PDA

View Full Version : Which is the last Bollywood film you saw ?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

Plum
21st October 2009, 12:56 AM
Saw koodal nagar.appo....idhukku munnAdi paakkaamaiyE karuthu sollirukkeenga :lol2:
Saw koodal nagar again-nu solli irukkaNum.
Indha padatha rendu dhadava paarkara aLavukku porumai irundhudhAnnu kEkka koodadhu.
(In addition, Telugula oru dhadava snatches paarthurukkEn :-) )

MADDY
21st October 2009, 09:31 AM
continuing with a interesting discussion in UPO thread on movie run and collections - its pretty much relevant for kollywood, bollywood fight too

VaanaramAiyram recovered all its cost of 20+ crores with collections from A centres only, which means u can make "serious"* cinema and recover its costs with A centre collection in today's market scenario.......so, when u can come upto VA, whats stopping you to come up to Kaminey,johnny gadar?? i say its talent - i dont think u can still hide behind tamil film market/collection dynamics.......dhoodh ka dhoodh etc etc

*VA was just a attempt at serious movie making but it wasnt

P_R
21st October 2009, 10:48 AM
Plum, kEtteengaLA :lol2:
MADDY, VA-vai kooda quote paNNura range-ku iRangittaaru.

again neenga veriyarunga. Confirmed-nga. BharadharE rendu thadavai paathuruppaarA doubt dhaan.

MADDY
21st October 2009, 03:27 PM
Plum, kEtteengaLA :lol2:
MADDY, VA-vai kooda quote paNNura range-ku iRangittaaru

yen? avaru padikka maattara? :P

my point: when u can pass off a VA with ur A centre audience, why dont u try a "kaminey"? kaminey would have become a bigger hit in tamil than what it was in hindi :D

Bala (Karthik)
21st October 2009, 03:31 PM
Barath would have done justice to Kaminey, i think...

Plum
21st October 2009, 04:21 PM
Barath would have done justice to Kaminey, i think...
bala, naanum apdi thAn sollikitturkkEn. aana andha paya pOra paadhaiyE sari illaiyE...

equanimus
21st October 2009, 04:30 PM
my point: when u can pass off a VA with ur A centre audience, why dont u try a "kaminey"? kaminey would have become a bigger hit in tamil than what it was in hindi :D
edhai vechchi ippadi ellAm solluRInga? indha A centre, B centre ellAm dubAkoor, adhu vERa vishayam.

MADDY
21st October 2009, 04:46 PM
edhai vechchi ippadi ellAm solluRInga? indha A centre, B centre ellAm dubAkoor, adhu vERa vishayam.

dont worry, i'm not bringing them "in" this time :lol: .......

kaminey had good screenplay, good comedy, punch dialogues*, item song :D and tamil being a homogenous market, its easier to pass off such attempts than hindi is my opinion......i mean, dont u think our A centre peter audience will fall for such a attempt? it could have been made less than10 crores and could have fetched more than that...

*enakku padam suthhama puriyalannu sila paer solluvaanga but i felt lot of punch in the dialogues

P_R
21st October 2009, 05:02 PM
Some localizations...flashback appA nizhalgaL ravi - ratham kakki saagura maadhiri :-)

equanimus
21st October 2009, 06:57 PM
i mean, dont u think our A centre peter audience will fall for such a attempt?
adhu theriyAma thAnE eppadi solluRingannu kEttEn! Anyway, idhaip paththi perusA oNNum kaNikka mudiyala. More importantly, I see it as a "very Hindi" film. Hence the comment.

MADDY
21st October 2009, 07:08 PM
Some localizations...flashback appA nizhalgaL ravi - ratham kakki saagura maadhiri :-)

Bhope = Madurai sivagiri :lol: ......

guna Kamal: dhaavani, dhaadi, madurai ellam pottuakanum

Plum
21st October 2009, 08:05 PM
Well , there is scope for making it a madurai film - but not in a derogatory sense.
One of my leading complaints is that with so much of Madurai domination, Madurai town hardly ever features in our films. Oh how I love that place, and how under-represented it is in our cinema. For that matter, Tiruchi or Coimbatore. And kanyakumari ellAm dont even think about.
(The koodal nagar director claimed precisely that he will show Madurai town or a part of madurai never shown before and its ethos - the only word that springs to my mind after seeing it is "ngoyyala")

I'd love to see Barath in a kaminey like movie set in madurai - but in the same way Vishal did it not with localisation as PR put it.

MADDY
22nd October 2009, 05:29 PM
it can definitely be remade - its not a difficult movie like DevD :lol2:

last watched movie: honeymoon travels - suthham.......i found it very boring.......maybe there were some subtexts in the narration but i was too lazy to even take a effort to notice them.......

Plum
22nd October 2009, 05:43 PM
Honeymoon Travels - good in parts but overall, wasted effort. One of the few films where I disliked Boman Irani.

Jyothsna
22nd October 2009, 05:52 PM
Ab Tak Chappan.. Nana Patekar kahave ve intha padam parkalam :notworthy:

MADDY
22nd October 2009, 05:55 PM
Honeymoon Travels - good in parts but overall, wasted effort. One of the few films where I disliked Boman Irani.

yea me too and this is the first film where i found Abhay insipid.....neenga solradhu rite dhaan, bollywood-la "madhyamavathi" padangal remba mosama irukku.......idhukku ivanga masala padame edukkalaam :lol:

MADDY
22nd October 2009, 05:57 PM

yes, he is a very talended actor.........didnt believe this until my fav. director Bharathiraja himself accepted this :D

P_R
22nd October 2009, 06:22 PM
I'd love to see Barath in a kaminey like movie set in madurai - but in the same way Vishal did it not with localisation as PR put it.
oru vENdukOL: Bharadwajarai Vishal enRa azhaikka vENdaam. oru nimisham kuzhambittEn.

Petrol bung scene ellAm bharadhar paNNiruvaarnu nambuvOmAga.

Plum
22nd October 2009, 07:25 PM

yea me too and this is the first film where i found Abhay insipid.....neenga solradhu rite dhaan, bollywood-la "madhyamavathi" padangal remba mosama irukku.......idhukku ivanga masala padame edukkalaam :lol:

Yeah, his performance in that movie reminded me of Surya - so no wonder :-)

Plum
22nd October 2009, 07:27 PM
Actually, PR, I didnt find his stammering or lisping convincing, the latter more so.
One could really see the effort to ensure that he got the f for s at places. And in some places, it wasnt like he was saying f or s, it was like he was saying a word with f in it. Nit-picking but that is the difference between good and great, isnt it?

MADDY
22nd October 2009, 07:48 PM

Yeah, his performance in that movie reminded me of Surya - so no wonder :-)

yabba, how nice it is to have Plum on ur side (for a change) :bluejump:

Plum
22nd October 2009, 07:52 PM
Maddy, I should have completed that sentence. I meant to say "so no wonder you didnt like it".

I am still madhil mEL pUnai w.r.t Surya :-)

P_R
22nd October 2009, 07:54 PM
:bluejump: kudhikkappadaadhu...adhuvum Plum-ai nambi edhulaiyum kudhikkavEppadaadhu :lol2:

MADDY
22nd October 2009, 07:56 PM
Maddy, I should have completed that sentence. I meant to say "so no wonder you didnt like it".

oh :oops: i thot u were accepting surya is at best a "insipid" Abhay :lol:

to myself: unakku ellame late-a dhaan puriyudhada mudhali*

*avvai shanmugi, manivannan dialogue

P_R
22nd October 2009, 07:58 PM
Actually, PR, I didnt find his stammering or lisping convincing, the latter more so.
One could really see the effort to ensure that he got the f for s at places. And in some places, it wasnt like he was saying f or s, it was like he was saying a word with f in it. Nit-picking but that is the difference between good and great, isnt it?

Ijit ?
I found the f'ing good.
It is the choice of words and expressions with the preponderence of f - that seemed thrust in. But I liked that too. Precisely because it was so outrageously childish and just the kind of humour that is sorely missing in films.

Quite ponderously noting the name: Franfif :rotfl3:

There is one VK movie where he calls his assistant: Hey asok !
He could have named in anything. But he had to name him ashok and ended up calling him asok. Now these unintentional ones are funny. But Franfif is just another level :bow:

Plum
22nd October 2009, 08:04 PM
Ashok vs Asok - irunga Joe-va kootiyaarEn. Oru linguistic war-E nadathalAm.
What gives us the presumption that Ashok is right, and Asok is wrong?

Plum
22nd October 2009, 08:05 PM
:bluejump: kudhikkappadaadhu...adhuvum Plum-ai nambi edhulaiyum kudhikkavEppadaadhu :lol2:

yeah, sila samayam naanE enna nambaradhilla :lol:

Plum
22nd October 2009, 08:06 PM

oh :oops: i thot u were accepting surya is at best a "insipid" Abhay :lol:

to myself: unakku ellame late-a dhaan puriyudhada mudhali*

*avvai shanmugi, manivannan dialogue

And I actually liked Abhay in that movie, so oru maadhiri we still remain east and west - the twain shall never meet :-)

MADDY
22nd October 2009, 08:06 PM
Quite ponderously noting the name: Franfif :rotfl3:

yea, even the no. of cocaine packets = fo packets :lol: .....but franfif is a stroke of genius, i must say.....

P_R
22nd October 2009, 08:17 PM
What gives us the presumption that Ashok is right, and Asok is wrong? Probability.

Jyothsna
24th October 2009, 06:59 PM

yes, he is a very talended actor.........didnt believe this until my fav. director Bharathiraja himself accepted this :D

Avar nadichathu nu naan muthalla partha padam "KAmoshi". Appa ivar than NP nu kuda theriyathu.. Athilarunthu NP ya romba pidichuthu.. Bommalattam kuda NP kahathan paarthean.

great
25th October 2009, 06:08 PM
Revisited Ram Gopal Varma`s Satya, amazing !!

kid-glove
25th October 2009, 06:24 PM
Revisited Ram Gopal Varma`s Satya, amazing !!
That RGV is no more to be found.
IR's work should impress his fanboys.

great
25th October 2009, 06:39 PM
:sigh2: The guy who made Satya, Company and Rangeela is no more to be seen.

MADDY
26th October 2009, 03:25 PM
Return of Hanuman - enjoyed it immensely along with my nephews.......Anurag-ji 8-) .......my nephews' next assignment - watching kaminey :P (will make them unfit to watch tamil movies by the time they are 10 yrs :lol2:)

P_R
26th October 2009, 04:30 PM
enna oru ungil :-)

Plum
26th October 2009, 06:04 PM
10 vayasu pasangaLukku kaminey-vA? TN-la dhAnE irukkInga. kalAchAra kAvalargaLa auto-la anuppi vekkarEn, irunga :-)

MADDY
27th October 2009, 11:22 AM
10 vayasu pasangaLukku kaminey-vA? TN-la dhAnE irukkInga. kalAchAra kAvalargaLa auto-la anuppi vekkarEn, irunga :-)

mannikkavum, avangalakku 6 vayasu dhaan :lol2: ....but they can watch kaminey with parental guidance :wink:

P_R
27th October 2009, 11:55 AM
Harichandra
Settling down to watch a 'film'

Chinni Jayanth: idhu oru kudumba padam
VaiyApuri : ennadhu ?
CJ: kudumbam eppidi uruvaagudhunu kaatraanga

MADDY
27th October 2009, 01:54 PM
:lol:

Plum
27th October 2009, 02:46 PM

MADDY
31st October 2009, 05:21 AM
revisited Range De Basanti - basement strongu, building weaku........dialogues were pretty weak and P_R sonnadhukku appram dhaan recursive information romba odd-a therinjidhu.....but film was very stylish too and cannot be accused of any hollywood copy......the concept was a real mesmerising one..............any decent enough movie abt indian independence struggle, bhagat singh, jalian walah bagh etc cannot be disliked.......

