tong tong* puthithAnadhu *ti ti tong tong tong* - this was how he sang :bow: Yugi was good with paadu nilaavE. And the judges heaped praises on MSV. The orchestrata sounded wonderful for MSV songs, they could not quite recreate the raaja orchestra though :P

Looks like the whole MV family will be there tomorrow. From Yugi/Malini to Prashanthini to MV himself!

Roshan
17th December 2008, 09:30 AM
To me the best 3 performances so far in this round are ;

1. Prasanna :clap: :clap: :notworthy: - pronunciation and feel'ku special marks kodukkanum - and the ending part of second charanam was amazing and athukku innum koncham additional points.

2. Ajish :clap: :clap:

3. Renu :clap:

Nerd, please provide the link for this episode :)

thilak4life
17th December 2008, 09:51 AM
Roshan,

http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=TvrF_YPxLLE&feature=PlayList&p=6D52ACFD24566B3C&index=8

Roshan
17th December 2008, 10:17 AM
Roshan,

http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=TvrF_YPxLLE&feature=PlayList&p=6D52ACFD24566B3C&index=8

Thanks Thilak but cannot check youtube links most of the time here. The yahoo link Nerd provides works perfectly.

Nerd
17th December 2008, 10:29 AM
Roshan,
I was also going to post youtube links this time. I get yahoo links from blog.isaitamil.net but they have not updated this weeks links yet for some reason. Will let you know once they do it.

P.S. I won't suggest you visiting blog.isaitamil.net on your office PC. Loads of spyware on that site.

Roshan
17th December 2008, 10:49 AM
Roshan,
I was also going to post youtube links this time. I get yahoo links from blog.isaitamil.net but they have not updated this weeks links yet for some reason. Will let you know once they do it.

Fine Nerd :) Managed it through youtube now :)

Prasanna is not at all slow. In some places he is going a bit fast and Srini points it out saying 'sila idangaLla tempo koncham jaasthi aayiduthu' and he also says that's because Prasanna gets into an entertaining mode usually.

SPS has nothing to say on the negative side and same with Unni.

A near perfect performance :clap:

P.S. I won't suggest you visiting blog.isaitamil.net on your office PC. Loads of spyware on that site.

That's not an issue at all in my office :P

complicateur
17th December 2008, 11:02 AM
rENU and Prasanna were the pick of the lot. It is a little disconcerting that some of the songs sung in the "retro" round were composed after my birth :|

Roshan
17th December 2008, 11:19 AM
Prasanna was good, but was not upto my expectations. As one of the judges pointed out, he was a little slow (the tempo) in a few places. But definitely the 2nd best performance in this round (after Renu). Ajeesh was good as well. Both raaginisri and Santosh were pathetic, thankfully santosh sounded worse than raaginisri. These two performances from the top-10 aspirant playback singers of Tamil Nadu (as they claim) - EKSI :shock:

I was thinking the same last night while watching them perform. Idhula Santhosh 'already play back material' appadinnu Sujatha solli irukkaanga :banghead:

It is a little disconcerting that some of the songs sung in the "retro" round were composed after my birth

P_R
17th December 2008, 12:32 PM
Prabhu - surprising to learn that you are not interested in musical programs
Hmm....just that I don't watch much TV regularly. oru nEram-nu irundhA dhAnE....thozhil appidi....

And guess I had an overdose of music talent shows somewhere down the line.I used to watch Meri Awaz Suno, on of the first singing talent show in India. Sunidhi Chauhan, who is a playback singer now, was the prodigy who won the program by a convincing margin.

Used to watch AV RamaNan's show on Sun TV Sunday morning long time back. Half the fun, IMO is to see an average voiced guy trying to sing (heckling opportunities apart, the noticeable difference, can relate to bathroom singing attempts etc.). But slowly I think things got too 'good' for my liking. i.e. every singer turning out really above average, technical/ bigshot judges saying things like "your voice texture (!) is good but..".

And with regard to Vijay TV program the "thrilling music", stunned silence before the judges pronounce judgement, "your attitude was good" maadhiri dabbA statements, off-camera shots of crying contested, petulant parents...big turn off. Judges crying is another comedy altogether :P

Regarding my personal iluppaippoo attempts, to use your expression, that was in an earlier life when the world was a simple place and I still sounded shrill. Killua has gotten more interesting vocations than hubbing, like amateur bike racing, apparently he does not value his kneecaps like the rest of us "lesser mortals". May meet him soon and will tell him someone noticed he wasn't around :-)

thilak4life
17th December 2008, 01:04 PM
PR, who is this Killua?

Agree with your assessment of Singing contest shows on TV. I heard the Hindi equivalent (in Zeetv?) is far better.. Ummm

crajkumar_be
17th December 2008, 10:17 PM
I correct my earlier statement. Srinivas kAsu vAngala, vEra yEdhO vAngittAru.... Sivakumar madhiri sollanumna, "amma raginisri, nee romba nallaaaaa iru ma!"

crajkumar_be
17th December 2008, 10:18 PM
Unni while singing poonkAtRu puthithaanadhu was like, indha pAttellAm paadum bOdhu, backing instrument-um thanaaa varudhu. poonkaatRu *ting tong tong* puthithAnadhu *ti ti tong tong tong* - this was how he sang :bow:
:x cha, missed this.. gotta see the video ASAP

thilak4life
17th December 2008, 10:21 PM
What happened today?

Roshan
17th December 2008, 10:31 PM
Santhosh goes finally :sighofrelief:

Chance'E illa Santhosh eliminate AgiyE theeranumnu nenechEn nEthu - and it happened. But I liked his spirit and it looked as if he was well prepared for it.

Raagini escapes again with Srini's usual sappaikattus. It should have been Raagini and Santhosh - in the final stages of elimination not Rohith and Santhosh. Raagini holds the record for maximum number of red alerts in this competition :clap:

Rohith did not perform to his potential and it sounded a bit flat - with lower scale, pitching issues and all - yet it was a decent performance - given the choice of song. Very difficulat duet with so much nuances, still he managed it. Malaysia Vasudevan munnAla ninnuttu avar pAtteyE pAduRathu koncham tension'aana vishayam - that too had an impact.

Malaysia Vasudevan looked physically unfit :( Avara kooppittu gouravapaduthunatha pArAttanum. His and Shailaja's malarum ninaivugaL were cute but adikkadi antha kaalathula.. antha kAlathula appadinnu antha kaala purANam pAdunathu was :fatigue:

Aruna yEthO paadunaanga - not bad - and as usual she had cold and throat infection (ithukkellaam enna emotion pOduRathunnu theriyala)

Next week maRupadiyum usual 3 judges with Neha Bashin as a special guest. Neha Basin 'sei yEthAvathu sei' pAtta vechuttu ellA stageleyum kaalam thaLLittu irukkaanga'nu nenekiREn - with the same dance movements.

Overall retro round was disappointing. And I feel quality of performances has drastically dropped with wrong people getting into top 10. Sun TV, Kalainjar TV top 10 movies maathiri aayiduchu :(

Roshan
17th December 2008, 10:34 PM
I correct my earlier statement. Srinivas kAsu vAngala, vEra yEdhO vAngittAru.... Sivakumar madhiri sollanumna, "amma raginisri, nee romba nallaaaaa iru ma!"

It was pretty irritating once again.. but ennatha solluRathu :sigh2:

Roshan
17th December 2008, 10:36 PM
Unni while singing poonkAtRu puthithaanadhu was like, indha pAttellAm paadum bOdhu, backing instrument-um thanaaa varudhu. poonkaatRu *ting tong tong* puthithAnadhu *ti ti tong tong tong* - this was how he sang :bow:
:x cha, missed this.. gotta see the video ASAP

Please do watch it - specially Prasanna's sambo siva sambo.. :)

Roshan
17th December 2008, 10:42 PM
Pretty interesting piece of writing Prabhu :)

Used to watch AV RamaNan's show on Sun TV Sunday morning long time back. Half the fun, IMO is to see an average voiced guy trying to sing (heckling opportunities apart, the noticeable difference, can relate to bathroom singing attempts etc.). But slowly I think things got too 'good' for my liking. i.e. every singer turning out really above average, technical/ bigshot judges saying things like "your voice texture (!) is good but..".

Judges'a vidung inga namma hubbers'E enna pOdu pOduRaanga :P

And with regard to Vijay TV program the "thrilling music", stunned silence before the judges pronounce judgement, "your attitude was good" maadhiri dabbA statements, off-camera shots of crying contested, petulant parents...big turn off. Judges crying is another comedy altogether :P

Regarding my personal iluppaippoo attempts, to use your expression, that was in an earlier life when the world was a simple place and I still sounded shrill.

:lol: Same pinch.

Killua has gotten more interesting vocations than hubbing, like amateur bike racing, apparently he does not value his kneecaps like the rest of us "lesser mortals". May meet him soon and will tell him someone noticed he wasn't around :-)

:) I miss his interesting and funny essays and equally interesting rejoinders of yours. Convey my regards to him.

thilak4life
18th December 2008, 08:47 AM
Thanks Roshan.

directhit
18th December 2008, 08:49 AM
Point being: I will be missing on another set of three episodes of Airtel Super Singer after the "Unplugged" round with Stephen Devassi. :) http://chinmayisripada.blogspot.com/2008/12/absentee-on-super-singer-once-again.html

naalu perukku nalladhunna edhume thappilla :P

littlemaster1982
18th December 2008, 10:29 PM
Got this (http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=-XoKZKobBQQ) while browsing youtube - A little girl singing 'Malargalae' - Love Birds (Amrita TV). Delightful singing :notworthy:

P.S: The only irritation in the video is Malgudi Subha :banghead:

Nerd
19th December 2008, 08:40 AM
Got this (http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=-XoKZKobBQQ) while browsing youtube - A little girl singing 'Malargalae' - Love Birds (Amrita TV). Delightful singing :notworthy:

P.S: The only irritation in the video is Malgudi Subha :banghead:
Awesome!! That little kid is much better than 90% of the ASS contestants, easily. And the orchestra :clap: The orchestra in ASS pales in comparison. Perhaps the cheapest orchestra in chennai.

Saw Wednesday's episode. Boring stuff. Thanks to the retro round, I have more songs to listen now. Almost forgot these songs.
*sambO sivasambO
*aayiram malargaLE malarungaL (SPS was too good even at this age)
*endha poovilum vaasamuNdu
*indha minminikku (Prashanthini was good)
etsra.

Roshan
21st December 2008, 05:31 PM
Saw Wednesday's episode. Boring stuff. Thanks to the retro round, I have more songs to listen now. Almost forgot these songs.
*sambO sivasambO
*aayiram malargaLE malarungaL (SPS was too good even at this age)
*endha poovilum vaasamuNdu
*indha minminikku (Prashanthini was good)
etsra.

Same here. Thodarnthu kEttuttu irukkEn ippO :)

Madhu Sree
23rd December 2008, 03:13 PM
Did anyone watch yest. episode... It was coool....

Renu, Raaginisri, Ranjini and Aruna were the first 4 to sing...

Cudnt remember this round's name...

First to sing was Raaginisri...

This time she played intelligently by choosing an apt song which suits her voice... and that song is my favourite tooo :D She sang 'Kodaana kodi' song from 'Saroja' really she did well but the take off of the song was not tht gr8... but when she started to hum 'oooo ooo oo ooooooooooo' it was cooooooooooool :cool:, wht a come back said srini... even all the judges liked her performance... sujatha told tht 'there was a problem with sruthi here and there but thts not an issue...', But :yes:... she did really well yesterday...

