PDA

View Full Version : Hogenakkal water project issue

Pages : 1 [2]

selvakumar
7th April 2008, 02:28 PM
I don't think this is possible by BJP. The same BJP who approved the Sethu project now opposes it. So what is the guarantee that they will stand by their words?
Yes. And if they start linking the rivers, there will have to cross several temples in the process. I don't think they will STAND by their WORDS. :P
They are more or less like congress now. After all, They went to the level of distributing Modi masks in the recent elections. :roll:

Both these 'national parties' (sounds odd now :) ) are cheating the people. Apparently, it was karnataka BJP that started all these things.

selvakumar
7th April 2008, 02:34 PM
Any Inter-state or Country related Case in Supreme Court will go thru multiple versions of Appeal to counter appeals.
Dilbert brother,
Joe was referring to your accusations on the TN govt for not implementing the supreme court verdict in the mullai periyar issue. As you said, the below line will fit well

LIES or FALSE " After 10 years" Some people who are ignorant of whole situation will propogate like this
It was not the TN govt. But the kerala govt that refused to implement the supreme court verdict. Supreme court is asking the kerala govt to allow TN govt to increase the height ofthe dam. They are consistently neglecting this. Please check you facts.

If I am not wrong, they even startedbuilding a dam for some TN river that enters their state without seeking TN's permission or the centre's permission :P

Any case in supreme cout will go through multiple versions. I agree. But till then, the concerned parties should abide by the last verdict unless they have got a stay :) Correct me if I am wrong. For e.g., as per the latest cauvery verdict, KN should give the mentioned TMCs to TN no matter whether they have further appealed or not :lol: :)

joe
7th April 2008, 02:40 PM
Selva ..Athu :thumbsup:

Dilbert
7th April 2008, 03:00 PM
Selva : I never said vote for BJP . I said vote for a National party , BJP had / have a Vision of Intergrating All Rivers. VajpaiyeeJi Had a Vision of Integrating everything from Kashmir to Kanyakumari. To Build A Truth Bharath !

I don't think this is possible by BJP. The same BJP who approved the Sethu project now opposes it. So what is the guarantee that they will stand by their words? India-vukku sani 1992 la pudichathu. Our people safely forget how the BJP made it to the big league how they divide people using the religion (the funny thing is they talk about building a true bharath) and incites violence to any level to get to the power. Namma makkal especially Gujarat :banghead: I don't think TN people will never ever go for a stand-alone BJP, our people are good in this aspect.

its amateurish claim.
It is sad some people who are so called "secular minded" talk like this very often. Minority politics has become the order of the day.. They have forgotten the status of Majority in india its worst than anyone can imagine, India is not poor country but we are making it one by creating a undue unlevel field, Same Parties who opposed every single achievement of BJP is enjoy there fruits of hard work today.
//dig
Well Gujurat. problem is some people can jump and scream all they want .fact remains its No1 state for last 3 years and same so called religion biased govt is back in power WITH FULL MAJORITY. People of gujurat knows who was rite. We can discuss this in another forum not here. :)
//end dig//

Coming back to Sethu samudram or any other projects which were approved and now not agreed blah blah. My Friend a smiple thumb rule any regional party rules centre. They will digup any regional issue to national level to get politcial mileage.

Example During Tenture of "yemmea" Buffalo in kannada) Devagowda period as prime minister of India, not even 1 single case which was pending in any court against karnataka including Cauvery Tribunal reached a verdict.:)

so Any Govt in TN for them Water issue is like 911 in US. If they don't have any agenda or anything to chew on someone's back they bring up something of this sort projects and issues to public attention to seek diversion from real issues. Did anyone of you know how much TN is getting benefitted from centre's farmer's loan waiver scheme...May be / may be not ! but you guys will know how many acres of agricultural land is getting affected bcoz of water problem. Now thatz the TN or Region based politics for you in jist. Sathusamudram project was another politically motivated project by MK . He himself had mentioned in a wirtten that Adams bridge should be conserved has it has some religional importance.

I still say problems will get resolved only when you get to drink Brahmaputra water in Chennai :) It will be reality oneday. Not with only Cavery its my take. Population is increasing.. necessities are inscreasing.. Talking about a patchup solution keeping few years in mind is stupidity.

selvakumar
7th April 2008, 03:04 PM
Coming back to Sethu samudram or any other projects which were approved and now not agreed blah blah. My Friend a smiple thumb rule any regional party rules centre. They will digup any regional issue to national level to get politcial mileage.
And similarly the so called national parties will OPPOSE the project that they ONCE approved to get cheap political mileage.. !

selvakumar
7th April 2008, 03:05 PM
Joe,
Thanks a ton for VATTAL NAGRAJ interview. :rotfl2: chance ae illa. Ippadi sirikka vaikkiraar :yes:

Inimael annan oda interview vantha paperla miss pannama padikkanum. Semaya irukkappa.

Ultimate line was 'MK va naadu kadathanum' :rotfl2:

sarna_blr
7th April 2008, 03:07 PM
Joe,
Thanks a ton for VATTAL NAGRAJ interview. :rotfl2: chance ae illa. Ippadi sirikka vaikkiraar :yes:

Inimael annan oda interview vantha paperla miss pannama padikkanum. Semaya irukkappa.

Ultimate line was 'MK va naadu kadathanum' :rotfl2:

enakku link... :)

selvakumar
7th April 2008, 03:10 PM
:roll: It is in the previous page. :) in tamil

sarna_blr
7th April 2008, 03:11 PM
i am not able to read... only question marks are there...can any one tell me the font or provide me the link... :roll:

selvakumar
7th April 2008, 03:13 PM
i am not able to read... only question marks are there...can any one tell me the font or provide me the link... :roll:
http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=57
Read the above thread and follow the instructions :) Use IE to read the thamiz fonts. Mozilla doesn't display them properly

selvakumar
7th April 2008, 03:24 PM
I still say problems will get resolved only when you get to drink Brahmaputra water in Chennai Smile It will be reality oneday. Not with only Cavery its my take. Population is increasing.. necessities are inscreasing.. Talking about a patchup solution keeping few years in mind is stupidity.
Even the earth's landscape will change (that occurs for once in millions of years).. But this won't happen and I am damn sure. Every national party will SPEAK about nationalisation of rivers. But they won't START it actually when they are ruling :)

Sethu project is a politically motivated project by MK :shock: It is there right from karmaveeran period

sarna_blr
7th April 2008, 03:30 PM
Selva... i tried ...but no use... :oops:

kannannn
7th April 2008, 03:32 PM
[tscii:c91de8b4af]
எது உங்கள் இடம் என்கிறீர்கள்? ஒகேனக்கல் பகுதி, தமிழக எல்லைக்குள்தானே வருகிறது?

‘‘அதெப்படிச் சொல்வீர்கள்? தமிழகத்தில் உள்ள தலைவர்கள்தான் அப்படிச் சொல்லிக் கொண்டிருக்கிறார்கள். நிஜம் என்ன தெரியுமா? கிருஷ்ணகிரி, தர்மபுரி, சேலம், ஈரோடு, திருப்பூர் மற்றும் உதகமண்டலம் எல்லாமே கர்நாடக மாநிலத்துக்குச் சொந்தமானதுதான். எல்லாவற்றையும் தமிழர்கள் பிடித்து வைத்துக் கொண்டிருக்கிறார்கள். அப்படியிருக்கும் போது, கர்நாடகத்திடம் கருத்துக் கேட்காமல் கைவைப்பது எவ்வளவு பெரிய தப்பு என்று தமிழ்நாட்டுக்காரர்களுக்குத் தெரிய வேண்டாமா? அதற்காகத்தான் இத்தனை எதிர்ப்பைக் காட்டுகிறோம்.’’
ஏன் அதோட நிறுத்திட்டார்? அப்படியே ராமனாதபுரம் வரைக்கும் ரோடு போட்டிருக்கலாமே..

[/tscii:c91de8b4af]

sarna_blr
7th April 2008, 03:35 PM
[tscii:907f00faee]
எது உங்கள் இடம் என்கிறீர்கள்? ஒகேனக்கல் பகுதி, தமிழக எல்லைக்குள்தானே வருகிறது?

‘‘அதெப்படிச் சொல்வீர்கள்? தமிழகத்தில் உள்ள தலைவர்கள்தான் அப்படிச் சொல்லிக் கொண்டிருக்கிறார்கள். நிஜம் என்ன தெரியுமா? கிருஷ்ணகிரி, தர்மபுரி, சேலம், ஈரோடு, திருப்பூர் மற்றும் உதகமண்டலம் எல்லாமே கர்நாடக மாநிலத்துக்குச் சொந்தமானதுதான். எல்லாவற்றையும் தமிழர்கள் பிடித்து வைத்துக் கொண்டிருக்கிறார்கள். அப்படியிருக்கும் போது, கர்நாடகத்திடம் கருத்துக் கேட்காமல் கைவைப்பது எவ்வளவு பெரிய தப்பு என்று தமிழ்நாட்டுக்காரர்களுக்குத் தெரிய வேண்டாமா? அதற்காகத்தான் இத்தனை எதிர்ப்பைக் காட்டுகிறோம்.’’

[/tscii:907f00faee]

vittaa... ----------- ... kanyakumaari to Kashmir avangalOdadhu'nu solvaaru... :lol2: :rotfl2:

selvakumar
7th April 2008, 03:39 PM
:notthatway:
Atha vachi enna pannuvaar. Oru MADRAS, COIMBATORE, MADURAI, Thanjavur, trichy etc thaan ketpaar.

Sarna,
Just post in the same thread on your problem and check it periodically. ADMINmight help you

Dilbert
7th April 2008, 03:40 PM
And similarly the so called national parties will OPPOSE the project that they ONCE approved to get cheap political mileage.. !

Of course Selva you held govt ransom to get your projects approved. And later you moved to the opposite camp to be as part of rule govt no matter what. Do you think you can still have friends on bothside of the fence?

Mulai periyar I might be wrong. But off the head since you guys are really jumping to lotz of conclusion.

Between 1976 or 78 not sure.. This issue first cropped up. When strength of the dam was shown as the concern by Kerala and TN lost the Case in the court and they were forced to reduce the water storage in the dam from 152 to 136ft.

There was another subseqent case Filed by TN govt to the court which was challenging the judgement stating that bcoz of the judgement water is getting in to ocean without seriving the irrigation purpose lakhs or acres of land is suffering in other words wasted. Even this was dissmissed. With the directive to strength the dam for the safety of the region.

After 25years of struggling TN Govt appealed again. stating the same irrigation as the issue. This time around. They had supported the claim that they had completed strengthing of the dam its ready to take 152ft. Supreme court passed an interim ORDER to set up a tribunal to check and confirm the status of claim.

Report was in favour of TN. But with the ground assesement Team recommended 152ft is not a fesabile only 142ft can be allowed this become the verdict.

for Which Kerala filled 2 PIL to challenge this verdict. I have no clue about this PIL status.

I am trying to get you guys some concerte links . Unfortunately we didn't have blogs or forums than..

My Whole argument was even TN Challenged Supreme court verdicts at difficult times.. Now Joe, Selva or others if you think I am hurting your sentiments or feelings. I am sorry thatz never my intention. :(

joe
7th April 2008, 03:41 PM
Sethu project is a politically motivated project by MK :shock: It is there right from karmaveeran period

AvvaLavu thooram yen poganum ..Even before the TN election kalainjar ,vaiko and JJ ( :lol: ) fought for who is more responsible or fight the most for the implementation of Sethu samuthira thittam.

sarna_blr
7th April 2008, 03:44 PM

AvvaLavu thooram yen poganum ..Even before the TN election kalainjar ,vaiko and JJ ( :lol: ) fought for who is more responsible or fight the most for the implementation of Sethu samuthira thittam.

Joe annaa... singapore makkal ellaam romba nallavanga...

Dilbert
7th April 2008, 03:46 PM

But none was / is responsible enough to implement which is good for people. Still none of you answer my question of what happend to sea water - drink water project?

selvakumar
7th April 2008, 03:46 PM
Dilbert brother,
Thanks for the information. We are just discussing here and no hard feelings. :)

I don't have any knowledge on the cases related to Mullai-Periyaar issue that you are referring to. Even then, TN govt has not gone with increasing the dam's height. right ? So, it cannot be considered as something against the verdict.

Instead they have increased the strength of the dam. (A more constructive solution) After this, the central govt has inspected it and they 've allowed them to increase the height of the dam. What is wrong with TN govt in this ? :huh:

btw, Why should we keep friends to implement a project ? Parties might change in the centre. But if a project has been passed by a party, then do you think others should lick their --- to ensure that it gets implemented. Plus, I am not sure why the SAME party that approved it should oppose it now :) I won't call that as NATIONAL. That is opportunism to the level of what you give for MK :)

selvakumar
7th April 2008, 03:48 PM
Yes. Even now, many are fighting for the project. I would say : Everything was quite right before the release of the NASA picture. Athukkappuram :shock:

selvakumar
7th April 2008, 03:53 PM
But none was / is responsible enough to implement which is good for people. Still none of you answer my question of what happend to sea water - drink water project?
I believe work on the sethu project is still going on. :?
The last news I heard about the Sea water to drinking water project was : 'MK started the construction work'. I think the work might be in progress.

and what that has to do with this project ?
Will it hide the fact that HOGENAKKAL belongs to TN ?
Will it hide the fact that BJP is also playing cheap politics ? (atleast in KN)
Will it hide the fact that the same central BJP never commented on this issue?

Dilbert
7th April 2008, 03:57 PM
Dilbert brother,
Thanks for the information. We are just discussing here and no hard feelings. :)

I don't have any knowledge on the cases related to Mullai-Periyaar issue that you are referring to. Even then, TN govt has not gone with increasing the dam's height. right ? So, it cannot be considered as something against the verdict.

Instead they have increased the strength of the dam. (A more constructive solution) After this, the central govt has inspected it and they 've allowed them to increase the height of the dam. What is wrong with TN govt in this ? :huh:

btw, Why should we keep friends to implement a project ? Parties might change in the centre. But if a project has been passed by a party, then do you think others should lick their --- to ensure that it gets implemented. Plus, I am not sure why the SAME party that approved it should oppose it now :) I won't call that as NATIONAL. That is opportunism to the level of what you give for MK :)

Selva , MK is doing what you have stated.. right now as we speak. He put the hold on the project so that our kisna is in lime light during election time.

This is what karnataka politicans will be claiming in there election rally.. if we come to power no matter what we will not allow injustice to kannada people at anycost. who is the main guy responsible for this whole mess that too during election time! you know who.Someone wrote stating he did great job by choosing peace path . A seasoned politican of his stature, don't you think in a sensitive project like this, doesn't know when to time it ? If you guys still want to be ignorant. I have nothing else to say.. :oops:

kannannn
7th April 2008, 04:00 PM
Atha vachi enna pannuvaar. Oru MADRAS, COIMBATORE, MADURAI, Thanjavur, trichy etc thaan ketpaar.
:rotfl: :rotfl:

Dilbert
7th April 2008, 04:10 PM
I believe work on the sethu project is still going on. :?

lol Comedy kemedy pannelai.. ! lol :shock:

The last news I heard about the Sea water to drinking water project was : 'MK started the construction work'. I think the work might be in progress. :oops:

JJ was person who called the dubai based / Abu dhabhi based company to conduct a feasiblity study some 8-9 years ago.. after that nothing happened. There was another suggestion came out that this can be owned and operated by a state owned corporation executed on PPI basis even this was not initiated for some reason not sure. No construction no nothing :(

and what that has to do with this project ?
Will it hide the fact that HOGENAKKAL belongs to TN ?
Will it hide the fact that BJP is also playing cheap politics ? (atleast in KN)
Will it hide the fact that the same central BJP never commented on this issue?

Centre BJP will never comment on person who betrayed them for power comeon bro. Its a political party not some Charity organisation. :oops: Politics means Power.If tomorrow BJP returns to Centre. Do you think MK will still have similar say on project approvals.. Hell No..... see you guys lill later.

selvakumar
7th April 2008, 04:16 PM
Selva , MK is doing what you have stated.. right now as we speak. He put the hold on the project so that our kisna is in lime light during election time.

This is what karnataka politicans will be claiming in there election rally.. if we come to power no matter what we will not allow injustice to kannada people at anycost. who is the main guy responsible for this whole mess that too during election time! you know who.Someone wrote stating he did great job by choosing peace path . A seasoned politican of his stature, don't you think in a sensitive project like this, doesn't know when to time it ? If you guys still want to be ignorant. I have nothing else to say.. :oops:

Dilbert brother :( ,
Let us go as per your logic. Who STARTED all these things ? do you think it is MK. No. It is karnataka BJP. why ?
They should win the elections since they have a bad name during their tenure. Remember how they fought for the power :rotfl2: They need some issue to project themselves as protectors of kannada people. For that, what they need

A issue from the past which was signed before 10 years :shock: :shock: what a SHORT TIME ? They digged it up and MK remained silent for more than a month if I am not wrong. Later on, TN people were reacting strongly on this issue. That is why,he reacted on the issue telling that he will implement it even if the guys break our bones.

if MK had done this for congress, then we can safely ASSUME that he had countered the CHEAP POLITICS OF BJP.

Dilbert
7th April 2008, 04:20 PM
Conspiracy behind TN's decision to stall project: Gowda
Bangalore, UNI:
JD(S) President H D Deve Gowda today termed as a 'conspiracy' the Tamil Nadu government's decision to put on hold the 'controversial' Hogenakkal project.

Talking to newspersons here, he alleged that '' the Tamil Nadu's decision to stall the project is a conspiracy hatched by the Congress against the people of Karnataka.'' ''The Congress has asked its key ally in the UPA government to temporarily halt the project only to save the government at the Centre and befool the people of Karnataka,'' he alleged.

He accused the Tamil Nadu government of 'unilaterally' deciding to complete the project at any cost, triggering reactions across the state. Mr Gowda demanded a joint survey of the controversial Hogenakkal falls area, which he claimed legitimately belonging to Karnataka.

''Karnataka's fate in connection to Hogenakkal issue is akin to Sarabjeet Singh, the innocent Indian, who is facing death penalty in Pakistan. His position is the same as Sarabjeet, whose death warrant is signed but hanging has been postponed till a democratically elected government in Islamabad takes a final decision,'' he said responding to Tamil Nadu government's decision to stall the project until a popular government takes charge in Karnataka.