AravindMano
2nd November 2009, 10:02 AM
Kaminey :thumbsup: Ellaa positive aspects discuss paNNiruppaanga idhukku munna. What impressed me mostly is, so much of content packed neatly in two hours. Most of the characters registered strongly in the given time. Very cool!

MADDY
2nd November 2009, 01:56 PM
Kaminey :thumbsup: Ellaa positive aspects discuss paNNiruppaanga idhukku munna. What impressed me mostly is, so much of content packed neatly in two hours. Most of the characters registered strongly in the given time. Very cool!

adhavan, kandein kadhalai, kaminey - weekend fulla movie watching dhaana?? :lol:

AravindMano
2nd November 2009, 05:25 PM

Kaminey was to console myself after watching Aadhavan. Kalaignar kudumbam en weekend la viLaiyaadittaanga! OK, KK was not that of a mokka, but still!

littlemaster1982
3rd November 2009, 06:41 PM
Watched Kaminey. Ennavo missing :roll: But I liked the film.

The scene were the villain and co enter Bhope's havEli and beat a hasty retreat as Priyanka sprays bullets on them :rotfl2: Unlike anything ever shown before on screen.

This one had me in splits :rotfl3:

Plum
3rd November 2009, 08:25 PM
ada bhagyaraj-ai copy adichikittu pozhappa OttudhA bollywood!! (http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2009/11/01-bollywood-still-copying-my-films-k-bagyaraj.html)
enakku idhu theriyama poche!
What mans, enna kaminey, enna dev d, enga pakkiarasa edukkadha enantha apdi ninga eduthuputtenga? :lol:

MADDY
4th November 2009, 04:14 AM
paakkiaraj, bharathirasa, pandiaraj, mahendran ellam yaar illainnu sonna?? neenga Ameer-kkum Abbas tyrewala-kkum comparison poduradhula dhaan problem-e.......tamil films of 80's are part of a golden chapter......

Plum
4th November 2009, 10:49 AM
paakkiaraj, bharathirasa, pandiaraj, mahendran ellam yaar illainnu sonna?? neenga Ameer-kkum Abbas tyrewala-kkum comparison poduradhula dhaan problem-e.......tamil films of 80's are part of a golden chapter......
maddy, totally off the mark. I was making fun of Packiaraj that he is thinking Bollywood is still remaking his films whereas they have moved on to Tarantino and European inspirations :-)

MADDY
4th November 2009, 11:37 AM
maddy, totally off the mark. I was making fun of Packiaraj that he is thinking Bollywood is still remaking his films whereas they have moved on to Tarantino and European inspirations :-)

oh, arudhal?? pattukonga pattukonga..... :)

Plum
4th November 2009, 12:28 PM
illaingaLA? Original-ngarIngaLA? Even if south movies are of inferior quality, they are far more original than bollywood
And I am only saying inspiration not copy.

Original PLUS quality-na 80's-90's Mallu movies are among the best mainstream movies ever in India. Bollywood today hasnt reached that standard yet.

MADDY
4th November 2009, 01:01 PM
illaingaLA? Original-ngarIngaLA? Even if south movies are of inferior quality, they are far more original than bollywood
And I am only saying inspiration not copy.

Original PLUS quality-na 80's-90's Mallu movies are among the best mainstream movies ever in India. Bollywood today hasnt reached that standard yet.

give me hollywood inspiration of Hazaron Kwahishe aisi and i'll accept ur viewpoint......or atleast give me the inspiration of DevD with examples, i quit..........or how can u cover up the dialogues part Plum? Dialogues cannot be inspired and u know that - otherwise it will end up like Junoon serial's tamil version :lol2:

Bala (Karthik)
4th November 2009, 02:00 PM
Inspiration-aye thozhila vechirukkara Tarrantino-va poi kelungappa firstu! :twisted:

Plum,
My grouse with Bollywood is not as much about their Hollywood/European inspiration as it is about the blind, surreal "Western" and urban ambience in every single thing they touch. I mean its not about "the evils of Western culture" and all that, its just that it is all so fake and omnipresent it is sickening. Vera ulagame illiya?

About the filmi inspirations, yeah sometimes it irritates but as long as the net result is good and they "create" within the framework of inspiration, i for one can live with that

equanimus
4th November 2009, 02:36 PM
Yeah, I agree. It's quite nauseating that many mainstream Hindi filmmakers can't see beyond the uber-hip cool urban world and never tire of showing the same "narrow" world in every film of theirs. There's a moment I always fondly recall from this interview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QStzQnC6KHI) of RGV. When he says, "I've no idea what 'Rock On!!' is about!" (Another hilarious bit is when he says, "these are all Anurag's..." LOL!)

Plum
4th November 2009, 03:35 PM
Bala, Equa: Enakkum prachnai illai(about the inspiration). I have the same grouses as you as well.
oru perspectiveku sonnaen.

HKA is probably the exception that proves the rule. I really love that movie - i have always digged Sudhir Mishra right from his first movie Yeh Woh Manzil To Nahin, which was the first 'art' movie, thanks to DD, that I saw, and gave me the initial rope to follow that line of movies.

P_R
4th November 2009, 05:04 PM
Isuspect this may be old news to you folks, but anyway

Pa trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MKJSWhkrvc)

Music sounds interesting rightaway, which is of late is hardly the case for me with IR

Appu s
4th November 2009, 05:14 PM

Music sounds interesting rightaway, which is of late is hardly the case for me with IR

kood kood, all south talends :P IR, PC, Balki.....

Nerd
5th November 2009, 10:47 AM

Have you listened to காட்டுவழி கால்நடையா போற தம்பி (http://www.dishant.com/album/Athu-Oru-Kanaa-Kaalam.html) from Adhu oru Kanakkaalam? Indha padam paathirukkeenga-nnu ninaikkiREn. (The trailer BGM is a rework of the first interlude)

Btw, Amitji is :oops:

Plum
8th November 2009, 01:30 PM
Baradwaj ranganaar indha prosthetic pathi enna solraarunnu paakaNum.
Seems like ir is going is his traditional theme music way. Hindila catch phrase voNum - dantanan, tottadoing indha maadhiri evanavadhu bkg-la kathanum appo dhaan hit kodukka mudiyum. Ivarlaam enna md-yO? Yaau dhaan ivarukku hindila chance kodukkaAngaLO!

MADDY
9th November 2009, 07:50 AM
cha, entire north indians are villains :evil: ........mass genocide of hindi speaking population will be the perfect solution :yes:

app_engine
10th November 2009, 02:16 AM
Continuing the digression...

http://www.apunkachoice.com/content/article/sid979-aishwarya_rai_does_it_for_paa/

"குடும்பப்படம்" :-)

MADDY
10th November 2009, 10:51 AM
infact we should rename the thread as "Discussion on bollywood movies" and start discussing forthcoming films as well.....Ravan is around the corner :P ....

one reason why Kaminey is very realistic (http://lite.epaper.timesofindia.com/mobile.aspx?article=yes&pageid=9&edlabel=TOICH&mydateHid=10-11-2009&pubname=&edname=&articleid=Ar00900&format=&publabel=TOI)

that dhaadiwaala on left looks so much similar to bhope bhau :rotfl3: Jai Maharashtra :lol2:

chevy
10th November 2009, 12:41 PM
I saw Life Partner last :S :S :S

m_23_bayarea
10th November 2009, 10:06 PM
Salman Khan's WANTED (remake of POKKIRI)... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

MADDY
12th November 2009, 08:09 AM
casting coup 8-)

MohanLal in Vishal Bharadwaj's upcoming movie (http://lite.epaper.timesofindia.com/mobile.aspx?article=yes&pageid=23&edlabel=TOICH&mydateHid=12-11-2009&pubname=&edname=&articleid=Ar02305&format=&publabel=TOI) 8-)

Bala (Karthik)
12th November 2009, 08:41 PM
Around 5 mins of Ajab Prem Ki Gazab Kahani
:banghead:

Plum
12th November 2009, 09:12 PM
Bala, super-A irukku Beeru Gabbu superstar-nellAm pEsikkarAnga?

Bala (Karthik)
12th November 2009, 11:36 PM
Thara mattam-nga!

And Katrina Kaif a naan sister a kooda ethukka vendaamnu mudivu pannitten :yes:

MADDY
12th November 2009, 11:38 PM

Yuvraaj/newyork paathuttu inime katrina blue film-la nadichha mattume paakkanum-nnu mudivu panniten :P

Plum
13th November 2009, 09:28 AM
Appo baradwaj rangana official-A disown paNNa vEndi irukkum pOlirukkE...
(Goofy charm, pluto pretty, mickey manly, donald dashing nu ellAm beeru gabbu pathi ezhudhi kadupEthaAr)

chevy
13th November 2009, 04:03 PM
Thara mattam-nga!

And Katrina Kaif a naan sister a kooda ethukka vendaamnu mudivu pannitten :yes: lol... i thot she ll be cute in the movie..want to see it

Plum
13th November 2009, 04:09 PM

Yuvraaj/newyork paathuttu inime katrina blue film-la nadichha mattume paakkanum-nnu mudivu panniten :P
blue filmla nadichA mattum? oNyum thErAdhu Maddy :lol:

P_R
13th November 2009, 04:22 PM
Circle-la indha padathukku pOga pressure. Idhu illainA Emraan Hashmi padam release aagudhaam. Whattodo !

MADDY
13th November 2009, 04:25 PM

atrocious :rotfl3:

P_R
13th November 2009, 04:27 PM
ungaLai ellAm SalmangAn'ta pudichu kodukkaNum

MADDY
13th November 2009, 04:32 PM

Manivannan to the short guy who falls in love with vadivelu's lady getup: ennada taste undhu

P_R
13th November 2009, 04:39 PM

Manivannan to the short guy who falls in love with vadivelu's lady getup: ennada taste undhu

You are for mistake
naan podhuvA sonnEn.
Unselected unselected dhaan.

MADDY
13th November 2009, 04:42 PM

You are for mistake
naan podhuvA sonnEn.
Unselected unselected dhaan.

illa illa, neenga engala salmangan-tta pudichhu kuduthelna, naanga avana paathu indha kaelviya ketpom nnu sonnen :lol:

Plum
13th November 2009, 04:46 PM

[/quote]

Actually, the second line in this post is superfluous and Goldspearian apdinnu criticise paNNuvIngannu pArthEn...

Bala (Karthik)
13th November 2009, 04:52 PM
Peerikittu oditrukku nu TOI la podraan. Nejamave va illa media partner a?

P_R
13th November 2009, 04:52 PM
Goldspearian :clap: Welcome addition to the glossary !

MADDY
13th November 2009, 05:24 PM

Actually, the second line in this post is superfluous and Goldspearian apdinnu criticise paNNuvIngannu pArthEn...

i didnt have data to criticise your claim :lol2:

ajithfederer
15th November 2009, 10:38 AM
Swades :clap: :clap: :clap:

Gayatri Joshi - Ivangalkukku indha hubla thread-oo illai orkut la sangammo illadadhai naan vanmayaga kandikurein :curse:

Many scenes between SRK and her were very funny.

ARR - Appadiyae allittu poitaaru manushan.