Next to sing was Renu, she sang 'Machakaari machakaari machkaarithaan' from 'Jillunu oru kaadhal' she tried to change her style of singing, she too did a wonderful attempt... it was a different experience to hear that song in her voice :P..... but when she sang the lines sung by Shankar mahadhevan the tempo came down :( but she tried to manage... :D

Ranjini, I was surprised abt her singing... really she did an excellent job... she sang 'thoodhu varumaa thoodhu varumaa' from 'kaaka... kaaka...', wowww wht a style, she didnt imitate but she sang tht song in her own style, she really stole the show... :clap: excellent performance from ranjini... :D

Aruna, poor girl she was into dangerous zone yesterday... dont know wht happened... she didnt enjoy her singing... no expressions nothing, u ppl wont believe she actually sang 'May maasam 98-il major aanene' from 'JJ' such a mast song, but she sang that as a sad sequence :? dont know y, her performance was like, she didnt like tht song at all... :x, she was performing a little better in the previous episodes, but this time it was a disaster... she herself put into red alert... Actually suchithra sang this song so well, the song should be 'May maasam thonuththettil major aanene' but aruna sang it like 'May maasam thonoooooooththettil major aanene' :x...
dont know y.... :(, poor singing by aruna... let us see what happens...

sudha india
23rd December 2008, 06:27 PM
Yeah, I saw y/days episode.

I will not say Ragini did a great job, but as Madhu said it was an apt selection.

Renu and Ranjani were good.

Aruna was good too. But she was in a very bad mood. Sure she had been disturbed very much before the show and it showed in her performance.

There was no life in her singing and it was very prominent.

She did not react when she was called into the danger zone and looked like she expected that. It also looked like she would be relieved if she gets eliminated too. Edho nadandhirukku.

If only Aruna had sung that song with enjoyment, Ragini would have come to the danger zone. (Machakkaarithan........)

Vivasaayi
23rd December 2008, 06:36 PM
aruna dint enjoy the song itself ...most prolly because of the lyrics.

why select a song with lyrics thats she is not comfortable...it would be a miracle if she gets thru this round.

sudha india
23rd December 2008, 06:40 PM
Eppadiyum Arunavukku danger zonela company kudukka Rohith varuvaar (Srinivas dayavaale).

Vivasaayi
23rd December 2008, 06:43 PM
Eppadiyum Arunavukku danger zonela company kudukka Rohith varuvaar (Srinivas dayavaale).

this round suits rohith very well.

the hero introduction round...so he will get thru.

infact i feel its rohith's voice which suits the yuvans songs perfectly...esp fast numbers.

Nerd
23rd December 2008, 07:57 PM
Many commentors in techsatish have dismissed this program as *fixed*. Aruna knew that she was going to be eliminated in this round even before the shooting. That's why she sang without energy yesterday. Also she looked so down even when others were singing. So I m sort of convinced!!

Roshan
24th December 2008, 07:04 AM
Many commentors in techsatish have dismissed this program as *fixed*. Aruna knew that she was going to be eliminated in this round even before the shooting. That's why she sang without energy yesterday. Also she looked so down even when others were singing. So I m sort of convinced!!

I am also hearing these kind of things.

ellArum Raagini'a pAratturaanga :rotfl: intha round - means item number'nu onnu vechathE Raagini'kaagathAn. Because she is only good at that. They want to justify her selection. And I was :lol: listening to Srinivas's comments. I was exactly expecting the same from Srini.

It was more funnier when he says kaatrin mozhi was a disaster - and raagini does good with carnatic types and this kind of item numbers but she fails miserably with other styles. She has to be careful about her choices appadi vEra comments (vERa ennathaan solla mudiyum :hammer: ) AppadinnA daily keerthanai and item numbers thaan pAdanum.

Kaatrin mozhi disaster'nu engaLukku eppavO theriyum ivarukku ippathAn purinjirukku.

What a loser Srini is :evil:

sudha india
24th December 2008, 10:06 AM

this round suits rohith very well.

the hero introduction round...so he will get thru.

infact i feel its rohith's voice which suits the yuvans songs perfectly...esp fast numbers.

I am happy I was wrong

Madhu Sree
24th December 2008, 02:51 PM
I was able to see the last 2 performances yesterday.

Prasanna: Yeah he sang well..... But he was focusing only on entertaining people. He can entertain us but he should also watch out his performance as well. He seemed as over-confident yesterday. He sang 'Pokkiri pongal'... it was gud as usually... But as he tried to dance/entertain, he lost his breath at certain places and it was shaky.. :(, I really expected a lot this time... but paavam he was unlucky yesterday...

Rohit: Wowwww wht a performance... he sang 'Hey devuda devuda ezhumala devuda....', he was excellent yest. Nice voice... he sang the whole song with open throat... he really gave his best.
Avar roumbavum aadaama at the same he did entertain all the audience... wht a voice... He stole the show yesterday. At last all the other dancers lifted him up... :), as they lifted him, he finished with 'Arerey Arey Arey Arey' with such a shaky voice, seems that he got scared a bit :lol:, end la konjam comedyaa poiduchu, but judges didnt mind tht a lot... even srini made fun of tht... a difficult song, gud singing by Rohit :clap:

Heard tht Ravi was best yesterday.

Atlast all the five were called up to the stage and sujatha announced tht Ravi and Rohit will be proceeding to next round :clap:

Srini told that the remaining three, will be given one more chance and then they will decide. Let us see wht happens today. :)

Roshan
24th December 2008, 05:16 PM
I missed Ravi's and Vijay's. Out of the other 3 Rohith was definitely good. I also expected a lot from Prasanna after that rocking performance in the last episode.

What song did Ravi sing? KaRka kaRka?

YArAvathu link kodungappA..

Nerd
24th December 2008, 08:04 PM
Roshan, idhO: http://video.yahoo.com/watch/4171301/11226880

Ravi nembba try pannApla, but with his feminine voice could not do justice to the song. But the singing was clean. Rohith was good. The last arE arE bit was insanely funny. I was ROTFLing uncontrollably. Ajeesh's annAtha aaduRar was much better! I dont understand the reasoning behind selecting the three/five to perform again.. Why not give another chance to Aruna? Also I don't think raagini was any better than the three guys chosen yesterday. Her kOdAna kOdi was dragging.

Roshan
26th December 2008, 09:50 AM
Paavam Aruna - romba paduthittaanga. It was very obvious that they had already decided to eliminate her. But adha paadu idha paadu'nu romba kashtapaduthitaanga. She should have been eliminated long time back but ithana naaL chance koduthu kadaisiyila romba humiliate paNNittaanga. idhayE oru male contestant'na paNNuvangaLaannu theiryala.

Next week again Anuradha Sriram :evil:

littlemaster1982
26th December 2008, 09:54 AM
Next week again Anuradha Sriram :evil:

Her hairstyle :oops: :shaking:

Madhu Sree
26th December 2008, 01:28 PM
Atlast, Aruna was eliminated.... :(

Four contestants were given chance to perform again...

Prasanna sang 'En kaadhale en kaadhale ennai enna seiya pogiraai', roumba alatikaama paadinaar... I really liked his performance, judges sonnaa maadhiri anga inga sruthi pochu...
but thts ok... he managed :)

Ajeesh sang 'Kaiyil midhakkum kanavaa nee', wowww wht a feel...
he really did justice to the song... originally, srini sang tht song... ajeesh really sang it with beautiful feel... :clap:

Vijay, sang some carnatical based song... not familiar with the song... but as srini pointed out, his voice was bit strained... he did a wonderful job indeed... nice singing by Vijay...

Aruna, Yeno judgeskku avanga performance pidikkavillai... she sang 'Mannavan Vandhaanadi', it was a difficult song indeed... but she managed to sing it wonderfully... I think she did a decent job... but all the three judges found tht there was a problem with shruthi here and there... but the sangadhis are too gud... then, srini told she can sing these kind of songs but she cud have chosen some other song... then she sang 'Chinna thaayaval thandha raasaave' it was gud as well... but when compared with the original song, it differed a bit... but stilll she is a brilliant singer... she is having a bright future... :D

Out of the three judges, I really like Unni, he is starting his comments in a positive note and later on he use to say the negative points...

Atlast, judges told Vijay and Ajeesh are going to the next round...
at last in danger zone were Prasanna and Aruna... and prasanna was adviced to be sincere and not casual as he was in this round... as the show has crossed many rounds, prasanna's singing was bit disappointing... yes, it is disappointing... and aruna was told tht she is eliminated... she took the elimination in the right spirit... b4 this she told tht she is having throat problem and she cried too... :( dont worry aruna u have a bright future... U deserve a sound clap... :clap: :clap: :clap: for the wonderful performances.....

littlemaster1982
26th December 2008, 01:35 PM
Vijay, sang some carnatical based song... not familiar with the song... but as srini pointed out, his voice was bit strained... he did a wonderful job indeed... nice singing by Vijay...

Uyirum Neeye - Pavithra.

Madhu Sree
26th December 2008, 01:35 PM

Uyirum Neeye - Pavithra.

Oh coool :o

Nerd
26th December 2008, 08:17 PM
Vijay killed uyirum neeyE. Ajeesh sang that song so well in an earlier round. Aruna is definitely much better than raaginisri and even ranjani. She has a distinct voice and can easily become the next Bombay Jeyshree. Hope her throat gets better and she gets a chance to sing for films..

directhit
28th December 2008, 06:41 PM
enna program nadathuraanga - if they are gonna choose waitlisted contestants in commercial round and they are allowed to again sing whatever genre they want then why have such a round itself :roll:
prasanna - srini kku ivaru mela irukkara gaandu is getting more and more evident :x
raginisri - she deserved to be in the WL list too
I thought Ravi's choice of song was totally off but his rappinng got him thru. i never like vijay but thought he was lot better (singing dhool) and didnt deserve to be in the WL in the first place.
i thought the contestants choose their own songs :? - but aruna's incident is now confusing
and now tht there are 3 girls and 5 guys wud they call back Tina/Deepshika etc :lol2:

machakalai
29th December 2008, 06:26 PM
நடுவர் தீர்ப்பு சில சமயங்களில் முன்பே முடிவு செய்யபடுவது போல தெரிகின்றது!

crajkumar_be
29th December 2008, 10:07 PM
yemotion round-amam..
Mano Bala: "Endha motion-um vendaam.. korachikko" :lol:

Ravi's sang 'Rumbumbum' well.
"Uyire uyire" was not a good choice IMO. Apart from being one of my least favorite Rahman songs i strongly feel it doesn't convey/bring out sadness and longing that well. Hariharan-e vandhu paadnaalum adhe dhaan nu nambaren

Raginisri :banghead:
She killed "Unnai kaanaadha kannum". What a song ma...
She sang "Sakalaka baebi" next. Adhu enna "Ooh" nu eppam vidra madhiri paadraanga indha category-la? ivanga comfort zone, so no surprises here :evil:

Roshan
29th December 2008, 10:26 PM
yemotion round-amam..
Mano Bala: "Endha motion-um vendaam.. korachikko" :lol:

enakkennavO non of the performances was impressive, including Ravi's.

Raaginisri singing unnai kaNaatha kaNNum - ithellaam top 8 category'la irukkuRathum naanga adha pAkkuRathum enga thalaiyezuthu :banghead:

And I felt all 4 were just performing for the sake of it without enthusiasm.