He said ''friendly people of the state did not want to deprive the people of Tamil Nadu of their legitimate rights. All they are demanding is justice and equitable distribution of natural resources between two riparian states.'' Unfortunately, justice had been denied to the people of the state from a long time, before the independence and even after the independence, he said.

''People of Karnataka have been the victims of discrimination and step-motherly treatments at the hands of the Centre,'' he alleged. Mr Gowda said the 'struggle' to get the state's rights in terms of Cauvery dispute would have to continue but he appealed to the pro-Kannada organisations to remain peaceful. ''We should guard the amity between people of the two states. There is no need to burn buses or force stop screening of Tamil movies,'' he added.

Comedy continues....

selvakumar
7th April 2008, 04:21 PM
Centre BJP will never comment on person who betrayed them for power comeon bro. Its a political party not some Charity organisation. :oops: Politics means Power.If tomorrow BJP returns to Centre. Do you think MK will still have similar say on project approvals.. Hell No..... see you guys lill later.
Whatever it is. Both BJP and MK are playing politics. In this, why a project should come in and why should we speak from the politician angle :? :? :? I don't understand. If BJP can't act for people's interest and is concerned more on their ownproblems, why should we TRUST them for NATIONAL ISSUES

selvakumar
7th April 2008, 04:23 PM
shabba ! Gowda (senior) - Vattal nagraj oda GURU pola :roll:

Billgates
7th April 2008, 04:27 PM
This issue is fast becoming another Cauvery water mode :twisted:
A spineless TN govt , under the pretext of diplomacy has meekly surrendered . If election is the criteria , why the hell did TN inaugurate the project now ? Lacks logic

Selvakumar sir, The power issue in Karnataka was purely the comedy track of Deve Gowda , not BJP. Even his son KUmarasamy was frustrated at one point.

Why so much drama when afterall the project is assumed on the water that enters TN , not something which is Karnataka territory ! :roll:

Dilbert
7th April 2008, 04:27 PM
Sare Selva MK is like GOD for TN. THE GREATEST POLTIcian every lived in south India he is doing a wonderful job with project which was approved 10years hatched 1000 eggs.. now BJP is counting those eggs..:oops:

I lovefully call him " Mottaithali Karuppu kanadee." (I loved his comic cartoon figure from my childhood days) hopefully does something good for people other than free TV.. and other stupid freebies..I am fine with it.

seriously too much of politics for me :(

sarna_blr
7th April 2008, 04:32 PM
Sare Selva MK is like GOD for TN. THE GREATEST POLTIcian every lived in south India he is doing a wonderful job with project which was approved 10years hatched 1000 eggs.. now BJP is counting those eggs..:oops:

I lovefully call him " Mottaithali Karuppu kanadee." (I loved his comic cartoon figure from my childhood days) hopefully does something good for people other than free TV.. and other stupid freebies..I am fine with it.

seriously too much of politics for me :(

yaarubaaa andha MK... :confused2:

MADDY
7th April 2008, 07:15 PM
Whatever it is. Both BJP and MK are playing politics. In this, why a project should come in and why should we speak from the politician angle :? :? :? I don't understand. If BJP can't act for people's interest and is concerned more on their ownproblems, why should we TRUST them for NATIONAL ISSUES

the same way you and others trusted Congress and brought them to power in 2004 :lol: .......selva, if i start listing the atrocities of congress, then 2 Terabyte storage server-ae padhhaadhu.......i'm not saying, congress thappu pannaanga adhunaala BJP pannalaam, but i felt they were the better of the donkeys :D ......also, i'm for watever that is against congress....... :x

//dig//BJP is such a lovely party with ideologies of patriotism, Indian culture with heavy dash of capitalsim.........they are losing their way in all such petty issues :cry: //end dig//

joe
7th April 2008, 07:21 PM

I lovefully call him " Mottaithali Karuppu kanadee." (I loved his comic cartoon figure from my childhood days) hopefully does something good for people other than free TV.. and other stupid freebies..I am fine with it.:(

:lol: :lol: sari sari ..kalainjara thitta vera ethaavathu irunthaalum sollidunga aiyya ..kettukirom..kathukkirom. :)

sarna_blr
7th April 2008, 07:23 PM
:banghead:

selvakumar
7th April 2008, 07:26 PM
Maddy,
I am least bothered about the individual parties :D since I don't rate anyone of them higher than the other :D Congress is one party that I HATE to the core for their foreign policies. I hate BJP as much as congress when it comes to homeland security and few more things.

I feel that every party present their own share of positives and negatives when they form the government. I am just an ordinary human being who just reacts as per the sequence of events at that time and I never attach myself to a party :)

Here (atleast in this issue), I want a solution. Even if BJP presents me a solution, I have no problems. But heck.. this is our land and our rights and we are expecting someone to give it to us ! :(

sarna_blr
7th April 2008, 07:35 PM
Maddy,
I am least bothered about the individual parties :D since I don't rate anyone of them higher than the other :D Congress is one party that I HATE to the core for their foreign policies. I hate BJP as much as congress when it comes to homeland security and few more things.

I feel that every party present their own share of positives and negatives when they form the government. I am just an ordinary human being who just reacts as per the sequence of events at that time and I never attach myself to a party :)

Here (atleast in this issue), I want a solution. Even if BJP presents me a solution, I have no problems. But heck.. this is our land and our rights and we are expecting someone to give it to us ! :(

Our land....our rights'nu solra alavukku nalla mansu irukkumbOdhu...yEn someone'nu pirichchupEsureenga... :roll:
our people'nu solli paarunga...prachchanayE illa... 8-)

selvakumar
7th April 2008, 07:59 PM
Our land....our rights'nu solra alavukku nalla mansu irukkumbOdhu...yEn someone'nu pirichchupEsureenga... :roll:
our people'nu solli paarunga...prachchanayE illa... 8-)
:roll: 'Iru kai thattuna thaan osai'
naanga mattum 'our people' nnu solli aemanathathu pothumae 8-)

Dilbert
7th April 2008, 08:10 PM
when it comes to homeland security and few more things.

Selva :shock: R U serious bro?

Joe sir : I didn't understand your tamilish.. I assume you asked whatz the solution :lol:

its complicated. I really don't want to comment on that aspect some of you might feel that I am bit biased etc etc. If you ask me definetely fasting and protests are going to do no gud for the cause. Until you have Single Party Majority in the centre this kind of regional politics will continue. Just to give you an idea how deeply we are divided in politics. Soon after Vajpayeeji resumed office for the second time country was in deep Financial crisis Everyone knew that UPA cabinet didn't have any good Finance Minister. Vajpayeeji
gave an open offer to Mr. Manmohan singhji to head an independent body to govern county's finances, Congress considered this offer as humaliting its defeat! Never cared about coutry's interest.

Until we get a Single party majority at the centre, Regional difference will continue to grow, bcoz today its DMK part of centre so TN is kind of getting the projects if tomorrow its Non-NDA govt at Karnataka and Non-Cong at centre favours will flow to karnataka. To stop this there is only one way support National level parties. create level playing field for every state. Some of us have no clue whatz happening with states like assam.. Not a healthy way to manage a growing economy like ours.

selvakumar
7th April 2008, 08:12 PM
Selva Shocked R U serious bro?
Serious. Even JJ is better than BJP

selvakumar
7th April 2008, 08:13 PM
To stop this there is only one way support National level parties. create level playing field for every state.
:notthatway: If I opt this, only GUJARAT, UP will be benefited. Certainly, not TN :lol: And getting suppressed by various national parties at the centre, is not NEW to TN people or their parties :D

selvakumar
7th April 2008, 08:21 PM
Dilbert brother,
I think we are digressing a lot in this. You don't believe in MK. I hardly believe in parties. I don't agree with NATIONAL LEVEL theories.

For this issue, I am ready to support any party that can give justice to TN. It is as simple as that. I certainly don't want this to drag like cauvery.

'For the sake of Tamil people living in karnataka' >> This tag is used as a blackmail to soften the approach of the government. I want them to react strongly.

Otherwise, even for proving that erode, salem etc belong to us, we have to wait for supreme court :evil: Unfortunately, our govt is not ready to CUT the power supply that goes to KN everyday (I heard this one). If the other state is not even willing to allow our poor people to get safe water, I don't think why we should give them everything.

Few things might hurt. But there is no other way for that

selvakumar
7th April 2008, 08:23 PM
Today, I read in a newspaper that people in dharmapuri and krishnagiri face lot of health hazards due to fluoride affected underground water. :(
Kudikka kooda thanni thara mattenguraangappa ! Ithukku kooda court thevai pola :sigh2:

MADDY
7th April 2008, 09:20 PM
Few things might hurt. But there is no other way for that

exactly, its Tamilnadu politicians who should take up the cause of tamils...........even after having 40MPs in centre, if we cannot push through things, then what can we say selva?

whom are you blaming selva? do u think all kannadigas are against giving water to tamilnadu?? why are you creating the image that all of KN is bad and tamils are sacrificers?? and whole India is intimidating TN?

its very simple, if tamil politicians are serious enuf and have political will, they will solve these issues.......no point in blaming India, all kannadigas in the world, BJP, congress and wat not,.....

MADDY
7th April 2008, 09:22 PM
To stop this there is only one way support National level parties. create level playing field for every state.
:notthatway: If I opt this, only GUJARAT, UP will be benefited. Certainly, not TN :lol: And getting suppressed by various national parties at the centre, is not NEW to TN people or their parties :D

again, whose fault is this??? Indian political system-oda kuttrama ? Tamilnadu-larndhu parliament poi, urulakelangu bonda saapittuttu thoongittu vandha MPs kuttrama...........

joe
7th April 2008, 10:26 PM
Maddy,Dilbert,
It is very clear your single agenda is criticise kalainjar for whatever he does.

If he take bold action ,you guys will potray him as anti-national .. we are all indians blah blah ..If he gives a room for legal talks respecting national integrity ,you will again blame him spinless.

I am not surprised by your hatred on kalainjar.

MADDY
7th April 2008, 10:38 PM
Maddy,Dilbert,
It is very clear your single agenda is criticise kalainjar for whatever he does.

If he take bold action ,you guys will potray him as anti-national .. we are all indians blah blah ..If he gives a room for legal talks respecting national integrity ,you will again blame him spinless.

cha cha appadi naa sollave illaye...........enakku kalaignar mela irukkura kovam, ella thamizh politicians melayum irukku.........y havent they fought for cauvery and eelam issue till now and got a decisive judgement in favor?? and i'm just little more peeved abt present DMK bcos this is the largest representation we have had in parliament all these yrs.....

enakku enna kobam-na, selva thambi, mattrum neenga, sathyraj ellarume, thamizh politicians mela irukkura problems-a paakkama, India-va summa kora sollureenga........for ex: jaakkar shariff-nnu oru karnataka MP, became railways minister and he gave staggering 30+ new routes/trains to karnataka in 5 yrs - ADHU....y arent tamil politicians doing that?

wrap07
7th April 2008, 10:40 PM
In any issue of this nature, politicians are using this only a gimmick to hoodwink people. In the heart of hearts, we all know that our people have no hatred for each other and our people have never been and will never be like that. That is one the main reason that our country boasts of so many multilingual, multicultural and diversied people living in unison.

If at all any problem comes among people, we can safely assume that it will be the handiwork of some vested interests or politicians who need these issues to survive.

Normal people all over the Country are never prone to these poisonous divisive mindset and they are not responsible for these issues being blown up.

The biggest problem with our people is they know that they are being misused but still allow themselves to be misused. It is like people's vote being cast in the booths without their being present by unscrupulous elements.

Certain vested interests suddenly create an issue and suddently wake up to an issue whenever there is no issue.

Our people once they become educated and enlightened of these power mongers and destructive elements, will come alive to the danger facing the nation.

Please, for God's sake, let us not divide people when there is none. These issues will get solved only if politicians stop using them as a political weapon and ferment trouble.

joe
7th April 2008, 10:50 PM
for ex: jaakkar shariff-nnu oru karnataka MP, became railways minister and he gave staggering 30+ new routes/trains to karnataka in 5 yrs - ADHU....y arent tamil politicians doing that?

It is surprising that a Desiyavaathi like you appreciate somebody being a central minister who is responsible for the whole nation acts as a minister only for his own state :)

I have no problem ..Central ministers from TN also doing their part ..Thayanithi maaran followed by Rasa brought many projects to TN ..Railway minister Velu is doing fantastic job ,so many railway upgrading and enhancement works going on in TN ..AnbuMani ramadoss also doing his part in bringing many medical colleges to TN. but athellam ungalukku kanuku theriyathu.

Infact when national party ministers from TN ,they always being a jalra to centre and never fight for TN ..Only after TN started to make more regional party representation in parliment and ministry ,we are getting our due in many aspects.

app_engine
7th April 2008, 10:51 PM
wrap07, Good post!

However, there is one disturbing fact. Politicians (or any of those who are causing trouble) didn't come from heaven, but from among the same "people" whom you've told as :
>>In the heart of hearts, we all know that our people have no hatred for each other and our people have never been and will never be like that.<<

That makes the whole theory suspect - that all "common public" or "people" are peace-loving but just manipulated by a "few" villains.

It's probably the other way around, majority of the people either don't care about this "peace" business or even "enjoy" violence (our movies are testimony to how much people enjoy adi-dhadi).

May be only very few care for non-violence. After all, a few politicians alone cannot generate all the bad blood, IMHO, and even if they do, still they have come out of the same "people":-(

joe
7th April 2008, 10:54 PM
Moreover inga periya thathuvam pesura aaLungallam vote poda poRathilla ,then blame poor common people .

Upper class educated people are the most irresponsible in india.

MADDY
7th April 2008, 10:58 PM
for ex: jaakkar shariff-nnu oru karnataka MP, became railways minister and he gave staggering 30+ new routes/trains to karnataka in 5 yrs - ADHU....y arent tamil politicians doing that?

It is surprising that a Desiyavaathi like you appreciate somebody being a central minister who is responsible for the whole nation acts as a minister only for his own state :)

ofcourse, state's development is nation's devlopment rite :wink: :lol:

i know A.K.Murthy of PMK brought so many routes to TN and maran bought some projects to TN......anbumani - i disagree.....

i just felt, blaming the nation as a whole for such problems, which are never highlighted by our own guys, was too much...........

MADDY
7th April 2008, 11:00 PM
Moreover inga periya thathuvam pesura aaLungallam vote poda poRathilla ,then blame poor common people .

that is the curse of this nation :oops: :( ........ppl. who think dont vote and ppl. who vote dont think

joe
7th April 2008, 11:11 PM
i just felt, blaming the nation as a whole for such problems, which are never highlighted by our own guys, was too much...........

Maddy ,
Therinju thaan pesureengala ? :roll:

when a mother have 5 children and one child feeling mother is not caring compare to others ,avanga ammava thaan kekka mudiyum ,pakkathu veetu ammavaya poi kekka mudiyum ..udane avanai throginnu pattam kattatheeenga.

And ,certain things are not in the control of central govt ..Please be informed that rivers are not nationalised in india ..That is why state govts go to court ..Ithula vera ministry-la ullavanga river pirachanaikku eppadi mudivu edukka mudiyum.

Even if a central minister can take a decision and if he is from TN ,not only kannadigas ,but people like you always waiting for a chance to blame DMK will defenitely accuse that he is biased and advice he must be act as a central minister.

Dilbert
7th April 2008, 11:59 PM
Maddy,Dilbert,

Joe sir please by me criticising MK or Devagowda or kisna or yedi. nothing is going to happen.

I just pointed out how responsible is that person who started the whole issue and when!.
I can list 1000000000 things what he did wrong, and you will list 10000000000000001 things wat he did rite. its never ending debate. All I am trying to drive here is that point .. he plays with peoples sentiments like any other politican period.

He was having all the time in the world to get TAMIL classic Lanugage status. Roomba Cirtical project.. Code Orange project..:oops: He had all the power in the world to block any other langugage getting the same status by passing a bill to ammend the constitution to include certain number of years existance as a clause. Mind you this was done when AP (cong govt) attempted to get Telugu the same classical status. :oops:

Look at the same person handling this siutation.

People can sit and talk all they want. Fact remains the same.
on your central minister point.
Central Minister best of my knowledge the only YOUNG minister from TN who did a decent job was Dhayanedhi maran ! You know why he was removed. there is nothing beyond him or her in TN. But for us India is beyond ANYONE. If you guys have fear of isolation. If you think National parties will only take care of north. Than thatz the fear what you have made to believe. If not this generation next generation will realise this is hoax . Till then its a waiting game.. :)

joe
8th April 2008, 06:36 AM
He was having all the time in the world to get TAMIL classic Lanugage status. Roomba Cirtical project.. Code Orange project..:oops: He had all the power in the world to block any other langugage getting the same status by passing a bill to ammend the constitution to include certain number of years existance as a clause. Mind you this was done when AP (cong govt) attempted to get Telugu the same classical status. :oops:

Better you educate yourself about the history of lingustic languages and it's orgin ..It is proven Tamil is one of the oldest and self-idependent classic language in the world .For 100 years ,people are forced to beleive that only sanscrit is the only classicla language and tamil is ignored for regcoginition by tamil hatred northies .

You compare Telugu and Tamil for purity ,self independence and ancient ..Good joke :lol: So much for your hatred and ignorance on Tamil :x

Statement on the Status of Tamil as a Classical Language

George L. Hart
Professor of Tamil
Chair in Tamil Studies

http://tamil.berkeley.edu/Tamil%20Chair/TamilClassicalLanguage/TamilClassicalLgeLtr.html

Dilbert
8th April 2008, 06:41 AM

Better you educate yourself about the history of lingustic languages and it's orgin ..It is proven Tamil is one of the oldest and self-idependent classic language in the world .For 100 years ,people are forced to beleive that only sanscrit is the only classicla language and tamil is ignored for regcoginition by tamil hatred northies .

You compare Telugu and Tamil for purity ,self independence and ancient ..Good joke :lol: So much for your hatred and ignorance on Tamil :x

Statement on the Status of Tamil as a Classical Language

George L. Hart
Professor of Tamil
Chair in Tamil Studies

http://tamil.berkeley.edu/Tamil%20Chair/TamilClassicalLanguage/TamilClassicalLgeLtr.html

What was the Need? Joe Bro. after so many years :( don't you think the passion has to be showed for other important issues.

Joe bro not necessarily I need prove my loyality to tamil by doing this :(

How Many drasactic changes happened bcoz of this status change.? :roll:

joe
8th April 2008, 06:51 AM
What was the Need? Joe Bro. after so many years :( don't you think the passion has to be showed for other important issues.

