PDA

View Full Version : Airtel Super Singer 2008 - Monday to Wednesday @ 9pm

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Ramakrishna
15th October 2008, 07:54 PM
Maddy,
naa ungalukku reason PM panren :wink: :lol2:

BTW who is Raginishree, any links to her pics?

Roshan
15th October 2008, 07:58 PM
LM, did not expect this from you :o

:oops: Just posted it for fun. I'll edit it.

Roshan/Nerd,

Pls remove my post from your quotes :|

Sorry Senthil, I think it's too late now :P

Vignesh was incredible I still can't believe what I heard

Adhaan sonnEnE :) Watched it again few times on youtube. Good show ! And he looks cute.

Nerd
15th October 2008, 08:12 PM
LM, I know that you are not one of us, waiting for an opportunity to take digs at the opposition, making irrelevant sarcastic posts. That was why I was surprised.

RK, one fine day :twisted: idhula raaginisri photo vERa vENumA :hammer:

Nerd
15th October 2008, 08:13 PM
andha PM-a enakku anuppunga :roll: naanum therinjikkuren.

//dig ends

Roshan
15th October 2008, 09:23 PM
Watching the show .. rendu pEr pAdiyAchu but nEthu nilamaithAn innaikkum :x idaila varra airtel digital TV adthAn ippOthaikku aaRuthal.

Chin and the judges keep on saying 'definite'a elimination irukku innaikku'. idha adikkadi repeat paNratha pArtha mild'a oru doubt varuthu - looks like there's not going to be any eliminations tonight and they are repeating it just to make us watch till the end.

Nerd
15th October 2008, 09:50 PM
Oh, ippo live commentary veraya.. :)

Roshan
15th October 2008, 10:19 PM
Oh, ippo live commentary veraya.. :)

:oops: :P Anyway, there was elimination and kudos to the judges for a very well done job till now :clap: They very rightly picked the 4 weakest contestants (all female :P ) and eliminated two of them - Rajeswari and Swathy. Bargavi and Malathi (not sure of the names) escaped from the danger zone.

And all 4 guys who got the 2nd chance did well :clap: and proved the judges (of previous rounds) wrong (adhula main culprit Maalgudi Subha :x ) , and Srini was good enough to mention it. With them, Barathiraja did a neat job with 'aRiyAtha vayasu'. naan rombavum ethirpArthuttu iruntha kaadhal vaLarthEn pAtta arumaiya pAduna Gopala Krishnanukku :thumbsup: But no body had the guts to sing 'sollAmal thottu chellum theNRal' :(

Roshan
16th October 2008, 09:44 AM
This is for Nerd;

They showed a couple of clips from next week's episodes - duet round'nu nenekiREn - Raginisri with Ravi - sings - ithazhil kathai ezhuthum nEramithu. adhE mukkal munagaL feel'oda pAduRaanga :x

Nerd
16th October 2008, 11:48 PM
This is for Nerd;

They showed a couple of clips from next week's episodes - duet round'nu nenekiREn - Raginisri with Ravi - sings - ithazhil kathai ezhuthum nEramithu. adhE mukkal munagaL feel'oda pAduRaanga :x
Three much, you stereotyping her as a mukkal/munagaL singer. She tries to be expressive but sometimes it looks bad, thats about it :twisted:

sollAmal thottu sellum?? Common, thats such a tough song.. It needs the singer to scale from 1-note to 6/7-notes. Very dippicult. May be Vipin can pull it off, which one did he sing??

complicateur
16th October 2008, 11:59 PM
Raginisri pAduna mAthiri pAdunA : yArukkuL ingu yArO -vukku meaning-e mAridum. :)

As for sollAmal thottu chellum thendral Hariharane aniyAyaththukku kashtap pattiruppAru pAdurathukku. Purely because of the octave ranges performing that song on stage is very difficult. Most guys would have to sing it falsetto and you are pretty much opening up you voice to extreme levels of uncertainty in terms of shruthi when you do that.

Roshan
17th October 2008, 09:21 AM
Raginisri pAduna mAthiri pAdunA : yArukkuL ingu yArO -vukku meaning-e mAridum. :)

Nerd :P

As for sollAmal thottu chellum thendral Hariharane aniyAyaththukku kashtap pattiruppAru pAdurathukku. Purely because of the octave ranges performing that song on stage is very difficult. Most guys would have to sing it falsetto and you are pretty much opening up you voice to extreme levels of uncertainty in terms of shruthi when you do that.

Very true but I expected some one to try it. Even Kaadhal VaLarthEn is a difficult number with melody, folk, lower to higher notes and back and forth . Lovely composition by YSR and it is my most favourite YSR song . Excellent rendition by KK.

As for sollAmal thottuchellum - as you say even Hariharan would have struggled and I think he had managed it with some editing work.

Three much, you stereotyping her as a mukkal/munagaL singer. She tries to be expressive but sometimes it looks bad, thats about it :twisted:

:mrgreen:

sollAmal thottu sellum?? Common, thats such a tough song.. It needs the singer to scale from 1-note to 6/7-notes. Very dippicult. May be Vipin can pull it off, which one did he sing?? Vipin is good at hitting the higher notes but this song's got plenty of feel, sangathis, gamakams and stuff and it's doubtful that he can manage it . He has his own style. This time he sang manasu renDum pEsa, kaNgaL reNdum pArkka - kaadhal veLLam ponguthE (not sure of the exact lines :roll: )

selvakumar
17th October 2008, 10:23 AM
I am not seeing this program regularly. But I saw the video of Chinmayi dancing for "Chinnamma" song :rotfl:
enna oru cut-u enna oru step-u :banghead: :lol:
<dig> Chinmayi is going to host a new program in kalaignar tv "Ilamai Saravedi". :lol: </dig>

directhit
17th October 2008, 10:29 AM
and there are lots of fans for that dance too :P http://chinmayisripada.blogspot.com/2008/10/chinnamma-chilakamma.html

Roshan
17th October 2008, 10:30 AM
I am not seeing this program regularly. But I saw the video of Chinmayi dancing for "Chinnamma" song :rotfl:
enna oru cut-u enna oru step-u :banghead: :lol:
<dig> Chinmayi is going to host a new program in kalaignar tv "Ilamai Saravedi". :lol: </dig>

neenga yethukku Chinmayi video'va mattum thEdi pOi pAkkureenga ? :P

selvakumar
17th October 2008, 11:24 AM
neenga yethukku Chinmayi video'va mattum thEdi pOi pAkkureenga ? :P
Rahmaan section la paarthaen.. (Anand post panni irunthaaru).
Athaan paarthaen :D

complicateur
17th October 2008, 12:07 PM
Just heard Prasanna singing thottu thottu pOgum thendral. I think we finally heard his real voice. No alterations to suit the original singer.
My personal favorite performance so far has been that BrindAvana SArangA AlAp followed by peN ondru KandEn he and Ravi(?) sang. Ravi's extempore AlAp in particular was quite spectacular. I was really surprised when they let him go the first time.

Roshan
17th October 2008, 12:32 PM
and there are lots of fans for that dance too :P http://chinmayisripada.blogspot.com/2008/10/chinnamma-chilakamma.html

I think she screens the responses carefully and let only the positive ones to be posted there. Ekkachakka jaalras uNdu anga.

Roshan
17th October 2008, 12:32 PM
-repeat post -

complicateur
17th October 2008, 12:33 PM
Heard boh Deepshikha's and Ragnisri's upcoming songs. Rendu pErum thALaththa thedura maathiri irunthuthu, layikkAtha mAthiri oru feeling. Chinmayi-oda "shabba khair" tholla thAnga mudiyala.

directhit
17th October 2008, 12:36 PM
Heard boh Deepshikha's and Ragnisri's upcoming songs. Rendu pErum thALaththa thedura maathiri irunthuthu, layikkAtha mAthiri oru feeling. Chinmayi-oda "shabba khair" tholla thAnga mudiyala. daant touch ther :evil:

complicateur
17th October 2008, 12:50 PM
OhO! Appadi varuthA. seri seri. neenga yerkkanave avangaLukku ministry-la idam kuduththittengannu enakku theriyAthu :) . Can't blame you though, she is very cute and nallAve kozhayurAnga.

Roshan
17th October 2008, 01:01 PM
Heard boh Deepshikha's and Ragnisri's upcoming songs. Rendu pErum thALaththa thedura maathiri irunthuthu, layikkAtha mAthiri oru feeling. Chinmayi-oda "shabba khair" tholla thAnga mudiyala.

I havent seen Deepshika's but Raginisri's was horrible and her expressions are quite painful to watch.

Chin's Shabba Khair is a periya thollai and why does she say "God speak" before Shabba Khair? :roll:

Madhu Sree
17th October 2008, 02:58 PM
:x naanum paarthen, Chinmayi's Shabba Khair konjam irking aa thaan irukku :irked:

selvakumar
17th October 2008, 05:19 PM

I think she screens the responses carefully and let only the positive ones to be posted there. Ekkachakka jaalras uNdu anga.
I don't think so Roshan. Just see this

I really wish I could also be a part of this lets-scratch-a celebs-back brigade but my since feedback echoes the one discordant note I saw in the comments above :rotfl:... You were way too conscious about your movements and I can even stick my neck out to say you're not a natural. You're a good singer, probably an even better dubbing artist (meaning it here as a compliment) but ur dancing skills(atleast on the basis of the chinnamma song) are akin to Tabu in the 'mujhe rang de' song... :lol:

'Netrikann therapinum kutram kutrame'

:-)

- Jupe

Honest question
Do you seriously rate yourself as much of a dancer?

Chinmayi had also replied to that.

complicateur
17th October 2008, 07:32 PM
Chin's Shabba Khair is a periya thollai and why does she say "God speak" before Shabba Khair? :roll:

:lol: Athu Godspeed. It is a phrase that has biblical origin. It means she wishes the contestants as much success as god will bestow upon them.

Roshan
17th October 2008, 08:59 PM

:lol: Athu Godspeed. It is a phrase that has biblical origin. It means she wishes the contestants as much success as god will bestow upon them.

:oops: :oops: :oops: I haven't heard this before - and it sounds more like God speak when she says it . Anyway, thanks complicateur :)

Selva,

I have visited her blog few times - but have not seen a single negative comment there. Avanga romba sumArA paNRathayellAm aahaa oohO'nu pugazhnthuttu irunthAnga.

complicateur
17th October 2008, 09:15 PM
:oops: :oops: :oops: I haven't heard this before - and it sounds more like God speak when she says it . Anyway, thanks complicateur :)

Welcome Roshan. Neenga ethukkunga feel paNreenga, nAn sirichchathu Chinmayi oda usage pArththu. Godspeed I've seen generally used when someone is traveling on an important mission, not if the person is going to stand 6 feet away from you and sing. In fact I had the etymology wrong for a long time because I thought the origin was from a ship called Godspeed that landed at Jamestown leading to the first English settlement in N.America.

I think Ravi sang his portion very well ( at least in the 2-3 seconds or so I heard) in Ithazhil kathai ezhuthum. It is a heavily Carnatic based (Lalitha rAgam-nu nenaikkurein, in the telugu version the song begins Lalitha priya kamalam virasinathi) and Ravi seems to have a solid foundation. I'm actually looking forward to hearing them. :)

Roshan
17th October 2008, 10:09 PM

Welcome Roshan. Neenga ethukkunga feel paNreenga, nAn sirichchathu Chinmayi oda usage pArththu. Godspeed I've seen generally used when someone is traveling on an important mission, not if the person is going to stand 6 feet away from you and sing.

:lol: Yeah I just checked the wordweb and it says "a successful journey"

In fact I had the etymology wrong for a long time because I thought the origin was from a ship called Godspeed that landed at Jamestown leading to the first English settlement in N.America.

Oh!

I think Ravi sang his portion very well ( at least in the 2-3 seconds or so I heard) in Ithazhil kathai ezhuthum. It is a heavily Carnatic based (Lalitha rAgam-nu nenaikkurein, in the telugu version the song begins Lalitha priya kamalam virasinathi) and Ravi seems to have a solid foundation. I'm actually looking forward to hearing them. :)

Yeah Ravi sings well. My knowledge on raagas of movie songs is limited to Suddha Dhanyasi and Keeravani :P

I too am looking forward to hearing him but I feel his voice is not so attractive.

crajkumar_be
21st October 2008, 02:50 PM
With the imbecile judges out of the way, its getting better now

enna, indha vetti pechu, dance ezhavellam illama paattu paadi judge panradhula concentrate pannalaam...

crajkumar_be
21st October 2008, 02:51 PM
Chinmayi-oda "shabba khair" tholla thAnga mudiyala.
Dunno if its too good to be true but i think she forgot to do her thing at the end of this Wednesday's show!

sudha india
21st October 2008, 04:03 PM
The competition is now picking up.

The romantic duet songs are good, with good selection from the participants.

The first jodi Santhosh and deepashika was the best and are continuously holding the chair. (Mayilirage) (enna chair adhu ?)

The first Bargavi was a continuous sodhappal. She must have been eliminated in the previous round itself. The guy who sang with her started off well but was affected when Bargavi fumbled. (Thendral vandhu ennai thodum)

The song from Anitha and Pushpavanam Kuppusamy was :banghead:. (alana naal mudhala) But he accepted that the participants will sing better than them.

Roshan
21st October 2008, 05:00 PM
With the imbecile judges out of the way, its getting better now

enna, indha vetti pechu, dance ezhavellam illama paattu paadi judge panradhula concentrate pannalaam...

:exactly: I am also not happy with this dance, songs and unnecessary interruptions of those kind and I particularly want Chin to concentrate only on the hosting part without trying to attempt anything dangerous.

Dunno if its too good to be true but i think she forgot to do her thing at the end of this Wednesday's show!

Even last night and for a moment I thought if she was checking our comments here :lol:

Duet round is nice and I felt Santhosh and Deepkisha did perform well. Deepshika's voice is so beautiful and her singing is effortless. vaayakooda perusA asaikkuRathilla - still she sings with clarity.

That 'chair' concept is very interesting and kudos to the judges for making Santhosh and Deepshika hold on to it. I got a bit tensed when Srini started appreciating Hari and Bargavi more than what they deserved ( the orchestra was basically running after them.. rendu pErum antha speed'la paadunaanga ). Chair'a koduthuruvAngaLOnnu koncham tension aayittEn - but Sujatha concluded it beautifully and refused them the chair. But it's nice to see the contestants taking things sportively.

ThenRal vanthu ennai thodum - enakku antha poNNa pAkka pAvamA irunthuchu :( And the guy too. It was quite an embarassing situation for all - specially for the judges. Srini rightly said "ungaLa vida engaLukkuthAn tension athigamA irunthuchu'. That was visible in their faces.

Anyway, with the 'chair and double promotion' concept this week's episodes look quite interesting'.