Anuradha, her hair style and costumes :banghead:

Nerd
30th December 2008, 08:52 AM
Raaginisri was pathetic alright, but Vijay was much worse. nyaayam-nu onnu irukku, so vijay will be shown the door. Ravi's ram bam bam was superb and loved his aalap in uyirE song. Easily the best ferformanss of the day. Ajeesh with a bad throat did very well. Hope he sings with open voice in the next round.

Madhu Sree
30th December 2008, 12:55 PM
நடுவர் தீர்ப்பு சில சமயங்களில் முன்பே முடிவு செய்யபடுவது போல தெரிகின்றது!

welcome machakalai for the airtel super singer thread...... :)

Madhu Sree
30th December 2008, 12:57 PM
gr8 updates... ravi, prasanna paadiyaacha... I missed yest... performances... :(

directhit
30th December 2008, 07:30 PM
Ravi was good with Ram bam bam
Raginisri - ippollaam endha round vachaalum adha comedy round aa bavichu padranga :thumbsup:
Vijay - ivangellam ennikkellam sodhapurangalo voice udane strain ayidudhu :lol2: shud have been spaat rejeeted after massacring thalaivar's vellai pookal :x anuradha found it good :shock:
Ajeesh - Did poongatre very well :D Not bad with Mustafa too

Roshan
30th December 2008, 09:07 PM
Ravi was good with Ram bam bam
Raginisri - ippollaam endha round vachaalum adha comedy round aa bavichu padranga :thumbsup:
Vijay - ivangellam ennikkellam sodhapurangalo voice udane strain ayidudhu :lol2: shud have been spaat rejeeted after massacring thalaivar's vellai pookal :x anuradha found it good :shock:
Ajeesh - Did poongatre very well :D Not bad with Mustafa too

Vijay was really sick. He was sneezing while singing thiruppAchi aRuvaala. ThummittellAm pAduRathu periya kodumai. AnurAdha mentioned this. And the Charanam of veLLai pookkaL was quite ok I felt.

Ajish's choice of songs were a bit of a let down. poongaRRE is not a popular number and Musthafa is a song beaten to death. He could have chosen songs like 'oru naNbanin kathai idhu' and 'naNbanE enathu uyir naNbanE' from the movie Sattam. It would have been different and would have suited his voice well.

Roshan
30th December 2008, 10:36 PM
Prasanna is the pick of this round :clap:

Rohith also did well :clap:

Renu - I have started wondering if she is over rated. engE enathu kavithai was a big let down and I felt the scale was a bit low. Charanam ending ellAm orE sothappal. Vaan mEgam was good but again she doesn't sound confident and emoting was missing. But I dont understand why the judges keep saying that she is a play back product. ippadiyellAm confidence illAma, emote paNNaama, eppavum tension'oda pAduravangathAn nalla play back singers aaga mudiyumA ? :confused2:

But her voice is very sweet.

Could watch only the 2nd song of Ranjini.

They picked Prasanna and Rohith as best performers in this round but finally decided to end the show with a happy note in view of new year - hence no elimination.

NaaLaikku yEthO New Year eve special program at 9 pm.

Nerd
30th December 2008, 11:54 PM
Ohh.. No eliminason?? AppOvE doubt aanEn.. Anyway super singer 2008-nnu sonnAinga. 2009-um vandhiruchE :banghead:

complicateur
31st December 2008, 04:15 AM
BAlu MahEndrA makes a pesal appearance. Easy to notice the reticence of some of the women in the audience to give the man a standing ovation :) . As always he had a lot of interesting things to say but it seemed like sarcasm when he brought up "unbiased opinion" from the judges. :)

The Rohit of the qualifying rounds is back. I think he has a few issues with breath control as did rENu surprisingly - very underwhelming performance from her. Ranjini kind of massacred my favorite P.B.S's song but it is a very tough song to sing.

Prasanna is without doubt the most consistent performer. He is very engaging, completely understands the words that are coming out of his mouth. He seems to understand that playback singing is not about solely about voice/technique.

Nerd
31st December 2008, 10:04 AM
Prasanna was amazing today. Definitely his best in the last few rounds. vaazhvE maayam had the right feel and he just freaked out with madaithiRandhu. Excellent stuff. Renu was disappointing, engE enadhu kavidhai especially. Rohit was superb with unakkena iruppEn, one of my favorite songs. I dont like Ranjani's voice, its too *mature* for my liking :)

gganesh
31st December 2008, 10:21 AM
Prasanna is simply superb. Srini has stopped complaining him about "imitating" voices. He is super cool. If he continues with similar performances then he will surely be in the last three.

Rohith is also slowly getting into the grove. He has to concentrate in low notes.

Renu is getting gung-ho comments from judges often. Judges have already decided that she will be in finals. Yesterday she was very pathetic but Anuradha Sriram talked about her tonality and thus praised her.

Ravi is not having the voice required for a playback singer. He sings well but I think his voice is not OK for film music. But as said he is also getting jabber comments from the judges.

Madhu Sree
31st December 2008, 11:31 AM
Prasanna is the pick of this round :clap:

Rohith also did well :clap:

Renu - I have started wondering if she is over rated. engE enathu kavithai was a big let down and I felt the scale was a bit low. Charanam ending ellAm orE sothappal. Vaan mEgam was good but again she doesn't sound confident and emoting was missing. But I dont understand why the judges keep saying that she is a play back product. ippadiyellAm confidence illAma, emote paNNaama, eppavum tension'oda pAduravangathAn nalla play back singers aaga mudiyumA ? :confused2:

But her voice is very sweet.

Could watch only the 2nd song of Ranjini.

They picked Prasanna and Rohith as best performers in this round but finally decided to end the show with a happy note in view of new year - hence no elimination.

NaaLaikku yEthO New Year eve special program at 9 pm.

actually all the participants gave decent performances...

I was able to watch the show rite from rohit's performance...

Rohit sang Unakkena iruppen, second song ngabagam illa... :(

Prasanna sang very gud songs, first a sad song, 'Vaazhve maayam' and 'Madai thirandhu paayum', he really did well... nice singing... he can be a very gud singer in the future... aana i dont know some times I use to feel tht he is immitating the original song, I never found his own style of singing... sorry if am wrong... :oops: I juz told wht i felt... :)

Renu chose 2 songs sung by chitra, 'Enge enadhu kavidhai', 'Vaan megam'... Ofcourse the first one was a masterpiece of chitra, Actually the song had excellent emotions, but renu, :sigh2: I think she cud have done it better... that song is a tuff one indeed, but atleast emotions konjam kondu vandhirukkalaam... the second song was better, yes she did well in the second song, but still, again feel was missing a bit, the happy feel is not present in her singing... But she can be a very gud play back singer, if she shows improvisation towards these kind of songs... nice voice... :)

Ranjini, Woww, I think yest she really did well... she sang 'Evano oruvan vaasikkiraan', 'Naalam naalam thirunaalam'... two tuff songs... yes, she cud have emoted even more better in the first song... coz originally it was sung by 'Swarnalatha' avanga maathiri emotional-aa paaduradhu kashtam thaan :)... But still ranjini did sooooooo welll especially at this sentence 'innisai mattum illaiyenraal naan enRo enRo iRandhiruppaen' .... Wowwwwieeee :clap:, she is having an excellent voice... high range-um nalla irukku, low note-um nalla irukku... second song was even more better... 'Naalam naalam'-la the sangathis were toooo gud...... roumba nalla irundhadhu... at last voice konjam problem aayiduchu... ofcourse, both songs had different voice ranges... mixture of hi-low notes, so definitely continuous-aa paadumpodhu kashtam thaan :(... but she really managed it well to give a gud performance... keep it up ranjini :clap:

Oops marandhe poyitten, balumahendra sir appreciated the three judges, then he asked them to sing 'En iniye pon nilave' :redjump: my favourite... :D eno judges kku lyrics marandhu poyiduchu pola, anga anga 'lalalaa, thararaa' nu pottu manage pannitaanga :|

I dont know I really liked anuradha sriram as a judge... she is performing gud as a judge... nallaa mistakes-a identify panraanga... rather thaan saying 'ange inge sruthi poyiduchu', she pointed out, 'at this lyrics ur singing was gud, at this lyrics the sruthi was missing a bit' :D she did a decent job yesterday... I like unni as well, avarum ipdi thaan... srini is gud at times :|... On the whole, yesterday they ended up with happy note... 'No elimination' :D....

Roshan
31st December 2008, 02:42 PM
BAlu MahEndrA makes a pesal appearance. Easy to notice the reticence of some of the women in the audience to give the man a standing ovation :) . As always he had a lot of interesting things to say but it seemed like sarcasm when he brought up "unbiased opinion" from the judges. :)

Yeah :lol: Adhai sollumpOthu they focussed the camera towards Srini :lol:

As Madhushree said, Anuradha's comments and feedback are really good with some essence.

The Rohit of the qualifying rounds is back. I think he has a few issues with breath control as did rENu surprisingly - very underwhelming performance from her. Ranjini kind of massacred my favorite P.B.S's song but it is a very tough song to sing

Yeah that song is really tough. Judges were prasing her evanO oruvan. I couldn't watch it. She is a better singer and I think the only problem with her is she doesn't perform with enthusiasm. seriousness kammi and takes things lightly. koncham yEnO thAnO type.

Prasanna is without doubt the most consistent performer. He is very engaging, completely understands the words that are coming out of his mouth. He seems to understand that playback singing is not about solely about voice/technique.

:exactly:

Ravi is not having the voice required for a playback singer. He sings well but I think his voice is not OK for film music. But as said he is also getting jabber comments from the judges

:exactly: This is what I have been saying from the beginning. His voice is nothing special. Ajish has got the best voice among the male contestants. And talented too.

crajkumar_be
31st December 2008, 02:58 PM
Prasanna kalakkittaapla.. And paattu appadi :smokesmirk:
Disappointed with the general choice of songs, particularly when the round is *emotion* round...

R.Latha
5th January 2009, 01:05 PM
சூப்பர் சிங்கர்

விஜய் டிவியில் ஒளிபரப்பாக இருக்கும் இந்த வார சூப்பர்சிங்கர் நிகழ்ச்சி, மற்றொரு தகுதிச் சுற்றாக அமையும். போட்டியில் கலந்து கொள்ளும் பாடகர்களுக்கு பின்னணி பாடகர்கள் மனோ, சித்ராவுடன் இணைந்து பாடும் அரிய வாய்ப்பும் வழங்கப்படுகிறது. இந்த சுற்றில் இருக்கும் அஜீஷ், விஜய் நாராயணன், ரஞ்சித், பிரசன்னா, ரவி, ராகினி ஸ்ரீ, ரஞ்சினி, ரேணு ஆகியோரே நிகழ்ச்சியில் சிறப்பு விருந்தினர்களாக வரும் சித்ரா மற்றும் மனோவுடன் சேர்ந்து பாடும் வாய்ப்பை பெற்றவர்கள்.

இந்த சுற்றில் மனோ, சித்ரா இருவருக்கும் பிடித்த பாடகருக்கு சிறப்பு பரிசும் உண்டு.

பின்னணி பாடகர்களான சுஜாதா மற்றும் ஸ்ரீநிவாஸ் நடுவர்களாக இருக்கும் இந்த நிகழ்ச்சியை திங்கள் முதல் புதன் வரை தினமும் இரவு 9 மணிக்கு விஜய் டிவியில் காணலாம்.

