PDA

View Full Version : Sex & Indian Mentality

Pages : 1 [2]

Jabroni
13th March 2007, 11:42 PM
Since it has been conclusively proven with references that sex is only for reproduction, I suggest that humankind only use IVF or artificial insemination for reproduction. That way we can all achieve salvation by not succumbing to any 'Maya'.

one day we have to if AIDS becomes more and more prevalent.

artificial reproduction is new one

but sex is inborn

we can live on drips given in hospital, do you mean we can live with that till we die?

Jabroni
13th March 2007, 11:45 PM
so kannan, do you have pre-marital or extra-marital sex with having reproduciton in your mind? so lame your analogy

Shakthiprabha.
13th March 2007, 11:49 PM
If we take AIDS population wise, INDIA ranks 2nd top

Here ppl are more scared of SOCIETY, scared of CONSCIENCE, scared of RELIGIOUS PRESCRIPTIONS, pre and post and extra marital sex is supposedly not practised ...

hmm....

:confused2: :?

Jabroni
13th March 2007, 11:56 PM
[tscii:5832dbe9b5]people with low self-esteem resort to sex with dogs

enjoy a dog while the dog is enjoying a dog

i am having a ggod time with hypocrites

will you allow you son or daughter sleep with different peopleÉ

how will you react when your mother introduces you few people and say this was the one I had sex with to produce you, this was the one i had sex with before marriage, this is the one who helped me financially to bring you up and this is the one i had sex with yesterday

i have no respect for such people :twisted:[/tscii:5832dbe9b5]

thamizhvaanan
14th March 2007, 12:02 AM
Our very early ancestors of the stone age & prehistoric times were, of course, barbarians! Over these many centuries man has evolved into a civilised being! What are the signs of civilisation? :clap: Great to see you come down to agree atleast this fact. Now the point of contention is, at what particular point of time did our ancestors transform from barbarian to civilized? What classifies their act between barbaric and civilized? It boils down to what we feel "our ancestors were right to do and what they did wrong" . So every concept of morality boils down to an individuals perception of ethics and freewill. So the onus is on the individual basically. Again to quote Ayn Rand,

Civilization is the progress toward a society of privacy. The savage's whole existence is public, ruled by the laws of his tribe. Civilization is the process of setting man free from men.

That does not mean throwing away all old customs, concepts! The basic, fundamental, human, humane rules prevail! I disagree... As I said earlier, to judge whether an old custom or concept is barbaric or civilized we rely upon our judgement and rationale. When so much is dependent upon our intellect and judgement, we may very well dispose with the concept of venerating customs based on antiquity.

Premarital sex bespeaks of bestial lack of self-control, a sensual escapade divorced of forethought, afterthought & wise propriety/responsibility. :yes: :exactly: But it also doesn mean that all pre-marital sex belongs to such category. It can also be devoid of all such negatives if the people indulged in it are completely aware of themselves and their act.

Lambretta
14th March 2007, 12:10 AM
Premarital sex bespeaks of bestial lack of self-control, a sensual escapade divorced of forethought, afterthought & wise propriety/responsibility. :yes: :exactly: But it also doesn mean that all pre-marital sex belongs to such category. It can also be devoid of all such negatives if the people indulged in it are completely aware of themselves and their act.
Well TV, going by the fact tat u agree w/ PP ma'm's statement, tat wud go on to say tat if the ppl. indulged in it r completely aware of themselves/their act, ie. to say bestial lack of self-control, a sensual escapade divorced of forethought, afterthought & wise propriety/responsibility, then tat wud make them devoid of the act itself....rite? :?

kannannn
14th March 2007, 12:30 AM
so kannan, do you have pre-marital or extra-marital sex with having reproduciton in your mind? so lame your analogy
I was only responding to Raghu's post that sex is only for reproduction and if possible we need to abstain from it. If it is so, why not use IVF. I don't see what is so lame.

will you allow you son or daughter sleep with different people

how will you react when your mother introduces you few people and say this was the one I had sex with to produce you, this was the one i had sex with before marriage, this is the one who helped me financially to bring you up and this is the one i had sex with yesterday

i have no respect for such people

I thought the posts made before by TF et al would have cleared the issue, but that doesn't seem so. Let us make a distinction (for argument's sake) between loveless, promiscuous behaviour and premarital sex. While I don't agree with the former (but wouldn't call them names and judge them), the latter is absolutely acceptable. To see why, we need to define what marriage is. I define marriage as a social sanction to the union of man and woman (kindly note that in India there is nothing about love in this definition).