Anitha and Pushpavanam Kuppusamy - Pushpavanam is all fine but Anitha and specially her voice :x

crajkumar_be
21st October 2008, 05:34 PM
The guy who sang "Kadhal Valarthen" (Gopalakrishna?) got it wrong IMO. carnatic kacheri la paadra madhiri paadnaaple whereas the song warrants a totally different kind of rendition..

viraajan
21st October 2008, 09:18 PM
Ravi-Raghini :bow:

Asathiteenga... :thumbsup:

Nerd
21st October 2008, 09:30 PM
Ravi-Raghini :bow:

Asathiteenga... :thumbsup:
:smokesmirk:
Did they get the chair??
I found santosh very unimpressive yesterday. Mayiliragai kadithu thuppinAr :twisted: deepshika was good though...

viraajan
21st October 2008, 09:45 PM
:yes: They got the chair. The previous couple (i dont know their names) was sent back to pavilion :lol:

But seriously, i dint expect such a fabulous perfomance from Ravi. THE BEST!!!!!

They both were enjoying the song when singing.... very realistic... :bow:

viraajan
21st October 2008, 09:55 PM
They sang like a professional... nalla sirichutte, lyrics0a enjoy panni - hav no words to express....

they caught the attention of our whole family and when the first charanam started, we all started enjoying thier singing and kept pin drop silence... Amazing...

They sang "Idhazhil Kadhai ezhudhum" - ennoda favorite too.... They dint spoil it...

crajkumar_be
22nd October 2008, 08:37 AM
Missed the show last night but heard Ravi-Ragini were very good

Roshan
22nd October 2008, 10:34 AM
Missed the show last night but heard Ravi-Ragini were very good

Yeah they were good - so far the best from both. It was an intelligent move to pick ithazhil kathai ezhuthum. Singing was flawless and they had their own styles. But Ragini didnt have that smoothing touch of Chitra's (Classical touch koncham thookkalAvE irunthuchu) but we cannot expect that with her rough voice.

I liked Vipin- Aishwary and Prasanna-Ranjani jodis as well. Vipin managed to render SwasamE well. Srini sonnA mAthiri - Vipin koncham soft'a paadi irunthA innum nallA irunthirukkum, yet I like his non-conventional approach.

Tonights clips - Srini says 'intha airtel super singer 2008'la ithuvaraikkum best voice...... ' But adhu yArOda voice'nu innaikkuthAn theriyum. My guess is - Renu or Gopalakrishnan.

complicateur
22nd October 2008, 11:44 AM
Just heard Hari and Bhargavi singing Nee pAthi nAn pAthi kaNNe. They totally laid asunder one of my favorite songs. BhAvam-ngrathu oru thugal kooda illa. Srini hit the nail on the head. My barometer was basically how they would sing the lines Manjal maNakkum en netri vaiththa pottukkoru arththamirukkum. These lines are just ethereal in the original. These 2 have a waaaaays to go..... Hari was the better of the 2 if you ask me. But rendu pErukkum yArAvathu kAthalikka kaththu kudukkaNum.

Avan brother kalakki thaLLitAn. The only part I had an issue with was when he sang iniya paruvamuLLa and tried to improvise the iniya - slight sothappal. directhit mattrum Nerd mannikkavum - Raginisri as usual mookadaippu vantha mAthiri pAdinA. But thank god no thALam issues like I anticipated. BTW someone ought to tell her it is vaLarum and not valarum.

As an aside why does the orchestra suck so much? If they can't get a decent orchestra they should just use -1 tracks.

I couldn't believe that the mayiliragE performance got the chair the first day. But Deepshikha-vukkAga mannichchu vidurein. Enna oru sAntham! P.Susheela stage performance pArkkura mAthiri irunthuthu.

viraajan
22nd October 2008, 11:50 AM
I liked Vipin- Aishwary and Prasanna-Ranjani jodis as well. Vipin managed to render SwasamE well. Srini sonnA mAthiri - Vipin koncham soft'a paadi irunthA innum nallA irunthirukkum, yet I like his non-conventional approach.

Vipin dint impress me much. Yes, srini rightly pointed out that he could have sung softly... "jjaannnall kkattraaggi vhaa" :lol:

Aishwarya was quite good :)

Roshan
22nd October 2008, 12:03 PM
Just heard Hari and Bhargavi singing Nee pAthi nAn pAthi kaNNe. They totally laid asunder one of my favorite songs. BhAvam-ngrathu oru thugal kooda illa. Srini hit the nail on the head. My barometer was basically how they would sing the lines Manjal maNakkum en netri vaiththa pottukkoru arththamirukkum. These lines are just ethereal in the original. These 2 have a waaaaays to go..... Hari was the better of the 2 if you ask me. But rendu pErukkum yArAvathu kAthalikka kaththu kudukkaNum.

Compicateur - they were also just rushing.. seekiramA paadi mudichittu OdipOi ukkAnthuduvOm enguRa maathiri paadunaanga. Hari first 20'ku select aanathE (ahead of Prasanna, Goplakrishnan) santhEgathukkuriya vishayamthAn.

Avan brother kalakki thaLLitAn. The only part I had an issue with was when he sang iniya paruvamuLLa and tried to improvise the iniya - slight sothappal. directhit mattrum Nerd mannikkavum - Raginisri as usual mookadaippu vantha mAthiri pAdinA. But thank god no thALam issues like I anticipated. BTW someone ought to tell her it is vaLarum and not valarum.

Ravi was good. Raginisri's voice puts me off mostly. She doesnt have that grace. I too anticipated thaaLam issues but appadi ethuvum aagala - still antha chair'la ukkAnthu Raagini double promotion vAnguRathellAm - othukkavE mudiyAthu - specially when there are better female performers like Deepshika, Ranjani and Renu.

I couldn't believe that the mayiliragE performance got the chair the first day. But Deepshikha-vukkAga mannichchu vidurein. Enna oru sAntham! P.Susheela stage performance pArkkura mAthiri irunthuthu.

They were the first so they were given the chair and on Monday evening no body out performed them - that was quite evident. Deepkshika enna solRathu - enakku S Janaki stagela paaduRa maathiri oru feel. entha vitha movement'um irukkAthu - even SJ doesnt open her mouth wide when singing but chummA thaNNi maathiri vanthuttE irukkum. Deepshika is one such singer. As Srini said she is already a play back singing material.

Roshan
22nd October 2008, 12:06 PM

Vipin dint impress me much. Yes, srini rightly pointed out that he could have sung softly... "jjaannnall kkattraaggi vhaa" :lol:

Aishwarya was quite good :)

Vipin doesnt have that conventional approach - I like that. He's got his own style and I wont be surprised if he gets picked up by some of the MDs. SwaasamE song is not an easy number and Vipin was good in the Charanams and the ending and all were sweet. Nothing to complain.

crajkumar_be
22nd October 2008, 12:06 PM
As an aside why does the orchestra suck so much? If they can't get a decent orchestra they should just use -1 tracks.
:exactly:
Even the Raj TV show orchestra is much better

complicateur
22nd October 2008, 12:20 PM
Sujatha struggling with thamizh has to be one of the cutest side stories in these episodes. Should just let her and Vipin talk in malayalam, the viewers will feel a little less sorry for them.

BTW Ranjini's improvisations in muththu maNi mAlai :o Raja Sir othukka mAttAr but I liked it. :)

Nerd
23rd October 2008, 06:29 AM
Ravi was good. Raginisri's voice puts me off mostly. She doesnt have that grace. I too anticipated thaaLam issues but appadi ethuvum aagala - still antha chair'la ukkAnthu Raagini double promotion vAnguRathellAm - othukkavE mudiyAthu - specially when there are better female performers like Deepshika, Ranjani and Renu.

That was because they did not get a chance to sing with Ravi, the best male singer by a distance. Yes Raginisri is nowhere close to Deepshika for one when it comes to singing. I am not a big fan of Ranjani. Renu is good and she has improved immensely in the last few rounds. I am reminded of PS as well when Deepshika sings. She sang aalayamaNiyin Osaiyai naan kEttEn in that retro-celebration-round. An impromptu performance. Bliss :bow:

Santosh with such a rough voice massacring mayiliragE turned me off completely. He was no match for Deeps. It was like Simbu singing a duet with Shreya Goshal. I think one of the jOdis were very good after them, dont remember who. Prasanna went overboard yesterday :twisted:

Today Gopalakrishnan (I am reminded of 16V :lol: ) was great in parts but the overall performance was not appealing. Vipin, Madhumitha, Rohit and GK were almost eliminated today. Vipin's jodi should have taught him how to sing jannal kAtrAgi vaa, the soul was completely missing in that song. Bhargavi was shown the door as expected.

Ravi and Raginisri have been double-promoted :clap:

complicateur
23rd October 2008, 09:43 AM
RaviyinAla Raginisri escape. I actually really like Prasanna a little more but that is probably because he is such an emoter. Bharathiraja-voda voice-la oru unsophisticated charm irukku while Renu was her usual excellent self. Personally I thought malargaLe was destroyed and that the judges were lenient.
If they want to conserve time just give the contestans Sruthi and a click track and let them sing. This cacophony they are inflicting on our ears in the name of an orchestra is frustrating to the say the least. :evil:

Roshan
23rd October 2008, 10:24 AM
RaviyinAla Raginisri escape. I actually really like Prasanna a little more but that is probably because he is such an emoter. Bharathiraja-voda voice-la oru unsophisticated charm irukku while Renu was her usual excellent self. Personally I thought malargaLe was destroyed and that the judges were lenient.

My thoughts exactly. I was not at all happy with MalagaLE - specially the male vocal. Hariharan maathiriyE paadureengannu judges sonnathellAm I wonder why? He wasnt that good. Unni's absence was felt and I thought Srini was dominating this time. Raginisri is far behind Deepshika, Renu, Ranjani or even Aruna and Malathi (she sang yEthO yEtho reasonably well )

I dont know why they picked Gopalakrishnan for elimination. To me he was good - if not better than Santhosh, Hari or Vijaya Narayanan . But Gopalakrishnan looked tensed - and confidence level kammiyA irunthathu. AthukkAga pick paNNaangaLannu theriyala.

Same goes with Barathiraja. I like his voice and humbleness. He has to perform with more confidence and originality. As Srini said it is a competition, not a musical show.

crajkumar_be
23rd October 2008, 12:53 PM
Gopalakrishnan/Malathy are lucky not to be eliminated! Their performance yesterday was nothing short of a disaster.
aana pavam konjam stage fright naala voice shake-aachu but he can't just get rid of the kacheri style singing irrespective of the song...

crajkumar_be
23rd October 2008, 12:56 PM
Same goes with Barathiraja. I like his voice and humbleness. He has to perform with more confidence and originality. As Srini said it is a competition, not a musical show.
Agree. However i don't quite get what Srini meant when he said BR sounded like SPB (imitation etc)...
Firstly, he did not sound like SPB and secondly, even if he did, that may not be his fault. Sometimes, sila peru voice similar-a irundha adhukku enna panna mudiyum.. nalla paadrangala illaya nu mattum paathuttu matha thevayilladha parameters should be thrown out the window...

Roshan
23rd October 2008, 01:27 PM
Agree. However i don't quite get what Srini meant when he said BR sounded like SPB (imitation etc)...
Firstly, he did not sound like SPB and secondly, even if he did, that may not be his fault. Sometimes, sila peru voice similar-a irundha adhukku enna panna mudiyum.. nalla paadrangala illaya nu mattum paathuttu matha thevayilladha parameters should be thrown out the window...

But I think Barathirajah tries to imitate a bit - I felt it when he sang 'aRiyAtha Vayasu' - then I thought that was his style but again last night - SPB saayal vanthuchu - doesn't mean the voice. That can be avoided through practice as he is talented. But his innocence and as Srini said - the honesty - are something sweet to watch.

I like Gopalakrishnan - he's got potential but confidence is very important. He looks nervous through out. oruthadava eliminate aagi maRupadiyum vanthathAlayA irukkalAm. And I feel the other guy (aravind ? ) and madumitha get to KachEri mode not Gopalakrishan. Nee oru kaadhal sangeetham was messed up with the kachEri style by these two and both judges rightly pointed out the classical influence and requested to avoid it .

Vivasaayi
23rd October 2008, 01:37 PM
is this barathiraja the same guy who appeared once in "sapthaswarangal" conducted by ramanan and sang some spb songs beautifully. :roll:

its long ago..so i think its hard for people to remember

Roshan
29th October 2008, 12:55 AM
Has any one seen today's episode? I am unable to understand why the judges are so lenient towards Hari :roll: :evil: His performance today (he sang avaLoru navarasa naadagam) was pathetic IMO but judges were all nice to him. And how come they give a second chance to Aravind and put Gopalakrishnan on wait list until they see Aravind perform for the second time. Gopalakrishnan was really good today. If they can send Hari to the next round I dont see any logic in putting Gopalakrishnan, Rohith and Ajish on wait list. They were all much better than Hari. Gopalakrishnanukku judges kodutha comment (for eeramAna rojAvE) nallA paaduneenga aana feel konjam jaasthiyaa kodukkuReenga (or something similar to that). Feel'E illAma paadi sothappuna Hari'ku very good performance - you are going to the next round. EKSI? :(

crajkumar_be
29th October 2008, 08:41 AM
Roshan,
I watched last night's episode. I missed Gopalakrishnan's performance. IMO Hari did sing well - special-a illa but definitely good. Among Ajeesh/Rohit i thought the former did better but the judges thought otherwise. pavam Vineeth struggled though he tried hard and i think he's in trouble

And how is it fair to give a second chance for Arvind???
appo mathavanga ellam? :huh:
[Srini commented 'naanga yerkanave sonna madhiri carnatic feel vendame' - paatte carnatic paattu dhaane :lol: ]

P.S: Orchestra kuzhu - Orchestrated or castrated? Pathetic :banghead:

Nerd
29th October 2008, 09:31 AM
Gopalakrishnan was really good today. Gopalakrishnanukku judges kodutha comment (for eeramAna rojAvE) nallA paaduneenga aana feel konjam jaasthiyaa kodukkuReenga (or something similar to that). Feel'E illAma paadi sothappuna Hari'ku very good performance - you are going to the next round. EKSI? :(
I beg to differ :P
He spoiled that song, IMHO. I have listened to that song over a thousand times and I simply could not stand GK today. I mean Das annan would have sung it SO well without actually *showing* any emotions explicitly. You as a listener can still feel the pain the hero goes through. GK's singing had a nail-blackboard effect on me, may be because I love that song so much. Agree with you on Hari, he did sing well but neenga sonna mAthiri no feel whatsoever. I infact listened to SPB singing that right after that and it was awesome!!!

Needless to say who won the ferformer of the day award - the one who performed first. WOW :clap: :bow: I think she also sang very well today :clap:

crajkumar_be
29th October 2008, 09:43 AM
Did Gopalakrishnan sing with a carnatic touch last night also??
I saw the comment he made after the performance.. "indha paattu arumayana composition dhaan.. aana notes konjam flat-a irukkardhunaala naan konjam azhagu kudukka paathen" or something to that effect :)

Nerd
29th October 2008, 09:49 AM
Did Gopalakrishnan sing with a carnatic touch last night also??
I saw the comment he made after the performance.. "indha paattu arumayana composition dhaan.. aana notes konjam flat-a irukkardhunaala naan konjam azhagu kudukka paathen" or something to that effect :)
He sang eeramaana rOjAvE from iLamai kaalangaL. Carnatic feel illai but I don't know how to explain. Andha pAttu plain-a illayAnu raja saar-ku theriyaadhaa?? :huh: He sang that song with a malarnthum malaraatha / naan oru raasiyillA raja feel. Too much unnecessary emotions.. I think he will get past this round. There were many other unimpressive performances. Looking forward to Deepshika singing tomorrow..

complicateur
29th October 2008, 10:21 AM
Needless to say who won the ferformer of the day award - the one who performed first. WOW I think she also sang very well today
Seriously :o ? I will agree she looked very pretty (gross understatement actually) but every single landing note was either stifled or swallowed.
The girl who sang unnai nAn santhiththEn was very good I thought. Agree with Roshan completely, Hari was patchy. It is ironic that Gopalakrishnan basically hurt his chances because of his "extra" effort. I dont think he meant to say the eeramAna rOjAvE needed the beauty, he thought if he sang it his way it would show initiative. If he actually thought he knew more than Raja on what the song required, it is laughable.
I'm looking forward to Prasanna singing Vandanam and Ravi's ThaNNi thotti :) .