Roshan
5th January 2009, 11:31 PM
Any one who watched tonight's show? :roll:

Naanum pArthEn (missed Vijay's ) but was having a terrible head ache so couldn't concentrate at all.

crajkumar_be
6th January 2009, 11:08 AM

Naanum pArthEn (missed Vijay's ) but was having a terrible head ache so couldn't concentrate at all.
I missed it. My wife said Raginisri's ferformance wasn't great, as usual. And guess what Srini has commented???
(something like) "Sruthi problems but overall nalla irundhuchu" :lol2:

Roshan
6th January 2009, 11:11 AM

I missed it. My wife said Raginisri's ferformance wasn't great, as usual. And guess what Srini has commented???
(something like) "Sruthi problems but overall nalla irundhuchu" :lol2:

Adha pArthathum thalai vali innum athigamAyiduchu :x

sudha india
6th January 2009, 01:44 PM
Monday night :

Judges : Srini and Sujatha (Unni missing)

Sigarangaludan sangeetam sutru.
Sigarangal : Chitra and Mano

Special prize : Keyboard to 2 singers liked by the sigarams.

First, Vijay sang with Chitra a melody (pathos) Then Kilaku cheemaiyile. Very well rendered by vijay. Liked by everyone. Neat performance.
Good start.

Second was Ragini with Mano for (Bakthi pattu)Mukkala Mukkabula. As usual shruthi problem. Looked over confident. Judges pointed out the shruthi but as usual they said they enjoyed. Song naduvula vara ooyaara .... bit pada theriyalainnu unmaiyai sonnanga.

Then Prasanna sang nethu oruthar oruthara pathom with chitra. Very entertaining and good. He tried singing like Raja sir.

After this Mano entertained everyone by singing this song in a very saaaaad note. Was hilarious and too good.

Ravi sang malayala karai ooram thamizh padum kuruvi with Mano. Pramathama padinaar. Judges oru korai kooda sollalai.

Rohith sang thooliyile ada vandha vanathu min vilakke with Mano. As usual good and enjoyable.

To be continued.............

Promo-la Renu's singingla edho problem. Looks like she forgot the words. Nalla singers ipdi sodhappi, Raginiya adutha roundskku anupparanga.....

Roshan
6th January 2009, 02:42 PM
Hi Sudha .. Good to see you :)

Thanks for the update. I Missed the first 15 mins. Naan pArkumpOthu Vijay was singing the last line of thenkizakku cheemaiyila. A great number and one of my most favourite ARR-VM combo songs. And Chitra's rendition :notworthy:

Madhu Sree
6th January 2009, 03:56 PM
Monday night :

Judges : Srini and Sujatha (Unni missing)

Sigarangaludan sangeetam sutru.
Sigarangal : Chitra and Mano

Special prize : Keyboard to 2 singers liked by the sigarams.

Yes, it was chitra and mano, made the special presence, they are the legends but they were so simple... :bow:

First, Vijay sang with Chitra a melody (pathos) Then Kilaku cheemaiyile. Very well rendered by vijay. Liked by everyone. Neat performance.
Good start.

Yes vijay was soooperb yesterday, at the start his voice was bit shaking, but later on he managed well, he is having a wonderful voice... nalla feel... he sang 'Then kizhakku seemaiyila' the sad bit... it was cool, chitra appreciated him :D

Second was Ragini with Mano for (Bakthi pattu)Mukkala Mukkabula. As usual shruthi problem. Looked over confident. Judges pointed out the shruthi but as usual they said they enjoyed. Song naduvula vara ooyaara .... bit pada theriyalainnu unmaiyai sonnanga.

I think this time she did a decent performance, gud choice of song for her cracky throat :P, this type of songs suits her well... yes sruthi konjam pochu, still she managed it well, actually oru periya singeroda paadaromra bayamellam illamal, njoi panni paadinaar...
gud :clap:, the last harmony was cool... but mike konjam thallli vecha paadinaathaan nalla irukkum as srini told... gud one...

Then Prasanna sang nethu oruthar oruthara pathom with chitra. Very entertaining and good. He tried singing like Raja sir.

As I told some posts back, prasanna always tries to immitate or mimic the original song, illayaraja ayya maadhiriye mimic panna try panninaar and he succeded as well... but IMO, he can show his own style, that is missing in almost all the performances and judges too failed in judging this point... but the singing part is as usually sooooperb :clap: he told he didnt learn carnatic music :o, konjam sruthi problem irundhudhu... but still, he gave an entertaining performance, tht too at the second half of the song... :D

After this Mano entertained everyone by singing this song in a very saaaaad note. Was hilarious and too good.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

yes, tht was an hilarious stuff, tht tooo with expressions :rotfl2:, and the orchestra did add fun toooooo,,, :D

Ravi sang malayala karai ooram thamizh padum kuruvi with Mano. Pramathama padinaar. Judges oru korai kooda sollalai.

Ravi did a decent job, the contrast between mano sir's voice and ravi's voice was nice to hear... oru legendoda paadaromnu konjam bayam therindhadhennavo unmai, but he really njoied singing the latter part of the song

Rohith sang thooliyile ada vandha vanathu min vilakke with Mano. As usual good and enjoyable.

Yeno immurai rohith's performance was unsatisfactory, it was juz an OK performance, judges told tht they really expected a lot... yes :(, dont know he sang it in a sad note, 'thooliyile aada vandha' song has kinda innocent type of feeling, but rohith sang it with a pathos feeling...but still, voice was excellent, nice choice of song... :)

Nerd
6th January 2009, 08:11 PM
Except Prasanna everyone else was horrible yesterday. The choice of songs were superb but they could not sing half as good as the original singers. Raaginisri was the worst by a mile. Prasanna's charanam was superb. Mano and Ravi sang malayaaLa karayOram together. It sounded like a duet (male-female). What a contrast! Ravi singing hero-introductions is hilarious :rotfl:

Chitra, take a bow. Waat a voice yA :bow:

directhit
6th January 2009, 08:25 PM
Except Prasanna everyone else was horrible yesterday.
Raaginisri was the worst by a mile. :exactly:
Rohit seemed upset abt something. kadaisi sangathi Mano kooda sendhu padittarunna? :?
Srini :hammer: for comments on Raginisri and :thumbsup: for comments on Prasanna - indha vishayathulayavadhu thirundhitta srinikku :clap:

Vivasaayi
6th January 2009, 09:37 PM
raaginisri and ks chitra singing togethor...

its like ishanth sharma batting with sachins MRF bat..and sachins is his parter.

but its chitra...as srini said!

Nerd
6th January 2009, 10:00 PM
Anoop, neengaLum YouTube?? :)

The indya posters are saying that raaginisri is going to be eliminated in this round. What :shock:

Roshan
6th January 2009, 10:00 PM
Except Prasanna everyone else was horrible yesterday. The choice of songs were superb but they could not sing half as good as the original singers. Raaginisri was the worst by a mile. Prasanna's charanam was superb. Mano and Ravi sang malayaaLa karayOram together. It sounded like a duet (male-female). What a contrast! Ravi singing hero-introductions is hilarious :rotfl:

Correct !

Ravi's singing malayAla karaiyOram was pathetic IMO. Rohit was horrible. Prasanna and Vijay were good but Prasanna changed his voice totally like IR. Competition'la intha stage'la ippadi paNRathu koncham idikkuthu. kELvi gnAnathulathAn pAduREn - music kathukala'nu sonnathu enakku :shock:

Chitra, take a bow. Waat a voice yA :bow:

She's a legend. Avanga pAduRatha pAthuttE irukkalAm pOla irukku. Little while ago she sang kaNNamoochi yEnada - starting'leyE she pulls it off for a six. Enna oru singer :notworthy:

raaginisri and ks chitra singing togethor...

its like ishanth sharma batting with sachins MRF bat..and sachins is his parter.

She 'tried' to sing pAdaRiyEn padippaRiyEn :rotfl2: Srini thirunthuRa mAthiri irukku :confused2: (too late though) His comments "Raagini you bit more than what you could chew" :rotfl: ivarukku ellAmE late'a thAn puriyuthu. Viralukku yEtha veekkam vEnum'nu naanga Raagini'ku eppavO sollittOm.

Rohith innaikku koncham paravAillai - with oru jeevan.

Renu vazhakkampOla 'no confidence' singing. Forgot the lines and sothapified. Later picked up with the help of Chitra. But voice is lovely.

Ranjiniyum sollikRa mAthiri illa.

Ajish - MalargaLE with Chithra - ordinary

Ravi - KalyAna thEn nila - his un impressive voice is the problem even though his singing is perfect. It was the same case this time too.

Shakthiprabha.
6th January 2009, 10:09 PM
Some friends (who are singers themselves) of mine actually like raginisri's singing, I dont know anything about this programme or her :?

I shall try and watch and decide if I really like her music sense :?

viraajan
6th January 2009, 10:28 PM
Ragini sumaar :?

Ranjini sodhappal starting but picked up in the charanam. She really did well! :thumbsup:

Ajeesh - Pretty normal.... Vadivel's style: Kurale varalaye.. :huh: (But :shock: that he was chosen the best singer of the day :shock: )

Ravi - :rotfl: Super sodhappals!!!

Rohit - :| Sodhappals plus konjam good too...

Renu's singing was good today...

:) :)

Roshan,

namba ravi sodhappittaru... :lol:

directhit
7th January 2009, 07:09 AM
Anoop, neengaLum YouTube?? :)
The indya posters are saying that raaginisri is going to be eliminated in this round. What :shock: yeah, ad break oda paakaradha vida this saves some time :P either blogisai or thaayakam.com
Deepshika va eliminate pannitaanga idhukkapuram raginisri ponaa enna :lol2:

Prasanna changed his voice totally like IR. Competition'la intha stage'la ippadi paNRathu koncham idikkuthu. kELvi gnAnathulathAn pAduREn - music kathukala'nu sonnathu enakku :shock: I felt the IR feel was only for the pallavi part, later he changed it. Indha kelvi gnanam thing he tol in his first round i guess, still remember him saying he came to the show with compulsion of his office colleagues, he came direct from office or something like that 8-)

I shall try and watch and decide if I really like her music sense :? dressing sense nu venaa sollalaam, adhuvum pasanga venaa ok solluvaanga :lol2:

Ranjini sodhappal starting but picked up in the charanam. She really did well! :thumbsup: is it :shock: i felt she was singing as though she was drunk in the promos - veetukku poi today only gotto see. and how come u missed en fav Prasanna :evil:

complicateur
7th January 2009, 08:39 AM
Antha troupe-la irukkura ellAr mElayum idi vizhaNum. They managed to make nEththu oruththara oruththara pArththOm sound bad. :evil:

Nerd
7th January 2009, 08:52 AM
Chitra enna paavam panninaangaLO, avanga national award vaanga kaaranamaayirundha paadal, ennatha solla. The most pathetic attempt at paadariyEn ever. Chitra who was always smiling got a little irritated with raaginisri. mathavangaLukkellAm negatives-E solladhavunga, raaginiku neraya sonnaanga. Raagini herself admitted that she did not sing well, but aNNan sreenivas was like, nallA dhAn paaduneenga but... :hammer: So finally she is gona go out of the show. Bring back the girls I say, 2 on 5 is not fair at all. Deepshika should be brought back through a wild card!!

All others were unimpressive. Ajeesh just sang 4 lines but have to admit he did sing better than all others excluding Prasanna :twisted: Looks like Renu will get the keyboard tomorrow!

Thirumaran
7th January 2009, 09:45 AM
Chitra enna paavam panninaangaLO, avanga national award vaanga kaaranamaayirundha paadal, ennatha solla. The most pathetic attempt at paadariyEn ever. Chitra who was always smiling got a little irritated with raaginisri.