So, in effect the society tells us that we can, after their acceptance, have sex with our partner. My question is why wait or care for the society to sanction as intimate an act as sex? Assuming that premarital sex is between lovers, what role has society to play in defining what is admissible and what is not?

Surya
14th March 2007, 12:48 AM
Sex is ONLY for REPRODUCTIONAL purposes, NOT for ones enjoyment! and This is why Pre-martial sex is FORBIDDEN in our society, and yes, IT SHOULD BE!, the resaon being is that, to bring up an offspring you will need BOTH mother and Father.

But SEX - only for REPRODUCTION ?? :roll: (atleast for human beings)this is what I meant exactly on forcing of Victorian values on us. :roll:

Er , excuse me...

Vedas and Hindu Philosophies were way way before the Victorian times :twisted:

Raghu Machi, :D

:clap: that was a very good point which u have brought up! :D

Yes! That is infact what is said in our Scriptures. :) But do u think those who get married, even the most religious person follows those rules? If they don't, then they're still not living life according to that! Then why not Pre-Marital Sex?

Also, if ppl still lived the way they did in Vedic Times...I'd give up everything I have, and go to a Veda Paada Saalai Today, if Society was to live every aspect of their lives according to the Vedas. But what percentage of Society do u think does that??

When lookin at this for the Good of Society (and that seems to be a key issue here), what's the point when only a microscopic minority follows these sacred rules and rites, when the monstrous Majority (Including today's so called CONSERVATIVES) conveniently ignores this while they scream abt CULTURE at the top of their lungs? :) (Not pointed at any hubber...just a general Statement.)

Hell, how many ppl who talk abt Culture follow every aspect of Indian or Hindu Culture?? :huh: Just the superficial ones at least like Sandyavandhanam atleast 3 times a day, Pariseshanam before eating every meal for one community and women constantly wearing Pottu/sindhoor on their hairline, Not physically or emotionally harming another being, Ridding ur mind and heart of jealousy etctreating parents, and Teachers as GOD? :huh: This is just to name a couple!!

These things aren't un-evolved barbarism! This things are things which can still easily be practiced today! :D ignoring all of this but talking abt culture?! :notthatway: What Moral Grounds is there to say this to begin with? It's like saying Naan Thiruduven, but Matha Thirudangalai Paakum Bothu Avange Charecter-a Pathi Thappa Pesuven! :lol:

Even if they do (Which I Seriously Doubt!), why is this PMS suddenly persecuted when other sensible customs which aren't followed also aren't even bothered with as much as this? :lol2: This is what treating this subject with Hipocracy means. :exactly:

Rohit
14th March 2007, 12:49 AM
Sex is ONLY for REPRODUCTIONAL purposes, NOT for ones enjoyment!
I wonder if this is the main reason why Indian population doubles every fifty years or so.

Maybe make it the other way around, the Indian population growth would drop. :lol: :thumbsup:

Surya
14th March 2007, 12:55 AM
Maybe make it the other way around, the Indian population growth would drop. :lol: :thumbsup:

:roll:

I guess that's why China is #1 In World Population Then!! :lol: :thumbsup:

thinkfloyd
14th March 2007, 01:51 AM
* And in the society you are dreaming to have with premarital sex and teenage mothers, what age one can start premarital sex :?:

Thamizh,
Please do yourself a favor and try to UNDERSTAND what others post. Nobody in this forum is for teenage/single motherhood, MYSELf included. Atleast try comprehending what you read, for a change.

AS USUAL, your other 'points' aren't even worth replying to :poke: :wave:

Rohit
14th March 2007, 01:54 AM
By land area, China is over three times bigger than India and Indian population is expected to overtake that of China in the next twenty years or so. :!: :thumbsup:

thinkfloyd
14th March 2007, 01:55 AM
By land area, China is over three times bigger than India and Indian population is expected to overtake that of China in the next twenty years or so. :!: :thumbsup:
Good point!

Surya
14th March 2007, 01:57 AM

That is a true and Scary Fact. :cry:

podalangai
14th March 2007, 02:12 AM

That is a true and Scary Fact. :cry:

Here is an interesting map:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:India_population_density_map_en.svg

Tamil Nadu is no more densely populated than Germany, and Karnataka and Andhra are comparable to France. Look, on the other hand, at the Hindi-speaking belt.

Now, look at the population growth rates:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:India_decadal_growth_rate_map_en.svg

Again, the South is in good shape, and the coming explosion is going to mainly be driven by the Hindi belt.

Now, look at the sex ratio:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:India_sex_ratio_map_en.svg

What this means is that in the next three to four decades, there is going to have to be a fairly large migration southwards from the north. Which will bring, amongst other things, the language issue we've been talking about into sharp focus.

thinkfloyd
14th March 2007, 02:13 AM
Let us make a distinction (for argument's sake) between loveless, promiscuous behaviour and premarital sex. While I don't agree with the former (but wouldn't call them names and judge them), the latter is absolutely acceptable. To see why, we need to define what marriage is. I define marriage as a social sanction to the union of man and woman (kindly note that in India there is nothing about love in this definition).

So, in effect the society tells us that we can, after their acceptance, have sex with our partner. My question is why wait or care for the society to sanction as intimate an act as sex? Assuming that premarital sex is between lovers, what role has society to play in defining what is admissible and what is not?
:clap: :thumbsup:

Rohit
14th March 2007, 02:42 AM
Also, such behaviour is predominately observed in animal kingdoms, where reproduction is instinctively adopted as the way to survival. :skull:

thamiz
14th March 2007, 03:03 AM
Assuming that premarital sex is between lovers, what role has society to play in defining what is admissible and what is not?

Well, suhAshini and sivakumar are lovers too! We "hypocrites" do have a problem there!

joe
14th March 2007, 07:00 AM

:omg: :shock: :shock:

can u say why u r shocked? u think he missed 'to survive' in some girls case?

:lol: .No.It is nothing I know about raghu ,but myself ..inga sonna nalla irukkathu.

kannannn
14th March 2007, 07:32 AM
Well, suhAshini and sivakumar are lovers too! We "hypocrites" do have a problem there!
Ada, are we still discussing the movie :lol: ? As for Suhasini and Sivakumar, here are my views (as a true Indian, I have an opinion on everything :)): Considering the circumstances in the movie, I do think what they did was wrong - not because they fell in love and had sex, but because Sivakumar continued to keep his wife in the dark. The right thing would have been for Sivakumar to tell his wife that they can't be together anymore (now don't tell me divorces are wrong). But then KB was not making a movie on family values.

All said, I really feel sorry for Sulakshana's character.

Shakthiprabha.
14th March 2007, 08:18 AM
Ada, are we still discussing the movie :lol: ?

:lol:

not because they fell in love and had sex, but because Sivakumar continued to keep his wife in the dark. The right thing would have been for Sivakumar to tell his wife that they can't be together anymore

I agree with this! But story says, HE LOVES BOTH :roll:

"angE thirumagaL
ingE kalaimagaL
avaLum ivaLum sari paathi
gangai ...
mangai ...
sivanum ivanum oru jaathi!"

(wow... and they have GOD to site as an example too :roll:)

But then KB was not making a movie on family values.

yup. Most of them DONT MAKE MOVIES TO PREACH

All said, I really feel sorry for Sulakshana's character

I dont.

She KNEW and was WELL AWARE what she was doing.
SHE IS bold and HAPPY taking decisions.
This is the life SHE WANTED .. and....SHE HAS IT.

pavalamani pragasam
14th March 2007, 08:21 AM
Ada, are we still discussing the movie :lol: ? As for Suhasini and Sivakumar, here are my views (as a true Indian, I have an opinion on everything :)): Considering the circumstances in the movie, I do think what they did was wrong - not because they fell in love and had sex, but because Sivakumar continued to keep his wife in the dark. The right thing would have been for Sivakumar to tell his wife that they can't be together anymore (now don't tell me divorces are wrong). But then KB was not making a movie on family values.

All said, I really feel sorry for Sulakshana's character.

Thanx, kannan, for having a right perspective about the behaviour of the three characters in the movie: we have a few marital ethics, rules, expectations like loyalty, care, affection etc. The fact you feel sorry for Sulakshana's character reveals what basic sensitivity, human nobility is about -not wittingly wronging aperson, physically, emotionally or verbally.

The accusation against KB is not only for not making a movie on family values - an artist of his calibre should, he tried but gave up after burning his fingers, clearly indicating what his ambition was in the industry - he has blatantly flouted basic human decency in the institution of marriage( a crown of human civilisation), sets new trends of moral behaviour conveniently hiding the pains, aches, injustices involved in such activities. As social beings we have the responsibility to ensure not only our own wellbeing(physical, moral, emotional) but also that of the rest of the world>

I am just tired of hearing again & again 'how does an individual's sexual behaviour affect/matter to the rest of the world! :sigh2: :sigh2: :sigh2:

NOV
14th March 2007, 09:33 AM
Discussion on this subject is closed as some of us do not know how to handle a sensitive discussion such as this in a mature manner. A cursory look at the last few pages will indicate this.

Pls PM to Mods if you wish to have this thread revived.