P_R
15th November 2009, 07:30 PM
Mere Paa kEttadhulErndhu konjam bayamA irukku

Pachanai GujjuvA pAkkalaam, bujju-vA paakka mudiyumA ?

Plum
15th November 2009, 09:49 PM
Idhai IR forumsla innum sollalai - paa album is underwhelming :-(
oNyum perusa expectations illai. idhula youth-ku music pidikkumnellAm ir forum makkaL pEsikitturukkAnga. Remba paavamA irukku...as for pachan, trailers are :-). But maddy epdiyum idhai bolly kaNakkula sErka mattaar so unga campku nashtam illqi :-)

Bala (Karthik)
16th November 2009, 01:58 AM
5 min of Dil Bole Hadippa :banghead: :cry2: :curse: Kaminey ku apparam edhuvume theralaye...

Bala (Karthik)
16th November 2009, 02:00 AM
Plum/PR,
I also thinging Paa will NOT work with them.

PR, "Mudi Mudi" pidikkalainnu sonneenga-na "Thiruthani ku vandhu adippen, jOkradhai!" :twisted:

kid-glove
16th November 2009, 02:46 PM
'Paa' might not be ornate in its orchestration and experimentation, but it works, and it appeals to North Indians among my circle of acquaintances.

Bala (Karthik)
16th November 2009, 03:15 PM
'Paa' might not be ornate in its orchestration and experimentation, but it works, and it appeals to North Indians among my circle of acquaintances.
IMO it's the other way round - orchestration and experimentation is going to be lost-ngaradhu dhaan kavalai.
Anyway, glad to hear your N.I friends liking the work :thumbsup:

kid-glove
16th November 2009, 03:20 PM
IMO it's the other way round - orchestration and experimentation is going to be lost-ngaradhu dhaan kavalai.
They enjoy the picture without reading the full 6000 lines of pixel. The entire than sum of its parts is being consumed. So, as you said, there is a lack of understanding the complexity. Sure :(

Bala (Karthik)
16th November 2009, 03:30 PM
They enjoy the picture without reading the full 6000 lines of pixel. The entire than sum of its parts is being consumed. So, as you said, there is a lack of understanding the complexity. Sure :(
I mean i meant that 'enjoying' the song is the objective. Details appreciation ellam nice to have dhaan. Adhuve lack of response ku reason a irukkapogudhu nu dhaan bayam.
Onnu, at places its so beautiful and yet i'm worried that because there's no hook as Plum put it, makkalukku interest illama podiumo nu. OTOH, parts of the album are disappointing as well...

MADDY
16th November 2009, 03:42 PM
But maddy epdiyum idhai bolly kaNakkula sErka mattaar so unga campku nashtam illqi :-)

why? it will be a bollywood film......i loved cheeni kum btw......i loved the dialogues - it was a "neat" film IMO :D ......i have tremendous expectations for Paa esp after watching mudi mudi trailer :shaking:

Plum
16th November 2009, 03:47 PM
ore southie gumbal Maddy Balki-IR-PCS-Vidya Balan - unga tasteku othu varumAnnu yosichaen :-)

kid-glove
16th November 2009, 04:07 PM
I mean i meant that 'enjoying' the song is the objective. Details appreciation ellam nice to have dhaan. Adhuve lack of response ku reason a irukkapogudhu nu dhaan bayam.
Onnu, at places its so beautiful and yet i'm worried that because there's no hook as Plum put it, makkalukku interest illama podiumo nu. OTOH, parts of the album are disappointing as well...
True. But we have to wait to measure the full response. Compared to "Cheeni kum", it will be lesser among NI I guess.

MADDY
16th November 2009, 05:04 PM
ore southie gumbal Maddy Balki-IR-PCS-Vidya Balan - unga tasteku othu varumAnnu yosichaen :-)

"south" mumbai vaada irundha podhum :lol2: ......

south is not equal to kollywood, north is not equal to bollywood......Maniratnam is a tamilian but he is primarily a bollywood director u see :lol2: ........

P_R
17th November 2009, 03:08 PM
PR, "Mudi Mudi" pidikkalainnu sonneenga-na "Thiruthani ku vandhu adippen, jOkradhai!" :twisted:
nalla vELai. Mudi mudi is my pick till now.

I like the meesical interlude in mere paa - the one that comes in the trailer - but not 'broad minded' enough to enjoy Bachchan lisping through the tune. I had to go back and listen to kAttu vazhi to reset my memory :lol2:

Ah well, vandhadhukku oNNu sollittu pOrEn: Gumm summ gumm is okay wonly. Naan ennennAmO edhirpaarthuttEn.

Aalavanthan
17th November 2009, 04:13 PM

south is not equal to kollywood, north is not equal to bollywood......Maniratnam is a tamilian but he is primarily a bollywood director u see :lol2: ........

when a film is made in Tamil, the audience or business is limited when compared to Hindi.. adhaan Madras Talkies ippo Bombay talkies aayiduchu with markets being targetted at Pakistan, US, UK and other countries :)

Plum
17th November 2009, 04:17 PM

south is not equal to kollywood, north is not equal to bollywood......Maniratnam is a tamilian but he is primarily a
adhAne nanaum sonnEn? adhAvadhu, Vidya Balan has got nothing to do with South industry illaiyA?

ore southie gumbal Maddy Balki-IR-PCS-Vidya Balan - unga tasteku othu varumAnnu yosichaen

IR, PCS, Balki ellAm even in that sense southies dhAnE. Adhuvum Balki, ivLO varushamA "AD Industry"-la irundhukittu jingle-king-ai ack paNNAma, IR pugazh paadurarunnA, avarai epdi Bolly gang-la sErkka mudiyum? PCS hasnt done Mani's bolly movies so avarum Southie dhAn. IR sollavE vENAm :-)

Plum
17th November 2009, 04:52 PM
This belongs here:

I am beginning to think, idhuvE indhila vandhu baradwaj rangan review paNNi irundhA?
"In a brilliant homage to yesteryear hit andhaman kaadhali, the comedian is named bannerjee. In the former, sivaji ganesan is a believed murderer trying to reunite with his family while surya in aadhavan unites with his family with intent to murder! Farah Khan shows such assured touches throughout the movie yada yada"
:-)

I didnt get Baradwaj's syntax right there but I am sure I caught his thought process and over-imaginative appreciation of non-existent nuances in Bolly movies very well there :-)

MADDY
17th November 2009, 05:23 PM
IR, PCS, Balki ellAm even in that sense southies dhAnE. Adhuvum Balki, ivLO varushamA "AD Industry"-la irundhukittu jingle-king-ai ack paNNAma, IR pugazh paadurarunnA, avarai epdi Bolly gang-la sErkka mudiyum? PCS hasnt done Mani's bolly movies so avarum Southie dhAn. IR sollavE vENAm :-)

my acknowledgement ellam oru matter-e illa, north indies peepal , Paa matrum IR meesic-a ack panradhu dhaan matter :) .....

Plum
22nd November 2009, 07:33 PM
North Indies ack is not expected, Maddy. Many of the websites appreciate it but call it 'simple'. Thats the last thing it is - I mean, I am not enaamoured of this album but simple, it is not

Appu s
22nd November 2009, 08:16 PM
Kambakht ishq - pathetic rip off,no match to PKS , PKS is a pure entertainment :bow:
read that 4 script writers invloved in this Rip off :banghead: ithula sylvester stallone vera spl. appearance :lol:

MADDY
25th November 2009, 07:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyKMPeOGXFE

trailer: Rocket singh- salesman of the year

Cast: Ranbir singh (saawariya fame)
Writer: Jaideep Sahni (Khosla ka ghosla fame)
Director: Shimit Amin (Chak De! fame)
Produer: Yashraj films (dimag ki m** beh** fame)

looks promising yaa.......:lol2:

Appu s
25th November 2009, 07:43 PM
Maddy did u watch Madhur's "Jail" ?

Plum
25th November 2009, 08:10 PM
Rajniti by jha. Katrina in key role :lol:

MADDY
25th November 2009, 09:02 PM
Maddy did u watch Madhur's "Jail" ?

madhur-oda sensibilities-kkum namakkum konjam dooram :oops: ........i liked chandni bar strictly upto some extent only........but will give a try on "Jail"......

there was a hilarious joke on madhur bandarkar's supposed next movie title in PFC or BR's blog - multiplex, cricket stadium, national highways etc :rotfl3:

Plum, katrina indhi kathhukuraangalaam........koundar: olagam azhinjidum :lol: atleast indhi azhinjidum :P

Plum
25th November 2009, 09:13 PM
Madhura pandaaragan ellaam maha kodumai. Even people who patronise him have given up on jail.

Appu s
25th November 2009, 10:26 PM
ennavo ponga, namakku avaroda 3 padam set aachu... will not miss this one too...

ajithfederer
28th November 2009, 09:31 AM
Mumbai meri jaan - Nalla irukku. Good acting by everybody especially Kay Kay and Irfan. Well narrated story. Nice, nice hmm. The old song at the end of the film is :).

MADDY
29th November 2009, 07:51 AM
Mumbai meri jaan - Nalla irukku. Good acting by everybody especially Kay Kay and Irfan. Well narrated story. Nice, nice hmm. The old song at the end of the film is :).

Feddy, madhavan ferfarmans pathhi oru rendu vaartha :)

ajithfederer
29th November 2009, 08:09 AM
Maddy kku enna sudhir, he was very good especially in the last scene when he is paranoid to enter the train again. Actually this is one of the plus points in the film as every character shares almost equal screen space.

MADDY
29th November 2009, 08:35 AM
Maddy kku enna sudhir, he was very good especially in the last scene when he is paranoid to enter the train again. Actually this is one of the plus points in the film as every character shares almost equal screen space.

yes 8-)

m_23_bayarea
30th November 2009, 11:06 PM
* LOVE AAJ KAL! Fabulous... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

* KAMBAKKHT ISHQ! So so... :notworthy:

P_R
5th December 2009, 06:34 PM
Rajniti by jha. Katrina in key role :lol:
enakku poster paarthadhumE chippu vandhuruchu :lol:

P_R
5th December 2009, 06:35 PM
Plum, Paa pArthAchA ?

P_R
5th December 2009, 06:36 PM
Tum Mile :-|

MADDY
5th December 2009, 07:22 PM
http://passionforcinema.com/announcing-that-girl-in-yellow-boots/

Anurag announced his next movie 2 months back but no news of it yet :roll: ......but why does he get side trakced into small films and unknown productions even after giving a superhit like DevD :( ......and the music director too is not Amit Trivedi...... :(

im going to open a thread for upcoming bollywood movies........it would be easier to track

MADDY
5th December 2009, 07:42 PM
Tum Mile :-|

kaun mile? :P

remba naala oru riqost - wanted u or equa or compli to write a synopsis on "No smoking"........thats one movie which i never fail to misunderstand consistently...........very very inaccessble to me atleast.......siberia portions or even the ayesha takia(secretary cum wife) parts extremely confusing

P_R
5th December 2009, 08:15 PM
:P Ah well..

remba naala oru riqost - wanted u or equa or compli to write a synopsis on "No smoking"........
indha mAdhiri yEdaakoodamA kEppeengannu dhaan naan padamE pAkkale.

As a matter of policy I don't watch film which the viewers will like ONLY if they understand.That's what the promos/reviews felt like. Adhunaala 'well left'.