True. Raagini moasamaa paadumnu theriyum. Entha alavukku moasam nnu naethu chitra kooda paadum boathu romba clear aa irunthuchu :rotfl: antha ponna intha alaukku kondu vantha judjes :banghead: :hammer: Eppadiyum intha round eliminate aaganum :roll: New year la elimination vaendaamnu solliduvaangalo :twisted:

sudha india
7th January 2009, 10:26 AM
Will there be a wild card round ?

Roshan
7th January 2009, 10:30 AM
Will there be a wild card round ?

Think so and Raaginisri will be brought back :lol2:

sudha india
7th January 2009, 10:34 AM
I was also thinking on the same lines. But adukku munnadi avanga eliminate aganume :huh:

Indha thread padikkattiyum, Indya.com posts-a judgesum padipangannu ninaikiren. (Raginiyum padipangalo ?)

Thirumaran
7th January 2009, 10:37 AM
Indha thread padikkattiyum, Indya.com posts-a judgesum padipangannu ninaikiren. (Raginiyum padipangalo ?)

So :huh: Avanga thirunthida poaraangalaa :lol2: Naama politicians a thitrathu avangalukku theriyaamalaa irukku :lol2: Arasiyalla ithellaam saathaaranamappa :mrgreen:

directhit
7th January 2009, 10:42 AM
New year la elimination vaendaamnu solliduvaangalo :twisted: adhu pona vaaram

sudha india
7th January 2009, 10:43 AM
True, but vedhanaiya irukku.
Kalaigalum arasiyalagudhe :cry2:

Thirumaran
7th January 2009, 10:44 AM
New year la elimination vaendaamnu solliduvaangalo :twisted: adhu pona vaaram

oh yeah :P eppadiyo naatula nallathu nadanthaa sari :boo:

Thirumaran
7th January 2009, 10:45 AM
True, but vedhanaiya irukku.
Kalaigalum arasiyalagudhe :cry2:

neenga porathappavae ithukaaga azhuthuteenga :wink: Vidunga ippa ethukku thirumbavum :P

sudha india
7th January 2009, 10:48 AM
Solradhu sarithan. Buthikku theriyudhu. Manasu valikkudhu.

Shakthiprabha.
7th January 2009, 02:13 PM
I saw the performance of

Ranjani
Raaginishri
Rohit
Ravi (kalyana thenila?)

I couldn't see ajish whom chitra chose 'best of the day'

Ranjani - Good shruthi, clarity in voice is good, she gets involved with the raaga and tune, her voice is not WHOLESOME, mainly because, u need to blend and gel with the meaning of lyrics along with raaga. That is called bhava. That I felt was missing which makes the voice flat. I think this is wh at sujatha tried to say, when she said, we could hear the completeness when chitra sang.

Dragging.

Her emotiosn were FLAT. I would rate her good enough.

Rohit - was good, shruthi was distrubed at few places. Voice broke at few other places (if noticed carefully. good enough. Didn't drag thankfully.

Ravi - Perfect enough. Dragging. Participants should watch they dont drag the song, in the desire to enjoy the tune or raaga. It has immediate effect on the viewers and the rating goes down.

Raaginishri. - Chose a TOUGH song, try not to choose a tough song with swaras dear. Song which had high pitched swaras and fast beats :(

Her thaalam (rhythm) completely screwed up. Beats were dangling and chitra had to take it up with force to remind her of beats.

Absolutely NIL CONFIDENCE. She was shaking, at places her voice was shaking too :( and she was too naive, did not know how to hide her fear too :(

Swaras brugas, awesome.

draggings nil

She can be fine tuned and moulded well to be a very good singer.

Voice.... :clap: Kuralil UYIR irunthathu. This is the GREATEST plus point. Her voice was wholesome, not incomplete like most.

___

I would wait for few more episodes, to come to conclusion about every participants though :?

So, as of now, Herez the first supporter of raaginishri (from hub?) , amidst too many booings for her. Do well dear. :thumbsup:

Before someone says lemme add...

my comments were based on 'MHO'

crajkumar_be
7th January 2009, 02:19 PM
I wish Sujatha shuts her mouth and doesnt SING when people like Chitra are around. ippadi oru voice-a vechikittu, PLEASE, Sujatha!... :curse: :cry2: :shaking:

viraajan
7th January 2009, 02:26 PM
:shock:
I'm shocked to see your post? :?

Sujatha's voice bad? :shock:

crajkumar_be
7th January 2009, 02:29 PM

Enna ippadi kettupteenga? Sujatha is in my acid list for that infuriating false voice of hers (avanga arumayaana paadagar-ngaradhu vera vishayam)

And idhellaam irundhum summa irundha enna, nethu Chitra paadna paatta paada attempt panni seendi vittuttainga.

Roshan varrathukku munnadi naan S aidren :yessir:

Shakthiprabha.
7th January 2009, 02:30 PM

me too :|

Btw, I forgot to add,

Raagini was panting thro the sang (couldn't keep up with the speed) which was again a black mark as a singer.

If we see great singers, they take the mike farther away, at regular intervals, once the singing is done (breathe) then take it back closer (all in split seconds) someone plz educate her about keeping the mike away at intervals (so that she can breathe wihtout being audible ) :|

viraajan
7th January 2009, 02:31 PM

Enna ippadi kettupteenga? Sujatha is in my acid list for that infuriating false voice of hers (avanga arumayaana paadagar-ngaradhu vera vishayam)

And idhellaam irundhum summa irundha enna, nethu Chitra paadna paatta paada attempt panni seendi vittuttainga.

:( :(

I love her voice....

My personal opinion,
She hasn't been given her due in TFM :cry2:

Roshan, Sujatha's fan ah... 8-)

sudha india
7th January 2009, 03:21 PM
Raagini was panting thro the sang (couldn't keep up with the speed) which was again a black mark as a singer.

If we see great singers, they take the mike farther away, at regular intervals, once the singing is done (breathe) then take it back closer (all in split seconds) someone plz educate her about keeping the mike away at intervals (so that she can breathe wihtout being audible ) :|

Enakku adutha velai adhudhan....

directhit
7th January 2009, 08:30 PM
Ranjani - superaa padinaanga :clap: :clap:
Ajeesh was good, but as judges said he was singing within his mouth itself. Prasanna voda IR voice saayal aala keyboard pochu.
Raginisri - :rotfl: good keep it up :thumbsup:
Ravi was good

Hope prasanna rocks today with Mano 8-)

crajkumar_be
7th January 2009, 10:05 PM
Flash News: Heard from ym wife that Ragini is out

viraajan
7th January 2009, 10:07 PM
Yeah... She is :|

viraajan
7th January 2009, 10:08 PM
Mano :hammer:

Prasanna deserves the "singer of the Day" :argh:

Mano chose Vijay :huh:

I'm not happy :cry2:

Nerd
7th January 2009, 10:09 PM
Did raaginisri cry? And vijay-yA?? What blasphemy is this :hammer:

viraajan
7th January 2009, 10:12 PM
I think she dint cry...

I tuned to someother channel when Srini said that she is out :|

crajkumar_be
7th January 2009, 10:17 PM
I think she dint cry...

Oh neenga fans-a?

Vijay-a??? EKSI

Shakthiprabha.
7th January 2009, 10:33 PM
I did not see these people perform before. First time heard them yesterday and today.

I kinda loved the 'JEEVAN' in raaganishri's voice. The voice had so much LIFE. I felt sad she was chucked out :(

Whoever sang, athangara marame (renu?)
was okei. Her performance had no complaints, nor anything worthy or appreciable to mention. JUST CLEAR PASS in all level.

Ranjani's voice was crystal clear, brugas just flowed smoothly, but maam, PLZ GEL with the MOOD (music is not just enjoying the raaga and their own voice floating in raaga, but also bhav and feel for the song)

whoever mano chose as his fav, was kinda okei (in my opinion) his voice could have been peppy :| (english song he sang was better) His voice sounded hollow with lower energy. Shruthi probs at few places.

Ajeesh, was good, emoting well, nasal tone to be checked (rightly pointed out)

I dont know the name of the guy who sang "adho minnal thoranam" had a lovely voice, his voice emited the mood of the song, romance, at right level. rendu moonu edathula shruthi faultered and clicked a wrong note very badly (acc to me)

Thirumaran
8th January 2009, 09:36 AM
dandanakka :boo: yeh danakku nakka :rendjump: yeh raagini out akkaa.. yeh yekkaa yekkkaa, yekkaa, yekkaa :bluejump:

viraajan
8th January 2009, 09:52 AM
I think she dint cry...

Oh neenga fans-a?

Vijay-a??? EKSI

:notthatway:

What i meant is, after Srini declared that she is out, "consoling formalities" was going on :lol: So i tuned... :yes:

viraajan
8th January 2009, 09:55 AM
dandanakka :boo: yeh danakku nakka :rendjump: yeh raagini out akkaa.. yeh yekkaa yekkkaa, yekkaa, yekkaa :bluejump:

Not only Ragini,

Personally i feel, none of the female participants are up to the mark :?
But i must also agree that Renu has a good voice and she does magic at times... especially "endha poovilum vasam undu" was excellent... :clap:
Yesterday also she was good :thumbsup:

The other gal (ranjani?) has picked up of late.... she was bad at start and now she does a fair job....

Guys la Ravi and Prasanna are damn good especially the latter... Ravi was very good and he's not been that good in last few rounds :(

Nerd
8th January 2009, 10:59 AM
Vijay killed one of my all-time favorites. aayirathil naan oruvan from Iruvar. That he got the best ferformanss of the day fuels my anger. Vijay should not be singing anywhere apart from his bathroom. Chitraji said Rohit sang better than her but Srinivas hates him so much. aanaa Rohit paadurappO ovvoru line-kkum vaNdi start pannra maadhiri oru jerk viduraaru, sema baadi language :lol:

Raaginisri is out, the cameraman would be the most disappointed. Who is he going to focus now? Renu or Ranjini??

Mano was hilarious. To Ranjani he said, neengaLum naanum orE maadhiri irukkOm, dance aadinA nallA irukkum :rotfl:

directhit
8th January 2009, 11:03 AM
Personally i feel, none of the female participants are up to the mark :?
But i must also agree that Renu has a good voice and she does magic at times... especially "endha poovilum vasam undu" was excellent... :clap:
Yesterday also she was good :thumbsup:

The other gal (ranjani?) has picked up of late.... she was bad at start and now she does a fair job....

Guys la Ravi and Prasanna are damn good especially the latter... Ravi was very good and he's not been that good in last few rounds :( IMO Deepshika was better than all except Renu

directhit
8th January 2009, 11:04 AM
Vijay killed one of my all-time favorites. aayirathil naan oruvan from Iruvar. That he got the best ferformanss of the day fuels my anger. Vijay should not be singing anywhere apart from his bathroom. :lol: i hate that guy's singing and the guy's attitude too :oops:

How was Prasanna? 8-)

viraajan
8th January 2009, 11:06 AM
aanaa Rohit paadurappO ovvoru line-kkum vaNdi start pannra maadhiri oru jerk viduraaru, sema baadi language :lol:

Raaginisri is out, the cameraman would be the most disappointed. Who is he going to focus now? Renu or Ranjini??

1.. :rotfl:
2. :rotfl2:

Yes.... his bodylanguage was :rotfl:
Mukkiyama, vandi romba jerk aanadhu, when he sang that duet with chithra... :rotfl:

Thirumaran
8th January 2009, 11:06 AM
Raaginisri is out, the cameraman would be the most disappointed.