Nerd
29th October 2008, 10:34 AM
Needless to say who won the ferformer of the day award - the one who performed first. WOW I think she also sang very well today
Seriously :o ? I will agree she looked very pretty (gross understatement actually) but every single landing note was either stifled or swallowed.
I am sorry, I am no expert. But the landing-note thingi is easily noticeable, may be I missed it - No wonder :)

kameshratnam
29th October 2008, 10:46 AM
Pls touch ur heart and tell me if the judges are really competent to judge..

Roshan
29th October 2008, 10:52 AM
The girl who sang unnai nAn santhiththEn was very good I thought.

Even I thought but 'got to be more soft and sensitive'nu' comment kodukkuRaanga and for Hari who doesnt emote at all they dont say a single word.

Agree with Roshan completely, Hari was patchy

Yeah and he basically killed that wonderful song of SPB and I strongly feel that Ajish, Rohith and Gopalakrishan were ahead of him but all three were put on wait list.

It is ironic that Gopalakrishnan basically hurt his chances because of his "extra" effort.

I think so too..

I dont think he meant to say the eeramAna rOjAvE needed the beauty, he thought if he sang it his way it would show initiative.

And I think that's what he meant.

I'm looking forward to Prasanna singing Vandanam and Ravi's ThaNNi thotti :) .

Same here and also Deepshika, Renu and Aruna .

Roshan
29th October 2008, 11:02 AM
Pls touch ur heart and tell me if the judges are really competent to judge..

They were quite impressive in the initial rounds but now it's all detoriarating and I am losing hope. They had been unusually lenient towards Hari who had been either average or below average in his performances right from the beginning. Ravi-Hari brothers'a koopittu Sriram and Subha special performance paNNa sonnappavE I was wondering as to why they were trying to highlight them. enakku mild'a doubt vara aarmbikkuthu ippO :confused2:

Raginisri :lol: pAttu pAduRatha vittuttu jodi no.1-ku pOgalaam - that would be a better thing for her.

And as Bala said, Vipin is in trouble. Ajish can definitely do much better - I have seen his live performance and he is much talented than what we see now.

Roshan
29th October 2008, 11:40 PM
As expected Vipin was in trouble and got eliminated. Barathiraja's elimination wasn't shocking to me. AdhE thAlAttu paaduRa style'la vechuttu kaalam thaLLa mudiyAthu. Malathi's elimination has got nothing to complain. Judges' decision nallAthAn irukku :clap: Vipin was sweet in his departing note. Malathi took it positively and Barathirajah got emotional yet managed to control.

Prasanna and Renu :clap:

Deepshika was disappointing and she seriously has to work on the emoting part.

Madhumitha did well for once with chinna thaayavaL.

Santhosh'a Sjuatha play back material'nu sonnathu - koncham kodumai :x

Rest was all fine to me :)

complicateur
30th October 2008, 08:09 AM
Prasanna and Renu :clap:
Deepshika was disappointing and she seriously has to work on the emoting part.
I actually didn't mind Deepshikha. The pallavi was bad but she was back in form during the charaNam. She was singing well within herself like Sujatha said, Shruthi poyidumO-nu bayanthu pAdurApla irunthuthu. But I am a little biased hence the leniency :) .
Actually I concur on most things Sujatha said except Santhosh. He has mike control issues or he purposely pulls away so that you dont hear the end of the last word. She was absolutely right about ReNu's breath control at the end of the CharaNam. First thing that ran through my mind as I heard sing one of my favorite Raja compositions. I was waiting to see how she would handle it and she came through with flying colors. She was a little spotty at the beginning of the charaNam but navigated the end very well.
I thought Vijay would be flustered following Prasanna, but he performed admirably. No buckling under pressure. But it must have been intimidating, Prasanna put on a show... vittA one man nAdagamE nadathiduvApla!
Ravi as usual was his talented self with thaNNi thotti. Madhumitha was the surprise package. Very Very good this week.

Nerd
30th October 2008, 08:49 AM

Bharathiraja suffered today. He was termed as a iravupaadagan, orE maadhiri stuff etc ., Why not a second chance?? Not that I am a fan of BR or something, but its not fair at all. Arvind was pathetic in his second attempt as well and he was spot selected :twisted: :evil:

The women trio was superb today. All the three of them sang well with Renu being the best. Her performance today was WOW - on par with her ninaithu ninaithu pArthEn :clap:

Ravi Vs Renu or Ravi and Renu (a duet) would be God-awesome. Prasanna always imitates the singer, he can become an excellent mimicry artist. He does sing well but the person who he imitates is obviously much better than him, why do we need a cloan?? :huh: He is a much better singer if he does not do that (ponnonRu kaNdEn)

crajkumar_be
30th October 2008, 01:25 PM

Bharathiraja suffered today. He was termed as a iravupaadagan, orE maadhiri stuff etc ., Why not a second chance?? Not that I am a fan of BR or something, but its not fair at all. Arvind was pathetic in his second attempt as well and he was spot selected :twisted: :evil:

Judges - I'm reminded of a Virumaandi dialogue, "kenathula irukkumbodhu nallavana irundha illa neyee" :(

crajkumar_be
30th October 2008, 01:27 PM
And complicateur/Roshan, IMO Santhosh nalla dhaane paadraaru...

thilak4life
30th October 2008, 01:48 PM
Who who sang alongside Bharathiraja? I thought they were waxing lyrical just for his song selection, and not because of the rendition, which was well off-the-mark IMO.

crajkumar_be
30th October 2008, 02:11 PM
Who who sang alongside Bharathiraja? I thought they were waxing lyrical just for his song selection, and not because of the rendition, which was well off-the-mark IMO.
marandhutten.. endha song paadnaaple? Was it Santhosh?

thilak4life
30th October 2008, 02:46 PM

Yeah :)

complicateur
30th October 2008, 10:14 PM
Yep Santhosh, he sang sorgam mathuvilae. Actually the parts I could hear he sang pretty well. Santhosh's biggest pluses are a booming voice and his confidence (exactly the opposite of Bharathiraja's to Bharathiraja's detriment). But the this time I distinctly felt he was pulling the mike away before finishing the phrase he was singing completely. To me that indicates one of 2 things - poor mike control or he wasnt sure of the last note. That was my only objection. I just thought the judges shouldn't have overlooked this especially in light of how hard they were on Bharathiraja, avaLO thAn.

Nerd
4th November 2008, 09:19 AM
What's wrong with Prasanna? Well it was funny the first time, but he kept on repeating the same thing again and again. It was freakin irritating. And him being able to emote/overact is nothing unusual or extraordinary, he has been a stage singer for 5-6 years.. Anyway he did sing well today..

directhit
4th November 2008, 09:33 AM

My thoughts exactly. I was not at all happy with MalagaLE - specially the male vocal. Hariharan maathiriyE paadureengannu judges sonnathellAm I wonder why? He wasnt that good. Unni's absence was felt and I thought Srini was dominating this time. ippodhaan inga telecast - malargale was spoilt big time and both the judges were praising them :? maybe bcos the orchestra was even more horrible and adhunaala ivangala praise pannangalo :P - idhula creativity nu vera sonnanga :roll:

complicateur
5th November 2008, 09:09 AM
Just saw yesterday's and today's programme A few thoughts to jot down:
1. Ranjini Raginisri rendumE parama sothappal.
2. Prasanna replicated Jazzie, right down o the pronunciation, but he might have not had a choice there. Ravi started slow but finished strong.
3. Arvind's Anthi pon vettam from Vandhanam (one of my favorite M.G.Sreekumar songs) was missing the joie de vivre that it required.
4. Mahalaxmi Iyer's Vadakkathi-isms (padaraththE, mUduraththE etc..) were cute at first but then got annoying. But since she sang Meettatha oru veeNai from pUnthOttam, mannichchu vittudalAm.
5. Sunitha Sarathy might rival Celine Dion in both voice as well as in being a diva.
6.Ajish sang surprisingly well. I was very impressed.
7. MOST IMPORTANT: kAmpteesan-a niruththungappA! Just give the prize to RENu! maththavA ellarayum Aththukku anuppidungO! ambuttu thEn!

Nerd
5th November 2008, 10:15 AM
Oh.. namma response pAthu thread sticky aayiduthA... Raaginisri :cry: Overconfident. I think she ll be eliminated this round unless Sreeni does something. Sreeni seems to like her a lot. I did not like any of the performances today. rembba sumaar. The concept itself is stupid IMO very biased towards people who know more than one language. Looking forward to Summer of 69 :shock:

crajkumar_be
5th November 2008, 01:40 PM
4. Mahalaxmi Iyer's Vadakkathi-isms (padaraththE, mUduraththE etc..) were cute at first but then got annoying. But since she sang Meettatha oru veeNai from pUnthOttam, mannichchu vittudalAm.

:notthatway: Palakkad-iyerisms...
thoroughly deserves a :hammer: ing

crajkumar_be
5th November 2008, 01:40 PM
Missed the last two episodes...

aanaa
5th November 2008, 07:20 PM
Oh.. namma response :rotfl:

complicateur
5th November 2008, 09:40 PM
>>dig.

:notthatway: Palakkad-iyerisms... :o AppadiyA! :oops: That means I have only heard adulterated pAlakkAd Iyer bAshai so mannichchu vittudunga. Thanks for the info. nyAbagam vechchukkurein, nAnum appo appo eduththu vudurEn!. end dig.<<

Nerd
6th November 2008, 08:00 AM
Disappointed with Madhumitha's elimination. She did sing OK, but raaginisri and the other madhumitha definitely did worse than her. The eliminated Madhumitha was very charming, always had that pleasant smile on her face. She took it in the right spirit as well. OTOH the other Madhumitha's face turned into a inji thinna monkey when sujatha started, shruthi problems and she even went to the extent of saying, "improve pannikkuREn" when the judges were talking about elimination. Was she trying to convince the judges at that moment? WTH, grow the hell up.

And whats with the whole gang going gaga over Vijay Adams?? avarukku mattum diction, voice cracks ellAm pAkka mAttAngaLA? Just because he sang an English song does not mean everything else must be overlooked. He did a bad job at that IMHO. But srini's reaction when Vijay started I got my real first six string was freakin' priceless :rotfl:

idhellAm oru kaampateesan (appuRam edhukku naan pAkkuREn :oops: )

kameshratnam
7th November 2008, 11:23 AM
The biggest joke of airtel super singer is that none of the singers who have won the contests have become popular. they hv probably sung in uppuma gambany movies...

Shakthiprabha.
7th November 2008, 11:26 AM

MM 1/2/3 audience alavu unga frustrations jaasthi aaguthu pola theriyuthe :lol2:

I supp I may wanna watch this prog from next week :? not sure.

kameshratnam
7th November 2008, 06:48 PM
Some times we feel the contestants sang well and this has happened many times. Many of my friends and i have shared the same view that a singer sang well but judge wud then turn into anda 7 natkal bhagyaraj

The best scene which comes to my mind when a judge finds fault with a singer is the scene in anda ezhu naatkal...Bhagyaraj wud be in the terrace and ambica would be in the bathroom and when she wud sing something wrong..bhagyraj wud say ..Gamapada...slowly then roll on gamapada gamapada gamapada gamagama gamapada..
ROFL

Nerd
7th November 2008, 08:55 PM

MM 1/2/3 audience alavu unga frustrations jaasthi aaguthu pola theriyuthe :lol2:

I supp I may wanna watch this prog from next week :? not sure.
SP,
Watch it! There are 4-5 outstanding talents. What irks us is the judges' favoritism and obvious errors in judgement.

kameshratnam
10th November 2008, 09:26 AM
Who is going to tell the judges or vijay tv that the judges are like these.

And why..may i know ..i dont see any one from a gramam...or even kugramam.....Why r u basing the shows out of classical music? I am not able to see a male or female singer in age grp 25 and above..so does this mean that this competition is only for 25 and below

And please for good...dont call these judges again and again...These guys like sreenivas etc will come to tamil shows and sing mhd rafi and the sad part of the matter is i have not hear them sing a song of sirkazhi or chidambaram jayaraman....
OMG..... :(

viraajan
10th November 2008, 09:11 PM
Ragini :clap: :thumbsup:

Nee paadinia paatukku pinnala oru story ya :shock:

:clap:

what an energy :yes:

viraajan
10th November 2008, 09:29 PM
Madhumitha :clap: :clap:

:cry2: on the story for choosing this song :cry2:

joe
10th November 2008, 09:33 PM
:sigh2: inge one week delay telecaste-grathala inga nadakkura discussion-la kalanthukka mudiyalla :(

viraajan
10th November 2008, 09:36 PM
:sigh2: inge one week delay telecaste-grathala inga nadakkura discussion-la kalanthukka mudiyalla :(

naanum regulara pakkaradhul illa... dhideer nu thonichu na pappen... :oops:

Oh anga 1wk delay ah :(

joe
10th November 2008, 09:38 PM

Yes.

Inniku thaan Prasanna 'Lajjavathiye' paadunaar.

Nerd
10th November 2008, 09:58 PM
adhellAm paravalla, sollunga ungaL karutha :P

directhit
11th November 2008, 06:13 AM

Yes.

Inniku thaan Prasanna 'Lajjavathiye' paadunaar. :yes: that along with Ravi singing pramadhavanam and Renu with the telugu version of nenje nenje was awesome :clap: :clap: - amazing that these 3 (not entirely sure prasanna ought to be along with these two though) are such a class apart from the rest :oops:

joe
11th November 2008, 07:10 AM
adhellAm paravalla, sollunga ungaL karutha :P
:)

* Renu ,Ravi and prasanna did extremely good. :D
* Chinamayi's costume :x and alattal :evil:
* Orachestra was bad :oops:
* whenever i watch ,Ravi's brother Hari gave average performance ,still not out :huh:
* Chechi Sujatha was very happy since many sang malayaLam songs . :)

Nerd
11th November 2008, 08:26 AM
* whenever i watch ,Ravi's brother Hari gave average performance ,still not out :P

Super singer has successfully stooped down to the level of JN1 or even visu-vin aRattai arangam. kaampateesan nadathungadAnA dedicason, azhugAchi etc. enna ezhavudA idhu :twisted:

crajkumar_be
11th November 2008, 04:27 PM
Oh, azhugachi veraya? eppo, edhukku?