And it's vexing for me - not interesting - to see the 'understanding' tending to: 'neenga solra maadhiriyum sollalaam, avar solra maadhiriyum sollalaam'.

equanimus
5th December 2009, 10:59 PM
As a matter of policy I don't watch film which the viewers will like ONLY if they understand.That's what the promos/reviews felt like.
No, on the contrary, this was a film which was not liked (or was widely criticised) because the viewers insisted on "understanding" it! I thought this was a dreamy stream-of-consciousness film which isn't interested at all in setting up the viewer to "decode" it. Beyond a point, it becomes just impossible to distinguish the real from the surreal, but there's an overall sense to it regardless.

And it's vexing for me - not interesting - to see the 'understanding' tending to: 'neenga solra maadhiriyum sollalaam, avar solra maadhiriyum sollalaam'.
I understand this concern though.

P_R
5th December 2009, 11:07 PM
Oh ok.
appo Maddy kEtta maadhiri Synopsaradhu.

btw type paNNi save paNNi post paNNaama vachirundhadhai andha thiriyila pOduradhA sonneeyaLE....

MADDY
5th December 2009, 11:27 PM
[tscii:623f29deef]
As a matter of policy I don't watch film which the viewers will like ONLY if they understand.That's what the promos/reviews felt like. Adhunaala 'well left'.

illa illa, i found it very interesting and engaging to see the free fall of John's character into a "dark" fantasy land........the narrative was distorted to dizzying extent that i couldnt tell whether what was happening around me :lol:....very very engaging watch - ungala madhiri "taste-aana" aalungalakkellam must watch :D .......since u get to know creators' idea behind a creation than most of us get, i just requested you - try pannunga, free tiathhla :)

adhula paarunga, i took BR's review today and was shocked to see he had echoed my thoughts exactly :bow:

As for me, after my engagement with No Smoking, here’s what I took away – the image of K descending, Orpheus-like, into an apparently bottomless underworld

the spectral visions that ripple past the screen as if spooks had gotten stuck in the theatre’s projection system, and what these eventually turn out to be

http://www.desipundit.com/baradwajrangan/2007/10/30/review-no-smoking/[/tscii:623f29deef]

MADDY
5th December 2009, 11:33 PM
No, on the contrary, this was a film which was not liked (or was widely criticised) because the viewers insisted on "understanding" it! I thought this was a dreamy stream-of-consciousness film which isn't interested at all in setting up the viewer to "decode" it. Beyond a point, it becomes just impossible to distinguish the real from the surreal, but there's an overall sense to it regardless.

adhu dhaan ennaaanu suthhama puriyala enakku or i donno if wat i thought abt it was right.......so, "enakku oru unmai therinjaaganum"-nnu tonti-fi yrsa alaya vechhittaanga :P

P_R
5th December 2009, 11:54 PM
I've read that article before MADDY and that's what convinced me I wouldn't like the film. And to some extent convinced me I wouldn't enjoy Baradwaj Rangan's writing as much as many others do.

kurippitta sila vishayangaL dhaan pudikkudhu. whattodo

How does one 'engage' without understanding ? I used to think that perhaps my 'negative reaction' to such works is because of the unease that comes with my understanding suddenly being messed with/suspended. I used to be respectful and accord some credit to the maker for creating such an experience. I gradually stopped being that generous when I began to 'understand' that to mess with someone's understanding isn't the hardest thing in the world. If not "idhuvum oru isai" maadhiri pOyirum.

Unless I am able to discern some semblance of creative vision/control I find it impossible to appreciate.

MADDY
6th December 2009, 03:28 AM
Unless I am able to discern some semblance of creative vision/control I find it impossible to appreciate.

ennavo ponga......art films naale ippadi dhaan, remba scattered-a, confuse panra madhiri dhaan irukkum illaya?.....(only other art film i saw was meenaxi, that too for thalaivar only)

P_R
6th December 2009, 12:02 PM
Mumbai Meri Jaan
bittubittA paarthurukkEn..innikku dhaan full-A pArthEn

Enjoyed it

Irfan Khan, Madhavan, Paresh Rawal, KKay Menon - excellent performances

Even (raththa) sogai was not bad at all.

Indhi acting :clap:

I saw AnjAdhe yesterday. The visual-style continues to impress but acting was just :x

MADDY
6th December 2009, 06:23 PM
I saw AnjAdhe yesterday. The visual-style continues to impress but acting was just :x

dialaaks mattum ennavaam :P

but yes, very very impressive camera work......

P_R
6th December 2009, 08:10 PM
Some dialogues were not bad

When Ponvannan says Parthiban was shot
Chappai: thuppAkkiliya ? mokkai paya saar avan. sinna kathila pOtturukkaNUm...periya aaL aakkittaanga :lol:

OTOH some of the lines were hilarious when spoken :lol2:

AC: What's the plan Keerthi ?
Ponvannan: We are planning to sniff Chappai sir :rotfl:

MADDY
7th December 2009, 07:48 AM
adhu ennamo, i felt important dialaaks to be funny as well - esp the ones where prasana tries to provoke Ajmal :lol:

P_R
7th December 2009, 08:21 AM
Prasana kErattarisationE funny-A irukkum.
adhai neengaLum naanumE sonnA, edhirkatchikkaaran pArthA enna ninaippAn. :oops:

MADDY
7th December 2009, 10:13 AM
adhai neengaLum naanumE sonnA, edhirkatchikkaaran pArthA enna ninaippAn. :oops:

aama aama, avaru namma settu :lol:

MADDY
7th December 2009, 10:20 AM
Plum, ivana BS-nnu sonnadhula thappe illa :evil:

http://spicezee.zeenews.com/articles/story48088.htm

vada poche

P_R
7th December 2009, 10:25 AM
Oh SeeniyammAL-DEsamugan split-A ?

Shahid green sand-nga. idhellAm promo.

MADDY
7th December 2009, 10:35 AM

unga appa , ini eppa CM aaguraaro appa dhaan naama onnu sera mudiyum-nnu sollirupaaha :lol:

Shahid green sand-nga. idhellAm promo.

avan, yaaru endha padathukku epaadi moonja vechhirakanum-nnu correcta theriyum...........avana pala theeya sakthigal(kareena, vidya balan) nerungiyum onnniyum aagala......

groucho070
7th December 2009, 11:25 AM
adhai neengaLum naanumE sonnA, edhirkatchikkaaran pArthA enna ninaippAn. :oops:Okay, statement recorded. :twisted:

Bala (Karthik)
7th December 2009, 02:22 PM
[tscii:93b9207435]

vada poche
Maddy,
Manam thalaraadheenga, summa lulululaaeee :razz:
Look at me

Reportedly, the actor is now flirting openly with his ‘CPD’ co-star Genelia D’Souza over social networking sites, and the actress too seems equally interested!
:rotfl2: [/tscii:93b9207435]

Plum
7th December 2009, 03:07 PM
Plum, Paa pArthAchA ?
illai :-( - Very bissy weld tour :-)

Nerd
7th December 2009, 09:07 PM

idhu yaaru? :oops:

littlemaster1982
7th December 2009, 09:14 PM

idhu yaaru? :oops:

Naan romba neram yosichuttu irundhen. Office-la irundhadhaala andha 'spicy' link ellam open panna bayama irundhudhu. Appuramdhan therinjudhu adhu Genelia - Ritesh Deshmukh :twisted:

Nerd
7th December 2009, 09:22 PM
Genelia - SeeniyammAL how yA?

yaaraavadhu idhukkellAm glossay pOdanum :twisted:

Bala (Karthik)
7th December 2009, 09:25 PM
G.Lia-Hritesh Deshmukh va solraaru :lol:

MADDY
7th December 2009, 10:26 PM
yapPaa

Cheeni kum's hot zafrani pulao confrontations and sweet music of raaja were lingering fresh when i stepped into theater to watch paa. I would be lying if i say Amitabh's 12 yr old getup, teasers, trailers on television channels were not drawing me. As soon as i saw Mrs.Bachhan reading out title credits, i smelled a rat (dead one at that). Film opens with Abhishek Bachan as aMOL, the idealist politician, who gets to meet 12yr old Auro(with a phsyique of 80 yr old) in a school function. Principal saab explains this condition as a disease called Progeria but goes on to term him very talented and creative. (Why do kids with special conditions need to always compensate with something else like brilliance etc? to me, its equivalent to saying "guy is dark but is still handsome"). Hold on to your seats, because The script then starts oscillating and starts shaking badly once we are thrown into love, pregnancy, practicality, emotions flashback of Vidya balan. Raaja tries his best to hold us with his rousing happy version of Mudi mudi and female(only) version of mudi mudi in the background. The movie then moves on to the shocker of seemingly never ending sub plot - "Abhisehk v Media" where Balki tries to get inspired from masters like Maniratnam but ends up as not even a patch on Shankar(master of such masala commentaries). The 12 yr old, seems to take a backseat as this sub plot thickens. There are very little details given about Auro or did i miss it in this rumble of indecent writing. The movie then veers into a "tamil-tv-serialisitc" mode with the director tying to interest us with the knot of "when Auro will actually meet his paa". The "so-near-yet-so-far" scenes adds to misery of the viewers. Raaja and his BGM are mute spectators to this misery.

Viday Balan, finally decides to reveal to Auro who his paa is. We are then taken to the next boring and recursive sequence of Auro roaming around with his paa throughout Delhi and checking if his "new found" paa and himself have similarities. All this without his Paa actually knowing that Auro is his son. Honestly, by this time, i lost all interest in this movie, since scirpt was not offering anything and we were denied the basic right of songs for more than a hour. As auro's condition worsens just like my patience, in hospital scenes, Raaja decides to move Balki to travellers seat and drives us through a beautiful ride. "Gum sum" song comes across like a Aquafina bottle in a sahara desert tour. But Balki somehow manages to shake us from this little happiness as well, by giving a karan-joahrish-kid-unites-parents twist to the movie. This is the limit and thankfully climax.

The movie broke down for me as soon it showed a 6 yr old characterisation for a 12yr old. The actions, dance moves, his friends were 3rd std stuff and not of a boy who is about to step into his teens. Did you dance in stage after receiving an award when you were in 7th std - God! Looks like most of the time were spent on Makeup, camera angles and Aura of Amitabh than characterisation. Auro comes across as "geoffery boycott's" grandson - adhaan, smart aleck, whose ony readily seen trait seems to be the witty replies. Auro never strikes a chord with audience with such wafer thin, detail-less characerisation. Amitabh only compunds this characerisation by acting like a retard and it looks like no homework done for this character. Vidya Balan, seems to be the knee jerk element in the movie who seems to decide life, love, marriage under 5 mins. Mind you, she is also the idealist, single woman who can fall only once in love in a lifetime. Vidya's mom character which starts with a promise of asking her daughter to give birth to the illegitimate child, later sinks to "aurat ye hai, woh hai" lines in the second half. Paresh Rawal, another idealist, north indian politician who retires in his 60's(how can one get more ideal), dishes out advices, supposedly with a great understanding of dyanmics of Indian politics. he recursively asks his son to wriggle out of the auro mess, but Abhishek decides to stay with his son. Abhishek, once again a victim of poor characerisation, is the surprise element of this movie. His character is of a idealist politician, who wants to change India, set things right and doesent want to marry in memory of his first love by rejecting juicy alliances from VIPs. But Abhishek takes control after the initial "angrez" hiccups. he shows restraint, control, Array of emotions in this performance. The scene where he cries over the bedside for Auro's depreciating medical condition takes the cake. No dialogues - only Raaja, PC and Abhishek. Abhishek, through his acting, stands tall and diminishes Amitabhs' image.

Dialogues were very nice at places but i could hardly detect a smart undertone or nuance in them. The "google se bach ke kahan jaayoge", "mein visiting time ke baare mein bol raha tha" etc and host of other witty Auro replies were good but after a point, they became recursive. Confused characterisations, lack of strong points in the screenplay killed whatever life was left in dialogues. This is so disappointing from a man who created very interesting scenarios in cheeni kum with dialogues and screenplay. Movie seemed extremely slow, since things started compounding for me right from first scene. The screenplay was so worn out and un-crisp, devoid of any timing. So much so that i didnt mind the karan-joharish climax, because it was atleast coming to an end. Abhishek Bachan is the only thing i would take away from this movie where Raaja tries his best to infuse interest, but is definitely not in my list of "DVD-revisits".

Bala (Karthik)
8th December 2009, 01:20 AM
we were denied the basic right of songs for more than a hour
:rotfl2:

(in this post, flat details paakkala, general-a alasinen).
Padam lighta overrated-a irukkumo nu mild a doubt irundhuchu, aana ippadi irukkum nu edhirpaakkala. Adhuvum oru vidhathula nalladhu dhaan.
Will be watching tomorrow, probably :yes:

tamizharasan
8th December 2009, 03:40 AM
yapPaa

Cheeni kum's hot zafrani pulao confrontations and sweet music of raaja were lingering fresh when i stepped into theater to watch paa. I would be lying if i say Amitabh's 12 yr old getup, teasers, trailers on television channels were not drawing me. As soon as i saw Mrs.Bachhan reading out title credits, i smelled a rat (dead one at that). Film opens with Abhishek Bachan as aMOL, the idealist politician, who gets to meet 12yr old Auro(with a phsyique of 80 yr old) in a school function. Principal saab explains this condition as a disease called Progeria but goes on to term him very talented and creative. (Why do kids with special conditions need to always compensate with something else like brilliance etc? to me, its equivalent to saying "guy is dark but is still handsome"). Hold on to your seats, because The script then starts oscillating and starts shaking badly once we are thrown into love, pregnancy, practicality, emotions flashback of Vidya balan. Raaja tries his best to hold us with his rousing happy version of Mudi mudi and female(only) version of mudi mudi in the background. The movie then moves on to the shocker of seemingly never ending sub plot - "Abhisehk v Media" where Balki tries to get inspired from masters like Maniratnam but ends up as not even a patch on Shankar(master of such masala commentaries). The 12 yr old, seems to take a backseat as this sub plot thickens. There are very little details given about Auro or did i miss it in this rumble of indecent writing. The movie then veers into a "tamil-tv-serialisitc" mode with the director tying to interest us with the knot of "when Auro will actually meet his paa". The "so-near-yet-so-far" scenes adds to misery of the viewers. Raaja and his BGM are mute spectators to this misery.

Viday Balan, finally decides to reveal to Auro who his paa is. We are then taken to the next boring and recursive sequence of Auro roaming around with his paa throughout Delhi and checking if his "new found" paa and himself have similarities. All this without his Paa actually knowing that Auro is his son. Honestly, by this time, i lost all interest in this movie, since scirpt was not offering anything and we were denied the basic right of songs for more than a hour. As auro's condition worsens just like my patience, in hospital scenes, Raaja decides to move Balki to travellers seat and drives us through a beautiful ride. "Gum sum" song comes across like a Aquafina bottle in a sahara desert tour. But Balki somehow manages to shake us from this little happiness as well, by giving a karan-joahrish-kid-unites-parents twist to the movie. This is the limit and thankfully climax.

The movie broke down for me as soon it showed a 6 yr old characterisation for a 12yr old. The actions, dance moves, his friends were 3rd std stuff and not of a boy who is about to step into his teens. Did you dance in stage after receiving an award when you were in 7th std - God! Looks like most of the time were spent on Makeup, camera angles and Aura of Amitabh than characterisation. Auro comes across as "geoffery boycott's" grandson - adhaan, smart aleck, whose ony readily seen trait seems to be the witty replies. Auro never strikes a chord with audience with such wafer thin, detail-less characerisation. Amitabh only compunds this characerisation by acting like a retard and it looks like no homework done for this character. Vidya Balan, seems to be the knee jerk element in the movie who seems to decide life, love, marriage under 5 mins. Mind you, she is also the idealist, single woman who can fall only once in love in a lifetime. Vidya's mom character which starts with a promise of asking her daughter to give birth to the illegitimate child, later sinks to "aurat ye hai, woh hai" lines in the second half. Paresh Rawal, another idealist, north indian politician who retires in his 60's(how can one get more ideal), dishes out advices, supposedly with a great understanding of dyanmics of Indian politics. he recursively asks his son to wriggle out of the auro mess, but Abhishek decides to stay with his son. Abhishek, once again a victim of poor characerisation, is the surprise element of this movie. His character is of a idealist politician, who wants to change India, set things right and doesent want to marry in memory of his first love by rejecting juicy alliances from VIPs. But Abhishek takes control after the initial "angrez" hiccups. he shows restraint, control, Array of emotions in this performance. The scene where he cries over the bedside for Auro's depreciating medical condition takes the cake. No dialogues - only Raaja, PC and Abhishek. Abhishek, through his acting, stands tall and diminishes Amitabhs' image.

Dialogues were very nice at places but i could hardly detect a smart undertone or nuance in them. The "google se bach ke kahan jaayoge", "mein visiting time ke baare mein bol raha tha" etc and host of other witty Auro replies were good but after a point, they became recursive. Confused characterisations, lack of strong points in the screenplay killed whatever life was left in dialogues. This is so disappointing from a man who created very interesting scenarios in cheeni kum with dialogues and screenplay. Movie seemed extremely slow, since things started compounding for me right from first scene. The screenplay was so worn out and un-crisp, devoid of any timing. So much so that i didnt mind the karan-joharish climax, because it was atleast coming to an end. Abhishek Bachan is the only thing i would take away from this movie where Raaja tries his best to infuse interest, but is definitely not in my list of "DVD-revisits".

Other reviews were saying that this is one of the best movies ever made in Indian cinema and declaring that Amitji is the most accomplished actor on the other side of atlantic ocean. What is this? Are they blind or trying to act like ones.

tamizharasan
8th December 2009, 03:43 AM
Jail is one movie, which worths a visit in recent hindi films.

tamizharasan
8th December 2009, 03:48 AM
we were denied the basic right of songs for more than a hour
:rotfl2:

(in this post, flat details paakkala, general-a alasinen).
Padam lighta overrated-a irukkumo nu mild a doubt irundhuchu, aana ippadi irukkum nu edhirpaakkala. Adhuvum oru vidhathula nalladhu dhaan.
Will be watching tomorrow, probably :yes:

I will wait for DVD.

AravindMano
9th December 2009, 09:36 AM
"Paa"thutten! :D Konjamaachum puriyumaanu doubt-oda ponen, but, surprise surprise, Sathyam-la subtitle oda pottaanga :omg: :bluejump: (They are not playing for all shows, i heard. May be matiness, not sure)

First impression - average dhaan. The screenplay is so bad that, below average nu kooda sollalaam. But, There is a lot to read into the film, i think. Subtext kaNakka. Innoru thadava paakkaNum. Script wise nalla yosichurukkaaru, but execution not upto the mark.

Vidya Balan and Senoir Bachchan are the real stars of the film. Junior ok dhaan. Arundati Naag was very impressive too! If Amitabh suffers from Progeria Grigeria, all the roles suffer from poor writing!

PC Sreeram ku oru :2thumbsup: and Raja ku oru :2thumbsup: (Goosebumps when his name is announced in the credits by Jaya Bachchan, theatre la PC & Raja per announce paNNappo avLO claps :o :notworthy: )

AravindMano
9th December 2009, 10:03 AM
Solla marandhuttanae, padam mudinjadhum, theatre la bayangara claps :o Edhukku nu thelre, may be ippavaachum padam mudinjidhaanu irukkalaam :P But, through out the film, the crowd was enjoying the film.

P_R
9th December 2009, 12:17 PM
Genelia - SeeniyammAL how yA?
adhukku engaLai maadhiri, neengaLum sellamA Genie-nu kooptirundhA purinjirukkum.

kid-glove
11th December 2009, 07:42 PM
Bolly, here we come. (http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs043.snc3/13056_196415578354_784328354_3160509_6942155_n.jpg )

(got it from venki's FB page)

app_engine
12th December 2009, 12:45 AM
Bolly, here we come. (http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs043.snc3/13056_196415578354_784328354_3160509_6942155_n.jpg )

(got it from venki's FB page)

bingleguy
12th December 2009, 12:50 AM
Chak De India :roll: third time though :P

app_engine
13th December 2009, 10:14 AM
Yet to see pA, but read this article :

BRangan on Balki -

Thanks to Balki, the rest of India knows now what we Tamils were celebrating in the latter half of the eighties, and all the way up to Roja.

http://www.expressbuzz.com/edition/story.aspx?Title=On+the+trail+of+mani&artid=lviDjVMEjtI=&SectionID=f4OberbKin4=&MainSectionID=f4OberbKin4=&SEO=&SectionName=cxWvYpmNp4fBHAeKn3LcnQ==

Quite an interesting article, calling Balki an EkalavyA (MR being the DhrOnAchAryA)

MADDY
13th December 2009, 11:57 AM
i cant believe that Mr.Rangan liked Paa :) .......i agree that Paa had huge traces of Maniratnam everywhere - the scene where Abhishek bachan sends slumdwellers into journalists homes was straight out of maniratnams' communist books :lol: ......

and another person who thinks maniratnam post-roja is a different man......and when Mr.Rangan says that - it carries weight.......hmm, probably, even i need to think on these lines and maybe start neglecting his pre-1992 works :D

Wibha
13th December 2009, 04:06 PM
maddy did you write that review for Paa? :shock:

Wibha
13th December 2009, 04:12 PM

vada poche

they would indeed make a cute couple..

<3 <3

genelia and ritesh deshmukh were dating :shock: :shock: :shock:

MADDY
13th December 2009, 07:08 PM

yes - i know u liked Paa :oops:

thats bcos u havent seen her with me :lol2:

Appu s
14th December 2009, 12:58 AM
PAA - Onnium solrathukkillai, just a Time pass.. ethukku intha padam? Balki inspired from TZP... but the script is too weak..... IR sir is the only relief to some extend....

Wibha
14th December 2009, 01:29 AM

I didn't read the whole review :oops: Too long adhaan ketean avlo periya review neen ezhudhinadahnu :shock:

nallavela paathadhilla :lol2:

ajithfederer
14th December 2009, 06:17 AM
Khosla ka Ghosla - This film is just about fine. Performances were good. Bomman Irani was :lol:

Plum
14th December 2009, 06:40 AM
Pachan prosthetic pinnaala pOna super physical performance. - dasavatharam mattum maidha maavu kamal. Indha baradwajkku shame shame-na ennannE theriyAma pochu. En. Dasala kamal baady language theiyalaiyA?

In his own words, this is pattabhiraman-parminder syndrome.

AravindMano
14th December 2009, 11:16 AM
[tscii:7245d67319]My Take:

In one of the final sequences of Paa, Vidya (Vidya Balan) bursts out at her estranged (and now apologetic) lover (and the father of her son), Amol(Abishek) - “Just by lending your bloody sperm to me, you don’t become the bloody father of my son”. Shot beautifully in rain by P.C.Sriram, it is one of the key moments of the film for at least three reasons. One - it is such a powerful statement coming from an Indian Maa, enacted brilliantly by Vidya Balan. Two - It is the last moment of the film, as you would not empathize with any of these characters after this point. Three - It is an intentional/unintentional self mocking observation that the film makes, with only 20 more minutes for the Climax to come, so far not making its point about the rare father-son-son-father story!

Writer Balki takes this equation of a mother and father - a mother whose aspiration and devotion lies with the child and a father whose aspiration lies outside. The choice of their occupations brings an instant smile - She is a gynecologist (Who understands the bond to a kid, better than a gynecologist mother?) and He is a politician. Vidya and Amol, fall in love and break up because of a disagreement over abortion, all in a jiffy. They part ways, taking up their choice of responsibility - it’s the baby for Vidya and politics for Amol. Vidya handles the accelerated ageing of her kid ( he looks 60 though he is 13 years old), Amol tries to infuse young blood in the age old politics. Both of them are cool - they handle that “extra attention” that arises because of their responsibility, in the coolest way possible. (Vidya shuts the curious woman at the park amazingly; and for Amol, you have this long long episode involving media).Both of them are supported by their single parent. Balki even extends this mother-father equation to a man-woman conflict - Vidya lives with her mom and interestingly she grew up as a fatherless child; Amol lives with his father and there is no mention about his mom. This man-woman equation is full of contrasts - check out their introductory sequences - Vidya’s mother (A superb Arundati Nag) keeps asking repeatedly, “Tumae yeh bachche chaahiyae, ya nahi chaahiyae”, bothering least about Vidya’s fear about the society and career. Amol’s father (Paresh Rawal), interestingly, steps into the shoes of media and rival politicians and asks Amol every question that they would raise about Amol’s ambitious slum development project.

And towards the end, the whole equation is balanced by Auro and his little girl friend beautifully, though very contrived.

Let’s get this straight - Balki is definitely a smart writer. Right from establishing this setup and exploiting every interesting contrast that arises from it - Balki is a winner. Paa, at the best, can be defined as a series of tiny episodes of varying effectiveness, playing out without any frills. Be that quirky moment where Amol, the cool “visionary” of India, confesses on TV that not using a condom was a mistake or the Kichadi / Hichaki moment - Paa appeals instantly. Imagine this - Amol “legally” stops media from making any news out of Auro, helps Auro to remain a secret (Auro‘s friend quips, “Your secret is going to be out”), without knowing that Auro is his own son, whom he wanted to be aborted, to remain a permanent secret! (Ilaiyaraja underscores this beautifully by playing the same mood piece for the both the sequences). Paa is loaded with such moments, in perfect AD-Maker’s spirit!

But AD-Maker’s execution of this script doesn’t pass muster. Try hard, but you cannot shake off the feel that nothing much happens during most of Paa. Much of Balki’s ideas are clearly established earlier in the film and he moves towards his target, The Great Melodramatic End, accompanied only by these pleasing moments, making all those genuinely thought-out ideas look a bit contrived. Ultimately, Paa could have been better though its very enjoyable as a whole.I right way disagree with anyone calling the Progeria angle pointless. SPOILER ALERT On a completely different plane, Paa works as the story of an aborted-to-be baby, who lives and ages fast, reaching his end as soon as possible and makes his parents’ marriage a reality. It is chilling to note that he is sort of ‘deformed’ when his parents marry. The Corpus Clock (ChronoPhage, literally the “time eater”) is a mysterious clock; it keeps ticking without the hands and as you watch and shows accurate time only once in five minutes, making time fly. This clock features during the romantic episode to denote the rapid bonding between Amol and Vidya. The same clock makes a fleeting appearance when Amol carries Auro on his back. Time is defined differently for this whole family! END OF SPOILERS

If Auro suffers from Progeria, every character in Paa suffers from poor writing. Vidya Balan not only rises above her recent fashion disasters and box-office disasters, but also above her poorly written role and shines admirably as a doting mother. On a sarcastic note, even the characters suffer from accelerated maturity - Vidya from a careless young girl to the doctor who advices about right time for pregnancy; Amol from a love who suggested abortion to the one who says “I will kill anyone who destroys my son”.

If casting Amitabh as Auro is a masterstroke, advertising Paa as a rare father-son-son-father story is a marketing masterstroke! Paa works better as a mother-son story by all means.Anil Naidu is already at the receiving end for his not-so-easy-on-the-eyes editing of Ittefaaq se sequences, but it is an interesting idea - the editing takes the role of the narrator here (They bumped into each other - drank coffee-fell in love..). The brief shot of the power-cut dark slum is enough to appreciate cinematographer P.C.Sreeram. And then you have Ilaiyaraja, who creates the mood for the film impeccably.

I haven’t mentioned about Amitabh Bachchan - Auro, the hero. I am reserving it for those of you gonna watch this film, as Paa, much more than anything else, is a pleasing as well as rewarding date with Auro aka Big B.
[/tscii:7245d67319]

MADDY
14th December 2009, 12:21 PM
[tscii:5ca9601d4d]
PAA - Onnium solrathukkillai, just a Time pass..

movie was anything but that :shock: .....yaar kooda pona :P

Balki even extends this mother-father equation to a man-woman conflict - Vidya lives with her mom and interestingly she grew up as a fatherless child; Amol lives with his father and there is no mention about his mom. This man-woman equation is full of contrasts

eh?? the mother-son and grandma-grandson relationship(boy-woman) is to be taken as a counterpoint?......

Much of Balki’s ideas are clearly established earlier in the film and he moves towards his target, The Great Melodramatic End, accompanied only by these pleasing moments, making all those genuinely thought-out ideas look a bit contrived. Ultimately, Paa could have been better though its very enjoyable as a whole

the "pleasing moments" were pretty much scattered in the movie which made it look very unstable and gave the impression of a oscillating characterisation/screenplay :) ......

If casting Amitabh as Auro is a masterstroke, advertising Paa as a rare father-son-son-father story is a marketing masterstroke

i kinda liked that abhishek dominated for most of screen time because the film is about "Paa" after all and not Auro :D .......but in the process of this makeups, sensationilising, - the screenplay suffers a lot......im very apprehensive now on such "different" indian films........Sivaji for example was an extremely good looking movie but way below shankar's screenplay tightness.......i think they waste so much in these things that they lower the priority for writing
[/tscii:5ca9601d4d]

Appu s
14th December 2009, 12:58 PM
PAA - Onnium solrathukkillai, just a Time pass..
movie was anything but that :shock: .....yaar kooda pona :P

NI colleagues kooda than.. Time pass konjam rude than..paathuttu vantha vegathula ezhuthitten.. it was big let down for me... the enjoyable scenes for me were Auro's Oneliners and Vidhya's single mother performance.. abhishek's scenes were fit for nothing.. those media bashing scenes.. :fatigue: a cliched climax...

AravindMano
14th December 2009, 01:01 PM
[tscii:111385a51e]

Balki even extends this mother-father equation to a man-woman conflict - Vidya lives with her mom and interestingly she grew up as a fatherless child; Amol lives with his father and there is no mention about his mom. This man-woman equation is full of contrasts

eh?? the mother-son and grandma-grandson relationship(boy-woman) is to be taken as a counterpoint?......[/tscii:111385a51e]

Nope. I felt it worked as meeting of two worlds -> Mother, GrandMa on one side, Father, Grand Pa on the other side. Auro and the little girl are just role reversals of Auro's dad and mom (one being apologetic and other being adamant). Of course, all these didnt come out very strongly. May be it was intentional.

Of course, "to be taken" nu solla maatten. Idhellaam chumma namma adichchu vidradhu dhaane. :lol:

[tscii:111385a51e]

Much of Balki’s ideas are clearly established earlier in the film and he moves towards his target, The Great Melodramatic End, accompanied only by these pleasing moments, making all those genuinely thought-out ideas look a bit contrived. Ultimately, Paa could have been better though its very enjoyable as a whole

the "pleasing moments" were pretty much scattered in the movie which made it look very unstable and gave the impression of a oscillating characterisation/screenplay :) ......

[/tscii:111385a51e]

Agree. I too felt that. >>Try hard, but you cannot shake off the feel that nothing much happens during most of Paa.>>

Plum
14th December 2009, 01:06 PM

I didn't read the whole review :oops: Too long adhaan ketean avlo periya review neen ezhudhinadahnu :shock:

nallavela paathadhilla :lol2:

Nakkerar:indha kavidhai ningal ezhudhiyadhu dhaana
Dharumi: naan dhaan ezhudhinen.pinne, mandapathula yaaro ezhudhi koduthadhaiya vandhu padikkaen
:lol - nom , was reminded of that conversation :-)

MADDY
14th December 2009, 01:25 PM
Nakkerar:indha kavidhai ningal ezhudhiyadhu dhaana
Dharumi: naan dhaan ezhudhinen.pinne, mandapathula yaaro ezhudhi koduthadhaiya vandhu padikkaen
:lol - nom , was reminded of that conversation :-)

np :lol: ........wibha's statement reminded me of "evalavu periya maathirai" dialogue from panchathanthiram :lol:

Wibha
14th December 2009, 01:58 PM
:oops: :lol:

Seriously more than 10 sentences reviews should be banned :twisted:

app_engine
18th December 2009, 06:43 PM
From the pA thread on IR's music forum :

Watched pA.

I loved the way songs are placed in the movie, helping to move the narrative rather than stalling it. My most preferred way. Also, there's no "lipping" the lines :-)

The best one is 'hulke sE bOlE' and it was goose pimple stuff for me with eyes swelling with tears, one great song finally found presence on-screen. That too at the beginning of the movie, also indicating that IR has got a "puththam puthukkAlai" north of vindhyAs :wink:

'mudhi, mudhi' (and the other two nice variants) are placed at appropriate places, helping to move the narrative beautifully. Serves as great BGM / OST as well.

'hichki-hichki' is kind of MR style but with much less effectiveness. Same goes for 'gum sum gum', ok but not so much effective.

Other than the songs as BGM themselves, on the music front, there wasn't much I could appreciate personally - average stuff from IR with the exception of the 'pA' theme ofcourse. Actually, even that theme somehow didn't stand out on the movie.

Except the confusing characters of Abhishek & Vidya, I liked all others. Ofcourse the big B is lovable and a commendable effort.

On the whole, an average movie, that could only raise on me, say, 10% of emotional 'pongal' of movies like anjali. May be that's the intention of the director (and he's quite successful in the north with this level). Personally, I'm quite fond of strong scenes (e.g. Appu walking dejected upon his mom's negative comments about his height) and felt that way only on the opening scene when 'hulke sE bOlE' was played. (And I've seen and appreciated an exhibit item similar to the winning one in the movie, in 1996 at NYC, talked about it to 100's of friends, and it's something close to my heart personally).

Well, I'm happy the songs are successful and IR got his second commercially hit movie in Hindi. Other than that, an average movie (though better than many TF movies I've seen in the last few years).

Surya
18th December 2009, 09:16 PM
Kambakkt Ishq! :rotfl:

Nerd
20th December 2009, 11:03 AM
Kurbaaan - The worst. indha padathukku reviews nallA irukkunu d/l panni pAthadhu suththa waste.

Wibha
20th December 2009, 11:21 AM
Wake Up Sid- :cool:

great
20th December 2009, 06:52 PM

Same here. Liked the first half compared to second half. Neverthless, WUS movie can be watched once. Itkara song was good. Konkana Sen looks elder to Ranbeer singh.

how is the movie rocket sing....?

Plum
21st December 2009, 07:27 AM
a bunch of (apparently) teenaged BS_Kappoor fans discussing Ilaiyaraja (http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1279047&TPN=8)

Have faxed (the best in the business of political somersault related documentation), Murasoli editor, to type out a mannippu and raasiyaagum kadidham for Sagid kappooor. :-)

Wibha
21st December 2009, 07:58 AM

Same here. Liked the first half compared to second half. Neverthless, WUS movie can be watched once. Itkara song was good. Konkana Sen looks elder to Ranbeer singh.

I think even in the movie she's older than him if I'm not wrong. I remember her saying in some scene she's 27 and he's like 24(?) :?

MADDY
21st December 2009, 03:13 PM

I think even in the movie she's older than him if I'm not wrong. I remember her saying in some scene she's 27 and he's like 24(?) :?

yes. Sid wakes up into adulthood and konkana relives her childhood is the end of the story actually.

MADDY
21st December 2009, 03:16 PM
a bunch of (apparently) teenaged BS_Kappoor fans discussing Ilaiyaraja (http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1279047&TPN=8)

both sides damage:

a.r rahman was his assistant

anybody that rahman praised or worked for must be AMAZING

:lol2:

adhe ketta vaartha. y blood, saem blood

Plum
21st December 2009, 10:11 PM
Saw that Maddy. But underlying the framing of those sentences, there is a clear visible respect for Rahman AND Raja in a way we bhaktakodigal of one side or the other will never be able to muster.

MADDY
21st December 2009, 11:22 PM
Saw that Maddy. But underlying the framing of those sentences, there is a clear visible respect for Rahman AND Raja in a way we bhaktakodigal of one side or the other will never be able to muster.

i dont know if they realise who rahman is or who raaja is, as well. but let them not - appadiye irukkatum avanga :D

tamizharasan
21st December 2009, 11:22 PM
Wake up Sid is decent movie. It had lot of Dil Chahta Influence in the picturisation. Definitely a worth watch.

Bala (Karthik)
21st December 2009, 11:54 PM
A few scenes from London Dreams - shabbaaaa.... Like Vadivel says in the "ponnaarum" comedy, "sodhikkadheengada, sodhikkaadheenga!"

Asin tholla vera thaala mudiyalappa :x

MADDY
22nd December 2009, 03:46 PM
A few scenes from London Dreams - shabbaaaa.... Like Vadivel says in the "ponnaarum" comedy, "sodhikkadheengada, sodhikkaadheenga!"

yen neenga adhellam paakkureenga :lol: . Asin was good in ullam ketkume - thats it. she has been stinking since then

Bala (Karthik)
22nd December 2009, 05:08 PM

yen neenga adhellam paakkureenga :lol: . Asin was good in ullam ketkume - thats it. she has been stinking since then
Kood kostin, missus evvalavu sonnaalum kekkama indha madhiri DVD-a eduthuttu vandhurraanga :twisted:

Tata Sky ad is the pinnacle of Asin's asingam :x

great
23rd December 2009, 04:06 AM

yeah, in the film he would be 22 something and she would be 27.

kid-glove
25th December 2009, 12:19 AM
Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.... :fatigue:

kid-glove
25th December 2009, 12:28 AM
What next for Bolly superstars mainstream fixation to disability and impending manipulation? Black..TZP...Paa...what next? All we need is Shahrukh to sign off with autism or down syndrome disorder. Or a desi potpourri of Tin Drum-meets-Baazigar. Or adolescent sexual dysfunction with Karan Johar.Casting coup of the year. :lol:

bingleguy
25th December 2009, 01:29 AM
What next for Bolly superstars mainstream fixation to disability and impending manipulation? Black..TZP...Paa...what next? All we need is Shahrukh to sign off with autism or down syndrome disorder. A desi version of Tin Drum. Or adolescent sexual dysfunction with Karan Johar.Casting coup of the year. :lol:

:rotfl: oh boy ! wat a terrific way of seeing things ;-)

Wibha
25th December 2009, 02:17 AM
What next for Bolly superstars mainstream fixation to disability and impending manipulation? Black..TZP...Paa...what next? All we need is Shahrukh to sign off with autism or down syndrome disorder. Or a desi potpourri of Tin Drum-meets-Baazigar. Or adolescent sexual dysfunction with Karan Johar.Casting coup of the year. :lol:

:rotfl:

umm TZP and Black cant be compared to Paa :notthatway:

Nerd
25th December 2009, 10:36 AM
Kashyap fans (Maddy thaviRa vERa yaarum?) Paanch is out on youtube :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdkUxK1DpmA&feature=related

Plum
25th December 2009, 11:02 AM

Wish granted. Saarug gaan playing disabled(Not sure what is disabled - let's hope it is, as per your wish, 'adolescent sexual dysfunction' :lol:) in My Name is Khan!

MADDY
25th December 2009, 12:35 PM

:rotfl:

umm TZP and Black cant be compared to Paa :notthatway:

:exactly: and esp TZP is a much superior product than what is portrayed in HUB......apart from "sudden" shifting of gears, nothing much can be held against the film........some shots were very technically sound and also had one of the best music in recent times......

jaaze
25th December 2009, 12:36 PM
TZP is an amazing film :)

MADDY
25th December 2009, 12:39 PM
my name is khan - oh the guy tries to meet the US president is the story it seems :lol: .........

Kashyap fans (Maddy thaviRa vERa yaarum?) Paanch is out on youtube Very Happy

i donno how to thank you more than just a :bow: .......do you get these updates from pfc or somewhere?? u got us "last train to mahakali" even this way rite? :)

kid-glove
25th December 2009, 04:07 PM

Wish granted. Saarug gaan playing disabled(Not sure what is disabled - let's hope it is, as per your wish, 'adolescent sexual dysfunction' :lol:) in My Name is Khan!

kid-glove
25th December 2009, 04:11 PM
TZP is probably much superior. Black suffers from is opulence and melodramatic bursts. Otherwise, they are okay. Even Paa was watchable. But these are all centered on disabled children and they manipulate & contrive for dramatic effects - There ends the comparison..

Nerd
26th December 2009, 12:45 AM
.do you get these updates from pfc or somewhere?? u got us "last train to mahakali" even this way rite? :)
LTTM was a random youtube search Maddy. I was plain lucky.

I got the links to Paanch through PFC. Btw, d/lded it off torrents. Have to make some time somehow to watch it this weekend. :-)

littlemaster1982
26th December 2009, 06:40 AM
Subtitles irukkudha :oops:

Appu s
26th December 2009, 01:19 PM
.do you get these updates from pfc or somewhere?? u got us "last train to mahakali" even this way rite? :)
LTTM was a random youtube search Maddy. I was plain lucky.

I got the links to Paanch through PFC. Btw, d/lded it off torrents. Have to make some time somehow to watch it this weekend. :-)

what is PFC? :oops:

littlemaster1982
26th December 2009, 01:30 PM
Passion for Cinema (www.passionforcinema.com). Anurag Kashyap writes there sometime.

Appu s
26th December 2009, 01:51 PM
Passion for Cinema (www.passionforcinema.com). Anurag Kashyap writes there sometime.

oh ok, have seen this before, hubber Jainganesh used to post... :ty: LM

Nerd
27th December 2009, 02:38 PM
Sorry LM, no subtitles. Its a pirated, *preview* version.

Just finished watching it. One of those rare movies which leaves you speechless. Very very raw, have not seen anything like this in Indian films before. There is nothing *positive* about almost all the characters in the film. But great writing. Best part of the film is the dialogues (I understood about 80%, also the audio was not all that great). Crude, obscene and very very witty. The twists were unpredictable. Kay kay and Vijay Maurya were outstanding. Adithya Shrivastava was good too.

Almost all the numbers used in the film were "5"s and in fact, all the "S"s in the title were twisted into "5"s - Written and Directed by Anurag Ka5hyap :D

Can't believe it was Kashyapji's first.

littlemaster1982
27th December 2009, 03:05 PM
Oh, Thanks Nerd. Subs illama enakku oru mannum puriyaadhu :oops:

Appu s
27th December 2009, 03:50 PM

Just finished watching it. One of those rare movies which leaves you speechless. Very very raw, have not seen anything like this in Indian films before. There is nothing *positive* about almost all the characters in the film. But great writing. Best part of the film is the dialogues (I understood about 80%, also the audio was not all that great). Crude, obscene and very very witty. The twists were unpredictable. Kay kay and Vijay Maurya were outstanding. Adithya Shrivastava was good too.

Almost all the numbers used in the film were "5"s and in fact, all the "S"s in the title were twisted into "5"s - Written and Directed by Anurag Ka5hyap :D

:D thriller fan will not miss this movie nnu padicha nyabagam...
:ty: Nerd

Wibha
27th December 2009, 10:59 PM
Pardes- idk why I used to love this movie :roll:

SRK carries himself so well :shock:

MADDY
28th December 2009, 07:53 AM

wow, waiting to watch this.....:clap:

yes, thats how i felt abt Gulaal too - even the main character dileep had no sympathies......i didnt find Gulaal depressing at all :)

as i keep repeating, Anuragji's biggest strength is his dialogues - though people keep accusing him of borrowing hollywood screenplay techniques - where does the dialogues come from? he is the real techie sort of guy in writing - :D

MADDY
29th December 2009, 03:43 PM

yea, pretty much uncanny film......it looks like Anurag was just warming up.......the pace of the movie was deliberately slow at some places - now i understand the slow second half of DevD as well.......its just that devd's climax doesent take off but the punches in paanch are delivered superbly......reminded me a lot about Gulaal (which i have fallen in love nowadays).......dialogues were killers - murgi ka naam champa hai, chalegaa?? :rotfl3: .......couple of sequences like the robbery scene was pretty abrupt and didnt suit....i must confess that i understood the surface part only - if there were any undertones, i didnt get it then :D ........though i could predict the final twist some 10 mins before - we shuld understand that this movie was made 4 yrs before Johnny Gaddar - the best thriller of our generation :bow:

Kashyapar-kku sela vekkanum kodambakkathula :thumbsup:

P_R
29th December 2009, 04:01 PM
Only DevD and Gulaal thus far.
EnnamO indha Kashyaparai muzhu manasOda pudikka mAttEngudhu.

Bharadwajarai appidiyE saapida mudiyudhu. I haven't even watched Blue Umbrella yet.

MADDY
29th December 2009, 04:27 PM
Only DevD and Gulaal thus far.
EnnamO indha Kashyaparai muzhu manasOda pudikka mAttEngudhu.

Bharadwajarai appidiyE saapida mudiyudhu. I haven't even watched Blue Umbrella yet.

Kubrick: Kashyap
Kamal: Baradwaj

:lol2:

MADDY
31st December 2009, 07:16 AM
Nominations for best song of the year 2009 podungappa:

1. Sapno se bhare naina (Luck by Saans)
2. Nayan Tarse (devD)
3. Emotional athyachar - Rock (Devd)
4. Emotional athyachar - brass (devd)
5. Pardesi (DevD)
6. Payaliya (devd)
7. Dil gira dafatan (Delhi-6)
8. Rehna tu (Delhi-6)
9. Masakkali (Delhi-6)
10. Iktara (WUS)
11. Mudi mudi (paa)
12. Tum mile (TUm mile)

we will get a poll created here

Nerd
31st December 2009, 09:32 AM
1. Nayan Tarse (Dev D)
2. Masakkali (Delhi 6)
3. Mudi Mudi (Paa)
4. Iktara (Wake up Sid)
5. Emotional Atyachar - Rock (Dev D)
6. Rehna Tu (Delhi 6)
7. Dhan Te Nan (Kaminey)
8. Emotional Atyachar - Band (Dev D)
9. Ranaji (Gulaal)
10.Kaminey (Kaminey)

Plum
31st December 2009, 11:22 AM
On a different note, finally heard Dev D album fully(mostly) in a flight.

Maybe, I shouldnt have read the reviews and the hype - but "idhukku dhAn imbuttu pEcha" was the reaction.

(Maddy, Nerd & PR: "nInga innum sariyA pakkuva padalaNNE")

Plum
31st December 2009, 11:23 AM
OTOH, return flight-la caught up with Delhi 6. Decided to buy the CD.

Appu s
31st December 2009, 11:32 AM
1.Rehna tu
2.Masakali
3.Emotional atyachar
4.Dil gira
5.Ikatara

P_R
31st December 2009, 12:03 PM
Maybe, I shouldnt have read the reviews and the hype - but "idhukku dhAn imbuttu pEcha" was the reaction.

Show cause notice issued asking why your status as musical should not be revoked.

P_R
31st December 2009, 12:04 PM
Maddy, alert-A irunga. unga nAthanAr remba teknikA irukkaanga.

littlemaster1982
31st December 2009, 12:10 PM

Show cause notice issued asking why your status as musical should not be revoked.

Plum
31st December 2009, 12:30 PM

:lol: yOv, nesamA thAnya solrEn.

Plum
31st December 2009, 12:30 PM

revoke pandradhum paNNAdhadhum unga ishtam

kid-glove
31st December 2009, 12:34 PM
wth. what sort of orchestration problems with Amit Trivedi, eh Plum. :huh:

Bala (Karthik)
31st December 2009, 01:00 PM
1. Masakkali/Dil Gira/Emotional Athyachar (Rock)
2. Mudi Mudi (all variations)/Nayan Tarse
3. Rehna Tu/Emotional Athyachar (Brass Band)
4. Gumm Summ/Saali Khushi/Chanda theme

littlemaster1982
31st December 2009, 01:01 PM
1. Masakkali/Dil Gira/Emotional Athyachar (Rock)
2. Mudi Mudi (all variations)/Nayan Tarse
3. Rehna Tu/Emotional Athyachar (Brass Band)
4. Gumm Summ/Saali Khushi/Chanda theme

There are two versions, right? Which one is in your list :)

Bala (Karthik)
31st December 2009, 01:02 PM
Adhavadhu Indhi-ya porutha varai, the difference between the songs listed is not all that much! Moonu perum avingalaala evvalavu mudiyumo adichirukkaanga

Bala (Karthik)
31st December 2009, 01:04 PM
Good kostin. Paathu verify pannittu "revert" panren (why do we Indians use 'revert' when we wan to say "get back"?! Stuppit!)

Bala (Karthik)
31st December 2009, 01:08 PM

Konjoondu theertham vittundu naakka nenachundu kettrundhelna pramadhama irundhirukkum-nen

Bala (Karthik)
31st December 2009, 01:10 PM
Who the MD for Luck By Saance?

P_R
31st December 2009, 01:10 PM

Konjoondu theertham vittundu naakka nenachundu kettrundhelna pramadhama irundhirukkum-nen

PR: cha cha avar tee ellAm total paNRavar-nu avarE sonnAr
B(K):Oh avarE sonnArA

littlemaster1982
31st December 2009, 01:11 PM
Good kostin. Paathu verify pannittu "revert" panren (why do we Indians use 'revert' when we wan to say "get back"?! Stuppit!)

Idhukku oru thani thread-e aarambikkanum. Some other day :)

P_R
31st December 2009, 01:11 PM
S-E-L
Sapnon bharE nainA sungar self-singing.

Plum
31st December 2009, 01:13 PM
According to Indian flaasafy, atleast one school of it, we are all but versions of the same master soul. Hence "reverting back" to you is a profound reference to that fact. When we want to reply, we just dont reply. We revert back into you, and imprint the reply in you.

Plum
31st December 2009, 01:14 PM
S-E-L
Sapnon bharE nainA sungar self-singing.
avanga padathula, 75% songs sungar dhAne pAdarAr. because of that only, I have allergy to their music.

MADDY
31st December 2009, 01:27 PM
Moonu perum avingalaala evvalavu mudiyumo adichirukkaanga

:rotfl3: ....cant help getting images of a "overpowered" vadivelu saying this while reading this line....

MADDY
31st December 2009, 01:29 PM

CD vaangineengala illaya??

to P_R: eppadi pointa pudichhen paathengala :lol:

Plum
31st December 2009, 01:33 PM

CD vaangineengala illaya??

to P_R: eppadi pointa pudichhen paathengala :lol:

innum illai. this weekend. vootula supervisor kooda illai so no obstacles expected.

P_R
31st December 2009, 02:41 PM
Plum, S-E-L-um pudikkAdhA !!

Sapnon se bhare nainA is good particularly because of the singing.

Javed Aktharum pinniruppAru

aisee dagar koi agar jo apnaaye
har raah ke woh ant pe rasta hi paaye
jaise ke din se raat alag hai
sukh hai alag, aur chain alag hai
par jo yeh dekhe woh nainon alag hai

Plum, namakkAgavE ezhudhinA maadhiri illai :P

kid-glove
31st December 2009, 02:48 PM
According to Indian flaasafy, atleast one school of it, we are all but versions of the same master soul. Hence "reverting back" to you is a profound reference to that fact. When we want to reply, we just dont reply. We revert back into you, and imprint the reply in you.

Failed. :poke:

bingleguy
31st December 2009, 10:12 PM
3 idiots ...............Hilarious ... but kinda reminds me of watching Munna Bhai with a little difference ....

Bomman Irani ... its just a different make up n character this time :) but much resembles Munna Bhai... but he has really performed this one too so very well .... he steals the show when it comes to comedy :)

ajithfederer
2nd January 2010, 12:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDs10lxcmAQ&feature=related

7 deleted scenes from swades.

MADDY
2nd January 2010, 10:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDs10lxcmAQ&feature=related

7 deleted scenes from swades.

original DVD had these scenes :D .....thanks for reminding :D

btw, yaarupa indha section-oda panchayathhu thalaivaru - poll options upload pannanum......LM, P_R - ungala idhu mudiyuma?

Plum
2nd January 2010, 11:07 AM
Raam has been remade in hindi.Running unsuccesfully.

great
3rd January 2010, 04:35 PM

who acted in the hindi version?

3 idiots: watchable once, second half is kinda boring. The movie looks more like munnabhai. Hirani, should avoid casting bomman in his next movie.

Plum
3rd January 2010, 06:47 PM
A few years ago, a chikna small actor played a thukkada role in a movie of the biggest superstar in the language. He got to do a few things and mouth a few lines in the movie but the one that he is remembered for from that movie goes "what a man!".
Today I saw a much better actor doing variations of that line - in words and in gestures - throughout a movie.
Madhavan. Aamir Khan. 3 idiots. Idhukku madhavan sothai tamizh padathuleye nadikkalaam.

MADDY
3rd January 2010, 08:18 PM
Madhavan. Aamir Khan. 3 idiots. Idhukku madhavan sothai tamizh padathuleye nadikkalaam.

he is not getting any.......can u tell me which tamil movie he rejected in recent years?

what makes you think madhavan of 3 idiots is equal to abbas of padayappa??

Sanjeevi
3rd January 2010, 08:27 PM
Just now I saw the trailor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yLsOcUfZq8

the familiar song to a tamilian
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQBSHBJNGj8&feature=related

Ippo thanunga release panni irukkanga athukulla unsuccessful ran appadinu solliputeenga ESP powera :wink:

Plum
3rd January 2010, 08:59 PM
Maddy, equal is a big word. Basically, I found madhavan keeping on going about "rancho nallavaru, vallavaru, naalum therinjavaru". All through the movie, his role is to watch admiringly as Aamir Khan delivers babies, takes on the system and solves global warrming...watch how he twice srimanesquely threatens to break chatur's teeth when the latter insults Rancho. This is a role for Sriman. Infact, rancho is a role for a sort of a different version of Dr vijay - basically a man who saves everyone around him materially as well as spiritually.
Even the profane speech around which a lot of expectations were raised based on reviews was a disappointment.

Kalyasi
3rd January 2010, 10:22 PM
Maddy, equal is a big word. Basically, I found madhavan keeping on going about "rancho nallavaru, vallavaru, naalum therinjavaru". All through the movie, his role is to watch admiringly as Aamir Khan delivers babies, takes on the system and solves global warrming...watch how he twice srimanesquely threatens to break chatur's teeth when the latter insults Rancho. This is a role for Sriman. Infact, rancho is a role for a sort of a different version of Dr vijay - basically a man who saves everyone around him materially as well as spiritually.
Even the profane speech around which a lot of expectations were raised based on reviews was a disappointment.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah I too felt the same...

Five Point Someone was much more better in reading than watching 3 idiots///

Paavam Chetan Bhagat.... 2 States ayavathu oru nalla team kitta koduthu useful product a kondu varalaam....

Nerd
4th January 2010, 06:26 AM
Paavam Chetan Bhagat.... 2 States ayavathu oru nalla team kitta koduthu useful product a kondu varalaam....
remmbba over. Only Pipoint someone is worth reading. And 3i just borrowed a few scenes from that book, is it not!

The movie is good. I found it very enjoyable, most of the jokes worked and the dialogues was the best part. Aamir, muyaRchi nadippu-nu engayO padichEn - BS! He was pretty good and more importantly very natural. Maddy to borrow from one of the blogposts, was effortlessly natural. His narration (voice) was a big plus. But the film suffers from poor characterization (stereotypes everywhere) and tasteless songs/BGM and some unconvincingly artificial scenes and a wimpy heroine.

Missed the first five minutes. Had to sit in the 2nd row. Housefull :clap:

MADDY
4th January 2010, 07:31 AM
The movie is good. I found it very enjoyable, most of the jokes worked and the dialogues was the best part. Aamir, muyaRchi nadippu-nu engayO padichEn - BS! He was pretty good and more importantly very natural. Maddy to borrow from one of the blogposts, was effortlessly natural. His narration (voice) was a big plus. But the film suffers from poor characterization (stereotypes everywhere) and tasteless songs/BGM and some unconvincingly artificial scenes and a wimpy heroine.

Missed the first five minutes. Had to sit in the 2nd row. Housefull :clap:

Aamir has always been a very good actor........ivangalakku vera vela kedayadhu :) ........

P_R
4th January 2010, 07:52 AM
3 idiots...'shabbA !

ChippE varaliyE

Plum
4th January 2010, 08:12 AM
Yeah, anyone who criticises aamir acting o madhavan's "natural" acting is maha paavi/visha kirumi/velaiyathava. Nice.

Aamir khjan has always been a great actor - including tum mere ho, mann, mela, love love love, deewana mujhsa nahin etc. Nadigar thilagathukkappuram ava dhaan. Sory NT avar kaal dhoosu pera maattar. Nt natural nadippu madhavanai paathu kathukkanum.
Ok-vA?

P_R
4th January 2010, 08:16 AM
Nadigar thilagathukkappuram ava dhaan. Sory NT avar kaal dhoosu pera maattar. Nt natural nadippu madhavanai paathu kathukkanum.Ok-vA?

Parthiban: indha vEttiyai avuthuttu appidiyE thiriya pOriyA, pombaLainga irukkura oorula ?
VV: ayyO....appidi ellAm naan sollavE illiyE