:rotfl:

viraajan
8th January 2009, 11:08 AM
Vijay killed one of my all-time favorites. aayirathil naan oruvan from Iruvar. That he got the best ferformanss of the day fuels my anger. Vijay should not be singing anywhere apart from his bathroom. :lol: i hate that guy's singing and the guy's attitude too :oops:

How was Prasanna? 8-)

Prasanna was great yday.. :clap:

Sema feel, mood, supera paadinaru...

i thot he'll recv the keyboard :? :hammer:

Deepshika? :roll: I dont remember :oops:
betw, i started regularly watching it only since nov-dec :?

Nerd
8th January 2009, 11:14 AM
Prasanna-kku starting trouble irunthuchu but picked it up later. nEthu oruthara was better than today's attempt.

Roshan
8th January 2009, 01:06 PM

:( :(

I love her voice....

My personal opinion,
She hasn't been given her due in TFM :cry2:

Roshan, Sujatha's fan ah... 8-)

Vidhya,

I am not particularly a fan of Sujatha (my all time favourite is Vani Jeyaram followed by Chitra). But I have no complaints regarding her. UngaLa mAthirithAn naanum Bala'oda comment mudhal vAtti pAthu shock aanEn :) Because according to me Sujatha is a good singer, with a nice voice and she is technically sound as well. And I agree that she has not been given her due in TFM. The long break that she took from singing after her marriage (which I read in one of her interviews) contributed to that I feel . She is more recognised after she started working with ARR.

However, afte watching her singing in ASS - I need to agree with Bala regarding the 'false voice' thing. Adhu koncham irukkuthu and because of that it's a bit difficult to 'watch' her singing. AanA athukkAga acid list'la pOdanumA enguRathuthAn ennudaiya apiprAyam :P

crajkumar_be
8th January 2009, 01:16 PM
Roshan,
seri, eppo treatu? :razz:

Roshan
8th January 2009, 01:40 PM
Roshan,
seri, eppo treatu? :razz:

Wild card round irukkE .. so no treatu ippOthaikku :P

viraajan
8th January 2009, 02:15 PM
Vidhya,

I am not particularly a fan of Sujatha (my all time favourite is Vani Jeyaram followed by Chitra). But I have no complaints regarding her. UngaLa mAthirithAn naanum Bala'oda comment mudhal vAtti pAthu shock aanEn :) Because according to me Sujatha is a good singer, with a nice voice and she is technically sound as well. And I agree that she has not been given her due in TFM. The long break that she took from singing after her marriage (which I read in one of her interviews) contributed to that I feel . She is more recognised after she started working with ARR.

:cool2:

I love her voice. I'm not a gr8 fan of her. Janaki is my all time fav :bow:

crajkumar_be
8th January 2009, 02:44 PM
She is more recognised after she started working with ARR.
Pardon my ignorance, but avanga work panna start pannadhe ARR-kitta dhaane? Illaya?

viraajan
8th January 2009, 02:53 PM
She is more recognised after she started working with ARR.
Pardon my ignorance, but avanga work panna start pannadhe ARR-kitta dhaane? Illaya?

http://www.sujatha.in/sujatha.htm

:) :)

It says that her 1st song was in Malayalam. In Tamil, her debut was with IR :)

crajkumar_be
8th January 2009, 03:07 PM
:oops:
"idhu theriyama oru moonu naalu thadava ticket eduthuttanappa!"

:ashamed:

viraajan
8th January 2009, 03:11 PM

Ada enakke ippa thane theriyum...

Roshan
8th January 2009, 03:30 PM

Ada enakke ippa thane theriyum...

Oh ! :lol: Her first song in Thamizh was in Gayathri if I remember correct - kaalai paniyil. Johny'la oru iniya manathu song'um avangathAnnu nenekiREn but mostly it is stated as Jency or SPS. Moonu pERum antha kAlathula kittathatta orE style and voice. Difficult to identify.

Madhu Sree
8th January 2009, 03:35 PM
hope its jency :confused2:

viraajan
8th January 2009, 03:41 PM
Jency voice identify pandradhu romba easy....

sirikkum sirrrippinil orrru mayakkam parrravudhe...

Jency was yesteryear's Madhu Shree (not namba singer cum Hubber)

:yessir:

Madhu Sree
8th January 2009, 03:43 PM
:roll: :D

Shakthiprabha.
8th January 2009, 03:45 PM
Its jency (jency voice-la oru konjal cum mazhalai irukkum)

viraajan
8th January 2009, 03:48 PM

Her voice has got something special... Mesmerizing voice... but pronunciation :banghead:

But seriously, if jency songs such as En Vanile etc were sung by Janaki amma, wowww..... :bow: Have no words to express :bow:

Roshan
8th January 2009, 03:57 PM

Sujatha's kaalai paniyil voice is almost same as oru iniya manathu. I remember reading somehwhere that Sujatha has sang in Johny too. Vidhya kodutha linkleyum mention paNNi irukkaanga. inthapAttAthAn irukkanumnu nenekkiREn.

Shakthiprabha.
8th January 2009, 04:03 PM
Sujatha didn't sing in johny roshan.
All songs were sung by jency(oru iniya manadhu, en vaanile) and katril enthan geetham alone is janaki.

mgb
8th January 2009, 04:04 PM

Sujatha's kaalai paniyil voice is almost same as oru iniya manathu. I remember reading somehwhere that Sujatha has sang in Johny too. Vidhya kodutha linkleyum mention paNNi irukkaanga. inthapAttAthAn irukkanumnu nenekkiREn.
en vaanile by jency
kaatril by janaki
oru iniya manadhu (the one in the film) by sujatha
I guess there was one more version of 'oru iniya manathu' by jency also in the cassettes

viraajan
8th January 2009, 04:09 PM
May be Sujatha's version in Johnny wasn't used in movie :?

I'm very much sure that both En Vanile and Oru Iniya were sung by Jency :roll:

Roshan
8th January 2009, 04:10 PM

en vaanile by jency
kaatril by janaki
oru iniya manadhu (the one in the film) by sujatha
I guess there was one more version of 'oru iniya manathu' by jency also in the cassettes

:D Thanks Ganesh - ithukkuthAn naalum therinjavanga vEnumgrathu :P I was listening to en vaanilE and oru iniya now and I could feel the difference. I also listened to kaalai paniyil - oru iniya manathu is Sujatha. Neenga solRa mAthiri Jency version'um irukkunnu nenekiREn.

And SPS has sung aasaiya kAthula thoothu vittu - in Johny .

viraajan
8th January 2009, 04:10 PM
Nan porumaiya type panni mudikkarathukulla ellarum solli mudichuteenga :oops:

Ravi_odiyur
8th January 2009, 04:33 PM
"Oru iniya manadhu" was definitely sung by Sujatha - atleast the version in the movie. If you intently listen to the song you would be able to notice the resemblence to Sujatha's voice of today.

"Kaalai paniyil" form Gayathri was also sung by Sujatha.

Another nice number of Sujatha during that period was "Kaadhal Oviyam" from the movie Kavikuyil. But "Chinna Kannan azhaikiraan" became more popular because it was rendered by Balamuralikrishna (one of the two versions). However the "Kaadhal Oviyam" is a lovely melody number.

directhit
8th January 2009, 07:25 PM
oh, i too was under the impression sujatha started under thalaivar in tamil :oops:

ajeesh sang ok. ranjani sang well i thought. somedays she sounds even better than Renu :shock:
vijay :x wth they gave the keyboard to him :rant: looks like they choose different group of ppl than the ones who got music system in one of the prev rounds (guess ravi/renu/prasanna got that :roll:) - other than that i cannot think of any reason for such a choice
prasanna - wonderful feel :musicsmile: from a long time, i feel that they are trying to eliminate him coz of his age :evil:
renu - looks like a wrong choice of song with mano singing most of it - idhula kadacha nalanju lines a sujatha vera kooda sendhu padaraanga :huh: ivangalukkum anuradha sriram vyadhi thothikucho :?

and whts with this vijay adams vijay marx crap :x - Lovebirds padathula prabhudeva A B C D solradhukku vadivelu kudukkara reaction madhiri irukku ivanga reaction to his english songs singing :lol2:
eng songs paadina sunitha sarathy padanum :yes: :smokesmirk:

Madhu Sree
8th January 2009, 07:42 PM
I think Raagini chose a difficult song, breathing problem irundhudhu... but the classical style definetely suits her... but still she cud hve chosen a much easier song... anyways all the best raaginisri :)

crajkumar_be
8th January 2009, 07:43 PM
eng songs paadina sunitha sarathy padanum :yes: :smokesmirk:
How can you forget Vaigaippuyal's rendition of "Singing In The Rain" ? :huh:

crajkumar_be
8th January 2009, 07:44 PM
and whts with this vijay adams vijay marx crap :x - Lovebirds padathula prabhudeva A B C D solradhukku vadivelu kudukkara reaction madhiri irukku ivanga reaction to his english songs singing :lol2:

nethum Vijay english song paadnaara?

Shakthiprabha.
8th January 2009, 07:45 PM
I think Raagini chose a difficult song, breathing problem irundhudhu... but the classical style definetely suits her... but still she cud hve chosen a much easier song... anyways all the best raaginisri :)

I cant believe someone to sympathises with her .
Finally... I aint alone :ty:

directhit
8th January 2009, 07:45 PM
:lol: CR - sunitha sarathy also in ur acid list :? - naangellam ennikku avanga singing a gavanichom :noteeth:

yeah - he sang some richard marx song :oops: i donno which one, but it sounded so stupid to me :x

SP akka - neenga oru rendu moonu episode munnadilerundhu pathirukkanum. many contestants (read Deepshika :P) lost the place in an effort to drag her along

crajkumar_be
8th January 2009, 07:54 PM
:lol: CR - sunitha sarathy also in ur acid list :?

Nevaire!

Shakthiprabha.
8th January 2009, 08:07 PM
anoop,

:? hmm.... I suppose so :?
yup its hasty to come to conclusion with just a single show :)

Nerd
8th January 2009, 08:10 PM

:rotfl: :thumbsup: ivungallAm munnapinna inglis saangs kEttadhillayA? I was extremely annoyed when they chose his summer of 69 as the best performance. So many voice cracks, bad English etc. NEthu innum kEvalamA irunthuchu :banghead:

equanimus
8th January 2009, 08:28 PM
Isn't that one from 'rAsaiyyA'? (oru general knowledge'kku dhAn.)

viraajan
8th January 2009, 08:32 PM

Me too :exactly:

Her voice is more for classical than for other songs....

But yes, it was surprising that she sang "Kodanu kodi" kuthu song beautifully... :shock:

I loved her voice in Kartin Mozhi (even tho there was a tempo prob which made it like a keerthanai [as pointed out by srini]) :)

Nerd
8th January 2009, 08:34 PM
Isn't that one from 'rAsaiyyA'? (oru general knowledge'kku dhAn.)
Yes, you are right!

Roshan
9th January 2009, 08:30 AM

But yes, it was surprising that she sang "Kodanu kodi" kuthu song beautifully... :shock:

I loved her voice in Kartin Mozhi (even tho there was a tempo prob which made it like a keerthanai [as pointed out by srini]) :)

:banghead: kARRin mozhi was a disaster. Raagini'ku vakkAlathu vAnguRa SriniyE rendu episode'ku appuRam 'your kARRin mozhi was a disaster'-nu sonnAr. Sujatha was about to cry watching her beautiful song getting massacred.

For heaven's sake - they are looking for a play back singer - and not a crack voice, panting carnatic singer who is good at keerthanais.