Latest Chin crib: Why does she give a sub-woofer effect whenever she says "bHargavi"??? :hammer: Vadakkathiya veri :shaking:

littlemaster1982
11th November 2008, 04:43 PM
Oh, azhugachi veraya? eppo, edhukku?

Latest Chin crib: Why does she give a sub-woofer effect whenever she says "bHargavi"??? :hammer: Vadakkathiya veri :shaking:

:lol:

Nerd
11th November 2008, 08:46 PM
Oh, azhugachi veraya? eppo, edhukku:
Do you remember the JN1-romance round-tinku-air tickets to Malaysia etc?? Something of that sort.. Dedicate a song to someone, invite them on stage, surprise them with gifts etc

joe
11th November 2008, 08:51 PM
Oh, azhugachi veraya? eppo, edhukku:
Do you remember the JN1-romance round-tinku-air tickets to Malaysia etc?? Something of that sort.. Dedicate a song to someone, invite them on stage, surprise them with gifts etc

:x

Ippo kooda oruthan alagu kuththi aadi anuthaapam vaanginane :evil:

Dance aada sonna inga vanthu sentiment padam edukkuRanunga :sigh2:

Nerd
11th November 2008, 09:05 PM
JN1 aavadhu OK, I mean its not much of a kaampateesan program. But sooper singer-la sentiment padam ellAm rombbba over-u. VijayTV is trying to make up for its lack of mega serials using such sick stuff. I think such sentiments work only in neeyA naana :) That has become my favorite now along with TPEM (few episodes)

directhit
12th November 2008, 06:47 AM
whts TPEM :? btw Ungalil yaar adutha PD yaarum pakaradhillaya :roll:

crajkumar_be
12th November 2008, 08:51 AM
whts TPEM :? btw Ungalil yaar adutha PD yaarum pakaradhillaya :roll:
TPEM - Thamizh Pechu Engal Moochu

I watch ungalil yaar adutha PD appappo.. Is the guy who said in the auditions he was acting in a movie still there?

crajkumar_be
12th November 2008, 08:52 AM
Madhumitha (the one who sang a Malayalam song from Swapna koodu) ought to be eliminated. eliminate aanadhu ivangala illa innoru Madhumitha-va?

crajkumar_be
12th November 2008, 08:52 AM
Saw the ad for that episode... :puke:

directhit
12th November 2008, 09:20 AM
oh thx Bala jee :P TPEM deserves :clap:
i dont follow UYPD that much, but saw the set in promos - it was quite good. once they come into the final list i might watch regularly
yeah, Madhumitha spoilt the karuppinazhagu song :x

crajkumar_be
12th November 2008, 09:24 AM
Srinivas was correcting the way she pronounced 'kuruvi' in Malayalam... she kept repeating the thamizh pronunciation.. hilarious :lol: Reminded me of...

GM: "push.. push..."
Senthil: "puii puii..."

Phoebe: "Je.... m'apelle... Claude"
Joey: "Je.. bliplu... blau.."
:rotfl:

directhit
12th November 2008, 09:25 AM
:rotfl: :rotfl:
raghu thaatha :P

joe
12th November 2008, 09:30 AM
Srinivas was correcting the way she pronounced 'kuruvi' in Malayalam... she kept repeating the thamizh pronunciation.. hilarious :lol: Reminded me of...

GM: "push.. push..."
Senthil: "puii puii..."

Phoebe: "Je.... m'apelle... Claude"
Joey: "Je.. bliplu... blau.."

True :lol:

Nerd
12th November 2008, 09:45 AM
Madhumitha (the one who sang a Malayalam song from Swapna koodu) ought to be eliminated. eliminate aanadhu ivangala illa innoru Madhumitha-va?
No. Karuppinazhagu girl is still there. The other one sang a tough number (Bairi Piya - Devdas - Shreya). I thought she did quite OK, at least better than the other madhumitha, raaginisri and a few others. You should check out the shock on the faces of other contestants when the judges announced Madhumitha's elimination. The karuppinazhagu madhumitha also has serious attitude problems unlike the other madhumitha.

I also watch UYAPD On/Off. There are some really good talk shows from 9-10 in local channels here, thats why I generally youtube Airtel SS also. Did not watch today's episode, was not interested either :twisted:

kameshratnam
12th November 2008, 12:33 PM
The show gives me a feel that it is not tamizh show at all. I dont why..do any one of u feel the same like me? :lol:

Also some one said sreeni corrected malayalamnu...wud he have the knowledge to correct someone who sings tamil words wrongly...
Never :(

Sujatha chechi infact said once .... Naan Raja vai ketkum...apozhdu..adu sollum" This is the worst part..either talk in malayalam or tamil or english ..u mix and screw everyone's happiness..

Infact chinmayee herself is a kannadiga for sure since her full name is chinmayi sripada..
Cha cha...oru mara tamizhan kodava ellai EKSI

Roshan
12th November 2008, 07:02 PM
Finally managed to catch the show on TV after few misses. Thanks to Nerd and Complicatuer for providing me the links for the previous few episodes :)

I wonder why so much of negative comments on this week's episode. Koncham aacharyamA irukku. I feel the 'dedication to some one special in your life' concept was quite ok. Could see the lighter side of the contestants and their family members. Show'um koncham interesting'a irunthuchu. And to me things looked quite natural and some were interesting and poignant. YaarumE pretend paNNathA theriyala and yArumE over'a emotional aagala. (visu arattai arangamkooda ellAm compare paNRathu :evil: )

And more important thing is enna mAyamnu theriyala nEthu pAduna ellArumE - super performances.

Ajish started out beautifully with 'uyirum neeyE' a dedication to his ever supportive mum, followed by Prasanna - with PBS's "nilavukku enmEl ennadi kObam" - a dedication to his wife in memory of the days between their engagement and marriage. It was a lovely and as usual a soulful rendition . Ending part of every line was superbly done. Then came Ravi . Chance'E illa - mind blowing performance of a song from the album 'bombay dreams' - dedicated to his dad - whom he considers as his best critic. A near perfect performance.

AppuRam deepshika (rOjavai thAlAttum thenRal - chosen for her sister), Ranjani (kaRpoora bommai onRu - to her sister) and finally Rohith with vathikuchi pathikaathudA - dedicated to his family friend , critic and well wisher - who is also an Ajith fan. AvarOda friend bayangara IR fan'aam and that's the reason behind Rohith choosing IR songs mostly. Rohith's best performance so far - with plenty of energy and confidence.

Renu is performing tonight - eagerly waiting for tonight's show .

PS: Seems that, Srini adakki vaasichufies when Unni's around. And certainly the judgments come out with some quality when Unni is present. Adikkadi ivar kAnAma pOgAma thodarnthu ellA episodeleyum vanthA nallA irukkum. Sujatha is also good - but she gets dominated by Srini when Unni is not there.

crajkumar_be
12th November 2008, 08:34 PM
Rohit is irritating, IMO :twisted:

I saw Unni as a judge in Asianet SS a week or two back...

Nerd
12th November 2008, 11:55 PM
Yes, Rohit sounds like kadhal konden second hero. I dont understand what do the judges mean by saying that he has got an excellent voice. As a listener I would not want to listen to any of his songs (if he gets the oppurtunity)

Roshan
13th November 2008, 09:30 AM
At last Madhumitha and Bhargavi are out :clap:

Raadhai manathil song pAdunappOvE out aakki irukkanum - 'kozhantha ennamA pAduthu'nu.. solli - maalgudi subha - put them in. Specially Madhumitha :evil: Anyway both Madhumitha and Bhargavi took the decision in the right spirit and were sweet in their departing note.

Have to appreciate the judges for the way they express their views during elimination. Very encouraging and they do make genuine efforts to make the eliminated contestants feel comfortable.

Roshan
13th November 2008, 11:22 AM
And most imporatantly - Renu was a big let down last night. orE sothappal with poovE poochudavA :(

complicateur
13th November 2008, 12:10 PM
And most imporatantly - Renu was a big let down last night. orE sothappal with poovE poochudavA :( :o That is a little harsh. She didn't meet her own high standards. Deepshikha was a little more disappointing. Outright winners from this round Ajeesh and Prasanna, IMO.

Roshan
13th November 2008, 12:32 PM
And most imporatantly - Renu was a big let down last night. orE sothappal with poovE poochudavA :( :o That is a little harsh. She didn't meet her own high standards. Deepshikha was a little more disappointing. Outright winners from this round Ajeesh and Prasanna, IMO.

Vaanga vaanga .. I was waiting for you :) May be you are right when you say that I am harsh on Renu - but pitching ellAm koncham sothappal aayiduchu and she struggled with the line intha ponmaanai paarthu kondE senRu naan sEra vEndum and the next line. I am expecting a lot from Renu.

Prasanna rombavE nallA paadinAr - as I said finishing of each line was very well done.

But to me Ravi was equally good and it was a tough number he chose. RombavE nallA paadinaar.

I have started giving up on Deepshika. She doesnt seem to change her style despite the continuous feedback given by the judges for improvement. Emoting is basically 'nil' and as Srini said she doesn't deserve to be in the weak performances list but I think she is digging her own grave. She seems quite adamant not to change her style. It's just her attitude that's going to badly affect her.
Srini sonnathu correct "I dont know what's happening with you these days"

complicateur
13th November 2008, 12:47 PM
Vaanga vaanga .. I was waiting for you. Itha padichchittu enakku ennavO kasAppu kadai vechchirukkuravan Adu kitta sonna mAthiri oru feeling vanthuduchchu. j/k... :)
Yes Ravi was good, but it was one of those song was bigger than him cases. Intha mAthiri pAttukku Ramesh, who got eliminated in the second round, would have been perfectly rustic. But he did the best he could in fact he tried to match the originals tonal quality too as Srini and Sujatha pointed out. But it was still obvious that it was outside his wheelhouse.
Ajeesh on the other hand was pristine I thought. Some of the Sangathi's almost sounded like they were escaping Unnikrishnan's mouth.
In fact that was my favorie line in her rendition for me. She was quite inconsisten with hitting landing notes in pallavi and the beginning of the CharaNam, but I thought she settled down by the timethat line came around I thought. But it is one of my favorite songs, I go into a Raja trance when I hear it so my judgement might be clouded.

Roshan
13th November 2008, 04:42 PM
Vaanga vaanga .. I was waiting for you. Itha padichchittu enakku ennavO kasAppu kadai vechchirukkuravan Adu kitta sonna mAthiri oru feeling vanthuduchchu. j/k... :)

Haha .. athellAm illa, mostly your views on this show go with mine adhaan support'ku aaL varumvaraikkum waiting :)

Yes Ravi was good, but it was one of those song was bigger than him cases. Intha mAthiri pAttukku Ramesh, who got eliminated in the second round, would have been perfectly rustic. But he did the best he could in fact he tried to match the originals tonal quality too as Srini and Sujatha pointed out. But it was still obvious that it was outside his wheelhouse.

Hmm I remember Ramesh and I still believe the mallu guy Sandeep would have made at least to the present level had he got selected by Srilekha and gang.

enakkennavO inthavAtti Ravi performance romba pudichuthu.

Ajeesh on the other hand was pristine I thought. Some of the Sangathi's almost sounded like they were escaping Unnikrishnan's mouth.

Ajish is a good singer and I am disappointed that he is not performing to the best of his ability. He has been singing for Abasvaram Ramji's troop 'isai mazhalaigaL' since childhood (Vignesh and Sai are also part of this troop). I have seen Ajish performning live, once in Chennai. He is more talented than what we are seeing in SS now. I think he came out with flying colours with uyirum neeyE and hope he maintains it through out.

Nerd
13th November 2008, 11:03 PM
Can not believe that madhumitha was sweet on her departing note. She was literally begging the previous round to stay. She did that once earlier as well. Anyway am happy about the eliminations. Rohit and santosh nessst :twisted:

Roshan
15th November 2008, 05:51 PM
Happened to watch the singing competition show "sa re ga ma pa" on Zee TV this morning. I really feel ashame when I think of the program standards of thamizh. Super singer enna - innum 100 super singer vanthaalum intha mAthiri programs pakkathulakooda nikka mudiyAthu. Amaaaaaaazing talents. Even most of our thamizh play back singers have to pichai vaangufy from these contestants. Enna mAthiri paadurAnga :o

All thamizh singing competition programs should have a rule not to include any one from the age between 16 - 21. Kural mature aagatha pAdagargaLa vechuttu competition nadathuRathu is a waste, unless the program is for minors. That's the main drawback of Airtel Super Singer I feel.

Anyway, I am going to continue watching sa re ga ma pa. I got instantly addicted, though I dont understand anything in Hindi.

Nerd
18th November 2008, 09:00 AM
Entertainment Round it seems. What next? Acting round? Anuradha siriram veRa vandhuttAnga :banghead:

Prasanna did well today, no wonder -an experienced entertainer :lol: Looking forward to Ravi singing iLamai idhO idhO and was it Deepshika with mala mala maruthamala :shock:

selvakumar
18th November 2008, 12:22 PM
Happened to watch the singing competition show "sa re ga ma pa" on Zee TV this morning. I really feel ashame when I think of the program standards of thamizh. Super singer enna - innum 100 super singer vanthaalum intha mAthiri programs pakkathulakooda nikka mudiyAthu. Amaaaaaaazing talents. Even most of our thamizh play back singers have to pichai vaangufy from these contestants. Enna mAthiri paadurAnga :o

All thamizh singing competition programs should have a rule not to include any one from the age between 16 - 21. Kural mature aagatha pAdagargaLa vechuttu competition nadathuRathu is a waste, unless the program is for minors. That's the main drawback of Airtel Super Singer I feel.

Anyway, I am going to continue watching sa re ga ma pa. I got instantly addicted, though I dont understand anything in Hindi.

I fully agree with you Roshan. My new roommate recommended this program strongly. I watched only parts of the program when I got time. wow ! What to say ! When I listened to few of the contestants, I could understand how hard they might have worked. Few performances were awesome. What I really like is the structure of the program. I haven't seen it fully. I must follow it regularly from now onwards.

P.S1: Shankar mahadevan romba slim ah theriyuraar
P.S2: Himesh reshmaiyya thaadi, meesai illama irunthaaru.. naan oru nimisham aadi poyittaen :shock:

Roshan
18th November 2008, 02:21 PM

I fully agree with you Roshan. My new roommate recommended this program strongly. I watched only parts of the program when I got time. wow ! What to say ! When I listened to few of the contestants, I could understand how hard they might have worked. Few performances were awesome. What I really like is the structure of the program. I haven't seen it fully. I must follow it regularly from now onwards.

P.S1: Shankar mahadevan romba slim ah theriyuraar
P.S2: Himesh reshmaiyya thaadi, meesai illama irunthaaru.. naan oru nimisham aadi poyittaen :shock:

Fortunately or unfortunately after seeing this program I couldn't gel with Airtel SS. Then theriyAthanamA Asia Net'la Mallu junior singer competition vEra paathuttEn :( Airtel SS'la paaduravanga ellArumE - well below average mAthiri irukku enakku ippO, including Renu, Prasanna and Ravi. mathavanga kEkkavE vEnaam.