Joe bro not necessarily I need prove my loyality to tamil by doing this :(

How Many drasactic changes happened bcoz of this status change.? :roll:

I cannot spoon feed every basic things to you :x

Better go and learn what if a language is recognised as a classical language and what are the activities initiated for research and preserve the language..

oh!yeah ..It is not useful for you ..who cares ? :huh:

Dilbert
8th April 2008, 06:54 AM
oh!yeah ..It is not useful for you ..who cares ? :huh:

Save this statement ! I have nothing much to say. Pl don't get frustated. Just chill. :D tk care have gr8 bright day bro.

joe
8th April 2008, 06:55 AM
We need our mother tounge ,which happen to be one of the oldest and richest in the world ,to be preserved for coming generations ..If you don't care just because you don't get any personal benefit ..who bothers ? :huh: we already know why you hate our Thamizh .

Dilbert
8th April 2008, 08:16 AM
We need our mother tounge ,which happen to be one of the oldest and richest in the world ,to be preserved for coming generations ..If you don't care just because you don't get any personal benefit ..who bothers ? :huh: we already know why you hate our Thamizh .

WHY :shock: :?

joe
8th April 2008, 08:47 AM
[tscii:670ac8c31d]சோ-வுக்கே பொறுக்கல்ல :)

துக்ளக் தலையங்கம்
சாதாரண காலத்திலேயே, கர்நாடக அரசியல்வாதிகளின் "மாநில வெறி அரசியல்' சகிக்க முடியாததாக இருக்கும்; இப்போது தேர்தல் காலம் வந்துவிட்டது; மாநில வெறி அங்கு கோரத்தாண்டவம் ஆட ஆரம்பித்துவிட்டது.

இப்போது அவர்களுக்குக் கிடைத்திருக்கிற மேடை, ஹொகேனக்கல் குடிநீர்த் திட்டம். தமிழகத்தில் கிருஷ்ணகிரி, தர்மபுரி மாவட்டங்களின் குடிநீர்ப் பிரச்சனையைத் தீர்க்க, ஹொகேனக்கல்லிற்கு வருகிற காவிரி நீரைப் பயன்படுத்த, தமிழகம் திட்டமிட்டு
வந்தது. இது பலவருடங்களாகத் திட்டமிடப்பட்டு, இப்போது செயல்முறைக் கட்டத்தை அடைந்து, அங்கு பணிகள் தொடங்கியிருக்கின்றன.

ஹொகேனக்கல்லில் தங்களைச் சார்ந்த பகுதிகளை தமிழகம் ஆக்கிரமித்துள்ளதாகக் கூறி, அதை ஒரு பிரச்சனையாக்கி, அந்தப் பிரச்சனை தீருகிற வரையில், அங்கு
குடிநீர்த் திட்டப்பணி எதுவும் நடக்கக்கூடாது என்று கர்நாடக அரசியல்வாதிகள் கோஷமிட ஆரம்பித்திருக்கின்றனர். இது முளையிலேயே கிள்ளி எறியப்படாவிட்டால், காவிரிப் பிரச்சனை போல, மற்றொரு தீராத பிரச்சனையாகிவிடும்.

இப்போதுள்ள மத்திய அரசும், இதற்கு முந்தைய வாஜ்பாய் அரசும் மட்டுமல்ல
– அதற்கும் முந்தைய அரசு கூட, தமிழகத்தின் இந்தத் திட்டத்தை அங்கீகரித்துள்ளன; இப்போது கூட மத்திய அரசின் உதவியுடன்தான், இந்தத் திட்டம் நிறைவேற்றப்பட இருக்கிறது – என்று தமிழக அரசு சுட்டிக்காட்டியிருக்கிறது.

இவ்வளவு இருந்தும், கர்நாடக அரசியல்வாதிகள், இப்போது திடீரென்று, இந்தத் திட்டத்தை முடக்கப் பார்க்கின்றனர். தமிழகத்திற்கு வந்து சேர்கிற காவிரி நீரை, தனது தேவைக்கேற்ப, தமிழகம் பயன்படுத்திக்கொள்வதில், கர்நாடகத்திற்கு என்ன பாதகம் வந்துவிடும்? காவிரி நீரை, மக்களின் குடிநீருக்கு கர்நாடகம் பயன்படுத்தலாம்
– ஆனால், தமிழகத்தில் இருமாவட்டங்களின் குடிநீர்த் தேவைக்கு, தனக்கு வந்து சேர்கிற காவிரி நீரை தமிழகம் பயன்படுத்தக்கூடாதாம். இது வறட்டுத்தனமான வாதம்.

இதில், கர்நாடக பா.ஜ.க. மற்றக் கட்சிகளை மிஞ்சிக் காட்டி, தங்களுடைய மாநில அக்கறையைப் பிரகடனப்படுத்த முனைந்துவிட்டது. அக்கட்சியின் ஒருநாள் முதல்வரும், முதல்வர் பதவிக்கான வேட்பாளருமான எடியூரப்பா
– ஹொகேனக்கல்லுக்கு வந்து ஆர்ப்பாட்டம் நடத்திவிட்டுப் போயிருக்கிறார். தேசிய ஒருமைப்பாட்டைப் பற்றி வாய்கிழியப் பேசுகிற கட்சியாகிய பா.ஜ.க., மாநில வெறியைத் தூண்டிவிடுவதில் காட்டியுள்ள முனைப்பு, பிரமிக்கத்தக்கது.

மற்ற மாநிலத்தின் மீது துவேஷத்தை வளர்க்கிற மஹாராஷ்டிரத்தின் ராஜ்தாக்கரேவுக்கும், அண்டை மாநிலத்தின் மீது வெறுப்பைத் தூண்டிவிடுகிற எடியூரப்பாவிற்கும் ஒரு வித்தியாசமும் இல்லை. இருவருமே அரசியல் லாபத்திற்காக, தேசிய ஒருமைப்பாட்டையே குலைப்பவர்கள்தான்.

காங்கிரஸும், பா.ஜ.க.வும் தேசியக் கட்சிகள் என்ற பெயருடன், ஆங்காங்கே மாநிலக் கட்சிகள் நடத்துகிற சாதாரணமான, குறுகிய நோக்கம் கொண்ட கட்சிகளாக, அவ்வப்போது தோற்றமளிப்பது, வருந்தத்தக்கது. தங்களுடைய மாநிலத் தலைவர்களை, மாநில வெறியைத் தவிர்க்குமாறு கட்டளையிடுகிற மனோதைரியம், இந்த இருகட்சிகளுக்குமே இல்லை.

நாத்திகவாதிகளின் பிரச்சாரத்தினால், தோற்றுவிக்கப்பட முடியாத நாத்திகம் – போலி ஆன்மீகவாதிகளினால் தோற்றுவிக்கப்பட்டுவிட முடியும்; பிரிவினைவாதிகளால் சாதிக்க முடியாததை, இம்மாதிரி தேசியவாதிகள் சாதித்துக் காட்டிவிடுவார்கள் போலிருக்கிறது.

- சோ[/tscii:670ac8c31d]

joe
8th April 2008, 09:01 AM
Atlast somebody from Karnataka speaks the truth :D

ஒகேனக்கல் குடிநீர் திட்டத்தை கர்நாடகம் எதிர்ப்பது தேவையற்றது: முன்னாள் கர்நாடக நீர்பாசனத்துறை அமைச்சர் கருத்து

*பெங்களூரு: ஒகேனக்கல் குடிநீர் திட்டத்தை அரசியலாக்கி எதிர்ப்பை கிளப்புவது தேவையற்றது.இத்திட்டம் விவாதத்திற்கு அப்பாற்பட்டது என்று கர்நாடகாவில் போராட்டத்தில் ஈடுபட்டுள்ளவர்களை கண்டித்துள்ளார் அம்மாநில முன்னாள் நீர்பாசனத்துறை அமைச்சர்நஞ்சே கவுடா தெரிவித்துள்ளார். இத்திட்டம் முழுக்க முழுக்க குடிநீர் விநியோகத்தை அடிப்படையாகக்கொண்டது என்றும்,தண்ணீர் பங்கீடு என்று கூறி எதிர்ப்பு தெரிவிப்பவர்கள் திட்டத்தை பற்றி முழுமையாக அறிந்து கொள்ளாதவர்கள் என்றும் அவர் தெரிவித்துள்ளார்

நன்றி: தினமலர்

Billgates
8th April 2008, 09:28 AM
Joe

Thuglak is generally a neutral guy no ? I thought most of his writings are sensible, reflective of the politicial scenario prevailed then.

joe
8th April 2008, 09:47 AM
ஓகனேக்கல்: தமிழகத்தின் பக்கம்தான் நியாயம் உள்ளது - நஞ்சே கெளடா

பெங்களூர்: ஓகனேக்கல் திட்டம் முழுக்க முழுக்க தமிழகத்திற்குள்தான் நிறைவேற்றப்பட உள்ளது. மேலும் இது குடிநீர்த் திட்டம். இதை கர்நாடகம் எதிர்ப்பதில் எந்தவித நியாயமும் இல்லை. உடனடியாக தமிழக அரசு இந்தத் திட்டத்தை நிறைவேற்றி இரு மாவட்ட மக்களுக்கு குடிநீர் வசதி செய்து தர வேண்டும் என்று கர்நாடக மாநில முன்னாள் நீர்ப்பாசனத் துறை அமைச்சர் நஞ்சே கெளடா கூறியுள்ளார்.

எந்தவித நியாய தர்மமும் இல்லாமல், கர்நாடகத்தில் உள்ள பல்வேறு கட்சிகளின் அரசியல் தலைவர்களும், கன்னட அமைப்பினரும் ஓகனேக்கல் கூட்டுக் குடிநீர்த் திட்டத்ைத எதிர்த்து வருகின்றனர்.

தேசியத் தலைவரான தேவெ கெளடா முதல் உள்ளூர் தலைவர்களான எஸ்.எம்.கிருஷ்ணா, எடியூரப்பா வரை ஓகனேக்கல் திட்டம் கூடாது என்று பிடிவாதமாக பேசி வருகின்றனர்.

இந்த நிலையில் தமிழகத்தின் பக்கம்தான் நியாயம் உள்ளது. இந்தத் திட்டத்தை கர்நாடகம் எதிர்ப்பதில் எந்தவித நியாயமும் இல்லை என்று முன்னாள் கர்நாடக அமைச்சர் நஞ்சே கெளடா கருத்து தெரிவித்துள்ளார்.

இதுகுறித்து அவர் ஒரு பேட்டி அளித்துள்ளார். அதில், நஞ்சே கெளடா கூறுகையில், உண்மை என்னவென்றால் போராட்டம் நடத்துபவர்களுக்கு இந்தத் திட்டம் குறித்துத் தெரியவில்லை.

இரண்டு மாநிலங்களுக்கு இடையேயோ அல்லது இரு நாடுகளுக்கு இடையேயோ ஒரு ஆறு ஓடினால், அதன் நடுவில் ஒரு கோட்டைப் போட்டு எல்லை பிரிப்பது என்பது சர்வதேச அளவில் உள்ள நடைமுறை.

அதுமட்டுமல்லாமல் உலகம் முழுவதும் உள்ள இன்னொரு நடைமுறை, ஆற்று நீரைப் பயன்படுத்தும்போது முதலில் முக்கியத்துவம் கொடுப்பது குடிநீருக்குத்தான். அடுத்து நீர்ப்பாசனத்திற்கும், பிறகு மின் உற்பத்திக்கும், போக்குவரத்துக்கும் பயன்படுத்துவார்கள்.

ஓகனேக்கல் திட்டம் முழுக்க முழுக்க குடிநீருக்கான திட்டம். மேலும், அந்தத் திட்டத்தை தமிழகத்திற்குட்பட்ட பகுதியில்தான் செயல்படுத்தப் போகிறார்கள். எனவே கர்நாடகத்தால் அதை எதிர்க்க முடியாது. எதிர்ப்பதற்கு எந்தவித முகாந்திரமும் இல்லை.

ஓகனேக்கல் முன்பு கோவை மாவட்டத்தில் இருந்தது. 1956ம் ஆண்டு கொள்ளேகால் கர்நாடகத்திடம் ஒப்படைக்கப்பட்டது. அதன் பின்னர் கொள்ளேகாலுக்கும், ஓகனேக்கலுக்கும் இடையே ஓடும் காவிரி ஆறுதான் இரு மாநிலங்களுக்கும் எல்லைக் கோடாக நிர்ணயிக்கப்பட்டது.

1998ம் ஆண்டு வழங்கப்பட்ட அனுமதி குடிநீருக்காகத்தானே தவிர, மின்சாரத்திற்கான திட்டத்திற்கு அல்ல. எனவே தமிழகம் மின்சாரம் தயாரிப்பதற்கான நடவடிக்கையில் ஈடுபட முடியாது. அப்படி அவர்கள் மின்சாரம் தொடர்பான அணை கட்ட நினைத்தால் அதுகுறித்து கர்நாடகத்திடம் அறிக்கை தர வேண்டும். அப்படி இதுவரை எந்த அறிக்கையும், கடிதமும் கர்நாடகத்திற்கு வரவில்லை. எனவே அது குறித்த திட்டம் அவர்களிடம் இல்லை என்றே அர்த்தம்.

ஒருவேளை சொல்லாமல் கொள்ளாமல் தமிழகம் மின்சாரம் தொடர்பான பணிகளை மேற்கொண்டால் அதுகுறித்து சுப்ரீம் கோர்ட் செல்லலாம்.

உணர்ச்சிப்பூர்வமாக போராட்டத்தில் ஈடுபடுபவர்கள் கோஷம் போடுகிறார்கள். இப்போது உள்ள பிரச்சினை தண்ணீர்ப் பங்கீடு தொடர்பானதே அல்ல. இது முழுக்க முழுக்க தமிழகம் தொடர்பான ஒரு விவகாரம். இதில் கர்நாடகத்திற்கு எந்த சம்பந்தமும் இல்ைல என்பதை உண்மை.

உண்மையில், ஓகனேக்கல் பகுதியில் உள்ள 700 ஏக்கர் பரப்பளவிலான ஒரு தீவு குறித்துத்தான் இரு மாநிலங்களுக்கும் இடையே பிரச்சினை உள்ளது. ஆனால் அதுகுறித்து யாரும் பேச மாட்டேன் என்கிறார்கள். அது ஏன் என்று புரியவில்லை.

இந்தத் திட்டத்தை தமிழக அரசு ஒத்திவைத்தது தேவையற்றது. பத்து வருடங்களாக கிடப்பில் போட்டிருந்தவர்கள், ஒரு மாதம் காத்திருந்து என்ன செய்து விடப் போகிறார்கள். உடனடியாக இந்தத் திட்டத்தை நிறைவேற்றி, கிருஷ்ணகிரி, தர்மபுரி மாவட்ட மக்களுக்கு குடிநீர் வசதி கிடைக்க தமிழக அரசு நடவடிக்கை எடுக்க வேண்டும்.

பிரதமர் மன்மோகன் சிங் உடனடியாக கர்நாடக ஆளுநரை அழைத்து, இந்தத் திட்டம் குறித்த உண்மையை கர்நாடக மக்களுக்கு விளக்க வேண்டும் என உத்தரவிட வேண்டும். அப்போதுதான் கர்நாடக மக்களுக்கு உண்மை என்ன என்பது தெரிய வரும்.

தவறாக வழிநடத்துபவர்களால் தவறான வழிக்கு யாரும் போய் விடக் கூடாது. வன்முறையில் இறங்காதீர்கள். அனைவரும் சகோதரர்கள். சகோதரர்கள் போல நடந்து கொள்ள வேண்டும் என்று கூறியுள்ளார் நஞ்சே கெளடா.

http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/news/2008/04/08/india-former-karnataka-minister-nanje-gowda.html

உண்மையை உரக்கச்சொன்ன திரு .நஞ்சே கவுடா அவர்களுக்கு சிரம் தாழ்ந்த வணக்கங்கள் :clap:

Thirumaran
8th April 2008, 09:50 AM
enakku enna kobam-na, selva thambi, mattrum neenga, sathyraj ellarume, thamizh politicians mela irukkura problems-a paakkama, India-va summa kora sollureenga.

I completely agree. Thamizhargal ellaarayum ottu motha ulagamum/India vum saerthu amukura maathiri oru bramaya uruvaakurathula namma aatkalukku nigar naamathaan. :lol2: Karnataka la arasiyal katchigalum sila amaipugalum pannura thappukku ottu motha KN people maela pazhi solrathu :banghead:

Niraya Cine persons maedayila vaaai kizhiya Paesinaanga. Ippa avaunga paesina paechellaam ninaichu paartha :lol2: Ippa vaai thorakka maataangale :lol2:

TN kku ippa irukura Central Power vachi at least intha project a niraivaethalaam. Athuvaa mukkiyam. Congress kooda kootani thodaranum, illanaa aatchikku aabathu. Central la irunthu vara varumaanam minister galukku poidum. Future la Kanimozhikku Minister post kidaika yaerpaadu nadakkum, athu poidum. Ithellaam mukkiyamaa illa TN people kku water project mukkiyamaa :huh: :lol2: Ithellaam paesa maataanga. Namma panra thappukku mathavanga maela pazhi poadalaamannu thaan paesanum.

KN Election kaaranam kaamichu niruthi vachirukaangalaam :lol2: Enna kodumai saravanan ithu :lol2: Nalla vaelai America President elcection Kaaranam kaamichu Postpone pannala :lol2: KN election mudinjathum anga varra govt appadiyae prachanai panna maataanga maathiri :huh: Appuram TN, KN appappa govt maarurapa maathi maathi blame panni innum niraya varushathukku appuramum Kaveri problem maathiri ellaarum paesitae irukka poaroam :lol2:

Vaazhga Jananaayagam. Vaazhga suyanala arasiyavaathigal.. Ellaarum avangavanga vaelaya paarungappa :lol2:

Thirumaran
8th April 2008, 09:53 AM
[tscii]சோ-வுக்கே பொறுக்கல்ல :)

He always behave neutral. Whoever does the mistake he always raise his opinion neutrally if he feels is wrong.

Definitely i was not surprised :P

Billgates
8th April 2008, 09:56 AM
[tscii]சோ-வுக்கே பொறுக்கல்ல :)

He always behave neutral. Whoever does the mistake he always raise his opinion neutrally if he feels is wrong.

Definitely i was not surprised :P

Exactly ! On many occasions, he might have supported someone whom he would have opposed earlier but for a reasonable , justifiable cause.
I think Cho is one of the rare guys around with some better brains

joe
8th April 2008, 10:11 AM
Whoever does the mistake he always raise his opinion neutrally if he feels is wrong.

That is true!I too agree.

Thirumaran
8th April 2008, 10:25 AM
Whoever does the mistake he always raise his opinion neutrally if he feels is wrong.

:notworthy:
BTW 98% of the time whatever he feels will be right :wink: :P I know u will not say the same as your previous post :P

Billgates
8th April 2008, 10:28 AM

BTW 98% of the time whatever he feels will be right :wink: :P I know u will not say the same as your previous post :P

Cho is a big fan of Nadigar THilakam. Here Joe will support him :)

joe
8th April 2008, 10:38 AM

:lol: Sila VishyangaLa naan Nadigar Thilagaththaiye support panniyathilla :)

Thirumaran
8th April 2008, 10:38 AM

Sivaji fan ngara kaaranathaala cho sollrathellaam Sivaji fans accept pannikanumnu avasiyam illa. People have their own way of looking and judging things. :) Ithuthaan right nnu ethuvum illa. Ithu right illainnum ethum illa. hope i am saying it right. :roll: Athu right aa illaayannu audience mudivu pannikoanga :lol2:

Thirumaran
8th April 2008, 10:39 AM

This dialogue looks...

Naan onna mudivu pannitaa en paecha naanae kaekurathilla :mrgreen:

joe
8th April 2008, 10:40 AM

This dialogue looks...

Naan onna mudivu pannitaa en paecha naanae kaekurathilla :mrgreen:

:exactly: :D

Btw, Even I am a fan of Cho in certain aspects. :)

wrap07
8th April 2008, 10:41 AM
wrap07, Good post!

However, there is one disturbing fact. Politicians (or any of those who are causing trouble) didn't come from heaven, but from among the same "people" whom you've told as :
>>In the heart of hearts, we all know that our people have no hatred for each other and our people have never been and will never be like that.<<

That makes the whole theory suspect - that all "common public" or "people" are peace-loving but just manipulated by a "few" villains.

It's probably the other way around, majority of the people either don't care about this "peace" business or even "enjoy" violence (our movies are testimony to how much people enjoy adi-dhadi).

May be only very few care for non-violence. After all, a few politicians alone cannot generate all the bad blood, IMHO, and even if they do, still they have come out of the same "people":-(

I have said that people allow themselves to be manipulated by politicians. you are right that these unscrupulous elements came from the same people only.

But, it is from the same people we had great leaders who did great service for the nation without any reciprocation.

Good and evil come from the same society. If people start accepting the good, bad elements will automatically be eleminated.

People may enjoy action movies. But, they also know that violence in movies are just an act. Or else how a lean frame can massacre 50 well built goondas and fly from here and there like a bird. Movies are just a imaginary world meant for enjoyment only not for replication at home.

But, no ordinary human will enjoy bloodshed in his home or in his neighbourhood if he has any sense of human value.

But, yes, our society needs to awaken from slumber and think about the nation as a whole.

Billgates
8th April 2008, 10:43 AM

:clap: :notworthy: :D

Billgates
8th April 2008, 10:48 AM
Wrap,

2 strong points in favour of TN but the State Govt has surrendered meekly :

The water project proposed falls well inside the TN territory

Second, Hogenakkal is integral part of TN

Wonder why Kalaignar Ayya has to withheld the project so quickly . IMO, he lacks wisdom. A Jayalalitha would have been more stubborn, militant .

Sad that even a party with fundamentals like BJP is unable to control a regional neta like Yediyurappa. Somebody should blast Advani for this. Why he is quiet now ? & what about that loud mouthed L.Ganesan ? where is he ?

joe
8th April 2008, 10:49 AM
But, it is from the same people we had great leaders who did great service for the nation without any reciprocation.

When you talk about old generation leaders ,they were ofcourse selfishless leaders since most of them come from pre-independence background ..At that time ,being in politics is a sacrifice since you won't get benefit and it was protest ..That is why real good people were able to get recogintion.

kamarajar came from very very ordinary background and ,just because of his dedication and selfishless ,he could able to become All india President of Congress .But if the same Kamaraj born in this era ,he can't even become a panjayathu councillor.

wrap07
8th April 2008, 10:50 AM
[quote="joe"]Moreover inga periya thathuvam pesura aaLungallam vote poda poRathilla ,then blame poor common people .

This is not a thathuvam but a BLATANT TRUE FACT. These unscrupuous politicians and elements survive because these poor common people are gullible and can be taken for granted.

There is no need for anybody not to vote in our present system. be assured. some body will always be representing them in the vote booths.

It should never be assumed that those who speak what is really happening are irresponsible and only those who refuse to see the truth are irresponsible.

I strongly feel that our loyalty to the Country should come before our loyalty to any other affiliation.

You may right in educated class not voting and advicing. Fortunately I am not in the list. :D

wrap07
8th April 2008, 10:51 AM

When you talk about old generation leaders ,they were ofcourse selfishless leaders since most of them come from pre-independence background ..At that time ,being in politics is a sacrifice since you won't get benefit and it was protest ..That is why real good people were able to get recogintion.

kamarajar came from very very ordinary background and ,just because of his dedication and selfishless ,he could able to become All india President of Congress .But if the same Kamaraj born in this era ,he can't even become a panjayathu councillor.

you are absolutely right. This shows the current trend of politics

joe
8th April 2008, 10:52 AM
what about that loud mouthed L.Ganesan ? where is he ?

No..No..L.Ganesan was the first one condemn Edaiyurappa and even now also he condemn Karnataka.

joe
8th April 2008, 10:57 AM
I strongly feel that our loyalty to the Country should come before our loyalty to any other affiliation.

Not that I am denying ,But let me ask you one straight question.

An indian born Indian national who were very loyal to india ,now He got US citizenship ..Now He must be loyal to US or India? :roll:

wrap07
8th April 2008, 10:57 AM
Wrap,

2 strong points in favour of TN but the State Govt has surrendered meekly :

The water project proposed falls well inside the TN territory

Second, Hogenakkal is integral part of TN

Wonder why Kalaignar Ayya has to withheld the project so quickly . IMO, he lacks wisdom. A Jayalalitha would have been more stubborn, militant .

Sad that even a party with fundamentals like BJP is unable to control a regional neta like Yediyurappa. Somebody should blast Advani for this. Why he is quiet now ? & what about that loud mouthed L.Ganesan ? where is he ?

yes. No doubt BJP has become a congress in many ways. it is highly irresponsible on the part of Yeiyurappa to have created this issue. He should have been reprimanded and warned not to precipitate the issue. No national party can escape with the reason that local political compulsions are keeping them quiet. If that is the case, they cannot be called National Parties. A National party is one which treats the entire country as one and any problem in any state should be handleed in a just manner. BJP is certainly at fault as Congress is in this case.

wrap07
8th April 2008, 11:03 AM

An indian born Indian national who were very loyal to india ,now He got US citizenship ..Now He must be loyal to US or India? :roll:

To me, he must be loyal to India only because he was born in India and India is his motherland.

Others may differ in their opinion and I have no issues with that.

Billgates
8th April 2008, 11:06 AM

IMO he should be loyal to US only as he is changing his citizenship. By opting for citizenship he looks for all the basic entitlements, freedom which a native citizen gets automatically. It also indicates , he wants to live in US forever.

selvakumar
8th April 2008, 11:09 AM
"MADDY"

exactly, its Tamilnadu politicians who should take up the cause of tamils...........even after having 40MPs in centre, if we cannot push through things, then what can we say selva?
> Yes. In a way, you are right. Even after having 40 MPs in the centre, TN govt had put our project on hold.
> Even after approving the project, BJP is hell bent to win karnataka elections by triggering a fight b/w the two states and there by calling themselves the NATIONAL PARTY
> Despite having presence in both states, congress is silent on this issue.
So, we should blame BJP (for trying to get cheap political advantage out of it), CONGRESS (for remaining silent by forgetting that they are in the centre ) and DMK (by putting TN's project for stupid claims by karnataka BJP and congress)

whom are you blaming selva? do u think all kannadigas are against giving water to tamilnadu?? why are you creating the image that all of KN is bad and tamils are sacrificers?? and whole India is intimidating TN?
That will be truth. Do you think all kannadigas are ready to give water to TN ? Be it in cauvery issue or taking water from our own area ??

its very simple, if tamil politicians are serious enuf and have political will, they will solve these issues.......no point in blaming India, all kannadigas in the world, BJP, congress and wat not,.....
It is QUITE SIMPLE TO UNDERSTAND. The responsibility is with TN politicians ( That includes.. you know whom.. not just DMK.. there are many others too). Worst thing is : BJP and congress' double game. It was karnataka BJP that started it and the BJP at the centre was silent ? So, whom should I blame more ? :D :D

joe
8th April 2008, 11:12 AM

IMO he should be loyal to US only as he is changing his citizenship. By opting for citizenship he looks for all the basic entitlements, freedom which a native citizen gets automatically. It also indicates , he wants to live in US forever.

Absolutely :D .So loyality to a nation is necessary and it can change anytime either by you or by some other.

You can change from Indian National to US National ..One fine morning Pakistani national became Bangaladeshi national ,whether he like it or not.

Nationality is a political ,geographical setup and we should be loyal to which one belongs to right now .

If I want ,I can change my nationality n number of times ( which i will never do personally) ,but my Thamizh identity will never change ,I will remain as thamizhan for ever .

selvakumar
8th April 2008, 11:12 AM
again, whose fault is this??? Indian political system-oda kuttrama ? Tamilnadu-larndhu parliament poi, urulakelangu bonda saapittuttu thoongittu vandha MPs kuttrama...........
Those who started this issue. Bav bhaji ellam thinnuttu agreement sign panna vittutu, ippo prachanaiya kelappura THOONGURA MAARI NADIKKIRA MPs, leaders oda kutram 8-)

selvakumar
8th April 2008, 11:13 AM
Absolutely :D .So loyality to a nation is necessary and it can change anytime either by you or by some other.

You can change from Indian National to US National ..One fine morning Pakistani national became Bangaladeshi national ,whether he like it or not.

Nationality is a political ,geographical setup and we should be loyal to which one belongs to right now .

If I want ,I can change my nationality n number of times ( which i will never do personally) ,but my Thamizh identity will never change ,I will remain as thamizhan for ever .

joe
8th April 2008, 11:14 AM

To me, he must be loyal to India only because he was born in India and India is his motherland. .

US Citizen must be loyal to India than US :lol:

Even if there is a war between US-INDIA ,he must sit in US and loyal to India . :roll:

No more arguement :roll:

selvakumar
8th April 2008, 11:16 AM
I just pointed out how responsible is that person who started the whole issue and when!.
Dilbert brother,
Time and again, you are trying to prove as if MK started the whole thing. Let me repeat it again. It was karnataka BJP (yeddygaaru) that started all these things. They were entering the Hogenakkal area time & again and claiming that it is a part of karnataka. For almost a month, MK was silent on this issue. OTOH, other parties asked him to react strongly and few of them did it much before him. Only then, MK reacted to the issue.
Even after this, you want to believe that Mk started this game much before KN BJP and he wanted to play politics much before them, I have no issues. :)

selvakumar
8th April 2008, 11:18 AM

Even if there is a war between US-INDIA ,he must sit in US and loyal to India . :roll:

I read in one of the forums that a guy's visa was rejected when he replied that he will support India and not US if there is world war III. :P Not sure though. Might not be true also

wrap07
8th April 2008, 11:25 AM

To me, he must be loyal to India only because he was born in India and India is his motherland. .

I feel that you are talking of nationality in a normal manner. I thought it has emotional feelings inbuilt in that. People move around the globe for better placements and may be for change of place also. But, I think whatever may be their changed nationality(many times), they will always be Indian first.

If India is a superpower and rich, which it will become oneday, things will change.

I am mentioning the above only for the love of this country and it does not mean that all is well in this country. I believe we will be better off than any other country.

Mr. Joe, I hope and believe you understand that our love of our country is not be aruged and if I have not put my thoughts properly, please leave it.

Billgates
8th April 2008, 11:36 AM
I feel that you are talking of nationality in a normal manner. I thought it has emotional feelings inbuilt in that. People move around the globe for better placements and may be for change of place also. But, I think whatever may be their changed nationality(many times), they will always be Indian first

Wrap

For getting a job, one may look for work permit or visa etc which enables him a valid entry to work.
But if someone applies for citizenship, IMO, he looks for a much wider benefit. In this case, he should be loyal to the country where he lives , not to his native. If he still is passionate towards his own country, then its double standards.

joe
8th April 2008, 11:37 AM
I feel that you are talking of nationality in a normal manner. I thought it has emotional feelings inbuilt in that. People move around the globe for better placements and may be for change of place also. But, I think whatever may be their changed nationality(many times), they will always be Indian first.

If India is a superpower and rich, which it will become oneday, things will change.

I am mentioning the above only for the love of this country and it does not mean that all is well in this country. I believe we will be better off than any other country.

Mr. Joe, I hope and believe you understand that our love of our country is not be aruged and if I have not put my thoughts properly, please leave it.

I think You have confused between Indian national and Indian Race ..when you talk about Loyalty towards nation ,it should be based on your citizenship.

There are Tamils in Singapore ,Malaysia ,who came here some 100 years back ,but now singapore ,malaysian Citizen ...Race wise they are Indians and Lingustic wise they are Thamizhs ,but they are Loyal to Singapore and Malaysia only as they are citizens there .They cannot be loyal to India than their country any more ..But Still they are loyal to their Language Thamizh and it cannot be controlled.

selvakumar
8th April 2008, 11:40 AM
:omg: Just read CHO's article and Nanje Gowda's support. ennapa kaalailayae HEART ATTACK vara vaikkuraanga ... esp CHO :roll:

wrap07
8th April 2008, 11:42 AM
I feel that you are talking of nationality in a normal manner. I thought it has emotional feelings inbuilt in that. People move around the globe for better placements and may be for change of place also. But, I think whatever may be their changed nationality(many times), they will always be Indian first

Wrap

For getting a job, one may look for work permit or visa etc which enables him a valid entry to work.
But if someone applies for citizenship, IMO, he looks for a much wider benefit. In this case, he should be loyal to the country where he lives , not to his native. If he still is passionate towards his own country, then its double standards.

Yes. As you say, when someone applies for citizenship, he is bound by conditions naturally. I stand corrected.

SoftSword
8th April 2008, 01:38 PM
even after sathyaraj had constantly attacked Superstar in his speech...
he did not tell anything in back to him in his speech....

thats his maturity...
not gettin provoked by someones speech...

anybody for that matter, if he is been attacked like this in the stage... he would have taken revenge or atleast indirectly he would have given his points against the guy...

Billgates
8th April 2008, 02:02 PM
Jaya walks out in water dispute

Tue, 08 Apr, 2008,01:45 PM
Tamilnadu's main opposition leader J Jayalalithaa demanded that Chief Minister M Karunanidhi should resign over the Hogenakkal water dispute with neighbouring Karnataka state.

The former chief minister on Tuesday charged that he failed the people of Tamilnadu over the water project.

Jayalalithaa who heads the All India Anna DMK party led a walk out in the state legislature during question hour.

The walk out came following denial of permission by Speaker R Avidaiyappan over moving a special adjournment motion, she told reporters and added that resolutions were unanimously passed on Mar 27 (by Local Administration Minister M K Stalin) and on April 1 (by Karunanidhi) for implementation of the project.

`But on April 5, even when the assembly session was on, the Chief Minister issued a unilateral statement, saying that the project had been put on hold till a new popular government was elected in Karnataka,' she said.

`While Karunanidhi in a public meeting and in the Assembly categorically asserted that the project would be implemented at any cost, he retracted from his earlier statement by stating that the project would be put on hold. He did this without convening the cabinet or consulting all parties on April 5,' she said.

`By stating that the issue would be discussed with the new Karnataka government, is Karunanidhi admitting that the state is vested with the right of deciding a project of our state? He should not have spoken of putting on hold the project,' she said, adding that this amounted to betraying the interest of the Tamil people. `So, he should resign.'

Further, she said there is a need for a government in the state `with a strong political will'.

Earlier, she said the Earlier, she said the late Chief Minister Kamaraj first proposed the scheme in 1965. AIADMK founder and late Chief Minister M G Ramachandran had named it Kamaraj plan project when he wanted to implement it in 1986, she said, adding that it has been a 40 year long dream of the people of Dharmapuri and Krishnagiri districts.

http://newstodaynet.com/newsindex.php?id=6417%20&%20section=6

Billgates
8th April 2008, 02:07 PM
http://www.newindpress.com/NewsItems.asp?ID=IEH20080408022634&Page=H&Title=Top+Stories&Topic=498

Karunanidhi has failed people on Hogenakkal project: Jaya
Tuesday April 8 2008 12:48 IST

CHENNAI: Charging Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M Karunanidhi with "failing" the people on the Hogenakkal Water Project, AIADMK chief and Opposition Leader Jayalalithaa on Tuesday demanded his immediate resignation.

After leading a walkout of AIADMK members in the State Assembly during question hour after denial of permission by Speaker R Avidaiyappan over moving a special adjournment motion, she told reporters that resolutions were unanimously passed on Mar 27 (by Local Administration Minister MK Stalin) and on April 1 (by Karunanidhi) for implementation of the project.

"But on April 5, even when the assembly session was on, the Chief Minister issued a unilateral statement, saying that the project had been put on hold till a new popular government was elected in Karnataka," she said.

"While Karunanidhi in a public meeting and in the Assembly categorically asserted that the project would be implemented at any cost, he retracted from his earlier statement by stating that the project would be put on hold. He did this without convening the cabinet or consulting all parties on April 5," she said.

"By stating that the issue would be discussed with the new Karnataka government, is Karunanidhi admitting that the state is vested with the right of deciding a project of our state? He should not have spoken of putting on hold the project," she said, adding that this amounted to betraying the interest of the Tamil people. "So, he should resign."

Further, she said there is a need for a government in the state "with a strong political will".

Earlier, she said the late Chief Minister Kamaraj first proposed the scheme in 1965. AIADMK founder and late Chief Minister M G Ramachandran had named it Kamaraj plan project when he wanted to implement it in 1986, she said, adding that it has been a 40 year long dream of the people of Dharmapuri and Krishnagiri districts.

Continuing her criticism against the DMK government, Jayalalithaa alleged that Stalin had moved the resolution on March 27 only as a counter to the AIADMK's protest demonstration, then underway at Hogenakkal.

Though Karnataka BJP leader BS Yeddyurappa had staged a protest at Hogenakkal on March 16, the Chief Minister kept quiet for about 10 days on the issue, she charged.

"The people of the state are shocked and angry over the Chief Minister's announcement, putting on hold the project till a new government assumes office in Karnataka. It will affect the right of the people of Tamil Nadu," she said, while recalling the state-wide protest against Karnataka's opposition to the project.

"The Chief Minister had also said that the new government in Karnataka would understand that justice is on our side (on implementing the project), a statement which again is unacceptable," she said and wondered what the connection was between elections in Karnataka and the drinking water scheme in Tamil Nadu.

"We don't need their concern," she said, in an emotive tone.

She also recollected that in 1990, officials from Tamil Nadu had agreed for the Bangalore water project from the Cauvery, following Karnataka agreed for project.

podalangai
8th April 2008, 03:02 PM
There are some advantages to that approach. Then providing drinking water for Dharmapuri and irrigation for the farmers in Thanjavur will be their headache, which means these ridiculous games will have to stop. :P

joe
8th April 2008, 03:07 PM
J Jayalalithaa demanded that Chief Minister M Karunanidhi should resign over the Hogenakkal water dispute with neighbouring Karnataka state.
:lol:

selvakumar
8th April 2008, 03:31 PM
There are some advantages to that approach. Then providing drinking water for Dharmapuri and irrigation for the farmers in Thanjavur will be their headache, which means these ridiculous games will have to stop. :P[/quote]
:notthatway: enna ippadi solliteenga.. Annan Vattal nagraj ah kurachu mathipidureenga.

> He will say that water will be given to those who know kannada only. speak kannada, talk kannada and walk kannada :wink:
> All theatre halls in TN will be forced to screen kannada movies after that
> MK va naadu kadathuvaar

wrap07
8th April 2008, 03:31 PM

I think You have confused between Indian national and Indian Race ..when you talk about Loyalty towards nation ,it should be based on your citizenship.

There are Tamils in Singapore ,Malaysia ,who came here some 100 years back ,but now singapore ,malaysian Citizen ...Race wise they are Indians and Lingustic wise they are Thamizhs ,but they are Loyal to Singapore and Malaysia only as they are citizens there .They cannot be loyal to India than their country any more ..But Still they are loyal to their Language Thamizh and it cannot be controlled.

There is no confusion. I was mentioning about people of this Country who should be loyal and committed to our mother land. I feel that if unity of the country as a whole is kept in mind whenever we come across any critical issues, they can be resolved.

I am only expressing my anguish that great country like ours should not suffer.

My points regarding people obtaining other countries citizenship is wrong.

wrap07
8th April 2008, 03:48 PM
It is also a fact that arrogant attitude of our neighbouring states towards our state is totally unjustified.

It is a proud fact that we tamils have contributed to the developement of each and every sphere of nation building right from independence movement to present day activities and we deserve really better treatment.

sarna_blr
8th April 2008, 03:57 PM
Pls hold ur discussions for 6 months.... :lol2:

wrap07
8th April 2008, 04:03 PM

:lol: :D

wrap07
8th April 2008, 05:11 PM
Sonia asked TN CM to defer Hogenakkal project

Tuesday, 08 April , 2008, 16:05
Last Updated: Tuesday, 08 April , 2008, 16:11

Bangalore: It was AICC president Sonia Gandhi's intervention that saw the Hogenakkal project being put on hold temporarily, Congress said on Tuesday.

"Congress president Sonia Gandhi spoke to Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M Karunanidhi and requested him to defer the project", the party's media department head, M Veerappa Moily told a press conference in Bangalore.

Also read: Hogenakkal project not shelved, only put on hold: Karunanidhi | Jaya slams TN CM | Special | Full coverage

"Sonia has a special love for Karnataka," he said.

The statement comes two days after Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M Karunanidhi said he decided to put on hold the project to discuss it with the new government to be elected after polls in Karnataka, in order to prevent escalation of violence in both the States.

The Chief Minister had also said his decision was not based on request made by Congress and he did so considering the welfare of the people of both the States.

Pro-Kannada groups had taken to the streets protesting the Tamil Nadu government's stand on implementing the project, while in Tamil Nadu there were protests against Karnataka's opposition to the project.

The Tamil film industry also supported the government stand observing a fast in Chennai while its Karnataka counterparts staged a dharna in Bangalore.

BJP and JD-S have described the temporary truce as a "conspiracy" between the Congress and DMK.

Thirumaran
8th April 2008, 05:52 PM

:rotfl: :thumbsup:

sriranga
8th April 2008, 07:05 PM
jaylalitha in TIMES NOW - "hogenekkal kudineer thittathil karnatakavirku urimai undu endru koorugiraara? hogenekkal kudineer thittathai niraivetra thunivillatha, thraaniattra, kozhaithanamaana mudhal amaichar padhavi vilaga vendum"

SoftSword
8th April 2008, 07:07 PM
avanga kaekkura kaelvi nyayam dhaan...

but inno evlo naalaikku ipdi sense illama padhavi vilaga vaendum'nu pesuvaanga....
will anybody do that...

ipdi mokkaya pesuradhula makkalukku ivangaloda nyayamana kaelvi kooda comedya dhaan theriyudhu...

Dilbert
8th April 2008, 07:22 PM
Dilbert brother,
Time and again, you are trying to prove as if MK started the whole thing. Let me repeat it again. It was karnataka BJP (yeddygaaru) that started all these things. They were entering the Hogenakkal area time & again and claiming that it is a part of karnataka. For almost a month, MK was silent on this issue. OTOH, other parties asked him to react strongly and few of them did it much before him. Only then, MK reacted to the issue.
Even after this, you want to believe that Mk started this game much before KN BJP and he wanted to play politics much before them, I have no issues. :)

Selva & Others : I am really shocked that some people are hell bent in believing this theory. Water probelm is not new to me or people who have lived in this region. we know who does what and more important WHEN.just by reading few newspaper like Daily Thanthi and Daily Malar, few websites lotz of conclusions are drawn here. Just bcoz Today we are living away from our homeland. Doesn't give rite to SOMEONE to be making sweeping Statements about Individuals without having any clue about what they are talking . We know how it feels when you get water for 2hour (once is 3 -4 days) We know how it feels to stand in the borewell que from morning 2o clock. We know how many petty fights over water leads to killings We lived thru that dark era. Today situations has improved thanxs to new innovations.

Starting of this thread I wrote a my first post. pl Go back read it carefully. I never deined that BJP is taking political mileage out of this situation.No one can refuse it , if someone does than its called stupidity. All I am saying , TIMING OF THE PROJECT (This was intentional was my argument and I stand by this even now) is wat triggered the whole mess.

Some of posts are really disheartening. Its better I am off this subject bcoz as I said earlier any one can get away with anything with just raising Water issue. I am sorry guys there is nothing personal here. I really don't want to get in to arguments which hurts anyones feelings.

Selva and Others I think you guys have seen many such political issue in your lives. so your experience looks more commanding than , what I know my whole life. :) SO I whole heartedly accept what you guys say.!!

A BIG YESSS to you all :notworthy:

app_engine
8th April 2008, 07:28 PM

Good and evil come from the same society. If people start accepting the good, bad elements will automatically be eleminated.

People may enjoy action movies. But, they also know that violence in movies are just an act. Or else how a lean frame can massacre 50 well built goondas and fly from here and there like a bird. Movies are just a imaginary world meant for enjoyment only not for replication at home.

But, no ordinary human will enjoy bloodshed in his home or in his neighbourhood if he has any sense of human value.

Wrap07, another interesting post. It's really appreciable to see such posts that are reasonable and also with optimistic, positive attitude:-)

Per my personal observation (which can also be testified by the recent history), that the very fact that we don't get such "great leaders" anymore - that is those with conviction in principles, does it not somewhat reflect the attitude of the public in general? Don't you think "people" in general are a lot more self-centered compared to a few decades before? Are you convinced that the youth are trained in such a way that they become self-sacrificing, principled leaders in the future?

Reg violence in movies / media - While everyone hates to see blood in their home / neighborhood, there'll still be some "numbing effect" to violence in the minds of people as they are being fed with such all the time in entertainment / games / media. This way the "shocking things" of yesteryears are no longer "thrilling" anymore and more goriness and bloodshed is needed on screen.

And this plays into the minds over a period of time, making them fertile grounds for violent thoughts - only waiting for an unfortunate moment to break out in action:-(

selvakumar
8th April 2008, 07:33 PM
Dilbert brother,
There is nothing personal here. (I hope I haven't gone personal in my replies to you :) ). At times, I / We make sweeping statements. I am not rejecting it. However, for this issue I can't blame MK fully nor I can leave him out of this too. i just replied to your comments on MK. We seem to disagree a lot w.r.t BJP and MK. Also, Few of your posts were little bit mislead (atleast for me). Esp Mullai periyaar issue. That is why, I was also reacting. There was nothing personal in my posts :)

Selva and Others I think you guys have seen many such political issue in your lives. so your experience looks more commanding than , what I know my whole life
:shock: :( We are all extracting the information from the sources only (Dailythanthi, Dinamalar etc). At times, we process many of them. For e.g., I was also taking cauvery issue lightly before entering bangalore. I just react to issues triggered on this. The next generation will grow with these things in their mind since they are also fed with the same info sources :) At one point of time, few might even think that erode, ooty etc belong to KN. We should not mislead our future generation. The same applies to getting classical status for tamil.

I am not sure whether kannada was stopped deliberately from getting that status through political games. If it is really, then let us hope that a karnataka govt forms with a grip over centre and they get it for their language too :)

It is as simple as that :) .

MrJudge
8th April 2008, 07:44 PM
Selva,

:clap: for your posts, I fully agree with you.

Dilbert,

want to reply to your posts, caught up with work, will do when time permits.

Dilbert
8th April 2008, 07:54 PM
Dilbert brother,
There is nothing personal here. (I hope I haven't gone personal in my replies to you :) ). At times, I / We make sweeping statements. I am not rejecting it. However, for this issue I can't blame MK fully nor I can leave him out of this too. i just replied to your comments on MK. We seem to disagree a lot w.r.t BJP and MK. Also, Few of your posts were little bit mislead (atleast for me). Esp Mullai periyaar issue. That is why, I was also reacting. There was nothing personal in my posts :)

:D ok Selva sorry for Misleading you guys with wrong info. Kannanda Classical Status or Telugu Classical Status .. whatz that got to do with me ??

I am a Tamilian with infleunce of 6 Native Langugages and 4 International Languges 5th in learning process Chinese :lol: (some projects are likely to comeup there by end of this year). I use languge for communication and ONLY for this purpose and for nothing else to be more specific.. My Languge doesn't decide where I belong. my Motherland does. :D hope it clarifies your doubt.

Sare Sleva PM pannungoo.. Whenever you get some time. take care. see ya.

selvakumar
8th April 2008, 08:04 PM
I am a Tamilian with infleunce of 6 Native Langugages and 4 International Languges 5th in learning process Chinese :lol: (some projects are likely to comeup there by end of this year). I use languge for communication and ONLY for this purpose and for nothing else to be more specific.. My Languge doesn't decide where I belong. my Motherland does. :D hope it clarifies your doubt.

Sare Sleva PM pannungoo.. Whenever you get some time. take care. see ya.

:shock: :shock: Deivamae, neenga engayoe poyiteenga (read this like aboorva sagodarargal dialogue) :) will PM you :) Take care. Must say : enjoyed discussing few things with you and it was good to see different perspectives :D

wrap07
8th April 2008, 08:12 PM

Wrap07, another interesting post. It's really appreciable to see such posts that are reasonable and also with optimistic, positive attitude:-)

Per my personal observation (which can also be testified by the recent history), that the very fact that we don't get such "great leaders" anymore - that is those with conviction in principles, does it not somewhat reflect the attitude of the public in general? Don't you think "people" in general are a lot more self-centered compared to a few decades before? Are you convinced that the youth are trained in such a way that they become self-sacrificing, principled leaders in the future?

Reg violence in movies / media - While everyone hates to see blood in their home / neighborhood, there'll still be some "numbing effect" to violence in the minds of people as they are being fed with such all the time in entertainment / games / media. This way the "shocking things" of yesteryears are no longer "thrilling" anymore and more goriness and bloodshed is needed on screen.

And this plays into the minds over a period of time, making them fertile grounds for violent thoughts - only waiting for an unfortunate moment to break out in action:-(

I totally agree. and I am happy u understood. Yes. The people have become more self centred when compared with the past and there are no serious efforts towards training our youth towards cherished ideals. We get leaders whom we deserve by way of our actions or inactions.

Reg movies also, i agree. You hit the nails head when you mentioned that yesteryear shocks are absorbed quite easily and may ferment violent actions.

We can only hope for better things which is long due.

SoftSword
9th April 2008, 11:34 AM
உண்ணாவிரதம்: 'அர்த்தமில்லாதது'-பாரதிராஜா
புதன்கிழமை, ஏப்ரல் 9, 2008

சென்னை: தமிழ் திரையுலக நடிகர்-நடிகைகள் நடத்திய உண்ணாவிரத போராட்டத்தில் அர்த்தமே இல்லை, இதனால் தான் அதில் நான் கலந்து கொள்ளவில்லை என டைரக்டர் பாரதிராஜா கூறினார்.

கலைஞர் டிவிக்காக தெக்கித்திப் பொண்ணு என்ற சீரியலை இயக்கி வருகிறார் பாரதிராஜா. இளையராஜா இசையமைக்கும் இந்த சீரியல் வரும் 14ம் தேதி முதல் ஒளிபரப்பாக உள்ளது.

இதுதொடர்பாக நிருபர்களை சந்தித்தார் பாரதிராஜா. அப்போது, தமிழ் திரையுலகமே திரண்டு நடத்திய உண்ணாவிரத போராட்டத்தில் ஏன் கலந்து கொள்ளவில்லை என்று கேட்டதற்கு பாரதிராஜா அளித்த பதில்,

காவிரிப் பிரச்சினை தொடர்பாக நெய்வேலியில் நடிகர்-நடிகைகளை இணைத்து நான் ஒரு போராட்டத்தை உணர்வுப்பூர்வமாக நடத்தினேன். அதில் ஒரு அர்த்தம் இருந்தது. ஆனால் இந்த உண்ணாவிரத போராட்ட பின்னணியில் என்ன அர்த்தம் இருக்கிறது என்று எனக்கு தெரியவில்லை. அத்தோடு இந்த உண்ணாவிரத போராட்டத்தில் ஏன் கலந்து கொள்ளவில்லை என்று இதுவரை என்னிடம் யாரும் விளக்கம் கேட்கவும் இல்லை.

நெய்வேலி போராட்டத்தை நான் நடத்தியதற்கு மறுநாள் ஒரு நடிகர் (ரஜினி) தனியாக ஒரு உண்ணாவிரத போராட்டம் நடத்தினார். அவர் எதற்காக அப்படி தனியாக நடத்தினார் என்பதும் இன்று வரை எனக்கு புரியவில்லை.

ஓகேனக்கல் பிரச்சினையை எடுத்துக் கொண்டால் மற்ற மாநிலத்தில் உள்ளவர்களிடம் இருக்கும் மொழி உணர்வு நம்மிடம் இல்லை என்று தான் சொல்ல வேண்டும்.

வந்தாரை வாழவைக்கும் நிலை தான் தமிழ்நாட்டில் இருந்து வருகிறது. 1962ம் ஆண்டில் நான் பார்த்த அந்த மொழி உணர்வு இப்போது எங்கே போயிற்று? நெருப்பு மாதிரி இருந்த அந்த உணர்வு இப்போது சினிமா-மீடியாக்களால் குறைந்து விட்டது.

யார் எது சொன்னாலும் நம்பி உடனே தலைவராக்கிவிடும் நிலையில் தான் தமிழ் மக்கள் இருக்கிறார்கள்.

என்னை பொறுத்த வரையில் இந்த மண்ணின் மைந்தர்கள் தான் நாடாள வேண்டும். இது மண், இனம், மொழி சம்பந்தப்பட்ட விஷயம். ஒவ்வொரு தமிழனுக்கும் இந்த உணர்வு இருந்தாக வேண்டும்.

உண்ணாவிரத மேடையில் நடிகர் சத்யராஜ் தான் உணர்வுப்பூர்வமாக பேசினார். அந்த தமிழுணர்வை நான் வரவேற்கிறேன். அதே உணர்வுடன் ஏற்றுக்கொள்கிறேன். ஆனால் சக நடிகர் (ரஜினி) பற்றி அவர் பேசியதை மேடை நாகரீகம் கருதியாவது தவிர்த்திருக்க வேண்டும் என்றார் பாரதிராஜா.

selvakumar
9th April 2008, 11:39 AM
Media is interpreting BR's interview in their own way. In tamil cinema.com, he meant like 'saga thozhan meethu kaari thuppuvathaai irukka koodathu'.

mathavanga sollura maari BR intha comment aiyum advantage oda solli irukkaru pola :P

SoftSword
9th April 2008, 12:07 PM
selva...
indhellam namakku verum news dhan...
matthapadi it wont make any impact in our mind...

chumma i just posted this for an update on whats spoken in media...
and true i agree to your point that media is a medium for speculations... :)

wrap07
9th April 2008, 07:38 PM
Tamil stars become mere puppets in Hogenakkal political show

Gopu Mohan

Posted online: Tuesday, April 08, 2008 at 2329 hrs IST

CHENNAI, APRIL 7
A day after Rajnikanth clarified his statements, reportedly made during a fast against Karnataka’s opposition to the Hogenakkal Integrated Drinking Water Project on Friday, social commentators and even cine artistes feel the film industry should not get involved in political issues, unless the personalities have a stated political alignment.

According to popular actor Sarath Kumar, who recently founded the Agila India Samathuva Makkal Katchi (AISMK), apart from protesting Karnataka’s attitude towards the project, the fast was organised in reaction to the attacks against the Tamil film industry in the neighbouring state. “Why is the industry being attacked for a political issue? Here, stars are being forced to react and then retract. Let political issues be handled politically, leaving the actors alone, or we may see more such issues cropping up in future,” said Kumar, who is also president of the influential South Indian Artistes’ Association (Nadigar Sangam).

Actors being stars, any public issue—whether political or not—is taken up by people across Tamil Nadu, where films have long been a strong tributary for the political mainstream.

“Apart from Kamal Haasan and Vijaykanth, others who participated in the fast were whipping up the passion of the public with their speeches. It was obvious that the industry was putting up a show for Chief Minister M Karunanidhi. Actors are incapable of taking these matters with the right seriousness. Unless they are ready to face the consequences, they should not make such statements,” said socio-political commentator and noted playwright Cho Ramaswamy. If they were serious, added Cho, the artistes should have protested against the Chief Minister for putting the project on hold.

In Rajni’s case, his fame and marketability across south India seems to be his undoing. Though other Karnataka-born actors like Arjun and Murali were also present during the fast, it was Rajnikanth and his comments that attracted the public, as well as the attention of the critics.

Despite his off-screen image of a recluse who has intentionally stayed only in the fringes of party politics, Rajnikanth has always been viewed as a potential political star. According to his official biography, the late prime minister PV Narasimha Rao had offered nothing less than the Chief Minister’s chair to get the star into the Congress camp.

In 2002, after he failed to turn up at a previous fast organised at Neyveli following the controversy surrounding the sharing of Cauvery river water, he was forced to stage his own fast in Chennai three days later. Friday’s speech at the fast organised by the South Indian Film Chamber of Commerce (SIFCC) in Chennai must have been an attempt to make amends, but it only resulted in protests directed against him and his films.

Billgates
10th April 2008, 12:51 PM
http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/000200804091410.htm

Moily clarifies on Hogenakkal issue

New Delhi (PTI) Congress leader M Veerappa Moily on Wednesday said the decision to put the Hogenakkal project on hold is absolutely that of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M Karunanidhi.

"...an impression is created that Congress President Sonia Gandhi personally talked to M Karunanidhi, the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, to keep the Hogenakkal project on hold," he said in a statement here, backtracking on his statement in Bangalore on the subject.

Moily, AICC Media Department Chairman, had on Tuesday said that Congress President Sonia Gandhi spoke to Karunanidhi and requested him to defer the project.

"It is clarified that the Congress President is interested in an amicable settlement of the dispute between Karnataka and Tamil Nadu and she is very much concerned about the environment of peace and cordiality between the people of bot the states to prevail," Moily said.

"The gesture on the part of Karunanidhi is very much appreciated by the people of Karnataka," he added.

DMK's opponent AIADMK has charged Karunanidhi with putting the Hogenakkal Water Project on hold expecting a cabinet berth for his daughter MP Kanimozhi.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saagar
11th April 2008, 08:20 AM
Attendence was guided by business interests. Most of the people who kept away from the event Maniratnam, IR,ARR,SPB are people who have projects in many languages other than tamil. Even Bharathiraaja- real reason is his Bommalaatam film which is to release in Tamil & Hindi. He cannot afford to take anagonising stand. Which is why even Kamal was controlled. People like Sathya raaj whose boundary is within Tamil nadu alone have nothing to loose.(Contradiction to this theory is only Rajni & Vijaykanth).

joe
11th April 2008, 09:30 AM
: இப்போது இந்த ஆட்சியில் என்ன தான் தவறு நடந்து விட்டது? ஓகேனக்கல் திட்டம் கைவிடப்பட்டு விட்டதா?, இல்லை!. அது சம்பந்தமான கிளர்ச்சிகளும், வன்முறை வெறியாட்டங்களும் - இப்போது தொடர்ந்து நடந்தால்; அது கர்நாடகா சட்டமன்றப் பொதுத் தேர்தலின்போது மேலும் அராஜகங்கள் நடந்து இரு மாநில மக்களையும் பாதிக்கும் என்பதால்- அந்தத் தேர்தல் நடந்து முடியும் வரையில் கிளர்ச்சிகளுக்கோ, போராட்டங்களுக்கோ இடம் தராமல் அமைதி காப்போம் என்று வேண்டுகோள் விடுத்தது கோழைத்தனமா? அல்லது துரோகமா?

இதோ ஒகனேக்கல் திட்டத்தை; கட்டம் கட்டமாக எப்படி நிறைவேற்றுவது என்று ஏற்கனவே செய்து கொள்ளப்பட்ட ஒப்பந்தத்தில்- அந்தப் பணிகளுக்கான அட்டவணையில் தெளிவாகக் குறிப்பிடப்பட்டுள்ளது. அதைப் புரிந்து கொள்ளாமல் சில அவசரக்காரர்கள்; 'மாலையிலே ஒப்பந்தம்- நள்ளிரவு திட்டம் தொடக்கம்- மறுநாள் காலையிலே திறப்பு விழா' என்பது போல 'மந்திரத்திலே மாங்காய் விழச் செய்வோம்' என்கிறார்களே.

அவர்கள் ஓகேனக்கல் திட்டம் நிறைவேறிடத் தேதி வாரியாக செய்து கொள்ளப்பட்ட அட்டவணையைப் படித்துப் பார்த்து, அதன் பிறகாவது விஷயத்தைப் புரிந்து கொள்வார்களாக!.

இதோ அந்த மாதாந்திரவாரியான ஓகேனக்கல் திட்ட செயல்பாட்டு கால அட்டவணைக் குறிப்பு:

1. திட்ட மேற்பார்வை ஆலோசகர் நியமனம் (இது போன்ற திட்டங்களுக்கு இந்த நியமனம் தான் முதலில் செய்யப்பட வேண்டும்) இவரை நியமிப்பதற்கு ஒப்பந்தப்புள்ளி கோரப்பட்டது- பிப்ரவரி 2008. ஒப்பந்தப் புள்ளி பெற இறுதி நாள்- மார்ச் 2008. இதைப்பற்றி முடிவெடுத்தல்- ஜூலை 2008.

2. விரிவான திட்ட அறிக்கையையும் மற்றும் ஒப்பந்தப் புள்ளி ஆவணங்களையும் திட்ட மேற்பார்வை ஆலோசகர் ஆய்வு செய்தல்- அக்டோபர் 2008.

3.ஓகேனக்கல் திட்டத்திற்கான ஒப்பந்தப் புள்ளிகளை கோருதல்-டிசம்பர் 2008.

4. திட்டத்திற்கான ஒப்பந்தப் புள்ளிகளை பரிசீலனை செய்து, முடிவெடுத்து திட்டத்தைத் தொடங்குதல்- மார்ச் 2009.

5. திட்டம் முடிவடைதல் -டிசம்பர் 2012.

இவ்வாறு ஓகேனக்கல் திட்டத்திற்கான பேச்சுவார்த் தையின்போது, ஒவ்வொரு பணிக்குமான காலக்கெடு குறிக்கப்பட்டு; 2012 டிசம்பர் மாதம் தான் திட்டம் முடிவடையும் என்றிருக்கும்போது,

சில அவசரக்காரக் கட்சித் தலைவர்கள் (சரத்குமார்) அரசியலிலும் 'ஸ்டண்ட்' என்று ஆரம்பித்தால் அது நடக்கிற காரியமா என்பதை ஆர அமர உட்கார்ந்து ஆலோசித்திட வேண்டாமா?

கேள்வி: மத்திய அரசு ரூ. 60,000 கோடி ரூபாய் கடன் தள்ளுபடி அறிவித்திருப்பதை பா.ம.க. நிறுவனத் தலைவர் டாக்டர் ராமதாஸ் மயக்கமாக இருந்தவருக்கு தண்ணீர் தெளித்தது மாதிரி என்று கூறியிருக்கிறாரே என்ற கேள்விக்கு நீங்கள் பதிலளிக்கும்போது, மருத்துவத்துக்கு முதல் உதவி எவ்வளவு அவசியமோ, அது செய்யப்பட்டுள்ளது என்று சொல்லியிருந்தீர்கள். மயக்கத்துக்கு காரணம் கண்டுபிடித்து அதற்கு மருந்து அளிக்க வேண்டுமென்றும், முதலுதவியுடன் நின்று விடக் கூடாதென்றும் மீண்டும் சொல்லியிருக்கிறாரே?

பதில்: கடன் ரத்து செய்வதோடு நின்று விடாமல், தொடர்ந்து அவர்கள் மீண்டும் கடன் பெறவும், வேளாண்மை அபிவிருத்திக்கான பல்வேறு உதவிகளையும், சலுகைகளையும் செய்வதும் தான் முதல் உதவிக்குப் பிறகு முறையே மருந்து கொடுக்கும் காரியங்கள். அந்தப் பணிகளும் முறையாக மத்திய, மாநில அரசுகளால் செய்யப்பட்டுத்தானே வருகின்றன!.

இவ்வாறு கருணாநிதி கூறியுள்ளார்.

http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/news/2008/04/10/tn-karunanidhi-hits-out-at-sarath-kumar.html

Murali Srinivas
11th April 2008, 06:45 PM
ஜோ,

என்ன எல்லா திரியிலும் ஒரே ஆவேசமாக பேசி கொண்டிருக்கிறீர்கள்?

ரஜினி - சத்யராஜ், ஓகேனக்கல், இட ஒதுக்கீடு, தமிழ் புத்தாண்டு எல்லா இடங்களிலும் உங்கள் கோப முத்திரை பதிந்திருக்குதே?

ஜாலியான ஜோவை பார்த்து நாளாச்சு.

அன்புடன்

joe
11th April 2008, 10:18 PM
ஜாலியான ஜோவை பார்த்து நாளாச்சு.

அன்புடன்

ஆகா! :) மாறிடுவோம் முரளி சார் ..எல்லாம் ஒரு கருத்து பரிவர்த்தனை தானே. :)

joe
15th April 2008, 12:42 PM
ஞானி கருத்து

http://suduvadusukam.blogspot.com/2008/04/blog-post_15.html

app_engine
15th April 2008, 08:57 PM
Nice link, Joe. Gnani does a 'Cho' act here, exposing the TN politicians for their procrastination of a program that the state govt. should actually be focussing on as an emergency situation.

After reading this article, one even tends to think as to what was the original motive of proposing this project - whether it was really to get drinking water to people or something else. I can't help comparing the current 'Kumudam' with that of my childhood (it used to be a purely jolly magazine but can definitely boast of some social consciousness now)

app_engine
15th April 2008, 11:32 PM
The Gnani article states that the Bangalore water project has already been implemented (though both got approved just about the same time). If that is a fact, then one or more of the following is/are true:

a) KA politicians, while being corrupt and aggressive toward neighbor state, are quicker in implementing local welfare projects
b) Cities with commercial importance get quicker implementation of projects compared to villages
c) Only commercial cities get anything implemented worthwhile while villages languish lacking very basic facilities
d) TN politicians, while favouring peace with neighbor, talk a lot more than act for the welfare of locals
e) Politicians in TN are more willing to criticize each other than to focus on needs of the people
f) Center discriminates in funding processes between states
g) Water is going to be more of a major issue everywhere (not just between TN and neighbors) in the coming years as needs grow and sources become erratic
h) Simple things like pumping drinking water to villages from a river can cost >1000 cr thereby necessitating 'foreign' assistance (I read somewhere that desalination plant for a big city like Chennai will cost a similar amount only)
i) All this hue and cry will die down shortly and villagers will continue to suffer while actors got publicity, politicians got votes, media got money...may be until next election:-(

app_engine
16th April 2008, 12:01 AM
An interesting article (though a little dated):
http://pib.nic.in/feature/feyr2003/faug2003/f110820032.html

app_engine
30th April 2008, 12:43 AM
Question for those in Bangalore - Is this issue used much in the election campaign as the polls are around the corner?

joe
26th May 2008, 10:49 AM
வாட்டாள் நாகராஜ் தோல்வி-டெபாசிட்டையும் இழந்தார் :D

பெங்களூர்: கர்நாடக சட்டசபைத் தேர்தலில் போட்டியிட்ட வாட்டாள் நாகராஜ், டெபாசிட் இழந்து படுதோல்வி அடைந்தார்.

கன்னட சளுவாளி இயக்கம் என்ற அமைப்பின் தலைவர்தான் வாட்டாள். இதுதவிர கர்நாடக எல்லைப் பாதுகாப்பு இயக்கத்தின் ஒருங்கிணைப்பாளராகவும் பணியாற்றி வருகிறார்.

தமிழர்களுக்கு எதிராக அடிக்கடி போராட்டம் நடத்தி வருபவர் வாட்டாள். தமிழர்களுக்கு எதிரானவர். சமீபத்தில் கூட ஓகனேக்கல் விவகாரத்தில் போராட்டம் நடத்தியவர்.

முன்னாள் எம்.எல்.ஏவான வாட்டாள், சமீபத்திய சட்டசபைத் தேர்தலில் சாம்ராஜ் நகர் தொகுதியில் போட்டியிட்டார். காங்கிரஸ் சார்பில், புட்டரங்க ஷெட்டி, பாஜக சார்பில், மகாதேவ் ஆகியோர் போட்டியிட்டனர்.

இதில் காங்கிரஸ் வேட்பாளர் ஷெட்டி வெற்றி பெற்றார். வாட்டாள் நாகராஜ், வெறும் 11, 413 வாக்குகளை மட்டுமே பெற்று டெபாசிட்டைப் பறிகொடுத்து படுதோல்வி அடைந்தார்.

http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/news/2008/05/26/india-losers-of-the-karnataka-battle.html

Sanjeevi
26th May 2008, 11:07 AM
சும்மா தமிழ் தமிழன்-னு பேசி குறுகிய வட்டத்துக்குள் குண்டுசட்டி ஓட்டுவதலோ அல்லது ஓட்டுகிறவர்களாலோ இந்த பிரச்சினைகளை தீர்க்க முடியாது. தேவை காந்தி மாதிரி எல்லைகளை தாண்டி சிந்திப்பவர்கள்.

Repeate the first sentence with Kannada instead of Tamil

joe
26th May 2008, 02:10 PM
தேவை காந்தி மாதிரி எல்லைகளை தாண்டி சிந்திப்பவர்கள்.

காந்திக்கும் எல்லை உண்டு தம்பி ..காந்தி எல்லா எல்லைகலையும் தாண்டியவரென்றால் சுதந்திரம் கேட்டிருக்கவே முடியாது :huh:

cm123
26th May 2008, 02:25 PM

காந்திக்கும் எல்லை உண்டு தம்பி ..காந்தி எல்லா எல்லைகலையும் தாண்டியவரென்றால் சுதந்திரம் கேட்டிருக்கவே முடியாது :huh:

BJP won.Ippa What MK and Congresss are going to do?

SoftSword
26th May 2008, 02:31 PM

They will hibernate this project...

selvakumar
26th May 2008, 02:34 PM
saffron in souther india :( It is time for regional parties in south to pull up their socks and concentrate more on administration and people welfare. Only this can change their face in the public mind and will block futher penetration of Saffron. what a disappointing day yesterday was :(

Sanjeevi
26th May 2008, 02:46 PM

காந்திக்கும் எல்லை உண்டு தம்பி ..

yes I agree, but the problem how thick or thin the line is. Many of us have built a 10 feet concrete wall. Moreover, it is not international problem, it is a problem within a nation. ellam vote bank arasiyal...

காந்தி எல்லா எல்லைகலையும் தாண்டியவரென்றால் சுதந்திரம் கேட்டிருக்கவே முடியாது :huh:

நீங்க என்ன சொல்ல வர்றீங்க? குறுகிய வட்டத்துக்குள் சிந்தித்து செயல்படுபவர்கள் மட்டும்தான் சுதந்திரம் கேட்பாங்களா?

ஒரு கொஸ்டின், உலகம் முழுதுக்குமான மக்களுக்காக போராடிய தலைவர் யார்?

joe
26th May 2008, 03:47 PM
நீங்க என்ன சொல்ல வர்றீங்க? குறுகிய வட்டத்துக்குள் சிந்தித்து செயல்படுபவர்கள் மட்டும்தான் சுதந்திரம் கேட்பாங்களா?

ஒரு கொஸ்டின், உலகம் முழுதுக்குமான மக்களுக்காக போராடிய தலைவர் யார்?

அதை நீங்க தான் சொல்லணும் ..நீங்க தானே காந்தி எல்லைகளை தாண்டி சிந்திப்பவர்-ன்னு சொன்னீங்க ? :huh: .அப்புறம் என் கிட்ட கேள்வி கேட்டா எப்படி ? :roll:

joe
26th May 2008, 03:49 PM

They will hibernate this project...

No..It will be absolutely otherway ..TN will go ahead with this project without any pressure from Central/collation at this moment :D

podalangai
26th May 2008, 04:23 PM
saffron in souther india :( It is time for regional parties in south to pull up their socks and concentrate more on administration and people welfare.
Karnataka is different from other bits of South India - its politics has always been dominated by regional parties, and it hasn't had independent regional parties. KCP, JD(S), etc. are / were really just breakway state units of national parties - they don't have a distinctive regional agenda, unlike the regional parties in AP and TN. It's also worth noting that the BJP's performance was strongest in northern Karnataka, and weakest in southern Karnataka - there are cultural differences between the two bits. So contrary to what the media says, this isn't necessarily a sign of a wider shift in South Indian politics.

Anyway, let's see what impact this has on TN-Karnataka relations, and the centre's attitude towards the two states. Hopefully, with the elections out of the way, our political masters will abandon some of the more cynical stances they've taken over the past few months and move towards finding a constructive solution.

sriranga
26th May 2008, 04:24 PM
:notworthy: to people of Karnataka for giving BJP a chance.

According to congress, 34% of people of karnataka are communal.
Secular vote ellam pirinchiduchaam. pongada en vendrungalaa. Inime anchu varusham endha dirty tricksum pannaama opposition-la irunga.

SM Krishna :notworthy: only congress leader who is graceful in defeat.

Hope BJP lives up to the expectations of the poeple of karnataka.
indru bangalore, veguviraivil hyderabad and chennai.

P.S. election time-la opinion poll -nuttu thappu thappa predict panra channel karanunga moonchile evallu kari posinaalum thiruntha porathillai. Highlight was CNN-IBN "surprisingly, price rise is not an issue in this election"- aam. ippidi usupethi usupethiye congress-a gaali pannitaainga.

joe
26th May 2008, 05:16 PM
:lol: :rotfl:

selvakumar
26th May 2008, 06:07 PM
:rotfl2: :thumbsup:
Sriranga,
"VeguViraivil" here refers to "Light years" esp w.r.t to Chennai @ TN :) I hope he would have referred to BJP contesting the elections as a SINGLE PARTY without any alliance similar to KN. :D

selvakumar
26th May 2008, 06:11 PM
Karnataka is different from other bits of South India - its politics has always been dominated by regional parties, and it hasn't had independent regional parties. KCP, JD(S), etc. are / were really just breakway state units of national parties - they don't have a distinctive regional agenda, unlike the regional parties in AP and TN. It's also worth noting that the BJP's performance was strongest in northern Karnataka, and weakest in southern Karnataka - there are cultural differences between the two bits. So contrary to what the media says, this isn't necessarily a sign of a wider shift in South Indian politics.

Anyway, let's see what impact this has on TN-Karnataka relations, and the centre's attitude towards the two states. Hopefully, with the elections out of the way, our political masters will abandon some of the more cynical stances they've taken over the past few months and move towards finding a constructive solution.
Podalangai,
You may be right. I don't know much about the nature of KN politics. But I do see a lot of BJP supporters here. I think JDS went with the term "support regional parties since others lack vision" in its election campaign. Funny that a state doesn't have a single party with a clear regional agenda and vision. I think the situation is more close to Kerala (CPI & Congress). Anyway, JDS had bitten the dust and that will relax the people of KN a bit.

Punnaimaran
26th May 2008, 06:20 PM

NizhaLai kaiyil pidikka pArkkirIrgaL ???

rocketboy
26th May 2008, 06:25 PM
-edited-

sriranga
27th May 2008, 07:49 AM
:rotfl2: :thumbsup:
Sriranga,
"VeguViraivil" here refers to "Light years" esp w.r.t to Chennai @ TN :) I hope he would have referred to BJP contesting the elections as a SINGLE PARTY without any alliance similar to KN. :D

AFAIK, light years refer to distance. I am talking about time here.

DMK, ADMK themselves are having 8 party / 4 party alliance-aam.

BJP with upcoming Mr. Vijayakanth can be lethal dose for others.

IMO, BJP on its own can do it in 15 to 20 years.

velavaasi ippadiye eruchinaa Mr. aam aadmi innum seekiramave bjp-a aatchi amaikka vaithuviduvaargal. :lol2:

P.S. i believe freebies won't work all the time.

joe
27th May 2008, 09:15 AM
Sriranga,
கனவு காணுங்கள்-ன்னு அப்துல் கலாம் சொல்லியிருக்கார் .அதனால உங்களுக்கு உரிமை உண்டு :)

All the Best :thumbsup:

MADDY
27th May 2008, 09:35 AM
i'm sure there will be no "vazha vazha kozha kozha" with BJP into power in karnataka.......hogenekkal issue irukka illayannu theliva therinjudum.......... :) ....pala aandu kaalamaana indo-pak issue-vaye annal vajpayee oru nodiyila theerthu vechhittaru :notworthy: ..........this is what i like abt BJP, vettu onnu thundu rendu 8-) .........

if u wanna hate BJp bcos they caused gujarat riots, then i can quote congress mass-killings of sardars during 84 sikh riots and CPI's cannibalism in nandigram..........if u wanna hate BJP for ram sethu issue, i wanna say, congress took a defensive step saying, we never talked abt ram there....... :lol: :lol: .......if BJP is communal, congress is confusion............confusion that has stopped country's growth at every step in history

so, if we measure them on their abilities alone - i think BJP is light years ahead.............though tamilnadu is a far fetched dream :)

sriranga
27th May 2008, 10:11 AM
i'm sure there will be no "vazha vazha kozha kozha" with BJP into power in karnataka.......hogenekkal issue irukka illayannu theliva therinjudum.......... :) ....pala aandu kaalamaana indo-pak issue-vaye annal vajpayee oru nodiyila theerthu vechhittaru :notworthy: ..........this is what i like abt BJP, vettu onnu thundu rendu 8-) .........

if u wanna hate BJp bcos they caused gujarat riots, then i can quote congress mass-killings of sardars during 84 sikh riots and CPI's cannibalism in nandigram..........if u wanna hate BJP for ram sethu issue, i wanna say, congress took a defensive step saying, we never talked abt ram there....... :lol: :lol: .......if BJP is communal, congress is confusion............confusion that has stopped country's growth at every step in history

so, if we measure them on their abilities alone - i think BJP is light years ahead.............though tamilnadu is a far fetched dream :)

:thumbsup:

ajithfederer
27th May 2008, 11:00 AM
Saying congress couldnt do much for price rise is :rotfl:. Give me a break please :). With growing gas prices and food prices even BJP can't do much about the situation unless the situation changes globally :P

IMHO, All it can do is to change the government in an state other than that it could do nothing much 8-).

MADDY
27th May 2008, 11:40 AM
if BJP is communal, congress is confusion............confusion that has stopped country's growth at every step in history

congress have lost last 4 consecutive assembly elections till now :lol: :lol: - Himachal, Gujarat, tripura and now karnataka.............hope BJP comes to power next year and implement good projects like golden quadrilateral and other basic infrastructure schemes that have been neglected by the family parties..........

but they should give ram mandir, ram sethu, hogenekkal issues a miss.......that shuldnt be their identity - they are a progressive capitalist party which is how ppl. should perceive them 8-)

selvakumar
27th May 2008, 12:15 PM
AFAIK, light years refer to distance. I am talking about time here.
Ya. Thanks for the correction. Let me put it this way, BJP should travel LIGHT YEARS of distance to win it. :D

BJP with upcoming Mr. Vijayakanth can be lethal dose for others.

Could be. But you should also note that VK is getting the votes of people who doesn't want any of these two parties and the national parties. They want a fresh govt and a coalition will eat VK's vote share.

IMO, BJP on its own can do it in 15 to 20 years.
IMO, BJP will never do that.

velavaasi ippadiye eruchinaa Mr. aam aadmi innum seekiramave bjp-a aatchi amaikka vaithuviduvaargal. :lol2:
This can happen for the lok sabha elections. Congress govt sucks big time. BTW, BJP vantha ore naal ah velaiya kurachiduvaanga :thumbsup: They lost the previous elections on this ground only. So, there won't be a surprise ifBJP wins this time.
I hope BJP will contest as a SINGLE PARTY and win in TN like they did in KN. That is what you can call as a BJP GOVT :D

joe
27th May 2008, 12:16 PM
People talking as if Congress lost the power to BJP in Karnataka ..In reality JD lost it's grip and it gained BJP to maximum extend and Congress to some extend.

Congress gained 15 more seats compare to last election.
(Btw I am not a congress supporter :huh:)

joe
27th May 2008, 12:19 PM
BTW, BJP vantha ore naal ah velaiya kurachiduvaanga :thumbsup:

Yeah :lol: ..Vilaivaasi KuRaippu is just a SWITCH ,P.Chidamparam cannot switch ON and BJP people can easily switch ON. :lol:

selvakumar
27th May 2008, 12:19 PM
pala aandu kaalamaana indo-pak issue-vaye annal vajpayee oru nodiyila theerthu vechhittaru
Maddy, :roll:

selvakumar
27th May 2008, 12:25 PM
I am wondering whether any govt will stop online trading, "fixing of price through deals" and other basic factors that are triggering this price rise

I read in a book that cuba president Castro banned light weight vehicles in his country to reduce the import of crude oil. (converting Auto's into cycle rickshaws, eliminating Taxis etc)

Come on, If cuba can do it why not us :D Our govt should seriously consider this to improve our economy and make it less dependent on OIL :D

joe
27th May 2008, 12:25 PM
Selva,
As I told earlier ,unlike you ,I predict ,BJP come to power in Karnataka is good for Hokenagal project .

TN don't have to get approval from KN for this project ..Kalainjar put it on hold just because it may affect congress in this election ..Now election is completed and Congress is not ruling in KN ..So kalainjar will go ahead with project .. Central Govt or Congress party will not give any pressure any more.

KN BJP govt solluratha intha kaathula vaangi antha kaathula vittu poyittee irukka vendiyathu thaan.

Hope this will happen :)

joe
27th May 2008, 12:29 PM
Come on, If cuba can do it why not us :D Our govt should seriously consider this to improve our economy and make it less dependent on OIL :D

Many countries doing indirect methods and campaigns for it ..For example ,In singapore they are trying to restrict no of cars by huge license amount ( licence is almost equal to car price) and putting lot of ERP charges ..and they improved public transportation (MRT ,Bus) and encourage people to use public transport ..( MRT is the best to reach a place in accurate time planing)

selvakumar
27th May 2008, 12:30 PM
Joe,
I am not sure whether that will happen :( I am losing faith in MK. I am not sure whether we will quickly complete this project to pull our poor guys out of the fluoride affected water. :( I am also worrying about Sethu canal project too. MK should go with full force and should complete the project ASAP. I am not seeing any of our parties winning 40/40 seats in MP elections in the future. We might not have full grip in the centre like we have now.

joe
27th May 2008, 12:34 PM
Joe,
I am not sure whether that will happen :( I am losing faith in MK. I am not sure whether we will quickly complete this project to pull our poor guys out of the fluoride affected water. :

I don't know how quick you are expecting :roll: .As per the original plan ,Hokenagal project will complete in 2012 ,and recently(2 days ago) General secratary said it is on schedule.

selvakumar
27th May 2008, 12:34 PM
Many countries doing indirect methods and campaigns for it ..For example ,In singapore they are trying to restrict no of cars by huge license amount ( licence is almost equal to car price) and putting lot of ERP charges ..and they improved public transportation (MRT ,Bus) and encourage people to use public transport ..( MRT is the best to reach a place in accurate time planing)
wow :D But I am not sure whether this is possible in our country. But if it is, it would yield great benefits. May be, our govt can follow Singapore. But they might be blamed for creating policies only for rich and not for the middle class. This can happen since cars like nano are hitting the market :oops:

selvakumar
27th May 2008, 12:35 PM
I don't know how quick you are expecting :roll: .As per the original plan ,Hokenagal project will complete in 2012 ,and recently(2 days ago) General secratary said it is on schedule.
The biggest problem is the court and the other procedures. If they get a stay for this project, we might never be able to complete the project. BJP will try everything to stop TN from implementing this project.

joe
27th May 2008, 12:38 PM
The biggest problem is the court and the other procedures. If they get a stay for this project, we might never be able to complete the project. BJP will try everything to stop TN from implementing this project.

I don't think KN can do anything with court ..KN govt already given no objection and that is the proof .

They also know that Project is planned inside TN ,so they cannot do anything ..That is why the started to claim the area itself belonged to Karnataka ,which also cannot be proved legally ..So I am confident.

whatever happened was just for the election gimmicks.

joe
27th May 2008, 12:43 PM
Selva,
Moreover TN BJP Ila.Ganesan romba speed-a irukkaru :lol: ..He will make Ediyurappa to understand :roll:

Btw ,I really appreciate Ila.Ganesan in this matter ,he was very bold,honest in this matter from the begining :clap:

selvakumar
27th May 2008, 12:44 PM
I don't think KN can do anything with court ..KN govt already given no objection and that is the proof .

They also know that Project is planned inside TN ,so they cannot do anything ..That is why the started to claim the area itself belonged to Tamil nadu ,which also cannot be proved legally ..So I am confident.

whatever happened was just for the election gimmicks.
Let us see Joe. :D
I would be the most happiest person if this happens. :D
Innum 5 years irukkah intha project mudiya. :(
Vattal had been shown the door by KN people :lol:
I hope Yeddy gets the same from TN govt 8-)

joe
27th May 2008, 12:46 PM
Innum 5 years irukkah intha project mudiya. :(

It is a huge project-ppa 8-)

Not just for a town ,It is for more than 2 districts . :)

selvakumar
27th May 2008, 12:50 PM
Selva,
Moreover TN BJP Ila.Ganesan romba speed-a irukkaru :lol: ..He will make Ediyurappa to understand :roll:

Btw ,I really appreciate Ila.Ganesan in this matter ,he was very bold,honest in this matter from the begining :clap:

TN la aatchi amaikka BJP thayaar aaguthu pola :clap:
Anyway, nallathu nadantha sari :D

joe
27th May 2008, 12:53 PM
Selva,

TN la aatchi amaikka BJP thayaar aaguthu pola :clap:
Anyway, nallathu nadantha sari :D

Ila.Ganesan-kku eppavume kalainjar kitta oru soft corner undu ..Ippa kalainjar hospital-la irunthu vantha piragu poi meet panninar :) .Ofcourse cho also met kalainjar (Enna pesiruppanga :lol: Cho : Unga puNNiyathula Thuglak circulation nallave poyittirukku :lol: )

sriranga
27th May 2008, 01:03 PM
People talking as if Congress lost the power to BJP in Karnataka ..In reality JD lost it's grip and it gained BJP to maximum extend and Congress to some extend.

Congress gained 15 more seats compare to last election.
(Btw I am not a congress supporter :huh:)

congress lost ground in its strong areas - tribal belt bordering andhra to bjp.

bjp held on to its strong areas - coastal ( mangalore, udupi), central karnataka and north ( bordering maharastra)

bjp did very well in bangalore and other urban areas for obvious reasons. :). Also, Delimitation of constituencies has helped bjp as more constituencies are carved out of urban areas.

JDS lost havily to cong, bjp in south karnataka where it is supposed to be strong.

so, to say only JDS has lost and cong has not lost anything is not true.

one thing that tamil leaders ( karunanidhi and jayalalitha ) can learn from Karnataka. SM Krishna was gracious in defeat wishing bjp government well. :thumbsup:

MADDY
27th May 2008, 01:09 PM
so, to say only JDS has lost and cong has not lost anything is far from the truth.

congress registered 70% read 70% of votes polled in 1970 in karnataka...........its not voting turnout, it was congress vote share in KN 35 yrs back - 70% ......now they are 34% :lol2: - makkal-a romba korachhi yeda poda koodaadhu.......

adhe madhiri, edho whole karnataka anti-tamil-nnu prove panna try pannuvangalakku vattal nagaraj deposit izhandha vishayam theriyuma??? :lol: ..........idhulaya theriyala, karnataka makkal edhukaaga vote pottangannu :)

if the current TN govt. has the political will, it will go ahead and implement both hiogenekkal and sethu paalam thittams - nobody can stop them except their own hesitation :D

joe
27th May 2008, 01:13 PM
Tamil Nattulaye Congress-kku vote podallinna Desa throgam range-kku nilamai irunthuchu .. where is congress now :lol:

joe
27th May 2008, 01:15 PM
one thing that tamil leaders ( karunanidhi and jayalalitha ) can learn from Karnataka. SM Krishna was gracious in defeat wishing bjp government well. :thumbsup:

It is all because in TN ,mostly people vote for the CM candidate ,not the party ,whereas in KN mostly they vote for party.

Krishna-kku enna ..Irukkave irukku innoru state-la Governer post :lol:

MADDY
27th May 2008, 01:28 PM

the best thing i like abt congress is their pension plan for defeated leaders :clap: ..........

their decline in many states is bcos they dont know the issues of the people./.......for them ruling is their birth right and they sit at a height where big problems too look small for them........and congress is one party which has only leaders no "followers" :lol:

sriranga
27th May 2008, 01:32 PM

the best thing i like abt congress is their pension plan for defeated leaders :clap: ..........

their decline in many states is bcos they dont know the issues of the people./.......for them ruling is their birth right and they sit at a height where big problems too look small for them........and congress is one party which has only leaders no "followers" :lol:

credit for success in any state election will go to 10 janpat.
Any defeat, the buck stops at poor state leaders. :lol:

selvakumar
27th May 2008, 02:09 PM
adhe madhiri, edho whole karnataka anti-tamil-nnu prove panna try pannuvangalakku vattal nagaraj deposit izhandha vishayam theriyuma??? Laughing ..........idhulaya theriyala, karnataka makkal edhukaaga vote pottangannu Smile
aanaah BJP jeichirukkae. BJP kku vote vizhunthathula oru % kooda inthe prachanaikkaga vizhinthu irukkathunnu neenga nambureengala. Otherwise, BJP wouldn't have triggered this at all. This also explains KN people's stand :)

selvakumar
27th May 2008, 02:10 PM
Ila.Ganesan-kku eppavume kalainjar kitta oru soft corner undu ..Ippa kalainjar hospital-la irunthu vantha piragu poi meet panninar :) .Ofcourse cho also met kalainjar (Enna pesiruppanga :lol: Cho : Unga puNNiyathula Thuglak circulation nallave poyittirukku :lol: )
:rotfl: :rotfl2: :notworthy:

joe
27th May 2008, 02:10 PM
credit for success in any state election will go to 10 janpat.
Any defeat, the buck stops at poor state leaders. :lol:

I think it applies not only to congress ,but all so-called National parties :)

selvakumar
27th May 2008, 02:11 PM
For congress, every credit goes to Sonia :lol2: :rotfl: . For BJP, every credit goes to Vajpayee :lol: (Yov, avar retire aayittaaru yaa :lol: )
For CPM, every credit should go to Nandhigram :lol:

selvakumar
27th May 2008, 02:13 PM
Forget about Krishna. Did Dharam Singh Or Gowdas tell anything ? :)

joe
27th May 2008, 02:14 PM
For CPM, every credit should go to Nandhigram :lol:
:) and for CPI ,Kanyakumari-la congress-kku Nanban ..Pakkathula kerala border thaanditta Congress ethiri :lol:

selvakumar
27th May 2008, 02:16 PM
:) and for CPI ,Kanyakumari-la congress-kku Nanban ..Pakkathula kerala border thaanditta Congress ethiri :lol:
Yes. Mathuvilakku TN la irunthu, Kerala la illathu iruntha maari :lol:
Anyway, CPM had lost in WB. :clap: I would like to see Gujarat people emulating them in the future 8-)

joe
27th May 2008, 02:17 PM
Forget about Krishna. Did Dharam Singh Or Gowdas tell anything ? :)

Avare sontha thoguthiyila (in which he won 8 times consecutively,I think) thoothu poi nonthu poyirukkaru :lol:

selvakumar
27th May 2008, 02:19 PM
Avare sontha thoguthiyila (in which he won 8 times consecutively,I think) thoothu poi nonthu poyirukkaru :lol:
Joe :shock: AFAIK, he had won. Correct me if I am wrong :oops:

joe
27th May 2008, 02:24 PM
Joe :shock: AFAIK, he had won. Correct me if I am wrong :oops:

9வது முறையாக சட்டசபைத் தேர்தலில் போட்டியிட்ட முன்னாள் முதல்வர் தரம்சிங இத்தேர்தலில் வென்றிருந்தால் சாதனை படைத்திருப்பார். ஆனால் துரதிர்ஷ்டவசமாக அவர் தோல்வியுற்று விட்டார்.

http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/news/2008/05/26/india-losers-of-the-karnataka-battle.html
:roll:

selvakumar
27th May 2008, 02:28 PM
Joe,
I think you are right. I believe this (http://www.hindu.com/2008/05/26/stories/2008052656490400.htm) one also refers to the same.
No wonder Congress pulled back Krishna and didn't announce their CM candidate

Sanjeevi
27th May 2008, 02:30 PM
[quote="selvakumar"]VK is getting the votes of people who doesn't want any of these two parties (this is correct) and the national parties (this is wrong). They want a fresh govt and a coalition will eat VK's vote share.

Sanjeevi

Though I have soft corner for BJP, i don't think BJP can make a strong impact in TN politics. But BJP can climp slowly only if they give more importance to real social issues.

joe
Joe,
I think you are right. I believe this (http://www.hindu.com/2008/05/26/stories/2008052656490400.htm) one also refers to the same.
No wonder Congress pulled back Krishna and didn't announce their CM candidate

:shock: He is defeated by just 52 votes :oops:

selvakumar
27th May 2008, 02:32 PM
namma peraasiriyar anbazhagan konjam itha pathi yosipparnnu nenaikiraen :lol:

selvakumar
27th May 2008, 02:33 PM
[quote=selvakumar]VK is getting the votes of people who doesn't want any of these two parties (this is correct) and the national parties (this is wrong). They want a fresh govt and a coalition will eat VK's vote share.

Rendumae right thaan. Imagine VK forming a coalition with Congress. BJP - avanga kooda vachalum vaikaattiyum onnu thaan (w.r.t MLA elections).

joe
27th May 2008, 02:37 PM
namma peraasiriyar anbazhagan konjam itha pathi yosipparnnu nenaikiraen :lol:

:lol: Namma kalainjar-e oru thadava less than 300 vote-la Anna Nager-la thappi pizhaicharu ..There were rumours MGR marimugama let Kalainjar to win :roll:

Vivasaayi
27th May 2008, 02:40 PM
selva...congress-vk is a very effective combo

dont under estimate congress in tamilnadu

selvakumar
27th May 2008, 02:41 PM
:lol: Namma kalainjar-e oru thadava less than 300 vote-la Anna Nager-la thappi pizhaicharu ..There were rumours MGR marimugama let Kalainjar to win :roll:
oh :oops: Inthe election la kooda avar lead 5000+ thaannu nenaikiraen. BTW, Anna nagar ? entha election la (Year). I know that he contested once in Thanjavur and won.

selvakumar
27th May 2008, 02:42 PM

Yaaru underestimate pannuna vikki. But I don't think those who are voting for VK now, will continue to vote for him even if he forms a coalition. I haven't voted for VK yet.

Sanjeevi
27th May 2008, 02:44 PM
BJP will try everything to stop TN from
implementing this project.

nalla joke, appo Congress or JD(S) vanthirunthal mattum project idanjal koukka mattangala? :huh: Ithellam BJP-nu parkka koodathu.

I won't believe that the problem will be solved calmly even if both TN and Karnataka is ruled by same Congress party.

Vivasaayi
27th May 2008, 02:45 PM

Yaaru underestimate pannuna vikki. But I don't think those who are voting for VK now, will continue to vote for him even if he forms a coalition. I haven't voted for VK yet.

tn people have no anger towards congress.

they vote for vijayakanth as they dont want the mk and jj

a collision with congress would increase the votes for vk.

i have voted for vk...and if jopins with congress i would vote for that allaince

joe
27th May 2008, 02:46 PM
oh :oops: Inthe election la kooda avar lead 5000+ thaannu nenaikiraen. BTW, Anna nagar ? entha election la (Year). I know that he contested once in Thanjavur and won.

Current election leads with 5000 is ok ,since both thuRaimugam and Cheppakkam are very very small thoguthis ..

AnnaNager,Not sure the exact year ,but in 80's ..Dr.Hande was the ADMK candidate ..Yes kalainjar won KuLithalai and Thanjavoor ,outside Chennai.

Vivasaayi
27th May 2008, 02:47 PM
there is a famous legends on kalaingars close win

it is said that mgr wanted to kalaingar to watch him as cm in the assembly by sitting opposite.

so he made kalaingar to win..an urban legend :lol:

selvakumar
27th May 2008, 02:48 PM
nalla joke, appo Congress or JD(S) vanthirunthal mattum project idanjal koukka mattangala? :huh: Ithellam BJP-nu parkka koodathu.

Shabba :sigh2: I commented like that since it was BJP that started all these problems related to Hogenakkal. Summa iruntha sanga oothinathu BJP. Hence, there will be a difference.
OTOH, An ex-congress minister opposed these parties to go against this project and supported TN. Please refer few pages in this thread :)

joe
27th May 2008, 02:50 PM
it is said that mgr wanted to kalaingar to watch him as cm in the assembly by sitting opposite.

That may be true ,but the reason is not to mock kalainjar ..There were several occasions MGR indirectly signalled to assmbly speaker not to stop Kalanjar speaking after the time line ,since MGR still enjoyed kamalnjar speach ,even he is ethiri. :)

joe
27th May 2008, 02:51 PM
OTOH, An ex-congress minister opposed these parties to go against this project and supported TN. Please refer few pages in this thread :)
:yes:

selvakumar
27th May 2008, 02:53 PM
i have voted for vk...and if jopins with congress i would vote for that allaince
:lol2:
Shabba ! I have decided that I shouldn't vote for any party. Athula BJP kku aduthu congress thaan irukkum :x I strongly believe that congress had lost its steam after E.V.K.S. Ilangovan :) Not to forget the comedy they do in their party office by fighting with themselves :lol:

Sanjeevi
27th May 2008, 02:54 PM
[quote=selvakumar]VK is getting the votes of people who doesn't want any of these two parties (this is correct) and the national parties (this is wrong). They want a fresh govt and a coalition will eat VK's vote share.

Rendumae right thaan. Imagine VK forming a coalition with Congress. BJP - avanga kooda vachalum vaikaattiyum onnu thaan (w.r.t MLA elections).

VK supporters ellamae DMK & ADMK athirupthiyaalargalthan but I don't think there are any disappointments on national parties since many TN people didn't see their state government. Cong ruled TN but long time back and BJP ku periya parambariyam TN-la kidaiyathu except some little RSS impression (here I remember that I forected to RSS training centre and went for 5 or 6 days to learn Karata and something I can't remember and athukkaga naan RSS karan-nu ninaichudaathenga)

VK + Cong is bigger than VK + BJP in TN

joe
27th May 2008, 02:55 PM
Not to forget the comedy they do in their party office by fighting with themselves :lol:

Athu onnum illapa ..adikkadi kathar Vetti kiLicha thaan niraya vetti viRpanaiyaagum-nnu thaan ..Kathar sevai :)

selvakumar
27th May 2008, 02:55 PM
That may be true ,but the reason is not to mock kalainjar ..There were several occasions MGR indirectly signalled to assmbly speaker not to stop Kalanjar speaking after the time line ,since MGR still enjoyed kamalnjar speach ,even he is ethiri. :)
naanum itha kelvi patrukaen :) :D

Vivasaayi, :lol: :lol: that urban legend sounds a bit true indeed :) though it might have been distorted, exaggerated, or sensationalized over time.

selvakumar
27th May 2008, 02:57 PM
Athu onnum illapa ..adikkadi kathar Vetti kiLicha thaan niraya vetti viRpanaiyaagum-nnu thaan ..Kathar sevai :)
:rotfl: Unga political Jokes ellam semaya irukku :thumbsup:

joe
27th May 2008, 02:58 PM

Adengappa ..Eppadinga kandu pidicheenga :lol:

Vivasaayi
27th May 2008, 02:58 PM
Shabba ! I have decided that I shouldn't vote for any party. Athula BJP kku aduthu congress thaan irukkum :x I strongly believe that congress had lost its steam after E.V.K.S. Ilangovan :) Not to forget the comedy they do in their party office by fighting with themselves :lol:

dmk la illladha koshti modhala?..atleast in congress they fight openly :lol:

admk maadhiri military control pannathan adunguvainga pola

Sanjeevi
27th May 2008, 02:59 PM

Adengappa ..Eppadinga kandu pidicheenga :lol:

because Cong > BJP

selvakumar
27th May 2008, 02:59 PM
Could be. IMO, VK + BJP === VK. BJPkku Thirunavukkarasuva vitta vera yaarum irukaangala enna. Konja per angayum ingeyuma. :)

Vivasaayi
27th May 2008, 03:00 PM
selva....vk may miss the votes of muslims by joining hands with bjp.

so he wont join.

joe
27th May 2008, 03:01 PM
Could be. IMO, VK + BJP === VK.
But I doubt VK + BJP May be < VK ...VK will loose some minorities vote :yes:

sriranga
27th May 2008, 03:01 PM

<dig>
tamilnadu karnataka sandai mathiri arambichi ippo tamilnattukulle sandi ayidum pola iruke. :wink:
</dig>

Vivasaayi
27th May 2008, 03:02 PM
vk in catch 22 situation

he cant eally come to thrown without alliance

if he join with anyone he would miss the votes .

Sanjeevi
27th May 2008, 03:03 PM
Could be. IMO, VK + BJP === VK. BJPkku Thirunavukkarasuva vitta vera yaarum irukaangala enna. Konja per angayum ingeyuma. :)

80% true but BJP have many supporters in Kanyakumari dist, Coimbatore, Tankasi

Vivasaayi
27th May 2008, 03:04 PM

aaparica...aantaartica?

joe
27th May 2008, 03:05 PM

aaparica...aantaartica?

Why ? BJP is single largest party in kanyakumari dist ,overtook Congress already .

Sanjeevi

yeah, but VK may choose BJP over Cong if he believe BJP will form next Govt at Central and since he may find support and may get gain from Central Govt.

Vivasaayi
@joe.. ok :D

sriranga
27th May 2008, 03:06 PM

yeah, but VK may choose BJP over Cong if he believe BJP will form next Govt at Central and since he may find support and may get gain from Central Govt.

athuvaraikkum kalaignar summa irupaara?

selvakumar
27th May 2008, 03:07 PM

அங்கே குடும்ப சண்டை. அதான், அவங்களுக்குள்ளே தீர்த்துக் கொள்கிறார்கள்.
ஆனாலும், கட்டுக்கோப்பான தலைமை இல்லாதது, அடிக்கடி சண்டை பிடித்துக்கொள்வதில் காங்கிரசை மிஞ்ச தமிழகத்தில் ஆள் இல்லை. பிஜேபி கூட பரவாயில்லை இந்த விடயத்தில்.

Sanjeevi
27th May 2008, 03:08 PM

athuvaraikkum kalaignar summa irupaara?

ha ha ha ha

arasiyala ithellam satharanamappa :lol: I Remember Mu Ka's "BJP theenda thaagatha katchi alla" statement some years back

joe
27th May 2008, 03:09 PM
பிஜேபி கூட பரவாயில்லை இந்த விடயத்தில்.

இந்த கிண்டல் தானே வேண்டாங்கிறது .காங்கிரஸ்லயாவது சண்டை போட தலைவர்கள் இருக்காங்க ..பி.ஜே.பி-ல :roll:

selvakumar
27th May 2008, 03:09 PM
I am not sure about other areas. But enga oorla BJPnnu solli oru oorvalam kooda naan paarthathu illa. Ada communist kooda kootam poduvaangappa :oops:

selvakumar
27th May 2008, 03:11 PM
இந்த கிண்டல் தானே வேண்டாங்கிறது .காங்கிரஸ்லயாவது சண்டை போட தலைவர்கள் இருக்காங்க ..பி.ஜே.பி-ல :roll:
Athennamoe unmai thaan :lol:

joe
27th May 2008, 03:13 PM
I am not sure about other areas. But enga oorla BJPnnu solli oru oorvalam kooda naan paarthathu illa. Ada communist kooda kootam poduvaangappa :oops:

No wonder ,yours is workers area.

The reason why Kanyakumari dist has BJP is because Hindus are almost minority there ,Christians are in same % if not more..So unlike other dists ,relegion plays bigger role in KK ..Hindus are more attracted to BJP.

selvakumar
27th May 2008, 03:22 PM

The reason why Kanyakumari dist has BJP is because Hindus are almost minority there ,Christians are in same % if not more..So unlike other dists ,relegion plays bigger role in KK ..Hindus are more attracted to BJP.
:shock: Thank God that many areas in TN are not like this. Otherwise, religion would have joined along with caste in deciding the winners. Oflate, I see a slight (Read very very small) increase in the people's inclination towards BJP. (Purely based on religion) It is all in the hands of Dravidian parties to pull back their pride through effective administration

sriranga
27th May 2008, 03:26 PM
IMO, Religion based party >>> caste based party >>> family party ( read dynasty politics where son of king is prince, when king dies prince becomes king and his son becomes prince and it goes on and on while all the senior leaders get together and think about growing the dynasty ). :wink:

Sanjeevi
27th May 2008, 03:27 PM

true, the same is applicable in Kerala too where BJP has supporters than TN

selvakumar
27th May 2008, 03:34 PM
IMO, Religion based party >>> caste based party >>> family party ( read dynasty politics where son of king is prince, when king dies prince becomes king and his son becomes prince and it goes on and on ). :wink:
ella partylayum intha kudumba arasiyal irukkae :?
Unga logic padi,
Religion + family based party >>> caste + family based party >>>> family based party :wink:

P_R
27th May 2008, 03:36 PM
Why ? BJP is single largest party in kanyakumari dist ,overtook Congress already .
Really ?!!? News to me.
I knew that BJP was big there but not single largest. Do you mean largest after DMK/ADMK ? I assume that, by themselves they can't get beyond local body elections.

joe
27th May 2008, 03:42 PM
Really ?!!? News to me.
I knew that BJP was big there but not single largest. Do you mean largest after DMK/ADMK ? I assume that, by themselves they can't get beyond local body elections.

PR,
Hope you know KK dist is a fort of national parties ,especially congress for long time.

But now BJP may be single largest party ,but cannot win if stand alone.

In recent election DMK + Congress + Communist collation swpet all 7 seats .But BJP won decent no of votes where as ADMK+MDMK collation collapsed.

Though there is a general opinion that ADMK is strong in south ,KK is extremely opposite ..ADMK's weakest dist is KK .

FYI ,In recent election ADMK lost deposit in 3 out of 7 seats.

I mean the order interms of votes

BJP
DMK
Congress
ADMK
communist

But communist are also strong ,probably equal to ADMK. :D

see my full analysis and detail
http://cdjm.blogspot.com/2006/05/blog-post_15.html

sriranga
27th May 2008, 03:49 PM
IMO, Religion based party >>> caste based party >>> family party ( read dynasty politics where son of king is prince, when king dies prince becomes king and his son becomes prince and it goes on and on ). :wink:
ella partylayum intha kudumba arasiyal irukkae :?
Unga logic padi,
Religion + family based party >>> caste + family based party >>>> family based party :wink:

u miss the point.

A party without internal democracy, how could we trust them to uphold democracy in the country?

selvakumar
27th May 2008, 04:02 PM
u miss the point.

A party without internal democracy, how could we trust them to uphold democracy in the country?
I don't know which party you are referring to. "Internal Democracy" is something that is missing in all the parties. No party is an exception.
If you are speaking in the national level, national parties also can't be trusted. for e.g., I won't trust BJP from now onwards no matter how much democratic they are internally.

P_R
27th May 2008, 04:46 PM
PR,
Hope you know KK dist is a fort of national parties ,especially congress for long time.
Yeah. I have heard of the line you mentioned
'நெல்லை எங்கள் எல்லை .குமரி எங்கள் தொல்லை' :D

But now BJP may be single largest party ,but cannot win if stand alone.In recent election DMK + Congress + Communist collation swpet all 7 seats .But BJP won decent no of votes where as ADMK+MDMK collation collapsed.
I have always believed that Jayalalitha's conclusion that ADMK + BJP = ADMK was a correct one and so ADMK abandoning BJP seemed a very correct decision. But your district seems to prove otherwise.

But communist are also strong ,probably equal to ADMK. Yes, which is why I was suprised when I heard BJP was the largest - because other voters who may float - the Communist supporters and BJP supporters are irreconciliably opposed. Marxists also have a support pocket in Madurai (I assume because of the mills and unions).

see my full analysis and detail
http://cdjm.blogspot.com/2006/05/blog-post_15.html Thanks Joe.

Thirumaran
27th May 2008, 08:07 PM
if BJP is communal, congress is confusion
congress is both communal and confusion. for that matter almost all of the parties in India are communal. Just separating BJP on this category :lol2:

The day BJP comes to Power in Central is not far. Porulaathaara vallunargal, communists, Lallu, DMK ellaam saerthu adikara kootha paarthathathu poathumdaa saami :evil:

Nalla vaelai, SW engineeraa irukoam, illainaa ninaichu paarkavae mudiyala :banghead:

Ithanai varushamaaa thoda mudiyaatha alavukku vitta Vilaivaasiya orae naalula kuraikanumaa :o

One thing for sure. BJP will give a government several times better than the current one. Ofcourse currently what is going on is not a government :rotfl:

But Rahul Gandhi should go for compaign in all states. His presence proves good for the oppositions :lol2:

wrap07
27th May 2008, 08:50 PM
congress is both communal and confusion. for that matter almost all of the parties in India are communal. Just separating BJP on this category :lol2:

The day BJP comes to Power in Central is not far. Porulaathaara vallunargal, communists, Lallu, DMK ellaam saerthu adikara kootha paarthathathu poathumdaa saami :evil:

Nalla vaelai, SW engineeraa irukoam, illainaa ninaichu paarkavae mudiyala :banghead:

Ithanai varushamaaa thoda mudiyaatha alavukku vitta Vilaivaasiya orae naalula kuraikanumaa :o

One thing for sure. BJP will give a government several times better than the current one. Ofcourse currently what is going on is not a government :rotfl:

But Rahul Gandhi should go for compaign in all states. His presence proves good for the oppositions :lol2:

:lol: :rotfl: :rotfl:

joe
27th May 2008, 08:54 PM

I can see a strong Thuglak effect in your views here :)

Thirumaran
27th May 2008, 09:08 PM
I can see a strong Thuglak effect in your views here :)

Quite possible :wink:

getting late :wave:

NOV
28th May 2008, 06:52 AM
Sorry guys, political discussions are taboo here.