Raagini massacre paNNa songs innum pala uNdu. And her crack voice is nothing special. Already there are too many in TF industry with such rough voices.

ellAtheyum mannikkalAm but Raaginiya program'la persist paNNuRathukkAga - Madhumitha S, Aishwarya, Deepshika - pOnRa thiRamaiyum, kural vaLamum uLLa nalla singers'a eliminate paNNatha mannikkavE mudiyAthu :evil: Even Aruna was better than Raagini.

complicateur
9th January 2009, 09:04 AM
To clarify, SujAtha first sang a song in Kavikkuyil that was not included in the movie. She was something like 10 or 12 when she sang that song. She was popular as baby SujAthA in KeraLa (avinga royal family-nga) and did plenty of stage shows as DAsettan.

viraajan
9th January 2009, 09:27 AM

:banghead: kARRin mozhi was a disaster. Raagini'ku vakkAlathu vAnguRa SriniyE rendu episode'ku appuRam 'your kARRin mozhi was a disaster'-nu sonnAr. Sujatha was about to cry watching her beautiful song getting massacred.

For heaven's sake - they are looking for a play back singer - and not a crack voice, panting carnatic singer who is good at keerthanais.

Raagini massacre paNNa songs innum pala uNdu. And her crack voice is nothing special. Already there are too many in TF industry with such rough voices.

ellAtheyum mannikkalAm but Raaginiya program'la persist paNNuRathukkAga - Madhumitha S, Aishwarya, Deepshika - pOnRa thiRamaiyum, kural vaLamum uLLa nalla singers'a eliminate paNNatha mannikkavE mudiyAthu :evil: Even Aruna was better than Raagini.

:argh:
That song was a disaster... But i was mentioning about her voice.... Her voice was good in that song :oops:
But yes, i agree that, She doesn't deserve to pass these many stages for her ordinary performance :?
Avangala eliminate panninadhula enakku I'm not sad... But neraya per curse pandra alavukku she is not that bad :?

Roshan
9th January 2009, 01:53 PM
But neraya per curse pandra alavukku she is not that bad :?

Curse paNRathukku kAraNam below :)

But yes, i agree that, She doesn't deserve to pass these many stages for her ordinary performance :?

viraajan
9th January 2009, 02:06 PM

Got it... :oops:

But adhukku judges-a thane curse pannanum :? :roll:

Roshan
9th January 2009, 02:47 PM

Got it... :oops:

But adhukku judges-a thane curse pannanum :? :roll:

Yeah adhu sarithAn and most of us were cursing the judges and channel.

Roshan
11th January 2009, 09:18 AM
Can someone post the link for last Wednesday's episode?Naan innum adhai pArkkavillai :)

directhit
11th January 2009, 09:31 AM
Can someone post the link for last Wednesday's episode?Naan innum adhai pArkkavillai :) http://video.yahoo.com/watch/4253691/11435343 :)

Roshan
11th January 2009, 06:12 PM
Can someone post the link for last Wednesday's episode?Naan innum adhai pArkkavillai :) http://video.yahoo.com/watch/4253691/11435343 :)

Thanks Anoop :)

Roshan
13th January 2009, 11:25 AM
Enna updates onneyum kaNOm :roll:

I am on travel and would be missing the show this week and next week. So Nerd, Anoop, Deeapauk - yArAvathu links'a udanukkudan post paNNidunga :)

directhit
13th January 2009, 11:49 AM
naan veetukku poi dhaan paakanum
one update via chinmayi blog is that she wont be host of the show after this pongal episodes - she quit

Roshan
13th January 2009, 12:08 PM
one update via chinmayi blog is that she wont be host of the show after this pongal episodes - she quit

Oh yEnaam? Chinmayi blog link please :)

Bala will be very happy :P

sudha india
13th January 2009, 12:21 PM
There was no competition yesterday. it was a pongal special UNPLUGGED round.

Stephen Devasi, On young flute artiste, Rajesh Vaidya with the Veena and T.h.Vinayak Ram's son on the Ghatam shared the dias.

All the above musicians are just super performers in their respective line. Amazing.

The singers were Anuradha Sriram, Srinivas, Haricharan and Saindhavi.

They sang old melodies of 1950s, 1960s.

Anuradha sang Athan, en athan. In the unplugged style the song was such a melody and she rendered it so well. Lot of improvisations. The interludes were on veena and flute and it was divine.

Then Srinivas sang Kallellam Manicka kal aguma. Good rendering.

Haricharan sang the Sirgazhi's masterpiece from Karnan - Ullathil nalla ullam. Superba padinaar with the support on veena, flute and piano and a different kind of rhythm, it was amazing.

Saindhavi sang unnai ondru ketpen from Pudhiya paravai.

Then it was a duet between Srinivas and Anuradha. They sang Thanimayile inimai kana mudiyuma.... and anuradha ended it as a medley with Maasila unmai kadhale. This was very different and good with lot of improvisations by both.

Then there was one song and finally Anuradha sang maraindhirundhu Parkum Marmamenna. With the veena, piano and the Jathis the song was top class.

Any music lover would have enjoyed every minute and thats what I did.
Waiting for the video link to watch the episode again.

This will continue today also.

directhit
13th January 2009, 12:22 PM

Bala will be very happy :P http://chinmayisripada.blogspot.com/2009/01/this-is-padmhasini-addressing-you.html
Bala aal vechu merattirupparu :lol:

Roshan
13th January 2009, 12:39 PM

Bala will be very happy :P http://chinmayisripada.blogspot.com/2009/01/this-is-padmhasini-addressing-you.html
Bala aal vechu merattirupparu :lol:

:lol: Naanum appadithAn nenekiREn .

Thanks Sudha for the updates :)

sudha india
13th January 2009, 12:44 PM
Y/day's show was hosted by Malini and Yugendran. As usual Malini was talking and Yugendran was seconding her statements.

Roshan
13th January 2009, 04:42 PM
Y/day's show was hosted by Malini and Yugendran. As usual Malini was talking and Yugendran was seconding her statements.

What ever said, Chinmayi is the best presenter in Thamizh.

Nerd
13th January 2009, 08:31 PM
Naan athAn en athAn rendition by anuradha pArthEn. Adhukku mEla mudila, close pannittEn. Megaserial range-kku aayiduchu prOkraamu :banghead:

crajkumar_be
13th January 2009, 08:34 PM

Bala will be very happy :P
:yes:

Ravi_odiyur
15th January 2009, 11:05 PM
I second Nerd. Somehow I could not stand the assassination of the originals in the name of "improvisations". However Haricharan was very good. [/quote]

Nerd
18th January 2009, 02:17 PM
http://www.ndtv.com/convergence/ndtv/video/video.aspx?id=50878
Is that Vijay Narayan in the last few frames?

directhit
18th January 2009, 02:27 PM
Is that Vijay Narayan in the last few frames? yeah he is a theevira ARR fan http://www.vjarrfan.blogspot.com/
funny i thought i saw gautham of super singer first part though somewhere in the frame

Roshan
18th January 2009, 02:59 PM
Is that Vijay Narayan in the last few frames?

Yes that's Vijay.

gganesh
21st January 2009, 10:45 AM
Anyone saw yesterday's episode?

sudha india
21st January 2009, 10:59 AM
this week its falicitation to the poets.

Monday : All the 7 singers sang Kannadasan's songs. Ravi won a gold coin and was thro to the next round.

Tuesday : The remaining 6 singers sang songs written by Kavingnar Vaali. Prasanna was very entertaining with the song Ennai theriyuma........
Rohith sang Sandhana Katre senthamizh ootre and rendered it quite well to win the coin and go to the next round.

Wednesday : The remaining 5 singers will sing Vairamuthu's songs. Out of this one will get a coin. There may be elimination today.

Roshan
21st January 2009, 05:39 PM
this week its falicitation to the poets.

Monday : All the 7 singers sang Kannadasan's songs. Ravi won a gold coin and was thro to the next round.

Tuesday : The remaining 6 singers sang songs written by Kavingnar Vaali. Prasanna was very entertaining with the song Ennai theriyuma........
Rohith sang Sandhana Katre senthamizh ootre and rendered it quite well to win the coin and go to the next round.

Wednesday : The remaining 5 singers will sing Vairamuthu's songs. Out of this one will get a coin. There may be elimination today.

Aha! interesting. Going to miss watching them sing my Hero's songs :( 5000-kum mEla uLLa pAttula 5 select paNRathu - romba siramam.

UdanadiyAga link thEvai - specially for tonight's episode.

directhit
21st January 2009, 06:19 PM
Jan 19 - http://aarampam.com/channels/video/download.php?id=54387968f6e8b0ce&filetype=wmv
Jan 20 - http://aarampam.com/channels/video/download.php?id=54418231fca6bd22&filetype=wmv

Roshan - this has better quality files

Roshan
21st January 2009, 09:33 PM
Jan 19 - http://aarampam.com/channels/video/download.php?id=54387968f6e8b0ce&filetype=wmv
Jan 20 - http://aarampam.com/channels/video/download.php?id=54418231fca6bd22&filetype=wmv

Roshan - this has better quality files

Thanks Anoop. Download link illAma vERa link yEthum kodukka mudiyumA? Let me try to google and see. Usually I dont find :(

Nerd
22nd January 2009, 09:19 AM
Here you go!

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/4324416/11613263
http://video.yahoo.com/watch/4330894/11630220
http://video.yahoo.com/watch/4337195/11646612

Havent seen any of this weeks episodes.. orE the busy :banghead:

viraajan
22nd January 2009, 09:22 AM
Vijay was eliminated yesterday :|

directhit
22nd January 2009, 09:24 AM
Saw the Monday episodes
Ravi was good as usual. Ranjini and Prasanna did equally good too.

Naanga ippo romba strict strict strict

directhit
22nd January 2009, 09:25 AM
Vijay was eliminated yesterday :| :redjump: :bluejump: wow ore nalla vishayangalaa nadakkudhu :lol: on Monday, his singing was pathetic

viraajan
22nd January 2009, 09:27 AM
Vijay was eliminated yesterday :| :redjump: :bluejump: wow ore nalla vishayangalaa nadakkudhu :lol: on Monday, his singig was pathetic

Oh... avarukku inga ivlo edhirppu irukka :lol:

Okay... i yam aalso joining youuuu... :boo:

Tension gripped when Renu and Vijay stood in the danger zone :shaking:

Judges had to eliminate either of them... :oops:

Thank god, Renu is in :boo:

PS: I'm not a big fan of renu. But her voice is superb. Of course, her singing is far far better than Vijay :lol:

Nerd
22nd January 2009, 09:29 AM
Indya.com guys are saying that raagini, vijay and two more are going to come back in the wild card round but the bigger comedy is the current set of six participants are going to judge in the wild card round :rotfl:

crajkumar_be
22nd January 2009, 01:47 PM
Vijay was eliminated yesterday :|
Amaam amaam, adhu dhaane nyayam!