Selva, last Saturday was the first time I saw sa re ga ma pa fully. athukku munnAdi oru vAtti - I saw a guy from Lahore singing the Hindi version of ARR's aaruyirE ennai mannippAyA mannippAya sol - from Guru. I was spellbound. At that time Abishek Bachan was also present as a judge and he went gaga over this particular performance reminiscing his association with Guru project and ARR. I never got an opportunity to see again until this week.

Anyway, coming to last night's show (forgetting the Zee and Asia net stuff ) I didnt like any of the performances. Anuradha Sriram'a pArthathum - enthu paathi drop aayiduchu. Then the performances - pretty ordinary. Prasanna was entertaining - but could have chosen a better song as he is capable of handling. Ravi is singing iLamai ithO ithO tonight. It is definitely not his cup of tea. pAkalAm enna nadakkuthunnu.

selvakumar
18th November 2008, 02:48 PM
Roshan,
Inga Vijay TV illa.. Only sun tv :P Hence, orae solution.. watching kolangal :wink:

Do you know the timing of the ZEE program ?

Roshan
18th November 2008, 07:07 PM
Roshan,
Inga Vijay TV illa.. Only sun tv :P Hence, orae solution.. watching kolangal :wink:

Do you know the timing of the ZEE program ?

:o MyanmarleyE Vijay TV varuthu .. kolkata'la yEn varuthilla? :roll:

Zee program repeat telecast Saturday 9.00 am IST - fresh program eppOnnu sariyA theriyaathu. I think the previous night around 8 or 9 pm.

selvakumar
18th November 2008, 07:40 PM
:o MyanmarleyE Vijay TV varuthu .. kolkata'la yEn varuthilla? :roll:

Zee program repeat telecast Saturday 9.00 am IST - fresh program eppOnnu sariyA theriyaathu. I think the previous night around 8 or 9 pm.
You must have a setup box I think. here it is local cable networks. No other tamil channel except Sun tv is coming :x

aanaa
18th November 2008, 08:19 PM
or from internet

Nerd
19th November 2008, 09:42 AM
Ajeesh was excellent today with singAri sarakku. Vijay was pathetic, would be eliminated I think. Ravi paled in comparison with SPB, I think anyone would have. iLamai idhO idhO is a masterpiece with some out-of-the world orchestration and perfect singing. I mean SPB's voice is another instrument playing along with that song. Nobody could have done justice to that. So he escapes :)

Looking forward to *watch* Raaginisri tomorrow.

complicateur
19th November 2008, 09:58 AM
Namma school senior-a yEn ivvaLavu kalAikkureenga-nnu program pArththa udanE viLangiduchchu. But Anuradha Sriram wasn't all that bad. The quality is taking a quick dive though and I am beginning to lose interest. Its kind of sad that the terror trio is the only interesting thing about the program at this point and even they aren't that entertaining.

Roshan
19th November 2008, 10:19 AM
Namma school senior-a yEn ivvaLavu kalAikkureenga-nnu program pArththa udanE viLangiduchchu. But Anuradha Sriram wasn't all that bad.

Agreed ! Unga school mate'A avanga ? Her feedback to the contestants are quite good.

The quality is taking a quick dive though and I am beginning to lose interest.

Same here. Very pathetic scenario with the entertainment round. entertainment'kum ivangaLukkum rombavE dhooram. I usually watch the program with much enthu but this week :huh: Last night I wasn't concentrating much - and I was chatting with a friend of mine while the program was on and couldn't pay attention. Seems that Ravi had failed as expected. Antha mAthiri pAttellAm chose paNNavE koodAthu - yaarA irunthaalum. It is an impossible task and it all falls flat when you attempt.

Its kind of sad that the terror trio is the only interesting thing about the program at this point and even they aren't that entertaining.

Exactly and I think one of them (Vijay) will get eliminated this week. Brian Adams pAtta thirumba pAda chonnathu avara passify paNRathukkunnu nenekiREn.

Saw a clip of Raginisri's performance - antha 5 secondslEyE kural ekkachakkamA break aagi pisiRadikkuthu :evil: High time she got eliminated.

Roshan
19th November 2008, 10:21 AM
Need to say Airtel Super Singer Junior was much ahead in terms of talent, quality and entertainment - with very good judges like Chitra and Usha Udup.

complicateur
19th November 2008, 01:17 PM
Agreed ! Unga school mate'A avanga ? Her feedback to the contestants are quite good.
She was multiple years senior to me, graduated and was famous while I was in school.
I'm pretty sure Vijay is done. Cant wait for this section of the show to wrap up. I wonder what new dog and pony show they will come up with for future rounds.

crajkumar_be
19th November 2008, 02:48 PM
inga correct-a 9-10 powercut. So kadandha sila episodes miss pannitten.. aana neenga solradhellam paatha im not missing much pola irukke

Reg. Zee Sa Re Ga Ma, (and the Star Plus - peru nyabagam illa) vara singers are definitely superior. Aana the same cannot be said of the judgments there...
I think in SRGMP they have this concept of "History", etc in rankings.. eva(n) paadnalum odane History nu sollidrainga. Periya insight ulla comments kudukkardhilla but the singing is, like you guys say, great. In any case, these shows and Asianet SS are better any day than our versions IMO

crajkumar_be
19th November 2008, 02:51 PM
Anuradha Sriram (and her bro Drums Murugan) munnadi naanga irundha flats la irundhaanga in K.K Nagar. avanga thambi drums nalla vasipaapla (Dhina la nee illai endral avar dhaan paadnaaru nu nenaikkaren), otherwise by virtue of being in my list she would have faced dire consequences :twisted:

Roshan
19th November 2008, 04:16 PM
Anuradha Sriram (and her bro Drums Murugan) munnadi naanga irundha flats la irundhaanga in K.K Nagar. avanga thambi drums nalla vasipaapla (Dhina la nee illai endral avar dhaan paadnaaru nu nenaikkaren), otherwise by virtue of being in my list she would have faced dire consequences :twisted:

Yeah the Dheena song was sung by him and he has also composed a song in "Ei nee romba azhaga irukkE".

Arthi
19th November 2008, 06:01 PM

Yeah the Dheena song was sung by him and he has also composed a song in "Ei nee romba azhaga irukkE".
Nethiki paarthadha inniki update paNNiyaacha :P
vaalarga ungaL thOndu :wink: 8-)

Roshan
19th November 2008, 07:15 PM

Idhenna periya vishayam - live update'E koduthirukkOm :oops: nEthu episode waste - chatting with you was more interesting than the show so I did not pay much attention :P :)

Roshan
19th November 2008, 10:19 PM
Judges :evil: Raginisri (along with Ranjini) got eliminated and judges drama paNNi maRupadiyum competition'la sEthukittAnga :hammer: Dance aadittE pAduRathu kashtamAm - so forgiven :evil: MathavagaLum dance aadittuthAn pAdinaanga - didn't they perform better ? And what is the purpose of having an entertainment round ? Aren't the contestants supposed to be judged based on the 'concept' of that particular round. Raginisri was pleading for another chance appuRam azhugai. Ranjini was better than Ragnini in her performance and she is comparatively a decent singer unlike Ragini. Srinivas asks Raagini "what happened to you today ? " As if she has been doing well all these days :evil:

PidikkuthO pidikkalaiyO - after Prasanna it was Rohith who did well in this round. Arvind was reasonably good. Ranjini can be forgiven given the choice of the song. And pitching, voice problem ethuvum irukkala. I thought they would eliminate Ragini and Vijay but the least scorers were Aruna, Ranjini and Raagini and Raagini being the lowest most. Then Aruna was cleared and they announced Ranjini and Raagini as eliminated contestants. AppuRam all those drama and they both were given another chance. Srini drama paNNathu nallAvE therinjuthu :x

PS: Contestants seem to be having a good relationship with each other. oruthara oruthar pArAttuRathu, cheer paNNuRathu, eliminate aana nejemAvE varunthurathu - nice to see such unity and sportive attitude.

Arthi
19th November 2008, 10:24 PM

Idhenna periya vishayam - live update'E koduthirukkOm :oops: nEthu episode waste - chatting with you was more interesting than the show so I did not pay much attention :P :)

oh Live update late aanathuku naan dhan kaaranamaa...(just kidding.... don't mind :D )

ippadhan purinjudhu...enniki en our hai kooda illanu.. idhu pEr dhan Great escape-a :oops: :rotfl:

Roshan
19th November 2008, 10:26 PM

oh Live update late aanathuku naan dhan kaaranamaa...(just kidding.... don't mind :D )

ippadhan purinjudhu...enniki en our hai kooda illanu.. idhu pEr dhan Great escape-a :oops: :rotfl:

:P unga status 'idle'-la irunthuthu romba nEramA - adhaan hi sollala :)

Nerd
19th November 2008, 10:50 PM
Roshan,
So nobody was eliminated today? If that is the case then there should not have been eliminations in the dedication round as well. How can they concentrate on singing when they have something else on their minds? Actually I read in other forums that sreenivas-kku raaginisri mEla oru kannu, the finalists have been decided already etc (official ASS forum in indya.com). AthellAm uNmai dhAn pOla :oops: But too much raaginisri-bashing everywhere in the Internet world. Anyway ammani azhudhAlum azhagA azhuvaanga so I can't wait to watch :P

I liked Ajeesh and Prasanna this round out of the nine I have seen..

Roshan
19th November 2008, 10:57 PM
Roshan,
So nobody was eliminated today? If that is the case then there should not have been eliminations in the dedication round as well. How can they concentrate on singing when they have something else on their minds?

Yeah .. appadi pArthA ovvoru round'kum yEthAvathu reason solli eliminate paNNaama irukkalAm. Innaikku nadanthathu - favouritism thavira vERillai.

Actually I read in other forums that sreenivas-kku raaginisri mEla oru kannu, the finalists have been decided already etc (official ASS forum in indya.com). AthellAm uNmai dhAn pOla :oops:

The links you gave me the other day had too much of Raagini bashing and it was pretty disgusting. But Srini raaginiya favour paNrathu is very obvious. Next round - no Srini. Unni, Sujatha and Maalgudi Suba :x Kozhantha ennamA pAduthunnu MS will include Raagini for sure :x

I liked Ajeesh and Prasanna this round out of the nine I have seen..

Rohith was good today. But ungaLukkuthAn Rohitha pidikkAthE :P

complicateur
19th November 2008, 11:04 PM
Anyway ammani azhudhAlum azhagA azhuvaanga so I can't wait to watch :P
:lol2: orE kusumbu ayya umakku! Ragini and Vijai were not eliminated? :o

Nerd
20th November 2008, 08:56 AM
Today's episode - :puke: There probably is not going to be anything to say about Raginisri's singing. So I shut up by just saying she should watch her weight. Sentiment ravundu evvaLavO thEvala :banghead: :banghead: Some of the comments that I took from other forums :rotfl:

what a drama by ragini??? lol. Im not able to control my laughter seeing her acting so much after she was given a second chance. Is she a baby??? I think she wants someone to pamper her and sing a lullaby. Self sympathy. Ragini shld be eliminated. As everyone says she sucks a lot. Very bad singing. I dont know abt singing, but i myself cud feel some difference (worst) in her singing (like her cracks). Why cant such talented judges see it and do something soon

------

Instead of keeping a board for Aruna as Jollu jakkamma they must have kept a board for Raginishri as Nadippu Naagamma and for srini as Jollu Jakkaiah

---

hahaha... nice game again....

nan adikkira maathiri adippen... nee azhuvara maathiri azhuvu...

Nerd
20th November 2008, 09:05 AM
Rohit was good. That song is one of my favorites. Underrated masterpiece (nenjE thuLLippO from University). He was good with vathikkuchi as well. But I have problems with his voice :?

crajkumar_be
20th November 2008, 09:09 AM
. But I have problems with his voice :?
And his baadi longuaze
I will never
(a) forgive him for sodomizing "Senorita"
(b) forgive the judges for rating him over his competitor in that round

Nerd
20th November 2008, 09:14 AM
. But I have problems with his voice :?
And his baadi longuaze

Yeh konjam "adhu" maadhiri actions kudukkuraaru. Idhula enna comedy-nA, there were a bunch of guys from his college cheering for him. After the song was over, the mic was handed over to them and one of them was like, "avaru pAthAlE college-la ponnungaLLAm vizhunthurum" :rotfl: The involving-the-audience thingi is getting on my nerves. JN1-layE poRukka mudiyAdhu. Oru prOkrAmum pAkka mudila, orE imsai. :cry:

Roshan
20th November 2008, 09:47 AM
nan adikkira maathiri adippen... nee azhuvara maathiri azhuvu...

:exactly: And it was so obvious that both Srini and Anu were pretending. Unni didn't get involved at all.

Nerd, I think the friends said "avaru pAduRatha pArthA college'la poNNunga vizhunthidum" . Rohith's body language'ku enna :roll: - I have not seen his senorita song but vathi kuchi and nenjE were all very well done in terms of body language. He involves himself a lot with the song unlike few singers who just sing for the sake of singing (like Aravind).

I think idhuvaraikkum eliminate aanavanga ellArumE are much better singers than Raagini.

selvakumar
20th November 2008, 10:50 AM
Today's episode - :puke: There probably is not going to be anything to say about Raginisri's singing. So I shut up by just saying she should watch her weight. Sentiment ravundu evvaLavO thEvala :banghead: :banghead: Some of the comments that I took from other forums :rotfl:

:lol: :shock:

directhit
21st November 2008, 08:27 PM
Chinmayi responds to CR :P

What it means

A lot of notes on why I sign off with Shabba Khair and Godspeed, given that most people might not know what it means.
Well my thought is if something sounds new, the first thing that 99% of the people do is to find out what it is. Or at least attempt.
I sign off saying Godspeed on my live show on radio. More or less a lot of people might be headed off to do a lot of important things at the time I sign off from the show, around 10.00 AM and a positive word would definitely put in a lot of good vibes. Of course that is my opinion. Saying a lot of good things, good words, promoting good thoughts is generally my modus operandi on the show. There is enough and more negativity that crowds us right from the time we open our morning paper or switch on the TV for latest news. Hardly find anything good sounding. There is so much focus on the negative and the wrong that the "good" gets drowned in this whole murk.
Coming back, Shabba Khair means Good night. In a different language. In the previous seasons, when I signed off saying Adios/Adieu/Ciao, there were hardly any comments eventhough, obviously a lot of people might not now. And Godspeed is Good fortune.
Thought they are nice words to hear at the end of the day, if of course, Airtel Super Singer 2008 is the last show they watch on TV before they switch it off.

http://chinmayisripada.blogspot.com/2008/11/what-it-means.html

directhit
21st November 2008, 08:29 PM
http://chinmayisripada.blogspot.com/2008/11/padmasini-again.html

Dear readers and commenters,

You should be aware of my post before the very beginning of Airtel Super Singer. If not please go through the same all over again.

Chinmayi is assigned the job of being an anchor and she is doing her job strictly as an anchor.

Anonymous, we are not publishing your letter but to you and the rest who are quoting I would like to clarify this much.

Ragini is NOT MY STUDENT. She was a student of Mr.Krishnamoorthy, father of Ms.Sangita Krishnamoorthy, performing and recognised as Sudha Raghunathan's student. Ragini was brought in by her mother when she was probably 11 or 12 years old; She took a few classes but she did'nt fit into the project I was experimenting and after that no contact. She has shifted many teachers after that and her last Guru was Mrs.Sulochana Pattabhiraman who passed away recently. Not only Ragini, there is not a single student of mine anywhere in the competition from the beginning.

Why and how the judges retain and eliminate candidates is NOT something Chinmayi can involve or comment upon. It is between the channel and the judges. She has to just stick to the anchoring script and guidelines. She can not be good or bad to anyone on the basis of their good singing or bad singing. She has to be uniformly caring, compassionate and encouragingly friendly with every single contestant. Your letter proves that she does it well.

Every single contestant has to go eventually except the final one super singer. That is the reality.

When this is the case why so much of criticism.... rather hatred shown towards Ragini? Competition is not the be all and end all of our lives. The growing animosity towards this girl is not necessary as one human being to another. It may affect her psycological well-being. The play back field is far away from all these feverishness. Destiny and sheer competence will decide who runs the rat race of an actual playback singer. So I suggest that lets take it easy :)

whts happening with raginisri and SS :roll: can anyone update :?

Nerd
21st November 2008, 09:58 PM
Paavam kozhantha, :cry: Yeh I check 2-3 forums on super singer and she is the target everywhere. She must have read at least some of those hostile comments. My heart goes out to her :P

Her voice has detoriorated from what it was in EPP. But plis dont cry raaginisri and sreeni, its OK you have all the rights to eliminate her!

Roshan
21st November 2008, 10:15 PM
Why and how the judges retain and eliminate candidates is NOT something Chinmayi can involve or comment upon. It is between the channel and the judges. She has to just stick to the anchoring script and guidelines. She can not be good or bad to anyone on the basis of their good singing or bad singing. She has to be uniformly caring, compassionate and encouragingly friendly with every single contestant. Your letter proves that she does it well.

IdhuthAn pirachinai. Why should the channel get involved in deciding whom to reject or retain. Shouldn't it be the business of the judges and judges ONLY? :roll:

Nerd
21st November 2008, 10:23 PM
TRP issues ellAm irukku. Raaginisri apparently is the most popular singer and eliminating her would mean that the viewership will be affected. Ravi is also very popular now, since he's got the talent he will (be made to) reach the finals. Raaginisri one or two more rounds max :?

Roshan
21st November 2008, 10:27 PM
TRP issues ellAm irukku. Raaginisri apparently is the most popular singer and eliminating her would mean that the viewership will be affected. Ravi is also very popular now, since he's got the talent he will (be made to) reach the finals. Raaginisri one or two more rounds max :?

Yeah she is the person who is getting the maximum number of abuses in the internet world. Athula popular'nu nenekiRen :evil: eppavO eliminate paNNi irukkanum :evil:

complicateur
21st November 2008, 10:35 PM
Paavam kozhantha :shock: :lol:
But it shouldnt be surprising that channels get involved. After all they have huge vested interests in the show. So ellAm athu pAttukku nadakka vidaNum. For apperances sake aLavOda surprise aayittu, just move on.

Roshan
21st November 2008, 10:39 PM
Paavam kozhantha :shock: :lol:
But it shouldnt be surprising that channels get involved. After all they have huge vested interests in the show. So ellAm athu pAttukku nadakka vidaNum. For apperances sake aLavOda surprise aayittu, just move on.

Complicateur (I never get the spelling correct at once when I type your id :x )

I am aware of all those TRP and other stuff. I was just expressing my displeasure and disappointment :(

Vivasaayi
21st November 2008, 11:13 PM

oru ponnu azhaga irukkume..andha ponna?

she attended sriram parthasarathis class for singing training ..right?camerava andha ponna vittu nakathave illaye

andha ponna final varaikum kondu poradhuthan trp ku nalladhu..inga neraya per super singer pakuradhukana reason andha ponnuthan!

okvana looks than..but pick of the lot.

she sang in ennodu paatu padungal - anyone remember? :roll:

crajkumar_be
22nd November 2008, 01:45 AM
Chinmayi responds to CR :P

What it means

A lot of notes on why I sign off with Shabba Khair and Godspeed, given that most people might not know what it means.
Well my thought is if something sounds new, the first thing that 99% of the people do is to find out what it is. Or at least attempt.
I sign off saying Godspeed on my live show on radio. More or less a lot of people might be headed off to do a lot of important things at the time I sign off from the show, around 10.00 AM and a positive word would definitely put in a lot of good vibes. Of course that is my opinion. Saying a lot of good things, good words, promoting good thoughts is generally my modus operandi on the show. There is enough and more negativity that crowds us right from the time we open our morning paper or switch on the TV for latest news. Hardly find anything good sounding. There is so much focus on the negative and the wrong that the "good" gets drowned in this whole murk.
Coming back, Shabba Khair means Good night. In a different language. In the previous seasons, when I signed off saying Adios/Adieu/Ciao, there were hardly any comments eventhough, obviously a lot of people might not now. And Godspeed is Good fortune.
Thought they are nice words to hear at the end of the day, if of course, Airtel Super Singer 2008 is the last show they watch on TV before they switch it off.

http://chinmayisripada.blogspot.com/2008/11/what-it-means.html
I wonder which sucks more - "shabba-khair" or the explanation!
<Heartening to know that enough people have felt the same and she knows about it>

complicateur
22nd November 2008, 02:09 AM
I wonder which sucks more - "shabba-khair" or the explanation!
<Heartening to know that enough people have felt the same and she knows about it> No contest, the explanation sucks more!

Nerd
22nd November 2008, 02:16 AM
oru ponnu azhaga irukkume..andha ponna?

she attended sriram parthasarathis class for singing training ..right?camerava andha ponna vittu nakathave illaye

:lol: Yeh.. same peesh. Actually all others are attu peeshes so this peesh stands out. Have to admit, she looked gorgeous in 2-3 episodse :oops:

Yes and she won it. Season three I think. There are videos in youteep.

Vivasaayi
22nd November 2008, 01:47 PM
nerd,

ok vana looksnu chumma sonnen - romba soopernu solli - "idha poyi soopernu soldriyenu" yaravadhu ketuta !

yes..she looked great in that green pavadai thavani

joe
22nd November 2008, 03:08 PM

Exam-kku padichittirukkatha nethu sonna maathiri irunthuchu ..inga intha aaraichi nadakkutha :lol:

crajkumar_be
22nd November 2008, 03:26 PM
ok vana looksnu chumma sonnen - romba soopernu solli - "idha poyi soopernu soldriyenu" yaravadhu ketuta !

Sanguine Sridhar
22nd November 2008, 04:03 PM
Nerd Maams,

Ragini has become a VJ for a private channel called Mega TV. Couple of weeks before I saw her interview in Kungumam or Kumudham. Slowly she is getting popular. No wonder, she might become a cine star one day [Neenga kooda hero aagalam].

This show is irritating, by the way! :roll:

Vivasaayi
22nd November 2008, 05:43 PM

Exam-kku padichittirukkatha nethu sonna maathiri irunthuchu ..inga intha aaraichi nadakkutha :lol:

thookam varama irukaradhuku indha maadhiri rendu post appappo 8-) :lol:

Vivasaayi
22nd November 2008, 05:45 PM
Yes and she won it. Season three I think. There are videos in youteep.

compltete tatapaase kaila vechurupeenga pola

Nerd
22nd November 2008, 11:40 PM
compltete tatapaase kaila vechurupeenga pola
appO idha enna sollveenga??

Ragini has become a VJ for a private channel called Mega TV. Couple of weeks before I saw her interview in Kungumam or Kumudham. Slowly she is getting popular. No wonder, she might become a cine star one day
Oru composite baarin key pOttu connect pannrApla :lol2:

joe
22nd November 2008, 11:57 PM
Oru composite baarin key pOttu connect pannrApla :lol2:

ajithfederer
23rd November 2008, 02:57 AM
http://hawkeyeview.blogspot.com/2008/11/airtel-super-singer.html#links

I confess that I didn't read anything from the above link but just posted for the benefit of our hubbers here.

great
23rd November 2008, 10:26 AM

SPB , Manobala and SPB sister were the judges for that particular show, guess she was the winner in that show.

Is she from Ethiraj collage :roll:

Vivasaayi
23rd November 2008, 01:44 PM

SPB , Manobala and SPB sister were the judges for that particular show, guess she was the winner in that show.

Is she from Ethiraj collage :roll:

:roll:

better ask SS

Nerd
23rd November 2008, 02:13 PM
Vaishnava, Sociology second year :ashamed:

directhit
23rd November 2008, 02:18 PM

Roshan
23rd November 2008, 03:40 PM

Vivasaayi
23rd November 2008, 06:23 PM
Vaishnava, Sociology second year

innum databasela ennenellam maintain pandrenga?...

great
23rd November 2008, 07:15 PM
Vaishnava, Sociology second year

innum databasela ennenellam maintain pandrenga?...

thanks , Nerd. Oru chinna conpeesan irunthuchu between MOP and Ethiraj :mrgreen:

Viv, she is a ajith fan :wink: . More to come later :!:

selvakumar
23rd November 2008, 07:28 PM
Yaaru ?

great
23rd November 2008, 07:38 PM
Yaaru ?

Ragini :)

selvakumar
23rd November 2008, 07:45 PM
Yaaru ?

oh :D Did she say that in the program ? if it is the case, our guys wouldn't have missed the video. :? eppadi miss aachu :?

great
23rd November 2008, 08:04 PM
She mentioned this during her previous show Ennodu paatu paadungal.

villan007
23rd November 2008, 08:26 PM
Yaaru ?

:clap:

any video links of ammini ? 8-)

Nerd
24th November 2008, 08:57 AM
http://hawkeyeview.blogspot.com/2008/11/airtel-super-singer.html#links

Vijay Narayanan irritates me with his success. I don't like his voice. Period. His unbelievable 'thayir saadham'ness bugs me even more. Every time a judge is reviewing his case, his servitude is appalling. I almost feel someday he will fall in the ground and start licking the judge's boots.

:rotfl: :thumbsup:

ajithfederer
24th November 2008, 09:02 AM
Nerd, Avanga edhavadhu car vechirukaangala?? :lol2: :yessir:

Roshan
24th November 2008, 09:43 AM
Every body is landing in this thread :lol:

Now that Ragini is declared as Ajith fan - I am sure Selva will somehow try to follow the program at least through youtube :P

selvakumar
24th November 2008, 10:27 AM

Now that Ragini is declared as Ajith fan - I am sure Selva will somehow try to follow the program at least through youtube :P

aamaam..aamaam :D :lol:

மூன்றெழுத்தில் எங்கள் மூச்சிருக்கும்
அது முடிந்த பின்னாலே பேச்சிருக்கும்
கடமை அது கடமை

தல ரசிகை ராகினி க்கு ஜே ! :clap:

I think nerd gave some video links. I didn't see them fully. Ini paarkanum pola..
Can someone give the exact link ? I mean the one in which she speaks about Ajith

ajithfederer
24th November 2008, 11:42 AM
Unga kadamai unarchi irukke :twisted: :lol:

aamaam..aamaam :D :lol:

மூன்றெழுத்தில் எங்கள் மூச்சிருக்கும்
அது முடிந்த பின்னாலே பேச்சிருக்கும்
கடமை அது கடமை

தல ரசிகை ராகினி க்கு ஜே ! :clap:

I think nerd gave some video links. I didn't see them fully. Ini paarkanum pola..
Can someone give the exact link ? I mean the one in which she speaks about Ajith

Roshan
24th November 2008, 11:06 PM
Tonight's show was not bad at all. Kuthu round - hosted by Yugendran and Maalini instead of Chin. Koncham nalllAvE paNNaanga.

Ranjini - manmadha raasa - good, nothing to complain

Ajish - AnnathE aaduRaar - good singing in terms of pitching but I felt it was kind of soft singing which did not appeal much.

Rohit - a song from Thamirabarani - he is continuing with his good form .

Deepshika - I was kind of :o when I saw her performing - sirichu sirichu vanthA . Deepshikava idhunnu aacharyapada vekkiRa maathiri irunthuthu performance - with a her good voice, un expected throw, dance and stuff. Out of all 4, judges ranked her the best tonight and cleared the other 3 from danger zone, as they had no major complaints about their performances.

Srini illAthathu koncham aaRuthalaa irunthuchu - but Maalgudi Subha as expected - ellAthukkum, nallA irukku'nu sollittE irunthaanga. Nothing useful from her in terms of feedback. I want to see as to how she is going to face Prasanna and Arvind - the guys who got eliminated by her earlier.

sudha india
25th November 2008, 06:24 AM
Hi Roshan
Dedicated viewer of Airtel Supersinger !!!! Nice review.

Hope you are still in touch with the juniors.
I have not met them still :(

Nerd
25th November 2008, 09:57 PM

:o Roshan knows those kids personally?

Haven't seen yesterday's episode and am glad to know it was good. Raaginisri's is today/tomorrow?? Maalghudiji was seen lifting her in the promo :shock:

Vivasaayi
25th November 2008, 10:00 PM

Haven't seen yesterday's episode and am glad to know it was good. Raaginisri's is today/tomorrow?? Maalghudiji was seen lifting her in the promo :shock:

raginisri has sung.

"vechuka vechukava idupula"

Nerd
25th November 2008, 10:04 PM
adra adra.. Neengalum fans- a :P

Vivasaayi
25th November 2008, 10:06 PM
adra adra.. Neengalum fans- a :P

litaaaaaaaaaa

Roshan
25th November 2008, 10:22 PM
Innaikku episode'um nallA irunthuchu :) Really compensating the worst ever entertainment round last week.

Ravi - machaan pEru madhur - not bad but as Unni pointed out it was kind of forced singing and the style did not come naturally (ivar koncham overrated'nu nenekiREn). He is not verstatile at all.

Prasanna - pothuvAga enmanasu thangam :clap: As usual rocked and got appreciated by every one. Suba mattum koncham thiNaRinAnga and it was obvious ( avanga eliminate paNNa contestant aachE :evil: )

Aruna - aasa dOsa appaLam vada - good singing but I dont like her kara kara voice.

Raaginisri - good come back with vechukka vechukkavA iduppula . As I have mentioned earlier her voice and style are only suitable for such songs. Suba and Ranjini lifted her and I thought it was as a mark of appreciation. But Subha said "this is because she wanted to keep her in iduppu :lol:

Vijay Narayanan - aaL thOtta boopathy - not up to the mark compared to others. He was asked to sing "yaathum aagi ninRaai kaaLi" - one which was taught by Sriram Parthasarathy - and he did sing it beautifully.

Saw the ad for tomorrow's episode. Vijay and Aishwarya are picked for elimination. But after last week's drama - "ennatha elimination" enguRa mAthiri oru feelthAn varuthu.

Nerd, yes I know Vignesh and Sai and their families personally and I am more in touch with Vignesh and family. Thanks to Sudha for connecting me with them but paavam avangathAn innum juniors'a meet paNNala.

Sudha, try to make it somehow when you go to Chennai next time.

Roshan
25th November 2008, 10:25 PM
Raaginisri'a vechu ekkachakkamA comedy paNRaanga show'la. And she also behaves in a such a way.

villan007
25th November 2008, 10:27 PM

raginisri has sung.

"vechuka vechukava idupula"

nalla thaan paadrapla 8-)

Nerd
25th November 2008, 10:35 PM
:lol2:

Thanks for the update Roshan. I always wanted prasanna to sing a MV song. Thalaivar song vERa :smokesmirk:

Roshan
26th November 2008, 08:33 AM
:lol2:

Thanks for the update Roshan. I always wanted prasanna to sing a MV song. Thalaivar song vERa :smokesmirk:

He also said that he wanted to sing this song so badly. Chance kedekkum'nu aavalOda kAthuttu irunthathA sonnAr. Yugi said it is not that easy to adapt his dad's style but Prasanna could do it perfectluy.

complicateur
26th November 2008, 09:17 AM
Caught up with yesterday's show.
Ranjini - She was the only one who sang a duet and had the appropriate breath control issues. Surprised none of the judges brought this up.
Ajeesh - A constant stifling of the voice as the octave increases.
Deepshikha- Surprisingly stable performance. En P.Susheela-va ippadi patta sarakku adichcha maathiri paada vekkuraangaLE-nnu oru chinna varuththam.
Rohit - Surprised the song he sang isnt popular. Kattabomman Oorenakku was a jogging staple on the Ipod for me. I thought he did a decent job once he settled down.

Now on to today's show.

Roshan
26th November 2008, 09:25 AM
Caught up with yesterday's show.
Ranjini - She was the only one who sang a duet and had the appropriate breath control issues. Surprised none of the judges brought this up.
Ajeesh - A constant stifling of the voice as the octave increases.
Deepshikha- Surprisingly stable performance. En P.Susheela-va ippadi patta sarakku adichcha maathiri paada vekkuraangaLE-nnu oru chinna varuththam.Rohit - Surprised the song he sang isnt popular. Kattabomman Oorenakku was a jogging staple on the Ipod for me. I thought he did a decent job once he settled down.

Now on to today's show.

:) But sarakku adicha mAthiri paadinaalum- it was effortless singing. This girl is really talented and I am sure she would go places.

Nerd
26th November 2008, 09:45 AM
Just finished watching today's show:
-Unni should be eliminated for massaccaring appadi pOdu and inventing a nauseating term - gummu
-Ravi was far from his best. But he did sing nee kattum sElai very well in one of the earlier rounds, so he can handle folk genre.
-Prasanna was good but I felt the energy was missing when compared with the original.
-Bye bye vijay
-Aruna always has cold/sore throat :roll:
- And how could I forget, Raaginisri she was terrific today (the looks) and she did sing well. But iduppula vechikkiRadhellAm over-u => Obvious they did for TRP/Ads.

Vivasaayi
26th November 2008, 09:46 AM
-Unni should be eliminated for massaccaring appadi pOdu and inventing a nauseating term - gummu
-Ravi was far from his best. But he did sing nee kattum sElai very well in one of the earlier rounds, so he can handle folk genre.
-Prasanna was good but I felt the energy was missing when compared with the original.
-Bye bye vijay
-Aruna always has cold/sore throat :roll:
- And how could I forget, Raaginisri she was terrific today (the looks) and she did sing well. But iduppula vechikkiRadhellAm over-u => Obvious they did for TRP/Ads.

ejatly!

complicateur
26th November 2008, 09:49 AM
Roshan: "Adadaa Rummu vanthA rAgam varum thanthA"-nu periyavanga summAvA sonnAnga. Its not like I mind just that you can still see that showmanship isn't a natural thing for her.
OTOH Prasanna - kalakkitAppula. I really enjoyed his performance and didnt care at all that he sounded like MV.
Ravi was patchy in the charaNams and AruNa was good in parts actually. Prasanna's is my fav. performance by a distance so far.

Roshan
26th November 2008, 11:28 AM
Roshan: "Adadaa Rummu vanthA rAgam varum thanthA"-nu periyavanga summAvA sonnAnga. Its not like I mind just that you can still see that showmanship isn't a natural thing for her.

Agreed but SJ maathiri uthatta mattum asechu feel kodukkuRatha romba nallavE paNNuthu intha poNNu. Really talented but innum koncham effort eduthukkanum.

OTOH Prasanna - kalakkitAppula. I really enjoyed his performance and didnt care at all that he sounded like MV.
Ravi was patchy in the charaNams and AruNa was good in parts actually. Prasanna's is my fav. performance by a distance so far.

Prasanna is the best - and last night it was again great performance. Flawless singing despite all those acting he does on stage. Presence of mind is far greater than any body.

Ravi basically spoiled the Charanam - few words sariyAvE kEkkala. There is a slight difference between a 'kuthu' song and 'folk' song I guess. Folk'la romba softaana songs'um irukku.

As Nerd said, Aruna always has throat problems and it is pretty irritating to see all contestants without exception saying 'enakku fever irunthuchu, thondai katti irukku' when they are called for elimination.

Unni singing 'appadi pOdu' :lol: But I liked his innocece. I remember in a previous episode Unni accepting that he can never sing such fast numbers'. Kuthu pAttunnA soft'A illAma koncam 'gum'nu' irukkanumnu sonnaar. Is 'gum' a bad word ? :roll:

aanaa
26th November 2008, 08:48 PM
check here

http://www.blog.isaitamil.net/2008/11/25_11_08-airtel-super-singer/

crajkumar_be
26th November 2008, 09:03 PM

Unni singing 'appadi pOdu' :lol: But I liked his innocece. I remember in a previous episode Unni accepting that he can never sing such fast numbers'. Kuthu pAttunnA soft'A illAma koncam 'gum'nu' irukkanumnu sonnaar. Is 'gum' a bad word ? :roll:
:shock:

Reminds me of a phrase coined by a friend of mine:
"thayir sadhathukku chilli beef thottukkara madhiri irukku" :(

Roshan
26th November 2008, 10:32 PM
I could watch only the last bit - elimination part - of tonight's show. Vijay is cleared and Aishwarya gets eliminated. I felt sad. I have never been a fan of her singing but ennavO koncham kashtama irunthuchu. She was really sweet. Fever irunthuchu .. thondai kattiduchu'nu excuse kodukkAma - nAnthAn thappu paNNittEn - Shrtuhiya koncham kootti pAdi irukkalAm - appadinnu sollichu. She was very sweet when she wished good luck to all her friends. 'naan paNNa mAthiri thappu paNNaama - ozhungA pArthu perform paNNunga ' And she gave her special wishes to Ravi and Renu for the finals. "Ravi annavum Renu akkAvum finals varai pOganum - adhuthaan ennOda aasa". She was very sweet. And all contestants were upset - specially Ravi and Renu.

Vijay also did not give any lame excuses for his performance. And he was cleared finally.

I still feel Aishwarya is a better singer than Raagini. Last weeks "no-elimination" drama is by all means a very unfair process :(

crajkumar_be
27th November 2008, 03:23 PM
I still feel Aishwarya is a better singer than Raagini. Last weeks "no-elimination" drama is by all means a very unfair process :(
I wish someone who gets eliminated says this directly on air to the judges

<Dig>
In 2007, Star Plus la Voice Of India program la indha mahdiri (pbably worse) koothu nadandhuchu.
The elimination was based on voting and the fublic voted out Abbas (Bhopal?) who was by far best singer in the fray. Judges panchayathu panni makkal theerppa overrule pannittaanga. They reinstated the fellow. Then after a few weeks the second best singer (IMO) in the fray, Irfan from Hyderabad, was voted out. his mother asked the judges why Irfan could not be brought back when Abbas was brought back a few weeks back. Appo judges sonnadhu, "This cannot always happen".
Vennainga prokram-a onnu judgement based-a vechirukkanum, illa voting based-a vechirukkanum, illa well defined weightages-oda renduthayum base panni vechirukkanum
</Dig>

Roshan
27th November 2008, 04:54 PM
I wish someone who gets eliminated says this directly on air to the judges

I was thinking the same last night when watching Aishwarya. I badly wanted Aishwarya or Vijay to mention that but I dont think they have the guts to do it. Prasanna maathiri oru aaL paNNuRathukku vaaippu uNdu. Appadi paNNaalum - channel'la kAmippAngaLaangrathu santhEgam.

crajkumar_be
27th November 2008, 05:41 PM
And all this "bonding" and dash-dashing (censored) is nauseating anyway (on the opposite side of the bitching spectrum)... A modern day legacy of the reality show competitions :banghead:

Roshan
1st December 2008, 10:16 PM
Looks like they have decided to push Raaginisri up to the finals and I wont be surprised even if Renu, Deepshika and Prasanna get eliminated instead of Raagini. it's nauseating and I think I will very soon give up watchin this show.

Medley round - except Vijay Narayanan others were just ok and Raaginisri being the worst. Voice crack, shruthi thARu mARa pisiRal, extremely clumsy singing - and yet they are ready to forgive her.

Yaaru adutha round'ku pORaangagrathu kadaisi cotestant pAdi mudikkumvaraikkum solla mudiyAthu. But to Raagini after such a horrible performance they say - koncham bayathOda paadureenga - but adutha round'la atha sari paNNikkunga. just shows it's all decided before hand. enakku idhu thEvaiyA :huh: I should seriously consider stop watching this kuppai program :evil:

Nerd
1st December 2008, 10:25 PM
:rotfl: Paavam raagini!

I saw the promo. Ravi/Renu were very good :?

sudha india
2nd December 2008, 09:37 AM
Prasanna was good
Renu rendered the songs very nicely but could have included some beaty songs.
Vijay did very well and his explanations were also good.
Raagini - Make up-la katra improvisation can also be in her singing.

Edhukku Ragini pattukku oru dance troupe ? Her start with senthamizh then mozhiyal was good. After that it was bad, jingala jinga was off track. But judges romba rasichanga ........ enna mayamo theriyala.

Seriousana oru competitiona mock panra programa aakka poranga. :cry2:

crajkumar_be
2nd December 2008, 12:22 PM
Missed Prasanna's performance. Vijay didn't annoy much, Renu was good and RaginiSri was 50-50 (dance troupe!!)...

Roshan
2nd December 2008, 01:19 PM
Prasanna was good
Renu rendered the songs very nicely but could have included some beaty songs.
Vijay did very well and his explanations were also good.
Raagini - Make up-la katra improvisation can also be in her singing.

Edhukku Ragini pattukku oru dance troupe ? Her start with senthamizh then mozhiyal was good. After that it was bad, jingala jinga was off track. But judges romba rasichanga ........ enna mayamo theriyala.

Seriousana oru competitiona mock panra programa aakka poranga. :cry2:

Prrasanna and Renu singing wise good. Prasanna chose 4 songs of YSR composed folks - adhula 3 pAttu nAn kEttathE illa. Even judges didnt know :lol: He said he has combined 4 songs but 'enna ivar orE pAttA paadittu irukkAr'nu' naan nenenchittu irukkumpOthE - he completed his performance. Enakkum ethuvumE puriyala. Then judges kept asking - enna pAttellAm join paNNeengannu koncham solla mudiyuma :lol: It all went un impressive.

Vijay - Singing and Song choice wise - nallA paNNaar

Renu - orE slow motion'la pOyittu irunthathu

Raagini - :evil: sillenRu pootha'nu starting ellAm amarkalamA irunthathu - but intha crack voice'a vechuttu eppadi antha 'aaaaaa' humming bit'a (at the end first stanza) paNNa pOguthunnu naan koncham :shaking: pAthuttu irunthEn. Thank God she did not even try attempting it - viewers'a romba bayamuRutha koodathunnu nenechirukupOla. And I wonder how judges keep quiet about the ommitted parts.

Then started the disaster - and with jingala jinga - it all got massaccared. But judges - adutha round'la improve paNNikungannu lEsa vittuduraanga. I remember in the prelim round sunitha saarathi telling Raagini - koncham confidence illAma paadureenga - adhayE ethuna round'ku sollittu irukka pOReenga :hammer: Madhumitha, Vipin, Barathirajah, Aishwarya - all were far better singers than this crack voice Raagini.

Ithaiyellaam ukkAnthu pAkkuRa enakku pOdanum :hammer:

Nerd
2nd December 2008, 08:03 PM
I liked prasanna the best yesterday. Only problem with him was he chose not-so-famous songs. Except the first song I have heard the rest. Renu was excellent with kAtRil varum but singing other songs at the same tempo was annoying. Vijay was as bad as Raaginisri yesterday. His karakara voice is a perfect match for raagini and he is also famous for voice cracks. Coming to the most important aspect, raagini's looks were OK. :P

P.S. Unni's comments after raagini's performance - puke. Sreenivas thEvalai!!!

crajkumar_be
2nd December 2008, 08:09 PM
Will be missing tonight's show.
In the ads, they showed Ravi singing Charukesi (Manmadha Leelayai/Aadal Kalaye/Udhaya Udhaya)....
I guess he will top this round...

complicateur
3rd December 2008, 06:08 AM
Just caught up with the past 2 days.

Prasanna - As usual good singing. But Senthil solrApla - oru "varietees" illAtha mAthiri irunthuthu. And it sounded like he was chaneling Pushpavanam Kuppuswamy the entire time.

Vijay - Actually in terms of medley this was the best combination of songs and much like Sreeni I enjoy his open throated voice. For some reason it sounds a little like Kailash Kher, whose voice I really like.

Aruna- Wouldn't be surprised if she gets left behind.

ReNu - Romantic songs-nu sollittu ethukku kAtril varum geethamE padinA? Otherwise the singing was as usual good.

Rohit - Killed the charaNam of Chinna mANi kuyilE. But vindicated himself with Thumbi vA to a certain extent (didn't sing the charaNams which are very difficult, but its OK).

Arvind - The finish from Devasabathalam stuck out like a sore thumb. MooNu raagam-nutu I dont think they said what they were (KalyANi, Hamsanadham and rEvathi I think). And I don't think he was as perfect as the judges suggested.

directhit
3rd December 2008, 08:32 AM
-Unni should be eliminated for massaccaring appadi pOdu :lol: it was so funny - pronounciation kooda sodhappal :twisted:

Roshan
3rd December 2008, 09:08 AM
Just caught up with the past 2 days.

Prasanna - As usual good singing. But Senthil solrApla - oru "varietees" illAtha mAthiri irunthuthu. And it sounded like he was chaneling Pushpavanam Kuppuswamy the entire time.

AdhE adhE !! I wanted to mention this but some how missed it in my post .

ReNu - Romantic songs-nu sollittu ethukku kAtril varum geethamE padinA? Otherwise the singing was as usual good.

Melody songs'nu sonnaangannu nenekirEn :roll:

Rohit - Killed the charaNam of Chinna mANi kuyilE. But vindicated himself with Thumbi vA to a certain extent (didn't sing the charaNams which are very difficult, but its OK).

Yes idhu enna pAttunnu naan koncham kozhampittEn - couldn't figure out at once when he was singing.

Arvind - The finish from Devasabathalam stuck out like a sore thumb. MooNu raagam-nutu I dont think they said what they were (KalyANi, Hamsanadham and rEvathi I think). And I don't think he was as perfect as the judges suggested.

I agree with the finishing part but overall I liked his singing. Only complain is he seems very careless about emoting and sustaining the ending parts. Sujatha adhu koncham 'erichalA' irukkunnu kooda sonnaanga but Raagini'ku ellA round'leyum , voice crack aaguRatha eppadi judges erichal illAma poruthukuraangannu enakku puriyala.

Roshan
3rd December 2008, 10:04 PM
Rohith, Aruna and Deepshika were chosen for elimination and Deepshika was shown the door :| Nothing surprising though.

Nerd
3rd December 2008, 10:17 PM
Deepshika was shown the door
:shock: :shock:

This is more shocking than persisting with raaginisri!

Nerd
4th December 2008, 08:38 AM
Reactions to Deepshika's elimination today in the internet is unbelievable. At least 20 people have pledged not to watch the show again. Deepshika was not all that great today but she should have been selected for her adi aathaadi rendition. Her worst performance could easily better the bests of Raaginisri, Rohit, Santosh, Vijay etc. I am pretty sure Deepshika will become a playback singer. I shudder to think of ASS sending Raaginisri to Yuvan.

Roshan
4th December 2008, 11:34 AM
Reactions to Deepshika's elimination today in the internet is unbelievable. At least 20 people have pledged not to watch the show again. Deepshika was not all that great today but she should have been selected for her adi aathaadi rendition. Her worst performance could easily better the bests of Raaginisri, Rohit, Santosh, Vijay etc. I am pretty sure Deepshika will become a playback singer. I shudder to think of ASS sending Raaginisri to Yuvan.

A BIG kumbudu from my side for this rotten show. When Sujatha said 'pAkkalAm' - after Deepshika's performance - it was obvious that she was the next target. Srini'Oda acting rombavE pramAtham. Every time there were more than one contestant for elimination but oru naaLum illAtha thiru nALaa - enna tie breaker - maNNaangakatti. The explanation Srini gave for 'grasping skills' - ennatha cholla.

I picked this post from Indya.com..

கவுண்டமணி ஸ்டைலில் படிக்கவும்....

டேய் கோமுட்டி தலயா, உனக்கு என்ன சொன்னாங்க நீ என்ன பண்ணறே ... டேய் பாட்டு பாட சொல்லி ஆள செலக்ட் பண்ண சொன்னா, நீ என்னமோ தர ர ர ர ரா... டொரு டொரு ர .... அப்படீன்னு பாட சொல்லற... போடா பேரிக்கா தலையா....

:wave: to Airtel Stupid Singer Program :hammer:

directhit
4th December 2008, 11:53 AM
enna adutha varam program bayangarama irukkum pola :P

crajkumar_be
4th December 2008, 02:17 PM
Just went in when Ravi was singing Udhaya....
Deepshika elimination was :shock: though it was clear that she was the weak link in the "tie-breaker". Its like penalty shootout in football.

Usually these types of arajagam in results would happen only in audience voting but judges pattaya kelappuraanga pola irukku...

Roshan
4th December 2008, 04:13 PM
Just went in when Ravi was singing Udhaya....
Deepshika elimination was :shock: though it was clear that she was the weak link in the "tie-breaker". Its like penalty shootout in football.

Usually these types of arajagam in results would happen only in audience voting but judges pattaya kelappuraanga pola irukku...

"Tie breaker" ethukku enguRathuthAn kELvi. THough her mixing of songs were not done properly - her singing was good - better than Raaginisri, Santhosh, Ranjini and Aruna and to some extent Rohith. I am sure she wouldn't have expected them to nominate her for elimination. They put unnecessary pressure - then call three of them - athukkappuRam raaraarr rooo rooo'nu koncham act koduthuttu - you are eliminated'nu solRathu - whom are they trying to fool.

And Deepshika has been consistent and doing well. Her worst performance is easily better than Raaginisri's best performance. She was picked as one of the best in many rounds.

MDs kitta paadumpOthu - udanE grasp paNNalEnnA - avangaLukku kObam varumaam. adha ippO ivanga stage'la paNRaangaLaam - yaarukkitta kadha viduRaanga.

First day - yaaru strong yaaru weak'nu oru kELviyum kEkkala - due to obvious reasons. They picked the weakest contestants from the 2nd and 3rd days performance. Enna oru judgement. Ravi and Raagini are already picked for the finals. Idhula entha santhEgamum illa. Ravi title winner and Raagini runner up. Raagini title win paNNaalum aacharya paduRathukkilla.

crajkumar_be
4th December 2008, 04:15 PM
"Tie breaker" ethukku enguRathuthAn kELvi.

Its like penalty shootout in football.

That penalty shootout (or a tie-breaker) is a lottery is secondary. The primary question, as you said is why keep one in the first place

crajkumar_be
4th December 2008, 04:22 PM
One more problem i have with these contests is some instances of leniency or grace-days where some contestants are lined up for possible elimination for one or more of them but ultimately due to some arbit reasoning by the judges, nobody is eliminated. "innaikki no eliminations. aana next time repeat panna koodadhu". Those shortlisted for elimination had a bad day but still continued to live to sing another day. aana, Deepshika had one bad day (which itself may not be a correct assertion in the first place) and she is out. She had a raw deal while others who got lucky on a previous grace day got an unfair advantage. The same goes with this wild card concept.
Some people remain after a bad day while others need to go after one... The rules and terms have to be absolutely identical for everyone

Roshan
4th December 2008, 04:40 PM
One more problem i have with these contests is some instances of leniency or grace-days where some contestants are lined up for possible elimination for one or more of them but ultimately due to some arbit reasoning by the judges, nobody is eliminated. "innaikki no eliminations. aana next time repeat panna koodadhu". Those shortlisted for elimination had a bad day but still continued to live to sing another day. aana, Deepshika had one bad day (which itself may not be a correct assertion in the first place) and she is out. She had a raw deal while others who got lucky on a previous grace day got an unfair advantage. The same goes with this wild card concept.
Some people remain after a bad day while others need to go after one... The rules and terms have to be absolutely identical for everyone

IthellAm theriyAma paNRathilla - therinju thittampOttu paNRathu. So logical questions'ku anga idam illa. In cost accounting 'target costing'nu onnu irukku. You first decide the final price and then work backwards on the cost part. Antha mAthirithAn idhu. Judges, judgement, voting, idhellAm oru kaN thudaippu.

joe
4th December 2008, 06:29 PM
Innuma intha Airtel Super Singer-a jananga namputhu :)

Nerd
4th December 2008, 08:09 PM
Innuma intha Airtel Super Singer-a jananga namputhu :)
AalaiyillA oorukku iluppaipoo sakkarai!

sudha india
5th December 2008, 04:27 PM
Deepshika was already named playback material, ippo eliminated ??
Nice.

Maanada Mayilaada (MM2)- endru oru keli koothu Kalaignar TV la nadandhadhu. Adhilum Judges kaivannathil adatheriyaadha iruvarukku 5 lakhs prize announce pannanga. (on the cover of votes from viewers)

Ippo, adhe pola oru show Vijay TVla seirangala ?

Sure the judges will bring Ragini as super singer. Yuvan paavam.

Roshan
6th December 2008, 09:08 PM
Deepshika was already named playback material, ippo eliminated ??
Nice.

Maanada Mayilaada (MM2)- endru oru keli koothu Kalaignar TV la nadandhadhu. Adhilum Judges kaivannathil adatheriyaadha iruvarukku 5 lakhs prize announce pannanga. (on the cover of votes from viewers)

Ippo, adhe pola oru show Vijay TVla seirangala ?

Sure the judges will bring Ragini as super singer. Yuvan paavam.

TheriyAthanamA airtel next week ad pArthuttEn :evil: Rohith, Aruna, Arvind and Raagini are picked for elimination but Raagini looks very calm with a smile. Channel girl raagini would get some advice like "tension illAma adutha round'la nallA paadunga" :evil: Raagini eliminate aana intha show'a thodarthu pAkkuRathA irukkEn but chances for my not watching it all are very high.

Vivasaayi
6th December 2008, 09:46 PM
if aruna gets eliminated - tangson aayiduven.i like her voice.

Roshan
8th December 2008, 02:13 PM
Learnt from Indya.com that Ravi participated in Jeya TV's ennOdu pAttu pAdungaL show and lost the finals to Raaginisri :rotfl: :rotfl2:

Nerd
8th December 2008, 08:55 PM
She did not have the looks in EPP. Also her voice was much better than what it is now. Ravi participating in EPP is news to me. He participated in SS Music and won the competition there.

viraajan
9th December 2008, 10:12 PM
Today's show was amazing....

Excellent performance by each one of the participants... Ravi and santhosh being the pick of lot...

:bow:

No doubt - Ravi should be the Super Singer 2008, i guess :D

Ramakrishna
9th December 2008, 10:15 PM
Thendraley performance was too good. But i expected interludes from the original.

viraajan
9th December 2008, 10:19 PM
Thendraley performance was too good. But i expected interludes from the original.

Yep. Me too. Not only in this song. But, that piano man (michael?) did a fabulous job... Especially the way he motivates, peps up the singer... :bow:

Ramakrishna
9th December 2008, 10:24 PM
He is Stephen not michael.

crajkumar_be
9th December 2008, 10:27 PM
In today's show, the contestants sang 3 of what i consider Rahman's VERY best - "Thendrale thendrale", "Oh Vennila" and "Kannalane"
Ravi was the better of the lot

crajkumar_be
9th December 2008, 10:28 PM
And the piano work by Steve was great

Vivasaayi
9th December 2008, 10:30 PM
srinivas sang beautifully.

crajkumar_be
9th December 2008, 10:34 PM
Srinivas kandippa kaasu vaangittaple...

Vivasaayi
9th December 2008, 10:47 PM

yarta?

crajkumar_be
9th December 2008, 10:49 PM

yarta?
"vested interests" :razz:

Roshan
10th December 2008, 09:42 AM
In today's show, the contestants sang 3 of what i consider Rahman's VERY best - "Thendrale thendrale", "Oh Vennila" and "Kannalane"
Ravi was the better of the lot

Naanum pArthEn :ashamed:

ThenRalE was so good. I thought Santhosh's singing was a bit flat and the emoting part was not good. But I liked Ranjini's kaNNaaLanE. Unfortunately I could watch it only up to first charanam due to power cut :evil: Did any one else sing after Ranjini?

Anyway, naalu pErumE perusA kuRai solRa aLavukku pAdala - they were good.

Coming to Stephen Devasi - it was almost a one man show last night as he made the singing so good. I have not heard of Stephen Devasi before. When I was checking indya.com for the Monday night's update ( as I could not watch it) I came across some details about this guy and that mainly prompted me to watch the show last night.

EnnAmA vaasikkiRaar. Audience kai thattitE irunthaanga and I was watching the show all by myself but kept on clapping too. pullarikka vechuttAr . It was pure bliss watching him playing :notworthy:

And a what a tribute to the legend ARR :notworthy:

Every time Chinmayi took the mic to call upon a contestant - I was praying inside not to see Raagini on stage. RamyamAna oru soozhnilai kedukkapada koodaathunnu oru yEkkam.

I dont think I can watch the show tonight (again power cut) but I am eager to listen to Prasanna as he is the best in emoting and it is going to be a lovely experience watching Stephen-Prasanna duo. But Raagini thollaila irunthu thappuRathu - is equally great - so no worries.

I wish Prasanna picks kAdhalE en kaadhalE or at least Vijay attempts it.

Heard from my folks in SL that Rohith sang well the first day. Even in indya.com many have appreciated Rohith's singing. But he is picked for elimination. Romba naLaavE judges Rohit'a target paNNittu irukkaanga. To me he is better than Santhosh and Vijay. But antha niyAyam ellAm inga sellAthu. I can surely say that this time they would eliminate Rohith.

PS: It's simply annoying and irritating to watch Chinmayi's mimicry singing :x

And Srinivas's singing was lovely but Bala sonnathupOl kaasu vaangunathu nichayam :evil:

Roshan
10th December 2008, 11:38 AM
[tscii:cb1b31cf0d]Some info that I gathered about Stephen Devassy ..

Stephen lives, dreams and breathes music. Music is Stephen Devassy's love and profession. "I was never academically inclined. Since I was always into music, I thought, why not make a career of it," says this 24-year-old from Ottappalam, Palakkad who is gaining recognition in the music industry. He is now settled in Chennai. Stephen Devassy, whose passion is music, composes, sets tunes and arranges music. He scored the music for the 2004 Malayalam movie - `Hariharan Pillai Happy Aanu,' starring Mohanlal.

Stephen Devassy who plays the piano has done eight grades in music from the Trinity College of Music, London and was the best scorer in Asia whose record is yet to be bettered. He started learning the piano at age 10 and entered the world of music, under the guidance of Leslie Peter who was his first guru. He learnt the organ and then was introduced to the piano by Fr. Thomas at Chetana Music Academy in Thrissur where he completed his Eighth Grade examination conducted by the Trinity College of Music, London. "Fr. Thomas was a real slave driver, he also taught me the perfection and discipline needed for a pianist," says Stephen.

His first chance to play for Hariharan on his tour of Europe was a big experience, says Stephen. "My mind opened up. I began seeing good musicians and it made me learn my western classical music better. It was a fusion of ghazals and Western music. I went as an accompanying artiste to play the keyboard. As it was concentrating mainly on ghazals, all the other artistes were from Mumbai. I was the only South Indian. I still join him on his tours," he says. " Explaining his work on the keyboard, he says it is primarily about arranging several types of music. "This enriches and fills up the space in a song." With some hard work and luck, he got a programming keyboard. "Going with Hariji to the U.S., Canada, Paris, Germany, Belgium, Rome, South Africa, Middle East was a great experience. I thought of some solo performances -- contemporary yet inspired by classics," says this shy youngster. In his teens, instead of hanging out at hot spots, Stephen was busy working with Colonial Cousins and then, with the musical wizard, A.R.Rahman. The rest, as they say, is history. "It's all thanks to my family who gives me full support," says the music prodigy.

"Fusion is the trend in music today. Bringing together the Western and the Eastern style of music. Merging them to contrive a new style in music. I play the Indian musical style which appears to be Western," remarks Devassy. Yanni, the Greek musician and Michael W. Smith inspire Stephen, who loves Mozart’s Symphony, in musical compositions.

He is one of the regular band members in a band called Rex Band, a Christian contemporary band singing gospel fusion and pretty soon, he says, " I got the opportunity to sing before Pope John Paul II. It was at an event bands from all over the world were present and we were the only one from India. It was a very thrilling experience." Stephen, who is the pianist of Rex Band, has orchestrated an instrumental version of the popular Rex Band melodies called ‘Different Vibes’.

In association with Kosmic Music, Stephen has also set to tune to a background of western music, Sanskrit slokas, mantras and verses from the Upanishads, called `Sacred Chants of Kosmic Music,' and albums of holy chants on Ganesha, Shiva and Vishnu.

He has also accompanied violin maestro L. Subramanian at the Lakshminarayana Global Music Festival. "It was a fusion with the London Symphony Orchestra. I was given an opportunity to arrange three of the songs sung by Kavitha Krishnamoorthy for the concert for the London Symphony. It was a great exposure," he says.
[/tscii:cb1b31cf0d]

crajkumar_be
10th December 2008, 11:45 AM
Thanks Roshan, for the info :)

and what was striking about his performance yesterday was the extent to which he knew the notes for all the songs that were performed (was it one of the reasons for the songs selected?) and the way he imporvised in a couple of ludes leading up to the charanam