PDA

View Full Version : Which is the last Bollywood film you saw ?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

littlemaster1982
10th July 2009, 07:42 PM
Oh, adhanaaladhan enakku padam pudikkalaiya :roll:
I liked it (or it was good) adhu maadhiri yEdhO sonneengaLE :?

I liked it really :D Idhu summa vilaiyattukku post pannadhu :P

Yoga :twisted:

Nerd
10th July 2009, 07:42 PM
Thalafanz bro,
Look at me (http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=1838295&sid=e280c63394cbfc24ade41e3516d08fe1#1838295). LM-E I liked the film-nu sollirukkAr. I don't think he enjoys such jokes on him anymore but cudnt resist :yessir:

Sarna
10th July 2009, 07:43 PM
Sarna, :huh:

onnumilla :P

yoga, naanga ellaam LM'a wish panni, celebrate pannOm :P

Thalafanz
10th July 2009, 07:47 PM
yoga, naanga ellaam LM'a wish panni, celebrate pannOm :P

Sarna, puriyala... :roll: :oops:

Sanguine Sridhar
10th July 2009, 07:55 PM
4 large-Oda dhaan padathayE pAkkanum :P

Ok, naalaikku neenga solra maadhri kandippa paaka porEn! :twisted:

littlemaster1982
10th July 2009, 08:57 PM
Thalafanz bro,
Look at me (http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=1838295&sid=e280c63394cbfc24ade41e3516d08fe1#1838295). LM-E I liked the film-nu sollirukkAr. I don't think he enjoys such jokes on him anymore but cudnt resist :yessir:

Appadiyellam illa :lol:

crajkumar_be
10th July 2009, 09:07 PM
LM,
Bangalore la irukkela illa Chennai-ya?
Eppo treat thara porel?

littlemaster1982
10th July 2009, 09:10 PM
LM,
Bangalore la irukkela illa Chennai-ya?
Eppo treat thara porel?

Chennai. Neenga enga irukkeenga? Check this (http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=1844037#1844037). (Dry one anyway :|). We'll meet up in Bangalore :thumbsup:

Thalafanz
10th July 2009, 09:12 PM
Master, Anoop in Chennai??? :?

littlemaster1982
10th July 2009, 09:16 PM
He is in Kerala now. He is on vacation to India.

Thalafanz
10th July 2009, 09:17 PM
He is in Kerala now. He is on vacation to India.

Whoa :clap:

Nerd
12th July 2009, 06:10 AM
Anurag Kashyap's short - Last Train to Mahakali *ing Kay Kay Menon and Niveditha Bhattacharya
Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVif5fCxzwg)
Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gexYDbuZZQA)
Part 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xuob8nEKebg)
Part 4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oEvdObApeE)
Part 5 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0tlcJbGJK8)

Very chilling and the twist was unexpected :)

Querida
12th July 2009, 09:04 AM
New York ....was actually surprised at how the movie's plot...realistic and finally someone who had done their homework...none of the busting everyone up hero...and a very relevant issue with both sides...a bit pushy on the patriotic issue but still worth a watch.

Thalafanz
12th July 2009, 06:37 PM
New York ....was actually surprised at how the movie's plot...realistic and finally someone who had done their homework...none of the busting everyone up hero...and a very relevant issue with both sides...a bit pushy on the patriotic issue but still worth a watch.

Released??? :o It hasn't released in Malaysia... :?

MADDY
13th July 2009, 12:29 PM
Anurag Kashyap's short - Last Train to Mahakali *ing Kay Kay Menon and Niveditha Bhattacharya
Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVif5fCxzwg)
Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gexYDbuZZQA)
Part 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xuob8nEKebg)
Part 4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oEvdObApeE)
Part 5 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0tlcJbGJK8)

Very chilling and the twist was unexpected :)

ungal sevai, hub-kku thevai :bow:

my last bollywood movie- 99 - bit boring......adhavadhu, indha madhiri pala padangal paatha pheeling....but their effort to recreate 1999 :thumbsup: its so freaking tough to recreate 1999 than say 1600s :shock: :lol:

(taxi driver plays "jumbalikka" song to establish it was 1999 :bow:.....jumbalikka was very popular in mumbai in 1999.....tamil version was more popular.......naa sonna nambungappa :P )

P_R
13th July 2009, 03:50 PM
Lagaan
Always entertaining I say

jaiganes
14th July 2009, 01:17 AM
Oye Lucky Lucky Oye - Simbly superb!!

Thalafanz
14th July 2009, 06:04 AM
my last bollywood movie- 99 - bit boring......adhavadhu, indha madhiri pala padangal paatha pheeling....but their effort to recreate 1999 :thumbsup: its so freaking tough to recreate 1999 than say 1600s :shock: :lol:

(taxi driver plays "jumbalikka" song to establish it was 1999 :bow:.....jumbalikka was very popular in mumbai in 1999.....tamil version was more popular.......naa sonna nambungappa :P )

:o :clap:

Nerd
14th July 2009, 08:25 AM
Company (Revisit) - :bow:

RGV, when are you ever going to make movies that are at least half as good as this?????

Querida
15th July 2009, 05:02 AM

Released??? :o It hasn't released in Malaysia... :?

Yes it has been running in theaters here for at least 2 weeks

Thalafanz
17th July 2009, 08:12 PM
Oh ok. Thanks Q.

The last movie I watched - Kambakkht Ishq :| Watch it if u like Singh Is King and Chandni Cowk to China...
Ithula Sylvester Stallone and Denise Richards vEra... :sigh2:

MADDY
17th July 2009, 09:36 PM
Watch it if u like Singh Is King and Chandni Cowk to China...

arghhh - singh is king was so yuck :x one of the most unfunny movies i have ever seen....i never understood why it became a hit :evil:

Querida
18th July 2009, 05:46 AM

arghhh - singh is king was so yuck :x one of the most unfunny movies i have ever seen....i never understood why it became a hit :evil:

it became a hit?? :shock: even with Snoop Dogg in it? :lol: :roll:

My sister went and watched Kambakkht Ishq...she said "it was whatev you know?" :roll:

Thalafanz
18th July 2009, 06:40 AM

I was shocked to see Snoop Dogg in the credit song at last... Antha rap bit nallA irukkum... :)

It seems even Kambakkht Ishq crossed 100 Crores in first 3 days. :P

MADDY
18th July 2009, 09:00 AM
It seems even Kambakkht Ishq crossed 100 Crores in first 3 days. :P

aaandava :(

watched New york - superb comedy :thumbsup: John Abraham was very funny :D

complicateur
19th July 2009, 11:00 AM
Luck by Chance

Anurag Kashyap - :rotfl:

Nerd
20th July 2009, 06:33 AM
Sankat City (DVD) - Ritchie fans should not miss this. This film is actually more confusing than Ritchie's. Too many characters, too many twists, way too many jokes, way too much detailing and lots of cliches too. Its all over my head now but I must say the film is a nice watch. Never knew Kay Kay could be this funny! Anupam Kher was the best of the lot. Actually I haven't got all the jokes, must watch it one more time.

PS 1: There is a "madharasi" assitant director character (who apparently is an idiot of the highest order) and in a scene Anupam Kher dances with a fat/ugly Tamil prostitute. Very racist :banghead:

PS 2: Bolly, :bow:

Plum
20th July 2009, 11:14 AM
Racism comes naturally to Bollywood, Bhajji etc. Adhukellam tensan aaga koodadhu...

Querida
20th July 2009, 12:12 PM
Watched Jaan-e-maan

Jaan-e-maan was cute..the song is what carried it through...haha kinda funny how a "normal" hindi movie plotline can be fully summarized through one song...Anupam's dwarf no where near KH's...actually was surprised at Akhshay's emotional side...have only seen him be a goof...and God that Laugh! Could not warm up to Salman's character though.

Nerd
23rd July 2009, 07:50 AM
Life in a Metro - Good. Climax was dramatic and the Dharmendra episode was a little weak. Could have been subtler. Best part of the film is the acting. Fantabulous. With a cast comprising Konkona, Kay Kay, Irfan I did not expect anything less but Silppaa :shock: :bow:

Thalafanz
23rd July 2009, 10:17 AM
Even I heard that Shilpa was good. :)

Is it an off-beat kind of story???

Nerd
23rd July 2009, 07:43 PM
No bro. It's a commercial film. The film is about relationships, most of them illicit :oops:

ajithfederer
26th July 2009, 09:02 AM
Sarkar - Good.

Querida
27th July 2009, 06:21 AM
Life in a Metro - Good. Climax was dramatic and the Dharmendra episode was a little weak. Could have been subtler. Best part of the film is the acting. Fantabulous. With a cast comprising Konkona, Kay Kay, Irfan I did not expect anything less but Silppaa :shock: :bow:

I agree the Dharmendra vignette was weaker than the other vignettes but on the whole a really good movie. Made me really notice Konkana :)

Thalafanz
27th July 2009, 06:34 AM
Raaz 2 - :neutral: Not as good (scary, plot & screenplay) as Raaz 1.

ajithfederer
27th July 2009, 10:14 PM
Sarkar Raj - Not as intense as Sarkar. But still not bad.

Wibha
1st August 2009, 03:07 PM
Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna- Longest movie of my life :banghead: :sigh2:

MADDY
1st August 2009, 08:02 PM

yea, title warned u - u didnt heed :P .....only thing i liked abt the movie was mitwa song :bow:

Thalafanz
1st August 2009, 08:16 PM
Love Aaj Kaal - Time pass movie :)

Nerd
1st August 2009, 09:16 PM
Not as good as JWM? :)

Thalafanz
1st August 2009, 09:29 PM

Nope-nu thAn sollvEn. :) Oru 'break-up' concept-a vechu oru kathaiyayE OttitAnungga...

Wibha
2nd August 2009, 12:00 AM

yea, title warned u - u didnt heed :P .....only thing i liked abt the movie was mitwa song :bow:

the only part of the ENTIRE movie with no tears was mitwa :lol:

Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam :| :| Mouna Ragam with intense drama and crying :roll:

Querida
2nd August 2009, 02:59 AM

I'm apart of a small group who actually really liked this movie,
SRK was not a perfect character
Rani can be seen as selfish/ Preity is wronged
and Abhishek was the ideal loving husband but that was not enough...I really took notice of Abhishek's acting in this movie.
It's whether you see Rani-SRK relationship as a selfish affair or two people who have found their love....IMO you cannot help but think that it is both.

Querida
2nd August 2009, 03:00 AM

the only part of the ENTIRE movie with no tears was mitwa :lol:

Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam :| :| Mouna Ragam with intense drama and crying :roll:

Actually the story is more like "Andha 7 Naatkal" with crying...but the picturisations were beautiful and the songs are memorable :)

MADDY
2nd August 2009, 07:50 AM

and Abhishek was the ideal loving husband but that was not enough...I really took notice of Abhishek's acting in this movie.
It's whether you see Rani-SRK relationship as a selfish affair or two people who have found their love....IMO you cannot help but think that it is both.

oh yea, this has to be karan johar's most mature effort.......good one.......but innum edhir paarthen.....conflicts ellam avalavu convincing-a illa :)

Thalafanz
2nd August 2009, 08:02 AM
oh yea, this has to be karan johar's most mature effort.......good one.......but innum edhir paarthen.....conflicts ellam avalavu convincing-a illa :)

:shock: What??? I thought u r a 'parama-ethiri' to Karan Johar... :lol:

MADDY
2nd August 2009, 08:50 AM

:shock: What??? I thought u r a 'parama-ethiri' to Karan Johar... :lol:

:lol: anyday.......but i expected much from this movie - thot he would change......to be fair on him, he did try to.... :)

Wibha
2nd August 2009, 08:59 AM

I did not mind the Rani-SRK relationship. Things happen and the situations have to be understood. But the fact that the movie would just NEVER END!! like wth... there has to be a certain pace..and the fact that rani would NEVER STOP CRYING or WHINING!! SHUT UP FOR ONCE and just do what you feel :x.

Nerd
4th August 2009, 09:39 AM
But the fact that the movie would just NEVER END!! like wth... there has to be a certain pace..and the fact that rani would NEVER STOP CRYING or WHINING!! SHUT UP FOR ONCE and just do what you feel :x.
:rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl3:

Last film watched - Little Zizou. (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1119188/) Not bad. The kids were awesome. Can certainly watch it for Boman Irani :)

Appu s
4th August 2009, 12:41 PM

include me, i too liked the movie except some medicore scenes

Appu s
4th August 2009, 12:42 PM

Nope-nu thAn sollvEn. :) Oru 'break-up' concept-a vechu oru kathaiyayE OttitAnungga...

:roll: ennappa sify la awesome nnu koduthirukkanga, Thalafanz watchable once ?

Thalafanz
4th August 2009, 02:16 PM

Yes, definately watchable once, infact it's better than Rabne Bana Ki Jodi or any other recent 'louuu' flicks...

Appu s
4th August 2009, 04:10 PM

Yes, definately watchable once, infact it's better than Rabne Bana Ki Jodi or any other recent 'louuu' flicks...

RBJ :oops: :oops: sema mokkai

Querida
7th August 2009, 05:33 AM

:yes:

Wibha
7th August 2009, 05:36 AM

:yes:

:yes: :yes: :yes:

Wonder how one can't identify her own husband because he doesn't have a mustache :roll:

Querida
7th August 2009, 05:55 AM
Wonder how one can't identify her own husband because he doesn't have a mustache :roll:

EXACTLY!!! :banghead:

Just goes to show how stupid they think a girl can be :hammer:

MADDY
8th August 2009, 05:59 PM
Just goes to show how stupid they think a girl can be :hammer:

nah, they wanted to prove how stupid we can be by believing such yuck writing :x .....but people proved that they are stupid.... :lol: Ghajini and RBj released simultaneously.......Ghajini broke RBJ's backbone in box-office 8-)

well, my last film - Life in Metro.......hmmm, good.......enakku ennamo, innum conflicts ellam interesting irundhakanum-nnu thonichhu...yaen, kay kay menonkkum silupa setti-kkum sanda muthhi pogudhunnu puriyave illa.......kay kay menon's character was a cardboard character straight out of sasikumar movies...... :lol: enna oru villathanam for a middle class normal guy :P

Irfan khan, kay kay menon, shilpa shetty ( :shock: ), sanjay suri(?) ellarume sema performance......kangana dhaan konjam estra estra madhiri irundhaa......

crajkumar_be
8th August 2009, 06:08 PM
I didn't believe my wife when she said this was the 'karu'. "Edhavadhu seyyanum, Arjun!"

equanimus
8th August 2009, 09:08 PM
Irfan khan, kay kay menon, shilpa shetty ( :shock: ), sanjay suri(?) ellarume sema performance......kangana dhaan konjam estra estra madhiri irundhaa......
Sanjay Suri illaiyE padaththula. yArai solRInga? The Irrfan-Konkona track is easily the single best thing about this film.

ajithfederer
8th August 2009, 09:50 PM
Illai naan theriama kekkurein idhae ideava vechu Golmaal/Thillu mullu nnu rendu padam successfulaa poirukkae. Adhoda innoru twist idea dhaane idhu. Ellame ozhaga maga reel dhaanae :huh:.

Nerd
8th August 2009, 10:05 PM
Illai naan theriama kekkurein idhae ideava vechu Golmaal/Thillu mullu nnu rendu padam successfulaa poirukkae. Adhoda innoru twist idea dhaane idhu. Ellame ozhaga maga reel dhaanae :huh:.
ennadhu :shock:

Golmal/TM-la aNNan thambi-nu namba vekkiraanga. And there are SO many scenes in which the other characters wonder if they both are the same. Even GM annan's thEdinEn vandhadhu, nadigan etc. are OK in that aspect.

But RNBDJ-la sondha purusan, knowing very well that he does not have a brother, even if he had one, andha "tanni-partner" avar thambi illai-nu theriyum and NOT a single scene in which she thinks that guy resembles his dear hubby.

ajithfederer
8th August 2009, 10:14 PM
Edhu Dear Hubby ehh/?

They marry just because of her dad's wish on the death bed. Eventhough they are married they live seperately in the same house. They just see each other only during thier meal times. Her husband is so timid and not so outgoing whereas the SRK is so flirty and outgoing. She spends most of the time with this other guy during her dance classes and outside than with this supposed to be married husband. I agree this all is not foolproof but they haven't taken the audience entirely for a ride is my NSHO. Idhai vida evvalavo padangal nammalai mottai adichirukku indha dhamma thoondu mistake-kku ivvalo adithadiyaannu yosikarein.

Naama enna ella padathayum nondi nondi mistake ellam paathuta irukkom- Enna nerd naan solrardhu :P.

Nerd
8th August 2009, 10:20 PM
I take back the dear hubby, oru flow-la vandhuruchu. Padam pAkkura ellArukkum adhu SRK-nu theriyumbOdhu avaLukkum mattum theriyaadhaa?? :lol2:

About mottai adithal, 80s/MGR films (adhaavadhu oru machcham vechittA pOdhum :lol2: ). Adhu kooda climax fight etc. adhukku dhaan. Here the whole film is built upon that thing :lol2: Noughts-la oru padam sollunga pAppOm. RNBDJ was horrendous, regressive and an insult to the viewer's intelligence.

P_R
8th August 2009, 10:25 PM
Sanjay Suri illaiyE padaththula. yArai solRInga?
MADDY, do you mean Sharman Joshi ?

The Irrfan-Konkona track is easily the single best thing about this film.
Agree. adhu mattum vEra yaarO ezhudhinA maadhiri...significantly better than the rest of the film (lots of improvisations perhaps...to self: for a moment don't bother about the cooking and enjoy the food). Irfan Khan is excellent. Konkona...hmm ok she is very good too as usual.

The Shilpa-Shiney track is heavily inspired by David Lean's "Brief Encounter". Shilpa acting was actually quite impressive !

MADDY
9th August 2009, 08:46 AM
Sanjay Suri illaiyE padaththula. yArai solRInga?
MADDY, do you mean Sharman Joshi ?

ayyo, i meant shiney ahuja - i dunno i get conpees with names......

ajaybaskar
10th August 2009, 09:56 AM
Agyaat..

Watchable but for the climax...

Wibha
10th August 2009, 10:34 AM
Love Aaj Kal- :sigh2: typical love story :sigh2:

Deepika can't act and her voice is really immature :?

Appu s
10th August 2009, 10:43 AM
Agyaat..

bro disaster nnu sonnanga :roll:

cuty2sweety
10th August 2009, 10:59 AM

Totally agree-Deepika dialog delivery remba mosam
SAIF is in almost every scene-pesinde irukaan :twisted: :twisted:

Wibha
10th August 2009, 11:01 AM

and what happened to that super cute, awesome, cool, hot saif in hum tum?

:x :banghead:

Appu s
10th August 2009, 11:55 AM

how is that other new girl gissele :P

ajaybaskar
10th August 2009, 12:27 PM
Agyaat..

Apdi nenachuthaan naanum ponen.. But the film was ok..

Forgot to mention... Only 10 ppl in the theatre though... That was more thrilling than the movie.. :wink:

Appu s
10th August 2009, 12:51 PM
Agyaat..

Forgot to mention... Only 10 ppl in the theatre though... That was more thrilling than the movie.. :wink:

:lol:

kid-glove
10th August 2009, 12:54 PM

Uh, it won a NA too. I prefer to see Saif of Ek Hasina thi, or Omkara.

ajaybaskar
10th August 2009, 01:18 PM
Agyaat..

Climaxla Coming soon....Agyaat 2nu bitlam kooda pottaanga.. :D

Appu s
10th August 2009, 01:44 PM
Agyaat..

Climaxla Coming soon....Agyaat 2nu bitlam kooda pottaanga.. :D

Love aaj kal rejecetd.. next in the row.. kaminey and wanted

P_R
10th August 2009, 02:00 PM
Kaminey released ?

kid-glove
10th August 2009, 02:04 PM
Independence day release.

Appu s
10th August 2009, 04:41 PM
Kaminey released ?

14th release :)

Thalafanz
10th August 2009, 07:11 PM
Looking forward to this - Tahaan

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0RbgXg_Dck&feature=related

By Santosh Sivan :cool:

littlemaster1982
10th August 2009, 07:41 PM
Yoga,

Tahaan release aayiduchu-nu ninaikkiren.

kid-glove
10th August 2009, 08:00 PM
DVDRip is out, I believe.

Nerd
12th August 2009, 08:52 PM
Raja Sen - 4.5 * (http://movies.rediff.com/report/2009/aug/12/kaminey-review.htm#)

epdi irunthAlum enga oor-la release aagaadhu. Idhellaam oru ooru :banghead:

equanimus
12th August 2009, 10:22 PM
Can't wait!

equanimus
12th August 2009, 10:28 PM
Raja Sen - 4.5 * (http://movies.rediff.com/report/2009/aug/12/kaminey-review.htm#)
This is not surprising coming from Raja Sen though. He's always been a huge fan of Bhardwaj.

littlemaster1982
12th August 2009, 10:28 PM
Equa,

There are paid preview shows tomorrow night. Check www.funcinemas.com .

equanimus
12th August 2009, 10:34 PM
Equa,

There are paid preview shows tomorrow night. Check www.funcinemas.com .
Thanks LM! Will check it out. I checked PVR Cinemas in the evening only to find that tomorrow's preview show is fully sold out.

Appu s
13th August 2009, 01:25 PM
Dhan Te Nan. Vishal Bhardwaj pays homage to cinema of yore and that's reason enough to go out and grab tickets for one of the most keenly anticipated films of our times.

Let's say, KAMINEY is bold, stark, funny and unpredictable and that's what works in its favour. There're two more reasons: Shahid Kapoor and of course, 'Dhan Te Nan'. Okay, we've seen Shahid pitching in a sincere act in his earlier films, but KAMINEY should catapult him to superstardom. His double role in KAMINEY is exemplary.

Having said that, I wish to add that KAMINEY is not the usual masala film. Sure, it's a well-made film, but there's no spoon feeding here. One has to be attentive, very attentive to grasp the goings-on and also the twists in the tale. It's not one of those lock-your-brains-at-home types, for sure. And that might not be too appealing a thought for those who swear by candyfloss or meaningless ha-ha-thons.

To cut it short, KAMINEY is a film with an attitude. Like it or leave it, but you'd never be able to ignore it. Word from the wise: Go for this hatke experience!

Right from the sequence after the interval to the finale, Vishal Bhardwaj peels off layer after layer, which erupts like a volcano towards the end. The end is long drawn and with so many characters in the film, it only takes time to give a culmination to each of those characters. And that gets tedious. The violent end might not find universal acceptance. Vishal Bhardwaj proves that he's a master storyteller. KAMINEY is a damn difficult film to conceptualize and execute and Vishal does it with gusto. Besides the soundtrack ['Dhan Te Nan'], the effectual background score only enhances the impact. The dialogues, also penned by Vishal, are super. At places, clapworthy. Tassaduq Hussain's cinematography is top notch

On the whole, KAMINEY lives up to the hype associated with it. The film has three stars -- Vishal Bhardwaj [a name that's immensely respected by moviegoers], Shahid Kapoor and 'Dhan Te Nan' -- and this combo as also the crooked characters and a genuinely hatke subject should guarantee ample footfalls in cineplexes even after its initial weekend.

Querida
13th August 2009, 07:54 PM
I often turn to Taran Adarsh for hindi movie reviews too :goodidea:

Sarna
13th August 2009, 07:58 PM
Kaminey- namma hubbers'aala innoru thread'la vaanalavu pugazhappatta Vishal-baradhwaj padamaa :) indha vaaram IMAX Bigsreen'la paakkurEn 8-)

Thalafanz
13th August 2009, 08:00 PM
Kaminey- namma hubbers'aala innoru thread'la vaanalavu pugazhappatta Vishal-baradhwaj padamaa :) indha vaaram IMAX Bigsreen'la paakkurEn 8-)

:frightened:

Appu s
13th August 2009, 08:05 PM
I often turn to Taran Adarsh for hindi movie reviews too :goodidea:

:D

P_R
13th August 2009, 08:05 PM
I heard the postponed the release by a week because of Swine Flu

Sarna
13th August 2009, 08:08 PM

www.bookmyshow.com paarunga :twisted:

I am in the process of booking :) oru koottamaa(more than 8 pasanga) dhaanga pOrOm... :)

Appu s
13th August 2009, 08:10 PM

ohhh just noticed.. :oops:

Sarna
13th August 2009, 08:23 PM

:frightened:

book panniyaachchu :) but vEra theatre :)

btw, why that emoticon :?

Thalafanz
13th August 2009, 08:50 PM
[tscii:7da4292621]After begging my regular DVD shop owner for almost 2 months, finally I got the DVD of Dev D. :oops: Here's my take:

Dev D - for new genaration 8-)

Being son of a rich industrialist, the hero (Dev) sent to London when he was at young age. After several years, he returns home and to his childhood sweetheart (Paro). Misunderstanding happens and Paro is married off to an older man, a widower and a father of two. Dipressed Dev starts on different salvation methods - drugs and alcohol.

Thats when Lenny get introduced. A rich student who becomes an embarassment for her parents and later alienated by her family because of a MMS scandal. She runs away and Chunni, a pimp, gives her shelter. She transforms into Chanda (short forms of Chandramukhi :P ). As Chanda, she becomes hooker at night and continue her studies at daytime as Lenny. Thats when Dev enters her life. Chanda eventually falls in love with Dev who is drowning his pain in Vodka.

Performances in the film are top notch. Abhay Deol is turning out to be quite a revelation. He hardly hams or overacts. Nor is he as muted and underplayed as he otherwise is. His is a balanced performance. Mahi Gill has the intoxicating eyes that can make a guy kick the bottle. On top of it, she acts wonderfully. Kalki does impressively fine for a newcomer.

Dev D will be talked for it's crispy, witty and straight-out-of-life dialogues. And the dozen or more songs that play out in the background during the course of the film give ‘Dev D’ the feel of a musical. The cinematography is mind boggling at times. The music is catchy.

Now, does the core plot seems to be familiar??? Maddy, you could have warned me earlier that ‘Dev D’ gives a new hue and tone to ‘Devdas’... :)[/tscii:7da4292621]

MADDY
14th August 2009, 11:59 AM
[tscii:51b59b04b2]

Abhay Deol is turning out to be quite a revelation. He hardly hams or overacts. Nor is he as muted and underplayed as he otherwise is. His is a balanced performance.

Now, does the core plot seems to be familiar??? Maddy, you could have warned me earlier that ‘Dev D’ gives a new hue and tone to ‘Devdas’... :)

welcome to the DevD and Abhay Deol club :wink: .........well, i think we did discuss and was a known fact that DevD is a adaptation of Sarat chandra's novel Devdas and how Anurag brilliantly adopts the novel and also breaks it in his own ways 8-)

my last film - Love Aaj kal - brilliant movie man........i felt the dialogues were one of the best or the best i have seen in a long time......mesmerising theme of parallelly running "love aaj" and "love kal" and how love is so different in today's and yesterday's gens yet how similar it is and trust me no judgemental or no preaching......being a fan of maniratnam, i've always liked lesser dialogues and more visual expression but this movie is just the opposite - the dialogues are everywhere trying to articulate each and every emotion, feelings, mind change that characters are going through.......esp the saif dialogue after deepika's marriage - just brilliant - i dont know how imtiaz ali got into shoes of the character and wrote watever the character has to say.......

love of kal was much more interesting obviously.......Saif - hmm, honestly this character required a abhay deol or irfan khan......nalla dhaan pannaan but he couldnt keep it up in all places......Deepika was very natural, is very natural and easy and will be in future too i guess.......does anyone think otherwise, i mean, i find it so hard to believe that a bollywood heorine is so natural and easy :? ......rishi kapoor ellam good :) ......

cons:
film tried to over-establish the hep nature of today's love.....i mean, dialogues tried to do that too but they were too loud for me.....
typecastings like "realising love for one another", and bakra partners of hero and heroine, evalavu dharavada paathhuttom :lol: ......
saif as sardar.....punjabi dialogues ellam thadavuraan :P
however brilliant the dialogues were getting us the exact feelings of character, it becomes stale after a point of time.......i mean, i know wats their problem, wats going to happen, how its going to end, so it becomes more of like a "mangalam" sir confessions in BARs :lol: ...boring to keep listening to wat characters feel :)

but still, i just loved the dialogues - for me, they carried the movie completely and broke my mindset of "dialogues are unneccessary" conception

Prabhuram would dread to see a RDB repeat here in terms of cutting to past and present now and then :lol: ....[/tscii:51b59b04b2]

Plum
14th August 2009, 12:05 PM
Maddy, ninga devdas by sarat chandra padichurukkeengalA?
Maybe but I bet many new agw bollywod is great advocates who have complimented kashyap for brilliantly adopting sarat chandra havewnt so much as whiffed the cover of the book!

Plum
14th August 2009, 12:07 PM
Rishikapppoorlaam bollywood sivakumar. Inge namma sivakumarai epdi thatti vechurukkom. Ange ennadaanna, fans and critica all claim that risi is a gret natural wonderful actor. This captures the diff between bollywood and non-bollywood. Hype. And subtle sociallly engineered hype

P_R
14th August 2009, 12:20 PM
Aha...last time you recommended a louu story (JTYJN) I enjoyed it thoroughly. Of course Abbas Tyrewala and all that.

Was planning to skip this film despite the fact that JWM was nice timepass. Now :confused2:

adhu sari, you are Punjabi also knowing. adhula kuRRam kaNdu pudikkireenga :lol2:

btw Theebika-kku sangam aarambippOmA ?
inge rasanai ketta mummy-daddies thitta dhaan seivaanga. avungaLukku popular culture-E pudikkAdhaamaam. adhukkellAm naama manam thaLarak koodaadhu.

MADDY
14th August 2009, 12:20 PM
Plum, one personal query -- are you ex-hubber Mr.Judge or nattamai by any chance??.....

Sarna
14th August 2009, 12:26 PM

:redjump: :bluejump: sure

MADDY
14th August 2009, 12:27 PM
Was planning to skip this film despite the fact that JWM was nice timepass. Now :confused2:

illa paathukonga - its so much like RDB and the point u dreaded - cutting back and forth to present and past :lol:

adhu sari, you are Punjabi also knowing. adhula kuRRam kaNdu pudikkireenga :lol2:

illainga, raju's catch my point madhiri solraan - aavesama solla vendiya dialogues-a niruthhi nidhanama (idhu ok-a)nnu solraan........i have seen sardars talking yaar, maane woh apni paro hei na DevD waali - kaise darvaaja phaad deti hai punjabi mein :lol:

inge rasanai ketta mummy-daddies thitta dhaan seivaanga. avungaLukku popular culture-E pudikkAdhaamaam. adhukkellAm naama manam thaLarak koodaadhu.

idhu allavo latchiyam - habba, i have company then......mannadhi mannan GM: naa parava illada nee romba mosama irukkira :lol:

Plum
14th August 2009, 12:40 PM
Plum, one personal query -- are you ex-hubber Mr.Judge or nattamai by any chance??.....

No :-)
Atleast 4 people cn vouch for that. Besides, I don't like yuvan!

MADDY
14th August 2009, 12:42 PM

No :-)
Atleast 4 people cn vouch for that. Besides, I don't like yuvan!

oh ok ok....so u know Judge,good :) ......

AudazJay
14th August 2009, 02:04 PM
[tscii:e328edff1b]I just couldn't resist posting this on the hub :lol:

Rakhi Sawant & fiancé to play parents on TV

It's barely a week since starlet Rakhi Sawant got engaged to Canada-based businessman Elesh Parujanwala in a televised 'swayamvar', but the two are now set to play mom and dad on the same TV channel.

Rakhi and Elesh, who met on the reality show Rakhi Ka Swayamvar on NDTV Imagine, will go through the challenging experience of parenthood on the new show Pati, Patni Aur Woh. Four other celebrity couples will also participate in it.

Right from living the life of an eight-month pregnant woman to taking care of an infant, a toddler, a teenager—the show will see Rakhi doing it all. The format is inspired by international reality show Baby Borrowers and is being produced by BBC Worldwide Productions India.

With children participating, their real parents will be behind the scenes to monitor how the celebrity couples take care of them.

"With Pati, Patni Aur Woh, audiences will see these famous couples in real life situations and be part of their first journey into parenthood, sharing their joys, sorrows, trials and achievements.

"We believe that the show will not only resonate with all audiences and will also be a great fun experience for the younger generation that plans to start their own families in future," said Shailja Kejriwal, executive vice president (Content), NDTV Imagine.

The other couples participating are Shilpa Saklani-Apurva Agnihotri, Juhi Parmar-Sachin Shroff, Mouni Roy-Gaurav Chopra and onscreen couple Gurmeet Chaudhary-Debina Bonnerjee. They will spend an entire month in a closed environment, monitored by cameras 24x7.

Throughout the series the couples will also have to entertain relatives and guests, perform ceremonies, take part in other activities like parties and picnics and ensure that the kids finish their homework—all within a limited budget. :shock: [/tscii:e328edff1b]

Plum
14th August 2009, 02:06 PM
Yeah, I know him from his hub posts.
Btw, ungalukkku indha doubt En vandhudhu?

MADDY
14th August 2009, 05:34 PM

nah, its just that my interactions with you reminded of my interactions with judge.....he has been inactive for a while, so thought he changed his ID :)

crajkumar_be
14th August 2009, 05:48 PM

nah, its just that my interactions with you reminded of my interactions with judge.....he has been inactive for a while, so thought he changed his ID :)
:notthatway:
Here no bloodshed, there bloodshed :razz:

MADDY
14th August 2009, 06:34 PM

:notthatway:
Here no bloodshed, there bloodshed :razz:

idhu thagaraaru, adhu varalaaru :lol: ....

Thalafanz
14th August 2009, 07:30 PM
[tscii:fee8693ced]

Abhay Deol is turning out to be quite a revelation. He hardly hams or overacts. Nor is he as muted and underplayed as he otherwise is. His is a balanced performance.

Now, does the core plot seems to be familiar??? Maddy, you could have warned me earlier that ‘Dev D’ gives a new hue and tone to ‘Devdas’... :)

welcome to the DevD and Abhay Deol club :wink: .........well, i think we did discuss and was a known fact that DevD is a adaptation of Sarat chandra's novel Devdas and how Anurag brilliantly adopts the novel and also breaks it in his own ways 8-)

Hhmm... I didn't know it's an adaption till recently when I read a couple of reviews after watched it... :oops:
But, chummA sollappadAthu... It kept up the momentum and met my expectations built upon the hype created by saga thOzhargaL like u... :thumbsup:

However, I would like to know ur prefered equation:
Devdas > Dev D or Dev D > Devdas... :P [/tscii:fee8693ced]

P_R
14th August 2009, 07:47 PM
mannadhi mannan GM: naa parava illada nee romba mosama irukkira :lol::rotfl:
nAdOdi mannan

MADDY
14th August 2009, 08:32 PM
Devdas > Dev D or Dev D > Devdas... :P [/tscii]

why did u type DevD and that movie in same line and that too twice :twisted: :P

PR, thnx for the correction :wink:

Nerd
14th August 2009, 08:36 PM
Kaminey release aachaa?

Deebiga-kku sangamaa? Moonjila pala edathula tinkering/pleech pannanum :twisted:

Thalafanz
14th August 2009, 08:43 PM
Devdas > Dev D or Dev D > Devdas... :P [/tscii]

why did u type DevD and that movie in same line and that too twice :twisted: :P

Ok, I'm clear where u stand... :P 8-)
But, Devdas pArthEnggalA??? What do u think??? :)

P_R
14th August 2009, 09:47 PM
Deebiga-kku sangamaa? Moonjila pala edathula tinkering/pleech pannanum :twisted:
MADDY, naan sollalai :-)

Appu s
14th August 2009, 11:27 PM
kaminey - fully satisfied :wink: no disappointment for the hype.,ecstatic execution..
as a writer i wan to check with omkara again :roll: but i loved his brilliant directon and ofcourse music... everyone given a wonderful performance... priyanka so sweet performance :clap: :clap:

movie runs just 2 hrs 15 mints , some of the scenes are brilliant taken .. movie is high speed after interval till end.
u will irritate if u r maharastrian or raj thakrey troop .. :lol:

MADDY
15th August 2009, 08:47 AM
u will irritate if u r maharastrian or raj thakrey troop .. :lol:

oh adha pathhina padama :) ......super.....wow, want to watch it badly......but bublic places-la pogarathukke bayama irukke :P

Deebiga-kku sangamaa? Moonjila pala edathula tinkering/pleech pannanum

MADDY, naan sollalai

:rotfl: ivalavu seekkiram oruthar maattuvaar-nnu nenachhe paakkala

Appu s
15th August 2009, 10:26 AM
Maddy i wont say the movie is all about "hail mahrastra" , but its very much there , the writer included the part in the flow, amol gupta given a wonderful performance as a mahrastrian.

the movie is about "life of prosperity".. the dreams... some scenes are flimsy.. u can predict the stroy or the ending.. but the way he taken ..the path is really entertained me... humour-laced screenplay.. performance by shahid as a stammer.. priyanka's best performance better than Fashion... so the movie appealed to me very much.. worth for a watch :)

P_R
15th August 2009, 12:31 PM
Kaminey

Impressive show by Vishal Bharadwaj. Worth the wait.
Acting by nearly everyone was - as usual -great.
The first half, the pacing-lines- performances- everything came together well.
Serious parts of the second half (flashback) and some showy scenes (Bhau v Mikhail, Lobo getting shot) were a bit of a let down.
But even with too many climaxes the film remained fun till the very end.

Don't bother rushing to watch this one. You can take your time, this will run for a while.

Appu s
15th August 2009, 01:04 PM
Kaminey

Serious parts of the second half (flashback) and some showy scenes (Bhau v Mikhail, Lobo getting shot) were a bit of a let down.

glad to know that u liked it.. :wink: i thought u will write more about bhradwaj's writing

Don't bother rushing to watch this one. You can take your time, this will run for a while

:lol: :thumbsup:

Plum
15th August 2009, 01:16 PM
Sagid cuppooru nalla pnni irukkanA? Trailers impressiveIA illaiye( imean, bagat singh kappoor's part). VENumnE ethi vudarEngaLA?

P_R
15th August 2009, 01:41 PM
i thought u will write more about bhradwaj's writing konjam ellArum paakkattum...appuram virivA pEsuvOm.

Sagid cuppooru nalla pnni irukkanA? Trailers impressiveIA illaiye( imean, bagat singh kappoor's part). VENumnE ethi vudarEngaLA? Shahid was pretty good. Priyanka was even better.

viraajan
15th August 2009, 03:30 PM
Watched"'A Wednesday" - :thumbsup: :clap:

Romba naal kazhichu nalla padam onnu pAtha satisfaction :bow:

Waiting for UPO :redjump:

NS role thaane Kamal?

viraajan
15th August 2009, 03:36 PM
NS pEsura andha 20 minutes dialogue :clap:

seekiram hindi kathukkanum. subtitles'oda paakka romba kashtama irukku :x

Appu s
15th August 2009, 03:37 PM

NS role thaane Kamal?

Yes Vr :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFUp0TCvrfc

viraajan
15th August 2009, 03:39 PM

NS role thaane Kamal?

Yes Vr :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFUp0TCvrfc

:redjump: :ty: appu.

thalaivar :bow:

Thalafanz
15th August 2009, 06:00 PM
Watched KaminEy :)

Shahid nallA pannirukkAn. :clap:
Priyanka's best IMO... :clap:
Direction and music :clap:

UdanE, intha padathayum Dhamilla remake pannuvAinggalE... :P

MADDY
15th August 2009, 08:43 PM
Watched KaminEy :)

Shahid nallA pannirukkAn. :clap:
Priyanka's best IMO... :clap:
Direction and music :clap:

Kaminey

pretty much expected 8-)

Plum
15th August 2009, 09:08 PM
Indha vishal bharadwaj kamal-ai vechu padam edukkalamA?
(PR, enna solreenga, kamal the writer-a? Vishal chalega-vA?)

Innum equavum vandhu paarattitaarunnA...
*throw the towel* dhaan

P_R
15th August 2009, 09:32 PM
Indha vishal bharadwaj kamal-ai vechu padam edukkalamA?

Kamal was considered for Maqbool. He wanted to make it a bilingual and talks broke down. He made MX instead :lol2:

(PR, enna solreenga, kamal the writer-a? Vishal chalega-vA?) yErkanavE publicize paNNa kolGai, pEravaa, nappAsai etc. Kamal-ai vachchu yaarum padam edukka koodaadhu. He should sit and churn out script after script writing films. seyyavENdiyadhu evvaLavO kadakku, every film he does not write is a distraction. And a costly one. I thing he needs a project manager setting hard deadlines :-)

MADDY
15th August 2009, 09:49 PM
even Anuragji wanted to work with kamal.......but yea, kamal can write and vishal or anurag can direct that isnt it - arre problem kya hai (arshad warsi style) :lol2:

P_R
15th August 2009, 10:18 PM
even Anuragji wanted to work with kamal.......but yea, kamal can write and vishal or anurag can direct that isnt it - arre problem kya hai (arshad warsi style) :lol2:
oNNiyum vOnAm

Plum
15th August 2009, 10:45 PM
Maqbool-la kamalukku perumai serkirA maadhiri role edhunachum irukkA? Enakku apdi thonaliye...
Pankaj kapoor role offer panninarO? :lol:
(Just remembered bagat sing kapoor is his son - genes nalla thaan irukku... Kaminey parkanum)

P_R
15th August 2009, 10:53 PM
I imagine Kamal was offered the title role. Still he is a young.

ajithfederer
15th August 2009, 11:34 PM
Kaminey - Movie is good. Shahid tambee :clap:

Vishal Bharadwaj - :clap:.

Sarna
16th August 2009, 04:19 PM
Kaminey - ivvalavu nallaa irukkum'nu edhirpaakkala :shock: really very good :clap: :clap:

Priyanka is the show-stealer :clap: :clap: eththana expressions .... I cant think anyother actress otherthan Simran(from & after her generation) to do what Priyanka did :?

Shahid kapoor :shock: double action ... getup'la perusaa onnum vidhyaasam illa, oru vaaram dhaadidhaan.... but acting'la Oralavukku vidhyaasam kaamichchirukkaapla :o

subtle comedy romba nalla workout aayirukku :D

Chak-de-India, Lagaan'ku appuram naan paarththa oru nalla hindhi padam.

Sarna
16th August 2009, 04:28 PM
Cinematography romba dullaa irundhadhu... naan paarththa theatre'la problem'aa ? illa manirathnam maadhiri vishalbarathwaj'um zero volts bulb'la dhaan padam eduppaaraa ?

Plum
16th August 2009, 04:59 PM
Why does mani continue to have the iruttula padam eduppaar reputation?
I thought that's a relic of his pc sriram days?
The last movie I remember with dark ambience is thalapathi?
Roja, dil se, alai paayutjae elaam brightA dhaane irundhudhu?
close watchers of mani, confirm
P.s; when mani moved from ir to arr, he moved from darkness to lightnu yaarum interpret panna koodadhu :evil:

MADDY
16th August 2009, 07:57 PM
P.s; when mani moved from ir to arr, he moved from darkness to lightnu yaarum interpret panna koodadhu :evil:

:rotfl: idhellam naanga enga vaayala solla maattom :P

remember the aananda vikatan revuu for agni natchithram - carry torchlight to theatres :rotfl: i must say thats just a popular conception which is pretty shallow.....agni natchithram had lots of scene where it was very bright.....the first face-off scene between prabu and karthik had too much of light - onniyum theriyaadhu :lol:

Appu s
16th August 2009, 07:58 PM
Why does mani continue to have the iruttula padam eduppaar reputation?
I thought that's a relic of his pc sriram days?
The last movie I remember with dark ambience is thalapathi?
Roja, dil se, alai paayutjae elaam brightA dhaane irundhudhu?
close watchers of mani, confirm

plum gaaru :lol2: :lol:

sarna entha scene dark nnu solrenga? enakonnum appidi kummiritta ethuvum thonaliye :roll:

P_R
16th August 2009, 08:14 PM
i must say thats just a popular conception which is pretty shallow.....
Exactly. I thought they were just saying that for fun and laughed along. appuram paarthA serious-A solla aarambichuttainga :shock:

Agni Natchathram is a visual spectacle. The picturization of Raja rAjan indha rAja oNNE pOdhum.

agni natchithram had lots of scene where it was very bright.....the first face-off scene between prabu and karthik had too much of light - onniyum theriyaadhu :lol:

Karthik's intro. Blinding light straight from the sun. Karthik's name is called out. He enters the frame blocking the sun and suddenly our sight is restored. Then he exits the frame and we are blind again.

I love the excessively lit scenes. When Karthik and friends here of Prabhu's appointment. The news is broken in the open park in daylight. sutteRikkum veyyil. The post-threat scene when Umapathi orders the hit on Vijayakumar. He stands in front of the car's headlights with his silk white bouncing off the light even more.

Of course the film had a lot of well-lit 'natural' scenes. The lighting in the indoor scenes in the house in mAmbalam, the scene where Vijakumar drinks when it is raining. The lonely rickshaw in a road lit only by sodium vapour lamps. Wonderfully natural.

Of course the climax is just ecstatic and brilliant. PC and MR were having a field day. adhu vEra vishayam.

P_R
16th August 2009, 08:58 PM
Kaminey

Don't bother rushing to watch this one. You can take your time, this will run for a while.

btw I forgot to add.

I am reasonably sure I 'got' only about half the movie due to my Hindilliteracy. Still...

crajkumar_be
16th August 2009, 09:04 PM
Kaminey - Lived up to the expectation
Priyanka :shock: :thumbsup:

I am reasonably sure I 'got' only about half the movie due to my Hindilliteracy. Still...
Same same. Appappo clarification kekka vendiyirunchu :oops:

Yes!
Andha brothers equation with the father and guilt/separation seriya puriyala...

P_R
16th August 2009, 09:14 PM
Same same. Appappo clarification kekka vendiyirunchu :oops: enga set-layE naan dhaan hindi pandit range. :lol2:

Andha brothers equation with the father and guilt/separation seriya puriyala...
Instead of getting what little money they had - though well below what the situation/life demands - Charlie tries (and succeds) in gambling it up to what is asked of him. It is too late.

Temperament difference, blame game etc. Establishing the discord seemed a little underdone althought the flashback itself was disproportionately senti.

littlemaster1982
16th August 2009, 09:16 PM

Adhukkudhan naan DVD Rip varra varaikkum wait pandradhu. Illainna JTYJN maadhiri aayidum :oops:

Sarna
17th August 2009, 07:45 AM
sarna entha scene dark nnu solrenga? enakonnum appidi kummiritta ethuvum thonaliye :roll:

padam muzhukka dullaavE irundhadhu :? not darkness

theatre problem'aa irukkum'nu nenakkurEn :roll:

crajkumar_be
17th August 2009, 12:48 PM
Instead of getting what little money they had - though well below what the situation/life demands - Charlie tries (and succeds) in gambling it up to what is asked of him. It is too late.

Temperament difference, blame game etc. Establishing the discord seemed a little underdone althought the flashback itself was disproportionately senti.
Oh ok..

Yes, adhu dhaan prachanaye. In fact enakku andha flashback paatha SDM nyabagam vandhiruchu :oops:

complicateur
20th August 2009, 06:48 PM
Kaminey,

ellAm nallA thAn irukku, aanaa.... OK, as long as I cant put a finger on it I'll say this - I liked the movie for the most part. Lovely acting (this drove the movie for me). I especially likes Tashi, he manages to pull of the unaccented english really well.

ajaybaskar
20th August 2009, 07:04 PM
Kaminey.

Excellent barring the climax..

ajaybaskar
23rd August 2009, 09:07 AM
Sikandar...

Padam release panna rendae naalla subtitlesoda crystal clear dvd produce panna kayavargalukku kodi nandrigal...

Appu s
23rd August 2009, 12:03 PM
Sikandar...

Padam release panna rendae naalla subtitlesoda crystal clear dvd produce panna kayavargalukku kodi nandrigal...

but ajay bro it is normal for all hindi movies right? i used to watch online the very next day of released date for most of the hindi movies

Prabo
23rd August 2009, 02:17 PM
but ajay bro it is normal for all hindi movies right? i used to watch online the very next day of released date for most of the hindi movies

unga nErmA enakku pidichchirukku :lol2:

Ek Chalis Ki Last Local

I always used to wonder why our directors doesn't bother to capture the beauty of night, dealing with night characters and intervene with story. appadiyae night'a kAttiNAlum Zoom panni NilA, top angle'la irunthu Mount Road traffic last but not least DD 8 pm news(ippO Sun news) itha than kAttuvanga. But, this is one movie dealing with iraVu manithargaLin iruttu vAzhkkai. It's more like a road movie, enna visually innum ethirpArhththaen.samayaththula Pulp Fiction AyidumOnnu oru chinna nerudal. Abhay Deol was 8-), Amith Mistry once again impressed. Last 30-40 minutes innum pArkkala

ajaybaskar
23rd August 2009, 04:56 PM
Sikandar...

Bro,

Even i have watched few movies in the same manner but the print was not very good. This one was in par with Ayngaran dvds.. Director's commentary illadhadhu onnuthaan kurai... :wink:

MADDY
23rd August 2009, 08:43 PM
Abhay Deol was 8-)

this guy is a winner 8-)

ajay, how was Maddy in sikander?? :D

P_R
23rd August 2009, 08:51 PM
Sikandar-ai rediff-la kizhichirundhaanga

MADDY
23rd August 2009, 09:25 PM

konjam naive-a dhaan irundhudhu - namakku adhu mukkiyam illa, Maddy dhaan mukkiyam.... :D

Plum
24th August 2009, 05:12 PM

konjam naive-a dhaan irundhudhu - namakku adhu mukkiyam illa, Maddy dhaan mukkiyam.... :D

Compli's fav quote - nelA aagasathulayA irukku?

crajkumar_be
24th August 2009, 05:26 PM
Isn't that Equanimus'? "Mappy glass/sarakku liya irukku?"

P_R
24th August 2009, 05:38 PM
Isn't that Equanimus'?

As Plum quoting Pannikkutti raamasaamy would say: "theriyumadA...reNdum oNNu dhaane dA...kuzhappureengaLe"

Disclaimer to prevent "double da" accusation: Just quoted verbatim...disrespett unintended.

Plum
24th August 2009, 05:38 PM
enakku innum indha confusion pogalai pola :-(

Nerd
24th August 2009, 07:34 PM
"mabbu"? Explanation plis. I mean which film this quote yA? :)

P_R
24th August 2009, 07:39 PM
AbirAmi urging Guna to tie the knot ahead of Pournami saying "nilA enna aagAyathulayE irukku...manasu dhaan nilA"

'Full' moon 'ngradhula further subtext kaNdupidichavar equanimar.

Nerd
24th August 2009, 07:54 PM
'Full' moon :lol:

equanimus
24th August 2009, 08:15 PM
adadE, andhath thaththuvaththukku ippadi oru parimANam vERa irukkA! IswaranOda lIlaiya purinjukkavE mudiyalayE...

complicateur
25th August 2009, 12:01 AM
:rotfl2: I can claim no share. This 140-proof genius! :rotfl2:

crajkumar_be
27th August 2009, 12:11 AM
A few scenes from Love Aaj Kal (idhu podhum): :banghead:
Indha karumatha dhaan JTYJN-liye sollitteengale da :x
Steamin pile of pseudo-cool crap. Ivangalukkellam (director) dhill-um kidayaadhu oru mannum kidayaadhu. NRI nonsense!

Plum
27th August 2009, 07:57 AM
A few scenes from Love Aaj Kal (idhu podhum): :banghead:
Indha karumatha dhaan JTYJN-liye sollitteengale da :x
Steamin pile of pseudo-cool crap. Ivangalukkellam (director) dhill-um kidayaadhu oru mannum kidayaadhu. NRI nonsense!
Ah! It needed good old bala to call the emperor's (no) clothes.

MADDY
27th August 2009, 11:25 AM

i loved Love Aaj kal - it was terrific writing by Imtiaz......as i said earlier, dialogues of this movie are one of the best i have seen going into intricate details and uttering almost everything a confused mind has to say....scene after deepika's marriage - terrific.....

i'm happy to know that i have put forth concrete enough posts establishing the supermacy of bollywood and that it takes a CR to reassure that "everything is not all right" with bollywood :lol:

crajkumar_be
27th August 2009, 11:43 AM
Yeah, I think those who like JTYJN might like this one.

MADDY
27th August 2009, 11:45 AM
Pyaar ke side effects (2006) - sema bore........not enough interesting sequences, recursive situations, boring comedy, overacting from rahul bose and mallika.........shabba.....only saving grace was ranvir shorey's antics but it hardly mattered :D .....

Querida
27th August 2009, 11:49 AM
Pyaar ke side effects (2006) - sema bore........not enough interesting sequences, recursive situations, boring comedy, overacting from rahul bose and mallika.........shabba.....only saving grace was ranvir shorey's antics but it hardly mattered :D .....

I saw preview for this movie on filmy...even for song they kept replaying the same scenes over and over...from there I only guessed...that and Mallika's acting was another major indication :lol:

Rahul was soooo good in "Mr. and Mrs. Iyer" wish he did more movies like that....

Sarna
27th August 2009, 11:49 AM

I was forced to watch this movie wn I was travelling in Volvo from hyd to bangalore :cry2: after that I stopped travelling in Volvo

MADDY
27th August 2009, 11:50 AM

not neccessarily - JTYJN is much superior than LAK.....

P_R
27th August 2009, 11:54 AM

not neccessarily - JTYJN is much superior than LAK.....

CR, IIRC was not impressed by JYYJN.
JWM paththi reNdu vaarthaigaL

Just to understand where you are coming from before I make any investment decisions.

crajkumar_be
27th August 2009, 12:36 PM
JWM pidichidhunga. yedhartham and padhaartham.
Kareena + andha madhiri characters ellam allergy, yet the characterization worked well and so did the acting, to an extent.

Appu s
27th August 2009, 12:44 PM

JTYJN better than JWM ngirenn..

P_R
27th August 2009, 01:51 PM
Kareena + andha madhiri characters ellam allergy, yet the characterization worked well and so did the acting, to an extent.ungaLai generalize paNNiralaamnu paarthA....ippidi sollitteengaLE. :lol2:

Anyway...yet to see LAK.

Plum
28th August 2009, 07:37 PM
Kareena + andha madhiri characters ellam allergy, yet the characterization worked well and so did the acting, to an extent.ungaLai generalize paNNiralaamnu paarthA....ippidi sollitteengaLE. :lol2:

inimE naan kooda appappO edhavadhu bollywood figure-ai appreciate paNNi tholaichu ungaLa confuse paNdrEn...
(figure as used in this sentence != typical TN collegian usage of the word)

ajaybaskar
28th August 2009, 07:48 PM
Maddy..Waiting for your reviews on Kaminey and Sikandar..

Wibha
28th August 2009, 08:02 PM
Jab we met-AGAIN :ashamed:

directhit
29th August 2009, 06:52 AM
Kaminey
Priyanka deserves a wow. Shahid did very well in both roles, esp the scene where he speaks about his childhood love to PC :thumbsup: Infact most of the acting was very well done, the maharashtrian guy, tashe etc
Movie was ok :? online reviews and hub praised this movie so much (comparing to QT's movies :shock:). short movie yes and some scenes were well done. Felt something was missing. Flashback scenes and the whole message(purpose) part :banghead:
very predictable story line with no twists as well..

PS : whts with the big hype over Dhan tan na song :? felt it was least attractive...

MADDY
29th August 2009, 08:18 AM
Maddy..Waiting for your reviews on Kaminey and Sikandar..

u will have to wait a bit longer, i'm on trip to pondy :P

kid-glove
30th August 2009, 06:05 PM
Kaminey
Priyanka deserves a wow. Shahid did very well in both roles, esp the scene where he speaks about his childhood love to PC :thumbsup: Infact most of the acting was very well done, the maharashtrian guy, tashe etc
Movie was ok :? online reviews and hub praised this movie so much (comparing to QT's movies :shock:). short movie yes and some scenes were well done. Felt something was missing. Flashback scenes and the whole message(purpose) part :banghead:

PS : whts with the big hype over Dhan tan na song :? felt it was least attractive...

Agreed, word by word.

ajaybaskar
31st August 2009, 02:52 PM
Kaminey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxtnzYuaP18&feature=related

From here, Shahid has made a giant leap to what he has now done in Kaminey...

directhit
31st August 2009, 08:28 PM
Kaminey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxtnzYuaP18&feature=related

From here, Shahid has made a giant leap to what he has now done in Kaminey... :o never noticed/knew it!!

MADDY
2nd September 2009, 07:26 PM
Kaminey - superb........

tension that builds up in first half was too good but second half just pans out as expected.........characterisations super yaa......and shahid, priyanka - very good :D .....climax was a big mess i thought, though he connected various threads and caused a bit of drama, it just ended up as a masala movie climax.......but still it had superior screenplay to most action movies 8-) ......baradwaj :thumbsup:

(plum: nee endha bollywood padam dhaan nalla illa-nnu solra? :lol: )

Nerd
2nd September 2009, 08:00 PM
I started watching a downloaded copy last weekend, oru maadhiri irundhuchu. Avvalvaa pidikkalai, puriyalai. But going to watch it in big screen this weekend.

MADDY
2nd September 2009, 08:25 PM
I started watching a downloaded copy last weekend, oru maadhiri irundhuchu. Avvalvaa pidikkalai, puriyalai. But going to watch it in big screen this weekend.

yea, its very hard to follow - i watched it with subtitles and paused it in quite a few places... :)

ajithfederer
2nd September 2009, 08:29 PM
Kaminey has some of the best humour i have seen in recent times.
Aap bhope Baabu or mein tope baabu (something like that) :rotfl:
This one lisps while the other one stutters :lol2:
Gaana mae bolo...
Guddu's ambition chart :lol:

When I watched the film here in first week the audience absolutely loved the film.

P_R
2nd September 2009, 09:17 PM
apna haath jagannath :rotfl:

And the names chosen were very naughty: (serious-A) Franfif :rotfl2:

Bhope Bhau killing the Bangali brother in the mayhem climax :lol:

Priyanka and Shahid:ti-tu-ti-tu
Lobo: You two :rotfl3:

Lobo's sidekick's reaction when Guddu stammers in the interrogation :lol:

The name Guddu for the good boy - Bharadwajar had me there itself :bow:

More Hindi-literate people say there is more word play in there. udanadiyA madhyamA pass paNnanum.

crajkumar_be
2nd September 2009, 10:38 PM

yea, its very hard to follow - i watched it with subtitles and paused it in quite a few places... :)
Appo theater la yosichu parunga!

crajkumar_be
2nd September 2009, 10:40 PM
apna haath jagannath :rotfl:

And the names chosen were very naughty: (serious-A) Franfif :rotfl2:

Bhope Bhau killing the Bangali brother in the mayhem climax :lol:

Lobo's sidekick's reaction when Guddu stammers in the interrogation :lol:

More Hindi-literate people say there is more word play in there. udanadiyA madhyamA pass paNnanum.
:rotfl2:

Nitpick: Lisp ippadi irukkaadhu (rare cases la irukkalaam). Generally it will sound like how Spaniards say "Zaragosa"

equanimus
3rd September 2009, 07:19 PM
Lele (Lobo's sidekick) says this, no? Loved his performance. And Shiv Subrahmanyam was just about perfect.

And naming the bad guy Charlie is of course a teasing reference to the innumerous Roberts and Rosys of yore. Here he's a Sharma!

kid-glove
3rd September 2009, 07:31 PM
After a point, it was tiring. Brangan got it right about excessive wordplay, and 'dog'play. I was expecting verboseness, but it got overtly recurring.

equanimus
3rd September 2009, 07:37 PM
[tscii:1460e711f9][/tscii:1460e711f9]I suppose many of you would have already read this (http://www.dnaindia.com/opinion/column_a-pretentious-film-bamboozles-critics_1284914). A lone voice of dissent is always welcome, but I'm puzzled by some of his criticisms. For instance, this excerpt. I wonder if he even got the joke, or is it that he didn't think it was funny?

There are several problems with Kaminey. First, it is made in the format of a commercial film with all its stereotypical elements -- hero, heroine, villains, songs, romance and fights. The curiosity was how Bhardwaj would use the clichés of the regular film and infuse new meaning into them.

The fact is that Bhardwaj makes a mess of it. The hero and heroine dance and sing in an AIDS-awareness promotion procession. In the next scene they decide on their marriage based on an impending pregnancy.

kid-glove
3rd September 2009, 07:47 PM
he hero and heroine dance and sing in an AIDS-awareness promotion procession.

Attention deficit. Her entry(& the newsbreak) was meant to be ironic. Didn't think much of the choreography (by Raju Sundaram?), I thought the song was a nice way to introduce Guddu, and AIDS awareness is clever way to infuse commercial values.

P_R
3rd September 2009, 07:48 PM
Yeah that was the baffling part. That's the line that convinces you not to take this guy seriously.

That was instantly funny. And the next scene when he struggles and finally says:
Home Science :rotfl:

equanimus
3rd September 2009, 07:50 PM
After a point, it was tiring. Brangan got it right about excessive wordplay, and 'dog'play. I was expecting verboseness, but it got overtly recurring.
I agree, kid-glove, that the wordplay was quite overdrawn at times (like the "you two" line which was very cheesy), a bit underwhelming coming from Vishal Bhardwaj who's such a crackling dialogue-writer. But overall, I thought the dialogue was indeed one of the strong points of the film.

P_R
3rd September 2009, 07:59 PM
I guess you-two was written for the likes of me :-)

I found the ruthless villain kinda odd - it didn't work as a joke and couldn't be taken seriously either. Lobo and Lele were impressive in straddling the two different reactions.

The scene were the villain and co enter Bhope's havEli and beat a hasty retreat as Priyanka sprays bullets on them :rotfl2: Unlike anything ever shown before on screen.

kid-glove
3rd September 2009, 08:03 PM
I agree, kid-glove, that the wordplay was quite overdrawn at times (like the "you two" line which was very cheesy), a bit underwhelming coming from Vishal Bhardwaj who's such a crackling dialogue-writer. But overall, I thought the dialogue is indeed one of the strong points of the film.

A light nitpick, but at no point, it felt 'manufactured' or out of place. I loved the seamless technique, and the fact it did bring out laughs from the crowd without being mind-numbingly stupid, like other Bolly comedies. And yes, he is probably the best dialogue-writer in Hindi cinema (apart from Abbas Tyrewala, maybe). After watching the film, it felt the 'loudest' VB film, I've never felt this way about some of his intense works like Omkara and Maqbool (humour seamlessly infused in these works too).

equanimus
3rd September 2009, 08:06 PM
PR,
But the thing is, even as you (adhAvadhu nAn!) boo in response to the wordplay, you reconcile a bit because Lele delivers it pretty well, with the right amount of earnestness and emergency. :)

P_R
3rd September 2009, 08:06 PM
Okay...one thing the early reviews were saying was something like: the movie doesn't stop to explain, you connect the dots yourself etc.

When I watched the movie I was :huh: There weren't any "oh-yeah" moments, were there ?
What were they possibly referring to ?

equanimus
3rd September 2009, 08:13 PM
Okay...one thing the early reviews were saying was something like: the movie doesn't stop to explain, you connect the dots yourself etc.

When I watched the movie I was :huh: There weren't any "oh-yeah" moments, were there ?
What were they possibly referring to ?
Ditto, PR. I was also more than a bit perplexed when I read those reviews (but it was after watching the film in my case). There wasn't much interlocking between different strands/parts of the narrative at all. And another thing I found really off the mark was the suggestion that the film moves at a frenetic pace.

P_R
3rd September 2009, 08:20 PM
The end of the first half is frenetic.

The hotel, who is killing whom, whose escaping...things happening in two rooms and getting mixed up. That happened faster than average.

Plum
3rd September 2009, 08:21 PM
ada critics-na apdi ipdi udhaar-A ezhudharadhu dhaan. makkaL adha padichitti, coffee machine kitta kadhai vudaradhu dhaan. ("do you know that swine flu kills less people in a day than ordinary flu" apdinnu sollittu oru mystic smile vuduvAngaLE, same pieces will quote such "frenetic pace", "connect the dots" etc)

kid-glove
3rd September 2009, 08:27 PM
There's no hassle to connect the dots. It's a simple film, chronological for most part, and the flashback/dream sequences are moments where the movie actually "stops to explain". :)

Personally, the only 'oh-yeah' (more of a 'oh-yeah, it could be') moment was speculative. Moments after watching the film, I had a reason to believe Charlie had stolen the watch, and father got wrongly convicted. I felt this way because at one point, Charlie's dream has a shot of Mikhail instead of father's cadaver. And I inferred what I did, because Charlie feels responsible for death of Mikhail, the split second decision to loot the guitar and the drug had got into Mikhail. Placing this side-by-side with (my imaginary) scenario of Charlie stealing the watch, and therein Father's death. It's put in place! :P At the end of it all, I felt silly for reading too much into this.

Nerd
3rd September 2009, 08:27 PM

The hotel, who is killing whom, whose escaping...things happening in two rooms and getting mixed up. That happened faster than average.
Exactly this piece put me off. Onniyum puriyalai :oops:

kid-glove
3rd September 2009, 08:32 PM

I agree. Right until the salute at check-post, it was frenetic. Then everything is clear, no?

P_R
3rd September 2009, 08:39 PM

I agree. Right until the salute at check-post, it was frenetic. Then everything is clear, no?
Yeah. adhai thaan sollirukaanga pOla.

But Nerd it slowed down disproporitonately after that right. Recap of opening voice over about the "path that is not taken" before Charlie makes the decision.

Nerd
3rd September 2009, 08:53 PM
I stopped at that point. Also the video quality of the preDVD I downloaded was not all that great. Made plans to watch that on big screen anyway. US-la theater-layum subtitles irukkum :mrgreen:

equanimus
3rd September 2009, 10:11 PM

Yeah. And the style employed here is more like "getting right into the middle of a scene," so to say. (You can see shades of this even in some of Bhardwaj's earlier films.) In general, the film's pace fluctuates quite a bit throughout, with standard genre set pieces interjected with now-trademark Bhardwaj-style languor. Which is why all those statements that the film moves at breakneck speed, gives you no time to stop and think, etc. sound like they're talking about some other film.

MADDY
6th September 2009, 08:57 AM
Sikkander - childish....

i dont know how they can depict terrorists as some gang mafia.......complete lack of understanding of the subject......movie just fell away in 10 mins for me......madhavan hardly comes in 6-7 scenes but all his scenes were superb 8-) ......he looked very concincing as a army officer.....to madhavan critics who call him "over actor" , heres a movie where he underplays brilliantly....

Thalafanz
6th September 2009, 09:11 AM
Daddy Cool (Join The Fun-enal) :banghead: for most of the scenes...

As I expected they used and spolit the classic Boney M's Daddy Cool song... :twisted:

ajaybaskar
6th September 2009, 09:24 AM
Sikkander - childish....

i dont know how they can depict terrorists as some gang mafia.......complete lack of understanding of the subject......movie just fell away in 10 mins for me......madhavan hardly comes in 6-7 scenes but all his scenes were superb 8-) ......he looked very concincing as a army officer.....to madhavan critics who call him "over actor" , heres a movie where he underplays brilliantly....

How was KIKK? Have u posted the review?

MADDY
6th September 2009, 02:43 PM
Sikkander - childish....

yea, i think i posted somewhere.....very predictable screenplay......tammy was gorgeous as usual plus S-E-L :bow: .....i'm just going crazy for the songs :D

MADDY
6th September 2009, 02:45 PM
not so good news for Kaminey supporters :(

sify says:
Kaminey
Cast: Shahid Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra, Amole Gupte, Tenzing Nima, Chandan Roy Sanyal, Shiv Subrahmanyam, Hrishikesh Joshi
Director : Vishal Bharadwaj

plus: A well-made film in all respects
minus: Could've had a better culmination

BO verdict : Average

indha padam ellam odalainna endha padam odumaam north-la :x

Thalafanz
6th September 2009, 04:22 PM
Sikkander - childish....

yea, i think i posted somewhere.....very predictable screenplay......tammy was gorgeous as usual plus S-E-L :bow: .....i'm just going crazy for the songs :D

Pardon my ignorance, what is KIKK??? :)

Maddy, cool avatar btw... 8-)

Appu s
6th September 2009, 05:50 PM
Konjam Ishtam Konjam Kashtam - telugu movie TF..

Thalafanz
6th September 2009, 07:14 PM
Konjam Ishtam Konjam Kashtam - telugu movie TF..

Oh, ok. Thanks. I thought it's a Hindi movie, hence the doubt... :)

Thalafanz
8th September 2009, 07:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvfWaRar62Q&feature=channel :lol:

Nerd
8th September 2009, 07:58 PM
Kaminey - Liked it. Climax was unintentionally hilarious but the lead-up to it was superb. Great dialogues/acting/screenplay.

Maqbool > The Blue Umbrella > Omkara=Kaminey

P_R
8th September 2009, 08:07 PM
I don't think it was unintentional . After a point he got down to making funny caricatures -
Priyanka spraying bullets, goons bargaining percentages at gun-point etc :lol:

Umbrella innum paakkale

Nerd
8th September 2009, 08:20 PM
But if you notice the *lead-up*, *build-up*, character study (twins) etc in the second half, the climax seemed a little rushed and did not fit well with the rest of the film. I mean Guy Ritchie padathula indha character study/sentiment ellAm irukkaadhu, so ithis sort of climax works for his films :?

kid-glove
9th September 2009, 02:06 PM
I agree Nerd. It was at odds, but I personally think Bharadwaj wanted the 'standoff', a stalemate after all the emotional turbulence, trade-off, collision, and cahoots over the course of the narrative. Maybe VB 'intentionally' smoked out with a bang. It presented an exploit, an opportunity for the filmmaker to tuck-in a long drawn cinematic set-piece, VB conceived a hazy and explosive denouement, but a lot of things happen, like slapstick humor in form of Priyanki shooting in the air, Bhope feigning death to shoot bengali brother, bargaining percentages, etc.

But you don't need any of that reading. Auteurs love to indulge in set-pieces all the time (apart from long shots, they flex their muscles and flash their technique in such shots). I felt that way about Virumandi jail sequence (there are not many sequences like that in Indian cinema), with belting IR bgm. Okay, it seems botched-up and sticks out like flaw in a narrative, but cinema allows such indulgence.

The magic and perfection is achieved when it is seamlessly infused. In this case, it did not. That's another reason why it is inferior to other VB's works.

Thalafanz
11th September 2009, 05:31 PM
Dev D Team at Venice Film Festival (pics)

http://www.aol.in/bollywood/photogallery/bollywood-venice-film-festival

Abhay Deol, Kalki Koechlin and Mahi Gill attend 'Dev D' premiere at the Sala Grande during the 66th Venice Film Festival on September 7, 2009 in Venice, Italy.

Good news to all Dev D Fan club members :P

MADDY
12th September 2009, 10:16 AM
Dev D Team at Venice Film Festival (pics)

http://www.aol.in/bollywood/photogallery/bollywood-venice-film-festival

Abhay Deol, Kalki Koechlin and Mahi Gill attend 'Dev D' premiere at the Sala Grande during the 66th Venice Film Festival on September 7, 2009 in Venice, Italy.

Good news to all Dev D Fan club members :P

:clap:

P_R
12th September 2009, 05:49 PM

Not bad. Many people dissed it a lot so I thought it was a total dud. It was far from.

kid-glove
13th September 2009, 03:03 PM
New york
- Bad. Good perf by Irrfan and earnest rendition by Neil Nitin Mukesh(far better than Ranbir kapoors or what have you, pity about his nontraditional looks, but it suits this role, Omar) Meedhi ellam rejected especially JohnAbrahaam and Katrinakaif.

Gulaal
- Cheers to Kay kay menon and Anurag's effort, but lot is made for the 'effect' and landscape(yes, there are characters, but I didn't care much for them, except maybe Kay Kay - maybe a dark comedy could be developed on this character), thus selling the film short. Piyush Mishra is irritant.

Plum
13th September 2009, 09:01 PM
Kaminey - underwhelming. Maybe the hype did me in.
Bhagat singh kapoor is just about okay. Indha performance tamizhla evanum paNNa mattAnA?
Emperor is naked, I say.

Plum
13th September 2009, 09:02 PM
Chopra, otoh, is very good!

MADDY
13th September 2009, 09:46 PM
Chopra, otoh, is very good!

idhu enna consolation price-a?? :P

complicateur
13th September 2009, 10:04 PM
This (http://passionforcinema.com/road-movie-trailer/) looks interesting. Abhay Deol rasigars take a look.

MADDY
13th September 2009, 11:46 PM
This (http://passionforcinema.com/road-movie-trailer/) looks interesting. Abhay Deol rasigars take a look.

its premiering in toronto movie festival only :D ......lets see if it gets released here

P_R
14th September 2009, 08:51 AM
Bhagat singh kapoor is just about okay. Indha performance tamizhla evanum paNNa mattAnA?
yaaru... bradhar co-bharadhar seyvaarA :lol2:

Thalafanz
15th September 2009, 08:19 PM
Aamir and SRK star together!

The Oscar winning director Danny Boyle has reportedly signed up Bollywood star Aamir Khan for his next venture Bombay Velvet. And now the director is planning to rope in Shah Rukh Khan for the same film.

It is worth a mention here that SRK was initially offered the role that finally went to Anil Kapoor. Bombay Velvet, we hear, will be directed by Anurag Kashyap. This thriller, which is based in the 1940s, is expected to commence next year. The film has three parts. While the Boyle is keen on signing up SRK for the first part, the second part will have a newbie. And if all goes well, Aamir will be donning the greasepaint for the third part.

http://www.behindwoods.com/bollywood/hindi-movies-news/sep-09-01/aamir-khan-15-09-09.html

Plum
17th September 2009, 04:22 PM
In an interview today, Bhagat Singh Kapoor calls Kaminey a comedy.
Note to all people here: nIngaLLAm andha padathai purinikkavE illai :lol:

MADDY
17th September 2009, 04:57 PM
It is worth a mention here that SRK was initially offered the role that finally went to Anil Kapoor. Bombay Velvet, we hear, will be directed by Anurag Kashyap. This thriller, which is based in the 1940s, is expected to commence next year. The film has three parts. While the Boyle is keen on signing up SRK for the first part, the second part will have a newbie. And if all goes well, Aamir will be donning the greasepaint for the third part.

http://www.behindwoods.com/bollywood/hindi-movies-news/sep-09-01/aamir-khan-15-09-09.html

oh, is it produced by Danny Boyle then? it is in list of upcoming movies from Anurag and he had once said its his first high budget movie and is nervous about it...... :D

kid-glove
17th September 2009, 04:59 PM
It's a comedy alright. Verbal play was a bit much after a point. The serious scenes were at odds, and the denouement stuck out. Charlie's dream imagery felt a bit kitsch for a VB film.

Plum
17th September 2009, 05:09 PM
K_g, no I didnt mean it that way. BS_Kappoor seems to have meant it earnestly - as in Govinda saying nesstu film is out and out comedy. He was even lamenting the A certificate which means "young fans" of his cannot watch the movie!

Idhula, ivaru character-ai purinjikitti outstanding-A nadhichuttarunnu vEra allegations. Edho Vishal B sonnadhai kEttu edho oppethi irukkAn. Idhula ivan ennamO, cinema-la oori oru performance kuduthutAplayum, tamizhla evanumE paNNa mudiyadhAAm...

Tamizhla andha maadhiri writing paNNa perusa AL illai sari - chumma chumma indha maadhiri padathaiyE purinjikkama nadichavanai ellAm Ethi vudaradhu dhaan too much.

kid-glove
17th September 2009, 05:30 PM
I agree.

Via Soonapaana: "Edhavadhu seyyanum Arjun, edhavadhu seyyanum"

P_R
17th September 2009, 06:23 PM
K_g, no I didnt mean it that way. BS_Kappoor seems to have meant it earnestly - as in Govinda saying nesstu film is out and out comedy. He was even lamenting the A certificate which means "young fans" of his cannot watch the movie!

Idhula, ivaru character-ai purinjikitti outstanding-A nadhichuttarunnu vEra allegations. Edho Vishal B sonnadhai kEttu edho oppethi irukkAn. Idhula ivan ennamO, cinema-la oori oru performance kuduthutAplayum, tamizhla evanumE paNNa mudiyadhAAm...

Tamizhla andha maadhiri writing paNNa perusa AL illai sari - chumma chumma indha maadhiri padathaiyE purinjikkama nadichavanai ellAm Ethi vudaradhu dhaan too much.

Idhu comedy dhaanE :oops:
I mean..I was constantly laughing, except possibly in the flashback.
Label-A mukkiyam, audience reaction dhaan mukkiyam.

And your claim that his performance/talend needs to be undervalued because he was just carrying out Bharadwajar's orders is pretty much like the "kambiyai pidikkaama varuvaar" argument you posted about in the Surya thread.

A few years back an English playwright Harold Pinter won the Nobel. He was notorioisly curt with his actors apparently. One guy came up and asked him what was the relevance/meaning of a paricular line/scene in the play and Pinter's response was: "mind your own business" :lol:

kid-glove
17th September 2009, 06:48 PM
"mind your own business" - Appadi thaan irukkanum. I like it. Legendary playwright it seems, but not impressed by his screen adaptation of "Sleuth".

But Plum is right..lest we forget VB extracts the best out of his actors. Take his short film "Blood brothers", Siddarth's part is pretty much unmatched by his other roles and films. Like that.

Shaheed is not out-of-reach for Tamil actors like Bharath, Jeeva, and likes (not a big fan of Dhanush you see).

Edhukku indha "talented" noise? Too much I say. Should be used when deemed apt & necessary. Like when you're talking about 'talents' like Madhavan or Irrfan khan. :yessir:

Nerd
17th September 2009, 07:28 PM
Bharathar JWM remake-kku wait pannalaam. Thambi seyvaapla :oops: Kadhal ellAm Shahid-kku out of reach. VB, Mani saar, Kamal films ellAm rejetted while gauging an actie's talend.

Btw, why Bhagat Singh Kapoor?

kid-glove
17th September 2009, 07:35 PM
Kadhal ellAm Shahid-kku out of reach.

:goodidea: :exactly: :yes: :ty:

P_R
17th September 2009, 07:36 PM
why Bhagat Singh Kapoor?
1) Shaheed
2) Hidden agenda to abbreviate as BS

Plum
17th September 2009, 07:42 PM
I don't think jwm is bharath's cup of tea in as much as.a kadhal isn't bs kapoor's.
Why because - after jwn remake releases, we should not conclude bs_k > bharathar.
But based on pattiyal and even koodal nagar, bharathar certainly has the ability to do kaminey. Bharadwajar kitta kodutha, bs-k vuda nallAvE varuvaar.

Bharathar is to be more pitied than censured that the way tamil filmdom is, he can't even dream of the opps that a less talented bs-k gets.

I see the merits of the kambiyE pudikkAma argument but suppose bharathar waits for kaminey like script, will he act in exactly even one more tamil movie? That us the answer to the kambi argument

Plum
17th September 2009, 07:46 PM
why Bhagat Singh Kapoor?
1) Shaheed
2) Hidden agenda to abbreviate as BS
Dangerous phlow, ipdi hidden agendallAm correctA kandupadikka koodAdhu :evil:

P_R
17th September 2009, 08:28 PM
after jwn remake releases, we should not conclude bs_k > bharathar. anticipatory bail-A :lol:

Bharathar is to be more pitied than censured that the way tamil filmdom is, he can't even dream of the opps that a less talented bs-k gets. Oh poor thing. America-vula piRandhirundhA aNNanaala Oscarukku perumai kidaichirukkum. He should perhaps say: "en keragam TFI-la vandhu maattikittEyyn"

even koodal nagar, bharathar certainly has the ability to do kaminey. Because of lookalikes who are different. Eh ?
Appo naanum sirikkaama solrEn..Radhika (of Arasi fame) would have done an excelled in the role. Dhan ta naan..