Vivasaayi
22nd January 2009, 02:06 PM
Indya.com guys are saying that raagini, vijay and two more are going to come back in the wild card round but the bigger comedy is the current set of six participants are going to judge in the wild card round :rotfl:

ennennellam drama panna mudiyumo athanayam pandrainga

Sanguine Sridhar
22nd January 2009, 02:11 PM
[tscii:4c5d5cb749]I don’t know what’s so special about this show? Except Prasanna and Ravi (karEta?) others are way below average. 3 talented judges are too much for these crass singers. [/tscii:4c5d5cb749]

Vivasaayi
22nd January 2009, 02:15 PM
[tscii:e48e12664f]I don’t know what’s so special about this show? Except Prasanna and Ravi (karEta?) others are way below average. 3 talented judges are too much for these crass singers. [/tscii:e48e12664f]

oru malayalam channella(asianetnu nenaikiren) singers contest..ovvuruthanum polandhu katran!

only prasanna is upto the mark...

directhit
22nd January 2009, 02:18 PM
i guess the judging was pathetic along the way too resulting in such a bunch in final list. Prasanna was eliminated and brought back thanks to whatever_was_the_reason
how is adhiradi singer? anyone had the guts to watch even after seeing the host? :roll:

Viv : Both asianet and i guess Kairali (junior singers) have excellent singers and above all - brilliant orchestra. Sun TV program is also way way better than vijay
//dig - finished Thaniyavarthanam? //

viraajan
22nd January 2009, 02:21 PM
I prefer Prasanna to Ravi. Ravi is good singer. But still Prasanna madiri romba casuala, open, ravi doesn't sing. His singing is good tho.

In girls, none of them were upto the mark. yedho select pannanume-nu panni irukkanga... ranjani who used to deliver poor performances is doing good now :D
Renu is ok.

Rohit (ukkandhu ukkandhu yezhundhuppare :lol: ), vijay and even ajees aren't that good :(

sarna_blr
22nd January 2009, 02:27 PM
[tscii:79c94c3754]I don’t know what’s so special about this show? Except Prasanna and Ravi (karEta?) others are way below average. 3 talented judges are too much for these crass singers. [/tscii:79c94c3754]

oru malayalam channella(asianetnu nenaikiren) singers contest..ovvuruthanum polandhu katran!

only prasanna is upto the mark...

yeah, I started to listening ( liking ) "June pOna" from UU after hearing the song from that program . Andha payyan paaduna alavukku original(movie) version illa :oops:

sudha india
22nd January 2009, 02:28 PM
Tamil channels-la vara singing talents are really very much average singers.

I think because of the politics these channels play, good singers dont participate. Prelims-la oru kootam varum, security level-laye veliya thorathuvaanga. idellam niraya per poruthukka mattanga.

We are way behind when compared to the Malayalam shows (even the little ones are toooooo good) and the hindi shows such as - Sa re ga ma pa challenge.

Zee Tamil-la kooda Sa ri ga ma pa -sangeetha mahayuthamnu oru program varudhu. Singer Roshini is hosting the show with Usha Uthup, Malaysia Vasudevan, etc as judges. Periya quality onnum ille.

Tamil-la Ragamaalika konjam parava illainnu oru feeling.

This is just my opinion.

sarna_blr
22nd January 2009, 02:33 PM
yeah Sudha madam :P Few malayaalam channels rock in these kinda program :clap: :clap:

crajkumar_be
22nd January 2009, 02:38 PM
Ragamalika used to be very good a few years back. Now its a pale shadow of its former self.

Ippo Asianet Star Singer kalakkuraanga.
Zee Saregamapa etc are also good but neraya irritating extra fittings

Madhu Sree
22nd January 2009, 02:57 PM
Yesterday I really enjoyed the show... gud performances from all the participants... :D

I would say, that Ajeesh did a wonderful job, atlast he sang with open throat(80% :P) and ofcourse, it was not his best performance but yes it is a gud performance. He tried his best to sing like SPB , with those konjals, smile in the song, yes he did a decent job.

About ranjani's performance, tht was a tuff song, 'Enge enadhu kavidhai', but she managed it well and her voice is excellent. she can be a gud play back singer. :D

Prasanna, gud performance, he sang 'Maanoothu mandhayila maan kutti petha mayile', yes he really brought the feel but sruthi problems were there and as usually he was immitating the song(voice of the song :sigh2:), it made me to retrospect, 'Siva sambo', tht PBS song, in almost all of his performances, his own style was missing(IMHO :|), while other partcipants are showing their own style of singing with the original feel of the song... But still he gave a gud performance, he can be a playback singer but definetely not an innovative playback singer.

Poor Vijay, The only innovative singer atlast eliminated, I think he did well for the past 3 days, but the song tht he had chosen for the first level was not a competitive one... thts how it let him down... I would say Vijay was far more better than Renu in this Lyricist round. :( , yes he had throat problems, but still, I loved his 'Humma Humma' performance, not only this, he also did well in the previous episodes as well,... anyways all the best vijay for wild card round, looking forward :D :thumbsup:

Renu, hmmmm dont know wht to say... :( she really sounded well with 'En mel vizhundha mazhai thuliye' song, but still she has to improve... she was stressing the song a lot, she cud have done even more better... But she has got a wonderful voice... so sweet... all the best Renu. :thumbsup:

mail2vijayan
22nd January 2009, 05:12 PM
Hi,
Can any one tellme that song (ajeesh sang yest) starting line and the movie

'''....... Sila thavarai thavari seythen.. enai mannipaya...!!"

Viju

Sanguine Sridhar
22nd January 2009, 05:15 PM
Hi,

Viju

kannAl pEsum pennE - mozhi.

Vivasaayi
22nd January 2009, 07:11 PM
//dig - finished Thaniyavarthanam? //

this weekend

viraajan
22nd January 2009, 07:59 PM
Hi,

Viju

kannAl pEsum pennE - mozhi.

He did really well yesterday...

Best part is - "enge.... kurumbugal enge" :clap:

Worst part is - Oh i'm sorry i'm sorry... :|

//I actually did not hear "I'm sorry" part clearly due to noise.... did he sing it well? :roll:

sudha india
23rd January 2009, 11:30 AM
Yes he sang well.
Should not and No comparison to SPB.

But indha 6 participants-la ajeesh thavira INDHA song vera yarukkum porundhadhu IMHO. Indha songthan Ajeeshai kaapathiadhu.

directhit
23rd January 2009, 10:46 PM
There was no competition yesterday. it was a pongal special UNPLUGGED round.

Stephen Devasi, On young flute artiste, Rajesh Vaidya with the Veena and T.h.Vinayak Ram's son on the Ghatam shared the dias.

All the above musicians are just super performers in their respective line. Amazing. managed to catch the second show of this :bow: :bow:
Rajesh Vaidya :bow: :bow: :bow: no words to explain
Naveen on Flute 8-) 8-) mesmerising
Stephen Devasi again 8-) 8-)
Uma Shankar :clap: :clap:

Anuradha sriram irritated in all the songs she sang :x :x Saindhavi and Haricharan sang Anubhavam pudhumai :musicsmile: Rajesh vaidya and Naveen rocked in that song. How i wish all the songs were done without the singers :evil:

Program started with Pani vizhum Malarvanam with jus Stephen/Rajesh Vaidya/Naveen and Uma Shankar performing :clap: :clap:

Roshan
25th January 2009, 07:45 PM
Coming week's Airtel Super Singer is fully dedicated to AR Rahman Naan ithai ethirpArthuttE irunthEn. And the best perfomer of this round will be getting a guitar with ARR's autograph. Srini says, "Airtel Super Singer aaguRatha vida periya veRRi idhu".

ARR, ASS participant pathiyellAm pEsuRaar - on video.

Ajish emotionally says "avar vAyAla enpEra kEkkuRathE...enna solRathunnu theriyala"

They are aptly combining the Republic Day and ARR felicitaion. All are in white and white. pAkkuRathukku nallA irukku.

Dont miss it !!

Nerd
26th January 2009, 08:35 AM
Wow! And I read somewhere that Ajesh is going to sing for Rahman soon. Hope that materializes and I think he deserves it. And I hope Prasanna sings for iLayaraja soon. Its almost confirmed that Ravi is going to sing for Yuvan :lol:

littlemaster1982
26th January 2009, 08:45 AM

littlemaster1982
26th January 2009, 10:10 PM
A great tribute to one of the greatest composers 8-) Vijay TV :notworthy:

About the episode,

Ajeesh is the clear winner today. His 'Vellai Pookkal' was excellent :clap:

Ravi killed 'Thai Mannae Vanakkam' :hammer: Srini and Unnikrishnan rightly observed "Nobody can sing this song like AR Rahman". Ravi was a complete misfit for this song. Especially the high pitch portions :banghead:

Renu was good (Malarodu Malar) and Rohit sang 'Thamizha Thamizha'. No comments :evil:

I'd be happy if Ajeesh gets that Guitar (autographed by ARR).

Still two contestants remain. Prasanna and Vijay.

P_R
26th January 2009, 10:15 PM
Was swapping channels and saw Rahman and paused to listen.
It was an unwise decision. The guy Ravi who sang after that began with a ruthless assault on the "Aaah" start of thAi maNNE vaNakkAm.... I swapped away to safety.

littlemaster1982
26th January 2009, 10:17 PM
The guy Ravi who sang after that began with a ruthless assault on the "Aaah" start of thAi maNNE vaNakkAm....

That was a clear indication of what followed then. I was like :argh:

Ramakrishna
26th January 2009, 10:21 PM
Sema show. :clap: :clap: One of the best i have seen.
I really enjoyed the words they used to describe ARR.
Vellai Pookkal was sung beautifully. Its one of my most fav ARR song. I feel the singer is an ARR fan like us.

Nerd
26th January 2009, 10:22 PM
LM, marubadiyum vijay-yA? Must be Ranjani. ( Both are equally annoying any way :oops: )

Did they play the Rahman-Video clip today?

Roshan
26th January 2009, 10:24 PM
:yes: Well structured program :clap:

Vijay TV is always different :notworthy:

Ajish is the winner for sure and I think he would win the guitar though there are two more to sing - Prasanna and Ranjini ( Senthil, Vijay got eliminated last week).

Prasanna'um nallA perform paNNuvaar. Let us see.

Ravi badly failed to bring the feel in VanthE mAtharam but like Unni said - "yArAleyum Rahman mAthiri pAda mudiyAthu". But singing wise he was good as always.

Renu was good but she still sounds less confident and she's got huge limitation when it comes to range. High pitch nenechum pArkka mudiyAthu and entha nimisham sothappalaagumnu pAkkuRa namakku tension koduthuttE pAduRaanga.

Rohith :evil:

NaaLaiyum intha tribute thodarum :D

3 Cheers to Vijay TV :clap:

Roshan
26th January 2009, 10:30 PM
LM, marubadiyum vijay-yA? Must be Ranjani. ( Both are equally annoying any way :oops: )

Yeah each contestant has got a question for ARR and he answers them on video and wishes them good luck by mentioning their name.

And I am sure ARR is going to watch the performances. At least Vijay TV would make sure he watches :lol:

Roshan
26th January 2009, 10:34 PM
Ajish's improvisation in "malargaL sOmbaL muRitha ezhugavE" - specially the malargaL part and 'thAyin kathakathappil' - Guitar Nichayam :yes:

littlemaster1982
26th January 2009, 10:35 PM

Oh yeah!! Confuse aayitten :oops:

Yes. As Roshan said, each contestant asked a question to ARR.

Ravi asked "How does ARR go about selecting the singers for a song?"

ARR said it is mostly after composing the song. Only when the song is for big actors like Rajini, he would keep in mind about voice matching the actor.

Rohit's question was absurd :evil:

P_R
26th January 2009, 10:37 PM
The guy Ravi who sang after that began with a ruthless assault on the "Aaah" start of thAi maNNE vaNakkAm....

That was a clear indication of what followed then. I was like :argh:

nallA pAda varAdha pAttai edhukku select paNNAnnu theriyalai. It was obvious his voice wasn't equal to it.

uNNaviradham irukkuradhukku nallA idam seleksan paNNirukkAn pArungayyA

Ramakrishna
26th January 2009, 10:37 PM
Rohit's question was absurd :evil:

antha anti-terrorism album question thaane ? :lol: